Windows Support Forum

Windows 2000, power user, adminstrator user etc?

Q: Windows 2000, power user, adminstrator user etc?

Can I use the different user types in Windows 2000 to pick and choose what programs my kids can use? I have a few semi-violent computer games I would rather not let my children play or see. Is this part of the different user levels is capable of? If so, do I have to log off, and then let my child log on to make this work? If not, is there another program that does this, or one that perhaps adds a password to get into certain games or programs?
Are there any free ones?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 2000, power user, adminstrator user etc?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 2000, power user, adminstrator user etc?

Hiya

You'd be better off asking in Win2000 bit, but I'm learning it at the moment, so I'll have a go.

Yes, you can restrict them. You will have to log off, but as you are the main person who sets up the other users, ie your children, then you will act as the administrator. You can block acces to many things.

Now, as I say, I'm just beginning, but others will have a better chance. Go to Control Panel | Users and Passwords icon.

If the User must enter a password...is not ticked, tick it.
Click Add, enter the name. Next. select the level of access:

Standard, Restricted, Other

maybe Standard?

You can modify the account. Click Advanced, Advanced button under Advanced user managegment. In the Local Users and Groups window, doubleclick Users folder, and then doubleclick the user you wish to modify.

This bit I'm a little cagy on, but you could try with trial and error.

maybe someone could carry this on

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-power-user-adminstrator-user-etc.58023/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi i am new here.
So i make my acc there because i have a problem with admin/standard,
i made my local user to standard and one other to administrator and this user amdin i cant see in the switcher users what can.
I Trued:Cmd/net users administrator /active:yes(acces denied error 5)

Please help.

A:Cant See adminstrator in switch user

I Trued:Cmd/net users administrator /active:yes(acces denied error 5)

Can't run this as standard user.

You have the same problem which I've just helped in this week:
Removed my Only User Account from Administrators Group

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52944-cant-see-adminstrator-switch-user.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello. I am using a "Power User" account as my day-to-day User Group. I am having problems when I click on "New Office Document" link in the start menu. When it starts up I get the following Message.

Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1
-------------------------
Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

I fully installed MS Word 2000 with and Administrative account. It should work fine since it's only a step down right? Should I run the "detect and repair?"

When I went to the office website and scanned for updates, the scan said I was all good. Here is pic of error message. Do I need some sort of permissions application for example like Nero's "Nero Permissions?"

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-2000-power-user-sr1-error-help-please.399176/
Relevancy 83.85%

I am running MS Windows 7 home premium, and today I was attempting to update Adobe flash player but it states that I do not have administrator privileges. When I checked the user accounts in the control panel, it says I AM the administrator. Mine is the only user account on the laptop. I attempted a right click on the program to run as administrator but it still did not work.

I do know when I try to update certain things in Spybot I get the same problem. I'm sure this is a common problem, but I can not find a reliable way to fix it. Thanks for any information on how to mend this situation.

A:adminstrator permissions denied but am the only user

the actual admin account is disabled and hidden

your admin account is not the actual admin account,but an account with elevated privileges

right click and run as admin should work,it sounds like you may have installed something that is blocking it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adminstrator-permissions-denied-but-am-the-only-user.1080841/
Relevancy 83.85%

Is there anyway to give a "User Account" the same rights as the "Default Administrator Account"?

A:Default Adminstrator and User Account

Try this & let me know how it goes. Remember you have to login to Windows 8 with Admin Account.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

1. Run ''COMPMGMT.MSC''
2. On Computer Management -> System Tools - > Local Users and Groups and left click Groups to select.
3. You'll see Administrator group, you can click Properties
4. Administrator Properties click the Add button
5. Select the USER box type in the name or accounts you want to add to Administrator Group and click Check Names

Click Ok to Save & Restart with the new user you just added to Admin

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17578-default-adminstrator-user-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi to all experts here , please tall me the way i get my original administrator user back in the login screen , Dont know anything about it .
THanks

A:Help me get my actual adminstrator user back

You should be able to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL twice to bring up a login menu.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-get-my-actual-adminstrator-user-back.18244/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have set up an adminstrator account for myself on my home PC, and individual 'standard user' accounts for my kids. I notice that certain websites such as www.pbskids.org do not load properly when the kids log into their accounts, but they open just fine through my adminstrator account.

The kids see the green background of pbskids and a frame at the bottom, but nothing else. Some other websites have a similar problem. What gives?

I tried disabling parental controls, but that had no effect (not that pbskids should be blocked by parental control anyway ...)

Would appreciate any pointers!

Running Windows Vista SP1 32 bit on a HP machine.

A:Can open certain websites as adminstrator but not as standard user

Welcome
Sounds like a corrupt account. Open a new account for the kids at least as a test.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/295005-can-open-certain-websites-adminstrator-but-not-standard-user.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Windows XP Home Edition SP Dell Dimension Recently I have noticed during normal restart that I am no longer given a choice of No Rootkit user have account. Possible infection. Adminstrator longer logging in under My Name or Administrator The restart leads to Windows screen and then goes straight to the Windows desktop I DO have a choice when I restart in Safe Mode Here are the following problems I have noticed so far -Updates from Windows Update download and install but do not complete on restart The Possible Rootkit infection. No longer have Adminstrator user account. same updates exist as though they were never downloaded and installed -After returning to the computer from inactivity it frequently has shut down on it's own and restarted Maybe this is related to it trying to complete Window Update install I am not sure -Under User Accounts in Control Panel the following exists My Name with computer administrator underneath Guest with Guest account is off underneath There is no separate Administrator account listing -After right-clicking My Computer and then Manage there is no listing for User Accounts under Computer Management Please help ASAP Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Jay Goldbaum at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files FingerPrint FingerPrintService exe C Program Files Norton Engine N exe C Program Files APC PowerChute Personal Edition dataserv exe C WINDOWS system BRMFRSMG EXE C Program Files Norton Engine N exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C Documents and Settings Jay Goldbaum Application Data HP SimpleSave Application HPSSBackupMonitor exe C Program Files FingerPrint FingerPrint exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my yahoo com uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s BHO Norton Identity Protection ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - c program files norton engine coieplg dll BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - c program files norton engine ips ipsbho dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Easy-WebPrint C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB Norton Toolbar FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - c program files norton engine coieplg dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - lt orphaned gt mRun APSDaemon c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files common files java java update jusched exe mRun iTunesHelper c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe StartupFolder c docume jaygol startm programs startup hpsimp lnk - c documents and settings jay goldbaum application data hp simplesave application StartHelper exe StartupFolder c docume jaygol startm progr... Read more

A:Possible Rootkit infection. No longer have Adminstrator user account.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/511319 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511319/possible-rootkit-infection-no-longer-have-adminstrator-user-account/
Relevancy 81.7%

Trying to lock down a tablet running Win 8.1 It's set to auto log in so I don't want the user to be able to sign out. Any ideas how to disable or remove it?

THanks
Chris

A:Remove Sign out from User Name and Power User Menu

In registry editor go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

double click on shutdownautologon and write value 0 instead of 1.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45085-remove-sign-out-user-name-power-user-menu.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a problem.

I'm the lucky owner of Windows 7 and i want to make a Power User (Like in Windows XP) so it can be able to create new users and make/reset passwords with it.

There is a Power User in the computer management, but it don?t have the feature I need. I've been told that it has something to do with group policies?.

A:Power user/super user

Welcome
The only method that I know of is the Hidden Adminsitrator
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable[2]=User Accounts

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141899-power-user-super-user.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Here I got a problem to copy user profile. i just recently setup a new server on Windows 2000 Server, assigned a new domain name as well. My workstation is using Win2K pro. How do I copy my user profile (saved in local machine) under the old domain to the new domain. I found that "Copy to" button was grey out if I tried to copy to my local admin account. I also notice that once if remove my workstation from the old domain and join the new one, my user profile under old domain will be set to unknown/"username", that means you cannot copy the whole profile from your local machine to new username under new domain.

Is there any alternative way to accomplish this issue?

Thanks!

Relevancy 75.68%

I was just wondering if someone could point me to a good website that explains setting up different user accounts in Windows 2000. I have looked on google, microsoft, etc. but it's hard to find good instructions. Can someone help me?

Thanks

A:User Accounts in Windows 2000

Try helmig http://www.wown.com/

click on the version of 2k you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-windows-2000.74271/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone I'm having trouble with a computer at work It seems to run OK when I use the administrator account but whenever I create a new account I have trouble Things like the History in IE not showing up in the browser not being able to open up the recycle bin not being to make user 2000 problems new Windows the language tool-bar go away and Windows 2000 new user problems lots of other fun little annoyances occur So after Windows 2000 new user problems running ad-aware and spybot I've decided to give Hijackthis a try The computer runs windows Thanks for the help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNTSystem smss exeC WINNTsystem winlogon exeC WINNTsystem services exeC WINNTsystem lsass exeC WINNTsystem svchost exeC WINNTsystem spoolsv exeC Program FilesIntelASF AgentASFAgent exeC WINNTSystem svchost exeC Program FilesDellOpenManageClientIap exeC Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS Debugmdm exeC WINNTsystem egsvc exeC WINNTsystem MSTask exeC WINNTsystem svchost exeC WINNTExplorer EXEC PROGRA WINZIPwzqkpick exeC Documents and SettingsOfficeDesktopHijackThis exeR - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Start Page R - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerSearch CustomizeSearch R - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Local Page R - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerToolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program FilesAdobeAcrobat AcrobatActiveXAcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - DA F-A AA- CCF-A - E FD - C PROGRA COMMON WinToolsWToolsT dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNTSystem msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNTsystem igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNTsystem hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINNTSystem DSentry exeO - HKLM Run owm C documents and settings odd vanhouteghenlocal settings empowm exeO - HKLM Run tcpanti C WINNTepair cpanti exeO - HKLM Run Jotybpy C Program FilesPvbeqvNehqiq exeO - HKLM Run WinTools C PROGRA COMMON WinToolsWToolsA exeO - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program FilesAdobeAcrobat DistillrAcroTray exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice OSA EXEO - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program FilesWinZipWZQKPICK EXEO - Plugin for spop C Program FilesInternet ExplorerPluginsNPDocBox dllO - ProtocolDefaults ' ivt' protocol is in My Computer Zone should be Intranet ZoneO - ProtocolDefaults 'file' protocol is in My Computer Zone should be Internet ZoneO - ProtocolDefaults 'ftp' protocol is in My Computer Zone should be Internet ZoneO - ProtocolDefaults 'http' protocol is in My Computer Zone should be Internet ZoneO - ProtocolDefaults 'https' protocol is in My Computer Zone should be Internet ZoneO - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall-beta trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - http ak imgfarm com images nocache funwe etup cabO - DPF A BA- - E -A - B AB BE - http download-ak systemsoap com ssoap pp stemsoappro cabO - DPF DDE -E - D -A - - http webplugin cabO - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net all xscan cabO - DPF F -DE C- -BC C- FCF D E - http download websearch com Dnl T QDow AS cabO - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINNTSYSTEM igfxsrvc dllO - Service ASF Agent ASFAgent - Intel Corporation - C Program FilesIntelASF AgentASFAgent exeO - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNTSystem dmadmin exeO - Service Iap - Dell Computer Corporation - C Program FilesDellOpenManageClientIap exeO - Service ISEXEng - Unknown owner - C WINNTSystem angelex exe file missing O - Service Intel reg NMS NMSSvc - Intel Corporation - C WINNTSystem NMSSvc exeP S Does anyone have any experience with the HijackThis Analyzers Are they good at filtering out th... Read more

A:Windows 2000 new user problems

Hello TheSunDevil and welcome to the BC forums. Yes there are some problems here but I need to have you run a new HijackThis log. The one that is posted here has no formatting in it. To run a scan and post a log please do the following:We need a complete HijackThis (HJT) log file to be able to analyze what is happening on your computer. Start HijackThis and click the Do a system scan and save a log button to perform a scan and create a log file. When the scan is complete, Notepad will open up with the log file in it. While in Notepad, press Ctrl-A to select all text and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard.POST the log in this thread using the Add Reply button. Click in the data-entry window and press Ctrl-V to paste the log into the window. Add any other comments which you believe might be helpful in our analysis. and click the Add Reply button.I will review your log when it comes in.DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL I CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTEROT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20373/windows-2000-new-user-problems/
Relevancy 75.68%

Dear friend iwas meet past few days like this Problem
any one have a solution. I am administraotr of this PC
Everty time i got this Error only way Reinstall the OS
so please give any other solution for this issue

i am attached the pic please

help me
kartook
amy advance thanks to all

A:windows 2000 user manager help

Did your system joined a Domain? If joined a Domain it won't allow you to access User Manager.

You can dis-join from the Domain by follow:
================================
1.)Right click my computer, choice Properties
2.)From Computer Name, choice Change
3.)From Member of section, choice Workgroup.
4.) Restart

Wa lah!
Done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-user-manager-help.325153/
Relevancy 75.68%

I set up a a bunch of user accounts for the Teaching Assistants in our department. Sometimes when they log-in it says something like, "You have 14 days to change your password." That's not exact, but it is something similar.

Is this because they are setup as "Restricted Users?" If so, is there a way to prevent that message from coming up? Or will I have to make them "Standard Users?"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 75.68%

Is is possible to use fast user switching in 2000 or is this exclusively a Windows XP feature?

Relevancy 75.25%

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but I really need help. At some point I accidently changed user name and password and now can't get back in. My computer is so screwed up. I tried to download an update and i don't know.
Can anyone help?

A:?? user name and password for windows 2000 professional??

Hi and Welcome but TSG can't help you This from the rules:
"Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided.".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-and-password-for-windows-2000-professional.733663/
Relevancy 75.25%

Here is my situation:

A user running windows 2000 on an NT4 domain joins a win2000 domain of the same name. How do I keep his local user settings (desktop, my documents, outlook etc.) from beginning anew?

A:Windows 2000 user joins new domain

Greetings

Try set him up with a roaming profile.

Open up User Manager for Domains, select his user account and open it.

Click on the Profile button and edit his profile like shown below (substituting the words server, share, username for the actual names)

Then copy his profile out of "c:\Documents and Settings" on his HD to that share.

Then do the same for the Win2000 server, and copy the profile to a server on that domain.

See what happens...

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-user-joins-new-domain.28661/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello, all!

How do I go about changing the default user's setting on a Win2K Pro machine? I want to change the default user's settings to Power User or Administrator so that whenever anyone logs in, they have access to everything. Thanks!

A:Default User Settings in Windows 2000

Try "start", "settings", "control panel", "Users and Passwords".You should be able to make your adjustments from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-user-settings-in-windows-2000.152894/
Relevancy 75.25%

I would like to create new user profiles so i can log in without being administrator all the time thx,......hgb

A:{Solved} - How do I create another user in windows 2000

Control Panel/Users and Passwords
Add

------------------
NormanSmiley
http://zuzumonk.20m.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-create-another-user-in-windows-2000.29098/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am the project coordinator for an internet/computer program for seniors at a senior center. I just set up a new computer donated by IBM in our lab. It has windows 2000. For the last 2 weeks Windows has been automatically logged onto administrator. I just created a new user profile for the seniors because I don't want them to accidently mess up our settings. This gives them a whole new desktop. I want to know how to make this guest user profile the default that automatically comes up when the computer is turned on so the seniors do not have to remember a password. I also need to get an internet connection set up on their desktop, but when in the guest account I cannot set up an internet connection through the connection wizard. Can anybody help?

Thanks
Senior PC

A:user profile default Windows 2000

I think you can find the information here
http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/win2k.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-default-windows-2000.55368/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a few older machines with Windows 2000 installed. I am about to donate them and would like to remove all user data and files. I have Administrator access to the machines, but not the User passwords. How can I, as the Administrator, reset the User Passwords?

Relevancy 75.25%

On a w2k-sp4 pc, my booting process starts looping with "Loading your personal parameters" when it reaches "Recording your parameters". That's the point where you hear the jingle which goes on indefinitely.

Since it's inside the opening of the User Session, probably that my profile is somewhat corrupt.

Safe Mode leads to the same loop.

FYI, I can access w2k files through an XP I have on that pc operating in dual boot mode.

A:User profile problem under windows 2000

are you using a login/password?

i've never seen "recording your parameters" in w2k/sp4 as it boots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem-under-windows-2000.607399/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up a new user on a windows 2000 machine? Step by step on how to do it. Every time I do it, I end up getting a bunch of error messages when I try to run the programs installed from the last user (i.e.: when I try to run MS Word or Excel or whatever, it tries to load them again and can't find the correct files. They still work OK but I get the errors every time I try to open them).

I tried searching here, Microsoft's technet as well as google but couldn't find anything.

Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 75.25%

I have been logging in to my windows 2000 professional machine as scott. i want to login as administrator, but when i do, all my old shortcuts and things aren't there. How can i make logging in as administrator have the same shortcuts as scott does now?

Relevancy 74.39%

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to create local administrator accounts on Windows 2000 machines. Either through the registry or some sort of batch file.

I need to create a admin account with the same password on about 60 machines and I don't want to have go to every work station and do it manually.

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone first post here I am a bit stumped I was tasked with moving a bunch of user files over to a new computer and it didn't come out right The old computer was Windows Pro the new computer is Windows XP Pro All user accounts are domain accounts on a server but all files are stored locally on the workstation they are currently logged in to Anyway I logged in the box as an admin and copied all the user folders in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the C drive I moved these over to another computer for safekeeping After I got the XP box imaged and ready to go I copied the user folders over to the XP box Domain XP Moving Files to Windows User from 2000 in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder I set up all the DNS stuff etc I had a user log in with his domain account and all looked good until I had him try to access his files When he clicked on quot Documents Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP and Settings quot it just took him to the long list of all the users and their personal folders Obviously I did something wrong but I'm not sure what There was no option for a quot My Documents quot folder or such things like that on the C drive without going to the quot Documents and Settings quot folder finding the right user and then navigating through that folder to find quot My Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP Documents quot Any help with how to rectify the situation Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP would be appreciated

A:Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP

Hi Bishop,

Can you check the following registry entries :

HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/CURRENTVERSION/EXPLORER/DOCFOLDERPATHS

There should be the path My Documents references to.

Remember to take backups before changing anything in the registry.

Kind regards,

Stumpy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moving-domain-user-files-from-windows-2000-to-xp-225622.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Current setup
- Windows XP Pro SP2
- Joined to a Domain

Issue: I'm trying to enable "Power Users" to install software and devices so I'm not bothered day and night for my admin rights. I've gone under Local Security Settings > Local Policies > Load and unload device drivers and have added "Power Users" and I get nothing.

I've added even "Users" and "Everyone" and still nobody is able to install software or drivers. When "Users" are added people are able to add local printers however.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I'm at a complete loss. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-power-user-issue.682794/
Relevancy 73.53%

completes starting up
completes preparing network connections
Logon screen flashes(set to remember password)
hangs at loading personal settings.
How do I get in to switch user accounts? How do I get in period?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-hanging-at-loading-user-account.370607/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

I was changing user rights in Win2k...trying to set up a dual user system...and I set the privileges to "deny" for 'everyone' and 'system' for the WINNT folder, system root (in hindsight, probably a stupid thing to do). When I logged in again, the system immediately logged me out. When I restarted, I get through the windows loading process but before the login screen I go to BSOD with a c000021a "fatal system error".

Does anyone know how I can reset the user privileges to "allow" for the system? I have win xp home which I have installed on my other drive, but can't figure out how to reset user rights...and trying to reverse from NTFS to FAT32 is sketchy...

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Steve

thenewmagnumsr at hotmail dot com

A:BSOD after changes to user rights, Windows 2000, error c000021a

Hi everyone,

I managed to convert back to FAT32....

it's all working now!

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-after-changes-to-user-rights-windows-2000-error-c000021a.372441/
Relevancy 73.53%

Two women, who have opened a summer school for pre-school kids, had a older computer donated for their use.

They are unable to boot up and log on successfully in absence of the the user name and password information that is requested by a window that appears early in the boot up process.

The operating system on this computer is Windows 2000 Pro.

I would be grateful for any help you might provide me in step-by-step fashion to solve this problem. I have limited computer technical knowledge, but can follow sequences instructions.

I thank for any help you might provide me.....

cordially
geoheid

Relevancy 73.1%

Earlier today I turned on my Toshiba laptop Satellite P -S and got some sort of error screen and then it brought me to a screen asking if I wanted to do a system repair or start windows normally I chose system repair but then it seemed to get stuck in that process It was taking forever and nothing was happening so I turned off the laptop I know big no no booted in safe mode and did a system restore to a restore point from about a week ago The quot starting Windows quot screen came and went no problem Everything seemed fine till I got to the User Selection screen the default blue one with the little hummingbird or whatever Then it just sat there on that screen I could see the hummingbird and the little squiggly lines but there were no buttons to click my user I just let it sit there and after about minutes the user names popped up and Windows takes the screen 7 user forever load select user/switch to I was able to continue using the computer without any problems no other speed Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen issues whatsoever It now makes me wait every time always about Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen minutes before the user names pop up It does this when I restart the machine and when I try to switch users It is a Pentium Core i Ghz GB RAM Windows Home Premium bit Let me know if you need any other specs Any ideas Thanks Tim

A:Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

The steps begin with disinfection from Safe Mode or boot disk, since if Win7 is badly infected it may not repair until cleaned up. Then everything possible to start it is sequenced.

I would also do the hardware tests provided before rescuiing the data to run Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274499-windows-7-takes-forever-load-select-user-switch-user-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

When I login to windows (7, Ultimate x64) on most profiles (created a new one, affected, logged into my admin account, 1 of 2 user accounts, a clean one for lightweight surfing with no load time for all 3rd party s/w) and my monitor goes from extended (blank) (1920x1080) to ... looking like it has a FAT black border (on secondary monitor).

Also some issues with network adapter connecting and mounted volumes attaching (instead of being instantaneous they take minutes) event viewer doesn't mention anything significant... any ideas?

Interestingly, I can't open Intel's CPanel (desktop context > Graphics Properties) (gfxui.exe) on other profiles.. will get details

A:User Profile Corruption/RegIssues? How to monitor windows (user login)

Sounds to me like something in one or more of the user profiles has gotten corrupted. you might have to delete one or more user accounts and then re create those accounts which should hopefully fix the corruption issue. I know u might not want to do that; but at this point i dont see any other choice to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325836-user-profile-corruption-regissues-how-monitor-windows-user-login.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all I had to repair Windows XP Home from original disk because of a system error Now choose Showing to Cannot user Names Startup at Welcome No User a logon : Windows when I start Windows on the welcome page it says quot To begin click your user name quot but the right part of the screen where the users normally are is completely blank There are no users to choose from I can run No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon Safe Mode so I have tried the following In safe mode went to Control Panel gt Users gt and added a new user and checked the Administrator password was still the same yes This made no difference and blue logon screen still asked me to choose a user but had no users showing In safe mode Start gt Run quot Control Userpasswords quot and unchecked quot Users must use a password on this computer quot This has now created the error when I boot quot Unable to log you on because of an account restriction quot Then goes back to blue quot To begin click your user name quot but no users Tried repairing Win XP AGAIN but no difference Has anyone seen this problem before I would so appreciate any input Thanks MJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-showing-at-windows-welcome-startup-cannot-choose-a-user-to-logon.703502/
Relevancy 73.1%

I need to add another standard user. I have one admin account and one standard user.

After adding the second standard account name and password on Control Panel
I get the confirmation that the new user can now sign in.

However,I get this famous message that the profile service cannot open.

I looked into C:users and find
Default.migrated
Public
Administrator
First standard user

But not the newly created user account. Nor can I find it in the Registry ProfileService.

Why does Window lye to me saying the new user account is available but it did not create it?

A:Added user account Windows does not create user profile

Did you sign out of your account and then try to sign in to the new one?
The new user folder won't be created until you sign in and set up the account.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41690-added-user-account-windows-does-not-create-user-profile.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently added an admin user to my comp. and the problem is that now when i reboot i have to either select admin or myself. i do a lot of remoting to my comp when im away and if i need to reboot im gonna be stuck because the comp will not automatically reload my profile. If there is no way to do this, how can i delete a user from the comp. Ill just get rid of the admin user.
Thanks in advance,

VC

A:can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

If I am understanding you correctly, I think this will help:

From an Administrator account, click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2. Remove the check mark from Users must enter a username and password and click Apply. Follow the prompts.

See if that helps. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-windows-automatically-load-a-certain-user-without-the-screen-to-select-a-user.160801/
Relevancy 72.67%

In Windows XP it used to be possible to set distinct power plans for different users through a registry tweak on the Lenovo ThinVantage Power Options software that I can no longer reconstruct (something to do with permissions for specific registry keys??).  I'm looking for a similar work-around in Windows 7 SP1 on a ThinkPad W530. At present, if any individual user, whether administrator or "standard user," changes power plans, that change applies to all users.  This is very inconvenient in my application.  Any thoughts? -- JCW2

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/User-Specific-Power-Options-in-Windows-7/td-p/3476335
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello This is my first post in this forum Sorry if i wrongly posted We are running windows and in our office I am IT Admin there In my office there are employees for designing and developemnt and one employee has some problem which i am fonts Windows 7/8 install Power user not able to solve So i posted here on these nice forums He is running win and he uses photoshop Now due Windows 7/8 Power user install fonts to security of our office and told by higher Windows 7/8 Power user install fonts management to me i have ordered to configure computers in following way There is one admin account for me and there is power user account for users Both are password protected Now the problems starts When he the user try's to install font himself a prompt appears for asking admin password and he always call me to install fonts for him since i have the admin rights only I want a tweak setting anything which will give him the permission to install font himself without asking admin password I tried this Allowing NON Admin users to install FONTS cyber in my home but it didnt worked Remember i am admin and he is power user and both are passowrd protected Please help me how can it be done Thanx

A:Windows 7/8 Power user install fonts

I think that this article may help you

Give users permission to install fonts under Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299581-windows-7-8-power-user-install-fonts.html
Relevancy 72.67%

About to head out to have a look at a mates computer shes on 2000 and said she was doing online banking and the numbers for her password worked for a couple then nothing, it froze she shut down the computer and now when she starts up she cant even get past user log in screen.

If i start up in safe mode then run tests if it allows me ?? or what can i do if i cant get into it to check or run any tests, can you restore a computer from safe mode??

A:Solved: windows 2000 wont go past user password screen

Can you log on with another account like "administrator"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-wont-go-past-user-password-screen.658702/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have Windows 2000 Professional using Fat 32. I have an administrator account and 2 user accounts. One account is in the administrator group and the 2nd account is set up as a user with restricted access.
The account set up as a user with restricted access is able to view my files in "Documents and Settings" as well as all the other users currently set up.
How can I set up this restricted user so that they can only view and have access to ONLY their files and NOT have access to other folders in other user accounts.
I tried using the "MMC" but their was no option available. Since I didn't install using NTFS, there is no security tab in the properties section of the folder. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Folder & File restrictions for user accounts on Windows 2000 Professional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-file-restrictions-for-user-accounts-on-windows-2000-professional.199972/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am using Windows 8.1, the power options are all set to 'never' but the display still powers off if untouched for 30 minutes, are there any other settings I can check _ Many Thanks

A:windows 8.1 power settings user options not enforced

Somewhere I read that this was fixed by going to the longest time possible rather than Never (assuming 5 hours suits you).If it's a separate monitor see if it has its own "On Screen" settings (buttons near the bottom).Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/windows-81-power-settings-user-options-not-enforced/2051.html
Relevancy 71.81%

A power user's guide to the Windows Consumer Preview By Ed Bott April am PDT Summary The more I use Windows the more I like it In this post and the accompanying gallery I want to share some of the small but useful hidden shortcuts surprises and secrets that only reveal themselves when you roll up your sleeves and use the new OS every day The more I use Windows the more I like it It s to guide Preview power Windows user's the Consumer A 8 still a beta of course but it s been fast and reliable enough for me to use day in and day out After more than a month of daily use the new Start and search screens have become comfortable Yes the new A power user's guide to the Windows 8 Consumer Preview design is a big change one that takes some time and a bit of unlearning to adapt to And yes there are minor annoyances The shortcut in the lower left corner of the display that leads to the Start screen for example desperately needs some fine-tuning I have no doubt that Microsoft has heard the intense feedback and will make the necessary adjustments in the final release In this post and the accompanying A power user's guide to the Windows 8 Consumer Preview gallery I want to share some of the little shortcuts surprises and secrets that only reveal themselves when you roll up your sleeves and use the new OS every day These are things you might not discover on your own Gallery shortcuts and secrets for the Windows Consumer Preview I ve come up with a dozen items divided into four categories more

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5535-power-users-guide-windows-8-consumer-preview.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hiya

Windows 2000 LDAP function could allow an attacker to change domain user passwords

Microsoft Windows 2000 with the LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) server configured to support LDAP over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) sessions could allow a remote attacker to change passwords for domain user accounts. This vulnerability occurs because a LDAP function that allows the modification of data does not check user permissions before performing tasks. An attacker could use this vulnerability to gain access to the domain with the privileges of other domain users, including possibly the domain administrator

http://xforce.iss.net/static/6745.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-ldap-function-could-allow-an-attacker-to-change-domain-user-passwords-ju.48591/
Relevancy 71.81%

Active Directory user account issues on replication in Windows Server I have two domain controllers replicating to each other SRV- is my main domain controller while SRV- is my additional controller When I create a user account on SRV- named quot bsmith quot is pops up on SRV- but the little face icon next to the name has a red white quot X quot symbol on it It appears to be disabled However the same account on SRV- where I originally created the account doesn t have the symbol Vice versa happens when I create an account on SRV- When I right-click on the account with the quot X quot icon I have an option labeled quot disable account quot but it appears to already be disabled from 2000 user Directory Server Active in Windows issues account on replication the way the icon looks So I click on quot disable account quot option anyway and the icon stays the same Next I right-click again and this time I have the quot enable account quot Active Directory user account issues on replication in Windows 2000 Server option When I click quot enable account quot the quot X quot disappears and the account appears to go back to normal Why is this happening How come the account is getting disabled on the other server Shouldn t it be enabled on all servers after creation Also why is it that I don t get the quot enable account quot option right off the bat when I right-click instead of first having to click quot disable account quot in order to get the quot enable account quot option Thanks Jerry nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/active-directory-user-account-issues-on-replication-in-windows-2000-server.487057/
Relevancy 71.38%

OK is it possible to set a windows user account to automatically sign in when I power up my system

A:Solved: Auto sign in windows user account on power-up

Disregard, I was thinking we were in the X threads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-auto-sign-in-windows-user-account-on-power-up.828555/
Relevancy 70.09%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 67.08%

Is there a utility to display multiple user logon icons something like windows XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-user-icons.556132/
Relevancy 67.08%

I need a list that will tell me all of the changes made in Windows XP from 2000.

FOR EXAMPLE:

In Windows 2000 a POWER user could use the "net use" command to capture a LPT port for a network pritner.

In Windows XP a POWER user cannot. Microsoft changed it to improve security.

Here is the knoweldge base article about it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=313644
-----------------------------------------------------

So, what else did they change? I would really like to see a simple list of some kind with this information. I have looked and looked and asked on many different forums. I have yet to find any info about this.

A:User permissions in XP vs 2000

This is a common question. Common enough for me to author a page on xp pro's permissions.

http://www.gingersnap.org/xp_user_permissions.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-permissions-in-xp-vs-2000.216556/
Relevancy 67.08%

Can I have more than one user Internet Email account in Outlook 2000? I've added the second account, but I don't see how to "change" to that account.

A:more than one user in outlook 2000?

I'm not sure about Microsoft Outlook 2000 but I know you can do it with outlook express where you can have multiple idenities. You computer should already be loaded with this software, it comes with windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/more-than-one-user-in-outlook-2000.234273/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a user at a client who is logged out of the 2000 domain at roughly the same time everyday. He is in the administrator's group and has no time restrictions on his account. He's deleted his account and recreated it and the same thing happens. Another consultant implemented Kix for login scripting. Could this have something to do with it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-automatically-logged-off-2000.43653/
Relevancy 66.22%

Okay so I logged into my User account flutterby Typed in my password and everything Now I know when I see my cute pink background and fun recycling bin icons that it Solved: Win 2000 Problems User s my users desktop But on this particular day low and behold it logs me in but NOTHING is there All that comes up is a quot welcome to windows quot startup page with its ugly teal background and quot normal icons quot Now I know computers are crazy so I did some investigating Through My Computer I found that quot flutterby quot under the folder of All Users WINNT had my desktop folders and such this was the desktop I wanted to access And it was under quot flutterby quot in All Users that did not have my personalized desktop It seems to me that my fun desktop was replaced by this other new one Solved: Win 2000 User Problems treating it as the same desktop for the password and everything worked only Solved: Win 2000 User Problems It s different I cannot access my personalized Desktop I could on and on but I think you get the point Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-2000-user-problems.516744/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All,

A Co-worker of mine accidently reserved a word document. When I attempt to open the file, I recieve a message box stating:
"whatever.doc is reserved by U. Sername"

Obviously, he does not know the password to unlock the "Reserved" status.

Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thanks for the help,

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Win 2000 system and I thought I turned this feature off, but it seem that when I turn the system on first thing in the morning I have to login. Anytime after that that I boot up during the same day it does not ask for that info.

How can I turn this feature off completely??

Relevancy 66.22%

I just got a computor that was used before. It has user passwords on it that I cannot get pass because all have forgotten thier passwords. How can I get pass these logins and reset the password so I can get in. I have no software for this computor.

Please help

A:Bypass User Login On Win 2000

So you dont have a legal license to use the operating system, nor do you have the OS to reinstall. Well I dont like doing this because it teeters on the unethical and illegal side of things.

But I know someone else is going to come around and give you the answer anyways.

But your answer is here.
Google Search for Offline NT Password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bypass-user-login-on-win-2000.184308/
Relevancy 65.79%

After setting up an application to "Run as other user" is there a way to have the Username, password and domain boxes already filled in with the appropriate info so the user doesnt have to fill that in every time??

Thanks!!

A:Windows 2000 "Run as other user" question

there should be an option to save the password or somthing like that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-run-as-other-user-question.166612/
Relevancy 65.36%

I searched Microsoft's website for an answer to this question but they're going all around it... And I can't get an answer to MY question.

In Access 2000, via the User and Group Accounts (in a secured database), is it possible to have a "Group" that has permissions to assign Users to Groups but NOT to have access to the design of the database?

If so, kindly let me know how to set this up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2000-user-group-accts.369324/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a secured (user-level security) Access 2000 database.

I created a User Group called "Admin User". More or less, this User Group has access to just about the entire database... Similiar to the "Admins" User Group that Access creates.

My question is how do I grant access to my "Admin User" Group so they can grant (or take away) access to the end-users (ie "User and Group Accounts)?

I know I can give the Users in my "Admin User" Group the "Admins" permissions (created by Access), but then they would be able to edit my permissions (the creator)... which I don't want.

A:Access 2000: User & Group Accounts

Any suggestions for this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2000-user-group-accounts.337253/
Relevancy 65.36%

I set up Office 2000 Pro on a W2K Pro/SP3 laptop for a user. The user will have this laptop offsite at a client's office. When I installed Office, I ran it from a network drive, chose the "Customize" option and told it to "Run All From My Computer." I have also applied SR-1 and SP3 for Office. Why does it still look for the installation source when a new user tries to start Word, Excel, etc? I assumed "Run All from My Computer" meant exactly that.

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a user with Win. 2000, logging into a domain, admin account on local policies. The problem occurs in no set pattern.

User will go to control panel or other functions, this is random also, and system will drop them off the domain, account will be locked out in the Server. I will have to unlock account and user can resume. This user is also configured as admin account on the server(Win 2000 Server). I have had to reset users password to allow them back onto the domain, after uncheck of account lockout. This occurs several times a week, on first login. Virus pattern files are up to date, scan shows no problem. This is the only case I have run into on this network.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-user-constant-account-lockout.159623/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a new user in MS small business server running exchange.

From the "Small business administrator console" I click on "Users" "Add user", I then get a "folder Add User not found warning"??. Can I go about setting up a user and exchange mail box in a different way or do I need to install the Add User folder?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michiba

A:New user MS 2000 small business server

Hi Replying to my own message but thought may assist others. When set up as a domain not a work group the user is set up in "Active Directory Sites Services Users and Computers" then add the user in the users section, I live and learn ( however slowly)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-ms-2000-small-business-server.402053/
Relevancy 65.36%

Running Office 2000 Pro. Today, I attempted to start Word, but after the opening screen, the program hangs. No toolbars, etc. I had read postings from this forum and did a few of the suggestions, including renaming normal.dot in hopes that Word would create another. That didn't happen.

What makes this issue a little different from other posts is the fact that the other user account (limited) can open Word with no problem. That's why I think my issue is associated within my application data.

I did a repair using the Office CD, but nothing changed. In the folder where the normal.dot resides, I see that Word makes a backup ~$normal.dot, even after the hang problem started.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone may have on this matter. -SA Jack

Relevancy 65.36%

Can I remove the Admin (not being used) and Guest (not being used). The reason being is that the end user is constantly confused when the system is turned on to which account they are in.

Is it possible to delete these two accounts? When I go into USERS I can't delete anything or even disable the accounts. Can I just remove the whole log in process and just have the computer go into the correct account??

A:Win 2000 Login Password and User Names

DO NOT delete the Administrator account. It needs to be there for many reasons. It's a system account.

You can enable autologon by following the directions in this article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310584

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-login-password-and-user-names.526973/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am sharing printers in win 2000 where there are 20 users connected to a hub. i can share the printer between the two computers, one has the printer connected to the lpt port as local and the other connects to it as a share. it asks me to enter the local computers username and password to connect to it and it works fine until i restart the computer trying to connect to the share. so every time the user that connects to the share logs in they are asked to enter the username/password of the host computer, how can i make log in automatically?

Relevancy 65.36%

Is there such a thing as a Power User on Win2k Server??

Thanks

A:Power User

Power User is for local accounts. There is not going to be a power users group for domain accounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-user.85738/
Relevancy 65.36%

if anyone here is able to help wat is the difference between a power user and a administrator I heard from someone that the diffrence power user is the capability of installing a programme but i could install all that i wanted to Also although i am researching on this myself currently wat are the processes known as TCServer CClaw Zlh keyboardsurrogate Jus to provide more information such that the solution is more likely to be correct i m currently using a tablet pc and the tablet pc has a function known as the input panel for us to press in keyboard digitally without having to type we onli need to use the pen to touch the screen When i started the process of keyboardsurrogator the panel popped out and now i am confused between wat is in my cpu a keylogger or a normal comes-with-it input panel I know this message is a little bit long but please anyone who knows can please help me Thank You very much

A:power user

It's a case of 'apples and oranges'. The term 'Power User' and 'Adminisrator' are not connected in any way so comparing them is pointless. A power user is simply a pc user who uses his pc for advanced and resource-intensive work like full-frame video-editing, 3D rendering etc. very much like a pro would use it. An 'Administrator' is one who has full access to all the features of a PC for maintenance purposes and he can decide what access other people are allowed to have. Someone could be both a 'power user' and an 'administrator', or just one of these.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16929/power-user/
Relevancy 64.93%

Microsoft Outlook 2000 generates error « Cannot start Microsoft Outlook” when you double click the ICON

when you right click icon and try to go to properties you get error “Not enough system memory or resources, close some windows, and try again. “
This is under Window NT 4.0 workstation.

The User account doesn’t work on any workstation but other user’saccount work on that workstation so It has to do with a USER issue and not the workstation.

Short of recreating All this User’s account and mail account anyone have any other suggestion or ran into this problem before.

Thanks Mingetty

A:outlook 2000 spesific user canot access it

Ummmmm......
Perhaps check the user's permissions and also make sure that nobody has been messing with the Policy Editor!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-spesific-user-canot-access-it.96089/
Relevancy 64.93%

When ever i restart my computer when i go to select a user it freezes after i click it

Whats wrong.

Is there anything i can do?

A:E-Machines feezes after i click on user on window 2000

My dad fixed it he had to put it in safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-machines-feezes-after-i-click-on-user-on-window-2000.614392/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an odd problem with Outlook 2000. I am running XP on my Dell Optiplex 8200 (Pentium 4 with lots of memory). Problem is - when I open Outlook, it takes several minutes to open. If I want to open an email, it takes just as long. And if I want to send a new email, or reply to one, - same delay.

Here's the odd part - NO ONE else on the computer experiences this delay. As long as they log in as one of the other 4 family users, Outlook runs at normal speed (i.e. opens right up; no delay in sending or replying etc.).

What's wrong and how do I fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-slow-for-only-one-user-the-rest-are-fast.596567/
Relevancy 64.93%

(reposted from Customization)

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392449-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392313-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Guys One of our staff to User Solved: Account - User Deleted Guest - File Type Changing PC has a problem the scenarios Specs Alias Names -Company Name Contoso -Staff PC under Domain Alpha -PC Name Contoso -PC -Local Users are administrators and john Solved: Changing User Account Type - User to Guest - File Deleted -User profiles gt operations contoso domain gt john local gt administrator local -MS Outlook connected to email protected Thursday IT remove uninstall chat messengers blocked linkedin facebook twitter youtube change User Account Type Local Staff John Doe from User to Guest I change the type from User Accounts gt Properties gt Group Membership gt Others gt Guest shutdown the system Friday turn on the PC and staff asks for the correct username provides the username Contoso -PC john staff login to his local account using his password Saturday staff called and his desktop files are gone and document files are gone IT check the Users folder there are particular folders john and john contoso -pc both folders empty outlook not connected account is totally FRESh IT check on webmail under Domain Alpha not working the usual password webmail contoso com owa after an hour the usual password works IT tried to connect MS outlook using email protected not working saying quot outlook pst is not offline file quot PROBLEM files are gone Totally FRESh account I don t know what happen guys please help the FIles are gone Hoping your best solution THanks nbsp

A:Solved: Changing User Account Type - User to Guest - File Deleted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-user-account-type-user-to-guest-file-deleted.1102921/
Relevancy 64.93%

On build I noticed a new Desktop Icon 'desktop' - solid yellow icon No need for that on the desktop so I put it in the Recycle Bin and to my amazement a popup appeared - quot This folder is too big to recycle do you want to permanently delete it quot after it compiled the size IF were to go ahead and do this - the Desktop clears out of folders a blank Desktop On build I noticed a new Desktop Icon 'my user name' I had no reason to go directly to that folder in C Users so I put it in the Recycle Bin and to my amazement it started to compile the size after that the popup would have appeared - quot This folder is too big to recycle do you Icon - Issue 10586 leads User User DELETION Folder deleted to want to permanently delete it quot IF were to 10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION go ahead and do this - the ENTIRE CURRENT USER FOLDER would be GONE I'm now running rs release - - which quot fixed it quot by requiring Administrator approval to 10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION continue Why is any Desktop Icon once deleted deleting any other file but itself System Restore wouldn't do any good for that GB of videos gone

A:10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION

Have not seen that on mine. Are you sure that no third party utility placed that icon, along with maybe third party Internet Security software.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37679-10586-issue-user-icon-deleted-leads-user-folder-deletion.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

A:Strange Defult Login User Prompt - Local Admin, Not Domain User

Quote: Originally Posted by Norwood

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

The above is a bit confusing. Is this computer joined to a work domain or is it not?

If this is a domain computer, the user will have to use the classic log on screen (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), not the Welcome Screen. If he wants to switch to logging in to the Local computer account and not the domain, he'll have to "Switch User" then log in with the format of Computername\User Name

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208916-strange-defult-login-user-prompt-local-admin-not-domain-user.html
Relevancy 64.93%

For security reasons Microsoft does not allow parents computer administrators to check on maintain adjust or otherwise enter their kids limited users XP profiles without either resetting their passwords or waiting for them to come home and being confrontational about it Ideally I would like to be able to log on to a limited user account from my administrator account without tampering with anyone s passwords-resetting them or Bypass or or Screensaver W/out Password Adjust User Find XP User Reset Limited otherwise Actually I have little interest in the step kids personal life and stuff Alternately perhaps you may help me with my ultimate goal limiting screensaver activity My Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver arrogant and belligerant teenage stepson likes to customize the family room to his tastes rather that leave it to the generic unbiased interest of the family in general Latest he has designed his quot my pictures quot screensaver somehow to override cmos settings to illustrate various pictures of himself for unlimited time rather than allow cmos or windows to shut off the monitor after periods of inactivity Typically he would prefer to be confrontational about it fight and argue over the issue stressing out his depressed mom in the process I do not want to fight-I just want my monitor to go off after a while of non-use and not be kept on by XP Sorry about all the disfunctional family issues I had to mention for background It is hard dealing with Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver an aggressive controlling kid Obviously most of the time the computer is left on his profile but I quot am not allowed quot to adjust the power settings when it is for some reason from his profile nbsp

A:Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver

looks like you have no choice in resetting passwords, who's house is it anyway???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-or-bypass-xp-limited-user-password-w-out-reset-or-adjust-user-screensaver.428368/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi! I did an new install of windows 7 (home first then upgraded to pro)
I want to hide a user by doing this on the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon \SpecialAccounts\ UserList ..then add dword32 by my username value to 0
I did this on my old laptop and it worked perfectly.

Now I've done the same thing on my new laptop. It works but stangely, the folder still appears in c\users.

The user is not visible in the panel control\users or at the start of the PC

I'm sure i've done the right thing, what is causing this? Could it be a bad install of windows? Please let me know if you have a idea!

Thank you very much for your help!

A:Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

If you log into that user it is going to have a user directory, regardless if you have the user hidden or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339572-hide-user-registry-stange-problem-user-still-appears-c-folder.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When I tried to log on to my computer, I'm getting this message saying, the user profile service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded. Please someone tell me how I can fix this problem. I tried rebooting my computer but that did not seem to work please help me:( thank you!

A:[SOLVED] I'm getting this message saying the user service failed the logon user profi

I had forgot to mention I have an hp windows 7 laptop!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-getting-this-message-saying-the-user-service-failed-the-logon-user-profi-951817.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am running on Windows 7 and I tried creating a new user. Every time I try to logon I get the error message User Logon Service service has failed.

I created the user under standard and admin and still no luck.

I found some answers but these are for corrupt user. I cannot even find my user name under regedit.

thanks

Joy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-created-error-message-user-logon-service-failed.1165290/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys i have sql server 2005 i installed before 2 days every thing is ok but when i
create user in security for all database then i click user mapping it hangs and frezes
and take more time and last not open after this error reporting of sql server display
then when i click to see message tell me found that there are error in two files
sqlwb.msdp and appcompat how i solve this proplem please help me
notes
user mapping found in
open ssms
click databases
security
new login
user mapping
thanks
----------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-2005-hangs-when-i-click-user-mapping-to-new-user-created.1051529/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I am using Teamviewer to remotely control my friend's computer and help him with tech problems, and I need to help him with a certain thing that will take a long time. He gets bored of me controlling the computer for so long, so I want him to be able to do something else on his computer while he waits. Can I control his computer in the background while he has a different window open so he can watch videos while I work on his computer?

And if not, is it possible to make a 'plugin' for teamviewer to do this?

I really need this feature, so thank you so much to anyone that can help me with this.

A:Solved: Teamviewer MultiTasking (Local User and Remote User Using At The Same Time)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-teamviewer-multitasking-local-user-and-remote-user-using-at-the-same-time.1107145/
Relevancy 64.5%
Relevancy 64.5%

an acount on my computer will not load. it says the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded. ive seen other questions like this and they said to make a new acount. i tried that multiple times and it says the same thing for each new acount that i make. the other 4 acounts are fine

A:the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded.

If your newly created accounts can't log on, then it is time to check for something else.

In case there is hard drive corruption, I would check the hard drive. Right click on Drive C and choose Properties, > Tools tab > Check Now. The machine will need to reboot for the check to begin. See if the check reports of any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-proflile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded.1117371/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi In A domain environment when wifi user a reseting connect cannot user directory from password to Active after i rest a user password from active directory users and user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings This issue is only affecting few users connection to company wifi network is authenticated through x so we manualy create a wifi profile for x At the dual login screen the new credentials we are using active directory credentials for wifi since it's x are entered First it user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory spits an error that unable to connect to wifi Then windows spits an error of invalid user name or password If we enter the old credentials at login in both wifi access and windows access we are able to login to Windows it logs in with Cached credentials but I it obviously is unable to connect to wifi network The user is a member of wifi group so he has access to wifi and he can access wifi through his iPhone Also another observation is that if I login with his Cached credentials and configure a wifi profile connection using his new reseted password password windows spits an error that cannot connect to the network So the core issue is that after reseting his password from active directory users and computers he cannot connect to wifi through windows The workaround that currently I do is i login with his Cached credentials to Windows and then i use my own credentials to configure wifi connection and ask him to login to Windows using his Cached credentials while he will be using my credentials for wifi access And for other systems that will be using credentials like email he uses new credentials Pretty crude solution Any way how to figure out what could go wrong Besides i have tried configuring a wifi connection profile on another users laptop using the affected user credentials I got same error that windows cannot connect you to wifi So the real issue is that after resetting the password of the user from aduc he cannot connect to wifi Any clue idea Windows is latest and updated We are using Microsoft forefront endpoint protection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-cannot-connect-to-wifi-after-reseting-a-user-password-from-active-directory-769826.html
Relevancy 64.5%

On windows professional -bit sp if a current user is screen locked the lock screen indicates the current user name and account is logged on and the computer is locked I am using Classic Logon in group policy and under local policy-security options-interactive logon i have it set to display username and account info the option with most information the problem i have is say a user is logged in and then I need to use the computer at that point the lock screen says so and so is logged in and locked I do a switch user log in and do my thing then log out Now the screen goes back to the base login screen saying 'ctrl-alt-del' not saying any user is currently logged in Now if that original user does log back in all his stuff is still here and everything acted like a basic screen lock happened so no problem there but what i want to happen is after a switch user logs out the screen goes back to the lock screen displaying who has the computer locked is there a way to do that thanks

A:Switch User then logoff, back to ctrl-alt-del login not previous user

At a guess, I'd say Classic Logon is the culprit here, as I do not have this issue with Windows 7 64-bit SP1 with the default login screen. Changing this is likely impractical next to the simple solution of ditching Classic Logon (It's an ancient artifact by now)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332214-switch-user-then-logoff-back-ctrl-alt-del-login-not-previous-user.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Am in a bit of a quandary here I am experimenting on a new Windows build and using a domain account I copied it to make a quot new quot default user folder Now when I try and The Login/User the User Prof. be loaded Failed cannot Profile Service login using a domain users account I get the following message The User Profile Service Failed the Login User Profile cannot be loaded I was able to logon using The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded a domain users account before I created a The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded new default user folder I did take an extra precaution by renaming the old default user folder and I thought I'd be The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded quot good quot by deleting the new default user folder - and renaming the old default user folder to what it was BUT I still get the error message I am doing this via RDP but the domain users account does have remote desktop access via the local security group remote desktop etc Anybody out there that can PLEASE help me out Adrian

A:The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded

rookie mistake (or lack of sleep ) I was naming the Default folder "Default User" !!! Yo soy idiot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214282-user-profile-service-failed-login-user-prof-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I've had a problem recently. I think it started after installing StyleXP to change my Windows visual style. I've since uninstalled StyleXP, but it has not resolved the problem.

My user picture that is usually at the top of the start menu is missing. In addition the green arrow icons and question mark icons in the User Accounts control panel are also missing (I just see red X's). I've tried changing my user picture in the control panel and it does not make a difference. I made sure to restore the default icons in StyleXP before uninstalling, but that didn't matter either.

I've since switched to Windowblinds and IconPackager. I've tried restoring default WinXP icons from IconPackager as well with no luck. Any ideas here? I'll upload some screenshots when I get back home, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

A:Missing user picture and icons in User Acct control panel

I've tried logging in under another user and I have the same problem. Here's a screenshot of the issue. Notice the red X's and the blank user picture box in the start menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-user-picture-and-icons-in-user-acct-control-panel.537248/
Relevancy 64.5%

I changed the values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList in order to move the default user locations to my second partition. I then created a new user profile but when I try to login I get the message 'The User Profile Service failed the login'. When I set these values back to normal, new accounts work fine but I really want my user accounts on the second partition.
What can I do about this?

A:'User Profile Service failed' when changing default user location

I have done this on another computer with success - perhaps I am missing a step out?
The string values (apart from programdata) were changed to E:\..... instead of %systemdrive%\.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-when-changing-default-user-location.992872/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I'm looking for a way to give a user admin permissions for his regular AD account on his computer Example he is logged on as a regular user but needs to install software I want to give him admin permissions until reboot or some other point in time after which he loses his permissions again and of to dynamically user user logonid give permissions admin group administrators to Adding has to ask again Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions I know giving admin access to users is a bad Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions idea and all but that's how it goes with quot whoami logonid quot I get an ID that I can add to the administrators group by code like this objUser ADSI quot WinNT id quot objGroup ADSI quot WinNT computer Administrators quot To my amazement this works now the user can enter his own credentials in a UAC box and get admin access After a reboot logon this ID changes so he would need to ask admin permissions again It's possible to ask the user for a motivation and log this and to also clean up the administrators group at a given interval or at boot as well as check if a user is allowed to elevate his rights on this computer Of course once a user has admin rights he can circumvent all this but that's something we have to live with What's most important is dat not just anyone can elevate his rights I'm looking for opinions on this way of working Anyone have experience with this mechanism Is it reliable and secure as far as giving admin rights to a user can be secure I may be missing something

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35ba1083-1de8-4ced-9567-20d19ce23fa6/adding-logonid-of-user-to-administrators-group-to-dynamically-give-user-admin-permissions?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 64.5%

I get the following error C:\User\user\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll wont run and it might be causing my computer to take about 30 minutes to boot up, possibly even longer.

Its booted now. I am following what you said in this post. http://m.techspot.com/community/topics/the-specified-modile-could-not-be-found.199777/

I am starting these steps now. As I dont have time to wait. http://www.techspot.com/community/t...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Now I get this error, which has actually been happening often lately. I thought I really had too many programs open but somethign else is up.(Runtime error program C there is not enough memory)

Running Mbam, still scanning 36 objects detected thus far wtf. Is this malware by anychance causing the adverts on my browser that has been appearing lately? I use Chrome.

Should I change all my passwords when done?

A:The following wont run causing major probs C:\User\user\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dl l

You might want to move this thread to the virus and malware subforum. Let one of the experts . Help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-following-wont-run-causing-major-probs-c-user-user-appdata-roaming-newnext-me-nengine-dll.200824/