Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI

Q: Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI

Hey guys I while to WIFI being able Can't to ethernet connect connect to m new to this forum and wasn t sure where to post this question but I decided to put it here as it seems to be where most people have had internet queries I m a bit perplexed at the moment For the last few days I ve been trying to somehow fix my internet problem I scoured other forums for similar questions and tried all the things they ve said and still had no luck so I ve run out of options and decided to Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI set up this Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI account and ask myself I have a virgin media super hub Recently the ethernet cable wouldn t connect I tried other ethernet cables to see if it was due to me breaking it and no luck Not sure if it s a coincidence or not but at the same time I also wasn t able to connect to the ghz supplied by the router So I m left with ghz wireless at the moment My friend also can t connect to the ghz on the router so it might be something to do with the router rather than my laptop but I m not sure what would have caused it in the last few days it s a new router hub too only about a month old I think generally you re supposed to post your ipconfig Which I ll post if asked I ve tried flushing the DNS ipconfig renew release etc So i m really stuck for ideas nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 103.63%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 102.34%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello all I changed my router access password and wireless WPA Pre-Shared key today by logging in at After that I realized that my wireless would still connect but it wouldn t load up webpages quickly or at all for that matter I tried to troubleshoot just based on the things I know to do e g flushdns winsock fix release renew wireless adapter properties changing the preferred and alternate DNS servers etc When I still was able to connect to wireless I ran troubleshooter It came back that it was properly configured by the DNS server was not responding I m writing this connect won't with Ethernet connect Wifi Can post with my ethernet Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect cable in my computer because wireless won t even connect anymore It says RCA on the physical router but when Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect I login it says quot Thomson quot Can someone help Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAA Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 89.44%

Hello please help me i have a problem with my Laptop that can't connect ethernet, can LAN, (wireless), USB Can't WIFI connect to my home wifi Another notebook can connect no problem handphone and ipod no problem only this laptop I've just bought the laptop day after that i dont know why become limited and then after i try many way from google become cannot connect to my wifi now already week I CAN CONNECT to my wifi if i bring the modem wifi really near with my laptop and sometimes limited Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can sometimes 'connected' but really super slow connection internet i tried from my phone the internet connection good I have wifi in my home the Modem wifi and via USB connect to the ROuter TP-LINK I have tried the third wifi from another person which Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can is same type with my modem wifi but still can connect I wonder why I have installed the latest drive in hp website tried changed previous driver re installed times whatever way i can find in google this is the last resort maybe These are the descriptions product HP -r tx windows pro WMC bit driver Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter provider mediatek version driver date hardware ids PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC when I connected to ITEZA with superslow connection i tried the troubleshoot problems sometimes it says my connection of router is broken sometimes DNS sometimes nothing particular when Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can i tried repairing the computer via quot F - gt boot CD- gt klik repair - gt troubleshoot- gt check conflict there is conflic which is quot net x sys quot if I am not mistaken and that is my driver so i unistall and change the drivers and still no solution Please can anyone help me I'd really appreciate it

A:Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can

If this is a new, 1 week old laptop, I would contact tech support for help. You may have a defective wifi adapter. If it is defective, it should be covered under warranty.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62349-cant-connect-wifi-wireless-ethernet-lan-usb-can.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello- I am trying to troubleshoot a network connectivity issue for my Mom amp Dad's laptop It is an HP -bit running Windows Up until this morning it was able ethernet-can wifi Can't see connect networks or with to connect to wi-fi My mother was on the internet with no problems They have my-fi with AT amp T and my dad's laptop and tablet connect fine We have tried restarting the HPtaking the battery out uninstalling the wi-fi network adapter restarting and letting it reinstallforgetting the networkmanually adding the network back Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks in and nothing worked So I took the laptop back to my house and connected it directly into my router via Ethernet cable but to my surprise it showed connected but no internet connection I ran the troubleshooter and it Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks said that quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP config I restarted the laptop with the ethernet plugged in but it came back up with limited connectivity and the same error message I tried connecting to my wifi at my house and again it sees the various networks but will not connect I get a message when I hit the connect button that it is Checking network requirements but then after about - seconds it says Can't connect to this network All of the other laptops pc's tablets and phones are connecting just fine I used to work on a help desk about years ago but the only Windows experience I have is with their laptop so I am a complete idiot when comes to Windows and I'm very rusty when it comes to everything else so please be gentle I have gone thru the forums looking for the same issue and have found several similar either without a solution or the solution has not worked for me If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it Thanks- Sandi

A:Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks

-are all of the drivers for the adapter up to date?
-have you tried doing a full master reset on the router?

