Windows Support Forum

Solved: Upload Speed Slow Over Wifi

Q: Solved: Upload Speed Slow Over Wifi

I have done multiple speedtest from www.speedtest.net over the past 3 days and when I am directly connected to my modem, my download speed is roughly 35 MBPS however, when I am on wifi (literally 5 feet from the router) my download speed is roughly 20 MBPS. I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 router found here http://www.engadget.com/products/belkin/f5d8236-4/.

Is this slowdown of speed due to my router/interference or what?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Upload Speed Slow Over Wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

What is the ratio supposed to be between the download speed and the upload speed in a normal working configuation so upload Why is my Solved: slow? speed My webpages are taking forever to load I Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow? used this speedtest http my verizon com micro speedtest broadband and the result was download speed Mbps upload speed Mbps This problem started yesterday and I don t know how to troubleshoot or fix the problem Here is my system and equipment that I am using My provider is cable Brighthouse hooked up to their Scientific Atlanta modem and from there it is hooked up to a Belkin Connect N wireless router Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow? I am not using the wireless on my laptop but am wired directly to the router Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Boards Not Applicable Not Applicable Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow?

What is the ratio supposed to be between the download speed and the upload speed in a normal working configuation?Click to expand...

Whatever your ISP declares it to be (presumably they have configured their network that way). For example, my cable ISP advertises 12 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up.

I'm not convinced that the results from that Verizon test are reliable for people who do not have Verizon service. How about trying Speedtest.net? Using that what results do you get with a connection to the router, and what do you get with a connection directly to the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-my-upload-speed-so-slow.972167/
Relevancy 80.41%

About a month ago we began experiencing intermittent periods of very slow internet service on our home network which includes two desktops running Win XP SP Both are manufactured by Cooltech The one with a problem is less than a year old with extra capacity all around It is connected to an HP printer and to a Linksys router for wireless connection We connect to network Slow slows Upload PC Solved: entire speed the internet via HughesNet satellite Analysis has tracked the slowdown to one of the two desktops the new one When running a Solved: Slow PC Upload speed slows entire network bandwidth speed test at pcpitstop this PC shows normal download speeds erratic ping results sometimes normal sometimes X to X longer than normal but always with very slow Uploads Normal upload speed is about kbps a speed which this PC consistently Solved: Slow PC Upload speed slows entire network achieved until about a month ago This PC now shows Solved: Slow PC Upload speed slows entire network uploads of or kbps This slow time is independent of how the PC connects to the internet wirelessly or hard wired straight to the modem it makes no difference Not only is this computer experiencing very slow uploads but when it is on the home network by wireless the entire network experiences the same slow speeds i e both desktops operate with very slow uploads and do so with both IE and Firefox browsers When I Disconnect the slow PC from the wireless connection the other PC returns to normal upload speeds TCP IP is set up the same on both PCs and has not changed from earlier when we were not experiencing this problem There have been no hardware changes The slow PC has had some new software added to it but nothing which should affect internet connections I have scanned for viruses AVG and run AdAware SpyBot and several of the free RootKit removers none of which have found anything amiss I hope someone can help diagnose and solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 73.96%

My Sony Vaio laptop is experiencing slow internet speed even though the signal level shows as excellent. This is only when using it upstairs, where it is normally used. In the same room as the router it is fine. This has only just starting happening and it was OK anywhere in the house until a couple of days ago. To make it even more confusing my wife's notebook and my iphone work fine on the network in the bedroom. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 73.96%

I have un-installed and re-installed my Linksys E wireless N router several times and can only achieve about MBPS d l and MBPS u l data speeds on a year old HP laptop running speed... download V. slow wifi Solved: Windows This is wireless service and the laptop is within feet of the router I have Comcast service on my desktop and my quot connected quot normal d l speed is MBPS with MBPS u l Don Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... t know what Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... else to do I have connected the laptop directly to the modem and get MBPS speed so there is something I m missing in the wireless router setup Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G M-ES L Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled Any ideas bernsinlanc nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello Recently I noticed that my Internet's upload speed is EXTREMELY low No problem with Download I have almost a M Download But i ran a speed Upload Slow Speed test on Speedtest net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and downlaod was fine no problem but i simply wouldn't upload I Slow Upload Speed tried sending an email Slow Upload Speed with a small attachment very slow took like minutes to add the attachement I have AVG Internet Security with everything turned on Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe Slow Upload Speed C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Users Dan Desktop Dan HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL myAOL HP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page myAOL HP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - A... Read more

A:Slow Upload Speed

Hijackthis is ok if you run a HP computer.
Did you install a prog before having this problem?
Try a speedtest with AV/Firewall disabled. (post the result)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/154988-slow-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 72.67%

i dont no if this is slow or not but if someone can look that this for me

guys so there is nothing i can do ??

A:upload speed is slow

Thats faster than mine..... Them numbers are useless without knowing what youre paying for.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283011-upload-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to upload a file on mediafire but speed was too slow(around 45 KB/s).Is there any free file hosting service with good upload speed and resumable too?I'm in a college use proxy to connect to the internet.The download speed varies between 100KB/s and 1MB/s.

A:Slow upload speed

Here is a list of some, i have not used any of these except filehosting.org. Hope this helps ou get started

http://www.tipsblogger.com/2009/07/10-best-free-file-hosting-service-providers/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442744/slow-upload-speed/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi my download speed and upload speed went very slow a week and half back before this they were fine upload speeds of kb speed Upload slow and download speed of - kb Now my download speed has come back to normal but my upload speed is still slow getting - kb upload rate I use a Upload speed slow router speedtouch Product Name Thompson ST v Serial Number CP JT RA Software Release Software Variant EX Boot Loader Version Product Code Board Name BANT-W Operating system Windows Vista Hijack log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows PixArt Pac Monitor exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myaolbroadband co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myaolbroadband co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run Monitor C Windows PixArt PAC Monitor exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quo... Read more

Relevancy 71.81%

My pc problem? the is my Slow Upload speed, friend has highspeed cable and is getting kbps dl but only kbps upload Thats right I didn't miss a number kbps upload I had her send me her hijackthis log file I don't Slow Upload speed, is my pc the problem? see anything too out of the ordinary but maybe you all do She just got her pc back from the shop I should mention so it shouldn't be her pc but who knows Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C taclient jre bin java exe C taclient tag tawcl exe C taclient MediaBroker exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office winword exe C taclient taspeedg taspeedg exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Roadrunner R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run HPHUPD C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run PhilipsDM quot C Program Files Philips Philips Device Manager Bin DeviceManager exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embed... Read more

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi guys!
I'm having a big trouble with my internet connection. The Upload speed is extremely slow...
after i got a new mainboard, that problem appears
Here is my http://speedtest.net result:
download speed: 9.45 Mbps
upload speed: Failed, cannot test the upload speed

And the result from http://ip-adress.com/speedtest/ :
download speed: 9.11 Mbps
upload speed: 0.02 Mbps

I'm tired with my suck internet connection! Upload a 1MB photo to Facebook took me hours...
This problem has started for a week and I have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix the problem.
Can you guys help me out
thanks a lot

A:Why is my upload speed extremely slow?

