Windows Support Forum

Cannot connect Internet through Wifi but can connect via Cable

Q: Cannot connect Internet through Wifi but can connect via Cable

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot connect Internet through Wifi but can connect via Cable

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 103.63%

I can't connect wirelessly only with cable. I had no problems connecting via WiFi until recently. In "Manage Wireless Networks" it says "Wireless is not currently enabled"
Help please!

A:Can't Connect To The Internet Via WiFi, But Can With Cable

Please post some relevant specs on your computer.
Retail? Homebuild? Desktop? Laptop? Age of computer?
What have you already done to try to fix the problem? That way we don't waste time explaining how to do things you have tried already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/
Relevancy 102.77%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 102.77%

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64056-my-computers-cannot-connect-internet-via-cable-only-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 99.33%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 97.18%

My comp was infected with a virus until I finally got MBAM to work and delete all my viruses and rootkits. My Internet was working fine both ways before I installed it. But now i can connect to it, but when I access the Internet in any of my browsers (firefox, ie8, opera, or safari) I get a blank screen in firefox after going to any site, and the rest just say that it's not connected to the Internet. Even tried going into Safe Mode with Networking, no luck. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I am using windows xp sp3 with firewall off and system restore disabled by group policy and using the admin account does not help solve the problem either.

A:Wifi or Internet cable won't connect me to Internet

Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...." ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.EDIT I moved this to Am I Infected also

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344877/wifi-or-internet-cable-wont-connect-me-to-internet/
Relevancy 93.74%

Last week i decided to move my computers (2). Internet was working fine before i did this. After I moved them I havent been able to connect except for a usb cable. Both computers are using the Windows Vista home premium 32 bit. Before all of this happened I had 2 computers and an Xbox 360 all connected. I have tried everything I can think of and none of it worked. I have charter cable internet and they were able to get on the internet fine using the ethernet cable. when i go to ipconfig/all it gives me a 169.254.216.245 IP address. I have read several places where people have been having problems with this but all the suggestions for them nothing worked for me! Please help

A:Cannot connect to internet using Ethernet Cable but can connect with USB cable

Do you connect via a modem or a router. Did you try the release/renew options when you were in ipconfig ?
If you use a router check it to see if it's still giving out IP's automatically.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239670-cannot-connect-internet-using-ethernet-cable-but-can-connect-usb-cable.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 89.01%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 88.15%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 85.14%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 83.85%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 81.7%

I just reinstall my laptop today. Now i am not able to connect to the internet with the cable, but my wireless is still working fine ... Help me pls !

A:Can't connect to internet with cable

go into network and sharing center, over on top left, change adapter settings, right clik Local Area Network and choose enable...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183888-cant-connect-internet-cable.html
Relevancy 81.7%

hello
I'm desperate because since yesterday I suddenly cannot connect my laptop to the internet via cable - have no idea what might cause the problem! I have not installed any new programs, etc; just get the message "limited or no connectivity" even though I connect with the same cable to the other computer no problem. renewing my IP by clicking "repair" does not work either, it just says "windows could not renew your IP address" what can I do???

PLEASE HELP!!!

A:I can't connect to the internet via cable

Double post removed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-cable.138568/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello guys, i can't connect to the internet via cable! there's no lan cable icon even, i downloaded all the hardwares that are for this cause! from the hp website and installed them, but still nothing have been changed. i even re-installed it from the recovery manager and restared, but still no icon and when i plug in the cable nothing happens. i realy need ur help guys i dono whats the problem. i was using the cable before i restared and it was working good!

A:Can not connect to the internet via cable..

Click start
Click Control Panel
Click Network and Internet
Click Network and Sharing Centre
Click Manage Network Connections
You should see something like this:~

Above you see Local Area Connections
Right click on it and click on enable...
If that don't help let us know...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246474-can-not-connect-internet-via-cable.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I recently started adding many upgrades to my computer. One of the things i decided to do was connect it directly to the internet through a LAN cable rather than using wireless internet. I bought a network cable and connected it from my computer to my modem, which already has another computer connected to it through a LAN cable. Unfortuanately, my computer cannot connect to the internet using the LAN cable though. I hooked it up, the router recognizes my computer as well as the other one connected to it, my computer says its connected at a speed of 100mbps but it still won't get on the internet. Please help.

Thanks,
Steven

Relevancy 81.27%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 80.84%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have tried and tried to get on the browser with my computer but it keeps telling me the proxy server isn't responding. I have an AT&T modem. I can still connect to spotify and little things but it won't connect to the browser. Please help.

Relevancy 80.84%

I have a room (no wifi) and the room only have an Ethernet Cable that supply the internet to my PC.

Q1 How can I split the internet to another PC?

Q2 Is it possible have wifi? If yes how to setup?

Thanks

A:How to connect to internet for more than one PC with one ethernet cable

Hello skytech,

You can "split the Internet" using a wireless router (which will also give you Wifi -- see below), or you can use a switch to allow more physical connections.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible to setup Wifi with a wireless router.

You connect [what I assume you have] your modem to the wireless router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-to-internet-for-more-than-one-pc-with-one-ethernet-cable.1132171/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an old Iwill motherboard (BD100Plus). There is no ethernet input on the back of the cpu. There is only phone inputs. Is there a way that I can plug in the internet ethernet cable to this old system? Do I need some type of Adapter? Thank you

A:how do I connect the internet cable on a Iwil

CPU = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...CPU does not have any ports attached......Youwill need to buy either a PCI NIC Card or an 'USB to Ethernet' Adaptor

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/how-do-i-connect-the-internet-cable-on-a-iwil/66016.html
Relevancy 80.84%

ok this might be the worng place for this thread

but i want to connect to my friends internet connection

say he has comcast cable

how do i set up my computer to connect to his computer

i want to share his internet connection

and i was wondering how to use it

he lives about 1 mile from me, and i have a Linsys cable modem, if you could please help

A:Connect to friends Cable internet???

You can get a 1 mile long cable and a lot of repeaters.
How exactly did you think you were going to share his connection? Do you have internet access at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-to-friends-cable-internet.44662/
Relevancy 80.84%

This pc has window XP profesional and does not work with cable but normal wireless, where can be the error to fix it. Rgds mloo55

A:unable to connect to internet by cable

Did you turn off your ethernet adapter? Go to control panel -> Network Connections -> you will see an icon labeled Local Area Connection that must be enabled. If it is disabled, right-click it and select enable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565751/unable-to-connect-to-internet-by-cable/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have windows 7... I am connected to a network. However it say no internet access. I am in a dorm room with 2 others why can i not connect to the internet through my ethernet cable?

A:Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Need ALOT more information, without more info in my professional opinion the magic unicorn is the cause for ethernet cable troubles.

What are you attempting to connect to (Modem, Router, direct to the wall, another computer)
Did you make the cable your self or did you purchase?
Were you told you have to set a static IP, or it uses a DHCP, or you don't know?
Do the 2 other people have internet access?
Have you tried to kick it yet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-cable-472833.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I know this is a recurring problem and I ve scoured the forums for a solution but everything I ve tried so far hasn t worked Just got a new modem and it works fine while connected through an ethernet cord but I can t connect wirelessly My network doesn t even show up in the list of available networks I m using Vista by the way I ve downloaded all drivers that seemed to have something to do with my problem I ve done ipconfig all Can't cable to connect without ethernet internet and these are Can't connect to internet without ethernet cable the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gabrielle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gabrielle-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I m at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Can't connect to internet without ethernet cable

You have a public IP address there, implying that your modem is just that, or if it is a modem/wireless router combo it is bridged (to act as modem only).

What is the brand and model of your modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-without-ethernet-cable.1060716/
Relevancy 80.84%

For some reason, i cannot connect to the internet using my current ethernet cable. I am 100% positive that adapter is working fine, as i had maintenance come into my room and check it out, but my computer won't connect to their internet through my cable

Attached is a picture of my device manager, but even through that, it appears that nothing is wrong.

My specs are:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6055 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1260 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 262143 MB, Free - 199514 MB; D: Total - 322732 MB, Free - 322631 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K53SV
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 80.84%

I know the Ethernet cable does have a valid internet connection because i get it on my lap top. When I go under internet connections I can see that I am connected to it but it doesn't do anything. I also have a wireless internet that i can connect to but it is not that good. Anyone know how i can make it so my Ethernet cable will actually work?

A:Can not connect to internet Via ethernet cable

start > run > type in cmd and hit enter

enter the command

Code:
ipconfig/all
post the results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-407761.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I cant connect to internet with ethernet cable it doesnt even show my cable is plugged in. The cable is okey i tried other computer and i got in internet with it.

if i restart my computer it comes back for like 5 -10 mins then it disappears again shows that the cable isnt plugged in and if i disable and enable the adapter it comes back again for 5 min. please help

A:Cant connect to internet with ethernet cable.

Hey hawkin,

Try to update the drivers for your LAN card. Or, if possible get an external card and plug the cable in that and check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315345-cant-connect-internet-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 80.84%

Please i need help on how to restore my internet connecton with cable for my toshiba e205 computer running win 7

A:I cant connect to internet suddenly through cable

Not much to go on, but try resetting:

1. power down your system, modem and any routers and switches
2. plug the modem in, wait until the 'Online' light is on (1-2 mins)
3. plug any router, switches in one at a time, waiting 30 seconds between devices
5. Finally, power your system back on, log in, check your connection.

If you still aren't connecting, call your cable company for tech support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173896-i-cant-connect-internet-suddenly-through-cable.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey everyone, got an issue that's stumping me.

I bought a new computer here at work, and am having issues getting the ethernet port to work. I know the port itself works because it worked on Windows 7 when I first got the computer, but when I got it, I immediately did a clean install of Windows 8.1(media that came with the computer so I know it's compatible). Since I've installed Windows 8.1, it hasn't worked.

Things I've tried:
-Disabling the ethernet adapter and re-enabling it.
-Uninstalling the ethernet driver and restarting the computer to have it installed again.
-Unplugging and re-plugging in the switch, router, and modem.
-Tried cable on a different computer to make sure it wasn't my cable or port.
-Tried a different cable with my current computer.

I don't know what else to do.

I get this error:

I've tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, and it doesn't change a thing.

A:Internet won't connect with ethernet cable.

In elevated command:

Code:
ipconfig/all
Post output

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362457-internet-wont-connect-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My aunt called me about her laptop not being able to connect to her wireless anymore. It was working fine until last week and since then, she can't get on. She has a netbook that can connect to the wireless and a desktop that's plugged in from the wireless router. When she tries to connect to the wireless, it says it's connected but shows no internet access in the Network Sharing Center.

I tried plugging it in directly from the router and I get the same message. I've made sure to enable the wireless and have even uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver for the card. It's an Acer laptop with the network adapters Atheros AR5B95 Wireless adapter and Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller.

I have even brought her laptop to my house and tried to connect via wireless and a direct cable, but I get the same issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Relevancy 80.84%

I have an Acer desktop with Windows 7, and a couple of days ago I stopped being able to connect to the internet through the ethernet port. I am certain that the problem is not with the modem or the ISP, because I can plug in my laptop with an ethernet cable and it connects normally, plus I am able to connect any number of devices (including my desktop!) through wifi on the same modem. What can I do to fix this?

Relevancy 80.41%

I have a large screen TV that I need to run PowerPoint presentations on, and maybe video. The IT department set up Cat5 from the PC to the TV, but I cannot get anything from the PC to display.

I am trying this on two different computers. One is XP Pro, and the other is Win7 Pro. I would prefer the XP machine, but will sacrifice the Win7 machine to this if I have to.

Both the PC and the TV show connectivity at the ports, but there is no display on the TV. Multiple Monitors do NOT show in either machine.

Is this possible without additional hardware?

A:Connect TV to PC with a direct connect Cat5 Cable

Quote: Originally Posted by mac173

I have a large screen TV that I need to run PowerPoint presentations on, and maybe video. The IT department set up Cat5 from the PC to the TV, but I cannot get anything from the PC to display.

I am trying this on two different computers. One is XP Pro, and the other is Win7 Pro. I would prefer the XP machine, but will sacrifice the Win7 machine to this if I have to.

Both the PC and the TV show connectivity at the ports, but there is no display on the TV. Multiple Monitors do NOT show in either machine.

Is this possible without additional hardware?

Win key + P enables projection mode and displays it.

You sure it is Cat5, and not hdmi?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/209155-connect-tv-pc-direct-connect-cat5-cable.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 79.98%

I cannot connect to the internet with my ethernet cable. The signal is broadcasting fine from my router, so I can connect with my wireless card, but I would rather do it directly with the ethernet. My computer fails to recognize any cable I put in and it says it's missing the driver. Windows can't seem to find my ethernet controller driver either. Thoughts?

A:Can't connect to the internet through ethernet cable. No driver?

