Windows Support Forum

Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired)

Q: Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired)

My ISP is Wave Broadband I run Solved: on slow computer one Internet (wired) only my coaxial cable into Wave s modem and then my ethernet cables out from there to other wired locations in the house In the upstairs wired computer i consistently get mbps download speeds but for some reason on the desktop downstairs I occassionally only get - mbps if I reboot the computer it then fixes itself and gets the blazing speeds again Even if I leave the computer idle but connected the speed eventually gets degraded back down to - mbps I never get something in between I had Wave come out and connect to that cable and they got on their laptop and when I connect Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired) my laptop I also always get so it is definitely my desktop computer Icannot figure out why a simple reboot fixes it but then it degrades obviously triggered by something We fully ran virus scans and cleanups and updated all the drivers I do not have AMD Quickstream and there is no router involved except the ISP s and we have eliminated that as a probem sinceother computers have been tested on it on various Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired) ports and all work well This was not a problem for a year until about - weeks ago It is a Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired) year old Dell Windows and runs great so I am a bit confused why this would happen so drastically and is always remedied temporarily by a reboot Thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, I`m using an DLINK 5000B modem, with an DLINK DIR-601 wireless router, since yesterday I`ve been experiencing slow internet in the PC connected directly to the router, wired.
I`m writing this from my netbook, wich is fine, normal internet speed.

What I`ve tried:
AVG anti-virus - nothing
Reset modem & router - nothing
Changing DNS - nothing
Calling ISP - nothing
Hijackthis log analysis through hijackthis.de - nothing suspicious

Am I really infected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341042/slow-internet-in-wired-computer-but-normal-in-netbook/
Relevancy 71.38%

I live in a converted garage at the end of a garden which has a wired connection to the router in the main house. The connection speed is spotty and fluctuates between downloading at around 100-200kBs and having a ping of around 30 in online games (rare) or download rates measure in bytes (normal). Google takes about 10 seconds to load and I can't access steam. I was wondering if this was due to the length of the cable running the length of the garden (about 20m) or some other issue - it is not the computer as I get the same result with my laptop and my desktop, both of which have no trouble when connecting in the main house.

Thanks!

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a home network that uses a DLINK DIR- router All of my devices a mix of wireless and wired except one--a windows xp SP desktop that connecting WinXPSP3 Solved: to computer Wired Internet not stopped working yesterday Some viruses and adware were detected and it has not worked since then What I have done Run AVG Ad-aware and hijackthis to clean up the machine Run netsh WINSOCK reset and netsh int ip reset to try to reset the network Checked Solved: Wired WinXPSP3 computer not connecting to Internet to make sure the wired port was working plugged one of my laptops into it and it was fine Checked the DLINK for any strange settings---no apparent issues The XP machine gets an IP address and can ping the router and other devices on my network It will not ping any public sites although once in a blue moon out of packets is accepted by google I am not forwarding the DNS on the router turned that off based on other troubleshooting sites so I have to manually enter an IP when i was forwarding it resolved the public address but could not connect Any ideas or suggestions Will provide other details if needed nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi There Currently have two laptops with once internet router We have a -Port Mbps Desktop Switch TL-SF D Rather than connect directly to the router we want to connect the laptops to the switch so both laptops can be connected to the internet at the same time On one of the laptops a Toshiba T the internet works both when connected directly to the router and to the 1 Another not work Internet does Switch Via Solved: for Computer Does Wired for switch On a second laptop a Dell the internet works when connected directly to the router but not when connected to the switch We have checked both cables so something must be wrong with the Dell Any ideas The IPConfig All for the Toshiba when connected directly to the router is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name BSCNotebook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - A- - C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address -A -D - -AF- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network from TOSHIBA Physical Address - - A-F - -E The IPConfig All for the Toshiba when connected to the switch is Code Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another Windows IP Configuration Host Name BSCNotebook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - A- - C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address -A -D - -AF- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network from TOSHIBA Physical Address - - A-F - -E The IPConfig All for the Dell when connected DIRECTLY to the Router is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -C - - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM The IPConfig All for the Dell when connected to the switch is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -C - - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Clearly there is something wrong here Any ideas Thankyou nbsp

A:Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-internet-via-switch-does-not-work-for-1-computer-does-for-another.1121911/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a problem that I have been racking my brain over for the last few weeks.
I have 4 computers networked in my house for internet sharing. My main computer is hard wired to my router (wrt54g).
My problem is, the computer that is hard wired will lose internet connection but it will still show I am connected. I can jump on any of the other computer that are connected with a wireless connection and I can surf to my heart's content. I can reboot the problem computer and it will re-establish internet connection, but only for a little while.
Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If any additional information is needed I will be more than happy to provide it.

A:Solved: Problems with dropped internet connection on hard wired computer but not on w

Let's see the following from the computer after it loses it's connection.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-with-dropped-internet-connection-on-hard-wired-computer-but-not-on-w.806835/
Relevancy 61.92%

It s been a long time since I have been on these forums I figured I would run this by everyone though I think I know the answer My desktop wired internet Comcast is slow starting up and loading Wi-Fi Wired not Slow but Internet pages on and off hang time Slow Wired Internet but not Wi-Fi snd somtimes takes a few tries to get the page though downloads are fine generally E-mail starts slowly then runs fine once all the new messages download There are days the desktop runs like dial-up and days semi-normal My daughters have no problem using the Wi-Fi connection from the router with their laptops and their speed is good The desktop will at times load the page then blank out and load again Yahoo mostly I have a Dell Dimension E and am running Windows XP My router is a D-Link DIR- I have configured the desktop to to get max efficiency I am no way an expert but my opinion is the desktop itself is the problem- it is getting old and dated I say that becaise some programs start up slowly Comcast just ran some new lines in the neighborhood aftwer I had a Tech in as I was getting intermittant loss of internet and phone service which are on the same line That has cleared up but the desktop is till slow BTW I am in the process of looking for a new computer and favor the Dell Inspiron S - any other suggestions Thanks

A:Slow Wired Internet but not Wi-Fi

Maybe this would help with a slow computer? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic44690.htmlTo find out your internet speed/quality, you can either use Speedtest.net or Speakeasy Speed Test.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369677/slow-wired-internet-but-not-wi-fi/
Relevancy 61.92%

Good afternoon!

I have two PCs, wired to a Linksys WRT54GC router, which is connected to a Motorola modem, which is connected to my cable internet. PC1, the one in which i am posting this on, connects to the internet just fine (well, the computer is a little slow but that's another issue.)

PC2 is not so lucky. PC2 is a Dell Dimension 4600. PC2 does not connect very well to the internet. It IS connected, i can surf the internet via IE at roughly dial-up speed. I installed StarCraft, and it's update service had no issues downloading the newest patch. However, AVG has no such downloading luck. I dled it from PC1, flashdrived it to PC2 where it tries to execute an update at a download rate of a blazing 3 kb/s I can ping the IP address and websites with no issue. I have downloaded the latest drivers for my Ethernet port thing.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 61.49%

I'm helping a friend troubleshoot a slow connection and we can't seem to figure out what the problem is only his wired only Slow on Very Internet wired connection pc has the issue wireless devices don't have any problem Things we tried Running netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ipv reset Very Slow Internet only on wired connection reset Very Slow Internet only on wired connection log Setting the connection to mb full duplex a different port on the router plugging the pc directly into the modem Heres a speedtest Very Slow Internet only on wired connection http www speedtest net my-result and a pingpath Tracing route to google com over a maximum of hops XXXXXXX blk- - - eastlink ca blk- - - eastlink ca ns-hlfx-br ns eastlink ca google eastlink ca lax s -in-f e net Computing statistics for seconds Source to Here This Node Link Hop RTT Lost Sent Pct Lost Sent Pct Address Liam-PC ms ms blk- - - eastlink ca ms blk- - - eastlink ca ms ms ns-hlfx-br ns eastlink ca ms google eastlink ca ms --- --- --- --- --- --- ms lax s -in-f e net Trace complete

A:Very Slow Internet only on wired connection

Do other PCs directly wired to the router have the same issue? What kind of router is it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538293/very-slow-internet-only-on-wired-connection/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi allIdeacentre, new from the box, the wifi and wired internet are exremely slow.I tried everything, including updating all the network drivers and resetiing my router and modem.Other computers in the house have no issues.A friend told me that she has a lenovo laptop with the same problem. Is it possible that Lenovo just have problems with internet connectivity? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Slow-wired-wireless-internet/td-p/3357866
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I am at my wits end with to when wired router slow internet this problem and am desperately hoping someone here slow internet when wired to router can help I am running windows home premium slow internet when wired to router bit on a new AMD Quad core system slow internet when wired to router AMD Athlon II x processors I have Gb of ram with a gigabyte motherboard and nvidia ethernet controller and Ralink wireless LAN card I have been running the system for quite a few months now with no problems and then I had to move the computer to an area where the wireless signal was going to have a tough time getting through - this is where it all starts going pear shaped I ran a network cable along skirtings through door frames etc from my Netgear DG g V router to the computer and connected it up - connected it to the internet and my network no problem except that my speed to the intenet is now in the region of - kbps I have an Mbs broadband connection and through the wireless connection before I moved the computer I was getting anywhere between and kbps I have been able to eliminate the following dodgy network lead - if I unplug it from the back of my computer and plug it into my laptop running XP I can connect to the internet at between and kbps Router for reasons stated above Homegroup issues am not using the homegroup functionality IPv have never used this - it is not enabled Drivers network controller router motherboard etc etc - have spent ages ensuring these are the most up to date versions for my hardware Firewall Antivirus - I am using Zone Alarm and AVG and have turned them both off with no change to my connectivity Conflict between wired and wireless network controllers I disabled the wireless controller I have tried starting in safe mode with networking - no difference shutting down all running processes via the task manager with no difference tweaking each setting on the network controller speed duplex settings etc - each time checking to see if there had been any change - there was none installing Malwarebytes to see if that could identify any issues - it didn't Running the network troubleshooter - it just comes back and says that everything is fine and it couldn't find a problem Disabled Autotuning from a tip on the web - no effect Removing RDC another web tip - no effect I have reverted to enabling my wirless connection again but this isn't a long term solution for me - does anyone please have any suggestions Thanks

A:slow internet when wired to router

Quote: Originally Posted by ukko

Hi

I am at my wits end with this problem and am desperately hoping someone here can help. I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit on a new AMD Quad core system (AMD Athlon II x 4 630 processors). I have 4Gb of ram with a gigabyte motherboard and nvidia ethernet controller and Ralink wireless LAN card. I have been running the system for quite a few months now with no problems and then I had to move the computer to an area where the wireless signal was going to have a tough time getting through - this is where it all starts going pear shaped!!

I ran a network cable (along skirtings, through door frames etc.) from my Netgear DG843g(V4) router to the computer and connected it up - connected it to the internet and my network no problem, except that my speed to the intenet is now in the region of 150 - 350kbps. I have an 8Mbs broadband connection and through the wireless connection (before I moved the computer) I was getting anywhere between 3500 and 4500kbps. I have been able to eliminate the following;
dodgy network lead - if I unplug it from the back of my computer and plug it into my laptop (running XP) I can connect to the internet at between 5000 and 6000kbps.
Router (for reasons stated above).
Homegroup issues (am not using the homegroup functionality)
IPv6 (have never used this - it is not enabled)
Drivers (network controller, router, motherboard etc. etc. - have spent ages ensuring these are the most up to date versions for my hardware).
Firewall/Antivirus - I am using Zone Alarm and AVG and have turned them both off with no change to my connectivity.
Conflict between wired and wireless network controllers (I disabled the wireless controller)
I have tried;
starting in safe mode with networking - no difference
shutting down all running processes via the task manager with no difference
tweaking each setting on the network controller (speed/duplex settings etc.) - each time checking to see if there had been any change - there was none.
installing Malwarebytes to see if that could identify any issues - it didn't
Running the network troubleshooter - it just comes back and says that everything is fine and it couldn't find a problem!
Disabled Autotuning (from a tip on the web) - no effect
Removing RDC (another web tip) - no effect.
I have reverted to enabling my wirless connection again but this isn't a long term solution for me - does anyone please have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nice Post thanks
Do us a favor and ping the routers IP. I would like to see the response time.

How long is the cable, cat 5e, or cat 6?

If you want to save time run an ipconfig /all and snapshot the output and upload.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/116690-slow-internet-when-wired-router.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I'm brand new here but i'm stuggling with this problem.

i have a dell laptop that i recently restored to the factory image and ever since it has been horrible on my wireless network. Here are some baselines using speakeasy.

On Wired ethernet connections I average 20 mbs; wireless i barely get 0.5 mbs

I have 2 other computers in the house that i checked both wireless and wired and they are both consistently fast regardless of connection type.

I have Avast installed and Malwarebytes and neither have detected any viruses.

I've checked my start programs and there is hardly anything running. I also think the computer is working just fine; only slow internet.

what else can I do?

Relevancy 59.77%

It's taking almost 20 minutes to connect to internet with wired HP; but no problem at all with wireless. Message reads "web site found waiting fore reply". Using cable broadband connection. Did troubleshooting with provider but problem is not theirs since the wireless is not having a problem. Tried to download IE VS 7, but computer froze during download. Once I finally connect, I can go from site to site with no problem and at regular speed. All other software running just fine.

A:Slow Connection to Internet w/Wired; Wireless no problem

Hiya and welcome

Just to rule out any spware issues, and to see a list of starting programs, can you do the following:

Click here and then scroll down to and click on hijackthis self installer to download HJTsetup.exe

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-to-internet-w-wired-wireless-no-problem.634544/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently clean installed windows 7 on an ssd i bought for my custom built computer and after installing all the updates and every driver has even been updated to the latest, I still have slow internet speeds and that's with my ethernet and wirless adapter.

I have google just about everything and can't seem to find how to fix this, but some help would be every appreciated.

Also, I'm not sure which specs and info you need to know for this but just tell me what you need to know and I'll post it in the next reply.

A:Slow internet speed with wired and wireless connection

Use this to test your internet speed and see if you are getting what you are paying for.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

What internet method are you using? (DSL, Cable ect.)

From your specs.

Quote:
Antivirus none
Browser Chrome

No anti virus is not wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/398848-slow-internet-speed-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have two Windows 7 Laptops that connect to a Motorola SURFboard eXtreme cable modem SB6121. Suddenlink (cable provider) recently upgraded our network which gives 50 MPS speeds or more. I can only get 50 MPS when I disable wireless on my laptop and connect with a direct cable. Otherwise I get 20 MPS maximum speed. I borrowed a Windows 8 PC this weekend and was getting 51 MPS speed using wireless through the same modem. Any ideas of what could be causing this issue?

A:Windows 7 internet speed slow on wireless, but fast on wired

Maybe that`s all the wireless card can do, post the exact make and model of the windows 7 laptop and we`ll look into it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360358-windows-7-internet-speed-slow-wireless-but-fast-wired.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I am brand new to this site and in DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR HELP Here s my current issue This has been going on for about a month now My internet speed on my wired ethernet desktop computer have been extremely slow Webpages would take forever to load When trying to run a speedtest on speedtest net the page would not even load but would run fine on tablets and mobile phone I even tried disconnecting my desktop and plugging the same ethernet cord into my laptop and it runs perfectly fine getting around mb down what I m suppose to get I ve ran virus scan and everything checks out clean I also checked and updated the network adapters I even saw on another forum something about an AMD Quick Stream but I don t believe I have this on my computer I ve also delt with ISP AT amp T Uverse and they already replaced my router twice but still have not solved the problem I m getting an upgraded router next week to support mb download and technician will be out here to install new wires and among other things they claim this should fix the problem as the upgrade will be like a brand new install Just an FYI I m not that technical so please be very detailed when giving your instructions suggestions Please let me know if other information is needed too address the problem Thanks in advance for your help This is really my last resort Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows connected on only when wired is desktop...normal Internet slow laptop Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DELL Inc X H Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Internet only slow on wired desktop...normal when laptop is connected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-only-slow-on-wired-desktop-normal-when-laptop-is-connected.1146831/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys I found this forum because I am having lots of frustrations dealing with my new laptop that I got yesterday It is an ASUS K IJ-RBR with Windows Home Premium -Bit Pentium dual core CPU T GHz GB Ram The Network adapters are Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethernet Controller and Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Before I bought this laptop I had an year old laptop with XP and my internet speed was blazing fast Internet pages would load super fast and youtube videos would play just as soon as I hit play I Laptop: ASUS K50IJ-RBR7 Wired SLOW Internet is only had GB of Ram on that laptop as well I have charter communications cable internet and I am hard wired into a Linksys CM cable modem As soon as I switched to my new ASUS laptop and got everything installed and setup I noticed extremely slow download speeds and page loading speeds It literally takes minutes to navigate from website to ASUS K50IJ-RBR7 Laptop: Wired Internet is SLOW website I also noticed that when I was downloading Adobe flash player it was downloading at kbs Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem I already called charter and spent an hour on the phone with ASUS K50IJ-RBR7 Laptop: Wired Internet is SLOW a troubleshooter and he said that my internet connection is testing and pinging great from his end He even had me goto speedtest net and test my speed and it was saying download speed was MBs and upload MBs and ping around But when I physically try to load pages and download programs I am not getting those speeds to translate onto my PC The troubleshooter then had me to log into Safe mode with networking and try a few things and he said that my speeds were testing even higher while in that mode but as soon as we switch back to normal windows bit mode my speeds decrease significantly So he insists that I am having some sort of software problems on my end since the connection is testing great Any suggestions Thanks Trav

A:ASUS K50IJ-RBR7 Laptop: Wired Internet is SLOW

Quote: Originally Posted by TravisD

Hi guys. I found this forum because I am having lots of frustrations dealing with my new laptop that I got yesterday. It is an ASUS K50IJ-RBR7 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. Pentium dual core CPU T4500 2.30 GHz, 4 GB Ram. The Network adapters are Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller and Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter.

Before I bought this laptop I had an 8 year old laptop with XP and my internet speed was blazing fast. Internet pages would load super fast and youtube videos would play just as soon as I hit play. I only had 1 GB of Ram on that laptop as well. I have charter communications cable internet and I am hard wired into a Linksys CM100 cable modem. As soon as I switched to my new ASUS laptop and got everything installed and setup, I noticed extremely slow download speeds and page loading speeds. It literally takes 2 minutes to navigate from website to website. I also noticed that when I was downloading Adobe flash player it was downloading at 10kbs??? Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem?

I already called charter and spent an hour on the phone with a troubleshooter and he said that my internet connection is testing and pinging great from his end. He even had me goto speedtest.net and test my speed and it was saying download speed was 7 MBs and upload 2 MBs and ping around 240. But when I physically try to load pages and download programs I am not getting those speeds to translate onto my PC. The troubleshooter then had me to log into Safe mode with networking and try a few things and he said that my speeds were testing even higher while in that mode, but as soon as we switch back to normal windows 7 64 bit mode my speeds decrease significantly. So he insists that I am having some sort of software problems on my end since the connection is testing great. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Trav

Often errant drivers can cause this sort of latency. Please download and run this checker. DPC Latency Checker

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/132264-asus-k50ij-rbr7-laptop-wired-internet-slow.html
Relevancy 59.34%

It all started out a week ago with random times where my internet speed would drop drastically but after about 5 minutes it would go back to normal. Then about 5 days ago I couldn't connect to cable with my cable modem the activity light would just pop green over and over again. I used cycling over and over and couldn't get it to work. Finally just today I cycled it and was able to connect to the cable. Whereas earlier I was connected to my network with "no internet access" now I have internet access. Now even thought I'm connected my speeds are at an all time low and I have no ideas why. Any help would be very appreciated!

A:Problem With Wired Internet Connection Extremely Slow Speeds

Hello,

2 things for you to try:
Update your Atheros driver to the latest.
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-network-drivers.php

Make sure that Obtain DNS is set to obtain auto on both wired and wireless connections.
Computer Tips and Help at SpotHT: How to Configure DHCP in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184864-problem-wired-internet-connection-extremely-slow-speeds.html
Relevancy 58.48%

OK so upgrading my parent s wireless They have cable wired computers one wireless laptop I put in an older Linksys flashed to Tomato but it is pretty slow compared to the newer wireless standards Going to get them a new wireless router like the one I have I have one wired one wireless same cable company for internet My laptop gets around down up my desktop around down up using SpeedOf Me to test At Computer Is Wired Setting And One Network, Slow Very Wireless Up the folks one wired computer gets very similar to mine the other wired one gets down up all Mbps The one in question has a latency of over while even my iPhone has latency So long story short Setting Up Wired And Wireless Network, One Computer Is Very Slow what usually causes such high latency Will replace the wireless router at their house Tuesday and of course test the cables but their laptop is way faster on the wireless router than the wired one is So I don t suspect an issue with the Cat Never seen upload higher than download Weird nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/setting-up-wired-and-wireless-network-one-computer-is-very-slow.308024/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I am new to this forum I need some help configuring a network for a future hotspot plan Pardon my verbose as my exact situation needs a lot of description and some explanation Internet W 4G hotspot network mode to Help second serving Internet wired with Solved: I plan to get a Samsung SCH-LC via USCellular for Internet service for both my daily on-site use of my computer and at home for gaming etc Presently we have Wildblue ViaSat satellite Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode Internet connected to a D-Link DGL- Gigabit Ethernet LAN modem Unfortunately satellite Internet has a lot of quot lag quot ping time near ms so it can not be used for multiplayer gaming and there is always a second or more delay when we click on stuff in web browsers Some particular web sites take an excruciating amount of time to load a page especially https and all those sites that require access to multiple sites in order to load and it is getting worse as the pages get more complicated Whats more when I upload things to my company website that I administrate myself it is also excruciatingly slow as our upload speed is much less than download We have a plan that allows for GB mo download and we currently are at used Big files download pretty fast getting almost KB sec but uploads are lt KB sec The US Cellular hotspot offers and GB mo download limits and is the max affordable for me overages are nearly the same price GB anyway It uses the Samsung SCH-LC unit I have network printers a Tivo continuously wired computers one Asus Zenbook W wi-fi that I hook up to the Ethernet when home a NAS for company data backup NOT a Windows Home Server and one quot tablet that currently uses a D-Link DIR- router g n u hooked up to the LAN Ethernet too And of course the satellite Internet modem All these run through the D-Link DGL- and a couple of multi-port dumb switches The question is can I hook up the Samsung SCH-LC behind an Ethernet firewall router my D-Link DGL- along W the Satellite modem so both will supply the Internet connection one at a time I have no problem with turning one or the other off so that only one will supply Internet The thing is I am not sure how to set up a wi-fi receiver behind the D-Link DGL- firewall to supply the entire LAN The D-Link DIR- router is set up to serve as an Internet connection for wilreless not to receive one via wireless to serve the LAN I am not adverse to setting up one computer as an Internet server for it perhaps adding a network card for a second Ethernet port but I just don t know if that s the best plan The topology would change when I didn t have the Samsung hotspot meaning at that point the system would have to get the Internet from the satellite modem If I set up one of my computers to do that then said couputer would have to have the Internet connections manually changed in order to get the Internet from the modem PITA What s more I would have to leave said computer on to get the US Cellular hotspot Eventually I want to cancel the satellite Internet altogether I have mos left on my contract and it will cost the same if I cancel right now and what s more I am unsure if the US Cellular hotspot reception will be good enough in my exact location I am out in the boondocks but the coverage map shows my spot to be quot very good quot with quot good quot just a couple hundred yards away We have problems W trees and the wet leaves and snow in the wintertime as evident by the TV signal reception problems we cannot get cable so I need to test the reception - for many months - before relying on the US Cellular hotspot permanently I use this for my business so reliability is crucial Here is a link to the US Cellular device page http www uscellular com mobile-hotspots index html nbsp

A:Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-4g-hotspot-internet-serving-to-wired-network-w-second-internet-mode.1073971/
Relevancy 57.62%

Some kind of trojan invaded my computer I believe I ran Symantec and it deleted a bunch of entries but the auto-protect kept popping up to block something labeled Downloader and file quot kernel exe quot I was eventually able to delete it in safe mode after turning off the internet, Pop-ups, computer slow Solved: slow etc. system restore But then the auto-protect kept blocking Adware Webbuying with file name qmlqrib dll both of these were in system folder according to the log but there was no file by that name anywhere I ran Ad-Aware which removed two entries with a level threat assessment named BookedSpace and Win TrojanClicker however the Adware Webbuying continued to be blocked by Symantec I then ran Spybot which found and deleted numerous entries and I no longer get auto-protect for Adware Webbuying However I continue to get pop-ups internet is slower computer is slower and it seems to prevent downloads after a certain point in time haven t made it past of a file from various different sites ranging from - MB Who knows Solved: Pop-ups, slow internet, slow computer etc. what else it is doing Solved: Pop-ups, slow internet, slow computer etc. hopefully not downloading my personal data Please lend me a hand Solved: Pop-ups, slow internet, slow computer etc. if you can Thanks I have included my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS j exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - C - F - F - E B- F C - O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MIC... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I am new here I heard this and very well. Computer internet slow as Solved: too slow is a great place to post all my computer problems I hope I Solved: Computer too slow and internet very slow as well. can get some help here My computer is very slow and so is my internet I can t manage to get some sites open because it is too slow I do not know what is wrong with it but it looks like there is a virus or something like that I do not know exactly what to do but I wish you can help me with this This is my hijackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files LANDesk Shared Files residentagent exe C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus FSGK EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FSMA EXE C Program Files LANDesk LDClient LocalSch EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FSMB EXE C WINDOWS system CBA pds exe C Program Files LANDesk LDClient tmcsvc exe C PROGRA LANDesk LDClient issuser exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C PROGRA LANDesk LDClient rcgui exe C PROGRA LANDesk LDClient collector exe C PROGRA LANDesk LDClient LDregwatch exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FCH EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files LANDesk LDClient softmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsqh exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FNRB EXE C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fssm exe C Program Files F-Secure FSAUA program fsaua exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FIH EXE C Program Files F-Secure FWES Program fsdfwd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsav exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FSM EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files F-Secure FSGUI fsguidll exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page ht... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

My computer has wired connection with the router, but I want my laptop to have internet aswell. Apperantly wireless will not work with the router I have so I need to find another way to get internet connection on my laptop. I was going to connect an ethernet cable with my laptop but there is already a ethernet in my pc connected to the router. What I have: USB WLAN adapter(from old pc), a cable with at both sides a USB 2.0 port, Windows 7. The laptop and pc can make wireless connection but not with this router. What can I do to get internet on my laptop aswell? Thanks in advance.

A:Internet on Laptop by a wired computer?

Obviously connecting the laptop to the router by ethernet or getting a wireless router are the best and easiest solutions.

With what you have you also can create an ad-hoc wireless connection between the computers and then enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the ethernet connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-on-laptop-by-a-wired-computer.1053198/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a Sky Broadband router and modem with a downstream of 40mb and an upstream of 10mb. On the downstairs computer which is directly connected to it I get the full connection. However on my upstairs computer which is connected via an Ethernet adapter (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) I am getting a conenction of 0.35mb downstream and 2 upstream, the story is the same for wireless connection (Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter).

When I connect the upstairs computer via wire which is connected to the router I get full connection.

Any help on this annoying matter would be greatly appriciated

A:Wired internet slower on two computer

if you put a pc near - 3-6ft away from the router connect by wireless and also make sure no other PC is connected to the network

what performance do you get via wireless now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-internet-slower-on-two-computer.1088258/
Relevancy 56.76%

In my house, I have my laptop on our wireless internet and I have one of my desktops on my wired internet. I don't want to have to spend my time or money and getting a wireless driver for it and with that I ran into a problem. For years my wired internet has worked the best out of all my computer, but now only my wireless signal is going out. I have the desktop plugged in to the router and everything. Just no internet? why? What can I do to fix it?

A:Solved: Wireless internet Connection, but no wired internet?

Double check the cable connections at both ends. Computer end and router end.

Turn off the router for 5 minutes. (unplug from power)

Shut down the computers. Both.

Plug the router back in.

Restart one computer at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-but-no-wired-internet.923287/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey
I'm in Australia and my ISP is Telstra Bigpond. I have a Telstra 2071-A modem and a Blekin N wireless router. I am using the wireless computer atm because the wired computer cannot stay connected to the internet for longer than a couple of minutes if at all. This computer has no issues at all with its connection.
No idea what this could be as I have not done much in the way of networking

A:Internet wont work on wired computer

Does the wireless computer work with a wired connection to the router? I'd like to determine if this is the computer or the router.

I'd also try booting the wired computer in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it disconnects the same way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-wont-work-on-wired-computer.812226/
Relevancy 56.33%

Alright, here's the deal. My house has a network of 3 computers: my mom's XP wireless laptop, my dad's XP wireless desktop, and my Vista wired desktop. Now, the problem is that from time to time, my internet will just go out. I still have the network, but no internet. (the little icon just shows the computer icon, it'd have a blue globe if it had internet and a red X over it if it was disconnected) It does this for hours at a time, randomly, maybe a once or twice every 2 weeks. Restarting, unplugging and replugging the ethernet cord doesn't fix it. Meanwhile, my parent's XP's are working just fine. Any ideas what might be causing this? Our router is a WRT54G Wireless-G by Linksys.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
I'd like to know how to block a user from using the internet when they plug their computer into a router. My roommate has refused to pay her share of the internet and, being a college student, I don't have enough money where I feel generous enough to let her have free internet after stiffing me. Basically, I have 2 routers at the moment (hoping to fix this soon): my Qwest modem works as a router but I also have a Linksys router connected to it. The only phone jack is in her room so I have no way of stopping her from plugging her computer straight into the modem and/or router. I've configured the wireless so that she would be unable to access the, wirelessly but I'd like to know how to prevent her accessing the internet when she plugs her computer directly into either component.

Thank you for your help!

A:Block Wired Computer From Accessing Internet Through Router?

Well,through the router you could enable mac address filtering and allow only your mac address to traffic through the router.It's a pain,but that is a possibility.
Now,limiting access through the modem,I have no idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/block-wired-computer-from-accessing-internet-through-router.979812/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently installed a Belkin N1 wireless router. I have a Motorola PCX2500 cable modem. Windows XP Pro 64 bit.

When I connect the computer directly to the modem, I get onto the internet with no problems through either Firefox or IE. When I put the router between the computer and the modem, no internet, even though the connection between the router and computer is fine as I can access the router. Additionally, the wireless portion of the router works fine as I have another computer that can wirelessly access the internet through the router. When I try to access the internet wirelessly though the computer that was wired, still a no go. I've tried disabling the windows XP firewall, adding the programs to the firewall, and have no luck.

Any thoughts as this appears to be a settings problem to me but I'm at a loss of what it might be.

A:Ethernet wired computer can't access internet through routert

Additional information:

The router has the latest firmware update, which did solve some "router to modem" connection issues, but not one I was looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-wired-computer-cant-access-internet-through-routert.642835/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a 5 year old Gateway GT5438 desktop/motorola modem SB5120/comcast broadband that started having frequent internet disconnect problems with my old linksys router which would resolve when I would reset the router. I figured my router was going bad so I purchased a new Belkin Share N300 router.

Now my internet connection through my wired ethernet port is super slow and sometimes disconnects entirely. My laptop which picks up the router signal wirelessly works fine and is fast. I checked and changed out my wires, changed ports on my router, ran Norton antivirus scan and Housecall virus scan.

Is it my computer, my ethernet card, or could I have gotten a bad router?

A:Solved: Internet slow on one computer only

Sometimes NICs start failing by having trouble auto-negotiating a speed. See if this helps ...

In Device Manager right click on the ethernet - Properties - Advanced - for the "Speed & Duplex" property try various values starting with 100 Mbps full duplex and 10 Mbps full duplex.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-slow-on-one-computer-only.971890/
Relevancy 55.9%

Help please Often happens that i am connected to the internet adsl and at one time i cant receive or send any data it s like being connected for nothing and also my computer slows down i posted hjt log if Solved: help! down slow computer/internet it is of any use Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Solved: help! computer/internet slow down SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Solved: help! computer/internet slow down Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SmartTrust SmartTrust Personal Csp SmartCertmover exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system Smartscaps exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Documents and Settings xxxxx My Documents My Received Files HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run msconfig mssvcc exe O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run Microsoft Windows Update svchost exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunServices msconfig mssvcc exe O - HKLM RunServices secures lat exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Windows Update svchost exe O - HKLM RunOnce Microsoft Windows Update svchost exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run Microsoft Windows Update svchost exe O - HKCU RunOnce Microsoft Windows Update svchost exe O - Global Startup Certificate Mover lnk O - DPF B - E - EA - B - F A BC MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary t cab cab O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary r cab cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary t cab cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download Ms Downloader cab O - DPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- ZoneIntro Class - http messenger zone msn com binary o cab cab O - DPF F BF D - B A- A -BF B-F AF Solitaire Showdown Class - http messenger zone msn com binary n cab cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C D E- D - BC-B - EEB B C NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Service ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service NOD Kernel Service NOD krn - Eset - C Program Files Eset nod krn exe O - Service SmartTrust Smart Card Server Smartscaps - SmartTrust - C WINDOWS system Smartscaps exe nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

two weeks ago or three we had to buy another dsl modem router because my dad don t know where he hid the old Wire hd G dsl model router So he bought a Netgear dgn though the internet is quite slower than the old one the problem is the internet connection from my desktop I thought I got it fixed already but since last week even just trying to load Google takes a long time till it shows up Especially on facebook from my laptop I can easily open both google and facebook easily while on my desktop even just loading one of them seriously takes a long time and sometimes it loads up normally SOMETIMES lol for specification I have an ASUS PCE N n wireless adapter everything was working fine until we Only getting is Solved: one computer slow internet. got a new router i have not changed any of the Solved: Only one computer is getting slow internet. setting on my network adapter because its on its default what i ve done so far Comman promt ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver fyi i was trying to disable the wireless adapter from network connection but it gives me a message like quot it is not possible to disable blah blah quot though i can disable it from device manager but I am still connected to the internet I also tried getting my ping from my desktop and lost all packets when im having the issue of the internet not loading even though i am connected if anyone have any ideas and suggestion please I would really appreciate it oh yeah for the router setting on b and g mode this works best on every pc channel one we get full signal we have a mixed of WPA WPA -psk password i also have my Wireless access on and only pc laptops and my deskop can connect from mac address though even though without it the whole of about not getting normal internet connection is a prob just a while after not trying to use the internet on my desktop i opened google chrome and i got connected to google normally then i tried going to other pages and it just keeps on loading really need help i want to play bf without lag nbsp

A:Solved: Only one computer is getting slow internet.

beastmith said:

two weeks ago or three, we had to buy another dsl/modem/router because my dad don't know where he hid the old 2Wire 2700hd G dsl/model/router.Click to expand...

So you had a router that was working fine but your dad hid it? Ha ha, was someone being punished or what.

So he bought a Netgear dgn1000, though the internet is quite slower than the old one, the problem is the internet connection from my desktop.Click to expand...

Do you guys have a combination DSL modem+wireless router? Or is the DSL modem a separate device? Is the new router basically in its default configuration other than your WPA settings?

for specification, I have an ASUS PCE N13 802.11n wireless adapter, everything was working fine until we got a new router. Click to expand...

Let's keep this in mind.

what i've done so far..
Comman promt:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log
uninstalling/reinstalling the driver

I also tried getting my ping from my desktop and lost all 4 packets when im having the issue of the internet not loading even though i am connected.Click to expand...

If there are just the four hosts in your home environment, try giving each one a static IP address and disable DHCP on your router. Then, unplug your modem and router and plug them back in. Sometimes this does the trick.

oh yeah for the router setting:
on b and g mode (this works best on every pc)Click to expand...

I guess that some hosts in your home aren't compatible with Wireless N?

channel one (we get full signal)Click to expand...

Try changing to channel 11 just for giggles.

we have a mixed of WPA/WPA2-psk passwordClick to expand...

Is it possible to use just one encryption standard? If not all the network hosts support WPA2, try getting everyone on WPA.

i also have my Wireless access on, and only 4 pc; 3 laptops and my deskop can connect from mac addressClick to expand...

What do you mean when you say "connect from MAC address"? Do you mean that you have enabled MAC address filtering for WLAN access? If so and if you are already using WPA, try disabling the MAC filtering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-only-one-computer-is-getting-slow-internet.1042704/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an HP pavilion 530 with Windows XP and about a week ago it started running very slow at loading internet sites and I need help. It was running fine but then my antivirus started warning me about intrusion attempts to my port, They were blocked of course but the computer is really slow hanging up alot. HELP!!!

Relevancy 55.47%

I bought a TP-Link TL-WR84N last week. I have a 50ft Ethernet cable connecting my ISP provided modem/router to the TP-Link router. The wired connection from the TP-Link to my computer is good (90mbps). However, the WiFi download speed is super slow (1.8mbps).
The router's firmware is up-to-date. (3.14.4 Build 131129 Rel.39318n)
The main reason I'm setting this up is for a stable Chromecast connection.

Any suggestions to improve the WiFi speed?

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a really weird situation with a customer whom i have set up broadband for....

Its all set up using my personal laptop as per the instructions from BT. Everything went without a hitch, and connected fine - all 4 lights on the router blue.

When i connect with a cable, everything runs just fine - download speeds of 200k+.

However when i connect to it wirelessly everything grinds to a halt. The wireless light on the router is blue (meaning no problem), the signal strength on my laptop is described as excellent, but still i have problems!

Ive tried changing the wireless settings from WPA to WEP and have tried a couple of different Channels for transmission. Ive also tried using the customers laptop which behaves in the same way (ie Cabled fine, Wireless crap). Any ideas from anybody?!

best regards,

Thundercant

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there I have a desktop computer that runs windows It has a total of g of ram I also have a netgear router hooked up to comcast internet about every hours my internet will just shut off on my computer only I was able to unplug my Ethernet cable wait about seconds and plug it back in to get the internet back This worked until i got my new netgear router It still shuts off after about hours but it wont come back I have tried resetting my computer when this happens but no luck So i thought it was my router so i hooked up my laptop wired to the router to see if :( Wired out. cuts internet Solved: Everything Tried it would shut off but it worked fine so i went back to my computer and it still cut out I went into my settings and unchecked the box that lets the internet shut off to Solved: Wired internet cuts out. Tried Everything :( save power but Solved: Wired internet cuts out. Tried Everything :( it didn t change anything I ve tried different times in the day to see if it was just my comcast flipping out but it still shut off I have tried to release and renew my local ip on my computer but no luck ive also changed my speed and duplex to mbps and full duplex instead of auto negotiation but it only made my computer run slower Please if anyone has any ideas please comment If i cant solve this problem before school i don t know what I ll do nbsp

A:Solved: Wired internet cuts out. Tried Everything :(

Try to plug off the router, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back on. If that doesn't work, Then right click on the WiFi icon near the Battery icon on the taskbar, click "Open Network and Sharing Center", then click "Change adapter settings" on the top left. Right click on "Local Area Connection" then hit Enable. If it says Disable instead, let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-internet-cuts-out-tried-everything.1151773/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone I have an issue with internet connectivity I used the internet via wifi yesterday and it worked fine Turned the computer on after hours and no internet Must have lost power during that time no lights on modem router so I rebooted the modem router and laptop I showed connected to the wifi with or Wifi Wired No Solved: Internet no internet My father had me plug in directly out of the modem I did this and still had no internet Our modem showed a flashing pc activity light Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired wifi and wired Tried a wifi hotspot today and showed connected with no internet When I ran the troubleshoot Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired I received the following home and hotspot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding My computer works fine otherwise Also my parent s laptop works like a champ last night and today on the internet wifi Trying to get this cleared up before classes start next week There may be a slight delay in my responses due to the problem Any help is truly appreciated Thanks Golferguy s Daughter nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello All,

I have a link sys router and cable modem, two separate units. I have 3 PCs plugged into the Ethernet ports. One PC says it is connected to the network but there is no Internet Gateway. The other PCs do have this. How do I get the thrid PC to be able to access the internet?

Thanks in advance

RDGM

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone I tried to get as much of this cleaned up as much as I can but I am stuck so here I am Deckard's System Scanner v Run by PH amp JH on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Percentage of Memory in Use more than Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as PH amp JH exe --------------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Internet/Computer Slow [SOLVED] and Popups Running processes C WINNT system smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT [SOLVED] Popups and Slow Internet/Computer system svchost [SOLVED] Popups and Slow Internet/Computer exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT explorer exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINNT system lxczcoms exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINNT system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray [SOLVED] Popups and Slow Internet/Computer exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Lexmark Series LXCZbmgr exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Lexmark Series LXCZbmon exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner RCScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Desktop Alert desktopalert exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DoScan exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings PH amp JH Desktop Spyware STuff dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by SBC Yahoo DSL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B F BE-D - A F- AB -EA E EBA - C WINNT system hgGvuTJd dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO no name - EEC EA - - D - F -CA D C E F - C WINNT system ddcYrQgH dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClien... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Popups and Slow Internet/Computer

Nevermind. I was able to clear it up. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-popups-and-slow-internet-computer-241452.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I realize this question has been asked a variety of times here and on other forums, but cannot seem to find the resolution to this problem. I have multiple laptops and a PC in my house all connected to Verizon's wireless/wired modem/router.

My laptop's bandwidth ranges from 7-20 Mbps, while the desktop cannot seem to rise about 1 or 2. The wireless card for the desktop was a USB Wireless G adapter, in the process of trying to figure out the problem, i replaced it with a b/g/n PCI card. This did NOT resolve my problem. So in a fit of desperation, I reformatted the Desktop, and Restored the modem/router to factory defaults (in that order) neither helped.

Any suggestions would be VERY welcome.

Thanks,

Kurt

Relevancy 55.04%

My computer is running very slow including internet connection slow and not staying connected Please check HJR HJT slow Solved: very please. Computer internet and check logfile below and let me know what to do next Thanks so much for all help Marsha Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Solved: HJT check please. Computer and internet very slow WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess WENGINE wmonitor exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe Solved: HJT check please. Computer and internet very slow C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS surfmonkey smproxy exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess FastLane IPClient exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Accelerator ElinkAcc exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess elnIE dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - no file O - BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO EarthLink ScamBlocker V - F D - BAA- - -EECB CD E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar EScamBlk dll O - BHO EarthLink PopUp Blocker V - ACF B- D - -B -A F DB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ElnkPuB dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - EC B - B- -B - A C F - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Accelerator prpl IePopupBlocker dll O - BHO Earthlink Protection BHO - D -D D - - -FE A BD - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ProtctIE dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Uninstall Legacy Earthlink Toolbar - E C-DF - C -BBAD- DB BE - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar uninsttb dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar EarthLink Toolbar - C - F - -B A - EE - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS Sys... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there I m browsing with Internet Explorer and all of the sudden I m computer - Explorer Internet Solved: Please slow Help and Pop-ups getting these pop-ups My son was on the computer and he said he did not do anything I ve also noticed that my computer seems to be slower I m playing games on King com and it feels like i m playing some of the games in slow motion If someone could help me Solved: Internet Explorer Pop-ups and slow computer - Please Help out I ll be more then appreciative Here s my High Jack This Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system Solved: Internet Explorer Pop-ups and slow computer - Please Help ctfmon exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS ZSSnp exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe Solved: Internet Explorer Pop-ups and slow computer - Please Help C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb ymj http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www king com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymj http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer dsl-cache saix net O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Big Fish Games Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BD-FD BB AAE A - C PROGRA BFGTOO BFGTOO DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - F ONSEIE SPYBOT SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Big Fish Games Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BD-FD BB... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Explorer Pop-ups and slow computer - Please Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-pop-ups-and-slow-computer-please-help.676922/
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings Long time no problems Now I have a mess on my hands The HJLog listed below comes froma machine that is computer/No Solved: Connection Internet Slow running very slow HD is always grinding away and there is no Internet Connection Please advise Thanks Solved: Slow computer/No Internet Connection Smitty Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Solved: Slow computer/No Internet Connection XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Solved: Slow computer/No Internet Connection System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system WFXSVC EXE C Program Files WinFax WFXMOD EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA WinFax WFXSWTCH exe C WINDOWS system wfxsnt exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP ToolBoxFX bin HPTLBXFX exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files WinFax WFXCTL EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run MMTray C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run WFXSwtch C PROGRA WinFax WFXSWTCH exe O - HKLM Run WinFaxAppPortStarter wfxsnt exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run mmtask quot C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe quot O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run ... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

i was on the phone with my provider for over an hour and came to the computer that my computer is at fault for the slow speeds but i cant figure this out thanks for your help Speed Test Analysis Information Checking for Middleboxes Done SendBufferSize set to running s outbound test client to server Kb s running s inbound test server to client kb s ------ Client System Details ------ OS data Name Windows XP Architecture x Version Java data Vendor Sun Microsystems Inc problem slow Solved: computer internet Version ------ Web Detailed Analysis ------ Client Receive Window detected Solved: slow internet computer problem at bytes Cable modem DSL T link found Link set to Full Duplex mode No network congestion discovered Good network cable s found Normal duplex operation found Web reports the Round trip time msec the Packet size Bytes and No packet loss - but packets arrived out-of-order of the time This connection is receiver limited of the time Increasing the the client s receive buffer KB will improve performance This connection is sender limited of the time This connection is network limited of the time Web reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to RFC Selective Acknowledgment ON RFC Nagle Algorithm ON RFC Explicit Congestion Notification OFF RFC Time Stamping OFF RFC Window Scaling OFF Information Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End Information Network Address Translation NAT box is modifying the Client s IP address Server says but Client says nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Everyone,
I need help please. I have 4 computers (iMac, 2 laptops and 1 PC desktop) on a wireless network in different rooms of my house. All but one have 20+ mbps speed. The problem desktop computer is new but has 2.4 mbps speed. I have cable modem with a fast bandwidth and a Cisco N600 router.

I changed the network card (ASUS PCE-N53 Wireless -N Adapter) in the problem computer which didn't improve anything. As I write this, I am using a laptop on the desk with the problem computer and just did a speedtest which came in at 20.13 mbps. If I hard wire the problem computer it runs at 30+ mbps.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Robert

Relevancy 55.04%

my computer has been lagging and playing up lately. It doesn't start up as fast and the connection is not running as fast as it usually does. I want to know if the hijack this log shows anything suspicious on it?

Relevancy 55.04%

My computer is running very slow recently especially the internet A website which only takes seconds for it to load will take my computer at least seconds to load I have been trying quite a few websites and it does the the Computer is slow. Solved: running Especially internet same My computer always takes longer time than other pc I ran the HJT program and have it posts Hope this will help I also run the defragment all the time My computer has Pentium III MGz PC Ram Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Solved: Computer is running slow. Especially the internet v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Solved: Computer is running slow. Especially the internet services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system winser exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C WINDOWS sdaemon exe C WINDOWS winwd exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Kingsoft Powerword XDICT EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe c program files softwin bitdefender bdmcon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Kenny Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run StormCodec Helper quot C Program Files Storm Codec StormSet exe quot S opti O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run SDaemon C WINDOWS sdaemon exe O - HKLM Run SWd C WINDOWS winwd exe O - HKLM Run BDMCon c PROGRA softwin BITDEF bdmcon exe O - H... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

Our computer has gotten really slow the last couple of days Pages also load very Solved: internet, Slow Sluggish Computer slow It usually is really fast Please help with this HJ log Logfile of HijackThis Solved: Slow internet, Computer Sluggish v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Solved: Slow internet, Computer Sluggish WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA mcafee com Solved: Slow internet, Computer Sluggish agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Webshots webshots scr C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Greg and Renee Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - d ca b-ef - af-bee - d a c d - http wwws musicmatch com mmz openWebRadio html file missing O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

I am having similar problems as Adam Desktop PC connection problems I m having some connection issues I m hoping someone can help me with In my bedroom office I have a desktop PC AdventT running XP SP Home bit and a laptop Dell Inspiron which is what I m using at the moment The Laptop is connected thru a wireless router while the desktop is connected to the modem albeit via the router Netgear DG G For the last few days I ve been unable to connect to the internet with the desktop The wireless signal is as strong as ever for my Laptop and I m having no problems with that connection I keep getting the Internet Explorer message cannot show the web page However the modem wired internet Router Solved: connection must be working since I am getting the wireless signal at my Laptop I ve looked Solved: Router wired internet connection at internet and firewall settings and as far as I can tell everything looks to be in order so basically I m lost If anyone has experienced this problem how did you fix it Am I missing something when it comes to looking at the settings I am open to any and all suggestions anyone out there that can help P S I ve also tried swapping out ethernet cables thinking something may be wrong with a cable or two but that didn t help I have tried the following with no beneficial results Hi Try this first then let s see what other info we may want to look at Stack repair for XP and Vista Courtesy of Johnwill of the Networking forum TCP IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista Start All Programs Accessories and right click on Command Prompt select quot Run as Administrator quot to open a command prompt In the command prompt window that opens type type the following commands Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log not found Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log found I have carried out a winsock fix repair Solved: Router wired internet connection and I have also done a netdiag test this tells me that there is Solved: Router wired internet connection a fail on inbound mailserver imap aol com unable to connect to port and outbound mailserver smap aol com unable to connect to port Bethkat nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I am running Windows Vista, on a Compaq.

I am using a d-link DI-524 router, which has been working fine, and still continues to work for the other PC. The wireless function (wi-fi) is also working well, as the MAC laptop and the iPod touch are able to connect to the internet.

I use Static DHCP for the PC in order to open ports for it. I do not use the same feature for the Compaq, but instead enable DHCP to distribute IP addresses to the Compaq.

So the problem is, starting last week, out of the blue, the internet in the Compaq stopped working. When I used the Windows Diagnostics, it said that there might be a DNS problem. There is only Local Connectivity when I connect both Wired-ly or wirelessly. I know this since I am able to access the router's Web Configuration.

Please help me fix this! Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: Cannot connect to the Internet (both wireless and wired)

The fact that wired and wireless both have the issue points to a likely stack corruption issue.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

See if that changes the symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-both-wireless-and-wired.839885/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to set up a wired and wireless internet connection using embarq modem (wired) and a wireless 4 port wireless (linksys) router.

When I try to connect, either the wireless will connect or the wired will connect. BUT both will not connect at the same time.

I haven't changed any setting in the wireless router because I didn't have the manual at the time so the routerís settings are set to default.

Could the problem be with the cable itself? Not sure if it should be crossover or not. The cable from the embarq modem to the wireless router is the yellow cable embarq sends with its units but I am not sure about the cable that would go from the wireless router to the desktop. IS it crossover or not or is the problems elsewhere.

A:Solved: wired and wireless internet setup

Only one computer having internet access at a time is an indication that you connected the modem to the Linksys's LAN instead of to the WAN (internet, modem) port. There can also be a problem if the "modem" is actually a modem/router combo and both routers are using the same LAN subnet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-and-wireless-internet-setup.784207/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Linksys wirless-g router. My operating system is Windows Vista. About a month ago my wireless quit working. I get a error message "Cannot Communicate with primary DNS server" (Network pinged the remote host but did not receive a response). When I hook my home computer to the modem wired I have the internet, but when I try to use the router I have no internet. I have followed the steps with unpluging modem and router and pluging back up. I have also flushed the dns and rolled back the adapter, that also didn't help. I would appreciate any help.

Relevancy 54.61%

I feel so stupid not being able to fix this, but here goes. Here at home I have great WIFI connectivity but on my main PC that is hard wired into the modem I have no Internet access. I'm not sure what information is needed for someone to help me. My service seems fine as my cable/VOIP telephone/wifi work great. I'm not sure how to detect my ISP settings. In 'device manager' it shows that the teredo tunneling adapter will not start. I don't know what that is or if its important here. Can somebody help me,? I don't even know where to start. I have faith that you guys can fix anything! Please help.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i have cable modem, and a d-link router (ebr-2310) and also a d-link gigabit switch. (not sure of model)

recently i moved, i had the modem's mac address set up for the new place. now, i can connect to the internet directly thru the modem, but when i connect any external devices it does not allow for any device to connect to the internet.

i've cycled the entire system, and put it in different order. but still nothing. *edit* i've had this system set up before, at the old place, but as soon as i moved here it quit.*/edit*

all computers are running Vista 32bit.

A:Solved: Wired LAN doesnt allow for internet connection

This is solved?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-lan-doesnt-allow-for-internet-connection.770341/
Relevancy 54.61%

I m having problems using wired internet with a brand-new Toshiba Satellite L - L The ethernet cable works fine when used with the other Mac computer in internet New wired Solved: not laptop, working the house but I ve been unable to get any kind of internet Solved: New laptop, wired internet not working connection on the laptop The laptop recognises the cable Solved: New laptop, wired internet not working when it is plugged in but when I check the status of the connection there doesn t seem to be an IP assigned to the computer The ethernet adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller I ve tried installing the latest drivers but without any success The adapter shows up in device manager without any alerts or exclamation marks and I ve tried disabling the wireless adapter to see if that helped any My ipconfig all is ---------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name FRED Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -B - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dce f f preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -AF- C- -B - -C - DNS Servers fec fff fec fff fec fff NETBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap lt AD -C - EAA- A -D B A A E gt Medita State Media Disconnected Connection specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ---------- Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

The problem is I will randomly lose my connection completely every few hours The only way to immediately problem !Wired Solved: connection internet reconnect to the internet once the connection is lost is by repairing connection via Network and Sharing Center unplugging amp replugging the ethernet cord back Solved: !Wired internet connection problem into the tower or restarting the computer If I do not do any of the following methods my connection remains lost I ve posted on Solved: !Wired internet connection problem this forum before and it was assumed that my internet connection problem was hardware related Well after bringing it into the shop twice now they ran my computer with internet for over hours and never had a problem with the connection which proved that it was not hardware related because with my experience they would of at least has - disconnections during this period of time When I called my internet provider several different times the technicians did not see any problems on there side and claim that it is not a problem with my modem because the other computer that runs off the same connection never gets disconnected while this one does I ve literally tried everything to fix this problem Updating all drivers reinstalling drivers replacing ethernet cord running virus scans changing ports in the modem and so on nothing has helped and now I feel lost This problem can be extremely irritating at times I need to find a way to fix this Can anyone provide help It would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all,

Lovely forum and website.
Ok so were shall I start: At the moment I have a Wireless Conection, the distance between my computer and were the Router is around 15m.

Now I do alot of online gaming, and I want a rock solid, fast wired Internet connection. And Wireless does not give me this performance I need.
What I want to do is have a cabled internet connection, from My Living room (Were the BT point is) to my room which is around 20m taking into account that you will have to route the cable through the walls.
So what do I have to do? What Kind of cable do I have to get?

I have 8Mbs BT Unlimited Broadband running Windows XP 32-Bit
I have a eVga 680i MotherBoard which supports: Dual 10/100/1000Mbps
CAT5? CAT5E? CAT6? Ethernet
I hope I am as specifec as possible, if not ask me ill give you some more info

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, Yesterday my internet stopped working on my desktop which is connected to the router- netgear dg834gt via ethernet. I also wasn't able to connect via my laptop using my netgear powerline hd ethernet adapter hdxb101, however i have no problem connecting to the internet wirelessly (and i have checked it is to my network and not a neighbours) using my laptop. By the way when using my powerline adapter it does say connected local only to the network so it can't be a wiring problem. Everything has been turned on and off and it doesn't make a difference and all ethernet cables are securely attached at the back of the router.
Cheers, Philip

A:Solved: Wired internet not working but wireless is

What operating system are you using?

for XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314095

for Vista:
http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/07/02/repairing-your-internet-connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-internet-not-working-but-wireless-is.812043/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Windows XP Home Dell DIM Windows XP Home SP Verizon DSL Firefox IE uninstalled IE last year Spybot NO problems found all Green Ad-Aware found one MRU deleted it AVG AV Scan NO virus infection found I noticed last evening while cruising around the net that pages were loading slower than normal up until then have had NO problem with my DSL This morning there was a point slow of All Solved: connection... internet sudden computer has my a very where I could NOT make an internet connection at Solved: All of a sudden my computer has very slow internet connection... all I called Verizon a couple of times and at one point was told I might need a new NIC card although the quot more knowledgeable quot tech I just spoke with said my NIC card is ok and she thinks something else Software might be the cause I shut the computer down and this afternoon started it up again and had a connection but a very slow connection Normally my Verizon DSL gives me around Kb s Download and Kb s Upload At last check I m getting less than half those speeds It s been a LONG time since I ve had someone check my HJT could you see if there s anything in there that could be causing a problem while I continue with other Troubleshooting Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files POP Peeper POPPeeper exe C Program Files Iconoid iconoid exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS DEFENDER MSASCUI EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my netscape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Re... Read more

A:Solved: All of a sudden my computer has very slow internet connection...

The log looks fine. Not sure what this is: C:\DOCUME~1\LARRYS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\InstallHelper.exe /uninstalltrackingvendor=Verizon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-of-a-sudden-my-computer-has-very-slow-internet-connection.621055/
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop has been running extremely slow the past few days and I ve using a few scanners Windows Defender Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Avast and Free Spyware Scanner and none of them have detected anything My internet connection is extremely slow and most sites don t even load In my internet explorer add-ons there s a dll that I m not entirely sure should be there ssqPijjj dll If I go into my system .dll's Solved: Internet Computer, Not Slow Unknown Connecting, folder Solved: Slow Computer, Internet Not Connecting, Unknown .dll's there s a whole ton of various dll s that have been appearing in the last few Solved: Slow Computer, Internet Not Connecting, Unknown .dll's days most of which are various letter combinations like the one in my internet explorer add-ons Every once in a while Windows Defender detects changes in my system and they are dll s of various letters as well kkoqeiet dll is one of them These files all claim to be Auto Start agents and I m not sure if these should be here either Although I assume they shouldn t because they re just random letters I ve tried Solved: Slow Computer, Internet Not Connecting, Unknown .dll's to download hijackthis but I can t connect to any site to download it Any help would be appreciated here Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Slow Computer, Internet Not Connecting, Unknown .dll's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-computer-internet-not-connecting-unknown-dlls.717840/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there I m having trouble with one computer on a wireless network The network has three Slow network internet wireless on on Solved: computer one computers on it and runs at Mbps because one is a Solved: Slow internet on one computer on wireless network b device All the Solved: Slow internet on one computer on wireless network rest are g devices The router Solved: Slow internet on one computer on wireless network is a Billion broadband modem router and the problem wireless card is made by Minitar One computer was running very slow and could not access the internet so I decided to format and re install XP rather than look for malware or other problems Now the overall computer speed is better but internet speed is very slow so slow that when checking email or browsing the connection times out before anything downloads I m not sure what s wrong because both other computers on the network run perfectly and internet speed is great I have re installed drivers for the wireless card downloaded the latest updates tried using Windows to manage the connection tried using the Minitar software to manage it scanned for malware checked the firewall settings and still no solution Even more strangely the wireless signal is Excellent and says Mbps Does anyone have any idea what I could do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have been fighting a probablly simple problem. I an connecting a compaq desk top using a hard wire to a router ( the computer that the router is hooked up is able to access the internet). I have run a hard line from one of the routers ports to the compaq. The computer seems to detect the LAN connection when I do the diag/repair connection, but I am unable to connect to the the Internet. I took the computer to another hook up area(different router), plugged it in the different router port and instant internet access.? Any Ideas

A:[SOLVED] Hard wired from Router - no internet connection

can we see an ipconfig /all from the working PC on the router that does not appear to work
and then again from the faulty pc connected to the same router
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-hard-wired-from-router-no-internet-connection-618223.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Here is my issue I got Verizon DSL for my business and hooked it up drops Solved: fine. internet but wireless if wired to the server to allow internet access If I hook it up from modem to pc the internet works fine with no drops Solved: wired internet drops but wireless if fine. If I add a wireless router into the mix my problems begin My hook up The server already has a wired router with other computers connected to the router for the business Point of sale program The router is hooked up to the Ethernet port on the PC When I got the DSL and wanted the wireless router added to the server so I can access the net when I come into the business and have my laptop with me I decided to add a Ethernet PCI card to the computer and hook up the modem and wireless router to that card so I could do the DSL installation without disturbing the work computers All seemed well or I thought My problem When I hooked everything up I got internet and thought all was good After about minutes I lost internet on the server the wired part but I had my laptop out and checked it with that and I was browsing the net on the wireless laptop I rebooted computer powered cycle the modem and router and got internet access on the server again minutes later internet access lost again but my laptop was fine After many attempts and phone calls into Linksys I figured it must have been the router I returned the router and got another wrt g router and attempted the configuration again Same thing happened with the new router too My diagnostics I checked the wired router and it had a different ip and default gateway then the wireless router The wireless gateway is The other computers in the building have the following ip xx So they are correctly using the proper router So my idea of perhaps the Ip s and gateways were conflicting was prover wrong Other note So I had the manager just take the wireless router off the grid and plug the modem directly to the computer like I first had it and the internet connection is better but still drops the internet now even WITHOUT the router I am beginning to think that I have a bad configuration or something is wrong with XP pro I have other locations that have the same DSL modem and router and they have no issues at all with losing connection Other thing of note is that those other locations DO NOT have another router in the mix So the problem is one of the following I believe Modem is bad The other router the wired router is somehow conflicting even though they are shown separatly in XP When I do Ipconfig it shows that all is good XP Pro is screwed up and is the cause of the drops Another interest of note my laptop has Vista installed NOT XP My plan right now is to take that server and reformat hard drive and do a clean install and start over with windows and try the configurations again HELP anyone have idea what is truly wrong Thanks Scott nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Laptop running XP Pro. Connects to school network via wireless or hardwire. Can see drives fine. However it will connect to Internet (IE7) fine over wireless - but not via ethernet cable. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 54.18%

I have recently run into a problem with my internet disconnecting at the moment a phone call is either picked up, or ended.

I am using a 2Wire 2701HG-G Modem/Wireless Router. The internet is received through an Ethernet cable, plugged into a separate jack from my telephone, then wired directly to my PC. It isn't solely the wireless connection that drops momentarily.

The phone is wireless, however this hasn't been an issue for the previous 7-8 months. I'm thinking that the fact that everything is wired means that the wireless signal of the phone can't be the culprit, though I'm no expert.

As I continue to read around the interwebs, I found that moving my telephone base further away from my router may help things. I'm going to try this, but still post in case there is a common solution I'm missing.

A:Solved: Phone Calls Disconnecting Wired DSL Internet

I'd be thinking
Perhaps something amiss with the dsl filter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-phone-calls-disconnecting-wired-dsl-internet.837195/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am not using the system download only because the request is concerning another laptop that I have no internet access with I am a first time user of the site and at best a novice with computer lingo but here goes At Internet Solved: or Laptop NO Access Wireless Wired w/ home where I presently am I have a wireless system the I Solved: Laptop w/ NO Wired or Wireless Internet Access can Solved: Laptop w/ NO Wired or Wireless Internet Access either use or I can plug a wired line directly into my laptop s I currently am using the wireless to communicate with the forum using my TOSHIBA Satellite The computer in question is less than years old and is a DELL Inspiron N When I plug the wired connection in it does not see it but it displays that the computer is connected to my wireless but when I try and access the internet through internet explorer I get one of the following messages The remote device or resource won t except the connection Or The Proxy Server is not responding Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Skip nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I just did a fresh install of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and it won't connect to the internet.

The ethernet port has blinking lights.

The notification icon area has 1 internet icon labelled 1394.
This connection has the following items under its properties:
Client for microsoft networks
File and printer sharing for microsoft networks
and internet protocol (TCP/IP).

I go to Install and it doesn't list ipv6.

0 Bytes Sent and 0 Bytes Recieved.

... I have a cable modem provided by the High Speed ISP and one ethernet cable leads from it to the ethernet port on the computer... I powered off and powered on the cable modem and nothing changed. Wireless internet works still.

****I try clicking REPAIR and the following error displays:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Failed to query TCP/IP setting of the connection. Cannot proceed. For assistance contact the person who manages your network.

A:[SOLVED] Fresh install XP Pro x64 won't connect to Wired Internet

P.S.

If you need screenshots of whatever, let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-fresh-install-xp-pro-x64-wont-connect-to-wired-internet-765490.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I Solved: Internet Computer I Cable? Has connection, New Hi-Speed have Slow have been having a major issue with my internet I will try to provide as much information as possible First of all -I have cable internet my ISP is Charter -I have Computers Laptop and Desktop And i have an old desktop computer Tech Specs gt Laptop XPS M customized at www dell com than months old -Its OS is Windows Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core Duo T GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - GB of Hardrive space Desktop new Studio XPS MT -Its OS is Windows Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core i GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - TB of Hardrive Space GB Desktop old ell Dimension Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? -Its OS is Windows XP -Processor N A i am somewhat unable to use the machine at the moment thus we purchased new computers -RAM Memory MB -less than GB of Hardrive Space Both have McAfee Ok so the problem I am able to connect both the laptop and the desktop new to the internet through my modem and what not However during web browsing online gaming even the simplest of games that only require as little as a dial-up connection downloading and updating When im browsing the web Internet Exploror and Mozilla Firefox say that they cannot display the webpage the typical Task manager reads out a Mbps network speed for quot Local Area Connection It also reads out that the state is quot connected quot Under Control Panel in Network and Sharing center it says im am connected However the connection will randomly disconnect then reconnect On my Local Area Connection Status Network and sharing center gt manage network connections gt I get the following IPv Connectivity Internet IPv Connectivity Limited Media State enabled Duration Varies whenever it las disconnected to the current moment Speed Mbps I ve Tried all sorts of things to fix this I have googled it and found that anything i try comes out to do nothing I have done the following -Run network diagnostics on both the laptop and desktop new -Reset adapter and reset the adapter modem by unplugging the power cord for seconds then plugging it back in -Uninstalled McAfee and got AVG on the desktop -Done a few speed tests probably not correctly because i did not really know what to do with the results I am in a CET I Computer Engineering Technology class in high school and I am a sophmore I havn t asked my teacher about this yet but im going to within the week Thanks for any help or reccomendations that you may provide This is such a mind boggling problem nbsp

A:Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-has-slow-internet-connection-i-have-hi-speed-cable.821062/
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer runs very slow and I notice that on my computer properties it say I have 37.2BGB and 31.2used with 6.04free. My question is would this cause my computer to run slow. I don't know where the ram is going because I don't download. I just surf the web and play games online. I do have alot of $KB---$, KB--- files that I was told are log files. Can I safely delete this files now. I did a highjackthis on my computer and received help deleting programs and files that where not needed. But I was not sure if they said it was ok to safely delete this files as well. Because i do have alot of them. My computer is Toshiba Laptop Intel(R)Celeron(R)M 2002 Service pack 3 processor 1.60GHz, 504MB or RAM. I know I have asked alot but I am very frustrated not knowing what or how to fix this.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am working on my friend s computer it has not been able to connect to the Internet since some time in July Wired or wireless networks he has tried several including where he works school mine and several others through wifi and hooked directly He noticed the problem not or Wired Internet, Wireless Vaio connect Sony to will Solved: started when he attempted to uninstall an antivirus software called WebRoot while he was running the installer for MS Security Essentials The details are a little fuzzy at that point but he says it kept rebooting and a friend of his booted it up in safe Solved: Sony Vaio will not connect to Internet, Wireless or Wired mode and restored the machine to it s last restore point before the issue and then tried installed an updated driver for the wifi adapter as he read it can cause the kind of problem it was having I am not sure if the Internet connectivity problem was happening before this or because of this It s been a few months so it s been forgotten It will recognize wireless networks but then when you attempt to connect it will say it had trouble connecting and is not connected but then says quot limited connectivity quot by the wireless network you tried to connect to When turn wifi off and hook a cable in the Local Area Connection with go from quot network cable unplugged quot to quot enabled quot but will not recognize the network or connect All of the windows tools say it is a driver problem with both I got the computer yesterday and it had no antivirus on it Webroot or MS Security Essentials It had Windows Defender on but it was disabled I went through his programs and deleted useless stuff and programs that I have read cause Internet connectivity problems like Bonjour I ran CCleaner after this rebooted I installed Windows Service pack that I noticed must have downloaded but not been installed back before the problems started No effect on the problem I disabled Windows Firewall tried connecting same problem I re-enabled them I installed MS Security Essentials to make sure it didn t cause the problem of rebooting that my friend had earlier It installed with no problem but it is disabled and it can t run without being connected to get updates it says Finally I moved on to the drivers I removed them all from device manager reinstalled them using the downloads on the SONY site for this specific model added them back They didn t show error by them before uninstall and appeared the same after reinstall No change in anything after reinstall SYSTEM SUMMARY OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name JAMES-VAIO System Manufacturer Sony Corporation System Model VGN-NW F System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc R Y SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name James-VAIO James Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys SYSTEM SUMMARY gt COMPONENTS gt NETWORK gt ADAPTER Name WAN Miniport SSTP Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport SSTP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS SSTPMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasSstp IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Name WAN Miniport IKEv Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport IKEv Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS AGILEVPNMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasAgileVpn IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Alright so this is my dilemma I am connected to the internet through a wired connection I am also setting up a wireless printing network Here is the problem whenever I connect to the wireless router so that I can share my printer I cannot browse on the internet The vista network logo on the toolbar also loses the quot earth quot in the symbol but yet says that I am connected to local and internet Now what really confuses me is that I can still use AIM but yet both firefox and IE does not connect to the internet As soon as I disconnect from the Wireless network my internet comes right back the Solved: internet separate to Cannot when WiFi wired browse a connected I have searched for hours on this and could not find much other than changing my metric setting which also didn t change anything I believe it is a vista setting because others with Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi the same basic setup except for the fact that they have XP can still connect to the WiFi and browse the internet through the LAN Here is a link to a screenshot of my computer specs http img imageshack us my php image specsht jpg And here are my IPCONFIG results when connected to both Wired and Wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users schmiddj gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name schmiddj-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi Area Network Physical Address - - - C- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -CB-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Mittwoch November Lease Expires Sonntag Dezember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - C-A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ac b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca df f fdfc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe df f fdfc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DDD A -AABE- -BD - C F C br AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users schmiddj gt Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi

The direct solution to your problem is to assign a static IP address (make sure it is outside the wireless router Dhcp server's address range) and mask, leaving the Gateway and DNS blank.

Windows XP defaults to the wired connection when multiple Gateways are specified, which may explain why the other PCs do not have the same problem.

There is a reason why you need to use two different networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-browse-the-internet-wired-when-connected-to-a-separate-wifi.766271/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have a Sony Bravia tv which I am trying to connect to the internet I have connected to my router via a wired Ethernet cable I have an Orange Livebox router I have tried to auto connect after clicking that after a Cannot wired tv Solved: on Sony connetct to internet connection a Bravia a while it gives the following message wireless device OK local access failed Internet access failed I have run cmd and the following shows C Documents and Settings Michael gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Solved: Cannot connetct a Sony Bravia tv to internet on a wired connection When I run the auto configure Solved: Cannot connetct a Sony Bravia tv to internet on a wired connection on the tv it has the following settings Wired connection OK Cable connection OK IP Address Auto IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Primary DNS Secondary DNS And the message is wireless device OK local access failed Internet access failed Solved: Cannot connetct a Sony Bravia tv to internet on a wired connection And I have I have tried setting the tv manually to IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Primary DNS Secondary DNS And the message is wireless device OK local access failed Internet access failed My system info is OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name MICHAEL-E E System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DM System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Dell Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name MICHAEL-E E Michael Time Zone GMT Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connetct a Sony Bravia tv to internet on a wired connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connetct-a-sony-bravia-tv-to-internet-on-a-wired-connection.1043698/
Relevancy 53.32%

As stated in this subject. My computer is about 6 months old, recently I have been having issues with it being loud and overall very bogged down. I used Superantispyware, malwarebytes and panda virus. Please help and advise what I can do to correct the issue.

A:Very slow computer, loud noise. Internet explorer lags as well as over all the computer is slow.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-slow-computer-loud-noise-internet-explorer-lags-as-well-as-over-all-the-computer-is-slow.208573/
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer is unusually slow and it takes up to - minutes just for my computer to completely start up Here is the HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS slow pages, up computer (Slow etc.) loading internet Slow start browsing, system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati Slow computer (Slow internet browsing, loading pages, slow start up etc.) evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour Slow computer (Slow internet browsing, loading pages, slow start up etc.) mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Slow computer (Slow internet browsing, loading pages, slow start up etc.) C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Netopia C kWepN exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files FastAccessDSL HelpCenter bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility PMBCore SPUVolumeWatcher exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run Sou... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-computer-slow-internet-browsing-loading-pages-slow-start-up-etc.784815/
Relevancy 53.32%

adding system info Dell M Vista all updates current Wireless AT amp T Expresscard Concurrent wil all this something is resetting my trackpad settings back to default on every reboot Solved this last summer by removing something from Logitech but the problem is back slow slow HJT on internet, slow high computer response, fans very to boot, log - now Weird Internet MUCH slower than usual responses sluggish computer slow to boot, slow response, very slow internet, fans on high - HJT log on- and offline System fans kick on within - minutes of startup I ve run all the computer slow to boot, slow response, very slow internet, fans on high - HJT log usuals - McAfee Ad-Aware SpyBot disk cleanup and chkdsk Hard boot after all that then ran HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CSR Vista Profile Pack BtHidUi exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files CSR Vista Profile Pack HidSw exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Users LMR AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C D... Read more

A:computer slow to boot, slow response, very slow internet, fans on high - HJT log

Any thoughts, anybody?

catillac said:

(adding system info):
Dell M90, Vista, all updates current.
Wireless: AT&T Expresscard

Concurrent wil all this, something is resetting my trackpad settings back to default on every reboot. Solved this last summer by removing something from Logitech, but the problem is back now. Weird.

Internet MUCH slower than usual, responses sluggish on- and offline. System fans kick on within 2-3 minutes of startup. I've run all the usuals - McAfee, Ad-Aware, SpyBot, disk cleanup, and chkdsk. Hard boot after all that, then ran HijackThis:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:29:36 PM, on 2/27/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16609)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\CSR\Vista Profile Pack\BtHidUi.exe
C:\Windows\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Services Manager\DocMgr\bin\WavXDocMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\SecureUpgrade.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\shstat.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\CSR\Vista Profile Pack\HidSw.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Users\LMR\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slow-to-boot-slow-response-very-slow-internet-fans-on-high-hjt-log.687971/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Qwest DSL service with the "2Wire" wireless router. I have configured my notebook to connect to my home network both wirelessly through the built-in wi-fi card, and wired through the ethernet port. My question is this: Can I leave both network connections enabled, or should I disable one or the other, depending on how I am using the computer at the time? Everything seems to be working fine this way, but I have to wonder how I am actually connected. Am I connected wirelessly at 54Mpbs, or wired at 100 Mpbs? The connections do have different MAC and IP addresses.
Thank you

A:Solved: wired and wireless enabled on same computer

If both connections have obtained IP addresses from the router, you are connected both wired and wirelessly.

If you have Windows XP it will default to using the faster connection, so your wireless is not really doing anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-and-wireless-enabled-on-same-computer.469935/
Relevancy 52.89%

My internet randomly stopped working while I was using my computer. I looked at the device manager on XP, and nothing showed up under Network Adapters. The Ethernet port itself seemed to be the culprit, but after trying to use a PCI Ethernet card, and that also failing, I ran out of ideas.

It's not the OS, as I've tried using XP and Ubuntu.

A:Solved: What happened to my computer's wired connection?

The solution made less sense then the problem.

I eventually got Windows to recognize the PCI Ethernet card.
As soon as that happened, boom! The motherboard port started working again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-happened-to-my-computers-wired-connection.813301/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 52.46%

For some odd reason in the past weeks my streaming video has become VERY slow and I do not know why I have a high-speed cable connection the same I computer... aaaaah! internet, video slow streaming, slow Slow have had for the past months It is slow sound-with-stil-images and or constantly rebuffering and this is true with WIndows Media Winamp Realplayer and even Flash videos on YouTube for example I cannot take it anymore I tried this Hijackthis thing and this is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Slow internet, slow video streaming, slow computer... aaaaah! services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C acer epm epm-dm exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Sophos Remote Update cachemgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files sophos remote update imonitor exe C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT ICMON EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - no file O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - no file O - BHO no name - B CCDD - E - CD -B FA- B B F BD - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run LaunchApp Alaunch O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run EPM-DM c acer epm epm-dm exe O - HKLM Run ePowerManagement C Acer ePM ePM exe boot O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE O - HKLM Run eRecoveryService C Windows System Check exe O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Policy Key lnk disabled O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup savcfg lnk C Program Files Sophos Sweep for NT savcfg bat O - Global Startup Remote Update Mo... Read more

A:Slow internet, slow video streaming, slow computer... aaaaah!

Please, somebody.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-slow-video-streaming-slow-computer-aaaaah.485480/
Relevancy 52.46%

All of my wireless devices are able to connect to my wifi but my desktop computer which is a wired connection gives me Error 1068: Dependency service or group failed to start.

In ipconfig/all I show: IP routing enabled:no wins proxy enabled: no and the default gateway address is blank.

I have Windows 7 64x and my ISP is AT&T Uverse and they say my gateway should be plug and play.

I saw this post http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1053204-wins-proxy-ip-routing-not.html and I tried everything listed but no luck.

I also tried everything that was detailed in the following post : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...pendency/7963d72a-5d73-44fe-8316-058c46235737 (Yes I did backup the registry first)

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Issues is as follows I have a HP i OS Windows Vista that was hard lined through ourNetgear WGR Wireless-G Router with my xbox Was able to network them together and stream videos view pictures etc Recently my wife decided she no longer liked the foot black ethernet and Networking computer a a wired 360 wireless Solved: xbox cable running through the middle of the floor so I bought and installed a HP Wireless b g n PCIe Card Had some issues originally was not able to access the internet unknown if the xbox was able to stream at that point which were fixed changed from Solved: Networking a wireless computer and a wired xbox 360 channel to channel although now that it is working I am not able Solved: Networking a wireless computer and a wired xbox 360 to stream video or view pictures Obviously something is different but I am still able to Solved: Networking a wireless computer and a wired xbox 360 access the sames files on the computer from the xbox and the computer shows the xbox in the network screen I can find all the same folders with all the same movies and pictures although when I select one to play the error of unplayable format appears and I am unable to play the movie or view the picture I have never really used the Windows Media Extender on the xbox before I would just access all videos through My Xbox - Videos - PC - Video Folder - Movies I did try setting that up though but after asking me to adjust my firewall settings it seems to time out and I cannot get past that point I switched between Norton and window firewall and still was not able to have the extender complete the process Please let me know if you have questions or more importantly you have ideas on how to remedy the situation I did try and search the forum for a similar issue but did not find it meaning that I either need to change my status from intermediate to noob or I am not looking in the right places Thank you for you help nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

i have a wired linksys cable/dsl router(with 4 port switch)

one pc is having trouble with internet(really slow)packets in 3,287,503/sent 486380

i have my main xp pc which i ran the linksys disc from and the con fig from that is

with no problems in slot 3 in the router.

number 2 pc

which is having problems in slot 2 in router.
i had the pc number 2 in ics wired(internet through host pc)before i had a router.number 2 was cilent.
has that got somthing to do with it.

also i have a xbox which has settings

in slot 1 in router.with no problems(i think)

thankyou for your time

Relevancy 52.46%

Edit Solved Issue related to driver for network adapter Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R Rev http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Many thanks to etaf I have been using a wireless USB adapter to connect to the internet but it drops the connection at random times I decided to run a wired connection to the router but I can t seem to get it to work The first time - Wireless works, wired computer Solved: doesn't Same I tried I got this quot Error Your modem or other connecting device has reported an error quot So I looked it up The main things I found were a Windows bug with the file raspppoe sys and a problem with Virtual PC I am running Windows but do not have Virtual PC The suggested fix was to replace raspppoe sys with a quot working Solved: Wireless works, wired doesn't - Same computer quot one from vista I downloaded it from the Microsoft site and replaced the file Now I get quot Error A connection to the remote access server was not made because the modem was not found quot I am still able to connect via wireless CMD ipconfig all with the wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name UberPandora Primary Solved: Wireless works, wired doesn't - Same computer Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific Solved: Wireless works, wired doesn't - Same computer DNS Suffix Description Linksys WUSB N Wireless-N USB Network A dapter with Dual-Band ver Physical Address - - C- - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a be e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday October AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - - C- - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f fc bb c c Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fc bb c c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD F - - F -B F - EE EDE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Just wired Windows IP Configuration Host Name UberPandora Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Running older PC Clone Ghz Dual CPU Pentium Computer slow Internet runs Slow, slow, Applications GB Ram Win XP Home Edition Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow system While navigation on Internet Explorer or Google Chrome system runs extrememly slow and or crashes When using applications such as Itunes Email or simply opening up Word and other applications it runs very slow and almost seems to stop The IE that was on the computer had changed to an operate with add-ons off as a result of the infection I downloaded and reinstalled IE and this seems to have fixed that problem Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow for the time being MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpy icons dissappeared from my desktop When trying to use them from the Start Menu options the programs no longer worked I reinstalled them and they appear to work fine now However the system still seems to Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow run very slow over all and its performance is greatly hindered Next I ran free version of SuperAntiSpyware and all it detected was a couple Adware cookies Secondly I ran free version of Malware Bytes Anti-Malware and it detected PUP GamePlayLab infections located in the Registry Key HKLM SOFTGWARE Microsoft Windows These files were removed and quarantined by MWB Thirdly I ran Old Timer s TFC and then rebooted the computer and it appeared to run a little faster but still sluggish while using IE So finally I ran ESET Free Online Scanner and it detected quot Win Toolbar Babylon and Win TopMedia a quot virus infections Scan took about hours I set it to search the drives archives and remove found threats ESET Scanner message stated that the files have been removed and quarantined Due to the nature and complexity and severity of the threats found by the free ESET Online Scanner I am not certain that my system on this computer is completely free of viruses infections at this time Although some of the performance and speed are a little better now the system is still a bit sluggish and I do not feel safe to conduct any banking or internet purchases on this computer until I can feel confident that the system is clean Any assistance you folks can provide me will be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow

Hello, lets look a bit more.Please DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it. Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan results.>>>>>>>>Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.>>>>>>> Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Finally...MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474032/computer-runs-slow-internet-slow-applications-slow/
Relevancy 50.31%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 49.88%

Lately my internet view. Internet please report HJT slower. computer slow, extremely getting slow and computer have been extremely slow i have broadband internet and its always been very fast until this Internet extremely slow, computer slow getting slower. HJT report please view. past week Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Internet extremely slow, computer slow getting slower. HJT report please view. C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files iS Anti-Spyware SZServer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system Internet extremely slow, computer slow getting slower. HJT report please view. spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe C WINDOWS system brvrav exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor InfoMyCa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files STOPzilla STOPzilla exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http rd yahoo com customize sbcydsl defaults http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http rd yahoo com customize sbcydsl defaults http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS about htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar STOPzilla - DED-A - F- BA-D F A B B - C Program Files STOPzilla SZSG dll O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run WUSB Gv C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor InvokeSvc exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run braviax C WINDOWS system brvrav exe O - HKLM Run BM a b Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system euotbymp dll quot s O - HKLM RunServices SystemTools C WINDOWS system inet exe O - HKCU Run braviax C WINDOWS system brvrav exe O - HKCU Run WintelUpdate C WINDOWS system brvrav exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra b... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-extremely-slow-computer-slow-getting-slower-hjt-report-please-view.701695/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi The computer that is slow is a desk top tower In a home it is a E machine it has windows professional with service pack DO KNOW I am very new to windows and all it's features When I brought this computer home last Nov it was lightening fast at everything so much better than the windows XP it replaced I was thrilled yet Now starting in April it is as slow or slower as my old Windows with XP ever was and partially the reason for saving my pennies to get this windows computer and now I'm upset feeling like slow suddenly etc browse slow computer Windows 7 to websites get on internet, to I have been taken Computer displays the following windows experience index Intel pentium dual Ghz processor Bit Has Ccleaner installed has Comodo antivirus and Comodo cleaning essentials installed All virus scans find no infections and report Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc that all is well and protected B C of the way the computer is operating i'm doubting that and betting there is an infections of some sort I Have run Comodo cleaning essentials and results find no abnormalities or infections Have run TFC and JRT and Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc the computer shows no signs of improvement have run rKill and it finds no abnormalities or infections All virus scan results find no infections Windows updates is activated and all latest updates have been installed maybe there is no infections or key logging but what then is causing the slow loading of web pages and slow to get online when i was not experiencing this when I brought the computer home I am paying for internet speed that is just under road runner speed maybe some virus program is doing too much scanning when i click to get online I'm grabbing at straws I have no clue that's why I am posting here to get help What medicine do you recommend Thank you

A:Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc

Hi flywelder Maybe we aren't looking at an infection here. There's tons of reasons why a system can slow down, and not all of them are malware related. Let's try to take a look at this issue under another angle shall we?MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575174/windows-7-computer-suddenly-slow-to-get-on-internet-slow-to-browse-websites-etc/
Relevancy 49.88%

First my startup became slow than all aplications were Internet Slow Computer, Start Slow Slow up, slow and now my internet i usea router and the same internet Slow Computer, Slow Start up, Slow Internet is faster on my laptop but its slow in my current computer here is a hijackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Program Files Wireless g USB Adapter ZDWlan exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispatcher a amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exeO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - ... Read more

A:Slow Computer, Slow Start up, Slow Internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.??If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine.??Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.??Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool.??No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note:??You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.??After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.??Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.??Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251288/slow-computer-slow-start-up-slow-internet/