Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

Q: Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

Hey all constantly disconnecting Unidentified 7 Windows and Network issue, keeps reconnecting I found this forum while googling possible solutions to this problem but with no luck About a week ago after getting a new ISP and router my computer connected fine to the new wireless network my old ISP was Verizon and we had wireless DSL and my PC had no problems It went into sleep mode some time later and since then I ve been having this nonstop unidentified network problem that I ve tried multiple Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly things to fix but nothing has worked so far Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly It basically drops out the connection and my home network becomes unidentified and doesn t work Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly and then randomly reconnects and it happens over and over Sometimes when it connects it connects to NetworkProfile which seems to be exactly the same as my router s connection so I don t know if that s like a duplicate connection that was made or not I have no clue All I ve pinpointed so far is that it s definitely a computer issue My older laptop also Windows my iPhone my dad s iPhone and even his old Vista netbook can connect with no issues but with my PC it ll be connected then some time later it ll disconnect and say the network is unidentified and public This happens repeatedly It goes from this To this I also tried connecting to another network a hotspot created by my iPhone and it did the same thing so it s definitely not my new wireless service Might be a problem between my computer and wireless networks in general So I ve tried many different things and nothing has worked This includes uninstalling and reinstalling my old network adapter checking for drivers resetting the IP stack deleted Bonjour many things that come up when you google the problem I even got a new not too expensive thankfully network adapter and it still occurs It s irritating because this sounds like a very common issue with Windows and even looks like Was hoping some people could help out and help me pinpoint the issue here because this has been driving me nuts for a long time My last resort would be to reinstall Windows or do a factory reset but apparently that doesn t fix the issue and knowing my luck it d be the same with me Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-constantly.1149651/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hey folks- hoping i could network finding constantly not Wireless disconnecting, reconnecting, get some advice or at least some troubleshooting diagnostics steps to take on an extremely frustrating problem i m having connecting to the internet wirelessly here s what i m working with Gateway GZ Windows XP Home Edition SP Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Driver version Intel Pentium M processor GHz GB RAM I m trying to connect wirelessly to an Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network Airport Time Capsule connection at the office for the most part up until a couple days ago this connection worked well since i ve started having problems other computers at the office Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network all macs have still been able to connect Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network perfectly so the problem seems to be isolated to my computer what happens is that my computer basically will not connect to the internet and when it does disconnects after or seconds looks for the network connects and then repeats it all sometimes when it reconnects it tells me that i m connecting to an unsecured network even though the network is password-protected the quality of the connection varies from quot no signal quot to quot very good quot to quot excellent quot all within the span of a minute or two i also intermittently get the following messages quot this network has limited or no connectivity quot with the little exclamation point inside the yellow triangle quot unable to connect to preferred wireless network quot sometimes when i click on quot view available wireless networks quot it can t find any on the first or second try and then finds the correct network tries to connect and repeats the cycle described above sometimes it ll stay connected for minutes or even - minutes and then suddenly drop off help nbsp

A:Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-constantly-disconnecting-reconnecting-not-finding-network.791902/
Relevancy 99.33%

Just today I started having this problem.

My lan cable says it has been unplugged, then 1 second later says its now plugged in. Therefore, I get disconnected from anything I have an active connection to every time this happens (happens about every 5 mins).

I checked the connection on the computer's end as well as the router's, its fine. Still having the problem though.

Relevancy 99.33%

I just got my internet working again today, after getting rid of a virus going around my campus, and now I'm having problems with AIM. It's constantly disconnecting and then reconnecting...and sometimes it will say "You are attempting to sign on again too soon. Please try again later." with my main screen name, even if I wait awhile. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 98.47%

AIM will disconnect and reconnect. It does this on my laptop and desktop.

Comcast Internet
Linksys Router
Laptop: Windows 7
Desktop: Windows XP

I have tried going to settings, then connection, then auto configure but that changed nothing. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I can live with it but it can be annoying.

Relevancy 97.18%

Hi there I have an HP Atheros AR9285 disconnecting/reconnecting constantly DV -TX bought from Australia roughly years ago I am now residing in the UK For the past few days I have been having problems with my wireless card Atheros AR constantly disconnecting and reconnecting to my Atheros AR9285 constantly disconnecting/reconnecting network as well as timing out whilst loading websites etc This seems to be getting progressively worse started off every half hour Atheros AR9285 constantly disconnecting/reconnecting and now every two minutes I have also noticed that the signal strnegth is now only good compared to excellent before So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled my card using the latest drivers as well as some previous ones reset my internet protocol setting using command prompt and tried to use the windows troubleshooter which finds no problem as the network connects again before it detects that there is no internet connection All other devices in the house using wireless work fine xbox other laptops and mobile phones The computer has been on the same desk for two years with the router in the same place with no real problems Is there anything further that I can try or does it look as if my wireless card is dying If so can anyone recommend a suitable replacement for me If there's anything I have missed out please let me know little new to this kind of stuff Thanks for any help and suggestions Cheers Millsy System Specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i QM GHz C Clarksfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Hewlett-Packard CPU C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz VX SERIES x Hz ATI Mobility Radeon HD HP C Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD BPVT- HXZT SATA C Optical Drives DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device hp DVDRAM GT L Audio ATI High Definition Audio Device Network You are connected to the internet Connected through Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server Preferred DNS server DHCP Enabled DHCP server External IP Address Adapter Type IEEE wireless NetBIOS over TCP IP Enabled via DHCP NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node Link Speed Bps Computer Name NetBIOS Name MILLS-PC DNS Name Mills-PC Membership Part of workgroup Workgroup WORKGROUP Remote Desktop Disabled Console State Active Domain Mills-PC EH-Tcp State Listen WinInet Info LAN Connection Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet Wi-Fi Info Using native Wi-Fi API version Available access points count Wi-Fi PlusnetWirelessB D SSID PlusnetWirelessB D Frequency kHz Channel Number Name PlusnetWirelessB D Signal Strength Quality Security Enabled State The interface is connected to a network Dot Type Infrastructure BSS network Network Connectible Network Flags Currently Connected to this network Cipher Algorithm to be used when joining this network AES-CCMP algorithm Default Auth used to join this network for the first time i RSNA algorithm that uses PSK WinHTTPInfo WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy Session Proxy Session Proxy Bypass Connect Retries Connect Timeout ms HTTP Version HTTP Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max HTTP automatic redirects Max HTTP status continue Send Timeout ms IEProxy Auto Detect No IEProxy Auto Config IEProxy IEProxy Bypass Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy Default Config Proxy Default Config Proxy Bypass Sharing and Discovery Network Discovery Enabled File and Printer Sharing Enabled File and printer sharing service Enabled Simple File Sharing Enabled Administrative Shares Enabled Network access Sharing and security model for local accounts Classic - local users authenticate as themselves Adapters List Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Connection Name Wireless Network Connection DHCP enabled Yes MAC Address C - - - - - Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Connection Name Wireless Network Connection NetBIOS over TCPIP Yes DHCP enabled... Read more

A:Atheros AR9285 constantly disconnecting/reconnecting

Have you tried starting up in safe mode with networking? If the problem seems to go away in safe mode then you can be sure than an installed program or software is causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317931-atheros-ar9285-constantly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 97.18%

My Steelseries Diablo mouse is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting from my computer for - seconds at a time and occasionally becomes unresponsive until I restart the computer unplugging and reconnecting mouse won't even bring it back online When this happens fixes many Mouse disconnecting/reconnecting, already constantly tried the computer Mouse constantly disconnecting/reconnecting, already tried many fixes makes the same noise Mouse constantly disconnecting/reconnecting, already tried many fixes as if I were to physically unplug the mouse from the computer and then Mouse constantly disconnecting/reconnecting, already tried many fixes plug it back in It seems to happen more often while gaming then normal internet browsing though it may just seem like it happens more often because gaming requires more constant mouse movement then browsing the internet So far I have already tried updating drivers this includes for all my Universal Serial Bus controlers and all my Human Interface Devices Uninstalling amp reinstalling all Steelseries software making it so that Windows cannot turn power off to all usb Root Hubs performing a clean boot Running scans with Avira antivirus Spybot amp Malwarebytes Anti-Malware changing mouse to a brand new Razor Naga which also disconnects amp reconnects but FAR less often using several different usb ports to plug mice into There may be a or more things I've also tried but just cannot recall them ATM All my other devices seem to work fine except for possibly my logitech webcam Mic occasionally i will try to use it on Teamspeak and the Mic will not work until I reset the computer However I use this far less frequently and do not know if it related to my mice problems I would really like to avoid either of the options that i feel i am being driven towards either taking the computer in to a shop for possibly expensive repairs or just wiping the computer amp putting it back to factory settings If anyone has any other ideas please let me know Computer Specs OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build System Manufacturer MSI System Model MS- System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s

A:Mouse constantly disconnecting/reconnecting, already tried many fixes

Hello and welcome Benny now one thing I didn't see amongst the tries was a memtest - a long shot but seeing that a lot of different devices are not working seems to me to be due to a common causation spot.
MEMTEST
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html this one you will need to make a bootable disk set the BIOS to optical (or USB if preferred) boot the machine and let it run for at LEAST 8 passes unless the errors come up straight away. Takes fair time to complete and some leave it running overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354511-mouse-constantly-disconnecting-reconnecting-already-tried-many-fixes.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a strange wireless problem. Iíve just bought a Dell D420 laptop (XP Pro). At my office it connect to wireless fine. I got it home on Friday and it would disconnect every 30 seconds or so and then reconnect; it did this endlessly. All other laptops and desktops in the house were working fine. We looked for a fix, tried a few things, and what seemed to work was changing the name of our home network; just changing the name and re-entering the network key. We had also changed channel but that by itself hadnít changed anything. So everything was fine until earlier today when the router needed re-setting. All other PCs in the house were fine but the D420 went back to constantly disconnecting and reconnecting again. Can someone please help!

Relevancy 96.32%

We are beginning to roll out XPS 13 laptops into our environment and have run into this issue on multiple XPS 13s. We will have the USB-C to Ethernet adapter plugged in and connected to ethernet, and after a couple of minutes it will lose connection. Once it loses connection, it constantly connects and disconnects every 5-10 seconds. I have looked through this forum for a while and have not found anyone else with this issue, however we are having the same issue on multiple laptops. They are running Windows 7 with a fresh image.

A:XPS 13 9350 USB-C to Ethernet Adapter Constantly Disconnecting and Reconnecting

I'm seeing the same issue on Precision 5510s.  Don't have an answer myself.  I have disabled power management option that allows the system to shut off the device to save power, which didn't help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675137
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a USB Netgear WN111v2 that has been working perfectly up until now, it can't connect to the network and trying to manually set up the addresses, reinstalling drivers, and trying a system restore haven't worked. Even though the router has a lease for the computer on 192.168.1.11 it's doesn't work, although it will show that it's connecting, it won't ping anything, including the router... WZC utility is stopped :|

Any advice would help

A:Netgear WN111v2 constantly acquiring address & disconnecting/reconnecting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wn111v2-constantly-acquiring-address-disconnecting-reconnecting.1003232/
Relevancy 88.15%

My internet connection constantly disconnects but immediately reconnects in a matter of seconds. It does this this every fifteen minutes or so. Sorry to be a bother, but can anything be done about this issue?

A:Internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Any way to fix this issue?

Is your internet connection wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-any-way-to-fix-this-issue-573553.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello!
I am having a problem since 1 year ago, and i tried every solution to fix this. My problem is the network connection randomly disconnect and reconnect/ or reconnect, if I restart the modem or the Wifi Router. The network isn't disconnect, if the desktop PC is off.
I tried these solutions:
-buy a new network card
-buy a new Wifi router
-ask a new modem from the ISP
-buy new UTP cables instead of all UTP cables
-i format the winchester and reinstall the windows 2 times
I have not more idea, than fix this, but this is a very angrily problem. I fight this since 1 year and nothing can help.
I'm waiting for all idea or solutions, i can try whatever!
Thank you!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting-4607308/
Relevancy 87.29%

I apologize if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it It's an odd issue so I wasn't entirely sure how to search Here's the problem - there are to connectivity keep reconnecting and disconnecting have - internet manually issue a lot of quot new quot factors here I recently got a new internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting laptop Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows and I'm still in the process of setting it up Now just today we changed internet service providers We have digital cable and I'm connecting via wireless This is what we had before but with a different provider different cable modem and different brand new Apple wireless router When it runs it runs fast However between every seconds and every five minutes approximately the internet stops working It still says quot connected quot but when I run diagnostics it says it cannot connect to the internet Then through the Lenovo Access Connections tool internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting I disconnect from the network and then connect again and it works fine for another seconds to five minutes I checked the firewall and everything looked right all the relevant programs were permitted etc and I tried different browsers so it's not a browser issue Here's what the diagnostic tool says Adapter Details Adapter name b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Adapter type Wireless LAN Adapter speed Mbps Driver Firmware version N A Adapter status Enabled Connection Status Connected Disable unused cards Yes TCP IP Settings DHCP enabled Yes Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix Yes Register connection's DNS suffix in registration Yes Register connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration Yes Enable LMHOSTS Lookup No NetBIOS setting quot Default quot Wireless Settings Network name SSID NetworkName Connection type Access point Wireless mode Auto Security encryption WPA -PSK AES Internet Settings IE Settings Home page Proxy settings System Information System model CTO BIOS version IET WW Operating system version Windows Access connections version Global Settings Network ------- Allow Windows users without administrator privileges to create and apply location profiles - gt No Allow the wireless LAN radio to be turned off when inactive - gt Yes Enable autodeletion of unused profiles - gt No Disable the Peer to Peer community feature - gt Yes Enable SMS feature - gt Yes Allow selection of location profiles with Fn F On Screen Display menu - gt Yes Notifications ------------- Show ThinkVantage Access Connections status icon in task tray - gt No Show wireless status icon in task tray - gt No Display the progress indicator window when a profile is being applied - gt Yes Show Access connections Gauge in task bar - gt Yes Preferences ----------- Enable sound effects - gt No Do not show balloon tips from the Access Connections system tray icon - gt Yes Do not show balloon tips from the Access connections Gauge - gt Yes Show WiMAX page as default on Main GUI - gt No Automatic location profile switching list Include Ethernet connections in automatic switching and prompt me to save Ethernet ports - gt Yes Preferred Location Of WLAN - gt No When no other connections are available connect through Wireless WAN or WiMAX - gt No Wireless priority list ---------------------- Selection Priority Location profile name Connection order Connection details ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yes OldNetwork Ethernet saved port s Yes OldNetwork Wireless LAN SSID OldNetwork Yes NetworkName Wireless LAN SSID NetworkName I am a total computer dunce so would really appreciate any help I can't make heads or tails of it

A:internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting

by chance does event viewer show anything

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connectivity-issue-have-to-keep-manually-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-562859.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a Dell Mini Solved: and Continually to Reconnecting Wireless Disconnecting Network Inspiron which I use at home connected to the internet through my wifi router It has worked without problem for me Recently though when I have taken my netbook elsewhere I have been unable to initially connect and then to stay connected to any wifi connection that I have found Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network Firstly when away from home and I go to Wireless Network Connection I am unable to see any wireless networks at all and I get the message Windows cannot configure this wireless connection If you have enable another program to configure this wirelss connection use that software If you want to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC serivce For information about starting the WZC service see article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network the microsoft com Website Now what strikes me first up is why I am getting this error message when I m not getting it at home I have tried four separate wifi networks and Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network I get this message everytime Now the owners never seem to have a problem with these networks and I am able to connect to them sucessfuly using my phone I have tried turning off my phone to ensure it is not an intereference problem So following the instructions I go the Services and sure enough the Windows Zero Configuration service is not started so I start it sucessfully If I now quot Refresh Network List quot I get a similar error to before except at the bottom that it says click quot Change advanced settings quot click the Wireless Networks tab and then select the checkbox labeled quot Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings quot So I do that and I can now see a number of wireless networks So I connect to one ok but within about - seconds I get disconnected from it and then it automatically reconnects stays connected for about - seconds and then disconnects This happens repeatedly allowing for very very painful browsing and impossible downloading of files So a couple of questions - why am I not able to the networks automatically and why when I do connect am I not able to stay connected nbsp

A:Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-continually-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-to-wireless-network.878097/
Relevancy 80.41%

My Windows will stay connected to any of my Android devices it rapidly and disconnecting consistently Windows reconnecting 8.1 connects and disconnects sometimes so quickly the connection sound doesn't have time to finish before the disconnecting sound is played I have my new laptop Dell XPS about a month and I've spent several hours every week trawling through forums and search engines trying every solution I could find Windows 8.1 consistently disconnecting and reconnecting The consensus as far as I can see is that nobody Windows 8.1 consistently disconnecting and reconnecting wants to admit that the fault lies with Windows when clearly it does Here is a list of everything I have tried All with no other USB peripherals plugged in Tried different cables all high quality Samsung genuine cables Tried different USB ports I've tried all of them several times Turn off automatic power management I've turn it on and off followed by restarts still the same issue Tried this fix Windows USB device constantly being disconnected and reconnected - Microsoft Community Tried this buy my Regedit does not have the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled option Help After installing Windows my USB device doesn't charge or it disconnects and reconnects frequently - Microsoft Windows USB Core Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs Tried newest Samsung drivers with and without Kies Re-installing USB controllers Everything works fine on my other W laptop it is definitely down to Windows I know this because even when I run an OS in Vmware and forward the USB connection to my virtual drive it NEVER disconnects The worst thing is I'm an Android developer and after having bought the most expensive laptop I'v eever owned I can't run or test any apps because it can't do something as simple as hold onto a USB connection for over a few seconds at a time If anybody has any other ideas as to what I can to fix this I would be extremely grateful after wasting so many hours trying to find a solution I've fallen behind on my work and I can't afford to keep up this banging my head against the wall retrying solutions that don't work In the meantime when I need to test and app I have to resend my code to my phone tablet over and over in the hope it reaches the device in one of the small windows of time that it stays connected all the while putting up with the annoying connect reconnect bleeps

A:Windows 8.1 consistently disconnecting and reconnecting

Hi,
Am so sorry that they couldnt find a fix for your problem but youve come to the right place.
Anyway your problem is so rare and weird but we will do our best.
Okay first you have to download several tools and give me their log so we can approach the problem bit by bit.
First do this:
P.S: i know you are a developer and have advanced skills but please follow the instructions to avoid any problems
If any program won't run ( due to the infection ) let me know.
Run RogueKiller
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securi...
http://majorgeeks.com/RogueKiller_d...
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/file...
http://tigzy.geekstogo.com/roguekil...
http://www.sur-la-toile.com/RogueKi...
User Guide
http://www.adlice.com/softwares/rog...
Official tutorial
http://www.adlice.com/softwares/rog...
If RogueKiller won't run, open IE & turn off SmartScreen Filter.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/...
Download & SAVE to your Desktop. If your default download location is not theDesktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.
Quit all programs that you may have started.
Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!
For Vista or Windows 7/8, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"
For Windows XP, double-click to start.
Wait until Prescan has finished ...
Then Click on "Scan" button
Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"
Click on "Delete"
Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"
Click on "Report" and Copy & Paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.
The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your Desktop.
Exit/Close RogueKiller.
When completed make sure to re-enable your antivirus.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57270-windows-8-1-consistently-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 78.69%

This has been happening lately for the past couple weeks. I would randomly disconnect from the game then reconnect after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens every 30s-1min. I've tried restarting my modem and router and it didnt help. Any fixes?

A:I keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my internet -Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please try to reinstall your network driver.

Does this happen when using the internet browser as well?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/i-keep-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-to-my-internet-windows-7-home-premium-902706.html
Relevancy 77.83%

This problem is driving me insane I swear I'd fixed it once but now its back to haunt me and I have no idea what causes it It's just so random I've posted a x64 Windows in AGAIN issue Network Unidentified - 7 thread about it here before but had managed to fix the problem What I did to get rid of it was Set quot Speed amp Duplex quot in my adapter properties to a fixed speed in my case it was Mbit Half-Duplex the others didn't work Changed network speed WAN port speed in my router from Mbit Auto to fixed quot Mbit quot That seemed to have done the trick and Unidentified Network issue in Windows 7 x64 - AGAIN everything worked for weeks Today I go out for lunch for minutes and when I come back the connection is gone I reset the adapter - nothing I've tried all the regular stuff again reinstalled the drivers etc reset the router laptop but it still can't find the network It's a disaster as this is my work laptop and I have to be online all the time What on Earth could've happened while I was out The laptop was locked and I always have it locked whenever I leave it so it's absolutely impossible that somebody had messed with my settings I've checked - the router amp adapter settings are still the same but for some reason the settings that had worked for weeks don't work now anymore I'm going mad The problem persists in safe mode and I've tried every Speed amp Duplex setting now - nothing works anymore The adapter doesn't seem to be absolutely dead as it recognises the cable but still can't get on the network Please help me Here is a full list of my adapter settings Any idea what may have caused it to die during sleep in locked mode

A:Unidentified Network issue in Windows 7 x64 - AGAIN

Hello,

Can you do an 'ipconfig /all' please.

Do you have the latest installed drivers? Has Windows updated the drivers whilst you where out?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217943-unidentified-network-issue-windows-7-x64-again.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I am running Windows 7 on my PC but I installed Windows 10 Enterprise as a virtual machine using VMWare Player. My Network Adapter setting on VMWare are set to "NAT:Used to share the host's IIP address". This works just fine when I run Ubuntu VM but
does not work when I run Windows 10 VM.

I tried to select other Network Adapter settings e.g. Bridged etc. but no luck. I am not using a static IP but the one assigned automatically seems to be of a private network I.e. 192.168.#.#

I am not really good with networks. I followed a tutorial online to change the startup types of the network settings but that also did not help.

Conclusion: When I run Ubuntu VM on VMWare player with network adapter settings set to NAT, it works. So I think the problem is with Windows 10 network settings, maybe?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b9d5bd1f-2d91-4337-8a46-4e14005b313b/windows-10-unidentified-network-issue?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 77.83%

Built a new workstation at work.  Installed windows 7 pro and ran windows update.  All of this done in my "lab".

After moving the computer to the workstation, it has no internet access and says unidentified network.  Moved it back to the "lab", and it worked fine.  Moved it back to the workstation and the problem is still there.

It replaced an older Dell with windows xp pro.  I connected the Dell back up and it works fine.  DHCP is running.

I also grabbed a windows 7 pro laptop and tried the hardwire connection, and I got the same unidentified network with no internet access.

Anyone have a experience with this??  This has got me pulling my hair out.

A:Windows 7 unidentified network issue

You may need to assign a homegroup/workgroup to the Win7 PCs, ... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-is-the-difference-between-a-domain-a-workgroup-and-a-homegroup .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543682/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue/
Relevancy 77.83%

Computer > Dlink Router - Virgin Media Modem

Ive had this issue with two different model routers, so it`s now leading me to believe that i have an issue with windows 7 somehow.

If i reboot my computer, or turn it on from cold boot, I get the issue (SEE ATTACHED THUMBNAILS)

I can resolve the issue by going into network connections, disabling my
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor
Then re-enabling it again.

this now seems to sync with the router and all is well.

anyone experienced this issue before or know why it is happening?

Relevancy 76.97%

Hello everyone This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this correctly A few months ago we upgraded our modem router and got the Cisco DPC Our internet provider is Cox Communications We have several laptops in our home and connect to our WiFi with our smartphones fine However my laptop is unable to identify this new modem router The only way I am able to connect is to be directly connected through a ethernet cable I think that is what it is called It looks like a yellow phone cable I'm not very technologically savvy All I know is that this issue arose after we upgraded to this new Cisco modem-router Previously with our old router modem I was able to connect to the wireless just fine The antivirus software on my laptop is Avast Attached is 7) Unidentified Issue: Wireless (Windows Network a screen capture of my ipconfig when I am not connected by the ethernet cable as well as my ipconfig when I am connected second screen capture Any help is greatly appreciated Edit Attached is my Xirrus log as well I hope I am doing this all correctly Thank you everyone in advance

A:Wireless Issue: Unidentified Network (Windows 7)

Quote: Originally Posted by lovelygarden

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. A few months ago, we upgraded our modem/router and got the Cisco DPC 3825. Our internet provider is Cox Communications. We have several laptops in our home and connect to our WiFi with our smartphones fine. However, my laptop is unable to identify this new modem/router. The only way I am able to connect is to be directly connected through a ethernet cable (I think that is what it is called? It looks like a yellow phone cable?).

I'm not very technologically savvy. All I know is that this issue arose after we upgraded to this new Cisco modem-router. Previously, with our old router/modem, I was able to connect to the wireless just fine.

The antivirus software on my laptop is Avast!

Attached is a screen capture of my ipconfig when I am not connected by the ethernet cable, as well as my ipconfig when I am connected (second screen capture). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Attached is my Xirrus log as well. I hope I am doing this all correctly. Thank you everyone in advance.

Ok, you have the tunnel adaptor problem which is nothing new.

To get rid of all those extra adaptors which is the cause of the connection problem you will need to run the file below which should delete all those extra adaptors.

There is a 32 and 64 bit version, you need to extract the file you need for your system "32 or 64 bit" and run the file then reboot.

It may require a reboot and a couple of tries to get rid of them all. Post the ipconfig/all again after you do that.

You will definitely want to update the firmware on this new router so as to make it compatible with your lap top which should prevent the problem from occurring again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308329-wireless-issue-unidentified-network-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello I have a desktop computer that I usually connect through ethernet to my home network using a d-link powerline adapter The other night it just randomly stopped working and had been working all day previously I have been looking for a fix for two days now and have achieved nothing I reset the resetlog txt using command prompt I have assured that my adapter is configured to automatically assign an IP address I have used a restore point to return my computer to a time when the internet was working and I have also refreshed Windows currently on build and none of this has Network 10 not windows even did refresh fix a of Issue, Unidentified fixed my issue I have an external wireless antenna that works fine and I get wifi through it without a problem As I'm sure you have already guessed I am not the most technically proficient person but I feel that I have exhausted all available resources to try to fix my problem so I come here asking for help Code Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Unidentified Network Issue, even a refresh of windows 10 did not fix Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -DE- -A - -FA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - C- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -DE- -A - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ac c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- C-DC- - -DE- -A - -F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - - - C- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b fd b cf a cc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- C-DC- - -DE- -A - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - C- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E DE F- FB - A-B EA- B AB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EFC F - A - -AF A- C E DF BAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users User gt

A:Unidentified Network Issue, even a refresh of windows 10 did not fix

If you attempt to troubleshoot the connection, what error do you get?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36366-unidentified-network-issue-even-refresh-windows-10-did-not-fix.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello guys Been looking though several forums now and tried several so called solutions but nothing fixed my problem So I hope you will be able to solve this problem for me Two days ago my connection to the internet went down I went to look at the router modem which told me that it was from my ISP s end I Windows Network 7 Unidentified issue Another - Solved: shut down the computer and went to bed Today I plugged in my new graphic card and turned on the computer and I no longer have a connection Router Modem blinks fine and the wireless is working just fine currently from which I m posting this thread This is what I ve done so far Uninstalled Bonjour and every single Apple connected program Switched back to my old graphic card to test whether that was causing some kind of problem Deactivated IVP Reinstalled Windows bit Resetted BIOS with the pin switching and im still a helpless fellow with no internet on my desktop Router modem Netgear CVG G Network adapter nForce i Motherboard Asus P N-e sli Hope you can will help me nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, I am running Windows 7.  About every ten minutes my wireless network adapter is disconnecting.  I am running Windows 7.  Is this usually caused by a virus of some sort?  It's not like it's on a timer from some kind of script though.  For example it's been working right now at least for the past 15 mins.   

The behavior is inconsistent also.  I say this because when I right click on the disconnected wifi connection (lower right in the tray) and select "Troubleshoot" about every one out of three times Windows will successfully reset the wireless network adapter.  The other two times it says it can't.  Does this provide a clue as to what it is?

Any help much appreciated.

A:Wireless network adapter - constantly disconnecting

Something that will cause this is wireless interference on a certain channel.

Logon to your router and change the Wifi channel (normally auto, channel 6).

Try channels up and down and see if that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585045/wireless-network-adapter-constantly-disconnecting/
Relevancy 75.25%

Pls help me out with the fine. is Network working internet 7 Windows Issue but unidentified following Windows unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine Unable to create hotspot What to do now IPv and IPv shows no internet connectivity C Users HOME gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HOME-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter netAccess Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description netAccess Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro ller NDIS Physical Address - - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine. - - - F- -FB- - - - - D- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CC -FEBA- AA -B E - B BBFA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B -A DD- BFB-B A-F BA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine.

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please check out this Tutorial.
Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot

Another one here:
http://sanjutalks.wordpress.com/2012...se-in-android/

You may also check out on Connectify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301605-windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-but-internet-working-fine.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi i have one bothersome problem with Windows and also Vista ok i have laptops one running Windows -bit and the other Vista -bit for some reason out of the blue both machines stopped getting access to the net and i have this ongoing message saying quot Limited Access No Connection quot and or quot Unidentified Network quot with the wireless with Network/Limited Connection issue Unidentified or No Access Windows 7 connections the strainge thing is both laptop sees my router but it would not connect NOW i have other laptops my old Compaq Presario V and a Dell Insparion D both Running Windows XP Pro and they connect to the router and my mom s Dell Mini running Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 Windows -bit that too connects to the router i ve tried every method possible even googled solutions to find a way to Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 fix the problem but to no avail since i have yet to a straight answer to fix it BTW i dont know if it has to do with teh fact that the laptops are running a -bit operating system and theres some incompatibility somewhere i mean im bout on the verge of giving up on fixing this and just wipe em both out and do a full re-installation as a last resort any pointers of how to quot properly quot fix this network issue nbsp

A:Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7

Hi Shadow,
I had a very similar issue when reinstalling xp pro onto a oldish laptop, again as with you my laptop could see my router but not connect, (a yellow triangle icon)

This is what I had to do perhaps/ I hope, it will work for you.

First I found a bit of free software that does not install but when run will give you all the info you need to know about your laptop, sorry was a while ago just google there is more than one.

This will let you know the exact wireless card you have in your system, then and it took me a bit of time to google and find the right one, download the latest driver for the wireless card.

Now I could connect by plugging a cable in and downloaded the update directly to the laptop in mention, however after running it it still did not work, so for some strange reason I re-downloaded it from another computer, copied it onto a pen drive and ran it from there and it worked.

Finding the correct driver can be a little tireless wading through the oh download and pay for my brilliant driver updater software, but somewhere in the middle of all that crap will be a genuine driver you need.

another option is go direct to the laptop manufacturers website and check if they have the driver's.

Worth a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-access-or-no-connection-issue-with-windows-7.961935/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I got my comcast internet connection this morning; I setup my wireless connection and its connecting fine with my office computer. Unfortunately personal computer (HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC in which Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 is installed) is not able to connect with the router. I even tried connecting my modem directly - NO Luck. It was connecting for couple of minutes and getting disconnected.

Both my office computer and my iPod are connecting fine with the wireless network but my personal computer is showing Connected (local access only) icon in the system tray. When I mouse over, its showing "Unidentified Network (<network name>"
Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Subeesh

A:Unidentified Network issue when connecting wireless n/w from Windows Vista Home Prem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-issue-when-connecting-wireless-n-w-from-windows-vista-home-prem.1012965/
Relevancy 72.24%

A few weeks ago, I started having a problem where if I signed out of AIM at nighttime, I'd be unable to sign back in for a couple hours. I recently replaced the router and now my AIM will randomly disconnect and reconnect itself all day and night. It does it every 30 minutes to a couple hours. I'm not exactly sure what info I should list:

Internet Service: HughesNet
Modem: HN7000s
Router: Belkin N+
Wireless USB Adapter: Linksys WUSB54GC
AIM version 5.9

My computer was recently reformatted so I don't think it's a virus issue and this also happens on Vista.

Relevancy 72.24%

Disconnecting and reconnecting (not the modem.. its the software)

My computer had a virus, and i was tryin to get rid of it.. kind of a long story. I had a process called services.exe from win.ini C:\windows\inet10009\services.exe. It showed up as a 'F1' in hijackthis. But i got rid of that with Win Tasks pro, well i think I did. Now the problem is .. i dton know if its with the whole connection or aim itself, but it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting. I reinstalled the software and everything. It is still doing the same thing.. is there a way i can find out if its just aim or all my programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-and-reconnecting.39912/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just recently built a new computer and everytime I disconnect the DVI cable from the video card i have to take out and put back the video card or else the computer wont boot up...does anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnecting-dvi-and-reconnecting.842405/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Why is it that my PC will not allow me to install Acrobat Reader run Spybot or run AVG without disconnecting reconnecting John Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows PC disconnecting/reconnecting XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer PC disconnecting/reconnecting v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe PC disconnecting/reconnecting C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA PC disconnecting/reconnecting Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Documents and Settings john My Documents My Received Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www orange co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Orange UK O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - HKLM Run AVG RegCleaner C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgregcl exe BOOT O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run winlogon C WINDOWS nvchost O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run iIWiper C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe m O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www orange co uk O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service LightScribeService - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe nbsp

A:PC disconnecting/reconnecting

i had a similaR PROBLEM
i removed myy isp and set it up again and all was fixed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-disconnecting-reconnecting.524325/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have installed AIM on my recently purchased Asus Bamboo and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every minutes It is driving me nuts I HAVE -tried installing aim It ALSO disconnects -rebooting computer and router Still disconnects -reinstalled both disconnecting and 7.3 keeps AIM reconnecting aim and multiple times Still disconnects -tried using pidgin and AIM AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at the same time Pidgin will not disconnect but AIM still does However AIM seems to disconnect a LOT LESS while running with pidgin sometimes it goes a full hours without DCing -googled solutions have been unable to find a solution most forums describe problems from vista and xp that were a couple years back i KNOW it is not my internet connection wireless or ethernet cables fault I have tested all of those extensively while running aim on other computers that don't disconnect and also surfing the web downloading streaming and playing games while running aim in the background all AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting work seamlessly but aim still disconnects PLEASE HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY and please don't suggest that I use third party clients AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting I will if I have to but I have tried all of them and I hate them I prefer to use AIM

A:AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Quote: Originally Posted by dhsiung

I have installed AIM 7.3 on my recently purchased Asus Bamboo, and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 minutes. It is driving me nuts!

I HAVE
-tried installing aim 5.9. It ALSO disconnects.
-rebooting computer and router. Still disconnects.
-reinstalled both aim 5.9 and 7.3 multiple times. Still disconnects.
-tried using pidgin and AIM at the same time. Pidgin will not disconnect, but AIM still does. However, AIM seems to disconnect a LOT LESS while running with pidgin(sometimes it goes a full 2 hours without DCing).
-googled solutions. have been unable to find a solution; most forums describe problems from vista and xp that were a couple years back.

i KNOW it is not my internet connection, wireless or ethernet cables fault. I have tested all 3 of those extensively while running aim on other computers that don't disconnect, and also surfing the web, downloading, streaming, and playing games while running aim in the background. all work seamlessly, but aim still disconnects.

PLEASE HELP. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

and please don't suggest that I use third party clients. I will if I have to, but I have tried all of them and I hate them. I prefer to use AIM.

Check event viewer to see if the disconnects are logged

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/109359-aim-7-3-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have no idea why, it JUST started happening yesterday. And I have downloaded nothing, in fact, I have hardly done anything for this to happen. I realize SP3 has come out, but that should NOT affect my keyboard, since even still it is optional.

Really, it keeps doing it frequently, and even now, truly annoying. my mouse keeps working though. And yes, it IS plugged in, and not being shaken or anything.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Intel(R) CPU 2.53GHz
2.53 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Any other info, tell me and I'll probably need advice on how to do it as well... Thank you.

(I also tried googling this first but to no avail, it was unsolved.)

A:Keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

The keyboard is USB, it happens in any slot, it could be the ports. The thing is it only starts disconnecting when I start using it, and the mouse has no problems until the keyboard disconnects for about 3 minutes then reconfigures all the keys to do weird things and my mouse to be put on handicapped mode.

I thought it could be a virus, or malware, but AVG shows nothing, other than a trojan which I deleted, and I am going to do more checks with the programs you say work well for malware(was going to yesterday but the site was down).

Any responses requesting more information, I would be happy to oblige. Thank you for your time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-271233.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So, I got a new internet service provider a few week ago, now I am having issues with my internet. What happens is every random minutes or so, my internet for my pc, keeps disconnecting me from the internet then a few seconds later, it connects me again. This is very annoying when I am gaming, if anyone could help me please! I want to get this problem over with. I already tried deleting my network adapter and that didn't do anything, and I also restarted my router, which didn't do anything either. I connect to my internet with an Ethernet cable (wired), this doesn't seem to be happening to the wifi and I don't notice any lights from router/modem.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I would uninstall the ethernet/NIC driver and then reboot and reinstall same...the current installed driver may be damaged.

Have you contacted your ISP, since you seem to indicate that troubles began with the change?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620234/internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys I have this problem with my wifi internet.
It works fine for about 3 minutes, then drops a few bars in connectivity for about 20s, then fully disconnects before reconnecting in around one minutes time. This pattern keeps on repeating. The internet wifi on my phone and my girlfriend's laptop works completely fine. This started happening around 2 weeks ago and has been very frustrating. The two months before that, (when I moved into this house) there were no problems with the internet.
The internet is stable in Safe Mode with Networking, thats why I think there is something wrong/

I have scanned with malwarebytes full scan coming up with 0 results. Clean booting doesn't seem to fix it either.

I am using Windows 7.

Thanks in Advance.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello -
Are other people using the internet at the time that this happens ??
Has the ISP been contacted about this problem, or do you still think it may be an infection ??

Please run these few scans. Download them to desktop, and Copy and Paste all replies.
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 users may need to Right click and Run as administrator.

First -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Please post your last Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Full scan.
Update and rescan if it was over 2 days ago.
The scan results are found by opening the program and Logs are at the top.
These will be dated, so you can check your last one.

Next -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes.
Copy and paste that log.

NOW : * Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Untick any known good programs, or post that log first if you are not sure
* Next : Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next -
Once you are satistied with AdwCleaner .......
Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu and save it to your Desktop.
* Close all open programs and  Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7 / 8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
* Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs) and other junkware to include many related registry entires (values, keys)

EDIT - Is there any problem if you connect by Ethernet cable to your computer -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527583/internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 71.38%

Like the title said i keep disconnecting and reconnecting from my internet every 5minutes i would say then reconnect in 30seconds. I am using wireless, but if i use a ethernet then i won't have any trouble.

Relevancy 71.38%

Actually i've tried alot of solution to solve the problem .. but as in the title above .. im still facing the same problem ..
the modem router is connecting with the desktop (XP) and my laptop is connecting using wifi .. whenever the desktop is disconnecting , my laptop disconnected also ..
when i try to ping www.google.com.my .. it works fine for a period .. but when the problem is occured, it shows request timed out and a moment later it will shows reply from 192.168.1.1 : destination host unreachable .. and the DSL and internet light will disappear .. this really irritating me for a few days already .. and sorry for the bad english ..

Relevancy 71.38%

THERE IS NO CORRECT BOARD, SO I SELECT ANYTHING. I have HP ProBook 470 G2.   I find one problem with USB3 ports.  External hard drives disconnecting and reconnecting. They work fine on PC USB3 When I connect the external hard drive to the new laptop throught USB 3.0 port, it gets randomly disconnecting and reconnecting continuously, even when I am not using it. Also happens if I connect to another usb 3.0 port. Also I have observed that If I connect the external hard drive to a USB 2.0 port instead of an USB 3.0 port all work ok, no randomly disconnection and reconnection occurs. It only happens when I connect it to an USB 3.0   Never have such problem on old HP ProBook 4540S laptop.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/USB-3-0-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5567723
Relevancy 71.38%

i have a normal hp mouse that doesnt require any software to use. it disconnects randomly from time to time as i play games and use windows. i tried my mouse on my friends computer for a few minutes it worked perfectly. i bought a new mouse from a shop and used it .... although the new mouse didnt disconnect it started to shiver on screen while i didnt even touch the mouse... please help me guys ... i ordered a razer abyssus thinking it was a problem with my mouse but i want to figure out wheather the fault is in my pc or the peripheral device thank you soo much in advance for any help that u give me

A:Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello D have you tried updating the driver mate? Either through the Control Panel of the manufacturers site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270202-mouse-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 71.38%

USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win 8.1 x64 on x61t on the slightest movement, but inconsistently. Files are getting corrupted! I've disabled airbag protection. I've disabled power saving options on USB ports. I can't seem to fix this. I've installed every windows update I found mention of on the internet.  Could it be that the motherboard is damaged? Seems unlikely given that I get the same problem with usb ports on both left and right side of the machine.  Do I have to bid old faithful farewell? Many others report this problem on other computers. I also wonder if it's a problem with lenvo's new power management drivers delivered via windows update. 

A:USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win ...

Hello,

Just to rule out it being a hardware issue, have you tried booting the ThinkPad X61t from a Linux Live USB/ISO disc and seeing if the problem still occurs under that different operating system?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/USB-devices-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-in-Win-8-1-x64-on/td-p/2271398
Relevancy 71.38%

Last night I bought Mass Effect on steam This Internet disconnecting/reconnecting morning it was at Well I got annoyed at the slow download speed I was getting in steam so I decided to set the Internet disconnecting/reconnecting bandwidth settings from Mbps to Internet disconnecting/reconnecting because recently I upgraded from a to service to a Mbps service Well it actually worked I started getting download speeds anywhere from kbps to mbps But as soon as these great download speeds started my internet would disappear after anywhere from min to mins I ve never had this problem since I got this router or my new internet with their cable modem And there is no connection even to the modem so I m pretty sure it s not the router And when I normally use the internet my activity light on my modem is blinking but when I turn on my steam download it is solid So I m wondering if it has anything to do with the good download speed I m getting Does the ISP see that I m using a lot of bandwidth and shut me down Edit ok I started steam and as soon as I did the activity light went solid again- I paused the download and it went back to blinking So I went into AvP classic - which just got updated recently for multiplayer and I as soon as I started looking for a mp game to play the activity light went solid again and after playing for a couple mins I got disconnected the scoreboard still showed people but there wasn t anyone but I didn t get actually cut off I was still in game Edit If I use a speed test while it s doing the actual download or upload test the activity light stays solid but as soon as it finishes it goes back to blinking I don t understand it and I don t understand why it would happen now I haven t changed anything else edit yes another edit well this time I disconnected my router- plugged the modem directly to my laptop It did the same exact thing So it s not the router nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting/reconnecting

Check with your internet provider.....some restrict usage during peak times no matter the bandwidth you are paying to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-reconnecting.142199/
Relevancy 71.38%

So a few weeks ago we switched from Comcast Internet to Verizon FIOS disconnecting reconnecting internet New and keeps and now my internet connection has been disconnecting and reconnecting every couple of minutes I remember this happening last year and we fixed it by plugging in my IP address and DNS Server instead of having the box checked to automatically detect them This worked It s not working now I ve tried directly connecting to the modem and that s not working Also when I try and play a video file from the internet now on Windows Media it says that it s not connected to the internet and I ve been tryin to update my real player and it won t update cause it says I m not connected even though I am connected for both of them I don t know if this has anything to do with anything but I restarted my computer last night and when it rebooted a dialog box pops up saying that i m missing a file called logon I forget exactly what it said cause I freaked and just clicked ok any help would be GREATLY appreciated cause this is New internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting getting really annoying I m on a Gateway Notebook and it s running WINDOWS XP nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hey there!

my internet keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting after for some reason. I am using wifi on my computer to connect to the internet and every other computer in the house uses same thing and works fine. But my computer keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting to internet for some reason. It just started a couple days ago. Sometimes it goes a couple minutes before disconnecting and sometimes it disconnects after a couple hours but it keeps doing it and is really annoying.

Is there any way I can fix this problem?

Thanks,

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and ten reconnecting

The first thing I would do is run to the manufacturer's website for your wireless device
then download and reinstall the latest version of the driver/software they have.
It's possible that alone could fix the problem.

I would also look at power options to make sure nothing related to connection is set to disable/reduce power EVER.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199807-internet-keeps-disconnecting-ten-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I'm aware there's already plenty of documentation on this but I've tried literally everything I can find from a google search and nothing has helped I've tried New mouse updating reinstalling drivers removing all the USB entries in device manager and letting them reinstall after deleting a file i forget the name that contains information about USB devices so windows regenerates it reinstalling windows updating windows turning off all possible related power management options different USB ports registry cleaning microsoft USB disconnecting Mouse and reconnecting quot hotfixes quot and USB Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting checking for any corrupted values in my registry The exact mouse I'm using is the beyondtek z- mouse amp keyboard The keyboard works perfectly the mouse is the only device that reconnects every so often The intervals are inconsistent ranging from a few seconds to a few hours It started happening when the mouse was brand new and with a brand new windows installation It happened with the mouse I was using before too so I don't think it's a hardware issue My computer is a Toshiba satellite c - running windows home premium bit I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to fix this

A:USB Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello and welcome BC mate sounds like (to me) the mouse needs returning to the seller or manufacturer if this has been happening since new then it is probably some internal issue (in the mouse).

PS Meant to ask are you using separate ports or a hub??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368825-usb-mouse-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop is continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting reconnecting and Continuosly disconnecting to the internet The Continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting connection might start stable for like an hour after starting my laptop and then disconnect for a second or two and immediately reconnect and again work fine for a while Or sometimes right after starting my laptop the on off circus Continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting starts immediately and I need to reboot The connection is never gone for more than a few seconds and works fine when it well works This started to occurr after I switched from Comodo firewall antivirus to the built in windows firewall amp Microsoft security essentials My idea was to keep my pc as quot default quot as possible and felt like it was stupid to let the built in firewall just rot in there since it supposedly is prefectly fine for a normal user I had problems with uninstalling Comodo and I believe some traces are still left It's unbelievable how hard they have made it to uninstall hehe Perhaps it's Comodo's ghost's doings And yeah I'm using wlan and wlans are famous for not working but it has always worked for me before Modem is Telewell EA I believe I know how to change access its settings if needed but got no idea what to change if thats the problem Got mb connection I'd really like to keep using the built in firewall amp security essentials so help me oh wise ones I'm using Windows Home Premium bit

A:Continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting

the best thing for you pc is to let it stand on it feet without any additional helper because sometimes those additional helper who might help messed up your pc. and talk about hard time uninstalling comodo. do you uninstall it fine from add/remove ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85285-continuosly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 71.38%

hi messenger msn disconnecting/reconnecting im new here and im not too sure where to put this so i hope this is the right place my msn messnger would log in but it would only show some of the people on my list i have about or so people on my list but only half of them would show up and after seconds or so it would show the rest of them but after minute it would disconnect me automatically and try to reconnect me again and it would repeat the process over and over again so for now ive been using web messenger but i would really like to get msn messenger back up and running again here is my hiijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM msn messenger disconnecting/reconnecting on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe C Program Files Echovoice Gamer Statistics G Echovoice Gamer Statistics exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files MagicTune Premium GammaTray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files MagicTune Premium MagicTuneEngine exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files PC Wizard PC Wizard exe C Program Files PC Wizard pcwizard dll C Program Files Codemasters Archlord alefclient exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe quot O - HKLM Run Echovoice Gamer Statistics C Program Files Echovoice Gamer Statistics G Echovoice Gamer Statistics exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup GammaTray lnk O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe O - Service ForceWare Intellig... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/msn-messenger-disconnecting-reconnecting-224498.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm quite sure this isn't a mouse issue like a intermittent cable or such But i hear that sound that you get when you pull a active USB device out of it's socket and the mouse is frozen then a few seconds later the reconnect sound and the mouse starts working again It happens no matter which USA port i use and i cannot make it happen by wiggling the cable It is also very intermittent in when it keeps then USB disconnecting reconnecting mouse does it It might work fine for most of the day then all of a sudden it disconnects USB mouse keeps disconnecting then reconnecting and reconnects several times USB mouse keeps disconnecting then reconnecting over the course of a minute or so then stops doing it for up to a day Nothing was changed since this started and the USB drivers are the original ones i haven't updated and the mouse driver has no new driver since i bought it about mo ago It's a roccat gaming mouse I think this is a USB issue but i can't think of what could have caused it to just start happening out of the blue

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400438-usb-mouse-keeps-disconnecting-then-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a rather old Linksys WUSB11 Wireless-B USB adapter that worked fine with my old D-Link DSL-2640T Wireless G router. However when I changed to D-Link DIR-615 router, problem arises. My USB adapter keeps disconnecting for a few minutes and reconnects to the router. Signal strength was averagely 3 bars that time. It was used on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Any idea on why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless USB adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

hi

USB is notorious for being flaky and i would and have always advised against using it, however you could try changing the channel on your router to another number this may fix the issue for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adapter-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.165868/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been having problems lately with my ethernet and charger disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes my charger wont even reconnect unless i unplug it from the 2nd cord, plug it back in. This has been happening over the past week now.

A:Ethernet and Charger keep disconnecting and reconnecting

Does the power socket at the PC end feel loose?If yes, then it may be a bad socket or a socket that may have become loose over a period of time.Although this sort of this is rare, I would sugegst you to try and see if moving the power cable in its place makes any difference.If not then it could be a bad AC Adapter.Have you tried with another/spare AC adapter?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-and-Charger-keep-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5773911
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a new Toshiba Portege R930 64 Bit running Win 8
One month into using I am now having trouble with WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting. I am running other computers (1 Toshibha Portege R750 Win 7 and iPad amongst others) on the same wireless network without this issue.
It is very annoying as I use skype for international calls and they always drop. If I switch to the other Toshiba or iPad then problem stops. I have installed Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector - no issues with router or wifi.

I have noticed on the net, many people having the same issue.

A:WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting Win 8

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

As you have xirrus please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

lets see the following please

ipconfig /all
Three Ping tests
xirrus screen shot
Device Manager Screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.
ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the r... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-periodically-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-win-8-a-693665.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey All I am not very good with computers and networking etc but I will do my best to explain what is going on I have a wireless disconnecting/reconnecting connection Internet modem so my router is with the modem My internet connection will disconnect and then reconnect in - seconds every few minutes It does it on my desktop computer and it also does it on my phone with the same connection When I try to diagnose problem with windows I get a message that says something like quot Connection between access point router cable modem and internet is broken quot I Internet connection disconnecting/reconnecting also got the message an Ethernet cable is unplugged but I don t think I Internet connection disconnecting/reconnecting have one since I use a wireless modem I did a windows IP config with the internetz help and copied it here Any suggestions Thank you all in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tobys-Pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd in comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - -AE-D -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd in comcast net Description Ralink RT R bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - -AE-D -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f c d d Preferred Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Thursday March AM IPv Address f c d b b Preferred Temporary IPv Address f c f a cb b e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday March AM Lease Expires Thursday March AM Default Gateway fe ee ff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -C - - - - B- E- -B DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - B- E- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd in comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd in comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd c fc bbd c f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c fc bbd c f Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -C - - - - B- E- -B NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I am having problems with my wifi connection, it has been going on for a while now, i got it fixed by a computer guy but then i had to reset my entire computer and now my internet will stay on for about a minute or two and then disconnect again and so on but after a certain period of time (2-3 hrs usually) it will stay connected until my computer gets shut down.. I am on an Acer Aspire 5315-2822 i have disconnected the "acer empowering technology" and i know that has nothing to do with the problem because it was always disconnected when my internet ran steady. There are 4 other networks in my area, if that means anything?Not to mention im using windows vista. This problem is getting extremely frustrating, so the help would be appreciated

A:wireless internet disconnecting and reconnecting

Welcome to TSG:
When you say "reset my computer",what does that mean? A re-install of the operating system ?
Perhaps interference from one of the surrounding nets.
Let's see what they look like :
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.985695/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, so basicaly my problem is stated in the title, I've tried everything, disabled the auto channel on router and fixed it on 3-7, checked powersaving and checked wifi card to be used at max performance even on battery, i even enabled ECN and congestion control in win7 and used Wi-fi Optimizer and i still couldn't pin point the issue.
According to it the signal is "Excelent" yet when i need it to be stable it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically almost with a pace, i can't tell what may be causing this, i also disabled bluetooth.

Edit: I live in the outskirts and I used Xirrus Wi-fi Inspector to see if there are any other connections that could jam or overlap and mine is the only one, so it's not that.

A:Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automaticaly

[guess]
Have you checked power and heat? If it is dropping under load it could be either one.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586197/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-automaticaly/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi everyone my computer has been giving me some problems recently The problem I m having is that my mouse a Logitech G gaming mouse will randomly stop working my computer will freeze for a second and then it will reconnect It makes the sound like I m disconnecting connecting it via USB So far I ve tried updating my mouse drivers and for my keyboard too disconnecting and Mouse itself? Solved: reconnecting which is a Logitech G gaming keyboard switched to all possible USB ports on my computer and tried a general system clean up No luck at all The wire on my mouse isn t frayed or broken at any point either this problem occurs sometimes when I don t even move my mouse Here are some details about my computer OS Windows Ultimate updated with newest service pack CPU Intel i gHz Graphics card GIGABYTE Radeon HD GB RAM GB Thank you in advance If there is any other information that is required please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I am having problems with my internet connection dropping every day usually around - times per keeps disconnecting/reconnecting connection My internet day Internet goes off for a second or two and it comes back Usually this wouldn't be a problem for me but I am a professional poker player and every time internet goes off I loose all my active tables in poker lobbys due to reconnect which is unacceptable and a serious problem for me I have tried this now on both Windows x as well as windows x and same problem continue to happen after freshly formatting my PC I am connected directly to my ISP modem and I have also connected another computer laptop in same way to determine if it's a My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting computer issue and this problem isn't happening on my laptop What Have I done so far -Updated latest driver changed cables disabling and replacing LAN cards disabling sleep modes -Formatted my My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting computer Went back to win from win as I thought this might be the issue but it isn't -Tried removing programs such as NOD Utorrent etc -Talked with ISP who replaced the modem and confirmed it is stable and not dropping connection My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting on their side I'm not sure what else to do and I'm out of options so hopefully some of you might help me figure out what's causing this Since the latest format yesterday I have so far installed just the programs as you can see below in my attachment keep in mind that all these programs are on my laptop as well where everything works normal except for hardware specific drivers of course

A:My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Check the Power Management tab of your network adapter...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20449-my-internet-connection-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my USB wireless network adapter. I'm not sure whether the operating system is the problem. Basically what happens is the adapter will disconnect every now and again (a few times a week), and I can't reconnect to any network until I disable the adapter and then re-enable it. This isn't just a problem limited to my PC, my laptop does the same thing and my girlfriend's laptop too, and a few other people I've asked who use wireless adapters.

As this seems to be such a common problem, I suppose what I really want is just to know why this happens? Is it limited to Vista and Windows 7 or is it to do with the adapters themselves?

Thanks!

A:Wireless adapter disconnecting and not reconnecting

can we see the following when its connected OK and also repeat all the tests when disconnected - see below
also lets see what the wireless environment looks like- post back xirrus - see below

This isn't just a problem limited to my PC, my laptop does the same thing and my girlfriend's laptop too, Click to expand...

is this with your adapter or when connected to your router or just a generic statement - a little more detail would help

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-disconnecting-and-not-reconnecting.960903/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey,
I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse (wired) which I've had for about 2 or so years. Recently, it has started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Some of the time, it doesn't automatically reconnect, so I have to unplug the USB connector and replug it back in.

I've tried setting my device settings to not automatically sleep to save power and I've also tried buying a new USB card for my PC, both of which did not work.

What's unusual is that the mouse seems to work on my netbook which, with the other solutions I've tried, leads me to believe it is something to do with settings on my PC rather than hardware.

Does anyone have any insight into why is this happening and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

A:Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Its probably the fault of the mouse. Once it disconnects, try pushing the wire into either end of the mouse and see if it reconnects.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297576-mouse-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Oddly, in this "always connected" world, I am trying to do just the opposite. I am trying to create a quick shortcut, or method, to disable both the LAN and WiFi connections on a Windows 7 home premium computer.

Maybe there is some script, batch-file, or registry tweak that can be used. Any one have a way to accomplish this.

Thanks

A:Disconnecting & Reconnecting Internet via shortcut

go to your network connections, right cllick on adapter, create shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/391275-disconnecting-reconnecting-internet-via-shortcut.html
Relevancy 70.52%

For the past 4 days my internet would disconnect and reconnect frequently. It would sometimes d/c for around 4 secs and sometimes for around 20. When this does happen, the lights on my router (linksys befsr41) would sort of freeze, and the lights on my modem would act as if i restarted the modem. I tried restarting the modem by unplugging it for 30 secs, same with the router. This happens randomly, while browsing the internet, playing an online game, using an instant messenger, in ventrillo.

I called Comcast and they said it has nothing to do with an outage within the area, but a technician is comming here on Friday.

im using windows xp

A:Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

Sounds like the modem may be dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-randomly.812810/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I am having trouble gaming because my laptop keeps either disconnecting then reconnecting or says connected but no internet access then shortly after changes back to normal.I am on a toshiba satellite s4102. what can i do to fix this problem?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6051 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1262 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 698475 MB, Free - 616295 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, POQAA
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Disabled

Relevancy 70.52%

i have a problem...

i have a Linksys Router (Model: BEFSR41 v.4.1), and each time i play an online game, downloading files, or running a server my router keeps disconnecting and reconnecting over and over every second almost thus killing my connections.

is there a remedy to this troublesome problem, if so please let me know.

Relevancy 70.52%

Like the title states: my external dvd drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from both the front and rear USB ports of my PC. It appears in Device Manager for a second and then disappears. The drive is connected via a SATA/USB converter and plugged directly into an electrical socket.

It also makes loading and ejecting sounds.

This is really frustrating at this point...

Thanks for your input!

A:External DVD Drive keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Is this a laptop?

How often does it connect/disconnect?

Does it do it while in use or after being left alone?

Is your computer putting it to sleep?

Change your power plan to max performance and see if the problem goes away.

If it does we can tweak the settings and go bacvk to your normal power plan

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25706-external-dvd-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So I have this pretty sweet flash drive GB and USB I used it for a while but it wasn't fast enough so I enabled write caching The downside to write caching is that unplugging the flash drive without ejecting is more dangerous I don't know if this was the problem or even when the problem started but one day my flash drive stopped working A while later it started saying it was unformatted I forgot what I did But today I went to format it After plugging it in the quot You need to format this drive to format it Would you like to do that now quot popped up I closed it then it popped up again And again And again and again and again These windows also interuppted whatever I was doing being thrusted on top of all the other windows Also they happened every single second reconnecting second. disconnecting every Flash and keeps drive On quot Computer quot I could see my flash drive disappearing and reappearing for a Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. brief moment every second System Specs Intel i - M CPU GHz Intel HD Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Graphics Jealous GB RAM Windows professional service pack TOSHIBA Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Laptop DXDiag Pastebin com I recently enabled my paging file if that means anything That's all I can remember doing I'm pretty much unable to do anything with the drive because I only have time to type one letter before yet another formatting window pops up Also the drive keeps disconnecting or something so any formats will fail I have used a USB SSD and other flash drive today and they both worked fine

A:Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
What exact model flash drive sweet is not a specific description

I'd say the error would most like say must initialize caused by not properly removing the device
let windows initialize it you pretty much have no choice as far as I know :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388540-flash-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting-every-second.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Ever since i started using Windows my mouse and my audio drivers seem to keep resetting I have made device Mouse and Audio reconnecting disconnecting, and keep sure all my drivers for all my Windows components are up to date I was using the built-in RealTech audio that came with my Asus P Z V motherboard and every few minutes I would see the little message pop up saying it detected that I just plugged an audio device and about as often my mouse would suddenly stop working and then reconnect both would be followed by that sound windows makes when it just detected a new device had been disconnected So it's almost like Windows is resetting my IRQ or DMA or something or it just drops the port and opens it again I can verify that I am not constantly unplugging my speaker jack and mouse so its not me I even went into the BIOS and disabled the on-board sound and installed a sound Blaster X-Fi card and it made no difference I tried connecting my Logitech MX mouse to another USB port and it did not help I am using a Logitech G keyboard so I relocated my mouse to a USB port on the keyboard and it seems to do it a bit less often lt Audio device and Mouse keep disconnecting, and reconnecting shrug gt This problems happens all the time no matter if I am playing a Audio device and Mouse keep disconnecting, and reconnecting game browsing the internet etc The sound will stop for about a half second or the mouse will freeze and then they reconnect as if nothing happened except for the Windows default sound event for quot device disconnect quot They do not disconnect together or at the same time they are cutting in out independently from each other Sometimes twice in a second period other times not at all for min or so

A:Audio device and Mouse keep disconnecting, and reconnecting

I should add that the motherboard was bought at the same time as Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/217684-audio-device-mouse-keep-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

A:wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.41152/
Relevancy 70.09%

I followed the instructions from an old post and got this info Can anyone help Windows Vista service pack Toshiba satellite a PLEASE HELP very frustrated at this point I can follow directions well built disconnecting and wireless keeps connection reconnecting in thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stephanie gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Stephanie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy built in wireless connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List dlink Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E- C- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b e f bb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- -CD- - - B- - - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - B- - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink Description isatap dlink Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C DFE -BDD - - - EA br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cbf f ff Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cbf f ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Stephanie gt ping Usage ping -t -a -n count -l size -f -i TTL -v TOS -r count -s count -j host-list -k host-list -w timeout -R -S srcaddr - - target name Options -t Ping the specified host until stopped To see statistics and continue - type Control-Break To stop - type Control-C -a Resolve addresses to hostnames -n count Number of echo requests to send -l size Send buffer size -f Set Don t Fragment flag in packet IPv -only -i TTL Time To Live -v TOS Type Of Service IPv -only -r count Record route for count hops IPv -only -s count Timestamp for count hops IPv -only -j host-list Loose source route along host-list IPv -only -k host-list Strict source route along host-list IPv -only -w timeout Timeout in milliseconds to wait for each reply -R Use routing header to test reverse route also IPv -only -S srcaddr Source address to use - Force using IPv - Force using IPv C Users Stephanie gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Stephanie gt C Users Stephanie gt PING yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Stephanie gt nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all I'm currently messing around with an Wireless and disconnecting repeatedly Card reconnecting old desktop computer Windows XP with a view to possibly upgrading the overall system and finding a use for it however I've come across an issue I can't get my head around The computer connects to the internet wirelessly however for some unknown reason it keeps disconnecting then reconnecting sporadically but typically every couple of minutes I'm not sure if this is an issue with the wireless card as other devices mobile phones tablets and laptops have no problems connecting wirelessly and don't disconnect reconnect in this way Wireless Card repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting All the drivers are up to date and having had a quick search round the web no real fix has been provided Just curious to know if this machine or wireless card has seen better days and or if there's something I could do to fix it before purchasing more RAM media card OS system et al Sure I'll probably need to provide more info so just let me know and I'll get it for you as requested Thanks in advance for reading and for any all responses

A:Wireless Card repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting

What XP SP do you have. It is SP3?

What is the make and model of the desktop or MB if a custom build. How much Ram do you currently have installed? Is your XP at SP3? You can check this kb article.

Right click the wireless adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

If the desktop is using a Wireless Card you could try a USB wireless adapter like this for your desktop if your computer supports USB 2.0. I would look at replacing the Wireless card first before updating anything else. That would be the cheapest route.

If you plan on upgrading the system you could look at a linux distro like Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Running a Live CD, you may find there is no Wireless problem. You would need 1GB or RAM to run comfortably though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567414/wireless-card-repeatedly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently made a new computer and its unplugging my computer and replugging it when I plug in my headphones into the front panel. When I connect the headphones to the motherboard in the back it works fine.
This wasnt an issue before so I suspect its nothing with wrong with hardware unless I am mistaken. What could be the problem?

-thank you
-hieya

A:Audio jack disconnecting/reconnecting glitch

Sounds like a problem, either with the front panel assembly on the case or the wiring/connection to the motherboard from the front panel. If your case, like many, came with two audio connectors (AC97 and HD Audio), you should be using the HDAudio. However, if it has both and the HDAudio is what you are now using, try the AC97 to see if it makes a difference. The HDAudio has sensing (when a headset is plugged in or out) that the AC97 does not have.

If this is not the issue, please expand on the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/389056-audio-jack-disconnecting-reconnecting-glitch.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I'm connecting a Lexar CFR1 Compact Flash card reader to the USB 3.0 port on the right side of a HP ENVY Notebook - 17-r107na. This card reader is continiously connecting and disconnecting from the Laptop, this happens every 5-10 seconds.  I've tried all USB ports on the Laptop and the card reader behaves the same way. I know the card reader works fine on another PC. I know another USB 3.0 device, a WD My Passport Ultra works fine on the laptop and I can copy files to and from it. Please help me solve this, I really need for this to work as I need to transfer files from my DSLR. Regards Neil.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Lexar-CFR1-continuously-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5619779
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi
for no obvious reason my transcend store jet 25M3 1TB suddenly started on disconnecting and right away reconnecting
but only from my front USB3 port (p.s. i have another external HDD exactly the same just a drop more new that i can't decide if it also has the problem but if it does for sure not at the extend of the first one)
what i already did
i already disabled the USB power settings
downloaded the latest USB3 drivers
installed the latest firmware for the hard drive
it's the same PC as my specs
what could i do
thanks

A:External hard drive keeps disconnecting then reconnecting

please i am desperate no on knows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369158-external-hard-drive-keeps-disconnecting-then-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello a couple of months ago my internet Insight Broadband began to randomly disconnect and reconnect and recently it has become more frequent every - minutes I connect to my internet wirelessly through a linksys router It s not my laptop because our desktop and xbox experience the same frequent disconnects and reconnects I ve tried the dns flush with no success Ive also changed the wireless channel to to prevent any interference Also our linksys router is about years old which could be the cause but i d like to elimate all other possibilities first And finally every time i click diagnose connection I receive reconnecting? Internet connection disconnecting help! and randomly the error quot Your computer appears to be correctly configred but the device or resource DNS server is not responding And just recently our internet has become very slow youtube videos taking longer to buffer with many pauses EDIT I eliminated the possibility of my router itself being at fault as when I plugged my xbox or laptop or desktop directly into the modem the same frequent disconnects and reconnects occured Here s a copy of my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright Internet connection randomly disconnecting and reconnecting? help! c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Patrick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Patrickscomputr Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF-AD- D- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - - -B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -B -C - -AE- D-EC-EA-DA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - B-F -FB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AD D B- - D A-AA -E C D CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA EE- F - E -AD - B D C Media... Read more

Relevancy 70.09%

ok so im sure you have seen this all before its a common issue but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how i have already tried all the fixes i could find on the internet i disabled quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on every port i also went to power settings and disabled use selective suspend setting on EVERY POWER PROFILE and i also updated the usb extensible drivers and the intel series intel chipset drivers but everytime i disconnecting drive USB keeps i move reconnecting files 3.0 and when plug my external HDD to my new laptop the first port sometimes just keep connecting and disconnecting instantly and on the second port it connects and stay connected but if i move a big file it will start flickering on and off small files i can move and yes i know about the radiation USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files that devices output and i have moved the drive away from the laptop last step is to disable wifi and try again didnt work ps usb ports work fine

A:USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

Dell inspiron USB 3.0 Problem - YouTube

i have this problem whenever i connect a usb 3 on a usb 3 port. Is it the same thing?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/31879-usb-3-0-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting-when-i-move-files.html
Relevancy 70.09%

That's pretty much it, Although I did have an issue with the sound too but I fixed it when I installed VIA Hd Audio, I've never gotten my mic to work however.

I'm using a headset (Turtle Beach X12) The mix definitely does work, I can hear myself talk through my headset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/385007-problem-microphone-disconnecting-reconnecting-really-fast.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing a problem with my USB mouse. what happens is it randomly disconnects for about 1-2 seconds, only to reconnect afterwards. During this time my cursor freezes for the whole duration of the process. It occurs at random intervals and an entire disconnect/reconnect spree can last up to an hour. I hear the Windows sound that notifies me something has been disconnected(and then reconnected), and I get a small popup from my taskbar saying "touchpad driver disabled notification" every disconnect/reconnect

A:USB mouse problem, freezing, disconnecting, reconnecting

From post #1

Quote:
"touchpad driver disabled notification"

Your specs show this.

Quote:
Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Windows 7 x86

How long has Windows 7 been installed on this computer and where did you get Windows 7 from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348978-usb-mouse-problem-freezing-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Guys,

I use the Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 with my Samsung Laptop and the USB port disconnects and reconnects the mouse often. This makes it tough to use the mouse with my computer.

I connected my phone onto the same port for syncing and didn't have issues. Could this be a problem with the mouse (2 months old) or the laptop (4 months old)?

PS. I have unchecked Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power for all the ports, but the problem still persists.

Waiting for your response.

Relevancy 70.09%

hello
i have an acer timeline as3810t (windows 7) which i bought recently
from time to time eveyday it dissconnects from the internet then reconnects

this is very annoying
please help

A:how to stop my new acer from disconnecting / reconnecting from the internet HELP!!

Post back an xirrius screen shot - see below
and then would do the following (ipconfig /all and pings - see below) when its connected OK and then repeat ALL the test and post those when reconnected again

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-my-new-acer-from-disconnecting-reconnecting-from-the-internet-help.952248/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi everyone I have a problem with my internet connection First I've tried a PCI Wi-Fi card and a repeater and nothing change My computer have spiking, reconnecting Ethernet is and connection disconnecting a problem with the internet connection When I play games like Counter-Strike I'm spiking and I Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting have some rollback every s Here's a picture of my internet connection in the task manager As you can see I'm spiking alot Sometimes my PC disconnect from the router even when it's wired What I tried - Recovery - Flush DNS - Renew IP - Uninstall Install network drivers and adapter - Uninstall Install general drivers And nothing worked except one thing Fix network connection issues - Windows Help Type netsh Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting winsock reset and press Enter Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter Type ipconfig release and press Enter Type ipconfig renew and press Enter Type ipconfig flushdns and press Enter It's working for like minutes and then I'm spiking and lagging again I suppose it's a DNS IP problem I need to do it again every time I want to play minutes Anyone have a idea Thanks PS When I'm browsing on chrome I don't see the spike effects only when I play or skype

A:Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting

Try, changing your DNS router to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. These are the public google DNS routers. I had gaming issues and changing to these DNS fixed my problem, Internet problems with my ISP.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43400-ethernet-connection-spiking-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok so my internet connection has recently started disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 mins or so. It has never done this before and has started doing it out of the blue. It doesn't even appear to have cut out by the icon at the bottom but it does stuff like stop youtube videos from loading or when I am playing online poker or online gaming it will cut out for about 30 seconds before reconnecting again. It is quite frustrating and I am yet to have found any help anywhere online so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: Internet has started disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-has-started-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-intermittently.1061361/
Relevancy 69.23%

Im new here and im not sure if i posted in the right place so please bear with me anyway laptop specs USB glitch Mouse Freezing/stuttering/disconnecting/reconnecting - HP Compaq Presario CQ Windows Ultimate bit AMD Anthlon Dual-Core QL- Mhz Cores Logical Processor BIOS Hewlett-Packard F Symptoms USB Mouse freezes stutters every few seconds minutes on some days USB Mouse constatnly disconnects reconnects with matching bu-dum sound on other days USB Mouse does not install properly at all on worst days USB USB Mouse glitch - Freezing/stuttering/disconnecting/reconnecting Mouse works perfectly on other laptops Other good condition Mice attached to my laptop show same symptoms USB flash drives and USB Mouse glitch - Freezing/stuttering/disconnecting/reconnecting other devices except mouse works perfectly Windows will not boot when USB Mouse is attached during start-up the second I remove the mouse boot initiates Touchpad acts up every now and then with or without USB Mouse attached I cant find quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services USB quot in regedit all i find is quot usbccgp quot quot USBCCID quot quot usbhub quot quot usbcir quot quot usbehci quot quot usbohci quot quot usbprint quot quot USBSTOR quot and quot usbuhci quot When it started happening When I accidentally removed a couple of USB Flash drives without quot safely removing quot them I have updated all drivers and BIOS I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB Drivers in Device Mgr I have tried turning off quot Allow computer to turn-off this device to save power quot option I'm at a total loss Can someone help me out Thanks in advance

A:USB Mouse glitch - Freezing/stuttering/disconnecting/reconnecting

Hello stanejera, welcome to the forum

Try this; USB Driver - General Fix for Problems[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178981-usb-mouse-glitch-freezing-stuttering-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 69.23%

As my computer has become increasingly unstable I intend to use the manufacturer's restore discs and start again from scratch. I have a secondary hard disk installed which is used exclusively for data storage. I do not wish to lose this data (most of it is backed up on CD/DVD but it would be a real hassle to reload and reorganise it all).

When I reinstall Windows will it ignore the secondary drive and just reformat to the C: drive?

Being of a nervous disposition I thought of disconnecting the secondary drive before the reinstall and reconnecting after I had got the main drive sorted. What will happen on reconnecting the secondary drive? Will all data still be intact and accessible?

Relevancy 69.23%

Basically, my wireless internet has been disconnecting then reconnecting on weekends up to 50+ times a day. The weekend also seems to be the time when I have 10+ wireless connections in range. Can that be the cause of it? I have tried changing my router channels but to no avail. Thank you.

A:Wireless internet disconnecting then reconnecting after 30 seconds 50+ times a day.

The weekend also seems to be the time when I have 10+ wireless connections in range. Can that be the cause of it? I have tried changing my router channels but to no avail. Thank you.Click to expand...

yes it maybe

can we see an xirrus screen shot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnecting-then-reconnecting-after-30-seconds-50-times-a-day.1027522/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I'll post my network setup as it may make more sense when I explain the issue Router D-Link B Desktop connected to the router by a Homeplug ethernet for the internet using the following settings IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Preferred DNS Server Desktop wireless card Belkin Wireless N Card for connecting to my Apple TV for syncing IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Preferred DNS Server Apple TV Media Centre IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Preferred DNS Server This may sound like a strange setup but iTunes doesn't detect my Apple TV if I use my Homeplug for it but if I use the Wireless Network Card for it it is fine The issue I have is sometimes this setup works fine but sometimes I can turn the Desktop on and have Network Unidentified issue quot Unidentified Network quot and a Park Bench displayed for the Homeplug connection and for the Wireless Connection it will say quot Dlink No Network Access quot or something similar I cannot remember the exact wording To get the Homeplug connection to connect to the network again I have to disable the Unidentified Network issue wireless card and then turn off the homeplug and turn it back on and reconfigure the IP Is there anything I could of possibly set wrong I am hoping to keep the internet connection and the apple TV syncing separate as my downloads from iTunes on the wireless connection are too slow but on the Unidentified Network issue Homeplugs I get full speed from my connection Also having the Wireless connection syncing the Apple TV only seems to speed up transfers Thanks in advance Cheers Ross

A:Unidentified Network issue

Quote: Originally Posted by Ross

Hi,
I'll post my network setup, as it may make more sense when I explain the issue

Router: D-Link 270B

Desktop connected to the router by a Homeplug (ethernet) for the internet, using the following settings:

IP: 192.168.1.12
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.1.1

Desktop wireless card (Belkin Wireless N1 Card) for connecting to my Apple TV for syncing:

IP: 192.168.1.20
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.19
Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.1.19

Apple TV Media Centre

IP: 192.168.1.19
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.1.1

This may sound like a strange setup, but iTunes doesn't detect my Apple TV, if I use my Homeplug for it, but if I use the Wireless Network Card for it, it is fine.

The issue I have is, sometimes this setup works fine, but sometimes I can turn the Desktop on and have "Unidentified Network" and a Park Bench displayed for the Homeplug connection and for the Wireless Connection, it will say "Dlink, No Network Access" (or something similar, I cannot remember the exact wording). To get the Homeplug connection to connect to the network again, I have to disable the wireless card and then turn off the homeplug and turn it back on and reconfigure the IP.

Is there anything I could of possibly set wrong? I am hoping to keep the internet connection and the apple TV syncing separate, as my downloads from iTunes on the wireless connection are too slow but on the Homeplugs I get full speed from my connection. Also having the Wireless connection syncing the Apple TV only, seems to speed up transfers.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ross

Ros Hi and welcome
I have a bunch of questions.

Are you using homegroup, or workgroup for networking?

Are you manually assigning IP?

Can you type cmd in search>then>ipconfig /all and make a screenshot of the output?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/101061-unidentified-network-issue.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys, i'm having an issue with my network settings I think, been at it for a few days and I can't seem to figure it out. You see my mom's laptop when connected to the modem, it works fine, but when I connect my laptop it shows "unidentified network - no internet access". I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but does anyone know how to change or reset the network settings? maybe I can set it to a home network and it will be recognized. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is frustrating me, Thanks.

A:Unidentified Network Issue

Usually when this problem occurs it's because of a rogue secondary default gateway of 0.0.0.0 due to some outdated hardware but the problem can usually be fixed by manually inputting the correct default gateway into your IPv4 properties window. The link below shows you how.
Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103042-unidentified-network-issue.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently reformatted my Win XP 32bit to Win 7 64 bit.

The first thing that I did was check internet connectivity (wired to a linksys tmobile hotspot router) and it kept telling me that the network was unidentified. I'm currently using my onboard ethernet port, and I have the most up to date drivers installed. I've tried a different NIC card but that gave the same results.

I've tried giving my computer a static ip, but that hasn't worked. Sometimes the router will give my computer a wrong ip address (169.254.x.x) instead of a 192.168.x.x one. Either way, it still doesn't work.

I've looked around the forums and did not have the bonjour service running, I've tried connecting directly to the modem but it still gives me the same issue.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

A:Unidentified Network Issue

Did you try disabling and then re-enabling the network adapter? Or check to make sure the settings are correct in the router and that the router is windows 7 compatable.

It sounds like something with dns.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64932-unidentified-network-issue.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey Had this problem for a couple of weeks now My internet was working through ethernet and night my brother was internet gaming and I had a couple of torrents downloading when the internet stopped and when we looked at it Vista wouldn't Issue Network Unidentified recognise the network It names the network as 'Unidentified Network' and I can't connect to the internet I have since purchased a Belkin wireless G Adapter and that connects to the same router with ease I have been on the phone to Sky who have been through everything with me and have confirmed that it's Vista at fault This is the only issue I have ever had with Vista bit it has never let me down but this is an issue I could do with Unidentified Network Issue resolving cos the ping we get over wireless isn't good enough Unidentified Network Issue for internet gaming I have refreshed released renewed IP and still there is nothing Any help with this would be appreciated Cheers ED

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193646-unidentified-network-issue.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This is a problem that has been plaguing me for issue Unidentified network months The connection would randomly drop and only a reset of the computer would allow me access to the Internet There s no network to connect to at all The first thing that was done was contacting Time Warner Cable for a replacement of the modem which did not work I replaced the ethernet cables with new ones which also did not work I Unidentified network issue replaced the router itself with a Belkin Surf Wireless Router running an ethernet cable from it to the computer It still didn t work I installed a D-Link Ethernet Adapter into the computer and connected to that after installing all the drivers Still didn t work We replaced the modem just a few days ago and the technician from Time Warner also ran some new cable lines into the house Still hasn t worked I run a Vista Home Basic on an HP desktop The drivers are all up to date I haven t been able to do anything to get this problem sorted out Not even plugging the modem directly into the computer is helping -- the connection still ceases to work My IP config settings Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Card-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description D-Link DFE- TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapt er rev F Physical Address C-BD-B - -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f dd ecf ad d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Saturday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- -A - - - - - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Unidentified network issue

You've made progress--you are now connected to the Belkin router, as indicated by the good looking ipconfig /all.

What non-Windows firewall or security suite do, or did, you have on this machine?

Try these pings in a Command prompt window, and you can display the results the same way you did the ipconfig /all.

ping 192.168.2.3 (or whatever your current IPv4 address is)

ping 192.168.2.1

ping 209.191.122.70

ping yahoo.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-issue.964360/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I work for a web based wholesale company and we have been having issue unidentified network issues with our network recently particularly in the office I share with another employee periodically we would loose our connection to unidentified network issue the rest of the network and therefore the internet for extended lengths of time usually from the time we arrived till around - pm though this week it has been pretty much a constant thing a bit of an issue since the other employee I share the office with and myself are among other things in charge of updating and editing our website and several sales postings on other websites I really have no tech training or experience but I believe I may have narrowed the problem down there is one network cable coming into our office and to split that between the two computers we have been using an ethernet switch when we loose our connection it appears and remember I am really just guessing here that our computers are seeing the switch as an unidentified network and can't see anything beyond it when this happens unplugging the network cable from the switch and plugging it directly into one of the computers allows us to connect with no issue other than the fairly obvious one of the other computer not having any access we have tried several different switches and routers all with the same results so I am fairly convinced that it is not the switches routers themselves but how they are interacting with the rest of the network I have found several references to similar problems other people have had but none of the fixes I have been confident enough in my understanding of them to attempt have helped I honestly have no clue what to do can anyone offer advice

A:unidentified network issue

Oh... and I will add that before, when the network connection came back in the afternoon, we would go from only seeing one unidentified network, to seeing an unidentified network and our "work" network... as soon as that happened rebooting, or disabling our LAN adapter and re-enabling it would fix the no internet issue...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221733-unidentified-network-issue.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I after and keyboard drive system hard Several disconnecting reconnecting errors a am having a issue with my father's desktop pc He has an HP Pavilion p f AMD Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard Athlon II X GHz Quadcore Processor GB of memory TB SATA HD WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM Anyways this computer has run perfectly the past years we've had it until tonight I have been borrowing the Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard keyboard that came along with it wired USB kb at night for my laptop as I spilled coffee on my wireless one and haven't replaced it yet Several times today the Pavilion would quot freeze up quot and the only way I could get it to shut down was by either hitting CTRL-Alt-DLT then unplugging the kb or manually turning the PC off The third time I went to restart it I got an error stating quot Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS volume label is HP One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency quot So I allowed the chkdsk to run and when it got to about complete it started saying things like quot deleting such and such file on label xyz etc quot It did this for about - minutes By the time the OS finally loaded we got multiple error messages that Adobe and several other applications were corrupted I opened up the quot HP ADVISOR HP TOTAL CARE application that comes with the computer and it mentioned several things needed to be fixed and downloaded It got halfway thru that and gave me and error saying quot at HPAssistant Data dsActiveCheckRes load ACResults String filterCategory Boolean include Ignored quot This was in a popup message so I just closed it I was finally able to run quot Startup Repair quot and it told me quot Attempting repairs Repairing disk errors This might take over an hour to complete quot Well about minutes later it said it thought it had solved the problem and asked us to press a key to restart and make sure there were no more issues As soon as we rebooted we got the final error message quot Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot Device and press a key quot Tried to reboot several times after that and now the PC is stuck at the initial screen where it lists quot F -Setup ESC-Boot Menu F -System Recovery F -Diagnostics quot I cannot get the computer past this point now and it will not recognize the keyboard at all Could switching in and out the keyboard several times along with manually shutting down the PC have damaged the main hard drive Every time I re-attached the keyboard to the PC and to my laptop it would have to find and then reinstall new drivers from the web My laptop runs Windows Home Premium -bit Could I have gotten a virus etc from this Any help is GREATLY appreciated and sorry for the novel Aaron

A:Several hard drive system errors after disconnecting and reconnecting a keyboard

also, we tried boot from a restore disk my dad already had and the cd-rom drive doesn't even try to load it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/several-hard-drive-system-errors-after-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-a-keyboard-671603.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all Just registered to try and sort out this very odd issue I have instable Internet consistently connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting connection - very limited experience in this kind of thing but I have never encountered this I am visiting an English friend in Moscow She has a MacBook Pro that Internet connection instable - connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting consistently connects to her Russian Keenetic Lite router fine and dandy - other than the Internet connection instable - connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting consistently usual troubles needs a reset every now and then the connection is strong fast and stable I brought my netbook running Win XP to Russia with me I try connecting to her router but with no luck The password is very simple so I don t think it s that On automatic On automatic settings IP Subnet Gateway DNS all auto the dialogue reads thus connected and then is CONSTANTLY acquiring network address On manual using an IP near hers and the same subnet gateway settings and the same DNS as well as also trying Google public DNS the connection is made but then disconnects and reconnects very very fast It also informs me it is only connecting to the access point NOT the network as a whole - i e I presume this means it s connecting to the router but not with the internet beyond said router I can probably get inside the Russian router with some difficulty but I was wondering if this was a common issue for people - I suspect it is because her laptop works fine with it My netbook works fine with all other connections I ve ever made and has worked with other Russian wifi quite happily It happens whether she is on her laptop or not I can post as much detail as people need I d love to fix this as I m having to use her computer and she s a busy girl Thanks nbsp

A:Internet connection instable - connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting consistently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-instable-connecting-disconnecting-reconnecting-consistently.1020770/
Relevancy 68.37%

hello everyone

i'm facing a big problem xD my laptop doesn't connect to my wireless network, neither by cable (wired). i dunno what happened to it, it was working good

i googled for a solution, but nothing worked

here's a photo to clear it a little bit more

what the hell did happen to my laptop!!? i didn't change network settings at all!
pls help me

thanks in advance

A:(Unidentified Network - No Network Access) Issue

Hi Asem and welcome to SF.
Read this tutorial and see if it helps- Internet Troubleshooting Guide[2]=Networking Internet

Also see- Unidentified Networks - Set as Private or Public[2]=Networking Internet
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155845-unidentified-network-no-network-access-issue.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys I am currently living in a shared house A couple of weeks ago the router went down and when it Vista Network Another Issue Unidentified was either fixed or replaced I could Another Vista Unidentified Network Issue connect to it but am getting an unidentified network message Everyone else in the house can get internet from it and my laptop can get internet when I connect to any other router outside the house I seem to have tried every fix I have found on the internet I have tried the following Disabling IPV and also set to obtain ip automatically disabling reenabling network adapters both wireless adapter and local area connection Disabling uninstalling all firewall software I didn t have norton which seems to be the problem for a lot of people Tried resetting router profiles I think I did this successfully run gt cmd gt netsh winsock reset resetting ip protocols through cmd can t remember the command used cmd gt ipconfig renew Made sure no bonjour services are running in services msc or processes and other fixes which don t currently come to mind but were still unsuccessful The only two things I havn t tried is connecting my laptop via an ethernet cable to the router and downloading installing any outstanding windows updates do I have to be connected to the router I am trying to get the internet from when I do this or can it be any internet connection I havnt tried connecting my computer directly to the router as for some reason the router is in a tenants room and he is hardly ever here AND editing DHCP entry in windows registry as I currently have no way to back up my whole computer in case something went wrong Philips Freevents Running Vista ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kkas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - -EA- - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a cee be Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C-B - - E- -CE- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -CE- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F CD -F - F -B - BBC F br AA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A AA- BC- C-AA - E DDE br E C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media di... Read more