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Please fill in your System Specs ..

The Link below will help you achieve this ..
System Info - See Your System Specs
Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345371-cant-connect-internet-through-ethernet-cable-no-driver.html
Relevancy 79.98%

my year old Dell Studio laptop connects fine via wireless to home router and internet but I cannot connect through the ethernet cable I've done the troubleshooting disabled enabled the network adapter updated the drivers I'm using an ethernet cable which normally connects an XP so I know the cable's fine Device Manager says the Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller is working properly I found the Receive Side Scaling value Enabled so I Disabled that Shut off radio for wireless to I ethernet laptop through internet cable? connect How the do Centrino adapter Disabled wireless adapter too Restarted not only the laptop but also did a shutdown How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? then restart of the entire FIOS with Asus Access Point home network with all devices shut How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? down Checked BIOS setting didn't see any setting Disabled that appeared like the ethernet controller Can't do system restore I did a Repair installation of windows Home Premium last week but even before then the System Restore failed every time I've never been successful at getting a system restore to work on any XP or pc I've tried it on even though it's enabled and purports to work The laptop had been connected primarily maybe even exclusively via the wireless for years so I quot m not even sure the ethernet has ever been connected before I'd hate to buy a new ethernet controller card if i don't have to only to have the problem be software Any ideas thanks

A:How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable?

I'd say, inspect the ethernet port on the laptop for bent contact pins. Just for grins and giggles, try another cable. Try attaching the laptop to ANY other network via ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305552-how-do-i-connect-laptop-internet-through-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, I recently got Fios installed in my home. I believe there is a box the size of a power box in the back room for the Internet.All my other devices (MAC, iPod, Blueray Player) are able to recieve instant and unbelieveable internet connection except for my Dell. I have a Studio XPS Dell computer with windows 7. I plugged in the ethernet cable in the back of my computer and into the "Fios Box" but i didn't recieve any internet. Then i bought a wireless adapter and I do get internet but it disconnects me like every 5 minutes.

A:Unable to connect to Internet via Ethernet Cable

Hello, and welcome to TSG forums.
You might try to update the driver for your network card.
When you go into device manager, are there any yellow (?) or(!) there?
VicksX

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.1023547/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I m trying to set up the new lads computer in our office and I m having a problem with the LAN Im connecting with an ethernet cable and keep getting connect Ethernet using to cable Unable internet to the Unable to connect to internet using Ethernet cable Limited or no connectivity message whilst i m not a computer genius I ve followed a few steps on here so far but got no joy What I ve tried rebooting machine and router with all cables in swapping testing cable using both LAN ports on PC used alternative port on router Ran winsockxpfix flushed dns release dns checked that the relevant services are started in control panel gt services this is what i get when i type ipconfig all which means not much to me Microsoft Windows XP Version copy Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Chris Harrison gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Harry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO GT Desktop Adapter Physical Address - E- C-C - E- F Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg DM Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - C- D- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Thats about the limit of what I can find to try so any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Unable to connect to internet using Ethernet cable

<<Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.223.161>>

Have a look at the following, please: http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-DHCP-Network-Settings-on-Windows-XP .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478179/unable-to-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 79.98%

So I have been unable to use the internet on my labtop for months I have another labtop that works fine and a ipod touch that connects through wireless that works fine I replaced the wireless card itself so I was able to rule that out Please help me getting it working again This is what i get when i run ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chad-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- - B-A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad df Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - - -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D -D D- - C - D C D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - connect ethernet or wireless cable. to Cant through internet - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C C - BA- CE- B- BFA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D E- F C- D -A EC- A A C br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B FB C- B - A -A F -EBC br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE-A C- CC -AED -C D F br E D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DFEB -A - A -A C- br CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Cant connect to internet through wireless or ethernet cable. No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF D - E - E - - br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Last year this acer laptop was being used to at my mums with no problems with wireless internet I then borrowed it from my mum for about a through can only ethernet to to cable internet superhub connect year it was set up in my flat with no issues my mum wanted the laptop back so i took it down to my mums but can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub it wouldnt work unless ethernet cable was attached to superhub even though it states that we have a strong internet connection It doesnt let me browse basically i then phoned virgin and they werent able to resolve problem they said that its not a problem at can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub there end it is a problem with wireless adapter and would have to contact manufacturer iam really not convinced by this and and would appreciate any help that can be offered i am not the most computer literate person and dont have a clue where to begin with this after reading different forums i tried typing cmd into run and from results from this ive copied and pasted these results dont know if this helps Error unrecognized or incomplete command line USAGE ipconfig allcompartments all renew adapter release adapter renew adapter release adapter flushdns displaydns registerdns showclassid adapter setclassid adapter classid where adapter Connection name wildcard characters and allowed see examples Options Display this help message all Display full configuration information allcompartments Display information for all compartments release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter flushdns Purges the DNS Resolver cache registerdns Refreshes all DHCP leases and re-registers DNS names displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache showclassid Displays all the dhcp class IDs allowed for adapter setclassid Modifies the dhcp class id The default is to display only the IP address subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP IP For Release and Renew if no adapter name is specified then the IP address leases for all adapters bound to TCP IP will be released or renewed For Setclassid if no ClassId is specified then the ClassId is removed Examples gt ipconfig Show information gt ipconfig all Show detailed information gt ipconfig renew renew all adapters gt ipconfig renew EL renew any connection that has its name starting with EL gt ipconfig release Con release all matching connections eg quot Local Area Connection quot or quot Local Area Connection quot gt ipconfig allcompartments Show information about all compartments gt ipconfig allcompartments all Show detailed information about all compartments Can anyone help thanks

A:can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to networking for further help the info you posted is incomplete please follow the instructions here Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues
post the info here and please include a screen shot of xirrus wifi inspector this will allow the folks here more info, with which they can try to assist you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-only-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-cable-to-superhub-759473.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm working on an older Windows XP machine (but this issue is not limited to Windows XP, per #3 below). It can connect to my cable modem (gateway) via both LAN and wi-fi, but it can't "see" any further than that. Connecting to the Internet is a total no go. I can't ping anything further than the modem (gateway). I've already power cycled the modem (gateway) released and renewed IP, flushed the DNS cache, rebuilt the TCP/IP stack, and re-installed all of the drivers. No joy. I still can only get as far as the cable modem. Other information, since I was asked elsewhere: 1.) All of my other computers can connect to the Internet without issue through the same modem. 2.) I do not have MAC filtering enabled. 3.) Also, thinking it may just be Windows XP, I burned a (Puppy Slacko) Linux Live CD, but I'm having the same problem there. Help?

A:Can connect to cable modem (gateway), but not Internet. Help?

More information:

The modem has a router built-in, which I am using. I do not have another router in the loop. The make/model of the modem is: Arris Interactive, L.L.C. tg862g. I can see/access the modem UI from the problem computer.

Clarification, since the issue was raised elsewhere: I have also performed a full factory reset in addition to the power cycle.

I continue to be able to access the Internet through the modem on two other PCs (one running Windows 7, one running Linux Mint and Windows 7*), as well as through two cell phones, and an Xbox 360. None of those other devices have any issue at all accessing the Internet through the modem. 

*The latter of which I am posting this from. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501061/can-connect-to-cable-modem-gateway-but-not-internet-help/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi i have just joined so new to this. I have just joined TalkTalk and managed to get on the internet only with the Ethernet cable. I'm on windows 7 64bit system, not sure what model the router is. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting, followed instructions but nothing works, i would be sooo happy if you could help

Relevancy 79.98%

Internet on A Compaq PC through the despised Time Warner has worked marginally for years About months ago installed a Netgear WNR cable modem by wireless can't works connect to internet but cable PC which also worked fine when TW s signal worked We thought apparently incorrectly it was the cable from the cable modem About a week ago the PC internet stopped working TW s PC can't connect to internet by cable but wireless works technician came this morning and fooled around and states that the problem is in the PC As part of that process he installed a new cable modem which someone clueless like me would think was PC can't connect to internet by cable but wireless works not necessary since wireless was working but perhaps he thought the port was bad and a new cable to the PC The computer used XP Home SP ver There is no firewall Tc PIP is set to identify signals automatically Windows Firewall is off Device Manager claims that the adapters are working properly The Network adaptor incidentally is REaltek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC For quite some time the ethernet card on this PC has been nonfunctioning however USB works as verified by usb cables being plugged in and the computer trying to install new hardware and the printer working For quite some time also even when it was functioning the toolbar icon for the network has been Xd out with the message quot Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged quot It gives that reading now but again gave it before even when the internet was working I read your old post from Paranoid and tried the ping suggestions but could not get the readout of the IPCONFIG all to stay put long enough to either read or copy -Oh Wait - went to the command prompt and did it - please see below Any thoughts of why the PC is now not being seen by Time Warner according to the Time Warner tech and why it is not recognizing the internet QQQQ PING Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable PING yahoo com blank command window opens and then closes in about one second NBTSTAT -n blank command window opens and then closes in about one second IPCONFIG ALL host name your-sx x sefxo Primary Dos Suffix Mode type Hybrid IP routing Enabled NO WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local ARea Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - B- - - nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all I m at a dorm room with cable internet It usually works unplugging plugging to after can't then internet connect cable fine but now if I unplug it then plug it back the computer doesn t connect to the internet anymore Sometimes it says it s acquiring network address can't connect to internet after unplugging then plugging cable but that doesn t change The computer connects to the internet fine if I turned on the computer with the cable already plugged in Another computer doesn t have can't connect to internet after unplugging then plugging cable this problem with the same cable always able to connect after being unplugged plugged Both computers are on Win XP I suspect the Windows firewall has something to do with it if only because it is turned on the the problematic computer and not on the other one I couldn t turn it off however because it doesn t let me open up Windows Firewall Settings giving me the message that the quot associated service is not running quot and whether or not I could like to start it If I click quot Yes quot it simply says it quot cannot open Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing service quot Please let me know what the problem might be and what i can try to get it working again I hope I haven t given too much useless information haha Thanks Dave nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Firstly and foremost, I'm a new laptop owner. Don't know a thing about them. At the moment, I'm trying to use the cable internet connection we have to get it online, using the ethernet cord.

It recognizes that its there, but it won't give me any internet use. I've tried restarting the modem and everthing, but that doesn't do anything toward fixing it.

It just states that it has an invalid IP or something of that sort.

My question is if I need to enter a new network or what?
I know, I'm being a bit vague, like I said. I'm a new laptop owner. Just got it yesterday....and I'm not very computer savy to begin with.

A:My laptop won't connect to the cable internet connection...

Hi Let's start with basics.
Operating system and level ?
Make and model of modem and name of ISP(cable/dsl) ?
Then,look at network adapters in device manager:
Let&#8217;s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?
Then let's see:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

This lets us see how the laptop views it's network environment.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Then we may have some suggestions as to possible fixes.
And the laptop is hardwired to the modem/Not wireless.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-cable-internet-connection.901269/
Relevancy 79.98%

I recently bought an old compag Ipag desktop MHZ processor MB RAM GB HDD Compaq connect Ipag to cable internet won't I have not determined yet the brand of nic card from a co-worker that had gotten it from a company other than the we work for I was able to connect to the internet through a service called Clearwire wireless internet you still use a modem and it still connects through the nic card but it s wireless internet I had zero issues Compaq Ipag won't connect to cable internet getting that to connect I recently switched back to cable internet and now want to get my windows machine on the internet using my cable service I connected the cable between my cable modem and the Compaq Ipag won't connect to cable internet nic card all the lights on the modem flash as though there is activity as well as the green light on the nic card but there is a solid amber light on as well This machine Compaq Ipag won't connect to cable internet does not have a CD-ROM drive so I had to use a friends flash drive to be able to run the installation file for my cable service when I run the install file and it gets to the point of searching for the nic card and connectivity it finds the nic card but says I have no connectivity I am unable to access the BIOS settings to see if the network settings have been restricted to a certain type of network access when I try the network setup in WIN XP pro which is what is installed on the system I get nowhere is this a driver issue is it a security settings issue nbsp

A:Compaq Ipag won't connect to cable internet

I would look in 'Network Connections' to verify a NIC is enabled and status shows connected. If that is OK, right click the connection name, click Properties. Then scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties. Choose Obtain an IP address automatically.

If that looks ok and you still have trouble, open a command window and type ipconfig /all then paste the result here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-ipag-wont-connect-to-cable-internet.815673/
Relevancy 79.98%

First hello all..
I'm using Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Before vista i was using windows 7..
When using windows 7 i wasnt have any problem with connecting internet via wireless or ethernet cable..
As i said I'm using using vista service pack 2 and i cant connect internet with ethernet cable..
But with using wireless i can connect internet as well..
I tried the same ethernet cable with different computer with same modem..
And it works..
I think the problem is vista..
So anyone can help me with this problem?
I have serached about this problem before but there is wasnt any solution..
Please help me guys..
Thanks all..

