Windows Support Forum

Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

Q: Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

Hi everyone As the title suggest the household loses internet connection everyone few hours or so The disconnect usually lasts less than a minute and the computers smartphones automatically reconnect afterwards When the connection fails it seems to fail for Internet Wireless Disconnects Connection Intermittently all devices simultaneously This problem has been going on for a very long time and I finally decided to try and see if the cause can be uncovered Any help will be greatly appreciated Windows IP Configuration Host Name FINN Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c cdd Preferred Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Thursday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB-EF-BD- C- - E- - C- DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- - E- - -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F C B-B - D- DAD-AAFFB B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A BA - - C- C F- DEACD C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC - BE - F - EF- E A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A CB - F E- AA- EE- DB D B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

The ipconfig /all shows an apparently good connection to a wireless router or access point.

When these disconnects happen do the devices maintain communication with the router and with each other?

What do the LEDs on the router tell you?

Do you have a separate modem? If so, what do its LEDs tell you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-disconnects-intermittently.1138620/
Relevancy 79.12%

I am using Aztech DSL 1000ER broadband modem (no wireless function, the modem is combined with router, has 4 ethernet wire ports). One Windows XP SP3 PC (Desktop) and one Apple laptop is connected to to the modem by ethernet cables.

When only the Win XP PC is connected to the internet, the internet connection is stable and working fine.
When both the Win XP PC and Apple laptop are connected to the internet at the same time, both will experience frequent disconnection. The disconnection last about 5 seconds each time and it will automatically be connected again after 5 seconds. This happens about 6 to 8 times every hour.

I brought my modem (previous same one also having this problem) to the service center and they exchanged a new one for me. The modem that I am using now is a brand new modem. Any help is appreciated.

A:Internet disconnects intermittently when two computers are online at the same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects-intermittently-when-two-computers-are-online-at-the-same-time.921729/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have three computers in my room One has a wired connection and I intermittently Wireless Connection dropping have two laptops My girlfriends and mine which run off Wireless connections The router we're Wireless Connection dropping intermittently using is a D-LINK DIR- There are many other devices in the house that use this router but most of them are wired connections I have not checked the other wireless devices for the same issue The issue I am having is that my girlfriend and I will randomly lose our wireless connection without explanation After less than a minute the connection will come back Other times the connection remains but says quot No internet access quot Windows troubleshotting doesn't turn up anything and I have tried numerous things like disconnecting one or more wireless devices to see if that improves integrity I have also updated the router to the latest firmware without success I have no problems with wired connections and I have NEVER lost internet access on wired connections either The only thing I can think of is that the router is located two stories beneath us but the signal is always over when connected and changing to a closer location has not made any difference I have also tried an external wireless adapter TRENDnet TEW- PC and the same thing is happening Because this is happening on more than one version of Windows I can't imagine that it's just a driver problem in Windows Has anyone else encountered a problem like this I should also mention that there are other wireless connections in the neighbourhood I don't know how to change the wireless channel on my device Any help is appreciated Here are our computer systems' information Desktop Wired connection PowerMac G Laptop Mine IBM Thinkpad T gb RAM Windows Ultimate bit integrated wireless Adapter Installed as quot a b g Wireless Mini PCI Adapter quot in Device Manager Laptop GF's Toshiba Satellite P Windows Vista Home Premium Integrated wireless adapter

A:Wireless Connection dropping intermittently

Quote: Originally Posted by fragment137

I have three computers in my room. One has a wired connection, and I have two laptops (My girlfriends and mine) which run off Wireless connections. The router we're using is a D-LINK DIR-655. There are many other devices in the house that use this router, but most of them are wired connections. I have not checked the other wireless devices for the same issue.

The issue I am having is that my girlfriend and I will randomly lose our wireless connection without explanation. After less than a minute, the connection will come back. Other times, the connection remains but says "No internet access". Windows troubleshotting doesn't turn up anything, and I have tried numerous things, like disconnecting one or more wireless devices to see if that improves integrity. I have also updated the router to the latest firmware, without success.

I have no problems with wired connections, and I have NEVER lost internet access on wired connections either.

The only thing I can think of is that the router is located two stories beneath us, but the signal is always over 85% when connected, and changing to a closer location has not made any difference.

I have also tried an external wireless adapter (TRENDnet TEW-421PC) and the same thing is happening.

Because this is happening on more than one version of Windows, I can't imagine that it's just a driver problem in Windows 7.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? I should also mention that there are other wireless connections in the neighbourhood. I don't know how to change the wireless channel on my device.

Any help is appreciated.

Here are our computer systems' information:

Desktop (Wired connection): PowerMac G5

Laptop (Mine):
IBM Thinkpad T40 2gb RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
integrated wireless Adapter (Installed as "11a/b/g Wireless Mini PCI Adapter" in Device Manager)

Laptop (GF's):

Toshiba Satellite P200
Windows Vista Home Premium
Integrated wireless adapter

I would assume you are using "homegroup" for your networking. Homegroup is for
win 7 machines only. since you have a mac on it you should be using a "workgroup" setup. There is a tutorial on leaving a homegroup here. Homegroup - Leave

let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60524-wireless-connection-dropping-intermittently.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, I installed Windows 7 recently and I have only been able to get on the Internet for random amounts of time due to my wireless connection dropping.

System Specs:
HP A6720f
Motherboard:M2N78-LA
RAM: 6 GB
HDD: 600 GB
Router: DLINK 655 N Router (set to mixed n and mixed g mode)
Wireless Adapter: Ralink USB Wireless Adapter b/g

Any help would be nice.

A:Wireless Connection dropping intermittently

Change to another channel on the router. If there are others close by using the same channel as you this problem can occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36267-wireless-connection-dropping-intermittently.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I can't make any sense of this and couldn't find any resources to help..... I've updated my intel pro wireless driver as part of an XP sp2 reinstall and now the laptop will not remain connected to the wireless network.... wired is no problem for the laptop but wireless keeps dropping and connecting in quick succession...repeatedly until finally it disconnects.

We have a total of 4 computers in the house 3 of which, 2 laptops (toshiba sattelite and Dell Inspiron) and a desktop, work perfectly while connected to the wireless network or wired.....

My Environment:
Panasonic Toughbook (laptop) cd-50 running XP SP2 with the latest updates (except sp3)
Intel pro/wireless 2100 3B mini pci adapter ver: 1.2.5.37
Belkin N Wireless Router with the latest firmware (3.01.29)
Modem is a Motorola using Shaw Cable for Internet

Any thoughts or direction would be most appreciated....

Thanks in advance.

Jon

A:wireless connection drops intermittently

What kind of house are you in, how far apart are the laptops in relation to the access point? Distance to and construction material used in the walls between the wifi card and access point play an important roll in how good of a signal you can get.

Have you upgraded the firmware on your Belkin?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298391/wireless-connection-drops-intermittently/
Relevancy 71.81%

I use a laptop to run Serato DJ software and a Compaq Evo D51U PC for streaming my audio on the web. The PC has no wireless card so I use a Linksys Wireless-B 2.4Ghz 802.11b Network Adapter, connected via USB.

Every now and then the wireless connection on the PC drops. This doesn't happen on the laptop, which sits right next to it, so I am wondering what the cause of this could be?

The PC spec is 1.9Ghz, 1.2GB RAM, 20GB HDD. Can anyone help? This is a problem as it is causing interrupts to my audio stream, which is for internet radio...

Each time the connection drops it is (of course) without warning, and it requires a manual reconnection.

Thanks for reading

Relevancy 71.81%

I have PCs HP desktop and Dell laptop both running Win XP Pro I m using a Linksys WRT G router The HP is using a Linksys wireless PCI modem and works like a charm The Dell has a USB WUSB GSC adapter and does not work like a charm I was using a Linksys PCMCIA wireless card but it gave me the same kinds of problems But it was older and no new drivers available to make it work better with the router so I bought the new USB adapter I searched through the threads but didn t find anything that matched my situation Once I m connected to the router things work fine But over time I see the connection strength fluctuate from Mbps to as low as Mbps The machine is about from the router but there is a long hallway that takes Wireless connection drops intermittently a couple of turns Eventually I lose connection altogether It doesn t always happen when the signal strength is low although that Wireless connection drops intermittently is the more common scenario Once the connection is lost it will not reconnect unless I reboot However in the process of rebooting I will get a error message related to a RUN Wireless connection drops intermittently DLL file Once I acknowledge the error the system hangs I have to manually power off and then power on The system reboots fine and runs well until at some point I lose the connection again Is this strictly an issue with the distance from the router or is it related to an error in some file I posted on another thread about wanting to upgrade to a stronger router which I ll probably do anyway but I wanted to find out if there is an additional problem that needs to be resolved Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I have recently installed windows 7 and am frustrated with the Wireless connection drop outs . i have run the troubleshooting wizard and it fixed the problem some times. I am attaching the diagnostic log for ur information.

I am using Planex Wireless adapter and a Buffalo Nfinity wireless n-router and connecting to Tenkayala_G access point. I have no issues what so ever with Windows xp and vista.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

I am facing an issue where the wireless connectivity drops intermittently for my Win 7 Home Basic Notebook.
Within less then a minute the connection is resumed. Earlier I thought that it was an issue with my service provider.
But then I did not face this issue with my Win XP notebook. I mean, both the notebooks are connected and then the wireless connection of Win 7 drops for a minute and then reconnects. During the period when the connection drops, I can still see my SSID, and also checked that the Win XP was connected and I could access the internet.

What could be the root cause and the possible solutions for this issue?

It is really frustrating when the connection drops when I am downloading big files and I have to start all over.

Best Regards,

Prashant

A:wireless connection getting dropped intermittently with Win 7

I would first look for updated drivers for your wireless card. If that doesn't help look for firmware updates on your router/access point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262217-wireless-connection-getting-dropped-intermittently-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have been using my wireless adapter for a couple years now but it has started to drop connection for no obvious reason about every 5-10 minutes. I believe this is a device related issue not a network problem hence my posting here.

Changes made around the time the issues began:
New Wireless headset
New Keyboard
New Wireless Adapter (Both behaving the same issue)
Moved into garage with no air conditioning and it was very humid.

I don't believe drivers are an issue
PSU may be but I don't know why it would just now start after years of use.

Any info needed feel free to ask and sorry for not providing enough if that is the case. I am at my wits end with this problem.

A:Wireless Adapter Intermittently Losing Connection.

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Could be this is a channel problem with the router. If anyone near you uses the same channel for their router it will cause dropped connections. Try using another channel on the router which may fix the problem.
You will need to go to your Router Settings ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377837-wireless-adapter-intermittently-losing-connection.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I have a wireless network set up used to have a NetGear G wireless router and now have the new Linksys N router I have different computers two desktops with the Microsoft USB G adaptor one Acer with internal Centrino and a Sony with internal centrino Wired connections work perfectly when using both routers This is the problem when wireless works it works fine computers 4 Wireless different connection on drops intermittently but connections seem to drop intermittently I switched the channels used Wireless connection drops intermittently on 4 different computers on the new Linksys around and used the new Wide MHz channel settings and wireless was fine Wireless connection drops intermittently on 4 different computers for over a day but now connections are dropping again It s not a problem of computers I dont think because the problem occurs with different computers although at slightly different time intervals the wireless connection is dropped and the router BECOMES INVISIBLE TO THE COMPUTER Solution is to reboot or reset router disabling re-enabling adaptor does not seem to work As I said I dont think it s a router prob either because I ve used two different routers already it MIGHT be interference I guess but distance does Wireless connection drops intermittently on 4 different computers no seem to be an issue even very close comps have the problem any suggestions on what channels or bands I should use to reduce interference Is any possibility of altering other advanced settings in order to boost the power Any suggestions on a new router how about the option of wireless a with its different band ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED thank you RG nbsp

A:Wireless connection drops intermittently on 4 different computers

Restarting (or stopping then starting) the windows wireless zero configuration utility does *not* make the router signal reappear on any computers...it seems that the only way to bring connections back is to reset or restart the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-drops-intermittently-on-4-different-computers.53720/
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok about ten days my internet began acting very strangely every dropping router Wireless intermittently. Solved: connection ten minutes Solved: Wireless router dropping connection intermittently. or so anything hooked up to my wireless network would be Solved: Wireless router dropping connection intermittently. disconected from the internet then a minute or two later it would be back up and running Configuration DSL connection goes from wall to a westell modem From the modem it goes directly into Solved: Wireless router dropping connection intermittently. my Belkin G plus MIMO wireless router via ethernet cord then the internet goes from my router to my one wired computer Westell modem all lights are green The ethernet light and the activity light blink every once in a while But the DSL and Internet stay solid green Belkin Router Wireless light blinks - times a second wired computer light blinks - times a second Phone light occasionally blinks - plus a second and the Internet light blinks constantly at a very high speed It is the internet light that is bothering me It seems as though the problem is within the router or possibly the ethernet cords Also the router is still emmiting wireless signall even when it stops giving out internet signal In other words during the time I get kicked off my devices can still quot see quot the router I have had this router for two to three years and eveything has always worked fine I have checked all the settings and nothing has been changed So it s not my wireless phones or an unplugged cable or my settings not matching my ISP s settings There was a bigstorm that came through and basically killed our phone lines about weeks ago all you could hear over the line was static I originally thought that may be the cause of my internet troubles but they sent out a technician who fixxed the lines While he was here he tested our DSL and said everything was working fine When I called AT amp T they told me that they believed the problem was on my end not theirs Do I just need to get a new router ethernet cords EDIT Also the computer wired directly into the router also disconects from the internet at the same time other devices are disconnected the wired computer still gets it s internet from the router however nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I m on an HP Pavilion laptop and access the internet using a Linksys wireless router Once a day the connection disconnects for about minutes or until I reboot my router Also using the same router at a friend s home a three-floor house I m able to connect Wireless connection disconnects to the router from the ground floor but it disconnects regularly My friend who s on a Dell Inspiron never gets isconnected I ve provided my HiJack this log in case there s anything apparent that can be seen Also if there are any ther problems with my og I d appreciate having them pointed out to me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft Wireless connection disconnects AVGFRE avgamsvr exe Wireless connection disconnects C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System Fast exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system ssoftsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME ERA LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot C PROGRA Stardock WINCUS BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobs O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NCLaunch C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup TabUserW exe lnk C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - ... Read more

A:Wireless connection disconnects

I do not see anything that sticks out from the HiJackThis log.

I see this problem often. There seems to be many causes for this. I know that often Linksys routers will overheat--my advice is to make sure it isn't on top of your modem or anything that might provide excess heat.

Further, I would be most interested in the wireless network card. Have you made sure you have updates for it?

Also, have you tried running something like an streaming-audio player (i.e., iTunes) on some internet radio show to see if it keeps the connection active. Another idea would (if you have a Wireless G [WRT54G] router) be to turn on the logging feature to see when the connection drops and why.

Most likely, it will be something with the network card. But, there are other settings on those Linksys routers (like Beacon Interval) that can be modified to get it to work...

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects.394392/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a desktop in the basement of my house and we use a wireless internet connection. It worked fine forever, but then one night the power went out and now it disconnects all the time. I have no idea about computers what so ever. I know we have a modem that connects to a router and then theres little thing by the computer with 2 lights on it and when the lights go out the internet shuts off, it says d-link on that thing. And the computer is a dell. But I have no clue where to begin so if someone could give me some advice in like baby computer talk that'd be greatly appriciated

Relevancy 68.37%

Whenever I attempt to download anything to my laptop i e software patches ipod updates music YouTube videos other types of videos etc my wireless connection disconnects Eventually my computer will reconnect to the internet I ve successfully downloaded those same things to my other laptop and to my ipod I m sorry that this description is not that detailed but I m not really sure what is going on TIA DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Disconnects Connection Wireless Unintentionally Run by Anthony at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center connect exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN amp Bing uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO d e b - ce- b-be b-a b e - c progra search SEARCH DLL BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll TB F BE - C B- - C-CDCB CD A - No File TB AIM Search d a b-d b- d - a - ee f c - c program files aim toolbar AIMBar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File EB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings anthony local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun PCTVOICE pctspk exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exe mRun DVDSentry c windows system DSentry exe mRun AdaptecDirectCD quot c program files roxio easy cd creator directcd DirectCD exe quot mRun DwlClient c program files common files dell eusw Support exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun Dell QuickSet c program files dell quickset Quickset exe mRun ZCfgSvc exe c windows system ZCfgSvc exe mRun PRONoMgr exe c program files intel ncs proset PRONoMgr exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun MSKDetectorExe c program files mcafee spamkiller MSKDetct exe uninstall mRun InstaLAN quot c program files belkin router setup and monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startup mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelp... Read more

A:Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423393/wireless-connection-disconnects-unintentionally/
Relevancy 68.37%

This may be the same issue as "Unable to browse websites, but can still ping." My laptop is new (Vaio - Windows Vista Home Premium) with nothing extra installed on it yet. If I connect to our linksys wirelessly I can then browse for a while, but ultimatly web pages will stop loading (or refreshing). "A while" can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours. When the "lockup" occurs the diagnostics cant find anything particularly wrong. Everything looks normal in the "Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center." If I wait in this state long enough the router <-> internet link eventually "breaks." Either way (wait or not) if I disconnect and reconnect to the network I am up and running again ... for 10 minutes to 3 hours. Reconnecting once per evening is a minor irritation. Every 10 minutes is unusable.

Any thoughs

A:wireless connection (sort of) disconnects

This might be out on a limb here....need to know a little more about your network configuration. My initial suggestion would be to connect your pc with a cable to the router and perform windows updates. Originally I've found network related issues with Vista and after a few updates the problems were resolved.
And I'm sorry...I don't run a vista machine...I've worked on plenty...but I couldn't tell you from the top of my head where the windows update feature is located...maybe start icon...all programs still...
But try the updates and repost with your network configuration...it would be helpful...
Numer of PC's
Internet Provider
Router Model

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-sort-of-disconnects.842755/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Since i have my computer years i had a problem with shared directories we have more computers at home that are working on a WLAN and only i have a problem with accessing directories connection suddenly Wireless disconnects I called up one of my friends who was told to be a Wireless connection suddenly disconnects network technician but after he tried to do something he couldn t help and the problem remained as it was but after he left the connection keeps randomaly disconnect and it is very annoying I asked him to redo his actions but he said that he doesn t remember what he did so i am asking here for help The sharing is the minor problem the disconnection is the main problem which i would Wireless connection suddenly disconnects like to solve first I have WIN XP and i use a com router I have to say that before he tried to fix my problem i had always a RaLink Wireless icon at the bottom right corner system tray and after he did whatever he did it is not there anymore Please help i am here to answer any question that you need to help me Thank you Eyal nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I've just successful LAN RDP Wireless connection after disconnects seen a few threads about similar problems but nothing precisely the same and nothing I've found solves my issue I've got a laptop Toshiba Satellite running Windows Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection Professional -bit I'm trying to connect to the laptop from another machine via RDP but the connection dies every time This is what happens I log into the laptop which then connects to the wireless network I initiate the RDP connection from the other machine The connection is successfully made I see the quot Welcome quot window then the Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection RDP screen goes black At the same time just as the screen goes back on the RDP client the screen on my laptop locks goes back to the login screen and the network monitor icon quot Toshiba Wireless LAN Indicator quot shows that the wireless connection is down - no network connection available After a few seconds to I get a message on the client that the connection couldn't be made From this I'm gathering that my firewall is set up to allow incoming connections properly I also verified this manually and I can see that the initial connection is being made My best guess is that the wireless connection is being killed when the RDP session is started Is there a way to prevent the network connection from being reset or whatever's happening when connecting via RDP I've noticed that my laptop doesn't connect to wifi until after I've logged in Is this the likely culprit If so is there a way to change this so the computer will connect to the wireless network before I've actually logged in For what it's worth I get the same behavior regardless of the client machine being used Win Enterprise Win Home Premium Linux etc Any help would be greatly appreciated -Peter

A:Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection

Murphy's Law is alive and well. Not even an hour after posting this thread I found the answer myself. The issue was that my network connection was set to be available to myself only. Apparently this is the default setting, so I deleted and manually recreated the network connection so it's now available to all users and my RDP connection is just fine!

To give credit where credit is due, here's where I found the answer:

Wireless before Login

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251201-wireless-lan-disconnects-just-after-successful-rdp-connection.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have Vista home premium on my desktop PC and connect to a D-Link DSL-G604T modem router using a Linksys wireless-g PCI adapter. Some of the time, the PC will connect to the network but if it does, it usually drops out after 5 minutes and then I can't connect again. I get many different error messages each time:

Your modem or router is not available
Cannot communicate with DNS server (10.1.1.1)
There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer
Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem
Connection Interupted
There has been an IP address conflict

My laptop can connect to to the modem fine and doesn't drop out when connected and there connection strength is very good from my desktop when it is connected.

Thanks in advance,
Kieren

A:Wireless connection on desktop PC always disconnects

Hello kieren1992,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I would suggest you re-install the driver for your wireless adapter.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/277902-wireless-connection-desktop-pc-always-disconnects.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Dell Latitude D running on Windows XP I generally use Intel ProSet Wirless but I have also tried to use the basic internet management which Windows provides and it doesn t seem to be doing any good My internet repeatedly disconnects and reconnects Having divorced parents I switch between houses Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects on a regular basis and the problem is exactly the same at both houses If I move my computer it s a laptop a foot or so out of place it usually reconnects but occasionally that is not the case In one house I use my computer directly below where the linksys box is located in the other it s just across the hall Regardless of where in the house I am located though even right next to the linksys box the internet continues to disconnect It will occasionally disconnect for twenty or thirty minutes at a time either being unable to connect to the network for more than few seconds or simply not quot seeing quot the network Other computers in the house work totally fine be they desktop or laptop and I am entirely at a loss for what to do I have tired restarting my computer multiple times this problem has been going on for Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects about two weeks and I ve tired disconnecting both the linksys and the Comcast boxes If anyone has input it d be great I m getting terribly fed up nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Not sure if I m in the right place because I m not sure if it is a Windows problem or a hardware problem Ok so I m running Windows x and I just reformatted and reinstalled a couple weeks ago I did this because I was messing around with Linux and removed the partition in Drops Internet Connection Intermittently the wrong drive sigh Internet Connection Drops Intermittently So anyway Windows was running rock solid prior to this no problems whatsoever with anything So after I reinstall Windows I notice my Internet connection drops once in a while Internet Connection Drops Intermittently Some days it doesn t do it at all while others Internet Connection Drops Intermittently it drops multiple times It s all up to date too There are two things different in this install though The first is I updated my BIOS I did this because I suddenly couldn t access the BIOS or even use F on boot up The second thing is after you install Windows wants to update my Atheros I believe it s called adapter I didn t do this with the first install because it was working fine Ok so there are the two differences Do you guys think it s the adapter driver or the BIOS update Thanks in advance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU GHz GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P B-E Rev xx MB- Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Internet Connection Drops Intermittently

I'd try two things: (1) Reinstall drivers (using a registry cleaner to make sure invalid entries don't hang around). Then, if the problem persists, (2) go ahead and run Ubuntu for a day and see if you can eliminate the OS as the cause

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-intermittently.1017174/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I was having a gentleman helping me with this issue outside of bleeping computer. He unfortunately got into a very bad accident and is in the hospital. He instructed me to run combofix so here are my hijackthis log as well as the combofix log. Thanks

A:Internet Connection intermittently slow

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574741/internet-connection-intermittently-slow/
Relevancy 67.94%

I saw reconnect Wireless IP. network get won't connection and disconnects, this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t wireless-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-addressforever First I Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP. want to say that I don't think there was ever a malware problem on this machine a Lenovo R It worked ok for a long time but a year or so ago it started disconnecting from the wireless network It would say connected and acquiring network address but it never completed I did a network tcp ip reset on it that didn't change anything I got another identical wifi bluetooth card and changed it no difference A few days ago it was working then stopped with the acquiring network address and as a test I gave it a static IP on the local network and it connected It worked until I shut down Today I booted up same static IP configured and it worked OK for about an hour Then it stopped working and said acquiring network address even though it had a static number configured I checked Very odd So something is amiss here More than meets the eye I started reading threads including the one I referenced above I compared some of the regedits that were recommended then but nothing really stood out I did notice that even though the Remote Procedure Call RPC Service is marked as started and automatic the start stop buttons are grayed I could not determine for sure that it's running or not but I admit I don't know that it needs to be running Admittedly this is an odd one It could be a hardware problem on the motherboard but I can't find any evidence of that Any ideas

A:Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569816/wireless-network-connection-disconnects-wont-reconnect-and-get-ip/
Relevancy 67.94%

Setup Laptop is a Dell Inspiron couple of after a connection Wireless disconnects seconds E from the router is a Linksys WRT N and the modem is a Motorola SB SURFboard Problem I moved into a new place and I cannot connect to their wireless system Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds After calling the internet provider and router Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds company I can now connect via LAN just fine and to the wireless connection for only a couple seconds before it kicks me off and it does not reconnect Everyone else can connect so there is nothing wrong with the modem or router Note a There is a cordless phone and I have no idea what channel it is on b I have AVG s free virus scanner and malwarebytes c I can connect to other wifi hotspot d I am sitting underneath the router with full signal strength e WPA f I do not have the username and password for the router I have done the following to no avail Turned off the modem and router for a couple of minutes Disable the firewall ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Manually typed in the IP DNS Turned the IP DNS back to auto Removed the network from the preferred list and added it in again Here is all the info you may need LAN Connected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday August AM Lease Expires Saturday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Wireless disconnected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Ping Tests connected with LAN Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Thanks Please let me know if you need more info nbsp

A:Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds

Does the router belong to you or to the place you moved into? It mite be some form of mac filtering on the router itself, which prevents devices from connecting to the router without permission

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects-after-a-couple-of-seconds.1063610/
Relevancy 67.51%

Here is my scenario I have a Linksys E router connected to a Westell modem from AT amp T my ISP The router will just intermittently lose internet connection for a few minutes up to a half hour the come back This happens to wired and wireless devices If I plug straight into the modem the connection is rock solid with no drops I have done the Intermittently Connection Loses Internet Router following to try to alleviate the issue Moved the router to a different location away from any other electronics to rule out electronic interference or Router Intermittently Loses Internet Connection over heating Changed out the ethernet cable between the router and modem Upgraded the firmware on the router even though the latest firmware was already installed I reinstalled it Factory reset the router and reconfigured it Changed the local LAN to different subnets Changed the DNS settings to Google DNS my ISP DNS etc I m at a loss any help would be appreciated EDITED TO ADD I also had a Netgear router that did the same thing when I switched them out nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I use a wireless connection and the problematic laptop at hand is month intermittently goes connection awry laptop on Internet old Sony Vaio FW I m using Windows Vista -bit At least once a day I Internet connection goes intermittently awry on laptop am unable Internet connection goes intermittently awry on laptop to access the internet through any of my browsers firefox ie google chrome During this time I am unable to access my router opens to a blank red page that only says quot bad request quot Yet at the same time I m still able to ping log onto an MMORPG although that also disconnects after a while and stay on Windows Live Messenger I never had this problem with my old laptop which was a Toshiba Satellite A Vista -bit nor are any other computers in the network experiencing any troubles I m positive that I don t have any viruses malware spyware etc after running Avira Windows Bit Defender and AVG scans Also I never have this problem when leeching on my neighbor s internet It s only my home network internet Sometimes when I try the quot diagnose and repair quot option and sometimes I m lucky enough for it to come up with the option of quot reset the network adapter quot which always seems to fix the problem However most of the time it just tells me that quot Windows did not find any problems with your internet connection quot Please help nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

for details of intermittently connection. is an but still browsers there failing internet this problem please browsers intermittently failing but there is still an internet connection. see my original post here at http www bleepingcomputer com forums t ff-ie-intermittently-refuse-to-access-internet please read it carefully thanks I didn't give system specs there - windows XP home SP right up to date mhz CPU g and g HD's plus g external drive with g windows partition on it Zone alarm Pro firewall avg free antivirus I use BOOTIT NG a dual boot partition manager and imaging program I posted this problem at Protonic and have had no answers there my original post here was closed because I was considering using combofix so left on my own here is what I have done bootit ng does a bootable image on a weekly basis so I decided I would go back a bit to when I knew the problem was in its first stage -browsers would quit but closing and restarting them resolved the problem the image is usually copied to my g partition on my external HD so I copied my image for jan to my second HD and booted from it now the browsers work and everything is fine after using the system for a while with no problems AVG update comes up and says it needs the system rebooted this doesn't normally happen with AVG so there must be some significant program change immediately upon reboot the browser problem occurred so I replaced the jan system with the jan bootable image uninstalled avg and now the system has been running perfectly since that time feb or the browser problem has occurred ONCE and restarting it corrected the problem so now how do I find whatever is on my 'production' system that isn't on my jan system that prevents the browsers and email from working although there is still internect connectivity googling I read that installing KB killed internet access so I uninstalled it no change so also uninstalled the related KB jproblem still happens - browsers will not work and re-booting the system has no effect I used Windows search to discover everything that had changed in the past week - hidden files and all examined all that data and could see nothing suspicious SO - I made an image of my production system so I can get back to it no matter what I do to it now I ran combofix when it finished - I followed directions carefully - the problem still existed so I copied the combofix log to my E drive on the external hd booted my 'temporary' jan system and began to check the items listed in the log using google to discover what each file was used for I could find nothing suspicious so now I still don't know what makes one system OK and the other no good for internet access it does everything else normally so if I can get permission to upload the combofix file and have someone examine it to tell me if there is something there I couldn't see then we can confirm whether there IS a virus or not if there is no virus I would plan to copy the jan system to replace the production system and then copy the feb DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS from that night's backup which would make the system basically current this will still leave the original problem of browsers stalling which I would hope to get some help for also hopefully Vern de Guerre

A:browsers intermittently failing but there is still an internet connection.

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time the browser stops connecting to the internet.To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.Check in all the categories.If you find an error that occurred at the time the browser stops connecting to the internet right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.How To Use the Event Viewer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207838/browsers-intermittently-failing-but-there-is-still-an-internet-connection/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I am using Linksys WRT GL Internet on wireless intermittently working stops v firmware version GHz router with my Delll Inspiron Internet stops working intermittently on wireless laptop running on Internet stops working intermittently on wireless Windows OS I am using Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card driver version I can connect on wireless and browse internet for few min after which internet stops working It doesn't gets disconnected from router but no web page opens After - seconds internet starts working on its own The dns ip is Following is the ping output during that time Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes Internet stops working intermittently on wireless time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out I tried all the options given in other forums firmware upgrade driver reinstallation homegroup disabling static ip options disabling uPnP on router disabling other network adapters registry edit for DhcpConnBroadcastToggle changing power option for wireless hard reset to router etc but none of them helped I tried using wired connection also but same thing is happening I have another HP laptop with Windows XP and that is running fine with no issues on wireless Even while writing this post internet stopped working Can anyone please help me how to resolve this issue By the way there is no cordless phone nearby working at GHz frequency

A:Internet stops working intermittently on wireless

Hi,

I guess I have found the solution. Please check the following to see if it resolves your issue (worked in my case) :

1) Login to the linksys router WRT54GL (type 192.168.1.1 in IE and use admin/admin to log in.)
2) Go to Wireless tab. Note the Wireless Network Mode. Normally it is set as "MIXED"
3) On your laptop, click on wiress icon in taskbar, go to Open Network And Sharing Center>> Change adapter settings>>right click on wireless adapter >> properties >> Configure >> Advanced tab. Scroll down to select "IBSS Mode" and check the Value on right side. It should be same same as that of router (I set to 802.11b/g auto from drop down list). Click Ok to save the settings.
4) Restart your wireless and it should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122911-internet-stops-working-intermittently-wireless.html
Relevancy 66.65%

In a nutshell my Windows Ultimate bit PC intermittently drops it's internet connection Why Background My PC is Windows connection. internet/lan drops 7 wired intermittently wired to my ADSL modem router which is directly connected to the phone line I also have wireless connectivity turned on within the router for a laptop to connect wirelessly Every few hours or so when using my PC I find I cannot access the internet and pages will not load Eventually Windows will update the network icon in the task-tray to show the exclamation mark symbol on the network icon Opening up the Network And Sharing Centre will show the red cross between the quot Multiple Networks quot and quot The Internet quot I'm running Sun's VirtualBox on this machine and that creates a Network connection for itself This doesn't seem to affect the intermittent dropping i e the intermittent drops occur whether the VirtualBox connection is in use or not and indeed I have VirtualBox installed on two other machines one Windows XP and the other Vista Home Premium bit and these operate with no issues When the connection does drop I cannot access any internet pages nor can I access the router's web admin page at http so I'm assuming I've lost all local LAN access too It's definitely not the router Windows 7 intermittently drops wired internet/lan connection. or the internet connection itself as my laptop using the wireless connection and running Vista Home Premium continues to be able to access the internet and the router's web admin pages just fine Every time this happens I can immediately restore all internet and LAN access by opening Network Adapter page disabling the quot Local Area Connection quot and then re-enabling it Give it a few seconds and everything is fine again I assume this is because beneath the GUI it's effectively doing an quot ipconfig release quot then quot ipconfig renew quot The IP assignment for the Windows machine is the same both before and after the quot drop quot I have a DHCP server on the router issuing IP Addresses however my Windows machine uses a static address nbsp I've also tried it with a dynamic IP Address served up from the ADSL router and there's no difference There are also no specific clues within the various System Event Logs other than an event that relates to the connection dropping which is a quot DNS Client Event quot and this is generated after the connection has dropped and is an event detailing that DNS information can't be found for whatever website I may be trying to access just after the connection has dropped The network adapter chipset is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and I have confirmed that this is the correct chipset for the motherboard Asus M A TD PRO and in fact Windows Update installed an updated driver for this on Jan The details of the update say that it's a Realtek software update from December Incidentally I was still having the same intermittent problems prior to this update It seems to have made no difference at all Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it nbsp I've searched for answers to this and seen quite a few other people even on MSDN Technet forums experiencing the same or almost the same problem but with no clear resolution Suggestions of turning off IPv on the LAN adapter and ensuring there's no power management quot sleeping quot the network adapter have been tried but do not cure the problem There does not seem to be any particular sequence of events that cause it to happen either I've had it go twice in minutes when just randomly browsing the web with no other traffic and I've also had it go once then not go again for - hours with the same sort of usage Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to make it stop

A:Windows 7 intermittently drops wired internet/lan connection.

Hi,

If the issue persists, please also try the following:

1.    Update your motherboard (chipset) driver.

2.    Bypass the router and connect directly to the modem and see how it works.

3.    Disable Saving Power function of the wireless NIC:
=============================
1)    Click Start, right click on Computer and choose Properties.
2)    Click Device Manager.
3)    Navigate to the NIC, right click on it and choose Properties.
4)    Go to Power Management tab.
5)    Please uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
6)    Restart the computer and check if it works.

Hope this helps. Thanks. Nicholas Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bb6a36a-9396-49df-ab29-60b19267dc08/windows-7-intermittently-drops-wired-internetlan-connection?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.65%

This computer repeatedly loses internet Suspect internet Virus - losing Intermittently connection connection The internet connection icon will sometime show local only - no internet and then will lose connection with the wireless router completely After a bit it will auto connect again Also intermittently it will take a very long time to load web pages I have checked the upload and download speed with Intermittently losing internet connection - Suspect Virus speedtest and everything looks normal I dont know if it is related but I also am getting a windows security alert that I dont have anti virus and anti spyware enabled but the AVAST dashboard shows that avast is fully functional I am concerned that I might have malware affecting all of this DS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Rim at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Outdated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Disabled Outdated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFProcSRVC exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files x Fitbit Connect FitbitConnectService exe C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe C Windows system lxblcoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted c Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station TMachInfo exe C Program Files x Toshiba TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files x Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SMARTLogService TosIPCSrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmartFaceV SmartFaceVWatchSrv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RAVCpl exe C Users Rim AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Fitbit Connect Fitbit Connect exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Pr... Read more

A:Intermittently losing internet connection - Suspect Virus

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561740 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561740/intermittently-losing-internet-connection-suspect-virus/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have my PC and PS3 wired to a netgear router and a laptop connected wirelessly.

The laptop for some reason loses it's connection randomly and loses it's connection in 2 minute to 20 minute intervals. I sometimes have to manually reconnect to my router by searching for it and reconnecting in the Network and Sharing Center.

No idea why it's started happening now, I reset the router to factory settings recently because of the same problem a couple of days ago and it's still happening. The PC and PS3 work fine, just the wireless keeps dropping. Using Vista and I don't think it's the laptop as it can constantly see my neighbours connections, only my router is occasionally disappearing.

Any help is much appreciated.

A:Solved: Wireless connection randomly disconnects 2-20 minute intervals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-randomly-disconnects-2-20-minute-intervals.819203/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've installed 8.1 on a PC from the store and then one of my three internal drives, my data drive, would intermittently connect/disconnect. I was not able to find a solution so I recovered my Win 8.0 installation from a backup and now everything works well again. I'll try to reinstall Win 8.1 in a few weeks - suspect it's a bug that Microsoft will eventually squash. I also Installed 8.1 on two laptops from the store with no problems - however they do not have additional internal drives.

A:Internal Drive intermittently disconnects

Hi Mataek,

It may very well be a bug but I'm left wondering why it only affects one of your three drives? And since this is the first time I've personally run across this issue with an internal drive, I'm still left wonder if it could have something to do with that specific drive (or possibly a configuration issue that has an 8.1 bug). So, is there anything different about it? You might want to share the make/model number of the HD in question as well. And maybe throw in a screenshot of disk management too.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34140-internal-drive-intermittently-disconnects.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I am having a problem that when I connect to a VPN for work it disconnects my internet connection and I need to reboot the machine to the internet back again. I have tired to create a new VPN but the same thing happens, anyone out there that can help

A:VPN disconnects internet connection

You should probably contact helpdesk at work and get them to check your settings first. VPN connections are relatively complex, especially if you're using a non-default VPN client (something not built into Vista by default).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220214-vpn-disconnects-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a X Tablet with the nbsp intermittently Ericsson a... F5521gw WWAN disconnects Ericsson F gw WWAN option It seems to connect just fine however after mins - hrs it always disconnects from the mobile network A red cross appears in Access Connections and the Windows network icon shows that Ericsson F5521gw WWAN disconnects intermittently a... it is connected but there is no internet access It is impossible to reconnect using either Access Connections or the Windows tool If Ericsson F5521gw WWAN disconnects intermittently a... I try it Ericsson F5521gw WWAN disconnects intermittently a... gives me an error about not being able to find the network If I try Fn F I sometimes can turn the WWAN off but not back on and sometimes I cannot even turn it off None of this helps me reconnect The only way to be able to reconnect is to shutdown turn back on restart sleep wake nbsp One interesting thing I've noticed is that the mobile network makes a difference Using the network which I'm on a contract for it disconnects after mins - hrs However if I swap the SIM card to a Telstra network prepay card it can hold the connection much more reliably I've only noticed that it dropped the connection once after about hrs On subsequent testing leaving the computer on overnight etc it seems to stay connected to Telstra nbsp I've tried the following trouble shooting steps without any success - I verified the correct orientation of the SIM card on these forums- I've uninstalled access connections used earlier versions of the Ericsson driver- I've reimaged the computer using the Lenovo factory install DVDs- I've asked for a new SIM card to transfer my account to in case the SIM card was damaged with the same result nbsp Nothing's worked so far I miss my old USB stick modem which almost never disconnects and even if it does simply clicking connect does the trick nbsp Any ideas out there Solved Go to Solution

A:Ericsson F5521gw WWAN disconnects intermittently a...

hey bob12345,have you tried uninstalling the Ericsson driver and letting windows install its own generic drivers? and have you updated the bios for your unit yet ?since you did mention Telstra worked a tad better than 3's network, i'm a bit curious on how Optus / Virgin will work for you.also, if you use your "3" simcard on a different laptop; does it maintain its connection ?

WW Social MediaImportant Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Ericsson-F5521gw-WWAN-disconnects-intermittently-and-cannot/td-p/565597
Relevancy 65.36%

All was working fine until i accidently let drive booster update my drivers. It update a whole host of drivers including the Intel Centrino 2200 wireless card driver. Ive tried installing differente version, uninstalling and rollling back, but nothing seems to be working. What is the best driver for this machine and wifi card? Also has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Thanks all in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Wifi-disconnects-intermittently-on-T430-running-windows-10/td-p/3438350
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I put Windows Pro bit on my computer about weeks ago and I'm using a Belkin wireless USB adaptor to connect to the Internet I am connecting via Windows and NOT a rd party utility Some days the wireless connection is solid but the majority of the time the wireless Internet Wireless Disconnects drops and I have to reconnect it to the network This can happen once or several times during the day and it's pretty annoying especially when playing games The router is in the next room and the signal strength is full When using this adaptor on XP Pro with the Belkin utility I never had any wireless drops and the connection was solid all the time I've tried -Updating the USB adaptor drivers but they're already up to date -Setting the WLAN AutoConfig startup type to Manual and starting the service myself but the disconnects still happen -Switching power management off on the adaptor disconnects still happen Just wondering if there are any other suggestions in order to stop the wireless disconnecting Can't really run a cable but I am considering formatting back to XP which I don't really want to do Thanks

A:Wireless Internet Disconnects

You might want to go into your router settings and change to a different wifi channel. Windows 7 seems to be more sensitive to channel cross over problems than XP was.

You can also use this Wi-Fi scanner to look for unused channels in your area.
inSSIDer Wi-Fi Scanner | MetaGeek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96006-wireless-internet-disconnects.html
Relevancy 65.36%

PC, DSL broadband connection disconnects only when I shut down the pc. I have to go to Network & Sharing, change adapter settings with each start up. And yes, there is a little circle with a green check mark in it. WAN Minipost (PPOE)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-shut-down.1002639/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I am having a big problem with my internet connection. I connect to the internet through a VPN connection to my university. However, each time I see a video on youtube (or elsewhere), listen streamed music or even talk using Skype, my internet connection disconnects immediately.

I have had this problem with Windows Vista, and now that I have installed Windows 7 the problem is still the same.

So for every kind of streaming my internet connection (through VPN) almost immediately disconnects.

Any hints about this ?

Thanks

A:Internet Connection disconnects when streaming (VPN)

did you contact your university help desk? Its possible they have it set to only allow certain types of traffic to pass. Another thing is dropped packets. If you drop too many packet its possible the vpn will drop and since streaming might be using potentially large amounts of bandwidth...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-streaming-vpn.916340/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that's about 6 years old and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet connection will randomly disconnect. It almost always can be brought back by unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable in the back of my computer, or by unplugging it from the wall and reconnecting it. (Since my computer is on the second floor and the router and the modem are on the 1st floor, we run the cable from the router through the wall and to the 2nd floor). It also can be resolved by resetting the modem and router.

Anyway, I have had this problem a few times before, but they seemed to just go away, but it has resurfaced once again. Does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 65.36%

Basically I've been having some issues with my internet connection, which strangely seem to occur when I'm viewing YouTube videos.

Each time I watch a video it works fine for a few minutes, then suddenly my internet connection drops. The status on my laptop still says "Connected" but I'm unable to load any pages, on any browser. The only way I'm able to get my internet connection back is to restart the computer.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2999 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228472 MB, Free - 148529 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JV50_MV
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:YouTube disconnects my Internet Connection

Run ths dns benchmark tool.
https://namebench.googlecode.com/files/namebench-1.3.1-Windows.exe

Untick ipv6
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728869

Remove tunnel adapters from your machine.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728872

Remove AVG
http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Install Avast.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Disable un needed start up items then reboot.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/startuplite/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-disconnects-my-internet-connection.1099259/
Relevancy 65.36%

The last few weeks, if I am reading an article on yahoo that takes longer than two minutes, or click to read e-mail, then try to click back to Yahoo, or any of my favorites, the computer takes no action after it says "connecting to whatever" and locks up. Trying to go elsewhere, nothing will appear on the page but the "connecting to" at the bottom. Usually a restart is the only thing that will get it functioning again.Before this started, I made the mistake of trying IE 8. It slowed the computer to a crawl, so I removed it using Revo, and reinstalled the previous one, which seems to work except for this disconnect.
Windows home premium
Gateway gt 5438 computer
Intel Core Duo process E4300
Memory Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Nosmiley

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233567/internet-connection-locks-up-or-disconnects/
Relevancy 65.36%

This only started about 2 weeks ago- my internet connection used to be very fast. It is wireless and shares with 2 other computers. I noticed this when it started taking about 5 minutes for me to connect to Starcraft 2 and then when the internet would have to reconnect to my network. What could all of a sudden cause my internet to be so slow?

Relevancy 64.93%

Wife has small Acer laptop running 8.1 and running wirelessly. It keeps on losing internet connection although shows full wi-fi signal. Icon shows asterisk and network connection shows 'limited'. Acer suggested complete reset which has been done several
times and then have installed new motherboard but it still has the problem. Have checked for and installed network adapter driver (Realtek) updates but problem still persists. It works ok for about 1 or 2 weeks after a reset but then it all happens again.
TalkTalk changed the router to eliminate that.  My desktop runs without any problems wired or wirelessly as do two other laptops (all now updated to Windows 10) and two Android phones. Dare not update Acer to Win 10 until I know it is not Acer problem
as guarantee about to run out. Spent 6 months trying to sort it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/58efe2ff-dc0f-442a-80f2-e061dd9eef5d/acer-aspire-switch-10-running-windows-81-loses-internet-connection-intermittently?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 64.5%

Basically,

I launch a game (HoN, Dungeon Defenders, Team Fortress 2, CSS, LoL, Whatever.) and my internet sputters out, disconnects and my wireless cannot 'discover' any networks.

I have tried:
Speedtest.net (Check connection)​Pingtest.net (Check Packet Loss and Jitter)​ping google.com -t (Nothing but normal, for an hour)​Reinstall/Update video drivers​Switching Wireless card to new PCI-E slot​Resetting router​Switching off router for 25 mins​Disabling IPv6​and; Removing my wireless network and making a new profile​
I am at my wit's end and ready to give up all together, everywhere I went I found dead end threads, nobody replied and/or nobody could solve the problem.

ANY help is appreciated and if you solve my problem you WILL be my saviour.
I can and will provide every bit of information you need, so long as it relates to my problem and is useful in helping fix it.

Regards,
Arrisar

Relevancy 64.5%

After solving my Limited or no connection problem ,ive run into a hole diffrent problem one that drops my internet every few seconds even though my linsky adapter tells me that i have exelent connection. My maine computer(the one thats connected to the belken rouder) works perectly fine.

Do i have to configure my linsky adapter to solve this problem? If so ,then how?
Ive uninstalled my firewall to fix a previouse problem ,could that be the reason?
My adapter is a Linsky G wireless USB adapter model number:WUSB54GC
and im running windows xp on both PCs
someone plz help me out!

Relevancy 64.5%

hey, i am using a toshiba laptop, the important specs below, i guess, and the problem i am having is the internet connection randomly gives out. It actually seems to hold out longer, the more I am continuously going through internet pages or using it in some way, and if I don't do anything, it'll disconnect within a few minutes. It won't disconnect from the network, just the internet. To reconnect I have to either turn the Wi-fi off, then back on or disconnect and reconnect from the computer.

The weird part is that is this problem does not occur when i connect to other wireless network, only at home. Also, the four other computers that use the same internet do not experience this problem either. The router that I use is a Westell 327W.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys,

I've been having a heck of a time with my internet. One moment it's working fine, the next second it wont load anything and my netflix (running off PS3) wont load the show I'm watch etc. It stays like that for a few minutes and then starts working again.

The whole time the modem says its connected and my computer says it has internet connection.

Much appreciative for any and all help!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/128032-internet-connection-issues-spontanious-disconnects.html
Relevancy 64.5%

The problem Randomly or Connection Internet Resets Disconnects is that my internet connection either randomly loses connection for about - seconds until it gets back online Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets or disconnects all together When it disconnects and it can t get back online on it s own I have to pull the power plug and plug it back in My sister in law Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets and I are sharing internet since our houses are about feet between each other We are using one modem and two routers All we did was just plug the second router to the first router and it worked We didn t configure anything in the router control panels we basically just plugged and play Since it s been kicking us off or resetting on us I feel it might be something that we had to configure in the two routers But I don t know what to configure So if anyone knows a fix for this please help Here is our setup Primary House amp Modem amp Belkin Router we are wired and wireless amp ft cable LAN d on Belkin WAN d on Linksys amp Linksys Router sister in law is wired and wireless amp Secondary House nbsp

A:Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets

My sister in law and I are sharing internet since our houses are about 100 feet between each other.Click to expand...

if you look at your T&Cs you will find you are most likely NOT allowed to do this - most ISP have terms which state that you can only use the service in ONE premise

unless you can show us that the ISP will allow this, we cannot help you here , and I will close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-randomly-disconnects-or-resets.995304/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have a Belkin G MIMO Router F D - connected to a Linksys AM Was suppose to Connection Solved: Frequently Internet Disconnects buy a Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects G MIMO with built in modem My ISP is TalkTalk Broadband Meg The router connects PCs on network Basically everyone loses connection frequently and they are starting to get annoyed All the PCs do not uses Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects static IP addresses Im not very good at Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects setting up routers and modems correctly and would like some help These are the reasosn I believe im gettign disconnected frequently Power Supply - Original power supply will not work worked once then all lights went off Using a Multi-Volt adaptor on the Belkin router output reads V A The multi-volt adaptor is selected at V which is the minimum and says this is A max is this incorrect and can it cause the dilemma im having All the lights are on and blink stay solid as they should Mixed Cards - Although the router is MIMO computer has a G card computers have a G card and the other computer uses an ethernet cable The ethernet card is built in and is Mbps Am thinking of upgrading so all are G and the same cards Have been told its bad to mix cards Bad Setup - I currently have the router set at PPPoE and same with the modem However I have other setups and am not sure I have the correct one Isn t bridge mode what I need The router s setups are Dynamic Static PPPoE PPTP and Telstra BigPond The modem s setups are PPPoE PPPoE Bridged Mode Half Bridge Not sure which one to use and how to configure correctly Modulation Type - I have been told the higher the speed the lower the stabilty I currently have the speed set at the highest so im not sure if this is the reason The types are ITU G G DMT ITU G G Lite ITU G G DMT bis ITU G ADSL my current one Static IPs - Are static IPs more stable and overall better or no difference All my IPs are automatically and sometimes i recieve the error IP conflict on the ethernet PC These are my thoughts on what the problem could be Any help is much appreicated Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects

1. Personally I wouldn't operate any electronic device, certainly not a new one, without the proper power supply. Surely there is a long enough warranty to get that power supply replaced.

2. Try just using standard 802.11g until you get the problems ironed out. Then you can introduce MIMO and see if it improves or hurts.

3. If the AM200 modem/router is operating as a modem and router then the Belkin should be connecting with a dynamic connection. If the AM200 is bridged or whatever the term is to say that it is acting as a modem only then the Belkin router's connection must be whatever your ISP requires.

4. Don't know.

5. No difference, except that dynamic (automatic) are far more convenient.

Beyond the first 3 items you've identified (which you should take care of first), sometimes a router firmware upgrade and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure will help disconnect problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-frequently-disconnects.732590/
Relevancy 63.64%

Window XP Linksys router model WRT GS Security type WEP Connection wireless I already looked into the thread quot Interent Only Working for Minutes quot but that doesn t explain much for me minutes 5 Internet Wireless restarts/disconnects every The internet works fine on my desktop computer Security also works fine but is not the problem The problem is my wireless internet on my laptop disconnects or restarts every minutes I use quot Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings quot to connect wirelessly But for some Wireless Internet restarts/disconnects every 5 minutes reason after I get connected on the internet I quickly disable quot Use Windows to configure quot and VOILA I stay connected for as long as nothing disconnects me At this point I m confuse and would like an explanation why this is happening Is windows turning off and on devices that I don t know about What can I do so that I don t have to continuously disable and enable the quot Use Windows to configure quot option to stay connect Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Internet restarts/disconnects every 5 minutes

Are you SURE that a 3rd party wireless client isn't running? That's the classic symptom of two wireless clients fighting it out for control of the wireless connection.

Try booting in safe mode with networking and see if the disconnections still occur.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-restarts-disconnects-every-5-minutes.643076/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 63.64%

I've been having a problem for a while where my Wireless will randomly cut out then connect again to the network I have set up for my home. The router is in the computer room and from my room I get anywhere from an "Excellent" to "Very good" signal strength, which doesn't explain its random disconnecting. Any reasons why/ways to correct this?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I've looked through all the Windows options and used Google several times but I can't find a solution to this problem I bought a new is laptop disconnects internet Wireless when closed lid Sony Vaio VPCF M E all drivers are up-to-date and the options are correct I have the lid close action on quot do nothing quot and the box in the device manager - gt wireless lan driver unchecked so it's NOT allowed to turn off the device to save power Still whenever I close the lid on my laptop the wireless internet connection disconnects The actual wireless lan connections are still there when I open the lid my laptop is just not connected to the internet Also this seems to happen just whenever my laptop feels like it Sometimes the internet will be disconnected after minutes sometimes after hours I also left Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed an application running over night that constantly uses Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed the network connection to see if it disconnects while idling but when I woke up in the morning the wlan was disconnected as usual It's not my router it doesn't turn off the internet after X idle time and the network works fine when I leave my laptop open The problem I have with leaving my laptop open all the time is my cat Cat hair is a killer for poor computers I had an MSI laptop before I didn't have this problem My boyfriend also has a Medion that doesn't have this problem The th laptop in the house an Acer Aspire G has the same problem however Both laptops have Windows Professional bit installed as did the MSI laptop before where everything worked fine If you need any more information please let me know Please also note that this problem occurs on every internet connection - I have been in different networks so far always the same problem Also I had the same problem with a LAN cable so lan connection as well Thanks for your time

A:Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed

No suggestions? :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113139-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Help! I've tried EVERYTHING. I have an Acer Aspire laptop, which is connected to a D-Link DIR-628 router via a D-Link DWA-160 adapter. It worked wonderfully for about 6 months until Sunday, where it suddenly disconnected and wouldn't connect. Over the next few days I have been trying everything, and all I can get it to do is connect and then disconnect intermittantly. It constantly says its connected both Local and Internet, and yet the computer acts as though there is no connection. HELP!

A:Wireless Connects, Disconnects, Can't access internet

Well first...house or apartment? Check the cable going to your modem...make sure it isn't frayed or mangled in any way. Believe it or not I had a squirrel chew on my cable and it took the cable company 6 visits to find it.

Have you powered down the modem and router for 30 seconds and plugged them back in?

Next, is your router secured? Some people like to play with others routers when they are not secured and sometimes when they are.

If I were in your shoes...1) power down, power up (above) check the cable; if you find something call the cable company... 2) no problems in the cable and power down/up doesn't work...reset the router by inserting a pin into the area on the back of the router that is a very small hole with power on...hold down the pin for 15 sec or so. Once you've done that, follow the power down/up instructions. Don't forget to set up security once you've reset the router.

To do this...enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser...enter admin as user name and consult your manual or google for the default password (think it's admin but don't quote me)...then use the wizard to set up your router.

Good luck-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connects-disconnects-cant-access-internet.828765/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I have Lenovo B570 with windows7 installed. To avoid internet disconnection problem, I changed settings in Control Panel as follows:
In Power Options, then in advance settings I selected options "Do Nothing" When laptop lid closes...
It resolves my problem partially... After closing the lid if system does not get lock then internet connection works fine but if system goes to lock state (this happens when lid closed time is more than 20 mins) then after login, the internet connection is visible as disconnected.
Any suggestions?

A:Wireless Internet disconnects when i close laptop lid

Are your drivers updated to the newest one avaible ??

Also you can try disabling this:

it's in dutch but I think you know where to find it

Device Manager > select your Network driver > and do what you see in the picture (but ! disable it)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/205740-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-i-close-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I can't seem to skype or video chat of any sort (ie: aim video chat, facebook video chat, etc.) on my computer. Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim/facebook, it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone. I don't know what could be wrong. Using the same wireless internet, my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks. It seems like my computer is the only one that can't video chat. Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card. I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows 7. Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N? In addition to this problem, my internet loves to disconnect randomly too...this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router (model WRT160N V3) and Speedstream 5100 modem.

Please help! Thanx!

Relevancy 63.64%

please help me i am in a big problem I have lost my cell phone and i dont have money to buy another and i have to contact a person soon its very important and internet is the only way now I am Using WIndows Ultimate bits The Problem Is When i Start my Pc My Manufacturer Logo Comes quot Powered by ASUS quot after that My After Blinking Internet and Connection Stops Card W Disconnects LAN Windows Loading Comes From the Backside My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W of Pc I Can see the Wire into Lan Card and the green light is Blinking Just after windows loading is finished The Lan Card Stops Blinking and After i put my password and login into my Account I see the Red Cross on Internet Connection and its Disconnected My Windows was working fine from the Last Months I Dont know what suddenly has happened Please Do not say me to check my Drivers or my wire lan card etc Ive Confirmed that the Internet Connection is Enabled from my Internet Service Provider Ive Checked my LAN Card By using Another External One quot Still the Same Problem quot Ive Checked my Wire by using it on Friend's Pc Wire is working fine Ive Re-Installed the windows After Re-installing the Windows Internet Works Fine But Just after Restarting Windows The Same Problem Comes Ive Performed the full pc scan for Spywares Malewares Trojans and Viruses but nothing worked Please Help meeee Please Help me i urgently need Internet

A:My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W

This may or may not help but doesn't take long and it's free.
Go to Internet Options
Connections
Lan settings
Make sure Proxy is not checked.
Take a look at this. Could help.
SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251923-my-internet-connection-disconnects-lan-card-stops-blinking-after-w.html
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.64%

I can t seem to skype or video chat of any sort ie aim Video chatting connection disconnects Internet and fails video chat facebook video chat etc on my computer Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim facebook it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone I don t know what could be wrong Using the same wireless internet my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks It seems like my computer is the only one that can t video chat Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N In addition to this problem my internet loves to disconnect randomly too this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router model WRT N V and Speedstream modem please help Thanx O so i think i may have isolated the issue with skype failing and my random disconnections when i disable my norton symantec antivirus i don t get disconnected and my Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection skype works however that would mean I would be defenseless if i had no antivirus does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I would be able to tweak the settings of norton or anything else that I may fix so that everything still works with my norton still enabled nbsp

A:Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection

Remove Norton entirely and go for a free antivirus program like Microsoft Security Essentials. Google for it, or it is available using Windows Update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-chatting-fails-and-disconnects-internet-connection.170013/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
I have had wireless network problems for a long time. I bought a new router and I bought a new adapter, it just seems these problems never stop.
Recently (after 3 months or so of working fine) my wireless internet computer (which is a windows XP and is wireless with a Linksys WRT54GS v7 router and a realtek gateway adapter) keeps reconnecting/disconnecting. So I moved my tower over to the left about 3 feet. My internet works fine for a couple of hours. It then starts to disconnect/reconnect again, so I move it a couple more feet towards the left (which is where the exit of the room is, now my tower is halfway outside my door in order to get a good signal!).
Anyone know the problem?
Ideas?

Relevancy 63.21%

I have an old laptop running Windows 2000 and a PC running XP. I decided to use the old laptop as a second monitor using Maxivista, and it requires that both computers be connected by a TCP/IP connection. My PC is connected to the internet wirelessly to a router downstairs, and it is connected to my laptop via an ethernet cable.
Right now the TCP/IP is not working, in the command script when I ping the DNS server and Default Gateway (of the Lan connection) on both computers it doesn't work and it gives me a "request timed out" message.
But the main problem is that when my laptop is on or I have the ethernet cable connected to the laptop the internet on my PC stops working. When I turn off the laptop or pull out the cable my internet starts working again.
Any ideas as to what is the problem?

A:Wireless internet disconnects when LAN ethernet cable is plugged in

You must be using a cross-over cable in this instance. A regular LAN patch cable will not work.
Set the IP on your ethernet connection to a different subnet than used by your wireless LAN.

For example, if your Wireless LAN is distributing / using IPs in the subnet 192.168.x.x, set up your ethernet and laptop adapters as follows:

Desktop:
IP address: 10.0.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.2

Laptop:
IP address: 10.0.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.1

You do not need to set any DNS address.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-internet-disconnects-when-lan-ethernet-cable-is-plugged-in-113459.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a wireless internet with WEP security. I connect to the network (wirelessly), but it losses connection...sometimes 5 min, sometimes 15 minutes.
Now, I know it's not my laptop because I can connect to other wireless networks and stay connected. I've tried unplugging the router and modem, but still the same thing. I have full signal strength, so that is not it.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

A:home wireless internet is connects and disconnects continuosly...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-wireless-internet-is-connects-and-disconnects-continuosly.777756/
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok to start off I times about it's disconnects Wireless doesn't but 20 Internet day a disconnected show only know the basics about computers so just ask what you need of me if you re willing to help There s two Wireless Internet disconnects about 20 times a day but doesn't show it's disconnected laptops in the house at the moment mine and my mums we both use the same wireless network and she has problems for about weeks i ll be doing something browsing a website watching a Youtube video whichever and then half way through what i m doing it will just stop nothing changes on the wireless icon Wireless Internet disconnects about 20 times a day but doesn't show it's disconnected it still says full bars and working ill refresh the page or wait which is rarely and it will be fine for about - minutes and then it will happen again and again and then eventually it might stop Recently the last days it has been showing on the wireless icon the yellow sign with an exclamation mark It happens at random times and sometimes doesn t do it much at all but it will still happen in the day at some point I m using windows my wireless provider is Virgin and my wireless box is Virgin media as it s just my computer this is happening to I ve done a full system scan with Bitdefender and I use Ccleaner quite regularly nbsp

A:Wireless Internet disconnects about 20 times a day but doesn't show it's disconnected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-about-20-times-a-day-but-doesnt-show-its-disconnected.1093034/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I am new to hyjackthis and have discerned some of the problem files that were found in my exceedingly long list files found mixer) freeze connection (including sound Issue's: programs Internet Multiple disconnects, from hyjackthis scan I ve attempted to delete some of these files with Fix Checked and upon Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) a new scan some of the same files still remain My trial and error period with this program is over as clearly I will need a much more informed perspective in order to resolve these issues Here is my log please give me some advice on how to avoid a full system crash whenever you are able to Much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x iBryte playbryte iBryteDesktop exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www youcansearch com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Browser Enhancer - ef bd - f - - f-f cdf eb - C Program Files x CAJ Media Browser Enhancer adxloader dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO WeCareReminder - D F DE- D - F - EB - ECD ABB - C ProgramData WeCareReminder IEHelperv dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe O - HKLM Run SAOB Monitor C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe quot C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electro... Read more

A:Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435698/multiple-issues-internet-connection-disconnects-programs-freeze-including-sound-mixer/
Relevancy 59.77%

Here is what I get when I type ipconfig all Host Name Tanya Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek on Local connection Windows wireless says internet internet My Vista Only connection RTL B Wireless b g Mbp s USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -A -FF- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ed a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -CE-BB-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C E B - EA - D - F B- F B F br DA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.255.53.64(Preferred)Click to expand...

this occures when there is no response to the DHCP request.

First, disable the WiFi, cable a connection to the router and retry; what's the result?

While connected to the router, config it for the:
router address and DHCP range
wifi SSID, Channel
set a new admin password and save the settings.

Disable the wired interface, enable the WiFi and retry the WiFi connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-connection-says-local-only-on-windows-vista-wireless-internet-connection.161510/
Relevancy 57.19%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 57.19%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey I ve been having this problem ever since coming back home from university My laptop doesnt seem to be able to stay internet not to connection connection but Losing laptop wireless on the internet very well I ll be randomly browsing downloading whatever and then suddenly it ll stop The wireless icon on the taskbar comes up with a amp quot amp quot and says no internet access The wireless connection is still full strength at this point but no internet What I don t understand is that the internet connection to the main computer which is wired works fine all the time the internet connection works on the other wireless laptops in the house and at uni I Losing internet connection to laptop but not wireless connection have no problems with the wireless internet I don t know where the problem can be Turning off the wireless card and turning it back on works for a few minutes or so restarting the computer works for a bit longer It usually works just long enough for me to get the false hope that it s fixed itself Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F BCHR H CN U VD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I m not particularly tech savvy computers and myself dont seem to get on very well I ve absolutely no idea where to go from here Cheers for any help guys nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello For the last month I've been having problems with my computer The main symptomsare - internet connection disconnects every - hours sometimes shorter longer - the download rate dropped from to on a regular basis - the computer gets slow sometimes more than usual and acts weird I've checked the matter with the internet cables and the modem providers - everything is fine and I believe that there's a malicious Trojan inside my computer The thing is that I'm quite an expert and I HAVE tried EVERYTHING on my own but NOTHING works I've tried the steps you recommended I've scanned online with every recommended virus Connection Droped Half, Trojan/spyware Speed - By Plus Unknown Disconnects Connection scanner available I got the AVG anti virus amp anti spyware firewall I scanned witheverything possible They all found minor things but nothing serious Spy Catcher was the onethat catched many things actually I've done many scans in either Normal or Safe modes andnow the results are showing that it's all cleaned However - the problem is still there I hope you can help me with the following Hijackthis log Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware file If nothing helps I guess the next step will be probably just to format and reinstall windows something that happens on a rather regular basis on my computer I'd appreciate any useful comment Thanks Liaf HERE'S MY LOG FILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwa datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A C D- CED- A - D-DAE A FD - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ASM quot C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe quot HIDEMAINO - HKLM Run SunServer C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Pr... Read more

A:Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware

Hi again,

Please reply asap, even if you don't know what it is - I need to know if it's something
that can't be fixed so that I'll reinstall windows.
HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75349/connection-speed-droped-by-half-plus-connection-disconnects-unknown-trojanspyware/
Relevancy 55.9%

Well I've fiddled around and searched to no avail I have some form of conflict between my main wireless network and a LAN I use for file transfer and streaming The attached PDF file illustrates the setup Basically the wireless network is fine by itself Music streams from the Asus EeePC to the various Squeezeboxes and internet connectivity is without internet wireless connection connection internet stops LAN enabled on all PCs LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection and LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection the iPad The LAN works well by itself allowing me to use FreeFileSync to quickly and relaible transfer backup music between the Acer dekstop and Asus netbook server PCs and to stream music from the Asus EeePC which is the music server running Logitech Media Server to the Squeezebox However the two networks can't co-exist without the Acer and or Asus losing internet connectivity when their respective LAN connections are made to the Buffalo router they share with the Squeezebox The notification area shows - Currently connected to BuffaloLocalNet No internet access SqueezeNet Internet access Wireless Network Connection SqueezeNet Connected DD-WRT I have attached the ipconfig all output in the out txt file and diagram of the network in Network pdf I suspect this is a simple clash of parameters somewhere or incompatible IP addresses but I'm not good enough to resolve it Thanks GRC

A:LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Check the properties of the wireless network adapter for a feature something like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305674-lan-connection-without-internet-stops-wireless-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This crops up now and then in my clients machine repairs. Usually a complete reformat and reinstall sorts it. This time no joy. Windows XP on client's Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.
Procedure was files and settings transfer before reformat. After reinstallation of Win XP restored files and settings. LAN connection to internet ok. Wireless connection to router ok. No Internet via wireless connection. Help!
Thanks in anticipation
Les

A:No internet connection yet wireless connection ok to router

If the net is seen by the wireless then its usually the Password and/or WEP/WAP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-connection-yet-wireless-connection-ok-to-router-373294.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I own a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614 v6. My default access is through http://192.168.1.1 . Recently I have been having problems trying to connect through a wireless connection. I can receive a connection directly through the router. I have used this router on multiple computers. I am not sure if it will not connect because of this, but I am in need of some good guidance.

If I am missing information please let me know. I really would like some help on this. Thanks!

A:Solved: Internet Connection But No Wireless Connection

Is this really solved?
If not, ask a mod to move it to the networking section and supply Ipconfig and OS info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-but-no-wireless-connection.888755/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a bit of an odd problem that I m not able to find a good solution for on google Before I start I m on a laptop with a built-in network adapter on a home wi-fi connection although this problem occurs even on other networks like my university s The other computer on my home network is fine even during the times my connection goes bad Anyway I ll be browsing the internet playing games whatever and suddenly for whatever reason my latency will shoot up dramatically like now Normally my ping to google is - ms When the problem occurs it shoots up to - And sometimes it will just a suddenly fix itself I can be on for hours and not have it occur and it can last for several bad connection. Intermittently hours as well I ve tried screwing with the connection settings some tried reinstalling the network adapter maybe a couple things that I m not remembering This has been going on for quite a while I m suspecting a faulty or heat-fried network adapter too many usb devices playing too many games never cleaning the vents can make it awful hot in there Anyway I was just hoping for other opinions as I Intermittently bad connection. don t have the money to deal with a hardware problem right now and I m sort of praying that it s something I can fix without having to make a trip to the electronics store I would post some diagnostics but Intermittently bad connection. I don t really know what would help Anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance PS And suddenly by the end of this post it fixed itself for now nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Mine is Dell Inspiron Os Windows Ultimate x My laptop wifi works fine for some period of time but suddenly the current wireless connection gets disconnected and no wireless networks appear in the list The network connection icon in taskbar changes to no network connection small monitor with yellow exclamation icon The wireless adapter is still enabled only Well i found a way to bring back the connection and to show the available wireless networks by disabling and enabling the dell wireless adapter under quot change adapter settings quot in abruptly network adapter, wireless Problem disconnects with wireless Network and sharing center But this problem keeps repeating at Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly unpredictable intervals and i have Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly to disable and enable the wireless adapter everytime Please help me with Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly a solution I have already tried the following Re-installing updating wireless network drivers Re-installing entire OS with full format of all hard drives Disabled unchecked quot allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot option under power management tab of dell wireless adapter properties Changed the power saving options for wireless adapter to quot maximise perfomance quot for both on battery and plugged in modes Having tried all these still no luck the problem persists I borrowed a digisol wireless USB adapter from my friend this works fine all the time with no issues I have no idea why mine is not working properly please do help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383002-problem-wireless-adapter-wireless-network-disconnects-abruptly.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So after my Dell laptop automatically updated from Windows services the internet is suddenly not working anymore also my iTunes has problem of recognizing my iphone it totally ignores to Internet!! - Wireless Internet Solved: Connected Connection Cannot Access but when i plug my iphone in I wonder that updating my windows has affected the ability performance of my Dell It was working fine the day before and now all the sudden it Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!! won t let me access to internet no more I use internet at my school s library sorry I m a low income studen I tried to removed all the stored internet profiles and reentered but it wouldnt change anything I also tried to come over my friend house and tried to connect to internet but the same problem happened Connected to internet but has no access I dont know know the information of the router modem etc but I have the ipconfig pingy thing and hijackthis I dont know this information is enough but please please help me I really need internet to do my hw Thanks you guys much much Here is the command thing Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f b e ab Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -C - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection ... Read more

A:Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-connected-but-cannot-access-to-internet.858000/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I need some help stopping the disconnecting Its very anoying As the title states my PC is disconnecting from the BT Home Wireless Hub It doesn t do this all the time and from what I can gather it only disconnects when downloading uploading some amounts of data Specifically Playing MMO s EVE-Online Tibia Star Sonata WoW and Downloads Network Adapter Zoom Wireless-G Zoom Disconnects from USB Home Wireless BT 4110 Wireless-G Hub USB adapter I have the latest drivers for this device and the hub is working fine The usb adapter is on a M Belkin USB Extension cable The Hub is on the other side of the house and on the second floor The understanding I have is that it disconnects due to low signal strength but I have a strength of - most of the time lowest being Link Quality always sits between - Example When I load EVE-Online Client the client gets the status of the server cluster online number of players or offline etc This is when it starts to Zoom Wireless-G USB 4110 Disconnects from BT Home Wireless Hub disconnect The connection just drops no matter what the link quality or signal strength This happens constantly every minutes Tedious solution for the random disconnection when the ZoneAlarm Icon my firewall stops showing the data traffic of the connection click Apply on the Zoom Wireless-G application It looks like this refreshes the connection Parts of the setup for my PC that I cannot change Location of the PC and BT Home Hub Hub is directly connected into the business computer and laptop dock PC is in my room Having the usb adapter connected directly into the computer i cannot get a signal to the hub on any port due to the amount of objects between them My PC Specs Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name MSI Gamila Giovani Neon Series Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i GE System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Monitor HP V quot CRT CNN ZN Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - CB Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD JB- REA GB IDE Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive HP DVD Writer c DVD x x x CD x x x DVD RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Hamachi Network Interface Network Adapter Zoom Wireless-G USB adapter Modem SoftV Data Fax Modem Hope someone can help with this very anoying problem Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zoom-wireless-g-usb-4110-disconnects-from-bt-home-wireless-hub.801802/
Relevancy 54.18%

Please help. I am running two pc's at home from wireless router. One of the pc's is hardwired in to the router the other pc is using usb connector. Every 30 minutes or so (sometimes more frequent) the connection will just fail for no apparent reason. After about 2 minutes it will reconnect. This problem has only started the last couple of weeks or so and I havent changed the setings on either of the pc's, hence why I am baffled. The problem seems to happen where both pcs are running OR just one.

The only thing that has changed is ive just got an iphone which I also occasionally connect to the router. Could this have an affect? The connection drop happens whether my phone is connected to the router OR not though

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

I m currently using a Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista it shipped with XP but I upgraded Recently I got an Xbox but it s located at the opposite end of the house from my wireless router and rather than blow Connection wireless kills Internet Internet my Sharing on the microsoft wireless adapter I decided to connect it to the Internet through my laptop using ICS instead However whenever I plug my Xbox into my laptop and turn on ICS I lose my Internet connection completely Vista s Network Sharing Center claims that I m still connected to the Internet but I can t access any webpage and my router doesn t respond to ping and the only way to get my Internet access back is to restart my laptop At first I thought it was a driver issue but I installed the latest Vista drivers for both the ethernet controller and the wireless card but the problem did not go away Can anyone suggest some fixes nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

In my house, I have my laptop on our wireless internet and I have one of my desktops on my wired internet. I don't want to have to spend my time or money and getting a wireless driver for it and with that I ran into a problem. For years my wired internet has worked the best out of all my computer, but now only my wireless signal is going out. I have the desktop plugged in to the router and everything. Just no internet? why? What can I do to fix it?

A:Solved: Wireless internet Connection, but no wired internet?

Double check the cable connections at both ends. Computer end and router end.

Turn off the router for 5 minutes. (unplug from power)

Shut down the computers. Both.

Plug the router back in.

Restart one computer at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-but-no-wired-internet.923287/
Relevancy 53.32%

The computer in my signature has two Marvell Yukon gigabit ethernet controllers and a Realtek wireless adapter At random intervals the network Fails Network Connection Intermittently connection Network Connection Fails Intermittently will fail between once every or hours to once every days I usually have one of the ethernet controllers although I ve used both wired to the Network Connection Fails Intermittently router and Network Connection Fails Intermittently am connected wirelessly at the same time These appear to go out at the same time Using the windows Network and sharing center to reset the network adapters has no impact Uninstalling reinstalling the network adapters has no impact I ve udpated the network adapter drivers no impact I m using a Netgear router Several other computers and wifi devices around the house have no problems with staying connected - it s not the router There is no specific function which causes network adapter failure This has been a problem for about months What should I do next time I have a network adapter failure I operated with an Ubuntu live CD for about hours with no failure although I ve often gone up to hours on Vista without a network adapter failure Here s an ipconfig all with connectivity Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Austin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PugetDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -F - - -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Wireless g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF- -FF- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c c cc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -F - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A - CCB- - E-F E C E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a fe e e b a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe fe e e b a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EA A-CAF - D - EF - C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AD ED - DE- - B-EDC BEB BE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Austin gt nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello All This is my first post here although I have visited the site a few times and found some really good help So thanks dropping and randomly connection intermittently RDP to all those who have helped me and did not know it However I have an issue that simply googling is not helping RDP connection dropping randomly and intermittently me with I am in a corporate environment where RDP is used everyday for many different tasks For this project I am dealing with RDP between Win Pro machines across the board no servers What we have started noticing is the connection will suddenly drop RDP connection dropping randomly and intermittently randomly with just the message that you have been disconnected This can happen after just logging in or an hour after or anywhere in between There does not seem to be any set amount of time before the connection drops and of course it is able to be reconnected without issue The connection speed seems to be fine All of these machines RDP hosts in total client machines a lot are on a gigabit network with fiber backbone I have clocked speeds of mbps so I feel safe saying it is not the network or at least the speed What I have found using wireshark to monitor port is a few bad packets at the time of one drop another connection loss yielded a zerowindow message and the third time was with two PCs identical to one another in hardware and software that are actually on the same switch could not be closer without a crossover cable the connection lasted about minutes and when it dropped wireshark showed nothing bad no lost packets no zerowindow nothing What I have tried so far is confirming the settings of RDP policies all pertinent policies were quot not configured quot changing the autodetect option to both highrestricted and low I believe based on the zerowindow message which also led me to try it on identical machines as I came across someone who spoke of having an issue where the host PC is just faster overall than the client Which is the case here as the hosts I am dealing with have Intel Xeon cores G of ram in some cases G and G in others and all have SSD drives for the OS The client machines the users are RDP'ing into the hosts with vary but none match the hosts power unless as in the case above I am using two of the machines to RDP I am sure I am leaving out details that would be useful to someone who is gracious enough to try and help I will say I am in a very compartmentalized environment and rather new here so still learning Yet I am the swiss army tech jack of all trades master of none It is the most interesting IT position I have had yet Thank you in advance to whoever tries to help

A:RDP connection dropping randomly and intermittently

You might end up helping me more than I help you. Off of the top of my head, I do not recall how to tell what version of Remote Desktop Connection is being used. If you figure out how to determine the version, let me know. You might want to ensure that the computers are using the same version. The version should not matter (to an extent), but I'm not sure what else to check just yet.

Question: Is this option checked?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376477-rdp-connection-dropping-randomly-intermittently.html
Relevancy 53.32%

We recently moved and upgraded our internet service from 1.5 Mbps to 4Mbps with CenturyLink. However, since our service was activated last Thursday, the internet connection intermittently drops and will not recover unless I reboot the modem. The period of up-time will last anywhere between fifteen seconds to several hours, usually falling along the five-to-ten minute range. No difference when using ethernet/wifi. The DSL light stays on, and the Internet light remains on as well. When the connection drops however, the Internet light flashes more constantly and rapidly.

I use a non-rented ActionTec GT784WN Modem/router. It worked fine at our old home and is up-to-date.
I've used both dynamic DNS addresses and static (used OpenDNS's).
Changing computers has no effect.
Resetting modem to factory default and reactivating changes nothing.

Relevancy 53.32%

Setup-
T1 --> Sonicwall Router --> 3 Linksys Switches (ef3124) -->
Small Business Network, 40 Workstations & growing (ranging xp pro, vista home-pro, 7 pro), 3 network printers & 1 server (win server 2003) running as DNS.

Situation -
Most workstations are independently owned by the employee. About half are connected to the domain, half are not.

2 stations specifically lose internet connection intermittently (ipconfig /release /renew usually fixes, sometimes requires cat5e to be disconnected and reconnected, then fine until the next drop (not sure on a timeline)
1st station has had this problem with 2 different systems connected there ( First: Vista Home Premium, not connected to domain obviously, 2nd: 7 Pro also not connected to the domain.) ("MY PRIMARY CONCERN ATM")
2nd station runs wins xp pro connected to Domain (network drop occurs less often here)

Sorry if this post seems a bit jumbled, kinda in a rush.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-drops-intermittently.166544/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I recently had occasion to re-install Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron after which I found that my wireless network connection drops every few minutes or so I am using an Intel r Wireless WiFi Link AGN network card and an attempt to update the driver - installed from the driver cd that came with the machine - tells me that it is the newest available When the connection drops Network Sharing Center shows that the connection is still up as does Network Connections If I disable and re-enable the network card the connection comes right back When it is down I cannot ping the router from Vista and all drops intermittently Network connection attempts to ping the machine from others on the network fail The machine is within two feet of the router and other devices in the home do not drop connections SFC scannow ran normally The Windows Firewall is off and the only change I made was to make it so that Windows does not shut down the adapter when it goes to sleep The problem does NOT occur when I boot into safe mode which indicates to me that I do not have a hardware problem Any help would be greatly appreciated s

A:Network connection drops intermittently

Have you installed both SP1 and SP2 plus all updates? Try connecting a Ethernet Cable to do the updates then remove once all are done.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301651-network-connection-drops-intermittently.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I purchased a new laptop around 3 months ago, a Sony Vaio T-Series, model SVT1313C5E. Since then I have found myself browsing when the internet decides to stop working and I begin to receive internet page loading failure messages. This can last for anywhere up to a couple minutes, however I have not long ago discovered that selecting the Wifi icon in the right hand side of the taskbar bizarrely causes functionality to resume. Currently operates on Windows 8 and have done a full system restore. The icon doesn't change and shows full bars, and can occur multiple times a day. Any help would be appreciated!

Ironically this occurred during the creation of this post. I'd been running a ping -t 8.8.8.8 and receive a "Request timed out. Destination host unreachable"