Windows Support Forum

Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

Q: Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 85.25%

I am sitting here after plunking down dollars for a coffee and lunch and I cannot use their wireless internet but I ask a dozen other people connect to unable "SSID"" "Windows to was here if they cannot connect not single one is unable to connect When I try to connect I get a quot Windows was unable to connect to WaterStreet KZoo quot however both my android phone and Windows tablet connected with a breeze I did the "Windows was unable to connect to "SSID"" Windows troubleshooting and it reset my adapter but still cannot connect then it told me that to investigate wireless modem issues which I know is not it people with multiple devices plus two other of my devices work I tried every step mentioned in all these including uninstalling the driver and the winsock reset thing and it made no difference Fix Windows Was Unable to Connect to Selected Network - wireless networking - Windows was unable to connect to this network - Super User I cannot connect to a wi-fi network https social technet microsoft com tpronetworking when it comes to the ip release renew I get the following message quot no operation can be performed when media is disconnected quot which I tried every step in these urls made no difference either I get an error quot media disconnected quot when I try to renew the IP - Microsoft Community how can i fix this ERROR - renewing you IP address - IP Address - Wireless Networking ipconfig - no operation can be performed while it's media However I fired up my Android hotspot and even after the device uninstall reinstall where it has not a single WiFi network in memory it connected to my hotspot WiFi no questions asked

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380888-windows-unable-connect-ssid.html
Relevancy 84.63%

I have a Microsoft account set up with a pin. Every time I boot my computer up, I am greeted with the login screen and my photo, with the message below it, "We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later." And it's asking for my password, not my pin. For some reason, I see my username twice on the lower left corner. One is the password log-in, the other is the pin. I can successfully log in with either. I just want to know, what is with the error message? I've got a connection, so I can't figure out why.

A:Error message "We are unable to connect right now" on login screen

Originally Posted by GuyInDogSuit

I have a Microsoft account set up with a pin. Every time I boot my computer up, I am greeted with the login screen and my photo, with the message below it, "We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later." And it's asking for my password, not my pin. For some reason, I see my username twice on the lower left corner. One is the password log-in, the other is the pin. I can successfully log in with either. I just want to know, what is with the error message? I've got a connection, so I can't figure out why.

Hi, I am having the same error message when setting up auto login. So did you managed to resolve this issue? Anyone here with any advise? Thanks ...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29179-error-message-we-unable-connect-right-now-login-screen.html
Relevancy 84.32%

Hello guys I have just finished my very first computer build and am rather happy with most things Unfortunately I am having problems connecting to the internet I have a temporary dongle in place and because it's my only option for about a month I kinda need it to work When I first connected it I found my connection "Windows this to connect internet was to netwo connect Can't unable to and I successfully connected I downloaded Google Chrome and Steam then unfortunately it randomly stopped working Where the strength bar should of been there was a large red cross when I found my connection it read quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot I Googled this and people said delete your connection and reconnect that didn't work so then I tried to set my Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo security type to something different or off as recommended in a solved post the problem persisted Now after restarting my computer several times it sometimes rejects my password or comes up with the quot the settings for the network quot and on rare occasions it connects then minutes later comes up wit my original problem I have tried resetting my connection details as what is saved on my laptop and mac and they don't work either Any help greatly appreciated Regards Lee

A:Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo

Try removing profiles after you remove the device with Device manager and letting windows detect it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263667-cant-connect-internet-windows-unable-connect-netwo.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I have a user who just received his HP LaserJet 4100mfp back from repair. Before, it could be set up to scan to email without issues.

Now that it's back, the customer was trying to select "Send Options" via the control panel. An error returned, "unable to connect" on the display. Not sure why that is the case, if it's a setting issue, SMTP setting, host name, etc., or if there's a greater error in effect. Any advice and leads would be great.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laserjet-4101mfp-unable-to-connect-error.952779/
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia 55" tv and I tried connecting to the wifi both auto and manually, but no luck. It shows connected but without Internet access. Am able to connect to other devices with this wifi connections. I did check the ip settings too. Please help. Thank you !

A:Sony tv 55" unable to connect to wifi internet

Hi

Is it a smart tv?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-tv-55-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-internet.1142490/
Relevancy 81.84%

Okay this is going to be a very long post So bear with me here I have an acer aspire g laptop I use wifi at my home and the wireless network seemed to work "Unable multiple to Getting wireless" after 7) to connect attempts(Windows message fine there Then after a few days I came to the hostel We have wifi in the hostel so I tried to connect my laptop with the wifi And there is a message that came quot Getting message "Unable to connect to wireless" after multiple attempts(Windows 7) Unable to connect to stes name of the wifi network earlier I thought that it was a temporary thing and that it would work the next day but then the next day my room mates arrived and their laptops connected easily without the error message When I click on the wifi icon on the right hand side bottom bar I can see the network but it does not connect and gives me the same error message When I click on Getting message "Unable to connect to wireless" after multiple attempts(Windows 7) Network and Sharing Center and then on manage wireless network I don t see the name stes of the wireless network So I can t even remove it I have tried uninstalling installing updating my network adapter drivers etc but none of the things have worked I can t seem to figure out what the problem is Its really bugging me now I formatted my laptop restored it to factory settings nothing worked I also tried to connect through a hotspot which I made from my mobile and it got connected easily without any problem Can anyone help me out here nbsp

A:Getting message "Unable to connect to wireless" after multiple attempts(Windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-message-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-after-multiple-attempts-windows-7.1084807/
Relevancy 81.84%

After Windows 8.1 x64 Professional is running for a while, when I go into disk management I get:
"unable to connect with virtual disk service"
Upon reboot it starts working again. I have done an sfc /scannow and it comes up with no errors.
Any suggestions?
This is more than a minor annoyance, when I connect a USB drive it's doesn't map a letter to it and I have to go into disk management to do so. Rebooting each time is costing lost productivity. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/673f2760-30ec-400f-8c35-b6c69d3964c7/quotunable-to-connect-with-virtual-disk-servicequot-windows-81?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 81.53%

Hello I have an HP Envy 17 Laptop. I've recently been unable to connect to an unsecured wi-fi connection that I have been able to connect to perfectly fine in the past. Since yesterday though, when I tried to connect, I kept getting a message saying, "Windows was unable to connect to blank internet".

If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

A:Windows was unable to connect to "select" Internet

Yes, I do, however, it's not my own connection I'm trying to connect to. Our internet ocassionally goes down, so whenever that happens, we use our neighbors network. I'm guessing they have a router. Another point to be noted is that, my laptop is the only device that is unable to connect to our neighbor's network, my sibling is able to connect his laptop, along with his Ipod Touch, without any problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/138820-windows-unable-connect-select-internet.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi guys as the title suggests I am unable to download Windows media via the provided Microsoft setup I have contacted Microsoft on multiple occasions with multiple agents connecting to my computer via a remote connection and have been unable to fix the problem They had the cheek to offer me a Guaranteed Fix which from what I saw with the technicians put me right off Upon giving the licence key I have to Microsoft agents everyone stated that my key was fine with no problems Once I enter my key I get quot We can't connect right now Please check your internet connection and try again quot The ironic thing is my internet connection is fine and the license key apparently checks out ok It's to 8- connect right now" can't download Unable "We Windows really frustrating not being able to download the Windows media nor find an alternative direct download like Windows from Digital River Again I Unable to download Windows 8- "We can't connect right now" have a legitimate key so I can't see what the problem is My time date has been set multiple times via the internet so I can't see this being an issue I've tried to download not activate to be clear via another machine and I am given the same error Every technician has tried a cold boot with services and applications disabled I have provided Unable to download Windows 8- "We can't connect right now" a screenshot for further support

A:Unable to download Windows 8- "We can't connect right now"

What site address said "a ?65 Guaranteed Fix" . I am not aware of a Microsoft site that does that? Ditto - to what "Microsoft agents", did you give the licence key ? To what purpose, and why, are you constantly resetting the time and date.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43640-unable-download-windows-8-we-cant-connect-right-now.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi I'am having problems when connecting to my router Some times i can connect to my router on the first attempt but after a while it disconnects randomly and i cant connect back without trying to connect about half an hour Its also really slow although sometimes its superfast When i cant connect to my router i try fixing it with troubleshooter and it's not succesfull most of the time but somehow it repairs it and it connects to internet if i am lucky I'am running Win -bit and i have Belkin USB wireless adapter Belkin surf N When i first bought the adapter it didnt connect to internet so i throught it was unable connect" to "Windows is not working and i got it replaced I got the same "Windows was unable to connect" problem with the second one as well it's been a quite long time since i had this problem and its starting to annoy me really badlly I just cant figure out if it is something to do with my settings windows or my wireless adapter I dont think theres something wrong with router because my brother connects to it without any problems wireless I want to show you the troubleshooter reports as well REPORT WHEN TROUBLESHOOTER DONT FIX THE PROBLEM Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details Issues "Windows was unable to connect" found Problem with wireless adapter or access pointProblem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Reset the wireless adapter Completed Investigate router or access point issues Completed Refer to Windows Help and Support for more "Windows was unable to connect" information about wireless connectivity problems Completed Issues found Detection details Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Reset the wireless adapter Completed Network Diagnostics Log File Name B B -A E- E - B - D C A Repair etl Investigate router or access point issues Completed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device After all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Network Diagnostics Log File Name C DF- D - - FA - A B C C Repair etl Refer to Windows Help and Support for more information about wireless connectivity problems Completed Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue Detection details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Manufacturer Belkin International Inc Provider Belkin International Inc Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date January Section Name RTL su ndi Hardware ID usb vid d amp pid a Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Diagnostics Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID ad b a- c - f - da- abc bbb a Interface name Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Interface type Native WiFi Profile SKY SSID SKY SSID length Connection mode Infra Security Yes Connect even if network is not broadcasting No Connection incident diagnosed Auto Configuration ID Connection ID Connection status summary Connection started at - - - Profile match Success Pre-Association Success Association Success Security and Authentication Fail List of visible access point s item s total item s displayed BSSID BSS Type PHY Signal dB Chnl freq SSID ------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - -EC-AC-CD Infra lt unknown gt - O wirelessECACCD - - A- A-DD- Infra g - D-Link - F- - - - Infra g - SKY - -B - -E - A Infra g - SKY - - - B- - D Infra g - O wireless - F- F- B- A-FD Infra g - Thomson E - -E -F - - B Infra g - TiscaliF B - -E -F -C - Infra g - Alpha - -B -B - B- Infra g - Blondieee C- - C... Read more

A:"Windows was unable to connect"

no one got any idea ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174908-windows-unable-connect.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have been messing with my daughter's computer Sony Vaio VGN-CS J with Win professional for days now and cannot connect to the wireless network that our other two laptops running Vista work fine on This all started when my router went wonky and I had to go wit's end At unable "windows to my connect" was buy another power adapter for it For some reason I realize this is illogical I've been unable to get her back to our wireless network since then Things At my wit's end "windows was unable to connect" I've tried Unplugged reset both router and modem probably times Connected her laptop directly to the router and confirmed the router settings that way Uninstalled wireless adapter Intel Wi-Fi link AGN and let startup re-install numerous times Downloaded and installed latest drivers for said adapter Copied my network settings from working laptop to the one that won't connect Deleted the network and recreated it numerous times Tried to ping router unsuccessfully general failure System restore to a few different dates when said laptop WAS connecting Reset all the router settings via New name SSID key etc Then created new network on non-connecting laptop with new settings I can see the wireless network that's not the issue However I can't connect to it I ran ipconfig all and the adapter is listed as quot media not connected quot I'm using WPA -personal for security if that matters If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it What makes it so frustrating is that it worked fine a week ago and now I can't get it working for the life of me The only other think I can think of that it may be would be her antivirus software causing an issue But then again she had the same software installed and running a week ago and it wasn't an issue TIA Lorraine

A:At my wit's end "windows was unable to connect"

Quote: Originally Posted by lorraineg

I have been messing with my daughter's computer (Sony Vaio VGN-CS320J with Win7 professional) for days now and cannot connect to the wireless network that our other two laptops running Vista work fine on.

