Windows Support Forum

Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade

Q: Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade

HELP I actuall have two problems Firstly I had been having the worst problems with my mouse which lead to me to thinking that I should reinstall win k with the possiblity that this would solve everything The mouse is sticking and it takes - clicks to get it activated again Then when it is idle it seems to pull find and to the is Win2k stuck Cant want info upgrade upgrade I in to the top or side or bottom of the page on its own I have cleaned the ball tried another mouse and uninstalled all the sp upgrades I had done It also happens when I go into WinMe which lead me Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade to believe that it is not a win k prob but thought I would give Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade it a try anyway I installed the win k cd and choose upgrade WELL it now says that quot Setup cannot locate the Windows installation you want to upgrade Contact your system administrator quot I cannot get back to windows k as it keeps trying to install upgrade I am using Partition Magic Dual Boot and if I could get back to my drive c the duel boot now makes drive f drive c I could at least backup the important stuff I would appreciate any help to get out of this situation Looking forward to any and all replies Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-cant-find-info-i-want-to-upgrade-and-is-stuck-in-the-upgrade.107749/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 91.16%

HELP I actuall have two problems Firstly I had been having the worst problems with my mouse which lead to me to Setup is trying?? to win can't locate Win2k want I the installation upgrade and stuck thinking that I should reinstall win k with the possiblity that this would solve everything The mouse is sticking and it takes - clicks to get it activated again Then when it is idle it seems to pull to the top Win2k Setup can't locate the win installation I want to upgrade and is stuck trying?? or side or bottom of the page on its own I have cleaned the ball tried another mouse and uninstalled all the sp upgrades I had done It also happens when I go into WinMe which lead me to believe that it is not a win k prob but thought I would give it a try Win2k Setup can't locate the win installation I want to upgrade and is stuck trying?? anyway I tried to re-install the win k cd and choose upgrade WELL it now says that quot Setup cannot locate the Windows installation you want to upgrade Contact your system administrator quot I cannot get back to windows k as it keeps trying to install upgrade I am using Partition Magic Dual Boot and if I could get back to my drive c the duel boot now makes drive f drive c I could at least backup the important stuff I would appreciate any help to get out of this situation Looking forward to any and all replies Thanks in advance P S Sorry for posting again but the first Subject Header isn t too clear JUST FIGURED OUT THE MOUSE PROBLEM It needed new batteries I feel like such a dummy It took my computer illiterate hubby to ask the obvious question quot Are the batteries ok quot HaHa I said - it is a wireless - doesn t need batteries - then I checked Win2k Setup can't locate the win installation I want to upgrade and is stuck trying?? the product material and low and behold - there it was in black and white quot Takes two AAA batteries quot LOL Othere problem remains in serious need of assistance though nbsp

A:Win2k Setup can't locate the win installation I want to upgrade and is stuck trying??

Still haven't been able to fix the prob yet. I just tried the w2k setup and pressed f8 to accept the license agreement. On the next screen I was not prompted to repair an existing w2k installation.

I was offered the following:

To setup w2 press enter.
To create a partition in the un-partitioned space press C
To delete a partition press D

Drive info as follows:

29307 MB Disk 0 @ Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi
Inactive (os/2 Boot Manager) 29298 MB
Unpartitioned space 8 MB

12426 MB Disk 0 at Id 1 on bus 0 on atapi

C: Fat 32 (Win-Me) 11421 MB (2901 MB Free)
D: Fat 1004 MB (537 MB Free)

Any other ideas out there. My Christmas wish is to have this fixed before the week-end.

Any SANTA’S out there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-setup-cant-locate-the-win-installation-i-want-to-upgrade-and-is-stuck-trying.107757/
Relevancy 76.11%

We have from? info where a User Win2k computer a do how out you find on or: hard drive came a client we think whose computer has gotten lost in the shop for about a month Upon discovering it buried under a mess of boxes in the corner we ve been trying to determine who it belongs to and what they wanted us to do with it But there s no name no work ticket and the computer is not in our Commit software The computer does not boot we suspect the motherboard has failed so I ve pulled the computer s hard drive to see if I could glean any clue as to who owned it from its files All that is on the hard drive is what looks to be a clean installation of Win k and a user name quot Mike Higgens quot We have no record of any person by that name in our files Short of looking up and calling every Mike Higgens in the phone book are there other places I might look on this hard drive to determine where this computer came from nbsp

A:User info on a Win2k hard drive or: how do you find out where a computer came from?

Hi
Any PST files for Outlook, any thing in the Documents folder, any DBX files for outlook express, try any restore program on the drive and see if anything turns up.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-info-on-a-win2k-hard-drive-or-how-do-you-find-out-where-a-computer-came-from.74783/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey Gang,

I have two operating systems on my computer, Win98 and WinXP. I'm trying to upgrade the Win98 os to the Win2k os but it won't let me because I already have two os's installed and it might affect 'shared files"

Can anyone give me a workaround for this?

Thanks,
HULK!

A:Can't Upgrade to Win2k with 2 OS's

You have an upgrade w2k disc? You can still install w2k if there's no os on the partition. It'll just ask you at some stage to verify you have the 98 disc. I've loaded w2k onto blank patitions and just had to pop in my 98 disc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-upgrade-to-win2k-with-2-oss.495118/
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently upgraded from Windows ME to Windows 2000 pro.

I have several issue, help on any will be appreciated.

1. 2 yellow ? hardware devices will not ( PCI device, and PCI Simple Communication Controller)

2. Norton Antivirus 2003 will not install. It gets through the entire installation, and then the progress bar scrolls backwards without any prompts or anything.

3. The system bogs down periodically, and I am forced to restart 3-4 times per day (sometimes manually).

Thanks for any help
Dustin

A:Win2k Upgrade

Dmon2000 said:

I recently upgraded from Windows ME to Windows 2000 pro.

I have several issue, help on any will be appreciated.

1. 2 yellow ? hardware devices will not ( PCI device, and PCI Simple Communication Controller)

2. Norton Antivirus 2003 will not install. It gets through the entire installation, and then the progress bar scrolls backwards without any prompts or anything.

3. The system bogs down periodically, and I am forced to restart 3-4 times per day (sometimes manually).

Thanks for any help
Dustin Click to expand...

Did you do a clean install and erase everything on the hard drive? If you are having problems and you did not do that, I would consider it.

For those yellow flags, just go into advanced on your hardware and click on those flags and reinstall the drivers with the floppies that should have come with your mobo/computer...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-upgrade.305197/
Relevancy 70.95%

I recentally ugraded and computer from ME to 2K. Now when I try to even get to the desktop I am prompted to a log in. There is nothing for me to log in with. No username nor password. I can use options and I am promted to a dial up connection window. The comp is not even wired for Internet access. I have never seen anything like this before and Ideas? Also I can't even get into safe mode. Thanks.

Relevancy 70.95%

I want to upgrade my PC's OS. Currently I'm running Windows 2000 Professional and I want to upgrade it to Windows XP Professional. All my hardware meets the HCL and I have at least the minimum system requirements.

Is it best to purchase the full version of XP Pro and upgrade?

Is it better to purchase the "Upgrade Only" version?

Will upgrading wipe-out, disable, damage or render unusable any programs or data files that I currently have on my system.

If something goes wrong, is there a vehicle where by I can return to using WIN2K?

Relevancy 70.09%

The situation is this: I want to upgrade a system to Win2k. The system is currently running ME with 380 meg RAM. I have a fully functional version of Win2k. Can I slave the ME drive to the 2k and transfer data? Or should I zip the data files and transfer by long hand. Any suggestions here would be welcome. Thanks!

A:WinME to Win2K upgrade

You should be able to slave the WinME drive and transfer whatever data you want. Just be aware that you cannot transfer installed programs this way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winme-to-win2k-upgrade.198662/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all,

I have windows 98 on my pc and I want to dual boot it with Win2k. I load up 98 and insert the disk, tell it I want to upgrade, and I get the following error.... "winnt32a.dll is missing or corrupted, setup cannot continue."

What can I do at this point? I even tried copying the installation files from the i386 folder onto my hard drive, and then I replaced the winnt32a.dll file with one from my Windows 2000 Server disk, but this didn't work, same error message.

Anyone got any ideas how to make it work? If I boot up with a win98 startup disk and run winnt for a clean install, do I ever get the chance to pick the partition I want to install windows 2000 into? Can I create a dual boot in this way?

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Relevancy 70.09%

My computer is the following,

amd 550
128mb ram
tnt2 16mb graphics card
home use, no networking

I have win98 installed right now, and I am finding that its starting to give me the blue screen of death more and more. Can't decide if I should reinstall win98 (overtop existing system or clean install), or install win2k (overtop win98 or a clean install).

With my amd 550, is this fast enough for win2K, or will I notice it to be a bit slower when I run things such as games? If its gonna slow things down, I'II just stick with win98.

Any thoughts.............

Relevancy 69.23%

Any idea of how to uninstall win98...
I tried to upgrade my OS from win98 to win2k(chinese version) due to certain reasons, but it wouldnt let me, so i have chosen to reinstall it instead of upgrading. Now i ended up having 2 operatings system in my C: drive. I know it is alright to have 2 operating systems but i am facing hard disk space problem..can anyone help..

A:problem upgrade win98 to win2k

If you wanted to do a clean install of Windows 2000, you would have had to delete the partition that Windows 98 was on during the install. You have to make sure you confirm the partition deletion. Then recreated a new partition and format the drive.

Black Viper has a really nice tutorial on doing a clean install of windows 2000. Just as a warning this will remove everything from your hard drive, so backup before you do this.

http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/Install2kPro/install2kpro1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-upgrade-win98-to-win2k.175641/
Relevancy 69.23%

problem now sorted!

A:NT4-win2k server upgrade problems

That's the shortest post I've ever seen!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt4-win2k-server-upgrade-problems.81493/
Relevancy 69.23%

Greetings all.

I usually hang out in the other OS forum that applies to my current OS of win98se. However, since I upgraded all of my hardware about six months ago, I neglected to do a reinstallation of win98se and have been becoming more frustrated with the instability.

So now, I am faced with a choice of:
1) reinstall Win98SE and other software and subsequently experience the eons of time to download the upgrades and patches

2) install Win 2000 Pro (provided from a friend who has upgraded to XP) and and subsequently experience the eons of time to download the upgrades and patches
I'm kind of leaning towards Win 2K because of the matured handing of USB, but other than that, what does it have over Win 98SE?

I'm open to any information or opinion you may have--serious or cynical (afterall, we're all geeks here, aren't we?
).

Thanks in advance!

A:Comments about upgrade from 98SE to Win2K Please

Do you use any DOS based games or programs on a regular basis? If so, you may have problems with Win2k. The NT system doesn't allow programs to access certain resources like Win98 does.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comments-about-upgrade-from-98se-to-win2k-please.117521/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there..

I've done about 5 upgrades of Windows 2000 from various windows OS' and every single time the e-mail that was in the inbox for outlook express no longer appears after the upgrade.. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!

A:Win2k Upgrade: No e-mail in Outlook Express

I too have this problem.. unsure of what the solution is, there is some ideas on Microsoft's website, but noting that helps after the fact.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-upgrade-no-e-mail-in-outlook-express.175063/
Relevancy 68.8%

I run Win98SE on a P4 homebuilt PC. I'm thinking of going to Win2K Pro for various reasons. I don't want to go with Win XP because of all the folderol involved with the registration, etc.

I've reformatted and reinstalled Win98SE a couple times. Would it be better to do the old fdisk/format c: or can I get by installing Win2K Pro over the top of Win98SE?

Would I be opening up a whole new can of worms by doing so?

Pros? Cons? Experiences?

Thanks.

Relevancy 68.8%

I recently upgraded from Win98 to Win2K Pro. The upgrade went very smoothly, except for loosing access to the files on my ZIP disks. My guess is that this is a file format issue, but I can't seem to get around it.

My Win98 installation was a FAT16 file format. I upgraded to NTFS with Win2K. I can access the drive itself, and the Tools disk that came with the drive originally is readible, but my other two disks are not. I don't want to loose the contents of those disks. Any suggetions???

A:Win98 to Win2K upgrade affects ZIP drive

The file format on the hard drive has nothing to do with the file format on the Zip disks. When was the last time you accessed the disks that no longer work? Sometimes Zip disks just go bad.

You should check your drive for the "Click Of Death" problem. Download the utility at this web site.

http://grc.com/clickdeath.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win98-to-win2k-upgrade-affects-zip-drive.50807/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey people, I need some help here, Im tryin to upgrade to Win2000 Professional from Windows 98 (DONT LAUGH) and I have some compatibility issues.
Could anyone tell me how I can get a Dell Windows 2000 Migration Kit?? (Im in the middle of the jungle...so no Dell Shops here)
If anyones had a similar problem please let me know.......You can email me

Ant help accorded will be highly appreciated

A:Dell Dimension L667r Win2k OS Upgrade....Help

Welcome to TSG!

I hope this advise is not too late, but you should never upgrade from 98 to w2k. All you will get is problems. Back up your data and perform a clean install (you don't have to delete the old windows folder unless you need the disk space). After the clean install, re-install all of your apps. You can then copy your favorites and documents from the windows folder to the new folders under Documents and Settings, or into winnt folder if needed. If you aren't sure you will keep the w2k install, don't change the disk format to NTFS, leave as FAT32. If you want to convert later for security or performance, that is easy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-dimension-l667r-win2k-os-upgrade-help.163653/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, I recently attempted to upgrade from win98 to win2k. Installation seemed to go ok. Note that I did not select to use NTFS. After installation, first boot asked me to reset administrator password. no problems so far. Then I was presented with the usual windows login screen. I entered the password, and it begins to load windows with the "loading personal settings" message. However, then it immediately displays the "saving settings" and dumps me back to the login screen. Safe mode has same behavior, only slower. Note that the password is correct. Typing an incorrect password gives the usual wrong password behavior.

There is a similar thread to this called "Loading Settings...Saving Settings Startup Problem" but is directed at windows XP. I tried the suggestion there of copying userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe but it was not sucessful. Appreciate any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-win98-to-win2k-upgrade-cannot-complete-login.380501/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am having problems with slowness on my new Win k network It is a Windows Small Business Server with less then users This is a new install it was an upgrade from NT but we did a clean install Since the > with Win2k upgrade. Slow performance NT network upgrade the users are complaining of poor network response when opening files on the server I have one user that has some linked Slow network performance with NT > Win2k upgrade. Excel files that takes about seconds to open and Slow network performance with NT > Win2k upgrade. seconds to save No one ever timed how long it took to do before the upgrade but the user is sure that it was close to about seconds The only protocol loaded on the WS is TCP IP but File and Print Sharing is loaded would that use bandwidth I have read posts from other boards that mention setting the Slow network performance with NT > Win2k upgrade. NIC to full duplex instead of Auto Sense When I change the WS from Auto to full the client can no longer talk to the network The server is set to Full From what I gather Auto Sense can cause broadcast storms I just downloaded LanExplorer that is supposed to help an Admin identify storms bottle necks etc but I am not sure what I should be looking for Any ideas or advice nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone, I have spent the entire day troubleshooting this issue and think I have narrowed it down to there possibly being an issue with Win2k, Samba, and passwords.

I upgraded our windows NT DCs to Win2k today and everything seems to be working okay so far, except that no user's home directories are getting mapped. The home directories sit on a Linux box running Samba. We never had any issues with NT or even Win2k professional clients, but as soon as we went with Win2k DCs, problems!!

When you try to map to the Samba server, you get an error stating that it is an invalid username or password and then the "connect as" box pops up for you to enter a user name and password to connect to the share.

What do we need to do to get this resolved, all of your help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!

Pete

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-to-samba-server-from-windows-after-win2k-dc-upgrade-help.111751/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I recently upgraded my compaq perserio from WinME to W2K Pro and the compaq USB keyboard and P/s2 mouse are driving me nuts. When I get the keyboard to work the mouse doesn't work and when I delete all the keyboard drivers/devices and reboot, the mouse will work but the keyboard will not. The keyboard is USB but the mouse plugs into the P/S2 mouse port. When the mouse driver/device loads it does it multiple times in the device manager ( I've attached a picture of the device manager). Please take a look at it and help me if you can, thanks.

A:Solved: USB Keyboard & P/S mouse problems after upgrade from ME to Win2K

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-keyboard-p-s-mouse-problems-after-upgrade-from-me-to-win2k.300091/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I want to upgrade XPS T600 model mms P3 with new processor,memory,power supply. what do I need for this in size

A:Upgrade info

You`d be better off to just leave that rig and buy everything, you`ll need a case, power supply, motherboard, CPU, memory, video card (if not on board the motherboard), a hard drive, and a CD-ROM.
Best bet would be to tell us what you are going to do and what you expect from the system(gamer, internet surf`r etc.) so you don`t over/under buy for what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-info.421454/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello i'm going to try to keep it simple and post as much details as i can atm i have a Intel for info upgrade cpu Need Celeron GHz i want to upgrade it to the best thing i can for under as far as i can see the best processor i can get is a Pentium Dual Core E GHz i'm not wanting to play no top of the line games with this pc atm the pc is used as a server it runs the server fine but it would be nice if it Need info for cpu upgrade had a little more kick Here is the computers specs http speccy piriform com results f dz UKDqaHy nNW and i'm sure this is my board http www asus com product aspx P ID X d NCzH DE vWH Question Do i have to reinstall vista or do a factory reset Question will i have to upgrade my BIOS if so to what version and or a link would be nice Question Will the processor i listed above even work if not whats the best one i can get Question why dose Speccy say my CPU is so hot but when i feel it its not warm Question did i forget or miss anything S

A:Need info for cpu upgrade

Is this a OEM PC like a HP?

121F or about 49c is a touch warm but in the range for a CPU. Your touching the heat sink which should be cooler then the CPU itself.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-info-for-cpu-upgrade-540434.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

I recently bought a brand new pc with windows 8 (from John Lewis) already installed on it, however the motherboard and processor are being upgraded this weekend as they are not good enough for what i want it for, will i have to re install windows when i get it back? as i never got installation disks or anything like that, sorry for being dumb, just not clued up on these things lol

A:Upgrade info

Yes, will need to reinstall, & buy a new product key, as OEM manufacturer product keys are non-transferable to a new motherboard.

What Microsoft won't tell you about Windows 7 licensing | Page 4 | ZDNet

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/29498-upgrade-info.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

My boss has asked me to write in to see if someone can help with a query.

A while ago my boss upgraded his IBM Aptiva (2140 or 2142 - he can't remember!) from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 and since then his speakers on his IBM MM55 monitor (they are attached and form part of the monitor) no longer work, eg he can no longer get sound out of them.

Apparently an IT guy told him that's to be expected and basically there is nothing he can do about it, and can find nothing about a fix on the IBM website, but finds it hard to believe that there is nothing that can be done to fix the supposed glitch.

So, in the vain hope that someone out there might be able to help him, I am writing this asking for your assistance.

Any ideas would be most gratefully appreciated.

Bye for now

Sue

A:IBM Monitor speakers no longer work since Win2k installation/upgrade

closing duplicate thread, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t75774/s0f64128f5737ccceff563c09030f8f23.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-monitor-speakers-no-longer-work-since-win2k-installation-upgrade.75773/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

My boss has asked me to write in to see if someone can help with a query.

A while ago my boss upgraded his IBM Aptiva (2140 or 2142 - he can't remember!) from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 and since then his speakers on his IBM MM55 monitor (they are attached and form part of the monitor) no longer work, eg he can no longer get sound out of them.

Apparently an IT guy told him that's to be expected and basically there is nothing he can do about it, and can find nothing about a fix on the IBM website, but finds it hard to believe that there is nothing that can be done to fix the supposed glitch.

So, in the vain hope that someone out there might be able to help him, I am writing this asking for your assistance.

Any ideas would be most gratefully appreciated.

Bye for now

Sue

A:IBM Monitor speakers no longer work since Win2k installation/upgrade

should be an option to change the speaker output in control panel/sounds and multimedia/audio tab/playback tab/advanced button, try monitor stereo setting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-monitor-speakers-no-longer-work-since-win2k-installation-upgrade.75774/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an old (Pentium 233) NT 4.0 server. We want to get a new (Pentium III 733) and put Windows 2000 Server on it. I can get the upgrade with 10 users for MUCH cheaper than the full version. When I go to install the upgrade on a blank hard drive, will it require me to have NT 4 Server already installed, or can it just verify that I have the CD like the Win95 Upgrade does?

A:{Advice Offered} - Win2k Server license question (upgrade?)

I'm not certain if Win2k server is the same, but I've installed Win2K Pro on a few PC's with uprade discs on a clean HD and only had to insert a CD into the drive during setup to verify that I owned a previous version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-win2k-server-license-question-upgrade.29100/
Relevancy 67.08%

hi people i have a amd athlon x2 4600+(am2) and want to no if it would be worth upgrading it to a 5000+

A:new to forum & need info on cpu upgrade

Depends on your goal, what are you trying to do that you need the performance increase? Do you have the money to get the 5000 now? What motherboard do you have?

If you have a decent motherboard and RAM and if you have the money to get the 5000, it may be worth trying to overclock it to get the performance of the 5000. Then if you are unhappy with it or are unable to get to where you want, just buy the 5000.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-forum-need-info-on-cpu-upgrade.59472/
Relevancy 67.08%

i have the following motherboard: ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2

- p4 630 3,0 ghz 2 mb cache
- 2 x 1 gb ddr2 667 mhz
- 7800 gt 256 mb/ 256 biti
- 120 gb hdd sata

i don't know if i undestood the specifications of the motherboard, but does it only accept max 2 gb ram? or 2 gb ddr2 and 2 gb ddr ? i am confused.
i also have a thread about buying a laptop, and with (if any) money left i want to buy a new hard drive (500 gb sata 2), another 2 gb ddr2 667 mhz or if it's possible 2 x 2 gb ddr2 800 mhz and if i have some money left maybe a new proccesor or video card.

please help

thank you

A:Info motherboard / upgrade pc

CPU - Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz $109.99 or Intel Celeron E1600 2.4GHz $61.99 or Intel Celeron E1400 Allendale 2.0GHz $54.99
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB $55.99

the max ram for your motherboard is 2 gigs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/info-motherboard-upgrade-pc.143104/
Relevancy 67.08%

I need to upgrade my Ram and I want to make sure I get the right thing I checked and I do know that I have a pin Given} Help RAM I Upgrade need / Info {Advice on DIMM I want to get at least MB Ram or MB Ram but I don t know if my system can support MB Here is the info about my system from Belarc System Model Windows VIA Technologies Inc VT Processor a Main Circuit Board megahertz AMD K - w DNow kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Tekram Technology Co Ltd P M -M Rev {Advice Given} I need Help / Info on RAM Upgrade X Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG {Advice Given} I need Help / Info on RAM Upgrade Drives Memory Modules Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space E-IDE CD-ROM X TKU Generic floppy disk drive quot Generic IDE hard disk drive GB Megabytes Installed Memory Megabyte Module Size - Installed Memory Sockets are Empty If you need more info let me know I really need an upgrade BADDDDDD thanks Tina nbsp

A:{Advice Given} I need Help / Info on RAM Upgrade

Hi Phenolred1
System Memory:
(3) 168-pin DIMM Sockets
Maximum 768MB RAM
4MB or 8MB of System RAM is used for Video RAM - Adjustable in BIOS Setup

This info copied from this page http://www.tekram.com/Hot_Products.asp?Product=P5M4-M
Good Luck Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-given-i-need-help-info-on-ram-upgrade.41022/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have now decided to bite the bullet and go for the Win10 upgrade. Before I do I would like to know more about the procedure, Can anyone direct me to a good source of information on the subject.

A:Info on Win10 upgrade with ISO.

What version of windows are you currently running

Make a back up of all your data

Download the ISO file and upgrade from this site
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/info-on-win10-upgrade-with-iso.1166347/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a basic set up and not familiar with up to date hardware. I need an upgrade!!! Can you give me some ideas and what the going price is.

I have 2 main goals.

1 - Move fast, system is too slow
2 - Play up to speed games. My system is not able to keep up with graphics.

Machine info:

1600mhz
224mb
32m
Prosavage (0x8d04)[/COLOR]

What do I need to get it done.

Relevancy 67.08%

Windows RC To Final Upgrade Possible was posted on Saturday July I m pretty excited about MS on from UPGRADE Info New release the upcoming launch of Windows Microsoft s next operating system Not only because I m running a very successful Windows blog but also because I finally have the opportunity to install and use a new operating system Windows has seen lots of praise since its first announcement and it is very likely that it will be a good if New Info release from MS on UPGRADE not great operating system that combines the best of Windows Vista and Windows XP Many users are already running a beta or release candidate build of Windows Some even on their main computer system as Windows has proven to be very stable and reliable These users might be interested in the following news Microsoft is offering Windows New Info release from MS on UPGRADE Upgrades to give users running specific Windows XP or Windows Vista operating systems the opportunity to upgrade Windows XP users will have to do a clean install but can purchase the Windows Upgrade editions which are cheaper than the full retail editions Microsoft recently confirmed that it is also possible to upgrade a pre-RTM version of Windows with a Windows Upgrade edition This means that users who are already running Windows RC or another build can buy a Windows Upgrade edition and get a full installation of Windows this way There are some limitations on the other hand No data will be taken over The installation will move the old data into the folder windows old from where the files are accessible Most programs on the other hand will not work unless they are portable It also has to be noted that a clean install at a later time requires a Windows XP or Windows Vista installation or a new installation of a pre-RTM build of Windows Info from GHACKs In so much as to what this says RUMORS are it is TRUE and FROM MS

A:New Info release from MS on UPGRADE

So as long as we keep a RC version of Windows 7, we can use that and always be able to Upgrade? Not too bad.

I remember with Vista, after buying an Upgrade version and then months later running into a problem needing a re-install. I didnt have an original XP OS anymore so I ran into problems trying to reinstall the Upgrade of Vista.

I still think I might purchase the Full version of Win7 Professional rather than an Upgrade though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16113-new-info-release-ms-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Dear Fourm members
In regard to the above machine : please can anyone advise :- how many memory slots does it have.
I think it is two but am not sure.
Also what max size memory module can we have in this laptop please.
If it is 2 @ 1gb per module, then we would have a total of 2gb.

Is the hard drive on this machine a standard laptop hard drive. Can I take the small 20gb one out and replace it with a larger one. eg 120 gb etc

Thank you so much for your help.
Ian

A:Satellite Pro A10 - need some info about RAM upgrade

On satellite Pro A10 two memory slots are available. Notebook can handle with 1 GB RAM and you can use two compatible PC2100 512MB (PA3164U-1M51) modules.

This old machine uses 2,5? HDD with old IDE connector. I found some info that it was delivered with 20GB, 30GB and 40GB HDDs. I think you can upgrade it with HDD up to 100 GB but just be sure it has the same HDD connector.

If you have more questions you are welcome.
For more info post exact model number please.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70440-Satellite-Pro-A10-need-some-info-about-RAM-upgrade
Relevancy 66.22%

We upgraded our File Server Domain Controller from Windows 2000 Server to Server 2003.
Share access used to be really quick.
Now there are a couple of seconds between access to shares.
If you are moving a few levels throughout shares, this becomes problematic.
Does anyone know of any documents that explain the exact process the OS goes through to access a share?
Could it be the new security settings that Windows 2003 employs add a few seconds of overhead to accessing that share?

A:Upgrade from Win2K to Windows 2003 Server-share access slow

http://techrepublic.com.com/

May want to try this site out. I use them all the time, you may need to do a free registration.

Great forums.

Good luck and let me know if it helped you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-from-win2k-to-windows-2003-server-share-access-slow.393056/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi to all, i need to know if exists a toshiba l50-a-161 9 cells battery because the effective standard duration of this laptop isn't enough.

Thank you all!

Nino.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92431-Satellite-L50-A-161-battery-upgrade-info
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Everyone I am at the point where I have to upgrade the wireless network here in my house because the quot G quot protocol system Info On Need WiFi Solved: Upgrade I have and used for years or so just isn t getting it done any more so I am looking around to upgrade to an quot N quot protocol system and I have some compatibility questions that I hope this group can answer from their experiences Solved: Need Info On WiFi Upgrade The current system I have here is a quot G quot protocol system My laptops I have two are quot G quot and quot N quot compliant so there is no problems there My wife s desktop computer connects via a network cable to a port on my current Linksys WRT G router and my desktop computer communicates via WiFi with the wireless router My desktop is at the end of the house from the router and this is where part of the problem is coming in Because of the design of the house I can t get up in the attic and run a network drop plus the fact that my wife would absolutely freak and have a major hissy fit if she saw me cutting holes in the walls so I am constrained to wireless I have a Linksys quot G quot USB dongle type wireless antennae connected to my desktop via a USB extension cable and the antennae is at the highest point on my computer desk The signal to my desktop with this setup is fairly consistent with few dropouts but the strength leaves a bit to be desired running at three or on a good day four bars on the meter My first choice would be to upgrade to a Linksys or a quot N quot series wireless router but money is tight and I have to be economical and to do this means I may have to also buy a Linksys quot N quot protocol wireless USB dongle I like Linksys and have had good luck with their products but I have to be economical My other choice is Netgear I currently have a Netgear quot N quot protocol N dongle that was used on my wife s desktop computer before we re-modeled the house again I couldn t cut holes in the walls and run network cables I wasn t ideally happy with the Netgear dongle but that might have been my fault I had the Netgear quot N quot dongle which was connected to my wife s desktop communicating with the Lynksys WRT G router which at the time sat on my computer desk For some reason maybe because they were from different companies the wireless signal from the Linksys wireless router to my wife s Netgear wireless dongle kept dropping out and it was a real PIA to re-establish it Maybe the difference in manufacturers wasn t the problem maybe it was other factors but I never fully resolved that issue until the day we remodeled the house I know the wireless protocols are supposed to be standard across the industry but different manufacturers get to the finish line in different ways I can get a Linksys quot N quot wireless router for approx and a quot N quot wireless router for approx but that means unless I wanted to buy a new wireless dongle I will have to mismatch the Linksys wireless router to the Netgear USB wireless dongle on my computer and I do not want to go through the connection headaches we had with my wife s computer I have seen Netgear N wireless routers for as low as and I am really tempted to go and get a Netgear router which would certainly solve my compatibility issues but I have always had the best of success with Linksys wireless equipment and my track record with Netgear has been a little iffy What I don t to do is spend money and have non stop headaches Will the new generation Linksys quot N quot wireless routers work seamlessly with the Netgear quot N quot wireless dongles or should I confine my system to Netgear only or Linksys only Any comments or suggestions are appreciated Thanks a bunch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-info-on-wifi-upgrade.1057330/
Relevancy 66.22%

Had a 233MMX Elpina motherboard [M571]...went to update bios...it was wrong update as stated..motherboard fried!!
WIN98 [1st Edition]

*Newer motherboard now

Aida32 tells me the following:

CPU Type: Intel Pentium 11, 266 MHz (4x66)
Motherboard Name : UnKnown
Motherboard Chipset:Intel Natoma 82440LX/EX
System Memory: 160MB (SDRAM)
BIOS Type: AMI (O7/15/95)

Need to know motherboard name...where to find update
Need to upgrade/update BIOS, as I installed 20G HD, although computer only recognizes it as 8G HD

All help greatly appreciated

Happy Holidays EveryOne

A:bios upgrade info needed

You need to get the bios number to make sure you get the correct update. The bios number is normally displayed at the bottom of the screen when you first power up the computer (use the pause key) or you can run Belarc advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
and it will display the bios type. Once you get the number, you can go to www.wimsbios.com and look up the number or go to the board manufacturer's site. In your case, there is no guarantee that an update of the bios will solve the drive limit problem. Unless you see it stated in the bios notes that an upgrade will solve this, I think a better solution would be to go the web site of the manufacturer of your hard drive and download their drive utility, which should have an overlay program that will do the bios translation for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-upgrade-info-needed.109254/
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently got Verizon Fios for high speed internet but the installer said my pc is too old and he could not install it I have a Dell Optiplex and it is refurbished and old but since I only watch videos play games and visit various informational blogs and websites it has been sufficient for my needs Since I am paying for Fios I cheap info Solved: upgrade would like to have access to all its features especially high speed internet because although my computer is sufficient I would like it to be faster I don Solved: cheap upgrade info t know how to add memory and all the Solved: cheap upgrade info other technical stuff so I want to just purchase another tower The problem is I don t have money for a new one so I have to go refurbished I am comfortable with Dell products but don t know how much memory or gigabytes or whatever I need for high speed internet I checked Dell outlet and they have Inspiron s that are in my price range around but I don t know if they are new enough or have enough memory or gbs for high speed internet Can anyone help with a little information as to a computer upgrade I don t know much about the inner workings of computers I m not a techie or a young kid I m just an older lady who likes to play games watch kdramas and movies but it would be nice if it was faster I hope I explained myself well Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

There have been many instances, various sources usually print or E-zine articles, saying OSs eligible the free Upgrade to Windows 10 are W7 SP1, W8 & W8.1  Just a reminder that this is false.  The only OSs eligible are W7 SP1 and W8.1 not, W8.0

W8.0 went to 8.1 about 2 years ago.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583620/correcting-incorrect-upgrade-eligibility-info/
Relevancy 65.36%

Whats the fastest processor I could get for this board? Its a AMD Thunderbird Socket A 462. Family 6 Core speed 1001.8 with a 100 bus speed and a rated 200 FSB.
Manufacture BCM, Model GT133KT.

Manual is located at,
http://www.bcmcom.com/tech/GT133KT/GT133KT-man.pdf
If so what processor should I get?
Could I get a AMD Athlon 1400 - A1400AMS3C processor that runs at 1400 MHz and 266FSB?
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/TYPE-Athlon.html

Relevancy 65.36%

My Netscape is a bit complex going from 4.77 to 7.1.

I have old mail and sent files I have kept but not exactly sure how to move them into 7.1 and they didn't automatically. It's over 500meg info.

I moved them with Win Explorer and got them as a subdirectory of NS 7.1 but they don't show up in the mail program.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/netscape-moving-user-info-to-upgrade-8671.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all having used Acer s for the Acer upgrade info 5920 and pictures last few weeks I decided to open the little guy up and take a few shots Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info I didn t have time to do a full tear down so here are the first few shots And yes all I had Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info at the time was the camera on my phone The shots to take not of are the ones showing the MXM type II graphics card So a video upgrade is indeed possible The other being the network card and the one empty slot that mirror s it on the motherboard Expansion Possible to add an quot N quot spec or others later on Any thoughts Also I forgot to take one but the CPU is not soddered in it s your standard Core Duo socket So yes you can upgrade it just be careful with your thermals The picture with the giant white label in it is the network card Again sorry for the Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info crappy quality I ll get new ones up when I ve got time to take it apart again nbsp

A:Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info

icic....
it's good to see acer can be "halfway"opened like my old travelmate.

hence it's possible to clean CPU heatsink without doing full teardown..

some series of acer does not allow this, they only allow to open the RAM and HDD case. hence when it's time to clean the CPU heatsink and fan, big teardown must be done...

anyway 5920G is a nice laptop...
my housemate has one and it's one of the most impressive acer
bad thing is that it cant be 200* opened (screen) like old travelmate series

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-5920-pictures-and-upgrade-info.85724/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am trying to upgrade my system new info express PCI needed. problems. Upgrade mother board video card and processor They are MB nForce Upgrade problems. PCI express info needed. -A CPU AMD Athlon VC ATI x Pro PCI Express HD GB western digital RAM Upgrade problems. PCI express info needed. x DDR GB OS Win XP PRO sp W Large HD support watt power supply w PCIe enabled pin After switching everything out from my old AGP board I can not get the system to boot up There are posabilities I found reading through the ATI manual ONE when I try to boot up I get a beeping which by the manual indicates that the power supply to the video card is not connected correctly However I have power conections to the MB the pin main connection a pin v auxiliary power connection There is NO direct power connection to the video card possible Secondly it said to quot Update Your AGP Motherboard Chipset Drivers quot But if this is a brand new board that should not be a problem right None the less I ll try it however I have PCIe board so I will have to Upgrade problems. PCI express info needed. break down my system and do this using my old AGP board Just to make it clear the MB is a PCIe board If anyone has any ideas to what my problem may be please HELP Thank you Dana PS - I ve been drinking so if anything sound odd please feel free to comment and I ll respond ASAP nbsp

A:Upgrade problems. PCI express info needed.

you need to look at the motherboard's manual, not the video card's. your board may require a bios update to aupport your cpu, depending on what exactly both parts are. detailed information the the motherboard, it's date of manufacture, and the cpu's core, process, and type would be very usefull to us here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-problems-pci-express-info-needed.29189/
Relevancy 65.36%

I currently have a Gateway 4200+ Media Center GM5084 pc. I am interested in installing an upgraded video card. The computer currently has an Intergrated NVIDIA Geforce 6100 graphics card. I am unsure if I can replace it. I have 1 PCIe x 16, 1PCIe, and 2 conventional PCI slot add in card slots. Any information would be extremely helpful and appreciated. If it helps I have a xFx 7600 GT 256mb GDDR3 PCIe x 16 to put in it. I have never change a video card. I am trying to improve my wifes computer so I can enjoy WoW with a higher video quality. Thank you

A:Newb needs video card upgrade info

Well, if the specs you posted are correct, the card should work great! The only thing I would worry about is if the power supply will be able to handle the load of that new card. When you open your computer case let us know what the specs are that are one the power supply sticker (average watts and total amps on the 12V line).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newb-needs-video-card-upgrade-info.56827/
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm so pissed. I got my ****ing windows 7 upgrade disc in the mail, got it working, waited for like 3 hours, an now its stuck on the last ****ing step at 41%. It's been stuck for about 2 hours. Its not the inconvenience of having to fix an issue, if microsoft can't give me an upgrade cd that works, thats fine, I'll just find a work around, but its in the MIDDLE OF INSTALLATION. What happens when I turn off my computer? Will I be able to boot? Will I loose everything? And of course, for windows theres no tech support, theres no chat support, your just on your own and you have to sign up for some forum and hope that someone will give you an answer to your question.

A:Upgrade stuck at 41%

Fix the Most Common Windows 7 Upgrade Problems

Is it an Upgrade Kit from manufacturer, or actually from MS? That determines who tech supports it. MS tech support is pretty good and should have the various fixes for these Upgrade fails. Don't know about your manufacturer, except that they are required by MS to provide decent support for Win7 on OEM's that come with machine or Upgrade Kit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44731-upgrade-stuck-41-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all trying to upgrade my desktop self-built from Win to Win but it keeps getting stuck at configuring settings Since at that point there is no task manager or anything and my system has Win10 at upgrade keeps stuck 86% getting no hdd activity light it's hard to tell if anything is still happening The system has an ssd so should not be slow I've updated several laptops also crappy Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86% ones with slow hdd and it worked for all of them never taking longer than couple of hours Now the upgrade on my desktop has been running for hrs mostly stuck at that point I tried to upgrade it once already last fall and then I did not have this issue But system was very unstable and hence unusable with win and hence reverted back to So what are my options to troubleshoot I only have keyboard and mouse attached both USB and no other USB devices There are lots of applications installed and configured dev environment for my personal projects so I would really really like to avoid a clean install If it matters it it win professional and there is enough free space on c drive Should I unplug mouse and keyboard or even display dvi-d

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57202-win10-upgrade-keeps-getting-stuck-86-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi folks I need Stuck upgrade in loop some help I have a Fujitsu Lifebook N which came with Vista Home premium and I am stuck in upgrade hell Every time I start up within a few Stuck in upgrade loop minutes the quot updates available quot icon appears in the sys tray and when I open it there are no updates to install but the header is red and there's a button to quot check for updates quot I have it set to notify me but not automatically install anything So when I click check Stuck in upgrade loop for updates the green bar just goes across for minutes or so and I get a message to restart and the whole process starts again If you click quot view update history quot while this is going on it shows a lot of failed upgrades I haven't been able to find any answers yet I'm about ready to format and install XP But the machine is not set to boot from a CD and I haven't found out how to set that either I hope you can help

A:Stuck in upgrade loop

phhh, install stand-alone Windows Vista SP1 (32-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en 64-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en ) Then try fix your Automatic Updates...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179801/stuck-in-upgrade-loop/
Relevancy 64.07%

I started upgrading about 9 hours ago, I kept an eye on the upgrade and noticed about 7 hours ago it got stuck on the restart screen (little circle going around at the bottom of a black screen). Do I need to be concerned?

I run a 6-year old Dell Inspiron.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64072-upgrade-stuck-restart.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've tried a few fixes I found online but nothing seems to be working. When I first tried I needed more disc space so I formatted my C Drive and reinstalled Windows 7 from a disc. I've left the Windows 10 Upgrader running all night (roughly 13 hours) and it's still stuck at 99%.

This is the 4th time I've tried and I don't really know what else I can do. Anyone managed to solve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/66764-windows-10-upgrade-stuck-99-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a windows 10 64 bit system.

A recent update stoped at 32%, waited for hours even though the dotted circle seemed frozen.
(5/15)

So I did a restore and then disabled the windows 10 update service.

After a power failure today, it started the update again, stopping at 32%.

I am willing to go without Window 10 upgrades if I can't fix it.
So how can I permanently shut it off.

Relevancy 64.07%

I am in the process of upgrading windows 7 home premium to 8.1. During the install, the laptop restarted to install some windows 7 update. It has been on update 2 of 3 for hours now. I believe something is wrong but I'm not sure what to do. I'm using an HP dv6 laptop.

A:stuck at update for upgrade to 8.1 from 7

I beleive you can only update to Windows 8.1 (as a free update) if you have version 8 already installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519908/stuck-at-update-for-upgrade-to-81-from-7/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey all,

I'm upgrading from Vista Business 64 bit to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Before installation, I ran Windows upgrade advisor and everything turned out fine. However, I am currently stuck at the last step of the installation.

First it would show this message:
Then it would display this:
Then it would repeat. The installation has been stuck like this for the past 3 hours. I do not have anything plugged in my computer besides my mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

My specs are:
CPU: Intel Q6600
Motherboard: Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P
RAM: 8gigs

Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 Upgrade Stuck

Welcome to Windows 7 forums.
The first thing is to make sure your installation DVD is OK, have you checked the checksum and burned it with slow speed? When the installation hangs halfway it might be a bad DVD. What version are you installing?
Also, try installing with only 1 memory stick, put the rest back after / if you succeed. Are you using > DDR2 1066?
Let us know if you make progress

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/22107-windows-7-upgrade-stuck.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm posting this here because I'm on Vista home Premium x64 as I write this. It seems that I have corrupted files in my Vista recovery partition. Am halfway through an up-grade to Win7 and my optical drive is not working. (Device Manager says all is fine/all drivers are up to date) So..... My question is.... Is there any way to get replacements of the corrupted files without recovery disc's? (Forgotten in a Motel room 3 months ago)

A:Stuck halfway through upgrade....

Hello!

I usually deal with these sorts of issues, but am slightly failing to understand your question! Please bear with me!

Normally, for files, we run SFC:

Right, please run steps 1, 2A, 3 (about 15 minutes), 4, 5, and then Step 1 from the top yellow box, but only follow this last one if Integrity Violations were found. Please upload the new sfcdetails.txt from your Desktop. System Files - SFC Command

When it fails, I source the files.

However, is this quite your issue!?

Has the upgrade failed, and you are in a unbootable perpetual loop? Are you then trying to restore to factory defaults, and that is what is corrupt.

Is it something relating to Windows Updates, and so SFC is not quite the right tool?

Thanks!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285950-stuck-halfway-through-upgrade.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi
I am upgrading from Win 7 64 bit to Window 10 via the upgrade notification in system tray.
It has been sitting on 92 % (configuring settings 69%) for about an hour.
Is this normal? Or is it stuck?
And if its stuck, what do I do. Can I reverse this upgrade back to Windows 7?
Thank you,

A:Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 92%

The most important thing right now is patience. Do not restart your system yet or do anything else until you see a failure notification. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585832/windows-10-upgrade-stuck-at-92/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an HP DV1000 notebook with a Fujitsu 60GB IDE HDD.   I want to replace that with a WD 320GB SATA HDD.  The plastic adapter connected to the IDE drive does not connect to the SATA drive & the SATA drive does not fit the connector on the system board.  Where can I obtain the connector that will work to install a SATA drive into this system? And, in case anyone happens to know, is there anything I'll need to change in the BIOS to make the SATA drive work? Thanks.

A:dv1000 hard drive upgrade ide to sata - need connector info

Hello pdalton,

Your best bet for finding parts, part numbers, etc. is in your Maintenance and Service Guide.  You can order on HP Partsurfer

If I have been helpful or if you?d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/dv1000-hard-drive-upgrade-ide-to-sata-need-connector-info/td-p/2505973
Relevancy 64.07%

hey all. first time poster. cool forum! let's see what you've got for me. i'd like to know what my options are as far as upgrading my laptop's processor. i have an intel centrino core2 duo t5450 (codename santa rosa) processor @1.66ghz. i understand this is a socket 775, and i'm seeing lots of different processors in that category - both mobile and not. i'd like to know which of those are compatible with my particular setup. my knowledge of such hardware information is nil.

i have a toshiba a200 w/intel 82801hbm ich8-do chipset.

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Need upgrade info - Intel centrino core 2 duo (santa rosa)

Your cpu is not a socket 775, as that is the desktop core 2 duo socket. You would have a socket "P" system. You'd need a core 2 duo socket P processor. I would think you'd be looking at a core 2 duo T7XXX cpu (eg T7300).

Edit: there are also T8XXX and T9XXX series mobile cpus, but I'm unsure of their compatibility, since they're newer 45nm chips.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-upgrade-info-intel-centrino-core-2-duo-santa-rosa.111034/
Relevancy 63.64%

PC Specs:

Windows 8.1 64-Bit
Zoostorm Gaming PC
Intel Core i7-4770
16GB DDR3 Ram 1,333Mhz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM SATA
6 * HD partitions: 300MB Recovery, 260MB EFI System, 919.32GB NTFS (C, 451MB Recovery, 350MB Recovery, 10.74GB Recovery

Troubleshooting:

Removed all non-essential peripherals
Deleted graphics driver
Deleted all old unused drivers
Attempted install in VGA mode (prior to this the best achieved was restarting prior to copying settings before hanging)
Repeated attempts (at least 5)

I've managed to install Windows 10 on two laptops (Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1HU with additional 8GB Ram, and a Sony Vaio SVE1511P1E with 256GB replacement Western Digital HD), an old desktop PC, and a Toshiba Encore tablet without issue (bar an ongoing issue with a Toshiba laptop that's affecting Ubuntu as well - likely HD related). All using the same Windows Live email login.

Any assistance gratefully received.

A:Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting

I am having same problem, I have:
I5 Quad 3.30Ghz
16GB DDR3
2TB
GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/16959-windows-10-upgrade-stuck-87-even-after-troubleshooting.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I downloaded the upgrade by means of the "Windows10UpgraderApp", it completed the initial check and the whole download. At the second restart the installation got stuck at 32%. Switching off the pc, the previous release was automatically restored in few minutes.
It's an almost powerful laptop. I have large amount of RAM and HD space available. The current version is 1511, build SO 10586.589

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440311-why-my-win10-upgrade-anniversary-get-stuck.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys. I'm really desperate, please help me.

I upgraded my Win 8 to Win 8.1. After hiberanation or shutting down a computer I'm stuck on boot screen when I turn it on (there's a win logo and circle stops spinning) and I need than to turn off computer by pressing the turn off button. After the restart there is no problem! And after I forcely shut it down, there is no problem also!

I tried clean install (fresh windows 8.1 with formatted hard disk), refresh your pc, startup repair - nothing helps.

While I was on windwos 8, I didn't have any problems!

I included dump files in this post.
Thank you!

A:Stuck on boot screen after upgrade to 8.1, please help!

Same thing happened w/my system -it's just not ready for Win8.1

Your errors seem to be hardware related. Please try these diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

trufos.sys Wed Oct 19 05:10:43 2011 (4E9E9413)
Immunet Protect also a part of BitDefender [br] [br] Also - ESTsoft Corp ALYac Security software driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=trufos.sys

If all of this doesn't fix it, I'd have to wonder about the compatibility of your system with Win8.1. To test, roll back to Win8 to see if you still have problems.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sun Oct 20 10:02:00.108 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102013-20828-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16404.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.130913-2141
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:07.173
Probably caused by :AuthenticAMD
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0000171d038, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffe0000171d038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD__UNKNOWN_PRV
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Oct 20 08:47:47.740 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102013-21078-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:06.804
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe000016f58f8, 0, 0}
Arguments:
Arg2: ffffe000016f58f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Oct 20 08:11:58.232 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102013-37562-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:09.295
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00001679038, 0, 0}
Arguments:
Arg2: ffffe00001679038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
**************************Sun Oct 20 07:26:03.233 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102013-22234-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:09.296
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe000016c4038, 0, 0}
Arguments:
Arg1: 0... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33526-stuck-boot-screen-after-upgrade-8-1-please-help.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I decided to ugrade to 10 from Windows 7. The download went fine, and installation was going smoothly until it reached 99%. It was stuck there. I did read that some installations make take awhile. I left my laptop on -stuck at 99% from 7p.m. until 7.pm. the following day and it was still stuck. I aborted the installation and tried again a few days later. I had the same result. Does anyone else out there have the same problem?

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any input!!

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53578-windows-10-upgrade-7-installation-stuck-99-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all I am new to this forum I have bought two new sticks of Crucial GB DDR UDIMM for my Gigabyte GA-H M-D H motherboard After the switch the windows gets stuck on window loading screen before the logo even starts to assemble and when booting in safe mode it gets stuck on classpnp sys I have tried using the sticks in another rig and they work fine I have also tried different sticks kingston hyperx in the rig and the pc had the same windows loading problem The bios version of the motherboard is F And the sticks should be supported I was searching for XMP search in mobo but didn't find it The RAM sticks are but mobo recognizes them as mhz I can't even load windows setup from a DVD using these sticks The rig works fine with the old gb stick Any suggestions I am a bit frustrated been trying to solve this for about hours now

A:Windows stuck on classpnp.sys after RAM upgrade

Go into BIOS and load the defaults. Make sure RAM settings are auto for now. Try and report back please. XMP may be in the same setting where you select Auto.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376767-windows-stuck-classpnp-sys-after-ram-upgrade.html
Relevancy 63.64%

did a factory restore on samsung NP700Z5C-SO3UK laptop, w8 went on ok, but when updating w8.1 at the end of install got stuck in a reboot loop says sinilar to encountered unexpected error needs to gater info and will start.

cannot get f number keys to work to enter bios or repair or another factory reset. cold forced start brings back same loop when restarting, battery non removable, repair disc has no effect continues in loop.

at a loss what to try, any advice please.

A:w8.1 upgrade stuck in bootup loop

Any help here? Check section on how to get into safe mode.When Windows Update Fails, This Is How You Fix It

Rich

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56808-w8-1-upgrade-stuck-bootup-loop.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently did a windows upgrade from my start menu. It said I need the new Windows Installer upgrade V3.1 so I proceeded to let it download. The installation failed and now my computer is locked in a loop where it asks me to restart and when I do.....it just keeps failing and asks me to restart again. Any help here?

I tried some suggestions at the Microsoft site but they didn't work. They did not point specifically to my problem. How do I cancel and delete the failed upgrade installation and stop that annoying restart window from popping up. I even tried to download the update file directly from Microsoft but until I clear the failed installation...I can't do anything....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-installer-3-1-upgrade-fails-and-is-stuck.565939/
Relevancy 63.64%

I've ran the upgrade several times and sits for hours (overnight) at 99%, ran the troubleshoot and no issues.  Not sure what to try next.  Thanks 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471TWindows-Anniversary-Upgrade-is-stuck-at-99/td-p/455290
Relevancy 63.64%

It says it is at 32% and has been stuck there for HOURS! Is there a way to either re-start it or delete it?

A:Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 32% for hours?

Look:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...as a similar suggestion on this post:http://www.computing.net/answers/wi...as this might help you also.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-upgrade-stuck-at-32-for-hours/124.html
Relevancy 63.64%

for about weeks ive been working on rebuilding 7 windows stuck vista upgrade to my computer i purchased a brand new hard drive and put it in with plans to put windows on it however i only had windows bit which my system wouldn't accept it so i had to use an upgrade disk that i had to upgrade from windows vista to windows to get the bit well i put on vista and then started upgrading to windows it went pretty well until i got to one step which is this quot transferring files settings and programs quot then on vista to windows 7 upgrade stuck the bottom it says quot please wait quot and cycles to quot installing devices and setting up your system quot and that is on vista to windows 7 upgrade stuck a loop that goes about every seconds the problem im facing is that it gives ABSOLUTELY no percentage and ive looked multiple times on the internet found alot of it stopping at but the solution for that is only if its at i found two threads about it stopping with no percentage but the threads offer no solutions i dont want to risk harming the brand new system by shutting down or aborting the setup but it has been like that for over hours and i am not sure what to do im able to move the mouse and use shift f to get the command window and use it so i know its not just completely frozen but it just wont progress at all anyone able to help

A:vista to windows 7 upgrade stuck

What are the system specs that would keep it from running 64 bit?

You will not physically hurt the system hardware by shutting it down, in fact try just that and see what happens on reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-to-windows-7-upgrade-stuck-697452.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have three computers in family that were given upgrades on the win7 family plan. One was just informed it was eligible for win10 upgrade. I think I made the mistake of custom install (for a clean install) instead of an upgrade and, related to other problems with windows update, I might have lost my activation on win7. Long story short, when I got to the point where win10 was installed and asking for a key I knew I had done a no no as, if I had done it correctly, I should not have been asked for a key. Of course I have no key but the win7 key and the install just sits there with no options but to input the key, which I don't have. What's my best course of action here?
thanks in advance

A:win10 upgrade stuck at key request

Hello trbodden,

If you haven't already, you should be able to enter the Windows 7 product key to activate Windows 10 if it's for the same edition and language.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38436-win10-upgrade-stuck-key-request.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I forgot my win7 ultimate cd was an upgrade and installed it, now can't get out of the install to install win7 pro How do you back out/cancel install on brand new ssd?

A:Stuck installing upgrade on new ssd drive

You don't have to. When you install clean with the Upgrade, you literally upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 7. It works like this:
When you are asked for the Product Key during the installation, leave it blank (it allows you to).
Deselect the option that automatically activates Windows when you're online
Finish the installation
When you get to the desktop, reinsert the DVD
Choose the Upgrade installation type
Enter the Product Key when you are asked for it
Activate
Enjoy.
I have done this many times now, and I learned it from here: http://winsupersite.com/article/wind...-upgrade-media

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/272952-stuck-installing-upgrade-new-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 62.78%

MORNING ALL nbsp I am trying to fix a laptop for my mother she was given a Notebook hp for Christmas a couple year ago and it had windows She hated it and found it very confusing But so as not to upset my sister in law wouldnt change it in any way ie upgrading to Windows So now that her desktop computer ha totally died she is having to use this one She asked me to upgrade it to windows because it looks like and she understands that one So I went to download windows and got all ON STUCK SCREEN HP AFTER UPGRADE HP 10 WIN LOGO LAPTOP the way through it up to the point of were it said Your PC will shut down many times through this install It was but finally I had to crash at am So I left it to do what HP LAPTOP STUCK ON HP LOGO SCREEN AFTER WIN 10 UPGRADE it needed to This morning it is stuck on a screen that just shows HP logo in the center no esc buttons no nothing nbsp nbsp Did the install fail and how can I get past this screen nbsp thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-LAPTOP-STUCK-ON-HP-LOGO-SCREEN-AFTER-WIN-10-UPGRADE/td-p/5802005
Relevancy 62.78%

During the upgrade the laptop gave a fault-code 0xc000000f and three options enter to try again, f8 for startoptions and f9 to change operatingsystem whichever options i try it keeps getting back to the same screen.

What can I do?

A:Satellite C660-1J2 stuck in Win10 upgrade

Power off the notebook pressing and holding power button.

Then power up the unit again and press F12.
Now you should see the Advanced boot menu.

Here choose HDD recovery
Then choose language and keyboard.

Then Troubleshoot -> Advanced options ->Automatic Repair.

Hope it helps.... if not, you may need to recover the notebook back to factory settings...

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84689-Satellite-C660-1J2-stuck-in-Win10-upgrade
Relevancy 62.78%

After trying to upgrade to Windows 10 my laptop is stuck on the HP logo. When i go into recovery mode, refreshing my laptop and resetting it doesnt work. I factory reset it and it worked then but its back on windows 8 and i still want windows 10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Stuck-on-HP-logo-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5846926
Relevancy 62.78%

Here's what I did
- Reset (wiped) a windows 8 laptop
- Downloaded the upgrade assistant
- Upgrade assistant downloaded, checked and 'installed' Windows 10. The laptop automatically restarted to finish doing so.
- It was installing, it was saying it was 'installing' or updating. It restarted once it was done.
- Now it's stuck on the boot screen / splash with the ASUS logo. NO text saying what it's doing, no spinning circle.
- Recovery options don't do anything, I can't "reset" the installation either.

I'm doing this for a friend, no offense but I'm not a fan of Windows 10 ;3; I'd really appreciate some assistance... please help I'm clueless, this is dark magic to me

A:Windows 8 to 10 via Upgrade Assistant - Stuck on boot

As you're doing a clean install, I suggest doing it from a bootable USB drive. See the tutorials:

Windows 10 - Clean Install

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10

There is probably a lot more detail there than you need to know. My preferred short version: use the Media Creation Tool to download an .iso for the version of Win 10 that you want. Use the "Rufus" application to produce a bootable USB drive. (I use DiskPart, a command line tool, but it's a little dangerous: you could erase a partition other than the one you want to.) Boot from the USB drive, and run the install from there.

This doesn't identify your problem, but I think that local installs are more reliable than doing it online.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/64247-windows-8-10-via-upgrade-assistant-stuck-boot.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Guys,

Would you please give me a hand in this one. I use Windows 10 32-bit, build 10240, which came after I upgraded from Windows 7, having no problems at all, keeping my apps and files.

Now, I had option in WU to update to 1511 10586 recently, couple of weeks ago, it failed at 32% and 6% on Installing drivers. Then, I downloaded MCT and made and DVD with the installation and repeated everything. It failed again at same point. I read about problems with SD Card, I have none of it. Then I checked files setupact and setaperr, where I found that my Gamepad has error, I pulled USB Dongle out of computer. Another error was WLAN, but I do not have it, only cable modem router, connected directly to computer by cable.

I use PS2 mouse, there is no USB Peripherals connected and desperately want to upgrade do 10586 build. Everytime it failed at 32% point, and restored my previous version.

Could you help please.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34152-stuck-10240-upgrade-fails-32-did-everything-written-here.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Its been like an hour and its still "preparing for the upgrade"

A:Windows 10 stuck on preparing for the upgrade. How long should this take?

4 hours for me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/370278-windows-10-stuck-preparing-upgrade-how-long-should-take.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone, I'm really stuck, I was trying to do an upgrade from Win 2000 to XP , but the Win XP installation keeps restarting at the "Installing devices" section, it's looping over and over on this section. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, I can't install/upgrade fully and now I no longer have the option to boot into Windows 2000. Is there any way I can rollback the installation or get my Windows 2000 boot option back,

Really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-problem-win-xp-installation-stuck-in-a-loop.338038/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have just upgraded my Lenovo Flex from Windows to Windows with the ISO MS upgrade everything spinning 10 stuck dots, did Windows on had provided in their site Things were going smoothly until after reaching the laptop rebooted and voila an empty black screen was in front of me Windows 10 upgrade stuck on spinning dots, did everything After hour of waiting for something to happen I decided to shut down through holding the power button and restarted The Lenovo logo and the spinning dots appeared but after a moment the logo disappeared and the spinning dots have remained again for an hour I have did everything from the sites Google has brought me to including Windows 10 upgrade stuck on spinning dots, did everything - removing all wireless dongles particularly the one for my wireless mouse - ctrl alt del - esc - f shift f - win p - hard reset But nothing happened and the dots went spinning and spinning until the screen turned off with the power still on What should I do I have important documents I should have finished in my laptop by now Hope someone can reply ASAP

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/67759-windows-10-upgrade-stuck-spinning-dots-did-everything.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Okay so here's what I did to my Dell Inspiron It BSOD stuck here... Dell laptop....I'm upgrade on during had Windows Home already BSOD during upgrade on Dell laptop....I'm stuck here... installed on it But I wanted Windows Pro bit So while I was in the running system I used Minitool Partition Wizard to format the C drive Knowing that it was gonna scream since I was in Windows I restarted the machine to allow the partition program to format the C drive upon bootup BSOD during upgrade on Dell laptop....I'm stuck here... It seemingly did although it seemed like to happened too fast But I figured things were okay So I figured I was ready to install the new Windows Pro bit version of Windows on the BSOD during upgrade on Dell laptop....I'm stuck here... laptop now I got my thumb drive and made it into a bootable Win device using Rufus hoping it would install a clean version of Windows When I finally figured out how to change the boot sequence in the Dell BIOS to USB drive I inserted the thumb drive into the laptop Rebooted the laptop And got a BSOD mentioning 'PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA So I'm not sure what happened I figured it didn't like the hard drive that was on the system so I swapped it out for an SSD drive then an SSHD and the same BSOD occurred I even installed an M SSD but the same BSOD appeared yet again Should I try the classic install method using a Windows Pro DVD I have an external DVD drive that I can use to install the 'old school' way I'm stuck Not sure what to do now I welcome suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/63750-bsod-during-upgrade-dell-laptop-im-stuck-here.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I really need some crucial help here. I am facing problems when it comes to upgrading to the newest version of Windows 10. It gets stuck at 64% (installing features and drivers at 77%). I don't seem to have an SD card, but Microsoft says it's recommended to remove it to fix this problem. Help would be nice.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34476-windows-10-upgrade-1511-stuck-64-features-77-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

When i reinstall Windows XP and then upgrade it to Professional and enter my key code every thing is fine until the last reboot and then gets stuck on the start up screen and says please wait and nothing happens at all. It seems like it is going to finish starting up but doesnt. I have to hold down the power button for five seconds to shut it down. Can you please help me?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I am doing an upgrade of WIn7 to Win7, to hopefully fix BSOD.  I have had the install hang a couple of times for a very long time, and I just want to report to other users having the same problem to WAIT! maybe even an hour. Twice it hung; at Expanding
Windows Files, and then again during the final Transfer of files, settings, etc.

I came to this forum hoping to find my answer, but I felt best to wait and it worked fine, just took a while. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a938ab89-88ab-4413-9129-9f287fd3dbad/windows-7-ultimate-upgrade-stuck-solved?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 62.78%

I just updated graphic drivers today sept 7 2016 and now my laptop won't boot beyond HP logo.   I've disconnected ny equipment,  no cd,  desks etc.   It won't go to F10 bios.   I don't have boot discs.  Nd heLp.  HP G62-455 DX notebook PC model number XZ182UA  

A:Re: Turned of Laptop during Windows 10 upgrade stuck at hp l...

I tried to do an escape to go to bios.  Didn't work.   I tried power button,  F11,  the left of the bottom of the screen Showed F11 system recovery but didn't do anything after that  HP G62-455 DX notebook PC model number XZ182UAHelp  thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-Turned-of-Laptop-during-Windows-10-upgrade-stuck-at-hp/td-p/5754752
Relevancy 62.78%

Tried to upgrade from win 8 to win 10. Stuck at HP logo.  I tried unplugging and and reseating the battery (let it sit for a bit and pressed the power button to drain power). I tried defaulting bios, tried turning on virtualization technology, Tried all the restore the boot repair the computer offered after trying to boot several times, restore points are gone, I don't have CD's because HP doesn't send them anymore. I don't know what to do with this thing. Please Help. 

A:Windows 10 upgrade failed stuck on HP logo

It probably did the same thing to you that it did to me.When I attempted to upgrade to 10 it downloaded and tried to install 10 in the recovery partition on the hard drive instead of to system partition. I had to boot to recovery and use the Refresh PC then the Reset PC options.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-upgrade-failed-stuck-on-HP-logo/td-p/5755615
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi
I am upgrading my fujitsu siemens pc from xp home to xp pro,I am at the section where it is isntalling the devices and have got a grey screen up saying "that the software I am installing for this hardware : Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB universal host controller has not passed the windows logo testing etc"
Trouble is it won't let me click yes or no, it is just frozen in that position and the only way out is turn off the pc, but when I turn it back on it boots up and tries to carry on the setup but reaches the same point and freezes!!!

any ideas or have I got to just reformat and start again?

cheers
Gooner

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Professionals, I am currently using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 and I found out that I am running the software on minimum setting.This CAD software is a memory consumer. So, I am trying to find out if I can upgrade my laptop's RAM.Can my laptop's motherboard support more than 4GB of RAM? (4GB is what I currently have)Here is my PC specs:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-to-find-out-if-I-can-upgrade-RAM/td-p/5622467
Relevancy 62.78%

I have an HP Pavillion 761c and im not sure what bios upgrade to get? any help with a link or how to find out?

A:How do i find out what new bio do upgrade?

or the chipset from the intel site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-find-out-what-new-bio-do-upgrade.45148/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all PC was starting to struggle a bit with my quite old processor now AMD Athlon XP so I decided to upgrade I have bought an AMD Athlon CPU and FoxConn WinFast NF K AC-RS- MOBO I have just in loop stuck boot Processor upgrade and - MOBO installed it all and it all powers up ok single beep all IDE drives are detected my RAID drive isn't being detected but that's the least of my worries I was running Windows XP Pro on my C drive in HDD- - it is still set up the same Now it will go through the boot up motions but as soon as you get to the Windows MOBO and Processor upgrade - stuck in boot loop XP logo after the 'Verifying DMI Pool Data' line within a second it reboots It will do this continually if left alone I have tried booting in safe mode debug mode last good known configuration but it will just reboot everytime Now is this to be expected considering I've just changed the mobo and cpu and I will just have to re-install XP or should the upgrade not have affected my windows partition and it is a problem Obviously would prefer not to re-install XP due to the vast amount of programs I already have installed and setup how I like them Cheers everyone Mark

A:MOBO and Processor upgrade - stuck in boot loop

hi mark,

what u can try is to reinstall win xp. Boot from cd and when u get to screen to install xp will check to see if you have a previous installation of win xp and ask you what you want to do...you should have 3 options once which asks do you want to repair . if you repair the windows folder will be deleted but all your programs etc will be left intact...do not continue with the above if you havn't the repair option... when you change m/b procesor etc... drivers for m/b are different hence the reboot.... hopefully this helps. remember carry out the steps as if you were installing the operating system for the 1st time.

Dermo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mobo-and-processor-upgrade-stuck-in-boot-loop-76054.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an hp pavillion dv4 2112 tu running windows 7 home premium 32 bit. I want to upgrade it to win10 but i don't have the necessary upgrades to get it to upgrade on its own by the get windows 10 app. I read somewhere about the kb2952664 and the 3035583 updates and tried to install them via windows update but it was stuck at downloading updates with no traffic generated. I tried manually downloading those but the WUSA is stuck at 'searching for updates on this computer'. I've tried deleting the contents of the software distribution folder, microsoft fixit for Windows update, their troubleshooting tool(stuck at resolving) but nothing's worked. I dont have a restore point to fall back too. What dk I do now?
Edit: I tried running sfc /scannow but it's failing at 29%.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/394794-windows-update-stuck-cant-get-required-updates-upgrade-10-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've been having some for compatibility HP W7 install stuck drivers on check upgrade 64-bit issues with my Windows Home Premium -bit OS recently eg explorer exe crashing and have decided to do a repair install following the instructions in this forum I have downloaded the appropriate SP ISO image my current version is also SP W7 HP 64-bit upgrade install stuck on compatibility check for drivers verified the image written it to a DVD and started the install process Everything goes fine until the compatibility check when it reports that there is a driver issue preventing Windows from upgrading It tells me to install updated drivers for a device Storage controllers Adaptec AHA- CU PCI SCSI Controller See screenshot below Now I recall having some difficulty getting some drivers for this interface when I first installed Windows some time ago but I have a driver installed at the moment and Windows reports that no better driver is available I have tried to use the Load Driver function in the Compatibility Report window to point to a driver but it does not seem to recognize anything as a valid driver reporting that 'No signed drivers were found ' see screenshot I'm wondering firstly why the install would be reporting a problem when I have a valid driver already in use in the same version of Windows and secondly if I need to give it the driver again what file is it looking for Any help to get me past this point would be much appreciated

A:W7 HP 64-bit upgrade install stuck on compatibility check for drivers

The first thing let's check to make sure that you got the ISO from the correct place. This should be the only link you use. http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links The file on the page is about half way down under English and the file number is X17-58997.iso If you did not use that file, download it and burn to a DVD and do another install. Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344633-w7-hp-64-bit-upgrade-install-stuck-compatibility-check-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Upgraded to Windows 10 one week ago. No issues prior, none immediately after. Dreaded blue screen fired twice (again after reboot). Cleaned inside, no more blue screen but can only get windows password reset to load. I have completed steps and reset pass, but I again only boot to password reset. Groundhogs day. Can't get around, anyone help???

Dell studio XPS 8200 - prior system Win 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win-10-upgrade-blue-screen-stuck-on-pass-reset-1036289.html
Relevancy 61.92%

When I first installed Windows 7 several years ago, I moved my ProgramData and Users folders to my standalone drive, kept my Program Files and Windows on my RAID-0/SSD. It's been great to me, separating my RAID-0 SSDs from my data and no issues at all.

But now with Windows 10 coming, it seems that I'm stuck, and this set up can't perform in-place upgrades, which Gabe Aul says it's a requirement to get the free Windows 10. I know for starters Windows 8 and beyond does not play nice with a relocated ProgramData, even with junctions.

So what should I do now? Should I just clean re-install Windows 7 for the upgrade? I've already moved most of my data out of the Users folder and reconfigured my libraries. I also thought of doing an offline robocopy move and edit the entire registry to modify it back to C:, but a quick search in the registry seems the work is going to be tedious.

A:Relocated ProgramData and Users: Stuck for Windows 10 Upgrade?

I would say don`t upgrade to Windows 10

Why do you want to ruin your perfect setup ?

Why do you think you`re stuck ?

You don`t have to install 10 if you don`t want to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/372061-relocated-programdata-users-stuck-windows-10-upgrade.html