Windows Support Forum

No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

Q: No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 92.07%

i recently had to replace my hdd and put windows xp on it after install i tried to get internet to work and i have nothing in my internet connections. my device manger has no network adapter drop menu and my motherboard driver will not install and give the error message thr nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup will now exit. i have ben trying to fix for 2 days to no avail pls help!

Relevancy 110.08%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 and uninstalled the driver for my wireless network adapter (Atheros AR9285) because it wasn't working properly. Now, the adapter won't work AT ALL. I updated the driver via ethernet, and Device Manager says that the adapter is working fine, however Windows is acting like I don't even have a wireless adapter. What's do I do?!

A:Device manager says that wireless network adapter is fine and windows won't use it

How did you update the driver? Did you get it from the manufacturer? Other sources should not be trusted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-says-that-wireless-network-adapter-is-fine-and-windows-wont-use-it.984290/
Relevancy 107.93%

Whenever I open up Device Manager or Network Connections the screen that pops up is blank. Can anyone help me?

Edit: I included a picture if you want to see it

A:Device manager and network connections gone

For the Device Manager see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311504

It may also affect Network connections so test that after enabling the plug and play service.

If it doesn't, see the workaround here or be prepared to reinstall:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329441

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-and-network-connections-gone.398054/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi I have the weirdest problem with my desktop Besides pop-ups my computer now doesn t show anything inside the Network Connections or Device Manager folder I highly Network Manager Pop-ups, empty Connections Device and suspect it s a virus spyware causing all Pop-ups, Device Manager and Network Connections empty of this and I m currently running a few spyware removal programs to be sure There s just an overall slowdown in webpage loading using IE because of this problem Here is the HiJack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Free Surfer fs exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS kdx KHost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder OrderReminder exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Anti-Blaxx Anti-Blaxx exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Documents and Settings Anthony Chuang Desktop Tools HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http students hsc unt edu N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www yahoo com quot C Documents and Settings Anthony Chuang Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tnawuzbn slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Anthony Chuang Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tnawuzbn slt prefs js O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar REALBAR - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON Real Toolbar realbar dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-device-manager-and-network-connections-empty.419077/
Relevancy 106.64%

Please help all devices in device manager have vanished & network connections have vanished too. Consequently I cannot get online or use the printer, scanner etc. All communication with peripheral devices. I have been told that this may have been caused by a virus infection & I will have to reinstall windows which I obviously dont want to do if I can help it. I have Mcafee antivirus & zonealarm installed & I have not opened any suspicious email attachments so I am not sure it can be a virus. Please help as my PC as been rendered virtually useless. I am running Win XP

A:device manager & network connections vanished HELP!!!

fortunately you are running Windows XP! You can do one of a couple of things. You can go to Start|Accessories|System Tools|Restore and restore your computer to an earlier date when you knew everything was working correctly. Only caveat to that one is tha you must have restorepoints turned on for your drives. If you do not have then youdont get this option. If you have not made the settings yourself, chances are you have them turned on. as this is the default setting.

If Restore doesnt work for you and you have your original WinXP disc you Can do a repair installation of windows.

To do this you must have your bios set to boot from CD 1st then HDD.

Place the WinXP CD in the drive restart your computer.
on the Welcome Screen it will give you otptions. Install windows? Repair Console? Exit. Press enter! DO NOT PRESS "R" AT THIS TIME!

When windows starts to install it will display a license agreement, agree to this. then it will detect earlier installations of WinXP. It will find the installation you already have. It will then give you the options of continuing the installation or "Press "R" to repair this installation" Press the "R" key at this time. It will then prompt you through the rest of the process whenit is done you will have repaired windows and not lost all of your valuable work/data/installed programs.

Last resort is to do a complete clean installation of Windows. So try the steps in the order offered. Restore to an earlier date. If not, Repair Installation. If not, Complete clean install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-network-connections-vanished-help.322999/
Relevancy 106.64%

Recently I moved and now when I try to boot up my Nothing up shows Device or Connections Network Manager in laptop I have the above problem My system was running perfectly when shut down just prior to moving and all I did was disconnect the cable internet and router having set up a wireless LAN over years ago Temporarily at my brother s home while trying to find my own place I fixed a bunch of problems on Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections his system including DSL issues in advance of setting up a router so I d have internet access w my laptop When I got around to firing up my Sony Vaio and went to Network Connections lo amp behold there was NOTHING in there yet there had been at least - connections that I d dfinitely not deleted There was no Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections View Available Wireless Networks link either While troubleshooting the issue I went to Device Manager and NOTHING shows Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections up in there either When I select View resources by Type I get an Error msg stating MMC has detected an Error in a snap-in etc Soon the system started having problems booting but finally would after - attempts then give an Error Msg w these details System Recovered from a serious Error --Error SignatureBCCode e BCP C BCP A D BCP A B CBCP OSVer SP Product Error Report ContentsC DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp WERd dir Mini - dmpC DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp WERd dir sysdata xmlThis is very weird in my experience I ve since Googled around and found suggestions like enable PnP was already enabled that it might have to do with Group Policy settings which I surely didn t change or ever even set and things like that Also found some registry edits workarounds and a couple Hotfixes from MS yet don t wish to just experiment with what might work and end up only making the problem worse Saw Hotfix but seems to be more for right after installing SP which I did months ago Arghh OS Name Microsoft Windows XP ProfessionalVersion Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer Sony CorporationSystem Model VGN-FS System Type X -based PCProcessor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel MhzBIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R J SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Total Physical Memory MBAvailable Physical Memory GBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space GBPage File C pagefile sys I need my computer up and running now as I ve many critical things I need to get done especially after all the down-time spent moving Thanks in advance for suggestions If more info s needed let me know as I m working on this non-stop until rectified and have my brother s PC for net access to check back Thanks

A:Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDA kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn?t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade). The problem with this info...is that a "driver issue" can be many things, as many applications...hardware...and XP itself...all employ drivers.So does malware.I suggest doing a search of your system for any .dmp files and then following the procedures outlined at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ Any other known system anomalies?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257793/nothing-shows-up-in-device-manager-or-network-connections/
Relevancy 106.21%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 105.35%

My Ethernet is not showing up in device manager or Network Connections. I've checked the bios and it is enabled. I've also tried to install the drivers, but at the end of the install this error message pops up " the Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep sleep mode is enabled please plug the cable"

The Mobo is a ASUS P7h55-m if that helps. Also It Is Windows 7 64 bit

A:Ethernet not Showing up in device manager or Network connections

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=P7H55-M&SLanguage=en-us

try the download manger to auto detect your board , several bios updates there also worth a read through one for LAN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-not-showing-up-in-device-manager-or-network-connections.978743/
Relevancy 105.35%

Running Windows 7 64 bit

As the title says, my device manager and network connections folder are empty. In addition, whenever I try to access a connection's properties, I get this: "Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile. Specific error: The data is invalid."

I noticed these issues while trying to fix something else. Recently, my internet connection has randomly been unable to connect to/had awful ping. When running a troubleshooter, I am told: "Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration." The first time I troubleshooted, the problem was solved automatically, but this does not happen anymore.

A:Device Manager & Network Connections Folder Empty

If this happened recently try doing a System Restore.  Use a restore point dated prior to this problem.

If this doesn't resolve this, please run the sfc /scannow.

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

Copy and paste sfc /scannow in the command prompt, then press Enter to start the scan.  

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished and if intergrity issues are found (corrupt files that couldn't be repaired), please do the following.

Click on the Start orb then type cmd in the Search box. 

CMD will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to open 
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615515/device-manager-network-connections-folder-empty/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi everyone I am new to your site and need your help I have a Dell Inspiron laptop using XP with service pack update I just formated my hard drive and re-installed everything except my personal Manager Device Connections in and Wireless LAN hidden Network stuff Now have installed Norton all Office Acitve X and Adobe All drivers have been updated through Dell although I had Wireless LAN hidden in Device Manager and Network Connections to manually install because past one year now Pretty sure their ok WLAN Miniport is Dell and only appears in Device Manager when quot Show Hidden Devices quot and does not show in quot Network Connections quot Wireless LAN hidden in Device Manager and Network Connections or in task pane Lan is Broadcom x Integrated Controller this seems fine I have searched everywhere for an answer as to why this is hidden I have tried everything including disabling Norton Symantec on this device In the device manager when I show details for device it says it s working fine made by Microsoft and location unknown I just tried something else Network Diagnostics for XP as follows HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity info HTTP Successfully connected to www microsoft com info HTTPS Successfully connected to www microsoft com warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The operation timed out warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The operation timed out error Could not make an FTP connection I have spent soooooo many hours trying to fix this damn thing I think it is a software conflict but not sure Would really appreciate some help on this Thanks Crazy Canuc

A:Wireless LAN hidden in Device Manager and Network Connections

This link explains what hidden devices might be, http://oreilly.com/pub/h/3105Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174931/wireless-lan-hidden-in-device-manager-and-network-connections/
Relevancy 103.63%

I just formatted an old computer ghz amd athalon mb ram with in network adapter no device manager a new win xp home oem disk with a key I used from my shot eMachine Everything was going fine it was getting late and I didn t have a chance to look at the client my cousin s internet connection before connecting to the internet I installed quickbooks which no network adapter in device manager shouldn t have anything to do with my problem but i thought I would mention it he hit IE quot this page cannot blah blah blah quot I asked him over the phone to go into no network adapter in device manager device manager and go to network adapters but there isn t one I told him to go to network connections and it only had what is in this picture attached http vbulletin thesite org attachment php attachmentid amp d Can you please help me I need to do tech over the phone His OB on board sound wasn t working we used the driver disk that came with the eMachine and the realtek ac started working There is still no internet I thought that installing drivers for the OB sound card might help the OB network card but the emachine disk isn t the right disk for this old towers motherboard I do not have this towers motherboard disk please don t say this is a problem nbsp

A:no network adapter in device manager

Are there errors in Device Manager?
How is he connecting to the Internet? Dial-up? Broadband?
Did you install the appropriate hardware drivers for whatever device is needed to connect to the Internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-adapter-in-device-manager.631470/
Relevancy 103.63%

I've installed windows 7 as upgrade to vista home premium in my Toshiba Satellite P205D-7802 laptop. Most everything seems to be running fine. My big problem is my network adapters (for wired and wireless - they are different) don't show up at all in the device manager?