This all started when my router went wonky and I had to go buy another power adapter for it. For some reason (I realize this is illogical.) I've been unable to get her back to our wireless network since then. Things I've tried:

1. Unplugged, reset both router and modem probably 50 times.
2. Connected her laptop directly to the router and confirmed the router settings that way.
3. Uninstalled wireless adapter (Intel Wi-Fi link 5100 AGN) and let startup re-install (numerous times)
4. Downloaded and installed latest drivers for said adapter
5. Copied my network settings from working laptop to the one that won't connect.
6. Deleted the network and recreated it (numerous times)
7. Tried to ping router unsuccessfully. (general failure)
8. System restore to a few different dates when said laptop WAS connecting.
9. Reset all the router settings via 192.168.1.1 (New name, SSID, key, etc.)Then created new network on non-connecting laptop with new settings.

I can see the wireless network, that's not the issue. However, I can't connect to it. I ran ipconfig/all and the adapter is listed as "media not connected". I'm using WPA2-personal for security if that matters.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. What makes it so frustrating is that it worked fine a week ago and now I can't get it working for the life of me. The only other think I can think of that it may be would be her antivirus software causing an issue. But then again, she had the same software installed and running a week ago and it wasn't an issue.

TIA,
Lorraine

Hi and welcome

Three things come to mind

1- your av/ firewalls. Disable to test

2- your network setup. If you are using "homegroup" it has issues on some systems (especially mixed OS networks). You can test by making a new network connection using "workgroup" instead

3- Your encryption. Run in the clear to testLet us know if you need help with these.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/87918-my-wits-end-windows-unable-connect.html
Relevancy 107.93%

I am aware this a problem that has been addressed multiple time on this forum and others but am unable to come up with a solution from previous posts.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and have been for years.

I have had no problems previously that I was unable to fix.

This morning when starting up my pc I got the error message "Failed to connect to a windows service"

In addition it has defaulted to windows classic theme and I can not re enable Aero.

I looked at the Event log but it is simply beyond my level of understanding how to address the errors. Also all errors shown seem to be relativity longstanding/ recurring.

I have tried all the common suggestions I could find and none have fixed to problem.

Please can you help

Thanks
Will

A:"Failed to connect to a windows service" error message

The link below talks about this problem with various solutions, 4 pages. I have no idea which one might work for you but it may be worth a try.

Failed to Connect to a Windows Service message - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265815-failed-connect-windows-service-error-message.html
Relevancy 107.93%

So my dell laptop has been working fine for over a year now until today, we just changed over our internet/TV/telephone provider and now i get an error message saying "Windows was unable to connect to this network" when i try to connect to our network. My other laptop (which is vista) can connect succesfully no problems, my ps3 can connect succesfully no problem. Pretty much everything else connects fine but my Wind. 7 Laptop lol. It is working fine now with an Ethernet cable connected to the wireless modem gateway. I will provide any information for anyone who has any idea on how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in Advance, Shmister

A:Solved: "Windows was unable to connect to this network" Windows 7

Hi: May we see :
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-this-network-windows-7.1016703/
Relevancy 107.93%

Ok first off I would just like to say that this is my first thread post on with access cant I wifi or point" adapter "Problem to connect wireless this forum so sorry if I have done something wrong or am missing vital information My problem is that I am trying to connect to my college campus's wireless "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi internet I will give more specific details in a bit Basically I was watching YouTube before going to class and shut down my PC before I left I was "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi connected to the internet then and it was working fine When I got back is when I started getting problems I booted up my computer as I usually do but instead of automatically connecting to my school's network it didn't connect at all When I go down to the wifi signal on the bottom right and choose the network and hit connect it fails This is what it reads quot Windows was unable to connect to network name quot I have tried going to Control Panel - gt Network and Internet - gt Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red quot X quot next to them I also tried all of Windows quot troubleshooting problems quot What I don't get is that my phone connects just fine as well as everyone else on campus I'm getting a bit frustrated because I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers and this sort of thing I even custom built my own desktop at home Here are the specs of the laptop I am having trouble with Operating System Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core i - MQ ghz RAM gb Not sure if you need this info but these are all of my quot Network Adapters quot Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Killer e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Please let me know if you need any extra information and I will try and add it as soon as possible Thanks for any and all help - John

A:"Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi

Quote:
Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work. I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red "X" next to them.

Can we get a screen shot? I know what you mean but a pic would be nice.
In the meantime uninstall all the devices from device manager and let windows find them again. (you don't have to remove the driver for now)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343314-problem-wireless-adapter-access-point-i-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 107.5%

First, please forgive me if this is formatted oddly- I am typing this on my Blackberry.

For the past few months, I have been accessing the internet with my laptop's wifi through my neighbor's password-protected network (with his permission). I also sometimes go online using another neighborhood network which does NOT have a security key.

As of today, I can view networks and connect to both of these (as well as others), but I can't get online. I get the "No Internet access" message when I connect to any network.

When I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig /all, I get this for IPv4 address: 192.168.1.9(Preferred) and I cannot successfully ping any ip addresses.

I have rebooted already and renewed my network adaptor. Any other suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you!

A:WIN7: Can connect to networks via WiFI, but get "No Internet Access"

Oh, and when I run the automatic troubleshooter it says, "Your DNS server might be unavailable."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204059-win7-can-connect-networks-via-wifi-but-get-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 107.5%

When i start my to "Failed connect error to Windows a service" computer i get that error in the bottom left i used hijackthis and this is the report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched "Failed to connect to a Windows service" error exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe c Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc P G exe C Program Files x Dxtory Software Dxtory Dxtory exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN Belgi Hotmail Skype nieuws entertainment lifestyle en meer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Google R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN Belgi Hotmail Skype nieuws entertainment lifestyle en meer R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN Belgi Hotmail Skype nieuws entertainment lifestyle en meer R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Rich Media Downloader - A DF F- E A- C - A - BD D ED - C Users Nicolas AppData Local Rich Media Player BrowserExtensions IE RichMediaDownloader dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Network Check Helper - E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll O - BHO Rich Media Player - FEB F -E B - AB - - AC - C Users Nicolas AppData Local Rich Media Player BrowserExtensions IE PluginRichmediaplayer dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui quot C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe quot --auto-start O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run HP Photosmart Plus B series NET quot C Program Files HP HP Photosmart Plus B series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe quot -deviceID quot CN I G T J NW quot -scfn quot HP Photosmart Plus B series NET quot -AutoStart O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe quot minimized regrun O - HKCU Run C C Program Files x Vivox C c exe O - HKCU Run Dxtory Update Checker C Program Files x Dxtory Software Dxtory UpdateChecker exe O - Startup Inktwaarschuwingen controleren - HP Photosmart Plus B series netwerk lnk O - Extra button C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll - - - A - A -B -DCA EEF CD - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck NCLauncherFromIE exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll - - - A - A -B -DCA EEF CD - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck NCLauncherFromIE exe O - Extra button Rich... Read more

A:"Failed to connect to a Windows service" error

Unplug al peripheral or USB devices and retest. This includes things like, printers, flash drives, external hard drives, USB hubs, etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28854-failed-connect-windows-service-error.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi there!
I've been getting this message every time I tried to do an updates;

"Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.” on Windows 7 when checking for updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I've "cleaned" up for some malware or viruses beforehand. So..I don't know why it's still not working.

Thank you in advance

Relevancy 107.5%

I need a network expert I have a laserjet working perfectly on out of windows machines one holdout is the one that just upgraded from windows wherein the printer was working fine The printer physically attaches to a windows quot server quot via usb cable the server is mounted fine I use several folders there for backup images etc all working fine no issues On the Network via Windows Explorer I can quot see quot the printer fine do quot add printer quot force it to locate by browsing the net but when I go to add it I get the same connection error if I try to quot Open quot the printer directly from the network 0x00000006 Error Connect" Printer Windows 10 "cannot map same error Switching from Ethernet to WIFI yields no diff result precisely the same from what I can Windows 10 "cannot Connect" Printer Error 0x00000006 see in frustration I chatted up the win support chatters at Microsoft of them tried to figure out and failed YOU GUYS are smarter than they which is why I m here what shall I try oh BTW I did manually download the driver for it and installed to no avail thx for help z nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/windows-10-cannot-connect-printer-error-0x00000006.307860/
Relevancy 107.07%

I have a new Toshiba Portege. It successfully connects to 2 wifi connections but will not connect to a third (my home). I have other laptops connected successfully to my home network right now. So, the problem is specific to this machine and this network.

When I run an Intel diagnostic tool (Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility) I get a failure at the "association test". [Trying to figure out how to post a screen shot. I'll post it when I do.

Thanks for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 701016 MB, Free - 594414 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, PORTEGE R935
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 107.07%

Hi I am having trouble connecting to the internet while in public places such as a coffeehouse At home in hotels and at the airport I have not run into any problems However recently in three different locations I have attempted to get online using the available public wifi at coffeehouses In each case I was able to connect to the network however I was unable to connect to the internet When I opened the quot Network and Sharing Center quot the first icon was a computer and was labeled quot owner PC quot the second icon was another computer and was labled Primary Using "Cannnot Connect Public DNS" WiFi: to quot identifying quot and there was a red x on the line that would connect me last icon an image of the world which was labled as quot internet quot In Using Public WiFi: "Cannnot Connect to Primary DNS" addition my access was listed as quot local access quot When I tried to resolve the issue I got the dreaded quot cannot connect to primary DNS quot message I spent an hour and a half testing recommendations from this site and others to no avail I also changed my LAN settings to automatically detect One thing that I did notice is that when I connected to the network at each location none of them gave me the option to designate the location as home work or public Any ideas on what may be causing me trouble and what I can do to mitigate I did look at my McAfee settings but did not want to expose myself too much Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Compal F CND K Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Using Public WiFi: "Cannnot Connect to Primary DNS"

Try using Google Public DNS.

Or, OpenDNS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-public-wifi-cannnot-connect-to-primary-dns.961101/
Relevancy 106.64%

About a week and a half ago i turned on my windows to connect "Cannot service error" a computer to be greeted by quot windows quot style graphics and "Cannot connect to a windows service error" an error message saying quot Cannot connect to a windows service quot "Cannot connect to a windows service error" It also said the service it could not connect to is the quot System event notification service quot Since i've been getting this error my computer has been slow to turn on and off and non admins cannot log in I suspect it may be a virus as i have tried to enable the service myself reset the winsock from command prompt and i even saw if it was a third party application that was interfering with it but alas nothing seems to help Even a system restore had no effect So far i've run Spybot search and destroy malwarebytes anti malware avg and eset These programs have found little things such as tracking cookies but nothing major Could anyone help me solve this issue Thanks in advance

A:"Cannot connect to a windows service error"

It was probably referring to the Desktop Windows Manager service if you didn't get the aero styles that you're used to seeing.

Try starting up the service again:
1) Goto start menu, and type in services.msc
2) Hit enter
3) In here find Desktop Windows Manager and start/restart the service.

