Windows Support Forum

Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi

Q: Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi

Hello I have wi fi in my home that is running fine My phone etc is getting about mbps for downloading and for uploading which is normal for me My desktop however had a virus issue and I had to take it to be way wifi suddenly is slower than Speed Ethernet repaired It is repaired and I brought it home and hooked it up EXACTLY as it was before I took it to be repaired It is hardwired directly to modem but it is only getting about mbps downloading and uploading I called my internet provider and they tried to help but said everything looks good on their end and that it was a computer issue The shop that repaired it is closed today and I am in Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi the middle of a deadline and I NEED this fixed it is Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi an ACER computer so I called their Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi helpline but because it is out of warranty they wanted me to pay for them to tell me how to fix it He suggested it was a setting on the computer that needed changed but I have been looking for HOURS and can not find the solution PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.11%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 74.82%

My network is like this G router connected on LAN of TP-Link Wireless router G router TP-Link Wifi Wifi Disabled Wifi Enabled DHCP ON DHCP OFF I am transfer laptops between Wifi internet slower over File than speed using TP-Link because i needed more LAN ports as G router is having only one Now I have laptops connected to TP-Link wireless router I am getting same bandwidth of around Mbps from my G internet connection that is download upload speed of around KBps wether the USB is connected directly to laptop or to the G router But if I transfer between shared folders on my laptops speed that i get is never File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed more than KBps that is around Kbps I have cjhecked with Inssider there File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed is no signal interference by any other wifi nearby Also i have tested using open security of wifi tried changing between bit amp - bit encryption sharing setting on both systems amp disabled all antivirus amp firewall on both There is no change in speed Wifi is in the same room no more the meters away mode is N and MHz bandwidth setting I can't understand how the speed i get from my internet connection is faster than my local laptops Also the specified bandwidth is Mbs that is MBps and i don't even get File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed MBps

A:File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd try fiddling with the router's wireless mode setting - usually on Mixed mode. Experiment - Set it to N (if available) or G/N or G. You may also fiddle with your Wi-Fi adapter's setting if available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347508-file-transfer-over-wifi-between-laptops-slower-than-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 74.82%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 74.82%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I bought a third-party USB-C to ethernet adapter to test my internet speed and found that it is not much faster than if I use the wifi. I always thought that LAN speed is faster than Wifi? Or is there something wrong with my cheap (US$20) USB-C to ethernet adapter? Hope to gain some insights at this forum for this first-time Lenovo user.Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-Ethernet-speed-same-as-wifi/td-p/3399319
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys This issue is most puzzling to me Since yesterday the internet began to act unsoundly through WiFi As in I never had this problem before There were periods where it was fast enough to play some online games watch Youtube no problem and then it would shut off randomly So since yesterday I have been restarting the modem with only very short term resolutions to the issue I accessed the modem through my web browser and it says the connection is always working fine Despite that I called my ISP and they claimed there was an issue and forwarded it to Deutsche Telekom Since then I did some experimenting and plugged my computer into the modem with the ethernet cable Boom No problem whatsoever It's been top speed and reliable So I'm assuming this is an issue with Windows hopefully you guys can help me out If it helps I downloaded and installed updates for Windows today There are optional ones that I did not download yet but I did is Wifi unstable, top is ethernet speed? cable yet download and install the important ones Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed? no problem I checked the network adapters and they all state quot The best driver for your software is already installed quot Thanks in advance

A:Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

You may want to go to the website of the laptop's manufacturer and download the latest driver, and install it. Using the OEM driver, sometimes eliminates the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39958-wifi-unstable-yet-ethernet-cable-top-speed.html
Relevancy 71.38%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Wifi suddenly Solved: Wifi still but suddenly works Ethernet, with iPhone/iPad stopped wor working, stopped working works with Ethernet cable works with iPad and iPhone but not with Sony Vaio laptop wifi Have spent hours on the phone Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, but works with Ethernet, iPhone/iPad still wor with Internet Service Provider who went through all settings and checked everything checked CMD prompts and changed SSID created new channels etc I m using Windows and have McAfee What could have caused this to suddenly stop working How do I get it to work again I have checked my wifi is still on it still connects to the wireless modem router D-Link and at start up has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark inside then that disappears and says internet is connected on internet bars icon but no browsing is possible at all with any of my browsers chrome Firefox explorer Have disabled McAfee firewall have restarted in safe mode but nothing is helping Have tried on different wifi connections with same problem I restored to the last date I could use wifi and it didn t change anything Help please nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, but works with Ethernet, iPhone/iPad still wor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-but-works-with-ethernet-iphone-ipad-still-wor.1118774/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 69.66%

Debating on going wireless or not Have an Asus M A TD EVO that has RTL E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET So Gigabit Im thinking at least I am wire into my router which puts out high speed and low ping to wireless Standard Ethernet cables supply the data pipeline not sure what the transfer speed is on them If anyone can let me know cable ethernet card wifi speed questions question with and Network that would be great I have been eyeballing the super speed ethernet cables but not sure if it would solve the ping issues I have with desktop being too high and the cost for a ' line Tried finding a wireless card that handles N network and Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question Ghz for my dual band What is the standard ethernet cable speed Can the standard ethernet cable from router to computer be causing high ping have second computer with ' cable same issue Would it be better to go wireless and forego the wired ethernet cable What wireless card would you recommend

A:Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

UGH

1- what kind of cable? cat 5, cat5 E, cat 6?

2-Yes if cheap, old, or not shielded.

3-Not if you are transfering large amounts of data on your internal LAN

4-An 802.11 "N" card

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218711-network-speed-ethernet-cable-questions-wifi-card-question.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I use burn4free and always use the same Memorex brand DVD+ 16X Discs. Yet most of the time they will only burn at 6X and every now and then at 12X and sometimes at 8X. Never at 16X even though I always have it set to Max speed as this is my only option. It doesn't seem to matter if I have any other programs running or not since I always close everything while burning. I failed at finding any info on this anywhere online as this is quite a difficult thing to search up. Help me please?

A:The same brand dvd's burn at max speed sometimes and a slower speed other times?

Poor quality media. Try a different brand type of media.

Quality media is recommended. For SL DVD, this would be Verbatim or Taio Yuden. For DL DVD, Verbatim only. Anything else is trial and error and will vary based on your burner and firmware version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-same-brand-dvds-burn-at-max-speed-sometimes-and-a-slower-speed-other-times.994656/
Relevancy 59.34%

I usually like to leave my computer on overnight. So I go offline, disable my wireless, and put on a video playlist in full screen to help me sleep. Anyway, today I woke up and saw the Windows Media Player no longer full screen, and the wireless switch was actually turned on. This is strange because I know I turned wireless off and I frequently check my system with Malwarebytes.

What could this be? Did someone snoop in my computer? Thanks in advance for the support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/395345-windows-media-player-suddenly-not-full-screen-wifi-suddenly.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi - Thanks for looking much became slower suddenly PC at this I d be really grateful for some help My CPU PC suddenly became much slower usage easily maxes out although I have not altered my system Web pages take ages to load I defragmented my hard drive using the windows tune up tool and that seemed to make things worse rather than better I got rid of QTTASK but it still starts on bootup but no longer shows on the services msc list There is nothing else obvious - just the slowness My HJT file follows ------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Inventel Gateway wlancfg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C SierraChart SierraChart exe C Program Files Marketmaker Spreadbet Client MM iiDownloader exe C Program Files Marketmaker Spreadbet Client MM iiLauncher exe C Program Files Marketmaker Spreadbet Client MM iiAppStart exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided by Wanadoo O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell Photo AIO Printer quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run DLBTCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLBTtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor quot C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CT... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-suddenly-became-much-slower.722748/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone I'm really new to this forum I just registered -- slower HELP wi-fi Ethernet than to ask this question I've been searching the web but couldn't find an answer for this I have an HP notebook computer running Vista Home Premium I think it is home premium I'm not at home now and can't be sure x I recently had down up mbps internet installed at home Works great with a desktop pc running XP speedtest really shows However if I run the same test on my notebook I get mbps if using Ethernet Last night it occured to me that I should try the wifi sure enough on wifi I got mbps I tried using two different cables and two different ethernet ports on the modem router btw it's a Motorola SBG I'm completely confused by this I tried updating the ethernet drivers but they are completely up to date What is more it detects the network as being GB ethernet I also tried using TCP optimizer from speedguide net but it didn't make a difference I used a script they have there no difference I'll hang on to the wifi for now but I would love to see the ethernet working properly The ethernet card is NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet I'll be able to add more information when I get home if needed Any help will be much appreciated just in case-- yes I'm seriously considering moving to Windows but the notebook came with a valid Vista license and a win license will be pretty hard on my budget

A:Ethernet slower than wi-fi -- HELP

Hello and welcome, try going to the manufacture site and see if there is a more up to date driver for the Card . That is , in my opinion , the best way to confirm you have the latest drivers for your hardware. Post back results of this please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293738-ethernet-slower-than-wi-fi-help.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I had been using a Linksys USB wireless adapter on my Win XP machine, until the driver of said adapter started causing my computer to BSOD constantly. So, I decided to forgo the wireless adapter and simply connect through my ethernet port to my Linksys Wireless router. I was under the impression that an ethernet connection would be faster, but in this instance, it is infinitely slower. I'm not very experienced with networking, so I am fairly perplexed by this. If anyone could offer any help, or even let me know what more info you need to provide a helpful answer, I would be so grateful. Thank you in advance...

Relevancy 57.62%

I have been told ethernet to a networked computer 6 feet away would be WAY faster than USB 2.0 to a Seagate FreeAgent 250GB HD. I just created two images of my HD using both. The ethernet took 2.5 hours. The USB to the HD took 31 minutes. Is USB 2.0 much faster than ethernet or do I have something wrong with my router or some other problem?

A:Is ethernet much slower that USB 2.0?

usb IS faster

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214333-ethernet-much-slower-usb-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm on a network with 3 G5 Macs running through a D-Link DGS-2205 switch to a Linksys SD2005 switch into a Mac xServe server. The system has been running fast for about six months, however recently we have experienced a severe slowdown in communication. We have tried resetting all components of the system and have tried swapping most of the cables. Anyone know a simple fix short of replacing all of the cables? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xserve-and-g5s-suddenly-slower.698937/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello all!

I've noticed that the processing on my computer has recently gotten much slower and I'm wondering if I have some processes that are hogging resources that can be removed.

HijackThis log is attached. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-got-much-slower.903470/
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer suddenly got slower about a day or two ago I ran anti-Malware tdsskiller and rkill but nothing was found I notice a nw exe in my task manager I'm gonna post the logs I have x TDSS rootkit removing tool Jul x x Current date time x SystemInfo x x OS Version ServicePack x Product type Workstation x ComputerName INSTALLER-PC x UserName Installer x Windows directory C Windows x System windows directory C Windows x Running under WOW x Processor architecture Intel x x Number of processors x Page size x x Boot type Normal boot x x KLMD registered as C Windows system drivers sys x System UUID A F AAB-B - F - B - A A x Drive Device Harddisk DR - Size xE E DB Gb SectorSize x Cylinders x F B SectorsPerTrack x F TracksPerCylinder xF Type 'K ' Flags x x Drive Device Harddisk DR - Size x D F Gb SectorSize x Cylinders x C SectorsPerTrack x F got Computer suddenly slower TracksPerCylinder xFF Type 'W' x x Computer suddenly got slower Device Harddisk DR x MBR partitions x Device Harddisk DR Partition MBR Type x StartLBA x BlocksNum x x Device Harddisk DR Partition MBR Type x StartLBA x BlocksNum x D x Device Harddisk DR x MBR partitions x Device Harddisk DR Partition MBR Type x StartLBA x F BlocksNum xAEA x x C lt - gt Device Harddisk DR Partition x G lt - gt Computer suddenly got slower Device Harddisk DR Partition x x Initialize success x x x Scan started x Mode Manual SigCheck TDLFS x x KSN ping started x KSN ping finished true x Scan system memory x System memory - ok x Scan services x C F B ED D D C CB B BC E DDDD F B CD C D A A BE BC B SASCORE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE x SASCORE - ok x hub - ok x A D AEA C A BB B C CD D DBC D FCFBF A A E CA C C DD ADA A F ohci C Windows system DRIVERS ohci sys x ohci - ok x D D E B A DD D D B EFA D F FDAAB E B D C BDEF BB A FA A C E C E B E ACPI C Windows system drivers ACPI sys x ACPI - ok x F E D CE D E D CA F AD F CAED B E EDA B FD FC E F F AcpiPmi C Windows system drivers acpipmi sys x AcpiPmi - ok x D A D DA F D B BB FE D BF F BC B A EDFD AFBCCC E CADD A FA D D AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerUpdateService exe x AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc - ok x F B B F C B AC F BF E F FBFB D AC DEE EC D E C C ABC D F B adp xx C Windows system drivers adp xx sys x adp xx - ok x F EE EA A D CED DA FD BE E B B BF C BF F A C DE B FE E BDC adpahci C Windows system drivers adpahci sys x adpahci - ok x E C F FB B C B E E EA A BC A B E D A F FB EE adpu C Windows system drivers adpu sys x adpu - ok x BFCCAC E A A D C C B B D A BA DE D E B C FAFF B A D A F CC D B AeLookupSvc C Windows System aelupsvc dll x AeLookupSvc - ok x FA CFC D D E AACF B F AB F AA B C ECCB D E BC CF DC D B D EBC C A B AB AFD C Windows system drivers afd sys x AFD - ok x C DBA D CB ED A A F BF C A BD E FA C C F C A agp C Windows system drivers agp sys x agp - ok x D B E E DDB E E B CDA B DB F CA EE F F B ALG C Windows System alg exe x ALG - ok x A A AD C CA EE A D E A C A BF A EB C CBA ED FF A aliide C Windows system drivers aliide sys x aliide - ok x ALSysIO - ok x C F FE D E EA FD D D D BDB B C C FFF DCA F F B C DFD AEB C CD E EBCA AMD External Events Utility C Windows system atiesrxx exe x AMD External Events Utility - ok x B D F A B D EE F BD C AA AF D F F FF BFEC B E E F C B ED B FEC D A C AMD FUEL Service C Program Files AMD ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe x AMD FUEL Service - detected UnsignedFile Multi Generic x Detect skipped due to KSN trusted x AMD FUEL Service - ok x BFEEE DFFD BD D CF DEED D AA CFD CAE E E A C DC AC CA A F D ED E amdhub C Windows system DRIVERS amdhub sys x amdhub - ok x FF B C CE C F C C EA A F B FFC EDF FDB B ACC D EDA B D EA EA A amdide C Windows system drivers amdide sys x amdide - ok x DA D B D C DBB F B C FD E D ADA CE BE C F A CACA E F A A amdide C Windows system DRIVERS amdide sys x amdide - ok x A EEB C B BB DD B B B E CB C C A A E AE B A B DA ACBFDA E A EA amdiox C Windows system DRIVERS amdiox sys x amdiox - ok x F CFF A EF D CDA E F E C D B EEDD D ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589212/computer-suddenly-got-slower/
Relevancy 57.19%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys I finally got round to running a gigabit ethernet cable into my spare room where my laptop resides of the time Despite having a wireless access point running at m bits nearby I craved the greater speed of gigabit ethernet as I do quite a few large file transfers to my NAS drives By and large it all works well but I have some issues that I have noticed The main thing I noticed is ever since plugging in the ethernet it slows the system boot down by a few seconds Is this because the ethernet aswell as the wireless is now active I'd prefer not to disable the wireless as if I do take my laptop Slower with boot Ethernet elsewhere within my house I want it to be Slower boot with Ethernet active straight away I don't see any conflicts by doing so but I have noticed when ethernet is plugged in the slightly slower boot If unplugged it Slower boot with Ethernet is slightly faster booting again Also refreshing the shares under 'network' is perhaps a little less snappy with both adapters active than it was under Wifi only Other than that all is good I can see Windows is favouring ethernet over wifi because my NAS file transfers are much faster now In my router settings I can see both adapters are being issued IP addresses Slower boot with Ethernet I do have my NAS drives mapped They are always active switched on but maybe they cause the slight slowing of the boot with ethernet Under wifi only I notice under my compuer they always display with a red X unless I double click them Under ethernet this isn't the case although one of them never reports the used available space under my computer explorer view until it is clicked on Maybe its somehow associated to this I think the trade off in boot speed seconds into windows as opposed to ish secs is worth it for the much faster file transfer speeds But I am curious about this Many Thanks Wayne

A:Slower boot with Ethernet

It's definetely more sluggish when the ethernet cable (Cat6) is plugged in. Although file transfers are much faster under wired there's definetely some kind of perceptible latency. I unplugged it (Atheros AR8151) and re-enabled wifi again and the whole system was snappier and booted a bit quicker too. Refreshing the Network SMB shares were more or less instant runder wifi too rather than having a few seconds of the green bar building before snapping into full load. I am a bit baffled. The computer is connected to a switch fed by my router but I know the switch and router are both ok because this switch also feeds the 5 GHZ wireless access point I use for my laptop's wifi. Under the wifi conditions all is zippy. It's just the ethernet connection. So I am wondering if the cat6 cable might be dodgy, although I would of thought it would kind of be an all or nothing if it was bad & like I say the NAS file transfer rates are between 30 - 50 megabytes per second. Maybe the NIC on the laptop is playing up, perhaps new drivers might help as I still have the original shipped Dell supplied drivers? I think messing about with new drivers is the last thing I want to try as I know that can be a mission sometimes.

Any ideas? I am so hoping it's just a dodgy Cat6 cable causing the grief as that's an easy switch but would that explain the slight sluggish laptop performance. It even makes my wireless mouse cursor jump ever so slightly on very rare occassions when the ethernet is plugged in. Is Cat6 prone to interference? It's odd to say the least.

Cheers
Wayne

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292575-slower-boot-ethernet.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there,

For no apparent reason my PC has become much slower. Could you please check my HiJackTis log? I'm Running Windows 8.1 on a 64 bit i7 2,5 ghz with 12 GB memory.
On the taskmanager is no extreme activity showing

Thanks in advance for the support.

A:Computer suddenly slower than normal

Hello jwphrijk I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I would like you to run this program for me.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589500/computer-suddenly-slower-than-normal/
Relevancy 56.76%

Alright so I have is things Suddenly opening slower this bad problem on my laptop I have had it for about a year now and nothing bad has happened to it apart from one virus about half a year ago which was supposedly wiped Suddenly opening things is slower off my system As of now whenever I open something up it loads REAL slow For example when I open up my documents folder from my hot tab it loads really slow It actually fades into the screen as if there is an effect Suddenly opening things is slower on all of it But not just that my google chrome that I use suddenly looks different and everything is slower It may just be the internet but I don't know I could not tell if it was slow for any other applications though just this one Everything is much slower say when I open my browser everything is as if it is not slow motion and lagging The letters I type in seem to be okay if a little laggy at first I don't know if this is a Suddenly opening things is slower virus or a setting in my computers configuration I may have accidently flicked Right now I am running my anti-virus McAfee but I suspect it will not come up with much and it will take a long time to process My virus protection seems to be running slow too uh-oh I desperately require assitence as I have no idea what this is and I hope it is not a virus Please help D EDIT Everything got even slower as I edited this post oh damn I am worried

A:Suddenly opening things is slower

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,

The first thing you should do is uninstall McCrapee - its almost as uselss as an ashtray on a motorbike. Replace it with the free Microsoft Security Essesntials - its far better, and in the top 3 most installed AV's in recent times.

