Windows Support Forum

Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

Q: Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

Help! I was setting up a new Windows NT 4.0 SP5 machine and in my hast have accidentally removed the administrator profile. We are using AutoLogin in the registry and now I can't edit the registry to take AutoLogin off.
Is there a way for me to edit the registry in DOS? Is there any software I can download? All I need to do is remove the autologin and then be able to login as the administrator. I would rather not have to reload the machine from scratch. If I attrib the winnt directory and copy system.dat and user.dat, can I edit on another machine? Please help ASAP if you can..

Thanks,
Shawn Haley
Systems Analyst
Royal Doulton USA

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

if the machine is on the network you can use regedt32 to connect to the registry remotely and then remove the autologin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-profile-need-help.44594/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so my buddy's ancient xp laptop has failing video I logged onto it as an administrator and shared all the users documents I proceeded to another pc in the house running Vista and created an administrator account with the same credentials as the laptop's then copied Admin doing created newly Move to after Missing from profile Files profile mostly I used copy but for a few folders I used the move command over the network the primary users profile folder It took two attempts It failed to connect the first time but succeeded after I returned to the laptop and disabled Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile simple file sharing and gave the laptops administrator's user account I shared the folders from security permissions to all user folders in question I had my friend's Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile girlfriend verify all her pictures were in place on the Vista PC and they were I felt like quot see I do know my stuff quot They aren't computer people and have alot of old failing machines I keep going for them I do this for a living and must have donated a not insignificant amount of time keeping their aging stuff going and I've had a string of having to tell them I simply couldn't make things like HD transcoding and playback run quot any more better quot or that I couldn't software fix failing hardware on their aging collection of machines So I was happy for the successful move My bud's girl ended up staying on the PC's Admin's profile FaceBooking and reminiscing about the irreplaceable pictures that absolutely needed to be saved from the laptop The ones of a recently lost loved one the loss of which they were taking quite hard It was obvious she was happy to still have them and that made me feel good that something finally worked without a hitch This went on for quite awhile until it got late and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about getting her stuff off that profile and moved to a Limited user account History has taught me again and again the only way to keep my donated time down to a minimum in certain situations is to keep them using limited user accounts So when she went upstairs I created her a user account on the PC which is running Vista with her name and quickly logged onto and off of it making sure the profile's user account's folders were created I logged back onto the Admin account I previously created for the move which matched the credentials of the failing laptop's and navigated to the newly created users desktop folder and copied some stuff from the moved laptop's desktop folder Success At this point my buddy who's been tossing back beers for hours now tells me that it's he understandably so feels like turning in It's not like I'm yet again working for free right I wonder if I was swapping a motor in his car at no charge he would be rushing me out with only a few bolts left to tighten but I understand it seems to him like I'm doing nothing but keeping him from turning in at this point So I say quot give me just another few minutes quot not wanting to drag the move out another day I selected the four remaining folders in the transferred laptop's user's folder and gave them a move command to the newly created limited users Documents folder instead of putting Pictures in pictures and movies in movies music in music like I started to do with the desktop folder Then in the agonizingly slow fashion everything computer related over there always seem to go the transfer window after the UAC move permissions prompts displays that the move is going to take an hour plus but just long enough for him to say quot that's it I got to turn in quot before flashing to zero and seemingly completing successfully Then I notice the source folder still contained a full pictures folder and a music folder so I reselected them and gave them the move command again accepting the uac prompts and a do this for all move and replace for files of same name and... Read more

A:Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

You could have summed this up in a lot less words.
Try to recover your files using the free Recuva.
If that fails, try the Free PhotoRec a part of TestDisk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-missing-after-doing-move-from-admin-profile-to-newly-created-profile-740513.html
Relevancy 59.34%

OK I read the past forums and saw this problem addressed, but never answered.

I believe my Admin profile is messing up, but in an undefinable way.

I recently lost the ability to use most of the after-market programs installed on my cpu. When i try to open them, they ask for serial numbers. However, they do not accept the serial numbers when I type them in. When I try to uninstall them, I noticed I do not have install/uninstall privileges. And most do not show up in add/remove hardware. I also lost access to my Outlook Express mailboxes. And my desktop looks screwy.

I have only one user account: "Administrator," but it seems I've lost my Administrator privileges. System Restore only goes back to the date it occurred.

Is there a way to get full admin access or at least make the cpu recognize the programs it shows on the desktop?

TIA
BMac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-profile-w-o-admin-powers.706552/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 58.91%

Tried to log on to my ADMIN profile to make changes to user accounts and got the dreaded "User Profile Service" service failed the logon on.

Can anyone advise how to fix this problem?

A:Admin profile - "User Profile Service" error showing.

Hello Dogwalkersg5, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This may be able to help you fix this.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232313-admin-profile-user-profile-service-error-showing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

hi Today i was trying to get rid of the login password to make easier my girlfriend's hurry Lost in lost my a plz pc, totally and of Admin access control access to my Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz pc I don't know what in hell i clicked but a computer nightmare began I think It has to do with me managing the netplwiz settings Suddenly i wasn't my computer's admin anymore and i was getting UAC prompts for everything without being able to run any software I don't know if i deleted my admin account or i just took away its admin privileges Of course i couldn't run elevated CMD prompt or nothing like that As you see the quot yes button quot was greyed out So i tried to take care of that and rebooted in safe mode and logged in as admin and only the first time it worked i mean i could login as admin I opened an elevated CMD prompt and typed Code net user administrator active yes to enable the built in Admin account and Code net user administrator password to reset the admin account and make it empty Well when i rebooted i find out that the built-in admin's password wasn't empty as i thought it would be i i have no idea about the password No only that if i try again booting in safe mode the admin option is now password protected and i don't know the password I can only login with my microsoft account which doesn't have admin privileges The only difference is that now windows gives me the chance to enter the password everytime i want to do something a password i don't know I feel trapped and i totally lost control of my computer I AM DESPERATE SINCE I NEED TO WORK please someone help me Running Win Home x

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51310-lost-admin-access-totally-lost-control-my-pc-hurry-plz.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi, today i strted cleaning my pc from trojans. so i had to go to safemode to clean proper (still far from it ). okay so i start in safe and i notice there are 2 admins. HP_Admin and just admin. okay was fine, was puzzeld as to why but okay. i made a new admin account and deleated them both. well my pc shuts down on its own.(has been doing it since i got trojan.) and i start up in safe mode to run another scan, and to my surprise there is yet another admin profile. now my quetion is. does windowsXP make a defult admin profile for safemode? and why can i not see it out of safemode. I tried to got to user accounts to deleat it and it is no there. i can only see it at the choose user profile in safemode bootup.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi So my laptop was pretty messed up and i had to reinstal Windows Had a clean laptop for two days then tried to turn it on and got a message saying an error occured and it can't read the hard disk ctr alt del to restart Win7 (admin) on log to Can't profile my this was the reason i had to reinstal I restarted and it booted but now it says it can't log on to my user account which Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 is the only account on this laptop I only get this message and OK button which takes me to log on screen Tried everything like checking for errors - an error occurs and it can't run that Tried system restore - again error Tried to delete create new user account - it does nothing when i click on those options in control panel Tried regedit - the search won't find regedit went to windows Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 folder found command com but it won't let me use it Oh and in safe mode everytime i access My computer i get a big error saying C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop refears to a location that is unavailable It could be on hard drive on this computer or on network Any thoughts

A:Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7

Hi
Welcome to Seven Forums
Have a look at this thread from Microsoft Forums - Microsoft Answers
Noticed that you are unable to create another account - have you tried enabling the hidden Admin account?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Once you are a able to create another account you can follow the following from Microsoft - Fix A Corrupted User Profile

Quote:
Fix a corrupted user profile

Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.
To create a new user profile

To create a new user profile, you must first create a new user account. When the account is created, a profile is also created.
The steps that you should follow will vary, depending on whether your computer is on a domain or a workgroup. To find out, see "To check if your computer is on a workgroup or domain" in What is the difference between a domain, a workgroup, and a homegroup?
Hide all
My computer is on a domain

Open Microsoft Management Console by clicking the Start button , typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, click Local Users and Groups.
If you don't see Local Users and Groups

If you don't see Local Users and Groups, it's probably because that snap-in hasn't been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it: In Microsoft Management Console, click the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
Click Local Users and Groups, and then click Add.
Click Local computer, click Finish, and then click OK.

Click the Users folder.
Click the Action menu, and then click New User.
Type the appropriate information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
When you are finished creating user accounts, click Close.

My computer is in a workgroup

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
Click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click Create a new account.
Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

To copy files to the new user profile

After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.

Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from.
Open the My Documents folder by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer. Double-click the hard disk drive that Windows is installed on (it's usually your C: drive), double-click Users, double-click the folder with the name of your account, and then double-click My Documents.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Option... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120769-cant-log-my-profile-admin-win7.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear all admin Deleted profile I would really appreciate some help with a problem caused by utter stupidity on my part My parents just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows Vista bit and because they are getting on a bit I'd offered to set it up to their liking At Deleted admin profile one point they commented on having to log on every time on start up so I set about changing this To change it to an automatic login I went to the start menu search and typed quot netplwiz quot getting me to the User Account Control There I proceeded in my hurry to make them happy rather than check the automatic login to delete the only login on the computer I then happily rebooted it not realising my mistake until it restarted and asked for a password and then notifying me that no passwords had been found but that I still needed one The situation now is thus - The login page recognises the username but not the correspondent password - It recognises no other users - It requires a password to log in - No password recovery disk was made prior to my brainless actions Is there anything that I can do to solve this I cannot imagine it was that easy to delete the only admin account on the computer by mistake and shutting oneself out complete and irrevokeably Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Paaskonijn

A:Deleted admin profile

Do a system restore to a point before you deleted the account.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235004-deleted-admin-profile.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

A:How to log in as Admin on a profile set to Limited

Quote: Originally Posted by 211

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

When you logon to the " limited " account, the system does not know it is the " almighy " admin logging on ( joking ).
All it knows is a user with limited privileges and valid password has logged on.
Therefore, when the " user " wants to do something that is beyond the privilege restriction, the system will ask for admin permission. Hence the dialog box.

That is how it is supposed to work.
All you have to do is either enter your admin password, or click Continue. Then you can proceed to do what you want to do in that limited account.
You don't need to change their accounts to admin in order to do waht you want to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169612-how-log-admin-profile-set-limited.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Yesterday I changed the name of my main (and only) profile. Today I tried logging on with the new name and I can't get in. I can login using my old username but I am no longer an admin, can't access any of my folders, and cannot change anything in the user profiles without admin user/pass. I can't login as admin because I never turned the option on either. I've tried logging on as admin, administrator and default but I can't get any of them to work. Anything I can do?

A:Admin Profile Problems

Yes, System Restore to before you made the change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103543-admin-profile-problems.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I XP as Profile admin Working Not have profiles set up on my PC Two are set up as admin users and one is set up as a limited user The limited user and one admin profile are working correctly however the third profile is giving me problems It will log in with the correct password and appears to load the profile XP Profile Not Working as admin However when you try to open a program it says windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item If I set the same profile to a limited user it will open programs firefox ie etc I have ran the gambit of spyware detectors and found them all to be clean SAS MB Spybot HJT and combofix I did just find this entry in the Event Log which may or may not identify the issue Event Type ErrorEvent Source UserenvEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser Computer Description Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Access is denied For more information see Help and Support Center at This seems to indicate that I have a corrupted profile -- http www microsoft com technet support e v amp LCID Any idea of how to find this backup to the profile Anyone concur that this it what seems to be the problem

A:XP Profile Not Working as admin

I also would say that the original profile is corrupt, based on my limited experience.

There is a copy of the ntuser.dat file in C:\Windows\Repair on my system. I suppose that can be used to replace the damaged ntuser.dat file which appears in your personal Docs & Settings.

I think I would backup the profile contents...in case using the new file results in a wipeout.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180233/xp-profile-not-working-as-admin/
Relevancy 54.18%

When I am logged in as admin or logged into my sons user account I can access the internet. When I am logged into my husbands user profile I cannot access the internet. It was working before. I am slightly computer stupid so please talk easy to me! :)

A:Internet on admin & 1 user profile but not on other user profile

It tells me "The proxy server is refusing connections" ????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-on-admin-and-1-user-profile-but-not-on-other-user-profile-446646.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free internet access with Can only Admin Profile - MB Motherboard eMachines EL G Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Hello I recently tried to watch a show on couch tuner com and inadvertently clicked the wrong link which attempted to download a video player i did not want or need Ever since then I have been unable to access internet in any of the Standard user profiles for my son my wife or my standard profile I created a new profile and it also Can only access internet with Admin Profile will not connect Every time I attempt to connect I am given a page that says page Can only access internet with Admin Profile not available or page not available because you are not connected to internet although I clearly am I can connect when in admin profile although it is getting quite slower than usual I use Chrome web browser and am connected to internet via Google Fiber Free Internet WiFi connected via Belkin wireless USB adapter I have done a couple searches on this issue but have unable to find any real useful information I did notice several programs were installed ont he day the problems started and I have uninstalled them all I have run Mcafee antivirus and Spybot S amp D the issue still remains This computer is at my wife and son s apartment which I visit regularly but not everyday so there may be some possible lag between responses I appreciate your aid Can only access internet with Admin Profile Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-access-internet-with-admin-profile.1138468/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All

Last night my computer kept sticking at the welcome page after the password was entered. After restarting it a few times, it ended up sticking on a black screen with a white cursor.

After googling for help I ran a startup repair which said there were no problems but every time I try to log into the profile now it takes me to a temporary profile.

I have managed to create a standard profile now as I originally only had an admin profile and can see that the files and documents are still there on the admin profile.

I just want to know how I can fix the admin profile if anyone can help me please?

hope I've provided enough info, sorry if I haven't

many thanks,

lee

A:Vista admin profile problem SP2

Hi and welcome to TSF you may be able to run a repair like this http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html and this may be another possibility to let you sort things http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...r_activate.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-admin-profile-problem-sp2-466068.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I deleted a profile and restarted my computer then tried to log in to my admin account and it would not let me in.
I'v been to a bunch of websites and done everything with the command prompt that i could on my brothers limited account.
can't get in at all, need help bad all the family photos are on my account and their not shared so im stuck and i cant work with my brothers account because it can not do admin things.

Notes:
windows xp pro
limited account only
no reinstallment disc

HELP!!!!!

A:Solved: Locked out of admin profile

Hi and Welcome,
While working on the other issues, you could use a linux (Ubuntu) live CD to recover your important photos to external media.
Guide with screenshots http://www.techsupportforum.com/alt...use-ubuntu-superos-recover-files-windows.html

The version of Ubuntu may be different but the process is the same.

Hope this helps?

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locked-out-of-admin-profile.968289/
Relevancy 53.75%

This happened last night. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

I was rebooting my laptop as usual. I typed in the password and Windows loaded. But, Windows did not load my admin profile which I have been using before. Instead, it loaded a temporary profile with this error message appeared :

Windows cannot find 'RVHOST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a files, click the button, and the click Search.

The temporary profile was just a mere blank profile with less icons on the desktop unlike my admin profile before. I also couldn't see my photos, videos, documents, etc in My Documents but I could locate them through Search and could view them normally.

Why did this happen? How do I solve this and get Windows to load back my admin profile which I have been using before? Hope someone can help.

The temporary profile

A:Windows did not load admin profile.

That message appears to be largely associated with malware.

Please read and comply with this guide then post a new item in the Spyware section; http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-did-not-load-admin-profile-421906.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Please - account no profile user admin help I ve been getting the quot user profile service user profile - no admin account failed the logon quot error message on my account which was the admin account All of user profile - no admin account the solutions posted online require you to be logged in as an administrator in order user profile - no admin account to execute them So far I ve tried fixing user profile editing system registry etc as per this page http support microsoft com kb en-US wa wsignin can t from a standard user account creating a new account and transferring data can t from a standard user account restoring system to previous point using command prompts can t from a standard user account enabling the quot hidden quot admin account can t as a standard user being stressed and grumpy I can do this fine but it s not effective at solving the problem I don t seem to be able to do anything as a standard user on the only account left and every time it prompts for my admin password it won t let me go any further What do I do We have loads of photos and documents which haven t been backed up yet yes yes don t even say it and so I don t want to just reset the whole thing or risk losing anything Any advice Thank you in advance nbsp

A:user profile - no admin account

Restart the machine in the "Safe mode"
Use the "Administrator" account and password if you set one up. If you did NOT set up a password, then just use the "enter" key when in the password box.
Once up and running in the safe mode, you should be able to make a new account of the admin group.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-no-admin-account.1142637/
Relevancy 53.75%

Through a series of misadventures I somehow changed either my username or password or profile I am not too hep to Users and how they are managed in Windows machine All of the Favorites and My Documents have been lost under original username The original user name is missing under Documents and Settings I was stupid and didnt make a current backup tho I do have a hard drive backup from months ago but since then have many important documents that have been lost I have tried what I can to find these documents as they MUST still be on the hard drive I have logged in as administrator no documents there I have taken the messed up hard drive and put it in as a second drive with a primary hard drive made from an image from my machine from four months ago still no documents to be found I have tried booting winto the Windows Recovery Console when I log on there as Documents lost Lost help!! profile..please with My administrator it says quot access denied quot when I try to look at files and beside the lost files are not there I have tried to use a file restore utility to search hard drive and restore the files in case they were deleted no go help My questions are Since I have a restored hard drive made with an image from four months ago is it possible to copy over whatever files constitute this lost profile or permissions or Lost My Documents with lost profile..please help!! passwords or usernames or whatever use to be on the original hard drive to restore those lost documents Or if thats not possible is there any way Lost My Documents with lost profile..please help!! to recover these files from the Recovery Console or some other utility Lost My Documents with lost profile..please help!! What a freakin disaster who would think you could totally erase every friggin document on your computer just by changing a user name Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Lost My Documents with lost profile..please help!!

That's a tough one! I've renamed profiles before and been able to move data from one to another so I'm not sure how you lost all of your documents.

You can copy documents from one profile to another if you have admin rights. You may need to restore the permissions to the files by Right click, properties, security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-documents-with-lost-profile-please-help.125673/
Relevancy 53.32%

I only have one user profile with admin priviledges. I can not login to it, I get the "user profile cannot be opened..." msg. I can boot into all Safe Modes. After reading some online support messages, I booted in safe mode and logged into "admin" profile and it says "loading default profile" and then logs me in. I then attempt to go to User Accounts and "Add a new User" to add a new user with Admin priviledges, but this option is Not Shown to me. If I try to click on "manage user accounts" it does nothing. It shows a microsoft "shield" on left side of this option. I know I can access my documents in safe mode still, but need to create a new user to move them to. HELP!

A:Admin user profile corrupt, can't create new one

my advise to you would be backup your data (in safe mode) and reinstall, or try a repair install.. something in the registry is corrupt. have you used a registry cleaner/optimizer ??

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-user-profile-corrupt-cant-create-new-one-568997.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/
Relevancy 53.32%

Win 2000 Prof: Deleted Admin profile!
Can view deleted file ...000 but am unable to restore it. Is there a program that will let me go back and see all info on hard drive and find my deleted administraor & password so I can access old files?

A:Access Deleted Admin Profile Data

Welcome to TSG!

If you can't restore the profile, can you copy it to a new location? Even with that and copying over the default profile probably will not restore the admin account. You could try to repair the system, but I am not sure that would work either as it is not the same as the old NT repair where you could reset the registry to the last saved state. Your best bet is to do a clean install in the same folder and re-install all of the apps. Then from the new admin account you can take ownership of any files you need.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-deleted-admin-profile-data.113136/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys,

This is driving me crazy. I just implemented roaming profiles, but now my users are having issues because some of our applications require local admin rights. Also, we allow them to install software as needed.

Is there a way I can give the users Local Administrator rights either using a logon script or any other way?

Thanks for the help,
Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-rights-with-roaming-profile.610857/
Relevancy 53.32%

Last week I logged into my XP Profile quot Blazer quot and admin access Can't with Solved: even XP login Help! profile the entire screen was frozen I rebooted and the same thing happened Since I didn t have any money to purchase a new antivirus system I ran the free quot House Call quot after logging into my admin profile Unfortunately it did not find any virus Because my Blazer profile has a ton of important documents Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login on it I need a way to access this profile but when I login as admin and click on the Blazer profile in windows explorer it says quot Access is Denied quot I assume Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login some virus has attacked my profile and made it inaccessible My question is Is there a way I can access this profile and copy the contents to another profile Is there another free anti virus software on the net that may be able to Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login clean and fix this issue Thank you very much for any help I m really stuck on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login

Try taking ownership of the Blazer folder. See this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-access-xp-profile-even-with-admin-login.770735/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have Windows XP X and I created another profile to game and granted it admin rights When I rebooted I noticed only the new profile was available I have searched and pressing ctrl alt del twice did not recover the old admin account just granted me the new admin account I found this to be very strange as this is the first profile other. another Admin rights deleted with Creating time this has ever happened to me My files are still saved as if the account has just been hidden However after going under computer management the only account seen is the new gaming account I created and it has been changed as if it is the only profile ever created All my documents are still under the old profile and it is labeled administrator Is there anyway I can get back into my old account I'm not really interested in transferring files as I only wanted this profile for low services in the background for more performance Thanks Jordan

A:Creating another profile with Admin rights deleted other.

You were using the built in Administrator account for your user account profile. Once you create another user account profile, it hides the built in Administrator account (to be only used for Administrative purposes). You don't want to run your computer with the Administrator account, because if your user profile jacks up, how can you log on to repair it? So, Create another User account, and copy your My Documents, Favorites, and Desktop over to the new profile make it have administrative privileges, and leave the Built in Administrator account Hidden and un-used.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/creating-another-profile-with-admin-rights-deleted-other-419625.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having a problem with the is Profiles yet are Admin XP profile Slow; fast...Why? two profiles other than the administrator profile in Windows XP They are both running unusually SLOOOW i e they make molasses moving uphill backwards in January XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? look like light speed all the sudden while the admin profile runs at quot normal quot speed still Recently XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? had a spyware problem still finishing its cleanup XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? on another thread but it is essentially back to normal for now and I have removed all other virus programs and installed Panda Platinum since it seems to do an exceptionally thorough job in sweeping the system Not sure how the two other profiles can be so bogged down while the admin profile works just fine How can I correct this problem Thanks for any insight oh I have MB of RAM so that is not an issue Here s the latest Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files panda software panda platinum internet security firewall PNMSRV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AntiSpam pskmssvc exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Excite PrvtMsgr bin x IMPipe exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Accelerate accelerate exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security SRVLOAD EXE C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security WebProxy exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cidaemon exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security avciman exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security psimreal exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu F - RE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-profiles-are-slow-yet-admin-profile-is-fast-why.425837/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I currently have an XP laptop that has 2 account - one has all permissions, the other is a 'limited' account.

Last night the Main account decided it wasnt going to work and the screens stays blue with a cursor and thats it......

I can access the limited accoutn without problem, but i cannot get to the files because they are locked to the main account.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can get to the files? is it possible to upgrade the limited account without going into the main account?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul

A:XP Admin Profile Corrupt - Upgrade Limited Account?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-admin-profile-corrupt-upgrade-limited-account.363952/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi,
I am installed Office 2000 Proofing tools on a Windows 2000 Professional SP 3 machine which has Office 2K Professional installed. The problem is that the dictionary (of the Proofing tools) appears only in a Administrator profile. It doesnot appear in any non-admin profile.

What could be the problem.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2k-proofing-tools-work-only-in-admin-profile.209590/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello - I have a Windows 7 laptop with a user account that was not created with my knowledge. The laptop seems to have some type of malware, but this user account blocks any attempts to run programs or switch to another administrator.
I'd like help removing this profile and returning control back to me. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589287/need-help-removing-unwanted-user-profile-with-admin-privilege/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
Guys, I've been using an admin account till now for my customization needs and registry tweaks as i got annoyed by frequent pop-ups and permission thingy. Well, now it's all set to my needs.
Now, i'm thinking to convert my admin account into standard one.
Well, i know i can always create another admin account, log in to that account and convert my account into standard account.
I just wanted to know is there any chances of getting something like my profile getting messed up and losing my all hard work made to customize it to my needs.
Is their any other way of doing it? Or this method is itself the safest way? Also, how do i backup my user profile and it's settings aka configuration to restore if something goes wrong?
Sorry for so many noobvious questions as I've had never felt in need of it before.

A:Converting admin acc. to standard acc. & backing up user profile

Hello Ezio,

You will have to have at least one administrator account created on your computer at all times. If you did not want to use it for everyday use anymore, then it would be best to password protect it (if not already) and use the standard account instead. If you did not have an administrator account, then you would not be able to install programs or be able to make any changes that affect the system and other users.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132615-converting-admin-acc-standard-acc-backing-up-user-profile.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I have been up and down various boards over the last few days and though I have found many suggestions I keep finding myself in an endless loop I enabled the Hidden Admin account on my Win Pro laptop The account was created without a hitch but when I try to login I get a defualt profile loading up Blank desktop and a very limited user profile Not even a command prompt in the quot Accessories quot folder in the Start menu When I try and access the Users folder I get denied Strange as this is the quot Super quot Hidden Admin account I have found suggestions with regards to Regedit problem Admin Hidden profile account default but the account is not listed in profiles list Only my original quot Jay quot account and system profiles network local I have tried to create other accounts I created a Standard account without a password and I get this error quot User profile services failed the login quot This error too Hidden Admin account default profile problem led me to a Regedit solution but again the account is not present In fact no new user folders are created when I make a new account When I try to view Users folder from my quot Jay quot account which works brilliantly there are no other user folders It's like it allows me to create new user accounts but is loading a default profile instead with all accounts I create Restore point won't work as I cleared all but my most recent the other day my one account is doing great so I cleared my restore points and made a system image now I wish I hadn't I don't know where to go from here other than maybe a repair install Kind of freaks me out about maybe messing up my only good profile account I have going right now

A:Hidden Admin account default profile problem

Hello Jay,

You might see if this may be able to help you fix this user profile error.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160167-hidden-admin-account-default-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been having a strange problem the last week or so I have an Admin account and a Guest account on my Windows PC I always use the user cursor on stuck after right profile busy startup. Admin Admin account However since a week ago I am not able to do anything on this account the cursor goes into the 'busy' mode and my laptop is effectively stuck The only thing that works is Ctrl-Alt-Del I do this and 'switch user' to my Guest account Admin user profile stuck on busy cursor right after startup. Everything works fine on the Guest account When I switch back to the admin account it is still stuck on busy cursor with nothing else being able to be done I have restarted shut down several times I have run a full scan using Avira and found nothing I have tried opening Task Manager using Ctrl-Shift-Esc to see what's going on but while the Task Manager window does show on screen it does not me anything i e the window is empty What could the problem Really grateful for any help as all my useful documents are on my admin account's documents folder and currently inaccessible Thanks

A:Admin user profile stuck on busy cursor right after startup.

Quote: Originally Posted by theroyale

I have been having a strange problem the last week or so. I have an Admin account and a Guest account on my Windows 7 PC. I always use the Admin account. However since a week ago I am not able to do anything on this account: the cursor goes into the 'busy' mode and my laptop is effectively stuck. The only thing that works is Ctrl-Alt-Del. I do this and 'switch user' to my Guest account. Everything works fine on the Guest account. When I switch back to the admin account it is still stuck on busy cursor with nothing else being able to be done.

I have restarted/shut down several times. I have run a full scan using Avira and found nothing. I have tried opening Task Manager (using Ctrl-Shift-Esc) to see what's going on, but while the Task Manager window does show on screen, it does not me anything (i.e. the window is empty).

What could the problem? Really grateful for any help as all my useful documents are on my admin account's documents folder and currently inaccessible. Thanks!

Hi theroyale,

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please check this link below which might be useful for you:

Fix a corrupted user profile

Let us know if you require further assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289863-admin-user-profile-stuck-busy-cursor-right-after-startup.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

A:cannot login, user profile cannot load, cannot run built-in admin account

Originally Posted by Jeff Eriksen

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

Jeff
there is a tutorial here for when the user profile fails to start. you might want to take a look. its here User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255341-cannot-login-user-profile-cannot-load-cannot-run-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 52.03%

HI all I appreciate admin built hidden profile+more in as temporary loading h.premium64/32 your help and time in solving few issues i am having I have a win home premium bit sony vaio nw m I think I have got my hidden built in admin account messed somehow it has been like this for months but only now i have had the time to try and solve it When loading says this is a temporary profile everything you do will be deleted contact admin I have my own admin account which is working fine The more above is the following issues on h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more my admin account the one which is loading h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more fine I ran Vaio hardware diagnostics and found error E-LAN- On my desktop I have about files from Mac instalation iso I extracted by mistake to desktop and can't remember if it is the snow leopard but I cannot delete them comes back with msg - file no longer in that location verify location etc I tried to delete from the folder but no success I had downloaded virtual box but have now deleted all folders and uninstalled it I had ran Qemu to install it but i got a black small screen that flashed quickly and was gone So I never used it I tried to install a virtual machine but with no success have Windows virtual PC installed but was not able to load a win iso Needed some help to enter the BIOS on this machine I managed to enter once by pressing power and Assist button but can't do it again And even that does not give me advanced options on BIOS settings Thank you Rosh

A:h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more

Hi all

I managed to sort out the built in admin account problem. is now loading fine, no temp. profile.

still need help with the other issues mentioned in first post above.
thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586550/hpremium6432-built-in-hidden-admin-loading-as-temporary-profilemore/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m having several issues with my Sony Vaio Profile Lock turned Logon User Failed Admin Out...Help! Windows bit Home Premium Laptop A few days ago upon start-up I received an error message when trying to login to my Admin account My caps were not on and I was entering the correct password Error message - quot User Profile Failed Logon quot I am able to log on to a secondary user account that does not have admin authority so I m basically stuck To make matters worse I did a bunch of shutdowns restarts to see if it would fix itself and now I get quot password incorrect quot error message on Admin acct I do not User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! have any cd s for the pc due User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! to Hurricane Sandy and I don t have another laptop I went to Youtube and found a Safe Mode Registry Fix that was super easy and was going to try it but now that I am no longer receiving the quot User Profile Failed Logon quot and have subsequently locked myself out I m not sure this fix applies I ve read tons of blogs and have visited countless forums and I m afraid to cause any more damage lose access to the secondary user account or the ability to connect to the net I definitely cannot afford to have it serviced and am hoping that I can resolve these issues with your help nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I set up a user profile given I'd been using my administrator user profile all along. Now how do I copy my desktop and browser, files to my user profile? I have Windows 7 Home Office Professional on my PC

Relevancy 52.03%

I just user when admin non made Lost Admin account account made a non admin user account on my Dell Inspiron windows xp laptop When I went online to sign in under my account admin it is no longer there My name Penne is there and Lost Admin user account when made non admin account so is my daughters I click on my name put my password in and it takes me to the desktop for my daughter and ALL my stuff is gone PLEASE HELP I have googled this and the only thing Lost Admin user account when made non admin account I am seeing is that you need to sign in under an Admin user account to fix this and get my stuff back THere is Lost Admin user account when made non admin account NO admin user account so how can I get it all back I did the F and went to restore to previous point and that didnt work I know there is a way to go to the restore calendar and find a day that her user account was not on there like last week so this might work but I dont know how to find this PLEASE help as all of my EVERYTHING is on my user account and I am lost without it all have a retreat this weekend and I need all of my sheet music and my songs Thanks so much PENNE nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Ran into an odd issue last night that I cannot fully understand. I will keep it short, but the basic jist is: I was trying to rename a local profile to [username].old so when they logged back into the domain, it rebuilt from scratch. However, even logged in as local admin to the PC, I kept getting access denied. At one point, I was getting a NTUSER error when trying to rename.

Was trying to rename through backdoor [\\[pcname]\c$, then going to doc&settings] as well as simply going to the C drive locally, no dice.

Tried rebooting twice, still no dice. This PC is in, what my job considers, a high security sec group, so maybe the GPOs being applied to the PC as it connects to the domain is tying up the local profiles?

A:[SOLVED] access denied to rename local profile, logged as admin

nm, just asked a coworker. says a reboot will usually kill anything tying up the profiles, if not, he uses a tool called LockHunter to find out what is accessing the profile and kills it from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-access-denied-to-rename-local-profile-logged-as-admin-628994.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My brother is running WinXP Home on a Toshiba laptop. (Unfortunately he's fifteen hundred miles away and very computer illiterate so I'm trying to help him but don't know much about his system.)
When he turns the computer on it gives him an error saying something about not being able to find the user profiles, so it boots up to a default profile. I know his information is still in there, and he was quite happy to learn that, but I'm not very familiar with XP and don't know how to proceed.
Is this a corrupt registry or something else? Would system restore help?

Thanks,
JTN

A:xp lost a profile

Did someone delete his profile? If this happened resently you can try lunching System Restore and revert back a few days etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-lost-a-profile.230824/
Relevancy 50.74%

Everytime I log off and restart my computer, I get a message that states " Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted." Can you help?

Relevancy 50.74%

Dear guy,
I'am using windows 2000 OS my permission is poweruser but i can't open my document, that's why i change my permission as guest and user after this my folder document was lost. " How i can retrieve my profiles "

Thank you
Bert02

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-profile.268870/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is for a friend of mine. She has winxp where she has two different users on her computer. When she logged in with her UN & PW she was shocked to see the desktop back to what she believes is it's original state when she got it from Dell. Everything she had on the desktop is now gone, however the other user works just fine. All of the other users icons and whatever else she saved is still there.

Does anyone know what might have happend ? Is her saved things gone ?

Help

Thank you

Cobra

A:Lost profile

If her profile became corrupted, then that can happen.

Also at that event, all documents saved under the "My Documents" tree, associated with that user may be lost as well.

This is the price you pay for the security that XP assigns to log-ins.

Good back-up habits are essential, however if there are no real security issues between users, then do NOT use the "My Documents" path for saving important documents. Create a data directory inder C: drive that is not associated with a log-in, and store data there. In the event a log-in is deleted or fails, the data will remain available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-profile.235109/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently went thru Trojan Spyware help to remove malware, (See Big Problem) apparently successfully. All the work was done as one user.

Today I tried to sign on as the second user, and had a new desktop created, and warning that I was signed on with temporary profile, and that any files created would be deleted.

The desktop lost the thunderbird icon, and my e-mail account is apparently gone. All my bookmarks in Firefox are gone as well. Is there a simple solution to this.

A:Lost Profile?

Eliminating a user account that brought in malware can also eliminate the problem since it was probably something in the Temp files. Try going back to your other thread and see if Catbyte can help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-profile-745505.html
Relevancy 50.74%

HELP
Booted computer today and it go to temp. profile to open? How do I get my profile back? All suggestions welcome

A:Lost Profile

Hello zplugger,

Depending on the exact error message, you should be able to use the appropriate tutorial below to fix this.

You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix

User Profile Service failed the sign-in - Fix in Windows 8

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/33555-lost-profile.html
Relevancy 50.31%

There Lost Profile User is a user in our company that can log in and authenticate to the newtwork without a problem but when her Desktop comes up she discovered that she lost User Lost Profile all of ther Desktop files and links The same is true for the My Documents folder it is empty I was scouting around and I found her Documents and Desktop links through Windows Explorer in the Documents and Settings Betty Desktop and Documents and Settings Betty My Documents It seems like when she saves a file to her Desktop or her My Documents folder it is now saved in C Desktop and C My Documents How did this happen She logs in as she always has done She logs into the network with her network username and password and all of a sudden her local profile seems to point to the C drive instead of her Betty folders in Documents and Settings Can anyone offer any input as to what happened and what would be the best way to fix this

A:User Lost Profile

Sounds like her user account became corrupted, somehow.Have you tried to create a new user account, and then transfer the user's data?How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94334/user-lost-profile/
Relevancy 50.31%

On startup (XP) the welcome screen had an error message that said something like 'cannot find user profile'. What does this mean and what do I do?

A:User Profile lost...

Sounds like your local profile is corrupt. Not sure if there is a way to repair a corrupt profile, maybe someone else might know of a way.

What I've done in the past though when encountering this problem is the following:

1) Log in as Administrator
2) Goto C:\Documents and Settings and rename your profile. Like from Bob to Bob_old.
3) Goto the Control Panel > Users and create a new profile.
4) Log into the new profile and go back to C:\Documents and Settings.
4) Copy you favorites, my documents, and desktop from the old profile to the new one.
Ex: C:\Documents and Settings\Bob_old\Favorites\ to C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Favorites\
5) Reset, log back in as Administrator and delete Bob_old.

Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-lost.540506/
Relevancy 50.31%

i used my user account on thursday night with no problems, however when i have attempted to use the computer today it seems my user profile along with photos and important documents has disappeared!

when i go into what was my user profile using my password as normal it now says 'loading desktop' and logs me into what i assume is a default user profile, all of my documents and settings have disappeared.

i have tried using system resore which doesnt have any effect

Please help

Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop was working fine just 2 hours ago, but when I turned it on now it said that it lost my profile settings. This is a laptop my university gave me--it uses Novell and runs on Windows XP. I thought it lost all my files that I created, but when I searched for them on the laptop, they are still there. I tried using System Restore to get everything back to normal, but it said it's unable to restore. I was wondering if I'm out of hope to get it fixed, or if there is some other way I can restore it?

Thanks so much!!

A:Profile Settings Lost... :(

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;811151

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/profile-settings-lost-79696.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I was cleaning my computer uninstalling old programs etc and I am not sure what I deleted but when I restarted my computer I got NTLDR missing error I googled and applied the fix at Windows XP users section at quot http www computerhope com issues ch htm quot That User Profile Lost didn t solved the problem and I got missing HAL dll error so I Lost User Profile applied fix as at http forums legitreviews com about html I was able to reboot then Later I applied fix given at http pcsupport about com od fixtheproblem ht repairbootini htm Now System is back but -- my user profile Lost User Profile is lost i e Start- gt Program Files doesn t list the program Lost User Profile that were there earlier I checked the quot Program Files quot folder all the software folders are there so nothing is uninstalled ex MS Office is there but I can t open a document -- Adminsitrative Folder is empty I disabled System Restore as part of cleaning process to remove old restore points thats why I can t use System Restore I tried creating new profile and copying old profile to it but that didn t helped How do I restore the profile Thanks in advance Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-user-profile.705607/
Relevancy 50.31%

Yesterday I installed a program on a W2K machine, as administrator, After instaliing I copied the profile to the users profile, and it wiped out all of her icons, files and folders. This is the first time I've encountered this, as usually it adds to the profile and doesn't delete the profile. any help to undo the damage would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-user-profile.101180/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guys,

When logging on I get foll error

Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile or the system. DETAIL - Incorrect function.

Internet is still connecting but cannot load Outlook or Itunes

System had shut down fine the previous evening.

Have tried to system restore, but it wont recognise any of the restore points.

How can I get this back. Had done a system back up just the previous day. so hopefully shant loose much.

Any tips will be appreciated

A:Lost user profile

I should also add that the computer has XP service pack 3 and the latest Itunes 8. Dont know if this may have a bearing on the problem. Other suspicion is a conflict with Norton Anti Virus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-user-profile-295114.html
Relevancy 49.88%

A new user was created on XP and given Admin rights. Now it is impossible to download and install... getting the message "you do not have rights...".. I tried changing the name to Administrator, but it says this name already exists. How do I get back to the Administrator account?

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok here is it,i cant change back from limited account back to admin i have try screwing around with it but that is only 1 icon to click and i dont know what to do next.As u can see i only can click 1 thing in that user account thing, i just now try System Recovery in the hope that i can reinstall the OS but cant as it cant load the Registry now i really dont know what to do now and hope you all can help me

A:Lost Admin Right.

Boot to safe mode and log into the "Administrator" account.
-Then you will be able to change your account type

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58859/lost-admin-right/
Relevancy 49.88%

On my laptop when i try to log onto a certain profile it comes up with a message saying that it cant find my profile most probably because i dont have security rights or because the profile is corrupted. it then says that everything i have done on that profile was lost and the laptop creates a temporary profile that can not save changes. it also says that if it persists i need to contact the network provider.
if you know what i should do to get the profile back or if it is impossible to do so. PLEASE TELL ME. (btw im using another pc to do this because laptop is not connected to the internet)

Thanks for taking your time to read this (even with my bad grammar

A:Solved: Windows profile lost

Without knowing your operating system and the exact wording of the error message, you might get a lot of useless "help".

Log onto your computer as administrator.
Create a new user account with a new name
Give that user administrative rights
Log off
Log back on as the new user
Go to My Computer> Drive C> Documents and Settings
User accounts are listed in there. Inside each of the user folders are subfolders.
Copy the contents of My Documents, Desktop, Favorites and Cookies subfolders from the "lost" account to the new account.

Other resources:

http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...&tid=8199ef05-4ff8-4349-8f58-4b97cc23c857&p=1

I don't know your level of expertise so I don't know how much help this will be to you.

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=4631

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-profile-lost.669828/
Relevancy 49.88%

I , the sole administrator of my windows 7 pc, cannot log in. It says User Profile Service is not available. If I attempt to enter thru my "guest", nothing I can do without my admin. permission. But, I can't get in. I can't explain how this came about. Please help!

Relevancy 49.88%

Turned my PC on this morning. Had 2 icons/profiles as usual.
One was mine "Dad" the other "guests".
Clicked on "Dad" & got a Message: "User Profile Service service failed"
Had to access email/Facebook as a guest.
Did access the Profile log in for "Dad & tried several different versions of my password, all failed.

Any suggestions? (System is Windows Vista)

A:[SOLVED] Lost User Profile

Hi please see this from Microsoft You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon bolded writing is for clicking on for further info

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-lost-user-profile-705483.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have lost all my personal documents from my desktop, if i search for folders or documents that i remember were there i can get to some of them, how can i restore these please.

Dave

A:Lost all my personal docs from my profile

Have you looked in Windows Explorer rather than on the desktop?

Are there some you remember that you cannot find using a good search tool?

Is it possible they were in fact deleted by you or someone else? Or do you think they are just misplaced?

If they are not in the recycle bin and are in fact deleted, you have to use drastic measures like running a file recovery tool, which usually has mixed results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/157902-lost-all-my-personal-docs-my-profile.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have an old work laptop that I want to connect to my home network The id that from profile lost domain and changed I use on the laptop is associated with a domain from work When I tried to add the laptop to the home network I took my id off the domain As a result when I rebooted I can t log in Luckily I got the admin id and pw and was able to log in to the laptop However when I created a new changed from domain and lost profile user id I can t get the new id to reflect the profile of the old id In essence I do not want to reset my application options wallpaper startup programs etc I want the new id to have the exact setup and prefences as the old one I have tried the following using the copy profile dialog but this didn t work since the old profile didn t show on the list created an user id that is the same as the old user id but the profile didn t attach to the new id s profile A new profile was created with difference in the profile name tried to copy everything from old profile under documents and setting to new profile Files copied included hidden files os files This didn t work either Some setting preferences were there but many were missing Is there anyway I can reset my old user id so that it is attached to the old profile or anyway to get my old profile and all settings and preferences to be associated with the new id Thank you nbsp

A:changed from domain and lost profile

When you created the new user, did you first delete the old user, keep the files then create the new one useing the exact name as the old one? . . That will usually bring back the original settings and files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-from-domain-and-lost-profile.454876/
Relevancy 49.88%

Okay so here s what happened I noticed an adult search tool embedded in windows when I would go to Search and then click Search the Internet and adaware didn t get rid of it -- so I downloaded Hijack I ran it and came up with the log below I deleted the seven items with quot bigsexvideo quot in the name as well as the one with quot gamespot quot in it After I did that the sound card didn t work so I did profile Lost after user using HiJack HELP! a system restore After the system restore I could not get back into my User Profile -- Windows XP said that the profile couldn t load because I didn t have security rights or because it HELP! Lost user profile after using HiJack was corrupted From the new temporary profile it created automatically I could get to my old desktop so I found hijack exe there ran it and restored the things I deleted before then tried restarting but my original profile still won t load The main thing I m worried about is accessing my Outlook Express Emails -- there are no Identities when I browse and HELP! Lost user profile after using HiJack go to my old profile s Local Settings -- gt Application Data folder Is there ANY way I can fix my old profile so that I can use it again or if I can t do that at least get at my old Outlook Express info Thanks for any help I m really desperate here Tim Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Turtle Beach AudioStation tbaspi exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System lexpps exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C PROGRAM FILES OUTLOOK EXPRESS MSIMN EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings T Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www sureseeker com search htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www nocensor com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nytimes com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www mysearchstart com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www sureseeker com search htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www bigsexvideos com s php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www bigsexvideos com s php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www bigsexvideos com s php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Calvin College ResNet R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer filter calvin edu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default http www bigsexvideos com s php O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run hpsysdorv exe C WINDOWS System hpsysdorv exe O - HKLM Run MWP ... Read more

A:HELP! Lost user profile after using HiJack

First download and run this http://members.shaw.ca/techcd/VB_Projects/PeperFix.exe

Then rescan and put a check next to each of the following then close all browser windows and click "fix checked"

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.sureseeker.com/search.htm

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.nocensor.com/search/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.mysearchstart.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.sureseeker.com/search.htm

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.bigsexvideos.com/s.php

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.bigsexvideos.com/s.php

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.bigsexvideos.com/s.php

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,(Default) = http://www.bigsexvideos.com/s.php

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4MWP3RM44HKBKT] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\URM2.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] C:\PROGRA~1\AUTOUP~1\AUTOUP~1.EXE

O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/141b03fd236b5632d223/netzip/RdxIE601.cab

O16 - DPF: {6F750200-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Ofoto Upload Manager Class) - http://www.ofoto.com/downloads/BUM/BUM_WIN_IE_1/axofupld.cab

Then reboot into safe mode and delete:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\URM2.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AUTOUP~1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lost-user-profile-after-using-hijack.229930/
Relevancy 49.88%

My son somehow deleted my profile on our computer. Is there any way to retrieve the information? OMG!

A:Lost User Profile and Information

Hello cocladyd, and welcome to Seven Forums

Double check to see if you may still have the "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder for your account available. If so, then you could retrieve any needed files from it.

If it's not there, then do you have a backup of it, or any system image backups?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348590-lost-user-profile-information.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The Profile Solved: lost and imgburn DVD-Ram other night i was using imgburn to burn some data when i needed to go somewhere so i tried to cancel abort what i was doing so when i got back imgburn had not stopped and my Solved: imgburn and lost DVD-Ram Profile dvd drive was going real fast so i tried to restart my computer but it would not or could not Solved: imgburn and lost DVD-Ram Profile end task on imgburn so i shutdown Solved: imgburn and lost DVD-Ram Profile the computer manually after restarting the computer i started imgburn and it says drive ready no media present and shows the name of my dvd drive and profile inactive windows shows device is working properly bios shows device listed normal i have reinstalled the drivers i have tried microsoft fixit i have restored my computer to the day before this happened still nothing happens when i try to play or burn dvd s or cd s the computer will not boot from cd i have taken it out and cleaned the lens unable to locate firmware is there someway to restore the profile nbsp

A:Solved: imgburn and lost DVD-Ram Profile

Try to uninstall the drive in Device Manager and reboot. Windows will reinstall the drivers as it boots. Then test the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-imgburn-and-lost-dvd-ram-profile.1044587/
Relevancy 49.88%

This has happened before and I was unable to fix the problem- so I started all over. For some reason, I tried to navigate firefox and was presented with a window that said default user, new create new user, or existing user- something like that. Not sure how this happened. When I went to default user- nothing happened, When I went to my name, I could open firefox but all my bookmarks were gone and it was like I was a new user. It took me months to re-create the bookmarks from the last time this happened. Now again and I don't know how to get back to my previous profile with my bookmarks.

Last time,someone suggested a fix which didn't get me anywhere. Can somebody help me to try again.

Thanks

A:Lost bookmarks and user profile

Open your Task Manager(Ctrl+Alt+Delete or right click on Taskbar ->
Task Manager)
and left click on firefox.exe to highlight, and End Process. Then try again.

To start the Profile Manager:
Close Firefox completely, Start-> Run-> type
firefox -p

Firefox Help: How To Manage Profiles
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Sounds like you're using an older vs of Firefox.
Go to Help/About Mozilla Firefox to see which vs you have.
The latest vs is 1.5.0.1. If you've still got vs1.0.7 or earlier then delete
everything to do with FF. You should start with a fresh/new Profile.
Save your bookmarks though/Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>Export to a
location you can find easily then uninstall through Add/Remove Programs
in the Control Panel.

How to perform a clean Installation
Firefox 1.5: Installation Guidelines & Common Questions - MozillaZine Forums
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=341279

Firefox Help: Firefox FAQ
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq
---------------------------------------------
Helpful sites.

TweakGuides.com - Firefox Tweak Guide
http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_1.html

Tweakfactor.com: Firefox Tweak Guide
http://www.tweakfactor.com/articles/...oxtweak/1.html

Firefox Tweak Guide - TechSpot
http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/firefox/

Firefox Help, Tips and Tricks
http://users.tns.net/~skingery/firef...efox_tips.html

Home - MozillaZine Forums
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/lost-bookmarks-and-user-profile-92918.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I deleted something that I thought was my logon Lost Solved: XP Pro... profile in attached to MS Accounting Software but clearly I think it was for something else as now I have lost my XP Pro profile for when I boot my pc It was set to automatically log in and go right to my desktop NOW Solved: Lost my logon profile in XP Pro... I get the Administrator profile without anything else AND I have to always log in with a password I ve tried to recreate my profile but when I do that in User Accounts it indicates that there is already one there with that name Perhaps so but I don t see it anywhere I m running a Compaq Deskpro PIII Mghz Mb RAM and XP Pro SP I searched this one and I can t seem to find it on the site here Please help as I can t get to the files in my profile Thanks so much for all Solved: Lost my logon profile in XP Pro... the past help you ve provided and may God bless Peter nbsp

A:Solved: Lost my logon profile in XP Pro...

Did you try a system restore back to a point before you removed the program?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-my-logon-profile-in-xp-pro.725680/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just completed the steps to remove a virus from my computer with the help of Broni in the malware forum. I went to launch Outlook and I am prompted to create a new profile. I have searched the computer for a .PST file and none are found. Is there any way to get my profile back so I wont loose all my contacts?

Relevancy 49.88%

On opening Firefox, I found that for no apparent reason, half of my settings have gone.

The following have gone: