Windows Support Forum

Upgrading Dell XPS 420

Q: Upgrading Dell XPS 420

Would like to upgrade the graphics card for my XPS 420. I have come across this; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Va...UTF8&colid=MEVJOHUZHUSX&coliid=I23Z4I8JDXF8XQ
but am not sure if it is good enough or if it will work with my system. Can I please have some help with this?
thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgrading Dell XPS 420

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgrading Dell XPS 420

Upgrading graphics are dependent on card slot design, power requirement, and driver support.

If I remember correctly the XPS 420 has a PCIe x16 slot, so you should be fine with any of the current cards. A single PCIe x16 card slot has been a standard for all motherboards since the introduction of Core2.
Please check the power output of your power supply and make sure is it adequate for the card you have chosen. Power output is measured in total wattage.
Physical space within the case could limit the length of card chosen. The XPS 420 seems to be a larger case so only the longest of cards should be an issue.
Older operating systems may not have driver support for newer cards. Newer operating systems may not have driver support for older cards. Again I think this is a non-issue, if I remember correctly XPS 420 is either XP or Vista. Both operating systems are still currently supported by both nVidia and AMD.
I hope I didn't bore you, selecting a graphics card is pretty straight forward with only a few requirements. Since the card slot and driver support is basically a non-issue. The only other requirement that will rain on your parade is the power supply and physical space available. Your options for cards are huge, from what I can tell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-xps-420.199628/
Relevancy 46.01%

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not a computer expert...

Ever since upgrading my Dell Dimension 8100 to XP it's been running much slower than usual. It's a fairly old computer, and I was told that the problem is that I need to upgrade my RAM to support XP as it's power hungry.

So, being a novice, I looked into how it's done and think I could just about cope with doing it. I searched for what I need and came up with this http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=1932&ft=m&st=3

My questions are: what should I upgrade to? I'm 128 MB just now. Also, should it be this expensive or is this site just a rip off?! Help!

A:Upgrading RAM on a Dell

I just worked on a Dell Dimension 8200 and upgraded the memory. You should have 4 slots now with 2 64mb modules and 2 continuity modules. I upgraded that particular computer with 2 more 256mb modules so we came up with 640mb. I had the customer order the RAM from DELL since we could not get it from CRUCIAL I don't know the exact price but I do know that it way very expensive.

You can check with DELL but when we checked they no longer offered 128mb modules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-ram-on-a-dell.406794/
Relevancy 46.01%

Well as my title says I would like to upgrade my Dell XPS 400. I'm doing this cause i would like to play some of the latest games. Heres my specs:

Processor
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium D (2 CPUs)
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

RAM
1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce 6800

Now the plan is to upgrade the video card and the ram. Right now my computer has (2) 512 sticks. I'm going to buy (4) 1gb sticks and a Radeon HD 4830 512MB

Do you think I need to get another power supply also? Im almost positive the power supply i have now is a 375 watt. Do you think the ram and new video card are good enough to play today's top games?

I really dont think i need to upgrade my processor. Anyone disagree? I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

A:Upgrading my Dell XPS 400

Also is there a big difference between DDR2 PC2-5300 and DDR2 PC2-6400 or should i just go with the 6400 that is 8 dollars more on each 1gb stick?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-dell-xps-400.118271/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I currently have a Dell XPS Non H C as my main pc The specs are Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English XPS Dell Upgrading 720 System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell XPS Upgrading Dell XPS 720 BIOS Phoenix Upgrading Dell XPS 720 ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB Upgrading Dell XPS 720 available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX gb Western digital harddrive - primary OS TB - Western Digital gb - Western Digital Backup Nvidia GTX ect ect Anyway I now would really like to upgrade to an i of some sort I am guessing this would also require a new motherboard and also new RAM I do not mind this and yes I know it is technically going to be a whole new PC I was wondering what you guys would recommend Motherboard CPU wise Not really on much of a budget so Would like something that can be overclocked quite easily as I would like to be able to overlclock it in the BIOS Also size wise no problem as the XPS case is HUGE Weighs a tonne too What would you all recommend going for Also is it worth waiting till the next range of intel processors come out Many thanks Spud PS The kind of things my PC is used for is Video Encoding D Rendering amp Gaming which is why i am now after an upgrade Oh and cooling its not water cooled but it has a huge Heat sink and fan mm i think that sound like an airplane taking off when its turned on so I do not think this will be a problem nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Alright what I m basically trying to accomplish here is a video card that will run most games today at higher-moderate levels I m all too aware that the XPS is far from ideal when it comes to gaming but I lack the funds to build a superior machine 210 XPS Upgrading Dell for now I intend to upgrade to Windows since Vista sucks but this limits my budget for a new video card to about if I have no other options Ideally it would be or lower All this said I lack any understanding on the technical details of upgrading one s video card and am thus having a rather difficult time figuring out what to buy I ve upgraded the RAM to GB and I can probably manage another upgrade in the future if it s recommended but for the moment I m concentrating on the graphics So learned denizens what manner of low-profile video card can handle that workload and where can I find one Thank you P S I did notice that there were a couple of other threads nearly identical to this one but Upgrading Dell XPS 210 aside from being a couple of years old they tended to advocate upgrades that were somewhat out of my price range System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Upgrading Dell XPS 210 Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc WG CN G C Antivirus Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

So I ve had a Dell XPS computer for a little over years now and I have not upgraded the CPU for it yet and was wondering if the Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz would Dell XPS CPU 410 Upgrading my work with it Right now I ve got an Intel Core Duo E at GHz so I Upgrading my Dell XPS 410 CPU know this increase would be worth it Also I can t afford a whole new machine so I m not looking into that I m just wondering if that upgrade would work Also I know they share the same socket type but I don t know what else has to be taken into consideration I don t really know much about processors so that s why I m asking Oh also I found a combo on Newegg where they were selling the E with a Heatsink Fan for like an extra or so and my current one is whatever the default was that came with the computer years ago nbsp

A:Upgrading my Dell XPS 410 CPU

Officially, I don't think the 45nm CPUs are supported on the Intel P965 chipset that ships with the Dell XPS 410.

Look around a little on the Dell forums. The highest you can probably go is a QX6800.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-dell-xps-410-cpu.147898/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok I have a dell dimension in my room Upgrading my Help Dell; Please! It had Windows on it but I ve changed that to xp a while ago Anyways it is very slow and I m hoping to upgrade it I m taking a computer architecture class now so I know the ins and outs of the computer a bit more than the average computer person I guess you can say Ok well this computer has a Pentium mb of sdram and an gb hard drive Everything on it should be stock because I put nothing in it Ok question time Is it possible to put a new processor and other parts video card sound card Upgrading my Dell; Help Please! etc but keep the same motherboard I found gb RAM on newegg for after rebate Can you use any Ram with any pc Can someone help me find out what certain parts I need for my pc video card ram sound Upgrading my Dell; Help Please! card processor possibly Thanks a million And incase something isn t clear in my questions let me sum it up right here I want to upgrade my computer for Upgrading my Dell; Help Please! as cheap as possible but have it good enough to play things like Fable Black amp White and things of that nature Thanks again nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone Both the laptops Dell Inspiron R and Dell Inspiron came with GB of RAM I'd like to upgrade it to at least GB by replacing the GB dimms in both laptops with GB dimms Was wondering whether it is safe and okay to combine different memory modules from different manufacturers I'm also leaving the US next week and so would prefer getting RAM that's more reliable and wouldn't mess up the laptops Could you guys please recommend which ones you'd get I've bought Samsung and Crucial in the past and didn't have any issues Here's the existing RAM information from CPU Z Inspiron R Inspiron Based on the above information could you please recommend the sticks that you would get preferably from Amazon Dell's upgrade page for Inspiron R recommends this one Dell GB Certified Replacement Memory Module for Select Dell Systems - MHz LV SODIMM Memory Dell which is MHz So can I get this one for that laptop Kingston Technology GB MHz DDR L PC - V Non-ECC CL SODIMM Intel Laptop Memory KVR LS at Amazon com This would on Upgrading 15R RAM 7548 Dell Inspiron and laptops Inspiron Dell match the manufacturer of the existing stick Kingston Dell's upgrade page Upgrading RAM on Dell Inspiron 15R and Dell Inspiron 7548 laptops recommended the same stick for Dell Inspiron as well Since I wasn't able to locate Hyundai's GB stick is it okay if I get Kingston or Crucial's stick Kingston Technology GB MHz DDR L PC - V Non-ECC CL SODIMM Intel Laptop Memory KVR LS at Amazon com Amazon com Crucial GB Single DDR MT s PC - CL SODIMM -Pin V V Notebook Memory CT BF B Computers amp Accessories Any comments or be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance

A:Upgrading RAM on Dell Inspiron 15R and Dell Inspiron 7548 laptops

Can't comment on the compatibility, however, make sure laptops support 8GB RAM in a single slot, with 16GB total.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374801-upgrading-ram-dell-inspiron-15r-dell-inspiron-7548-laptops.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys i am faced with a choice that i would like to be giving some advice on I have an Dell M and when it comes to gaming it have done an outstanding job It can play very early games with no problem but now that we are in i have had to resort to the lower setting of games I was playing on either doing an overhaul or my Upgrading Dell M1730 just buying a brand new computer The question i have is what is cheaper and what gets me a better machine Newer gaming computers can cost as much as my mac book pro Below i am going to list Upgrading my M1730 Dell some basic specs of the m Anyone who could give me advice on price management Upgrading my M1730 Dell or even suggestions for new processors ram hard drive video card and other important aspects would be much appreciated XPS-M Processor -Intel R Duo Core Processor- Type t GHzz Ghz Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce Go M GT Ram mb

A:Upgrading my M1730 Dell

Is that 256 mb of ram or video ram? If that is all of the ram that you have you have no where near enough to run Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/299599-upgrading-my-m1730-dell.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've lerned that the Optiplex GX1 I have will only support up to 40gig of Hd.
So I can add any hard drive on top of the 6gig it has (ie a 30 gig), or replace the existing 6gig with a 40 gig, I think.

Question is can I just go buy any old type hard drive or is there something special because I'm working on a Dell?

Thanks
Will

A:Adding/upgrading a Dell HD

No, there's nothing special for the drive in the GX1's and you're not limited to a 32GB, the common limit on these older computers, hard drive limit. However you will need one of these to surpase that limit: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=promise

Oddly, if a 40GB drive works then then next common limit is 74 - 80GB. Also thats 32GB (40) per drive - you could have 4 by 32GB drives if you like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-upgrading-a-dell-hd.183119/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there I currently own a Dell XPS and am in the process of upgrading the systems Power Supply Unit as well as the Graphics Card I have never done this before but am very familiar with computers and have been researching a lot about the endeavor With that said I have ordered Radeon HD GB DDR PCIE Graphics Card and well as an 8100 Upgrading Dell my XPS Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply I was hoping someone could tell me if I m doing anything wrong with my component selection I researched them quite thoroughly already but I must admit am worried about somehow frying my motherboard or damaging my system beyond repair If you need any additional details my system specs are linked below as well as the graphic card specs with the PSU Thanks in advance Rob Upgrading my Dell XPS 8100 Dell XPS System http configure dell com Upgrading my Dell XPS 8100 dellstore l en amp s dhs amp cs cadhs amp model id studio-xps- Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply http www tigerdirect ca applicati -WebletMain- -CANLET- - order amp SRCCODE CANLET Radeon http www amd com us products desk d- Pages ati-radeon-hd- -overview aspx nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I want to upgrade the memory on my Dell as it lags when I'm playing games but was wondering if there was any limit on the amount my system could support? I checked on Dell's website and they only offer up to 512MB modules which I already have two of, which suggests to me that it doesn't support (or at least they don't suggest) using anything higher. Also, they are always banging on about how important it is to buy components directly from them, but does it really matter?

A:Upgrading memory on a Dell

Dell Dimension 5100 (also please update your Profile mobo to this)

Memory:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5100/en/sm/specs1.htm#wp1097520

Maximum: 4Gb 400-MHz and 533-MHz DDR2 unbuffered SDRAM
(note Windows Xp 32bit can only see 3Gb)

No it doesn't matter where you buy your Ram, but in saying that, you should buy the exact same ram that is already fitted, to avoid conflicts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-memory-on-a-dell.98519/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everybody, and thanks in advance to anyone who may offer some advice. What I want to do is upgrade my memory and possibly my processor. I believe my specs are at the bottom of the page. As far as I know I can have up to 2 gigs of memory. Right now I am running with 1 gb. Also, I want to upgrade my processor if possible. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Ok, here are my specs.
Dell 4550 400Mhz FSB
Intel Pentium 4 @2Ghz
1 Gb ram
128 mb ati rage graphics
intel motherboard socket 478

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 running XP with a single Kingston 512K. I want to upgrade the memory but so far I have been unsuccessful. I ran the Crucial analysis program and they suggested I buy another 512K which I did. In fact, I bought two Crucial 512K RAM and I know they are good as I can boot up with either one in Drive A. However, with both of the Crucials installed OR with the Kingston in Bay A and either of the Crucials in Bay B, the computer will not boot up. I upgraded the BIOS from the Dell site and that did not help. I cannot believe the mother board is bad. Any suggestions?

A:Upgrading Memory in Dell

Sounds like the one slot may be dead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-memory-in-dell.693961/
Relevancy 45.58%

So i upgraded my dell demension s RAM b it comes with mb stock and i 4550 upgrading RAM dell added a gig stick now i wanted to go out and buy a gig stick to replace the stick but the manual says maximum RAM per socket is g will it screw up my computer to put a g stick in Thanks was thinking something along the lines of this http shop outpost com upgrading dell 4550 RAM dNs LlfS Jh MuA node site sr SEARCH MAIN RSLT PG a div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members hellsscope class username author dir auto Hellsscope a span a href threads upgrading-dell- -ram title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Mar at PM Mar span a span div div class publicControls a href threads upgrading-dell- -ram title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li class message div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src styles default xenforo avatars avatar m upgrading dell 4550 RAM png width height alt a div h class userText Sponsor h span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText ugc baseHtml ins class adsbygoogle style display inline-block width px height px data-ad-client ca-pub- data-ad-slot ins blockquote article div div li li li id post- class message data-author Rich-M div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members rich-m class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars m jpg width height alt Rich-M a div h class userText a href members rich-m class username dir auto itemprop name Rich-M a h div class extraUserInfo dl class pairsJustified dt Joined dt dd May dd dl dl class pairsJustified dt Messages dt dd a href search member user id class concealed rel nofollow a dd dl div span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText SelectQuoteContainer ugc baseHtml Well it probably won t run at all but if it does it will be as gb div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members rich-m class username author dir auto Rich-M a span a href threads upgrading-dell- -ram post- title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Mar at PM Mar span a span div div class publicControls a href threads upgrading-dell- -ram post- title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li li id post- class message data-author Hellsscope div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members hellsscope class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data image png base iVBORw KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAGAAAABgCAYAAADimHc AAABa lEQVR u dTUsCQRzA dnoRWxBkAjyIHSwq e QN D GxQ CIhAikizMJEptLa O mInW nd zDMPow wEVTA PTj DCmvFWwAAgAAAEAAAAgBAAAAIAAABACAAAAQAgAAAEAAAAgBAAAAIAAABAKD Vue cJIk WC OfOsddMJ u Lrb Upo u OPDs uwyDUfbtffxEF ftcNt dAKMIC mCFrkhq ZGGXjqDWy RuAvHUe tF kRHkDhAAAAIAQAAACAAA elXP po GuhUa V qJj nFy gpPL MnwAjS o gwSgLoyyLWmNjfS U s C vE mSwvwF vP evJIvYhxHkDhAAAAIAQAAACAAA elf jJuZ saKmk ao yC sA pSWSyEtl LWmE QtsIcgcossQ aDgBAAQAgAAAEAAAAgBAAAAIAAABACAAAAQAgAAAEAAAAgBAAAAIwJ oC t UnU uJyZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC width height alt Hellsscope a div h class userText a href members hellsscope class username dir a... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-dell-4550-ram.694731/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell XPS 400 32 bit computer that i would like to use to build a gaming computer, is it worth it?

A:Is a Dell XPS 400 worth upgrading?

No, considering it's about 10 years old it won't be able to play modern games.

It would be much better to build a new PC from scratch using up to date components

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-a-dell-xps-400-worth-upgrading.1154322/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all;
I want to breathe a bit of new life into this old workhorse, and wonder if it can be done.
1. Approximate cost
2. Level of difficulty & time.
System: Xeon W5580 @3.2GHz (twin CPU's); RAM: 12GB; W7 Pro 64 bit, SP1; WinExp index: 7.1
Owner: SolidWorks junkie :-)

A:Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Dell T7500

0. can be done
1. 80-180$
2. easy, 6 hours installing windows and software.

buy an intel ssd to be on the safe side, dell, hp are picky. 535 or 730 series 120-240GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377611-upgrading-hdd-ssd-dell-t7500.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I was wondering if there is a way? I own a 3600+ 2.0ghz and well I'm ready to move on to at lest a 6000+. Is there any way I can? I heard something about a CPU lock on dells if so there must be a way to take off the CPU lock I see screws around this black case. So what if I just pop it off and take the CPU out and wam there you go I got a 6000+ All computers are the same when it comes down to the bones of a PC dell can't just make a computer that READS NO YOU CAN'T there is always away around that ****.... ALWAYS!

A:Dell E521 Upgrading CPU?

I think it would be a good idea to see if the motherboard supports the processor you want to install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-e521-upgrading-cpu.601491/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am looking to upgrade my dell xps with a new processor It looks like Upgrading XPS Dimension my Dell 600 i can put the following cpu Upgrading my Dell XPS Dimension 600 into my system intel core duo e mhz fsb mb cache conroe here are the current specs using cpuz if you need more info i can provide it processors information ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ processor id number of cores max number of threads max name intel pentium d codename smithfield specification intel r pentium r d cpu ghz package socket lga platform id h cpuid f extended cpuid f core stepping a technology nm core speed mhz x mhz rated bus speed mhz stock frequency mhz instructions sets mmx sse sse sse em t l data cache x kbytes -way set associative -byte line size trace cache x kuops -way set associative l cache x kbytes -way set associative -byte line size fid vid control yes fid range x - x vid range v - v features xd chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ northbridge nvidia nforce sli intel edition rev A southbridge nvidia nforce mcp rev A graphic interface pci-express pci-e link width x pci-e max link width x memory type ddr memory size mbytes channels dual memory frequency mhz cas ras to cas ras precharge cycle time tras bank cycle time trc nbsp

A:Upgrading my Dell XPS Dimension 600

Did you have a question ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-dell-xps-dimension-600.98922/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've tried two different Core2Duo processors to replace the P4HT, and it doesn't work. What can I use to upgrade the CPU?

My service tag is 2BKP4D1 and I tried an E6600 and an E7600.

A:Upgrading CPU on Dell Prec 390

Isn't a P4HT socket 478?

A Core2 being socket 775?

I don't think they will fit onto your current motherboard. I'd wait for someone to confirm it though, as I'm only 50/50 on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-on-dell-prec-390.151249/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone!!!

I currently have a Dell Dimension 2400 and I want to upgrade it by getting a new motherboard that has an PCI-Express slot and more RAM slots than 2. Any suggestions to a good motherboard?

-edit-
Oh..I forgot to mention, I believe it is a Micro ATX motherboard I am currently using....

Thanks!!!

A:Upgrading my Dell desktop

What OS are you going to run and are your upgrading for game use or just a little more speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-dell-desktop.160790/
Relevancy 45.15%

Evening,

Been toying with the idea of upgrading this older system to W7. Ran thru the upgrade advisor and the major issue is the Intel ® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller. The INTEL website does NOT list this as compatible either. Is this as simple as replacing/upgrading a video card, or is this a chipset on the motherboard?

Is there a way to overcome this limitation?

Thanks

A:Upgrading a Dell Dimension 2400 to W7

Does it come with original specs?
Celeron 2.40GHz, 512MB, 80GB HD

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297559/upgrading-a-dell-dimension-2400-to-w7/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there just a quick question, is is possible to upgrade the graphics card in a dell inspiron, i beleive it has an intergrated one at the moment, just the standard one. Any help or suggestions for cards would be a great help

Cheers

greened

A:Upgrading Dell Inspiron 1525

I don't think so

You can chat with Dell support (to confirm) here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-inspiron-1525.114168/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell Studio XPS MT Desktop that I have been making some upgrades on I have added new PSU GPU and some additional Dell XPS Upgrading Studio 435MT! my RAM OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i i i and AMD Phenom MSI Radeon HD GB DDR PCIe w HDMI Low Profile Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model KHX C D K for GB Total I also replaced the motherboard as the machine was not working with previous one I have noticed the computer tends to run very hot and up to Deg as listed by speed fan Is it possible to add a new heatsink Is there one that would fit Upgrading my Dell Studio XPS 435MT! the tight confinements of this case I was thinking about this heatsink COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B Upgrading my Dell Studio XPS 435MT! - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i I m assuming I have no room to add an additional case fan I may also need to apply some new thermal paste to cool down CPU I would appreciate some feedback Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Can any one suggest me at what GB of ram I have to increase in my laptop to boast its performance..
Currently it has 2GB ram 64 bit OS installed windows 10..  
Service Tag :-[removed per Privacy Policy]
M facing many problems to work on laptop as m running heavy  software's in it like visual basic  , android studio..

PLEASE get me out of this problem as soon as possible Thankyou

A:Upgrading ram in dell inspiron i3 3520

You can go up to 8GB. 2GB is insufficient for any development software.
http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-3520

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984520
Relevancy 45.15%

My wife has a Dell studio 1555 laptop and the Bluetooth 370 adapter doesn't appear to be working after upgrade to Windows 7. It won't recognise external devices. I've downloaded drivers that I thought might be the problem but to no avail.

A:Dell Bluetooth not working after upgrading

where did you download the drivers?
does your computer have a dedicated button that enables/disables bluetooth?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/44442-dell-bluetooth-not-working-after-upgrading.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Manufacturer Dell Processor Intel Acirc reg Core acirc Upgrading Studio Dell 435MT XPS bdquo cent i - Processor MB L Cache GHz Memory GB DDR Tri-Channel SDRAM at MHz - DIMMs Hard Drive GB - RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache Video Card ATI Radeon HD MB Physics Card No Monitor ViewSonic Acirc reg VA wb quot LCD Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT Soundcard Integrated Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT Channel Audio Speakers Cyber Acoustics AC- Keyboard Dell Studio Consumer Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT Multimedia Keyboard Mouse Wacom Graphire x USB Tablet Blue Mouse Surface Wacom Graphire x USB Tablet Blue Computer Case Stock Lol I d like to know what the best upgrades for it would be and which ones are the most budget friendly range total You may list all the upgrades but I m thinking of just upgrading the video card and or memory specifically for better gaming not too hardcore I play a couple of games like Skyrim and MMOs and drawing I draw in high resolutions I d also like to point out that I recently bought a laptop that is faster than this desktop and maybe I should just sell the desktop if it can t be too much better than the laptop Here are the specs - Inspiron R Notebook Inspiron - rd Gen Intel Core i - QM MB cache up to Ghz - GB DDR DIMM - Dell Chiclet Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad US English - High Definition p LED Display with Truelife - Intel HD Graphics HD Graphics - SRV Software for WIFI Wireless Card - TB RPM SATA Hard Drive Right now I m leaning toward selling it or giving it away to a friend if it can t be sold for much But if I can get it upgraded to a beastly status without spending too much then I might keep it I m new to upgrading and couldn t find the MT in the web page where I can find compatible upgrades for it that s why I m here Please help thanks

A:Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435MT

100 USD is very little to upgrade. If you change just video card for similar latest generation say SAPPHIRE HD 7750 1GB already $110, it would not require upgrading power supply. Which windows you have, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Your memory is very small, if you have 64 bit Windows, however processor is still good, yes it is slower than your laptop, but RAM (memory) also counts, and Operating System? However your laptop would be difficult to upgrade for video card, if at all! Integrated video card in laptop would not allow you to play any serious games without lag and video issues.
Here little comparison for Skyrim only.
XPS 435 with addition of only Sapphire 7750 would allow you to play at Very High/Extremely High, however your memory is on the low side, if you have 64 bit OS upgrading memory is a must.
Laptop the way it is - Low / Medium settings. So Do you like to play your games with good video quality, or you don't care?
Very good detailed information on PC requirements can be found - at Skyrim:System Requirements.
So, if it would be me, if your XPS has 64 bit windows - I would keep it, upgrade video card and memory, spend definitely more than $100. If you have only 32 bit, I would think about it, but is is still possible and most likely would be more enjoyable than laptop play quality.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19488033
Relevancy 45.15%

okay this is my first dell computer ive ever owned all dimension upgrading my dell 9150 my other computers i built myself so knew what i could do with it but im not fully sure of what the highest upgrades i can make with this pc specs Processor Intel pentium D daulcore ghz em t upgrading my dell dimension 9150 socket LGA Motherboard dell inc model FJ chipset intel i p pl g gz Bois dell inc version A Memory gig DDR PC - mhz Daul channel Video nvidia Geforce gs mb harddrive GB rpm serial ata Power supply watt atx i want to no the fastest CPU i would be able to run in this computer also the fastest ram was told PC - but not sure also whatz the highest power supply was told for power i can use up to wattz atx cuz i plan on getting a BFG NVIDIA GeForce GT OC MB video card which needs watts or more becuz my geforce gs keeps overheating but could i use anything higher then watt if i wanted it be much appreciate if anyone could let me know what i can fully upgrade this pc too thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-dell-dimension-9150.722694/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

I have recently decided to upgrade my ram from 254 to 512mb. I googled stuff to hopefully get a good guide on how to go about this but became completely confused.
DDR? SD? PC130? Motherboard types? memory limits!? voltage use? I have no idea what I'm looking for or where to look. I am familiar with the basic installation procedure from upgrading my video card (grounding, unplugging, opening, removing, installing etc.) but I don't know which cards are compatible to my motherboard or anything. I seem to have found that optiplex motherboards are designed differently and upgrading is 100x harder. Please help me with this mess.

Relevancy 45.15%

Alright Here s the deal I have a Dell Dimension desktop at this moment I Upgrading help a 4550, Dimension Dell need want to upgrade this on the theory that upgrading the old system will give me a workable if not spectacular system My Upgrading a Dell Dimension 4550, need help total budget is preferably around dollars though I imagine that I could go over that if needed Oi it won t let me post the link to the documentation how annoying I have a Radeon Pro video card in it at present and the rest is pretty much stock-it s a GHz processor I believe with nothing else spectacular It came with MB of DDR SDRAM and I ve added a stick as well for a total of -something My current possible intentions I want to upgrade the RAM-if I can get it at a good price I ll replace one or both of the ram modules with for gig of ram I think I read someplace that this particular model of computer doesn t support dual-channel ram anyway so I want to upgrade the video card It is as the link will state a x AGP slot and I want the best I can get within reason The current power supply is watts-I can try replacing it if absolutely necessary Does the video card need updated that badly I m not good at comparing them Bear in mind that I don t need a high-end gaming rig here I just want to be able to run some newer games I d like to be able to run Oblivion or Fallout for example Lot of newer games for me that I d like to be able to run I m currently considering the GS video card nbsp

A:Upgrading a Dell Dimension 4550, need help

Hi

as a newbie you cant post links, as for Dell PC's why bother upgrading it, just sell it and buy a new unit, easier in the long run and cheaper, from what i remember Dell use specific PSU's in some of their machines so if you wanted to swap it out it would have to be a Dell PSU.

You can pick up a good spec PC for a few quid nowadays as they are getting cheaper all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-a-dell-dimension-4550-need-help.118545/
Relevancy 45.15%

Thank goodness you people are around!!

I'd like to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 8000.
Currently has 256mb RAM - I know it can only go up to 512mb RAM.
Which brand of Memory is best??

Alos, I'd like to upgrade the hard drive also.
Currently has 10GB.
Does anyone know the maximum GB's for this computer hard drive?
Which brand of hrad drive should I buy?

If I get max RAm (512mb) and max hard drive (GB's) would it be
possible to then install Windows XP on to this computer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys so I posted earlier about upgrading to a gtx 970, and I was informed to wait until the 1070 comes out! Anyways the gtx 1070 is out and I am thinking about upgrading my dell xps 8500. I know I would need to upgrade my psu and I saw another post where someone upgraded to a gtx 970 where they used a EVGA SuperNOVA 750B1 750W Power Supply. I am curious whether or not the gtx 1070 will work with the computer and if this is a good power supply to go with. I know the main concern when upgrading the power supply in the dell xps 8500 is the amount of space, but the guy that used this one said it fit so let me know what you think! Thanks so much for the help on the previous thread and thanks for all the help I know I'll get on this one!

A:Upgrading dell xps 8500 to a gtx 1070

Poster "_pressAnyKey" reports that an EVGA GTX 1080 works on his xps 8500.  That poster installed a 750W PSU, in place of the Dell stock 460W PSU.  The upgraded 750W PSU was an EVGA 210-GQ-0750-V1.  Of course, other power supplies are available.  Also, it may be that the stock 460W PSU will be adequate for a (non-overclocked) GTX 1070, if your other upgrades demand only moderate power.
Note that you should use the latest system BIOS version.  Earlier BIOS versions had compatibility bugs, causing the XPS 8500 to fail POST with various graphics cards.  Those earlier compatibility bugs apparently were fixed in later BIOS versions.
en.community.dell.com/.../19474677

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19984493
Relevancy 45.15%

I would like to upgrade my Dell laptop. It currently runs Windows XP on 40gb hardrive, 512mb RAM, Pentium 4 2.8ghz.

I would like to upgrade to at least a 160gb hardrive and at least 1gb RAM. I still want to install Windows XP because I do not want to upgrade to Windows Vista.

Besides the hardrive, the ram and the OS, what else do I need to upgrade my laptop successfully with no problems.

Thanks!

Relevancy 45.15%

We have a Dell Dimension 8200 Desktop that has been loyal to us and has a 40GB HD in it. I would like to swap this drive out for a bigger drive since we are almost out of space on the current one. I understand I can use a external drive instead to move some stuff over etc. or add a second drive. but would prefer to swap out the current HD for a bigger one. How do I go about ensuring XP, programs, photos, etc are moved over to the new drive?

A:Need help upgrading to bigger HD on Dell 8200

How i did

Remove present HD.Connect new (compatible to motherboard) HD
as Master.
Install the OS to be Drive C:
Connect the 40 as Slave.It will not boot the OS and should be D:
Then you can move or copy files from D: to C:
Format the 40 for storage if C is not partitioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-upgrading-to-bigger-hd-on-dell-8200.120368/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell model 8200 with 2.0 Mhz, 768 MB of RAM win XP Pro. I use this machine for all sorts of applications including gaming. I can upgrade my Intel P4 proccessor to a 2.8 with a PowerLeap kit that includes a fan and etc. Would my computer see a significant increase in speed if I did this? The upgraded proccessor costs $269.00 with the kit. I can also upgrade for $50.00 less without the kit. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. JJB

Relevancy 45.15%

My boss bought a business and along came 30 computers. 12 will be trashed as they are slower than cellphones, 8 will be upgraded to Win7 as they are relatively good and 10 are Dell Optiplex GX 280 Running 2.8 or 3.0 Pentium 4 and 2-4GB or RAM. These computers will not get heavy use, word, excel and maybe quickbooks. Assuming that their hardware is without problems, is it worth upgrading them to Win7, or should we just get a cheapo $300 desktop from dell? Money is an issue as always. I just want to see the opinions of the community.

Thanks

A:Is it worth upgrading Dell Optiplex GX 280 to Win 7?

I would settle for what I had (forget the OS upgrade) or spend the $300 to get newer hardware (at least a machine with more than 1 core).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-upgrading-dell-optiplex-gx-280-to-win-7.202197/
Relevancy 45.15%

I picked up a cheap OptiPlex GX270 that I'm trying to upgrade to be more useful. The minitower that I have is fairly tight on space and uses a very inconvenient mobo layout. Here's a stock pic:

And here's the motherboard:

I want to use the thing to make a DVR, but there's no PCIe slot to put the adapter card into. What sort of motherboards share the same configuration? Should I just ditch the GX270 case and rebuild the machine in something else?

I've already put 300 bucks into this endeavor, and I'm starting to get a little upset.

A:Upgrading a Dell OptiPlex GX270

After some more research, I've determined that I need an Intel motherboard with a socket 478 and a PCIe slot. Does anyone know of a reliable vendor selling one at competitive prices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-a-dell-optiplex-gx270.659990/
Relevancy 45.15%

What I have Dell Dimension Motherboard without AGP or PCI-E slots mb PCI Radeon video card ghz Pentium processor mb DDR RAM What I want New motherboard that is cheap but upgradable New case to fit said motherboard New video card so I can play games like Battlefield and Neverwinter Nights Probably a second a budget Advice Dell upgrading on on my RAM chip so I can upgrade to a gig What I am asking What kind of motherboard and case can I get for cheap Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget Obviously the main feature I am looking for is just PCI-E slots and that Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget the motherboard fits in the case and or more RAM slots I can t figure out how to tell if my current processor and power supply will fit the new motherboard Is gig of RAM enough these days has been doing me just fine with games like Half Life Call of Duty FEAR etc What video card do I need I m looking for the cheapest one that will work with games like Neverwinter Nights Battlefield and similarly demanding games The main problem I seem to be having Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget with my current graphics card is that it is not compatible with Pixel Shaders And that not only is it an older card but PCI is also less efficient nbsp

A:Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget

That's not an upgrade.. That's replacing the whole system

If you are looking for an upgradable mobo with a future, then your current RAM will probably be useless and your current processor too. So basically you are looking for a new computer here.

What is your budget? We need to know that in order to give any useful advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-upgrading-my-dell-on-a-budget.66355/
Relevancy 45.15%

i currently have a dimension 5150 with a Pentium 4 Processor 650 3.4GHz inside. im looking at upgrading the cpu. what would be the cheapest and easiest upgrade route for a dual core cpu.

either just the cpu [what will fit the existing motherboard and fan]

or

whats the best if i had to change the motherboard etc.

what would be the most cost effective route?

thanks in advance

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi:

We have a dimension 2400 with a 2.2 Celeron in it and I would like to bump up the CPU to something a little quick. It only has 128 megs of ram in it, some I am also considering just putting a gig of ram in for a performance boost. The budget is tight, so it will be one or the other.

thanks,
shawn

A:Upgrading a dell dimension 2400

your in luck..i have a dell dimension 2400 to
i just bought a geforce 5500 256mb graphic card..thats a good way to start

and im looking to buy some RAM..that kinda what you had on your mind for upgrades..
your dell has PCI slots right?...mines pretty garbage..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-a-dell-dimension-2400.39619/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell Precision M6600 with an AMD FirePro M6100 2GB. I've found a company claiming to sell GTX 970M/980M MXM 3.0b GPU upgrades for this laptop (including thermal pads and bracket, natch.) However, on some forums I've seen claims that the best upgrade available for this laptop (due to BIOS compatibility issues) would be a GTX 680M. Does anyone here know whether or not a 9xx class Nvidia GPU would even POST?
Note: I'm not a professional user, so I'm not really interested in Quadros or FirePros, unless they're at a deep discount. The FirePro I have performs very nicely in games, but the price premium on a new CAD GPU is on the exorbitant side.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19982712
Relevancy 45.15%

hi, 
I have a dell xps 15 ( l502x) bought 4.5 years back. I wish to upgrade the laptop in whichever way possible. Here is my current specs : i7 processor, 6 GB RAM, NVidia 525M graphics card, Network card Intel wireless N1030, 500GB HDD ( upgraded to 1TB ).
What all can I upgrade from this specs? HDD is already upgraded, next I will be upgrading the network card, as my system doesnt support 802.11ac. I am planning to upgrade it with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.
what else can be changed? is motherboard upgrade required to improve the system performance? although the system is handling the day to day applications with occasional slowdown of whole system. Yesterday the system slowed down to a state where audio was breaking. 
Please let me know what all can be done. 

A:Upgrading Dell XPS 15 (L502X) hardware

Crucial states (and guarantees, if you buy via its memory configurator) 16 G. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19670850
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone I bought this PC about a year or ago and used it for gaming and some amazing multitasking With new games coming out and others adding new expansions it doesn t quite cut Studio Upgrading Dell XPS a 435MT it anymore I have already added more advanced cooling systems and am waiting for more RAM to show up in the mail but the main thing I want to do now is add a new Graphics Card and PSU to power the new graphics My budget will allow me to spend - dollars Upgrading a Dell Studio XPS 435MT on total I am a big fan of newegg com So I could really use some suggestions on what items to buy to make this happen One of the major constraints of this PC is the small box size I cant seem to find out the physical size of say a PSU that would fit into the box without causing any issues Also say a PSU that would still allow for proper cooling in my system Here is what I do know about my PC http support dell com support DPP Index aspx c us amp l en amp s dhs amp ServiceTag sz j Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell Optiplex running XP. My buddy just bought a Dell Vostro 3500 laptop (Win 7 ofcourse) that came with a Dell Windows 7 disk.

Since both machines are Dell, can I use his disk to upgrade myself to 7? I mean, would it work or would the OS be asking for a license key? I feel like it would work like a charm but don't wanna go through the whole process unless I'm sure.

A:[SOLVED] Upgrading Dell PC to Win 7, will it work?

Only if you have a legitimate Product Key. His will not work on your machine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-upgrading-dell-pc-to-win-7-will-it-work-548689.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I was just wondering if u can even upgrade a Dell Dimension 1100 With a new video card. but it only has PCI slots... also wondering what would be the best PCI card to buy for gaming?(To run the sims 2) With in around $100 or so canadian...

I heard that u cant disable the intergraded video card on dells is this true???

Thanks

A:Need some help upgrading a Dell Dimension 1100

Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49032

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-upgrading-a-dell-dimension-1100.49070/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a dell dimension 8400, purchased 2.5 years ago. It has a radeon 300 pci express x16 (128mb) video card. I am running windows xo with media center 2005. Picture quality is poor. I have started looking for better video card. Dell sales rep says, the card to use is radeon x1300 256 mb ddr2 pci express graphics card. Turns out most cards won't fit slot. Is there a better product out there that will fit? i am looking to keep it down to less than $150. Dell is selling the above for $99 + shipping. I am not much of a gamer, this is used 99% for cable tv and recording programs to dvd. Thanks, brad

A:Upgrading videocard on Dell desktop

You can do an online scan
http://www.powerleap.com/downloads/exe/InSPECS.exe

Which may also help you determine the best card sort after

Once you have allowed and ran the scan (you may have to re-run it after installing ActiveX so forth)
You can then select your Video card on the LHS, which will in turn show updates on the RHS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-videocard-on-dell-desktop.98841/
Relevancy 45.15%

Upgrading My DELL Dimension 4700

Hi, I want to upgrade my dell dimension 4700 with a new video card and more RAM. Can I upgrade it to the nvidia 8600gt and 2gb or Ram. Also what brands should I get for them and where?

A:Upgrading Dell Dimension 4700

The dimension 4700 has an integrated graphics chipset, It does however have a black PCI-E express slot also, so yeah you can put an 8600GT in there. 2GB of RAM should be fine also.

If your after quality ram at an affordable price, I'd get Corsair Value Select RAM. Corsair is one of the most respected memory manufacturers in the world.

For the video card, if u wanted a cheaper option i'd go Gigabyte or something. If you wanted a big brand card, then ASUS, XFX and BFG are big names in gfx cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-dimension-4700.97253/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell XPS 410 Computer. My computer is a Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 1.80 GHZ, 1.79 GHZ 1 GB of ram computer. Is it worth it to upgrade. I would like to upgrade to a at least 2.5 or 3.0 if possible. I not into buying a new computer right now, as I want to save my money to get a new laptop computer instead.

What would be the best option out there. Any help would be great.

A:Upgrading processor for my Dell XPS 410 computer

If you can find a Q6600 or Q6700, those are the only two quad core processors that will work in your PC. All other quad core processors are 1333 MHz and requires a motherboard that supports the frequency.

XPS 410 Processor Upgrade
Dell XPS 410/9200 Processor Upgrade
Just remember the motherboard you have does not support processors with a 1333 MHz FSB. Make sure if you buy a CPU upgrade, it has either a 800 MHz or 1066 MHz FSB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-processor-for-my-dell-xps-410-computer.185479/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I have a old computer Dell optiplex GX I really wanna upgrade it so I can play games like Combat Arms Crossfire CSS and mainly free Fps But Im not sure if my computer hardware is upgradable ------------------------------------------------ Microprocessor Microprocessor type Intel Pentium and Celeron design GX2700 optiplex Dell Upgrading my provides for future Dell-supported upgrades A slower compatibility speed can Upgrading my Dell optiplex GX2700 be set through system setup Level L data cache KB Level L cache -KB -KB -KB or -MB depending on your computer configuration pipelined-burst eight-way set associative write-back SRAM Memory Type - and -MHz DDR SDRAM Memory connectors small form-factor computer small desktop computer small mini-tower computer Memory capacities -MB Upgrading my Dell optiplex GX2700 -MB -MB or -GB non-ECC Minimum memory MB Maximum memory small form-factor computer GB small desktop computer GB small mini-tower computer GB BIOS address F h Computer Information Chip set Intel G Data bus width bits Address bus width bits Interrupt levels BIOS chip -MB NIC Gigabit integrated network interface with ASF support as defined by DMTF Capable of communication Green amp A good connection exists between a -Mbps network and the computer Orange amp A good connection exists between a -Mbps network and the computer Yellow amp Upgrading my Dell optiplex GX2700 A good connection exists between a Gb or -Mbps connection Off amp The computer is not detecting a physical connection to the network or the controller is disabled in System Setup System clock - - or -MHz quad-data rate - - or -MHz matches external bus speed Video Type Integrated chipset video or expansion AGP card Audio Type AC Stereo conversion -bit analog-to-digital -bit digital-to-analog Controllers Hard drive dual-channel Serial ATA supporting one device per channel Ultra ATA dual-channel bus master EIDE supporting one or two devices per channel depending on your computer Expansion Bus Bus type PCI AGP USB Bus speed PCI MHz AGP MHz Small form-factor computer low-profile cards are supported card size cm inches high by cm inches long AGP connector one connector size pins connector data width maximum bits bus protocols x x modes at V PCI connector one connector size pins connector data width maximum bits Small desktop computer two half-length PCI cards card size cm inches high by cm inches long one low-profile AGP card card size cm inches high by cm inches long AGP connector one connector size pins connector data width maximum bits bus protocols x x modes at V PCI connectors two connector size pins connector data width maximum bits Small mini-tower computer card sizes three PCI slots support cards up to cm inches long and one PCI slot and the AGP slot support cards up to cm inches long AGP connector one connector size pins connector data width maximum bits bus protocols x x modes at V PCI connectors four connector size pins connector data width maximum bits Drives Externally accessible Small form-factor computer one bay for a slimline floppy drive one bay for a slimline CD DVD drive Small desktop computer one -inch bay one -inch bay Small mini-tower computer two -inch drive bays two -inch drive bays Internally accessible Small form-factor computer one bay for a -inch-high hard drive Small desktop computer one bay for a -inch-high hard drive Small mini-tower computer two bays for -inch high hard drives Connectors External connectors Serial -pin connector C-compatible Parallel -hole connector bidirectional Video -hole connector Network adapter RJ connector PS keyboard and mouse -pin mini-DIN USB two front-panel and six back-panel USB amp compliant connectors Audio three connectors for line-in line-out and microphone one front-panel connector for headphones System board connectors Primary IDE drive -pin connector Secondary IDE drive -pin connector Serial ATA -pin connector Secondary Serial ATA not available on the small form-factor or small desktop computers -pin... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, im after info on the dell motherboard model 0u990c to find out what cpu i can upgrade to. I read any core 2 duo would work but not exceeding 800mhz fsb. also ive read that i cant exceed 4 gb ram? current cpu is pentium t4200. theres a t4500 @ 2.3ghz but im after a little more if possible. also its a socket p. chipset is intel gm965. bios is dell a16. theres 667mhz ram installed, but the ive read the fsb is 800mhz? any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Upgrading cpu. need info on dell motherboard.

Quote: Originally Posted by abs4nz

Hey, im after info on the dell motherboard model 0u990c to find out what cpu i can upgrade to. I read any core 2 duo would work but not exceeding 800mhz fsb. also ive read that i cant exceed 4 gb ram? current cpu is pentium t4200. theres a t4500 @ 2.3ghz but im after a little more if possible. also its a socket p. chipset is intel gm965. bios is dell a16. theres 667mhz ram installed, but the ive read the fsb is 800mhz? any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi abs4nz,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know the model number of the system you have so we can check and provide you with the relevant information.

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Please provide us this information so that we can be in a better position to understand and resolve this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304634-upgrading-cpu-need-info-dell-motherboard.html
Relevancy 45.15%

A buddy of mine just got a free computer to put in his shop and I ve been doing some work on it for him The system itself is a Dell build but it s not too bad he only needs it for certain things like surfing the web listening to music videos ripping and burning CD s etc I told him that he should let me upgrade the RAM since the system is lacking badly only MB DDR single channel I recommended at least a gig of DDR since it s so inexpensive My question is since RAM is really RAM A In Dell Single Channel Upgrading not my thing is it possible to upgrade the memory in this thing to faster Upgrading Single Channel RAM In A Dell dual channel modules or is he stuck with the snail RAM I ran CPU-Z and got the specs on the RAM mhz or something I d like to hook him up with a decent pair of PC sticks or something but I don t know if they re compatible with the board The system does use a socket LGA processor so would I be okay with any kind of DDR memory single or dual channel Any help is appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Upgrading Single Channel RAM In A Dell

" I ran CPU-Z and got the specs on the RAM, 133mhz or something."

You ARE kidding aren't you? Either it is 133 or it isn't.

Why not go to the Dell site and use the computer service tag and get the real deal on what you have and can add?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-single-channel-ram-in-a-dell.112240/
Relevancy 45.15%

hey guys this is my current pc
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4600/en/4600/sm/specs.htm#1084976

and this is what i plan on replacing, i already got my soundcard, sounblaster x-fi
just wondering if you can throw your eye over it and see im making the right decisions in the right combination and will it be the best hardware to future proof my pc for years to come, thank you

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx...de=1&NavigationKey=11143,4294959071&InMerch=1

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4MM7&PageMode=1

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx...geMode=1&NavigationKey=11150,50113,4294959239

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx...1021&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11021&InMerch=1

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade my Dell Dimesnion 3000 Desktop (due to tight budget and being unable to buy a new computer) so it's able to play some more modern pc games (i.e. civ iv or civ v) but i'm not really much of a tech geek when it comes to computer hardware upgrades and i was wondering if you guys can recommend what i should get to upgrade the dimension 3000 best.
My PC Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
70 GB of Memory Available

Thanks!

A:Need help upgrading Dell Dimension 300 desktop

Well I hate to be that guy, but your PC really outdated. I understand being on a tight budget but upgrading that machine would cost much more then buying something a bit more modern.

The motherboard (Socket 478) will limit you to the older Pentium 4 CPUs.
You are also limited to DDR RAM and a PCI (not to be confused with PCIE) video bus.

Honestly it is not be possible to upgrade the machine to play Civ 5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-upgrading-dell-dimension-300-desktop.161855/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I am using dell inspiron n4030 laptop with intel i3 processor , 500 gb hard disk and 4gb ram (2*2)
Presently I am planning to upgrade RAM of my laptop, I came across many post that maximum expandable capacity for n4030 is 6gb, whereas in some post it was mentioned one slot has a capacity of 4gb so you can expand it to a max 8gb. This made me really confusing.
Can anyone help me with this please??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983472
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey all first 1700 Vostro Upgrading Dell time post sorry for the newbie questions I m headed off to college in about a month I ve had Upgrading Dell Vostro 1700 a dell vostro for about five months and am very pleased with it unfortunately it was a gift and the person who gave it to me didnt get the best options so i d like to upgrade it to be more of a gaming machine money is a factor so i dont need it to be the highest-end equipment on the market but enough to run games at a fairly high quality and without many problems Specs Vista Home Premium would be willing to downgrade if it makes THAT much of a difference Nvidia Geforce M GS GB RAM plan to upgrade to Intel Core Duo T GHZ If any other info is required let me know Thanks in advance for all the help Also I dont know if some of this stuff is isnt upgradeable I dont think anything is integrated but i ve seen conflicting specs The only integrated item I saw was DAC type Integrated RAMDAC and i have no idea what this is thanks again nbsp

A:Upgrading Dell Vostro 1700

Hey try this little online tool : http://www.powerleap.com/downloads/exe/InSPECS.exe

It checks your specs and then suggests upgrades to it
I'm not suggesting you take those options, but the info is quite good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-vostro-1700.110241/
Relevancy 45.15%

As you might know, i'm quite fed up with laptops. Not one of the three laptop's i've owned didn't make it a year without some kind of power issue. Two had broken power jacks (note i never move the laptops) and one started smoking when I was using it. So I want to upgrade my older Dell OptiPlex 210L desktop. I'm thinking about upgrading to 2 GB RAM, getting a new hard drive, DVD drive, and CMOS battery. Anything else you would recommend? I would like to be able to play minecraft on it, but its an older computer, so i'm not hopeful. It would mostly be for web browsing, simple games, watching DVDs, HTML coding, ect.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have done just 7x64 Upgrading Dell x32 410 to Vista from XPS about as much research as one person could do on the subject and I am fortunately for my nerves coming to a fairly firm understanding of what I can cannot should should not do in regards to my situation Here's what I am left with I am currently running Win Vista x on my Dell XPS Here are the specs -Dell Dimension DXP -Intel Upgrading Dell XPS 410 from Vista x32 to 7x64 Core Quad CPU Q GHz GHz Number of processer cores - GB Ram PC - X GB Sticks with dual channel slots - GB Internal Hard Drive -NVIDIA GeForce GS Stock GFX Card died and I replaced it with this less than a year ago -Windows Vista Home Premium -bit -bit capable compatible -Intel P Chipset As you can tell I have not been running this rig to it's full potential and to be honest I didn't even realize what it was capable of until about week ago Here's what I know I can do from here Install Win x Clean Install SDD Hard Drive and install W Retail Copy to new drive Install up to gb ram with certainty regardless of what dell documentation and crucial says I know the chipset I mentioned can support gb I have seen countless posts of users with the same system running gb and I can physically put gb ram in the system Bear in mind that as the amount of money it takes to effectively do what I have listed above goes up the worth goes down I purchased the machine in and the goal here is to optimize for less than it would cost to build a better system Now these are the only things that I am still struggling with Upgrade Retail or OEM - The popular suggestion to avoid any potential license related issues would be for me to buy the retail copy of Win as the independent liscense would prove valuable and only then would Microsoft offer tech support from -bit to -bit install per microsoft -Upgrade - Now this really only becomes important when it comes down to looking ahead If I buy the upgrade it is my understanding that the I spend on that software will be eaten up by this machine and this machine alone and that if anything were to happen where I needed to reboot from disc I would have to start with Vista every time then upgrade to Win This does not seem appealing -Retail - This proves to be the best in regards to planning ahead but the worst for cost effectiveness in the NOW in relation to how much I am putting into an old machine -OEM - Independent license but I am again bound to this machine Is that correct Now here is how I end up looking at this If I spend the to upgrade and it works I just saved If I spend to upgrade and it doesn't work I will spend another on the OEM for my new build but potentially over time If I plop down the now I won't have any problems until they release Windows seems like it could happen fairly soon Which option would you go with New HD SSD or bigger faster HDD - I will make this easy right now In regards to budget I am ONLY potentially interested in purchasing an SSD for the OS due to how expensive they are right now I have already spent on an -TB on an external hard drive in preparation for this switch and data storage in the future Including this new external hard drive I have a total of TB of space Would there be any point to having only an SSD big enough for OS and using old HDD for all applications and files At the end of the day I am just looking for the best approach as far as spending goes Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Upgrading Dell XPS 410 from Vista x32 to 7x64

1. Retail
2. Ssd & Hdd

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/219947-upgrading-dell-xps-410-vista-x32-7x64.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm thinking about getting some new parts and wanted to know what was compatible with my motherboard and what wasn't.

My Specs:
http://support.dell....ecs.htm#1106182

Internal Hard Drive: Compatible?
http://www.newegg.co...8-451-_-Product

RAM: Compatible?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820148089

Sound Card:
Don't really need one; I'm fine with the one I have.

Graphics/Video Card: Compatible?
http://www.newegg.co...7-056-_-Product

Mouse/Keyboard: Compatible?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16823155028

Power Supply: Compatible?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817371026

Relevancy 45.15%

I just got a new video card and power supply to support the video card, but i don't know how many watts my motherboard can take. Could anyone help me figure that out because i couldn't find it on my bios.

A:Help with Upgrading a Dell Dimension E510

The M/b will only take how much watts it needs, even if you had a thousand watt PowerSupply.
It came with a 305 W Power Supply
Anything better than that will do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-upgrading-a-dell-dimension-e510.108759/
Relevancy 45.15%

I ll start off by saying I bought my laptop back in Upgrading Inspiron 15 Dell (5558) Oct of and I Upgrading Dell Inspiron 15 (5558) ve nbsp been using my Inspiron daily and most part it gets the job done I m able to use my Wacom Bamboo easily and Adobe Flash works well enough but takes a minute to open I ve noticed the HDD is starting to show its age already Bootup takes minutes now and the Disk is constantly running at when only Chrome is open I m no tech expert but seems to be Upgrading Dell Inspiron 15 (5558) early signs of hard drive failure even though it barely leaves my desk and has about GB TB free So I hopped on Amazon to get a replacement SSD Upgrading Dell Inspiron 15 (5558) a SATA USB connector and a GB thumbdrive nbsp for backup amp recovery This is my first upgrade I ve been looking up videos but just don t wanna mess anything up when I take the TB HDD out and put the SSD in there Will I be safe making a backup of Windows to the GB thumbdrive nbsp then proceeding to replace the HDD for a clean install of Windows Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997177
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello.
I have a Dell Dimension E530 that came with XP Home installed. They provided me with re-install and drivers disks.
I don't believe it's compatible with Windows 7 (although I could be wrong even though I checked with the Win7 upgrade utility) and would therefore like to upgrade to XP Pro. I just replaced the harddrive and re-installed XP Home, but I want the fuller features of XP Pro with out all the other Dell software that is usually "included".
I would think that installing XP Pro and grabbing the needed drivers off my disk or the 'net should work sufficiently. But I wonder whether Dell's hardware configurations are "proprietary" to an OS that has been configured by Dell.
Am I way out in left field here?!?
Any guidance is appreciated.
Thank you.
Thom

A:Upgrading Dell Operating System

But I wonder whether Dell's hardware configurations are "proprietary" to an OS that has been configured by Dell.Nope. You can proceed as intended.The latest drivers can easily be sourced from the Dell Support site.As far as Win XP drivers are concerned, the only variation would be with the 32bit and 64bit releases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417726/upgrading-dell-operating-system/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 1525 from Windows XP SP1 32bit to Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. However, I don't know if everything is compatible and if I can find the drivers for the laptop somewhere for windows 7. I do have the original Windows XP SP1 32bit driver cd.

Here are the specs:

Operating System
Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00GHz
Penryn 45nm Technology

RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0U990C (Microprocessor)

Graphics
Plug and Play Monitor ([email protected])
Plug and Play Monitor ([email protected])
Intel Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family (Dell)
Intel Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family (Dell)

Storage
298GB Hitachi HTS543232L9A300 (SATA)
3GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device (USB)

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T40N

Audio
Intel High Definition Audio HDMI

A:Upgrading my Dell Inspiron 1525

Do you know if that machine is Win 7 compatible at all, drivers aside?

I wouldn't get frantic about drivers.

Your Windows install disc should have most of them; you might get a few more from Windows Update.

I would go to Dell's website and download your Ethernet (NIC) driver in case Windows doesn't install it. It's the most important driver as you need it to get on the net.

Of course, it wouldn't do any harm to download all possible drivers from Dell, but I wouldn't necessarily install them. See how Windows own drivers do for you.

After you install and get updated, inspect the functionality of your hardware and take a look in Device Manager. If anything is goofy at that time, then look around for other drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/354372-upgrading-my-dell-inspiron-1525-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i'm new here!!

Well 'im thinking to upgrade the Mobo of this old PC

MotherBoard:

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Thats the mobo, with an I5 750 Processor and Corsair 550 Watts

This will work in that case....?

P.S: I'm not too good with the english

A:Upgrading a Dell Dimension 3000

You have to make sure the form factor will fit your case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_form_factor
That mobo wil not fit into your old case, you should just buy a new cheap case that fits your new mobo's form factor and swap everything over. Make sure you have enough ide\sata cables with your new mobo to connect your devices such as your cd rom, floppy drive hard drive etc. If you need to you can buy cheap sata to ide converters and ide to sata.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-a-dell-dimension-3000.147163/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, 
             I presently have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @1.87GHz 1.87 GHz. I also have 12 GB ram. As I recall all the slots are filled, making up the 12 GB ram. Can I exchange that in this model to use the slots for a higher amount, & if so how much will that improve the overall computer's performance. I'm assuming this is something if possible that wouldn't be extremely difficult to do myself. Finally what is the recommended ram? 
Thanks, in advance for any input.
Rob_D  

A:Upgrading Ram in Dell precision M6500?

You can go up to 32G (you must now have 2X2 and 2X4) by installing four 8 G soDIMMs -- that said, you're not likely to see a major boost in doing so unless you're using extremely RAM- intensive applications such as large spreadsheets or databases.
If the system is running a conventional hard drive, replacing that with a solid state drive will produce far more of a boost.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986244
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Dell Vostro 3900 with Win 8.1 OEM Home and after upgrading to Win 10 most of Dell Audio settings are gone (I can configure only sound and mic volume). No equalizer and default sound is very primitive (i want bass and padded cell effects).  Also i can not find any Win 10 driver/software updates in the Dell Support section.
Don't tell me about downloading the off-driver from Realtek site, because your Dell-build hardware was modified and isn't fully compatible with the original drivers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19989328
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card on my dell XPS 210.

i currently have a Radeon X1300/x1550.

i have 4gb of ram (4 x 1gb sticks)

Intel dual core 2.13ghz processor.
can someone please tell me of a suitable (and compatible) graphics cards within the region of 50-100

many thanks.

p.s enclosed a picture of my graphics card slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-upgrading-graphics-card-on-a-dell-xps-210.943719/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey Windows 7 Users. I want to make my Laptop a lot better and faster but I'm not sure on what to upgrade. Take a look at my specs and could you tell me on what I could upgrade? I know that I cannot upgrade my Graphics Card because of Intel's Intergrated Cards but what else could I upgrade? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks and have a good day

A:Upgrading My Dell Inspiron Laptop

They aren't cheap, but you will benefit from a SSD (solid state drive).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106116-upgrading-my-dell-inspiron-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone just a couple of questions if any one could do me the favor and help me. I currently have a dell inspiron M5030 and I would like to do a couple of things to it to improve the appearance and better performance. So here we go.

1.) where can I go to upgrade the ram? I currently have three and would love to upgrade to the maximum of 6. What brands should I be looking for that may be better then the Dell versions.

2.) I would like to try and replace the stock keyboard for something that lights up the keys. But please do not refer me to a external light. If it is not possible then could you direct me somewhere that has keyboards that will fit that have different colors, Styles etc...

Thank you again in advance

A:Upgrading ram in dell inspiron m5030, Please help

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com

Run the scan

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156928-upgrading-ram-dell-inspiron-m5030-please-help.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I recently purchased 2 gb worth of RAM to upgrade my Dell Dimension C521 that only had 512mb. I received the upgrade yesterday and attempted to install it myself. I removed the old RAM and place the two new RAM into my PC. I turned it on and all I got was a black screen and I heard a beeping noise. I powered down again and put the old RAM back in. THe computer came on and there was no beeping, but I still have a black screen. My monitor seems to be in powersave mode, all most like my PC doesn't recognize the monitor. I took the new RAM out and place the old one back in and it works fine.. Is this comomn? Am I doing something wrong? Need a little help!!

Thanks

Matt

Relevancy 45.15%

I need help upgrading my dell dimension 3000 desktop computer. I already upgraded the memory to 2 GB (the most it can hold) and the graphics card to a PNY GeForce 5200 256mb PCI card. Now i am wondering what the best move would be to add. would it be a proccesor, a motherboard, or something else. I do not want to buy a new computer and I am going to use it as a school computer. I also would like to be able to play the game "Last Chaos". please help.

P.S. the game URL is lastchaos.aeriagames.com

A:Upgrading Dell Dimension 3000

Well what is your current processor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-dimension-3000.128645/
Relevancy 45.15%

Please help me! I've been given an ex-company Dell PC running Windows 2K which is password protected on BIOS the company no longer exists so I can't find out the login details and I don't want to force the login with some dodgy password cracking software. I've decided to upgrade the H/D and re-install a later version of Windows (XP). The old H/D is a Western Digital WD400-75PCFO 40GB IDE. The Processor is an Intel 4. What compatible H/D can I replace it with to run XP?

Relevancy 45.15%

I need some help deciding on a graphics card for my I have read some threads and need more input Here s what I ve got Dell Dimension P GHZ Ultra sharp quot lcd currently displaying x MB PCI-E X ATI RADEON X GB SATA RPM x DVD -RW GB DDR SDRAM AT MHZ Windows Media Center Edition What I am currently using my computer for is video picture editing surfing web and playing with a rc flight sim which brings up my next statement The flight sim I have is an older version and it doesn t run very well it does ok but not perfect I also am using my quot plasma p as a second moniter through the vga out help upgrading 8400 dell Solved: on my card and running my moniter through the dvi I am planning on purchasing a newer version of the flight sim and need to upgrade the graphics card and passibly add a gigs of ram why not for I don t really want to have to upgrade my psu and was looking at the http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I am not sure if it will fit or if there are better options Any help will be used and appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I am wondering how many slots there are for RAM in this laptop.
Where are they, and how many gigabytes of ram can each slot handle?  Thanks.

A:Upgrading RAM in Dell Inspiron 15R (N5010)

Here is a link to show how to change the memory outsupport.dell.com/.../memory.htm
Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 (non-ECC)Maximum Memory: 8GBSlots: 2Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-12800 with a maximum of 4GB per slot.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19431850
Relevancy 45.15%

I wanted to upgrade my PSU and get a new graphics card
will this work

DELL Inspiron 580s Tower Power Supply PSU

and

Newegg.com - Palit NE5S4500F0601 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card GPU

A:Upgrading Dell Inspiron 580s PSU

The graphics card needs one 6 pin PCI-E power connector. The PSU that you specify has none, although the molex to PCI-E adaptor that is included with the card will probably serve.

Newegg lists the card as "deactivated". Do you have another source?

I hesitate to recommend trying to upgrade a small form factor system like the 580s into a capable gaming system, but it's your money.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/193237-upgrading-dell-inspiron-580s-psu.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Can I upgrade my inspiron 531 Dell dual core machine to a quad core? I have been looking on
tigerdirect.com and I saw a Quad Core processor. If I can, how do I choose the proper processor
for my machine upgrade. Can I upgrade by changing processors only or will I have to consider buying other hardware for this upgrade?

Thank you,

A:Upgrading Dell Inspiron 531 to Quad Core?

Find out what motherboard you have and what processors it supports. In general, Dell boards are not good candidates for this kind of upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-dell-inspiron-531-to-quad-core.964736/
Relevancy 44.72%

can anyone help me i want to upgrade my graphics so it can play games like the sims 2, dawn of war but my dell 3000's graphics are absolutly terrible .
Anyone know a good card that doesnt cost to much cheers.

A:I need help upgrading mi dell dimension 3000's graphics

Hi jeremy and welcome to techspot

there isn't much you can do graphics wise on that machine.

good graphics cards come in PCI-Express (newer) or AGP (older). your Dimension3000 doesn't have either, it only has standard PCI slots.

you can get a PCI graphics card, but it will never be very good. even if the card itself has good specs it will always be severely limited by the slow and bandwidth starved PCI bus.

however... graphics don't get much worse than Intel integrated graphics (like dells use), so even a PCI graphics card would be a significant improvement.

as far as I know, the best PCI graphics card is the geforce 6200

while that card is cheap and may allow you to play certain games. it will only allow you to play on low settings. if you want to get into gaming, you should consider a computer upgrade. if you're budget is really tight, you may be able to get away with upgrading the mobo and video card and reusing the rest.

good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-upgrading-mi-dell-dimension-3000s-graphics.53793/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey folks I m looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will work with what I ve got and give me what I want I recently bought a Nvidia gt AGP which 4600? Dell video card Upgrading on worked well but Nvidia has recently discontinued the Full Screen Video Mirror ability from its series and later cards Sucks so this card will not work for what I need it for It s getting returned soon Heads up for anyone considering getting a new Nvidia card I ve got a humble HTPC which doubles as my regular desktop so I d like a card that can stream high quality video I wouldn t mind being able to play the few Upgrading video card on Dell 4600? video games I ve got but mainly I need a solid card for my home theater system It doesn t need to be fantastic just good enough to play without artifacts and stuttering My system specifications I m not working with much Dell watts Gb Ram Pentium GHz APG or PCI connectors Though I will be getting a HDTV within the year as of right now my TV only has component or S-Video imputs Budget About including any other necessary upgrades like a power supply I d rather not upgrade the power supply if I can avoid it The GT worked fine except for the lack of full screening grrrrrr So I d love any recommendations you guys have I m gonna stay away from Nvidia as I have heard that they have disabled this full screen mode on all of their newer drivers cards I guess that means I m looking at an ATI I heard the ATi Radeon X XT AGP was pretty solid and in my price range but I m not sure that it will fit in my case It looks like it requires spaces--one for the card and the other for the fan Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Elliott nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-video-card-on-dell-4600.950626/
Relevancy 44.72%

Yes, an old Dell Dimension 2400. New motherboard, hard drive, more memory, etc.

I've tried to clone the drive and all I get is a blue screen on the new system.

And, yes, even as I typed this out it does seem a little silly to upgrade that much and not upgrade the OS as well

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76285 MB, Free - 29541 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0G1548
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Solved: Upgrading a Dell Dimension 2400

The OS will almost certainly be tied to the old motherboard
ALSO
the chipset drivers and other drivers will not be correct for a new motherboard

so a New OS will be needed

try UBUNTU - at least that will see if the hardware is working - and its free

------------------------------------------------------------------------

UBUNTU Stand Alone CD

NOTE : version Ubuntu 12.04

It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
This will at least test the Hardware and also see if you can see the Harddrive and possibly get data off.

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

You can also run from a USB device now - if the Machine supports booting off a USB Stick
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

full details are here (Note this is for version 9 - so the start up options are slightly different )
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
Select a location
then begin download
Save the file onto your PC – remember where you saved it – so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/ - Choose the option Write image file to disc
OR
you can use this stand alone ISO Burner to burn the ubuntu onto CD ftp://terabyteunlimited.com/burncdcc.zip

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see a screen - with Language on the left panel and two option images labelled

== > Try ubuntu
== > Install ubuntu

You can try Ubuntu without making any changes to your computer, directly from this CD

Use "Try ubunto" ONLY. This option will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat, only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

NOTE: if you only see a black screen - then this is a known issue, and can be resolved by using the following:-
On some hardware configurations, you need to set some kernel parameters for ubuntu to boot or work properly. A common one is nomodeset, which is needed for some graphic cards that otherwise boot in to a black screen or corrupted splash, acpi_osi= to fix lcd backlight and other problems.
full details are here
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

If you press the F6 key, a menu at the bottom will open allowing you to set kernel options with the space bar or enter key. You can close the menu with escape key and resume booting by selecting the option “try ubuntu without installing” (please note that session does allow you to install ubuntu once you found the kernel options cured your problem).
If everything worked OK and you should be on the ubuntu desktopClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrading-a-dell-dimension-2400.1092510/
Relevancy 44.72%

As stated above I have a Dell PrecisionT with Intel Xeon quad core processors E GHz I T5400 on on I need my the upgrading CPU's Precision Dell advice am running a bit version of Windows Ultimate and have GB of ram memory installed I recently I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 had a hard drive failure so I replaced my boot up drive with a solid state of GB for a quick start-up and I plan to add another solid state drive for my frequently used software Then I will add a Western Digital TB drive for data and what not that I don t access very often maybe some movies and records etc the computer is I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 set up for or hard drives and I already have the terabyte drive so why not use it I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 I am pretty sure my power supply is about watt so I have all the power I should think I will ever need My main question is that I want to upgrade my CPU s and I don t know how high I can safely upgrade them I also want to upgrade my video card as this unit is dependent upon a plug in card it has no integrated video but I know that is a different section on the forum If I could get some advice on upgrading my CPU s I would greatly appreciate it I am afraid that I may not be able to get much more performance out of this model but my desires are meager I have found that I enjoy creating websites and blogs so I want to teach myself with the materials I can find online It is surprising at the free information you can get to teach yourself if you are only willing Please forgive me for going on I desperately need some advice on this upgrade if anyone could spare me a few moments to point me in the right direction Basically I need to know where to find the information on how far I can upgrade the CPU s and I believe the RAM can be upgraded to MB but I may not need quite that much I also need to find a good deal on a video card I know that is for another forum but I seem to get the worst luck when it comes to obtaining a good video card Please feel free to offer any advice I am sincerely grateful for any help Eric nbsp

A:I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400

I have a few computers and none of them come anywhere near yours so I'm puzzled that you feel any pressure to upgrade. There may be some interesting developments next year with Windows 10 and new hardware worth splashing out on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-on-upgrading-the-cpus-on-my-dell-precision-t5400.207724/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys my Dell has been running ridiculously slow recently and rather reinstall XP which i know is not supported anymore i was thinking of installing the bit Windows The Dell just barely meets the minimum requirements I just have a few hopefully very simple questions When I originally installed Windows XP on this machine i needed to install the various drivers motherboard sound wi-fi would Windows have most of these drivers already or do I have to go hunting to 7 D430 Windows (2005) Upgrading Dell on for the Windows version of these drivers The Dell site only provides drivers for XP Vista for the D How do i know which drivers to look for Should i make a list of all Upgrading to Windows 7 on Dell D430 (2005) my hardware before I install windows How will i know what is missing when I install windows Device manager Is it a good idea to install windows I have a been a devoted fan of XP for a long time and only now am considering Windows but maybe my machine can handle the pressure I read on a forum that it is a good idea to run diagnostics to see if my slow computer has issues I suppose this is a good idea before i attempt to install windows Thanks in advance for your help guys im stumped here on what to do

A:Upgrading to Windows 7 on Dell D430 (2005)

Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor this will tell you if your computer supports Windows 7. If Dell does not have driver support for Windows 7, then it probably won't work. Though Windows 7 does load most of the drivers you need and most Vista drivers will work if none others are available.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-to-windows-7-on-dell-d430-2005-a-605837.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with a Dell 0FM586 motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 3MB memory. I'm currently using the integrated graphics, but I'd like to upgrade to the Nvidia XFX GeForce 9600 GSO video card. So, I have two questions:
I will also have to replace my existing 350-watt power supply. Can you recommend a reliable, affordable power supply in the 550-watt range? (I already bought the Rocketfish RF-550WPS. Will it be sufficient?)Has anyone had any experience with this setup (a Dell Inspiron 530 with an Nvidia XFX GeForce 9600 GSO video card)? They are compatible, correct?I used to build my own computers, but it's been a while and technology has come a long way since then. I don't even know what Nvidia's SLI technology is, so I'm assuming that this is not an issue here....

Any light that anyone can shed on my concerns would be most greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Dave

A:Upgrading Graphics Card in Dell Inspiron 530

Hi DMMoulton, welcome to the board.

As long as your board has a PCI exp 16 slot it will support the GPU. 550w PSU is quite sufficient for one 9600. Don't know much about if Rocketfish is a reliable brand though.

Computer now and then is basically the same in principle.

Enjoy,

Bruce

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212282-upgrading-graphics-card-dell-inspiron-530-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Primarily interested in CPU upgrade at this time. I downloaded CPU-Z to determine my specs, and am providing this stitched-together set of screenshots from that program:

I just upgraded the CPU on my friend's Dimension 5150 with success. I would like to replicate that on my 2400 - a much weaker machine. This computer is primarily used for casual internet browsing and occasionally watching a Youtube video. The only programs that really tax the CPU are my disk defragmentation and the program CCleaner. When I have a large internet browsing session of 100+ tabs, the CPU is also taxed at that time. 
I would like to max out this computer using cheap upgrades parts I can buy on eBay. On my friend's 5150, I bought an upgrade CPU for $5 shipped and a thermal paste from ebay for 80 cents. I wouldn't mind buying a cheap video card and a CPU to upgrade this old workhorse

A:Upgrading old Dell Dimension 2400 CPU, GPU, Memory, etc.

sva50233
 The Dimension 2400 can use either 400MHz or 533MHz, Socket 478, P-4 Northwood, or Celeron processors with a 512k or smaller cache.
You cannot use any Prescott processors [1mb cache].
The maximum supported processor is the P-4 Northwood, 533MHz, Socket 478, 3.06 GHz.
Prior to upgrading the processor, check that you have the latest BIOS version installed.
Regards to the video card, only PCI cards are supported, no PCI Express cards are supported.
The Dimension 2400 supports a maximum of 2GB [2x1gb Modules] of DDR memory.
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19638526
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello! As the title states I have an Inspiron 620 and I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card to something that will give me good frame rates in World of Warcraft (40-60+). I just upgraded the power supply (I now have an EVGA 600w) and I also have 8 GB of RAM with an Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.30 GHz processor. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19987210
Relevancy 44.72%

I have Vista 32 bit Home premium on a Dell Inspiron. I am trying to use the Dell Upgrade Assistant to make the upgrade to W7. The upgrade assistant DVD worked fine and said I was ready to upgrade to W7. I put in the W7 upgrade DVD and got the message that "installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows." I looked at the disk and it says "this DVD supports 64 bit edition only." What do I do to upgrade my 32 bit Vista to 32 bit W7? I do not want to do a complete "clean" install. I just want to update Vista to W7 and not have to reinstall my files and programs.

Anyone out there solve this Dell upgrade problem?

A:Upgrading from Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 on Dell Inspir

You have the 64-bit edition disc. You need the 32-bit edition disc. If you have a 64-bit processor, you can perform a clean install of Windows 7 with the upgrade disc. Otherwise, you need to grab the 32-bit disc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/73582-upgrading-vista-32-bit-windows-7-dell-inspir.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Folks,

Just looking for some advice on upgrading the spec on my laptop. I got it 3 years ago and is very poor when it comes to processing and playing games.

Pentium 2
1GB Ram
20Gb Hard drive (I can fill in the rest later)

Would I be better getting a new processor or graphics card?

Is it difficult to install these if I get the part(s)?
Is it even possible to upgrade the processor on these laptops?

Any advise welcome.

A:Solved: Upgrading Dell Inspiron 1100

You are pretty much out of luck. You cannot change the graphics; it is onboard.

Next even if you could change the cpu, you would need to deal with the extra heat the faster cpu generates. Laptops are designed to work with the hardware they have.

You CAN upgrade ram [if you have available slots] and install a larger hd. That is about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrading-dell-inspiron-1100.613065/
Relevancy 44.72%

I know this is a pretty old computer, but it still works for all the general emailing/surfing and odd iplayering! Starting to get a little slow. May be related to XP but already has 1GB memory in it but was wondering if doubling it to 2GB is really going to make much noticeable difference? As I hear the main difference is really just going from 512 to 1GB. The other option I was thinking was upgrading from XP to Windows 7. Thought it may make startup quicker but not sure how much faster it will be in general?

this is the memory I think crucial points me to:
http://www.ebuyer.com/106133-crucial...2kit12864aa667

would be about 27 with P&P

A:Upgrading memory on Dell dimension 3100

To go to windows 7 make sure there is even drivers for it and will it even support an upgrade to that.If not it will just be a lesson in futility finding drivers and it wont run right.If its that old just bump it to 1g of ram and stay with windows xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-memory-on-dell-dimension-3100.1057447/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello to everyone reading I am new to the particular forum and was hoping to for some input about my upgrade The more I read Card Dell Upgrading 4600 on Video on forums of this nature and websites has me more and more worried about upgrading my video card Upgrading Video Card on Dell 4600 Currently I only have factory integrated video This is the video card I am hoping can be installed XFX GeForce GT MB DDR AGP X VGA DVI TV Out My current specs are as follows Dell Dimension i BIOS - A date Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Pentium HT Ghz MHz FSB K L MB DDR SDRAM PC GB Hard Drive W PSU I would hate to spend on this video card only to find out the when I recieve it that it won t be compatible in some way with my system I have been Upgrading Video Card on Dell 4600 reading that this card takes up alot of room I have PCI slots and an AGP x slot but since I keep reading about the room it takes up it is a concern for me Also is my power supply I read that this card requires a connection to your PC s internal power supply in order to operate I went to my local computer store and the guy said that watts would be fine also that the card should work fine The posts in all the forums I have read seem to be back and forth on this issue Any help anyone can provide me is very very much appreciated If for some reason someone thinks this card might not be right for me please tell one that would be the best I can possibly get for my system Thanks so much in advance Nick nbsp

A:Upgrading Video Card on Dell 4600

I upgaded a dell 8200 video card and it worked fine I don't see why you should have any problem. But 250w sounds alittle on the down side. :bounce:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-video-card-on-dell-4600.21328/
Relevancy 44.72%

I want to upgrade my Dell 4600 video card. Im going to buy a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. I have a GeForce 5400 right now. I just want to know if it will work with my computer. Heres some specs:

Pentum 4 2.6 GHz
1 CD/DVD drive
1 Floppy drive
1.256 GB Ram
1 External HD
200 GB space (40 internal, 160 external)

Thanks for your help

A:Upgrading my Dell 4600 video card

as long a you have an AGP slot to put it in then it should work just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-dell-4600-video-card.40323/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Dell Dimension B110 computer with a cerlon D processor in it.
I also have the following old computer for parts.
Dell Dimension 2350 with a pentium 4 processor.
Dell Dimension 2400 with a pentium 4 processor.
Dell Dimension 4500 with a pentium 4 processor.
Gateway MFAT XPNT ESX 500$ PO4 with a pentium 4 processor.

I think the cerlon D processor is 2.5G Hertz

Can I use any of the pentium processors from the Dell
pentium computers to replace the cerlon D processor in the Dell B110 computer
to improve performance?
I would like the use the Dell Dim 2350 or the gateway.

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-a-dell-dimension-b110-processor.1104443/
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows Home Premium
came with 4gb ram
64 bit operating system.
Can i upgrade to 8g (2x-4gb)
Will the laptop use the extra 4 gigs or no?
i think it should be able to but just wondering

A:Upgrading Ram into a M5010 Dell Inspiron laptop

Can you upgrade to 8GB, yes.
Can your system use it - depends.  If you are running Windows 7 64-bit. then yes.  If your are running 32-bit, then no.
Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Slots: 2
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-12800 with a maximum of 8GB Kit (4GBx2) per slot

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19425935
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Can I install Gb of RAM on Dell Dimension Right now I have two memory slots and each slot comes with mb RAM So total is GB Every time I turn on my PC there s a weird sound coming out PC Spec Computer Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX c Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium J MHz x Motherboard Name Dell Dimension Motherboard 4700 for help Need Dimension Dell upgrading on Memory Chipset Intel Grantsdale-G i G System Memory TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce PCI-E Monitor Dell WFP Digital quot LCD F H S Multimedia Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD AD Intel FB ICH - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - IDE Controller Intel R FB FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - F Disk Drive WDC WD JD- HBB GB IDE Optical Drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive TSSTcorp CD-RW TS-H B SMART Hard Disks Status OK Memory Devices CHANNEL A DIMM Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Type SDRAM Type Detail Synchronous Size MB Speed MHz Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator CHANNEL A DIMM Memory Devices CHANNEL B DIMM Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Type SDRAM Type Detail Synchronous Size MB Speed MHz Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator CHANNEL B DIMM Memory Devices CHANNEL A DIMM Memory Device Properties Form Need help on upgrading Memory for Dell Dimension 4700 Factor DIMM Type SDRAM Type Detail Synchronous Speed MHz Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator CHANNEL A DIMM Memory Devices CHANNEL B DIMM Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Type SDRAM Type Detail Synchronous Speed MHz Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator CHANNEL B DIMM Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID lt DMI gt Motherboard Name Dell Dimension Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type Intel GTL Bus Width -bit Need help on upgrading Memory for Dell Dimension 4700 Real Clock MHz QDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit DRAM FSB Ratio Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth TRIAL VERSION MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type Intel Direct Media Interface North Bridge Properties North Bridge Intel Grantsdale-G i G Supported FSB Speeds FSB FSB Supported Memory Types DDR- SDRAM DDR- SDRAM DDR - SDRAM DDR - SDRAM Maximum Memory Amount GB Revision Stepping B Package Type Pin FC-BGA Package Size cm x cm Core Voltage V In-Order Queue Depth Memory Controller Type Dual Channel -bit Active Mode Dual Channel -bit Memory Timings CAS Latency CL T RAS To CAS Delay tRCD T RAS Precharge tRP T RAS Active Time tRAS T Refresh Period tREF us Error Correction ECC Not Supported ChipKill ECC Not Supported RAID Not Supported ECC Scrubbing Not Supported Memory Slots DRAM Slot MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DRAM Slot MB DDR - DDR SDRAM Integrated Graphics Controller Graphics Controller Type Intel GMA Graphics Controller Status Disabled PCI Express Controller PCI-E x port In Use x nVIDIA GeForce PCI-E p Video Adapter Click to expand nbsp