I understand the whole installing a driver with compatibility mode but that seem quite impossible if the system does not even find the devices?

System was bought new 1 year ago with visa home premium and everything was working fine before the install. I have the drivers to install if I need the old vista drivers but it does not good.

I can install the drivers and when it gets done it says they are no good until the device is attached?

Any and all help is appreciated.

A:Network Adapter Not in Device Manager

same problem here! any ideas anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/2334-network-adapter-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 103.63%

When I open device manager, there is no option for network adapters, unless I click on show hidden devices.
My motherboard model is ASUS p7h55-m
I tried instaling drivers for my model of motherboard, but nothing worked.
Whenever I troubleshoot, it says that I need a driver for my network adapter.
I tried instaling Realtek ethernet controller driver. However it says that:"NO NETWORK CONTROLLER WAS FOUND, if deep sleep mode is enabled, please plug the cable".

I need some help! Been trying to fix this for the past 6 hours. This has happened after I formatted my PC! Also, I have no CD with my motherboard .. thanks so much.

Relevancy 103.63%

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

A:No network adapter in Device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

Was the driver you installed a win 7 driver? If not you need to install it in compatibility mode. To do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80223-no-network-adapter-device-manager.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hey, guys. This is my first time posting on this website. I really need help. I have a Dell XPS m1210. My friend just reinstalled my Laptop because a virus messed it up and now I cant go online. I tried installing all the drivers from the Dell's website but I still cant view the network adapter under device manager. I saw many posts about this problem on this website but I still can't fix the problem. When i clicked on the device manager, there is no network adapter section. It seems to disappear. I don't know what to do especially since I'm a computer illiterate. Please help you guys and thanks in advance

A:Solved: No Network Adapter under Device Manager

This sounds unlikely but I can only suggest that the adapter must be missing in BIOS. Restart and tap Delete or Function 2 key to go into BIOS or Setup menus, seek out the network adapter and enable it. Save the changes and you should see the adapter in Device Manager and the driver at Dell's site. If you key in the Service Tag reference, you'll get the drivers for the precise equipment they installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-adapter-under-device-manager.970550/
Relevancy 102.77%

Since upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack my network adapter a Com C -TX-M does not appear in Device Not Does Adapter Network Manager But in Working Appear Device Manager and I therefore can t get this computer to appear on my home network The network adapter is still working because that Network Adapter Working But Does Not Appear in Device Manager s how I connect to the Internet via LAN to a router then cable broadband and IPCONFIG gives valid results including the correct IP address from the router via DHCP Hoping that this might be a glitch I installed a clean copy of XP Home on a spare hard disk The network adapter appeared in Device Manager and the computer appeared on the network I then upgraded to SP and the network adapter disappeared from Device Manager and the computer no longer appears on the network I have also tried installing a different network adapter - a completely different make and model - with no difference and forcing XP to install the Com drivers using Add New Hardware getting Error device cannot be started Attempting to set up a new network connection gets the result quot Cannot complete the Network Setup Wizard - the wizard cannot find your network hardware quot Yet it s there and working otherwise I wouldn t be able to post this request for help If anyone knows what s happening and how to fix this problem I would be extremely grateful for your assistance Thank you in anticipation nbsp

A:Network Adapter Working But Does Not Appear in Device Manager

http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php?showtopic=31479

This guy had the same problem. I'm not sure exactly what they did to fix the problem, but if you read through it and follow along, you should get your problem resolved by the 4th page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-working-but-does-not-appear-in-device-manager.405937/
Relevancy 102.77%

Acer Aspire 5315
Windows Vista Home Basic

My girlfriend just got this laptop from her father. It was functioning properly when he had it. Before he handed it over to her, he installed and ran the Windows Anytime Upgrade DVD. He wanted to clear all of his information.

We attempted to connect the laptop to a wireless router, no luck. We also had no luck while connecting the laptop directly to the cable modem. Windows could not find a network.

We tried locating "Network Adapter" in the Device Manager, but it doesn't appear to be listed anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't locate Network Adapter in Device Manager

Did you try to go to Acer site, download and install network driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339584/cant-locate-network-adapter-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi,
yesterday i got my friend to download windows 7 on my mac via bootcamp.
i got it back today and i tried my wireless at home but didn't work.
so i tried LAN line as well, which didn't work either.

i went through few sites, they all told me to go on device manager and update my drives. The problem is that i can't find either modem or network adapter on my device manger.

could anyone PLZ help me??

A:Network adapter not showing on device manager

Welcome to SF,

What is the make and model of your computer?

Can you pls. post a print screen of your Device Manager, make sure to expand Network Adapters?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195440-network-adapter-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Terrible way to start the weekend with a mobo failure Long story short desktop adapter Solved: No in network device manager failed Suspecting a motherboard failure i swapped out the hard drives to desktop The nd box has it s own cpu mobo I reformatted my OS partition on the HD and reinstalled xp pro OS installed and my docs on the drive are still viable my main concern Prior to doing any swap my Solved: No network adapter in device manager nd box was able to connect to my wire gateway and get online and share files within my home network Now with the HD from desktop with a fresh xp pro install I get no network adapters in the device manager I do get a yellow next to quot other pci bridge device quot quot pci memory controller quot quot sm bus controller quot and a multimedia audio controller after some browsing on these forums I tried the following i tried deleting the entries from the device manager and rebooting No luck they still show up I also tried some command prompt commands with netsock to reset the tcp ip no luck I tried changing the PnP settings to automatic using services msc no luck I tried enabling the PnP option in the BIOS no luck any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 102.77%

Hi all A very weird problem just happens to my desktop I hope anyone could help me to avoid a complete reinstall It was working fine I didn't install or change nothing mostly is used as MediaCenter It was but device manager Missing adapter, OK network working perfectly without any change for months Then I shutdown one day as always and when I reboot the next day no network is present The PC is an Acer Aspire X desktop with an integrated intel NIC This is what I have seen In the W network configuration panel there isn't any NIC present IPCONFIG shows nothing no adapter is listed is not like when you unplug the Missing network adapter, but device manager OK network cable and the adapter is listed buy without the IPs now the command shows nothing at all But and that is the weird thing in device Missing network adapter, but device manager OK manager all seems fine The Intel NIC is listed without any warning mark Looking the properties all looks ok This Missing network adapter, but device manager OK is what I had already try I reinstalled the NIC drivers No changes Reinstalled the chipset drivers No changes Uninstalled NIC drivers with an Intel utility Then I rebooted and reinstalled the drivers when windows detected the new hw No changes Disabled the NIC adapter in device manager reboot and re-enable No changes Uninstalled the NIC adapter in device manager Reboot and re-install the drivers when windows detect the new hw No changes Disabled the NIC adapter in BIOS Boot windows shutdown re-enable the adapter in BIOS and reboot Reinstall the drivers No change Recover the system from an old recover point but no change I still have not any network adapter present in windows network configuration panel or listed with IPCONFIG I think some windows network component must be damaged but that is beyond my W knoledge Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance

A:Missing network adapter, but device manager OK

Network adapters sometimes fail. It may be due to some electrical disturbance which induces a surge in the cable, which knocks out a component in the NIC, but the rest of the card thinks it is working properly. A diode or capacitor failure perhaps.

Google USB Ethernet adaptor. Prices start less than ?10 UK.

Try a replacement for the card - it won't break the bank. I assume that you would need a USB connection? It doesn't even have to be an exact replacement - any recognized mainstream brand of the right specifications should do. Just take a note of the MAC address of the old card - ipconfig /all from the command prompt, and note the physical address. It may be important for your broadband connection. You may need to disable the onboard NIC in the bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/164012-missing-network-adapter-but-device-manager-ok.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I just had my laptop motherboard replaced and now I cannot connect to the internet via my router and cable connection when I place my laptop in my docking station. The docking station Network Adapter (3Com3c920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller #7) is showing an error in the device manager of my control panel. I've tried to uninstall it from the device manager and reboot, but it just adds back the network adapter with the error exclamation back into my Network Adapter list. The device manager also shows 2 other instances of the same Network Adapter.

Fred

A:Network Adapter error in Device Manager

Uninstall ALL of the instances of the network adapter AFTER clicking View, Show Hidden Devices. Clean out the network adapters section, reboot, and see if you can get the drivers installed correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-error-in-device-manager.387965/
Relevancy 102.77%

my power flickered off and on really quick and when my pc came back up, the internet would not work. after investigating i found out that the network adapter is missing from the device manager. i have tried to re-download drivers for my network adapter/mobo and this has not solved my problem. i have also set my pc back to a date in the past and it didnt work either. i do not know what else it could be other than my on board network card is faulty. ty.

