Windows Support Forum

Re-install CD for Windows XP...wont work

Q: Re-install CD for Windows XP...wont work

I have windows xp and it says I am missing file msimg32, however I can find the file in a search. I tried to put windows reinstall cd, and typed sfc /scannow in Run. The scan starts but then stops and stalls and mouse freezes off and on after about 5% done...Anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Re-install CD for Windows XP...wont work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Re-install CD for Windows XP...wont work

have you got original xp disk ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-install-cd-for-windows-xp-wont-work.148880/
Relevancy 71.38%

I installed Windows 8 enterprise eval x64 as a windows to go setup.  Everything works fine except when I goto the store to download an app I get the "your purchase could not be completed" error.  When I try to check for updates it fails with
code 80070057, when I try to use the trouble shooting program i get the same error as the updates.  I'm running as an admin with my Microsoft account, I have tried a local account.  I have been searching all day.Like electronic music? www.thespanningtree.net

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ca56460-b1cc-40ce-8f97-4509ad96a083/windows-to-go-system-wont-update-wont-install-apps-and-troubleshooting-doesnt-work?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having all sorts of problems, feels like maybe a virus but scan failed to find any. Had to turn off automatic updates cause every time I shut down, it would download all the updates, then fail to install, then said reverting changes, etc. This would take a long time so I just turned off automatic updates.
Another thing, I kept getting a program called microsoft silverlight? I felt like it was causing alot of problems and I kept trying to UN install it but it wouldn't go away. Finally, you can't find the program in the control panel, but I think it's hiding somewhere. Is that even possible??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-wont-work-downsloads-but-wont-install.1164171/
Relevancy 57.19%

so this has been happening ever since i got a new hard drive installed and a logitech g15 keyboard. for some reason, i cannot install games with the installation wizard. it will go through accepting this and that, clicking next a few times, putting in the serial, and then when it gets to the instlalation itself, it says "initializing program to install" yet the green bar wont move to the left, or even show up for that matter. it just stays there. at first it didnt bother me because i somehow got around it, but now i have mirrors edgeand i want to install it, but i cant because of this problem. i am admin, and (uac i think it is?) is disabled, so thats not the case either. please help

A:install wizard wont work

can you put up a screenshot when it happens?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/204113-install-wizard-wont-work.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Im reallt starting to hate this application. It wont play and I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but it says I still have a newer version installed. There are no running processes and I've removed it via the control panel. =( If it wasn't for movie trailers I wouldn't even use this. Has anyone experienced this before?

A:Quicktime wont work or let me re-install

Try following some of the steps found here:
http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/461336-cant-uninstall-quicktime.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quicktime-wont-work-or-let-me-re-install.838738/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi
i'm installing XP pro on my newly purchased SATA hardrive. everything was going smoothly but after getting all the way to the Regional and Language settings, i realize my mouse wont work! i cant click NEXT!
i'd had a host of other little issues and thought that i was finally home free. looks like CAPS LOCK wont light up on my keyboard so perhaps that doesn't work either. i tried another mouse and i've tried all the other USB ports and nothing....
i dont want to turn off/on and go into the BIOS yet cuz i dont want to mess up this install. but i guess i might have to do something in there with the BIOS settings, but figured i'd hold off on going there till i got some advice.

thanks!

A:mouse wont work during XP install

If you have PS2 ports, you can subsitiute a PS/2 keyboard and mouse for the install. . if not, look in BIOS for a setting for "enable Legacy USB"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-wont-work-during-xp-install-308574.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Yesterday I downloaded the newest version of Netscape and installed it. Eveything seemed fine to me until I tried to use the program. It just wont start when I click on it. I uninstalled it and re-installed it serveral more time, only to have the same result. But Explorer and Mozilla FireFox work just fine on my computer. I have WinXP. Does anyone know why this is happening?

A:Netscape wont work after i install it

did you get as far as the message that says its connecting to the server (for initial registration etc) or did it just hang?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10546/netscape-wont-work-after-i-install-it/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have recently created my own Windows 7 copy using this tutorial How to Create Windows 7 Bootable DVD or ISO by Britec - YouTube
which worked great

I then used the disk to format and re install windows 7 on my laptop, which worked fine.

Now im trying to do it on my PC, it gets to 38% freezes for 5 minutes then shows an error.

A:Same Disk used to install on two computers, 1 wont work

Quote: Originally Posted by Neufy

I have recently created my own Windows 7 copy using this tutorial How to Create Windows 7 Bootable DVD or ISO by Britec - YouTube
which worked great

I then used the disk to format and re install windows 7 on my laptop, which worked fine.

Now im trying to do it on my PC, it gets to 38% freezes for 5 minutes then shows an error.

Would bet the DVD was created on your laptop, your pc dvd reader is probably older (or different and cant read it). Thats one of the major reasons not to use dvds for anything critical. Can you burn it on the pc dvd player?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189628-same-disk-used-install-two-computers-1-wont-work.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All,

Have a very frustrating problem and I hope someone can help - just bought a shiny new tower and all the parts for an upgrade and I thought I'd get a Maxtor 200gb SATA drive to go with it. However I cannot install the SATA drivers when I press 'F6' during the initial stages of a Win XP Pro install. Nothing whatsoever happens when I press the key... it just goes to the next options. Therefore Windows will not load!
The Bios is picking up the drive and I have formatted and partitioned it through MAXBLAST. I created a 10gb 'Windows' drive and have tried formatting in NTFS and FAT32.... but all to no avail.
Oh and I've tried 2 keyboards and still get the same result.... No F6!
Anybody any ideas.... would be most appreciated.

the Donk.

A:Cannot install on SATA drive, F6 wont work

you said your tried two different keyboards but was one of them a PS/2 connection? I have never had any luck with installs using either a microsoft keyboard or a USB connected keyboard. I keep a cheap 10.00 PS/2 Board around for installs.

another thing I assume you are using a floppy disk with the drivers on it are you sure your Floppy Drive is working?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-install-on-sata-drive-f6-wont-work.22890/
Relevancy 56.33%

Well i got a new Graphics Card a few weeks ago and quick time wasn't working i could here the sound but i couldn't see anything...

So i tried to install the newest version from the quick time website but when i install it it wont work because i still have the old one and for some reason i cant uninstall the old one because some files are missing or something and it wont let me delete the files directly either...

Can anyone help?

A:Quick Time wont work or install...

try to reinstall your video codecs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-time-wont-work-or-install.602366/
Relevancy 56.33%

hello i have tried amp downloaded a few players video downloaders to save my favorite videos off youtube etc but they are not working example tried to instal RealPlayer amp downloaded the installer clicked install amp it flicks up installing then dissapears amp doesnt install at all same with Xvideoservicethief actaully got that installed but when i go amp open it it flicks up then dissapears almost as if something is blocking them had a strange hunch the other day when it said i was using a ad-blocker now i dont take no notice of ads so i definately havent installed anything to block them also on some sites when a video appears JW player was one i think amp u click play it just endlessly circles loading but never plays amp the internet connection is A had a few little issues lately amp im no rocket scientist when it comes to computers players/downloaders but install wont work? try & they but surely this stuff shoudlnt being this should they any help would be appreciated thanks you

A:try & install players/downloaders but they wont work?

Are you using Chrome? If so, Google will not allow any video downloaders to work on Chrome. Try it on Firefox.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500511/try-install-playersdownloaders-but-they-wont-work/
Relevancy 56.33%

not sure if im in the right place
but computer wont do anything but load up with options to do system repair or whatever its called but it says it cant fix the problem i dont have disc for it or any pw's im on a reg user account it wont load in safe mode but by doing different things i have access to do various things but not sure what or how to lol i had issues before and got them fixed by using sites similar to this any help is appreciated

A:system repair wont work windows wont load

Might be a failing Hard drive. Get to your bios and see if there is any diagnostics there to do a hard drive test. On some motherboards its delete on others its F2. If there is no diagnostics on the bios i would make a USB bootable diagnostics and do that.
I just had the same problems and found out the hard way that it was a hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346617-system-repair-wont-work-windows-wont-load.html
Relevancy 56.33%

All of a sudden, I turn on my lap top (lenovo idea pad flex 10) and it takes forever to Load, then says windows 8 wont boot or something.
Takes me to a blue screen and I tries to system restore but that also won't load and go through. Help please?
I went to advanced options and pulled up the box you type **** in butI don't know what to put km it to make windows boot!

