Windows Support Forum

Toshiba not even showing Wifi device

Q: Toshiba not even showing Wifi device

Hello! About two weeks ago, my friends computer started bugging out with the wifi. It started when she unexpectedly shut down her computer, when she brought it back up, the wifi symbol wasn't up, so she shut down and restarted her computer correctly; the wifi symbol still isn't appearing. It's showing the symbol for hooking a computer up through ethernet cable. I went to wireless on her computer to see if it was toggled off, but "wifi" isn't appearing at all, it's just showing "bluetooth". The Toshiba is a Satellite C855D-S5104. Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Toshiba not even showing Wifi device

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 55.47%

hello,

iam using windows 7 professional 32 bit. my laptop is hp elitebook 2560. my laptop is capturing signal, i am able to connect to internet also. But in wifi icon,on wifi bar cross mark is showing up.

A:wifi signal bars not showing but connected to wifi

Do you have another user account on this computer? Are you able to see the Network indicator in the notification toolbar on that account? Follow the steps in this documentto create a new user account. If you do find that the icon is in the notification taskbar, you may also use those steps to recover from a corrupted user profile.
Let us know if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366004-wifi-signal-bars-not-showing-but-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 54.18%

OK so I have the asus rampage formula motherboard It comes with some utilities ASUS probe heck mgr) in I device the can (keeps permanently how remove device showing system a for temp readings how the heck can I permanently remove a system device (keeps showing in device mgr) voltages AIBooster and some other stuff how the heck can I permanently remove a system device (keeps showing in device mgr) The only one I installed was ASUS probe because I thought it would be useful however I ll get a BSOD randomly even when not using the asus probe program associated with the driver quot ASACPI sys quot which when I look it up is a driver for the quot ATK ACPI Utility quot in device manager I remove ASACPI sys from my system now no more BSODs but every type I restart the hardware manager comes up asking me to install ATK ACPI Utility I don t want it and can t permanantly get rid of it I even tried going to the windows inf folder found the oem inf file that corresponded to this device deleted it and it still shows up It shows up under device manager under system devices as quot unknown device quot every time I start my computer nbsp

A:how the heck can I permanently remove a system device (keeps showing in device mgr)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-the-heck-can-i-permanently-remove-a-system-device-keeps-showing-in-device-mgr.743268/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, i have an Inspiron 17R, the webcam used to work but now it does not!
Showing not found
Going into the device manager the imput device tag is not there.
Help!
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989930
Relevancy 53.75%

We have some symbol windows mobile-based handheld devices that we use in our business nbsp We connect these devices to our computers to copy files to nbsp This all worked fine until recently the devices failed. Powershot SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based cameras Device MTP showing Canon and and USB code 19 device come up as failed It appears in device manager with a yellow exclamation point Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged nbsp Code I've tried all the solutions I can find on the web and none of them work Including Uninstall the device in device manager and scan for changes nbsp It downloads the driver from windows-update and returns to code Tried hardware troubleshooter which basically seems to automate the process of uninstalling and scanning I've tried removing windows media player feature and adding it back I've tried deleting USB controllers from SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based device and Canon Powershot cameras showing code 19 and MTP USB Device failed. Device Manager and rebooting it re-detects them all and still gets code on the device I've tried deleting upper and lower filter values in the registry which I found out later is mainly for CD DVD devices that didn't fix anything I've tried removing and re-installing Windows Mobile Device Center and driver pack and that did not fix it either Additionally Canon Powershot camera gives us similar results nbsp MTP USB Device failed nbsp This is so far happening on of our workstations that we know of At first we thought it was due to windows updates but nothing recent has been installed that looks related and we installed all available updates on a laptop with a fresh install of windows and it does not exhibit this problem nbsp We also thought it might be Forefront Endpoint Protection as we just started installing that about weeks ago nbsp However that was also installed on the laptop with the fresh copy of Windows and did not cause any problems We've run out of options other than to try a repair install of windows which I'd like to avoid especially if this turns up on more than the computers

A:SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based device and Canon Powershot cameras showing code 19 and MTP USB Device failed.

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Do you have Kaspersky installed? Kaspersky Filter driver caused that any USB device could not connect.

It is suggested to have a look at the following registry. Make a backup of it and remove the Upperfilters setting:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}

“Upperfilters” = klfltdrv

If the issue persists, please find a working machine and compare the registry settings.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support
in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
[email protected]

Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f424e04a-818b-415c-b3ec-1fbc6507f806/solvedwindows-mobilebased-device-and-canon-powershot-cameras-showing-code-19-and-mtp-usb-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

my USB device which connecting me to the internet does not work and I searched about it in the device manager it appears under the cd-rom device and other two devices below the cd-rom with"!' sign then I have deleted the cd-rom drivers .

Can some give me a link to download the cd-rom driver and help to make my USB device working?
About the drivers I did not see my Qosmio kind in the driver list it has written at the back of the Qosmio F16-14Q.

Please help me

A:Qosmio F16-14Q - USB internet device showing ! in device manger

I don?t know which USB device do you use but if it doesn?t work you must have driver for this certain device. Toshiba doesn?t support third part hardware so try please to talk with your internet provider and ask for help.

One other thing: I don?t know where you have bought your Qosmio but I presume it was offered in Pakistan. The right support page should be http://asia.toshiba.com/pakistan

As far as I know optical disc drive uses standard Microsoft driver so you will not find driver for CD-rom drive.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70551-Qosmio-F16-14Q-USB-internet-device-showing-!-in-device-manger
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a XPS i QHD purchased refurbished from rd party recently installed clean W The Dell tool indicates to me that I should be installing Network Driver WD T WN A EXE Installing I get failure log at the bottom Via Device Manager as mentioned the WiFi adapter under Network is not there scanning for hardware changes does not help I have tried manually installing inf files but I don t get any options under quot Model quot when nbsp I try to install it through legacy hardware I m starting to think nbsp the Wifi Bluetooth component is either faulty or entirely missing from the vendor nbsp I have not opened it up and wouldn t know how / WiFi in Drivers not Device Manager, install WiFi can't Bluetooth to diagnose this myself WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers I ve attached a separate wifi dongle which works as does connecting to Ethernet via nbsp a USB adapter Any other ideas of what it could be Thanks --- nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers N A miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers N A nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe quot vLOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp quot quot nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp ASCII payload log file detected nbsp Installation log file for quot DW WLAN Card quot Log Starts on Date - - Time GetOSInfo Detected Windows GetOSInfo Product Type Business PreInstallSetup Using ini file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp A - D - -BF A- F F DD B - - -BC -A BF bcmwls ini Using inf file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp BcmWLSetup Drivers WinThresh WL bcmwdi inf Installation root C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card OEM is Dell Driver interface is PCI HW detection for installer ResultCode Hardware id is not found in driver inf Either the device is not present or the device is not supported InstallShield script aborting Entering function CreateEventLog Exiting function CreateEventLog Log ends on Date - - Time nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp logo png nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Network Driver WD T WN A txt nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C NEWFOL miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o ... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963521
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there I have an HP dv notebook which about an year ago began having not Wireless Device showing on Manager device serious screen problems It went black and nothing made it come back even though Windows still booted sounds came up and everything After almost an year repairing and Intel motherboards later the technician found out the problem was on the dedicated graphics card memory and put an AMD motherboard on my notebook which didn't have dedicated graphics memory anymore So now my notebook is recognized by HP automatic product detection as Wireless device not showing on Device Manager a dv us one Plus my graphics card is now shown as a GeForce Go I bought it as a GeForce GS Since then the PC has been working flawlessly except for now Last night I was using the notebook turned it off and went to sleep Now I turned it on once again it simply can't detect the wireless device It's like it doesn't exists I never changed the position of the notebook or anything to say the card moved or something internally I check the Device Manager and there's no sign of the adapter It only shows the local ethernet adapter wired connection working flawlessly as I'm writing right now from it and bluetooth adapter And yes the light on the wireless switch on my notebook is blue which means turned on I tried putting it to off orange and then on again blue but it doesn't works All that happens is that windows quot disconnected quot sound like when you remove an USB device when I turn it off I have tried downloading the drivers from HP support webpage but it also doesn't work Not even automatic hardware detection detects it I have no idea what to do Please please someone give me an useful tip for this one Thanks

A:Wireless device not showing on Device Manager

Weird one. Could u try a system restore to a previous good working state? Given all that you've done -- correctly -- I wonder if the internal wireless card is simply kaput? Could you perhaps purchase a usb wireless dongle such as:
http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7718...3328140&sr=1-3

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83515-wireless-device-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I ve been scouring the newsgroups for answers to the following problem and have tried everything showing 'Unknown as Device Device' USB2 suggested to no avail My USB Pen Drive was working fine until yesterday It now shows as unknown device and windows reports USB2 Device showing as 'Unknown Device' that it may not function correctly It doesn t work at all However I took it to work with me and on a USB PC it worked well When I returned home I tried again in my PC to no avail I then tried uninstalling Root Hubs and Controllers and the like from Device Manager as suggested in many newsgroups and the thing sprang back into life However as soon as the Enhanced USB driver is detected the pen drive vanishes and the unknown device returns I ve been into safe mode I ve tried to delete the VID keys from the USB section of the registry which won t delete even though I log in as the administrator and I ve removed all USB devices and then uninstalled all hubs from Devce Manager and let them reinstall themselves I now have my Pen Drive working in I assume mode by means of disabling the enhanced host controller As soon as it is re-enabled I lose my Pen Drive and return to Unknown Device XP says that my Enhanced Controller has no problems Please help - everything was fine on Monday and a restore does no good at all Why can I not delete the VID keys Thanks in advance Daz nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Replaced the wireless nic in a presario v6000 running windows 7. Cannot see device in device manager. External wireless adapter works but would really like the internal card to function. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Device not showing in Device manager

What are the steps you took to perform the installation? Did you install drivers? Is it enabled in BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/device-not-showing-in-device-manager-564310.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I am connecting my Toshiba satellite to my Samsung TV via a HDMI via a converter box. The Tosh does not have HDMI so I put the VGA into the converter box. I can get various combinations of laptop screen view, PC screen on TV only but cannot get both the toshiba and TV to mirror each other. It seems to come on together for a moment then goes to a blue tV screen. Any suggestions? Jon

A:Toshiba Satellite Fn F5 not showing 2 screens

Quote:

Samsung TV via a HDMI via a converter box

What is the make and model # of the converter box? How does it connect to the computer? (ex) VGA, DVI, USB? Is there a driver for the device? Does it have specific software that is installed that you can choose the TV from?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-fn-f5-not-showing-2-screens-637787.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Just got a new computer, running windows 7 64bit. I have a 640g toshiba external harddrive that I have been trying to use on my computer, but it won't show up. When I plug it in, it lights up, but cannot be found in "my computer" or under "device manager." I've tested the external harddrive on my old laptop and on two friends PCs, all of which will properly identify and allow the external to be used.

For some reason my new computer is refusing to identiy/ allow me to use it.

Help plz

A:Toshiba External Harddrive not showing up

Have you tried using a different USB port or different devices on this new computer to see if it may just be a defect? Ie?f you have tried those things and other devices work but the hard drive still does not, Does it show tat windows is installing drivers for the hard drive or does it do nothing when plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-external-harddrive-not-showing-up.1063363/
Relevancy 49.88%

macine has 64 mc sodram

I fitted a extra 64 mb sodram 3rd party to a tosiba satelite 25 20 all went well but it is not sowing at boot or in windows
do I have to enable in the bios and if so how do I get into the bios
any help please

A:toshiba 2520 not showing memory

If the memory is in correctly and works it will show automatically. You don't have to do anything.

So, either it is bad, or is not installed all the way.

Is the original 64 removable? If so, you may want to take it out and put the new chip in its place to test it.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech

http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-2520-not-showing-memory.34132/
Relevancy 49.45%

my laptoop is not showing any available networks in networking. the device seems to be working properly according to windows device manager. recently have run some anti-spyware, reg cleaners etc. system seems to be running well, better than ever, but now can't find networks. any ideas out there?

A:Toshiba Satellite not showing wireless networks

What are the system specs? and which windows you are running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-not-showing-wireless-networks.142830/
Relevancy 49.45%

Good afternoon. I have a Toshiba Laptop, model C55D with 4gb of Ram. It has started running very slow, especially when loading a web page. In the lower left corner it shows a lot of things going on, not sure what to call them. I saw one that said adclick. It goes by so fast I can't read them. There's so many that it takes a while. I've run Malwarebytes, CCleaner and superantispyware. I'm using Charter Security Suite and it cannot find a virus. I honestly can't figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Toshiba Laptop is slow with a lot of activity showing

Hi have you right clicked your task bar and gone in control panel and the programs and features look for that adclick and if you did not install it then remove it and see it your laptop starts quicker.
Have you downloaded any new programs that come as a bundle as it may of come with that.
if you did see if the date you installed your new program is the same as the adclick also see if there is any others showing that you don't remember putting in.
Once you have removed them rerun CCleaner and that should remove all the obsolete files

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/68630-toshiba-laptop-slow-lot-activity-showing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hello,

I got an old Toshiba Satellite running Windows Me. It has a Belkin PC PCMCIA/PC card that has worked on my neighbors network with the same computer.

The router says that the laptop is registered with DHCP and the LED on the card also says that the connection is functioning, so does the software. however, I can't ping the router or go on the internet!

One thing that is odd though is that even though I provided the correct WPA-PSK TKIP password and the card supports it, the software says: "Key Absent".

Does anybody have an idea as to what the problem could be?
Appreciate the help,

kingair_six

A:Old Toshiba not to go on WiFi

Try just WPA security and see if the connection works

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-toshiba-not-to-go-on-wifi.103711/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a new laptop Toshiba Tecra running Xp. It right out of the box. When I turned on the wireless network button it it showed 2 other networks and SSID which I persum is mine, but not my wireless network. Mine is working fine. My Toshiba Qosmio G25 and Wii hooks up no problems.
AM I missing a step with this computer so it can see my network?
I know there is a bunch of people with the almost same question and I read some of the answers but Im still with out. I need to get hooked up so I can update it..

REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP.
D.

Relevancy 49.02%

so i have a toshiba satelite a215 with a atheros wireless card in it. unfortunately they are built in to toshibas. now my problem started happening about three weeks ago. it was having trouble finding the network adapter or any of the wireless networks around me. Keep in mind i am in an appartment complex that most people don't secure their own internet. It started not picking up anything. and so i reset my modem and my wireless router to think that was the problem. it worked for once. and the next time it happend i had just got done installing updates to the computer. after using windows restore i had still got unable to find any wireless points. it is getting more and more annoying and more and more servere. just wondering if anyone could help me. anything would be greatly appreciated.

V/R

A:toshiba wifi woes. PLEASE HELP

Hi -

Have you updated the driver for the Atheros wifi card? Also go into Device manager and un-install ALL found under the Network branch, then re-boot; Vista will re-install the driver upon boot-up.
START | devmgmt.msc

I want to get a look at the wifi signal strengths and get an ipconfig. Download the attached zip file and extract the batch script file to your desktop. Got to desktop, RIGHT-click on the batch icon and select Run as Administrator.

2 Notepad text files will open; save them and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-wifi-woes-please-help-369865.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have a Toshiba laptop that i was fixing, i need to just take out the hardware a put it in the same model a Toshiba 6100 as was the one before but now the wireless is not working i checked the bios i add the driver i made sure the hardware was not physical damaged and i tried another shell from the same model line and it still wont pick up but it worked before not it wont even work in the original shell any tips thanks
laptop Toshiba satellite pro 6100
80gb hdd
CDRW/DVD
p4
windows xp(updated)
Updated bios

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

So the problem is that my WiFi somehow doesn't show up on my devices. However, the internet works perfectly fine through ethernet cable for my PC. All my other devices such as my phone and laptop dont see the router even though I have enabled wifi through the router control panel. I also have reset the router manually, updated to recent firmware. My ISP said it might be my computer so I disconnected the cable from the pc to the router and hardwired to another computer, tried that for a day but still no help

I thought it was my router's problem so I exchanged it for the same model (Netgear N300) but the problem still exists. I went back to ask the computer store to test the router's wifi and they said that it worked fine...

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

A:WiFi not showing up

Hello,

Please navigate on your Device Manager, locate Network Adapters, can you see your Wi-Fi adapter? Any symbol on it...? X or ! not needed - bubu...

Updating the Wi-Fi adapter to the latest might also help.

Also, are you using a wireless utility manager or check your Windows WLAN Auto config service if it's enabled/disabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254537-wifi-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Wifi was working fine until our router had a moment where it wasn't working so I switched it off and then on again and everything started working again apart from my laptop. My wifi name is not showing up in the connection box and I've turned my computer on and off switched my internet on and off including the router and none of it is working. Please help me ASAP I need to do my biology essay and it's due in 3 days if you need any extra details please ask

Relevancy 48.59%

I am no able see wifi on my pc settings or in drivers. I tried installing drivers . but it still not showing up. please help.my model : 13-b202tumy OS : windows 10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-not-showing-up/td-p/5733301
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Can any one help me, I have a toshiba ea60-155 laptop. It has developed a problem, when booting it momentarily shows the toshiba logo screen then after a second or two comes up with "check system then press F1". I cannot get into bios, even F1 doesn`t respond, pressing ctrl alt del doesn`t do anything either.
Can anyone please advise me as to what may be the cause.
Thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

Ever since I've been upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, my Toshiba Satellite A665's WiFi has been unstable. Not often or frequently, but randomly there will be points where the wireless connection will flicker, briefly lose the network and reconnect,
suddenly go to limited, or just lose the network and I have to do a troubleshoot and repair to fix it.
What exactly is the problem? How can I fix it?

A:Windows 8 WiFi Problems with Toshiba

Hi,

Firstly, please determine the brand of the wireless network adapter in Device Manager.

In the page, you can filter the drivers by selecting Windows 8 and ?Wi-Fi? in ?Refine Search by? drop boxes; and then dowhload and install the correct driver.

Thanks.Nicholas Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fbdd287b-9eca-4591-b7ed-3bff5816cb8d/windows-8-wifi-problems-with-toshiba?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everybody,

I just bought myself a shiny new Toshiba NB520 running Windows 7 starter 32 bit, and am having trouble getting my wireless internet up and running. I can access the wifi from my phone no problem but my laptop seems to think it doesn't exist. When I want to "Set up a new connection or network/connect to the internet" it asks me "How do you want to connect. Now my only option is to "connect using a cable" which is not what I want to do. As far as I know my wifi is turned on. I have set WLAN settings to automatic and started. Is there something I have missed? Also the laptop will not pick up my phones bluetooth. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

James

A:Toshiba NB520 wifi issues

It would be a good idea to make sure you have the wifi switch on the laptop turned on if there is one. If not it might make use of the "Fn" function keys. FN+F8, and hopefully that is responsive.

Are you able to see any networks looking at the available wireless networks in the task bar?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/149708-toshiba-nb520-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I have a toshiba satellite pro 6100 which works fine on my LAN if I have the network unsecured. But as soon as I switch on the WEP on the router to secure the network it will no longer connect no matter what I do.

I have downloaded a driver update but this does not make any difference at all.
I prompts me for the password but then does nothing. I dont get the message to say "Acquiring Network Address"

Can anyone help with this problem.

regards,
Jonathan.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop (p-750) and a new TP-link TL-WR1043ND router.
The router works fine with my smartphone and Sony PlayStation but my laptop is getting disconnected all the time.

HELP.....

Thanks guys.

A:My Toshiba laptop gets disconnected from wifi

how is your laptop connected to the router - wireless or cable
how often are you getting disconnected

we need to see some further information - quite a long post - but some simple tests, just the explanation is long

Is this the only PC that disconnects - do other devices connected work OK - if so how are they connected to the router - wireless or wired

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

if you are connected by wireless, please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the separate modem, the router is a TP-link TL-WR1043ND

Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the TP-link TL-WR1043ND router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back t... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-gets-disconnected-from-wifi.1079155/
Relevancy 48.16%

We ve got a couple of Toshiba laptops were purchased with the intent of eventually upgrading my router and issues - Not N Toshiba N getting speeds WiFi both have Wireless N b g n adapters I upgraded my wireless router at home and these two laptops only connect at Mbps and Mbps I have two work-issued laptops that connect Toshiba WiFi N issues - Not getting N speeds at just below Mbps IBM ThinkPad and - Mbps Dell without fail which eliminates the router as the issue I contacted Toshiba and they can t help over the phone without an advanced tech Please pay You may need to ship it in where they may hold it for days If they can t fix it they ll refund the - What a crock In my opinion if they are sold as Wireless N capable then they should connect at N-speeds right out of the box without having to involve tech support Any suggestions Is there a software fix Do I need to open it and pull the card to do anything I updated the WiFi drivers from Toshiba s site but they made no difference nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Guys,

I just installed windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite A300 laptop that has Vista on it before. Everything works on it but the wireless won't connect properly, it says the network is public and has no internet connection even tho if i go to the connect to a network it shows me my wireless network. any help would be great.

thanks
ritualjman

A:Toshiba Satellite WiFi problem

You didn't mention which WLAN driver you needed to install. Once you figure that out by looking in Device Manager you can get the driver from the page below.

https://aps.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263515-toshiba-satellite-wifi-problem.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been unable to use my Toshiba Satelite Pro M10 using WiFi in my kitchen. I presumed it was the walls between the Wireless router and the kitchen, however, a friend on mine managed to get a strong signal with his HP laptop.

I then tried a PCMCIA WiFi card in my laptop (assuming the power of the built-in WiFi might be less effective than another card). This card was weaker than the built-in WiFi.

I presume the problem is with the power supplied by the machine (running a Centrino processor). Does anyone have any knowlege on this?

All views/advice highly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-pro-m10-power-of-wifi.249514/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all i have a Toshiba Satellite p60 with inbuilt wifi i have this annoying problem and wonderd if i can stop it every time i put the computer into hibenation it turns off the wifi and when you switch it back on you have to press Fn and F8 To switch it back on this is annoying because if you leave it to long then it takes its time to refind my access point. But if i use standby or shutdown my computer the wireless will come on straight away. Not realey a problem just annoying so has any one have any idears?
I have tryed reinstalling the software and uninstalling it altogether but if i uninstall it the wifi will not work at all!
Thanks for reading and any replys thanks for looking steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-wifi-switching-software.479428/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently got a Toshiba Satellite pro C D-A- brand new to replace my problems Wifi connectivity Toshiba old laptop The first day I used it at home everything was fine connected to my wifi and had good download speeds However now I ve moved back to uni I m having huge problems it takes mins to load a google search streaming video is impossible Various software frequently tells me I m not connected to the Internet whereas my laptop is telling me I am and have strong signal The package we pay for here offers faster speeds than at home and both my housemates can download and stream things rapidly it s just my laptop that has this problem even my smartphone is quicker So far I ve tried disabling uninstalling various software thinking it was an issue with that trying several different browsers scanning for malware a system reboot Wifi connectivity problems Toshiba refreshing the router and resetting it to factory settings None of this had any effect at all I know it s not the best laptop but I seriously Wifi connectivity problems Toshiba think I should at least be able to use the Internet for basic things any help would be great thanks I m massively frustrated nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I just installed Win.7 ultimate 32 bit onto my Toshiba Satellite L645D-SP4015L. I realized that the internet didn't work and so i knew it must have been the drivers. I dl'ed the drivers on another comp. and it still said i couldn't connect. I plugged the ethernet in and it works but no wifi. I also cant install the video drivers. Can someone help me asap??

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, Have tried all options like BIOS reset, drivers installation and everything that forums said, nothing worked out. Also in Device Manager, under "Network Adaptors" there is only "Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection" 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-icon-is-not-showing/td-p/5759460
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi. Since yesterday, whilst I can see that there are wifi networks within range, none of the names are listed. Not a problem when I'm in range of a familiar network, but makes it impossible to connect to any new networks.
At the same time, when I click the power options button, whilst the box is there that should contain the sleep, power off and restart options, no text is visible (although it is still there as if I hover over where sleep is, I can put the laptop to sleep). Does anybody have any advice?
Thanks
Sean

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/available-wifi-names-not-showing-4607995/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have a HP 15-g009ax. Since a few days it has sarted showing Wifi problem. Certain times after restarting the laptop, the wifi doesn't work. Even the Wifi logo doesn't show in the taskbar. At this time the laptop doesn't detect the wifi. Trouble shooting has also not helped, cause it only detects Lan connection. I have tried updating & reinstalling the drivers, but in vain. The wifi starts automatically after unspecific time & restarts. After removing the battery of the laptop & reinstalling it back, the wifi starts working again. Can you please let me know for what should be the problem. Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-detecting-or-showing/td-p/5727735
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi , since I reinstalled windows 7, am not seeing the wifi icon anymore , all I see is the ethernet icon with a red cross , even though am connected to a wifi, here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/2fpmcu , I've tried a lot of tips ,posted in alot of forums , but none helped , I have the network icon enabled on the Notification Area Icons , but still doesnt work, I hope u'll give me a solution here , am already tired of this thing , annoying .
Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-icon-not-showing.199011/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi , since I reinstalled windows 7, am not seeing the wifi icon anymore , all I see is the ethernet icon with a red cross , even though am connected to a wifi, here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/2fpmcu , I've tried a lot of tips ,posted in alot of forums , but none helped , I have the network icon enabled on the Notification Area Icons , but still doesnt work, I hope u'll give me a solution here , am already tired of this thing , annoying .
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-icon-not-showing-please-help.1116527/
Relevancy 47.73%

hello win forum world i have a big problem with my laptop its a TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO L - R its got windows bit running well the problem is to do with the wifi i have unistalled it and loaded ti up a bunch of times downloaded it also satellite (wifi pro Toshiba l450-13r problem) from this site Driver Downloads - Computers Toshiba - Toshiba i Toshiba satellite pro l450-13r (wifi problem) know there is a fault because the laptop sees the routter and gets a signal as i got the bars on the signal sign on the bottom right of my screen but most of the time when i open my brouser it wont even show up google but shows that i have a connection i can get internet no problem if i connect the cable directly into the laptop this is a great laptop other than this problem i know this is a problem because i have tried another toshiba laptop beside mine and it seems to get internet no problem when mine dont but both pcs show that they are connected to the same router and show that same signal that they have any of you guys come across this problem i was thinking of buying this maybe solve the problem but dont want my usb port used up and tis big thing sticking out either TP-Link TL-WN N Mini Mbps WiFi Wireless USB Adapter b g n Windows eBay TP-Link TL-WN N Mini Mbps WiFi Wireless USB Adapter b g n

A:Toshiba satellite pro l450-13r (wifi problem)

When the machine appears to be online but the browser doesn't seem to be working it's usually related winsock being corrupted.

To fix the problem copy/paste the following two command "one at a time" into an Elevated Command Prompt then reboot and test to see if the browser works or not.

Code:
netsh winsock reset catalog

Code:

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324321-toshiba-satellite-pro-l450-13r-wifi-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

in short my friends rebooted his little gil laptop to window xp 2000 and now we cant get the laptop to connect to the wifi its like the laptop doesnt reconise it has a wlan installed so imthinking maybe we lost a driver

ive ogne ito device manager and it say 1394 net adapto and unknown device

any help

A:Toshiba Satellite Pro a200 - Cant get my wifi to work

sounds like a driver issue. Reinstall the drivers for the device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-pro-a200-cant-get-my-wifi-to-work.140272/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have Toshiba Satellite P -a with Windows bit since then upgraded to in Afterwards I installed Norton antivirus earlier this year and everything was working fine About week and half ago I upgraded to Windows Two days ago my laptop suddenly was disconnected from wifi When I opened the network and internet window in control panel the laptop no longer detects the home router but can still detect other routers in the neighborhood We have multiple devices in the home i e phone laptops etc They all can detect and connect to the home router except for my laptop I had tried the following Rebooted the laptop Command prompt ipconfig release and renew Disabled enabled the wireless adapter Intel laptop connecting Toshiba to stopped My wifi N Uninstalled installed the wireless adapter Intel N Attempted to upgrade driver but there is no driver to update I haven t yet attempted to find a driver from the Toshiba website Reset the router Restored to a previous point to the last time the laptop was connected to wifi Stopped and restarted the WLAN Autoconfig in Task Manager its set to Automatic I it possible it might be a security suite issue or driver issue or windows nbsp

A:My Toshiba laptop stopped connecting to wifi

Uninstall Norton and run Symantec's Removal Tool. You can reinstall it after testing.

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Toshiba's web site. If that one does not help try the one directly from Intel's site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-stopped-connecting-to-wifi.1155206/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite A205-S7443 and it had windows vista in it and I got windows XP put into it and now I can't get my Wireless card to work. I know it needs a Wi-Fi Driver but I can't find one. Can anybody help?
I have tried support.toshiba.com and cant find the right driver
Thanks,

Mancow

A:Toshiba A205 S7443 WiFi Drivers

Toshiba's website is sometimes a pain to navigate.

Try This Driver from their site, it's for XP and is listed as compatible with your laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a205-s7443-wifi-drivers.819070/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there

I am new on the forum and would like to say hello to all users!

London/Uk, ...was moving to a place with WLan access only, BT service+hardware in place//my Laptop doesn't recognize any network signal//internal mini pci card is a card bus controller from Texas Instr. PCI-1410//the PC has a Fast infrared port//XP Pro installed...saying device is working properly//would like to upgrade using internal mini Wifi card again//...any suggestions are highly appreciated...!

A:Toshiba Satellite 5205-704 / US product / Wifi Lan

Try new drivers. Do you not see any networks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-5205-704-us-product-wifi-lan.72992/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop, and am trying to connect to wifi, but often can't get connected, and often can't even see my home network on Available Networks. When I do see my network, I am getting an excellent signal, but still can not connect sometimes.
Router is a Linksys WRT160N. The Toshiba is Windows 7 Home Premium. Any thoughts?

A:Connecting to wifi from Toshiba Satellite A505

I know I am having serious issues with my netbook and my wireless network. I can't figure out how to fix it, except to go downstairs and reset my wireless router. My work laptop and others connect just fine, it's only a problem with my netbook.

Have you tried resetting the router and see if it connects right away?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-to-wifi-from-toshiba-satellite-a505.143356/
Relevancy 47.73%

Downloaded windows 10 a few months ago, realize my wifi wasnt working so i been using ethernet. Ethernet cable has been getting in the way of some stuffs.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-Wifi-showing-up-after-windows-10-update/td-p/5787568
Relevancy 47.73%

i dual booted my hp pavilion 15ab522tx with kali linux wifi is not showing and even sound i tried install compact wirelessbut it is does not show any network and as soon as i log out wifi disappears again                                   

A:wifi not showing kali linux

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome! HP computers (most of them) are designed with Microsoft and Windows in mind. They do not officially support Linux due to lack of tests, HP propretiery and tested drivers, etc... As you probably know, Linux is different from Windows and FOSS drivers here come from the kernel itself. If wi-fi or sound adapter is not recognized OR if it does not function well, it may be due to lack of proper and tested drivers in the kernel. I can advice you try with different still supported Kernel versionsor post in the Linux community >> https://www.kali.org/community/ Kali is special Linux-based operating system not typically used by novice Linux users and not typically run on daily bases. You may also try the most common Linux-based OS Ubuntu or Linux Mint.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/wifi-not-showing-kali-linux/td-p/5814375
Relevancy 47.73%

I am using Windows 7 and I have my Administrator account and a Guest account. I had a friend visiting me and I had him use the Guest account when he wanted on the computer.

Today, I went into the Guest account, and the wifi is not showing up. It was working when my friend was using it. I went back to my Administrator account and the wifi is working fine there.

When I try to access the internet under the Guest account but of course it will not connect. I tried the troubleshooter but it did not help. I went to Control Panel and Networking but was not able to find a way to get the wifi to turn on in the Guest account.

Anyone know how I can get the wifi turned on in the Guest account when it is up and running fine under the main Administrator account?

A:Wifi not showing up in Guest account

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you tried to manually add your SSID under Guest Account?
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-connec...eless-networks

I'd try creating a new Guest or a Standard User Account see if that helps.
Create a user account

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286072-wifi-not-showing-up-guest-account.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Good day I have a big problem at my laptop HP 255 G1 running Windows 8 64 Bit OS  Wifi Adapter had been vanished for no reason although i have resetted the laptop in its factory settings  I recently downloaded all the required drivers but no change has been made In addition when i try to install the Wifi Adapter Driver a message appears on my screen stating that device has been either removed or uninstalled therefore installation cant be completed  I have used every single possible option to figure out what is going on but unfortunately i havent received any feedback  Could you please assist ?  Thank you in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Not-SHowing-HP255-G1-Windows-8/td-p/5725209
Relevancy 47.73%

i just got a new router, my brother helped me set it up
this router creates 2 wifi network, one named A, the other one named B.
A is faster than B (i don't know why)
on my ipad or phone or any mobile devices, i see both networks
but on my windows 7 PC, i only see B (the slower one)
so where is A? i need this faster one, why does it show up on mobile devices but not on my Windows 7 PC?
when he set up the router, he said to me that the website (routerlogin.net - where you can set up your router, put password, etc) says "A is available for Mac and B is available for Windows PC". is this the reason?
but what about mobile devices, they can connect to both networks,
please help, thanks

A:WiFi network is not showing up on Windows 7

Other than the router's setup software, routers typically don't care about the OS of the machines connecting to it. But they do require that connecting devices operate on the protocols that it supports. If network A is running 802.11n and network B is 802.11g, and your PC can only do 802.11g, you will only be able to see B. If your PC can do 802.11n then you would likely see both.

What's the make/model of your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233456-wifi-network-not-showing-up-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i install a new window and my wifi icon not showing on taskbar....is it a drivver problem??? i install drivers but wifi icon is not showing and in settings "there is no device" i m using windows 8. my laptop hp 15 notebook pc

A:wifi icon not showing on my taskbar

Hi Right click the Windows button (Start Menu), and select Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the Notification Area tab.In the Systems Icons area, ensure that the Network checkbox is selected.Click Apply, then Ok.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-icon-not-showing-on-my-taskbar/td-p/4639584
Relevancy 47.73%

My Wi-Fi network is showing that it is on and connected to my devices. But it is not working correctly. Any advice on how to get it fixed? I have already attempted to turn it off and back on and unplug and replug in the router and modem.

A:Wifi network showing up but not working

Welcome!

Can you be more specific please? What do you mean by not working correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-showing-up-but-not-working.1114411/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently upgraded my girlfriend's computer from Windows Vista to Windows Professional bit Everything seemed to be working fine but when she opened up Skype for the first time she found that Skype no longer recognized her microphone In fact when I go to the audio manager the microphone shows up as a device but doesn't recognize any of the sounds I make I was wondering what the problem is with this is it a problem with Windows is she missing a driver or what The computer is a Toshiba Satellite M -S Here are the specs Memory GB PC DDR MHz SDRAM Display Size quot widescreen Display Type WXGA with TruBrite Technology Display Resolution Help Sound Device Toshiba x Supports p content Graphics Engine Intel Graphics Media Accelerator MHD Graphics Memory MB- MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory Hard Drive GB HDD rpm Optical Drives DVD-SuperMulti -R double layer with Labelflash drive supporting up to formats Webcam Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel FM Tuner with Antenna No FM Tuner with Antenna Wireless LAN Intel Wi-Fi Link AGN a g n Bluetooth No Bluetooth No Antenna Inputs and Controls touch pad pointing device Media button CD DVD Buttons Play Pause Stop Prev Track Next Track Mute button key US keyboard LAN Ethernet LAN Audio Microphone jack mono Headphone jack stereo harman kardon stereo speakers Built-in microphone S P DIF output port shared with headphone port AC Adapter W V A Auto-sensing - V - Hz input Battery Li-Ion mAh PC Express Slot -ExpressCard Slot Media S P DIF output port shared with headphone port -in- Bridge Media Adapter USB Ports -eSATA USB combo port with Sleep and Charge -USB ports with Sleep and Charge iLINK i LINK IEEE-

A:Toshiba Sound Device Help

Sound recording is not recognised just in Skype? Did you try to record sound in Windows(With Sound Recorder)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/152027-toshiba-sound-device-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to get my iPhone to show on my pc it worked one day and now is not found in computer,devices or USBIve done all the steps to correct it I've even been to the apple store and they gave me a 4 page list to uninstall it and still nothingI e also tried to repair I tunes and got fed up and had the pc in the shop,the technician got his iPhone to show up but mine still doesn I went back to the apple store and they did a hardware update and now I have no music and still not found on my pc.Please help me

A:Help with device not showing

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
Please do a full AV scan
Download and full scan malwarebytes, update first.
Malwarebytes freeware

If clean do sfc scan:-

System Files - SFC Command

If problems found run 3 times. Please post results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288319-help-device-not-showing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings, in the past when I plugin a USB device (in this case a Galaxy Tab) it would show up under my Windows Explorer. Now, for some reason it is now showing up, as if the USB device were not plugged in (see screenshot).

However I know it is plugged in; in fact, when I plug it in the 2-tone alert sounds which confirms the USB device is plugged in. It just doesn't show up in Windows Explorer so that I can move a file to it. Does anyone know how to get it to show up?

A:USB Device Not Showing Up

Have a look in Storage Management. From the picture right click "My Computer/Manage/Storage/Disk Management.

Is it in there? What does it say about the USB device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205699-usb-device-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My friend has a toshiba satellite L645D-S4040. I reinstalled windows 7 on his laptop but when I tried reinstalling the wifi driver it wouldn't work. I tried the realtek, the broadcom, and the atheros, and uninstalled each before I tried a new one. I even rermoved the wifi card and reinserted it, and that did nothing. I reinstalled win7 again and tried all of the above and still nothing happened. What could be wrong here? thanks!

A:Toshiba satellite wifi driver wont install?

Is there a hardware button on the laptop to enable the wifi adapter? You may need to press Fn + F8 key combination to enable the wireless adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/244242-toshiba-satellite-wifi-driver-wont-install.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Please help I know very little about computers Please excuse me if I explain things wrong and use incorrect terminology I hadn t used my laptop for a while and yesterday it didn t come on when I tried to turn it on I ended up taking out the battery then holding down the power button for seconds The laptop worked fine after that and I was able to access the Internet When I went to shut it down it said that it had updates to install so I told it to install the updates and shut off when it was done When I started it up today it seemed slow to get to the Toshiba screen It looked liked it was still installing updates which I found odd because it had shut itself down yesterday after installing all of them I thought I shut it down again after the updates or whatever that was had completed and I was able to access one site very briefly However now I can t access the Internet at all The Internet Explorer page comes up for a few seconds and then closes again to the Toshiba page When I check my connection it says that the Wifi is connected I can t figure out why I can t access the Internet Please help Edited to add that I it's to the won't My connected Toshiba even though laptop Wifi Internet connect to m using Windows Also My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi I just tried to scan with Norton but the scan won t work nbsp

A:My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-its-connected-to-wifi.1138598/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have Toshiba laptop L305d s5900 and the problem I cannot connect to Internet wireless and tried restore , device manager, remove battery and restart several times. My wifi icon is not lightning up and my wifi icon doesn't look like a signal bar it looks like a box with a small plug and only able to connect wired .I went to device managers and look under device managers/Network adapters and there are realtek pci family controller. I think there supposed to be a adapter there also but there isn't. i went to Toshiba website to install drivers and when i did nothing happened. Some help please

Relevancy 47.3%

I didnt know if this should be Satelite Toshiba Wifi support Solved: issue. in the Network or Hardware forum but i ll try posting here I have a Toshiba satelite C - H and since i need bluetooth i swapped the Realtek RTL CE wifi adapter for an Intel Centrion Now Solved: Toshiba Satelite Wifi support issue. i have bluetooth working fine but i can t get wifi working drivers installed nicely but i cant switch it on off using Fn F and the intel program that came with the drivers says quot Hardware Radio switch is off quot I tried swapping back for my old wifi card and then magically wifi shows up in the Fn quot Flash Cards quot with no drivers installed for that card or anything but when i use the intel card i have no wifi among the quot Flash Cards quot the F slot for wifi on off isnt there at all Is there any way i can force the wifi switch on i ll even hard wire past it if i have to the latest bios i found for the C is and thats the one i have installed Seems other toshibas had problems with the intel cards they were delivered with and that issue was fixed with a bios update to x I am also curious to know how it detects a wifi card since the wifi switch appears again if i swap back for my old one I ve noticed the intel card has less pins on the mini pci-e connector Maybe i could bridge something to trick it nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba Satelite Wifi support issue.

I moved your thread from Networking to Hardware. All I know about installing a different integrated wireless adapter into a laptop is that often it won't even boot with the "foreign" hardware, sometimes works OK, and may give mixed results (as you are getting).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satelite-wifi-support-issue.1027225/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Folks A colleague passed me his poorly laptop the Toshiba C - C of the title as he is unable to connect to the internet after the re-installation of Windows HP -bit Story so far His computer was slow - full of junk and stuff - so he asked me if I had a Win disk for him to start again with a clean install I provided him with a disk and the re-installation went without a hitch - except now there aren't any drivers for the Ethernet NIC or WiFi and Satellite WiFi Toshiba LAN and C660 Problem Driver so he is unable to connect by either wired connection or wireless I've had a look and can't figure out what the problem is Device manager doesn't give any info - nothing like 'Realtek PCIe EE Family Controller' Toshiba Satellite C660 WiFi and LAN Driver Problem or 'Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC' that appear on my wife's Toshiba C Also there is no 'Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter' not sure if that is needed There is no description at all of the hardware I have found from the Toshiba UK website the following drivers and installed them but still no joy The Network Device ID Registry Setting Tool Realtek Semiconductor Corporation LAN Driver Toshiba Wireless LAN Indicator and Toshiba Hardware Setup I went with the Realtek drivers as the Toshiba website lists these as -bit The NICs may be Atheros but the only drivers I could find for them were -bit will they still work on a -bit OS - and these were on Toshiba Australia's support site Several websites have links for what seem to be the correct drivers - but these take you to a German site and return a error Any help gratefully received Otherwise it seems my colleague has bricked his pc Cheers Zaph Oh I've also contacted Toshiba UK via email but hrs later and still no response Are they likely to reply Machine originally shipped with Windows Vista and CoA on the underside of the machine is unreadable

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/385064-toshiba-satellite-c660-wifi-lan-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys Posting this for my brother who s laptop I have at the moment trying to fix his wifi but I m completely stuck so I thought I d finally sign Laptop Intermittent Toshiba Problems Wifi Sudden up here He has a Toshiba Satellite a - m on windows vista home Toshiba Laptop Sudden Intermittent Wifi Problems edition His laptop has suddenly stopped connecting to the internet through wifi at his house but can connect perfectly well through ethernet It can connect to the wifi itself but constantly just says limited connectivity So I tried the usual fixes checked his hardware drivers removed all wireless networks and tried reconnecting it and then I even tried a TCP IP Stack repair but no luck Oddly enough it connected fine for a few hours the other day but that seemed like an odd blip I know the wifi works fine as I m running my laptop through it fine and have used all of my old windows based laptops through that connection on multiple occasions There is no firewall turned on the router and the security settings are pretty standard so it must be a connection issue on his laptops end Anyway here is the relevant IPConfig from his laptop Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel lt R gt WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- - -E -E DHCP Enabled Yes Auto configuration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc c e c lt preffered gt Auto configuration IPv Address lt Preffered gt Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DVID - - - - - E-E - - - - - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled The only other thing I can think is that he runs a Hamachi network through his laptop and maybe that is interfering with his Wifi internet connection Any help would be greatly appreciated guys nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

this is ipconfig of my toshiba a sattalite laptop i m so sad i can t find correct driver can anyone help me in this problem pls my email id is lt removed by moderator gt pls help me Microsoft can find not driver toshiba correct a300 wifi Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users nafy gt cd C Users gt cd C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name nafy-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Nokia E USB Modem Nokia Suite Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Nokia E USB Modem Nokia Suite Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS can not find toshiba a300 wifi correct driver Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - E- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter can not find toshiba a300 wifi correct driver Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - A- C- E-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes can not find toshiba a300 wifi correct driver IPv Address e e Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e fe f a f d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe fe f a f d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP E... Read more

A:can not find toshiba a300 wifi correct driver

i have removed your email address for two reasons
1) all support is to kept on the forum
2) any email is harvest by the search robots and used for spam

i can not see the wireless adapter - so a few things

exact model of the toshiba PC - so we can find the driver on the toshiba website
can we see a device manager screen shot

does it work if connected to the router by cable ?
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

-----
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f136/how-to-use-windows-device-manager-655905.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-find-toshiba-a300-wifi-correct-driver.1069824/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite L875D and it will not connect to my home network. I have use a CenturyLink provided cable 660 Series Modem connected to an Apple Time Capsule router / back up drive. When "connected" to my home network it shoes full bars but is "limited". I have also tried connecting directly to the modem and the router with no luck. My iMac, iPad, all the families iPhones and two other older laptops run perfectly with this set up. Only my new laptop running Windows 8 is having this problem. As a result I can't update to Windows 8.1.

I have limited computer skills (as far as diagnosing and troubleshooting something like this) but any help would be appreciated.

Chris

A:Windows 8 Toshiba Satellite L875D will not connect to WiFi

Originally Posted by chrismug23

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite L875D and it will not connect to my home network. I have use a CenturyLink provided cable 660 Series Modem connected to an Apple Time Capsule router / back up drive. When "connected" to my home network it shoes full bars but is "limited". I have also tried connecting directly to the modem and the router with no luck. My iMac, iPad, all the families iPhones and two other older laptops run perfectly with this set up. Only my new laptop running Windows 8 is having this problem. As a result I can't update to Windows 8.1.

I have limited computer skills (as far as diagnosing and troubleshooting something like this) but any help would be appreciated.

Chris

I'm not sure why the wireless isn't working on your Toshiba L875D.

Toshiba has a special page to help walk you through the upgrade to Windows 8.1. You should use a wired connection for this.

How to Update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38818-windows-8-toshiba-satellite-l875d-will-not-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Whenever i connect to wifi it is showing limited access, can anyone please provide solutions please.  Think i need to update wifi drivers!!!!!

A:Wifi connection showing limitd access

Dear Customer, Try this first: Use the HP Guided SolutionLet us guide you through the solution   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection-showing-limitd-access/td-p/5851035
Relevancy 47.3%

hi there i recently after working not not wifi virus? internet showing up, had to wipe my harddrive on my laptop and reinstall windows due to a particularly bad virus lo and behold after reinstalling XP my antena was not registering with the computer the light indicating that the antena is on works but when i open the network connection window there is no section for wireless i ve tried reinstalling the driver for the antena but to no avail XP isnt recognizing it second issue that someone might be more educated on than me i encountered another virus the google redirect and a rookkit several wifi not showing up, internet not working after virus? weeks after the reinstallation of windows i was able to run combofix on the laptop and remove the viruses but now internet explorer will not open when i try and connect with my landline i get a little error box telling me that quot windows cannot connect to the specified path device or file you may not have the appropriate permissions to acces the file quot - - tried reinstalling but the installation was cancelled because files were missing or i had malicious software after running combofix i did notice that the file proquota exe was listed as missing but was able to copy and paste it from another computer would that affect my internet like this any help would really be appreciated i really REALLY dont have to wipe the drive again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265138/wifi-not-showing-up-internet-not-working-after-virus/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm just curios, when looking at the list of WiFi connections available to connect to in WIN7, I see one that says: DeviceSerialNumberLogger.

Any idea what this is?

A:Weird thing showing up in available WiFi connections

Could be that somebody in your area assigned an SSID of DeviceSerialNumberLogger to their WiFi router or access point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-thing-showing-up-in-available-wifi-connections.1123660/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,My wifi connection keep shutting me out with limited access error. Please help me to solve this problem. Tried updating the drivers, tried with troubleshooting too. Still getting the same problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-keeps-disconnecting-or-showing-limited-access/td-p/5783035
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum just signed up Have a question to ask but will also hang around and contribute where I can Basically I am running Windows x on my Toshiba WiFi Windows DialUp VPN showing above connections 8.1 and work latop In my job I literally have hundreds of VPN and Dial Up connections that I use regularly to allow VPN and DialUp connections showing above WiFi Windows 8.1 me remote access to various systems With the Windows 'Networks' panel that slides in from the right when you click on the network icon in the system tray all of my VPN's and Dial Up connections are listed above any available wireless networks Whilst this does not affect my VPN and DialUp connections showing above WiFi Windows 8.1 ability to connect to the VPN and DialUp connections showing above WiFi Windows 8.1 networks it is a pain having to scroll to the bottom of the list when I am out on site and using a touch pad I was wondering if anyone was aware of anything that could allow me to display wireless networks WiFi above VPN's and Dial Up networks Connections Maybe a registry tweak or similar I will attach a screenshot of the Panel for clarification I have re-installed windows this week due to an unrelated issue hence why there is only ten or so of the hundreds of connections I use visible Thanks in advance for any Help and Advice Paul

A:VPN and DialUp connections showing above WiFi Windows 8.1

I figured this was a long shot

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/62777-vpn-dialup-connections-showing-above-wifi-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I had an usual experience last weekend while traveling The hotel wifi network LaQuinta that I was trying to connect to with my laptop wasn t showing in the list of available wifi networks I was able to connect with my iPhone my wife s showing available WIFI not in Strongest list. Network iPhone and also a netbook that I carry as a back up It was clear looking at the netbook that the hotel s network was the strongest local signal it was the only network to show up on the phones but on the laptop which was showing the other wifi s that the netbook detected it wasn t there This is a Dell laptop running Win SP I tried restarting the Strongest WIFI Network not showing in available list. computer several times I deleted a couple of profiles LaQuinta and La Quinta that had been created when I visited other hotels I ve never stayed at this particular one before I used the command prompt and the Netsh tool to look for any filters there weren t any and LaQuinta didn t show up in the list of networks there either In the end somewhat surprisingly the hotel also had a wired connection in the room so I used that and went back to work Does anyone know what was going on in case this happens again I m stumped nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am running Windows XP Pro and cannot figure out what this unknown device is. The driver instance id is: ACPI\TOS620A\2&DABA3FF&0

Any suggestions,

Thanks

A:Toshiba Tecra S4 - Unknown Device

Power Management - go to Toshiba's website and download the latest power management drivers for your laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-tecra-s4-unknown-device.555777/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok I seem to be stuck in a never ending loop I deleted Easy CD writer from my laptop and somehow this has messed with my cd drives device driver So I look on the Toshiba website and it says that there are no device drivers for Windows XP users because Win XP and my cd drive are I guess naturally compatible Now I ve tried the whole remove the cd drive and reinstall so that it will reload driver but when it reloads I still get same Code error I ve tried rolling back driver and there is nothing to roll-back to I ve tried updating driver but I get the Code error that device driver is damaged or corrupted I ve tried looking on the net for a device driver but sc-r8102 driver device Toshiba alas since Toshiba never made one then there isn t one to download I thought maybe I can just re-install windows but again cd drive doesn t work Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated in helping me solve this debacle Of course I m running Win XP OS and the cd drive is a Toshiba sc-r Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-sc-r8102-device-driver.34642/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am using a TOSHIBA A200-12X laptop with VISTA. Recently I have noticed that the system recognize the printer and scanner and mouse on USB 2.0 ports but do not recognize my camera (Olympus) or do not recognize my NOKIA E90 phone. This is quite surprising because it did not happen with all equipments.
If you have some ideas about that thsi sould be very hepfull.

A:Toshiba does not allways recognize USB device

Hi prgmz,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Do you know when this problem began (you said recently)? Try a System Restore to a point in time BEFORE the problem began. Here's the procedure: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html. Be sure to check the box to show more than 5 days of restore points. If the first attempt fails, then try an earlier point or two. NOTE: You will have to re-install any software and updates you installed between now and the restore point, but you can use Windows Update for the updates.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/286991-toshiba-does-not-allways-recognize-usb-device.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Toshiba laptop & running WinXP. I plugged in an external storage device & the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon shows up on the taskbar, but there storage itself is nowhere to be found.

In addition to this problem, my CD/DVD-R is not reading ANYTHING. Is this related?

Relevancy 46.87%

My girlfriend recently found out that her laptop was supposed to be a touchscreen device, but has not been able to use the functionality. I went thru a few troubleshooting steps to try and potentially fix the problem but the touchscreen doesn't even show up on the Device Manager under HID. I have been trying to find some potential drivers for the touchscreen for this device but I have not had any luck. Are there any drivers? Could the screen have been replaced with a non touch one and windows is recognizing it and doesn't even allow for the drivers to be used? TIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HID-not-showing-up-in-Device-Manager/td-p/5735900
Relevancy 46.87%

Even after my device is not in my possession at the time, it is still showing up on the other PC. I want to know how to stop my Laptop from sharing and connecting with other PC.

Thanks

WAX

A:My Laptop is showing up as a device on other PC

It will always, unless you go into Advanced Sharing options and disable the feature to advertise your computer on the network. Along with Password protecting Folder Sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66907-my-laptop-showing-up-device-other-pc.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been using my TV as a second monitor for some time, but just as of today its sound cut out. When I go into Sound Card settings it does not appear as a device at all. I have tried restarting my PC and pressing 'show disabled devices', but to no avail. Has anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it? Please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/second-monitor-tv-not-showing-up-as-device-1154297.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I"m not sure if this is the correct location for this question....if not, I apologize. In my iTunes, off to the left, I have Library, Store, and Playlists.....no device tab or whatever it's called. How can I add the word device, then add any devices?

Thanks
dawn

A:Device not showing up in iTunes

Hi, Usually I see the Device come up when an iPod, for example, is plugged in.

It will ask you to name the iPod-- has that ever come up for you?

Here are Google results for the search I did: ipod wont connect to itunes

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...isions_inline&resnum=0&ct=broad-revision&cd=3

Remember to follow directions for your operating system and type or model of iPod.

These forums www.ilounge.com are great for help with any thing to do with iTunes or iPods, all models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-not-showing-up-in-itunes.811321/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
I recently cleaned the registry, deleted some AOL components, and updated from AVG 7.5 to AVG 8.5 then noticed I could not get on the Internet. When I opened the Device Manager, nothing was showing in the list. How do I bring it back!?!

A:nothing showing in Device Manager

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311504

edit: if that doesn't fix it, do this;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791/en-us

edit again: and if you use Norton;

[http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nothing-showing-in-device-manager-361578.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have just installed xp and everything is working fine but it is not giving me any sound.
I have checked in dev manager but there are no errors
as far as i know i am using on board sound.
The sound options from the contro0l panel are all greyed out.

If you need any other info please contact me asap

A:Sound Device not showing

System manufacturer and model?

Installed XP...now? If you mean reinstalled...why was a reinstall done?

Did you install the audio drivers?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430056/sound-device-not-showing/
Relevancy 46.87%

This just started A USB cord that I got with my Garmin GPS has become my primary cord for all my peripherals and has worked USB USB cord is as up showing device swimingly with my Crackberry since I got USB cord is showing up as USB device the comp two weeks ago About ten minutes ago I put it in and got a quot USB Device Not Recognized BY Windows quot and my Crackberry wouldn't show up in the Device Manager I pulled the unit out that's what she said sorry been studying all day rebooted both the phone and comp moved to another port and tried again First the cord by itself and got the hooked up sound followed by an unhooked sound and a balloon from the system tray saying quot USB Device Not Recognised quot USB cord is showing up as USB device and then got no response when I attached the Crackberry Oh for a bit without anything being attached I got the same message and the sound you get when something is hooked then unhooked This happened a few times So right as I started typing actually after quot This just started quot I went and got another USB cord and it started working fine I continued with this post thinking this could grow into a bigger prob down the road I never have continued luck with synching phones What gives

A:USB cord is showing up as USB device

Is there a driver cd that came with the phone or one to download. I would start there first. Sometimes the vista geniric drivers get corrupted for no apperent reason. Go to device manager and check to see if there are any issues there with your usb devices. If there are click on the icon at top of page to uninstall and then reboot. This will reload the correct driver for that usb issue. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210259-usb-cord-showing-up-usb-device.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to figure something out My router is out in the living room, in my bedroom I have 2 different laptops setting side by side, my Toshiba wifi strength says "Fair" and the laptop right next to it says "Excellent" and has full bars. I have been noticing deteriorating performance for a while.

I searched online and saw a post saying if you open and close your laptop a lot (which I do) it can wear out the wifi wire because it goes through the hinge. I have already updated the drivers for the wifi so that's not it.

Has anyone ever heard of this? If it's true it sounds like a hard fix. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

Before I begin I appologize if end: wits issues. At Toshiba adap satellite, wifi realtek this comes off as At wits end: wifi issues. Toshiba satellite, realtek adap abrasive I am trying my best but am incredibly frustrated So I'm sorry in advance if I come across as bitchy since thats not what I intend I have a Toshiba satellite At wits end: wifi issues. Toshiba satellite, realtek adap c d with a realtek rtl ce wifi adapter came with win wich I updated to then then reverted back to with a clean install after the bulk of my drivers not cooperating or being available and the computer crashing or hanging something fierce as a result I have had challeneges with this computer and wifi off and on since it's purchase From the exhaustive albeit amature I get computers but am not formally trained and am less up-to-date on both resources and troubleshooting techniques than I used to be research I've done over the last few years it would seem that this has been due partially to win being high maintenance when it comes to wifi signal toshiba being lazy and completely lacking in interest or care for consumers of their product and my model of realtek wifi adapter badically sucking butt However having to reset my adapter every several hours is hardly normal or acceptable in my mind And while I understand that fluctuations in wifi signals can vary drastically I dont understand why the network I wish to connect to is only visable when my adapter needs to be reset and disappears once I do so nor do I understand this newest excitement in which no less than networks of varying strengths are visible but turning the wifi adapter off and then back on after or so seconds renders the adapter unable to see ANY available networks for a good several minutes I am sure I must be missing something No neither the laptop nor the routers have moved Yes I have done my best to ensure I have the current adapter driver have used win update as well as toshiba and realtek's websites Currently I am using While the problem is not entirely new as I mentioned before the amount of unreliability has greatly increased since doing the fresh install of when downgrading from I have been experiencing more frequent hangs when using flash in chrome ie and firefox as well as spikes in cpu usuage where it will stay above if I am trying to use any of the above browsers generally when having no more than - tabs open gmail or hotmail some facebook game and perhaps craigslist Well except for now--I can't even get online atm quot Can't connect to network quot and then it trieds to take me to online help which then informs me that it cant get online to help me with my connectivity probs I am one broke ass broad Finding even a small amount of to spend on upgrades to my laptop or adapter is damn near impossible on my budget No the arrangement I have does not permit a hard line connection wifi only although I can remotely rest the modem when I can log in I have run scana by both win defender and malwarebites both of whom have failed to return any negative results I am also up to date on my windows updates Please help I'm at my wits end Pls gimme time to respond I am currently restricted to my phone for any internet communications and its a p o s Please help me not defenestrate my only laptop No one ever likes it when I snap and make the morning news

A:At wits end: wifi issues. Toshiba satellite, realtek adap

One solution would be to replace the WiFi adapter in the Laptop with a good one. This is usually pretty easy to do, but it depends on the laptop: good wifi card

How to replace the WiFi card

You could also try a USB WiFi dongle in place iof the onboard WiFi (also shown in the Google link above).

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72297-wits-end-wifi-issues-toshiba-satellite-realtek-adap.html
Relevancy 46.87%

'Lo Again,

Was wondering if anyone knows offhand if my 13-year-old Toshiba laptop can "take" a wireless card. If it matters, it's an original Pentium 90 running Win'95. The problem is, I don't even know where to begin to look for an upgrade slot/compartment on a laptop (this is my first one, fresh off Ebay).

Also, can Win95 itself even handle wireless networking? If necessary, I have my own copy of Win98 that I can install; will that work? (Unfortunately, I can't put any form/shape of Linux on this thing, as the particular piece of software I require--ExamSoft--only runs on Windows).

TIA...

A:Can a Toshiba Satellite 205CDS be upgraded to accept a WiFI card?

Do you have any PCMCIA slots in that machine? If yes then what type?

Do you have an ethernet adapter there? If yes then you could get yourself a small access point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-toshiba-satellite-205cds-be-upgraded-to-accept-a-wifi-card.24161/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have recently installed an Intel 2200 Wireless Card into my Toshiba Satellite 1135-S1552.

The computer recognizes the hardware, and all the software and drivers are working fine.

The problem is when I try to Enable my Radio Switch. I need to be able to press Fn + F2, but on my Satellite the Fn + F2 switch accesses the Battery Mode.

Does anyone know how I can re-map my keyboard, or enable my Radio Switch???

Please help.

Ted

A:Toshiba Satellite 1135-S1552 WiFi Networking Problem

Perhaps you don't have to press Fn+F2?

On my IBM the radio is controlled by Fn-F4.

And you don't have to use the Fn+x combination anyway. The WiFi connection software can be used to turn on/off the radio. If you don't have any special software then disabling the wireless connection will effectively turn off the radio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-1135-s1552-wifi-networking-problem.18046/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option.
I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home network I set up years ago has a different name.

I am puzzled why this free open network has suddenly appeared in the list. As it requires no password I think there is a possibility its use might present a security risk
Is this a new Xfinity feature??

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64370-xfinity-wifi-showing-up-my-routers-available-internet-connections.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello , I have an issue with  HP Pavilion 15-n208tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) my system has recently encountered an update with windows 10 and my wifi is just vanished i tried to install driver but still not showing over device manager what will be driver that i should install ? Thanks and Regards

A:After windows 10 update wifi is not working and showing unin...

Hi, Please re-install  Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers:        http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72517.exe Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/After-windows-10-update-wifi-is-not-working-and-showing/td-p/5741117
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello  Recently I am experiencing a very serious problem with my wifi  My OS is Windows 10 16.07 build 14393.447. The windows update happened about a week ago At start the system was freezing after 10 minutes of open wifi and no connection possible to my wifi network even if it was showing up and sending the correct password I have reinstalled the sp71571 drivers for the Ralink RT3290 wireless card with partially solving the total problem. (I have also disabled any firewall during reinstallation Now I don't have system freezes and my wifi can see other networks but not mine (and maybe a few others) which is quite strange My only connection to the internet is through Ethernet cable which is to say the least inconvenient Please advise BRDimitris Natsiopoulos

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/After-windows-10-update-Wifi-not-showing-up-Ralink-RT3290/td-p/5846775
Relevancy 46.87%

Suddenly my wifi started showing "No Networks Found"  with a red cross mark on WiFi symbol on taskbar, i had tried several method of fixing it by spending hours on internet but it didn't worked. I had updated the Wireless driver, flushed dns cache, unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn this device off", Reset router and a lot of things but i was unsuccessful al the time. Please help me, i am having a lot of trouble! HP Model : HP Notebook - 15-r202tx 

A:Suddenly my wifi started showing "No Networks Found" with a...

Hi @vivekcoool21, Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you   to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting.: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More  I understand that you suddenly lost your WiFi and you have the message :"No Networks Found" with a red cross on it.  Please try the following by @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Power cycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right-click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right- click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self- explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Hopefully, this helps. Please click the ?Thumbs Up? below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Suddenly-my-wifi-started-showing-quot-No-Networks-Found-quot/td-p/5649018
Relevancy 46.87%

I hvae a Sony VAIO VPCL FD All-In-One computer that I just upgraded to Windows from Win It has Wifi No Connected, Showing 10 Upgrade Windows After Internet an Atheros AR x WiFi Wifi Showing Connected, No Internet After Windows 10 Upgrade card with driver installed It worked fine with but since I upgraded the OS I Wifi Showing Connected, No Internet After Windows 10 Upgrade m now getting quot Connected No Internet quot I ve narrowed down the issue but cant seem to get it resolved I m running a Linksys EA dual band router with the channel width set to AUTO When I go into the router setup page and switch it from AUTO to MHz it resolves the problem But I don t want to run my network at MHz so I obviously want to get the card to recognize higher channel widths When I go into the adapter properties there is nothing available to do this that I can find I m pretty sure I have the most recent drivers so is it possible this card won t work with anything higher than MHz with Win nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/wifi-showing-connected-no-internet-after-windows-10-upgrade.310606/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a friend's Toshiba Satellite C55t-A5102 with Windows 8.1. When it boots I get the following message:

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.2(09/06/12)

Check Cable Connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The boot priority is as follows:
1. HDD/SSD
2. USB
3. ODD
4. LAN

Please help. Thank you.

A:Toshiba Satellite C55t-A -- No bootable device

Hi there gomez4096,

I recommend checking the HDD for any errors. Download "SEATOOLS" DOS version and put the program onto a bootable media(e.g. CD). Then boot the computer to the Seatools CD that you just created. Follow the on-screen instructions and test the computer HDD for any errors. Make sure to run both the short and extended test.

It's possible that the HDD is the culprit. How old is this laptop may I ask? Check Toshiba's website to see if the laptop is under warranty. If so, contact Toshiba and have them replace the hard drive(assuming that Seatools gives out an error).

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions, thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/toshiba-satellite-c55t-a-no-bootable-device-951418.html
Relevancy 46.44%

The notebook came with Vista which didn't work properly at all it was extremely slow so I wanted to go for either Windows XP or some Linux distribution I tried a Windows XP SP CD first but it didn't work because it couldn't detect any hard disks Then I L40-194 Device XP No Windows Satellite Toshiba Audio used a Windows Toshiba Satellite L40-194 Windows XP No Audio Device XP SP ISO and added the Intel SATA controller drivers to it and burned it It actually worked and Toshiba Satellite L40-194 Windows XP No Audio Device the operating system runs fine and much faster now But I have a problem with the sound I installed the chip set utility and the audio drivers from http eu computers toshiba-europe c jsp service EU csutil- zip sound- zip for this model but it still fails to detect it and there two items with a question mark listed in device manager PCI Device Unknown Device I have installed the WLAN drivers etc I'm not quite sure what the quot unknown device quot could be I suppose the PCI one is that Realtek sound card Would somebody please help me out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-l40-194-windows-xp-no-audio-device-219715.html