Otherwise try System File Checker in case dwm.exe was corrupted in anyway.

Enter this command in command prompt console:

Code:
sfc /scannow
Let it finish, and reboot if necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-a-windows-service-error-625910.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi there!
I've been getting this message every time I tried to do an updates;

"Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.? on Windows 7 when checking for updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I've "cleaned" up for some malware or viruses beforehand. So..I don't know why it's still not working.

Thank you in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-update-cannot-connect-error.203116/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hello I'm currently trying to create a bootable Windows disc for future clean installs but because I have now" Windows "We connect download can't right 8.1 error Windows OEM product key i'm getting the following error quot We can't connect right now Check your internet connection and try again quot when trying to download the Windows ISO from Upgrade Windows with only a product key - Microsoft Windows Help After rummaging through some threads Windows 8.1 download error "We can't connect right now" http www eightforums com installat right-now html Activate retail Windows with Windows Product key Make a fresh installation of Windows How to obtain Windows iso with Windows OEM key - Overclockers UK Forums Windows Upgrade from Windows Error quot We can't connect right now Check your Internet connection and try again quot Windows Upgrade assistant quot We can't connect right now quot How to use the Windows Upgrade Assistant Windows Upgrade quot we can't connect right now please check - Microsoft Community Windows -setup exe Error x d We can't connect - Microsoft Community quot We can't connect right now quot Windows download error - Microsoft Community There really hasn't been a solid workaround for those who have an OEM product key Or maybe I'm missing something I also read that the following generic key NH-RXG - THK-C CKG-D VPT has more than likely been blacklisted and this may be the reason i'm receiving the above message Are there any current workarounds I just want to create a simple bootable Windows disc Specs OS Microsoft Windows System Type x OEM Version Build System Manufacturer Model Dell Inspiron

A:Windows 8.1 download error "We can't connect right now"

Originally Posted by Kasv

There really hasn't been a solid workaround for those who have an OEM product key.

You can't download if you only have Windows 8/8.1 OEM product key.

edit:

How to download and clean install Windows 8.1 if you have an OEM computer with UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8/8.1 product key. -> link

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39952-windows-8-1-download-error-we-cant-connect-right-now.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Each time I try the Windows 8 upgrade assistant I get the following error: "We can't connect right now...Check your Internet connection and try again". Apparently, a number of people are having this issue

Steps to try and solve:

Disabled AV and Firewall both software and the router firewall. Checked to make sure date/time was correct. Went to a different location so the IP address would be different. Tried LAN connection. Tried on 3 different machines, both 32 bit and 64 bit. My key is a 64 bit key. At each machine, the key passes the check. But, I always have the same error. After each failed attempt, I deleted the folder: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebSetup\Panther" where the upgrade assistant stores info about previous attempts.

I wish Microsoft would release the ISO links like they did for Win 7

A:Windows 8 upgrade error:"We can't connect right now..."

Try the link in your email.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/30832-windows-8-upgrade-error-we-cant-connect-right-now.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I read a bunch of previous threads on this but none really fit my problem A long story here but for the time being I am having to use my mobile data connection for internet access When I try to connect to the USB tethering I have to go in to the adapter settings and enable and disable and re-enable the adapter about times before it recognizes the USB When trying to connect to a wifi it's click connect on the phone connection which shows up fine wait until it says not connected and click connect again about or times Using either the USB or wifi it mobile "connect Another wifi" to question will connect eventually I have tried different phones and it's the same thing on all three So I would think the problem is Another "connect to mobile wifi" question in my The last time my internet went out and I tried to use the mobile wifi which I've had saved on my pc for over a year all I had to do was turn the phone hotspot on and the pc Another "connect to mobile wifi" question connected immediately within to seconds now it's taking almost minutes every time no matter which type connection I use I have made sure every thing on the pc and the phones are updated What I don't understand is I connected one time and it worked perfect just like any other connection then the next time it wouldn't It's either a hardware or software problem I have tried to make sure both are working correctly and as far as I can find the pc is showing no problems Any ideas what could be going on here or what I might try Thanks Robby

A:Another "connect to mobile wifi" question

Might help to know specs like computer/adapter/wifi router/phone, etc.

Have you run the troubleshooter when connected?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65913-another-connect-mobile-wifi-question.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I have used several different programs lately that whenever they try to validate my information from the web, I get an error that the program is "unable to connect to remote server." I removed my anti-virus software and disabled windows firewall, but nothing seems to work. Internet Explorer and Firefox seem to work just fine. The other weird things is that these programs work just fine when I use them on my laptop which is connected to the same router. Thus, the router is not the problem. Since I have the same problem with multiple programs, I'm assuming that there must be something wrong with my windows network settings. I am running Windows XP

Any ideas of what fixes I can try?

A:Solved: "unable to connect to remote server" on multiple applications

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-remote-server-on-multiple-applications.972988/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have Comcast cable internet in Atlanta and use a Motorola SB modem and a Linksys wireless router The wireless network has been up and running for over a year and I have never had any problems with it and I have never made any changes to it after the initial setup I connect network. to connection wireless Unable "Internet slow." too is to connect to the wireless network using two smart phones and an Apple laptop I live in an apartment so the signal strength is always high and I am Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." never more than one room away from Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow." the wireless router It was working fine one night like always and then in the morning I was unable to connect to the wireless network I can still access the internet via wired ethernet cable so I know the internet is online and it is downloading at full speed I can access the internet via wired connection directly from the modem to the computer I can also access the internet via wired connection from the modem to the router to the computer Comcast shows no problems with the connection on their end I have purchased all new ethernet cables so I know the cables aren t the problem so I figured the wireless router might have a problem I bought a new wireless router Apple Airport Express and created a new wireless network I can see the network name is available and it has full signal strength with WPA encryption just like it had always been with the old router When I try to connect from my phone or laptop it will say quot Unable to obtain IP address quot and quot Network disabled because the internet connection is slow quot I can t connect to the wireless network from any of my devices but all of my devices are able to connect to any other wireless network This has been going on for about four days now The router is in an open area and is not near any other devices or cables other than what is required I am sure that the encryption type is correct and my password is correct My laptop shows that the internet connection from the modem is quot green quot and the Airport Express has created a wireless network that is quot green quot so everything is online I consider myself smarter than the average user so I have made sure that all the network settings are correct DHCP WPA encryption Process of elimination tells me that the only thing that could be the problem now is the modem Is there something I am missing Do I really need to try buying a new modem or could it be a problem with Comcast Why would it work fine for so long and now I can t connect to the wireless network from any device even after replacing the ethernet cables and the wireless router Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to connect to wireless network. "Internet connection is too slow."

if the router is working with a cable connection, then its unlikely to be the modem , unless thats also a router and you are using it for DHCP

you say the modem is connected by cable to the router
and any device connected to the router by cable works perfectly - is that correct

on the old router - have you removed the wireless security and see if you can connect ?

carried out a full power cycle - see below

also it would be worth making a note of the router configuration and do a factory reset on the router and re setup and try again

with a PC connected by a cable direct to the modem can we see an ipconfig /all
now do a power cycle and connect the router
with a PC connected by a cable direct to the router can we see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-internet-connection-is-too-slow.1124863/
Relevancy 105.35%

Recently my laptop has been unable to connect to my home s wireless network The router is Linksys WRT G Results of ipconfig all Comments in parentheses are mine Windows IP Configuration Host Name long name--don t want to type it here Primary Dns Suffix blank space Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address address here Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL M Network--Unable Can't to Solved: Connect Wirelessly Find "Repair" or Wireless LAN Network Adapter Physical Address address here When I try to quot repair Solved: Can't Connect Wirelessly or Find Network--Unable to "Repair" quot the wireless network connection I get an error message that it is unable to connect to a network even though the wireless network in question is well within range and accessible from all other computers I can t even see my wireless network in the list of available networks What is going on I would appreciate any help nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Connect Wirelessly or Find Network--Unable to "Repair"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-wirelessly-or-find-network-unable-to-repair.793115/
Relevancy 105.35%

Any idea what this means for Bluestacks users Laptop works fine but I get THIS gamemanager log file output on main rig from an "unable in localhost ping/runex connect" infinite to Bluestacks endless load loop - - BlueStacks Opened log file - - BlueStacks INFO Using event Global BlueStacks LogRotate gamemanager infinite localhost ping/runex "unable to connect" in Bluestacks for log rotation - - BlueStacks INFO Starting GameManager PID - - BlueStacks INFO GameManager CLR version - - BlueStacks ERROR Can't get the process - - BlueStacks INFO Unable to retrieve information about invoking process - - BlueStacks INFO localized strings file path D Android AppPlayer Bluestacks Locales i n en-US txt - - BlueStacks INFO Successfully populated English strings - - BlueStacks INFO if update available for install - - BlueStacks INFO Forced value - - - BlueStacks INFO No Forced Update Available - - BlueStacks INFO pkg name - - BlueStacks INFO activity - - BlueStacks INFO the installdir path is bluestacks local x - - BlueStacks INFO the value of gmconfipath is Software BlueStacks BlueStacksGameManager - - BlueStacks INFO In Utils GetDPI - - BlueStacks INFO DPI - - BlueStacks INFO screenWidth screenHeight - - BlueStacks INFO sFrontendWidth sFrontendHeight - - BlueStacks INFO Parent style Em - - BlueStacks INFO Theme style Default - - BlueStacks INFO Current Dir cfg path bluestacks cfg file output - - BlueStacks INFO Loading Oem Settings from D Android AppPlayer Bluestacks Oem cfg - - BlueStacks INFO Game ManagerSize x - - BlueStacks INFO TimelineStats Initalizing - - BlueStacks INFO In Utils GetDPI - - BlueStacks INFO DPI - - BlueStacks INFO In Utils GetDPI - - BlueStacks INFO DPI - - BlueStacks INFO GM Location x - - BlueStacks INFO ToggleDisabledAppListFileUrl bluestacks applist server ToggleDisabledAppListLocation disabled app list cfg file path - - BlueStacks INFO GM HandleResizeEvent this width this Height - - BlueStacks INFO GameManager server listening on port - - BlueStacks INFO Will send command to setgamemanageraddr - - BlueStacks INFO Sending request to game manager address - - BlueStacks INFO url game manager address - - BlueStacks INFO GM HandleResizeEvent this width this Height - - BlueStacks INFO url localhost ping - - BlueStacks INFO Sending RunApp for vm calling Android - - BlueStacks INFO Utils Starting hidden Frontend - - BlueStacks INFO Creating web tab for Welcome - - BlueStacks INFO Guest not booted yet Unable to connect to the remote server - - BlueStacks INFO Live build detected Supressing js warnings - - BlueStacks INFO Creating app tab for name Android package com bluestacks gamepophome activity Main - - BlueStacks INFO PerformTabAction name bluestacks main activity Main - - BlueStacks INFO mRunAppRequestPending True launchApp False showFrontend False - - BlueStacks INFO bluestacks main HideFrontend - - BlueStacks INFO Setting Up ProgressBar Control - - BlueStacks INFO Setting Up Progress Bar Control - - BlueStacks INFO mAppDisplayed False - - BlueStacks INFO Launching twitch tv silently - - BlueStacks INFO openTwitchWindow Value - - BlueStacks INFO opening hidden twitch window - - BlueStacks INFO StreamWindow url bluestacks uplink null call - - BlueStacks INFO Stream Window Default Params - - BlueStacks INFO Location - - BlueStacks INFO Size x ChromeHeight - - BlueStacks INFO Live build detected Supressing js warnings - - BlueStacks INFO using zoom - - BlueStacks INFO Sending Btv Funnel Stats to bluestacks funnel stats - - BlueStacks INFO url bluestacks funnel stats path - - BlueStacks INFO StreamWindow HandleResizeEvent this width this Height this Location x - - BlueStacks INFO StreamWindow HandleResizeEvent this width this Height this Location x - - BlueStacks INFO HandleActivatedEvent - - BlueStacks INFO Sent Btv Funnel Stats - - BlueStacks INFO heightToPoint - - BlueStacks INFO Rectangle height - - BlueStacks INFO url local ping - - BlueStacks INFO HandleDeactivateEvent - - BlueStacks INFO Han... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61598-infinite-localhost-ping-runex-unable-connect-bluestacks.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi guys and gals i live in a student house and we have a wireless network but my laptop can t connect to it the lan works fine on my laptop and my laptop can connect to a few of our neighbours unsecured networks other laptops in the house have no problem connecting to our wireless but my laptop wont i opened a command prompt and did ipconfig release then ipconfig renew and this message came up An my "unable to DHCP contact can't wireless to connect - server" your error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out when i try to connect to it in the list of available wireless networks it acquires network address for a while then says limited or no connectivity i click repair and it says quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address For assistance contact the person who manages your network quot and im the most computer literate person we ve got nbsp

