Windows Support Forum

Network Connection Error:Dropped Home WiFi Network only on H...

Q: Network Connection Error:Dropped Home WiFi Network only on H...

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end. It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection. I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes. This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device. The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use. Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network Connection Error:Dropped Home WiFi Network only on H...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.75%

IM TRYING TO CONNECT MY PC (JOEJOEJOE) TO MY HOME PC (EOJEOJEOJ) BY WI-FI. PLEASE HELP. (check my profile for my pcs specs.) my home pc is connected by sky broadband with a netgear wireless router. i have installed the adapter and software for the wireless gear. i have searched for available networks bt cnt access my home network. also the asus software keeps on being disabled by itself. i can enable it but it keeps disabling by itself. also i cannot select any of the menus on the softwares start up screen. what do i do next plz help!!!

A:Cannot Network My Pc To Home Pc For Wifi Connection!!!

Rule of thumb..

1. disable the wireless in windows
2. enable the wired in windows
3. if you get conneced on the wired in windows great if not?
4. if you great you're connected then enable the wireless got to 6.
5. if not so great you need to trouble shoot your router to see why it can't see the your PC, make sure DHCP is enabled
6. wait the wireless to connect again if it doesn't connect make sure got to step 5.

Also do this...
click on start
click on run
type: cmd
type: ipconfig /all make sure you don't see the 169.xxx address if you see that then better off rebooting the PC and reseting the router..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-network-my-pc-to-home-pc-for-wifi-connection.85509/
Relevancy 88.58%

Previously I was struggling with a quot Local Access Only quot problem I deleted so minutes dropped Network 20 or connection every my network connection entry and completely recreated it Instead Network connection dropped every 20 minutes or so of selecting quot Home quot I selected quot Work quot In addition I went to the router configuration screen and registered a reserved IP address for my PC by MAC address I figured that it would help eliminate any possible loss of address lease All of that appeared to solve my LAO problem However I'm now having another problem About every minutes or so my PC loses its network connection and then promptly reconnects I certainly noticed it happening while I was browsing the Internet A website will suddenly be unresponsive and then I'll see my network connection icon acquire a red quot X quot Within seconds Vista reconnects It'll be fine again for about minutes based on the Dhcp-Client entries in the System log What could be causing this Is there something I could check that might give me a clue Thanks

A:Network connection dropped every 20 minutes or so

Interesting... some of the attempts to get a new IP address from the DHCP server fails:

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0016EADDA40A. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user.. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
By the way, my power saving settings have the network card on maximum performance when plugged in (so no issue with the card being powered off).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284940-network-connection-dropped-every-20-minutes-so.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have two Windows 7 computers and one XP machine on a wireless network. Two machines can see the others but one running Windows 7 can't see the other two. While trying to find out why, I noticed that whenever trying to view the network status on the problem machine, it knocks out the internet for everything. The computer that is causing trouble is wired directly to the router. Help?

A:Solved: Internet connection is dropped when viewing network status.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-is-dropped-when-viewing-network-status.939546/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Operating system is Windows Enterprise Edition SP and Office Professional is installed nbsp User clicks one the file opens fine Change one character or a bunch then click SAVE nbsp We get quot There has been a network or file the error. has been file may network a lost be permission connection or network there permission error The network connection may be lost quot If I attempt to save it as a new filename the new filename is written in the shared folder but has a size there has been a network or file permission error. the network connection may be lost of K and the Save As window pops up again nbsp Any attempt to save as ANOTHER name produces the same results K size file written Save As window pops up I found a document from MS that says to save to your desktop or map a new drive but this was working just fine a short time ago This issue happens for only one machine If the same user logins to the different machine and it works Who ever login to the laptop get the same error nbsp Below did not help as nbsp it was for Office and Windows XP https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb What has to be done for this Regards Boopathi

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4eb5d0af-32bb-4640-9691-b90a6406d24c/there-has-been-a-network-or-file-permission-error-the-network-connection-may-be-lost?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I have a VPN link to my file server and when I try to save to it in Word it comes up with There has been a network or file permissions error. The network connection may be lost. File name.

I have two computers which do this. One is running Windows 7 and the other is Vista Business.

I have researched this a bit but have not had any luck at all.

Have tried disabling offline files, adding formatdatabase registry key, disabling indexing, windows hotfixes, disabling antivirus, deleting the client side cache folder but no luck.

The AV is Kaspersky on each machine but doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-has-been-a-network-or-file-permissions-error-the-network-connection-may-be-los.913963/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi everyone quick story to detail my exact problem though this thread showed the same problem with no working solution for me I installed Win on a separate partition use Win Ultimate x normally and was using it It worked fine I connected my iPhone to charge it when the phone automatically activated a tethering app This instantly switched my wired network connection to the USB connection which I immediately disabled As soon as I did that my wired connection my hard wire internet not the tethered iPhone connection stopped working and showed the network only as quot Unidentified network Thus the error Now I followed all of the instructions in the previously linked thread I even reformatted my hard drive to for Unidentified network home error Network no avail Microsoft support wants me to pay not gonna happen Furthermore I know it isn't a router or actual network issue because my desktop is the only machine with that problem My xbox was streaming TV over the same network when it all occurred and Unidentified Network error for home network it is doing so as I type this I switched the cables obviously rebooted multiple time the whole nine yards What makes it worse is every time I try to diagnose the problem Windows just tells me to reset my router I even tried that but obviously it didn't work After every reboot my IP changes back to a address Every time I manually set it no change It seems like no matter what I do it won't get fixed The only thing Microsoft support said I should do is search for updated drivers for my NIC This shouldn't be necessary since I reformatted once before and I didn't need to update my drivers to access the internet I'm about a day away from just scrapping the whole thing for parts Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Unidentified Network error for home network

It sounds like your machine is having a hard time picking up the router. The 169 address is what you get when the router isn't being picked up by the machine. It's like a generic IP that Msoft uses when nothing is available.

You also take your chances plugging anything Apple into a Windows PC, seems to be when the problem started. That is what the entire Bonjour fiasco is about.

Have you tried updating the firmware on your router because something doesn't seem right there.

Updating the drivers might also be good advice. You haven't listed any system specs so I can't do that for you.

If all else fails you could try typing your default gateway from your router into your IPv4 settings window. The link below shows you how.

http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2009...blem-resolved/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221844-unidentified-network-error-home-network.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey guys..

So I bought myself a MyBook Live NAS few weeks back and I'm a little concerned about security when hooking this up on wifi, home network.
I get that you need a password for connecting to a WPA2 secure network, and that my home network shows for everyone in my routers reach, but does the NAS show up for my neighbours? Does the NAS itself need password protection?
Sorry if this has been covered on another post, but beeing new to the whole NAS thing, I have no idea how to search up this particular problem.

Michael

A:[HELP] NAS on home network through wifi..

Well you could always disable the broadcast of your network name (SSID) that way your casual computer user with a laptop can't see your network listed if they are in range. That added to a really strong password to get on the wireless network and you should be golden. ~Random alphanumeric strings work best for passwords, wifi is no exception~

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156776-help-nas-home-network-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all.

I have a dir-615 D-link router. It is well installed with my main computer that is an old XP windows system.

I tried to create a network to give acces to my friend laptop when he comes home(he has a mac). I setuped a network with a name and a password.

So my friend could find the network name and i gave him the password, but it never works. Another friend of mine also came with an older iBook laptop and the same thing happens.

What should I do ? The laptop computer can see my network, but nobody can access??
Best regards to all. Idiodumb

Relevancy 77.83%

I have been running a Netgear DG834 ADSL router here for a while and recently got a Dell notebook (Windows Vista Home Premium Edition)with built-in WiFi . For a period I was connecting to the network using a cable and using the internet quite easily but decided to give myself WiFi connectivity to my home network so I could move around a bit..

I went out and got myself a Netgear WGT624 and daisy-chained it to the DG834 and set it up - the problem is that though it sees the network I cannot connect to the internet gateway on the DG834.

Any solutions to this anyone?
Jim

Relevancy 77.83%

I can't connect connect to my home wireless network. It says I am connected but none of my browsers will load anything.
I can connect to other wireless networks that i have access to.
I can connect if i plug into the router directly
All of the other computers in my house connect just fine.
Any thoughts

A:Can't connect to Wifi on home network but everyone else can

I think its a security issue.
1) Check the password you put in and make sure its written correctly with the right case (lowercase/uppercase).
2) Disable any 3G/4G connections if you have any.

If that doesn't work giive me more information about your network:
1) General network layout (two computers, one laptop/one desktop, w/dsl modem to a residential gateway, etc)
2) Also, tell me what security mechanism you have on your wireless access point (WEP, WPA, WPA2). If you're using CCMP/AES and you have an older computer then you may not be able to use them together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi-on-home-network-but-everyone-else-can.1019073/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an old desktop PC with Windows XP and plugged into it by USB cable is a Samsung Laser Printer. I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to 10 and everything seems fine, except that I can't print through the home WiFi network on the Samsung (I could do this before the upgrade - the printer doesn't support WiFi itself, but it worked fine via the XP machine). I can see the old PC on my laptop and I can even see the printer there, but when I try to print I just get an error which says:
Your file could not be printed due to an error on \MAIN\Samsung SCX-4725 Series PCL 6 on Ne00
MAIN is the network name of the old PC. I have no idea what Ne00 refers to. Can anyone point me at a likely cause?

A:Help printing through home wifi network.

Sorry for the delay - I have been away. No I can't do a test print. Although I can see the printer in my Explorer window it does not respond to any request to print.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/help-printing-through-home-wifi-network-4596590/
Relevancy 77.83%

I'd like to add a new 802.11n WiFi router to my home network, one that comes with parental controls build into the router.

Just wondering if someone has a recommendation on a good make/model to buy?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-wifi-router-for-home-network.1032032/
Relevancy 77.83%

My town in Oman has Wifi internet service provider They use advance Wireless G router that distrubute the signal to the whole town I am km away from them and I am going to buy the device on the link http cgi ebay ca ws eBayISAPI dll akeTrack true amp ssPageName VIP watchlink top ca to connect to thier services the device is connected to the computer through a USB port The company gave me username and password and I can use thier services with one computer at one time Now I want to make home network and connect the service to more than one computer but it appear to the company as I am connected to one computer My house is two floors cement house I know that I have options to connected the Wifi adapter to quot female USB to male eithernet adapter quot and the connect the last to the input of a router However I don t know what are a good router that can trasmit the signal on two floors cement house and if there are better options It is good idea to give links from ebay for item that is shipped to Oman Note the small town company bought ADSL from the higher level ISP and distrubute the internet at good rates in the town as Wifi People who are close to the company only need thier regular adapter in thier laptop but the farthur need stronger reciever nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

All other networks I try will connect me but not let me go onto
anything that uses the internet. It says im connected to the internet, so another diagnosis could be that it connects me to the wifi then internet but with an extremely low bandwith. It times out often.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3186ec73-eea9-44f9-afc6-00db1069ead0/wifi-only-connects-to-my-home-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 77.83%

We have XP computers and Vista Home Everything was fine with our old Linksys router I put in a new Linksys router WRT n other wifi network on see (Vista PC Can't Home) and now the Vista laptops can't see the others computers and can't ping them The XP machines still work Can't see other PC on wifi network (Vista Home) - they can see the Vista machines and their printers All can get to the Internet just fine Linksys will not help because we can get to the internet through the router and they tell me that is all they are responsible for This is what I have done I made sure all PCs are in the same workgroup the network is private and I Can't see other PC on wifi network (Vista Home) set up the same user names on each PC I did the latter as a troubleshooting step - but I've never had to do this before and this machine used to see the others without it Network Discovery etc all except password protected sharing is On Firewall Made sure that the IP range was allowed and when that didn't work disabled the firewall Tried McAfee then Windows - tried them both one at a time then none - i never had them both running at the same time Also set them up to allow ping requests and opened system services ports as recommended by Microsoft in the Vista File and Printer Sharing document Made sure that all of the sharing was set up properly on the other PCs and printers Changed the default WPA security on the Linksys router to WPA then to WEP then to no security Reset router AP Isolation is not checked on the router unchecked Filter Anonymous Internet Requests and associated setting I know that I've probably forgotten something it seems like I have done more than this I've been searching for solutions and I tried everything I could find that I hadn't already done Thanks in advance - The other Vista machine has the following problem In the NSC our home wireless network is almost always in this state - Identifying Public When you try to view the map it says the network has to be Private in order to view I've gone through and set it to Private a couple of times After I set it to Private again it holds for about seconds Then it spins back into its Identifying Public And while its doing this the Network Discovery goes back to being unchosen because it thinks it's a public network of course So this is the problem now - and I still can't find anything on the Internet I've seen a few other problems where people have this same thing after restarting No one has given them answers either But I haven't seen any where it holds for seconds then resets I did see a posting where it was suggested that they set up a static IP address But then he will have the same problem I have in that every time the router crashes or I restart my static IP settings are gone I haven't found a resolution for that yet either Please help Oh and this all started after getting the stupid new router What a pain this is and Linksys has not been helpful My move was from a WRT GS to WRT N I would not recommend this Okay when he started his laptop today there he was on the map and the private network finally stuck We added the printer and all is well However we still have the situation of the XP machine We can see it on the network map but can't access it I may start a new thread just about this problem since it has evolved as I've figured things out and no one has responded to help me See y'all later Kiss kiss Me again It's fixed It's not enough to enable the range in the firewall you have to use McAfee's EasyNetwork to share files and printers There's a time-consuming setup and approval process and you have to use the EasyNetwork for everything But at least we are all set now Thanks to all of you who at least read my post even if you didn't have an idea of something for me to try

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227272-cant-see-other-pc-wifi-network-vista-home.html
Relevancy 77.83%

hard to explain all of a sudden my year old Acer Aspire One Netbook using XP goes offline in my home Network using my default browser Firefox as well as Chrome and IE it shows that it is Online getting an Excellent Connection thru my Home Network I go Online using Firefox with it at home stays up for a few minutes can get onto the internet then loses the ability to stay connected it still states it s Connected though kind of baffling like something is timing out then blocking it I tried shutting down my AVG Anti-Virus also shut down Windows Firewall it still continues to lose the Connection while stating it s connected getting a good signal both WiFi in Network Home losing of these are configured correctly as far as I losing WiFi in Home Network can see I ve re-installed my Wireless driver thru the Acer Recovery Management included on the Netbook still no good my Dell Win Desktop is my Main PC running a DSL modem into a Cisco Linksys EA router also have a Dell Vista Laptop and my wife s Dell XP laptop ---no problems with either of these staying connected only the Netbook is giving me trouble any ideas help would be greatly appreciated thanx nbsp

A:losing WiFi in Home Network

Why SP2 (which is what you have in your Computer specs)? SP3 has been out for I forget how many years and nothing prior to SP3 has been supported by Microsoft for about two years. Also important (to me) is that SP3 fixed some networking issues and don't get really motivated to try to fix something that isn't really a problem.

Update to SP3, then install the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wifi-in-home-network.1067498/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a laptop I use for work and connect to a hotspot with it, when I came home to connect to my house network router I am able but it comes up limited so there in no interent contection,,,.. How to I change it so I get the interent on with my house wifi?

A:Connecting to home wifi network limited

Call your Help Desk. My wife's does that, until she goes in and disable the Proxy in Internet Properties in Control Panel. Just remember to turn back on.

The first time she brought it home, because they replaced her older unit. IT had made a Fat Finger mistake in the VPN connection.

So when she tried to get on our home WiFi, it did the same as yours. Plus her work a GPO, to restrict her from using any LAN or WiFi connection, but the company's.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66520-connecting-home-wifi-network-limited.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.
I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.
I would be grateful for any help.

A:LAN Home Network with router + Wifi internet

Quote: Originally Posted by tcables

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.

I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.

I would be grateful for any help.

Ok, your W7 machine is using the USB wifi, and your XP is using the home wifi (ie through your router). I cannot see why your W7 can't use both the USB wifi AND router wifi. Matter of fact it should work from connections point of view. I tried it on my eeepc, with a USB modem attached.

If you are just sharing files from your W7 and Xp, you don't need to be on the internet. That said if both machine can see each other, everything you wanted should be fine. Just create shared folder to be shared between the machines, and surf the net from either. However why do u want to use the USB wifi for internet when you can use your router's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54688-lan-home-network-router-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 77.4%

I'm using a Visa home Premium on my Sony Vaio which is connected to a Wifi connection. I setup a home network using a ethernet cable to another laptop, but unable to receive internet signal on the 2nd computer. On the Access showing: Ipv4 local and Ipv6 limited

please help!

A:Unable to hook up a WIFI to home Network

Am I to understand that you are recieving Wifi on your vaio and have physically connected your 2nd laptop via an ethernet cable? If so, ICS (internet connection sharing) needs to be enabled on your vaio.

Navigate to your network connections, select your wifi connection on your vaio, right click on properties and click on the sharing tab and select the

"Allow other users to connect through this internect connection" check box.

Should start working instantly, but a restart of both may be necessary.

Hope that helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/167767-unable-hook-up-wifi-home-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i just bought a hp pavillion 15-R005TX , but it refuses to detect my homes wifi signal .i have gone through the previous posts on this site and i hv changed the ssid name of my router, but still the laptop is not detecting the wifi.Then is used my android phone as a hot spot and it was detected by the laptop but no site not even google could be opened (it may be bcoz of weak signal). i hope to get some solution soon thanks in advance 

A:hp laptop not detecting home wifi network

Hello @rohitseth21 , Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you're having connection issues on your 15-R005TX notebook.If the notebook sees the hotspot but doesnt see the routers SSID you might be better off inquiring with your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer. Here are some steps you can try. Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Hopefully this helps!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-laptop-not-detecting-home-wifi-network/td-p/4357812
Relevancy 77.4%

I've Unidentified network home with Wifi internet only read countless threads here and elsewhere but have found nothing that really describes my problem First of all some background I live on a boat and the only available Internet connection is by Wifi There are no landline or cable connections available I have two Toshiba laptops one running Pro and one running Pro They are networked by direct ethernet cable connection The network works fine once you get past the unidentified public network to unidentified home network And I Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet can connect to the Internet by Wifi from either laptop or both at once DHCP is enabled on both adapters I have tried with no success and considerable frustration to make my Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet home network quot identifiable quot so I don't have to reset the network location on both machines anytime there is a break in the connection eg restart shutdown Everything I have tried that makes the home network identified though has kept me from connecting to the Internet by Wifi It appears to me that once the home network is identified specific DNS valid IPs that Windows wants to connect the network rather than the individual laptops to the Internet and so though I can connect to the Wifi network itself and it says I have Internet access I'm quot invisible quot evidently no gateway to the Wifi ISP I have worked manually through Properties of the adapters and have tried a wired only router Trendnet TW -S W CA also a Network switch which didn't solve the unidentified problem When using the router as soon as I unplug from it I have Internet connectivity by Wifi without having to reconnect The only thing I haven't tried is using ICS as I'm not sure how vulnerable I would be on the Wifi I hope I've presented the problem clearly but I'll try to put it more basically Is there a way to use a wired router with no Internet connection to create a home network and still be able to connect to the Internet by Wifi

A:Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet

This problem has so many causes and solutions that it's nearly impossible to narrow it down to any one thing.

You can try the fixes highlighted in the link but there are many other possible fixes in the comments sections.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325466-unidentified-home-network-wifi-only-internet.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello My laptop is few months old HP Pavilion g OS Windows networks home connects but network my other Wifi not to uses a ralink rt r bgn wifi adapter The wifi was working just fine suddenly it stopped It detects my home network but every time it tries to connect ends up quot unable to connect to this network quot It connects to my friends wifi but not mine And it connects with cable There is a red cross on the wifi network but it's green not GREY It is not a modem problem because the other PC connects just fine When I'm on wifi cmd ipconfig gives me disconnected media for all the network cards on the laptop Command netsh shows failure and access denied What I have tried to do for the past week I upgraded the adapter driver My windows is fully updated I re-installed the network card I tried a USB wifi I uninstalled Wifi connects to other networks but not my home network the private server I uninstalled my Norton because I thought it was blocking the connection I also deactivated the windows fire wall I changed the SSID and PSW nothing worked and of course I tried restarting resetting rebooting deactivating and activating disabling and enabling every single thing but nothing works it's almost a week and I searched in many forums for a solution but it is not the same problem Can you help me please It is driving me crazy

A:Wifi connects to other networks but not my home network

Probably won't help, but what does Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center show for your connection? And, when there, go to Change adapter settings. Once there, right click on whatever adapter icons are shown, and run Diagnose. For the heck of it, you could try Ethernet both through the router and directly to your modem. Does you computer have a manual external switch for turning wifi on and off?

