Windows Support Forum

ODDPWR has stopped working and ePowertray has stopped working

Q: ODDPWR has stopped working and ePowertray has stopped working

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ODDPWR has stopped working and ePowertray has stopped working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 138.26%

just now when i turned on my computer a box appeared and teling ODDPWR has stopped working..i noticed some of my gadgets isnt starting on startup..so i opened the gadgets on the right click menu and yet another box telling ePowerTray has stopped working..im using acer aspire 4745 g ,windows 7 home premium 64 bit..what is causing these??how do i solve it?

A:ePowerTray and ODDPWR has stopped working

i tried many times to open the gadget menu..but it didnt started..restarted the computer many times..and on each trial still didnt get to open it..both of the "has stopped working" box appeared each time..after countless tries..eventually i managed to open the gadget menu..and i suspect one of the gadget is causing the trouble..its the CPU meter by orbmu2k..it also didnt appear on the desktop like other gadgets and i even couldnt uninstall it..the CPU usage get alot higher than usual when i started the gadgets..so i closed all the gadgets..but what does it has anything to do with the epowertray?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epowertray-and-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.982834/
Relevancy 108.5%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 82.77%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 107.93%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hey, Fellas, I'm back.
Lately when I've tried looking at different folders and files on my hard drives I keep getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart." It's driving me nuts, I can barely do anything.
Also, same thing with Internet Explorer...I'm getting real sick of Vista's shoddiness..

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Working, Internet Explorer Stopped Working, what DOES work?

Hi,
Have a look at the events log and make a virus scan too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170404-windows-explorer-stopped-working-internet-explorer-stopped-working-what-does-work.html
Relevancy 100.19%

When I go to open HP MediaSmart, on the drop down menu I click on Video. It opens briefly and about 5 seconds I get the message "HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will notify me if a solution is available.  I ran the sfc.exe (system file checker tool from microsoft as administrator)  and it passed with result of "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".I can play a DVD, i can open my photos but I can't view my videos or load any new ones using HP MediaSmart.I have restarted the computer several times with no help.Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Media-Video-has-stopped-working-A-problem-stopped-the/td-p/5786575
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello:
The mouse started to stray and stopped working in the middle of doing something, i.e. eBay, typing word and etc. which is very annoying and first of all, I lose all of the work done due to stopping of the mouse.

However, the mouse started working as if nothing wrong, once I restarted by 'force' restart ..... pushing the button in the middle of the PC. Otherwise, the PC is all fine and working OK.

I did apply Malwarebytes to combat the issue, however the issue does not resolve.

Any help on this would be truoly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Mouse stopped working in the middle of working, i.e. eBay, typing word, etc.

Did you try a different mouse? If you still have the same problem with a new mouse, see if there are any drivers for the mouse from it's manufacturers web site.
Also try a Clean Boot, if that works, then add one startup item at a time till the mouse acts weird again, then you know that is the problematic program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stopped-working-in-the-middle-of-working-i-e-ebay-typing-word-etc-869906.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a lot of issues with my computer and using the internet I keep getting messages such as windows explorer has stopped working and Host process for windows services stopped working I haven t been able to stream services for Host stopped Windows / working explorer process stopped has windows videos with the exception of youtube download certain programs and browsing sites is slow I remember my computer being fine until a window update but I don t know if that s a coincidence or not I have tired uninstalling windows explorer and system restore to no avail I would really appreciate any help or Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped advice Here is a report for one of the error messages I received Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangXProcB Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp cf Hang Signature Hang Type Waiting on Application Name iexplore exe Waiting on Application Version OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature a d f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature a d Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd

A:Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped

Do things get better if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508582/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped/
Relevancy 92.88%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 92.88%

I have had a rather large problem over the last couple of days It started earlier in the week when one drive stopped working Not a big problem I ve had drives fail before disks so i can handle one less for a little while i though Not so though while still waiting for my new drive using my computer like usual with less load on unit D i suddenly start getting as Disks - Volume working, RAID the but Stopped Working 5 listed are write-errors to D and the Intel Matrix Storage Console RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working lists it as Stopped Working instead of Degraded Nothing changed RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working except for the status of the Volume all the disks read the same as before fully functional I have very little experience with these sort of matters This is the first time I ve lost a drive where i might lose data as well and i have pretty much no idea where to go from here I ve tried to replace the faulty disk with another GB drive but the RAID-setup in BIOS just tells me there isn t enough space and the Console in Windows places the new drive as a Non-RAID drive I can mark it as reserve but that seems to be all i can do with it I m not hopefully asking for miracles I have just two things that i really need to retrieve from the Volume my Firefox sessions saved in a separate folder at the root of the drive and my Thunderbird mail stored in their standard location as my whole Windows-profile is on that drive Everything else i can get again Well not really i have stuff stored up from - years back from people who has withdrawn from the net and taken everything with them or died Old stuff that is no longer available on the net and so on But i could live with that loss It would be hard but i could do it The mail though stretch almost the whole way to when i first started using internet back in DOS and the Firefox sessions contain close to a hundred windows in total and probably over a thousand tabs Most i will never be able to find again no matter how long or hard i search That s a pretty devastating blow The thought of loosing all that is making me nauseous Any help i can get to retrieve the data is appreciated I couldn t put into words how thankful i would be if i got it back ASUS Maximus Formula SE motherboard now x Western Digital GB Caviar Anyting else you need to know please ask Any help at all is welcome nbsp

A:RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-disks-are-working-but-the-volume-listed-as-stopped-working.898682/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi! I am repeatedly getting the error "Internet Explorer not working" / Windows checking for solution/Last browsing closed unexpectedly , then Restore Session. I went to google to find a fix for this error .I'm being told to Press Window + W key then type in Troubleshooting in the Search box , then enter View All ,then Click IE Performance, then click Advanced etc..... The problem is that when I get to the Search box I start to type in the Troubleshooting and after one keystroke of the T, the computer automatically goes back to my desktop home page. The search engine box will not let me fix this problem. Can somebody help me ? Thanks so much! I have IE 10 and recently upgraded to the windows 8.1 from the Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago.

A:IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Are you sure you have Windows 8.1? If you were you would have IE 11
From the Charms bar search System and verify if indeed you have Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/56526-ie-10-stopped-working-error-search-engine-not-working.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 87.29%

My usb gamepad stopped working suddenly and never work again in this computer

I tried the gamepad in other computers and it works good, but not in this computer, I tried to reinstall windows several times, install all kind of drivers, I tried to configure it in different ways and its not working yet.

I get error code 43 all time in this computer.

any idea how can I fix it?

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60693-usb-gamepad-stopped-working-not-working-any-more.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have used "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) listing my ACDC file viewer. I listedACDC because after it completes normally each time, there is an error message that says "Application has stopped working." I no longer want to see this error message.I use ACDC 7 for viewing and editing graphic files, here with this Windows 7 (64) system.

I usually select files with Windows Explorer, and they open using ACDC.

When I close the last file viewed, I get this error message that says "ACDSee 7.0 Application has stopped working"Installations of this ACDC on other Windows 7 computers do not have this issue. So I need to resolve it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a0063f4-dcb4-41ea-bc25-ca31ca73058d/dep-not-working-after-program-ends-normally-error-message-still-says-quotapplication-has-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 85.57%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi

I play a lot of BF3.

Win 7 had no problems.

But on Win8 I get a lot of bf3.exe have stopped working.

Wonder if its a Win or game problem?

A:BF3.exe have stopped working

I have had the same issue with every Windows 8 release, even now with the RTM. I think it must be driver related

It is also possible that it is a Punkbuster problem. They said that they will have full support for Windows 8 ready on the release day

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/7428-bf3-exe-have-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Need help here,

I've installed Win XP pro with no service packs onto a machine that had Win XP home SP2 (because they lost the recovery disks), now none of the usb 2.0 ports work. I remembered that SP2 has the drivers for usb 2.0 after I'd installed it. Can't download SP2 either.

Tried updating the USB driver and am told i'm missing file usbehci.sys

Looked everywhere on the net for it and ended up in survey hungry sites that that don't deliver drivers as promised.

Any ideas???

A:USB stopped working

marcfell27 said:

Can't download SP2 either.Click to expand...

You tried here didn`t you ? - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

You can order it on CD too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stopped-working.47570/
Relevancy 84.28%

Client keeps getting the IE stopped working message.
We did a "Reset" of IE through the Control panel.
We uninstall IE 11 and have IE 10 installed. But it also get the error.

Error log states that there is a error with Kernelbase.dll in C:\Windows\sysywow64
I have seen "Fixes" to remove this file but then there have been postings about it being a system file and NOT to remove it.

Is it safe to delete or rename this kernelbase.dll file?

I see a lot of REGISTRY Cleaners out there that say they will clean up this error, but I do NOT trust the cleaner?
Will CCleaner solve this issue?

Or is there a GOOD SAFE remover for this error?

IE will not stay running but we do have Chrome running. The client is like me he does not want anything but IE for a browser.

Relevancy 84.28%

Some person I know is a total computer-newbie and they installed DSL yesterday.

It was working fine until today.

In like 10 minutes I'm about to go to their house which is like.. what.. 40 minutes away? They use Windows 2000 Professional (No service packs, since they don't know about it), hmm..
That's about all I know about this.

Some help would be appreciated if at all, since I never used DSL before or know what it is.. I know it stands for Digital Subscriber Line though..

A:DSL stopped working

if they are using a router reset it if just a modem reset it if no reset button on the modem pull the power plug to reset and reboot the computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-stopped-working.165755/
Relevancy 84.28%

windows live messenger has stopped working. What does this mean. I have received this with msn and internet broswer 8. is this a common problem
might go back to xp -Should never have said this. Windows 7 is great

A:stopped working

Please update your system specs. The link is in my signature. You are going to go back to XP because messenger is acting up? That seems a bit extreme.

Can you log into your Live account from another machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/33079-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

When i try to open some aplications i get this message
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

but it never is. please help me !!

A:___ has stopped working

Quote: Originally Posted by neverletyougo

When i try to open some aplications i get this message
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

but it never is. please help me !!

How about your system specs and what application are not responding? My crystal ball is in for repairs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/207484-___-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Biostar 6100-M9....i have read on the forum already regarding this subjuect, but none of that has helpped me, i have deleted them from device manager and reinstaled the drivers. they stil dont work. also i know its getting power cause i have my 360 controler plugged in and the lights are blinking, but windows 7 isnt picking it up.

Hi

are they an onboard USB, or front panel ones,

Onboard ones can go defective,
front panel ones may not be wired up correctly inside.

Is your board W7 compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stopped-working.143614/
Relevancy 84.28%

My Wife's PC crashes regularly. The Reliability Monitor shows no problems except for Windows Failures. The error message is always the same 0X000000d1(0X0000008, 0X0000002,0X0000001,0X8342f796).

I have run Scannow which found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I have tried to access the log but "Access is Denied".

I am not confident that this will solve the problem. Is there anything else I can do?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1200 Series, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 303940 MB, Free - 161186 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M2A-VM HDMI
Antivirus: BitDefender Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all.

I'm running xp home SP3 I have tried a different keyboard and tried a variety of searches on the net, all to no avail.

It probably has something to do with SP3 but the win key does nothing, nada, zilch. It wont even bring the start screen up.

I would very much appreciate your help with this exercise in frutration.

Many thanks.

A:win key has stopped working

The easiest way to test is to plug in a different keyboard into your computer, and to plug in your keyboard into another computer. If the keyboard works fine in another computer, then it's your configuration. If it also fails to work in a different computer, then the problem is probably the keyboard. As for configuration problem I wouldn't know where to start. Make sure you have a 104 or 105-key keyboard as your keyboard in your settings (rather than a 101-key keyboard, which doesn't handle the windows key).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-key-has-stopped-working-314403.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all, have a problem with usb drivers according to my control panel which says it is fixing the issue and then tells me to reboot but it is not fixed. Keyboard lights up on start but when the first blue window appears it goes off. I can get into the bios ok and the keyboard works there. only one port is working (USB3). as my mouse and keyboard are usb and there is no PS2 port i am kinda cactus at the moment. Been searching for usb drivers for win 10 but not having any luck. Everything was working fine since November until yesterday. would appreciate any help. Regards Alec

A:usb stopped working

Try sfc /scannow (run elevated command prompt)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37976-usb-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop 1525 that I purchased only a month ago. My dvd mysteriously and suddenly stopped working. It isn't listed under 'my computer'. In device manager it has an exclamation point and when I click to see what the error is it reads, 'This device cannot start (code 10)' It says 'Could not load driver software.' I have tried to update the driver but it says that it is up to date. I have uninstalled the dvd and reinstalled it but the problem is still there. I have done a system restore to a point that I know it was working but it didn't fix it. The only other thing I can think of is restoring factory settings but I'm hoping I won't have to resort to that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:DVD RW stopped working

click here to go to dell support site.
Click downloads
Identify your computer (or you can give it permission by Choose by Tag/Find My Service Tag let it identify your machine
You'll get a page with all drivers for all devices that are a Dell option for that machine
Check the name of the DVD device (per Device Manager) and find this exact device listed among Dell's DVD drivers (they usually sell several different ones, and they all have drivers listed. Make sure you pick right one)
Download the file
Uninstall the old device
Double click on the driver download file and it will do the rest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rw-stopped-working.115379/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have XP SP2. I bought an iPod and everything was working OK until one time when I plugged in the iPod, the computer suddenly blocked. I turned off the computer and unplugged the iPod from the front port. After I turned the computer on, none of the USB ports were working. In the device manager, everything was working fine. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but nothing improved.