A:can't connect to my wireless - "unable to contact your DHCP server"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wireless-unable-to-contact-your-dhcp-server.621390/
Relevancy 104.92%

I have been trying to get my Linksys wireless network adapter to work but it keeps saying that the connection is Limited or no connectivity Now when I am trying to renew the ip through cmd it says can t connect to my wireless - quot unable to contact your DHCP server quot After I typed ipconfig all this is what comes up WIndows IP Configuration Host Name icarangal-desk Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Description Intel lt R gt "unable to connect contact to DHCP - server" can't wireless my your V Network Connection Physical Address - -F - - - E Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter Physical Address - D- E-A - - E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway My internet used to work then it started acting up which eventually led to me having to get my CPU reformatted Now that I got the CPU back the internet is once again acting up but this time I cannot get it to work Can someone please help me out nbsp

A:can't connect to my wireless - "unable to contact your DHCP server"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wireless-unable-to-contact-your-dhcp-server.885320/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi My daughter got a virus on her laptop and after getting rid of it I think all the way it s hard to tell until I can update the anti-virus software I can no longer connect her laptop to the internet I have had a problem in the past with having to reboot the server and all the computers in order for the computers all of them in the house to register new ip addresses Normally if I have one computer that refuses to connect even after a reboot of the entire system I can connect it thru LAN and it bang fixes itself However this time it is not working Not only will her wireless not connect but neither will the LAN I have opened the cmd prompt and done an ipconfig release and ipconfig renew Every time I do this I get the message quot An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out internet to DHCP Can't server" connect your "unable - contact to quot I tried the quot netsh int ip reset resetlog txt quot and it seemed to work fine Can't connect to internet - "unable to contact your DHCP server" I also tried the quot netsh winsock reset quot and it seemed to work fine as well I rebooted each time I attempted a fix Still I am unable to connect to the internet It says it is connecting locally but will not connect to the actual internet When I use the repair option it gives me the same messages over and over that do not work It always leads back to the IP address Here are the specs on her computer and as much information as I can think of Please let me know what else I can try to get her computer back up and running without having to use her restart disks and lose all her work AT amp T Uverse Texas USA AT amp T Uverse Wire HGV-B Gateway Wired amp Wireless WPA-TKIP Atheros AR a g n WiFi Adapter HP G Notebook PC AMD Turion Dual-Core RM- GHz GB RAM bit OS Windows Vista Home Premium SP Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Autumn gt cd c c gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name AutumnsLaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR a g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - D- B-CC-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd b ac beaf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CD - E - - C- A B F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes c gt If I ve forgotten anything let me know Thank you so much for your help in advance Dawn nbsp

A:Can't connect to internet - "unable to contact your DHCP server"

Could be a non-Windows firewall messed up. Not sure if you did all or just some of ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-unable-to-contact-your-dhcp-server.808526/
Relevancy 104.49%

Let me start off by saying I have "Unable to connect to proxy Chrome server" tried all the basic steps to clear this problem but I still am unable to use Chrome However IE and FireFox work just fine The common method of going into Internet Properties gt Connections gt LAN Settings gt unchecking the Use a proxy server for your LAN does not work for me Alternately I ran several malware removal tools but I still stand at the same place After searching a little more I found an article on this forum http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -yet-another-unable-connect-proxy html I am facing the exact same issues as mentioned by Larrylowtech in the post So I have followed all the steps mentioned by dvk Derek in the mentioned post Here is the list of procedures I followed Scanned with ADWCleaner Scanned with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Here is the log from FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Rishab administrator on GEEK - - Running from C Users Rishab Downloads Loaded Profiles Rishab amp Available Profiles Chrome "Unable to connect to proxy server" Rishab Platform Windows Single Language X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Archon Systems Inc C Program Files inFlow Inventory inFlow Server WindowsServices exe Archon Systems Inc C Program Files inFlow Inventory inFlow Server WindowsServices exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System alg exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW wbem WmiPrvSE exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL INFLOWSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RTHDVCPL gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM-x Run BtTray gt C Program Files x Ralink Corporation Ralink Bluetooth Stack BtTray exe - - IVT Corporation HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run AccelerometerSysTrayApplet gt C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP D DriveGuard AccelerometerST exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run BlueStacks Agent gt C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Agent exe - - BlueStack Systems Inc HKLM-x Run SDTray gt C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe - - Safer-Networking Ltd HKLM-x Run HPMessageService gt C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP System Event HPMSGSVC exe - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P Winlogon Notify SDWinLogon-x SDWinLogon dll X HKU S- - - - - - - Run GoogleDriveSync gt C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU S- - - - - - - Run wben gt C Users Rishab AppData Local Workspace wben exe - - Starfield Technologies LLC HKU S- - - - - - - Run Workspace Status gt C Users Rishab AppDat... Read more

A:Chrome "Unable to connect to proxy server"

Here is the log from Addition.txt:

Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version:02-08-2015
Ran by Rishab (2015-08-02 13:33:42)
Running from C:\Users\Rishab\Downloads
Boot Mode: Normal
==========================================================
==================== Accounts: =============================

Administrator (S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-500 - Administrator - Disabled)
Guest (S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-501 - Limited - Disabled)
HomeGroupUser$ (S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-1006 - Limited - Enabled)
Rishab (S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-1002 - Administrator - Enabled) => C:\Users\Rishab

==================== Security Center ========================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, it will be removed.)

AV: Windows Defender (Enabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
AS: Windows Defender (Enabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
AS: Spybot - Search and Destroy (Disabled - Out of date) {9BC38DF1-3CCA-732D-A930-C1CA5F20A4B0}

==================== Installed Programs ======================

(Only the adware programs with "hidden" flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them. The adware programs should be uninstalled manually.)

µTorrent (HKU\S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-1002\...\uTorrent) (Version: 3.4.3.40760 - BitTorrent Inc.)
µTorrent (HKU\S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\...\uTorrent) (Version: 3.4.3.40760 - BitTorrent Inc.)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (HKLM-x32\...\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}) (Version: 15.007.20033 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 18.0.0.209 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Photoshop CS3 (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe_2ac78060bc5856b0c1cf873bb919b58) (Version: 10.0 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6 (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Shockwave Player) (Version: 11.6.6.636 - Adobe Systems, Inc.)
AMD Catalyst Install Manager (HKLM\...\{F436F474-EBF3-3A9C-AA11-6CBB36FED296}) (Version: 8.0.911.0 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
Angry IP Scanner (HKLM-x32\...\Angry IP Scanner) (Version: 3.2.3 - Angry IP Scanner)
Aoao Video Watermark Pro (HKU\S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-1002\...\AoaoVideoWatermarkPro) (Version: - WonderFox Soft, Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
Aoao Video Watermark Pro (HKU\S-1-5-21-2183032881-901285630-345384057-1002-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\...\AoaoVideoWatermarkPro) (Version: - WonderFox Soft, Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
ASIO4ALL (HKLM-x32\...\ASIO4ALL) (Version: 2.10 - Michael Tippach)
Audacity 2.0.5 (HKLM-x32\...\Audacity_is1) (Version: 2.0.5 - Audacity Team)
Basic Inventory Control (HKLM-x32\...\Basic Inventory Control) (Version: - )
BlueStacks App Player (HKLM-x32\...\BlueStacks App Player) (Version: 0.8.10.3602 - BlueStack Systems, Inc.)
BlueStacks Notification Center (HKLM-x32\...\{19B593DE-3900-46EA-A7C9-0D68DEA9472C}) (Version: 0.8.10.3602 - BlueStack Systems, Inc.)
Bonjour (HKLM\...\{6E3610B2-430D-4EB0-81E3-2B57E8B9DE8D}) (Version: 3.0.0.10 - Apple Inc.)
Chrysanth Diary [Free] (HKLM-x32\...\AC970D9B-E5C8-44D8-910B-D763DDF6D32A_is1) (Version: 5.3 - Chrysanth Software Sdn. Bhd.)
ClipGrab 3.4.9 (HKLM-x32\...\{8A1033B0-EF33-4FB5-97A1-C47A7DCDD7E6}_is1) (Version: - Philipp Schmieder Medien)
CommandFusion guiDesigner v2.7.1.124 (HKLM-x32\...\CommandFusion guiDesigner_is1) (Version: 2.7.1.124 - CommandFusion)
Counter-Strike Global Offensive version 1.34.7.2 (HKLM\...\{BD051FE3-1575-4CD6-81ED-E905FA94720B}_is1) (Version: 1.34.7.2 - Strogino CS Portal)
Cross 3.0.1 (HKLM-x32\...\MixVibes Cross 3.0.1) (Version: 3.0.1 - MixVibes)
Cyberduck 4.6.1 (16121) (HKLM-x32\...\Cyberduck) (Version: 4.6.1 (16121) - )
D3DX10 (x32 Version: 15.4.2368.0902 - Microsoft) Hidden
DJUCED 18° (HKLM-x32\...\{34F730A3-77BA-4741-A02A-D40762FEF274}) (Version: 1.0.84 - Guillemot)
Dropbox (HKU\S-1-5-21-2183032881-90128563... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chrome-unable-to-connect-to-proxy-server.1152730/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello,

About three weeks ago, I built a desktop PC and it ran fine for about a week and a half, but then it would sometimes not start and go into "startup repair", which never succeeded in actually finding a solution. The cause of this was a blue screen error which reported the following:

STOP: c000021a
The Windows Subsystem System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x
The system has been shut down.

This would occur perhaps a third of the time after powering the system on. In order to try and stop this, I opened Windows with "last known good configuration". The computer now does not find any internet connections, even though it is connected via ethernet as before.

How can I fix this issue? Any help is appreciated.

(I do not know if the startup repair issue is fixed, either)

A:Unable to connect to internet following use of "last known good configuration"

Hi and welcome to TSF please check in device manager for any error flags and also try running sfc /scannow SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-internet-following-use-of-last-known-good-configuration-667853.html
Relevancy 104.49%

This just started. Other symptoms:
Disk Manager: "unable to connect to virtual disk service"
Internet: "Connection Status Unknown, not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
Speakers: "The audio service is not running"
Quick Launch Toolbar: Cannot start Windows Explorer, but other apps ok.