A:network adapter missing from device manager

It sounds like the power problem tweaked your board a bit.

Have you tried clearing the cmos on the board?

Make sure you write down all the important bios settings before you clear the cmos and put them back to how it was before. If you built your own machine this should be fairly easy for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221618-network-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I just reinstalled Win 7 Pro on my Elitebook 8460p. When I open the device manager, I do not see any network adapter, wireless or otherwise. How can I find my wireless adapter, so that I can install it and if needed download the appropriate drivers?  

A:No network adapter shown in device manager

Hi: You should see a device labeled as a Network Controller under an Other Devices category in the device manager. The Network Controller will have a little ! mark inside a yellow triangle. That is the wireless card that needs a driver. Since there can be more than one model wireless card in that notebook series, I don't know what driver you need to get the card to work but that is easy enough to find out. Please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed as a Network Controller. To find the hardware ID, click on the device labeled as a Network Controller. Then click on the details tab at the top of the network controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-network-adapter-shown-in-device-manager/td-p/5611303
Relevancy 102.77%

hello, i could really use some help, a co worker brought me his comuter to reinstall windows xp, because he did not like vista, he also had his own xp discs, i have done everything like normal, have done this a time or two not my first rodeo with reinstalling windows xp, this is however the first time that this network issue has happened, i have installed the device driver cd as well along with the reset tool from dell's website, im getting NOWHERE. please help thanks a MILLION.

A:device manager does not recognize network adapter

Did you install the drivers in the recommended (if any) order--usually chipset first?

If it's an integrated adapter look for the driver on the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's web site. Else look on the NIC's manufacturer's site. For the latter you may have to physically uninstall the NIC, run the setup program, and then physically install the NIC (there should be instructions).

Above assumes there is a device in Device Manager that's missing a driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-does-not-recognize-network-adapter.1067107/
Relevancy 102.77%

i have use windoqw 7 bout 3 month, and now my desktop got a problem..i cant see my network adapter on my devicxe manager,so now i cant access internet.i already install the right driver for my network adAPter,but still my window 7 say that i not install my network adapter driver when i go to network troubleshoot..then i format my desktop n still my desktop cant find my network adaptewr on device manager..why?3 month ago i install my window 7 in that desktop,i quickly can access internet without i need to install any network adapter driver..mayb because window 7 already provide the default network driver on its setup ..but why when i format my pc n install again my window 7,i still got this prob?can anyone help me to solve this prob?

A:network adapter missing on device manager

What driver have you attempted to install? Try this one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60171-network-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Marvell Libertas 8335/Sweex LW057 issues
computer specs this applies to:

ASUS A8V-MX
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1GB DDR400 RAM
80GB Maxtor IDE
HD3650 512mb graphics card

SWEEX LW057/ MARVELL LIBERTAS 8335

I used to run XP on this computer, but Im used to Windows 7 since thats my main computer's OS. So I thought, what the hell. I checked compatibility and it said my wifi card shouldnt have an issue with Windows 7. I installed the OS, booted, and my wifi card was gone from the device manager. So I cant install the driver, since Sweex nor Marvell supplies an installation program. just the inf and sys files, which isnt enough.

I also tried show hidden devices, nothing popped up. legacy driver didnt work either.

the card is indeed working, as I tried in another pc. the pci slots are fine too. its a software related problem.

does anyone have an idea?

A:network adapter not showing up in device manager

Your other thread says Vista is supposed to have built in drivers, did you install Vista or Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/98914-network-adapter-not-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I not manager showing adapter device Network in up have an on board ethernet adapter on my XFX nForce i LT motherboard that I personally believe to be DEAD but I want to see if I ve missed anything The adapter doesn t show up in Device Manager anywhere including hidden and unknown devices I ve uninstalled the Ethernet Driver and installed the driver both from the out of the box driver CD and from the nVidia website I ve unplugged the power supply and drained off any excess power and rebooted cleanly This is on Win and the oh so not helpful Windows diagnostic says I need to install a driver for my adapter which as I stated above I have done - times now I ve done a system restore from over a week ago Network adapter not showing up in device manager when I know the hardware was functioning properly Is it also everyone s opinion that this is Network adapter not showing up in device manager DEAD The board is roughly years old so I wouldn t rule it out but I do take good care of my box with regular compressed air cleanings and its protected against surges Anything else I should Network adapter not showing up in device manager try or should I just buy a new adapter I don t have enough financial excess to buy a new board or supported components atm and I don t want a wireless adapter either so I suppose I ll have to see if my board can support an additional adapter in one of the open slots nbsp

A:Network adapter not showing up in device manager

check the bios does not have LAN disabled
goto control panel and scan for new hardware

- that would be the only additional things i can think of

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-not-showing-up-in-device-manager.1062808/
Relevancy 102.77%

I am working on a showing adapter Manager Device in not Network friends computer here The motherboard needed replacing and I installed the new motherboard I also installed Network adapter not showing in Device Manager all of the drivers to it and the device manager does not have the Network Adapter dropdown added Instead I have an unknown with a yellow I have tried to manually get it in for a few hours then went out and bought a Network adapter not showing in Device Manager Dynex E- network adapter I installed that network adapter and threw the drivers on the PC and still no network adapter in the device manager Here are the list of things I have tried - resetting cmos - enabling onboard LAN in bios - Even scanned for viruses - tried manually going into device manager and adding that brand card in there - moving to a new PCI Slot - checking running services - running a system file check ie SFC exe much much more Please help me out with this issue I am ripping my hair out over this There has to be something hiding it or blocking it nbsp

Relevancy 102.77%

So, I just deleted (including from my computer) this 'atheros' thing which is under the network adapter.. now. I can only use broadband but not wireless.. what do i do? so there is basically i cannot see the network adapter section anymore. however whenever I plug in the broadband it came out like a USB thing. You plug it in, then you can see the device... and the icon also change from

to this

what do I do now? I cannot use wifi? Im also using asus eee pc 1215B

A:How do I reinstall 'network adapter' from device manager?

Try this Driver

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...V9_2_0_427.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300033-how-do-i-reinstall-network-adapter-device-manager.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi Im having a huge problem that it seems it cant be fixed i tryed it all and here i am i hope u guys can help me I Network Manager on adapter not showing Device recently send this pc to change the graphic card cuz the last one got destroyed when they bring my pc everything seems fine but the internet is not working i check the device manager the Network Adapter is missing and nothing seems to work i downloaded a TON of drivers i tryed to install them but NOTHING is working Motherboard Fujitsu d -a Graphic card Amd radeon hd if u need any more info pls ask I tryd to manually download them with Have Disc option selecting the file and it installs the Driver but it gives me a Error i know that u need to Uninstall it then Reboot the pc and after the reebot go press Scan for Hardware changes but even that Doesn't work Any help is really appreciated thanks a lot

A:Network adapter not showing on Device Manager

Hi Neti,
Is it your Ethernet or Wifi.
And what is it?
There are loads of preloaded drivers in W7.
Go to
Update driver > Browse > Let me pick > UNCHECK show compatible hardware. wait for listing to appear below.
Left hand column is for manufacturer scroll to yours.
Then in the right hand column scroll down to yours
Select.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/391365-network-adapter-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I recently reformatted my primary HD and have come back to realize than my PC is not longer able to detect my Ethernet cable.
I've tried to sort this problem out from device manager but network adapter no longer shows up.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 101.48%

I an trying to reinstall my internet connection. I install drivers from the install cd, but they do not show up in device manager. They do show in separate folders via windows explorer. I have windows xp.

Tom

Relevancy 101.48%

I have a Sony Vaio VGNFW D that runs with Windows Vista Ever since I got this computer about yrs ago I have had problems with it suddenly disconnecting from the internet When this happens it could never detect any wireless networks and I would have to restart the computer to temporarily solve the problem It usually happened after the computer was in hibernation Yesterday this Device Wireless Missing Manager Adapter Network Is From happened again only this time restarting the computer did not solve the problem When I could not connect to a network I clicked on quot Diagnose why Windows cannot find any additional networks quot and it said quot Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers are loaded quot I went onto the Sony website to download the Intel Wifi link AGN wireless LAN Driver and updates The download Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager was not successful and I received a message indicating that the latest updates of this driver were already installed in my computer I spoke with different representatives at Sony and they were no help They only directed me to links that had steps to finding out what my problem was which I followed with no success Most of the steps included enabling the adapter in the device manager uninstalling and reinstalling the driver etc I could not do any of these things because the driver Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager does not appear in the device manager at all I am hoping that there is someone that has heard of this happening before so that I can get a solution to this problem It is not convenient to have an ethernet cable running through my entire house Thank you nbsp

A:Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager

The wireless adapter does not appear under Network Adapters in Device Manager and there are no warnings or errors anywhere in Device Manager, right?

Check in you BIOS (Setup) to see if it somehow got disabled there.

If you can access the adapter through a cover on the bottom of the laptop remove and carefully and firmly reinsert the card three or four times (this will usually wipe any possible corrosion off the contacts).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-is-missing-from-device-manager.1013799/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi I own a Acer Aspire S - ultrabook I accidentally installed the wrong drivers yesterday while updating the device drivers as I ran into internet trouble and diagnostics said there seems to be a problem and Device Not shown Network in Manager Detected Adapter Not with either the drivers or hardware Ever since the system is unable to detect my network adapter It should be an Atheros Network Adapter Not Detected and Not shown in Device Manager ar bwb adapter When I boot the system there was a big red X and no connection so I ran diagnostics and it said I didn't have the drivers the incorrect drivers installed over the old one In Device manager unfortunately neither the old nor new wrong drivers are displayed so I tried to uninstall the Atheros installation program to remove the wrong drivers That ran into trouble as the wrong drivers could not be uninstalled because it was unable to locate the network card for the wrong drivers So I downloaded the correct driver from the Acer website and ran setup Setup could not be completed because it says my network adapter is unplugged Followed a few different links on this site including the IP reset in this post http www sevenforums com network-s but-s-not html Also disabled uninstalled and removed Bonjour With IPconfig as I'm using a USB wireless adapter temporarily it shows Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes With the USB Adapter unplugged and no wireless connection IPConfig all Does not show any headings with the word Wireless nor LAN I installed HWVendorDetect from Acer and running that it detected a network adapter from Atheros However the adapter is not shown in Device Manager and there are no unknown other devices and no yellow question marks Is there anything else I can try please

A:Network Adapter Not Detected and Not shown in Device Manager

Hello and welcome HK mate it took some finding as I didn't know if ultrabooks were not notebooks

Anyway here are the drivers for the WLAN I would try the latest one.
Acer | Driver Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345210-network-adapter-not-detected-not-shown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello,My network adapter suddenly stopped working...Yesterday everything was OK, today I booted my laptop with ethernet cable p?ugged in, but I couldn't acces the Internet.I haven't installed any updates.LED lights near ethernet port blinks (white continous light, amber blinking).I've checked Device Manager - my network adapter disapeared. No hidden device (bessie those Microsoft study), no exclamation marks.I was using ethernet cable because my wifi card is probably damaged (I couldn't get the WiFi to work - orange light on F12 and no wifi adapter in Device manager).Pinging localhost gives some results.Also while booted into Linux the network is not working - no device in lspci or ifconfig...

A:No network adapter in device manager - ethernet LED blinks

Hallo Derics, This sound really strange. Try go to start and press on search on files and programs. Search for Recovery manager. If you have that program on the computer there should be a tab with reinstall Drivers and softwares or Software and Programs. Please find your LAN + Wifi driver there and check if that help by installing this drivers again. Thanks please let me know if you have any problems.

Best regardsZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-network-adapter-in-device-manager-ethernet-LED-blinks/td-p/5615565
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi. I am having a major issue with my Acer Z1801 all-in-one desktop. All of a sudden wireless connectivity dropped out, and wireless adapter has disappeared entirely from the device manager. Network troubleshooting doesn't give me an option for wireless connection, so no selection to enable it. WLAN card is a Raling RT3090 according to the label on the computer. There doesn't appear to be an easy way to open the casing to reset the card. I've reset recommended BIOS to no effect. I've reinstalled drivers to no effect. Running Windows 7 Home Premium. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Relevancy 101.48%

Just reformatted my alienware laptop because I haven't used it in months. Now I don't even see "Network Adapter" listed under device manager so when trying to install the driver i don't think it had any effect. Suggestions? Running m15x windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Relevancy 101.48%

I recently purchased a computer from a private seller. The computer wont connect to the internet because there is no network adapter driver. I have tried finding it in Device Manager and the icon is not there. what do I do? I don't know a lot about computers but I will try to give as much information as needed.

A:Missing Network adapter icon in device manager

If the driver isn't installed, it would show up under "Other devices". If it doesn't show up there, then there are two possibilities:

1) If it's an add-on adapter (not built into the motherboard) it could be poorly connected, or the slot could be bad.
2) The adapter is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395638-missing-network-adapter-icon-device-manager.html
Relevancy 101.48%

hi all
i connect my laptop to internet everything is fine but after an hour or more i loose the connection then i check the device manager and find out that the wireless network adapter has completely disappeared from the window. i can't get it back right away.
Q: how can u explain that?
Q: haw can i get it back cause i went on "action" then searched for the changes then nothing teh system doesn't detects any new connected device.
any 1 with an answer so how to deal with this prob cause it's occurring very frequently these last couple o'days.
tnx

A:wireless network adapter disappears from device manager

Hey hubi , I'd suggest you to go to "Device manager" > click on "Network Adapters >Action>Add legacy hardware.
OR
Download "SlimDriver" that will check and automatically download the removed driver, let me know ...

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/119897-wireless-network-adapter-disappears-device-manager.html
Relevancy 100.62%

network adapter(LAN or connection to modem) missing from device manager...cant uninstall it or reintall it...i tried using networkadaptersfix which i forget where i dloaded it from...and now there's network adapter in device manager but there's a question mark and it says it's not working properly...i tried to uninstal it but it says it is needed....without it i cant connect my pc to the modem and LAN with my laptop....there's one more thing, i cant connect to my modem via cable even with my laptop.but i can connect with USB...so there are 2 problems here..the LAN/modem connection socket of my pc and modem..how do i fix these problems??

A:network adapter(LAN or connection to modem) missing from device manager!.help!

Is this onboard Lan?
If you have the motherboard cd then the driver should on it.
If not download the driver from the motherboard makers website.
If you are not sure of the make and model of your board, download Everest
http://www.majorgeeks.com/search.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-lan-or-connection-to-modem-missing-from-device-manager-help.556428/
Relevancy 100.62%

click to look for internet connection and there is a X and I click troubleshoot and this comes up: windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter driver. It is a Toshiba Satelite C655D-S5130. have searched for the driver and cant find it on the toshiba support website

A:[SOLVED] Clean install, No network adapter in device manager

If you open the Device Manager (which can be found by right clicking on My Computer and clicking Manage then selecting Devices) Does the Network card appear in there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-clean-install-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-606768.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello everyone I manager in device Wireless Adapter Intel not showing Network have a LENOVO Z - and i recently installed a WINDOWS on it I am unable to host hotspot on my laptop ever since This is because in the device manager list under network adapters heading i am only getting these two names Quallcom Atheros QCA x wireless network adapter and Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller However there is no Intel wireless virtual network adapter This is happening even after i have installed all the relevant drivers on my laptop for windows from lenovo website Intel Wireless Network Adapter not showing in device manager I have installed the intel PRO wireless toolkit and run tests on it In the hardware test it failed and Intel Wireless Network Adapter not showing in device manager says quot wireless hardware not bound to transport driver quot PLEASE help me The ethernet works fine and i can take hotspots from people But i cant create my own I am attaching relelvant pics here PS I have updated my drivers from the lenovo website often and from the intel website as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-wireless-network-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager.1157135/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I ll try to keep Adapter separate on manager Network no device in longer computers! two showing this short with as much info as possible A couple days ago I was sitting by my computer I wasnt actually doing anything it Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers! was just on when my internet dropped There was a thunderstorm outside so i thought maybe the router lost power and I went to reset it Everything was still on but I reset anyway Still no internet I went to the network amp sharing but it was saying there is no connection I went to the device manager and there was no network adapter in the list nothing I thought maybe it was the wire at first so i plugged it into my laptop and it worked instantly Obviously its a problem with my computer I then called GIGABYTE support mobo brand and he had me go into BIOS and I had n a where my mac address should be He said that was causing the problem and I would need to get a warranty claim or install a third party network card I salvaged an old old netowrk adapter from a hewlett packard pavilion intel pentium iii and it connected instantly Everything seemed fine until i went to log into League of Legends I kept getting an error stating quot did not receive response from server quot My friend told me to try opening internet explorer then logging in Somehow that magically worked and we have no idea why So everything seemed fixed Fast forward to yesterday my dads computer does the same thing and says there no internet connection I check device manager and no network adapter shows up on the list like the network adapter tree isnt even there I didnt have another card and was too lazy to put the one in my computer to see if that worked but I am inclined to believe that this cant just be coincidence can it What would do this to two separate computers on the same network My mom and brothers laptops connect fine wirelessly and are okay when i use an ethernet cable any ideas as to what is going on here I am afraid more computers will encounter this problem Your help is appreciated and I thank you in advance nbsp

A:Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers!

What would do this to two separate computers on the same network?Click to expand...

Two things come immediately to mind: coincidence, or defective router (some kind of electrical problem in the ethernet switch).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-no-longer-showing-in-device-manager-on-two-separate-computers.1101782/
Relevancy 95.03%

Computer Info:

Emachine T3065
CPU: AMD Athlon? XP 3000+ Processor
QuantiSpeed? Architecture operates at 2.167GHz
512KB L2 cache & 333MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft? Windows? Vista Ultimate
Chipset: NVIDIA? nForce?2
Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2700)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 Digital Media Manger (USB 2.0, Secure Digital? (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick?, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
Video: NVIDIA? GeForce?4? MX graphics (1 AGP 8x slot available)
Sound: nForce? 6-channel Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back; 1 in Media Reader), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D
Having trouble connecting to the internet. Any network does not show. So can't view properties. Please help. Thanks!

