Windows Support Forum

Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc

Q: Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 77.83%

My Sony Vaio laptop is experiencing slow internet speed even though the signal level shows as excellent. This is only when using it upstairs, where it is normally used. In the same room as the router it is fine. This has only just starting happening and it was OK anywhere in the house until a couple of days ago. To make it even more confusing my wife's notebook and my iphone work fine on the network in the bedroom. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 76.97%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 76.97%

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Selvakumar

A:WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
Selvakumar R

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14656-wifi-internet-speed-slow-down-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi , i got in my new y700 2.5 mbs download speed..when i check the download speed with my old laptop its approximately 20 mbs.. so please help.. i checked and tried every solution in the net..please if you know the right solution help me..thanks 

A:Y700 slow wifi speed

network adapter : intel ac 3165current driver : 18.40.0.9OS: win 10 - 64bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3343154
Relevancy 63.64%

my new yoga700 14 wifi gets very slow  , it shows 150mbps in the wireless network status, wheras my other laptop can get more than 300mbps connecting to the same router. both laptops are sitting very close to the router without any blocking, the signal strenth is full. my yoga 700 comes with the QCA9377 adapter . The wireless router is linksys e4200v2 working in wireless N 5GHz mode . I have tried installing the latest drivers from lenovo webside and fiddling with the settings in the adapter drivers but no avail. please help 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga700-14-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3374409
Relevancy 63.64%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have done multiple speedtest from www.speedtest.net over the past 3 days and when I am directly connected to my modem, my download speed is roughly 35 MBPS however, when I am on wifi (literally 5 feet from the router) my download speed is roughly 20 MBPS. I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 router found here http://www.engadget.com/products/belkin/f5d8236-4/.

Is this slowdown of speed due to my router/interference or what?

Relevancy 63.21%

I recently decided to setup hardware speed new slow Wifi extremely after my hardware I bought few months ago I decided to get rid of the wifi router I was using wndr v and setup a Uniquiti EdgeRouter lite and an open mesh AP mr I decided to use my wifi router as a temp switch only until I got a new switch So I reset the wifi router setup the AP and router and tested the speed and it went dropped to about of the speeds I was getting with the wifi router I tested the speed via Ethernet directly with the edgerouter and the temp switch and the speeds were great about mbps I tried rebooting everything but that didn t help I then tried to reconfigure the wifi router to also use the wifi part of it Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware to see if my open mesh Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware AP was at fault but no the wifi router speeds were also down I m not sure what is the issue and would like some recommendations on how to troubleshoot this issue I know my wifi speeds won t match my wired speeds but I was consistently getting about - mbps on ghz wifi and it s now down to - mbps nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-speed-extremely-slow-after-new-hardware.1917065/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have un-installed and re-installed my Linksys E wireless N router several times and can only achieve about MBPS d l and MBPS u l data speeds on a year old HP laptop running speed... download V. slow wifi Solved: Windows This is wireless service and the laptop is within feet of the router I have Comcast service on my desktop and my quot connected quot normal d l speed is MBPS with MBPS u l Don Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... t know what Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... else to do I have connected the laptop directly to the modem and get MBPS speed so there is something I m missing in the wireless router setup Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G M-ES L Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled Any ideas bernsinlanc nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite C -A -V running Windows Home Edition I've New Speed, Slow Brand Wifi Impossibly Computer. never really had the fastest internet but its always been alright for what I used it for untill i purchased this computer Suffice it to say the internet is a little below sub par Heres a speedtest My phone My sisters Laptop running windows even my old IBM running Linux all are getting speedtests with Download speeds of at least - Mbps from the same router with at least - Mbps And yet here I am brand new computer in hand with memories of dialup floating through my head I've been on message boards trying to find an answer to this for hours I've changed the Wireless settings to not turn off the Wifi I've checked Toshiba's Website and downloaded the latest WLAN driver I deleted literally every last ounce of bloatware from the computer when I got it so I don't THINK that's an issue There's Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer. no torrents or security running either Basicaly I have no idea what to do Now the weird thing is if I turn the computer on and do a speedtest right away I'm getting a fast Ping and a download of Mbps instead of the Any Help or ideas on what to do

A:Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer.

Did you try an ethernet cable instead of wireless? If that works normally, read on...

I had a problem like this many years ago, it turned out to be something wrong with the drivers for the network card I was using. To fix it, go into device manager and find the entry for the wireless network adapter (eg "xyz wireless network adapter"). Right click on the adapter and select "remove". Reboot the machine. It should detect the adapter as new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the network hardware. Of course you may need to supply the drivers at this point if they are not available on the machine.

This is somewhat techy and if you are not a level 2 nerd you may want to get a qualified friend to help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30856-impossibly-slow-wifi-speed-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all tech guy users I am having a really frustrating time with my wifi signal recently Here are the symptoms Max distance from router in which I can receive a signal is about ft Really slow upload and download speeds from MY laptop only My fiance s laptop had a DL speed of Mps and I don t remember the UL but it was much better than mine Screenshot to follow Internet will drop out while I still Wifi sudden Poor of Range and Speed the Slow all show connectivity to the router and then seconds later the router signal will drop out completely Just now my signal dropped out and from my laptop which is sitting three feet from Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden my fiance s laptop Hers has internet just fine What I have tried so far Changed Routers Changed broadcast channel on both routers Updated the driver for my Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden wireless Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden network adapter Virus Scan Malwarebytes Full Scan Xirrus Wifi Inspector run Screenshot to follow Removed Windows ability to shut off my network adapter to save energy This problem occurred for the first time one week ago today I have been getting by since then but the hassle is getting to me Full disclosure time Right before this happened I had an issue with my laptop where the battery was not getting a charge I tested the power available to the plug and found the proper voltage there I took the cover off of the laptop and found that a solder joint between the power plug and one of the wires had come loose I re-soldered the wire and it charged up no problemo I took the cover back off this evening because I had a sinking feeling I messed something up but I found nothing The power plug on my Lenovo Y P laptop is accessed from above the keyboard just remove the speaker cover The wireless adapter is underneath and I didn t remove it or touch it when I worked on it I did take a look at it this evening and I did see that it only has one screw holing it down There were no quot witness marks quot where another screw was installed at one time so I just left it alone Hopefully those don t provide some form of continuity to the board beneath It doesn t appear so but I can t be certain System Details Lenovo Y P just over a year old Windows i processor gig ram I am student in my Junior year of engineering and I really can t afford to have these network problems Almost missed an assignment submission last night This has been an excellent computer until now I have some pretty hefty programs installed for my classes and it runs them flawlessly Also the internet works great on campus but I am never far from an N router hotspot Any help that anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated I was almost about to make a Yagi antenna out of an old Netgear USB wireless adapter then decided that I would just check here after I ran the speed test and figured something was up with my comp nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all My Belkin N wireless router is now experiencing intermittent slow Internet speed The router is years old and has wifi slow router speed intermittent N300 Belkin worked perfectly until last week Here are the troubleshooting steps I completed Internet speed test Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed when directly plugged into the wireless router and cable modem mbps Internet speed using laptop wifi mbps then sometimes works at normal speed Called ISP and they verified there was a connectivity to cable modem issue Did a power cycle for modem and router Then got full mbps from cable modem to ISP using direct connect to laptop tested other devices such as laptops and tablets all experiencing intermittent slow speed when experiencing slow wifi switched to direct connect ethernet cable to router and got immediate Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed full mpbs So far all my testing is pointing to the Belkin router s wifi connectivity I will check on the router s firmware since it has never been updated I also found a thread online suggesting disabling QOS on the router But this should not be needed as it was working fine for two years since its purchase Any suggestions to what else I can do to resolve this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n300-router-intermittent-slow-wifi-speed.1152424/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have a ASUS N550JK-DS71T laptop which has about half the download speed with wifi compared to a similar laptop (with a N-type wireless card) right next to it. So this issue is not due to ISP or router. Upload speed is fine.
I used speedtest.net.
Laptop has the INTEL AC 7260 wireless card with the latest driver on Asus website (V17.0.1.5).
I checked the power settings and they are on High Performance.
I have a N-router set to N.

Would you know any settings in BIOS, Windows, INTEL to check/change to fix this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

A:ASUS N550JK-DS71T - slow download speed with wifi

That is a dual-band adapter in the laptop. From the sound of it you have a 2.4Ghz single-band router. Try turning off the 5GHz band on the laptop adapter if there is an option to do so.

Also, there are newer drivers dated August for that adapter on the Intel site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...14&ProdId=3714

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55506-asus-n550jk-ds71t-slow-download-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have a high-speed Internet connection at home The main computer is connected through an Ethernet cable off a cable-modem and both the download and upload speeds are excellent just as the ISP claims it to be Then the afore-mentioned cable-modem is linked to my Mbps TP-Link WR ND router so that I can get Wi-Fi on my iPhone Internet WiFi Speed Home I have been running several Internet speed Home WiFi Internet Speed tests and the download speed just won't go any higher than Mbps Upload speed is perfectly fine Gone through some tutorials and then all the settings on the router and everything is fine Plus the iPhone is designed for Wi-Fi ultra-high speeds well over Mbps Am I missing something How come I cannot get any more speed When I do the tests the phone Home WiFi Internet Speed is just centimetres away from the router so there's no walls objects or anything that may slow things down by over as it is the case What can I do Is there any possibilities of getting at least of the maximum speed

A:Home WiFi Internet Speed

This really isn't a Windows 8 issue , you will need to ask in the TP-Link support area/forums to see how you can change your wifi channels etc to maximise your throughput.

I can say that under normal use you will never get 300 Mbs using wifi , the network overheads and more will reduce that to 180-200Mbs maximum , 300 is a very idealised figure.

As for iPhone 5 , I do remember there were issues with wifi speeds , binarytoad details the issue here iPhone 5 Slow Wifi Fix (workaround) - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30901-home-wifi-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello hope someone can help me, my brother is currently serving abroad with the military and is fortunate enough to be on a base that has wifi access. Trouble is there is that many people using it he is only able to load msn home page during his off time.

He always has full signal strenghth and has and acer aspire (not sure of the model at the minute) with a built in wifi card. His only problem is it is so slow and will time out rather than open anything other than the home page.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

A:Help with boosting internet speed via a wifi hotspot

I doubt he can increase it If there is limited bandwidth and soo many people are using it, then it will likely go slow
Suggest to him he should go on when theres not many people browsing etc., Night?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-boosting-internet-speed-via-a-wifi-hotspot.656557/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all. Here is my set up. I have 1.5M internet service coming into my CradlePoint CTR35 wireless router. The two devices I have are my desktop, and an iPad. When doing a speed test at speedtest.net, I find that my desktop running windows 7 gets about 1.45, and my iPad is only pulling 1.36M. I realize that isn't a big deal, but why would there be a varience between the devices? Shouldn't they be able to test out the same?

A:WIFI internet speed varience between devices

The Operating System parameter settings that determine data transfer rates are slightly different on the two machines. Differences between computers on the same LAN are normal.

With many older OS's and probably the one on your iPad these values are permanently set in the registry. They are just general values that will usually give a good data rate. Sometimes these values can be changed to improve the flow.

Starting with Vista and Windows 7, the OS actually monitored the data flow and could change some of the values to improve it.

I have two XP desktops, a Vista desktop and a Vista laptop. All will show slightly different results on speed tests to the same server.

The two XP's have the same values for all their changable settings, but one always tests about 0.04 M higher than the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-internet-speed-varience-between-devices.1047697/
Relevancy 61.06%

Guys at the forum here are the specs of my home wifi connection Main desktop PC Core Duo GHz GB RAM running Win XP SP Old Dell Latitude C Win XP SP MHz MB RAM The Dell is using a PCMCIA WiFi card given by a friend in the office It is a Linksys Wireless G notebook adapter supporting b g the Main PC has a Gigabyte GN-A G Access Point connected via a network cable The Problem below 800Kbps! WiFi Internet Sharing & speed both connect smoothly and there is nobody who uses a pc in our area so wifi has no security there is no rd party involved but i copy files over network and all i get is speed less than Mb the range WiFi speed below 800Kbps! & Internet Sharing of the two PCs are merely feet and the connection is quot G quot I have everything in default but nothing works to speed up Also i tried with my dad s HP Compaq nx and the speed rose up to Mbps That is the maximum achieved Problem The Dell Pc has a dial up connection and i used the sharing feature to share it through the network and it goes good But the desktop PC doesn t access the internet It just stays connected Also have to mention I m using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall I also have given the device to trusted But still I can t seem to access the internet from the main PC little stuck up in there My main problem is on Question it is ok if is not answered Thanks to all who reply Regards Timothy nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I am using belkin N300 router, My bro wastes time too much time/net on youtube,
So i wanted to limit the internet speed through wifi modem setting, but i couldn't find any setting for that.
can any 1 who knows or owns this modem can tell me how to?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-belkin-n300-wifi-internet-speed-limit.1132284/
Relevancy 60.63%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My network is like this G router connected on LAN of TP-Link Wireless router G router TP-Link Wifi Wifi Disabled Wifi Enabled DHCP ON DHCP OFF I am transfer laptops between Wifi internet slower over File than speed using TP-Link because i needed more LAN ports as G router is having only one Now I have laptops connected to TP-Link wireless router I am getting same bandwidth of around Mbps from my G internet connection that is download upload speed of around KBps wether the USB is connected directly to laptop or to the G router But if I transfer between shared folders on my laptops speed that i get is never File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed more than KBps that is around Kbps I have cjhecked with Inssider there File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed is no signal interference by any other wifi nearby Also i have tested using open security of wifi tried changing between bit amp - bit encryption sharing setting on both systems amp disabled all antivirus amp firewall on both There is no change in speed Wifi is in the same room no more the meters away mode is N and MHz bandwidth setting I can't understand how the speed i get from my internet connection is faster than my local laptops Also the specified bandwidth is Mbs that is MBps and i don't even get File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed MBps

A:File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd try fiddling with the router's wireless mode setting - usually on Mixed mode. Experiment - Set it to N (if available) or G/N or G. You may also fiddle with your Wi-Fi adapter's setting if available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347508-file-transfer-over-wifi-between-laptops-slower-than-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have a few problems that i would kindly need some help to fixFirstly i have been and idiot and tried cracking stuff yes i am sorry and i shall now buy worthy products As a result i believe For Slow Speed Slow Very 256k, Very Laggy When Up, Internet Very Tasking Multi Start i have had my internet speed hijacked is this possible and i need urgent help on removing these viruses I also recieve an annoying icon at the bottom of right hand Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking corner which reads Virus Alert and then is followed by a small pop up box which reads Your computer is infected Possible harmful infection was detected on your PCThe system will now download and install the most efficentspyware removal program to prevent private data loss andyour identity theft Click here to protect your PC from the biggest spyware threats Here is my HijackThis log Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exeC Program Files LightSurf Common IconMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files LightSurf Colorific hgcctl exeC Program Files LightSurf Color Indicator TICIcon exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system ahfp exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Eset nod exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Documents and Settings TEMP Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run BigDogPath C WINDOWS VM ... Read more

A:Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking

Did you follow the instructions here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43659/how-to-remove-spyfalcon-removal-instructions/If not please do so and then post a new hjt log as a reply to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46952/internet-speed-very-slow-for-256k-very-slow-start-up-very-laggy-when-multi-tasking/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I just been getting slow internet speed high pings in games tried turning of firewall opening ports the whole lot nothing worked and a laggy browser I know something is wrong i would just like someone to take a look at the logs and go from there thanks in advance DDS Ver - /slow browser slow speed Getting internet - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by tom at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG Internet Getting slow internet speed /slow browser Security Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- Getting slow internet speed /slow browser E -DA C ACF FW AVG Firewall Disabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System XSrvSetup exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files NetLimiter nlsvc exe C Windows system IoctlSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files AVG... Read more

A:Getting slow internet speed /slow browser

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:[list]Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this linkPost back with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log once it's complete.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Note: If after running ComboFix you get t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454341/getting-slow-internet-speed-slow-browser/
Relevancy 57.62%

Purchased Windows 8 Pro with a new computer system, an HP Envy, last week for work.

Have a dedicated 20 down and 20 up connection that is functioning at speed.

Loading internet pages with Windows 8 is incredibly slow. Had the very same connection with a 7 year old HP using Windows XP and the speed blew this away.

Help?

A:Slow Slow internet speed with Windows 8

Slow pages are usually a sign of a dns problem. How do you have DNS configured? Are you using a gateway or router of some kind? Is that configured properly?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12462-slow-slow-internet-speed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Thank you for taking the time to read my request I purchased an HP entertainment laptop windows vista os about a year ago and I started experiencing problems with my work antivirus when speed, Slow is behaviors: laptop will pausing, Internet Youtube program internet can... Adverse on, videos not speed a couple of months ago Most recently I've Adverse laptop behaviors: Slow internet speed, Youtube videos pausing, Internet will not work when antivirus program is on, can... experienced the following Slower speed surfing Adverse laptop behaviors: Slow internet speed, Youtube videos pausing, Internet will not work when antivirus program is on, can... the net Slow to open up an Internet Window about seconds Can not browse internet at the same time that an anti virus program is turned on to monitor Has occured with Norton and Trend Micro Can no longer access I-Tunes store or Rhapsody store when I open the applications You Tube videos are stop and go instead of running fluidly All of this is new behavior for my laptop Any ideas on what may be happening or what I should try to do next I downloaded hijackthis so I have that software program on my computer If anyone is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it Please let me know if you need additional information Many thanks in advance

A:Adverse laptop behaviors: Slow internet speed, Youtube videos pausing, Internet will not work when antivirus program is on, can...

Can not browse internet at the same time that an anti virus program is turned on (to monitor).It is best to do a virus scan when the computer is not in use otherwise.If you suspect that you are infected, I would recommend posting in our Am I Infected? forumhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212423/adverse-laptop-behaviors-slow-internet-speed-youtube-videos-pausing-internet-will-not-work-when-antivirus-program-is-on-cannot-access-itunes-store/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi My internet speed is consistently are Internet Fast Broswers Internet but Slow Speed is fast - mbps but Chrome and IE sometime run slow sometimes For instance I'll be browsing Yahoo fine for a couple minutes but then I'll try to open another tab to do a Google search and the browser will stall for about a Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast minute before loading that page Or I could click a link on a webpage and the browser will stall and show a blank white page for Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast a minute Loading the content on a webpage usually takes close to the normal amount of time it just stalls before hand It doesn't happen every time I click something but it happens often enough to be a nuisance Last night I went under settings and did Referesh your PC which is supposed to restore defaults and delete installed apps but the problem is still here EDIT-- Here's an example Everything usually stalls at the same time but not always Just now Gmail stalled for minutes but I was still able to open a new tab and complete a Google search However when I tried opening a new tab and going to Gmail that way that tab stalled too

A:Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast

I get that too sometimes, it is clearly caused by your computer (and in my case my computer) not your connection. I have ti with chrome but not IE, because i never open IE to check it. I have windos 8 so we have similar experiences in several respects. Mine haven't been as bad as yours lasting only 30 seconds or so at worst. I think this is due to large processes running in task manager and hogging memory/processor capacity. The only things i can advise is to: see if there are any large processes running under the details tab of task manager which should not be running, scan with your antivirus and with malwarebytes (there is a free version)to check that the cause isn't a virus of some sort, see if any startup items can be safely disabled (this can be done from a feature within the program CCleaner from piriform) and try clearing your temp files (CCleaner can also do this) and browsing history along with deleting any junk you have in the recycle bin and deleting old files you no longer need/uninstalling old programs you no longer need. When using CCleaner be VERY CAREFUL not to disable startup items without first verifying they are safe to stop (check google) and NEVER use it's registry tools (anything that attempts to "clean" the registry can damage your system). One other thing that might help you is disbaling add-ons in the browser and making plugins "clcik to play" rather than running automatically, doing this will mean there is less content to load so loading will be faster.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557088/internet-broswers-are-slow-but-internet-speed-is-fast/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've been battling this Internet Connected, WIFI Internet - Slow/Dropped Issue but Desktop particular issue for a couple of weeks now without much success I have a custom built desktop where my WIFI connection will deteriorate to the point where internet and gaming over Steam etc will be either painfully slow or unable to load pages at all Windows claims throughout that I am connected to my WIFI network with internet access and good signal even when I cannot reach any internet pages This problem has happened at different locations on different WIFI networks and with different WIFI adapters TP-LINK TL-WDN PCI TRENDnet TEW- UB USB Edimax EW- Un At both locations I have another laptop and a phone that can connect to the WIFI network just fine I even got a couple of the adapters to work fine on the laptop without the issue I've found that disabling NetBIOS seems to temporarily improve matters I'd read Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet elsewhere that that can cause issues but it has not resolved the problem Also Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet I'm getting DNS errors in the Windows event logs quot Name resolution for the name XXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded quot Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet ipconfig results are posted below Images of Xirrus and its connection test are attached Any help is very much appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Doug gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name WUQUIST Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd mn comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection TP Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd mn comcast net Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address E -DE- - B-A -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d e fc c e ba Preferred Temporary IPv Address d e c b c b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe fc c e ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM Default Gateway fe d cbff fe e DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- - - -D - - - - DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -D - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet

Here are the Xirrus results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346908-desktop-wifi-internet-issue-connected-but-slow-dropped-internet.html
Relevancy 56.33%

For some reaon my internet has gone from 512Kbps to around 2/3Kbps, super slow. I have adsl, it connected to the phone line it has a 20M RJ11 - RJ11 high speed internet extention cable. I have all the filters and they are on corectt, it cant be my pc because it just did a clean install of windows xp. And suggestions?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys last week my pc started to go slow internet speed and also opening shutting things I decided it was time for a reinstall using my disc that came with my machine I installed it as usual firstly wiping then reinstalling as the disc said so but after installation when i went on the net the internet speed was still really slow so new installation and still slow speeds I unplugged modem and treied refreshing it but still slow speeds i thought it was the modem so called my provider virgin and who ran some tests all came back fine My brother has the same modem in his room as we both have seperate internet modems so i decided to plug his modem into my pc and it was slow also yet both modems run sweetly on his pc Ive tested adapters to the modem and even changed ethernet cables with no joy I have also noticed once i unplug and restart the modem i get my full speed for about mins then it gradually dies on me so if i start a download i'll see my full mb getting used then gradually drops to like under mb any ideas guys

A:Fed up tried everything, ver slow internet speed :(

i am getting close enough same problem as you. my download speed is fine but the upload speed on some areas are crap. i dont know why. virginmedia came back to me and said it was fine. i dont know what it is. i would like to know too.

If someone knows. please kindly reply.

this is 2 person with closely same problem. many more out there sitting quietly arent speaking up! LOL

Any thing on the pc stopping the full speed ???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fed-up-tried-everything-ver-slow-internet-speed-335853.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I just brought a new Gateway desktop PC. It had Windows 8 preloaded on it. I am experiencing very slow internet speed. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can fix this? Thank You!

A:very slow internet speed

Are you connecting (wired or wireless) to a router or directly to the ISP's modem? Has it worked OK with a different PC?

What speed are you supposed to have? and what speed are you actually getting. Run this speed test. www.speedtest.net

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23475-very-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've been having this problem for a while now, ever since I started using Windows Vista I've had a low internet download speed (not the amount that I'm paying for). I know this isn't a problem with my ISP because on my other computer that has Windows XP, the internet connection is just fine.
I've tried the following tutorials:
Auto Tuning - TCP/IP receive level
QoS Bandwidth Reserve Limit
Neither of them have resolved my problem.
My download speed is the only problem, the upload speed is "normal".
I'm paying for 8Mbps but I get 0.5-2Mbps on my Vista system.
I have my modem directly connected to my computer, through one of the two Ethernet ports on my computer. This problem has been going on for months now and I'm really getting frustrated with it.

A:Slow Internet Speed

Originally Posted by Morris

I've been having this problem for a while now, ever since I started using Windows Vista I've had a low internet download speed (not the amount that I'm paying for). I know this isn't a problem with my ISP because on my other computer that has Windows XP, the internet connection is just fine.
I've tried the following tutorials:
Auto Tuning - TCP/IP receive level
QoS Bandwidth Reserve Limit
Neither of them have resolved my problem.
My download speed is the only problem, the upload speed is "normal".
I'm paying for 8Mbps but I get 0.5-2Mbps on my Vista system.
I have my modem directly connected to my computer, through one of the two Ethernet ports on my computer. This problem has been going on for months now and I'm really getting frustrated with it.

Morris, welcome to the Vista x64 Forums

I've been doing some reading about your issue. There is some discussion about potential solutions.

1. If you're running any AV software, disable it, specifically Norton or Symantec.

2. Depending on your adapter, you may have to either update to the newest driver, or roll back to an older version.

Check on these potential issues and let us know if either of them help your situation. If not, we can continue to examine the issue, just let us know what your AV software is and what kind of adapter and router you are using.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/139408-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I dont get the internet speed that my isp offers me.
like when I surf pages and load videos it is very slow, but on the other hand my isp offers me 1mbps.
when I login to safe mode I feel that the internet there is very fast but in normal mode it is slow.
some times I get speed of 1.5mb/s from the isp and normally I get 70 kb/ps which is really slow and nothing compared to what I should be getting.
can u please fix this issue as well.

A:Slow Internet speed

I don't know that I can't fix your issue, but I can help you check for what might contribute to the slowdown:

What type of connection do you have: Dial-up, cable or DSL?
Click on Start> Settings> Control Panel> System:
[o]What is the operating system?
[o]How much Ram is installed?
Click on Start< Run> type in msconfig> Enter> Choose Startup tab
[o]How many boxes are checked?
Right click on the Taskbar> Task Manager>(in Normal Mode)
[o]Processes tab> Look at the bottom and tell me how many processes are running
[o]Performance tab> Look on the bottom for the Physical Memory
[o]How much Total Memory?
[o]How much Available Memory?
[o]How much is in the System Cache?
================================
When I have the information from the 4 questions above, I may be able to help you.

Logging on to Safe Mode will prevent some drivers and Services from running, so the system will move faster, but you will be able to do less than in Normal Mode.

In Normal Mode, everything you have checked on the Startup Menu to start on boot has to load. Most of those processes will run in the background. This can slow you down.
-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-speed.183528/
Relevancy 56.33%

i have a cable connection that can push 20mbps; its connected to a router; pc has windows 7 and laptop has XP; laptop gives me 11 to 20+mbps downloads; PC gives me 3 to 5 mbps downloads; when I run connection from cable modem (emta/comcast) to PC (without router) I still get same download speed......what have I done wrong or how can i fix this........can it be fixed?

There are a couple of solutions you could try.

1. Update the ethernet driver for your PC.
2. Reset the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90207-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I just installed a Linksys WUSB54GSC Wireless adapter and am experiencing slow internet speeds. I ran a test at speedtest.net and was only getting 0.4 Mbps upload and download. I did the same test on another computer with wireless capabilities on the same internet connection and that computer was getting around 4.75 Mbps download and 1.25 Mbps upload. I've exhausted all the troubleshooting knowledge I have and really need some help figuring this out.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys so i'm having some issues with internet connection and was hoping you could help me out. My internet connection speed is 60 kbps download, 144 kbps upload. Using netmeter my connection is maxing out at 304 kbps. I checked to see if background programs are slowing my connection and i didn't find anything. The computer i'm using is optimized using Norton 360 and isn't normally slow like it's been lately.
SpeedGuide.net TCP Analyzer Results
Tested on: 08.28.2011 00:24
IP address: 129.49.xxx.xxx
Client OS: Windows 7

TCP options string: 020405640103030801010402
MSS: 1380
MTU: 1420
TCP Window: 66048 (NOT multiple of MSS)
RWIN Scaling: 8 bits (2^8=256)
Unscaled RWIN : 258
Recommended RWINs: 63480, 126960, 253920, 507840, 1015680
BDP limit (200ms): 2642kbps (330KBytes/s)
BDP limit (500ms): 1057kbps (132KBytes/s)
MTU Discovery: ON
TTL: 50
Timestamps: OFF
SACKs: ON
IP ToS: 00000000 (0)

Relevancy 56.33%

Ok guys I ve got a problem that is just getting beyond me I m using a netgear router modem to connect one PC via Lan and one laptop wirelessly Now it has been fine for ages and the network is secure plus only covers a very small area and I m on a big property so you d have to be in my backyard to steal the signal Also there are no programs downloading in the background I ve looked through every process and stopped everything from running along with turning each computer off one at a time to rule Slow internet speed this out Also there is no usage being billed to my account suggesting that there is nothing using the speed that I m losing All this and yet my speed on both computers has become extremely eratic sometimes dropping as low as - kbs less than kb s down From time to time Slow internet speed it increases to full speed but this is very rare I called my ISP and they claim there must be a program downloading or someone stealing my signal as there is a large flow to my modem They didn t seem to understand though that if my computer was downloading for that long at that speed my usage would be thorugh the roof and I d be shaped capped As it stands I check my usage every day and it hasn t increased So is there anything anyone would suggest I do My next steps are probably trying someone else s modem and reformatting both computers Is that the way to go Telstra says if they come out to check and it turns out to be my fault they ll charge me so I wanna be sure it s their fault first nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey!

For the past 3 days I've been suffering with an unbelievable slow Internet Speed.

I know what is causing this; my father downloads on his PC which is in the room next to mine (We are on a Router) - I thought I had slightly fixed this by editing the values for the upload/download speeds on his and myselfs computer. He uses BitLord & BearShare.

Before Monday my Internet has been working fine, I'm an Online Gamer so it's hard to play games when you get a constant 1k - 4k ping and 2.0 - 6.0% packet loss because of this. It took me atleast 4 minutes to load up this website.

I'd appreciate any help on this matter, thanks!

/cbco

A:[Internet] Speed is really slow

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit www.StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

I suggest you tell your father to stop using P2P, maybe you'll solve your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-is-really-slow.651870/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok so I ve had very slow internet connection between - Mbps when I m supposed to be getting Mega bits per second I m with Rogers and this has been ongoing for days now I ve called their help lines countless times and so far I ve it s not my router because I hooked up my lap top to the internet directly and tested the speed and it was the same I ve opened tickets with Rogers both of which took hours for them to work on it but they always just closed the ticket because they found nothing wrong I ve had a Roger s agent take control of my computer to check firewalls and setting and then again tested the speed and it speed slow internet VERY was the same I tried switching my modem for a new one and it still doesn t work PLEASE HELP Rogers is not VERY slow internet speed being helpful in any way and they keep getting me to do the same tests and the same things over and over I VERY slow internet speed ve also tried all these tests on other lap tops and it s the same thing nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

My internet speed has been pretty abysmal lately. I called up Comcast to see if the issue was on their end, and it wasn't. I ended up running Win7 in safemode + networking and it seemed to be just fine. I must have some kind of virus/malware. I'm running Malwarebytes and it's found two infected files thus far. Anything else I should do? Should I run hijackthis and get a log?

When it comes to networking and viruses, I'm practically illiterate for some reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-speed.880358/
Relevancy 56.33%

My internet download speed was intermittently very slow so Speed Internet Slow I called the cable Slow Internet Speed company TimeWarner and they sent a guy out He replaced a splitter cable and the modem itself and ran an internet speed test It s marginally higher - but only mb on the Speakeasy test He plugged his laptop in and got mb which is normal - they say you should get between and on RoadRunner He didn t really know what else to suggest - we did the speed test on my computer Slow Internet Speed in safe mode with no anti-virus or anything and I have a gig of ram Does it make a difference that the ethernet cable goes right into a port on my motherboard or should I buy a separate network card I don t know what else in my computer can slow down the connection What should I look for in a network card There s obviously mb fast internet coming into my apartment I m just not getting it into the computer And I don t have any other networked devices nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

hi i was wondering if by any chances i can boost my internet speed, because my internet speed became low and it is not like that at first it used to be fast but now it became slow can anyone help ??

A:slow internet speed

FWIW: Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450287/slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Guys!

My internet connection has been slow for a week now nad ISP say its not a fault with them. its been happneing ever since I installed sky. But when I unplug the sky box from phone by internet speed doesnt go back to normal could I have some help please??

I'm on AOL I have a netgear router the white one. my Encapsulation is pppoe over pp over ethernet. I have one main telephone socket with an extension goin up stairs and a micro filter plugged in to that says adsl and phone. also on main socket now i have the sky which is for my satellite box.
I have been gettin speeds at 120kbps but normal speed should be 2mbs

can any 1 help me please?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello i just got the virgin media MB broadband now the computer downstairs will get mb most of the time on my pc i will only get to mb max that is wireless and wired but i need it to be slow speed need internet help wireless virgin told me that there must be something on my pc limiting the slow internet speed need help speed becuase the other pc is running fine i have windows vista home premium slow internet speed need help x and my wireless adapter is a netgear rangemax wireless-n usb adapter wn this is the specs of my computer motherboard asus M A PRO video card nvidia geforce gx monitor samsung tv LE R BD running in HD processor amd athlon x dual core ram Corsair Dominator GB PC - C MHz operating system windows vista homepremium x sp hard drivers samsung hd u gb master drive samsung hd uj TB slave drive both slow internet speed need help sata IE version antivirus Avast HE spyware AD-aware free anniversary edition superantispyware wireless internet netgear rangemax wireless-n usb adapter WN isp Virgin media MB nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I started having the problem yesterday I booted up my pc connected to the internet through wireless and tried to load up google and it took like seconds to load I have Road runner high speed internet mb s so it shouldn t speed. seems same Internet,but pc Slow take that long to load up google Anyway i have Slow Internet,but pc seems same speed. tried to load other websites and the Slow Internet,but pc seems same speed. same thing takes even longer So i tried my wifes laptop wireless and it loads everything just fine I even hooked up my ehternet cable to my pc and the load times are still slow Tried Firefox Chrome and IE but still same problem The weird thing too is when i run internet speed test on my dekstop the slow one it still says my d l speed is mb s upload mb s and latency is ms My xbox still runs at same speed Have also run Malaware to clean spyware avast antivirus and trend micro online antivirus but nuthing I don t know what else to do I looked online but it seems like all the problems i have found like mine had no resolution Its driving me crazy I don t want to reformat but i don t know what else to do Operating system Windows Home nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Greetings all I was recently asked by a friend to look at her office computer with a complaint that the system was sluggish especially in regard to the Internet Following is a description of the machine Dell Studio XPS desktop Six-core CPU running at GHz Six gigabytes of DDR RAM Started on system by cleaning it of dust bunnies all vents were covered Checked performance through Task Manager and found the CPU running about - at rest RAM usage was about GB De-selected some non-essential startup items and got the base memory usage down to around GB I installed and ran CCleaner and removed GB of Internet Speed Slow clutter Malwarebytes found Slow Internet Speed PUP files Checked the Network settings and found that this particular system was configured with a wired connection as well as a wireless Slow Internet Speed connection The wired connection reports that it has a speed of Gbps The wireless indicates that it is connected at Mbps There is an older Dell Optiplex in this office running Windows with only a wired Internet connection This machine is a dual-core CPU equipped with GB DDR MHz memory As far as Internet speed it is much faster than the better equipped XPS Just wondering if it is possible that the XPS is using the wireless connection by default even though it also has a wired connection Thanks for your valuable input

I forgot to mention that the Dell XPS 7100 is running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-internet-speed-1108634.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have got Windows XP SP3 and an internet connection of speed 256 kbps. I get download speeds of only 20-30 kbps and when I run speed tests at speedtest.net, I get a download speed of 108 kbps. Please help.
It is a DSL line with a fibre optics cable.
There is just a router.
The router connects through Ethernet.
I have 4GB of memory installed in my PC.

Sorry for the incomplete info.

A:Internet speed is slow

Hi

You haven't said how you connect to the internet.
Are you using dial-up or broadband? If broadband, is it DSL via cable or your telephone line?
What type of modem do you have? Is it a router or just a modem? Are you using a wireless connection?
How does your modem or router connect to your PC, via ethernet or USB?
How much memory do you have fitted in your PC?
If you could answer these questions it will help in trying to provide you with an answer to your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214937/internet-speed-is-slow/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all,
I have a little problem, I have a dell optiplex 755 pc, and when i come to downloading freeware programs, of operating system (ubuntu) in my download client, which ive started to use Vuze, i get around 25kbs which is really slow, i used to get around 600kbs, although on my laptop when i do this, i get around 600kb's, is there something that my computer is missing?

I don't understand this.
Thanks, Matt.

Were you downloading the file using Wireless or Ethernet? or were you using Dial-UP?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103467-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My System Info as per System Info Utility Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A-MX Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Atheros L Gigabit Ethernet Base-T Controller v Message I m using WinXP SP OS and Internet speed is very much less and for a time being it Speed Internet Slow get disconnected Even when I try IPconfig or ping any website Command Prompt get disappear within a Slow Internet Speed few seconds Please guide me with the same Does this Slow Internet Speed driver support Winxp SP nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

i've been having problems with really slow internet speeds. I posted a thread in the networking section, and was told to post here as they beleive my problem is malware.

This is my original thread, which contains details of my computer and all details of my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f31/slow-speeds-306435.html

Have just ran windows resource protection which gave the following results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\system32>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried to check the details but it would not let me view the files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-internet-speed-307118.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Internet Download Speed was mbits before FakeSpypro infection on - - MSE says it removed the threatInternet Download Speed is now about mbitsInternet Upload Speed is about mbits where it should Slow Speed Internet be Internet Speed test performed using speedtest netLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning Slow Internet Speed processes C Windowssystem taskeng exeC Windowssystem Dwm exeC WindowsExplorer EXEC Program FilesCricket Broadband ConnectAvqAutorun exeC WindowsSystem mobsync exeC Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmpnscfg Slow Internet Speed exeC Program FilesCricket Broadband ConnectmPhonetools exeC Program FilesCricket Broadband ConnectBytemobilebmctl exeC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Windowssystem MacromedFlashFlashUtil h ActiveX exeC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program Fileswindows live safety centerwlschost EXEC Windowssystem SearchProtocolHost exeC Windowssystem SearchFilterHost exeC Program FilesTrend MicroHijackThisHijackThis exeR - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run F AA FE -E A-E B-E b -E AE B ABA quot C Program FilesCricket Broadband ConnectAvqAutoRun exe quot quot C Program FilesCricket Broadband Connectmphonetools exe quot OnPlug sO - Startup Cricket Broadband Connect lnk C Program FilesCricket Broadband ConnectmPhonetools exeO - Trusted Zone http onecare live comO - DPF B EE-B - D - - BD D iCC Class - http pcpitstop com internet pcpConnCheck cabO - DPF DD - - D -AA - D D EE Windows Live OneCare safety scanner control - http cdn scan onecare live com resource s wlscctrl cabO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources can oscan cabO - DPF FFB A - B - F-BDA - C EB CC PCPitstop Exam - http utilities pcpitstop com Optimize pcpitstop dllO - HKLMSystemCCSServicesTcpip E -F D - AC-A F-DF B NameServer O - Service Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc - C Windowssystem Ati evxx exeO - Service Symantec Lic NetConnect service CLTNetCnService - Unknown owner - C Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccSvcHst exe file missing O - Service Jumpstart Wifi Protected Setup jswpsapi - Atheros Communications Inc - C Program FilesJumpstartjswpsapi exeO - Service Process Monitor LVPrcSrv - Logitech Inc - C Program FilesCommon FilesLogiShrdLVMVFMLVPrcSrv exeO - Service MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C Program FilesMalwarebytes Anti-Malwarembamservice exeO - Service TOSHIBA Navi Support Service TNaviSrv - TOSHIBA Corporation - C Program FilesToshibaTOSHIBA DVD PLAYERTNaviSrv exeO - Service TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service TODDSrv - TOSHIBA Corporation - C Windowssystem TODDSrv exeO - Service TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv - TOSHIBA Corporation - C Program FilesToshibaPower SaverTosCoSrv exeO - Service Yahoo Updater YahooAUService - Yahoo Inc - C Program FilesYahoo SoftwareUpdateYahooAUService exe--End of file - bytesComboFix - - - Owner - x Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running from c usersOwnerDesktopComboFix exeSP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c programdatahpeAF dllc programdataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft Security Essentials lnkc windowssystem appdata Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c usersOwnerAppDataLocaltemp - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdataPCPitstop - - - - -------- d-----w- c program filesPCPitstop - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdataBitDefender - - - - -------- d-----w- c usersOwnerAppDataRoamingBitDefender - - - - -------- d-----w- c program filesBitDefender - - -... Read more

Hi mmcmuskogee-1,Welcome to Bleeping Computer!My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.Before we begin, I would like give a few guidelines so that we can fix your problem as quickly and efficiently as possible:Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.STEP 1 - Preparation GuidePlease follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide until you have reached step 6. You may stop once you have finished step 6 and continue with the instructions here.STEP 2 - MBAMNote: In the event that you already have MBAM installed, you do not need to reinstall it. Simply Updating it and doing a Quickscan is sufficient.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.STEP 3 - GMERPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Interne... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337525/slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone Slow Very Internet Speed My computer has been very slow with regards to internet download speed I had this same problem when I went to a website on my laptop then after I went to it very Internet Speed Very Slow very slow performance I do have ESET Smart Security which did block an attack from that site and I have not found any viruses using the program However I did reimage my laptop and it runs normally now The trouble is now my desktop computer is doing the same thing after I visited the same site on my desktop and its doing the same thing I also am running ESET on this machine and it blocked all of the attacks ect from the site Now my desktop internet is running very slow So what I did was I did a HiJack this search and I came up with this logfile C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LWEMon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run Start WingMan Profiler C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LWEMon exe noui O - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe quot O - HKLM Run SwitchBoard C Program Files Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Shawn AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Pro Agent quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe quot -autorun O - Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCE... Read more

A:Internet Speed Very Slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377262/internet-speed-very-slow/
Relevancy 56.33%

My internet speed shotdown for some strange reason Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS speed Slow internet system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Danny Oh Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE GBUL KG HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Slow internet speed Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - Slow internet speed HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search p s O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files adobe acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www sony com vaiopeople O - DPF CF -EA - FA -A - E C VaioInfo CMClass - http esupport sony com EN mdldetect VaioInfo CAB O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http us dl yimg com download yaho st cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip AB C -F C - FC- B - D A DC NameServer O - Service CA ISafe CAISafe - Computer Associates International Inc - C WINDOWS System ZoneLabs isafe exe O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service Sony SPTI Service SPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SONYSH AVLib Sptisrv exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe

A:Slow internet speed

Make sure to update Windows and Internet Explorer at http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.co....aspx?ln=en-us. You are missing some Critical Updates. Update a.s.a.p.

Please empty any Quarantine folder in your antivirus program and purge all recovery items in the Spybot program (if you use it) before running this tool.

Download the Mwav virus checker at http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/mwav.asp (Use Link 3)

1. Save it to a folder.
2. Reboot into Safe Mode.
3. Double click the Mwav.exe file. This is a stand alone tool and NOT just a virus checker......so it won't install anything.
4. Select all local drives, scan all files, and press SCAN. When it is completed, anything found will be displayed in the lower pane.
5. In the Virus Log Information Pane......
Left click and highlight all the information in the Lower pane --- Use &CTRL C &on your keyboard to copy everything found in the lower pane and save it to a notepad file
*Note* If prompted that a virus was found and you need to purchase the product to remove the malware, just close out the prompt and let it continue scanning. We are not going to use this to remove anything...but to ID the bad files.

Once you copy that to a Notepad file...highlight the text and copy it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/slow-internet-speed-53448.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed windows 7 a while ago, because i hated Vista.
I had some problems connecting, but i fixed those.
The only problem now, is that my internet is pretty slow.
I used to download my games from Steam with 2 Mbps, which is now 480kbps.
Youtube videos actaully take time to buffer, they didnt do that on my previous pc, which was a piece of junk compared to this one.
If you need any info on my pc, ask me.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

A:Slow internet speed.

Do you know for certain that it's not a problem with your ISP?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57646-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread so if not, please transfer this one .. i upgraded my pc from xp to 7 a few days ago and i loved the transfer.. one of the few things i noticed however is that my internet speed has considerably slowed down.. i have a 1mb connection in my office and sometimes just loading my yahoo mail takes a long time ( approx a minute or two).. opening sites would just take too long and lately even downloading files takes forever (downloaded a 3mb file took 30mins).. i dont know if there is something wrong but i used a laptop running on xp on my network and it just runs fine.. the speed is constant.. anyone please give me their ipinion.. thanks!

A:slow internet speed

Quote: Originally Posted by jaypels

i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread so if not, please transfer this one .. i upgraded my pc from xp to 7 a few days ago and i loved the transfer.. one of the few things i noticed however is that my internet speed has considerably slowed down.. i have a 1mb connection in my office and sometimes just loading my yahoo mail takes a long time ( approx a minute or two).. opening sites would just take too long and lately even downloading files takes forever (downloaded a 3mb file took 30mins).. i dont know if there is something wrong but i used a laptop running on xp on my network and it just runs fine.. the speed is constant.. anyone please give me their ipinion.. thanks!

Are you by chance using "homegroup" for networking in win 7? Homegroup sometimes on mixed networks causes slow downs and disconnects.

You can check it for yourself by setting up a new network connection using workgroup instead. If the problem goes away you can dis-able IPv6, and kill homegroup.
Let us know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84084-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

System Specs Video Card GIGABYTE G Gaming Geforce GTX CPU Intel Core i - Haswell Quad-Core GHz Mobo MSI Z -G slow speed PC internet having Gaming LGA Intel Z OS Windows A few days ago my PC having slow internet speed Internet started not working correctly in my primary PC I typically pull mb s All of the other PCs and devices on my network pull mb s As of recently my PC will peak out at kb s and occasionally drop off causing any download I try to fail Steam for example will pull kb s but in the task manager it will show it pulling mb s- mb s The first thing I tried was replacing the network cable No change I then inserted a USB wireless stick we had laying around For a day that solved my problem and I was receiving my standard internet connection speed But then that started having the same issue That made me think that I might have some form of malware I ran a Malware Bytes Scan with rootkit searching flipped on and a Windows Defender scan Both turned up nothing Finally last night I used the Windows Restart tool to repave my computer deleting all my files and reinstall the OS Yet I am still having the same issue Any advice

A:PC having slow internet speed

Check your internet modem or contact your internet service provider also maybe someone is connected to your local wi fi stealing all your bandwidith try to change your internet card (located in computer) or check any damadged internet ports on your computer Check your internet modem or contact your internet service provider also maybe someone is connected to your local wi fi stealing all your bandwidith try to change your internet card (located in computer) or check any damadged internet ports on your computer
i had the same problem once and i changed the internet card.. if you are on a laptop you are ****ed since you can't cange it but you can get it to a nearby pc store to fix it or open task manager and see how many procceses are connected to internet and searching about them online or go in control pannel--.->internet and there should be your internet click it and troubleshoot it. had the same problem once and i changed the internet card.. if you are on a laptop you are ****ed since you can't cange it but you can get it to a nearby pc store to fix it or open task manager and see how many procceses are opend or go in control pannel--.->internet and there should be your internet click it and troubleshoot it. there should be 1 or 2 internet connection showing there considering that your router has more w-lans and update all your drivers Best regards Gas Can

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127867-pc-having-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am connected to virgin media and have an "excellent signal strength". Earlier today, I was playing a game(Dota 2 to be exact" and I had a ping of 1000. Internet was slow, I was the only person using the internet at the time and no one was uploading or downloading. I checked for malware and viruses and Norton had found 4 tracking cookies. Could this have been the problem? If not please expand and if it was the problem, what can I do to prevent these tracking cookies and how to maintain a better, safer computing environment? In addition how can I make sure that my computer is in optimum condition to provide a faster speed?

Much Appreciated Thanks!
(16 yo)

A:Why is my internet speed so slow

If you have not already done so; try power cycling your modem and router. Unplug both; wait about a minute; then plug the modem back in first and let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Doing this will reset both the modem and router which hopefully will solve your issue. Post back if it doesnt.

-matt

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329073-why-my-internet-speed-so-slow.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Im having trouble watching video feeds from sites like willow TV Ive paid for a subscription to their sports section but the video is often jumpy It takes agaes for the buffing process I have tried the same site at work and it runs fine so Im sure its my computer DarrenLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Symantec NORTON GHOSTS EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus Speed Slow Internet IWP NPFMntor exeC Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system RioMSC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system WgaTray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Palm Hotsync exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Slow Internet Speed Mantainence Programs HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E Slow Internet Speed F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - Global Startup HOTSYNCSHORTCUTNAME lnk C Program Files Palm Hotsync exeO - Extra context menu item amp MSN Search - res C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll search htmO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open in new background tab - res C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TAB en-us msntabres dll dbe ec b a b b df ac O - Extra context menu item Open in new foreground tab - res C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TAB en-us msntabres dll dbe ec b a b b df ac O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Fi... Read more

Hello dazsteeloman and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I see no signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.Running video over an internet connection is mostly dependent on the connection speed. If you have a broadband connection then your ISP should be able to test the line for true speed. Running video over a dialup connection will definitely produce pausing for buffering.For help with internet applications I suggest posting in the Web Browsing forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/14/web-browsingemail-and-other-internet-applications/ . They might have some suggestions or tools to test the throughput of the connection.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79665/slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 56.33%

my internet speed was at 1.1 mb/s and up last night and now it wont get past 300kb/s anyone know what the problem could be and if there is a solution to it?

A:really slow internet speed

Quote: Originally Posted by Kovans

my internet speed was at 1.1 mb/s and up last night and now it wont get past 300kb/s anyone know what the problem could be and if there is a solution to it?

Kovans

We need more info. what is your network setup? ISP, cable, router, pc cards, etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35703-really-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I don't know much about networking, but can kind of understand the settings of a router. I have NETGEAR.
It all started when I was looking for a way of improving latency for my online games. I found that lowering MTU to 300-400 bytes (originally had 1500) would improve latency, but slow down internet speed (loading webpages). It didn't really work out for my game and i couldn't connect to my own router afterwards. However I reconnected to my router somehow and reseted the MTU back to 1500. I thought that resetting the MTU would make my connection go back to normal, but it didn't. I was stuck with slow speed, even tried resetting router to factory defaults. Now I don't know really what to do. Please help me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-speed.1048233/
Relevancy 56.33%

My usual net speed is 115kbp/s on every pc/laptop i have in my house connected to my modem via wlan . On everyone is the same .

for example I use WLan to connect to modem that is aproximatle 2 meters away from my TP-LINK TL-WN422G small antena ( on the antena case is says 54 mbps's)
that speed (115kbp's) is every day from 0-24h and its kind iritanting .

Is there any way to speed it up ?

My speedtest.net screenshot:
Check for Attachment

A:My internet speed very slow , how to fix ?

What speed of internet are you paying for?

The 54Mbps would be Max LAN speed. Not WAN.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277804-my-internet-speed-very-slow-how-fix.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I have a problem with slow internet speed. If I play a video clip on youtube for example, the video will play for a few seconds, then it will freeze for a few seconds, then play again for a few seconds then freeze again for a few seconds etc etc

This happens with almost every video i try to play. It happens with whichever website i goto to play a video clip.

I'm currently using internet explorer as my browser.

I recently went to the library to play the same video clips there, and the video clips were playing continously without freezing.

I think my download speed is 8mb, which should be fine i think

A:slow internet speed with internet explorer

Have to install adobe player new version also check you JAVA update.
If you have windows 7 check your updates too.Then you can reset your internet setting upper left corner has menu
Tools\internet option\advance then click on reset and restart your browser.Also you can use google chrome browser instead.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/slow-internet-speed-with-internet-explorer-551966.html
Relevancy 55.9%

my laptop's cpu usage's been kinda high lately nothing is running in my background also over the past few weeks my internet speeds been very sluggish i dont know if its my isp or is it just me i ran spybot and it removed afew spyware cookies thats it i also ran comodo firewall's scanner but came out clean i ran dss exe and got this log i deleted extra txt by accident i internet slow laptop speed? and re-ran dss but extra txt didnt come up Quote Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Xaero on - - Computer is in slow laptop and internet speed? Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis slow laptop and internet speed? run as Xaero exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C PROGRA CACHEM CachemanXP exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files winKeyLock winKeyLock exe C Program Files Launchy Launchy exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePresentation ePresentation exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TaskSwitchXP TaskSwitchXP exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C WINDOWS XPize XPizeSettings exe C Documents and Settings Xaero Local Settings Application Data HumanizedEnso Enso exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Vidalia vidalia exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files InstantEyedropper InstantEyedropper exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files Styler Styler exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C DOCUME Xaero LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Tor tor exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Xaero's Folder Appz amp Games Transparent Icon TransDtopIco exe C WINDOWS notepad exe C Documents and Settings Xaero Desktop dss exe C DOCUME Xaero Desktop Xaero exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http fol singnet com sg O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Xaero's Fo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-laptop-and-internet-speed-242941.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi my Internet speed is less in my laptop but its normal in all other devices. It came with Windows 7 i removed it and installed windows 8.1 64 bit

A:Internet speed slow in my HP laptop

Have you noticed this decrease in speed after you installed Win8? If so make sure you are running the latest wireless driver for your version of Windows 8. I would go to...

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

tell us your ping, download and upload, if possible check this with the wireless and then plug in with direct ethernet from the modem and see if your getting the same speed.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60122-internet-speed-slow-my-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
I had no problems for a year or more with internet at speed over 5MB.
Since 2 days its 50-200KB.
I followed advises on one of the threads here and other googled tips:
- ad-ware
- ccclean
- cleaned registry
- put power settings to max
Nothing.

It's the same slow speed both with my ethernet contoller Marvell Yukon and (when remove the cable from computer) with my wireless Intel Pro/wireless one.

My configuration:
Sony Vaio Intel Core Duo 1,8GHz with 2MB RAM
Vista Family 32 with SP1 (firewall off)
Norton Internet Security (on)

Can anybody help

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

Two days ago i started having some internet speed issues. The speed droped from 10MBps to 4MBps. It jumps up and down from time to time (sometimes i get 1MBps,sometimes 6MBps and sometimes 8MBps). I am using speedtest.net to check the speeds. So far i have tried :

Reinstalling the drivers,and using newer and older versions.
Switching the network adapter.
Disableing firewall,av and other apps that use internet and windows updates.

The speeds are fine on my other pc,laptop and my smartphone (all checked using speedtest,i get about 9,60-9,80MBps). Any ideas what might cause this.

Thanks in advance.

A:Internet speed suddenly slow

You could try Booting in Safe mode with Networking, then doing the test. That would eliminate any programs causing the issue that you may not know about.

Just something to try.

If you don't know how to boot in safe mode, tap f8 during startup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333421-internet-speed-suddenly-slow.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm running a Pentium RAM gig SE OS a dinasaur Internet Speed Slow Extremely I know Extremely Slow Internet Speed machine with both IE and Mozilla as my browsers I have Trend PCcillin security suite running and regularly Extremely Slow Internet Speed run Spybot S amp D Adaware SE and Registry Mechanic I also frequently run online scans as another layer Extremely Slow Internet Speed of protection Everything comes up as clean on my scans Recently my refresh rate on my browsers has dropped to ridiculously slow speeds averaging - secs or more per page I had my cable company walk me through a diagnostic check of connection speed and packet loss for my connection My cable is averaging kbs sec with little to no packet loss These are very respectable s This leads me to conclude that my problem lies within my machine with either the hardware or some software I thought it might be the PCcillin but even when I disable it I continue to have the same SLOWW refresh rate Anyone out there know how to address this Trying to surf the web has become a painful experience for me HELP

A:Extremely Slow Internet Speed

There are two things i would recommend. First would be to run Disk Cleanup. You will find that in System Tools. This will remove old coolies, internet temp files and your internet history. Second set your internet History to 0 or 1 day, instead of the default 20 days. You will find that under Internet Options in IE. This will force IE to retrieve a new page each time instead of trying to access a cache page in you temp files.One more thing is I would clear your Rcache. Go to Start> Run> cmd> ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74126/extremely-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 55.9%

can someone help?
I use to be able to download at about 200kbs but now i get 40kbs?
and when my brother is watching youtube or something i lag on my ps3
i am pretty sure im not getting my full internet plan

i don't know what my plan is either my dad doesnt know cuz he knows nothing about internet but i think its 256

Relevancy 55.9%

I've had cogeco high speed internet for almost a year now no problems very fast speed all around awesome But since the start of this month it has been brutally slow I cannot watch Internet Extremely Speed Slow youtube videos it will play stop play stop etc even if I pause the video Extremely Slow Internet Speed ahead come back minutes later it still hasn't loaded up this is terrible and extremely frustrating Even to register to this site it toke me minutes maybe more trying to get to my hotmail account toke around minutes for the damn thing to connect alot of websites wont load up or will take ages very frustrating and i seek your help I use firefox i believe not IE I've tried my connection on IE and its about as slow as firefox and firefox is fast when my connection was Extremely Slow Internet Speed nice and healthy off course I'm pretty sure i do not have any virus spyware adware I use Avast spybot-search and destroy Ad-Aware CCleaner SuperAntiSpyware and Comodo firewall i Scan regularly and find nothing So i don't know what is causing all this and its pissing me right the hell off Please help me out guys You will probably ask me to download hijack this though i am not sure Extremely Slow Internet Speed how to use it Thank you in advance --Jean

A:Extremely Slow Internet Speed

Start by reading this:Slow Computer?, Use this troubleshooting checklistDo you have a desktop computer? If so, when was the last time the innards were cleaned?http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-the-Inside-of-a-ComputerEdit to add: there are other reasons why a computer will run slow.A hardware issue is one. Another one a lot of people don't think about is their firewall and antivirus may not play nice with a system. If you have a security suite, it could possibly be that causing the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168241/extremely-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I have been a BETA tester for windows 7 since the first BETA was released.
Before installing RC V.7100 my speed was fine, Since installing, i have had many connection problems, 1 or 2 connection drops in the past week and Very slow speeds from 40-60KBps. Normally my internet speeds range from 8Mbps-12Mbps and other than my PC, all the other pc's we have in the house running Vista run perfectly fine with full speeds, i testing every PC on speedtest.net and all speeds turn out to be around 10Mbps. But my laptop with windows 7 gives results of around 0.6Mbps. I tried resetting the router but obviously thats not the issue, resetting the wireless adapter, updating drivers, installing updates, rebooting, changing ip addresses, none seem to make a difference, i still get slow speeds. All PC's are wireless, so interference is no problem. What could be the issue?

Thanks

A:Internet Speed Slow After RC Install

Install the following driver if you haven't already:

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista*

Other than that, not really much to think of if all your other computers network well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12448-internet-speed-slow-after-rc-install.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, hi, i'm new here, but I quite honestly need some big help! It started a few weeks ago after I replaced the wires that go into the back of my dsl modem, because it was constantly d/cing at random times throughout the day. Well, it seems I traded one problem for another. You see, I don't get d/ced anymore, but it seems my connection speed has drastically decreased, and I have no idea why! It takes forever to download things now that took little time before, despite getting disconnected randomly. I have a Qwest Actiontec dsl modem of some kind, no router, and I have the Qwest Quickcare installed; it says nothing is wrong, but obviously I think something is. Help would be very apprieciated, I want fast internet again!

A:Strange Internet speed slow down

Purchase a DSL splitter and install it at the telco service entrance. Run a direct line from the DSL port on the splitter directly to the DSL modem. Connect all of the other phone instruments to the telephone output of the DSL splitter. All of the DSL analog side wiring should be CAT3 or better twisted pair from the telco service entrance to the DSL/ADSL modem. You can use one of the twisted pairs in CAT5 cable if you have that on hand.

This is as good as it gets for DSL installations, and will usually solve in-house wiring issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-internet-speed-slow-down.576578/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there ive been experiencing extremely slow internet speeds on this computer for about a month now When i say slow internet slow speed extremely i mean download a file at around kbps and it takes in excess of minutes to load a minute video on youtube I have only experienced the slowness on this computer and not on any other computer here is my Hijackthis log and im grateful for any help recieved Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on extremely slow internet speed Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe extremely slow internet speed C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files NETGEAR WN v WN V exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run RaidTool C Program Files VIA R... Read more

A:extremely slow internet speed

Bumping for help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-internet-speed.895050/
Relevancy 55.9%

I got Internet Monitor---slow Speed this bug a few days ago and removed if from quot add remove programs quot and then restored to a previous date I thought I got rid of it but comp is still running slow Using Win XP Here are my two Internet Speed Monitor---slow logs ComboFix - - - Phil Emerson - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running from C Documents and Settings Phil Emerson Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE RQN Z ComboFix exe Created a new restore point Other Deletions C RECYCLER desktopA sys Internet Speed Monitor---slow Drivers Services ------- nm Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS NirCmd exe - - --a------ C Program Files HiJackThis exe Find M Report - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings Phil Emerson Application Data MSN - - ----a-w C Program Files hijackthis log - - --------- d-----w C Program Files USA TODAY MileTracker - - --------- d-----w C Program Files MileTracker - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system drivers NSDriver sys - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system drivers AWRTRD sys - - --------- d-----w C Program Files United TravelDesk - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Avg - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings Phil Emerson Application Data Leadertech - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings Phil Emerson Application Data MSNInstaller - - --------- d-----w C Program Files MSN Messenger - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data MSN - - ----a-w C Program Files setup radio - exe - - ----a-w C Program Files spywareguardsetup exe - - ----a-w C Program Files Firefox Setup exe - - ----a-w C Program Files SP exe - - ----a-w C Program Files spywareblastersetup exe - - ----a-w C Program Files aaw exe - - ----a-w C Program Files oeqbfull zip - - ----a-w C Program Files hijackthis zip Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser Helper Objects A FB EB - B- - D- F E E HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot SynTPLpr quot quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe quot - - quot SynTPEnh quot quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot - - quot HPDJ Taskbar Utility quot quot C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe quot - - quot AVG CC quot quot C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe quot - - quot QuickTime Task quot quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot - - quot MMTray quot quot C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe quot - - quot Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - quot Yapta Tracker quot quot C Documents and Settings Phil Emerson My Documents Yapta YaptaClient exe quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot SpybotSD TeaTimer quot quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe quot - - C Documents and Settings Phil Emerson Start Menu Programs Startup SpywareGuard lnk - C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk backup C WINDOWS pss Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk backup C WINDOWS pss Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup eFax DllCmd lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup eFax D... Read more

A:Internet Speed Monitor---slow

Bumpity-bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-monitor-slow.636365/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed a new motherboard on my pc and changed the case, and noticed my downloads go at like 30kb/s.. they used to be like 2gb/s its been a month now with this problem and I have not been able to solve it, did everything that was obvious then searched some stuff on internet, this is my last resort. thanks

A:Comcast Internet speed slow

You likely need to reinstall your wireless or wired modem... They may not be recognized by the system in the same way they were with the old board. Security from your provider often will shut down when it detects changes to hardware other than memory as a prevention against "theft" of their product...
you can find the setup info at the manufacturer's web site for the cable modem, and with a phone call to your connection provider... but watch out for service charges if they have to visit your home.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-internet-speed-slow.129970/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just bought an HP Stream for my daughter that is running windows 8.1 I believe but I don't know if its 32 bit or 64 bit.  The trouble I am having is that the stream is surfing the internet way slower on my network than my old beat up Gateway laptop.   I don't know if there is a setting that I am missing to correct this.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to do?  I have already taken off a ton of un-necessary apps but it doesn't remedy the problem.  Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Stream-slow-internet-speed/td-p/5621774
Relevancy 55.9%

ok so i have recently been having internet troubles. my download speed is supposed to be 5mbps but is usually a bit below that. today it has dropped to 30-50 kbps and i cant download everything. i took 3 tests on different website but all said my download speed is 5-6 mbps. i hav a comtrend CT-5361T router/modem. my computer i am using is a macbook laptop. it is my schools (they give us one for school work) so i hav limited access to some options and websites.

A:Internet download speed is slow

With a 5 meg connection, I wouldnt expect to get great download speeds, with 7 meg DSL, my fastest download speed as 700k/sec. Many things depend on how far from the site you are, how busy the server is, and whether it is limiting traffic speeds or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-speed-is-slow.1021984/
Relevancy 55.9%

i have lots of pop ups and my internet connection is very slow now i have used registry cleaners and they dont help and have kaspersky internet security and that doesnt find any problems there is definalty something on my machine but i just dont know what plz help here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet of ups i internet and slow speed pop lots have Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - i have lots of pop ups and slow internet speed HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www speedapps com search htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - no file O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - i have lots of pop ups and slow internet speed BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - no file O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system i have lots of pop ups and slow internet speed igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htm O - Extra button Web traffic protection statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - DPF C -FCD - - - EA AA Solitaire Showdow... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

I just upgraded my internet speed to - kbps or something like that with DSL I m paying a month I m trying to conquer slow browsing speeds I m wondering if there is some other something slowing me down Here is my hjack this log Is there slow speed super internet anything i super slow internet speed don t need R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www buyshade com R super slow internet speed - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B super slow internet speed D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run OrderReminder C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exe O - HKLM Run Run RunOnce U UOWS Shared REMOTE INSTALL RunOnce exe C UPS UOWS ShipUPS EXE O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Global Startup Picture Package Menu lnk O - Global Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk O - Global Startup QuickBooks Delivery Agent lnk C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Pro Components QBAgent qbdagent exe O - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe O - Global Startup UPS OnLine PLD Reminder Utility lnk O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c progra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/super-slow-internet-speed.424620/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi guys i wonder if anyone can help me with my internet speed problem, until a few days ago everything was fine iwas getting 9.80 Mb/s dl and 0.49 Mb/s ul, ping 18ms
but now i'm only getting 0.25 Mb/s dl and 0.18 Mb/s ul, ping 20ms
I'm confused as to why or how this has happened any ideas ??

Relevancy 55.9%

hey today i just bought an asus rt-n11 wireless router and i am getting really slow speed through it and drops out on the occasion, but direct connected i get alot more speed. i check for malware and back door garbage viruses etc. each day, im not too sure what this is or means please help. thanks

A:Slow internet speed through router

I would first uninstall or delete existing install. Reboot, and reinstall. Is it slow in both regular connect and Wireless? Or is only your wireless connect slow?
How do you determine it is slow? What are you using to test the connection speed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-speed-through-router.121890/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm currently trying to get an importnt postion for a job but it requires a upload speed of 635-640.But my computer upload speed is currently 437.10 ,what can literally make my upload speed run faster? PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE,THANKX!*

A:slow upload speed from internet

Ultimately the upload and download speeds you get are determined by your Internet connection. You need to contact your ISP to find out the normal upload speed for your connection. If your speed is substantially slower than this your computer or other hardware may have issues. But in most cases you would need to buy a faster connection from your ISP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-upload-speed-from-internet-610003.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Well here's a interesting problem..
Suddenly my PC caps my downloads to 10-30 kb/s.. The problem solves tough after I change the ethernet cable. But it has been proven that it only works for a while and that the cap won't be removed until I changed to yet another ethernet cable..
Does anyone know where can I start to see what's wrong?
It's not virus/adware, neither my network adapter (update drivers and everything) and also I called my isp and I'm nowhere close my limit (Heck with 10kb/s I'll probably never reach it. xD)

Any help is appreciated!

A:Internet speed suddenly slow?

Heya Tarekco,
nice to see ya again (though I suppose it isn't very pleasant considering you keep getting problems that you can't find solutions to. Hopefully I can help you out a little bit)

Try these steps, the more you try, the more likely you will be able to solve the problem.

1. if you are running IE, try this: How to reset Internet Explorer settings (download not required)

2. Unplug BOTH your modem and router. Wait 30 seconds and them plug them both back in.

3. if that doesn't work, download the most recent software version of your adapter (and if you have already, try downloading a slightly older version. this fixed a slow connection for me once). If you have such a slow connection, it may take a while. You could download it off another computer onto a USB device and then install it on your computer through that method. DO NOT INSTALL IT JUST YET.

4. Delete all previous adapter AND windows 'wireless profiles' that you have saved on your computer. DO NOT use windows to connect wirelessly. Use the adapter ONLY (going through its setup on whichever network you would like to connect to, after you install it). I've posted a pic for you:

5. Uninstall your current wireless adapter's software and any other wireles software. This is the time to install that new adapter software you saved from Step #3 in your windows downloads folder, following all the instructions, entering the password to your prefered connection. Don't change any other setting.

6. Up till now I assumed you wanted to use your adapter more than the cable, but let us troubleshoot that as well. Go to your motherboards manufacturer and download the most recent drivers according to your motherboard's specs and windows opperating system (make sure you get the 32bit and 64bit versions correct). Anything that says LAN or such on it is most important, and you don't really need to worry about the rest (for this problem). You can use a USB install here as well if you cannot get a good enough internet connection.

7. Failing all of this, Let me know because we may have to check out the router settings in comparrison to your windows settings. Windows updates might help, but you can hardly download them without an internet connection.

How long is your cable (so long as it isn't connected to 3 different cables, it should be fine)? How far away from the router is your computer (it isn't across the hall in a steel room is it)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196784-internet-speed-suddenly-slow.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Scan result of Farbar slow Super speed internet Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Grumblin administrator on JERKIELERKIE - - Running from C Users Grumblin Desktop Loaded Profiles Grumblin Available Profiles Grumblin Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Super slow internet speed Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AsusFanControlService AsusFanControlService exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Total Security avp exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamNetworkService exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Total Security avpui exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamUserAgent exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III AISuite exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III DIP DIPAwayMode DipAwayMode exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Integrated Clock Controller Service ICCProxy exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe NETGEAR C Program Files x NETGEAR A A EXE NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation ShadowPlay nvspcaps exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III AsusMiniBar exe Tweaking com C Program Files x Tweaking com Windows Repair All in One WR Tray Icon exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run ShadowPlay gt C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run USB MON gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run A gt C Program Files x NETGEAR A A EXE - - NETGEAR HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints e d - f- e - d - e f e - E autostart exe HKU S- - - - - - - Control Panel Desktop SCRNSAVE EXE - gt D Downloads Ye olde stufferators dds scr - - Swearware Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default Winsock Catalog C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDNSP DLL No File Winsock Catalog C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDNSP DLL No File Winsock Catalog -x C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDNSP DLL No File Winsock Catalog -x C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDNSP DLL No File Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Tcpip Interfaces B -E F- F - A - AB F DhcpNameServer Internet Explorer HKU DEFAULT SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restriction lt ATTENTION BHO Office Document Cache Handler - gt B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL - - Microsoft Corpo... Read more

A:Super slow internet speed

Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

Winsock: Catalog5 08 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL No File
Winsock: Catalog5 09 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL No File
Winsock: Catalog5-x64 08 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL No File
Winsock: Catalog5-x64 09 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL No File
HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
cmd: netsh winsock reset catalog

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please post the Addtion.txt file created by the Farbar tool for my review.Let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594726/super-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay it s safe to say when it comes to things like this im pretty much useless For the past weeks now my internet has been running incredibly slow never Speed! Internet Connection Slow HELP! had a problem with it in the past I have checked the firmware of the router all up to date reset it god knows how many times and its just not improving in the Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP! slightest I have also took my laptop to Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP! a friends house make sure there wasn t a problem with that and it was running completely fine It s driving me insane safe to say BT are no help at all My current router is BT Home Hub - Software version Type A Any help would be greatly appreciated I should also add we use several devices with the internet and it s running slow on all of them iPad Mobile Xbox I did think maybe we are using too much but even when a single device is connected its as slow as So yea HELP nbsp

A:Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP!

Please post your results from a SpeedTest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-speed-help.1128495/
Relevancy 55.9%

So hi everyone.

First of all sorry for my bad English. So i got this problem and i don't know how to solve it.
I bought i new TOSHIBA Satellite C55D - A - 15H it came with windows 8.1 but I didn't liked it so I installed Windows 7 Ultimate and now i'm getting slow wireless and Ethernet speeds. I searched forums for days and days and i can't find a problem. I tried to reinstall drivers and so on. Btw other computers are getting much more Internet speed than i'm getting.