Windows Support Forum

ASUS A43S WIFI Can't Connect to Wifi

Q: ASUS A43S WIFI Can't Connect to Wifi

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ASUS A43S WIFI Can't Connect to Wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi,
1st, sorry for my English, I'm french and I'm not really good in IT.
I have an ASUS with an Ath?ros Wireless R9285.
Since the last update, I can't connect in wifi anymore (but it's ok with the cable, and ok with my other computer).
I first though it was the on/off wifi button, or the Fn/F2 command, but no.
Then, I tried to connect/unconnect the card, change the power specification, try all the anti viruses I've got and make a "restauration" at a date before the update and so the issue... Nothing...
I've read all the forum I can found on the subject, try many solutions, but still nothing.
I was close to be desperate when somebody told me it could be a problem with the Microsoft virtual wifi miniport, and give me your site adress.
Could somebody help me please ?
Thank you by advance

A:Impossible to connect wifi with my ASUS laptop

Hi and welcome to the forums.

First things first, could you please fill in your system specs for me so I can give better assistance. Thanks.

Now in the meantime I have two ideas. One, do you have a system restore point to go back to. It should make one whenever you install an update. That might solve your issue. If that doesn't work, go to the ASUS website and go to drivers. Download the latest drivers for your laptop.

Hope this helps
Stephen

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228183-impossible-connect-wifi-my-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have Asus laptop that will not connect to the internet. It finds wireless networks and will not connect. It keeps saying identifying network and then says unsucessful. It was working fine and then just stopped working and will not reconnect. Any one have this issuse. I have no clue what to do

A:Solved: Asus laptop will not connect to wifi

do a tcp/ip reset
and post a xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Visat/Windows 7
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/f... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi.1092989/
Relevancy 88.15%

how to connect asus tf103c to alcatel one touch wifi router,cant connect asus to internet as I dont have a wifi connection with alcatel unit,

A:how to connect asus tf103c to alcatel one touch wifi router

What is the model number of the router? They produce many.Have you Googled for instructions?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-connect-asus-tf103c-to-alcatel-one-touch-wifi-router/13821.html
Relevancy 86.86%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 86%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 85.14%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 85.14%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 85.14%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 80.84%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 78.26%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

So, I have recently installed Windows 7 and am having problems not connecting to the wireless internet in the house that I was able to connect to before. I have looked aorund for answers and haven't really got any real answers. If someone could tell me what to do and how to do it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
ae804

A:ASUS P5K WiFi

Is that your WI-Fi card? What is the model and what driver, if any is installed? Also, what security method are you using - WPA etc? Finally, what antivirus software do you have?

If its Asus motherboard look here:

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-US

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37033-asus-p5k-wifi.html
Relevancy 71.38%

does anyone have any details regarding the wifi card..... and i guess i would need a receiving card also
seems like its hard to find on the net......anyone actually use this card????
thx...........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-wifi-b-card.448528/
Relevancy 71.38%

So i have a WiFi-G card from asus. i have the CD and installed it but it says the card is not on the board. i have installed it also in windows XP mode, i know it's not the card because it works in my media center PC it's only with windows 7 that it dose not work. ive installed the drivers to run under windows XP compatibility mode and nothing. here is a picture of what it looks like.
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Arti..._wifi_card.jpg

A:Asus WiFi-G drivers.

You may have to go into the Dell Bios and enable something. Dell is notoroius for this. My Experience!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/84709-asus-wifi-g-drivers.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So it s time to overhaul my comp Ghz processor Asus motherboard SDRAM Today at Fry s I will buy a new processor motherboard DDR RAM and a new ATI graphics card These new parts as well as my old comp will then travel to a professional for assembly Asus P K-E WiFi-AP motherboard motherboard Asus P5K-E WiFi-AP / http www hardwaresecrets com article Intel Core Quad Q Bx processor TWIN X - C DHX DDR Ram Because I am hardware illiterate my question is simply Is this a solid base for a new Asus P5K-E / WiFi-AP motherboard computer When I bring these parts to the professional will he have any problems assembling these three components I don t want to have him tell me that I must make another trip to Fry s to buy the right parts Is Dual Core Asus P5K-E / WiFi-AP motherboard better for this motherboard instead of Quad Core As for the accessories mouse modem sound card drives please ignore them for now Finally I understand that I must also buy a powerbox with some kind of rails for my new PCI-Express graphics card nbsp

A:Asus P5K-E / WiFi-AP motherboard

Solid base: Yes. That is a very nice motherboard.

Trouble with assembly: No. Everything you've chosen so far is 100% compatible.

Dual-core better: Not necessarily. There aren't many applications that take advantage of all 4 cores, so if you can find a better price on a dual-core, you might want to consider it. Otherwise the quad-core is a good choice.

Powerbox: The item you're referring to is called a power supply, or PSU for short. The 'rails' refer to the amount of power capable of being distributed at each voltage type used by the computer.

Here's a good example of a nice PSU at a respectable price that is more than powerful enough for most needs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371015

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5k-e-wifi-ap-motherboard.690624/
Relevancy 71.38%

Need help with wifi drivers for my p5k-e. I dont see drivers for Windows 7 on their site. Am I just SOL?

A:Asus P5K-E /WIFI driver help

Quote: Originally Posted by Jhanfosho

Need help with wifi drivers for my p5k-e. I dont see drivers for Windows 7 on their site. Am I just SOL?

Hi jhanfosho,

Try it with the Vista drivers, they usually work

Pooch

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8694-asus-p5k-e-wifi-driver-help.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I can't locate the drivers/utility for the WiFi adapter (for P5K Deluxe Wifi/AP) on ASUS's website. The CD has been misplaced unfortunately. Anyone know where I might find it?

A:Driver for ASUS P5K's WiFi?

Download for XP (32bit): http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/wireless/ASUS_WiFi-AP_V5123002006_XP.zip
Download for Vista (32bit): http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/wireless/ASUS_WiFi-AP_V6128502152007_Vista.zip

Hope that helps. I'd link you directly but it wouldn't let me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-for-asus-p5ks-wifi.714283/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I ve had my pc for around years now and I ve always just used a ethernet cable from my Livebox into my pc seeing as the livebox is in my bedroom anyway I deemed it a bit pointless to get wireless When I first got my motherboard ASUS PW Home Deluxe it came with a nifty little antenna for WiFi but I just kept all that in the box and proceeded with the ethernet method Currently I have no ethernet cable to go into my XBOX and I m getting tired of having no internet connection on my pc as I have to use that ethenet cable so I decided to give my nifty antenna a shot I have set up wireless before on my laptop but if anyone could help me out with the WiFi adapter WiFi AP-Solo which i got with my motherboard and clarify if you can actually use it to connect to a router or is it just used as a wireless point so I can Solo Wifi-AP ASUS create a network and have the other devices on the network obtain the internet connection through my wired PC If it is possible to use the WiFi AP solo to get a wireless connection for my pc so I can use the ethernet for my xbox constantly could someone either send me a link to setting it ASUS Wifi-AP Solo up in that ASUS Wifi-AP Solo manner or guide me through it i d be more than grateful I know it would be alot easier to just go and buy a new ethernet cable but curiosity got the better of me and I m prone to fiddle on ASUS Wifi-AP Solo trying to get things working I tried to make this as clear as possible and I m sorry if I just confused you I m happy to answer any questions you may have if this post seems rather confusing Also this is my first post here so Hi everyone Many regards Ben nbsp