A:Network Adapter Not Visible In Network Connections

Could it be disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default/safe values?
Can you try another network card (they're fairly cheap)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148117/network-adapter-not-visible-in-network-connections/
Relevancy 94.17%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 87.29%

I bought an external USB WiFi adapter Alfa AWUS NHA a few months ago for the purpose of using it for penetration testing studying networking and Internet security fooling around with 2nd Showing Win Not x64 Network Connections 8.1 Adapter In WiFi hacking and just generally being able to get much stronger signals and throughput etc It's supposed to be one of the top-rated adapters on the market for these purposes and retails at around USD online And a wide variety Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections of screw-on antennas can be used with it from straight antennas Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections to flat-panel antennas Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections I really like it and it's been very reliable and issue-free for me in the past But the issue is that it isn't showing up in the Connections list when I click on the WiFi icon in the Taskbar It does however show up in Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections as quot Wi-Fi quot It used to work on Win and Win and showed up in both my adapters list and the Taskbar as quot Wi-Fi quot my internal WiFi card was displayed as quot Wi-Fi quot and the external card was displayed as quot Wi-Fi quot in the Connections list but I have never been able to get it to work in It simply won't show up in Connections no matter what I do I can disable and enable the adapter via the Control Panel but when I click on the Connections icon I only see my internal adapter Normally I would see both adapters and should even be able to disable the internal in favor of using the external since an OS can only be connected to the Internet at any given time with one adapter and obviously I would want to use the better of the in certain situations It came with a driver disc I installed the drivers from that and nothing so far I've also tried downloading the latest drivers from the Alfa website as well as from ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows Atheros But still nothing There is no Win -specific driver for the device only for but that should work fine in my experience The blue light on the adapter also blinks like it should and it shows up in Device Manager listed as quot Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter quot Device Manager displays the drivers as being installed and says the device is working properly I also have no issues using it in Linux distros like BackTrack and Kali And I have tried installing the drivers in Win compatibility mode and with admin priviledges I have also tried manually installing the drivers via Device Manager As well as searching Windows Update to see if anything is anything is available for it nothing comes up I should also note that when I install the drivers it asks me if I want to install the Client Utilities and driver or just the driver alone Choosing the first option results in a BSOD on reboot this also happened with but not with It's presumably due to the Client Utilities which from past experience I can tell are not necessary essential to the operation of the device it only needs the drivers Being able to use this card is essential for me but I really do hate the thought of rolling back to or even just to get it to work I've been running since the beta and now have the stable version nearly everything works fine except for this one niggling issue and a few other minor things I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me get this working once and for all I will provide any additional info if requested Thanks in advance for any help

A:Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections

Please copy & paste the following into notepad.
Code:
netsh wlan show all >%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query dhcp >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query dnscache >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query wlansvc >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
ipconfig /all >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
netsh advfirewall show global >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
netsh winhttp show proxy >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
Save the file as "Network.bat"Right click the file and select Run as Administrator.This will create a file called "Network.txt" on the desktop.Copy & paste the contents into your next post.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37797-win-8-1-x64-not-showing-2nd-network-adapter-connections.html
Relevancy 86.86%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello everyone There's a thing that puzzles me I have installations of Win Home Premium on different machines one on a self-built desktop one on a Sony Vaio and one on a HP Pavillion Plus a fourth installation of Win Starter on a little Asus EeePC The Network Connections window on the last one Starter shows for every adapter some details Pic as I believe is the norm while on the other installations Pic only the name of the connection is shown and it seems I can do nothing to get back what seems to be the normal indications as far as I know adapter Connections show No in details Network from past experience I have searched the web extensively but I can't find one single instance of this strange No adapter details show in Network Connections behaviour mentioned It seems I am the only one in the world to see this or I am a very bad searcher Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it No great deal but I find it a bit irritating Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390581-no-adapter-details-show-network-connections.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I am going to thank all in advance for any help you can give I have been working on this now for a few days and am making no progress I have read through every available forum message I could find tried most of it and am still at a loss A little history Vista Home Premium HP series laptop internal wireless and ethernet connection Netgear WGR v Router Motorola Broadband Modem SB Machine specifc information below Wn XP Desktop wired to router - connection perfect Win XP Old laptop Adapter Working/No Connections Network Quit wired to router - connection perfect Vista laptop wireless to router - connection dropped Wireless has always functioned perfectly until yesterday Booted up machine - no wireless connection I wired the laptop to the router no connection I wired the laptop direct to the modem no connection It s like someone just turned them off I went to the Netgear site Network Adapter Quit Working/No Connections and checked the router status wireless status etc and everything Network Adapter Quit Working/No Connections looks fine I admit the firmware needs to be updated but with two machines working fine and the laptop functioning fine for the last months I don t want to do that just yet I am pasting information from this machine below per instruction from other posts If you need further information don t hesitate to ask FROM SYSTEM INFORMATION SCREENS OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LAPTOP System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Network Adapter Quit Working/No Connections Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Laptop Stagg Time Zone Central Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys FROM SYSTEM SUMMARY COMPONENTS NETWORK ADAPTER Name WAN Miniport L TP Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport L TP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS L TPMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name Rasl tp IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Driver c windows system drivers rasl tp sys KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport PPTP Adapter Type Wide Area Network WAN Product Type WAN Miniport PPTP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PPTPMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name PptpMiniport IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Driver c windows system drivers raspptp sys KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport PPPOE Adapter Type Wide Area Network WAN Product Type WAN Miniport PPPOE Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PPPOEMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasPppoe IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address F Driver c windows system drivers raspppoe sys KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport IPv Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport IPv Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS NDISWANIPV Last Reset AM Index Service Name NdisWan IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Driver c windows system drivers ndiswan sys KB bytes AM Name Realtek RTL B B... Read more

Relevancy 86.43%

yesterday i booted up my computer and when i logged in it would totally freeze halfway done loading all my startup programs. I finally got it logged in by logging in with the wifi switch off. but when i got on all my network adapters werent there i checked the device manager i had a bunch of new adapters but windows said it couldn't load any of them, i managed to get my wi fi and ethernet back by rolling back the drivers but my hamachi network adapter and a bunch of other ones still wont load. Any ideas?

A:Random Network Adapters Appearing in device manager (Windows 7 x64)

Delete them all one by one and reboot the computer upon reboot the drivers for the devices will be automatically installed again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/187183-random-network-adapters-appearing-device-manager-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Where to start My old wireless network adapter recently died RIP and for the past few days I had Wireless connections. find Network Adapter wont been running Wireless Network Adapter wont find connections. internet Wireless Network Adapter wont find connections. to my computer via my laptop which was getting my internet wirelessly And today I bought a new wireless network adapter a MicroNEXT cm I installed the drivers and restarted my pc and plugged it in etc and from there it should of been bang straight away on the internet job done But obviously nothing is ever that simple I ve been on various websites trying to find a solution to my problem which is basically everything is working fine even in the properties it says this device is working properly BUT it wont detect any connections i ve tried everything I can think of down to restarts reinstalling drivers simply unplugging it and plugging it back in updating drivers troubleshooting which just sent me in circles via the help and support and out of the numerous forums no one i ve seen is having a similar problem so I can t seem to figure out what s wrong as there s seems to be no actual reason There is another thing which is i m using Window Home basic I think and when I start my pc even though there is no network cable plugged in it still seems to think that i m trying to connect through a wire and then obviously doesn t find a connection and I think this is because of me recently getting internet using a network cable to my laptop and everytime I plug it back into my laptop it works straight away but at the point when I plug my wireless network adapter in nothing it doesn t even seem to be attempting to work or even find a connection I m seriously baffeld and on the verge of giving up Help would be appreciated Thanks Dazz x nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

This is going to be work restart and Network dont manager at Task Connections a bit of a long read but please read it all before answering thanks Hello Task manager and Network Connections dont work at restart ive recently have been having the weirdest problem with my month old laptop It has been running great until one day after restarting normally the network connections icon on the task bar has a red X even though i am connected to the internet So i click on the icon and the popup window thing doesnt come up The one over the task bar so i right click it and i Task manager and Network Connections dont work at restart click connect to a Task manager and Network Connections dont work at restart network and the window comes up with white space and then i cant close the window its just frozen So i try opening task manager and even that doesnt work the green box just comes up on the taskbar and i cant click on it to open it or anything So i try to reboot only to learn that the computer wont shut off It stays at the logging off screen for longer than i can wait about a day So i force shut down by holding the power button on the laptop During startup my computer asks me if i want to start Alienware Respawn Like it always does I have an alienware which is like system restore with more features So i follow it and do a regular microsoft system restore to the day before the problem occured And then it goes back to normal and everything is connected and task manager works But then my network connection goes local only so i tried fixing it by doing different things like removing and plugging the modem and router but that didnt work either So i decide to restart and it still wont restart It stays at logging off for longer than i can wait So i force restart again and the same problem with task manager not opening and network connections not opening happens again Although i am connected to the internet and my computer runs slowly So i find myself system restoring again going local only on my wireless connection force rebooting and then having the task manager and network connections problem again I have run malware bytes scans and numerous online virus scans finding no viruses Im running Vista SP Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/task-manager-and-network-connections-dont-work-at-restart-338401.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My son schools online through a charter school connections menu and from LAN drivers device missing network The have provided him with a DakTech desktop It has and Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor It is running Windows XP Professional It has an HP LAN missing from network connections and device drivers menu Desjet F attached a microsoft wheel mouse and ViewSonic monitor It is hardwired through our modem with is Zoominternet by Armstrong cable LAN missing from network connections and device drivers menu We have one other computer just like it hardwired through the same wireless cable modem up stairs The host compter is a Dell running Windows Vista Home Premium We have a wireless Toshiba Satellite running Windows Vista Home premium that I am typing on now The problem is on my son s DakTech In the Network Connections dialog box the Local Area Connection icom is missing It should be there and sa Connected Firewalled Realtek RTL PCI-E I know exactly what it should say because I can look at my other son t identical computer No Network Adapters or even that heading are listed in the Divice Manager list It should say Network Adapters then under that Realtek RTL PCI-EGigabet Ethernet NIC This is completely missing I just got the computer It had Bit Defender on it I received a message from his school saying that bit Bit Defender was not compatible with a new Windows update We were told to uninstall it and then install Windows Security This operation went just fine on my other son s computer However on this one when I went to install the Windows Security my internet connection was gone I do not know if this operation was related or not I also had this computer networked so I could print on it from the other three computers in our home and none of that works now either My cable company says that our connections is fine on their end I am new to your forum and need all the help I can get Thank you in advance for your prompt response nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

As you can tell from my topic title, I've somehow ended up with... quite a few issues at once, not sure what's going on.

If I try to personalize the appearance of my menus or toolbar, XP view is not an option. Only "Classic."
My Network Connections folder is empty, "Please Make Sure The Network Connections service is running."
My soundcard doesn't seem to be recognized anymore, as Sounds and Audio Devices claims there is No Audio Device and No Playback Device.
I also can't run AVG's scans, because it claims to have no active components.

All of this after one restart. I -did- change Startup under msconfig before that restart, so I worry that may have been what I screwed up. Everything under Startup (or that was there after the restart) is checked, now.

I've got all of my XP updates, and I did have my latest drivers for everything.

Edit: Problem solved.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-device-detected-no-xp-style-empty-network-connections-444106.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen A friend Network Installs as Unknown Device Adapter from work brought his computer to my attention because in the past I ve been able to help a few other coworkers However this gentleman is running WIndows XP Media Center edition His Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device label states that there is an internal card of WM abg This computer is a Gateway I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device know I know mx Here s what I ve been able to find so far The network card worked at some point Whether he messed with the settings and screwed something up or whatever that has changed I checked the device manager and found that both the ethernet port and the wireless were installed to unknown devices I surfed over to driver support on gateway for his model of computer I tried to update the drivers with no success I then uninstalled the original drivers restarted the computer and found that windows would try to install the driver on its own unsuccessfully every time I knew at that point windows had to be finding its own drivers somewhere on the computer and if they weren t working I needed to stop this behavior I cleared the temp files cleared the obvious cabs from previous misintallations and then manually deleted the drivers related to the network card and restarted At that point I was able to install the gateway drivers however the same behavior occurs where the network card continues to fall into unknown drivers Now I figured this morning maybe some of the unknown drivers that aren t network-related need to be installed properly in order for the network card to be functional I m losing ideas and I d hate to waste a weekend going through needless steps I ve read up on this issue and it appears that this card does have some issues installing For the records as well I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device have installed using the intel drivers from the intel website and that has not worked either Any ideas I ve thought about updating his service pack to three reinstalling windows etc but there s no reason this network card should not be working if it was part of the original installation on the laptop Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated I ve attached a screenshot of what I see in the device manager as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-installs-as-unknown-device.729826/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all,I have a problem with my network adapter. It basically doesn't start. Troubleshooting doesn't work, updating driver doesn't work. With troubleshooting it says that I need the new windows 10 update (there is only 1 available for what I can see), but I don't have the internet to update. Uninstalling and reinstalling and disabling and enabling doesn't work as well. It worked in the past, but sunday after a very fast windows 10 update it doesn't work at all.Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Network-adapter-This-device-cannot-start-code-10/td-p/5828254
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I cannot seem to get the etherent port to work on my new Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, it will not connect with etherent cable at all altough there is a flashing orange light when i insert a cable. I have installed all the drivers from the disc, but on the driver propertise it says 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'

Things i have tried:
- Wiping hard drive and doing a reinstall of windows and reinstalling drivers.
- Uninstalling disc drivers and installing ones from the Asus website.
- Connecting with Wifi and scanning for updating drivers but just get this:
'The best driver software for your device is already installed'
'Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.
Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection'

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

A:Network Adapter - Device cannot start. (Code 10)

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If you've re-installed Windows and your Ethernet connection still didn't work, there might be something wrong with the integrated Ethernet adapter. Ethernet adapters are now very reasonable, I'd consider buying a Network Card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307319-network-adapter-device-cannot-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi Windows Bit does not detect ANY network adapters We installed windows in August and it has Manager In Devices W7 No Network Device been fine No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 now for some No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 reason it simply doesn't detect any adapters at all and does not display a Network Adapters heading in No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 the device manager folder tree The hardware in question is an onboard LAN card on a ASUS Sabertooth X motherboard the lan card is listed in the bios as a RTL SCLAN I have checked to be sure that the device is enabled in the BIOS as well as disabling other on board devices in case there was some kind of conflict I also tried installing an add on LAN card and that card is not detected either I have also reset the bios and removed the battery etc I have tried reinstalling the chipset and other drivers and I have uninstalled windows updates that happened near the time the network adapter vanished I used RKILL and ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes to clean up a few minor virus spyware files But that too has not helped This is my first post but I have been a big fan for a long time you guys do great things Please help before I get any more grey hair Thanks

A:No Network Devices In Device Manager W7

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Did you read this ?

Quote:

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

Did you try to run the add new hardware wizard to see if it detects the card ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-network-devices-in-device-manager-w7-615646.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey guys I Recently had Windows installed on one of my computers but the computer isn t very good so I downgraded back to windows xp sp My problem is after Windows Xp installs on this computer it doesn t detect my network device HELP! device in manager, network listed No What I No network device listed in manager, HELP! mean by this is there is no network tab or anything listed in the device manager My ethernet is built into my mboard which is an EVGA nf I ve tried No network device listed in manager, HELP! installing all No network device listed in manager, HELP! sorts of drivers and combinations of the such and nothing seems to work The internet worked fine prior to installed xp and has had xp before without this problem Also in the device manager there are x devices that are listed with yellow exclamation marks beside them that I am unsure what they are -PCI device -other pci bridge device -sm bus controller I previously had another computer with this same exact problem that I couldn t fix as well the only way I could fix it was to install windows Please help guys I really need this to work nbsp

A:No network device listed in manager, HELP!

Have you downloaded and installed the Chipset Driverss?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-device-listed-in-manager-help.978547/
Relevancy 79.55%

having just changed my operating system from Win98 to XP, my broadband connection is not available. I can see the icon in network connections but its saying 'unavailable - device missing'. What should I do?
Thanks

Relevancy 79.55%

I had a problem with the computer after a storm it turns to not have internet. After I checked and saw I could'n connect to internet through the modem with a broadband connection. Than checked Device Manager and there was not a network controller and everything was in order no question marks or yellow rectangles. Than tried to re install windows 7. After I tried to install the realtek driver for me LAN it show up the message The RealTek Network Adapter/Controller was not found.
If Deep Sleep Mode enabled Please Plug the Cable. Any Help please. MB MSI ms-7592 ver 5.2.

Relevancy 79.55%

I use a USB Wireless adapter. My internet operated completely normal after setting up a new internet connection. Now, the USB does not operate as it should. In the device manager, under network adaptors, it lists the adapter for the wired connection but does not list any wireless adaptor. The software also appears to be installed as it should for the appropriate wireless adaptor. I have a Dell Computer with Windows XP. Anyone offer any suggestions?????

A:Network Adapters - Device Manager

I'm assuming you installed the drivers from the disc that came with the software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-adapters-device-manager-349331.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi Windows Bit does not detect Manager No Network In Device W7 Devices ANY network adapters We installed windows in August and it has been fine now for some reason it simply doesn t detect any adapters at all and does not display a Network Adapters heading in the device manager folder tree The hardware in question is an onboard LAN card on a ASUS Sabertooth X motherboard the lan card is listed in the bios as a RTL SCLAN I have checked to be sure that the device No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 is enabled in the BIOS as well as disabling other on board devices in case there was some kind of conflict I also tried installing an add on LAN card and that card is not detected either I have also reset the bios and removed the battery etc I have tried reinstalling the chipset and other drivers and I have uninstalled windows updates that happened near the time the network adapter vanished I used RKILL and No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes to clean up a few minor virus spyware files But that too has not helped This is my first post but I have been a big fan for a long time you guys do great things Please help before I get any more grey hair Thanks

A:No Network Devices In Device Manager W7

Hi .

<<...and ran ComboFix...>>

I have no answer, but what exactly happened when you attempted to reinstall the LAN drivers? Error message, please.

FWIW: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429921/no-network-devices-in-device-manager-w7/
Relevancy 79.55%

I recently had to do a fresh install of my windows xp on a dimension 8250. The last time i did this i had to go download Ethernet drivers and it worked right away . This time I tried to download and install the chip-set and drivers but they are not working. When i go to the device manager the is not even a network category. Last time I at least had yellow ? marks. I have service pack 1 installed but i can't manage to get service pack 2 installed with dial up. I'm considering doing another reformat with hopes that it will fix it. Any ideas would be quite helpful.

Syn

A:device manager not showing network at all

if you go into device manager and view hidden devices - there are no yellow ? listed ?
also no network adapters listed

what happens when you tried to install the drivers ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-not-showing-network-at-all.939571/
Relevancy 79.55%

i just reinstall my computer with operting system cd. but i cannot find network adaptor in device manager.all i see monitors then other devices ,but no network adaptor .can anyone please help me.

A:no adaptor network in device manager

If you have a on board network and have the board cd it should be on the cd [driver]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-adaptor-network-in-device-manager.839698/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, I've found many questions of this sort on this forum but none of them answers my question.. I have recently reinstalled Windows xp and normally lost all the drivers for my NIC card, so i went to the manufacturer's site and downloaded the drivers, but yet there is no Network adapters in my device manager... what should do next? thanks a lot!
p.s. i'm using Silan RTL8139 fast ethernet adapter on winxp.

Relevancy 79.12%

hi all,

Im trying to install a LinkSys network card, and it doesn't work after I do. When I try to reinstall in device manager, the error I get is "name is already in use as either a device name or service name"

I've tried all the obvious... uninstall, reinstall stuff. I know I have to play with the registry to fix this but I dont know where to start. Can anyone help me, because as of now, my mother's computer doesn't get the internet!

thanks in advance everyone

A:Problem installing Network Adapter - name in use as device name or service name!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-network-adapter-name-in-use-as-device-name-or-service-name.381237/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have an machine running Windows XP pro that has two network adapters - One is a Linksys LNE TX card plugged into a PCI slot - The other is an integrated network card unknown vendor At one time in the past I had both network adapters running because I was going to use the machine as a firewall but other projects came up and it just didn t happen I can t remember what I did but I must of uninstalled the driver on the integrated card or something because it doesn t show up under Control Panel - gt Network Connections I can only see the Linksys Driver Installing Device Adapter Problem Network card I just Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver bought a new machine and I want to put the Linksys card into it and use the integrated network card for the old machine Under the device manager I can see the Linksys card and under quot Other devices quot I see quot Ethernet Controller quot Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver with a yellow question mark by it This looks like it might be the integrated Network Adapter I look at the properties for this and I see that quot The device is not configured correctly Code Since I Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver don t know which driver to install and I do not have a CD for this integrated card I opened up my machine to see if I see the name of it but there isn t anything there to determine what type of integrated card that it is so I know which drive to install I ve tried letting the wizard find the appropriate driver for it on the Internet but it fails I ve tried different drivers when I do it manually but each driver installation attempt comes back with quot The Device Cannot Start Code quot I ve also run Belarc on my machine to see if it will pick up a hardware type on the integrated network adapter but it only sees the Linksys adapter Can anyone give me any advice on where I should look next

A:Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver

Hello SysTech GuyYou could try windows update. Sometimes it picks up on network drivers and updates them. Or you could download WinAuditand have a look for the other network adapter. Also, if the device is embedded into the motherboard, what make and model is the board? This will lead to finding the adaptor.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155906/problem-installing-network-adapter-device-driver/
Relevancy 78.69%

i just had to reinstall windows XP home edition on my computer after buying a new hard drive..long story short, i had installed XP Pro just yesterday cuz thats the CD my sister's boyfriend sent up with my hard drive after ordering it, but it was a copy and not a valid disk of windows so nothing would verify. now i'm back where i started with no internet connection and i dont want to do what i had to do yesterday cuz i think thats what messed everything up..under device manager, it's all ?'s and !'s in the one section where i know it's supposed to mean my whole internet connection. any help is appreciated! if you need and more info i will try to elaborate but this story is so oversaid for me that i'm getting tired of retyping it!

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi And thank you for any help in advance I have an old laptop I mainly use for photoshop ebay selling my homemade items sorry irrelevant Anyway as of yesterday not But.. Network Adaptors Device Manager.. Vista in I have no way of it connecting to the internet wont connect via wireless so just figured I would use a cable and yet it still wont connect Tells me im not connected You are currently not connected to any network It don't even give me any networks to connect too Diagnose and repair says - Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem no sh Sherlock lol Manage network connections shows nothing and so Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But.. on So I go to device manager as many posts ive read told me to and see I have no option of network adaptor Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But.. there But I have at the bottom a new one called unknown with a long list of items with yellow explanation marks as follows Atheros AR EG Wireless Network adaptor Bluetooth Device personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI this one has a question mark instead Then I have x isatap C D - - -BAA -F BD BBC A Then x isatap int core-engineering de Then Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Realtek RTL Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But.. E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface WAN Miniport IP WAN Miniport IPv WAN Miniport Network Monitor WAN Miniport PPPOE WAN Miniport PPTP I don't know what to tell you about my system I am rather pc stupid but ill try Vista home basic Dell Vostro A intel core duo CPU Gb -Bit OS Not sure what else you need to know or where ill find it Please help me in very simple terms or am I doomed Now remember I cannot connect to the internet but do have another pc im using currently if that helps Tried a system restore as far back as it allows in safe mode too and it fails to complete all the time Really hoping to avoid a factory restore if possible as I will lose much work for my home business and cannot currently find my photoshop disc Thank in advance Please help

A:Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But..

Maybe take your laptop to a public library, Starbucks coffee shop, and try to connect there. If you can connect to the Internet try downloading, installing, and running a free driver program such as "Driver Booster" or something similar. See if you can update all those likely outdated drivers with yellow exclamation marks. See if it helps?

Vista 32

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302997-vista-network-adaptors-not-device-manager-but.html
Relevancy 78.69%

i cannnot see my network adapters in device manager..what may the possible reason? becoz of this i unable to install the drivers..when i am trying to install the network drivers it is showing NO NETWORK ADAPTERS FOUND..!!

A:No NETWORK ADAPTERS FOUND IN DEVICE MANAGER??

mine is onboard lancard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-adapters-found-in-device-manager.826144/
Relevancy 78.69%

When going through device manager, there is no Network Adapters section. All network cards show up as unknown devices even though I've installed the drivers for them. In Control Panel -> Network Connections, there is no Local Area Connection. I've tried a new network card and that didn't fix anything either.

ipconfig / all gives me:

Windows IP COnfiguration. That's all. Nothing else shows up.

I'm so lost.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello everyone Long time no see Anyway while attempting to understand why Expanded In Already Network Device Manager Adapters my Windows x laptop Network Adapters Already Expanded In Device Manager has for the past several months failed to connect wirelessly to my AT amp T wireless modem router when coming out of sleep I again noticed that my network adapters are already expanded when I open Device Manager To the best of my knowledge none of the items in Device Manager should already be expanded unless there's a problem I don't recall when this first occurred but I imagine it has something to do with not being able to connect wirelessly after coming out of sleep mode but I digress I never have a problem connecting when restarting or turning on the laptop only when coming out of sleep mode I'm not concerned about the sleep connection issue because I've researched it for months tried every solution and still have the problem I've also researched the problem concerning my adapters already being expanded in Device Manager but haven't been able to find any information on it My wireless adapter the Intel Centrino Wireless-N has functioned properly both before and after I updated the driver today through Intel's website I'm just wondering why the network adapters are already expanded upon opening Device Manager Again I'm not concerned about the sleep connection issue as there seems to be no solution for it other than a complete reinstall of the OS I have attached a screenshot of my Device Manager Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided

A:Network Adapters Already Expanded In Device Manager

Looking at that image shows issues with the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter. It's hard to see the down arrow on the two icons, particularly since they got away from using the yellow triangle but the first clue is the expanded list, always shows when there's a problem in the category. As for the problem could simply be the WiFi is turned off or maybe drivers need to be reinstalled or updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361480-network-adapters-already-expanded-device-manager.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My son bought a Compaq SR NX summer of He used the LAN for very short time before downgrading to XP and then used a wireless connection He is now needing the LAN again but the icon is missing manager adapters device missing Network in under Network Connections and there are no network adapters listed in device manager When trying to install new hardware Windows does not detect the card It is not listed after Windows searches either He Network adapters missing in device manager has removed the card rebooted powered down reinserted the card and rebooted - to no avail In the BIOS the the onboard LAN is enabled but not the onboard LAN boot ROM we re getting out of my knowledge here so wasn t sure if that should be enabled or not and too afraid to try He can get a copy of the driver but no way to install it that I know of I m helping him over the phone so the info is a little lacking sorry He s considering buying a new NIC card but realize that won t help if it s a MoBo issue Any suggestions greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

I recently recovered from the Agobot worm and a couple other viruses (serv1ces.exe and microsoft.exe). However I noticed today that nothing shows up when I try to access the Device Manager or my Network Properties. Is there a way to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Dell XPS machine at our office in which something went haywire with the HDD so I installed a brand new HDD and did a fresh install of Windows After everything completed and all updates were Manager error Network in Controller Device installed I still had devices with yellow triangles listed Network Controller error in Device Manager under Unknown Devices in Device Manager I went to the Dell website and put in the machine's service code and found several drivers that I installed which fixed of the Unknown Devices However one still remains called Network Controller This Network Controller error in Device Manager particular machine had its ethernet port on the motherboard wiped out during a lightning storm early last year which affected a number of devices in the office anything from PC's to printers even to the HVAC systems I discovered the dead ethernet port on the Network Controller error in Device Manager machine so I ordered and installed an Intel EXPI STBLK gigabit PCI-e discreet network adapter Everything seems to be working fine on the machine other than quot Network Controller quot being listed as an unknown device in Device Manager In Network and Sharing Center the only items listed as adapters are the Bluetooth connection and the Intel discreet network adapter Those items are also listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters as all functioning properly I have looked in the device property details for the quot Network Controller quot and cannot find any information in any of the entries about what manufacturer or model the device is so I really don't know where to look for a driver Any ideas

A:Network Controller error in Device Manager

And in case this helps, I tried "wmic baseboard" at a command prompt - the board manuf. is of course Dell, product 0KWVT8, serial CN7220036E019Z.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363664-network-controller-error-device-manager.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running on Windows Vista SP A few days ago I suddenly could not access the internet from that laptop I checked the network working & not Card Device Manager Network connections and found that it Device Manager & Network Card not working could not detect the network although I could still use my other laptop to access the internet Thinking that it s a problem with the network card I decided to check the Device Manager only to find that it was not working I can access the device manager s main page seeing the list of all devices but I cannot do anything there Whenever I select a device and attempt to view its properties the device manager becomes unresponsive It doesn t hang but just refuses to show me any useful information Neither can I perform any action on the devices as well disable etc I have not encountered anything like this before and trawling the net doesnt seem to bring up any examples of people meeting this problem Can anyone Device Manager & Network Card not working here help please Oh by the way I just want to add that I don t reckon it s a malware issue coz all other signs of the laptop are fine like booting up running and CPU activity on task manager Any help much appreciated

A:Device Manager & Network Card not working

Did you try system restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387591/device-manager-network-card-not-working/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello Forum,

I have a Inspirion 1150
Broadcom 440x10/100 network controller.

