Windows Support Forum

IIS Problem with Windows XP new User

Q: IIS Problem with Windows XP new User

Hi I have IIS running on my Windows XP machine Problem new Windows XP IIS User with Until now I have had no problems A couple of days ago I added a new user account Now when I try to go to http localhost on the new user I get an error saying the page cannot be displayed By the way I know for sure that this has nothing to do with the actual coding of the page because I have tried it on many pages HTML PHP ASP I can still run it from my original user account though just not from the IIS Problem with Windows XP new User new one Also thought I would mention that I also can t run WS FTP Pro on my new account Again I can run it on the orignial account but not this one This account is not a limited account Both accounts are the same type the power-user something like that just not limited I think it has to do something with profiles for the users or other but I am not sure and this is really bothering me Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IIS Problem with Windows XP new User

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IIS Problem with Windows XP new User

Check whether the new account has access to the directory where you keep your html files. Maybe there's a permissions problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iis-problem-with-windows-xp-new-user.151718/
Relevancy 51.6%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
I currently have 5 user accounts on my windows vista 32-bit computer and I needed to create a new account. So, I logged onto the administrator account and created a new user account. Then, I logged off the administrator account and tried to log onto the new account. However, I received the following message
The user profile service failed the log on.
User profile can not be loaded.
After receiving the message I restarted the computer and attempted to log onto the new account but I received the same message.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

A:The user profile service Service failed the log on. User profile can not be loaded. Problem. Windows Vista 32-bit

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456439/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-log-on-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded-problem-windows-vista-32-bit/
Relevancy 44.29%

A sorry story - I went to download a copy of Opera now Virus, Windows profile update, user Windows and problem Genuine and must have Virus, Windows update, user profile and now Genuine Windows problem gone to a non-genuine site because all of a sudden I got a host of pop-ups inc one telling me about a wonderful quot Optimiser quot product Had a go at cleaning Virus, Windows update, user profile and now Genuine Windows problem the virus and then performed a windows update that had come along Next boot i have lost my user profile Long story short I think I have cleaned the virus fixed the user profile issue but now am lost in the non-genuine Windows nightmare Diagnostic report below Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr x Windows Product Key - -YYFRF-BT R -GVFPD Windows Product Key Hash H ceMu VtLDL p D Az t k Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID D EA-ED - - -CE BE BC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D EA-ED - - -CE BE BC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GVFPD lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt System Product Name lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run 'slui exe x a x ' to display the error text Error x Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp N A ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current NAAAAAEAAwABAAEAAQACAAAAAgABAAEAhFFMpc dMQmtWTHDtqAzzC ipvkrrKaqIc IQ OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Valu... Read more

A:Virus, Windows update, user profile and now Genuine Windows problem

If it gives you a access denied message while trying to activate windows; you may very well need to change the permissions for your user name in order for you to have access to it as windows 7 has quirks about having access to certain items even if your user name is a administrator. As for the non genuine windows thing; I strongly advise you in the future to never go to a non genuine site for any free browser. Always type the url directly into the address bar of the browser you use as that way you will encounter less issues. To get rid of the non genuine opera copy. I would download and install revo uninstaller from the link below and that should help to get rid of any registry entries in windows as well as the program folder:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/downl...e-portable.php

download, install, and run the uninstaller from the above link then do a google search for opera browser. Thats your best bet at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349221-virus-windows-update-user-profile-now-genuine-windows-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Writting this from my secondary laptop backstory Few 8 User log in Windows problem weeks ago my laptop keyboard broke lets say that it was destroyed my a small kid I havent used that pc for quite some time hoping to one day come back to it And now it is the day when i decided to fix it Problem im dealing with my default account administrators username was quot Admin quot and password quot XXX quot im not typing it out in forums Few hours ago when i opened this laptop and started to messing around with it First thing i notice was that administrators user is no longer quot Admin quot but quot CCC quot trying to type in password quot XXX quot ended up in failure too ended up comming up message with hit quot zzz quot and that is not the hint i set up Tried to change user but there is no quot change user quot thing available Readed up few guides how to change user involves logging into account itself which i cant and other involves troubleshoot option that windows offers and running cmd which i cant eighter because it askes for password i dont know Basicly i don't have administrator rights and most of troubleshoot tools will not work Tried Updated Figured out that my username Windows 8 User log in problem itself is change to quot Hi please enter your password quot Please help with this If there is still quot Admin quot user existing i want to see access it Yes simple way would be just totally wipe pc but i have importain personal information Windows 8 User log in problem there that i need to access Laptop information details Notebook model Compaq CQ Notebook PC Factory installed OS Win BIOS Version vendor F Insyde Cheers Leftas

A:Windows 8 User log in problem

It sounds like you have Malware on the system. Especially the "Hi %1 bit"

I would boot from a USB stick with virus scanners on it and run scans.

Edit: here is one resource for portable scanners. If you google there should be many reviews and links to additional free rescue USB tools:
Five portable antivirus and antimalware tools to carry with you at all times - TechRepublic

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/71957-windows-8-user-log-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
My problem is that I can't log in to Windows unless I disable my VGA card in safe-mode.
I have NVidia 820m (laptop). It was fine until my recent update of the driver. Now I uninstalled the driver then installed it again. But the problem is still there.
Would appreciate the help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-7-user-log-problem-4611461/
Relevancy 43.43%

After entering password, the following message pops up;

'The User Profile Service service failed the log on. User profile cannot be loaded'.

Selecting OK causes the computer to shut down only to restart almost immediately back at the password and the process repeats over again.

Computer is a Dell studio laptop with windows xp operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem-windows-xp.1106186/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

Hope you can help, a user gets a couple of RUN DLL errors when he logs into his PC.

They cant find certain DLL's on the PC, the user clicks OK and carry's on working.

I would just like the error pop-ups to stop if possible?

The location is:-

C:/Document and Settings/Username/Local System/App Data

the files are:-

aricoyuc.dll
fspirm.dll

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Chris

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all I hope you can offer me some help My computer crashed and after following the advice of a tech support guy from HP we ran the install for Windows XP again and went through all the steps It fixed my computer and I was able with XP Problem on user account Windows to get into Windows again but under a new User Account from the one I ve used for years All my stuff photos music documents still exist under the explore all users list and in the Control Panel Problem with user account on Windows XP my old account shows up It just doesn t show up as an option on the welcome screen and no rebooting or changing the password access will change that Problem with user account on Windows XP When I try to turn off the quot Use the Welcome Screen quot option under control panel and then go to log in with my old account name and password I get this error message quot The local policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively quot Any help would be much appreciated as I am anxious to get my computer up and running under my old familiar account if at all possible nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Am running Windows XP SP2

One of the user accounts is acting up. It won't let us change the background or any personal settings. The whole account is acting messed up. The taskbar looks like it's from windows 95 or something and the start menu is all grey and missing sections. Also, the internet (Internet explorer 7) refuses to accept new settings and always starts up to the onetime page.

Can't delete account and make new one as the problem just moves on to the user account made before the one you are deleting!!

Any help would be appreciated =)

A:Windows XP User Account Problem

Did you follow the steps in this MS article?
How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile
Note: You must sign in at least once to the New Account before you can copy the old profile, as the account folder is not created until it is signed into.
After copying the files, click on the New_Username folder, then click on the folder named Old_Username's Documents. Double click the Desktop.ini file, and change the line Owner=Old_Username to Owner=New_Username
Note that you will have to redo any customizations, i.e. wallpaper, colors, Folder Options, Cursors, etc.
Desktop.ini is a hidden file but if you followed the steps in the MS article your system should be set to display it.

Make sure you DO NOT copy the 3 ntuser files -- those are the ones with the corrupt settings.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-account-problem.699414/
Relevancy 43.43%

I ve had Windows for a long time and usually when I find a bug I can usually figure out a way around it or make it less annoying But now I have a slight problem that I cannot fix I guess I should start with my computer specs Dell Inspiron - purchased May came with OEM Windows Vista Home Basic later partitioned off a space for the Release Candidate of Windows after enjoying it used a registry hack to upgrade from the Ultimate RC to - 7 User Account Windows Problem the Professional RTM available Windows 7 - User Account Problem free from my college s MSDN AA account a while after that backed up everything wiped the hard drive and applied the backup of to the empty hard drive A few recovery reboots and I was back in business with no Vista Yay GB RAMIntel Core Duo processor GB hard driveNow that that s out of the way my problem is this I cannot quot Manage another account quot via the User Accounts gui I can only manage them using the command prompt net user username Yes I am an administrator I m the only user Even if I activate the Administrator account via the command prompt net user Administrator active yesand log in using it I still cannot quot Manage another account quot When I click the link nothing happens The quot Start Navigation quot click sounds and that s it I remember in Vista you could activate the Guest account add new accounts etc But for some strange reason Windows does not allow me to do that The only thing I can do on that screen is quot Change your password quot quot Remove your password quot quot Change your picture quot and quot Change User Account Control settings quot I cannot quot Change your account name quot quot Change your account type quot or quot Manage another account quot as I mentioned earlier I love Windows but this one little thing has irritated me since I got it To put you at ease I have an updated Anti-virus program Sunbelt Software run through Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional updated Windows and I run MalwareBytes weekly I also use Mozilla Firefox exclusively as my internet browser I found a good reason for doing this after my sister s laptop got infected with the AntiVirus System Pro quot scareware quot Kudos to MalwareBytes she now uses Firefox instead of IE even though I ve been trying to get her to switch for months now I just can t figure out what s keeping me from changing stuff via the User Accounts gui I can do it via the command prompt like I said and we all know command prompt tricks are cool but when I m testing things adding deleting dummy accounts it would be nice for this to work Even if I don t need it it just plain bugs me So can you fix my quot bleep quot -ing computer Thanks keyboardNinja

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280124/windows-7-user-account-problem/
Relevancy 43.43%

Recently Problem Windows XP Switch User i started having problems switching users on XP Im able to run user at a time only Windows XP Switch User Problem Every time i try switching to another user i get a quot MediaAccess exe - Application Error quot and from there i have no choice but to restart because it completely blocks everything im doing I have noticed it running in the task manager as MediaAccess exe and MediaAccK exe there may be more im not sure And also in the control panel Im just not sure if its safe to remove it from there because its probably some sort of adware Here is my Hijackthis log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Media Access MediaAccK exe C Program Files Ykeitv Bhds exe C temp salm exe C Program Files Media Access MediaAccess exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ontariodsl ca bandwidth htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Sympatico R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO BHObj Class - - F D- C- E - A C E C - C WINDOWS nem dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Media Access C Program Files Media Access MediaAccK exe O - HKLM Run Rqvgo C Program Files Ykeitv Bhds exe O - HKLM Run salm c temp salm exe O - HKLM Run vyz C WINDOWS vyz exe O - HKLM Run Internet Optimizer quot C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapsho... Read more

A:Windows XP Switch User Problem

You need to do a virus scan. I have been fighting a trojan downloader that installs this and lots of other fun spyware on the computer. Norton does not see this as a virus, but every other AV program I have run does.

You may want to run an online virus scan. www.antivirus.com is the one I use. Make sure to click auto clean.

After removing the virus, I have had to run spyware removal tools to get the rest of the garbage off the machines that had this. I used spybot, ad-aware and microsoft AS to do this. Took all 3 to get it all.

I submitted this to Symantec and they called it spyware and would not update their defs to catch this. Avast did a great job of cleaning it up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-xp-switch-user-problem-52256.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

Hope you can help, a user in the office get a couple of RUN DLL errors come up when he logs into his PC.

They are say they cant find these certain DLL's on the PC, the users clicks the OK button and its fine.

Just want to know how to remove the RUN DLL pop-ups if someone knows how?

The location is:-

C:/Document&Settings/username/localsystem/app data/

The files are:-

aricoyuc.dll
fspirm.dll

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Chris

A:Windows XP - user profile problem

That computer is probably infected.

I would click on Report and kindly ask to be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. Be sure to provide the appropriate reports in that forum after reading THIS. From there, be patient. The malware removal experts are very busy! You should get an answer within the next 48 hours.

However, since this seems like a work computer, please read the following rule:

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING CORPORATE/COMPANY OWNED COMPUTERS

Please do not request assistance for corporate/company owned computers. Many changes/deletions are made during the clean up process, some of which may involve uninstalling programs, deleting folders/files, changing settings and/or removing policies etc. As we have no way of knowing for sure if these are actually needed for company operations, malware issues in these cases should be handled by your own IT Departments in order to avoid any undesirable results. Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-profile-problem.989661/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello! I have one strange problem, I am using my computer with my brother, and we are having 2 accounts on this comp, usally, we keep our profile loggen in, and often when computer is on, we both are logged in each of our user account, but problem is, that if one of us is logging of, or switching users (if both of as are in online mode) windows is logging off the one account, but after log out, it shows blank screen, computer is still running, but it just becomes freezed.. this ain't happening only if I log of my account and my bro loggs into his account and when I need to log in, he logs out and then I go to my account. I hope you understood my problem.

Relevancy 43.43%

Originally, when I transferred to another user, I was presented with the user names and could choose one without logging off completely from the current user, i.e. when I returned, open files would remain open.. Something unknown happened and now it is necessary to log off completely from the present user (and close all files) before selecting another user. How do I get back to the original procedure?

Rouoghhew

A:Windows XP, Switch User Problem

Maybe the feature got disable, to enable it see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279765

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-switch-user-problem.513506/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have some strange problem where every time I switch on my computer it will log into another user account and if I switch users it will automatically log in to the same account, and it is very frustrating, I had the normal auto log in problem before and a user messaged me on how to fix it which worked (Changing registry and inheritance but after awhile another problem has appeared. I thought it was just the same problem but the registry hasn't changed. I did find that if I disable the account it will eliminate this but I do not want to do that seeing as how one day it might randomly appear again on another username.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/14759-windows-8-auto-user-log-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am running the Windows RC and Windows Vista on a dual boot machine Yesterday Windows changed my account type When I log in under my administrative account this is the only account I have made it logs me in as a temporary user I tried to go Problem User 7 Account Windows into the Manage Credentials part of the Control Panel but it always says Windows Explorer has stopped working but windows explorer works fine every where else I have also tried to enable the master administrator account but was unable to Lastly I tried to delete the Windows 7 User Account Problem temporary user file under the C drive but it says I am going to delete my main user file I once clicked just to see what would happen and it gave me an error saying it could not delete it Help please I don Windows 7 User Account Problem t want to go back to Vista I do not have a restore disk as this is the Windows RC The only file I had recently downloaded was a free composition program I have used many times before Anvil Studio which I uninstalled immediately when I noticed the change but that did not have any affect either Addition Windows Vista is not having this problem Addition Tried to activate the master administrator account and it worked this time It shows my personal account as an administrator account but when I log onto my personal account it logs me on as a temporary user still nbsp

A:Windows 7 User Account Problem

Which version of W7 is it?

It did not change the account, the normal user account is corrupted, so W7 loads a temporary account with low priveledges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-user-account-problem.879648/
Relevancy 43%

Hi! I did an new install of windows 7 (home first then upgraded to pro)
I want to hide a user by doing this on the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon \SpecialAccounts\ UserList ..then add dword32 by my username value to 0
I did this on my old laptop and it worked perfectly.

Now I've done the same thing on my new laptop. It works but stangely, the folder still appears in c\users.

The user is not visible in the panel control\users or at the start of the PC

I'm sure i've done the right thing, what is causing this? Could it be a bad install of windows? Please let me know if you have a idea!

Thank you very much for your help!

A:Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

If you log into that user it is going to have a user directory, regardless if you have the user hidden or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339572-hide-user-registry-stange-problem-user-still-appears-c-folder.html
Relevancy 43%

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium

In Control Panel/User Accounts, I use my FIRST NAME on an Administrator account and log in with this name.

However, when I open Windows Explorer, my user account shows my SURNAME, which I would like to change to my first name. I have no idea why it should show my surname (unless this was in the original set up) - all the other user accounts are correct.

I do not want to create a new account and delete the present one as I would lose all my folders under my present user account.

Can you help, please?

A:Problem with user account name in Windows Explorer

Hope this tutorial helps

User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name

Your last name is showing up because you might have entered it while installing Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304611-problem-user-account-name-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello i run into a problem while trying to run multiple problem Windows xp fast user switching programs on different user account on my computer When i log off all programs will close but i need them to remain running when i go to change the ways users log on log off and click use fast user switching option then click apply it does not save that setting I then went to Computer admin account and tryed the same method when i clicked on enable fast user switching option a message came up saying Fast user switching is enabled on this computer Offline files cannot be enables while fast user switching is enabled I Windows xp fast user switching problem also went to Windows xp fast user switching problem services and changes the fast user switching compatibility to automatic So thats my problem it tells me how to fix it but it says its already enabled but its not will not let me run progams and switch user accounts I Dont think ill have issues with memory or processing power

A:Windows xp fast user switching problem

Don't you have the option to just switch users as this would not log a user off(which would close everything) and instead it leaves them logged on and lets you select another user. I've had several programs/internet windows up and never had any problems with them closing just from switching users. Any further details you could provide would be wonderful, like do you have the option to switch users when you hit start -> shutdown?

-bar

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339453/windows-xp-fast-user-switching-problem/
Relevancy 43%

This is problem Windows security with user Interesting sort of a weird problem that I imagine someone has encountered before My wife s computer at work might have been damaged in a flood water heater broke But the PC was off Interesting problem with Windows user security and the hard drive in the PC tower never got wet So I popped the hard drive out and brought it home I installed this hard drive as a slave in my home PC and XP recognized it immediately My plan was to backup all the data put the drive back in to her work PC and try turning it on That way if a short causes everything to crash and burn I still have her data on my home PC I am afraid to turn the work PC on until I have backed up the data Now on to the problem At my wife s work she had numerous users on it so the important documents were stored under the password protected quot My Documents quot folder for the owner of that PC This folder is obviously actually under the quot Documents and Settings Owner quot directory under root When I try to view the contents of this directory from my PC I keep getting the message quot Access denied quot I can t seem to figure out how to override the security from her original computer Do I need to modify the registry settings on her drive to remove any security on that directory Thanks for any help Some additional details - My PC has installed my wife s drive as F - I tried creating the same name account with owner privileges on my PC so for example if the owner on the original flooded PC was named quot Stacy quot I created a quot Stacy quot account with owner privileges on my PC but this didn t seem to help - I tried setting up my wife s drive as the primary and removed my original drive After setting it up in the BIOS I still couldn t get my PC to boot even in safe mode nbsp

A:Interesting problem with Windows user security

Checkout: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

Let us know if it worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interesting-problem-with-windows-user-security.547181/
Relevancy 43%

Hi Problem user Solved: accounts with Windows XP and My computer was previously not working and I decided to use the quot recovery disc quot which came with my computer This reinstalled windows into the same drive and folder Solved: Problem with Windows XP and user accounts as before and so all my data was kept as I wanted However Solved: Problem with Windows XP and user accounts if I open my Documents and Settings folder on my C drive open the folder of my user account from before the reinstallation and try to open quot My Documents quot it says quot Access Denied quot presumably as the computer sees it as another user s folder How can I access the files contained in this folder I know the password for the user account however as it s from the old Windows before it was reinstalled i can t directly log into it Would I be able to access the files through a different OS eg a Linux Live CD Any help would be appreciated And the sooner the better too I desperately need to get to these files as this folder contains all of my schoolwork - Javawag nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with Windows XP and user accounts

Welcome,

Try this here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-windows-xp-and-user-accounts.515272/
Relevancy 43%

I just got my new PC and I stupidly created a new folder in the directory under C user and called it User as the one that used to be called that had somehow got renamed then I copied files from the another user account into it Then I created a new user account to log into the PC on fire up called User and stupidly gave it an administrator status without a password Now when I fire it up and click on that new user account it will not open and a message comes up saying The user profile service service failed the login User profile cannot be loaded If I go into Control Panel and user accounts I cannot delete the account or change the status of it back to standard because it keeps asking for a password and there is none problem user 7-32bit Windows account Even if I create one it just ignores it obviously something to do with the first error that comes up as quoted earlier Help anyone out there

A:Windows 7-32bit user account problem

Quote: Originally Posted by mrichardson

I just got my new PC and I stupidly created a new folder in the directory under C:\user\and called it User (as the one that used to be called that had somehow got renamed) then I copied files from the another user account into it. Then I created a new user account to log into the PC on fire up called User and stupidly gave it an administrator status without a password.

Now when I fire it up, and click on that new user account it will not open and a message comes up saying “The user profile service service failed the login, User profile cannot be loaded” If I go into Control Panel and user accounts I cannot delete the account or change the status of it back to standard because it keeps asking for a password and there is none. Even if I create one it just ignores it, obviously something to do with the first error that comes up as quoted earlier. Help anyone out there!!!

Two things you can try doing:

First:

(pulled this from here)

Quote:
1. Restart your computer and hit F8 multiples times until you see a menu-like screen, if you see the Windows splash screen then repeat this step
2. Highlight and hit enter on Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Try logging in there. If it still doesn't work, then go to step17
3. If you are able to login, once a command prompt pops up, type: net user administrator password /active:yes (you can specify whatever password you want for the administrator account.)
4. If you get a message saying "The command completed successfully", then restart your computer by typing: shutdown -r
5. Boot up again pressing F8, but this time choose just Safe Mode.
6. You will be able to login as Administrator with the password you set in Step 3
7. Hit (windows logo)+R
8. Type regedit
9. Once the registry editor opens up, look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
10. In the left pane, find the one that starts with S-1-5..... and ends with .BAK; if you don't find one, skip to step 15
11. Right click it and click Rename, then change the .BAK to .BK
12. Right click the one with the same numbering but without the .BAK and add .BAK add the end
13. Right click the one that you renamed to .BK and clickRename, delete the .BK
14. Eventually, you have switched the .BAK from the end of the second entry to the first. That should probably fix your problem.
15. If you didn't find a .BAK then try this: Open Windows Explorer to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Application Data
16. If you find another Application Data below the one you're on, then delete it. That should probably also fix your problem.
17. If you can't login in Safe Mode, then reboot and hit F8 until you see the menu again, then hit enter highlightingRepair Your Computer
18. Wait until all Windows Files finish loading, then hitNext when it asks keyboard language.
19. Try logging in here also, choose your user from the dropdown menu, and type the password, then jump to step 23
20. If that still doesn't work, then if you have your Windows Installation CD still, put it in and restart your computer.
21. Hit F12 until you see a menu of boot options, choose Boot from CD
22. Choose keyboard language then hit next. Find Repair Your Computer from a little below the center left.
23. Choose Open Command Prompt and type: net user administrator password /active:yes (here again you can specify a password)
24. Close the command prompt and click Restart and jump to step 5
To disable the administrator account, type this in an elevated command prompt: net user administrator /active:no

Second:
Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" -- Run the Mr. Fix It tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138744-windows-7-32bit-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys I have Windows XP Pro running on my computer I have two user accounts on this windows One is under quot John quot and other is under quot Homer quot might seem funny but this is for fun I mostly use quot John s quot user account When I go in C Drive and under Documents and Settings I have Windows Pro!!!!!!!! names user (accounts) in XP with Problem both names John and Homer but all the files and things I saved under quot John s quot Problem with user names (accounts) in Windows XP Pro!!!!!!!! account are actually under quot Homer s quot account I haven t used quot Homer quot account for couple of months now so it doesn t have much saved on its Desktop however John s Desktop has lots of stuff saved on Desktop and in other folders Why then all the stuff saved under quot John s quot account shows under quot Homer s quot account in Documents and Settings unch Also anybody know how to change the computer name in Windows XP I have set my computer name on my name but I want to change that to some other name for privacy Any suggestions will be appreciated nbsp

A:Problem with user names (accounts) in Windows XP Pro!!!!!!!!

Change Computer Name

To change your computer name go to:

Start/
"Right Click" My Computer/
Then Click on Properties/
Go to the tab Computer Name/
And For a final step click on Change to change your computer name

I hope that helps (This is my first time to post on this forum) :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-user-names-accounts-in-windows-xp-pro.18566/
Relevancy 43%

Somehow i have been changed to a standard user n now no one is an administrator.I cant download upgrades,change parental controls or even fix the time

A:Windows 7-user account control problem

install this

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

then right click on the file and take ownership

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-user-account-control-problem-460690.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys Please help me with this I have tried everything I know and it still happens My husband and I each have our own user account on the PC both as Administrators User Windows Accounts problem Vista All was working fine before Suddenly once started up and I log onto my user account all is gone No files no desktop background only vista s default background and I have to set up my IE and Google Chrome s preferences all over there are no bookmarks Windows Vista User Accounts problem favourites etc This does not happen each time I log on but occurs every second day or so then OK for a day then off again It first started on my husband s account for a week or so now his is OK and it s mine doing this thing I have done system restore twice it runs well for a day and then does the same Another problem I have which may go hand in hand with the above is that I un-installed Firefox then re-installed it again The reason being that when using FF I would get a message saying FF has encountered a problem and has to shut down And after re-installing it it now does not function at all I can click on it and nothing happens FF still shows in Add and remove programs in Control panel but when I want to un-install it nothing happens I got fed-up and installed Chrome Is it OK to delete all the FF files in Program Files on C or not All your advice and help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows Vista User Accounts problem

have you tried turning UAC off in user accounts,just to see any difference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-user-accounts-problem.910986/
Relevancy 43%

On a w2k-sp4 pc, my booting process starts looping with "Loading your personal parameters" when it reaches "Recording your parameters". That's the point where you hear the jingle which goes on indefinitely.

Since it's inside the opening of the User Session, probably that my profile is somewhat corrupt.

Safe Mode leads to the same loop.

FYI, I can access w2k files through an XP I have on that pc operating in dual boot mode.

A:User profile problem under windows 2000

are you using a login/password?

i've never seen "recording your parameters" in w2k/sp4 as it boots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem-under-windows-2000.607399/
Relevancy 43%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys So it starts like this I wanted to network with domain, user SP3, [SOLVED] Pro XP login.. problem Windows my Win comp to my mums XP pro laptop in order to do this i had to or so i read set the workgroup to the default quot WORKGROUP [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login.. quot on her laptop Now in the system settings it was set on Domain [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login.. with domain name being quot SOUTHCITY quot i went ahead and selected Workgroup and input quot WORKGROUP quot After restarting i could no longer log in using her account or the admin account for that matter safe mode still required me to login so no luck there Created a boot cd changed the admin password I now have admin access and can login using admin account Now i went to undo what i had done in the first place selecting Domain and setting it as SOUTHCITY and i get the error as seen here http filedb experts-exchange com i n-join-err JPG I have a hint that its because the laptop is not connected to the server at school where she normally uses it But if that is the case then why was it working as it was at home maybe its an offline mode idk Either way i cant change it back And also under control panel - user accounts - there are only admin accounts setup and one called quot user quot Even though her account is named otherwise and i can even find her user files under documents and settings folder so why is there no user account showing there Any help would be appreciated let me know if more info is needed

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login..

Have you tried VNC? RealVNC - Download VNC? Free Edition 4.1
You could then fix mom's computer as well as accessing files. One caveat. Without a VPN it's not secure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-pro-sp3-problem-with-domain-user-login-604029.html
Relevancy 42.57%

A few days ago, Windows Update Automatic updates installed an update on my computer called:

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows Vista (KB940157)

When I restarted my computer after this update I tried to log on and got this message:

The user profile service has failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

I fixed this by booting into the F8 restore options on my Dell Laptop and used system restore to repair the problem
Today Windows Update Installed that same update again and the same problem arose which I again fixed with system restore.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this, like why should this update be causing my User Profile not to load ?

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

A:Windows Search 4 Update/User Profile problem

Hi, RockLobster, and welcome to the forums.
Hide the update in Windows Update so it won't try to install it.

Manually set a restore point - see System Restore Point - create

Manually download the Windows Search 4.0 update from Microsoft.

Install it

See if that causes the same problem - if so, revert to your newest System Restore.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/172226-windows-search-4-update-user-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I note that there have been several other posts on this subject but I cannot see one that solves my problem I was transferring files from one external drive to another I found a problem with problem Windows User Unknown 8.1 Permission Account a set of folders that I could not transfer with permission which should have been fine as I Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem have administrator rights Looking at the folder permissions I found an unknown user account Looking for solutions I tried to delete this account but was not allowed unless I turned off inherited permissions I tried turning off the inheritance but this resulted in an error saying it failed to enumerate the number of objects in the container access denied Looking at some individual files in one of the offending folders properties showed 'Unable to display current owner' selecting the 'Change' option allowed me Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem to change the file ownership to Everyone - Full Control and I could then move or delete the file There are quite a lot of files to do Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem so is there a way to change all the affected folder amp file permissions in one move Rgds Jon

A:Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem

Hi Jon, welcome to the Eight Forums.

The user profile with SID (security identifier) ending with 1001 is usually (not always) the first user account created when Windows is installed or a pre-installed Windows booted first time. In most cases this means it's your own user account.

You can check for which user account that SID belongs by giving the following command in Command Prompt:

Code:
wmic useraccount get name,sid

This example from my laptop, the first account I created when I installed Windows 8.1 was a local account called Admin which got the SID 1001:

SID ending with 500 belongs always to the built-in administrator account, SID ending with 501 to built-in Guest account, whether these two accounts are enabled and active or not. Other user accounts start from 1000.

What the above means is that you have most probably tried to remove your own account. Don't do that !

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/54648-windows-8-1-unknown-user-account-permission-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all I ve got a strange problem which has already seemingly stumped someone can t post a URL so go to forums dot spywareinfo dot com search under members for threepwood and it s called quot ie shutdown explorer process at on startup possible virus hijack of explorer quot but seeing Process settings user problem, windows XP and list as it seems less likely to be a spyware problem and more like a windows problem i thought i d post here and give up on the other thread Anyway here are the problems Process list doesn t fluctuate when it is opened On startup explorer shows a stupidly high cpu usage and doesn t change while the window is open Also if i leave the list open and open up another program for example notepad the program will start up but wont come up on the process list This happens only on the one account Process list and user settings problem, windows XP even if i open it in safe mode No other accounts seem affected until i try copying all my settings over to another account I need to know what the problem is and how to solve it so that no other accounts will be affected Another problem cropped up a few days ago My bookmarks list in IE seems to have gone Don t know why IE isn t my main browser so im not too upset although im sure i had some decent links saved which i cant remember now Also today the computer decided to say it had found and installed some new hardware my scanner when my scanner had been fuly installed around years ago System restore isn t possible because i have no points to restore to before this problem cropped up There do seem to be some problems with windows update running but it does run eventually Windows XP is fully up to date No new programs have been installed which could have caused the problem i ve already uninstalled some stuff i thought might be causing it and i ve got no idea what else to try OS is Windows XP SP no error messages come up Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Process list and user settings problem, windows XP

If you haven't already done so, check out this information: http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/explorer.exe.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/process-list-and-user-settings-problem-windows-xp.411522/
Relevancy 42.57%

I had to reinstall W7 Pro X64 on my home PC to cure problems with sleep/hibernation.

After reinstalling, I found a single user account had been created named "DELL".

All my previous software (now stored in Windows.Old) referred to user name "Brian". So I changed the name of the DELL account to "Brian". But I then found that although the user folders are sometimes shown as "Brian", at others they are shown as "DELL".

How do I make the change of account name effective for all the relevant user folders? There is no facility to rename C:\Users\DELL; is there some other way?

A:After reinstalling Windows 7, problem with changing (single) user name

Quote: Originally Posted by hershmab

I had to reinstall W7 Pro X64 on my home PC to cure problems with sleep/hibernation.

After reinstalling, I found a single user account had been created named "DELL".

All my previous software (now stored in Windows.Old) referred to user name "Brian". So I changed the name of the DELL account to "Brian". But I then found that although the user folders are sometimes shown as "Brian", at others they are shown as "DELL".

How do I make the change of account name effective for all the relevant user folders? There is no facility to rename C:\Users\DELL; is there some other way?

Welcome Hershmab to the windows 7 forums.

The best advice I can give you is to create a userid for Brian making sure that it has the same security level as you used to have. Then log off dell and log on to brian and copy all the files to your new userid and then you can remove the Dell userid after your satisfied that everything is there.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/188460-after-reinstalling-windows-7-problem-changing-single-user-name.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,
it's weird but I can't change the password of a domain user when I'm logged on a domain pc with Windows 8.

I'm sure that the password mets the requirements (I also tested here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/password-checker.aspx ), in fact if I change it from a domain controller I can do it without any problem.

But if I try to set the same on Win 8 I can't, the system tell me that the password doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
I also examined the event viewer but seems that the system didn't record any event related to.

Some suggestion about to solve it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/59fc8bb0-bc04-4ff8-a0bc-f9eed99bb060/problem-changing-domain-user-password-on-windows-8?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 42.57%

i can't finish the setup process. i'm trying to create a "standard" account, but when i go to create a password for it, no matter how many characters and no matter how complex (uppercase, lowercase, numbers, etc) it will absolutely not accept anything as a password (and i am copying/pasting the password from notepad, so it is being typed correctly).

i checked all the secpol 'password policies', and there don't seem to be any interfering requirements.

i attached a screenshot, if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400915-cannot-make-new-windows-7-user-account-password-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

CANT FIND THE DEL BUTTON,,, 

NOT RIGHT PLACE FOR MY WRIGTING,,,:-)

A:1 account, 2 user names, but only 1 user = Big Registry Problem

What is exactly the meaning of this topic? Is it a queestion or a discussion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563705/1-account-2-user-names-but-only-1-user-big-registry-problem/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am using Vista Home Premium Registry - User on Leaks User Problem Accounts -bit and I am having problem logging in using my user account An error flagged quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User Account Profile cannot be loaded quot The Event Viewer window has these details Windows detected your registry file is still in use by User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I was able to logged in through Safe Mode but still an error flagged in status bar that the profile was not properly loaded Although I was able to copy all data from that user account to a new account can I still troubleshoot the problem and be able to log in using the old user account I have all my shortcuts and archives there and quot every customized thing quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts

Hi aice and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked the information in the following Tutorial?

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223345-user-registry-leaks-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Tech-Spotters I have a tricky problem transfering user accounts between Windows Problem Transfer Windows Tricky XP Account/Profile User XP machines I have a friend who needs two employees to swap their computers This requires me to swap their user accounts between the machines Naturally I used Windows File amp Settings Transfer Wizard FAST I d tranfer the accounts then delete the old ones Well FAST overlayed the existing account on both machines Oops I think I figured out why Since both machines only had the one user account the default name was quot owner quot for Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem both So FAST just added to the existing quot owner Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem quot account rather than create a new one Thankfully I imaged both machines before trying it and restored them to their original state Now I m looking for a SEAMLESS method for swapping the user accounts on both machines I know I could just create new quot dummy quot accounts and copy the files and settings in it from the other machine manually but there s the chance I could mess it up I was just wondering if someone has a clever seamless method for doing this TIA -- Andy nbsp

A:Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem

You can't modify an existing account that way. When using "FAST", you need to create the account you need first, then the files/settings will be transferred to that.
Start over, don't creat any dummy accounts, create the accounts required (I assume they have different names?). RUn the "FAST" in the newly created accounts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tricky-windows-xp-user-account-profile-transfer-problem.134887/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have hide all of my administrator account from login screen on windows7 by editing registry entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon\SpecialAccounts". Now I have only one power user account. I can't
login with admnistrative account because there is no switch user button on login screen. Even if I click on switch user button from start menu this will load the login screen with the power user and I don't have any option to change the username.

How can I get rid from this?

A:Windows 7 login screen switch user button problem

Hi,
I see two choices:
-by safe mode (pressing F8 before  windows load), you should be able to modify your regkey
-by right click maintening "shift" key on regedit then "run as different user" you should be able to enter your other credentials

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9002ccce-8f0f-434a-b55c-f44323d61c9f/windows-7-login-screen-switch-user-button-problem?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I have a problem User - Command problem Account Windows Pop-up Control Processor Continuous with a pop-up window from User Account Control which wants to run Windows Command Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem Processor I did not give permission clicked on 'No' but the window keeps coming up again immediately I had to press CTRL ALT DEL and open task manager many times before the pop-up minimized or disappeared The details in the pop-up say that the Program location is C Windows SysWOW cmd Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem exe C sc create VSSS binPath C Users user AppData Roaming Microsoft' type own start auto DisplayName Volume Shadow Copy Service amp net start VSSS I am afraid this Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem is some sort of virus or trojan that wants to take over my computer Please help soon Thanks Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by user administrator on USER-PC on - - Running from C Users user Downloads Loaded Profiles user Available Profiles user Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Palit Microsystems Ltd C Program Files x Thunder Master THPanel exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe RescueTime Inc C Program Files x RescueTime RescueTime exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe Wondershare C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe RealNetworks Inc C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Yahoo Inc C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Com... Read more

A:Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/581075 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581075/windows-command-processor-user-account-control-continuous-pop-up-problem/
Relevancy 41.71%

This concerns my mother's 2-year-old Toshiba laptop. My mother says that sometimes she is suddeny thrown out of her computer - when she is on the internet, or reading her e-mails etc.- whatever she is doing is interrupted without warning by a Windows Update screen telling her to wait and that Windows Update is updating her computer. Then the computer shuts down/reboots. And my mother has to start anew with whatever she was doing. Is this a Windows Update setting thing? My mother says that she has had this problem from the very start (she thinks so at least).

A:Solved: Windows Update problem: user is kicked out of system during installation

Update: okay, I checked my mother's laptop myself. It seems that there is a Windows Update feature my own laptop doesn't have: after downloading the updates, a nagging Windows Update box with a sort of timer/countdown function appears, asking whether the computer should be restarted, or the installation of the updates postponed. If neither of these options are chosen, then it will reboot automatically in 5 minutes. So...how do I get rid of that pesky box?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-problem-user-is-kicked-out-of-system-during-installation.762939/
Relevancy 41.71%

Help Please I've been searching this forum and on line all day I cannot find anything close to my problem or any instructions to help me fix it I have two user accounts on my computer Both have Administrator privileges however recently certain functions and capabilities have disappeared from these User Logons I think they have somehow become corrupt so I thought I would create a new user and Profile/ User Creation User Problem copy over the files minus the Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini HOWEVER when I open the Control Panel User Accounts and click Add or Remove User Account User Profile/ User Creation Problem - I get nothing No window opens I have even activated the built in Administrator Account through the elevated command prompt but was unable to rename as per the tutorial on here and it doesn't work either I think not being able to rename the Administrator account has something to do with me not having true administrator privileges When I tried to save the rename program into the Windows system folder I got a you must have administrative rights to do this pop up so I clicked to activate but it never placed the file in the system folder Other things discovered while working on this - I cannot see find from the start prompt local security policies - Manage Computer does not show Users amp Groups I can boot into safe mode and use the Toshiba Restore option which will bring it back to out of the box condition - but I believe I would have to reinstall all my programs - not something I want to do -- so this is a worst case Armageddon scenario Any idea on how to fix these profiles and or what could be wrong with Windows running Home Premium bit Sandy

A:User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Other things discovered while working on this:
- I cannot see/find (from the start prompt) "local security policies" 
- "Manage Computer" does not show "Users & Groups".

These are only available in the Pro version of Windows 7.

You should not need to rename the hidden Administrator group. When logging into the Hidden Administrator Account you activated, you cannot create a new user in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562590/user-profile-user-creation-problem/
Relevancy 41.28%

I need to connect to a Windows 2003 server via my Windows 7 PC's Event Viewer. It is a non-domain server, so I need to provide different user credentials for the Windows 2003 server. The Windows 7 Event Viewer displays this error when I try to connect
to the Windows 2003 server: Connecting as another user is only supported when connecting to a computer running Windows Vista or later.

This is not acceptable. I need to be able to manage/view event logs on th Win 2003 machine from my Win 7 desktop.  This all worked fine using my Windows XP Event Viewer and now it is broken in Windows 7. How can I connect the Windows
7 Event Viewer to view logs on a Windows 2003 server with different user credentials?

Thanks,
J McNemarJ McNemar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64f2e2c0-cc5f-4749-9c7b-0bddc6b17882/windows-7-event-viewer-problem-connecting-as-another-user-is-only-supported-when-connecting-to-a?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Ultimate.
My problem is that when I Log In to the Administrator Mode I start seeing many errors pop up.
List of errors:
&#8220;Catalyst Contol Centre: Host application has stopped working&#8221;
&#8220;Input Personalization Server has stopped working.&#8221;
&#8220;Unable to create Temporary folder. Error5-Access is denied.&#8221;
Windows Explorer doesn&#8217;t work
In addition to this I can&#8217;t get into some applications and they sometimes get errors. I can however get into Internet Exployer but not Firefox. The strange thing is that when I Switch Users and Log into the non administator mode everything works fine. I realized all this was happening when I was trouble shooting a bug in the Adobe software with Adobe technical support. I turns out I can&#8217;t fix the Adobe problem until I fix this or so they say.

A:Problem running applications in Administrator User Mode in Windows Vista Ultimate.

Hi and welcome to TSG what admin account are you using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-running-applications-in-administrator-user-mode-in-windows-vista-ultimate.925666/
Relevancy 40.85%

Earlier today I turned on my Toshiba laptop Satellite P -S and got some sort of error screen and then it brought me to a screen asking if I wanted to do a system repair or start windows normally I chose system repair but then it seemed to get stuck in that process It was taking forever and nothing was happening so I turned off the laptop I know big no no booted in safe mode and did a system restore to a restore point from about a week ago The quot starting Windows quot screen came and went no problem Everything seemed fine till I got to the User Selection screen the default blue one with the little hummingbird or whatever Then it just sat there on that screen I could see the hummingbird and the little squiggly lines but there were no buttons to click my user I just let it sit there and after about minutes the user names popped up and Windows takes the screen 7 user forever load select user/switch to I was able to continue using the computer without any problems no other speed Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen issues whatsoever It now makes me wait every time always about Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen minutes before the user names pop up It does this when I restart the machine and when I try to switch users It is a Pentium Core i Ghz GB RAM Windows Home Premium bit Let me know if you need any other specs Any ideas Thanks Tim

A:Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

The steps begin with disinfection from Safe Mode or boot disk, since if Win7 is badly infected it may not repair until cleaned up. Then everything possible to start it is sequenced.

I would also do the hardware tests provided before rescuiing the data to run Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274499-windows-7-takes-forever-load-select-user-switch-user-screen.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all I had to repair Windows XP Home from original disk because of a system error Now choose Showing to Cannot user Names Startup at Welcome No User a logon : Windows when I start Windows on the welcome page it says quot To begin click your user name quot but the right part of the screen where the users normally are is completely blank There are no users to choose from I can run No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon Safe Mode so I have tried the following In safe mode went to Control Panel gt Users gt and added a new user and checked the Administrator password was still the same yes This made no difference and blue logon screen still asked me to choose a user but had no users showing In safe mode Start gt Run quot Control Userpasswords quot and unchecked quot Users must use a password on this computer quot This has now created the error when I boot quot Unable to log you on because of an account restriction quot Then goes back to blue quot To begin click your user name quot but no users Tried repairing Win XP AGAIN but no difference Has anyone seen this problem before I would so appreciate any input Thanks MJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-showing-at-windows-welcome-startup-cannot-choose-a-user-to-logon.703502/
Relevancy 40.85%

When I login to windows (7, Ultimate x64) on most profiles (created a new one, affected, logged into my admin account, 1 of 2 user accounts, a clean one for lightweight surfing with no load time for all 3rd party s/w) and my monitor goes from extended (blank) (1920x1080) to ... looking like it has a FAT black border (on secondary monitor).

Also some issues with network adapter connecting and mounted volumes attaching (instead of being instantaneous they take minutes) event viewer doesn't mention anything significant... any ideas?

Interestingly, I can't open Intel's CPanel (desktop context > Graphics Properties) (gfxui.exe) on other profiles.. will get details

A:User Profile Corruption/RegIssues? How to monitor windows (user login)

Sounds to me like something in one or more of the user profiles has gotten corrupted. you might have to delete one or more user accounts and then re create those accounts which should hopefully fix the corruption issue. I know u might not want to do that; but at this point i dont see any other choice to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325836-user-profile-corruption-regissues-how-monitor-windows-user-login.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I recently added an admin user to my comp. and the problem is that now when i reboot i have to either select admin or myself. i do a lot of remoting to my comp when im away and if i need to reboot im gonna be stuck because the comp will not automatically reload my profile. If there is no way to do this, how can i delete a user from the comp. Ill just get rid of the admin user.
Thanks in advance,

VC

A:can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

If I am understanding you correctly, I think this will help:

From an Administrator account, click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2. Remove the check mark from Users must enter a username and password and click Apply. Follow the prompts.

See if that helps. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-windows-automatically-load-a-certain-user-without-the-screen-to-select-a-user.160801/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need to add another standard user. I have one admin account and one standard user.

After adding the second standard account name and password on Control Panel
I get the confirmation that the new user can now sign in.

However,I get this famous message that the profile service cannot open.

I looked into C:users and find
Default.migrated
Public
Administrator
First standard user

But not the newly created user account. Nor can I find it in the Registry ProfileService.

Why does Window lye to me saying the new user account is available but it did not create it?

A:Added user account Windows does not create user profile

Did you sign out of your account and then try to sign in to the new one?
The new user folder won't be created until you sign in and set up the account.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41690-added-user-account-windows-does-not-create-user-profile.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Can I use the different user types in Windows 2000 to pick and choose what programs my kids can use? I have a few semi-violent computer games I would rather not let my children play or see. Is this part of the different user levels is capable of? If so, do I have to log off, and then let my child log on to make this work? If not, is there another program that does this, or one that perhaps adds a password to get into certain games or programs?
Are there any free ones?

Thanks!

A:Windows 2000, power user, adminstrator user etc?

Hiya

You'd be better off asking in Win2000 bit, but I'm learning it at the moment, so I'll have a go.

Yes, you can restrict them. You will have to log off, but as you are the main person who sets up the other users, ie your children, then you will act as the administrator. You can block acces to many things.

Now, as I say, I'm just beginning, but others will have a better chance. Go to Control Panel | Users and Passwords icon.

If the User must enter a password...is not ticked, tick it.
Click Add, enter the name. Next. select the level of access:

Standard, Restricted, Other

maybe Standard?

You can modify the account. Click Advanced, Advanced button under Advanced user managegment. In the Local Users and Groups window, doubleclick Users folder, and then doubleclick the user you wish to modify.

This bit I'm a little cagy on, but you could try with trial and error.

maybe someone could carry this on

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-power-user-adminstrator-user-etc.58023/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey peoples, i've just reinstalled windows (mylast installed killed itself).
I backed up my documents and settings folder (dads important business stuff in there). After installing this fresh copy of windows. I realised that dad had made the acount private.
OUCH! I'm in trouble!!!!
Theres a lot of stuf fin there we really need (most of its backed up though, thank god).
It wont let me access it. Anyone know how to get in? is it even possible!?

I really need this to work guys, plz help!

Thanks!

A:Windows XP "Private User" Problem. Cant access VERY IMPORTANT FILES. NEED HELP ASAP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-private-user-problem-cant-access-very-important-files-need-help-asap.249194/
Relevancy 38.27%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 36.55%

My major problem is that I problem account and removal problem program User have two user accounts and I can t get rid of one of them On startup my screen shows the icon of the sunflower and underneath that the words toshiba Locked And then the option to Switch user I have been unable to delete the extra user account when I go to Add or remove user accounts in the Control Panel and try to remove I get a message saying Windows needs your permission to do this If you started this action continue User accounts Control Panel Microsoft Windows When I click on the Details option in this window I get the following D EB A- F- C B-A B- BD B A and then the options to Continue or Cancel At the bottom of the window are the words User account control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer When I click on Continue I get a screen indicating that User account problem and program removal problem I have two accounts toshiba Administrator and a Guest with an option to turn it on So far I have been unable to delete this Guest account I have also been unable to delete a program ARO I get similar results to the above when I try to delete the unwanted program using the Uninstall procedure in the Control Panel except the Details option brings up User account problem and program removal problem FCC B -EC E- DD -A B- A A I have performed the procedures recommended at the beginning of this forum and the requested logs reports have been pasted below under my signoff If someone can help me with these problems I would appreciate it Thank you Robert Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users toshiba AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE B GAMOH HijackThis exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users toshiba Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - Toolbar blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run AROReminder C Program Files ARO ARO exe -rem O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service Adobe Flash Player Up... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-and-program-removal-problem.1067350/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am using windows xp with two user accounts. Both desktops have minimal folders and stuff on desktops. The problem is when either user tries to go from the user page to the individual desktop. Very slow, sometimes paints black screen for sometime, sometime repaints desktop few times, sometimes goes back to user page.. and sometimes actually goes directly to the desktop.. very confusing. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this software behavior.
Thanks
GRSadow

A:User page to user desktop page problem

Hello & welcome to TSF,

could you check your device manager to see if you have any (red or yellow) quotation marks

if you do then this means you have driver issues / note down what they are and getback to us

also you need to follw this link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

you will need to note any probs, that you have with any of the steps/ save all logs to the desktop for ease of retreival ( DO NOT POST BACK HERE AT THIS THREAD) you will need to go to the (HJT LOG forum) here at this site / make sure that you tell the techs there of all problems when posting

stand strong for the techs there are busy

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-page-to-user-desktop-page-problem-206067.html
Relevancy 34.83%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi !!!

I'm using Win XP sp3...I've multiple users on Win XP...the problem occurring is that whenever i log on to any other user other than mine an error occurs Explorer.exe "the file failed to initialize" n after that the screen goes blank...why is dat so? my user works absolutely fine but no other user works...i've deleted n created new users but all in vain the same probs occur...

A:User log-in problem

log into your user, go to control panel, administrative tools, event viewer and look at the logs. What error messages are the failed login generating?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-log-in-problem.778826/
Relevancy 34.4%

Upon Installing afresh XPSP2 Home Edition, I made a mistake when opening a new desktop account that I share with another. For myself I entered the name "Lary" when in fact I wanted "Larry".

After a day or 2, I noticed the mistake and easily corrected the spelling in:
Control Panel
User Accounts
Cannge An Account
Change My Name

Now I have the correct spelling on the desktop log in page,

However Under:
My Computer
C
Documents and Settings
My folder is still mispelled Lary.

I am unable to right click and rename the folder, because I recieve the message:

" Lary is a windows system folder and is required for windows to run properly. It cannot be moved or renamed"

Is there a solution to this problem? It would be nice to have my name back

Thanks,
Larry...that's 2 r's

A:User Name Problem

Larry....with 2 r's.
If the computer is running fine. I would leave well enough alone. Pain in the but, but if it does not affect performance....why fix it, if it aint broke?

But, if you would truly like to change it. that is beyond me. maybe someone else has an idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-problem.320637/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have 3 users set up on my PC, running Windows XP. 2 users are fine, no problems with internet, just click, click, click.

The internet on my MAIN user runs VERY slow. I am talking 1 to 1 1/2 minutes to open one internet page to another after clicking on it. And, I am running verizon FIOS.

I purchased & ran UniBlue registry repair. I didn't see any difference.

Since this is my Main user account for my business, what are my options? Save and delete and then start over? OR..........is there something else I can try?

This is "user specific" and only with my main user.

Thank you!
Tammy

Relevancy 34.4%

I accidentically deleted a user (built-in), I found that I have no way to
add any new user.

A:Add New User Problem

Right click on "My Computer."
Select "Manage."
Expand "Local User and Group."
Right click on the "New User" folder and select "Add New User."

What happens??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-new-user-problem.407417/
Relevancy 34.4%

hi to all, i dont no if if i am posting it at right place, any wayz, i got some problem with vista, i have bought a new laptop wid vista on it, but ihave install adobe illstrator and corel Draw on it, installation went ok but now i am trying to open it but i does not allow me to open that program, as it says hat i dont have proper privilage , log on from user with adminstrative privilages, and i am already log in from administrator. please help me, any help would me much appriciated. thanks alot.

A:user problem

Hi, Welcome to TSG! You are right, this room is for introductions only, a moderator will move it to the correct area.
Feel free to introduce yourself here after it is moved
Good luck on your problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-problem.723138/
Relevancy 34.4%

I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful. thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/67955-other-user-log-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

hello! iv'e had this problem for about 3 weeks. everytime i try to log onto my user name i will click my name then when i try to put in my password it's just a blank white box with the cursor missing. i still typed in my password even though i could not see it and about 5 mintues later it loged on. now sometimes its faster sometimes its slower. i have scanned with avg and malawarebytes and i found nothing. now today when i tried to scan with malawarebytes like 150+ pop-ups saying low memory and other different stuff i can not remember i got the task manager up and just deleted all them. what should i do

A:log in under user name problem?

It sounds like the malware is blocking both AVG and Malwarebytes. Try running MBAM in safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250285/log-in-under-user-name-problem/
Relevancy 34.4%

We use XP and my husband and I have different user IDs Now my husband can t access the internet on his user I m pretty sure we re infected but don t know with what here s our hijack log HELP PLEASE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS problem XP user system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C XP user problem WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C PROGRA Yahoo PARENT YPCSER EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe C Program Files Day-Timer Organizer SHARP Edition xserv k exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Works MSWorks exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Anti- hijack HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo common ycomp dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run TaskMgr C PROGRA INTERN tskmgr exe O - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MimBoot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mimboot exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM RunServices RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin REGIST EXE O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - Global Startup DataViz Inc Messenger lnk C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe O - Global Star... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-problem.333063/
Relevancy 34.4%

Right this is my problem, up untill yesterday everything was OK, I had 2 users both with administrator priveliges one was my name and the other just said Administrator, the gust was off. Then I switched to just Administrator, now every time I boot up the administrator loads first and I have to switch user to get to my normall desktop. Ive tried to delete the administrator but I cant, there is no option to delete. All I want to do is get back to MY NAME desktop, Ive tried to restore but there was no restore settings.

A:User Problem

Hi smudger1767, please try the following:

When logged on (doesn't matter which profile as long as it has admin access):

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
control userpasswords2
- Click OK
- Check the box titled 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'
- Click Apply then OK and then reboot

This will now load the Welcome Screen where you have to click your name and enter a password (if you have one). If you want to load your profile automatically (in the same way the 'Admin' profile is loading at the moment, let me know and i'll explain what you need to do.

Hope that helps :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-problem-123439.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I having a problem with my XP SP2 system when I create a new user. When logging in with the new username, explorer.exe does not start and will not start if I try to run it from Task Manager. I have searched here but cannot find a similar problem mentioned. Any help would be appreciated.
KP

A:New user problem

I failed to say that this only occurs when creating a user with a limited account. If the new account has administrative powers, it works just fine.
KP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-user-problem-141096.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Sigh,
been search for awhile now and cant seem to find my similiar problem.

I have my Username on the box I'm using as a server as, IronServer7
Login/Start menu says IronServer7,
user file says Owner,
accessing the computer via network, username is owner, but password matches for IronServer7.

help please...

A:User name Problem

Quote: Originally Posted by symp

Sigh,
been search for awhile now and cant seem to find my similiar problem.

I have my Username on the box I'm using as a server as, IronServer7
Login/Start menu says IronServer7,
user file says Owner,
accessing the computer via network, username is owner, but password matches for IronServer7.

help please...

Actually that's a good security move....

Easy way... create a new account... move your stuff over... delete the old one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76431-user-name-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My laptop came pre-configured from the manufacturer (Digital Storm, though that isn't relevant) and they assumed that the name of the default, admin account would be the name of the purchaser (my Brother). Since it's -my- computer, I would prefer to have it in my name.

The name of the account I've changed to my name from Control Panel.
but the path to my documents is still C:\Users\***
there is no option to change the name of the folder there is no (RENAME) in the list
I have already changed the name of the user account as appropriate

A:problem with user name

Hello Fazza,

Unfortunately you cannot change the name of the actual C:\Users\(user-name) folder. Only the name that appears for the account at log on and in the Start Menu.

A workaround for this is to create a new administrator account with the name you want. Next copy the contents of all of the folders (including contents in hidden AppData subfolders) in the old account's C:\Users\(user-name) folder into the corresponding new account's C:\Users\(user-name) folder. After everything checks out ok, you can delete the old account from within the new one.

Hope this help,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78324-problem-user-name.html
Relevancy 34.4%

In attempting to install a router I inadvertently setup a confusing array of user/administrator accounts which leaves me unable to log in as administrator. Two things 1) My description of the problem leaves people confused and unable to help. 2) Given that people can't really know what my intent is in trying to log in as admin. there are obvious ethical issues involved. It's understandable. I want all those user accounts wiped out so I can just start up without logging in as I did before. Will re-installing Windows do that?

Relevancy 34.4%

i have used pcs for years but this user new problem new - one got me real good and i cant seem to fix the problem hoping you guys can helpgot attacked by aurora a month ago i new user - new problem think using spybot s and d adaware nailfix and others i think igot it all but i still have no internet explorer fortunately i installed mozilla about months ago this is my only way online but i would like ie back if possible i have run everything in safe mode then run hijack this heres the log file new user - new problem thx in advance Mod edit E-mail address removed for spamming protection Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System devldr exeC hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default http fastsearchweb com srh php q sO - BHO PicShow Class - C- EC - A - E- D D FDD F - C WINDOWS System pkshagzk dll file missing O - BHO ohb - ADE - AB - B -A F -AC DE - C WINDOWS System nsd dll file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run DellTouch C WINDOWS DELLMMKB EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA MouseWare SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exeO - HKLM Run Lexmark X Button Monitor C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X exeO - HKLM Run Lexmark X Button Manager C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SymNetDrv SNDMon exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run exp exe C WINDOWS System exp exeO - HKLM Run DIAGENT C Program Files Creative SBLive Creative Diagnostics DIAGENT EXE startupO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exeO - HKLM Run AHQInit C Program Files Creative SBLive Program AHQInit exeO - HKCU Run WatchCat C UTILS watchcat WCAT EXEO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run SurfSideKick C Program Files SurfSideKick Ssk exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button AOL Instant Messenger SM - AC E - - d -BC D- B ... Read more

A:new user - new problem

forgot to add... i ran cleanup, nailfix, then adaware, spybot and hj this all in safe mode b4 posting...

and the ie screen loads.. but just says connecting to xx.xxx.xxx.xx at the bottom.. and then times-out

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30981/new-user-new-problem/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have for user problem UAC std an admin acct and a std user acct UAC problem for std user - I run in std user most of the time It is becoming a PITA because it keeps asking me for an admin pw for just about anything I tried to chg the UAC but it tells me I must be logged on as an admin user If I do that I can chg the admin user but it does not affect the std user - it is stuck at level if I chg the std user to admin I can chg UAC under the user login but if I go back and chg the login back to std user the UAC is back to level My purpose of running as a std user is for anti-virus reasons I have a good AV program but it seems UAC problem for std user to me that some things that were installed invisibly when running as an admin user don't happen any more I have read all the UAC issue posts I can find but none r exactly my problem and no solutions fit either I tried making std user a member of power users and others but that didn't do anything - unless I need to configure power users somehow I even get prompts to allow ASUS utilities amp help programs to run at boot up how can I chg the UAC for the std user will that stop all the prompts to run programs and change things If not is there anything I can do in the group policies to make some things work without UAC control thx I can't even delete a shortcut from MY desktop without admin pw

A:UAC problem for std user

I'm sorry, but that's the entire point of using a standard user. Locking the user out of anything that might damage/screw up the PC. Standard user can only use normal programs already installed.

I suggest to run with an admin account, with UAC turned on at max safety AND the screen dimming thing when you see the popup.
That screen dimming and lag isn't just cosmetic and annoying.
It is supposed to lock down any other program and accept input ONLY from hardware keyboard and mouse (hence the lag).
This to avoid malware from simply doing its stuff and clicking Ok on the popup (which would be pretty trivial).

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/295764-uac-problem-std-user.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Gang I hope you guys can help me resolve this problem. Trying to install some microsoft things on XP gives me a strange error message. I've tried to find a cure but can't see anything. (I have included an attachment)

Relevancy 33.97%

I am trying ti install Stopzilla, when i do i get this error message. "there is 1 other user logged onto your computer, you must switch to and log off this user before you can continue" I am the only user (as administrator) there are or never have been any another user on this computer. Tried in safe mode , same problem, scanned with Eset, Malaware Bytes, Super anti spytware, Spybot etc. No viruse.. Ran Systernal Explorer only 1 explorer process so only 1 user..........Any ideas would be great. Several people (searched Google) with same problem

A:1 other user logged on problem

Is this the paid or free version? I have not used this stopzilla software but there are other free alternatives when it comes to installing certain protection softwares. Plus some on-demand system scanners like Malwarebytes and Superantispyware which could work side by side with your antivirus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456832/1-other-user-logged-on-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

So my parents magically destroy computers fairly often and both deny fault so I've decided to lock down their computer a lot. I remember back when I was in school, they made it so the computer auto logs into the guest account and it would reset to a default with some applications that all users can use every time the computer resets. Stuff that would be installed would get uninstalled after shutting down unless you get admin permission. You could delete stuff without it asking for password but it would always set back to default after shut down anyways. I'd really like to now how to do this so I don't have to do reformats every 6 months. It's like they go into the registry and mess around

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-getting-the-right-user-settings-265962.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I was finally able to complete Win bit Home Premium installed to Acer laptop Took so many trial and errors to complete But now since I was able to problem user no account with install windows I didn't get create new user account and windows had restarted without me noticing it - And now when I start windows normally I get only User Password box since I don't know what account it has I can't log in - Started windows in Safe Mode windows logged to Administrator account but I don't seem to able problem with no user account to do any changes since it gives me error wrong account user logged in And I was thinking to try this quot Getting Started quot thing at start menu but Instead that I got BSOD to the face - Now after BSOD I started windows problem with no user account normally I have quot Administrator quot and quot Other User quot accounts in welcome screen I tried to use Administrator account but got quot Your account has been disabled quot What should I do to get it fixed

A:problem with no user account

Hello Aw,

You might see if this may be able to help with the "Other user" issue.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

If needed, you could enable the built-in "Administrator" account at boot.

Built-in Administrator - Enable from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330357-problem-no-user-account.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a virtual directory setup on my server that is password protected however I cant get any username or password to be accepted When I try to access the page the username password dialog box comes up and I enter in my username password - However it rejects that and then puts the domain name with a before the username and then if I resubmit it I still Problem IIS Authenication User cant login I used to run IIS under XP home I know its dodgy with IIS User Authenication Problem no login probs but since i have IIS User Authenication Problem upgraded to XP Pro to run IIS properly I cant get the logins to work I have created the local user account etc etc but I cant get it to work it just does the domain before the username after the first attempt I have the security setup properly on the directory itsself so I know its not that I have tried different user accounts but nothing works In the IIS Console I ve got the virtual directory setup with annonomous access turned off and only the Intergrated Windows Authentication turned on Also cant get it to show the proper Relam name unless I take the intergrated authentication off then I get a different login box and nothing works on that either Any Suggestions - I ve tried that iisPassword program seems good but cant protect a virtual directory which I need nbsp

A:IIS User Authenication Problem

OK this is the problem I'm talking about.. I've kinda made a bit of progress.

Heres what I've done.
in the IIS manager, I've left the virtual directory as anonymous access, then on the folder its self I have changed the NTFS security properties, so only certain users have access (not the account that IIS uses for anonymous access), the login box now comes up so I can login, but then once inside that area there is a 2nd secured section (different username/password required) which is where this box appears (see attached file), or I get this straight away if I try and access the site from my own machine.. e.g.

Accessing From Client Machine

--URL-->Username and password requested--> login ok-->inside secured area-->link to 2nd secured area-->username and password requested--> login fails (comes up same as attachment)

Accessing From Server (using domain name not 'localhost')

--URL->Username and Password requested-->Login fails (comes up same as attachment)

all I need to know is why it keeps doing the computername\username or domainname\username and failing the login.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iis-user-authenication-problem.483882/
Relevancy 33.97%

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack When I try to sign in on my usual account it loads a temp account instead This started when User Problem Account one day I went to sign in and I got a message saying it could not connect to the domain server All my accounts are local and User Account Problem not on a remote server and is signing me into a temp account Now every time I sign into that account it just goes to the temporary account and doesn't even display a message saying so All other accounts seem to work just fine I went to go do a system restore and for some reason it was turned off and none of my restore points showed up I know for a fact it was on before because I had used it recently before On startup I get several system errors Quote The adfs service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file User Account Problem specified Quote The Adobe Active File Monitor V service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Quote The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to User Account Problem load Lbd At the time the issue started my pc was part of a domain I switched it to a workgroup all the other pc's connected to the router are set to a workgroup to see if it would fix the problem but it had no effect When I tried putting it back to the domain it said the domain could no be found so I left it in the workgroup I also tried deleting the temp account not the TEMP folder in C Documents and Settings but when I signed into the account it just created a new temp account The name of the temp account it create is David GAMES David being the username and GAMES being the pc name

A:User Account Problem

I know I am not much help here.......

adfs service failed - Maybe related to HP printer

Adobe Active File Monitor V6 - appears to related Adobe\Photoshop Elements 6.0\PhotoshopElements

On the system restore being off - possible malware problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-problem-518961.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I currently cannot move or rename folders on any drive and my desktop icons Auto Arrange every reboot even though Auto arrange is not ticked I think the problem started with my user account I got the message quot user profile did not load correctly quot When I examined my quot Users quot folder I noticed that the quot Default and All Users quot folders that had always been there had vanished leaving only the quot Mike quot administrator profile that would not load and a think??? Account User problem...I new folder called quot Public quot Using regedit I went User Account problem...I think??? HKEYLOCALMACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWSNT currentversion ProfileList and altered the State and RefCount values back to My original user account User Account problem...I think??? loaded next boot but thereafter failed to load on following boots as the registry values revert I have tried all standard fixes ScanDisk ASC System File Checker Full virus scan with Kaspersky even windows defender and Malicious Software Tool Somewhere in there my quot Mike quot admin user account now loads but all my files and folders became read only by default and cannot be unticked which is probably why I cannot move or rename any folder be it on my boot drive backup drive or even the plug-in drive I can copy folders between drives I tried creating new user accounts but they hung and never got to the desktop at startup The full priviledge adminstrator created in CMD prompt would not load quot and the quot user profile did not load correctly quot appeared again I downloaded the registry key quot Fix Rename Bit Vista quot but it did not work I also tried giving Full control to all user accounts no luck I do not have any system restore or registry backups that predate the problems The event viewer is a mass of error and warning messages Any suggestions anyone nbsp

A:User Account problem...I think???

In System ; Event 7024
In Application: Event 4112, 4185, 4163

So its some thing to do with the MST transaction Manager????
But how do i Fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-i-think.964556/
Relevancy 33.97%

I did not create this group of users at any point and was surprised to find that several of my files in C drive weren't visible today. when I used open in Microsoft word I could however see the files with a lock against them. I saved one of the invisible files on the desktop and in properties --> Security saw that there was no authenticated user group. However, in the C drive files, the ones which are visible, under properties--> security there is the authenticated user group, along with the others such as administrator etc. I dont remember setting up such an account structure. Any help is deeply appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

A:Autheticated user problem

Authenticated Users as always been there and everyone that logs into the computer is part of it.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../dd277461.aspx

Quote:
Authenticated Users - Includes all users with a valid user account on the computer or in Active Directory services.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171953-autheticated-user-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 14R and use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I was trying to download itunes but it showed failure and did not respond. Then, I used task manager to close the window. Then, I restart the computer. Now, I see many of my desktop icons missing and also my documents missing. However, those documents are availble in a folder called Uses\Dell folder in C drive. Apart from these problems, the fonts of the internet explorer has changed and its like using a new computer where I have to install programs again. Please help.

A:User account problem

Were you able to completely download and install itunes?

try performing a system restore to reset it first

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117916-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

Every time I make a new User and log in it loads up with a black screen and the task bar and says that the system as loaded the default profile. This even happens if I log on as the system admin. My original profile loads fine but nothing else. I think It may be because the folder that holds all the basic information to make a new user profile has been deleted from my Users folder. Is there anyway of fixing this? Prohapps a place where I can download and replace that folder? I am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit. System restore has already been tried but the folder was deleted too far back to recover by that method.

Thank you for your time.

A:Problem with new user profiles

Try this first
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If errors are found run 3 times

If that does not work
Report back and we will try a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/111481-problem-new-user-profiles.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Whenever I log out of one of my accounts on XP it sends the computer into sleep mode or same mode or something. Al I know is I press the log out button and instead of going to the user select screen the monitor goes blank but the computer stays on, I tried pressing Alt Ctrl Del esc but nothing works but restart.

A:Problem with User Log outs

Refreshing...
It just goes blank when ever log off, any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-log-outs-65471.html
Relevancy 33.97%

the netbook with windows im using is working fine this seems to be something ive done myself I got this netbook from a friend and he had a account on it so I turned on the guest account and gave it admin perms and then deleted his account now the only account in the creation user problem system is the guest account and the system isn't letting me make my profile when using the guest account its not that it says I don't have permission its a error code x saying that it couldn't create the profile just before that it says it cant reach connect to the internet even though im clearly connected I use Verizon with fios wifi the best you can get and I live in FL which has fine connection the router is about ft away and it has a max range of ft so I don't understand why its not working please help I also have pictures which I will link below netbook tech support file - Album on Imgur thanks and hope to hear something soon -Ghost

A:user creation problem

my pc is a : HP Stream - 13-c020nr Laptop

here is a link to its info page on the official site.

- HP Stream Notebook - 13-c020nr (ENERGY STAR) | HP? Official Store

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/user-creation-problem-964529.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I only have one user account admin on my computer I have guest account enabled for rare other users at my home I got infected with zero access and have since eradicated it My only problem I seem to have left is when I try to load QuickBooks the app hangs Spent hours on phone and remote assistance ??????? with account user problem with two levels problem with user account ??????? of tec support from quickbooks tried everything still no functioning program All other apps seem to work properly at least all the ones I have tried I happened to go to my guest account and was able to load the app restore my company backup and all seems to function properly I can't understand why this is The only clue I can find is error reporting QB has an error message Log Name Application Source QuickBooks Date AM Event ID Task Category Error Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Darin-PC Description An unexpected error has occured in QuickBooks Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle Why will this program work in guest account but not in my account The company files are stored in public documents Any ideas

A:problem with user account ???????

You did uninstall the application...then reinstall it, correct?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516062/problem-with-user-account/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello all I have a bad situation on my PC that I should have fixed but here I am Last year my XP Account User Problem home was basically crashed wouldn't boot up just kept restarting A friend of mine had an authorized version of XP pro that could be installed which I did I was User Account Problem able to get to all of my old files on the quot home quot version and all was fine I should have retrieved everything and wipped the system Here's the problem now My wifes user account I have three accounts at log on screen took some sort of a hit When she logs her settings are all different and her documents are gone in desktop and my docs User Account Problem folder When I log into my account I can see her original folder as well as one that has a dot followed by some numbers It seems her account split off into a modified account I was able to get some of the documents retireved but some things like Quicken data User Account Problem appears to be gone If she was hacked they have our balances but nothing else really as account numbers are not stored in Quicken Is there a way to restore her log in so that her original user account appears At the log in screen it looks the same but when you click to log in it takes her to this other account Thanks Just thought to add this item before this happened we were quickly apporaching a full hard drive GB capacity I just hadn't had time to transfer stuff to our external hard drive Maybe this problem led to the other I've got about GB free now there was less than free space when the problems began So I guess this could be the problem or does anyone think this is virus MW related

A:User Account Problem

OK...to make it worse....this morning when I loged on I received a message that Norton staopped its scan becaus ethere was not enough memory. I had just moved 12 GB to an external drive. Now it says I once again only have 1 GB remaining on th ehard drive! Somebodies loading stuff on to my PC.....or it's being used as a host?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-problem-409687.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hi all,
got a sony viao VGN-NW20EF for xmas with windows 7 and im liking it already (lasst os i used was xp not vista)
but i have already stumbled across a problem

when i go to put music on my laptop i go to
documents/music
and put it in there
BUT i want it in mmy libary in media player so i dragged it all into there but it doesnt reconsise it when i re-open media player so im all a it confused

thank you if you guys cna help

A:new viao 7 user with a problem, can u help me?

Hi

This may be of some help:

Media Center- Setup Movie Library

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50769-new-viao-7-user-problem-can-u-help-me.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

Newbie here, I hope this is the right place for this post, if not I apologize. The problem I am having is that I tried to installed Office 2007 the other day and Outlook was unresponsive. All other office programs worked fine. I un-installed office 2007 and reloaded Office 2003. Now everything works fine when I am logged into XP. The problem is that when my wife logs into her profile, no programs work and the computer locks up and has to be rebooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Altron

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switching-user-problem-156366.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi

Iam using windows 7 and windows xp in our domain pc's.We have AUTOCAD 2006 & 2009 in our pc's .It is quiet working good in all the windows xp pc's with restricted user logged in those pc's

But in newly bought pc's with windows 7 retail version professional,I found that AUTOCAD is working only in users with administrator rights logged in those windows 7 pc's.

I cannot give admin rights for those users.Only they have to be in restricted group

Anybody can help me regarding this?Please

Thanks

Swaminathan

Muscat

22-06-2010

A:Problem in Restricted user!

Did you install Autocad for ALL users?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-restricted-user.930739/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have Win 7 Ultimate and have 3 user accounts, say A (an admin), B (a standard) and C (a standard). I don't seem to notice any problems logging in into user A and B.

However, I noticed that when my daughter tried to log in into her account (i.e user C), she sometimes got a dark blank screen. As far as I remembered, it had happened like twice or three times. I had to do Cnt-Alt-Del, and then chose "log off". Then I tried logging in again and it would normally work.

Yesterday, it happened again, and when I tried to logging in (I tried it twice), it didn't work. So I finally have to restart the PC and then it worked.

I am not sure what the problem is. I would appreciate any help.

A:Problem with one of the User accounts

Check out your event viewer/windows/application log for any critical errors and post them in your next reply...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/46814-problem-one-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I was wanting to change my log-in password for my main username, as my brother got hold of it. I went to the Control Panel and double clicked 'User Accounts' to get the User Accounts page to pop up. Unfortunatley, it didn't, so I tried it a few more times and nothing happened. I then rebooted my pc and tried again, but the User Accounts window never opened. It has been doing this for 3 months now and is really annoying everyone who uses this pc as we all want to change our log-in names, pictures and passwords. Please can you help me to sort this.

My PC Info If Needed:

Intel Pentium IIII CPU 2.50 GHz
2.49GHz, 224MB of RAM.

Thank You In Advance.

A:'User Accounts' Problem ... help Please.

welcome
i believe you need to log in as administrator
boot to safe mode, tap f8 as you first start up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-problem-help-please-93881.html
Relevancy 33.97%

whenever i go to start - log off - switch user...

and it goes to the first windows screen where you see the list of users.. if i click on another user, it just turns black and nothing ever happens. i went to the control panel and changed it so you can do fast use switching, and i think mcafee security center doesnt like that, because i have to set it to allow the script change every time...

but it still doesn't work.
someone pleeeeease help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-switch-problem.408901/