A:ASUS Wifi-AP Solo

Am I allowed to bump on these forums? Sorry if I'm not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-wifi-ap-solo.828908/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to connect my PC to my new wifi network, it works fine as I have iPhone and ipad connected to wifi. But when I try to connect my PC with the ASUS wifi-ap it gets the signal good strength but keeps dropping connection after saying Acquiring Network Address ?? HELP lol

Pongo

A:ASUS WiFi-AP Solo

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/asus-wifi-ap-solo-677177.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I did see big eric s post A53 Wifi Signal bad Asus about removing the Wireless Console software which interfered with wifi access I removed it and regained wifi access for about minutes After that the problem reverted I am unable Asus A53 bad Wifi Signal to connect to any routers unless I am right next to them whereas all of my friend s laptops and my phone have no problem connecting Any thoughts on what to try I ve already checked to make sure that the wifi switch is on I ve ran the troubleshooter in Control Panel - gt Network and Internet multiple times What s strange is that Asus A53 bad Wifi Signal this problem started last Monday and the signal got worse and worse until these last few days when I ve been entirely unable to connect to any router I ve also removed any security software that I m aware of on my computer McAfee Norton AVG Avast I know the last resort is to wipe the drive and re-install Windows but I d rather not as I have a lot of information on here and don t have the time right now to back it up nbsp

A:Asus A53 bad Wifi Signal

Try using Windows Defender only... Have you had any luck with this so far?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a53-bad-wifi-signal.212902/
Relevancy 71.38%

I had been on an extended vacation and just got back. I have an ASUS laptop running 64 bit Win 7 home premium with a I3 Intel CPU, 4 meg RAM, and 1 TB hard drive. I cannot get it to connect to WIFI. I and several others have tried to get it to connect. It will connect using a cable. One person said that I'm missing a dll file. All it says is that it can't find the "network adapter".
You guys have helped me in the past, and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
peteski1

Relevancy 71.38%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi So my computer has been having multiple problems and it's driving me crazy If I had the money I would literally just get a wifi ASUS cannot find Laptop new one and this one is only a year and a half old A few months ago my laptop had this issue I would turn it on and it would have a red quot X quot over the Internet Access icon on the start bar near the time I would restart my laptop or uninstall the driver and reinstall it to fix it which worked temporarily Then it didn't work anymore and I had to plug in my laptop into my router to use the internet I went to Office Depot and ASUS Laptop cannot find wifi they told me to just delete it and reinstall in from ASUS's website I did and it worked but now I'm having the same issue again among others I'm not even sure if I installed the correct driver although I made sure to research and everything before doing it and it did work back then Now it's doing the same issue and i don't know what to do at this point My laptop ASUS Laptop cannot find wifi is an ASUS x C http www nix ru images photo p t raft large jpg running Windows bit Professional I'm not very good with computers in terms of all the detailed taking it apart so please don't ask me to do that I think I'd just make it worse as I probably already have with just this

A:ASUS Laptop cannot find wifi

Ok Clueless mate sounds very much like a problem I had with my new Asus ROG gamer laptop and I found the local Service Centre (if you can find one locally to you) was so much more help than the global and "local" (call centre in the Philippines) Asus sites but that is something you will have to find for yourself.

But in the meantime these are the latest drivers for your machine and it is always best to get them from the manufacturers as personally I find the Windows update feature not really much good.
http://www.asus.com/au/Notebooks_Ult...Desk_Download/ < from these download and install the LAN and wireless ones (just open them out and download the latest - usually the top ones) the others we might need to have a look at later.

Let us know how you get on and don't worry I don't think it will involve taking anything a part.

Just two things you can do are run these to make sure the OS system is running ok
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
You can do that in safe mode if you want (power off and then power on while tapping F8)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367401-asus-laptop-cannot-find-wifi.html
Relevancy 70.52%

want to but the ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP mobo and i was wondering if anyone out there who has it can tell me their opinion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-can-anyone-tell-me-their-opinion-on-the-asus-p5k-e-wifi-ap-mobo.614450/
Relevancy 70.52%

I m not sure if work Asus WiFi won't laptop's My this is in the right place so you can move it if it s not I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I ve had it for years I didn t have trouble with the WiFi for a few months but then it started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn t help There was a cycle The built-in wasn t working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I ve installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here s what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn t work it can t connect to any networks I My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says no connections are available It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you New I did a clean reinstall of Windows not the built in one but the from CD one On the advice of someone in another forum It now doesn t even work when I click troubleshoot

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work

New: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (not the built in one, but the from CD one). On the advice of someone in another forum. It now doesn't
even work when I click troubleshoot.

Did you install the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482464/my-asus-laptops-wifi-wont-work/
Relevancy 70.52%

Greetings,

I have a very frustrating problem! I'm trying to make a hotspot for my and brothers phones and laptop with program called "Connectify.me" and it worked like a charm for about two days and suddenly ALL stopped! Hotspot is still on but there is no connection...

I'm using ASUS wifi antenna (which came with motherboard).

I dont get it...Also I tried again and make a new hotspot and everything worked fine for about a minute then it went OFF AGAIN!

I'm using Win 7 x64 ultimate and RTL8187 newest drivers...

I have tried to shut down win firewall and nod32 firewall but nothing helps.

More wierd is that my phone,brothers phone and laptop actually "connected" but there is NO internet...but on main pc working fine.

Can someone help me with this one?

P.S. I've posted my ipconfig/all

A:ASUS P5W DH Deluxe wifi problem

Quote: Originally Posted by F22

Greetings,

I have a very frustrating problem! I'm trying to make a hotspot for my and brothers phones and laptop with program called "Connectify.me" and it worked like a charm for about two days and suddenly ALL stopped! Hotspot is still on but there is no connection...

I'm using ASUS wifi antenna (which came with motherboard).

I dont get it...Also I tried again and make a new hotspot and everything worked fine for about a minute then it went OFF AGAIN!

I'm using Win 7 x64 ultimate and RTL8187 newest drivers...

I have tried to shut down win firewall and nod32 firewall but nothing helps.

More wierd is that my phone,brothers phone and laptop actually "connected" but there is NO internet...but on main pc working fine.

Can someone help me with this one?

P.S. I've posted my ipconfig/all

could we get your network setup, the comp OS.

Does it do the same thing in safe mode (F8)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131878-asus-p5w-dh-deluxe-wifi-problem.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I have installed Win 7 64 bit after changing the HDD and downloaded and installed the wifi driver from the Asus web site. The wifi light now comes on, but the wifi does not seem to be active. There are no networks avalaible. How do I activate the wifi?
Thanks

A:How do I activate wifi? , Asus 1215B

Hello salvadorfreeman, Welcome to the Forums, Let me ask you , Are you in a known wifi hot spot and not seeing any networks ? Also, in Device Manager , do you have any yellow or red cautions on the wifi drivers showing ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336965-how-do-i-activate-wifi-asus-1215b.html
Relevancy 70.52%

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BN-2W-PC-Wi...ltDomain_0&hash=item3f0e4d1c76#ht_4975wt_1180

Would it be possible to purchase two of these for 802.11n on the ASUS Rt-N12

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000mw-wifi-amplifier-asus-rt-n12.1019363/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have bought a P5K-E/wifi board, core 2 6420 cpu, ATI x1950 pro 512mb graphics crad & 2 x 1gb OCZ ram. I put it all together and startup, I can get into the bios screen but when I leave the bios the power supply is turned off for 5 seconds and then back on. If I dont go into the bios then it posts fine but after it says "checking NVRAM" the power suppply turns off again for 5 seconds and then cycles. What the hell is going on, any help would be much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-asus-p5k-e-wifi-p-roblem.591951/
Relevancy 70.52%