This is my problem:
In Device Manager,
I have 1 installed network controller that is running properly, but I have 1 that has a yellow ? with a !.
This is what it says:

Network Controller, in properties it shows the Manufacturer as "Unknown," and the Driver status says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried to un-install controller, it comes back.

What do I do with this "Generic" controller that has no name, I dont know what driver to look for because I dont know what it is.

Please Help...
RICK...

Relevancy 78.69%

One of our Surface Pros with Win 10 locked up at the "Surface" boot screen and -- after a forced restart -- had lost all networking functionality. Normally, I'd head to the Device Manager, delete the corrupted drivers and restart, however, the Network category seems to have been wiped out entirely.

Not sure how to restore connectivity, now...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-category-missing-from-device-manager.1164884/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, Please Help
Network card is missing from the device manager and there is no such thing like network adapters in the device manager.
Laptop is IBM T 21.
Someone told me to install motherboard chipset drivers and I do not know where to find them...

further, I installed network card drivers but nothing happend.

I can not connect to the internet using broard band. (ADSL)

Please Help

( I do not know whether network card existed or not, because I baught this second hand)

Thanks

Relevancy 78.69%

Hey all and Network not -- adapter device mgr disappearing installing properly problems from Here s my computer info I built it myself with parts from NewEgg i - Gigabyte GA-P A-UD motherboard USB and Sata GB Network adapter problems -- not installing properly and disappearing from device mgr AData RAM GB OCZ Agility SSD TB WD Black HDD Radeon graphics card ASUS DVD-RW drive Win Home Premium bit I built the PC in June and have had no problems with it A few days ago the onboard network adapter stopped working Network adapter problems -- not installing properly and disappearing from device mgr kept telling me that the cable was not connected when it obviously was I have cable internet running through a Linksys Wireless router This desktop and another running Win XP are connected to it with ethernet cables I have a laptop and two iPhones that connect wirelessly The wireless connections never drop and the WinXP desktop is fine I swapped cables around and verified that the cable going into the Win desktop was fine I have rebooted my router and cable modem that didn t help When a Network adapter problems -- not installing properly and disappearing from device mgr cable is plugged into the port on the motherboard the green light comes on briefly the yellow activity light blips twice and then both go off That process then repeats I fiddled with the onboard adapter to no avail so I went out and bought a PCI network card not wanting to RMA the motherboard right now I grabbed a Dynex adapter from Best Buy it has Win drivers Windows did not recognize the card when I booted up I had to run the installer from the CD and after some twiddling right clicked on network adapters in device mgr and chose the quot look for changes quot option it finally showed up and I was able to connect to the interweb Then I would get dropped after anywhere from to minutes of being connected The only thing that would reconnect me was to disable and re-enable the adapter in device manager I booted into safe mode and didn t have the dropping connection problem Then it stopped working again and now I have hit the point where the network card does not show up AT ALL in device manager no matter what I do I have tried it with the motherboard-based ethernet disabled and enabled I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software for the PCI adapter and NOTHING works now I have booted into safe mode and it s not recognized where it previously was I have tried the quot search for new hardware quot and it finds nothing I haven t made any changes to the configuration of the system no new apps installed in the past two weeks I am no longer sure that the original problem with the network port on the motherboard is really an issue with the motherboard I have no clue what to try now -- I am the quot computer guy quot that all of my friends go to when stuff is broken and if I can t fix it I don t have anyone else to ask Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Network adapter problems -- not installing properly and disappearing from device mgr

Let's give this a try first.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Next, try malware and spyware scans, since this could be some sort of infection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-problems-not-installing-properly-and-disappearing-from-device-mgr.958155/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all Firstly kudos to the mods and active tech members who have made non-IT professionals lives so easier Thank you and hats off to you all I have seen other related solved topics here but my case is a bit different I guess - as I have tried and tested those I have a Toshiba satellite A series laptop GHz duo core GB RAM HDD and I ve been using Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition for over years and very seldom I had problems except for viruses of course I have Microsoft security essentials installed and I know that s not the best in the business list Wireless from Device adapter missing network Manger's in terms of protection But off late I have noticed that my in-built firewall and defender wouldn t get started -I am using my friend s laptop will post the exact message next time I come here Okay yesterday I used my laptop in a bus with wifi on it After reaching home I found myself Wireless network adapter missing from Device Manger's list unable to connect to the internet through wifi the wifi network list was just blank When I checked the device manager gt network gt I could only find ethernet there - gt no wireless adapter Though it connects to the internet via the ethernet cable So is it due to viruses and or corrupt registry I use cc cleaner for system optimisation free disc s space - as you might know in Windows Vista the free space in c drive mysteriously gets reduced everyday the laptop is turned on - I saw in Microsoft s website that using such cleaning tools actually harms more than anything else May be my system s registry has gone haywire and so is the wifi adapter I Wireless network adapter missing from Device Manger's list have seen other related posts here and I want to kindly let you know that I am not a beginner - I ve been using computers for about years now and have more than a basic knowledge about it So please expect me to have tried basic things like - reinstalling the device driver checking if the switch is on and so forth My question is - has the time come when I started considering formatting my system and re-install a fresh copy of windows vista ofcourse as my hardware is a bit too old to support newer OSs Or is it the hardware problem How do we know that the concerned hardware is dead now Do I format the system or just buy an external USB wifi device Also if I may ask - do I have to buy a new copy of windows or would the previous license key work Many many thanks in anticipation Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Tech support,

I've recently installed Windows Vista x64 on my machine and used my motherboards built-in wireless connection to connect to my flat's wireless router. Everything worked fine until I noticed that whenever I remove a USB device from my front panel (USB Stick, MP3 Player) the wireless suddenly loses it's connection with the router, and the only thing I've found to fix things is a restart of my PC.
I also have a Laptop running a 32-bit version of Vista, and after trying it there it seems to have exactly the same problem.
Any ideas what's causing this, or better still how to fix it?

A:Disconnecting USB device causes Wireless network adapter to lose connection

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagen

Hi Tech support,

I've recently installed Windows Vista x64 on my machine and used my motherboards built-in wireless connection to connect to my flat's wireless router. Everything worked fine until I noticed that whenever I remove a USB device from my front panel (USB Stick, MP3 Player) the wireless suddenly loses it's connection with the router, and the only thing I've found to fix things is a restart of my PC.
I also have a Laptop running a 32-bit version of Vista, and after trying it there it seems to have exactly the same problem.
Any ideas what's causing this, or better still how to fix it?

I am having the same problem for all my 5 computers.
They all have the same specs except for hard drive / disc drives and graphics card.

My temporary fix:
GUI:
Start Orb > Control Panel > View network status and tasks > Manage network connections > Select "Wireless Network Connection" > Disable this network device > Enable this network device

Command Line:

Code:
netsh interface set interface "Wireless Network Connection" DISABLE
netsh interface set interface "Wireless Network Connection" ENABLE
It's still not the solution to the problem, but it works when I need it. It does get annoying when I have to use USB devices and the Internet at the same time, though. This is why I want a solution to this problem.

Computer Specs:

Quote:

Motherboard: ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo CPU, E4500 @ 2.20GHz @ 2.2GHz
Memory Total: 4095MB DDR2
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 - 6.0.6001 SP1
Display: 1920x1200 @ 59Hz on Generic PnP Monitor and NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Network: Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter

For more detailed information about my computer, check out the attached TXT file:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/attachments/windows-vista-support/28233d1211184267-disconnecting-usb-device-causes-wireless-network-adapter-lose-connection-cdn-dc-vista-01-report.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disconnecting-usb-device-causes-wireless-network-adapter-to-lose-connection-242971.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi
I am facing a problem in all windows 8 machines that the network getting warning symbol in device manager after user locked for some time and when i scan for new hardware at the time it is getting running properly... daily i am facing the issue in user machines
is there any solution for this....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7dc60271-7a95-4564-a293-508d2cf6cf93/network-adapater-got-warning-symbol-in-device-manager?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46985-network-devices-listed-under-unknown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 77.83%

after installing software for a logitech webcam, i noticed that the little network activity icon (the two computer screens) was no longer displayed in my taskbar. i uninstalled the software (it wouldnt work anyway, which is strange) to no avail. i then went to network connections in the control panel, and thats when i discovered that there were none. normally, there's three: 1394, wireless and network connections. i then went to the device manager to investigate further, and nothing shows up there either. a virus scan showed no problems. what the heck happened?!

also, i forgot to add that im still able to use the internet via the wireless connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/items-missing-from-device-manager-and-network-connnections.300394/