If your fathers internet is fine but the mothers is not it has to be with the adapter somehow. I have had adapters in the past that randomly start to quirk up and then randomly start working fine before it can be strange I know. How old is this adapter anyway? Most adapters ( with heavy use of course ) only lasts around six months to a year, with moderate use they generally do good for about up to about five years.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49356-cant-connect-wifi-ethernet-can-see-networks.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Greetings, for some reason, I have not been able to connect to modem, with hi speed internet, just wifi,can someone please help me with this. I have connected Samsung support  several times, they had said it was a driver, and after many attempts were able to update the driver, toredo tunneling , system worked for a short time, then reverted to wifi. Thanks to anyone who can help.
 Samsung NP300 Laptop
 4 gig mem, intel premium processor, Windows Home Premium version with SP1, 64 bit program

Thanks,
   Jim

A:Please help, can not connect to modem with ethernet , just wifi

What's your Ethernet setup? Modem to router to PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553133/please-help-can-not-connect-to-modem-with-ethernet-just-wifi/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

A:I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Originally Posted by wtenten

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

Your wifi is solved but for the ethernet part, you would need a wifi to ethernet adapter like this one.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47609-i-need-connect-both-ethernet-wifi-hotspot.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello,
I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

A:Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-wifi-through-wireless-but-could-with-lan-ethernet.198992/
Relevancy 89.44%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello, I've been trying to connect my internet to the WIFI, but it keeps saying that I need to connect it to the Ethernet. My wifi button is orange, and even if i press it to airplane mode and back, it still is orange and not white. I tried to restart my computer a few times and it still won't connect saying there isn't any WIFI available. I'm using my sister's laptop and obviously the internet is working overall but just not my laptop. When I am at home in Madison, I use my laptop with ethernet, but when i'm at my parents house, i use the wifi and it usually works fine and connect right away but its not working right now.

A:Wifi not working, wants to connect to ethernet

Hello @NemoVang, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that usually the notebook will connect, but not currently. To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products First, try reviewing the following steps, offered by community member @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Source: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-working-wants-to-connect-to-ethernet/td-p/5666395
Relevancy 88.58%

Every time I connect to my ethernet, windows 7 will NOT disable the wifi. Is it a driver issue or what?

A:Disable Wifi when connect via ethernet in windows 7

I don't think it's a driver issue, but just how windows works. Every laptop I've had does that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216336-disable-wifi-when-connect-via-ethernet-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I m having issues with or no ethernet using but can LAN connectivity via connect WiFi Limited my modem Anyways the problem started when I purchased a Linksys Wrt G Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi router I was connecting to the internet using LAN ethernet okay I tried setting up a wifi connection in my home Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi using the linksys wrt g router Everything was working fine until after two days when I suddenly can t connect to the internet on my linksys I tried to directly connect my modem through the ethernet to check if the problem was with my ISP LAN says limited or no connectivity I tried plugging the modem through my laptop I found out that my laptop can connect to the internet using ethernet so the problem was not with my ISP I had to reset my linksys router and set it up all over again Wifi connection was okay again After three days I can t get any connection again I tried directly connecting the modem again to my laptop to check but my laptop says limited or no connectivity I tried connecting directly to the ethernet on my PC it says limited or no connectivity again I tried resetting the Linksys router again and set up my connection again hoping against hope and miraculously I was able to connect Now there seems to be a problem with my LAN connections both on my PC and laptop and it seems that only my linksys router can communicate with my modem everytime I had to do a reset I tried reseting tcp stack etc But my LAN connection is still limited or no connectivity Any help would be appreciated BTW my modem is a motorola surfboard modem nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

how to get these drivers? on windows developer preview i can get on the internet but when i load win 7 it just doesn't have the drivers? help?

A:Win 7 wont connect to Ethernet or detect wifi

Log onto W7 and screenshot device manager (showing missing drivers), and also network connection section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188339-win-7-wont-connect-ethernet-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Does not connect or see any networks

A:My new hp envy does not connect to wifi or via ethernet cabl...

Hi, What is your Hp envy model 3165NGW ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-new-hp-envy-does-not-connect-to-wifi-or-via-ethernet/td-p/5798196
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello everyone I am having an issue I attempted installed zonealarm free a few days ago when I woke up I saw that it said the installation failed Yet still I saw zonealarm listed as a new program that was installed I also can unable to connect to the internet I changed the settings of zonealarm from high to medium but still no internet I uninstalled zonealarm and even used the clean exe zonealarm tool no internet I manually went ahead and removed via or connect ethernet wifi to internet to Unable as many zone Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet alarm components as possible but still no internet I have done various elevated command prompts net sh etc However for the reset one it always says reset failed Ip and Ip in a not connected state and all wifi networks say limited as well as Ethernet connections I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Also I have no system restore points available When the issue Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet was first present my last restore point was Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet Office preview which I had installed two hours or so before zonealarm Zonealarm never had a restore point Since trying to troubleshoot this issue all my restore points have been erased I am going insane Can you guys please help me to figure out how to fix this Thanks in advance for your help Laptop Sony Vaio Flip OS Windows Professional Wireless Card Intel Wireless N

A:Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet

System Restore to before you installed Zonealarm.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66161-unable-connect-internet-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi So I decided to reformat my Toshiba laptop today I download the Windows Home Premiumm via wifi // Can't or ethernet Reformatted to connect Windows x bit ISO file from here I didn't upgrade just a reformat as the laptop was getting clouded in rubbish Download Official Windows SP ISO bit bit Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet from Microsoft Booted from USB installation went went as expected After completion I can't find any networks it doesn't find any Wifi networks and even when I connect Ethernet cable from the router it doesn't detect it at all Now before reformatting both wifi and ethernet worked without problems and right now both wifi and that ethernet work with my desktop Because Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet of that I can only guess it might be drivers missing so laptop can't find the networks But I am bit lost in which are missing if that is the problem at all The laptops name is Toshiba Sattelite Here is the screen from the network panel Any help possible Thanks in advance and Kind Regards

A:Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet

Look in Change Adapter Settings, is your wifi adapter listed and enabled? If you see it and is enabled, try the troubleshooter...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352763-reformatted-windows-cant-connect-wifi-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi,

I tired to allow my windows 7 laptop to print over the network, and after 3 hours gave up as nothing seemed to work. I must have done something because now i can not connect to WI FI at all or Ethernet.