Once its installed, run a FULL system scan and then report back what it finds.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238362-suddenly-opening-things-slower.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I used to be able to play slower Computer suddenly significantly CS GO and League of Legends with no problems Recently I have been having many problems with CS GO and League of Legends For CS GO it takes a long time for me to join games By the Computer suddenly significantly slower time I join a game the game is close to over and I only get around - fps This is a stark contrast from my fast loading into games and average - fps League of Legends is in a worse state When I try to load into a game my ping is about whereas before it was and I get disconnected when I reach Neither of these games have had significant changes that would change my gaming experience this much I have also my computer is slower in general not just while playing video games After trying a Malwarebytes scan a BitDefender scan and an Avira scan I have come to bleepingcomputer com in hopes that you guys can help me I have attached my Addition txt log Here is my FRST txt log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Arjun administrator on ARJUNL - - Running from C Users Arjun Downloads Loaded Profiles Arjun Available Profiles Arjun Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender vsserv exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe IObit C Program Files x IObit IObit Malware Fighter IMFsrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe IObit C Program Files x IObit LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe Rsupport Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung Remote PC rvagent exe Paessler AG C Program Files x PRTG Network Monitor PRTG Probe exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Agent ProductAgentService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW wbem WmiPrvSE exe Rsupport Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung Remote PC rvagtray exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe IObit C Program Files x IObit IObit Uninstaller UninstallMonitor exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Pixart Imaging Inc C Windows System TiltWheelMouse exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdagent exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System StikyNot exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdwtxag exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira Systr... Read more

A:Computer suddenly significantly slower

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
FF user.js: detected! => C:\Users\Arjun\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1ex5qm2s.default\user.js [2015-11-24]

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Please post the logs.Include also the Addition.txt file that was created by the Farbar tool.Let me know if you see an improvement.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600023/computer-suddenly-significantly-slower/
Relevancy 56.76%

Have a friend who complained to me that his computer is suddenly running much slower. He went to some forum (not TSG) and the responses suggested he may have a virus, but all virus and spyware scans say the system is clean. They also suggested he do a HijackThis scan, which he did and which is attached. I'm not a computer expert, but there is one entry that looks suspicious -- the BHO with no name.

Would appreciate it if someone would take a look at the log and let me know if they see anything that looks like a 'nasty'. In the meantime, I'm also going to make a 'house call' to see what may be loading at start up that is slowing the machine down (the HJT log shows a number of things that do not need to be loading).

A:Computer suddenly running much slower

Although 27 people looked at this thread so far, none responded to it. Is there someone in TSG who can quickly render an opinion on whether or not there's anything suspicious in this HiJackThis log. For your convenience, it's copied below.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:59:09 PM, on 2/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ups.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatchTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\CPSHelpRunner.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.drudgereport.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTStartup] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Program\CTEaxSpl.EXE /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTxfiHlp] CTXFIHLP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatchTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Start WingMan Profiler] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe /noui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-running-much-slower.688449/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello helpful people,

Recently I have been experiencing issues when visiting the internet. Pages are taking longer to load than normal and at times, not loading at all at times I get the server timeout notice too.

I use firefox and IE, same problems with both browsers.

Is there a way I can scan and detect any threats which is causing this.

My antivirus is AVG 8.5 and I am running Vista

Thankyou
Benny.

A:Browsing internet suddenly slower

Have you emptied your cache on both your browsers, also if you want to, you could download http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php then let it update the latest virus databases then run full scan ! Also type into start %temp% click open then delete everything thats in that folder, they are only temp or old unused files that are just blogging up your puter !Hope this Helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349073/browsing-internet-suddenly-slower/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys,

this is been a major thorne in my side for over a week now.

Sometimes it's worse than others.. but basically my computer's internet connection speed is suddenly and dramatically slower.
All of the other computers on my home network are fine.  Just this computer.

I used to get download speeds between 600-900 Kb/s  now if it's a good day I get like 100-200 Kb/s... but sometimes it's so bad
I only get 10-30 Kb/s!!!  It's so bad and so slow I can't even hardly use the internet... playing online games is not out of the question.

I've run several virus scans but can't really find anything. 

I'm using Windows 7 - 64 bit sp1 and I have a very fast computer with 16GB RAM.
I'm on a wireless network, but the other computers on the network are fine.

please advise.

A:Internet Connect Suddenly 80-90% slower!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/506512 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506512/internet-connect-suddenly-80-90-slower/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys I m trying to understand why my internet is slower in my bedroom than my living room I have a router in the living room with a Mac Mini connected directly ethernet to the router I get my full speeds Mbps on that computer with no issues speeds in different Slower Ethernet room? In my bedroom I get Slower speeds in different room? Ethernet anywhere from - Mbps The setup in my bedroom is a ft ethernet cable going from the router in the living room into my bedroom which then connects directly to a TP-Link Mbps -Port Gigabit Desktop Switch Then I have another shorter ethernet cable which is also plugged into the switch which is connected directly to my three month old quot iMac I thought it was my old switch that I had which only supported up to Mbps I went on Amazon and purchased the TP-Link Mbps -Port Gigabit Desktop Switch but to my dismay the speeds have remained the same even though this Switch is much more capable My Specs quot iMac Intel Core i GHz GB MHz DDR NVIDIA GeForce GTX M MB TB SSD Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Guys nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am using a custom and got slower problems occuring Computer suddenly more built computer that I made months ago Everything was good at that point it could run hz in the game I was playing Then suddenly - weeks ago I started to get extreme lag It would come and go It would give me fps then occasionally give me near fps for maybe seconds Now I can't even open the game When I open it it closes immediately The game is called Elsword and I am able to open it on my other computers so it is not a problem with the game Also I realized something called WindowsLiveUpdate kept on popping out whenever I used Internet Explorer I disabled it through Task Manager's startup and now it stops popping out However Internet Explorer has stopped working still occasionally pops out It doesn't close anything when I press Cancel usually IE closes or refreshes Computer suddenly got slower and more problems occuring And usually I can just go back to what I was doing after pressing cancel But I would really want to know what is causing this to happen What are the chances I have been infected by something I have CCleaner malwarebytes and Norton installed with malwarebytes and norton constantly on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623135/computer-suddenly-got-slower-and-more-problems-occuring/
Relevancy 55.9%

ok so here is the problem.
on 09/09/15 (I think) I started getting an issue where my computer is running at normal speed for just under 10 minutes after it has finished booting, but is then very, very slow and sluggish for 20 minutes following (Struggles to open folders in less than 30 seconds, will take a few minutes to open firefox and wont open programs like steam and skype) that and is fine once the 20 minutes is up (it will run Third Age: Total war and World of Tanks without any issues). prior to this problem, my computer had stopped lagging within 4 minutes. Please help!
Note: Using 64x Windows 7 Ultimate.

What I remembered that I've tried:
defragmenting my hard drives
disconnecting my second hard drive
Disabling programs on start up (both services and applications).

A:Computer suddenly slower than normal after start up

Take care of what you disable in startup and services.
  Let's try something strange, right after computer's powered, right after you enter password [if you have passworded your account] -- leave it alone for a few minutes, let all the security programs' auto-updates do their things, let the various icons throughout the taskbar fully appear, after computer appears to be "at rest," try opening your normal stuff, one by one, open your usual number of goodies.  Let me know if this results in a little smoother operations.  [Reason for suggesting this:  trying to determine if any background operations, without any user active input, are clashing one with another, or, not working as such should.]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592017/computer-suddenly-slower-than-normal-after-start-up/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi A few days ago I noticed pages were taking longer to load than normal several seconds rather than or seconds Have checked download speed and it seems to be close Mbps to connection speed Mbps I run CCleaner regularly and have removed everything that Malwarebytes Spybot and SuperAntiSpyware picked up but still got the slow page load times Any help with identifying the problem would be very much appreciated Logs attached as per instructions --------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by David at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F to browsers load suddenly slower all in Pages SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C Pages suddenly slower to load in all browsers ACF FW McAfee Firewall Enabled DA E - - D - - AD FE Running Processes C Windows Pages suddenly slower to load in all browsers system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Pages suddenly slower to load in all browsers Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows explorer exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows splwow exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps startpage com uURLSearchHooks bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - lt orphaned gt uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll uURLSearchHooks b - - a a- e - ee e - lt orphaned gt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll BHO Ziepod One-Click Helper A D E- B - EF -B -AAEA C A B - C Windows SysWOW ZiepodOneClicker dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll BHO CIESpeechBHO Class D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll BHO Windows Live I... Read more

A:Pages suddenly slower to load in all browsers

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/506226 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506226/pages-suddenly-slower-to-load-in-all-browsers/
Relevancy 55.9%

Basically the picture manager and photoeditor programs runs usual slower suddenly than today. PC are slow to open the jpgs and the webpages take some time to load This didn't happen the PC suddenly runs slower than usual today. day before and I didn't install anything save for IE the previous week Anyway I don't know why windows messenger shows up in the log even though I've uninstalled it a loooong time ago I've already done a complete virus scan and lavasoft scan both in safe mode and normal mode Then I tried Housecall on safe mode with networking I've also run ccleaner for good measure They've detected nothing --------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software PC suddenly runs slower than usual today. Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main PC suddenly runs slower than usual today. Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot minO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF A FD C -A C- FC-ADB - D Creative Software AutoUpdate - http www creative com su CTL V ocx CTSUEng cabO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com windowsupd b O - DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D Java Runtime Environment - http dl -cdn- sun com s ESD JSCDL jdk ows-i -jc cabO - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get flas ent swflash cabO - DPF F ACF C-C C- B- BEF- B D Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package - http www creative com su CTL V ocx CTPID cabO - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler AntiVirScheduler - Avira GmbH - C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeO - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Cla... Read more

A:PC suddenly runs slower than usual today.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219316/pc-suddenly-runs-slower-than-usual-today/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone hoping I can get some ideas for troubleshooting nbsp I just got gigabit internet installed and my is pulling slower speeds over ethernet than my nexus p grabs over wifi Even stranger is that after checking for and installing the newest driver though device manager gt update driver it's even slower nbsp I've tried multiple ethernet ports multiple cables uninstalling re-installing the adapter again through device SLOWER X250 Ethernet update after driver manager and disabling the wifi adapter all together to run tests nbsp nbsp different install techs said that my internet is fine but my processor can't handle the connection and that's why it's only showing mbps download but I don't think they're right I don't know much about computers but I'm cofident this is an impressive machine that is capable of such power Why give the laptop a gigabit ethernet port if the supporting hardware can't handle it nbsp Am i getting the run X250 Ethernet SLOWER after driver update around from my install techs or are there any troubleshooting steps I haven't X250 Ethernet SLOWER after driver update tried nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X250-Ethernet-SLOWER-after-driver-update/td-p/3388517
Relevancy 55.47%

This didn't happen right away. They worked fine for a month or so. It is not the ISP, my ISP is very reliable, they consistently give me the bandwidth I am supposed to get. 20MB down 2MB up. The problem laptop averages 0.3MB down and 1.5MB up.
The other hosts on my home network are not having any problems. I have another Win 10 Machine that was upgraded from Win 7 that is working just fine. One Ubuntu client and one more Win 7 client.
Fixes I attempted:

I went to the HP website and applied the recommended updates.

Checked Microsoft updates - none were suggested or required.
I removed and readded the network adapter drivers. Several times.
The hardware in question is:
HP Envy 17t Laptop
Wireless: Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter driver: 6.223.215.14
Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter driver: 10.1.505.2015

Please help, this is driving me crazy. Thanks

Ray

A:NICs Slower After Upgrade from Win 8.1 (Ethernet and wireless)

Wow! No replies. It must have been something I said or perhaps I need a new mouthwash.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35029-nics-slower-after-upgrade-win-8-1-ethernet-wireless.html
Relevancy 55.47%

It s true Something happened over the past two days that put my laptop into slow motion could it be Microsoft I updated everything yesterday with the latest Microsoft offerings and restarted my computer for the first time in well over three weeks I usually let it hibernate for faster startup That s when I noticed there was a problem The restart took well over five minutes with every process taking forever or so it seemed At first I didn t think I had hit the quot Restart quot button completely because nothing happened at all So I clicked it again and waited once more Nothing I closed out the two programs that were still open IE and Notepad and then it finally went Restart... Start, suddenly molasses chilled slower Run, than into the restart mode But then it hung on quot Logging Off quot for over two minutes and after it shut down it seemed to start back up more quickly then it had logged off but much slower than it normally takes to start up Since then I ve updated a few other programs Start, Run, Restart... suddenly slower than chilled molasses and every time I ve restarted the same scenario above repeats itself Looking for answers I did a google search found this forum and started reading a bit But I see that Start, Run, Restart... suddenly slower than chilled molasses many of the solutions seem to be geared toward the individual posting so I thought perhaps I should post my own quot dilemma quot and see if anyone here can help me get the cold molasses out of my computer BTW I copied my startup file System Info Software Environment Startup Programs and tried to paste it below but received an error message Apparently the characters including this text amounted to Wow And that s mostly my startup file So if you have any suggestions as to what I could should must Start, Run, Restart... suddenly slower than chilled molasses do then please let me know at your earliest convenience Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks FemmeFX nbsp

A:Start, Run, Restart... suddenly slower than chilled molasses

If you've done recent Microsoft Updates, it could be related to this issue:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/459845-microsoft-update-ms06-015-908531-a.html

You might want to consider doing a System Restore as a quick fix and avoid the update that causes the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-run-restart-suddenly-slower-than-chilled-molasses.460195/
Relevancy 55.47%

Probably not a major problem, but a few days ago my directories started listing extremely slowly. Using either Windows Explorer or something like a "Save As..." dialogue box, the directory contents appear extremely slowly.

The same happens if I resort by size, or if I resize the windows. Any ideas on what may be causing this? I've made no system changes (that I'm aware of!). Running Win2000 with 196MB.

Thanks!!!

A:{Advice Offered} - Directory listings suddenly much slower?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-directory-listings-suddenly-much-slower.29578/
Relevancy 55.47%

There also used to be a problem that said agitogolo dll was missing upon bootup but that went away on its own I m not sure if it s connected to my current issue of Google redirecting and the slow computer I ve tried using ESET in the past but it didn t pick up anything and the situation persisted I would really appreciate help in getting this computer clean DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Compaq Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV ESET NOD Antivirus Enabled Outdated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe svchost exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system LxrSII s exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows system hpsysdrv computer is Google suddenly usual than is slower redirecting, exe C WINDOWS system Google is redirecting, computer is suddenly slower than usual hkcmd exe C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Lexar Media LxrAutorun exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Application Data Octoshape Octoshape Streaming Services OctoshapeClient exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files CleanMem Mini Monitor exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner YOUR- C F Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop uSearch Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop uDefault Search URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop uSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop mSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario am... Read more

A:Google is redirecting, computer is suddenly slower than usual

Hi,Please do the following:Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:Link 1 Link 2 VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop * IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures. Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Notes:1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411748/google-is-redirecting-computer-is-suddenly-slower-than-usual/
Relevancy 55.47%

Guys, I really need help. I recently observed that my laptop hoards too much RAM from 700 mb to 1.59 mb. It became so much slower and I suspected It might be a malware or something. I read on a forum here to run SAS, so I did and it found Agent.Trogan/Gen-nullo[short] on my system. SAS reported that it was successfully remove. My laptop is still slow. Help! I don't know what to do. I'm just a student away from home and I don't have the resources to send my laptop to a technician. I'm desperate, since as a student I really need my laptop. Thank you so much!

A:My computer suddenly became slower. I ran SAS and found trojan nullo

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553333/agenttrogangen-nulloshort-found-on-my-system/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553331/my-computer-suddenly-became-slower-i-ran-sas-and-found-trojan-nullo/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 55.04%

So I did a pingtest on Ookla and got a ping of 20 a speed of 17mbps and an upload of 17mbps. On the properties of my wireless adapter it says I am getting 72mbps. On my IPAD I get 50mbps and on a computer that is wired to my router It gets 70mbps.
Furthermore when I am playing games my ping will occasionally randomly spike to extremely high numbers like 999 and then back down to a normal 40/30.
GTX 970
I5
Windows 10
TP-Link 150mbps ( my adapter )

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/internet-speed-far-slower-then-it-should-be-4608448/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

Not sure if I've made a mistake here. But, I have a 2400 Athlon XP and bought an Abit NF7-s mobo to get AGP 8x and Dual channel memory. So basically it's was supposed to run at 2x133mhz FSB. I then bought some crucial PC4000 memory ( thinking of the future). Will this memory run happily at this much slower speed ? I tried it but kept getting error messages when loading win2k.

A:PC4000 ram at slower speed?

When memory is rated, it is rated "up to" it's selling rating. So, PC4000 ram supposedly is guaranteed to run "up to" it's maximum clock speed of... ~250mhz. It should absolutely just fine at 133mhz as well. If you are getting errors, I suggest you run memtest86 on your machine to see if the memory is faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc4000-ram-at-slower-speed.16139/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I've noticed a few of these types of threads in the past, and no real solution to them unless the OP didn't know the difference between bits and bytes. With that said, my Internet has been acting up lately.

On average I was getting 256 to 320kbps on downloads. Now I am only getting a whopping 30 kbps per download, and if I'm extremely lucky, 40-50 kbps.

Here is my speedtest.net result:

Here is thinkbroadband results (this one definitely shows there is something wrong): http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/126424485596070416960.html

This has just started recently, and it is affecting every computer on the network (4 of them, and yes, I was getting 250-300kbps download speeds with all 4 connected, so that's not the problem)

Any suggestions/tips are welcome.

A:Internet speed way slower than it should be

That picture is the actual result, or just an example?

I'd say 2220 Kbps and 570 Kbps is pretty good.

The linked one, not so great.

See what you get at www.speakeasy.net/speedtest for a server as close as possible to you.

What kind of connection? What time of day were these done? Why the huge difference between the 2 of them? I have a pretty slow connection at 1000 kbps (about the same as DSL1 at the link) from a small radio antenna. My cable friends get 40000 kbps. I guess I didn't know anything was slower than mine except for dialup. (Of course, when advertizing, they always use bits because it sounds like more. Mine is "a million"! Whoop-dee-doo.)

Just tried your test at speedtest.net and got 1501 kbps and 720 kbps, exactly the max that I am paying for. But yours is twice that at 2 megs a second in the graphic. So 350 kbps is really slow compared to that test result. That is DSL2 and what it should be. Of course, your DSL will get slower during busy times of day. Slow Saturday mornings, weekday afternoons after school gets out, and on Sunday mornings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-way-slower-than-it-should-be.896702/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I dual boot with win 7 and win 8. I have faster download speed when i'm in win 7 than when i'm in win 8. Obviously my router wireless settings is the same for both OS. I Googled this and it seems that it's a problem for a lot of users.If it's a question of updating drivers, my laptop is an Acer and i checked their website and they only have drivers for win 7. Could i change win 8 drivers with the win 7 one? Would that work? Are there settings in win 8 that i should check? Anyone here with the same problem? I have a 6mbps connection and when i check my connection speed at Speedtest.Net i get about 5.25 mbps when i'm in win 7, but i get about 1.65 mbps when i'm in win 8. What is causing such a big difference in speed? Any suggestions?

A:Why my internet speed is slower on win 8?

What is the security setting on your wireless router? If it's on "WEP" change it to WPA2-PSK [AES].

After recently upgrading a couple of laptops to Windows 8 Pro, I experienced this as well. Here's a link to a post regarding my Slow WiFi Fix.

If that's not the problem, the next biggest culpert might be third party antivirus, but I'll let some of the experts here chime in on that.

I would try the router security setting first, and if that's not the problem, move on from there. It worked for me.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20352-why-my-internet-speed-slower-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I just recently encountered this symptom a few days ago where the speed of my internet has been slowed down Im not sure whether its a virus spyware or its a poor internet connection Im currently performing anti virus checks using AVG Panda Spybot Lavasoft etc and so far no sign of infection Im sure its not the connection because it was working perfectly fine before Heres a logfile of Trendmicro's HJT Please check it over if you have time Thank you Regards Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT speed Internet slower MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng Internet speed slower exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exe C Windows system jusched exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Users Jamie Phongphilack Desktop windows-kb -v exe c d a c fbbd c mrtstub exe C Windows system MRT exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts update aruarose com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssbho dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler ProgramFilesFolder Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateReg quot C Windows system jureg exe quot O - HKLM Run fssui quot C Program Files Windows Live Family... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-speed-slower-284236.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I recently encountered this symptom a few days ago where my internet speed dropped The signs of this is that sites take longer for me to fully load going on sites takes longer to respond google takes way long for it to load and while playing games I receive a lot of lag Heres a log of HJT Please check if there are any problems Thank you Regards Saint Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved than speed before Internet is slower at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv Internet speed is slower than before exe Internet speed is slower than before C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Internet speed is slower than before Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Windows system jusched exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts update aruarose com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssbho dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler ProgramFilesFolder Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateReg quot C Windows system jureg exe quot O - HKLM Run fssui quot C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exe quot -autorun O - HKLM Run LifeCam quot C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe quot O - HKLM Run VX C Windows vVX exe O - HKLM Run HP Soft... Read more

A:Internet speed is slower than before

Bumping and updating on what other things are happening with the speed of my internet. Not only do game connections are slower and web browsers take longer to load google.ca homepage, but also doesnt show images on sites like youtube.com and shows red X's. I have to wait around 5 mins or more for it to load and after searching takes me another 5 mins or so to respond and give results. If so, I performed a 2nd hijack this scan and acquired the log if needed. I did virus/spyware scans and no signs of infected areas using Panda, AVG, Spybot, Adaware, Windows Defender and performed a disk defrag along with CCleaner.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-speed-is-slower-than-before-283724.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello

So, when I had Windows 7 I downloaded like 6MB/s, but since I upgraded to Windows 8 I'm only getting 2MBs! So, I searched on Google etc and I saw that Windows 8 is using 20% of your download bandwidth, or what ever it was. So, I want to turn it off by searching 'gpedit.msc', for the Group Policy Editor. But the problem is, I can't find 'gpedit.msc', I'm getting an error that it doesn't exists...

Then I went to 'Services' and saw this: http://i.imgur.com/SYeHa.png
The description says something like only admins can use it. (However, I am the admin?)

I really have no idea what to do next. :/

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: not using a laptop btw

A:Since W8, slower download speed!

Do you have the correct driver for your Ethernet NIC? Windows probably installed a driver but it may not be the best driver. If you have an Intel Ethernet device, go to www.intel.com and download the correct Intel driver. Otherwise, go to the downloads for your PC Vendor or if its a custom built, the motherboard vendor and download the correct Ethernet NIC drivers.

I get the same download speeds on both Win 7 and Win 8 with the same hardware (I have a dual boot system).

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16832-since-w8-slower-download-speed.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Before somebody tells me something I already know, yes I am aware that wireless is supposed to be slower than ethernet, but my problem is something legitimate.

I just purchased a D-LINK DIR-655, which seems to be working fine. But here's the issue I'm having, when I am connected via ethernet, according to a speedtest.net connection, I get a 5.0 kb/s download rate. However, with wireless, I get a 1.6 kb/s.

However, my girlfriend's Macintosh when connected to the WIRELESS network, on the same test can get 5.6 kb/s.

I have just updated my wireless driver, and this didn't seem to fix it, and it is 802.11 G capable.

For reference, my wireless network adapter is:
Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN Mini-PCI Card
I am operating
Windows XP SP2
Pentium M 1.6Ghz
512 MB RAM

Any help/info is appreciated!

A:Slower D/L Speed with Wireless

do you have encryption enabled on the wireless - try removing it and see what speed you get

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slower-d-l-speed-with-wireless.568409/
Relevancy 55.04%

my dsl connection has been really slow and downloading stuff takes forever(usually 25kbps).
i was on a wireless connection until someone here suggested that i connect to the dsl modem.
i did that and still no change. it is a 2wire homeportal dsl modem. any help would be appreciated. (oh and as for the title, i ran one of those speed tets and it told me i was 90% slower, i might as well have cheaper dial up lol)

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone:

I got a speed upgrade from my ISP, and it was supposed to increase my download speeds to about 1m/sec. Now its about from 160 KB/s to around 148 KB/s! can someone help me? is it a problem with my comp, or is sbc being crappy?

sorry i yelled, i am very upset.

Edit: It's ok, yelling removed -- Nodsu

A:Upgraded ISP, but speed is slower!!!!!!!!!

When upgrading speed you will experiance a speed degrade for about 1 to 2 weeks.

Your just gonna have to live through it but the payoff is worth it.

BTW in your profile it says

sw123's profile said:

Intel Celeron 2.60 GHz

Motherboard:
Intel 845GV socket 939Click to expand...

??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-isp-but-speed-is-slower.61574/
Relevancy 55.04%

I was using an old Linksys wireless router but got a new Cisco/Linksys Valet router. Upload and dowload speeds usually good, but sometimes there is a very noticeable drop in download speed. My ISP, Comcast says no trouble from their end and router tech support says no trouble with them either. Where I notice a huge drop in speed is streaming with Netflix. I never ever had a slow speed before but now with Netflix, via Wii on TV a movie will stop and show it is retrieving.

Question: Can my new router somehow result in slower speed?

A:new router but slower speed?

Hmm...

Check to see if your router is set to a/b/g/n or a lower speed like b. I like to have mine on the fastest speed unless a slower adapter prevents this.

You can also flash your router to see if this helps. Make sure your router is not being blocked, is high up and clear of obstructions.

You can connect to a site such as:

Check My Internet Connection Speed | Internet Connection Speedometer | McAfee

Also, I think some ISPs will reduce your speed when streaming large amounts of data, but I'm not positive of this.

Finally, I have a Linksys router, but flashed it with dd-wrt

http://www.dd-wrt.com

I can actually increase my signal strength, within reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130379-new-router-but-slower-speed.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I got my internet speed slower and limited!
I dunno how, but it just change very drastically...
Why i just know that is that my roomate, use his own laptop but he has an internet speed 8 times faster!! He use Win XP on his laptop.
It happen when i installed a McAfee Enterprise 8.7i in my laptop.
Before the installation progress, my Internet speed is as fast as my roomate does..
But it suddenly happen like that and i got system restore but it useless...

So, my question is, how can i got my internet speed to normal.. Please help me out...

I just can't live with this whole 15 kbps/s download...

A:About a slower Internet speed.

Hi Sandykun and welcome to Vista Forums

You appear to have answered your own question. Since your room mate is still getting good speed, that would eliminate problems with the connection. I presume that you are using a router, either wired or wireless, and that you are sharing the connection. Instead, your problem would appear to lie with this:

Originally Posted by Sandykun

It happen when i installed a McAfee Enterprise 8.7i in my laptop.

I recommend that you uninstall this to see if it helps to solve your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/196597-about-slower-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have a fairly fast computer i guess and i do use torrent fairly frequently to download games movies and music Recently while playing a game gta san andreas the game suddenly crashed for apparently no reason Afterwards all actions such as using windows media player opening folders going onilne etc Computer suddenly blue slower get + drastically screen performance suddenly became a lot slower It didnt seem to be malware or something because no actual change happened to the computer other than the slowness I had ran virus scans with Ad aware with Lavasoft Computer performance suddenly drastically slower + get blue screen and Super Anti Spyware with no results within scanning for hours i had ran freeware AML registry cleaner but the computer would randomly reboot before the scan could complete with a blue screen appearing right before the screen booted After turning off automatic restart for system failure i got a good look at the screen and it read quot STOP X E xC X F xA A x Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete quot I had also tried rebooting with quot Last known good configuration but still had the same problems I still have gb free space with gb used and usually have had no virus problems other than a malware issue that was resolved by my sister who is away now and cannot help anymore Disk Defragmentation is done so that should also not be a problem Help would be very appreciated

A:Computer performance suddenly drastically slower + get blue screen

Hello Ebb1611

Things to try
1. Test the RAM
2. Update your video drivers

1. Test RAM
If you have more than one stick of RAM (256MB or more) swap them over or take one out and try again with only stick #1. If it does not help or makes things worse swap the sticks and try again with only stick #2. Running with one stick at a time will identify if you have a bad stick. Try moving the RAM to a different slot as well.

OR
You can put either of these free programs on a floppy and test the RAM. Let them run for hours to do many passes if you can

memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/

Windows Memory Diagnostic http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Memtest on CD ( this is a bootable CD and can be used when you cannot access an operating system)
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/256/mirrors.php

Use your CD burner to write it onto a CD as an ISO image
Test with only one stick of RAM installed at a time

2. Video drivers
Go to the manufacturer of the video card`s site and look for updated drivers for your card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-performance-suddenly-drastically-slower-get-blue-screen-474921.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi My Ethernet connection to my modem it Solved: should stoped working. be than slower Wireless but connects ethernet has Solved: ethernet stoped working. Wireless connects but slower than it should be ceased to function on my PC using windows XP home The cable is fine since I have been able to connect to the internet with my netbook using it Device manager says my network adapter is working properly The LAN does not appear in Network connections and no icon appears in the status bar with or without the cable plugged in The cable port light is green when the cable is connected I have tried updating the driver and have tried to find other fixes through a forum search but nothing has been able to remedy Solved: ethernet stoped working. Wireless connects but slower than it should be the situation AVG virus scans and Maulwarebites scans are all negative I am using a USB wireless device to connect to the internet currently but despite the computer says it has a Mbps connection but Solved: ethernet stoped working. Wireless connects but slower than it should be basic web pages take over seconds to load with many timing out Other computers using the same modem don t experience the same lag I don t know if this is related to my Lan issue but I thought I should mention it I m hoping someone can help me nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet stoped working. Wireless connects but slower than it should be

I did an IPCONFIG /ALL with the network cable plugged in and the USB wireless connected. This is the transcript.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Aaron>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : shwinbot
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Belkin

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : D-Link DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB A
dapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 5C-D9-98-53-2C-E1
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, 9 August 2011 11:34:01 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, 19 January 2038 1:14:07 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\Aaron>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-stoped-working-wireless-connects-but-slower-than-it-should-be.1011553/
Relevancy 54.61%

At Speedtestdotnet IE downloads at about 50 mps but Chrome only about 30. (Other test sites seem to be the same.) With IE the speed test visuals are smooth but with Chrome they're staggered. I searched and other people seem to be having the same problem. In reading a bit, is it possible that the problem is with Chrome's flash player or does anyone here know or have an idea what's going on.

Thanks as always

VFN

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/300406-speed-test-chrome-slower-than-ie.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So a few months back I decided to plug in one of those X-Plorer Guitars for the xbox into my computer cause it said it was compatible with windows It worked just fine until I unplugged it From then on whenever I plugged something into that same usb port it would show up as quot Unknown Device quot on Windows i m using XP btw and any device that I plugged in wouldn t work Another problem that came along with this was that two of my USB ports suddenly started functioning at speeds I read another thread on this forum about the same problem and I ve tried most of the methods unplugging computer for minutes re-install 2.0 & speed Slower Unknown Device USB Windows restacking the USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed USB drivers updated BIOS etc but they don t work I even reformatted and it didn t help It s really frustrating me and it d be nice if USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed I could get some help thanks edit Here s all my IRQ thingies sorry I m not too good with tech lingo gt gt IRQ High precision event timer OK IRQ Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management OK IRQ Standard floppy disk controller OK IRQ High precision event timer OK IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK IRQ Numeric data processor OK IRQ Primary IDE Channel OK USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed IRQ NVIDIA GeForce GTS OK IRQ Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller OK IRQ Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller OK IRQ NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator OK IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller OK IRQ Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio OK IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller OK aaaaand it listed some conflicts I O Port x A - x AFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x A - x AFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce GTS IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller IRQ Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS I O Port x B - x BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce GTS Memory Address xF - xFBFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xF - xFBFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS nbsp

A:USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed

Buy a powered external USB 2 adapter and see if this solves your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-unknown-device-slower-speed.105453/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, as the title suggests my Internet is slower then normal. I used to have a fast connection on an unsecured network but I started having problems with the speed so I decided to put a password on. Unfortunately this has not fixed much, I think I have malware, spyware, etc. hogging my bandwith. What logs must I submit to find out if my slow Internet is because of viruses?

Thanks.

A:Slower Internet Speed Then Usual

Sorry this is being resolved elsewhere.

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405101/slower-internet-speed-then-usual/
Relevancy 54.61%

So, sometime during the summer my IP address changed from the previous one that I had for several years (5+). For some reason it is now much slower. It is broadband and peaks at about 5 down 1 up and I used to be able to watch 720p youtube videos with no buffering problems, now it takes several minutes just to buffer 10 seconds. At another place, I have 10 down and 1 up fiber optics, no problem buffering 720p or 1080p videos. The former of the two used to be up to par with the latter, but for some reason the former just got slower around the time of the IP change. I have not changed any of the settings of my router, and have had times when it has said it couldn't communicate with the primary DNS server. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A:IP change recently, slower speed

What IP are you talking about? Public (provided by ISP), or Private (supplied by YOUR home router)?
Might want to try Start->Cmd->ipconfig /flushdns

If you're having a DNS problem, you might want to change your DNS adapter settings to use a better DNS server (such as Google's 8.8.4.4 or others)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-change-recently-slower-speed.1064651/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've recently upgraded to a 2MBps download conection speed with Tiscali but am only recording average download speeds of around 800kbps, which is fast but not as fast as I was expecting. I'm using a Speedtouch 570 wireless router, and the phone connection is plugged directly into the BT socket without any phone extension leads that might slow speed down.
Tiscali are aware of the problem and their engineer tested the phone line which seems OK. He is also baffled saying that I should be expecting a speed of around 1.4MBps and they are going to look into it further, but I was wondering if there might be anything at this end that might slow it down. They are confident that the Speedtouch router's in-built firewall should not slow it down, though I have not been able to find out how to detect and regulate that.

Relevancy 54.61%

hallo,

last week i got myself windows 8, i used to own windows 7 and everything worked realy well.
Now, i got everything going well, and i wanted to add my game's again.

i installed assassins creed black flag, crysis 3, and battlefield 3 again.
and on all those 3 the games, non works! its laggs like hell.
I used to run them all on around medium settings with 40 to 60 fps.
now i putt everything on LOW, with lowest res and GAMEBOOSTER and i got around 10-20 fps! i realy can't play.
(lol, even star wars battlefield 2 lags a bit)

i got a HP laptop, and on windows 7 this all worked really wel.
do i need anny new drivers? do i need to instal somthing special on windows 8 to fix this?

thanks already
-Arnootie

A:Gaming speed allot slower now,

Hell arnootie. Welcome to eightforums

It helps a lot when you give us your system specs - Processor, memory, video card, soundcard? If you don't know what they are or how to get them, see this tutorial - Speccy - Advanced System Information Tool - Windows 7 Help Forums

And which specific version of Windows - 8, 8.1? Pro?

Now, from reading your post... on surface I'd say you need to update all your drivers, or have you done that?

Also try updating your DirectX files

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/41727-gaming-speed-allot-slower-now.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Ive recently formatted my comp and after installing Windows SP2 and all its updates my USB ports only work at a slow speed. So i cant connect things like a digital cam and my printer.

This has happened to me before I cant remember how I fixed it. Ive uninstalled the USB drivers so that windows re-installs them when i restart but it doesnt work. Thats all the help microsoft has on their online support section.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

A:USB 2.0 ports only working at a slower speed

Maybe you could try finding and downloading some new drivers to install. Everytime you uninstall the ones you have now and reboot it just reinstalls the same drivers. Try some different drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-ports-only-working-at-a-slower-speed.30625/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently worked on a computer with Windows XP professional SP2, 3.5 GBs of RAM (4x1G DDR 400) and a direct 100 MB/s connection to their Linksys router. Their tested download speed recorded at 11.6 mb/s download, and 2.08 mb/s upload, repectively (Results via Speedtest.net). However, when trying to download files or stream video from sites such as youtube, their maximum download tops off at around 1.5 mb/s, respectively. Can anyone offer me some advice as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

A:Download speed slower than tested

in almost all cases, your download speed will be dependent upon the upload speed of the host, not your download speed.

just like your connection is 11 down and 2 up. if someone was downloading from you on a 30mb/s fiber connection, they'd still only download at about 2, because that's as fast as you can upload.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/download-speed-slower-than-tested-396787.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hey guys, i got a problem here, i d/l a lot of torrents, and over the past few months i went back to using bitornado, however i jus recently started using azureus again, theres just one problem, for some reason my d/l speeds for bitornado are far greater then azureus, ill get like 64kb/s on bt, but 10.2kb/s on azureus. i dunno wuts up, i used to get it on bt just as i do on azureus, but then my brother forwarded all the ports on my router and it started workin fine, anybody know that i can do, thx,

syrupy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/azureus-d-l-speed-is-slower-then-bittornado.260219/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I just replaced my old router (Linksys WRT54G) to a Linksys x1000. However, my download speed is slower than the previous router I had. I tried the following things to resolve this problem:

Upgrading to the latest firmware version;Updated my wireless network card drivers to the latest version;Switching between different channels (channel 1 and 5 and default channel). I have set Network Mode to: Mixed and I set Channel Width to Automatic (20 or 40 MHz).

When using my old router I had an average download speed of 1 MB/sec while using the new router I can't get pas 500 KB/sec. In both cases I was sitting next to the router.

Oh, and by the way, there's also a port on the router named DSL. It looks like it doesn't matter whether I connect that port to my modem. How come? What's its function?

Anyone got an idea?
Thanks

A:New router but slower download speed

Hi,
Try switching DNS address to Open DNS or Google DNS.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38921-new-router-but-slower-download-speed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

is there any way to increase my upload or transfer speed, or get it back to normal?

A:2000Pro upload speed got slower

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://charter.msn.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeadAIM] rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,76/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6FDB0065-2787-11D6-B1D8-0001023916FC} (CLOActiveXInstaller Control) - http://www.igl.net/clo/install/CLOActiveXInstallerProj1.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003120501/housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?38266.9084953704
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/suite/autocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,16/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {C5E28B9D-0A68-4B50-94E9-E8F6B4697516} (NsvPlayX Control) - http://www.orbitalgrooves.com/nsv/nsvplayx_vp6_mp3.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC05BC12-2AA2-4AC7-AC81-0E40F83B1ADF} (Live365Player Class) - http://www.live365.com/players/play365.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000pro-upload-speed-got-slower.312147/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Guys,

I am still trying to Install Windows 7 x64, and I have been told by Customer Services to do the following:

Quote:
"The only times that I’ve seen this problem, it’s been caused by an error with the disc in use. I would recommend using ImgBurn (available from The Official ImgBurn Website) to burn the disc, and burning it at the slowest speed possible, and then choosing the option to verify the disc afterwards.

If this does not work, please get back in contact and we can arrange for the machine to come back and be tested, however a hardware fault does seem unlikely."

I have downloaded IMGBurn and would like advice on how to do this.

A:How to Burn ISO's from IMGBurn at a slower speed.

Have a look at the Imgburn forums for loads of advice: ImgBurn Support Forum

Don't forget, you can also use Windows 7's built-in burner.

Burn Disc Image - ISO or IMG file

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213351-how-burn-isos-imgburn-slower-speed.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys My PC is a year and a half old HP m n Ghz Intel Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia GEforce GT graphics card Running Windows Vista A couple of days ago it suddenly turned itself off When it started up again a strange ASCII character appeared scattered on the startup screens the character is quot quot to be exact The quot hp invent quot screen that always pops up came up with vertical streaks and took much longer than usual then the computer tried to recover from the crash It recovered the first time then crashed suddenly again soon after I left it off for a while thinking it might have been overheating Turned it back on a couple of hours later and everything seemed fine until another crash Trying to start it caused the same thing to happen the suddenly, PC ASCII help! crashing strange characters slower-than-usual on startup, ASCII symbol appears takes a long time to startup tries to repair PC crashing suddenly, strange ASCII characters on slower-than-usual startup, help! and it subsequently wouldn t bring up Vista anymore Tonight I took out the CPU fan and heat sink and removed all the dust in there as well as removing as much from the case in general as I could The computer started up I had it repair itself twice and Vista ran I immediately made the system restore DVDs and backed up as much as I could During the backup it crashed as usual and on start-up the symbol was back and it needed PC crashing suddenly, strange ASCII characters on slower-than-usual startup, help! to repair After repair it shut itself down and I haven t restarted it since I haven t tried the system restore yet because I didn t get to back everything up yet and was hoping someone might know how I can fix it without having to do so Here s a video of what happens http www youtube com watch v tvhfJ dj kM Any ideas what s causing this Please don t say it s PEBKAC I m not knowledgable enough about PC crashing suddenly, strange ASCII characters on slower-than-usual startup, help! this kind of thing and it started happening so suddenly is it the power source or a hard drive problem or Anybody Thanks Thanks nbsp

A:PC crashing suddenly, strange ASCII characters on slower-than-usual startup, help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashing-suddenly-strange-ascii-characters-on-slower-than-usual-startup-help.743839/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an HP laptop with Windows 7 that suddenly became slow at startup. It also now takes a while for my chrome or internet explorer browsers to open up.
Yesterday, I ran a scan using Malwarebytes and it detected 700+ PUP's, all of which I removed.
The problem persists. What can I do to fix this?
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588991/computer-is-suddenly-slower-at-startup-and-it-takes-a-long-time-for-my-internet/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all I was wondering why I'm getting slower WiFi speeds from my Stream Notebook compaired to my tablet or mobile phone? I recently had a speed upgrade from my ISP and I'm getting 51mb on my tablet/phone but seem to be getting 30mb on my Notebook... Is there anything I can do?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Slower-WiFi-than-my-Tablet/td-p/5619369
Relevancy 54.18%

Every other device in my home including another laptop, a desktop, gaming console & my smart TV all connect at the fastest speed through wifi. The laptop that runs Windows 8 is connecting at only half the speed. Everything has been updated and basic configurations checked. The proximity has nothing to do with the situation since the desktop is in the same room and is consistently at or around top speed. Are there settings that should be tweaked to get the Windows 8 laptop to connect at the fastest speed? Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Relevancy 54.18%

at work my laptop will get about 14000 kbps download and the wired machines get around 26000 kbps... should there be such a huge gap in performance? if not how can i fix it or at least help it out some..?

A:WIFI slower than wired?

Yep, there is. Fixing it requires you to redesign the nature of 802.11g low-level protocols. That might be more than you're willing to take on right now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-slower-than-wired.597387/
Relevancy 54.18%

As time went on, the wireless on my laptop appears to become slower and slower. I'm connecting to the same AP and I don't beleive anything has changed on that front.

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get my wireless speed back up?

A:Wifi slower than molassas

can you supply make and models of kit you are connected too

can you use the laptop next to the router to see how it works close up - are you able to use a cable connection to see how that works

what speed test have you used

do you have an icon in the sytem tray - normally bottom right - however over and see what speed that says your connected at

have you run virus and spyware scans at all ??

can you ping google.com

start>
run
cmd
ping google.com

post result

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
also download and run - see if other networks may be interfering - also signal to noise ratio

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-slower-than-molassas.532232/
Relevancy 53.75%

Im really stupid with computers so i apologize if i dont explain this any better

i downloaded the free America's Army game maybe 5 days ago and i noticed that my computer was much slower than it was the day before. so i thought maybe it was a memory problem and i deleted the game. but the problem is still there. (an example of something i noticed is when i move my mouse around, the cursor on the desktop freezes for like a split second and then does it again within another couple seconds)

I also did a virus scan, and nothing showed up, but im pretty sure it's something that has to do with memory...

any help would be appreciated

also here is an error message that popped up when i was trying to run a program:

Error allocating virtual memory. Make sure you have at least 120 MB free disk swapfile space.

A:Problem: Computer speed is slower than normal

The answer lies in your error message;
Go to start, right click on My Computer, select Properties,select Advanced tab, choose Performance "settings" button, select the Advanced tab here, check your virtual memory allocated. Also on this Advanced tab, make sure a check is against "programs" for the other 2 options.

One point, when you say you "deleted" the game you downloaded, I take it you properly uninstalled it using either its own uninstaller or the Add/Remove programs utility in the control panel?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-computer-speed-is-slower-than-normal-112442.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok so since my dad don t remember where he hid the old wire hd dsl model router he bought a Netgear DGN N wireless dsl modem router What I notice about the change is the speed of the internet We are paying for mbps download and kpbs upload but we re actually just getting around kbps on download and kpbs on upload with the old router Now I tested it s download speed and upload by actually downloading something big like a gig and I wasn t getting a constant speed rate of kpbs at all but around kpbs rollercoastering through - kpbs I have a wireless PCI express card on my desktop it s an ASUS PCE-N Wireless Adapter IEEE b g n PCI Express Mbp Netgear DGN setting Channel n up to Mbps Mixed WPA-PSK WPA -PSK Though on my desktop I m getting a Full signal of Mbps of speed I still can t get the speed I had on our old router The biggest problem I m having is on my laptop This is where I mostly download videos and other stuff This is where I see that I get a constant speed of kpbs download I never played the network adapter on this laptop until I got a lot of issues getting really low speed from our new Model Router I m but Router slower speed? Solved: New download getting FULL signal but speed is Mbps Though it does goes up to around Mbps Mbps Mbps Mbps often very often on Mbps and Mbps but It s mostly cap to Mbps I have an ACER Aspire - with a wireless lan adapter Broadcom n Both of my desktop and laptop is upstairs but only my laptop gets really low download speed under kbps also not getting constant speed Network Adapter settings Solved: New Router but slower download speed? coexistance auto mhz Intolerant disabled n Preamble auto Afterburner disabled Antenna Diversity Auto AP compatiblity Mode High Performance Bandwidth capability b g Mhz Bluetooth Collaboration Auto BSS PLCP header Auto Short Long BT-AMP Enabled Disable upon Wired Connected disabled Fragmentation Threshold IBSS g tm Protection Mode auto IBSS mode b g n Auto Locally Administered MAC address not present Minimum Power Consumption disabled Mixed Cell Support disabled Power Output Priority and VLAN Disabled Rate Best rate Roam Tendency Auto Roaming Decision Auto RTS Threshold Short GI Auto Wake-up Mode Magic and Wakup frame WMM Auti WZC IBSS Channel Number Mhz Xpress TM Technology enabled This is quite a lot but please bear with me I m no professional on wireless network technology So if u guys have any suggestion on what settings should I have please do so I would gladly try everything just to make every like it was before Especially when switching from a g to N wireless dsl modem router Though the router is actually downstairs this time when it is normally at my parents room like doors far apart from my room which was upstairs Why am I losing so much speed My desktop is getting almost the normal speed that I had before with the old router Ok so I went downstairs and I m feet away from it and wow I got upto Mbps though it still goes down to Mbps frequently but my speed gain upto - kbps but still goes down to around kpbs I also did a ping test and here s my result PING data bytes bytes from seq ttl time ms bytes from seq ttl time ms bytes from seq ttl time ms bytes from seq ttl time ms --- ping statistics --- packets transmitted packets received packet loss round-trip min avg max ms This is after I reinstalled my drivers for my network adapter before it looks like this PING data bytes --- ping statistics --- packets transmitted packets received packet loss It doesn t say anything on the body of the test I hope you guys understood this I have really bad explanation especially that English isn t my native language I also tried getting away from the router by about yards it seems that the speed goes back to it s Mbps but the downlod speed is like how it was before I m getting up to Kbps nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey all,

I upgraded my OS from WIN 7 Home 64-bit, to WIN 7 Prof 64-bit and my browsing speed decreased dramatically. I primarily used Chrome before, but browsing is practically impossible on it now. So now I use Firefox 4 since its been decent with me. I have no clue what went wrong since the upgrade was successful. My router is fine, but browsing speed is just super slow. It wasn't like this before I upgraded. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Please and thanks for any advice given!

Dell XPS 1640

A:Updrade to WIN 7 Professional 64-bit, slower browsing speed

What kind of an upgrade did you do? Custom? Clean install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193113-updrade-win-7-professional-64-bit-slower-browsing-speed.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Starting around monday my internet download speed went from 25-30Mbps to 3 Mbps (tested with speedtest.net and the xfinity speed test.) I've done the tests on three separate computers: two running XP (one wireless, one wired) and one running win 8 (wired.) I've reset the modem (router is built in) as well as unplugged everything for a few minutes and plugged it back in. The modem/router are fairly new, the internet was setup only around 3 weeks ago. I did the dslreports.com line quality test and it showed 7% to 20% packet loss. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you for you time.

A:Download and upload speed randomly got much slower

Since you mentioned using the "xfinity" speed test may I assume that you have Comcast, or at least cable service from some company?

The problem could be anywhere from the ISP to the modem/router. Can you think of any changes around Monday? Such changes could be adding another device or appliance to the electrical circuit powering the modem/router, modifying the coax cables or connections in any way, utility work near the cable drop to your residence, high wind or lightning if you have above ground cables, etc.

If the modem/router is plugged into a surge protector or power strip have you tested with it connected directly to an outlet?

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they know of any problems or have had other complaints from your neighborhood?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-and-upload-speed-randomly-got-much-slower.1128255/
Relevancy 53.75%

Had a CD-R/RW Drive that's over 2 years old now that ran at 40x 10x 40x (or something like that....that's what aida32 said anyways)

I bought a Plextor model PX-W5224TA and installed it.
It's supposed to be 52x 24x 52x and is described by every review i've ever read of it as "lightening fast".

Only it's not for me.In fact it doesn't read or write as fast as my old hunk of junk.In fact it's almost twice as slow.

I must be incredibly retarded but i can't figure out for the life in me why it's SO slow.It doesn't seem to be defective and the settings in the software i installed with it "PlexWriter" show the speed as is high as it can go.

Did i miss something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-faster-speed-cd-rom-drive-slower-then-my-old-slow-one.250044/
Relevancy 53.75%

I switch between XP and Vista quite frequently because i love XP but i have one big problem. Here it is. I have a 6mb/s DSL internet connection and when using XP i get download speeds no greater than 250kb/s while when using Vista i get download speeds greater than 800kb/s. The driver i'm using is the most recent one from the intel website (i have a gateway mt6821 laptop with intel pro/wireless 3945ABG wireless) and it is compatible with both XP and Vista. Why am i getting slower download speeds in XP? Shouldn't it be the same as in Vista? I would really love to go to using XP all the time but this is the one thing holding me back. Please help. Thanks for your time.

A:Internet speed slower in XP than Vista with same driver

Please help ASAP!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-speed-slower-in-xp-than-vista-with-same-driver-260883.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all I am running XP Home SP on an AMD processor with all current updates installed On the System Properties page the speed is only reporting as anything between on the general user and or GHz on the audio user although it is not consistent The power settings on both users are set to Always On although there are other schemes saved I switched both to Always On after reading that power schemes may be choking the processor speed off It doesn t seem to make any difference though I changed the Computer interface in Device Manager to ACPI PC from Uniprocessor PC on advice from Creative I m running an SB Live which gave me the speed on the general user but not annoyingly on the Audio user And the system RAM is only reporting MB with GB installed As far as I can see settings for both users are the same I am running Background services and System Cache as priority I have Cacheman installed but settings for both users are the same AVG up to date and no nasties other than tracking cookies reported from recent scans by AVG Anti-Spyware or Search and Destroy What s going on Thanks for any help particularly from audio machine users Regards UD nbsp

A:Solved: Processor speed reports slower than it should

The problem was due to settings not available in the power applet. Fixed from cmd line:

Processor throttle settings (DOS):
to view: >powercfg /q <scheme name>
to edit: >powercfg /x <scheme name> /processor-throttle-ac none

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed-reports-slower-than-it-should.587638/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

My connection is really slow, im getting 1 KB per second, and like, thats a lot slower than dial up. Can someone help me? PC specs in profile. Networking card onboard. Using SBC Yahoo! DSL

Thank you

sw123

A:Why is my High speed connection going slower than dial up

Where are you getting that 1KB/s from? Surely you won't get full speed while downloading from a Warez site in China

Try a speed test from www.dslreports.com (under Tools).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-high-speed-connection-going-slower-than-dial-up.62666/
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently i have started playing half at speed video Solved: cpu slower problems/ now life and a Solved: video problems/ cpu at slower speed now couple other games that are graphics intensive My problem is that sometimes the game will slow down a bit and it gets a bit choppy Also the sound will skip quite a bit when this happens I went to a local computer store and the guy there talked me into upgrading my ATI pro to a pro It seems a little better but not completely Another thing I have noticed Solved: video problems/ cpu at slower speed now is that in the system information screen for my comp it is showing my processor as an AMD but I purchased a and it used to show up as that my system specs are below for your info Not sure if this will help but my processor runs at approx C during gaming and about C not gaming Thanks MSI KT AV board AMD ATHALON XP g when purchased AMD ATHALON XP g now gb ddr pc - pc - pc mator gig hd w power supply radeon pro agp mb v card on board sound w Creative spkrs nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Theoretically my Internet download considerably than Laptop's is be should it slower speed speed is and in practice it Laptop's download speed is considerably slower than it should be means MB s But I have a Dell L x laptop here which has odd speed problems When I'm on WiFi and testing the speeds on Speedtest net I got the following speeds download Mb s upload Mb s ping ms Which is somewhat good but on my personal Asus laptop standing next to the Dell laptop and choosing the exact same server for testing speeds I got Mb s Mb s ping ms Ok a few megabits here and there isn't that much of a deal but there's more weird stuff Testing the speeds with a CAT e cable I got the following results I did the tests with the same cable and behind the same port on the router - Dell laptop Mb s Mb s - Asus laptop Mb s Mb s So comparing the Speedtest net results on the Dell laptop between WiFi and wire the download speed with wire is over three times slower vs Also comparing to laptops' download speeds we can see that Dell has over times slower download speed over wire than Asus I understand that Speedtest net results may not be the best way to compare the speeds but it gives some sort of an indication To test the speeds in a real situation I downloaded an Ubuntu iso from the following link http www nic funet fi pub mirrors ktop-amd iso on both laptops using wire and WiFi Here are the results Wired - Dell laptop download speed rotated around - kB s Peaked at kB s for a while to drop again - Asus laptop download speed was jumping between - MB s Most of the time it was MB s Wireless - Dell laptop although Speedtest net showed that wireless download speed is Mb s in practice it was around - kB s although it managed to peak MB s- MB s sometimes But the average was probably around kB s - Asus laptop download speed was pretty much the same as with wired - around MB s All of these speed differences made me think what could be the source of the problem The router and the WiFi AP was the same in all scenarios the cable and the port behind the router was the same the Speedtest net server was the same the Ubuntu FTP server was the same The Dell laptop should also get the same download speeds as the Asus laptop but somehow it doesn't I was wondering maybe it's a Windows issue or a faulty driver issue but booted a Linux CD and fired up wget from the terminal and tried downloading something and the speed problems persisted both wire and wireless I'm wondering what tests should I perform in order to get the cause of the problem One option would be that the network adapters are messed up - are these replacable Well that's all the description I could come up with If there's anything confusing ask me I'm grateful for all the help starsplash

A:Laptop's download speed is considerably slower than it should be

Other drivers that could affect it are for the chipset, or for the graphics adapter if there is no separate chipset driver, and the BIOS itself. But the problem doesn't seem to be entirely consistent, at least with the wifi. You might also clean the RAM, and make sure the laptop is at decent operating temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379735-laptops-download-speed-considerably-slower-than-should.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone hope all is well I am looking for some clarification on a speed test that I ve done using two Cat e cables and a Cat cable I used speedtest net to see slower in a cable is Cat5e test. then speed Cat7 the downl ad upload speeds using the three cables respectively I was hoping to get faster speeds from the Cat but sadly it did not perform well as I hoped I have Cisco DP router it has four Base-T Ethernet ports It s pretty standard in specs as far I know I used the following cables and tested it three time each and received these results I understand that there are other kinds of tests but keeping it simple and straight forward is what I m doing as far I m know anyways Gray Cat e Cable ft Download Upload mbps mbps mbps mbps mbps mbps Average Speed mbps mbps Yellow Cat e Cable ft Download Upload mbps mbps mbps mbps mbps mbps Average Speed mbps mbps Black Flat Cat E Cable ft mbps mbps mbps mbps mbps mbps Average Speed mbps mbps Comparing to my Gray Cat e using the the Cat means a lost of about in download speed but a gain Cat7 cable is slower then Cat5e in a speed test. of in upload speed I was expecting the Cat Cat7 cable is slower then Cat5e in a speed test. to be faster I don t think there are any issues with the router compatibility issues that may reduce or restrict the speeds or don t allow for the Cat to work at its full potential I was wondering if perhaps the speedtest net was not a sufficient test in determining the speeds between types of cables Any input would help thank you nbsp

A:Cat7 cable is slower then Cat5e in a speed test.

The different ratings for Category cabling (3, 5, 5e, 6, 6a, and 7) has nothing to do with improving Internet speed and won't have an effect on LAN traffic if the spec of the cable exceeds the physical hardware's ability to utilize the full bandwidth potential of the particular cable.

What the ratings mean is the cables ability to carry a certain frequency of signaling which is specified in the various IEEE standards for 10, 100, 1 Gig and 10 Gig copper Ethernet. As an example, Cat 5 and 5e are spec'd to be able to support both 10/100 Mbit and 1 Gig Ethernet at a distance of 100 meters. Cat 6 and 6a are spec'd to support 10/100 Mbit, 1 Gig and 10 Gig Ethernet. Cat 6 will support 10 Gig at about 55 meters and 6a will support 10 Gig at the standard 100 meter spec.

The variation you're seeing in your data above can be a result of numerous external factors. How heavily loaded the Speed Test server is. How loaded your circuit to your ISP is. The network path your ISP chooses to route the session between you and the Speed Test server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat7-cable-is-slower-then-cat5e-in-a-speed-test.1171173/
Relevancy 53.32%

I timed it, and boot after restart takes much more time than just turning off and on. Am I only one experiencing this?

A:Restart boot speed is slower than shutdown-then-turn-on?

No, The new hybrid boot technology that Windows 8 use's does not affect Restarts.
Only full shut downs and powering on, that the speed of starting up is fast.

So if you restart you Windows 8, it'll take longer to start.
But if you shut it down like normal it'll start faster.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/restart-boot-speed-is-slower-than-shutdown-then-turn-on-674737.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I don't reeally know where I should post this but, I guess "Browsers" section works.
So my Chrome download speed average at 90-150kbps while my torrent average is 700kbps - 2 mbps. Is this normal? If not, is there a way to increase or "fix" my browser download?

A:Chrome download speed drastically slower than torrents.

Quote: Originally Posted by Waffles21

I don't reeally know where I should post this but, I guess "Browsers" section works.
So my Chrome download speed average at 90-150kbps while my torrent average is 700kbps - 2 mbps. Is this normal? If not, is there a way to increase or "fix" my browser download?

Try download from another site using chrome. Maybe remote site is just overloaded or slow

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/274379-chrome-download-speed-drastically-slower-than-torrents.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and a WUSB54G wireless adapter. The Windows XP computer is connected directly to the router with a ethernet cable, and the internet download (when a file is downloading) speed on the XP is what it should be at around 800 kbps. However, the Windows 98SE computer is connected with the wireless adapter (the signal strength is at 73%), but the download speed is horrible. It maxes out at 150 kbps.

Why is it doing this? The signal strenth is enough to easily support the 800 kbps that the other computer is getting. Also, I am not using the other computer while I am testing the 98SE, so it proves that something is wrong. Why in the world is this going so slow? Please help.

A:Internet speed much slower than it should be when connected to via wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-much-slower-than-it-should-be-when-connected-to-via-wireless-network.473270/
Relevancy 52.89%

Desktop S- IBR Running Windows Bought yesterday morning It took hours to install all the windows updates because even connected to a LAN this thing is slow as molasses I've finally got all the updates done so I know it's not something downloading in the background and it's still slow - seconds to load a blank Google page nbsp I tried updating drivers - the one for the LAN did nothing The bluetooth one went through the motions and then slower 300S-11IBR LAN Slow wifi spit out an error something something this driver is set for deletion I can't turn off wi-fi or bluetooth via the device settings because the option that 300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi sliding bar isn't there nbsp I was able to use a real computer HP via wi-fi to search for solutions It's amazing I can have 300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi tabs open on 300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi the HP and whatever I click pops up or downloads in a second but I turn that off and go over to the Lenovo and I'm waiting seconds for Google nbsp Is there a solution hidden somewhere on this website

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/300S-11IBR-Slow-LAN-slower-wifi/td-p/3477619
Relevancy 52.89%

Broadband access now acting slower than dialup I have no idea where to even start for what is wrong Just added Broadband over the dialup that I ve had for years and as of today its slower than dialup ever slower dialup access now acting WiFi than was From the history it looks like my son and a friend were looking up game walkthru guides for his xBox console There are also WiFi access now acting slower than dialup visits to tweak guides and system setting guides Various settings have been changed in startup services add-on s internet options etc etc etc Is there a way to see what might be contributing to pages loading very very slowly I m concerned that something may have been switched on or off that is causing a conflict Any suggestions would be helpful Thank you in advance PS - Just finished a virus scan with Avira AntiVir and the only problem it complained of was the detection pattern of the Windows virus W Blumblebee which is part of the Panda online scan I instruct it to ignore nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-access-now-acting-slower-than-dialup.106900/