Windows Support Forum

Windows XP Explorer.exe Application Error preventing Windows from starting

Q: Windows XP Explorer.exe Application Error preventing Windows from starting

Hi,

I am currently using a Sony Vaio PCS-C1MZX Notebook and an nowunable to access anything.

When I log in I get the message:
(Note that the above is a translation from my Japanese Windows XP)

When I click [OK] I get the same box pop-up. When I click [OK] again I am left with my wallpaper background but no taskbar or Desktop Icons.

This happens when I log in my area or as "Guest".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows XP Explorer.exe Application Error preventing Windows from starting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows XP Explorer.exe Application Error preventing Windows from starting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-explorer-exe-application-error-preventing-windows-from-starting.140174/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,I've just upgraded to windows 10 and after the last updates i found a message that stats:"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b), Click OK to close the application."I tried the previously mentioned solution; uninstalling the application and reinstalling several times but it didn't work.The application was listed in the programs and features and there's no problems devices shown in the Disk Manager.I even have tried to run the program from the "C" but i got a new message:"The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fixthis problem"Best regards,xhany.

A:AccelerometerSt.exe - Application Error at starting windows

Hi Please provide the Product number and full model of the unit to help you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/AccelerometerSt-exe-Application-Error-at-starting-windows/td-p/5208434
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey guys and gals,

i'm getting this error message on my screen everytime i start windows (see attachment). i typed it into google but i couldn't get a result. does anyone know what it is and how i can resolve the problem?

background info: a few weeks ago i did a system update and it made my computer go completely retarded. i had to turn off my anti-virus program and then shit really hit the fan. i was getting blue screens with error messages, the computer would start up then shut itself down etc. after hours of too-ing and fro-ing i was finally able to start windows normally and turn the anti-virus software back on.

once it was back on there wasn't so many issues, just the error message that i keep getting after start up and the whole system is actually running slower.

Can anyone offer some suggestion on how to rectify the problem?

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396772-application-error-message-after-starting-up-windows.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a Windows 7 machine.
It was working fine.
Now it will not boot.
When I try system repair, it says:
Root cause found
A patch is preventing the system from starting.
Repair action: System file integrity cheack and repair
Result: Failed. Error code 0x490

I have tried doing safe mode, last known good configuration etc and nothing works
Also, I tried to restore to an early checkpoint, but it claims that none exist, even thought I know we save restore points.

Please advise?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d7febc3-8d42-4f90-9c82-f44a1b6eadc5/windows-7-quota-patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-startingquot-error-code-0x490?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 78.26%

I ve 7) locks Explorer werfault.exe (Windows then application frequently error Windows get posted on the Malware removal forum before This is the first time I ve posted here SPECS all stock that came with Windows Explorer frequently locks then get werfault.exe application error (Windows 7) the system CPU Intel Pentium E GHz MB ASUS CM RAM GB Total - sticks DDR Apacer MBytes PC - H MHz GPU Intel G G Express Chipset MBytes PSU -Watt V A V A Hz OS Windows Home Premium SP Details A few weeks back my dad had somebody look at his computer and quot fix quot some problems However I don t know what was wrong with Windows Explorer frequently locks then get werfault.exe application error (Windows 7) it Whenever I used it I saw no problems Now after whoever looked at the computer messed with it Windows Explorer frequently locks up for a moment and then it displays a WerFault exe - Application Error that states quot The instruction at some address referenced memory at same address The memory could not be Windows Explorer frequently locks then get werfault.exe application error (Windows 7) written Click on OK to terminate the program quot The lock ups appear to happen at ramdom because it locks up when sitting idle as well The computer itself doesn t crash and there are no BSOD I looked at the Event Logs in the Event Viewer and found errors occuring quot Windows Logs Application quot portion When looking at the error details they all had a common link All had quot Faulting module name fslsp x dll unloaded quot and quot Faulting module path fslsp x dll quot I have attached a notepad file with of the most recent errors from the event logs I looked into fslsp x dll and it has something to do with F-Secure Security My dad s computer no longer has F-Secure Security He has Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed now I had him try uninstalling Malewarebytes and reinstalling F-Secure to see if that would fix the problem but he couldn t reinstall F-Secure He would get an error that there is a conflicting program that needed to be terminated manually System Restore Points do not go back far enough Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Windows Explorer frequently locks then get werfault.exe application error (Windows 7)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...on-error/1dada681-2d89-492f-92c0-2eae4c5a6d20
This should solve your issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-explorer-frequently-locks-then-get-werfault-exe-application-error-windows-7.190714/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey there,

So I'm just messing around with some configurations, at the moment with the aim of increasing productivity on my Win 8 laptop. I just scheduled a shutdown task, to be run every night and in the process I was wondering if there's anyway to prevent either:

Your computer from starting before a certain time or the operating system from loging you in before a certain time.

As an example, say I wanted to limit access to my computer before 9am how could you go about this?

A:Preventing windows from starting before a certain time.

Originally Posted by xyzabc123

Hey there,

So I'm just messing around with some configurations, at the moment with the aim of increasing productivity on my Win 8 laptop. I just scheduled a shutdown task, to be run every night and in the process I was wondering if there's anyway to prevent either:

Your computer from starting before a certain time or the operating system from loging you in before a certain time.

As an example, say I wanted to limit access to my computer before 9am how could you go about this?

Hello.

If you're using Windows 8 you can add a Child account and then use Family Safety to manage different settings of that account (I think there is a setting to manage time limits as well) --> Turn on Family Safety - Windows Help

Best regards.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53500-preventing-windows-starting-before-certain-time.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi as the title says I have two windows installed and one is screwing me over Awhile back my old primary hdd had my windows on it It was getting suuuuper slow and I knew its time was coming I made the upgrade to an ssd and installed windows on it When I did that I had the option from booting from two windows It didn't really bother me and I just used the ssd boot Finally as I had suspected my old hdd failed I still had it in my computer and one day I just couldn't access it from the My Computer window I didn't really think about it but when I turned my computer off and got back on my computer would tell me to install a proper boot drive and restart This was preventing me from getting anywhere and I on a whim decided to unplug and plug back in the old hdd I restarted and it loaded normally The weird thing was that I couldn't computer and starting 2 preventing from is my 1 me windows access the hdd even though it started up If I have the hdd unplugged the computer gives me the same message I even set my st 2 windows and 1 is preventing me from starting my computer boot option to my working ssd If the computer doesn't recognize the old hdd than it won't work I have no idea how to fix this other that unplugging and plugging back in the hdd but that tricks not even working Random info I 2 windows and 1 is preventing me from starting my computer dont have any windows cds or a CD drive I have access to another laptop and thumb drives

A:2 windows and 1 is preventing me from starting my computer

The BCD was probably on your HDD and not the SSD. Try doing a Startup Repair. It may take up to 3 times for a complete startup repair. You can download the iso file of Windows 7 that matches your version here. Use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. When starting Rufus opt out of any update check.

Edit: This would be done with the HDD disconnected. If connecting the HDD drive after startup repair causes a problem there is a way to solve that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555193/2-windows-and-1-is-preventing-me-from-starting-my-computer/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,

I got a bsod from a bad_pool_thread, followed by my computer trying to go into automatic repair (and then hanging) whenever I try to restart it and log into windows 8. From what I've read online, the best option to fix this seems to be to reinstall Windows 8. However, I do not have a Windows 8 DVD and I'm not sure if I can burn the OS to disc or try to start in safe mode without being able to get into Windows 8. Is there anything else I can try to figure out what's wrong with my computer? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

A:BSOD preventing windows 8 from starting

For starters:

At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

How far do you get into Automatic Repair? Can you select the Refresh/Reset options? Which have you tried (if you can get in).
Have you tried a System Repair Disc? How did you install Windows 8 the first time? If it came installed on your system you can usually get restore disks from the manufacturer.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/23061-bsod-preventing-windows-8-starting.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, All.
Have a problem with Windows 7 RTM. Been running it since it came out, updating patches automagically along the way. Has been very stable, etc. Noticed a few days ago that windows wanted me to install patches at shutdown, and I didn't have time to do it, so I skipped it for a few days. Last night I shut it down and when I tried to use it later, it hung on the black "Starting Windows" screen. System restore won't roll it back and repair from the install dvd won't work either. In the diagnosis and repair details, I get the following line buried within the logfile:

A patch is preventing the system from starting

No other info is provided. Any ideas where to go from here? I hate to sound like an end-user, but it worked fine yesterday (and the last several weeks), and doesn't today.

Thanks,
Andrew
(Frustrated System Admin)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-patch-preventing-system-from-starting-430354.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So this morning I was screwing around on my computer and all of a sudden the system freezes I manually restart it and now it goes into an Fatal starting Windows preventing from me problems endless cycle of rebooting Just before the Windows loading screen it automatically restarts itself I put in Fatal problems preventing me from starting Windows the Windows setup disc in an attempt to repair something but Fatal problems preventing me from starting Windows it said the boot sector has some unrecoverable errors and apparently my entire partition is corrupt It won t even let me reinstall Windows without reformatting first Any ideas on how to fix this aside from reformatting I m totally out of them Any idea what caused this If Fatal problems preventing me from starting Windows it was a virus Which would appear unlikely since I haven t gotten a virus in years if I got one it must ve been one of those pesky ones that slide in without you noticing what s some good virus protection I hear Norton sucks but I hear good things about System Mechanic something-or-the-other Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Fatal problems preventing me from starting Windows

if XP... if you can boot into safe mode...
if you can get into safe mode with command prompt do this

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
if that fails then use the xp cd and do a repair...
and if that fails you will in all likelyhood have to reinstall windows

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-problems-preventing-me-from-starting-windows.457865/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have when starting Windows error Explorer a computer that is getting an error when starting Windows Explorer The error message reads The instruction Windows Explorer error when starting at quot x c fa quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot written quot Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program Clicking on either button does pretty much the same thing It results in a series of similar messages being displayed and never letting you get to the browser Our virus software Sophos detected a couple of adware PUA programs I did not save my note on their names thinking that Sophos had cleaned up the problem I just reran a new scan and it detected Adware PUA - quot Hotbar quot This is an XP machine with Service Pack installed I am using Safari to post to this thread Attached are the text files requested by quot First Steps quot Let me know if you need anymore info Thanks Jeff DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Natasha Beck at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Sophos Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning disabled Updated FW disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files DELL Dell Laser MFP NetworkScan DNSCST exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C PROGRAM FILES DELL DELL LASER MFP PSU Scan Pc exe C Program Files DELL Dell Laser MFP PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe C Program Files SanDisk SanDisk TransferMate SD Monitor exe C Program Files Broderbund Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing minimavis exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Documents and Settings Natasha Beck My Documents Downloads TechSupportForum dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Bar mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www searchfeed com rd Clk jsp id amp r amp a amp lid amp la M amp lnk rhhE F vvv BDCyhexBkxlehEAkpe pDB gDDgAeyekxpryfq kyE E DfixCshixe amp k furniture amp p amp sid amp ex amp snid uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Sophos Web Content Scanner ea -b f - c -a bc- ada fd - c program files sophos sophos anti-virus SophosBHO dll BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolb... Read more

A:Windows Explorer error when starting

Hello and wellcome to TSF.

Apologies for the late response. First of all, you appear to have more than one antivirus application installed, i.e. Sophos and McAfee. Even if one is disabled, it would still cause problems. Please uninstall one of them via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. I don't know about Sophos, but McAfee has a Removal Tool.

Also, IE8 is still a beta product. Beta software is often problematic.

If you still require assistance, we would like to see the latest state of your system. So, please post a fresh DDS log as it has been a while since you posted, and we'll take it from there.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don?t hear from you in three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-explorer-error-when-starting-350778.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I've had my Toshiba Qosmio x505-Q8102 Laptop for 3 years now and yesterday the hard disk failed due to a vicous virus and unfortunately I've lost the windows 7 recovery disc, but I've managed to discover a backup recovery option involving pushing the F12 key on startup and resetting the laptop to its original factory settings I thought this solved all my problems and everything was fine but, the lid accidentaly got closed today and the screen went black when I finally opened it, but it would not respond to anything. So I shut down my Toshiba laptop and now I've gotten the error again  "A hard disk problem is preventing Windows from starting" I could try to restore it back to its factory settings, but that wouldn't solve the problem entirely it still will black screen at the windows login screen and I would have to restore it once again to its factory settings.

A:"A hard disk problem is preventing Windows from starting"

Welcome,
You might want to consider that the HDD has failed.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502162/a-hard-disk-problem-is-preventing-windows-from-starting/
Relevancy 76.11%

My friend's computer is showing this error: "A hard disk problem is preventing windows from starting"
I've attached a photo. I know it's Windows 7. Not sure what to do next & would appreciate any help or suggestions you might have. Thanks

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a computer that is getting an error when starting Windows Explorer. The error message reads:

The instruction at "0x77c46fa3" referenced memory at "0x03769000". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

Clicking on either button does pretty much the same thing. It results in a series of similar messages being displayed and never letting you get to the browser.

This is an XP machine with Service Pack 2 installed.

I am using Firefox to post to this thread. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks,
Jeff

A:Error message when starting Windows Explorer

Try running this scan http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-when-starting-windows-explorer-355066.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello! I have a HP laptop a Pavillion dv6 and its been some issues these last daysPicture of the errorhttps://postimg.org/image/hg008i8pt/Couldent Post It on the forum.and btw explorer stops working like every 10 secondsPlease Respond 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-Explorer-Application-ERROR/td-p/5663823
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi

So yesterday i updated my nvidia display drivers on my win 10 pro machine to the latest version.

Everything was fine for the next 24 hours until this afternoon when i took my computer out of sleep mode then logged into my desktop.
For some reason the desktop would not load properly and i was presented with a looping flickering.

After some two hours of toying with my system i was able to do a clean install of ver 368.9 display drivers (i was originally on 362).

Now i am able to login into my desktop, but i am now shown a popup window that says explorer.exe has an application error. You can see the error screenshot via the link below.

explorer.exe - Application Error (40 kb) ??????? 30 ??????? 2016 ?. Joxi

If i click OK to terminate explorer crashes and the desktop reloads, and the same error appears.

What is causing this error?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-explorer-exe-application-error-1154953.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello BC community Looking for some help to see if I can repair a Win Ult installation that is giving me the following BSOD STOP C The program can't start because hs is missing from your computer Additionally when I run the MIcrosoft Recovery it states that a Stop: starting C0000135 Windows is preventing Errors Patch from and Patch is preventing Windows from starting This has been a stable installation for years But I did a recent batch of Windows patches that I believe is the cause I have already Attempted to boot to Safe Stop: C0000135 and Patch is preventing Windows from starting Errors Mode Command Prompt and LKGC Stop: C0000135 and Patch is preventing Windows from starting Errors unsuccessfully I do not have a system restore point to revert to Verified it's not AVG related I replaced the HD with a known good one and cloned the drive with Acronis I just omitted the MB reserved system partition and I ran Bootrec fixmbr fixboot rebuildbcd to get it attempting to boot correctly Attempted to restore old registry hives from c windows config regback folder Ran FRST exe attached Ran Kaspersky Rescue CD to scan for infections and came up clean If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate them greatly Thank you bg

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496330/stop-c0000135-and-patch-is-preventing-windows-from-starting-errors/
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop a few days ago just started showing an explorer.exe - application error message when shutting down.

The error reads as follows:

explorer.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

I never click on ok as the laptop just shuts down itself anyway.

Very frustrating.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523471/windows-81-explorerexe-application-error-when-shutting-down/
Relevancy 74.82%

Can anyone help me with my windows explorer problem I have Vista SP installed in the Dell inspiron Laptop Earlier a month back my IE was not functional I was using firefox for my work However when I upgraded it to IE Beta Ver and IE became ok After a few days my 0xc0000022 explorer error Application Windows windows explorer stopped initialising automatically But on going through task mannager I could start the windows explorer after waiting for approx minutes Then one of my friends in a bid to repair the problem made few of the services automatic This has stopped Windows explorer Application error 0xc0000022 opening of windows explorer completely even through the task manager route I am sending the error file of all the problems faced since last days If u can help it would be highly appreciated They are for latest problems to the earliest problem Also if anyone can tell me how to read the time stamp Explorer exe Application Windows explorer Application error 0xc0000022 error the application failed to initialise properly xc Check OK to terminate the application Windows explorer has stopped working Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp e d Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a a Exception Code c Exception Offset cac OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information abee edb fc f ad f f f be Additional Information d Additional Information abee edb fc f ad f f f be Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Microsoft Management Console Stopped Working Description Stopped working Problem signature Problem Event Name CLR r Problem Signature mmc exe Problem Signature Problem Signature d Problem Signature MMCEx Problem Signature Windows explorer Application error 0xc0000022 Problem Signature a e Problem Signature f Problem Signature Problem Signature N CTRYE KN C SGL ZQYRBFTE M NB OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem Bucket ID WdiServiceHost Service Hang Report Description Service Diagnostic Service Host hung on starting Problem signature Problem Event Name ServiceHang Service Name WdiServiceHost Image Name wdi dll Image Version Service Type Start Type OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Network Diagnostics Framework Unable to diagnose repair networks problem Problem signature Problem Event Name NetworkDiagnosticsFrameworkV Vendor Microsoft OwnerHC WinInetHelperClass OwnerHCVersion SessionStatus HRESULT F Repair D F B-FA E- -BDA -AB B AFB RootCauseHC NdisHC RootCauseHCVersion RootCause - - - - OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Microsoft Mobile PC Presentation Adaptability Client stopped working Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name PresentationSettings exe Application Version Application Timestamp ffb Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a a Exception Code c Exception Offset cac OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information abee edb fc f ad f f f be Additional Information d Additional Information abee edb fc f ad f f f be Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Internet Explorer Not working Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp ae fee Fault Module Name mshtml dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp ae Exception Code c Exception Offset b c OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Extra information about the problem Bucket ID

A:Windows explorer Application error 0xc0000022

Hi. . .

To answer your question about the timestamps - I converted a few of them and to me they appear to be genuine Microsoft SP1 module timestamps. I have seen similar ones - especially the January 19, 2008, timestamps in thousands of BSOD dump files. I cannot speak to the timestamps on the IE8 modules at this time.

Code:

explorer.exe 47918e5d January 19, 2008 06:45:01

ntdll.dll 4791a7a6 January 19, 2008 08:32:54

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

iexplore.exe 48ae8fee August 22, 2008 12:07:42

mshtml.dll 48ae9013 August 22, 2008 12:08:19
I see four options here for your system - in this order:

1. Windows System Restore - depending how far back your restore points go -
START | type rstrui into the start search box - hit enter. Be sure to check the box (lower-left) to show you restore points older than 5 days

2. Run the System File Checker/repair utility - sfc
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe above | select run as admin | upon completion of sfc - re-boot.

3. System Repair - invoke the recovery partition or use your Vista DVDs

4. Re-format the Vista OS partition of your HDD and re-install Vista

I cannot think of any other items that would help in this matter at this time.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-application-error-0xc0000022-307012.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Running XP-Pro SP About hours ago I started to get warnings from Avast the subscription version about Firefox trying at access dangerous pages -- Error application not C:\windows\explorer.exe found even though my various current Firefox sessions were dormant at the time of those messages Another symptom was my Firefox browser Error C:\windows\explorer.exe application not found sessions being re-directed to spurious marketing sites when I clicked on a URL in my Google result lists Backing up and re-clicking took me to the correct URL I updated an ran Malwarebytes and it detected and quarantined a bunch of suspicious files I then ran Avast in full scan mode something that I have Error C:\windows\explorer.exe application not found scheduled automatically every day on my PC anyway and it also detected a bunch of suspicious files with the usual random-looking file names which I told it to delete Now after the associated re-boots I have the following symptoms Any attempt to use Windows Explorer such as clicking on My Computer results in the pop-up error message C WINDOWS Explorer exeApplication not foundNote that I can see via a DOS box that explorer exe is in fact present in that folder Note also that my desktop is painted correctly and the task bar is present although a number of programs in my start-up folder do not show in the bar -- presumably because Windows cannot work out how to execute them When I click on application shortcuts Windows pops up the quot Open with quot dialog as if it has forgotten how to run EXE files This also occurs if I try to run Regedit I am guessing that malware removal has done something to the explorer exe image or perhaps registry entries associated with it I am currently running in safe mode and would be very grateful for some assistance please Here are the various suggested logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV avast Internet Security Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW avast Internet Security Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Qualcomm Eudora Eudora exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop gmer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dllBHO Advertising Cookie Opt-out e eb -adbd- -b e - bb decf - c program files google advertising cookie opt-out opt out dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil o Plugin exe -update pluginmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun nwiz nwiz exe installmRun HP SchedIndexer c program files hewlett-packard laserjet xx hppschedindexer exemRun HP AutoIndexer c program files hewlett-packard laserjet xx hppautoindexer exemRun GBB X Configure c windows system JMRaidTool exe bootmRun PC SUITE PDF Saver quot c program files common files soft pdfSaver exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExemRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hidemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program... Read more

A:Error C:\windows\explorer.exe application not found

Hello gtc and welcome to BC.

Sorry about the delay, do you still need help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398074/error-cwindowsexplorerexe-application-not-found/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I recently built a desktop with a Radeon card and Windows bit installed After installing the Catalyst Software Suite and display drivers for my video card and restarting Windows booted to a blank desktop with no icons and a black border around the screen like the screen resolution was wrong In addition explorer exe never started leaving me with only my cursor on the screen When I tried pulling up task manager the screen went completely black until I pressed escape and it went back to where it was On restart it Software starting [SOLVED] preventing Catalyst explorer.exe from Suite booted up normally with no problems but every time it boots from a complete shutdown or comes back from sleep or hibernate the issue is back When it does boot up normally I can play videos and games as usual so the issue is only when explorer doesn't start I googled the issue and it seemed like a few others have had similar problems but no fixes I have tried have been effective I have tried uninstalling the catalyst suite and cleaning and reinstalling only the display [SOLVED] Catalyst Software Suite preventing explorer.exe from starting drivers but I'm getting the same issue Any advice you can give would be great Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Catalyst Software Suite preventing explorer.exe from starting

Install ATI video drivers only - not CCC - ATI Radeon

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-catalyst-software-suite-preventing-explorer-exe-from-starting-552613.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I have a serious problem with my laptop. I have a Windows XP Home Edition Compaq laptop and there is a message that keeps me from accessing my computer files that states the following:

explorer.exe -Application Error

The instruction at "0x700000000" referenced memory at "0x700000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Then when I click on either choice, the desktop goes blank and I cannot access my start menu because whenever I try to do so, the message comes up again and sometimes the drwtsn32.dll (I think that's it) pops up on the screen. I would like some help and advice to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Sasha

A:explorer.exe-Application Error on Windows XP Home Edition

I have similar problem. When I right-click on a file, but on a FILE, not on a folder, windows used to block (just freeze) and after a while msg: "Dr. Watson has encountered an error and needs to be closed" pops up so I deleted debuger at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
Now I get error msg: The instruction at "0x024444db" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". Click OK to terminate the program.
What to do?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-application-error-on-windows-xp-home-edition.634324/
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently had to replace some bad memory which caused my home built system to fail to boot into Windows I have a dual-boot XP on one HD and Win on a separate HD The system has been running smoothly for more than a year until the failed RAM module I can boot into XP but not into Win 490 A 0 starting the from x patch Error - system code preventing is = not even Safe Mode On startup it fails to boot into Windows I get A patch is preventing the system from starting - Error code = 0 x 490 quot Windows Error Recovery quot with options Launch Startup Repair recommended and Start Windows Normally When A patch is preventing the system from starting - Error code = 0 x 490 I choose Launch Setup Repair it says it cannot repair this computer automatically The Problem Details are Problem Even Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Problem Signatuer AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadPatch OS Version Locale ID I hit Finish then it shuts down Then I boot into the system DVD and selected Repair your computer which gives me the System Recovery Options I selected Startup Repair and every test was completed successfully with a x except one and it said Root cause found A patch is preventing the system from starting Repair action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error code x The odd thing is when I repeat this test this same error code appears but later on it also says Root cause found Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem I tried quot bootrec fixmbr quot and quot bootrec fixboot quot and got quot The operation completed successfully messages quot for both but they didn't work I also tried quot bootsect nt SYS mbr quot and got the message quot Successfully updated NTFS filesystem bootcode Successfully updated disk bootcode quot I also ran quot bootrec scanos quot and quot bootrec rebuildbcd quot from the command prompt and got the message quot Total identified Windows installations quot Could this be my problem That even though Windows is listed above as quot recovered quot in the Windows RE that maybe Windows is just corrupted beyond repair I'm hoping that's not the case In addition this issue has wiped all my restore points as well as system images Any held would be greatly appreciated

A:A patch is preventing the system from starting - Error code = 0 x 490

I suspect that since you have a dual boot setup, the wrong partition may be marked active. Please run the command prompt in System Recovery Options and type Diskpart. Typelist diskand take note of the disk number that contains your operating system. Then typeselect disk *where * should be replaced with the appropriate disk number. Typelist partitionand post back what the list gives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224789-patch-preventing-system-starting-error-code-0-x-490-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

When I try to shut down my computer I get an quot End Program-EXPLORER EXE quot I click end now and the same box comes up again and the only way for me to shut down the computer is to hold down the button Please help Here s the HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files is preventing HELP, Solved: it Windows shut explorer.exe down. won't Common Files Solved: HELP, Windows won't shut down. explorer.exe is preventing it Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E apps Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE E apps Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe E apps Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe E apps Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe E apps NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE E apps NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe E apps Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe E apps Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe E apps Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe E apps Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - blank file missing O - BHO no name - B- - - AD - AF D B - no file O - BHO no name - DE A - DC- A - D C- A A E - C WINDOWS system dbbin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E apps SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SafeIE Utility - B D D-ED A- -A - BAF BE C - C WINDOWS system safeie dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - E apps Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - E apps Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IPInSightLAN quot C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exe quot -l O - ... Read more

A:Solved: HELP, Windows won't shut down. explorer.exe is preventing it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-windows-wont-shut-down-explorer-exe-is-preventing-it.401039/
Relevancy 69.23%

For some reason whenever windows updates internet explorer stops working Every time I try to get on the internet I just keep getting a message that 'this page cannot be displayed' Skype still works so the Internet Explorer Running! Updates from Preventing Windows problem seems to be internet explorer itself I have decided to switch to google chrome to fix the problem but I can't do so without getting on the internet I would like to restore the computer to a point in which it Windows Updates Preventing Internet Explorer from Running! worked and I have one restore point which I'm certain will work but the problem is immediately after restoring windows Windows Updates Preventing Internet Explorer from Running! automatically updates which kind of undermines the entire purpose of the restore I have tried changing the update settings so it will restore without updating but as soon as the system restores my changes are undone and windows then proceeds with the stupid updates I just want to get on the internet somehow to install google chrome and no I can't just copy and paste from the computer I'm currently on because this one has windows Any ideas Thanks smile puppy

A:Windows Updates Preventing Internet Explorer from Running!

Unplug your router, then do your system restore. You then have as much time as you need to configure Windows Update not to auto check.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50579-windows-updates-preventing-internet-explorer-running.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

After I upgrade to Window 8.1, i get "explorer.exe - Application Error" dialog every shutdown.

It contain: "The instruction at 0x74fd40b9 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.
Click OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program."
(Sorry, my account can't post link or image. So i can't show you the picture capture)
When I had used Window 8, it didn't happen.

Please help me to solve this problem.

My machine is: HP ENVY DV6 7214nr.

Thanks,

Tan Nguyen

A:Windows 8.1 - "explorer.exe - Application Error" during shutdown process

Hi,
Please disable the DLNA Shell Extension to prevent for a test.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions]
Under Shell Extensions, create a new Key named Blocked. In the right pane, create a
String value named {289AF617-1CC3-42A6-926C-E6A863F0E3BA}
More info, you can refer to this blog.
http://blogs.technet.com/b/home_is_where_i_lay_my_head/archive/2013/06/30/windows-8-1-preview-explorer-exe-crashes.aspxWe
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef0a5644-5b92-49d6-91de-338e8e409b99/windows-81-quotexplorerexe-application-errorquot-during-shutdown-process?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.79%

My original post was Initialize Services.exe Application Error. Failed The (0xc0000005)., Windows Application To Sp2 Professional Xp - in the Window XP Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005)., Windows Xp Professional Sp2 Pro discussion This is continuation from there as did not know if I needed to copy them over here This still happens when I start the machine Services exe - Application Error The Application Failed To Initialize xc Windows XP Professional SP Then it will take its time loading and if I try and install something it won t it will shut itself off and restart i think it has a mind of its on ok the following is what I have found today this will all be hand type as the floppy drive does not work the internet connection says it up in Task Monitor but to get online its not happening Last night I attempted to run Spy-Bot Search and Destroy it said I needed to load the definitions file but I have no online access so does anyone know how to update with out being online Here is what I started with Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005)., Windows Xp Professional Sp2 today Turn machine on Still get Services exe - Application Error Decided to uninstall some of the useless program that are no longer needed Here is list as follows and results Add amp Remove Programs Uninstall Dell DJ Explorer The Installshield Engine iKernel exe could not be launched The RPC server is unavailable Google Earth An Error - x ba has occurred while running setup Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications If the error still occurs please contact vendor Google http www keyhole comLiving Marine Aquarium Screen Saver The software was installed under an account with administrator rights You should log onto an account with administrator rights to uninstall this program Attempted to download from a CD Norton AntiBot setup en us Download would not startTask Manager - view- update speed--changed to low--then download from above Norton AntiBot started from CD Received- Windows Installer- The windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if windows installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance Component Services- Services Local Services Unable to open service control manager database on ERROR This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object Avast Virus Cleaner Tool - ver Unicode Start as Restricted privileges running from CD amMemory scanning started No virus body found in memoryMemory scanning finished s File scanning stared C Program Files Symantec Live update ALUNOTIFY EXE file could not be scannedC Program Files Symantec Live update AUPDATE EXE file could not be scannedC Program Files Symantec Live update LUINFO INF file could not be scannedC Program Files Symantec Live update NDETECT EXE file could not be scannedC Windows repair default file could not be scannedC Windows repair security file could not be scannedC Windows system config AppEvent Evt file could not be scannedC Windows system config default sav file could not be scannedC Windows system config SecEvent Evt file could not be scannedC Windows system config software sav file could not be scannedC Windows system config SysEvent Evt file could not be scannedC Windows system config system sav file could not be scannedNo Virus body found File scanning finished files infected sec Drives scanned C Norton Antivirus file name NAV downloading from CDStart extracting files Received Install Program as other UserSome programs will not install correctly if you do not have administrative privileges on this computer If you know the password to an administrative account you can use that account to install the program Run the program as STILLION Ricky Run the program as the following user Tried First AdministratorDid not installTried Second Michelle account I created and ne... Read more

A:Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005)., Windows Xp Professional Sp2

Link to previous topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135040/servicesexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-0xc0000005/Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135297/servicesexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-0xc0000005-windows-xp-professional-sp2/
Relevancy 64.93%

So I'm trying to do a clean install of Win on my Samsung SSD Initial installation about a year ago went fine Now when I go into the setup of the install disc it gives me error x I've looked around and have found various solutions none of which seem related to each other fixing the MRB removing other drives etc I'm worried about formatting the drive because I don't want to do it only to have it give me the same error I don't have a back up drive with (0x80300024) preventing error Weird installation windows an OS Other info that may be important I have HDDs on this PC are TB platter drives is a TB platter drive just a back up for the other drives Main drive is a GB Weird error preventing windows installation (0x80300024) SSD The thing I find odd is that my disk manager shows the TB drive G as disk It shows the SSD as disk C The SSD has the typical MB system partition and then the rest of the drive is reserved for the OS and whatever else I put Weird error preventing windows installation (0x80300024) on it So upon setup it should I'm installing on disk partition I could try bootsec fixmbr but this isn't something I've ever done before so it makes me a bit anxious I suppose I could temporarily pull the TB drive to see if the SSD reverts to disk but I don't know if that'll make any difference Any help would be much appreciated

A:Weird error preventing windows installation (0x80300024)

If you wish to clean install Win 7 follow this tutorial: Clean Install Windows 7
Make sure to disconnect all other hard drives and only leave the SSD connected when installing Windows and make sure it's connected to the lowest numbered SATA3 port

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353464-weird-error-preventing-windows-installation-0x80300024.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guy'shere i have a - Application to application : Explorer.EXE Error initialize (0xc0000142). The properly failed sony Vaio laptop and it is comming up with the following error everytime i log in extract from Eventvwr Event Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Type InformationEvent Source Application PopupEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User N AComputer CSZ XWP Description Application popup Explorer EXE - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application I have run a virus scan used Adaware however i am continually recieving this upon logging in then CAD - gt taskmgr - gt new task - gt explorer Once this starts the machine is then usable this is machine wide happens on any profile System restore was not on it is now so unfortunatly no roll back option all windows updates and service packs have been applied Thanks in Advancehere are the Hijack this and RSIT logs Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Administrator at - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON eEBAPI eEBSVC exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCS EXEC PROGRA Sony WiseWan NOVATE NWAppService exeC PROGRA Sony WiseWan NOVATE NwAppLauncher exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Camera Utility VCUServe exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Wirebird RSIT exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Administrator exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go ... Read more

A:Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182192/explorerexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000142/
Relevancy 64.07%

nbsp nbsp Evidently while trying to take advantage of the Windows Upgrade somehow some damage was done to a system is up return back to code: not to problem 0xc0000001 to able up order me laptop Toshiba with able didn't boot the and correctly, boot my Windows Error a being Windows after from preventing in 10 thoughts? 8.1. Any the download to upgrade am I file s from my old nbsp Windows OS pertaining to a missing or Error code: 0xc0000001 is preventing me from being able to boot up after a problem with the Windows 10 upgrade didn't download correctly, and I am not able to boot up my Toshiba laptop in order to return the system back to Windows 8.1. Any thoughts? damaged file nbsp windows system boot winload exe nbsp nbsp which in turn rewflects Error code: 0xc0000001 is preventing me from being able to boot up after a problem with the Windows 10 upgrade didn't download correctly, and I am not able to boot up my Toshiba laptop in order to return the system back to Windows 8.1. Any thoughts? an Error code nbsp xc nbsp At any rate as a result I am not able to boot up without an installation disc nor perform the requested quot Restart quot to continue with the Windows reinstallation because of this Error and missing file s and am at my wits end nbsp Please does anyone have any idea what my best course of action might be at this point as I have seeminglly tried everything that I could think of for the better part of two weeks now nbsp Last night a gal that lives a few doors down checked in on me because she hadn't seen me for those two weeks and was just pretty concerned about whether I was allright or not and she suggested that I take the laptop to an outside Technician but unfortunately I am a disabled nbsp U S Veteran and I just don't have alot of money to work with nbsp If someone could please help me with this litlle bit of a predicament I would surely appreciate it more than you could ever know nbsp Thank you nbsp And I Wish you Happy Holidays nbsp nbsp nbsp -Otto Pedersen

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d94da9ff-01ed-40ad-9fde-b9ea54f95ad2/error-code-0xc0000001-is-preventing-me-from-being-able-to-boot-up-after-a-problem-with-the-windows?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have been having a problem when trying to run error an application starting a certain application The application is call of duty I have never come across this issue because error starting an application and I tried all common fixes and it was still doing it This lead me to look into the event logs of windows for applications I have recently reinstalled my computer using bit windows but I have used the install disk before and I v never experienced this issue From looking at the event logs in windows it s showing I m getting a missing corrupt dll file The error is Faulting application name iw mp exe version time stamp x a Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x e Exception code x d Fault offset x b bc Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cd ef Faulting application path C Program Files x Activision Call of Duty - Modern Warfare iw mp exe Faulting module path C Windows syswow KERNELBASE dll Report Id d b -f f - e - b- f ba I might just end up reinstalling but before I have to do that I would like some professional advice and see if it can be fixed without reinstalling I have ran a registry cleaning tool called registry easy and it shows some errors on my computer but in order for it to remove the errors I would have to pay for the program Thanks Tom

A:error starting an application

Just as well the registry cleaner was not run.Here is the Bleeping Compter position on Registry cleaners.Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons: Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don?t use registry cleanersDo I need a Registry Cleaner?Can you open a command prompt by right clicking and using run as an administratorThan type SFC /ScannowThat will scan any windows 7 files and replace any that are changed, Corrupt or missing. It will do nothing with non windows program files.Good LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466867/error-starting-an-application/
Relevancy 64.07%

Everytime i try to start the vodeafone messenger program i get this error

C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone web phone\DesktopPhone.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

Dont know what to do please help

Thanks in advance

A:Error when starting application please help

cant anyone help me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-when-starting-application-please-help-303715.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a PC on Windows XP. Everytime I log in, before the screen stabilizes the following message appears on the screen.

Reader_si.exe - application error.
The application has failed to initiate properly (Ox00000050). Click OK to terminate the application.
The AVG installed fails to initiate and the AVG short cut in tray has vanished.

Request you assistance in the forward path in sorting this out please.

Regards,

Relevancy 63.64%

To remove the quot Video ActiveX Access quot Malware I followed the instructions from someone on this site Following the instructions I restarted my computer in Safe Mode and an error kept popping up saying quot Windows Explorer has stopped working quot and then saying quot Windows explorer is restarting quot and after that the desktop taskbar and any program other than IE closes I continued the instructions and restarted the computer in Normal Mode and get an error saying to the effect of quot AOL cannot access files to run software Error Preventing Internet Solved: Operations Explorer Go to Internet Access Setting and Reinstall Parental Controls quot Because I cannot open any windows I cannot do this NOTE I did get rid of the Video ActiveX Access so it s probably not caused by it Does anyone know how to fix this Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Solved: Internet Explorer Error Preventing Operations Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files AOL uninstaller exe C Program Files Common Files aolshare Solved: Internet Explorer Error Preventing Operations aolunins us exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system WerFault exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender Progr... Read more

Relevancy 63.21%

i am running Win 7 enterprise edition and when my computer boots windows explorer doesn't start automatically instead my documents opens with no task bar or icons and I'm a bit stumped

A:windows explorer not starting

Run SFC - http://jcgriff2.com/sfc.html

If Explorer issues still exist, try repair/ install - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...r-install.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-not-starting-532022.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My laptop has developed a problem where the explorer exe keeps restarting every seconds or so So far with the help of this forum and a friend I have run SuperAntiSpyware Ad-Aware McAfee Virus Scan and NOD Virus scan I ve deleted and cleaned all the trojans the programs have found and still the problem persists I ve also started XP in Safe mode but explorer keeps restarting in that as well When I ran NOD it discovered some Trojans that it was unable to delete from yazzle net - called adwin On Keeps Explorer.exe Re-starting Xp Windows trojan of which there were Explorer.exe Keeps Re-starting On Windows Xp quite a few The trojans were located in my Temporary Internet Files I m unable to access the folder because the explorer keeps restarting so I ran CCleaner and cleared MB of files cookies etc in my Temporary history and still the problem persists The only thing I haven t tried yet is sfc scannow from the Task Manager which I will do when I get home tonight but is there anything else that I should do to solve this problem Unfortunately having recently moved house I can t locate the Windows XP installation CD for my laptop However I ve tried to use another one but the explorer keeps restarting and won t let me access it in time Many thanks in advance

A:Explorer.exe Keeps Re-starting On Windows Xp

I've now run sfc /scannow and its made no difference.

Can anyone help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122198/explorerexe-keeps-re-starting-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I turned on the computer and windows explorer will not load up at all.
Only the background will load and the start menu does not load and the icons don't load either.
I am only about to run programs from the task manager and going into dos.

I think my registry was changed by a virus or something. Any help I would definitely appreciate it.

A:Windows Explorer is not starting up

What happens when you run explorer.exe from the task manager ?

Grab an XP CD with service pack 2 and run sfc /scannow (the space after sfc is important). This will run the system file checker which will replace possibly corrupt or missing system files with a good copy. It may ask for the XP CD and you need a CD with SP2 integrated if you installed service pack 2 on your computer.

If you believe this is the result of some infection then follow the HJT - 5 steps against malware link in my sig and follow carefully the instructions there. Post your final log(s) in a new thread in the hijack this section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-is-not-starting-up-192239.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Searched everywhere I can think of and now starting Windows. 0x000000c9 start error: Can`t Windows, BSOD I think this is the only solution To ask here I have starting to not coming into win at all it start to quot starting loading Windows quot then it goes into blue screen This are the two latest codes x c x b x ff c x d e x x c x b x fef c x d e x It has being one other but I manage to loose that one This started one week ago tried many different thing BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows. I have disconnected everything at the machine Like USB wlan USB IR link USB drive and USB hub Tried to just use one of the RAM modules and changed to see if it was a failure on them but not as far I BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows. can tell I have run d check disk at all the drives takes a long time But no errors I then activated the driver check tool inside windows son t remeber what it is called right now After this I could not get in to BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows. windows at all start load then blue screen all the time The only thing I can come in to windows it with safe mode without network With network it restarts by itself Here is the file from the programa SF Diagnostic Tool Link And here are the latest memory dmp in root of windows folder Link Hope this is the info needed and hope someone please could help me Kindly Petter

A:BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows.

"I then activated the driver check tool inside windows"
=>how did you do that if you're unable to get in windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273164-bsod-starting-windows-error-0x000000c9-can-t-start-windows.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows OS Bit Whenever I tried to run Football Manager game an error window appears saying 'A serious error encountered and the Manager Football while Error 15 starting Application application will close' and a crash dump file is generated The analysis of dump file using windows debugging tool Application Error while starting Football Manager 15 is as follows Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users MAKARAND Documents Sports Interactive Football Manager crash dumps FM v dmp User Mini Dump File Only registers stack and portions of memory are available Symbol search path is SRV c Symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Version MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite SingleUserTS Personal Machine Name Debug session time Wed Jul UTC System Uptime not available Process Uptime days This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it The stored exception information can be accessed via ecxr c c fd Access violation - code c first second chance not available eax ebx ecx edx c esi edi c eip d c bc esp a f b ebp a f iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po nc cs ss b ds b es b fs gs b efl ntdll NtWaitForSingleObject xc d c bc c c ret Ch gt analyze -v Exception Analysis ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for steam api dll - WARNING Unable to verify checksum for helper dll ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for helper dll - WARNING Unable to verify checksum for libcef dll ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for libcef dll - ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for OpenAL dll - ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for nvd dum dll - ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for nvumdshim dll - The OS name list needs to be updated Unknown Windows version GetUrlPageData WinHttp failed FAULTING IP fm e c e c bbc e mov edi dword ptr eax ecx E h EXCEPTION RECORD ffffffff -- exr xffffffffffffffff ExceptionAddress e c fm x e c ExceptionCode c Access violation ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter e Attempt to read from address e DEFAULT BUCKET ID NULL CLASS PTR READ PROCESS NAME fm exe ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER e READ ADDRESS e FOLLOWUP IP fm e c e c bbc e mov edi dword ptr eax ecx E h APP fm exe FAULTING THREAD fd PRIMARY PROBLEM CLASS NULL CLASS PTR READ BUGCHECK STR APPLICATION FAULT NULL CLASS PTR READ LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to e c STACK TEXT fm x e c SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME fm e c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME fm IMAGE NAME fm exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d bc STACK COMMAND s ecxr kb FAILURE BUCKET ID NULL CLASS PTR READ c fm exe Unknown BUCKET ID APPLICATION FAULT NULL CLASS PTR READ fm e c WATSON STAGEONE URL http watson microsoft com StageOne htm Retriage Followup MachineOwner --------- Pls help me to get this sorted out I can run Fm flawlessly on my system

A:Application Error while starting Football Manager 15

In the windows partition please make sure their is at least 1 dump file in windows\minidump.
If their is at least 1 dump file, please use the tool again.
Otherwise we can't help you with the crash.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69264-application-error-while-starting-football-manager-15-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey Guys,

Please bear in mind this is hosted on a "Windows Server 2008R2" dedicated, so as you request details I will upload them to this post.

System
CPU : Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 @ 3.4GHz
RAM : Brandless - 32GB ECC
HDD: 2 x 1TB drives

As it states in the title I am trying to run ShooterGameServer.exe (This if for the ARK survival game dedicated server)

Things that I have done.
Installed the Pre-Requisites below:

Updated .Net to 4.5.1
Installed all available windows updates (And restarted)
Checked out various required .DLL's through the dependency tool, however they are all installed and correct.
SFC /scannow command. 100% file integrity with no issues..

Currently I am : out of ideas!

If anyone can provide a fresh view on this..

A:Application Error : 0xc000007b When starting ShooterGameServer.exe

VC Redistributables perhaps? 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013 (both 32 and 64 bit)
Would you need DirectX?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/374037-application-error-0xc000007b-when-starting-shootergameserver-exe.html
Relevancy 62.78%

When I try to run alot of setup files or any system files like add or remove programs in control panel I get this error. "rundll32.exe - Application Error"
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)." if I click ok it pops up again and if I click ok a third time it disappears. There are some things I want to uninstall and install but I cant with this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-am-having-a-rundll-application-error-and-its-really-starting-to-cause-some-problems-270216.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

i have this problem from past June i still cannot use my PC normally from that time, i can access files and other options only by task manager and that is so poor & miserable , this is what i get when i try to start Windows & run things on my PC,

my OS is XP SP3 Sweet, probably 5.1 version, i need help please !

A:explorer.exe problem Windows not starting !

Hi RajiV8,

May I ask, do you have a your legitimate copy of Windows XP CD? If so, I highly recommend performing a "Repair-Install" and see if that helps fixes the issue. Hope this helps you out. Please provide an update when you can, thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-exe-problem-windows-not-starting-916634.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I've been working on my wife's Normally, 7 Windows explorer.exe Not Starting Does Start When work PC for a few days now and when starting Windows normally it just loads to a black screen with the cursor I can access the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and running programs from there but if I try to launch explorer exe I get an error When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start message with the code of xc Access is Denied There was a lot of Malware When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start on the PC When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start as well as a couple of Trojans which I cleaned using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware I have also run cCleaner to clean up the registry I am able to boot into Safe Mode just fine I have set the permissions for explorer exe for Full Control for all users Additionally when I boot Windows normally and I run the Task Manager I can get explorer exe to run if I choose Run as Administrator I have checked the registry HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon and made sure that the shell is set to explorer exe After hours of searching online for fixes nothing has helped I ran a System File Checker scan the first time I fixed files but the other after found no issues I cannot do a system restore because the only restore point is the point where all the malware and trojans are there I've run a clean boot through msconfig but to no avail I have run Farbar and have the logs to post if need be Any help would be VERY much appreciated

A:When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!
My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully:
My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
Step 1
Please post the FRST scan results. This will help us diagnose your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574644/when-starting-windows-7-normally-explorerexe-does-not-start/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I was working in Explorer and then as I moved between pages Windows starting after Explorer 7 virus up - not possible a box popped up that said nothing other than the word go in it I closed this box and immediately both IE and my Lotus Notes email client shut down I immediately shut down the laptop and restarted but the desktop just wouldn't re-appear Totally blank other than I could get the mouse-cursor CTRL-Alt-delete allowed me to get at task-manager and from there I Windows 7 - Explorer not starting up after possible virus ran MBAM MBAM found some Trojans which I deleted and restarted the machine but same problem with blank desktop on Windows 7 - Explorer not starting up after possible virus the restart So I figured I could use task-manager to restart explorer and this seemed to work randomly It would take two or three attempts for the desktop to appear Other weird symptoms once I could get at a desktop were that the battery-use and Wi-Fi connection Windows 7 - Explorer not starting up after possible virus icons took ages to show any data - they were just 'greyed out' They reappeared after minutes or so Plus 'Acronis' can't start all of its services Currently running a full-scan using MBAM plus sfs scannow Is there an underlying virus on this machine Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 - Explorer not starting up after possible virus

It's hard to tell without more info...  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510672/windows-7-explorer-not-starting-up-after-possible-virus/
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows eplorer.exe can't start up after logon. It only gives me a blank screen and if I start it manually on task manager it gives me an error message "windows cannot find explorer.exe, make sure you typed the file name correctly and try again", can even go to "regedit" could you help

A:Windows explorer is not starting up on windows 7

reboot into Safe Mode my tapping the F8 button when you see the Dell, HP, Acer, or emachine slash screen. Select Safe mode with networking. Do you have the same issue in safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-is-not-starting-up-on-windows-7-a-633359.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Here is an odd problem.

I was using windows explorer switches

/n/e, /c:\

to make explorer start in classic view showing the root. In my named account, these switches prevent explorer from starting. take them away, and it starts fine.

go to administrator account, and the switches work fine.

come back to named account, and they wont work.

ideas?

A:Windows explorer switches prevent starting

Until someone familiar with command line switches hands on, perhaps one of these will help

How to Make Windows Explorer Open the Way You Want

Command Line Switches to Display Special Objects or Folders When Opening Windows Explorer ? My Digital Life

Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283530-windows-explorer-switches-prevent-starting.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a system with 2 SSD:s
On disk1 (C:) I have installed Windows8.1 Pro.
On disk2 (D:) all my data is stored.
When I launch Windows Explorer I want to open a specific folder in D:\my_folder
How can that be done ?

A:Disk as Windows Explorer's starting location

Hello zkab,

If you mean for the Explorer icon on the taskbar, then you could unpin the current one from the taskbar, and create a new shortcut to the folder to pin to taskbar instead.

Taskbar - Pin or Unpin a Folder - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57343-disk-windows-explorers-starting-location.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Explorer.exe not starting in real mode, windows 7,  no icons displayed, works in safe mode! Does a virus cause this?
Thanks for any Help.

A:Explorer.exe not starting in real mode, windows 7

When you are normally booted in windows 7, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to the task manager and then click on file->create new task. enter "explorer.exe" does it work when you start explorer.exe manually?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611482/explorerexe-not-starting-in-real-mode-windows-7/
Relevancy 61.92%

If I map 2 c$ drives as admininstrator on my machine and I move files from 1 drive to another its not transferring from computer 1 to computer 2 its actually traveling from computer 1 to admin computer to computer 2 thus wasting a ton of bandwidth.

With that being explained is there an FXP type of explorer that will do a real "shortest/fastest route" transfer without making it have to hop back to me. I ask because I am a hub for multiple sites and even if I connect to 2 PC's in one site short of remote desktoping into one of the 2 and doing the transfer that way I can't find a solution.

I just want to reduce file transfer times as much as possible any ideas.

A:FXP type of application for windows explorer?

I would recommend using something like psexec to run the copy job directly on one of the remote servers. See: http://www.techbytes.ca/techbyte102.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fxp-type-of-application-for-windows-explorer.430732/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I have IE starting automatically on the msn.com web page and I would like to remove that.
I checked the Internet Explorer is NOT listed in the startup program list.
Any idea why this is happening ? Registry key maybe ?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ea222b6-d1e2-4fd8-aee1-0f4cbaebabc9/internet-explorer-starting-up-automatically-at-windows-startup?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 61.49%

hello guys...
whenever i start my computer, i see an empty windows explorer and on the address bar the address is written as c:/program files/common etc etc. its not exact address but somthing like that.
i want to ask that why this happens?
is it threat to my computer?
and also yesterday i wasn't able to open internet explorer in administraton acc. but in guest i could...
there was error message... but then i restored my compter from properties of my computer... then i started working...
pls tell me wat is that
thanks

A:empty windows explorer opening after starting computer

One of your startups has a "strange" path. (one of the causes)

Download, install and run HiJackThis

Copy/paste the created LOG file back here in a reply post for review .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/empty-windows-explorer-opening-after-starting-computer.500907/
Relevancy 60.63%

Two days ago my EEEPC XP s screen went black and wouldn t come back on After a reboot I got a BSOD saying it couldn t restart windows I don t remember what the actual message was but managed to get the computer up and running again after disabling Hyper threading in the BIOS I was having some problems earlier with installing windows updates and the computer seemed to lag sometimes so I decided to and taskmanager, windows Malwarebyte problems explorer, always Sometimes with starting firewall check for a virus Sometimes starting problems with explorer, taskmanager, windows firewall and always Malwarebyte Usually I use Housecall because I m a bit paranoid about virusscanners such as Norton and McAffee and even AVG gets on my nerves Housecall installed fine but gave me a quot Iexplorer couldn t load sometingsomething quot malfunction I dont remember the Sometimes starting problems with explorer, taskmanager, windows firewall and always Malwarebyte details because Hitman pro fixed the issues Had some agentX trojans Now I wanted to be sure my computer was bug-free and tried to use Malwarebyte It installed perfectly but after the database was updated it gave me the quot the current database is not supported by this version of Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware Please download the latest version of the program quot Uninstalled it used MBAM-clean to clean up cleaned after with Ccleaner both files and register rebooted reinstalled ran without updating This got it running but when MBAM starts scanning the program closes itself without any warnings after seconds Ive tried everything removed all the anti-virus leftovers even tried installing the MBAM prefs exe that was posted for someone else No improvement Installed version before which was I think which gave me an error Updated this version with and got the same error as before Getting to run MBAM isnt very high on my priority list but as Im still worried the computer might still have an infection of some sorts I tried following these guids http forums majorgeeks com showthread php t and after that http forums majorgeeks com showthread php t stopped when it said I should use MBAM This is when things got worse After the diagnostic tools explorer started acting quot funny quot it wont come up after a reboot although taskmanager shows its working I have to kill it and run it from taskmanager and sometimes it takes tries before explorer is finally running When I ran GMER and it finished the save popup did not display any icons or text Meanwhile firefox froze so I tried to kill it in taskmanager Taskmanager wouldnt start this time giving me a quot system allocation quot error if I remember correctly should really have written this stuff down when it happened Nothing was working at this point so I just switched off the laptop booted up again explorer troubles again but couldnt find the ark txt re-ran GMER saved ark txt on my SD card have an autorun-icon which was the only icon the save dialog displayed At some point I tried to set-up windows firewall as you suggested in your preparation topic only to have the firewall shut down and claim it wasn t working anymore Reboot seems to have fixed this Ok TL DR programs randomly mal function Hyper Threading results in BSODTried uploading ark txt but quot this file was too big to upload quot turns out its mb I unchecked the boxes you told me to uploaded it here for your viewing pleasure http zeepok nl ark txt Ill post this and write down whatever errors I get starting with the hyperthreading one edit seems whatever the problem was its fixed now weird didnt work yesterday now it does edit I m sorry about the long and confusing post Usually I get things to work without the help of a third party so usually no need to remember all the error messages and all DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jessie at on di - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exesvchost exesv... Read more

A:Sometimes starting problems with explorer, taskmanager, windows firewall and always Malwarebyte

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. Thanks and again sorry for the delay. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logThanks.DR

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393808/sometimes-starting-problems-with-explorer-taskmanager-windows-firewall-and-always-malwarebyte/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys Just read some similar questions to mine on this forum and other but couldn t find anything that matched my problem I am currently only Windows Messenger Internet Firefox Live Starting and Explorer, Not accessing the internet through Google Chrome which works perfectly but isn t my favourite browser and even if it was I Internet Explorer, Firefox and Windows Live Messenger Not Starting m concerned Internet Explorer, Firefox and Windows Live Messenger Not Starting that theres something wrong with my system Essentially the problem is that IE and Mozilla Firefox will not start at all - when I double click on the appropriate icons the quot Firefox Internet Explorer has stopped working quot error message appears before the window has even opened So far I have tried the following steps Reinstalling Firefox Reinstalled firefox once which didn t work Then uninstalled it totally then reinstalled it again Still didn t work Starting the system in quot Safe Mode with Networking quot Strangely this worked perfectly Both browsers worked perfectly and could connect to the internet leading me to believe there was another program or virus that was preventing the browsers from functioning Using Google Chrome As you can see this works and solidified my belief in the point above Tried a wide variety of anti-virus and firewall software Didn t work and Vista One wants me to uninstall McAfee before installing it which I don t really want to do Attempted an ipconfig flush Using the cmd exe command followed by an ipconfig flush Didn t work Made a new profile for Mozilla Firefox Attempted to make a new profile for Mozilla Firefox as described by support on their website using the firefox exe -ProfileManager command in the Run tab while in Safe Mode with Networking When I went back to regular Windows this same command firefox exe -ProfileManager had the same response as before - quot Firefox has stopped working quot This made me wonder if there was another program that stopped firefox exe and iexplorer exe from working Finally realised that Windows Live Messenger wasn t working either I know WLM works off of Internet Explorer so this wasn t too surprising In case it helps the error code was - I couldn t find what this meant Started to realise that certain malware removal programs were not allowed to run either These included Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes - the message shown was quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot I was running it as an administrator so I dont understand I was going to attempt a clean boot but I wanted to put this past some experts before I tried it as I don t really know what I m doing Anything else I can try Also finally I want to make the point that the browsers aren t loading at all - the windows don t open and it goes straight to error message Any suggestions nbsp

A:Internet Explorer, Firefox and Windows Live Messenger Not Starting

What error message appears?
What is your default browser on your system?
Do you have a Different/New type firewall program installed?

If you have many server browsers installed they might be having a conflict with each other, as for the firewall programs perhaps you might have a new one installed, it might be blocking your browsers that are installed. (not sure, but this happens when you have many firewall programs installed).

or perhaps the files are not correct, if reinstalling wont work try redownloading the installer of the browser and reinstall.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-firefox-and-windows-live-messenger-not-starting.859303/
Relevancy 60.63%
A:Right clicking on any application results in a windows explorer reset

Sounds like the best option now is a Repair Install:
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/206384-right-clicking-any-application-results-windows-explorer-reset.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Sometimes if I open a file by double clicking it in windows explorer, it will sit doing nothing (and that explorer window is then tied up) for a few minutes! Then the file opens normally in the correct application. But opening the application first, and getting it from the file open menu, or dragging the file into the open application is ok. The problem goes away if I reboot windows, but can come back again later for no apparent reason. Any idea where to look to start tracking down this problem?

A:Very slow to open files from windows explorer - ok within application

this might help.. disable your icon template.. via folder options.. view>> check (always show icons, never thumbnails)... and on the screen... right click>>view>>details... cuz it eats up of CPU usage when it is viewed as icons..

hope this helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/199738-very-slow-open-files-windows-explorer-ok-within-application.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,
I'm running Vista Home OS and had many problems recently booting. Almost every time it requires to run system restore before it boots. Now several desktop icons are not working - mainly the ones that allow me into the file system. Runnig "My Computer" opens "Computer Management Snapin Launcher". Running "Windows Explorer" or "Control Panel" gives an error message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations Control Panel". I'm pretty sure this must be a virus messing up my registry but I've run AVG, AVAST and Spybot and nothing is being found. Any ideas how to fix any of this without reformatting???

A:Solved: Problems starting My Computer, Windows Explorer, Control Panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-starting-my-computer-windows-explorer-control-panel.981883/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys Yesterday I was having a hard time burning a dvd The dvd process would go through and say it was successful but when the dvd was ejected it was still empty The burner didnt write the loads 24 that when last not appeared starting the & have in of Windows Explorer hours alot trojans data for some reason and it wasn't telling me it was failing either So I started uninstalling the dvdshrink and dvdfab and nero programs and re-downloading them to reinstall I did this and my computer started getting slow and wacky I would go to shutdown and restart and the windows would load as usual until it got to my desktop explorer will not load up I have to load Explorer not starting when Windows loads & alot of trojans that have appeared in the last 24 hours explorer through the task manager Not only that but my AVG resident sheild has been constantly popping up over and over again with infected files hundreds of them in the win and system areas I cannot heal or vault these for some reason I ran a malware program that removed some and I can sit through AVG scanning for hours and it comes up with infections and can only heal or remove of these I am at a loss for what to do I just wanted to burn my dvd's and all Hell breaks loose on my laptop help Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mDefault Page URL hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c windows system deviceemulator exe c windows system actcontroller exe c windows system i kd exe c windows system actcontroller exe mWinlogon SFCDisable x BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO b cb e-b fe- a -aec -e d aa c d - c windows system vturq dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Power GoExpress uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe dRun Power GoExpress NA dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup bigfix lnk - c program files bigfix bigfix exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - FE FA -D C- d - FA- C F AFE - c windows system Shdocvw dll Trusted Zone musicmatch com online DPF F CCA -CF B- D -... Read more

A:Explorer not starting when Windows loads & alot of trojans that have appeared in the last 24 hours

bump?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214235/explorer-not-starting-when-windows-loads-alot-of-trojans-that-have-appeared-in-the-last-24-hours/
Relevancy 59.77%

So when i try to get Windows Firewall to run on recommended settings i get error x c So far i have 1068 Windows Firewall (manually starting) + error error 0x8007042c tried- all four methods on the microsoft help page here x c error message when you try to start Windows Firewall when i tried manually starting it i got Windows Firewall error 0x8007042c + error 1068 (manually starting) error the dependency service or group Windows Firewall error 0x8007042c + error 1068 (manually starting) failed to start Ive also tried Sharrow's quot Most helpful Reply quot on this page- Windows could not start Error The dependency or group failed - Microsoft Community although i dont have aland line so idk if what i did affected it well or not person who wrote the thing had a wlan so idk if what i did was wrong anyone wanna let me know it didnt help either so i ran sfc scannow on elevated command prompt and got it to my desktop learned how to do that today here is what i got on it can anyone help me figure out what the issue is and how to solve it im only gonna post the stuff it cant repair i dont think yall need the other stuff a third of the way through- - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ea SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI eb SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd WindowsFoundationDelivery quot - - Info CSI ee SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows IME IMESC DICTS quot l quot PINTLGB IMD quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI f SR Verify complete then later - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd WindowsFoundationDelivery quot - - Info CSI SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows IME IMESC DICTS quot l quot PINTLGB IMD quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI SR Repair complete - - Info CSI SR Committing transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify and Repair Transaction completed All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components and then also - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ea SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI eb SR This component was referenced by l quot Microso... Read more

A:Windows Firewall error 0x8007042c + error 1068 (manually starting)

Welcome to the WSF, Junyahh!

Please use the following diagnostic tool. It has a powerful detection mechanism, and may help us get to the cause of your issues:

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
Download: Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the version that applies to your system.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
At the program's console, press the Scan button.

When done, the tool produces a log, FRST.txt, in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).
Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply.

The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log: Addition.txt
Also post the Addition.txt in your reply.

Also, use the Farbar Service Scanner
Download: Downloading Farbar Service Scanner

Let's get a view of all services and dependencies scoped by the tool...
Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press: Scan

When done, FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.

Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/317526-windows-firewall-error-0x8007042c-error-1068-manually-starting.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an application that has a default path for config files, if you go to save or load a config file it comes up with it by default. However, I can't find it just showing in a win explorer directory tree or win explorer searching for it!!!!
how could this happen? how can I find the real file system / operating system path?

In the pic the save dialogue box path is: C\ProgramData\......

A:directory path in application save not found in windows explorer

ProgramData is a protected system folder and is by default hidden. To show it you must either enable showing hidden system files and folders as told in this tutorial, or for a quick one time access type %ProgramData% in Explorer address bar and press Enter:
Doing this shows the content of the ProgramData folder even though the folder remains hidden.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328007-directory-path-application-save-not-found-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello SevenForums, long time lurker here.
I've had a issue with my windows 7 explorer's toolbar not displaying icons of all applications (.exe files).
I've tried to depict the issue in the images (a,b) below

(a)

(b)
The only instance wherein I see icons are when I click a file associated with the software,
For example, a .mp4 video associated with VLC media player shows the VLC icon in the toolbar properly

I've googled to fix this for a few months now, but I haven't managed to yet.
So now I turn to your expertise, please help

A:Windows Explorer's Toolbar Fails to load application Icons

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
FWIW I get the same thing for .exe files I don't believe it's a real issue because .exe files execute and do their own thing meaning if the developer didn't make an icon for the operation it might show that icon instead of the actual icon it shows other places like in your image cpuz,
Rufus does this too for it's .exe that I just noticed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366274-windows-explorers-toolbar-fails-load-application-icons.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi. I just removed malware from my machine with the help of fireman4it. He said the malware is removed and to post here. Is there a possible corrupt registry? Thank you.

A:Windows Explorer is not working, windows explorer is restarting error

Good morning .

File corruption is always a possibility, any time of the day, any situation.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523892/windows-explorer-is-not-working-windows-explorer-is-restarting-error/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All

Whenever I try to access a web application that uses Java, IE complains with the dialog box
- SysFader: iexplore.exe - Application Error
- The instruction at "some memory addr" referenced memory at "the same memory addr". The memory could not be "written".
- Click on OK to terminate the program.

I know it's Java's fault, since its recently updated, before which everything was fine.
I've googled around, but couldn't find anything.

I'm wondering if anyone here can offer some advise or comments regarding this issue.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Jean

A:Java preventing IE from starting

It seems there are three possible causes for this issue.

A program called Jinitiator,Java & flash player.

Reinstall jinitiator,if that doesnt work reinstall java and flash player.

Any one should fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487600/java-preventing-ie-from-starting/
Relevancy 59.34%

Symptoms When you try to view any one of the following dialog boxes the dialog box may appear to be empty or partly empty Search Companion User Accounts Windows Update An Application Player Internal Error Occurred - Error Windows To Media How Has Fix Help and Support System Restore When you try to start Microsoft Windows Media How To Fix Windows Media Player Error - An Internal Application Error Has Occurred Player you may receive an quot How To Fix Windows Media Player Error - An Internal Application Error Has Occurred An internal application error has occurred quot or a similar error message Internet Explorer may not be able to print When you click File and then click Print the Print dialog box does not appear The print preview is blank Cause This issue may occur if one or more of the Jscript registry key settings are incorrect This behavior may also occur if the Jscript dll file is missing or damaged Method Reregister Jscript dll and Vbscript dll Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type regsvr jscript dll and then click OK Click OK Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type regsvr vbscript dll and then click OK Click OK If either of the files do not register as expected or if you receive an error message the system file may be missing or damaged To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP follow these steps Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type msconfig and then click OK Click Expand File In the File to restore box type the name of the file that you want to restore In the Restore from box type the path of the Windows XP cab file where you want to restore the file or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP cab file Note The Windows XP cab files are stored in the I folder on the Windows XP CD In the Save file in box type the path where you want to extract the new file or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want Click Expand In the System Configuration Utility dialog box click OK If you are prompted to restart the computer click Restart Open a dialog box that previously experienced the issue that is described in the quot Symptoms quot section of this article If the issue recurs go to the next method Method Edit the registryWarning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly Use Registry Editor at your own risk Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type regedit and then click OK Locate the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID f c - ac - cf-b d - aa bbbb InprocServer The Default value data should contain the following value C WINDOWS SYSTEM JSCRIPT DLL If it does not double-click Default type C WINDOWS SYSTEM JSCRIPT DLL in the Value data box and then click OK The ThreadingModel value data should contain the following value Both If it does not double-click ThreadingModel and then type Both in the Value data box Locate the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID f c - ac - cf-b d - aa bbbb InprocServer Repeat steps and to edit this key and then go to step Locate the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID f c - ac - cf-b d - aa bbbb InprocServer Repeat steps and to edit this key and then go to step Exit Registry Editor Taken from Microsoft knowledge base article http support microsoft com kbid

A:How To Fix Windows Media Player Error - An Internal Application Error Has Occurred

i've tried both methods but nothing seems to work. i can't even uninstall the application or reinstall it.
please help if there is another method. thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54694/how-to-fix-windows-media-player-error-an-internal-application-error-has-occurred/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone I recently had a virus on my Windows xp computer one of those ones that pretends to be an anti-virus program telling you your computer is infected Before I had the chance to remove it I error message xp my laptop, windows have Error" says: start I I "lsass.exe - that an cannot Application found I I cannot start my windows xp laptop, I have an error message that says: "lsass.exe - Application Error" was unable to start up my computer Instead of the usual user login screen I had a black screen with this message quot lsass exe - Application Error quot The application failed to initialize properly xc Click on ok to terminate the application Once I click okay nothing happens the screen just remains blank I have tried going into safe mode F key but it doesn t seem to work I hold the button down but the computer just loads up like normal and goes onto the dreaded black screen I have done some quick research and found that the problem is either the OS is broken or a virus is pretending the OS is broken Either way I have no idea what to do Any help is much appreciated Please note however I am pretty clueless when it comes to computers thus please try to assume as little prior knowledge as is reasonably possible and include simple step by step instructions if you can I apologise for my ignorance If you need any further information let me know Note as I have no laptop currently I will have to wait until I am in work to respond Thanks in advance

A:I cannot start my windows xp laptop, I have an error message that says: "lsass.exe - Application Error"

Hi gringo_jesus, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Please post the make and model of this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356224/i-cannot-start-my-windows-xp-laptop-i-have-an-error-message-that-says-lsassexe-application-error/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a toshiba stellite running microsoft windows xp H.E. When its turned on its says that os failed to load do to recent hardware or software change. The options to load normal ect. are there. No matter what I pick im brought to a blue screen that reads:

STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Any help would be good.

A:Error Starting Up Windows XP

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAgOmEzChRoNiC

I have a toshiba stellite running microsoft windows xp H.E. When its turned on its says that os failed to load do to recent hardware or software change. The options to load normal ect. are there. No matter what I pick im brought to a blue screen that reads:

STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Any help would be good.

the boot loader is corrupted.

you need to Format that drive and install a clean version of windows.

that's what i recommend.

-slick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-starting-up-windows-xp-34183.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My friend is getting a window that comes up with a red x that has yes and no buttons, but no message. He can get in safe mode, but Norton Antivirus (with updated virus definitions) can't find the problem, and spy sweeper hasn't come up with anything either. Is there a way to fix this error? We'd really appreciate your help. Thanks.

A:Windows XP not starting up...red x error?

While in SafeMode, try disabling all of the startup programs and then rebooting into Normal mode to see if it still displays the red X.

To do that in SafeMode click on Start>Run, key in Msconfig and press enter. Under the General tab select "Selective Startup" and unselect "Load Startup Items". Click Apply OK and then reboot into Normal Mode

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-not-starting-up-red-x-error.241117/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I have a windows to go, Installation went without problems, i started it and check disk for error and now not running. When i started the Auto Repair, he see not a Windows 8, only a Windows 7 ( on PC). Can you help me?

A:Windows 8.1 to go, starting error

Could you elaborate on the process you used to create Windows To Go?

More than likely if the system is not bootable the creation process was not completed successfully.

Are you using a Certified USB Drive? Since this is an unaltered freshly created system it won't hurt to try the process once more.

Aomei Partition Assistant has a Windows To Go Creator Wizard to help with the process.

Link: Download Free AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard - Magic Partition Manager Freeware

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40802-windows-8-1-go-starting-error.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It drives me crazy.Everytime I boot up and my desktop shows up I get a small box,with the text: Error,and the only option is OK or X,after I click OK,it appears one more time,I click once again OK,and it appears suddenly when I run different programs.
I tried uninstalling some software,but no results.
I can't make a printscreen,because the error won't let me.

Any advice is good.
Thank's,in advance!

A:Windows 7 Error box when starting Windows

Quote: Originally Posted by iBoGo

It drives me crazy.Everytime I boot up and my desktop shows up I get a small box,with the text: Error,and the only option is OK or X,after I click OK,it appears one more time,I click once again OK,and it appears suddenly when I run different programs.
I tried uninstalling some software,but no results.
I can't make a printscreen,because the error won't let me.

Any advice is good.
Thank's,in advance!

Boot in safe mode with networking and run a scan of Malwarebytes

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156026-windows-7-error-box-when-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 58.48%

The Vista bit Operating System is stuck in a boot loop I have ran chkdk f r and everything is fine I also starting Patch preventing the from is System did the following bcdedit Patch is preventing the System from starting export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd Then I select the OS on partition and everything should work fine The mbr had been fixed and the also fixboot with still no luck I am able to use the cmd exe tool within the vista recovery disc and can see the latest updates in the C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download folder There is an event log file and it shows the latest updates were Windows Defender I am not sure how to delete the updates patches I read up a little and tried a similiar task by accessing the windows winsxs and deleting the pending xml file but there is no pending xml file This is really got me stumped I do not want to do a fresh install Any ideas on how to remedy this Thanks

A:Patch is preventing the System from starting

Please do not start new topics for the same problem. Be patient and someone should reply to your original topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic369822.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369911/patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-starting/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Lenovo G hasn't been able to start Windows After I boot it it goes through a screen that shows 'Windows Loading' and now will not start windows When I press F on startup it fails to boot into Windows I get quot Windows Error Recovery quot with options preventing starting A is system the patch from Launch Startup Repair recommended and Start Windows Normally When I choose Launch Setup Repair it says it cannot repair this computer automatically The Problem Details are quot Startup Repair cannot repair cannot repair this computer automatically Sending more information can help Microsoft create solutions - gt Send information about this problem recommended - gt Dont Send V View problem details quot problemsignature Problem event name startup repair offline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature Unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature BadPatch OS version Locale ID Also in Startup Repair A patch is preventing the system from starting diagnosis and repair log it showed me some tests performed and at the end A patch is preventing the system from starting gave me this message Root cause found ------------------------- A patch is preventing the system from starting Repair action System Restore Result Failed Error code x f Time taken ms Repair action System files integrity check and repair Result failed Error code x Time taken ms In the system recover options i choose quot System Restore quot it ran through some files when i hit finish laptop restarted came through the same problem earlier screen showing 'Windows Loading' and is stuck there

A:A patch is preventing the system from starting

Welcome to the forums venkat!

Have you tried a Clean Boot to try and isolate the problem? We have many excellent tutorials here at the forums, heres one on how to do that if you haven't before. Just click on the link : Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Have you considered a repair install? Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322695-patch-preventing-system-starting.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi this is the second time I have this problem I have an HP pavillion dv laptop It had windows vista bits when it happened first I was watching a video from an external HD when the video froze and everything froze too I waited for starting your from A is preventing system patch a while but nothing happened and ctrl alt supr didn't work either so I turned it off and restarted Then it loaded the start page but it went black and didn't start I attempted windows repair and it said it couldn't be repaired automaticaly I resarched the error codes on the internet but I got many possible causes and I had no time and I was afraid I would make things worse so I took my laptop to a technician I explained everything I knew to him and I thought he would know how to fix it or at least research and come up with an answer but he had no clue He told me he thought the HD was broken A patch is preventing your system from starting and didn't run and some of my info was lost in the place were the HD had this failure That didn't make much sense to me but oh well He wiped everything off and re installed windows This time he put windows ultimate bits So my laptop was back again and it worked but for some reason even though my things weren't in there anymore they kept using space and I had only very little space left to reinstall all programs and get back to work Except for that everything was working normally but then now a week later I decided to watch a movie from the external HD again and ZAZ got the same problem all over again now my computer is once again unable to load widonws and to repair itself and I don't know what to do It says Root cause found A patch is preventing your system from starting error code x I really need to get back to work so I hope someone can help There most be someone who knows how to fix this but is not very likely anyone who knows will read this Or at least not in time Anyways is worth the try

A:A patch is preventing your system from starting

I suggest running Command Prompt from the repair menu and then Check Disk:
1. Insert the Windows 7 Disc and boot from it.
2. In the recovery menu, choose Command Prompt .
3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Chkdsk /r /f

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168788-patch-preventing-your-system-starting.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Windows 7 machine says a patch is preventing the system from starting. There are no system restore points either. System restore error code 0x0.
I found another tread here http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/971290-patch-preventing-system-starting-no.html but no fix to this issue...

A:A patch is preventing the system from starting

Martygg

Before advice is offered on this problem

Please respond to your other topic
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1083233-external-monitor-not-working.html

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-starting.1083343/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys, I have been constantly getting this message whenever I use my troubleshooter...

"An error occurred while troubleshooting
A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting"

Path:C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\networking
Error code:0x80070426
Source:engine
Context:restricted

The strange thing is that when I run SFC /SCANNOW it fixes it.....TEMPORARILY
and gives me the same error whenever I restart or reboot my system.
Is there a permanent fix for this?

A:A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting?

Have also tried checking for malware and viruses and am completely clean...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216544-problem-preventing-troubleshooter-starting.html
Relevancy 58.48%

How to fix 0x80092003 and 0x803C0107 and 0x80070005 problem?

Lee Hoy Chin

A:problem preventing the troubleshooter from starting.

Please upload these files for us to have a look at (even though there's no BSOD): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288844-problem-preventing-troubleshooter-starting.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Toshiba laptop running Vista sp I can't get Windows from starting is preventing patch bad system Vista to finish loading I haven't added any hardware recently Software yes updates yes After the BSOD which flashes by too fast for me to read I ran the Startup Repair option then it says quot The system could not repair the startup problem quot and posts a message at the end of the repair log that said quot A bad patch is preventing the system from starting quot When I select Start Windows Normally it simply reboots without even making it to the logon screen I tried to boot in safe mode but loads only as far as crcdisk sys and then restarts I bad patch is preventing system from starting tried going into Advanced and using System Restore but it tells me that there are no restore points I can get to the command prompt and other drive partitions I don't have backup or install Cd's or DVD's I only have whatever Toshiba put in a partition on the drive

A:bad patch is preventing system from starting

Is this a new lap top?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314918/bad-patch-is-preventing-system-from-starting/
Relevancy 58.48%

I had a Dcom attack and then ran AVG and Avast which found viruses and removed some of them but then could not remove all of them, so as a last resort one of the anti-virus programs said it would delete the files on reboot.

I then tried to reboot but it would not start, just kept going in a reboot loop.

Safe mode also will not start.

Restore to last good configuration by pressing 'L' also does not work.

Any suggestions?

This PC has all the latest Microsoft security patches as of the 3rd week of August 2007.

Thanks
Russ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-preventing-win2kpro-from-starting.615493/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, When I boot up my laptop without my keyboard, it works fine.When I boot up with my keyboard, the screen is and remains black. I already tried reinstalling windows 10, but that made no difference.My keyboard is a ROCCAT Iksu gaming keyboard.The boot manager is my primary boot device. Could anyone help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Keyboard-preventing-laptop-from-starting-up/td-p/5689252
Relevancy 58.48%

When my computer boots and after this black screen appear

"One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check, but it is trongly recommended that you continue.

Windows will now check disk.

Cannot open volume for direct access. Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.

Use system restore feature from the control panel to restore the system to a point prior to the recent software package installation.

An unspecified error occurred (766f6C756d652e63 3f1)"

A:Checkdisk error While Starting Windows

Did you try what it suggested and do a System Restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/239443-checkdisk-error-while-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everybody. I was recently having a problem with the Antimalware Doctor virus, but I believe I've gotten that problem sorted out. I updated all of my antispyware programs, ran the scans, etc. Now, I've got myself a new dilemma. I'm getting an error message everytime I start Windows after I shut down or restart my computer. It reads:

Error loading gersp.dll
The specified module could not be found.

I'll be honest and admit that I haven't the slightest clue to what this means. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance!

A:Error Message When Starting Windows XP

That type of message...is fairly normal after removal of malware which had startup pointers.Download/install Autoruns...click on Longon tab....either disable/uncheck or delete any item referring to gersp.dll or something similar.AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333305/error-message-when-starting-windows-xp/
Relevancy 58.48%

After the most recent Windows 10 update, I am unable to start up. I receive the error message
Dam.Exe application error. I click OK and the computer is stuck on a gray screen. Nothing works.

A:Dwm.Exe error prevents windows from starting

Dwm.Exe not dam

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38755-dwm-exe-error-prevents-windows-starting.html
Relevancy 58.48%

The error I get, everytime windows loads up, it reads:

RunDLL
There was a problem starting C:\ProgramData\Intel\diagagnt.dll
The specified module could not be found.

---------
What is this, and how do I fix it
My Systems specs are in my profile.

A:RunDLL error when starting Windows 7

Hi clfarrar, Have a look here How to Fix diagagnt.dll Error Do Not Run their download tool, instead go to the bottom of the page and follow the instructions for the manual fix for this error

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298975-rundll-error-when-starting-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I am getting a message on start-up saying the computer has recovered from a serious error (event?) I send the error report as requested and then a window starts to open to Microsoft but doesn't finish opening. After about 5 minutes I close the window and continue doing whatever I was doing.

When I shut the computer down I am (~50% of the time) getting a program not responding message telling me the computer is shutting down something called "...centinel VXD". I can't find a program in add/remove by that name.

Is this some kind of bug?
Thanks,
Susan

Relevancy 58.48%

sorry if the title does not give justice i couldnt figure out how to shortly describe it I have an HP Pavilion dv t running Windows I am also dualbooting Ubuntu that is how i am posting this When i turn my computer on it takes me to my boot menu if i Windows Error Starting Solved: select Ubuntu it boots fine and everything works perfect Solved: Starting Windows Error Windows has always worked when i selected it up until now The first time as of today that i tried booting it it said starting windows for aprox minutes then went to a blue screen After the blue screen the screen went black then went back to the HP logo and brought me back to my boot menu I tried booting windows again the same thing happened I cannot see what the blue screen says as i tried to look at it or take a picture but it flashes for literally a milisecond before the screen blacks out I gave it one more try and this time it said starting windows and i just let it go after letting it sit for about an hour and a half i went back to check on it and it still said starting windows so i had no choice but to turn it off using the power down button After that i gave up and booted Ubuntu to look for help If this helps i have a list of things i did the night before the problems started when i turned it on in the morning I allowed HP to do a scheduled tune up which scans for and installs updates runs a diagnostics check and defrags all three drives system recovery and C After this was finished there where some windows updates i needed so i got those i then ran Ccleaner and powered my laptop down i have always run Ccleaner as the last thing i do before i turn my laptop off i have had it meaning my laptop and Ccleaner for a while now and it has never caused any problems The only thing out of the ordinary i noticed was that my system and recovery drives where both at fragmentation and they have never been above one percent Other than that i run weekly defrags using the system defragmenter and occasionally defragler and i run a virus and anti-rootkit scan using AVG free every other day along with a run of spybot S amp D Some may think quot why not just continue to use ubuntu quot well Ubuntu is not my primarily used OS so it only has a little bit of data on it so if i cannot get windows working again i will likely lose hundreds of pictures songs podcasts and videos also some steam games and other payed digital items Please help anything is appreciated if you need anymore information feel free to ask as i will be happy to give it to you i will be checking this forum alot trying to find the answer so i will most likely get back to any questions quickly and thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

hey guys,

everytime when i start windows
i get the following message:

"There was a problem starting msihsz32.dll
The specified module could not be found"

i've tried to search on this issue in google but with no success,
it could be related to some program i've installed or something
but don't really know which one.

how can i make it go away?
thanks alot!

A:when starting windows i get a rundll error

what anti virus are you using? did it find any infections? if your OS is 64 bit download the 64 bit version of MSE Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows and post back if it finds anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/201676-when-starting-windows-i-get-rundll-error.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Every time I start my PC (Dell Inspiron One, Windows 7) I get the following error message:

"There was a problem starting msioym32.dll. The specified module could not be found".

I've tried searching for msioym32.dll on google but nothing comes up and I have no idea what it refers to. I've also tried searching for it in my PC with no results. It's been like this for the past few months and happens every single time I start my PC. I don't know what software component I must have accidentally deleted to get this message.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of this error message?

A:msioym32.dll error on starting Windows 7

I believe it could be a virus. msjoy was a trojan that showed up in 2007. It caused a few different error messages, similar to yours.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/msioym32-dll-error-on-starting-windows-7-a-665931.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I keep receiving Windows Socket Error It happens sparatically but two things that I've noticed it happens with is while running Replay-Radio nzb-o-matic The error occurs even when those aren't running but replay-radio is usually running in the background I just uninstalled the program after receiving a TRSDKd error In addition to that error I have been receiving Application Errors for various programs It usually goes like this The instruction at quot x a quot referenced memory at quot x b quot The memory could not be quot written quot Click on OK to terminate the program Error Application Windows Error and 10055 Socket Then it closes down something that I didn't even know was running Any thoughts I know this is very vague but anything Windows Socket Error 10055 and Application Error that can help would be greatly Windows Socket Error 10055 and Application Error appreciated Also what is quot LS exe quot Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files NETGEAR SC Manager Utility ZeteraService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Drew My Documents Programs HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF A FD C -A C- FC-ADB - D Creative Software AutoUpdate - http www creative com su ocx CTSUEng cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - DPF F A AE -A D- D - - C F EF D Hotmail Attachments Control - http by fd bay hotmail msn co x HMAtchmt ocx O - DPF F ACF C-C C- B- BEF- B D Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package - http www creative com su ocx CTPID cab O - Protocol ms-help - C -A - D -BBCA- C F EC - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Help hxds dll O - Winlogon Notify LMIinit - C WINDOWS SYSTEM LMIinit dll O - Service Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE O - Service GPLS XX - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS LS exe

A:Windows Socket Error 10055 and Application Error

I just closed Real Player and got this:

RealPlay.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x003e20a7" referenced memory at "0x00d70b28". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-socket-error-10055-and-application-error-98499.html
Relevancy 58.48%

One of my programs is preventing my screen saver from coming on.

I used to know a command that would list processes that tick some Windows API to cause this to occur.

Does anyone know that command? Also, any additional information on this topic in general is appreciated.

A:Application preventing screensaver.

Right click the Task Bar and start the Task Manager and go to the Processes tab. This will list all of the processes on the computer that are running.
How to Troubleshoot a Windows Screensaver that Won't Start | eHow.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/application-preventing-screensaver-628935.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Source: Application Error, event 1000 Category (100)
Faulting application error FreeAgentService
version 5.0.0.4. faulting module msvcr80.dll. Can
anyone help me correct this?

A:Windows xp sp-3 application error

Free Agent Service is a software program included with Seagate external USB drives. You do not need this program. Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall Free Agent software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp-3-application-error-605197.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a industrial (Filtec EBI) machine running on Windows NT. I have an occuring fault the operating screen "freezes" but the rest of the machine is still running ok. There is a windows error message coming up -
GUI.EXE-Application error The instruction at "0x006fd6ff5" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".
The only way I can get rid of it is if I Reboot the whole machine.
The machine supplier informed me it is the hard drive which I have already replaced.
How can I solve this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gui-exe-application-error-windows-nt.667962/
Relevancy 58.05%

hello all i woke up thismorning to get this on my screen at login, before this it wouldnt go past a black screen, wen i go into task manager i got the windows back by running explorer.exe but im afraid soemthin is wrong with it, i am currently running the microsoft saftey scanner and am installin kepersky to scan aswell, does anyone kno why this happened, i use this for my DAW and theres a lot of music on it...thanks

A:windows 7 error 16 bit application

I found a fix

If you cannot use the system normally to perform the actions in the fix you may need to boot an emergency CD or the Install CD to edit the registry as specified. Before you edit the registry I recommend you make a backup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300634-windows-7-error-16-bit-application.html
Relevancy 58.05%

The last few times I've tried to open an Excel spreadsheet, I get this "Windows - Application Error" that reads, "The instruction at "0x771b3670" referenced memory at "0x006f01cc". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on Cancel to debug the program." Anyone know what this means?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-application-error.602586/