Windows Support Forum

Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

Q: Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

During a busy period, aware that Windows 10 can install itself by a sneaky update and being too busy to check each update that comes my way, I had disabled Windows Update. Only now did I remember to check for updates. I know, dumb.
There are 80 important updates that need to be installed. They all seem okay.

However, they've been downloading for over 90 minutes now, and the progress bar is still stuck at 0%. "Downloading 80 Updates (0 KB Total, 0% Complete)".

I thought these updates might solve my "slow PC issue" (referred to in my other thread), but the inability to download updates, makes me think there might be something seriously wrong with my computer.

Can it still be just a visual issue if nothing has happened after waiting for 90 minutes?
Thanks in advance,
Katarn1
This has been posted twice (?) I don't know how that has happened. Sorry. If you can tell me how to delete it, I will.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

You can Shut Down your computer and install updates.
Or you can download the Windows 7 Update Convenience rollup. Microsoft Update Catalog
As for your Slow computer, you did not paste a link to your other post, and your post history does not show anything about a slow computer.
Click on the link in my signature for PC Running Slow? and try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloading-windows-updates-stuck-at-0-or-a-false-alarm-1123762.html
Relevancy 80.84%

This issue started this past Saturday Dec Per Windows Update Posting instructions Downloaded SURT When first tried to download SURT on Saturday it would not download But when tried again yesterday Sun Dec - it was successful However although it said the installation and 0% Windows at 7 Downloading stuck Updates-Checking of was successful and it showed up in Update History it did NOT show up in Installed Updates I tried it twice SFC Scan I read about doing this on other websites as well The first time I ran it it came back with the message that it fixed errors The nd time I ran it the results were no violations and when I ran Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% it a rd time which the attached CBS log is from it also had no errors Windows Update Error Codes The biggest problem is the check Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% updates Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% or the downloading updates just don't go anywhere I did get an error message when I tried to download SURT as mentioned above but I was able to get it downloaded yesterday The other error code I got was when I did a System Restore Point It came back with the xc code and said it didn't restore the system But it must have because the Update information was different and reflected the date of the restore points Plus any changes I had done were gone and reflected the date of the restore points And the other error code was from the Diagnostic Tool from the help feature in Windows I think it was the error that it said it couldn't fix It did list some other issues that it said it fixed but I did not write it down or get a screenshot I could run that tool again if needed to verify Log Collection I was not able to attach the CBS log - I tried times and each time received a server error And then realized it's because of file size Even my zip file is just too big Please advise on how to get the information Start New Thread Hopefully I did that correctly I spent quite a bit of time trying various other things - such as the restore points clean disk and I also did a Checkdisk from the cmd prompt I did foray into a slight addition to the registry from a suggestion from another website but ended up deleting it because I didn't think it fixed anything at all and I don't like messing with the registry I did a system restore point after that I also did the SoftwareDistribution folder thing that is mentioned on many websites but that didn't help either I did try the start and stop services from cmd prompt as well with no change either Currently my workaround is copying the updates from the Update Catalog and installing them one by one manually Obviously that is quite time consuming and as I did get months behind will take awhile to get through them all Plus I am concerned about the order I am doing the oldest first and also worried about making a mistake and or missing some So far I've managed to get installed and have verified they are showing up in Installed Updates I also ran the Fixit and the other diagnostic tool recommended on the MS websites The Fixit tool didn't seem to do anything at all and the other tool returned the error code mentioned above I also called my AV company AVG Internet Security and had them do a disable AV with me over the phone and attempted to download updates There wasn't any change I also disabled the AV again yesterday and there was no difference I have done full computer scans for viruses with no issues reported I greatly appreciate any and all assistance to get this resolved and thank you in advance for your time Regards Hank

A:Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0%

I went online to try again tonight and it appears that the Updates are working. I don't know how or why but I'm now thinking it was more of an overloaded server than anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387673-windows-7-updates-checking-downloading-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

This has never happened before but I can't download the latest batch of updates! I've tried downloading one at a time but it makes no difference, just stuck on downloading 0%. I've tried to go into services.msc to switch off windows updates but it says 'stopping' with the options to stop/re-start greyed out.

I've tried the windows trouble shooter which detects problems and then says resolving but again after 20 minutes or so it still says the same thing. Does it take a long time (perhaps I'm being impatient)?

I've run out of time tonight but will try the windows update system readiness tool tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have ideas I could try? As I say, I've never had problems downloading updates before.

LevelBest

A:Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

You mean, it's searching for updates, takes a while, finds the updates, but when you select to install, it takes forever to download?

If that's the case, how long did you wait for it to start downloading before cancelling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397423-latest-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Yesterday when I started downloading windows update, only one update could be downloaded i. KB3114431. After that may be there was some sort of problem on the network and I could not download the other updates as my network was down at that time. so I disconnected from network and cancelled the downloads and shut down the computer. It normally installed the downloaded update. after that from today morning I am unable to download any updates. The network is fine, as I can browse the internet normally. But windows update screen keeps stuck at 0%. Though now the shut down button shows the alert icon for update installation as you can see in screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? Thank you.

A:Windows update stuck at downloading updates screen

The problem has been resolved automatically. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599869/windows-update-stuck-at-downloading-updates-screen/
Relevancy 79.98%

please help with specify;thanks;Everytime I start windows update it won't download the updates. The bar keeps on running but nothing downloads and the percentage stays at 0%.
Whats wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

A:Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 0% downloading

Hi shawn What version of Windows are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618661/windows-update-will-not-download-updates-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 77.4%

I think the "updates freezing" issue has come up in another thread and apologies if it has, but I can't find it momentarily.

The screen shots show what I've been looking at for two days now. Obviously something is amiss with Automatic Update but I dunno what, or what to do about it.

Any advice, help????

Mods, please feel free to move me to the other thread I suspect exists.

Cheers

ausgumbie

A:Windows Updates - Stuck on "Downloading updates 37%" for 2 days!

G'day mate!

Have a look here.

Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/18005-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-updates-37-2-days.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Originally Posted by TomStrong

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34487-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey
So had to format my system yesterday,it usually takes around 2-3 hours for WU on"Checking for Updates" but this time it toke more than 12 hours to find them,when checked to start downloading them it wont download,it's been an hour now just " Downloading 246 updates(0 KB total,0% Complete)" is there any way to avoid this ? or is Microsoft that desperate ?

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

You are correct, MS is desperate, let it run overnight.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398771-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Norman ASA is warning its customers of a false alarm that's being raised by its Windows anti-virus software which results in the file kernel32.dll being detected as malware. The cause of the false positive appears to be a bad signature and the company has stopped sending out the signature in question and has taken its update server offline. Norman is advising affected users not to restart their PCs and not to acknowledge the alert flagged up by the real time anti-virus scanner. Users are advised to simply ignore the alert and to continue working on their PCs as normal...http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item...ate-845762.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268023/norman-raises-false-alarm-on-windows-pcs/
Relevancy 72.24%

My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge.
Do you guys have the same problem here?

Maybe during the downloading of the updates, I had turned off my notebook, so would that have a negative effect on the way the updates are downloaded or in process of downloading?
So for example, next time if there is a Windows Update and the downloads are in progress, is it OK to turn off my machine while Windows 10 is downloading the patches or security updates?

The only way I could recover from this mess, is that I read these steps from the below link.
?www.thewindowsclub.com/w ??? -updates

But overall in general, the way Win10 handles these updates is a PURE MESS, and I hope in Redstone, this will be fixed.
I never had these issues in Win7...

A:Win10 Updates stuck downloading

I had a hard time updating my 10586 (1511) Version so I let it update and download over night. DON'T !! it also downloaded the "Feature update", meaning the anniversary update and tried to install that. I interrupted the update so Windows will be forced to go back to the 1511 Version.
Whenever a new cumulative update is available, I made it a habit to download it from the catalog:
Microsoft Update Catalog

that way I do not rely on the Windows update and can do that even disconnected from the web.. Has always worked for me...

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63733-win10-updates-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Everyone....

I have been struggling thru this Win 7 update hassle on my two Dell PCs both running Win 7 , 64 bit, SP1, Windows firewall, and Avast Free. In the past, updates just took a while, but eventually, they went thru OK.

Suddenly, after this week's updates, one of my PCs got stuck at 0% downloading 5 selected updates since Tuesday. The other PC updated properly with no problem.

I have left the system on for hours on end, but it is still 0%.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400758-win-7-updates-stuck-downloading-three-days.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I need help fixing this issue:The problem is its connected to the HP servers but for some reason it stops at "downloading messages and updates definition". Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, then rebooting my laptop but it still doesnt work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-support-assistant-is-stuck-on-downloading-and-updates/td-p/5840180
Relevancy 65.36%

for the last week i have been getting a warning from
AVG that there is a IRC/BACKDOOR/FLOOD Trojan
on my system, it tells me to run scan, i do, it finds nothing
i have ran HouseCall too and it also finds nothing what the heck
is going on?
anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Macataq

C:\System Volume Information\_restore {653ff6ba-a3a2-4c82-8947-5}

Relevancy 65.36%

While browsing online today I stumbled across a website that acoording to Web of Trust contains adware I instantly ran iexplore and launched a MB scan At the end of the scan only two infected files I believe it was a registry data and registry value were found False Alarm? Upon False Alarm? trying to remove the files MB stopped responding After going through many tries at closing it I had to resort to putting my computer into hard shutdown I managed to delete the infected files could the quaratine been incomplete but there is no log file as MB was cut False Alarm? off Am I infected Also today I decided to try out Panda Cloud After installing nothing popped up I checked my desktop There was an icon labeled quot False Alarm? StubInstaller quot When I ran it I checked and it WAS from Panda it couldn t connect After trying a good times a connection still couldn t be established After closing and TRYING again I got a strange message Here is a screenshot of it Once again am I infected

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356829/false-alarm/
Relevancy 64.5%

today i scan my laptop by webroot!
i see an amazing thing how i called big fun
Webroot detected these softwares as malware! (stegonas online shield and okay freedom)
these two softwares was make by trusted company (steganos)
i reported it to webroot as Fp but i do't recived any reply.
Q1: why webroot mark these software as harmfull? really they are harmfull?
Q2: may be a trusted company same as Stegonas how produced online shield and security tools make harmfull software?!

A:Webroot False Alarm

The best thing to do is to Open a Support Ticket, and ask Webroot Support to take a look this for you.

Re: Webroot's position on PUA - Webroot Community

https://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-false-alarm.52124/
Relevancy 64.5%

Today i was scanning my computer making sure it was clean. I made a full scan with Mbam, a quick scan with avast internet security, a quick scan with superantispyware and some scanning with spybot s and d. I finished off by using blacklight anti rootkit tool just for the sake of conscience really.
Then blacklight said It has found 2 hidden files...

I found out these files were files belonging to the sandbox of Avast Internet Security.

Are these files harmless being in the sandbox or should i delete them or rename them??

here is the scan by blacklight:

11/21/10 19:11:50 [Info]: BlackLight Engine 2.2.1092 initialized
11/21/10 19:11:50 [Info]: OS: 5.1 build 2600 (Service Pack 3)
11/21/10 19:11:50 [Note]: 7019 4
11/21/10 19:11:50 [Note]: 7005 0
11/21/10 19:11:53 [Note]: 7006 0
11/21/10 19:11:53 [Note]: 7011 400
11/21/10 19:11:53 [Note]: 7035 0
11/21/10 19:11:53 [Note]: 7026 0
11/21/10 19:11:53 [Note]: 7026 0
11/21/10 19:11:58 [Note]: FSRAW library version 1.7.1024
11/21/10 19:12:03 [Info]: Hidden file: c:\## aswSnx private storage\snx_rhive
11/21/10 19:12:03 [Note]: 10002 3
11/21/10 19:12:03 [Info]: Hidden file: c:\## aswSnx private storage\snx_rhive.LOG
11/21/10 19:12:03 [Note]: 10002 3

A:Do I have a rootkit or is it just false alarm?

Not all hidden components detected by ARKs are malicious. It is normal for a Firewall, some Anti-virus and Anti-malware software (ProcessGuard, Prevx1, AVG AS), sandboxes, virtual machines and Host based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) to hook into the OS kernal/SSDT in order to protect your system. SSDT (System Service Descriptor Table) is a table that stores addresses of functions that are used by Windows. Both Legitimate programs and rootkits can hook into and alter this table. You should not be alarmed if you see any hidden entries created by legitimate programs after performing a scan.I believe those hidden files are related to avast anti-virus (C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\aswSnx.sys). Most references I found are on Finnish, German or Italian forums where users have avast installed but it is mentioned as an avast file at Widlers Security forums.What specific issues are you having that require a request for assistance with malware removal? Please describe any problem(s) in detail as they could provide a clue as to whether your issues are malware related or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362145/do-i-have-a-rootkit-or-is-it-just-false-alarm/
Relevancy 64.5%

Sometimes when I turn my PC on, the siren like heat alarm goes off and prevents the POST. It will even do this if the PC has been off over night and is cold. The sides are off the case and the CPU Heatsink is cold to the touch, so I'm pretty sure it's not actually overheating. My Motherboard is a K7S5A.
Sometimes the PC will POST and boot and when it does, it runs fine, even if left running for ages.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a year old computer running XP home and after several months of having resisted not upgrading to Service pack due several reported glitches from friends I finally downloaded IE7 in False messages alarm and installed SP without a hitch and everything is running OK the only problem False alarm messages in IE7 is that I downloaded and installed IE as well and again no problem until that is I start up my preferred browser of mozilla firefox then I get an alert box saying The URL is not valid and can not be loaded when I click on the OK button my home page opens as normal This occurs on every page I open in firefox and all links but doesn t occur when I use IE and as I only use firefox it is I ve checked through all my settings and couldn t see anything that stands out as being altered I ve now uninstalled IE and reverted back to IE but it seems something has been altered somewhere but I can t find it Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is very annoying as it only started once I had installed SP and IE nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

In preparation for buying something online, I decided to run my standard array of scans (Avast! Antivirus and Sophos Anti-Rootkit). Avast found nothing, but Sophos gave me inconsistent results. First I tried running it in Safe Mode, but got a "Fatal error" message. So I ran it in normal mode and it found a rootkit. When I ran Sophos again at first it turned up nothing, then the next time I got another "Fatal error" message. If I remember correctly, I had Firefox running when Sophos found the rootkit, don't know if that would affect anything. I can't remember what the rootkit's name was, but when I Googled it only two results came up, one of which said something about amvo.exe.

These wildly inconsistent results are giving me heartburn. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Rootkit Or False Alarm?

http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/vi...sillyfdcbr.htmlShow Hidden Folders/FilesOpen My Computer.Go to Tools > Folder Options.Select the View tab.Scroll down to Hidden files and folders.Select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck (untick) Hide extensions of known file types.Uncheck (untick) Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).Click Yes when prompted.Click OK.Close My Computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171692/rootkit-or-false-alarm/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have recently downloaded a trainer for my game (GTA SA) and when ever I run it I get a virus warning and the program won't open.(Avast! stops it)
I have done a Google Search on GTA SA Crazy Trainer V1.51 Virus and people say it's a false alarm, but that was from GTA websites.
Is it a virus or is my antivirus being paranoid?

If it's a flase alarm, why is it doing this and how can I run it without Avast! going mental?

Thanks for help.

Extra Info
I didn't know wether to post it here or in gaming section
I downloaded the trainer from TheGTAPlace.

Relevancy 64.5%

I keep getting Error message: Install Failure after Windows updates are downloaded and Windows attempts to install those updates.

The download is successfull, however, after Windows 7 attempts to install those updates I get this message:

Configuring Windows Update. Do Not Turn off computer.

After Windows attempts the installations of those updates, I get the following message: Failure configuring Service Pack. Reverting Changes. Error_install_failure (0x80070643).

I contacted Microsoft on the problem via emails....they went through a number of trouble shooting techniques....but after all of their recommendations, all they could tell me was to reinstall Windows 7.

I really would not like to do that. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

I have HP Pavilian dv6-3010 us Entertainment Notebook
Windows7, 64bit syatem, 8 gigabytes of Ram, 320Gig Hard Drive
Thanks
Dieter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-after-downloading-current-updates-failes-to-complete-intall-of-updates.1015802/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello again First of all sorry if this isn't the correct area for this topic I'm not even sure if I should've posted it in the Windows area alarm) problem false (potential HDD but I hope I will be forgiven if it's a mistake and that HDD problem (potential false alarm) a moderator can move it in the proper area Now to the problem Starting like two weeks ago I really can't be exactly sure about a start-day I started getting the next message The Windows is installed since november Although I fixed my hibernation sleep problem a week ago Driver power state failure this is annoying I'm getting it randomly not every startup but once in - The thing is the SMART values seem normal anywhere I look I also checked the HDD for errors in HDTune full scan and nothing was reported The values from a read Benchmark in HDTune are also perfectly normal The HDD also seems to work fine nothing weird ok it's not as fast and responsive like when it was new but hey it's a Hard Disk and it's and a half years old I'm actually proud of this little guy the ULTRA DMA CRC ERROR COUNT has the value ' ' unchanged for more than years I read it's nothing to be scared about that there was once a communication problem with the HDD and that will remain there forever as long as it doesn't increase I'm safe and it hasn't Is there any way to check for more problems maybe you know a specific software or you can tell me what to run so it can be determined why Windows pops up this error I was actually expecting Windows to scream about my HDD problem (potential false alarm) secondary HDD which is a quot laptop Western Digital full of problems But after some error scans I determined that the last part of it is clean so I have a GB partition that works perfectly made from the HDD problem (potential false alarm) last GB of the HDD not sure if it's normal tech explanations but you get the point I could probably make more small partitions but it's not worth the time As you can see this one is pretty damaged and no zero fills or regenerations could save it

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25800-hdd-problem-potential-false-alarm.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Most of my troubles started a - false or Real TR/Dropper.Gen alarm? little while back I was on the TR/Dropper.Gen - Real or false alarm? computer and all of the sudden a whole bunch of different windows popped up I can t really explain it better but it didn t seem like TR/Dropper.Gen - Real or false alarm? internet browswer windows but windows with names TR/Dropper.Gen - Real or false alarm? of files in the title I seemed like my computer had crashed I restarted and ran an AVG scan Malwarebytes scan SUPERAnitSpyware scan I quarantined some files I think after I did this is when I started having problems with my internet I cannot connect to the internet through my wireless broadband modems I have two usb modems from two different carriers The usb ports work but not for internet as one modem shows a signal but gets stuck on quot connecting quot and the other shows no device is connected I checked and both modems work on other computers I may have quarantined something I shouldn t have What I found from Malwarebytes was Spyware PWS in C system volume information restore A exe AVG found something but after I quarantined it I uninstalled AVG and installed Avast I believe what AVG found was the TR Dropper trojan which I would see later Whatever SUPERAntiSpyware had found I restored because I thought it might have caused a problem with the modems It wasn t the problem and SUPERAntiSpyware doesn t even show it as a threat anymore I believe the threat had something like quot winlogon quot and quot taskman quot listed in a registry Today Avira found a TR Dropper Gen trojan on my laptop while the computer was doing nothing it was just sitting there and then I got a warning I had connected a USB drive to this laptop that had been in the infected drive Avira listed this trojan in C System Volume Information restore A exe I scanned the USB drive with several different software and no results All of this seems really odd and makes me wonder if my computer didn t just crash I got a bunch of false hits and I m making it worse I am running Windows XP SP and may have downloaded updates before the crash had AVG at the time updated Comodo somewhat updated SUPERAntiSpyware running updated running in the background

A:TR/Dropper.Gen - Real or false alarm?

