Windows Support Forum

Solved: From this morning - Windows was unable to connect to (My wifi network name)

Q: Solved: From this morning - Windows was unable to connect to (My wifi network name)

Woke up today and can't connect to any of two routers we have in the building. Still, every room- and home-mate using wi-fi as always - like I'm only one who got problem.
I'm pretty sure noone changed router settings, nor I installed something bad either.
I'm running Windows 7 on my Asus-P53S laptop with build-in Atheros AR9002WB adapter.

Can anyone help me? I've got less then 12 hours to finish my online project, really don't wanna miss it

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: From this morning - Windows was unable to connect to (My wifi network name)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: From this morning - Windows was unable to connect to (My wifi network name)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-from-this-morning-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-my-wifi-network-name.1141424/
Relevancy 80.84%

Sir, I am facing problem with connectivity on WiFi... On available networks it always show can't connect to a network...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unable-to-connect-to-any-WiFi-network-available/td-p/5847764
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,
i have hp 15-r007tx notebook and window 7 ultimate os. I have installed many drivers for wifi adapter - RT3290 802.11 b/g/n. It shows the available wifi networks.. but i am not able to connect to any network. Pls help.

Relevancy 80.84%

My laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network after it had ip conflict last night. I tried network troubleshooting it and it always ask me to investigate the router. I tried to reset the modem a few times but my laptop still could not connect to it while my roommates and my phone could. Then I remove my wifi profile and attempt to connect back to the network. However, the same problem persist.My laptop model is Asus A43S and having Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. Anyone who can help me on this? I'm currently using my roommate's laptop for Internet. Thanks

Relevancy 80.84%

Hey all!

Few days ago I got Acer V5-531. On this laptop, I can easily connect to wireless networks, but my home one. I could do it on my old laptop with no problems. How is it possible to solve this? It's getting quite annoying, especially knowing that this is the only network I can't connect to. In case with this network, it prompts password and then says "Unable to connect".

What have I tried

Air Mode is off
Updating/rolling drivers back
Resetting the router once (owned by neighbor, thus, I cant perform all maintenance on it)
router lights are on
pw is correct
wireless switch is on
What else can be done?
Thanks all!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17915-unable-connect-certain-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I've searched the web endlessly trying to solve this problem with one of my laptops - without any luck at all Hoping someone here is able to assist My main PC laptops an iPhone and an iPad all connect to my home wifi network All worked perfectly until days ago The laptops and my PC all run Windows all updated days ago my Toshiba own connect to wifi Unable to network Qosmio stopped Unable to connect to own wifi network being able to Unable to connect to own wifi network connect to my home network All other devices still connect perfectly The Qosmio doesn't detect my wifi network I immediately went to the network adapter's Qualcomm Atheros website and downloaded the latest driver Installed it and for a brief very brief time it could once again detect and connect to the network Last days unable to either detect or connect It detects other networks Unable to connect to own wifi network fine and has no problems connecting to any other network - except mine doesn't even detect mine anymore It connects to the iPhone when used as a hotspot without any issues I've uninstalled and re-installed the new driver re-booted the wireless router several times re-set the router to factory settings used Windows trouble shooter checked amp deleted the netsh profiles Re-booted the laptop a dozen times disabled amp uninstalled software for the laptop's Bluetooth It simply stopped working I've tried everything I can find on the web - without any success at all I've had the laptop sitting only a few cm from the router Not sure where else I can go with this now - it has quite defeated me If anyone has any suggestions please help Getting very very frustrated Thanks

A:Unable to connect to own wifi network

how does the LAN work is it connecting? Do you have Reserve IP for each of your devices on your router?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54411-unable-connect-own-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Every time I try to connect to our WiFi, it cannot get an IP address. Even using a static IP address still yields a limited connection. I have tried a Google search and everything isn't working. I have a feeling it is an issue related to the router but not sure what to check :/

Thanks guys!

Also, I'm very good with computers and such so I'm able to try anything.

A:[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Cannot connect to WiFi network

Have you tried to reset the router to factory settings?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-windows-8-1-cannot-connect-to-wifi-network-887081.html
Relevancy 79.98%

last day I resize the wifi in to network laptop my connect unable c partition boot partition today I try to connect wifi network but my laptop not show my wifi network via windows phone network sharing I shows all my problem in above picture I search in unable to connect wifi network in my laptop internet and find one solution that is quot only chance to upgrade os to solve quot please visit link - I receive Error code x whenever I try to use the - Microsoft Community what I unable to connect wifi network in my laptop do I not have any upgrade os dvd so l planned to download Windows Embedded Industry Pro in https www dreamspark com Product P x productid and burn in DVD My question is that DVD helps to upgrade my Windows home basic to Windows Embedded If yes how to upgrade If that DVD not helps to upgrade my os I planned to dual boot win and embedded win my question is after dual boot In windows I able to connect Wi-Fi say your solution for my problem I try sfc scannow I get following result what I do next

A:unable to connect wifi network in my laptop

For the fastest repair option, you could do a repair install.

Repair Install

You do not need to upgrade your OS to fix the issue.

When did this start happening?

Install any hardware or software recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333446-unable-connect-wifi-network-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys i m having similar troubles here friends laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi it will connect to internet but only through cable hookup i network to to wifi through a is connect laptop unable can locate my network but when laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi i hit connect type in correct password it tries for say - seconds then says quot Windows was unable to connect to my network quot i know its not my router i have several things that can connect to my network without problems only this laptop seems to have a problem she has a ralink wifi adapter which is said to be notorious for going bad but i can neither conform or denai that i ll list what specs i know how to find and hopefully that will help any help from you all would be great also if you need me to post some data could you explain how to find it and the like thanks Specs Windows home premium service pack HP pavilion g notebook AMD A - M APU with radeon hd graphics GHz GB GB usuable RAM -bit operating system Network Adapter Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter Ralink RT b g n wifi adapter let me know what you think please nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

My laptop is inable to connect to internet via its own network card. The WiFi connects but shows no internet while im able to access the internet using a WiFi dongle. I have updated the drivers and even deleted and reinstalled the drivers but still issue didn't get resolved. The laptops own wifi is showing the networks just unable to get the internet and shows an error sign exclamation on the WiFi signal for the laptops wifi card while connects fine using the dongle

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-network-card-is-unable-to-connect-to-internet/td-p/5750730
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,Laptop: HP 450OS: Windows 7 untimate 64 bit.Wireless chipset: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi AdapterInstalled driver version: 5.0.45.0The laptop is showing different wireless network. However I cannot connect to any one of them. The error message is "Windows is unable to connect to"As far as I know, the correct driveris installed. The networks is being shown.Not sure what could be the problem. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank youAbdul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/unable-to-connect-wifi-network-Ralink-RT3290-802-11bgn-Wi-Fi/td-p/5730398
Relevancy 78.26%

hi.i been trying to fix this problem with my laptop. I cant connect to my wifi when my phone can connect i have tried all the suggested answers on your website but still i cant resolve.i did the ipconfigs and netsh thing but still not working. Please help me.

Relevancy 77.83%

Hey everyone,

I have a Macbook and I just installed windows 7 on it while at work. Connected to the network just fine there (airlink and dlink setup) but when I got home I couldn't connect to the home network (uverse set up). When i try to connect, I am NOT prompted to enter the network password and get the error "windows was unable to connect to this network." I have other Windows 7 machines connecting to this network with no problems, and the OS X side of th Macbook also connects to the network fine. All drivers are installed.

I'd love some help! Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 77.83%

Hey This is my first post and probably not my last So my problem is is that whenever I try to connect to my home Wi-Fi Network a window opens right after I enter the correct WEP key and it says quot Windows is unable to connect to to Solved: (Network connect is unable Name) Windows to DMNetwork DMNetwork is my network name I run the trouble shooter and it tells me to reset my mode blah blah restart my router and you know the rest After I finished that it still didn Solved: Windows is unable to connect to (Network Name) t work I tried MANY MANY MANY things I found off the internet to try and fix this I currently connected the ethernet cable to my laptop and nothing works I hope I can find a solution here I tried to unbind IPv using a WEP key using a WPA and WPA key no key at all and Solved: Windows is unable to connect to (Network Name) tried changing the keys to see if that worked because that worked before I deleted all my network profiles to see if that worked but it didn t and I also tried updating my network adapters but they re all up-to-date and I can t click on the quot Roll Back Driver quot button History So this happened before but I was easily able to fix it by changing the network key PC SPECS OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD E- Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer HMA -BZ Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Not Updated I have an Acer Aspire notebook I have a D-Link DIR- router I hope you guys can help and find a solution for people having the same problem as me EDIT The SSID is now RageNetwork because I tried to change the SSID and key to see if that worked nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I am trying to connect to the internet using an external wireless device (Netgear model:MA101), I have managed to install the drivers and my wireless network is coming up as an option! For some bizarre reason when I try and connect the following messages appears:-

"Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try again"

I then refresh and try to connect but the message constantly appears I have rebooted my computer in case it needs to reset after installing the driver for the wireless device. No joy!

I know it's not a problem with the internet or the wirelss network because I currently have my laptop connected and working perfect. Any ideas?

A:Solved: Windows is unable to connect to the selected network

Did some checking via Google.

The Netgear model:MA101 is a very old 802.11b adapter that uses only WEP encryption. Netgear doesn't even list it on their site anymore.

Did find some old posts that say it doesn't work with routers using b/g mixed mode, but only with those using b mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-is-unable-to-connect-to-the-selected-network.1053583/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys I just got back from vacation and suddenly can t connect to my Wifi network at home with my netbook anymore It says validating identity but never connects certificate? windows unable Solved: find to to connect can't network- home When I try to repair the connection it keeps authenticating and then says that windows is unable to find a certificate to log me on to the network I did some googling and it was suggested to uncheck the Solved: can't connect to home network- windows unable to find certificate? Enable IEEE x authentication for this network box under the Authentication tab in Wireless Network properties I tried that but then I get an error message saying quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration quot I have no idea what to do or what the problem is My other laptop works fine from which I have set up this network works fine My phone Solved: can't connect to home network- windows unable to find certificate? seems to work fine too I already restarted the router and my netbook but that didn t help either I would appreciate some help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: can't connect to home network- windows unable to find certificate?

fixed it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-home-network-windows-unable-to-find-certificate.1083843/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out on this My Toshiba Satellite L recently stopped to wifi Unable connect Solved: to connecting to my WiFi it will connect with the Ethernet cable hooked to it I don t know what it could be my i pad connects to WiFi with no problem and i use bell fibreop and have a wireless tv that is connected to WiFi no problems i don t know much about ant of this any help please PS I did do a system rest and wiped it all back to factory thinking that would fix it but i had no luck as it still don t work Have a couple logs here if someone could please look at thanks so much Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tasha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address - C- F- B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac aeac bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- D- -B - -EB- - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS Solved: Unable to connect to wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -EB- - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ECA - FF- D - E - DC F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d Solved: Unable to connect to wifi abd a ba f fdf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe a ba f fdf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Interface List c f b e Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC eb e Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Solved: Unable to connect to wifi Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link d abd a ba f fdf On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe a ba f fdf On-link fe ac aeac bc On-link ff On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None I don t know if any of that will help or if you need more info nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi

I have installed a TP Link W8960N router and it is working fine using the ethernet cable. I have installed a realtek 11n USB adapter but cannot get it to connect to the router.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and whereas previously today it found my router (but wouldn't connect it says not associated) when I search now it doesnt even come up!

Windows device manager says the adpater is working properly

When installing router and adapter I set them both to WPA2 and used the same passkey.
I am using Windows 7

Please can someone advise

thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I hope someone can help I am on holiday in Spain attempting to connect to a residential wireless network on a router that was installed up connect to 2nd on laptop to Unable wifi Solved: by an engineer this morning When the engineer was here he connected an HP laptop using XP to the wireless router At first there was an issue with the connection seemingly the same error message I am getting now he did something to the wireless settings on the laptop which stupidly I didn t see and Solved: Unable to connect to wifi on 2nd laptop it successfully connected When I attempted to connect my laptop to the same wireless router I got the same error message Connection Unsuccessful I clicked Diagnose Problem and got this This computer has got limited or no connectivity I first selected the Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter but this didn t solve the problem I then viewed the Wireless Network Security Settings and as far as I can see they are identical to those on the HP laptop that has successfully connected Security Type No Authentication open Encryption Type WEP Network Security Key Key Index I then connected my laptop to the router using the ADSL cable and was able to connect to the internet but I am still unable to get a wireless connection When I view the wireless connections I am Connected With Limited Access I have included information below about laptop router types I m not sure if anything else is required Please also bear in mind I am in Spain on holiday and my Spanish will definitely not be sufficient to try and communicate successfully with the telephone company The person I am staying with is fluent in Spanish and English but is even more of a computer illiterate than me ISP MOVISTAR ROUTER XAVI CONNECTION TYPE WIRELESS WIRELESS ENCRYPTION WEP OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM NO SERVICE PACKS INSTALLED BROWSER FIREFOX C Users Misha gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Misha gt PING YAHOO COM Pinging YAHOO COM with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Misha gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Users Misha gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lappytop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -BF- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a d cfd f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - B- -BA- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f bcc be f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February... Read more

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wifi on 2nd laptop

can we see an xirrus screen shot

Have you got the correct password for WEP for the wireless setting
remove the wireless profiles and reconnect and re-enter the password - see below

whats the make and model of the router - i would log intothe router and remove the WEP setting and see if you can now connect

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all
--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-on-2nd-laptop.982327/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I have just moved homes and I am unable to connect wirelessly to the internet through the network in my new house The computer is connected to the network with excellent signal strength but access shows as local only and will not connect to the to to unable wifi connections connect some Solved: internet All other computers have been able to Solved: unable to connect to some wifi connections connect to the internet with no problems and my computer will connect to other wifi connections no problem I can connect with a wire directly to the router but no luck with wifi I have also had this problem with one previous wifi network I have tried many things including taking the compter to a computer shop for them to look at and having another professional look at it but so far no luck Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard D CND S Q Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

PLEASE TELL ME THE HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM   " WINDOWS UNABLE TO CONNECT WIFI" IN hP15 R062TU NOTEBOOK PC INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT OS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WINDOWS-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT-WIFI/td-p/5703974
Relevancy 73.1%

In my laptop, whenever i try to connect to my wifi connection, it doesn't shows it. While on all the other devices wifi is working perfectly fine.

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello, I'm having some wifi issues. In the past few weeks I've only been able to use the internet on my laptop when connected via ethernet, despite having used the same wireless, router, laptop, etc perfectly fine for years!

When I first start up my laptop, I can see the list of my available connections. I press connect for my usual home router and then it will say "Windows was unable to connect to blahblahblah". And then the list will have a red cross and claim no connections are available. 

If I press troubleshoot problem, Windows Network Diagnostics says to "investigate router or access point issues", which involves turning the device off (done this several times). When I select "check to see if problem is fixed", it thinks for a bit then says "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue".

Please can you help?  

A:Windows unable to connect to Wifi

Welcome to BC. !

Have you Reset the router ?....this usually involves inserting the end of a paperclip into a tiny hole located on the router itself......google the name of the router and it will show you where that hole is.
The word Reset should be written directly above/beside the hole.

To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582941/windows-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I ve looked at the other posts but cant seem to find the solution I can not connect to the home WiFi network using this laptop yet I can connect this laptop to other public networks using the WiFi I can connect this laptop tp the home network using cable to the Netgear Broadband wireless router and I can connect this to laptop Solved: to home using Unable WiFi connect to the home network with other Solved: Unable to connect to home WiFi using this laptop devises ie ipads ipods Solved: Unable to connect to home WiFi using this laptop and another windows XP laptop I had McAfee installed which was not working and I have uninstalled it Here is a copy of an ipconfig all command I used Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sheila-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-AE- -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc aaa db acd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - -FF- - - B-AE- -BD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DD - B - - A - DED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BFC D- D - B -B DD-A A EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BC EC- B- F- C - BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BC EC- B- F- C - BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FFAA-A A- DB -A -BF E A C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If I ping the gateway only one or two packets returned I hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved I also searched on this forum but still Wifi, connect windows 10 public to to Unable nothing useful found If I missed the right topic I'm sorry I'll provide to erase this asap My problem is that I'm not able to access internet in every public free wifi connection that requires no password No problem at all when I access to a protect wifi everything runs as is supposed to be But when I try to connect to open wifi I have no internet connection So yes I can see Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 the name of the public wifi connect to it but still have no internet while people around me have no problem it says no interne open It doesn't even appear the pop up page to accept the conditions I've tried disable the firewall the antivirus and many extensions that I thought could interfere with it as AdBlock I have other extension as WOT Lastpass ProxFlow and Mailtrack But on Chrome so I thought there should be no problem for Internet Eplorer Thanks in advance and let me know if i should tell sometime more about my pc please try not to be too technic I use my laptop a lot but I'm no expert

A:Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Try to Reset your WiFi : Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset. You will lose all the Passwords and Config. Windows will reboot ,but it waits 5 min. to do it.
Try to Reset Firewall: Control Panel>Firewall>Restore Defaults . There is also an Option "Troubleshoot my Network"
Try the Troubleshooter: Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All>Internet Connection

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66670-unable-connect-public-wifi-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Just completed upgrade to windows 8 from 7 but am unable to connect to my wifi. Have iPad and MacBook that are still connected fine but my pc can now no longer find any wifi networks. If I select change pc settings I have no networking options available. If I access the desktop, control panel and network connections nothing I do will allow it to connect to a network. HELP!!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17111-unable-connect-wifi-following-windows-7-8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello, I have lost my wifi access via wifi. 
I am using my own router and all other devices are working fine.
It is picking it up, showing 5 bars and saying it is connected and I have internet access, but will not go onto any Internet pages.. Chrome
says DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET. 
When I ran troubleshooting on the wifi connection the the problem found was ' the remote device or resource won't accept the connection'. 
Please can someone help?
Thanks in advance, Jan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7bf25c80-386a-4557-b8e0-58784f7eec88/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-windows-81?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi team I have the on unable Wif connect to Tablet is available to Wifi is but Windows 10 user recently bought a new Tablet with Windows installed but unable to connect to wifi Description User has bought a new Sony Tablet with Windows installed Whenhe Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif search for a wifi he could see SSID available on Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif his machine and Signalstrength is good However when He clicks quot Connect quot The tablet willkeep being disconnected from the Wifi Network When other users who are on Tablet HP Desktop Laptop are able toconnect to Wifi Network with no issue When his machine is on the other location Airport MCDonald working fine Troubleshooting the troubleshooting that I have done are - Restart the device - Reinstall Old New Version of Wifi Drivers on the tablet - Disabled Firewall on Tablet Access Point - Disabled Password on Access Point - Restart the access point - Set the MAC Address to allow the tablet access to Wifi on AccessPoint - Set the IP Reservation for this Tablet - Set the Wireless LAN on Tablet to b n g None of the troubleshooting Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif above work for me Can you please advise

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32177-wifi-available-but-windows-10-tablet-unable-connect-wif.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My laptop is reading a full WiFi signal from my router I am currently connected to the router via Ethernet on the same laptop I ve been reading tons of old threads to troubleshoot this I m at a loss I have used this current networking hardware for more than a year without any problems I do have a pretty old router but my iPod connects to the WiFi no problem at the moment Here s what I ve tried so far - soft reset of router - power cycle modem and router - removed saved network information from the laptop - hard reset of router - ip release renew - dns flush - tcp ip reset - uninstalled reinstalled drivers for wireless card - system restore I have supplied an ipconfig all report the usual ping tests that I see requested and I have attached a screenshot of Xirrus Thank you kindly for the help Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name lt lt EDITED FOR PRIVACY gt gt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Laptop Connection 7 Connect Solved: Win Unable Wifi Full to to Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c f debc f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -F -A - - - - E-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A D D-BCCE- -B EA- BA ED Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c bc ddca Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c bc ddca Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E B -AB - DD - - D EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B AD -DAFE- F E- A A- B FF AA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping Tests Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all,

I've read through threads but they don't seem to answer my dilemna.
I have a Cisco Systems Linksys router & my laptop says I am connected to "linksys" but I can't browse or link to any websites.
I don't know what other details to add but would really appreciate some help...

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 71.38%

hello techguy..im new here and i have a problem ..im,a novice technician,my problem is i format my netbook samsung n102sp/n100sp..i succesfully format it and install os w7..my problem is device missing ethernet and network adapter ..i already dl realtek pcie family comtroller..and i wasnt able to connect wifi..i already switch on the wifi switch in the fn keys to on..and idont have ip address..local area conn./realtek pcie fam controller is unplugged..please help me tech guy..reply me asap..

A:wifi unable to connect (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

the pcie family controller is the wired network, not the wifi. you need to download the wofi drivers, install them and you should be good. the easiest way to do this is to hook up to the router with a cable, then download it. there are four available on the download page that said wifi, try them all to see which one works. i found them here: http://www.samsung.com/ph/support/model/NP-N102S-B04PH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1149059/
Relevancy 71.38%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 71.38%

This is what I am working with Laptop LENOVO Refurbished O S Windows home premium Version build Service pack bit Processor Intel i - M GHz Intel Family Model stepping Hard Drive C GB HDD Free suddenly internet and laptop 3months to via Solved: old connect Wifi to unable other GB D Free Ram Mb Graphics card Intel R HD Graphics Family - MB Motherboard LENOVO Emerald Lake Anti Virus McAfee Anti-Virus amp Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Modem Videotron Arris Model TM G Router Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR Level of knowledge Intermediate Learned how to use a computer in the time before Windows comfortable with using command prompt Have fixed many issue over the years with old and crappy Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other computers through research Not very familiar with wireless connections This is NOT the Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other issue I am trying to fix currently but might be good to know Last week laptop started freezing on Windows load going automatically to safe mode If I restart the computer after loading in safe mode Windows opens fine the second time Have tried stopping all other programs from loading at start up If I do a system restore everything works fine for a few days then starts freezing on Windows load again When Window does load I get the application error The application was unable to start correctly xc click ok to close but can still log in to Windows Also When I plug my cell phone via USB to computer it charges fine and can upload and download between the phone and laptop however if I connect a USB thumb drive I cannot open the folder save to it or open from it This is the issue I wish to fix first so I don t have to keep switching between my ancient and slow CPU and my Laptop trying to fix the above problem s Laptop recently stopped connecting to home WiFi automatically or manually Ran troubleshooters suggested I do a full power off the router and turn it back on Did that still not connecting Did a full power off of laptop and modem and router and restarted everything Still doesn t work Used manual Diagnostic tool and it fails the association test suggests that I check the profile I don t know much about wireless as I said so I do not know what profile I need to check or where it is located The laptop does connect sporadically to the internet at home via WiFi for a few minutes at a time on its own according to the wireless network connections During this time I see one of two messages in wireless network connections Unidentified network or limited access If I go into the network sharing centre it says I am connected to an unidentified public network and shows that this network is not connecting to the internet If I use the manual diagnostic tool at this time it passes the association test but fails the ping test Distance from the router does not seem to make a difference Often when it is disconnected I cannot even see my router in the list of available wireless network connections I can connect wireless to the router from my phone and have had no problems even while the laptop is unable to connect and the old CPU I am currently on which is a wired connection has had no trouble either Other things I tried I ve scanned for hardware changes in my network connections none and tried updating my driver software nothing to update all are enabled Have tried disabling and re-enabling Troubleshoot Internet connections Can t identify a problem Did an ipconfig all since I can t use a thumb drive had to take phone pic attached below A glaring issue is that there is no default gateway info however I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance for any help responses JBeans nbsp

A:Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-3months-old-laptop-suddenly-unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-and-other.1091352/
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently bought a Windows 7 Gateway computer, but was unaware that Windows XP was installed. Now, I am having trouble connecting to my network whether it be through WIFI or Ethernet cable.

A:How can I connect to a WIFI network on Windows XP?

so is it a dual boot with a choice of W7 or XP
or just XP

can we see an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)[/indent]

For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-connect-to-a-wifi-network-on-windows-xp.1167024/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, can anybody please help me set up a wireless access point?
I have an Acer aspire 5315, recently removed Vista and installed Xp SP3 with SATA Drivers. I'm trying to use an Atheros AR5007EG network adapter to set up a network. My computer comes integrated Intel/PRO Wireless 2200BG Acer InviLink 802.11b/g LAN connection, and i'm using a usb vodafone huawei broadband modem to connect to the internet. I need to learn how to configure internet connection sharing and to create a connection so i can access the internet on my iphone.

I've updated the drivers for my network adapter but im pretty clueless on how to go about it from here... any help would be incredible.

Thanks

A:Solved: help creating a wifi or ad-hoc network to connect my iPhone

You need a broadband wireless router. I would recommend Linksys, although that is just personal opinion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-creating-a-wifi-or-ad-hoc-network-to-connect-my-iphone.937638/
Relevancy 70.09%

lost wifi access thru local home connection can connect thru public network my grandma during last visit accidentally changed the network to her laptop Have tried to reset netgear wnr v with pin in back turned off and waited and turned back on again--no success have tried to set up new network--see the network listed but no internet access available have modem router from comcast My laptop is Acer Aspire with Lan Broadcom and wireless lan atheros Hope that helps gettting discouraged have looked on your other threads posts for suggestions-have tried many so far no help have used your website in past and has always helped esp since I m not very computer savvy How can I get my wifi connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Vicatron gt PING PING is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file network connect Solved: local/home cant wifi to C Users Vicatron gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping Solved: wifi cant connect to local/home network statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Vicatron gt nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 68.8%

Im getting an error message of quot Local area connection quot doesnt have a valid IP Configuration I have uninstalled reinstalled the netowork driver reset my modem and router and tried a winsock repair Other computers on the same network can connect with zero issues I get the same issue on the computer with any network I try to connect to wired or wireless The laptop is a Toshiba U D-S running windows bit Any help would be greatly appreciated This is what comes up under ipconfig Microsoft R Windows DOS C Copyright Microsoft Corp - C USERS FRYS gt ipconfig Windows to Unable ANY connect Solved: network. to IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media Solved: Unable to connect to ANY network. State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix wavecable com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe f f daf Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Solved: Unable to connect to ANY network. Area Connection Media State Media Solved: Unable to connect to ANY network. disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap wavecable com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D B F -D C- E - D - E DBF C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B AA-AD B- AB-AE - A E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C USERS FRYS gt nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Specs Gig RAM Gig HDD Mb Geforce LE Intel Core Duo Ghz Marvell Yukon E network. [SOLVED] to Unable connect to Gigabit Ethernet Controller Okay so here's the status I can't connect to my network at all There are no connections listed in the Network Connections menu in the Control Panel The ipconfig all results in the message 'Internal error The request is not supported' In the Device Manager all the network adapter components are listed mainly the Marvell Yukon controller however they all have exclamation marks next to them When checking their status they give the message 'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code ' I've tried reinstalling the controller drivers as well as uninstalling the controller completely and reinstalling it I've also tried a few solutions mainly from this site actually including the regsvr netshell dll netcfgx dll netman dll commands in the cmd menu as well as resetting tcp ip using the netshell command I'm at an utter loss Tomorrow I intend to open up the computer and take a look at the controller In the meantime anyone have any other ideas Any help will be hugely appreciated Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] Unable to connect to network.

Update:
Okay, opened her up, found that the NIC is integrated so I can't replace it or remove it. Searched the Acer site (PC's an E560) for any other controller drivers, but ended up with the same ones that won't work.

I am now completely stumped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unable-to-connect-to-network-509116.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently reloaded Windows XP Home on a Compaq EVO N600 Laptop. Everything seems to be fine, except the wireless adapter will nor attach to a wireless network. I see a secure network and enter the correct WAP No. but it will not connect. It worked just fine before I reloaded the operating system. What Am I missing here?

A:Solved: Unable to connect to Network

I reloaded windows, and the problem went away. I must have got a bad load the first time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-network.805469/
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 68.37%

I do a lot of wifi hotspot testing over Teamviewer. When the hotspot doesn't work I lose the Teamviewer connection. Is there any way to make Windows connect to a specific network after about 60 seconds or so?

If I can choose the specific wifi network to make Windows to connect to after a set amount of time my life would be much easier!

A:[Q] Make Windows Connect to Specific Wifi Network After 60 seconds?

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

So, there are two or more Wi-Fi SSIDs that you are authorized to connect to in the remote location?

Others in the forum might have a better way to do this, but I would use AutoIt in a ping loop - if the ping fails - then double check - if ping still fails, use netsh to create a connection. Or use the info here or here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/273998-q-make-windows-connect-specific-wifi-network-after-60-seconds.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Desktop computer and its running Windows XP and for some reason i cant connect to the network using my USB Wifi addapter It use to work but then suddenly it stoped working after my computer froze while playing a game Anyways its just says that quot not connected quot I tried refreshing the network list but still doesnt work I have also checked Wifi Belkin using Desktop connect Can not in USB XP my Network Adapter to Windows multiple times if i put the correct password and its correct Sometimes it connects and i try opening IE or Chrome and IE says quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot And Google Chrome says quot ERROR net ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED The Internet Connection has been lost quot I also checked Windows Firewall and checked if Windows Firewall was blocking these two But it wasn t And there are times when it connects but then disconects And its weird becuse my iPod Touch and my brother s laptop have no problems connecting to the network So i dont know how to fix this anymore And i have Can not connect to Network in my Windows XP Desktop using Belkin USB Wifi Adapter this problem for about months already PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

A:Can not connect to Network in my Windows XP Desktop using Belkin USB Wifi Adapter

you could try logging into the router and removing the wireless security and see if it can then connect - if it can , add the security back on and see if connects

can we see a device manager screen shot - also try a tcp/ip reset
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -
-------------------
Start > control Panel > system > {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} > +

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-connect-to-network-in-my-windows-xp-desktop-using-belkin-usb-wifi-adapter.1067002/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have pc using vista ultimate and laptops using vista home premium I use a BT homehub to which my pc is connected via ethernet and the laptop Solved: network unable home to connect - are connected via wireless connection Network discovery has been activated on all machines and all machines are visible on the network The problem I am having is each of the laptops can share files and folders via the network laptop can share with the pc in both directions but laptop can not access the pc even tho the pc can access laptop When accessing the pc via the laptop i get an error message stating quot FRANCIS-PC is not accessible You may not have permission to use the network resource Solved: home network - unable to connect quot This problem has only come about since the laptop os was re - built As a tempoary stop gap I have been using net-op remote control host and guest to allow laptop to access the pc which was working fine but now it states that the pc cannot be found even though it can be seen in the network window I have tried pinging the pc and that was successful with no loss Any help would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-network-unable-to-connect.840364/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an Acer Aspire Z that is running Windows Vista Solved: any connect network Unable wireless to to with an Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter The Windows installation is a brand new clean install with all drivers on the computer being the latest and greatest from their respective manufacturers Now for my problem I Solved: Unable to connect to any wireless network am unable to connect Solved: Unable to connect to any wireless network to any wireless network using either the onboard wireless network card or an external USB wireless network adapter When I scan for wireless networks my cpu will see them I can then select whichever network I want to try and connect to but when I click the connect button it never takes me to the authentication screen to input the WEP key I have tried to manually enter the WEP and configure the network but then when I try to connect to the network it still tells me that Windows is unable to connect to the network It gives me the option to diagnose connection or connect to another network but when I try diagnosing the connection it scans for a split second then it only gives me an option to go view available wireless networks It is like my computer has lost the ability to authenticate a network connection Has anyone ran across this problem before and do you know a fix I m looking for any ideas you can give me here as my daughter starts college in a couple of weeks and she really needs this computer Please help me if you can nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to any wireless network

there is an issue with vista and that adapter - see below

Just try with the internal adapter and the suggestions below - if they don't work - we can come back to the usb adapter and diagnose further

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the downloaded zip file to
> Next
Click OK and Windows will install the driver for you.

-------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-any-wireless-network.1065213/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello All,
Can anybody help me in solving my problem. I just formatted my Dell Inspirion N5010 last week. Ever since then, I have not been able to connect to my office wireless network.

I was using this network before my system was formatted. one funny thing is that i can connect to other wireless network in range but find it difficult to connect to my office network. I always get limited network access while other people in the same office have access to the network.

Please what could be the problem?

Thank you

Relevancy 67.94%

I'm unable to connect a Compaq TC1000 via the 802.11b WLAN Mini PCI Card. I'm using a Linksys WRK54G router with my desktop wired, Gateway 2728 Tablet PC Wireless, but unable to connect the TC1000 wireless. (Note: I can connect the TC1000 wired.)

I'm using WPA and it appears that the Compaq 802.11b WLAN Mini PCI Card does not support WPA. Is there an update or work-around? I could switch back to WEP, but I would prefer using the WPA settings.

Can anyone assist me with this problem.

Relevancy 67.94%

I m new to this site I m also a beginner when it comes to connections and stuff I have a network to Solved: wireless to Unable connect desktop and laptop that I ve connected to a wireless network in my home I picked up an olderlaptop and have not been able to connect to my wireless network All I Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network need for this laptop is to edit and upload pictures to snapfish My son brought over a wireless USB adaptor and couldn t get that to work either The laptop is an HP using windows XP Home editions version service pack Pentium R CPU GHz In the device manager the network adaptors are net adapter and realtek rtl family PCI fast ethernet nic Neither one has a red x Under other devices still in device manager base system device hp integrated bluetooth module multimedia audio controller network controller pci modem sm bus controller video controller VGA Compatible all have yellow question marks It s also missing the wireless icon There is a message Local area connection a network cable is unplugged I can connect to the internet with a cable connection Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name unknown-b c Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address - F-B - A-AF- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday October P M Lease Expires Sunday October PM C Documents and Settings User gt CURRENTLY INSTALLED PROGRAMS HP INTEGRATED WIRELESS LAN W -W DRIVER TL-WN N TL-WN N DRIVER Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus None Please let me know if I need to provide any more information Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network

Usually the guys like to have make and model of the computer, copies of the ipconfig /all and screenshots of the expanded Device Manager.

Hopefully the problems are just corrupted or wrong drivers.
First thing would be to go to HP support and see if you can download the drivers for the hardware that shows the yellow ?. From your list, you probably need to do at least Chipset, Wireless, Video and Audio drivers

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

3 ways to find the drivers.
Enter the product name/number and search
Download and install the HP ID tool
Search by product catagory, type, name

Also, updating to XP SP3 would make things work better,
SP2 doesn't work with WPA2 unless it has patch KB 893357 installed.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1974

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1074367/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 530 using an Intel 82562V-2 wireless adapter.

Ever since my PC fell asleep while I was updating to iOS 5.0 on my iPhone, I havent had wireless.

It's not acknowledging my network.
I think it's a "switch"... but have no clue where that would be.

Any thoughts/ideas on a fix?
I'm at a complete loss for ideas.

Thanks,
-JasJBB

Relevancy 67.94%

I'm having some trouble connecting my desktop to my wireless router. Whenever I try to connect to my own network the desktop just says connecting for a while then does nothing.

The desktop is using a Belkin F5D7000 v1 wireless adapter and is running Windows XP SP3.

The router is a Linksys WRT54G2.

Both have the most recent firmware/driver updates, though the latest driver for the wireless adapter is about 6 years old.

I have tried disabling all the network security options and still cannot connect.

I've also been able to successfully connect to my network with a laptop, as well as connect to nearby wireless networks with the desktop.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice please let me know.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, i am unable to connect to wireless network in my office. the configuration and all worked out just fine and i was able to connect unsecured, however when we put a key on there, i am unable to connect. i am even able to connect to my neighbour's unsecured network and i can connect to our wireless router via ethernet cable. i sure hope you can help me. thanks.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys, I just loaded up my machine with Windows Vista Home Basic and wanted to connect my another laptop to it via Wireless AdHoc network. I created a wireless adhoc network from the network and sharing center. But was unable to connect the other laptop to it. Everything is ok. My WLAN is on, drivers are also latest. Please help.

My system configuration-
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1406 Mb
Graphics Card: VIA Chrome9 HC IGP, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 20002 MB, Free - 9600 MB; D: Total - 20002 MB, Free - 6003 MB; E: Total - 36303 MB, Free - 7469 MB;
Motherboard: HCL Infosystems Limited, Notebook PC, VT6363A, 1234567890
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 67.94%

So my dell laptop has been working fine for over a year now until today, we just changed over our internet/TV/telephone provider and now i get an error message saying "Windows was unable to connect to this network" when i try to connect to our network. My other laptop (which is vista) can connect succesfully no problems, my ps3 can connect succesfully no problem. Pretty much everything else connects fine but my Wind. 7 Laptop lol. It is working fine now with an Ethernet cable connected to the wireless modem gateway. I will provide any information for anyone who has any idea on how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in Advance, Shmister

A:Solved: "Windows was unable to connect to this network" Windows 7

Hi: May we see :
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-this-network-windows-7.1016703/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a windows 7. This is first time happening this to me. I was on my computer last night and then all of the sudden the internet stopped working and then when I tried to connect back to my network it said windows was unable to connect to network, heres a short video i made from my ipod which internets does work on http://videobam.com/bQxDG
http://videobam.com/bQxDG

A:Windows was unable to connect to network?

Remove Wireless Profiles and restart the PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-network.1052990/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello First post here probably won t be my last Here s the situation I m trying to connect to my wireless network but when I do it simply says quot Windows could not connect to my network name quot Then I go to troubleshooting and I get to a loading screen that says quot Detecting problems looking for problems in adapter resolving problems ver etc quot and then another window pops up when that s done that basically tells me to reset the adapter wait seconds yada yada you know how that goes I reset my modem and then press quot Check to see if the problem is fixed quot Same loading screen comes up as the one I posted unable connect (network to name) was to Windows above Then it comes to a screen that says quot Windows could not resolve your wireless connectivity issue quot There is a backstory to this Last weekend my mom s computer crashed not exactly sure what happened she is much less computer literate than I am and just credited the crash Windows was unable to connect to (network name) to a virus but I m pretty sure that wasn t it long story short she just had a friend re-install windows and whatnot She needed me to her re-connected to our wireless network At the time I was able to and was connected to our network I ran into the same problem with hers but ended up doing something to get it to work I didn t meddle with any of the network options I don t think I can t remember I didn t change any passwords I left it on WPA- Personal all that So I get hers connected and now I have this problem with mine it will connect to the internet through a wired connection running from the back of the wireless adapter but wireless is no hope right now I have a Belkin Belkin f d I entered my computer specs when I registered here so yeah I need help Sorry if I didn t adquetly explain things nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I am using Acer aspire Z laptop with windows for four years nbsp I have installed Qualcomm Atheros AR B Wireless network adapter downloaded from Acer official website for windows bit operating system I am trying to connect to wireless network the network. unable to to Windows was connect but after Windows was unable to connect to the network. connecting a window appear with a message Windows was unable to connect to the network nbsp I run windows troubleshooting and the resulting window showed a message Problem with network adapter or access point I am using the same wireless network for my samsung and micromax android phones and they are working well with the same wirless network nbsp Sometime nbsp wireless network connects but after few minutes it disconnects Also the Windows was unable to connect to the network. wireless network disconnects if my router is in one room and I use the laptop from another room After searching solutions for this problem Windows was unable to connect to the network. on Acer support website and Microsoft support I uninstalled the wireless network adapter and reinstalled the driver but the problem is still persist I format my laptop and again installed window and wireless network adapter for many times but the nbsp problem remain same I tried the solution given below but it didn't worked too nbsp SOLUTION Open computer management Clicked on device manager double clicked Atheros AR BB Wireless Network Adapter selected driver tab selected Update Driver selected Browse My Computer selected Let me pick from a list of device drivers selected Have Disk navigated to the directory where the win driver was and installed it nbsp SOLUTION Step Uninstall the Network Adapter Follow these steps to Network Adapter Press Windows key X and select Device Manager Search for Network Adapter and expand it Right click on the Network Adapter and select Uninstall Steps nbsp install the latest driver Check if you are able to access Internet Please click on the correct link depending on the bit version of your computer nbsp nbsp Please help me to fix this problem nbsp subject line edited to reflect new topic nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-the-network/td-p/458410
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all I am using windows and browsed internet regarding this problem for connect was unable windows to to name) (network almost a windows was unable to connect to (network name) week now Any help is highly windows was unable to connect to (network name) appreciated Other windows laptops and mobiles are connected to the network and running well No problems detected with Network adapters in Device Manager Here s the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users xxxx gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name xxxx-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-E -D -AE- -F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C-E -D -AE- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Network Adapter Physical Address C - - -DE-A - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -C - E- -F -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D F A -E AA- F A- A- E BEFA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BDA AA-CE F- A - A - F ED DDC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DCDD - - - -C C E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DC -E - EB - B- EC A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Result of ipconfig release and ipconfig renew Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users xxxx gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its me dia disconnected No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected Tried restarting the router a number of times Tried resetting WINSOCK IPv TCP IP stack and IPv TCP IP stack - but no use nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

hi i am trying to connect to a network with my dell laptop win xp sp This is the first time ive tried connecting to this particular network but ive never had a problem connecting to other wireless networks I have an Intel Pro wireless card it picks up the network with a very strong signal but when i click to connect i get the error Windows is unable to connect to the selected network Network may no longer be in range Please refresh and try connect again Ive with laptop to to Solved: one network connect wireless unable refreshed and gone to services msc to restart the wireless zero config Its a secure network so i unsecured it as a test but i still get the above error The other laptop using this network can connect fine My ISP told me its my wireless Solved: unable to connect to wireless network with one laptop adaptor even tho it works fine on loads Solved: unable to connect to wireless network with one laptop of other networks - ive been travelling and used so many with no probs I called dell and they checked it out we updated the drivers also uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter Dell thinks its a s w conflict between the adapter and the router I had a spare linksys usb adapter which worked fine before so ive just disabled the intel pro and installed this instead still getting the same error message Just some info about the router we got it from the ISP they came and set it up Its a modem and wireless router in one the make is netopia My ISP still say its my computer thats the problem pointing to the fact that as the other laptop can connect this is proof that the modem works fine please help as im losing my mind trying to figure this out Sorry the story is so long just wanted to show the troubleshooting ive done so far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300D laptop, and have off/on problems with connecting to the internet and inhome network. It shows the wireless network card is Toshiba Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter. I have updated drivers in the Device Manager. I have high speed internet with D-Link modem and router, and unless this laptop is right beside the modem I can not connect. I have a second Dell laptop, which can connect no matter where in the home I am - including outside! So it appears to be low signal strength or something, but even sometimes it just drops out and I'm unable to connect... Any ideas? I an not a techie...

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet/network unless right beside modem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-network-unless-right-beside-modem.967898/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I have a problem It Unable connect network a to to wireless Solved: by internet is a period of time of some weeks since my laptop is unable to access the internet It succesfully connects to a wireless network I can see the name of it but after connecting my laptop is displaying quot Unidentified network quot below the network name Also I don t have Internet access In the task bar my wireless icon has an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle I have tried to connect with another laptop at a wireless network my laptop can t connect and it worked for the other laptop So the problem is with my laptop not with the network Can you help me My laptop is Acer Aspire Z My network wireless adaptors are Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter and Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter They work properly OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JV Rev LXPAR C F Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

My Gateway laptop is about 5 years old. I turned it on one morning and it said "Unable to connect to preferred wireless network." After messing around with it, checking connections, WEP key, & other settings it connected after a few minutes by itself. But then disconnected again. I am unsure what it could be. When looking at the settings and properties I dont really know what Im looking for. Please help. thank you.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, The problem is I can't connect to my router, It says "unable to connect to wireless network" . Been trying to 5 days now to fix this, Not getting anywhere.
Laptop is, HP Pavilion g6 Notebook, My network wireless adaptor is realtek rtl8188ce 802.11b/g/n.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Relevancy 67.08%

"... The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks and try again."

I was given an old pc (Dell Optiplex 320) which had been used where I work. I did not reformat, but reinstalled XP Pro from the supplied Dell reinstallation disc. I have installed drivers for the graphics card and for the wireless adapter. I am unable to connect wirelessly at home or at work. I do have the network key for the workplace router, but can't get to the point where I need to enter it. I tried to connect to my smartphone's wifi hotspot, to no avail. I'm sure this is a simple fix, however my skills are spotty at best.

A:"Windows is unable to connect to the wireless network."

If these are the specs for the computer you have :-  http://www.northwoodcomputer.com/Flyers/opti_320techspecs.pdf

Then, as built by Dell, it doesn't contain a wireless card !  It is of course always possible that one was fitted later. If you are certain you (1) have a wireless card, (2) have identified it correctly, and (3) have managed to find and install the drivers for it, the possibility remains that the card may be faulty. Experience shows that wireless cards can fail, and in some very non-obvious ways !

It might be worth your while trying a USB wi-fi dongle if only to check that the problem is or is not with your card. I have used one in my own computer since the day we went wireless - see picture - and is mounted in a magnetic mounted clip as far forward on the casing as it will go with a short extension cable to the back panel.

http://imageshack.com/a/img577/9316/v3k4.jpg

If you cannot borrow one, they are not expensive. That is why I bought one in the first place, it was cheaper than an internal card. But it will tell you if a wi-fi signal is reaching your computer and whether or not you can connect. If you can connect with a dongle, then your wireless card is probably deceased.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527542/windows-is-unable-to-connect-to-the-wireless-network/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I have a HP Compaq nc laptop which is currently using intel R PRO wireless BG network connection Network adapter Its a microsoft windows XP professional version service pack My router is a network. selected to is connect to unable the Windows sky home hub model SR Firmware Version j R and is connected through WPA -PSK I used to be able to connect to my secured connection at home however I can no longer connect It comes up with the following error quot detecting network type quot quot windows is unable to connect to the selected network the network may no longer be in range please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again quot I have connected my laptop with a wired connection and its works just fine Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. I have deleted and re-installed the drivers however this does not make any difference I have also tried to disable the internal wirelss card and used a netgear dongle It connects with that for about minute then discconnects and does not connect again I have another laptop same brand model and specs that connects perfectly I do not understand where the problem lies can someody please help me nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there,

I recently rebooted an older laptop that has a wireless B & G card. When I tried to log on to the wireless connection (2wire model#:2701HG-B) I received an error message: "Windows is unable to connect to selected network..." I have other computers connected to the gateway but cannot figure out how to connect this one. I have used both windows and my wireless adapter's connection utility to try but with no luck. (I have a Dell Wireless 1450 Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card.)

I have also tried switching the connection between shared and open as well as the password between WEP and WPA encryption. I am not sure what else to do.

Please help. Thanks - Ryan

A:Windows is unable to connect to selected network...

You look at the settings of a working connection and then set this laptop up accordingly.

You should not be playing/guessing at the wireless encryption method. It is either wep or wpa but you need to know that and the correct key or you are not going anywhere.

work on getting a wireless connection to the router then the rest should follow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-is-unable-to-connect-to-selected-network.796908/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hye Guys..Can You Tell Me How To Fix This ?

i Already Try This Way In This Website : Fix "Windows is Unable to Connect to the Selected Network" But it still no work :'(

Almost 1 Week Already This Problem :'(

A:windows was unable to connect to [selected network]

Can you provide some more information about the network and was everything working before?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349834-windows-unable-connect-selected-network.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Alright I have had three tech support specialist from Bell remote assist me and all of them including one quot Level quot specialist whom I was on the phone with while he was remote assissting me could not figure out the problem Anyway I am using the Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter Model F D Version to connect to the wireless network I m using my Desktop computer which has Windows Ultimate -bit The router modem is the wire from Bell I have uninstalled the adapter s software and removed the drivers re-installed the software inserted the router and installed the driver and nothing I have also tried changing the wireless channel in the wire s settings stop and restart the DHCP My Internet connection is set to automaticly obtain IP addresses I believe it is due to the fact that there is a number after Windows to Name] connect Network to [Wireless was unable the wireless connection name Wireless Network Connection If there is anymore information needed please let me know Thanks for all the help nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I recently moved from an XP machine to Windows 7 Home premium and I am now unable to connect to network shares, printers, etc at work. This is a laptop that I use both at home and at work and it's not in the domain (neither was the XP machine). On the XP machine I just mapped network drives and printers using the server name and then used my network credentials (\domain\username and password). The Windows 7 machine is in the network (it's wired through ethernet) and I can access the internet through our proxy server. When I look under "Network", I see all of the servers and clients on the network, but when I try to connect to one of them, I am prompted for login/password- once I enter these, it says "Logon failure: unknown username or bad password".

Why does this work under XP and not Windows 7?

Thanks,
Geoff

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to network resources

Looks like nobody has any ideas on this one. I guess I'll just dual-boot XP - this is the kind of thing that makes it tough for me to defend Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153727-windows-7-unable-connect-network-resources.html
Relevancy 67.08%

"Windows is unable to connect to the selected network." The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again."

Thats what I get when I try connecting to my wireless connection via my laptop. It works fine on my other computer. Any way I can solve this? Thanks!

A:Windows is unable to connect to the selected network

has the router got secruity set and have you set that up on the PC
are you using windows wireless and the utility that came with the network adapter - sometimes these can cause problems

I assume the other PC is using wireless

make model of Pc and adapter would help

do you see the wireless network OK in the list - if so does it say anything about secruity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-is-unable-to-connect-to-the-selected-network.529860/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I know that this question via but connects Unable connect network, to wireless Ethernet Solved: to has been asked a lot on here but unfortunately none of the solutions helped Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, but connects via Ethernet fix my problem Last week I was using my laptop when suddenly it disconnected from the internet I tried fixing it the next day and even though there were full bars it wouldn t connect to the network I restarted my router multiple times and nothing So after a fit of anger and messing with different settings on my computer I pretty much gave up For some reason I was able to connect to the internet or times over the past week for about - minutes before it would disconnect me for the rest of the day So I m honestly so stumped I thought maybe it might have just been my router but I m at my dad s house now and I m not able to connect to his network either He tried helping me fix my laptop and thinks I might need to go ahead an order a new wireless adapter but neither of us are that well with computers networking I m hooked up via Ethernet cord which seems to be working fine but my wireless is only able to read and not actually connect On occasion it will actually connect to the internet but when it does I can t actually access the internet I ve tried uninstalling my wireless adapter disabling enabling it a bunch of weird commands that I don t even know what they do probably shouldn t have messed with those stopping restarting services etc Anyways thank you so much for your time I really appreciate it ipconfig all with Ethernet unplugged Host Name Taylorrr-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - C- - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C FDC- D- E -A D-C CCCD A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, but connects via Ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-but-connects-via-ethernet.1063833/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone I tried my entire afternoon trying to figure this out but to no avail Fortunately I found this place out of my desperation for a solution My netbook works very well in my home network but when I brought it to my workplace I was unable to connect to wireless to network unable but connect to connected Solved: internet to the internet eventhough I could connect to the wireless network Other computers and Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet laptops were able to connect and use the internet well using the same router I tried manually configuring my IP and default gateway based on what I Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet read but nothing worked I hope that someone Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet would be able to help me out with my issue Thanks in advance Here s my system config hoping this would help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Antivirus Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: connected to wireless network but unable to connect to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wireless-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.1061395/
Relevancy 66.65%

Unable to connect to network with either a wireless or hardwire connection.

I do not use this computer very often. It is the one used by my kids to play "Club Penguin", etc.

I was away at scout camp with my oldest boy and when I got back, the internet did not work. It appears that several other "System" resources are not working either.

I did IPCONFIG /ALL and nothing is connected.

I tried to ping the router and got no response. "Transmit failed"

I tried to go to restore and that failed as well.

I went to the store and picked up a new usb wireless card and that did not work either. I feel confident that the issue is NOT the wireless card. I attached a screen shot of the IPCONFIG /ALL screen.

I am having a challenge to figure out how to fix this.

Please help.

A:Solved: Unable to connect to network with either a wireless or hardwire connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-network-with-either-a-wireless-or-hardwire-connection.1101993/
Relevancy 66.65%

Can this be true? I have a wireless network that does not broadcast its SSID, as this is recommended for best security. All of the computers running XP and XP Pro have no trouble connecting to the network. We just acquired a new Acer notebook with Vista Home Pro and it connects to the network just fine as long as I allow broadcast of the SSID, but as soon as I hide the SSID, the Vista notebook can no longer connect. I find it really hard to believe that Microsoft could be this dumb, especially since it works on XP. Can someone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Relevancy 66.65%

I just got a new laptop from the computer. It's a Dell 4300. MS XP Professional ver. 2002 is installed. Network adapters include 1394 Net Adapter, Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection and Intel(R) WiFI Link 5300 AGN. The laptop can connect to wireless network in the office, but not at home. It said, "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enable another program to mage this wireless connection, use that software). If I connect the laptop to the router , it works. I have desktop goes wireless too, but there is no problem. I am using Linksys wireless G 2.4 GHz broadband router (my friend set up for me 2 years ago using fireware dd_wrt v24 rc-4). Anybody can help?

Relevancy 66.65%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled HP Pavillion g - dx Notebook is unable to identify know working networks Cannot connect to the Internet using wireless or Ethernet cable It is able to see all Wireless networks and connects but It see the network as being unidentified All of my other wireless devices are connecting just fine Is this a hardware issue I pinged the loop back and all packets were sent and received However when I Ping the Default Gateway the request timed out all packets lost Is this a hardware issue or is there something else that I can do to resolve this situation nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

unable to connect to preferred wireless network - windows xp

When I boot my laptop (Toshiba Salellite C600) ,It connects to the wireless connection automatically using the security key,,but after few minutes it disconnects displays an error (unable to connect to preferred wireless network) .and it doesn't even detect the wireless network after that.
But if I restart the laptop some times i get the wireless connection back / in some cases i use the following command (>netsh winsock reset catalog) in the command prompt and restart.

I also updated my XP with the service pack 3 and uninstalled the wireless network card and re-installed.,but it didnt help.

This happened after I expired my free version of Avast virus guard.I use AVG as my virus guard

But I still get this error on and on...please help

A:unable to connect to preferred wireless network windows xp

nuwanju...I'm not an expert on network cards, but, when the internet connection shuts down, does the network card still show up in Device Manager? Is there a yellow question mark or a red x there?

Maybe something is wrong with the motherboard connection to the network card. I was thinking maybe it could be overheating? Just an idea...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-preferred-wireless-network-windows-xp.1084090/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys I have already seen many threads with the same problem but none of the solutions worked for me I am unable to connect to my router Beetel TC via wireless network Even if I enter displayed strength to wireless signal connect network, Solved: Unable to full an incorrect security key no authentication error is displayed The wired connection works flawlessly and I can access router admin panel through wired connection Things I have tried Called up the Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed ISP customer care They upgraded the router firmware did a hard reset and did all settings remotely This did not fix the problem and the executive reported that I have a faulty hardware I think my hardware is fine because the same problem exists with other smartphone devices and I can connect to college WiFi easily Changed wireless security authentication and SSID Tried a manual hard reset and firmware downgrade same problem persists with downgraded firmware and again upgrade Tried different operating systems Windows Windows Ubuntu Same problem exists with each of them I think the problem lies with my WiFi router because the ISP executive did all required settings remotely ipconfig all result Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chirag-HP gt ipconfig Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chirag Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Dri ver Physical Address AC- - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address AC- - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - F- -B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db d b ccbb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - D- - - F- -B - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E - - F- C- E CBDFD F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c e d a e d Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e d a e d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Router config http picpaste com im - xgPxsnq jpg http picpaste com im -HqSrSJfH jpg http picpaste com im -K oGngVK jpg http picpaste com im -vvIW pR jpg Guys Please help me nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, full signal strength displayed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-full-signal-strength-displayed.1093151/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so I am working at a friend's house and I have run into a debacle. He needs his wireless adapter to be in a new room with better reception for the house. There are two Wall ports let's say port A and port B. He used to be in port A but wants to move to Port B. When hard connected to either port the internet works fine as well as generates the same IP, DNS, and gateway settings. When I connect Wireless however only port A connects to the internet. Port B will not connect to the internet even though the IP, DNS, and gateway are still the same when I check the wireless ipconfig. Any ideas. I have tried renewing, refreshing, flushing dns cache, making sure his ipv4 is automatic.

A:Wifi unable to connect to DNS

Are these ports connected to a router - whats the make and model of the router
Does if have two fixed IP address OR perhaps the DNS is set to 2 only

can we see an ipconfig /all please
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-to-dns.1127057/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I am having 3rd generation Ipod Touch..In that i can able to connect with wifi...Only skype is connecting through wifi and no other applications are connecting through wifi...

Can you guys please tell me what i can do with that...otherwise can i configure proxy for that wireless connection and connect to that network somehow...

Please guys help me on this.....

advance thanks for you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-wifi.1076029/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi friends i have the problem i cannot access my laptop to the wifi my laptop is intel r atom tm cpu n270 1.60ghz plz help

A:unable to connect wifi

Please post a  MiniToolBox log, so we can see the specs of your computer. Also this seems like a network issue, and a MOD may want to move it to the appropriate category.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494790/unable-to-connect-wifi/
Relevancy 64.07%

hello! I really need help After reinstalling my Windows I can not connect to wifi. I can see connection but it is impossible to connect to it. Windows writes me :Windows is unable to connect to wifi. I tried a lot of advice from the internet but it did not work.
Thank you for any help

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

it may be that the hardware in the HCL PC does not support WPA-PSK - depending on how old - but also may just need a driver update

Whats the exact make and model of the HCL - see if a later driver is available from the manufacturers website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi.965055/
Relevancy 64.07%

(My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium)I have had this laptop since 2011 and somewhere in 2012 I think I somehow deleted the ralink WiFi adapter.I haven't been able to use WiFi since then.I got on the HP Recovery Manager and reinstalled the drivers and it alerted me that Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter was unable to reinstall.So I looked it up and downloaded it on this website and it saved in a folder called c:\SWSetup\SP56942But after that nothing happens.Can anyone help me out?

A:Unable to connect to WiFi?

Hi: If your notebook is missing the wireless card driver, there should be a device listed in the device manager under an Other Devices category named Network Controller. Please post the hardware ID for the network controller device so I can figure out what driver it needs. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller device. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5668631
Relevancy 64.07%

So My laptop turned off last night then when I opened it in the morning I automatically fixed it coz its recommended then my laptop is not genuine anymore and theres a yellow triangle with an exlamation point in it in my wifi icon.It is connected but The wifi doesn't work. Pls help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Unable-to-connect/td-p/5631071
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having trouble connecting to any websites through wifi. I have connected to the wifi and used CMD to ping google.com and i get no errors but when i open my browser and try it it says "? Make sure the web address Google is correct ? look for the page with your search engine ? Refresh the page in a few minutes. " all of which i have done i then proceeded to click the Fix connection problems button and i get an alert saying nothing could be found. How do i fix it?

A:Unable to connect through wifi

Which web browser are you using? If you are using internet explorer, do a reset by going to tools, internet options, advanced, reset, ok, then start browser again. Make sure there are no proxies set that would interfere.

Also check any security software or antivirus, they can cause this problem many times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388206-unable-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've bought this HP Notebook 14-ac144TU P3U54PA and have no idea to connect to wifi. Please let me know which drivers I have to install and what I have to do to enable my laptop connect to wifi?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-wifi/td-p/5655795
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello First via connect - WiFi Unable to im using -PLANET USB WLAN Stick WL-U L - The router which is causing my headache is Unable to connect - via WiFi ThomsonST - SpeedTouch - OS is Windows bit So here goes the problem - I connect Unable to connect - via WiFi normally to the router with my wifi stick - its around - signal Im on internet - everything s fine But suddenly it just Disconnects me Says - No Internet Access I cant go to internet nor access the router configuration - basically disconnected I try to connect again and then it says quot Unable to connect quot For absolutely no reason It keeps saying unable to connect for mins - mins - mins - minutes Completely random And then suddenly I can connect again What I noted is that - When I survey via Win default connection panel - after my problem occured - after it says unable to connect the router disappears for lets say - secs and then i can see it again but same problem - cant connect for random time What I tried so far is Updating my Windows Tried it on XP via WiFi - same it wont connect just on XP it says that connection is no longer in range Changed the channel on which router works Tried connecting with my integrated wifi card in laptop - same thing Please guys its very important for me to fix this so if you could help me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work. My Vista Laptop works fine after i delete the old access point.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

She's using the same Network SSID and WPA-PSK security and algorithms and shared key?

The router is set to allow ALL MAC access (not block by MAC)?

The router is set for multiple access (usually a 50 address range)?

The wireless network mode is set compliant with her mode (G, B)?

I'm just rambling off everything I can think of.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi-531566.html