Internet is up and running fine, can still get email and visit web pages.

Yesterday, tried to run VS C# Express for the first time, and could not open a project without getting a error message. So, I ran the following script usin subbinacl:
cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

What's happening?

A:"unable to connect to virtual disk service"

Originally Posted by AwileyDog

This just started. Other symptoms:
Disk Manager: "unable to connect to virtual disk service"
Internet: "Connection Status Unknown, not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
Speakers: "The audio service is not running"
Quick Launch Toolbar: Cannot start Windows Explorer, but other apps ok.

Internet is up and running fine, can still get email and visit web pages.

Yesterday, tried to run VS C# Express for the first time, and could not open a project without getting a error message. So, I ran the following script usin subbinacl:
cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

What's happening?

You have a backup we can restore from? if not try a system file check start>search>cmd>right click run as admin>sfc /scannow

let us know the results

kwn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251307-unable-connect-virtual-disk-service.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Thank you in advance for your generous patient help Starting several days ago Chrome stopped working I can open Chrome but get the error every time I try to click a link I did check my proxy settings and they are unchecked and I did not need to deselect it I have run Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and am clean I read many of the previous posts here on this issue and did not find a solution There are several other strange issues that may or may not be related I ll add them just in case In IE I am getting a lot of popups about certificates In Gmail it started opening links in new windows I have always opened in tabs I think I may have that fixed problem the Yet another "Unable to proxy connect to server" But links open very slowly Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AC Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Yet another "Unable to connect to the proxy server" problem

Some additional information.

In Gmail, when I click a link, a popup blocker shows up (IE).

Sometimes, closing and re-opening the browser fixes it for a short bit.

Also, Iwhen I close IE, I no longer get a warning about closing all tabs.

Thanks, again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yet-another-unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server-problem.1151568/
Relevancy 104.06%

In Control Panel Network and Internet WiFi Network Won't "Connect" Network Connections there quot WiFi quot is 'not connected' with a big WiFi Network Won't "Connect" red X When I right click on that icon a menu comes up saying Disable nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WiFi Network Won't "Connect" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WiFi Network Won't "Connect" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Connect Disconnect in bold letters nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Status nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Diagnose etc Disable works and then so does Enable but 'Connect' does absolutely nothing nbsp Please help me re-connect this Qualcomm Atheros adapter

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57c3d549-328c-48b4-82d6-3f6524f00d4e/wifi-network-wont-quotconnectquot?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 103.63%

Using Explorer 6.0. Click on "search button" from
toolbar and will get left side open with assistant. Type
in question and receive message "Unable to connect. The
web site is currently unavailable or the connection to
the Internet has been lost. Make sure you are connected
to the Internet and try again." But, I am connected.

This does not happen all the time. But most of the time. I can use the "Classic Search" no problem. But I would like to use the "search companion".

I have tried deleting all the temporary internet files, objects, history, and cookies.

I am running Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 xpsp1.020828-1920
Update versions: Q328970; Q324929

Thanks for any Help!
Greg

Relevancy 103.63%

Windows Vista
HP Pavillion dv6000
AMD Turion 64 x2
3 ram

I am having problems click on clicking "Connect to a Network" My internet works fine both wireless and LAN. My laptop does have a switch to switch wireless on/off.

The little connection icon in the lower right hand corner next to the clock will not let me click on "Connect to a Network" I can click on the one below it "Networking and Sharing Center" and it opens fine.

The only way to fix this problem is to System Restore, but after time I have to constantly do this.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

A:Unable to click "Connect to a Network"

That screen looks to me like you are on the LAN. If so, there would be no choice while connected via hardwire to "connect to a network". Is this what you are trying to do - be on the LAN then select a network for WLAN at the same time?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-click-connect-to-a-network-385603.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Sorry but I ve run into this problem before I just don t remember how to fix it The system is a cobbled-together Celeron MB SDRAM HDDs total about GB GB running the OS x x x Yamaha CD Burner nVidia GeForce MX WinXP Pro SP desktop I just installed SP from "unable to says XPSP2 PC connect" quickly the M CD they XPSP2 PC quickly says "unable to connect" put out and now the system runs much better than before but The problem is that when you try to get on the internet dialup it will say dialing for a second or two then say quot unable to establish connection quot No modem sounds are made and I m certain that this is a WinXP problem and not a hardware one This XPSP2 PC quickly says "unable to connect" may or may not be related but the dialup account is inaccessible from another administrator account and if you try to create a dialup connection in that account it errors out at the last step when you click Finish A little more fill-in the system is owned by a semi-geek not me who has put a few utilities on the system that I haven t heard of but all of which appear legit My question is how do you get the connection to work again and if an update is needed how would you use Windows Catalog or whatever to get that update nbsp

A:XPSP2 PC quickly says "unable to connect"

WinSock XP Fix

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xpsp2-pc-quickly-says-unable-to-connect.466381/
Relevancy 103.63%

I am using a Wireless "unable Connect" to access Netgear wireless router on a secured home network Connected to the network are a Windows XP desktop via ethernet cable a Windows desktop via wireless also connected to the router via ethernet cable a Windows Vista Laptop via wireless a Windows laptop via wireless Windows XP laptops and a Windowsan IPAD via wireless and an all-in-one printer via wireless This should not be too many computers or devices per other posts I ve read We frequently find that one or more of the computers will not connect to the network All are using the proper network name and password By rebooting the wireless router the quot shunned quot device will connect but then other Wireless access "unable to Connect" devices cannot The symptoms are like there are too many devices but other Wireless access "unable to Connect" posts indicate that the number of devices can easily exceed though network speed decreases with each added device I have only eight devices max and usually only six are connected We are unable to determine why we get this quot rotating quot error message of quot unable to connect quot Suggestions Could it be a router problem that is causing an artificial max number of devices issue nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

Greetings no ping to "Unable certain Connect" to sites, im "Unable to Connect" to certain sites, no ping totally clueless what to do My computer cannot access certain websites I have no problem with most but certain sites i get quot Unable to connect quot I ve read others have this problem but the solutions offered have not been fruitful to me It s not the browser since i can t access these sites on Firefox or IE It s not the router or modem I have a laptop and I CAN access these sites with it I don t have this issue with my laptop It s not firewall i ve disabled and still nothing I ve pinged and tracert my school s website www bhsu edu I get quot Destination host unreachable quot When i ping and tracert using http in front of www i e http www bbc com news i get quot Request timed out quot It s not Malware i ve run everything there s nothing there I "Unable to Connect" to certain sites, no ping have flushed DNS and renewed but still nothing I ve used a proxy website network-tools com and quot timed out quot I "Unable to Connect" to certain sites, no ping don t know what else to do Can someone help Please I m at a total lost I m very clueless so if there is something you recommend i do please literally spell it out Thank you in advance AK nbsp

A:"Unable to Connect" to certain sites, no ping

Why all those links to your identical thread on Major Geeks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-certain-sites-no-ping.1099355/
Relevancy 103.63%

I have a Windows Server 2003 domain controller and a bunch of Windows 2000 clients.

All of the Win2k clients have "access denied, unable to connect" for the status of their network printers. This holds true for both admin and regular accounts. I've read that I have to make a registry change to the "restrictAnonymous" key.

I made this change yet the policy it corresponds to still has "not defined" as its value under "Default Domain Controller Policy" settings.

Shouldn't the policy be effected when making a registry change? Am I looking at the right policies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-unable-to-connect.351589/
Relevancy 103.63%

Was just going around playing my regular game of dota when the wifi on my desktop just died on me.

Haven't been able to figure out the issue until today. Wifi works fine on all other devices even laptops.

Im also able to tether my iphone to my desktop so i don't know where does the problem lie.

I've tried rebooting everything, even tried a system reset and also trying out different drivers but im still stuck with unable to connect to network

Somebody save me pls
Im using an asus pce-68 wireless card, has worked fine for a year already but the wifi just died on my desktop suddenly

A:Suddenly "unable to connect to network"

can we see an ipconfig /all please
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC
You will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
If you do not have another PC
Do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries​
For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy​Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-unable-to-connect-to-network.1168355/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello, I'm interested in the following:

Connecting "Desktop" to other partition than Windows "C:", so if I drop files on DSKT for easy reuse and availability, they copy on, f.e., "D:" or other partition.

Any way to achieve this?

Thank you.

A:Connect "Desktop" to other partition than Windows "C:"?

I just go to the other partition or HDD, right-click the drive letter/icon and drag to the desktop choosing Create shortcut here. That works but it probably would be better to do the same with a Folder on the other drive. Dropping a file on the icon should copy or save it there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356403-connect-desktop-other-partition-than-windows-c.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello I just recently brought home a new laptop I ve been having problems with newer laptops connecting to my wireless network however my old Compaq running Window s has no issue connecting to the wireless network My router is "Unable to linksys-g" to connect a LinksysWRT AG There is no security on it as of this moment I ve had my friend over with his laptop and neither of us are able to connect with either of our laptops yet the old Compaq still has no issue I ve taken this laptop over to his house he even has WEP protection on his router and we have no problem connecting both of our laptops to his wireless network I ve had this problem before with a laptop like this and a router like mine worked one day and not the next with the same problem as the one I have here at home Is there anyway I can easily fix this Thanks a lot "Unable to connect to linksys-g" Xrmaddness nbsp

A:"Unable to connect to linksys-g"

Welcome to TSG.
Here are some basic things to check and do when setting up a home network.
Operating system and level?
ISP?(cable/dsl?)

Tips on setting up broadband connection, courtesy of Johnwill

You don't need any setup disk to configure a broadband router.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
• Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
• Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
• Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
• Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
• Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
• Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

And this:

Network check list .

Network check list courtesy of Johnwill and Terrynet of the Networking Forum

Here's a networking debug checklist.

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt for the following commands.

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

For Vista,type in CMD in the Search box after Start.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
&#8226; Computer Browser
&#8226; DHCP Client
&#8226; DNS Client
&#8226; Network Connections
&#8226; Network Location Awareness
&#8226; Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
&#8226; Server
&#8226; TCP/IP Netbios helper
&#8226; Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-linksys-g.829204/
Relevancy 101.48%

hey guys i'm writing this on firefox on the same system so i know i'm connect to the internet when i quot PING quot google com i get quot request timed out quot x log is attached as PROBLEM...IE7 other connect & connect" can't Internet too "can't ADVANCED programs well as here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui ADVANCED PROBLEM...IE7 "can't connect" & other programs can't connect Internet too exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe P Flashget flashget exe P Pidgin pidgin exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe h Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - P Flashget jccatch dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - P Flashget getflash dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Flashget quot P Flashget FlashGet exe quot min O - HKCU Run Pidgin P Pidgin pidgin exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE'... Read more

A:ADVANCED PROBLEM...IE7 "can't connect" & other programs can't connect Internet too

anybody got any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/advanced-problem-ie7-cant-connect-and-other-programs-cant-connect-internet-too-220295.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a wireless network, and I restored my computer. I finally got my card's correct drivers installed and everything, and it worked before because I went to "manually connect to wireless networks" but that option is no longer there! What?? how do i get it back? I know how to get there, but it isn't there!

A:Help! Don't see "Manually Connect to Wireless Network" and can't connect to my router

Are you using the "classic" start menu. If so, the "connect to" option disappears.

Use the standard startup menu and click "connect to"

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dont-see-manually-connect-to-wireless-network-and-cant-connect-to-my-router.742653/
Relevancy 99.76%

i cant connect to the enternet or lan on my desktop. when i type in
the ipconfig /renew then it say unable to connect to the dhcp server.
can i get some help plz im not that pro in networking.

