Windows Support Forum

Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

Q: Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

Hi I ve got an issue with connecting this PC via my wireless router to the internet It is a patchy issue that works at times and at others gives the messages quot Windows can t communicate with the device or resource Primary DNS Server quot and quot DNS server not responding quot I ve followed the three - issue Win with 7, DNS patchy server communicate can't steps recommended here Method does after some time seem to enable the Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue internet to connect but it seems to last a short while then revert to the error messages posted above This DNS error also happens on every startup and regularly thereafter I ve tried disabling firewalls antivirus etc and running malwarebytes spotbot ccleaner avast and adaware scans to no avail On occasion Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue when using the windows troubleshoot problems on the network toolbar it resets my network adapter and tells me the problem is solved Alternate times I do this it just provides the DNS server error above Due to the tempramental nature of this I ve been unable to resolve it completely but all other devices have no issues with connecting via the router so it s definitely a problem with this machine I have attached my ipconfig all file My system info is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V PRO Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Disabled All help gratefully appreciated Apologies if I ve missed anything important Edit I ve tried powering down the router modem and PC for a while then restarting it all but it didn t help I am also unable to start my PC in safe mode as the video driver doesn t run so the monitor goes black - this may be a limiting factor in my investigation nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

we will go over old ground i'm afraid here

1) you have zonealarm, as a virus product do you also have the firewall - make sure you remove all firewalls an use the removal tools - give us a list of what has ever been on the pc and we can give the tools address

2) have you gone to the manufactures website and updated the driver or actually re-installed the driver

3) quite a few things to try below
a) tcp/ip reset
b) ping tests - please do all three - would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
c) Change DNS servers and see if that resolves the issue
d) Uninstall the driver and re-install
e) Post an xirrus screen shot
f) Have you looked into channel interference - the xirrus screen shot will help with that
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results in a reply here
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 72.52.204.213
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

if you see on the results a
"general Failure"
PING: transmit failed. General failure.Click to expand...

This sometimes means a firewall issue
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

Google public DNS
Note using google public DNS servers from outside the US may actually slow performace - so use the following as a test to identify DNS issues - if these resolve the issues , then we need to investigate further to optimise the use of DNS
Google public DNS
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address up on a PC
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Then once you have set up those DNS entries

Flush & register DNS

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/registerdns

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator
Start> All Programs> Accessories and then right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

now type the command again

I have found these to be a useful tools to use for DNS testing
https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm
https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

Uninstall and allow windows to re-install the adapter and Driver
goto the device manager > Network Adapters > click on the [+] to show all the adapters

right click on the adapter and from the menu

remove/uninstall the adapter

Now restart the pc and allow windows to detect new hardware and re install the adapter and the driver
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )
There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-communicate-with-dns-server-patchy-issue.1129505/
Relevancy 58.48%

Help!!!

My windows vista 32 bit pc wont connect to the internet.
2 of the 3 of my computers connect to the internet fine.
However my desktop vista DOES connect to the internet but I can't browse websites or play online in any of my pc games.
This is the exact message I get when I diagnose the problem:
"Cannot communicate with DNS server (207.164.234.193)"
Then below it says:
"Network diagnostics pinged remote host but did not recieve response"

This is a minor overview of my system

Windows VistaTM Home priemium

service pack 1

Amd Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual core processer 2.30 ghtz

2 GB's of RAM

32 Bit operating system

And my router is speedstreamer 6252

I don't know what to do, I would apricieate help

Thanks, Tim

A:Cannot communicate with DNs server

Hi Tim.
Firstly,did this ever work.If so,any hardware/software changes ?
Then,let's see this info:

From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address> For addresses,follow instructions below&#8230;.

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING www.yahoo.com
Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. IPV4 for Vista

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
______

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server.873237/
Relevancy 58.48%

weeks ago i brought a brand new computer and ive been on the internet before server DNS with Communicate Cannot with it all working on Sky broadband last friday we changed to broadband but they gave us the wrong router so they left us with that one and promised us a better newer one when they returned Cannot Communicate with DNS server again the internet was fine and all working yesterday they brought us the router and i currently have computers working on the network my laptop my brothers laptop my brothers PC my pc however cannot connect to the internet anymore the problem i get is quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot and it allows me to select the option to try to restart my network adapter when i carry this out it goes back again to the same error or maybe without the word quot Primary quot in it Ive tried a lot of things such as using auto ip addressing such as DHCP and changing the DNS server to OpenDNS servers but the same problem continues to appear its only since having the new router i dont have any firewalls running nor do i have IPv on Cannot Communicate with DNS server at all anymore i removed the use of that too ive done a couple of Netsh commands in cmd but i cant offhand tell you which ones or how many times ive tried that the router im using is a D-Link DIR- im not sure what you guys can suggest that i havnt even already tried ive already posted this problem on another forum too and they so far dont know what the cause or solution is im wondering if you guys may be able to lead me in the right direction i can ping my NIC card wireless but i cant ping the dns at all no responses or any other outbound address for that matter thanks in advance and Hi im new here

A:Cannot Communicate with DNS server

The DNS would be outside the router. Try open a command prompt and

C: ping 192.168.0.1

If you do not receive any replies, the your computer will not be able to resolve addresses. You may need to check with your ISP to verify your DNS address(es). Also check if your ISP can see your router and if you have your router correctly set up.

** EDIT ** Oops - if you can't ping any ip addresses, it is either your set up or the ISP. Check both.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/255095-cannot-communicate-dns-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I m having some problems with my internet connection that I can communicate DNS server Cannot with t figure out I ve searched google searched several forums and tried various things Nothing seems to work I m using Windows Vista Home Premium on a laptop which is connected to a wireless network using the D-Link DI- router Browsing the internet works fine Sending and receiving mail works fine as well However occasionally I lose my connection to the internet Now this hasn t been much of an issue until I tried to play online with my Playstation console What happens is that I can Cannot communicate with DNS server either not connect my Ps to the internet it gives me an error saying quot Cannot reach the DNS server quot After trying it again a couple of times I can connect without problems However this is where things really go wrong Each time I m playing online I get disconnected after approximately minutes -- it seems to be a fixed time span Needless to say having to reconnect each time only to be able to play for minutes is quite annoying Okay so I was already expecting it was the DNS due to that error I received Start gt Control Pannel gt Network and Internet gt Network and Sharing Center I click at quot view status quot and then at quot diagnose quot I receive a message saying quot Cannot communicate with DNS server quot Alright perhaps my ISP s DNS server is having issues The primary and secondary DNS servers on my router are set as I have a Dynamic IP Address I did some research and found this thing called quot open DNS quot at www opendns com It looked like an excellent way to find out if it was really being the server so I switched my DNS addresses on my laptop router and ps and rebooted it all Diagnosed again quot Cannot communicate with DNS server quot Looks like it isn t the server I tried using the simplest thing running the command prompt and typing quot ipconfig flushdns enter ipconfig registerdns enter quot No change After some more research I found out that it could be Vista s TCP Window Scaling as said on this webpage http help osu edu html I followed the instructions on that page but nothing changed I checked the status of my network again and spotted something that might be causing the trouble quot IPv Connectivity limited quot I searched google though and the things I found indicated that this is nothing to worry about Perhaps it s my router I m not an expert at networking so maybe I should change some setting there My console doesn t have any trouble connecting though apart from the DNS issue so I don t think I made a mistake during setting up my router This is where I m stuck I don t have any ideas left Knowing myself it s probably something really simple I overlooked but I ve spent hours now trying to find a solution and I m tired Your help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Cannot communicate with DNS server

Try This, If You Are Using Windows Xp With Sp2

Start Run Cmd
Type In Netsh Winsock Reset Catalog
It Will Tell You To Rebooth

Work For Me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server.601273/
Relevancy 58.48%

What that mean and how i can fix it?

DNS servers are responsible for looking up an ip address from a name. In your browser, you type in a name, like 'www.google.com' and your browser uses a DNS server to look up the ip address, and then contacts google with the address.

When you can't reach any DNS server, it usually means you can't surf. Is that your case?

Usually, your Internet Service Provider owns DNS servers which all their clients use. And your router/modem is automatically configured to use them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server.960501/
Relevancy 58.48%

Help me connect to wireless. I can do it fine at home but when I go anywhere else it doesn't work. Please help me figure it out.

I ran an ipconfig and pinged like other forum posts indicated and this is what I get:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\owner>ipconfig
Windows IP Configuration
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix.:
Link-local IPv6 Address.....: fe80::2d53:33ee:4596:4d60%9
IPv4 Address................: 10.117.7.137
Subnet Mask ................: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway ............: 10.117.7.254
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection*6:

Media State....................: Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix.:
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection*7:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Link-local IPv6 Address.....: fe80::5efe:10.117.7.137%13
Default Gateway ............:
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:
Media State ....................: Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix .:
C:\Users\owner>PING 216.109.112.135
Pinging 216.109.112.135 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Reply from 216.109.112.135: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=241
Reply from 216.109.112.135: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=241
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 216.109.112.135:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 51ms, Maximum = 51ms, Average = 51ms

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/198112-cannot-communicate-dns-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

All problems started when I connected our new PS3 to the wireless network. It worked for about 15 minutes, then knocked out the network. If anyone knows why that might be, please let me know.

