Windows Support Forum

Dial up network properties won't display!

Q: Dial up network properties won't display!

When I go to my network connections and attempt to display the properties of my dial up modem properties(my default internet connection with MSN)...so that I can enable the firewall...nothing happens. Nothing. The computer doesn't hang, no error message pops up. It just doesn't respond. I have tried several times with this problem. Microsoft had me uninstall all of my network connections and then reinstall to see if that changed anything...but nothing. I had this issue once before but can't remember what I did to correct it.
I'm running Win XP on an AMD 850 Athlon PC Clone with 512MB RAM, with a 100GB HD.
If anyone has encountered this or can offer any help I'd be very grateful.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dial up network properties won't display!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dial up network properties won't display!

How are you access it? Have you tried within IE and selecting Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-network-properties-wont-display.72479/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi up problems Dial properties/status all I'm having some major headaches with XP at the moment mainly because the only way I can get online is using IE's dialer I was running XP Pro with Dial up properties/status problems the dial up working fine - I could access the connection properties thru network connections and clicking the connection Dial up properties/status problems icon in the taskbar would open the status screen just as it should However because of my mobo nvidia nforce onboard I had to install SP to get the USB working properly but now that SP is installed the only way I can get online is by opening IE and using the dialer that opens The xp dialer the one with the pic of laptops and a globe - i'm guessing thats xp's dialer doesn't open when i double click the connection file in network connections and when I do get online hovering the mouse over the icon in the taskbar just shows quot earthlink sent packets recieved packets Right clicking gives the disconnect status menu but nothing happens when clicking them The strange part for me is that it is only the dial-up connections that do this my LAN connection works as normal status screen properties etc I've searched around for days online but found nothing on this problem any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Herc

A:Dial up properties/status problems

Did you run "new connection wizard" initially?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dial-up-properties-status-problems-26170.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I m looking for a software program script to automatically dial redial dial up differrent dial-up network connections Overview My ISP has dial up numbers and I would like to find a program script that would automatically dial-up an Internet connection I have for my ISP and keep hanging up amp redialing my ISP until it reaches a preset speed for Network & redial, Software/Script Connections dial-up Automatically Need to dial or? example at least K- Then Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections if it can t make connection on that line at a predetermined speed I selected it would hang-up and automatically dial the next of the ISP s I have for the same ISP or a Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections different ISP and keep doing that with all phone numbers one after the other of course I would want it to do that over and over automatically until it finally reached a connection speed I preset for example K That way when I wake up I could start the program and let it run for an hour or however long it takes while I get ready until it was able to connect at target speed I preselected which could take a long while on my voice grade line The phone lines are lousy around here so I DESPERATELY need something like this Does anyone know of any software program or any way to jimmy-rig something fairly easily to do that the point of all this is to get as good of a dial up speed as I can get where I live on my voice grade phone lines here because there is NO Cable DSL where I live Thanks For Reading This and any help would be GREATLY appreciated I m not a Techie so I have no idea of how this could even be accomplished do you nbsp

A:Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections

Southquail
Welcome to TSG!

Please do not create multiple threads for for same question. It causes confusion and mistakes to happen. If you are not getting a response in a particular forum then click the report button and have the Moderators move it for you to another forum. You can also bump you question to the top of the stack by posting again to your thread.

Closing this duplicate.

Use this thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthrea...threadid=118556

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-software-script-or-to-automatically-dial-redial-dial-up-network-connections.118557/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m & Need to Network or? redial, Software/Script Automatically dial Connections dial-up looking for a software program script to automatically dial redial dial up differrent dial-up network connections Overview My ISP has dial up numbers and I would like to find a program script that would automatically dial-up an Internet connection I have for my ISP and keep hanging up amp redialing my ISP until it reaches a preset speed for example at least K- Then if it can t make connection on that line at a predetermined speed I selected it would hang-up and automatically dial the next of the ISP s I have for the same ISP or a different ISP and keep doing that with all phone numbers one after the other of course I would want it to do that Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections over and over automatically until it finally reached a connection speed Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections I preset for example K That way when I wake up I could start the program and let it run for an hour or however long it takes while I get ready until it was able to connect at target speed I preselected which could take a long while on my voice grade line The phone lines are lousy around here so I DESPERATELY need something like this Does anyone know of any software program or any way to jimmy-rig something fairly easily to do that the point of all this is to get as good of a dial up speed as I can get where I live on my voice grade phone lines here because there is NO Cable DSL where I live Thanks For Reading This and any help would be GREATLY appreciated I m not a Techie so I have no idea of how this could even be accomplished do you nbsp

A:Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections

southquail,
Dial up networks are a strange breed. But connection speeds aren't what you're looking for. In fact, you want to know what bandwidth you have. I've seen 28k connection with a good solid bandwidth. Check your numbers and find the one that gives you the best return. I don't know of any automated scripts like that, but some programmers here might be able to help. Keep in mind, that when you hit a jump station your connection drops, and your overall connection speed is decided by the weakest link between you and your telephone number you're calling. So changing numbers changes the direction of your signal. I hope a programmer jumps in and has an automated solution for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-software-script-or-to-automatically-dial-redial-dial-up-network-connections.118556/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello This issue already happened in Consumer Preview of Windows but after installing the Release Preview I still see this I have a WeTab GB tablet to run Windows After installing Windows CP I had to install Mobile Partner software in order to connect connect up 3G dial changed/no automatic connection properties to G After connecting once the connection showed up in the quot Networks quot part of the quot Settings quot charm Is was shown as a broadband connection Tapping it once enabled me to connect and check the box to connect automatically If I choose the quot Properties quot I was able to set it as a metered connection This all happened in the Metro UI 3G dial up connection properties changed/no automatic connect If I went to the quot Wireless quot tab of the quot PC Settings quot the connection was showing up as quot Mobile Broadband quot device For some reason I am not sure what changed at some point I don't see the connection in the quot Wireless quot tab of the quot PC settings quot anymore Next to that the icon in the quot Networks quot charm has changed it shows a phone Tapping it once only enables me to connect Tap and hold to view the connection properties sends me to the classic Windows desktop where a classic properties screen is being displayed I am not able to select to connect automatically I was hoping this would have changed after installing the Release Preview But after doing so and installing the Mobile Partner software it automatically included my settings So I still have this issue How can I change this back Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/6540-3g-dial-up-connection-properties-changed-no-automatic-connect.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My Dell Insipron 6400 laptop will not support multiple monitors. I think I may not have a key driver installed. Help!!

I have attached two separate images, screen shot of my device manager and display properties and a screen shot of the same image on my mothers PC. (which is also a Dell Inspiron 6400)

On my PC, In my device manager I can not view the display adapters (there must be something installed and I do not have visiblilty?? correct??)

Also, on my display properties I do not even have the option for Multiple monitor support. (these are the same PC's)

I inserted my Drivers and Utilities CD from Dell, but I did not see any driver on there that was applicable to a display adapter.

Am I on the right track???

Thanks

CoachKrav

A:Solved: Display Adapters - Display Properties - DualView - Multiple Monitor Support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-display-adapters-display-properties-dualview-multiple-monitor-support.938052/
Relevancy 55.47%

My dial- up connection does not appear in the network connections window. I am trying to disable the firewall in Windows XP to play an online video game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-does-not-appear-in-network-connectionsmy-dial.123885/
Relevancy 54.18%

Strange Strange Strange.
I have an HP desktop here and the internet works fine on broadband.
When I set it to Dial up it will not display a webpage.
I have done IE repairs, winsock fixes, replaced the modem, ran hijack this, malwarebytes, lsp fix, sfc /scannow and still web page will not display.
I even installed firefox and got same resuts.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

A:ie will not display with dial up but will display with ethernet

When you use dial up are you connected to the net? Run a ping test to google via name then ip address
So in a command prompt type in: ping google.com then do the same via ip ping 209.85.171.100
What did it return?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185357/ie-will-not-display-with-dial-up-but-will-display-with-ethernet/
Relevancy 52.89%

On the monitor display properties,
settings
800x600 pixels,higest 32 bit.
DISPLAY is at
Plug & Play monitor on NVIDIA GeForce
FX 5500

Now lately on start up Im getting
640x480 with lowest 4 bit.

I try to correct this by changing the properties back to the proper settings.

That doesnt seems to work,its still there.
So
I use the "GoBack" feature and reboot and its now corrected.

Sometimes for days or weeks it stays corrected but this AM it started at
960x600
highest 32 bit
I use the trouble shooting in that Display area but its not helping at all.

The monitor is a Dell flat screen 19"

A:Display properties

Try and re-installing your video card driver or checking to see if there is a update driver for it on the manufactures site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.544320/
Relevancy 52.89%

I would like to change the background on my desktop. A long time ago I was able to do this. Now I can't. When i open the display box and try to click on a back ground option or browse it won't let me. The box with all of the options in it is grayed out. I used to be able to go online and set the picture I wanted as my background but now it won't even do that. Could my digital camera software be causing this problem. it is a Kodak Easy share. If it isn't what could the problem be? I have already checked to make sure that I have administrative care. Please help, I get tired of looking at a solid background.

A:My display properties

Welcome to TSG ...

Have a look at Post #6
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/423957-cannot-change-desktop-wallpaper.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-display-properties.616289/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I right click on the desktop and go to properties I get this:
Image reloaded by moderator.
I have no properties tabs. What is going on? How do I fix this? I want to change my screen saver and background. Any ideas?

A:Display properties, where are they?

I don't see any picture in your post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-where-are-they-11659.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Im not sure what i have ive run both anti-virus and Display Properties super anti-spyware both have come back clean but something has jacked my display properties the tabs for background picture and screensaver are now missing and the picture is missing off my desktop in addition there is a screensaver program that starts up and keeps run blue screens with false problems about how windows had an error and needed to shut down im including a copy of my highjack this report incase someone see something ive missed Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Display Properties v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader readericon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Money Plus MNYCoreFiles mnybbsvc exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C Program Files Windows Live Mail wlmail exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader readericon exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MoneyBackgoundBanking quot C Program Files Microsoft Money Plus MNYCoreFiles mnybbsvc exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User Default user O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dll O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - Protocol bwfile- - A - B - BC- C -C B B B B - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program GAPlugProtocol- dll O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dll O - Service Eset HTTP Server EhttpSrv - Unknown owner - C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus EHttpSrv exe O - Service Eset Service ekrn - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe O - Service Logitech Bluetooth Service LBTServ - Logitech Inc - C Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSer... Read more

A:Display Properties

you need to read stickies and post here;
http://forums.techguy.org/54-malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.733732/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I ve recently had a hard drive crash so I purchased a new one and did a fresh install of Windows XP SP home edition on a Fujitsu C laptop w P GHz ATI Radion IGP M After No At Properties All Display installation I went to change the display settings and right clicking on the desktop wouldn t produce any display properties I went to the control panel and double clicked the display icon and it doesn t produce any results at all either I get a hour glass for about a half a seconded No Display Properties At All and then nothing I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video adapter and I ve even removed the video card from the device manager and reinstalled drivers but it hasn t helped I have checked all registry entries pertaining to the display and I ve found no restrictions I have ran sfc scannow system file checker and it did ask me for the windows cd and it replaced a few files that didn t help my problem Since I m running a ATI video card I can change the resolution with catalyst control center but I m stuck without the normal options of Themes Desktop Screen Saver Appearance Settings Any help would be appreciated

A:No Display Properties At All

Try this registry edit (backup your registry before doing this!!!) Go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #285The first item in the right hand column will say "Restore All Display Tabs"Right click on it and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" Save it to and ensure it has the .reg extensionThen double click on it and answer Yes when it asks you for permission to merge it into your registry.Then see if it has worked. If not, then reboot the system to see if it'll work then.Here's a direct link to the page with the code:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits...displaytabs.reg

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171013/no-display-properties-at-all/
Relevancy 52.89%

Display properties will not hold. Every time I start up or reboot I have to go int Display Properties to reset to the Theme I saved my settings in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.562000/
Relevancy 52.89%

For some reason best known to Bill, my display properties function has "lost' its "Desktop", Screen Saver", "Appearance" and "Settings" tabs. All I get is the "Themes" tab.

Any clues?

Thanks

A:XP Display Properties

Run the attached reg file, and restart (unzip first)

Test and reply back if it worked (I'd say Yes)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-display-properties.106579/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just noticed this today and have never had any problem with this before nor have I ever heard of this happening before but when I open my Display Properties and move to the Desktop tab and choose Browse to choose a picture to set as my background after I have selected Open and the box closes the Apply button is unavailable and the image I chose does not appear in my list or in the preview I ve also taken notice that certain images that were once in the list of available backgrounds images such as Ascent Autumn and Azul no longer appear to be available Right clicking on an image and choosing Set as desktop background does not work and neither does choosing the same option from the Picture Tasks Does anybody have any idea what Display Properties has happened and how I can restore whatever settings I may have changed without applying a system restore Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

ok when i right click and select properties. it will pop up the theme menu but all the tabs aree gone(see attached screenshot) and i am trying to change my resolution and color settings. It's been doing this since I installed SP2 because in the beginning it was stuck in 4-bit color with the onboard. i installed a pci video cad and now it displays ok.but the resolution isn't as high as i want it and i cant change the color settings higher like i wantewd either. I used to be able to get into it thru the help and support on the start menu but now that isn't working either .I'm running a dell dimension 2300 with XP pro SP2, and i did not have this problem before SP 2. So please Help guys

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a HP 533w Pavilion, XP....On the "Display Properties" it gives me 2 choices, 800 by 600 and 1024 by 768... Have at one time had as many as 10-12 choices, until I shut the computer down. Then it went back to 2 choices. Have reset, restore the unit several times, from viruses or lockup's problems. Tried download updated files, but nothing gets me out of just having those 2 choices.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks, Bill

Relevancy 52.89%

i am missing te display tab and the web tab in my display properties when i right click on my blank desktop. i've posted this problem with no real help.

Relevancy 52.89%

In windows XP if you have pictures in the My Pictures file in My Documents, they show up in the desktop tab in Display Properties. Is there a way to change this??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-37583.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i just reinstalled winxp pro and i cannot get it 2 let me change the screen resolution settings it is staying at 16 bit,,what do i need to do,,also it did not reload a lot of my drivers??

Relevancy 52.89%

Good Morning I am having a problem displaying my display properties I have tried to get at them through the control panel and by right clicking on the desktop The first time I try there is a pause and occasionally I see a flash of the window and then nothing I can t change my screensaver resolution etc without this Here is my HJT file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Display Properties lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Display Properties Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cfc forces gc ca spotnews e html O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - Global Startup Google Updater lnk C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Pr... Read more

You may want to try this. Click start \ Run and type in: sfc /scannow This will search your system and replace any damaged protected files. You may need your Windows XP CD in this process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.593161/
Relevancy 52.89%

Dell XPS 410, Win XP Pro. I did a repair install. Every thing appear normal except: I can not change my desktop backgroungfrom bliss to anything. The Background, Browse, and Position buttons are very light gray, the color and customize desktop work ok. The background pictures titles look OK, but no response when I try to change. I checked GPEdit, everything is "not configured", I tried changing the prevent changing wallpaper setting but did work. Is there way that I can correct this problem without doing a complete reinstall of win XP?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

This is probably a very stupid problem...

Basically, I tried to show my parents some photos on the TV through my laptop ( Toshiba Qosmio G10 - Win XP MCE 2005).

And it worked.

But the resolution was too fine, so I decided to tinker with the settings n both display properties and on the GeForce's own utility. (Graphics: Nvidia GeForce FX Go5700) Then the image on the TV just fanished after I pressed one setting or another. Is there anyway, to reset the properties on Display Properties or the Nvidia Utililty.

That way, (as a student) I can still continue to use my laptop for my presentations at uni.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Warren

A:Display Properties.

I don't think there is a restore default button for display properties through windows. If you go to NVidia propeties there may be one. Another option is to go into the hardware manager and uninstal the video card. Reboot and reinstall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-96849.html
Relevancy 52.89%

my pc power sutdown value was entered at 5 minutes in display properties and applied, yet the moniter will not shutdown. please advise

A:display properties

The desktop has to be untouched for 5 minutes more than only the monitor will turn off Means it will give no display but physically your monitor will be turned on. Depends on the settings of your monitor it will go to standby but won't turn off your monitor. In order to turn off your monitor you have to phsically switch off the monitor.

This function is to save the power only. When the screen is idle for a long time (5 minutes) it will go to standby.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-485184.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday computer was fine. Today it has the display set at 4 bit and the lowest setting. I've tried rebooting, disconnecting the monitor, unplugging the power, changing the display to 32bit (which just resets itself to 4bit), running antivirus, doing troubleshooting etc. Nothing is working. It is still 4 bit. Any ideas?

Open device manager, I'm sure there should be one yellow warning sign next to your display adapter. You need to install your graphics drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-259663.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I need some help trying to locate a particular control option for my Desktop Appearance ... Help Display Properties I currently am using a custom desktop image made up from a x bmp On my desktop I have many custom folders That are in appearance the default Manila color folders I m running a quot monitor and I have at least folders My custom desktop image at present is a simple solid dark Green color It works great for my old eyes for reading the text name of the folders The Folder name text is in the standard White The White against the dark green works great I m almost to the part where I need the Display Properties Help ... help Ya still with me As it is at the moment I have the text appearing in a box The box in this case is colored the same as the background so it appears that the text is just superimposed over the dark green I want to change the shade of my Drak Green a little bit and thats easy enough to do My problem is I want the Display Properties Help ... text to appear white as it is now but without the silly box If you follow me I want the folder names to just exist in white and be kinda free floating I don t want the name text in a colored box I can not for the life of me find where I Display Properties Help ... can select this option In other words what I m trying to do is have the box that contains the folder name text to be translucent or clear That way I can freely change the background color shade without having to setup a color for the text box I ve been their and have seen these options before several years back now I can t seem to find the option I m looking for If I remember correctly I was in the Display Properties I get there by right clicking on my desktop and select properties Up pops my Display Properties Which should be the same as with any XP Home system I suppose Across the top the tabs are Themes Desktop Screen Saver Appearance and Settings I think somewhere in here is where you can set up the parts I need The color of the Text folder name and the color of the text background the box However as stated this time I want to set the box color as none or clear or whatever the option is for me to not have any particular color surrounding the Folder Name Text If My background is dark blue All I want is a white text for the folder names I dont want the color box to surround the text Now I m finished trying to explain my wants I m very sorry for the fact that I couldn t do a better shorter job of it If someone could help point out to me where I find the options I need it would be just great I want to cause that Text box to disappear Or become translucent Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Display Properties Help ...

Open System Properties in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-help.693610/
Relevancy 52.89%

My display properties bar Display Properties. has dissapeared When i right click the desktop and click properties it only shows themes The other tabs such as wallpapers is not there My hijack-this log is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Display Properties. p m on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Display Properties. Internet Explorer v Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe Display Properties. D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe D WINDOWS System ctfmon exe D Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe D Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D WINDOWS system rundll exe C Downloads hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co nz O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - D PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - D WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - D PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot D Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck D WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot D Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE D WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot D Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - D Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - D Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - D PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - D PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsClient cab cab O - DPF F BF D - B A- A -BF B-F AF Solitaire Showdown Class - http messenger zone msn com binary SolitaireShowdown cab cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip E F -F DE- E -B -C BA BE NameServer O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot D PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot file missing O - AppInit DLLs MsgPlusLoader dll nbsp

A:Display Properties.

Try clicking desktop after right clicking the desktop.
Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

you don't appear to have a firewall, even if you have a router you still need
a software frewall, downlaod the one from the link below!
Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Edition
http://www.filseclab.com/eng/download/downloads.htm
use this site to confgure filseclab , see page 7 and post 165 of that thread!

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=92710
Use this site's shields up to test filseclab and see if it is stealthing, some rules may have to be changed to " out " to pass the tests!
http://grc.com/

Also downlaod this anti virus programme, install it and update it and run a scan!
Anti-vir

http://www.free-av.com/

* Click here to download ATF Cleaner by Atribune and save it to your desktop.

http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
* Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
* Under Main choose: Select All
* Click the Empty Selected button.
o If you use Firefox:
+ Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
+ Click the Empty Selected button.
+ NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
o If you use Opera:
+ Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
+ Click the Empty Selected button.
+ NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
* Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

When the scan is finished, anything that it cannot clean have it delete it.
Make a note of the file location of anything that cannot be deleted so you
can delete it yourself.
- Save the results from the scan!

post another hijack this log, the smitfraud and active scan logs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.464675/
Relevancy 52.89%

Am having a problem with Display Properties in WinXP-2. During the first 5 minutes after boot-up, screen resolution on my desk top is unstable with icon and window sizes changing from large to small and vice-versa. Resetting the Display Properties during this time has no effect. When the system warms up the problem is gone. Can the Monitor itself be the problem, or is it most likely the Video Card ? I don't have another monitor to use as a test unit. Please advise. Thk-U

Try re-seating the Video card if it is not intergrated one....and blow out the slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.456644/
Relevancy 52.89%

Can't change the display properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.
Could you explain a bit more what you mean and what you are trying to do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-220347.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Is there a way I can save pictures in the desktop tab in "Display Properties"?

Are you talking about the Wallpaper (desktop background)?

If so, then yes, I believe there are two folders where you can place them:

C:\WINDOWS
and
My Documents\My Pictures

If you save it in the Windows folder then the pictures have to be saved in .bmp format

If you save it in the My Pictures folder then it can be saved as either .jpg or .bmp format

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-190822.html
Relevancy 52.89%

when i re-installed windows xp i noticed the color was not correct so i went under display properties and saw the color quality was 4 bit instead of 32 i also could not move the screen resolution arrow and the screen and its contents are large so i can't make them smaller what happened and how can i fix it i looked at driver tab it states this driver is working properly

When you reinstall XP it begins using a generic driver that ships with XP. You will need to determine what type of graphics card you have in your system, go to that manufacturers website and download the appropriate driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-388352.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I click on the desktop icon I do not get "display properties ", in the box,
only "properties". I need to adjust my screen resolution. How can I fix this?

Change your screen resolution

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-properties-647564.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running XP Home, SP2, all updates complete.

In display properties, I have themes set to Windows XP. Under Windows and Buttons I only have the Windows Classic style available. This changed only since latest Windows Update (yesterday). Tried to restore to earlier date, no results. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tried to restore to earlier date, no results.You mean you did a System restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27616/display-properties/
Relevancy 52.89%

what should my settings be i am running windows xp they are set to 800/600 32 bit. is this ok or can i do better for loading the computer

It depends on how much stuff you want to see at a time and the resolution the monitor you have can support I'd recommend 1024X768 16/32 bit color.

If you wanted it faster change the 32 to 16 bit it will not be noticeable but it will probably run a very very small fraction of a second faster.

If your using an older monitor from about anywhere from '98 back to when VGA was first made then the current resolution is good for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-155636.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I clicked on display-properties-settings and switched from plug and play to default. I also checked the box that says use this device as the primary monitor and then clicked on apply and now its black , i can see the start button on bottom of screen and rebooted three times, i disconnected the monitor cable and tried to connect to different output on video cards no luck, i have no use of the mouse now after second reboot and cant get to system restore to back up a day and erase this foolish error. I hope someone has an idea of what i should try next,,my system has dual video cards and is only a month old i was just fooling around like an idiot and now im stuck>>.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-display-properties.510173/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a dual monitor setup on my Windows XP. To replace a monitor, I moved everything to 1 monitor and checked it as the primary monitor and unchecked "extend my desktop" for both monitors. The second monitor went black - as expected.

I replaced the monitor and now want to switch back to my dual monitor mode. However, when I right-click>properties, the display properties are not displaying on my primary monitor.

How do I get them onto the viewing monitor if I can't see it?

A:Where's my Display Properties

If you give us the specs of your syst. video card and such. some one might be able to help you. I use a NVIDIA video card, I can go to the Control Panel, and Display Settings then, Advanced, then to my video card, and set it there but it will be different in different video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wheres-my-display-properties.76498/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi a short while ago I had to replace my graphics card GT Can't display get into properties and ended up replacing it with an MSI HD my problem is now that the card is in and working if I right click on the desktop and choose properties the display options screen doesn t open I can t get into it through Control Panel either I thought it was maybe off screen if the desktop was extended but it doesn t appear in task manager either There is a slight problem with drivers atm but not sure if it is connected when I boot into XP I get a dialogue box saying quot fail to load nvcpl dll quot as a result I have run driver sweeper in safe mode to remove nvidia display drivers and reinstalled the ATI ones Can't get into display properties - no change I have tried uninstalling the ATI Catalyst software as I thought that may be getting in the road somehow but no change The most annoying thing is that I normally don t have a screensaver on as I don t leave my monitor on when I m not using it but had for a particular night set a screensaver to whatever the lowest time interval is so now I can t change that if anyone has any suggestions I will be all ears edit just noticed if I have no browser windows open then for a split second I can see part of a window open when I try to get into display properties then it vanishes nbsp

A:Can't get into display properties

That appears to a driver install issue. That could be caused by a defect in the drive itself.
Have you tried going into the Device Manager and removing or disabling what you have, then rebooting and trying a new install... or going back to the previous driver on their website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-display-properties.136101/
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows Xp

To Use The Active Desktop Feature In Windows Xp I Usually:-

1. Go To Display Properties
2.click The Desktop Tab
3. Click Customise Desktop
4 Click The Web Tab

However The Web Tab Has Misteriously Disappeared And I Cannot Think Of Any Changes I Have Made To The System.

Any Ideas From Any Member Please

Flynne

A:Web Tab Display Properties

can be relared to spyware scan your system and check for that all system files are ok

do start run type SFC /scannow after do SFC /purgecache you most have the windows xp cd for this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-tab-display-properties.257924/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I go to display properties, appearance... I can't change the effects. When I click on it, it does nothing. Any ideas?

A:Display properties?

Try signing on as an administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties.213701/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

I first noticed that I lost my display properties a while ago and it didn't really botehr me until I played a DVD and it alterered my resolution and it didn't return back.

I recently used your advice to rid my computer of PSGUARD, using the simtrem download and it was finally removed permantly.

However now I noticed that the Start screen, toolbar and control panel windows that used to appear blue are now white. An since I cant get into my display properties I cant change these back either.

I cant help but think this was caused by something removed when removing the PSGUARD in the registry. How can I restore my Windows XP to the normal settings and be able to change them as before?

LBP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-display-properties.421529/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I right click my desktop and go to properties nothing will display. The mouse cursor changes to loading for a split second and then nothing happens. The same problems occurs when I go through the control panel. I have AVG anti-virus, McAfee Personal Firewall, ad-aware, and xoftspySE installed and updated. I can still use the nvidia control panel to change some settings, but I would like to fix this issue. I have tried using older display drivers, but nothing changed. Any help would be great.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i display change properties. I can't my am new to these forums and am hoping that someone can help me i cant change my display settings I log on enter the control panel and open up personalisation but I cant open the 'display settings' option when I click it an error message pops up and says 'C Windows system rundll exe windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item ' It is the same for Theme Desktop background Windows colour and appearance screensaver and some other stuff in the control panel I personally think I've changed or removed something I can't change my display properties. in the registry or have malware or something like that it could just be what it says although im not sure I'm not very good with technical computer stuff so could you explain it carefully for me It's annoying because I left it in bit while I recorded something then this happened Also I've tried running the computer in safe mode its the same problem then I logged onto the other administrators login and it worked problem was I couldnt change my settings from that login only theirs So please someone help ive been looking on the internet for about days straight and have accomplished nothing I'm running Vista home premium bit with service pack Thanks in advance- Keanine

A:I can't change my display properties.

fixed it after 100 days lol, made a new user and copied my stuff. got a new laptop now anyways

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/284328-i-cant-change-my-display-properties.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have color problems.
Windows 98 Second Edition 64.0MB Ram
Display: 800x600 pixels / High Color 16-Bit
Plug and Play Monitor on 3dfx Voodoo3 with Dx7.0 Support

When attempting to change my FONT COLORS in AIM (Aol Instant Messenger--for chat or composing emails, etc) and I click on the Font Color and my BASIC FONT colors pop up. When I chose a color that appears on my BASIC colors box, then apply, the actual color is NOT the same as the color I've chosen once I apply it.

The colors are fine when I apply them to my Display Properties Appearance tab.

For example in AOL, when I click on a pink color box, it shows up as a dark purple or brownish color. Orange shows up as a yellow-ish color, very hard to read.

Any advice on how to fix this? Thank you!

A:Color Display Properties and AOL

The thing about AOL is that it's not Windows friendly. There has always been problems with the two.

The only suggestion I can think of is update the drivers for the Video card and get the latest version of AOL IM.

As you might know 3DFX is no longer around. NVIDIA took control of the company. You may find drivers at www.3dfx.com but you will more likely find them at www.nvidia.com.

If it's AIM that has the problem only, then I suggest updating or re-installing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-display-properties-and-aol.93648/
Relevancy 52.46%

what do I need to do?
the screen blackens then defaults to low or med.
I go into the settings to restore to high.
I scanned for viruses-none.
do not know why this happens.
help!

A:Display properties-settings

by low or med i am guessing your color depth?
256=low 16-bit=med 32bit=high?
or are you talking about the resolution?

what kind of video card do you have?
how old is it?
how recently have you updated the drivers for it?
how recently have you updated directx?

--rex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6572/display-properties-settings/
Relevancy 52.46%

Well this is my first post here so thanks in advance for those who help me out. My girl is having problems with changing her Display Properties. First the PIXELS wont change and it doesnt let her change them. I think it may have to do with the drivers or maybe she needs a new graphics card. Id appreciate some advice, Thank You.

A:Display Properties Problem

Hi and welcome

Yes, it does sound like her drivers. She could try reinstalling them, or checking the manufacturer's website for possible updated drivers for her video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-problem.485583/
Relevancy 52.46%

i restarted my computer and now it will not let me change my settings from 640 x 480 pixels screen resolution. it will also not let me change out of 4 bit color quality

A:windows xp display properties

Bobby15652 said:

i restarted my computer and now it will not let me change my settings from 640 x 480 pixels screen resolution. it will also not let me change out of 4 bit color qualityClick to expand...

What Video card are you using, and you just rebooted your PC and this happened? Also when you try and make the change will it not let you make the selection or will it let you and nothing happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-display-properties.422196/
Relevancy 52.46%

when i go into display properties desktop i'm not able to change the back ground picture. i understand it may be a spy ware problem. how can i fix this issue. i have gone to the currentversion/system file and all i see is (Default) Reg_SZ (value not set)

A:display properties desktop

Is anything greyed-out in the Background area of Display Properties? Is the position set to stretch, center or tiled?
Do you have Anti-virus/Anti-spyware applications installed? I would scan with these, but before scanning make sure you have updated them. BTW, please give us your computer specifications (e.g. make/model of mobo, cpu, ram, etc.) be as precise as possible. DO NOT try fixing anything in the Registry unless you have experience in this area, you could wind up with greater problems than you're experiencing now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-desktop-282067.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Awhile back when my computer was going cuckoo ( i think because my daughter went on that stupid kazaa infectious website!!!) Somehow pictures from a folder that had nothing to do with screensavers or wallpaper suddenly appeared as choices. Well i couldnt figure out how they got into that d.p. tab much less delete them but somehow i stumbled across a way to disable so no one could change it. well needless to say can't figure out how to enable it and was wondering how to fix it. Please help you guys are great!!!!

A:display properties TABS where did they go?

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=368087

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-tabs-where-did-they-go.375800/
Relevancy 52.46%

when i open my display properties, i don't see any tabs at the top..how could this be?

A:Display Properties Error

Run this program:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

Look under the display options and uncheck all the things that are checked. If they are not checked, "toggle" them (that is, check them, close the program, open the program, uncheck them, and then close the program).

If this happened out of the blue without your changing any security settings deliberately, you probably have malware. Post a HijackThis log in the Security forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-error.387684/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there, i have an xp machine and remember having more options in display properties. i now only have 'Screen Saver' and 'settings' tabs when i know i used to have more like desktop background - i dont know if this is because i cleared my machine a while ago and deleted some stuff accidetly or whether it was i virus i had before that all i know is that and my desktop items are no longer there (don't know if its linked but dont use desktop items anyway). Any help is much appreciated
Thanks

A:Display Properties problems

Your display settings are determined by your video card and the card drivers.

Perhaps you could tell us what card you are using and the driver version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-problems.481218/
Relevancy 52.46%

I've tried to get my display properties open through every means i know. And the best the computer will do is change the cursor to the thinking symbol before stopping again!
Apologies if this has been posted before but it's driving me crazy and I can't see it anywhere else.

I've tried turning my firewalls off.
Stopping all timed tasks.
Pressing Ctrl whilst clicking the display logo.
Checking for viruses and spyware again and again.

Anybody experienced this or knows how to fix it that would be fantastic.

A:Display properties won't open

If it helps any I don't remember it happening before I installed SP2.

Perhaps there are known issues with this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-wont-open-37174.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have just run MalwareBytes for the first time, and it came up with one warning, Hijack.DisplayProperties (screenshot below).
I wanted to check what it meant before blindly removing it. After some searches, the only information I could find was that it was somehow related to 64-bit Windows Vista.
Is this correct, and/or is it anything to worry about. The PC is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64.

A:Hijack.Display Properties

It's nothing to worry about. Just a simple registry edit from a 1 to a zero, you can go ahead and change it yourself from the specified reg key manually, or let mbam do it by "remove it". Just a false positive with mbam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/46826-hijack-display-properties.html
Relevancy 52.46%

What a great website I've learned so much just from reading I am not able to right click on computer and then system properties when I do it the screen displays for a second and disappears I've tried unsuccessfully for the last several days to resolve this various scans I tried to go back to an earlier restore point and they have all gone except for onces from days ago very odd I am not sure when this problem occurred either My IE is also giving me fits it will not allow me will display System Properties not to certain regular sites like Yahoo and it just hangs and does nothing I have disabled it and gone to Mozilla but then my outlook will not access hyperlinks etc So I reactivated it and I am using Mozilla as my regular browser until I can resolve all these issues Probably not the best written thread here but I wanted to give all the facts I could to get help Thanks all in advance PS - I did run the sfc scannow and no errors were found

A:System Properties will not display

Please fill in your system specs completely including your security programs.
Do you have or have you ever used IOBit Advanced System Care?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330743-system-properties-will-not-display.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have two problems at the moment. I am using windows XP on my laptop. I am unable to change the background on my Desktop and staays on NONE whatever I click and cannot add pics to it either.
Also I cannot download DirectX 9.0 either from a games disc or the internet any suggestions please would be very welcome

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there this is my first post This problem has been persistent Display Properties gt Appearance I have no Windows XP Style Now I have figured out how to get it back but I have to do it everytime I restart I have a shortcut on my desktop to Luna I simply double-click and Display Properties Problems bring it back which actually greys out Classic Style My Display Properties go a little deeper Display Properties gt NO THEMES TAB I ve tried just about every pertinent line edit xp tweak in Kelly s Corner to no avail This problem has been going on for quite some time with no light at the end of the tunnel I used to run Window Blinds along with many others of the Stardock suite to have the ability to change cursors appearance theme but have since uninsstalled all Stardock that was a real pain I just want to get my Themes Tab back and my Styles easily accessible so that I can change appearance when I want to My system Gateway R Pentium GHz GB RAM Windows XP Home SP Version nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-problems.566486/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I try to get into the properties from either the control panel or by right clicking on the desktop it seems to think for a couple seconds and then nothing happens. I can't get the properties dialogue box to open and therefore can't change screensavers, display properties, backgrounds, etc.

Any ideas?

A:Display Properties absent

It's been almost 24 hrs now and there have been a few who have read my problem but nobody offered any hints as to what the problem could be. Please let there be someone out there who has seen/had this problem and knows how to fix it. I'm tired of the same old screensaver and background! Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-absent.562579/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I run Windows XP Home on my laptop. I have my computers display properties->Appearanceset to Windows Classic Style for better performance. Well, one day I turn my computer on, and the taskbar looks like it was set to the Windows XP Style of display (you know, looks nicer, shiny). Now, the last thing I did before I had shut the computer down before this was install an old copy of Microsoft Word 97. The appearance change did not affect anything, I just switched it back, but it is a little wierd for something like that to happen without me physically changing the settings I think. I am the only person who uses this computer so can someone tell me:
1. How could the setting of changed by itself?
2. Could this be linked to a big problem, or was it some kind of glitch?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

A:Display Properties Problem

The installation of Word 97 would have changed some of your registry entries..
And, it may, or may not affect it. But, since this is still recent, then, try a couple of
experiments. Uninstall it (Word 97) and see if that changes things. If not, do a system restore to before you installed it. Might narrow down this as the problem..
And, it could be a glitch...I've seen power fluctuations change computers..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-problem.462974/
Relevancy 52.46%

This is odd but it's not the first time I've seen this: Under Display Properties, Appearance, when I open the drop down menu for Windows and Buttons, there is no choice for Windows XP—only Classic. And I prefer XP. Do you think someone deleted these files or what?

A:Display Properties in XPHE

I just ran a search for .theme files and XP is not on the machine—only Classic and modified themes if that tells anyone anything helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-in-xphe.531875/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I have a problem with a PC that was severely infected by Spy Mal amp Virus's I have since removed these but am left with one last problem Insteadd of explaining it in detail follow this link Hijacked Display Properties as it explains what has been done so far Budapest has been helping me and suggested I come here and speak Properties Display Hijacked to you guys I will add my HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System Hijacked Display Properties smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA DIRECWAY bin dpcproxy exeC WINDOWS system lxddcoms exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Common Files MicroWorld Agent MWASER EXEC Program Files Common Files MicroWorld Agent MWAgent exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DIRECWAY BIN dpcstart exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext https www asx com au asx myasx login doR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run MP EnsureFileVer C WINDOWS inf unregmp exe EnsureFileVersionsO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - Global Startup Dpcstart lnk C Program Files DIRECWAY BIN dpcstart exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dllO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F - B- BE - A-C EA FF Domain telstra comO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F - B- BE - A-C ... Read more

A:Hijacked Display Properties

Any help with this would be greatly appriciated!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176981/hijacked-display-properties/
Relevancy 52.46%

I need a little help if possible When I right click the desktop and bring up display properties and try to change the desktop theme Display properties error! I am getting an error Display properties error! after hitting apply I get the screen that pops up that says please wait Then a data execution prevention window pops up It reads quot To protect your computer Windows has closed this program Name Run a DLL as an App publisher Microsoft Corporation I then click on close message then another window pops up that says quot Run DLL as an APP has encountered a problem and needs to close Then it asks if I want to send an error report When I click no the window closes I have sent the rror report and do not continue each time this pops up No other themes other than Win XP Windows Classic and Microsoft Plus which has Aquarium Space DaVinci and Nature are installed The same thing happens when I try to change colors under display properties I can change wallpaper without an issue I would appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

In the display properties /desktop, all my pictures have collected itself (6000). Normally I would use the to browse connection they are now all in there. How do I remove them, it won't respond to anything I have tried. I would like to delete them but there is no response from that action either. Please Help me remove the pictures, it slows down my computer.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone!

My first time here and I need help!
I checked the "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" box in display properties under settings tab.
The next time I rebooted everything disappeared, and the screen went blank.
I rebooted again into VGA mode, and was able to log in.
Now the box where I checked "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" is gone.
I want to uncheck it, so that I can have normal logins again.
I went into Control Panel/Display/Settings and I couldn't find the option again.
My resolution is now set at 640 x 480 with 8 bit color quality and everytime i try to change it my screen goes blank!
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

using:Windows XP Service Pack 2

Relevancy 52.46%

I need to remove the ability of user's being able to play with display properties. Any help would be great. If they can only see the properties but not change them that's fine. Anything that works, right!?

A:Remove display properties from W2K...

You can use group Policy to take care of that. go to your run line and type in "gpedit.msc" you should be able to take it from there. If you have quesiton drop me a line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-display-properties-from-w2k.47155/
Relevancy 52.46%

When restarting my PC my monitor wouldn't always start up again. I finally got fed up, took it in to a shop, video card was defective. I had it replaced with a Celestica Radeon 9200. They called me from the shop, said the computer was ready, but that the display was all messed up. I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal to fix, so I took it home. The resolution options are available as a tray icon so that was no problem. But, when I go into display properties, I have no tabs - no desktop, screensaver, bappearance, or settings - all I have is themes. Is this because my old video card messed up Windows (XP Pro)? Everything else seems to be running properly. No viruses, adware or spyware. Is there a registry edit to get these tabs back?

Relevancy 52.46%

When I right click on the screen and select "Properties" I only get the theme option.
All my tabs have disappeared. I went to Kellys Corner and downloaded the reg file to display all tabs, but still nothing.
I can't change my screen saver or background or any properties.

Any ideas on how to get the tabs back?

Tricky

A:Display Properties Tabs Are Gone

Are your graphic card drivers conflicting? Check under my computer hardware and look for your yellow exclamation marks.try to do a repair with sfc/scannow and have your XP disc ready since it will need to copy those files from the disc. Here is an excellent tutorial on that subject.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79672/display-properties-tabs-are-gone/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello:

When I go to the Display Properties under the Settings tab I cannot increase the pixels. I am not able to drag the slider and cannot change the colors to 256. It is set to 16 bit. This is on a PC installed with Windows ME (Millennium).

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Relevancy 52.46%

Can you help me please I have xp and a 17" monitor.
My display is set at 800 x 600 and the pages are too big for my screen and the writing is massive
I have tried Display Properties settings 1024 x 768 but can hardly see the text then.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

Ive messed up the settings on my Display Properties.
Now i dont see how to put it back.

Can anyone help?
Its a Dell Lattitude.

John

Relevancy 52.46%

I recently got a PC of a lady that needs to have the fonts very big to actually read them she uses dual display and for some reason in one application she uses both monitors don t work I tried to go to the PC and change the display settings but again for tab settings No in Display Properties some reason there were no settings tab in display properties I tried login in as an No settings tab in Display Properties Admin and I can see the display settings tab but I go as her user and I have no tab I m really stuck here because if she logs to another PC it will give the same situation I m thinking is something about her profile or No settings tab in Display Properties the scripts she runs whenever she loads her No settings tab in Display Properties profile Tried to look for info in the net and couldn t get any Any suggestions to what to do here or where to go to actually change the way Windows displays this for this specific user At fist I thought the profile had no Admin rights but I have given it all the admin rights they are and still not displaying this tab I m thinking on going to the registry and see what key to change to give her this feature but I really want lo leave that as my last resource and I will have to figure out what key to change too and also if she loads this in another PC and has the same situation I think is something in the server that is causing this to happen lol I am really frustrated and decided to go to another PC and take my mind out of this Any help will be appreciated

A:No settings tab in Display Properties

Did you try creating a new profile...and moving her settings?

Her profile could be corrupt/damaged.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177263/no-settings-tab-in-display-properties/
Relevancy 52.46%

In Display properties when clicking the Desktop tab the Position option is greyed out and fixed on "stretch" but all other options can be customised.

Any comments on this observation please ?

Relevancy 52.46%

When i right click on my desktop and the context menu appears. i then select properties. I get my display properties window. when i try to change wallpaper or appearances, everytime i mouse over the Save As button, the who window dissappears. it also vanishes when i mouseover the Desktop Tab

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-issue-199720.html
Relevancy 52.46%

This has been happening for a while now. It has something to do with my video drivers or card. I will install my video drivers and it will not work. It just doesn't come up, But sometimes, it will work like after a while. I really need this panel for tweaking my video card. Does anyone have any fix for this?

A:Cannot access display properties

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattl148

This has been happening for a while now. It has something to do with my video drivers or card. I will install my video drivers and it will not work. It just doesn't come up, But sometimes, it will work like after a while. I really need this panel for tweaking my video card. Does anyone have any fix for this?

Ever any answer on this? I am having the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-access-display-properties-13143.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a problem. For some reason I have no desktop options. I go to display properties,desktop.........and for some reason all my options are highlighted in grey and I cant select any of them. Anyone have any idea why that is? I cant put a backround wallpaper or anything.

And I have already downloaded spyware doctor and spybot. Ran both and removed a couple trojans. I now have my previous backround back both there is still no options in the display menu, there is no way to change the wallpaper. Here is a screenshot so you can see what im talking about.

A:Display properties problem!

I would suggest stating here and let one of the gold shields help you thru this. Since you removed one or two infections there may be others and any one or more of them could cause this problem.

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe

Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply. DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

A security expert should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-problem.540071/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellow tech-heads,

When I right click on any folder to try to get the properties, nothing will happen. The explorer title bar will grey out as if it becomes a part of the background, but there is no foreground properties window. I can get the properties on any individual file without any problem. Consiquently, I can't get the properties when I right-click on my hard drive to get to the tools so I can run chkdsk. I'm running an anti-virus program (Norton) and I have the most recent updates. I cleaned out the registtry using "Registry Medic", and yes, I know that it probably caused the problem, but the system runs perfectly with the exception of this one problem.

Any suggestions???

A:Folder properties won't display

Hi,

Does it work here:

Windows explorer > File > Properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-properties-wont-display.140235/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys! I have just removed a variety of Spy/Malware and Virus's from a PC running XP. However I have a lingering problem. The Display properties has the desktop tab missing, also when the computer starts the only desktop I get, is like an "open windows explorer window" ! Thats what the desktop is displayed like, but you can still see the desktop icons. It is strange, but I have seen it before and managed to get ride of this by using Combofix and Smitraudfix. I tried these programs again , however no joy !

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated!

A:Hijacked Display Properties

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176783/hijacked-display-properties/
Relevancy 52.46%

Anyone have a guess Ben helped me rule out ATI properties display missing software Hi When I select Display from the control panel menu or when I right click on the desktop and select Properties nothing happens more precisely I sometimes see an instantaneous flash as it tries to create a window of some sort which is immediately removed I can adjust the screen resolution using the Catalyst control center GUI but the standard Microsoft options to control Wallpaper screen savers themes etc are absent from that GUI display properties missing I am currently running without the Catalyst control center only the driver Problem does NOT occur in Safe Mode Machine Windows XP-Pro SP nearly up to date on Windows updates ATI GPU with latest - driver Much debugging as been related to the Catalyst control center but display properties missing the problem persists even after removing the display driver all catalyst software and running Driver Cleaner run in safe mode and rebooting using default VGA driver Problem is present in a brand new admin user account as well I have also removed all startup programs except maybe the mouse using various startup utilities as well as editing RUN portions in the Registry This machine has never had a malicious malware attack so far as I am aware I don t know when this started but I noticed the inability to set my wallpaper when I recently tried a screen saver program which left me with a blue desktop background Google-ing the problem finds many identical complaints but none of the associated fixes address my problem such as registry display properties missing entries relating to disabling display option tabs or disabling control panel features such as addressed by some of Kelly s Korner register scripts and others Probably unrelated but when I let Windows Update load of the most recent security updates I m mostly up to date one of them kills Internet Explorer which kills Windows Update so I had to do a restore This is potentially a much bigger concern than the missing display GUI Any suggestions will be most appreciated -bob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-missing.940258/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I go to display properties and try to change my background, every single picture on my computer is shown as an option. How do I go back to normal? I just want to see the default backgrounds. Thank you so much for your help.

A:Display Properties (too many pictures)

For the Display Properties Background tab, Windows XP fetches the image files from the following locations:

BMP Files from %Systemroot% folder.

BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:

* %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
* %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub-folders)
* %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
* %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub-folders)

If you want to clear a file from the background tab listing, move the file away from the above mentioned locations. To access each of the folders above, type the Path in Start-Run dialog.

Note

* %Systemroot% represents the folder where Windows is installed.
* %USERPROFILE% represents the user profile home path
* %AppData% represents the Application Data folder path
* %ProgramFiles% represents the Program Files folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-too-many-pictures.666629/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm having an issue with my display properties. Every time I try to change my background color (because I have a photo in the center) to black I click apply, and Windows does its little fade to black and white and then after it applies the color my display properties box stops responding. It just becomes a blank white box that I can close, but that's it. The background color will stay black until my computer goes to screen saver and I unlock it. Then it reverts to the old navy blue color. Any ideas why my display properties stops responding?

Relevancy 52.46%

Can anyone tell me how to unhide hidden display property tabs in Win2000?

A:Display Properties Tabs

biomedtek said:

Can anyone tell me how to unhide hidden display property tabs in Win2000?Click to expand...
lol, has a family member removed them from your profile?

This sounds like a group policy situation which would require editing.......
Pileyrei

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-tabs.242057/
Relevancy 52.46%

My problem is when I right click the desktop and choose properties the quot Display Properties quot dialog box appears but it doesn t have any tabs The only thing showing is quot Themes quot No quot Desktop quot tab no quot Appearance quot tab No Tabs at all I Display XP Properties Windows havn t installed any new video card drivers or any new software Also I noticed that if I switch themes XP to Classic the tabs reappear But when I close the box and reopen it there gone It almost Windows XP Display Properties looks like the quot Windows XP Display Properties Display Properties quot box has been resized I say that because when the tabs are there after a theme switch and I click on the Windows XP Display Properties quot Appearance quot tab the quot Effects quot and quot Advanced quot buttons at the bottom look a little quot cramped quot Actually the bottom of the quot Advanced quot button is missing hidden But when the tabs at the top are missing the two buttons look normal Is there a way I can resize the quot Display Properties quot box Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have beat my head against a wall with this problem for three days now and I'm sincerely hoping someone here has run into it before and knows how to fix it.

In display properties there are absolutely no tabs.

The computer has XP with a Nvidia geforce4 mx 440 vid card.

-I have installed the newest driver and an older one, neither fix it.
-The tabs do appear in safe mode
-I have reinstalled SP1a
-I removed all spyware
-I have scanned for viruses
-I have disabled abolutely everything on startup
-I did find one mskb article that referrer to a similar problem after upgrading from 98 to xp but this came with xp and the article didn't have all the tabs missing.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 52.46%

OK I'm a picture junkie. I love to take pictures and then put them on my computer. But if I scan the picture and then put it in the My Pictures Folder, the pictures appear in the Display Properties. Now theres a lot of pictures in there and it gets kinda annoying cuz i dont really want any of those pictures for my desktop. Is there a way i can turn that off?

A:Pictures in Display Properties

In the My Pictures folder, click View. Then select one of the other choices other than thumbnails (like list or details).

Hope this is what you mean.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pictures-in-display-properties-54195.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,
I am totally stumped on this.
When I right click my desktop and go down to properties nothing happens and the same thing when I try in the control panel.

I have cleaned the registry and also ran 4 spyware apps but still no joy!

Any ideas?
I really need this asap as I have an important test coming up and the software I need to study with says that I need to change to font sizes for it to run!

Help would be gratefully recvd!

Regards,

Al

Relevancy 52.46%

hello,
for quite some time the tabs in the display properties menu have been missing. All I can see when I open it are the theme options and the preview. I can't remember changing anything recently that could have influenced this. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 52.46%

I just purchased an IBM PII 400, all works great except for the display properties for my monitor, I am only able to choose from 2 or 16 colors and am stuck on 640 by 480 pixels.....When I was using this monitor before I was able to adjust these settings, what need I do now to fix this problem

A:Display Properties Settings

Hello Kitty and welcome to TSG!

That is a common problem. What you need to do is reinstall the video driver; it's not your monitor that is at fault. You will have to find out the make and model of you video card.

~Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-settings.95274/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone,

I've got a Dell 17" LCD monitor (model: E173FP) and a question.

I need to fix the driver since I just reformatted; however, I can't edit a particular setting.

Follow me on this part: [right-click desktop] and select "Properties" => "Settings" => "Advanced" => "Monitor".

I need to get to the "Properties" screen, which is where the "Drivers" options are. Unfortunately, the entire "Properties" screen is grayed out, so I can't click "Properties" or change the Monitor Settings like the Hertz rate.

What is the work around for this?

Oh yeah, Dell said I have to pay them $50 if I want them to fix it. Noooooo!

Thanks!

-- Annoyed Dell User

A:[SOLVED] Display Properties

Hello Annoyed,

Have you reinstalled all drivers (Chipset,Graphics,Audio,etc) after reinstalling Windows?
Look in Device Manager and make sure that there is no yellow ?'s or !'s listed.

If you have all drivers installed you can download the driver for your monitor from the Dell site.

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-display-properties-318581.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am trying help a friend out with his computer,under display properties his daughter put in a picture and now it will not alow any changes to the desktop (everything is greyed out) any ideas?

A:desktop display properties

Click Start > Run > type regedit

Click OK.

Browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system

In the right-pane, delete the Values Wallpaper and Wallpaperstyle, if they exist.

Restart the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-display-properties.1009309/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello. I am mirkdddlhppr, and this is my first time here at TechGuy.

I need help badly. Whenever I go the Display Properties from Control Panel, and attempt to click Advanced (under Settings) to change the Hardware Acceleration, I get this error:

An exception occurred while trying to run
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\desck.cpl",Display"

Because of this unfortunate error, I cannot access the option to change the Hardware Acceleration, and thus am unable to play games. Help is greatly appreciated!

-mirkdddlhppr