A:cant connect to the network "a dhcp error" not wireless and no router

You have to tell us what network you are connecting to so you can get help. No info = no help.

You could start by describing physically how your computer connects to the lan and then the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-network-a-dhcp-error-not-wireless-and-no-router.707104/
Relevancy 99.76%

So, my wireless adapter suddenly didn't want to show my router. No big deal, I can just connect manually. But when I tried...
I don't get it. What happened?

Model: Acer Extensa 4620Z
Processor: Intel (R) Premium (R) Dual CPU T2390 @1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz
RAM: 3GB
Network Adapter: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter

A:"An unexpected error occured" While attempting to connect manually

Originally Posted by ThisIsU

So, my wireless adapter suddenly didn't want to show my router. No big deal, I can just connect manually. But when I tried...

I don't get it. What happened?

Model: Acer Extensa 4620Z
Processor: Intel (R) Premium (R) Dual CPU T2390 @1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz
RAM: 3GB
Network Adapter: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter

Driver issue? Are there any new drivers for your wifi adapter? Did rebooting fix the problem?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/260718-unexpected-error-occured-while-attempting-connect-manually.html
Relevancy 99.33%

When trying to connect to a hyperlink. I use to be able to use the link with no problem--what can I do to fix this?

A:Getting a "Can't connect to MySQL server" error message

Any ideas????? Or suggestions for another board that could give an answer??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/getting-a-cant-connect-to-mysql-server-error-message-58949.html
Relevancy 99.33%

"Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock provider catalog on this
computer. This catalog allows programs to communicate with this computer
across the network. Would you like Windows to reset the catalog to the
default configuration? This computer might need to be restarted to restore
network connectivity."

'Yes' to reset default config. Message to restart.
Restarted.
but the same error and i cannot browse the internet

Relevancy 98.9%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,
I've got a lot of ongoing problems with my computer.. Something that has been bugging me is the difference in operations between regular operating mode and safe mode.. This particular situation has to do with AOL instant messenger 6.1. When the computer is running in safe mode, AIM starts and works perfectly, no problems whatsoever. When operating in normal running mode however, when I try to sign on I get a message from the AIM program that says "A connect error occured". The rest of the internet works fine, all websites load and function properly.. My old version of AIM 5.9 signs on and works perfectly.. However, the new AIM 6.1 refuses to sign on.. What is going on here?

Relevancy 98.04%

I searched the forum for tutorials on how to change these two icons (see pictures),
but couldn't find any, so if anyone have the reg key location for the icons please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

A:Change Start Menu "Run" & "Connect to" icons

What are you trying to do? Its hard to find tuts from pics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/112425-change-start-menu-run-connect-icons.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I get a server error every time I try to connect to one particular website - www.vcdquality.com (all other websites can be accessed OK).
I have 2 other computers connected through the same ethernet router that allow me to access this website with no problem.
It almost seems that this one website is being blocked on one computer somehow. Do I need to reconfigure my browser or what ( XP Pro and current IE)?
Can anyone suggest a solution, would be much appreciated, thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-server-error.39824/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello Everyone !
I was trying to download Windows 8 pro ISO from microsoft using product key only(I have a genuine product key for Windows 8 pro 64 bit retail version), then, I got into ERROR "per block repair retry limit exeeded,file is corrupt" I tried some solution and then, another Error occured(We Can't Connect Right Now, please check your internet connection ) which really have me beat. I tried different solutions such as netsh winhttp proxy source=ie , or disabling windows firewall(I haven't installed any Antivirus yet), installing all windows updates, through Lan wire But this Error still doesn't go away. I don't like illegal copies or ways because I love genuine things(gives me peace of soul ).
If you can suggest Any solution,I would be very grateful.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/38753-win-8-download-error-we-cant-connect-right-now.html
Relevancy 95.89%

There is a small circle above the internet access icon when I first open Microsoft Edge or when I first turn on the computer. I am connected to the internet but I can't access outlook or some things on the task bar or the desktop.

A:Has anyone gotten the message "Windows couldn't connect to group policy service"?

Do you have smart screen turned on?Are you using a firewall?
Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/427620-has-anyone-gotten-message-windows-couldnt-connect-group-policy-service.html
Relevancy 95.89%

This error pops up everytime boot start-up I've tried everything for the last month nbsp including http support x64 Windows Connect Service" to Policy Client Failed "Group 7 microsoft com kb In the quot Resolution Section quot did step by step Failed to Connect "Group Policy Client Service" Windows 7 x64 But did not work for me Also http blogs technet com b mempson archive userenvlog-for-windows-vista- -win aspx nbsp Didn't work either nbsp Is this a Winlogin problem Or does have to do with other computers in my homegroup But in Safe Mode amp Safe Mode with Networking this issue does Not appear pop-up at start up quot Group Policy Client Service quot quot quot HP Premium Remote Services quot quot tells me that in order to fix I have to Re-Install Windows And have been in contact today with Hp Premium Remote Services for over hours with NO Resolution Hate to make a Recovery Partition on a New PC in order to Re-Install Windows This is a Brand New HP Pavilion HPE H - AMD Processor nbsp that I installed on Running windows -bit home premium OS Internet Explorer Have a copy of Windows Ultimate using Anytime Upgrade My question is would that rectify the quot Group Policy Client Service quot error Always run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Hitman Pro in addition with Norton on a regular basis So that I know my system is clean Any MS Engineers or Tech's have any ideas suggestions OR help How to Fix this issue With-Out having to use System Recovery Restore To factory condition Would be Very Greatly Appreciated HELP Me Pleeeze nbsp Because this issue Baogles my Mind After all I'am only dealing with half a Brain LOL- nbsp Due to nbsp Brain Tumor Surgery

A:Failed to Connect "Group Policy Client Service" Windows 7 x64

Hi,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

You may refer to this.<o:p></o:p>
http://www.pljdesigns.co.uk/blog/2010/09/13/how-to-fix-the-could-not-connect-to-group-policy-client-service-error/<o:p></o:p>Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0530dd95-0979-4bb1-8edc-fa3abb48abf6/failed-to-connect-quotgroup-policy-client-servicequot-windows-7-x64?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 95.89%

I know someone else has asked about this error message but the incidence here is quite different I am running a Dell Inspiron laptop service" "Windows to cannot group client the connect policy on which there has only ever been one account -- mine One day the computer suddenly crashed nbsp and when I restarted it my desktop would not load none of my programs would run and I encountered the message listed in "Windows cannot connect to the group policy client service" the subject line of this post I enabled the Administrator Account tried to "Windows cannot connect to the group policy client service" manually modify the registry as another thread instructed me to do That did not work There was no duplicate account key with a bak ending Even after I accessed the hidden Administrator account I encountered the same error message The computer will not let me create any new accounts I am not linked in to any servers nor is my account a part of any larger network My home does not even have internet and I was not online when the problem occurred "Windows cannot connect to the group policy client service" nbsp If anyone can help with this problem I would greatly appreciate it I am totally lost nbsp

A:"Windows cannot connect to the group policy client service"

Hi,
This issue may occur when the following situations are true:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost was with wrong permissions
2. The Windows Firewall was enabled and wrong configured.
At this point, please grand proper permission on the registry key and disable Windows firewall to check the result.
Regards,Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e02a78e1-df44-415f-a2b7-7857c3bd8762/quotwindows-cannot-connect-to-the-group-policy-client-servicequot?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello I have a Toshiba Satellite c t-a Recently my hard drive failed and so my friend comes randomly, says on light "connect camera" but Webcam to windows gave me a different one and I switched them out I used the recovery disks I had made from the first hard drive to install windows onto the new hard drive Ever since my webcam hasn t been working The light will come on and off randomly it s on right now but when I open the default quot camera quot application it says quot connect to a camera quot I tried using a rd party application also didn t recognize the camera It s not even recognized on device manager and I couldn t find a driver for the camera at all on the toshiba website Is there anything I can do short of getting a new webcam on ebay and replacing it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Webcam light comes on randomly, but windows says "connect to camera" Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Webcam light comes on randomly, but windows says "connect to camera" Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:Webcam light comes on randomly, but windows says "connect to camera"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-light-comes-on-randomly-but-windows-says-connect-to-camera.1147896/
Relevancy 95.89%

Today I booted up my laptop to get this screen - my desktop without an aero theme and the error message on-screen.

Nothing unusual happened last time I used my PC. No installation or updates that I am aware of.

The computer cannot shut down properly now either, it just hangs after the desktop icons are gone. I am forced to hard shutdown.

http://i.imgur.com/S2N6EGp.jpg

Any ideas?

I doubt its malware but will run scans soon to double check.

A:"windows could not connect to the system event notification service"

The service has apparently started though:

http://i.imgur.com/LEuXUAC.png

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-718321.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi all So this problem seemed to have started after I pulled a flash drive out that was using Readyboost pulled out while the computer was off Since then I always get the quot Failed to connect to a windows service quot error showcased in this image http i imgur com eBGnS jpg My task bar was also turned gray a la Windows style and I'm not able to get it back In general I've to connect to problem, plus "Failed boot a windows issues service" computer noticed a much slower boot and a much slower time switching between tasks on the computer I'm not sure if this is the right place to post all of this but I thought I'd do it anyway "Failed to connect to a windows service" problem, plus computer boot issues I'll attach the files and answer any questions that might follow pretty sure I do have access to the boot disks as well though it's been awhile since I've completely re installed Windows DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Paul at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C "Failed to connect to a windows service" problem, plus computer boot issues BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Soluto SolutoService exe C Windows system msiexec exe C "Failed to connect to a windows service" problem, plus computer boot issues Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c program files soluto soluto exe userinit BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files oracle javafx runtime bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper fdde b- f- -ab f- cbeff - c program files windows live companion companioncore dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - c program files microsoft office root office URLREDIR DLL BHO Microsoft SPFS Browser Helper d e a- b - ae-a aa-aba dbd bf - c program files microsoft office root office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files oracle javafx runtime bin jp ssv dll uRun OpenDNS Updater quot c program files opendns updater OpenDNSUpdater exe quot autostart uRun Google Update quot c users paul appdata local google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun E A BC C B F F C service run quot c users paul appdata local google chrome application chrome exe quot --type service uRun chromium c users paul appdata local google chrome application chrome exe --no-startup-window uRun AdobeBridge mRun APSDaemon quot c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon... Read more

A:"Failed to connect to a windows service" problem, plus computer boot issues

Bump.. I'd just like to know if anything is wrong with the computer and if it's safe to use.. perhaps I'm a bit paranoid

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-problem-plus-computer-boot-issues-663628.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi On september st my laptop started to show message to Tested" failed "Locked a Vista connect file. to many too windows service Not quot failed to connect to a windows service quot then i started a scan in which i found many of my files are quot locked and not tested quot which was not there before then as per one of the advise in of the threads in this forum i did the following quot Start computer in safe mode logon on to administrator Click the start button Search quot cmd exe quot Select it and then quot ctrl - shift - enter quot to allow elevation request Type in - quot netsh winsock reset quot press enter Then Restart your computer quot The problem regarding getting message vista failed to connect to a windows service was solved with that but still many of my files are showing quot locked file not tested quot and also my laptop gets hanged frequently also recently whenever i shutdown windows tend to install updates very frequently and also takes time mins same goes with AVG scan every now and then it updates I have tried times to run GMER scan but each time my laptop crashed blue screen appeared and dumping physical memory with some error message which i didnt had the time to read some of it even I tried in both ways running the gmer scan sections amp C drive ticked and the st option i have also attached the scan results in safemode in the zipped folder i really appreciate your help in this matter thanks DDS Vista failed to connect to a windows service too many "Locked file. Not Tested" log file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by tareq at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation SMSvcHost exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SupServ exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows SMINST BLService exe C Program Files Banglalion WiMAX CM cm ssax exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system CNAB RPK EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Users tareq Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Progr... Read more

