Windows Support Forum

viewing files on network computers

Q: viewing files on network computers

i recently networked my computers (home and work)using tcp/ip protocol. i tried to connect my home computer to work computer; i got connected - the little icon connection shows connected. my question is "how can i view my work computer files? so i can access them. thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: viewing files on network computers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: viewing files on network computers

What OS are you using and did you set up as a PPTP? How far away are the computers? Same building or different city???

[This message has been edited by Doolies (edited 11-22-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-files-on-network-computers.29452/
Relevancy 74.82%

I need some help. I was using a router for my network. I out grew my 4 port router so I connected a switch to the router and now I am unable to view my workgroup computers.
Here is the set up. Internet into router (wan port) then I have a single connection running from the router to the switch and then I have all of my computers plugged into the switch. No computers are hooked up to the router anymore. Why am I not able to see my workgroup computers? I am able to search for them and it will list their shared files but I cannot use My Network Places to view the shared documents. Please email me with any question or answers.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 74.82%

I have a network at the office that has 15 computers on it all running Windows 7. Everything has been working fine but I have something very strange happening right now.

I am putting a new computer online and when I go to the network window only 7 of the computers show up and unfortunately the file server isn't one of them so I can't establish a connection to the shared files. All the othe computers in the network are showing the same thing in the network window. Since they already had maps to the shared folder they are still able to access files through that mapping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380583-viewing-network-computers.html
Relevancy 73.53%

is there a way of viewing which computers are connected to a wireless network at any one time?
without logging into router settings?

A:Viewing which computers are connected on my wireless network

A free program like Angry IP Scanner can give you a list of connected computers for a given block of IP addresses. It does not separate wired vs. wireless connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-which-computers-are-connected-on-my-wireless-network.621246/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi am having problem sharing files and veiwing my workgroup computers. pls help

A:sharing files and viewing workgroup computers

More info please.  The more info we have the easier it is to help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532658/sharing-files-and-viewing-workgroup-computers/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, hoping someone can give me the easiest way to view files between PC's

I have one desktop PC running Win 7 with all my media connected via ethenet to my router

and one laptop running XP plugged into my TV in another room which i browse the net on via WiFi

(there is no phone line in the living room)

So, is it possible to remotely connect to media on the desktop PC using the laptop?

I want to access the files i have on the desktop and play them on the laptop in the living room

Ive heard of homegroup for win7 but the laptop has XP,

Hope someone can help!

thanks in advance

Relevancy 64.07%

When I'm networked to my laptop and I go to view, copy or open a file on the laptop from my desktop pc, it freezes for about 20 second before opening. It only does this every 3 or 4 attempts and not every time but when It happens it will lock up and i get the egg timer as if it's waiting for something to happen.

However this ony happens one way. When I view or open files on my desktop pc from the laptop I don't get this problem. Thing is I don't know what's causing it or which machine is at fault but I suspect it's the desktop pc because I'm also getting long delays when opening Internet Explorer window and the Network Icon in the system tray is showing no activity for about 20 seconds.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me?

A:PC Freezes when viewing/copying network files

Fix for slow network browsing, Stop Browsing Scheduled Tasks.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type regedit in the text box and click the OK button.

Once the Registry Editor has loaded, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
Next, expand Software and Microsoft, then Windows and expand that as well.

You will want to be editing the main system files, so expand CurrentVersion, then Explorer key.

Next, you will want to modify the remote computer settings, so expand the RemoteComputer key and then expand the NameSpace key to show all of the features that are enabled when you browse to a remote computer.

In the NameSpace folder you will find two entries. One is "{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}" which tells Explorer to show printers shared on the remote machine. The other, "{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}," tells Explorer to show remote scheduled tasks. This is the one that you should delete. This will prevent the system from browsing the scheduled tasks on the remote computer which seems to take forever for some strange reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-when-viewing-copying-network-files.692150/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am haveing trouble viewing files that I share among my computer network, I was shareing a couple of files on it the network.When I went to My Network Places last night to access one of them all the files appeared then disappeared off of my other computer.
All of my computers have Windows XP sp2

Computer 1
Sony Viao desktop

Computer 2
HP desktop

Computer 3
Gateway laptop

Relevancy 63.21%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

If this has been asked before, I apologize. I've been looking a lot and have been unable to locate an answer.

I have 3 Windows 7 Computers in my home. Each one has a specific drive that I want to be able to be publicly edited by the other computers. I can get them to connect to each other and open files, but I cannot get them to be able to edit them or add files to the respective network drives. I would really like to be able to allow my PCs to edit other PCs files in my specified drives.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:How to Allow Computers on Network to edit/add files to each other?

Open up the properties dialog on the drive you are sharing, Go to the sharing tab, click to open Advanced Sharing, Tick share this folder, Click to open Permissions, Tick Full Control, Click apply, Click Ok, Click Ok, Click Close.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351592-how-allow-computers-network-edit-add-files-each-other.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys I m having on two network? a Sharing computers between files some trouble here My situation is this I have a desktop connected via ethernet Sharing files between two computers on a network? cable and a laptop connected wirelessly I read that in order for them to be on the quot same quot network they have to either both be connected by cable or both be wireless So I plugged in the laptop and now they are both connected via ethernet cable I went through Sharing files between two computers on a network? the Network Setup Wizard on both computers and that seemed to work fine When I go to quot My Network Places quot on my desktop it shows a folder called quot Shared Docs on Johnjsal quot which is my desktop name When I go to quot My Network Places quot on my laptop it shows this same folder as well as the folders I ve tried to share from my laptop But the folders I ve tried to share from my laptop do not show up on my desktop It seems like they are each simply reading from themselves and they aren t actually connected or sharing anything Is there a step I m missing to get this to work properly Thanks EDIT When I go to quot View Workgroup Computers quot in the left side panel of My Network Places it shows both my computer and my laptop But when I double-click on my laptop I get this error where quot X quot is my laptop name quot X is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The network path was not found quot However when I do the same on my laptop I am able to access my desktop shared files Is there something more I still need to do for it to work the other way as well nbsp

A:Sharing files between two computers on a network?

Nevermind! It was because Windows Firewall was somehow "On" on my laptop!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-files-between-two-computers-on-a-network.694054/
Relevancy 59.77%

I just bought a new Windows laptop and I sharing the problem network on same computers between files have successfully connected shared my old Windows laptop to my Windows laptop via an Ethernet cable so that I can copy files from the old to problem sharing files between computers on the same network the new An odd problem has occurred When attempting to copy some folders e g quot My Pictures quot quot My Music quot only a portion of the existing files are getting copied When I look at the quot Properties quot of the folder on my old computer I see the true folder problem sharing files between computers on the same network size and number of files in that folder However when I view the properties of that same folder on my new computer via the shared network and before I initiate any copying to the new computer the folder size and number of files is far less For other folders I've shared between the two computers all files are present and accounted for e g quot My Documents quot For the folders on my old laptop where the folder size and file count don't match what I see on the new laptop I have quot unshared quot those folders and quot re-shared quot them to see if that made any difference and it didn't even after rebooting both laptops Any ideas why I'm not seeing the same folder size and number of files for the same folder when viewed on my old laptop and when viewed as a networked shared folder on my new laptop before any copying

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33010-problem-sharing-files-between-computers-same-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have 5 computers on my home network..4 PC's and 1 Mac. I want to share video files between the computers and when I try I get the screen that wants my user name and password. Trouble is, I don't know which ones they mean. I know I'm a noob here but others setup my main computer and I had an extended health issue And I can't remember the user name or password. Is it the network password? I have that but I have tried every user name I can think of and I can't get it to work. Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-files-with-different-computers-on-home-network.1163282/
Relevancy 59.77%

It reads as though it does:

Quote:
The Windows 7 Offline Files feature allows you to keep on your computer, copies of files normally stored on the network. When you select a network file or folder to make available offline, Windows automatically creates a copy of that file or folder on your computer.
Anytime you reconnect to that network folder, Windows syncs the files with those in the network folder. You can also sync them manually at any time.

So my question is: If you put the exact same files on two network computers with Offline Files turned on, will they sync when you open a file? Or does one have to be a file server for it to work?

A:Does Offline Files sync between network computers?

Hello Greg,

In this case with 3 networked computers, the two separate network computers (ex: A & B) would only sync with the source network computer (ex: C) of the offline files, and not each other directly. They (A & B) would evently be synced though since the are both syncing with C.

Sync Offline Files

Hope this helps some.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118582-does-offline-files-sync-between-network-computers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys well I'm trying to set up the best network possible.... I use the Linksys WRTG. And I have 2 wired computers, and 2 wireless computers. But everyonce in a while I have problems, and don't know what to do... or how to fix them. Right now I can see the folder for my other wired connection, but I can't access it and I can't see the computer in the "View networked computers", so I guess that folder is there just because windows has seen it before, but not now.

I'm thinking about just restarting my network again, anyone have a good guide or anyhting?

Relevancy 59.34%

HiHave a server linked to four computers and a laptop for a business and can't seem to access shared files on server from other computers as it keeps asking for username and password to access it. Have tried to change from workgroup to domain that the server is on so to create username and password but error message keeps coming up 'a domain controller for the domain ata.local could not be contacted or if just use ata as domain it does not accept any username or password. Also have tried suggestions in other forums such as simple sharing and creating an account on other pc's with same username and password as server. All of the systems are windows xp and the server is windows standard fe. Would really appreciate any helpThanksHarry

A:can't access shared files on server from network computers

Hello bighaz,

Are you running a Domain Controller(DC) for your domain? If not, go to 1, if you are go to 2.

1)
If you are not running a domain controller then the user credentials will not be present on every machine thus the error. If all users access the same files then you could create a single generic account on the file server and the users will need to use these credentials to access it. If the users need restricted access to certain files and folders you would need to create multiple accounts on the file server.
Once done ensure that all machines are in the same 'workgroup' default name is WORKGROUP and you should then be able to have access.

2)
If you are running a DC you will need to ensure that all machines are members of the domain and that they know of the IP address of the DC(this will either be set by DHCP if you are running a DHCP server or if all machines have static IP's this will need to be set on each machine. You will then need to add the user accounts to the ACL for the file share they require access to. Remember you may need to add the user to both the share permissions and NTFS permissions.

If the above is still not working can you please confirm that you can ping the file server and also see if you can access file shares on any of the other PC's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-shared-files-on-server-from-network-computers.991581/
Relevancy 59.34%

Just hooked a third computer up to my wireless network. It is running xp home. I can access the internet but not the shared files of the other comuters. When I click on my network places, nothing shows up. The other computers are able to access eachothers files with no problems. Can anyone help??

A:one computer on network cant access other computers shared files

Have you tried Right clicking on the file in question or drive (C:\ i'm guessing) select 'Sharing and Security' ,and check the box in the sharing tab that says, 'Share this folder on the network'? Hope that made sense?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/one-computer-on-network-cant-access-other-computers-shared-files-139469.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have Win computers connected to the same homegroup workgroup via a Cisco Linksys E All four computers are HPs of various makes laptops one of them is a brick and Files IP ONLY visible if network on computers accessed address via desktops Any computer that is awake and online shows up with its name in Network on the other machines However Files on network computers visible ONLY if accessed via IP address double-clicking to view files on these computers returns the following message Code Windows cannot access COMPNAME Check Files on network computers visible ONLY if accessed via IP address the spelling of the name Otherwise there might be a problem with your network To try to identify and resolve network problems click Diagnose Details Error code x - The network path was not found Diagnose as expected did nothing However here's the fun bit - when I try to access files on other computers by browsing their IP address everything works perfectly For now anyway I'm expecting a sudden degradation any day now Is there something I can change either on my systems or on the router itself that will enable me to view files on the other computers by name

A:Files on network computers visible ONLY if accessed via IP address

Hi pikalax,

From the computer that you're trying to access using it's computer name rather than it's IP Address, try the following:

Turn off Password Protected Sharing.
Disable Password Protected Sharing — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

Click on the Start Orb and type secpol.msc press enter then navigate to: > Local Policies > Security Options, locate 'Network Access: Sharing and Security Model for Local Accounts, then choose Guest only and not Classic.

Now, try it again if you can accessing again by typing in the Computer Name from another Computer of course.

Alternatively, it's also easier to map a network drive and create a shortcut on the computer's Desktop. You may do this by using either the Computer Name or IP Address.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207797-files-network-computers-visible-only-if-accessed-via-ip-address.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My computers, one downstairs and one upstairs, see the other computer in the home group, when they are both on and I can access files between them. Is there a way to access the other computer depending on whether we are upstairs or downstairs when the other computer is not on and is in standby or sleep mode.

A:Sharing Files between 2 computers on a network if one is in sleep mode

Not as far as I know, both computers must be turned on to be used, as being in sleep mode means that the computer don't respond to any commands other than to wake it.
An alternative would be to setup and use WakeOnLan feature, so that you can turn on computers remotely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312172-sharing-files-between-2-computers-network-if-one-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm thinking something similar to ftp, have no idea what options there are.

Have 3 computers want to network between both in a more convenient manner than msn.

Hopefully can get some recomendations to minimise trauling time. Both computers are running windows XP and are connected through a multi-port router.

Thanks for any input.

A:Home network, looking for server to share files between computers.

You should be able to do this simply WITHOUT a server. All you have to do to share files, is use windows file sharing. Let me paint a picture for you...say you have your 3 computers. One is named Suzy, one is Steve, and one is Bill. Once file sharing is enabled (which you can do just by sharing a file), you should be able to do something similar to this. Say your on the computer Bill, and you want to grab some files from the shared folder on Suzy. Open up my computer, and in the address bar (Where is says your location) type in \\Suzy. This will give you access to the files and printers on that computer. BTW if you dont know how to rename a computer, right click on the my computer icon and select properties. Once the system tool comes up, click on computer name and change if necessary. Good luck and I hope this helps make things cheaper than buying a crappy old server lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-looking-for-server-to-share-files-between-computers.71651/
Relevancy 58.05%

I was wondering if its possible if i can view what my daughter is doing on her computer in her room as we share the same wireless connection. She has a computer in her as do me and my husband. I am worried on some illegal things she is doing and she has numerous security checks on her computer to get into it. I was wondering if there was a way i could see what she is doing on her computer at the same time i am on mine. Thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, having a problem on my home network. I have 7 computers set up , all in same work group. I have some TV programs downloaded on one computer and would like to access and view them in another computer. I can see the files but cant open and view them , am I missing an important step? Could anyone walk me through how to do it? Thanks for anybodys help. Best wishes.

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a network with two XP Pro amchines and one Vista Bussiness machine. I have them on the same workgroup but the the Vista machine only sees it self and the router. Any ideas on how to get it to see the rest of the network?

A:Viewing Workgroup Computers in Vista

Are you sure you have them all on the same workgroup name? Vista default is WORKGROUP, XP default is MSHOME. Make sure all are the same, it should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/viewing-workgroup-computers-in-vista-188565.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey everyone I m suffering from a rather strange problem that I ve only just today come across I m trying to enable file sharing across my Desktop PC and my new Notebook Unable Workgroup responding. Description/ set Viewing Computers Computer not to As always I went through the usual routes going to Network Connections Advanced Network identification and so forth But my problem is this While all is fine on my new notebook the area where I d input my Desktop computer Description is greyed out The name is Unable to set Computer Description/ Viewing Workgroup Computers not responding. fine as is the Work Group In addition if I try to access My Network Places - gt Workgroup Computers it fails to respond My notebook also can t see my Desktop PC on Unable to set Computer Description/ Viewing Workgroup Computers not responding. there even though the network is enable and healthy as far as I m aware I m fairly sure this isn t a router problem but something OS specific And yes unfortunately I m Unable to set Computer Description/ Viewing Workgroup Computers not responding. on XP Home Not the best system for File Sharing activities Any help would be fantastic Many thanks nbsp

A:Unable to set Computer Description/ Viewing Workgroup Computers not responding.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-set-computer-description-viewing-workgroup-computers-not-responding.740737/
Relevancy 51.6%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am using Windows XP OS service pack 2. I am also sharing a network with an iMac via a TRENDnet router and "Airport". When clicking on >Start>My network places, the window sometimes opens up and sometimes it does not; the hourglass does not appear and the cursor arrow just remains as is. I know the network places are there because I can connect.

Is there something in my setup which can be causing this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

herc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-my-network-places.687492/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 4 computers on a network. One of these machine has weather instrumentation connected to it through a serial port. My question is, how can I monitor the live data on the other machines?

Thanks,
Steve

Relevancy 48.59%

We operate in a Windows 2003 Domain. We have over 200 workstations with twelve different locations. Each location is on a different subnet. (192.168.25.0, 192.168.10.0, etc.) EX. When I am using a server in our data farm, which is its own location and I am looking in My Network Places> Entire Network> It only shows the computers in that location. Same with all of my other locations, it only shows local computers. We have various models of netscreen firewalls. My question is, What are the specific ports that I need to enable between locations so that each office can see each other in the Entire Network. So When I am browsing our Data Farm in Nashville and I select Entire Network, I want to be able to see all of my computers in Florida offices and Alabama offices, and our other offices. Thanks for anyones help.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am having problems viewing any computers on my workgroup. I'm in a work environment working off of a workgroup. No pc's are able to even ping my computer. When I go to network and sharing, the network discovery is set to on. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any information would be helpful. My network has about 80 pcs on it ranging from windows 2000 to Vista. I am the only one who has windows 7.

Thanks so much!
ITGIRL

A:Problems viewing pcs on network

Does your company have an IT department? If so, have they reviewed any of the tutorials on how to configure Windows 7 to network with older operating systems?

How to make Windows 7 work with older Windows versions for networking and file sharing.

Sharing a printer on Windows 7 Vista XP network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39956-problems-viewing-pcs-network.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just switched computers, upgraded from XP to W7. I had "Linksys Easylink" on my only computer, but can't seem to find the disk. It brought up a diagram of network status, showing my Wii, WRT54G, Computer, & Phone adapter. Is there "somewhere" in W7 that brings up devices connected to the router? All I get is this:

A:Viewing Network devices

You can click on see full map to know the devices connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96648-viewing-network-devices.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I click 'show characters' when viewing my network security key on my wifi connection, the security key is completely different to the one i originally added and is set on my router.

This isn't causing any problems, its set to auto connect and does so fine, and still does if I re type in the original key. I was just wondering why this is happening?

A:WEP network security key changes when viewing

wasn't set properly re run configuration to set your actual key if not anyone can connect

I found this the hard way I set key and password and to my suprise it was open connection for all

Had to go through it again and cut -off the freeloaders

After re configuring my router and code it took place and i can see the network under the name i made

If you dont correct it soon you will be open to anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210110-wep-network-security-key-changes-when-viewing.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When connected by way of wireless connection to online internet at times a notification from McAfee will pop up and alert me of a connection activity When I receive a notification that concerns a connection activity the notification message Begins with an I in circle Icon then states is on line so no IP address or Computer Name is given Then when I access the Network Map from that pop up I see several devices onor off line I can not know which device is the one that connected I only know that it is not me who has caused Hackers Viewing Map Network ID to the security notifcation How can that be How can I enable a reliable security if the program can not tell me which device or computer came on line and when I realize after speaking to a McAfee technician that they would investigate hackers etc for a one time fee etc but what's the story here I mean is that it I am about to do some process of elimination as I use an extension to connect the router and two other computer users are in the house but there names are titled into the connection Viewing Network Map to ID Hackers icons on the Network Map but there are still to or three connection that are only identifiable by the IP addresses and there is no other determining information such as the time it connected

A:Viewing Network Map to ID Hackers

I now have identified 5 of 7, with this Verizon Security Suite Multi Device Powered  by McAfee,
in the program Network Map, . . I marked the un-identified ones as Intruders, 

What happens now ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552087/viewing-network-map-to-id-hackers/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have an iMac G5 and I want to be able to look at the same webpages (at the same time) as a person on a Windows PC in another room. Is this possible?

Relevancy 48.59%

I guess I need to explain today my teacher was abusing his network administrator privileges by using some program that allowed him to see what I had on This Odd network viewing an is one: Anti my computer screen on his computer He also has the power to stop all of my input like my mouse and almost all of the keyboard shortcuts I know At first I was impressed by this but then I said to him I ll bet you I can beat it He laughed and said This is an Odd one: Anti network viewing have fun with that so here I am First I need to know what this program is called because I d like to get one for my home network and Second is there any software out there that can block him from doing this again I already know about unplugging the CAT network cable but that screws A LOT OF STUFF up because we run almost everything through the network Oh and don t worry about if I need Admin privileges or not we figured out how to do that years ago nbsp

A:This is an Odd one: Anti network viewing

Getting access to the TCP/network traffic is one thing but seeing the screen and
controlling/watching the mouse is another. Yes there are programs like this but
the better ones cooperate with the user, not fight or 'spy upon' him/her.

Techspot does not condon or support these activities while your teacher has the
need and authority to perform as he/she wishes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-an-odd-one-anti-network-viewing.89380/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 3 computers, 2 of the computers can see the other computes in both the network and home group, my computer that I created the homegroup on can see all, but cannot see all 2 computer only 2
I have checked setting and all are set the same, I have tried disabling both the anti-virus and firewall still can not see the computrer

A:network viewing problem

Try this and see if it works. How can I share any files on my network ?
Also, try this, run command prompt in admin mode,
sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36953-network-viewing-problem.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm preparing to set up my XBox to my W/LAN using a spare Belkin F5D7230-4 as an access point connecting to the Linksys WRT54G. The set-up will be something like this:

Cable - Cable Modem - WRT54G - PC

Laptop with built-in Wireless----

Xbox - Belkin F5D----

Belkin have supplied me with instructions on setting up the router as an access point, and mentioned needing to set it to an IP in the Linksys' Range.

Now, the Linksys defaults to 192.168.1.1, so can I set the Belkin to 192.168.1.254, or any 192.168.1.X?

Also, how can I see all the devices connecting to the network on one machine? For example, would I use the PC to see and identify the network devices: Router, Laptop, Belkin, etc., or would I use the Linksys' interface?

Thanks for any help, guys.

A:Viewing Network Items

You can log into the Linksys, and look at the DHCP logs. It will show you all of the active DHCP Leases. It won't show up any static IPs. You can try something like "[email protected] Network Monitor". I googled it, and it looks like it will scan you LAN for nodes.

Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-network-items.491493/
Relevancy 48.59%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi, can someone confirm that the nly way to view a *.nef file is to have Photoshop CS and some plugin? Also what are nef files, are they actual pictures taken on a Nikon camera?

Cheers

Relevancy 48.59%

hello everyone

I'm trying to arrange my files (songs) in one of my folders by "Modified"

but I can't find that option, I only have options like duration, track number etc...

Maybe you can tell me how can I still change the order of the songs to be arranged by "modified"

thanks!

A:viewing my files

Hi Graeak,

whilst in the folder which contains the files click View -> Choose details and then check the 'Date Modified' box then click Apply/Ok.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/viewing-my-files-141069.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have vista 64 bit, Recently when inserting a dvd disc with a movie in dvd format and trying to view the contents via Windows Explorer I get a dialogue box opens asking me if I want to prepare the dvd disc for formatting. I can't view the contents in windows Explorer. It plays as per normal in Windows Media player and the dvd under my tv. It's not a rewriteable disc.
I know there can't be any formatting done on the disc cos it already write protected when the movie was burned to it. The movies on the disc were originally AVI's which I converted to dvd using Convert X.

If I put a dvd into the drive containg various files I can read them as normal, Anyone know what is causing the above problem ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/85908-viewing-dvd-files.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just created this letterhead in CorelDraw 7. when I take it to another PC it wont open it because I dont have CD7 installed. But if I save it as a WMF file it will let me view it in the little box to the left of windows explorer, but I cant open it. It asks me to pick the program I want to use, But I dont know what program will open it. What do I need to open this WMF file? Can I convert the CD7 file (CDR) to Word?
Please Help.
Thanks

A:Viewing WMF files

Well, in Word or other Office app, you can:

Insert-Picture-From File

You may decide to save it as a gif or jpg in Corel7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-wmf-files.54657/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am not to savvy on Mac's, and need a little information.
My daughter does digital imaging in school on a Mac.
So this is the question.
She can not view files on her laptop(Windows XP Home) she saves on her flash drive after working in the computer lab (Mac's).
I was wondering if I format her laptop in FAT32 format then she could transfer them for I am under the impression that Mac's file format is FAT.
Anyone shed some light on this for me.
Or should I just sell her laptop and purchase her a Mac.
Thanks

A:Viewing Mac Files

She can download this codec and she will be fine! http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1462/viewing-mac-files/
Relevancy 48.59%

I was uploading some important pics to pc to backup, but in the process the sd card became corrupt. So i bought some software that located the corrupt files and put them on my hard drive but now they are tif files I dont know how to recover them now (by the way I have vista)

A:viewing tif files

If they didn't go through some conversion process, try just changing the file endings back to original.

Or try InfanView if they really are tif's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-tif-files.706933/
Relevancy 48.59%

Whenever I open a pdf document while I am online, my computer hangs. Any suggestions? I am running WinME with IE 6.0 and Adobe 6.0.

A:viewing pdf files in IE

Uninstall and reinstall Adobe 6.0

Thats what IE uses to open PDF's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-pdf-files-in-ie.278735/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi ya ll are going to think I m an idiot For some reason my ie sheesh if I could find it I think I d go back to ie won t view bmp graphic files on the net Most times these graphics bmp Viewing files aren Viewing bmp files t necessary but it does help the web page look nice I know somewhere there is a place where I could look up to see what graphic types are supported Up until the day before yesterday I had ALL graphic styles supported but for some reason I can t see bmp files I ve been doing a view source look at the web pages with the missing graphics and they re all bmp files What can I do I m presently running IE maybe will go back to Win XP Home thinking that I ll go back to nothing but problems with xp I m thinking High Speed Cable AMD Athlon XP mg ram Hey I just saved on of my graphics as a bmp in Paint shop pro and I could view it so I know that the graphics are working it appears that my problem is only on the net I m sorry to be a bother but this is getting frustrating Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Please bare with me, I am not sure the title is correct but here is what I would like to find the answer to, When I go to My Computer, initially every thing is viewed in "list", If I open up a folder sometimes it is in "icon" and others it comes up in "thumbnail", "tile" or "filmstrip". Is there someway to change some kind of setting where no matter what I open it will be in "list"

Thank you

Cindy

A:Help viewing files

When you get the view you like open my computer
then click on tools at the top (between favorites and help)
click folder optons
click on the view tab
click on the apply to all button
and then close the menu.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264428/help-viewing-files/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm trying to help a friend (remotely), so apologies if I do not have all the details yet.

She has used Sony's PMB to download video .MTS files onto a laptop running Vista Home Premium. The files are listed under Explorer, but marked with an 'X' and will NOT open - yet they do on another PC rwhich she has running XP!.

I have tried to replicate the problem on a laptop here with Vista Home Premium. Vista tries to open the files with Windows Media Player, but this comes up with a missing 8080 codec error. Media Player will not download one automatically from the web. I found and downloaded a Microsoft Camera Codecs update which is supposed to cover MTS, but even after installing that it does not appears listed in Help About for Media Player,and the file will not open,

Any ideas as to where to start looking for a 'fix' please?

Relevancy 48.59%

Maybe I have not poked around enough, is there a way to view files like XP' Exploer?

A:Viewing Files

Not sure what you mean, Phil.

Explorer view is always an option for viewing files, if that's what you mean.

http://www.pcsnippets.com/tutorials/how-to-change-the-windows-explorer-view-in-windows-7/7

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496829/viewing-files/
Relevancy 48.16%

The same virus from weeks ago is back when i had it before i got worried because it was putting an unknown user into files with permissions so i restored all the computers now again it spread thru the network now all comps have a NTUSER DAT file in the user folder and the system profiles folders that arent hidden and they update every minute on this computer I checked the firewall activity its has computers all files files made user three believe system a and that have running virus and it said that one ofd my other computers tried to access this one with the service SSDP thru UDP port this comp is a laptop so its wireless conected and the desktop in my room is all three computers have a virus that has made user files and believe its running system files wired directly from the router but the computer that this post was about has a usb linksys wireless adapter to pick up our networks wireless signal when I found the NTUSER DAT files all three computers have a virus that has made user files and believe its running system files on one computer I went to the other two to run MBAM scans and when I clicked update it reinstalled it then updated and thats when the NTUSER DAT files appeaered on the other two computers As of right now on my laptop it has passworded some processes and my pctools is saying there are registry files belonging to my antivirus but it cant repair them please help This is the DDS log for the alienware laptop after i post this I will go run the logs on the two desktops and post them to this forum post I didn t do the gamer log because all my computers have bit operating systems DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by vaughn at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows system conhost exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system mfevtps exeC Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows SysWOW rundll exeC Program Files x AlienRespawn sftservice EXEC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files x AlienRespawn TOASTER EXEC Program Files x AlienRespawn COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXEC Program Files x AlienRespawn Components DSUpdate DSUpd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exeC Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC Wind... Read more

A:all three computers have a virus that has made user files and believe its running system files

Attach.txt   11.66KB
  0 downloadsHeres the DDS logs for my newer desktop which also has a 64bit windows os before going on this computer I shut off network discovery on the sharing options hoping the other computers wont have access to this one..DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.3.1Run by vaughn at 19:16:29 on 2012-04-15Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.6143.4933 [GMT -4:00].AV: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware *Enabled/Updated* {86355677-4064-3EA7-ABB3-1B136EB04637}SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}SP: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware *Enabled/Updated* {3D54B793-665E-3129-9103-206115370C8A}FW: McAfee Firewall *Enabled* {BE0ED752-0A0B-3FFF-80EC-B2269063014C}.============== Running Processes ===============.C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exeC:\Windows\system32\lsm.exeC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunchC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSSC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServicec:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\AMD Fusion Utility for Desktops\FusionSVC.exeC:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exeC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcsC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceC:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exeC:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exeC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exeC:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.Service.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\RAIDXpert\bin\RAIDXpertService.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\RAIDXpert\bin\RAIDXpert.exeC:\Windows\system32\conhost.exeC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exeC:\Windows\system32\mfevtps.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Datasafe Online\NOBuAgent.exeC:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exeC:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\StartManSvc.exeC:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exeC:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrA.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\sftservice.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfefire.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exeC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exeC:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exeC:\Windows\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\Scheduler\STService.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\TOASTER.EXEC:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpd.exeC:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONENOTEM.EXEC:\Program Files (x86)\Multimedia Card Reader(9106)\ShwiconXP9106.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exeC:\Program Files\mcafee.com\ag... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450203/all-three-computers-have-a-virus-that-has-made-user-files-and-believe-its-running-system-files/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently decided it would be cool to be able to see a list of all the devices that are connected to my wireless internet Problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out how I've read that most routers modems have a way of showing you this but a my devices Viewing wifi network my on modem is really old and I don't know if it supports this and b I think the modem has a way to attach a special router to it but I have a completely separate router connected to it So while wifi works fine all the Viewing devices on my wifi network wireless setting on the modem are greyed out because it doesn't think I have any routers attached to it So maybe there's a way to view it under those settings and I can't because it's all greyed out My modem is an Actiontec M and I'm not really sure what the router is If someone can tell me how to see devices AND THEIR NAMES not just IP MAC addresses from that router that'd be great But what I'm really looking for is a program I can run on my computer to show me all the devices I've tried net view in cmd but that only gives me computers on the network and not devices like iPhones or iPod Touches I know McAfee Security Center has a Network View or something that does a pretty good job of at least showing all the IP addresses but a I'm trying out some different free AV Firewalls since McAfee is too resource-heavy and that's not at my disposal at the moment b it only shows IP address not device names very important to me and c I really want a standalone program to do this with Any help would be great Programs for Vista or are what I need not XP I say that because I did find one that might potentially work called SuperScan but it only works on XP Thanks

A:Viewing devices on my wifi network

Edit: I found Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network and it's almost what I'm looking for. Simple, small, no hassle. But it still doesn't show the device names of things like my iPod.

I'm fairly certain that it should be possible to see its name because a while back, my school sent out warnings to everyone that was connecting to their wifi saying that we had to stop because almost all the students were using it and it couldn't handle all that traffic. (A little while later they got smart and put a password on it) But I asked one of the people in charge how they knew who was on it, and they told me that most of the devices (including my iPod) had a device name that somehow identified the owner (In my case my iPod's device name was my full name so that was pretty obvious). So I'm sure there's got to be a way that I can see that info on my home network as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293524-viewing-devices-my-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I m not sure if this is the forum for it but here goes I am still connections Viewing Wireless Network pretty dense Viewing Wireless Network connections with networking and only know enough to make things work for the moment but I am learning My question is when i set up a wireless router network and you can take any old laptop with wireless builtin and find the network and logon before having the proper security measures enabled how can I - from the main PC - tell who is connected via wireless to my network I have been in the process of setting up security measures and for jollys wanted Viewing Wireless Network connections to see if I could see my test laptop when it was connected and couldn t see it I can see the hardwired PCs but they are already part of the established work group I was trying to simulate seeing an outside PC that gained wireless access to the network I am cornfused but then I am much of the time - Castleheart nbsp

A:Viewing Wireless Network connections

I have a menu in my router called 'Attacjed devices'. What router do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-wireless-network-connections.535901/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all I assume this is the right not Network In Places...or Viewing JPEG's place for this question I ve looked around and can t see any mention of this problem Basically I have a web site which I access using Network Places with Windows Viewing JPEG's In Network Places...or not XP SERVICE PACK On this pc just to muddy the water I can click on a jpeg in a folder in Network places and it opens in IE so I can see if it s what I want to use and I can copy the address etc It cannot be viewed as a thumbnail in Network places when given the chose of for instance thumbnails tiles icons etc Not a problem at this time However I have a friend with a similar set up and he cannot view jpegs while in Network places He gets whatever program he has set to view jpegs opening but with the message file cannot be viewed I have tried changing his default jpeg viewer to anything and everything he has on the pc with no success Network places does not give the user a choice to open with as in regular folder view so how can I get the jpegs to open while in network places I have spent days surfing the net and Viewing JPEG's In Network Places...or not microsoft sites trying to find out how to set a default IE view of jpegs in Network places and there is no answer that I can find anywhere If anyone on here can answer this question which has been bugging us for years now you will be able to sell the answer and retire there s a lot on the net with this same trouble IE does not appear to be the issue as I have had all versions since IE with the same problem I also had this problem on an older PC after initially finding I could open jpegs in network places and then for some reason one day it stopped doing it I am planning to get an answer before this pc does the same I am guessing if I were to remove all jpeg programs that can view pictures from the pc in questiion then Network places would revert to IE to open a jpeg But that s hardley practical and just a guess as I say I have posted questions on this site in the past and had great help to resolve unrelated issues and have told this friend I ll get the answer here for sure Thanks to all and anyone that can solve this enigma Fingers crossed in anticipation

A:Viewing JPEG's In Network Places...or not

Hi .

Well...I don't understand why a .jpeg or .jpg file...should be expected to open with IE, regardless of file location on a networked system.

I have a home network, I can view any file on my other system. If I open said file, the default program for opening it (assuming that my file settings are proper) will open it.

I don't believe that a graphics file of any sort...should have IE set as the default view/open choice. IE should be the choice for viewing .htm, etc. files...files which relate to Internet connection.

A graphics program of some kind should be the default program to view graphics images.

I guess that I don't understand what is going on with either system.

FWIW: I just connected to an .mpg file on my other system and double-clicked it. I was greeted with the "access denied" message indicating that I needed to designate a program to open said file. I selected WMP and the file opened, as it should have (WMP is my default program for viewing/opening .mpg files).

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207720/viewing-jpegs-in-network-placesor-not/
Relevancy 48.16%

HELP I am having trouble with two computers on my network Both computers are showing similar symptoms I am in a small office with computer stations and two of the computers can t see the shared folders printers on the network However I am able to ping all of the computers from each station using the IP address as well as the computer name All computers are running Windows XP all four computers are connected through a Linksys router all Windows and McAfee firewalls are turned off no other firewalls are present except on the router all computers can access the internet that is connecting through the router and all stations Problems Solved: The Network Viewing are in the same work group One of the weirder symptoms is that we are able to access files over the network if we launch them through the appropriate program but we are unable to navigate to the same file using Windows Explorer We are also able to search for a computer through the Windows search feature and all the shared folders printers are visible Also similar to being able to open a file through a program Solved: Problems Viewing The Network but not through Windows Explorer we are able to print to shared printers through a program but we can t find them through the Printers and Faxes in the Control Panel Because of this we are unable to add any new network printers All of this is very confusing because it seems that the two problematic computers started this at the same time and have the same symptoms The other two computers don t seem to have any trouble but they still can t see the shared folders printers on the two problematic computers I have made sure that all computers on the network have a different name that can be changed in the Control Panel gt System gt Computer Name I feel like I have tried so many different ideas I am just going to leave it at that Please let me know if you have any suggestions I am at my witt s end Thank you Wade nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I used to be able to view JPEG files, but now when I try to open a picture that is JPEG file it is just solid black. I have searched the net, but haven't found anything. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to remedy this. Thanks! Cindy

A:viewing JPEG files

You should start by telling us what program you are using to view the image, if the image is one online or after download and if you tried a system restore to a time before the problem yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-jpeg-files.516059/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell Lap Top with a Windows Vista OS. My problem is I have a 15 yr old daughter who uses my laptop and I suspect she may be communicating via email with people she shouldn't be. is there anyway to check my LT for hidden email accounts?

A:I need help viewing hidden files

Hello, As far as email accounts, not that i know of. If you want a little more control of your computer, you might want to enable her account for the Vista Parental Controls. If you have Windows Vista Home Premium (or higher) just go to Start, in the search box type Parental and it will be the first option. There are a lot of things you can see and view on what other users that are placed in the parental controls category are doing. One of them includes the ability to see what websites they have gone to and how long. You can also determine HOW LONG you want her on the computer! Check it out, its free with Vista!Post Back with any other questions!-RTCTech1.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259770/i-need-help-viewing-hidden-files/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was told by Vanguard to install a later version of my Adobe Reader 6.0, so I installed the latest for my Pent 4 system Adobe Reader 8. I'm having the same problem. When I go to my statement page at Vanguard, I click on the view/download buttom for my statement. My computer does a quick read I guess and a window pops up if I want to open or save the file. I click open and it opens in Microsoft Word a statement with a pop-up box saying do I want to encode this and it has marked deafult Western Europen Windows. I click Ok. and it shows me this script and a whole bunch of #'s that make no sense. If I don't click on the box and cancel it, the page is blank...What am I doing wrong? thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-with-adobe-8-pdf-files.592813/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have a problem viewing files whenever I try to open a file from a folder using programs like adobe acrobat . It just shows a blank box when I click on desktop to view file even when I select the option "all files" beside the file name. Also I noticed I have the same problem when trying to open a file to upload on a website. It will not show any files.

If I just open up a folder from the desktop, the files are all there and I can see them so I know they are not hidden. Any help will be appreciated it thank you.

Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit

Sorry I would upload a screenshot but like a said it won't show the file to upload one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-viewing-files.1166797/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have set up my laptop to hold offline versions of my work's LAN based files (using, as recommended by windows help, "offline files" rather than "my briefcase".

I only seem to be able to access these via a desktop shortcut created during the offline setup process. This shortcut opens a single folder "offline files" which contains all the files OK, but without the folders & subfolders I need to navigate them. Thus I have to navigate through several thousand files to find the one I want.

Can anyone advise if this is how the facility is supposed to work (surely not??) or how to fix if not. Could this be because the LAN OS is Netware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-files-offline.446747/
Relevancy 47.73%

I can't get .pps programs to open, I have microsoft power point viewer 2007.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

I work for local government. We have a sheriff investigator who has recovered .pst files from a suspects hard drive. We would prefer to not view these .pst files using our personal emails boxes and exchange server since we do not know what is in them.

Any ideas how we can view and print these files without using Outook?

Relevancy 47.73%

ok this coincides with the problem here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t76836/s.html

i cant view .jpg files in internet explorer preview or in internet explorer itself (unless its in the internet itself, but if its local, it dont work ....

i found that i can view .gif files and other files ok any suggestions?

Relevancy 47.73%

I am using Vista Home Premium and also IrfanView to look/edit photo's. No problem downloading from camera to harddrive and seeing
that "pic folder" as small/medium/large icon. But, I have CD-R's that
have .jpg files on them -- when I go to view from my dvd-re drive (E
the detail of the .jpg's show up but when I change to any size "icon view" it shows a quick view of the photo but then reverts back to the just the file name with an icon I associated w/IrfanView. It will not hold
the "preview pic" in any size. If I copy the pic's from the CD to my
hard drive, it all works fine, but I want to eliminate that process. In control panel all appropriate file extensions are associated to my 'viewer program'. Anyone - any suggestions ? Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

A friend has asked me to look at his laptop. It wont boot into it's OS (XP), the HIV file is missing and i can't start a repair now how.

I have an removed the hard drive and connected it to my PC through a USB lead. I can see the documents folder but it tells me i need permission to look in the folder, how can i set these permissions.

He has a lot of pictures on the drive from his US holiday that have not been backed up yet.

Any help appriciated

Relevancy 47.73%

When I used to click on a PDF file, it used to automatically open Adobe Reader and then I could print it, make it larger, smaller etc. But every link I click now opens inside the browser, happens with both FF and IE. This means I can only view it online and not save it. Any idea how I change this so it opens Abobe Reader? I have Abobe 10 by the way

A:Viewing PDF files online

Adobe Reader 11 is now the curremt version - Uncheck the Google Toolbar option prior to downloading from the linked site -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474265/viewing-pdf-files-online/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I'm trying to view a video clip with a MCG extension and can't figure out how to make it happen. I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 47.73%

Is there any way to get the same functionality for RAR files that we have for ZIP files in Windows? Being able to open them like folders and easily copy & paste. Now I use 7-Zip's context menu but it would be more convenient if they could be opened in Explorer.

I know this is possible in 3rd party file managers like Directory Opus but those are not yet compatible with Win7.

A:Viewing RAR files as folders?

WinMount allows you to right click on the .rar .7z .iso etc and mount it on a virtual drive or local folder and use the files directly without extraction.

The great irony of compression is that once extracted the files and the .zip will take up twice the storage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/5875-viewing-rar-files-folders.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i'm currently following a self-study course on COBOL at COBOL Programming Course. this website makes use of embedded .ppz files (poser prop files) to display samples of code, an example of which can be found at Untitled.

the problem i'm having now is that firefox needs a plugin to view these. the plug-in autosearch doesn't find any, the add-onmanager doesn't find any as well and I can't figure out how the manual search works.

googling ".ppz firefox" leads me to PPZ File Extension - Open .PPZ files and recommends me to download smith micro poser 9, but that costs 250 EUR and i'm diagonally opposed to piracy, so that's no option. i was hoping there's some free plug-in i can find somewhere that will allow me to view files like these in my browser.

A:viewing .ppz files in Firefox 9.0.1

I think in this case, .PPZ is a PowerPoint animation file, not a Poser 3D file.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for a link to the PowerPoint animation plugin for Internet Explorer, Netscape and Mozilla.

If it doesn't work with the latest Firefox 9, try IE or contact the site to see if an updated plugin has been released.

Direct link to plugin (exe): http://www.csis.ul.ie/cobol/PPT95AnimationPlay.exe

Alternative link and instructions: Powerpoint Animation Player

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/viewing-ppz-files-in-firefox-9-0-1-a-625422.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I undeleted some files from a SD card. out of 1000 pictures I can only view 44 of them. They are jpeg's does have some mb's but I can't open them. I've tried different programs but nothing helps. I'm at loss, can anyone help me? thanks if you can

A:viewing undeleted files

They are corrupt probably due to not being fully recoverable. You could try running a different data recovery program to see if it has better luck, you could try Recuva or PhotoRec: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-undeleted-files.1051851/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi folks, I have a need for inspecting a huge batch of files created by Word 97. They mostly consist of a complex mixture of figures that (I've been told) on the original Word 97 were all ordered into columns (but no *tables* format was used). On my Windows 8.1, I have Kingsoft Writer installed and this shows me just a jumble of words and figures whose meaning I can't easily guess. It can't obviously read the exact format of Word 97.

I know I can find a Word 97 Viewer somewhere on the Microsoft site - but nowhere I'm seeing anything mentioned as compatible with Windows 8 and I'm reluctant to install something that might compromise my great new computer. Has any of you a suggestion: would it be o.k. to install on Windows 8 a Word Viewer created for previous operating systems?

A:Viewing Word 97 files?

Have tried Wordpad in Windows Accessories ?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/38686-viewing-word-97-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i have some files i want to view on a cd that i basically made to backup some pictures and files before i upgraded to vista. I know the cd has some content because it says 3.95gb free of 4.37gb but when i open it theres nothing in it

EDIT*= I don't know if this helps but the cd is a DVD+R

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-invisble-files-on-a-cd.668722/
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear all

I followd the below steps to show the files and folders which I hid before but I could not to appear it again

Windows XP and Windows 2003
To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. After the new window appears select the View tab.
5. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
10. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

please helpe me

A:viewing of Hidden files

How did you go about hiding these files/folders?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232871/viewing-of-hidden-files/
Relevancy 47.73%

so i have vlc media player which plays all the videos in blurry looking view and i got gom player which shows the videos clearly but the video frame pauses every 2 seconds. it always been this way since i installed both programs. How would i begin to figure out how to fix this? i installed divx video codecs but that didnt do anything.

A:how to fix video files viewing?

VLC shouldn't have played blurry looking. I've used it on everything from Vista to Windows 8.1. Is your screen resolution on the native setting?Are you using the latest graphics drivers from your computer manufacturer?As far as the pauses are concerned then something might be hogging the CPU or RAM. Have a look in "Task Manager > Processes" when you have a video running.Check also for malware, at least these two, and keep the logs:AdwCleaner:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...(blue Download button near top - not anything else on the page).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run the program. Use the "Scan" button, followed by the "Cleaning" button.MalwareBytes:http://filehippo.com/download_malwa...(green Download button top right - not anything else on the page)Install and Run the program but before doing its Scan go to "Settings > Detection and Protection" and put a checkmark in "Scan for rootkits". Quarantine anything it finds. Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-to-fix-video-files-viewing/18977.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just switched to Vista and was hoping someone could help me here. When I go to certain websites (ie youtube and other video sites) and watch videos it buffers and downloads somewhere and I am able to watch them. They are .flv files or media files. In XP they were in the temp internet folder. In Vista I can not find them anywhere. Even when I do a search and change the file view to allow me view hidden files and folders. they should be in c:user\jeff\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files, but when I try to go there I cant find temporary internet folders.

A:Viewing Internet Files

Hmm, not sure about the folder you're looking for but have you tried the Video DownloadHelper for Firefox? Very handy...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/165296-viewing-internet-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All I have a puzzler here after creating an iso file when I go to where it s located via Windows Explorer sitting on C drive it s not located there but when I go to burn the ISO files W7 with Viewing Solved: image I can select it from the location via the program I use to burn it I have made sure via Folder Options that I can see all files I have searched high and low on the net and found one that was the same problem but no one had answered it I am using a computer that has bit home premium Windows would it have anything to do with a bit system I am looking at loading Windows Pro either or bit on here but want to give the home premium that came with the Solved: Viewing ISO files with W7 computer a chance this is my first computer I have not built Anyway any clues as to why this is happening would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Running Win2000 at office-trying to work w/logos & images. Jpg files won't open-msg says invalid compression type. Only have Imaging and Imaging Preview to view files-tried to save as another type but that doesn't work. Help! Thanks!

A:Viewing/opening jpg & gif files

What program are you trying to edit them with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-opening-jpg-gif-files.271185/
Relevancy 47.3%

Preface I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows to windows I also have a desktop that is still running windows One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired Today however I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network It is connected to in Other network showing; computers not shows old instead. network the network I am receiving internet just fine When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane it does not list any section for any computers Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. So I tell it to refresh and after a moment it now displays three computers all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in Now as it just so happens one of those computers is my desktop as I had it back then but when I try to access it it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while and then just says it can't access it If I click quot diagnose quot it doesn't find anything that's wrong This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house I haven't changed any settings and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago Not sure what the problem is but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer I'm open to suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62461-other-computers-network-not-showing-shows-old-network-instead.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I ran through the Network Wizard again, and put in the address of my desktop computer and voila!, the icon came back. I'm not a tech wizard by any means, and didn't know what the address of my desktop computer looked like, but I found some hints online and tried them. Thanks for the help guys.

A:Resolved: Network Places - Can't see one of the computers on My Network

No need to post a new thread to tell us this, just respond in the original thread. Also, you can mark the thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Here's your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/667123-network-places-can-t-see.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-network-places-cant-see-one-of-the-computers-on-my-network.667264/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was at a buddies house with my laptop, connected to his wireless internet connection and connected to his file sharing network. But whenever we tried to view other computer's shared files on the network the whole network would lose internet connection for a few moments and then would come back once we stopped viewing other computer's files.

I have no idea what would cause this or how to fix it. If anyone has any idea's it would be greatly appreciated because I will be moving here at the end of this month and would like to get this problem out of the way now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lose-internet-connection-when-viewing-network.886235/
Relevancy 47.3%

I m running Windows Home Premium on the three Preventing folders others viewing from shared network on my machines I have at home All three Preventing others on network from viewing my shared folders are connected to the same network I would like to share files between two of the machines so I created a homegroup and added only these two machines For the folders I would like to share between the two I changed the folder s sharing permission from Everyone to Homegroup What I have noticed is the third machine that is not part of this homegroup it is owned by a student who is temporarily renting a room in our house is still able to view the other machines from within windows explorer and even double click on them to get a listing of folders that are being shared Granted when they try to open any of these folders they get a message saying they do not have the required permission Ideally I would like to have the homegroup machines only visible in explorer to users who are part of the homegroup Likewise any user not in the homegroup would not be able to see the other machines in explorer Is this setup possible

A:Preventing others on network from viewing my shared folders

It sounds to me like you do not want this student to be a part of your regular network at all.

Some routers "like mine" have a guest zone for a wireless connection that is outside your normal network. That would prevent them from seeing those folders. The set up and options for routers is different so it's difficult to give exact directions for this.

For a wired connection you may be able to set up a static IP address outside the normal range of your regular network for them to connect too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222626-preventing-others-network-viewing-my-shared-folders.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Specs are Bell Sympatico DSL Modem DI- Router Router goes to two switches SMC -port amp D-Link Gigabit -port SMC to computers plus another small switch with computers on it -port goes to three other switches throughout the complex less than foot runs In total about - computers behind the router including a file server that handles the DHCP work Computers are running web browsers I E email Outlook and Outlook Express Logmein software Hamachi software on computer only up to clients coming into it for anti-virus updates control a few MSN messengers for I T admins on offsite communications a couple streaming radio links FTP links minimum of but up to could be running at one time resets when Network DI-604 website Business - viewing Now I know you are going to say you need a bigger router but until the below problem started the D-Link was handling everything quite well It started about - months ago and we have been playing with it ever since trying different things but we keep coming up with the same results The would just reset sometimes a couple Business Network - DI-604 resets when viewing website of times per minute period depending upon what is going on sometimes every other day At first we thought ISP so after a couple of months fighting with them we switch to Bell and it was still happening ended up cheaper too for more bandwidth Found out one day that I could almost trigger it at times by going to weathernetwork com or a couple of other sites BestBuy Canadiantire Home Depot etc and doing some quick searchs through their products The router would reset as we would lose all links to the internet and then it would start working again Depending upon the website we could leave it for a couple of hours and all would be fine but it may reset the router when visited the next time The router is on the most recent version of software and it has been unplugged along with the DSL modem and plugged back in starting with the modem and then the router then plugged the rest of the network back in once they are both up and running numerous times over the months DSL light stays lit when all of the problems are happening so I would think there is nothing wrong with the ISP side of things I have tried various levels of MTU s on it as well including but still have problems One of the admins has a Netgear router FVS G that I set up and tried but it had the same problem it would reset as well at times Actually had it working for close to days once but then all hell broke loose Switched back to the and had close to a week and a half of problem free running Then it started resetting again Sometimes it is only once per day other times it is quite often during the day Logs don t show nothing other then some dropped TCP packets from WAN My biggest question is what would reset the router by just visiting a website like weathernetwork com or one of the other sites and doing a search on it I am looking at a bigger router just not sure how big I want to go at this point Been reviewing the Linksys Cisco RV and RV along with the Cisco ASA and so far I would like to keep the control in house as none of the admins have Cisco training or knowledge on their programming hence looking at the RV and the We could set them up ourselves and keep the control ours incase of problems we can get it figured out without costing us more money We try to keep things simple and control things ourselves Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as we are at the end of our knowledge base and well Google is not coming up with any good answers either Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm trying to view some digital comics in cbr / cbz format. Anyone knows any good software for these files?

A:Any good software for viewing cbr / cbz files?

Try this.

CDisplayEx | Download CDisplayEx software for free at SourceForge.net

Though .cbr and .cbz are basically rar and zip files, you should be able to rename them to .rar and .zip respectively, unzip them using a free unzipper like 7zip, the read them in the windows picture viewer. Also see this page.

How to convert CBZ & CBR files to PDF | freewaregenius.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/128986-any-good-software-viewing-cbr-cbz-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I'm new to this forum. My problem is whenever I want to view mp4 files in WMP, it freezes for a while then blue screen. I reinstalled Windows just now but the problem seems to occur again.

I don't know what caused this, I have attached my dump files as suggested in the sticky thread. Please do help me

A:Blue screen when viewing mp4 files in WMP?

Quote: Originally Posted by frease

Hello, I'm new to this forum. My problem is whenever I want to view mp4 files in WMP, it freezes for a while then blue screen. I reinstalled Windows just now but the problem seems to occur again.

I don't know what caused this, I have attached my dump files as suggested in the sticky thread. Please do help me

Related to atikmdag.sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver. yours from 2009

re-install using this method, with newest available

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using

Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199318-blue-screen-when-viewing-mp4-files-wmp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I am using a TOSHIBA Satellite Notebook with Windows 7 preloaded, nearly 3 years old.
It has the following configuration:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20 GHz
RAM 3.00 GB
32 bit

For about the past month and a half my machine is crashing, and displaying the BSOD. The crashes started happening while watching video files, and nowadays it is simply difficult to get the computer to start at all. My laptop restarts several times before it actually starts operating continuously.

I would be grateful if someone can diagnose what's wrong with my laptop. I am attaching the zipped crash report with this request.

Thanks in advance,

foobar

A:BSOD viewing video files

Welcome aboard.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, 87555024, b2000040, 800}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the guide Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

At the same time, you have 36 programs in startup. Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Another bad thing, there is McAfee. Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266235-bsod-viewing-video-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Guys I have laptop I gave to my nephew to use for a while for He's studying a basic computer course. I created add user account from it yet I do not test the drive D if it is readable, editable, or writeable, all the files I stored there. What I noticed was the Drive C of my personal files is fully isolated by password. So, my question is can I configure my Drive D too to view or read only my files for someone? I don't want to share to anyone because some files stored it contains terms and agreement.

A:Viewing Only the Files in Drive D Partition

One way to do it is though the sharing tab. Share the folder or drive. Then add your user name and give it full read write access. Then delete the all users so only you can access it. Anybody else trying to access it will be prompted for a password. You also may want to make your nephew's account a standard user and not an administrator.

File Sharing - "Share with" & "Stop Sharing" in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39999-viewing-only-files-drive-d-partition.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Does anyone know of any good freeware products to view and print AutoCAD drawing files (other than Volo View).

A:Viewing Autocad Drawing Files

I cannot vouch for how good it is, because I personally have never used it. But one of our engineers says it does the job okay based on the price (free). Free DWG Viewerpowered by Brava click hereIt's the third item down.Let us know what you think of it.Da Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72843/viewing-autocad-drawing-files/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have downloaded a video file and am now unable to view it.

The file opens up in media player but it is a blank screen and no sound.

I have downloaded Divx and this does the same. I have run windows update along with media update and still no good.

Any idea's anyone?

A:Problem viewing Mpeg files

You need to download is an mpeg encoder. Check out this site.

http://www.wmplugins.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemID=539

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-viewing-mpeg-files.418191/
Relevancy 47.3%

recently i did a system restore files. viewing problem Solved: avi to fix some problems that came up after my siblings used my computer before the system restore i could play avi files no problem but afterwards the media player can only play the sound ive tried several movie players such as divx windows media player klite movie player and vlc all of them can play the audio but not video i updated my divx codec and downloaded a new fddshow codec but it didnt work k-lite codec pack comes with a whole lot of video codecs to play any movie format but it still doesnt work ive tried using the ms codec checker and found ffdshow ax cant be set as defualt but i dont know how Solved: problem viewing avi files. to get one that can ive tried uninstalling windows media player and reinstalling it hoping to get the right codecs back gspot tells me that i have the proper codecs to view the video file yet it still doesnt work this has been bugging me for a week and i just cant figure it out nbsp

A:Solved: problem viewing avi files.

i ended up using hp system recovery to reinstall all the defualt drivers and programs. that means i have to reinstall all my programs and get rid of all the crap they installed on my computer, but at least my video works again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-viewing-avi-files.557511/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi folks:

When I transferred files from my win98 and winXP machine to my new HP Vista x64, I have a folder that contains photo parades. The file extensions end with PhP or 4PP.

I have been unable to view these. Seems like there isn't an application on the new machine that will open the files in photo parade format.

Any ideas, help, suggestions.

Thanx

-frizz

A:Viewing Photo Parade files

Have you installed the Photo Parade application?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/163199-viewing-photo-parade-files.html