Windows Support Forum

Impermanent Screen Resolution

Q: Impermanent Screen Resolution

Acer Aspire 2000 (Cl32) runs WinXP/Pro/Sp3 and can be set to display in its native resolution of 1280 x 800 from its ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 video card. However, when it reboots, it reverts to 640 x 480, and often blames an absent or corrupt video driver. My remedy is to UNinstall the video driver from Device Manager and reboot, but I'd like to have native resolution without going through this 'readjustment' at every reboot. On the rare occasions that I can access the ATI Control Panel, Schemes in the Display tab, is empty. If I select 'Default Single Display' from the offered options, the SAVE button is greyed out. Any suggestions as to how I can get the native resolution to 'stick' ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Impermanent Screen Resolution

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Impermanent Screen Resolution

Uninstall driver via the 'Add/Remove Programs'. Run Ccleaner and clean the temp files plus registry. Download a fresh copy of the latest drivers, install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/impermanent-screen-resolution.199565/
Relevancy 100.19%

Acer Aspire 2000 (Cl32) runs WinXP/Pro/Sp3 and can be set to display in its native resolution of 1280 x 800 from its ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 video card. However, when it reboots, it reverts to 640 x 480, and often blames an absent or corrupt video driver. My remedy is to UNinstall the video driver from Device Manager and reboot, but I'd like to have native resolution without going through this 'readjustment' at every reboot. On the rare occasions that I can access the ATI Control Panel, Schemes in the Display tab, is empty. If I select 'Default Single Display' from the offered options, the SAVE button is greyed out. Any suggestions as to how I can get the native resolution to 'stick' ?

A:Impermanent Screen Resolution

They are controlled by the video drivers. If settings keep changing/disappearing, that would indicate Windows is corrupted or there is an actual hardware fault.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/impermanent-screen-resolution.1118171/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I'm new here and this is my first post I looked around a Forcing Resolution Resolution Screen Native Than Higher little and found one other thread with a similar question but the question wasn't really answered I can't find anything on the net that doesn't confuse me so bad it makes my head hurt so I thought I'd try asking here Thanks in advance for any answers I get I will try and be as thorough as possible although the resulting question will be simple I'll start out with why I am asking the question to begin with So I am trying to play a game I used to play nearly ten years ago It's a free online game called Continuum Subspace and there are user created quot zones quot or variations of the game within the game if that makes sense I play in a zone called Trench Wars It's a top down game meaning you are looking down at your ship as if from above and the screen scrolls as you move to reveal more of the area map you are playing in You are in a spaceship of your choice with varying weapons for each ship The game requires aiming at your enemies before firing at them and anticipating their moves Well I Forcing Screen Resolution Higher Than Native Resolution noticed that playing at a higher resolution allows you to see more of your immediate area and expands your view of the map It works just like your desktop in essence The higher the resolution the smaller the icons but the more space you have In the game the higher the resolution the smaller the ships are but you can see more space around you Obviously this Forcing Screen Resolution Higher Than Native Resolution would give an advantage to anyone playing on a higher resolution as they would be able to see their enemies and fire before the enemy even knew they were there My native resolution for a quot LCD TV is x This is fine Forcing Screen Resolution Higher Than Native Resolution except when playing continuum So I tried changing my resolution to the max which is x Well the screen expanded and cut off parts of my screen everything got blurry and had a blue tint to it I figured this is probably not good for my TVs functionality as I have burnt out old monitors in the past by running too high of a resolution So I went to my NVIDIA Display Properties and started messing around I realized that changing to a higher resolution x from here still caused me to lose part of the screen but the blue tint wasn't there It's still vaguely blurry but not enough to really notice So I went to the resizing tab and resized my screen to fit at the higher resolution I ended up with resolution of x at HTz refresh I resized my icons and text and the screen is perfect now But it is much higher than the native resolution of my monitor So my question is will keeping it at this resolution cause my TV to quot burn out quot or have any otherwise adverse effects System Specs that might be important Display Geforce GTX ti connected through HDMI to quot LCD TV TV Panel Resolution - x Display Resolution Scan Rates - HDMI Suggested Resolutions p i p p i I don't know what the p and i stuff is I tried reading about it but it's so uninteresting and makes entirely no sense to me I just want to know if I'm ruining my monitor by using Geforce to make my own custom resolution Thanks

A:Forcing Screen Resolution Higher Than Native Resolution

Simple answer is: you can not go over the native resolution of LCD panel because its physical thing for each pixel lcd panel has a cell you can not have more pixels than there is physical pixels in that panel.

smaller than native resolutions achieved by grouping more than one cell to form pixel thats why non native resolution on lcd sometimes gets blurry or edgy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/249639-forcing-screen-resolution-higher-than-native-resolution.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This problem started happening about a week ago and I ve never had a problem like this before The problem is that often but not always when I start a game it goes into full screen and it will usually change the resolution fullscreen after going gets into resolution "stuck" resolution different Screen a like mosts games do except when I either exit the game normally or alt tab out of it the resolution does not change back to normal I have my desktop resolution set at x normally This seems to hold true for almost all my games Even the windows screensaver causes the same problem Screen resolution gets "stuck" after going fullscreen into a different resolution if Screen resolution gets "stuck" after going fullscreen into a different resolution it changes the resolution After this happens if I go into display properties and try to change any settings whether it is resolutuon color depth or even the refresh rate I get an error that says it can t be done and I probably don t have administrative rights The only way to fix it is to reboot the computer My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce MX Around when the probelms started I updated the drivers to some beta drivers from the Nvidia site I assumed those might be the cause so I downgraded to the latest official foreceware drivers which I had installed before The only other things I can think of that I have installed before the problem occoured was the new Microsoft Anti-spyware but I doubt that would have caused it Does anyone have any idea what is causing this problem I am out of ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution-gets-stuck-after-going-fullscreen-into-a-different-resolution.324282/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just bought an HP Pavillion dv6-7014nr and I love it! Except for one thing. I upgraded to the 1920x1080 screen to get the HD quality and the matte display. Everything on this screen is so tiny, its uncomfortable to read. I have increased the text size in windows to 130% dpi and I have downloaded and extension in Firefox to keep the zoom level I like. My problem is that with this increased DPI setting, the text in programs, such as iTunes gets cut off or overlaps. I was just wondering if there was a solution to this problem, or is it just something I have to live with?
Thanks very much!

Dan

A:[SOLVED] 1920x1080 screen resolution on a 15.6" Laptop Screen

1920x1080 doesn't suit everyone on a 15.6" screen as it's really more suited to large-screen external monitors (20" or more). It's big plus of course is that it gives you much more screen space to use for multi-tasking or using apps which have many palettes (like Photoshop). Personally I think 1920x1080 is way too high for the average laptop screen size unless you've got perfect eyesight.

If you don't need all that space, you may find that setting a lower resolution (and changing DPI & zoom levels back to their defaults) is more in line with what your eyesight can deal with. It probably won't look as pin-sharp as the native 1920x1080 resolution though, but at least you shouldn't get some app Windows extending beyond the screen edges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-1920x1080-screen-resolution-on-a-15-6-and-quot-laptop-screen-652126.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hmm, this is wierd, everytime i start my bitcomet up/when it launches itself at windows start it seems to disapear of the screen, i have a 21.5 inch widescreen but my max screen resolution doesnt fit the whole screen, when i click my bitcomet comes up but going towards the right OFF the screen and i cant do anything..

I didnt knnow were to put this so.

O and btw im now on windows 7 so i can use the Right click>>move technique :( plus i cant change screen resolution because that is off screen to

A:[SOLVED] widescreen but my max screen resolution doesnt fit the whole screen

Thanks to whoever moved this post, i didnt know were to put it, also,, PROBLEM FIXED, if anyone gets this problem on WINDOWS 7 all you do is:

Step 1: right click ->> Screen Resolution
Step 2: Change the Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.

This wont fit the whole desktop on ure screen if u have a big widescreen like mine, but this will make it unable to move items off the screen

Hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-widescreen-but-my-max-screen-resolution-doesnt-fit-the-whole-screen-436825.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 15. The problem I am facing now is The screen resolution changes by itself and after this, a blue screen error comes and computer restarts again. Please Help me on this..
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate N (32 Bit)
Processor: Core i3

A:Blue Screen Error and Change of Screen Resolution

Please upload a report so we may better assist you
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155675-blue-screen-error-change-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, just joined actually, and I had a quick question. When I set my resolution to any other res other than the highest possible i get a black outline around my screen due to the resolution not stretching to fit my entire screen. This is fairly recent, as it never used to happen. I'm figuring it might be a driver problem, but I'm not sure. Any help would be great.

A:When lowering screen resolution, screen does not stretch to fit

Hi SevenUltimate welcome to the forums

I see you have a Geforce 220, I have the 210, the model down from you and have exactly the same issue.

Firstly, yes it's a driver issue. I have had to roll back to 258 edition to get it working properly again.

Take a look at my post about it here: Make Full screen actually look full screen maybe the suggestions will work for you, although they didn't for me.

Failing that, I'm willing to upload the 258 edition drivers to my Skydrive if you want? (mods/admins: please let me know if this is against the rules, don't think it is, but you never know)

Hope it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/156756-when-lowering-screen-resolution-screen-does-not-stretch-fit.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i was playing a game which i downloaded from msn games, when i closed the game all icons and toolbars etc were larger, when i went onto the start menu it said something about how not everything could fit on the screen and that i should try changing the screen resolution, i dont know how to do this and i dont know whether that's really the problem, help?!!

A:everything is bigger and nothing fits on the screen, low screen resolution?

Right click on an empty place on the desktop and choose properties then settings then change the screen resolution up higher by using the slider

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-is-bigger-and-nothing-fits-on-the-screen-low-screen-resolution.837152/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, i really need your help this time.. I have currently downgrade my windows 8 to windows 7 ultimate. I've noticed that windows 7 can't detect second monitor in screen resolution. there's no other options available but just one screen. you cannot duplicate, extend, etc. I already have my hdmi cable connected from my nvidia geforce 635 video card to my led tv...

A:Windows 7 can't detect second screen in screen resolution

Try upgrading to latest drivers!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/289191-windows-7-cant-detect-second-screen-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all i am having a problem. I changed the screen resolution on my xp machine now all i get after the login screen is a black one.

I have tried changing in safe mode but it does not change, any ideas?

A:Black screen after changing screen resolution on xp

Ty F8 >Last Known Good Configuration.

System restore in safe mode.
Or.
Tap F8 while your system is starting up.
Choose safe mode with command prompt.
Log on as admin.
At command prompt type
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-changing-screen-resolution-on-xp.717622/
Relevancy 43%

okey so here is my problem i post on this site Didnt have a XP CD for the other pc so i couldnt fix it one quick question will an XP home edition CD from a buddy work on my pc to do a repair install I have pc the one that is now broken had ghz AMD XP pro mb ram no good i know the other is a pentium mhz mb etc.. Screen resolution ram win a bit worse Okey i did this and here is my problem I used the mhz pc worked good managed to get internet running so i could use it a bit It was just so slow SO i took Screen resolution etc.. the harddisk from it and installed it in the ghz computer first time i did it wasnt too hard It worked not perfectly but i got it running normal im running it now AMD ghz mb ram old harddisk GB awesome Anyway know I spell like a freak but i hate the screen resolution I cant change it its on lowest possible colours fixed that problem on a way on the other pc after switching harddisk and got it working but now i cant install new drivers NVIDIA Inno Geforce MX graphic card After downloading drivers from different sites including Nvidia tried to install from video CD i get this wrong The program couldnt find any NVIDIA graphics card It wont find my card what to do Can it have anything to do with that I use an old harddisk GB summary Fix screen resolution install quot old quot graphic card that worked on ghz computer XP home edition works to fix old problem more question can i install the graphic card that is installed on mothercard to the GHZ computer I know this may sounds confusing just so much to fix Hope someone can help me This is more like a win issue but keep it here anyway since its almost same in XP

A:Screen resolution etc..

1). Yes the XP home edition would work fine on a repair install (assuming you are repairing a XP home edition computer, it won't repair a 98 install or XP pro). Just make sure you have your original cd-key just in case

2). Once you fix your video card problem, the resolution will fix itself. Look in your device manager (control panel > system > device manager) and look for either: a yellow exclamation mark next to a device, or a device that is listed under "Display adapter". If you find either of those post back and let us know.

3). You can more than likely transfer the video card from the older computer to the newer one, assuming you have a 3rd party card, and its not built into the motherboard. But honestly, coming from a computer that old, the video card isn't going to be worth a dang, in fact that whole computer is probably worth very little. (no offense, it just sounds like a very old computer)

One quick follow up question: When you installed the 1GB harddrive did you uninstall the other harddrive? or did you install the 1GB as a slave?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-etc-102307.html
Relevancy 43%

My digital camera install disk flashes message that screen resolution to execute digital camera solution disk is not sufficent. How can I correct this problem

A:Screen Resolution

How can I correct this problem of insufficent screen resolution for installing digital camera disk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-384253.html
Relevancy 43%

My screen resolution is stuck on 640x480. I have gone to the control panel and tried to change but the slide wont move.I have a amd athlon 1800 with a voodoo 3 video card . The comp shows no conflicts and all working well any help would be appreciated.

ecs m830
98se
voodoo 3
256mb

Relevancy 43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 509 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 148207 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 00T606
Antivirus: None

I have gone to "Display", "Settings", even "Advanced" and cannot adjust the number of pixels or resolution on my screen. The computer just won't let me move the "slider", it's stuck on 480 x 600 and on 4 bits. I just recently re-installed XP on my computer and everything is "giant-sized" and the colors are all funky. I'm using a Gateway monitor, model LP2207. I did not have this resolution problem before I reformatted. Help!!!!

A:Screen resolution

you need the video driver and possible some other drivers - sound , network etc

whats the make and model of the PC

moving to XP forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.1049282/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys

I have just upgraded my HP D530 from Win2000pro to Win XP pro SP2 and everything running perfectly. It's hooked on a LAN and I logged in as a administrator and have done everything including setting the screen resolutions to 1280x1024

However, everytime my user logged in, it will changed to 1024x768 and my user will have to change it back to 1280x1024. Strangely when the PC has been shutdown and on again, it will changed back to 1024x768. But when I logged in as administrator, it has no problem.

Is there something wrong with my setting?

Pls help. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp2-screen-resolution.433729/
Relevancy 43%

Help, tried to change the screen resolution today on my computer (Windows XP) as some internet sites seemed to show a small font. Unfortunately I changed it to too big a resolution and now when I go back in to change it back I can't as when you go into the task manager to change the configuration back to what it was the dialog box is so big on the screen now that it cuts the bottom off and I don't see the button at the bottom that I must click on to save the changes made. Any ideas?

A:screen resolution

right click on the desktop
display>
advanced tab

should be able to change resolution there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.1060543/
Relevancy 43%

Screen resolution sliding control is frozen and fixed on an
unacceptable level

Try it this way
Screen Resolution - Display Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/112135-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Bit of a long story really, but I think it needs to be said...

My old Samsung SyncMaster 710v 17" TFT stopped working so I got Samsung to replace it with a new one. The new one is exactly the same model, size and everything. My problem is the screen resolution. My old screen was at 1280 x 1024, the new screen won't allow me to go up that far. I used my father's 15" TFT whilst the new one was being delivered, and that only goes up to 1024 x 768 which is normal for a 15" (probably). Now I use the new 17" (exactly the same as the old one - which could go up to 1280 x 1024) and it only goes up to 1024 x 768. Like it has retained the settings for the 15".

My problem is I want 1280 x 1024 not 1024 x 768! So is there anyway I can change the maximum resolution settings in the display panel?

Thank-you in advance.

A:Screen resolution not the same!

You probably just need to install the monitor's driver, so that the make and model of the 17" is shown, also tick the hide modes box.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-not-the-same-94675.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello

I have a Benq model FP 791 , i am having issues with screen resolution, current settings are 1152 x 864
i have been using this for awhile but when i logged in today, it is cutting off the top of page ?

Is the monitor or my settings ?

Thank you

Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.1169592/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

At my mom's computer. A friend of hers went and downloaded that stupid "billion hours free" via AOL (no offense to any AOL users). Well it seemed to mess up the screen resolution and now I can't get it to go past 640x480 and it's on 4bit! I can't seem to download any new drivers plus the screen is really hard to read...any advice out there before I have to pay AOL a visit with my trusty bat?

Have you uninstalled the AOHell software? That company has a history of not completely testing their software with all configurations, hence having so much bad rep from all over. If it's an XP or ME machine, you could also try to do a system restore to an earlier time.

More than likely though, the vid drivers have been messed up, so see if it will allow you to do a 'rollback' of them. Yuo can find that option in the vid card properties under the driver tab.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.379705/
Relevancy 43%

I just got a new computer with windows 7.
I am using my old monitor, a generic PnP, Nec that worked fine with XP.
I cannot get good resolution. With XP, once set at the highest setting, the icons got smaller and everything was sharper.
That will not happen with W.7. The device manager says it is fine. It doesn't find a better driver. Windows says everything is set optimally. But icons are too big, at 100% and things are slightly out of focus.

A:can't set screen resolution

What is the highest resolution Windows 7 shows in the resolution properties box?
VGA connection I assume?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/332244-cant-set-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Okay, so My bro got a computer monitor, but the screen was toooooo small. So he change the screen resoultion. But when he changed it they said "Scrren out Ranged" and we can't change them bak. PLZ HELP

You mean when you start the PC you get "Screen out of Range"....?

Try this....and see if you can change it back

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.914504/
Relevancy 43%

hi i am trying to install some software but it wont install because it needs 1280 x 1024
my screen is 1280 x 800 does anyone know a way i could get this installed

thanks

A:screen resolution help

Originally Posted by lucyislay

hi i am trying to install some software but it wont install because it needs 1280 x 1024
my screen is 1280 x 800 does anyone know a way i could get this installed

thanks

Hi

Not sure about the software installation but you should be able to change the screen resolution of your monitor from the control panel. You should have a section there labelled "monitor" or the name of your graphic card.
Mine says "Control panel for NVIDIA" along with the graphic card icon but yours may be different.

Open this option and there should be a page on which you can change your screen resolution.
Mine is a slider but it could equally be a selection list. eg

800 x 600
960 x 600
1024 x 768
1162 x 864
1280 x 768
1280 x 800
1280 x 960
1280 x 1024
1360 x 768
1440 x 900
1680 x 1050

Pick the one you want and retry the software.

Best of luck

Penphill

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/265849-screen-resolution-help.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently up graded my moniter and video card. the monitor is a sony, only I am not sure of the size. the video card is a nvidia gforce 4xxx with 64 meg memoery. the loargest I can get the screen resolution is 1024x768, I would like to make it bigger if at all possible, can anyone help me please?

Welcome to TSF....

The resolution you see is a combination between the monitor and the video card, if the monitor will not handle resolution above 1024x768 then you are up the creek. I would check the specs on the monitor on the web site for the manufacturer of the monitor and if the nvidia only has 64 Mb memory then it probably will not handle much above that either. I would try a video card with atleast 128 Mb or more.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-310234.html
Relevancy 43%

how would I test my screen resolution?

There are various free utilities that generate test patterns. One such program is called LCD Test, by Eric Smith. Some of the patterns can also be used on CRT monitors. To check your monitor's horizontal resolution, you use a pattern of alternating, 1 pixel wide, black and white vertical lines. To check your monitor's vertical resolution, you use a pattern of alternating, 1 pixel wide, black and horizontal white lines. The patterns are drawn based on the current settings of your video controller. If you have an LCD monitor, the controller should be set to match the native resolution of the LCD panel in the monitor.

A description of the program and the keyboard commands can be found here:
https://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/software/lcdtest/

The program can be downloaded from the Major Geeks web site here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/lcdtest.html

The executable file runs the program directly, and does not need to be installed. It will probably trigger security warnings as being an unsigned program. If you are not comfortable with that, you will need to find another free or paid for program that passes Windows security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.1171582/
Relevancy 43%

hello.
I had need for speed installed on vista and then upgraded to windows7 and the game does not play in full screen like it did on vista.

Is there a reason why? my drivers are all up to date(the same drivers as vista used) , it is also like that when i play dvd's they dont show in full screen but if i play a video file in .avi format it works in full screen.

It happens with DVD's and any other gmes i install aswell.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-resolution-406091.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have been having a problem with my screen resolution. One moment it's fine then the next moment I restart my computer it suddenly goes all BIG.
I tried to log on and checked the screen resolution (right click desktop>screen resolution) and it's 1280 x 1024, but it is usually something higher than that. I am not sure if the computer or the screen has a problem.

On 1280 x 1024 your screen will something look like this .

Change it to the highest resolution you have in your monitor or the one which has written ' recommended ' after it in brackets ;

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/329100-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

This is a resolution bug screen strange issue that no one has been able to address I am running Windows XP w Svc Pack I am using the integrated Video controller - NVIDIA GeForce The display is a HP Pavillion mx About of the time whenever I close Mozilla my screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then comes back but screen resolution bug the display is now set to X I then can go back into the Display properties and reset to whatever setting I prefer and it the system will run fine until the next occurrence This will sometimes happen when I open Mozilla but it usually only happens when the browser is being closed I don t recall this happening when I close any other application i e IE etc but I m not sure either One workaround that does seem to work is using ctrl alt del and then hitting quot end task quot on the Mozilla application FYI - I use AVG Anti-virus and have run Adaware and Spybot The problem has been ongoing for a couple of months and I have lived with it until now but I would like to resolve this if possible Any suggestions Thanks Kimo nbsp

A:screen resolution bug

Right-click "My Computer" and choose "Manage".

Check the Event Viewer --> Application and System for any errors and post them here.
Also...you might want to try Dr. Watson. Click Start-->Run "drwatson" and open Mozilla and close it. See if the Dr. can catch the error. Another thing, download and try Firefox. Does that cause the same problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution-bug.304162/
Relevancy 43%

Im new and not really sure which forum to post this but I am new to Windows 7. I used an upgrade disc i bought last night to upgrade from windows vista. Im not great with computers so please dumb it down for me if possible...

I have an HP laptop (pavilion dv4) and i use an external monitor with my laptop. When i use my laptop screen the resolution works perfectly, but when I plug my HP external monitor in it screws the resolution up by stretching the screen and making text fuzzy on the monitor and on the laptop it makes the screen smaller with black lines at the right and left.

anyones help and input would be awesome!

Thanks
-Eric

A:Im new.. Need help with screen resolution Please

Did you adjust your screen resolution? Right click on the Desktop > screen resolution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/112112-im-new-need-help-screen-resolution-please.html
Relevancy 43%

i have i lg 42" hdtv and i have just bought a packard bell computer which uses windows 7, i plugged a rgb cable in and an audio cable they both worked fine the screen fit perfect, until i plugged a hd cable in, my resolution is 1920 x 1080 (recommended), however this does not fit my tv it is to big, although when i try to go 1680 x 1050 which is the one below it simply is to small. so i have no idea what to do ????

I've always had much better luck using HDMI cables for large TVs. I know for my 42" Vizio, once I set the resolution, I had to also adjust the positioning and size in the TV's settings.

On a side note...Packard Bell still makes computers? I thought they went out of business over a decade ago.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/135938-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Which one do you recommend I use on my Laptop ?

Hello George,

Does it do anything different with either option?

If you test them, be sure to only use the "Apply" button in case you lose video afterwards, and you can let it revert back automatically in 15 seconds of just letting it sit there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/210439-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone i wanted to know if anyone can help me fix my screen resolution in windows 7 everything is just so big and i tried changing the screen resolution and nothing will happen and when i try to see if theres any necessary updates in windows 7 and nothing can anybody help me??

A:Screen Resolution to big

What Windows build are you using and what sort of connection do you use to connect to your monitor, DVI or VGA.

It can be allot more helpful if you fill in your system specs, you can see the link on the bottom left side of the post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7068-screen-resolution-big.html
Relevancy 43%

when i start up the cpu i recieve an error message indicating that i have no disk in the drive and to insert a disk into drive\device
harddisk1\dr1 after bypassing the error by click continue my screen resolution decreases and lowers in quality. i may have removed a needed driver in trying to rid myself of a subseven rundll16.exe virus.

you will need to install up-to-date drivers and make sure you have default monitor (not VGA!) under Monitors in the Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.173179/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

Just bought a new computer, 2 22" monitors that I know can go up to 1680x1050 resolution and the following graphics card: Nvidia Quadro FX570.

Only problem is I can't seem to get a screen resolution larger than 1280x1024, surely that can't be right??

Can someone please help?

Many thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-screen-resolution-please-225537.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,
I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and everything was working fine. Then I turned it off and turned it back on and now a little pop-up comes up and says my screen resolution isn't right (meant to be 1366 x 768). So, i went to "screen resolution" and... It said 1366 x 768... so now I'm really confused and not sure what to do because a couple of my games don't work and what have you.

Thanks, and sorry about not reeeally knowing anything about computers,
Talia

Quote: Originally Posted by talia

Hi,
I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and everything was working fine. Then I turned it off and turned it back on and now a little pop-up comes up and says my screen resolution isn't right (meant to be 1366 x 768). So, i went to "screen resolution" and... It said 1366 x 768... so now I'm really confused and not sure what to do because a couple of my games don't work and what have you.

Thanks, and sorry about not reeeally knowing anything about computers,
Talia

Hello Talia !! Welcome to SF !!

I guess the System is not using most update Display drivers. First download and update the most current display drivers then go to Screen resolution and adjust the resolution until it finds the best one.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/85246-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Everyone,

Ihave a new computer. Iwant to download a desktop wallpaper.Everything I see is smaller resolution than my wide screen 1140X900. How can i get these wallpapers to fit my screen?

charley1

Hi charley1.
I assume you mean "1440"X900.?
You can force a smaller size wallpaper to fill the screen by right clicking on your desktop, select properties>Desktop tab. Under "Position" select "Stretch" from the drop down menu.
Unfortunetly, you will end up with a stretched image that does not look real well.
There are plenty of free wallpapers out there available in 1440X900 if you look around.
Another alternative would be to just make your own or take a larger image and crop out a 1440X900 section of it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78953/screen-resolution/
Relevancy 43%

I dont know a lot about computers so I'm sorry if i get some of this wrong. Basically, I recently installed w7 on my Dell Dimension 3000 and im having problems with my screen resolution. I can only change my screen resolution to a set number of combinations, meaning that i can only have my usual 1024x768 resolution with 256 colour, not 16-bit or higher which i used to have with xp. my choices are:

1024x768, 256 colour
800x600, 256 colour
640x480, 256 colour
640x480, high colour (16-bit)
640x480, 16 colour

is my limited choice of options due to my graphics card or my drivers, and what do I need to do to fix it?

Quote: Originally Posted by greendaykiz

I dont know a lot about computers so I'm sorry if i get some of this wrong. Basically, I recently installed w7 on my Dell Dimension 3000 and im having problems with my screen resolution. I can only change my screen resolution to a set number of combinations, meaning that i can only have my usual 1024x768 resolution with 256 colour, not 16-bit or higher which i used to have with xp. my choices are:

1024x768, 256 colour
800x600, 256 colour
640x480, 256 colour
640x480, high colour (16-bit)
640x480, 16 colour

is my limited choice of options due to my graphics card or my drivers, and what do I need to do to fix it?

Probably. Any chance you can tell us what video card? WIn 7 uses more video resources than XP, but there are ways to minimize their use.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/122166-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

today i was clearing some unused programs off of my laptop and i think i messed up a little bit. because now my widescreen display is very bad and looks kind of "squished verticaly" any ideas???

A:Screen resolution???

Hi matster922, and welcome to TSG.

Try right clicking on an unused area of the desktop to get a menu that should let you choose the display controller's control panel. That control panel should then let you set the the correct resolution for your display. If you can not find a suitable resolution, you may have deleted some video controller software during your clearing process. In which case you will need to re-install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.893893/
Relevancy 43%

Hi i have used to connect to my pc (vista x64 Radeon 4670) through vnc that is connected to a fullhd tv via hdmi. When i shut down the tv nothing happened to the screen resolution when connected through vnc but now with W7 x64 when i turn off the tv the resolution changes to some lower and i cant use the whole 1920x1080 and after turning the tv on again it resizes to the full resolution but with icons on desktop without any order! Is there any way to W7 not automatic change resolution when turning off the tv like in vista??? Thx

A:VNC screen resolution :-(

Solved: after installing powerstrip and adding the 1080p resolution without tv on works! uninstalled powerstrip and still its working

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/24656-vnc-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

I cannot change my screen resolution - 640 x 480 & 16 colors - that is all I can get. The button will not slide. It looks awful. I am using Windows 98 SE. It is a Compaq Deskpro computer. PLEASE HELP!

Unless you are using an ancient computer and/or monitor, your drivers aren't installed. What kind of video card do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.155170/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I have my screen resolution set to 1680x1080. Mt PC is connected to a Samsung SyncMaster 2030MW via VGA. The problem i have is that sometimes when my computer boots up it loads in a much lower resolution even though i constantly have it set to maximum. Is there any reason why it would be doing this?

Many thanks

It could be a poor connection, 2 of the pins in the VGA style cable are used to 'tell' the PC the resolutions etc the monitor can handle. If they don't connect properly this could cause your problem.

With all power off try removing and reconnecting the VGA connector several times at both ends, this should clean the pins and may improve connectivity.

If that doesn't help I would try a new cable.

EDIT : check all the pins are straight before doing the above !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.974729/
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys, i got an HP Pavilion dv6 15'' screen. And an 26 '' LCD tv from Sharp. And when i got it up on the tv, the picture is overfilled. It`s verry annoying. Any help ? I used every settings on my graphics car. Nothing help.

A:How to i get the screen resolution right on my tv.

What do you mean "overfilled"? How are you connecting the LCD to the laptop? How are you extending the laptop to the TV?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/272247-how-i-get-screen-resolution-right-my-tv.html
Relevancy 43%

My three year old son was messing with the computer and has some how changed the resolution. I tried readjusting through the controls on the monitor, even taking it back to the factory settings. However, it did not seem to help. It is so light it is hard to find the text boxes and search boxes to type in.

Does anyone know of any other options I might try. Please keep in mind that I am just an average user with out any major knowledge of computers. So I need it explained in layman's terms.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, try a system restore : System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294280-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 458127 MB; D: Total - 238414 MB, Free - 237186 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0HH807
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I have an HP 2020 monitor. It requests 1600 X 900 screeen resolution, I can't eveen find it much less install.

Relevancy 43%

ok here goes....i installed xp on my old comp.......worked good and then i turned the comp off next day i turned it on again and wen the xp window comes up all i see is a blurred screen :S i think its got something to do with the screen resolution settings but i dont no how to change them so i can actually see it.

can anyone shed some light?

A:xp screen resolution

Boot into safe mode and set it to the lowest resolution then reboot and make your adjustments.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-screen-resolution-8716.html
Relevancy 43%

How do i change the screen resolution in Win 10 ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Screen resolution.

Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings. You will find a dropdown to select the resolution that you want.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Screen-resolution/td-p/5303712
Relevancy 43%

Hello I have a Compaq EVO D S SFF which I had plugged to my LCD TV as a media centre just to watch movies and all I had not connected this computer to the resolution Screen internet because I did not have a wireless card I finally installed a wireless card and then windows started doing all sorts of updates as expected since the version on the SFF was SP Once Screen resolution windows was done with the updates I started having problems with the screen resolution The SFF does not have a stand alone video card so I had set the resolution at x and this worked just fine before the updates Now the resolution keeps changing and this is a problem because the LCD TV gives me a message saying quot Resolution Not Supported quot so I can t use Screen resolution the computer unless I connect Screen resolution it to a regular computer monitor select x and then connect to the TV I connect via VGA port not DVI don t have DVI Any suggestions on how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Not sure the best section to put this... but here it goes...

My resolution is set to 1680x1050. But, any time I play a game in a different resolution (bf1942 in 800x600 for example), after done playing the desktop resolution is fine. I start my computer back up the next day and my desktop resolution is set to 800x600...

I'm not sure how to fix this at the moment... but it is pretty annoying having to arrange my desktop icons every time I restart after playing a game.

A:Screen Resolution Changes

Hello Green Machine.
You will need to give us a bit more information for us to be able to help you.
PC type, laptop or desktop ?
What graphics card do you have.
Can you please fill in you system specs and we will try to help you, thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/256129-screen-resolution-changes.html
Relevancy 43%

Using windows 2000 we accidently changed the display setting in
the control panel in DISPLAY and changed the screen resolution
and now we cannot access anything as the screen displays out of range or fuzzy lines we are using a vga monitor, could someone please help i need to find a way to change the settings back.

Welcome to TSG

See if this thread at the bottom can help you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.131466/
Relevancy 43%

Im not too sure if this is the right place to write this. but my laptop went flat, and then i charged it, and it was on the lowest screen resolution possible. i tried 2 change it, but its still horrible, theres no way to put it back to the original resolution. i tried updating drivers and stuff, and some of the stuff u guys write isnt good for ppl hu dont understand computers haha.

please help, it hurts my eyes!

A:Screen Resolution, Help!

Which laptop are you using?
For a laptop you need to use the native display of the screen. This is because the display is made up of liguid crystals and if the setting is wrong the display may look blurred.
Try 1024 x 768.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/168446-screen-resolution-help.html
Relevancy 43%

A friend of mine has the following setup:
"Computer is Inspiron 1564 Laptop
Graphics card is 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 Native res = 1366x768 Screen is AOC 210V Native res = 1680x1050 Basically the laptop won't allow me any higher than it 1366x768 when running the AOC"
We have tried together (over the phone) going through the display settings and extend to the second screen/ advanced settings and the only option was something like 1920x1366 with 25hz?!
Would anyone of you have an idea what's going on here?

Thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by win7go

A friend of mine has the following setup:
"Computer is Inspiron 1564 Laptop
Graphics card is 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 Native res = 1366x768 Screen is AOC 210V Native res = 1680x1050 Basically the laptop won't allow me any higher than it 1366x768 when running the AOC"
We have tried together (over the phone) going through the display settings and extend to the second screen/ advanced settings and the only option was something like 1920x1366 with 25hz?!
Would anyone of you have an idea what's going on here?

Thanks

Might be as simple as your/their video driver. try re-installing it

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/87956-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

I am running XP pro with a profile. I have my screen resolution set to 800 by 600. Everytime I reboot, after about 5 seconds the screen goes blank and then comes back on with the highest resolution the video card can handle all on its own. I tried deleting my profile and redoing it and it still does it. I have to manually change my screen resolution everytime I use the pc.

I suggest you start by downloading the latest video drivers for your card. Uninstall the existing drivers, reboot and install the new ones.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-7050.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok, so I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
I have ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics & ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
I have went to AMD official website and download their cataclyst and I have updated all my display drivers.
I am using a 36" Insignia TV for my Computer Monitor and it's connected
via a VGA cable.
Now AMD VISION Engine Control Center says:
Maximum Reported Resolution: 1920x1080
Maximum Reported Refresh Rate: 75Hz

How come I can only put my Resolution to: 1360x768

Even in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center I change the
Monitor Attributes to Maximum Resolution: 1920x1080 and Maximum Refresh rate: 75Hz
and I still can't get a higher resolution then 1360x768.

How can I fix this?

Maximum refresh rate of 75Hz does not mean that is where it should be run or set.

Refresh rate has to be set to what the monitor uses.
If intended to use the TV as monitor you will have to find refresh rate for the TV which 99% of the time is 60Hz on TV's and monitors.

My Samsung monitor is one of the 1% which is rare.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/166513-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

I've been running xp but now run win8. my DGM- L20412w monitor is running at 1024 x 768 but it should run at 1680 x 1050
win 8 wont let me change the resolution. has anyone got any win8 drivers for the above monitor? or any other ideas?

chees
JD

its possible the windows 8 machine graphics only support 1024x768

do you know what the display is on the windows 8 machine
make and exact model of the pc would help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.1119688/
Relevancy 43%

Hello and thx for the help in advance. Im an intermediate pc owner knowledge wise. did a clean istall of windows 7 and now my screen resolution is stuck at 640x480. with that resloution everything is too big. i cantmove slider to a smaller res. i was able to do it before my install of windows 7. i dont know where to go for my drivers if thats the case. i did the driver search online to update driver but no luck. it says the best possible one is this one. heres my specs. please Help!!!!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 149354 MB, Free - 105972 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0WF887
Antivirus: None

where did you get the windows 7 software from ?

would you do the following please
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Validation

Please download and run MGADiag Diagnostic Tool and post back the report it creates:

Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program
Click "Continue"
Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default)
Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard
Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply

Please download and run WVCheck and post back the report it creates:

Double-click WVCheck.exe.
As indicated by the prompt, this program can take a while depending on your hard drive space.
Once the program is done, copy the contents of the Notepad file as a reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.1095763/
Relevancy 43%

Recently purchased new HP desktop, suddenly when using microsoft outlook, screen resolution changes from standard settings to 640 x ?? Does anyone know a solution? Thanks

A:Screen resolution changes

is it only happening in outlook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-resolution-changes-522697.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Dell Inspiron computer with Win 7 Pro Installed.  I also have an Acer S200HQL flat screen monitor.  Dell and Acer would not help me.  When the screen resolution (via the control panel) is set to 1600x900 (the recomended value) any resizable form overfills the screen.  Only a sliver at the top of screen shows.  I can barely make out the minimize, maximize and exit buttons.  When I set the resolution to a lower value (any available values between 1280x1024 and 1600x900) the form fits correctly virtically, but is streched horizontally.  Maybe I can set the values to non displayed choices?  I tried to upgrate the monitor driver.  I am running the most current driver. 

Any options, any solutions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Resolved somehow.  Found on line a document, poorly written by Acer about the buttones on the underside of the monitor.  Played withe buttons for about an hour.  Lost the screen many times.  Finally it came back without overflow or streching.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575656/screen-resolution/
Relevancy 43%

After installing W7 again on a notebook I have the idea the screen resolution is not correct?, And how about the vga, is that usual?

A:Screen Resolution?

Hi there ... Your Graphics is showing as Standard .. Go to the Device Manager click on display right click property's details tab .. And Post back the Information ... It is either an Intel or Nvidia Graphics

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/323884-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I currently have Windows Vista installed on my laptop, and everything is great except for the fact that I cannot get my resolution any higher than 1024x768, and I have a widescreen laptop with a standard resolution of 1200x800 (I believe). Anybody know how I can fix this?

Thank you very much.

that has got to be entirely dependent on the video driver you're using ... thankfully NVidia included driver support for my 6800 ultra so i'm able to run at a variety of resolutions (although not as many as under winxp, but i'm sure that will change in the future)
right now i'm running at 1920x1200 and its working fine... although there doesn't seem to be support for dual monitors currently... windows recognizes that i have a dual-display but is unable to extend the desktop over to it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42649/screen-resolution/
Relevancy 43%

HP Slimline Desktop - 411-a025na (ENERGY STAR) new yesterday, connected to Samsung TV via HDMI - desktop too big for screen. Tried all resolution fixes shown on web, to no avail. Tried to download latest intel driver from HP site, but system does not meet minimum criteria.  Can't even change resolution on TV to compensate other than 4:3, 16:9 Can anyone help please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Screen-resolution/td-p/5778900
Relevancy 43%

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, with Windows XP Home Edition. I installed Symantics PC Anywhere 9.2 and it reset my screen resolution to 640x480, I've tried to change it to original setting of 1024x768 but it won't let me change it. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Relevancy 43%

ive just built my own pc and need a bit of help.
i hooked my pc to a 32" widescreen tv and cannot get the screen resolution right. at both side of my screen it is blank and want to use my pc as widescreen. so im just wondering if there is a certain resolution i have to use or is there anything i could buy/download to help my situation?

thank you -ash-

Questions ...
Does the attached perfect Circle/Square look round and square on the TV ???
What is your display resolution setting ???

And .. Welcome to the TSG forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.780832/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop which I love but most images seem too XP Screen big resolution too big for my screen This happens in programs like Word and at just about every internet web site The screen won t show the full page and I have to move the bar along the bottom to XP Screen resolution too big the right to be able to see the right side of the page This began after I used my computer to show a business PowerPoint presentation and the tech there made some adjustment to my computer to get it to send the signal to their digital projector I have used the quot properties quot button on the desk top and the resolution is set at the XP Screen resolution too big smallest it shows but pages still spill over beyond XP Screen resolution too big the display area Using the Microsoft Exploerer for the Internet I have tried adjusting the quot view quot from the tool bar across the top but that doesn t solve the problem either The spill-over also happens when I use FireFox so I m thinking that the problem is with the computer display settings rather than with any particular browser or software program Thanks in advance for whatever you might be able to tell me to help me solve this GH nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I was playing Quake II on my WinXP Home Dell Inspiron laptop when Quake and my firewall got tangled up and I had to reboot to free things up. Well naturally I should not have done that because it left my screen resolution in whatever setting Quake II had it in.

When I call up the Display Settings to reset it I cannot see nor access the section of the panel to restore the setting to the proper value.

I cannot move the screen high enough to access the lower half of the screen.

Is there some way to resize this window or another way to reset the screen resolution?

Boot up in Safe Mode. Tap F8 continually as the laptop is booting. Set the resolution there. Then reboot normally.

Or, if you have an external monitor available, plug it in and set things from there (F5 should toggle between LCD and external)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.187367/
Relevancy 43%

For some reason, my native screen resolution will no longer fit my monitor. (1360x768)

I've updated my graphics card driver (NVIDIA GTX 650)
Auto Adjust won't work

Setting the native resolution via the systems Display Settings puts me in a hyper widescreen mode with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

Doing the same through the NVIDIA control panel however, makes the screen fit vertically, but extend way past the edge of the screen to the left. using Auto Adjust still not working after this.

I am at my wits end and have no idea what to do. pls halp

EDIT:

I'm using windows 10, 64-bit OS if that's relevant :)

A:Screen resolution won't fit

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Try removing your graphics driver using this tool here:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.5.5

Then reinstall it using GeForce Experience.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/screen-resolution-wont-fit-1119361.html
Relevancy 43%

Why can't I change my screen resolution? I recentely reformatted my WindowsXP and I can't seem to change my SR anymore. It says this message "Input not supported." Any reasons? I can't stand 800x600

Welcome.. If you recently formatted then more than likely your video card is lacking the proper driver and Windows is using it's generic driver.. Go to Control panel/ system/ device manager and look for any yellow exclamation points. Check that the proper driver for your video card is installed.. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.610362/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

I have a Radeon 8500 series video card and a 19' flat panel monitor.

I'm looking to get to 1600 x 1200 screen resolution, but
that is not available in the 'Display' settings.

My question is: what is stopping this from happening?

My upstairs (old) computer has a geForce2 and an old 19' CRT monitor. I am able to set this to 1600 x 1200.

So, IF it is a monitor issue, will swapping monitors allow 1600 x 1200?

Is it a video card thing? If so, is it a hardware thing, or can I download something that will allow me to run in 1600 x 1200.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jordan

A:Screen Resolution Help

Hi, and welcome to TSF. usually the limiting factor in resolution is the monitor. Is the monitor detected correctly in the device manager? And is the monitor capable of that resolution? Also check to make sure the horizontal and vertical scan frequencies are within what the monitor can do. LCD's often aren't capable of as high a freq's as the CRT's, but they're getting better as the technology improves.

I'm suspecting you're at 1280 X 1024. That's all my 17" MAG will do. May be all your 19" whatever will do also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-help-38619.html
Relevancy 43%

When I set the screen resolution to a smaller screen size it returns to the larger size on re-start of the computer. I did the traditional screen setting thing, but it always defaults to the larger size on re-start. Help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lap-top-screen-resolution.387496/
Relevancy 43%

I just installed window 10.

The screen resolution is so low I can hardly see the text.
I tried to change the screen resolution like I did with windows 8.1.
But it doesn't change like Windows 8.1..
How can I change it?

Don Cole

Did you install display drivers?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/58426-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

compaq presario 5000, 5BW130, new seagate hardrive, new install of windows xp sp2. My problem is I want to change the screen resolution, in display properties it won't let me move the slider it's set for 800 by 600 pixels, can't move it any further, color quality is: High 24 (bit) or medium (16 bit) that's it. I want to make thing smaller what do I have to do, and what do I need??

Maybe you didn't install the proper driver for your display adapter (graphics card)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.686909/
Relevancy 43%

Suddenly the preferred screen resolution of 1440 x 900 changes and is no longer available in the slidebar. Every other setting causes a error box to tell me it is wrong and then the monitor goes to sleep. It is driving me mad.Is there a driver update or something I can do. I have not changed anything.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-resolution-not-available/td-p/5657296
Relevancy 43%

[FONT=

Each time that I boot up my computer no matter what my screen resolution is set for the screen goes blank and defaults to the lowest screen resolution and renders my screen useless because the Icons are too large. How can I set the screen resolution to a permanent setting?
I have a generic (ebay) computer PC/400 w/384 mgs of 2100ddr ram, 60 gig h.d. and Nvidia geoforce 2 video card.
I am using xp. I have deleted the driver and sound card many times to no avail.
thank you in advance for your help
[email][email protected][/email]

Did you press OK in the display settings dialog?

Maybe you are starting Windows in safe mode?

Maybe Windows isn't detecting the vid card correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-resolution.6009/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys I have a widescreen monitor which has a resolution of x However recently I installed a new game Tee Worlds which required me to work at a x as far as I could tell - it would only work at said resolution but didn't show any pop-up error specifically telling me this I have just restarted Screen resolution my computer after uninstalling Norton Anti-Virus Symantec because it was annoying me with pop-up boxes that just wouldn't go away Now that my computer is re-started I can't change my screen resolution to a widescreen one Before I had about or maybe even options on the screen Screen resolution resolution slide in the Setting tab of display properties Now I only have the bog-standard I cannot seem to find the source of this problem I only noticed it because when I turned the computer back on after restarting it the resolution had been put at x so I went to change it and noticed that I couldn't put it at widescreen This is really frustrating as everything look kinda stretched and weird It's not totally urgent but I'd love some help I've got sp I think Thanks in advance techy guys Andrew EDIT Also now that I try to run Maple Story a game it comes up with the error quot failed in finding proper screen mode for gr D quot I am searching for a solution to this on Maple Story forums but I have never had this problem before and I use Maple Story almost every day Please help me I cannot live without this game gt gt EDIT again Grr yet another problem My computer is running really really slow and laggy It's really jerky when for example a program is running or even if I am simply trying to resize a window It's all laggy and slow All of this happened simply after uninstalling Norton Anti-Virus and one other program which I forget the name of ATI Uninstall or something It was only about mb I didn't think it was significant Oh crap I just realised did I just uninstall my video card driver or something stupid How could I forget what ATI is How do I get it back When I run dxdiag there is no information in the Display tab

Woo, I feel really clever! I sorted the problem out! For those who wouldn't have know what to do...

Basically, since I couldn't find out what my graphics card was in dxdiag, I checked it out via my Device Manager and found it to be the Radeon 9000 series... So I went on the ATI website, downloaded the driver, uninstalled the current ATI stuff and installed the new stuff. Blam! All my problems are solved.

I'm only 14, too. >_>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-294626.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey, my screen resolutions never seem to stay like they were. I had a 1440 * 900 selected which diappeared from the resolution list, so when I opned my PC this morning, my resolution was changed to something else than 1440 * 900 AND . . this resolution isn't supported anymore.

Another screen resolutions that are possible and have right dimensions, are 1680 * 1050 which is a bit too small for my eyes and 1280 * 768, which is a bit too big for my eyes. The 1440 * 900 is just about the right size, but this option seems to want to disappear every now and then. Any ideas?

Thank you!

I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:My screen resolution - HELP!

What graphics card are you using? We'll need that information, please fill out your system specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/310709-my-screen-resolution-help.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I have a Compaq EVO D S SFF which I had plugged to my LCD TV as a media centre resolution Screen just to watch movies and all I had not connected this computer to the internet because I did not have a wireless card I finally installed a wireless card and then windows started doing all sorts of updates as expected since the version on the SFF was SP Once windows was done with the updates I started having problems with the screen resolution The SFF does not have a stand alone video card so I had set the resolution at x and this worked just fine before the updates Now the resolution keeps changing and this is a problem because the LCD TV gives me a message saying quot Screen resolution Resolution Not Supported quot so I can't use the computer unless I connect it to a regular computer monitor select x and then connect to the TV I connect via VGA port not DVI don't have DVI Any suggestions on how to fix this

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Device Manager and open up Display Adapter.and Right click the Display Adapter and choose Update Driver. Choose to Install From a List, Then choose Don't Search, I will choose a driver Click Next. It will show you a couple of them, choose the Non-Microsoft driver, or the driver at the bottom of the list.See if that works. Or you can download an updated driver from the Manufacturer of the Display Drivers web site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-resolution-406564.html
Relevancy 43%

I have windows XP on my computer. Can someone tell me specifically how to change my screen resolution? Thank you very much. Murrar

Right-click on a clear portion of the Windows desktop (that is, not on an icon or button) and choose Properties on the pop-up. On the Settings tab there is a slider to set the resolution. If the resolution you need isn't available, press the Advanced button, choose Adapter and press the List all Modes button. If the resolution you want is there, choose it and it should then appear as an option on the slider.

If you can't find the resolution you need, let us know and we'll help you further.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342149/screen-resolution/
Relevancy 43%

i like to have my screen resolution on the lowest my graphics card can handle which is 1024X768 as it magnifies this on the screen so it is easier to see on my 32" lcd. the downside is that some things are impossible to do as the resolution is too small. to give you an example i have taken a screenshot of a application i have maximized, i should be able to see a few function buttons at the bottom of the application but i can not and there is no way to scroll down. on a higher screen resolution i can see the whole of the application in maximized mode.
is there a way to fix this

A:screen resolution help

Look like it is all there hence nothing to scroll.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/49288-screen-resolution-help.html
Relevancy 43%

I installed an old computer game on my vista computer and when i quit the game, the resolution of the scrren has doubled in size.
The icons, font and webpages are so big on the screen now and i can't figure out how to change them back to the normal size.

I know i haven't phrased this partcularly well but I am no good with computer lingo...any advice would be great though!
Thanks!

A:Screen resolution too big

Control Panel > Personalization > Display Settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution-too-big.784238/
Relevancy 43%

Hello there people, I'm new to the forums and windows seven, for which I seek your help for. I have just purchased a 9600GT which is capable of a resolution of 2560x1600 but my monitor is only stated to be 1680-1050, My question is this, would it do my monitor any damage to force upon it the said 2560-1600?

Edit: It is an acer 22" and not one in specs.

A:What Screen Resolution?

it will not display resolutions higher than it supports, you will get a blank screen or a warning about the resolution not being supported.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7685-what-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi By mistake i have set my screen resolution too low and everything is BIG . When i now go to the settings tab it appears so BIG i can't get the cursor down to the 'ok' to correct it ??? Any idears Rob.(xp inspiron9200)

A:xp screen resolution too BIG!!!!!!!

use the Tab key to select the button then hit enter.

If you cannot see the OK button select the slider with the mouse then hit Tab 5 times and then press the enter key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-screen-resolution-too-big-70258.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi can someone please please tell me why the image on my screen has a black border around it When I set my screen to the highest resolution x it works perfect and will display a full screen image It also displays a full screen image on the recommend resolution of x But any other resolution eg x will have a black border around it instead of using the full inches of my screen it will only use about inches I have updated to Fit Resolution Won't Screen! my graphics card and monitor with their latest drivers and really have no ideal what else I can do to Resolution Won't Fit to Screen! solve this problem I recently had Windows bit and have just upgraded to make full use of my GB of ram When using bit I could choose between any of the screen resolutions and they would work perfectly I have the exact same computer components as before so the only change has been from bit to bit Please Help - Andrew These are my computer specs OS Windows bit CPU Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB DDR Display Adapter Radeon X Pro Monitor Dell WFP HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue GB SATA Gb s MB Cache RPM SATA Hard Drives nbsp

A:Resolution Won't Fit to Screen!

1-Right click on a blank part of the desktop and select properties, then the settings tab.

2-Update the drivers of your graphic card and other hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-wont-fit-to-screen.931928/
Relevancy 43%

Cannot change resolution from 1920x1050. If I lower it it only uses half the screen . Any ideas..

May want to check your video drivers. This happened to me when I turned my monitor off then on during installation, but never since. Check you monitor settings to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1635-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi folks,

Asus mobo M4A78-E with onboard video
AMD Phenom II 955
RAM onboard 8G
Windows Vista 32bit
Samsung 2494HM LCD Display
DVI connection
Just purchased the captioned LCD display without HDMI cable supplied, only VGA and DVI cables (I'll call the shop selling this display tomorrow)

The max resolution can be achieved is;
1400 x 1050

But the display can support 1920 x 1080 resolution.

However I can't find the video driver for update on;
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Please help. Thanks in advance

P.S.
on Fedora 12 (Linux) running on another HD in the same box can support;
1920 x 1080 60Hz
B.R.
satimis

Satimis > I see the issue here, Looks like your running the Standard Display Driver.. Try running Windows Update from Start>All Programs>Windows Update and see if you can find the driver. May be under Optional updates :-)

Another issue, if I may bring it up - You're running 32 bit Vista on 8GB RAM.. Your OS cannot use even 1/3 of the memory. I recommend installing a 64 bit OS

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/266651-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

hello all
i'm having some trouble with my screen resolution . i set it at (800x600) cause i'm using a 51 inch big screen hd tv. it go's full screen but then for no reason it puts the bars back on the sides of the screen. i checked and it still reads (800x600) and i can't get it to change back to full screen until i reboot. works fine in vista . i'm not seeing anything about drivers failing so i'm not sure what's happening. please help

(Windows 7 Pre Beta 6801 (64 bit))

thanks
scrooge

It sounds like W7 is auto-detecting the best resolution that the TV can run under and maintain it's aspect ration, and thus keeps changing it back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/859-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

Is it possible to utilize a screen resolution unsupported by my monitor? I realize this may be a stupid question, but the highest resolution supported by my monitor is 1024 x 768, and I need something higher than that... So it's either find a way around this, or buy another monitor, which I'd like to avoid, as my monitor is relatively new.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 43%

hi, i have a desktop running on Windows 7 OS, and for some reason the screen is zoomed in, the taskbar is too big, the resolution is currently on 1024x768, and there are two others, 1280x1024 which is not supported by the monitor, and 1400x1050 which is too small. what can i do?

Relevancy 43%

Yeah so my cousins laptop(netbook) has a problem I dont know what he did with it but the resolution is way too big for the screen . I cant see the bottom part of the laptop and its really irritating. I tried going to display properties to change resolution but all it does is make it blurry. Really need help here?

PS : also when its booting up you cant see the bottom part.

A:Resolution too big for screen

Intel or amd laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/308280-resolution-too-big-screen.html
Relevancy 43%

When I use Windows Live Messenger on Windoows 7 it changes the screen resolution to Windows Basic (640x480) I am told that a running program has compatibility problems. I can use screen resolution process to change it back to 1024x768 and it works but it is a hassle. I do not know how to find out what program is causing this change.

WLM forum seems to recommend a clean install:

How to perform Clean Installation of Windows Live Messenger

edit: I found a few other hits with no solutions other than right click on
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger and see if there's any setting in the Compatibility tab. There wasn't any so it didn't continue with what to do if there was.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/171579-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 43%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
RAM: 247 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 32152 MB, Free - 26213 MB;
Motherboard: Compaq, 07E8h
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

After formatting my system i have not installed any driver yet and the system has poor screen resolution, and am unable to adjust the color quality.

A:Low screen resolution

Then you need to install the correct graphics driver for your card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-screen-resolution.1137778/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have a problem when i start up my computer, if i have my screen resolution at 800x600 and i start my computer it will make the resolution the max )1600x1200) and it will make a black boarder that is like a quarter of the screen all around. Can this be because of a virus that messed something up?

It sounds like the drivers for your graphics card have become corrupt. Reload them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution.389749/