A:Vista failed to connect to a windows service too many "Locked file. Not Tested"

hi again,
just wanted to say that my java for some reason is disabled even though it is installed and upon trying to install it again i got the following message "java_sp.dll is corrupt"
i have attached the avg rootkit scan report here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/vista-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-too-many-locked-file-not-tested-669085.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi On september st my laptop started to show message quot failed to connect to a windows service quot then i started a scan in which i found many of my files are quot locked and not tested quot which was not there before then as per one of the advise in of the threads in this forum i did the following quot Start computer in safe mode logon on to administrator Click the start button Search quot cmd exe quot Select it and then quot ctrl - shift - enter quot to allow elevation request Type in - quot netsh winsock reset quot press enter Then Restart your computer quot The problem regarding getting message vista failed to connect to a windows service was solved with that but still many of my files are showing quot locked file not tested quot and too to connect a service many Not "Locked Vista windows file. Tested" failed to also my laptop gets hanged frequently please help i have attached the log file of the scan really appreciate your help in this matter thanks

A:Vista failed to connect to a windows service too many "Locked file. Not Tested"

Run your AV scan in Safe Mode and report back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-too-many-locked-file-not-tested-668790.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 95.46%

Recently I built a new PC Everything was working fine no issues whatsoever until one day I find that my internet is playing up It started off as just being generally slow only loading specific sites and a yellow triangle would apear over the WiFi icon and then I couldn't get any connection at all My internet would switch from fine to having all these issues every few minutes so I decided to look into it tried a few solutions and none of them worked Worst of all however is when attempting the final fix entering netsh int ip reset resetlog txt and then restarting The PC restarted fine no issues but then there was no change in the WiFi issue I then went into network and sharing centre and deleted my wireless network profile tried to reconnect and was met with the message quot Network Security Key Mismatch quot I can't get past this screen and I am sure that the security key is correct I have tried manually creating a WiFi profile but this just causes it to attempt to connect but trying saying Windows connect to Security Mismatch" when "Network Key then it just fails Just having built my new PC this is very frustrating as I am unable to download any games or anything else for that matter The fact that my internet would work periodically is what cofuses me most Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389017-windows-saying-network-security-key-mismatch-when-trying-connect.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I can go on line for an hour or five preferred networks" "Windows of connect to wireless not your any could minutes then I click on some site to go and everything stops it hang forever have to reboot it may help and I can surf for a while but it may not Other computers in the house have no problems only my HP desktop has it is two hard drives system with XP on one and on the second Both Windows have this problem I had problems with DNS addresses before but only incidentally this time no "Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks" go Proxy settings maybe too I pasted error reports below first from Chrome then from Firefox also I stumbled upon somehow on Window Internet Explorer Network Diagnostic Tool so "Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks" it is here too Also this "Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks" morning on XP task bar after booting got this quot Unable to connect to preferred wireless network Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks Windows will keep trying to connect To see a list of all networks including others you can connect to click this message quot I am looking for work with that computer and really am in trouble here Cant afford pay help Thank you very much -------------------------------------------- Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www google com took too long to respond The website may be down or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection Check your Internet connection Check any cables and reboot any routers modems or other network devices you may be using Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network try removing it from the list and adding it again If you use a proxy server Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working If you don t believe you should be using a proxy server Go to the Chrome menu gt Settings gt Show advanced settings gt Change proxy settings gt LAN Settings and deselect quot Use a proxy server for your LAN quot Error code ERR TIMED OUT -------------------- SSL connection error Unable to make a secure connection to the server This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don t have Error code ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR -------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- Firefox The connection has timed out The server at my yahoo com is taking too long to respond The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy Try again in a few moments If you are unable to load any pages check your computer s network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web ------------------------------ ----------------------------- Windows Internet Explorer In the address bar C WINDOWS network diagnostic xpnetdiag xml Tab Network Diagnostic for Windows XP - Windows Internet Explorer Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error- attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error- Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call ----------------- Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Linksys WMP N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Connection Device Net Adapter MediaType LAN SubMediaType info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available prompting user... Read more

A:"Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks"

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection 6,
Device= Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band #3, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS

info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN

info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for selection
action User input required: Select network connection

info Wireless connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Media disconnected

1. Lets take the XP first please
control panel
network connections
right click the firewire connection the 1394 one - disable if not already so

2. still in network connections and presuming the desktop is NOT also connected hardwired - if it is disconnect it
right click the wireless adapter#
click properties
on the central window scroll to TCP/IP select it and click properties button
check that obtain IP address is automatic and that Domain Name Server - DNS is automatic
exit out of there

3. Now go back to control panel home and click admin tools
now click services
scroll to Wireless Zero Configuration
double click to open
is it running and is start type automatic
if it is stopped see if it will start

If the adapter has software loaded other than the driver, that software may be managing the wireless and generally windows does a better job

4. Now exit out of there apply and OK as required
try the connection

5. If no better go back to control panel network connections, right click the wireless adapter and click view available wireless networks
are any shown except the ONE you wish to connect to
ensure you are connecting to the one you wish
for instance on BT you can sometimes connect to a BTFon network rather than your own and as those are free to BT users, you can use it, but the signal is never of course as strong as your own modem/router signal

6. If still no good post back with an
ipconfig /all
pasted to reply please

You may wish to try yourself some of the additional steps in this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702

PLEASE lets work on just one OS at a time
If you can connect hard wired Ethernet - does that have problems as well please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-could-not-connect-to-any-of-your-preferred-wireless-networks.1110351/
Relevancy 95.46%

THE SITUATION i dialog Not on windows 7 receiving to..." "connect computers have a LAN that has xp vista and computers on it each computer has an administrative account and a corresponding password from all computers as noted above if i right click on quot my computer quot and select quot map network drive quot and enter in the IP address and credentials of another workstation on the LAN i can successfully connect to any share on my LAN THEREFORE all my share configurations are correct on every workstation i can access network shares without any issues relating to permissions MY ISSUE from any windows Not receiving "connect to..." dialog on windows 7 computers or vista BUT NOT XP computers on my network when i attempt to connect to a share on any other LAN computer through the quot run quot dialog i don't receive a quot connect to quot dialog Not receiving "connect to..." dialog on windows 7 computers box instead i get a error stating quot Logon failure user account restriction Possible reasons are blank passwords Not receiving "connect to..." dialog on windows 7 computers not allowed logon hour restrictions or a policy restriction has been enforced quot on the other hand my windows XP computers always get the quot connect to quot dialog box when accessing shares on other LAN computers the XP computers get the dialog whether they connect to other XP computers or to the vista or computers based on all these observations i believe some setting in vista makes them connect to UNC shares differently then windows XP does whatever XP does causes a connect to dialog to come up and whatever vista does causes the error i spoke of MY QUESTION what can i change on my windows computers ignore vista for the sake of answering this question to make them prompt me for a password just like windows XP does if you say it can't be changed please post directly to a microsoft article that proves your assertion DO NOT ASK ME WHY I DONT JUST MAP THROUGH THE GUI -- I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANY WORKAROUNDS -- PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOVE DIRECTLY

A:Not receiving "connect to..." dialog on windows 7 computers

Quote: Originally Posted by TooCrooked

THE SITUATION:

i have a LAN that has xp, vista, and 7 computers on it. each computer has an administrative account and a corresponding password.

from all computers as noted above, if i right click on "(my) computer" and select "map network drive" and enter in the IP address and credentials of another workstation on the LAN, i can successfully connect to any share on my LAN.

THEREFORE: all my share configurations are correct on every workstation. i can access network shares without any issues relating to permissions.

MY ISSUE:

from any windows 7 or vista (BUT NOT XP) computers on my network, when i attempt to connect to a share on any other LAN computer through the "run" dialog, i don't receive a "connect to..." dialog box. instead i get a error stating: "Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced".

on the other hand, my windows XP computers always get the "connect to" dialog box when accessing shares on other LAN computers. the XP computers get the dialog whether they connect to other XP computers or to the vista or 7 computers.
based on all these observations, i believe some setting in vista/7 makes them connect to UNC shares differently then windows XP does. whatever XP does causes a connect to dialog to come up, and whatever vista/7 does causes the error i spoke of.

MY QUESTION:

what can i change on my windows 7 computers (ignore vista for the sake of answering this question) to make them prompt me for a password just like windows XP does? if you say it can't be changed, please post directly to a microsoft article that proves your assertion.

DO NOT ASK ME WHY I DONT JUST MAP THROUGH THE GUI -- I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANY WORKAROUNDS -- PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOVE DIRECTLY!!!

Are you using Homegroup, workgroup, or other?

What encryption are you using?

Have you tried doing run, as, run as admin?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/107607-not-receiving-connect-dialog-windows-7-computers.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello there I am in desperate need of help in solving my rather unique problem My beloved MSI GP PE Leopard Intel i GB RAM is stuck in Windows setup due to the fact that it cannot connect to my router Upon turning on my PC a Stuck Internet to Setup 10 connect the right in "can't now". Windows page comes up that tells me to connect to a network quot to finish Windows 10 "can't connect to the Internet right now". Stuck in Setup setting up this device quot I click on my network and after a minute of trying it says quot We can't Windows 10 "can't connect to the Internet right now". Stuck in Setup connect to the Internet right now Please try again quot Well I did try again Again and again Same results Every other device in my house can connect to the WiFi and I had no problem until I installed Windows All other cases I've found online are from people who at least got out of Setup Mode l don't even have access to my desktop I'm in dire straits and I want my baby back so if anyone could help it would be seriously appreciated lt

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/55987-windows-10-cant-connect-internet-right-now-stuck-setup.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have been having a problem with my laptop for awhile now. When i start it up, sometimes i get problems such as a black background, no internet, audio service, and some of my desktop files are missing. A message also pops up.

The message says "Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrator user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I really need help with this. It's getting very annoying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-problem.150266/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I m having an issue with my month old Dell I get this message in the right hand corner after it takes like minutes to to a service" to connect windows problem "Failed get to the desktop Then I get a black screen for like - minutes then it shows the Message quot failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the sytstem As an administrator user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service "Failed to connect to a windows service" problem didn t respond quot I have restartes in quot Safe Mode "Failed to connect to a windows service" problem quot and found the System Event Notification clicked on x and it shows that it is on quot automatic quot The first failure is on quot restart the service quot as well as the nd failure and third The windows event log start up says Automatic as well What i did notice was that on both the System Event amp Windows Event Log the status says quot Stopped quot Should I quot start the service quot If i boot up in Normal mode i can t do anything I can t shut down right or anything Anyone with any advise o k this is to update I booted up in safe mode I was told to quot start the service anyway I could quot Well it won t quot start the service while in safe mode quot I get error message Now what I think i may take bcke tio Best Buy Any one with any other advise Frustrated Frustrated nbsp

A:"Failed to connect to a windows service" problem

Yes - start it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-problem.112294/
Relevancy 95.46%

I guess I must have inadvertantly changed a setting somewhere. I don't want to fish around and mess things up. Please help...

