Windows Support Forum

wifi unable to connect (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Q: wifi unable to connect (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

hello techguy..im new here and i have a problem ..im,a novice technician,my problem is i format my netbook samsung n102sp/n100sp..i succesfully format it and install os w7..my problem is device missing ethernet and network adapter ..i already dl realtek pcie family comtroller..and i wasnt able to connect wifi..i already switch on the wifi switch in the fn keys to on..and idont have ip address..local area conn./realtek pcie fam controller is unplugged..please help me tech guy..reply me asap..

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wifi unable to connect (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: wifi unable to connect (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

the pcie family controller is the wired network, not the wifi. you need to download the wofi drivers, install them and you should be good. the easiest way to do this is to hook up to the router with a cable, then download it. there are four available on the download page that said wifi, try them all to see which one works. i found them here: http://www.samsung.com/ph/support/model/NP-N102S-B04PH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1149059/
Relevancy 85.25%

i have a dell latitude cpx and it shows my wifi signal but wont connect and says is unable to connect to the suggested network or something of that nature can someone please help me

Relevancy 107.93%

Hello,

I really need help since I'm not computer savy. Yesterday, I stupidly decided to disconnect my modem and router because all the wires were a mess!! Well, now I'm not sure if I reconnected correctly, but I guess I did since I can get online but have no wifi. My router password is working, however, when I entered all the wireless/security stuff on the Linksys site it just keeps bringing back to the basic set up page . I hsve no idea what is wrong. Any ideas? My router is a Linksys N300.

Thanks so much! I spent about 8 hours yesterday trying to fix this. Losing my mind!

A:Router won't connect, no wifi (moved from Windows 8 forum)

Might help to give us the actual model number of your Linksys router. The N300 refers to a type, not a model number. Wouldn't hurt to tell us the brand and model number of the modem.

Please tell us exactly how you have the computer, router and modem wired to each other, by referring to how the ports are named and labeled.

When you say, "I can get online but have no wifi", do you mean you your computer can get to the Internet only with a wired connection?

When you say the, "Linksys site", do you mean the web based administration pages on your Linksys router?

When you were changing the wireless and security settings, did you need to click a button the settings pages to actually save the settings.

Does your router show up in the list available WiFi connections on the Windows network connection list?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-wont-connect-no-wifi-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1169942/
Relevancy 100.62%

I am currently connected to my Acer netbook via hardwire, I am usually wireless or wifi. For some reason after not being on this laptop for some time due to a charging and battery problem I can no longer connect to my wifi. Can someone please help me and advice me what I can try? I have installed new drivers .

A:Can't Connect to my Wifi (moved from XP forum)

Which Acer model do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wifi-moved-from-xp-forum.1112509/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a Gateway laptop model NE R u with Windows I ve had it a little over a year and it has worked fine up until the last few months First it started taking a while to acknowledge a wifi signal when I would turn my computer on Where it was instant before it was now taking anywhere from seconds to minutes It did this for about the last months Now it will completely drop my 8 Windows forum) Wifi keeps Laptop (Moved from dropping wifi connection at random It happens every day and anywhere from every minutes to hours sometimes I m sure its not a problem with my router or anything to do with my internet service because it happens at my work as well I have signals close enough there to show up in my networks and when it drops it it won t recognize any of them I have to restart it each time for it to connect again All of the settings in my network adapter are as they have always been Laptop keeps dropping Wifi (Moved from Windows 8 forum) and I checked to see if the drivers may need updated but I have the latest version Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

this is a old gateway laptop that I am trying to connect wirelessly to the internet, it has a intel (R)pro/wireless lan adapter but I have a realtek wireless lan and it will not take the new one. can you help me

A:connect wirelessly to internet (Moved from Windows XP forum)

What do you mean by "will not take"?

What model is the Realtek?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-wirelessly-to-internet-moved-from-windows-xp-forum.1135726/
Relevancy 82.56%

Itunes will not install correctly
I have tried to install itunes without success.This problem as existed for a while.Ive tried;
Uninstalling/reinstalling (Several times)
Tried repair in the control panel
Tried the windows fix it tool
Tried downloading Quicktime 1st then Itunes 2nd.
I get 2 error messages when it attempts install listed below, The first one is
Ituneshelper was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error7
and the other one
Ituneshelper was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes.
Error 7(Windows error 126)
When I open the desktop icon I get the error message
The program cant start because ApplePushService.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling to fix this problem
Tried downloading Quicktime 1st then Itunes 2nd.Got same error messages and then when i clicked desktop icon
This program cant start because AVFFoundationCF.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
Chris

A:Solved: Unable to install Latest Itunes version (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-install-latest-itunes-version-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1137469/
Relevancy 76.54%

Dear Johnwill or anyone The last advice from you was to follow the HJT log Step Process I did follow the steps sites some on log (Moved unable from to forum) networking here are the results I spent quite a considerable in the first step as to read rather long instructions there I downloaded and installed Spywareblaster spywareguard IE spyad enoughisenough the last two are needed for securing IE I followed the second step of performing online scan but at the end when the scanner informs me that my PC is infected with spywares I couldn't establish connection as the scan process took ages to finish and I lost internet connection as this is my problem can't stay idle for a long time for the connection can be gone As a result I couldn't save the report I tried booting in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING this time it can't even unable to log on some sites (Moved from networking forum) connect to this website or pandasecurity com After shutting down for minutes I tried logging in again on pandasecurity for online scanning I was in but it took such a very long time to perform the scanning hour scanning still go through 'Scanning processes in memory ' So I stopped trying then Step is just fine I already updated my Windows with any updates available from microsoft except for SP as I read that you need a disinfected PC before installing the SP I did the scanning with dss and here is the log Hope that you could do something to work this out as my PC starts behaving like the previous condition start leading to www com org net and so on after a reboot everything is ok then after minutes online it starts losing connection Here is the link to the previous thread in networking http www techsupportforum com f es- html One more now every time I start my PC there is a pop up 'explorer exe application error' window saying x d reference at x d The memory could not be quot read quot

A:unable to log on some sites (Moved from networking forum)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIFI

Dear Johnwill (or anyone),

The last advice from you was to follow the HJT log 5 Step Process; I did follow the steps, here are the results:

1. I spent quite a considerable time in the first step as to read rather long instructions there. I downloaded and installed Spywareblaster, spywareguard, IE_spyad, enoughisenough (the last two are needed for securing IE).

2. I followed the second step of performing online scan, but at the end, when the scanner informs me that my PC is infected with 6 spywares, I couldn't establish connection (as the scan process took ages to finish, and I lost internet connection, as this is my problem: can't stay idle for a long time for the connection can be gone). As a result, I couldn't save the report.
I tried booting in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING, this time it can't even connect to this website or pandasecurity.com
After shutting down for 30 minutes, I tried logging in again on pandasecurity for online scanning, I was in, but it took such a very long time to perform the scanning (1 hour scanning, still go through 'Scanning processes in memory...') So I stopped trying then.

3. Step 3 is just fine.

4. I already updated my Windows with any updates available from microsoft (except for SP2, as I read, that you need a disinfected PC before installing the SP2)

5. I did the scanning with dss, and here is the log.

Hope that you could do something to work this out...as my PC starts behaving like the previous condition (start leading to www.....com.org ... .net....and so on; after a reboot, everything is ok, then after 10 minutes online, it starts losing connection)

Here is the link to the previous thread in networking:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f31/...es-180971.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-log-on-some-sites-moved-from-networking-forum-182076.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello, I'm having some wifi issues. In the past few weeks I've only been able to use the internet on my laptop when connected via ethernet, despite having used the same wireless, router, laptop, etc perfectly fine for years!

When I first start up my laptop, I can see the list of my available connections. I press connect for my usual home router and then it will say "Windows was unable to connect to blahblahblah". And then the list will have a red cross and claim no connections are available. 

If I press troubleshoot problem, Windows Network Diagnostics says to "investigate router or access point issues", which involves turning the device off (done this several times). When I select "check to see if problem is fixed", it thinks for a bit then says "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue".

Please can you help?  

A:Windows unable to connect to Wifi

Welcome to BC. !

Have you Reset the router ?....this usually involves inserting the end of a paperclip into a tiny hole located on the router itself......google the name of the router and it will show you where that hole is.
The word Reset should be written directly above/beside the hole.

To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582941/windows-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 73.1%

PLEASE TELL ME THE HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM   " WINDOWS UNABLE TO CONNECT WIFI" IN hP15 R062TU NOTEBOOK PC INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT OS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WINDOWS-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT-WIFI/td-p/5703974
Relevancy 73.1%

In my laptop, whenever i try to connect to my wifi connection, it doesn't shows it. While on all the other devices wifi is working perfectly fine.

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved I also searched on this forum but still Wifi, connect windows 10 public to to Unable nothing useful found If I missed the right topic I'm sorry I'll provide to erase this asap My problem is that I'm not able to access internet in every public free wifi connection that requires no password No problem at all when I access to a protect wifi everything runs as is supposed to be But when I try to connect to open wifi I have no internet connection So yes I can see Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 the name of the public wifi connect to it but still have no internet while people around me have no problem it says no interne open It doesn't even appear the pop up page to accept the conditions I've tried disable the firewall the antivirus and many extensions that I thought could interfere with it as AdBlock I have other extension as WOT Lastpass ProxFlow and Mailtrack But on Chrome so I thought there should be no problem for Internet Eplorer Thanks in advance and let me know if i should tell sometime more about my pc please try not to be too technic I use my laptop a lot but I'm no expert

A:Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Try to Reset your WiFi : Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset. You will lose all the Passwords and Config. Windows will reboot ,but it waits 5 min. to do it.
Try to Reset Firewall: Control Panel>Firewall>Restore Defaults . There is also an Option "Troubleshoot my Network"
Try the Troubleshooter: Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All>Internet Connection

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66670-unable-connect-public-wifi-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello, I have lost my wifi access via wifi. 
I am using my own router and all other devices are working fine.
It is picking it up, showing 5 bars and saying it is connected and I have internet access, but will not go onto any Internet pages.. Chrome
says DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET. 
When I ran troubleshooting on the wifi connection the the problem found was ' the remote device or resource won't accept the connection'. 
Please can someone help?
Thanks in advance, Jan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7bf25c80-386a-4557-b8e0-58784f7eec88/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-windows-81?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi team I have the on unable Wif connect to Tablet is available to Wifi is but Windows 10 user recently bought a new Tablet with Windows installed but unable to connect to wifi Description User has bought a new Sony Tablet with Windows installed Whenhe Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif search for a wifi he could see SSID available on Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif his machine and Signalstrength is good However when He clicks quot Connect quot The tablet willkeep being disconnected from the Wifi Network When other users who are on Tablet HP Desktop Laptop are able toconnect to Wifi Network with no issue When his machine is on the other location Airport MCDonald working fine Troubleshooting the troubleshooting that I have done are - Restart the device - Reinstall Old New Version of Wifi Drivers on the tablet - Disabled Firewall on Tablet Access Point - Disabled Password on Access Point - Restart the access point - Set the MAC Address to allow the tablet access to Wifi on AccessPoint - Set the IP Reservation for this Tablet - Set the Wireless LAN on Tablet to b n g None of the troubleshooting Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif above work for me Can you please advise

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32177-wifi-available-but-windows-10-tablet-unable-connect-wif.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Just completed upgrade to windows 8 from 7 but am unable to connect to my wifi. Have iPad and MacBook that are still connected fine but my pc can now no longer find any wifi networks. If I select change pc settings I have no networking options available. If I access the desktop, control panel and network connections nothing I do will allow it to connect to a network. HELP!!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17111-unable-connect-wifi-following-windows-7-8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 71.38%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 70.95%

Woke up today and can't connect to any of two routers we have in the building. Still, every room- and home-mate using wi-fi as always - like I'm only one who got problem.
I'm pretty sure noone changed router settings, nor I installed something bad either.
I'm running Windows 7 on my Asus-P53S laptop with build-in Atheros AR9002WB adapter.

Can anyone help me? I've got less then 12 hours to finish my online project, really don't wanna miss it

A:Solved: From this morning - Windows was unable to connect to (My wifi network name)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-from-this-morning-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-my-wifi-network-name.1141424/
Relevancy 69.23%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a HP -r wm - -inch Notebook PC - Intel Pentium N GB DDR L SDRAM GB HDD Windows WiFi SuperMulti DVD Burner HD Webcam I realize that it would say connected but I connect - internet to Unable from W8 moved to would be unable to browse after a restart though I m usually able to browse Now it wont connect to the internet via wifi or Ethernet cord Why I ran windows troubleshooter and it said there was a problem but it did not tell me the exact problem It gave suggestions as to what it might be I tried everyone except Unable to connect to internet - moved from W8 to replace the physical card here is the info for my system There is now a yellow triangle on the wifi bar but everything else in the home has an internet connection I thought it was a device limitation but I disconnected every device and it still wont go to the internet Its a Bit system Also I went to the device drivers It says it is working fine for the network adapters Of course I cant update or look for updates because I cant connect your help is appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet - moved from W8

i have removed all your underlines - made it difficult to read
Also moved to networking forum

lets see an ipconfig /all and a device manager screen shot please

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
​For Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm
​Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + &... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-moved-from-w8.1146721/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have just purchased a second hand gaming desktop computer, after i got it home and looked i could not find how to connect it via WI-FI so i has resorted to Ethernet cable. i rang the person i bought it off and they assure me it has wireless but in resseting it they may have deleted the wireless driver ?

NO IDEA WHAT TO DO AND I AM GOING INSANE..

Please help

A:Please help me! (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

howdy and welcome. As we have zero idea what you are looking at, can you give us the make/model of the rig please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1156953/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Rigel has been trying to help me identify. from Infected, Forum. to Infected unable Moved but has Infected, unable to identify. Moved from Infected Forum. now suggested I post here instead Unfortunately he was unable to help me http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-please-help Log created by WinPatrol version Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP Home Edition Service Pack Build MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows System taskeng exeC Windows System dwm exeC Windows explorer exeC PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS DEFENDER MSASCui exeC PROGRAM FILES SIS VGA UTILITIES SiSTray exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC PROGRAM FILES SPARE MESSAGING MESSAGINGAPP EXEC Windows V Mon exeC PROGRAM FILES BILLP STUDIOS WINPATROL WINPATROL EXEC PROGRAM FILES Java jre bin jusched exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC PROGRAM FILES Creative SHARED FILES CTSched exeC Windows System wbem unsecapp exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER wmpnscfg exeC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER ieuser exeC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER iexplore exeC Windows System Macromed Flash FLASHUTIL F EXEC PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER msnmsgr exeC PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS LIVE Contacts wlcomm exeC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES Adobe Updater ADOBEUPDATER EXEC PROGRAM FILES BILLP STUDIOS WINPATROL WINPATROLEX EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www thetechguys com welcomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SiSTray ProgramFiles SiS VGA Utilities SiSTray exeO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run Skytel Skytel exeO - HKLM Run SpareMessaging C Program Files Spare Messaging MessagingApp exeO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run V Mon exe C Windows V Mon exeO - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run UpdateP GShortCut C Program Files CyberLink Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe C Program Files CyberLink Power Go update SOFTWARE CyberLink Power Go O - HKCU Run Reminder MUI C Applications OEM Reminder Reminder MUI exeO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exeO - HKCU Run CreativeTaskScheduler C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTSched exe logonO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Options group - O - DPF D ED D- C - B- AE- D FDC FB ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan cabs as stubie cabO - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http gfx hotmail com mail w pr resou NPUplden-gb cabO - DPF DEC- B D- AB -A AD- B D B OnlineScanner Control - http www eset eu buxus docs OnlineScanner cabO - DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D Java Plug-in - http java sun com update jinstall- indows-i cabO - DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA Java Plug-in - http java sun com update jinstall- indows-i cabO - DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA Java Plug-in - http java sun com update jinstall- indows-i cabO - DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA Java Plug-in - http java sun com update jinstall- indows-i cabO - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shoc ash swflash cabO - DPF E ... Read more

A:Infected, unable to identify. Moved from Infected Forum.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227738/infected-unable-to-identify-moved-from-infected-forum/
Relevancy 67.08%

When you add a google account and save it if you have more then one account Example gmail account [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] and others accounts can you put em alphabetical order in the box ?

Relevancy 67.08%

I loaded Office 2007 on my daughters NEW Dell laptop. Word, sometimes, has a problem. It locks up for not particular reason and never at the same place. Is there a configuration problem or it it not compatible to Win 8?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-7-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1123638/
Relevancy 67.08%

Had 1gb ram Increaded to 4 by placing in 3 new 1gb ram sticks Computor would only start in Safe Mode Removed two sticks and it is now operating Can I put the other two sticks in What am I doing wrong

A:RAM Increase (moved from Windows XP forum)

Assuming your computer is a factory-brand one, what is its brand name and model name and model number?

If it's a non-factory brand computer and is a custom-made/home-made one, what is the brand name and model number of the motherboard?

What is the description of those new 1 GB RAM modules?

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-increase-moved-from-windows-xp-forum.1108787/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have 8GB of RAM in my Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 (Socket M2) motherboard in 4 slots of 2GB each.

I would like to increase this to a total of 16GB and I read somewhere that it was necessary to replace the RAM in pairs.

So what would you advise as the best way to increase the RAM to 16GB - start afresh with 4x4GB (to use all the slots) or buy 2x8GB, only using 2 slots.

Your advice is most welcome. Many thanks.

Relevancy 67.08%

I am having a lot of issues with Incredimail especially sending - I keep getting this message
550 5.5.1 Protocol error
Can anyone help me Please ?

A:Incredimail (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

What operating system are you using? (Windows XP, Vista, 7,8.0, 8.1, 10 etc)
Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
When did the problem start?
Have you previously been able to send email without issues?
Did you update the software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incredimail-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1167350/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am not sure if this is were i should post this
i am looking to buy a new antivirus program it will be for windows 7 and i like to be able to put it on my 4 systems
any advise in what you fellow would recommend
thanks

Relevancy 67.08%

I see references by helpers to run this program and would like to know if it is something I should have on my desktop should it be run as part of computer maintenance and if so, how often. Thank you.

A:TFC by Old timer (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

It is a temp file cleaner. You can use it OR use something like Ccleaner [which is what I use]
As for how often to run, that depends on how much you use the system AND how much time you spend online. Once a week should be fine however if you are online a LOT, run it more often.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tfc-by-old-timer-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1160436/
Relevancy 67.08%

I was running backup4all but it was idle when I left my pc for an hour or so. When I came back the following was on my screen
"vscsrv2008x64.exe has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available."
I did a search for it on google & it seems to be related to backup programs but i cant determine if it is serious.
Any help appreciated.

A:What is vscsrv2008x64.exe (moved from Windows 8 forum)

The file is related to the back up program you mentioned. The program is not free. Did you purchase it or download the free trial? If the latter then it's possible the trial has expired and you have to decide if you want to purchase it or uninstall it.

If you purchased it, perhaps some security software is interfering.

Have you ever run it successfully?

What security software are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-vscsrv2008x64-exe-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1119143/
Relevancy 67.08%

I m in Engineering and have Excel HELP forum) the Windows (Moved 7 from created an excel spreadsheet that shows information of someone that will be checking out an AutoCAD Manual Drawing There are two columns P Excel HELP (Moved from the Windows 7 forum) - quot Date CHECKED-OUT quot and Q - quot Drawing Due Date quot the P column I tried creating a formula that shows today s date IF B lt gt quot quot TODAY quot quot However this formula isn t doing what I d like If information was saved for yesterday I d like that date to stay the same Excel HELP (Moved from the Windows 7 forum) rather than update Excel HELP (Moved from the Windows 7 forum) each day The formula is doing it s function properly but I need to find a formula that will keep the P column on the specific date it was entered and not change the next day The Q column is doing it s function and just providing a date days from P that one was pretty simple But I m coming across issues with P and would love some assistance as the end users are using the copy amp paste function to enter data and the P column is automatically entered with a date That date should stay the same from when the end user used the copy amp paste function nbsp

A:Excel HELP (Moved from the Windows 7 forum)

Business Applications
Use this forum for Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, and similar programs.
http://forums.techguy.org/16-business-applications/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-help-moved-from-the-windows-7-forum.1149378/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi
I have some tv shows and movies that I have purchased from the iTunes Store. But can not get them to play I just get a black blank screen. can anyone please tell me how to fix this ? Thank you

A:iTunes help (Moved from Windows 10 forum)

In order to watch tv shows & movies from itunes on your computer you must have quicktime installed. If you don't have it you can download it from here. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
If you don't have the newest version of quicktime i suggest you upgrade to the newest version then try watching one of your shows again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-help-moved-from-windows-10-forum.1161008/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everybody I m going through my options of adding a second hard drive I have a Gigabyte GA-Z -DS H Motherboard Windows Professional- bit My quot main quot drive is a WD ABYX Gb forum) Drives Windows the from 7 SSD (Moved Western Digital HD I m thinking about the option of an SSD I noticed on my MB there is a connector for a SSD drive It s labeled quot mSATA quot I did a little research on this Is it still possible to buy an mSATA drive I did some checking and SSD Drives (Moved from the Windows 7 forum) some of the prices on quot SSD Drives (Moved from the Windows 7 forum) regular quot SSDs aren t that bad some around I d post a pic of this connector but between the size of the photo file and being able to attach photos in this forum I don t think it s possible I know this much with a quot regular quot SSD I d probably have to get an adapter so I could use one of the bays in my tower Even if it s NOT possible to be able to find an mSATA it s not the end of the world garystan nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

GpgEX
I was looking at Encryption for my email, but unfortunately downloaded this pain that I can't get rid of.

Does anyone know how to get rid of GpgEX?

Relevancy 67.08%

This may be the wrong place to ask this. I apologize before hand. Does anyone know anything about WinPatrol? It was suggested to me to use by a Microsoft Tech and I downloaded it, but I'm not sure when I bootup computer and sign in, there is a drop down menu. Im not sure I understand it. Can someone advise? Thanks.

Relevancy 67.08%

While trying type in google search this pops up in search box sunbeam mixer bread attachments can not get rid -i clear out start type again same thing -i had to go to yahoo to do a search--crazy i have 2 laptops same problem and message--almost makes me think Google been hacked--any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1153600/
Relevancy 67.08%

I was working on something very important on WordPad and saved it often. I saved it as the document like normal and shut down my computer. When I went back on, only part of the document was there. Part of it was wiped, or something like that. This is the second time it has happened. I'm not sure if it's wordpad or my computer. When I look back, the size is still 87 KB as it was before. Is there any way I can recover the missing parts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rtf-recovery-moved-from-the-windows-xp-forum.1085089/
Relevancy 67.08%

every time i turn on my laptop.... ' %hs is missing'
what should i do....can anybody help me to fix this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hs-is-missing-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1139344/
Relevancy 67.08%

Please, why do I have to update my Intel Graphics Driver everyday to get the cooling fan to work?
Toshiba Satellite P-70-A Win 8.1
It shows - C:\Users\Betty\AppData\Local\Temp\23.43.45.TC00576000C.b
Does this mean at shut down it is deleted? Won't allow me to change destination.
Have spent days trying to find a solution. Cheers.

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a home built I7-920 with Gigabyte ex-58-ud3r motherboard. I have a built in card reader. Lately when I put in an SD card it tells me it will run faster on USB 2. It is supposed to be USB 2. How can I determine why it is doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-question-moved-from-windows-xp-forum.1153630/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I m trying to create a VPN but I m having a lot of trouble I ll tell you what I ve done so far First I went to Network Connections File Incoming New Connection Selected my account quot Through Internet quot and Allow Access Then I went to my reuter s Thomson TG n webpage Games and Application Sharing Assign and assigned the PTPP server to my PC I used the IPv IP ticked the log box and clicked Add Then I went back to my computer to Network and Sharing Center and Configure New Connection or Network or Trouble VPN forum) 8 from (Moved Windows something like that my PC is not in English Then I selected Connect to local workplace then Through Internet or VPN or something like that it s the st option then I put my PC s IPv the same one I assigned the VPN Trouble (Moved from Windows 8 forum) PPTP server to Then I went to the connections and connected to the VPN using my account Username and Password Then VPN Trouble (Moved from Windows 8 forum) the problems started First after connecting the Ethernet connection would become quot Limited quot and the connection would fail After some investigation I went to the VPN s properties IPv Advanced and unchecked quot Use preset gateway on remote connection and did the same for IPv Then I could connect to the VPN I m not sure if it worked or not but my Internet became slower I m not sure if it worked because when I tried to connect my android phone to the VPN it didn t On my phone I went to quot Add new VPN quot then I put a random name in type I selected PPTP and in server address I put my PC s IPv In Username and Password I put the same I put when trying to connect to the VPN on my PC Then I went on some more research and I read somewhere that L TP works better for Andoid phones so I went and changed the VPN type to L TP on my PC Error happened I turned off my anti-virus Kaspersky Pure my Firewall and my reuter s Firewall off but it still happened Then I went back to the reuter s webpage and created a new game or application selected PTPP and manualy entered the ports I used port Then I assigned it to the computer after unassigning the first VPN and went through the whole thing all over again Still error Turned off anti-virus and etc still error Set Google Chrome as trusted application still error To sum up I m trying to create a VPN that works both on my PC and Android Phone Can anyone help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-trouble-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1123129/
Relevancy 66.22%

how can I stop the pop up from coming up every few minutes-it keeps showing new net work found-I'm not interested in that pop up-please help-thanks-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-network-found-moved-from-windows-10-forum.1160742/
Relevancy 66.22%

I wasn't showing any networks and tried this in the run box ipconfig /all space before forward slash

A:networking problem (Moved from the Windows 8 forum)

I started your own thread for you here, as your post did not seem to be helping the thread in which you posted.

You need to describe whatever problem or question you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-problem-moved-from-the-windows-8-forum.1147700/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everybody :
I was doing some research online, and I came across the term 'Sandbox Attack'. I an everyday scenario, a sandbox is something that "contains" something....correct ? How does a 'Sandbox Attack' work ?
garystan

A:Sandbox Attack (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Is this what your looking for? http://cocland.com/tricks-and-tips/xmodgames-best-tool-for-clash-of-clans

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandbox-attack-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1153648/
Relevancy 66.22%

It goes to 174 % to print. I want it at 78.4 percent? How do i do this?

A:Adobe reader (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

How far Adobe Reader is zoomed in when you view it does not have an effect on how it prints.

Before printing, select Print Preview to see how the document will look before printing. If you need to adjust the document there are options to do so when you select File > Print.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-reader-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1150578/
Relevancy 66.22%

Is there a patch available that will allow Windows 95 to see USB ports? Thank you!

A:{Moved from NT/2000 Forum} - USB under Windows 95- is there a patch?

Greetings

You may have more luck posting this question to the Win95 Hardware forum. I will move the thread there.

Good Luck

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-from-nt-2000-forum-usb-under-windows-95-is-there-a-patch.33021/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to fix a Toshiba satellite windows 8.1 laptop. When I click on the internet explorer icon, the browser opens up and it states: The proxy server isn't responding. I ran the a vast antivirus and it is up to date. Also it wont let me open up goggle chrome either. The Norton internet security needs to be renewed but I don't know if that would solve the problem by renewing Norton? Please help. Thanks

Relevancy 66.22%

I downloaded the program but had not installed installed it yet, it was still in my downloads folder and last night I was running my clean up programs and when I ran MBAM it flagged Imgburn as a PUP, wasn't sure what to do so I let it remove it. I've read on here that many people use this program so I am confused as to why malwarebytes would flag it.

Relevancy 66.22%

Here is a good one on me. When I log on the first page I see is this one..
http://go.microsoft.com(null).. It says this page can not be displayed but if I click past that page everything is normal.. It goes to my home page and all is well.. I can't make heads or tails out of what I see on line about Null.. Any idea's on what I can do about this? The page is only up for 3 seconds.. Thanks for anything you can do for me..

Relevancy 66.22%

I'm looking for the filenames needed to boot.
I have a Acer aspire 5742 i5 windows 7 Microsoft home premium 2010.
I'm hoping to delete everything but boot files & windows.
I seem to have a virus that is no longer a virus but become part of the sys. At 1stage it allowed me to do a sys restore
But keep all the files n dir it had (over 30000). I'm trying to boot without including them but unfortunately I have no idea
What's suppose to start n what's not (@ the moment everything is in start up) they will not let Me back up or do much of anything. I don't have installation disks. And they partitioned my HD then took away c: d: n left me with x:

Relevancy 66.22%

I hope this is the correct forum as it is Regarding Windows8 Administration

I have two NICs, 192.168.56.0/24 and my wifi NIC 192.168.1.0/24. Can I route between these two NICs to be able to ping from my Physical HOST to any host on 192.168.56.0/24 while using VMs?

I know there are many other ways but I need that way because I run IOU integrate it with GNS3-Remote server and I want to capture traffic and send it to my Desktop. Also, I know I can use UNL but for now I need to have a route between these two NICs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-between-nics-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1163506/
Relevancy 66.22%

Can you tell me how it differs from internet usage in the states to foreign countries(South Africa) I have a service now that claims I use over 1G a day...this last month I was charged for over 50G. I use FB and yahoo email. I do play slots/bingo online...can that increase the usage to this high extremes. We have no other options here but feel that something is calculated differently than services in the states. We do not dl movies but on rare occasion use our roku. I am not tech savy..know enough to use it!

A:bandwidth usage (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

I'm in UK

how many devices do you have connected
you should be able to log into your broadband account and see you usage - usually listed daily (although a few days behind)

what do you do with the Roku?

Slots and Bingo online will be using bandwidth , as will most things you do online, just how much will depend on what you use.
50GB is quite a lot

think about all the things you use
there are quite a few online broadband calculators to work out your usage

I use them a lot to check peoples usage , and if they need unlimited or can use a 10,20,40GB service which are the common amounts in UK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-usage-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1144212/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hidy ho all

On my phone so I'll be brief. My laptop isn't getting an IP address from my router. But 5 other devices are. I tried to reinstall my nic, tried rebooting a few times, tried rebooting my router. I also tried running an SFC scan.

The scan got 45% of the way done, then I got an odd error. Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.

not sure what to male of this error, and not sure where to go from here.

A:Laptop not getting an IP address (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

Have you tried opening admin cmd prompt and doing

Ipconfig /release

Ipconfig/renew

Ipconfig/flushdns

With enter key following each command

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-getting-an-ip-address-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1165295/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello all,

I'm having the error: DNS look-up failed. However, it appears my particular error is more difficult to solve as I've tried a lot of things.
Details:
- I moved into this building and can only access google/facebook/watch some youtube videos. ALL other sites give me the DNS-error. The other pc connected to this router has no issues(nor my smartphone).
- I've done:
1) CMD->flushdns
2) change the wireless adapter ipv4 properties (tried all open DNS servers)
3) Reset router
4) Troubleshoot the problem (gives: 1. There is a problem with the wireless adapter or access point 2.Wi-fi doesn't have a valid ip).
5) Turn of firewall
Included is the ipconfig/all. The router is a Hitron-3CC0 and my laptop (win8.1) has a Qualcomm Atheros adapter with up-to-date drivers.
Would just buying a ethernet cable solve the issue 100%?
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All,

I'm suspecting that my computer has been blocked by Hacker Scam. Everytime I would open my computer the web block comes out and I would have to go to Ctrl+Delete then report error to access network. Could anybody please kindly advise how I can clear and remove this Hacker block permanently in my computer. Thank you very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hacker-scam-moved-from-windows-xp-forum.1114840/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is in the right forum, so I thought I would go off O/S.

It's just about a recent argument I had with associate, if thats what I call him. (more like the first 3 letters of that word really). The thing is he has a download speed of 150 mb he stated that he can download a 4Gb movie in 30 secs, is this possible ?? I said no way ( or words that meant that).
I know he isn't going to get that speeds form his ISP, but he is adamant he is.

Cheers all.
Wizzkid

A:Download Speeds (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

Virgin Media cable in the UK offer 152Mbps download speed
Not sure the speed calc is correct - maybe 3 to 4 mins

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speeds-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1155329/
Relevancy 66.22%

When trying to print something in outline view in Word 2007 the text will remain on one line within the margins. When typing: I am going to the store today for milk, this looks fine all on one line

However when I try to print something like
I am going to the store today for milk

it will print as
I am going to the store today for milk
for milk

Not sure why this is doing that, there is ample space for the line in the page, and the line is actually complete, so I see no reason why this would overprint?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-07-outline-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1134477/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello the Windows forum topic concerned my needing to get rid of a piece of non-security software in its entirety After using the proprietary tool and manually deleting all I could find I thought that was the end of it Recently I discovered a piece of this software was still there in a hidden folder and I couldn't unhide or access it The advice from the other topic was very well-meaning but knowing my situation best I opted Windows Moved topic from problems...... forum, for a system refresh Following the refresh there were some weird and funny issues namely black screen with the name of my online shield across the top when restarting off-center graphics and other anomalies After enabling my online shield and Windows Defender went online intending only to quickly grab my firewall key Within literally seconds of opening Internet Explorer to the default homepage I hadn't changed this yet an exploit was blocked and the issue recorded in Event Viewer Closed browser at once and ran ESET and while this was running it occurred to me I'd neglected to install some Windows updates for the love of MIKE before going online After an eternity of Windows Moved topic from Windows forum, problems...... updates and scans I am asking for review of the reports-- naturally I'm concerned about the above issues and whether something is lurking around that hasn't been detected yet By the way the hidden file was eliminated Thank you nbsp FRST - - - - txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Addition - - - - txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp MBscan txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Capture PNG nbsp nbsp Moved topic from Windows forum, problems...... KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Moved topic from Windows forum, problems......

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===No virus or malware was found on your logs.This is just a cleanup of empty items.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:
Filter: application/x-mfe-ipt - {3EF5086B-5478-4598-A054-786C45D75692} - No File
S3 MBAMSwissArmy; \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys [X]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:19F8EB29
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:2187A2BB
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:2CB9631F
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:413177C4
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:43D2A298
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:4FE3FB06
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:660BDAE1
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:77E239B1
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:8967C154
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:8AED9359
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:8C12CFCD
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:9B721CFF
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:A9ABA3FF
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:C5D38708
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:C6D0ABC3
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:C6EB7815
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:C9B27A06
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:D442BE9A
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:D8936165
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:FE61B3F6

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===If all is well.To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide best security practices keep safe.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/===

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599467/moved-topic-from-windows-forum-problems/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi There,
I have a problem with loading windows vista.It runs ok gets to the end and starts again.Could it the harddrive,bios setting ran out of ideas.Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-windows-moved-from-gaming-forum-225177.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have just had a phone call from a guy who says he is from PC World. He tells me that someone is trying to hack into my system and I need to buy a new Windows security package. Can anyone show any light on this please?

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey, so towards the beginning of this year I purchased a refurbished HP pavilion f1703 monitor from a local fix shop. One day while playing a game that ran somewhat slow due to my old computer it shut off and went black on me. Ever since I have tried to find a solution and have had no luck. The monitor will load the dell startup and show bloot into safe mode/startup repair (sometimes) but may randomly cut out. Also tried factory resetting the monitor for lower resolution and it might stay on abit longer before turning black again. The PC works on a TV, but the monitor shutting off after loading screens and even more delayed after lowering resolutions confuses me. Any ideas? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-issue-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1157744/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 65.36%

Can anyone help me to setup limited access for my windows 7 professional. I want to give only limited access to my staff for internet use. I mean i don't want them to use facebook, youtube etc in business computer and don't want them to download files.. Please Help me with this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-for-internet-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1144914/
Relevancy 65.36%

I set up Firefox Sync Bookmarks on my PC where and how do I get my Bookmarks which are being synced and saved ?

A:Firefox Sync Bookmarks? (Moved from Windows 10 forum)

The purpose of the Firefox sync feature is to allow another device (PC - Phone - etc) that has Firefox installed the ability to sync the bookmarks, history etc to itself. For example. I have a Desktop PC, A laptop PC and a Android Smart Phone. Each of these devices have FireFox installed. Each of the devices are sync'd together. So if I save a bookmark on my PC, I can then use Firefox on my Smart phone and the bookmark will appear there and can be used by FireFox.

Its not really a backup. It just makes what ever your syncing available on all devices that use FireFox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-sync-bookmarks-moved-from-windows-10-forum.1163179/
Relevancy 65.36%

Every time I try to ping a site through command prompt the request times out. I use Windows 8.1 and have enabled the rule in Firewall to allow Ping Echoing. I also have an AT&T 2Wire 3800HGV-B router and have disabled block ping and stealth mode. I can ping other computers in my LAN. Other computers, including another Windows 8.1, can ping outside of the LAN and I would like to find what's stopping mine. Here is the pathping results tracing a route to google.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>pathping google.com
Tracing route to google.com [74.125.227.196]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
0 PEH.gateway.pace.com [162.200.208.113]
1 * * *
Computing statistics for 0 seconds...
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 PEH.gateway.pace.com [162.200.208.
113]
Trace complete.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

A:Ping Request Times Out (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

Hello, what happens if you ping the google DNS servers? IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Did you try clearing your DNS cache?
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-request-times-out-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1130263/
Relevancy 65.36%

Tech Guys were so helpful when I had a virus a few months back that I know you can help me with this problem I have spent the Windows Sewing forum) Machine from (Moved Computer 7 in better part of several days trying to solve it on my own Recently I Computer in Sewing Machine (Moved from Windows 7 forum) purchased a Husqvarna Viking TOPAZ Embroidery Sewing machine I have found out that these machines are more computer than sewing machine To get the information from your computer a gb USB stick is provided I am trying to learn all the ins and outs of this The Internet is full of free embroidery to use in the machine I have located much I like and have inserted the USB stick Click on what I hope is the correct file extension hus But I CANNOT Computer in Sewing Machine (Moved from Windows 7 forum) open these files on my laptop They download as quot zipped quot When I extract them they are unreadable The options I am given do not help They do Computer in Sewing Machine (Moved from Windows 7 forum) not show up on the USB stick when it is in the machine I know there has to be a way to open these files HP Pavilion g - dx Notebook PC about years old Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard D Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer in Sewing Machine (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Does this How do I open ".hus" files? help?

If not all I can suggest is to do a web search for "hus file" (w/o the quotes). Be careful, 'cause you'll find a number of programs that claim to open the files, but some cost and all will probably try to "give" you extras that you don't want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-in-sewing-machine-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1150600/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I just re installed Windows XP professional on my Dell Windows XP Home Edition and when i plug the ethernet cable into the PC, it doesn't detect the connection at all. I have no drivers and cannot find drivers when i search the SMC sites which is my modem manufacturer. When i open device manager the option for Network adapters is not even listed. what should i do??

A:Windows XP Installation: No Internet Connection - (Moved from XP forum)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-installation-no-internet-connection-moved-from-xp-forum.1093340/
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently purchased Malwarebytes Premium on June 14th and after 2 days I opened it to look it over and I saw where my next scheduled scan was to be at 1 AM June 14th. I finally found a ph. # and called for some support, I was told they do not do tech support and would refer me to someone. I had them refund my money back to my credit card. Come to find out the company is Cleverbridge and not Malwarebytes. Is there anywhere I can get some protection other than AVG? I have AVG but would like one more.
I also have Win. 8.1 on my laptop but I would like to use the desktop for as long as I'm able. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Barb

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi with my old HDD I did a Windows update weeks ago but i stop halfway due to thunderstorm i did a system restore and then continue Windows update the next day subsequently my PC shut down and restart automatically after a few hours so I did another system restore but this time the system restore was not successful and now my PC is stuck in endless shut down and restarting cycle as a result i thought my old HD is not (Moved start after Windows forum) new install from Wont 7 HD PC working properly so i bought a new HD to replace the old HD one after i had installed windows and drivers it shut down randomly I try to do a dell diagnostics but it shutdown during the diagnostic test now it will not boot and it makes loud fan noise sounds like vacuum cleaner Dell XPS OEM Windows -bit installed nvidia geforce GT i m a newbie to this Can someone pl assist me step by step thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-start-after-install-new-hd-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1164408/
Relevancy 65.36%

A friend of mine gets crappy upload / download speeds. For uploads she gets 1MB. Is there a way of increasing that to about 3 or 4 MB without spending any money. Maybe by changing some settings? If so, what does she need to do? Plz let me know.
Thx

A:Increasing upload speed (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

These speeds are controlled by the provider and the condition of the hardware between the two locations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increasing-upload-speed-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1127282/
Relevancy 65.36%

hi. i would like to flash my bios and i have looked every where i can think of to get an upgrade. can someone help me out the following are the details. my award bios string is 2A59CPAC-00 and my chipset is intel triton-fx. thanx

A:{Moved to Windows Hardware Forum} - BIOS upgrade

You wouldn't happen to know the make/model of the Motherboard?

If not, you can check the FCC ID number, there's a database (whose location eludes me at the moment. It's early) that you can run it against to find out what it is.

that would make it much easier to find yourself a bios upgrade.

-M
------------------
It is easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Linux: The Ultimate NT Service Pack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-to-windows-hardware-forum-bios-upgrade.28866/
Relevancy 65.36%

Is there a patch available that will allow Windows 95 to see USB ports? Thank you!

A:{Moved to Win95 Hardware Forum} - USB under Windows 95- is there a patch?

Greetings

You may have more luck posting this question to the Win95 Hardware forum. I will move the thread there.

Good Luck

------------------
Reuel Miller

[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-to-win95-hardware-forum-usb-under-windows-95-is-there-a-patch.28721/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, when I click on a tab in Firefox, or WIN explorer or anything on my PC, a number of other things happen / open.

I'm trying to run Avira on my Win 7 PC, when I started to scan - 3 windows openend and started scanning.

Win Explorer, I created a New Folder, when attampting to right click on the New Folder to select rename nothing happens, when I tried to delete this folder, another folder started to delete...

Anyone have any idea whats happening>?

A:click once and other things happen! HELP (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Have I posted this in the wrong group? If not, would a Mod please place this where it should be please?

Usually on Techguys, I would have already received a few replies.

Thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/click-once-and-other-things-happen-help-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1160467/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everybody,

I have been using my.yahoo.com home page that was provided by my IPS AT&T. All of the sudden I could not get a home page when I clicked on Home button. My home page is www.my.yahoo.com. It works on hubby's PC and doesn't work on mine. It's a customizable page that allows me to put only the stuff I want - calendar, news, apps. etc.
When I clicked on Home I get this error message (please see attached image):

Does anybody use this home page from AT&T and has an idea what happened. I did a System Restore already and it did not help.
Any tip and advice are much appreciated.
P.S. I tries to use ADW Cleaner to remove whatever a problem may be with Yahoo, but ADW freezes my computer, totally unusable. .

A:can't load my home page on PC (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Boot the PC into safemode with networking....this will run only the basic/needed drivers to run the OS. Then run Adwcleaner and any other malware software your have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-load-my-home-page-on-pc-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1167386/
Relevancy 65.36%

I use a little program call AFM. It holds profiles for me. Anyway, the projects are supposed to be saved as .txt files. But when I save them they do not have that extension, in the Folder window under Type they just show as "File".
I can rename the files, by just adding the extension .txt they turn into the right kind of file for me to use but it is a pain in the rear end and if I forget to change them then everything I have put into a project is lost because the right extension isn't there. (the txt files have these little seperators that turns the info into information in the program, you probably already know that but I didn't)

Also:
In the Save dialogue box it shows the "save as type" as txt.

A:.txt documents being named File? (Moved from Windows 10 forum)

AFM doesn't save them as TXT files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/txt-documents-being-named-file-moved-from-windows-10-forum.1166493/
Relevancy 65.36%

When trying to open Excel 2010 file "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications."

Anyone else having this issue?

A:Microsoft office (Moved from Windows Vista forum)

Make sure you have all of the latest Microsoft Office Updates installed on the pc.

However, there are limitations to Excel 2010. According Microsoft website:

Click here to show information on how to check Excel 2010 limits.
The error can occur if you exceed certain Excel 2010 limits, such as running too many calculations in the workbook. Some of these limits are as follows:

The maximum worksheet size limit is 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns.
The total number of characters that a cell can contain is 32,767 characters.
The maximum selected range in a calculation is 2,048.
The maximum nested level of functions in a calculation is 64.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2655178

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-moved-from-windows-vista-forum.1168829/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an some IP cameras connected to a router via RJ45 Ethernet cable. The router is NOT connected to the internet.

The Ethernet connection works perfectly on my windows 7 system, but is not recognized on the windows 8.1 system.
Any idea on why this happens on Windows 8.1 and how to correct it?

Relevancy 65.36%

I originally had IE as my browser but it started to give me problems so I switched to Mozilla Foxfire as my primary browser. I kept IE on my desktop as a backup browser. Now, when I click on IE, I get a blank page. I tried to reload it via the Microsoft website but it will not reload. What gives? Thanks for any reply.

A:Solved: Internet Explorer (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Try starting IE from the list in Program Files. Sometimes desktop shortcuts get corrupted so I'm trying to rule out that possibility.

What version of IE? What page is set as your home page in IE?

I tried to reload it via the Microsoft websiteClick to expand...

Microsoft has so many websites, please give the address of the MS web site you are referring to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1150937/
Relevancy 65.36%

Forgive me if this should go in Hardware rather than Win My motherboard cpu fried and replaced it with new ones Change the SATA config to RAID Transferring the Windows (moved from 7 Raid forum) Array and was able to recreate the array on the new motherboard I didn t actually have to actually create it it just recognized it Transferring Raid Array (moved from the Windows 7 forum) once I changed the SATA config to RAID and my volume label name was there was using used the Intel Chipset Only thing now is that obviously the OS won t boot up BSOD on Boot I m able to get on Startup Repair but all the options on there none of them are helping me get into Windows Restore Point and Automatic Repair I m pretty sure this is something beyond that obviously but was wondering if anyone can explain to me what I m missing or what s going on And what can I do to fix it if possible If that fails I m okay with reinstalling windows but I ll need help in transferring over my files if thats possible - I m assuming so because it recognizes the volume TIA nbsp

A:Transferring Raid Array (moved from the Windows 7 forum)

Best way is to install another drive. Do not make this part of the raid array. Install windows on the single drive however do not activate it. Once windows is installed, and functioning on the raid controller, make an image of the single drive. Now access, copy, whatever you want from the raid array. Once you are all finished, you can remove the single drive. Boot with the rescue disk for whatever imaging program you used. Restore the image to the array and you are done. Copy back whatever data files, etc you copied above. When you are all done [and everything is working] go ahead and activate windows.

The above is one of the many reasons why I do not like onboard raid. IMO if you want raid, then buy a real raid card.

I use and recommend acronis true image for the above task however there are a few free programs that will do this also. The problem might be the raid array. I do not know if the free version of macrium will recognize a raid array.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-raid-array-moved-from-the-windows-7-forum.1147682/
Relevancy 65.36%

My antivirus malware deal keeps popping up showing "C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe " saying that there is a malware problem. It pops up so much that I have permanently muted my volume and it keeps freezing my computer. I don't know how to make it stop but I've read a few things that said its a trojan horse virus or something. I just don't know what to do anymore. Can someone please help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-windows-system32-svchost-exe-trojan-or-what-moved-from-xp-forum.1093634/
Relevancy 65.36%

I just bought a new HP Pavilion preloaded with Windows -bit So far I am very unimpressed with Win I just tried to install MS Office from my original DVD I have the product key I typed it in and MS accepted it The installation seemed to proceed although it also seemed to take a long time Eventually it said I needed to reboot for the installation to complete So I selected that and the machine started to restart but never fully restarted I sat here and watched the word restarting and the little wheel of dots going in circles for nearly minutes By the end of that time the hard drive light on the unit was not blinking much at all Maybe one quick blink every - seconds or so So I powered down and from that point on nothing seems to be working right at all Eventually I just uninstalled MS Office it did appear on the list of installed programs At that point there were none of the usual MS Office shortcuts on my desktop that I m used to seeing Now the system seems to be behaving somewhat erratically but it does work Was the problem that MS Office just won t work in Win at all Or has something else gone wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Will MS Office 2010 run under Win 8.1 64 bit? (moved from Windows 8 forum)

I just bought a new HP Pavilion preloaded with Win 8.1 64-bit. I'm singularly unimpressed so far!

I have a netgear wifi router. When I first turned on the machine, it found the network and i connected to wifi properly. I did a bunch of stuff with no problems related to wifi that I could see.

I then tried to install MS Office 2010 from my original DVD. I have the product key and MS accepted it and did the installation. But it said I needed to reboot to finish that and the reboot never rebooted! After watching the "no-progress" wheel whirl and turn for nearly 5 minutes, I powered down. When I then manually restarted, that didn't work until I did it twice. Finally, I got back up and running and since then no wifi! I can connect using the ethernet cable but why would all that I've done render the wifi network undetectable by the computer? The lights on the router indicate it's working right, so what's wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-ms-office-2010-run-under-win-8-1-64-bit-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1151834/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Tech Support I have ran from one problem into an entirely different one If you d like to skip the background and get right to my current problem skip to the paragraph that starts with bold text I will attempt to be as detailed as possible I am currently accessing this forum through another device My new hard drive used to constantly BSOD on me with random memory errors At least every hours I decided to just grit through but it also affects other things -- for example I get quot disk write errors quot and for games from (Moved Failing 7 forum) Wired Windows Connection that WORK such as Counter Strike Global Offensive eventually I get pak vpk errors on random files I assume they get corrupted so I m kicked from the game Well I finally gave up and hooked up two hard drives and am using an older drive as a boot drive and keeping the old faulty one to do everything else If this is a terrible idea please let me know ANYWAYS I installed Windows on my old hard drive and got my computer to boot from it now I use a WIRED connection and DO NOT have a wireless adapter installed and would like to not have to buy one The last drive I used wired up fine but this one didn t It Wired Connection Failing (Moved from Windows 7 forum) wouldn t detect any connection and then I get messages saying it couldn t find a driver for the network adapter That s weird so I finally started Googling this I was led to go to the Control Panel Network and Internet Network and Sharing Center and Change Adapter Settings Well when I get to this point the quot change adapter settings quot window is completely blank Just to make sure I was messing something up I checked that path on my laptop and it fills with connections and the like What do I do now I appreciate any help offered and will attempt to respond quickly nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I sure hope someone can help me I had been scouring these pages trying to fix all the things that are wrong with my computer I have done so many antivirus scans but I cannot find any viruses So here is the list First I always get these messages saying my cpu s are high When I go to task manager it shows they are always slow forum) Windows (Moved from computer 8 runnnig is Help! running at I don t know what to disable and I am afraid I will mess my computer up I did that the other day when I followed the advice on here that someone gave someone about doing a clean boot and disabling the start up menu I Help! computer is runnnig slow (Moved from Windows 8 forum) had the hardest time getting my computer to get back on I had to get it in safe mood to get it working again But my computer is so slow I type faster than I see the words at times and also right in the middle of typing it will stop and I am always writing the wrong passwords because I don t know what letters its keeping or not I can t play any of the games I use to play that I downloaded from bigfishgames or gamehouse As soon as they come on they flash right back to main computer screen My system restores are never successful and I tried to do a refresh of my computer but I don t have the windows cd it was already loaded on my laptop when I got it I also tried to download and that was unsuccessful too Please Is there someone who can help me Here are some scans that I have already ran Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Root VFS ProgramFilesCommonX Microsoft Shared OFFICE CSISYNCCLIENT EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Root Office MsoSync exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office root office WINWORD EXE C Users Kim AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCache Content IE HAZW Z HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - HKLM Run AvastUI exe quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C Program Files Microsoft Office Root Office ONBttnIE dll O - Protocol wlpg - E EF CD-A A- A B- E F- F B E - C Program Files x Windows Live Photo Gallery AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler dll O - Service SAS Core Service SASCORE - SUPERAntiSpyware com - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System alg exe file missing O - Service AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system atiesrxx exe file missing O - Service avast Antivirus - AVAST Software - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service HP Connected Remote Service HPConnectedRemote - Hewlett-Packard - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Connected Remote HPConnectedRemoteService exe O - Service HP Software Framework Service hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe O - Service oem inf hpservice desc HP Service hpsrv - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Hpservice exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system lsass exe file missing O - Service LiveUpdate LiveUpdateSvc - Unknown owner - C Program Files x IObit LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe file missing O - Service MBAMSche... Read more

Relevancy 65.36%

I have AOL using a D-Link DSL-2680 but the red connection fail light keeps coming on and I have to restart. I would like to know is this a problem with AOL or could I have a virus ? Thanks for looking

A:AOL router disconnecting do I have a virus? (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

i suspect its either a problem with the router, the telephone line or with AOL
if the light is on the router itself

see page 4 of this manual
http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DSL/DSL 2680/Manual/DSL_2680_A1_Manual_EU_UK.pdf
which light is red - the internet one

if so i would call AOL ,which is talktalk now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-router-disconnecting-do-i-have-a-virus-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1140208/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am currently working on a networkded NT40 Workstation. In Access and other Windows Programs I am running the cursor has moved 2 spaces to the right when I access the Search/Find Dialog Box. This does not occur in other dialog boxes within the program. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
Thanks!

A:{Moved from NT Forum} - Search/Find Box in Windows Programs

Greetings

How is this adversly affecting the performance of the programs?

Cheers
------------------
Reuel Miller

[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-from-nt-forum-search-find-box-in-windows-programs.36397/
Relevancy 65.36%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3947 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1845 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 591945 MB, Free - 380144 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JE50_HR
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015, Updated and Enabled

I will appreciate help please: AVG said go to Device manager open up then go to View and show hidden devices and there was a "nethfdrv" that dah a problem AVG said go to driver update but there were nothing.
Everytime you want to execute an instruction then " not responding" and then after 5 or so minutes then it is ready to go again and very frustrating.
Thank you in advance for help.

Relevancy 65.36%

MS Word 2007 does not start normally.
The MS Word 2007 program, to be run at all shows User Account Control Box. I click Yes.
Then everything on the screen sort of gets foggy.
Then I get the message "There was a problem sending the command to the program."

If I click Enter a few times I can get MS Word to start. Sometimes not.

I have reinstalled Word 2007 which does not help.

I have run Office Diagnostics which did not find any problems.

Need help on this one.

Thank you in advance.

A:MS Word Startup Having Problems (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Try re-registering Words file exentions.

Close Word
Start > Run > winword.exe /r {ENTER}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-startup-having-problems-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1141806/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a HP Pavilion (Moved anything Can't get Windows 7 message error download forum) this from p - and recently I have not been able to download from cnet com and get this message Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request Please contact the server administrator no address given and inform them of the time the error occurred and anything you might have done that may have caused the error More information about this error may be available in the server error log This just started happening I ran the anti Malware program and found trojans and cleaned them up but still have the same issue also I have a reboot issue as well I get this error message svchost exe - No Disk There is no disk in the drive Please insert a disk into drive Device Harddisk DR I Can't download anything get this error message (Moved from Windows 7 forum) have recently reformatted my computer using the disk that HP restore disk program and it did great but I am getting this crap now I have to cancel this error about or times before it disappears Can someone please help me and remember I am years old and old school so please explain clearly lol thank you Can't download anything get this error message (Moved from Windows 7 forum) nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-download-anything-get-this-error-message-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1138304/
Relevancy 64.93%

since the upgrade I have been unable to connect to the Internet.

The errors I get
- one or more network protocols are missing on this computer - windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity

I have tried
- netsh windsock reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew

If you need screen shots or addition data, let me know.

Thanks in advance

A:Unidentified network - no internet access (Moved from Windows 10 forum)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-moved-from-windows-10-forum.1162000/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am having a problem getting into my windows program. The problem is that the computer says that there are several files missing from the SYSTEM INI. So, okay. I attempt to use DOS to undelete these missing files by going into the windows directory and giving the undelete command. I believe everything would be fine except the computer tells me that all files are currently in "lock /." I reboot the computer and attempt to give the unlock command but repeatedly am faced with the message, "lock unsuccessful." My question is...WHAT DO I DO?!?

A:{Moved to Operating System Forum} - Windows 98 programming error

Greetings

Well, firstly, we can get the great guys and gals in the Windows 98 Operating System Forum to help you out. This is the Windows NT / 2000 forum.

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller

[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-to-operating-system-forum-windows-98-programming-error.29248/