Windows Support Forum

Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Q: Microsoft 6to4 adapter

I noticed when I turned on my computer today it said it was unable to install some drivers. I look in my device manager and it has the yellow exclamation mark by the following:

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #5

My system is a Dell XPS 630i on Vista 32bit home premium.

I immediately went to the Dell site and installed all the latest drivers and the bios as well but this did not fix the problem.

I am able to connect to the internet. Is this a problem and if so can somone wizard help me troubleshoot it?

Cheers in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft 6to4 adapter

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Delete these drivers in the Device Manager and restart your system. See if Vista reinstalls these automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-6to4-adapter.126383/
Relevancy 92.45%

problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

I am frequently being disconnected from the internet.

Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter) has a exclamation mark (!) in a yellow triangle in device manager.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When i check for solutions, it says cannot load driver software.

A:problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

If there are no problems connected with this code31, ignore it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-microsoft-6to4-adapter-network-adapter.784178/
Relevancy 90.73%

Not sure whether this is a problem or not, but in Device Manager I have warnings against ISATP which Microsoft says to ignore so OK. but also against three 6TO4 Adapters.

My question is what are these adapters and why are they in error, also Reliability Monitor says there is a problem as the devices can't start

Now this is a new desktop PC running 32bit Vista, every thing seems to be running OK apart from an occasional tendency to hang on booting just after it identifies the optical drive and asks for any key to be pressed but ignores any key press and has to be switched on and off. Could this be connected?
I have searched Microsoft but couldn't find anything relating to this, tried searching for updated drivers, nothing, anyone any ideas.

Thanks

Neil

A:microsoft 6TO4 adapter

I've looked at some other forums, and many people are having the issue. I have a PC with the issue. Several of the other forums say to delete and reboot. I'm going to try...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-6to4-adapter.608215/
Relevancy 90.73%

Ok how can I sum up this issue Basics mths old Compact Presario - Windows Vista Internet- Comcast broadband -trying to hook up router but can not use the cat plug on the PC ok my internet works fine when I have the line coming from the modem to the PC via USB I just bought a router and have to hook it up using a cat line Ok no problem my PC has both So after going through the installation steps changing the hook up to a cat my main PC does not get internet So to check my cards to ensure I went to device manager and found that adapter everyone speaks of quot Microsoft to Adapter quot with the yellow exclamation next to it I tried everything update driver ipconfig release and renew resetting everything unplugging even searched Google So I said what the heck and deleted the adapter when I did this the back of the PC where the cat goes the light was no longer lit up First question is this the reason I can not get internet through the router this non-working adapter Second could it be the NIC card for the cat The pc is only months old I can not imagine it being broke but I guess things happen than again if this was the case why Microsoft CAT Adapter ---PLEASE 5; 6to4 to USB HELP!!! would he light next to the plug light up when I plug in the wire Someone please help

A:USB to CAT 5; Microsoft 6to4 Adapter ---PLEASE HELP!!!

If you were using an USB ethernet adaptor it's possible the onboard ethernet network card was disabled via the BIOS.

Check to see if your ethernet card is firstly working and windows device manager recognises it and has drivers installed for it and then check the bios.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/120271-usb-cat-5-microsoft-6to4-adapter-please-help.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello all! I was checking my device manager today and i noticed a yellow flag next to "microsoft 6to4 adapter #2". I googled it and the majority of fix's suggested uninstalling and reinstalling it. So i uninstalled, rebooted... then realised i have no idea where to download it to reinstall it lol

Im using 64 bit if that makes a difference. Is this adaptor important? and where do i download it? :O thanks alot guys!

A:microsoft 6to4 adapter #2

Hi, if you knew what it was for, you would need it, since this is obviously not the case (has to do with tcp/ipv4 and tcp/ipv6 ) safe to disable it. Go to start all programs accessories and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator' at the prompt type:-

Code:
netsh in 6to4 set state disable press enter then type exit press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-6to4-adapter-2-a-385359.html
Relevancy 90.73%

My Device Manager tells me my Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #5 is not working because Windows cannot load the drivers etc,etc, (code 31). Would someone please tell me what a 6to4 Adapter is exactly. ------------ Just found answers to this problem that other guys had on this site. Since my network is running O.K. it seems like I don't need this 6to4 Adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-6to4-adapter-5.948870/
Relevancy 90.73%

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)..Is there any way I can fix this?

A:Microsoft adapter 6to4

Hello mlryant,

I hope this helps:

6to4 adapter is a component used for transmitting IPv6 packets trough IPv4 network correctly.

In some scenarios, there will be a code 31 or code 10 error appearing beside this component. A possible reason is, the network adapter doesn’t support this feature. You may update the driver for your network adapter or chipset, and then try to uninstall and reinstall the this component.

To uninstall the component, right-click the item in Device Manager and select Uninstall.

To reinstall the component, in Device Manager, Action – Add Legacy Hardware – Next – “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” – Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter – Next – Finish the wizard.

If the steps above doesn’t solve the problem, your network adapter is not a supportive one for this component. You can completely ignore this error, if there isn’t IPv6 network deployed in the environment. The error won’t affect your system.

To remove the error message, please right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator, type the command netsh in 6to4 set state disable, press Enter. The component will be disabled and hidden.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Lionel Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Source: Microsoft 6to4 Adapter issue

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/285140-microsoft-adapter-6to4.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi In the system diagnostic report I keep geeting Microsoft 6to4 adapter is reporting "tv_configMgrErr31" device is no available untill issue resolved. Plug and play for this device is Root\*6TO4MP\0000 I have done all the fixes that are sugested but still keep getting it again. I have tried to disable it in the device manager but it reinvents itself again. What is this for and any help would be appreciated. OS is Vista 32bit Asus P5NSLI motherboard,2.8mhz dual core,3gigs DDR2 ,Nivida 8800GTS, linksys wifi 2.4ghz to comcast

A:Need Help Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Have you tried uninstalling it? That usually fixes it - and it doesn't come back.
If it does come back, then there's something requesting that it become operational (it translates IPv6 traffic to IPv4).

Try disabling the IPHelper service in services.msc if the "uninstall" doesn't work.
Then uninstall it again to see if it stays gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-microsoft-6to4-adapter-413436.html
Relevancy 90.73%

without the microsoft 6to4 adapter can you still browse using the both wireless and Local area networks. if you can then i have a problem 'cause I cannot browse on my laptop even though the connections have been made. can anyone help me.

A:microsoft 6to4 adapter

Yes you can... While trying to resolve an explorer issue the 6to4 popped up as a new device... Windows was unable to install a driver, I deleted the entry from the device list and all still works two weeks later...

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/206035-microsoft-6to4-adapter.html
Relevancy 90.73%

The Microsoft 6to4 adapter showed in the device manager that it was not working properly. If you look at yours it may show the same. I think I disabled it trying to update it. This was before I found this short sweet article from Microsoft. Does anyone know if I will experience problems in the future when this new technology gets more prevalent? If so, how do I get it back. I followed the instructions that a vista pro gave me to fix this problem and it shows in the reliability monitor that it was installed...but it is not showing int he device manager. Would it be installed but not show on the device manager? Thanks for any thoughts.

Here is the article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520/

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Just learned something from Brink's wonderful tutorial on showing hidden devices. I anyone else ever has this problem...just go to the device manager/view/show hidden devices. The Microsoft 6to4 adapter will be there if you have it installed.

Now I have another question. I followed a pro's advice to install this after deleting it. He was right but it was hidden. He was at my home and didn't know this. We did it one more time and now when I press "show hidden devices" it shows 2 Microsoft 6to4 adapters. I assume I'm alright to leave both there? Does anyone know this?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/204879-microsoft-6to4-adapter.html
Relevancy 89.44%

It appears that something is up with the driver supporting this hardware. I have gone online and tried all of the recommended fixes and still cannot play YouTube videos. It seems that I have the correct driver, but Windows is not loading it to the device. Makes me think that I may have been struck by a virus. Could this be the case, and if so what are my best options ?

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and my computer is a Gateway GT5465E, 32 bit.

If not a virus, then how do I fix ? If a virus, how to I go about fixing that.

Everything else is working fine, ie I can access the internet.

Much obliged if someone could help me.

Eugene

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter/code 31

check this

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter issue - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-6to4-adapter-code-31-a-652370.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I've been having many internet connectivity issues over the last week or so and it's really driving me mad.
I have found one issue which may be responsible.
In 'Device Manager', under 'Network Adapters', there's a thing called 'Microsoft 6to4 Adapter' with a .
When I double click on said device I get this message - This device cannot start. (Code 10).
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it but it makes no difference.
Any thoughts?
Thanks all.

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter issues.

That's nothing to do with it its used to tunnel ipv6 through ipv4 so its not used. What problems are you having?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/127568-microsoft-6to4-adapter-issues.html
Relevancy 89.44%

What is the Microsoft 6TO4 Adapter and why do I suddenly have so many of them? None of them even work.

I have the same problem with an ISATAP device. Does anybody have any solutions?

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft 6TO4 Adapter

I used to have this problem with Windows 98SE. I used to go into safe mode to delete them. I have a 6to4 driver that always has a yellow exclamation point. That is what I am going to do next to see if I can solve my problem. It wouldn't hurt to take a look.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-microsoft-6to4-adapter-298519.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I just arrived to Spain with my Inspiron 1420 (Vista), and it is not picking up the wireless network of the house I am living in. I tried plugging it into a landline, and it still doesn´t connect.

Someone pointed me towarsd my Device Manager, and I saw that my Microsoft 6to4 Adapter (as well as #3, #4 and #6) all got the error message:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31)."

I went onto another forum and followed directions to reinstall the Microsoft 6to4 Adapter but now it is not showing up in my Device Manager at all. I am not computer savvy so please help in any (detailed) way. Thank you!

Relevancy 69.66%

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Plug and Play ID ROOT\*6TO4MP\0005

When I test it says the adapter is working properly. I don't know if this matters but I am unable to get microsoft updates. I have 16 that continue trying to update but my computer will not allow.

Please any help would be appreciated! ((hugs))

Relevancy 69.66%

there is an exclamation mark beside 6to4 adapter and i can't access wireless networks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/6to4-adapter-21-problem-171946.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Please advise as to what can be done to fix this problem. My tech support people tell me that I can download 6to4 adapter from any internet supplier. I suddenly cannot get club pogo downloads past the picture which shows game, says game loading, but stays there forever. Only started when I activated 5 day club pogo pass this a.m. Speaking to my internet provider, he stated their systems shows I had not activated system since 09/10, yet I am on it daily for several hours per day. What can I do to fix 6to4 problem, when it says it is not on my system....help please, anyone who has had this problem. Thanks a bunch...
Pollie:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6to4-adapter-problem-error-031.641474/
Relevancy 69.23%

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Boot Log is attached.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
Blue Screen error 0x7E

Cheers.

A:Nettun.inf not loading 6to4 Adapter etc...

Ensure All services are running in the default mode.

Download Windows 7 Services Repair to your desktop.
Important that this tool is on Desktop!
Right Click Run as Administrator.
Type 2 into the CMD window, hit enter.
Allow it to complete.
Then type 3 into the Command window, hit enter.
Allow that to complete as well.
Then reboot your machine.

Scan with MiniToolBox.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)
Click Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608799/nettuninf-not-loading-6to4-adapter-etc/
Relevancy 68.37%

Windows vista bit HP P c Device manager shows the yellow sign by the to adapter she was on computer on the night of the th and then turned 6to4 fast if Need with problem possible-customer help adapter #3 on on morning of th and can t get on internet Need help fast if possible-customer problem with 6to4 adapter #3 since I have check all cablesm modem I hooked my laptop windows xp with her stuff unplugged the cable from her computer right to my laptop Need help fast if possible-customer problem with 6to4 adapter #3 and got on internet right away Took her computer to my place and hooked into my network and got right on the internet with her coomputer no Need help fast if possible-customer problem with 6to4 adapter #3 problem however when I go back to her place and try to get on the internet it keeps coming up page cannot be displayed in device manager click on the to adapter then properties and it says the needs the drivers code tried uninstall and it came back witht the yellow sign went to command prompt and did the netsh in to set state disable and uninstalled the to in device manager and then unticked the the in tcp ip properties the to adapter is now not in device manager and as I said I unticked the in tcp ip properties the internet is working fine at my place my questioon is before I take it back to her I would like to no if what I have done should make it work at her place to You do not have to use the in tcp ip properties just the right Please help me out here just starting out fixing computers and I have not ran across this before where my laptop works at here house and her computer works at my place but her computer will not work at her place just page cannot be displayed but works right away at my house same isp etc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-fast-if-possible-customer-problem-with-6to4-adapter-3.917272/
Relevancy 68.37%

I can t connect adapter Can't with wireless: connect using problem 6TO4 to the internet using our wireless router The signal is excellent but there s a yellow triangle with an exclamation point It says that there is limited access I tried resetting the router checked all the plugs restarted Can't connect using wireless: problem with 6TO4 adapter my laptop all to no avail I tried connecting using my phone and I can go online so the problem lies with my laptop I checked my device manager and under Networks the TO adapters has a yellow triangle with exclamation point With a code error I tried to run check for solutions quot but I can t connect to the internet Using my phone I saw websites dealing with the same problem I uninstalled all the TO adapters along with the isatap adapter because it also has the same problem except that it s reporting error Then I restarted my laptop I can connect to the internet but only through LAN I still can t connect through my wifi I tried to reinstall the TO and isatap but it Can't connect using wireless: problem with 6TO4 adapter still shows the same message I m not the only person who uses the internet in our house My siblings also have the same problem with their own laptops Can anyone help me How can I connect using wireless connection nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello This is my first post so go easy on me please I have a problem with my internet connection in windows vista that seems really strange I can use my web browser for hour or so before it stops connecting to the internet If I close my web browser down it remains running in my system memory and cannot be removed using task manager This problem only effects web browsers though other applications can still use the internet such as windows update and steam Windows cannot find a problem with my internet connection either I have tried disablin everything apart from windows firewall to remedy this problem but the only thing that seems to work is a computer reset I don t think it is a software conflict problem I found an error with my TO adapter in device manager after looking this problem up on the windows support site it says that this error 6to4 by Internet problems Solved: caused adapter can be ignored That leaves me kind of puzzled as this did not happen on my last computer in fact on my last computer Solved: Internet problems caused by 6to4 adapter there was no TO adapter listed at all Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Having an issue in our environment.

We have not deployed IPv6 however all windows machines automatically generate an IPv6 6to4 and ISATAP tunnel adapter addresses.These addresses are sometimes
registered in DNS and when doing name resolutions for applications, they are returned and connectivity fails.

Is there a way to prevent these addresses from registering or making it to where the tunnel addresses can actually be used for connectivity between hosts
internally without deploying full IPv6 solution?

Thanks.

-Szaz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bddb83e5-ba0b-4327-84af-214625079f90/automatic-ipv6-6to4-and-isatap-tunnel-adapter-addresses-generated?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.22%

Having an issue in our environment.

We have not deployed IPv6 however all windows machines automatically generate an IPv6 6to4 and ISATAP tunnel adapter addresses.These addresses are sometimes registered in DNS and when doing name resolutions for applications, they are returned and connectivity fails.

Is there a way to prevent these addresses from registering or making it to where the tunnel addresses can actually be used for connectivity between hosts internally without deploying full IPv6 solution?

Thanks.

-Szaz

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65359-automatic-ipv6-6to4-isatap-tunnel-adapter-addresses-generated.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a compaq that runs on windows vista. Teo days ago I was online fine and yesterday it went down. I went under device manager and saw that network adaptor microsoft 6to4 was having problem code 31. I uninstalled the program and tried reinstalling and it wont reinstall and I still have no internet. Help please!!!!

A:microsoft 6to4 adaptor

What's the model name and model number of your Compaq (desktop or laptop)?

What's the part/product number(P/N) on it?

Is it running Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-6to4-adaptor.1124722/
Relevancy 65.36%

For the last week I have not been able to connect wirelessly to the internet. I have a HP pavilion dv2000 with windows vista operating system. I am a college student and rely on my computer at school to study, so this is a huge problem. The only way I can connect to the internet is if I plug into the ethernet which I can only do at home. I have read similar posts on this problem and have tried what others suggested but nothing has worked. I have tried uninstalling and installing the HP wireless assistant. I have tried uninstalling and installing the microsoft 6to4 driver and nothing has worked so far. Please help!!

A:Microsoft 6to4 driver problem

Go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Check to see if there's any issues with the Network devices (particularly the 6to4 or the ISATAP devices).
Right click on those problem devices and select "Uninstall"
In most cases those devices won't come back (and that's a good thing). DON'T try to reinstall them.

If this doesn't fix the issues, then post back and we'll try a bunch of other stuff.
Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-6to4-driver-problem-435088.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Recently i have been to avast forum also because my windows bit stop its normal way of booting up The last program that i have updated was avast Since it required to restart i restarted my pc but after that i was confused why my pc getting stuck uyp at aswrvt sys and has never finished the loading of drivers It was alarming for me since i have tried most recovery options but always been failing I am not a computer geek so i have consulted the said site for another options i could do Someone helped me there Avast service has been stop as well as disable all asw sys drivers from loading at startup However sad surprixse system to do startup adapters microsoft thus windows 6to4 7 load not preventing that restarting my pc on normal mode still shows loading of drivers but windows 7 do not load microsoft 6to4 adapters thus preventing system to startup this time it stop now at classpnp sys to know what exactly is the affected driver i look into is the ntblog txt that was created aftr enabling logging on F menus It is Microsoft to adapter that is next to the last successsful loaded driver classpnp sys Please help me now to remove it via command prompt from the repair options as iqt is the only one that is working by the way if you will ask about installation disk well i dont have it Downloading its iso full size will takes sometime as i only got my phone without available wifi signals windows 7 do not load microsoft 6to4 adapters thus preventing system to startup

A:windows 7 do not load microsoft 6to4 adapters thus preventing system to startup

F8 opens the Advanced Boot Options, which option did you try?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518205/windows-7-do-not-load-microsoft-6to4-adapters-thus-preventing-system-to-startup/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. This is my first time to post a thread here at Techguy.org so I hope this site would make a good impression for me. I am
currently studying IT so this techie forum stuff would soon come in handy. I would just like to know why does each time I troubleshoot my netbook device (Acer Aspire One 722) under Devices and Printers it fails to install and fix itself. The devices are
microsoft teredo tunneling adapter and the microsoft ISATAP adapters (1,2 and 3). First of all what are these devices and their importance and how to troubleshoot it manually. Then is there anything I can do to Prevent this, an exclamation mark next to my device is for me irritating to see. One more thing. Is it safe to uninstall it?? How about reinstalling it after that??. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-and-the-microsoft-isatap-adapters.1023280/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a problem regarding my MICROSOFT ISATAP x422 and MICROSOFT TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER.

going to device manager there is a yellow mark on MICROSOFT ISATAP x422 and MICROSOFT TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER icon and i was wondering what was wrong.

Please help me.

A:MICROSOFT ISATAP x422 and MICROSOFT TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER

my ASATAP ADAPTER and TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER ARE GONE.
is it ok that these devices does not exist on my computer ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/217703-microsoft-isatap-x422-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.44%
Q: 6to4

Have a problem with 6to4
OS--Vista Home Prem
no internet
in device manager, I uninstalled 6to4, need to find a download for it so I can re install it. Can anyone help please

Mike

A:6to4

Welcome
Are you looking for something like this?
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter user reviews and ratings - CNET Download.com

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/288056-6to4.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hi I have a code 10 on my pc and have lost my wireless, I am at the moment using wired on realtek but would like my wireless back. Microsoft have remote accessed my pc and left me up the creek because we got disconnected I have since sorted this, although they did not manage to get my wireless back, how do I get back onto wireless? I have a desktop Compaq pressario. thanks

A:6to4 problem

post an ipconfig please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6to4-problem.1140723/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an error in my Device Manager - it's on 6to4 adapter5 code31. Can someone tell me what a 6to4 adapter is and how I can solve error code 31.

Thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6to4-adapter5.910253/
Relevancy 45.15%

Some time ago in my device manager, in Network adapters, appeared this thing: Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2, with an exclamation sign. I couldn't remove it. I understand it's related to network bridging, or something like that. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-tun-miniport-adapter-2.307171/
Relevancy 45.15%

For some reason, I had a Windows 7 64-bit upgrade fail. Now when I go to Device Manager, my wireless router shows 2-Gigabyte as enabled, but then under it I see the following yellow diamond with exclamation points on the following items:
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Microsoft IPv6 toIPv4
Microsoft Terleado

Also there is a message station that there is Code 10 error Device cannot start.

I went into Device Manager and looked at each of these, and the software says that they are working correctly. When I look at Roll Back Driver, it is grayed out, and I cannot do this. Also, when I try to get a new driver, everything seems to be blown away. I have had to go back & do a system restore to an earlier point to even get back to this point. Can anyone give me advice on how to correct these problems?? In advance, thank you for any help you can give me.

Bellringer

A:Microsoft ISATAP adapter

Between the failed upgrade and using a restore point I'm not so sure that your Op system is going to be useable any longer. What your seeing there is your network adaptor not the router which has it's own page.
A good system image would be the best way to go but you would need to create one before hand using the Windows 7 file recovery in the Control Panel.

I'd have to see a screen shot of your device manager with network adaptors expanded and with the "View" button set to "show hidden devices". It sounds like your network driver was corrupted so reinstalling it may help.

It might help to run some of the ipconfig commands in the link below, you need to type them into an elevated command prompt. Elevated Command Prompt

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/w...a/ipconfig.htm

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220186-microsoft-isatap-adapter.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello to all - I am a newbie here Microsoft Adapter Loopback This is my first post I cannot get the Microsoft Loopback Adapter to work properly I Microsoft Loopback Adapter have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with the same results My system is a eMachines T- Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack In XP's Device Manager the Loopback Adapter shows up with a yellow exclamation mark When I look at the properties for this I get Device type Unknown Manufacturer Microsoft Location Unknown Device status quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot The Driver tab gives me these details on the driver Driver Provider Microsoft Driver Date Driver Version Digital Signer Microsoft Windows Publisher When I click on the Driver Details button I get this Driver files C WINDOWS system DRIVERS loop sys where it's supposed to be File version xpclient - ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The machine I bought did not come with an XP cd so I cannot reinstall update the driver from the disk I have tried to find an updated driver on the Microsoft website and others but cannot find a later version Additionally when I run Karen's Computer Profiler v http www karenware com I get this info Interface MS TCP Loopback interface Index Type Loopback Diagnostic MTU bytes Speed Mbps Admin Status Up MAC Address lt none gt IP Address Packets Sent Error Packets Sent Send Error Rate Packets Received Error Packets Received Receive Error Rate Notice the Admin Status is quot up quot I have been through the quot Installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter quot instructions and tried every variation I could find Nothing seems to work Who is gonna be my hero Much thanks in advance Metalhed

A:Microsoft Loopback Adapter

Hello and Welcome to TSF

I doubt I will be your hero but lets see if we can get this installed

First, Try using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. As long as you installed the application using the Windows Installer, this utility will remove all the folders, files, registry keys, and entries from your system and allow you to start over with a clean slate.

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
Locate and run msicuu2.exe to install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
Locate and launch the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility on the Start menu.
From the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility window, locate the application in the list and click the Remove button.
Once the application has been removed, click the Exit button to close the utility.

IS this what you followed? How to install the Microsoft Loopback adapter in Windows XP

Heres your error code, seems simple but it never is
http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-loopback-adapter-223156.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My notebook won't accept any updates.

Norton tells me Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3 device is not working properly Windows cannot load the required device drivers(code 31)

Play and plug ID; ROOT\*ISATAP\0002

I tried to update this but it said it was updated and working, Norton device manager says it isn't.

Any one know of a fix for this?

A:Microsoft ISATAP Adapter#3

In device manger Right click the Driver and click uninstall after that Restart your Computer and it should reinstall the drivers

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/286240-microsoft-isatap-adapter-3-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi forum Just had a factory reinstall on my Windows Vista Home Premium bit and again I am in trouble Finding it difficult to type at the moment because my hands are full of hair that I have just torn out The staff are great where I bought the Laptop and have done at least three clean installs but they must be Miniport Adapter#2 Microsoft Tun losing patience with me now they do not show it however To-day two days after the install the wretched unit is again acting up Sound Vanished Could not open Windows Media Player Ages before I got an internet connection Snail pace opening and shutting down and now I am Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter#2 getting the above Tun Miniport error in Device Manager yellow triangle and no matter what I do I cannot rectify it update driver disable-enable Cannot get any help Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter#2 on the Microsoft site surprise surprise I have now come to the conclusion that Vista is the worst system ever The young lady in the store that re-installed the thing suggested that the time had come to have Windows and she was not trying to push it on me as she is only in Service Bay I think I am at the precipice now and will wipe this wretched Vista off the machine and install Everyone in the store recommends it Vista is like the little girl in the Proverb quot when she's good she's good but when she's bad she's wicked quot Any views on the particular problem miniport or my general ideas on change

A:Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter#2

Peter, lets slow down and think before spending money. If you reinstalled several times and still have problems, it would be my guess that the problem is with the computer and not the OS. See if this test shows anything.
http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor
Some computer problems that will not allow Seven will be shown on the report.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/289995-microsoft-tun-miniport-adapter-2-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Can anyone tell me what this adapter is for? I have a yellow exclamation point next to it in my device manager.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-isatap-adapter.654044/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having trouble with my adapter.When i connect it with my laptop it says
Microsoft ISATAP adapter # 4 , unable to upload drives successfully. When i see it says plugged in,not charging.

A:Microsoft ISATAP adapter # 4

That is built in with Windows, maybe an sfc command will help
System Files - SFC Command

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291551-microsoft-isatap-adapter-4-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hewo

My system is runnin perfectly fine.
BUT this thing in Device Manager is like a splinter on my finger.

6to4 adapter. I showed these as having a conflict.
I tried to upgrade driver and no go... so I simply disabled the devices.
and no problem. here is an image

Thats not really the problem ... the problem is .. when I click on SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES .. I get this

AND thats not all of them

There are no errors on those, only the ones that show when SHOW HIDDEN etc etc. is unchecked.

Now before I go on deleting, disabling, removing, or uninstalling anything.... does anyone know why in GODs green earth I have soooo many of them 6to4 adapters.

Thankee in advanced.

A:6to4 in Device Manager

I had the same problem a while ago. On advice from the MS pages,I turned off both "6to4 Adapter" and "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" from the device manager.
It is a new device which allows IPV6 connectivity through IPV4.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6to4-in-device-manager.720645/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all- I downloaded what I thought was a codec but it was a virus It installed a program called quot White cloud quot also I ve run SAS Hugipon 6to4 Gen Gen-virut a number of times in safe mode as well but the viruses Hugipon Gen-virut and Gen to keep surfacing afterwards I ve always fixed these probs in the past on my own and I tried this time too by running Combo fix when I wasn t instructed to do so I also tried Hugipon Gen-virut Gen 6to4 ATF cleaner rkill malwarebytes but no use As far as I can tell this virus redirects the web page when browsing- I m sure it could do more sinister this as well Help please How can I help you to help me Window XP Home version SP Thanks in Hugipon Gen-virut Gen 6to4 advance dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Neil at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files HP Dfawep bin hpbdfawep exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Neil My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks Vuze Remote Toolbar ba e- - -b f - e d cc - c program files vuze remote tbVuz dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar ba e- - -b f - e d cc - c program files vuze remote tbVuz dll TB Vuze Remote Toolbar ba e- - -b f - e d cc - c program files vuze remote tbVuz dll uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun dla c windows system dla tfswctrl exe mRun hpbdfawep c program files hp dfawep bin hpbdfawep exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup micros lnk - c program files microsoft office office OSA EXE IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - hxxp platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab Handler cdo - CD A- B - D - DB- C FB D - c program files common files microsoft shared web folders PKMCDO DLL Notify SASWinLogon - c program files superantispyware SASWINLO dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SEH SABShellExecuteHook Class ae d - afb- e - a-ebb f a da - c program files superantispyware SASSEH DLL FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume neil applic mozilla firefox profiles dvyqov default FF - plugin c program files divx divx plus web player npdivx dll FF - Ext Default ce c - e - -a - ce fd - c program files mozilla firefox extensions ce c - e - -a - ce fd FF - Ext Embedded Objects firefox red-cog com - profile extensions firefox red-cog com FF - Ext DownloadHelper b db a - edc- ec-a f -b ed d - profile extensions b db a - edc- ec-a f -b ed d FF - Ext YouTube to MP youtube mp mondayx de - profile extensions youtube mp mondayx de SERVICES DRIVERS R SASDIFSV SASDIFSV c program files superantispyware sasdifsv sys - - R SASKUTIL SASKUTIL c program files superantispyware SASKUTIL SYS - - R SASENUM SASENUM c program files superantispyware SASENUM SYS - - Created Last - - -------- d-sha-r- C cmdcons - - ----a-w- c windows sed exe - - ----a-w- c windows MBR exe - - ----a-w- c windows PEV exe - - ----a-w- c windows SWREG exe - - -------- d----... Read more

A:Hugipon Gen-virut Gen 6to4

Hello redirect1, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.2.Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.Things to include in your next reply::TDSSkiller logGMER logHow is your machine running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368393/hugipon-gen-virut-gen-6to4/
Relevancy 45.15%

I can't connect to Wi-Fi and have 29 instances of Microsoft?s 6to4 adaptor showing up with a triangle on the label in device manager under network adapters. They show a code 10 and no matter what you do can't be resolved. The drivers are reported to be the most current when I scan the server. I have been and still am connecting via 3G but until recently I would see Wi-Fi connections. Now that I need to connect it is showing no wireless available although it is available. Anyone have a suggestion? I guess I should uninstall all 29 instances but not sure it will remedy anything. One instance is labeled without Microsoft on it just 6to4 the other add the Microsoft branding. I'm using Vista Business 32 bit on a Sony Vaio.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/270628-6to4-adaptor-wi-fi-connection.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm getting code 10 error I have tried updating it an it's already updated...not sure what's wrong

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-teredo-tunelling-adapter.1167714/
Relevancy 44.72%

Could anyone can help me to fix my problem...

A:Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4 Error

Right click on the ISATAP adapter and select "Uninstall"
Uninstall the device and close the dialog box's by clicking OK
Reboot the system
Check to see if the ISATAP came back and if it has an error associated with it (most likely it won't).

ISATAP is basically and IPv6/IPv4 translation tool - and if you're not using IPv6 addresses you won't need it on your system. AFAIK the only program that requires it is the new Meeting Space program built into Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-isatap-adapter-4-error-393940.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My Wlan driver has gone nuts again i dont know wat to doo.. with itt.. due to this my WLAN is disabled!.

Device manger says: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

Relevancy 44.72%

I am having problems communicating from my Wireless Laptop computer to my printer. And it all comes back to this Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter and the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter. It says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
How can I correct this problem?

A:Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Click this link to download Microsoft FixIt tool.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9740816
Reboot the PC
If not resolved, follow the steps.
Rollback the driver for that particular device
Reinstall the driver
Try Windows Update
Update the driver for that particular device
Finally use System Restore method

Mark as Answer if it's worked. Thanks. Balamurugan_Subramaniyan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/16bdacfb-c9bb-4a9a-8e68-cda09b18861b/microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys I have nc with ati mobility radeon x and hours ago I've installed win First I wanted to encounter graphics card problem It doesn't recognize card it just says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter I Microsoft Basic Adapter Display tried updating it with Browse and let me pick option but without any success Even tried what this guy Microsoft Basic Display Adapter recommended but without luck quot I had this problem with a Mobility Radeon X My solution was to use a tool called mobility modder net I found the most recent version of Catalyst that supported my card and put that setup file and the mobility modder net setup file on a flash drive I then went to a different computer Microsoft Basic Display Adapter that wasn't running Windows and ran the Catalyst setup file but after the part where it extracts its files I clicked cancel Then I installed mobility modder net and navigated to C ATI Support your version of catalyst Driver and clicked mod When the tool finished I cut and pasted the entire C ATI directory and put it on my flash drive and took it back to my computer that was running Windows I then cut and pasted the ATI directory to the root of that computer's hard drive I then opened up that directory until I got to the setup exe file and I ran it and it installed perfectly When it was done it was running the driver and Catalyst Control Center perfectly quot When I go to screen resolution options I can only see Generic Non-pnp Monitor and resolution option which I can't change x Haven't find any win drivers for x or any Ati Catalyst Control Center with support for that specific card in combination with win did find CCC for win but it includes only HD series cards Does anyone have any idea what should I do to solve this My brain is dead now and I can't think after hours trying to solve it and my eyes will pop out cuz of bad mixture of resolution little blur and other graphics related things gotta get some sleep I would appreciate any advice thought help Thanks in advance MrCZ

A:Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

You need to use a Vista driver version, as there are no Win7 or Win8 drivers for that card.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/9833-microsoft-basic-display-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Greetings,

There are two "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Adapters" seen in Device Manager ............ one says the device was deleted in October of 2014. The other oneis called "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2" and though enabled says it is disconnected and must be connected. I have no idea how to do this. Also, an acquaintance of mine, who also has Win 8.1, "sees" a second Microsoft Wi-Fi adapter called "Microsoft Hosted Network Vlirtual Adapter" and also a "Hyper-v Virtual Ethernet Adapter #2" He sees these when he does a ipconfig/all and I do not.

Any ideas on how to "connect" the device and thoughts on the "missing" objects ?

Best Wishes,

Rick

A:Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, etc

Those will be activated when you create a virtual machine. Nothing you can use on the 'real' system.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61888-microsoft-wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter-etc.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone. I have installed Windows 8 onto my Inspiron 1501 notebook. The installation was good, but when I ran the digital adivsor for Media Center I receive an error message saying the display driver has to be updated. I looked in the device manager and the it is the microsoft basic display adapter. I cannot find a driver for the adapter. Is there a driver? I never heard of a microsoft basic display adapter. Any suggestions will be welcomed. deanie44

A:Microsoft basic display adapter

That laptop was only supported up until Vista, and the chipset it runs on (AMD IGP Xpress 1150) also only has drivers available for Vista and XP. You can try the Vista drivers, but I'm not sure how well they'll work:

Vista 32bit
Vista 64bit

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/9220-microsoft-basic-display-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So I was having trouble with my wireless connectivity and I was looking at my drivers and I looked at Adapter problems Microsoft ISATAP #2 the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 problems driver and it had a yellow triangle with a exclamation point inside of it So I went to the Microsoft website and used their quot Fixit quot tool that recognizes problems with drivers and attempts to fix them Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 problems When it came to the ISATAP Adapter it said the best course of action would be to uninstall then re-install so I allowed the program to do so and at the end this message came up There is a problem with the driver for Microsoft ISATAP Adapter The driver needs to be reinstalled Detected Now I am trying to re-install it though I cannot figure out how to do so My computer did not come with a CD with the drivers loaded on it everything was pre-installed Is there a site or a way I can a acquire this driver again

A:Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 problems

Welcome
Hopefully simple
Go to search
type device manager
then go to the driver
Then install from the same location. Stay online and choose search the intertnet for a driver
Follow instructions below
Device Manager - Install Driver.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/291361-microsoft-isatap-adapter-2-problems.html
Relevancy 44.72%

some of my apps are not working. it says make sure that you have microsoft virtual wifi adapter.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/what-is-microsoft-virtual-wifi-adapter/td-p/5635665
Relevancy 44.72%

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I tried uninstalling it and installing it again, but I got the same issue. What's the deal?

Relevancy 44.72%

i can not uninstall to trouble shoot. What can i do. there is an exclamation point over this component in device managaer.

A:microsoft tun miniport adapter error

If you right click it in device manager it should give you an uninstall option, uninstall and on reboot it should try to pick it up again. You may need to reinstall or update drivers from manufacturer website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-tun-miniport-adapter-error-446941.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a toshiba laptop and I am setting up a netis modem/router I have gotten almost got it installed. I have windows 7 64 bit. The last thing I need is to set up microsoft teredo tunneling adapter states
broken. How can I install or reinstall this feature so I can get this connected? I appreciate any help as I am very frustrated with not being able to use my new better router. 

BL

The only reason to install tunneling is if you have a printer that needs it.  Tunneling affects very little else.  What is the specific problem you are having?

This is a known problem if Zone alarm is installed.  If you have it installed remove it at least to check

To turn off Teredo tunneling interface 6to4 open an elevated command prompt and type

netsh interface terredo set state disabled.

To Re-install it

Click on Start.Type Device Manager in search box and open it.Click the Action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click
next and this will install it.
To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.
If there is no "add legacy hardware" option, you need to plug in the device that uses tunneling.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f8a35742-f81a-4d7f-99de-f2ed55a71f5a/microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 44.72%

I want to install the Microsoft Lookback Adapter in Windows 7. I have done this under Vista either via:
1) Control Panel, Classic View, Add Hardware
2) Device Manager, right click on root node and select Add Legacy Hardware
I can't find the equivalent under Windows 7 - any suggestions?
Thanks!

A:How to install Microsoft Loopback Adapter

I found the, or a, solution:
The key step I was missing was how to find the Hardware Wizard:

Click the Start menu.
Search for ?cmd".
Right-click on ?cmd? and select ?Run as Administrator?
Enter ?hdwwiz.exe?
From that point on it's the same approach as under Vista, i.e.:

In the "Welcome to the Add Hardware Wizard", click Next.
Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)" and click Next.
Scroll down and select "Network adapters" and click Next.
Select under Manufacturer "Microsoft" and then under Network Adapter "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" and click Next.
I've tested this and it's working for me (connecting the host to a VPC using the loopback adapter).

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/259c7ef2-3770-4212-8fca-c58936979851/how-to-install-microsoft-loopback-adapter?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.72%

I tryed to connect mto the internet on my laptop but it keep saying internet explorer cannont display the webpage and there is an x through my signal bar on the bottom right corner.i tryed plugging in my internet in nother computer and it worked fine.i tryed trobleshooting my network adapter and. this message pops up ... there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter and the microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware - related problem. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

A:microsoft miniport adapter issue

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. This device is just a virtual device and it should not affect connecting the wireless network with the physical wireless adapter... Go to the Device Manager Click on Network Adapters to check which one you have as there are two on the HP Website .. Then download the one you need ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321618-microsoft-miniport-adapter-issue.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This adapter has had a yellow exclamation mark on it with a "device cannot start error Code 10" for a long time. Internet works fine but at times i get limited connectivity on my computer and i think it has something to do with this. My ISP is fine. I have already re installed the driver and followed http://appuals.com/teredo-tunnel-adapter-error-code-10/ but it doesn't work.

Any help will be great!

Relevancy 44.72%

Just threw the consumer preview of windows 8 on an old desktop that was previously running 7, and now I can't get it to recognize my graphics card. It's just an integrated AMD chip, the Radeon X200. I found a copy of the legacy drivers for vista online and ran the installer in compatibility mode, but it won't install the drivers because windows will not pick up the card at all and this microsoft basic display adapter is all that shows up in device manager for display adapters. If need be I have a radeon x1650 pro PCIe card I can install, but would prefer to just get the integrated X200 chip working properly if possible. Right now the resolution is awful and anything that requires even the slightest bit of hardware acceleration runs like a dog. How can I fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Also this is a full install, not a virtual machine. Just ran the upgrade from 7 ultimate, didn't wipe and do a clean install.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/4501-microsoft-basic-display-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I got this problem on my Acer Aspire 3680 (Vista).

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9886/errorlha.jpg

And, I have read the response from this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...or-393940.html

But the thread is from last year, I am wondering if the solution is still the same. Because after doing a google search, I have read that uninstalling the driver causes more problems, rather than fixing it. If I uninstall, is there any way to install it back. Or is this simply a Windows bug, and there is really nothing wrong with my network adapter?

Any insight will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-isatap-adapter-4-vista-537061.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I found yellow mark for the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter under the Device Manager in Windows 7.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hi,

Go to HP site and download the network card driver manually. Or let me know your computer model and I will help you find.

Best Regards,

Niki
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1441eec4-9db6-4d00-a165-0c8052f9ae74/microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 44.72%

I am getting a quot Code quot this device cannot start and a dreaded yellow question mark for something called quot Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter quot cannot Miniport Adapter Tun Microsoft start in the Network Adapters section of my PC's Device Manager I run Win XP PRo SP and I have on-board LAN Intel PRO CT I connect peer-to-peer to a LAN via a switch and I Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter cannot start have Internet access through a gateway router Despite the fact I have a modem connected to my PC there are no connections present that could be Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter cannot start using it The only other connection present is the Adapter no wireless networks etc I do not need to have any network bridge I seem to have full LAN and WAN functionality - I am simply annoyed by this discrepancy I checked out my registry even tried to remove quot tunmp quot from HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services and ControlSet etc but to no avail I will greatly appreciate your expert advice Please help me

A:Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter cannot start

Try this:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-tun-miniport-adapter-cannot-start-101894.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, i dont have a problem but rather looking for information on Microsoft Loopback Adapter, (and yes i tried google, but it wasnt as helpful as i thought.)
I'm want to find out about using Microsoft Loopback Adapter, it would be required for a database (Oracle Database 10g Express Edition).

* Specifically i want to know if installing it could cause problems, (if done incorrectly and precautions i can take before installing), with my internet connection or any other system configurations. better to be safe than sorry..

* Could someone explain with it does and how it does it?

* And could installing Microsoft Loopback Adapter cause problems with regular internet connection?

ADDITIONAL info:

* *Also i do not have a network card and therefore i plug my modem into my USB drive
* I do not have any other computers on a LAN

Thank you in advance!

A:Need information about Microsoft Loopback Adapter

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx

http://windowsitpro.com/article/arti...ql-server.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-information-about-microsoft-loopback-adapter-433478.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
I have Windows 8. The Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter is not working. From what I have read, I need this adapter. I have tried updating the driver, uninstalling/reinstalling, I tried to make the "peer networking group" start in services and nothing I do seems to work. IN services I do not have the "edit" option to reset a value to 0. If someone could help me  fix this issue,I would be forever grateful. Thank you.

Press the Windows key  and the R key to open the Search programs and files box.

Typs ins services.msc, this will appear under Programs, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.

In the following three services double click on the service, then click on Properties.

Make sure the Startup Type is set to Automatic, and under Service status is Running.

Click on Apply, then OK.

Peer Name resolution Protocol

Peer Networking Grouping

PNRP Machine Name Publication Service

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556776/microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Just joined this forum I am going crazy trying to figure out why my bluetooth device RFCOMM Protocol TDI is not working anymore It used to work now it doesn't I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it microsoft adapter missing #4 isatap says that I have the most updated driver for it but the driver is from and I also uninstalled the Microsoft isatap adapter and can't find to install it again Both those missing microsoft isatap adapter #4 devices are not working because it says windows could not update them I can't even find any new updated drivers from Microsoft I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S I have tried everything to figure out whats wrong but nothing helps I am thinking that the adapter is something I need but can't find it to reinstall it Also I ran a driver update and it is saying I have drivers that are ancient and why aren't they updated either with windows update or Toshiba service station Which by the way is not working right now either Thanks in advance for any help with this

A:missing microsoft isatap adapter #4

ISATAP is a addressing protocol used with IPv4 and IPv6 so they can talk. To enable go to Control Panel > Network Connections > then Right Click on your Network Adapter > Properties > it maybe unchecked then just click on the IPv6 check box.

However I don't think this will fix your Bluetooth issue, the Bluetooth chip may have died.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/missing-microsoft-isatap-adapter-4-a-675559.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I didn't manage to find the article on the Microsoft adapter until i had given up and uninstalled it, thinking it was causing trouble. Being new to the net, i didn't really know what it was, and thought it was something I had installed myself. Yeah. Right! So, unlike everything else I had uninstalled, it has disappeared, and I can't trace it to reinstall it. Can anyone tell me what to do? Before it disappeared I managed to write down that it is Microsoft IDSATAP Adaptor, olug and play ID=ROOT\*ISATAP\0004. I have no idea whether that helps or not, it certainly hasn't helped me to track it down so far.
I have an Acer notebook, aspire47102, with windows vista basic. The article I referred to =932520,last review March 15, 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-re-install-microsoft-isatap-adapter.615405/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does anyone have this device on their system?

This is different than the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter that sometimes pops up. And there does not appear to be info about this adapter when searching the internets.

If I uninstall it, it just comes back. Disabling does not seem to cause any errors and that's what I've done for the moment.

Just wondering how it got added.

A:Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

It most likely installed with your drivers for the wireless connection. I'm not sure why it installed WIFI direct virtual adaptor rather than the Msoft WIFI virtual mini port adaptor.

The mini port adaptor can cause connection problems on some systems unless it's disabled.

You should be able to uninstall it completely by following the link below.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport | eHow.com

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/7051-microsoft-wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an error code 10 with my Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, so I don't know what to do with it.  Tried re-installing it, and nothing happened.

I want to know if the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter is useful, and what does it do?  Does it matter if I just completely uninstall it?

I heard it has something to do with IPv4 and IPv6, but I don't know the difference between the two.

I tried LAN quake, and it works, so I don't really know how important the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter is to my laptop.

A:What does the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter do, and is it useful?

Teredo tunneling is a transition technology that gives full IPv6 connectivity for IPv6-capable hosts which are on the IPv4 Internet but which have no direct native connection to an IPv6 network. At the moment most home systems connected to the internet do not have native IPv6 connectivity and as more websites move to the new system teredo tunneling needs to be used so our IPv4 sytsems can have access and process IPv6 address data.
The limitations of IPv4 mean that over the next few years the world would run out of new internet addresses so hence the move to IPv6. Teredo tunneling is intended to be only a temporary measure: in the long term, all IPv6 hosts should use native IPv6 connectivity. ISP's have a lot of work to do still before this becomes reality though.
The reality is that at the moment you can get away without it. I have IPv6 disabled on my network to avoid confusion with legacy machine equipment, I've never missed it in the slightest... Not saying this won't change in the future though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537181/what-does-the-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-do-and-is-it-useful/
Relevancy 44.72%

So in my device manager under Network Adapters my Isatap adapter isn't working I am getting a code which states quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device quot I have tried updating the driver -It tells me I am up code 5- Microsoft 31 ISATAP Adapter to date The option to roll back the driver is greyed out I have tried adding the legacy software -It seems to install without issue but the error Microsoft ISATAP Adapter 5- code 31 and yellow triangle with by my adapter stays there If I am in normal mode and try to access the internet my computer freezes Mouse keys screen and everything Even though my internet connection is very good I am using an Asus U E bit w Windows home premium My laptop did not come with a disk to reinstall the operating system with and I am not sure what to do from this point Any suggestions on how I could fix this problem would be appreciated Thanks

A:Microsoft ISATAP Adapter 5- code 31

If you can post the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299269-microsoft-isatap-adapter-5-code-31-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I cannot get the Microsoft Loopback Adapter to work properly I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with the same results My system is a eMachines T- Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack In XP s Device Manager the Loopback Adapter shows up with a yellow exclamation mark When I look at the properties for this I get Device type not Adapter Microsoft Loopback working Unknown Microsoft Loopback Adapter not working Manufacturer Microsoft Location Unknown Device status quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot The Driver tab gives me these details on the driver Driver Provider Microsoft Driver Date Driver Version Digital Signer Microsoft Windows Publisher When I click on the Driver Details button I get this Driver files C WINDOWS system DRIVERS loop sys where it s supposed to be File version xpclient - ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The machine I bought did not come with an XP cd so I cannot reinstall update the driver from the disk I have tried to find an updated driver on the Microsoft website and others but cannot find a later version Additionally when I run Karen s Computer Profiler v http www karenware com I get this info Interface MS TCP Loopback interface Index Type Loopback Diagnostic MTU bytes Speed Mbps Admin Status Up MAC Address lt none gt IP Address Packets Sent Error Packets Sent Send Error Rate Packets Received Error Packets Received Receive Error Rate Notice the Admin Status is quot up quot I have been through the quot Installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter quot instructions and tried every variation I could find Nothing seems to work Who is gonna be my hero Much thanks in advance Metalhed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-loopback-adapter-not-working.685335/
Relevancy 44.72%

my computer is an aspire g with a broadcom n network adaptor broadcom netlink tm gigabit ethernet On a windows operating system The internet adaptor associated working 6to4 not hardware and was working fine the day before but when I switched it on today the internet only had limited connectivity im connecting to a mobile wireless modem wirelessly thru wifi as I have no hard line connection so I troubleshooted it did some research to try and work out a fix but all to no avail the problem seems to be this- all the network adaptors as follows have a corrupted or missing code microsoft to adaptor microsoft isatap adaptor microsoft isatap adaptor microsoft teredo tunneling adaptor wan miniport ikev I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling them which claims they are not available to reinstall I have tried entering the following in the cmd netsh in to set state disable yet that did nothing so i enabled it again I have tried the hotfix recommended by microsoft for the to error yet it failed to install 6to4 adaptor and associated hardware not working after running nearly to the end I have tried a system restore to a date earlier then the problem appeared I have tried checking the registry Start - Run amp Type regedit amp Click Continue amp in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Select Parameters amp Confirm whether there is a value named DisabledComponents but there was no disabled components there I have tried reinstalling the chipset I have tried backing up my computer and attempting to restore the computer to factory settings as a last resort but it wont allow me to back up the files on an external hard drive as I got another error message for that I have tried 6to4 adaptor and associated hardware not working powering of the modem I have tried checking for updates to uninstall but there was no updates prior to when it stopped working maybe I am retarded but nothing seems to work can anybody help me get the internet connected to my wireless modem ps this post is regarding my wifes laptop mine is working fine thk god and so is the internet modem so its definetley a problem on the other laptop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6to4-adaptor-and-associated-hardware-not-working.1090424/
Relevancy 44.72%

First a little introduction I think I run a small PC repair business for home and business clients and I consider and 6to4 madness (advanced!) Vista networking to be one of my strongest points Now I have this Vista machine that won t send receive any network traffic through it s ethernet port After checking the interface list in ipconfig all I found a huge amount of to adapters they were up to Local Area Connection which immediately sent warning bells I figured this is probably what s causing the problems so set about determining why Trying to ping anything at this point gives General Failure It also won t print a routing table I forgot the error it gave First things first check the device manager list and uninstall the to virtual adapters Strangely there are only four in the list Once removed and restarted these Vista and 6to4 madness (advanced!) reappeared So I uninstalled the actual adapter too and restarted Bingo no more to adapters Or so device manager says They still show up in ipconfig Ok so they re being difficult I figure my customer isn t gonna need ipv functionality anyway so I remove the ipv protocol from the adapter s configuration Still no joy Gonna have to get ugly Open up netsh gt interface gt ipv gt uninstall hang on wheres the uninstall command Has it been removed in vista Vista and 6to4 madness (advanced!) Then I noticed there s a to section So I m going around netsh doing set state disabled to anything ipv related and it s accepting the commands fine Check to see if anything s changed to adapters still there but hang on ping now says Transmit Failed error Huh Try removing the interfaces manually using netsh gt interface gt ipv gt delete interface name command Returns quot catastrophic failure quot Let s see if it lets me in the routing table now - bingo it prints me a routing table - but of course the ipv and ipv tables are seperate and the only thing amiss is the default address microsoft assigns to adapters that fail DHCP OK - wits end Restart and disable the network adapter from bios Open CMD and check - yep to adapters still there I hate to give up but I m now totally lost Done a boot time scan just to make sure it s not just the latest evil malware designed to annoy network techies Totally clean If anyone can spot anything I haven t tried and it works you ll have made my entire week nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

So I now realized that disabling the Teredo Tunneling service/adapter in Device Manager might have been a bad mistake. Had some scary moments where I was not sure if my computer wasn't accepting the new connection, or my wireless USB adapter was dying.

I enabled 6to4 I believe, and IPv6 through a step I found here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nterface/754c8f29-3a87-4e77-babd-a69c8910e17e

Though I'm noticing that the adapter for the Teredo Tunneling Service still says it won't start. (Error 10) and whenever I try to update the drivers it says they are up to date.

So I'm not sure if checking my registry (my current step I am on) will fix the Tunneling service and help stabilize my PCs connection, or if it's going to patch one thing but leave this service dangling by a thread not doing anything.

Any advice and maintenance tips would be very appreciated! Still trying to get this working so I can take some online IT courses.

A:IPv6, 6to4, and Other Networking Issues

Update: I followed the rest of the steps and updated the registry to allow IPv6. From there things seemed more stable but when I check the network status after the net going down it says IPv6 doesn't connect. When I tried troubleshooting (the auto troubleshooting function of Win7) I got a BSOD:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

the other photo is blurry, but later I can try and upload a photo via photobucket for anyone to check out. As per a google search on what the BSOD is, I found it stopped 4-5 services and shut down. (really long hex codes.)

one sort of looks like: 0xFFFFF0200220550F, but the quality isn't that great, and I have no idea if that's accurate.

I'll check my dump file I copy-pasted and post later. Any advice and help would be appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ipv6-6to4-and-other-networking-issues.203936/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All,
I have a Microsoft usb wireless, xbox360 controller I use on Win7. I have tried to install on Win8, but get a cannot install error.

Has anybody got any advise on using such a device with win8.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Gavatar

A:Xbox360 Wireless controller. USB Microsoft adapter.

Had the same issue with my 360 controller got it working with drivers found online. My PS3 controller worker no problem though oddly enough.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4956-xbox360-wireless-controller-usb-microsoft-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Folks I am using Windows I was having problems while trying to host a wireless network off of my laptop using a program called Virtual Router I went through a variety of troubleshooting steps recommended online with no luck In the end I thought that the culprit may have been some problem with quot Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter quot a piece of hardware that only shows up in Device Manager when you click on view- gt show hidden devices The troubleshooting tips had recommended updating the driver for it I checked to see if the drivers were Adapter Hosted Virtual gone Network Microsoft is up to date Windows said they were fine so I figured that the next step would be to uninstall and reinstall quot Microsoft Hosted Virtual Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone Network Adapter quot I right clicked and selected uninstall The device disappeared from my device list I searched for new hardware that needed to Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone be installed with no luck I was surprised by Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone this Then I noticed something listed as quot Unknown device quot at the bottom of the network adapters list I have tried to update driver software and scan for hardware changes Windows doesn't seem to know what it is and is saying that it needs me to direct it to a particular file on a disk I have no such file and searches of the internet to find it turn up nothing Does anyone know where I can find the driver Or does anyone know how I can restore quot Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter quot in my list of devices

A:Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone

Just to be clear, I have already tried restarting several times throughout this whole process.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70535-microsoft-hosted-virtual-network-adapter-gone.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I can no longer create a hotspot since I updated to windows 10. Microsoft Hosted Network Adapter doesn't appear on Device Manager so I can't fix it using the suggestions google gives. This is stressing me out!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Microsoft-Hosted-Network-Adapter-missing-after-updating-to/td-p/432701/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.29%

Help!
I am having an issue with my LENOVO WIN7 Desktop computer. My mouse stop working and I noticed an exclamation point in my device driver for Microsoft Tunneling Adapter. Like an "***" I deleted it and now my mouse will not work and so its hard to go through the motions to repair it. ( not that good with the short-cut buttons). I have an WINDOWS DRIVERS PACK V2.5 , I thought it had the proper drivers on it but it had mini-directories and I have no clue which is which or how to load it. Would ANYONE know how to fix this? I did make a repair disk, gonna try that next...Here is the info for the driver:::::::
Microsoft Driver Version 6.1. 7600.16385 / c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\tunnel.sys
I'll be checking for ANY response.....Thank you in advance. I know someone can feel my misery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter.1138377/
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I've installed the new windows 10 version 1511 update, everything seems to be working fine except for one thing.

This would be my "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2" driver, because prior to the installation of the new update it was working just fine. It seems that is not the case now, as windows claims that it's not functioning properly and has given it a "code 45" flag.

Is there anyway to fix this, or this a problem that's inherent with the new update and can only be fixed by its developers later?

Any advice on my situation would be appreciated, thank you.

I shall also provide pictorial examples to to better express my issue.

A:Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 - Code 45

Did you try to just uninstall that offending virtual WiFi adapter #2 and forget about it?

Or maybe a better idea would be to just uninstall both of your virtual WiFi adapters and then just do "Scan for hardware changes" to make Windows discover and reinstall it from scratch.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/31875-microsoft-wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter-2-code-45-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear All,

I have a sony Vaio VPCZ and I'm having some problem with the Gobi 2000 installation,

in the device manager under network I get a warning sign to the "Microsoft ISATAP Adapter"
also the Qualcomm Gobi 2000 HS-USB Mobile Broadband Device 9225,

and under modem the Qualcomm Gobi 2000 modem device is working properly,

A:Microsoft ISATAP Adapter windows 7 Ultimate

read this post on the Vista Forums: Microsoft ISATAP adapter - Page 2 - Vista Forums specifically the bottom line bit,

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/84030-microsoft-isatap-adapter-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 44.29%

in my network connections folder, i have wireless network connection 2 under which it says microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter.

whats the use of this adapter??????????

A:microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter

Hello kf10,

Here's what I found about it.

Windows 7 adds native Virtual WiFi technology from Microsoft Research – istartedsomething

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236341-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently found a hacker program on my PC causing all kinds of trouble. Called Iminent. So far have been able to get rid of it but now I seem to have lost the above program - teredo tunneling adapter and cannot find a way to re-install it. Have looked at Microsoft but instructions are so confusing and I am not an IT wizard. Where can I find the driver for this adapter and how do I download it? thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Driver

Without getting to technical. Teredro tunneling adapter protocol. Is the ability to do ipv6 tunneling over ipv4. It usually is installed by default, but since you had issues you probably reinstalled your nic card and ipv6 wasn't installed. So you go to start, run & type in ncpa.cpl hit enter. This brings up your nic card adapters. If you have both a regualr wired nic and a wifi nic then you need to select which one you're using. Right click the adapter and to go to properties. The list is made up of client/service/protocol.

After pressing the install button you can select which type to install client/service/protocol In your case you want a protocol. After choosing protcol another list opens and you should see IPv6 in there. You select it and press ok/apply. If nothing is listed then you need to download the right driver for your pc.

Typically by default this is what you would see for a regular wired nic card after opening properties....

(client)
Client For Microsoft

(service)
PC Network Filter Driver
RRnetcap Driver
QOS Packet Scheduler
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

(Protocols)
Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525450/microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-driver/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have installed windows 8.1 on my Dell dimension 9150. I have all of the drivers apart from my graphics card driver because it isn't supported in Windows 8.1.

Is is there any way I can set the resolution to 1366x768 without a driver?

A:Microsoft basic display adapter, 1366x768?

Short of getting a video card that's supported by Win 8.1, no.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/56770-microsoft-basic-display-adapter-1366x768.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently bought a pretty old, upgraded desktop that came running Windows 8. It's fine for what I need but I can't find the ancient Radeon 1200 graphics card in device manager. I'd only really need it so my son can play some basic games that work on another even older PC I use. I know it's unlikely being so old but can anyone please tell me if there is there a fix at all for this? Thanks

A:Am I stuck with Microsoft basic display adapter?

You sure are. AMD stopped putting driver's out for HD 4000 series and prior video cards before Windows 8 was released.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/38403-am-i-stuck-microsoft-basic-display-adapter.html
Relevancy 44.29%

After doing a Microsoft update I now have this yellow error next to the Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter#2. What is the fix?

Before I installed the update I had Teredo Tunnelling Error. It does not seem to be effecting the computer wondering if this is important at all.

A:Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter#2 Yellow Sign

Hello, check this out : Tun miniport adapter &#35;2 in vista&#63; - Microsoft Answers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294885-microsoft-tun-miniport-adapter-2-yellow-sign.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i was using the inbuilt hotspot for days and one day, i found it not working
so, i checked it up and found the microsoft hosted network virtual adapter is missing, which is essential to run any hosted networks. may be i have accidentally deleted/uninstalled it
it's very crucial to  me and i want it to be rectified. i've  been checking online for any possibe solution that has gone in vain, for 2 days now.
could you please help me out soon how to reinstall/ get it back

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f393e7e4-4a2f-4aa4-9b32-32c12a9f3019/lost-microsoft-hosted-network-adapter?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello All I am Adapter Microsoft Not Display PC 8.1 Wireless Detecting having an issue with my 8.1 PC Not Detecting Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter wireless display adapter I cant get my pc to pick up the adapter My build specs identical to this build How I Built My Custom Photo Video Editing PC for Under Motherboard ASUS M A FX PRO R CPU AMD FX- Black Edition Graphics Card Sapphire Radeon R GB DDR Gb Ram Windows Updated as of last night The issue is pairing the device For some reason I cant even get it to show up on my Add Devices list I click quot Add Device quot but it doesnt find any devices At one point I picked 8.1 PC Not Detecting Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter up a phone so it CAN detect devices but for some reason it doesn t see the adapter Ive updated windows to the most recent update and still cant get the thing to work The TV shows the adapter and says quot ready to connect quot but when I open the wireless display app Which I downloaded from the WinStore it says that the device is not connected paired Not sure if it matters but I was able to detect my chromecast through the same computer although that is a wifi connection I think Today I brought the Microsoft adapter with me to work and verified that the adapter does work with my buddy s android phone Downloaded a miracast app and it connected instantly Is there another way I can try to find the device with the computer What else can I try I looked for solutions online and found nothing helpful Thanks in advance for the help -Jonny

Relevancy 44.29%

hi there guys,

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit...

i would like to know why the Wireless Connection gets weird numbers, i believe it has a reference with the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter....

i mean, device manager it says #7 and #8 but from the task manager it says #8 and #9...

not a massive annoyance but what if i wanted to rename them to 1 and 2? it would make me happier..

please see attached screen caps. PC works great, i can totally live with it, but well, just to have things "the right way", if is easy i wouldnt mind to fix it...

thanks
Gab

A:Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #8 or #9??

If you are familiar with regedit, open it and go to key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\Descriptions

where xxxx is, I think, a system-specific CLSID number. You will find the names of the network interfaces there, with all the ###s. You can edit them there by clicking modify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226654-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter-8-9-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been having networking problems for the past couple of months but nothing serious, until I bought a new printer and ran across this adapter, now Im guessing this thing is built in, I have been doing all kinds of research on it, and have tried every "fix" that I have seen and nothing has worked! REGEDIT fix hasn't worked, uninstall and reinstall hasn't worked, an update driver hasn't worked, im at a wall, im not an idiot but im not and IT Pro I know my way around the PC pretty well.

A:Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Code 10

I have also gotten a code 31 but I think I some how fixed it

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336719-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi got a Toshiba satellite c650 laptop my OS is windows 7 my printer is  not responding which  is a Kodak 3.1 hero all in 1. Went  in to device and printers  and found a message there is a problem with the driver  for Microsoft Teredo  tunneling adapter reinstall the driver don't know how and is this why my printer is not responding? 

A:Microsoft Teredo tunneling adapter erro 10

To reinstall the adapter...

1. Go to device manager OR Hold  the Windows Key and Press R. In the run dialog that opens, type hdwwiz.cpl and Click OK.

2. Once in the Device Manager -> Click Network Adapters

3. Right click the adapter from the list and Uninstall

4.  Then click the Actions tab from the top and select “Add Legacy Hardware”

5.  Click Next and Next again and Next again (it will not find anything, so do not worry). You will then be taken to Common Hardware types, select.

6. Scroll down and select Network Adapters then Click Next. You will now be taken  to the Add Hardware dialog.

7. Now from the Manufacturer tab select Microsoft then from the Network Adapter tab select Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter and Click Next.

8. After you click Next, Click Next again then Click Finish.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584507/microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-erro-10/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello i am years old so i don't exactly have lots of experience with all this I am having a problem which i could use help with Lately i have been using the Microsoft virtual network adapter im sure heard of it I wrote a small batch file for the purpose of starting the network ill copy and paste it in at the bottom now this program worked perfectly for about a month but now i cant get a device to Microsoft network not adapter working virtual connect to the network as nothing can obtain an ip address Microsoft virtual network adapter not working What i did to troubleshoot I changed the ip settings from dhcp to static this allowed me to connect to the network but i couldn't access the internet I checked the properties of the network from the control panel and it shows that my network is sending packets but is not receiving any I tried running windows troubleshooting on the network and it tells me that the network does not have a valid ip configuration even though it is set dhcp I tried typing the following into cmd quot netsh interface ip reset quot in return i get quot C Windows system gt netsh interface ip reset Resetting Global OK Resetting Interface OK Resetting Unicast Address OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting Route OK Resetting failed Access is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action quot why does it say resetting failed followed by access denied i think this is the cause of quot failed to obtain ip address problem but why then does it not allow internet connectivity through the static ip settings is there something i have missed or is something corrupt maybe I also tried going to device manager and uninstalling the network adapter from their then allowing windows to find it and re-install the driver Thank you for having the patients to read this far As i said at the beginning i would copy paste my program here so you can see exactly what im trying to do here Thanks again Code code span style color span style color BB span span style color echo nbsp span span style color BB off br color nbsp a br br br span span style color span span style color BB beginning br span span style color echo nbsp span span style color BB To nbsp Create nbsp a nbsp Hotspot nbsp with nbsp the nbsp name nbsp span span style color DD hotspot nbsp span span style color and br echo nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB a nbsp password nbsp of nbsp span span style color DD nbsp span span style color BB just nbsp press nbsp ENTER nbsp to nbsp the nbsp first nbsp two br span span style color echo nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB options br span span style color echo nbsp nbsp span span style color FF br span span style color BB set nbsp span span style color span span style color BB p nbsp ssid span span style color span span style color BB Enter nbsp name nbsp span span style color for nbsp span span style color BB your nbsp network span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB set nbsp ssid span span style color span span style color BB hotspot br set nbsp span span style color span span style color BB p nbsp key span span style color span span style color BB Enter nbsp password nbsp span span style color for nbsp span span style color BB network span span style color span span style color BB must nbsp be nbsp nbsp characters nbsp span span style color or nbsp span span style color BB longer span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB set nbsp key span span style color span span style color BB br netsh nbsp wlan nbsp set nbsp hostednetwork nbsp mode span span style color span span style color BB allow nbsp ssid span span style color span span style color BB ssid span span style color nbsp span span style color BB key span span style color span span style color BB key span span style color br span span style color BB netsh nbsp wlan nbsp start nbsp hosted nbsp network br span span style color span span style color BB refresh br netsh nbsp wlan nbsp show nbsp hostednetwork br ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26323-microsoft-virtual-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently, with no explanation, windows vista installed a new adapter (Microsoft ISATAP Adapter) but this was unsuccessful as it appears on my device manager with a yellow explanation mark saying it is not functioning properly because it cannot load the drivers (error code 31).
I've read that I can safely ignore this issue but I would really like to get rid of the yellow explanation mark.
When I try to update drivers it says the latest drivers are already installed and up to date.

What can I do to get rid of this yellow explanation mark, get the adapter installed successfuly and never reappear the problem again?
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Nuno Magalh?es.

A:Microsoft ISATAP Adapter installation problems

Welcome
In device manager, try roll back to previous version, if that version did actually work properly.
Then set windows upadater to notify and not install. When the updated version is downloaded, right click on it and set it to hide

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/296465-microsoft-isatap-adapter-installation-problems.html