Right now, I'm just trying to re-establish internet access. I went throught the troubleshooting and at the end I get the message:

Can not communicate with DNS server 24.94.163.100

I am running Vista, using a Lynksys router.

Any assistance, I am a computer neophyte so let me know what you need and how to get it.

PLEASE HELP, Thank You!

A:Can not communicate with DNS server

There are a couple possible issues here. The good thing is that it is unlikely to be caused by your system.

DNS servers are used to parse internet domain names like www.google.com into ip addresses. They are crucial to the operation of the internet, but subject to outages. Your ISP should compensate for these but the latest information is not always correctly passes down to your modem. Try the following:

Unplug your router, then unplug your modem. Wait about 20 seconds, then plug back in the modem. Wait until the modem lights finish cycling, then plug in your router.

(Assuming your running DHCP) During this time, your computer should notice the loss of connection and release your current IP address. When you plug in the router it should re-detect the network and re-assign all the pertinent connection criteria to your system. This would take care of a bad domain address.

This will most likely fix your problem, but if it doesn't, post back here and I will walk you through how to make a couple checks from the command prompt that may help track down the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-communicate-with-dns-server.787118/
Relevancy 58.48%

My computer keeps telling me the following message when I run the diagnostic test for internet connection problems
"cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (10.10.10.1)"

the commuter says its connected to the internet, but when I go to IE it says that I'm not connected. I've tried resetting my network adapter like it suggests but its not changing anything.

help please!!!

Relevancy 58.48%

can anyone help me

A:cannot communicate with dns server

Actually, the full repair is as follows.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 & Vista.

For XP, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

For Vista, Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259586-cannot-communicate-dns-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I recieve a message that says "Cannot communicate with DNS server (75.75.75.75)." whenever I try to connect to the internet. The only one available to me at the time is xfinity wifi which is a hotspot connection, however my phone is also connected and has no problem, and the data is disabled also.
I made sure any services that might be necessary for internet connection are set to run automatically and are started, I also restored any items that were deleted since before I lost the connection altho they were mostly personal files.
I cannot connect to 10.0.0.1 which is what usually works to change any wifi settings, but neither that or the comcast login page will load.

A:Cannot communicate with DNS server (75.75.75.75).

can we see an ipconfig /all please
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server-75-75-75-75.1143027/
Relevancy 58.48%

My power went down and when it returned, I could not access the internet via my Cisco Linksys router, model WRT350N. Windows diagnostics returned the subject error message. After 12 hours of researching and trying a number of "fixes" suggested on many forums, including this one, I resolved this problem by simply updating the firmware on the router. I'm guessing that some Windows Vista update caused an incompatibility and when the computer and the router were rebooted after the power outage, the incompatibility was activated. Anyway, I'm adding this to assist others so that they don't have to spend the amount of time I did resolving this frustrating problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/260526-cannot-communicate-dns-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I'm currently in a library When I found that the internet continuely speeding up and down I diagnosed the server and it said quot Cannot communicate with DNS server quot I've spent an hour browsing the internet and tried many ways to fix the problem but still doesn't work and I'm using Vista Here is some details Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name onon-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List plsinfo org Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix plsinfo org Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - F-CF-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a eb c e c d ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Cannot communicate server DNS with (172.20.1.10) Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A - B - CF - C F- AD BB br D F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap domain not set invalid Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Cannot communicate with DNS server (172.20.1.10) disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks in advance

A:Cannot communicate with DNS server (172.20.1.10)

Do you work for the library? If not, youre tampering with someones network.... Which isn't really legal.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282161-cannot-communicate-dns-server-172-20-1-10-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Well I know you guys have had a couple posts about this already but I read those without being able to fix the problem myself This morning I woke up to a completely broken internet with no idea how it happened server with Cannot Communicate DNS I downloaded nothing the past week and the only indication of irregularity I had was Mcafee going a bit loopy with a failed update and demanded that I reinstall it By the way I m using Vista -bit The next morning my internet was simply Cannot Communicate with DNS server not functioning Upon trying to repair the connection Windows said it was running perfectly fine When I opened the network adapter page and diagnosed it from there I got quot Cannot communicate with DNS server pinged the host but recieved no response quot I activated a system restore to before the Mcafee incident but it still didn t fix the problem I surfed the internet and found a couple links on this forum and other sites detailing some fixes like inputing some command like quot netsh set global rss disabled quot or something to that effect into the DOS cmd screen which still didn Cannot Communicate with DNS server t fix the problem and I would change the DNS server address if I knew what I should change it to -Anyway my laptop is an HP dv with an M GS video adapter -Network adapter is a Realtek RTL Family PCI E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS -I don t know the router that I m using as I m in college and the ethernet plug simply goes into the wall or maybe I m retarded and the above network adapter is the router -IPCONFIG- C Users XXXXX XXXXX gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name XXXXXLaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nyu florence it Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E - C- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nyu florence it Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - B- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe be f e ab a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca f bdc Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f bdc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd ca comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users XXXXX XXXXX gt Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance BTW I m living in Italy at the moment if it makes any difference I can find out the ISP over here if you guys need the info nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

My one year old laptop just randomly quit on me today and the dns won't connect
Ipv6 is disabled
I've tried making it static
I've tried open dns
I've tried the flushing renewing and all that
And I've tried uninstalling the driver
I'm completely out of ideas
BTW my Xbox (wired) iPhone iPad (both wireless) all work as well as my new laptop workse both ways
My roommate has the same model laptop as mine with issues and it currently has the same problem
I'd be willing to repeat any steps to figure this out just let me know what info you need

A:DNS server can't communicatE

Quote: Originally Posted by Ieich26

My one year old laptop just randomly quit on me today and the dns won't connect
Ipv6 is disabled
I've tried making it static
I've tried open dns
I've tried the flushing renewing and all that
And I've tried uninstalling the driver
I'm completely out of ideas
BTW my Xbox (wired) iPhone iPad (both wireless) all work as well as my new laptop workse both ways
My roommate has the same model laptop as mine with issues and it currently has the same problem
I'd be willing to repeat any steps to figure this out just let me know what info you need

Do you have McAfee installed on this system?

You might want to check out this link which is the most likely cause of this problem.

McAfee - Resolving the recent update issues with McAfee Consumer Products

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248447-dns-server-cant-communicate.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've been getting this error message after pressing "diagnose" in the "general" tab under "view status" in "Networking and Sharing Center". Thanks in advance to any solutions.

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok the problem is I cannot connect to the internet with my direct connection Wireless works fine but when i try to use the cable connection it doesn t work I have no router one end of the plug goes in my computer the other end goes in the wall When I diagnose the problem the window that comes up shows Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server network diagnostics Cannot communicate server with DNS pinged the remote host but did not receive a response gt Reset the network adapter Cannot communicate with DNS server quot Local Area Connection quot after i select reset the network adapter the same box reappears with more options gt Turn on wireless capability gt Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter quot Local Area Connection quot gt A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an Internet connection I select the second option and a box saying windows cannot resolve the problem appears The connection window shows IPv Connectivity Local the IPv Limited Internet Explorer and Firefox cannot connect to any website at all After reading some of the other posts on this forum about similar problems I tried quot TCP IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh Cannot communicate with DNS server winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log Reboot the machine quot which didn t seem to do anything also tried to do the openDNS thing but then the message just becomes quot Cannot communicate with DNS server quot I don t remember doing anything to screw up my computer suddenly like this I recently installed AVG Internet Security but even when I close it the problem persists so i don t think that is the problem quot This is the result after I entered IPCONFIG ALL into the command prompt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name My-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix oc cox net Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E -BF- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - A- -D - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Help please nbsp

I'm confused, how it is you can connect wirelessly but have no router? Either way you are not getting an IP address. If you have cable it binds to the MAC address. It takes about 5 minutes of the previous device being disconnected from it to be released.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server.789085/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Laptop thats Vaio Windows Vista and a computer that is Windows XP I have a bigpond modem connectedto the computer and connects wirelessly with my laptop Both are experiencing this error when I diganose it Cannot communicate with DNS server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response The internet is VERY slow and sometimes freezes on both computers How do I fix this HELP Btw I am not very good with computers sorry Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users computer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ammie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- -CB-E - with Cannot server communicate DNS B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe deb Preferred Cannot communicate with DNS server IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Cannot communicate with DNS server Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Cannot communicate with DNS server Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - A- - -F - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EAF -BFF - ED -A - F D B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cf e ca af Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ca af Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CC E - B B- -AB - D D EBD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I am using a Dell computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and a T Mobile web and walk stick for my internet access. In the last week the internet has been running slower than usual and every other time i send a request to the internet it says Internet Explorer is not connected but if i just re-send the info it connects.I've run a Windows Network Diagnostics test and the error message reads as follows:Cannot communicate with DNS Server (149.254.192.126)Can anyone tell me what i can do to fix this?

A:cannot communicate with dns server

T Mobile has confirmed that they are experiencing no problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server.724585/
Relevancy 58.48%

Alright so I ve read like three threads about this gosh darn DNS server error but all seem to be linked to wireless issues I m not sure I m in the same boat I have both a wired and wireless connection one wired desktop and one wireless laptop both computers are Dell and Communicate DNS Cannot server with are running on Vista I ve been getting random boots on the Cannot Communicate with DNS server wired desktop for about two days now and when I play online video games with the hubby both computers running at the same time I get booted on the wired and he doesn t on the wireless I figured meh it s a glitch cause I ve been Cannot Communicate with DNS server able to get on immediately after everytime Now both are giving me the same error and I can t get either online except for random speratic occasions for brief amounts of time like now So what do I do Where do I start I tried calling Comcast to no avail go figure gt lt Help please nbsp

A:Cannot Communicate with DNS server

What is the brand and model of your modem and of your router (or of your modem/router combination unit)?

If you have separate modem and router please try a computer connected directly to the modem to see how that goes. When switching the device connected to the modem remember to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router. Then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server.834019/
Relevancy 58.48%

I ve been having a problem with my browser lately Its really slow and it turns (196.40.3.9) Cannot communicate DNS with server out I have ping average the ping does up and down some times its or sometimes eny way I get this msg when I use the diagnose option quot Cannot communicate with DNS server I read a couple of threads but i couldn t figure it out on my own so I need help This Cannot communicate with DNS server (196.40.3.9) is command prompt thing I get for quot IPCONFIG ALL quot Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Fer gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Fer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Cannot communicate with DNS server (196.40.3.9) Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List amnet co cr Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix amnet co cr Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - F-C - B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f bb c a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January PM Lease Expires Saturday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- -C - - - F-C - B- -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix amnet co cr Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix amnet co cr Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address be a be a Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I would really appreciate instructions for this the IT from ISP sucks nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Toshiba A215-S4807 using Windows Vista Home Premium. My wireless network connection status is: IPv4 connectivity: Local; IPv6 connectivity Limited; Media stae enabled; Speed 54,-Mbps; signal quality very good; however, I cannot get onto the Internet. Diagnostics comes up with Cannot communicate with DNS server (8.8.8.8.) and Windows cannot repair automatically. Help!

Relevancy 58.48%

I'll start with saying I'm trying to get a computer that was last used in 2012 (twice, before that it was heavily used in 2010) to connect to the internet. I have a Toshiba laptop that I'm trying to get working for my mother to use. However, no matter what I do, this issue keeps popping up.

It's not an issue with the internet itself, four other laptops are hooked up fine to it, as well as two mobile devices. They all run perfectly. This laptop however is having issues.

I got about as far as going onto system to make sure both the ipv6 and four have it set to automatic connect on all the settings. Other than that I got lost in a sea of information.

I'm not sure what kind of information I need to give you guys so you can help me?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304162-cannot-communicate-dns-server.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone, first time poster but I lurked from time to time and posted sometimes on the Win7 forum, I've been playing around with Win8 HyperV and I had a question:

I have two servers installed via HyperV, one is Server 2008 R2 and the other is Server 2012. I want to get them to communicate with eachother but I only have 1 nic onboard. I've setup an external virtual switch and have internet connection with my host OS and both servers (same connection) but I don't know what steps I need to take next to get them to talk to eachother and share resources. I also plan on making a few more VM's (Ubuntu/Fedora) and want to make them to talk to eachother as well (which will be a later question )

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Getting two server to communicate on HyperV with one Nic

Hi Mhansen, welcome to the Eight Forums.

Using virtual switches on Hyper-V can be tricky. Networking between your two virtual machines is done exactly as if they were two physical computers. If they both use the same external virtual switch and belong to same subnet, they should be able to connect.

This tutorial might give you some hints on working with virtual switches: Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/18114-getting-two-server-communicate-hyperv-one-nic.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When my internet disconnects every once in a while, I diagnose it and it says that it could not communicate with the primary DNS server. I have checked it using nslookup and indeed it is the correct one. I think this could possibly be the problem to my random disconnections. Is there any ideas on how to possibly get this message cleared so it doesn't come up anymore?

Relevancy 57.62%

Okay so I am in high school and taking a computer systems class. My teacher asked us to set up an FTP Server at home and while doing this I opened port 21 like asked and then my IP address changed(not even sure how that would happen). And now my internet doesn't work. I cannot open my router setting in the web browser and my internet connection says local only.
All my other devices (iPod iphone iPad iMac laptop and tv) work with wifi but not my wired desktop and Xbox.
I have xfinity Comcast router Arris TG862
When I click Diagnose and Repair in the Network and Sharing Center I get a message reading "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response.
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS
Current ipconfig /all in picture below

Relevancy 57.62%

I have an HP Pavillion laptop with vista that can't connect to my home network. I've never had a problem connecting to any other networks public or private but for some reason everytime I try to connect to my home network it only lets me connect locally with no internet access. When i try to repair the connection it just comes up with Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server(24.159.193.40). Any advice or help would be extremely appreciated Thanks!!

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a HP pavilion dv600 laptop running vista. I have used the wireless internet many times both at work and around town. However one day at work it stopped connecting to the internet. It says local connection only. It will not load the log on page. When I try and diagnose problems it says:

Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (205.171.2.65)
(Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response)

Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing it and then it says:

Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. Cannot communicate with primary DNS server(205.171.2.65)

Again there is an option to reset the network adaptor. It just goes round in circles.
I have googled the problem but no-one seems to have the same problem.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks ver much, Elliott.

Relevancy 57.62%

Ever since out boarder downstairs moved in the internet connection has been intermittently cutting out for periods of - minutes before reconnecting itself It seems the boarder has been having the same server with primary Cannot communicate DNS issue We are both using the same router and both connected via cords but the issue is the same with wireless The router is set to get DNS settings automatically Cannot communicate with primary DNS server from ISP C Users Mum and Dad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheCPU Cannot communicate with primary DNS server Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Cannot communicate with primary DNS server Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - -FD-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ab a cc dbcc b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday October PM Lease Expires Saturday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap - EE - BC-A DC-CC A br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I m having some problems with my internet connection that I can t figure out I ve searched google searched several with Server Cannot Primary communicate DNS forums and tried various things Nothing seems to work I m using Windows Vista Home Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Premium on a desktop which is connected to a wireless network using the standard wireless Linksys router When I connect to my router wirelessly it does not connect to the internet and it s Access reads Local Only as opposed to quot Local amp Internet quot I use the Diagnose and Repair option and it sends back a Network Diagnostics messages saying quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot The option it gives me to repair is to reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot but when I click on that I Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server get a message that comes back saying the same exact thing This problem only persists on my desktop the other laptops in the house work fine So maybe a DNS changer trojan I don t know Here is some of my information I appreciate any help Using ipconfig all the following is displayed Windows IP Configuration Host Name Zexby-PC Primary Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ct comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ct comcast net Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - - B- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd b b af ff Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Monday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- -B -DD- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ct comcast net Description isatap hsd ct comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E AFC -E C- B A-BB F-C EB br DD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I have also included what appears when I try to pull up the NETBIOS nbtstat -n ping an internet website www live com my default gateway my desktop s ip address and my computer zexby-pc C Windows system gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- ZEXBY-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered ZEXBY-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Windows system gt ping www live com Ping request could not find host www live com Please check the name and try aga in C Windows... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

When I try to connect through my Linksys router I get the message: "Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server". I have tried numerous steps but have yet to solve the problem. I have a Windows Vista operating system. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have a windows vista laptop and I ve just got internet in my flat Unfortunately I can t connect to the internet at all - I can get a local with server primary communicate DNS Can't connection but nothing else Everyone else s laptops can connect fine so it s not a problem with the modem or the network Below is my ipconfig please help Microsoft Windows Version Can't communicate with primary DNS server Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - D-D - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - -AC- - A- - - - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ic ac uk Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ic ac uk Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Alex gt nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

ok i've recently moved and i am currently running my internet through WIFI and everything works fine for the most part but i would like to get my PC back onto wired connection to the router.

now the problem i face atm is that when i turn off WIFI and connect my cable to the computer i'm unable to get a internet connection and on running a windows network diagnostics i am given the problem ' Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server(62.31.144.39)'

any help with this would be much appreciated

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server

Please show for an ethernet connection and then for a wireless connection ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.831972/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I cannot connect to the internet A message Cannot communicate with primary DNS with DNS server communicate primary Cannot server I have tired repairing it turned off firewall selected Obtain an IP address automatically quot and quot Obtain DNS server address automatically and tired to used OpenDNS but nothing hasn t Cannot communicate with primary DNS server worked I am using a university network which my laptop is connected to a wall jack Here are the results when i typed in ipconfig all C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Steph-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nac tees ac uk Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - F-E -F - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix tees ac uk Description Intel R WiFi Link Physical Address - -EA-CF- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nac tees ac uk Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - F- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Cannot communicate with primary DNS server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap tees ac uk Physical Address - Cannot communicate with primary DNS server - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nac tees ac uk Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D B B- C - EDD- B- E C E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I've researched this fairly extensively over the past couple weeks and Primary DNS Cannot server Communicate with none of the solutions I've found online has worked for me My internet connection running Vista bit service pack I think randomly drops me Running the windows diagnose and repair option informs me that it can't communicate with the primary dns sever Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS server and advises me to reset the network adapter Doing so just leads in a circle as the same problem occurs until the Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS server connection appears to fix itself I'm currently using comcast and a motorola surfboard modem with a linksys wrtfg router to connect to my xbox Relevant IP information from the command prompt is Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e c e b d Link-local IPv Address fe c e b d f d Default Gateway I've tried disabling the IPv option manually assigning various DNS and IPs in the network connections removing the router from the network using a different modem called in a comcast technician who couldn't figure it out either used the command prompt to reset the IP and DNS and probably other things that I can't think of right now Help please

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS server

And I just realized, like an idiot, that I probably posted this in the wrong section. The Network forums probably would have been better. My apologies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-431179.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So I have checked out a couple of these threads and tried to narrow it But it all started with that Cannot Communicate with primary DNS Server error Here s what I ve got I m on a wired desktop PC running Windows Vista Home Premium My roommates are connecting to the internet through my router We Communicate with Server DNS Cannot primary lost internet a Cannot Communicate with primary DNS Server couple days ago If I unplug my router and plug the modem straight into my PC it works fine So Cannot Communicate with primary DNS Server that seems to narrow it down to a router problem Here is my ipconfig all C Users Chris gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chris-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ut comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ut comcast net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - C-BE- -DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e cbf c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-AB- D- - - C-BE- -DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ut comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes When I try to ping the default gateway I get this Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Searching around led me to believe that the DNS Servers were messed up and somehow led me to try just resetting my router and starting over When I tried that it prompts me for a firmware update So looking that up I found that the power light on my router A version Linksys is continuously blinking which indicates that the firmware is corrupted according to this article http linksys custhelp com cgi-bin F ZXh PWZpcm YXJlIHRmdHA amp p li amp p topview So I went to their site downloaded the latest firmware in a bin format then installed it It went through okay but now when I hit the setup site all I get is a connection reset page as though it is not connected at all I have triple checked the wires just to make sure I have tried resetting the router again to no avail and the power light is still blinking I am stuck Help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

having a bit of trouble. keep receiving this error on home system. have reset my router several times with no luck. Wi-Fi cuts in and out. have also disabled and re-enabled my network connection and still receive same message. not really very computer savvy so I am asking for other possible solutions. this problem seems a bit intermittent. some days working fine and others just cant get connection. any help would be appreciated. my cable company is trying to sell me some technical support to resolve it but thought I would check here first. router is fine according to cable company. please help!

A:can not communicate with primary dns server

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

Wi-Fi cuts in and out.Click to expand...

By this you mean it is as if you turn the router's radio on and off? The wireless LED also turns on and off?

Does ethernet work OK, or does it have the same intermittent problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.1103709/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys - I am not an experienced user and need help. I am running Windows Vista on a Gateway laptop and am trying to hook wireless to a Linksys WRT54G-G router. The internet connection is fine through the DSL modem furnished bt AT&T, but will not go through router even using ethernet connection. Please help!!

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a vista laptop that just stopped connecting to the internet the other day The router is working correctly as our other laptop is using it and it s working fine When i try and diagnose problems it says Cannot communicate with primary DNS server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing Primary DNS Server communicate with Cannot it and then it says Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with primary DNS server It just Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server says that there still seems to be a Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server problem with your connection Here is the info from my IPconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stephanie gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Link-local IPv Address fe b ef ab e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and then turn it back on, my connection status is "Local Only" I can resolve this problem by clicking on "Diagnose and Repair" from the "Network and Sharing Center" and clicking on

Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server(192.168.0.1)
"Reset wireless Network adapter"

however if I then decide to put my laptop on sleep again i have to go through the whole process of resetting the network adapter before the internet is working again. I am getting tired of this and would be soooo thankful to anyone with a solution to this annoying problem.

THANKS in advance!!!!!!!!
Operating System : Windows Vista Home Premium
Router model: netgear dg834pn

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server(192.168.0.1)

If you are lucky you will fix this by getting the latest driver for your wireless adapter. If it is an integrated adapter get it from your PC manufacturer's web site.

Second, make sure you have the latest firmware for the router. Then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure.

If you are using WEP encryption try unencrypted for a test, and then try to switch to using WPA(2)-PSK ('cause Vista sometimes struggles with WEP).

If none of these measures are a solution you are probably left with three choices--try a different wireless adapter, try a different router, or use my workaround when I encounter this: switch the wireless off before Sleep and switch it back on upon awakening.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-192-168-0-1.888361/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a similiar yet slightly different problem to the user adamblacky in this post http forums techguy org networking -solved-cannot-communicate-primary-dns html I m on a private home laptop with housemates We have around laptops accessing the same network and only have problems One s on vista and one s on windows The first one I want to fix is the vista laptop The different thing to adamblacky s problem is that both these laptops occasionally connect fine usually when they ve just been switched on for anywhere from secs to a few DNS communicate with Cannot Server Primary minutes or more then the connection drops out Right now I haven t been able to connect for a while with the vista one The error message I m getting is Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with Primary Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server DNS Server Here s the ipconfig all ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Windows IP Configuration Host Name Andrew-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - D-EC-A -BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N Adapter Physical Address - - F- -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba e f da ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - AM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E -EB- - -AE- - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -AE- - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F CEF - - D -A - D D br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C DE- F - -A -B E D AA br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The user Compaq had a fix for adamblacky which I ve put below Go into CONTROL PANEL Click on NETWORK CONNECTIONS You should see a WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION in there Right-Click on it and click PROPERTIES Find INTERNET PROTOCOL TCP IP in the list Click Prop... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

This is the notice I'm getting when trying to resolve the problem: Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server(fe80::d40:33b7:537:5efa%11)

Can't seem to get my wireless running. I could connect to the router but not the internet.

Help will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you,
Helen

Relevancy 57.62%

Alright I am by no means computer savvy but I do know what I'm doing once I get a clue what's going on Unforutnately I have too many ideas and not enough patience to shift them through We have two wireless routers coming off the same modem atm no other way I can get my personal router up in this house mine being the second connected through the first wireless one Modem -- Router --- Router mine The first one has limitations for their kids According to them my IP and whatnot is not in theirs as far as those settings go but I will still get kicked off my net during the times that the kids would be kicked off with the quot Cannot Comm quot error I don't know if it is because my settings or theirs or some type of midway communication error because mine goes through theirs but I'll post my IPCONFIG ALL stats Microsoft Windows Version Copyright Microsoft Corportation All rights reserved C Users Anasaki gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sarenxa Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No With Server(192.168.0.1) DNS Primary Communicate Cannot Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-C - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ba df Preferred IPv Adress Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server(192.168.0.1) Saturday September AM Lease Expires Sunday September AM Default Gateway fe ff fe a DHCP Server DNS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server(192.168.0.1) Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F -B - -B -AFD E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -C A - E - - BA C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Excuse any typos I had to manually type it out for lack of resources I made sure I didn't mistype any of the important long numbers that have no meaning to me P If you have any suggestions or if I need to update anything that I forgot to write now please let me know Like I said I'm a fast learner with google on my side so I shouldn't be too hard to talk to Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9817d3f-143b-4441-a82c-3595bf32aa5b/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server19216801?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm having issues connecting to the Internet through my netgear router. The other laptops in the house work fine so I'm sure it's an issue with the setting on my laptop that are the issue. It connects to the router, tries to identify, them says unidentified and remains at a local only connection.

The error says: cannot connect with primary dns server (192.168.2.1). Windows cannot resolve it itself, I've tried contacting my internet provider but they were no help, and also tried resolving using similar threads in this forum but think I could be making it worse by trying suggestions that do not apply to my problem??

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated, guys!!

(typed from my phone so apologies for any mistakes!!)

Oh and I'm using Vista

Relevancy 57.62%

I have read all the previous threads, and have followed the steps w/the adding the DNS IP address but for some reason am still having issues, i will be connected for about 3 seconds, than kicked, than back on for 5 seconds, than kicked.... I'm getting very frustrated... please help me.

A:Cannot Communicate with primary DNS server

mdamore:
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Please provide the brand, model & model # of your modem & router.

Are you using ethernet or wireless?

Which steps did you try? No need for us to waste your time by suggesting them.

Which version of Windows? Which service pack? Which flavor of XP, Vista, Win 7?
Be sure that in network connections, TCP / IP's properties are set to automatically obtain an IP address & automatically find a DNS server.

Open a command prompt.
start > programs / all programs > accessories > command prompt.
type: cd\
press "enter"
type: ipconfig /all
note the presence of a space between ipconfig & /
note the absence of a space between / & all
Press "enter"
Right click the windows. Press your "enter" key.
This will copy information to your computer's clipboard.
Return here, Paste the information in a reply.

Which firewall are you using?

When did the problem begin? Have you ever been able to connect to your desired network [ & / or the internet ]? If so, what changed?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.881893/
Relevancy 57.62%

I was recently out of town and Cannot communicate Server Primary with DNS took my laptop with me Upon returning our apartment had a new modem I was able to connect wirelessly prior to leaving and had no problem connecting wirelessly while traveling but can not connect now that I'm back home I suspect it's DNS related but can't get Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server it Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server figured out Tech support at the ISP is not helping at all I have a Compaq Presario C the modem is a Cisco DPC All my settings are set to 'Automatic' I've tried all of the diagnostics resets unplugging etc to no avail Any help would be appreciated I really don't think this is an issue with my PC like my ISP is telling me Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe d cc e bfef IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe f c a f IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix

Welcome benpfiffner,

You need to tell me more. Is this a combo router/modem ? If so, you may need to access the router page and put your computer mac addy on the allowed list. Did this come with a password ? Post back so i may understand this better.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292533-cannot-communicate-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I watched a movie truogh my laptop sony vaio (213.243.153.170) with Cannot primary server communicate DNS VGN-FZ Z and it went into standby sleep mode And after that I cant connect to the internet not wireless and not by cabel I Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170) ve tryed to reset the network adaptor and repair the connection but nothing seems to help C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Fjalle-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170) Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -A -ED-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170) F- -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c ff cc dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained marraskuuta Lease Expires marraskuuta Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap - E - -A FF- D CEF A br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C gt nbsp

A:Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170)

Did you try a full reboot? This is frequently an issue with the wireless drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-213-243-153-170.765325/
Relevancy 57.62%

My internet always gives me this when I try to repair the it. After awhile, it comes on again for a little bit and then dies out again. Even when my internet is working fine, it has considerably slowed down to a few months ago.

Relevancy 57.62%

I just recently reformatted my hard drive on my laptop and completely restored it with the original VISTA Primary with Server Cannot DNS communicate I am now having problems connecting to the internet via wireless connection The error message I am receiving is quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server I have tried resetting the network adapter as well as the router multiple times to no avail Also tried resetting the TCP IPv and TCP IPv No Luck there either I ve also tried disabling all quot non-microsoft quot services at startup and the problem still continues HELP Thanks all in advance Mike Here is the ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Flyin High gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mikes Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - - C-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -DE- D-DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b b c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway fe ff fe cbab DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A C -FC - EEB- D - E C br FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FBE AB - B - E- - AF B D br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I have got a vista laptop and when i try and access my wireless internet at home it connects to the router but cannot connect to the internet The router used to work fine till a couple of days ago but Communicate Primary With DNS Server Cannot i dont know what happened Now the system is connected as follows The modem is connected to the pc and the router is connected to the modem from one of he ports not from the Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server internet port This is the error given Cannot communicate with primary DNS server fe e Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with primary DNS server When i did ipconfog all these are the results Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - C- -F - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- -D -E -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d cd f f b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- - F-A - - -B - - A- DNS Servers fe e NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -B - - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CE E - A D- B -B -CFD B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHC... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there I am having problems staying connected to my university internet In the dorms I can connect and stay connected DNS Server With Primary Communicate Cannot wirelessly Also in my apartment I can connect and keep a stable wireless connection However I work a security job at Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server night in front of Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server the dorms Here I can connect to all of their wireless networks one is a secure server for students other one is public wifi last one is called web only for browsing the web When I use secure or wifi because I like to go on aim and play games when possible however I seem to get cut off from the internet like there was a bandwith limit or overload that I exceeded after a while but I am still connected to their network Running diagnosis I always get this error Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server numbers in here vary depending on which of the university s wireless I connect to Sometimes it s a simple X IP address other times it is something like fe d a b I am running on a -bit Vista Home Premium I use AVG and basic windows for security I try to be pretty careful to what I expose my PC to and I run sweeps and scans bi-weekly using malware etc Typing ipconfig all into a command prompt I get Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiLk-Lappy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -EA- C-B -EC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -CE-B - - D-BA- - A- DNS Servers fe d a b NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA- - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A-BD - - FA-F D br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a c bb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a c bb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description isatap -EA F- AC -A B - B C br F A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e b a e b Preferred IPv Address a e a a e a Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers fe d a b NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Yeah so I am having a problem on the two networks which allow me ... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

I am using a HP g notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium service pack My internet Service is Comcast I have a Belkin F D - V wireless router For months I have not had any problem getting kicked off the net Then my connection to the net started dropping out every mins it seems I would get a message saying there was a problem with my DNS server It gives a option to repair or restart the router and that will temporally fix the problem I called my ISP they reset the modem I reset the router back to factory defaults Then the ISP had me go into command prompt and enter gt ipconfig flushdns that fixed the problem for about hours Now I am getting kicked off and getting a message saying can not communcate with primary DNS server I have read through threads here concerning this Cannot HELP Server. communicate PLEASE Primary DNS with issue but im lost All my lights on the modem are green I can connect to the net throught the ethernet cable no problem HELP ME PLEASE IM GOING TO JUMP OUT THE WINDOW LOLL Microsoft Windows Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chevy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chevy-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR a g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c fbc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - F- - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE A- EE- BA- A - CCD br EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef bc ae b e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ae b e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE A- EE- BA- A - CCD br EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE A- EE- BA- A - CCD br EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Chevy gt nbsp

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE

Well, the fact that you can connect wired but not wireless would point to a wireless contention issue as my top suspect.
Some things you can try here, listed in the order you should try them.
For wireless connections, remove all the stored wireless profiles and search for networks. You'll have to enter the encryption key again, which is sometimes the issue for connection problems.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-help-please.891201/
Relevancy 57.62%

i can connect to my linksys router but not the internet alot of people say that u just add a "DNS SERVER" can you help me please i need personal facts on me not in ganeral. i have windows vista home basic

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey i am somewhat in need of help Cannot Server Communicate ... With Primary DNS I cannot fix this by myself and its really getting annoying Okay So it goes like this Nearly every month or so a certain error occurs Quote Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server I could live with the once a month but this month just topped it all Yesterday i had no internet at all because of our provider for one part and this error as well which just has to happen at the same time So moving on i got this error and today it must have happened at least each hour if not even less It is not just getting annoying but it is interfering with my activities such as gaming and skype etc So moving on to the good stuff Im not going Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server ... to be a dumbarss so here is a screenshot Zoomed on error Normal Screenshot Oh yeah and if i sound a bit harsh its because i could hit a wall right now So please if you can help me do so Edit Clicking Quote Automatically get new IP Settings for the new network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot Fixes the problem nearly of the times I just wish i knew what caused this so i can eliminate this sucker If there is anything i can do to give more information please tell me

A:Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server ...

I have same problem but cannot fix by "Automatically get new IP .... Connection"
Please need help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-443228.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I'm using an server/local DNS communicate with Cannot only HP G notebook which I've had for a year trying to connect through a D-link ADSL router and a Linksys wireless G broadband router Cannot communicate with DNS server/local only I've had the computer for a year and generally it works fine The problem is I've moved house and the ADSL router and Cannot communicate with DNS server/local only wireless router are new and it will only connect as Local Only This happens with the wireless and connected directly with a cable to the ADSL My friends computer with XP works fine on he same system but I get error message Network diagnostic pinged the remote host but did not recieve a reply The repair function resets the network adaptor but this doesn't help unfortunately can't cut and paste the IP config because I can't connect to the internet to send it But can give specific info from it if asked if that helps One thing that might be important when I first set up the wireless router it did connect but the first time i turned the computer off and back on it didn't connect and hasn't done so since Any help would be great Simon

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193338-cannot-communicate-dns-server-local-only.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a brand new Acer Aspire I communicate primary Server Cannot DNS with live in an apartment where the internet connection is a straight ethernet wall port we don t use a modem in our apartment We just plug into the wall My internet goes on and off but my wife s mac works fine When I click diagnose and repair it just says quot Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server quot I will post the message Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server box below also And here is what the command prompt says I am Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server not super fluent in computer speak so if someone would help I would appreciate it Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Preston amp Beka gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Preston Primary Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List broadweave net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix broadweave net Description Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- -CC- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e f c b d Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec e f c b d Preferred Temporary IPv Address a c ce Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e f c b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November AM Default Gateway fe e f d ab DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D AA - - - - ECFA EC br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d ecf ba ba Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe d ecf ba ba Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled THE MESSAGE BOX WON T ATTACH HERE BUT IT SAYS Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I ve been getting this error message lately my internet will cut out periodically sometimes i can not browse webpages but my aim and msn messenger are still connected other times no messengers will communicate primary cannot with server!! DNS work either My bitorrent does not download at all Sometimes the internet will come back within - minutes other times i cannot communicate with primary DNS server!! have to mess around resetting the network adapter or turning the switch off and on on the unit or i have to restart Doing a test download when it works from sun java site it dl s at about kb s I have a linksys WRT G v connected to a Cable Modem I ve used this router in other places and have never had this problem before If i connect directly to the modem the internet works fine I ve also tried connecting it through an RJ- to the router and i have the same problem I ve just recently changed the DNS setting on the router to opendns com settings and and it has shown a marked improvement in connectivity however the problem still persists oddly enough it is almost garaunteed to happen when i start up bitorrent for some reason The main error message i get is cannot communicate with primary DNS server xxx xxx when it does the repair sometimes it says it has been repaired but other problems still exist i dont get that errror message anyomre since changing it opendns com but i still get quot cannot connect to www microsoft com xx xxx xxx quot when i try to repair it The icon says it is connected locally and internet always during the whole thing which i know could just be my laptop and vista S but ive checked all my drivers etc Also when i connect it with a wire it shows im connected to like - networks even the network name i had before on the router and my school network and a same named one but with a at the end I ve reset my router checked the settings i don t know what else to do any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Ive had the same laptop With Communicate Primary Server Cannot DNS for and a half years and never had this problem before days ago i lost all connection to the internet whilst my computer was connected Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server to the house router During this time I could see other computers on the network but for some reason could not connect to the internet At this point my housemates were on the same network but they were connecting to the internet fine The diagnosis message says quot Cannot communicate with primary DNS server quot After about hours I had connectivity again but then lost it again in the same way last night From looking around on the internet it seems to be something which has been noted a few times and it seems people can end up losing connectivity for large periods of time weeks if its not sorted out and this would suck being in my final year at university From what iv researched people normally seem to be able to fix this but it seems to be a person specific cure different answer for each case so i was hoping someone could help me out below is my ipconfig all results THANK YOU Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - D- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d aa c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- - - - - B-DB-B -A DNS Servers fe c cf b a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description isatap B C A EF- A- D-A B- F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd c c f fffc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c c f fffc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. I cannot connect to internet. I have tried to do Diagnose and Repair and I got the following message: Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (84.203.254.34)

The ipconfig images attached.

Thanks.

A:Cannot communicate with primary DNS server

Hrmmm interesting... according to http://www.robtex.com/dns/mysmart.ie.html the DNS should be -

Maybe you can try hardcoding the DNS portion of your TCP/IP it and see if you now are able to use it. This will tell you if the DHCP servers are giving you incorrect TCP/IP information. Ultimately if this fixes it you may need to get with your ISP to find out why their DHCP is giving out incorrect DNS server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.800167/
Relevancy 57.62%

This laptop is fairly new and was a Christmas present to my younger sister It had been working on our home wireless connection just fine but for some reason suddenly stopped The router is a bit old but I know the problem isn t in the router because my brother is still receiving the wireless connection to his Wii My sister found that the wireless connection Server Communicate DNS with Cannot Primary switch on her computer had accidentally been turned off but turning it back on has not repaired the problem Right now I am getting internet by hooking up the computer directly to the router The computer fully recognizes the wireless network but cannot connect to the internet despite connecting to the network When I try to fix the problem I get the message quot cannot communicate with Primary DNS server quot I googled this hoping to find Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server a way to solve the problem Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server and found a very similar problem that was solved on this site http forums techguy org networking -solved-cannot-communicate-primary-dns html I tried to imitate the instructions in the above link by adding a DNS server I think that might perhaps fix the problem but I don t know which DNS server to add Below is the command prompt specifications of my computer that the link above suggested the user post If adding a server will indeed fix the problem please just tell me which server I need to add I already know how to add it If not I would appreciate it if you would work with me to restore the wireless capabilities Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users julieadmin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name julieadmin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL B Wireless b g Mbp s USB Network Adapter Physical Address - - F-DE-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -D - C- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b a addb a b b Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec a b b Preferred Temporary IPv Address b a addb a f f cebd a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - E- -D - C- F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b a addb b a addb Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server

whats connected by cable on the above post - looks like a modem ?
is the router / modem connected up all OK

Is the firewall blocking access to wireless - switch off the firewall

I would go back into the wireless netwroks settings and set up to obtain all automatically

can you connect to the router by cable and work ?

Do you have wireless secruity enabled - it may be worth removing all the profiles and setting up again
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
--

- XP
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will need to use working PC and copy to faulty PC
Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.902275/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have been trying to connect to the Internet Server communicate Primary DNS with Cannot via a wireless connection but keep receiving the above error None of the Windows solutions resolve the problem On Google Chrome I see a Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server screen saying This web page is not available and receive Error Unable to resolve the server s DNS address I cannot access Internet Explorer either The strange this is that this problem only seems to occur with some wireless networks as I can connect fine at home In certain places however I am told that I am connected but that accss is Local Only and I cannot open any browsers I need the problem resolved as soon as possible as I cannot access the internet where I need it most I am using a Compaq Presario A and Windows Vista Please make your answers as simple as possible as I am rubbish with computers as you can probably tell Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to get this resolved nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I am new to the forum and a bit of a with Cannot (192.168.0.1) Communicate Server DNS Primary novice so please be gentle its my first time I cannot currently connect to the internet on my Dell Inspiron Laptop running Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server (192.168.0.1) Windows Vista This happened today after uninstalling Adobe Photoshop Lightroom although I have no idea why a network problem could be caused by a software removal Do you think it is related Both my wifes smart phone and my own work on the same connection from the Sky wireless router that distributes the signal but the Windows network diagram show an excellent local connection to the computer from the router and no connection at all to the internet When I try to diagnose and fix through the Windows link the following message is shown quot Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server Network diagnostics pinged remote host but did not recieve a response quot Windows has reset the network adapter for the wireless network connection but this does not repair the problem The problem still exists Can you help please I am currently on night shift with no access to the Laptop but my wife has sent me pictures of the IPCONFIG ALL information attached I will have a go at whatever you guys suggest when I get home in the morning Thanks in advance Tom nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey I'd appreciate any help regarding the periodic loss of Internet connectivity whilst using my Acer Aspire G laptop I connect via DNS Server Primary with communicate Cannot a Linksys WRT G wireless router Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Everything has been fine up till about weeks back my Internet connection will go off approximately - times per hour Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server and I'd have to 'Diagnose and repair' my wireless connection with these messages frequently popping up please refer to screenshots I tried looking up other forums for possible solutions and ran ipconfig in command prompt as directed Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Mochadi Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Sony Ericsson Device USB Ethernet Emu lation NDIS Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Mochadi Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E -AF-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Physical Address -A -D -A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Could someone please advise on this constant problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Is there a reason you havent got your router set as your primary DNS server?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243756-cannot-communicate-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm using vista on a home network and for the past 3 days (I remember windows installed some updates lately not sure if its since that time) it can connect to the wireless network but not to internet(unless wired to the modem directly) but the other laptop and the ps3 works fine only my laptop have the problem and when i try diagnose and repair I got the message: cannot communicate with primary dns server(192.168.0.1) the reset the network adapter solution isn't working I found this thread http://forums.techguy.org/networking/697922-solved-cannot-communicate-primary-dns.html but the solution didn't solved my problem.
Anyone can help me please?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I m using an HP G notebook which I ve had for a year trying to connect through a D-link ADSL router communicate server/local with only cannot DNS and a Linksys wireless G broadband router I ve had the computer for a year and generally it works fine The problem is I ve moved house and the ADSL router and wireless router are new and it will only connect as Local Only This happens with the wireless and connected directly with a cable to the ADSL My friends computer with XP works fine on he same system but I get error message Cannot communicate with DNS server Network diagnostic pinged the remote host but did not recieve a reply The repair function resets the network adaptor but this doesn t help unfortunately can t cut and paste the IP config because I can t connect to the internet to send it But can give specific info from it if asked if that helps One thing that might be important when I first set up the wireless router it did connect but the first time i turned the computer off and back on it didn t connect and hasn t done so since Any help would be great Simon nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-dns-server-local-only.770686/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having a sony vaio laptop vista premium is running on it and a desktop in which windows xp professional is there I am trying to connect internet via wired lan i am able to access in my desktop but not in laptop can some one help me pleaseeeeeee I am currently in korea the same laptop when in india has worked fine where i used wired lan only Below are some with Primary communicate Cannot server DNS more details ipconfig all for my laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name srinu-PC Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f c e bd ccf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E DF -F C - -A - br br A CE CE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferre d Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c c Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF- E - FA -BE - br br E D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig all of my desktop which is working fine C WINDOWS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maincom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FF- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February A M I tried enableing disabling DHCP tried some resets using winsock command tried using open dns but still same error i am unable to turnoff on router as it is not under my control can some one please help me thanks in advance nbsp

