Windows Support Forum

can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

Q: can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

I recently added an admin user to my comp. and the problem is that now when i reboot i have to either select admin or myself. i do a lot of remoting to my comp when im away and if i need to reboot im gonna be stuck because the comp will not automatically reload my profile. If there is no way to do this, how can i delete a user from the comp. Ill just get rid of the admin user.
Thanks in advance,

VC

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

If I am understanding you correctly, I think this will help:

From an Administrator account, click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2. Remove the check mark from Users must enter a username and password and click Apply. Follow the prompts.

See if that helps. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-windows-automatically-load-a-certain-user-without-the-screen-to-select-a-user.160801/
Relevancy 96.41%

Earlier today I turned on my Toshiba laptop Satellite P -S and got some sort of error screen and then it brought me to a screen asking if I wanted to do a system repair or start windows normally I chose system repair but then it seemed to get stuck in that process It was taking forever and nothing was happening so I turned off the laptop I know big no no booted in safe mode and did a system restore to a restore point from about a week ago The quot starting Windows quot screen came and went no problem Everything seemed fine till I got to the User Selection screen the default blue one with the little hummingbird or whatever Then it just sat there on that screen I could see the hummingbird and the little squiggly lines but there were no buttons to click my user I just let it sit there and after about minutes the user names popped up and Windows takes the screen 7 user forever load select user/switch to I was able to continue using the computer without any problems no other speed Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen issues whatsoever It now makes me wait every time always about Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen minutes before the user names pop up It does this when I restart the machine and when I try to switch users It is a Pentium Core i Ghz GB RAM Windows Home Premium bit Let me know if you need any other specs Any ideas Thanks Tim

A:Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

The steps begin with disinfection from Safe Mode or boot disk, since if Win7 is badly infected it may not repair until cleaned up. Then everything possible to start it is sequenced.

I would also do the hardware tests provided before rescuiing the data to run Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274499-windows-7-takes-forever-load-select-user-switch-user-screen.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi,
A friend's computer has a problem and I still haven't found the solution.
My friend owns his computer for a few months...
Configuration: Pentium 4 HT - 2.5 Ghz (i guess) 512 Mo.

His computer boots normally till the welcome screen appears. Whatever the user we click on, the computer freeses. We first thought that we needed to wait a while, but after 1 hour we understood that something went wrong.

I managed to start a session on his computer using the safe mode. I made a fast Virus scan, and found some nice trojans... I removed them but the problem is still there.

If someone knows a solution... feel free to help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-hangs-on-welcome-screen-when-i-select-a-user.266382/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi,
A friend's computer has a problem and I still haven't found the solution.
My friend owns his computer for a few months...
Configuration: Pentium 4 HT - 2.5 Ghz (i guess) 512 Mo.

His computer boots normally till the welcome screen appears. Whatever the user we click on, the computer freeses. We first thought that we needed to wait a while, but after 1 hour we understood that something went wrong.

I managed to start a session on his computer using the safe mode. I made a fast Virus scan, and found some nice trojans... I removed them but the problem is still there.

If someone knows a solution... feel free to help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-hangs-on-welcome-screen-when-i-select-a-user.266382/
Relevancy 91.16%

When you enter the login screen, one of the user account options is pre-highlighted so that if you simply press "enter" instead of selecting one with the mouse or arrow keys, it'll attempt to log you into that account. I've the need recently to create a standard user account, which for some incredibly frustrating reason is always pre-selected instead of my administrator account (the one I use). I have no idea how to change this so that the administrator account is the one pre-selected.

Yea this is a stupid thing to complain about. But I've gotten used to logging in one way, and it's super annoying every time I forget and try the old way. Especially if I'm not in the best state of mind lol.

Oh, and for some reason creating a Guest account doesn't do this. Admin keeps priority. But Standard users are evidently more important than the admin >.>

A:Changing the automatically selected user account on login screen - Windows 7

Does my description of the problem not make sense, or is there just not a solution?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changing-the-automatically-selected-user-account-on-login-screen-windows-7-a-652634.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have to select a user upon startup of Windows instead of have just being prompted for a password as per usual of having one user. Same deal when locking. Any ideas?

A:Have to select user upon startup, and after locking. Single User

Hello KillerHonky, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have to select a user's icon at the log on screen, then what other user's icon is displayed to select from if you only have a single user account on the computer?

....or do you mean that you have to enter both the user name and password at log on instead of just the password?

You could use the tutorial below to set Windows 7 to automatically log on to a user account at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194713-have-select-user-upon-startup-after-locking-single-user.html
Relevancy 89.87%

When I power up, computer goes directly to Windows 8 start screen and auto loads my personal settings. I need a "welcome" screen allowing selection of user. My spouse now has to right click on "me" and then select other user. How can I correct this? I apparently selected myself as Admin user instead of standard user. Is there a way to prevent auto logon?

A:Need welcome screen and ability to select user?

Hello Fraz, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You can use OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to always have all users displayed in the sign in screen instead of the last user that signed out.

Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/27014-need-welcome-screen-ability-select-user.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I'm very sorry I can't be more descriptive than this, but my friend's dell laptop with windows XP gets stuck at the user select screen (the one with the dark blue borders and light blue in between them). The screen shows up, and it will say Windows XP, but it never brings up the users to choose from.

I don't know too much about his computer, but he said that after he had shut it down, he brought it back on and the screen that checks for errors in your system came up. He let it check and he said it deleted something. If it were me I would have written more stuff down, but this is all he could tell me.

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it so much. Reply with any extra information I need to give and I'll try to find out.

Relevancy 89.87%

Hey sorry if i posted this in the wrong section but this one looked like the right one Recently i had a trojan that totaly screwed up my computer it would play sound clips at random moments and everytime i googled something it would take me to phishing sites So i downloaded trojan remover and ran that it got rid of something for me but Login When screen Cant select to User get it stopped and asked me what to do to userinit exe It said that file is suspecous so i choose it recommended advice and just renamed it The trojan didnt go away so i ran it again in safe mode and this time with trojan remover i clicked delete I then realized it was a system file and now i cant log in it takes me to the user select screen i pick any user and then he screen goes black and a window pops up saying an unathorized change has been made to windows learn more online or close So now i dont know what to do P S Now it doesnt let me go to safe mode i dont have that option anymore What i tried so far Put in vista cd boot from optical drive and tried to run system restore and i keep on getting catastrphical errortried scanning the file in the command promptNow im downloading ubuntu and gonna boot from that disk and while im in ubuntu im gonna try to copy the userinit exe file from my fash he hard drive Thats my last attempt So basicly i am asking Cant Login When get to User select screen how to resolve my issue with the not being allowed to log in I really would not like to reinstall vista but it looks like a possibility now All advice is welcomed Thanks alot Atomic

A:Cant Login When get to User select screen

Well since i didn't get any replies i've decided to reinstall windows. My last attempt was using unubuntu trying to cope a friends userinit.exe file into my system32 file. But no such luck. I'am starting to think that the problem was not with userinit.exe W/e just wanted to let you guys know.

~Atomic

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215138-cant-login-when-get-user-select-screen.html
Relevancy 89.87%

when i turn on my computer and it gets to the welcome page user select screen on xp ver sp a dialog box pops up there is nothing in this dialog box but a yes button and a no dialog screen box user select button and the close button in the upper right is inactive if i click yes or no it just brings me right user select screen dialog box back to the user select screen it will not load explorer or let me into windows at all the dialog box also has a big red circle with an x in it if that is any help it will boot into safe mode and safe mode with command prompt but not with networkin support I disabled everything in the network controllers and that didn t help I have nic s one is onboard the other is not the one that is not cannot be uninstalled for some reason is there a way to manually uninstall it from safe mode could that even be my problem any help on this matter would be great Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-select-screen-dialog-box.536058/
Relevancy 89.87%

Last night, my PC froze sometime in the last stage of installing Norton Antivirus (after hitting the "Finish" button). There was no activity on the HDD for a while so I reset the PC. When it re-booted, it took a while to move from the blue user select screen to the desktop, and when it did, it loaded the background image and no icons. After both hard and soft re-boots, now it hangs after selecting a user ("loading program settings...").

Is there some way to into Windows through some back door so I can maybe run a Scandisk or Spybot or something. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

A:Lockup at XP User Select Screen...

When in the User Menu Select screen try pressing SHIFT button when loading, could help, if it doesnt sorry but i dont know anything else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lockup-at-xp-user-select-screen.193176/
Relevancy 89.01%

..hi! I can't change the background in select user screen and password screen..is there any way to do it?.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/45418-how-do-i-change-background-select-user-screen.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Alright so this is somewhat of a trivial problem but things like this just bug me It bugs Login/User Messenger. Screen Select MSN + Xp me even more that Xp Login/User Select Screen + MSN Messenger. i cant figure out what to do Xp Login/User Select Screen + MSN Messenger. http img imageshack us img titled mm jpg When ever i log on it says i have all these unread messeges but im pretty sure its from one of my friends checking his email getting on MSN messenger on my computer since none of my emails have that many messeges and when i sent myself an email the total count went from to then i deleted that messege and it went back to Now i know this is related to MSN Messenger since it has the email checking feature Normally there might be or unread messeges from my inbox but they'll go away after i have read them So im wondering if i get my friend to log onto his email and delete everything will it go away Would he have to do it on my computer or could he do it on his It just really bugs me that i see all those messeges there whenever i go to logon So thank you for any help

A:Xp Login/User Select Screen + MSN Messenger.

Hi there....

It would probably be easier in the long run to disable the feature. To do this please follow these instructions:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
regedit
- Click OK
- Locate and right click the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
- Select to create a new DWORD value and name it:
MessageExpiryDays
- Give it a value of 0
- If you expand the UnreadMail key, you will see the email accounts your PC is used to connect to. Highlighting them will reveal the account the 'unread mails' are attached to by reading the 'MessageCount' value...you can simply double click it and make it 0 if required
- Close regedit
- Reboot, problem should now be gone.

Let me know if that helps or not :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-login-user-select-screen-msn-messenger-102729.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on this system.

MSI 785GM-E65 motherboard
AMD Athlon X2 255 cpu
4 gig memory
2 WD 320 Gb HD in RAID0

Every time either shift key is pressed, the system logs out to the user select screen. Please help soon. THIS is wife's computer and she will be back from out of town trip and she will want the computer as soon as she gets home.

I will be in DEEP doo doo if she can't use it. LOL

A:shift key logs off to user select screen

See if Windows system restore helps - choose a restore point before your wife left on her trip -
START | type rstrui

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/shift-key-logs-off-to-user-select-screen-587436.html
Relevancy 89.01%

vista freezes at select user screen.

but safe mode works fine. mouse works fine in safe mode.

how do i fix this, please?

Thanks.

A:vista freezes at select user screen

Hello dreamweaver2010, welcome to Vista Forums!

Have you installed anything recently that may be causing the issue, that can be removed in safe mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279695-vista-freezes-select-user-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm the only person who uses my PC. It runs XP and I only have 1 user account. Because another program said it needed it to run, I recently downloaded the .NET 1.1 from Microsoft. Ever since I've had to confirm muy user account during bootup, wheras before it went straight through. Is there any way to disable the 'choose which user account you want' screen?

A:Windows asks me to select user account at start.

In Control Panel > User Accounts make sure you have checked "use the welcome screen" under the way user's log on and off.

If no luck there run

control userpasswords2 and UNcheck "users must use a password".

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-asks-me-to-select-user-account-at-start.549384/
Relevancy 79.98%

I posted this before in another thread not will load XP virus. to screen, suspect user and they suggested to post here due to the fact that it might be a virus because I had not done anything recently to any hardware or software Hi there new user I've always browsed these forums for help but I could not really find anything that could help me right now There are similar threads but I think my problem is different I hope someone can help me out or at least give me a small thread of hope before I go and reformat everything on my computer So the problem is that I was running Bitcomet XP will not load to user screen, suspect virus. downloading a torrent I also had iTunes AIM and Firefox running at the same time I have about gbs of RAM on my computer So anyways I left my computer on with the programs running when I stepped away for an hour usually this does not pose a problem to me I came back and my internet was not working and my bitcomet was frozen so was my AIM I tried to open Task Manager but I could not no matter how many times I tried I even tried to right click gt close but that did not work either So I could not close any of the programs bitcomet and AIM were frozen so I just tried to restart my computer It was incredibly slow so I just held the power button until it shut off then I proceeded to reboot and when I rebooted it showed my Sony Vaio screen then it showed the Windows XP screen with the loading blue bar under after that the screen just turned black and I could not get to my screen that had the user accounts on it So i tried again and I did a system restore after getting into safe mode and it did not work So here I am in safe mode because I can not get into windows normally even if I used the quot last configuration quot setting So many of the programs running in the log are the basic ones usually I have more when I load my computer regularily I just did the HijackThis log I am updated with SP for Windows and I have anti-spyware installed Spybot and Ad-aware I did a scan with the latter and all it found were tracking cookies which I deleted Using PandaScan was a bit of a hassle since I was really short on time and I had it on all day and it was only so I had no choice but to shut it off I am sorry I had skipped some steps or might have done some things wrong I am very pressed for time because this is my mother's computer and she needs it desperately for her job so I have to try to get this fixed as soon as possible and if not then reformat Thank you so much everyone Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - H... Read more

Relevancy 79.55%

I have Windows with the normal administrator id setup as well as one other I logged in today and noticed I had no background which tipped me off I tried my email program and it was asked me to set it all up I then went into mydocuments and it was empty So if I go into my drive and look at Documents and Setting I normally only had Administrator AllUsers and my other ID motopsycho Now I have the following Administrator Administrator Chris Administrator Chris AllUsers AllUsers WinNT motopsycho Now if I go into just the regular Administrator I can see all MyDocuments MyFavorites etc but I seem to be booting up with the Administrator Chris I have a Seagate GB drive which is my master and it is partitioned into drives GB GB and whatever is Automatically created Windows User new left over for the rd The windows is installed on the second partition leaving everything else empty I do have a WD GB slave drive that had windows installed but I can t get it booted anymore so I just use it to pull off Windows created new User Automatically my old files whenever Windows created new User Automatically I need to I have tried unplugging this drive and disabling but still the same effect on logon Any help would be great Thanks Chris nbsp

A:Windows created new User Automatically

Anybody have any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-created-new-user-automatically.693397/
Relevancy 79.12%

We have a single domain environment with Windows 7 64bit clients. Some of our users have to "CLICK INTO THE PASSWORD FIELD" after they hit ctrl-alt-delete when they login.

Is there a way to save users the step of having to click into the Password Field before they enter their password?

(The devil's in the details.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Windows 7 Domain Login Screen - Automatically Select Password Field

Hitting the tab key also switches to the password field.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329943-windows-7-domain-login-screen-automatically-select-password-field.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Fresh install of XP, I deleted the main user just so I could use another name. Well I restart and now everytime I get an error message saying that the password is incorrect, I press accept, then it shows me the blue logn screen where I can choose the other account.

Where can I make Windows not try to automatically load the previous user, and automatically load the new one?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Windows XP tries to automatically log in into non-existent user

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-tries-to-automatically-log-in-into-non-existent-user.800494/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a windows 7 that sometimes logon the user automatically. I checked the registry and also the settings that require the user to: Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box (is checked). the computer is win 7 pro 64 and the user is in the admin group.

is this a spyware or security problem?

Thank you

A:Windows 7 sometimes logon the user automatically - Spyware

Hello FM, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Does the user have a password created for it?

Password Hint - Create, Change, and Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325636-windows-7-sometimes-logon-user-automatically-spyware.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I need help badly! While working with NeonFx in the "Malware, Trojan, Virus" Forums. The OTS.exe tool deleted key vista files. I am unable to boot up normally! I am writing this request for help after booting up in safe mode. All of my vista settings are either gone or serverely imparied! I need help restoring my vista settings, user profile, recovering files, drivers, applications, etc. I have attached NeonFx's last post describing how my machine got to this state. Someone please help ASAP!

A:Vista - Failed to open by the service user profile. Unable to load user profile

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-failed-to-open-by-the-service-user-profile-unable-to-load-user-profile.882933/
Relevancy 77.83%

I've been running my laptop without a logon password for the last user reverts to automatically 'Standard' Windows type couple years as it was mostly a home computer However I recently entered a situation Windows automatically reverts user type to 'Standard' where a logon password is needed to keep at least the slightly computer illiterate from accessing my computer I've set passwords before easy stuff so I go to User accounts Windows automatically reverts user type to 'Standard' entered my password twice and figured all was Windows automatically reverts user type to 'Standard' good to go I log on with my shiny new password everything running great and then I go to start up Defraggler Little message box pops up quot You must have Administrator privileges to run Defraggler quot quot Huh that's odd I'm sure I logged on as myself as the Guest account is de-activated and the hidden Administrator account is still hidden quot I think to myself Hit OK go to User Account Type quot Huh weird it's changed itself to Standard No big deal I just click this little radio button and I'm good to go quot Nope I hit Save Changes check and the text next to my account avatar says quot Guest account quot Odd try again no luck So now I'm in trouble Have tried everything I can think of with no positive results UAC is completely turned off I'm very careful with what I run and internet is well filtered Also when I first got the computer I set it to log on automatically to my account at boot could this be affecting it somehow I desperately need to get a printer installed blocks that and some maintenance type stuff done so this is a bit of a downer 'net user' dump below Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt net user User accounts for USER-PC ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Administrator Guest user The command completed successfully C Users user gt Code C Users user gt net user Administrator User name Administrator Full Name Comment Built-in account for administering the computer domain ain User's comment Country code System Default Account active No Account expires Never Password last set -Jul- Password expires Never Password changeable -Jul- Password required Yes User may change password Yes Workstations allowed All Logon script User profile Home directory Last logon -Mar- Logon hours allowed All Local Group Memberships Administrators Global Group memberships None The command completed successfully Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt net user Guest User name Guest Full Name Comment Built-in account for guest access to the computer domain omain User's comment Country code System Default Account active No Account expires Never Password last set -Aug- Password expires Never Password changeable -Aug- Password required No User may change password No Workstations allowed All Logon script User profile Home directory Last logon Never Logon hours allowed All Local Group Memberships Guests Global Group memberships None The command completed successfully Code C Users user gt net user user User name user Full Name Comment User's comment Country code System Default Account active Yes Account expires Never Password last set -Aug- Password expires Never Password changeable -Aug- Password required No User may change password Yes Workstations allowed All Logon script User profile Home directory Last logon -Aug- Logon hours allowed All Local Group Memberships HelpLibraryUpdaters Global Group memberships None The command completed successfully No matter how many times I change the account type to Administrator always goes back to this Permissions message

A:Windows automatically reverts user type to 'Standard'

NXTreme welcome to SevenForums

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 <===== Download Link

Drag the FRST64.exe from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Right click on FRST64.exe and choose

When the tool opens click Yes on the disclaimer window .

Press Scan button.

FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file

Note
The first time Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is run, it makes also another log Addition.txt

Please upload both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

FRST.txt and Addition.txt will be on the Desktop

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/302070-windows-automatically-reverts-user-type-standard.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, when I sign on to my computer, then click my user, it won't load. There is just a black screen with the cursor. I've tried using ctrl+shift+escape and typing explorer.exe, but the task manager immediately has an error and closes. I think the problem with this is that all the files with an .exe close within a few seconds after opening.

I CAN use the computer with the administrative user. I can access my files and transfer them over to my admin account. The problem with this is that all my preferences and settings from my user are gone.

Does anyone have an idea on how I might fix this my corrupt user account?
Thanks,
Brad

A:Main user won't load. Just a black screen. All programs close immediately

Welcome to TSG hirowhite. Go to the link and follow the steps there.

Fix a corrupted user profile

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/main-user-wont-load-just-a-black-screen-all-programs-close-immediately.1143996/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, when I sign on to my computer, then click my user, it won't load. There is just a black screen with the cursor. I've tried using ctrl+shift+escape and typing explorer.exe, but the task manager immediately has an error and closes. I think the problem with this is that all the files with an .exe close within a few seconds after opening.

I CAN use the computer with the administrative user. I can access my files and transfer them over to my admin account. The problem with this is that all my preferences and settings (particularly my firefox bookmarks and settings) are gone.

Does anyone have an idea on how I might fix this?

Thanks,
Brad

A:Main user account won't load. Just a black screen. All programs close.

Try a system restore to a date just before the problem started.

Start menu All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568704/main-user-account-wont-load-just-a-black-screen-all-programs-close/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey,

Am having a problem in safe mode and in normal bootup that when i login to danny account i get blue screen of death, but on my account its ok and starts up ok.

Have tried to stop everything in my account in msconfig and then login to danny but does not work.

Any idea?

Thank you

A:Solved: Blue screen one user user account

Sounds like its corrupted
try this from safe mode tap F8 a few times

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile in Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-one-user-user-account.828946/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop a [SOLVED] profile.... creating user tempory XP automatically Windows a -s its a few years old Until recently it has been a good computer While working on it lastnight [SOLVED] Windows XP automatically creating a tempory user profile.... it froze I was unable to do anything except move the mouse However the keyboard functions would not work I shut the computer down by holding the power button until it cut off After a few seconds I rebooted the computer a message appeared with the following error quot Windows is unable to log in to your your profile at this time quot some dots followed this and the next message says quot windows is creating a temporary profile [SOLVED] Windows XP automatically creating a tempory user profile.... any changes to this profile will not be saved quot The quot temporary quot profile is just like a new computer or a computer that has been set back to factory settings I can't access any of my doc's pic's email etc from this profile How do I get my permanent profile back Or how do I get the computer to boot up and allow me to log on to my profile Any help or advice is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP automatically creating a tempory user profile....

try going into safe mode while booting up what I do is I hit f8 over and over till I get the options screen to boot into safe mode with networking see if that will get you into your old profile

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-automatically-creating-a-tempory-user-profile-371344.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have Windows Home premium OS on my gateway laptop which has password automatically enters account Windows Virus user that only one user account and on turning on laptop that user password gets entered Automatically which Virus that enters Windows user account password automatically is unexpected and its very long Then i have to hit enter which shows Wrong password message and then it allows me to enter my password then entering this time my password windows get started one week before my PC got infected with few viruses and one of that was not letting me to type certain keys so I Virus that enters Windows user account password automatically reinstalled windows from scratch on my Gateway laptop with factory default settings to wipe out everything Now I can use my Keyboard at full extent But on starting the PC still it shows me that problem of unexpected password gets entered for user account and its very long to the limit of password length I tried Norton antivirus amp MalwareBytes premium trial versions did full scan but it shows my system has no virus malware Please advise

A:Virus that enters Windows user account password automatically

Hi welcome to 7F

sounds to me you might have a stuck key on keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/352708-virus-enters-windows-user-account-password-automatically.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have acquired a window which asks me if I want to save the passwords and other data, and now, when I go into the browser and need a password, this screen "select user" comes up.

Annoying, but also if I have typed a wrong address in there, it wont let me delete it - or is there a way, does anyone know?

I may have acquired this program when I downloaded Mozilla and SealMonkey.

Regards
Judy

A:"Select User" screen

Oooops - wrong forum, can someone please move it for me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/select-user-screen.562774/
Relevancy 76.11%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi All,

My friend in running XP and has an interesting problem. When she boots up, the system runs through the normal XP blah,blah. When it reaches the log-on screen (which never popped up for her before) there is no users to select from. In order to get into her system you need to press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice, then you get into her user account. I tried to access her account via the User Control Panel, but I got an error message that stated "invalid user" or something along those lines. Any help would be appreciated.

A:XP - no user to select at log-on

Can you post the exact error message?

Is she running XP Home?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-no-user-to-select-at-log-on.150123/
Relevancy 76.11%

I've searched for about a week now and have not found a solution. I followed the suggestions about the corrupt Profile and the .BAK SID, but neither are my situation.

My SID is fine - I did manage to find a temporary fix. If I delete and recreate the user in Active Directory on the server it fixes the problem. The problem is, I have 300 computers and every morning there are at least 10 - 15 users I must do this to. Not an ideal solution.

We bypassed Vista, so we had no idea that this Microsoft bug existed until last week.

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be load

Hello ! Welcome to SF !

Check this article from Microsoft run the Fixit and see if that help Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile&#58; &#34;The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded&#34;

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103765-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi

On my daughters W7 x86 PC the above message is happening when she tries to logon, the PC was set up with two users, I do noyt know if the other user can logon as she is away and we do not know the password.

What can I do to fix this error, all the fixes I can find require the user to logon, which is not happening.

Any ideas on how I can proceed.

Thanks

Daniel

Hello Daniel, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help with fixing this error. The "In Preparation" section at the top will help to get logged into an administrator account to be able to do the rest of the tutorial. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310351-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, at windows start i get the message "The User Profile Service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded". There was no known activity last time system was up and running and it was shut down normal.

The desctop(HP) was delivered some years ago with V7 installed, ONE personal userID with admin auth. was created. Then a System repair disc was created.

What is the safest and simplest way(if any) to fix this problem and maintain the user data?(I did see support strings about this problem but they seem very complicated and confusing to me)

1. Shoud I restart system some functional key to get into safe mode or use the System repair disc and then what option?

2. Should I then logon to the default accountID(not known to me), and restore system to older backup point or shoud I try to repair the personal UserId?

Please advice

Hej Stene, v?lkommen till Seven Forums .

See this tutorial for fix: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334619-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have recently installed 8.1 on my desktop with 3 local user accounts (no Microsoft accounts) and no user passwords, and Guest account Off. I have bypassed the lock screen but whenever the computer is switched on or a user signs out, the OS loads the last user instead of going to the user select screen. Something that all Windows OSs have done from go to Win 7. I can back arrow which does display the user select screen.

Has anyone experienced this? Or more importantly, has anyone found a way to make it act like all previous Windows systems.

I would not be fussed if this was a single user computer.

Cheers.

A:Win 8.1 Only Loads Last User - Won't Display User Screen

Hello Karands, and welcome to Eight Forums.

When the last user that signs out does not have a password, it causes it to be automatically signed in to at startup.

You could create a password for all user accounts to stop this.

If you prefer not to have passwords, then Option One in the tutorial below would be another way to have all users show on the sign in screen by default.

Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53859-win-8-1-only-loads-last-user-wont-display-user-screen.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi. At the moment, when I start Windows 10, I have to sign in (without giving a password) to the last User that was signed in. In other words I don't have any options as to what User can sign in. But, when I start Windows 10, I want to be presented with a screen where I can see all the Users on my system. Then I want to be able to select which User to sign in. At the moment I'm having to log off to see this screen showing User options. Can I use secpol.msc? Thanks.

A:Sign In: Want to select a User Name

Hello Richard,

I'm afraid that you will need to have all accounts password protected for this.

If the last user is not password protected, then since it's selected at startup, it'll automatically get signed in to. A password will stop this.

Password - Add to Local Account in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29849-sign-want-select-user-name.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi All,

I have recently had to add a User Account to my system for my Sister. I would like to make my Admin Account the default so I don't have to first select it to get to the Password.

Is there any way I can have Vista scoot through to the Admin Password page as it did when there was only one Account?

When my Sister want's to use her Account which is about once a week, she can click the "Switch User" option, select her Account and then log into her Account.

Thanks

Relevancy 75.25%

I have Windows XP on a Dell Dimansion I can log in on my user profile without a problem Windows Solved: won't for load one user But Solved: Windows won't load for one user when my wife tries to log in on hers the wallpaper loads but nothing else No icons no toolbar nothing She said she tried a system restore When the computer rebooted after system restore she said she got an error message saying there was a corrupted file she didn t write down which file somewhere in the Settings and Documents folder I tried to recreate it going through system restore But when the computer rebooted and I logged on her user profile a system restore quot box quot came up but froze Still no icons and no toolbar I let it Solved: Windows won't load for one user sit an hour and it was still frozen Here is the HiJack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier G - gnotify exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files KODAK Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files KODAK KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C Documents and Settings Michael Buchanan My Documents Unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier G - gnotify exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files KODAK Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup KODAK Software Updater lnk C Program Files KODAK KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: Windows won't load for one user

Nothing unusual in the Scanlog, however for future reference these should be posted from Notepad with word wrap enabled -- to make them easier to read.

It just sounds like a corrupted User Profile, and there may be no choice but to create a new one.

If her account has Administrative rights, try logging into it in Safe Mode for a test.

You can try this, it's a recommended install as far as I'm concerned, whether it works for this or not:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

This may be helpful if a new User Account is necessary:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-wont-load-for-one-user.495725/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am having issues with my Gateway laptop that runs on xp, when i start it up i get a User Environment msg pop up that says "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." then it says it will load a temporary profile. so i cant access any of my documents, pictures etc. any idea of what to do to fix this issue, kinda bad timing with the amount of projects i need to get done for school b4 winter break ends.

A:Cant load my user profile on windows

Hi Rahuzery and welcome to TSF !

What was the last thing you did before this problem happened ?

Are you able to see your user folder in the c:\documents and settings\ folder ? See if you can access your documents using the administator account in safe mode : repeatedly press the F8 key when the computer starts and choose safe mode in the menu that will appear. Log as the administrator and leave the password field blank if you didn't set any.

If your files appear to be safe, rigt-click the c: drive => properties => tools => error-checking. Tick both boxes and restart the computer if needed. Report if it finds any errors on the drive.

Once your hard drive has been checked for errors see if starting normally allows you to access your user profile. If not then restart the computer, press F8 and choose "last known good config" in the menu that will appear. See how it goes.

If for some reason your user folder is not there then turn the computer off and refrain from using it anymore. You can recover most of your data as long as nothing overwrites it. Using another computer build the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. Boot your computer on this CD (set the boot order priority to CD-rom first in the BIOS) and use one of the recovery tools (free undelete for instance) to recover your data. Don't save the recovered files to the c: drive or it will overwrite the data you haven't recovered yet. Instead save it to another partition or preferably on an external USB drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-load-my-user-profile-on-windows-206126.html
Relevancy 75.25%

OK a few months ago I bought a laptop and after a couple weeks I got the Blue Screen of Death I had my father who is a computer network engineer re-install windows xp and things ran smoothly from there A couple weeks ago my husband accidently clicked run on a Malware virus and the Safety Center Profile" load User cannot "Windows the was downloaded onto our computer Thanks to Bleepingcomputer I got the download for the scan and removed it from my computer Yesterday I tried to Start up the laptop and got a pop-up that said quot Windows cannot load the user profile specified but has logged on with the default user quot Under that it says "Windows cannot load the User Profile" quot Insuffient system resources exist to complete requested service quot My father lives in another state and had been in the hospital and therefore cannot help my this time Does ANYBODY know what it wrong I can log in on Safety mode on "Windows cannot load the User Profile" both my profile and administrator I ran the malware scan and virus scan and cleaned up everything on computer I even tried a system restore and it said it was successful but I am still getting the error message and won t log me in Please help

A:"Windows cannot load the User Profile"

Along with all this now, I am recieving this message:

"A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer, Error Code 0x80070002."

This appears after I click ok to the first pop up of the User Profile and System Resources problem.

Then I get this:

"Value Creation Failed " at line 599"

Am I totally Scr*wed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267606/windows-cannot-load-the-user-profile/
Relevancy 75.25%

have a widows xp home
windows starts until loading user donot laod it and stays flikering and stops

A:windows xp is not starting load user

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools, or WD DataLifeGuardin my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-is-not-starting-load-user-656763.html
Relevancy 75.25%

When I turn on my computer I get a countdown that says Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry but the specified file is not in a registry user's load profile Windows cannot file format Thank you in advance I am not computer smart HiJack logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows cannot load user's profile Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Windows cannot load user's profile Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows cannot load user's profile Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO wit for ie - ED AF- DC - -A C- EF DD CA F - C Program Files ChameleonTom wit ie dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskT... Read more

A:Windows cannot load user's profile

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351400/windows-cannot-load-users-profile/
Relevancy 75.25%

I also got this problem efter my stupid mom turned off the PC just pulling out the cable...

Can I fix it somehow or is it windows reinstall?

Relevancy 75.25%

Five days ago I installed Verizon DSL As part of the software it ran Verizon Virus check and it said that it located files infected with a virus It could not disinfect them so it deleted them Unfortunately it deleted some of my Symantic files and I don t know what else When I tried to reboot the next time I got a message saying quot Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile quot I tried restoring to a point before the Verzion DSL but it would not restore After hours on the phone with Symantec they told me to uninstall Symantic and it would correct the problem This worked I no longer got the windows error message I tried unsuccessfully to reinstall Norton Anti-Virus but I kept getting error messages After many e-mails and many attempts I decided to give up on Norton I Windows the user's profile load cannot successfully downloaded Kaspersky anti-virus updated it and Windows cannot load the user's profile ran a scan When I rebooted I got the same windows message quot Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile quot I went to the control panel to uninstall Kaspersky but it gave me a message that I didn t have the necessary privileges In hindsight it could be due to the fact that I used a password when setting up the software I then restored to a point before I installed Kaspersky which worked but I am still getting the windows error message quot Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile quot How do I correct this so that I don t get the message anymore Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile.602150/
Relevancy 75.25%

I ran the RegCure program this morning and deleted some registry keys by accident and did not make a backup I restarted my computer and now I get this message quot windows cannot load user s prolie quot Also I cannot restore my computer to an earlier restoration date Help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system csrss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton prolie user's windows load cannot Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system PCTKRNT SYS C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT system wdfmgr exe C WINNT System alg exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C windows cannot load user's prolie WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program windows cannot load user's prolie Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type windows cannot load user's prolie exe C WINNT system hphmon exe C WINNT system SK DM EXE C WINNT GWMDMpi exe C WINNT GWMDMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C WINNT System HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C WINNT PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries helpctr exe C WINNT PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exe C WINNT PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpHost exe C Program Files PC-Doctor for Windows Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net comcast html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvMcTray... Read more

Relevancy 75.25%

When logging on it says unable to load user profile but the profile is there when I log into Administator account how do I get it to recognizemy account I normally use Everything was working fine untill I went to reboot my Dell Vosstro running Vista SP with all latest updates It went to startup repair and after awhile I was dirrected to restart the computer When it restarted it went to a temporary user profile named after the one it normally boots to except there was s and temp after the profile So the desktop icon were almost all gone and when you run a temp profile nothing is saved to it when you use it can Windows not load user profile I logged on the administator account and under C computer users was my account I normally use along with temp accounts One was Windows can not load user profile exactly like my normal account MountainMan Windows can not load user profile but with temp after it I went to Microsoft Answers and it said to go into regedit and find the profiles under machine software microsoft windows NT profiles and change the names of the accounts supposely so it wouldn t load up the Temp account I followed the directions to a T and it all went well except now it doesn t load the Temp file it just says windows was unable to load user profile I have to hit Control Alt Del to bring up Task Manager and type in Administator and password which works fine When Windows can not load user profile I clck on administrator it brings up the screen with everything on the computer MountainMan used to be there below administrator but is gone If I go down to users in a subcatigory under computer and users it lists all theaccounts I shouyld be able to access All the info is there it just doesn t seem to see it as a profle account to load up I always had it set up to start up on MountainMan account without a password Now it takes forever to load the administrator account It also has to be typed in everytime instead of remembering the accounts How can I get MountainMan to load again The info is there but doesn t seem to know the location anymore Even when I type in MountainMan it just says unable to load user profile I don t know if the typing in the account name is the same problem or if I have problems I would greatly appriciate any help to fix this situation jmount hotmail com

A:Windows can not load user profile

Typically...when a temporary profile is used, I interpret that as indicating that the regular profile has become damaged. Vista, Fix Damaged ProfileLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442850/windows-can-not-load-user-profile/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all I've have an issue with my Windows XP Home PC whereby when I boot up I get the user select screen but no matter which user I select it shows the desktop wallpaper but Explorer user Hangs select after no icons or the taskbar will show The only option I have is to ctrl-alt-del to task manager I can do Explorer Hangs after user select this and kill the explorer process and re-launch it which works fine but I have to do this everytime I log in I created a new user account which worked when I logged of the admin user but as soon as I rebooted the system this user fails to launch correctly too I have run msconfig and unselected everything but still fails but if I load into safe mode this works fine but I cannot determine from there why it is failing I have run spybot ad-aware and cwshredder all show fine so am now at a loss why this is happening I also use Norton anti-virus which again shows no errors I have attached the log from hijackthis which I have also run through the KRC Hijack this analyzer My system spec Windows XP Home AMD Athlon GB memory ASUS K V Motherboard ATI Radeon XT Graphics Card Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run WFXSwtch C PROGRA NORTON WinFax WFXSWTCH exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton Unerase Protection NProtectService - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe O - Service Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe O - Service SymWMI Service SymWSC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS system vmnet exe C Bitvise WinSSHD winsshd exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - HKLM Run VM AntiVirus vmnet exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run razer C Program Files Razer razerhid exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM RunServices VM AntiVirus vmnet exe O - HKLM RunOnce VM AntiVirus vmnet exe O - HKCU Run VM AntiVirus vmnet exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot d program files valve steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run AtiTrayTools C Program Files Radeon Omega Drivers v ATI Tray Tools atitray exe O - Startup Xfire lnk C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe O - Global Startup ATI CATALYST System Tray lnk C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - ... Read more

A:Explorer Hangs after user select

Hello Lebowski and welcome to TSF,

Quote:

I have run msconfig and unselected everything

Please re-select everything in msconfig and run a new scan, from Normal Mode, with HijackThis and post the log here. We need to see everything that's going on in your system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/explorer-hangs-after-user-select-75436.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm using windows home premium bit When I run quot control userpasswords quot I see the following list of users in this order Alex Administrators Guest Guests temp Administrators Users Susan Administrators Users I also have quot Users must enter a user name and password quot UNchecked since security is not my most important concern All four profiles appear to be functional as I can log on or off any of them My only problem is that when the computer boots it starts with the first user Alex logged in However I would like to change it to the last user Susan I can't figure out how to do this I suspect it might be in the advanced tab of this window which has a button for quot Advanced user management quot But it says that I can't use that feature with windows home It would be a real kicker if only owners of the professional edition can control such a basic function I googled this and found some registry keys that might do this for me although I'm not sure if this is really the right way to go Also I'm not sure I understood the instructions since it implied you have to enter a password into your registry but I'm not using passwords Isn't there a simple way to tell windows which user to log in when it boots up without resorting to registry hacks I'm willing to use a hack if necessary if it is pretty clear this won't destabilize the logged select in I How startup user do which on get's computer Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have Paul

A:How do I select which user get's logged in on startup

I believe that the solution is given in this excellent Tutorial on the subject.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186225-how-do-i-select-user-gets-logged-startup.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,

For some reason, every time I reboot my computer I need to select the user to login to. This is weird because:

1. There are no other users on the computer
2. The only user is an administrator
3. the User has no password

Any ideas?

A:Stop having to select a user on startup.

Hello Rose,

If you like you can use the tutorial below to set Windows to automatically log on to the user account at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382995-stop-having-select-user-startup.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys A few days ago I logged onto my SP XP Home machine and as it is logging me in an error message pops up saying quot Windows cannot load the locally stored user profile quot It acts as though I am a new user showing the windows classic theme and starting the XP tutorial I restart my computer and it acts as good as new restoring my icons wallpaper and theme My question is why is this happening I know it isn't critical but this happens about times I log into my machine and the only remedy seems to be to restart stored cannot user load the Windows profile locally Which we all know can be a pain if you've had your computer for more than months I hope there is some reason this is happening and Microsoft's KB article is soooo helpful quot Windows cannot load the locally stored user profile Create a New User Account quot - Microsoft Uhm no thank you Also before someone Windows cannot load the locally stored user profile says it I did not delete my profile's folder as it logs on about of the time

A:Windows cannot load the locally stored user profile

Just an FYI that I'm having a few problems with my system now and it's been almost a year since I've reinstalled XP, so I think I am due for a reformat this weekend. That should fix my problems :s

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-load-the-locally-stored-user-profile-447615.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have two HDD, 1) 200GB and the 2) 80GB, I have windows xp installed on both. None of the two windows have logon password and each windows has one account only, plus the guest account.

I used the winodws Xp in the 80GB to take ownership of the user profile in Documents and Setting that is in the 200GB HDD, now I booted the computer with the 200GB HDD and it doesn't load the original user profile it made a new one.

So now I have two profiles in one user account:

Say the original profile is named A and the new one is named B, I want to delete B and make windows load A.

Thanks

A:how can I make windows load a specific user profile?

Hi JustinK. . .

Some clarification, please...

1. Did you install the SAME XP OS on both (using the same product code)?
2. Is your intent to have one HDD mirror the other?
3. Did you use an Admin account to take ownership of the user profile in the "Documents and Settings" on the 200GB HDD?
4. What is the purpose for taking ownership?
5. Can these 2 HDD's see each other and are they interactive with each other?
6. Do they each have an independant system registry, if you know?

Thanks. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-can-i-make-windows-load-a-specific-user-profile-214297.html
Relevancy 73.53%

System is running XP Pro SP I had just cleaned this system of malware which was causing dllhost exe to run multiple times and slow the system down to a crawl This is not the same machine as this one http www bleepingcomputer com forums t dllhostexe-appears-in-task-manager-multiple-times-restarts-when-killed which Broni helped me with recently Everything was fine for a few weeks then I got a call saying it would not install Adobe Reader update - access denied I corrected that and a couple days later I get a call that it gives the message in the topic user's the Windows function Incorrect profile cannot load - title on startup and runs extremely slow trying to access internet It would eventually say the site could not be Windows cannot load the user's profile - Incorrect function accessed It was so bad I was unable to remote in I bought it in booted in safe mode did a system restore - no change I did a Malwarebytes scan - it found nothing I ran an ESET Online Scan - it too found nothing I tried restoring the ntuser dat from repair ut that made no difference The user logs in as administrator so I created another admin account to process the copy I am able to get on the Internet from my location by manually setting tcp ip settings Any help getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated adaniel

A:Windows cannot load the user's profile - Incorrect function

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_userprofile_copy.mspx?mfr=true

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516963/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile-incorrect-function/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey,

Last week windows xp had a popup error stating that I had "worm.win32.netsky" and "trogan spm/lx". I used norton tools to remove the "worm.win32.netsky". After that, I used the norton emergency disk to boot in safemode to do a full system scan. The scan found nothing. Since then windows xp will not start up. I get the load screen to select the user. Once I select any user it says "loading user settings" and then right after "saving user settings" and stays at the user select screen. What should I do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291848/windows-xp-wont-startclick-to-load-user-and-then-nothing/
Relevancy 73.53%

Using Windows SAP SAP2.

I select Control Panel then User accounts then " Change the way users log on or off". I have the option "Use the Welcome Screen" selected.

The option to use "fast User Switching" is selectable.

After selecting "fast User Switching" option & then selecting to "Apply Option" the window closes.

Then when reentering "Change the way users log on or off" the "Fast User Switch" is no longer selected.

I cannot get this option to start working again.

Hope someone can help me with this problem.

A:Unable To Select "fast User Switching"

Fast User Switching is available only when the Welcome screen is turned on.

Fast User Switching will not appear if it has not been turned on in User Accounts in Control Panel.

Fast User Switching cannot be turned off while multiple users are logged on to the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70576/unable-to-select-fast-user-switching/
Relevancy 73.53%

On two of my three Windows 7 machines a dialogue box to select another user if a non-admin privileged user attempts to install a program. At that point, the user can select a user with admin privileges, enter that user's password, and proceed with the installation. On the third machine, the unprivileged user is just not allowed to install the program. This happens, for instance, if a program such as Acrobat Reader announces an upgrade. There must be somewhere that this setting resides, but I cannot find it. Any suggestions?

Richard

A:cannot select alternate user to complete installation

Hello, check the User Account Control settings, if those are set to never notify, a standard user attempting to make changes that require Admin rights would be automatically denied.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-select-alternate-user-to-complete-installation.1132934/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all I had to repair Windows XP Home from original disk because of a system error Now choose Showing to Cannot user Names Startup at Welcome No User a logon : Windows when I start Windows on the welcome page it says quot To begin click your user name quot but the right part of the screen where the users normally are is completely blank There are no users to choose from I can run No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon Safe Mode so I have tried the following In safe mode went to Control Panel gt Users gt and added a new user and checked the Administrator password was still the same yes This made no difference and blue logon screen still asked me to choose a user but had no users showing In safe mode Start gt Run quot Control Userpasswords quot and unchecked quot Users must use a password on this computer quot This has now created the error when I boot quot Unable to log you on because of an account restriction quot Then goes back to blue quot To begin click your user name quot but no users Tried repairing Win XP AGAIN but no difference Has anyone seen this problem before I would so appreciate any input Thanks MJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-showing-at-windows-welcome-startup-cannot-choose-a-user-to-logon.703502/
Relevancy 73.1%

When I login to windows (7, Ultimate x64) on most profiles (created a new one, affected, logged into my admin account, 1 of 2 user accounts, a clean one for lightweight surfing with no load time for all 3rd party s/w) and my monitor goes from extended (blank) (1920x1080) to ... looking like it has a FAT black border (on secondary monitor).

Also some issues with network adapter connecting and mounted volumes attaching (instead of being instantaneous they take minutes) event viewer doesn't mention anything significant... any ideas?

Interestingly, I can't open Intel's CPanel (desktop context > Graphics Properties) (gfxui.exe) on other profiles.. will get details

A:User Profile Corruption/RegIssues? How to monitor windows (user login)

Sounds to me like something in one or more of the user profiles has gotten corrupted. you might have to delete one or more user accounts and then re create those accounts which should hopefully fix the corruption issue. I know u might not want to do that; but at this point i dont see any other choice to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325836-user-profile-corruption-regissues-how-monitor-windows-user-login.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 73.1%

I need to add another standard user. I have one admin account and one standard user.

After adding the second standard account name and password on Control Panel
I get the confirmation that the new user can now sign in.

However,I get this famous message that the profile service cannot open.

I looked into C:users and find
Default.migrated
Public
Administrator
First standard user

But not the newly created user account. Nor can I find it in the Registry ProfileService.

Why does Window lye to me saying the new user account is available but it did not create it?

A:Added user account Windows does not create user profile

Did you sign out of your account and then try to sign in to the new one?
The new user folder won't be created until you sign in and set up the account.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41690-added-user-account-windows-does-not-create-user-profile.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Guys I work on a Service Desk at load settings XP fails profile Solved: Windows to user the NHS We Solved: Windows XP profile fails to load user settings seem to be having a problem and no-one knows why it is happening and i m determined to get to the bottom of it When ever these particular users logon to the domain XP won t load their profile settings email settings desktop icons etc It does seem to load some of the profile as it doesn t display the quot corrupt profile quot or quot unable to load profile quot error message but it won t load any documents or applications settings so the user gets an empty My Documents folder and an empty desktop I have tried recreating the profile and copying over the settings which does seem to resolve the issue for a while but eventually the problem occurs again So far there are only users having this problem But there seems to be no fix We ve even tried reinstalling Windows on the PC but eventually the profile begins to fail I d love to be the guy to show everyone how to resolve this proble Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP profile fails to load user settings

Run eventvwr.msc and look at both the System and Application logs for repeating errors.

Have a look for the errors referenced in this article and if you see any, install the User Profile Hive Cleanup service.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en
MIght be worth installing even if you are not seeing those specific errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-profile-fails-to-load-user-settings.886528/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi for a week now i have not been able to log on to my account on my windows vista. everytime i try it says user profile corrupted. when i boot it up in safe mode i can log on and a bubble comes up and says user profile loaded incorrectly or something along those lines. I looked up how to fix this on these forums and i saw where i can create a new admin account and copy stuff to it.The only problem is when i am in safe mode it still will not let me create a new acccount even when i click on it

Can't create new user account
^i tried every solution in that thread and none of them worked to create a new account.

Help me fix my laptop please?

Thanks,
Jinnai21

A:Windows Vista(Home Premium) will not load my user profile

If you boot into Safe Mode you should be able to login to the Administrator account and create a new admin account there

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288682-windows-vista-home-premium-will-not-load-my-user-profile.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Yesterday my computer automatically downloaded some updates for windows. As I was turning off my computer it started installing them before finally shutting down. When I turned on my computer this morning I tried to log in on my usual user account but after I entered the password a window popped up saying it could not load the user environment, something about it being due to my settings or possibly corruption. I didn't download anything other than those updates and I keep my firefox browser sandboxed at all times so I have no idea what could possibly have gone wrong. Can anybody help me?

A:After installing automatic updates Windows can't load user environment

hit ctrl+alt+del at the welcome screen and another window will load up. login using the administrator account and see if you can create another user and see if that user works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323791/after-installing-automatic-updates-windows-cant-load-user-environment/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, I have established an additional user account on my computer. I have XP Media Edition 2004. On my administrator account I have Itunes. I would like the other user account to be able to use this program and songs saved on the admin side. Is this possilbe? Basically, I guess I need to know if you can choose files that another user can see or share from the admin and how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

A:Can I select programs that other user accounts can use in XP Media Edition?

You may be able to run the program by just placing shortcuts to it in the other account. Just copy the shortcuts to the other desktop or Start menu. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to install the program in that account. If it does not allow installations, change the account type temporarily to allow the installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-select-programs-that-other-user-accounts-can-use-in-xp-media-edition.701319/
Relevancy 72.24%

Can I use the different user types in Windows 2000 to pick and choose what programs my kids can use? I have a few semi-violent computer games I would rather not let my children play or see. Is this part of the different user levels is capable of? If so, do I have to log off, and then let my child log on to make this work? If not, is there another program that does this, or one that perhaps adds a password to get into certain games or programs?
Are there any free ones?

Thanks!

A:Windows 2000, power user, adminstrator user etc?

Hiya

You'd be better off asking in Win2000 bit, but I'm learning it at the moment, so I'll have a go.

Yes, you can restrict them. You will have to log off, but as you are the main person who sets up the other users, ie your children, then you will act as the administrator. You can block acces to many things.

Now, as I say, I'm just beginning, but others will have a better chance. Go to Control Panel | Users and Passwords icon.

If the User must enter a password...is not ticked, tick it.
Click Add, enter the name. Next. select the level of access:

Standard, Restricted, Other

maybe Standard?

You can modify the account. Click Advanced, Advanced button under Advanced user managegment. In the Local Users and Groups window, doubleclick Users folder, and then doubleclick the user you wish to modify.

This bit I'm a little cagy on, but you could try with trial and error.

maybe someone could carry this on

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-power-user-adminstrator-user-etc.58023/
Relevancy 72.24%

So I recently had a problem with my PC which caused it to freeze at the PCI listing Screen I was able to fix it by going into the recovery console and resetting the boot load order with quot fixmbr quot When it loaded for the first time Avira popped up saying that I had some boot sector viruses on my hard Windows rebooting screen load automatically at System drives I stupidly put off System rebooting automatically at Windows load screen dealing with it and today my PC just randomly restarted and now it wont go past the windows loading screen Whether I run it as quot Start Windows normally quot System rebooting automatically at Windows load screen or quot Last good configuration quot it still just shows the windows loading screen for a second and then restarts I also cant get into safe mode I think that I probably have to reset the boot load order again but I m not sure Would that be the most obvious step Once I get to my desktop I will run the diagnostic programs and make a post in the malware forum to try to actually deal with the viruses but I need to actually get to the desktop nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

My Office Users Windows 7 64bit laptops  (2 laptops)has crashed last week in a similar way.
Laptop suddenly turned off and went to repair mode. After the auto repair the domain profile has been corrupted and unable to login.
when i logged with local account i saw that all the application has wiped off and windows asking for activate.

Luckily i copied user data from c:\users\ desktop.  documents, pictures, videos etc...

anybody can advise how to prevent this type of crash, also advise best method to recover the profile back after this kind of crash.

Raju

Thanks & Regards Rajesh

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d3dce7a2-49b5-4e39-82d1-7115fb37c497/windows-7-64-bit-enterprise-edition-crashed-and-failed-to-load-user-profile?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 71.38%

I have 3 Windows XP Pro SP2 PC's that are joined to an older Windows 2000 Server domain. After 30 minutes of inactivity I want to automatically log off the user. I know how to do this after looking at the Microsoft knowledge base and finding the winexit.scr screensaver.

My problem is not only do I want to log off the user, I want the pc to automatically log into a generic domain user account that has limited privileges. Is there some sort of VB script or something out there that would enable me to do this ? This is to maintain security when the user leaves his workstation for a period of time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatically-log-off-and-log-on-as-new-user-193850.html
Relevancy 71.38%

How do I automatically log on to my user? When I first got my computer, it would automatically log me on to my user when I started / Restarted my computer. But since I updated my Computer, It doesn't do that anymore. I was wondering if there was any way to set this back?

A:How do I automatically log on to my user?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/knox2.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-automatically-log-on-to-my-user.242803/
Relevancy 70.52%

With the user accounts on my computer if someone leaves there's on adn the screen goes to screensaver, or then long enough to hibernate, when we go back on it goes to the user account who last left it on. Just want to know if theres a way to set it so say if I left my user aco**** on and then it went to screensave that when I moved the mouse it would go to the switch user screen. So my account can still be logged on about it will show the user aco****s screen when I move the mouse/wake up computer.
Thanks

A:How to set to automatically switch user??

Not possible sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39749-how-set-automatically-switch-user.html
Relevancy 70.09%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 69.66%

I have 4 user identities on my computer. Three of them work no problem. When I go into my user id (which is also the admin ID) it automatically reboots the computer. The computer starts up to the normal screen with the 4 user IDs on it. And as soon as I log into my ID it reboots in about 5 seconds once again. keeps happening

All 3 other IDs work fine. Whats up and can I fix it? I ran a McAfee full scan and nothing came up.

Thanks for any response

A:Vista 32 closing automatically in 1 user id....

In one of the other accounts, open up an elevated command prompt and follow the instructions here to enable the "hidden" administrator account. Use that to delete all the accounts and start afresh. Repeat the steps to re-hide the account:

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista :: the How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243994-vista-32-closing-automatically-1-user-id.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I've got a couple of computers sitting in front of me which have both been infected (and I think cleaned) of Vundo variants. HOWEVER, now what is happening, when I get to the welcome screen to logon, I can see that my 'settings are being saved' and then I see 'logging off' and I'm back at the welcome screen.

I cannot log on, even in safe mode, with the administrator or local user, with or without an account having a password.

On one of the systems I can still logon to one account if I go into safe mode, and have even created a new, no password acct with admin privileges and still can't seem to logon properly.

Any ideas? any help?

Thanks

A:After logging on, XP automatically logs user off?

Do you have your original Operating System cds?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197065/after-logging-on-xp-automatically-logs-user-off/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there,
Another user account by name of "xjlrpizeav" or "John" appears along with my account. I delete this account and its files but after some times it appears again. What should i do? Plz help....

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/19874-another-user-account-automatically-appears.html
Relevancy 69.66%

can anyone help me.... when i press the user account in the welcome screen at first it says that its connecting and then suddenly it automatically logs out.. I dont know why.. i reboot my pc but then the same problem occur.. I cannot access my pc.. Even when i am in safe mode the same poblem still occur. What should i do>? Can any one pls help// I'm using windows xp media center edition.

Rajpmus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-user-account-automatically-logs-off-313281.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a user at a client who is logged out of the 2000 domain at roughly the same time everyday. He is in the administrator's group and has no time restrictions on his account. He's deleted his account and recreated it and the same thing happens. Another consultant implemented Kix for login scripting. Could this have something to do with it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-automatically-logged-off-2000.43653/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am facing this peculiar problem since last 4/5 days. Whenever I log into windows, a new user "wobrsqqw" gets created which is of the type "Standard User". From the control panel, it can be easily deleted. But, if I restart again, as soon as I get into windows, the same user gets created again. Once, I renamed it and restarted and surprisingly no new user got created. As soon as I deleted it and restarted again, again it got created. What might be the possible reason behind this? Thanks in advance.

A:New user created automatically with each restart

Sounds like some kind of malware to me. Try running a full scan with your anti-virus software.
Download, install and run Malware Bytes Anti Malware (free version) and do a full scan.

Let them fix whatever they find. See if that helps.

Also run msconfig and check the Startup tab to see if there is anything starting there that looks suspecious or unusual.

Windows key + R, type msconfig and press Enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351943-new-user-created-automatically-each-restart.html
Relevancy 69.66%

that's awesome that I found this. I've been struggling with this for about 30 mins now. but the real question is, how to automate this task of running this program as another user? Put another way, can I make a shortcut to automatically run this program as another user, that I can just click at any time?

A:Shortcut to automatically run this program as another user?

Make a batch file with the following line in it and save as <whatever>.bat.

runas /user:OTHER_USER_NAME "C:\Path\To\Program.exe"

See option two: Run as Different User

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164873-shortcut-automatically-run-program-another-user.html
Relevancy 69.23%

An easy one I guess but I want XP Pro just to boot straight up onto the desktop.......
I don't want it to hang on the User name screen for ever and ever til I hit enter!
I know I will kill myself 'cos the answer just has to be too easy!

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi a user account called ASP.NET Machine Account has been created on my laptop it also passworded can i delete it or dose it have to stay

A:Solved: User Account Created Automatically

When you install .Net it creates this account. You can just leave it alone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-created-automatically.666552/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to automatically setup outlook for a domain user. Instead of having to
setup Outlook manually by running the Outlook configuration wizard and
typing in the name of the exchange server and their exchange username.
Thanks Adesh

A:Setup Outlook automatically for a Domain User

Might try Group policy via the Domain. I know you can push many user settings that way.

See this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/ha011402631033.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-outlook-automatically-for-a-domain-user.452261/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Dell computer with Vista Home Basic. On many web-sites I can enter my user name and password and the computer remembers them. On one site I have had to change my user name. I deleted the old name - I think by right clicking on my mouse. I cannot however see how to reinsert a new user name. Usually if I am inserting a new user name on a new site I am visiting the computer comes up automatically with a note "would you like the computer to remember this". I would appreciate any help to be able to find the right controls to do this on the computer.
Any help appreciated.
Many thanks
Roger

A:How can I organise a user name and password to come up automatically on my computer

Hi Roger and welcome to the Vista forums.

Open control panel, go to User Accounts.
Click on Manage your network passwords.
There you can add new accounts and passwords or edit and delete existing accounts.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/164198-how-can-i-organise-user-name-password-come-up-automatically-my-computer.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I read a few articles on how to make Windows 8 automatically log in, yet I wantWindows 8 to automatically log in to the main account which is password protected AND automatically switch user.

I want to do this because sometimes when I turn on the computer, I walk away then come back to it. You see, the reason why I want to do this is because when I turn on the computer and come back to it to log in my account, there's a little bit of a wait time to load up the account. If the computer automatically logs in and switches the user, then when I come back to the computer, all I have to do is type in the password, and everything is already loaded in that account.

Is that option possible? It must be.

A:Automatically Log In To Main Account & Switch User

Do you really want to switch users or you want your screen password protected?

It sounds to me you want to log on and then after (say 1 minute of being idle) lock the screen. To do this you could set up a new Task Scheduler task to call this: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

Enclosed is an example task you can import - copy the xml below into notepad and save it as lockscreen.xml (.xml attachments can't be uploaded here). You can then import it into task scheduler.
You will need to change the user (COMPUTER\USER) and may want to play with the idle time, delay time. You can do this when you import the task - no need to edit the xml.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Task xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task" version="1.2"><RegistrationInfo><Date>2014-08-28T08:17:32.8816798</Date><Author>COMPUTER\USER</Author></RegistrationInfo><Triggers><LogonTrigger><Enabled>true</Enabled></LogonTrigger></Triggers>
<Principals>
<Principal id="Author"><UserId>COMPUTER\USER</UserId><LogonType>InteractiveToken</LogonType><RunLevel>LeastPrivilege</RunLevel></Principal></Principals><Settings><MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy><DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>true</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries><StopIfGoingOnBatteries>false</StopIfGoingOnBatteries><AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate><StartWhenAvailable>false</StartWhenAvailable><RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>false</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable><IdleSettings><Duration>PT1M</Duration><WaitTimeout>PT1H</WaitTimeout><StopOnIdleEnd>false</StopOnIdleEnd><RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle></IdleSettings><AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand><Enabled>true</Enabled><Hidden>false</Hidden><RunOnlyIfIdle>true</RunOnlyIfIdle><WakeToRun>false</WakeToRun><ExecutionTimeLimit>P3D</ExecutionTimeLimit>
<Priority>7</Priority></Settings><Actions Context="Author"><Exec><Command>rundll32.exe</Command><Arguments>user32.dll,LockWorkStation</Arguments></Exec></Actions></Task>

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52718-automatically-log-main-account-switch-user.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Within the last days or so Vista has randomly as far as I can tell logged off my user account This is problematic in that I don't use user accounts I just have myself set as the admin and no one else uses the computer so I have no other user accounts About automatically user logs off Vista account days ago I upgraded Vista to the latest service pack and I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest WHQL drivers I have my computer set to never log off sleep or activate a screen saver so I'm at a loss as to how to stop it Windows Vista Ultimate x Edit Vista automatically logs off user account it seems as though if I leave it alone for approximately a minute or two the account logs itself off It's not so much random as I thought nd Edit It seems as there is a slight bug in Windows and I finally solved my problem I have quot None quot selected as a screen saver but I checked another screen saver quot Blank quot and next to it was a box checked with quot On Resume display Startup Screen quot Despite not having a screen saver set Windows used the settings for a screen saver in this instance

A:Vista automatically logs off user account

I believe the only way you can stop that is to turn off the password. I have always know windows to do this even in XP.

shor

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240925-vista-automatically-logs-off-user-account.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Is there a way to change this XP Home so that there is no need to select a user account from the two that are listed onscreen? One user is on the other side of the US, doesn't use this thing, did once, never will again but the second user account is the one that we use all the time.

If it can be set to load up to that account all the time instead of giving an onscreen choice it would be a big help. Turn it on and forget it kind of thing.

Courtesy to a family member we wouldn't want to deleted the unused account either just bypass the choices screen and load the same user account all the time.

A:Solved: Automatically loading a user account.

start > run > control userpasswords2

uncheck the box that says "Users must enter........"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-automatically-loading-a-user-account.409972/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there I've trying to invoke a fix on the fly and have got a logon log off a user force script? Can a I to through automatically mixed windows workstation environment on my network For particular reasons I don't want my windows XP users to use a Can I force a user to log off automatically through a logon script? Windows machine and equally I don't want a Windows user to use a Windows XP machine Silly I Can I force a user to log off automatically through a logon script? know but there you go I've set up a couple of WMI filters that determine the machine type and Can I force a user to log off automatically through a logon script? have used the following script to ensure that each user type is logged off and the PC restarted Option Explicit Dim objShell MsgBox quot The detected logon method is not supported quot amp chr amp chr amp quot Please revert to using your own computer quot amp chr amp chr amp quot This computer will now restart quot amp chr amp chr quot Invalid Logon Detected quot Set objShell WScript CreateObject quot WScript Shell quot objShell Run quot C WINDOWS system shutdown exe -r -f -t quot For the Windows XP users on Windows machines it works fine however when a Windows user logs into a Windows XP machine it displays the message but won't do the restart bit on the Windows machines Do I need to create some elevated permissions for my windows machines

A:Can I force a user to log off automatically through a logon script?

Try to run interactively.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -r -f -t 0

works on winxp?
------------
Why did you create those user accounts? You don't let them logon! You don't simply log them off but even shutdown.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276334-can-i-force-user-log-off-automatically-through-logon-script.html
Relevancy 69.23%

The user account is automatically logged off from my PC Windows 8 though the antivirus program is still running. Thus, I have to reenter the password to check the program running status. How to prevent user account to be automatically logged off in windows 8? I have already selected Never in the option of Put the computer to sleep. Thank you for your answer.

A:How to prevent user account from automatically logging off

Hi there. Are you confusing “automatically logging off” with the screen locking? The screen locking is different from an account logging off. If using a password to log into an account, the locked screen demands a password.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40640-how-prevent-user-account-automatically-logging-off.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey All,

I have a mates laptop, he gave it to me to fix as Vista has automatically created a new user account, his data is still there, only in another users account in the User\ folder, We dragged everything accross and reimported his emails, after rebooting, it has done it yet again! How do I fix this without having to cut/paste everything again and how to i stop it from re-occuring?

Thanks

A:Vista Automatically CreatedNew User Account

We'll need more info first of all. Is the machine automatically booting into the account? If so then that is possibly a reason why it will keep trying to recreate it....

What is the account, and how does it different in name from his normal account?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/174007-vista-automatically-creatednew-user-account.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I recently upgraded to windows xp professional from windows me I was not having any problems when I started the pc until after I installed the net framework updates from the windows update site Now when I - windows welcome user xp logon screen start or restart my pc it windows xp welcome screen - user logon starts with the administrator setup instead of the way it had been I need to go to start log off and select switch user windows xp welcome screen - user logon in order for it to switch to the way that it had been prior to the net framework updates I tried going to the control panel and selecting the user account and selecting to change the way users log on or off and both the quot use welcome screen and use fast user switching quot are checked off I am listed as a computer administrator but there is also a user account titled administrator which is also listed as a computer administrator The administrator account is the one that is automatically opening now when I start the pc but I want it to open to the user which is me and that is how it was opening prior to the install of net framework I also tried going to start run control userpasswords on the user accounts I removed the check mark from the box for quot users must enter a password to use this computer quot I then selected okay to the automatically logon box that popped up with my user name I did not enter a password since I never entered or had one to begin with I then clicked on okay I then tried going to control panel user accounts and then to change the way users log on and off and unchecked the box for both quot use the welcome screen quot and quot use fast user switching quot However when I clicked on okay I get a screen that states that quot fast users switching cannot be turned off while multiple users are logged on Make sure all other users are logged off then try again quot Does anyone know how I can get Windows XP to open start that way again without having to always go to start log off and selecting to switch users all the time TIA lnjr nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. When I switched on my computer on 10/13/16, the user profile service started successfully. Computer monitor was active but black screen. When I checked on the event viewer for 10/13/16, under General-
Windows cannot load classes registry file. DETAIL- Unspecified error.
Logged name : Application  Source:User Profile Service Logged on:10/13/2016 9:24:46 AM Event ID:1542 Task Category: None Level: Error  Keywords: None User:SYSTEM
The winlogon  notification subscriber<Sens> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Logged name: Application   Source: Winlogon   Logged on:10/13/2016 9:24:47 AM   Event ID:6000 Task Category : None     Level: Information  Keywords: Classical  User : N/A
Can somebody help me figure out what were stated in the event viewer?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eee793b0-d985-4966-8611-d24d27871ac9/event-id-1542user-proflie-service-windows-cannot-load-classes-registry-file-detail-unspecified?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

What is the best way to configure my WIN 7 64-bit, to start speedfan automatically without asking for the Administrator password?

THX

A:start speedfun as a normal, standerd user automatically

See if this tutorial will help Startup Programs - Change

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/283246-start-speedfun-normal-standerd-user-automatically.html