Can anyone offer any help? Could it be that I just burned the ports after I unplugged the iPod (but the computer was already turned off) ?

THanks for any help whatsoever. I know a little about PC, so you can get into more details if you want.

Thanks again.

go back into device manager, and look at the Universal serial bus controllers section. right click on each entry under that and select uninstall, unless it's like a USB camera, sometimes those show up. Get all the USB hubs and controllers though.
reboot, let windows detect and install the drivers for them. reboot again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-stopped-working.666798/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey, im using a laptop and my mic has always worked, but yesterday as i joined a skype call it wasnt working, i also tried on teamspeak, same result, went to the control panel ->manage audio devices-> recording, and noticed it wasnt picking up any signal, i then retried everything above with the microphone from a headset (of which the speakers died) and the exact same result (i have already tried the headset's mic on another computer and it worked fine)
So the laptop model is: packard bell easynote te11hc 665PT, using windows 7
Any help would be much apreciated

Relevancy 84.28%

My Usb ports were all working but they just randomly stoped. When i plug in anything a box pops up at the right hand corrnor saying its unknown divice.

Relevancy 84.28%

Yesterday i reinstalled windows 7. I had no errors at all but now when i launch my computer i get errors like: skype has stopped working, ovi suite has stopped working... Also Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Nero "stops" working as soon as i launch them. The only program that works is Internet explorer. Im not sure which program caused this because after Installation of windows i installed a lot of programs. Any way i could check which program causes this wierd "has stopped working" thing? Or maybe its something inside windows? By the way ive tryed system restore but it has no restore points .
Help me please

A:EVERYTHING has stopped working.

Have you tried looking in 'event viewer' to see what may be the cause?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/133928-everything-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My copy of IE 7 just stopped working. Just like that. This precipitated a general reinstall which was a bit overdue anyway but anyone any ideas? Email and FireFox worked (when installed as a temporary fix) without problems.
I reset all the security settings to default - no improvement.
The reinstall cleared the error but a friend has just called me to say the same has happened to him - might this have been caused by a dodgy windows update?
Kaspersky found nothing and a HiJackThis scan was clear.

A:IE stopped working

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-stopped-working.106546/
Relevancy 84.28%

I've been seeing IE has stopped working more and more frequently. Today I've seen it twice. Other than changing default browsers or going back to version 8, can anything be done to fix IE9 so it will stop closing?

Duchess (Gloria)

A:IE 9 Has Stopped Working

Hi Duchess,

My name is Mekh and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Other than the two options you have mentioned, one other way is to Restore IE to Default Settings.
Check the below KB article how how to reset IE.
Internet Explorer - Reset

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mekh
Dell Social Media Responder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236486-ie-9-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

So I have been having a few problems with my DVD drive lately I realised the lens was dirty so I cleaned it and it seemed to be working perfectly then That was before I formatted my laptop I also pulled it out of my laptop and cleaned the sockets I plugged it back in and it seemed to be working like normal then Now I have formatted my laptop with Stopped Working DVD-Rw xp after I installed what updates I could by editing the register The drive was working fine after this point I then installed Ubuntu thinking that sooner or later I am going to have to make DVD-Rw Stopped Working a switch as xp is getting old and I would like to learn how to use a Linux operating system And go down this root in the future as they are getting better and better I think sooner or later DVD-Rw Stopped Working games will DVD-Rw Stopped Working be supported too and that is probable the only reason I use windows any more par its what I am use too Anyway off point Basically I did a duel install and after I loaded up xp to install a game and finish sorting it out after the format and I can t use the DVD drive now I checked device manager and it doesn t even register the drive nothing at all shows no name nothing I checked the bios and it shows the DVD drive I then checked it loaded disks via putting in the xp disk and seeing if I could get to the format menu It worked fine So it s something to do with xp either something to do with the updates not all being installed but I don t see it being that I think its something to do with Linux Ubuntu install doing something Not sure However the DVD drive works fine on Ubuntu but is not showing in device manager on XP Not sure what information might be needed I have windows xp home installed All drivers installed up to quot Security Update for Windows XP Embedded KB quot are installed Not managed to get that installed yet But I am more bothered about getting my DVD drive working The laptop is the Clevo M U I have ghz dual processors gb DDR ram Nvidea Quadro NVS M graphics card I got told it is the Nvideo GeForce Go GTX Not sure if it is or not as it shows up as this in the system info but maybe it just has the same drivers as the NVS Not sure Oh I also turned a load of processes off in msconfig I don t believe any affect the DVD drive though As I restarted the computer with a normal boot all processes working and it still didn t show up Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

What has,? why "symCUW" of course.

So what the hell is it.? I haven't a clue.

A:Its stopped working.?

symcuw.exe is either part of Symantec/Norton or possibly malware. You could follow the instructions in here.

symcuw.exe legit? - Other Norton Products - Norton Community

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206533-its-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I had some problems with my Asus laptop and although everything seems to be solved my Fn key has lost its configurations... Can anyone help me? Cheers, Andre

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fn-key-stopped-working.770095/
Relevancy 84.28%

Help!!
My cd dvd has stopped working. It has happened once before and the recovery disc cured it. Tried that again but nothing. I had just loaded itunes 8, any ideas.

Using a Toshiba Satellite L40-139, if that helps.
Thanks.

A:CD DVD stopped working

Hi,

If the installing itunes 8 caused the problem , a system restore to before that may get the drive working again.

System Restore - How to

Hope this helps
SIW2

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/183733-cd-dvd-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

When I click the Internet icon, a message appears saying IE 7 has stopped working, and then will only allow me to close the program. It does give me the following details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18294
Application Timestamp: 4a6199f8
Fault Module Name: StackHash_a615
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000b015d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a615
Additional Information 2: 1cd9bf0a71ad5ffdc243421c221689df
Additional Information 3: 584c
Additional Information 4: aa92ac964e2bf50a96826326597649bb

Please help.

By the way: this problemis NOT on my regular laptop, rather a VISTA machine.

A:IE 7 has stopped working

Try opening the IE without the addons.
Start->programs-.accessories->System tools->IE(No addons).
If it works fine then removed all the addons.
(**,)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-has-stopped-working-421195.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi people.

Has anyone been able to get GTA V working on Windows 10? (Pro x64) As soon as I launch it I get the "NSanityHD has signed in." at the Social Club launcher and then just as it attempts to launch the game it crashes. I've been trying to figure this out for the past few days since I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate. (3 days ago) I've tried to update my Radeon R9 280X drivers as well. The game was working fine on Windows 7. (???)

