Windows Support Forum

Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network

Q: Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network

My quot Use window to configure my wireless network settings quot gets unchecked each time I reboot I then have to go into run services msc -- gt Wireless Zero configs and click Use wireless to my Solved: configure network window to start its always stopped then go to properties in wireless connections and recheck the box and wireless internet comes back I tried using a tech support service recommended by lynksys since I m out of warranty on my router stuff and that company they referred me to could not fix it after hours on phone amp phone calls They tried uninstalling all of my lynksys software including going into the registry and deleting references to it They ultimately said because i m using XP its no longer supported and they could do nothing further All this started when I installed new wireless Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network printer Brother MFC DW I couldn t get it working and set up and couldn t get the software to install This company couldn t either I called Brother they got it installed and recognizing printer and wireless connection within minutes but said my wireless problem was not their problem I really Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network feel like it was installing that Brother software that changed something because in the years I ve had this computer which I ve upgraded over years this has NEVER happened I have read other people post this same question but did not understand how they fixed it or if they fixed it I don t speak computer tek so hopefully someone can give me some instruction in lay English on where how to look for culprit I think its related to brother wireless printer Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi:
There is NO connection although Belkin Wireless Adaptor is blinking to catch signal.

Whenever there is no connection, I need to click Belkins Utility at System tray at the bottom in order to get connection, however it does not keep connected and lasts only 10-20 minutes.

Besides this, I found when I clicked, icon of Belkin > Properties > Network and found there is no 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings.'

How to remedy this issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Solved: 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings.' is missing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-use-windows-to-configure-my-wireless-network-settings-is-missing.1095456/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello!

I'm testing ethernet hardware and need to know how many packets were sent and received through 100 Mbit ethernet card. There is a window that displays status of network connection. Sometimes it shows number of bytes that were sent/received, and sometimes - number of packets. Is there a way to configure that window always to show number of packets?

A picture is included to the post to make it clear what do I mean.
There is also a command "netstat -e" callable in command line, but It shows doubled number of packets in both directions

Paul.

A:Network status window - how to configure what to display

I would definitely go with some network monitoring software, even Microsoft has its own program (Microsoft Network Monitor, how original lol). Trying to get reliable/accurate data from that window is like trying to claim your PC's power from the Windows Experience Index.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239816-network-status-window-how-configure-what-display.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have connected my laptop to the Internet using a wireless PCMCIA card and a router Using the same card and router for my wife s laptop the browser IE or Firefox responds quot Cannot find server quot to all addresses although the Can't network wireless configure card claims it is connected THE IPCONFIG FOR THE FAILING PC IS - Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Val VAL-LAPTOP gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Val-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Can't configure wireless network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Can't configure wireless network VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - -CA-C - A-FF Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless PC Physical Address - F-BS- -CF- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server C Documents and Settings Val VAL-LAPTOP gt THE IPCONFIG FOR THE WORKIING PC IS - Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Family amp others gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name tosh-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - - E-CC- E Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless PC Card Physical Address - F-B - -CF- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August C Documents and Settings Family amp others gt Can anyone advise me what to try please I am not very literate about networking stuff Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

How do I keep 'Use windows to configure my wireless network settings' checked?

I have a wireless home network (kids computers plus my laptop) but my main desktop was wired. A couple of days ago I fitted a wireless card to the PC and now, every time I start the computer, there is no connection. What I have to do every time is check the box against 'Use windows to configure my wireless network settings'. Once this is OK'ed then the computer connects. The next time I start the computer the box has unchecked itself and I have to check it again.

As a point of interest, Wireless Zero Configuration is set to auto and is running.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys I found a problem with my Wireless Zero Config starting up as Stopped even though it's set to Automatic To fix I have to go into Services msc and start it then open the connection's properties and check quot Use Windows to Configure my Wireless Network Settings Configure Settings Network to my Reverting: Use Windows Wireless quot This is annoying In my research this morning I've fixed the first issue Reverting: Use Windows to Configure my Wireless Network Settings by simply making a bat file with quot sc start wzcsvc quot and putting a shortcut to it in the Startup folder My hours of research have not turned up anything on Reverting: Use Windows to Configure my Wireless Network Settings making a similar fix for the connection properties changing back to Windows configuring I have looked through the programs and found none that control connections though I believe there had been some in the past such as RealTek With those uninstalled I either need some way to force it to stay on Use Windows or at LEAST a command to open the connection properties window reducing the steps to get it checked back Thanks Rhyr

A:Reverting: Use Windows to Configure my Wireless Network Settings

I would first recommend an SFC /scannow to verify all files are working correctly.

That's what this sounds like - bad files or possibly registry damage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reverting-use-windows-to-configure-my-wireless-network-settings-653722.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Compaq 6820s laptop wireless network connection viewer is not displaying networks. It will still search and find a wireless network, even connect (automatically), but it will not list them. In place of the networks I get windows zero configuration error and I've already tried to trouble shoot it. The laptop has and intel wireless card and everything is up to date. XP Pro. This seemed to happen after installing service pack 3. All I want is to be able to view all of the networks so I can select the right one it's connecting to random networks.

I've, updated the bios
wireless drivers
windows

I've,
made sure it was configure properly in services.

I've right clicked on the inf file and reinstalled.
I've also disable the HP wireless assistant and unistalled it.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Wireless zero configure

If the following repairs do not resolve the issue try using the Intel Proset utility. Sometimes it works better than WZC.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-zero-configure.863365/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey Guys,
I have a Linksys WAP54g v.2 Wireless access point.
It connects fine, my internet works, i can see my network across it but I can't log into it to configure it. I have lost the set up disk but I thought you could just goto the IP address and set it up directly??
When I type in the IP address I belive it to be it just gives me the old 'page cannot be diplayed' error.
You may ask why I am playing around if it all works, well when I first set it up I didn't secure it (yes my head is looking down in shame) and I'm just trying to secure the signal.

Any idea's would be most handy!

Mucho thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi chaps

Bit of trouble with home computer (family)

Running with XP - after two or three start ups I lose my wireless connection and have to
1.right click on the start-up menu (bottom right of screen) on the icon of a PC Monitoir with a red X next to it.
2.Click on Wireless Connection Properties -
3.click Wireless Networks Tab -
4.finally check the "Use Windows to congiure wireless network settings" and click OK

Bit of a long winded solution.

I think there must be a conflict somewhere between which application controls the wireless network - but I don't know how to resolve. Any ideas?

There are - when the wireless network is running fine - two icons on the start up bar both telling me about the status of the home network - one is a series of 5 horizontal bars; the other is a monitor with two )) (green) brackets.

Thanks

Richard

A:Computer forgets to "Use Windows to Configure wireless network settings"

i have exactly yhe same problem on my acer aspire laptop, every time i turn the computer off, found a solution yet?

desnoyers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-forgets-to-use-windows-to-configure-wireless-network-settings-191241.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an existing LAN from my ISP with multiple PCs connected to it and one Network Enabled Printer using CAT 5 connecting to the router. I would like to make printer wireless connection to LAN and would like to use my Linksys BEFW11S4 as the "bridge" to the LAN, can I configure this device as a "network bridge" and if so how can I accomplish that?

Relevancy 58.91%

I already have two lexmark printers X2350 (MFC) and lexmark Z735. Both work well on my network, i.e I can print on these from any computers in the house (three in all). I recently bought lexmark print server N4050e. It apparently seems to configure all right. My network can seeit and an IP address is also created in the network but the print server is not creating the port it should to connect to my printer(s).

When I use the TEST button at the back of the prinet server when connected to a any of the printers nothing much happens. No error messages are reported and the printer status windows shows the document sppoled for printing but it hangs there.

My network is based on Win XP. I have checked all firewalls to ensure nothing is being blocked at set up. any ideas or anyone had similar problems.

Many thanks

A:Solved: I can't seem to configure myLexmark printserver N4050e to work with my network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-seem-to-configure-mylexmark-printserver-n4050e-to-work-with-my-network.518472/
Relevancy 58.91%

Daughter going off to college and her dorm room has only a wired connection (CAT 5), but would like to use wireless capability of her laptop. Can I connect a Linksys BEFW11S4 into the supplied CAT 5 and configure it to accept a wireless connection from her laptop and out onto the internet? What info if any do I need from the network admin to configure the WAP??

A:Solved: Configure Linkysis WAP in Dorm Room to School's Network?

Well, probably nothing. It would be nice to know the subnet that it would be connecting to to aid in configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-configure-linkysis-wap-in-dorm-room-to-schools-network.937402/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'll try over and over but I didn't succeed. I'll try with ipxnet, but.. I think that way it's only for network or IAN, and I want to play with another friend with modems or internet.

Could anyone please helpme to do it correctly?

Thanks

Joe.

A:Solved: How Can I configure Worms for modem and network play in DosBox?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-configure-worms-for-modem-and-network-play-in-dosbox.1042189/
Relevancy 58.05%

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

A:Wireless Network window freezes?

Quote: Originally Posted by rwkleinjr

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

hi and welcome

there are several things.
first if y ou are NOT using homegroup, you can disable IPv6. it is located in network and sharing.

Second next time it happens type cmd in search>type Ipconfig /flushdns, then ipconfig /renew. let us know if that helps

third
type device manager in search> go to the wifi tab. look for your wifi card, is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle on it? are there any other "unknown devices" with yellow on them?

Let us know the results
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38556-wireless-network-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again.

This message poped up during connecting to a wireless network

this information might be usefull

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PC123911455270
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-18-DE-B5-17-5C

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-36-B7-56-59

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>

Relevancy 57.62%

i had to strip win10 from this laptop . . . . not suitable for my developed application. what a complex project for a machine have paid good money for! the only net drivers available are for win 10, but the mfgs must have suitable ones available for win 7. any idea who they are for the wireless and the lan chips? i can never go back to win 10 for this machine.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:lan and wireless network drivers for window 7 for HP Notebo...

Hi: According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=N0T83UA Here are the links to the W7 ethernet, wireless and bluetooth drivers you need. This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71268.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72932.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73250.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/lan-and-wireless-network-drivers-for-window-7-for-HP/td-p/5827182
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a question

I set up a net work with a linksys wireless router probably a year ago or so and it has a wireless linksys router. It is connect with two windows xp home computers and a windows 2000 and a mac and a windows 98 my question is

They (above) are all wired I am adding two window vista's with wireless built in cards, Will they hook up automatically or do I have to change the workgroup on them and if so where do I change the work group and is there anything else I would have to do to add them. Thanks

A:Adding two window Vista basics to a wireless network

Assuming that you secured the wireless (preferably with WPA or WPA2) there will be no automatic connection. I do not remember whether the Vista default is to connect to any unsecured network or only to preferred networks. I think they got wise and made the latter the default, but I'm not at all sure.

If you want them to be in the same workgroup, then you will have to change the workgroup designation unless you named the workgroup "WORKGROUP." You change the workgroup on Vista similar to the way you do on XP--through the Properties of "Computer."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-two-window-vista-basics-to-a-wireless-network.705227/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I m trying to set up network sharing with my Windows laptop advanced sharing settings freezes! network Wireless window and but I ve hit a wall after following guides In the sharing tab of the wireless connection properties window I can check the box to enable shared networking for my Local area connection but the guide I ve seen says I also need to go into advanced settings in the sharing tab as well to check the boxes of all needed networking protocols The only problem is that I can t get into advanced settings Every time I click the settings button in the sharing tab of my wireless connection properties a grey box saying quot please wait quot pops up and the window freezes I can never get past this please wit box and so I can t check the required boxes in advanced settings For reference here s the video guide I was watching http www youtube com watch v bALXVEDUd is where I get stuck Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this freeze and what can be done Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes! Also is there another way to check those boxes without going through that settings button Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-sharing-advanced-settings-window-freezes.1074905/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a network here at work that is using an NT4.0 server. I have a computer that is running Windows 2000 pro that needs to logon to the domain through a wireless connection (running in a trailer in the parking lot). I can get everything to connect and work if I log into the workstation itself, however if I try to log onto the domain I get an error message indicating that the domain is not available. I know that XP has the ability to initialize the wireless connection prior to login but I can't find anyway to do this with W2K. I am using a Netgear WG121 USB (G) adapter with a Netgear WG602 access point. I have WEP turned on in the open mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-window-2000-with-a-wireless-network-adapter-to-logon-to-nt-domain.367190/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've tried everything to get it back. In my network connections, it only shows my local area connection. I can't connect to a wireless network, and my wifi light on my keyboard isn't even lit.
I don't have any switches or buttons on my keyboard either that would allow me to enable or disable wireless internet.
I do have a wireless card built into my computer, and I have been able to connect to wireless networks for the three years that I've owned this laptop. It basically just stopped working a few weeks ago.
By the way, it's Windows XP. Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?

A:Wireless Connection icon not showing in Network Connections window or Taskbar

Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?Click to expand...

Let's see if we can find where it went.

What is listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager? What, if any, warnings or errors are anywhere in Device Manager?

What is the brand and model of your laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-icon-not-showing-in-network-connections-window-or-taskbar.956465/
Relevancy 55.47%

I put in netgear wireless llb pcmcia card in my compaq running xp

The driver seems to be OK and the computer recognizes the card

It says wireless network not connectec

when I try to connect or try to view wireless connections
I get message windows can't configure the wireless network

When I tried to follow the instructions on the microsoft site,
and tried to run the program it said to run to let windows zero configure the network It couldn't find the program

What if anything can I do

Unfortunately I can't connect the computer to the internet without the wireless as I'm out of town, typing this in now at a library computer, which right now is my only occasional access to the internet until I get this straightened out.

A:can't get wireless to work on notebook --message windows can't configure wireless

Chances are that when you installed the Netgear driver and utility you told the utility that you wanted it to manage the wireless. Its icon should be in the Notification Area--double click on it, go to the Network (I'm going from memory here) tab, find the network you want and connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-wireless-to-work-on-notebook-message-windows-cant-configure-wireless.492768/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have to plan this project would need some help an configure a gateway? Hardware internet and Install Network Network to how to do it The organisation would like all their users to have access to the internet The business has requested that you configure an internet gateway for their users in the office The meeting identifies it needs to incorporate the following Install Network Hardware to a Network and configure an internet gateway? requirements Internet service via a reputable service provider Ensure minimal disruption to current LAN services when implementing Enable required security measure Part Assess the client s hardware requirements with consideration to their requirements for an internet gateway Part contact vendors and obtain technical specifications in obtaining any hardware software and configuration the existing LAN with internet access Part In the form of a presentation provide a recommendation to the management of the business for configuration of internet access that includes a plan for implementation The presentation also should incorporate the specific of hardware software and ISP that will be required to detailing any costs that may be involved nbsp

A:Install Network Hardware to a Network and configure an internet gateway?

I suggest you do your own homework, what would be the point in us doing it for you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-network-hardware-to-a-network-and-configure-an-internet-gateway.875691/
Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know what is wrong with this laptop (hp2000) updated windows 8 then when it configured windows it failed only blue screen says reverting changes do not shut off computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Window-update-failure-to-configure-windowd-win-8/td-p/5804896
Relevancy 52.03%

I m trying to setup connect a wireless printer HP All-in-one so that a user can use his laptop wireless and print from anywhere in the house He did not have Home Solved: with How wireless to Printer - Internet & Wireless network any network set-up previously He had dialup and just purchased a new laptop with wireless and this new printer and has just gotten this new Rogers quot Rocket quot Stick Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer It s a USB internet connection uses cell phone frequency Normally this is pretty straight forward when conected to a wireless router I brought over a wireless router to test out When Rogers quot Rocket quot stick is connected for internet Can I connect to another wireless home network for sharing at the same time Computer Vista Laptop with Rogers Rocket Stick I tried a couple of things Setup a wireless network I used the setup internet connection wizard to configure a computer to computer wireless adhoc network appears to work for very short distances - feet I was able to print a test page but not anything else - so I thought about using my Dlink Router for greater distance if it was a distance thing as indicated I setup the Dlink wireless router as a standalone wireless network - not conected to the internet configured it and then configured my HP printer wireless to connect to that network I successfully configured the printer via wizard to connect to the found network - I then connected to this wireless network and added the network printer using it s HP Wireless wizard - it found it and added it successfully - I was able to print a test page from about feet But when I move to another room - It would not print assumed maybe a conflict collision with wireless rocket - but not sure Then I setup the HP printer as a hard wired network printer not wireless attached to a port on the wireless router itself - I then determined its IP address printer config report and then connected to the wireless network router and set-up added printer on the laptop as quot local printer quot using TCP IP specifying this ip address - When connected to the home wireless network and I was able to print a test page but not anything else Not sure if I m having a problem with the Rocket and Wireless router conflicting a firewall issue or something else or just Vista playing games Biggest issue is that it appears the wireless printer CAN BE reached by the laptop by either the wireless setup or direct network printer connection successfully Issue is that I m not able to print any other documents I get a message saying the printouts are pending I assume the printer is configured for sharing - thought about this after I left It appears it has something to do with a lost connection or collision Not sure if I m clear here - looking for advice recommendation on how to set this up Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-wireless-internet-home-network-with-wireless-printer.786885/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently switched ISPs going from DSL to Cable and that s when everything went wrong In order to get the new network up and running I needed to use a new router I setup this network and everything seemed fine all computers could see and connect to the new network and even the printer could see and connect to the new network For whatever reason I could not get any of the computers one laptop running Windows and one running OSX Snow (I have work wireless Solved: network HP new on tried printer everythi won't wireless Leopard to see the printer wirelessly works fine via USB Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi It would always say quot printer offline quot Uninstalled an re-installed all printer drivers on all machines printer is an HP Photosmart Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi C all in one The printer network diagnostic page came back clean indicating that everything was connected correctly but when I pinged the IP address of the printer from the windows machine I d just be bet with a quot timed out quot message This lead me Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi to think it was something to do with the router so I bought a D-link router and set everything up again Exact same scenario Even after setting the network up with no security options no WEP or WAP security This lead me to do a hard reset on the printer After booting it up again I ran the network setup wizard via the printer s LCD screen and tried to connect to the network This time however the printer won t connect the the network at all I printed the wireless network diagnostics page and it fails the quot No Filtering quot test HPs recommendation came back saying I should check to see if the router has MAC filtering turned on I went back to the router configuration page to see and no it s not conducting any MAC filtering Short of buying a brand new printer or buying some HP support it s out of warranty I don t know what else to try Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and just let me know if you need any further details The cold hard facts Mainly trying to get this working on a Windows laptop but I also have a Macbook pro running Snow Leopard that is experiancing all of the same problems Printer is an HP Photosmart C all in one Routers I ve tried both of these and they seem to have identical results Netgear WPN D-link N this is the router currently installed on the network Cisco modem and our ISP is Time Warner Cable nbsp

A:Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-wireless-printer-wont-work-on-new-wireless-network-i-have-tried-everythi.1025500/
Relevancy 51.6%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a small office network I had to reset the network password key and now I can enter wireless No secure network to [SOLVED] for otpion network key not get one of the laptops to connect to [SOLVED] No otpion to enter network key for secure wireless network the secure network All other wireless devices connect with no problem The network is available and has a bar signal strength When I select the network I do not get asked for the network key Instead there is an attempt to login and shortly thereafter I get an error message saying quot Windows is unable to connect to the selected network The network may no longer be in range Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again quot As stated above the strength is at bars and all of the other wireless devices are connected to the same secure network I am trying to connect to I have manually a ded the network SSID and network key and still can not get this laptop to connect to the secure network I am able to connect to several unsecure networks in the area but not my secure one My question is how do I get Windows to stop trying to login without asking for the network key Last note I have even tried uninstalling all the network adapters in hopes of resetting so that windows asks for the network key This also failed Thanks for any and all assistance

A:[SOLVED] No otpion to enter network key for secure wireless network

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to networking support for more help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-no-otpion-to-enter-network-key-for-secure-wireless-network-569931.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having a frustrating time with my network I work for an animall hospital and we have a wired wireless network with computers mixed vista ultimate and xp pro with server sp on the server I am using a Linksys WRT n router My main problem is with my wireless computers a desktop with a US Robotics g turbo and one of my laptops a Dell Inspiron They are and network drops Wireless slow network is Solved: signal no more then feet from the router and Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow always have a strong signal but will drop their connection and have to be logged of and logged back on It is very frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason for it Sometimes it will stay connected all day without dropping and other days it will drop - times I am not sure if this is related or not but there are several wireless networks that can be seen by these computers including a Comcast WIFI and an Optonline WIFI Also the network will slow down every so often wired as well as wireless and I am no sure what the is about Our applications that we run are not very intence no graphics or large packets being sent Some one said they thought there might be a some sort of a Windows Sharing App running on the server Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow that was bogging it down but I am not sure Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Supergroomer nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Someone asked me about hooking up there xbox to the internet. Their home is wireless and the xbox is across the room. Is there something I can get that receives the wireless signal from the network then transmits it through the wire plugged into it? Basically, the opposite of a wireless access point. Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless network - need something that does wireless to wired for xbox

The device you want is called a wireless bridge; e.g., see http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...r=lang_en&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-need-something-that-does-wireless-to-wired-for-xbox.401547/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I am having an issue connecting to any wireless network Problem s existed for days for unknown reason I have uninstalled and installed and then updated drivers I also disabled and enabled the respective services from quot services msc quot but no go I typed quot cmd ipconfig all quot and that s what I received ------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Solved: any wireless network card can't wireless detect My C Users Thamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thamer-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband M ak Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband M ak Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - - D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Tunnel adapter isatap D A - CBC- B-A -BAB F E EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e ab b e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e ab b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD EB B- - -AC -E FC A EADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE -F D- A - E - AD AC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Thamer gt ---------------------------------- TSG SysInfo Report Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled ---------------------------- HiJack this Report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files x ONSPEED onspeedcore exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Quick net ModemListener exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Zone... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi! i really have a big trouble at my wireless connection. i cant enable my wifi by using Fn. and when i try enabling my wireless connection trough control panel, my laptop started hanging and i can't use it any more. so i have to force turning it of and i have to restore the system trough safemode. i have to do it to enable to use my laptop again.. im using Windos 7 my laptop is MSI GE700

Hope someone could help me . =(

Relevancy 51.6%

I live in a large house that has ethernet ports throughout the house. I need to have two separate wireless routers to insure I have wireless coverage. There will be one upstairs and one downstairs. Is there any advantages or disadvantages in naming both of the wireless networks with the same name?

Thank you for looking.

A:Solved: Naming a wireless network using two wireless routers

I wouldn't use two SOHO wireless routers for this.

The better way is to use APs from companies like Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti, or Meraki. These companies have APs which allow them to operate as one unified wireless network without the expense of purchasing a wireless controller. By doing this, you have the ability to add APs anytime you want which will join the AP cluster and operate as a unified device with the cluster. It allows the ability to have the APs being aware of each other and as a result adjust their output transmissions so they won't be stomping on each other running full blast. It allows you to use one or more SSIDs which all the APs will service and hence more seamless roaming throughout your house; without issues inherent with using independent APs or with SOHO wireless routers configured to use the same SSID. These systems also have the ability to constantly auto select operating channels in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands so your wireless network is always operating at the best efficiency/performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-naming-a-wireless-network-using-two-wireless-routers.1139849/
Relevancy 51.17%

Apparently this Cannot wireless configure router is a common problem but I m unable to fix it I have a DSL modem Bell Sympatico and a wireless router D-Link WBR- I made a wireless network which works fine but I want to enable encryption and need to access the router s configuration screen at Trouble is I can t seem to access it - my browser attempts to connect to it as a web address I ve been told I need to set a static IP so I changed my IP to and the default gateway and DNS server to This didn t work - in fact after I did this I couldn t connect to ANYTHING So I must have done something wrong Clearly I don t know what I quot m doing and am in over my head Anyway here s ipconfig-all ----------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name rob-d e c Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List no-domain-set bellcanada no-domain-set bellcanada Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix no-domain-set bellcanada Description LAN-Express IEEE PCI Adapter Physical Address - - A-E -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday Cannot configure wireless router October PM Lease Expires Saturday October P M Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix no-domain-set bellcanada Description National Semiconductor Corp DP MacPhyter PCI Adapter Physical Address - F- -C -A - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Cannot configure wireless router Lease Obtained Wednesday October PM Lease Expires Saturday October P M ------------- Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

i have bought wireless-G Router(cwr-854) will you please tell me how to fix and to use it

thanks and regards
yassin

A:Configure wireless router.

i have adsl conection ineed to acces through my laptop and other dvices by wirels

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configure-wireless-router.692005/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys,
I hope you are having a good day!
My name is Alex. I configured my repeater for home network yesterday but everything was seemed to work incorrectly. The repeater kept dropping connection. So I would like to ask you guys about this. My desktop is broken, I connect to my main router wirelessly through a laptop.
Here are some information I have got about my main router (TP-Link WR740N):
LAN IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
WAN IP Address: 192.168.100.4
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.100.1
DNS Server: 192.168.100.1, 0.0.0.0
DHCP Start IP Address: 192.168.0.100
End IP Address: 192.168.0.199
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
I login to my repeater (TP-Link WR841N) through a LAN cable by enter the address 192.168.0.1 to a browser.
Could anyone please explain step-by-step the processes for me to configure my repeater? I really need your help!
Thank you very much indeed!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53860-configure-wireless-repeater.html
Relevancy 51.17%

good evening!
I want to know,ho w to configure this kind of network card.I never do this before.Plz help me to know step by step or eney site or sourse from where I get it .
Thanks

A:how to configure wireless nic card

I've moved you to Networking.

While you wait for responses we need to know if you have a wireless router and if you want to or already have encryption setup on the router to secure your wireless network.

I guess brands and model number would be useful too to install and configure everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-configure-wireless-nic-card.518760/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have this one computer in my house that uses a Motorola wireless adapter to connect to an g network through a router However recently the computer acted up I reformatted it and reinstalled the adapter software However i cannot access its control panel to configure any options This i have no explanation for I have no option to make windows use its own controls instead of the software s because i have no connection see next paragraph On top of that Windows SP is not letting me configure a wireless connection I press setup a wireless connection and enter the SSID named Wireless but it doesn t do anything I have no options to configure which networks to connect to For example in the wireless connection box it will not let me choose preferred networks because configure connection wireless Cannot it says there is no connection In the network connections window all i have is connection and local area connection disconnected No wireless connection no matter how many times i set one up What i don t know is if this is a problem related to the adapter or Cannot configure wireless connection windows I would think it is the adapter since i just reformatted windows to factory conditions and the problem persisted Thanks very much nbsp

A:Cannot configure wireless connection

Did you reinstall all the mobo drivers etc after you re-did windows?

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-configure-wireless-connection.536449/
Relevancy 51.17%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

First of all, THANKS for looking! Here's my quandry:

My wireless router is in the living room. My printer (which is networkable but not wireless) is in the study. How can I print from a laptop that is on the network wirelessly to that printer? (without walking the laptop over to the printer and using the USB cable)

I was thinking of adding another wireless router over by the printer and plugging the network cable into the router and printer. The router would not have any other network connection (wired) and set the router as an access point only.

Would that work? Probably not but figured it was worth a shot!

Thanks again for your help.

A:Solved: Printing to Network Printer via Wireless Network

If you are able to use the wireless router in bridged mode to connect to your wireless router in the living room then it should work yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-to-network-printer-via-wireless-network.800417/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am at a hotel and was connected with no problem to the wireless. I wasn't getting a good connection however, so I closed that connection out and tried to connect to another one.

Now, when I click on Connect To and Wireless Connections - I get the message that "Windows Cannot Configure This Wireless Connection"

I am now connected through an ethernet cord but am unable to find any wireless connections and i know they are there and my Boingo screen keeps popping up saying I have a connection by my wireless is not detecting it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Relevancy 50.74%

I router 2nd configure on subnet wireless to How have two subnets on my home network one for my family s Internet access and one for my video surveillance system https email protected Sorry for the link rather than inserting a picture but I don t have an account anywhere I can link to the picture or don t know how from Flickr It all works correctly except for the wireless connection on the video network I m trying to use the wireless router as an access point How to configure wireless router on 2nd subnet instead of How to configure wireless router on 2nd subnet router maybe that just won t work with the two routers I ve tried Alternatively I could have a third subnet for the wireless cameras but I am unsure how to make that work so that How to configure wireless router on 2nd subnet the dual-homed PC could access it What is best To buy an access point rather than a router Or manual route to a third subnet If the latter I d appreciate any instruction on how to configure it I ve read some articles from various router makers on it but it s still not clear Thanks Dale nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have an Asus wireless WL- GU that I have a wired connection to my PC Why because I am using the wireless only to allow access to my webradio Problem is the web radio connects of time Other times to connect I need to manually configure on webradio to connect to connect to Unable configure wireless to router wireless It works sometimes other times not I haven t been be to get to point of securing the SSID So probalby someone is stealing my bandwith Now to explain my setup my modem is connected to my Linksys adapter used for VOIP which to connected to the Lan port on the router I can surf the web on the PC but trying to establish a connection the PC does not recognize a wireless device I Unable to configure wireless router cannot even access the Asus web interface My default gateway is that of the Linksys adapter How to enable SSID so I can lock it and I can access the wireless problem-free from the web radio Aluratek nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I currently have a Desktop computer wireless configure this Windows connection cannot IBM - Pentium GHz Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack Windows cannot configure this wireless connection connected directly to my Linksys WRT N Wireless N-Router to allow me access to the internet About a year ago I purchased a laptop computer Dell Inspiron GHz Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack and easily created a network by connecting it wirelessly to the router However after a Windows cannot configure this wireless connection few months of the laptop wirelessly accessing the internet flawlessly I now see in the Network Connections screen that my wireless connection Dell Wireless Draft n WLAN Mini-Card is not connected When I go to the Wireless Network Connection screen to choose a wireless network I receive the message quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection If you have enabled another program to manage the wireless connection use that software quot Within my Device Manager I have listed network adapters Net Adapter Broadcom x Integrated Controller and the Dell Wireless Draft n WLAN Mini-Card The status of all of the adapters were checked and all are working properly Furthermore I connected the laptop directly to router to see if that would enable me to access the internet which it did In addition I have the Wireless Zero Configuration disabled I have read online that others are having the same problem All indications point to having programs installed to wirelessly connect to the internet which is causing the problem Can anyone confirm the problem I am having and explain how to rectify it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Need a reminder of how to let windows manage wirless signals and such..
Ryan

A:How to let windows configure wireless signals?

WZC

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1102.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-let-windows-configure-wireless-signals.583327/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
i have configured my wireless router.But im having problems. I can connect to the the internet using a lan cable which is connected to the router. but when im using the wireless connection i do not have internet connectivity. please help!!

A:Configure Thomson TG585v8 Wireless

What happens when you try and connect using wireless? Do you aquire an IP Address? Do you get any sort of error messages? Can any other devices connect to the wireless?

Please do the following :

Start > Run > Enter "CMD" > Select ok

Enter "ipconfig /all" and copy and paste the results here

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configure-thomson-tg585v8-wireless.1034160/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently had comcast install the internet at my apt and I installed and configured a Linksys WRT wireless router to the network Cannot Windows Wireless Connection Configure This My Mac powerbook found Windows Cannot Configure This Wireless Connection the SSID I setup immediately Windows Cannot Configure This Wireless Connection and connected just fine It also stayed connected with good speeds The problem is Windows Cannot Configure This Wireless Connection with my pc laptop I installed the Linksys router software on the pc and after I did that it would not connect nor detect the network Also when I go to view available wireless networks it says quot Windows Cannot Configure this Wireless Connection quot So I removed the Linksys software and still had the same problem I can start wireless zero configuration through the servies and check the box that says quot Use Windows to configure wireless connection quot but when I reboot it loses those settings and I have to manually check the boxes again Even when I manually connect the connection is intermittent on the pc while it s not on the mac Any ideas on how to get windows to automatically recongize the network and connect everytime it boots up nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a vaio computer with windows xp on. we were tring to set up a wireless printer. While doing this we started to get the error message that windows cannot configur this wireless connection. Now it is doing it on every wireless conection, so cannot connect to internet thru wi-fi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-configure-wireless-conection.789658/
Relevancy 50.74%

I let my friend borrow my laptop and I don't know what he did - now I can't manually configure my wireless settings (or view wireless networks), it says windows is managing these settings for me - even after I disable and stop wireless zero configuration. The laptop is an HP, windows xp pro Sp2. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running XP on a Dell desktop and have been using a secure wireless connection from a neighbor's modem. My computer would show several wireless networks available until a few weeks ago and now only shows the "Windows Cannot Configure..." message. However, it is connected wirelessly right now to another neighbor's unprotected wireless.
I have gone through the procedure to check the box on the Wireless Networks page to "Have Windows Control" the wireless, but the box is unchecked the next time I go to it.
The only thing I did recently was to download Picasa, that could have been the last I did before this condition.
Thanks

A:Windows Cannot Configure Wireless Connection

<<...it is connected wirelessly right now to another neighbor's unprotected wireless.>>

Are you saying that you have illegally connected to someone's wifi network...because your own network has problems?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461333/windows-cannot-configure-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 50.74%

I moved my HDD connection(XP cannot configure a network SP2) with windows XP from one computer to another Since my previous broke down due to my house burning down S Managed to save the HDDs At startup windows wouldn t start all new hardware Didn t exactly expect it to start either So I did a windows repair and I got it to boot Everything is working fine except that I can t get my internet connection up and running I went to quot network connections quot in the control panel translated Might not be named exactly that on an english OS Theres no connections there so I choose quot create a new connection quot on the menu to the left gt quot connect to the internet quot gt quot install my connection manually cannot configure a network connection(XP SP2) quot gt quot connect with a connectiong that is always up quot All I get is quot theres already a working connection thats configured quot And the cannot configure a network connection(XP SP2) quot finish setup quot I tried poking around with the settings but I always end up with that msg The same connection works with this computer so I the modem and etc is working And oh the computer doesn t even respond when I put the cord in I just get the lights at the back Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I am getting a new computer to replace my old computer.
What do I have to do with the new computer using Windows XP to connect it to the internet?
I have a Netgear Router and a Cable Connection.
Please help with specific instructions?
Many thanks

A:How to configure Network Wizard

If your router is already configured i.e if you were already using it to connect to the internet using your old PC then the process is very simple. Leave the cabling as it is except for the ethernet cable which you should now plug into your new PC as apose to your old one. If you have any MAC filtering on the router, either disable it or re-configure it to match your new machine's MAC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-configure-network-wizard.632657/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm having a lot of trouble watching videos-- they start, stop, start, stop-- always loading it seems. My internet connection is not good and that may be the problem. I'm over a mile from the very edge of the map that shows coverage for Clear.

I went into 'Local Area Connection'>Properties There it shows 'Broadband NetLink Gigabit Ethernet'. I click on 'Properties'> configure, click on 'Advanced' tab and I'm shown a list of things that have 'Value' next to the items. A lot of those things, on the list, show 'enable'--- should I enable any of them or leave them alone?

Relevancy 50.74%

My computer can't find my internet connection because th(Windows Network Connection Properties) Many times,UNCHECKS the box under (use Windows to configure) How can I make windows xp home addition to not radomly uncheck that box?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-windows-to-configure-network.407987/
Relevancy 50.74%

After upgrading from W K Pro to XP Pro the NIC in my system continued to function but the IP configuration could not be viewed or modified The hardware information was not displayed in the Properties for the LAN connection and no components clients TCP IP services etc were listed for the LAN connection If I clicked on Add the components would suddenly show up but I couldn t open anything to change TCP IP settings The device Intel NIC on the motherboard showed up in the device manager as working properly First I attempted to update the driver with the latest XP version downloaded from the OEM and XP said it could configure Cannot upgrade XP after Pro network to not find a better driver Cannot configure network after upgrade to XP Pro than the one already installed I attempted to remove the device from the device manager and got a message that it could not be removed because the device might be needed to boot the computer But then Cannot configure network after upgrade to XP Pro it removed it from the list of Cannot configure network after upgrade to XP Pro devices anyhow That s when the real trouble began Upon rebooting Windows XP detected new hardware installed the driver and said to reboot But after reboot the NIC appears in the device manager with a the device manager says the device is not working properly because the driver could not be loaded Now there are NO connections listed at all in the Network Places and I cannot configure set up any new connections Subsequent attempts to updating the driver from several sources does no good I disabled the integrated NIC in the BIOS and and installed a Com NIC The same thing happened - detected new hardware on boot installed the driver device manager shows for the device and unable to configure any network settings When I tried to remove the Com NIC with the device manager it said the same thing - couldn t because it might be needed to boot the computer The Com was removed and as a last resort the the registry was laboriously searched and edited to remove all of the references to the Intel NIC That didn t work and was at last attempt followed by a complete re-installation of XP in place That didn t work Anyone else had or heard of this kind of problem Any suggestions on how to resolve it The system is fine in all other respects its just lost its network and all the usual actions to remove and reinstall the NIC have failed nbsp

A:Cannot configure network after upgrade to XP Pro

What type of ISP do you have? Cable or DSL etc.
Try this go into control Panel > Add/remove programs > Windows Components Wizard > Network Services
That is where all your actual windows programs are.
you can see if your correct settings are there for internet connectivity.
But 1st I would try to uninstall the on board NIC in safe Mode then hopefully it won't argu with you on reboot to get the new drivers.
Also unplug the Network Cable from the back of the PC when trying to uninstall it. reset your ISP Modem.
Then make sure you have auto select in IE to detect network settings
Hope this helps
Peter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-configure-network-after-upgrade-to-xp-pro.194143/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had something happen to my Windows XP Pro network connection properties.

No matter what I do the under the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties it always defaults back to Obtain an IP address automatically. I'm trying to assign a static IP.

I've been using this computer in a static IP mode for approximately 6 years. Monday all #$%^ breaks loose and I'm still trying to recover.

The registry still holds the proper information, but for some reason everytime I view it from the properties tab it's back to auto.

Something's got a hold of me.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hy, I bought a new Sony Vaio VGN-FZ485U notebook with windows vista ultimate. In the first weeks the wireless adapter worked but after an update the wireless cannot connect to any signal. I tried everything immaginable: I used the repair conenction feature from vista, reinstall the driver, reset winsock, disable ip6, choose different settings for wireless card and still nothing. I cannot connect. The only other simptom I fund was that the card is not shown in ipconfig /all window. The cable connection works. All the drivers are up-to-date and "working properly". P.S.: system restore is disabled P.P.S.: I really don't want to reinstall the "marvelous" windows vista ultimate If anyone have any idea how to solve this please reply!

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I'm new. I came here because I have problems with windows xp. I dual boot Ubuntu Linux and don't use wubi. I was refferd here by a person from Ubuntu forums. My mom uses windows xp. For some reoson I can't get get internet in windows. I have a D-Link Dir-601 and it goes to a dsl box. For some reoson I can get it to work in ubuntu 10.4 but not windows xp. Can enyone help? Thanks. -Penguinplus

Relevancy 50.31%

If i try to open an mp3 it doesn't play. The program i use, jet audio, brings the song up, but it stays at 0:00 and it is not paused. If i open an mp3 in WMP i get this message that says the song is not available. I have all the permissions and there is not another program using the song. Also a problem that occurred along with this one is that the network window is blank. Also it says i am not connected to the network in the tray, but all the functionality of it is still there. All other windows like documents and my computer still work fine. Here is a pic of the network window. I am running ultimate. Thank you very much

Relevancy 50.31%

I am an *****, i was messing around with my routers settings, and i accidentally clicked"use as an access point". now the dhcp server is turned off and when i use it to connect with my laptop through wireless, i get the WAN ip instead of the LAN ip. and i do not know how to get into the settings. I have reset the router many many times, and i hjave tried entering the WAN ip into IE7 and i get a msn search error or w/e. I* have a cheap Belkin F5D7230-4. and im hoping that i do not have to buy a new router

A:Cant configure my wireless router/access point

Hi,

Check out "Portforward.com" they have guides for using/accessing most routers, including forgotten passwords etc.

Regards, Ellgor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-configure-my-wireless-router-access-point.74853/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Need a lot of help here please Let me quickly describe the situation I have an ADSL broadband router I have recently purchased a NETGEAR WGT wirless router so that I can connect laptops to our network Following advice posted on this site previously Configure Netgear wireless router WGT624 I have use lan cable to connect the ADSL router to the netgear I somehow managed to turn off the DHCP server and have set a static address I have no idea how i did this or what the static address is as I fiddled a lot and somehow got it to work As I sit here my laptop is able to connect to the wireless network and pick up the network called NETGEAR It is only a local connection however and does not pickup the internet If I plug in a lan cable from the NETGEAR to the laptop I then have internet connectivety The main problem is I have no idea how to configure the netgear Configure Netgear WGT624 wireless router router The manual says To log into your router after you have configured your router do the following Type http www routerlogin net in the address field of Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator When prompted enter admin for the router user name and password for the router password both in lower case letters or enter the password you chose if you changed it during the setup in Initial Configuration on page - Note The router user name and password are not the same as any user name or password you may use to log in to your Internet connection When I follow these instructions my browser firefox and internet explorer take me to the netgear online website and does not allow me to log onto the router to configure the wireless network I am using windows vista business I would very much appreciate any help as how to proceed Thanks Cara nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Since my return from near non-existence, my parents bought another router to (extend/repeat the wireless signal).

Here is what I have and what I've done so far...

D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router (updated firmware version: 1.34NA 2010-04-16)

and

D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless N Range Extender (firmware Version: V1.02 2009-10-09)
used WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) was added successfully, but the issue is I cannot seem to copy the mac address from the DIR-655 to the DAP-1360, so when you seek a wireless connection in my household, you see 2 different wireless signals, when all I should see is one (very strong) wireless connection.

I used the same SSID name, channel, and encrypted with WPA2-Personal synced 100% clock and all, except the mac address is different.

I have searched high and low for an answer and if anyone here can help me, I would be truly grateful.
Thank you in advance.

Ps- I can post screen shots if requested.

A:Can't configure D-Link wireless repeater properly

Does the extender have a setting to "Bridge" the two devices?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/97955-cant-configure-d-link-wireless-repeater-properly.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I purchased a Linksys WRT G wireless router version from amazon and when it arrived in the mail there was no CD with it I thought it was a new router but I think it must have been used wireless configure CD? How router linksys WRT54G to without as it has a goodwill price tag on the underside of it How do I get this router to send a wireless signal throughout my house without the CD How to configure linksys WRT54G wireless router without CD? So far I have connect the blue How to configure linksys WRT54G wireless router without CD? ethernet cord from the router to my internet modem and another ethernet cord from my router to my computer I also have both the wireless router and the internet modem powered up There is one numbered light on which is where I have the ethernet cord from the computer connected to the router and the internet light is blinking I have done several internet searches trying to find how I can send a wireless signal through my house with this router and the main thing I got was to go to the address and configure my router The thing is though is that while I can configure the router with a password and everything I still cannot get connected to the internet Can anyone walk me through this step by step nbsp

A:How to configure linksys WRT54G wireless router without CD?

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G

That should have everything you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-linksys-wrt54g-wireless-router-without-cd.151991/
Relevancy 50.31%

Windows XP Home Ed. My Dell laptop computer loses this setting and I have to reset it each time I start the computer. It looks like this may be because the "Apply" button is dimmed in the Wirelss Zero Config. Properties Window so that I can only click "OK". Have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-unable-to-configure-wireless-connection.721421/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am a Linux newbie I installed Red Hat in Feb in a dual-boot configuration with WinXP I have RH up and running and connected to the internet I have adapter Cisco Configure 350 Aironet Wireless PCI a Cisco Configure Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI adapter Aironet PCI adapter which I use on the WinXP side to connect to the internet My ISP people installed and configured this Cisco PCI adapter for me it works great on WinXP Now I want to get it working on the Linux side BTW I have a small parabolic antenna on my roof which points to a high antenna in town three miles away I live in the country So I am not trying to connect several home computers together I am trying to connect Configure Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI adapter to my ISP I have tried to use the Network Configurater included in Red Hat I entered as much info as I could Linux does recognize that there is some kind of connection on eth but appently more info is needed I have tried to follow the installation instructions on the Cisco web site I seem to need firmware drivers and utilities I have looked at the WinXP side and tried to download the Linux version of the drivers etc I have download AIROLINUXv tar gz and -PCMCIA-LMC-PCI-v exe I ran tar zxvf and unpacked the tar gz file I don t know what to do with v exe file I now have alot of files in my HOME directory such as quot acu bcard installer leaplogin leapscript leapset I have been able to follow the Cisco installation instructions up to where it says to do sh kpciinstall Can t get that to work lsmod shows a cwintall but no kpciinstall The Cisco installation instructs are at www cisco com en US products hw wireless ps product installation and configuring I realize this is a pretty big undertaking especially for a newbie like me Hopefully someone can get me going in the right direction Thanks -Gene- nbsp

A:Configure Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI adapter

UPDATE...I have started all over with this project.

I went to Cisco.com and used their wizard to locate and down load the proper firmware, driver and utilities.

I now have and can use the 'sh kpciinstall' command. However, when I type in 'sh kpciinstall' it asks me for the path to the 'kernel source'. The Cisco installation instructions say I must have this 'kernel source'.

When I type 'ls kernel source'...I get nothing. I'm lost.

I found a web site called 'rpmfind.net' which has a download for this 'kernel source' that matches my kernel version number (2.4.18-27.8.0). Huge download. Is this what I want? Is this the whole Linux kernel?

I just don't understand this at all. Would appreciate any help I can get.

TIA!

-Gene-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configure-cisco-aironet-350-wireless-pci-adapter.125165/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok, not sure if this is possible but I am sure someone will set me straight. Here is the setup I currently have. I have a Netgear wireless router connected to a couple of computers, no problems at all with it, next, in another room, I have a desktop computer with a wireless card installed to access my network. Is it possible to hook my extra wireless router (D-Link DI524) to this computer and configure it to act like an access point to extend my signal further through my house? If so how is this done? I need detailed instructions. Someone told me I could do it this way with a crossover cable attached to the computer and the router....is this true? Any help would be great. Thanks, Mike

Relevancy 49.88%

How do I properly setup a Linksys wifi router to work behind a network.

what ive done so far:

1. Turned off DHCP on the wifi, since my network already has DHCP
2. Turned off NAT service on the wifi
3. Turned DHCP configuration on the wifi so that the existing network will asign IP

I can connect to WIFI but cannot get internet. At first I was able to, aftter turning it off and turning it back ON, I cant get internet. Is my configuration correct?

A:Configure Linksys Wifi behind a network

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc. Note that you should use the same SSID and encryption key for the secondary router but a non-conflicting channel. I recommend channels 1, 6, or 11 for use for the best results.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configure-linksys-wifi-behind-a-network.951861/
Relevancy 49.88%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a bank of 11 computers, 8 of which are 2000s, and unfortunately 4 of them are NTs. I have configured the 2000 machines for my printer network, but cannot finish the process for the NTs. I have both the HP disc and the NT OS disc needed to do it. (It is an HP 930C printer). I get as far as Driver Options. I need to know which driver it is on the NT OS disc (and how to extract it), and hopefully I can finish the process from there. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

Please see the attached pic to learn more about my situation.

I have two routers at home: Buffalo wifi router and Cisco 1700
So far, i have configured on the cisco router
Fa0/0 with 192.168.12.1 255.255.255.0
eth0/0 with 192.168.11.60 255.255.255.0

route with RIP v2, no auto-summary.
In LAN 1, my PC1 can go online and Ping to LAN2 with no problem.

MY PROBLEM:
In LAN 2, my pc2 and laptop can PING to pc1 and router 1. but they CAN'T go online. It seems LAN2 can't go beyond LAN1 to the internet.
Does anyone if I am missing anything to configure on the cisco router?? Thanks a lot!!!

Relevancy 49.88%

hey all... as the title says.. i was wondering if it is possible to create a bat file to configure the network settings on the computers on my network so i can give each computer its own ip.. and how i would go about doing it... thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

Running Client/ Server connectivity:
Our Group of company has an Application Server, Database Server, all servers & Clients have same IP segment (as like 192.168.200.0).
Future Plan:
All Serverís IP will be same IP segment (as like: 192.168.200.0) but all clientís IP will be different Segment (as like: 192.168.203.0, 192.168.100.0).
Pls. inform me how can I develop & established my future plan?

A:How to configure access Server from different network?

Router or layer 3 switch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-configure-access-server-from-different-network.923343/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to connect to a wireless network with a laptop. It required a network key, so I went on the one laptop used regularly in the place and used to configure it and turned off the encryption. I am now posting this from the desktop which is still connected. My laptop indicates it's connected but won't receive any data. Ping shows "destination host unreachable" and 100% loss.

Relevancy 49.88%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have recently configured my PC which had Windows7 Home Premium 64bit version with dual boot option on a separate partitition with Windows7 Ultimate 64bit. It boots fine with Ultimate version but does not recognize wireless network adapter. I have to problem connecting using OS Windows7 Home Premium version. How to resolve this problem. Please help!

A:How do I configure wireless netwk on dual boot PC with Windows7 Ult-64

Download the drivers for your wireless network adapter and install them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243900-how-do-i-configure-wireless-netwk-dual-boot-pc-windows7-ult-64-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Wireless charger DT-903 on Lumia 930 running Windows 10 Mobile.
On the previous versions of windows 8.1 you could simply find the wireless charger in the devices hub and configure how it will notify you if you have a missed call or text message.
Now on the Windows 10 mobile I can't find any option to configure the wireless chager even though it is connected through bluetooth with the phone. The tap to pair using NFC works on it. If you have NFC on, and tap the phone against the charger it automatically connects to it through BT.
Any ideas ?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443012-how-can-you-configure-wireless-charger-dt-903-windows-10-mobile-device.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just purchase a Trendnet 432brp wireless router and I'm struggling with getting it working.
First I put in the EasyGo CD for installing the router and followed the instructions to the letter but the connection of the ethernet cable from the router to the computer was not recognized.
No configuration can take place without the internet connection and that can't take place unless the computer recognizes the ethernet cable. Help !!

A:Trendnet 432brp wireless router configure problems

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trendnet-432brp-wireless-router-configure-problems.813110/
Relevancy 49.45%

Was wondering how to setup and configure a shared network printer w/ IP address. The network printers were working fine until the Network was moved and setup in a new location. After the move, the printers can't print. Does the printer need to be reconfigured with IP address? If so, how? Thanks in advance.

npd

Relevancy 49.45%

I take in customer's pc's, hook them up to my router and LAN. But I always have to manually go into windows and set the network settings, such as the name of my workgroup, give the computer a static ip address, put in the dns servers, and then manually map some network drives.

I was wondeirng if there is a little disc either floppy or cd, that you can pop into the computer and this disc will run and automatically set up all the proper network settings that you configure. So I could run this disc in windows for instance, the computer will then be on my network, in my workgroup, have some drive mappings, and have a static ip address with internet access.

Is there anything like this available?

A:Automatically configure network settings with a disc?

This would be a pretty nice idea for me too!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatically-configure-network-settings-with-a-disc.367971/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Dell desktop PC running Windows XP hard connected to a Netgear wireless internet router with an hp printer. Internet works fine. In another room, my Dell Inspiron 2650 conncts to the internet just fine through the wireless connection. However, for some reason my printer sharing stopped working. Troubleshooting suggested I run the windows network wizard on both computers. It worked on the laptop, but it cannot configure the network on the desktop pc. I've searched all over the internet for an answer, and even tried contacting the manufacturer, but nothing has come of it. As far as I know, all of the drivers are updated for both computer and router. If any other information is needed, let me know! I've racked my brain over this problem!!

A:Network Wizard Can't Configure, Printer Sharing

Did you install a firewall or any security software lately? Also, make sure you've got simple file sharing turned on. (Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - View - Use Simple File Sharing)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-wizard-cant-configure-printer-sharing.555201/
Relevancy 49.45%

I tried to go through the post but wasn t sure just what I need to do I formatted and reinstalled my Windows Home Premium SP X in my HP Pavilion dv - us Entertainment PC laptop I have been unable to connect to my modem or get on the internet Message is Network Adapter missing I did go and download drivers sp exe and sp because it said I was missing drivers I had reinstall once before and use these and I had no problem but it didn t solve the issue this time and window network install adapter missing after format Solved: 7 from I went to start and did a CMD search and came up Solved: network adapter missing from window 7 after format and install with this Windows IP Configuration Host Name my name was there Primary Dns Suffix this was blank Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled no WINS Proxy Enabled no When I go to Device Manager Listed under Other devices All yellow Ethernet Controller Network Controller Solved: network adapter missing from window 7 after format and install PCI Device SM Bus Controller Universal Serial Bus UBS Controller Universal Serial Bus UBS Controller Unknown Device Unknown Device Can you advise me on what my next step should be Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys Let me explain the situation first I have a Desktop PC and a netbook They are in the same room and so is my router My router is a Wire from AT amp T All these devices support wireless G My file transfer speeds from my desktop to laptop is going at a dismal rate of around KB s I am connected to my router at Mbps with my WiFi network issues. me my please? configure WiFi Help correctly Speed cards on both the systems I am trying to figure out where this bottleneck is and try and speed this up -I am in an apartment building There is least interference on channel so I have set my router to use channel -The router is set to work at either B or G but I know I'm definitely connected by G on both the computers since I'm connected at Mbps -I have full WiFi Help me configure my WiFi network correctly please? Speed issues. signal on both computers and there is hardly any interference in my apartment that I am aware of My internet bandwith is perfectly fine -Transfer rates between these two computers through a LAN connection is blazing fast Its connected at Gbps and transfer rates are around MB s -If I connect the desktop and netbook in the Ad Hoc mode I get a pretty steady MB s -In the registry I have set the NetworkThrottlingIndex to FFFFFFFF hex so throttling is essentially turned off but that makes no difference Does anyone have any ideas that could help me Thanks

A:Help me configure my WiFi network correctly please? Speed issues.

I have another question:

My netbook has Draft N wireless. I have heard that the maximum speed on that is 150Mbps. Is that for both send and receive? Also what would it be real world?

If I had a WiFi wireless N 150Mbps send/300Mbps receive card on my PC, and this draft N card on my netbook, will I have enough transfer rates to stream my BluRay discs from my PC to my Netbook? I have heard that BlurRays have a maximum bit rate of 40Mbps which means I should be totally good to go right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186870-help-me-configure-my-wifi-network-correctly-please-speed-issues.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm having a problem with my network connection properties window in XP. The net connection and wireless adapter (TP-LINK 802.11ac Network Adapter) work fine. When I right click on the network connection icon and select "Properties", I can see the adapter listed, but when i click the "Configure" button, the properties window just exits instead of allowing me to adjust the properties of the wireless adapter. It did work before and now it doesn't. I can still go into device manager and change the adapter settings there, just not from the network connection properties window. I'm guessing it something registry related, but not sure. Any ideas?Thanks!

A:Configure button for network adapter stopped working

Long shot that sometimes fixes oddities:Go to "Device Manager > Your Network Adapter", right click it and select Uninstall.If by any chance it asks if you want to remove Software then DON'T LET IT (probably doesn't say that in XP). Ignore other warnings. Restart computer. This procedures has simply unhooked the driver, so it will then see your adapter as new hardware and setup the software again. It might happen to get it right this time.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/configure-button-for-network-adapter-stopped-working/203676.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi.
i am using windows xp home on a wireless router while my bro is using windows xp pro on the LAN of the router. he is able to access my pc after i shared my drive but i couldnt access his at all. his is also shared and i hav set up a small network with the same name. i can see the name of his pc but i couldnt enter. the error msg reads :
" \\name of pc is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if u have xs permissions. Logon failure : the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

my bros pc is on Norton antivirus 2005. and both our service pack is SP1.

thanx

A:window xp home cant connect to pc with window xp pro on a setuped small network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-home-cant-connect-to-pc-with-window-xp-pro-on-a-setuped-small-network.423985/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All - Thankyou in Advance My issue is all the network can window Ping only window see 7 after test to desktops 10 Network tablet see each other but when u send or transfer to or from Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops the tablet win - It cannot send through wireless network even through you can tend to see all networks name on the Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops network list etc BUT after ping it shows st test no response and Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops then nd to th shows ping and successful etc then I click on network and can see Send files to all networks or the network you choose etc as Previously but NOW you can send and receive files etc - it will only work after you ping - any ideas how to solve this Just a head up i was thinking its along power management in WiFi but it doesn't have a setting for it on window and make things worst after i think about minutes or so you have to ping again to see network etc It appears something going to sleep mode or power saver mode etc but wifi or network i cannot see any information or power mangement Please Help - This is doing my head in ha Also Try drivers update and window update no change

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54383-network-see-only-after-ping-test-window-10-tablet-window-7-desktops.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All Not a network Relay Alvarion Router Configure To Ethernet TG585v8 off Thomson Wireless expert so need a little help here I live out in the sticks so the only way to get an internet connection is through a white box radio receiver made by a company called Alvarion It s stuck Configure Thomson TG585v8 Wireless Router To Relay off Alvarion Ethernet on the outside of the house and only has one wire protruding This wire runs inside and ends in an ethernet connection I ve been using this to connect to the internet So far so good But now I was hoping to be able to somehow turn this ethernet connection into a wireless connection I have a Thomson TG v wireless router and was wondering if there is a way that I can use this I tried just plugging the Alvarion ethernet connection into one of the Thomson s ports but this didn t work I read somewhere that I need to turn off the DHCP for the Thomson router but I can t work out how to get into the configuration menu to do so If I connect the Thomson directly to my laptop and go to the default Thomson Gateway it asks for a username and password and I can t get past this I ve already tried Administrator and a blank password and I ve tried the Network Name and Wireless Key just in case but to no avail I reset the router but still no luck I ve also tried going to dsldevice lan but again no luck Well I may be wildly off track but if someone would be kind enough to steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated Cheers Chew nbsp