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server

Enable automatic addressing on the failing machine.
Configure DHCP for Windows Vista & Windows 7
Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
Click on Network and Internet. (Skip this step if you do not see this Control Panel item.)
Click on Network and Sharing Center.
Click on Manage network connections.
Right click on Connection you wish to change and choose Properties. If Windows say it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Click Close to close the Network Connections window.
Click Close to close the Control Panel window.
Restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.899383/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having a sony vaio laptop Cannot with DNS server Primary communicate vista premium is running on it and a desktop in which windows xp professional is Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server there I am trying to connect internet via wired lan i am able to access Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server in my desktop but not in laptop can some one help me pleaseeeeeee I am currently in korea the same laptop when in india has worked fine where i used wired lan only Below are some more details ipconfig all for Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server my laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name srinu-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f c e bd ccf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E DF -F C - -A - br br A CE CE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferre d Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c c Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF- E - FA -BE - br br E D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig all of my desktop which is working fine C WINDOWS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maincom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FF- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February A M I tried enableing disabling DHCP tried some resets using winsock command tried using open dns but still same error i am unable to turnoff on router as it is not under my control can some one please help me thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-457843.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an HP Pavilion desktop with vista home premium and just recently I've been having lots of trouble accessing webpages with it. For awhile I just neede to refresh the pages a couple times and they would work ok, but today it stopped working and now tells me : Cannot communicate with primay DNS server(192.168.1.1). I know someone had this issue solved for them and i tried adding the dns, but it did not help. I'm typing this message from my girlfriends presario which is using the wireless router that my computer is plugged into. This presario works just fine online, so i don't believe the problem is the router or the cable modem. Personally, i believe it to be a vista issue. I don't know but I'm very frustrated, please help!

A:Cannot communicate with primay DNS server

Hi useful idiot, and welcome to TSG.

useful idiot said:

Cannot communicate with primay DNS server (192.168.1.1).
I'm typing this message from my girlfriends presario which is using the wireless router that my computer is plugged into.Click to expand...

Do both your computer and your girlfriend's computer have identical DNS settings?

A computer with a 192.168.1.1 IP Address for the DNS server usually indicates that your router is the DNS server. In that case the router is configured to pass the DNS lookup requests to the primary and possible secondary DNS server addresses supplied by your internet service provider.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primay-dns-server.728685/
Relevancy 57.62%

This is what my computer is saying when I try to diagnose and repair my wireless connection.

If I restart my wireless router, my wireless internet connection will work for about 5-10 minutes most of the time but some times not at all and when I go to repair it, it says whats in the title. I have another laptop on the same connection that works when the other is not most of the time but they both are having the same problem. How do I fix this

A:Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (64.71.255.198)

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router. Then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure.

Make sure the wireless adapters each have the latest driver. For an integrated adapter you should get the driver from the PC manufacturer's web site.

Consider wireless interference, especially from another network or 2.4 GHz cordless phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-64-71-255-198.901646/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all,
I have a laptop (fixed modem - not wireless), and laptop ran out of juice while connected to internet. Since then I cannot access the internet and get the following message 'Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (62.31.64.39). I use Windows Vista.
How do I fix the problem, please?

All help appreciated, thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-62-31-64-39-a-351302.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I am trying to set up my friends laptop to use my wireless which works on my computer I saw a bunch of threads on this already but I still could not solve this problem and its getting me real flustered Any help would be appreciated The computer is a Compaq Presario C notebook PC with Windows Vista This is the ipconfig when its on wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name Marisa-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List with primary communicate server DNS Cannot mvcable net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mvcable net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - - C- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc e ce b Cannot communicate with primary DNS server fa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday December PM Lease Expires Wednesday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- D- C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap mvcable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ABA B -DE F- F -AE -A D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I recently set up our new Cisco Linksys E1000 router (we originally had a Belkin, but it is dying). It works perfectly fine on my desktop. However, there is only a "local connection" on my mom's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite running Vista. Diagnosis: Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server(68.105.28.12). I've read a bunch of other posts on many websites but so far nothing has helped. I'm not THAT good with computers, so you will have to help me step by step. Willing to give extra info. Please help, my mother is driving me crazy!

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server(68.105.28.12)

Quick question so we can clarify.
Your system is connected and happy.
How does your mums connect. By wifi or Ethernet?

See your mums laptop is going to need to use the same DNS as you. Not sure why she has 68.105.28.12 directly in her DNS settings but, in a home environment we would put that in the modem, and then tell any computer the modems ip address.

So config modem, add your DNS etc there.
On your machine and your mums, set to automatic or assign your preferred ip, make sure gateway & dns are the modems ip address eg 10.0.0.134

When you send a request to say google, it goes to your modem, which then goes to the 68.105.28.12 DNS who then returns the ip that resolves www.gooogle.com

Have fun

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-68-105-28-12.1057615/
Relevancy 57.62%

When i try to use interent Exploer it gives me this error message Cannot communicate with Primary Dns Server(192.168.0.1). My comp tells me that i am connected to my wireless network but when i try to go online none of my Three browser work. Also i have been on the same wireless network for a year now and this is the first time this problem has happened

A:Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Please show while trying to connect by ethernet and wireless ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.843583/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm away from my home network and staying in a hotel. When I fired up my laptop and connected to the hotel wifi I was able to get right on. After a couple of hours the connection was lost. The hotel is not having any problems with their wifi service. I've ran all of the network diagnostics and I keep getting "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (172.16.2.1)." I am running Windows Vista on an HP Pavillion. In the Network and Sharing window diagram I can see my computer connected to the hotel wifi but there is a red X between the hotel wifi and internet (globe). Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello. My dad recently upgraded his laptop from XP to Vista. His vista box can connect to his office's modem router; but at home it's a completely different story.

When I plug in the ethernet cable, it shows that it's connected but websites will not open in internet explorer or firefox.

When i try to diagnose the problem, the error message "Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server (172.40.7.220)" pops out with the option to reset the network adapter "Local Area Connection". But when I click the option to reset, the same error message pops out again.

My Internet Protocal is already set to "Obtain DNS Server address autmotically" and I have no idea what else to do.

Can anyone please help me? ):

A:Cannot communicate with primary DNS server?

hi

Did you try: RUN>cmd (as administrator) >ipconfig /flushdns

You can also try:Start>Run>cmd (as administrator) and reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Also reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ip reset reset.log

You have to reboot your system for the changes to apply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-383244.html
Relevancy 57.62%

dell desktop
windows vista

Every time I restart my computer or I wake it from sleep, I have to go into Network and Sharing Center. Once I am there I have to click on an "X" that is between Network 5 and Internet. Once I do that, this pops up:

cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (192.168.2.1)
Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response
Reset the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

I click where it says, "reset the network adapter 'Local Area Connection'" and the Internet will work fine until the computer is shut down, restart or goes into sleep mode.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (192.168.2.1)

you need to set a static ipv4 in adapter settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-192-168-2-1.1150215/
Relevancy 57.62%

I get this error message followed by a string of letters and numbers seperated by colons. have a local only connection, the name of which is 2124, but it comes up as 2124 2 (2124) Local Only. it just started doing this but i can connect to a larger school network that im on now correctly. another pc is using the network with no problems and i can connect to it with the wifi function on my lg ally

A:cannot communicate with primary dns server

Nobody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.965965/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey, I have gone through multiple threads on this site with this problem but none seem to have worked. It says my internet is only local and I have tried restarting it many times. I do receive internet, only i cannot actually go on the internet.

My wireless router is a netgear VMDG280 with a web address of 192.168.0.1. I go through Virgin internet. Wireless security type is WPA2-Personal with an encryption type: AES. I run though windows vista and tend to go through mozilla though i do use explorer as well.

Hope this helps!

Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop running Vista shows that it is connected to the internet on the taskbar but when I open a browser it says it cannot connect with the server. Any way I can fix this?

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.836227/
Relevancy 57.62%

A few days ago I noticed a problem with the family wireless Linksys-N router primary DNS server w/ (209.18.47.61) Cannot communicate For some reason no idea the router had reset the name was no longer showing up in broadcasting networks and in its place was the default linksys with an unsecured notice I managed to connect to the router and reestablish the settings that were in place so that the two laptops and the desktop that use the wireless connected without having to mess with their settings Today the desktop is not getting the same speeds as it was before this little debacle and is only intermittently able to connect to the internet The laptops are fine working at the same speeds and with no connective issues While the desktop displays an active connection to the router and to the internet it takes a very long time for pages to load if they load at all which usually results in the display of a quot cannot connect to site quot with a retry button or the page comes across without the graphics or chunks of information missing the former coming up as Cannot communicate w/ primary DNS server (209.18.47.61) fast as the pages used to load When I run a diagnose repair through windows it comes up with the error quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot or nothing huh Running that check again right now has revealed no errors However the connection is still slow I have looked at all the posts concerning this subject that I could find on this site and tried the line netsh winsock reset catalog as well as adding removing resetting settings in the DHCP properties involving the IPv and v I suppose if the problem is a dead issue then this will just be a vague dream before long however the speed is still bugging me as it is not back to what it was and I am an avid gamer who needs the most out of the system Any ideas or if i need to try and post some information up let me know Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I bought a Linksys E3000 Router. I have hooked it up and connected my PS3, laptop, iPad, 2 guest laptops on occasion with no issues. However, my fiancee's laptop will not connect to the internet. It connects to the network fine, just not to the Internet. I keep getting the same error "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server". I searched through this forum and found a few threads, but none of them solved my issues, so I am asking for help. She is running Windows Vista SP 2. I tried all three of the solutions suggested by Vista, but they all failed. I also did a hard reset of the laptop, router, and modem. Waited a little while with everything unplugged. Still cannot connect to the interent and get the same error message.

Relevancy 57.62%

I am using a Server Cannot Primary Communicate DNS With vista laptop and will face a Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server When i connect my laptop directly with the internet modem i can connect to the internet But when i connect my laptop indirectly with an internet modem via a wireless router it shows me this Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server message Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing it and then it says Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with primary DNS server When I run ipconfig all it get this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da cb f d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September PM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-DB-EC- - -D - - -E DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -D - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f d c aa fc Prefer red Site-local IPv Address fec f d c aa fc Preferred Temporary IPv Address a f a d ce bd e Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f d c aa fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September PM Lease Expires Sunday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-DB-EC- - -D - - -E DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B AF - DCD- BB-AE -D D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F -C E- - C - C D A br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cf e d ca ba e b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d ca ba e b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users alex gt Can anyone help me regarding this issue please nbsp

I'm confused, you appear to have both a wired and wireless connection active. Since the wired connection is directly to a modem, where's the wireless coming from?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.864136/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi every one
please help me fix the issue in my connection..It says cannot communicate to primary DNS Sever 192.168.1.1
Please help im not a tech savy...the router for my internet is beside me im connected locally but no internet connection..Thank you..Best regards...

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I recently purchased a linksys WRT G wireless router and am having some trouble getting it to connect to the internet I am using a DSL connection and can can connect when not going Cannot Primary With DNS Server Communicate through the router When repairing it says quot Cannot Communicate With Primary Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server DNS Server quot I am using windows vista Any help would be Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server very much appreciated Here are results from IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Shea gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Name Shea-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- C- -F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - - -BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db f c a d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Sunday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C A E -E F- E-A F- A EF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - D - D - AE-C C br CB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I am having a sony vaio laptop vista premium is running on it and a desktop in which windows xp professional is communicate DNS server Primary with Cannot there I am trying to connect internet via wired lan i am able to access in my desktop but not in laptop can some one help me pleaseeeeeee I am currently in korea the same laptop when in india has worked fine where i used wired lan only Below are some more details ipconfig all for my laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name srinu-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f c e bd ccf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server DNS Suffix Description isatap E DF -F C - -A - br br A CE CE br Physical Address - Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferre d Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c c Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF- E - FA -BE - br br E D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig all of my desktop which is working fine C WINDOWS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maincom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FF- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February A M I tried enableing disabling DHCP tried some resets using winsock command tried using open dns but still same error i am unable to turnoff on router as it is not under my control can some one please help me thanks in advance

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268431-cannot-communicate-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop xps vista has decide to stop connecting to my thomson not primary with (192.168.1.254) Can dns server communicate tg v router I Can not communicate with primary dns server (192.168.1.254) have borrowed my mates router hence i can type this and the computer is fine in connecting to the internet After hours trawling the internet I am still no closer to solving this problem I have ran ipconfig all and this is what i get I have ip address and dns on auto find Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - -C - D-EB-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d ed e f f fffd Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe ed e f f fffd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E -B - C B-B E - DF br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connectio... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

When i try to access my wireless internet at home it connects to the router but cannot connect to the internet. The router is working correctly as other people are using it and it's working fine. When i try and diagnose problems it says:

Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (192.168.1.1)
(Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response)

Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing it and then it says:

Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. Cannot communicate with primary DNS server(192.168.1.1)

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys I ve been having this problem for a little while now and I haven t been able to find a solution I ll be randomly browsing the internet or playing a game online and the send light on my modem it s a Motorola SB Surfboard will start blinking slowly and only a few times then it will go solid again However my internet will drop and it acts as if my internet is completely disconnected I ll run diagnose and repair and it says quot Cannot Communicate With DNS Server Cannot Communicate with Primary Primary DNS Server quot This happens Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server at random times throughout the day and can happen multiple times consecutively or it might not happen all day or just once a day It confuses me I ve tried a lot of things to fix it I ve searched the internet all over for a solution but nothing works I called my ISP and the guy over the phone couldn t find anything wrong so they sent someone out and he couldn t find anything wrong and actually said the modem has a strong signal Well behold as soon as the guy leaves it happens Here is my ipconfig info when my internet is working Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ikthale-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ks cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL D D Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ks cox net Description Realtek RTL D D Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ddba b c f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - - - - D- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ks cox net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server

Classic sign of an ISP issue. The disconnect is nothing you're doing, it's the modem, wiring, or the ISP.

Check the cable to the modem and make sure you're not getting power interruptions. Most of the time, this is an ISP issue.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.911906/
Relevancy 57.62%

Router TRENDnet TEW- BRP Modem WebSTAR DPC R Series Operating System Vista Home Premium x Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Primary Server DNS Communicate With Cannot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Connec tion Physical Address - E- - D- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ec c facb e c Preferred IPv Address Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Saturday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Windows system gt Any help nbsp

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.853850/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am trying to hook my desktop up to my wireless router via Ethernet cable. The wireless Internet works great and my housemate's laptop works with an Ethernet cable. I have already contacted my service provider but to no avail. I have no idea where to start, please help.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I feel a little silly posting this because up until today i haven t experienced many problems and im not particularly good at this type of Cannot primary DNS to Solved: communicate server thing However i m out of ideas as to what i can do Until today i had a desktop which i have my router connected to and i use a wireless network to browse the internet on different laptops I went out and bought Solved: Cannot communicate to primary DNS server a new modem and intended to just start over with the same set up I installed everything on to my desktop i m actually typing this post from my desktop now and Solved: Cannot communicate to primary DNS server everything seemed ok I then went on to start fixing my laptops The first laptop i tried it on seemed to be OK at first it shows me connected to my network but i just can t do anything on the internet It s now showing my access as quot Local quot and it is constantly giving me the error quot Cannot Solved: Cannot communicate to primary DNS server communicate to primary DNS server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response quot The windows solution just tells me to reset my wireless network adapter over and over which i have done to no avail I ve never dealt with this problem before I ve looked through this forum and seen solutions involving changing gateway addresses but i can t see where to do this on my modems config page Anyway some more details Modem is Netgear DGN My desktop is windows XP and all of my laptops are Vista Here s the results of the ipconfig all from my desktop ie the one that the internet works on Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Home gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home-eoxde f f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address - -ED-B -DF-B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March C Documents and Settings Home gt I d appreciate any and all help you could give me with this problem Thanks for reading Bit of an update two of my laptops actually do connect to the internet and work like my desktop However my first laptop and the one i use the most ironically is still giving me the error nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

HELP Im having a problem connecting to the internet Access - Local Only and when running the diagnostics comes up with this server with (192.168.200.2) DNS Cannot communicate primary Solved: error Cannot communicate with primary dns server Acer ASPIRE Laptop Vista Home Premium GB RAM bit OS ipconfig all log Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Alan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C - -E -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e e e bf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F- -A - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server Solved: Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (192.168.200.2) DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B E -FEB - A - D F-A F br Physical Address Solved: Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (192.168.200.2) - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Solved: Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (192.168.200.2) Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD-FFAE- A D- A- C CD D br C E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help is much appreciated Thanks nbsp