Windows Support Forum

NT Server losing network connection

Q: NT Server losing network connection

Hi,

In our office occasionally our NT server (version 4 sp4) stops communicating over the network, the lights go out on the network card and no one can access the server. Then it comes back on again, for no apparent reason.

I thought it might be a hardware fault with the network card but I'm not sure.

Looking in the event viewer all I can find that might relate to this problem is this:

The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_HPTX1 because a master browser was stopped.

It is a HP Netserver E60 PIII500, 128 MB.

Nick

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: NT Server losing network connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: NT Server losing network connection

i would replace the network card !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-server-losing-network-connection.28417/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello Everyone-

I need a little assistance if anyone can help me solve this issue that would be great!

My boss connects daily to a Ventrilo server along with at least 30 other users, but he is the only one that loses connection during the session. I believe is it because his assistant does a constant ping on the Ventrilo server for at least 1-2 hours prior to the session. I can't prove it but I believe the server sees his traffic as an error and shuts down the access from our router IP address to stop the constant ping. If I am totally off base please say so, but I must solve this soon.

Thanks,

Joe

A:Losing connection to server

Sorry Joe I can not Help but some advice I would give ...The title of your thread has to be about your problem and not your name (joe) then some one might answer your Question ,some of the experts have time to open all the mail.....good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection-to-server.724172/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello To make a long story short a few times throughout the day amp night a few computers on our network at my work will lose connection with the server COnnection at Losing Regularly Work with Server requiring us to log in amp out to reconnect A lot of files we use are Regularly Losing COnnection with Server at Work contained on the server computer and if one is open when the connection drops it is not possible to save it which can really cause big trouble Unfortunately most of my superiors are extremely computer illiterate and I am the unofficial tech support here If I try to reconnect to the server or just access it through My Computer it gives me some kind of permission error If I log out then back in everything is like normal again The server is running Windows Server R and the computers having the issues are all running XP SP What would cause this and is there an easy fix Also when logging back in the computer will take a LONG time to load personal settings and actually bring up Windows Sorry if I have been to vague let me know if you need any other information and thank you very much in advance for your help -Mike nbsp

A:Regularly Losing COnnection with Server at Work

May not be directly related to the issue but you really should have SP3. See End of life XP SP2 and W2K.

It would probably be helpful if you described your network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regularly-losing-connection-with-server-at-work.945946/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi.

Have this problem and any help would be great. Have a aLinux Redhat9 mail/internet server on a site, and users are running 98 machines.

Started upgrading to Xp, and then the problems started. Xp machines keeps losing their connection to the Linux server i.e. cant receive mail or browse the internet. For some reason the xp machines keep losing the IP connection.

Xp machines are set to static IP's and users have to keep changing IP addresses so the can re-connect to the linux server. Tried assigning automatically and no luck.

Disabled the Firewal on SP2 on Xp machines, but no luck (dont know much about linux).

Is it the firewall on the linux dropping the connection?

Any help.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-losing-connection-to-linux-server.338544/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a machine running windows using a member server on network to access the internet They both have static IP addresses and the connection is fine for about minutes I can only get a connection if I ping the win machine from the server first then the internet connection and the internal network work fine For about minutes After this time the win machine can still browse and access every other machine on the network with the exception of the internet server Drive mappings are no longer valid to the server either and pinging the server returns a timeout message I then go to the server and ping the win machine go back to the win machine and everything works fine for another three minutes I have other win machines on the network that are not doing this this is the only losing server NT win98 {Resolved} connection to - one What could be causing {Resolved} - losing connection win98 to NT server the server to be hiding from the win machine Any suggestions Paul nbsp

A:{Resolved} - losing connection win98 to NT server

Since other machines are not having trouble, I think it more likely that the problem is in the 98 machine, not the server.

Any chance you can try another NIC in there? I know it is seeing other machines ok, but it is such an odd problem that if you have a spare I think it would be worth trying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-losing-connection-win98-to-nt-server.28395/
Relevancy 67.94%

Good morning folks,

I have a small issue that I am currently having. Our network seems to go down every few days and unfortunately it's become a "regular" occurrence. After we lose connection one user noticed that the next time he turns his computer on every shortcuts that relate to a server disappear. He is not the only one who has a shortcut to an Access file or folder located on a server, yet he is the only one who keeps losing shortcuts. I created a backup of his shortcuts he can use however that's not a true solution. They aren't getting deleted because I checked the recycle bin, they just vanish.

It'll be hard for me to test every single solution since I don't know how often this will happen. It's not the highest priority but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help,

Practicaldylan

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386087-shortcuts-desktop-vanish-when-losing-connection-server.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a customer with a network running 3 xp pro machines logging into a domain on a 2000 server. Running DSL with a Linksys router using dhcp.

After the computers have been on for a while and activity slows down, (like during lunch), they lose connection with the server, even though they can still browse the internet. They have to be rebooted and then connections with server are fine for awhile.

And also all network connection, internet and lan, say that they are still enabled.

Has anyone heard of this??

A:losing network connection

Just an added note....

Logging off and then logging back on works also, even though xp can take a while at this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-network-connection.108844/
Relevancy 66.22%

We have some Dell GX400, one of them keeps losing the network connection every couple days and has to be rebooted to reconfigure the NIC. I figured it might be the onboard NIC so I replaced it with a PCI NIC, only to have that also lose network connection a week later.

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance..

A:Losing Network connection

VIrus, spyware, malware? I'd start there, since that seems to be a likely source of this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-network-connection.350650/
Relevancy 66.22%

This is the story. I upgraded to Win 7 from Vista on two computers and in one of them the network kept getting disconnected. So I got a new network adapter from the compatible list and tried. It kept happening. It worked fine for a while and then it just lost the network. The computer was also freezing and crashing and never shutting down, so I decided to do a clean install.
It's not freezing as much it still does, and the shutting down takes forever if it happens at all, and I keep losing the connection to the network. Please tell me what to do, I'm going crazy!!

A:Keep losing connection to the network

Try a different network adapter driver. I had to go back to an older driver in Vista to cure the same problem of losing the network..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-connection-to-the-network.872301/
Relevancy 66.22%

If I leave my computer for 5 or 10 minutes, I lose the netowrk connection. It says, "You have limited or no connectivity to an unknown network." If I reset the modem I get reconnected, but doing autodetect of IP address doesn't correct the problem. I am running Vista. (I know, that's a mistake. I have 10 computers, and decided to try Vista on 1 computer about a year or so ago to see what it was like. Now I know, and it sucks.) Anyway, the other computers on the network don't lose their connections. Just this one. Looking for help!!

Thanks

A:Keep losing connection to network while in use.

would you do the following tests when the connection is good and post here and then repeat the tests when it fails and post back - make sure we know which is which.

Also download and install xirrus, and post a screen shot - see below - just in case there is wireless interference on this machine

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Xirrus} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-connection-to-network-while-in-use.923739/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have 2 computers at home both running Vista Ultimate and both hard wired through a router. The main computer holds all my multimedia files and from time to time i use the second computer to access them.

My problem is that sometimes everything works fine and the second can see and read the media files, but 1/2 the time it can not.

I cant see anything that has changed, it just drops the connection.

Is there any program or utility that you know to stablize this connection.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237373-losing-network-connection.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have just a little problem. I have 2 PC's and a XBOX 360 hooked up to my DLINK DGL-4100 Broadband Gigabit Gaming Router that is wired, I disabled the wireless. One PC is XP and the other is Vista. When i sign on to XBOX live and try to play online it seems to randomly drop the connection to my entire network forcing me to restart my modem. Its iffy though... sometimes it will drop, other days it will stay solid as a rock. It also only seems to drop when my wife is playing Crazy Arcade (korean game) on the PC's... any advice on what I can do?

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D631 and after I am connected......with in 5 minutes it disconnects me. Sometimes it reconnects me, but most of the time not. Could this be a result of a virus or something else. I'm sitting right next to my router so I don't get it.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 66.22%

I have 2 WINXP computers in my classroom that lose connection to the network (WIN 2K server) at random times throughout the day. I have not been able to connect the problem to a particular event or time of day. Everything else works fine, but there's no access to network printers and mapped drives. Logging off and back on with the password renews the connection for awhile, but then it happens again. Other computers of the same model that were installed at the same time do not have this problem. One tech. guy said to change the WINS settings to enable NETBIOS over TCP/IP, but this hasn't made a difference. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

A:losing network connection

How are they connected? Do they share the same hub/switch? Are they logging on to a domain?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/losing-network-connection-95552.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I had a boot up problem with my acer laptop so i used the original recovery discs to reinstall the OS and then installed all the updates for XP.

Since then i lose the wireless connection when i shut down and start up again. I have to open the wireless network connection properties and tick the box use windows to configure my network settings everytime.

It doesn't seem to be saving the settings but i didn't previously have the problem.
Its an old machine with a wireless card in a side slot.

Relevancy 66.22%

I ve been searching everywhere looking W2k network losing connection for a possible solution to my problem I know I m not the only one to experience the problem but I haven t found a solution Here s the issue I W2k losing network connection have an older computer about years old it s a PIII Celeron with a Gb drive It s been part of my home network as a Win machine for a couple of years and has worked great Now I d like to use it as a file server or more accurately a remote storage device and install a much larger HD Win doesn t support really large drives without an extra card which I don t have so I d like to run Win on it My problem is that when I change the OS to Win I loose network connectivity as soon as someone does a disk I O I ve tried different lan cards and even tried a USB connection but get the same frustrating results The other computers on the network are XPs but that should not be an issue as this same problem computer works great with Win as the OS This known fact eliminates any potential issues with my router or hub firewall or DNS Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanks Dave nbsp

A:W2k losing network connection

Are the other computers useing the same login and pass. If so make each PC use a different login. Then set up accounts on the 2000 machine, then configure sharing and include the accounts.. Don't use the same login, I've had win2000 lock itself locally due to being logged in under the same account remotely. Must be a feature..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-losing-network-connection.285022/
Relevancy 66.22%

Recently my wife s machine just started randomly losing it s network connection Nothing has changed on her machine at all Here s the details I can think of - I m running computers behind a Linksys router Only her computer has this issue They all have static IPs When the computer loses its connection I can no longer ping the router and of course none of the other machines on the network can network losing Keep my connection see this machine then either - In addition to the onboard NIC tried a PCI card - Have removed the NIC from the device manager and reinstalled - The following things restore the connection SOMETIMES but none of them work consistently disabling re-enabling the connection in the quot network connecitons quot rebooting - Using the quot repair quot option on the connection always says that it worked but never restores the connection - It seems to possibly get worse over time This part I m not sure about but it seems like after each time I ve Keep losing my network connection removed and re-added the connection it seemed to work for a day or two After that when I start just trying the disable re-enable or reboot it seems to start losing connection after shorter and shorter times Several times it has eventually got to the point where I couldn t keep a connection for more than a couple of minutes I don t know if this actually gets worse with time or if it s just random in how long it will hold its connection - have checked for viruses adware spyware etc used registry mechanic to look for any problems there Is there anything else I can try aside from a total XP re-install Any other tools that might help find the problem Some netstat commands or something I m not very familiar with all the netstat commands I really don t want to do a complete re-install but I m running out of ideas here Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I just got a new computer, a dell inspiron 531s. I set up my home network. It worked fine for a while, but now, I will be surfing the internet, and all of a sudden I will lose all connection and the page will not load. It is not the router, for other computers on the router are working. When I restart the computer, the internet works fine again. I am using a CA firewall for protection. Neither Internet explorer or firefox work when this happens. What can I do?

A:Keep losing connection to network while in use.

Not to mention, when the internet is connected, I am only receiving 500 kilobytes per second of internet. I have Roadrunner high speed cable, that is normally 5.5 MB p/s.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-connection-to-network-while-in-use.636246/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a problem where of the the computers on my network are unable to connect to the internet The work OK onstart upo but after about mins they can no longer connect If I run a windows repair on the LAN connection generally every thing works OK for approx another minutes before the connection is lost Sometimes however the repair does not work and needs to re network connection losing Periodically run a couple of times I'm running XP Sp All PC's are connected to each other and the web via a Linksys RT PT routerWhne the problem ocurss and I try to ping a website or the dbs I get a message returned Periodically losing network connection Reply from Destination Periodically losing network connection net unreachable Periodically losing network connection I am still able to ping others PC's inside the newtork but not get out to the web I have tried changing to different DNS servers but it makes no difference Having windows firewall on or off also makes no difference The RT P is daisy chained to a BEFSR router The RT P has an ATA adapter and I am able to make voip calles even when the PC's are uable to reach the web I am also always able to ping other PC's on the network when the error occurs The network is wired - not wireless I'm running the latest paid version of Malwarebytes A scan shows no errors I'm running Avast Beta and it also shows no errors Recently I installed a new Lan printer Kyocera DN which caused me to have to change the IP opf the gateway on the RT P The Gateway on the printer could not be changed from All PCs on the lan are now set to the new Gateway IP and all PC's can ping each otherThe problem commenced after this but I did not notice it immediately The problem does not ocurr on the PC's where the new printer is yet to be installed DHCP is enabled on the router but not on the PC's NIC The MS network diagnostic give the followingWinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call I tried running a number of winsock fixes including the one from Microsoft None of these resolved the problem I have run netsh winsock reset catalog and netsh winsock reset The problem persists Winsock catalog is as followsinsock Catalog Provider Entry------------------------------------------------------Entry Type Base Service ProviderDescription MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP Provider ID E F AA -AB B- CF- CA - F A Provider Path SystemRoot system mswsock dllCatalog Entry ID Version Address Family Max Address Length Min Address Length Socket Type Protocol Protocol Chain Length Winsock Catalog Provider Entry------------------------------------------------------Entry Type Base Service ProviderDescription MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP Provider ID E F AA -AB B- CF- CA - F A Provider Path SystemRoot system mswsock dllCatalog Entry ID Version Address Family Max Address Length Min Address Length Socket Type Protocol Protocol Chain Length Winsock Catalog Provider Entry------------------------------------------------------Entry Type Base Service ProviderDescription MSAFD Tcpip RAW IP Provider ID E F AA -AB B- CF- CA - F A Provider Path SystemRoot system mswsock dllCatalog Entry ID Version Address Family Max Address Length Min Address Length Socket Type Protocol Protocol Chain Length Winsock Catalog Provider Entry------------------------------------------------------Entry Type Base Service ProviderDescription MSAFD NetBIOS Device NetBT Tcpip F A C -AADF- A - D -DDF E F SEQPACKET Provider ID D F -C - CF- C - F A Provider Path SystemRoot system mswsock dllCatalog Entry ID Version Address Family Max Address Length Min Address Length Socket Type Protocol - Protocol Chain Length Winsock Catalog Provider Entry------------------------------------------------------Entry Type Base Service ProviderDescription MSAFD NetBIOS Device NetBT Tcpip F A C -AADF- A - D -DDF E F DATAGRAM Provider ID D F -C - CF- C - F A Provider P... Read more

A:Periodically losing network connection

I have re installed windows and the problem is now gone. This thread can be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279852/periodically-losing-network-connection/
Relevancy 65.79%

Problem started total security/AV 2009/other malware installed on some of our client computers. Was able to remove the porblems, but then the computers had a bad network connection and could not repair or renew IP address. Fixed this by resetting winsock/tcp stack/dns settings. Machines get an IP address and can see the internet, but still not our network resources. Cannot re-add them to the domain or hit network. BUT! If I disable/unistall the NIC this all works fine until the computer is restarted. Have tested different cards in them and total removed the card and oem driver files, but still quits working after first reboot. Any advice/help???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/losing-connection-to-network-resources-426456.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have Comcast's internet service set up with Linksys Wireless-B router at my house. I have three computers connecting to it:

- A desktop running Windows XP and connecting via USB Linksys Wireless-B adaptor

- A second desktop running Windowx XP and connecting via Linksys Wireless-G PCI card

- Laptop running XP with built in wireless

No problems with either of the desktops. However, the laptop connects, and after a few minutes loses the connection, then after a few seconds automatically reconnects. I have no explanation for it. I tried power cycling everything and running the Repair on the wireless connection.

128 bit WEP security is enabled, and the Wireless SSID Broadcast is set to Enabled

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Relevancy 65.79%

Need help desperately I m usually pretty good with computer problems and Network Losing Connection Wireless the one helping others But this problem has me beat I just don t know what to do any more The problem is my wireless network keeps disconnecting once in a while approx Losing Wireless Network Connection every day or two When it goes out eventually I am unable to connect any of my desktops or laptops wirelessly until I power cycle the modem and the router But the ones connected by Losing Wireless Network Connection wire work fine Here is what I ve gone through to trouble shoot I called my ISP provider and they said if I m not having problems connected directly to the modem they can t help me It works for weeks connected directly with no problems I called the manufacturer of the router and they said since it works by wire and I m able to get a connection wirelessly it s not their issue I upgraded the firmware on the router I went through different brand new routers Linksys and DLink and also tried new adapters I tried changing the location of the router even bringing it feet away from the desktop I tried playing around with the settings of the router channel I even upgraded my Internet connection to mbps which comes with a new modem gateway which acts as a wireless router too The new gateway also loses wireless connection I don t know what to do as I ruled out everything It s not the ISP problem it s not a router issue and it s not a specific computer problem I just don t know what to do I really don t want to run cables to all of my computers It s very inconvenient for laptops Please help nbsp

A:Losing Wireless Network Connection

would you post the following when its working and then repeat all the tests when it disconnects and post all the results
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

No... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wireless-network-connection.1018920/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone I have the fallowing setting I have server one is a PDC and other server been of servers losing to one connection the network part of the domain I have about user running XP K pro and one I been having problems with a couple of the XP machines losing connection to one of the servers which it can regain access after rebooting Log in is pretty slow too We do not give access to the internet to all the users so I do not put the DNS on the ones that i do not want to access the internet but the ones that have access the login slow down big time compare to the ones that doesn t for those I use losing network connection to one of the servers the PDC IP address as DNS and for the ones that need access to the internet I put the DNS address the our ISP gave me If anyone have any idea of how i should tackle this problem please let me know Thanks AMD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-network-connection-to-one-of-the-servers.477425/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All I manage printer connection to network Losing a small network of PCs and server running Server We have a network printer connected directly into the network which is shared by all users and is the main printer for the office ie default on all clients A new PC has been added to the network running XP home and there is a really annoying problem I add the network printer via 'Add Printer' in 'Printers and Faxes' and everything works fine the drivers downloads and all programs can print just fine This stays the same for a random amount of time However when the PC has been left for while left overnight rebooted Losing connection to network printer or even looked at funny it decides it cannot connect to this printer as cannot establish a connection It doesnt follow any pattern either sometimes its reboot before it loses connection sometimes Sometimes it works for days sometimes an hour Also when I delete the printer and then add it again it works as it should But not always Sometimes it cannot establish a connection warning box comes up close that try again then it works again With no setting changed in between attempt to add it The server acts as print server and has no problems with any other PCs most have XP pro couple have XP home Checked server settings over and over and cant see anything wrong server side - so Im assuming its the client PC Any help advice is greatly appreciated

A:Losing connection to network printer

Even if someone could point me in the right direction, or give me some kind of idea what I need to check, that would be great. Im still having the same problem and cannot seem to solve it.

Its very frustrating to say the least.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/losing-connection-to-network-printer-406495.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently wanted to switch to at amp t dsl services from Time Warner road runner broadband cable However once the tech came out and installed network connection wirless on Losing the gateway wire wireless system along with an at amp t yahoo browser configuration software my labtop conenction became much slower and I couldnt uplaod large files anymore MB which I need to do regularly because I work from home and Losing connection on wirless network its a job requirement Even though I switched back Losing connection on wirless network to Time Warner road runner cable due to speed and technical issues I still keep losing connection and my upload is extremely slow where as before this tech came out to install wire gateway everything was working fine I did a system restore and tried to remove at amp t yahoo browser config and kept receiving an error message I accidently removed progarm from my list but now can t find program on my computer even after doing a search and checking on all C files running I m not even sure if that software is the problem I need to upload large files for my job and already lost a couple days of work due to this issue Please help me as sson as possible nbsp

A:Losing connection on wirless network

i will move from Vista forum to networking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection-on-wirless-network.900790/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys My name is Bram and i'm new on this in PC network connection Lan Keep my losing onboard. on forum Normally Keep losing network connection in my PC on Lan onboard. i'm very handy at these things but I can't get around this Let me exlpain you guys my network setup I own Keep losing network connection in my PC on Lan onboard. a modem from my provider Ziggo NL with my own router D-Link DIR- L E which works perfectly on my tablet phone laptop etc On the second froor I have a TP-Link C archer in WDS mode wireless connected to my D link downstairs as I don't have any wire running from downstairs to the second floor This setup works prefectly on Ghz as for Ghz on my wireless devices but when I hook a cable from my TP-LInk upstairs to my desktop my connection is very unstable The speeds are amazing though around Mbps for down and for up which is what I pay for but the connection drops continuesly I Think it may be with the DNS server I tried openDNS or something and now I have the DNS of google which is and Still after like a hour the problem returns My wireless devices still have no problem I tried different ports on my TP-link and I tried a cat e and cat cable no difference My TP-link gets a good reception from the D-link because all my other devices have no problems what so ever Do I miss something Thanks Bram

A:Keep losing network connection in my PC on Lan onboard.

Welcome to the forum!

Don't know if it will help your situation but there is firmware dated September. Have you updated it?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55867-keep-losing-network-connection-my-pc-lan-onboard.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok Connection Losing Wireless Network Keeps here s the deal Wireless Network Keeps Losing Connection I have a Comcast Cable Modem I have a Lynksys Wireless-G Router Speed Booster Model hooked up to it There is only two computers running off it The computer I am on now is in another room about feet away and has a wireless card in it Also Speed Booster Model My set-up has been working Wireless Network Keeps Losing Connection fine for almost a year Then recently the computer with the wireless card keeps disconnecting I mean it doesn t even detect a wireless network in the whole house Then when this happens I rush on too my other computer that is hooked directly to the router and it is Wireless Network Keeps Losing Connection still connected and works fine So I know there is nothing wrong with my Comcast Cable Why is this all of a sudden happening It disconnects and reconnects about times a day disconnections usually last about minutes Also my speed has always been Mbps consistantly Now it fluctuates not rapidly from to to I notice the Mbps going down right before my computer loses connection I have have let windows repair the connection countless amount of time Well it can only do it about a quarter of the time because my computer won t even detect a wireless network to connect to and repair Why did it start doing this I never had a problem before for almost a whole year I haven t changed anything with either computer or modified my network or modem in any way Is there something wrong with the wireless card itself Or maybe the router Thanx in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

ok partial connection, winsock Losing network maybe?? ill get as detailed as i can with this We are running Sharepoint sp and wss sp on a dell pe running Server std x sp gb k sas raid gb ram dual xeon ghz the network card is a quad port Losing partial network connection, winsock maybe?? intel gb pci-x server nic Was running broadcom net Losing partial network connection, winsock maybe?? xtreme dual port onboard and had the same issue alright on to the issue at hand We are losing partial network connection after about - hours of the machine working Losing partial network connection, winsock maybe?? correctly What happens is that it cannot ping or access any machines not on the same network segment this machine is on and cannot access machines or be accessed from etc etc what i have found is that when i try to ping our dns dhcp server its times out about times and replies - times and then repeats the cycle all over again i have done a winsock reset on the machine and sometimes it starts back up and works again sometimes it doesn t any ideas so far i realize that i am leaving some stuff out but ill be here to answer any questions if there is something else pertinent to coming up with a solution Thanks in advance Rodney nbsp

A:Losing partial network connection, winsock maybe??

I also noticed that in my msinfo32->components->network->protocal

i only have msafd tcpip[tcp/ip] and msafd tcpip[upd/ip] listed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-partial-network-connection-winsock-maybe.1058895/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi. I have an Acer 7750G, running Windows 7, connected to our home network using a Dynex router. At the moment this is the only laptop in the house that is having problems with connectivity.

Starting yesterday, it only connects intermittently.

When I run diagnostics, it says the following problems have been fixed but it either solves the problem for a few minutes only or not at all: "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" or "Default gateway is not available".

IPV6 connectivity also shows 'no internet access' and sometimes IPV4 reports no internet.

I've unplugged and rebooted the modem and router a few times but that hasn't solved the problem. Any ideas what to do? Thanks.

Edit: I ran troubleshoot again, and it says the following issue is not fixed: "Wireless Network Connection 2 does not have a valid IP configuration".

Relevancy 64.93%

This question is very similar to an expired one http forums techguy org networking -randomly-losing-internet-connection-any html I am on a Lenovo think pad running windows connection network but losing not internet ramdomly vista and for some time I have been randomly losing internet connection I am connecting through the Lenovo Access Connections software that came ramdomly losing internet connection but not network with the computer which ramdomly losing internet connection but not network has two interesting things going on when I stop getting internet connection it tells ramdomly losing internet connection but not network me that I still have network connection when I lose internet and try to open access connections to reconnect it either opens but instantly stops responding or doesn t open at all In addition to that there is one desktop computer in my house and another laptop and when I lose internet on mine neither of them lose it The only way I have found to reconnect is to reboot thanks in advance for any help P S I can find my way around a computer fairly well but I don t know all of the acronyms and where more obscure settings are found so a little more of a step by step guide as opposed to just saying quot try this quot and leaving it at that would be nice nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I have computers hooked to my router just for DSL they aren t networked together I would love to do that but haven t gotten that far yet I have desktops that are hooked via cable and one is wireless via a USB wireless adapter My laptop has a wireless card built in I work from home and have started working on the laptop more I access our client s network server via a on wireless laptop connection Losing network VPN connection I have done this for Losing network connection on wireless laptop over a year on a few of the desktops and they seemed to work okay Now I keep Losing network connection on wireless laptop losing the wireless connection on the laptop If I stick with it and continually work I am okay If I am away for more than minutes or so I come back and it says my connection has terminated It isn t my VPN connection it is my actual network connection Any ideas where to begin to check Losing network connection on wireless laptop why this is doing this I am thinking about having someone come over and hook up the network with all the computers so I can print to my laser from any computer It works well using my laptop at my desk and using my desktop for reports and other issues so I need to figure out what is wrong Thanks Nancy nbsp

A:Losing network connection on wireless laptop

I'd suspect that you may be going into standby and it's powering down the wireless controller. This is not uncommon. You can either set the standby time longer, or in the properties of the wireless NIC in Device Manager, uncheck the box for power savings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-network-connection-on-wireless-laptop.431498/
Relevancy 64.93%

This is weird but I randomly lose my connection to my wireless network and my WZC doesn t seem to notice One minute I will be browsing the internet or downloading something or not even doing anything XP connection Losing realize doesn't but network, it?!? to and I notice there is no more activity coming in or out I can t access websites bittorrent doesn t Losing connection to network, but XP doesn't realize it?!? work nothing Plus I then can t connect to my router via http -- or anything like I normally can It s like I ve lost the connection but when I look at the taskbar the WZC icon is still there it s not lit blue but does not have the red X as if I m still connected It gets better When I try to quot Repair quot the connection or disconnect from the network or stop and restart the WZC service or disable the Network Connection nothing really happens except for one small thing The WZC service s status changes to quot Stopping quot and nothing changes It just stays like that It never stops completely or restarts it just freezes at quot Stopping quot Once I quot lose quot my connection I have to restart my computer to reconnect again Then it works sometimes for a minute usually longer sometimes for a few hours This does not happen to my laptop so I highly doubt it s my router I have tried reinstalling the drivers and I m certain that my Linksys Network Monitor is set so that WZC has control Using XP Professional w SP Linksys WUSB GC Compact Wireless G USB Adapter WRT GS Router w HyperWRT firmware nbsp

A:Losing connection to network, but XP doesn't realize it?!?

I had a very similar issue on Vista, but with totally different hardware. I eventually trouble-shooted the problem to not the wireless card or router, but the modem. I drove my PC over to a buddy's house and we hooked it up to a couple different modems and then to his. After being linked to his, it was as if my NIC found it soulmate and was forever content afterwards no matter what modem I hooked it to.

Totally weird, and totally the only thing I know about this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection-to-network-but-xp-doesnt-realize-it.686931/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have three computers on my network. Two are wired and one is wireless. I continually run into the probably of getting a limited connection after the computer goes to sleep and I wake it up. I attempt to automatically correct it, but this doesn't work. I try to use the command prompt with ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and it doesn't work. Then I try to disconnect the adapter and it doesn't work. I also reset the modem and the router with no resolve. Most of the time the only thing that works is restarting the computer. In addition I do use DHCP static addresses for the computers on the network. What is causing this and how do I fixt it without restarting the computer?

Relevancy 64.93%

I ll try to make this as clear as possible I have two computers upstairs and downstairs both were connected to the internet through a D-link four port router with no problems then all of a connections (keep connection) losing Help with network home sudden the downstairs comp started to lose it s connection off and on I had replaced the computer with a newly built one not because of this problem just an old computer Now I m thinking that this new downstairs computer should have no problems and should connect fine it did for a couple of days Then it started to have the same problems as the old computer did It would lose it s connection with the network My upstairs comp works Help with home network connections (keep losing connection) fine Help with home network connections (keep losing connection) no problems at all I tried replacing the wires switching the ports put in Help with home network connections (keep losing connection) a new NIC and still have the same problem The only time it connects is when Internet cable is connected directly into the computer and not through the router My thinking is it s the router but it connects the upstairs comp fine and the ports all work If someone out there could help me out with this because I ve done all that I can think of except replacing the router which I want to be my last option it would be of much help If you need me to clear anything up because it looks confusing I ll try my best again Thanks so much for any help Joe nbsp

A:Help with home network connections (keep losing connection)

I am having a similar problem except that I have about six computers and the connection on some computers are inconsistent.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the direction of the current.

I formerly had two linksys boxes with AC current and I was having the disconnect problem frequently with one particular computer.

I switched to another box for which the current is DC12 volts and I now have a disconnect problem with a different computer.

I am wondering why there are two ports for the link from one box to another and since I know nothing about the way electrical currents work. I am wondering if it would make sense to connect a second cabel to the second link? I don't know if I am confusing things by using one box with AC current and another with DC current so I am in wild guessing territory here.

When I lose a connection taking a cable connection out and putting it back again will re-establish the connection - or sometimes disconnecting the power source to the main hub is required.

If it helps with your internet connection problem, I am using a freeware proxy called analogX, which is very simple to configure and works really well.

Also, in connecting the computers, one sometimes has to connect one computer at a time and then restart, but that doesn't help with the problem of losing connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-home-network-connections-keep-losing-connection.37974/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an HP Pavilion a e running Windows Vista I work in a small office and we connect to a connection, network losing Windows Constantly Vista larger network through ports on our floor our network Constantly losing network connection, Windows Vista admin said our connection is a DS though I m not familiar with that When I start up my computer I can connect to the internet just fine but certain events will trigger a lost connection that cannot be repaired unless i restart This will usually happen when I am downloading a file such as an Constantly losing network connection, Windows Vista installation file or an update file though it also occasionally happens while I am just browsing My network admin has no clue what the problem is and HP s tech support is stumped and difficult to deal with There are certain sites from which I can download a file and I will undoubtedly lose my connection its not a random occurrence I know a little bit about computers and it seems to me that once my bandwidth reaches a certain limit over some interval of time my connection is completely lost Not sure if this is correct but that is the feeling I get Sorry this is so wordy any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I've been having this problem ever since switching this computer from windows xp pro bit to windows pro bit and I did a clean install not an upgrade After a while my computer loses its connection to the network I can't load web pages check email open problem? winsock Losing connection, network memory my router configuration or share files on my laptop The laptop has windows xp bit on it and it does not lose its connection when this happens and can still access the router and everything but it can't access the shared files Losing network connection, winsock memory problem? on the problem computer When my connection is lost I don't get any error messages in the event log and if I try using the network troubleshooting and repair stuff it doesn't fix the problem and the only thing it says is that there's a problem and it can't connect to the microsoft server that it checks the connection with But if I open up my email program it tells me quot not enough memory to initialize winsock driver quot So far the only way I can fix it is to reboot This happens through normal use of the computer just typical web browsing and stuff like that after several hours but if I am playing an online game like Second Life it happens much sooner Things I've tried I tried setting the network card to not let windows turn it off and changed all the other power settings to maximum performance I've updated every driver to the most recent windows bit version that I can find for every piece of hardware and my windows updates are up to date I also tried a tool for repairing winsock lsp and the tcpip stack Any ideas on what else can be done to fix this

A:Losing network connection, winsock memory problem?

Google might be our friend on this...see if this helps.

How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and in Windows Vista

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...1-0ee86481089e

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59621-losing-network-connection-winsock-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Recently started losing connection to the internet often but when checking my Network and Connections it would tell me my signal was great I ha a used router Losing good to network. with connection interet wireless off of craig s list for a while but recently replaced it with a D-Link N Home Router I also had an issue with my modem but after a technician came everything seems to be working right Ipad Iphone and desktops connected directly to the router Losing interet with good connection to wireless network. have no issue whatsoever at this point but I still lose internet Losing interet with good connection to wireless network. with a strong connection to the network The loss of internet occurs more often when I am doing something more bandwith consuming such as Peer-to-peer downloading or viewing HD streams such as Hulu Netflix or TwitchTV When doing any of these a disconnect can happen after seconds or less of having internet and I m unable to rejoin without a restart without waiting nearly minutes This computer had a good connection while plugged in to the router but that is not an ideal long term solution Model of computer is PP L or Dell Studio Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G P Antivirus None Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Derek gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Derek-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List austin rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - -D -DC-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F- C-D - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -E - -D -DC-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cfb a ec e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained amp amp amp Lease Expires amp amp amp Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A - -B -AC- F- C-D - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - A-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained amp amp amp Lease Expires amp amp amp Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A - -B -AC- F- C-D - E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C E F -C B - BCF-B D - E ACBC EB Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e a e Preferred Default Gateway c c c a c a DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap austin rr com Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes L... Read more

Relevancy 64.07%

nd topic on the forum Very handy Ok have a quot base quot laptop running windows xp pro sp It has an external TB hard drive connected to it as well as a of) (a network part Losing Solved: Stumped. connection. printer both are shared Was working Solved: Losing (a part of) network connection. Stumped. fine for the past week and a bit as far as printing from other laptops to that printer and accessing mapping the hard drive BUT over the past few days have been running into some issues The printer status on my laptop running Win says quot offline quot deleted the printer off my laptop and Solved: Losing (a part of) network connection. Stumped. tried accessing it again and can t even see it now and the mapped HD shows an X and says quot An error occurred while reconnecting to Microsoft Windows Network The local drive name is already in use This connection has been restored quot And when I click on Network on my Win laptop quot BaseLaptop quot doesn t show up anymore they are both on the same Home workgroup and I don t get what has changed or what has happened as far as I know nothing has been changed as it would have only been me changing things My own laptop doesn t even show up when I click Network on my laptop after a restart it sometimes does and after restarting both laptops I can sometimes access the shared external HD but when I tried later on it won t let me again Any idea what has gone on wrong anyone The base laptop is connected to router via cable and my laptop connects wirelessly I can still connect to base laptop from mine using VNC - and it works fine Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have been browsing as usual and out of nowhere a bubble pops up from the taskbar on the desktop and says local are network connection lost then couple seconds later another one pops up and says local area network now connected???????????? this is so annoying i have unplugged plugged back and unplugged and plugged back my modem and checked all my wires and cables and they are all fine. also a couple days ago it kept popping up saying that a jack had been unplugged and then that a jack had been plugged in over and over again.. ugh could someone please let me know if this sounds like a virus or is my computer getting ready to quit on me?? or could it be something wrong with my modem? well thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155591/i-keep-losing-my-local-are-network-connection-and-gaining-it-back-virus/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I have been having a problem with my wireless internet connection for the past weeks I just started randomly losing my wireless connection for no reason at all I thought it was my modem which is the isp s so network. still randomly, connection Losing connected to yet internet wireless I called them and they Losing wireless internet connection randomly, yet still connected to network. assured me that everything from their end looked good I also was Losing wireless internet connection randomly, yet still connected to network. able to bypass the router and use internet with no problem So then I assumed there was a problem with my router so I exchanged it for a new router that turned out to not be the problem I can t figure out what my problem is I ran Uniblue registry editor to fix and registry errors In device manager it says my network adapter is working properly I was able to get onto the internet today wireless and I thought I had fixed the problem but lo and behold when I woke up I no longer could get on wireless internet through my network I did do an ipconfig all while it was working So here are the logs first when I had it working this afternoon and second tonight when I can t connect to the internet Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks When working this afternoon Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - -EB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a d c afae a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday September PM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - -F - - -BE-AE- - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - -BE-AE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e fe d e b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe fe d e b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF AA- AAC- FE-B A -C C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt Not working this evening Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - -EB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a d c afae a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday September PM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - -F - - -BE-AE- - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - -BE-AE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration E... Read more

A:Losing wireless internet connection randomly, yet still connected to network.

When it stops working, please do this.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wireless-internet-connection-randomly-yet-still-connected-to-network.951332/
Relevancy 57.62%

Dear all:
I have an in-house W2K Server OS that has finance application software running on it. Recently a lot of my users are experiencing connection time-out problem when running that finance application's client software on the client machines. All the users can still go on internet and access local file sharing.

Is it a NIC hardware problem or it is a W2K Server DHCP problem? I have users who obtain IP from DHCP as well as fixed IP. Or the bandwidth is not big enough to handle all clients' usage (current 10/100Mbps base for 20 concurrent usage)?

Thank you all... >__<

A:Network Connection Time-Out over Server

If other things work OK for the same users then the problem is not with the NICs or the DHCP.

Maybe the server is under heavy load or the number of simultaneous connections to it is limited? Check the server logs to find out and check the CPU.

When the timeout occurs, can the clients still ping the server? Maybe you hav some faulty cables or networking gear somewhere between the clients and the server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-time-out-over-server.23882/
Relevancy 57.19%

I also posted this on Technet but I really need an answer to this It seems that If I can find and install another Nic Card in the Server I will also solve this problem but to have to do this to Servers is not a Server a Not if connection drive map able I to use G5 a to DL380 network HP PTP feasible option So my question is Why am I not able to map a network drive to a new HP DL G Server I work in a mixed network environment and we are testing a new Point to Point Circuit We have many different types of Servers but we mainly use Windows Server as our OS As we began to test this new circuit we have found that we can map network drives to almost any Server except if it is a HP Proliant DL G That Server has a built in HP Embedded NC i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter It is a Broadcom chipset Somehow there seems to be a problem with that NIC card It does not seem to be capable of receiving packets when they come from the PTP circuit If you use a regular circuit it works fine Also this card has ports for redundancy We are using the second port for the PTP Testing But this should not matter I contacted HP and they had me update the firmware and the driver for this card The problem still occurs I thought it may be the point to point circuit but then I wonder why can I map drives to any other Servers that are not DL G s they also have port and built in NIC cards Some of them are even Broadcom chipsets Well to my luck HP told me that I will have to pay for additional Network Software support We are connecting each server using the second Nic port via the PTP and they go through Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection a Cisco Switch on each end of the Point to Point So they are still in the Same TCPIP Network and I thought it could be the Cisco Switch or the Fiber but why does it work with any other Servers or NIC cards I can Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection map the drive to the G if I use the DOS command but as soon as try to do the Dir command I get nothing or the drive disconnects But if I go to any other server from the G it works too It only fails when I try to map into the G from any other type of Server If this is a TCPIP problem how does it fail only one way And to add to the puzzle I have all the Nics set to link Speed Full so I am not even using Auto Negotiate What in the TCP IP world could be the problem And Why does HP not admit that it could be something with the built in NIC card of the G s nbsp

A:Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-map-network-drive-to-a-hp-dl380-g5-server-if-i-use-a-ptp-connection.628925/
Relevancy 57.19%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've been fighting a gremlin in my desktop. it's an eMachines running Windows 7, Yes a WalMart Special. I am hard wired into a router. That seems fine because I'm online with my netbook writing this. Yesterday, I could get online, sometimes it took awhile because of a DNS Server not responding, at least that's what the computer told me. But now it says I'm not even connected to a network. I am clueless. HELP!!!

A:Solved: First, DNS Server not repsonding, NOW no network connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-first-dns-server-not-repsonding-now-no-network-connection.1114442/
Relevancy 56.76%

hello new to any type of torum like this so sorry if this isn't the right place for this i have a dell inspiron laptop with windows xp home edition version service pack this computer had been used for questionable surfing activities possibly without any antivirus maybe no firewall i haven't been able to get online with this computer for a long long time and recently i've been trying to figure not a but problem? have is network I found, connection winsock server out why over the last couple of days i've probably done a lot more harm than good as i've tried to solve this problem but hopefully it can still be saved in network connections it I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem? shows i am connected to a wireless router that works fine as it connects the computer i'm currently on when i try to open a webpage server is not found for firefox and internet explorer just sits there trying to connect when i run windir network diagnostic xpnetdiag exe i kept getting a message that said there was a problem with winsock catalog although after my attempts to fix this now network diagnostics just tells me to contact the company that provides support here's what i've done to make matters worse i've reinstalled service pack no good reason just thought i'd try this i've installed comodo firewall i've installed avast found many trojans and rootkits done boot time scans still found rootkit on the last boot time scan i've installed malware bytes found several trojans i've installed superantispyware found a couple things i've installed spybot found a couple things i've installed ccleaner and privazer just to see if that could somehow help i ran winsockfix exe did i mention i don't know what i'm doing i ran winsockxpfix exe in for a penny in for a pound i followed directions found at support microsoft that had me delete some winsock things from the registry install tcp ip of course this did not work either i don't know what ipconfig exe does but on my computer an internal error occurs and the request is not supported it's also unable to query host name at this point i'm surprised it still turns on on the upside i fixed the cd drive which had stopped working by uninstalling the hardware and then it reinstalled itself when restarted got that idea from bleepingcomputer so i figured i'd ask this question here i feel sorry for the person that decides to help me i'm good with a telescope i know a lot about rocks i can run heavy equipment get a computer online not so much any attempt to help with this is greatly appreciated thanks jb

A:I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem?

Hi liquiescapes  On a working computer with a USB flash drive to download and transfer logs and software, Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply. Download then run Farbar Service Scanner and checkmark all boxes.Click Scan and then a Notepad text will open. Copy-Paste the report on your next reply.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501132/i-have-a-network-connection-but-server-is-not-found-winsock-problem/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi! I have a wired Ethernet connection between a PC and a Mac (is that the issue?), and when locally hosted servers (on PC) are hosted, I get issues, but mainly issues binding to ports. Is the issue that I am not using a router or something like that?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47561-bind-server-port-private-network-connection-no-router.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All,

Its critical for me to get some solution to this problem that has all of a sudden popped up.

We have a windows server 2003 machine running some server applications. After some time it stops connecting to any other machine on network. Web browser does not open page hosted over intranet, ODBC links to DBs on other machine stop connecting, remote desktop windows to other computers on network do not open, etc. However, it keeps pinging other machines.

Although, from some other machine, I can open remote desktop window to this server. I suspect the server reaches a point where it cannot open any more connections (maximum sockets opened?). After giving a restart, the server works fine (for a while!)

Can anybody help me with this? Server is hosting an application at client-site which is in production. Can't afford any downtime. Any help/suggestion will be highly praised.

Regards
Adnan

A:Windows server 2003 stopping to establish connection to any other machine on network

have you checked DNS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-stopping-to-establish-connection-to-any-other-machine-on-network.773236/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey I ve been having this problem ever since coming back home from university My laptop doesnt seem to be able to stay internet not to connection connection but Losing laptop wireless on the internet very well I ll be randomly browsing downloading whatever and then suddenly it ll stop The wireless icon on the taskbar comes up with a amp quot amp quot and says no internet access The wireless connection is still full strength at this point but no internet What I don t understand is that the internet connection to the main computer which is wired works fine all the time the internet connection works on the other wireless laptops in the house and at uni I Losing internet connection to laptop but not wireless connection have no problems with the wireless internet I don t know where the problem can be Turning off the wireless card and turning it back on works for a few minutes or so restarting the computer works for a bit longer It usually works just long enough for me to get the false hope that it s fixed itself Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F BCHR H CN U VD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I m not particularly tech savvy computers and myself dont seem to get on very well I ve absolutely no idea where to go from here Cheers for any help guys nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok, my problem started about 2 months ago, i'd try connecting to a game that required internet, and my connection would almost always be lost. A month ago, i couldn't connect to most of my games but Warcraft3 and Counter-Strike 1.6. Just about a week ago, i start losing my connection to both games. 3 days ago, my biggest problem arrived, my computer wasn't able to pick up any wireless networks to connect to. So, I haven't had a connection since then.
If you need any other information to help me with this problem, ask,
Jaymes

A:Started losing wireless connection, then no connection at all.

we need to knwo if its lap/desktop, what model/make the wifi card is and what access point/router etc your using..

but some ideas in the meantime
1. get a friend;s laptop with wifi and see if it will connect to the router
2. install your wifi card in question on a different machine, security settings and all
3. if you cant still pick up anything with the pc goto teh nearest place that you knwo will have a wifi hotspot active (if its not a desktop )
4. cable to your router/access point directly and with teh help of another pc/laptop with wifi see if it picks any signal up.
5. observe any changes that happend to before and during your problem period ie: new furnature, weather conditions, tv, radio, electrical stuff etc... move the access point around a bit see if it helps out
6. using cable directly to your internet connection and verify all is ok...

those steps should tell you whats at fault, or at least give us a sign

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/started-losing-wireless-connection-then-no-connection-at-all.43538/
Relevancy 51.6%

I saw another post that had the exact same problem I m having just that my problem is on a desktop We got wireless internet a few months ago and my desktop was working fine with it Have a wireless adapter for Wireless Losing Adapter Computer and Network Network Recognition the internet Then a few weeks ago the internet started randomly disconnecting from only my computer I thought it was a network problem But then I hit something and the internet was working fine again for a few weeks Now it s Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition on the fritz Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition again starting yesterday When I try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the network it will tell me that there were no networks to connect to And when I unplug the adapter and plug it back in to the usb ports it ll tell me that my computer can t recognize the adapter that it s malfunctioning I ve tried the adapter in all the ports and it gives me the same message I have to restart my computer to get it to both recognize the adapter and the network so it ll connect again once it s restarted The internet will last for random periods of time When the internet goes out I get the yellow triangle error thing first on the network icon it doesn t just go right to there being nothing period and having the X symbol only after I try disconnecting from the network Sometimes all day then I ll leave the computer on over night and find the internet is out again on it in the morning Or it ll last for only a few minutes Sometimes the computer won t lose the network if I try disconnecting and reconnecting from the network It ll reconnect to the local network but when it s trying to find the network to connect to the internet it can t find it It ll say undiscovered network I thought maybe the adapter was faulty so I ve tried switching it with the adapter from another computer It still did the same thing with the other adapter And nothing is wrong with the adapter I was using it worked fine in the other computer when I put it in Both adapters are good When the usb ports stop working for the adapter it s only the adapter having problems Everything else still works fine I have no clue what the problem could be I never had any network internet problems when we had wired internet Here is the system info for my computer I really need help this is causing me heart attacks x x I really don t understand much about computers so if any help could be explained really simply and in a lot of detail so I can understand I d really appreciate it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition

Do other usb devices work fine on the computer? For instance, if you plug in a thumb drive the computer, is the computer able to recognize the drive as well as read/write data to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-losing-wireless-network-adapter-and-network-recognition.1056416/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Windows Server box that currently hosts almost of my clients' websites The symptom of my problem is very frustrating the server will periodically lose connectivity to the database and any sites hosted on the machine will not be able to connect to the database rendering them useless The odd thing is that once this happens the server can't connect to any database local over the network MSSQL SQLExpress even MySql The only way to rectify the problem is to reboot the server My webhosting company noticed the following errors in th error log that they thought were suspicious Error Possible Malware Losing Windows Connectivity, Sql Server The euqznfmeworks service Windows Server Losing Sql Connectivity, Possible Malware terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified Service C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k euqznfmeworks-----------------Error The lzijem service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified Service C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k lzijem-----------------Error The NET Framework TPM service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified Service command C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NETFramework-----------------Error The NET Frameworks TPM service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified Service C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NETFrameworks-----------------Error The NET Frameworkzs service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified Service C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k krnlsrvc I also found a service called copSSHD with the following as it's run line C Program Files copSSH bin cygrunsrv exe I noticed that sshd exe is listening on a non-standard port C Documents and Settings Administrator gt netstat -anbActive ConnectionsProto Local Address Foreign Address State PIDTCP LISTENING sshd exe Anyway as per your forum guidelines I ran Deckard's Scan Here are both sets of results Any help is greatly appreciated Deckard's System Scanner v Run by on - - Computer is in Normal Mode --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Virtual Machine Additions vmsrvc exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers avp exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files copSSH bin cygrunsrv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files copSSH bin sshd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers avp exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC Program Files copSSH bin sshd exeC Program Files copSSH bin sftp-server exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system rdpclip exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Virtual Machine Additions vmusrvc exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers avp exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system cmd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv w wp exeC WINDOWS sys... Read more

A:Windows Server Losing Sql Connectivity, Possible Malware

If you did not install CopSSH on your server, then you have been hacked and the suggest action would be to reinstall. A remote user having SSH access to your computer would make it possible for them to make any change they want and we would be unable to find them all. In these situations, a rebuild is the only safe option. Let's dig down a big and see what they may have done.First download the attached bc_reg.bat and save it to your desktop. Double-click on the bat file to run it and then paste the contents of the notepad that opens as a reply to this topic. When done, please visit the following link and use the instructions there to post a ComboFix log as a reply to this topic:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixWhen following the instructions please install the Windows XP Recovery Console if you are using XP.After running ComboFix, please post the ComboFix log as well as a brand new HijackThis as a reply to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162949/windows-server-losing-sql-connectivity-possible-malware/
Relevancy 50.31%

My boss asked me to post this. Our mail server is a Windows 2003 server that is losing resources to the point where our sniffer program and Decluse will not run causing all spam to come through until we restart it. he ahs tweak a few things and email this for me to post

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 333
Date: 11/12/2006
Time: 7:29:05 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EXPERTSMAIL
Description:
An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The Registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the Registry.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 6c 00 ......l.
0008: 00 00 00 00 4d 01 00 c0 ....M..
0010: 00 00 00 00 4d 01 00 c0 ....M..
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys I Initially mistakenly posted this topic in the wrong forum but having been directed here will give losing connectivity XP print server machine it a shot I XP machine losing print server connectivity realize as XP is out of support you may be unable to answer this but you miss of the shots you don't take XP machine losing print server connectivity so here goes nothing nbsp I have old XP PCs XP machine losing print server connectivity running some legacy Fox Pro programs They both seem to have issues communicating with the print server in our network The print server is R They can ping other servers and PCs and access network resources but they seem to think the print server is offline When I attempt to ping it by name it seems like the PC has no DNS entry for the server however if I check our DNS server the print server is listed and it resolves just fine from other PCs I can ping the server's IP address directly For now I have set up a direct printing option to the network printer they need but my upper management wants to know why this is occurring I have verified that the PCs and the print server are all on the same subnet and have the same mask So I'm totally stumped It's not occurring with any other XP machines that are still around due to legacy programs it's only the Fox Pro machines Could it have to do with Fox Pro After the reply I got earlier I would like to add IPv is disabled on the server and the XP machines don't have it installed Disabling SNMP didn't resolve this either The XP boxes can't seem to find the name of the print server however I have verified that it has correct DNS entries in our DNS servers Direct IP connection to the print server works but is less than ideal as our GPO uses the print server names nbsp Thanks for your time

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88931b2b-bb70-4b7b-b5ba-47abde5bf8b2/xp-machine-losing-print-server-connectivity?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 50.31%

We have encountered a phenomena as of late where we completely lose access to our shares upon reboot of the server. Any ideas regarding settings in the server registry that may retain the shared drives? The drives are actually on a Dell MD3000i array. thanks

A:losing shares on 2003 server on reboot

It looks like it is an issue of the order of how the services are started (i.e. the server service is starting before the SAN service upon reboot...restarting the server service will bring up shares again). anyone know how to change the order in the registry? cannot find Server service in the services folder nor can I find the SAN service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-shares-on-2003-server-on-reboot.729630/
Relevancy 50.31%

My home computer runs Vista Ultimate, and is somewhat powerful.
As part of my school work, I have Server 2008 set up, which I usually access through remote desktop (terminal services), which is within a LAN.

Somehow both of them keep losing their backgrounds, and turn black. My Vista machine usually loses the background when I play a game, and then come back to the desktop. I have more than enough RAM, 4GB for Age of Mythology. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use one of the included DreamScene things, or a plain coloured background.

As for the server, just a simple light blue colour, and the next time I come on it is black again. I think it must happen when I go away for the day, because disconnecting and then reconnecting to the session doesn't cause any problems.

At least any ideas behind why this keeps happening?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-even-server-2008-losing-backgrounds.759562/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am running a windows server 2003 domain and was wondering if anyone knew of a proven way to join a users to the domain and keep there current profile?
Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all, first time posting here I'm praying as I type this that my internet won't go out right now.

So anyway, I've got the Charter value-pack or something where we get TV, phone, and internet service. However, in the past 3 days, we lose internet and phone connection EXTREMELY often, probably every 5-10 minutes, and it's out for anywhere from 2-30 minutes. But we don't lose our TV signal.

Any suggestions on what I can do to find out what's wrong? I called Charter and they are going to send out a "technician", but I'd rather fix the problem today. Thank you in advance.

Went out twice while typing this.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys im new to this site as im at my last thread with my constant loss of network connection losing Help! Keep - connection We have a computer upstairs that we have turned on so that the laptop we have downstairs can access the files and printer we are on sky wireless broadband the Keep losing connection - Help! upstairs computer never loses connection but the laptop downstairs always does it used to do it every mins or so and now since we did a windows update thinking this would help it does it every few mins sometimes it wont come back so i have to connect it myself by right clicking and finding our sky broadband connection which is always full strenght ive noticed that since the update we did it has started saying something along the lines of quot your current settings are not compatible with the laptop quot but if you refresh it it aquires the IP address and eventually connects Is there anything we can do as its driving us MAD im copying this text as i go so that when i lose connection i dont lose all this text i have just written any help would be great we use windows its a compaq laptop and we use sky wireless broadband thanks Marie nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I am new to wireless broadband and am having problems enjoying a game of poker. I keep getting timed out. Computer seems to freeze or lose connections for awhile and then starts again. Only happens on poker sites during games. Is this a network problem? Help please.

Relevancy 49.02%

I'm not relly sure what's wrong with my computer. But, for some reason. Whenever I'm on. AIM will log off for no reason. Internet Explorer or FireFox will freeze. It's like my internet connection is being interupted or something. But, I'm not really sure what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dealing with this the past week or 2 has been a pain.

Rob

Relevancy 49.02%

hi guys i bought a toshiba LD 300 laptop at christmas running vista home premium Set it all up to connect to my siemans gigaset se 587 router. i have the router wired up to my desktop using windows xp sp2 that works fine. The laptop keeps dropping connection and wont come back on unless you reboot and sometimes that wont work. sometimes the laptop wont even pick up the router in the same room or any network can't work out wether the problem is with the laptop or the router? any ideas?

A:losing connection

Make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from Toshiba's web site.

Make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade for the router. Then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure.

If you are using WEP encryption expect more problems (with Vista) than with WPA(2)-PSK encryption.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection.810199/
Relevancy 49.02%

System:
desktop
XP Home 2002 SP3
Intel Celeron [email protected] GHz
150 Gig Ram

Only computer using ethernet connection and Cox communication.

Repeatedly lose internet connection, requiring reboot to regain net.
Where should I look first and what to do ?

Regards
Charles

A:losing net connection

Go to Start/Run and type CMD in the Command Prompt type ipconfig and hit enter. You should get an IP Address (192.168.0.x) If you have an address of 0.0.0.0 or a 169.x.x.x then type ipconfig /release and hit enter. Then type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. And then ipcofig again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/losing-net-connection-403785.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Had ie8 installed and kept having loss of connection problems,(keeps checking for connection problems). Removed...same problems with ie7....removed ie7,( %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe),and did a clean re-install of ie7 ,and still does the same.
It's not the isp(roadrunner) ,been online with them ,all gone through, we read 100% on the browser.
This computer(my wifes) is on a wireless modem from mine...i have no probem on mine. I have ie8.
Like i say, good for 15min. at a time, then loses connection.
Any ideas ?

A:all IE 6,7,8,losing connection

Do other internet applications also loose connection? or just IE?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/all-ie-6-7-8-losing-connection-422203.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently had a Trojan horse Dialer.17.E on my Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop. I have Windows XP Pro SP2. I had to repair my winsock settings in order to connect through my dial-up. That now works fine. However, I also have a DSL connection that now keeps losing connection to the internet every few minutes. I have a brand new rj-45 cable which works perfectly well with my desktop PC while connecting through DSL. I have reinstalled my ethernet connection through Device Manager. I even went to 3com website and downloaded the latest driver, but nothing helped. I have to unplug/plug my network cable in order to connect to the internet every few minutes; just clicking on repair will not work. I have run anti-virus programs, spyware removal and programs to rid my computer of malware; my laptop is free of all viruses & malware, but I'm still having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 49.02%

When I play playstation 2 online and some one gets on the internet on my computer we both lose connection. What is wrong?

I have a Broadband connection and I am using a linksys wireless router and linksys wireless gaming adapter.

Thank You!

Relevancy 49.02%

When playing games (cribbage) in zone msn I constantly am "booted" from the game Im playing. I freeze and then message say "your connection has been closed". I am in windowns nt and because I live in the country my internet conneection is thru a company called Air Speed that gets its signal from a tower.

Can you help me?

Really I don't think it's your connection from your internet provider. Zone has never been stable. You might want to try POGO instead. More stable and have better games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection.345171/
Relevancy 49.02%

i am loosing connection for every 2 minutes sometimes immediately when i log on onto msn , even my internet connection is working properly
i have the latest version of msn, my firewall is zone alarm

tks for helping me

A:losing connection only with msn

disable firewall and see if better

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/losing-connection-only-with-msn-321628.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Windows XP home version, sometimes I will have a connection to the internet,
sometimes I won't. I have contacted my ISP, everything on their end is good, problem
apparently is with my system. I can be on a website, change to another, get "page not
available". I can be away from my computer, come back and start to use it, "page not available". The only way I can fix it is to go to network connections and click repair. Even
then it will be showing me connected. It is like my system is timing out or something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-connection.428561/
Relevancy 49.02%

Frequently lose the connection. The only thing that makes it reconnect is picking up cordless phone and making a call. This is NOT wireless internet.

A:losing DSL connection

I can't say I've ever heard that one before. In this case you really need to call your ISP and talk to them. It sounds like something more then just resetting your DSL modem can fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-dsl-connection.825292/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just got Linksys wireless adapter with speedbooster, WMP54GS.

I can connect to internet but it loses a connection every few minutes. I mean I lose a connection for 1~2 sec and it automatically connects after 1~2 sec.
Because of this problem, I can't download large size files, also can't connect to any on-line games.

I tried these:

1.disable windows firewall.
2.disable authenticatioin thing.
3.format harddrive and reinstall windows
4.reinstall the adapter(and driver also).

I don't have my own router, building has it somewhere....
How can I fix this?

Thank You!

A:losing connection...

Sounds like your problem may be interference from other 2.4GHz devices or maybe incompatibility with the boost feature of the adapter, try disabling the boost feature. You may also be too far from the router. What is your signal strength?

If the router is not one that supports the speed boost feature on your adapter then that would be the reasoning for my statement about that.

If you, or anyone else has a 2.4GHz phone or other device on that frequency, that can cause this as well as many other possible problems with the connection. The reason is that 802.11b and g both use the 2.4GHz freq and are subject to interference from any other device running on that freq. To try and resolve this, you could change the channel on the router if you had access to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/losing-connection.15661/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hope someone can resolve this minor problem. I am running xp pro, and untill this problem i usually left my machine on 24/7. For the last few weeks though if i leave it on overnight, i lose my connection, i am running on cable, in other words the internet connection was lost. i bring up the local area connection status window, and there is no gateway connection showing, i hit the repair connection option, and i am back in buisness, easy as that, Like i said, a minor problem, but i would like to find out what is causing this, I have no power options set to turn off anything. Thanks..The old one

I am having the same problem. I just got a new computer (a gateway) about a month ago and with my old computer I could leave it on all day and night but now I get disconnected from the internet after about 35 minutes of being idle. I've no idea where to fix the problem.....

I know this was an old post but have you found anyway to fix it???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection.266585/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a USB 3.0 that keeps dropping the connection to the devices I try connect to. For example it recognizes my external HDD but then drops it second later. Then it flashes on and off in being recognized. With my wireless keyboard it doesn't recognize it at all. DO you have suggestions for me?

A:USB 3.0 losing connection

Check for updates at your PC / MB manufacturers website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/204482-usb-3-0-losing-connection.html
Relevancy 49.02%

vaio vgn nw270f

I keep losing my network connection on this laptop. my ipad and my wifes laptop have no connection problems
what is wrong and how do i fix it??
thanks

A:keep losing connection

would you post the following tests when its working OK and then repeat ALL the tests when it disconnects and make sure you also tells which tests posted are for what condition

if you are also connected by wireless include the xirrus screen shots

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if separate, the make and exact model of the modem

Also please make a note of the status of the light on the modem and on the router when working normally - post back here and then when disconnected post the status of the lights here again if changed

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-connection.1058912/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all,

Leaving for work in 5 mins so will reply to any questions later. I've just built my PC and got everything up and running. Have one problem though, every 2 or 3 mins I get the pop-up in the bottom right saying that a 'Network cable is unplugged' and it reconnects literally a second later. This causes 2 or 3 second lag spikes on online games which is really annoying. It's connected to the same router as my other PC, which is having no problems. I have also tried a different cable but it made no difference. My board is an Asus P5KC and the connection that is being lost is an Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet controller.

Thanks for your time,

Tom

A:Keep losing my LAN connection

Try another port on the router?

Download and install the latest driver for your network controller. If that doesn't help, try setting the network link speed and duplex manually in the NIC properties.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keep-losing-my-lan-connection.92544/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.
I keep losing my internet connection.The connection is shared between a laptop and a desktop computer. When the internet on the desktop is down, the laptop's internet remains connected.
It is not a problem with the modem or the ISP.
I can ping both the DNS and the IP.
I am running windows XP.

Please help.

Also. when my phone rings, all of our connections go out temporarily. We do not have dial-up and the connection comes back when phone is still in use. Any ideas why?

Connected with router.
Using cable.

A:Keep losing connection.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-connection.782970/
Relevancy 49.02%

I wasn't sure what section to put this in, as i don't think it's truly a networking problem. About once a day, I lose connection while playing online games. It disconnects me from my game, and from my voice client, and will not reconnect until I restart my computer. However, this problem only affects things like games and voice clients, my browser works fine and if i was just browsing the internet I wouldn't even notice. Also it doesn't appear to be network related, because it happens on whatever network I am on (I move my computer around a fair amount). I'm using windows XP, on a wired connection, and when this happens I get no error messages besides the ones ingame that tell me I am lagging out. Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection.947285/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a new HP notebook running Vista and my AIM connection keeps getting lost and reconnected (every 2-3 mins or so). As I have never had this problem with XP, I was wondering if this was possibly Vista related?

Thank you in adavnce for your time and effort on this!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-my-aim-connection.561749/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a PC connected to Router and a wifi router connected to the wired router, which I use for connection when using laptop. All has worked fine for 18-24 months. But. Now at the same time each day, I lose internet connection from my laptop. If I reboot the router, all is fine again for another 24 hours. Any suggestions as to how I can find out why the connection is dropping. Before rebooting the router, it seems that is working fine and the PC via the wired connection is OK.

Relevancy 49.02%

I just downloaded a patch from a game and now I randomly lose internet connection The other computer on this router is having no problems This computer is wired thru a linksys wireless router the other computer is wireless When I try the repair icon on the network support folder I get a message that it losing connection cannot be repaired When I use the ipconfig release there is no problem When I try ipconfig renew I get no response Here is the data from ipconfig all Any suggestions losing connection Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - losing connection Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name my- c c f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - F-EA- - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f eaff fe c Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Thursday September PM Lease Expires Friday losing connection September P M Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings user gt nbsp

Finally, the error message showed up

An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection: unable to contact your DHCP server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-connection.630180/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey This is my connection Losing first post on these forums so please tell me if I do something wrong I have Internet explorer i think and whats been happening is around - times and hour I lose Losing connection connection This has been happening particularly when i play online games with other people My screen goes black but i can still see the adress bar and all that stuff up there I get a message in the upper-left Losing connection of my screen that says I have lost connection or my computer freeses This is very annoying I have done a little Losing connection research on this and i belive it has something to do with Ireland and some program called Bonjour also known as reandezvous sp It has been happening since around September th though it has been getting steadily worse I am pretty sure that this is not an isolated situation as on other forums I have seen people complaining about it also It might be my connection to the internet but I have checked all my cables and they are fine Please help Thanks a bunch

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/losing-connection-313608.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have tried everythingkeep losing my connection.have done everything AOL suggestes.can anyone help me?
[email protected]

Relevancy 49.02%

Can any one suggest me Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

Operating System if possible XP otherwise Windows 2000 Server
Thankssss a lot in advance

A:Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

1. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network File Server).
2. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.
3. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network Print Server).
4. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-network-file-server-and-network-print-server.1054988/
Relevancy 49.02%

Recently while installing Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server I have been losing my administrator shares. I.E. c$, D$, ADMIN$, etc. I haven't noticed at what point this happens, but I think it might be the stage where I set system policies for terminal users. How can I get the shares back. Particularly the ADMIN$ share, as this one is reserved and does not allow me to recreate it. I really do not want to start over with this install for the third time!

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell T workstation computer running Windows Professional Bit and recently I have been losing my WiFi internet connection I am using a Netgear N router with a Netgear N USB WiFi antennae Until recently I had Connection Internet Losing not experienced any problems but lately when I plug a USB flash drive into my computer and then remove it I lose my internet connection I always remove my flash drives by using the app in the Windows System Tray to stop the drive before I remove it After I remove the flash drive I lose my internet connection and when I look at the Available Networks widget in System Tray is shows my network but with zero bars and the diagnostic utility is of no use at resolving Losing Internet Connection the problem or re-connecting The only way I have found to re-connect is to shut my computer down and re-start it I have looked in Device Manager and they are no warnings or errors and everything appears to be playing nice so I am stumped and any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Losing Internet Connection

This first question may seem insulting, but I'm just trying to not overlook an obvious possibility ...

Are you positive that you are not selecting 'remove wireless adapter' instead of 'remove flash drive'?

It sounds like there is some unusual problem with the USB ports or with the "safely remove" feature. Have you tried to get the wireless working again by (physically) removing and reinserting the wireless adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection.1098639/
Relevancy 48.59%

For the last two weeks my pc has been losing internet connection every five mins or so. It completely crashes approximately 2 to 3 times a week and requires me to reinstall Windows XP to access my desktop again. The first time it crashed I lost all files ( pic, docs, ect) and was unable to retrieve them. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to prevent this from happening.. also are my files lost forever?

Thanks!

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, my pc lost connection twice while typing this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashing-and-losing-connection.856648/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have this problem where my wireless internet connection just stops and i have to turn off my wlan and turn it back on.... ive checked my modem/router and they are working fine. It's only my computer that has this problem. Weird because I've never had this problem before.

Relevancy 48.59%

For some reason I get disconnected for no apparent reason, turning the modem off and on or a restart usually fixes the problem for a few moments, I use www.dpreview a lot, is it possible the fault is there? I have run disk check, disc clean, defragged and all the other obvious solutions but to no avail, can anyone help me?

A:Keep losing my internet connection.

Quote: Originally Posted by grounded

For some reason I get disconnected for no apparent reason, turning the modem off and on or a restart usually fixes the problem for a few moments, I use www.dpreview a lot, is it possible the fault is there? I have run disk check, disc clean, defragged and all the other obvious solutions but to no avail, can anyone help me?

A few questions that will help in diagnosing the problem;

1. Wired or WiFI connection?
2. Is there a router?
3. Provider, such as; Comcast, CenturyLink, etc?
4. Is the location in a single family home or multi-unit building?
5. Are you using any security features on the system, such as a firewall?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309275-keep-losing-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Good Morning all Something has been happening to hubby s computer at the office for the past days that has us mystified He is running XP home see my second post for help with his Hijack This log and is on DSL He can go to a first web page any - doesn t Losing Connection Internet matter but when he tries to switch to another he loses his internet connection It won t come back on unless he restarts his computer Then it starts again - web site at a Losing Internet Connection time We ve contacted our ISP and they report that others including some of the techs themselves have had this same problem They think it must be some kind of virus but they don t know what We downloaded and ran Symantec s fix for MyDoom and it came out clean We ve run AdAware Spybot Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster Oh and CWShredder Updating each time Any suggestions I m sure my tech help at Northwest would appreciate it and so would we Thanks Sally nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello long time reader first time poster I searched around for answers and I saw many similar problems as mine but none of the solutions fixed the problem My internet consists of Motorola Surfboard modem connected to Linksys VoIP Phone Adapter with Router which is then connected to the Linksys Constantly losing connection WRT G Wireless Router I use Windows Vista on of my computers and of them is a Macbook Pro I doubt this matters because when the internet loses connection all computers lose it simultaneously Constantly losing connection Everything is fine and dandy for around - minutes However after a random time period it suddenly seems to lose connection for about seconds to seconds then come back This is extremely frustrating if I was in a middle of a computer game which can last for minutes or a hour- especially when I m online with my friends I diagnosed the connection when it lost its connection was dead and it showed the message Cannot Communicate with DNS server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not Constantly losing connection receive a response This was going on for a while now and I ve been trying to fix the problem to no avail My friends call me the DCer Disconnecter or PPer Plug Puller because of this frustrating problem Any help is greatly appreciated and I will take steps necessary to single out the problem Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Constantly losing connection

I'd suggest you change the configuration and connect the WRT54G directly to the modem, then connect the VoIP adapter to one of the router ports. I've used my VoIP with both the Vonage adapter, and now the Linksys one in that configuration for years.

Before I did that, I used to have random disconnections with the router behind the VoIP box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constantly-losing-connection.857244/
Relevancy 48.59%

Everytime I make a bridge between my wireless connection and my local area connection I lose my wireless connection to the internet why is this?

A:Keep losing connection when bridging...

It would help if you actually told us something about the whole network.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 216.109.112.135

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-connection-when-bridging.710298/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have got a connection. keep losing wireless wireless home network set up i have got a Sky router which i think it the first version the white one i then have a number of computers and xbox s connected to it via wireless my problem is with computer which i use the most it keeps keep losing wireless connection. losing full connection and keep losing wireless connection. going to limited connection other times it will only get limited connection the computer uses a USB wireless device D-Link DWL-g version B To get the computer to connect properly with full network and internet assess i have to either remove the wireless adaptor wait a min and then reconnect it this some times works and if that does not work i have to restart the computer Even restarting the computer does not always do it and removing the USB device and reinserting it will eventually work no other computer on the network has a problem with the network there are laptops all with internal wireless adaptors xbox s desktop computers both using external usb wireless adaptors the other desktop works fine but mine is the one with the problem i have tried changing the wireless adaptor but this did not work still get the same problem I run Vista home prem with sp all drivers for the USB devices are up to date are there any other settings that may affect the connection Cheers JPLamb nbsp