It says on the system tray Not connected and below that connections available, and under wireless network connection it says it is connected to my wireless connection but i can not connect.

Please any help would be good, i have no Home group with, not sure if this is something i did, it's all a blur to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

A:Cannot not connect to WIFI or ethernet after trying to config network.

Have you tried plugging in an ethernet cable to your router directly to see if you connect?
Have you factory reset or power cycled your modem?
What configs did you change if any? Do you remember?

On my laptops...if it shows connections available but unable to connect resetting the modem usually fixes it up

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250099-cannot-not-connect-wifi-ethernet-after-trying-config-network.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

A:Ethernet won't connect to router, wifi works fine

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a slightly different setup so I'm hoping somebody might have some suggestions on what I can try.

I have Comcast Xfinity Internet and a Motorola SB6121 model - have all worked great for years no problems.

I have the modem in my garage with a wifi router and a router for various rooms in my house. My home computer is in an office and previously I had a wired connection that worked great.

I changed wifi router to a new Netgear and the internet connection from the modem is working, the wifi is working, but my home computers ethernet connection will no longer connect...

Any thoughts on what to try other than powering off and on model / routers / computer which I have tried?

Mike

A:Changed wifi router, now ethernet doesnt connect - Win 8.1

You can only have one router on your network. For extending coverage, you use Access Points

As for the Ethernet problem, go back and double check your connections to the router.

If you cascaded routers in what are called "Edge Routers". Changing your first router, without any changes on the others can be why you only have a connection to one router and not out to the Internet.

It is really easier to show someone what they did wrong, then explain on a forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70367-changed-wifi-router-now-ethernet-doesnt-connect-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 87.72%

So this might be pretty long but this is all that has wifi drivers/internet/ethernet port connect No to to happened so far So my laptop which is a HP DM it was fine nd No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi everything but it would shut itself off but i had it plugged in and everything then when i went to turn it bck on it said to put a recovery disc No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi so i went on my mom's laptop nd downloaded that nd burned it and used it It reinstalled Windows but when it would No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi boot up it would look like Windows but the log on screen nd home screen would look like Windows XP so i been downloading drivers since i dnt have most the stuff i need nd i got Areo nd it looks like Windows again but the clock nd those icons still look like XP like it shows a computer instead of wifi bars So problem is now that my internet button doesnt work for wifi nd there is no networks to connect too nd some drivers are missing which ive tried so many things nd not getting anywhere Idk what i did though but out of the times i was trying to download windows i finally got windows home premium up but it was all black nd said it was an ungenuine copy nd was on a temporary account nd everything would get deleted after logging off After i shut dwn it made me reinstall windows nd now ive tried to get bck to the black screen one but it just goes ito the XP looking one

A:No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. No idea where you Downloaded Windows from .. But it looks like a corrupt Install .. Your should start again .. Read the Link below and follow the Instructions step by step .. Every thing is in the Link you need to get the perfect Install including the Link for the Download ISO for Windows .. If you Post the exact Model Number of your Laptop ... I will find any Drivers that are missing after the Re-install .. Windows should find most of them if you run the Updates ..
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335432-no-drivers-internet-ethernet-port-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 87.72%

Windows user with my card will wifi connect ethernet no longer connected; recommended Windows updates up wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect to date except as removed by system restore mentioned below Samsung NP P C laptop Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I no longer had a wired connection on my laptop only the wifi For ages I've run with both connected wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect it prioritized the wire and I never had a problem but the wired connection dropped out and will not come back to life even if I disconnect from the wifi I spent a lot of time over the past few days doing online research didn't want to get too aggressive but here is what I have tried Give the ethernet card's MAC address a static IP on the gateway Actiontec router provided by Verizon Attempt to configure the IPv properties on the ethernet card to use the right default gateway and mask these have gone south as you'll see in my ipconfig dump below ipconfig release and renew - renew never completed New cable that was my first try New driver Fell back to old driver System Restore back to the beginning of the month The router is also new Verizon sent me a new one which I installed at the beginning of this week No improvement I have to admit that I didn't dig deep into these settings while using the old router because it was also dropping wifi a couple of times a day and so I thought it was just failing At first it would not recognize the cable but then I read somewhere to adjust the speed and duplex from Auto detect to just anything else in the list to see if one worked and when I chose gbps and full duplex the adapter woke up and I could see the light on the router come on for the connected port However it doesn't recognize the network how disloyal it's been using it for years I can now also see the computer listed on the router's page of network connections However the computer thinks this is an unknown public network with no connectivity Here is my ipconfig dump I made some notes in red and the bolded items strike me as WRONG Windows IP Configuration Host Name CarolineSamsung Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection do not know what this is Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection I have a bluetooth device I sometimes use maybe this is that Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet HERE IS MY PROBLEM CHILD Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be something here yes Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B -C - - C-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi working rock solid so far Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BEA-B B- -AF - D B C FE don't know what these tunnel things are Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adap... Read more

A:wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect

Most likely you screwed something up either on the IP for the Ethernet card on your computer, or did it on your Gateway. Check out ezlan.net for further info how to do what you want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67805-wifi-connected-ethernet-card-will-no-longer-connect.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am a new member and have never ever posted before on any forum but am totally confused and lost here I know some about computers 2 directly Connect Help!! laptop wifi w/1 laptops w/ethernet and had both my laptops Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi connected for whole day before I made the mistake and turned them off at the end of the day now can t remember Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi how to get it to work again please how do I connect them directly together with a ethernet cable so that I am able to connect to the internet from both One is Windows Media xp and is built in wireless my other one is also xp but doesn t have built in wifi and I broke my netgear adapter so unable to connect We run off the internet wifi offered free from where we live so how do I solve this issue p s no modem or router available to use and I am homebound disabled can someone walk me through the steps of creating a network for home and whatever else I need to do to fix this Thanks nbsp

A:Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi

After connecting them together by ethernet enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the wireless connection that has internet access. You can probably also bridge the wireless and ethernet connections, but to say that I'm making the assumption that you are not restricted to only one IP address on your free Wi-Fi. I haven't given any more details, since I assume this will jog your memory of which you did yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connect-2-laptops-directly-w-ethernet-w-1-laptop-wifi.964336/
Relevancy 87.72%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi guys - setting up computers in my new home and have got the wifi working fine with my BT connect wifi Router to Ethernet Cannot via BTHub3 but Wireless works - Home Hub router works for laptops mobile devices etc Have been trying to connect via Ethernet for a laptop and home pc for a faster more reliable connection but it doesn't seem to be working When plugged in the Network and Sharing Centre simply displays the loading blue circle with 'identifying' but no network access When clicking on the Local Area Connection Status both IPv and IPv connectivity state no network access but I can't seem to find Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works any hardware problems on the laptop The same issue occurs for other laptops at home and I know my laptop works with Ethernet at work Running ipconfig all shows that DHCP is enabled I checked this on the properties tab for the IPvs autoconfiguration is enabled I can add in a copy and paste of the whole ipconfig all if that's helpful - 'media disconnected' shows for Tunnel adapters but I don't really understand what they are If anyone could help at all I'd be really grateful

A:Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works

Could be that the router is only set to wifi.
go to your router setting page open it (192.168.0.1) check the settings there,
password is probably admin if you havn't changed it, please do change it if you havn't.

Or plan B reset the router

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377034-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-bthub3-wireless-router-but-wifi-works.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi everyone Been having this issue for months now and while I have a band-aid solution it doesn t or connect Cannot (automatically using Solved: Ethernet with WiFi obtain...) IPv4 work all the time I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X with Windows The wireless adapter is Lenovo b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter III The ethernet is Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connection and I also have an Android tethering thing set up PDANet Broadband Adapter The issue is this I ve been able to connect to WiFi with no problem for a while and then all of a sudden I keep on getting quot Limited Availability quot and Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...) can no longer get internet I had an IT friend look at my computer and he said that for some reason I can no longer Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...) obtain IP address automatically This applies to BOTH Wifi and Ethernet cable both at home and at any other router I log into friend s house coffee shopts etc Sometimes it works if I can guess the IP range of the router like the standard xxx but sometimes even with the right IP address manually input I still have limited connectivity with both WiFi and ethernet For some strange reason my PDA Net tethering works Other than just reinstalling my Windows again is there any other way I can get this to start obtaining IP addresses automatically again Oh also when I tried using quot netsh int ip reset reset log quot and quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot I get error messages like quot The requested operation requires elevation lt Run as administrator gt Resetting Interface failed quot Even though when I check my user profile I m set as an administrator Here is some information about my IP stuff Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapt er III Physical Address - - - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description PdaNet Broadband Adapter Physical Address - - -BD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Bernie gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users gt ping Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Bernie gt netsh int ip reset reset log Reseting Global failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Interface failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Unicast Address failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Route failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator There s no user specified settings to be reset nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-with-wifi-or-ethernet-using-ipv4-automatically-obtain.988235/
Relevancy 86%

1.  Cleaned up virus/malware with MalwareBytes
2.  Rescan came up clean with MalwareBytes and AVG
3.  After cleanup, IE browser could not access google.com & yahoo.com, but could access any other website attempted
4.  Chrome browser had no issues with google.com & yahoo.com
5.  Host file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) was clean
6.  Ran combofix
7.  IE issue was resolved, IE could now access google.com & yahoo.com
8.  Rebooted
9.  Now, PC unable to connect via Ethernet or WiFi

Prior to reboot, even with virus, the I had no issues with Ethernet or WiFi.

Latest Combofix log attached.

A:Unable to connect to Ethernet or WiFi after virus cleanup & ComboFix scan

Just wanted to update because problem is resolved.

I ended up restoring from restore point from yesterday and was able to avoid the issue this time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531402/unable-to-connect-to-ethernet-or-wifi-after-virus-cleanup-combofix-scan/
Relevancy 86%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 86%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 83.85%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 83.42%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 80.84%

I have just moved in to a basement apartment and can connect to via Cannot wireless via Solved: ethernet connect can but connect the internet with my wireless but not with the ethernet cord ran downstairs for me The other computers upstairs work fine on ethernet through the same router I do not understand what the problem could be here are my configs Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Doug-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Belkin Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless IPv Address fe d f a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires February- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- -DF- B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D C- D A- - -A D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless

Could be a defective cable or NIC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-but-can-connect-via-wireless.1034028/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a wireless modem and my connection was fine until I attempted to wirelessly connect my printer After that I can see my wireless connect connection with I connect, i can wireless my can ethernet but cannot see connection but every time I attempt to connect I get I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet this simple message saying cannot connect to this network I have reentered my network code but that didn t work Kinda new to this I can normally just play around until I get things straight but I ve been at this about days to no avail HELP Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tyranny gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Local I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe ad b db d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ms comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e fb cd df Link-local IPv Address fe fb cd df Default Gateway C Users Tyranny gt nbsp

A:I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-see-my-wireless-connection-but-i-cannot-connect-can-connect-with-ethernet.1074661/
Relevancy 80.84%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 79.12%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 78.69%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 77.83%

For some reason, my computer has been only connecting to ethernet recently. And I don't know what's going on, except for the fact that I recently performed a factory reset on my computer, and for some reason it caused a few problems on my laptop, most of which were fixed eventually though. However, I couldn't actually get it to connect with Wi-Fi networks, and it will only let me connect to Ethernet. Thank you very much for helping.

A:How do I connect to Wi-Fi when my laptop can only connect to ethernet?

Enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3)
then Check for Updates, install all Important and Optional Updates. After requested reboots keep checking back for more Updates until they are all done.

Look in Device Manager to make sure Wireless driver is installed and functional.

Rightclick on the network icon in System Tray, open Network and Sharing Center, click on Change Adapter Settings, make sure Wireless adapter is enabled. If so rightclick to run its Troubleshooter.

The factory WIn7 is an inferior install larded with bloatware and duplicate utilties which interfere with better versions built into Win7. Most tech enthusiasts prefer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308292-how-do-i-connect-wi-fi-when-my-laptop-can-only-connect-ethernet.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys,

I've just bought a Netgear N300 wireless router which is running through a Sagem Fast 1201.

I've sucessfully connected one laptop(running Vista) and my Iphone, but the Acer Aspire netbook (running Windows Xp) I use around the house doesn't seem to want to connect. It works fine through Ethernet when plugged into the router but with wireless its a no go. The netbook uses a Atheros AR5007EG Wireless adaptor if thats any help.

Your help will be very much appreciated, its doing my head in!

Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

Hope you are all doing good. From past few days I am not able to connect to any wireless networks on my laptop which is running windows 7 64-bit. I didn't change/install anything, it stopped working suddenly. I was able to connect to LAN and it's working perfectly fine. All other devices (phones and others computers) are able to connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I tried many things like re-installing my Wi-Fi adapter drivers, reset my router, clearing the Wi-Fi networks and adding them, many reboots, and few steps like clearing DNS and other settings as per the instructions on the Microsoft website. Can you please review and advise a good solution. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400453-unable-connect-wifi-but-able-connect-lan.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 70.52%

Last week i decided to move my computers (2). Internet was working fine before i did this. After I moved them I havent been able to connect except for a usb cable. Both computers are using the Windows Vista home premium 32 bit. Before all of this happened I had 2 computers and an Xbox 360 all connected. I have tried everything I can think of and none of it worked. I have charter cable internet and they were able to get on the internet fine using the ethernet cable. when i go to ipconfig/all it gives me a 169.254.216.245 IP address. I have read several places where people have been having problems with this but all the suggestions for them nothing worked for me! Please help

A:Cannot connect to internet using Ethernet Cable but can connect with USB cable

Do you connect via a modem or a router. Did you try the release/renew options when you were in ipconfig ?
If you use a router check it to see if it's still giving out IP's automatically.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239670-cannot-connect-internet-using-ethernet-cable-but-can-connect-usb-cable.html
Relevancy 70.52%

It started when my roommate could not connect her PS to the wireless network She went in and changed some of the numbers for our network and dabbled around with the IPs and such Afterwards she still could not connect the PS to the network and gave up she tells me changed it all back Other devices still connected just fine Three days later she tried again and one of our friends messed around with it and from what I was told had hit the reset button After that nothing connected and there was no wireless signal However we can still connect to the internet with an ethernet cable thats connected to the router but we are getting nothing as far as a wireless goes I tired unplugging everything and plugging it back in a certain sequence modem then router Ran the setup disc again to see if the software went wonky and just needed to be reinstalled It runs me through the setup but when it asks for the SSID and password it goes through the connection process then stops and asks me for signal) ethernet through wireless(no Can connect through cannot but wireless connect the SSID again Then it asks if everything is plugged in right so I checked to make sure there was nothing wrong with the wires everything looks cherry It then tries to connect again and just Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal) takes me to a setup help hotline and tells me that it just wont connect to the wireless I tired to look up the IP address through Google search and I get one number I pinged it and got another diffrent number Neither of those when put into the Address bar will take me to a working site The router Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal) is a Belkin N Model F K nbsp

A:Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-through-ethernet-but-cannot-connect-through-wireless-no-wireless-signal.1113489/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 69.23%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 69.23%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 69.23%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 68.37%

I've tried repeatedly to connect to the Internet via an Ethernet cable but it just doesn't seem to want to work. I'm using a USB cable but i am shortly going to be wanting to network my two house computers and i'm worrying now that that might not be possible. I'm using windows xp home edition sp2. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 68.37%

So i recently updated to windows 10, and i noticed i wasn't connected to my Ethernet anymore, so i had to connect my PC to the wifi. Under my "network Adapters" it only shows "Qualcomm Atheros 802.11 1/b/g/n" I tried connecting another ethernet cable, but nothing happened. Can anyone help me fix this problem.

A:Cant connect to Ethernet

create a new Environment variable called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set it's value to 1 as follows:
Right click on My Computer and select Properties
Click on Advanced System Settings in left pane. Click on the Environmental Variables buttonClick the New button under the User variables for xxxxx" area.Set the Variable name as: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devicesSet the Variable value to: 1Click OK as needed to close all the windows you opened. Open Device Manager (Windows key + X, select Device Manager)Click on View then Show hidden devices.
Now see if your LAN card shows. If yes, right click on it and select Update driver. If that doesn't help download the latest driver available from the Computer manufacturers web site or the LAN manufacturers web site.

One of those should fix the problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35609-cant-connect-ethernet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Is there a way to connect a PC running W7 to a Mac running Snow Leopard (10.6.2) via an Ethernet cable?

I wasn't able to make it work under Vista, but I was hoping W7 would have some changes under the hood to make it possible. (I have the Workgroup set up and the computers connected but when I try to connect from either direction I just get the message that the username/password combo is wrong.) Thanks

P.S. I'm using 64-bit Home Premium on an hp dv3t and a Mac Pro desktop if it makes any difference.

A:Connect to Mac via Ethernet?

Quote: Originally Posted by improver26142

Is there a way to connect a PC running W7 to a Mac running Snow Leopard (10.6.2) via an Ethernet cable?

I wasn't able to make it work under Vista, but I was hoping W7 would have some changes under the hood to make it possible. (I have the Workgroup set up and the computers connected but when I try to connect from either direction I just get the message that the username/password combo is wrong.) Thanks

P.S. I'm using 64-bit Home Premium on an hp dv3t and a Mac Pro desktop if it makes any difference.

Hi and welcome

Are you going thru a route? or is it a straight connect? If straight you need a "crossover cable" which is different than the norm. As to uid and password what user name is on both machines? You have to be user\pc\username, and user\mac\username.

Try doing it in the clear without passwords

Ken J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41591-connect-mac-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello
I just bought an android 4.0 A10 1.5 GhZ 1 GB 4 G laptop netbook and until yesterday I had internet via ethernet from my old computer but today I do not hava any more.
I turned off wifi
Choose ethernet
but no internet and not message at all
I even tried to put the IP address from my old computer and still not internet, once I put the infroamtion from my computer I see the iceon of connection but internet

In my old cmputer internet isfine

I really appreciate your help
Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-connect-to-via-ethernet.1075137/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Tech Support Guy s Today I purchased a Samsung R Notebook from Best Buy It via Cannot ethernet, connect runs Windows Home Premium -bit and this is the problem I am having I can connect to wireless networks without any problem It s just that in my home Which is where I spend my computer time Cannot connect via ethernet, usually I do not have a wireless connection and I see no reason to buy a router as I will be leaving for college in a few weeks So I decided to try to connect it to my modem via Ethernet Which is what I m using right now only on my main PC so the cable is a live-wire Turns out the notebook cannot read the modem and tells me that it s connecting to an unidentified network and simply does not receive any connection from the modem So I thought to myself quot Self maybe you should try downloading LAN drivers from Samsung s website quot And I thought back quot Good idea self quot So I did this but to my dismay none of these drivers worked and I m still stuck with this issue Then another thought came to mind I thought quot Self what if you tried connecting via a USB cable quot and again I complimented the quality of the idea and tried it no luck Only this time it just says Cannot install drivers or something along those lines So after three or so hours of meddling with this and asking this question on two other forums only to be pushed to a different page with no help I come before you and hope that you will be willing to help me with this problem If you do I will be most grateful Thank you Tech Support Guy s -Chio nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

The problem is as follows:
Power surge
onboard ethernet looks fine to computer but won't recognize when it's plugged in
installed new ethernet card
that says network cable unplugged

network works fine
other computers detect on same cable

Any Ideas...

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone I ll try and explain my problem It s completely bizarre and makes no sense I moved my computer into a new room in our house It s a desktop with windows Here s what s going on - My desktop won t connect to the Ethernet port in the new room - My desktop however can still connect to the wireless to connect Ethernet Can't in our home - OTHER desktop computers along with my laptop all can connect to this Ethernet port in the new room though which is bizarre So I m now thinking it s just my desktop PC that s bad - I ran a Ethernet cable from my PC directly into our router And it works It just doesn t work when plugged into the Ethernet outlet port but I know it s not the port because other computers can connect to it just fine This is such a bizarre problem I m completely out of ideas Any help would be AWESOME Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi , good day, righty, i cant connect to the internet through my ethernet , says " local only , unidentified network " , my wireless works perfectly fine, it all started after " i think " i formatted my laptop, well some guy formatted it for me, that saddly now isnt in the coutnry to solve my problem.

im using a toshiba satellite, windows vista,
Would appreciate some help

A:Cant connect through ethernet

What is the exact model of the toshiba satellite laptop?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/ht/accessdmcpnva.htm

And in Device Manager what is the status of the Network Adapters tab? Any ! or ? or X next to the LAN card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-through-ethernet.915253/
Relevancy 68.37%

Happy Saturday. Here's my issue: I have an old Dell Windows XP desktop. I have an ethernet connection to my CenturyLink modem, the new model that also is a wireless router that sends to my laptop and my wifes'. I can get MSN, but when I go to e-mail itwon't connect. When i go Google and try a site, it stops it with notice of unsecured connection....in other words, desktop will not do https. Lastly, icon at bottom of screen shows I have 100mbps internet connection. I have tried everything I know to solve...even installed USB Wireless Adapter with the same result....uninstalled and returned. Help, please.

Relevancy 68.37%

I just got a new router (MI424WR, the standard one that comes with Verizon FIOS) and my computer can connect to it wirelessly without any issues. However, I can't seem to connect to the network using an ethernet cable. I've tried three different cables and still no luck. I've verified that it isn't an issue with the cables - my other laptop has no problem connecting to the router via ethernet cable. Windows says the driver for the network adapter (Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller) is up to date. Any ideas what the problem could be?

A:Can't connect through LAN Ethernet

and welcome to the Forum

With the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-through-lan-ethernet-587832.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have just started up my new PC that I just bought and now I need help with a problem.

My network notification says that I have Ethernet connection but no internet connection. The cable was okay and plugged in properly. I checked network and sharing center, diagnosed and got the message that "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP connection". I looked online to see how to fix the problem but I'm afraid that I may have changed something I shouldn't have. I disabled and enabled Ethernet and restarted the PC but the issue persists.

Any idea to fix this is appreciated.

PC: ABS Computer Technologies Desktop Computer ALI052 Intel Core i3 6100 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55181-ethernet-does-not-want-connect.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My Ethernet won t connect on my XP PC It connected fine before I tried to install a second hard drive so I know the card is good I have tried everything I know but it still won t work During this entire process whenever I tried to connect the light on the Ethernet card would blink which to me meant the card was good and was trying to connection First I went into device manager and clicked on Network Adapters It had a yellow question mark for my Ethernet card I doubleclicked on it and it said I need a driver I searched the Internet and couldn t find a driver for it This card had been working so the driver should have been in my system I had an connect Ethernet (XP) won't old RealTek Ethernet card in an old comptuer so I tried that I went to the Internet on my other system and found the driver for it and installed it from my flash drive - and it showed the installation successful But when I went back to the device manager it still showed the yellow question mark So I gave up on that and took the D-Link Ethernet card out of my other system that was working Ethernet won't connect (XP) fine and put it in this system and it showed that it sucessfully installed meaning it found the correct driver but it wouldn t connect either When I opened the device manager it showed the yellow question mark for the D-Link card So I pulled the D-Link card out and rebooted and I saw a notice about quot new hardware quot even though at this point there were no PCI Ethernet cards installed in the computer Well it turns out there is also an Ethernet connection on the motherboard We weren t aware of this because there had never been any conflict with the PCI card that had been working fine So I got the motherboard CD and installed the driver for the onboard nVidia Ethernet adapter and the device manager no longer showed the yellow question mark Then I tried to connect but still couldn t I went to Network Connections on the Control Panel and doubleclicked on quot Local Area Connection quot and it showed that I was connected So I clicked on the Support tab All of the addresses were showing the same as on my other computer that connects with the exception of the last digit of the IP address There was a quot Repair quot option so I clicked on that but an error message popped up that quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the follow action can not be completed Clearing the ARP cache For assistance contact the person who manages your network quot Well at this point I came to a screeching halt because I don t have anyone who manages my network So here I am BJ nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Greetings, Got an HP Pavilion right out of the box and the ethernet connection keeps connecting and disconnecting.  I've tried connecting with different cables, using different ports in the router, and even turned off my wireless internet adapter, but nothing works.  Thoughts?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/New-HP-Pavilion-won-t-connect-using-ethernet/td-p/5725752
Relevancy 67.51%

i bought and installed a new ethernet card cause mine blew out I guess. anyways I went to set everything up, computer recognized everything and I selected automatically obtain IP address and DNS server address but I could only get this:

IP: 169.254.5.21
Subnet: 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway: (blank)

DNS Primary: (blank)
DNS Secondary: (blank)
I found comcast's DNS server addresses from a link or portforward but the default gateway is the problem I'm having I believe. What do I do, it seems like an easy fix. I dont have a router either. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 67.51%

I have a desktop PC which I use as a print server and backup device and a laptop as my main computer Both are running XP sp I also have a belkin adsl wireless router to connect both to the internet Everything works fine with the connect network using Can't ethernet to wireless network ie I can share files printers etc However I wanted to copy a lot of files from from Can't connect to network using ethernet my laptop to my desktop so I plugged in an ethernet cable between the machines and Can't connect to network using ethernet switched off the wireless on the laptop to prove it was the ethernet I was using I can ping the desktop from the laptop and vice versa but cannot get to my network resources from either I am Can't connect to network using ethernet sure I am missing something obvious but can someone help PS I am using an ethernet cable that has UTP Patch written on it Is this suitable and will it be a crossover cable - if not would this still enable me to ping the other PC nbsp

A:Can't connect to network using ethernet

im jst a just a begginer, i had a similiar problem

i ended up installing the ethernet driver for the motherboard and it worked..

so maybe the problem is that you don't ahve your ethernet driver installed, and i think you have to reinstall ur net, using the cd provided installing it with a ethernet connection..

i mite be wrong, but give it agoo..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-network-using-ethernet.91781/
Relevancy 67.51%

I got a question,
I have 2 computers which have the same 10/100mbps ethernet port, I would like to connect both these computers and set up a file sharing between them. I would like to know is it possible and how do I do it.

A:Trying to Connect 2 Computers using Ethernet

Yes it is possible. To do this, you would need a "cross-over" cable (basically an ethernet cable with a couple wires crossed over).

Of course, you still need to configure some network settings. Go here for more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-2-computers-using-ethernet.27700/
Relevancy 67.51%

Not extremely tech saavy Modem through connect ethernet won't so I ll try to explain this as best I can I have a computer PC Windows Professional and it came with a built-in RTL A Ethernet card made by Realtek I recently got DSL service for Modem won't connect through ethernet my home but when I try to connect the modem to the computer using an ethernet cable it doesn t recognize the port or connection I checked under device manager and it said the device was enabled Downloaded the latest driver from the website but still no connection Is this the right card to connect to the DSL modem and get on the net Is there some other setting that I m missing to enable it I Modem won't connect through ethernet can connect the modem and get up and running with USB And the ethernet cable works fine with XBOX Live So my guess is that is has something to do with the card Can anyone offer an suggestions to get me up and running thanks nbsp

A:Modem won't connect through ethernet

Welcome to TechSpot
You are probably current with W2K-updates.
For a while now, MS has had its own W2K driver-update for Realtek NICs. Only problem is: a working NIC no longer works after M$ -update!
So, if you have installed that update, uninstall it and use the original driver from W2K itself. I fell into the same M$-trap and it took me ages to figure it out.
Also, check if you need a straight or crossover network-cable. Maybe you use the wrong type?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-wont-connect-through-ethernet.17785/
Relevancy 67.51%

My Operating system crashed yesterday and I had to reinstall it thus deleting everything off of my computer including my configuration for wireless internet I installed the wireless adapter Netgear WG v like I was supposed to I put the most up-to-date drivers for my computer to use the adapter as well as for the adapter to operate It detects signals just fine but when I put in my network s WPA passcode my adapter gets stuck in this loop of quot acquiring network address quot and then dropping it and quot acquiring network address quot again This baffles me because or wireless Can't connect ethernet to the code has worked on other machines Then when I tried to connect my computer via ethernet cable not only would my computer not connect to the internet it s not even showing ethernet connection as an option in my Network Connections I really have no idea what to do at this point Can anyone help me with this nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

This used to be a simple network trick -> connect two Windows PCs using network cable, go into adapter settings -> IPv4 -> set one IP to 10.0.0.1 and the other 10.0.0.2, then you can easily see the other computer and copy/move files.

Not when I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 (can't upgrade the other one yet, as it's work machine). Tried the above, can't see the other Windows. Symptoms include:
- Windows 10 PC adapter status shows a lot of incoming traffic but outgoing traffic stays 0 bytes.
- tried to edit group policy for default location for unidentified network (which is the case on both PCs) to be Private so I could share files
- For "Private" networks, the network discovery is set to ON.

Any ideas?

A:Can't connect two PCs using Ethernet cable any more - Win 10 & Win 7

You cannot connect two computers together using a normal network cable. Normal network cables are wired so that they are straight pass through. You need what's called a crossover cable, as these connect the transmit from one computer to the receive on the other.

These cables are fairly hard to find, so it's usually much easier to simply get a cheap network switch.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11093-cant-connect-two-pcs-using-ethernet-cable-any-more-win-10-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Currently I am at college and we have a wireless network here. Not the best but, it works. Recently I was told that since you need to have a password for the wireless internet and it is pretty slow you cannot access xbox live or online computer games. Both my roommates were able to use my ethernet to connect to the internet and play but, I cannot do that. They have used my cable so i know it works and i have tried more then one hub which means that is not the problem. I have windows XP and am not sure why its not working. All help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

So my computer is almost a year old now. It has been working great now internet problems or anything. Now all of a sudden in the middle of using my internet (though an Ethernet cable) it all of a sudden stops working. I have tried several other cables with no luck. I have also tried sever other jacks(because i am in a college dorm I can get to the router) and It still isnt working. That means that it must be a computer problem. I have also tried restoring my computer and my Wifi does work but to use my computer in my room I need the cable to work.

Any ideas? Please help!

A:Won't connect to internet through Ethernet

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

post an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet.1079841/
Relevancy 67.51%

I ve been having this really strange intermittent problem with not being able to Connect Ethernet Solved: Can't via. use my Solved: Can't Connect via. Ethernet ethernet connection for the past few days now the exact details of the problems seems to keep changing at some point my WiFi started acting up and stopped working too but that s somehow better now Anyways right now I still can t get internet from my ethernet port I have my network cable going from my PC s Ethernet port to my WiFi router and then my cable modem I know it s a problem with my PC because everything else both wired and wifi connected to the router work fine If I look under my Network Connections my Local Area Connection shows quot Network cable unplugged Firewalled quot even though a cable is clearly plugged in there This wasn t the problem before -- it would show quot Connected Firewalled quot but I still wouldn t be able to access the internet Anyways if anybody could help me I d be really grateful This is really bizarre and it s never happened to my computer before Thanks nbsp