Windows Support Forum

Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750

Q: Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you re supposed to turn Acer / Aspire wireless Can't 5750 adapter network on press with the Function button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750 key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn t have that F wireless button Problem is I can t turn quot on quot the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn t connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check the Device Manager Says it s working normal Without pressing the F button function I can t find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.92%

Hi folks
I've got an Aspire 5750 laptop and am having network problems.
My network is a Workgroup, all machines running flavours of Win7.
FROM the Aspire I can log into the other comps and access the disks on them.
TO the Aspire: in explorer on another machine I can see the symbol and name (ACER-I5) of the Aspire but cannot connect to it.
Network diagnostics states:
------------------------------------
Problems found
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the
device or recsource (ACER-I5) is not responding.
------------------------------------
Any suggestion as to what to look for to solve this would be most welcome as I am somewhat of a network novice.
Regards
Bob

A:Problems with Acer Aspire 5750 network connection

Try removing the Microsoft Virtual Mini Wi-fi Adapter.

As far as I'm aware, it's something Microsoft has introduced for connecting to a wireless hotspot so if you've no need for it just delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217626-problems-acer-aspire-5750-network-connection.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you're supposed to press with the Function button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn't have that F wireless button Problem is I can't turn on the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn't connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check / Acer on adapter Aspi... turn wireless network Can't the Device Manager Says it's working normal Without pressing the F button function I can't find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much

A:Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspi...

Hi,Based on your input, it seems that the Wifi is enabled, to cross check the same you could get to Network & Sharing Centre > Adapter settings,.1; How Far are you from AP?2; Do you see available networks?.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Can-t-turn-on-wireless-network-adapter-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/353634/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 104.92%

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household on turn Aspi... adapter Can't / wireless network Acer work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you're supposed to press with the Function Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspi... button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn't have that F wireless button Problem is I can't turn on the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspi... time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn't connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check the Device Manager Says it's working normal Without pressing the F button function I can't find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much

A:Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspi...

Hi,Based on your input, it seems that the Wifi is enabled, to cross check the same you could get to Network & Sharing Centre > Adapter settings,.1; How Far are you from AP?2; Do you see available networks?.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Can-t-turn-on-wireless-network-adapter-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/353634
Relevancy 89.87%

I've checked out Acer 124 BCCODE on 5750 Aspire the forums fairly throughly but I still am not having any luck nbsp Right now I'm installing the WDK so I can decipher the minidmp so I'll add that shortly nbsp I'm running a Aspire nbsp Windows -bit Intel i M gb Dual Channel DDR Mhz - - - ACER JE HR mobo WD hard drive nbsp I bought it second hand - I'm experienced enough that pulling parts and testing things doesn't bother me but this has me stumped nbsp BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750 When ever I stream video and less often download software it crashes with a BSOD which generally means heat overclocking instability or damaged hardware nbsp The fan wasn't working right - so I thought easy fix - replace the fan clean everything up and redo the thermal paste nbsp Still happened nbsp So now it gets more problematic nbsp Stress tested the GPU with FurMark - mins - no crashes Stress tested the CPU with Prime - mins - no crashes no errors no warnings Temperature never goes above 'Disabled' Turbo by setting the power for the processor to less than nbsp Still happens Chkdsk this is a fresh Windows install with nothing more than Chrome and some windows updates added - hard disk comes back clean instantly I'll be replacing this in the future anyway with a TB M T Samsung Memory test - had an gig sodimm in it to begin with nbsp It was not and only one nbsp This tested out with an error in the first pass nbsp I thought AH HAH got you nbsp So I replaced it with the exact memory this beast calls for Two sodimms - gig each nbsp So that everything is optimal nbsp Did a memtest - all is good nbsp Nope still crashes nbsp So do I try to replace the HD nbsp Or give up and replace the mobo nbsp Or wait til the WDK downloads which caused me to crash a few minutes ago nbsp The fact that it crashes when I'm downloading or streaming makes me think it's the harddrive in spite of it testing clean nbsp Right now I'm unemployed so the unhelpful suggestion of buying a new laptop as the parts I'd need are way less than a new laptop would be isn't needed nbsp

A:BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750

Update: I think it may be the HD. Was running the extended test through WD diagnostic and after 41 mins it crashed with that BSOD.  Near the end of the diagnostic.  Hmmm... Appears a new HD is in order.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/BCCODE-124-on-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/424256/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.44%

As the subject suggests, my wireless adapter has stopped working, it worked fine yesterday, and I haven't used it since.The diagnostic says there might be a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter. Trying these repairs as administrator gives the same message.I have downloaded the WiFi driver through a different pc and after installation nothing has changed.

A:Acer aspire TC-605 wireless adapter broken

Forgot to mention my pc has a qualcomm atheros AR5BWB222.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-aspire-TC-605-wireless-adapter-broken/td-p/418816/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729
Relevancy 89.01%

I only know my laptop can play blue-ray disc movies, but that's it. I don't wanna buy foreign made DVD's just to find out they won't work because my laptop can't play DVD's made of a different system. If someone could help me with this that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  :-)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Is-my-Acer-Aspire-5750-s-DVD-player-PAL-NTSC-TV-system/td-p/462993
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

I put my laptop on sleep mode last night in error - I usually use Hibernate.When I cam eto turn it on this morning then nothing happens.The blue power light is on but the screen is black.I have tried switching off and on again but nothing happens. Also removing the battery.Help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-not-coming-out-of-sleep/td-p/451839
Relevancy 88.58%

I adapter laptop no device wireless Acer aspire was logged onto the internet wirelessly one day and all of a sudden my internet goes out The orange light on the laptop under the wireless button goes off When I pressed it it said no device I have uninstalled the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Acer aspire laptop wireless adapter no device and reinstalled it That didn t work I recovered to a prvious date That worked for about minutes and it did the same thing This happened about a month ago and I have been spending most of my time trying to fix it I Acer aspire laptop wireless adapter no device can t find anything that works I read someone else s post on here about a similar problem still unsure what to do There is an exclamation over Microsoft ISATAP Adapter in the device manager There has beeen something under Network Adapters that started with Atheros but it has disappeared so I can t remember what it was exactly Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Robin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RELaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Robin gt Think you can help me It s an Acer Aspire nbsp

A:Acer aspire laptop wireless adapter no device

sounds like your wireless adapter is not recognised
post back a screen shot from device manager

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This varies on make and model of laptop
It may just be the adapter is not seated correctly - often accessible from one of the panels on the bottom of the laptop - but not always

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wireless-adapter-no-device.965011/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hey
So basically when I plug in an Ethernet cable my wireless adapters and wireless autoconfig services automatically disable, and when I enable them, they disable immediately. I want to use my laptop as a hotspot for my phone but it keeps saying wireless auto config service is not running!

Laptop Acer Aspire V5-573G.
wireless adapter: Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

A:Wireless adapter issues (Acer Aspire V5-573G)

You have to bridge the two connections. You are really better off getting a Hotspot than using your phone as the router. Most phones that can be used as a Hotspot, allow up to five devices to connect to it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60821-wireless-adapter-issues-acer-aspire-v5-573g.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I bought this laptop back in June and started having problems with it in August I called Acer and they are telling me that it is a software issue to pay them to talk me through fixing it The wireless adapter will sometimes disable Acer Aspire Network 7741Z-5731 Adapter itself but when it is working it will find the networks connect and ask for the security phrase When I type in the security phrase it says Windows is unable to connect I have tried two factory restores uninstalled and reinstalled updated the adapter driver which is for the Atheros AR B Wireless network adapter I can connect with no problems using the ethernet hardwired I have tried several of the methods recomended on this Acer Aspire 7741Z-5731 Network Adapter site to fix it and have not had any luck yet I have two other computers connected to this network along with a PS all wirelessly and working great The computer has just had its second factory reset about minutes ago and it still does not work Can someone please help me Let me know if any other information is needed nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 7741Z-5731 Network Adapter

Have you opened up the access door on the bottom and reseated the adapter? Many times, they become loose in the socket and cause similar issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7741z-5731-network-adapter.958383/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am unable to use the scroll on my pad, this is really annoying as i have to use the slide bar at the side of each window.
Can anyone please help, i'm a bit of a novice with computers too.

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Scroll probem with smartpad

Nearly 300 views and no ideas from anyone? Do i need some more info in here or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219806-acer-aspire-5750-scroll-probem-smartpad.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 87.72%

Hi everyone

My laptop Acer aspire 5750 shuts down after few seconds at power on. I have checked the ram, hd, battery, power pack on a similar brand laptop and are all working good.

I removed the fan and heat sinks, cleaned them plus the inside cover. After all this I had every thing back together powered on machine and found fault still persists.

At the moment right now I think I have a faulty mother board caused by a short.

I need assistance if anyone can help me get around fixing this fault.

Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

If you think it's caused by a short, you'd have to remove the board from the shell, lay it on cardboard, and try and power it up that way.

If everything is secured in place, I'd lean towards motherboard failure as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/acer-aspire-5750-shuts-down-after-few-seconds-powering-up-276769/
Relevancy 87.72%

My personal laptop has shut down several times after the power button was pressed. In some cases it powers and and boots up to the windows screen or sometimes halfway to the windows screen and shuts down.

I checked with a similar model laptop and confirmed ram, hd, battery, power pack are all working good.

I stripped laptop and cleaned cooling fan, inside cover and heat sink. I even removed the dvd drive and cpu.

After putting back every thing and retested my the fault still persists.

I am suspecting I may have a faulty mb may be caused by a short somewhere.

I really need assistance here to work around this fault to get the machine working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-shutting-down-after-few-seconds-after-power.1163327/
Relevancy 87.72%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I know nothing about problem name: BlueScreen Acer - 5750 [SOLVED] Aspire event the actual software or hardware of my laptop [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen I just know how to go to different sites Lately my laptop keeps randomly cutting to a blue screen with white text usually occurs without warning but the laptop will restart itself and everything will return to running normally until the next appearance of the blue screen The laptop is just over years old and came installed with Windows OS - Windows x -bit or x I'm don't know what that means The online specs say that it was a -bit What was original installed OS on system I think it was I'm so sorry I was given to laptop as a gift Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It was pre-installed Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU - What does this mean Video Card - What does this mean MotherBoard - What does this mean Power Supply - -cell Lithium-ion battery System Manufacturer - Acer Inc Exact model number - Aspire - G Mnkk S N LXR B SNID I don't know what the last two were but I included them in case they were helpful

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a) bugcheck.

This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.

This is most likely being caused by a problematic and or buggy device driver, so let's go ahead and enable Driver Verifier to get further information:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5750-problem-event-name-bluescreen-720201.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have recently upgraded my Aspire V from Windows to Windows and noticed the problem only after trying to download games from Steam I am having a very slow download speed of around mb s Adapter Aspire V15 Nitro Driver network c... Wireless whereas other laptops around my house are doing around mb s Upon checking the current wireless network adapter under Device Manager it shows that the driver's version is XXXX nbsp nbsp I have tried downloading newer drivers version XXX and above and tried installing them However after installing them the driver version still remains at XXX with the download speed remaining at around mb s nbsp TLDR After updating the Qualcom Atheros currently version X X X to newer versions version and above Aspire V15 Nitro Wireless network Adapter Driver c... it supposedly successfully installs properly BUT on the device manager it is still listed as version nbsp Can anybody Aspire V15 Nitro Wireless network Adapter Driver c... help me with this problem and advice me on how to properly update the driver to the latest version nbsp Edit Just to add on there is no problem with my internet connection I can surf the net and watch youtube videos just fine It's just that the download speed is unusually slow compared to other laptops in my house using the same connection not just on Steam but for downloads in general and the driver is unable to update to new versions

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V15-Nitro-Wireless-network-Adapter-Driver-cannot-upgrade/td-p/442326/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.99%

I have recently upgraded my Aspire V from Windows to Windows and noticed the problem only after trying to download games from Steam I am having a very slow download speed of around mb s whereas other laptops around my house are doing around mb s Upon checking the current wireless network adapter under Device Manager it shows that the driver's version is XXXX nbsp nbsp I have tried downloading newer drivers version XXX and above and tried installing them However after installing them the driver version still remains at XXX with the download speed remaining at around mb s nbsp TLDR After updating the Qualcom Atheros currently version X X X to newer versions version and above it supposedly successfully installs properly BUT on the device manager it is still listed as version nbsp Can anybody help me with this problem and advice me on how to properly update the driver to the latest version nbsp Edit Just to add on there is no problem with Aspire Adapter Wireless Driver V15 c... network Nitro my internet connection I can surf the net and watch youtube videos just fine It's just that the download speed is unusually slow compared to other laptops in my house using the same connection not just on Steam but for downloads in general and the driver is unable to update to new Aspire V15 Nitro Wireless network Adapter Driver c... versions

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V15-Nitro-Wireless-network-Adapter-Driver-cannot-upgrade/td-p/442326
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi nbsp I've got an Acer Aspire S - running Windows bit and I recently updated my wireless network adapter Atheros AR BMD to the latest version as recommended by Acer's website nbsp After updating the driver I can no longer connect to my home wifi nbsp When I try to connect I get the message that no wireless connections are available even though all my other devices can see the wifi network and when I diagnose the problem it says that there might be a problem with the wireless network adapter and that windows couldn't automatically bind the ip stack protocol nbsp I've tried uninstalling the new driver and reinstalling the old one and running a system restore to before installing the new driver both with no luck nbsp When I try to manually configure a wireless connection I get an unexpected error ocurred adapter a... Acer network not working S3-391 wireless message nbsp I have automatic DNS and IP address set and when I look at Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a... my ipconfig Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a... IP DNS DHCP etc all have addresses nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a...

And just by playing around I managed to stumble across a solution.  When I looked up the properties of my wireless network adapter, I disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP and now everything's working great.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-S3-391-wireless-network-adapter-not-working-after-driver/td-p/392274/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.56%

My wireless network adapter is: Qualcomm Athereos QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter Id hardware is: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080411AD&REV_20 Dev:003E Ven:168C Drivers that are shown in acer website are the following. Which one should I choose? Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA222 HAI)10.0.0.31849.2 MB2015/09/07DownloadWireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA344 HAI)12.0.0.10268.4 MB2015/09/04DownloadWireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA344)12.0.0.10268.4 MB2015/07/21DownloadWireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (NFA222)10.0.0.31849.2 MB2015/07/21Download

A:Which wireless network adapter driver for acer VN7...

if you run Acer care center, click on System it will tell you which version is ok.if wifi adapter ends with 222 or 344 choose the correct driver (HAI or not, doesn't matter, drivers are the same)

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Which-wireless-network-adapter-driver-for-acer-VN7-591G-77FH/td-p/423603/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello all I've had this problem on and off for almost a year My Acer laptop will randomly drop the connection to my router modem Often I will be wireless) dropping (Broadcom Acer 5750 browsing on Firefox or another browser when suddenly the page requested will crawl along and a quot page cannot be displayed quot will occur Often if I wait a few minutes shut down the browser or laptop reboot and it's good to go again The odd part is Windows will not always show a bad connection on the wireless icon on the toolbar Sometimes there will be the yellow connection issue but often the connection shows as working fine I have tried many times with a clean install of Windows Home bit clean and up to date drivers from Acer I updated the BIOS a few days ago but the problem remains Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping It is not a major problem but it occurs at least a few times a day I also tried putting linux on the hard drive for a few days no dropped connections but then again it was not tested very much The driver used is Broadcom The actually modem router setup seems to be fine as I never get dropped connections on my Android tablet and devices The wife never complains of problems on her Samsung laptop Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping which is running Windows Stater her Android tablets are good too I am Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping not entirely convinced running Linux resolved the issue as I never fully tested it Possible network adapter dying Would love some suggestions thank you

A:Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping

This type of wireless disconnect problem can be caused by a million different things but the most likely problem is the power saving feature being turned on.

You can turn this off by going into Device Manger and opening up Network Adaptors, right click the wireless adaptor you are using then click on Properties, you will have the option to turn off power saving in the power management tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320843-acer-5750-broadcom-wireless-dropping.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi
I recently bought an acer aspire one netbook with atheros AR5BXB63 but I can't connect to my home wireless network which is WEP.
What should I do?
Regards

Relevancy 82.13%

Hello! I recently bought a new Acer Aspire E5 571G laptop and I've had problems with wireless network from the beginning.It randomly loses connection and sometimes even shows that I'm connected with a good signal but cannot get Internet access.I have the same problem in different networks, so it can't be caused by a router. Moreover, other computers that are connected to same network don't have the problem.1) I have the newest drivers and I've tried reinstalling them.2) The priority of my current wireless network is set to the highest.3) Power options are changed to Maximum Performance.About a week ago troubleshooting said that "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings", so I unchecked every box under LAN settings.Nothing has worked. OS: win8network adapter driver: broadcom 6.30.223.234 

A:Acer Aspire E5 571G wireless network problems

carmentaimre,

Sorry you 're having problems with the system, let's see if we can get it up and running for you. I realize that you said it has wireless problems connecting to any network, but the first troubleshooting step I would suggest would be to restart your router. I didn't see that listed in your steps and would like to troubleshoot it at the home location where it is most likely used the most.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571G-wireless-network-problems/td-p/345231
Relevancy 82.13%

We're having trouble connecting to the internet via a wireless network. I've googled about it and surprisingly many people who bought the same product experienced the same thing. I've gone so far as to reformat and upgrade the OS for this netbook which is Windows 7 Ultimate and re-install some of its crucial drivers. I tried different wireless network drivers for it (Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek) but to no avail. Btw, I installed the drivers for its wireless network one after another without uninstalling the previous when such particular driver won't work, will that affect the system in any way? Also, the main question here is how do I fix the wireless connection for this netbook?

A:Acer Aspire One D255E wireless network problem

Here's what I did.
First, connect your wireless pc to the router with a cable, change the SSID & Password, making sure the encryption type is compatible for your adapter. Power off the pc, power off the router, wait 1 minute and restart it, waiting till all lights show connected then restart your pc, enter new password. Now if it works, old connections can be trashed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188723-acer-aspire-one-d255e-wireless-network-problem.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, my old laptop went down, so I bought a new one, which is Acer Aspire ES1421. I got it without OS as I have my old Windows 7 from previous laptop, however once I installed them, I can't get my Internet to work. Neither wired, nor wireless. The official website provides only the drivers for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I tried them, but they don't work on Windows 7. Is there any place for me to get the ones, which do work on Windows 7? I really don't want to get Windows 8.1 and especially Windows 10, because I really don't like them, and I'd really prefer Windows 7 over them. Even if I'd have to buy another license of Windows 7 for that specific laptop (if for whatever reason I can't share same Windows from my old laptop).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388594-cant-find-wireless-network-drivers-acer-aspire-es1421.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1790 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA MCP79MVL, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228471 MB, Free - 210724 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., F5GL
Antivirus: None
Hi i have a Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter and i turned it off and it wont turn on. i cant seem to find a hardware key on my computer to turn it on and the key combination of Fn + F2 that should turn it on dosent work. i dont know what else to do i have factory restored my computer and i went under device management and updated my drivers via tethering from my phone. i need to be able to get my wifi back if anyone has any ideas please share! Thanks
w746ehj

A:Solved: Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter wont turn on.

you have this as solved - have you found the solution ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-atheros-ar928x-wireless-network-adapter-wont-turn-on.1066626/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello Everyone I am new to this forum I am hoping someone maybe able to help me One Network problem Adapter Aspire with Acer Help with Problem diagnose and fix the problem with this problem I have a problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter The problem is that the netbook will connect to the internet and will Help with problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter Problem have full bars for internet connectivity Then a Help with problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter Problem few minutes later it will just disconnect on it s own Help with problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter Problem I can usually reconnect by going on the Network amp Sharing Center then going into Diagnose problems then clicking on Network Adapter then after it resets it will usually reconnect to the Internet but lately it won t reconnect I then have to restart the netbook The netbook is running Windows Starter and it has Atheros AR BXB Network Adapter My friend who is a computer person searched online to confirm if the drivers were up to date said that was not the problem I would like any advise anyone can give me to see if this netbook can be fixed before I have to buy another Please advise v r Jcrane nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I m hoping for a bit of help and advice on this issue before I go taking anything apart or delving into the insides of my laptop or taking it to a repair shop When I turn the laptop on I get the Acer screen and then the top left quarter of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes see the attachment However when I plug the laptop into my TV screen via HDMI it s absolutely freezing) Acer freezing Aspire (and screen 5750 not fine and starts up no problem Even when I take the cable out once it has started up it works Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) fine on just the laptop screen but it s something about the start-up that makes it freeze I also shut it down unplugged the HDMI and started it up again on just the laptop and it worked fine again so really confused about what is going on Has Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) anyone come across something like this before I ve attached my computer specs below too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-screen-freezing-and-not-freezing.1168938/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello. I've lost the adapter to my Acer Aspire E1-572 and I'm looking to buy a replacement one. How do I go about finding one that is compatible with my series and model number?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/AC-adapter-for-Acer-Aspire-E1-572/td-p/466718
Relevancy 72.67%

Acer Aspire M5200 desktop. Been escalating problems, error messages upon boot over last 2 weeks asking for system restore. Worked fine when running. Will not turn on at all now, lights at bottom on Aspire word but not on power button, ticking about every second starts, sounds like in the disc drive but not sure. Regardless won't boot up and monitor doesn't recognize a device. Tried removing video card and powering, no change. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help

A:Acer aspire won't turn on

Quote:

ticking about every second starts

First remove any CD's from the drive. When you power on the computer, do you get the Acer Logo? If the ticking is coming from the HDD then it has failed. Can you boot into Setup (Bios)? if not, then you may have a failing Power Supply Unit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-wont-turn-on-660919.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Power cable seems fine but monitor won't start, I read there could be a battery resist button but can't find it!Any help or advice much appreciate thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-u5-620-won-t-turn-on/td-p/465230
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a 13 month old Slimline Acer Aspire ax1700. Of Course the Warranty has expired. I just turned it on.
Went to read E-mail. It was on for less than 10 minutes. Display looked fine. Then it shut down. When I put my hand on it to check, the top was very hot. Opened the case . The video Card was what was hot. I think the fan on it could of failed. But after the Computer was cool I plugged it in and I have no power at all. Is it possible that the Over heated video card took out the power supply. And do I have to replace both. I have found another video card online to replace it. But have not seen a Replacement for the Power supply. I

A:Acer Aspire Will not Turn on

At this point, you cannot be sure what it is that has gone bad. It could be the video card, the power supply, the motherboard or both the motherboard and the video card. It is possible an overheated video card went bad, taking the main board with it. One way you could test is to open the computer case and disconnect everything that is disconnectable from the board (except power). Remove video card and other add-in cards; disconnect hard disks, CD/DVD drives, etc. Then see if the computer will power up. If not, you have narrowed the problem to power supply, memory, main board, and processor.

Remove the power supply and take it to a repair shop and have it tested. They will probably do it for free on the prospect of selling one.

As an aside, it seems all expensive, high-end video cards have ten-cent fans. I've actually seen cases where those fans have seized in about a month. In my opinion, all of them should come with two spare fans in the box. They invariably fail and sometimes take the main boards with them. So, for any computer that has a video card requiring a fan to keep it cool, I recommend a secondary fan mounted in the case and pointed directly at the video card's heat-sink.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-will-not-turn-on.911936/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I have an Acer V - laptop bought almost years ago It worked pretty nice until a few months when I started noticing its cooler is a bit noisier than usual I mean as far as I've been using it I've seen stages the first one when the cooler spins slow and the second when it starts spinning really fast Well for the past few months almost every time when I watched a youtube video or something it started the fast spin I didn't gave it too many attention and I started watching the videos low quality And now the real problem nbsp nbsp -Yesterday I don't remember what happened but I had to restart it After that I got an error something like critical process died It Aspire on turn V5-552 Acer won't got stuck there so eventually I restarted it by long-pressing the power button I turned it on again and this time it didn't turn on I got some error notification saying they are collecting data and it will restart afterwards Well after restarting the screen wouldn't turn on It was like the screen was flickering betwen the color it has when it's turned off and the color it has when I turn it on right before the Acer logo appears And it got stuck this way continuos flickering at about one second period In the meantime the cooler was spining at full speed After waiting about minutes I turned it off again long-pressing the power button It turned on I saw the Acer screen and everything but it was the Acer Aspire V5-552 won't turn on same error with the same restart and the same result nbsp I'd also like to add that there were times when I was able to enter Windows normally without any trouble I tryed reinstalling it but it would'n recongnise my USB flash drive It was bootable with Rufus Now the problem is I am stuck with the screen flicker No Acer logo no Windows When I turn it on the cooler runs for a second The screen flikers between the two blacks Then it shuts down due to the heating I think I tryed pressing with a paper clip the reset battery button with the charger dissconected nbsp with no effect at all I don't know what I could possibly do I would send it back to warranty but I can't because last year it felt in his bag and it has something they will surely consider enough mechanical shock to void the warranty I will give it a try anyway but if you could give me an alternative I would be really grateful nbsp The exact model name is nbsp Acer V - - G aii CPU AMD A - MGPU AMD Radeon G GB RAM nbsp Thank you

A:Acer Aspire V5-552 won't turn on

which windows OS version is installed? have you tried to re-seat the ram modules? if you press F2 at boot to enter BIOS, your screen still flickers?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-552-won-t-turn-on/td-p/427734/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, I have an acer aspire laptop that won't turn on. It was working fine unplugged and I went out leaving it on but unplugged to mains power. When I got back I plugged utility in and tried to wake it up. Now I have it plugged in and the power adapter has a green light and the battery light on the laptop is amber. When I press the power button, both these lights go off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried removing all power and holding the power switch for 39-45 seconds. Then plugging back in without battery and turning on- that doesn't work! Please help.

A:Acer Aspire won't turn on...

Did you remove the battery when pressing the power button for 45 seconds?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-wont-turn-on.187626/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi there,I bought this All-in-one on 13/3/2016. I was doing my work and finished printing it yesterday night. I then went to the kitchen, leaving in on for about 10 minutes. When I came back, I found that the computer had shut down and refused to turn on even when I tried pressing the power button several times. I have tried changing power sockets in case the sockets were not working and even though the sockets were working, it still did not power on.I searched your discussion for a solution and tried the "remove power and press power button for 30 seconds solution" and it still will not start at all.Are there any other solutions or must I bring the set down for repair? It is on a 3-year warranty.Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-Z3-715-won-t-turn-on/td-p/461280
Relevancy 72.67%

My Acer Aspire R11 won't load up anything but the Acer logo that appears on the start up screen.I've tried to restore system,but it wont allow me to,says must log into administrator account and seems to be theres no account available. ,I troubleshoot it ,and it says unable to fix the problem. Don't know what I should do. Can anybody help me with this please?

A:My Acer Aspire R11 when I turn it on , won't do an...

The machine should be under warrenty. That said If you do not have media, use the power button to restart your computer during the boot process three times (do not let it get to the end of the boot process) . This should bring up the Windows Recovery Environment.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-Aspire-R11-when-I-turn-it-on-won-t-do-anything-after-the/td-p/433936
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all,My Acer Aspire stop working and won't turn on.I was watching video on it (on battery) when it shut down and now doesn't want to start at all.It does show that it is charging.No blue, orange or green light.Any suggestions?

A:My Acer Aspire e15 won't turn on

Nothing at all shows on the screen? No windows startup sounds? Do you hear fans and drives spin up or LEDs flash (besides the charging LED) when you attempt to start it? If no no and no then it'd be hard to point to a specific fix, especially one that didn't require you to disassemble it. Is it still under warranty?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/my-acer-aspire-e15-wont-turn-on/2152.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My Acer Aspire R11 won't load up anything but the Acer logo that appears on the start up screen.I've tried to restore system,but it wont allow me to,says must log into administrator account and seems to be theres no account available. ,I troubleshoot it ,and it says unable to fix the problem. Don't know what I should do. Can anybody help me with this please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-Aspire-R11-when-I-turn-it-on-won-t-do-anything-after-the/td-p/433936/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%
Relevancy 71.81%

After intalling win 10 my Acer Aspire S7-392 sometimes will not turn off. Especially if my Acer has been on for a while. Also when I close the desktop lid and later open the lid, the computer will not start (black screen). I have to manually turn off by pressing power. Have anyone the same issue on their Acer Aspire S7-392? Please respond if you have a solution...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire s7 392 - power will not turn off

I FINALLY found the solution for the power-off/sleep problem; Go to Control PanelClick on DevicesUnder System Devices  find .....Intel Management Engine Interfaceclick on it, then right click to find propertiesunder Driver it will tell you which version you have.Mine was ver. 11 --- which is the culprit.I choose to roll driver back to 9.5.xxOnce I did that roll back.....I no longer have the shut down issue.Hope that works for you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-s7-392-power-will-not-turn-off/td-p/379719
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey forumers. I am looking for ideas/suggestions or what have ya. My spare laptop, Acer Aspire 5520 was good last night... Now wont turn on!!. Battery is good, Charger is good. All that happens is the power LED turns on 3 sec, off 1 and on for 3 more, then blinks forever... Any techies run into this problem? and if any play WoW that help me, i can tip ya well THX

A:Acer Aspire 5520 won't turn on

Remove the battery and the AC adapter. Press and hold the power button down for around a minute then release the button, and apply the AC adapter and see if the laptop will boot normally

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5520-wont-turn-on.161912/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just puchased Acer Asprire notebookES1-711. I don't know how to get the touch screen to work. Do I search win. 8.1. Can anyone please help, advice know what to do ? Thanks

A:Acer Aspire ES1-711microsoft win 8.1 How to turn o...

Could you please mention the full model number of your laptop? You can also check with the SNID or serial or part  number of your computer to check the datasheet.ES1-711 does not have touchscreen, if the model ends with P it would have touch screen (for example ES1-711P)  Click the Kudos to say ?Thanks? for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-711microsoft-win-8-1-How-to-turn-on-enable/td-p/348623
Relevancy 71.81%

I know this has been posted a lot but mine seems to be a little odder than what has been posted. My laptop just shut off one day and will only turn on when the back/bottom of the laptop is not on, which means my motherboard is completely exposed, once I put the back/bottom back on it will not turn on. I thought it might have been the fan, its not brand new fan and still wont turn on. Any help would be awesome!

A:Acer Aspire laptop won't turn on

This is not an easy one to help with without have the laptop in my own hands. You will most likely find that there is a bad connection somewhere that is being broken when the base is fitted. Have a good look at all the ribbon cable connections as one has probably worked loose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-turn-on.167549/
Relevancy 71.81%

I know my Aspire won't laptop on Acer turn first mistake was purchasing an Acer Lesson learned Now this morning I turned on the laptop forgot about it and went out for a couple hours When I got home it was in the BIOS set up I had a hard time exiting It wouldn t let me just exit In case my kids touched anything I set the Bios back to previous setting and then it let me exit Now it won t turn on The battery is charged The power light comes on the disc drives does it s thing for a second and the fan kicks in but that s all The fan Acer Aspire laptop won't turn on goes off and all is quiet with power light still on This has happened before but not for a long time and after trying to turn it on a couple of times it would I ve tried pulling the battery and power cord holding the power button for a minute and even pressing the power button for a minute then replacing battery and power cord but still nothing The model is an Acer Aspire Z- Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire laptop won't turn on

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-turn-on.188383/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi All,

I have an Acer Aspire 5715Z and when i press the power on button, it will turn the fan on, and seem to start booting up, but then nothing and turns off.

There is nothing on the screen at all, infact I dont think the screen even lights up (and yes, I have checked for writing with a torch to make sure its not just the screen or video driver that has gone).

The only light i get is the little power LED, no hard drive light or anything else and then it turns straight off.

Any ideas how to fix this or what part i need to get to repair the problem please?

Thanks

Emma

A:Acer Aspire 5715Z won't turn on

I think there may be some hardware issues; but from the info you have given us I am unable to guess what it may be; I'll advise you to take it to Acer if its still under warranty.

You can also try to see whether pressing ALT+F10 does anything (i doubt ACER recovery will work according the above info, but what the hell .. give it a try).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5715z-wont-turn-on.141932/
Relevancy 71.81%

I was watching a film on my Acer Aspire z when it suddenly shut down The screen blacked out but the sound and lights on the buttons stayed for - seconds before Acer Aspire on 5738z won't turn My everything shut down I tried turning it back on and it started the lights came on and I heard that thumping startsound but nothing showed on the My Acer Aspire 5738z won't turn on screen and after seconds it shut My Acer Aspire 5738z won't turn on down again I ve tried again several times and I have taken out the battery and put it back in I checked that the charger was plugged in and it was but it s still the same I have experienced some trouble with charging lately and I suspect that the charger cable is the problem The computer is about years old and the battery does not hold power for very long so when it s on it s always plugged in and the cable sometimes stops charging if I move the computer The warranty is out so I can t send it in My question is Can something else be the problem or will buying a new charging cable and a battery fix it Also would you recomend buying a brand new computer instead of cable and battery Is there a possibility that the charging problems are inside the computer or is it usually the cable that break It seems to me that the problem is in the part that goes inside the computer or inside the computer itself rather than the cable Red is where I m used to cable issues occuring green is where it seems to be now That s just what I think it can be in the cable too for all I know Thank you in advance I hope I added sufficient data if not I ll add what you need Some things are hard to find when I can t turn it on though nbsp

A:My Acer Aspire 5738z won't turn on

they can be a problem , i have had to replace three so far in the family , on toshiba and acer

do you have a volt meter at all ?
then you could check the output and wiggle the wires and see if it changes or stops working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-acer-aspire-5738z-wont-turn-on.1064905/
Relevancy 71.81%

I bought my acer aspire one back in March of 2009. A couple days ago, the adapter started to go out on me, and when i move the cord a certain way, it disconnects and goes to battery. If i move it again, it works again.

Considering that i unplug and replug in the laptop at least once every day, is this the average life of the cord or is there something wrong with the cord itself?

Relevancy 71.38%
A:I have a Acer Aspire 5810tz Laptop when I turn it ...

Check on BIOS if HDD password is set as frozen. http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen which windows OS version is installed on your laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-5810tz-Laptop-when-I-turn-it-on-it-says-No/td-p/426661/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.38%

Last night I put my Acer Aspire 4810TZ to hibernate and today, approx. 10 hours later, I tried to turn it on and nothing happens. When the charger is plugged in the charging light turns on to indicate it is charging (orange) but other than that it is completely unresponsive.I have tried removing the battery and plugging it into the power source like that and still nothing happens.I read somewhere that hibernation mode can cause prolonged periods of unresponsiveness in Acer Aspires and that it should be disabled but I couldn't find any information on how to get it to turn on.Any and all help will be appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire 4810TZ won't turn on after hibernation

Unplug and remove the battery. Hold down the start button for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-4810TZ-won-t-turn-on-after-hibernation/td-p/428093/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi! I have an ACER Aspire 3050 for some reason will not turn on. No lights, no fan, absolutaly nothing will happen. The laptop isn't actually mine, its a friends. I shake it from side to side a little and I can hear a tinking sound like something is loose. I'm going to try and open it up to see if this is the case but if its not, is there any other reason why it just randomly won't turn on anymore?

Thanks for any help!

A:Acer Aspire 3050 laptop will not turn on

I think it's best we wait for your reply to what's loose inside!

Make sure battery and power adaptor out
And also hold down the ON button (to disperse all internal voltage)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-3050-laptop-will-not-turn-on.106043/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all nbsp I went to turn on my laptop this morning Acer Aspire E - and found I got jigger all from all attempts to do so I'm not quite sure what has caused it to change overnight it was working fine yesterday but I'm really starting to worry about it I'm Acer E1-572 all) desp... Aspire on (at turn Unable to not that good with technical computer things anyway and would really rather not have to take it anywhere to be looked at as I've got a thing about handing over a Acer Aspire E1-572 Unable to turn on (at all) desp... computer that has access to Acer Aspire E1-572 Unable to turn on (at all) desp... my confidential things like emails social media account banking details but equally I cannot just let the computer sit unfixed when I need access to it for college work extremely baaaad timing for a final year degree student and due to being busy it's been a while since I've backed up some fairly valued files like my Acer Aspire E1-572 Unable to turn on (at all) desp... photos and work documents which I'm now lamenting a potential loss of nbsp nbsp To describe the issue I've summarised a few of the key problems and would appreciate nbsp any nbsp help or advice as this is really concerning me now nbsp - The laptop is plugged in and showing a single blue light when connected to the mains as per usual I have tried using multiple plug sockets to be certain it wasn't that all with no success - When pressing the on button I get absolutely no on-screen response and get about seconds of a second little blue light before that too blinks out The fan is not activated and there is no audible reaction to the power button being pressed no beep whirring or the light changing colour as it normally does - I have removed the battery left it out for a little while and replaced it I'm not tech savvy so unsure what if anything this would do to benefit my computer but it has been suggested for others reporting similar problems to no avail on my part Others have also suggested holding the power button for anywhere from - seconds - this gets me nowhere with or without the battery nbsp nbsp Other information - As of lately it has been considerably slow when doing updates sometimes seeming to get absolutely nowhere at all On occasion I've had to turn it off mid-update in order to restart and do some quite important work that I couldn't put off for hours on end Other than that there has been no noticeable effect on laptop performance such as lagging response excessive noise or overheating nbsp - Overnight I had left in a multi-charger USB which I don't usually do although it wasn't connected to anything I usually use one single adapted to charge my graphics tablet pen nbsp - There was a disk in the disk drive also normal for me but I have since manually removed it - My computer usage is very simple limited to photoshop and college work or the odd game no exciting fancy stuff that might cause it to suddenly have a computer stroke and kick the bucket - It's only years old runs really nicely of the time since a few drivers were updated internet related last year nbsp Is there anything I could be looking at specifically such as a kaput internal problem motherboard or virus all recent scans have been fine and I've a very dull and predictable internet browsing repertoir so introducing any new sites isn't really something I would consider to be pertinent at the present moment nbsp nbsp Any advice tips likely course of action I could take to get it fixed would all be greatly appreciated If it's a technical issue requiring parts or god forbid replacement I'll be understandably devestated not least of all working on a student's budget but for the sake of my computer and files I'll be willing to do what needs to be done if push comes to shove nbsp Ps if at all possible when using particularly tech lingo if there's a stupid person translation I would be most grateful I've got the basics down but by no means do I understand the internal workings of a computer nbsp Than... Read more

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E1-572-Unable-to-turn-on-at-all-despite-being/td-p/433475/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.38%

My sister quot inherited quot a used Acer Aspire z from a friend of hers It was not at all well maintained so I decided the best thing to do would be to wipe it clean and install Windows XP I had a copy of XP already I had a few hang ups finding drivers but after some work I got everything functioning correctly When on, not turn Aspire will in Acer when 5610z plugged even I Acer Aspire 5610z will not turn on, even when plugged in finally got it working the battery would not hold a charge for more than about ten minutes it worked fine while plugged in but once unplugged the battery drained quickly I charged it for an entire night after I finished the downgrade and it still would not hold a charge so I m assuming the battery is shot And now today the laptop will not turn on at all even when plugged into a power source It worked fine as recently as last night but now the power indicator comes on for about a second and then turns back off A few things I m pretty sure the previous owner of this laptop did not maintain it very well at all and hardly ever used it so the battery was hardly ever charged I don t know if this makes a difference When he gave it to her he did not have the original charger so I had to buy one online The power supply I bought gets very hot when it s connected Again I don t know if this makes a difference but I found it odd I read somewhere that I should remove the battery and the power supply hold the power button for seconds re-insert the main power power on the computer and insert the battery I followed those steps but they did not work I suspect the battery is just shot But before I go and drop on a new battery I would like to make sure there is nothing else I can do I apologize for the lengthy post but I wanted to be as thorough as possible Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5610z will not turn on, even when plugged in

I would agree its a battery problem too.

Double check your power supply voltages and laptop power socket for damage, Other than that. New battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5610z-will-not-turn-on-even-when-plugged-in.165458/
Relevancy 71.38%

my acer aspire e15 didnt turn on when push power button.I push it so many time but still blank.it happen when I was trying to replace the hard disc to the old one.then accidently push the power button.at first it show on the screen to boot up.then it turn blank..when I turn it on again.there are no light coming from the l.e.d and the screen are blank.I try to replace it again with the original but still the same.please help.message edited by mcleon

A:my acer aspire e15 laptop didn't turn on.

Try recovery with Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/4HXqQKS.jpgHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/my-acer-aspire-e15-laptop-didnt-turn-on/1729.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello Acer forum nbsp I have looked all over the web and can find no trace of anyone having a similar issue nbsp One day I noticed that my R nbsp R - T- V was not posting opened at the hinge power light R Acer turn... 13 Aspire post (fan/indicator does not and fan came on but that was it but after turning it off by holding the power buttond down and then back on again it finally posted nbsp Used it without issue until the next day when I had the same problem but this time nothing I did could get it to work nbsp I looked under the cover and the fan light were coming on whenever the power was turned on but that was it Nothing else would happen although it would make a beeping noise when the power cable was connected Acer Aspire R 13 does not post (fan/indicator turn... nbsp After a while it stopped making that noise too nbsp As it was out of warranty I sent it to Canada Computers who could Acer Aspire R 13 does not post (fan/indicator turn... not figure it out and had to sent it to their chip specialist apparently the Acer Aspire R 13 does not post (fan/indicator turn... BIOS is corrupted but since it cannot be turned on there is no way to install a new BIOS nbsp They are telling me that a new motherboard is needed but are not sure whether they can source one nbsp I just wanted to check whether that was indeed the only solution and whether anyone else had experienced this same problem nbsp Thanks for your time Nathaniel

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-13-does-not-post-fan-indicator-turns-on-BIOS/td-p/454677
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi having a problem running my Laptop on battery power nbsp When the machine is connected to the mains the battery is charging and says battery turn on... Won't v3-571g, with Aspire on Acer charged When I disconnect the mains the laptop immediately turns off and doesn t swap to battery mode nbsp When trying to turn the laptop on with just battery power the laptop does not turn on However I can hear a high pitch noise every time the power button is pressed in this situation nbsp I have attempted this with three different batteries nbsp At the moment I have my machine dissembled trying Acer Aspire v3-571g, Won't turn on with battery on... to work out if Acer Aspire v3-571g, Won't turn on with battery on... there a short from one of the circuits that connect to the battery nbsp If anyone has had this problem or knows anyone or anywhere to fix it please advise me nbsp Also if anyone knows where or if there are any circuit layout diagrams of the motherboard that will also be a great help as I can see if any of the components are shorted or burnt out nbsp ThanksMcMillan

A:Acer Aspire v3-571g, Won't turn on with battery on...

Hello, A stupid question:Have you performed a power reset?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-v3-571g-Won-t-turn-on-with-battery-only-Turns-off/td-p/424147/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.38%

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, I'm new. I have an Acer Aspire 7736Z-4088 laptop. I do not remember the year it was purchased, but it has been a few years. This laptop and I have a love-hate relationship with each other. The laptop has sat idle for months because it stopped charging and I could no longer turn it on because the battery was dead. It has stopped charing before and I left it for months until it randomly decided to start charging again. Before it stopped charging the most recent time, the laptop would only charge if the charging cable was in a certain position. The charger I am using is a Targus charger. When plugged into an outlet, the charger light turns on, however when plugged into the laptop, nothing. Is my laptop battery completely useless and needs to be replaced? Or is it something to do with the charger or charging pin?

A:Acer Aspire laptop will not charge or turn on

Hello, First I would slightly straighten the contact springs of the DC-IN connector (inside).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-laptop-will-not-charge-or-turn-on/td-p/424511/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I am hoping someone here can help me. I have been using my Acer Aspire Z5600's ethernet connection to access the internet, until last night when my power tripped out. When it came back, I could only connect to the internet via the wireless adapter. Looking in device manager, there is no sign of any Ethernet adapter. I've managed to download what I think is the most up to date updater, but running it shows no drivers need to be updated. Has anyone heard of this problem before, and if so how did you reinstate the ethernet adapter, please? Thanks, Clive

A:Acer Aspire Z5600 LAN adapter suddenly disappeared

Device manager, click on View, show hidden devices, click on your network adapters and see if there's any sign of ethernet adapter.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-Z5600-LAN-adapter-suddenly-disappeared/td-p/415466/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.52%

Please help me. Im really in trouble if I can't fix this problem.My laptop acer aspire one d257 won't turn on. The power button is functioning, the lights at the bottom are functioning. But nothing is appearing on the screen. Please give ideas to solve this problem. Thanks for who helps.

A:Laptop acer aspire one D257 wont turn on. Help!

http://lowendguru.com/2010/02/how-to-fix-the-acer-aspire-one-black-screen/

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Laptop-acer-aspire-one-D257-wont-turn-on-Help/td-p/443923
Relevancy 70.52%

It worked won't - 5515 Acer Laptop turn on Solved: Aspire fine this morning I usually close the laptop screen it goes into hibernation then when I open it again it comes back to where I left it I placed it into my laptop bag for Solved: Laptop won't turn on - Acer Aspire 5515 a carryon and flew to the other end of the country today Opened the laptop and it wouldn t power on It had a flashing amber light indicating hibernation Per a friend s advice I took out the battery and left it be for an hour I put the battery back in and hooked up the power supply but still doesn t turn on The light now is a continuous green Went online and tried to find a solution One was to remove the battery and power supply press power switch for about seconds and then try to power the laptop just using the power supply and no battery installed This still didn t work for me I then placed the battery back in and it still doesn t power up PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop won't turn on - Acer Aspire 5515

With the battery out and the laptop plugged in, how long are you holding down the power button? It may take several seconds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-turn-on-acer-aspire-5515.1047184/
Relevancy 70.52%

Yesterday when i tried turing my S7 on it would not turn on. The power led kept blinking. so I connected it to ac thinking it ran out of battery but the result was same.after reading some post online i reseted the battery, it did turn on. I quickly took backup of my work since it could happen again. And today it turned out i was right. things i tried so far:resetting battery from backside.removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secfn+f12. not working as soon as switch is pressed it starts blinkgread some post on flashing bios coundn't find the proper way for s7-392 so tried the one for s7-391. donwloaded bios. extracted it. copied to pendrive. held fn+esc then turn it on. didnt work as soon as power button is pressed led keeps blinking    

A:Acer Aspire S7-392 wont turn on blinking power led

Hello, removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secIs the RTC battery? If no, I would try this:Remove the lower case (bottom)Disconnect the RTC battery for few secondReconnect it and try again

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-wont-turn-on-blinking-power-led/td-p/434769/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.52%

My Uncle bought an Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-591G-792U. He sent it to me in the Philippines. It is brand new, I got it from March. Windows 10 was installed and was updating like normal. I used it for about only 2 months before like a few days ago where it turned off by itself and now it won't turn on. I started up the laptop, everything was normal and I opened up Google Chrome. I was browsing Facebook and it turned off by itself, there's no lights on the side even if it was plugged in. I tried disconnecting and connecting the battery, holding the power button, holding the battery reset button, holding them both, and it does nothing. Anyone has a solution for this? Sometime this month, we will be going to the US amd my uncle will probably have to replace or fix it since he still has warranty. Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-won-t-turn-on/td-p/437001/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.52%

Please help me. Im really in trouble if I can't fix this problem.My laptop acer aspire one d257 won't turn on. The power button is functioning, the lights at the bottom are functioning. But nothing is appearing on the screen. Please give ideas to solve this problem. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Laptop-acer-aspire-wont-turn-on-Its-charging-lights-below-are-on/td-p/443900/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.52%

Please help me. Im really in trouble if I can't fix this problem.My laptop acer aspire one d257 won't turn on. The power button is functioning, the lights at the bottom are functioning. But nothing is appearing on the screen. Please give ideas to solve this problem. Thanks for who helps.

A:Laptop acer aspire one D257 wont turn on. Help!

http://lowendguru.com/2010/02/how-to-fix-the-acer-aspire-one-black-screen/

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Laptop-acer-aspire-one-D257-wont-turn-on-Help/td-p/443923/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.52%

hi good day everyone, im having a problem with this switch 10 laptop it wont turn on, after i install some driver of board.. isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated.. after the installation it won't turn on any more.. but there a charging indication... please help me i want to retrieve those data. and is there any way to retrive those data, because when in open the unit, i found out that there is no hdd on it, i'll guess some sort of embedded memory on it is using.. please help me..

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 SHUTS DOWN and WONT TURN ON

>>> i install some driver of board>>> What driver? What board? >>>isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated>>> Bios firmware isn't automatically updated? Did you try to update the bios firmware? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-SHUTS-DOWN-and-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/445004
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I unplugged my computer a couple of weeks ago and returned today to turn it back on, unfortunately getting no response at all. Ive tried a different power cable and a different outlet. I've followed directions given to somebody else on here, unplugging....holding power button for 40 seconds....plugging back in and trying to power on, with no luck. The computer is about 3 years old. Is there any advice you can give me?
Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-x-3950-desktop-wont-turn-on.1154673/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an acer aspire 3500 we've had it for quite a few years but its always worked fine. As I was downloading some things of iTunes I left my laptop on on the floor all night and then all the next day. As my laptop is old it needs to be plugged in all the time when it's on because the battery won't work. While I was on it it just turned off and now it won't turn back on the charger has a green light on showing that's working but when plugged in the laptop has no lights on. Please help? Do you think it may of overheated???

A:[SOLVED] Laptop won't turn on (acer aspire 3500)

That is possible, and especially if you set it on a carpeted floor. That overheating generally would cause it to go into shutdown though, and not ruin it.

But if it's quite a few years old, as you say, then it's quite possible that any overheating you might have had could have caused a component to fail. In cases like yours, usually I'd ask if you could remove power, remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then plug it back into power and try it.

And, of course, the power brick itself could have gone south...even with a green light on so if you have a meter, measure the voltage output of the brick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-laptop-wont-turn-on-acer-aspire-3500-a-681159.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Yesterday when i tried turing my S7 on it would not turn on. The power led kept blinking. so I connected it to ac thinking it ran out of battery but the result was same.after reading some post online i reseted the battery, it did turn on. I quickly took backup of my work since it could happen again. And today it turned out i was right. things i tried so far:resetting battery from backside.removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secfn+f12. not working as soon as switch is pressed it starts blinkgread some post on flashing bios coundn't find the proper way for s7-392 so tried the one for s7-391. donwloaded bios. extracted it. copied to pendrive. held fn+esc then turn it on. didnt work as soon as power button is pressed led keeps blinking    

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire S7-392 wont turn on blinking power led

tried it didnt work. I have decided that its about time i put it into trash. The thing has been in and out of repair shop over 2 years. I have never had laptop that broke so easily without fault from user. Did you know First time i bought this with in 3 weeks speakers stopped working. than after 2 months whenever i turn it on it does disk check up. and into 6 months the whole thing died. it was under warranty so sent it to acer repair shop. got it back every thing worked at first. but in first week speaker stopped working again along with 1 usb port. within the 2 years i had this already spent enough for a new ultrabook. Even though my friends said acer is not a good, the thing looked so nice, so bought it anyway. I learned my lesson will never buy an acer product. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-wont-turn-on-blinking-power-led/td-p/434769
Relevancy 70.52%

hi good day everyone, im having a problem with this switch 10 laptop it wont turn on, after i install some driver of board.. isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated.. after the installation it won't turn on any more.. but there a charging indication... please help me i want to retrieve those data. and is there any way to retrive those data, because when in open the unit, i found out that there is no hdd on it, i'll guess some sort of embedded memory on it is using.. please help me..

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 SHUTS DOWN and WONT TURN ON

>>> i install some driver of board>>> What driver? What board? >>>isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated>>> Bios firmware isn't automatically updated? Did you try to update the bios firmware? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-SHUTS-DOWN-and-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/445004/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.66%

basically i turn on my acer computer and i get this blue screen it tells me to disable or remove any newly installed hardware and to presss f8 to go into safe mode to do so. so i press f8 and nothing happens pls help i didnt know what section to put this in soooo soz if it is wrong section

A:acer aspire x3200 comes up with blue screen wont turn on pls help

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-x3200-comes-up-with-blue-screen-wont-turn-on-pls-help.909710/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi Unknown Soldier here. My real name is Harris, im from Singapore and im currently facing this issue regarding the fact that whenever i start my Acer Aspire Z5610 touch screen computer, the screen always turns black, and thus not allowing the computer to respond or start up. Though it works sometimes and i get to use it quite often by restarting it many times, the same problem randomly strikes back and i have to go through the same old frustration of restarting it many times to get it to work properly. The computer does not work now so i really need some suggestions to get it to function normally other than send it for repair which would waste a lot of money and time. My problem definitely has got nothing to do with whatsoever video or graphics card issue. Click on the attachment below to see the computer that i use. Thank you

A:Whenever I turn on My Acer Aspire Z5610, the screen always turns black

oh c'mon no replies??? Nobody helping??? i need it fixed so plz help me !!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whenever-i-turn-on-my-acer-aspire-z5610-the-screen-always-turns-black.158764/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I have an Acer Aspire X desktop I am running Win and have tried two different wifi adapters and they install but they will not connect It is almost as if my computer itself is blocking the adapter I spoke to an Desktop, Aspire to X3950 W7 Acer unable Adapter connect WiFi On Networks rep for over two hours and he tried everything from reinstalling to rebooting and tried three different drivers He was from a different country and when I told him what the troubleshooter said he would not deviate from the script they give them hours and he was not even close It saw the device but it wouldn t even blink Acers website nor customer service will Acer Aspire X3950 Desktop, W7 unable to connect WiFi Adapter assist me because my warranty is expired They want me to send the computer back but I have a feeling it is an easy fix I just don t know enough about computers to say oh just uncheckmark this box I know in the past I used wifi but switched to an ethernet cable I don t have the option to use an ethernet cable at this time Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Acer Aspire X3950 Desktop, W7 unable to connect WiFi Adapter

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Install one of the adapters, make sure you have the latest driver from the adapter manufacturer's web site, and ...

What exactly happens when you try to connect?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-x3950-desktop-w7-unable-to-connect-wifi-adapter.1094290/
Relevancy 69.23%

Nowadays wireless router is a basic device at home because wireless access point AP is required Sometime a wireless repeater is also needed in a big house especially that with a big yard Actually without wireless router only a Windows laptop can be turned into a WiFi hotpot or a wireless repeater Many Wireless with Laptop Wireless Windows Adapter One Turn into Repeater 7 discussions can be found Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter online regarding how to turn Windows laptop into a WiFi AP or virtual WIFI hotpot however the internet surfing is based on a local area connection If wanna extend a WIFI signal to an enhanced new wireless AP generally two wireless adapters are considered Here differently with only one wireless adapter but without rd-party software we can setup a wireless repeater in a Windows Home Basic or Home Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter Premium laptop with only one wireless adapter This can boost the wireless signal to smartphones tablet computers or other wireless devices Also the mobility and flexibility allow extending the signal to a yard or a garage conveniently as you want It is known that a virtual wireless adapter can be created with a third party software or only Windows built-in commands But in Windows Home Basic or Home Premium usually the virtual wireless adapter cannot be created or a hosted network cannot be started I found a specific approach to clear the issues We can follow the steps successful setup in my two Windows Home laptops Click Start point to All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator A virtual wireless adapter can be created by command of netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid sameabcd key where sameabcd is your new ssid of the virtual AP key is the password for virtual AP If the virutal adapter named 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' cannot be created we have a specific method here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Local Area Connection to Wireless Network Connection see Fig again run the command above usually the virtual wireless adapter can be created If not update the driver of the wireless adapter If no again it means the wireless adapter does not support hosted network When the 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' is created delete the bridge immediately Fig Start hosted network by netsh wlan start hostednetwork If the hosted network cannot be started similarly we still have a specific approach here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Wireless Network Connection to Wireless Network Connection as shown in Fig run the above command again usually the hosted network can be started Then delete the bridge immediately and run the command again Go to Control Panel gt Network and Sharing Center gt Change adapter settings Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select Properties Go to the Sharing tab and check quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot Then at the quot Select a private network connection quot drop down menu select Wireless Network Connection and click the OK button Searching the new created wireless signal you can now get your smartphone tablet computer or any wireless device connected to the new WiFi AP If do not need wireless repeater just stop it by netsh wlan stop hostednetwork to stop the wireless hosted network This method is free and no any rd-party software is required After you set up the hosted network for the first time you can just start or stop it by running following two batch files as administrator start bat netsh wlan start hostednetwork stop bat netsh wlan stop hostednetwork Or only one batch file as attached start-stop zip

A:Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter

This method is available for starting soft AP of Windows 7 Home Premium laptop when set up repeater, some third party softwares or methods can create soft AP for Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254729-turn-windows-7-laptop-into-wireless-repeater-one-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have had this computer just over a month. I put it in sleep mode yesterday. When I got up this morning, the screen stayed black and the power button was lit. When I held the power button down to try to force the computer to shut off, it would not shut off.
I use mozilla firefox when I am on the internet.

A:Acer Aspire 5251-1513 Win7 Blank Screen and Won't Turn Off

Remove the battery and unplug it from the wall.

Then put the cord and battery back in and try to boot.
What happens then?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5251-1513-win7-blank-screen-and-wont-turn-off-516923.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

On a new Acer Aspire E-15 which had Windows 8.1 pre-installed. I reformatted hard drive and installed Windows 7 Pro x64. Installation did not show any errors during/after install but when I attempt to go to Control Panel - Network & Sharing and try to setup a new wireless connection I receive a message stating no network adapter found.

I assume that a driver needs to be installed but how to do that if I can't get connectivity? Where should I look for an appropriate driver?

Thanks, Tom

Acer Aspire E-15
1 TB RAM
Intel N3530 CPU
Intel HD graphics

A:Aspire E-15 indicates no wireless adapter found

Hi Tom ... Where you ale to Install any Drivers from the Acer Website ? ... What is the exact Model Number of your Laptop ?

Is your Function Keys working ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/364492-aspire-e-15-indicates-no-wireless-adapter-found.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I've been having problems with my wireless adapter on my viao VGN-SZ320P. After I start up, I discover I do not have an internet connection. When I right click over the connectin icon in the task bar on the lower right, I see selections for the wireless adapter as on or off. Its off. I check mark it for on, but nothing happens. The computer has a manual switch and I turn this off and on as well. Still nothing. The only thing that seems to work is when I turn the comptur off and back on with the wireless switch off. After start, I move the switch to on and it comes on. Worked the last two times anyway. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I just installed windows XP on my daughters Acer Aspire One (Model ZG5) as it had linux but all her friends ran windows. Windows in stall but there are no network or wireless drivers.

It ran wireless fine under linux (had a little switch on the front to put it on) but now nothing.

Has anyone any ideas what i need to do to get it running wirelessly and linked up to my router.

thanks,

Stuart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-no-wireless.157603/
Relevancy 67.08%

my mom's aspire one apparently suddenly stopped connecting wirelessly. there isn't a wireless connection option available to turn on in the network folder. only a wired option, which due to not being plugged in is not available. i don't know what she may have done to it, but i restored to factory settings and i still am getting nothing. not sure what to do, tried updating the driver through the acer website with a usb, and the wireless switch is on.. any suggestions? any help would be much appreciated.

A:acer aspire 1 - no wireless??

Welcome to TSF,

I have moved your Thread from Microsoft Support to Networking to better assist you.

Please start here and provide us some information.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ts-573730.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/acer-aspire-1-no-wireless-638785.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,After a long fought battle with being unable to reboot, it turned out that the Intel Ultimate-N 6300 was not a compatible card for the Acer Aspire E5-551G model I have. So, replacing the stock Atheros AR956x card resolved that, and after ensuring drivers are up to date and even applying the newly released Bios upgrade which was aimed at fixing connectivity with the Atheros cards shipped with these models, I'm still finding my connection is fickle and frequently plagued with latency spikes. Which while web browsing is only a minor irritation while attempting to play any game online where latency can be problematic it's horrid. So, I'm looking to again open this up and swap the card out for a better quality (preferably not an Atheros card as they do not even officially supply drivers for their cards to end users). My question is, what are some known compatible cards (internal) for this laptop?

A:aspire e5-551g replaceing wireless adapter

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter  (AR9462) This models works without problems, if you find replacement even after the last update BIOS, beauty is a little bit slower ))

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/aspire-e5-551g-replaceing-wireless-adapter/td-p/416719/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 66.22%

HelloI have very wired issue  my laptop freeze randomly .I just browse in the net or write something etc and the laptop freeze.Do you have any idea from where to start or how to fix that issue.I am on winodws 10 64bit

A:Aspire 5750 window 10 issue

Is this temporarily or do you have to reboot ? If you get the spinning circle and it comes back after a while that is different from a solid freeze. Are you using McAfee ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-window-10-issue/td-p/419008/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.