The detected _restore{GUID}\RP***\A00*****.xxx file(s) identified by your scan were in the System Volume Information Folder (SVI) which is a part of System Restore. The *** after RP represents a sequential number automatically assigned by the operating system. The ***** after A00 represents a sequential number where the original file was backed up and renamed except for its extension. To learn more about this, refer to:Restore Point ForensicsForensic Analysis of System Restore Points in Microsoft Windows XPSystem Restore is the feature that protects your computer by monitoring a core set of system and application files and by creating backups (snapshots saved as restore points) of vital system configurations and files before changes are made. These restore points can be used to "roll back" your computer to a clean working state in the event of a problem. This makes it possible to undo harmful changes to your system configurations including registry modifications made by software or malware by reverting the operating systems configuration to an earlier date. See What's Restored when using System Restore and What's Not.System Restore is enabled by default and will back up the good as well as malevolent files, so when malware is present on the system it gets included in restore points as an A00***** file. If you only get a detection on a file in the SVI folder, that means the original file was on your system in another location at some point and probably has been removed. However, when you scan your system with anti-virus or anti-malware tools, you may receive an alert that a malicious file was detected in the SVI folder (in System Restore points) and moved into quarantine. When a security program quarantines a file, that file is essentially disabled and prevented from causing any harm to your system. The quarantined file is safely held there and no longer a threat. Thereafter, you can delete it at any time. If your anti-virus or anti-malware tool cannot move the files to quarantine, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. If your anti-virus or anti-malware tool was able to move (quarantine) the file(s) it is no longer a threat. When an anti-virus or security program quarantines a file and moves it into a virus vault (chest) or a dedicated Quarantine folder, that file is safely held there and no longer a threat. The file is essentially disabled and prevented from causing any harm to your system through security routines which may copy, rename, encrypt and password protect the file the file before moving. When the quarantined file is known to be malicious, you can delete it at any time by launching the program which removed it, going to the Quarantine tab, and choosing the option to delete.In order to ensure all such files are removed, the easiest thing to do after disinfection is Create a New Restore Point to enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state and use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recent restore point. Vista and Windows 7 users can refer to these links:Create a New Restore Point in Vista or Windows 7Disk Cleanup in VistaDisk Cleanup in Windows 7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367327/trdroppergen-real-or-false-alarm/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having a very frustrating experience with AVG As an additional security check I ran a Kaspersky online scan a few days ago They alarm Solved: or Trojan false picked up one virus as follows Win CIH virus When I scanned the alleged infected file with AVG it did not detect anything I wrote avg tech support with this info and they requested the file - after sending them the infected file they responded as follows Please let us Solved: Trojan or false alarm inform you that the file contained inactive and damaged Win CIH virus In this case AVG does not detect it In atachment of this email we send you the fully healed file that is currently not detect by any other Anti-Virus The plot thickens the next day after booting system avg comes up with Threat Detected Trojan horse Patched c UK for that file they did not detect anything in the day before Also infection is supposedly in a program that I have been using for months without any detection of any kind I removed the threat to the virus vault and thought all was set However I installed a new program yesterday not related to any of this and as I always do I set a restore point for that day before installing This is a day after all of this other trojan stuff was detected Last nite I booted up and it came up with that threat again but now I am unable to remove it The options on avg are to heal or remove to vault When I tried to do either of these I received a msg that those options had failed and that access was denied to the file Keep in mind that this threat now resides in c system volume information restore followed by a string of letters amp numbers I have written AVG repeatedly about this and they have yet to answer my emails I don t know if I really have a trojan or what I am not symptomatic at all I run avg firewall spybot spyware blaster ad aware I am also very careful about what I download so I really don t know what is going on Would appreciate any help you may offer Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Have been reading threads in Win98SE and Security to get rid of a problem similar to recent posts by JoB and TechStumped on windows update not responding (etc.). Think I've cured that (at least for now).

Have run numerous SpyBot 1.3 scans which yield the following:

Possible extension hijack: Default command file handler (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3​
These recur even after "fix this" (with or without reboot).

Some recent threads seem to suggest that "DSO exploit" report is a bug (of sorts) in SpyBot S&D 1.3 rather than a "real" issue [tho the timing is coincidental in my case] is that so?

What about the extension issue in HKCR?

TIA

A:SpyBot False Alarm for DSO exploit?

he DSO exploit thing is a bug in the new version of Spybot. There is more information here:

http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=15308

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spybot-false-alarm-for-dso-exploit.248084/
Relevancy 63.21%

Just so you know I always have Spyware Doctor and Avast running and I run MBAM around once a week When I came back to my computer this afternoon apparently Microsoft Security Essentials ran and detected a threat The info is below Category Worm Description This program is dangerous and self-propagates over a network connection Recommended action Remove this software immediately Alarm? False Worm:Win32/Rebhip Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them not recommended To access these files select the Allow action and click Apply actions If this option is not available log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help Items file C Windows SysWOW Windows svchost exe Type Worm Win Rebhip I scanned the file manually with avast and MBAM and neither found anything wrong with it I checked the task manager to see if there were any odd processes running and everything looked fine I told Microsoft Security Essentials to remove it anyway just in case it wasn t Worm:Win32/Rebhip False Alarm? a false alarm Was it a real virus Did I mess anything up when Microsoft Security Essentials deleted it Is it still in my system More Worm:Win32/Rebhip False Alarm? info is below System specs below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA GMT-UD H x x Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxctmon exe C Users Valued Customer AppData Roaming SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Users Valued Customer AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files x Kodak MediaImpression ArcMonitor exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files x Last fm LastFM exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Users Valued Customer AppData Local Opera Opera temporary downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main St... Read more

Relevancy 63.21%

My windows pro had been very slow including internet surfing firefox email thunderbird and many softwares were slow to response I wasn t sure what it was and was thinking to run scan for virus and malwares and do a defrag Suddenly windows I don t know what software it false ( Solved: malwares) trojans, alarm ? was gave an alarm that my computer was invaded by trojans and malwares I saw all red So I clicked on a button to get rid of those malwares After I clicked it I still saw red I lost internet connection immediately and I could not run any antivirus or antimalwares Solved: false alarm ( trojans, malwares) ? Only after restarting a few times I got the internet back and updated these softwares and run them But they both showed a clean slate And my computer now runs normally Sorry for the lengthy description But that is what happened Do you suggest what is Solved: false alarm ( trojans, malwares) ? the software that gave the alarm I use Moon secure Antivirus and a-squared antimalwares But as I know them I don t think that the alarm came from either of them NOTE sorry I believe I posted in the wrong forum It s just my habit to post in games forums nbsp

A:Solved: false alarm ( trojans, malwares) ?

I ran a couple more of antimalwares:

SuperAntiSpywares: clean slate.
AntiMalwares: found one TROJANS AGENT in the registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-false-alarm-trojans-malwares.851498/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Today I ran Malwarebytes Antimalware and it announced I had one infected file with rootkit.0access? Or a false alarm?? Infected which supposedly was infected with rootkit access I had Malwarebytes remove the infected file I then ran RogueKiller log attached Could someone explain what this log means It seems to say that there are no infected files but there are some suspicious registry entries Could this have been a false alarm Or should I change all my passwords now major hassle Repeat scans by Malwarebytes and MS Security essentials showed no infected files Subsequently I also ran Combofix and Infected with rootkit.0access? Or a false alarm?? I messed up somehow when running it resulting in my computer not being able to connect to the internet any more Infected with rootkit.0access? Or a false alarm?? So I had to restore my entire C-drive from a backup made a year ago using Acronis Does this guarantee the infection has gone away assuming future Malwarebytes scans are negative I would greatly appreciate any help Best wishes MM UPDATE I ran another Malwarebytes scan and the same supposedly infected file is back already even though I just restored my entire C drive from a backup I made a year ago Can this be real I mean if this is a real infection shouldn t there be more than just one infected file I m attaching my DDS and Malwarebytes logs I would appreciate any help

A:Infected with rootkit.0access? Or a false alarm??

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468793/infected-with-rootkit0access-or-a-false-alarm/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Im flabbergasted This day during playing my videogame I have discovered that the computer slowed down A lot Task manager shows HDD usage Antivirus scans malwarebytes adwcleaner drweb cureit showed 100% at wow64.dll alarm? usage HDD roguekiller - false - startup nothing except one RogueKiller finds some recognized dll's but cant delete them Hj KnownDLL X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager KnownDLLs Wow cpu Wow cpu dll - gt ERROR Hj KnownDLL X HKEY LOCAL 100% HDD usage at startup - wow64.dll - roguekiller false alarm? MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager KnownDLLs Wow win Wow 100% HDD usage at startup - wow64.dll - roguekiller false alarm? win dll - gt ERROR Hj KnownDLL X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager KnownDLLs Wow Wow dll - gt ERROR Hj KnownDLL X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager KnownDLLs Wow cpu Wow cpu dll - gt ERROR Hj KnownDLL X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager KnownDLLs Wow win Wow win dll - gt ERROR Hj KnownDLL X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager KnownDLLs Wow Wow dll - gt ERROR I suppose this is a virus because the day before I was looking at some porn on sites which I dont generally view and well porn sites are full of this stuff But of course to make stuff funnier - the abnormal HDD usage sometimes stops For now its normal Question is is roguekiller showing a false alarm or not

A:100% HDD usage at startup - wow64.dll - roguekiller false alarm?

I seem to have the same 6 Registries as you. I have no idea where I could've possibly got them from, but I'm also getting the same error as you. Error 5 being "ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED" I'm really hoping for help on this as well, so I'm bumping for you in hopes of someone being able to help us. If I find anything that helps me, I'll post it here, otherwise if ANYONE could be of any assistance, I'm sure we'd both be greatly appreciative.

I've tried running in safe mode, and am on a Windows 8.1, it still gave the same error. Also ran many malware programs myself, which as you said, came up with nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576608/100-hdd-usage-at-startup-wow64dll-roguekiller-false-alarm/
Relevancy 62.35%

An interesting one here I ve suspected for a while that there s been something Subtle or confusing alarm? and rootkit false infection, not quite right with my system - it s periodically stupidly slow despite Subtle and confusing rootkit infection, or false alarm? constant defragging etc Most of all the internet connection seems to be being used all the time by something over and above what I m doing and cutting down on my bandwidth The icon in the taskbar is always a right light blue whenever and as soon as i get connected I thought at first it might be rustock but I did some research and it doesn t seem like it Over the last few days I ve been scanning with everything under the sun but they haven t found anything except a couple of things in zip archives that NIS hasn t let install off of sites Oh and they ve picked up each other as well which is fun Anyway the only thing to give me a clue was GMER which came up with some SSDT entries just numbers in the left pane and I don t actually know what SSDT is and one ADS - in C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data TEMP FB C So I tried to delete that a few times but every time it came straight back after restart Nothing else gave me any indication of anything until I downloaded this program today called ADS spy It found the same entry or bytes I can t remember and also once I d deleted it and scanned again some hidden stuff in my recycle bin Here it is C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc poo dll c cc - c e- d - e - c fb d bytes C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc poo dll SummaryInformation bytes C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc exe Zone Identifier bytes C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc exe Zone Identifier bytes C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc reg Zone Identifier bytes Does anyone know what this is and how I go about tackling it since I m amp sure that if I delete it it ll come back as soon as I restart Or might the whole thing be nothing I m sure ithere s something up though for information I ve run NAV Scan only HJT which looks clean to me and to hijackthis de Antivir Guard CCcleaner Combofix GMER and SUPERAntiSpyware - All came out clean or nearly clean except GMER Though CCleaner did save me about GB disk space nbsp

A:Subtle and confusing rootkit infection, or false alarm?

Oh well, it doesn't matter now, anyway. I started getting a bit further into it, after layers and layers of gmer and ADSspy (each one stripping away another layer), I found a hidden registry entry in CurrentControlSet; and as soon as I deleted that, laptop crashed and my hard drive no longer existed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/subtle-and-confusing-rootkit-infection-or-false-alarm.581949/
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title says, I have problems with Windows Update. I tried some fixes like: Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components, Reset_Windows_Update_History, MicrosoftFixit50362 (which is a Microsoft Installer Fixer that couldn't install PowerShell), MicrosoftFixit50202. But what I really need is installing .NET Framework 4. I tried forcing it to install, installing it step by step, but it couldn't go further than .NET Framework 3.5. I need that Framework, the other updates don't really matter. And the interesting thing is that my antivirus doesn't say that Windows is not up-to-date, which is not normal, in ESET Smart Security, if Windows is not up-to-date.
If specs matter:
6 GB RAM
AMD Athlon ll X4 750K
AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR3
Vista SP2

cbs.txt:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/jsoeje0nxt30g5u/cbs.txt

I don't know how to obtain CheckSUR.log.

A:Windows Update stuck at Checking for Updates and can't install Updates manually

Hi antoniu200:

Many other Vista users have reported that Windows Update seems to get stuck at "Checking for updates..." for long periods of time, and this problem dates back to the August 2015 Patch Tuesday updates - see my screenshots in ScousaJAY's thread windows update just seems to hang while checking in the VistaForums. This month's December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates required a full hour on my machine before it finished the  "Checking for updates..." phase and finally presented a list of available updates, so you might want to try running a manual Windows Update and leaving your computer alone for an hour or so to see if it eventually runs to completion.

You might also want to read Nikilet's recent thread Updates were not configured correctly in that same forum.  Some Vista users, including myself, received an error message this month stating "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Please do not turn off your computer" when they tried to install the December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates.  Six updates for the Vista OS and one cumulative update for IE9 were marked as "Failed" on my machine after Windows forced an automatic rollback and re-boot of my machine.  I re-ran Windows Update today and all Important updates that failed yesterday eventually installed successfully ("Checking for updates..." still took about one hour and I declined one Recommended update KB3112148 for Vista and one Optional update KB3106614 for Silverlight today) so the secret might be to install updates in smaller batches instead of trying to install all dozen or so available updates in a single update session.
-------------32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v42.0 * IE9 * NIS (2014) v21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium v2.2.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598963/windows-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-and-cant-install-updates-manually/
Relevancy 61.92%

Slovakian anti-virus firm Eset has confirmed that a misfiring virus definition update wrongly labelled Windows system files as infected with malware As a result of the dodgy definition key files were identified as a virus and shuffled off into quarantine Eset said it spotted the problem within minutes and released a new update that was free of the system false alarm files Eset on puts remand glitch along with advice on how to unbork affected systems The firm estimates that less than one in users were affected It apologised for the snafu in a statement which explains that mistakes in virus definition and generic detection heuristic updates contributed to the problem On Monday March th at CET ESET released an update of our heuristics v together with standard virus definition update no An error in the heuristics caused a malfunction in the Windows operating system by false identification of several Eset false alarm puts system files on remand system files including dllhost exe and msdtc exe which were catalogued as Win Kryptik JX The update downloads were stopped within minutes of the update release and the update was reverted to its previous version Thanks to this immediate reaction less than per cent of our users were affected False alerts involving anti-virus scanners are a well-known Achilles Heel which affects all vendors from time to time The issue is more severe when system files are miscategorised as malware as in this case but Eset deserves credit for responding promptly to the issue Eset has published advisories explaining how affected users can pull files out of quarantine and restore systems here and here quot A new special update containing automatic release of the false positives from quarantine will be released within a few hours quot it added In response to the incident Eset said it was working on a standalone tool to manage quarantined files more efficiently in large installations Eset false alarm puts system files on remand The Register

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/215496-eset-false-alarm-puts-system-files-remand.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I installed windows 7 yesterday but windows update is now stuck on checking for updates all the time. Doesn't download or install any updates

That said i looked up and tried a lot of solutions/fixes online but no luck, nothing worked.

Any help is much appreciated. I don't wanna upgrade to windows 10 by the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399633-windows-updates-stuck-checking-updates-hours.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Well my dad wants me to fix his computer I have helped it alot just seems like he has a ton of problems and such One major issuse is these little icons on the bottom right of his screen that blink says Update Windows now and Caution Your Computer is Infected please help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore Update Icons Programs False Random Updates / Windows Wanting --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware - - UTC - RP - Removed RecordNow - - UTC - RP - Configured easy Internet sign-up-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Owner exe -----------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exeC WINDOWS System WgaTray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Web Technologies wcs exeC Program Files Web Technologies iebtm exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files USB Storage RW udsi exeC Program Files Web Technologies wcm exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Web Technologies iebtmm exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXEC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Compaq Connections Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeE dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Owner exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http internetsearchservice comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http internetsearchservice comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http internetsearchservice comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http internetsearchservice comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http internetsearchservice comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVers... Read more

A:False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates

Hello MilesJ and welcome to BC. Let's see what we can find. Please follow the steps below in order:Before running a new scan let's clean out the temporary folders. Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).Click the Empty Selected button.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Now download OTScanIt from here or here to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).
In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:Reg - BotCheck
File - Additional Folder Scans
Do not change any other settings.Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.Let it run unhindered until it finishes.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Save the file to your desktop or other location where you can find it back.Use the Add Reply button and attach the file in your next post (do not try to copy/paste it into the post). Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154211/false-windows-update-icons-random-programs-wanting-updates/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have had this problem since October and this isn't the first forum I have come to so please check blocked all & Windows Avira Zone Vimax ads - updates Alarm, out the link to Geeks to Go who did try to help me with this although unsuccessfully - I think we all got fed up of going around in circles after weeks http www geekstogo com forum Vimax d-t html This will be my last attempt to resolve this if not I'll probably have to go out and buy a new PC I am running XP with service pack can't update as I mentioned before Here are the requested Vimax ads - Zone Alarm, Windows & Avira updates all blocked files If you can help me I would Vimax ads - Zone Alarm, Windows & Avira updates all blocked extremely grateful Dylan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dylan at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition On-access scanning disabled Outdated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Archivos de programa Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Archivos de programa Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Archivos de programa Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Archivos de programa SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exe C Archivos de programa iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system LVComsX exe C Documents and Settings Dylan RD- DA D A Escritorio dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp webmail wanadoo es BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c archivos de programa adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c archivos de programa java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c archivos de programa google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot c archivos de programa logitech video ManifestEngine exe quot boot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c archivos de programa java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c archivos de programa zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c archivos de programa quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c archivos de programa itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun avgnt quot c archivos de programa avira antivir personaledition classic avgnt exe quot min dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse win menini progra inicio adobeg lnk - c archivos de programa archivos comunes adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe StartupFolder c docume alluse win menini progra inicio adober lnk - c archivos de programa adobe acrobat reader reader sl exe StartupFolder c docume alluse win menini progra inicio dslmon lnk - c archivos de programa sagem sagem f st - dslmon exe StartupFolder c docume alluse win menini progra inicio logite lnk - c program files logitech desktop messenger program LDMConf exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c archiv micros office EXCEL EXE IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c archivos de programa messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c archivos de programa java jre bin ssv dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c archiv micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FF... Read more

A:Vimax ads - Zone Alarm, Windows & Avira updates all blocked

Hello DylanS,

Do you use a router? If so, I believe it's the router that has been hijacked, not the PC. What I'd like you to do is a hard reset with your router. Leave it on, and there should be a little pinhole in the back of the unit. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds).

Then change your admin login and password--make it a strong password.

You may also want to ask your ISP for help in case there are custom settings that need to be maintained.

If you need further assitance in carrying that out, let me know the brand of router you have.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/vimax-ads-zone-alarm-windows-and-avira-updates-all-blocked-346831.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Windows Enterprise x virtual machine that I use as a template in my vSphere environment that I keep up to date with all Windows updates This VM only contains Windows in its disk Last time I was able to fully patch this machine was back in May a few nights ago I tried to update Windows updates and Checking at for Windows 7 Updates stuck updates ... it's stuck at Checking for updates I let it sat there for hours I read several blogs on resetting Windows Updates services stopping BITS and Windows Services then deleting all files in Windows SoftwareDistribution and none of them seem to work I also ran a Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates Windows Update troubleshooting tool that is supposed to Fix problems with Windows Updates - didn't work either as it tries to get updates from the internet Next I decided to create a brand new Windows machine and tried to run Windows Updates nothing still Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates gets hung up at Checking for updates Anyone has any ideas on how to fix Windows Updates so Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates I can get updates It seems that something changed recently that broke it Windows patching seems to work just fine as I've had no issues with my Windows machines Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fbe997ca-3340-4587-ba5c-a3c573511cdc/windows-7-updates-stuck-at-checking-for-updates?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 60.2%

after an update version aka new windows 10 version, i check my window update , and its stuck.
on downloading 0 %. already check windows update servicing, sfc, trouble shooting, dism, nothing works for me..
a help pls?

A:Windows Update stuck at downloading

Hi,

what type of connection do you use to access the Internet - mobile broadband (cellular), WiFi or Ethernet?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58709-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Trying to upgrade from windows to The reserve icon was not on the taskbar went to windows update 0% Windows at stuck downloading Update found out I had important updates which will not download when I try Also update and support programs from samsung will not open Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Johnson administrator on JOHNSON-PC - - Running from C Users Johnson Downloads Loaded Profiles Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Johnson amp Available Profiles Johnson amp Mcx -JOHNSON-PC Platform Windows Home Premium X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcContextHookShim exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcCMService exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe SEC C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe SAMSUNG Electronics C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MpCmdRun exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in ... Read more

A:Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===If present remove this program in bold using the Add/Remove Program applet.Iminent (x32 Version: 6.46.1.0 - Iminent) Hidden <==== ATTENTIONPress the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [mobilegeni daemon] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobogenie\DaemonProcess.exe
Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\570\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]
HKLM\...D6A79037F57F\InprocServer32: [Default-fastprox] fastprox.dllATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess?
HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
ShortcutTarget: tcbhn.lnk -> C:\Users\Johnson\AppData\Roaming\BrowserCompanion\tcbhn.exe (No File)
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.certified-toolbar.com?si=41179&bs=true&tid=397&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {afdbddaa-5d3f-42ee-b79c-185a7020515b} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{E... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590109/windows-update-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 60.2%

i cant get anny further than 0 kb 0% when downloading the latest updates i did a clean instal but no sucess
still 90 essential updates to go ran it over a night and not even 1kb furter

A:Windows Update Stuck at downloading

Try disconnecting your PC from the internet>close Windows Update>reopen windows update and see if an install (not download) button is showing and click it. Then reboot and start downloading the next batch. Sometimes Windows needs to install what it has before it can download and install the rest. You might have to do this a couple of times. Windows also (like recently) has to update Windows Update before it can further download.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65449-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Guys nbsp Windows nbsp security updates does not download if showing N number of updates it won't download and the downloading shows life forever lt o p gt lt o p gt This problem has found in nbsp Windows Ent nbsp and nbsp Windows Ent SP nbsp in clean formatted PC with windows Activated and Domain not joined Tried on several PCs and either it won't ever start or it will be showing or updates but it it with Windows of if & won't number showing download, 7 not never download 0% does downloading available, progress ends N updates updates won t ever download Domain joined PCs have different story because GP options are enforced There is no WSUS or patch management software yet on network nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt I am purely looking for an answer for this problem of Windows Update either not initiating at all if ever it is showing number of updates to be installed it never them downloaded and downloading screen with activity is running forever Please share any experiences and solutions If there is a KB about it please refer nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt Any or all help is appreciated Regards lt o p gt lt o p gt Mughal Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress lt o p gt lt o p Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress gt MCTS MCITP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cf2dd72-0acc-4d7e-acab-320e5a303db4/windows-7-updates-does-not-download-if-showing-n-number-of-updates-available-it-wont-download?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 59.34%

I have spent many days trying to get a handle about what is the behavior of Windows Update process when it hangs Downloading at I have looked through many of the threads on this problem to see if there is a pattern to the failures or a solution that works for many people Even though it is stated not to try what others have done in other posts I have done some of these I have also gone above this and tried analyze what the system is doing when in this state I have some results but no answers The issues I'm having may be unique to my setup but I hope my results are helpful to the larger Windows community Based on the results of my testing I am approaching the opinion that this problem of Windows Update hanging is percipitated by one or more of the following M doesn't care that update is fatally broken and won't fix it The engineers currently working on this at M are totally incompetent in about Downloading Another Windows at 0% stuck Update thread their ability to fix it M is deliberately sabataging Windows and Window in order to force everybody to update to Windows Background The system I'm running my Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0% lastest tests on is a HP Elitebook P It is built with a Core Duo T with GB RAM Installed is Win Pro x Another system that is exhibiting the problem is a Dell Optiplex running a Core Duo E with GB RAM on Windows Pro x A third system I'm using is built on an Asus motherboard running a Core i CPU with GB Ram running Win Pro x I know these are ancient systems I'm working on upgrading the i system now For some reason the windows update is not hanging on the i system I don't know why at this point What I have done to solve this I ran the SURT and SFC Scan multiple times The SURT did find errors and fixed most of them if the specific errors are needed I'll have to rerun the tests After the SURT is run it takes about hours to complete the check for new updates After running the SURT what tends to happen is the first time I try to install updates a few the updates install in less than minutes When I restart and try to install more updates the Update window hangs at for about hours and then they install successfully I have manually reset the update client by using the process where you delete the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder Again when I run Windows Update it will take hours 'Checking for updates' Then the first time I run Windows update I can install a few updates in less than minutes The second time Windows Update will be stuck downloading at and will take about hours to complete the updates For the nuclear option I completely reinstalled my HP system from a base Windows CD which didn't have SP After the initial install the only software I installed was Firefox and Wireshark a The initial install went normally I was able to install all updates that were pending prior to SP without any lengthy delay b I installed the service Pack update This update installed with no apparent issues c After the install of SP I was prompted to install the latest Windows Update Clent This is where all went to h--- d After installing the new client the first time I installed some NET updates I was able to install them without delay The second time it took hours to check for updates Then another hours to install the x NET updates e I then attempted some Security updates and again it took over hours to install the updates During the next run of Security Updates I fired up Process Monitor Here is some of what I found there may be other relevant data I haven't found yet After filtering out all non-related processes I find something extremely interesting After an initial flurry of activity the svchost exe process and process tree gets into a loop where it is playing with itself and where the most of the activity visible is repeatedly reading one or two areas of the Registry The following events occur for the most of the hours Code quot Time of Day quot quot Process Name quot quot PID quot quot ... Read more

A:Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0%

Hi John,
The simple answer is MS doesn't want users on W7 any more.
We just have to put up with this situation.
However they say, IF you you want to believe them, that they are in the process of addressing the slow D/L and install of updates for us.

we just have to live with it

note the comp you have with 2Gb ram will allways suffer, thats the min for W7.

Must admit having looked at an awfull lot of windows update logs cant remember seeing those entries

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394502-another-thread-about-windows-update-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys,

So basically, I ran windows update on my PC (I recently made a fresh install), it started downloading very slowly ; until it reached 25% where it's been at for 30 minutes. I tried stopping the download and selecting another update, to see if it was just one update that wouldn't download, but I had the same result :

Windows update was just stuck downloading.

EDIT: screen of the updates in question :
I tried to stop the firewall in ESET Smart Security; nothing. I tried the Fixit tools (.exe and .cab versions), nothing. (except that the .cab version is just stuck too).

Has that happened to any of you guys before?

I had problems yesterday with windows update (BSOD while installing updates), and it just wrecked my computer, and I had to restore to factory settings. But that can't be related?

A:Windows Update service stuck in downloading

Update : I tried to reboot, and got stuck on "windows is preparing your computer blablabla". So I hard rebooted, logged in, and now the windows update service doesn't show up any longer, I can't run anything because the UAC prompt is gone (I can't do anything that requires admin privileges)...
Fml

I am currently restoring my computer using the windows restore option... And it's stuck on "restoring your files".

So if it doesn't work out, I'll have to factory reset my computer for the third time in two days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338125-windows-update-service-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 58.48%

UNABBLE TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS UPDATES

A:Not downloading WINDOWS UPDATES

What version of Windows are you using? What actually happens when you try to update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613859/not-downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm trying to download the new security updates the new activation thing for my copy of Windows 7 Pro but it's not going. Before I click install it says it's download at 68% but won't download anymore. When I manually select to download them all it just goes to 0% and doesn't go anywhere. This is getting annoying because when I need to shut my computer down it tries to download and install them but never works. Any help? Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Updates Not Downloading

If you don't have a nasty malware, then try this:
Download one and only one of the updates. Do not rush things. After install is finished AND the hard disk has settled down, then RESTART your computer whether MS said you needed to restart or not.

Keep doing this. One update at a time. Slow and tedious. I suspect you either have a virus or other software which you have installed which is dragging your system down.

karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66318-windows-7-updates-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Help I booted my system Windows XP Professional yesterday and noticed that everything was operating very very slowly I launched Task Manager and saw that my CPU utilization was pegged at The culprit as SVCHOST exe that was sucking up my CPU time I also noticed in my System Tray that the Microsoft ICON was there and when I moused over it there was a message indicating that downloads were in process at complete I let the machine run for several hours hrs and the percentage of completion was only up to I shut the system down and rebooted today and noticed that the download process picked up where it left off when I shut Windows Downloading Updates the system down and let the machine run for another hours and it had only advance to complete My temperature monitor indicator alarm was sounding off since my CPU activity was continually Downloading Windows Updates pegged at and the CPU was overheating QUESTION How can I abort this download HELP HELP JB

A:Downloading Windows Updates

Sounds like you are on dialup. go to administative tools/services in control panel and stop automatic updates/right click/properties and disable. go to update an do a couple at a time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-windows-updates-232821.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My not downloading Updates Windows Dell desktop was Vista Home Premium SP bit On I did a clean install of bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack with an OEM disk that I purhcased I did not transfer any programs from the old system have done all completely new installs on everything I ran Windows Update and it just ran and ran forever It never said quot Windows is up to date quot I checked the View Updates and there were that apparently installed on the date I did the installation see screenshot I did the activation this morning and it was successful I tried running Windows Update and again it keeps running without end I finally shut it down Secunia psi reports that my Windows is up to date however I ran Belarc Advisor and it shows missing updates most of them either Important or Critical sfc scannow reports Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity errors I Windows Updates not downloading am attaching the CBS log asked for in the instructions I read I have downloaded the SURT tool but haven't run it yet Perhaps there is some little thing that I am not doing right so I will wait until I hear back from the forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394534-windows-updates-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So, how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
rhino1366

A:Downloading Windows XP updates on the CD/DVD

A quick link to the service pack 3 ISO.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enAnd a link to the dl page for the network installation file.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displayLang=enThe following 60+ updates may have a method to download and update but I don't have it handy. There is probably a method designed for the admins of large networks. Are you doing this for one computer? or several...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274308/downloading-windows-xp-updates-on-the-cddvd/
Relevancy 58.48%

When I select updates to download it starts preparing for download, but does not download. Said something about internet connectivity. I have no problems with the internet, updates for programs regularly download, etc..

On the failed downloads the error messages are: Codes: 643, 57, C355, 9. Updates either do not start to download at all or after about 20 minutes of preparing to download they will download and then fail.

A:Windows 7 updates not downloading

Error message specifics, please?

There is no known cure for every variation of an error message...that we can point you to.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402948/windows-7-updates-not-downloading/
Relevancy 58.48%

Microsoft Net Framework security update keeps downloading, and installing over, and over. Spybot Search And Destroy gave multiple error messages during the scan, and found nothing. Super Anti Spyware found several adware tracking cookies, and Tdsskiller found, and deleted a locked file.

A:Windows keeps downloading the same updates

See here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454496.html here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454521.html and here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454479.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454553/windows-keeps-downloading-the-same-updates/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently purchased a new BlackBerry phone that requires running BlackBerry OS6 and SP3 on my Windows XP Home Edition.

After having multiple crashes and continual reboots with SP3, I found the fix in your forums and FINALLY have SP3 installed on my HP computer running the AMD processor (thank you for that!)

However, I still cannot open BlackBerry OS6 after it has been installed. As soon as I open it, I get the "BlackBerry Desktop Software has encountered a problem..." window.

Upon reading some BlackBerry forums, I found that I might need to run Windows Updates before OS6 will work. However, I don't have internet to that PC and tether my BlackBerry to get internet service at all.

Is there a way to download all the Windows Updates I need to an external drive and then load them on the HP PC that does not have internet? How would I do this?

A:Downloading Windows Updates

Per Release NotesMicrosoft? Windows? XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista?, Windows? 7If you're using a 64-bit Windows XP computer, you must install the following hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968730.Microsoft? .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connectioniTunes 7.7.1 or later or Windows Media? Player 10 or later for music synchronizationhttp://blogs.blackberry.com/2010/08/install-blackberry-desktop-software-6/If you have SP3 installed, it doesn't appear that you need any updates since the release of SP3.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422844/downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am arriving here at the Vista forum after going through a cleaning in the Malware Forums.  That link is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498238/sirefefzeroacess-or-just-avg-uninstalling-incorrectly/

Whenever I try to download Windows Updates, I get the 80096001 error.  I get this error when attempting to download updates to Microsoft Security Essentials as well.  I tried resetting Windows Updates according to Microsoft KB 971058.  That has not helped. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Get 80096001 when downloading Windows Updates

You might try narenxp's suggestion at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454325/80096001-cannot-get-windows-to-even-search-for-windows-updates/?p=2846422 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499709/get-80096001-when-downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys, ive had this problem for a while and i dont know how to fix it. I am unable to download updates for windows on my computer, and for some reason automatic updates is turned off and i cant turn it on. What can i do so that i can change that so automatic updates is turned on?

A:Problem With Downloading Updates For Windows

Are you receiving any error messages or does it look like it's working and afterwards it says download failed? Have you recently done a repair install of XP?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130144/problem-with-downloading-updates-for-windows/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi There
We deploy images or special builds for new or used PC to clients and in the past couple of months the Windows update services are taking for ever to download or even pickup on updates.
Can anybody else confirm this?
I believe MS are pushing us towards Windows 10 as we have tested a number of the same Windows 7 images and done the upgrade to Windows 10 without any issues
Something is not right.
Regards
Warren

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a985de8f-261e-474c-85b1-6473e6493584/windows-7-updates-not-downloading-or-slow?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey Guys I've recently installed Windows Ultimate on my desktop computer system and then I problems in Windows 7 downloading updates installed the SP service pack on the computer The desktop computer features these specifications - ASUS M A-VM motherboard - AMD Athlon X Dual Core CPU codename quot Windsor quot at GHz - GB DDR PC - memory - Integrated ATI Radeon X graphics I also have a separate Wireless-N networking card on that desktop computer It's a Linksys WMP dual-band Wireless-N PCI networking card Whenever I tried to run Windows Update on the system sometimes it takes a while for the computer to send receive information from Microsoft's servers concerning the updates for the particular operating system My internet connection is running okay for the most part doing activities other than Windows Update but sometimes - I often get an error saying that quot Windows Update Encountered an Unknown Error quot or something like that My theory could lay on a probable cause - the recent activity down at Microsoft's Servers that is problems downloading updates in Windows 7 at the time of this posting hogging up the resources for assisting users on upgrading their Windows system into the latest version of Windows - known as Windows I've also tried to do the same situation checking for updates that is on problems downloading updates in Windows 7 another computer which is the Lenovo Thinkpad T laptop computer - but at the time of this posting of the thread the problem is very similar to mine Anyways what particular suggestion that you can give to me at this point Should I reconfigure my networking settings for my computer or should I wait until the quot traffic quot dies down at Microsoft's problems downloading updates in Windows 7 servers The latter seems to be a silly question but I wanted suggestions

A:problems downloading updates in Windows 7

Sometimes, on some computers, when there are a lot of updates, they fail. Often though, if you deselect all, then select and install a few at a time, it will work fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-downloading-updates-in-windows-7-a-1026314.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My Dell Inspiron 1525 is not downloading updates. My computer is set to automatically download updates. I will try to install the updates but the status is failed. There are some important updates that I need but it fails everytime. I tried searching for the error codes: 80070005 and Code 5.
Not sure what to do.

A:Windows Vista not downloading updates

Hi there are a few possible solutions here http://social.technet.microsoft.com...p/thread/95edbee4-a75c-48ad-91d1-5316a96f9567

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-downloading-updates.890715/
Relevancy 58.05%

I've been having some trouble downloading windows updates lately with Windows 7.  They hang at 0% downloaded and never move forward.   I used the Windows update troubleshooter to try to fix them, and it found various errors and it said they were fixed.  Though I'm still having the same exact problems.  

A:Issue with windows updates not downloading

If you do not have IE11 then install it. Install .NET 4.6.1

Download and install all updates and latest Update Client on this page.

http://wu.krelay.de/en/

You may find that the updates do not install. This is because the Windows Update Service has already started. You can either disable the service before installing the updates or reboot and immediately install the updates as the Update Service has a delayed start.

After you have done all updates and Update Client reboot and check for updates it could take a couple of hours or minutes.

If you still have trouble download the June rollup update and the prerequisite KB3020369 if that has not been installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622441/issue-with-windows-updates-not-downloading/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

RE: WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT UPDATES

I have been having a problem downloading updates from Windows and I have been unable to find a solution.

Often when I download an update it gets stuck at 92%, sometimes for days; so I have to over-ride it.

When I re-start my computer I get a message ' Installing updates. Do not turn off your computer'. Again this can last for days and I have to turn off the computer
and re-start manually to over-ride the installation.

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Problems downloading windows updates

Some generic Windows Update troubleshooting: http://www.carrona.org/winupdat.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-downloading-windows-updates-479443.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently installed Windows 7 on my HTPC. I have installed all of the drivers for the motherboard and GPU. When I go to windows update I see that there are about 83 that I need to install. When I highlight and click install, the download never takes place but rather hangs and eventually gives me a message that says:

"Windows Modules Installer has stopped running"

Can anyone help me work this out before I have to reinstall the OS, reinstall the drives, partition the drives and all that fun and exciting stuff again?

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I've booted up a laptop that I haven't used in a few months and am going through the process of updating everything via Windows Update application nbsp What is strange is when I open the application it says that there are important updates so I clicked quot download and install updates quot nbsp The next screen in but Windows updates Downloading in progress no bar? 7, the application says Downloading updates in Windows 7, but no progress bar? quot downloading updates quot but shows kb remaining and downloaded for hours on end When I finally gave up and asked the application to cancel I went to shut down and noticed that there was the update icon and apparently it was ready to install of the updates nbsp When I finally get back in after the installation it says that there are now only important updates meaning that I did somehow install them it just did Downloading updates in Windows 7, but no progress bar? not show the progress Is this normal nbsp It's somewhat frustrating that I don't see the progress or remaining amount to update although they are almost certainly downloading

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35593cb6-4d41-49a2-8a61-a89e5f4e9c63/downloading-updates-in-windows-7-but-no-progress-bar?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

Apologies for starting another thread on Updates not downloading but the others now seem a bit complicated.

Yesterday, MS dropped a total of 16 Important Updates on my Windows 7 system and no matter how long I leave the system running for I cannot get any of the Updates to download. I've tried again this morning with just one update, the smallest in the list and the system is still running after two hours and it's still showing 0 KB downloaded.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-windows-7-updates-not-downloading-problem.1169888/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have set my windows update on notify me about new updates Because I am on a capped data plan so I have to keep an eye on what gets downloaded Last month I was busy in my examination schedules that I could not even turn on my laptop now on nd march I opened my laptop checked for updates windows 7 again updates downloading stopped it windows 7 again stopped downloading updates showed updates available I started downloading after MB download it failed almost installed updates Then yesterday I again checked for updates now it kept on checking after an hour or so it showed updates available I started download but it did not download anything for straight hours The connection manager of the dongle also showed zero upload downloaded data despite I have full strength connection I searched the web found a solution on seven forums http www sevenforums windows 7 again stopped downloading updates com windows-updates-activation -windows-update-stuck- -a html telling to empty the software distribution directory after stopping windows update service I did that but of no avail so I restored the deleted files Now windows update shows that I have never checked for update neither installed any I am at my wits end I previously faced this problem and posted about it in this forum but surprisingly it automatically started downloading and installing them But now I am stuck at the same place again or even worse position Any help should be appreciated Thank you

A:windows 7 again stopped downloading updates

I again emptied the software distribution folder again as a last attempt. And didn't restore anything. This time it seemed to do the trick. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607158/windows-7-again-stopped-downloading-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two laptops operating on rather slow internet connections. I find that downloading the regular Windows updates are a necessary pain in the neck.

As I have two machines, this is a double pain.

Is it possible to download and save the update once so that the both laptops can be updated from the single download?

A:Downloading and saving Windows updates

Two ways, one automatic, the other manual. Automatic is the preferred method because it will only download those parts of each cumulative update that are new since the last update. The manual method downloads the whole of the cumulative update each time. With your slow connection that's probably going to be no less painful for you.

Automatic

Go to Settings - Update & Security - Windows update - Advanced options - Choose how updates are delivered
Set both PCs to...

Manual

Set both PCs to 'Metred connection' . This will still allow them to check for updates, but stop them downloading them. Either check for updates yourself, or wait for windows to notify you an update is waiting but can't be downloaded over a metered conection.
Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10
Ethernet Connection - Set as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

When you know an update is waiting, look up its KB number in Settings - Update & Security then follow the instructions here to download it direct from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/do...g-any-browser/

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65931-downloading-saving-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but here goes:

Windows 7 ---

Problem with home networked computer not being able to download Windows updates.

The main computer has no problems with the updates. Both are connected via a DI-624 router and have had the same connection for 3-4 years. Router settings have not been changed. I ran extensive malware scans and none found.

The main computer is a 64-bit and the networked computer is a 32-bit, although I don't see that makes a difference. I've changed ethernet cables and still the same thing.

Any ideas about a possible solution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390085-problem-downloading-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two laptops operating on rather slow internet connections. I find that downloading the regular Windows updates are a necessary pain in the neck.

As I have two machines, this is a double pain.

Is it possible to download and save the update once so that the both laptops can be updated from the single download?

A:Downloading and saving Windows updates

Two ways, one automatic, the other manual. Automatic is the preferred method because it will only download those parts of each cumulative update that are new since the last update. The manual method downloads the whole of the cumulative update each time. With your slow connection that's probably going to be no less painful for you.

Automatic

Go to Settings - Update & Security - Windows update - Advanced options - Choose how updates are delivered
Set both PCs to...

Manual

Set both PCs to 'Metred connection' . This will still allow them to check for updates, but stop them downloading them. Either check for updates yourself, or wait for windows to notify you an update is waiting but can't be downloaded over a metered conection.
Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10
Ethernet Connection - Set as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

When you know an update is waiting, look up its KB number in Settings - Update & Security then follow the instructions here to download it direct from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/do...g-any-browser/

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65931-downloading-saving-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Windows Update says it's Downloading Updates. It has said that more than 30 minutes ago. And it's still 0 KB total, 0% complete. What's going on?

A:Windows Update says downloading updates but 0% after 1hr.

If you have a slow internet connection and/or you have just done a clean install and there are many updates to download, you'll just have to be patient. For example, I just did a recent clean install of Windows 8.0 and there were 62 updates to download. I'd wait a bit more and see what happens if any of my previous assumption apply.

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33997-windows-update-says-downloading-updates-but-0-after-1hr.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
Im looking for a way to download the Windows 7 update files that i can execute on a machine, as i have several computers re-install but i cant afford the bandwith downloading them over and over again. I have tried on the Microsoft site with their update catalog, using IE but it always has a failed attempt when i click on the download basket.

Could anyone help me? Thanks.

A:Downloading Windows updates separately

I have also been looking at ways to edit system images, i've created an iso out of my disc. I've tried usig RT 7 lite, but after modifying and saving the file, i try them out in a vm, but they always seem to be the original installer, etc. Are there any alternatives to RT 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284630-downloading-windows-updates-separately.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I ve read in other threads that people are having the same problem as me and I tried to Downloading Failing Updates Windows do what was recommended to my computer but it hasn t worked I have Windows Vista and have seen my computer is running a little Downloading Windows Updates Failing slower than usual and I think it s Malware but I was also trying to install Windows updates but it had been failing I tried running these lines regsvr exe c windows system wuweb dll regsvr exe c windows system wups dll regsvr exe c windows system wups dll regsvr Downloading Windows Updates Failing exe c windows system wucltui dll regsvr exe c windows system wuaueng dll regsvr exe c windows system wuaueng dll regsvr exe c windows system wuapi dll when I ran the first line I got a warning box starting out by saying the module quot regsvr exe c windows system wuweb dll quot failed to load etc It use to update perfectly fine but they have all failed recently Please help thank you nbsp

A:Downloading Windows Updates Failing

Welcome to TSG--

You should probably click the Report link in the lower right corner of you post and kindly ask a moderator to move this thread to the Vista forum---this forum is for Windows XP issues...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-windows-updates-failing.884039/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys,

As you know Win7 is crappy with Windows Updates, yesterday i installed it and it can't even updates itself (unlike with Win10 which was flawless)

So after long searches , i found a way , follow this guide and it "should" solve the issue:

Search for Windows Updates takes forever? - A possible solution

so i downloaded and installed the march 2016 KB and after 30mn WU finally decided to download those needed updates...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-updates-hanging-and-not-downloading.62319/
Relevancy 58.05%

Like a number of people a few weeks back, I could not open Windows after downloading that ginormous 13-update patch. I have Windows XP Professional, an IBM R32 Thinkpad, and got the infamous BSOD with the following error codes:

"STOP: 0X000000E3"

"A thread tried to release a source it did not own."

"0X80558BEO"
"0X82FFFFCA548"
"0X00000000"
"0X00000002"

Windows will not start in safe mode or return to last settings, etc. I remember reading here somebody had found a fix, but I can't find it now (I was too sick to deal with it at the time). Can anybody here point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Relevancy 58.05%

I noticed last night that Windows Update had 55 updates to download.  Upon further inspection, it said updates were last downloaded sometime in November.

I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooting; it resolved some items, but not others (forgot to take a screenshot).  Now Windows Update says I have never even checked for updates.

Following the advice on other threads, I selected only 2 of the updates, then let it run overnight.  I woke up this morning to ZERO percent complete.  Ugh.

I'm able to view pages on Internet Explorer and Chrome without issue, and MalwareBytes was able to update just fine.  What next?

A:Windows Update not downloading updates

Download the Windows Update Readiness Tool and run it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612719/windows-update-not-downloading-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi downloading Windows fail updates after right I'm just wondering if any of you guys have come across this issue before and might know what to do about it I'm running pro sp on an old Windows updates fail right after downloading Dell Dimension I am unable to install new updates from the Microsoft site The installer downloads them and immediately quits and takes me to the results page which shows that the updates failed I read another Windows updates fail right after downloading post on the xp forum that talked about running HijackThis and posting the results for you guys to look at So I've done all that and here are the results of the Analyzer Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SymTray exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run SymTray - Norton SystemWorks C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Symtray exe SetReg O - HKLM RunOnce SymTray - Norton SystemWorks C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Symtrdr exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINNT System NavLogon dll O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Client Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe O - Service Norton Unerase Protection NProtectService - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE O - Service Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Program Files Network ICE BlackICE blackd exe c jetsuite jsdaemon exe C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client PermitNT exe C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client Permit exe C jetsuite DLLCMD EXE C Program Files Common Files efax HotTray exe C jetsuite JETSTAT EXE C Program Files Common Files efax Dllcmd exe c jetsuite JSFMAN EXE C Documents and Settings gary My Documents Warez HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Kapitan Unitiza O - HKLM Run PERMITStart C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client Permit exe O - Global Startup DllCmd lnk C jetsuite DLLCMD EXE O - Global Startup eFax com Tray Menu lnk C Program Files Common Files efax HotTray exe O - Global Startup HP LaserJet Status lnk C jetsuite JETSTAT EXE O - Global Startup Live Menu lnk C Program Files Common Files efax Dllcmd exe O - DPF EDAD C- - E -A AB-EB E D - http toolbar google com data GoogleActivate cab O - DPF F A AE -A D- D - - C F EF D Hotmail Attachments Control - http lw fd law hotmail msn com activex HMAtchmt ocx O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip FE BCA D-B - - -A E F BDF NameServer O - Service BlackICE - Network ICE Corporation - C Program Files Network ICE BlackICE blackd exe O - Service jsdaemon - JetFax Inc - c jetsuite jsdaemon exe O - Service TimeStep PERMIT Client PermitNTService - Alcatel Canada Inc - C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client PermitNT exe End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:Windows updates fail right after downloading

This does sound like a virus. please repost your question and log in the security center, hijack log section. They will help you with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-updates-fail-right-after-downloading-59898.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I've come across an elderly retired couple who have a Dell WinXP system that has almost 40 outstanding Windows Security Updates to download. The problem is they are on AOL dial service and the download alone is estimated at over 3 hours.

Is there a way to download their updates from another system on a high speed link and burn a CD for them or ????

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I have been getting my laptop cleaned over at the malware sub-forum and they pronounced my machine clean, and recommended that I start a thread here to get my Windows Updates problems addressed. I have been unable to update Windows for several weeks, am unable to either download or install updates, even Microsoft Security Essentials updates.

Here is the thread from the malware sub-forum for reference:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates-stuck-since-7-15-computer-runs-slowly.1152763/

Any assistance rendered will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Updates Not Downloading Or Installing

I just found this on another forum and it helped that person.
Always remember, anything to do w/ Updates not going or other problem issues w/ them is a FREE call to MS Tech Support. Is considered a security matter w/ the OS and therefore, they will fix it at no cost.
The # is 1-866-727-2338Click to expand...

The MS techs took over his computer, found the problem and updates are coming through.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-not-downloading-or-installing.1154551/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've been facing this issue lately on this new OS.
Previously on W7 & W8 the updates categorized into 2 column (Important & Optional) where we can select the updates individually and download/install. This way I can get some optional drivers for memory card, printers & etc.

I couldn't find this option in W10. I choose to ignore it but my antivirus keep notifying me that optional downloads are available. I did click the "Run System Updates" but it navigates to System > Update & Security > Message and shows "System is up to date".

Sometimes it only updates the critical updates. The rest (Recommended & Optional) ignored/not notified on windows updates.
Anyone facing this issue? Able to solve? Please help.

A:Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing

Having this same concern. I too am using ESET Smart Sec. I just wish the Windows update was the same back then in windows 7 where you can see recommended/optional updates for drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24819-windows-10-optional-updates-not-downloading-showing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, is there a way to disable downloading or opt-out of all Windows Defender Updates through Windows Update?

I don't understand why M$ updates Windows Defender multiple times per day and I'd rather update Windows Defender manually. Thanks.

A:Disable downloading of all Windows Defender Updates?

You can hide the ddefender updates on windows update and manually update it, refer to this post for knowing how to do that. : Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/9137-disable-downloading-all-windows-defender-updates.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am using Windows not A few days ago I shut down my computer (Defender Not definitions) Windows Downloading Updates I didn't notice that it never actually turned off like usual until the next day I had to hold the power button to turn it off It started back up that day without any apparent issues and Windows Updates and Defender Windows Updates (Defender definitions) Not Downloading definitions were being downloaded and installed normally I am not sure if that is relevant but I wanted to include all info I could think of The following day Windows Update brought up an error when trying to download the newest definitions I have Windows Updates (Defender definitions) Not Downloading WU set to check but notify me before automatically installing which is why I manually install Defender definitions via WU daily The WU error code is listed as but event viewer shows it as x WU appears to be able to search and find the latest definitions as the version numbers have changed over time and completes downloading them but gets the error when trying to install them Trying to Windows Updates (Defender definitions) Not Downloading manually install them via the Defender program does the same but just says it fails due to connection issues no other connection issues are present I can manually download the MB file direct from Microsoft and update them that way without issue Things I have tried to troubleshoot - System restore to a date about a week before this problem occurred No change in being able to download Defender definitions via WU or Defender itself WU did find the IE Flash update from the th and was able to install that with no problems though which leads me to believe it is something to do with being able to install Defender definitions - sfc scannow good Multiples times Before and after other tried things below - Dism Online Cleanup-Image ScanHealth good Multiples times Before and after other tried things below - Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth good Multiples times Before and after other tried things below - Manually deleting the two Datastore and Download files in SoftwareDsitribution Done multiples times Before and after other tried things - Used Windows built in Windows Update troubleshooter which lists two errors that it says it fixed with no changes Ran multiples times Before and after other tried things - Used Windows Update Troubleshooter tool WindowsUpdateDiagnostic downloaded from http go microsoft com linkid which lists errors that it says it fixed with no changes It listed an error code of x that was fixed Ran multiples times Before and after other tried things - Scanned for malware and viruses with updated Defender and Malwarebytes Ran multiples times Before and after other tried things I see this listed amongst the errors in Event Viewer Fault bucket type Event Name WindowsUpdateFailure Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P P P REMOVED STRING OF DIGITS IN CASE IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLIC INFO LET ME KNOW IF NEEDED P Install P P Unmanaged P Any ideas of what else to try I see a mention about being able to create a VBS file that will silently update Defender definitions with task scheduler This is above my experience and knowledge level If I am unable to fix this issue would someone walk me through how to accomplish this as a walk around to my Windows Update issue Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58077-windows-updates-defender-definitions-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello All About a week ago I got back from vacation and not shutdown. Windows updates downloading/installing on tried to install about five windows updates I thought they had downloaded successfully because when I tried to turn my computer off for the night it gave me the Install updates and shut down option I accepted it and went to bed but when I Windows updates not downloading/installing on shutdown. got up in the morning it was still on Please do not power off or unplug your machine installing updates of I let it keep installing while I went to work but when I got home in the evening it was still stuck I don t think it should take hours to install one update so I had to power the machine down Windows updates not downloading/installing on shutdown. and reboot I went to the windows update console and looked at the available updates and they appeared to Windows updates not downloading/installing on shutdown. still be uninstalled and undownloaded I then tried to install them but after an hour they were still at I then tried to look at my installed updates to see if maybe I needed to delete the recent ones and redownload them but it would keep getting stuck trying to open A grey progress bar would appear on the file path on the top but it would never actually open I ve had a similar problem with some other file folders like My Pictures As far as I know I don t have any viruses and I have nearly gigs of free space in my hard drive They only things I can think of that might be causing this problem is that I recently checked my registry with Registry Mechanic by PcTools which may have messed something up And I also signed up for Carbonite about four weeks ago and the back up feature is causing trouble while downloading Here are my system specs If you need more info please let me know Windows Vista Home Premium Intel core quad CPU q GHz gb ram ATI radeon HD xt

A:Windows updates not downloading/installing on shutdown.

hi and welcome to TSF try looking here for soloution http://support.microsoft.com/fixit#tab0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-not-downloading-installing-on-shutdown-398404.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

My windows update has not been downloading/installing anything for a few weeks now, and is always using about 25 percent of my CPU. I just did a SCF scan and here are the results. It did say something was corrupt.

Here is the Log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j7lt40rcbebvm4/CBS.zip?dl=0
EDIT: I no longer have a problem. I was doing a bunch of things and then finally noticed that shutdown button had that little symbol that said it would install updates. I guess the reason why my WU download was always at 0kb was because the files were all there.

No more problems, however the scan still said something was corrupt, i would really appreciate it if someone looked through and see what i'm missing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400337-windows-update-not-downloading-installing-updates-always-using-25-cpu.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Some minor odd behavior from Windows XP SP2 lately. Everytime I startup, I get a Downloading Windows updates icon in the Notification Area. It doesn't seem to actually download anything and dissappears fairly quickly.

Also, when I download a file, I've stopped getting a prompt asking if I want to Open the file or Close the Dialogue box. Any quick tweaks to fix these?

Relevancy 57.19%

Alright, so after updating my pc a few days ago and managing to install SP1 for windows 7, my computer now constantly "downloads" information which results up to 100's of mb's per hour wasted.. and thus having a limited cap amount, I need to find a way to stop it. Why I say this now, is because ever since I updated windows 7, so the "downloading" has started and it never used to do this before.

I have told windows to not start up apps like iTunes and Skype etc. But this hasnt had a effect. Is there anything else I can do to stop this?

Thanks in advance

A:Windows constantly downloading after installing updates..

BrianBoi
Go back in time and do a restore point when your computer was acting normally.
See if the constantly download is stoped.
when WU ask's for updates make the upates download & install one by one to see wich update is the cause of your stuborn download.
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/224358-windows-constantly-downloading-after-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This article is at How to Geek. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585315/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/
Relevancy 57.19%

Since yesterday, I have 5 pending windows update to download but everytime i click the download button, it gives me "there was a problem installing updates" error code: 8024200D. BTW, I have set my update to "choose whether to download updates"
I've tried again today but the error persists.

List of pending updates:
KB3073874

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/71467-having-problems-downloading-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 57.19%

does windows 10 download updates while gaming online ? i searched but could not find an answer. I already switched off the peer to peer updates and changed updates to notify. but it sometime feels like i'm getting more lag at times compared to win 8 on the same game servers?
Does anyone know for sure that win 10 pauses downloading updates when a game is running?
I've asked support but support seems to be avoiding the question.

I know the scheduled update time is 2:30 am from a helpful insider, But most people dont leave their pc on all night. If i turn on my pc and start netfix or online gaming and there is an update due, will it start downloading while i'm trying to play or stream so i know win 10 isnt suitable for all gamers and i can go back to win 7 or 8 until they fix it?

A:windows downloading updates while gaming/streaming?

I find this frustrating too , loosing control of my PC and making gaming a problem at times ! well , I suspect it ...

Please make it possible to disable updates when I am gaming , why can't I manually check every day like I would with W7 and W8.1 . It should just check for updates when the PC is started or at a time we set and if that time is missed it could be forced to check the next day . I could live with that but not while I am gaming , why can't Quiet Hours also turn off any updating so my system can run optimally when in heavy use ?

Please

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/21451-windows-downloading-updates-while-gaming-streaming.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Few day ago i notice windows update is downloading update:
b1.download.windowsupdate.com/d/updt/2015/07/10240.16384.150709-1700.th1_clientpro_ret_x86fre_en-us_83d0ecebe1ccdde08a144a34df656d2af48c6b84.esd

I search on web and it full version of wind 10. I didnt "reserve my upgrade" on Get windows 10 icon in windows tray.

After that update dindt install wind10, but every time i start windows it shows me new update. Update is shown just on shut down botton (snap 3) but not in tray (snap 2) or in windows update (snap 4 and 5). I also notice notification on shutdown botton is removed after 10-15min i started windows.

I have windows 7 ulitmate, SP1.

In attachments are snaps and windowsupdate.log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379299-windows-keeping-downloading-updates-wind-10-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys

There seems to be a problem with my windows update. It downloads the necessary updates with no problem but as soon as it start to install it, it gives me a failed message. No error codes nothing, just failed. Did anyone experience this and know what the solution could be?

(See the attached image for the error.)

PS: It's not only the case with SP3 it happened even before SP3 was released.

Thanks

A:Windows update fails after downloading updates.

Try Re-registering the Windows Update DLL with the commands below

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
Type or copy and paste the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 atl.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 msxml.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 msxml2.dll
regsvr32 qmgr.dll
regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-fails-after-downloading-updates.720767/
Relevancy 57.19%

I can only get about 2200 kps on my download, I should be getting twice that. (I thought it was MPS) correct me... Anyway. My internet provider, WOW (Wide Open West), says it's my Zone Alarm that's causing the problem and that is should be faster. I asked them why don't they have a patch for it, of course the internet cable companies don't have patches for firewalls. Does anyone know how I can get more speed on my downloads using the Free Zone Alarm, I also use the Free AVG Virus Protection. I have Windows XP Professional. Thanks, Silverado.

Relevancy 56.76%

i just installed win 10 now I am runing win updates but the updates are stuck at 0% please help me fix this thank you

A:windows update stuck downloading windows 10

You need to post a LOT more info in order to help you.
Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact ram, etc, etc, etc. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand and model# If you have a service tag# post that as well.
i just installed win 10Click to expand...

What version?
Was this a clean install of 10 OR an upgrade from win8, 7, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-stuck-downloading-windows-10.1171717/
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I ran the SFC /SCANNOW command, and says that there were corrupt files and couldn't repair them.

I also ran the System Update Readiness Tool before doing this step.

I've attached the CBS .rar file. Thanks for your help!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...5890C50C%21106

I can't add attachments so I put it on One Drive.

A:Trouble downloading the new Windows Updates, code 80073712

Here's the summary from your CheckSUR.log...

Code:
Seconds executed: 4134
Found 458 errors
CSI Manifest Missing Total count: 349
CSI Payload File Missing Total count: 26
CBS MUM Missing Total count: 82
CBS Catalog Missing Total count: 1
There is considerable corruption there - and I suspect that even if we were to fix it, there would still be more corruption elsewhere.

I think your best option is a repair install of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/361070-trouble-downloading-new-windows-updates-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When I download and install the Windows XP Updates, I receive this message:

"Error creating process <C:\DOCUMENT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\dahotfix.exe /q/n> Reason: The system cannot find the path specified."

I have no idea why it started doing this (for about a week now). The update still gets installed alright. I have read that hotfix is some type of utility for Windows NT. I performed a search of my hard drives and found one instance: c:\windows\dahotfix.log

Has anyone else ever seen this and if so, recommend the best way to solve it.

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hotfix-error-message-when-downloading-windows-updates.196217/
Relevancy 56.76%

It may be totally unrelated but after downloading windows  upgrade (sorry I meant updates to windows 7 home edition) control panel, computer, utorrent, any browser helper apps, and windows games no longer open.   Instead I get a message that says:  windows cannot access the specified device.  I ran malware bytes and it came back with no issues.  I thought about eliminating the upgrades but I can't access control panel.  Thanks for any help.

A:cannot open control panel after downloading windows updates

Hello -Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt* Please post the contents of that document.NOTE: If you get any warning from antivirus or internet programs, please ignore them. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:* Report IE Proxy Settings* Report FF Proxy Settings* List content of Hosts* List IP configuration* List Winsock Entries* List last 10 Event Viewer log* List Installed Programs* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)* List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. (result.txt) Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515193/cannot-open-control-panel-after-downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have Windows 7 SP1. From 161108 my Windows Update cannot find any new updates, it just searches for days and days. There are many posts on this subject, but I have not been able to solve the problem.
1. Is there a simple way to download and install updates manually (not using Windows Update)?
2. Would it be a very bad idea to stop updating Windows 7 from now on?

Best regards
Sven Ingvar J?nsson

A:Downloading Windows Updates manually or stop updating

Hi:

Question #2:
Yes, it would be a VERY BAD idea to stop taking at least critical and important security updates from now on. MS now issues them all together in a monthly "roll-up", rather than individual updates. But there is a way to take only the "security" patches, instead of the combined security+performance patches.
Let's get your WU working first...

Question #1:
If WU is stuck on "checking for updates", you need to temporarily shut down that process/service in order to manually install the 2 most important patches that should fix it (3020369 and 3172605).

Let's try this:
IF NOT ALREADY DONE: Download and save, but do not run yet, the standalone installers for KB3020369 and KB3172605 for your architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
Disconnect from the internet.
Disable the Windows Update service in both the applet itself ("never check for updates") AND from services.msc (change it to "manual" and STOP the service, then click "OK").
REBOOT
Run 3020369 and reboot.
Run 3172605 and reboot.
Go into services.msc and change WU back to "Automatic-delayed start" and start the service.
Reconnect to internet.
Change WU to "notify me, but let me choose".
Run a manual check for updates.
The concept is that you are going to install them from the standalone installers that you have downloaded locally to your computer, NOT via Windows Update.
So, if Windows Update is partially or fully enabled when you try this, you will probably get stuck "checking for updates".
WU must be disabled/turned off first.

If that process does not work and/or you get error messages with a specific error code then, then you might have a different problem.

Let us know if this works,
MM

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402607-downloading-windows-updates-manually-stop-updating.html