A:windows 8 wont boot and system restore wont work

You need to be much more specific about what your problem is. I can't tell at all from your post what's really happening, and neither will anybody else. What exactly happens? What exact messages do you get? What "advanced options" are you talking about? Also, it appears this site's profanity filter has blocked something in your post. Using such language is not helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wont-boot-and-system-restore-wont-work.1148418/
Relevancy 55.9%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives Unwanted wont install/work programs ups, Pop downloaded C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway EG HC HR Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Hello guys I ve recently had a problem with my browser not working correctly I keep getting unwanted pop ups and unintentional redirected pages I found a program named SavingsBull that seemed to have been installed but have removed that I was originally using Chrome but have since tried over different browsers resulting in ending up with iExplorer Also when i try to download anything through my browser it says signature cant be verified and it wont finish the Unwanted Pop ups, downloaded programs wont install/work installation I ve ran Malwarebytes in normal and Safe mode but it hasn t came up with anything I tried to run the dds com program but it says it can t be used in quot Compatibility Mode quot Im providing logs from HijackThis rogueKiller and Rkill I also have ComboFix downloaded but i m waiting on that for a last resort option Thanks for any help in advance Kevin B nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hade to wipe my computer and deceded to go with ultimate win x Its been SO install win7x64 Multiavchd,on work OS, Fresh new wont LONG since i installed Multiavchd on xp that i have no idea what im doing wrong but as you can see from the screenshot there is NO START BUTTON TO CLICK after loading the m ts file I did as i remembered to do and Installed tsmuxer imgburn and haali and ffdshow Here is a screen of my multiavchd and off to the bottom right the start button is like half cut off IMG Uploaded with ImageShack usIs there known problems with Mulitiavchd and win What am i doing wrong here i bet its something simple Fresh install Multiavchd,on new OS, win7x64 wont work stupid i cant get permission on Doom s forums to contact Dean Fresh install Multiavchd,on new OS, win7x64 wont work k the program writer Ive googled the heck out of this Does anyone know his email his website is DOWN Also anyone with an alternative cheap to multiavchd or EASIER to use im ALL EARS LOL It all should be wrapped up in one package if you ask me Even though dean is a freaking genius Sheesh im wondering if there is anyone here that knows Fresh install Multiavchd,on new OS, win7x64 wont work wtf i am even talking about Im pretty sure last time i was here it was for virus removal etc etc etc lol

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323375/fresh-install-multiavchdon-new-os-win7x64-wont-work/
Relevancy 54.61%

i did a clean install on my pc useing my windows 7 retail disk and now i cant connect to the internet useing my laptops ethernet ports or the built in network card i just bought the pc yesterday and now the ethernet ports are not functioning neither is the wirelesscard before i did the clean install everything was working fine i dont know how to find the drivers in order to redownload them if thats the problem

A:after clean install my pcs ethernet ports and wireless card wont work

i was also wondering why is it that my last pc i had i could do clean install and i never had problems connecting to the internet useing the ethernet ports or the built in network ADAPTER

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125726-after-clean-install-my-pcs-ethernet-ports-wireless-card-wont-work.html
Relevancy 54.18%

None of my games will work wont - changed work- system work wont restore reg games I took some advice of a forum because I couldnt get Perfect World to work and changed something in the registry to do with the port Now no game will work and i would change it back but i dont know what it was previously My system restores wont changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work work wont even undo and theres only one days worth there now I dont know how to do a utilities reg scan which I think may be what I need to do I dont know if its in my pc or on my XP disk I cant use the disk because I dont changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work know how to find my product code and the person I bought it off has gone to Cyprus I ve done a Drwebcureit but really I need instructions for a year old and I think this has happened since my last one I had a Win Trojan in the other day and Vundo got rid of it I think maybe its got something to do with that maybe its still lurking around Ive done a Combofix amd this was at the top - WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED If anyone can help me you would save my life its driving me mad now x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-reg-games-wont-work-system-restore-wont-work.674522/
Relevancy 54.18%

I wanted to transfer data to another hard drive and i hooked it up as a slave drive to my main drive and the first time i booted it up it did nothing and then i restarted and and wouldnt boot and gave me the message

NTLRD is missing
Please press any key to restart

then i unhooked the second hard drive and rebooted and got the same message, i hooked the second drive up to its original machine and got the same message on it too. what is goin on hear now nothing will boot. please need help, i cant lose all that data on both hardrives!

I sacraficed the first hard drive and format it and then when i go to install windows xp on it at says

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

The parameter is incorrect.

Please Help!

Relevancy 54.18%

I wanted to transfer data to another hard drive and i hooked it up as a slave drive to my main drive and the first time i booted it up it did nothing and then i restarted and and wouldnt boot and gave me the message

NTLRD is missing
Please press any key to restart

then i unhooked the second hard drive and rebooted and got the same message, i hooked the second drive up to its original machine and got the same message on it too. what is goin on hear now nothing will boot. please need help, i cant lose all that data on both hardrives!

I sacraficed the first hard drive and format it and then when i go to install windows xp on it at says

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

The parameter is incorrect.

Please Help!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello restarts or install. wont windows complete install 7 bsod everyone first off thanks for taking the time to consider my problem i know this is quite a redundant issue thank you for your patience First off this windows 7 wont complete install. restarts install or bsod is a newly built computer all windows 7 wont complete install. restarts install or bsod fresh components after cleaning activating the windows 7 wont complete install. restarts install or bsod hdd via shift f at win setup which took me a day to figure out i was very excited to see my hdd available for win installation as i proceed windows does its thing after installing its time for the first restart it restarts right back to the initial windows setup ive done a lot of research and majority of the problems seem to be the boot priority in bios so i made sure that it was usb-hdd then hard drive win on flash drive for me no dvd burner available still the same thing right back to initial setup i tried maybe to remove the flash drive during the second countdown to restart but when it restarts the windows splash screen comes up and then blue screens and restarts real quick cant see what the error is on bsod there have been a couple different start up issues quot windows did not start properly quot quot select version of windows to start from quot or something to that effect but its all the same outcome windows just wont finish installation i know this flash drive works cuz i used it to upgrade on my gf's laptop any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:windows 7 wont complete install. restarts install or bsod

Did you wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command?

Check for newer BIOS version. If none, Reset BIOS to defaults, set SATA controller to AHCI.

Set HD first to boot in BIOS setup, trigger stick to boot using one-time BIOS boot menu key at boot.

Where did you get Win7? How is it written to stick?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251623-windows-7-wont-complete-install-restarts-install-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a deskstar K GB HDD hard drive and Im installing into a compaq with a motherboard cr i know putting big hard drive into that crap anyway and the other hard drive is a Seagate Medalist well the desk star was originally partitioned into drives I kinda unpartitioned it and repartitioned it later Now then with the Seagate in their as the master I can still use the deskstar to store data however if i try to load XP on the deskstar alone it will get through the dos format and all wont cd finish XP install of after and restart Help install Windows the way till it restarts after it restarts it wont load the os all the cables are connected its been partitioned into drives again though i dont think that had anything to do with it although i think its pointless cuz i do get the SMART error but i hope thats a false sign cuz when i have the seagate as the master im able to use it for just storing but Im just at my wits end and im thinkin of going quot office space quot on the hard drive plz i need help idk if its not compatible or what any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Help Windows XP after install of cd and restart wont finish install

Are the jumpers correct on the Deskstar when you have ONLY the deskstar connected to the ribbon cable?

Which position on the ribbon cable [ end connector or middle connector ] are you using when ONLY the deskstar connected to the ribbon cable?

Have you run the drive fitness test from Hitachi [ new manufacturer of Deskstar HDDs ]? www.hgst.com

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-after-install-of-cd-and-restart-wont-finish-install.693439/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, I've a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop which has Vista on it.

Windows will not boot past the main screen, it ends up restarting over and over.

I attempted to install Windows 7 on the drive without doing a clean install. The Installation hung at "Completing Installation"

I installed from a flash drive because for some reason this laptop wont install from the cd rom drive.

I need to salvage many important business related files from the laptop and don't want to do a clean install unless absolutely necessary.

Is it possible to salvage the files from this laptop? I cant boot into it, no safe mode, nor standard boot. Nor can I seem to be able to 'over write' or 'set aside' vista and install windows 7

Please Help

A:Windows wont boot and Windows wont install

You can put the drive into an external enclosure and try it that way.

Have you done any hardware diagnostics?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441044/windows-wont-boot-and-windows-wont-install/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi My windows xp wont boot up after it restarted suddenly when I was talking to some friends on aim I tried to use alst known good config start windows normally all of the safe mode options they all either cause my Xp Xp wont & work Win Cd Windows computer to restart or it freezes the moment windows xp professional starts to load So Windows Xp & Win Xp Cd wont work i decided to try to Windows Xp & Win Xp Cd wont work boot from xp professional cd it works until I get to either install xp or repair i tried to use repair it freezes up when its about to check my hd when i try to use install new xp it freezes up when it s about to check my hd My hard drive is gb western digital SATA The hard drive and most of my computer parts are brand new from newegg about a month Could someone tell me if this is a hard drive defect or a windows xp defect I also tried to boot from floppy using an ms-dos bootup floppy and the floppy setup for windows xp but my computer wont even boot up from floppy even though i set floppy as primary boot device Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey i m new to the forums so hello There s basically two problems I have with my computer firstly and most pressing is that my windows XP home edition refuses to boot My computer takes an age to boot up then eventually just goes to a black screen where usually the windows page would load If i tilt the screen I can see the windows loading screen very faintly on the black screen as if it was about to load and then stopped I ve tried booting my computer in safe mode which just caused a list of file names to appear rappidly then it crashes and i ve tried booting it in the last known working settings XP wont work Windows in which i m just faced with the same black screen I ve even tried just turning it off at the wall and leaving it alone in the hope the rest might do it good yeh i m a bit computer illeteriate Windows XP wont work I dont have the windows XP disc to hand either Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Obvously thats my most pressing problem but I also have an ongoing problem which I thought I might as well mention in case its connected Sometimes my computer continually fails to turn on it starts to boot up and then just fails and turns itself back off then when its off a two Windows XP wont work tone siren type noise comes out of the hard drive untill I turn the hard drive off at the back I can sometimes do this or times before my computer boots up and after that it usually works fine Somebody suggested it may be a fan error so I took the case off the hardrive there wasnt much dust but I cleaned out all their was and the fan seemes to be working fine nothing is impairing it s movement The more I talk about it the more it sounds like my computer may be terminal which I really hope isnt the case so yeh st problem most pressing nd problem if its relevant or you can be bothered helping sorry for the length of the post cheers nbsp

A:Windows XP wont work

What is Ur PC configuration. Is PC loaded Desktop..? or remains as black screen.?
That problem is happen recently or it's normally regally.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-work.794230/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

Im trying to share my intenet from my PC to my PS3.
I have it hooked up with a crossover cable and all the settings set up how I think they need to be:

The connection I'm sharing:
http://prntscr.com/2cd1nn

The LAN connection to the PS3:
http://prntscr.com/2cd20p

Those are the IPV4 settings.

The network status says there is Internet Access (IPV4) but when I do a connection test on the PS3 it just fails.
If you need any more information, just tell me. Thanks!

A:Windows 7 ICS wont work with PS3

Disable ICS; change the ethernet connection to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto'; enable ICS. That should set things properly. I don't know how it got so messed up, but those three steps should clear it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-ics-wont-work-with-ps3.1115605/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys
Just bought a new PC today. With windows XP installed.This Is the computer specification, Just Incase you need to know!

AMD Sempron 3000+ Processor

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

512MB DDR RAM

80GB Hard Disk Drive

Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive

256MB ATI Radeon X200 Express Graphics

9-In-1 Media Card Reader

7 USB Connections

4 PCI Slots

17" TFT Flat Panel Monitor

I bought it home, Plugged it in, started first time. Well the Windows XP logo came up and said loading. Then a message.

"Windows Is unable to start because the registry could not be updated. To address this problem, Please contact your computer manufacturor"

Hmm. What does this mean?

Ive looked and searched on this. No luck. Ive been on the Compaq website. No luck. Ive searched Google. No luck.

If I cant get this solved soon, I will take it back to the store where I bought it!

Please help.

Cheers!

Pete

Relevancy 50.31%

hi I getting a RunDLL error when trying to get on internet explorer with my acer aspire. Running windows7 and cant get on internet it says-There was a problem starting C:\Windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl The operating system cannot run%1. I have tried restoring to an earlier date but didnt help. thanks in advance for your help and happy to join this forum.

A:windows 7 wont work

Hi, Welcome.

Try this
>Close all open IE
>Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On and OFF > Uncheck Internet Explorer 9 > Don't for get to click OK
>Put check again then OK
>Relaunch IE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-work.1085695/
Relevancy 50.31%

i have intel 2.66ghz quad core (x64), 4gb of ram, 1tb of hd and 9500gt graphics card
in this pc win vista or xp works fine
but win7 dont seem to work
when i install it, it installs smoothly till the part where it asks for username, date and time
after that the pc restarts and dosent boot
after the bios screen appears, the screen goes blank and there is a blinking cursor only
also the caps lock or num lock of keyboard dosen't work
please help me with this

A:windows 7 wont work in my PC

Do you have more than one harddrive in your system? If so, check in the BIOS and see if the one with Windows 7 installed on it is set as the first in boot priority.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50138-windows-7-wont-work-my-pc.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I everyone thank you so much for having me on this forum I usually do everything possible before asking for help and this problem Im really out of ideas I have a compaq presario f wont drive usb install Can't 7os. support DVD drive. doesnt work,bios laptop that im trying to do a clean install in It initially had vista but i decided to put win over it through my usb portable drive inside vista It Can't install 7os. DVD drive wont work,bios doesnt support usb drive. installed but I think it would be best to do a clean Can't install 7os. DVD drive wont work,bios doesnt support usb drive. install cause vista hade soo much crap and info that i suspect is making win slow and there is where I ran Can't install 7os. DVD drive wont work,bios doesnt support usb drive. into problems The dvd drive inside the laptop doesnt work at all and the usb portable drive only works inside the os but cant boot through bios The bios doesnt give me an option to boot the dvd drive and make the clean install The bios only has options like quot usb floppy quot usb hardrive quot usb diskette quot but no quot usb rom quot option quot and yes I have tried every combination possible with no luck The usb drive only works inside of windows so i have no idea why I can't boot with it I have read many hours on this issue but the main consensus i find is that my laptop just doesnt have that option to boot my usb drive If this is the case how am i gonna do a clean install aside from buying a new dvd drive for the laptop which may not work please any ideas would be greatly appreciated The laptop has gb of ram and a turion x so it shouldn't be taking me a minute to startup after installing a fresh win through vista This is why I want to do a clean install

A:Can't install 7os. DVD drive wont work,bios doesnt support usb drive.

Are you under the impression you can't clean install over an old installation by running a Custom install from the old OS which will overwrite C? This is pretty close to a clean install in the sense it isn't an inferior Upgrade install which carries over Vista programs and settings.

However I'd first try to boot the installer. After writing the ISO to stick using a reliable app like UltraISO Software To Create Bootable USB Flash Drive did you expand the USB Hard Drive choices to see if the stick is listed there as it often is? Did you try setting the HDD as first boot device in BIOS setup and then use the ESC key to display a boot menu, look for flash stick there, or expand USB HD choice there to see if USB is under that?

Did you try booting the USB DVD drive using the ESC menu, even trying the USB diskette choice to see if it will work?

If none of these work even after verifying the stick will boot successfully in another PC, then I would run the installer from the OS you have on there now, choosing C partition to do a Custom install. Afterwards your old OS will be stuffed in a C:\windows.old folder which you can save long enough to make sure you have everything then delete using Disk Cleanup.

Other tips here are the same for retail to get and keep a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/309742-cant-install-7os-dvd-drive-wont-work-bios-doesnt-support-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I just purchased an HP Pavilion 20 All-In-One desktop computer that unfortunately had Windows 8 on it - I needed a computer immediately and no one in town had an all in one with 7 pro. I purchased Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit OEM software (from reputable store; computer is 64bit) and thought it would be an easy install - insert disk, follow directions. It acts as if it's installing windows 7, but when it gets to the screen which shows the language, time and - forgot the last drop down choice, I don't have use of the mouse or keyboard. I can't tab, use arrow keys, or anything. I have spent hours searching online before bothering anyone for free advice, but now I'm looking for free advice. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also, do I post this in Windows 7 Pro or 8 ?

Let me add that this All In One does not have the touch screen monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/post-here-or-win8-removing-win8-replacing-w-win7-pro-mouse-wont-work-during-install.1084091/
Relevancy 49.88%

and will there be a fix or update for this problem? Will have to buy power dvd for windows 8?

A:Why wont windvd 11 pro work on windows 8

Have you checked the Corel website?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10960-why-wont-windvd-11-pro-work-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a windows 8 computer and I have been having problems connecting to the internet. I have been searching for ways to fix the problem but I have not been able to find any solution. Basicly what is happening is I connect to the wifi and it says I am connected, after that I try to open google but it does not work it says that I am not connected to the internet. Also something weird is I can connect to skype fine, I can log in and talk to my friends and so on.
(I have tried doing ipconfig /release and stuff like that)
Please help me fix this problem
Thanks.
-Matthew

A:Windows 8| Wifi wont work

Is it just google you are having problems with? Or is it anything on the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wifi-wont-work.1104448/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, Avg recently removed a virus and upon removal windows explorer will not open, It will in safe mode but not in normal mode. I really want to avoid a full recovery. As i have about 22 gigs of music and about a gig of personal writing files. I could transfer them to another hard drive but that would be a major headache. Here are the error details.

Appname: explorer.exe Appver:6.0.2900.2180 Modname: shell32.dll
Modver:6.0.2900.2951 Offset: 0015fca2

A:Windows explorer wont work

You might have to remove the hard drive from this computer and install it in another computer as a slave drive and after it is able to be accessed by Windows on that computer you will have to manually backup all of your important data that you have to another media like CD-R's, DVD or Thumb drive. Then when this is done return it to the original computer as a master drive on the primary IDE cable and do the following:

REGISTRY WARNING: The details that follow require an above-average understanding of the technical topics involved. If you do not understand the Registry material presented here, either find a technically-knowledgeable friend or do not attempt to repair your system Registry yourself. Improper changes in the System Registry can render all data on your hard disk inaccessible.

I hope you have the Windows software for this machine. Please give this a try and print it out for reference

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/917964

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install = http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Here is a link to a registry backup program that is absolutely fantastic it is called ERUNT

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Remember to always keep a backup of two things:

Your registry and your data. You will never be sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-wont-work.514482/
Relevancy 49.88%

I get this message when attempting to update windows Windows update cannot currently check for update work. Windows wont updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer Files requested Windows update wont work. are attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by dad at on Windows update wont work. - - Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar Preserve uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp Windows update wont work. client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd mStart Page hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO F -DC - -A C- F D C - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll TB BF - F - - - FE E AA - No File TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun MobileDocuments c program files common files apple internet services ubd exe uRun IE Privacy Keeper quot e ie privacy keeper IEPrivacyKeeper exe quot -startup uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil g ActiveX exe -update activex mRun Windows Mobile-based device management rem c windows windowsmobile wmdSync exe mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun NMSSupport quot c program files common files intel inteldh nms support IntelHCTAgent exe quot startup mRun mcui exe quot c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe quot runkey mRun iTunesHelper quot e program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun ISUSPM Startup rem c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe -startup mRun iolo Startup quot c program files iolo common lib ioloLManager exe quot mRun IAAnotif quot c program files intel intel matrix storage manager Iaanotif exe quot mRun CCUTRAYICON c program files intel inteldh ccu CCU TrayIcon exe mRun APSDaemon quot c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun VX c windows vVX exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe StartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech setpoint SetPoint exe uPolicies-explorer NoResolveTrack x mPolicies-explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage x mPolicies-explorer NoResolveTrack x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL LSP mswsock dll Trusted Zone internet Trusted Zone intuit com ttlc Trusted Zone mcafee com DPF Garmin Communicator Plug-In - hxxps static garmincdn com gcp ie GarminAxControl CAB DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file C Windows Java classes xmldso cab DPF vzTCPConfig - hxxp my verizon com micro speedoptimizer fios vzTCPConfig CAB DPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com sites production ieawsdc cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-update-wont-work-655885.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi all first time poster recently decided to treat myself to Battlefield as the first one gave me so much joy got the EA classics complete collection battlefield inclu special forces euro force amp armored fury first tried installing everything in one go as it s all Battlefield work Windows 2 Wont on 7 on one DVD it said it failed to install patch halfway through but carried on to complete installation which was then followed later in the installation with the error message quot Battlefield Euro Booster Pack requires version or later to be installed first quot and the same error for the Armored Fury booster pack requiring version finished the installation in the end then i went to load the game but i got a blank screen which hid this error message Error mods bf shaders lightning fx not found DO check your working directory AND sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer GP really I tried unzipping the shaders from Shaders client zip file within the BF installed folder to put in the shaders folder which someone recommended but this only led me to this message directX c of greater is required please install directX c bit strange I thought as im on windows with directX tried to narrow down the problem by just installing BF only without the extras or patches still get Battlefield 2 Wont work on Windows 7 the directX error tried installing the v patch on the disc but that keeps failing with the very helpful message quot patch failed quot and claiming afterwards that the installation is complete i ve also tried completly uninstalling cleaning the registry and reinstalling which some people recommend but still doesn t work sorry if this has been solved somewhere in the forums I did try to look through the battlefield listings but couldn t find one which could help me My Computer Specs are HP Pavilion a uk Processor Intel Core Duo CPU E Ram GB OS Windows -bit GFX Card NVIDIA GeForce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battlefield-2-wont-work-on-windows-7.880963/
Relevancy 49.88%

Help please, I've been having some issues with my computer and its driving me nuts. It all started when I got a virus/malware. It was a antivirus scam called "Security Essentials 2010". I removed it with the help of this website "myantispyware". After the removal, I had some problems with my computer.

When I tried to hibernate my computer, nothing happens. A screen shows up saying "preparing to hibernate" and then after a few seconds, it returns back to my window and does not hibrnate. Is this a virus?

Please help me. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!

A:Windows update wont work

Hi, I just post a few minutes ago. My second problem after the removal of "Security Essentials 2010" is that some of my google searches has been redirected to another site. I would have to go back and click on the link several times before I actually get to the site I wanted. Thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319161/windows-update-wont-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have windows XP professional and I keep my computer updated and there are two updates that I install but somehow it keeps telling me that I need to install then. What I mean is I install them then like 5 min later the icon for windows updates comes up and its the same updates. They are
MSXML 4.0 SP2 security update 925672
MSXML 4.0 SP2 security update KB927978

A:Two windows undates wont work

anyone?? anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-windows-undates-wont-work.537591/
Relevancy 49.88%

as above windows updates wont work

[Error number: 0x80072EFF] The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. For self-help options: Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

A:windows updates wont work

It's either the servers are busy or your network is preventing connection to the Update Servers. If it persists, install the latest version of Microsoft Windows Script.

Windows Script 5.7:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-wont-work-517254.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok during the install my HDTV went blank on me. I figured out i had to switch to an actual monitor....Ok so even after the install it still wont work on my HDTV. The VGA worked fine with Vista. Then i install windows 7 and BOOM!.......any suggestions?

A:HDTV wont work with windows 7?!?!

You are connecting via VGA? If your connectors permit, connect via DVI. My monitor also has HDMI. but won't work via a DVI-HDMI cable. I guess that is only for a video card that has an HDMI output. Another possibility is S-Video, if both the video card and HDTV are equipped with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54864-hdtv-wont-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i caught a fake virus before that was trying to get me to buy a fake virus protection program I removed it with this tutorial at http malwaretips com blogs system-progressive-protection-removal However now my windows firewall doesn t seem to work and i cant change the settings i get this error quot windows firewall cant change some of your settings Error x quot whenever i try to change something in it i saw another post of someone using farbar for a log entry windows firewall work wont here it is if anyone can help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it happy holidays by the way Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by gonzalez administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users gonzalez Downloads New folder quot Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK windows firewall wont work MpsSvc Service is not running Checking windows firewall wont work service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt windows firewall wont work Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System es dll gt MD is legit C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log

A:windows firewall wont work

Hello -Please visit This Page for directions by Expert Broni This topic has specific directions for you to follow, and solutions for your problem.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479539/windows-firewall-wont-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello im new to this forum and im seeking your help i installed a new copy of windows its supposed to be completely fine and it is until it restarts after installing all the new windows after that it wont start again i need to return it to windows vista if i want it to open windows the only screen that will open is the system restore one im not sure the name but the one that has windows diagnostic tools system restore etc plz help i work help at 7 Solved: all new windows wont want to get rid of windows Solved: help new windows 7 wont work at all vista but my windows wont work comp specs Processor AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz KB X L Cache HyperTransport technology up to MHz Chipset ATI RS T Display panel -inch Ultrabright WXGA TFT display Memory GB MHz DDR SDRAM Total slots DDR slots Available slots DDR slots Video controller ATI Radeon X Up to MB of HyperMemory Webcam Megapixel Fingerprint reader No Audio High definition audio - channel Hard drive GB RPM SATA hard drive Optical drive X Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM with Labelflash Write maximum X DVD -R X DVD-RW X DVD RW X DVD-R DL X DVD R DL X DVD-RAM X CD-R and X CD-RW discs Read maximum X DVD-R RW ROM X DVD -R DL X DVD-RAM X CD-R RW ROM discs Modem Integrated V K modem Network Ethernet LAN g wireless LAN Memory card reader -in- Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro Multimedia Card Secure Digital XD MiniSD and RS-MMC when used with adapter that is supplied with card Interfaces Three - USB ports One - VGA port One - HDMI connector RJ- port RJ- port Headphone SPDIF Audio Out jack Microphone jack One - Lock slot Power input Pointing device Touchpad with vertical scroll zone Expansion slot Expresscard Type Battery -cell Lithium-ion Dimensions to -inches H -inches W -inches D to mm H mm W mm D Weight pounds kilograms nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Y'all,

I downloaded some extra gadgets from microsoft website in addition to what I already had on my laptop and ever since the windows gadgets isnt working at all.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can be of immense help to.

The operating system is window 7 (Ultimate), service pack 1.

Cheers

A:windows gadgets wont work

Hi lilnana and welcome to TSF.

It could well be a corrupt user profile, but before we have to go through creating a new one and copying over the programs as well, lets try a few things.

1] Have you tried re-booting after you installed the extra gadgets?
2] What anti-virus do you have running? Have you tried disabling it?
3] The gadgets that you downloaded from the MS site, were they made for Vista or Windows 7?
4] Were the gadget you installed made for a 32bit OS or a 64bit OS? (What are you running?
5] Have you tried removing one-by-one the newest gadgets to see which one is causing an issue?

Can you give us a direct link to the gadget (a link for each one) that you downloaded.

Quote:

Some gadgets are optimized for Windows Vista and might not provide the same experience if installed on Windows 7. Some gadgets (such as those using High DPI) only work on computers running Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-gadgets-wont-work-572912.html
Relevancy 49.88%

whenever i update windows wont work click on my windows update button my browser opens up and then it redirects to the msn homepage and when i try start the service i get the error message can some one help me please here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C windows update wont work WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM windows update wont work exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Linksys WUSB WUSB exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL windows update wont work http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run PAC Monitor C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe O - HKLM Run Monitor C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run C WINDOWS system kduxx exe C WINDOWS system kduxx exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run c b a rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system jgxpmray dll quot b O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe O - Startup Stardock ObjectDock lnk C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup Wireless Network Monitor lnk C Program Files Linksys WUSB WUSB exe O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddVideo htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Web traffic protection statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button HP Clipbook - ECB - F - cb-A - ABF E - C Program Files HP Smart Web Pr... Read more

A:windows update wont work

Hi, welcome to TSF!

Before we start, please follow the instructions in the following thread then post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-update-wont-work-314365.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi need some help here. My friend has tried to get her windows mail working she called Charter, and she called Microsoft and still can not get it up and running.

She has a business and needs a email program that will hold folders etc.

Do you have any ideas as to why we can not get this program to work??

Thanks for any help you might offer.

A:Windows mail wont work HELP!!

Welcome
A better explanation of the exact problem would be helpful. Has she tried other email clients; eg Thunderbird etc?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/291751-windows-mail-wont-work-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
I get this message when attempting to update windows
Windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.
I have done multiple malware scans(spybot, malwarebytes etc) with nothing found, BITS is not listed in processes and anything remotely associated with update i have running i think.I tried to uninstall SP2 and was going to resinstall but it failed.
The other odd thing is at the bottom of the update screen it now says find out about free software from (null). Ive googled this online and so far havent found any help.
Thanks in advance for any help!!

A:Windows Up date wont work

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-up-date-wont-work-655611.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Yeah, so i have a computer running XP and windows 7 but on windows 7 it wont let me connect to the internet. Something about a problem with the network card, but there's nothing wrong with it since I can use the internet on my other os on the same comp. any ideas?
specs:
Processor:
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-CM
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory:
3072MB RAM
Hard Drive:
500 GB Seagate
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
Integrated
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
(2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090206-1233)

A:Only Windows 7 Internet Wont Work

So i was looking around other forums and i saw that anti-virus programs can cause problems with the internet, i uninstalled BitDefender (anti-virus) program and once again my internet started working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13482-only-windows-7-internet-wont-work.html
Relevancy 49.88%

windows update fails all the time. i get code 80070308 and code 8007007A
I have done all the diagnostics tool but still wont work.
can you help? thankyou

Edit:  Deleted content because the link was no longer valid.

Look in post #7 for the proper suggestion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547101/windows-update-wont-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

Please help updates Windows work wont after Two days ago after windows updates my old pc XP and my laptop vista wouldnt load windows when I turned them on the microsoft load screen came up and then the screen just went black instead of windows coming on The only way I could get it to work is by restarting it and going into safe mode like I am at the moment I went to check my Windows wont work after updates netbook XP and that was working but asked me to install windows updates and restart so i did and now thats the same So I have three comps I cant use The only connecting factors are the windows updates and that they all run McAfee Now the laptop I did do a system restore which i took back weeks and it worked but then McAfee said it had updated and needed to restart then my problems start again Im at a loss as to whether its McAfee or Windows updates I dont know what to do Even the start up repair didnt fix it but when i looked at the log it said something to with an unknown change in configuration could be causing it but I haven t changed anything nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my DVD is blocked.

A:I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my DVD wont work has b...

Hi, Try following the procedure under the sub-heading Resolution 5 - create a registry subkey on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-upgraded-to-windows-10-and-now-my-DVD-wont-work-has/td-p/5607687
Relevancy 49.88%

I can not log off or shutdown windows xp when people are in there setting when i try it just sits there i have to go to switch user go to the log in screen and then turn off from there is there anyway for this to work again?

A:windows xp log out button wont work

Take a look at this article from Microsoft to see if this answers your question.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q279765

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-log-out-button-wont-work.93094/
Relevancy 49.88%

Im running windows XP home SP2 and a while back I ran a spyware scan with Spyware doctor, fixed a heap of infections and after that my firewall wont work. I try to enable it in windows security center but still no cigar.

Ive downloaded Zone Alarm in its place for the meantime is that ok?

Any takers?

A:Windows Firewall wont work

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis250

Ive downloaded Zone Alarm in its place for the meantime is that ok?

Yes, Zone alarm is a better firewall, it stops traffic both ways while XP firewall only stops incoming traffic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-firewall-wont-work-110790.html
Relevancy 49.88%

have about a year Toshiba laptop and I right [Help] wont laptop on Windows my XP work am having [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop extreme trouble with it I am about to throw it out my third story window but I thought I [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop should post here to see if any if you guys could help It all started about a month ago when my computer was running very slowly and one day I got a message saying message saying windows have to shut down due to a critical error So it shut down and when I tried to reboot it said windows could not run because of a missing windows directory and to run the recovery console on the windows XP CD Well the problem was that I don t have the window XP CD just the Toshiba recovery CD which formats the drive and automatically installs windows XP Well so I tried using the Toshiba Recovery CD but kept on getting either a bad system partition error it installed but when I restarted all I got was a blank screen like no operating system was installed or that same windows directory error About after the th try of using the Toshiba recovery CD I got windows installed successfully However it ran very very very slow even at the boot up I managed to run ad aware and a virus scanner and it found spy ware and viruses on it even though it was a clean install That s not my main problem though every time my computer went to sleep automatically after hr or so and came back up it would show that same windows error Saying that windows could not start because the windows system config system directory is missing So I ran the recovery CD again and the same thing happens once I finally get windows installed it goes to sleep and never gets back up successfully This has been an endless process So I got a couple questions to ask in order to attempt to fix this before I throw the damn thing out the window Anyone ever heard of this problem and a solution of windows not starting up properly after it automatically goes to sleep How it is possible for me to still have spy ware and viruses after I format it with the Toshiba recovery CD My CPU usage fluctuates from about to constantly I assume this is because of the spy ware and virus s but I ran ad-aware and it said I had processes and process modules What exactly are process modules and what are other reasons for my CPU usage to be so high I am running off a local area university connection connecting with my USB port is it possible the virus s and spy ware on getting on through there after I run the Toshiba recovery console Is there any diagnostics software program that can tell me the condition of my hard drive ram etc can of like a benchmarking program That s about it for now if you have any idea how to get my laptop back to normal health please respond Also can you give some tips and any routine maintenance you perform to prevent from something like this happening Thanks for your help David nbsp

A:[Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

Instead of using the recovery cd, try to get a window xp cd from someone and do the clean installation again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-wont-work-right-on-my-laptop.338139/
Relevancy 49.88%

I had a bunch of spyware and stuff but got rid of most of it but whenever I try to run Windows update it says this service is not running reboot.

Relevancy 49.88%

could someone please help me! ok the old version works but none of the new ones will! on the place were it says click here to sign in on the button you push for that it says setup or change your mobile account! and wen you try n push it nothing happins ! so i downloaded another windows messenger and now it comes up click here to sign in but wen i try to click it nothing happens! does anyone know whats wrong with this thing! lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-msn-messenger-wont-work-on-my-windows-xp.157423/
Relevancy 49.88%

When i log into my windows xp pro a message pops up saying that windows has recovered from a serious error so i click close because there is nothing else i can do with that window...but it keeps popping up when i close it and within atleast 5-10mins it will log me off and shut down.

It doesn't completely shut down though it goes to some blue screen saying Windows has shut down to keep your computer from being harmed or from losing memory something like that i cant really remember. On the bottom of that message theres is 2 paragraphs. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

A:Windows Wont Work Properly

Try disabling the automatically restart on system failure feature. Then you are able to read what messages appear on the blue screen and post that back here for some one to lol at.
Click Start Button

On the Start Menu click Control Panel

When the Control Panel window opens click on the System icon

The system properties window opens

Click the Advanced tab

In the Advanced tab window locate the Start and Recovery section and press the Settings button

When the settings window opens look for the System failure section

Remove the check mark from the Automatically Restart option

Click OK to Exit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79717/windows-wont-work-properly/
Relevancy 49.88%

ive recently posted a qustion about my computer and found out i had a bad stick of ram, i still have 1-4gb stick in there thats gud becuse the other was bad for some reson. i am now having problems with error message code 80072f8f when trying to install updates. i have tryed everything to chage time and even sync it with nato time but it still has a error, when i online it just says verifacation error to oven on somthing as simple as facebook. NOTE: i had a service pack 3 on this but now it says i only have a service pack 2 and i cant try to update it becuse of this problem. can you please help and give advice?

If you have Windows Vista there is not SP3 for Vista yet only SP2. Where did you get your copy of Windows Vista?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-wont-work-633776.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hiya I am having a problem with my windows home premium bit I wiped my computer to try and get a new graphic card to work never got it working gave up and went back to my old graphic card Since then I have had to wipe my computer a number of times I kept having to wipe my computer since the same problem kept happening Which is that my windows will crash and wont work after about - mins after start up I thought it was my disk so I installed it from a usb windows installer and has been runnign fine home using work windows wont after Windows 7 activation phone for about weeks until I was free to do the phone activation of my windows I phoned up the activation after using my computer for a while then after I phoned and it came up Windows wont work after using windows 7 home phone activation genuine like normal I went to get a drink befor doing more work and once getting back to my computer I opened a new tab on firefox it was very slow on the internet so I clsoed my browser and tried to reopen it and but it woulnd't open windows has frozen completely so I pressed the restart button on my case and let it boot up and then it wouldn't let me do anything Does anyone have any idea of how come my computer seem to freeze and refuse to work once I use the windows phone activation

A:Windows wont work after using windows 7 home phone activation

What makes you think it is the activation? Did you go click on "Start Button", right click on "Computer" and left click on "Properties"? When the screen comes up scroll down to the right bottom of the screen and you should see a "Genuine Windows Logo". If it says something different then there is an activation problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325631-windows-wont-work-after-using-windows-7-home-phone-activation.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I ran a defraggler defrag for the first time ever since I was aware that there might be an issue with it and defrag work after Windows wont properly windows I recall last Windows wont work properly after defrag time i did so windows would not Windows wont work properly after defrag start Well i did so the other day as I had GB that needed it and my computer as beginning to slow down just a tad bit Low and behold I am having a problem now after years and my only ever defrag that I cannot load certain webpages I can load some and they work great other websites ie filehippo medbullets random websites I have no idea how the computer decides which are not loading no error messages or nothing just a blank page THis is the case on ALL browsers on my computer I m really in need of some advice as I cannot access some pages that are crucial for my upcoming exam I cant tell if this is degrag related or just windows error but the two events do happen to coincide I did a flushdns as per a google result of someone haveing a similar problem but I cannot for the life of me think of anyhting else that may be the problem Can anyone out there in the tech world please help with this if it makes sense to anyone

A:Windows wont work properly after defrag

Firstly I cannot imagine not defraging for that long a period, a couple of months maybe.  Seeing that you can access some areas and not others my guess is your system has a bug.  Can you run your security software?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570764/windows-wont-work-properly-after-defrag/
Relevancy 49.45%

when i try to download a file from with in windows explorer it just flashes real fast the only way to stop it is to press the esc key please help mad as $%&!

A:download wont work while in windows explorer

If you want to download something I recommend you get download accelerator at http://www.downloadaccelerator.net it's alot like gozilla except triples download speed it actually works too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-wont-work-while-in-windows-explorer.45910/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have just received an HP 620 compaq laptop with Windows 7 pro on. I dont know very much about anything techy and I want to find a free anti virus thats works on Windows 7 pro.

I have used AVG free download before so decided to go with that, but for some reason I cant get it to download, infact for some reason I cant even get the page to load. So I went with the trial version while I sort it out.

Once loaded I then tried to open IE and it just wont open, so I have had to uninstall AVG and now it works ok, but I have no anti virus.

Does anyone have any suggestions of another free anti virus that works on Windows 7 pro?

Many thanks

A:AVG trial version wont work on my Windows 7 pro

Hi gillh2610
Here are a few suggestions for you What's the Best Anti-virus?

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/187598-avg-trial-version-wont-work-my-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 49.45%

had this computer for little over 2 months and snce having it the touch screen will not work at all hp 15.1 notebook, touch the screen nothing happens look in device manager cant even find the touch screen in there, any help would be appreciated, thanks

A:touch screen on windows 10 wont work

I request you to boot the PC to BIOS and test the touchscreen in BIOS. To boot the PC to BIOS, first turn off the PC completely. Keep tapping ESC on startup. You would get a startup menuPress F10 to get into BIOS. do not keep the PC in mute. Touch the screen in BIOS, the PC should beep.  If the PC beeps in BIOS (system utility), the touch screen is fine and you are facing a driver or a software issue. If the PC does not beep in BIOS, when you touch the screen, there is a issue with the display/touchscreen. Considered as a hardware issue (service or display replacment might be required). Please share the product number of your PC. This will help get the specification of your PC and I can give further suggestions.  ****Click the White thumb to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-screen-on-windows-10-wont-work/td-p/5778865
Relevancy 49.45%

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570764/windows-wont-work-properly-after-defrag/

i hope i did that correctly... 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570859/windows-wont-work-properly-after-defrag/
Relevancy 49.45%

Basically my keyboard works when it starts. I can press F8 or Esc to go into the windows startup menu. However when (even in safe mode) it starts up it asks for Ctrl+Alt+Del. Here my keyboard is non responsive. I've had this issue before and used to solve it with windows restore settings to a previous date through safe mode, however this time i can't get into safe mode because clever windows felt like making it so secure.
Also the option of going back to previously good settings after pressing F8 desnt help. I've tried all sorts of boot disks made on my other computer but nothing seems to get it to that BIOS screen. As i said the buttons work before windows starts up just i cant do anything useful with them. Oh and i dont have an XP Pro CD either... would that help? how do i restore mysetings to a previous date?

A:Keyboard Wont Work When Windows Starts Up!?

Hi andrew99 and welcome to TSF !

Is this a laptop or a desktop ?

If it's a desktop, is that keyboard PS/2, usb or wireless ? What's its brand and model ? Try with another PS/2 keyboard and report if you have the same problems.

If it's a laptop, what model is it ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-wont-work-when-windows-starts-up-160501.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So i did the option on windows 10 to reset and clean my pc. It got stuck at 5 percent so I did a manual reset and when i turned it on it had a black screen. It says "an operating system wasnt found. Try disconnecting drives that dont contain an operating system. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" when i dud that it said the same thing so i went to the start up menu and pressed f11 and it went back to that black screen saying an operating system wasnt found. Help asap!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Did-reset-with-windows-10-then-shut-down-pc-now-ot-wont-work/td-p/5645989
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite C -B and I have Windows I only bought the laptop weeks ago I have not been able to get my computer to hear anything from my external device when I use the mic headphone combo jack I have an adapter plugged in that turns my conductor mm end into a conductor mm end I have set everything up using HD Realtek and can see the icon for the mic-in on my list of enabled recording devices However when I play media the sound bar doesnt move Ive checked with my recording programs and they cant hear the mic-in either I've work. mic) mic-in Realtek wont (external Windows HD 8 checked and HD Realtek mic-in (external mic) wont work. Windows 8 apparently all my drivers and software is up to date I even re-downloaded the recording device drivers and nothing happened Is there a way I can download a different driver for these devices I have seen loads of other forums where people had the same issue with their HD Realtek but nobody was able to help them Is there anything I can do aside from buying a mm to USB adapter that will make my computer hear the mic in Thanks

A:HD Realtek mic-in (external mic) wont work. Windows 8

Do you have the "Stereo Mix" set as the default Recording Device? If some other device, such as an internal mic is set as default no other device can be used in most systems. Setting the Default Recording Device as Stereo Mix then any recording device will be heard.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/62147-hd-realtek-mic-external-mic-wont-work-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi you clever people,i downloaded acers upgrade to vista premium but clicked on basic when asked instead of premium so the activation code wont work i have lost windows even the start button please help me i have tried to get in touch with acer but no response xx carol

Relevancy 49.45%

hi i recently upgraded to windows 7 home premium 32bit. and now my web cam wont work. can someone help me? i have a sony vaio vgn-fz410e

A:upraged to windows 7 now webcam wont work

Would need to get the driver from Sony if t is built in otherwise the manufacture of the webcam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/93572-upraged-windows-7-now-webcam-wont-work.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a cf52 Toughbook I upgraded to windows 10 and now my sd cards all stop working any suggestions on how to fix this problem with out going back to windows 7

A:windows 10 upgrade now sd cards wont work

how does the SD not work
are they NOT seen
You would need to install the memory card reader driver for the PC
But i cannot see any drivers for windows 10 for that model
http://www.panasonic.com/business/iframes/toughbook-computer-support-search-downloads.asp

so its not been tested for W10 and may not work correctly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-upgrade-now-sd-cards-wont-work.1168976/
Relevancy 49.45%

Just got done updating windows and now my sound just quit. any help?

A:Updated Windows, Sound Wont Work

Hi Ninja117 and welcome to TSF !

Try reinstalling your audio drivers.

What kind of update did you do ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updated-windows-sound-wont-work-182059.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have recently purchased a computer that runs windows vista. I was really happy with it but I downloaded Sims 2 onto the computer and I thought it was fine. But when i tryed to play the game, the floor and the walls on my Sims house was distorted. Can somebody tell me what I can do to fix this problem because im upset I cant play the game

Please reply or email me on [email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-wont-work-on-my-windows-vista.615429/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have tried every codec but windows media player 11 wont work. Every thing else to do with sound driver works. What else can I do?

A:windows media player 11 wont work

Use vlc player it will work with near enough any video file VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!
or if your set on using media player try this How to Reset a Windows Media Player 11 | eHow.com
with this Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 9.3.0 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 9.3.0 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 9.3.0 BASIC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-11-wont-work-668648.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi guys im having problems playing movies. they play for about 30 mins then a messege pops up saying windows media has encountered a problem and needs to close. ive tried scanning my pc for viruses, but its clear. the same thing happens with other movie players. when i re-format my hard drive and reload windows xp and my other programs the movie players work fine for a couple of days. it seems like the more i use them the more they play up. sometimes when i try to go to full screen mode the picture goes black but i can still here whats going on. when this happens i have to restart the pc before i can veiw the movie again. any ideas?

A:windows media player wont work

When that message pops up is there an option for help or web help? If you click on either help it will give you an error code. Could you post that code here?
Also please post your version of WMP (help/about media player).
Are you up-to-date on your microsoft updates?
Is it any video or sound file? Could you post the extensions which are having problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-work.260847/
Relevancy 49.45%

OMG... im using my daughters xp netbook... I had a problem with games now working windows 7, please see previuos thread.... now I cant even get on tech guy website... the site loads up, then as soon as I click on tab to dire3ct me to this forum, a box poppes up and says internet explorer has stopped working.... it previously did the same thing, when I tried play mafia wars, farmville... on facebook, and also when trying to reserve items from argos co.uk... it would let me browse no problem, but as soon as I tried to reserve something it stopped working.... I clicked on the troubleshooter that said it coyuld be an add on.... but im useless with technical problems, now im in big BIG TROUBLE.... please help.... I cant copy anything from my pc as it wont let me on tech guy no more...?????... desperetly awaing help....Caz

A:tech guy wont work now windows 7 same error

The exact message box reads" INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING..

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tech-guy-wont-work-now-windows-7-same-error.926695/
Relevancy 49.45%

What do I do to get my camera to work on my computer its new and only has Vista, my old camera needs windows 98 to run how do I do this???

A:Camera wont work in windows vista, needs 98...

whats the make and model of the camera
you should be able to get a driver, if the camera manufacturers have made one for vista - off there website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/camera-wont-work-in-windows-vista-needs-98.568297/
Relevancy 49.45%

,as usual it is raining in the lake district,so what*
i have wins.xp /aol.9.0 and installer wont work ,will you help,

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a problem where I cannot log onto MSN on my computer and also I can not use Windows Media to view MPEG files! I dunno whether I have a virus or something?

A:Windows Media And Msn Messenger Wont Work On My Pc!

Have you ade any software changes to your computer? Insatlled a firewall antivirus, antispyware or cleaning utility?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44858/windows-media-and-msn-messenger-wont-work-on-my-pc/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi i am new and fronm cumbria uk ,as usual it is raining in the lake district,so what*
i have wins.xp /aol.9.0 and installer wont work ,will you help, my email is [email protected]

A:Solved: windows installer wont work

Hi and welcome.

Please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/501102-windows-installer-wont-work.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-wont-work.501115/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I recently updated my Windows 8 to Windows 10. I also downloaded the new driver ( Just really not sure if this driver is for Windows 10). And now my printer cannot be detected by my Laptop. Pls Help Thanks

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP deskjet 1015 wont work on windows 10

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer and optional software.File name: DJ1010_188.exe Alternately, The HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.File name: HPPIW.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-deskjet-1015-wont-work-on-windows-10/td-p/5206179
Relevancy 49.45%

hello my windows media player wont work i wanted to put songs on my mp3 player and everytime a message comes up and says needs to close sending error report and media player goes off i have tryed everything but with no luck can you help please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-wont-work-451843.html
Relevancy 49.45%

It happen about 2 days ago everything was working fine ....

now there are some sound event on windows xp that just wont work.. like when i boot or shutdown the system theres no sound and when i empty the bin theres no sound too

i ve check in the settings and i know where to change sounds event but i just try to listen the sound that ive put and it work but when the event happen theres nothing and the most weird thing that happen is with msn messenger... when a new contact is login the sound i heard is from my computer ...(you know the little beep you heard when booting that said everythings ok) plz help me i really dont know what to do ....

A:Windows xp sound event wont work

I am having this exact problem as well. Anyone have any ideas? It only occurs with windows sound events only. All the other sounds generated by applications and games sound fine.

I created another user profile and the other profiles system sound events work just fine. Only my main system profile's sound events are not working.

Latest patched (windows update) version of XP running on a AMD ASUS a7v combo with 256m ram and SB Live 5.1 sound.

One day it was working and the next it was not. Of course I installed a couple programs which I am sure messed it up. Un-installing them did not help. Seems to be isolated in the user profile somewhere.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-sound-event-wont-work.98528/
Relevancy 49.45%

First thing that happened was that Internet Explorer stopped working It acts like it wants to go to my home page and Malware Windows Update wont work + IE and then locks up Luckily I had firefox to get back online Tried windows update by the button in control panel and also just accessing the page from Google and it wont load at all I have spybot adaware malwarebytes superantispyware Windows Update and IE wont work + Malware and avg and I can t get any of them to update It just gives me an error Found one registry change with the spybot scan but other than that I haven t been able to find anything Also I ve been getting the fake Anti virus pop ups as well as my pages just going to various real estate sites and even random you tube videos from time to time Heres my hijack log Thanks to anyone that can help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin ASKUpgrade exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - A BA A - F - BD-F - B A C - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar del icio us - FE A - C- - F-C BC CB - C Program Files del icio us Internet Explorer Buttons dlcsIE dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run VAIO Update quot C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe quot StationaryO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWS system Macromed Flash NPSWF FlashU... Read more

A:Windows Update and IE wont work + Malware

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305128/windows-update-and-ie-wont-work-malware/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was reciently trying to reformat my computer and once i got to thr Welome to Setup area my keyboard suddenly stops works yes the ps/2 is the retangular one and this is a microsoft keyboard with Fingerprint Reader anyone have a suggestion?!

A:Windows xp welcome to setup keyboard wont work!!

Please do post 2 threads on the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...rk-265935.html

Thread closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-welcome-to-setup-keyboard-wont-work-265909.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Well. Sometimes (mostly) My 'Turn off computer, restart, hibernate, restart' buttons wont work. They dont react. Then i have to go sleep mode, and go back to my desktop again, and after that suddenly it does what i clicked on erlier.

Also after a while my webbrowser suddenly stops working. They wont browse a site. They just keep loading and loading but i'm still connected to the WWW and Upload/Download traffic is still running. Signal strenght is also very good.

OH! This didnt happen from the beginning. recently happened (1 month).

One more thing. The button fail also happens when my browser fails

A:Windows on/off, hibernate and restart wont work and...

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-on-off-hibernate-and-restart-wont-work-and.922037/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am a moron ..I am new to computer world...I dont know why but when I click an email link on a site and the outlook express box opens I fill the email and click send .within seconds a box opens and says o of 1 message trying to be sent.and then every minute another box opens and say's wait or stop...60 more seconds what do I need to do to get it working again..

Relevancy 49.45%

My windows media player now says no matter what song Media Wont work Windows Player I try to play that an error has occured and to send error report It did this before so I COMPLETELY reformated my hard drive and reinstalled everything It worked beautifully now all of sudden it doesn't I can't find the trigger so I decided it might be a virus or something Here is the HiJack this log see if anything pops out to you I couldn't find it - I do know I have had some issues with the sound card Audigy and this motherboard with installing the drivers But I have opened songs and played other files with different media players Windows Media Player Wont work and it works Windows Media Player Wont work fine PLEASE help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer Windows Media Player Wont work EXEC Program Files Creative DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS system E S RP EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS system SAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Aware exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS system WBEM WMIADAP EXEC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - HKLM Run MsmqIntCert regsvr s mqrt dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXEO - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Program Files Creative DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE quot O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeO - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLLO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send ... Read more

A:Windows Media Player Wont work

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182842/windows-media-player-wont-work/
Relevancy 49.45%

I dont know how it happened. I was listening to some music on it, when my computer suddenly froze for an unknown reason. When i restarted my computer, i found that my media player didnt work anymore. i click on it and it pops up, but nothing appears in the main menu thingy. then, i hear a 4-click sound coming from my cpu. when i try to click out of the program, it takes forever, then says "program not responding, etc.". I click "End Now" and wait several minutes for it to close. While this is happening, all my other programs work with ease, while windows media player does nothing but wait to close.

it does this every time i open it! please help me fix it!

Relevancy 49.45%

my windows media player wont work any more i have windows xp and i try to play music and it wont open up it makes a beep sound like there is a problem but no message and it wont open.... the music i have witch i wont go into becuase of the strict rules about it on tech guy support. i have my own folder with music and i click one becuase it wont let me open thru the media player and it does the same thing the same beeping sound. please help!!!!!!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there,I have just downloaded the update for windows 10I have an intricate workbook with a number of formulas and macrosThe workbook does not know work as it has done since the download, errors in the vba's keep appearingI still have a copy of the workbook on an old laptop with windows 7 and still works fineAny ideas

A:windows 10 download wont let macros work

1. Did the program (is it Microsoft Office Excel and if so which version?) ever work on Windows 10 before you downloaded the update? 2. Did you visit Windows 10 Compatibility Center to find out what will and will not work before you upgraded to Windows 10?i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 Usermessage edited by XpUser

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-download-wont-let-macros-work/83.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok heres the deal:

I decided to watch a small video clip on the internet. I went to the website, clicked on the clip and Windows media player started. After a few minutes, an error message popped up saying "error downloading codec". I searched the website and found that this video was encoded using Divx. I went to the website(www.divx.com) and downloaded the codec and the divx player. After the installation, I cant open Windows Media player, I double click on the menu icon and the desktop icon and nothing happens. The computer does not freeze, but WMP wont open . I'm using WMP 10 and Windows XP/
Do I have to reinstall WMP, or is there an easy way out?

Help!

Thanks

A:Windows media player wont work..help!!

I would just uninstall and reinstall WMP and see if that works. Try downloading WMP 10 straight from Microsoft for the reinstall. Just in case your downloas for WMP 10 got corrupted. Shouldn't take too long.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-work-help.332892/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm Stumped.
I plugged the flash drive into the old machine, and popped up with the normal "install new hardware" crap. IT said no drivers available, and wouldnt work at all.

Would there be any loopholes around this? Do I need a certain program? or do I need an outdated Flash Drive??

HELPP!

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a microsoft Lumia 550 with windows 10. Skype doesnt work on it, Messenger works in a limited fashion. If I want to call people on Skype or Messenger I have to use my work Samsung! Not funny!
Skype preview(?) wont download from the store. On messenger the phone icon is NEVER active so I cant call people, only message them.But everything works really well on my android phone. And it worked well on my old Lumia with 8.1.
Help!!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442490-why-wont-skype-messenger-work-windows-10-phone.html