A little a while ago I made a post here about my new PC which is the new Haswell platform and WiFi news leak from ASUS AC that among other things I bought ASUS PCI-AC WiFi AC news leak from ASUS WiFi ac card which was supposed to be a kick-a at Mbit s data rate That product turned out to be simply non-functional on any Haswell chipset and ASUS is rushing out an update on which there is no information on the internet yet so I wanted to post it here which came from an ASUS engineer According to that engineer ASUS is about to release PCI-AC WiFi ac card which will offer at least two things Rectify all issues for Haswell products Unconfirmed but looks WiFi AC news leak from ASUS like it will bump the speed to Mbit s in line with the other AC product they just released - RT AC- U I was advised to wait for about one month till it appears on amazon com and then ask for exchange to my AC that s currently sitting idle EDITED For any admin who reads it feel free to move this post over to the Networking section nbsp

A:WiFi AC news leak from ASUS

Why does it not work with Haswell? That is quite odd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-ac-news-leak-from-asus.194665/
Relevancy 70.52%

Well I eventually got my new WiFi adapter PCIE card - Asus AC adapter and boy what a nightmare this thing is It has taken hours of setting up WiFi AC66 - New Asus PCE HELP! Card initially it wouldn't even quot see quot the network despite all of the other PC's PS and TV's all happily connected Numerous router Linksys EA reboots and then some rather shaky connections all of which are intermittent and keep forcing all the icons on the task bar to keep refreshing Couldn't get anywhere using the ASUS software that came with the HELP! - New Asus PCE AC66 WiFi Card card scan after scan it couldn't find the network I have moved the card into each of the PCE slots all three and eventually got a bit of a connection on slot My router is set HELP! - New Asus PCE AC66 WiFi Card up with two SSID's one for GHz mixed mode and the other for the GHz AC only - which is set up for my PC only Now when I eventually get the card to connect it usually shows the connection speed as GBs as it should but withing a few seconds this drops to MBs then down to Mbs then it will drop to either MBs or Mbs and then sit there at that connection speed forever All my other network cards adapters when connected They are all currently disabled to allow only the ASUS to work on its own always show there true full speed - WiFi n MBs and my Gigabit LAN is at GB Could this be a problem with the adapter I tried sending a large zip file to the USB disk attached to the router - about MBs in size it took about minute so it doesn't seem to be running as fast as it should There is virtually no documentation with the card very very poor not even a list of specs pretty shoddy ASUS The motherboard I have is ASUS P Z V Deluxe so you would expect great compatibility Anyone know if this is normal Maybe some power saving feature I found an update for the drivers on the ASUS support site it has added a bit functionality and tidied the interface up a bit but the connection is always the same sitting there at MBS any help This is driving me nuts

A:HELP! - New Asus PCE AC66 WiFi Card

I have the same AC66 NIC working at 877.5 Mbps, which is 35 feet from my Asus AC66U which is set up as an access point.

Which router are you using for this?

You might not have very good luck with other AC type routers although firmware updates may help here.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35224-help-new-asus-pce-ac66-wifi-card.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I bought a Asus work My Asus laptop's Also WiFi won't K a Rbr October and have had similar issues that you describe and Asus's support is disappointing as is Walmart returns as I bought online went to return it days after rec'd via FedEx but forget my slip so then I end up having surgery and laid up but returned to Walmart to return or repair My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as there is a year warranty I was told too late to return cause I bought online so I ask Asus support phone so I could bring it for repairs Walmart could not find Asus or phone number in their manufacture products they sell it just was not in the big book she looked thru I had no wireless for over a month and finally called Verizon support to walk me thru putting in more secure wireless MAC My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work address and I have had no connection problems since I also got in touch with Asus support and they walked me thru a partition or recovery of partial recovery which also helped although I wanted a clean reinstall and a CD sent to do a reinstall but I had to pay for a recovery CD so I am still waiting My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as it has not been shipped out and they do not know when but they took my Cathy Edit Split off to prevent confusion Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486443/my-asus-laptops-wifi-also-wont-work/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I have an Asus P5K-e/WiFi AP and am interested in installing W7. I looked on Asus' support site and they dont have a wireless driver for W7, only a LAN driver.

Anyone come across a wireless driver for this mobo for W7?

A:Asus P5K-E/WiFi AP - Wireless driver with W7

I just found out that it is supported natively by W7. whoohoo

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34675-asus-p5k-e-wifi-ap-wireless-driver-w7.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys, recently purchased above pc but I'm not getting any wifi. It's not picking up a signal from my router.

I can connect via ethernet cable, just wondered if anyone had any solutions to this?

I've looked on device manager and my network controller has a yellow exclamation by it but I'm not sure if this is related?

Any help would be great!

Cheers!

A:New PC - Asus EEEBOX EB1033 - No Wifi?

Hi ... Install the Driver for the Wireless from the Link below ...

https://www.asus.com/Commercial-Desk...Desk_Download/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378608-new-pc-asus-eeebox-eb1033-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Can you guys give some online retailers (USA Based) that are selling this board?

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP

Is it even out yet?

And also, ASUS's description has this:

"- Dual-channel DDR2 800(OC) /667/533" - Ram
What does the (OC) mean? I know it stands for Overclock, but will my non-OC G.Skill DDR2 6400 run at 800?
G.Skill DDR2 6400 2GB

I'd like to get this or a GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6, but the ASUS is quad sli ready.

Thanks
-Steven

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n32-sli-premium-wifi-ap-where-to-buy.60195/
Relevancy 70.52%

hello!

I been having wifi problems since i bought this laptop and that's a month ago. What happens is when i connect to my wifi it keeps dropping out if i change possition. Or sometimes works perfectly for few seconds and second time i go the the same spot it works pretty bad...
When i used it at my gf house wifi was stable but idk why... i have the same amout of bars (wifi signal) as at home .

What happens is i have like 3 bars then it will pop to 5 bars and wifi will stop working..

When i ping my rounter i see request time out after 4-5 the wifi just drops out and i need to click reconnect...
It's annoying becouse of skype calls drops when you have those timeouts more then 2 or 3.

Help me you guys are last hope... tryed 5 forums 0 replays
p.s.

if oyu need any info just ask i will provide

A:ASUS x750LN WIFI KEEPS CUTTING OUT

Are you sure you are connecting to her wifi access point, and not someone else's that is open? You can look at signal quality, by opening a Command window and type in the following command: netsh wlan show all

Look for the SSID you are connecting to. If the -db is higher than 65, it is a poor signal. Also what channel her Access Point is on, matters. If it is on a congested channel, that can also cause problems. If channels 1 & 5 are less congested, set her Wifi access point to either of those channels.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54008-asus-x750ln-wifi-keeps-cutting-out.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Yesterday, i upgraded my mobo from an abit kn9 sli to this Asus M2N Sli Deluxe Wifi edition. The first problem i encountered was during windows setup when it asked me to insert a disk called Nvidia network bus installation disc #1, which of course i didnt have. I clicked cancel, and the screen started acting up, but windows eventually installed. Everything works fine except the two lan ports. I went to the add hardware wizard and it says that the device cannot start (code 10). Maybe i need some drivers? i already installed all the drivers that came with the mobo cd. I'm lost for ideas.

