Windows Support Forum

My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

Q: My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

Please help I know very little about computers Please excuse me if I explain things wrong and use incorrect terminology I hadn t used my laptop for a while and yesterday it didn t come on when I tried to turn it on I ended up taking out the battery then holding down the power button for seconds The laptop worked fine after that and I was able to access the Internet When I went to shut it down it said that it had updates to install so I told it to install the updates and shut off when it was done When I started it up today it seemed slow to get to the Toshiba screen It looked liked it was still installing updates which I found odd because it had shut itself down yesterday after installing all of them I thought I shut it down again after the updates or whatever that was had completed and I was able to access one site very briefly However now I can t access the Internet at all The Internet Explorer page comes up for a few seconds and then closes again to the Toshiba page When I check my connection it says that the Wifi is connected I can t figure out why I can t access the Internet Please help Edited to add that I it's to the won't My connected Toshiba even though laptop Wifi Internet connect to m using Windows Also My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi I just tried to scan with Norton but the scan won t work nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-its-connected-to-wifi.1138598/
Relevancy 82.99%

Same Connected connect to to router, internet can't wifi wifi network works on my laptop but not my desktop Running the troubleshooter on my desktop Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet comes up with no errors My ipconfig all is below Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TARDIS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address B -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- F-B -C - - -E - D-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address C - - -E - D-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - B - A D- B A F CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B A - BAD- CD-B - FAE AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cbc b ea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BA C C- C - E-B - D D D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - A F- - C- FBF D AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mike gt

A:Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet

According to this you should have a connection so something may be blocking the connection like an Anti Virus software.

Does it show up as connected but the browsers won't go anywhere? If so I have something for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262213-connected-wifi-router-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 82.99%

i've had a wifi network set up at my house for several months now and no problems if i couldn't connect i always just unplugged the router for seconds and was able to connect well suddenly today i can't connect to the internet but my wifi network appears to be fine it's says i have excellent signal strengh and that i'm connected but i can't connect to the internet when i go to the program that came with the router and hit quot repair quot it says that i AM connected to the network but that my internet connection is broken what UP with that i don't get it can someone please advise on what to do i tried using connected can't to internet..??? connect but network, to wifi another device to see if i could connect with internet my ipod touch and it also said that i was connected to the wifi network yet it could not connect with the internet it never had a popup that said anything it acted like it was trying to connect but just never did i'm puzzled during the day while i was at work my roommate connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? was going to use the laptop when she couldn't connect she did the unplug for sec thing whent that didn't work she unplugged the two cables from the back of the router and plugged them back in is it possible that she plugged them into the wrong place would that be the problem i am not at home right connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? now so i can't check but will try to fix this when i get home tomorrow not sure what i need to do signed frustrated

A:connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..???

Willing to bet you are using a third party firewall / antivirus application.
Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153584-connected-wifi-network-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hello,

I am newbie in such things. My internet was working over wifi (router Netgear 150), but suddenly it stopped working. Wifi is working as my smart phone and other laptop is working properly on it.

However My Sony Vaio though connected to wifi, apps like IDM, IE, google chrom nor firefox connets to internet. I remember that I has installed youtube downloader and uninstalled it quickly. It downloaded some additional apps like shopping pro, g-force and I uninstalled that too. but none of my app connescts to internet.

Please help. I checked for proxies, but it is connected directly and disabled firewall as well. but still it is not working.

Relevancy 82.13%

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

when I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

A:Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

Originally Posted by notech

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

can you just run through your post again, you seem to be saying that you have disabled your wireless on your router and you lose connection on the wireless connection on your computer.
you will, because you disabled it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208242-cant-connect-wifi-w-internet-when-connected-rj45-another-router-x64.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I use my android as a mobile hotspot to connect to the internet on my laptop. My laptop says it is connected to the internets.d has a strong connection but will not load any page on internet. I use my mobile hotspot to connect to the internet on other devices and it works great. I am using windows 7 operating system and internet explorer for my browser.

A:Toshiba laptop says connected to internet but will not load any page on internet

Hit the windows logo key + R. In the run box that appears, type cmd and press enter. In the black box that appears, type ipconfig/all and press enter. Copy and paste the results into this form.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-says-connected-to-internet-but-will-not-load-any-page-on-internet.1090434/
Relevancy 78.69%

My Toshiba L755 Satellite has been unable to load web pages despite showing that it is connected to my wifi network. The problem usually starts when I'm watching videos on YouTube. As soon as I try to raise the quality of the video, the laptop will refuse to load the video and will not load any other websites. The only way I have been able to fix this is to reboot the laptop. However, the problem persists when try to watch videos again

A:Toshiba laptop is connected to the internet but it fails to load webpages

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-is-connected-to-the-internet-but-it-fails-to-load-webpages.1131950/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi..

Have come here as a last resort

I have a Sony laptop e series approx 2 years old...
I have been accessing wifi on it for almost the entire time... Was workn on the nternet with my laptop till day before yesterday mornng.....

When i switched it on in the evenng, it suddenly started showing that the internet is connected, but there is no nternet access!!! There was a yellow icon (triangle) at the internet connection icon...!!

I am able to access the same internet with my ipad n iphone, but says 'no internet access' or 'limited access' while trying the same from my laptop...!!

I have spoken to my service provider as well who couldnt help at all....

Please help!!!!!!

A:Laptop connected to wifi but no internet access

Can you connect Sony laptop to another wifi router succesfully?

When connected to (failing) wifi (from command prompt):

Code:
ipconfig/all>ip.txt
route print>route.txt
Post ip.txt and route.txt
You may delete both files afterwards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229750-laptop-connected-wifi-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I am using an HP Pavilion dv with a Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N network adapter trying to connect to the wifi router on campus from my dorm room The routers are placed in the common areas so I do not receive a very strong signal in my room but it works good enough for my Android phone to connect just fine and have a reasonable speed My laptop on the other hand which works fine in the common areas with good signals at times struggles to get internet I have episodes where I can connect just fine and receive sufficient Wifi internet connected no but to Laptop connection speed but then at other times I connect to the wifi but I cannot connect to the internet I click Diagnose on the Wireless Network Connection Status which runs and claims to find an error which is fixed by resetting the wireless adapter Rarely does this actually Laptop connected to Wifi but no internet connection fix the problem though I am curious as to what could be causing this spotty internet connection with my laptop when my phone always works just fine Could it be something with HP s default WLAN manager I read something about updating to Intel s wifi manager but I could not get the update to work with my Windows -bit OS Does anyone have some insight that can make my laptop connect better nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

I received a replacement laptop via warranty (a refurb Asus) with Windows 8 and I keep loosing my internet connection via wifi (home wireless network) when my iPad and two iPhones stay connected to the same wifi network. It will at first tell me access is restricted then I have lost connection completely and must click and re connect...so far it's been 4 times in the last hour while other days I stay connected no problem.

A:Asus laptop won't stay connected to internet (via wifi)

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-wont-stay-connected-to-internet-via-wifi.1111600/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi everybody!

I would be happy if anybody could help me solve my network connection problems. I am trying to connect my laptop to internet via wireless router and modem. It successfully connected to router there is no internet access. I have tried wire connection directly to the modem, and it worked. I also know the wireless router is working fine due to we have phones that wirelessly connected to the router, and they are also getting internet access.

Please help!

A:Laptop wifi connected to router but no internet access

I would firstly, double check security and you typed your passkey in right.. sounds dumb but has fixed many peoples errors. Also make sure you didn't block your MAC Adrees.

If still no go, turn off the router security then try to connect.

If no go try updating the drivers.

If still no go then we got issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296717-laptop-wifi-connected-router-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi there!

So I have begun to encounter this super weird problem since the past two days.

I have a wireless router that I use to connect three devices to the internet. Two laptops and a phone. I've had the same internet connection for the past 1.5 years and everything has worked just fine.

Off lately, my laptop won't connect to the internet only in my room. Everywhere else, it works just fine. But the minute I enter my room, the connection changes to 'Unidentified network' or 'No internet access'. I tried bringing the other laptop in my room and that works perfectly.
What could be the reason for this?

I have been scouring forums on the internet, but couldn't find any resolution.
I tried re-installing my wireless drivers but that didn't help. Tried troubleshooting and the problem couldn't be fixed.

Please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387283-wifi-connected-internet-wont-but-only-one-room-one-laptop.html
Relevancy 76.54%

HI all, I have a lenovo laptop that is almost exactly a year old and it WILL NOT stay connected to the internet neither by wifi nor LAN. It will connect sometimes for 10 mins, sometimes for ten seconds. I can turn the computer off, restart it, close all other programs, diagnose connection, disable and restart adapters, nothing works for very long. I dont believe it is the internet as my Xbox, my desktop and my phone all connect fine through both wireless and wired connections. There are also two other laptops on the house that connect just fine (not windows 7 machines tho) my desktop is also windows 7 and sporadically has this problem as well. I have tried going to barnes and noble and starbucks to try different internet and still the same thing happens. Very Frustrating, please help if you can

A:Lenovo laptop REFUSES to stay connected to internet(wifi AND lan)

Hello and welcome heavy mate have you checked the driver for the adaptor in Device Manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272264-lenovo-laptop-refuses-stay-connected-internet-wifi-lan.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey,
I have a E-System laptop and it won't alow me to connect to the internet, it was conected before bu thten my charger broke and i had to get a new charger. I bought a new charger and now it won't allow me to conect to the internet.

I have a Netgear router which is alowing the computer to conect to the internet through the ethernal (or whatever it is called) cable, but it won't allow me to use it wirelessly. I have a wireless switch on the front of the laptop which is turned on, But when i go to conect it won't alow me. The light that is with the switch don't seem to light up weither, i was told to go into Advance setings and turn it back on, but i can't find advanced setings.
can anyone help me please!!

Many thanks.

A:My laptop won't connect to the internet although it has ben connected before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-although-it-has-ben-connected-before.790784/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all I is Wi-Fi internet to but me laptop connected, the connect let won't have a very frustrating problem with my Windows insider build laptop This started happening a short time after I upgraded to the above OS The icon in the system tray is displaying my SSID and citing Internet access Wi-Fi is enabled and flight mode is disabled However any web browser or program that requires or allows a connection to the internet will not work because my PC is apparently not connected to the internet For example I get a This page can't be displayed message in IE and a Can't reach this page message in Edge I can however ping my router without any problems I send a ping request to the router and the router replies implying an active network connection I've tried everything from reconnecting to the network to restarting the wireless Wi-Fi is connected, but laptop won't let me connect to the internet card to updating the drivers to resetting the system but nothing works I even tried a system file check sfc scannow but no violations were found I know it's not a router issue because all other devices in my house can connect to the internet with no problems To top it off this is a brand new laptop over a month old Your assistance is highly appreciated

A:Wi-Fi is connected, but laptop won't let me connect to the internet

try pinging a website like yahoo from a command prompt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616796/wi-fi-is-connected-but-laptop-wont-let-me-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 76.11%

i m not sure if this the right place to post this if not please tell me where to go So I have a Toshiba Satellie L -S that my uncle gave me to see if I could fix its internet issuses We have a laptop just like the L so I switched the wireless cards between the two laptops the working laptop read the card and connected to the internet while the other one failed to load the card It cannot detect any wireless networks and it doesn t connect to the internet even with a Ethernet cable connected to it Under device manager under Network adapters there is a yellow triangle for Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Adapter and for the device status it reads quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot Laptop internet to Toshiba connect cannot load the drivers required for the device quot So i want to know what is needed to do fix that In Device manger it also shows that the Ethernet Toshiba Laptop cannot connect to internet Controller is having problems it says that its code and that quot There is no driver selected for the device information set or element quot I figure that I need to resolve one problem before i can solve the other Some laptop specs Windows bit Operating System Pentium Dual-Core CPU T GHz If there is any additional information needed please ask nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop cannot connect to internet

You need to go to the Toshiba website and download the wireless(Wi-Fi) and wired Ethernet(LAN) drivers, and install both of them: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...ter=&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

If the laptop was recently reloaded with Windows then it may require many more drivers from the Toshiba site as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-cannot-connect-to-internet.1034056/
Relevancy 76.11%

First request for help, hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I have a toshiba A300 laptop that has suddenly refused to connect to the internet, either wirelessly or if I plug in into the router via ethernet cable.

The router is working fine, we have three other laptops and a desktop in the house and they're all working fine.

The troubled toshiba can connect to the network, if I run IPconfig I can see DNS etc, and it is downloading updates etc from the internet, but web browsers (IE, FF and Chrome) and mail do not work, they all say no internet connection.

The laptop is running Vista home premium SP2.

I've tried deleting the network drivers Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Network adapters as listed on other threads but no joy. I just can't figure it out

A:Toshiba laptop won't connect to internet

ok, stick with the wired connection, as WiFi can be more complicated.
Use the Device Manager
right-click My Computer->Manage->Device Manager
click on the [+] by Network Adapters​investigate WHAT is present and all should not have red / yellow marks.

Have you taken the system elsewhere and with what success?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet.161321/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Toshiba Laptop computer, it will not connect to the internet anymore. I have tried a wireless connection and have tried connecting straight to the laptop, either way it will not make a connection. Could anyone tell me what the problem might be, I need this for college next week.

A:Toshiba Laptop will not Connect to the internet

Hi, first go into the control panel> system> Hardware> Device Manager and see if any or all of your networking hardware is listed. If it is then click on them, one at a time and uninstall them, restart the computer and let the computer reinstall the devices. If that doesn't work we will take it from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet.57305/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey,
I just got an acer laptop computer from India. It was connecting fine there on a dail up network however I am having trouble connecting to the wireless network in London. The network status shows connected with a strong signal however I get check network connections message when I try to use the internet. Can you please help?
Thanks

MadJo

A:Solved: Laptop shows connected to wifi network but I cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shows-connected-to-wifi-network-but-i-cannot-access-the-internet.920386/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi New connect to won't laptop Toshiba home internet I just got a new Toshiba Satellite C D-S It s running Windows I can t get it to connect to my home wifi--it just says quot Can t connect to this network quot and nothing else I did unplug and plug back in the router does that count as resetting and it didn t change anything I just went to the library and it connected to that wifi without a problem While there I uninstalled all Norton security products and installed AVG Free Still not working Can anyone help me I m not hugely knowledgeable about computers but I should be able to follow directions I followed the advice of some other threads and did the ipconfig all New Toshiba laptop won't connect to home internet thing and here New Toshiba laptop won't connect to home internet it is Hopefully it helps Windows IP Configuration Host name Emily Pimary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical address -EC- -AC-CE-AE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical address -EC- -AC-CE-AE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical address - - C- E- E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Me gt Let me know if you need any more info to help Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Laptop (M5) that will not connect to the internet. It was infected with something that I cleaned with Superantispyware but it will now not connect to the internet. It shows that it is connected both by wireless and wired but when I open Internet Explorer it cannot find the webpage. It is trying to open my homepage (www.google.co.uk). If anyone can help I would be grateful, please let me know what information you need to look at this.

Thank You

Relevancy 74.82%

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks where my laptop wasn't recognizing my internet. When it stopped working I could see my connection through the network access, but it always failed to connect and the troubleshooter told me to restart my router. After trying a few times, shutting down and restarting my computer, doing a system restore, and a factory reset twice, I can connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable. However, now my laptop can't even see that any connections are available.

There are other computer in my house, all they all connect just fine. What should I do?

A:Laptop can't connect to the internet unless it's connected to an Ethernet cable

The laptops internal WIFI card has probably failed. You can get around it by using an external USB wifi adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet-unless-its-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable.210264/
Relevancy 74.82%

hi my toshiba satelite a200 wont connect to the internet but say is connected to wireless internet but yet i cant browse someone please help!!!!!!!

A:toshiba laptop wont connect properly to internet

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-properly-to-internet.1029876/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Tech Guys I have pretty curious problem No troubleshooter or FAQ that I could find has been able to help me so I d be incredibly grateful if someone here could won't (Windows to the connect 32-bit) laptop Solved: 7, internet Toshiba get me through this I m using a Toshiba Satellite L D-S which is running on Windows bit I ve owned it for over a year now without any difficulties but it s suddenly unable to access the internet The wireless icon in the Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit) tray shows Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit) that Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit) it s connected to the router a Netgear N but that it has no internet access I ran the Network Troubleshooter and received the message quot Your computer is correctly configured but the device or resource www microsoft com is not responding quot I thought that it may have been a problem with the cable modem a Motorola SB or with my ISP Comcast but I found that the Wi-Fi was working just fine on my cellphone I tried connecting the laptop via an ethernet cable to both the router and the modem but it still wouldn t work I tried turning everything off and then on again and still nothing I then started the computer in Safe Mode with Networking In this mode it WAS able to connect to the internet I don t know what exactly this means or where to go from here Any help or suggestions would be followed with gratitude and I ll be happy to provide whatever other information is needed I apologize if this is posted in the wrong sub-forum it s difficult navigating a forum of this size on a tiny phone nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba laptop won't connect to the internet (Windows 7, 32-bit)

something is running in normal mode that is blocking access
its possible a virus/malware
or
a firewall / security suite time trail version - they can often block even after being ok for years

so do you have norton, mcafee or other suite now or ever in the past

if so you need to uninstal and use the removal tool to remove - i have listed a couple for the more common suites
also try a tcp/ip reset

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Please note and post back - if you receive the message
Access is Denied

Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kaspersky Removal Tool
A link to Kaspersky - this varies with different versions
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193239279

Mcafee RemovalTool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

Norton Removal Tool
I would recommend that you restart the PC and run the removal tool for a second time - I have found instances where the removal tool needs to be run twice to fully remove all traces of norton and symantec from the PC
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

All Versions - The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2010/2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products, Norton 360 and Norton SystemWorks 12.0 from your computer.
http://majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-windows-7-32-bit.1041128/
Relevancy 74.82%

Laptop is Toshiba Satellite 1115-s103 serial # x2340363k running Windows XP/SP-2.

When plugging in a working high speed internet cable and restarting unit, an icon appears in lower right tray which looks like an internet connection icon with a small yellow ball bouncing back and forth.
However, when browser (either Firefox or Internet Explorer) is pulled up unit cannot find any valid address.
Suggestion was made that SP-2 might be the problem but after deinstalling SP-2 there was no improvement.

Need help - thanks - Paul

Relevancy 73.96%

Help.

My laptop will not connect to the internet. It is saying Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. When I click Diagnose Connection Problems it states:

Contact the company that provides you Windows XP Product Support. You can also use another computer to visit online support services on the Microsoft website: http://support.microsoft.com/winxp.

Has anyone had this problem? Can you advise on how to correct? Thanks!

Relevancy 73.96%

I cant connect to any wireless connection. I tried at my house and school and it shows either a red x, yellow triangle, or yellow ball showing connections are available. I can connect through ethernet though. I ran into this problem a few weeks ago but it was fixed after I did a malware scan but I have done many scans and everything clean. I also did ipconfig. Can someone help me?
Thanks

A:Laptop cant connect to the internet using wifi

If malware was involved try running this
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Also, more specific specs on your system would be helpful.
Model number ...stuff like that.

It wouldn't hurt to look for updated driver/software for your wifi device either.
Which I could point you to if I knew what kind of system we were dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256481-laptop-cant-connect-internet-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My dell laptop won't connect to any site or app needing internet (internet explorer, netflix, the app store...) but I'm connected to wifi and the wifi works on all my other devices. Please help!

Relevancy 73.96%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 73.1%

My pc was slowing down so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 7. All went well except one thing internet on wifi doesn't work. The rest of the toys in the house still connect through the router but the laptop does not. If the lan cable is plugged in the internet works. I used this to find the latest drivers for my laptops wifi card. Through the wifi I can enter the router settings but not externally to the internet. I'm thinking its something simple in the security setting Please help.

A:Windows 7 laptop wifi connect but no internet

Did you install ALL drivers including the chipset driver? Open device manager - any yellow or red symbols?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472718/windows-7-laptop-wifi-connect-but-no-internet/
Relevancy 73.1%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

My wifi router is normally placed on the first floor. When I go upstairs and try to connect to my laptop wifi to the internet, it will not work. The problem is, my laptop cannot find the network on the wifi list. I've been using the wifi on my laptop in my room upstairs for years yet all of a sudden today it stopped working.

I tested it with my phone on the exact same spot as my laptop and the internet connected just fine.

I moved my laptop to the basement and also tried the first floor and it worked fine. The Network Adapter driver is working fine from what I've seen.

Could it be because there is a setting on my laptop that it will not try to look for the wifi that is not close enough? If there is any missing information feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390676-no-longer-able-connect-internet-using-my-laptop-wifi-win7.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Morning folks,
Laptop won't connect via wireless.
It will connect via ethernet.
I have run antivirus and malaware bytes
I have checked relevant drivers
This is a known software issue as it happened last month. I took it to my local PC guy and he fixed it but was very vague about what he did. "I ran a couple of scripts" was his answer
All other devices in the house are fine.
When the laptop crapped out last month, so did the desktop BUT desktop is ethernet only. The computer guy fixed this the same way.

I could go back to my guy, but if  it is recurring then I would like to know what is causing it.

I've tried different routers

I'm running Windows 10 

Thanks in advance,

Herdsmann

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623017/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-its-a-known-software-error/
Relevancy 72.24%

After my laptop was fixed, I cannot connect to the Internet. It has limited acces. I did some research but cannot fix it. I really need Internet in my laptop. My laptop is Acer Aspire 5733.

A:My laptop cannot connect to the Internet and has limited connectivity to my wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-and-has-limited-connectivity-to-my-wifi.1123977/
Relevancy 72.24%

I orginally started having internet issues three days ago Both computers could not get online I have now been able to get online with this laptop that has XP The other laptop worki Solved: to drivers cannot not Vista network connect Toshiba internet, Laptop w/ Toshiba does not recognize any IP addresses and several of the network adapters show not working only two appear to work I did ipconfig and get media disconnected message I read through several forums and attempted to Solved: Toshiba Laptop w/ Vista cannot connect to internet, network drivers not worki remove the non working drivers rebooted but it still does not work There are other instructions I have followed from Microsoft forums with no solution at all I am open to any assistance any one can provide to help resolve this Also starting today my computer is acting up and suddenly shutting down so I did a system repair But I still cannot get online I would like to fix it Solved: Toshiba Laptop w/ Vista cannot connect to internet, network drivers not worki if at all possible I am desperately trying to be sure I have all my data transferred onto a USB hard drive in case it totally crashes Is there a way to be sure all my files pictures programs etc are safely on the USB hard drive without walking through them individually I notice some are only the shortcut so I have to go back through each and every one I was wondering if there was a quicker way to do this Also I am wondering since there appears to be a strong possibility I cannot get this fixed if I bought the Windows and put it on the computer would it correct the drivers and allow it to work I know there are alot of questions here but I truly have been trying to resolve this for days and nothing seems to correct the problem so I am trying to at least save my personal files pictures etc Any help is greatly appreciated Thank in Advance nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop w/ Vista cannot connect to internet, network drivers not worki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-w-vista-cannot-connect-to-internet-network-drivers-not-worki.873352/
Relevancy 71.81%

i can't connect to wifi bcz its showing internet secqured nd no internet...

A:why i can't connect to a wifi in windows 1o laptop?its showing no internet ,secured

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Here are some things to try! If you need more help, please join the forum! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nection-issues Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444969-why-i-cant-connect-wifi-windows-1o-laptop-its-showing-no-internet-secured.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

All An elderly Their Wifi Helping an Friend: Connect Internet Won't Elderly Laptop to the Using friend of mine let someone borrow their laptop and when they got it back it no longer worked on their home Wifi I have been researching how to fix this but so far haven t been able to fix it so I would really appreciate any help Here s the situation - I can see they haven t installed anything new since it was borrowed - It works completely fine on the internet when connecting via internet cable - I have run anti-virus software which didn t find anything - I tried to update Helping an Elderly Friend: Their Laptop Won't Connect to the Internet Using Wifi the wireless card s driver but it said it didn t need an update - The DNS settings look ok to me no VPN or anything - I checked the LAN settings and that seems normal - I ve tried it in my house as well and it doesn t connect to the wifi either - Lots of other devices connect without any problems - There is some HP internet software installed that came with the laptop it says did not find an ip address - OS is XP They are quite upset about this and I d love to fix it for them It s quite an old laptop and so it s slow so it makes it quite hard to try and fix I would be hugely grateful for any suggestions nbsp

A:Helping an Elderly Friend: Their Laptop Won't Connect to the Internet Using Wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/helping-an-elderly-friend-their-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-using-wifi.1146575/
Relevancy 71.81%

My home computer will connect fine to the internet, as will my iPhone and my family's androids. And just yesterday, my laptop was working fine when I wanted to use the internet. Last night, I was on YouTube, when my internet just started failing. So I opened Steam, then Skype. Neither worked. So I just shut it off for the night hoping it'd fix itself. It hasn't. I tried one suggestion of changing my router time, that didn't help. I also tried simply restarting my router. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

A:My Dell Inspiron Laptop Will Connect to Wifi, but Won't Access the Internet

I see you said its dell laptop? Whats the 7-character service tag? ALso DL this tool and run it and then copy and paste the data into ur next post on here. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
Oh and welcome to TSG!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dell-inspiron-laptop-will-connect-to-wifi-but-wont-access-the-internet.1099151/
Relevancy 70.95%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 70.95%

This is what I am working with Laptop LENOVO Refurbished O S Windows home premium Version build Service pack bit Processor Intel i - M GHz Intel Family Model stepping Hard Drive C GB HDD Free suddenly internet and laptop 3months to via Solved: old connect Wifi to unable other GB D Free Ram Mb Graphics card Intel R HD Graphics Family - MB Motherboard LENOVO Emerald Lake Anti Virus McAfee Anti-Virus amp Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Modem Videotron Arris Model TM G Router Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR Level of knowledge Intermediate Learned how to use a computer in the time before Windows comfortable with using command prompt Have fixed many issue over the years with old and crappy Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other computers through research Not very familiar with wireless connections This is NOT the Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other issue I am trying to fix currently but might be good to know Last week laptop started freezing on Windows load going automatically to safe mode If I restart the computer after loading in safe mode Windows opens fine the second time Have tried stopping all other programs from loading at start up If I do a system restore everything works fine for a few days then starts freezing on Windows load again When Window does load I get the application error The application was unable to start correctly xc click ok to close but can still log in to Windows Also When I plug my cell phone via USB to computer it charges fine and can upload and download between the phone and laptop however if I connect a USB thumb drive I cannot open the folder save to it or open from it This is the issue I wish to fix first so I don t have to keep switching between my ancient and slow CPU and my Laptop trying to fix the above problem s Laptop recently stopped connecting to home WiFi automatically or manually Ran troubleshooters suggested I do a full power off the router and turn it back on Did that still not connecting Did a full power off of laptop and modem and router and restarted everything Still doesn t work Used manual Diagnostic tool and it fails the association test suggests that I check the profile I don t know much about wireless as I said so I do not know what profile I need to check or where it is located The laptop does connect sporadically to the internet at home via WiFi for a few minutes at a time on its own according to the wireless network connections During this time I see one of two messages in wireless network connections Unidentified network or limited access If I go into the network sharing centre it says I am connected to an unidentified public network and shows that this network is not connecting to the internet If I use the manual diagnostic tool at this time it passes the association test but fails the ping test Distance from the router does not seem to make a difference Often when it is disconnected I cannot even see my router in the list of available wireless network connections I can connect wireless to the router from my phone and have had no problems even while the laptop is unable to connect and the old CPU I am currently on which is a wired connection has had no trouble either Other things I tried I ve scanned for hardware changes in my network connections none and tried updating my driver software nothing to update all are enabled Have tried disabling and re-enabling Troubleshoot Internet connections Can t identify a problem Did an ipconfig all since I can t use a thumb drive had to take phone pic attached below A glaring issue is that there is no default gateway info however I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance for any help responses JBeans nbsp

A:Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-3months-old-laptop-suddenly-unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-and-other.1091352/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 69.23%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 68.8%

hi please help me i can XP laptop connect TOSHIBA VISTA won't LAN/wired laptop HP connection but can connect t figure out what s wrong with my hp dv laptop vista bit i have a broadband connection witch doesn t require username LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop and password i m using a LAN wired connection my problem is when i use my hp laptop to connect internet it won t connect me but giving me limited connection but when i use my toshiba xp laptop it will connect me and can access internet so i thought maybe something s wrong with my hp laptop or its LAN Card Then the other day i went on a vacation and tried my hp laptop to their internet connection and i was surprised that it worked both wired and wireless now i don t know what s wrong and i don t know what to do with my own internet line and with my hp laptop i did that ipconfig thing and here s what i got Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop All rights LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name leiyah-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - B-DA- -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f dafe a b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt my TOSHIBA laptop can connect getting xxx IP address while my HP laptop won t connect getting a XXX IP address nbsp

A:LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-wired-connection-can-connect-xp-toshiba-laptop-but-wont-connect-vista-hp-laptop.918872/
Relevancy 68.37%

i just bought a dell xt2 on ebay it came with windows 8 pro. my problem is that it goes into limited connection every ten minutes, even when i am next to the router. the error i get when i trouble shoot is the Default gateway is not avaible. let me know if you need any more info.<br>

A:Wifi on my dell xt2 goes from connected to limited connect

update.
my home router is verizon i think the security is wpa personal.

no issues on my school's network, and my hotspot which uses wpa2 (might be one) it foxfi. th

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20244-wifi-my-dell-xt2-goes-connected-limited-connect.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Windows user with my card will wifi connect ethernet no longer connected; recommended Windows updates up wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect to date except as removed by system restore mentioned below Samsung NP P C laptop Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I no longer had a wired connection on my laptop only the wifi For ages I've run with both connected wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect it prioritized the wire and I never had a problem but the wired connection dropped out and will not come back to life even if I disconnect from the wifi I spent a lot of time over the past few days doing online research didn't want to get too aggressive but here is what I have tried Give the ethernet card's MAC address a static IP on the gateway Actiontec router provided by Verizon Attempt to configure the IPv properties on the ethernet card to use the right default gateway and mask these have gone south as you'll see in my ipconfig dump below ipconfig release and renew - renew never completed New cable that was my first try New driver Fell back to old driver System Restore back to the beginning of the month The router is also new Verizon sent me a new one which I installed at the beginning of this week No improvement I have to admit that I didn't dig deep into these settings while using the old router because it was also dropping wifi a couple of times a day and so I thought it was just failing At first it would not recognize the cable but then I read somewhere to adjust the speed and duplex from Auto detect to just anything else in the list to see if one worked and when I chose gbps and full duplex the adapter woke up and I could see the light on the router come on for the connected port However it doesn't recognize the network how disloyal it's been using it for years I can now also see the computer listed on the router's page of network connections However the computer thinks this is an unknown public network with no connectivity Here is my ipconfig dump I made some notes in red and the bolded items strike me as WRONG Windows IP Configuration Host Name CarolineSamsung Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection do not know what this is Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection I have a bluetooth device I sometimes use maybe this is that Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet HERE IS MY PROBLEM CHILD Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be something here yes Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B -C - - C-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi working rock solid so far Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BEA-B B- -AF - D B C FE don't know what these tunnel things are Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adap... Read more

A:wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect

Most likely you screwed something up either on the IP for the Ethernet card on your computer, or did it on your Gateway. Check out ezlan.net for further info how to do what you want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67805-wifi-connected-ethernet-card-will-no-longer-connect.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite L875D and it will not connect to my home network. I have use a CenturyLink provided cable 660 Series Modem connected to an Apple Time Capsule router / back up drive. When "connected" to my home network it shoes full bars but is "limited". I have also tried connecting directly to the modem and the router with no luck. My iMac, iPad, all the families iPhones and two other older laptops run perfectly with this set up. Only my new laptop running Windows 8 is having this problem. As a result I can't update to Windows 8.1.

I have limited computer skills (as far as diagnosing and troubleshooting something like this) but any help would be appreciated.

Chris

A:Windows 8 Toshiba Satellite L875D will not connect to WiFi

Originally Posted by chrismug23

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite L875D and it will not connect to my home network. I have use a CenturyLink provided cable 660 Series Modem connected to an Apple Time Capsule router / back up drive. When "connected" to my home network it shoes full bars but is "limited". I have also tried connecting directly to the modem and the router with no luck. My iMac, iPad, all the families iPhones and two other older laptops run perfectly with this set up. Only my new laptop running Windows 8 is having this problem. As a result I can't update to Windows 8.1.

I have limited computer skills (as far as diagnosing and troubleshooting something like this) but any help would be appreciated.

Chris

I'm not sure why the wireless isn't working on your Toshiba L875D.

Toshiba has a special page to help walk you through the upgrade to Windows 8.1. You should use a wired connection for this.

How to Update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38818-windows-8-toshiba-satellite-l875d-will-not-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 66.22%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 66.22%

My wifi connections goes off and only stay disconnecting on keeps other laptop Wifi phones one and connected laptop on on my Hp laptop several times in an hours time It stays off sometimes for two minutes and Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected sometimes for or more minutes My other laptop and phone stay connected to the wifi What do I need to do I found this site thru anther forum and I went to their link they had in the forum and it took me to the InSSider Page of this site I clicked on Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected the download link for WIndows and it downloaded and installed on my computer and then just went back to that same page I thought it was suppose to run a scan analyzer on my computer So where and what do I need to do for it to run a scan on my computer to check the channels being used and possible interference with my wifi Or if there is something else that I need to do to fix my wifi connection issue Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-only-on-one-laptop-other-laptop-and-phones-stay-connected.219141/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Toshiba Satellite E205 running Windows 7 and it will not always stay connected to the internet. If I am doing something like watching movies online or downloading large files I will get kicked off the internet. Then in the taskbar there is an X over my signal bars. After that nothing I do will get it to find a wireless signal. The only way I get the signal back is if I restart the computer. Is there any kind of fix to this problem? I know it is not my internet because my Blue Ray and iPod can stream movies just fine without losing their signal.

A:Toshiba E205 won't stay connected to the internet

when its connected post the following tests and then when it disconnects before rebooting post ALL the tests again

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
all the text will be highlighted
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks&quo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-e205-wont-stay-connected-to-the-internet.1043476/
Relevancy 64.93%

I've been battling this Internet Connected, WIFI Internet - Slow/Dropped Issue but Desktop particular issue for a couple of weeks now without much success I have a custom built desktop where my WIFI connection will deteriorate to the point where internet and gaming over Steam etc will be either painfully slow or unable to load pages at all Windows claims throughout that I am connected to my WIFI network with internet access and good signal even when I cannot reach any internet pages This problem has happened at different locations on different WIFI networks and with different WIFI adapters TP-LINK TL-WDN PCI TRENDnet TEW- UB USB Edimax EW- Un At both locations I have another laptop and a phone that can connect to the WIFI network just fine I even got a couple of the adapters to work fine on the laptop without the issue I've found that disabling NetBIOS seems to temporarily improve matters I'd read Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet elsewhere that that can cause issues but it has not resolved the problem Also Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet I'm getting DNS errors in the Windows event logs quot Name resolution for the name XXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded quot Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet ipconfig results are posted below Images of Xirrus and its connection test are attached Any help is very much appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Doug gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name WUQUIST Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd mn comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection TP Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd mn comcast net Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address E -DE- - B-A -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d e fc c e ba Preferred Temporary IPv Address d e c b c b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe fc c e ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM Default Gateway fe d cbff fe e DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- - - -D - - - - DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -D - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet

Here are the Xirrus results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346908-desktop-wifi-internet-issue-connected-but-slow-dropped-internet.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there I have a weird problem here I have two laptops Laptop A is my personal one using at home Laptop B is my company laptop The problem is about my laptop B When I use my laptop B at work everything works perfectly When I get home this laptop could connect to Skype but just can not browse website I used ping and found that it can only ping IP address instead of websites I first thought that maybe the DNS server was screwed Then I used my laptop A to test Laptop A and Laptop B have the identical settings both use Automatic DHCP server settings on the wireless browse connected is not to but internet connected Laptop , skype can TCP IP are identical Laptop A works fine can ping website and browse websits with a chime I then followed the Instructions and posted the following info and hope someone here could give me some hints BTW I have the genuine windows xp pro cd Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet thanks Hui DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by huis at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Microsoft Virtual Server vmh exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Google Google Pinyin GooglePinyinDaemon exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Red Gate SQL Prompt RedGate SQLPrompt TrayApp exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C virusRemoval dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mpsharepoint it default aspx BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S am... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet

bump please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-connected-to-wireless-skype-is-connected-but-can-not-browse-internet-420049.html
Relevancy 64.5%

We just moved and got a new ISP, and I have not been able to get a good connection through wifi. When I am connected, it usually goes really slow, and drops every so often. It says that I have 5 bars. I sometimes get a decent connect, but it only lasts a couple minutes.
My sister has no problem connecting to the wifi at all on her laptop.
I also have never had any problems connecting to wifi before, and I have been able to connect and have decent speeds at my friend's house.
I'm on windows 7 if that is any help
the router is a Motorola

Relevancy 64.07%

For the last two months my wifi has been dropping randomly and picking back up after a few minutes I use laptop kindle fire ps blu ray player on router conflicting IPs Three days ago I reset my Linksys WRT N router and now cannot get any wifi connection at all only through ethernet no connected,but internet Wifi says connected directly into laptop I ve signed Wifi says connected,but no internet into Lynksys set up page created a domain name Host name and a passphrase I now see newly created network i enter passphrase and says connected but i cannot access the internet I have tried ip release and renew Wifi says connected,but no internet to no avail Also tried running as admin on command prompt and flushing and netsh reset winsock Ip config says media disconnected tunnel adapter local area connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ambie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ambie -pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ANM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca aa ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c df d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description isatap ANM Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C EACDA- - E A-AE F- CFF B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e f febf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f febf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users ambie gt nbsp

A:Wifi says connected,but no internet

after a reset the default for the router would be 192.168.1.1
BUT
you are showing a default gateway connection on your ethernet of 192.168.1.254

Also the wireless adapter is a Atheros AR5007 and under vista , any change in routers or router settings can cause issues

can you explain what you are connected to using the ethernet cable ?

and you should update the wireless driver from the manufacturers website - if that does not work - then from Atheros site

whats the make and model of the PC ?

AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007 Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
> Have Disk
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the zip folder and highlight the .inf file
you should see two files with .inf
Vista 32Bit AR5007 netathv.inf
Vista 64Bit AR5007 netathvx.inf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-says-connected-but-no-internet.1143757/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I
have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.
I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.
I reinstalled Wifi drivers.
I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.
I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a65b07b-a072-47cd-bf10-416200f92809/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

on a dell studio with vista
Wifi signal strength is excellent
Internet explorer can't connect
I run the diagnostic option but don't understand the results

A:Connected to wifi but can't get to Internet

I'll try to help - please post the results here, cut & paste or a screen print, if not briefly what's it saying.

Vista up to date?

Is your internet cable or other, if so what and what speed if you know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569369/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-to-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

My wifi is connected, but when I open any browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer) It loads and then says I have no internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting, but it tells me everything is fine. The Wifi on our other laptop works fine or for my phone; basically any other device works perfectly fine, except my laptop. I've tried using CMD, going back on my Restore Point and nothing has worked, and if it does it's only for 3-5 minutes, and it gives me the same error that I have no internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my laptop for work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-Wifi-but-no-internet/td-p/5672747
Relevancy 64.07%

Recently upgraded my u530 from windows 8 to windows 10 and the internet is no longer working. i have tried everything on the windows website but i am very far anything knowledgable on computer

A:WiFi connected but no internet

Hello and Welcome to Lenovo Community.
It looks as if there are some drivers for network on the Drivers and Software page for the U530 Ideapad (Touch). If that is your model, you could try installing those to see if it helps. Make sure you get the ones for Windows 10 when you search on that page.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-connected-but-no-internet/td-p/3330291
Relevancy 64.07%

Can't get laptop to connect. I have a LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER. I have a laptop with LINKSYS adapter card. Can't connect to internet, keep geting message..
YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE ACESS POINT, BUT THE INTERNET CANNOT BE FOUND. I nosed around and discovered in the settings that it keeps saying..CANNOT OBTAIN IP ADDRESS, etc. and the boxes under TCP/IP CONFIG are empty?? Anyone care to take this one on?

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.I reinstalled Wifi drivers.I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b7f486d-e6b3-4610-8284-60ca6768eb16/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

hi all just got a 2nd hand lappy same as my old one can connect to wifi but when i click to go on net will not have it thanks for help

A:connected to wifi but cant get on Internet

Welcome to BC benchwarmer . We need more information as to what computer model and message do you get when connecting online? Have you tried using both wired or wireless? Please run Minitoolbox from this link : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html and include List Installed Programs on your next reply. When running minitoolbox, make sure you have a status of either wired or wireless connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462138/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut but Internet no connected WIFI down and been giving connectivity issues since Currently I can connect to my WIFI router gain an IP address however I am getting no internet access I have a virtual machine running on the PC with windows XP and this machine does have full internet WIFI connected but no Internet access Problems and resolutions so far Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt I reinstalled Wifi drivers I ran the sfc and chkdisk commands Check disk resolved some issues Netsh winsock reset I did a traceroute and it hit my router after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping link to SPECCY http speccy piriform com results y pd e pGJbq X I'm lost now as everything seems WIFI connected but no Internet to be up just I am unable to browse Any tips would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400309-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 64.07%

OK im sure this is something silly and simple at least I hope it is I have a laptop with wireless I can search for wifi networks like the airport and starbuck find the list of networks available and hit connect and it says conected Then when I open up my Web Browser nothing Page cannot be displayed as tho i have no connection WIFI Internet no but ? to Connected I have tried it with a few different places like the public wifi places and still nothing and even on a private network in my friends house Im sure its a setting or something though I have the automatically detect settings selected in the internet options Its like the computer is connecting to the network but yet its realising that OH I should be using this connection for the Internet Connected to WIFI but no Internet ? Im pretty good at sorting out problems with PCs Windows thou I have no expierence of wireless networks so am totaly lost Hope this makes sense Thanks Paddy nbsp

A:Connected to WIFI but no Internet ?

When you seem to be connected, open a Command window and type
ipconfig /all

Does your wireless show "Yes" for "Dhcp Enabled" and for Autoconfiguration Enabled ? If not, you need to go into your TCP/IP properties and set to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

If your wireless is showing an IP of 169.254.x.y it did not successfully get an IP configuration from the router or server. Is there a chance that the wrong driver is installed--maybe one for the wrong region of the world (for example, US and Canada use channels 1-11 while most of Europe uses channels 1-13).

If not the above, post the ipconfig here. One way to do so is to type
ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt
This will put the results in the ipconfig text file on your hard drive; you can open it with notepad to copy and paste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-no-internet.438861/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey there This is my first post on this forum I hope that I can get some help here Anyways here is the issue that my roommates and I are experiencing with our internet Recently starting just a few weeks ago our internet began acting a bit strange for all of us We are able to constantly stay connected In our network preferences it says we are always connected to the internet with full bars For the most part we all have perfect to 24/7, wifi Connected and still out. internet in goes and fast internet connection but for some unknown reason every minutes or so sometimes shorter sometimes longer we won t be able to load anything on the internet from a range of about - minutes The strange thing is that even during these periods of time where we are unable to load anything as Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out. if we had no wifi connection all of our devices that we use the internet on said that we all still had a perfect connection Even if we are sitting right next to the router with our laptops this issue will still constantly reoccur as i described earlier What s even weirder is that sometimes things like video games on the pc that run in different clients not the internet browser will be able to maintain internet connection when playing online when the internet stops working for everything else That is definitely what confuses me the most How could a video game maintain internet connection for online play on the same wifi yet none of our other devices are able to load anything We won t even be able to use wifi on our phones during that - minute period but it still says on our phones that we are fully connected to our wifi during that time of us not being able to load anything We ve tried everything that we could think of to fix the issue but non of us are IT experts so that s why I decided to come here to ask for help We ve reset the router countless times moved the router to every other area of the house and even purchased a better router model to boost signal range by a good amount The new router got some of us faster connections but the issue still was not resolved Every minutes or so the internet still will always just stop working even though it says on all of our devices that we are maintaining a strong internet wifi connection I m just at a loss of ideas on what to do We called Comcast our internet provider and they said they ll have one of their people come and check it out but they can t come down until Friday I haven t always had the best results with Comcast employees either Is there any way that we could somehow fix this issue It s just the most frustrating thing and all of us are college students who are constantly using the internet for academics Please if there is any help or advice for us we d appreciate it so much Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out.

Try assigning a free public DNS server on the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-24-7-internet-still-goes-in-and-out.1119204/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am far from computer savvy, but I know basic things. Here is my issue...
My HP pavillion dv6000 (yes it's old, I know) wont allow me to use the Internet. It says I am connected to my home wifi with 5 bars signal strength. My iPad and Droid both connect to my wifi and I can use the Internet fine. I actually have 2 Hp pavillion dv6000 laptops, and neither will connect to the Internet! Up until today everything worked fine and all of a sudden I can't open the intent on either one! I called Hp and they were no help. I have read other posts about people having similar problems, and tried the solutions suggested but nothing has worked! I need my laptop only because my wonderful iPad can't do everything I wish it could.

Help!? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I have a toshiba satellite pro 6100 which works fine on my LAN if I have the network unsecured. But as soon as I switch on the WEP on the router to secure the network it will no longer connect no matter what I do.

I have downloaded a driver update but this does not make any difference at all.
I prompts me for the password but then does nothing. I dont get the message to say "Acquiring Network Address"

Can anyone help with this problem.

regards,
Jonathan.

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop (p-750) and a new TP-link TL-WR1043ND router.
The router works fine with my smartphone and Sony PlayStation but my laptop is getting disconnected all the time.

HELP.....

Thanks guys.

A:My Toshiba laptop gets disconnected from wifi

how is your laptop connected to the router - wireless or cable
how often are you getting disconnected

we need to see some further information - quite a long post - but some simple tests, just the explanation is long

Is this the only PC that disconnects - do other devices connected work OK - if so how are they connected to the router - wireless or wired

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

if you are connected by wireless, please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the separate modem, the router is a TP-link TL-WR1043ND

Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the TP-link TL-WR1043ND router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back t... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-gets-disconnected-from-wifi.1079155/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I have this problem that my laptop connects to internet only via WiFi and not through LAN cable. Although this is not a major issue for me but I wonder why this happens? would appreciate and assistance in sorting this out.

Thanks

A:Laptop works only on WiFi and not when connected via Lan Cable

For an attempted ethernet connection ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-works-only-on-wifi-and-not-when-connected-via-lan-cable.1110313/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

This problem has been ongoing for a few months now, butonly seems to happen when I'm connected to virgin wifi, not bt.
I have windows 7.
My laptop says I have full wifi signal and connected to the internet. However when I open up either chrome or internet explorer, neither work. Chrome takes a while to try and load the page, then comes up with this web page is not available and ERR_REFUSED_CONNECTION.
Have tried everything I can think if (virgin when tried to help me over the phone but couldn't really) please help! (Am not that techy so not sure what to do!)
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-internet-not-working.1155685/
Relevancy 63.21%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Help, please. I have a laptop that shows the yellow triangle on the WiFi tray icon. Other devices can connect to the same router without issues.
1) I tried using a wired connection with no success in connecting to the internet.
2) I tested the hardware using Ubuntu LiveUSB and was successful in connecting the laptop to the router.

Below is the output from ipconfig /all is attached.

A:Wifi Connected and No Internet Access

Any yellow marks show in Device Manager? Have you installed the driver for your Wireless and Lan cards/devices?

See here: Product Support | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367788-wifi-connected-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
Recently I discovered I had Adpeakproxy exe virus on my Pc, so I went to malwaretips.com to learn how to exterminate it. I ddownloaded adwcleaner and ran it. Afterwards, my internet stop working even though my wifi is connected and stated I have internet access.
After I was "block" from my internet, I went to my programs to see if I had any other virus. i found I had Scorpion icon on my programs which I never seen before. i checked and found it was a malware. I proceedes to delete and elimate it using bleepingcomputer guide. Afterward I check my pc and the internet still doesnt work even though im connect and have internet access. Now Im really frustated.
Please help very much.

A:I can't access my internet even though my wifi is connected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518889 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518889/i-cant-access-my-internet-even-though-my-wifi-is-connected/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:[Windows 8] WIFI connected but no internet

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.1077053/
Relevancy 63.21%

After installing Windows 10 today my WiFi will not connect. I have installed (Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adaptor) sp71571 and when i connect wifi it will say no internet secured plzzz suggest me how to fix this problem....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connected-but-say-no-internet-secured/td-p/5697957
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 2 PCs and 1 Xbox 360 connected to my router most of the time. 1 PC is wired and the rest are wireless. My router is a Netgear Rangemax WPN824v3.

My problem is that sometime, randomly, the internet will quit working through wireless, but work fine with wired. I will still be connected to wireless, but all internet access will just stop. Leading to me having to power cycle it just to access the internet again.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys, I have this problem that's been giving me a headache these days... I have a Dell XPS L502x with Intel centrino n6230 in tow.
Well, the laptop was working fine and all but started to have this weird connection drops in my work now and then, I blamed the router. Then it started loosing connection in my home too, it shows that the WiFi is connected and when I hover over the WiFi icon it says "internet access" but whenever I tried to access a webpage it won't connect... I blamed the network adapter and tried reinstalling and reinstalling the drivers and changing settings but none of it worked.
It literally is driving me crazy, but before I refresh the system I wanted to see if you guys can help me out!
Thanks in advance

A:HELP! WiFi connected but cannot access internet!

If you really do have internet access you should be able to ping a DNS server located somewhere outside your network. open a command prompt, Start > run > enter "cmd" and hit enter. type in "ping 8.8.8.8" if you get a response in replies you know that its technically working and connected to the internet.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62642-help-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:WIFI Connected but no internet access

Can you connect by ethernet?

Why can't you uninstall McAfee? Did it get all tangled up with Norton? Tried the McAfee Removal Tool?

If/when you need to uninstall Norton Symantec has the Norton Removal Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access.1077047/
Relevancy 63.21%

Windows Lumina 950 XL has connected to my secure wifi but has no internet connection. Phone sent in for repair three times each time returned same problem. Last time phone replaced guess what same problem. This is clearly a windows 10 software problem. WHY do windows not fix it? They have more monet than Croesus yet continue to allow customers to have on going problems Steve Jobs would not have tolerated this. Tried phining help line they deny there is a problem and suggest it is my wifi! All my other devices connect and have internet access including my windows phone running windows 8. There are so many posts about this issue why is it not fixed. The phone is useless without wifi internet connection I am certainley not going to updates backups etc over my paid for data bundle.

A:wifi connected but no internet connection

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Windows Lumina 950 XL has connected to my secure wifi but has no internet connection. Phone sent in for repair three times each time returned same problem. Last time phone replaced guess what same problem. This is clearly a windows 10 software problem. WHY do windows not fix it? They have more monet than Croesus yet continue to allow customers to have on going problems Steve Jobs would not have tolerated this. Tried phining help line they deny there is a problem and suggest it is my wifi! All my other devices connect and have internet access including my windows phone running windows 8. There are so many posts about this issue why is it not fixed. The phone is useless without wifi internet connection I am certainley not going to updates backups etc over my paid for data bundle. A soft reset (or a reboot of both phone and router) alway fixed it temporarly, so you can update to last build in which problem was fixed

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438925-wifi-connected-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Using inspiron 5200 with windows 8, internet is showing that it is connected on the taskbar, is sending/receiving information. Browser is not working. Was working fine until I connected directly to the modem instead of wireless, now cannot access internet using any browser. When I open windows mobility center the icon for wireless network is missing. Any help?

A:Cant browse internet using wifi even though connected

Was it working when wired and now not working wireless? Or not working either way?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24871-cant-browse-internet-using-wifi-even-though-connected.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,
Here and about a month i have a problem with my internet connection.I use a modem with wifi support and all this years(2) my hp 620 laptop with windows 7 home premium x64 connect successfully , but now after a couple of minutes my network(wifi) icon shows me that i'm fine connected in the internet but when i'm trying to go for example to google with deferrent browsers(Mozilla,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera) it just not connecting.
I'vw try many fixes(install,reinstall driver , even i called tech support for my modem and they do not do anything).What can i do?
Sorry for my bad english,i'm from Greece and i'm still practising XD

A:Wifi Connected but cannot access in Internet

Need more info:

> What is the model of the modem?
> If it is a driver issue it should show up in device manager with a "yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark" - is this what you have?
> Have you installed any new hardware or driver related software around the time the problem occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302338-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey folks!

I have tried W7 for about a week now, and I love it! I have one problem though; Windows connects to my wireless router at startup, but I have to wait 2-5 minutes before I can access the internet, Spotify and e.g. Live Messenger.

Programs like for example Windows Update and F-Secure downloads updates and stuff, but I can't surf on the internet or log on to Spotify.

There seems to be some kind of delay..

Any ideas?

A:WiFi connected, but no internet (delay)

same issue for me, once connected, it seems that Ie for example cannot have access for some time to the TCP-IP stack

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2934-wifi-connected-but-no-internet-delay.html
Relevancy 63.21%

It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing.

Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs.

Still happened on both. Restored Windows 10 to before their critical update and the netgear usb wifi adaptrr (A6210) works. Be careful not to clean up after a Windows update as that can kill the restore possibility. Thanks Mickeysoft.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53677-usb-wifi-adapter-connected-no-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Every time I log into my Toshiba laptop I get two boxes pop up one says,..
C:\Users\Kimberly\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll
C:\Users\Kimberly\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll
Is this the reason my internet won't connect? I wish I could just make like it was when I very first got it put it back to factory state totally.
I know nothing really about computers so I'm sure I probably erased something I really needed. Or something stupid like that.
Help me please!!!! Lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-connected-but-nothing-that-uses-internet-is-working.1147579/
Relevancy 63.21%

Can anyone help me with my problem please. I have a netbook N150 on Windows 7 and have free wifi at home which was working fine until a few days ago. Now it says that it's connected but there is no internet access and will not connect to a homegroup either anymore which it was set on before.
Since this I have been able to connect at my mother in laws house with her wifi.
My partner has a laptop on Windows XP and the same has happened to his.
Any suggestions please?? Thank you.

A:Wifi connected but no internet access!!

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

What is the source of your Wifi? You need to contact whoever administrates the connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access-833986.html