Anyone?
Please help me...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-upload-speed-extremely-slow.1092435/
Relevancy 71.81%

Has anyone had this upload slow speed? Sudden problem before I m running windows xp and all of a sudden Sudden slow upload speed? yesterday my upload went from around mb which is my limit for my ISP to anywhere between - kbps My download speed is just as quick as it s always been I have called my ISP Shaw and they suggested something is blocking my connection because my ping was either really high or really low I apologize I don t understand how ping works I just ran a speed test and the ping was at ms and the upload was kbps it took nearly minutes to calculate the upload speed I was told a virus could be blocking my connection so I have ran numerous anti-malware removal programs including Sudden slow upload speed? SuperAntiSpyware malware-bytes avira anti-vir cc cleaner spybot search and destroy they removed some viruses but still have not fixed the problem My ISP s customer service rep suggested that maybe download accelerator plus may be blocking it but it didn t fix it either I ve also tried a system restore to a point that was about a month ago I m completely lost and would rather not wait a couple days and pay the computer store to clean my computer I apologize for just joining and making this my first post but I m desperate Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I'm currently trying to get an importnt postion for a job but it requires a upload speed of 635-640.But my computer upload speed is currently 437.10 ,what can literally make my upload speed run faster? PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE,THANKX!*

A:slow upload speed from internet

Ultimately the upload and download speeds you get are determined by your Internet connection. You need to contact your ISP to find out the normal upload speed for your connection. If your speed is substantially slower than this your computer or other hardware may have issues. But in most cases you would need to buy a faster connection from your ISP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-upload-speed-from-internet-610003.html
Relevancy 71.81%

HELP!!

I do not know what I have done. I have cable with fast d/l speed but u/l speed is terrible. Cable tech support has not been able to help at all. Have read many forums and cannot find anything addressing only upload probs.

Setup:
2 comps connected to dlink di604 router then to motorola surfboard modem. router is just to share internet connection. the comps are not networked.

I keep getting timed out when I send an email w/ 3.7MB attachment using Outlook Express. If I try to send the same with IE the page just locks up. My P2P also has no u/l speed even when set to max.

Cable co says I have the max package which is 5MB down/ 1MB up.

Cant figure out which switch to flip, this slowdown is in both machines.

Thanks

A:Upload speed slow 4 kilobits/sec

Try hooking up one machine directly to the cable modem. See if it speeds up, if it does it's your router. If not, call the cable company back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-slow-4-kilobits-sec.465391/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello am from Lithuania Europe Have wired LAN internet direct to PC no wireless Mbps download upload both to Lithuania and abroad Dell Latitude Windows Firewall Nod Windows Noticed my to upload Slow abroad speed upload to Europe is only - Mpbs to Lithuania - - Mbps Download is - Mbps to everywhere in Europe Disabled firewall and Slow upload speed to abroad Nod - nothing changed Scanned with Nod and Malwarebytes - nothing Can t understand Slow upload speed to abroad where the reason is Also have to note my first hop of tracert always gives time outs so time outs for DHCP Sometimes in the morning after turning my Dell on I notice I have upload for Mbps to Europe for - minutes then upload fails to - I also noticed during this short term of that fast upload first hop of tracert gives no time outs Contacted my ISP they came turned their PC on and got - Mbps upload Told problem was on my side and left Any ideas on my upload nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-upload-speed-to-abroad.1167483/
Relevancy 71.38%

Got 50/10 internet today but when I run speedtest with my desktop PC results are following:

I only get about 0.6 Mbps upload with this device but with my laptop (connected it to same cable than my PC) and with my phone (wifi) I get stable 10 Mbps.

I'm using Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials (same with my laptop). Also tried closing firewall but that didn't make any difference.

A:Slow upload speed with 1 PC, others work fine

Well I got it sorted out, it seems that Net Limiter 3 does limit speeds even while it is not running :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250694-slow-upload-speed-1-pc-others-work-fine.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am a new DropBox user. I find the upload speed to be quite slow - am getting about 15kB/sec even though I set DropBox preferences for unlimited download and unlimited upload speed. The speed test at DSLReports.com measured my download speed at 580kb/sec and my upload speed at 139kb/sec. Why is DropBox so slow? Is there anything I can do to improve the upload speed? Or is this just a misunderstanding on my part?

Thank you.

A:DropBox upload speed is slow - Any way to improve?

Oops  -  forgot to include my platform in my post.

Windows 7 Home Edition, using Windows Firewall & Avira anti-virus

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488161/dropbox-upload-speed-is-slow-any-way-to-improve/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 70.52%

Upload speed is dirt slow on just about every site I have tried to upload to slow to really use have Slow Dirt Speed Most On Idea Why No I Upload Sites Is it I have Upload Speed Is Dirt Slow On Most Sites I have No Idea Why done a speed test test shows the upload speed to be just fine I have done a test video showing how slow I am getting on file host iframe Zippyshare I should be Upload Speed Is Dirt Slow On Most Sites I have No Idea Why getting a min of k upload speed and I am not Only sites I have found that I get close to normal upload speed are adult tube sites Even Youtube I am only getting kbs and Mega co nz I am only getting k I had a tech come out a few days ago and check my modem router combo and the lines everything seemed fine only thing the tech replaced was the line from the modem to the wall Replacing the line did not fix anything I have tested the upload with the same few sites on differnet computers and both are dirt slow I have no idea why my upload speed is slow on about of the sites I have test now I am getting like kbps max my max upload speed should be mbs Anybody have any idea what could be causing slow upload speed for me Edit Topic moved from General Chat to the more appropriate forum Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565692/upload-speed-is-dirt-slow-on-most-sites-i-have-no-idea-why/
Relevancy 70.52%

In the past, I do have upload speeds of 400 kB/s to 1.0 mB/s for popular torrents.
But now, my upload speeds is either nil or just a few kB/s.
I checked the peers I have for the torrents, most of my torrents have an oddly low number of peers now, either 0 or just 2-3. Is this weird ? Even for the popular torrents such as Ubuntu, I only have 1 active peer, which is part of the reason why my upload speed is so slow ?