Also C&C Red Alert 2 AND Battlefield 3 just refuses to launch. The only game I've been able to play without issues is Counter-Strike: Source. I've tried to verify the integrity of the game files using a shortcut with the "-verify" parameter with no luck. (GTA V is the Social Club/Rockstar Games version, not the Steam one)

A:GTA V has stopped working

You can try right clicking the game launcher and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" it may be able to fix any issues.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/67776-gta-v-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My CD-Rom has stopped working. I was listening to an audio book on Windows Media Player when it froze up right in the middle of a track. I closed WMP and re-opened it. It said to insert a disc. I rebooted my computer, it still did not acknowledge there is a disc in the drive. I've tried several different discs, and different types. My Computer does not acknowledge them either.

I then tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver. Still does not acknowledge there is a disc in the drive, but the troubleshooter still continues to tell me the drive is working properly. It is spinning when I put in a new disc, but says there isn't one there. I'm stuck. What else can I try? Isn't it odd that it would stop working while I was listening to it??

Drive is HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8481B

A:CD- Rom stopped working while in use

how old is the drive and is it a dvd-rom drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-stopped-working-while-in-use.597539/
Relevancy 84.28%

I keep losing connection with Internet explorer. First I get "Internet Explorer has Stopped working" followed shortly by "Shut Down Program. Microsoft will try to find out why IE has stopped working" but about half the time IE re-starts on its own. Help!

A:IE has Stopped Working

I have been having the same problem. OS,Vista IE 8. I get a message Microsoft is searching for solution but never given a solution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-has-stopped-working-411926.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Recently (about a week or two ago), my computer began to give me random messages saying that Internet Explorer has 'stopped working', even though at the time I was either using firefox, or wasn't dealing with the internet at all.
Now the problem has escalated, with the error message popping up about 30 seconds to 1 minute after I close it.

Summary: I'm not using IE, but it's still giving me crash messages.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-has-stopped-working-while-not-in-use-415588.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi i had a earlier mic wich worked for a while on my computer then stopped, so i fought it was broken so i went out and bought a new one i was sadly depress to see it was'nt working i check it on my laptop ( 64Bit windows 7 ultimate ) and worked fine Im thinking it might be windows vista everythink in the sound bit is up not muted and set to default

PLEASE, please help me

I have a Gamecom plantronics Head set

Laptop/desktop = Desktop

A:Mic stopped working?

Hi Callum299.

You can try this link Plantronics Bluetooth Headsets, Wireless Headsets, Office Phone Headsets, PC Headsets

Hope your issue will resolve.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/290057-mic-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Vista recognizes the dvd..but it won't play...says it can not download drivers....went to microsoft...it won't let me download there....bought a new dvd vista compatible...it does the same thing...Did a search on the computer...analysing says 17 drivers missing or not updated.....otherwise system works fine...just no dvd....tried 3 others as well....same thing....any suggestions on what could have gone wrong and how to fix it? I don't have a cd for the drivers...don't even know which drivers...Thanks ahead of time

A:DVD RW stopped working

What are you playing? Music, data files, video? If playing video then you need a DVD Player software such as WinDVD or PowerDVD.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Product/1189528458632

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-stopped-working.789250/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone This is my very first post so I am sorry for any mistake I have a bothering problem My VPN which VPN stopped working I configured through the quot Settings quot page of Windows stopped working It happened already yesterday then I restored the system to a previous point and then it worked again Now it has just stopped once more When I try to connect to VPN stopped working my configured VPN the writing quot Verifying access information quot hangs on then nothing and then a red writing like quot Unable to establish a connection with remote computer The port used for connection has been closed quot appears more or less this considering I have VPN stopped working it in my own Language Then even if I configure another VPN exactly the same thing happens Can it be something corrupted It would be very strange considering it happened also yesterday and in both cases I was doing really nothing it just stopped working Any idea Thank you very much P S I have already done network reset and uninstalled and reinstalled network adapters The only thing that worked even if just for a while was restoring the system to a previous point

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68187-vpn-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello nbsp HP Support nbsp Need to revisit this problem nbsp posted nbsp several weeks nbsp ago as it remains unresoved nbsp CD ROM CD working stopped ROM which was working post CD ROM stopped working Windows upgrade from Windows stopped working about a month ago Ejects all disks before they are allowed to play thus making impossible CD ROM stopped working playback of audio and video content or installation of software nbsp nbsp MS support technicians who examined computer online at first suggested hardware problem nbsp but on second CD ROM stopped working time around concluded nbsp that drivers to be provided by OEM which are compatible with Windows nbsp and its updates are required to run this CD ROM nbsp In all likelihood it was an update of Windows nbsp which disabled the CD ROM nbsp Reset of system to pre-update point turned out to nbsp be not possible nbsp Are there nbsp separate CD ROM drivers which I can get from HP other than generic drivers nbsp which will work under the circumnstances nbsp CD device detected HP BDDVDW CA N nbsp Would nbsp appreciate help with this Thanks in advance nbsp Andrew

A:CD ROM stopped working

Greetings,   Sorry for bloviating. Try to keep replies short. Device Manager hardware status will not necessarily reveal a tangible hardware problem.. You could disconnect the SATA cable on a CD/DVD drive but there will be no errors in Device Manager. This also implies a SATA port could fail but you would not see an error for this drive in Device Manager. Device Manger will alert you when there is a driver problem. So no drive errors in Device Manager does not rule out hardware failure. HP is not providing Win 10 drivers for your PC because this model was first introduced by HP in 2011. I have been using PC's long before the advent of CD/DVD drives and have never seen this type of problem. You are not alone, this issue seems to happen when upgrading to Win 10. Don't know what Microsoft techs did. The only thing I can think of to to Open "Control Panel." "Device Manager". Uninstall or remove the current device found in "DVD/CD Rom drives". If you get a prompt asking to completely remove the drivers select "YES". Reboot the PC.  Maybe Win 10 will give you better drivers after the reboot. You can also do a USB stick install of Win !0 and keep files and apps if Win 10 has activated. This may fix the problem. As always, back up the good stuff first. Other options are to replace the hardware or go back to the previous operating system. If the fault follows the rollback to the previous operating system then the drive, or a connection, or the motherboard has a problem.  Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CD-ROM-stopped-working/td-p/5604723
Relevancy 84.28%

This morning IE has stopped working for no apparent reason. I can go to my favorites and go on line but cannot go to my home page. I cannot go anywhere from a search engine because IE has stopped woorking. Is there a way to fix this. My other computer is fine so it is not a server problem.

If you're still using the same version that ships with Windows 7, updating it to the latest version may fix it:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/products/ie/home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-stopped-working.1040987/
Relevancy 84.28%

I run IPX and TCP/IP on five computers. Suddenly, IPX has stopped working on one laptop on both the wired and wireless connection. I've tried removing IPX and reinstalling. I've tried removing both the wired and wireless ethernet and reinstalling. I've shut down the firewalls on all systems with no change in result.

I have temporarily set up NetBEUI as a stop-gap measure until I can figure out what's wrong with IPX.

I need suggestions on troubleshooting IPX.

Relevancy 84.28%

got a toshiba laptop not being allowed onto the internet en-us stopped working if anybody can help be very grateful

A:En-us stopped working

Need more info.....en-US --- I'm assuming is the keyboard language that has been set......but......not sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/en-us-stopped-working.923772/
Relevancy 84.28%

hey i had recovery my Vaio CR131E and now when i start my laptop i receive a message windows stopped working VSC program please what can i do?

A:VSC stopped working

VSC stopped working
hey i had recovery my Vaio CR131E and now when i start my laptop i receive a message windows stopped working VSC program please what can i do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vsc-stopped-working-335911.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My parents PC is causing some mischief recently. Suddenly their LG CD-RW (bought in about 2002) has decided not to play nice. What happens:

Open tray
Put in disc (audio/data/blank)
Close tray
Drive spins, read light flickers
Tray opens

I can't get it to read/work properly. I flicked through device manager and everything looks normal. Opened up the box and double check all cables (gave everything a bit of a clean while I was in there). Is it just a case of a drive getting old and dying or is there a fix for such a problem?

Thanx for your help in advance!

Relevancy 84.28%

Some games such as BF2142 and Oblivion will close down and pop up a " ... has stopped working" error for (it seems) no reason at all.
I don't see what could have caused this.

Any help on fixes?

A:... Has Stopped Working

Check your Event Viewer for errors. A lot of game errors are caused by corrupted video drivers, try reinstalling them to see if it fixes the problem (didn't fix my problem w/Halo 2 tho').

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95202/has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 84.28%

The last couple of days ive had a window pop-up that says 'mor.exe has stopped working'
Iv'e noticed this comes up when i visit a site that uses java as the java icon appears in the toolbar at the same time as the window pops up.
The detailed info that is shown is:-
Fault Module Name: mor.exe

Quote:
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 721c31e7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003910b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

i click on Close Program and the java icon goes away.

A:Mor.exe has stopped working?

Hi,

There appears to be quite a few hits for this file as being associated with a malware infection. Java is often used as a vehicle for malware delivery, so I think its best to scan your system for malware.

Please perform an online scan using this link, and then post the results back here:

http://www.eset.eu/eset-online-scanner

This way we can rule this out.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/217948-mor-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Greetings,

I am stuck with this problem where I get the error message about "dwm.exe has stopped working".

Now as far as I know it only comes up if I am streaming something on the net using flash player and while using Google Chrome.

Tried using it with IE allso but then I dont get the message. Anyone else got same issue? and/or has some way to solve it?

A:dwm.exe stopped working.

Originally Posted by LawaBoy

Greetings,

I am stuck with this problem where I get the error message about "dwm.exe has stopped working".

Now as far as I know it only comes up if I am streaming something on the net using flash player and while using Google Chrome.

Tried using it with IE allso but then I dont get the message. Anyone else got same issue? and/or has some way to solve it?

As this has already been identified as a problem for many Chrome users, I can only suggest that you try and run Chrome with a minimum number of Windows open simultaneously and see if that fixes your issue. You also might want to check your RAM allocation in Task Manager when this happens to make sure you have adequate free RAM available at the time of the incident.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/31124-dwm-exe-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Just today, I started getting notification in a pop up box:

IE has stop working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Window will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

And this is followed by actual closing of the current program on the screen. This does not pop up on all sites...just seemingly on selected ones including on line banking, live mail and yahoo mail... to name a few. (luckily Vista Forum site is not affected)

I ran MSE twice and came up clean. No malwares. The only software I installed prior to onset of this problem was Flash player 10..which I have since deleted to no avail.

Help!!!

What happened?

A:IE has stopped working

The 64 bit IE 9 has issues , how bout trying the 32 bit IE instead ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294431-ie-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Sir! I'm using windows 8.1 pro all are work fine sir but some .exe apps stopped working how to fix pls help me .

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/127341-exe-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hey i have a built in mic in my laptop and it stopped working i think it because i deleted real tek by acciedent but i just wanted to make sure so i came here to ask some more professional help my laptop is a acer and it runs on vista

A:my mic has stopped working

If you - right click My Computer, go to Properties, click on Hardware tab, click on Device Manager, and in the Device Manager window see if there are any Yellow question marks there saying what drivers are missing this will tell you if the driver is as you suspect has been deleted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mic-has-stopped-working.845985/
Relevancy 84.28%

So my netscape or I am assuming stopped ~.exe has working it's netscape since this only happens when netscape is open has been acting really weird the past few days I am getting this weird excessive persistant pop-up that says exe has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the ~.exe has stopped working problem There is a cancel option but if I click it another pop-up pops up or even if I don't If I don't click cancel and it just sits there and quot checks for a problem quot it can't find one and says A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available These keep coming up over and over and will not stop I even started Netscape in Safe Mode to no avail Any help PLEASE I don't like other browsers Screenshot Edit I'm sorry guys It's not a browser problem at all It's some weird file named exe in my system folder but when I try to delete it it says I need permission Stupid vista

A:~.exe has stopped working

~ is called a tildeTo Google search for it, you have to spell it out because search engines do not recognize the symbol - tilde.exe Some reading:http://www.dynamoo.com/blog/2008/08/tildee...m32-folder.htmlIt might be a good idea to Post in the Am I Infected? forum and do some malware scans

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196224/exe-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 84.28%

OS - Win XP Pro SP3
CPU - Intel P4 3.20E GHz
MOBO - Intel D875PBZ
RAM - 3 GB

I was leaving my USB hub hooked up all the time. Everything worked fine and then suddenly the hub wouldn't work anymore. It works on every system I try it on except this one, including laptops and my husband's system.

If I plug directly into the system USB connection it works just fine so I'm thinking that I have a corrupt or missing driver here.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thx,
C

A:USB 2 Hub stopped working

Does the External Hub show up in Device Manager?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-2-hub-stopped-working-404485.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I've been using this website for years.when trying to open this webpage which normally opened in ie-7 it won?t open now in ie-8. Ie -8 stopped working & shuts down when requested.the website has a [not verified] axis media control emb class installed in order to view the webcam properly.
Help!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-8-stopped-working-399905.html
Relevancy 84.28%

At least I think it was KVG.exe. I'll update when it pops up again if I remembered the name wrong.

I've Googled this and it seems there is a real Windows file by that name. The error I get every 15 mins or so just says the file has stopped working so I don't know if it's the real file being attacked or if it's a virus trying to pass itself off as that file, which is being apprehended by my system at some point.

I've noticed that when I try to burn files to DVD it's failed far more since this.

In the last 2 days, my antivirus and anti malware/spyware programs have picked up a couple of things and quarantined them, including Generic Dropper.rk and Trojanalert.(I forget).

A:KVG.exe has stopped working?

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/kvg-exe-has-stopped-working-470348.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have an Alienware laptop. The DVD+RW drive worked fine for about a year. All of a sudden it has stopped working, of course as soon as the warrenty was over. It acts like there is wrightable media in the drive at all times. It does not matter if the drive is empty or have a CD or DVD in it.
The drive is a N DVDRW SDW-042, firmware version D360. I have updated anti-virus, scanned all drives, and done spy ware scans. I have used two different anti-virus programs to help ensure that all virus were found. The way the laptop is set-up, to use my second hard drive I must remove the DVD drive. When the second hard drive is installed it works just fine. With this in mind, I am assuming that the rest of the hardware is fine.

Relevancy 84.28%

My Pioneer DVD RW 103 has stopped working. The green flashing light gives way to the yellow flashing light which is where it stays. I have heard that running a 4X CD on the drive will damage it. Is this true? If so Do I have to buy a new drive?

I am running XP professional

A:DVD stopped working

You don't give much information....have you tried more than one CD/DVD? Is this happening during the burn process or just trying to read it?

Could you just have a bad disk? disk upside down (don't laugh, I've see it happen), dirty disks?

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-stopped-working.207173/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey there About a week ago I was plugging in my speakers to the front jack on my computer when a Windows message Working USB Stopped the one that comes from the clock area saying one of my USB Ports had a power surge I also noticed that my USB Optical Mouse's light was no longer on Also at this time my computer stopped recognizing my nd hard drive First what could have caused this power surge Static build up on the speaker jack I'm pretty curious about that I noticed in my BIOS that when I highlighted the nd HDD spot half the screen turned red so i assumed it was a little corrupted I popped out the CMOS battery and let it sit for a few minutes and voila my HDD worked USB Stopped Working again However None of my USB ports all on the mother board controller work I checked settings in the BIOS I uninstalled and reinstalled the usb hubs in windows I bought a PCI USB card with usb ports on it and none of those work either I just got USB Stopped Working done upgrading my BIOS but they still don't work I have tried a new mouse and it powers up glow light and laser turn on but windows doesn't recognize that anything is connected nor does ubuntu for that matter In Device manager it says the hubs are working normally Also I've noticed since the incident that when I USB Stopped Working boot into windows the time in between the quot windows is loading quot screen with the scroller and the Welcome Screen with the login window is about - minutes of blackness where it used to be - seconds I don't know if this is windows trying to communicate with the controller or what I'd love to hear any ideas on the matter and thanks in advance for your help If it helps my motherboard is a Shuttle AB N Sorry if this should be in the hardware section I'm not quite sure as to where the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-stopped-working-140337.html
Relevancy 84.28%

i need help diagnosing whats wrong with ny PC.

no bios screen on startup, no display at all, no beeps either
when i poer the PC, the CPU and GPU fans where spinnning but the LED for the power button is not lit.
recently, 1 RAM module failed and it was removed so RAM 2GB now, down from 4GB DDR3 1333

A:PC Stopped working

uhhh something else burned when the RAM failed are you sure the rest of the RAM is good maybe are they in the b slots instead of the a slots ??? anyway when RAM fails the symptoms are exactly as described and since you know one failed another may be bad as well ....how did you determine which stick was the bad one any chance you took the good one out and left a bad one ????
Take all the sticks out put one in and power up one at a time if nothing with any then something is fried if it comes on with one of the sticks but not others then you found which were bad and proved your system is still good

hope you find a bad stick and not a fried mother board

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92579-pc-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My CD Rom isn't working. My computer recognizes its in but it doesn't load up and it doesn't play. Someone told me that it may be a motherboard problem. Can this be true.

Relevancy 84.28%

Running a Win machine - following a Memory Dump my network card quit Installed a new card reloaded drivers and ran RegClean My network card came back OK - email and HTTP working fine but I cannot FTP to any of the sites I maintain As soon as I try to connect I working Stopped FTP get a connection refused on Port I normally use AceFTP but I ve also tried SmartFTP and others and get the same result With the free ftpcomm program I can get to the remote site and download a file but cannot upload back to the site I tried a command line FTP and tried to send a quot bin quot file with FTP Stopped working hash marks set and got a connection refused there FTP Stopped working as well RegClean does show some FTP entries such as HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes sfFTPLib FTPConnectionInfo CLSID quot FBF CDD -BDD - B - -AAC DAB BB quot I m afraid if I reverse the RegClean work that I might lose the network capability altogether again Any ideas please TIA Art nbsp

A:FTP Stopped working

What kind of a software firewall do you use? Any chance it is a "user friendly" program like Zone Alarm or something Norton? Try disabling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ftp-stopped-working.66536/
Relevancy 84.28%

Sir ! My all .exe has stopped working how to fix pls help me

A:.exe stopped working !

Are you stating that you can't open any of your .exe files?

Does this computer boot into Windows at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596960/exe-stopped-working/
Relevancy 84.28%

I get this dialog box now and then - it doesn't happen too often and but just when I am surfing around the net - any suggestions?  

hello check this solution  from microsoft website :http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/IE-stopped-working/td-p/5614794
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey All

The other day everything was running perfect, i took a phone call and when I came back my mouse wasnt working. Ok, so i rebooted. Still nothing, so I switched to another USB port, still nothing, then i tried my USB memory stick even that wouldn't recognize. So i tried all of my USB ports and still nothing.

Since then i have tried

- restoring to a few days ago
- took the whole rig apart
- tried a new PSU
- reset my CMOS
- took my battery out of my MB for 12 hours

Seriously everything. In my device Manager I have a Unknown Device that will nt update or even tell me what the hell it is, but I have NOTHING plugged into a USB port on my comp. I'm so lost anyone have any more ideas??

A:All my USB's stopped working!

Quote: Originally Posted by JSGTPD

Hey All

The other day everything was running perfect, i took a phone call and when I came back my mouse wasnt working. Ok, so i rebooted. Still nothing, so I switched to another USB port, still nothing, then i tried my USB memory stick even that wouldn't recognize. So i tried all of my USB ports and still nothing.

Since then i have tried

- restoring to a few days ago
- took the whole rig apart
- tried a new PSU
- reset my CMOS
- took my battery out of my MB for 12 hours

Seriously everything. In my device Manager I have a Unknown Device that will nt update or even tell me what the hell it is, but I have NOTHING plugged into a USB port on my comp. I'm so lost anyone have any more ideas??

JS

thats a bi**H. I can help you with the unknown device. if you go into device manager and right click the unknown go to properties>details>use the pull down to show hardware id's take the id string and drop it into google. It will tell you what the device is. hardware ID's are unique

Let us know if that doesnt help

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42717-all-my-usbs-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, I have an hp pavillion dv6 7050ca and I just downloaded the new NVIDIA driver version 344.11..I opened GPU-Z and instantly is says it has stopped working and windows is finding a solution..So I thought it was this driver problem and I reinstalled the previous one. After I reinstalled, same thing happens..keep in mind I have used GPU-z for a year and it worked properly all until now...I deleted the NVIDIA drivers and tested if GPU-Z would work without it and it did..it detected my integrated Intel graphics 4000 but right when I installed again..it stops working everytime! Please help me!

A:GPU-Z Stopped Working?

Try a system restore to a restore point before you installed 344.11.

What version GPU-Z?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/346256-gpu-z-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

For no apparant reason (I haven't made any changes to my system etc), my Pioneer DVD-115 DVD-ROM Drive is no longer working properly. My computer is about a year old running XP Professional.

Data CD's - Autoplay will not work, but the cd's contents can be examined in windows explorer

Music CD's - Recognized and autoplay with no problems

DVD's - Not recognized at all. The drive just keeps spinning without revving down and Windows doesn't act like there's even a CD in the drive. Trying to open the drive in windows explorer causes a lockup.

Trying to open the drive with no cd in it causes an error message to pop up that says "incorrect function"

I tried using system restore, but it didn't solve the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

A:DVD-ROM stopped working...

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum,

It sounds like your DVD\CD Rom is bad. Do you have a warunty on your PC? If you do I would send it back and get a new DVD\CD rom.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-rom-stopped-working-3127.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am stuck with this problem where I get the error message about "dwm.exe has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if solution is available".

Anyone else got same issue? and/or has some way to solve it?
Thanks in advance.

A:dwm.exe has stopped working

Please post complete specs on the computer producing this error message, and the version of Windows it is running. Is it Win7 SP1 as in your profile??

Just found this; try this and see if it works for you:
What is dwm.exe And Why Is It Running? If not, we'll need your computer specs to assist you further.

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/dwm-exe-has-stopped-working-913802.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Well, my moms hdd went to hell for whatever reason, so i figured that since i had 2 HDDs in my computer, that i would take the spare one i had (never use it) and let her use it. Well it wouldnt work in her computer, it kept going to a screen that said press F1 to boot and f2 for setup options or something like that. So i figured i would put it back in my computer, and now neither of my hdds work, not the primary or the spare i had. Does anyone know the problem? All i know is the one when its booted has that F1 to boot thing, and the primary hdd i had, when it tries to boot, it says disk read error or something along those lines. Should i just get a new HDD?

A:HDD stopped working, help please

Sounds like you didn't install your HDD properly. When you put it in your mother's computer, dud you set it as master? Also, you need to install Windows or clone her old HDD to yours (sometimes you can do this even if the old HDD doesn't boot.)

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-stopped-working-help-please.115009/
Relevancy 84.28%

My SAMSUNG SD- E DVD ROM didn t work last night when I went to Dvd Rom Working Stopped play a movie It worked Dvd Rom Stopped Working before I m using a DELL Dimension P Dvd Rom Stopped Working GHz with G RAM - Windows XP Symptom I put in the DVD close the tray the LED flashes times goes out and nothing happens When I select quot DVD DRIVE D quot at Windows Explorer the popup says quot Please insert a disk into drive D quot The movie works in the DVD player that s hooked up to my TV so I know the disk is OK I tried other movie DVDs in my DVD ROM None work In fact no CD works in that drive The drive just doesn t recognize that there s a disk in there No indications at the Device Manager that there s a problem I went to the SAMSUNG website to download a new driver - to see if that would help Apparently they don t support that model anymore Thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest a remedy Terry nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

My CPU fan just stopped working

Well I was trying to overclock my computer and I did it. But then my computer started to make some wierd sounds so I put my processer back to 2.4GHz and then it said that my CPU fan failed and some other fans any one have any clue to see if I can fix this??

A:My CPU just stopped working

The first thing I'd recommend is opening the case and switching it on (conforming to antistatic regulations etc) and seeing what's spinning. I'm not sure what fans you have, but you'll at least have a CPU fan. See if it's running properly. If it's not, it could possibly be that you've burnt out your CPU and there is no need for the CPU fan to spin. Can't speak from experience, but I'd guess this is a common problem when it comes to overclocking. Do you get any visuals? BIOS? OS? Boot-screen?

-Em

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cpu-just-stopped-working.100242/
Relevancy 84.28%

OK, I have just noticed that my del key no longer works, and i don't know why. I remember it working a couple days ago, but now it doesn't.

I thought it may be a keyboard issue (I have a logitech wireless keyboard & mouse) but reading the forums, another user suggested trying the on-screen keyboard to check.

I checked using the OSK, and the del key doesnt work on that either.. so I don't believe it is a keyboard or keyboard software issue..

Would anyone have any suggestions? It is not the end of the world, but it is rather annoying.. you don't realise how often you use it for things until you don't have it.

NOTE.. I restarted windows, and discovered that the Delete key DOES work at the initial login screen, but once windows has fully loaded up, it stops working.. not sure how that is relevant, but am sure it is.

A:Del key stopped working!!

Make sure Numbers Lock is on. First of three lights on most computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/del-key-stopped-working-976129.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Yesteday, I turned on my computer and everything stopped working. I get these little pop up messages from windows saying, " Wndows Live Messenger has stopped working", "itunes has stopped working", "datasafe online has stopped working",etc. I restored my computer to an earlier checkpoint, but it still does the same thing. I also have DEP turned on for essential Windows programs if this helps.

A:Everything has stopped working

Welcome to Seven Forum, Kage.

What did you do in the last session before you shut down? Did you mess around with the Registry? Did you install some new Programs? Have you kept an image of your C Drive?

Additionally please fill up your computer's specs as best as you can and carry out a virus check if you are able to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/230722-everything-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Good Day

Last night I started to get a pop-up window saying "DWM.Exe has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you when if a solution is available"

I did an internet search for the problem and besides sites telling me to buy their fixer programme, the only sensible advice was to restore the computer to the last restore point date.

Is this an acceptable and permanent solution and is it the only solution. Will it fix the root cause of this problem?

Running Win7 64 Bit.

Thanks

MikeBac

A:DWM.EXE Stopped Working

It will be the same thing as shown here:

What is dwm.exe And Why Is It Running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dwm-exe-stopped-working-945634.html
Relevancy 84.28%

First off,hello and thank you for your time.

Almost all of my games I try to play keep crashing into " .exe stopped working". I can run them, but about 10 minute mark (most of the time even sooner), they just crash and say that. I tried reinstalling them, different games and almost all of them do that. In some cases I just get to the menu and when I start playing they just drop. Even those that didn't do that before, I have been playing them for about a hour for example and now I can't do that. I just don't know what to do.

Thanks for any advice.

A:.exe stopped working

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Are all of your drivers fully up-to-date? Including the video driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/exe-stopped-working-922122.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Every body. I have a problem with has stopped working error. When i open the Call Of Duty 4 Multipalyer and play for 5-6 minutes ( some times up to 15 min ) it give has stopped working error(iw3mp.exe has stopped working). I use coolpad for controling laptop's heat. and i try this solutions: 1. Enable Stereo mix2.put the headphone jack3.put the microphone jack4.mssmp3.asi ---> mssmp3.bak and my problem not solved. Now what can i do with this error and my laptop ? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/has-stopped-working/td-p/5715802
Relevancy 84.28%

What happened was this I loaned my computer to a freind and told him quot Don t install anything without checking with me first quot He did for about half My stopped has Alt-Tab working!! the stuff I took off after I got it back And my alt-tab has stopped working The thing is it works fine for the other profile My Alt-Tab has stopped working!! on the computer I m assuming the problem is a registry setting somewhere I looked and compared but I couldn t find anything out of line So now I m at a loss I know I missed something somewhere Oh and I m using WinXP SP on a Compaq Presario which I update on a regular basis This is a loptop I use as a quot loaner quot not my good one with all my personal stuff on it by the way Maybe I should get a copy of Norton Ghost before loaning it out again Any help would be appreciated Preferably before I rip the rest of my hair out nbsp

A:My Alt-Tab has stopped working!!

NEVER MIND!!

I found it... Right in the one place I didn't look before... Grrrrr! Idiot! It's so obvious...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-alt-tab-has-stopped-working.449394/
Relevancy 84.28%

As stated in my post of today, built-in DVD player player stopped working.  Would like to add that DVD/ CD Drives Properties analysis under "genral" tab states that device is working properly.  Please advise.

A:CD Rom stopped working

DVD player has without warning stopped working, rejects all CD from player slot.  Although  recent upgrade to Windows 10may have affected  player (which I am exploring with them to correct if needed) I do have VLC media player installed which should be an adeqaute substitute. Possible mechanical problem with player? Please advise. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CD-Rom-stopped-working/td-p/5588717
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a brand new toshiba laptop model satellite P605-s8823.it 200gb hhd and 3 gig sdram amd turion x2duall core mobile processor rm-70. i dont know if any of that is relevent, but i keep getting this box popping up that says "En-us has stopped working" I havno idea what it is or what it means.Please help. and sorry for anytypig errors and spacing errors my space key dosent work very well.

A:En-us has stopped working

From the web, this message appears to be related to a program that is running at startup called, TOSCDSPD.exe.

"CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer
From CastleCopsWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Software supplied by Toshiba to acoustically silence noise vibration from the laptop's CD player due to poorly balanced CD's. The program slows the CD player to reduce the vibration generated noise.

The program may be run all the time, or started when needed. The program runs automatically at startup in the default installation from Toshiba"

More info on it

I'm not sure what would cause the message, but the program is considered non essential.

You can stop it from running by doing
Start > Run > MSCONFIG
and UNselecting the entry for that app.
(most likely looks like C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.EXE)

Reboot. You will get a warning screen about making the change. Select the Don't Show Me Again option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/en-us-has-stopped-working.757624/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have Windows XP, and my tab key stopped working. I can use it with the Alt. key to switch between windows, but I can't use it to tab in a document or to move from field to field. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do? Thanks.

Relevancy 84.28%

hey i Fan working stopped have a Sony that i reformatted a week ago after that i kept it in my room for a couple of days because i was busy with other work then on Thursday i finally got to turn it on and take a look at it after the reformatting but when i turned it on it gives me a message saying the quot the hardware monitor has detected an error with the POWER SUPPLY FAN quot then it says press F to continue or press F to go to setup BIOS so then i hit F and it got me to the BIOS setup and i went to quot POWER quot and then to quot Hardware Monitor quot then it gave me the following MB Temp degrees C degrees F CPU Temp degrees C degrees F CPU Fan Speed RPM Power Fan Speed RPM OK so Fan stopped working thats bad because it s not working and it what should i do i mean my computer works fine if i press F to continue it gets me to the desktop and then it works from there but i don t think Fan stopped working its good are my temperatures OK for the CPU that i showed and for the MB or is the temperature really high should i buy a new Power Supply Fan because those cost a lot nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 and the fan just stopped working. I have turned it off to see if it will reset itself and start working again, but I think I will need to replace it. Problem is, I don't know what I have to get or how to replace it. What kind of fan do I have to get? I can probably figure out how to replace it. I am also wanting to upgrade the hard drive so this should be a good time to do it all since I can't do any work on it right now.

A:Fan stopped working

The only dd 2400 I saw on the net is a desktop. Now, which fan stopped?
Posted via Mobile Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fan-stopped-working.864204/
Relevancy 84.28%

I can't switch programs using Alt-Tab. Also, clicking the icon of a running program in the taskbar doesn't work either. When I click a taskbar icon, it just flashes the icon and title bar of the program 7 times and does not bring the program to the front.

I'm running Windows 7 x64. I ran sfc /scannow and it found no problems.

I read a post on this forum that described a similar problems, but none of the proposed solutions worked. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Alt-Tab Stopped Working

This possibly sounds a little strange but try switching your laptop off, removing the power adapter and battery for a minute and then switch it back on and see if it works.

You could also try tapping the 2 Windows, Shift, CTRL and ALT keys to make sure none of them are stuck down a little, if they are these will cause adverse affects.

Last thing i can suggest at this stage is remove any peripherals you have connected such as an external keyboard or mouse and see if the problem persists.

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339750-alt-tab-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm working on my girlfriends computer (windows xp) and notice the cd-rom is no longer working.

I've tried a couple of things that were recommended through another site.

1) I turned "SAFE MODE" on and the cd-rom worked fine but when I got out of safe it wound not fire up.

2) I uninstalled the cd-rom and let the computer reinstall it but that did'nt work either. Please any help you could give me would be great. Thanks.

A:Please help! C cd-rom stopped working....

Duplicate post of ...

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/689492-cd-rom-quit-working-work.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-c-cd-rom-stopped-working.689480/
Relevancy 84.28%

i am having problems with my web cam .. its a Connectix QuickCam... it started getting static on it and then just stopped working yesterday all together .. i tried to fix it but then when i tried to use any video program it would make half my screen go black .. i could not even see how to shut down the system .. i have even reformatted my hard drive .. but its still doing it .. not sure if its the port going bad ..but the cam is still working .. i tried it on another computer .. any help would be apprecieated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-stopped-working.84090/
Relevancy 84.28%

My comps been crashing lately playing lineage been getting error L bin stopped working Ive tried reinstalling game defrag virus scans and nothings been getting better today i got my Pc formatted with Vista again my PC specs are Intel Core duo CPU GHZ memory GB vista bit radeon in my event log error i get this if it helps tyvm in advance - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers L2.bin stopped working quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jesse-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt l bin lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data L2.bin stopped working gt b a lt Data gt lt Data gt l bin L2.bin stopped working lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b a lt L2.bin stopped working Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt cc f lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt ca fae a lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt nbsp

A:L2.bin stopped working

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=202907

see if this works. If not check that board out, its for that game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/l2-bin-stopped-working.888196/