A:Link "hand" displays an "X" & won't connect

Please explain your problem a little better and please give details. What link displays an x?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/link-hand-displays-an-x-wont-connect.311233/
Relevancy 94.6%

I cannot connect to certain wireless networks.

- I can connect for example to wifi at my University or a public network such as The Cloud and even BT Open zone, all of these direct you to a page to logon - these work fine.
- I cannot connect to any other network, even if it is an Open network.
- I have endlessly searched Google and tried everything suggested on forums like this - however they were other peoples problems - this is the first time I have made a post.
- I have eventually caved and restored my laptop to Factory settings. The problem persists.

I have attached screen shots showing the exact problem and error messages.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- Connecting via cable works fine - I am using that method now.

A:Cannot connect to Wifi network - "Identifying Network"

Shaun, firstly: welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest downloading Revo uninstaller: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and using it to remove your wireless driver and all bits of it. This is because the built in uninstaller doesn't often remove everything. Now go online (you mentioned connecting via LAN line works alright) and find your wireless adapter driver for your computer (should be on the manufacturer's website). Install it, enter the network password, and let me know if this solves the problem for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205060-cannot-connect-wifi-network-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Well for some reason one of the computers in my house will no longer connect to the internet. when i try and troubleshoot the problem it says the drivers aren't detected and that i have to re-install them:

I click next and it then gives me this:

I tried finding some drivers for the motherboard on the internet, and nothing seems to work.

Here are the computer's specs:
Asrock g31m-s
intel duo core e6400
2 gigs of RAM
on-board graphics

A:Windows 7 can't connect to the internet "0x80070005"?

Check Device Manager to see if there are any driver errors listed,

Click Start Orb > in the search field type devmgmt.msc

Once the Device Manager window is open check for any problems or disabled devices.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-cant-connect-to-the-internet-0x80070005-659119.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I've been getting this error message on start-up for the past few days. I've tried "winsock reset" via the command prompt and I've run "Winfix". At first, it looked like the problem was solved, but this morning I again had the error. I ran Malwarebytes, but no malware was detected. Any ideas?

The machine is Intel i5-2320 running at 3.0 GHz, 4.0 GB of RAM and 64 bit OS Win 7 Home Premium.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389912-failed-connect-windows-service.html
Relevancy 94.6%

After entering a valid retail key into the installer located here I get the following error:

I have tried running the installer on another computer with the same results. I have also tried the netsh command and deleting the Panther folder. The problem arised after doing the trick to download 8.1 with a 8 product key and cancelling the 8.1 installer. It was working yesterday and this morning.

A:Windows 8 Installer "We can't connect at the moment"

Option One-
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/46495-windows-8-installer-we-cant-connect-moment.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I Have Read Many Topics About This And I Cant Find The Solution Please Someone Save My Computer I Dont Know Where The Hell I Got This Error I Start My Pc One Day And It Takes A Hell Of A Long Time Starting Up And I Wait And Get A Blank Screen For Minitues Then The Windows Logo COmes And It Says Please Wait I Wait MORE To Connect "Failed Service" Windows To Help MINUTES Then I Help "Failed To Connect To Windows Service" Can Log In My Admin Account I Log In And Then I See This Message At First The Theme Was Classic And It Was Gone My Friend Helped Me Fix It Back To Windows Vista But He Didnt Know How To Fix This ScreenShot I Tried Tutorials These Where The Help "Failed To Connect To Windows Service" Ones lt lt Boot into Safe Mode Control Panel gt Administrative Tools gt Help "Failed To Connect To Windows Service" Services gt right click on System Event Notification Service gt set startup mode to Automatic Do NOT attempt to start the Service Make sure the Event Log Service is also on Automatic Reboot into Normal Mode The Service should be started For the Event Viewer in Vista http www windowsnetworking com art ows-Vista html Please observe the same guidelines for reporting ignore Warnings only one copy of recurring identical error Copy button is on lower left And The Secound Boot in safe mode and login under a local adminstrator account Right click My Computer and click manage up will pop up a computer management window in that window double click Services and Applications and then click Services In the list of services scroll down to quot System Event notification quot and double click it The properties for this Service will then display Make sure the start up type is set to Automatic and make sure the Service status is set to Started After you have done this click quot Event Viewer quot in the far top left of the screen and click quot System quot This will bring up the logging of events in which have happened on your machine I Would Greatly Appreciate If Someone Helped Me Please I Beg Of You nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-failed-to-connect-to-windows-service.117419/
Relevancy 94.6%

will not let my sign on to my google account and my Kid cant get on her account. it keeps telling her she needs administration approval. then every thing freeze up.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442869-what-does-mean-when-i-get-message-windows-did-not-connect-server.html
Relevancy 94.6%

My son has an HP laptop W at college with him He is hours to service"? a "failed to windows connect from me The laptop is years old and other than the battery wearing out he has to keep it plugged in he s not noticed any problems with it until the last few days Every time he turns it on it takes a long time min or more to start and then presents this error see attachment I can t really do much from where I am but I thought if I posted the question maybe someone can point him in the right direction Possibly relevant his Norton internet security was not current - I renewed mine with a special deal and got "failed to connect to a windows service"? a new key and didn t even think to give it to him This was about a month ago So I ll send him the new key but I "failed to connect to a windows service"? don t know how to get him past this error or exactly why he is getting it Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

Hello, I'm having some wifi issues. In the past few weeks I've only been able to use the internet on my laptop when connected via ethernet, despite having used the same wireless, router, laptop, etc perfectly fine for years!

When I first start up my laptop, I can see the list of my available connections. I press connect for my usual home router and then it will say "Windows was unable to connect to blahblahblah". And then the list will have a red cross and claim no connections are available. 

If I press troubleshoot problem, Windows Network Diagnostics says to "investigate router or access point issues", which involves turning the device off (done this several times). When I select "check to see if problem is fixed", it thinks for a bit then says "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue".

Please can you help?  

A:Windows unable to connect to Wifi

Welcome to BC. !

Have you Reset the router ?....this usually involves inserting the end of a paperclip into a tiny hole located on the router itself......google the name of the router and it will show you where that hole is.
The word Reset should be written directly above/beside the hole.

To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582941/windows-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 93.74%

PLEASE TELL ME THE HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM   " WINDOWS UNABLE TO CONNECT WIFI" IN hP15 R062TU NOTEBOOK PC INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT OS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WINDOWS-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT-WIFI/td-p/5703974
Relevancy 93.74%

In my laptop, whenever i try to connect to my wifi connection, it doesn't shows it. While on all the other devices wifi is working perfectly fine.

Relevancy 93.31%

When I turn on my computer i get the following warning:

Failed to connect to windows service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System event log for details about why the service didn't respond."

When I go to the event log i get several of the event Ids
etc...
any suggestions?

A:Help w/ "Failed to connect to windows service" warning-Windows 7 Home

Cannot help directly but try entering "Failed to connect to windows service Windows 7" into Google search box, I am sure you will find what your looking for. I tried it and found loads of suggestions:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-message/731a2a0a-73bd-477f-ac6b-321f606e9774

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303042-help-w-failed-connect-windows-service-warning-windows-7-home.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello

My Brand new Laptop: Lenovo g505 after upgrading it to windows 8.1 from MS Apps store now i am not able to connect to internet i get "limited" or "No Internet Access". i have tried to re install the driver no luck

Lenovo support suggests to do factory rest but i dont want to go back to windows 8

Does anyone else has any other idea on how to fix this issue ?
Thank you very much

A:Windows 8.1 Wifi showing "limited" or "No Internet Access"

Try rebooting the router & modem. Usually limited connection, means that the compute has failed to communicate properly with the Wireless Access Point, or wired router connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41257-windows-8-1-wifi-showing-limited-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello!
I've installed the latest drivers on my computer (Lenovo Y510P). Whenever I connect my computer to a projector and select "duplicate screen" option, I receive a BAD_POOL_CALLER error and my laptop restarts itself. I am using Windows 8 64 bit (6.2, Build 9200). I have uploaded the concerned dump file (zipped) in case it may be needed. Furthermore, I noticed that the same problem happens when I press Windows+P and then select the 'Duplicate' option even when I have not connected my laptop to a projector. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation !

A:Getting a "BAD_POOL_CALLER" when I connect my windows 8

Hi

The only crash dump you uploaded shows video driver related issues. The Nvidia driver currently installed on your system is a generic one which is not recommended for hybrid graphic configuration. It is better to stick with system manufacturer provided display driver in case of laptops with switchable graphics.I would recommend uninstalling currently installed version of both Intel and Nvidia drivers completely from the system and installing system specific driver tweaked by the OEM. While installing, Intel should be installed first and reboot the machine. Then install the Nvidia driver.

You can download the machine specific drivers from Drivers and software - IdeaPad Y510p Notebook

If the BSOD continues even after installing OEM display drivers, please follow instructions from Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45154-getting-bad_pool_caller-when-i-connect-my-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I couldn't find the proper forum for this, feel free to move if it's not appropriate in this forum.

But yeah, every time Skype forces an update on me, it'll either display that message or constantly freeze. Currently, it's the "Skype can't connect." message, that shows up after I type my username and password while pressing Enter afterwards. I followed the official website's tutorial and even restarted my computer, but no avail. I'd appreciate any assistance given.

A:"Skype can't connect."(Windows 7)

Try posting in the Skype forum for better results: Windows (desktop client) - Skype Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-cant-connect-windows-7-a-1014738.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi guys I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved I also searched on this forum but still Wifi, connect windows 10 public to to Unable nothing useful found If I missed the right topic I'm sorry I'll provide to erase this asap My problem is that I'm not able to access internet in every public free wifi connection that requires no password No problem at all when I access to a protect wifi everything runs as is supposed to be But when I try to connect to open wifi I have no internet connection So yes I can see Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 the name of the public wifi connect to it but still have no internet while people around me have no problem it says no interne open It doesn't even appear the pop up page to accept the conditions I've tried disable the firewall the antivirus and many extensions that I thought could interfere with it as AdBlock I have other extension as WOT Lastpass ProxFlow and Mailtrack But on Chrome so I thought there should be no problem for Internet Eplorer Thanks in advance and let me know if i should tell sometime more about my pc please try not to be too technic I use my laptop a lot but I'm no expert

A:Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Try to Reset your WiFi : Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset. You will lose all the Passwords and Config. Windows will reboot ,but it waits 5 min. to do it.
Try to Reset Firewall: Control Panel>Firewall>Restore Defaults . There is also an Option "Troubleshoot my Network"
Try the Troubleshooter: Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All>Internet Connection

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66670-unable-connect-public-wifi-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi team I have the on unable Wif connect to Tablet is available to Wifi is but Windows 10 user recently bought a new Tablet with Windows installed but unable to connect to wifi Description User has bought a new Sony Tablet with Windows installed Whenhe Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif search for a wifi he could see SSID available on Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif his machine and Signalstrength is good However when He clicks quot Connect quot The tablet willkeep being disconnected from the Wifi Network When other users who are on Tablet HP Desktop Laptop are able toconnect to Wifi Network with no issue When his machine is on the other location Airport MCDonald working fine Troubleshooting the troubleshooting that I have done are - Restart the device - Reinstall Old New Version of Wifi Drivers on the tablet - Disabled Firewall on Tablet Access Point - Disabled Password on Access Point - Restart the access point - Set the MAC Address to allow the tablet access to Wifi on AccessPoint - Set the IP Reservation for this Tablet - Set the Wireless LAN on Tablet to b n g None of the troubleshooting Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif above work for me Can you please advise

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32177-wifi-available-but-windows-10-tablet-unable-connect-wif.html