Any help is appreciated.

A:[uTorrent] Slow upload speed and low number of peers.

Hi there

As I'm sure you know the download speed is affected by the number of people seeding that particular torrent at that particular time, however I would imagine that as long as you have completely downloaded that torrent, then your upload speeds should be independent and not related to the amount of people seeding/downloading that torrent.

This may be a stupid question, but is it safe to presume that you haven't changed any settings (utorrent or otherwise) between now and when your speeds were 1.0 mb/s?

One other possibility would be that your ISP has decided to limit the upload (and maybe the download) speed of P2P connections?? - just thinking of all the possibilities here

BTW +1000 for seeding :thumbs up:

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/302626-utorrent-slow-upload-speed-low-number-peers.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok long story short My download speed is fantastic mbps but once again my ISP Comcast has found some royal way to mess up the entire deal Basically whenever I try to upload for some reason sometimes the upload will fail and the few times I CAN get an upload going the speed is abysmal we re talking mbps or less I have tested against multiple devices on my network rebooted the modem router it s Comcast s all-in-one thing that includes a router I tested against a computer plugged by wire directly to it Can someone give me some general tips other than quot Call them and yell at them quot again When I say quot can t get upload quot I mean like going on speedtest net watching it show a ms ping download speed then hang on upload to sit for all eternity and returning no upload metric My connection to game servers is equally as stunted at this point nbsp

A:ISP Upload Speed is nonexistent, making upload connections doesn't always happen

If 192.168.100.1 (in your browser's address bar) brings up some modem status check the signal levels (see attached for mine). The Upstream Power should be 30 to 55 dBmV. If you can't get this data I think that your ISP can check it remotely. For more info along this train of thought see What kind of signal levels do I want on my cable modem?.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isp-upload-speed-is-nonexistent-making-upload-connections-doesnt-always-happen.1153159/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Problem: Router upload speed extremly down after connecting computer from 1st floor.

It start happened few weeks ago. I thought it's maybe Comcast problem, but if I connected modem straight to my computer (without the router) - worked perfect. So...

I changed to another router - same result... Than I tested the router by connecting clients one after one. It worked fine utill I connected computer from 1st floor.

I tested again and and again, and I figure out the problem - BitTorrent. I have no idea what is it, never used this, and asked to not use this anymore, because it cause my internet speed.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi. I've been corresponding with windows vista forum for the last week to see get my computer running better. I am starting a customer service job with a company and I will be working from home talking to customers through a headset from the company's website. The company requires at least 1.45Mbps upload speed. I have yet to make that speed. I upgraded my plan with Hughes Net and I'm suppose to get 2Mbps upload, but still no luck. I cannot start my job until I get my upload speed faster. Is there something I can do on my computer to get to the 1.45Mbps upload speed required? I don't want to lose my job because of this problem. Could someone please help me. It would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

Relevancy 65.36%

In the area I live, AT&T is the only ISP, and they are only able to provide there FastAccess DSL Xtreme 3.0, not available in my area is the FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0

I need to get my upload/upstream speed to a min of 410 kbps, it tests out now to 264.38.

Is there anything I can do or is there something I can purchase that will allow me to increase my upload/upstream speed?

Thanks...

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I don't know if this really belongs here but you guys have been great answering my questions so far This is the issue I have Blast internet from Comcast If I test my download and upload speeds using quot Speakeasy quot direct without my router I get the results below Download speed Mbs Upload speed Mbs After shutting down the laptop and modem I reboot the modem After the modem is up I connect the router Then I reboot the laptop Checking the download and upload speeds again with quot Download and Speed Internet [SOLVED] Question Upload Speakeasy quot I get the following results Download speed Mbs Upload speed Mbs The upload speeds are comparable However the download speed is reduced substantially when using the router I could pose this question to Comcast but their support is just inadequate to say the least And I don't [SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question want to rush out and buy another router if it won't help the situation My question is Is my router that [SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question inefficient Do I need to look at purchasing another one If so can you provide some suggestions on what model etc I appreciate any advice you can provide Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question

I had the same problem recently after a speed update with a fairly new Cisco Small Biz router and it means your router is "biting the dust" I'm afraid or simply not capable of these higher speeds. Finding a router to maintain speeds, or be capable of utilizing these upgraded speeds is getting tougher and tougher. I picked up a DLink DIR825 that instantly read the high 50 speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-internet-download-and-upload-speed-question-850650.html
Relevancy 64.5%

windows home premium intel core i ghz dual core toshiba satellite L -S I have just started experiencing a dramatic decrease in my upload and download speeds I am not sure what happened but it started out of no where I had noticed that my web pages started lagging really bad and sometimes they do not load at all I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it came up with nothing I then scanned with tdsskiller and it found nothing also I then downloaded and ran adwcleaner and that found nothing I then in sudden upload download and Solved: drop speed ran rkill and again that found nothing either so i unplugged my router and reset it That did not make a difference I have cleaned out the cache in internet explorer and google chrome still made no difference This does not happen in just chrome but internet explorer also so i know its not the browser I am about at my wits end with this Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed whats funny is that the computer itself runs and boots up great it is as fast as it has always been It is only when i am on the internet Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed that i have the problem Normally my upload speed is mbps download speed is normally mbps Now my upload speed Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed is not even mb and my download speed is at mbps my ping is normally and now it is help me please P S I should also note that this is what is showing on my connection status Bytes sent Recieved nbsp

A:Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed

I have figured out that it is my service provider causing the problem.will have to call them this morning to find out what is going on.I have 3 computers here.They were all doing the same thing.slow uploads and downloads.The same as i was getting on mine.sorry for the inconvenience.thankyou

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sudden-drop-in-upload-and-download-speed.1119734/
Relevancy 64.5%

First discovered this problem because I was unable to connect to a particular web site that was functional according to a friend that I was talking to on the telephone while trying to connect Problem Network UPLOAD speed is Network speed randomly is reduced Solved: upload randomly reduced from Mb to Kb while download speed seems unaffected Abt to Mb First eliminated the router modem and cables as suspects working with ISP tech support CAT cabling to router and cable modem Then I discovered that another machine on the network did not Solved: Network upload speed is randomly reduced have this problem I then discovered that disabling the network and re-enabling the network cured the problem temporarily Downloaded and installed latest NIC driver from MB web site No solution Downloaded and installed latest NIC driver from Realtek web site No solution Updated MB BIOS No solution MB Asus M A EVO CPU AMD FX- OS MS Windows Professional -bit SP Latest updates RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - NIC on MB Realtek PCIe GBE Disabled TCP IPV No solution I suspect it is one of the quot Advanced quot settings for the Realtek PCIe GBE but Solved: Network upload speed is randomly reduced I don t know what they do Anytime I disable and re-enable the network adapter my upload speed returns to normal I haven t been able to isolate a particular action that causes the slow-down The attached pics show speed test before and after disable - re-enable network adapter Same server Any Ideas nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Guys,

Whats the best tool, or software to use to test upload and download network speed?

Something that will tell me the KB or the MB upload/downloads from a server to a client locally.

Thanks

A:Solved: How to test LAN Upload And Download Speed - Small Business

UPDATE :

Nevermind, solved - Used Robocopy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-test-lan-upload-and-download-speed-small-business.780291/
Relevancy 64.07%

So I ve been trying for a month now to get my comcast xfinity upload speed to be the - mb that I m paying for on a dell R Comcast has been out to run new cable under the Pc No Upload Xfinity - Comcast Speed Solved: Setting Problem? Has house change out the modem twice and the signal is fine My Dell Inspiron R will not get above for upload speed though Not only Solved: Comcast Xfinity Has No Upload Speed - Pc Setting Problem? that the upload just cuts off sometimes when uploading to say photobucket The downlaod speed on the other hand is super fast and above what I m paying for I m paying for and I get mb for download and for upload Now I have a year old laptop that I plugged into the modem and voila it magically gets mb for upload just as the upload speed should be This is a PC or setting problem with the R yes I don t know what else it could be being the other laptop works fine Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Comcast Xfinity Has No Upload Speed - Pc Setting Problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comcast-xfinity-has-no-upload-speed-pc-setting-problem.1080360/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi , i got in my new y700 2.5 mbs download speed..when i check the download speed with my old laptop its approximately 20 mbs.. so please help.. i checked and tried every solution in the net..please if you know the right solution help me..thanks 

A:Y700 slow wifi speed

network adapter : intel ac 3165current driver : 18.40.0.9OS: win 10 - 64bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3343154
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

my new yoga700 14 wifi gets very slow  , it shows 150mbps in the wireless network status, wheras my other laptop can get more than 300mbps connecting to the same router. both laptops are sitting very close to the router without any blocking, the signal strenth is full. my yoga 700 comes with the QCA9377 adapter . The wireless router is linksys e4200v2 working in wireless N 5GHz mode . I have tried installing the latest drivers from lenovo webside and fiddling with the settings in the adapter drivers but no avail. please help 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga700-14-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3374409
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently decided to setup hardware speed new slow Wifi extremely after my hardware I bought few months ago I decided to get rid of the wifi router I was using wndr v and setup a Uniquiti EdgeRouter lite and an open mesh AP mr I decided to use my wifi router as a temp switch only until I got a new switch So I reset the wifi router setup the AP and router and tested the speed and it went dropped to about of the speeds I was getting with the wifi router I tested the speed via Ethernet directly with the edgerouter and the temp switch and the speeds were great about mbps I tried rebooting everything but that didn t help I then tried to reconfigure the wifi router to also use the wifi part of it Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware to see if my open mesh Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware AP was at fault but no the wifi router speeds were also down I m not sure what is the issue and would like some recommendations on how to troubleshoot this issue I know my wifi speeds won t match my wired speeds but I was consistently getting about - mbps on ghz wifi and it s now down to - mbps nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-speed-extremely-slow-after-new-hardware.1917065/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 62.78%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Selvakumar

A:WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
Selvakumar R

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14656-wifi-internet-speed-slow-down-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite C -A -V running Windows Home Edition I've New Speed, Slow Brand Wifi Impossibly Computer. never really had the fastest internet but its always been alright for what I used it for untill i purchased this computer Suffice it to say the internet is a little below sub par Heres a speedtest My phone My sisters Laptop running windows even my old IBM running Linux all are getting speedtests with Download speeds of at least - Mbps from the same router with at least - Mbps And yet here I am brand new computer in hand with memories of dialup floating through my head I've been on message boards trying to find an answer to this for hours I've changed the Wireless settings to not turn off the Wifi I've checked Toshiba's Website and downloaded the latest WLAN driver I deleted literally every last ounce of bloatware from the computer when I got it so I don't THINK that's an issue There's Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer. no torrents or security running either Basicaly I have no idea what to do Now the weird thing is if I turn the computer on and do a speedtest right away I'm getting a fast Ping and a download of Mbps instead of the Any Help or ideas on what to do

A:Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer.

Did you try an ethernet cable instead of wireless? If that works normally, read on...

I had a problem like this many years ago, it turned out to be something wrong with the drivers for the network card I was using. To fix it, go into device manager and find the entry for the wireless network adapter (eg "xyz wireless network adapter"). Right click on the adapter and select "remove". Reboot the machine. It should detect the adapter as new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the network hardware. Of course you may need to supply the drivers at this point if they are not available on the machine.

This is somewhat techy and if you are not a level 2 nerd you may want to get a qualified friend to help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30856-impossibly-slow-wifi-speed-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all tech guy users I am having a really frustrating time with my wifi signal recently Here are the symptoms Max distance from router in which I can receive a signal is about ft Really slow upload and download speeds from MY laptop only My fiance s laptop had a DL speed of Mps and I don t remember the UL but it was much better than mine Screenshot to follow Internet will drop out while I still Wifi sudden Poor of Range and Speed the Slow all show connectivity to the router and then seconds later the router signal will drop out completely Just now my signal dropped out and from my laptop which is sitting three feet from Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden my fiance s laptop Hers has internet just fine What I have tried so far Changed Routers Changed broadcast channel on both routers Updated the driver for my Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden wireless Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden network adapter Virus Scan Malwarebytes Full Scan Xirrus Wifi Inspector run Screenshot to follow Removed Windows ability to shut off my network adapter to save energy This problem occurred for the first time one week ago today I have been getting by since then but the hassle is getting to me Full disclosure time Right before this happened I had an issue with my laptop where the battery was not getting a charge I tested the power available to the plug and found the proper voltage there I took the cover off of the laptop and found that a solder joint between the power plug and one of the wires had come loose I re-soldered the wire and it charged up no problemo I took the cover back off this evening because I had a sinking feeling I messed something up but I found nothing The power plug on my Lenovo Y P laptop is accessed from above the keyboard just remove the speaker cover The wireless adapter is underneath and I didn t remove it or touch it when I worked on it I did take a look at it this evening and I did see that it only has one screw holing it down There were no quot witness marks quot where another screw was installed at one time so I just left it alone Hopefully those don t provide some form of continuity to the board beneath It doesn t appear so but I can t be certain System Details Lenovo Y P just over a year old Windows i processor gig ram I am student in my Junior year of engineering and I really can t afford to have these network problems Almost missed an assignment submission last night This has been an excellent computer until now I have some pretty hefty programs installed for my classes and it runs them flawlessly Also the internet works great on campus but I am never far from an N router hotspot Any help that anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated I was almost about to make a Yagi antenna out of an old Netgear USB wireless adapter then decided that I would just check here after I ran the speed test and figured something was up with my comp nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all My Belkin N wireless router is now experiencing intermittent slow Internet speed The router is years old and has wifi slow router speed intermittent N300 Belkin worked perfectly until last week Here are the troubleshooting steps I completed Internet speed test Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed when directly plugged into the wireless router and cable modem mbps Internet speed using laptop wifi mbps then sometimes works at normal speed Called ISP and they verified there was a connectivity to cable modem issue Did a power cycle for modem and router Then got full mbps from cable modem to ISP using direct connect to laptop tested other devices such as laptops and tablets all experiencing intermittent slow speed when experiencing slow wifi switched to direct connect ethernet cable to router and got immediate Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed full mpbs So far all my testing is pointing to the Belkin router s wifi connectivity I will check on the router s firmware since it has never been updated I also found a thread online suggesting disabling QOS on the router But this should not be needed as it was working fine for two years since its purchase Any suggestions to what else I can do to resolve this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n300-router-intermittent-slow-wifi-speed.1152424/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have a ASUS N550JK-DS71T laptop which has about half the download speed with wifi compared to a similar laptop (with a N-type wireless card) right next to it. So this issue is not due to ISP or router. Upload speed is fine.
I used speedtest.net.
Laptop has the INTEL AC 7260 wireless card with the latest driver on Asus website (V17.0.1.5).
I checked the power settings and they are on High Performance.
I have a N-router set to N.

Would you know any settings in BIOS, Windows, INTEL to check/change to fix this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

A:ASUS N550JK-DS71T - slow download speed with wifi

That is a dual-band adapter in the laptop. From the sound of it you have a 2.4Ghz single-band router. Try turning off the 5GHz band on the laptop adapter if there is an option to do so.

Also, there are newer drivers dated August for that adapter on the Intel site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...14&ProdId=3714

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55506-asus-n550jk-ds71t-slow-download-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 61.06%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 61.06%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 61.06%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 58.91%

Good morning I am having a slow speed upload issue that I m trying to troubleshoot Sorry for adding another to the long list of similar problems I ve read through several pages of quot slow upload quot issues here and I ve run the basic testing Issue Upload speeds to http or issue Solved: Another Slow upload ftp are Solved: Another Slow upload issue limiting to approx - kbps This is not consistent with speeds provisioned by ISP Tracking networking in TM during upload shows approx of Solved: Another Slow upload issue Mbps LAC in use quot Bytes sent quot Test Results amp Details Malware scan shows no issues MSE shows no issues Disk Defrag Connection settings Cisco VPNAgent disabled LAC settings OK Static IP No Proxies or SSH LAN settings Auto non selected Speedtest net results Speedtest is consistent with Mbps Kbps Asym Cable Package Network testing and investigation Ping abc com -t sec loss Average ms Max ms note ping is a little high on idle today Average around - TCP View at idle Solved: Another Slow upload issue Connections Listeners Endpoints Linksys WRT GS router set to DMZ Connection is Coax to modem and CAT direct Modem Router PC Other Devices in off or standby during testing Wii wireless PS wireless Mac G wired nd Asus Desktop Wired Network adaptor properties Nvidia nForce Mbps Ethernet drivers Nvidia Network Access Manager Startup progams running are essentials only RtHDVCpl MSSE AdobeARM FlashPlayerUpdate Sidebar All others disabled on startup HijackThisLog Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D MyDocuments My Applications HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - F Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Flight Simulation Toolbar - d b- - ba -b - eaae - C Program Files x Flight Simulation tbFlig dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - F Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar Flight Simulation Toolbar - d b- - ba -b - eaae - C Program Files x Flight Simulation tbFlig dll O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe O -... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Early this morning (around 1 AM) my upload speeds were cut severely.

Here's my speed test results:
I've had this same problem before so I called my ISP and aksed them about it and they said they'd do some tests over there.

What could have caused this twice? It's only my connection because none of my friends in the area seem to be having problems and they didn't get any calls about it.

P.S.: My upload speeds are usually over 700 KB/s on speedtest.net -- and I've tried using different servers.

Thanks,
AC

Relevancy 58.91%

hello in recent weeks my & Solved: PC Sluggish Slow Upload pc has become really slow i have mbit download and upload which is slow Solved: Slow Upload & Sluggish PC but usually kbs upload recently its been like - kbs and freezes very often My download is fine I am relatively a novice when it comes to PC so go easy i have scanned and deleted everything with adaware antvir and spybot also i have just scanned with hijack this heres the log dell dimensions windows xp GB HDD pentium R CPU GHZ GB OF RAM Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin Solved: Slow Upload & Sluggish PC jusched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Solved: Slow Upload & Sluggish PC Classic avgnt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Westwood LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries i en default htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com countries i en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exe quot RunUPGToolCommandReBoot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item amp eBay Search - res C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTb dll RCSearch html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA OFFICE EXCEL EX... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

I ran a speed test and I got a happy 20Mbps download and a not so happy 2Mbps upload. Why such a difference? I tried loading a video onto Facebook and I ended up cancelling because it took so long. Any way to better the performance?

A:speed test/upload speed

that's normally what isp's offer here the upload is approx 1/16th of the d/l speed unless you open a business account and you need a registered business to open one

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/speed-test-upload-speed-456868.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, my laptops wifi speed drops from 54Mbps down to 1Mbps which is often causing me to disconnect from web application etc I am currently using a usb wifi dongle and the speed does not drop from 54Mbps which has made me believe the problem lies with the laptops internal wifi settings, after re installing my internal wifi's driver to a more recent version the problem is still the same, I am using a lenovo t61 laptop and my wirless router is a D-LINK DSL-240R, please help with any suggestions on how to fix my internal wifi so that its speed is a constant 54Mbps as my 2 other laptops and notebooks are all at 54Mbps, because of this I believe this is an isolated problem. Many thanks

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello All- I ve tried researching Solved: Fast Slow Wireless Download But Upload? this on the web but can t seem to find anything that matches my situation I recently switched from DSL to Cable internet service I have a desktop and a laptop in the house The desktop is connected directly to the router and is working very well - much faster than the DSL in both download and upload speed The laptop is wireless and is now MUCH slower than the previous DSL connection The funny thing is the upload speeds on the laptop are consistently just as fast as the desktop Here are my results from speedtest net Desktop Connected Directly Through Router Donwload kb s Upload kb s Laptop Wireless Download kb s Upload kb s Why would my wireless Upload speed be x FASTER than my Download speed I was getting about x faster with DSL If it helps diagnose the laptop is using Windows Vista with a Dell Draft n built-in wireless card The router is a Linksys WRT Solved: Slow Wireless Download But Fast Upload? N I ve seen a wireless connection speed ranging anywhere from to I ve also considered that I have a GHZ cordless phone in the house which could cause some interference I ve disconnected and unplugged that phone and replaced it with a corded phone and that didn t make any difference My signal strength is excellent on the laptop even when I m on the main floor of the house the router is upstairs Do I need to adjust my router settings somehow I have a WPA security with what I think is a good passkey What other information can I provide for further assistance nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

Both my laptop and my desktop are connected wirelessly and my cable speed is supposedly 10mb dl / 1mb ul

However, my laptop is getting approx. 8mb dl / 1 mb ul while my desktop is getting 10 mb dl / 0.2 mb ul

This makes my desktop virtually unplayable for games (i.e. Diablo 3) and results in many deaths for my DH.

Please help,

Hank

A:[SOLVED] Slow Upload on my desktop, all other PCs work fine

Download and upload speeds depends on many factors. Bandwidth. Some ISP allocated bandwidth to Business subscribers during business hours to maximize their usage. Residential subscribers get the low end of the bandwidth. If you have DSL the quality of your phone line if it is creating noise factors in it too. Your computer performance plays a good part how much RAM you have installed, the speed of your wifi adapter, updated drivers, also the speed of your computer CPU, RAM, GPU during gaming mostly effect FPS rates.
What is the make and model of your machine. How much RAM do you have installed. If your pc is custom built what is the brand, and model of your mobo? (Motherboard)

For gaming (Online) I would recommend going wired. Also look into your Router to see if you have anyone outside of your house leeching your internet if your wifi via your router is not encrypted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-slow-upload-on-my-desktop-all-other-pcs-work-fine-655467.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been receiving lag on games like Halo and Left 4 Dead, So I decided to check it out.

I took the speakeasy speed test and got the following...

4203 KBPS Download
184 KBPS Upload

My Download speed is about right where it should be, but my upload speed is significantly lower... Any Suggestions?

A:Solved: Fast Download, Slow Upload Speeds?

Well, the upload speed is always slower for most ISP's, what level of service do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fast-download-slow-upload-speeds.864811/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am running BPFTP server on my computer. I test my upload connection at www.toast.net and it tests out at 384kbps. But when I try to download from my server to somewhere else(aka access it from work) the transfer rate maxes out at 45kbps. I called comcast to question whether or not they limit FTP speed and they said they dont. Does anyone here have any helpful info as to what may be limiting my speed? I have checked all my settings and they sre fine as far as I can tell, there are no limits in place.

Relevancy 56.33%

Just bought a new Samsung notepad installed all software plus norton 360 and when i do a broadband test speed i get no upload if i try and download my game i want (LOTRO) it wont start downloading. i have gone to four different houses and it does not work, took it back to pc world they test it and it works bring it home still does not work i can although download windows updates this is driving me nuts new laptop 24 hours old and because it works at pc world they say its my problem please please please any ideas all security settings as standard on other laptop so now lost

A:No upload speed

Hi and welcome to TSF

Where these four different houses using a different ISP ? or the same as yours.

Sounds like a problem being limited/blocked by the ISP, if it works OK when you take it back to the place you bought it.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-upload-speed-602539.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am wondering why my upload may be slow.

Speed: http://www.speedtest.net/result/167112726.png

I am not sure why, when I visit www.youtube.com , the thumbnails on the images do not show and that. Should I try a long power cycle on my router/modem?

A:Upload Speed

Thats a very fast upload. Your ISP is regulating that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed.606710/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all My company uses a custom module in salesforce com that allows us to upload files directly to salesforce Basically a quot drag and drop quot module We are seeing very slow uploads using this feature What I have discovered is that it seems to be an issue with Windows' send buffer size If I use a FTP program such as Filezilla I get great upload speed Upload speeds If I open the same FTP site in Internet Explorer the upload speeds slow to a Upload speed crawl So it has to be Upload speed a limitation of Windows My laptop Upload speed dual boots Windows and Ubuntu If I load salesforce while in Ubuntu and attempt to upload a file I get great upload speeds Do the same thing from within Windows on the exact same network and I get horrible upload speeds Does anyone have any idea how to correct this issue I see lots of posts when doing google searches but no resolutions Any ideas Thanks

A:Upload speed

Hi, this setting is On by default in server 2008+ yet OFF in Vista and Seven try this from an elevated cmd type:-

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp press enter

If you wish to turn it off then

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none press enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upload-speed-546788.html
Relevancy 56.33%

FMI. What's the maximum (I know you never get the max.) upload speed using a DSL connection? Computer is attached with CAT 5 cable to DSL modem

Relevancy 56.33%

is there any ways i can increaser my upload speed? it is currently at 25.6 KByte/sec
(=205 kbps)

the game im trying to play is soldure of fortune 2 and to run a server it best to have the hightest up load speed as possable. any tips?

Relevancy 56.33%

Alright so I'm not a tech savvy as I'd like to be but I've been wanting to do live streams for video games I play and my upload speed is about 400-600 kbps and I read you need about 1000+ kbps. I've looked around and a few sites say standard Roadrunner gives 1 MB of upload but the Roadrunner site says .5 MB and it took awhile to find. My friend lives just a few miles away and has the same internet but his upload is 1 MB+, download speeds are about .200 MB apart. Wondering why it's like this, I use a Netgear WPN824 v3 router connected to the PC not wireless.

A:Low upload speed.

What max upload speed does your ISP say you are paying for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-upload-speed.988945/
Relevancy 56.33%

I didnt have this problem before i was wondering what are the things that can cause this.
I had comcast over my house this morning and on his laptop he was getting 2.5 upload while at mine was at .5 and he was blaming that. As the night before it was up to par, I called them because i would notice my games chopping up due to internet and letting me know that my internet connection was poor. So i was wondering what are some of the things that can cause this.

I scanned for spyway with malwarebytes nothing. I scanned my pc with nod32 found 2 or 3 things cleared them still getting the same speeds, I unplugged all ethernets and reset both modem and router.

Computer is hooked up Wired, and he also did the testing on his laptop wired.

A:upload speed low

I notice there are two drivers available for win 7x64 for your network controller. Have you tried both of them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143330-upload-speed-low.html
Relevancy 56.33%

How do I increase my upload speed onto the net.

A:Re Upload Speed

Please try not to double post. I've combined them. Upload speed is primarily a function of your ISP. They offer upgrades at an increased price. If current speed is less than promised, call the ISP and see what solution they offer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/re-upload-speed-641106.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My normal internet speeds are around 53 Mbps and 11 Mbps. Tonight I was trying to upload a few very small things, but it wouldn't work. Checked my speed at speedtest.net and I'm getting my normal download speed (53 Mbps), but speedtest.net gets stuck calculating my upload speed, and after about a minute of "Connecting" it will finally go and I get between 0.02 - 0.04 Mbps.

I phoned my ISP, and they told me they don't control the upload speed and they are saying it is something with my computer. I don't know what to do at this point or what it could be.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi ,
I've been having this problem with my Belkin router since day 1 when i got it.( not new, got from buddy's place)
It's Belkin HI Speed Wifi G router, and what's really frustrating is, everytime i connect to it, I need to manually change the DNS address and switch between 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.4 in order to get internet access!
Sometimes it even cuts off the internet during a session, without me even disconnecting from the wifi network, where I would again need to switch back and forth to the 2 or 4 ending! It s been months and found no solution ! .. can someone drop me some hints please .. would highly appreciate your help ! thanks

Francoi

A:Solved: Belkin HI Speed Wifi G router: Always needs manual DNS change

sorry im not the most advanced on this but do you have an option to set it to obtain automatically?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-hi-speed-wifi-g-router-always-needs-manual-dns-change.1021932/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey

My friend he got comcast right and his upload speed is like 4000 kbps and mine is disappointingly 109 kbps. is there anyway to make it so i can share his upload speed. either a remote connection or whatever, i just need to know, he lives in my neighborhood and etc. please reply asap.

A:Sharing your upload speed

not unless your connected to his router by a rather long cable.
Or Wireless.

If you have the same ISP you might want to try contacting them sounding somewhat frustrated and mentioning "throttling" (They hate that.) but simple put you two should have close to the same upload speed if you are on the same ISP and the same membership plan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-your-upload-speed.656590/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

My download speed was like 1.53 Mbps and my upload speed was 0.01mbps... i can't upload any file, what should i do? Thanks

A:Can I increase upload speed?

Can you please give a little more information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-increase-upload-speed.157452/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys I have been tackling this problems for a couple of weeks now and it s driving me crazy Suddenly my upload speed on a Windows desktop Realtek NIC has dropped down to such small levels that I can attach files in Gmail or even think about suddenly is very speed bad upload My using dropbox Many sites that depend on exchanging information in both ways also are barely accessible SYMPTOMS Cannot attach quot big quot files in g-mail takes forever a kb file takes almost minutes Dropbox web interface takes minutes to load Speed testing sites report great download speeds on the ballpark of - My upload speed is suddenly very bad Mbps my hired speed is Mbps but the upload test usually times out when it doesn't it reports very slow number less than Kbps - I hired for Mbps some other websites are near impossible to use Some are just fine I can watch you tube and download perfectly I m in a home network behind a router Dlink My upload speed is suddenly very bad DMG - provided by ISP all other devices on the same network are working fine Windows laptops IMac desktop couple of cellphones with good upload speeds prior to the problem start this same computer was working fine I had to user my laptop to post this message this is ridiculous My upload speed is suddenly very bad The bad upload speed is also present in quot Safe Mode with Networking quot WHEN IT STARTED Only two things I can pinpoint happened just prior to I noticing the problem Uninstalled Oracle VirtualBox and installed Oracle VirtualBox this thing creates some virtual net adapters Already uninstalled it to no avail Heavy utorrend upload use I though it could trigger some DoS protection on my router WHAT I DID TRY several different versions of the turning off some of these quot Chimney Offload State quot quot TCP Window Scaling heuristics quot and Autotuning in various combinations Uninstalled VirtualBox e re-installed it a couple of times it didn t change anything installed or not Turned off quot Denial of Service quot protection on my router just to be sure I was not the router reseting my network adapter as in Resetting your network adapter in Windows MY SPECS Vivo fiber in Brazil optic fiber connection supposed to be - Mbps Reaktek NIC - D-Link router AV Avast Free IP Config results below Nothing works I really don't want to format this one Help -------------------------------- ipconfi all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name Titan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- -AC- D- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f bc f a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained quinta-feira de dezembro de Lease Expires quinta-feira de dezembro de Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-DC- -F - D- -AC- D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E CE - - FC- E- FF A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:My upload speed is suddenly very bad

do you have ASUS iControl installed? Any asus software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388252-my-upload-speed-suddenly-very-bad.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I upload files to is crawling. upload now speed FTP my web server everyday and it worked fine until now My upload speed is slower than dialup when I am connected through the router either wirelessly or via a lan cable If I connect to the cable modem directly my ftp upload speed is normal I have cable internet and connect via a Dlink DIR- wireless router I have been using it for months with no problems and did not make any settings changes When my ftp upload slowed down I tried my neighbors wireless internet netgear and his is having the same issue as mine and they started on the same day Troubleshooting steps I did are FTP upload speed is now crawling. as follows Tried uploading to multiple servers and received slow results on all of them Tried uploading with multiple ftp clients and received slow results with all of them Tried uploading using multiple PC s both Mac and Windows same results Reset the router to the default settings and received same results Contacted ISP who said the connection to my modem was fine Normally I would assume the issue is with the router but the fact my neighbor who uses the same ISP is having the same issue makes me wonder if the ISP has made a change Does this seem like a router problem or something the ISP is doing nbsp

A:FTP upload speed is now crawling.

Let's see, two different sites have the same problem. That seems obvious to me, I wouldn't be looking on your end, it's obviously either the ISP or the target FTP server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-upload-speed-is-now-crawling.612034/
Relevancy 55.47%

The speed test on my 2 Windows7 machines (PC and netbook) have recently started to show a fine download speed but when measuring upload speed the dial moves up to 400 and then gradually sinks back to zero over the next couple of minutes. It doesn't register any final upload speed. I can upload files to emails up to roughly 200kb but nothing any larger.
However my old laptop with XP has none of these problems. Hard wiring makes no difference and it's not the router, because the XP machine works fine with the same router that uses the Windows7 PC.
I've uninstalled Adobe Flash and re-installed it for the Windows7 machine. No change.
Same problem whether Firefox or IE.
Grateful for any advice...
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-dies.1012833/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just got this AIO on July 8, 2016. There is no upload speed when performing the speed test. Every other computer and cell phone/tablet in the house has perfect upload speed. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with my ISP, and we could not fix the problem. I have tried uninstalling the network adapter driver and installing a different one, but that did not work, either. I'm thinking I need to return the computer, but if anyone can help me before I do that, I would be very appreciated.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/aspire-z3-710-no-upload-speed/td-p/443094
Relevancy 55.47%

The speed test on my 2 Windows7 machines (PC and netbook) have recently started to show a fine download speed but when measuring upload speed the dial moves up to 400 and then gradually sinks back to zero over the next couple of minutes. It doesn't register any final upload speed. I can upload files to emails up to roughly 200kb but nothing any larger.
However my old laptop with XP has none of these problems. Hard wiring makes no difference and it's not the router, because the XP machine works fine with the same router that uses the Windows7 PC.
I've uninstalled Adobe Flash and re-installed it for the Windows7 machine. No change.
Same problem whether Firefox or IE.
Grateful for any advice...
Thanks

A:Upload speed drops to zero

Is the router a little on the old side? It is rare, but there are some routers that just don't work with Windows 7. I had an old Linksys one in a coworker's home office that needed to be replaced because her computer was upgraded to Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181247-upload-speed-drops-zero.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a job offer with at&t but i cant seem to get my upload speed where it need to be I have the highest dsl that they offer believe it 512kb upload is there anyway to up my speed just a little my test results were 409.01 kbps they require Minimum 410 kbps now my upload speed varies from 37-40 when i run the testany ideas? I have done a few registry tweaks but it didnt helpthanks in advanceAmandaEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Upload speed question

Try the Quickstart at http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/index.html , for comparison.

I have cable and my upload speed (right now) is 500 kbps.

DSL is a tad slower than cable when it comes to speeds.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390231/upload-speed-question/
Relevancy 55.47%

So I have a 6mbit/ 768kbit cable connection.

I recently had a crash with the hard disc so I had to replace it and with that i had to install xp again. The connection worked fine for a while. Then i downloaded the fixes to windows and I suddenly got no upload speed. The download is fine, but the upload is from 7 to 100 kbits pr second.
I use AVG antivirus and have put on and off the windows firewall but nothing worked.

I called the internet provider today and they will send somebody to me on monday, but if it is something in my computer then the cost would be quite expensive and unnecessary.
So, I basically wanna see if I could eliminate the possibility of my computer being the sinner.

If this message isnt informative enough please ask and I shall try to give the information needed.

A:Problems With Upload Speed

Sorry for delay in reply. Is this matter solved in the meantime?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72059/problems-with-upload-speed/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm using Norton 360 in windows 7 and recently upgraded my FIOS internet speed to 25/15. The 25 download is at 25 when I run the speedtest on both Verizon and non-Verizon test sites. The upload speed is stuck at around 6. A verizon tech tested the router through his laptop device and was getting speeds of 25/25 through their site. I'm am assuming that my firewall/security software is responsible for the slower upload speed. Any suggestions on increasing the file upload speed?

A:File Upload Speed

Quote: Originally Posted by dunndm1951

I'm using Norton 360 in windows 7 and recently upgraded my FIOS internet speed to 25/15. The 25 download is at 25 when I run the speedtest on both Verizon and non-Verizon test sites. The upload speed is stuck at around 6. A verizon tech tested the router through his laptop device and was getting speeds of 25/25 through their site. I'm am assuming that my firewall/security software is responsible for the slower upload speed. Any suggestions on increasing the file upload speed?

Hi and welcome

I would start by testing with norton disabled. I assume you are using homegroup for networking. Homegroup uses IPv6 which sometimes causes slowdowns and random drops. You could change from homegroup to workgroup and disable IPv6.

Let us know if we can be of help

Ken J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40486-file-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi i have inexplicable issue. My internet speed is 10Mbit/s (down) / 1Mbit (upload). My spec: [email protected], 4GB RAM, Maximus Formula, 8800GTS, NOD32, Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2009, Vista x64 Business Edition SP1 (new installation) + full updated. Network drivers : Marvell Yukon 88E8056 - 10.64.10.3
And my problem is: when i try test speed (speedtest.net) i see there 970kB/s (OK) in Reliability And Performance Monitor (1Mbit) - OK, BUT in Task manager it shows utilization 2% from 100Mbit = 2Mbit/s (WHY ???). Finally im using network vista gadget and it shows too 250kB/s = 2Mbit/s.

SO WHERE IS PROBLEM ??? THX

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/189559-my-upload-speed-bigger-than-should.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just got this AIO on July 8, 2016. There is no upload speed when performing the speed test. Every other computer and cell phone/tablet in the house has perfect upload speed. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with my ISP, and we could not fix the problem. I have tried uninstalling the network adapter driver and installing a different one, but that did not work, either. I'm thinking I need to return the computer, but if anyone can help me before I do that, I would be very appreciated.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/aspire-z3-710-no-upload-speed/td-p/443094/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've got 20 meg broadband but my upload speed doesn't go past 100 kb/s. My download speed however is fine and can reach any speed, but my upload seems to be limited.

I have read through all the guides on this site and used the recommended settings, it just seems weird it's only my upload and not download.

I'm using uTorrent and my ISP is Virgin.

Has anybody came across this problem before and got a solution?

Thanks very much

A:Upload speed capped at 100 kb/s

Is your answer here? http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081231021909AA37wR6

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-capped-at-100-kb-s.787151/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an ISP that advertises speeds of DL, up to 1.5 Mb and UL, up to .384 Mb
I am experiencing a degradation of Upload video on my Skype account. So I did an internet speed test, SPEEDTEST.NET, with the following results. DL 1.17, UL .26 and a ping of 29MS over 100 miles.
A month ago I did not have any video problems.
What could be causing the slowdown and can I fix it without buying the faster broadband package? I am otherwise satisfied with the broadband I have.

A:Speedup upload speed

It's not something you can fix, except to find a new ISP. ISPs, especially crappy ones like Comcast and Charter, tend to oversell the bandwidth they have available in any given area, which is why you're seeing a degradation in upload speeds. Ideally the upload/download is symmetrical, but rarely will you see that except in business packages and dedicated lines. Beware any ISP that sells internet packages with a upload speed that's less than 1/3 the download speed. It means they've already overloaded their infrastructure and their service will only get worse as time goes on. All the focus goes to download speed in those situations. You can demand a refund for them not providing the bandwidth they sold to you, but I doubt that will get you anywhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105733-speedup-upload-speed.html