A:Asus M2N Sli Deluxe Wifi Lan not working

nevermind... i was able to make the system detect the LAN by uninstalling it. maybe there were two installations..?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-sli-deluxe-wifi-lan-not-working.95022/
Relevancy 70.52%

My laptop just updated Windows which did fix a lot of problems with some drivers that were malfunctioning but it also created a new kicking ASUS the me off WiFi Laptop problem I keep getting kicked off the WiFi and can't reconnect until I restart my laptop Sometimes the connection stops and I must restart multiple times an hour When I go into device manager gt network adapters gt Qualcomm Atheros it tells me that the device is working fine but then when I try to connect to the internet the text suddenly and only momentarily changes to driver is not installed and the connection fails I've made sure to uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and I've also uninstalled and then reinstalled Qualcomm Atheros multiple times but I'm still having the same issues None of my other devices are having this problem so I know it's not the WiFi that's the problem Are there any other tricks to solve this issue Thanks so much

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/asus-laptop-kicking-me-wifi-4604453/
Relevancy 70.52%

My old mobo(Nforce 680I Lt SLI) got fried somehow, and I took it into fry's to gey repaired. They put in a (Asus P5K-E Wifi edition). I have the latest drivers for it.

Only now, there are periodic slowdowns, (Set harddrive to extreme performance, set power usage to high high performance)

I can't set the sound options in Battlefield 2 to creative X-fi, or the app will freeze up, (Tried reinstalling BF2 and X-fi drivers already) I can't press the simulate Surround Sound button in the console launcher in game mode.(Problems may be related.)

I can't set the BIOS Sata Config to ACHI, and have to use IDE, or windows won't boot.(Partially Solved, Jmicron is set, but drive control panel isn't.)

There are odd coloration spots in the form of rectangles on the monitor, but that ws with my old Mobo too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-asus-p5k-e-wifi-mobo.94090/
Relevancy 70.52%

Good evening all,

My laptop according to the specs has the ability to connect to the 5G network from my network provider but my laptop only shows the 2G network. i can see the 5g network on my phone and connect to it but it doesn't show on this laptop.

I have more recently been playing around with the settings and not sure what I've done but i lose connection every few minutes so i have deleted the driver and reinstalled it which resolved the issue. when searching for driver updates i came across three different drivers for the Wireless, my laptop came pre installed with broadcom but i can see on the support page of Asus for this laptop model that there are downloads for Realtek, Qualcom and ralink.

Can i use any of these or do i have to use Broadcom?

can anyone advise how to unlock the ability to view 5GHz networks?

Relevancy 70.52%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 70.09%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok there are two problems with the release preview of Windows The first and most important is it can t connect to wifi I am thinking a driver issue because I am dual booting with a linux distro and it connects fine It finds my router fine and I type in the key and it says can not connect Ethernet works fine and I did updates through Asus connecting eee wifi screen PC to not and resolution low! too ethernet but still no wifi I tried installing Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low! drivers that came on a disk for XP but they didn t work Also a problem that isn t bothering me that much the screen resolution is x which it needs to be a minimum of x so some applications don t work chrome and windows explorer work good so I am not desperate for a fix I have heard there is a fix by installing a Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low! different driver but I think that Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low! only worked on the customer preview And finally will Windows fix the screen resolution problem I have only been using windows for a few hours but it is really nice on my under powered netbook smoother than XP If they do I will put a touch screen in it and turn it into a awesome piece of kit Thanks nbsp

A:Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low!

The odds that an XP wireless driver will work with Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 is about zero (maybe less). If Windows 8 did not install one then try the latest Windows 7 driver.

And finally will Windows fix the screen resolution problem?Click to expand...

No; that's a function of your screen, display card and driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eee-pc-not-connecting-to-wifi-and-screen-resolution-too-low.1060405/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello everyone

I have a problem with the Wi-FI driver on my laptop ASUS X550JK-XO031D
While installing the drivers from:
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X550JK/HelpDesk_Download/
"Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver" a massage pops out:
"the device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system" and there is no Wifi available adapter afterwards.
It's strange because a week ago, I was installing the same drivers, with the same Win7 64bit, on the same model ASUS X550JK-XO031 and everything worked well.
Now with this unit I'm having problems also with the bluetooth adapter. Please help

p.s Yes I checked the BIOS - it's ok {unlocked}
Yes I checked if the Wi-FI is switched on (with the Fn hotkey button)
here is the DxDiag file

Thanks in advance

A:WiFi driver problem Asus win7 64-bit

PROBLEM SOLVED
Apparently I was using wrong driver the correct is
Ralink WLAN driver and the Bluethooth is also Ralink for model ASUS X550JK-XO031D

Hope this will help other users as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-driver-problem-asus-win7-64-bit.211361/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi. I have a K43SD ASUS laptop.
when I bought it, I installed win7 ultimate x64 and installed drivers from CD and it was working great.
recently I deleted windows and installed the win7 from the same DVD again and installed drivers from the same CD.
but now WiFi driver doesn't work. What should I do?!

A:Asus laptop WiFi Driver problem

Is it turned on? Fn + F2 I believe turns it on and off. Does the wifi card show up correctly in device mnager, with no yellow ! after it? Have you tried the driver available for that model on the ASUS web site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/297866-asus-laptop-wifi-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys as the title says I am having a lot of trouble. I can connect to the internet for about 30mins no problem then out of the blue all of the sudden where my connection is a yellow triangle saying limited connection. The Router I'm running is about oh 4-5 years old mac airport extreme. I have tried everything from changing my power settings to entering commands in the commands promt. I have only had this computer for a week and spent over $1,100 and the experience has been horrible. Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Asus N550J Limited Wifi Problem

4-5 year old router, that would be your issue. Router is starting to fail.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54642-asus-n550j-limited-wifi-problem.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I just got a new Asus Transformer Laptop (Windows 8.1) and am having trouble with it even locating my wifi.

I can see other's that are in my area but not mine. My partner's Asus laptop can find it fine with no issues. There is no Ethernet cable point on the laptop either to try that. I have reset the computer, turned wifi on/off, restored that modem (netgear) back to factory settings to no avail. I am currently using my mobile phone as a personal hotspot and that recognised it quickly. I don't know why my laptop would need to do any updates given that I got it yesterday but it that a possibility??

I am not computer savvy in ANY way to please use simple terms.

It's so upsetting getting a new laptop and not being able to use it.

Please help!

Catherine.

A:New Asus Transformer will not recognise my wifi, others are fine

Probably your new laptop is trying to use only one or a limited number of wifi channels', whereas the netgear is using yet another. Try this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1848693/laptop-detect-home-wireless-netwrok.html
There are other links from that one on the same topic too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-transformer-will-not-recognise-my-wifi-others-are-fine.214712/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a brand new ASUS X54 C laptop. It detects the wireless network, and will connect to the network, but it shows "no internet access." When I ran the troubleshooter it said "default gateway not available." I updated Windows and my drivers, and that did not help. I had Comcast check the new router, and they said it was okay. My cell phone connects to the internet perfectly through the same wifi...I'm out of ideas. I can connect to the internet by ethernet, but that's all.
Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 70.09%

just installed windows 7 - i understand most xp drivers should work.
my problem is i have a p5ke-wifi motherboard and use the onboard wifi to connect to my router.
hmmm . the driver supplied wont install as before it gets to that stage the installation application on the asus supplied cd recognizes the op-sys is not one of its pr-determined ones and says i must have 98/xp/vista etc... to proceed...

any ideas ???
wihout installing this driver - when i try to connect to the network the computer doesn't see the wifi device..... so thats it....

A:ASUS P5KE-WiFi-AP / driver windows 7

Try browsing the CD and find the driver folder.
Just run the driver setup program itself,instead
of running the software installer program.
If that doesn't work,might try going to device
manager,and run update driver from there,then
point it to the driver file on the disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5ke-wifi-ap-driver-windows-7.807539/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi my system AND my problem is almost the same I have rebuilt my wlan today with new hardware and WPA all of my xp machines works fine also other hardware but not my main pc with the asus p w dh deluxe mainboard and wifi-ap solo onboard its built on the realtek rtl chipset and should work with wpa aes the software shipped by asus does not work Realtek Asus AP RTL8187 - WIFI Solo with vista only the drivers but my bit vista doesnt sucessfully connect Asus WIFI AP Solo - Realtek RTL8187 if i enter wrong settings vista notices that im not able to connect to the wlan and if the settings are correct my wlan also appears as connectable in vista but it doesnt connect i think it doesnt even try when i click connect it there happens nothing except of an error message it takes about second thats why i think vista isnt able to try the connection so it must be a driver software problem sorry for my bad englisch but i would be very happy if someone out there is able to help us greetings amp best regards pyrox nbsp

A:Asus WIFI AP Solo - Realtek RTL8187

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-wifi-ap-solo-realtek-rtl8187.603038/
Relevancy 70.09%

I also have a problem with the wifi ap solo.
I have a P5W DH Deluxe motherboard, and I am using 32bit Vista Ultimate. After installing the drivers from the CD there was no icon or anything to click on to open the program. I downloaded the update from the Asus website for the Wifi AP Solo in 32bit Vista. I then did have an icon, on my desktop, but when I try to open it, it pops up for a moment and then disappears, and there is no mini icon in the botton right hand corner of the toolbar. To me it looks like the Asus engineers need to make a simple fix and put it as a download on their site. If anyone else finds a solution to this problem, please do let us know, because I, for one, don't want to have to buy a wireless card when I already have on onboard.

A:Asus Wifi AP Solo with Windows Vista

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-wifi-ap-solo-with-windows-vista.603039/
Relevancy 70.09%

I just waited minutes for the text editor to load on this very forum So I bought an ASUS N JK-CN H days ago WiFi is very slow First let's look at my old situation I used to have an old HP laptop with windows WiFi strength usually indicated bars Speeds were around mbps DL mbps UL according to speedtest net Overall speeds quot felt quot fast Today I have an asus on windows WiFi strength indicates a consistent bars at the same location Download speed now sucks Speedtest net by Ookla - My Results Curious enough upload speeds are still mbps which is better than my download speeds Anything I do feels slow I can barely watch p youtube videos without constant buffering whereas p was no problem before Option my internet is suddenly broken Nope internet is just fine When connecting through ethernet I get mbps DL mbps UL which is pretty much in line with what my ISP promises Option my on WiFi ASUS Slow N551JK-CN130H router is broken Doesn't seem to be the case I used my old laptop and I'm still getting mbps mbps which is what I expected to see Option update your drivers dude According to windows they're already at the most recent version So I tried rolling back to No difference Then I searched google and downloaded a driver that was more recent anyway thanks windows update No difference I tried older drivers newer drivers and no change So yeah why do I have crappy speeds Physically nothing really changed I'm at the same location as before my router is at the same location and my Slow WiFi on ASUS N551JK-CN130H signal strength actually indicates an improvement WiFi adapter Atheros AR WB Driver Version I currently have following networking items - Slow WiFi on ASUS N551JK-CN130H Client for microsoft networks enabled - File and printer sharing for microsoft networks disabled was enabled - QoS Packed Scheduler enabled - Microsoft network adapter Multiplexor Protocol disabled - Microsoft LLDP protocol driver disabled - Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I O Driver disabled was enabled - Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder disabled was enabled - IPv enabled - IPv enabled Power management already disabled the option to turn off the adapter to save power I feel like I've already tried the standard solutions so I'm looking for a more quot expert quot opinion

A:Slow WiFi on ASUS N551JK-CN130H

Curious what kind of result you get when you ping 8.8.8.8 ? I have QoS Packet Scheduler installed and enabled in WiFi setting also, don't know if it will help.

Also look at Tweak #5 here: How to Speed Up Your Internet in Windows 8 (8.1) | Registry Recycler Blog

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59748-slow-wifi-asus-n551jk-cn130h.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hi to everyone. my asus laptop model is N53S and its been disconnecting the wifi connection about 3 month. i dont think the problem is from router because all other devices like android phones and laptops are connected and working properly. my laptop used to disconnect every time that it was hit or i moved it.but now it is disconnected randomly about 5 or 6 times a day even if i dont move it. when its disconnected sometimes the red cross or a yellow triangle appears on the wifi connection and windows functions so slowly and noises starts everytime i try to hear anything. i have tried re installing the wireless adapter in the device manager but it havent been fixed. do you think the wireless adapter should be replaced? what is its problem?

Relevancy 70.09%

NO NETWORK ADDRESS right i just got my new comp my uncle built for me and it has intel quad core processor and gb ram the OS is windows xp pro sp i got problem solo Ap Solved: Asus HELP!!!!! wifi it set up on wednesday and checked everything was running fine i have a Asus wifi AP solo and a orange livebox which is directly connect to the internet via cable it was working fine for the first day i got all the programs i wanted off the internet fine msn Solved: Asus wifi Ap solo problem HELP!!!!! etc and left it on over night to run a few things and the next day was still running fine so i turned it off during the night and the day after when i woke up and turned my pc on the wireless asus card can pick up signal from my live box but the asus WLAN program is not showing the IP address or the Subnet mask or even a Gateway address basically no network address s are showing and ive been trying to figure it out for hoursss and its bugging me i tried manually configuring the addresses and the network connected again Solved: Asus wifi Ap solo problem HELP!!!!! but still doesnt show the address s so i can connect to the network but not to the internet i checked the router the DCHP server is on and i could go on the internet on my psp and this comp which is directly connected to the live box but no luck on the wireless pleaseeeeeeeeeee helppppppppppppppp Solved: Asus wifi Ap solo problem HELP!!!!! i can t find any answers on google either so please any suggestions would be much appriciated nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I am using Windows Vista Ultimate bit And my motherboard supports wifi networking I want to use it as an access point WiFi/Networking Windows ASUS VISTA P5K-E for my PSPs the Wii then eventually the Xbox To start simple I am trying to browse the Internet on my PSP via this connection but I can t get it to work I believe I have configured it all correctly and there shouldnt be a problem here but it fails at the quot Obtaining IP address quot part - Windows VISTA ASUS P5K-E WiFi/Networking I get the following message on the PSP A Windows VISTA ASUS P5K-E WiFi/Networking connection error has occurred The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out Connection Name Schmutz-PC AP SSID Schmutz-PC AP I m sure if anything its the PC that isn t configured correctly because I have used the PSP online via other wifi connections before Just to note the PC obtains its internet connection through my host computer and Internet connection sharing but that shouldnt be a problem I hope someone could direct me to or if it doesn t take much time which Im sure it won t write a small step by step guide how I can Windows VISTA ASUS P5K-E WiFi/Networking get this up and running Secondly I have had problems using PCI network cards on my vista machine it doesnt detect them Is this because there are not drivers for windows vista yet I do have a new NC- TX-R gigabit network card in the house but its for another computer would vista identify that one I have drivers for it on a floppy unlike the others Thanks in advance folks Schmutz nbsp

A:Windows VISTA ASUS P5K-E WiFi/Networking

Vista has a much more complex firewall/security feature... I just set up a network between a wireless laptop with Vista Home Premium, and a wired PC using XP Pro. The PC was wired into a Linksys Wireless Router and it accessed the Internet, and the HP Laptop was configured to the Linksys for wireless Internet connectivity. Wth DHCP enabled active, setup a home or small office network, and enable printer and file sharing.