Relevancy 79.98%

I have a small problem To Cable? Please To Via Internet Xp Me Tell How Windows Connect Lan/ethernet Pro with Windows XP Pro I need to know why can Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? t it detect Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? my LAN Ethernet cable anymore Would any of you please tell me how to make it instantly connect to the internet without me having to type in my IP address or static-address amp ect in the quot Network Connections quot section of my WinXP Control Panel Background story Recently I got a used-laptop Dell Inspiron which was pre-installed with Windows XP When I plugged my ethernet cord to the back of the computer Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? for the st time it would immediately detected the internet got connected to the internet right away Special Note Of course it was originally set-up to detect the ethernet LAN line cord whenever someone connected the LAN-line Ethernet cord to the back of the computer It detected all of the drivers which are installed on the computer until re-installed Windows on it Ever since I re-installed Windows XP SP on that computer it won t connect to the internet via Mozilla or whatever else I use as a browser It won t let me access the internet even with the ethernet card cable cord connected to it My internet-connection was lost as soon as I re-installed Windows XP Please tell me how to make my Laptop computer instantly detect the ethernet card or drivers like it did before I wiped it s memory amp re-installed XP on it Thanks in advance for your time amp help

A:Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable?

When you reinstalled Windows did you install all the hardware drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172323/please-tell-me-how-to-connect-to-internet-windows-xp-pro-via-lanethernet-cable/
Relevancy 79.98%

salam aleko ,

How are u evrybady

like u Know am From qatar and my english Not So well
but i try to Explane my problem ..

I have a toshiba Labtop ..
and i have internet connctions from the neper
and it's a DSL ..

When I want to hook up the internet to two does not work ..
when i give him a ride while my brother using his work note that the laptop my brother from Lenovo and I'm from Toshiba
I do not know why, but I will explain to you what I do ..

1 - I install Windows ships on the device and go to Device Manager and all definitions found
2 - used almost all the packages and upgrades for Intel and so on, but to no avail

Question says ..

What like that !?

Hope u understand me

A:A problem when you connect the cable internet not working on two ..

You can use google translate if you'd like but your english is understandable. I had DSL but I just hooked up cable internet today. So are you saying you got the modem and when you connect to your labtop the internet does not work or are you saying your DSL internet just stopped working suddenly. ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/107613-problem-when-you-connect-cable-internet-not-working-two.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hello Recently my uncle redid my other laptop to its original out-of-the-box state due to slowness Afterwards when my father plugged in the ethernet cable of Motorola s SBV SURFboard Cable Modem we use the optimum service into the computer the computer icon at the bottom right of the I internet connect ! S P E A H when work L cable even does not ethernet P E the L E screen indicated that the network was unidentified and has only local connections---therefore no internet On the laptop I m on right now the network is correctly recognized P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable and has both local AND internet connections Why is that I concluded that since the other laptop is quot redone quot then I must reinstall the installation cd of the modem and I did today All went well in the installation process until the near end where the cd automatically checked to see how the connection was btw the comp and modem It resulted with an error stating something like that invalid or something I forgot Thus my installation attempts of the modem on the other laptop failed I tried to reboot both the comp and modem but still failed I don t understand Why is there limited connectivity I don t even have perfect wireless connectivity I mean both of my laptops have the wireless capability and I can go around the house with the working one and find linkys with one bar of signal But I don t have the wireless modem or something that gives stable wireless connectivity to either of them---only the motorola modem that gives internet to only of the right now What should I do The solution shouldn t be too difficult I am quite young and did my best to solve this problem So I now await for the knowledge of you professionals to aid me thank you nbsp

A:P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable

You want to first establish a connection from the laptop to the Motorola modem, with the Linksys router out of the loop. Is the laptop running Windows Vista or XP? When you go to Network Connections or Network and Sharing Center, do you see a LAN?

If you are connecting via an ethernet cord to a cable modem, then you would not need to install any modem. The disk you have for your Motorola modem may be for installing USB drivers in case you were using a USB cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p-l-e-a-s-e-h-e-l-p-internet-does-not-work-even-when-i-connect-the-ethernet-cable.837566/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I can only get local only on my desktop at the moment I have been browsing forums trying to fix it for the last few hours and can t seem to get anywhere I am running Windows Vista Home Basic I have disabled IPv tried setting static IP etc but so far not getting any results The adapter is an abit AirPace The connection works with an ethernet cable If anyone can gie me any help please let me know The relevant results to Can't wifi internet via connect of ipconfig are here primary test with DHCP and secondary without Can't connect to internet via wifi Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS Can't connect to internet via wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

I can't connect to the Internet when I am on WiFi. What can I do?

Bill

A:Can't Connect to the Internet using WiFi

Hey, If your computer has problems connecting to a wireless network, issues with speed or dropped connections then try this simple walk through here:  Help with wireless troubleshooting. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-Connect-to-the-Internet-using-WiFi/td-p/5698130
Relevancy 79.55%

Ever since something happened I keep on getting this error and I can't log in to any online services please help me. Thanks in advance.
I'm currently using windows 8.1 and it keeps saying " Exception ESocketError in module ISHelper.exe at 000F14DB"

Relevancy 79.55%

I can connect to my home router through ethernet with my laptop, and I can connect wirelessly to it with other computers.

My laptop can also connect wirelessly to routers other than the home router. For some reason I'm having issues connecting wirelessly specifically with this laptop through this specific router. I need help troubleshooting. Diagnose and repair said there may be a problem with the DNS configuration.

I can't ping IP addresses either even the internet connection icon on the bottom right of the screen indicates that its connected to both my LAN and internet.

I can't connect to the NAS, so the LAN isn't working either.

Sorry, the title wasn't well thought out. I would have edited it if it was an option.

A:Internet won't connect to WiFi

Hello, lets do some cleaning up and see if that helps you out .
How to Flush DNS in Windows Using the Command Prompt

Step 1 ? Close all open web browsers and applications on your computer.

Step 2 ? Open the Windows command prompt by selecting the ?Start? menu and entering ?cmd? in the search text field box followed by clicking the ?enter? key.

Step 3 ? At the command prompt, enter ?ipconfig /flushdns? followed by pressing the ?enter? key. After a moment, Windows will display a message similar to: ?Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.? Once the message is displayed, the DNS will be flushed removing all incorrect entries.

Then , we want to get the IP reset, so, lets renew its settings and see if this also helps out :
you will type in the command box : ipconfig /release then enter, then next ipconfig /renew then enter, this will reset the IP , now restart and attempt to have it reconfigure its connections to your router. Post back results please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294012-internet-wont-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 79.55%

my home network is windows xp but my laptop is windows vista i use to connect to my home network using my wifi but i can't on my laptop when i use my laptop i got to connect using the ethernet cable to connect to the internet i would like to use my wifi instead of the cord can anybody help me out also when i try to connect using wifi it's says i am connected but can't connect to the internet

i have includes system specs in ipconfig /all results as attachments

A:wifi won't connect to internet

If you go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, and look at the Network connection diagram, is Internet X'ed out? If so, just click on the Internet. Does that work. (I'm sorry I can't be more specific but, for some reason, I can't get there right now to be more precise. I think I need to reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300380-wifi-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I cannot connect connect to internet using wifiAfter troubleshooting it is showing "Problem with wireless adapter or access point"I updated my wifi driver and rebooted my system and then i tried again, even then it is not connecting.In driver details it is showing that the driver is working properly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CANNOT-CONNECT-TO-INTERNET-USING-WIFI/td-p/5724247
Relevancy 79.55%

So basically my HP will connect to WiFi and I'm able to access my browser and all but when I try to use something like the app store for example it displays an error message saying something along the lines that I cannot connect. I'm afraid I'm missing out on automatic updates because of this. There's also the limited access icon near my connection.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-connect-to-WIFI-but-not-internet/td-p/5837887
Relevancy 79.55%

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

A:Cannot Connect Internet Through Wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Charlot

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

start by telling us your computer specs, and network setup
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122270-cannot-connect-internet-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Im having trouble connecting to IE via my wifi internet, Im running IE8, and win xp pro.

Sometime ago I switched over to cable wifi and really have nothing but trouble.

Funny thing is Im able to get the internet through Safe Mode, so why can't I get it normally.

thanks.

A:can't connect to internet via wifi

Would anyone like to have a go at this.I can only use internet via safe mode, IE and firefox won't connect normally.I have ran all the scans that I have such as Norman and malwarebytes and I'm all clear.My os is win xp pro s3 IE8.its getting to the stage where I'm about to chuck the puter into the sea.thankseddie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522275/cant-connect-to-internet-via-wifi/
Relevancy 79.55%

I can connect to the internet when I am using my aircard but when I connect to wifi through the VZ access I can not get on the internet. "It is saying I am connected to WiFi". a box shows up asking me about dialing 777#. It worked a couple of days ago so i am sure I did something to a setting with out knowing.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

I am having issues connecting to internet through wifi. Tried all the options that were suggested on various sites but nothing seems to work. The wifi signal is excellent, pings gateway but when I open the browser it says page cannot be found, normally it use to goto the gateway page and after giving username and pwd I could access internet.

Internet works perfectly on my other laptop with exactly similar settings.

Please help.

Thanks,
Shoab

A:Cannot connect to Internet using WIFI

Hello and welcome.

Click on Start, in the search type CMD click enter. When command prompt turns up type in Ping www.google.com click Enter, then copy and paste the results back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-wifi-477070.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey all, I am currently unable to connect to the internet via a cable. Wireless works just fine but my computer does not even recognize a ethernet cable is plugged in.
I am using Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop.

Update: I just tried repairing it via Windows Network Diagnostics and it says "Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. A cable is not plugged into the network adapter 'Local Area Connection'."
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 79.12%

How do I connect to internet using Local Area connection? I only access internet via wireless connection. With Local Area connection, IPv4 and IPv6 do not have internet access.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Description: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address: &#8206;00-25-64-6C-2F-D8
DHCP Enabled: No
IPv4 Address: 172.16.70.120
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv4 Default Gateway: 172.16.70.1
IPv4 DNS Server: 172.16.70.10
IPv4 WINS Server:
NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled: Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address: fe80::36:1641:a5c7:8968%11
IPv6 Default Gateway:
IPv6 DNS Server:

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi
My girlfriends parents have bought a new compaq laptop with windows 7. Connected up to the internet by cable & wireless no problem.
Yesterday couldn't do either and found it nearly impossible to get into the routers settings to check them. Kept saying limited access. I've tried various things to no avail.
Then I noticed that my iphone could connect to the router, so I ruled out a router problem.
I brought the laptop home and it wouldn't connect to our router, so I'm presuming it's a settings problem. But now I'm stuck!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Mark

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone out there,

I've got a strange problem connecting my HP 6663 laptop to the internet. I could make both wireless and wired connections to the internet when going through a D-Link DI-624 or Microsoft Broadband Networking router without any problem. So I know my laptop, router, and cable modem are all functioning well.

However, when I tried to make a wired connection directly from the cable modem, I got errors about not able to get IP address from DHCP server! When I tried IPCONFIG /ALL, it showed I was not getting any network data. When I checked Control Panel, Component Services, DHCP Client was up and running.

I'd appreciate any feedback from you experts out there.

Thanks...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-wont-connect-to-internet-via-a-cable-modem-187724.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Computer ASUS K F Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP bit I am weak on the technical issues for using cable Internet Let me tell you what I want to Both How Voip And Computer Phone Connect To Cable - Internet do and you Cable Internet - How To Connect Both Computer And Voip Phone tell me what equipment I should order from Cox Communications when they come to my apt for the install I will be ordering Cable Internet from Cox I will be ordering VOIP phone from Pioneer Telephone and not from Cox Pioneer supplies a device that requires an incoming Ethernet connection from the cable modem The other end of this device connects to the phone My computer also requires an Ethernet connection from the modem So what equipment do I need from Cox to accomplish this Do I need a router with multiple Ethernet connections where the router connects to the modem and the computer amp phone connect to the router Or can Cox supply a cable modem with multiple Ethernet connections for both phone and computer Or do I totally misunderstand this technology Please help - thank you nbsp

A:Cable Internet - How To Connect Both Computer And Voip Phone

Your cable internet service provider (Cox) should supply all that you need to connect with them. Whether or not they make a charge, sometimes just for sending the router, is something you should know from the package. I don't know of an ISP that provides a router with less than 4 Ethernet connection sockets. But presumably the equipment will also facilitate WiFi - all the VOIP methods I know of here in the UK are able to work on WiFi.
Pioneer should provide you with what you need for their service.
Either way read very carefully what Cox supply, either included in the rental or if you have to buy a router separately make sure you get one with the minimum system requirements they mention.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/cable-internet-how-to-connect-both-computer-and-voip-phone.301388/
Relevancy 79.12%

So saturday, my friend and i build my computer. Everything worked just fine that day. Sunday i had no problem connecting to the internet. Sunday is also the day i set up a password for my admin account.

Now when i came back from work monday, i tried to log in to my computer. As it appears, i forgot my password... (same i use on everything, so i must have messed up inputting my pass)

So i did a windows reset, since i had no CD or USB to reset my pass.

I tried installing windows, and it appears 'this copy of windows is not genuine'. I thought, okay, no prob, as long as i have all options.

Relevancy 79.12%

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks where my laptop wasn't recognizing my internet. When it stopped working I could see my connection through the network access, but it always failed to connect and the troubleshooter told me to restart my router. After trying a few times, shutting down and restarting my computer, doing a system restore, and a factory reset twice, I can connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable. However, now my laptop can't even see that any connections are available.

There are other computer in my house, all they all connect just fine. What should I do?

A:Laptop can't connect to the internet unless it's connected to an Ethernet cable

The laptops internal WIFI card has probably failed. You can get around it by using an external USB wifi adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet-unless-its-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable.210264/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

I was told that I can use a wireless router to connect 2 computers to a single printer & also connect both computers to the internet via a single cable & modem. How would I do that? I think I understand the internet part. I need a cable from the modem to the router and then two cables from the router, with one going to each computer. Is that correct? If not, please enlighten me.

Then what about the printer? How would the connections be configured so that either computer can print with the one printer?

Thanks.

A:How Do I Connect 2 Computers to 1 Printer & One Internet Cable Modem?

You can either connect the printer to one of the machines and share it, or buy a print server so that the printer is independent of either machine. The only downside of connecting it to one computer is that you'll need that machine to be on to print (obviously).

What you described with cables all around doesn't require a wireless router, though a wireless router will do the job, as they also have wired ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-2-computers-to-1-printer-one-internet-cable-modem.353048/
Relevancy 79.12%

For the past couple of years I have been fine with using my ethernet cable until now. I recently installed AVG and after I activated the AVG firewall it stopped windows firewall. I am still connected it says but I can't use any internet browser. Please help.

Relevancy 78.69%

Lately i cant connect to the wifi but is says it does connect. My desktop that is connected with a cable to the router still works fine but everytime i get on like my iphone, laptop, and xbox it cant. It dosent get any internet but it says it has wifi im really not sure what to do im not so good with all this stuff so please help my iphone connects to the wifi it has the bars but it dosent whave internet same with the laptop and the xbox it has been like this for 3-4 days now

A:cant connect to the wifi but the internet still works?

The first thing you should try is to reboot your router by powering it off, wait 20-30 seconds, then power it back up. This is especially true if those devices that don't connect now, connected fine in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293908-cant-connect-wifi-but-internet-still-works.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Laptop got a virus and I used system restore. When the computer came back up, it would not connect to the internet. It is a wireless signal and the computer recognizes the signal is there, but it won't connect. The connection box says "Connections are available". It also says "Not connected" and "Limited access". How can I get this fixed?

A:Wifi signal is there but won't connect to the internet

and welcome to the Forum

What exactly hapens when you try to connect? . .

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-signal-is-there-but-wont-connect-to-the-internet-616647.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I just installed WiFi Internet WiFi access to connect no Can but at my house I can connect on my smartphone and by ethernet cable and the Internet works great I can also connect to the WiFi on my laptop but the Internet does not work My homepage will come up but I can t go to any other sites My computer does not have this problem with any other WiFi networks I ve read a lot of old threads on this site about similar problems I can t figure out what s wrong though I m a total dummy when it comes to this stuff Can someone help Based on what I ve read here s some quick info that might be useful HP Pavilion laptop Windows I have Norton Internet Security I also did the ipconfig all command and here are the results I don t know how to interpret them C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d dc a aa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -F -C - - B-E -A - C-D DNS Servers NetBIOS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F FC AB - D - B - DA-CEBEFC FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c f e b c e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f e b c e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B -B CD- C-B E - BC BD B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C BD F- B - -BBCC- BBB B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users ... Read more

Relevancy 78.69%

My dell laptop won't connect to any site or app needing internet (internet explorer, netflix, the app store...) but I'm connected to wifi and the wifi works on all my other devices. Please help!

Relevancy 78.69%

Good afternoon Geeks.

Because Virgin are lame they are making me wait over a monthy to sort my broadband so i need a temporary solution.

I've been looking into Mifi devices as pay as you go/ rolling contracts however most of the devices lack an ethernet port.

My question is can internet me transfered from the mifi device to my pc via a usb/ micro usb cable?

If yes, can i usb-usb my pc to a second pc so they BOTH have internet access.

A quick response would be beneficial.

Kind Regards.

A:Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Do both PCs have Wi-Fi?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/need-wifi-internet-connect-wired-to-pc-2pcs.304891/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there! I'm not not really techy. I was looking for a customer support number for Tp-link but thought that this forum may be helpful since I can't find their number anywhere on the net. Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc. I just noticed that if I turn off my router, the Ethernet light on my modem turns off, but the power and dsl lights are still on. Is there a way for me to use my pc even if my router is turned off? If I remember right, i've tried it before and it worked... But now, I have to turn on my router just for me to be able to connect to the net on my pc.

A:Can't connect to the Internet when wifi router is off

Every router user manual I've ever looked at includes a customer support number for the company. Have you looked in the manual?

Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc.Click to expand...

Could you be very specific about your network, beginning with your type of ISP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-internet-when-wifi-router-is-off.1026902/
Relevancy 78.69%

I am using Windows XP Pro with a TRENDnet wireless card in my laptop. I can connect to the wireless AP but then I am unable to connect to the internet with either Netscape or Explorer. Is my wireless card suppose to have its own IP address? I can't find one for it, if so. It use to work but think that adding SP2 may have changed a setting. I've pulled out all my hair by now, so please help!!
John

Relevancy 78.69%
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello Sir,
I have Router model 3G/4G TL-MR3420,
I want to use it to share internet through WiFi, I can logon on that router to configure as Wifi name, Password and after that, i restart that Router and i tried to access internet through wifi, after that it's said no internet connection even it's know wifi name available.
Can you share me step by step please to configure it to get internet working through wifi?
I will give you more informations if you need.
Regards,

A:No internet connection when connect through wifi

VeasnaYim,
Welcome to Seven Forums!

First off, check to see if your internet indicator light on your router is on. If it is not, then it is the router that needs to be reconfigured. Otherwise, disconnect and reconnect to the router and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321557-no-internet-connection-when-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Downloaded windows 10 about 7 weeks ago. Had no problems what so ever. Everything went smoothly. Then I was online when windows defender popped up about finding malware. When trying to fix this problem.. screen went blue and updates started. From that point on computer says I am connect to internet but the Linksey router said internet connection is lost. But computer in bedroom, cellphone,tablet and a few other devices still work using the wifi. Please help not sure what to do.

A:Windows 10. Had WiFi but now cannot connect to internet

So your computer is still running, thats good. First lets make sure that it was really Windows Defender that says malware detected. Open Windows Defender, go to the History tab, select Quaranteen and click details. It should list the malware that was detected.
Is the computer wired or wireless?
Then, you said Linksys router says connection is lost, do you mean connection between the computer and router? Some routers can show a list of the connected PCs, is that what you are referring to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-had-wifi-but-now-cannot-connect-to-internet.1157146/
Relevancy 78.69%

My workstation is running Windows Professional I cannot connect to the internet after using adwcleaner to remove the Ads by Advertise from my browser At that point Chrome presented this message DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN So Wifi or connect the Unable to to Internet I did a Google search for that phrase and tried various recommended actions including various ipconfig commands from the cmd window as an Admin No luck Then followed instructions to change Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet the TCP IPv DNS settings to use and alt Still no luck Read some threads the that Winsock settings in the registry may be corrupt Referred to a MS too called FixIT Instructions said to use msinfo to check Components gt Network gt Protocol and make sure various Titles were present If not run FixIT FixIT was supposed to delete all entries and then replace the missing ones Didn't work It only deleted And now I get this message when trying to connect and can not longer connect to my Wifi DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET Did more searching and found a list of tools to help repair Winsock issues Ran these three utilities none of which helped Maybe Winsock is not the issue Maybe I used these incorrectly I don't know I am pretty discouraged that I have created a digital Gordian Knot Complete Internet Repair Winsock Fix WinsockReset Finally decided to come here for help Here is the log file from adwCleaner in case it is helpful for troubleshooting AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Professional Service Pack x Username Chris Zachidny - ASUS Running from C Users Chris Zachidny Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Program Files x FlvPlayer - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming download Manager - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu FLV Player Files I have a laptop set up next to the troubled workstation and am ready to follow your instructions Happy to compensate or tip for you timely helpful assistance Thank you in advance for your consideration Chris SpaceCowboy -

A:Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet

Restart your computer.As the computer is starting, continue tapping F8 as before and select Repair your computer option.start the windows 7 recovery-environment and try to run system restore from there.Choose a restore point that is more than 10 days old!How the pc is running now?Please try only one restore point and then post results her

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610689/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-or-the-internet/
Relevancy 78.69%

Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

hello! I'm having a connection problem. I'm using a Compaq with windows vista. it will connect to my wireless router at home but has no internet connection. if i hook it up to the ether-net cable it works with no problem. i can take my computer to my sister witch has WiFi and it works with no problem.. i also have another identical computer that i use at home and i have no problem out of it.. its just old and beaten up. and i wanna use my newish laptop.. any help would be appreciated. im not good with computers so if you can walk me through it that would be awesome. my router is supplied by my internet provider.

A:Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

Go to Start type in CMD locate cmd.exe right click on it then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in each command the hit enter.

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /all

copy and paste the /all contents here.

Also shutdown your system. Unplug your modem and router wait about 3 minutes. Plug them back in what for all lights to stabilise. Power up the machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-connect-to-wifi-but-no-internet-connection-643582.html
Relevancy 78.69%

After latest Microsoft update on 9/25/2016 I can not connect to the internet either wired or WIFI. Says network adapter is working fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled another driver version in compatability mode but no help.  running the troubleshooter it says can not automatically bind to IP address??  Any thoughts?  Was windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 about 2 months ago with no issues.  Can't find a windows 10 driver for my network adapter.  I think it's a Broadband 4313.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-not-connect-to-the-internet-either-wired-or-WIFI-after/td-p/5782565
Relevancy 78.69%

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .
After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .
Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?
Is it bug or feature of windows ?
I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436870-unable-connect-wifi-if-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I just dumped Windows 8 and installed a newly purchased copy of Windows 7. The devices show only Bluetooth and nothing else.
I highly suspect the software is missing the required drivers.
I load Linux Ubuntu live disk and have no problems at all. In fact, that's what I am using now.
Any help here would be appreciated.

A:New install... cannot connect to Internet...wifi or lan

jrj350

Welcome to SevenForums . When you go to Device Manager do you see any ? If so right click on the item with the symbol select Properties . Click on the Detail tab on the drop down under property and select Hardware Ids and do a prnt screen and upload the image .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301759-new-install-cannot-connect-internet-wifi-lan.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello there,
I could not find the exact answer to solve my problem.
My desktop Windows 7 home premium can't connect internet even with the WIFI is on. Please help. Have been trying for last 5 days.
I tried to install Malwarebytes, it deleted 347 files but could not update due no connection. Tried to work from Safe Mode but no luck either.

Badesh

A:Can't connect internet even with wifi on in my desktop

I'm assuming you mean Safe Mode with Networking. My best guess is a software blockage, some program has closed your internet access, or, drivers for the devices that connect to the internet are "disconnected." You might consider removing the ethernet card and the wifi card [if such is in the desktop] from devices within Device Manager and force Windows 7 to rediscover the drivers -- hopefully such are on the hard-drive, just needing to be reIntroduced, reinstalled, reregistered. If you can, from another computer, download Tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One), install on problem computer, it just might be able to shake loose the obstruction. Accept defaults, add item #26 & 27, run WR in Safe Mode with Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374761-cant-connect-internet-even-wifi-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Up until yesterday, I could connect my iPhone to the internet via my Win 7 laptop using an ad-hoc network and internet connection sharing. Now I can connect the two with the wifi ad-hoc network, and my internet connection is shared, but the iPhone just can't see the internet connection. I know it's a Win 7 problem because the iphone connects to the net fine using an ad-hoc network and connection sharing when I boot my laptop (MacBook) into OSX (snow leopard).

Both networks (3G internet and wifi ad-hoc) are classed as 'work' networks in Win 7. Can you help ? it's a real pain having to switch to OSX to update my iPhone.....

Things I changed recently - installed Boot Camp 3.1 64bit (am running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit).