Windows Support Forum

Wireless Wifi connection speed

Q: Wireless Wifi connection speed

Dell Inspiron 1545 w/ Vista
Using the Wifi connection to the internet (wireless) to building Wifi, the signal strength is strong but the speed is poor. My regular desktop shows speeds are fine (used in the same area). (Desktop >16Mbs...Laptop <1 to 4.5Mbs.

Dell help is non existent. Computer given to me by son of recently deceased friend,

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Wifi connection speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 64.93%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 64.5%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 64.5%

I bought a toshiba satellite m -s on April It has an intel pro wireless bg adapter - driver v I have it connected a netgear wgr v router it has a problem maintaining a constant speed I watched the network monitor on the notebook and it always shows a quot connection excellent quot however the speed is not constant - it will vary from - issue pro intel wireless speed connection 2200bg wireless mbsp to wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg mbsp - but seldom does it maintain the mbsp on I sent the machine to toshiba - they replaced the network adapter - or so they said and wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the original software I rec d the machine back and find that the problem has not changed - it still will not maintain a steady speed so viewing files on other pcs on the lan takes forever and page loads on the net can also occupy too much time I have an older toshiba satellite with a netgear wireless wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg wg t adapter I have watched the monitor on that one and it will show connection excellent and maintains a steady speed of mbsp these two machines can be sitting side by side or in separate rooms and still the old one will maintain it s connection and speed but the new will not maintain the speed I called toshiba up again and they want to say it s my router I explained to them that another toshiba on the same network does not faulter -- so how can it be the router they didn t want to but they are quot granting quot me service to send the machine back to them again I haven t done that yet as I thought I would see if there was some real help elsewhere -- like perhaps here just to be on the CYA side I updated the firmware on the netgear router - the problem remained also after reading several wireless issues on this board and learning how to do pings and such I did wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg run the DrTCP and changed the mtu to dsl modem netopia caymen series router netgear v windows xp home - on all computers anyone have any idea why the new toshiba will not maintain a speed on the same router as the old toshiba that continues to work and maintain a speed I would prefer to resolve this issue without having to send it off to toshiba again as I m not convinced they actually checked the problem before swapping parts and reformatting nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a new dual band wireless-AC router Linksys EA and just installed an Intel AC wireless card in Wireless on equipment to 54mb/s Speed Connection limited Wireless-N my laptop The wireless network I am connected to indicates that it is a n connection but in the Wireless Network Connection Status it only shows a connection speed of mb s The router is capable of mb s in Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment the ghz band and mb s in the ghz band Using inSSIDer to examine the networks it shows that when I'm connected to the ghz network it has a max rate of mb s I have tried everything I can think of and have searched and searched to no avail If my router is an AC router and my wireless card is an AC card why is my connection speed limited to mb s I also have another computer with a wireless-N card and the connection speed is also limited to mb s on that computer too I've attached a screenshot showing the connection speed

A:Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment

Have you tried checking the various setting in the network folder? Also, your router has a configuration web page doesnt it? a page you would go to; in order to change the router settings? If so, log into that page and check the router settings. Also; even though the router is new I believe you mentioned; there might be a firmware upgrade for the router that you should be able to easily check for. Im not familiar with the type of router you have. but you should be able to get into the settings fairly easily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323962-wireless-connection-speed-limited-54mb-s-wireless-n-equipment.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys, I have an Atheros AR9285 WiFi card in my laptop, and the other day, it just became very unstable with the connection and it is giving me very low transfer speeds.

I've come to think that a Windows Update replaced the driver in it, how could I fix it, or fix the problem?

Thanks alot guys!

A:Atheros WiFi card - Bad connection/transfer speed

You can search the model number online and add "drivers" with or with out the quotations; and there should be a download link in the first 20 results just make sure its a reputable website you're downloading from.

When you run the installer you'll often have an uninstall option if they're already installed. Un install and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

Other things to look for are you torrenting? is your cpu always at 100% (would indicate some kind of malware)? you should check your start up programs to make sure that there isn't anything starting up and running in the back ground.

Also where are you in relation to the router/modem? You'd be surprised how much of a difference a few walls make.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/195183-atheros-wifi-card-bad-connection-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Desktop running XP connected to my home wireless network with a Linksys Wireless G USB adaptor My network has WEP security enabled I anti-hijack ever connection mysteriously reduced since WiFi speed tinkering... ve never had any problems as far as the network goes except on occasion when the cable internet service goes out My system recently had WiFi connection speed mysteriously reduced ever since anti-hijack tinkering... a rootkit that was causing a variety of issues not the least of which was Internet Explorer not working properly and evidence of diversion of my browser to adware sites etc At the same time I noticed these problems and began tinkering I found that my WiFi network connection speed was slower than normal according to the connection status It was and continues to show as Mbps - Mbps It s not clear whether this was due to the quot infection quot or to a setting getting messed up during the initial attempts to figure out what was going wrong I just got through disinfecting the system with a great deal of help from one of the members of this site See here if interested in the details with many logs etc http www techspot com vb topic html What is very strange is that I have two other computers in the same room on the same network and they were showing and continue to show the normal WiFi speed I get Mbps There is clearly nothing wrong with my WiFi After considerable effort my system now appears to be clean All normal functionality has been restored except that the connection status still consistently shows the reduced speed usually Mbps but sometimes dropping to Mbps This is despite the fact that the signal still shows as quot Excellent quot and as noted my other machines are showing Mbps This seems very odd Is there a setting that might have been messed up and needs to be reset There were some initial problems with IE being unable to find some files I messed around with putting in the OEM Dell XP system disk so they could be retrieved etc Not sure if that could have anything whatsoever to do with any of this or if it was or is related to the infection Anyone have any ideas I m unsure what to even check nbsp

A:WiFi connection speed mysteriously reduced ever since anti-hijack tinkering...

when you type: ipconfig /flushdns do you get an error?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connection-speed-mysteriously-reduced-ever-since-anti-hijack-tinkering.88912/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Im fairly adept at networking so I think Im missing something simple here. I just formatted an HP laptop and the wireless is working ok through the windows wireless zero config. There were 2 sofpaq's for the wireless on HP's site but their online support is telling me to only get 1 of them. The reason I even went there was because it only connects to wireless networks at 11Mbps and its supposed to be capable of 54Mbps. Ive now downloaded the software they recommend and installed it but there is no change. I cant find anywhere to change the speed either. I thought at one time I saw a setting in my Linksys router to adjust bandwidth but Im not finding that.
As far as the laptop, its an HP pavilion ze4700 w/XP home. Any tips on the connection speed?

Relevancy 61.92%

A conundrum. My mom's Dell Inspirion E1505 runs super slow on her wireless at home. In fact, in the time it has taken me to Google this site, register and make this post, she is still waiting for one page to load.

However, the computer runs normally on the wireless everywhere else.

My Dell, my sister's laptop and an Uncle have all been able to successfully connect to her network and surf without problem.

She's chipped it up, bought a new battery, but the computer continues to run slowly. Any other suggestions?

A:Wireless Connection Speed

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-speed.864051/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everyone I'm new here I came here because my computer has lots of problems Lots of problems that I've been unable to solve despite the fact that I'm fairly capable of fixing computers But the problems I have are unique Or at least I think they are Maybe somebody here can help In this post I'm looking for answers on the biggest problem Speed Connection Wireless I have that is driving me nuts Allow me to explain I am running a Model Compaq Presario I know it's old but it's all I have right now I connect to the internet using a high speed cable wireless connection Specifically a Lynsys wireless modem router My room mate has a PC Machines desktop computer and is always connected at mbps on the same wireless network But my computer is almost always slower My connection speed jumps anywhere from mbps to mbps but most of the time it's on the lower end of the spectrum I'm usually under mbps Considering both my room mate and myself are connecting the the same wireless network It makes sense that my computer is the problem I have deleted large files off my machine and I now have GB of free space I have defraged my drive and my connection speed is still slow At this very moment I'm running at mbps when I should be at mbps I am desperately Wireless Connection Speed seeking advice as to what I should do I'm paying for high speed internet but I'm experiencing dial up speeds

A:Wireless Connection Speed

Try TCPOtimiser. Set it to Optimal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-speed-363529.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I just bought a new Ultrabook from Samsung that came with windows Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz RAM GB -bit Connection! Solved: and Speed Wireless Operating System x -based processor First thing I noticed is it kept disconnecting me from the wireless network Or won t see it Second issue was the Solved: Wireless Speed and Connection! slow page load where the grey ring in the Firefox tab never turns green and the message at the bottom is always saying quot waiting Solved: Wireless Speed and Connection! for quot One Solved: Wireless Speed and Connection! minute I suffer from the above issues and another minute I don t Did some search and found other having the same issue Here s what I did to resolve the problem but didn t notice a thing Deleted and re-installed the wireless driver Flushed the DNS Cache Also bought a new access point and a router but the problem is still present Tried other laptops and they work fine windows and Mac Issue was present before installing Internet security program nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Problem is 2 laptops in the same house have different internet connection speeds when viewing the speed data in the Wireless connections tab.
1st laptop is an old acer (windows vista) and its running at 300mps to a virgin 50mb wireless router.
2nd laptop is a new dell xps running windows 7, corei7 etc but is only connecting at 144mps speed.

I cant figure out why this is the case as I would have thought they would both be the same. It means that the speed of the dell laptop is much slower than the acer.

Have noticed that when I'm downloading podcasts etc from itunes its stupidly slow on the dell.

Any idea on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.06%

I am not seeing anything higher than 54.0 mbps connection speeds with my N wireless set up. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My equipment/cable service is as follows:

Cablevision Optonline with Boost (30 downstream/5 upstream/100 mbps wired LAN)

Laptop specs:

Gateway M6817 with Vista Home Premium/Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
2 gb ram, 250 HD, Intel Centrino Duo Core 2, 1.5 ghz processor

Router:

Belkin Wireless N model #F5D8233-4

Router settings: WPA2PSK/AES
20/40mhz bandwidth
b/g/n mode (laptop does not connect on N only mode)

***I also downloaded the most recent firmware/drivers for the network card and Belkin router***

Relevancy 61.06%

I recently upgraded my laptop (Acer Aspire 5738ZG) from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. Everything works fine except that my Wireless connection Speed has dropped from 300Mbps to 150Mbps. As far as I can tell, I have lost one of the two bands. My router is a DIR-655 D-Link and the wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR5B91. I have updated the driver on the atheros adapter, and am using the newest firmware for the router. I realize that the speeds were probably never 300Mpbs (and that this transfer rate is way over the capacity I use) but I nevertheless must have lost half my capacity and I would dearly like to recapture it. I am using the same router specifications as before: mixed n/g/b auto 20/40mhz. If anyone can help me reactivate my second band, I would really appreciate it. Thanx!

A:Wireless Network Connection Speed

I'd be looking at the wireless drivers, they're the only thing you changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-speed.874803/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi-
Searched threads need help.

I notice when online, through my wireless connection, that the speed seems tochange alot. When I hit the icon on the bottom right of the computer sometimes it says "Speed 24.0 Mbps, or Speed 54.0 Mbps, it seems to fluxuate alot. I notice when it says a speed other than 54.0 Mbps things load slower from web pages. Regardless of what the speed says, the Signal Strength always says" Excellent " and the status always says " " Connected."

Any help would be appreciated!

The router is a Linksys wirless G 2.4Ghz 54Mbps broadband router
The computer is a Sony s460 lap with the built in w/lan.

Thanks-Bob

A:wireless network speed connection

Hi,

Might be worth ensuring that nobody else is logging into your wireless network.

Mine used to also be slow at times until I locked the connection to the MAC addresses of my worksations

Maybe download a bandwidth monitor to see what is happening, something like du-meter.

Of course, it may just be a coincidence as wireless signals can fluxuate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-speed-connection.387302/
Relevancy 61.06%

i ahve a win98se and a home built, and 2 dells, it is possible to get all of them into the same wireless router? i say one for lynksys about 129.99 USD for whole house wireless coverage? is it a good deal
my conection is Cabel High Speed

and also how fast can i tell me connection is?
thanks

Relevancy 61.06%

Although we are paying alot of money every month to BT home broadband for 8megabit connection, when I run a speed test, some days I get 0.2mbps and some days I get more like 0.9-1 mbps. Is this because of neighbours, or is it because I am wireless (even though the downstairs wired pc gets the same speeds)? If so, what can I do to speed up my download speeds?
Thanks
Tubes

Relevancy 61.06%

I just made a wireless connection using a Hiro 802.11b/g/n WLAN USB Adapter on my Dell Computer which is running Windows XP, SP3 and a Netgear WNDR3300 Wireless Dual Band router.

I am getting a connection on only the 2.4-G at 54 mps. I was hoping to get a higher speed. What happened? (BTW, my ISP is Comcast, if that means anything.)

I am new to all this wireless stuff, so maybe I missed something in the setup?

Relevancy 60.63%

Every now and then, I have a problem where the network connection manager pops up wanting to make a 3g connection when I already have a wifi connection. I do not have my data card in my laptop so it couldn't connect even if I told it to.

I am running Windows XP on a Toshiba Tecra M2.

Suggestions appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-wifi-vs-3g.123597/
Relevancy 60.2%

Sorry me again Enhance To Connection/speed? Ways Wireless Any I just found this out Seems a bit odd I have a HP zt laptop sitting foot away from my old Dell Any Ways To Enhance Wireless Connection/speed? laptop I only have wireless card To access BC's site I have to use my Dell b c of the problem discussed in my other forum post I noticed that my Dell was connected at a rate from kbs- kbs but when I put the card in my HP the rate dropped to kbs- kbs I thought that was strange seeing that they are sitting right next to each other I'm connected thru a D-Link DI router My card is a Linksys-D PC guy told me its Any Ways To Enhance Wireless Connection/speed? the newest avail Both laptops have the drivers installed using the same disk that came with the card I've uninstalled then reinstalled the drives using the disk on my HP The driver icon on my taskbar says its a linksys-WPC N Is there anyway to tweak the system to increase the connection speed I don't know if my HP has a hardware issue or a driver issue It just seems odd that an older unit running the same driver and card would have such a huge advantage in speed Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81927/any-ways-to-enhance-wireless-connectionspeed/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey All,
I use a Linksys Wireless-B USB Network Adaptor for my PC to share our broadband connection. I Also use a Linksys Router for the main pc. The Adverage speed for the main PC is about 15KB/s - a really good speed for surfing the internet. My Computer also goes that speed. I only have one problem, The time it takes for webpages to load on my wireless pc is really slow. I got better load times on Dialup.. I dont know if its my slow old pc, or what, but i just want to surf the net quicker....
===========================
My PC:
Windows 98 SE
333 MHz, 4 GIG HD, 64 Megs of RAM
============================
Steps i have taken:
-Tried to tweak some IE settings
-Scanned for vicious spyware/malware
-tried messign with some settings in the controll pannel
===============================
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increase-wireless-internet-connection-speed.358144/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm running off of a Linksys Wireless 802.11 ( not sure of the name for the actual device), and it reads off of a Linksys BEFW11S4. Lately, my connection speed has been rather slow. I'm not sure if its possible, but I'm looking for some ways to tweak it to run at higher speeds. I'm not sure if it's me, the Router, or the ISP. Usually I get highspeeds even during high traffic, and lately it's been rather slow.

Thank you in advanced for any help,
Jasio

A:Tweaking Connection Speed W/ Linksys Wireless 802.11

Try this tweak test:

http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

and here are some broadband speed tweaks. Make sure you download the uninstaller (dnscache undo) so if it doesn't work you can restore your settings.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tweaking-connection-speed-w-linksys-wireless-802-11.54202/
Relevancy 60.2%

Any proof to this? My guess is the router has a built-in firewall, which slows hemps download speed? I read 100Mbps with hard wired, and 54Mbps max with wireless.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All,

I badly needed your help, I have a 1MB internet connection and I really want to limit my wireless speed connection.

My modem is Prolink 9300G. I want to limit it cause ME the main user for the Connection is always slow and of course me as the main subscriber for the dsl I want to limit the wireless connection.

Its really a pain when youre wife's brother is downloading Gigabytes of stuff while playing there lousy game!

I dont want to cut his internet i just want to limit his speed so he can limit his downloads.

Any ways to do this? I am really really desperate for this solution.

Will always check up on my thread.

Bookmark!

Thanks,
R

Relevancy 60.2%

my linksys card keeps changing speed and gets slower and slower each time . I have reformated and reloaded system several times and get the same results every time . when I first installed the card it did very well but now is down to 5 mpbs instead of 54

A:my wireless connection keeps changing speed all the time

how are you seeing the speed change, how are you checking it, what os, you were seeing 54mbps all the time, how old is the card, using a router, do you ever reboot the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-connection-keeps-changing-speed-all-the-time.463411/
Relevancy 60.2%

Im helping a friend out here. He thinks he has changed the settings in his mobile wifi router r205 Huawei. I can ping the 192.168.0.1 & when i connect a cable from a different router it works fine for his laptop. When i run the ipconfig /all the media is disconnected. The primart DNS suffix doesnt show up. Any help with this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vodafone-wifi-no-wireless-connection.1082099/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having an odd problem on one of my new laptops. I have a new gateway tablet laptop and am using wireless networking in my home, a linksys wrt54g, the wireless router is pretty close to me and I always show full signal. However, my speed has been dropping from 54Mbps to 24, and sometimes lower, even though I am at full signal.

This does not occur on my other gateway laptop.

If I repair the connection it reconnects me at 54Mbps every time.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks,
Tyler

Relevancy 59.77%

I recently clean installed windows 7 on an ssd i bought for my custom built computer and after installing all the updates and every driver has even been updated to the latest, I still have slow internet speeds and that's with my ethernet and wirless adapter.

I have google just about everything and can't seem to find how to fix this, but some help would be every appreciated.

Also, I'm not sure which specs and info you need to know for this but just tell me what you need to know and I'll post it in the next reply.

A:Slow internet speed with wired and wireless connection

Use this to test your internet speed and see if you are getting what you are paying for.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

What internet method are you using? (DSL, Cable ect.)

From your specs.

Quote:
Antivirus none
Browser Chrome

No anti virus is not wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/398848-slow-internet-speed-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a dell Inspiron 1705 using built in Intel ProSet Wireless. Up until yesterday all was well....network connection speed of 54 Mbps almost always. Today speed varies from 54 Mbps (at start up) to as low as 1Mbps (2, 5.5, 12, 18, 24, 36 and even sometimes back up to 54). Anybody got an idea what's up? Using linksys wrt54gl as router/gateway with Desktop hard wired to it. No apparent problems with desktop.

Relevancy 59.77%

I just installed my mom s wireless router for her speed, solutions? my downgrading connection Wireless any router Long story short it took six hours Who knew that the only WEP key that would Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions? work correctly is the first of the four Why even give me for if three of them don t work Anyway I m terribly concerned about this new fangled wireless internet I have two Bellsouth Fastaccess DSL connections in my house The one I m posting from now is mine and a trip to dslreports com tells me that I m sitting pretty at a kbps download speed My upload speed is a Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions? meager kbps but that s not what the problem here is My mom s DSL post-wireless connection is chugging along at about kbps down That s awful Her upload speed is fine it s in the s I checked her speed before I switched her over to wireless and it was Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions? going just fine at about Kbps I was using her connection for a long time because mine was accidentally cancelled by the geniuses at Bellsouth And I never experienced terrible connection speeds Wireless isn t suppose to do this to a connection right Are there any settings I m missing the resolve this issue The icon in her system tray says that it s connected at like Mbps We ve got two laptops and a printer on the wireless network One laptop is running Windows and the other is running Windows Vista The router is a quot Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router quot with get this quot Speed Booster quot It s Ghz whatever that means and the model number is WRT GS Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Oh and Happy Easter nbsp

A:Wireless router downgrading my connection speed, any solutions?

If your devices aren't getting pretty old they should support the more secure WPA-PSK encryption. In my opinion it's also easier to use. All 4 WEP keys work, but "mix and match" doesn't work. Whatever you specify for key n in the router has to be specified for key n in any wireless adapters. I've used the first key and all four keys, but assume that you can use any one or combination you want.

Turbos and speedboosters and draft n are a little worrisome because they can do more harm than good if all devices don't match. Since you are having bandwidth problems I suggest setting everything to just use the standard 802.11g 54Mbps until you get things sorted out.

What download results are you getting on the other wireless laptop?

Make sure you have the latest wireless adapter drivers (from the laptop's manufacturer if integrated), that there are no other wireless networks in range on the same or close channel, and have the laptop in the same room as the router for testing.

Probably be worth checking to see if Linksys has a firmware upgrade for the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-downgrading-my-connection-speed-any-solutions.559658/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys I m having a puzzling issue with my wireless connection The wireless connection to my stationary computer is fine when I first connect but after a couple of minutes it slows down from mbit to about kbit or less The upload speed has not changed as slows Wireless but connection Solved: to fast first, speed down 1\10 of at then much It has gone from mbit to around kbit The connection on my laptop is working just fine also win but not same adapter I m using a Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed ICIDU wireless Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed usb adapter with the latest driver for windows this is a beta driver and might be the root of my problem but it has worked fine before on the same OS I just scanned the computer for malware and found nothing of importance The connection itself is about but I don t think that should matter that much especially because it works fine when first connected There is nothing in the background as far as I can see using extra bandwidth and windows firewall is turned OFF If needed I can post a screen from xirrus Please help Thanks Trevor Goodchild nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection fast at first, but then slows down to 1\10 of speed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-fast-at-first-but-then-slows-down-to-1-10-of-speed.899471/
Relevancy 59.34%

I was wondering if / how to set up a wireless router to work with a WIFI network. My parents live in a park that has just added WIFI for Internet. What settings have to be set in a wireless router to have it connect to the WIFI system?

Thanks

A:using a wireless router with a WIFI internet connection.

We need to know more about the WiFi Internet connection. Is it 802.11g, or do you have some sort of receiver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-wireless-router-with-a-wifi-internet-connection.378318/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
After trawling various help sites and reading pages of forum answers I realise that this is a very common problem. Nevertheless everything I try just doesn't seem to work so I'm hoping somebody may have the answer for me.
I have recently purchased a Wireless-N repeater which is now up and running and connects with both Ipad, iPhone and other laptops with ease. The problem is that I can't connect using my own PC. I'm using Windows Vista and the connection to the repeater seems fine, it just can't connect to the Internet. Every time I try and open a web page I receive the following message.
Error 105 (net:ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED) Unable to resolve the servers DNS address.

I've tried various solution but to no avail. I'd be very grateful if anybody has any suggestions and can talk me through it as its driving me bonkers!!

Many thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

A:Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 very slow connection speed

Quote: Originally Posted by ageo7836

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

What usually works is to connect using a wired connection then go to the Windows Update Center and install all the recent drivers for your new system, this should install the latest driver for the Intel NIC.

If you want the full 300Mbps this NIC is capable of then you will need to use the 802.11N Only setting in your routers set up page, using the mixed modes will slow your connection speed way down to wireless G speeds of 54Mpbs.

Or you could try using the drivers in the link below.
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Mini-PCIe Card Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Wireless Driver & Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298849-intel-centrino-wireless-n-2230-very-slow-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It has been acting up big time in the last couple days. The speed (Mbps) fluncuates up and down, and constantly disconnects me. I have tried resetting the modem, but it will still do it after some time. I have the newest filmware. Why did it just start acting up now?

It has got to be the placement of the router. I have it in its own room on the same floor as my laptop, but its on a desk about 3 ft high. Perhaps on the ceiling?

Relevancy 58.91%

I m using a belkin modem wireless router When the wireless connection speed is mbps i can surf the web But it often drops to mbps and sometimes even mbps When it does this i cant surf the web Every time this happens i need to repair my connection After that I would be able to surf for a few minutes Then the speed drops again I d have to repeat the same thing over the often unstable.Speed drops Wireless to surf and web. unable connection and over again And my pc which is connected via ethernet connection directly to the modem router works just fine When i called belkin s tech support they asked me to change from WPA to WEP After i did this the problem became worse My laptop cant even connect to the router I dont know whether it s the router or the dsl connection Bcoz i ve used linksys and netgear before and the same problem occurred back then but not as frequent as now So can anyone help me with this problem nbsp

A:Wireless connection unstable.Speed often drops and unable to surf the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-unstable-speed-often-drops-and-unable-to-surf-the-web.766109/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,
I have windows 7 home premium and internet explorer 9 installed with norton antivirus protection.

My problem.

Since about a week ago i have been suffering from wireless drop out and extremely slow internet in my bedroom via wireless where it used to be good. I tried to update my malbytes earlier and it was still on 0% downloaded after 5 mins before connection cut.
I am writing this in the study where the router is based just to be able to load pages and have a better change of less dropping which it still doing next to the router!

Any ideas guys as this come along all of a sudden and i cant find anything.

Many Thanks

Paul

A:Constantly slow internet speed and dropping of wireless connection.

Hi please close thread as it turned out to be the router at fault and now everything is fine again.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404902/constantly-slow-internet-speed-and-dropping-of-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all I m hoping someone can help me This is my first post I have been fighting my internet speeds for several weeks now and Verizon wireless has not been any help I have a HP Pavillion running XP Media Center I use a wireless usb modem like you would on a laptop only I use it on a desktop so it never moves I have great cellular signal with it but my speeds stink up the place I test at speedtest Solved: speed internet on Verizon connection Slow Wireless net I have Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection run spybot S amp D to try to clean up any spyware didn t find much I have run Windows Definder I have done all the normal disk clean up scan disk ect Here is my HijackThis file Any ideas to try would be extremely Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS Imgtask exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Nova Development Greeting Card Factory Photo Card Maker ReminderApp exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Alltel QuickLink Mobile QuickLink Mobile exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings HP Administrator My Documents HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShi... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

I have set up the card and it searches for the wireless connection with no success

All the settings are to automatic.

Any ideas.

Relevancy 58.48%

hi i have had the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router for a while now and have had a tesco's 2.2mbs connection but i have just upgreaded to a tiscali 8mbs connection, i no i can get the full 8mbs speed through the supplied modem but am just wonederind if the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router's buitl in modem is fast enogh to get the full 8mps or if it wil run slower. would be great to no i was just wondering

A:Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router WHAT IS ITS MAX INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED

There THe belkin modem/gateway shouldnt limit your speed capabilities. You should be able to find the speed listed inside the modem's status page. To do this..
Click start>run>In run type CMD
In the black window type IPCONFIG and then enter. Note down your default gateway.
Open a browser window and enter the gateway's address into it. Click go
This should take you to your gateways graphical user interface.
Look for a status tab or see if it lists connection speeds on the general page.

Also you can test speeds at different sites. Google search broadband speed test and choose 1 of the millions of sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-adsl-modem-with-wireless-g-router-what-is-its-max-internet-connection-speed.509394/
Relevancy 58.48%

I currently have wire networked PC s connected to a wired Netgear DG Router Recently I added a Netgear ME B Access Point to connect to my new IBM Thinkpad T Laptop with Belkin G F F5D7010 Network DG814, ME102, (Speed) Problem. Wireless Connection D PCMCIA card Wireless Network Connection Problem. ME102, DG814, F5D7010 (Speed) installed in it Currently it is without any WEP encryption All systems run XP Pro I can connect to the internet with the setup and it also worked when i tried with Wireless Network Connection Problem. ME102, DG814, F5D7010 (Speed) both and bit wep encryption - but turned it off for testing purposes but when I do connect i am not getting speeds of more than KB s and speeds between networked computers seem to be just as slow I can see both the other PC s in my workgroup computers and can see their shared files but it s just the speed of the whole system is appaling Am I missing something crucial which would explain the speed IP of router IP of wired PC IP of wired PC IP of Access Point IP of Laptop Thankyou for your help in advance Adam nbsp

A:Wireless Network Connection Problem. ME102, DG814, F5D7010 (Speed)

Sorted it.

I bought the access point from france, and so I had to buy a power adapter with a variable voltage setting. These settings were 3v, 4.5v, 6v, 7.5v, and 9v.

4.5v didnt make the access point power up, so i changed it to 6v.

This made it work, but it was at the low speeds that I explained earlier.

I decided to try the french adapter, and used a shaver point plug socket as a makeshift converter.

It works perfectly, and I'm getting a consistant 40kb/s, which is plenty.

Thanks to anyone who researched ths for me, but it's sorted.

Adam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-problem-me102-dg814-f5d7010-speed.451650/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Can someone laptop connection to wireless DSL from has a via wifi web that router existing Send plese help me with this I would like to take Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL and existing web connection thats on a laptop and send it to a new Netgear wireless modem providing an internet connection for devices out of the wifi modem My original connection is from a DSL modem and is connected via wifi to my laptop Here is what i tried so far The router i want to use now is connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable and goes into the Wan port of the router First i simply turned on sharing on my existing wifi connection and the internet icon on the router is green but when i go to status of the router it says no web connection and devices such as an ipod don t receive any internet Next i tried to bridge the connection but that did not work either even though my laptop showed that they were bridged Please help as i have spent hours on this already Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-existing-web-connection-to-a-wireless-router-via-laptop-that-has-wifi-from-dsl.1104218/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an acer aspire 4530 using windows 7 and from a week ago Im having problems with the Atheros AR5B91 Wireles Network Adapter. It detects my network with an average signal, but when I try to connect, an error message is displayed saying that It was unable to connect. I tried almost everything: reinstalled the adapter, updated to the newest driver from: http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=28&system=5
I can connect to the network via ethernet cable; and also I have another laptop and it gets connected to the same network via wifi without problem. Im starting to think it could be a hardware issue, but it that were true I think the computer wouldnt detect the wireless adapter.
If someone could help me I would aprecciate it.
BTW: forgive my english.

A:Wifi connection problem with Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter

First make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-problem-with-atheros-ar5b91-wireless-network-adapter.1052864/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi
We need to calculate network utilization for which we want to get the link speed which is shown in Windows Task Manager. 
We tried getting this value from 
1. new PerformanceCounter("Network Interface", "Current Bandwidth", networkCard);
2.  NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()
     NetworkInterface.Speed;
3.   ManagementObjectSearcher searcher = new
      ManagementObjectSearcher("SELECT Description, Speed FROM Win32_NetworkAdapter" );

ManagementObjectCollection adapterObjects = searcher.Get();

foreach (ManagementObject adapterObject in adapterObjects)
            {
                    var speed = adapterObject["Speed"];
but none of these values match the value shown in Windows Task manager in case of a
Wireless connection adapter.
Any help is appreciated.
Regards
JC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f604fc9d-4bc7-4c89-8a48-9e56f8aaab3b/link-speed-in-task-manager-does-not-match-with-current-bandwidth-perfmon-counter-for-wireless?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 52.03%

So basically - as the subject says - 
Having a brand new Dell XPS 15 9550
with most recent Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac drivers
cmd command "netsh wlan show drivers"
shows that current driver does not support hosted network,
meaning, that i am unable, for example, to share my ethernet internet connection Over wifi to other devices - i am unable to make my laptop a hotspot.
Which is ridiculous in 2016 and for a laptop of this level and is basically a prerequisite to be Windows 10 approved.
So my question is DELL, what the ***? When do we get normal drivers?
Anybody has the same issue - knows the workaround? Thanks.
I could not have expected that 2000$ laptop would not be able to do that. this is soul crushing.

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 - Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac - Hosted network supported : No - cannot share Ethernet connection over WiFi

same here. :( XPS 13 9350..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674915
Relevancy 52.03%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm looking to buying a wireless router. My desktop however will be directly pluged into the router. So will my download speed etc... be faster on the draft N rather then then the G? or will they both be the same exact speed?

A:Wired speed on wireless network G and N...any speed difference?

depends on what models your looking at. If they are both 10/100 then you should get the same wired performance from both animals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-speed-on-wireless-network-g-and-n-any-speed-difference.723209/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.74%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]@[email protected] 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello For the last month I've been having problems with my computer The main symptomsare - internet connection disconnects every - hours sometimes shorter longer - the download rate dropped from to on a regular basis - the computer gets slow sometimes more than usual and acts weird I've checked the matter with the internet cables and the modem providers - everything is fine and I believe that there's a malicious Trojan inside my computer The thing is that I'm quite an expert and I HAVE tried EVERYTHING on my own but NOTHING works I've tried the steps you recommended I've scanned online with every recommended virus Connection Droped Half, Trojan/spyware Speed - By Plus Unknown Disconnects Connection scanner available I got the AVG anti virus amp anti spyware firewall I scanned witheverything possible They all found minor things but nothing serious Spy Catcher was the onethat catched many things actually I've done many scans in either Normal or Safe modes andnow the results are showing that it's all cleaned However - the problem is still there I hope you can help me with the following Hijackthis log Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware file If nothing helps I guess the next step will be probably just to format and reinstall windows something that happens on a rather regular basis on my computer I'd appreciate any useful comment Thanks Liaf HERE'S MY LOG FILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwa datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A C D- CED- A - D-DAE A FD - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ASM quot C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe quot HIDEMAINO - HKLM Run SunServer C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Pr... Read more

A:Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware

Hi again,

Please reply asap, even if you don't know what it is - I need to know if it's something
that can't be fixed so that I'll reinstall windows.
HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75349/connection-speed-droped-by-half-plus-connection-disconnects-unknown-trojanspyware/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 49.02%

Often wondered this? Does the speed you connect at dictate the constant running speed thereafter of surfing the Internet.
I connect @ 44,000 kbytes per second, but sometimes @ 42,000. When I notice the connection @ the latter speed, I often immediately disconnect and reconnect until I see that I have connected @ 44,000kbps.

Is this a pointless action, or does it warrant a beneficial difference to my downloading speeds after ive connected?

A:56k Connection speed & running speed

I would say no, you will not notice a difference, only when downloading a huge file, where it will take 10 minutes less.

So I'd say it's pointless. On paper you're only getting .25kB more throughput, which is negligible. It's at least not worth disconnecting and reconnecting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/56k-connection-speed-running-speed.4340/
Relevancy 48.16%

Our LAN connection runs about mbps down up our WIFI runs about mbps down up Given there s a wall or two between quot the hub Up Way to Any WiFi? the Speed quot It s a steel building there s nobody running off the WIFI except people with cell phones I installed a TS Link WIFI Extender outside the walls in the shop which receives - bars There s manual mills lathes and CNC equipment in the shop as well as a shop computer for clocking in out and a MSC vendor that are LAN connected Pretty much all that connects to the WIFI are cell phones and the shop laptop Is it Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? simply the interference on GHz in the shop Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? that muddles the signal the wall s in between or is there anything I can do to get it up to at least loss in data Here s my Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? setup INTERNET NETGEAR WNR lt LAN gt ---CAT e Crossover--- BUFFALO AC AP lt WIFI gt --- NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt lt --- FIREWALL THAT I D Ced Watchguard Firebox SOHO was getting MBPS LAN with it lt LAN gt NETGEAR -PORT SWITCH lt LAN gt NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt NAS lt ----- Need to access through WIFI The Netgear router doesn t give a constant signal while the Buffalo does I was originally going to reroute the the Buffalo to DMZ THRU on the firewall but the firewall didn t like it I know that firewall is about years outdated I don t intend to use it What I need to know is will it significantly increase WIFI speed to just use the Buffalo without the Netgear there Also what will I need to get ac connection from the Buffalo router Has there been a standard set for it yet I m also open for firewall suggestions that have legit DMZ THRU SonicWall Thanks Blake Rawlston Machinist IT Anarchist Southeastern Tool and Design nbsp

A:Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi?

removed your email, as that's a great way to get on spam lists.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-speed-up-the-wifi.1112377/
Relevancy 48.16%

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection? (Wireless N)
Speed keeps changing.

A:wifi speed

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection?Click to expand...

Determine what is causing the slowness and then rectify the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.827975/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Like a lot of similar threads here I am experiencing slow wifi speed on out of laptops I have a Virginmedia wireless n Superhub UK all in one modem router set at mbps and speed wifi Low my tariff is for mbps download speed laptops experience no problems at all wireless g connects at mbps wireless n connects at mbps another wireless n connects at mbps These connection speeds are consistent and do not fluctuate Low wifi speed All have consistent speedtests of mbps download and mbps upload The remaining laptop has fluctuating connection speeds of anywhere between - mbps and a speedtest of between - mbps This laptop is my wife s work from home machine - Lenovo Thinkpad with an Intel wifi Link agn adapter Office is situated one floor up from the router and phone socket We have a wireless phone jack so no cabling is run directly to the office I thought this may be giving off interference but I disconnected it and still got the same wifi results I have used all working laptops in the office and have experienced no change in connection speeds speedtest so am assuming that the issue is not interference I haven t yet hardwired the laptop or tried to update the driver Just wanted to run this by you first before I make any changes Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I was at the airport other day,waiting for my flight, and i used a WiFi hotspot to access to my blog. I noticed that although the hotspot claimed to run at maximun data rate of 54 Mbps the throughput I achieved was a lot less. can you explain to me why that might be?

can you explain the term 802.11 standard to me ??
thank you.

Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I is speed WiFi very low barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now i have problem with wifi drivers I WiFi speed is very low am using windows ultimate x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped WiFi speed is very low on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp nbsp nbsp No one answered me in my last post so im posting the same question again nbsp nbsp

A:WiFi speed is very low

Hi, There are few posts around. Please use others Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-very-low/td-p/5854571
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,
Have an issue with my internet speed, I am currently subscribed with an ISP for 60Mb/s Connection and I can only get that speed via cable over wifi it goes down to 26Mb/s, after I called my ISP they told me I had to buy some other wifi device that extendes my signal and is able to transmit more then 26MB/s so I bought a NetGear EX6100 Wifi Range Extender and set it up as an access point on the 5GHz channel it is currently connected via cable with the ISP Router but still im only getting 26Mb/s.
Im stuck what did I do wrong ???

A:Wifi Speed

My cable service plan is for 150 Mbps download.

I get 150 - 170 Mbps on ethernet and 30 - 50 Mbps on wireless.

I've tweaked my wireless connection as much as I can and still get the much slower speed.

It's still fast enough for my needs, so I've learned to live with it.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.1149319/
Relevancy 47.73%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 47.73%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 47.73%

hi there people,
I found a piece of infomation on the net some were about how you can see the speed you are conected at i.e 6.1 mb a second,
but when i press on my local area connection tab it only shows the status, duration, sent ,
and recived,
hopefully someone will know what iam mean,
thanks in advance.

A:cant see the connection speed on local area connection tab

here is a free speed tester.

http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-the-connection-speed-on-local-area-connection-tab.631226/
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 47.3%

hi guys, is there a way to increase wifi speed to make i go fast like a cable connection?

any surgestions would be good?

A:is there a way to increase wifi speed?

Hi there

1)Your Router needs to support the new Wireless-N standard up to 600 mbs from the presemt 54 mbs (WIRELESS-G).

2) Your Wireless card need to support it too.

Wireless-N routers are a bit more expensive -- and the problem is that if you are using a Laptop it's not easy to change the wireless chip so you'll have to use an external USB Wireless-N card -- also not cheap.

I don't think there will be too many PUBLIC WI FI places that will have wireless -n system for ages yet so you are stuck with wireless g @ 54 MBS max.

If you are on a shared wireless connection then the number of users will also slow it down -- especially if you have a load of users such as in a Hotel downloading Music / streaming audio into their hotel rooms etc.

Here's a wiki on Wireless-n (do further research as always with wiki).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11n-2009

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57489-there-way-increase-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Had D-link and got sick of the problems. Went with Belkin router and PC Card.
Ran great for a month...............then it all went to hell.
I have a 5 meg cable conx and I lose at least 50-70% of speed with WIFI.

Running XP . Are there any configuration settings I'm missing?
I was letting Belking manage the connection but that was killing my CPU , so I went back to letting Windows run it. Seemed to have helped, but my CPU is still sluggish..........slow opening browsers. Streaming is fine.............conex stable.
Cursor sticky and slow.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, I am using windows 8 in my laptop and Ubuntu in my desktop PC. In the desktop, I used to browse the internet by connecting LAN cable. and using WiFi on my laptop. I am using Acanac's unlimited internet plans in Quebec. The browsing speed is comparatively high in Ubuntu than windows 8. Is there any mechanism to boost the browsing speed in windows 8? I am not very familiar with Ubuntu. Most of the times I use my laptop to browse. If you have any solution, please put it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623669/to-boost-wifi-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINHOME System smss exe C WINHOME system winlogon exe C WINHOME system services exe C WINHOME system lsass exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C WINHOME System svchost exe C WINHOME System wltrysvc exe C WINHOME System bcmwltry exe C WINHOME system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm with WIFI ??? 50% Loss Speed LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINHOME Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINHOME system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? exe C WINHOME system hkcmd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINHOME system THotkey exe C WINHOME 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? system TPSMain exe C WINHOME AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINHOME system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME somebody MOE LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINHOME system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINHOME system THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINHOME system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Belkin Wireless Utility lnk O - Global Startup EZ-DUB Finder lnk C Program Files EZ-DUB EZ-DUB exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http download ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C E - E- D- CF- A F FB NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/50-speed-loss-with-wifi.530879/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ive been getting latency lately while playing wow, due to the addition of another computer using our verizon fiber optic internet. Is there a program out there that could boost my internet speed and possibly help me get more out of a connection that is already pretty fast? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around Mbps I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router I have this setup - Archer T U USB ac drivers updated - USB - Airport Extreme router ac Ghz only - PC is about meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between - All other equipment MacBook iPhone do not have wifi speed issues From the same point as the PC I get much higher speeds Mbps What could be wrong My rig PCPartPicker part list Core i - K GHz Quad-Core GeForce GTX GB - System Build - PCPartPicker CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U P SE CFM CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Z PRO GAMING AURA ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR - Memory Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T U USB a b g n ac Wi-Fi Adapter cheers Tex

A:Poor LAN wifi speed

Originally Posted by TexTwil

Hi,
My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router.

I have this setup
- Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated)
- USB 3
- Airport Extreme router 802.11 ac (5Ghz only)
- PC is about 3 meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between
- All other equipment (MacBook, iPhone) do not have wifi speed issues. From the same point as the PC, I get much higher speeds (500Mbps)

What could be wrong?

cheers,
Tex

adjacent channels ?

The free inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 network analyser will tell you what you need to know about your local network and througput configuration including WIFI overcrowdinng ,overlapping and adjacent channel networks ,other newtorks (neiboors ) but outside of driver ,fiewall ,port configuration or HDWE problems .

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62399-poor-lan-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now is WiFi terrible speed i have problem with wifi drivers I am using windows ultimate WiFi speed is terrible x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed WiFi speed is terrible older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi WiFi speed is terrible is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp

A:WiFi speed is terrible

Hi, Please run a speed test to see what do you get          http://www.speedtest.net/ Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-terrible/td-p/5853015
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi nbsp My notebook has a relatively slow WiFi connection to the wireless router I Searched this forum and found some advice which related to the network adapter settings WiFi Spectre Speed HP I tried this advice and it did not work for me http h www hp com t Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking Wifi-speeds-slow td-p nbsp Data Windows latest updates are installedi - CPU and GB RAMNetwork adapter driver version from May My WiFi Speed was only Mbit Second nbsp The WiFi Speed of my wife with her Lenovo positioned as the same spot is Mbit Sec and my iPhone connects with Mbit Sec nbsp After playing with some parameters I found out that changing the advanced setting of the WiFi adapter to prefer the Ghz channel increased my HP Spectre WiFi Speed speed to Mbit Sec This parameter might help some other people that have this issue but I am still disappointed because my speed is still half the speed of the competition Lenovo has a Broadcom WiFi adapter nbsp Does someone have any solution to this issue nbsp HP Spectre WiFi Speed Thank you nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-WiFi-Speed/td-p/5708847
Relevancy 47.3%

how can i increase or improve the speed of my wifi connection. it seems like everytime i go on the web, it takes quite a while to load the page. just a little bit faster then 56kbps. the wireless router is right in the other room.

when my friend brings his laptop over, it seems as though he gets fast connection eventhough he's downstairs...

wassup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed-increase.215817/
Relevancy 47.3%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently upgraded my VDSL speed to mbps down and mbps up Since the upgrade my speed is only WiFi only Help. half speed. at about half I am reading at about - mbps download I had down and up prior to the upgrade And always got full speed over WiFi I get my full speed over a ethernet cable I have a actiontec V modem router or as Qwest calls it the Q It supports N Its also dual WiFi only half speed. Help. band My laptop wireless card is a Realtek RTL B WiFi only half speed. Help. wireless b g mbps usb network adapter I have tried changing the channel of my router I also tried changing the power level of the radio signal I also updated the driver I changed the channel of my realtek card as well I am stumped I also called my ISP tech support They have no idea whats wrong The person I spoke to thought n was a model number If anyone knows what I can do to fix this it would be much appreciated if you could help nbsp

A:WiFi only half speed. Help.

Welcome to TSG!

Sorry to say that's all you'll get with 802.11 g. The 54Mbits/sec is the maximum physical layer bit rate. Actual throughput will be around 24 Mbits/sec Max.

Only way to "fix" it is to upgrade to 802.11 n.

I have an 802.11 n setup which connects at 130 Mbits/sec, but the Max throughput is around 60-65 Mbits/sec.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-only-half-speed-help.931578/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone We have a Cisco ASA here that provides DHCP and routing to all our devices products) ASA5505 issues - (all & Wireless other wifi Access Wireless Cisco Points in our network We also have a few other switches and wireless access points connected directly to the back of the ASA For the past year all the wireless network signals has been working fine however Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues starting last month none of the wireless access points we have three WRT G would allow proper connection dropping connection slow internet I thought this maybe all THREE wireless access points are toast bricked So i went out and bought brand new Netgear WN and even with the new WAP i m having same connectivity issues Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues really slow internet When hardwired directly to the Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues switches we get BLAZING fast internet amp connectivity no issues I called CISCO TAC and asked them for help and they automatically said quot our ASA is fine it has to be your wireless access points quot not working properly I explained to them that i also purchased two brand new access points and they are doing the samething now how can that be Can you guys assist Thanks nbsp

A:Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-asa5505-wireless-access-points-all-other-wifi-products-wireless-issues.999844/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have halo 2 and a dell 531 inspiron.
Its VERY SLOW and i was told there were speed tweaks you could do to a computer to make it faster so halo 2 could run fast. i have the MINIMUM requirements for this. the bare minimum. Basically i have 2 gb ram
and a pitiful Graphic card. 6150 N vidia Geforce. anyone know how to tweak the speed of this computer?

And also: I have a wifi adapter for my wii/ds/psp and i dont know how to set it up so i can use it. I have the instructions and they confused me i dont know if im supposed to bridge or something. if i bridge though it tells me it cannot find anything that it can connect to. I have dsl (LAC) and a Wifi adapter Usb. can anyone help with one or the other?

A:Halo Not Up to speed. Wifi not working either.

I don't think your graphics card is capable of running Halo 2 properly, even though its an old game its technically flawed and demands the same kind of requirements as quite a lot of games in the past year have. You can try putting the image quality down to minimum, but then it wouldn't be very enjoyable. You could also try downloading the latest Nvidia drivers from their website, if yours are not up to date that could be your problem. However I'm not sure any of them options will grant you much success, if you have PCI-E or AGP slots in your motherboard you can buy Nvidia 6800/7800/8800 cards that will run the game exceptionally well

As for the WIFI problem, I also have a connection that does not seem to work and I think this could be because it recieves data rather than sends it, maybe thats why yours does not work correctly??...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/halo-not-up-to-speed-wifi-not-working-either.95591/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi , i got in my new y700 2.5 mbs download speed..when i check the download speed with my old laptop its approximately 20 mbs.. so please help.. i checked and tried every solution in the net..please if you know the right solution help me..thanks 

A:Y700 slow wifi speed

network adapter : intel ac 3165current driver : 18.40.0.9OS: win 10 - 64bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3343154
Relevancy 46.87%

I purchased this laptop new. Wifi works fine with even 50MB speed.  Videos buffering seamlessly. But if I connect a bluetooth headset or mouse or my phone, Wifi stopped receiving the signal, movies stopped playing and I have to disconnect the bluetooth to get it back. I'm facing this problem from Day-1. I have enabled automatic update in the HP support assistant and all the drivers are upto date. I spent a lot of money to buy this laptop but ended up in frustration with this kind of problem ruining such a high end laptop.

A:Bluetooth reduces WiFi speed

Hi,           Could you try re installing the wireless and the bluetooth driver, please use the links provided below to get the drivers. Wireless : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75249.exeBluetooth: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74988.exe RegardsSatishHewlett PackardClick on " Kudos Star " icon on left hand side if resolved.I am a HP employee, but the comments in this forum is of my own and does not represent HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-reduces-WiFi-speed/td-p/5673404
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Some time ago I noticed that the internet on my laptop HP Z Book 17 G3 is very slow . On a daily basis I use the wifi network in my office . I ran the speed test that showed max . 0,4Mbps !! What's interesting when I connect the laptop to the same router via ethernet cable internet begins to operate at normal speed of about 17Mbps From the moment a problem occurs, I installed the latest drivers ( 19.1.0.4 ) for the wifi card (Dual Band Wireless - AC 8260) and the latest Bios Version (N81 Ver. 01.09)   HelpKrisNext 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Z-Book-17-G3-WiFi-speed-problem/td-p/5742761
Relevancy 46.87%

This forum doesn't seem super active probably Wifi Mbps?! 20 Speed to Limited because of the few Helix owners but I'll post my question anyway hoping someone can confirm nbsp My wifi speed is limited to Mbps nbsp Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?! Whether connecting to the internet or on my intranet nbsp Top of the line ac router few feet away no interferences copying files to or from a PC which is connected to the network by ethernet nbsp I get no more than MB sec nbsp Same location nbsp with a -yr old laptop - MB sec nbsp Reboots driver update etc no difference nbsp Different router and location is the same nbsp The Helix reports the wifi card as a too nbsp nbsp Not n or a n nbsp nbsp Connecting the USB to ethernet lenovo adpater I get MB sec so close to the mbps limit nbsp of the adpater that's normal nbsp Issue well accessing data and for example browsing pic tures on my NAS or another PC is very painful at MB sec nbsp At - MB sec on my laptop it's instantaneous no pb nbsp I'm ok if it's a small cheaper Atom tablet but not so much for a laptop tablet nbsp My basic -yr old laptop does times better nbsp Or is my Helix faulty nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?!

I second that, the Lenovo team should take a closer look at this problem.I'm oscilating around 4MB/s, which is also slower than expected, sometimes even dropping to 2,5.It could be a driver fault, hopefully fixable.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Wifi-Speed-Limited-to-20-Mbps/td-p/1206872