"Secondly, I have had problems using PCI network cards on my vista machine, it doesnt detect them. Is this because there are not drivers for windows vista yet? I do have a new NC-1000TX-R (gigabit network card) in the house but its for another computer, would vista identify that one? (I have drivers for it on a floppy unlike the others)"...

If these cards aren't detected (and I assume they are wired cards) they will have to be detected before you can think about using wired networking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-asus-p5k-e-wifi-networking.89910/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys.

I am in a fix. My motherboard is an Asus P5B MX / Wifi AP. It says that it can support FSB up to 1066 MHz. But on their website there is O.C. written against it. What exactly does that mean?

I want to upgrade my current P4 processor and get the E 7400 Core 2 Duo. Will the motherboard support it?

Please help. Thanks.

A:Is Intel E 7400 Supported On Asus P5B MX WiFi AP?

No.

Here is the link to your CPU support list:
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5B-MX/WiFi-AP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-intel-e-7400-supported-on-asus-p5b-mx-wifi-ap.118081/
Relevancy 70.09%

wifi switch on asus k55v not working. it used to work just fine till yesterday but when i tried it today the switch didnt work.the wifi is working though i just have to troubleshoot the network and sharing and it applies a fix to switch on wifi adapter then it works but the function-switch(f2) is not working

A:wifi switch on asus k55v not working

Hi gsk ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Download the Function Key Software from the Asus website

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307700-wifi-switch-asus-k55v-not-working.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Days ago i bought new laptop asus x s but until this time i can not figure out how to make this new lapton connect to internet Wifi access Buy internet Asus no wifi laptop, always New but is connected but it always no internet access My spec Windows bit Wireless Qualcomm Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter I m trying to go to device manager and i see that this driver software is uptodate I try disable my windows firewall unistall avast antivirus and it still says no internet access I go to this wireless adapter properties looking at IPv and IPv everything is ok it checked obtain ip address automatically obtain dns automatically I try to uninstall driver from device manager then install it again but no success Below are the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Buy New Asus laptop, but wifi always no internet access Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users PERSONAL Co gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PERSONAL Buy New Asus laptop, but wifi always no internet access Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ff f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Februari Lease Expires Februari Default Gateway fe c ff fec bef DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -B - C- - E-C -D -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A - - D- D-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - A- A- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B CE-DCA - F -BC C-C A CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users PERSONAL Co gt I try to ping google com but the result is could not find host google com i try to ping the result is always timeout -- Anybody can help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buy-new-asus-laptop-but-wifi-always-no-internet-access.1165480/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an Asus laptop with a Atheros AR wireless network adapter I've owned the laptop for a year and a half Asus laptop adapter keeps Wifi on off turning and never had a problem until the last - weeks The wireless adapter turns itself off randomly I can be in the middle of something and my connection is gone I click on troubleshooting and it tells me it is off so I turn it back on and it will work for a while longer until it decides to do it again I have disabled all other network adapters I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them I don't know what is causing this It all started after I hooked up a router via ethernet to set it up about months ago It was only connected for minutes while I set it up but ever since then my wifi adapter will not stay on Like I said it happens when I'm using the computer not just when it's idle Any ideas what I could try Thanks Scott

A:Wifi adapter keeps turning off on Asus laptop

Hello,

Does your connection disappear at random times? You might want to take a look at my thread as we have possibly the same problem. If we do, we could help each other when finding the solution.

I have got win 7 64-bit on asus laptop as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336040-wifi-adapter-keeps-turning-off-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Days ago i bought new laptop asus x s but until this time i can not figure out how to make this new lapton connect to internet Wifi is connected but it always 'no internet access' My spec Windows bit Wireless Qualcomm Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter I'm trying to go to device manager and always New wifi access no laptop, Asus but internet Buy i see that this driver software is uptodate I try disable my windows firewall unistall avast antivirus and it still says no internet access I go Buy New Asus laptop, but wifi always no internet access to this wireless adapter properties looking at IPv and IPv everything is ok it checked obtain ip address automatically obtain dns automatically I try to uninstall driver from device manager then install it again but no success ' Below are the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users PERSONAL Co gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PERSONAL Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ff f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Februari Lease Expires Februari Default Gateway fe c ff fec bef DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -B - C- - E-C -D -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A - - D- D-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - A- A- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B CE-DCA - F -BC C-C A CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users PERSONAL Co gt I try to ping google com but the result is could not find host google com i try to ping the result is always timeout -- Anybody can help me

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/73818-buy-new-asus-laptop-but-wifi-always-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi All I just started toying with Windows bit and I've hit my first snag a common one it seems getting my onboard surround to work Mobo is an Asus P K Premium WiFi At first before installing any drivers it worked perfectly fine in the sound test all speakers But I can't seem to make Media Player use em or the one game I've installed Asus Premium here? an P5K WiFi mobo running Anyone Fallout In both cases only the fronts work I'm assuming this is a driver issue as it works fine in bit Vista I tried installing the last Vista bit driver but I get the same results the configuration tester app works fine but only the front speakers work Anyone running an Asus P5K Premium WiFi mobo here? in Fallout and WMP The driver I used was AD BBlackHawk V JVBWHQL zip Any Anyone running an Asus P5K Premium WiFi mobo here? idea if such a driver exists for Windows I found this one in another post DLing now but I'm not Anyone running an Asus P5K Premium WiFi mobo here? sure if it's the right one for my mobo SoundmaxAdi bYCrYs rar Any clues guys Thanks Bart

A:Anyone running an Asus P5K Premium WiFi mobo here?

Hi,
I am running the P5k Premium motherboard and I'm not getting any sound at all. Driver says it is installed and working ok and I can't installany other drivers as it comes up saying OS not supported with the version.

Thanks

Graham

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/16394-anyone-running-asus-p5k-premium-wifi-mobo-here.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an Asus laptop with Windows 8.1 X64 System,
since i got it i installed Alfa '' AWUS036H'' wireless adapter and it was working just fine,
But few months ago i deleted something by mistake and since then the alfa adapter isn't working any more..
i've tried every thing i could to fix it but i keep failing so far,
now when i connect the adapter to the usb port it keeps turning it self on and off and the usb drive mark on the tool bar keeps flashing till i remove it again,

can any one please help me fixing this?
Regards

A:Wifi adapter keeps turning off on Asus laptop

well go to the website of the usb wifi adapter and download the latest driver/software..

uninstall the anything you see related to the usb wifi adapter.. like in your "programs and features" .. uninstall the wifi adapter drivers..

then restart your computer.. take out your usb adapter.. restart..

then leave your usb adapter unplugged and then run ccleaner if you have it and registry clean.. and then install the software/driver you downloaded from your maker of the usb wifi adapter.. then plug in your usb wifi adapter..

start with that.. thats a rough way to do it..

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59549-wifi-adapter-keeps-turning-off-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I recently bought myself the asus 1201T notebook with DOS and installed Win 7 Ultimate. I recieved a cd with my notebook and copied the data on a pendrive and installed the drivers through auto setup. That did not seem to work so I manually installed setup of the Drivers. Yet my Wi-fi doesnt seem to work. Please help

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi everyone, i bought new router, this model http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN10E/, and when i want to acces router settings on 192.168.1.1 i get this "broken" screen http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Mil...40278358294_1583694773_o_zpsbc7051e6.jpg.html. I tried on different pc and on different browsers and i get the same result. I hope someone has an idea what might be the problem. Thanks.

A:Problem with ASUS RT-N10E wifi router

For a computer running Windows connected to the router ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-asus-rt-n10e-wifi-router.1124423/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey I am planning on building a gaming PC for myself After some research I am having trouble deciding between these mobo - ASUS P N -SLI PREMIUM WiFi-AP nVIDIA nFORCE SLI CHIPSET with eVGA GeForce GX Video Card ASUS P W DH Deluxe with Sapphire Radeon X XTX MB I plan to use crossfire SLI will buy the nd card after a couple of months and SATA disks in raid config as I will be using the same PC for wrk and Vs. PREMIUM/WiFi-AP P5W DH ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe require data back-up In either case I would have the following components - - Intel Core Duo E - GHz MB Shared L - Seagate ASUS P5N32-SLI PREMIUM/WiFi-AP Vs. P5W DH Deluxe Gbps GB RPM MB Barracuda - NEC ND- A X DVD -RW - OCZ Titanium Alpha VX GB x GB DDR - - - - Also need to decide on the case amp power supply cooling system no water for me I would appreciate if the folks could help me make a decision on the mobo Also if there is an alternate mobo or any other component that you would suggest Thanks nbsp

A:ASUS P5N32-SLI PREMIUM/WiFi-AP Vs. P5W DH Deluxe

Since you want the super high-end I'd wait a month for Geforce 8800 and the new Nforce Intel edition mobos.

The P5W DH has easy back-up for driverless raid.

I like this COOLER MASTER Praetorian Aluminum ATX Tower Case, and a 700w FSP power supply. It is the same one as the 700w OCZ GameXstream and some others made by FSP. It is powerful enough for Quad SLi, it should run G80 well too.

For cooling stock will be fine. If you want more quiet a Freezer7 pro, and if you want to overclock a Scythe SCINF-1000. If you do want to overclock deficiently go with a P5W DH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n32-sli-premium-wifi-ap-vs-p5w-dh-deluxe.61318/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I've WiFi Asus laptop's My doesn't work had it for years I didn't have trouble with the WiFi for a My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work few months but then it My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn't help There was a cycle The built-in wasn't working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I've installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here's what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn't work it can't connect to any networks I have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says 'no connections are available' It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability' I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work

Most tech enthusiasts would never run the corrupt factory preinstall with all of the bloatware that throttles Win7 native performance, but instead get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Follow the steps about putting your wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided by installer you can install it to connect to your netowrk and get online quickly.

Then if you stick with the tools and methods given in the tutorial only, you'll get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274473-my-asus-laptops-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, I am new to the forums and hope I am post this thread in the right section.

Anyway, on with my problem... I was cleaning up my hard drive and uninstalling all of my programs that I don't use. Without realising I uninstalled Atheros. I have tried finding it but haven't been able to. I am using a 64bit ASUS A53TK NoteBook. Thanks.

A:Atheros (accidentally) uninstalled - No WiFi for my ASUS A53TK

Is this what you're looking for?

https://us.driverscollection.com/_44...-7-64-bit-free

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/355465-atheros-accidentally-uninstalled-no-wifi-my-asus-a53tk.html
Relevancy 69.23%

This one is a little different than the other problems people are having with this hardware I have Vista Home Premium and WIRED internet connection goes right to the router and DSL modem - AP M2N32-SLI Realtek ASUS RTL8187 WIFI - Solo The second onboard gigabit LAN I have disabled from BIOS BUT I have this awesome WIFI-AP Solo option which promises to create an quot AP quot which is an access point I use a Windows function called quot ICS quot which means Internet Connection Sharing I ve had ASUS M2N32-SLI - WIFI AP Solo - Realtek RTL8187 so many problems and bonked into a lot of brick walls but even after figuring out a bunch of stuff I fear I am at a dead end Please help anybody in the know The router is set up as and has netmask ASUS M2N32-SLI - WIFI AP Solo - Realtek RTL8187 of don t ask me why don t ASUS M2N32-SLI - WIFI AP Solo - Realtek RTL8187 know amp don t care I set up the IP on the gigabit lan to be and the gateway is set to I have all the DNS numbers from my ISP and I have absolutely no problem with wired internet I can see the XP computers on the intranet and everything My wired network is SORTED What I want to do is create this access point so that the kid s Nintendo Wii amp DS can connect wirelessly and do its thing YES I am a cheapskate saving on a USB wireless access point but that is not the point This thing has an awesome antenna that really throws out the signal I downloaded the very latest WIFI AP-Solo program dated -Mar- here is the spec ASUS WiFi-AP Solo driver V - for VISTA bit bit Enable support for WPA encrypton under Ad-hoc mode Add error message display when SSID has been left empty under wireless setup Wizard Enhance ICS support Add limit to the number of charactors allowed to be entered as SSID under Wizard mode Fix failed to site survey in certain platform Improve G only AP connection compatibility I have two network connectors activated one is the wired one and the other is the wireless one If I tell the wireless one under quot sharing quot tab that it is to quot permit other users on this network to access the internet quot then it forces the LAN network to use the IP address So that explains that It meant I had to go to the router and figure out how to reconfigure it to something else such as So far so good But what keeps happening is the wireless network keeps coming up with quot limited connectivity quot I tried everything six ways from Sunday but I just cannot shake that limited connectivity tag that Vista gives it I tried disabling ICS and hooking them together with Bridge Connection I tried turning on the RIP function I even activated some more functions using services msc that I read might work on another forum No Success And yet I can walk nearly darn near around the block with connection maintained with my Nokia albeit no internet access The only clue I can find is that the ASUS WIFI-AP Solo application says I have it set up as an AP in quot infrastructure quot mode whereas when I click network amp sharing in control panel and look at the spec under Windows it says it is in quot Ad Hoc quot mode Oh and I uninstalled the WIFI AP Solo utility and tried to use Windows to establish a totally windows controlled quot Ad Hoc quot network but no luck Any help anyone Thanks a billion in advance nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Every time I restart or turn on my ASUS U JC laptop functioning on Windows after shutting it down I cannot connect to any WiFi networks because it tells me that no connections are available when I am positive that there ARE networks I temporarily address this issue by going to Start gt gt Device Manager gt gt Network Adapters gt gt Highlight quot Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter quot gt gt Uninstall gt gt Scan for hardware changes which reinstalls the adapter gt gt it detect not reboots time Laptop ASUS does every Wifi Problem temporarily solved but passwords for wireless connections I've previously connected to are wiped out This isn't solving the problem because every time I shut down my computer the issue comes back when I turn it back on I have tried to reinstall ASUS Laptop does not detect Wifi every time it reboots the WiFi driver from ASUS but to no avail I am a complete dummy when it comes to these hardware software things Could someone help Thanks so much - - - - - From the sticky Is this a ASUS Laptop does not detect Wifi every time it reboots wired or wireless connection issue Wireless Who is your Internet Service Provider ISP StarHub I'm from Singapore What type of Broadband connection are you using I'm not too sure about this Fibre optics I guess What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem Router or Modem Router Combo Nucleus Connect modem and D-Link router What is the Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic computer Norton

A:ASUS Laptop does not detect Wifi every time it reboots

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Before Installing the Driver for your Wireless Card .. Install the ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility ... It should Install proper then ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333662-asus-laptop-does-not-detect-wifi-every-time-reboots.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey everyone,

I have an Asus N56VJ running Win8.1 and for the last few days I experiencing issues with WiFi at home.

My case: After an update my laptop started to have problems using WiFi. At the beginning started to slowing down, then limited access and so on as you can guess.

