Windows Support Forum

HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue

Q: HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue

After cleaning my old s full wipe out changing thermal paste etc I had issue with turning it on and at the end issue was caused by one of screws that was to tightened in loosing it a bit solved issue atleast it looked like it Day after I got error when starting system Bios table DSDT Editing - - Fan HP Issue Speed 4510s corrupt or missing flashing Bios with latest version sorted issue but after that my CPU fan is constantly running on tried several programs for controll but none can detect it only Aida is detecting that its running on while its obvius its on nbsp After a bit of research I cheched motherboard inch by inch if there is maybe any broken capacitator cable or something and everything seems fine So I ended up in trying to edit DSDT table issue is I can't find lines that are responsible for fan speed so if anyone can assist in searching lines pointing to HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue them or some other possible solution I would be really thankfull nbsp nbsp Here is my DSDT table nbsp http pastebin com BpxHpaZJ

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue

Well, managed to find lines responsible for Fan speed controll, and after changing and updating, fan is still on 100%, even tried to set all values to 10% or 20% etc, it just ignores it and its still on full power, system is cold, its not overheating issue... Only thing i can try is to reinstall windows (win 7 x64) but I doubt it will help... Suspecting its hardware issue (altho I crossed that possibility)... Anyone had similar issue maybe?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-4510s-Editing-DSDT-table-Fan-Speed-Issue/td-p/2904903
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I have a HP Probook s which has a good level of speed Using the windows desktop gadget tool i found that normal the CPU is running at - depending on what i am doing and when the laptops comes out of stand by the CPU normal is around and then goes down to about until i start to work on the machine when it changes to accommodate the task in hand However Over the last couple of day the CPU has been running fine until i speed... HP 4510s Probook CPU start using the laptop after it been in stand by At the moment when i bring the system out of stand by the CPU jumps straight to and the system is no longer capable of running simple tasks the only solution is to re-start the laptop and then the CPU returns to normal until stand HP Probook 4510s CPU speed... by when the same happens again Why does this happen Why has it not happened before How do i fix it Thanks

A:HP Probook 4510s CPU speed...

Using xperf from the performance toolkit is probably your best bet. There's an MSDN blog post (with video tutorial) on how to do this specifically (the only problem is the command Tate runs in the cmd prompt is a little hard to read - it's "xperf -on latency -stackwalk Profile").

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/102387-hp-probook-4510s-cpu-speed.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have two HP ProBook 4510s laptops which both had the same issue of not booting up.  One of them has started working, but on the other the issue remains.  Upon pressing the power on button, the wireless indicator light on the front of the laptop continuously changes between orange and blue.  I can hear the fan running, but there is no output on the screen. I've tried the usual steps of removing the AC power and battery and holding down the power button, but to no avail. Has anyone else had the same or similar issue? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ProBook-4510s-Boot-Issue-Blue-Orange-Wireless-Light/td-p/5823040
Relevancy 61.49%

I haven't used ACCESS in a long time and need some help editing a table. Somehow this table was imported into ACCESS from another old database program called Paradox. I am trying to edit the table but keep getting this message:

Updating data in a linked table is not suported by this ISAM.

Can anyone please explain (not a beginner Access user) how to get around this?

Thanks very much! [email protected]

Relevancy 60.2%

I have Access 2000. I have gotten one of my databases imported into it and created a query and report.

Now when I go try to change a record, I am getting "updating data in a linked table is not supported by this isam"

Help tells me that i need "installable isam". What do I need to do? I've never run into this before.

It's a simple subscriber database I use to print mailing labels. I had it in MS Works, but the new works is too complicated and I can't figure out how to print my labels in it. :S

A:Editing Records in Access 2000 table

I don't know about the "installable isam", but I did just import an Excel spreadsheet into my new DB and noted the option to "link tables" rather than actually import the data. It sounds like you may have accidentally done this. Unless you've drastically changed the data in your table, I would change the name slightly and import the data again to test this. Save the new table as the name referenced by your query and report and see if you get the same error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/editing-records-in-access-2000-table.438836/
Relevancy 54.61%

i'm trying to install mac OS X on my acer veriton m661 but i cant find the dsdt drivers for my motherboard !
so please , someone help me

A:need DSDT drivers for acer veriton M661

You'll have more luck here - OSx86.net

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/276556-need-dsdt-drivers-acer-veriton-m661.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So I'm trying to compile an error-free dsdt on this new 2540p I bought. Guys at mac forum have helped me out but after going from hundreds of errors down to 0, I'm now getting acpi compliance error bsod when trying to start win7 64 (I've tried the original version that came with it - home premium and the enterprise that I own). 2 gb of ram = no problems. 4 or more = bsod. Everything is as up to date as can be - there is no option in bios to turn of acpi.

I've tried pretty much anything I can think of at this point - on my 4th reinstall as we speak. I will try win8.1 install after this but would greatly prefer if someone can help me out or point me in the right direction.

A:HP2540P goes blue screen when compiling dsdt and adding ram

Maybe this will help, especially the final post #5 :- http://forums.mydigitallife.info/th...ustom-DSDT-aml?p=566863&viewfull=1#post566863

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp2540p-goes-blue-screen-when-compiling-dsdt-and-adding-ram.1146671/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have lost sound on HP probook 4510s for no obvious reason.I have tried all suggested remedies all to no avail.According to diagnostics every thing is ok and speaker device is working properly.I am using Windows 7 pro.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-probook-4510s.1127685/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I need some help to upgrade one laptop. I wanna know if it's worth upgrade it. I have an Hp ProBook 4510s AW998US and I'm considering upgrade it and make it the fastest I can. I want to upgrade the processor, memory ram, etc.  I need some help in whats parts I can upgrade and what parts I have to install. I'm considering upgrade it while I make budget and buy a new one. Thanks.

A:Upgrade Hp ProBook 4510s AW998US

@FrancoDiaz? What CPU do you have installed now??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-Hp-ProBook-4510s-AW998US/td-p/5736670
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
I have a Hp Probook 4510s laptop and when i turn it on it goes to the HP Welcome screen (before the win 7 boot image) and in the corner of the screen i get a message saying "Invalid Serial Number" and then it just goes to a black screen and does not boot.

I have tried reinstalling but it does not boot in to the install process...
How do i fix this???
The docs on it are backed up so that is not a prob i just need to get it going asap...
help me fix this please...
how do i fix it?
Thanks

A:Hp Probook 4510s boot problem... please help...

Hello 7tech.

Have a look at the info below.

Information

HP Recovery Center

Be advised: that this will take the machine back to the point when you first took it of the box.

The "HP Recovery Center" will give you the option to send to backup anything you
don't want to lose, so have backup media available to use if you choose this option.

With the machine off press the power button, as soon as you do that start tapping the F11 key.
It may take several attempts to do this, if the first attempt fails, try again.

That should take you to the HP Recovery Center. When there just follow the prompts.

It is pretty much self explanatory. From the time you boot into F11 (not counting
any backups you choose to make) you should be back on a working desktop in about
30 minutes. After it restarts just follow the prompts again to finish the process.

If your first option is system restore select no, which should take you to system recovery.
You want to try system recovery not system restore, unless you have good restore points!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/117543-hp-probook-4510s-boot-problem-please-help.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi nbsp I have a probook s and it keeps shutting down each - minutes or so I cleaned the fan and every 2 4510s minutes shutdown HP probook ventilization holes and I am testing it now CPU temperature is around - typical for the cores I updated the bios to the last version too Howver the problem is as follows nbsp When it shuts down I test voltage on the charger output which should be v and it is ZERO yes volts on charger output after it shuts down by itself nbsp to work again I unplug it from the AC then re-plug it there the charger outputs HP probook 4510s shutdown every 2 minutes v again open circuit of course this is so weird if it is a heating problem why the charger behave like this is this a charger issue do you recommend buying a cheap charger because HP probook 4510s shutdown every 2 minutes there is no where I can get an original one now nbsp one other note the usb near the cpu left side has ports the one near to me is broken from the inside and when I plug a usb device the whole laptop shuts down but this is not the cause here as I don't use that port anymore nbsp another note I am using a usb keyboard and mouse becuase the original keyboard is broken Wifi doesn't work at all too nbsp please help I need the laptop to be fixed ASAP nbsp thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-probook-4510s-shutdown-every-2-minutes/td-p/5647062
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

I have a partition call PqRP (view via Norton Partition Magic 8.0). Originally if not wrong I created a partition Y. I tried to create a Partition after it and it woudl not allow me, thus the whole partition becomes PqRP.

Understand that ptedit works for this type of problem. However you mentioned Partition Table Doctor - does this help too?

I ahve not tried ptedit. The process is quite complicated/. I coul not see the Partition in My Computer.

If anyone knows how to use ptedit, please provide some tips. This is a different HD from the HD with C Drive where Windows is installed. HD drives are as follows: C,D,E,R,P,SU. The next HD is J & F. The one where the partition has problem - this is the 3rd HD: Partition G & PqRP (original was Y).

Many thanks, Phillip

A:Partition Table Issue

You might consider to get a 2nd opinion with a Linux Live CD.

I got 63 partitions out of a Pata and these are just parts of the 152 partitions in the box.

Windows recognise fat16, fat32 and ntfs partitions. Linux can recognised over 100.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-table-issue.534071/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I am using Word 2003 and In my thesis that I am writing, there are three figures that do not show up in the table of figures when I generate it automatically. I have no idea why this is happening because I'm pretty sure I did the exact same thing for every figure and I have also re-entered them to no avail. Anyone have any input on this issue?

Thanks!

A:Table of Figures issue

Did you make sure you entered a caption for each of your figures?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/table-of-figures-issue.593992/
Relevancy 50.31%

For the past few weeks I ve had issues Page RAM Issue Table with low available RAM I ve downloaded RAMMAP and analyzed what may be issue and i ve found that the quot Page Table quot portion of my RAM is using up quite a lot of space It doesn t matter what programs I close this portion of memory does not decrease and the longer my computer is on while in use the larger this page table becomes without ever decreasing I can only run my computer for - hours at a time before the Page Table uses up - of my RAM leaving me with very little memory for actually application use I don t know how to diagnose what program could Page Table RAM Issue be causing the issue Please help I ve provided all necessary screenshots Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P T Antivirus Norton Premier Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Recently for no obvious reason I have been losing my wireless connection.It just goes randomly.If I restart sometimes it comes back,other times I have to restart again.When it goes in Device Manager there is the yellow exclamation mark against Broadcom 802.11b/g Wlan and under properties the message 'cannot start'.
Any suggestions please?

Relevancy 49.88%

I my Probook touchpad HP working 4510s and of keyboard not am unable to use my laptop's touchpad and keyboard Even my mouse is operational only when the windows is loaded Meaning during the booting time when i wish to change the booting option at that time i am unable to use even my mouse Which otherwise is the only outside device used via usb port Earlier there was issue of BIOS application which was corrupted which not is visible when i just boot meaning thereby the button namely f or f is operation at the time of booting but unable to do any change in the booting options which are touchpad and keyboard of my HP Probook 4510s not working visible when i just boot my laptop Though with the help of USB i am able to work on my externally attached keyboard What should be done to cure this issue this is persistently bothering me for last days I am unable to make my laptop's touchpad and keyboard operational thing more only Tab is operational and opening and closing bracket keys work that is it And as i said now only f or f works during the booting nothing else Please get me out of this trouble I've trying for many days But unable to get rid of this issue

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/touchpad-and-keyboard-of-my-HP-Probook-4510s-not-working/td-p/5800269
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have created a dashboard in excel and am wondering if the following is possible? If i double click on a pivot table cell which opens a new worksheet to show the drilldown details can VB code ensure this opens in a new workbook rather than the current?

Thanks

Ashley

Relevancy 49.45%

I'm relatively new to Access (2007). I have two tables: 1) a list of names 2) a list of names (same as table 1), year, and score (not every name has an entry for every year).

Now I would like to produce a query that:
a)for year 2009
b) contains all names from table 1
c) prints the score, or "no data" for those names that do not appear in 2009.

I can get the query to show names/scores for 2009, but not to display those names without a 2009 entry. Would anyone point me in the right direction on how to tackle this problem?

Thanks!

Stan

Relevancy 49.45%

One of my user have HP Probook 4540s Laptop with Windows 8. That PC unable to Boot. So I tried to run a "chkdsk / r". I entered to the C: as the source. but there wasn't the OS. Then I found the OS in E: Partition. What is the reason for this issue? Is issue on the partition table???

A:[SOLVED] Partition Table Issue

Hi, probably should have posted this in the windows 8 forum, however as you are here now , I assume as you could not boot that you were using the RE (repair your computer) option, and running this from a cmd prompt. Is this the case?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-partition-table-issue-741105.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all,

I am having problems defragging my second har drvie.. It mentions that it cannot save the MFT with using Norton Disk Doctor. I tried to see if I could increase the size of the MFT, but when I look in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Filesystem, the file "NtfsMftZoneReservation" is not there.

I read that this files controls how much space is used for this file.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pramalot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issue-with-the-mft-master-file-table-38242.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

Please have a look at the attached image.

This is a screen shot of a Word 2010 document. Notice that the cell with the "1)" in it is aligned a little higher than the cell to its right (i.e. the margin above it is less than the margin above the cell to its right). This makes the "1)" look odd compared to the text to its right. I'd like to fix this. How can I shrink the margin above the cell on the right?

NOTE: this table was pasted into the document from a web page (if that makes a difference).

A:table cell alignment issue in Word

It looks like two different tables so probably each one has a different font and top margin.
Have you checked this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/table-cell-alignment-issue-in-word.1055563/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, got an odd one I hope somebody can assist with.
I'm trying to copy and paste cells within a table in word.
I want it so you copy a cell, use the down arrow (or equivalent), paste into the cell, use the down arrow, paste into the next row, etc, etc.
It only appears to cause problems within the 1st column.
The problem is, after a few pastes, it jumps a cell and leaves a blank one. Never heard of this before but it does the same for other people having asked them to try it. Any ideas?
Its XP - Office 2003 Pro.
Thanks in advance,
Martin.

Relevancy 49.02%

I use pivot tables in Excel 2003. The drop down boxes do not display the OK or Cancel buttons. The buttons are there. If I mouse to the area and click the action takes place. I just can't see the button object.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

SLB

A:Excel Pivot Table Drop Down Issue

Odd.

I would suspect the graphics drivers, and try reloading them. It could be a "layer" issue where that layer is not displayed.

What Windows version? If this has just started, try a restore to a previous date if XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-pivot-table-drop-down-issue.357132/
Relevancy 49.02%

I need to edit an attachment i received in my email hat i saved to my documents.this email attachment was sent via adobe. When i go into my documents and open it up, i cannot edit . No options appear under edit drop down allowing me to edit text. I urgently need to update a resume and my only access to it is in adobe. Why can't i edit this document? How can i edit this document? :

Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hard drive: WD Caviar GP WD7500AAVS-00D7B0
Enclosure says WD Elements on barcode
Capacity: 750 GB

Windows Vista Home Premium
2 GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core Processor (1.8GHz, 2x256 KB L2 cache)

Windows asks to reformat it.
TestDisk ran into an error partway through a deep scan.
Partition Table Doctor says total number of sectors on harddisk 1, partition 1 is 292096000. Correct number is 292109895. Offers to correct it.

And thank you to everyone who aided me in my previous 'help me' thread.

A:Want to fix external hard drive with partition table\MBR issue.

I've had some issues with 2 different Western Digital MyBook external drives where Windows offers to reformat it.

I ripped the case open and removed the hard drive. Then hooked it up with my USB slave device and everything was OK. I'm starting to suspect that there's a problem with the circuitry in the casing that causes this.

I would suggest removing the hard drive from the casing (if it's out of warranty) to see if you can recover the data that way. If it's still in warranty, I'd suggest contacting Western Digital to see what can be done to recovery your data before getting it repaired/replaced under warranty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/want-to-fix-external-hard-drive-with-partition-table-mbr-issue-422438.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all sorry for the direct registration and straight to question but this is doing my head in I have been using excel pivot table and charts for years and have never come across this issue before and I have no idea whats going on I have a very simple pivot table taken from an excel spreadsheet the table has figure for three years titled as - - - and periods I to the table looks fine but when Excel Pivot chart and issue table 2010 I create a chart from this table the lines for the years periods are added up so P - shows the figure of k then the P line for year - takes the Excel 2010 Pivot table and chart issue figure from the chart and adds the figure for P - and so up for all the periods months I don t understand how this has happened or what I need to do for the period and year to just show on the chart what is shown in the table any help would be appreciated as I need to present this in the morning thanks Paul J nbsp

A:Excel 2010 Pivot table and chart issue

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum
I noticed nobody has answered you.
I don't know if I can help but if you have a sample file, could you please attach it for me to take a look at so see if I can find a reason?
Make sure sensitive data is changed but a table with values will do.
Add a screenshot of what you encouter and how it should look too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-pivot-table-and-chart-issue.1107053/
Relevancy 48.59%

Dear Team,
as per your Prev. Concern. Pivot table drill down issue
Solved in July 2009.

Thanks for your support.

Now my question is this =>
then i double click on tatol a new file open with sheet name Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 and Next on every new click.

But I want that Sheet Name should be as i Like - Vender Data 01, Vender Data 02, Vender Data 03 on every new click.

Plz. Help.

Waiting for your response.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys ive been looking all over for a fix for my problem but Im yet to find one so I figured Id make a post about it Ive been trying to edit my FRAPS videos Currently recording Crysis and the play back in windows media player etc etc runs just fine Ive tried a few different editing software programs Editing Play-Back Video Issue like Windows live movie maker and Pinnacle Studio HD and Video Editing Play-Back Issue the little preview screen that shows the video play back when editing will stall up when I play it for example Ill record a clip with fraps import it to Pinnacle play it after a few seconds the video stops but the audio will keep going I can pause it and the video will resume like normal where ever the audio left off the video will catch up and again after a few seconds it will happen again Any Idea whats going on Specs i quadcore gig RAM TB WD Black Caviar GTX Ti card Note new hardrive so I formed from scartch might be missing some codecs or something but I need to know where to look nbsp

A:Video Editing Play-Back Issue

So once you've edited and rendered the video it plays just fine all the way through right?
Does it happen with no edits or filters applied or only after some edits or filters?
Pinnacle 14 does something called background rendering so if it gets too busy that can happen.
It sounds like its bottlenecking somewhere at least but I can't guess based on the computer specs which are very very sound for video editing.
If you just drag the place marker up and down the video does it scroll smoothly or stutter at drawing in the frames?
Stuttering would be another indication that its bottlenecking somewhere while smooth scrolling while freezing playback might be a codec issue but I don't think there's really anywhere to go for those; I think all the compatible ones are already included in the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-editing-play-back-issue.988220/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I hope editing/modifying issue? files...UAC music Problems I have Problems editing/modifying music files...UAC issue? posted this in the right forum apologies if I haven t I am having a bit of a problem with some of my music files- I hope I can explain this in a way that Problems editing/modifying music files...UAC issue? accurately describes the problem I have a whole bunch of music arranged in files on my computer There is a Beatles folder a Rolling Stones folder etc etc Recently I bought myself an iPod and I have gone about syncing some of my favourite playlists to the device Problems editing/modifying music files...UAC issue? I found that once I synced my playlists to the iPod they would be in the correct sequence if I played them from the playlists menu on the iPod but if I played them from the artists menu on the iPod some of them would be out of sequence and merely sequenced in alphabetical order I should add that the reason I like to go in under artists on my iPod is that for some artists I have numerous recordings e g Pink Floyd presently twenty and counting So it s easier for me to locate a desired Pink Floyd recording quicker by going in under the artists menu rather than the playlists one on my iPod Then I made the discovery that if I wanted to lock in the tracks in the correct sequence I could do this by going into the desired music folder on my computer and then one-by-one highlighting and right-clicking on the tracks going to properties and selecting the details tab from where I could assign each track its correct number in the playing sequence So that was all well and good but I found that with some of my music folders I could not do this For example I have a Pink Floyd recording called New Mown Grass If I go into my New Mown Grass folder highlight then right-click on the relevant track go to properties then select details tab instead of having a field I can edit i e the track number there is the following info listed Attributes A Owner Administrator Computer MAIN this computer So I had a bit of a play and went into the security tab I saw that under group or user names there were the headings Authenticated Users SYSTEM Administrators MAIN Admin Users MAIN Users I then went back to one of the music folders which had synced to the artists section of my iPod in the correct order the Beatles quot Rubber Soul quot I noted that when I right-clicked chose properties and went to the security tab that Authenticated Users was highlighted I thought maybe that was what I needed to do with the Pink Floyd folder I was having trouble with So I went back to the Pink Floyd quot New Mown Grass quot folder chose a track right-clicked chose properties and then security I highlighted Authenticated Users as per Rubber Soul and once I had done this I noted that under the heading permissions for Authenticated Users options such as Full Control modify special permissions etc appeared Full Control and modify etc were ticked but were greyed-out i e not functional So I clicked the Edit button to edit special permissions but it would not let me go any further In other words the fields Full Control modify special permissions etc remained greyed-out meaning I could not continue So having explained that- and I hope clearly sorry if the explanation was a bit long I am wondering is there a way to fix this so that I can assign track numbers to the songs in quot New Mown Grass quot and other music folders where I am having this problem Is this problem in some way related to all that User Account Control Administrators stuff on Windows Vista Home Premium I must admit and this is probably obvious that I do not understand that stuff- but I would like to think that my own computer for which I paid plenty is not stopping me from editing modifying my music files So can anyone help All tips suggestions and info gratefully received Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Make Table query that when I run it and view the table in the query it shows only the data I want. But when I go and open the table that theis query made, there are entries that should not be there.

It is putting in rows with blank fields, I am not sure how to stop it. I have tired to put something in the query for that field but I get back the error "Invalid Use of Null"

If I could put in the criteria that worked I would be all set.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: Access (Make Table) Query Results Returned not Same as Table

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-make-table-query-results-returned-not-same-as-table.967071/
Relevancy 46.01%

A previous thread indicated problems encountered when trying to update a Table of Contents and Table of Figures, etc. using Word 2007. I couldn't find any solutions to that message. I am having the same problem. I tell it to update the Table of Contents or Table of Figures, and it does that correctly, but as soon as I click "print" the page numbers all change to 2! Any ideas?

A:Solved: Word 2007 - Page Number Issues Updating Table of Contents and Table of Figure

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2007-page-number-issues-updating-table-of-contents-and-table-of-figure.825135/
Relevancy 46.01%

I would like to populate an excel sheet with the values that are there in another adjoining sheet The excel file is the same The issue here is the data in the adjoining sheet table is pivoted So what table pivoted on based to How the a searched in values a table populate I want is Sheet Columns Server Name Oracle - Category backup etc Sheet Columns Server Name Monitors only and the How to populate a table based on the searched values in a pivoted table monitors here have different values for each server Sample for Sheet Here is an excerpt from the first pivoted How to populate a table based on the searched values in a pivoted table data sheet This is my sheet the pivoted table and my first sheet is the same as above sDisplayName sMonitorTypeName sMonitorTypeDescription Placeholder AQUA AQUA - AOL Jobs Monitors the ETL jobs on AQUA RPC Service NT Service Monitor SNMP Test availability of SNMP AQUA Oracle - Category backup Active Script Monitor Oracle - DataPump backup Active Script Monitor Oracle - DBA account created Active Script Monitor Oracle - Keep Cache Active Script Monitor Oracle - locked accounts Active Script Monitor Oracle - RMAN backup Active Script Monitor OracleDBConsoleORCL NT Service Monitor AQUAMARINE RPC Service NT Service Monitor SNMP Test availability of SNMP BASIL RPC Service NT Service Monitor SNMP Test availability of SNMP BERYLLIUM Beryllium - Eon Incremental Monitors the ETL jobs on Beryllium RPC Service NT Service Monitor SNMP Test availability of SNMP BERYLLIUM Oracle - DBA account created Active Script Monitor Oracle - Keep Cache Active Script Monitor Oracle - locked accounts Active Script Monitor OracleDBConsoleCBORCL NT Service Monitor Now in sheet I want to populate data as Server Name Oracle - Category backup Oracle - DataPump backup Oracle - DBA account created aqua aqua aquamarine black Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found black Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found black a Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found blackbox Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found blackbox Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found blackbox Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found blackbox blackbox Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found blackbox Server Not Found Server Not Found Server Not Found beryllium I created a code and so it works like this IF COUNTIF Non Critical Monitor A A A quot Server Not Found quot NOT ISERROR GETPIVOTDATA quot sMonitorTypeDescription quot Non Critical Monitor A quot sDisplayName quot A quot sMonitorTypeName quot quot Oracle - Category Backup quot which correctly populated the data for Oracle - Category Backup as per my requirements Now the next question is can I get the same results using a search for a string with the pivot data values So what I want is instead of populating only for quot Oracle - Category Backup quot specifically I want to populate that like SEARCH quot Category Backup quot quot Oracle - Category Backup quot where the last one values I am getting from pivot data In short - I want to search if the complete range of quot sMonitorTypeName quot suppose for Aqua Oracle - Category backup Oracle - DataPump backup Oracle - DBA account created etc has a something which contains quot Category Backup quot then it should give me result as else Your help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance - Kaustubh nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-populate-a-table-based-on-the-searched-values-in-a-pivoted-table.1057663/
Relevancy 46.01%

If I move a table row in Word 2007, it seems to split the table at the point it is inserted. The row above gets the table bottom formatting, the row I insert gets both table top and table bottom, and the next row gets table top. If I hover the mouse at the start of the inserted row it offers me the table start marker, as does hovering over the next row. This happens whether I drag and drop or cut and paste.

What&#8217;s going on, and how can I insert the row as part of the existing table, or at least re-merge the tables back to one again? I never had this problem with 2003.

Thanks,

Ian

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-moving-table-rows-seems-to-break-the-table.768086/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if and how i can revert back to an older version of a table.

I had a table saved contain product details
whilst i was away a work mate accessed the table deleted some colums and saved over the table.
i was just wondering if the was anyway to undo this save, or if a back of the previous table could be found somewhere.

using Access 2000 on Win XP (no restore point available).

thx in adv.
Dam

A:Access 2000 table backups? / undo a save to a table

No.
Not unless it's on a drive where you have been backing up the entire database or have specifically set up for the database to backup the data...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2000-table-backups-undo-a-save-to-a-table.236590/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there I am not that cluey with access vba programming field Updating when table updated value different table form and I need some help please I have a Table called Parts with columns PartName PartNumber PartCost Updating table value when different table form field updated Quantity I have Parts table linked to Repairs table in one to many relationship I have a Form linked to the table Repairs with different fields to enter different repair details Among these fields is combo box PartsNameCombo where you can select the Part Name from values listed in PartName column in table Parts and I have used the following codes to populate the selected part s cost accordingly Private Sub PartNameCombo Change Auto populate Part cost based on Part Name Me PartCost Value Me PartNameCombo Column End Sub I have repeated the above combo box three times in case different parts used in one repair My Question I would like to add code to automatically subtract from part s Quantity in Parts table whenever a particular PartName is selected in the combo box so for example if in a repair I selected front case in the first combo box and display screen in second combo box I want the cases quantity to drop by one and also screens quantity to drop by Any one can please help nbsp

A:Updating table value when different table form field updated

At least two ways to do this but I wouldn't make it automatic. What if the wrong Part name was inadvertently selected? I would ad a button to the form "Take one from Inventory" and execute an update query that basically does Quantity= Quantity-1 . This query would need to link to PartNumber on the active form.

The other way would be to write the SQL to do the update in VBA and run the EXEC SQL command under the new button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-table-value-when-different-table-form-field-updated.1148258/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am starting this Access database from scratch. I have to import/upload a sales file weekly. I will be adding this file to a main sales data table. The issue I have is that this file does not have any dates on it. I need to be able to add a start and end date to the table.

Example fields that I would need/have

Need:
start date
end date

Have:
Item #
Store #
Sales Units
Sales Dollars

What is the best way to handle this? I have an idea - just not sure what order I should put my steps for importing the file, asking for the date range, adding the date to the table, etc....

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm trying to run a clear table query (to keep the table, but delete the data), and then an append query to repopulate the table, and it's not working.

...any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Relevancy 45.58%

http://www.mediafire.com/?8bbfjsbun24m74z

In this database, i have a data entry form called "Information Requested" and all information in this form when entered are added into table Information Requested. In the form, 3 fields Names, Business Units and Emails are drop down lists based on table Contact List. However, what the form does now is i have to pick the name, business unit and email manually. It's not really efficient this way. what i want is when i pick the name, the corresponding business unit and email of that person will automatically show up in the box. How can I achieve this?

A:[Access 2010] How to append record from one table to another table.

The data should NOT be transferred to the table, only displayed on the Form, as it should only be entered once.
You can display it on the form by including the data in the Combo as a "Concatenated" field or you can transfer the data to "Unbound" fields.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2010-how-to-append-record-from-one-table-to-another-table.1059697/
Relevancy 45.58%

hello I have created a make table via a parameter query The parameters are defined correctly and I am prompted each time to enter them the DeptNo does work as my - table Parameter the Make Query-passing HELP! Table name query is filtered based on a value entered but when I enter the tablename parameter the make table query always saves the table as tablename and not any text i enter for the tablename like quot mynewtable quot or something Here is the SQL code Any ideas Ignore the complexity of the query my main concern is being able to loop through some VBA code and continually change the tablename each time along with the DeptNo I think this will save me time vs creating a new sql statement each time and doing a docmd runsql Thanks PARAMETERS DeptNo Text TableName Text SELECT AUMaster Lawson ChgMstr DEPT ChgMstr CHG CD ChgMstr REVENUE DESCRIPTION Prior and Curr Year Revenue - Qty Price ChargeCodeProfile Count per Charge AS Weight Prior and Curr Year Revenue - Qty Projected Quantity Prior and Curr Year Revenue - Qty Projected Revenue Prior and Curr Year Revenue - Qty Projected Quantity Prior and Curr Year Revenue - Qty Projected Revenue Parameter Make Table Query-passing the table name - HELP! INTO TableName FROM ChgMstr LEFT JOIN Prior and Curr Year Revenue - Qty ON ChgMstr CHG CD Prior and Curr Parameter Make Table Query-passing the table name - HELP! Year Revenue - Qty ChargeCode LEFT JOIN ChargeCodeProfile ON ChgMstr CHG CD ChargeCodeProfile CHG CD LEFT JOIN AUMaster ON ChgMstr DEPT AUMaster Affinity WHERE ChgMstr DEPT DeptNo nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I put a table into a doc file and decided later I didn't need it there, so I used the Control key and down arrow to highlight it then hit Delete. The table disappeared, BUT now, every time I open the .doc, I get the following warning.
How do I get rid of it without having to print out the entire 5 page document then retyping it?

A:Wodrd2K fives warning about corupted table in a .doc, but there's NO table!

Try saving the document as a text file (*.txt). This will get rid of all the formatting, leaving just the text. Hopefully, this will get rid of the reminants of the table. Take it back into Word and then redo the formatting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wodrd2k-fives-warning-about-corupted-table-in-a-doc-but-theres-no-table.190362/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there I am not that cluey with access updated table table when field form value different Updating vba programming and I need some help please I have a Table called Parts with columns PartName PartNumber PartCost Quantity I Updating table value when different table form field updated have Parts table linked to Repairs table in one to many relationship I have a Form linked to the table Repairs with different fields to enter different repair details Among these fields is combo box PartsNameCombo where you can select the Part Name from values listed in PartName column in table Parts and I have used the following codes to populate the selected part s cost accordingly Private Sub PartNameCombo Change Auto populate Part cost based on Part Name Me PartCost Value Me PartNameCombo Column End Sub I have repeated the above combo Updating table value when different table form field updated box three times in case different parts used in one repair My Question I would like to add code to automatically subtract from part s Quantity in Parts Updating table value when different table form field updated table whenever a particular PartName is selected in the combo box so for example if in a repair I selected front case in the first combo box and display screen in second combo box I want the cases quantity to drop by one and also screens quantity to drop by Any one can please help nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have different mailing lists that I want to add to a mailing list in my database. There may be duplicate addresses in these lists. I want to only add an Address, FirstName, LastName record once. So how do I combine these lists with my original list without adding a duplicate Address, FirstName, LastName record?

A:importing data from a table to another table without adding duplicates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-data-from-a-table-to-another-table-without-adding-duplicates.98113/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am having trouble updating data from one table to another. I am not Appending the data.

I've linked the two tables on an ID field.
I created a select query to see the data I would update.
I changed the query to an Update query.
In the Update To field I placed the following: [table].[field name]

After running the query I noticed the update did not work. The data from the first Table did not get updated to the second Table it wound up being deleted from the first Table.

Your help is appreciated.

Buttercup

A:Solved: Access 2003 Update Table from another Table

Buttercup1, welcome to the Forum.
I am not sure why you wan to update the second table with data from the first table.
Can you show me a screenshot of your query with the table(s) in and also your Table relationships?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-update-table-from-another-table.952967/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey there folks...
I am in need of some assistance. Obviously!

I need a form which allows a user to select a record from one table and completely move the record to a totally separate table in the same database. I need it to transfer all the data for the selected record.

AutoNumber will not be an issue as each record has unique identifiers.

I found this article online but it seems it will append ALL data and doesn't allow a user to select the correct record. This uses an Append Query which makes sense but again it seems as though it will transfer ALL records. All I need is for it to transfer a specific record depending on the user's selection in the form.

A:MS Access 2007: Moving a record from one table to another table...

Is this to "Archive" the record?
It is not normally necessary to actually "Move" a record, as you can just have a tick box called archive or similar that can be used to exclude that record from normal display and to display it as an Archived record.
There are 2 ways to do what you want, if it is really necessary, one is using an Append query, you can Identify the currently selected record on the Form using
forms![Form Name]![name of Key Field]
in the First Criteria row of your Key field, where Form name is the actual name of your form and name of Key Field is the actual name of your Key Field.
The other version is to use a VBA recordset Clone to do the same thing.
The

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-2007-moving-a-record-from-one-table-to-another-table.927444/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there,

I have excel 2007 and I am trying to delete a table I put in. (Insert > Table) The problem is when i do this it deletes the data within the table. I dont want to have to delete the table and put in all the information again. Is there an easy way to do this? I looked at a similar post and it said to press the filter button on the data tab. This does nothing.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly aprreciated.

cheers.

Relevancy 43.86%

Some searching through google, "alternativeto", YouTube, for video and audio editing or recording software, FREEWARE, showed BandiCam, Screencast-o-matic, Audacity, and I've been aware of Windows Movie Maker.

I would like to be able to make audio adjustments and audio changes to a few screencast videos.  I do not really undestand Audacity; but tried learning it many years ago.  I am absolutely not confident nor comfortable with learning Movie Maker; I am not sure how to handle Bandicam, having tried it briefly many many months ago.  I am comfortable with and have used Screencast-o-matic, the free downloadable version, a few times, and it was fairly easy to learn and to use.  I would just like to learn and use something a little bit more clever than Screen-cast-o-matic, and to edit or make changes to some video recordings.  FREE/FREEWARE wanted.

A:Video editing or including audio editing or recording

Hey, cafejose! I have used Movie Maker before. It is not that difficult in fact. And for freewares, then you can see some recommendations of ShowMore. This is a newly-built website that I am very fond of and I get quite a lot help from its application. I always take it to record Skype calls but I think it can also solve your problem here. For more alternatives, I advice you to take these free recording tools introductions for your reference.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598533/video-editing-or-including-audio-editing-or-recording/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys

i was using one of the paritioning softwares and i ended up with the parition table as given in the attached pic.

is there an easy way to fix the partition table by removing the "unpartitioned space" fictitious labels in the table between e and f drives?

Imgur

Edit:these entries show only in the XP textmode setup and not in the OS(7/XP) or anywhere else.

A:Partition table issue - "unparititoned space" label stuck.

Can you press the Down arrow to highlight partitioned lines then Delete? If not you may need to boot to a CD such as GPARTED to manage the partitions. Your picture cuts off data on the left side, implies you have a second HDD connected, I'd disconnect that before working with the main drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369082-partition-table-issue-unparititoned-space-label-stuck.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi friends.

I just encountered a serious issue. I was about to reinstall Win 7. I used a tool in Hiren Boot CD
and formatted c:, and then i accidentally formatted the 125MB partition created by win 7.

my HDD was partitioned as C, D, E, F.

now i can access only C and D, E is shown as RAW file system (I cant open it).
F is shown only is disk management (without a drive letter).

So i believe that all the data is still on the HDD and can be recovered by re-building MFT.
please help me guys.
Thanks in advance

A:partition table issue - win7 hidden partition formatted

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/168078-partition-table-issue-win7-hidden-partition-formatted.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

i have the latest BIOS update wich is F36 and i still have the issue from the time i bought this laptop win 8.1 to win 10 all up todate the problem is exisit and every time i upgarding the BIOS software i didnt see the problem has fixed !! the prblem in short that i cant hear the fan loud or maximum speed when i play game when the CPU Tem reach 80c the Fan did not reach the maximum speed (with that said CPU must not reach higher than 70c ) even though my FAN did not work properly )that i heared before every time i tried to update the BIOS ican heare it extreamly load and clear  . please HP this is supper proiority and must be fixed as soon as possible i cant play any game at this moment because of lack of speed in the fan to cool dowen the cpu .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-speed-issue/td-p/5854677
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, donīt know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have recently just got Virgin Media 10mb connection (wireless). Me and my friend share this connection, he has a mac i have a pc(laptop). It seems that my friend can get near enough full speed with downloads etc (tested on speedtest.net), my friend got nearly 10mb download speed, however I averaged at 6mb. Another example, my friend downloaded a file from a website, the speed went at about 1.5mb/s, I then downloaded the exact same file directly after his download had finished, my average download speed was 250kb/s.
My wireless card is "intel(r) pro/wireless 3945abg", it is a 54mb/s card so it should be more than capable to get the full 10mb/s that is offered to me. Any help in how to 'de-restrict' my card to obtain the full speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ran into a bit of a snafu wondering if some kind soul s might take pity and offer a hand I ve had this computer home built for a few years and never had any problems with it I turned on the computer yesterday and the BIOS is showing the incorrect CPU it shows Athlon XP I can t remember what it used to say I think but I m not Windows XP is showing my speed as Ghz which is Mhz less than it Speed Issue CPU used to show as it used to show xGhz I don t know exactly what my CPU is so I don t know what to look for when changing my CPU Speed Issue FSB multiplier and such I used CPU-Z hoping it would give me some clue but it is also telling me I have as an AMD Athlon XP Barton Currently my multipler is set at and my bus speed is Can anyone help me locate my missing Mhz Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-issue.801691/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43%

Hello!

I am new to the IE Forum!

I would like help with IE 7 keyboard/mouse commands for choosing tables and table elements (i.e. <TD>). I know this is no problem in Firefox. If I want to choose a <TD> element in FF, all I have to do is point to the element I want and press the Ctrl + <left mouse> and the element is chosen. If I want to choose a whole table in FF, all I have to do is place my mouse beside the table and press the Ctrl + <left mouse> and the complete table is chosen.

My question is, can I do something similar with Internet Explorer? I hope so, I am running another application that works better in IE.

Thanks for any help on this matter!

Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/table-element-and-table-selection-175747.html
Relevancy 43%

I have two access tables I would like to merge data into one table. How to do?

I tried blank database importing one by one but result is I get two tables not one.

A:Importing data from one table into another table

You are going to have to write an insert query. If you view it in SQL mode it would look something like:

INSERT INTO MyTable1
SELECT *
FROM MyTable2;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-data-from-one-table-into-another-table.175933/
Relevancy 43%

hi guys,

what would cause a slow wireless connection?
the computer thats wired is fast enough...
but on the toshiba it takes 20 to 35 seconds for google to open...
what i have tried:
i have updated the browser to internet explorer 7
i installed firefox 2.0.0.9
i uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless Nic and recreated the connection...
very odd...any ideas

Relevancy 43%

Hey chaps I have just got bt broadband and a homehub v However I am trying to use utorrent on my desktop The main router that is being used is a TP- Link TD-W N which is then plugged into a powerline adaptor This comes out of the other powerline adapter in another room and goes into the bt homehub which I am using as a hub the ethernet cable comes off this into the desktop When I use my laptop on the wireless and connect with utorrent I can Issue utorrent speed with get speeds of up to MB d l but when I use the desktop I can only get around - KB s Issue with utorrent speed I have followed stuff online and set Issue with utorrent speed port forwarding on the homehub but Issue with utorrent speed I am still getting terrible speeds Can anyone help Thanks Chalph Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT GTO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH HU Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Issue with utorrent speed

For your convenience here is a copy of the rule:
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-utorrent-speed.993971/
Relevancy 43%

Okay here s a real head-scratch-er About days ago I started noticing some serious speed issues with web browsing while using my wireless router Every once in a while I will notice little differences during what may be peak hours and whatnot Internet issue Serious speed but this is far worse I decided to do a speed and ping test and I got an F on my network that Serious Internet speed issue normally receives a low A or high B I ran a gamut of spyware tests and I am clear there Anyway the real thing that is confusing me is I attempted to connect via a hardline the cable I use to connect to my wireless router so I at least Serious Internet speed issue know it s functional but the network was unidentifiable and I could not get an internet connection but when I reconnected my wireless router and let everything restart I was able to connect wirelessly using the same modem that would not connect me through an ethernet cable I have a Belkin n wireless router and I would appreciate any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Serious Internet speed issue

Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it?

What download/upload do you get with a connection directly to the modem with Speedtest.net? With an ethernet connection to the router? With a wireless connection to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-internet-speed-issue.1045478/
Relevancy 43%

I am using a D-Link DIR-655 router on a Windows Home Server network.

When I connect the WHS to a cable upstairs (short cable) I get Gigabit connection speed, however when I put the server downstairs (10 metre cable), I only get 100 Mb LAN speed.

The only difference is the CAT-5e cable and length.

Do I need a shielded CAT-5e or a CAT-6 cable.

The WHS box needs to be downstairs.

Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-speed-issue.735587/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys after installing some new RAM i checked CPU-Z to see if all was ok, and it doesn't seem to be.

I bought some Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1866MHz, however is doesn't seem to be running at 1866 more like 667MHZ.

I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 and a AMD FX-4100

Is there way i can force the speed on the RAM to 1866?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Toby

A:Memory Speed Issue

CPU-Z reports the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (DDR2, DDR3) transfer data twice per clock tick, so CPU-Z reports 667MHz for DDR3-1333.

Most motherboards seem to run DDR3-1333 and up at DDR3-1333 by default. To get the higher frequency, you'd either need to set the BIOS to use XMP, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283103-memory-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone,

i am downloading google softwares with fast speed but slow on other sites slow speed.....

I mean when i download any google softwares and youtube videos ..download speed will be about 1Mbps but when i download from any sites like softpedia.com or other sites ..download speed will be about 25 kbps...please guide me ...

Thanks

Jenisbob

A:Issue on download speed

First what kind of internet service do you have, and what speed.
Test your internet using dsl reports, or speedtest. I prefer speedtest: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

How are you connecting to the internet, wired or wireless. Also as a side note the slow download speeds could also be on the downstream server end. The number of simultaneous downloads, they might throttle back the server to save bandwith, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-on-download-speed-657806.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi all.

My friend sent me a message about his laptop. He formatted it last night because it was running very slow, but the problem continues.

What sort of things should he look at to fix his issue?

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 43%

Welcome and well met Here s my computer laptop specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Speed issue Internet Processor L AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus None I have internet service from excede by wildblue satellite with a cable modem It s supposed to be up to Mbps Average I m getting is around - Mbps according to speedtest net The site also says I m accessing the net from Stanton MI I happen to live just north of Chicago IL Share the internet with my sister who has an older desktop with Windows Internet Speed issue XP on it Last weekend I bought a new router from MicroCenter A Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit WNDR v Both my laptop and my sister s desktop are plugged in Internet Speed issue to it Hasn t helped from what I can see I use IE for my browser I ve tried Firefox and Chrome and didn t find either of them any faster than this Can anyone tell me why my speed is so bad Is it my desktop Maybe my cat e cable is old My biggest gripe right now is that watching videos STINKS online Also I enjoy playing certain Facebook games like Journeys of Jesus and Disney Ghost of Mystwood They re horribly slow to load Can anyone offer me any suggestions of what could be causing the slow-down Thank you nbsp

A:Internet Speed issue

That is not a bad speed at all. The advertized speed is the maximum, rarely achieved in real situations. The location of your internet connection is where WildBlue's servers connect you to the internet.

Not sure what to say about your video problem except that when I had a 2 mbps connection, I watched YouTube without many delays. A lower quality feed may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-issue.1089717/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone, I am using a linksys WRT54GS wireless router and usually works fine, but lately I noticed it's been getting slow speeds and then when I restart the router it goes back to normal and very fast for about 20-30 minutes (could vary and be longer sometimes). But then after that it goes back to it's slow speed until I restart it again.

When I bypass the router it works fine with direct connection, all my firmware is upgraded, getting 100% signal strength, it's not just my computer because when I ping from the router admin panel it gets all request timed out aswell.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Relevancy 43%

I'm running a DSL connection from a router to my wireless laptop. Regularly my speeds aren't quite as advertised but I still get 2-4 Mb/s generally. Lately it seems my web browsing has been sluggish and doing a speed test, this is proven.

However, bittorrent downloads go much faster than normal browsing.

Can anyone explain to me why this might be? I thought my slow speed could be due to my latency, but that doesn't explain to me why bittorrent is so much faster!

Relevancy 43%

Hey all boys and girls First post Now to my question problem I have just bought a laptop from Fujitsu Siemens Its a model Amilo M G and it runns with Pentium M Gz GB worth of RAM - Please Help! speed issue Wireless LAN Nvidia MB Please Help! - Wireless LAN speed issue Go Integrated wireless b g Windows Home Edition SP Norman Virus Control just updated Router is D-Link DI- For more spec just ask me I have a problem with my wireless speed My signal strength is max when ever I am inside my house But the speed gets as low as Mbit s My brother has a laptop and it runns just fine with the WLAN and he can play intenet games surf and everything else with out problems We live far away from anyone else so it cannot be that someone is stealling my connection There are people with a simmilar problem http forums speedguide net archive index php t- html And it happens to quite manny so there has to be some sort off solution My friend told me it might be a firewall issue Can that be it and what do I do to get rid off it Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx Hyper nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 42.57%

Well to start off im running a windows vista -bit computer its normally never been slow but i recently had a horrible virus which i had taken care of the virus was a system check virus im not sure much about it with computer issue Having an problem and speed but i know it was removed and the laptop Having an issue with computer speed and problem is running again but recently i havent had any speed on it what so ever i usually play a game on it and it ran so great before i Having an issue with computer speed and problem had the virus the virus was removed and now its running horrible it lags alot it loads slow and much more i have ran multiple virus scans using malware bytes and have not found thing yet i would really appreciate if someone could help me get it running like it used too im willing to let someone control it with remote access to see whats going on if needed i just want it fixed i can help by answering any questions you need to know as well im not very great with computers but i can figure it out so if you see this please help i would really appreciate it alot and thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Having an issue with computer speed and problem

also a friend of mine said to try and get ahold of a computer cleaner or booster, something along those lines if that will help does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439228/having-an-issue-with-computer-speed-and-problem/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys Recently my internet has been extremely slow but only on my computer I built the current PC I am using and I also built Internet Speed Issue Download my previous one which my little Internet Download Speed Issue brother uses His download speed is fine average at mb s my partners laptop download speed is averaging at mb s thats with a bar signal as well yet my download speed is this http www speedtest net result png That's the thing I don't get my PC is a lot more powerful than my previous one as well I have ran Virus scans though AVG Disk Clean ups Defrags Malwarebytes scans for Malware yet that doesn't seem to help at all although I got rid of Malware issues which was good I have re-installed and updated my Ethernet drivers and that also hasn't done a thing I have had a look on Google went through a lot of forums and tried out different approaches to this without success so any help would be extremely appreciated I am connecting with a Network cable via a Netgear Wireless N Modem Router - Model DGN I have tried running safe mode and the internet speed is still the same I replaced my cable with a new CAT Cable and also tried switching ports on the router which also didn't work Last night I disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus and then ran speedtest and the speed got up to a maximum of mb s which is a big change from mb s This didnt last long though but it did stay the same after I turned everything back on I used to use AVG but deleted that and installed MSE once I scanned with that I found a Java exploit virus and a virtool win obfuscator xz virus I removed the Java exploit but failed to remove the virtool win obfuscator xz I decided I would try and get rid of its origin some game ISO's I had which are now deleted But I think this virus is still lingering and messing with my computer I dont know if it is directly causing issues with my internet but the speed of my internet feels like its slowly degrading everyday I have been through some other forums about this virus and I tried to follow the great advice of Jacee but I cant download any of the tools to do the job that she is asking I am almost at the point of re-installing Windows as this getting extremely frustrating All your help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replys

A:Internet Download Speed Issue

Hi NomadAU, welcome to Seven Forums.

I recently had similar problems with my Netgear DGN2000. It would download on my wired desktop pc at a snails pace. On my laptop, speed was excellent. When I wired my laptop to my router it would load my home page only and gave No Internet connection. If I moved the ethernet cable to any other ports on the router to my desktop pc it would give No Internet connection.
Removing all connection related settings from both pc's and resetting router to factory default did nothing to improve anything. So I bought a Netgear DGN2200v3, now normal service resumed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288289-internet-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So originally I was using a Rosewill USB HDD Dock with my WD HD103SI 1 TB Hard Drive. Everything went great, but eventually filled that up. I bought a new WD HD103SJ 1 TB Hard Drive, formatted it as NTFS, but the speeds are horrible. Transfer rates say around 2.0 mb/s give or take .5 mb/s, so it takes around an hour to transfer a 4 GB file to the hard drive, whereas it took 4 minutes on my other one. I didn't change any settings, I just plopped a new hard drive into the same HDD dock, but the speeds I am getting on that hard drive are poor. I also noticed that the file text on the hard drive is in blue? not sure why that is...

Thanks...

A:Speed Issue W/ New Hard Drive

Hello welcome to TSG forum.

I have just googled the part number you have included in your post "WD HD103SJ" and it comes up with a samsung spinpoint not a Western Digital (WD) like you stated. Is this correct?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue-w-new-hard-drive.906353/
Relevancy 42.57%

After having problems with IE 11 on my old eMachine with Win-10 (Home)/ Comcast server I installed Chrome. It works good but the speed test resulted in 1/3rd the speed of IE 11 or FireFox. Several typical dead end suggestions (Internet ?sperts) I assume that Chrome has some setup problems, but cannot find the cure. Any suggestions? BTW, both IE and FF run ~125 Mps, Chrome~45.

A:Chrome speed test issue

Well, guess no one here knows or cares about this.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63138-chrome-speed-test-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok so I have been fighting this issue for days with no luck I'll provide as much information as I can and hopefully someone may know a fix or at least some more steps I can take in fixing this issue This is a home user Sky Fiber using Sky's router at Issue Network Speed Windows just over Mbps download His LAN consists of Windows laptop Windows PC iPhones Windows Network Speed Issue Windows laptop - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Iphones - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Windows PC - speedtest net shows - Mbps download although at random times during the day can reach - Mbps not often The windows PC was previously Windows when this issue started From the begining on Windows - I upgraded network adapter drivers to the latest version updated bios amp chipset drivers to latest versions with no change I performed virus malware scans and found the PC to have a fair few viruses and malware I did numerous removals with no change Safe mode with networking worked fine At this point I decided it may be a very nasty Virus Trojan Rootkit of somekind that is evading the anti-virus malware programs He had Windows and was looking to upgrade his machine anyway so we though it would be a good time to format the drive and do a fresh Windows install Windows - installed the latest drivers chipset networking adapter graphics card etc and still no change Speed still around - Mbps ocassionaly hitting the expected speed of - Mbps but not very often Safe mode with networking still working fine At this point I'm thinking a driver issue Tried with a wired connection no difference tried taking the wireless adapter out of the machine unistalling the drivers and then testing wired connection same issue Tried disabling IPv same issue Tried turning off the option - allow the computer to turn off this device same issue Tried changing the local computer policy that resevers bandwidth - forgot the actual name - however no change Tried with Windows firewall off and A V off no change All the while it is working in safe mode with networking Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-F A XM-HD Wireless Adapter - Edimax EW- Pin V Has a Realtek chip Wireless Adapter Driver - Realtek RTL CE Wireless Lan n PCI-E NIC Driver Date Driver Version So any help with trying to resolve the issue would be much appreciated a question in my mind is that if the safe mode drivers work fine could I use these drivers in normal mode Assuming the drivers are at fault Kind regards Tom

A:Windows Network Speed Issue

Hi to BC,

If you do a clean boot does it work as expected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539668/windows-network-speed-issue/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm currently having a problem with my win7 64 bit desktops wireless speed. It has recently decided to slow to a crawl I'm talking to the point where the speed is measured in bytes not kilobytes when accessing the net and downloading files. I know it's the computer not my network as other wifi gear still works at full speed.

The only change I have made is to switch antivirus from kaspersky to mcafee, I use a Asus wl-138g v2 wifi card( I know it's old but it's been very reliable until now). Any help would be apreciated, thanx in advance.

A:Speed issue or lack there of with wireless

Sorry you are having issues dis0wned1!

Disable, or uninstall and burn (with a match) Mcafee.... I had the same issue on a clients lappy! Removed Mcafee and issue went away!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77219-speed-issue-lack-there-wireless.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I Live in India(Madhya Prradesh,Indore). I have Tikona Broadband Connection and Netgear WNR612v3 router.
While I am connected through direct ethrnet then I get full 4mbps speed and while I am connected through router then the final speed is 4mbps but with many fluctuations. Please Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue-with-netgear-router.1156260/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am not seeing anything higher than 54.0 mbps connection speeds with my N wireless set up. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My equipment/cable service is as follows:

Cablevision Optonline with Boost (30 downstream/5 upstream/100 mbps wired LAN)

Laptop specs:

Gateway M6817 with Vista Home Premium/IntelŪ Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
2 gb ram, 250 HD, Intel Centrino Duo Core 2, 1.5 ghz processor

Router:

Belkin Wireless N model #F5D8233-4

Router settings: WPA2PSK/AES
20/40mhz bandwidth
b/g/n mode (laptop does not connect on N only mode)

***I also downloaded the most recent firmware/drivers for the network card and Belkin router***

Relevancy 42.57%

An application we use to run reports runs application over Speed Network Issue one with very slowly A Speed Issue over Network with one application couple of years ago I had this Speed Issue over Network with one application same problem and figured out it had to do with my hubs which were still running I changed my hubs for HP gig switches Speed Issue over Network with one application changed my ethernet cards in the pc s to gig cards Everything worked great Reports that took minutes were now down to minutes Here is my problem I recently added an IP phone system and had to change my switches because the ones I had did not meet the specs for the phone system I added gig Extreme switches with power over the switches which was needed for the new phone system Since we did this the speed for reports has gone from minutes to minutes not as bad as it had been but still bad Testing that has been done I have run cat cable from the workstation into the HP switch which had been running fine and left the phone on the Extreme switch which is needed for the phone to work We tried running reports after hours when there was no traffic over the network When this was done there were only people in the office Still took the minutes or so Please help nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have recently chosen a new ISP and am paying for a 1Mbps connection.The problem is that i get a very low download speed of say 16Kbps only when i download using IE. Howver when i use a download manager speeds move up to 100 Kbps and the download gets completed in 1/7th of the time.

Another thing that seems related is that even if i download 6 -7 files at one time (simultaneously) each one will download at around 16 - 18 Kbps totalling to the same overall seed that i expect to get on my 1Mbps connection

Is there something i can try from my end before i blame my ISP?

A:unique downloading speed issue

If you download the same exact file from the same location via another browser, are speeds normal?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/157238-unique-downloading-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So i got a Netgear C I live in a tenant apartment building so not huge We ve issue speed C3000 Netgear been using the Wifi with good Mb speed until a few days ago the speed tests went down to between - Mb s The TW tech came out tried it on his modem and an actual Time Warner modem and it was the same Perfect wired speed terrible Wifi speed He thinks there s some Netgear C3000 speed issue kind of new interference somewhere but can t pinpoint it exactly understandable I live in an apartment with other roommates each are online gamers and streamers that s people using the same internet Tried connecting only PC to wireless and still same results Tried different channels Nothing So before we go and lower the internet speed Is there a good relatively cheap router modem that doesn t pick up interference Expensive router modem that doesn t pick up interference Or should I just get a modem router with a bunch of Ethernet switches and a bunch of Netgear C3000 speed issue Ethernet cables ft to wire around the apartment I m at a loss and I really don t want to limit the internet between gamers xD nbsp

A:Netgear C3000 speed issue

The following may give us enough information to make a recommendation ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-c3000-speed-issue.1153594/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am new to this board but I am at a loss with my issue I recently upgraded to Windows from Windows Speed Download 8.1 Issue Windows and Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue am having problems with downloads This may or may not be a JDownloader issue but Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue maybe you can help none the less Ever since the upgrade I have not reached my previous download speeds I am using JDownloader I have a mbps fiber internet connection I am getting according to SpeedTest Before the upgrade I was getting - mbps download speeds but now I am only getting up to to kbps download speeds One thing Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue I have noticed is that the more files I am downloading the faster the speeds simultaneous downloads reaches up to kbps total but one download will only reach to kbps I have adjusted the Connections and the Simultaneous downloads to no avail Whether it may be JDownloader or a Windows issue I would be thankful for any advice pointing me in the right direction Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue

Have you tried upgrading your network card driver ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36259-windows-8-1-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently reinstalled XP on my computer after erasing my entire HD, the problem is that it seems to be a lot slower for some things. For example, when I open a folder and drag the window across the screen, it's extremely laggy, when it used to be perfectly fine and smooth. Or when I scroll down on a webpage, it's also very slow and the frame rate, I guess, is horrible.

I suspect this might be because the Windows partition is 5GB instead of 30GB on my HD.

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

A:Noticeable speed change + HD issue

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

You disconnect the external hard drive and then do a full re-install of Windows and during it you make it do the drive C:\ First backup any important data and format the drive that the Windows XP is installed on now.

Here are instructions on doing a full install of Windows XP

Microsoft KB - How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

Remember to watch for where the installation program want to put drive C:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noticeable-speed-change-hd-issue.492824/