Windows Support Forum

Acer V5-552 Laptop For Gaming

Q: Acer V5-552 Laptop For Gaming

Hey guys, I'm planning to get a laptop for general stuff and gaming. It's important to me that I can play PC games that aren't too intensive graphics wise. I need a laptop that can run games like Skyrim, TF2 and some MMOs at preferably medium to high settings (but I could go for med to low). The laptop I've found is here:
ACER V5-552 15.6" Laptop
Processor: AMD A10-5757M (2.5GHz, 3.5 GHz with Turboboost, 4MB L2 cache)
Storage: I TB HDD (5400 rpm)
6 GB RAM (DDR3) Up to 12 GB installable RAM
Graphics Card: Integrated Radeon HD 8650G
Resolution: 1366x768
Is this going to work well with fairly easy games or could I go even more intensive for games like Crysis 3 and BF4?
Thanks for your help,

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer V5-552 Laptop For Gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer V5-552 Laptop For Gaming

That processor is OK for gaming but the built in GPU is a little low if your expecting high settings even at 720p (With a decent framerate of course). On a game like Crysis 3 Which is so heavy on GPU's, you will likely only get low on that. As for BF4, I can say Medium 30+ FPS at that resolution. If you want a gaming grade laptop, your going to have to jump up a few notches for performance.
This is a medium-low end gaming laptop designed more for people playing not as intensive games as your listing. If you have a budget, could you list it and we will make some alternative solutions. Im assuming around $550 since newegg lists that laptop for that price, but with only 384 stream processors your not going to get far with that even at 720p except on the low settings. BF3 for instance on the 7660D (Which is just the 8650D essentially) runs at 58FPS average on low settings on a 720p monitor.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone I've just bought a new Acer Aspire V G My laptop crashes or reboot by itself every times i play a video game Sometimes minutes or hours later -I update all the drivers from the Acer Website -I've updated the Bios to the latest -I've already Random BSOD when Aspire Acer gaming run a memory test with Memtest during hours no single error -I've run a CPU test with intel with intel Processor diagnostic There's a warning which says CPU Frequency Test Passed with Warning The processor Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire frequency could be affected by Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire power management features In order to ensure the processor frequency is not affected by a power management setting enter BIOS load defaults and disable any 'Over-Clocking' or power management features that may affect processor frequency Also set any software applications which control power management features to default I didn't overclocked my CPU I don't know whether it's overclocked or not It's a second hand laptop -I've tried to test my graphic card with AtiTool but when i run it it says ''The Kernel Mode driver does not seem to be running A device driver is Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire required for communication with your video hardware -I've also run a hard disk test with HDtune and it seems that i have Mb as bad sector My specs IntelCore i - MQ ghz with turbo boost up to ghz Nvidia Ge force gt m gb ram DDR L to hdd West digital windows upgraded to windows bits Please help me to solve this problem thanks

A:Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!
Also, with the debut of Win10, we are extremely busy with it.

Do your still need help with this problem?
I will be notified if you reply to this topic and will respond within 48 hours.

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please use Option 1 as it provides Event Viewer logs.
Relevancy 47.73%

I will post a link to a computer that was purchased for me I have been out of computer gaming for awhile and have recently started playing a game called Dayz It is gaming Upgrading desktop retail for Acer my a modifcation for a game called Arma The computer runs most things that I have played fairly well However Arma is a high demand game which typically gets me under FPS I was thinking of getting rid of the computer and buying a new one or upgrading some parts inside From what I have been reading processor video card ram and power supply would be good places to start I haven t taken the computer apart yet to look inside and see what I can add to the current motherboard Budget is a concern and I don t want to go crazy I don t need to play on ultra settings Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming but normal or high would be nice Any suggestions would be great Here is the PC http www walmart com ip Acer-AM Windows- -Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-I Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

Without knowing your full system specs I would say, you could probably get by with a GPU and power supply upgrade. Do you know what size power supply you have in the machine? I'm also assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics solution, since you have an AMD-A6 CPU.
Relevancy 47.3%

Greetings I brought an Acer computer last year with a small budget It is by no means a powerhouse but it sufficed plenty so far for Can me better desktop (Video for gaming? Ram) make help card, my Acer you my usual needs Lately though I begun to be interested again in PC gaming and I was looking for the possibility to upgrade this computer in order to make it decent or even good for gaming Here are Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram) my specs Model Number ax -ef It s similar to this one in size http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo but has slightly different specs as follows CPU AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPU Speed GHz GPU AMD Radeon HD D Power ACER - Acer Liteon PS- Watt Power supply Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram) - http www amazon com ACER-Liteon-PS- -Power-supply sim B A QM RAM GB OS Microsoft Windows build -bit If you need additional info tell me and I will provide I d love to be able to run modern games but I have no idea of what I should expect and how much I should spend Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram) I d be more than pleased if I could run say Battlefield at medium to high settings but I don t know if this is a realistic expectation to have My budget is around to a maximum of GPU I spotted this video card in a recommendations article http www tomshardware com reviews gaming-graphics-card-review - html The Radeon R It seemed to me as a very appealing choice -Would my computer be able to handle it -Would there be a better card for my needs in a similar price range -What kind of performance should I expect from it or an alternative card RAM Additionally my Ram is in the gbs ballpark -Should I upgrade it to gbs or more -And if I should is it important to choose a specific brand of ram module over the other Also if current games are out of the question would there be a cheaper card I could get that could enable me to play mid-range games that were released during the past few years I d love to run something like The Witcher at decent settings or Dawn of War and Starcraft at a relatively fluid pace Finally is there anything else that s important and that I should know I m still somewhat new to PC gaming hardware Any support would be greatly appreciated PS Additional mention I am canadian nbsp

A:Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram)
Relevancy 47.3%

I need help upgrading my old Acer Aspire M1100. Its lying around and i need a PC for gaming. Budget = ?200-?300 ($310-$450)

AMD Athlon 64
512MB , 160GB HDD
ATI X1200 (integrated i think)
Windows XP SP3 (came with Shitsta Home Basic, Tried W7 Starter, worked well )
250 Watt PSU

I just want to upgrade it so it can run new games eg COD, BF3, LA Noire etc. Can this PC be upgraded? Do i need a new mobo? I want to upgrade the CPU to phenom II and a good GPU. Im guessing i have to buy a new PSU right? I need tips what to put in and how. Im a noob, i've never even opened a PC let alone change the parts!

A:Upgrading Acer Aspire M1100 for Gaming and Windows 7

Yikes, yes sir, you'd need a new computer. Yours. The case might be worth something though...

Don't know that you can get anything that will play BF3 with 400US$ o.0

Could try to build it yourself
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I have a acer aspire laptop, and I asume Acer eSettings Management should be on there.

A:Acer eSettings Management is not on my acer laptop

Hi ... It is the Launch Manager software you are looking ... Can be fond on the Acer Website under applications ...
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.
Relevancy 43.43%

two week ago my father bought this old acer laptop from someone who needed money I just found out that clearing need my father help the bought laptop, an Acer laptop old the PC perfomer installed inside says it has errors and its the at the my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop ''Mauvais'' stage in french Yes my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop my laptop is in french The laptop is an Acer laptop who has these stickers on it saying quot Intel Atom Inside quot quot Designated for Microsoft Windows XP quot quot energy star quot On two of the corners of the laptop is imprinted Aspire one What Im looking for is for the laptop to be just as if I just bought it from the store erasing most of the stuff without actually deleting some of the important stuff like Google Chrome Microsoft Word Paint and similar programs I don't own any usb drives except a really small one that is about two gigs or any disc drive thing I dont have much experience in computers nor can have contact with a tech savvy at the moment so please explain to me deeply what to do Also I did not browse the site So I do not know if a topic like this was already made Or if this is a the right place but yea help anyone

A:my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop

The older Aspire Ones are unlikely to have drivers to let them run on Win 7 and XP's end of life is 04/08/2014. I had two Acer Aspire Ones and both were garbage (as were the Acer desktop, keyboard and mouse I had). Personally, I don't feel it's worth messing with. Hopefully, your father can get his money back.
Relevancy 43%

Hi I m hoping I m posting this at the right place if not please move A week ago my girlfriends laptop started giving an error "ACER" laptop Acer screen. stuck on message on boot saying quot No bootable device press any key quot I tried a number of suggestions I found posted online to similar issues but to no avail I didn t want to completely reset the machine since it was still under warranty so I figured if we just submitted it for repair someone might be able to save more of her files However girlfriend lost the warranty receipt We gave up searching today so I went back in to try and reset it I couldn t access the recovery partition of the hdd and gf didn t make a recovery disc So I decided to try a reset using a recovery drive I made from my own Acer laptop which like hers came with win This seemed to work so I let it do it s thing I checked back on it a while later and it was on but when I checked again it was stuck on the quot ACER quot boot screen It was stuck on there for a couple of hours not responding to any key input When I restarted it by holding power button to turn it off first it again got stuck on the Acer screen If I m quick enough I can get into BIOS during boot but not once it s stuck on the acer screen Do you have any ideas what I can do try to get this thing working again Specs Acer Aspire e - Windows HDD Toshiba MQ ABD nbsp

A:Acer laptop stuck on "ACER" screen.

Unless your laptop is the same model as you girlfriend's - or at least from the same laptop series - your recovery disk won't work, mainly because it will try to install the wrong drivers.

I think your best bet is to try to get it fixed under warranty. You may not need the receipt, you can check the laptop's warranty status here :-
Relevancy 42.57%

I just bought a new laptop, it's Toshiba L300. I loved it so much, but then I tried to run Sims 2 in it and it's so slow even though I already lowered all the settings, it's still slow. Now my questions is: Can I increase the specs of my laptop so I can play games in it especially Sims 2 and 4?

A:Is it possible to make my laptop a gaming laptop?

Laptops are very difficult to upgrade. If money was no object, you might be able to do something, but practically speaking you are stuck with what you have.

There are "gaming" laptops, but they are quite expensive compared to a desktop. And they are prone to high temperatures and expensive to repair.
Relevancy 41.71%

Not sure if this is the best place to post this.... if this is an inappropriate location i apologize in advance. I am looking to get a gaming laptop with dual sli gefore 8600 video card so i can play direct x 10 video games. My Budget is $2000. Whats the best laptop i can get in my budget?

A:Gaming laptop

It would be a first for me to see a laptop with dual sli... that's only in desktops.

The majority of laptops are not suitable for gaming, especially if it's going to be DX10 and possibly Vista.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys! I am looking for a gaming laptop that would be handle games like BF3, TF2, L4D2, Etc. but I am having trouble finding out what would be the best computer for the lowest price. I need some suggestions! The cheaper the better and the appeal is important to me. I would like to be able to run the games listed above with like 60+ fps. Please leave some suggestions

A:Gaming laptop under $1,000

Option 1:

Has a GTX660M, 8GB of RAM, 3rd Gen i7, and a 1080P display. It comes with Windows 8 since the Windows 7 ones are gone. I wouldn't recommend this at this moment since last week there were 2 other models with a 500GB HDD @7200rpms, which is what you want, not 5400RPM. They are sold out though, maybe they will replenish for xmas since revenues will be released for Q4 soon, or maybe not. Also the 660M may struggle at 60fps on BF @ 1080p, it will play high at constant 40-50 fps (guessing from past experience but not completely sure)

Option 2:

Chose from the configuration you would like. This is MUCH more custimizable and they are great laptops, I would recommend this more.
Relevancy 41.71%

I am looking for a nice gaming laptop within for about $1000. I would prefer 512 video memory (not shared), 3 or 4 gigs of RAM, a 2.2 Ghz duo core processor or faster, and a hard drive running at 7200 rpm. I found this one, but I am afraid that there are some little details about buying a gaming laptop that I am missing. Is this a good laptop or should I look elsewhere?

A:gaming laptop

If you want the Gateway laptop, go ahead. But I would recommend also looking at the Dell XPS series. They offer some great budget computers, and very decent power too!
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys i need a laptop for gaming. AMD or Intel anything is ok. My Max budget is 65000 Rs INR ie 1444$ . Pls help me to select a good one.

A:Need a laptop for gaming

I would prefer Alienware

Alienware Gaming Laptops | Dell | Dell
Relevancy 41.71%

I was originally in the 4-500 dollar range, but i thought if i sold my 360 and all its games might be able to get something more.

Whats frustrating me is that pretty much everywhere i go, its the same thing as in the 4-500 dollar range except with a dual core i5 instead of a dual core i3 (they are both dual core, clock speed doesnt matter that much to me).

What is the best laptop i can get? i dont need to run the most graphically intensive games, but i want to have a fast laptop and be able to play skyrim on high ish settings.

I mean, a 520m is good, but i can get a laptop with that for 500...same with APUs, etc.
So i want BETTER.

A:Looking for a gaming laptop under $700

Try this websites

Try GR-Tek If you are in Australia
If in America, try iBUYPOWER

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so ya gonna have to search it up for now in Google
Relevancy 41.71%

I want to make my laptop in a gaming system. (nothing too flashy) I was wondering what upgrades as far as sound, video, memory i should make. Can u help?

not much you CAN upgrade on a laptop. can go

with an Extigy for sound , upgrade the memory to 512mb or so if your system will support it, video, your stuck with onboard.
the lcd screen will suck for gaming also.
Relevancy 41.71%

hi Guys ! I was thinking of getting a MSI gaming laptop. here are that 2 models which now I selected. can you suggest your idea about both 2 models..

I like to buy this..but its has AMD processor & AMD Radeon R9 M290X VGA.
and this one

please suggest your idea..thanks

A:help for buy MSI Gaming Laptop

Similar performance. Just a matter of chipset preference. Intel/nVidia or AMD/ATI

Although the intel build has a better audio chipset.

Warranty should be the same for both, so it boils down to brand preference and/or price.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop for about £800 and so far i've come across these two systems.
Now the version from Overclockers seems to have everything i want while the one at Novatech will need an OS adding to it and the hard drive upgraded which will cost another £100 on the listed price.

So as you can see the Novatech system will cost more but thats not what i'm really fussed with, I want to know which system will be best for gaming and video editing. If you have another system that you think i should look at then please link it.

Thanks guys. MDK.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I've been searching for a decent laptop for uni which I'll be using for almost everything, including occasional games.

I was wondering whether these laptops would suffice for playing demanding games such as COD:MF2...
Would there be much difference between them?

Many Thanks,
Relevancy 41.71%

I am getting a laptop for college and was wondering what is the best I can get for the price range of $900-$1300. I've been looking, but am having a hard time determining what will run the games I want since they are compared based on desktop configurations. I really want to be able to play the games Elder Scrolls: Oblivian, F.E.A.R., WoW, and Half-Life 2.

Thx for any help

A:Gaming Laptop Help

unfortunately Laptops designed with gaming in mind are very expensive. Alienware makes some and so does ABS. But they charge an arm and a leg for them. What you have to look at is what the system requirements are for the games and then look for a laptop that meets or exceeds those requirements. A budget of $1300 is not a lot I am afraid.
Relevancy 41.71%

I need a bit of help. the screen of my laptop recently broke so that gives em an opportunity to buy a new laptop. there is only one thing i care about and that is that i want it to be able to run DA3 when it comes out. the requirements is in the link at the bottom, but don't really know much about computers, som getting, some recommendations and/or pointers would be nice. Age 3: Inquisition

A:looking to buy a gaming laptop

I got my gaming laptop a few years ago and haven't had any problems running Saints Row 4 on max..
I like my Asus ROG (Republic Of Games) G73JW.
It's pretty big and heavy to haul around though. They have several configurations of the new model.
You might be able to find an older model like mine on Amazon a little cheaper than a current ones.

You concerned about battery life, size, or weight?
Fair warning, most "gaming" laptops have very poor battery life and are often heavier than regular laptops.

Just pick a few and read reviews of them. Amazon, Newegg, places like that. see if the positive comments overwhelmingly beat the negative. Even then, remember some new items can be bad or the person just didn't know how to setup or use it right. Read both, positive and negative on the ones your considering, then just go for it.
Relevancy 41.71%

Heya guys,

Looking at getting my misses a decent gaming laptop but under £500. (I know you can't get a great one with that budget.. but its all I can afford before christmas!).

Been looking at a few but im not 100% sure on which laptop graphics cards are best in at the minute.

Would really appriciate any help anyone can give with a few links and stuff

Are you completely sure you want a laptop rather then a desktop? They're hot, have a relatively short lifespan, lack upgradability and will be considerably less powerful then a desktop of equivelant price.

If you're sure it's got to be a laptop though, Dell and ASUS are both of a reasonable quality, Alienware make some of the best high end ones but are a bit outside your budget.
Relevancy 41.71%

I want help trying to run warcraft 3 on my laptop because i have successfully installed the game and when i try to go to Battle.Net it downloads the updates and then it says restart warcraft 3 to apply the upgrades and when i restart it, it says "An Error Occurred When Applying the Upgrades". This only seems to be a problem on my laptop and not my other desktop computers.

Please Help.

A:Help with gaming on my laptop

Tell us the laptop brand and model, or the configuration. The problem is usuall that Warcraft 3 won't work on many laptops... due to memory, audio capabilities, of video graphics hardware or drivers.
Relevancy 41.71%

So I compared these two laptops but I can't tell which one is better for gaming (I have very little knowledge about this things). Can somebody please help me?

I am not a professional but I do like playing games online with my grandkids. Two things I see that really make a difference for gaming are RAM and a graphics card. The purchase of my last laptop I got 12GB RAM and a 2 GB NVidia graphics card. I would say a minimum of 4 GB RAM and 1 GB graphics cards would be what you want to keep the game running properly...and for some online games that may not be enough. If you have a particular game you like to play, check on their website and see what their minimum requirements are. Then you might want to get a little better than that if you want good graphics on the game.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,   I just ordered the following laptop off of Amazon: Newest 2016 Acer 15.6" 1080P Gaming Laptop / 16GB RAM / Latest Intel i5 6200U (2.80GHz Turbo) / Nvidia 940M Graphics / 1TB Hard Drive      The model shows B01DOU2LPE  but I cannot find this on the website.  Any information on this?  It has a great price and a good review.   Thanks  Mark

A:New Gaming Laptop

Search for the E series Acer models. Jack E/NJ
Relevancy 41.71%

Between Lenovo IdeaPadY500 and MSI GE40 20C-009UC which one is comfortable for Gaming in high graphic?
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500

MSI GE40 2OC-009US
Check the original source of this two computer here

A:Laptop for Gaming

Welcome to seven Forums Deborah.

Based on these reviews, I'd definitely go with the Lenovo, much less money and and the only con is short battery life, while the MSI they say gets very hot.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Review & Rating |

MSI GE40 2OC-009US Review & Rating |

The MSI machine does have better hardware though.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, I've been a PC gamer for only a short time. I am looking at a gaming laptop, and I don't know how good the mobile parts are. here is what I am looking at.

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ mobile
Radeon 9600 mobility
512mb of ram.

Anyone know if this will keep me going for the next few years playing most of the newer games? I can easily upgrade the ram, because I know 512 is sub standard these days.

Thanks. Kainy.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys would this laptop be good for $950

processor type CORE I5-2410
processor speed 2.3GHZ
L2 cache size n/a
system memory 6 GB DDR3 RAM
hard drive capacity 750 GB
drives included LightScribe super multi DVD Double layer
screen size 15.6
screen type BrightView wide screen
video memory 1 GB
video/graphic chip BUILT IN

A:Gaming laptop?

Do you know the actual name/model of the graphic chip?
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm getting some lag on Portal when graphics are maxed. I'm thinking my GPU is the bottleneck here, but here are the specs:

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7 740 QM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1 GB GDDR3
500 GB 7200 RPM HDD
1920x1080 OLED multi-touch LCD

Also, it gets pretty hot when I'm running like this. My laptop is barely thicker than a netbook which makes me wonder if a more powerful GPU will even fit in there.

A:Laptop Gaming

There's no point thinking about other GPU's unless the 1 you have is removable which I doubt it is. The GPU (and subsiquent memory) is mounted on the mainboard.

The main problem is that 'mobile' GPU's just don't have the same power as their desktop counterparts and as such, running high performance games/apps will require more than the mobile GPU can offer (depending on in-game settings).

Saying that, you have a very impressive laptop and i'm now highly jealous but i'd look at lowering some of the in-game/app GFX settings and see if the problem still arises.

Another thing to note (and it's just me having my 'standard' head on lol) is that you need to make sure that all fan/heatsync ports have plenty of space as this can cause overheating.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I m pretty happy about this new laptop im getting for Xmas here are the specs all on my budget -Sager NP Built on clevo W ET - quot FHD gaming new laptop my matte screen x -nVidia GeForce GTX M MB PCI-Express GDDR DX w Optimus - rd Generation Intel Ivy Bridge Core i - QM - GHz stock w Factory overclocking - GB - DDR MHz Dual Channel RAM -DUAL GB Intel Series SSDs w RAID- -Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N Bluetooth Dual Band FREE promo my new gaming laptop And most of the bells and whistles IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU GPU COPPER COOLING UPGRADE - Extra Cooling Copper Heatsinks Applied to the Heatsink Heatpipes and factory benchmarked overclocking all for a little over with tax i am new at buying custom built machines But with the my new gaming laptop time i put into reasearching this purchase i think i ve done pretty well Feel free to comment leave your opinions Thanks SagerNP Built on Clevo W ET nbsp

A:my new gaming laptop

over kill for a laptop. The idea of a laptop is portablility...u need a fork lift truck for a Sager
Might as well have gotten a desktop, for that price you would have a rig that would stomp the competition
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi , due to unforseen circumstances i have been left with only my trusty old laptop to play World Of Warcraft .. I have a packard bell easynote F7280 which has 64 mb shared ram graphics .The problem is sometimes i'm only getting 2 or 3 frames per second .As you can imagine this is quite frustrating so i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could improve the performance of the gameplay ??? Thanks in advance for any help you can give .

A:gaming on a laptop

The only thing you will be able to add to that laptop is ram, thats it.

I don't believe that that laptop will ever be able to play that game.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey there friendly folks I'm looking for a nice gaming laptop I'm going to start at a university in August and I gaming Looking laptop to buy need a laptop because of the mobility My budget lies at around euro maximum I'm unsure about this though if I can get a lot of extra durability in terms of how long the GPU will last for gaming for Looking to buy gaming laptop a bit Looking to buy gaming laptop more money then I could Looking to buy gaming laptop raise my budget a bit keep in mind that euro thus doesn't mean I necessarily want to spend that much The GTX and will be released soon and I'm wondering if this might result in a price drop and if there will be mobile laptop versions of these cards Because in that case I'd like to wait a bit instead of buying one now to see if prices might drop What I'm looking for quot or quot screen x minimum Nvidia GPU GTX or up preferably Intel i or i CPU haswell or up preferably Atleast TB HDD Preferably atleast GB SSD not required Windows Atleast GB Ram HDMI port Atleast USB ports All other specs I don't really care all that much about but maybe I'm forgetting something It might seem like a long list but it just comes down to 'a nice gaming laptop' hahaha About the screen I'm unsure what size to choose A friend of mine has a quot MSI and when I look at it it doesn't look all that big but I'm worried that it might be a hassle to take it to university every day and if the tables there will be big enough hahaha So a quot might be a safer bet But I don't care all that much A few of my friends recently bought MSI laptops and they seem really great There aren't a lot of gaming laptop brands and alienware and razer are awfully overpriced Asus has some gaming notbooks laptops but I don't know what the quality of those are The Asus brand doesn't sound very good to me I don't know why I am currently using a Samsung Ativ Book which has suprised me a lot I don't think highly of Samsung and thats an understatement but this one is really performing much better than expected haha But it's time to move on to something better Any advice would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Christian SirBaas

A:Looking to buy gaming laptop

If you can, look into Eurocom to see what you can get for your budget. They have some good laptops and are fully upgradable usually.

Other than that, I've had 2 MSI's and loved 'em. Asus G75 and up series are good and get really good reviews so they're also an option.

IMO I wouldn't really go Alienware or Razer, because like you said they're fairly overpriced for what they are.

The MSI's (and Asus that I had) were all 17" and it was nice for a gaming laptop. You can always hook up a larger display, but for mobile gaming, 17" IMO is plenty fine. One thing you'll definitely want is A GOOD BACKPACK! I carried around 17" gaming laptops for 3 years at college...and I can't stress enough at getting a good / comfortable backpack. Spend the cash to get one with plenty of pockets/storage (you'll be carrying a power brick with you for sure), for laptop, books, accessories.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,What would be a good gaming laptop? I heard that Lenovo makes the best laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I hope that i'm posting in the right forum.
Relevancy 41.71%

I was looking to get another pc and I was thinking of getting a laptop or "desktop replacement." I've been looking around at all the custom sites like adk and puget and I'm not really sure what to look for. I've also been looking at those Dell XPS laptops. Basically what I'd like to know is a) what's the difference between the different processors available b) what should I look for in a graphics card and c) how do I know I'm getting a good deal. As far as graphics go, I'm looking to play next-gen stuff like UT2k7 and whatever else's coming out in the near future. Thanks in advance for any info.

A:Looking for gaming laptop

in my opinion... Alienware makes the only "real" gaming laptop. I say this because they use desktop CPUs (Athlon64 FX and Athlon64 X2), where as other so-called "gaming laptops" such as the Dell XPS models use the Intel Pentium-M CPU. Athlon64 CPU's by design are superior to Pentiums... especially when it comes to gaming.

To sujest anything for you however, we need to know how much you are willing to spend.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to realize that laptops are generally not upgradeable (except for adding RAM, or a mini-pci card). So what may be a top-of -the-line laptop today, will still be a nice machine in 2 years.... but will not be able to play the newest games anymore.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi people.

I am here again in need of your help. You guys always steer me well.

I am looking for a laptop. It will be used for writing (Word). However, I will be using it for gaming. I won't play the latest games, but I want it to be able to play some of the good games. Budget £400-£600.

I like Lenovo thinkpads. So much choice, some of the graphic cards look weak. Not sure what to get. Dell?

A:Laptop for gaming - £400-£600

I recommend the £579 option on this page.
Relevancy 41.71%

do any of you know any decent laptops that would be good for gaming (i don't excatly mean doom 3, but more morrowind-ish) that fall inbetween 1,000$ and 1,500$?

if not, then what should i look for in the ram, the processor and the graphics system? thanks! btw, i like both AMD and Intel so i don't play favorites.

A:a gaming laptop for under 1,500$???

dell, gateway, hp, toshiba all offer decent laptops at that price. look for the video card to have 64mb video ram, preferably 128. a Pentium 4 processor or AMD XP with HT. 512 mb ram. preferably 1 gig. dell is the 5150. just look around.
Relevancy 41.71%

So... I have about $1500 to spend on a decent gaming laptop but I'm not sure what I should get. I know I want Blu-Ray, 18" screen with 1920x1080, able to play crysis, unreal tournament 3, sins of a solar empire, sims 2 and also be able to watch full screen movies from places like I kinda like the Sony VAIO AW series but want to know if there was a laptop with a tad bit better processor.

A:Gaming Laptop

Maybe the Gateway P-7801u. It has a 1920 by 1200 screen, and a 9800M GTS graphics card, which beats the VAIO. There's no blu-ray, but you could get an external drive.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,   I just ordered the following laptop off of Amazon: Newest 2016 Acer 15.6" 1080P Gaming Laptop / 16GB RAM / Latest Intel i5 6200U (2.80GHz Turbo) / Nvidia 940M Graphics / 1TB Hard Drive      The model shows B01DOU2LPE  but I cannot find this on the website.  Any information on this?  It has a great price and a good review.   Thanks  Mark
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey Im entertaining the idea of purchasing a gaming/video editing rig laptop with ok specs, I know Lenovo pumped out the y700 with a sub 970 Graphics card, and Asus seems decent with it's G series, 551. Price point below $2,000. Can anyone chime in and offer some tips?

I've got a Lenovo Y50-70 (the 2.6 GHz to 3.6GHz variant), and it handles intense graphics and calculations (molecular dynamics) pretty well - of course not as good as a full-rigged desktop would. I'd recommend a Lenovo of an equal or higher specification since I've got one, but I can't speak for Asus.
Relevancy 41.71%

I was wondering what would be a good gaming laptop that doesnt break the budget so bad like the alienwares but is capable of playing: cs:s, bf2, WoW, Oblivion, and a couple of others at decent settings. Also what would be the best graphics chips for a laptop? thanks

For about $1500 you should get a descent laptop from Asus. Check out their website.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Guys,
i'm just about to buy this laptop for £953 (with no OS)
Serious strategy gaming is among one of its main uses on new games like
medieval 2 total war,black and white 2 and many other demanding games.

Will this system be able to play these games with there graphic and detail settings set at the highest and still play them smoothly.
thanks for any advice and any help on alternative gaming laptops for a budget of £1100 would be appreciated.

Titan T2 7200 Laptop

17" X-Brite Widescreen
Intel Core Duo T7200 2.0GHz Processor
2048MB DDR2 667MHz Memory
160GB SATA Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 256MB PCI Express Graphics
7.1 Azalia High Definition Audio
DVDR Multi Burner
56K Internal Modem
Built in Gigabit LAN & 54g Wireless LAN

Relevancy 41.71%

hey so i'm going to college soon and im looking for a good laptop. Price range max is 1200-1400... MAXX!! preferably less.... I'd like it to be able to run games and do pretty much everything. It doesn't have to be one of those extreme alienware laptops though because im not really a gamer... I'd just like it to be able to run some simple games if i wanted to play them. such as spore or other games... but i'd still like it to be fast and be able to run those games, not necessarily with perfect clarity or on the highest graphics levels.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, I was looking at getting a laptop for gaming. I play games like L4D, CSS, TF2, and others and was just wondering what would be a good gaming laptop that won't be outdated in a couple of years but won't cost alot of money. I am in Canada and would prefer someone to link me to a Canadian site with Canadian products. And also what brand is best for laptops?

A:Best gaming laptop.

Most likely i would try alien ware....
their products are very reliable, and not always as expensive as you may think as long as you don't go overboard.
Relevancy 41.71%

I m looking for a new gaming laptop - Unfortunately due to my current living situation it MUST be a laptop - Preferably quot screen with x resolution or quot screen - I know I don t need it for gaming but I d still prefer an i - Minimum of GB RAM preferably GB RAM but no more than GB - Weight is not an issue - SSD not required but certainly welcome - Looking Looking new laptop for gaming a to play games on Max High settings with fps with a Looking for a new gaming laptop GTX M or GTX M SLI -Must have a optical drive -Must have a built in mic -Webcam optional -Battery life is irrelevant because I will be plugged in whenever in use budget I ve done a little bit of research and I know I DON T want an Alienware ASUS Dell Acer or Lenovo I ve been considering a configuration of a Sager laptop from xoticpc com but I m open to recommendations hence this thread If anyone has any recommendations for a configuration of a gaming laptop that exactly or closely fits these requirements I d appreciate them Again unfortunately it MUST be a laptop nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Are laptops good for gaming. Thinking to buy my son one. He doesn't have room for a full size computer. Like to keep under $700.00.

Relevancy 41.71%

I got employee of the month at my work so they're giving me my choice of laptop from the vendors they work with. Basically I can choose a top of the line laptop from Dell, Compaq, HP, or Toshiba. Any thoughts on which is currently the best laptop out there for gaming??

A:Best Gaming Laptop?

I think all those are good makes of computer. If it is mainly for games then look at the graphics set up in them and then go for the fastest one with most memory
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys!
I have been looking fr a new gaming laptop and found this one: Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK: 15.6 inches, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

What do you guys think about this Dell gaming laptop? - I have readed a lots og reviews, and at the end this reviews from convinced me that I should buy this Dell Inspiron!

Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK: 15.6 inches, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD - LaptopOracle

I have found a good price on amazon but do you guys have a better idea of which laptop I should buy than this one for $ 799?

Jack Woodwild

A:What do you think about this gaming laptop

Welcome to Techist

Did you read the review you linked? I think it answers your question already.

- Dreadful screen
- Inconsistent game performance

I'd say from those first 2 cons, find another notebook
Relevancy 41.71%

My old laptop finally went "kaput", now I'm looking for a gaming laptop. I've been looking into some Alien Ware computers, but they seem to have a lot of negative sides to them (from the reviews I've been reading that is).

Would any of you have any recommendations?

I was looking to spend no more than $1300.

Relevancy 41.71%

I am Tara Covell.
I have think to buy a good gaming monitor under $900. I like to playing online games regularly. So, would you tell me best gaming monitor which enhancing my gaming experience.
I have seen some articles. I see the Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop(6th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ Processor up to 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Windows 10) under $900. 
So, tell me "it is good enough or not".

As long as you realize that for under $1,000, you're going to be buying  a compromise between gaming and price, it's a decent system.  It will absolutely NOT allow you to play high-hardware-demand games without reducing the video settings -- the 960M is a capable chip but it's low-end these days where gaming is concerned.  
If you're looking for top-level gaming, double your budget for a notebook OR buy a desktop system.  $900 can buy or build a very capable gaming desktop with a very good 970 or 10xx GPU in it -- an order of magnitude better than any notebook available at that price point.
The rule of two still applies - a $900 notebook will give you the performance of a $450 desktop, or looked at the other way, you'll pay $1,800 or more for a notebook that gets you what a $900 desktop does.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,What would be a good gaming laptop? I heard that Lenovo makes the best laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I hope that i'm posting in the right forum.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Everyone!

I've purchased a laptop today off tigerdirect for some gaming since my PC that I have now is ancient and can only run WoW on low settings, it's awful I know. I wasn't looking to go all out, but I did spend about $600 with tax/shipping.

I don't know much when it comes to GPU and their models I've come here to ask for your expertise. I'm looking to run WoW, Diablo 3 and some other games off of Steam.

Here's the rig.

Acer Aspire AS7750G
It has:
- 17,3" - 44 cm HD+ LED (1600 x 900)
- Intel Core i5 2450M (2,5 GHz, 3 MB L3)
- 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz (with empty slot)
- 500 GB SATA 5400 rpm
- AMD Radeon HD 7670 1 GB Dedicated
- 6-cell Li-Ion, 49 W battery
Can someone tell me what to expect running Diablo 3, WoW and some of the newer games out?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey I m looking to buy a new mid range laptop for gaming Mainly just LOL at the moment and I know both of these would handle it fine but I m wondering which would be the best performing laptop so if anyone can help me out that d be cool - http www trademe co nz Browse Listing aspx id Cpu- Processor Intel Core i Gen M Processor GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz MB L cache FSB duel core Ram- gb Graphics card- Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT gaming? Which for laptop would better be M MB Dedicated Graphics supporting Which laptop would be better for gaming? Microsoft Direct X - http www trademe co nz Browse Listing aspx id Cpu-The Lastest rd generation Intel Core i - QM Processor GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz quad core Ram- gb Graphcs card- NVIDIA GeForce GT M - GB Dedicated Video Ram Basically has the better gfx card but it is only a duel core with a worse processor Either one has more Which laptop would be better for gaming? than enough ram I m wondering if laptop with the better processor aswell as being a quad core will out perform when it comes to gaming even though it has a better gfx card due to it being a duel core with the worse processor Any help and advice is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Which laptop would be better for gaming?

Both of those graphics cards are low-end and pretty lame, so you won't be going much hardcore gaming.

Option 2 is better for you, though, IMO. I think LoL is more CPu dependent.
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area but it seemed best suited.

I am looking to buy a laptop for games. My budget is around $1400. I was thinking about getting an alienware m14x that is essentially the middle one on their website and thought I should get a more expert opinion before making such a large purchase. If anyone has any suggestions about what laptop to get or how to build the m14x the best I can on my budget it'd be very much appreciated.

A:Looking to buy a gaming laptop

Hello Fjork and welcome to the forums

I'm not familiar with the m14x, but I'll have a look at the specs and reviews now.

Have you considered a gaming desktop at all? Just to confirm, so I can look at prices etc., are you from the states?

The m14x is highly customisable so it would help us if you told us the specs you were thinking about getting

Relevancy 41.71%

Can anyone tell me how good this GPU is for gaming laptop, what its expected performance in games. Can i run BF3 on high for example:

I'm struggling to find any information on the internet such as reviews and comparisons especially FPS?

You should compare the laptop to the system requirements of any game you want to play. It's always a good idea to buy above the minimum, as high as possible, so that the laptop will not be obsolete when the next games come out.

But laptops in general are not meant for gaming. They are designed for portability and low energy use. Some exceptions exist, like Alienware and Origen PC.

See here: Top 10 Gaming Laptops
Relevancy 41.71%

I mostly play WoW and D3. I was looking to get a new razer blade but I am not sure if that will be able to play other games on a high setting? I know I could get a different laptop with better specs, but I like the slim feature of the blade.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 41.71%

Any body help me find good laptops for should be dell

Personally, I'd stay away from Dell; they have a bad track record when it comes to support.

If you're looking for OEM companies, Asus is the best in my opinion; their laptops are reasonably priced and come with some pretty good components.

If you want to try something different, go with a system builder; XoticPC is pretty good according to reviews. I've talked with their customer support and they are fantastic. They'll help you make a pretty good build, and their prices are not too crazy. They're a bit more expensive than other system builders, but the extra price is worth the great support and reassurance that what you get has been quality tested, will work to your satisfaction and also give you a great warranty.

If you're steadfast about Dell, then go with the XPS series and get at least a 15 inch laptop; anything less than that is not gonna do you justice in the parts nor the screen resolution.
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys
whats a good notebook/laptop for gaming just under $1000
for a college student

A:Gaming laptop for college

I'd recommend checking out the Dell XPS 17 L702X, which gets a good write up in the linked review. It should weigh in just less than 1,000, although it depends on the exact spec you choose, of course.

The only downside is it's a fairly chunky portable, but if you want a laptop that can really play games decently, then you're likely to end up with some pretty hefty (or something pretty expensive!).

The big plusses with this Dell seem to be the sound and screen, which are obviously two important elements for gaming, as well as the raw processing/gpu power.

Anyway, hope that helps...
Relevancy 41.28%

These are some specs for a gaming laptop I am looking at: PROCESSORNEW Intel® Core? i5-430M 2.26GHz (2.53GHz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)

OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

HD DISPLAY15.6? High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife? and Camera

MEMORY4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

HARD DRIVE500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

GRAPHICS CARDATI Mobility Radeon? HD 5470, 1GB
OPTICAL DRIVE8X CD/DVD Burner + Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning - Enhanced Burn/Authoring

BATTERY OPTIONS85 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)

WIRELESS CARDIntel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6200

BLUETOOTHDell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Internal (2.1)

SOUND OPTIONSSoundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
Just wondering if this would be good for an ok-ish gaming laptop.

A:Specs for Gaming Laptop

This looks like a nice laptop. Whats the model?
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys i'm helping a friend out who lives in Canada She doesn't know much about laptops but i'm afraid my knowledge on laptops is not very good either Laptop Gaming Advice on a This is the first option Newegg com - ASUS G Series G Vx-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot Advice on a Gaming Laptop GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Laptops Notebooks Is the cpu and the gpu good in that one This is the second option Newegg com - ASUS N Series N Vn-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Laptops Notebooks this has just about everything the same except the video card which is a GT M This is the third option Newegg com - ASUS N Series N Vn-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Laptops Notebooks This comes again with a GT M but with a quad CPU now Firstly is it worth getting a quad cpu if its mhz lower then the dual core one The other thing is there a huge difference in Advice on a Gaming Laptop the performance between the GT M and the GT M If you guys could recommend anything else or one of these that would be awesome Thanks Budget around

A:Advice on a Gaming Laptop

Gaming laptop's are useless. Crysis will crush them on high, which is the only option to play unless you can go higher. Build a new pc and spend what you save on laptops on new games. The best laptop chipset is either a 280m or one of ATI's - and that isn't saying much, a desktop 4890 is vastly better. Dual core is best unless you get a quad core with a high clock like a Phenom 955 @ 3.2GHz - equal to an E8500 in dual core games.
Relevancy 41.28%

i bought a new gaming laptop.

i can install games, but when i try to play it, its very laggy and fps sucks.
even when my settings are at the lowest possible.

even my 3 year old outdated laptop can play games better.

here is some of its specs..

model Toshiba Qosmio X870-11h
Intel Core i7-3610QM
CPU 2.3GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M graphics card
8gb ram.
screen: intel HD graphics 4000

what do i think is wrong ?

i believe i have installed something wrong, or my settings are wrong.

the laptop works super on everything else, but gaming. (its a gaming laptop)

i hope you guys can help :/

Relevancy 41.28%

http www amazon com Lenovo- - -Inch-Touchscreen-Laptop- dp B K ZIFFG ref sr ie UTF gaming to buy wants teen My laptop... this amp qid undefined amp sr - amp keywords lenovo i - hq y It s actually over his budget until his next paycheck at which point it ll wipe out his savings account So before he blows everything he s earned this summer taking orders at a fast-food joint thought I My teen wants to buy this gaming laptop... d ask if this will be a great choice It s a Lenovo Y laptop sold on Amazon He looked at it in a Best Buy store where it My teen wants to buy this gaming laptop... costs nearly a hundred dollars more He s a junior in high school this year so use will be for any school related study research rolleyes facebook Minecraft and he wants to get Skyrim Elder Scrolls downloaded once he makes his purchase I think the salesman said that this could be linked to his PS - I m not a techie at all so I don t know that this is hugely important but my son seemed impressed I ve read reviews dissing the screen But we saw it in store and didn t think it looked as unpleasant as some reviewers thought The other negative thing I ve read is something about having to press two keys on the keyboard to control the sound Again I don t think that that sounds like a big deal either I guess I m wondering if there s something better for his money or is this actually dang good for plus tax from Best Buy I know Amazon s price is cheaper but hesitate to have to handle any troubles we may encounter by purchasing it there rather than from b amp m where we can go in and bellyache Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

i ve recently ordered a laptop for college yesterday and im starting to get worried it isn t as powerful as i first thought I know college laptop? gaming the processor ram and hd are more then worthy of todays games for the most college gaming laptop? part but im a little worried about the graphics card the only thing is to get anything better you have to go to a quot and you have to pay plus and that isn t really college gaming laptop? in my budget and a quot is hardly a laptop so my question for you all is this will i be able to play CS S well and by well i mean mostly on high settings getting fps CS S is my game of choice but i would also like to play other games coming out at a decent graphics level maybe not on the highest settings but on med to lower settings hopefuly i didn t make a big mistake in ordering this settup although i can still cancel my order Battalion CLS-Turbo Case Battalion- CLS-Turbo Series quot Wide Screen WXGA x LCD TFT Notebook w Li-Ion Battery Universal AC Power Adapter Deluxe Carrying Ca Original Metallic Silver Black -Tone Color Processor Mobile AMD Turion MT- CPU GHz MB Cache w Hyper Transport Technology Free Software Game Free Game - Age of Empires III with purchase of any AMD Athlon- X or Mobile Turion based system Memory MB MB X DDR- PC- Notebook Memory Corsair Video Card New Mobility MB ATI Radeon X PCI-Express D Video Hard Drive GB rpm ATA- Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive CD-RW DVD-RW Drive X Dual Format DVD R RW CD-R RW Drive CLS-Turbo Sound Card D Premium Surround Sound Onboard Fax Modem Build-in K V Fax Modem Notebook Network Card Build-in Network LAN Notebook Mouse New Logitech MX Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse USB Accessories Build-in x USB Ports Notebook Flash Media Reader Writer Build-in -in- Media Card Reader Writer Notebook Car Air Charger iBUYPOWER Recommended Opti-UPS SS -AVR Mighty Voltage Regulator Carrying Case Free Deluxe Carrying Case Operation System MS Windows XP Professional Edition w Service Pack- Media Center Remote Control amp TV Tuner None IEEE- Fire Wire Card Build-in x IEEE- Firewire Port Notebook Video Camera Build-in CMOS Digital Web Video Camera Mega Pixels Wireless Network Adapter FREE Wireless LAN Wi-Fi g Mbps Mini-PCI Module Warranty Warranty Service Standard One Year Limited Warranty Lifetime Technical Support Rush Service Rush Service Fee not shipping fee No Rush Ship Out in Business Days Sub Total Current Coupon Instant Rebate min purchase per system OFF Instant Rebate for Battalion CLS-Turbo - Shipping Method Optional Coupon Code Total USD nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

If I try to play a graphic intensive game such as Fallout 3, it tends to lag/stick a little during the game but not all the time, just periodically. I'd like to be able to devote all the pc resources to the game, is there a way I could set up a second account on the laptop with a certain minimised start up, so that the laptop would be able to run the game comfortably with nothing going on in the background?

Am running Vista with 2GB ram and have an nvidia card but I think it is shared memory which may be part of the problem. I figure if I can minimise the programs running in the background I should be able to improve performance slightly, is this right?

A:Laptop lags a little during gaming

Try it out. Create another administrative account, open msconfig.exe (Run, type "msconfig", press enter), open Startup tab, uncheck everything else than drivers(nWiz, nvmctray, the nvcpl can go, then any audio drivers you have, don't disable them). If you're unsure, google all uncertain entries in the list, you should be able to determine what they are), you might want to disable antivirus and firewalls too, just disconnect from wireless (and wired, if you're at it), while using that account to game.
Another reason could be slight overheating. You could want to try running with the laptop elevated a bit from the surface it's on, for example put books on the sides to raise it(if there aren't vents on the sides. Put the books or whatever anywhere where there isn't a cooling vent/grill)... If this seems to help, you might want to get a laptop cooler (a box with fans or passive coolers that helps keep the laptop a bit cooler)
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello! I would like to see the comments and reviews all of you guys can share about gaming laptops, since I'm planning to buy a Laptop for this purpose in the coming months I'll appreciate if you can say which is in your opinion one of the best brands (and not overpriced) for gaming.

I've keep my eye on the Dell XPS but I believe they are so expensive when you really add the customize good stuff to those. I've seen the ASUS have some good models for gaming, HP web site allows you to customize a decent gaming laptop without being so expensive, and there's also Fujitsu which some models include the ATI HD2600 which I believe is pretty good.

Please leave your comments about it. Thanks!

A:Best Brand for Gaming Laptop

Neither of the above brands. Check out for the best gaming laptops available.
Relevancy 41.28%

i have decided to get a new laptop because my old one is old lol i have Gaming For Laptop On Advice a desktop pc but would be nice to sit on the sofa instead of at my desk so i have decided to go for a new one but i am stuck between i know these are not gaming laptops but im hopeing to be able Advice On Laptop For Gaming to play games i e Aion STO on medium to high setting the i have decided to go for are The Medion quot Akoya P Advice On Laptop For Gaming Laptop Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz processor speed MB cache GB DDR RAM in screen size Resolution x pixels HD Widescreen GB SATA GB hard drive Blu-ray player Multi format dual layer DVD RW optical drive nVidia GeForce M GS DirectX with Hybrid SLI featuring HybridPower technology and HDMI digital audio video output VRAM MB GDDR graphics memory Media card reader - compatible with SD MMC MS MS PRO eSATA USB USB ports Gbit Ethernet LAN Mbit s High definition audio with integrated loudspeaker and subwoofer Dolby Home Theatre certified MP webcam with microphone Wireless LAN b g draft-n Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Bit with new Media Centre user interface including Service Pack installed Software included Microsoft Works incl Microsoft Office Home and Student Trial Edition Nero Burning ROM Essentials including Nero Recode SE Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra Cyberlink YouCam BullGuard Internet Security Trial Edition Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium and Bit Recovery DVD hours battery life Size H - W D cm Weight kg Or The Sony Vaio quot AW M H Laptop Dual Core Ghz Processor - Intel Core amp Duo Processor P with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology Mb L Cache Mhz Frontside Bus Gb DDR RAM Gb SATA Hard Drive Windows Vista Home Premium With COA Sticker Blu-ray Disc amp Combo Drive reader BD ROM DVD -RW -R DL RAM Drive quot x Ratio WXGA Display NVIDIA GeForce M GT GPU Graphics With Total available graphics memory of Approx MB with dedicated GDDR Video Memory of MB HDMI Out Port WiFi - a b g Draft n Networking - BASE-T BASE-TX BASE-T Bluetooth - EDR Built-in Motion Eye Digital Camera Memory Card Reader Range Of Software Including - Picture Motion Browser VAIO Content Importer Exporter WinDVD BD for VAIO DivX Player amp Converter VAIO Movie Story Adobe Premiere Elements VAIO Music Box Windows Media Player SonicStage Mastering Studio and much more i cant decide which is best these are both within my budget but the sony is a stretch wanted to pay about - pounds because i will be using my desktop mainly i just want a decent lap top for when im away or if i fancy sitting on the sofa i am a gamer and love my games any advice would be appreaciated i need to order one soon its a gift from my husband and i want to make sure i have stuff to open on christmas day lol thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello to whoever is reading this post I hope you have a wonderful day and perhaps you may be able to help me So my issue is that I of gaming a laptop^^ with a Need lot choosing help cannot decide what gaming laptop i should get I have done a lot of research and still Im kind of lost So if you can please share your own personal favourites The reason I'm buying a laptop Need a lot of help with choosing a gaming laptop^^ rather than a pc is because im a student and i move a lot and i dont really fancy a n idea of carrying a massive tower with me I need a laptop that will be able to run MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA my favoutite series and i would also like my future laptop to run the games like overwatch and some new demanding games not necessarily on ultra high quality but at least recomended As i mentioned I am a student so im not rich and my budget is limited Please give me an advice for a new laptop this would really make my life easier My budget is between pound - pound i live in the uk preferably something on the lower end of the price XD it would also be great if the recommended laptop could serve me a few years with the release of new games I'm not a no life gamer would like to but the subjects I'm doing require a lot of work Don't have a prefered laptop brand so suggest anything you think is good however im not really friend with HP as i heard that their pc and laptops brake very fast so Thank you very much really appreciate your help Have a nice day TL DR Need a new gaming laptop Budget pound - pound need to run games like upcoming Mass Effect Andromeda at least on recomended settings and a laptop that will last me a few years
Relevancy 41.28%

I've been doing some research, and I have narrowed it down to two candidates:

the Acer Aspire AS8930-6247
and the Asus G50V

The Acer has a significantly bigger display (18.4"), a blu ray drive, and a Geforce 9600. The Asus has a 9700, and a 15.4" inch screen. What do you guys think? Do you have any other suggestions for a gaming rig under $1500? I appreciate it.

A:Best Gaming Laptop for less than $1500?

I vote for the ASUS G50V
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I Picky Gaming for the Laptop m currently looking for a gaming laptop I don t have much of a price cap but I d prefer under k Here s the general spec requirements the laptop must have I really need help I didn t think this would be so hard to find - d TOUCH SCREEN monitor quot or above currently biggest issue - rd Gen i -Windows -Blu-Ray Player -SSD GB HDD GB combo -Nvidia GFX GB So while it doesn t seem like it ll be that hard to locate all the websites I ve tried have proven null Newegg Asus Dell Alienware and even HP on a hail marry guess The closest I ve seen is the Asus g VW but again touchscreen is a biggie for me since I want to Gaming Laptop for the Picky take full advantage of Windows I appreciate very much any help I receive in finding my dream laptop that I can finally afford P S Opinions such as quot Windows sucks just use quot and quot X of that product sucks go with Y instead quot aren t needed P P S Again thank you for your time and I appreciate your even reading this because you didn t have to and you could potentially find me an answer nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

OK, so I recently got myself handed a HP G72 laptop, it has windows 7 64bit, 3 Gb RAM, i3 Dual core processor at 2.3 Ghz, and an integrated Intel HD graphics Graphics card. I am aware that this is not really a gaming pc, and I don't plan on playing HD games such as Battlefield, but I'm wondering how well this could run games such as DayZ and Tribes Ascend, just to name a few. I cannot use CanIRunIt because I have yet to obtain the laptop, I just know I have it.

So, would anyone help me out? How well would this run those two games.

P.S I understand that the laptop is upgradable to 8Gb ram, and I may do that, so keep that in mind.
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I ve been having loads of problems lately with my my problems Many with gaming and laptop computer and most of these problems are game related if you have some time and would like to help please do because I m beginning to think there s no other solution then performing a cleanup and fully Many problems with gaming and my laptop reset my computer which I don t want to do since there are a couple of programs and games which I ll lose if I resort to reseting my laptop For my system specs look for the file that I attached to this post it s a game booster diagnose -First of I seem to have a Many problems with gaming and my laptop weird thing going on with my video cards yes cards For some reason I have video cards and I don t think that s normal is it see this image this is my device manager window http imageshack us photo my-images devicemanagerj png The problem with these cards is I can t update their drivers because when I try to I get an error message after the installation saying that my software and hardware of my computer is incompatible the version of my grafic adapter isn t supported and I m suppose to contact the makers of my laptop to update my drivers -The second thing is that I sometimes can t play games like counter strike and minecraft because of something to do with OpenGL I understand it has something to do with rendering building D objects Note I tried almost everything to make my laptop run games faster use gamebooster set windows to best performance disabled the visual themes etc put down the brightness to not overheat my hardware CCleaner deleted as many programs as I could optimised the energy settings -Third thing is I get a bluescreen when shutting of my laptop it happens everytime when I turn of my computer -I also have an annoying virus which I can t seem to get rid off and I think it s also mentioned in the game booster diagnose the program stdrt exe plays random music and downloads alot of things and I think it makes my laptop run much slower too my computer used to run alot faster I ran alot of scans using various programs but none of them saw stdrt exe as a virus and even when I did delete it it returned a couple days later Need to know anything please ask I ll get back to you asap Thanks in Advance nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I just bought an Asus K Series laptop, processor being Intel Core i7-4500U, base speed 1.80 Ghz with turbo boost up to 3.0 Ghz. Its GPU is Geforce GT 740M. The RAM is 4gb.

So is this laptop suitable for gaming with smooth gameplay and performance, at least medium to high settings with nice FPS?

My main games are Counter-Strike Global Offensive, League of Legends and Dota 2. Maybe Resident Evil 6 and Saints Row IV too.

A:Is my laptop good for gaming?

Hardware mentioned seems to be impressive. Still if you want you can go to Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements and check if your system will be able to run the game smoothly or not. This site will run a small scan on your hardware and lets you know if the system is capable to run that specific game or not.
Relevancy 41.28%

Everytime I play a game, I get random bsod whether it's 30 minutes into the game or a few hours.

Attached file is the .dmp file from BlueScreenView. It's caused dxgkrnl.sys

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A:Laptop BSOD during gaming

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly with the required information -

Relevancy 41.28%

Are there any good Gaming Laptop brands for under 750 dollars?

A:Gaming Laptop Brand for Under $750?

It depends what level of gaming your looking for.

For intense high end gaming then I can say with some confidence that the answer is no for that price (double or triple it and then we're talking).

PS Even if there were a decent PC in that price range I'm certain it wouldn't run Vista.
Relevancy 41.28%

im in the navy so i dont buying laptop gaming new a have room for desktop i want the best laptop for gaming i can get i came across these thay look ok to me but want some advice be for i drop this much money on something i also dont know the differents between quad and extreme Processor specs im looking for are grapihcs sli g ram quad or extreme depends on whats better for gaming perfer blue ray but not to imporant screen size i like but i hear smaller like is buying a new gaming laptop better for gaming also i have had toshiba laptops of them they run very hot and shut off randomly is this a toshiba problem or just me both where satelites does any one know of any better laptops alien ware i dont know becuease they over-clocking and i hear they burn out quickly but might get if i some one really know alienware i would like to have this laptop for atlease years before i upgrade again any help would really help me thank you in advance X -Q Detailed Product Specs Processor Intel Core Extreme Processor QX Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate -bit version SP Memory Size GB Memory Speed PC - DDR MHz SDRAM Display Size quot widescreen Display Type WSXGA with TruBrite Technology Display Resolution x Graphics Engine Dual NVIDIA GeForce M GTS graphics with NVIDIA SLI Technology Graphics Memory MBx GDDR discrete graphics memory plus up to MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology Hard Drive Size GB Solid State Hard Drive SSD Secondary Hard Drive Size GB nd HDD Secondary Hard Drive Speed rpm Optical Drives DVD-SuperMulti -R double layer with Labelflash drive supporting up to formats Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless-LAN b g n Bluetooth Bluetooth V EDR Webcam Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel Inputs and Controls CD DVD Buttons Play Pause Stop Prev Track Next Track Mute button Media button key US keyboard with Key Pad Camera control buttons Dolby settings Panel Lights Modem Modem LAN Ethernet LAN Audio Built-in microphone Microphone jack mono harman kardon stereo speakers with subwoofer S P DIF output port shared with headphone port Headphone jack stereo AC Adapter W V A Auto-sensing - V - Hz input Battery Li-Ion mAh PC Express Slot -ExpressCard Slot Media Card Reader -in- Bridge Media Adapter S P DIF output port shared with headphone port USB Ports -USB with Sleep and Charge -eSATA USB combo port with Sleep and Charge iLINK i LINK IEEE- Regza Link Regza Link HDMI-CEC p support Software TOSHIBA ConfigFree WildTangent Orb Games Console Hard disc HDD recovery PowerCinema for TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Face Recognition Norton All-In-One Security -day Trial TOSHIBA Disc Creator Microsoft Works Version TOSHIBA Recovery Disc Creator TOSHIBA Speech System Ulead DVD MovieFactory for Toshiba Google Picasa TOSHIBA DVD Player Microsoft Office Trial Home and Student Edition -day trial Weight Starting at lbs Color Fusion Finish with Rogue pattern Standards RoHS Compliant Standard Limited Warranty -Yr Parts and Labor -Year Battery Qosmio X -Q Laptop Detailed Product Specs Wireless USB Ready Wireless USB Processor Intel Core Duo Processor P Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit Memory GB PC - DDR MHz SDRAM Display Size quot widescreen Display Type WSXGA with TruBrite Technology Display Resolution x Graphics Engine Dual NVIDIA GeForce M GTS graphics with NVIDIA SLI Technology Graphics Memory MBx GDDR discrete graphics memory plus up to MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology Hard Drive GB HDD rpm Secondary Hard Drive Size None Available Optical Drives DVD-SuperMulti -R double layer with Labelflash drive supporting up to formats Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless-LAN b g n Wireless USB Wireless USB Ready Bluetooth Bluetooth V EDR Webcam Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel Inputs and Controls CD DVD Buttons Play Pause Stop Prev Track Next Track Dolby settings Camera control buttons Panel Lights Media button key US keyboard with Key Pad Mute button... Read more
Relevancy 41.28%

hey all,

i just got a free laptop from a friend of mine, it's an "Acer Extensa 5513WLMI"

What i want to do with it is to upgrade it for gaming, so my question is would it be worth it to upgrade the laptop for some gaming, or just buy a new one xD ? and if its better to upgrade any ideas what would be good for it and at a low budget ?

Current Specs:

- 2Gb Ram
- Intel core 2 duo T5500 1.66ghz
- Intel Media Accelerator 950 [Gfx]
- 120 gb HDD

Acer Extensa 5513WLMI - Tech-specs <-- link for better specs.

A:Upgrading a laptop for gaming?

I would sell it and put the money towards a budget gaming PC. It takes a very specific laptop to play games on, and they are all VERY expensive. The few things you could upgrade on that aren't worth upgrading to be honest.
Relevancy 41.28%

I currently have this cooler under my gaming laptop Which is a i on a inch screen http www amazon com ACC-NT-CRYO-L ZFZ ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Is laptop a gaming cooler? better there I ve had it for a few years and it has gave me so much headache When I first got it the thing was missing the power supply Then they sent me another which worked A few months later the fans stopped working So then they sent me another fan base case Which works but goes out and I have to shake it to make it come back on occasionally Not to mention the USB ports on it have never worked Well today it finally went completely Which made me happy because I can replace it So I ve been looking for a replacement and I think I can settle on this one http www amazon com gp product B C MVBK ref ox sc act title ie UTF amp m ATVPDKIKX DER Here is some other information on it http www coolermaster-usa com product php product id http www Is there a better gaming laptop cooler? overclockersclub com reviews sf strike force It has two mm fans that are removable LED lighting and USB on it as well so I figure why not So I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better product nbsp

A:Is there a better gaming laptop cooler?

These are nice, but a bit of an overkill. You can get a basic laptop cooler for around $20

Laptop Cooler
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a dell d600. I know its a pretty lousy laptop but, i want to know if i
could change its memory from 30 something to 250 or 512 Mb so that i
can do some gaming

A:Bad laptop gaming upgrade

"...change its memory from 30 something to 250 or 512 MB"

This is hard drive size and not system memory amount. You could max out the laptops system memory and install a larger hard drive, but I really doubt that it would improve gaming capability much
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there got a whole load of questions regarding my laptop and gaming Ill split them up to make it easier to read Im trying to play Allods Online A new MMORPG that is well worth looking at Search Allods EU its free and a very good game Not your typical runescape Much more WOW but different Below are the min specs and i can play the game but it does have lag now and again I remmeber playing WOW much smoother on less laptops So whats going on Ive read the laptop simply isnt good enough and theres nothing i can upgrade When the game is on and im running Gamebooster optimising program it takes Gaming question. laptop just gb of my ram and - of CPU Im playing on lowest settings I want it smooth and lag free for PVP This will be the only game ill be playing Minimum Requirements amp Windows XP Windows DirectX amp Intel Pentium III GHz amp MB RAM amp NVIDIA GeForceFX MB ATI Radeon MB amp Screen with resolution x amp DirectX-compatible audio card amp Mouse amp GB HDD I havent got the newest bios it seems but ive read this is risky will it help me Click to expand Code Gaming laptop question. My Specs Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire BIOS PhoenixBIOS Release Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM gb x gb installed Page File MB used MB available Card name NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M nForce M DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Windows scores Processor Memory Graphics Gaming graphics Primary hard disk Someone said something about updating bios Will it help is it worth the risk Is my laptop any good Is it worth possible to upgrade mygraphics card I read its intergrated My knowledge is somewhat limited to google IF possible to upgrade is it worth it or should i go about getting a new laptop I dont mind getting a new one i can sell this one Also how much would you value it at All help and knowledge is appreciated and sorry for the large post Dan nbsp

A:Gaming laptop question.

Updating BIOS won't do a thing unless there is a very specific reason to do so. It certainly won't help any "lag" problems.

Is the "lag" due to your machine, or could it be simply a lag in internet communication? How fast is your connection?

You might also check to see what else you have running that you can shut down. WMI can slow things quite a bit if running. It needs to run, but you can pause it from a command line:

net pause winmgmt

You should not need to restart it since it will start itself, but if needed:

net continue winmgmt

Something like Bitsum's Process Lasso is also useful (or the free ProcessTamer--the free version of Lasso works well). You could lower the CPU priority of processes you need to keep running but that do not need CPU priority and raise the priority of the game to above normal or high (never use "realtime"--it will lock the machine and you won't be able to do anything). Lasso has a gaming mode. The developer is a very honest and hard-working individual who is always making improvements based on user feedback. Keep an eye out for the frequent updates if you use it. I have it on every machine I own. Once you get your settings the way you want, you can shut down the main program, freeing up yet more CPU, and leave the service running in the background to enforce the priorities. I run it under Local System credentials, but it works fine under any administrative credentials, too.
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I own a Toshiba Satellite which i use for gaming. Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the graphics performance on this model?

I believe the speccific modal is a L300 149, but this is based only on the toshiba website and my knowledge of the specs (screen size, harddrive etc).

On the it says the L300 149 use a Intel® GMA X3100, and in my Graphics Properties/information it says i'm using a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family.

As you can probably tell, I have only the slightest idea of what these mean, so any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many many thanks

A:Gaming graphics on a laptop

No you can't upgrade the video card on that laptop since it uses an integrated card and can't be removed. You would need a laptop with a dedicated video card like an ATI or Nvidia card.

The laptop I am going to be buying has a decent video card and is cheap.

Asus has some good extended warranties on their site and you have up to a year after purchase to get one so it gives you plenty of time.
Relevancy 41.28%

Gamers like to have the maximum amount of power, memory and other features available, They become more expensive than anyone else?s. This Asus G50V looks good it offers a cool looking body and a massive amount of features and specifications. The G series is a brand that is committed to gamers and their machines.It has INVIDIA GeForce 9700M GS - 512 MB and now available in india with os- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Asus gaming laptop

I think it would depend on the game as some online games don't support integrated graphics.
Relevancy 41.28%

I have been looking for a new laptop for a long time but don't know what i need.I would like to play League of Legends and Minecraft at 30-40 fps but not spend over $550.I also would like to play a movie every now and then. Also if anyone knows any websites that have a test to see that would be very nice. Thank you!

A:I need help finding my gaming laptop

I doubt you'll find a "gaming" laptop in that price range, unless used. The main lines of laptops from most companies are not designed for gaming. Alienware is something to check out.

BestBuy Gaming Series, for examples.
Relevancy 41.28%

My son would like a new or refurbished laptop with some decent gaming capabilities. We've always had Dells but would be interested to hear what other people are using. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Need recommendation for gaming laptop

Gaming and laptops really dont go well together. It either comes to a performance issue or a heat issue. Now don't get me wrong you can game on a laptop but your performace will most likely suffer greatly.
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay so I am ready to purchase a nice little gaming laptop I am looking for something that Gaming laptop advice will be a sturdy replacement for my desktop but offer mobility Here s my list of requirements Has to have a backlit keyboard Decent video card minimum GTX or equivalent quot Screen size with a resolution of x or x preferred Bland looks solid case Something you can bring into a professional environment Im strongly leaning towards a Toshiba Qosmio X but I m not liking the fact that it s restricted to the paint job with red Gaming laptop advice accents plus the body looks kinda weak flimsy I don Gaming laptop advice t like the way the ASUS laptops look I hate the fact that the body extends past the screen The MSI laptops look decent as well I d get a MacBook Pro if they had better video cards Also I even thought about building my own from a barebone system but I cant find any place that sells laptop parts CPU s Video Cards Thanks for everyone s Gaming laptop advice input nbsp

A:Gaming laptop advice

Have you looked at these:,12666825835,901pdb6671
Relevancy 41.28%

i'm looking into gettnig a laptop but really have never fooled with them

anyone have a certain one that you've gotten recently or know of one that would be good?

main thing is that i dont really know what spec's are good and not good

the game i'm trying to play is WoW

Relevancy 41.28%

Area-51® m9750

Operating System (Office software not included): Windows Vista® Home Premium
Notebook Tuners and Remotes: Without Media Center Remote Control or TV Tuner
Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® Series - Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8700M GT - SLI Enabled
Enables DirectX® 10 Graphics and up to 100% Performance Increase!
Chassis: 17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD - Stealth Black
Processor: Intel® Core? 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz 2MB Cache 667MHz FSB
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz ? 2 x 2048MB
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 120GB 5,400RPM (8MB Cache)
Optical Drives : 8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Wireless Network Card: Internal Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g Mini-Card
Sound Card : High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Thoughts on what I came up with?

A:Is this a good gaming laptop?

It is good, the SLi isn't very necessary. You could probably bump the processor up to a better one as well, keep it as a core 2 duo but aim for 2.0 - 2.5 Ghz or higher. Remember, when you are buying from a brand name, you are also paying for that name and not just the parts. Although it is a laptop so it would be much harder to build it yourself and find parts...

All in all its is a good laptop for gaming, depending on what games you play of course.

If you have the option get one 8800 GT instead of the SLi 8700M's
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I was wondering what is a stable/safe CPU temp for a gaming laptop?
on speedfan im getting a reading of while running a game. is this good or bad?
HD0 32C
Temp1 53-55
GPU 53-55
core 53-55

A:CPU temp while gaming on laptop

We need to know the specs of your computer. Download a program called 'speccy', and give us the details, along with your laptop model name.

But, that being said, 55c while in a game is excellent for a laptop.
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all I m going to get a gaming laptop and these are the specs Chassis Gaming Question. Laptop amp Display Vortex Series quot Matte Full HD LED Widescreen x Processor CPU Intel Core i Laptop Gaming Question. Quad Core Mobile Processor i - QM GHz MB Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPER-X Laptop Gaming Question. GENESIS MHz SODIMM DDR x GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX MX - GB DDR Video RAM - DirectX Memory - Hard Disk GB KINGSTON Laptop Gaming Question. HYPERX K SSD SATA Gb s upto MB sR MB sW DVD BLU-RAY Drive x BLURAY WRITER x DVD R RW Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX- EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND Sound Card Intel Channel High Definition Audio SPDIF MIC Headphone Jack Bluetooth amp Wireless GIGABIT LAN amp KILLER WIRELESS GAMING N NETWORK CARD Battery Vortex Series Cell Lithium Ion Battery mAh Operating System Genuine Windows Professional Bit - inc DVD amp Licence Anti-Virus NORTON ANTI-VIRUS - Year Licence for PC Question Do you think this could play Crysis p maxed out If not can you give me some games if could play maxed out p I have chosen windows because of the amazing boot up speeds on SSD and you get an extra - FPS in some games nbsp

A:Laptop Gaming Question.

Crysis 3 system requirements - 3
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys I have put a together gaming laptop and I would really like you guys to share your ideas/thoughts on it. If you have some tips please post them

Nvidia gt540m 2gb

Intel Core i7 - 2670QM Quad Core (2.2GHz - 3.1Ghz) 6MB cache

8GB DDR3-1333 ( 2 x 4GB )

500 GB 7200rpm S-ATA 16Mb cache

15.6" WXGA (1366 x 768)

The laptop is from

The main goal of this laptop is playing new releases like bf3, Skyrim, Crysis 2
I have found some videos of people frapsing (recording) gameplay footage of Crysis 2 and bf3 with the gt540m so it should work fine

Youtube video's:
Crysis 2:

A:Thoughts on my gaming laptop?

terribad, more cores

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Relevancy 41.28%

how would a laptop with these specs:
Intel dual-core 1.46ghz
1GB DDR2 667
Intel GMA X3100

compare to:
Intel Celeron D 305 2.66ghz 256kb cache
Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb DDR2 agp8X
1Gb PC3200 400mhz Ram
2X 40gb
(my current desktop)

I know neither one will be able to play any games from about 2004-present, but if you had to choose if one were better/worse which one? how much better/worse?

A:cheap gaming laptop

Well the laptop is faster than the desktop ones cause it has a dual-core cpu, and a faster ram speed, but laptops are mostly not really good for gaming, and it depends which game your going to run.
Relevancy 41.28%

It seems the quot Acer I have in front of me is falling apart and I sort of wanted a new one anyway for gaming and probably taking class notes school Budget American Dollars Resolution Up to A lasting gaming rig? laptop HD if it doesn't make the system get very hot Games Settings Desired DOS era on - probably high enough settings may connect to HDTV - though not enough to make it get A lasting gaming laptop rig? extremely hot C When I will buy Hopefully by start of college again - HardwareUSB ports though what laptop doesn't come with USB ports now HDD Half a terabyte I'd think Has a HDMI port Card reader convenience Dual or quad core VERY STURDY As long a battery life as possible Support for wireless N - SoftwareWindows Home Premium I doubt I need professional or ultimate Microsoft Office - Game softwareElder Scrolls Morrowind - gt Skyrim Portal amp Batman Arkham series Quake DOOM amp Wolfenstein all Commander Keen all Bioshock amp L A Noire if possible Bejeweled amp Peggle all anything else that interests me off steam - Other thoughtsDon't care weather AMD or Intel CPU or AMD or Nvidia GPU - If Intel don't care if Sandy or Ivy bridge - Don't really care weather i or i Unlikely but if possible UEFI can laptops even show BIOS Screen size though probably not more than inches Decent sized keyboard lest keyboard key feel

A:A lasting gaming laptop rig?

You can go for i5, Gigabit mobo, 8GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, ATI 6770HD, coolermaster elite430 cabinet, coolermaster 550W PSU. Monitor atleast 22 inch and microsoft KB and mouse.