What I have done so far: 1. Troubleshooting - fixes the problem for no more than a few minutes. It says " Problem with wirelss adapter or access point". I know my router works fine due I'm connected right now on my phone. 2. Uninstall network driver and installing it again. 3. TCP, IP, DNC reset. 4. Power Management and in unchecking the option.

Seems nothing worked for me. Matter of fact it has gotten worst and now my internet access last for seconds. What else could be done before I go ahead and take it to bb or microcenter?

Thank you.

A:Asus N56VJ WiFi connectivity issues after update

Originally Posted by TitoValchev

Hey everyone,

I have an Asus N56VJ running Win8.1 and for the last few days I experiencing issues with WiFi at home.

My case: After an update my laptop started to have problems using WiFi. At the beginning started to slowing down, then limited access and so on as you can guess.

What I have done so far: 1. Troubleshooting - fixes the problem for no more than a few minutes. It says " Problem with wirelss adapter or access point". I know my router works fine due I'm connected right now on my phone. 2. Uninstall network driver and installing it again. 3. TCP, IP, DNC reset. 4. Power Management and in unchecking the option.

Seems nothing worked for me. Matter of fact it has gotten worst and now my internet access last for seconds. What else could be done before I go ahead and take it to bb or microcenter?

Thank you.

With any problem that relates to a Windows update you should use system restore to restore your system to a point before the update occurred. Windows typically creates a restore point before updating the system for this reason.

Be sure and go through the pending Windows updates after the restore so you can hide the problematic update which will prevent it from reinstalling. The problematic update is most likely a driver update for the network adaptor.

System Restore - How to Do in Windows 8

You could also try installing the Asus driver for your Asus N56VJ directly from the Asus site.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download N56VJ

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/43956-asus-n56vj-wifi-connectivity-issues-after-update.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to Windows 7. Installed today, everything seems to work fine... except.. I can not find the WiFi drivers for the ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi-AP mobo (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.).

Tried to run the setup on my old cd w/ Vista compability, but that didn't seem to work. Then I found some drivers here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Motherboard
Socket 775

P5K Deluxe/Wifi-AP

I find a lot of different drivers on the site, just not the one for wireless (it is on the list for win vista though, but that one isn't compatible w/ win7)

Does anyone here know where to find the wireless driver, or when it eventually might be released?

Thank you for help!

-Christina

A:Win7 compartible drivers for ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi-AP

Quote: Originally Posted by MiniTini

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to Windows 7. Installed today, everything seems to work fine... except.. I can not find the WiFi drivers for the ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi-AP mobo (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.).

Tried to run the setup on my old cd w/ Vista compability, but that didn't seem to work. Then I found some drivers here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Motherboard
Socket 775

P5K Deluxe/Wifi-AP

I find a lot of different drivers on the site, just not the one for wireless (it is on the list for win vista though, but that one isn't compatible w/ win7)

Does anyone here know where to find the wireless driver, or when it eventually might be released?

Thank you for help!

-Christina

Hi christina and welcome
The vista driver is probably compatible. It just needs to be installed in compatibility mode. when you tried that one did you do that?

EDIT BTW either of these should work from your link

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/39970-win7-compartible-drivers-asus-p5k-deluxe-wifi-ap.html
Relevancy 69.23%

So I wanted to restore my PC by down grading from win8 to win7 ( I've done that many times )
but I never use the same .iso file, and this time, when I download the proper file to get my wifi working ( I'm using an asus k55a ) it unfortunately doesn't work.

It says "The installation XML file is either missing or corrupted. The setup application will exit! "
I've searched and I couldn't find any help to get this problem gone so I decided to go back to window 8, but I'm not able to boot from any .iso file, neither in window7
For some reasons I can only boot from DVD/CD but when I get to boot nothing happen ...

So I'm a bit stuck here, if someone could give me any advice that would be much appreciated,

regards, william.

A:Can't get wifi driver to work on Asus K55A laptop

You dloaded the driver directly from Asus and it still says it`s corrupted ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358346-cant-get-wifi-driver-work-asus-k55a-laptop.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi installed Windows 8.1 and had no problems. All drivers seemed to install themselves automatically. Then I realized neither of the dual Ethernet ports are installed and neither show up in device manager. Are there some updated win 8 drivers for this board that Im missing?

System info
q6600
Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi/AP edition
G Skill DDR2 Mem
Win8.1

One of the ethernet cards is named Marvell Yukon but Im not sure of the other.

WEBSITE FOR THE BOARD HERE

A:Ethernet drivers for ASUS P5k Deluxe Wifi-AP Windows 8.1

From Motherboards - P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP - ASUS your board has these 2 LAN adapters:
Marvell88E8056? PCI-E LAN controllers
RealtekRTL8110SC? PCI LAN controller
Should find drivers on Motherboards - P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP - ASUS .
Downside is having to download on a different computer first, at least until one LAN is working.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59274-ethernet-drivers-asus-p5k-deluxe-wifi-ap-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an Asus U50F Laptop and the external wireless switch to turn the WiFi on/off isn't working. The splash screen will show up indicating I turned off my WiFi but then nothing happens and I still have a wireless connection.

A:External Asus WiFi Switch Doesn't Work

I managed to fix this by installing the Asus wireless console 3. Delete this thread please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135067-external-asus-wifi-switch-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there i am having quite a few problems with my wifi. To start with my wifi dropped out at home (i discovered an annoying power save feature that turns this off). The second problem involved unsecured wifi hotspots, i struggle at times to connect and then it drops out very quickly. I have tried updating drivers, turning off roaming,Selecting HT Mode, and change the value to HT Mode 20|40. I also tried some commands in Command prompt admin. These steps have given me access to unsecured wifi say at Starbucks and elsewhere, however, connection is fleeting.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/unsecured-wifi-drop-out-my-asus-n551vw-windows-4599139/
Relevancy 69.23%

I received a replacement laptop via warranty (a refurb Asus) with Windows 8 and I keep loosing my internet connection via wifi (home wireless network) when my iPad and two iPhones stay connected to the same wifi network. It will at first tell me access is restricted then I have lost connection completely and must click and re connect...so far it's been 4 times in the last hour while other days I stay connected no problem.

A:Asus laptop won't stay connected to internet (via wifi)

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-wont-stay-connected-to-internet-via-wifi.1111600/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I recently bought Asus P E -Deluxe-WiFi-AP and I got an annoying sound problem Everything I hear on P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi bugged! Asus Sound AP. HELP! the computer songs ingame sounds voices on teamspeak is reproduced on the microphone It s irritating especially when I use some voice program like teamspeak or skype because the other person speaks and hears the quot echo quot of his own voice or any other sound I am listening to in my computer Before someone asks I use a HELP! Asus P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi AP. Sound bugged! headset so the problem is the sound configuration Every buddy that tried to help me with this problem have sound cards whose drivers allow the user to set the quot line volume quot I guess it s how it is said in english since I ve only read this in portuguese quot volume de linha quot Setting this quot line volume quot to no sound solves the problem for them but my sound card s driver doesn t allow it You can see bellow a screenshot of my volume control panel unfortunatelly in portuguese Does anyone have any clues I don t know if it helps or even if there is any difference but I use the frontal jacks from my cabinet Maxxtro s Jupiter not the jacks on the sound card itself that are located on the cabinet s back Thanks a lot and sorry for the bad english nbsp

A:HELP! Asus P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi AP. Sound bugged!

Well, in fact i just realized that the problem happens even if I don't use any jack. Just joining teamspeak now and the sound message "member joined" was "said" by my computer to the other members, without any microphones or speakers connected...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-asus-p5e3-deluxe-wifi-ap-sound-bugged.756170/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar