Windows Support Forum

Best back-up Software for a non Server environment.

Q: Best back-up Software for a non Server environment.

I have a remote office that has four computers running XP Pro networked together and I need a back-up solution for the system acting as the server (mainly a file server). I was using back-up exec desktop version 4.62 and it has worked great but ever since I upgraded to XP Pro I have been having problems with it. And according to Veritas, they sold the software to a company called stomp which has an upgraded version called back-up. Have you guys delt with Stomp? What software would you recommend.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Best back-up Software for a non Server environment.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Best back-up Software for a non Server environment.

Can't see a reason to go out and buy one, there are plenty of freeware backup solutions that are dependable and excellent.
http://shellcity.net/cgi-bin/DB_Sea...alphapage.setup.cgi&submit_search=yes&alpha=B

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-back-up-software-for-a-non-server-environment.195293/
Relevancy 56.76%

I use windows xpI am trying to open my eclipse ide.it says "A java runtime environment (Jre) or a java development kit(jdk) must be available inorder to run eclipse. no java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations. D:\eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exejavaw.exe in your current path.i googled for the solution.it said i had to set my environment variable path for it.i checked if it was modified. earlier it was E:\jdk\binTo my surprise it was modified and it looked like this.C:\Program Files\ImageConverter Plus;C:\Program Files\ImageConverter Plus\Microsoft.VC80.CRT;C:\Program Files\ImageConverter Plus\Microsoft.VC80.MFC;i installed image converter plus software only yesterday..Please explain to me:1) how did my path variable change?2)could that be because of installing image converter plus software?3)is there any way i could get back my old environment path variable?Thanks and Regards.

A:How do i get back my previous "PATH" environment variable

1 and 2.)Image Converter seems to be the culprit.3.)Do a System Restore to the point where you think all was okay.OR Manually edit PATH variable. The default PATH variable has the following string%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;Just in the end put your JDK bin pathTo edit PATH, Press Windows Key + Pause key. Goto Advanced > Environment Variables

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250807/how-do-i-get-back-my-previous-path-environment-variable/
Relevancy 55.47%

I got a $7 per month plan on a server and I have a problems with FTP connection. I am trying to upload a 20MB file with multiple folders and files in it and the connection is very choppy and I literally was not able to do that since yesterday.
Does anybody knows how this work? Do they just impose some kind of limit on the connection and there is no way to get around that? This is a major obstacle and can get frustrating etc...
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-ftp-connection-to-shared-server-environment.1040521/
Relevancy 55.47%

A group of AD users needs to be able to, on their windows 8 workstations,:
A: log into any workstation in the network
B: Have 3 icons including an rdp session show up on their desktop
C: Have those same icons not show up on their terminal server profile
and thats it to get started.

What is the simplest way to get this done.
How do I get this done?
Server 2008 environment w/ 2k8 TS profiles
Windows 8/8.1 workstations

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a2dc13b-a9b8-4c03-bbca-79364514c968/windows-8server-2k8-environment-w-terminal-servers-?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Sir,
My query is about two things:

1. What is Pre-Boot eXecution Environment ROM in 2000 server. Used for remote Installation of Win 2000 Professional. how to use this service and from where.?

2. What is Remote-Start Floppy Disk. This option is also used for remote installation of Win 2000 Professional from a Server to a NODE remotely. but I want to know the process / procedure for it.

With sincere thanks in advance, I fervently request you all to please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-pre-boot-execution-environment-rom-in-2000-server.108553/
Relevancy 55.47%

Does anyone know of a good method of moving all events from the Personal Folders Calendar to the Exchange Server Mailbox Calendar? I am using Outlook 2000. Please advise.

A:Outlook 2000 - Exchange Server environment

Sure.

Open your pst calendar. View it so that you see a LIST of all events. Click on one of the events and hit ctrl-a. This should highlight (select) all events.

Click on the server-side calendar folder, and hit Paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-exchange-server-environment.48260/
Relevancy 55.04%

I like to develop embedded systems and iam a little bit confused in selecting the version of windows CE,..
please help me,.
Iam a starter to this.

A:Help for selection of Software Environment

Hi see if the info here helps https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_CE
the latest version Windows Embedded Compact 7 product details page

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-for-selection-of-software-environment-702244.html
Relevancy 55.04%

OK so not. wifi working Client server Ethernet environment. my server was unplugged maliciously or not for at least two days it was unplugged When I finally discovered Ethernet working wifi not. Client server environment. it I restarted the computer and I had to restart the DNS because no one could get online through Ethernet I also reset the WAN and the LAN Now my wifi lynksys that has always worked shows up in the network but devices trying to connect cannot obtain an IP address and cannot get on the internet In addition I noticed that my comcast modem will recognize the service and my dlink switch in LAN and LAN ports but the LAN port where the wifi unit is connected will not light up and detect the wiifi I have reset the modem and the wifi unit several times and nothing is working Can anyone think of anything else or could this be a comcast issue Oh forgot to mention this all started right after a lightning strike on friday and the internet went down I tried configuring a new wifi unit but the same thing happens so I reconnected the old wifi unit as it stands this is where I am at nbsp

A:Ethernet working wifi not. Client server environment.

Has the wifi SSID name changed since you reset the router? Since the reset of the wifi router, what is the default IP address? Remove the wifi unit from switch and plug into a laptop or other Ethernet PC and attempt to connect to it after setting your Ethernet NIC to the static IP4 settings specified by the instruction manual for the linksys router. Make sure the linksys routers ip settings do not conflict with the Comcast gateway's own DHCP settings. What is handling DHCP in your network?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-working-wifi-not-client-server-environment.1132678/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm looking at trying to get some experience on a Windows server operating system to help me apply for jobs. I want to learn how to create an Active Directory, DHCP and DNS environment in a virtual configuration so I don't have to obviously buy things. I've tried searching the web for guides but I really don't find much.Does anyone know of any good websites etc?

A:Guide on how to setup AD, DHCP and DNS in a virtual Server environment?

Just a thought - have you tried Microsoft TechNet?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708350%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Good luck to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525891/guide-on-how-to-setup-ad-dhcp-and-dns-in-a-virtual-server-environment/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everyone I am not looking for advice on a specific virus Instead Environment for Best package Anti-Virus my software Domain I am looking for the best Anti-Virus software package to suit my Domain environment My Domain is hosted on a Windows Server Standard VM and it Best Anti-Virus software package for my Domain Environment sits behind a dedicated off-site Proxy Server I have attempted to Best Anti-Virus software package for my Domain Environment install both ESET Anti-Virus ESET Australia Official Antivirus and Internet Security and Avast https www avast com en-au lp-ppc-win- c gclid COTa uftsccCFYOWvQodSDAAMA onto a single client computer However each of these software packages had installation issues which I believe were related to the Proxy Server In both cases during the installation these software packages completely froze the client computer to the point where I had to reset at the power switch Ironically when the computer booted up in each instance the given software package was installed As the anti-virus software package that I decide upon must feature the ability to install to clients using Active Directory I must be certain that it behaves well with Proxy Servers If it doesn t do so out of the box then I will need to be able to configure Ports through our Service Provider so that Active Directory installs can take place In addition to the above requirement the software package must support the following - Automatically scan USB devices when they are plugged in Automatically scan downloaded files Provide web browsing security with site reputations etc Any suggestions on a good product which will suit my needs will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance for your time and consideration Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Best Anti-Virus software package for my Domain Environment

About three years ago, we carried out a similar evaluation of AV solutions for our domain environment (18 servers) and 300+ workstations. Finally, we settled upon Webroot. It has a small profile, runs well on any workstation or server, has a good suite for managing the environment, and does well with scanning.

When we were first deploying it, I created a GPO to push out the client and it was a breeze. As for proxy servers: if you chat with their staff, I'm sure they'll be able to walk you through any issues which may arise. All in all, it was a pleasantly surprising experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-anti-virus-software-package-for-my-domain-environment.1153926/
Relevancy 53.32%

My HDD seems to run forever upon startup I have unchecked all unecessary programs using MS Config and also deleted unecessary programs in the Run keys from the Registry I have listed the startup programs Startup Software in entries Programs Environment Duplicate from the MSINFO function and found a very long list and mostly duplicate entries I don t know how they got there but I think it explains my problem see list posted below I am running a Dell desktop and have pasted the pertinent information Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can pare down the list of startup programs and which of the duplicate entries I should keep short ofreinstalling Windows Thanks to the Forum for your help OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home EditionVersion Service Duplicate entries in Software Environment Startup Programs Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer Dell Computer CorporationSystem Model Dell DE System Type X -based PCProcessor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel MhzBIOS Version Date Dell Computer Corporation A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Total Physical Memory MBAvailable Physical Memory MBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space GBPage File C pagefile sysSoftware Environment Startup Programs

A:Duplicate entries in Software Environment Startup Programs

Please...edit your original post, remove all that msinfo32 report data...and I will then explain why you don't want to use that data for what you believe "startups" are.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273995/duplicate-entries-in-software-environment-startup-programs/
Relevancy 49.88%

Background At my company we re currently operating in to environment domain workgroup Converting environment a workgroup environment We would like to switch to a domain environment We have two servers running linux one server running Windows Server and roughly workstations The workstations are all XP Pro except for laptops Converting workgroup environment to domain environment running Vista The Windows server is used as a terminal server and really does nothing else The original intent was to utilize thin clients but this has not happened Currently the Windows server is very much underutilized with - connections being the norm Yes it does get used just not much One linux server is our file server It also runs openldap Converting workgroup environment to domain environment subversion and a few other tools We want to use ldap as a central location for credentials to various services logons vpn file shares email subversion etc Questions Is it advisable to use the Windows server as a terminal server and primary domain controller using Active Directory We re considering using samba to be the PDC but then we lose some of the capability that AD offers most notably group policy editing Does Active Directory work well with OpenLDAP to synchronize passwords Is there a better solution I m missing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-workgroup-environment-to-domain-environment.643306/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guys For a reqt we are doing ping and traceroute on our application using Raw Sockets This code supports both IPv and IPv On IPv environment both Ping working and Windows not Traceroute environment on in Server XP IPv6 Windows / 20 ping and traceroute works fine in Vista Non Vista Win XP Win But on IPv environment both ping and tracroute are working fine only on Vista and not working on Windows XP or Windows We tried with ethereal and Ping and Traceroute not working in IPv6 environment on Windows XP / Windows Server 20 captured all the packets that are being send during ping It says Ping and Traceroute not working in IPv6 environment on Windows XP / Windows Server 20 that quot checksum incorrect quot in the ping request When gone through ICMPv RFC they mentioned that checksum has to be calculated along with Pseudo-header We included pseudo-header based on the information provided on sites that didn't worked We tried various options on pseudo header by including and not including source address destination address But nothing worked Kindly note that ping and traceroute are working fine from command line using ping and tracert on Win XP Win in IPv environment While going through some sites and forums I came to know that IPv is not completely implemented on Win XP or Win Server Is it causing this problem The issues I guess here are Checksum calculation have some issues Pseudo-header format and its size that we mentioned may be incorrect IPv may not work on Win XP Win If this is the case how to get this one work on Win XP and Win both and bits The following is the part of source code that fills ICMP data and calculate checksum Code ICMP packet types define ICMP ECHO REPLY define ICMP ECHO REPLY V define ICMP DEST UNREACH define ICMP DEST UNREACH V define ICMP TTL EXPIRE define ICMP TTL EXPIRE V define ICMP ECHO REQUEST define ICMP ECHO REQUEST V ICMP header structure typedef struct icmpHdr unsigned char i type ICMP packet type unsigned char i code Sub code type unsigned short i checksum ICMP Checksum unsigned short i id Process Id unsigned short i seq ICMP Sequence number This is not the std header but we reserve space for time unsigned long i ulTimeStamp ICMPHeader Fill in ICMP Packet field void ping InitICMPData char cHdrPing int nPacketSize int nSeqNo struct addrinfo dest ICMPHeader icHdrPing char datapart int family dest- gt ai family if AF INET family memcpy cHdrPing void amp struct sockaddr in dest- gt ai addr - gt sin addr u cHdrPing cHdrPing icHdrPing ICMPHeader cHdrPing nPacketSize else icHdrPing ICMPHeader cHdrPing icHdrPing- gt i type AF INET family ICMP ECHO REQUEST V ICMP ECHO REQUEST icHdrPing- gt i code icHdrPing- gt i checksum icHdrPing- gt i id htons whatIsProcessId icHdrPing- gt i seq htons nSeqNo icHdrPing- gt i ulTimeStamp GetTickCount datapart char icHdrPing sizeof ICMPHeader memset datapart 'E' Calculate a checksum on the result icHdrPing- gt i checksum CalcCheckSum unsigned short cHdrPing nPacketSize printf quot TYPE d n quot icHdrPing- gt i type printf quot CHECk x n quot icHdrPing- gt i checksum printf quot End of InitICMPdata n quot Calculate check sum of the packet unsigned short ping CalcCheckSum unsigned short usBuffer int nSize unsigned long ulChkSum while nSize gt ulChkSum usBuffer nSize - sizeof unsigned short if nSize ulChkSum unsigned char usBuffer ulChkSum ulChkSum gt gt ulChkSum amp xffff ulChkSum ulChkSum gt gt return unsigned short ulChkSum As it is a very critical reqt we have to fix this problem immediately Please help me find a solution on this issue to get this work on Win XP Win Thanks in advance Thanks and regards Vignesh

A:Ping and Traceroute not working in IPv6 environment on Windows XP / Windows Server 20

Under XP and Win2k3, IPv6 was implemented as a separate network stack - not part of the monolithic tcpip.sys transport. Therefore, if the same compiled binary does what you want it to do under Vista, odds are that you are indeed encountering a problem with the older XP/2k3 IPv6 implementation.

One thing I'd suggest is that you completely disable the NIC's checksum offload capabilities while you're conducting your tests. There's always a possibility that the NDIS5 NIC driver under XP/2k3 is interfering and skewing your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/224131-ping-traceroute-not-working-ipv6-environment-windows-xp-windows-server-20-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i used to use back up nero need back like up it software a i nero back it up it was just perfect when i am on it it displays a folder tree i just select which i want to back up i select the whole user folder and that's it the software it ask me where do i need a back up software like nero back it up i want to sae it if i choose a HDD it will create one or two files one the main file and the other the i need a back up software like nero back it up index or something like that or if i wanted to save it to save it to DVD's no problem the software tells me how many dvds i am going to need and thats its it just ask me for each DVD one by one until it finish burning them all if i want my data back i just go to the index file the last dvd and open ALL the data i have backup i need a back up software like nero back it up i select the files i want and the software only ask me which dvd to insert he will extract it for me the problem is that in windows nero back it up throw some errors while selecting files AND when installing nero it ask for directx many says that it does not overwrite the directx that came with win but IT DOES because despite the dxdiag still says directx is installed there is a decrease in video performance on games a so what back up software you recommend me i have reviewed several ones on google i decide to try comodo back up but i don't like it i want a back up folder that show me my files EXACTLY as they are contained in my user folder where it let me choose with a simple mark which one go or not to be backed up and to save in a simple uncompressed could be i don't care or few files and if it offer the option to split even better i already mention it but the folder tree feature at the moment of the backup and restore is very important because if there is a folder with less important data like internet videos i dont want that folder but since it's within an important folder how do i chose a backup without THAT folder adding it one by one

A:i need a back up software like nero back it up

I would have just copied and pasted the files and folders on another disk that I wanted backed up or burned them on a CD/DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/234361-i-need-back-up-software-like-nero-back-up.html
Relevancy 46.44%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 45.15%

I m not sure this is the right How server? to up FTP/Back set up an forum for this discussion I want to set up an off site back up system for the place I work It is How to set up an FTP/Back up server? a non-profit so they don t have a lot of money I m not an expert but I do have some knowledge amp am a quick learner I was told FTP is the most practical rather than a remote desktop connection as far How to set up an FTP/Back up server? as speed goes All units have a DSL connection I want to do a daily back up of only what has been changed added that day amp a separate weekly back up There are servers at work running Windows Server one for email amp one for files amp applications I want to set up computer off site to back up the emails amp files on both servers Can I use XP pro OS on the off site unit or does it have to run Server also Do the servers have the capability to do what I need or do I need a back up program amp an FTP program The back up unit will have HD for the OS amp apps amp separate HD s for the back up There won t be a lot of daily transfer once the original back up is done A very busy day probably wouldn t produce more than GB of file transfer I ve never set something like this up before so any help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-up-an-ftp-back-up-server.726929/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently got coming keeps back server.exe an x activation error on my XP Media Center computer I changed the userinit registry data by using the following link http forums spybot info blog php b It worked for a while but eventually I was forced to do a Recovery install over my current installation I reactivated using a real CD key as I own an official version of XP Media Center My computer now boots up but the Userinit registry value is always changed after reboot I used Spy Sweeper and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Upon startup Anti-Malware detects the server exe spyware and then deletes it server.exe keeps coming back and after server.exe keeps coming back a restart it is back The Userinit registry value is C WINDOWS system userinit exe quot C WINDOWS server exe quot after every restart even after Anti-Malware changes it back to C WINDOWS system userinit exe The problem I am having is that after a certain period of time none of my web browsers can connect to the internet anymore Using a command-prompt I can ping yahoo com so I am still connected I just can't use my web browsers I have attached the following hijackthis info Thanks in advance for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ed at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exeC Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SEPCSuite exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exeC Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Documents and Settings Ed WOOWARD-DUAL Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Silicondust HDHomeRun hdhomerun manager exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exeC Program Files REALTEK RTL Wireless LAN Driver and Utility RtWLan exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files UltraMon UltraMon exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files UltraMon UltraMonTaskbar exeC WINDOWS system oodag exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC Program Files RhinoSoft com Serv-U Serv-U exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC P... Read more

A:server.exe keeps coming back

Hello.You have a nasty infection on board. One of them includes a backdoor.Backdoor ThreatIMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunatly One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216861/serverexe-keeps-coming-back/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,
I need some help with finding a program that will back up exchange but keep it running at the same time!
I have found 1 or 2 that can do it but if you could find some free versions or for a price what would be great.
It will be a big task to do it because they have over 16 GB of exchange and rising fast!!!

Any help would be great thanks Jason

A:Exchange Server Back-up

You really aren't going to find any that are FREE and do a good job of backing up individual mailboxes and databases while they are live. You need to ask yourself how much this email is worth to you and what would the effect be on you if they were suddenly gone and unrecoverable. If the answer is "they are worth nothing" then you can use the built in ntbackup utility to back it up. It the answer is "I would be devestated" you need to spend the money to get something like Veritas, BrightStor or other with Exchange connectors. 16GB is a lot of data to lose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-server-back-up.469216/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
I am trying to clean an infected computer for a friend. I have run scans of TDSSKiller, MalwareBytes Anti-Virus, CCleaner, HitmanPro, etc. Every scan is now coming up clean, except for a proxy server to 127.0.0.1. I absolutely cannot remove this, I've deleted registry keys according to guides online, and every reboot or few minutes it comes back. What can I do?

A:Proxy server keeps coming back

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please run a FRST scan. This will help us diagnose your problem.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593709/proxy-server-keeps-coming-back/
Relevancy 44.29%

VLS value server MicroStar PE Neo -PFISR motherboard Radeon Pentium GB RAM ATA GB hard drives running Windows XP PRO with service just on wont computer for back come Server using pack Hello I am a year old college student and i aquired a job at a dentist office doing his networking and few software suppports and i recently ran into a small problem I ordered an VLS server and configured it myself as to what i wanted in it and the first day it was here i tried installing it I turned it on for the first time and i proceeded to go through the install menus and when i put in a user name and then a password it just froze at the PW screen and it never came unfroze i gave it a good hour to try and avoid shutting it off during the first install but had to anyways so when i turned computer using for Server just wont come back on it back on it took me through a hardware scan and it said it couldnt find a hard drive in it and to reboot with the recovery cd in it well i turned it off and tried to turn it back on and it just never came back on i can unplug it several times and the fans act like they are about to start and the blue power like flicks on and quickly off every so many tries but computer using for Server just wont come back on it just never comes back on i checked all the jumpers and almost did a disassemble and reassemble and i got nothing please help i dont know what to next and i DESPERATELY do not need to send it back THANKS Matt Rainey nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I've tried all I could and now I leave myself in the hands of the pros.  I'm attaching my logs from DDS.  The title says it all.  I can't get online because I keep getting proxy errors.  I don't use a proxy and I'm sure the computer is infected and every time I uncheck the box for proxy, it reverts back to 127.0.0.1
Oh, and thank you in advance!

A:Proxy server keeps changing back...

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534557/proxy-server-keeps-changing-back/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm using a W8 Pro box to serve audio and video, but is also used as a sort of HTPC box connected by SPDIF to an audio receiver. Using RDP (Remote Desktop) from another PC allows me to keep audio on the HTPC just fine, provided I tick the box in the options wherein I indicate to keep audio at the server.

However, if I log into the device using an RDP client running on a mobile client (iOS or Android), which does not have the option to keep audio on the server, I cannot restore the audio back to the server after a disconnected RDP session without a reboot of the server PC. It's fine that there's no option to keep audio on the server, but once I disconnect the RPD session from the mobile device, I expect that the audio is restored back to the server. But, for whatever reason, playback is just broken.

Any advice?

A:RDP: How to restore audio back to server?

Although this has to do with audio, its more an OS/application issue. Consider reposting in one of the other forum sections. I don't know what would be a good section to post in.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/43577-rdp-how-restore-audio-back-server.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys I m pulling my hair out here trying to understand Winsock headers My lecturer must have a sick sense of humour as he s set us the task of writing a UDP client server after only studying C for months I ve managed to get a server up and listening to a socket I ve got the client to send the message and the server to pick it up and print it to screen The remaining horrors are Read the IP address of sender and print to screen just reading to a vairiable is the bit I m stuck at Echoing the message back to sender and reading it I m a bit lost on this - can this be done with a simple swap from a send to receive socket And how does the server get the info to send to client - may be related to above Any help you guys can give would be great nbsp

A:UDP echo- back client+server in C++

I'll move you over to development, probably a better chance of a response here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/udp-echo-back-client-server-in-c.659537/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've got a 2003 SBS Installation and I was cleaning up the start menu, and accidentally removed "Server Management" from the list.. it's nowhere to be found.

How do I get it back? any special mmc command I can type into command line?/run?

Thanks

A:How do I get Server Management Console back?

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2003/11/12/686.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-server-management-console-back.111199/
Relevancy 43.86%

To all,

I plan to image my computer (after treated successfully malware). I don't know what is the good software out there to perform this job?

any hint!!!

thanks
CT

A:Back Up Software

The pay ones are better than the free ones.

Free Drive Cloners/Imagers:

XXClone
GImageX (GUI for Vista's built-in, hardware-agnostic volume imaging and restoration program, ImageX.)
CloneZilla GParted LiveCD (Complete partitioning and drive imaging/restoration tools)
CloneZilla
Partition Saving
PCI CloneMaxx
Drive Image XML
EaseUs Disk Copy
HDClone
DriveClonerXP
Self-Image

Commercial Apps:

O&O DiskImage
Acronis True Image Home
Keriver Image
Avanquest Copy Commander
Paragon Drive Backup
NovaBackup
R-Drive Image
Norton Ghost
HDClone Pro or Enterprise
Terabyte Image for Windows
Terabyte Image for DOS (can directly access FAT, FAT32, and NTFS partitions)
Spotmau Disk Clone & Backup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-software.665681/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a file server and an exchange box that are both currently only being backed up using windows backup utility. I am looking to upgrade to an affordable software solution. What software would be recommended to schedule effective backups on both my server and exchange box both running windows server 2003? I'm not looking to spend an outrageous amount and I'm looking for something simple and effective.

A:Back up software

Acronis true image is the best around. I use it on a client's server. It takes an image of the server you can in case of disaster restore the image onto different hardware based server, so you are up and running in a couple of hours at the most. You can restore individual files. Our server backs up in 3 hours. The only downside is that it doesn't work very well with tapes for some reason. We have the image backed up by an online backup company, so there is always an image offsite and one onsite on an external drive ready to be booted from. It's really easy to use. I used veritas before but if a disaster happens it takes days to restore the server and data. Imaging is the way to go in my opinion. Hope that helps. GlitzyGirl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-software.109076/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I looked at go back ad from Computer magazine. Do you like the go back recovery software or is waste of buying it? I saw the awards from pc world E.T.C about go back software.

Thanks,

------------------

A:Go Back software

I was at a demonstartion for Go Back, when Gateway was looking at using it on the PCs they sell. The Sales person was very Technical, had us start Windows, delete all fun stuff in the Registry, exit to DOS, deltree win, and then, upon entering Bios setup, shut the system off. We restarted, and pressed the spacebar, selected the timeframe we wanted to "Go Back" to, and made all the bad stuff go away. Gateway is now offerring Go Back on some of their systems for a trial period in Europe, but it was implemented before the Millenium in the States. If that doesn't help you decide, I'm not sure what will.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/go-back-software.36804/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I am looking for software to record my personal favorite scenes from my own DVD Movie collection. Any recommondations?

P.S. This is for my personal use & not for boot legging!

A:DVD Back Up Software

I have NTI burning software on my PC and have never had a bad burn.

http://www.ntius.com/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-back-up-software.171466/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey everyone,
I am looking for a program that does automatic back-ups. I want to be able to choose what files/folders, and i want to be able to choose when it backs up. I would also like for it to monitor the programs for updates and instantly update them.

Thanks,
Ben

A:Best Back-Up software?

Hi Ben,

The Windows backup will do automatic backups, and you can tell it what to backup.

I'm not so sure about the real-time monitoring, though. I haven't seen any good programs that will do that.

You could create a system restore point on a schedule. That will backup the registry, and settings and the like.

You can also create a full system image, or include it in the scheduled backup. It does take up a chunk of space, but it allows for a complete restore in minutes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/67891-best-back-up-software.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey everybody. I Used add-on/remove programs to uninstall a demo of Ulead VideoStudio the other day, and now I need that back. I have tried data recovery, but I do not know what i'm looking for. Is there another way to easily get this back in control panel, or is there something else i must do?

Please help!

P.S: I cant download it again, so I need to recover it.

A:How to get software back

Hi, welcome to TSG.

Using data recovery tools you might be able to restore some of the files, but the registry entries are gone and the only way to get it working again is to reinstall the program. If the demo time has expired then there's not much you can do. Why do you need the program back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-software-back.698615/
Relevancy 43.86%

First,I am really bad with computers. Now,I have read the section on Reflect and it is too hard for me. Told you I was bad. I am looking for software,preferably freeware,that will back up my system daily. I would like it to just back-up new files and any changes to my system. I have been to Gizmo,CNET Major Geeks and others. I am just a bit overwhelmed. Can someone suggest a program for me. The simpler the better. Probably asking too much,but my portable hard drive is on its way for warranty repair and I am in need of this help. Thanks very much.

A:Back-up Software

Here.......
Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: SuperEasy 1-Click Backup 1.13.0 - All hard disks break down, eventually. In general, the failure rate for hard disks in their third year is 10%. ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/334223-back-up-software.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am looking for some SOFTWARE that will allow me to back up selected folders, e.g My Documents so I can retrieve individual docs by looking at the My Docs folder. I tried doing a full back up then went to find individual papers with no success. I have asked this question on the Backups forum but no one seems to have an answer.
Is there any software that will enable me to backup an individual folder and update documents in it rather than me having to go into the folder, find the doc concerned and then copy and poaste the new veresion?

Its all ab it complicated and hard to explain but if anyone as any suggestions (nice one's of course) I will be opleased to hear of them.

Regards,
RonBin79

A:Back up Software

Take a look at synctoy from Microsoft, Simple, yet powerful, and totally free
Can be used with a PC and a USB stick, Set up folders on stick, configure synctoy on PC, each time you insert stick in PC run program and latest version is automatically placed in both locations

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/320599-back-up-software.html
Relevancy 43.86%

We are looking for some software to use in order to run nightly backups over six networked (windows workgroup) PC's. All use Win 98 except one running ME.

Looking for something that will back up files and folders (preferably to a non-proprietary format) incrementally that can be automated to run on a nightly basis. We're looking for software that will basically copy selected files and folders to a specified hard drive on the network.

Any suggestions for software or other backup solutions?

Thank in advance.

A:Back Up Software

If you were savvy enough you could write a pretty simple batch file to do this and use the sceduler on the PC the files will be stored on to execute the batch file. As long as there are no files open on the network like databases it should run without a hitch. There of course would be no compression, but you could also automate a winzip session to run immediately following the batch file execution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-software.107735/
Relevancy 43.86%

Okay guys I have Veritas Back-up Exec version on a Win XP Pro machine using a Travan GB GB drive I have been having numerous problems with the software When I create new back-up jobs they work right for a few days and then just stop running Now it s not reporting and from scheduled me best back-up out Help here! software? tasks it look like they stopped running again I have been using this software for years without Help me out here! best back-up software? a problem but on XP Pro I m having problems I have installed deleted teh directories etc reinstalled and still new problems arise Now I am getting teh error quot error starting data management quot This is a brand new error and now back-up Exec will not run I m fed up which is a good replacement for XP Pro This machine acts as a file server and I am trying to back-up two Seagate GB hard drives in a USB attached RAID Box The second hard drive is an exact copy of the first one and XP Pro see s them as drive F I called Veritas and they only supply server back-up solutions now and they referred me to stomp inc which now owns and supplies the program Back-up my PC Have any of you use dthis software is it any good Thanks nbsp

A:Help me out here! best back-up software?

I don't think version 4 was ever meant to run on an NT based system. Use the built in backup in XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-out-here-best-back-up-software.198800/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Good Peoples I have just purchased a Segate external GB drive and it is to become the main storage for my big files like photos but more importantly as the backup for my lap top and desk top computers The drive has been partitioned appropriately for my use so it should all be fine but I noticed that the quot Bounce Back Express quot soggyware that software Back up came with it is deficient in one major feature If for example the lap top crashes I can t use the external as a bootable disk I would have to buy Seagates Bounce Back Professional Software to do it Any idea please Ideally I would like software Back up software that can configured to back up automatically too In the case of an internal disk crash or disk carking it which they do far Back up software to regularly I would like to be able to just restore the whole box and dice from the external Suggestions please Thanks in advance Cheers Ric nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have search some threads for recommendation, but I like to revisit this topic to see what products is best for backup, restoring, cloning. Also to be able to set automatic backups.

I have used ghost but it is has a hard time pulling through for me when in need, so I'm moving away from ghost.

Oh, has anyone use gdata? There was a link in a thread here that had reviews of antivirus programs, I can't find the thread now but this is how I found out about it.

Thanks!

A:Back up software

The windows 7 built in backup is quite nice. Easy to use and it's built in. So far has been reliable for me.

I personally use Acronis as it has always treated me well.

So....

+1 Windows7 Backup built in
+1 Acronis

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/153931-back-up-software.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi About five months ago back up me my Please software!!! help I bought a laptop from Dell and it came with a system restore cd Anyway last week I decided to reinstall Windows and everything from cd only to find out that i had no idea where the cd had gone I spent hours looking for it when i finally found it behind my desk I ve learned my lesson and now keep cds safely tucked away into a cd binder However this scared me quite badly I just realized that I have half of the Adobe Creative suit just lying around Please help me back up my software!!! in my office I ve got all of the licenses locked away in a fire proof safe where I ve also placed a newly purchased cd binder Now the question is how do i Please help me back up my software!!! backup my software to cds I know how to backup files that are freeware exe s But how do I backup an entire cd like my OEM Windows cd that starts when i ve put it into the computer at startup Or is it even possible Thanks I ve recently purchased Nero Ultra does this have an option to backup stuff Or are there any freeware apps to do so nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

My operating system is Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, Microsoft Windows XP Home, version 2002 - service pack 2, Pentium 4 cpu - 2.80 Ghz, with 512 MB ram. I would like to know what is a good back-up program I can use to periodically back-up the entire PC hard drive onto my Smartdisk Firelite exterior hard drive - Model # USBFLB80-C, Lot # JH5511. I have Telus Security which apparently doesn't like "Norton" which carrys the "Ghost" Program. So, apparently I can't use that one.

A:Back-up software

Free Drive Cloners/Imagers:

Macrium Reflect
Clonezilla (Bare-metal restoration from image)
Partimage
Dubaron Diskimage
SystemRescueCD
EaseUs Disk Copy (Copies disks or partitions)
XXClone
CloneZilla GParted LiveCD (Complete partitioning and drive imaging/restoration tools)
Partition Saving
PCI CloneMaxx
Drive Image XML
HDClone
DriveClonerXP
Self-Image
copyr.dma (Copies disk with bad sectors for recovery)

Commercial Apps:

Active@ Disk Image
O&O DiskImage
Acronis True Image Home
Farstone Drive Clone (Drive image, snapshots, file/folder backups.)
EAZ-FIX Professional and Easy Image
Drive Snapshot
ShadowProtect (Also online backups.)
Keriver Image
Avanquest Copy Commander
Paragon Drive Backup
NovaBackup
R-Drive Image
Norton Ghost
HDClone Pro or Enterprise
Terabyte Image for Windows
Terabyte Image for DOS (can directly access FAT, FAT32, and NTFS partitions)
Spotmau Disk Clone & Backup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-software.759851/
Relevancy 43.86%

what back up soft ware do you all use for xp?
i hate to say it.. but.. i am looking for something like time machine in OS X.. the software is AMAZING!
thanks!
Danny

Relevancy 43.86%

hi bro, whats the best software available for backing up windows xp-3 and restoring perfectly, can you kindly suggest me buddy.

thanks and regards
sandy

Relevancy 43.86%

I just perform a Windows 7 clean installation on my Hard Drive.
(No Hardware installed. Only applications like Anti-virus)

But, I still have 3 more computer left without OS. How can I perform this :

I want the 3 Computers to have the same applications and settings just like the first computer that I performed a clean installation of windows 7. Something like cloning.

"Without using Windows Deployment Services"

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/385301-what-software-best-way-do-back-up.html
Relevancy 43.86%

There must be a good , but free, backup software out there right?
Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

how do u back up softwares, ccleaner, malwarebytes, on external hard drive?

A:back up software

The only real way to backup installed software is an image of the disk it resides on. You can do this with Windows backup or with a third party solution such as Macrium Reflect (link in signature). There are some good tutorials on the site. You may want to start with this one. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/191157-back-up-software.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I need to back-up our files on a regular basis (around 2 weeks). It is for a noncomm radio station. In case the hard drive that plays all our music, programs, etc., goes down we need to have something to back-up all our software.

What software program would you recommend for us to use (we would back-up everything on an external hard-drive).

Thanks! Joe Josh

Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys, i want to move over several folders to an external HDD. what do you guys recommend?

I've tried a few, but on most of them I can't copy folders, only individual files.

is there anything out that will move sync files? say i download a program and i want it moved to the external drive. is there something that will do a mirror type setup?

thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

I have just setup a Win k SBS server with about clients I setup all the profiles Outlook My Docs Redirection etc and thought that the profiles had saved When the company went to use them no one was setup I went into the server and all the user folders were empty except a few I logged in and setup the profiles again thinking it was a fluke Now all the user folders have info in them they have been complaining about their Outlook not being setup when they use another machine I thought they just didn t know what they were doing But Copy to Back Profiles Roaming Server Won't the now I just set up new users and set them for roaming profiles I have logged in out about times each and nothing is showing up in the profiles I have all the info right as far as the active directory user profile path and permissions I have set this up multiple times before I am just wondering if there is some quirky software or something that is causing the problem These are all new Dell Optiplex s with a Poweredge server Roaming Profiles Won't Copy Back to the Server The only difference in this network than the others that have been setup is that the workstations have Office on them and the Dell s now come with a built-in ATI card instead of Intel I have read an article that an old NVIDIA driver caused this problem in the past Anyone had this problem with Dell s or ATI cards Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profiles-wont-copy-back-to-the-server.581132/
Relevancy 43.86%

What is the difference between Windows NT Back Office server and NT server?

------------------
David M. Gardner
[email protected]
[email protected]
Please send e-mail to both

A:{Advice Offered} - Back Office / Server

Back Office is NT Server plus other applications.

4.5 includes:

SQL Serverô 7.0, Systems Management Server 2.0, FrontPage 2000, Visual Interdev 6.0

and some other stuff.

Ah - just found a list on the MS site:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Question:
3. Exactly what components ship with the product in BackOffice Server 4.5?

Answer:
The following server components ship with BackOffice Server 4.5 and are fully integrated into BackOffice Server setup: &#61623; BackOffice Server Value Added Features including: o Intelligent, scenario based setup o BackOffice Server Deployment Wizard o BackOffice Server Manager consoles o BackOffice Web Administration o Intranet Starter Site o Seven Intranet Starter applications &#61623; Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 4 &#61623; Windows NT Option Pack (includes Internet Information Server 4.0, Index Server 2.0, Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0, Internet Explorer 5.0, Microsoft Message Queue Server and other components) &#61623; Exchange Server 5.5 with Service Pack 2 &#61623; SQL Server 7.0 &#61623; Systems Management Server 2.0 &#61623; Proxy Server 2.0 &#61623; Site Server 3.0 with Service Pack 2 &#61623; SNA Server 4.0 with Service Pack 2 The following client software ships with BackOffice Server: &#61623; Outlook 2000 &#61623; FrontPage 2000 (single user license) &#61623; Visual InterDev 6.0 (single user license) &#61623; Crystal Info 6.0 with 40 pre-defined BackOffice management reports (five user license)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-back-office-server.29566/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All I bought a user licensed Back Office Small Business Server which was un-installed as the company grew Business Office Server Small Back and SBS Back Office Small Business Server was no longer adequate for their needs The software includes all documents and licenses and have a proper invoice from the company confirming that it has been completely un-installed from their Back Office Small Business Server servers and that now i am the licensee I installed Back Office Small Business Server successfully using the registration ID provided on the original CD case However it asked for a digit ID before it installs office which I can t find anywhere in the pack or on the back of CD Called the company and they claim that they had gave me all the documents and Cd s and either can t be bother to look for it or they really think it was in the back However this leaves me in a somewhat undesirable position as I have already paid for the complete bundle which included Novell NT Workstations FaxWare ARCServe Backup Exec and a few others and am not able to complete the installation of my server and am left with a intranet without a domain controller Can anyone suggest where or how can I prove that I have genuine license and obtain a new digit id for office that is included in Back Office Small Business Server If this does not come free as I have already invested a lot in hardware and software I have no choice I did spend some time browsing Microsoft site hoping that I will find an option to apply for a new one but couldn t find any relevant link or option Can anyone please advise me what to do Many thanks in advance Regards Fash MD MSc Pgd BEng nbsp

A:Back Office Small Business Server

Hi big-brother

Welcome to TSG!

Please do not post duplicate threads. Reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/487323-licensed-back-office-small-business.html

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-office-small-business-server.487321/
Relevancy 43.86%

This was tricky to summarize in the title so - I have a Win pc running as an ftp server and NAS on my network plugged into one of the LAN ports of my router Normally this is in hibernation client Server won't accessed once to back sleep go 10 by Win mode and I use WOL from clients to wake and acccess the shares etc After a few minutes of inactivity the pc goes back into hibernation as per the power profile settings This was initially set up on an all Win network and has always worked as expected I now have a Win device which after a long slog works with this setup with the exception that once the remote Server won't go back to sleep once accessed by Win 10 client server is woken from Server won't go back to sleep once accessed by Win 10 client this device it never goes back into hibernation even after shutting down the Win PC I have Server won't go back to sleep once accessed by Win 10 client to manually force it at the server from whence it behaves normally until the next Win client access The hibernation works normally when the clients are win I realise it may be a Win issue but any insights regarding what Win might do differently would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61696-server-wont-go-back-sleep-once-accessed-win-10-client.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I thought I'm back?! 127.0.0.1:59274 keeps Proxy Server coming pretty good Proxy Server 127.0.0.1:59274 keeps coming back?! at cleaning malware but I am stumped by this one Most everything I run says the machine dell laptop is clean EXCEPT for HitManPro - that's a great app that I rarely see mentioned It says there is a proxy server on the machine See image below It doesn't consider this a threat but still - what's causing this If you look at Internet settings connections it does NOT show a proxy is set I can have hitman pro remove that I found a couple keys in the registry that have this proxy info - default user and s- - - user - see below also If I re-run hitman pro it says it's there's no proxy Reboot and those registry keys come back And again Hitman is the only one that catches this I tried telnet but don't get a response You can surf the web with or without this proxy set And Hitman doesn't consider it a threat I'd write it off as a false positive except it keeps coming back so there IS something setting those registry keys at restart not log off log back on I thought about a reg script to remove those at startup assuming they get created before my script would run But that seems like a kluge Any advice Some of the other apps that don't find anything that could be causing this include MalwareBytes SuperAntispyware ESET online scanner Housecall online scanner Syphos rootkit finder Microsoft Security Essentials Spyware Doctor Hijackthis Any other ways to try to find what's causing this registry key to return They have AIM set for startup which I turned off along with other apps But even with them off those registry keys keep coming back Thanks

A:Proxy Server 127.0.0.1:59274 keeps coming back?!

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/proxy-server-127-0-0-1-59274-keeps-coming-back-539200.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Proxy server is being automatically set to 127.0.0.1:57192. I have scanned the system using McAfee and it is not detecting the threat.

Any ideas on how to remove this?

See previous thread for more details at Proxy Server 127.0.0.1:59274 keeps coming back?!

Help appreciated!

A:Proxy Server 127.0.0.1:57192 keeps coming back?!

Hello ralmarsh,

Quote:

See previous thread for more details at Proxy Server 127.0.0.1:59274 keeps coming back?!

Are you the same person?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/proxy-server-127-0-0-1-57192-keeps-coming-back-560513.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Does someone know how I can upload my emails from Outlook back to the Yahoo server. I have an Yahoo Plus account.

A:Upload Yahoo Emails back to server

just select the e mail select the "forward" option and mail it back to yourself , obviously make sure your e mail client isnt set to automatically download or you'll just end up with it back on your desktop

you can also set your e mail client to leave a copy of the mails on the server everytime it downloads any mails.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/226747-upload-yahoo-emails-back-server.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all This is my first post outside the intro section so hello Also I hope this is the right section for for back-up/synch software right me? is Which this thread I ve finally got my Which back-up/synch software is right for me? act together and decided that I need a decent Which back-up/synch software is right for me? back-up solution for my data So as the title states I m looking for software recommendations from anyone with a little more experience of these things I ll describe my requirements and hopefully someone can prescribe me the right software - I use a TB Samsung external drive containing all my non-system files It is this that I m most interested in backing up - I have two GB internal drives one system one non-system It would be good to back these up too but the external is my priority - Both non-system drives internal and external contain a Truecrypt container that occupies half of their full capacity - I have a brand new TB Hitachi drive which will act as my back-up device - I need some free software that will automate my backing-up A pretty basic situation I guess but most of the back-up synch software I ve looked at including the Samsung and Hitachi software bundled with my externals seems primarily designed to back up system drives My main interest is in synching the two externals I have no clue how the Truecrypt containers will factor into this Since they just act like regular files I assume it wont be an issue I m not really sure what other info to give at this stage so I ll wait to see if any kind soul is willing to assist me before I expand on anything else All the best

A:Which back-up/synch software is right for me?

If you're willing to pay, go with this . It's called NovaBACKUP.Not sure how good this will work or not either, but: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/SyncBack.html .Or SyncToy if on Windows: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en . I really can't think of a good program that syncs the two externals... SyncBack or SyncToy might work. Sorry if I didn't help too much, that's all I could think of.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336778/which-back-upsynch-software-is-right-for-me/
Relevancy 43.43%

I tried to install external drive software so that I can back up my hard drive and I got this message:

Drive manager requires that the following requirement be installed on your computer prior to installing this application.

Requirement: MSXML 6.0 SP1[/b]
So then I press install and I get an error message telling me that installation failed.

I had some serious start up problems with my computer a couple of weeks ago and I will need reinstall everything. I was hoping that I could save my files and that is why I bought the external hard drive. Now it seems I cant get the software installed so that I can back it up! HELP!

A:Can't Install Back Up Software

Hi sheenzy !

The program tells you it's missing some files to work, simply install the missing component : Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 Service Pack 1
The file you need is msxml6_x86.msi

Make sure you have installed SP2 before you install that pack.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-back-up-software-237385.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys
I want to use a flash drive to back-up my files automatically. Files that I select. (Probably less than 5 GB)
Does Win 10 have a back-up utility that can do this? If so, how do I find it?
StanC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-software-windows.1169455/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a new Acer 5551 laptop (Windows 7 OS)

I want to create back up discs so that if the hard drive fails I can replace the hard drive and use the discs to restore it to the way it is now (same drivers, operating system etc.).

Please could you tell me what back up system I should use (there appears to be at least two Acer backup and Windows 7).
Thanks in advance.

A:Acer Back up Software

Win7 has an imaging program in Control Panel/Backup. This will restore the OS and any programs.
The recovery disks usually do the same, so I'd say use both.
Update them occasionally.
There is also a backup program in Control Panel you can use to keep your files backed outside of regular imaging or recovery disk creation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-back-up-software.971881/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

What's the best automated back-up software? I want to back up certain directories to my external hard drive every single night, so I'd like a software that detects all file changes and additions within those directories and backs them up onto the external.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whats-the-best-automated-back-up-software-183983.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay guys I have Veritas Back-up Exec version on a Win XP Pro machine using a Travan GB GB drive I have been having numerous problems with the software When Back-up Best Software replacement? I create new back-up jobs they work Best Back-up Software replacement? right for a few days and then just stop running Now it s not reporting and from scheduled tasks it look like they stopped running again I have been using this software for years without a problem but on XP Pro I m having problems I have installed deleted teh directories etc reinstalled and still new Best Back-up Software replacement? problems arise Now I am getting teh error quot error starting data management quot This is a brand new error and now back-up Exec will not run I m fed up which is a good replacement for XP Pro This machine acts as a file server and I am trying to back-up two Seagate GB hard drives in a USB attached RAID Box The second hard drive is an exact copy of the first one and XP Pro see s them as drive F I called Veritas and they only supply server back-up solutions now and they referred me to stomp inc which now owns and supplies the program Back-up my PC Have any of you use dthis software is it any good Thanks nbsp

A:Best Back-up Software replacement?

Doesn't XP Pro come with a built in back-up solution (I think it's built with Back-up Exec)?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gettingstarted/guide/backup.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-back-up-software-replacement.198793/
Relevancy 43.43%

I was wondering if you could Recommend Back Up Software. That can do incremental backups. Something that's good and fast.

A:Recommend Back Up Software?

Acronis makes some excellent products - check them out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recommend-back-up-software-418318.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Whilst downloading Microsoft Service Pack my system developed Fatal Error Code STOP C a and I had to use the F button to perform a recovery Up Re-loading from CD's Back Software The recovery has re-loaded Windows XL home Edition and added the Re-loading Software from Back Up CD's titles of other bundled software to the directory but it has not added the programs themselves such as Microsoft Works When I first had the PC I done a back up Re-loading Software from Back Up CD's copy onto High Capacity CD-R s Now when I put them into my CD drive to re-load the lost software I cannot get the CD s to run I have looked into the CD Properties and got a name EN GB SP G but if I go to RUN and type this in the CD will not run HOW CAN I GET THE CD s to RUN amp RE-LOAD MY SOFTWARE Currently when I log on I get screen message Component THREED OCX or one of it s dependancies is not correctly registered A file is missing or invalid WHAT DOES THIS MEAN amp HOW CAN I FIX IT nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello people I wonder if any one can help with my Back / clone up software scenario regarding backing up imaging and the relevant software to explain I bought a one touch backup system a few years ago so I could back up my laptop data onto a seperate hard drive I have actually not really used it seriously because when I realised the software it came with PC clone Back up / clone software EX Lite does not really clone it only has a facility to back up user specified data I was somewhat disappointed and gave up What I really want it to do is take an image of the whole operating system and data and transplant it onto the USB hard drive so that if I get a problem with my laptop I can just transfer it all back on to it or a new hard drive I ve put in it if it happens to die Which incidentally has done in the past and why I m trying to be pro-active now The problem I have is that is seems like a mine-field in terms of software do s and don ts can and cant s and each time I try do this I get bogged down in reading hundreds of different and contradicting posts and give up My questions are can this be done can it be done with my docking station or would I need a specific driver perhaps and can it be done freely with software I can find on the internet Thanks in advance to any help nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I have somewhat of a dilema I have several back up programs that will back up my os should anything happen but they only create a back up there is no significant compression and for the most part I can copy my entire hard disk to another hard disk without these programs even windows ulitimate has a back up program but after it is done with the GBs on my hard drive the ending result is a GB back up I am wondering if there are other software options that I can use to say create an ISO image which might be considerably smaller or if there might be something out there I can use that has a compression ratio that would make the back up considerably smaller the Idea that i have is to create a recovery for my OS as I back up my individual files to an external hard drive and disks but am unable to do this with my OS any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

hey guys, i'm looking for something that will backup my work every night at around 11pm (or the next time the PC is turned on).

i'm basically using my PC's internal drive for Windows and programs etc and my work is saved to an external drive. i want to start backing up my work from that external drive to another external drive that's connected to the PC.

what is the best software to do this? i just want something simple that works.

thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys,so i bought a second hand HP pavilion dv7 yesterday, i was trying to erase the current user on there, so i went to restore teh whole computer to get rid of all his files, accounts, etc. during this process, i accidently tapped the off button, and it erased everything from my computer, it came up with a BIOS screen, and i could not go anywhere else except there. i went to JBHIFI this morning, and with great difficulty have finally got the computer running on the windows 10 (64bit).i was wondering if there was any way i could get the HP software and apps that were on here before, back on again?thanks for taking the time, hope someone can help.reguards, A

A:How do i get the hp software back on my notebook?

Hi @annwa, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook and wanting some software back on the Notebook. Without the recovery disks for the Notebook it could be very challaging and with changing to Windows 10 might be impossible. Most of the software has been changed. I would be happy to try and find software that is needed. I would need the Model Number of the Notebook or you could try checking here. Please get back to me how this goes. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-i-get-the-hp-software-back-on-my-notebook/td-p/5632006
Relevancy 43.43%

I know it is out of date to use Windows 7, (I would like to learn Linux, lol), but is there a good drive back up program still around for Windows 7 ?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/back-up-software-for-windows-7.311144/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have WIN XP Pro and want to back up my documents, addresses, favorites, etc in an efficient and easy way. Can someone provide a recommendation for a back up software routine or should I try to use an XP utililty? I would prefer using freeware if possible.

A:Back up data software

I use TaskZip, it allows you to specify multiple folders and/or files, compresses them into ZIP files, and allows multiple generations of backups to co-exist. It allows you to schedule backups for every day, week, or month.

While there is a comment about possible problems with NT4+, I've run this application on 2K and XP on a number of systems, and I've never had any issues.

Did I mention it was free?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-data-software.350759/
Relevancy 43.43%

and just how reliable it is..

http://tinyurl.com/mon92

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys,so i bought a second hand HP pavilion dv7 yesterday, i was trying to erase the current user on there, so i went to restore teh whole computer to get rid of all his files, accounts, etc. during this process, i accidently tapped the off button, and it erased everything from my computer, it came up with a BIOS screen, and i could not go anywhere else except there. i went to JBHIFI this morning, and with great difficulty have finally got the computer running on the windows 10 (64bit).i was wondering if there was any way i could get the HP software and apps that were on here before, back on again?thanks for taking the time, hope someone can help.reguards, A

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/How-do-i-get-the-hp-software-back-on-my-notebook/td-p/5632006
Relevancy 43.43%

my friend needs help with his computer quot I was burnt using the Vista Home Premium Backup and Restore software I did a complete backup and Recovery but when I tried to reload my data the disks were unreadable I managed to finely get them copied but it did no good In short I lost so much irreplaceable data that I am now very gun shy I have plenty of computer a Duo Core Need can Software files back up that b GB of Memory c HDs a TB and a GB The TB is my unpartitioned C drive The GB has the D Need Software that can back up files partition where I want the Need Software that can back up files Image Clone of the C Need Software that can back up files drive as well as a GB E partition for Vista Recovery files that I want to leave unmolested d USB ports where I plan to dock and designate with a fixed drive letter one fairly large flash drive Either GB or GB as the need dictates I am looking for a piece of backup software that will do the following First above all else IT MUST WORK It must allow me to create a bootable recovery DVD s It must be able to make an exact copy of my C drive on my D drive nightly while unattended Mirror I believe is what I want This will require writing from a larger partition to a smaller one but there will not be too much data i e the D drive will not be full at any time as I want to overwrite it on each full backup When the process is complete this drive must be bootable with little or no reconfiguration This copying cloning or updating process must be done in conjunction with other scheduled events updates disc defrag etc It will be scheduled to run nightly It must support the process in when using an external hard drive with USB interface This is a future consideration but I want the software capable from the beginning because I don t how close the future might be It must sense and backup to a flash drive any data the moment it is created stored That would include documents spreadsheets music photos graphics and any other newly created data This process must take place in the background without disturbing operator Minor slowing is acceptable It must allow a manual full backup to RW DVDs on demand of the operator There must be no compression or proprietary formats strictly readable formatting is all I am willing to deal with It must be able to automatically backup Windows Mail Not Outlook or Outlook Express to include Contacts All emails as well as any configurations I have established While cost is always a factor I would gladly pay up to for the prefect program Of course I would consider a less expensive piece of commercial shareware or even freeware quot Can anyone help nbsp

A:Need Software that can back up files

The Vista complete backup has worked perfectly for me:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/insight/sof...C-Backup-utility/0,139023769,339272295,00.htm
You must upgrade to Ultimate or Vista Business to have this feature.
Acronis True image is highly regarded for this purpose also, and might be the best choice.

Nero Backitup also works well.
There might be a way to do #5, but this sounds like a job for a RAID 1 setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-software-that-can-back-up-files.796415/
Relevancy 43.43%

Is there any security software (antivirus, antispyware, firewall) you'd never go back to? Maybe a horrible experience? Internet reviews?

In my case, i'll stay as far as i can from AVG. Everytime i used it, it failed. When i install it on someone's PC he gets infected. Some time ago i gave it a try on a VM and it still fails as much as the Hindenburg.

A:Security Software You'd Never Go Back To

Morvotron said:

Is there any security software (antivirus, antispyware, firewall) you'd never go back to? Maybe a horrible experience? Internet reviews?

In my case, i'll stay as far as i can from AVG. Everytime i used it, it failed. When i install it on someone's PC he gets infected. Some time ago i gave it a try on a VM and it still fails as much as the Hindenburg.Click to expand...

I remember the old Windows XP times when I was younger and unexperienced I was downloading each software from Softonic and I had a lot of toolbars, sweetpage, babylon search and so on, with my silent AVG. I Always managed to remove those infection without any second opinion scanner (I didn't even know what malwarebytes was). Also me, I bypassed AVG on the first day of testing with ransomware

https://malwaretips.com/threads/security-software-youd-never-go-back-to.59526/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am looking for advice on back up software, preferably free. What I would like is a program which can be run manually so that I do not have to keep an external disc permanently connected (in case ransomware scrambles the lot) but which after the first run will only back up files which have changed since the last run (to save time). Is there such a program and, if so, has anybody got experience of running it in the way I describe?

A:Advice on Back Up Software

MAcrium reflect free take a full image first then take differential images.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/advice-back-software-4605834/
Relevancy 43.43%

We had one machine in a -machine cluster get a stop error last friday The app support people helped me to shift all services over to the other server but then I wanted to load balance again They told me I would have to install SP and all the updates on both before we could So I Cannot 2003 2 back roll Server pack service did and we restarted Then once he tried to activate the other server in the cluster the failed one would not cooperate They kept reporting duplicate IP addresses and thus would not work So we put it back Cannot roll back Server 2003 service pack 2 the way it was and looked at the failed one I could not access the network connections to config the interfaces and I could not uninstall programs I booted into safe mode and I can see the adapters but I still cannot roll back the SP or uninstall programs When I try to uninstall SP in safe mode it tells me that there is a file missing It doesn t specify which one When I try to re-install SP it tells me there is a file missing It doesn t specify which one When I try to uninstall SP in Cannot roll back Server 2003 service pack 2 normal windows it just hangs at inspecting configuration Same w re-install I have tried uninstalling through the command prompt also Same thing If I stick my thumb drive in there it hangs at installing that So there is something terribly wrong with this machine Reinstalling windows from scratch is NOT an option right now because there is Oracle software and settings on here that the vendor Cannot roll back Server 2003 service pack 2 will charge out the a to reinstall Any ideas of what I can try Besides wiping out windows nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-roll-back-server-2003-service-pack-2.663614/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All I bought a user licensed Back Office Small Business Server which was un-installed as the company grew and SBS was no longer adequate for their needs The software includes all documents and licenses and have a proper invoice from the company confirming that it has been completely un-installed from their servers and Server Back licensed Business Office Small that now i am the licensee I installed Back Office Small Business Server successfully using the registration ID provided on the original CD case However it asked for a digit ID before it installs office which I can t find anywhere in the pack or on the back licensed Back Office Small Business Server of CD Called the company and they claim that they had gave me all the documents and Cd s and either can t be bother to look for it or they really think it was in the back However this leaves me in a somewhat undesirable position as I have already paid licensed Back Office Small Business Server for the complete bundle which included Novell NT Workstations FaxWare ARCServe Backup Exec and a few others and am not able to complete the installation of my server and am left with a intranet without a domain controller Can anyone suggest where or how can I prove that I have genuine license and obtain a new digit id for office that is included in Back Office Small Business Server If this does not come free as I have already invested a lot in hardware and software I have no choice I did spend some time browsing Microsoft site hoping that I will find an option to apply for a new one but couldn t find any relevant link or option Can anyone please advise me what to do Many thanks in advance Regards Fash MD MSc Pgd BEng nbsp

A:licensed Back Office Small Business Server

The only thing you can do is call Microsoft and plead your case to them to get a new key. Start here:

Microsoft Customer Service, US phone 1-800-426-9400.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/licensed-back-office-small-business-server.487323/
Relevancy 43.43%

since i've been asking this to a lot people right now i might inform you that i've been noted that i should post my question here instead of here how can I bring back a server-share to a win -notebook - Windows Help Forums so if it workd out shall close the other thread immediately i have a new win -notebook connected to a workgroup-ethernet-network via router to which a windows version unknown -server is connected and other clients of them macs xp-pcs on all machines other machines resp shares are constantly visible in quot network places quot the server-share a client- share which has no internet access a client- -with-internet-access-share the notebook gets internet via the wall-plugged lan from a router-plugged DSL-router all issues mentioned here are not dependent on which lan-wall-socket is used there are in each room there is no wlan-accesspoint issue the notebook is not seeing not in net places and not forceable the server-share despite the fact that the share has been used before to install a bigger client-server software which worked first appearance some day someone tried to access a lan-wall-plug-connected printer for printing back how I to a a bring server-share can win8-notebook? which at that time could be seen in network places as then could the server after which both disappeared unfortunately above said client-server-sw is not working anymore on the notebook how can I bring back the how can I bring back a server-share to a win8-notebook? server-share to the win -notebook

A:how can I bring back a server-share to a win8-notebook?

This type of problem usually requires that you change the lanman server parameters in order to get Windows 8 working with older servers. Do these adjustments on the Windows 8 machines that needs to connect to the server.

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy

Local Policies - Security Options

Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
Set to Send LM & NTLM responses only

Set the Minimum session security for NTLM SSP
Disable Require 128-bit encryption

Reboot all machines after making the adjustment.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26738-how-can-i-bring-back-server-share-win8-notebook.html
Relevancy 43.43%

i have a new win -notebook connected to a workgroup-ethernet-network via router to which a windows version unknown -server is connected and other clients of them macs xp-pcs on all machines other machines resp shares are constantly visible in quot network places quot the server-share a client- share which has no internet access a client- -with-internet-access-share the notebook gets internet via the wall-plugged lan from a router-plugged DSL-router all issues mentioned here are not dependent on which lan-wall-socket is used there are in each room there is no wlan-accesspoint issue the notebook is not seeing not in to bring back server-share a how I can win8-notebook? a net places and not forceable the server-share despite the fact that the share has been used before to install a bigger client-server software which worked first appearance some day someone tried to access a lan-wall-plug-connected printer for printing which at that time could be seen in network places as then could the server after which both disappeared unfortunately above said client-server-sw is not working anymore on the notebook how can I bring back the server-share to the win -notebook

A:how can I bring back a server-share to a win8-notebook?

Can I ask, What are the sharing permissions set as on the Windows server as these will need to be set as the same groups found on local machines since you said that you are connected using a workgroup rather than a domain. Also, are you able to ping the windows server at all?

Could you open a command prompt and type the following:

Code:
net view
Is your server which has the inaccessible share listed?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293557-how-can-i-bring-back-server-share-win8-notebook.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys, I'm looking for a off site back up for our small business here. we have probably about 500 gb of data we want backed up and the existing data will be purged out with updated data weekly.
We have a file server running windows server 2003 (yes i know its out of service) and we just want a good off site back up for a files and also an actual IMAGE of our system.
any suggestions?
thanks in advanced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582751/best-off-site-back-up-for-small-business-windows-server/
Relevancy 43.43%

http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic htmlSo if a growing Server back. infection Has 2003, keeps rootkit you read that thread you see that I was asked to create a DDS and GMER log and post them to this forum I have been met with failure DDS will not run Server 2003, Has a rootkit infection keeps growing back. on the Server OS It just says that the OS is not supported I have tried twice to run GMER it will start and popup a box saying that it detects rootkit activity There are also a few entries in the log that appear to look like they are attached to svchost They are the randomly lettered file names that viruses are so fond of these days The jpeg that I have attached is a screen shot of GMER before it goes into Server 2003, Has a rootkit infection keeps growing back. it s main scan so you can see the namesI uncheck the appropriate boxes and tell it to scan after about minutes it hangs the machine It will not respond to control alt-delete and there is no disk activity that I can hear I have had to reset the machine I have let it remain in this state for over an hour with no results Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide iGmO

A:Server 2003, Has a rootkit infection keeps growing back.

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353744/server-2003-has-a-rootkit-infection-keeps-growing-back/
Relevancy 43.43%

pleaaaase please help me this is driving me nuts! internet explorer/chrome always falls back to proxy server (which i never used) i did like all the web pages say: unselect proxy, select automatic settings reboot. it will always come back to proxy...

is there a way to fix this? is this happeneing because i have a virus?

thanks for your help!

A:internet explorer always falls back to proxy server

Hi,
Uninstall Chrome,
Then Reset Internet explorer and see if the issue repeats,
See a tutorial here to Reset Internet explorer,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1222-internet-explorer-reset.html
After Resetting ie9 or 10,
I would add this to the tutorials process

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/329881-internet-explorer-always-falls-back-proxy-server.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently installed Windows Server on what was my Windows XP Pro computer I thought that I had to install a Windows Server disk that came with my book for a Microsoft Server certification class but 2008 go like to back XP would Windows Server Recently installed to that I am currently taking As it turns out I didn t need to because we are working with live servers through Microsoft Recently installed Windows Server 2008 but would like to go back to XP IT Academy Since I have installed Server on my computer I have had trouble with many different things and would just like to go back to XP My XP worked great and I never had any problems with it I would like to know how I go about putting XP back on my computer I only have one Recently installed Windows Server 2008 but would like to go back to XP hard drive C and the only operating system on it now is Server Also I have the OS disk that came with my Dell XPS From Recently installed Windows Server 2008 but would like to go back to XP reading around online though it looks like it s not just as simple as inserting the disk and letting it go Can anyone give me some guidance or advice on this I would appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 43%

My computer has a TB internal hard drive and then I have two identical TB external USB drives for backups and additional space In the beginning when we had another computer we backed up our C drive to the x drive and the x drive to the y drive with some sort of software Over a year software and up questions hardware Back ago we got a new computer and we were really busy and never dealt with the Back up hardware and software questions back up I haven't lost anything but I really need to do some work on our storage situation So here is where I need your help I need some sort of software that will help me sort Back up hardware and software questions out what is where and what is duplicated Get is all in one place again so I can start backing up again Does that exist My X drive is getting very full My husband does a lot of photography and we are overflowing with photos Maybe I even need more space on a new drive but for now I just need to make sure I am not storing a bunch of junk Any advice will be appreciated I know this sounds like a mess because it is Second I need some sort of really good but hopeful not too expensive software that will do a really good reliable backup Something simple would be good What I need is software that is really intelligent so that it looks at the last backup and only backs up what is new right Anyway any advice is great If we decide to add more hardware anyone have any advice on reasonably priced big drives that work well and last I know I can post this in Hardware but it sort of goes with this post Thanks

A:Back up hardware and software questions

Ok so maybe that is too complicated sorry I tend to be wordy  .  So does anyone know of a good backup software?  Lets just see if anyone can help me with that part.  PLEASE   Or maybe even a source of good reviews for software.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526929/back-up-hardware-and-software-questions/
Relevancy 43%

well my computer is like 6 years old, maby, and i have been experinceing some problems, and i want to back up my hard drive onto dvds and reformate my hard drive.

but im having a problem choosing what is the best to use, so i dont mess up anyhting, by it corrupting the data of my old computer.

anyways... i need to ask what it the best program to use for backing up my hard drive to dvds.

what would be the best?

thanks-

A:Back Up Hard Dive Software?

You could use either Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost and create an image of your drive. Then, after reformatting, you could restore the drive to exactly what it was before reformatting.

The trouble with this method is that I cannot see any advantage to reformatting and doing this because you will have exactly the same installation after formating as you did before.

If you want a clean install and only want to backup your data at this time, I would use Cobian Backup (freeware). I have used it for many years and it is a very good program.

After the Cobian backup, you could reformat the drive and then reinstall all your program files.

Then reinstall all your data files from Cobian and at that time you should have a clean re-installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-hard-dive-software.439431/
Relevancy 43%

hey guys, just looking for an effective backup solution that will check data to make sure everything has been copied over. i was using something that had this feature a while ago, but can't remember the name. would be great if it could schedule daily or weekly backups, but not essential.

thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have a few questions about backing up dvds. one is it really legal to back up a copy of your own dvds?

2. What are the or is the best backing up software?

3. I currently use xcopy. For dvd's with multiple episodes of a series (peticularly Alias) what kind of software would I use. Xcopy seems to only pick up the first episode and splits it funny with only 2gig on one disk and like 200MB on the other.

4. What is up with the dual layer thing? Can we burn dual layer dvds or is that just commercial stuff? what is it about, can i overcome it without putting a dvd on two dvds backed up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-to-back-up-copywrited-dvds.220873/
Relevancy 43%

Kind of new to this personal computer stuff I programmed mainframe back-up software mirroring hardware or applications for twenty years but never got into pc s or windows Anyway since you all know I m a novice in need of advice here goes I m running windows ME platform on a custom built processor with twin Gb hard drives mirroring software or back-up hardware The programs I have installed consume allot of space on both quot c quot and quot d quot drive My worst fear happened a five month old quot d mirroring software or back-up hardware quot drive mirroring software or back-up hardware crashed Am getting another free under warrenty but guess what I lost Right all of quot d quot Not to bad I can reload quot d quot ok I need advice on how or what I can buy to do complete back-ups of my drives or what mirror software works good so I can mirror quot c quot to quot d quot and vise versa Anyone have any ideas whats good or what I should do I can t stand talking to sales people because thier product is always the cats behind nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I want to replace my hard drive. I have 2 external drives with backups of all documents and photos.
I don't mind doing an install of windows 7 on the new drive, but hate reinstalling software.
Is it possible to transfer all software from a backup? thanks

A:Anyway to back up software to external drive?

Not usually, because the installation routine for many (most?) Windows applications create their own unique Windows Registry entries as well as scattering their program files and folders all over the place.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578487/anyway-to-back-up-software-to-external-drive/
Relevancy 43%

I would appreciate software recommendations for backing up a non-networked 32 bit Win 7 PC with 600 gB of installed hard drives. Proprietary as well as open source software is of interest.

Is there any advantage to only regularly backing up the OS and e-mail files as much of the other data does not change with great frequency?

Thanks, in advance, for all advice and suggestions.

A:Back-up Software Recommendation Sought

I strongly recommendimaging using Macrium Reflect Free (here is a good tutorial on how to use Macrium Reflect) for backing up System files (OS and programs; they should be kept on a separate drive or partition from data).

For data, I prefer a folder/file syncing program, such as FreeFileSync. Imaging, while necessary for backing up system files A folder/file syncing program works by comparing the folders and/or drives you have selected on a source drive to the ones on a destination drive to see what has changed, then copies and pastes new and changed files from the source drive to the destination drive and deletes files on the destination drive that had been deleted on the source drive as need to make the destination drive essentially an exact copy of the source drive.

An added feature of FreeFileSync is it can be configured to send files deleted on the destination drive to a versioning folder or drive. This helps to protect you from losing accidentally deleted files. I have a drive dedicated to versioning and I also back that drive up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/379020-back-up-software-recommendation-sought.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I am wanting to re-install my windows OP soon, but I dread having to go through the process of re-installing every program I currently have installed, and want to keep...

I remember some one using a program that could make a back up of all of the computer's user settings, and program installations, so that after they re-installed windows, they could simply restore those programs back onto the windows Hard drive and registry.
Does anyone know what I am talking about?
If so, what would be the name of such a program?

Relevancy 43%

Would anyone recommend to me any back-up software which would enable me to back up Files and/or System? Allan

A:File and System Back-up Software

Backup Applications For All Seasons:

For boot image backups, Acronis True Image, available at NewEgg for $30 downloaded, search for Acronis.

For file backups, Cobian Backup, available free from the author's site.

For synchronizing folders and even whole data drives, Beyond Compare

For synchronizing backup folders, SyncToy, available free from Microsoft.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-and-system-back-up-software.614643/
Relevancy 43%

I am interested in backing up my files with an on-line company and was hoping I could get a few recommendations to any of you that use such a backup, such a Carbonite or one of those companies.

My main concern is I'm not particularly happy about having anything running in the background all the time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:On-line back software recommendations

I use Google Docs, Picasa Web Gallery and MS Sky Drive. They are manual, but have a reasonable interface and plenty of room.
I just upgraded my Google storage to 20GB for $5.00 a year.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-line-back-software-recommendations.967312/
Relevancy 43%

Hope you all had a good christmas!!

I'm looking for a easy to use, full system back up software. Ideally though it has to be easy to recover my system in the event of it errr ummm 'messing up' i.e similar to laptop recovery software that you just run.

If any of you have any suggestions please leave some comments.

Thank-you