Windows Support Forum

Solved: Trouble accessing router's configuration page

Q: Solved: Trouble accessing router's configuration page

My computer is connected wirelessly to a Linksys router, which is connected to the internet through a modem/router that my ISP provided. When I enter 192.168.0.1, I am taken to the configuration page for my ISP's router. How do I access the Linksys router's configuration page?

I have tried all sorts of combinations of 192.168.x.x, but nothing has worked. Is there a way to figure out the address the Linksys router's configuration page? ...or is there a reason I am unable to access it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Trouble accessing router's configuration page

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 90.3%

Hello I am having trouble accessing the admin page for my wireless d-link wbr-2310 router. I have used ipconfig command on a laptop to see what the default gateway ip was which I have heard is the ip of the router and it was set at 192.168.1.1 which is the ip to the sonicwall firewall. I know the routers factory default ip should be 192.168.0.1 but for some reason it had changed to the ip of the sonicwall and now I am unable to access the config page for the router. I have used the reset button on the back numerous times and the ip still remains 192.168.1.1 and does not go back to the factory default. Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more info is needed for a diagnosis of this problem thanx.

YukonITguy

A:I am having trouble accessing the config page for my d-link wbr-2310 wireless router

Woo hoo solved the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-having-trouble-accessing-the-config-page-for-my-d-link-wbr-2310-wireless-router.820743/
Relevancy 87.72%

Ok, I have Windstream DSL that connects through a Siemens 4200 modem that goes into my linksys wrt54g wireless router. So how exactly do I access the modem, if when I type in 192.168.1.1 goes to the router. How can I access the modem to port foward? The only current way I can get to access settings on my modem is to go to Windstream.net and go to configurations in the top right. From there I can access the modem. Is there any way to port foward with this modem?

A:[Siemens] Accessing Siemens 4200 configuration page with a Linksys router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/siemens-accessing-siemens-4200-configuration-page-with-a-linksys-router.494227/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello:
I have a USR8700 (NAS) storage server. I can initiate the storage system console from my desktop and see the MAC address, IP Address, & Subnet mask. The problem I have, I was troubleshooting another issue and changed a setting. Once that changed, I cannot access the admin page to reset the setting back, nor can I access the NAS from another computer. To explain it, I had my "workgroup" named. I changed the toggle from "Get an IP address automatically" to "Use this IP Address", set an IP address in, and applied.

Now I cannot access the admin page to switch it back to obtaining an IP automatically.

Can anyone shed some insight as to a solution?

ANY help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all. I have a Linksys router (ezxs55w) and I am trying to forward some ports. However, I can't access the router status pages at all. I've tried entering 192.168.1.1 into my browser, but it doesn't work (it times out). I've also tried entering the IP address that shows up when I run ipconfig, but the same thing happens.

I am using Windows XP, and the windows firewall. I'm not sure if any other details are needed - if so, please ask.

Thanks!

Relevancy 69.66%

Internet access is fine.

Trouble is accessing Router admin page Engenius ESR6650 using windows 7. I try using the guides 192.168.0.1 but comes up with cannot find page error.

I might have reset to default a few months ago but that shouldn't affect ability to access admin page?

A:Accessing Router admin page Engenius ESR6650 using windows 7

Windows Key + R
cmd
ipconfig /all

Look under your adapter, for me it is Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection.
Check what the Default Gateway is, for me it is 192.168.0.1.
Enter your Default Gateway and see where that brings you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302729-accessing-router-admin-page-engenius-esr6650-using-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone,

I recently tried setting up a Buffalo WHR-G54s router on my desktop (which has Windows XP on it) so that I can access the internet with my laptop as well. I have no problems accessing the internet on my desktop after connecting everything, but I can't access the configuration page to set a password and change the SSID.

The default IP address of the router config is supposedly 192.168.11.1. However, when I run ipconfig /all, the default gateway is listed as 67.186.14.1. This IP address also pings successfully. Nowhere is 192.168.11.1 seen after running ipconfig /all.

When I try accessing either of these IP addresses in IE or Firefox, nothing happens. I even temporarily disabled all PopUp Blockers and shields (as far as I can tell) to see if that would help as well. But nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!!!

Relevancy 61.92%

Let me start by apologizing for a lengthy post I appreciate your patience in reading it and hopefully helping the computer-challenged My Trouble Pictures Solved: accessing problem involves accessing the My Pictures file If I save a photo Solved: Trouble accessing Pictures online most Solved: Trouble accessing Pictures of the time it saves properly to the My Pictures file and I can access it if I go into the Start menu gt My Pictures Occasionally the photo would save to an alternate file that didn t contain the bulk of my saved images in the My Pictures file If it saved to the alternate I couldn t access it afterwards Second part of the same issue Tonight I saved a picture from a website to Pictures It stored properly I can access it if I open the Start gt My Pictures file but if I attempt to insert that picture into an Outlook Express email when I Browse to select the image to insert that picture isn t there I m confused I never had this problem with the old computer for five years XP and same browser - IE It began manifesting three months ago when I upgraded my tower In the last week I began using a digital camera and installed MediaImpression for Pentax and Arcsoft Connect This seems to have exacerbated the unpredictability in storing online pictures and images from the camera almost always store in a separate file not in My Pictures I m probably not explaining this very well but I hope it s understandable I ve got limited computer know-how but I ve become quite adept at saving pictures and inserting them in emails etc I don t think this is operator error But I am concerned that maybe there s some subtle change in settings that happened when I changed computers I also suspect that installing the software that came with the camera has changed something in the computer - Maybe the camera software arbitrarily changed proprietary display properties When my email attachments open now they don t look the same and I m finding references to amp quot Windows Live Mail amp quot and amp quot Windows Live Photo Gallery amp quot that I ve never seen before Both showed up pinned to my Start Menu which has never happened before Any suggestions and insights appreciated Ken nbsp

A:Solved: Trouble accessing Pictures

when you browse to the folder to insert the image make sure in the files type slot "all files" is showing in the slot.So you can see all the files in the folder.

also in the file manager explorer click on tools/folder options click the "view menu" in there remove the tick from
hide extension for known file types

do a search in explorer for files your know of and its extension in the search type *.extension of known file i.e. jpg etc...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-accessing-pictures.991134/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am having problems accessing Google and it s websites I am unsure if my computer is infected or if it is a networking problem Sometimes I can access the sites and then the browser will say server not found I am using a wireless connection from my Google accessing Solved: Having trouble laptop I can access Google from my PC via wire with no problems at all I have reset my router and started over from scratch No luck there I have gone through the forums and have tried numerous things with no luck flushing the dns checking the host file Solved: Having trouble accessing Google etc I have attached my HJT and a copy of Malwarebytes anti-malware log Thanks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Solved: Having trouble accessing Google Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CLASSES ROOT scrfile shell open command default Broken OpenCommand - gt Bad NOTEPAD EXE Good quot quot S - gt No action taken HKEY CLASSES ROOT regfile shell open command default Broken OpenCommand - gt Solved: Having trouble accessing Google Bad NOTEPAD EXE Good regedit exe quot quot - gt No action taken Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxdomon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxdoamon exe C Windows System spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe C Program Files Online Backup OnlineBackup exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe C Program Files MozyHome mozystat exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO OToolbarHelper Class - EAD A - A - - -C E - C Program Files P... Read more

A:Solved: Having trouble accessing Google

Dude use ethernet for a while, get your local computer operator and find more help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-trouble-accessing-google.931154/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a small office workgroup. I am using Windows Server 2003 which has a shared fax and shared folders. I cannot access the server with a Windows 7 Ultimate workstation. The server shows up in the network on explorer, but double-clicking on the server icon, after a while, I get the error message "Windows cannot access \\Server. Check the spelling of the name..." Also, when trying to add the fax account "The mentioned server is not available..."
I can ping the server from the workstation. The server can access a shared folder on the W7 workstation. The user accounts on both computers are the same.
I connected a laptop running W7 Ult with the same user account and I am able to access the shared folders and fax on the server. The laptop can also access the shared folder on the W7 workstation.
Greatly appeciate any help.

A:Solved: Trouble accessing Server

You pinging server by the name or ip?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-accessing-server.1102615/
Relevancy 61.92%

When i type in the web address instead of being taken to the site i am instead taken to a default search page. if i click on the link for the correct site on the search page i get 'page cannot be displayed.' upon clicking diagnose connection problems it says "sitename.com" is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web service (HTTP) with this computer.

Have pinged this and they are online... Have tried flushing DNS and this doesn't help either.

was able to access this particular site not so long ago so i don't get the change.

Any help techs?

Relevancy 61.92%

Whenever I try to access some folders, Such as My Pictures, and other folders on my hard drive; my entire Windows Explorer freezes up as I try to scroll through the list of files. I've also noticed that it only does it in thumbnail view. I usually end up having to cntl+alt+delete and ending task. Then waiting for Windows Explorer to boot back up. Any ideas why my folders freeze up?

A:[SOLVED] Trouble Accessing Folders

did you try a different view. have you got lots of files stored in that particular folder.
my recomendation would be is to go to your local c drive and make a new folder called pictures and copy all the data there and remove the previous folder. this should speed it up.
also go to start all programs, accessories, system tools, disk defragment and defrag your hard drive.

right click on you c drive or if could be d just check click, choose properties, choose the tools tab, click check now for error, it will ask you to restart and choose yes. when your pc start up or boots it will give a blue screen and will check the files not the blue screen of death.
also what antivirus and antspyware are you using and have you scanned your pc lately. i say this because malware can use the explorer atribute.
i would also recommend using process explorer but not now just try some of the aboe suggestion , then get back to me.
farad

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-trouble-accessing-folders-241516.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I use IE6 on XP Pro. I'm trying to set up a blank page as startup but whenever I open IE, MSN.com loads as default. Fix ?

Relevancy 60.63%

I from XP PCs XP/Vista trouble Having accessing folders shared Solved: ve ready through a Solved: Having trouble accessing XP shared folders from XP/Vista PCs lot of posts around XP Vista networking sharing but I still was not able to solve my issue Sorry for the lengthy post it s my first time and I don t want anyone wasting their time because I didn t provide enough info especially the part where Solved: Having trouble accessing XP shared folders from XP/Vista PCs I messed everything thing up myself My main problem is I have a XP Pro sp desktop Solved: Having trouble accessing XP shared folders from XP/Vista PCs and would like to share it s folders on the network I currently have desktops XP Pro with the sharing problem and Vista Ultimate bit and laptops XP Pro and Vista The XP desktop has a lot of disk space and I ve used it as storage for my network for years Yes the network sharing has worked for years and I recently messed it up Both desktops are connected via wire to my Linksys Router Wireless-N Gigabit Router WRT N I setup a very basic dhcp network with all machines in the same workgroup The laptops are connected wirelessly but I don t think we need to worry about them Recently I found viruses and other bad stuff on the XP desktop so I used Malwarebytes to help clean it up During the process I also downloaded HiJackThis and pulled some stuff from the registry entries I believe this is where I made a mistake because my network card would no longer work At least this is what I noticed I may have messed up something somewhere else and only noticed the network card What I mean by no longer working is the status was This device is working properly but it would not get an ip address I tried to roll back the drivers no improvement I downloaded the latest drivers Interl Pro CT Network Connection and still no improvement I then noticed a message stating something about no DHCP client Sorry I didn t write down what I saw or where I saw this but I believe it was in the bottom right hand corner tray area - on top of my network connection The image in the tray indicated the card was trying to connect to the router which I couldn t even ping but stated something about missing or no DHCP client available I realize it should say can t find DHCP server i e the router but I m sure it said client which made me think I messed up my local networking files I read many articles around XP Vista networking trying to troubleshoot it myself I uninstalled Networking Services via add remove windows components then reinstalled and that seemed to do the trick At this point my XP desktop can see all other machines on the network and their shared assets via windows explorer and machine name or ip None of my other machines laptop which is XP Pro so I don t think it s a Vista XP issue can see the XP desktop though I ve tried pinging the ip of the XP desktop from other machines and nothing comes back My router client table sees all machines just fine I ve uninstalled and reinstalled File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks and that didn t fix it I m not really sure what to try next Any tips advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

My Internet cable is rj45. If i connect that cable directly to my pc, and set up the connection (PPPoe, requires a username and pass), i can access the internet.
then i bought a tp-link wr841n router which has a Wan (rj45) i/p socket.
and i ran the tp-links setup software, configured the router with the username and pass, but still it wont connect to the internet.
and help please ?

Relevancy 60.2%

I'm running windows xp and have linux installed on a separate hard drive. The drive doesn't show up in my computer and windows explorer isn't able to let me view the files. The drive shows in disk management, but does not have a letter assigned to it, nor am I able to assign a letter to it. The Linux hard drive has a ext3 partition and a 2gb swap partition on it. I need to access the ext3 partition. Any help is appreciated. Is there anyway to make windows explorer able to view the files on the ext3 partition on the linux drive?

*edit* nevermind, I got it to work using ext2IFS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-accessing-my-linux-hard-drive-through-windows-xp.707507/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am getting these messages.

RTRTDS(config)#show version
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker. (up arrow under "h")

and

RTRTDS#ipconfig /all
Translating "l"
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.(up arrow under "l")

and

RTRTDS(config)#interface ethernet0/0
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker. (up arrow under "e")

A:Solved: Accessing used Cisco 1760 router

Sorry, I figured it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accessing-used-cisco-1760-router.908198/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok quick question i currently have Dlink DSL R s networked together and set up correctly the Master router is assigning DCHP addresses and the secondary is forwarding to the relevant computer thats connected to it I have two PC s Router Multi Configuration Solved: both connected to the secondary router which are able to network together and use the master routers Solved: Multi Router Configuration internet However my girlfriend is buying a new laptop next week and wants to be able to stream music from one of my PC s to her Laptop while connected to the Master router so she isnt affected by any lags due to networking happening between my two pc s i regularly switch files between them hence the second router so questions Firstly am i right in my above statement that if My pc s are transferring via router number router number will serve her with no overlap between the and Secondly DCHP is off on the nd router and as far as i can see the main router see s my pc s and the nd router is invisible so am i right in thinking that her PC will be able to see both my PC s on the nd router or will she just see router number i read somewhere that some routers see all clients connected to the nd router as one IP address and the nd router sorts it out when it gets there nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Okay so I want to port forward so I can make a Garry's Mod server. I port forwarded for my Minecraft server like a year or two ago and it worked fine. But now when I try to put my default gateway in the address bar it just comes up with "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to"

I went on command prompt and typed in ipconfig and tried like every number but it still wont work. Like I said I did this before for a Minecraft server and it worked fine. Please help I've had this problem for a while and have been using Hamachi but it's rather inconvenient. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 59.34%

hello guys,

good day! please i need your help on what to do's regarding wrh54g client configuration. i been setting up today the point of access for its secured network mode with WPA shared key on XP-SP3. tried successfully on a client with windows7 lappy, but then my problem was that my boss want me to set it on a manual mode. i mean, he wanted it that everytime he disconnect the wireless and decide to connect again later he likes to input again the password. but as ive see it everytime i tried to reconnect, the password is automatically inputted already and ready to connect. not unless u click the wpa box and the password will be deleted. boss wanted this kind of setup for security purposes. i hope u can help me on this matter. my other options also were not successful.

all comment and help will be highly appreciated.

regards,

twinx

A:[SOLVED] please help on WRH54G router client configuration..

Let me say this much. If that were the case with my wireless network, I would be entering my 64 character passkey every time I connected to my wireless network. I could just copy and paste it from a text file, but then what is the point of doing that over just letting the computer save it for me? If your boss wants to make sure his wireless security is strong, his efforts are much better spent doing what I have done by going to the website linked below, copying the "64 random hexadecimal characters (0-9 and A-F)", while using either WPA, or WPA2. The kind of authentication I think he is getting at, is something a radius server would be better at providing, provided your computers were part of a domain.

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

In Windows 7, I know it is possible to have it not remember your passkey provided that you do not check the checkbox during the connection setup. My memory is a little off with XP. Does it provide something similar?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-please-help-on-wrh54g-router-client-configuration-587792.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have been trying to achieve a Remote Desktop Connection with my office PC (Host -- Win XP Pro service pack 3) with my wireless laptop (Client -- Win XP Home) at my house.

The RDC works at my office in the LAN, when I have my laptop connected in the office network. However, from my home's LAN, I cannot access the Host over the Internet (WAN).

I have tried to open port 3389 for the RDC in the PortForwarding section on my Office's D-Link DIR-615 router setup and did the same for my home's belkin 54G router at home, under Virtual Server, in that setup.

Has anyone had this type of problem with Microsoft Remote Desktop?

Relevancy 59.34%

I had a couple of guests over and they were having problems getting online (actually they were on for a day but one laptop dropped) the problem was with the guest laptop itself. While troubleshooting we opened the router as an access point. It gave us a new address for configuration but did not get it all down. It is a Belkin Wireless G router and the previous config address was 192.168.2.1 the new one was 192.168. then 2 0r 1 follwoed by three number sequence I believe starting with 2 (I tried 245 and 254). When I right click on my wireless connection icon and go to properties none of the address work some now start with 70. Is the a way to find the address and if not how do I reset my router?

Relevancy 58.05%

Components involved in network
Dell Dimension 3000 Tower OS Win XP SP 2
Dynex Wireless G Router
HP Laserjet 4050 TN
What I'm trying to do.

Get the wireless router to recognize the Laserjet and assign it an IP address though DCHP.
The laser jet was originally configured on a physical Net Gear Route, thus it has RJ45 ehternet connection. When I connect the laser jet, Dell PC and the Dynex Wireless Router. The wireless network works fine as far as a laptop accessing the network, BUT the router does not recognize the laserjet and does not assign it an ip address. The laser jet had an static address with its old configuration. How do I get the router's DHCP to recognize the laserjet and assigne it an IP address? Any ideas or ways to configure the Laserjet to accept an IP assignment or lease?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have my main computer with the following setup

Windows Vista connected to the router then to the modem in Bridge Mode (so that I can use NAT1 with my PS3), thus internet works fine for both, my Main Comp (Desktop) using PPPoe and PS3 using a wireless connection between my router but also through PPPoe.

However, in terms of my secondary computer (Desktop), I have a USB Wireless Adapter, but I do not seem to be able to find the configuration for going on to the internet through the router but to use PPPoe.

The following are my products

Router - D-Link DIR-625
Adapter - D-Link USB Wireless Adapter DWL-G122
Modem - SpeedStream 5200

Thanks

A:Solved: Modem Bridge Mode + Router + USB Wireless Adapter Configuration

I'm a bit confused. If you're connecting PPPoE with two devices, that indicates you have two modems, which sure doesn't sound right. What are you really doing here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-modem-bridge-mode-router-usb-wireless-adapter-configuration.727359/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a HP w Home page trouble Solved: and I did a destructive recovery as my hard drive was full of junk from the last few years and everything seems to be fine except that I can t set my homepage in Internet Explorer It keeps going back to Solved: Home page trouble a HP AOL homepage no matter what I do I down loaded Firefox as that is my primary browser but I want to clear this other up if I can I am posting a Hijack This file to see if someone can tell me anything I believe some of the entries about hpwis com is the culprit but I don t have enough experience to be sure Any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files hp center Shadow ShadowBar exe C Program Files Solved: Home page trouble hp center Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D Solved: Home page trouble -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Freedom BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom FreeBHOR dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Zero-Knowledge Freedom - FA B -F - - C - E ED - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom BandObjs dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run DDCM quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe quot -Background O - HKLM Run DDCActiveMenu quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC ActiveMenu DDCActiveMenu exe quot -boot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run Zero Knowledge Freedom C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom AutoStarterR exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jus... Read more

A:Solved: Home page trouble

Rescan with HijackThis, close all browser windows except HijackThis, put a check mark beside these entries and click fix checked.
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us4.hpwis.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us4.hpwis.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us4.hpwis.com/
Reboot and reset your home page.
Also, please read this on MarketBrowser and then decide if you want to keep it:

http://www.castlecops.com/o9list-62.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-page-trouble.522701/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Everyone I just wanna ask for some help regarding configuration of a vpn firewall router that is connected to a g modem router combo I am new in setting up a vpn and not so much familiar with others things or what setup is necessary kindly help the poor guy please This is what I need - I need to connect the VPN FIREWALL router and use its features at the same time connected to the internet the VPN FIREWALL will act as the security for the whole network and the G modem router will be the one supplying the internet - Need to establish a VPN connection later after the configuration - The server and other lan pc s must be accessible outside the local network when connected to VPN web server local pc s shared folder and files etc Here s some details that i hope might help - I am using a Quanta K G LTE modem router combo - modem/router to combo firewall vpn HELP! router configuration 4g I am using a Dynamic public IP address but this is HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration not a problem because i am using s DDNS HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration - My VPN FIREWALL brand model is Micronet SP B VPN FIREWALL router - Right now i am already connected to the internet using the vpn firewall physical connection is G modem router-- gt hub-- gt VPN firewall router-- gt PC my connection is G LAN -- gt VPN WAN set the connection type to Dynamic IP -The remote connection and remote access web HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration server ftp RDP is working fine on the G modem router alone I attached some screenshots of the VPN firewall router Looking forward to hear from you guys Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

i was given a linksys WRT54G router and i wanted to set it up so i could go online on my wii. now i set it up just like the instructions said and i try going online on my pc but i can't connect to any websites, my router blinks like it's working but im getting nothing also i get this little bubble telling me i have little or no connection but everything seems set up correct. i would really appreciate if someone could help me fix this problem.

im running windows xp sp2 and i have DSL

Relevancy 54.61%

I can't control my home page. Before you give me the easy solutions, let me tell you what I have already done: I've used the "Tools" menu on the IE toolbar to set the home page to the "current" page (once I'm viewing it), I've edited the registry by changing the ......Internet Explorer/Main/Start Page to the URL I want, and, I've re-installed IE6.

None of the above works. The start page for IE6 continues to be the Microsoft Windows Update Page. It could be worse I guess, but that's not the page I want.

Is there some registry entry I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. When the re-install didn't work, I gave up.

A:Solved: IE6 Home page trouble....re-visited

OK, no suggestions. I ran HJT and the log is shown below. Does it show anything wrong? I don't see anything that should cause the problem noted.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 5:27:13 PM, on 8/27/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mgabg.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2C1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PDesk\PDesk.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Calendarscope\cs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Professional\PopUpStopperProfessional.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\AboutTime\AboutTime.exe
C:\Program Files\FreeNote\FreeNote.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~2\bin\ImApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Iconoid\iconoid.exe
C:\Program Files\PictureShare\PSClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\My Downloads\hijackthis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn&q=
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IBBHO - {12BA043E-293E-4CE4-A8C7-8460934FE801} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\windows\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: IncrediBar - {D8073790-84C7-4602-BF77-C6ACBF1612E4} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBToolBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\windows\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BC... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ie6-home-page-trouble-re-visited.265412/
Relevancy 54.61%

so i decided i'd try out the whole moving my page file to a different drive thing. i've done the necessary steps, but it won't move. i do get the message that i'll need to restart for changes to take effect, but it still remains on C: after i do. just for now i'm trying to put the pf on an external usb hd -- is that the problem?
my real plan is to use my 2nd IDE hard drive, which i haven't tried yet -- still need to format/partition it first. but i'm curious about the external drive aspect of this scenario. any suggestions?
(xp pro sp2)

A:Solved: trouble moving PAGE FILE

The drive that you want it to be on has to be mounted in the computer and external drive just won't make it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-moving-page-file.594563/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am new to wireless and I am having problems getting my wireless devices to see my wireless router. I have 2 desktop units that are wired and they see the router and network fine, but my laptop and wireless printer do not. Everything was working perfectly until I pulled a real bone head feat and accidently unplugged the surge protector that both the printer and router were on. Since that time, I have had problems. Can someone give me suggestions on how to get this back up and running?

Thanks in advance,
Coachdan32

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up a Belkin N1 Wireless Router Modem. I am currently subscribe to Be broadband and have been using the generic wireless router they supply. When plugging in the Belkin router it will do everything apart from connect to the internet. The orange internet symbol flashes on the right side. I have opened up the router setting via my browser but I wouldn't even know where to begin. I understand that switching to a new router from the generic router broadband companies supply can be a pain. Any help about how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I ve used Trouble Router Linksys Solved: this website once before with great success I m hoping this will be a similar experience I have a Linksys Router WRT Gv that is - years old is that old for a router that is supposed to transmit wireless internet for my laptop an desktop Both are running on Windows XP sp My issue is this I can quot connect quot to the wireless connection through my router which has full bars and says it s connected but there is no internet access Other things that make it difficult to diagnose what to do I can connect directly through the modem to the internet as I am now The ethernet ports on the back of the router through will also not allow access to the internet although I am directly plugged in to the router If I do a hard Solved: Linksys Router Trouble reset of the router hold down Solved: Linksys Router Trouble reset button on back for seconds then when the router comes back on the wireless internet WORKS for about a minute Enough time to open a webpage and refresh a few times but then goes back to it s previous quot connected but no internet access quot issue Linksys tech support said that it was quot configuration problem quot which they could help me quot fix quot for quot quot since my warranty on this router has run That is in quotes because I m sure not paying for something they might not be able to fix no refunds and when I can get a new one for about - more than that I don t know if he actually knew what was wrong or was just trying to get me to extend the warranty Here s what I have tried ISP is not the issue Resetting repairing Router wireless connection Logging into the router http and changing the RTS Threshold Beacon Interval and Fragmentation Threshold as advised by Linksys here http www linksys com support troubleshoot wireless wireless router config advanced settings html Upgrading firmware when I did this the router page said quot Update Successful quot but when I hit quot continue quot I got a quot the connection has timed out quot error So any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated I d also like to know if this router is a lost cause and I should just buy a new one Votes either way or advice would be wonderful Thank you in advance D nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

There s nothing I hate more than re-posting questions that have been asked before but I m so frustrated right now I m surprised I can still see straight The only answers I could find when searching were for Wireless connections anyway There are computers in my home my mom s and my own We ve always connected through a linksys non-wireless router and we ve never had any trouble until now My old computer crapped out so for a while my mom s computer was connected directly to the internet through our modem About through connecting Trouble Solved: router a week ago I finally bought a new computer and tried to connect them Solved: Trouble connecting through router both to the router and it isn Solved: Trouble connecting through router t working When connected to the router my mom s computer says that the connection is enabled but you can t get on to the internet When I click quot repair quot it says that the IP address cannot be renewed On my computer it says that I have quot limited or no connectivity quot and when I click repair it also tells me Solved: Trouble connecting through router that it cannot renew the IP address I ve googled my poor little heart out and have yet to find a straight answer about what I should do Hopefully someone here can help Cookies for whoever fixes my problem Kathryn nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

hi just set up my wireless router (Belkin g router) and installed the adaptor on my computer up starts at first there was no porblems then after a restarted my computer it could then no longer see my router just the other 6-10 in the street has anyone any ideas as to why this could be happening

cheers in advance

A:Solved: Having trouble with my wireless router

do you have any other PCs on the wireless - can they see the wireless at all
whats the model of the belkin router
Is there a wireless lght and is that ON....

i would download this program
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
see if that can view the network
also look at the channels being used in the area on the other 6-10
change you router to a channel that is not used or used the least / weak signal
try 1 or 6 or 11 if possible

can you post back a screen shot of the wireless tool with all the wireless signals displayed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-trouble-with-my-wireless-router.894465/
Relevancy 54.18%

hello ppl. i have a netgear WGR614v4 wireless router, when i go to 192.168.0.1 i just get a blank white screen where before i used to get settings and all other options and stuff. wats wrong?

A:Solved: Router page not working!

Post the output of ipconfig /all in the command prompt.

Start -> Run -> "cmd" then Enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-page-not-working.731242/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone I have Windows installed on my system and am using wifi to access internet Recently when i try to access my access point or my dsl router from my laptop after giving the authentication info it just displays quot quot thats it When i try to access the same page using my PC or my iPhone it shows me the whole page I tried accessing the page using Opera Firefox and IE all gives me same quot quot And here is a pic of that Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility FireGL V Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO M Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi i have a Belkin wireless g plus router and I can't get into my router settings to edit my wirless settings. When I type the defaulted router address it use to work but recently it not loading it up. I am still able to get internet direct from my modem.
i am typing in my gateway in the adress bar and still getting nothing can anyone please help?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello today I bought a simple linksys router for my home with Trouble connecting Solved: linksys router use so I can Solved: Trouble connecting with linksys router hook up my xbox and still have my PC online Well I m having some trouble with it When I am hooked up to the router neither my PC or xbox can connect online All the lights are green and it shows I m connected on my PC but when I try to Solved: Trouble connecting with linksys router open a web page or connect using an application I get nothing My xbox also will not connect to xbox live After I try getting my router to work and Solved: Trouble connecting with linksys router it doesn t I switched back from a direct connection from my modem to my PC and my DHCP was assigning me a private address I believe it was So I have to restart my modem and repair the connection for it to work I ve tried different ports on the router and different cables and I just can t seem to have any luck I m starting to wonder if it is just something wrong with the router I m completely stumped Any ideas to what may be wrong would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance and happy holidays nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I have been trying to connect to my Wire Uverse wireless router and it not going well I had it connected and for other reasons I went into the router setup and disabled wireless did nothing else When I enabled wireless again and did nothing else I could not connect my Win computer Everything else connects just fine so I know it s not the router but this Win computer When I click on the connections icon it shows me all the available wireless networks and the Uverse Trouble to router reconnecting my Solved: Uverse show but has a red X on it and the popup says something to the effect it s trying to connect but the connections Solved: Trouble reconnecting to my Uverse router are not the same as are in the profile or the info has changed I can t find where to change what needs to be changed and I don t know what needs to be changed The network key is correct the ssid is correct it show up so it s being received OK Any direction on what to look for Again the router and wireless connection are just fine I have several other devices that are connecting just fine Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

So my new PC has a TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Adapter and my routers is a Motorola SURFboard - SBG6580 (a home network) I occasionally get disconnects while doing anything i.e. playing games or whatever. Using Wireshark I noticed False FCS's occuring intermittently so my question is, in your expert opinion would this be caused from my router, ISP or simply my home network setup(such as wireless signal must be getting interrupted)? I am on the first floor and my wireless router is in the basement. If you need more information or Wireshark logs just me know . Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-trouble-consistently-hitting-pc.1095690/
Relevancy 53.75%

So i bought a router for the st timeand I tried to make it work and it worked yesterday for awhile but my connection was so slow like it loaded one page for or minutes while when I disconnected my router I got connecting router..please help new Solved: ASAP! trouble normal access again with normal speed as I had before However Solved: trouble connecting new router..please help ASAP! I tried to fix this and now my router in networks center windows says no internet access unindentified network and even if I run diagnostics Solved: trouble connecting new router..please help ASAP! it says it can t find any problems please someone help what to do do I have to install some driver for my router or what also why can t I access router s settings now whenever I type in my default router s ip I dont get a popup asking me for username and password anymore but instead firefox just shows me a page that connection was refused please help me as I don t wanna call my isp just yet because I wanna learn how to make this work since if I unninstalol windows I ll have to know how to get my router to work again so I cant call them over and over again nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I m having trouble connecting one of the computers to a Zyxel router it started off as constant disconnections that over a couple of weeks just totally disconnected and wouldn t connect again at all My other computer runs well and hasn t had any troubles I the connecting comp a to router Solved: Trouble tried replacing the network card and the Solved: Trouble connecting a comp to the router cable but to no avail it just won t connect I have deleted and uninstalled all previous cards but nothing helps I also tried the netsh reset commands but that doesn t fix it either This is the ipconfig info Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright Solved: Trouble connecting a comp to the router - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator CHANG-CD gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name chang-cd Primary Dns Solved: Trouble connecting a comp to the router Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Ovislink Evo Ge Gigabit Ethernet Card Physical Address - D- A- - F- E Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Here page Solved: Can't router access setting's is the Solved: Can't access router setting's page router I have linksys wrtu g tm http homesupport cisco com en-us wireless lbc WRTU G-TM referrer www linksysbycisco com I am having a problem accessing my router settings page everything was working fine and then all of a sudden my desktop couldn t get internet but all the laptops could so I tried everything power cycling the everything changing the Ethernet cable and I got nothing So then I hard reset my router and erased all the settings and now it works so I have internet just fine and right away after I hard reset I could access my router settings page and input all of my settings like DNS servers and port forwarding and changing my SSID etc but now every time I try and go to it it Solved: Can't access router setting's page just won t I don t even get the login prompt nothing So I have no idea what s going on or why I can t access this page Here is a copy of my ipconfig all Also when I ping I have no packet loss So I really have no idea at this time as to what happened Edit I have gotten it to work in IE I have to go to HTTPS and then click go to site anyways after it gives me a warning about the certificate being invalid and I have to allow it or whatever otherwise it won t bring up the login prompt Also the same thing is happening for FF so I need to go to https and click I understand the risks and add exception for it to work Also Chrome is the same way so I guess this is Kind of resolved but just kind of wonky or funky in accessing it as I never ad this problem before and really am just wondering why it is doing this Windows IP Configuration Host Name Andrew-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - -AA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a a d e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Sunday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AA- F-F - - - - -AA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F C AE - - C - F C- DE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c e bdd ebc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c e bdd ebc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Also if need be if the router is just crap or going bad maybe someone can recommend a really nice G or N router that s cheap like - bucks at most and preferably Linksys unless there is another brand that you really think is better Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Can't access router setting's page

bbgarnett said:

Edit:I have gotten it to work in IE I have to go to HTTPS://192.168.0.1 and then click go to site anyways after it gives me a warning about the certificate being invalid and I have to allow it or whatever otherwise it won't bring up the login prompt. Also the same thing is happening for FF so I need to go to https://192.168.0.1 and click I understand the risks and add exception for it to work. Also Chrome is the same way so I guess this is Kind of resolved but just kind of wonky or funky in accessing it as I never ad this problem before and really am just wondering why it is doing this.

Try http://192.168.0.1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-router-settings-page.1053114/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, New here, I purchased an Ativa router to go with my new cable connection. Immediately began to notice that some websites weren't acting normally. For instance, can't use my gmail im but the email works, or my favorite game site won't work exactly correctly (can play the game for a while then doesn't work), or the tax site I work from doesn't operate in an efficient way. Removing the router solves all the problems. I have the same problems whether hardwired or wireless, and the same problems happen on my second computer so I seem to have ruled out everything but the router. Their tech support said it was probably the router but getting through to their tier 2 techs is like asking to speak to god. I took the thing back to the store and got a new one. Same problems. Any suggestions? Too much trouble for a $35 piece of equipment. Thanks!

A:Solved: router hindering web page features

See if ICMP is being dropped. If it is, make sure ICMP is allowed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-hindering-web-page-features.547985/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

n00b here..
My gateway address 192.168.2.1 used to direct to my router (SMCBR1) login page but after resetting the router, it now goes to the modem page as shown. I want to be able to loginto the router page to set up new ports. Can anyone please help me out with this?
thx

A:Solved: Router IP redirects to modem page

Perhaps the exact make and model of the modem and the router would be a good first step here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-ip-redirects-to-modem-page.828656/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello!

I recently bought a Tenda W311R Wireless-N Broadband Router so I could set up a Wireless Internet connection for my PS3, while still being able to go online with the computer. I have followed the wizard, but I have yet to connect to the internet using 3 different browsers: IE, Firefox, and the AOL browser. My network connections say I am connected but when I go on with the browser it says that I am unable to connect.

I am using a DSL modem to connect to the internet, a Siemen SpeedStream 4100.
Can someone help this novice out of this jam?

-Thank you!

A:Solved: Having trouble connecting to the internet with new Wireless Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-with-new-wireless-router.894772/
Relevancy 53.32%

I've been trying to connect this laptop to my girlfriend's wifi for days on end now, and it continues to connect to the router, but not the internet.
When connected it says "No internet Access", but other computers on this network connect to the internet fine.
when trying to connect to the internet, it says "cant communicate with the device or resource" and also "security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

Things i've tried so far:
entering DNS manually, and then again, but changing DNS to Google's servers
I've reset the TCP/IP protocal

I've got no more ideas. Anyone else have any?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have been reciving a blue screen message due to some problem with my router i will post the message in my next post I have installed comcast and hooked up the cable modem but i have a cisco linksys router WRT N that is not working at all My ethernet cord from the cable modem into the pc and into the router do not work I only have internet access with the modem using a usb and when i attach the ethernet cord i have no connection The router is configured and installed but does not Blue Modem screen trouble / [SOLVED] router appear in the device manager and i am not able [SOLVED] Modem Blue screen / router trouble to use the router Recently i had to format my pc due to spyware infections and i had to find all the drivers over again My mouse usb port was not working and my keyboard usb port was not working either until i unistalled a usb human [SOLVED] Modem Blue screen / router trouble interface device I will also post my pc specs in my next post Any ideas on how [SOLVED] Modem Blue screen / router trouble to fix my router modem problem would be welcomed Thank you in advance

A:[SOLVED] Modem Blue screen / router trouble

What is the message you receive on the blue screen?

Your router will not show up in Device Manager.

If you run an ethernet cord from your modem directory to your PC - are you able to access the internet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-modem-blue-screen-router-trouble-414972.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I need help with my Dlink router I upgraded the lights cant wifi lan access router's no and Page, Solved: firmware a few weeks ago because I was having a problem on my wireless signal wireless was intermittent but no problem to when hardwired Since then wireless light on my router keeps turning off so I tried to reset it still no wireless light tried to do reset Solved: cant access router's Page, no lan and wifi lights and then upgrade unfortunately my computer froze for a long time while upgrading the firmware so I tried to reset again for mins then power cycle now only the power light is lit up I cant get into the router s page tried to connect cable from router s wan to its lan ports still no light is up except for the power light when I directly connect the cable from my computer to wan another light came up but still cant connect to the router tried to change pc s IP to static ping but no reply Is there a way that i can still access on my router s UI can this router be fixed please help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

For about a month or two now I ve not been able to connect to my router s admin page I am using a D-Link DSL- router Whenever I go to connect to in my Web Browser it just sits there trying connect to (timeout) page admin Can't Solved: router's to connect and does nothing But eventually after some minutes I get the error This web page is not available The web page at http might be temporarily down or Solved: Can't connect to router's admin page (timeout) it may have Solved: Can't connect to router's admin page (timeout) moved permanently to a new web address Error net ERR CONNECTION RESET Unknown error Here is a screenshot I tried pressing the reset button on the back of my router but it would just sit there with the green power LED and another green LED just flashing constantly I assume this is the ethernet cable LED and this happens for more than minutes All I want to do is just port forward my game servers again without the use of Hamachi or other programs L Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to router's admin page (timeout)

What browser, and have you tried another one?

Are you trying to do a simple reset (restart) or a reset to factory default settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-routers-admin-page-timeout.983374/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have a BT Broadband Homehub modem/router/residential gateway (192.168.1.254) – yesterday I configured an unused Belkin N150 wireless router as an additional switch (disabled DHCP and assigned ip within primary router’s subnet but not in DHCP range). All works fine, other than I can no longer hit the Belkin's admin page (192.168.1.253), browser just times out.

I am, however, able to ping it and get a response... Equally, if I connect directly to the Belkin and do an ipconfig I can see the default gateway as 192.168.1.253 but I still cannot hit the admin page.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ross

A:Solved: Old Router as Switch - can no longer hit admin page

With the Belkin routers that I have seen you can set it to "AP Mode" and just connect it by WAN (Modem) port to the primary router and it acts as a switch.

... assigned ip within primary router’s subnet but not in DHCP range ...Click to expand...

That's the Belkin's LAN IP right? And you connected the primary router to a Belkin LAN port, right?

if I connect directly to the Belkin and do an ipconfig I can see the default gateway as 192.168.1.253Click to expand...

Default Gateway with Dhcp server disabled?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-router-as-switch-can-no-longer-hit-admin-page.1051383/
Relevancy 52.46%

These seem like they may be related, but when i go to "Run" and type in "ipconfig" it closes instantly. Also, when I type in my IP in my browser to go to the router config it loads fine, but clicking anything results in a 404 error, could anyone tell me what's going on?

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention, I'm using Windows XP. If any other info would be useful let me know.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have Excel 2000. When I try to print a spreadsheet with four columns, the preview shows the first two columns on page one the next two columns on page two, the first two on page three, the next two on page four, etc. It alternates printing only two columns on each page. I tried both portrait & landscape. The same thing happens. I changed page order from "down then over" to "over then down". It didn't help. How do I get all 4 columns to print on each page? Thanks.

A:Trouble Printing From Excel--Prints 2 Columns On First Page, Others On Next Page

Without seeing the spreadsheet, I can only offer a few suggestions.

Check print set up and check to see if it is set to print 2 pages wide. Change that to 1 page wide, however many "tall".

How wide are your columns? In print preview, turn on the margins view and resize the columns there.

Change your paper size to legal and print in landscape format if the columns need to be very wide.

Of course, then again, I could be completely off the mark here...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-printing-from-excel-prints-2-columns-on-first-page-others-on-next-page.687989/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am unable to access my router's web based setup page because of the following error message: Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection). Do I have an internet setting that is preventing me from using a secure connection?

Relevancy 52.46%

I am not sure if this is specific to router or can be done in general, and unfortunately I do not know what it is called, so a "name" could help me search for it.

If you have gone to a free wifi spot (like hopsital), you might have come across where you get redirected instantly to a webpage, where you normally have to read and accept a ToS of some sort. I would like more information on how to do this, thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Techguy Out of the blue the other day I certain Trouble accessing websites started having trouble accessing certain websites that I use everyday like yahoo com and facebook com My roommate is having the same Trouble accessing certain websites problem with some other sites we share a wireless network connection as well Everytime I try to access these sites I get the error message quot Cannot find server quot I have also tried this with Mozilla and I got the same result I didn t know if some malware was preventing me from accessing these sites so I ran Adaware but that did nothing I have all the latest updates from Microsoft I ve disconnect and reconnected my internet and rebooted my computer but I still can t access yahoo facebook I can live without facebook but I need to be able to read my email I am including my HJT log incase it might help solve this problem Thanks for your time and any help is much appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files uTorrent utorrent exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C DOCUME JEREMY LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home microsoft com search lobby search asp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home microsoft com access allinone asp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar msnhome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p ER amp ar home R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p s O - BHO no name - CC -CDC - e-AAFC- D EC EB - C WINDOWS system tmp tmp dll O - BHO Need Find Bar BHO - D C E -A A- b-BCDB- B EF D - C Program Files Need Find bar bin ND FNBAR DLL O - Toolbar Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SemanticInsight C Program Files RXToolBar Semantic Insight SemanticInsight exe O - HKLM Run Computer Alarm Clock C Program Files Computer Alarm Clock cac exe O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http kl bar need find com KL menusearch html p KL O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF E A BF-FD - A- C- EB E AE Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http housecall trendmicro com housecal ivex hcImpl cab O - DPF C F - FD- B -B CC- A F C HpodPCFileCtrl Class - file D MEMDISC ALBUM A VIEW PLUGIN HPODPCFC CAB O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA ... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

I am having issues conecting to certain websites. Mainly sites like Microsoft or security (MacAfee). I can hit google, yahoo, etc so I have a connection that works. Any help would be appreciated.

Running Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP.

A:Trouble accessing websites

Please do this.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

TRACERT mcafee.com

Wait for the trace to complete, then right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accessing-websites.868060/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have purchased an trouble an accessing e-book e-book that I could study Originally I could access the book but now I can no longer access it I get an error message indicating no internet connectivity I have CA security Suite installed on this trouble accessing an e-book computer and I suspect that is the problem but have been unable to resolve the issue The e-bbok is not stored on the computer but rather is accessed through the internet and displayed on the computer I have tried uninstalling the book and redownloading with no luck Advice received from book publisher Of course CA is no help as well Under the firewall settings I have given access to the program that access the ebook on the internet the file name is the name of the book with a file extension indicationg it is an exe file When you look at the ebook file it list the name of the book as an exe file and includes a description of ebook proviewer I have searched for a seperate file with the name of quot ebook proviewer quot but have been unable to find it Any suggestions would be appreciated Alan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accessing-an-e-book.780952/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone,
I'm a new member... and I reeeaalllyyy need your help. My parents just got me a new laptop and it has Windows 7 on it. I'm entirely at a loss when it comes to this system... so I figured this forum looked promising. I'm having trouble accessing just this ONE website. Everytime I type in the address or even when I access it through google search, I always get a message concerning the connectivity or "broken link". I had a few friends trying going on it and they don't have this problem.

If I can get any suggestions at all that can help me out, I'll thank you all very much!

A:Trouble accessing a website

Welcome!

What site are you trying to access? Could it be blocked by your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/60957-trouble-accessing-website.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have win2000 and IE 6 and when I type in a link(copy and paste) such as:
http://forums.techguy.org/t207062/s.html

it gives me the invalid syntax page and tells me to open the home page. This has got to be a settings problem, but I can't find where to change it. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 51.6%

Since last night, I've been having trouble accessing Google and Gmail. At times it will load and then it will display an error message saying the connection was reset. This happens in both Firefox and IE8 and also on my Mac. This also only happens at night (both Google and Gmail work fine during the day). All other websites work fine.

I've restarted my computer, cleared my cache, and reset the modem but nothing seems to be working. I use Windows 7 and my internet provider is HughesNet.

Relevancy 51.6%

This is kind of an odd problem and I've tried looking for a solution online but I'm not quite sure how to search.

Basically my computers a couple of years old and I've never had any problems like this with it before, I run XP home with SP 1.

I have a cd writer, and a dvd drive, and I just noticed today that I cannot access either of them. When I went into my hardware profile/device manager
not only are the specific drives not listed I have no general entrie for CD/DVD drives, so I can't even try to reinstall them.

Anyone ever had a similar problem or know where I can look for a solution?

Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys am new to this site, i have a laptop using windows vista, my server is mozilla firefox, just today i cannot access donedeal, i have been on this site a lot of times before with no problems, it keeps coming up 'timed out' and suggests that there is a problem with site but friends of mine are having no trouble, i am able to access everything else, why is it this particular site that wont work? any help appreciated

A:having trouble accessing certain sites

It could be some sort of malware.
First thing to try is accessing the site in Internet Explorer. Then you need to make sure your computer is free of viruses!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/having-trouble-accessing-certain-sites-502790.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I haven't been able to access the following sites on my laptop websites. Trouble accessing Descriptions of the problems is included -Tumblr Since October of Cant access the site on my laptop I can on my desktop though -Myspace Since June of I cant access the Trouble accessing websites. site With Trouble accessing websites. a proxy yes I crashed my desktop Trouble accessing websites. previously by use of a proxy so I really would like to not use one again -Facebook Since Mid-January of My inability to access face book has been a reoccurring cyclical problem for me and it tends to dissapear for three weeks then reappear for one This problem was present on my desktop before I got my laptop ----- My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv with Windows Vista Home Premium bit My desktop is Windows XP crashed twice I am not an obsessive user of the sites listed above I use them to keep in contact with family and old friends I am the administrator on my laptop and the only one who uses it My virus protection software is the newest version of Norton YES I have tried deleting the cache and cookies in my browsers turning off the firewall and tried command prompt and received no error messages There are no blocked sites on my laptop I have tried Google Chrome Safari IE amp and Firefox NOTHING WORKS The error message that I receive is either unknown error or quot insert browser cannot access this webpage quot Maybe someone can finally help me I have read and tried all of the advice given for similar topics and since it hasn't worked I thought it would be best to post my own thread and see if someone can unravel the mystery ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

A:Trouble accessing websites.

Originally Posted by Anniemonster

I haven't been able to access the following sites on my laptop. Descriptions of the problems is included.

-Tumblr (Since October of 2009)

Cant access the site on my laptop. I can on my desktop though.

-Myspace (Since June of 2009)

I cant access the site. With a proxy yes. I crashed my desktop previously by use of a proxy so I really would like to not use one again.

-Facebook (Since Mid-January of 2009)

My inability to access face book has been a reoccurring cyclical problem for me, and it tends to dissapear for three weeks, then reappear for one. This problem was present on my desktop before I got my laptop.

-----

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6 with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
My desktop is Windows XP (crashed twice)

I am not an obsessive user of the sites listed above. I use them to keep in contact with family and old friends.

I am the administrator on my laptop, and the only one who uses it.

My virus protection software is the newest version of Norton.

YES I have tried deleting the cache and cookies in my browsers, turning off the firewall, and tried command prompt and received no error messages. There are no blocked sites on my laptop.
I have tried Google Chrome, Safari, IE 7&8, and Firefox. NOTHING WORKS.

The error message that I receive is either unknown error, or "[insert browser] cannot access this webpage]".

Maybe someone can finally help me, I have read, and tried all of the advice given for similar topics, and since it hasn't worked, I thought it would be best to post my own thread and see if someone can unravel the mystery.
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Hi and welcome

If you try to access those sites, what error message do you get, or does the page just not load?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/268412-trouble-accessing-websites.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

Whenever i try to access certain websites (eg Ticketek) i get the message that cookies need to be enabled. But they are. I've even gone into macafee and put these sites as allowed ones but no luck. It happens mostly with login sites.

I'd be grateful for any help. Thankyou!

A:Having Trouble Accessing Certain Websites

try turning on "always allow session cookies" in the advanced section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-accessing-certain-websites.564816/
Relevancy 51.6%

My server (an older desktop) was running Win 7 Pro. However, a couple of media players I own would only access shares in Win XP. So, I decided to install XP on the server. However, I can't access the old shared folders (even though it's a local hard drive) from XP. Very confusing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accessing-folders.1021157/
Relevancy 51.6%

I tried accessing my HD [with xp on it] from my dead desktop through a usb interface to my laptop. got access, then tried to start xp through usb but it failed. tried to get into win 7 boot menu to change to dual boot, had to change permissions but it still failed. tried to reverse permissions but got many error messages, canceled and then restarted computer, would not start. used a win 7 disc to get into restore and restored to this morning before O did anything to computer. Now I cannot access device manager and many other programs get error message "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
tried to install speedy but got error message "shellexecuteex failed; code 5.
access is denied"
any help would be appreciated.

A:trouble accessing services

I would recommend you download D7 (download link near bottom of page), and once open navigate to "Maintenance" and find "Repair Permissions" (Edit: they keep updating this program and mine is out of date, "repair permissions" might be under another section by now, just look around). That takes a long time to run but should be successful in resetting all your permissions the way they should be.

Also note: You cannot boot Windows using a different computer than it was installed on. Whenever you change the motherboard or the CPU it is necessary to re-install Windows. You should still be able to retrieve all your files as necessary, however. Also note that in the future attempting to boot to a USB device should probably be done by using the BIOS's Boot Menu rather than configuring Windows Boot Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-accessing-services-692103.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell desktop with wifi. It can see the AP (very strong signal), but it cannot access the internet ("limited conductivity"). I tried cycling power on the modem and AP which helped temporarily. Reboot does nothing. There are 3 other notebooks that have full access to the internet thru wifi to the same AP and cable modem.

The Dell has Vista op sys, and I've run thru all the diagnostics with no real solution. This pc normally uses a wired connection with no problem.

What should I look at to get this going?

Thx

A:Trouble accessing Internet

So you must be using a USB Wireless adapter? Have you installed the software for it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-accessing-internet.167583/
Relevancy 51.6%

So I have been having a bit a problem gaining access to my internet on my pc(xp) since August 15. The pc is connected to the modem and router, my couzins laptop does have internet which im using to write this and so does my gameing system but not my pc. Everytime i open up internet explorer it will work for the home page but later stop and wont be able to display the web page this even happens on the homepage. I also think that maybe something may be blocking my internet.

I also get this window everytime I turn on my computor and its done loading.

A:Having trouble accessing my pc's internet?

I am going to assume you are infected. Our trained experts can help you further. If they say your PC is clean, then please post back and we can help you further.

We recommend that you read this article?
"NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-trouble-accessing-my-pcs-internet-405583.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I friend of mine recently removed some maleware from my computer (he is much more computer savy that I). However, after removing the maleware I am having problems with loging into sites where I have a password using both IE or Firefox. For intance, I can pull up the webpage for my bank, but I get an IE error message "page cannot be displayed" when I try to click through to my account (this is the same for my airline and school web accounts) or a Firefox error message "The connection was refused when trying to access...". I also have trouble with accessing pages where I need to download - such as Microsoft.com and downloading service pack SP2 - express install - it gives me [Error number: 0x8024502D].

Please help.

Kurt

A:Trouble with accessing web pages

See if this helps:0x8024502d Windows Update Error

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16827/trouble-with-accessing-web-pages/
Relevancy 51.6%

i cant seem to access any of the microsoft sites from my computer (hotmail, microsoft.com, msn, etc) nor anything off of yahoo. i can go to yahoo.com but none of the links work, i click them and i get a blank page. this is also true for several other sites. i have reinstalled my computer already and called microsoft tech support. they claim it to be a spyware issue, but im pretty sure my computer is clean. i dont have any firewalls or blockers of that sort. my dad's laptop though, can access those sites from our connection, but my mom's laptop seems to suffer from the same problem. could someone attempt to troubleshoot this?

A:trouble accessing certain sites.

You are probably Hijacked.

Go Here: , read the stickies. Download Hijack this and follow the forum directions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-accessing-certain-sites-39580.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi My computer seems to have a problem finding most of my programs I am running Vista -bit and I can get things started up to opening the desktop some of the programs have lost their particular icons but the programs are still listed When I go to start the programs the system flashes a error message that it couldn t find the file or path and that I might not have permission to access the program which isn t possible because I am logged in as administrator I can access some things on my start menu Control Panel My Computer I can get into my Accessory file and do some system programs like disk cleanup defrag the windows games solitaire minesweaper I can even get online with internet explorer but not mozila I have tried different restore points with no luck I have also tried downloading programs to help solve the problems but while it lets me download off the internet it won t run the programs saying it can t find parts or the whole program I hope you can help me I can try to give you more information but I an not sure how much depending on what programs I can access on the system nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Having a sporadic problem accessing Ebay I can sometimes get to the Ebay homepage but no further I eitehr get HTTP bad accessing in Ebay Trouble request or if I turn off friendly notifier it says HTTP I have a Dell desktop windows XP SP IE had remote assistance a few days ago they took me back to IE and disabled some addons and I could access Ebay again then all of a sudden I start getting the errors again tried disabling addons and went back to IE still Trouble in accessing Ebay no change I have AVG and it has its own firewall so it disables Windows firewall scans show no viruses or mal ware waht am I missing I did a Hijackscan and here are the resultsLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system Trouble in accessing Ebay lsass exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Trouble in accessing Ebay Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system taskswitch exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC DOCUME Debbie LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeX download Spybot Search amp destroy Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exeC Documents and Settings Debbie Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgam exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Fast exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Com... Read more

A:Trouble in accessing Ebay

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.First LocationSecond LocationThird LocationOpen on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290014/trouble-in-accessing-ebay/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can access all websites but disneyshopping.com. Everytime I click on something on the website I just keep going back to the home page. I have tried other sites with no problems. I Have deleted all my cookies and temp internet folders like they suggested. I am still not able to shop on that site. Can someone please help?

A:Trouble accessing website

Well maybe try this. Tools>options>trusted sites>sites and add it. Or

Tools>options>security >local intranet and set to medium.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/trouble-accessing-website-109123.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all I am having some trouble with a web site and was hoping someone could help me out I am using a Toshiba laptop with bit Windows I have a news web site Drudge Report that has been saved to my favorites for years I access it almost everyday Two days ago I started having problems with it I can open the site but when I click on any of the news stories nothing happens The articles will not open Things I tried I Goggled the site and when it came up I could not open the articles I deleted Drudge from my favorites and then saved it again with no luck I ran a full scan with Microsoft Security and Malwarebytes They came up clean I opened and tried every other site about that I have saved to favorites and they all work fine I have another laptop with the site saved and Site Accessing Having Web Trouble it works fine I have not downloaded anything new Having Trouble Accessing Web Site in a month other than security bulletins from Microsoft Do I have this site blocked somehow Thanks for any help you can give me Dennis Ps Why are my letters slanted I must have hit the wrong button I meant WEB site I don't know how to correct that Sorry

A:Having Trouble Accessing Web Site

The site is now working correctly. I have no idea why as I did nothing to fix the problem. Very odd.

Thanks,

Dennis

EDIT: Spoke too soon.

Still having trouble.

The site  will open. I hover the cursor arrow over an article it changes to the hand. When I click nothing happens.

Help,ideas still needed.

Thank You,

Dennis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567785/having-trouble-accessing-web-site/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have machines on a network One machine has trouble connecting to the internet It takes several attempts to load most web pages and to bring in email via outlook It doesn t matter whether it is IE or FF It also made no difference when I turned my AV and FW off Here is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at the Accessing Trouble Internet AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c drivers audio r stacsv exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trouble Accessing the Internet Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager SMManager exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Trouble Accessing the Internet WINDOWS system AESTFltr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Dell ControlPoint exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager Dell UCM exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C Program Files Google Google Calendar Sync GoogleCalendarSync exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint DCPButtonSvc exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Synergy synergys exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C WINDOWS system HPZinw exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Softw... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accessing-the-internet.838475/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm trying to go on to http://www.guitarshredshow.com, but when I try, I receive the typical "operation timed out" error, BUT the site background, title, and little URL-window-icon show up. this is probably because the site's an Angelfire domain and i can never get on those, i think because i live in China and either China has banned, or has been banned by Angelfire. so anyway, is there any way i can access this site? i've tried using proxify but that didn't work. any help will be much appreciated, thanks!

A:Having trouble accessing a site..

sorry, would have edited but i took too long - i've confirmed that angelfire is indeed banned by china's great firewall, so now my question is if there's any way to access the site through the national firewall? OR if some kind, knowledgeable soul would mind saving the flash app on the website and mailing it to me at superdigg-at-gmail.com?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/having-trouble-accessing-a-site-65238.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having trouble accessing the internet due to some malware spyware that i picked internet!!!! the trouble HELP accessing up some days ago trouble accessing the internet!!!! HELP I have run ad-aware which removed infections including webhancer and tango dialer etc I have already deleted this entry on hijack this---- Broken internet access because of LSP provider C Windows system vetredir dll missing But that didnt seem to fix the problem It seems that the malware is entering a generic ip address and not letting me connect the internet when i check ipconfig as well I deleted winsock amp winsock and re-installed the windows communications components but for whatever reason the problem keeps coming back PLEASE HELP gt gt Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HIDSERV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM trouble accessing the internet!!!! HELP SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES WEBROOT SPY SWEEPER SPYSWEEPER EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe trouble accessing the internet!!!! HELP C PROGRAM FILES SPYWAREGUARD SGMAIN EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYWAREGUARD SGBHP EXE C PROGRAM FILES WEBROOT SPY SWEEPER WRSSSDK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search p s O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C PROGRAM FILES SPYWAREGUARD DLPROTECT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SPRINTDSLSETUP D INSTALLS BRDJMP SPRIN EXE O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C PROGRAM FILES WEBROOT SPY SWEEPER SPYSWEEPER EXE quot startintray O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run MRUList ab O - HKLM Run IgfxTray c windows SYSTEM igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds c windows SYSTEM hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CriticalUpdate c windows SYSTEM wucrtupd exe -startup O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices Hidserv Hidserv exe run O - HKLM RunServices KB c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKLM RunServices CAISafe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRY O - HKCU RunServices Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU RunServices Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRY O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Plugin for mpga C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mp C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mid C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mpg C PROGRA INT... Read more

A:trouble accessing the internet!!!! HELP

can anyone please help? i dont know at all what else to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trouble-accessing-the-internet-help-62657.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i originally had a 80 gig hd installed but something happen to it that it wouldnt boot up. so I just bought another 80 gig because i didnt want to re-format the original 80 gig, so i just installed another one and made the original the slave.

my problem is that in the original hd which now is the slave has files in my documents that i cant access it says "Access Denied". I think it does that because i choosed my files to remain private. How can i access this folder and retrieve my files? tx any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 51.17%

I was told it might be because of spyware etc I m only having problems getting on this web page survey I ve done it before on this computer but it won t go thu now Error says I need cookies enabled I ve enabled cookies tried lowering my securty settings and disabling my spybot It still won t go thu I also tried the advice to do the IE fixer w o luck I can get as far as click here for survey than a new screen is suppose to appear but accessing Help web included page~log I get this Help accessing web page~log included message about cookies I m not having issues getting on any otehr web page I also put it in my trusted zone Not sure what else to do Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Help accessing web page~log included Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System LVComsX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Help accessing web page~log included C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe angxlxj exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run LXCICATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCItime dll email protected O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User Default user O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Search - p ZJ O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htm O - Extra button Run IMVU - d - baa- bc - cf -a d db - C Documents and Settings Hello Start Menu Programs IMVU Run IMVU lnk file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF D F A - E- B B-B -B E CBA E Imikimi activex plugin Control - http imikimi com download imikimi plugin cab O - AppInit DLLs interceptor dll O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISO... Read more

A:Help accessing web page~log included

Howdy pepsi07,

Welcome to TSG. the log shows some unknown items that are very likely infection, so let's act on that.
Make sure to temporarily disable your protective software when completing any steps we do here.

Download a new copy from here to your desktop, and click the downloaded file to run the repair.

When the command window opens, select 1 (and Enter). Allow the scan to run. When completed a text window will appear - please copy/paste the contents back here. This log can also be found at C:\ComboFix.txt.

A caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.
And Go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here, along with a new HijackThis log and the combofix.txt log please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-accessing-web-page-log-included.642052/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a DSL modem (Actiontek M1000 with WiFi adapter) and was having trouble with the WiFi and connection issues with the DSL modem. Decided to buy a router (ASUS AC66R) and disabled the DCHP Server in the Actiontek Modem and remove the WiFi adapter. System is up and working great and seems like the modem doesn't disconnect periodically like it use to. I use to administer the Actiontek modem and router through its web page - 192.168.0.1. I now administer the ASUS router through 192.168.1.1. I tried accessing the Actiontek modem web page to check modem status and error rates but can not connect to it. Any suggestions?
Gary

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi can someone advise, have windows 7 pro, when on internet viewing for example a website for a restaurant, web page ok, but when click on menu on a pdf file, page does not display, but windows media player opens, but no path or prompts what to do to view, any suggestions ?

A:accessing pdf file on a web page

Hello Barry and welcome to Seven Forums.

You probably need to install a separate PDF reader. Two free readers that are recommended are Foxit and Nitro. (They are both much smaller and faster than Adobe Reader which for years was the standard.)

Best PDF Reader

Nitro PDF Reader

Caution: suggest using the custom install feature and not the default standard or express. The default installs will usually add unwanted tool bars and miscellaneous "stuff" you really don't need. The custom install allows you to UNselect those unwanted additions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/254597-accessing-pdf-file-web-page.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys! When I double click on a song I wish to download, this message appears in red ;

error>(3)"c:\Documents

It occurs with every song I try to download and this problem just started occuring. I hope you can help. I have enjoyed WinMx and have recommended it to so many people to date. I seem to be the only one who is experiencing technical difficulties. Have a good one and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

MRenee

A:having trouble accessing downloading sites

Originally posted by MRenee:
Hi Guys! When I double click on a song I wish to download, this message appears in red ;

error>(3)"c:\Documents

It occurs with every song I try to download and this problem just started occuring. I hope you can help. I have enjoyed WinMx and have recommended it to so many people to date. I seem to be the only one who is experiencing technical difficulties. Have a good one and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

MRenee Click to expand...

Uninstall it and reinstall it again. You might not have it set up right as in where it's being ask to download to/folder.

If you still have this problem try other Program like Bearshare

And see if you still have this problem, then you will know it's just may be winMx it's self. Also with Hostile host/clients they may block your Ip if your trying to click on 100 hosts for files at once.

J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-accessing-downloading-sites.112774/
Relevancy 51.17%

This is what happens: (password= ten )

Im trying to access this listing: "http://www.merchantcircle.com/flynn-gary-g1-woodbridge-nj"

But it just redirects me here: "http://www.merchantcircle.com/nj-woodbridge" which is basically a general section with over 4,000 listings.

Can be seen in the video (url switches).

Is their a simple reason that im not seeing?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/65388-trouble-accessing-weblink-merchantcircle.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Win XP Home I tried to add a new toolbar with MS Office so I copied the folder containing the accessing Trouble programs toolbar application shortcuts from the start menu the files open from the start menu and selected it with the quot new toolbar quot menu This has worked on five or six other computers that I use running various versions of Windows but when I try to access the elements of the folder on the new toolbar on the Toshiba I get the following message Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I get the same message if I copy just an application shortcut to the desktop Never had that problem before My user profile indicates that I m an administrator and all permissions viewed security and permissions in Safe Trouble accessing toolbar programs Mode are supposedly granted Anybody know what this is all about and what to do about it nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I with Trouble Vista accessing internet have a really weird problem and I m hoping you can help me figure out what the problem is I have locations in my house that have internet access via a Trouble accessing internet with Vista LAN we ll call them A B and C All three of them have working Internet signals sent to them by a router and all computers at those locations have XP I recently bought a new computer which has Vista on it I took it to location C and plugged it in Everything worked fine and it immediately detected the internet I decided to move it and took it to location B and plugged it in Everything worked fine and it immediately detected the internet I decided to move it again and took it to position A and plugged it in The system came up but it could not detect the internet I didn t understand this so I moved the Vista computer back to location B and moved the computer at B to A to see if I could replicate the lost internet problem The vista computer at location B detected the internet The old computer at position A detected the internet Which is where the vista computer could not detect the internet I then moved the Vista computer back to position A and it still could not detect the internet Do you have any idea why Vista could not detect the internet at position A while other XP computers could I understand this is kind of strange and I apologize in advance if I didn t word it very well Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble accessing internet with Vista

What is the brand and model of the router? Do you have any other equipment on the network (such as a switch or hub)?

Please show for the working PC and the problem PC connected at position A ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accessing-internet-with-vista.748751/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I seem to be unable to access my York U email account.

The internet has been working perfectly for me, except for this one site/account. The site is operational, because I can access it on my desktop, but not on my laptop. I get an error, saying it is likey that I either typed the wrong address, am not connected to the internet, or the site is temporarily unavailable...all of which are not possible.
and ideas?

A:Trouble Accessing E-mail Account

Has this just started happening or have you never been able to access York U Web mail on your laptop?

Is the error generated by your ISP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103758/trouble-accessing-e-mail-account/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I m going to be extremly honest here b c I want my pages, searched etc Trouble accessing cp fixed My son visited a few X-Rated sites and now I m paying for it At first I thought it was mtsha exe I think thats the name so I was able to delete that from my C drive however if I google something and try to click on it I get advertisement pages instead There are times that I can t even page back to google I have to close it It s pretty hit or miss what pages I can go to even if I type them in I tried to d l the pages that were recommended on this forum and can t It says the address in the toolbar however it just never displays it I did run Hijack and this is the report Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity Trouble accessing searched pages, etc WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Trouble accessing searched pages, etc svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Kim Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www my msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page file c windows system blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page file c windows system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe iettwcn exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO no name - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar no name - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - no file O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - HKLM Run IntelMeM quot C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe quot O - HKLM Run dla quot C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run dnhen C WINDOWS system hyvlmw exe reg run User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - Run zwkq C PROGRA COMMON zwkq zwkqm exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce MIDI Sound Handler User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run dnhen C WINDOWS system hyvlmw exe reg run User Default user O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accessing-searched-pages-etc.987269/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been having trouble accessing the internet. When I click on internet to run, nothing happens. I can click on it several times and nothing happens. I have to restart my computer and then if I am lucky it will start, but not always. I have ran avast, Malware bytes, Superspyware,and Eusing Registry cleaner, smart PC Care and Adv. System Optimizer and they have found nothing. I am running Windows XP -Media Center Edition/svc pack 3. I am also using Foxfire as the browser, and when I do seem to get on, the tool bar does not allow me much access, I can not access anything up at the top of the tool bar once internet is open. Please help, I believe I have something on here that I can not find.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312442/trouble-accessing-programs-especially-internet/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm running windows xp professional, and I've been having trouble accessing web-based email services (hotmail, yahoomail, and also a private microsoft exchange server web interface) from my computer. I've tried using both firefox and internet explorer. When attempting to load my hotmail or yahoo inbox in ie, the page simply never loads. When I try in Firefox, I get an error message that reads "the document contains no data." I am able to access my inbox at the exchange server, but am unable to send emails.

I also can't access my online banking (fleet.com), and have had trouble posting to some tech support forums. I thought it was a problem with secure sites, but I am able to access some secure sites.

All of these services are fully available from a friend's computer running on the same internet connection, through the same router, so it's a problem specific to my machine. Any help?

A:trouble accessing some internet sites

Any chance you have a Linksys BEFSX41 (Or whatever with the firewall), and just updated the Firmware? The Linksys 1.51 firmware WON'T WORK with DSL. You need to go back to 1.45 - OR disable the firewall in 1.51's firmware (that sure is stupid!!!).

This is a known Linksys issue. If you are not using a Linksys - I have no clue...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/trouble-accessing-some-internet-sites-10902.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey I m having trouble accessing the internet with browsers and some programs Internet Explorer works fine Internet Explorer Does not work similar to FireFox Opera and Safari When I tried to download Google Chrome The installer needed to access the internet and that could not connect either Im running Windows XP SP I m directly connected to Help ONLY The IE Please Works Trouble Accessing Internet a Modem via NIC though the same time my browsers stopped working so did my wireless connection it Trouble Accessing The Internet ONLY IE Works Please Help sais I m connected but I cannot get online wirelessly another post perhaps I ve tried everything I can think of Updated Java Reset Winsock Catalog System Restore did not work Windows Firewall is disabled and so are all of my AVS I went ahead and got a HJT log for anyone Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Trouble Accessing The Internet ONLY IE Works Please Help at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Trouble Accessing The Internet ONLY IE Works Please Help services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www imdb com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC HSPrint html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Preview - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Preview html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Print html O - Extra button Skype - BF - - EC - -D B E B - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E Microsoft Data Collection Control - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLL O - SSODL O - SSODL O - Service COM Host comHost - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accessing-the-internet-only-ie-works-please-help.843497/