And, try using WPA2 if not already doing so. Is Norton completely uninstalled to the point where Windows Defender is working?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21187-wifi-connects-other-networks-but-not-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all I have a home network set up sharing the broadband connection successfully throughout the house via a Linksys broadband router We have four laptops and two desk based machines and each can connect to the internet without issue On one of the desk based PCs I have a Laserjet HL D connected and shared The PC it is connected to runs XP Home SP edition I can connect and print to this printer from all machines except my wife s new Sony Vaio laptop When I try to add a network printer and browse the windows network it simply doesn t find it at all Whereas I am on my dell 1 printer PC on cannot home out connect to wifi network 4 of my laptop and can search and locate the printer without issue The Sony Vaio can connect to the net without issue is only a few months old and is running running XP Home SP my Dell is running XP Pro SP Is there anything I might be missing here that an expert could advise on please Thanks 1 PC out of 4 cannot connect to printer on my wifi home network all nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi there I recently got my laptop fixed after it being out of commission for about a year it turns out there was just too much dust collecting in it and when I got home and tried to connect to my wifi network I didn t have internet not wifi Computer network home identify does access I received a message that said I had sucessfully connected to my network but it was only a local connection - no internet It also shows up as quot Unidentified Network quot This is peculiar to me because my boyfriend s laptop is able to connect to the internet wirelessly just fine and I Computer does not identify home wifi network am currently using the wifi on my iPhone I ran the ipconfig and several ping tests in cmd and used a wifi inspector Windows IP Configuration Host Name owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- D- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd c a e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January AM Lease Expires Thursday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-F - -BF- - B- -EC- B- A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -EC- B- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A E B - F - B-B E - BE A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A F C F- ECB- F - DCB- A D br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Meow gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Meow gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again C Users Meow gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Meow gt nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

have a HPPhotosmart C4580 all in one printer. i just switched internet providers and i am trying to connect my printer wireless to my internet connection. i am using hp print and scan doctor but when it runs my printer doesn,t show up in the results. this is a older printer and i have the disc that came with it but it isn,t for windows 10. i just need an explanation on how to get this printer to work on my new internet connection                                                                                             Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/new-wifi-network-printer-connection/td-p/5763487
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a laptop running vista home premium For some reason the laptop display unidentified network I have macafee antivirus on my laptop But my friends can connect without any ) (wifi network connection Unidentified problems Steps tried BE broadband as me to set the TCP IP address and I have tried that as well but it didnt work I have tried the steps on this website http support microsoft com kb to change in registry I really dont understand why Unidentified network connection (wifi ) this issue is taking place I have added a log file of all the programs on my system please do let me know what can solve the issue Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam Live Cam Manager CTLCMgr exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTSched exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Microtend HijackThis exe O - Service RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solutions - C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe O - Service stllssvr - MicroVision Development Inc - C Program Files Common Files SureThing Shared stllssvr exe O - Service XAudioService - Conexant Systems Inc - C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all. I have a laptop in my dorm room about less than block away and I have a very weak signal (1 bar or less) and I want to know if I could be able to hook on the net with the this network. I've gotten about 45,000 packets sent to me when I had 1 bar but none were received. This is probably because the signal is so weak. Is there anyway I can increase the network strength? Maybe I can buy something like a router or antenna or something to make it reach the network. I have no idea, I'm new to this stuff. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Connection to WIFI Network

Is the WIFI provided by your school, or are you just picking up a signal from somebody's elses router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connection-to-wifi-network.382444/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,
So The Problem is that i changed my SSID on my router because i have created a hotspot by mistake with a same
SSID of my router Wich is named DJAWEB and it was annoying so i changed my router`s SSID To Djaweb it worked fine but i still see the other SSID (DJAWEB) of my computer hot spot and i couldnt remove it or forget it by using the only way wich is(image attached):

so any ideas how to turn off hotspot(network sharing) and remove that annoying SSID from my wifi connection (image attaced):

A:Network Wifi Connection Problem

To manually turn the Hosted Network off, enter the following into an elevated command prompt:

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

You can also disable the Msoft virtual WiFi adaptor in Device Manager by going to the View tab then enabling "show hidden devices" you can then right click the virtual adaptor to disable as shown in the pictures.

How to Delete or Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41450-network-wifi-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am unable to access my own computer's shared folder from other computers in my office network. It's a wifi network and i am able to see my computer in my network places and can open it from my system, but when i open it from other computers it does not open, doesn't even ask for a password. Earlier I used windows 7 and vista wherein i could easily solve this problem but cannot find similar settings in xp. Kindly help.

A:Local network on wifi connection

Intead of mapping open windwows explorer

Type this in the address bar
\\yourComputerName\c$

Hit enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-network-on-wifi-connection-665413.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi everyone First and foremost I would like to congratulate you on this helpful forum My problem is the following I'm trying to connect my laptop to the Internet using my desktop computer Acer Internet connection My Acer is connected to the internet through a USB quot stick quot normal with no WiFi capabilities I also connected a WiFi Linksys router in order to create a wireless network with the laptop The router has an entry to a phoneline and while having an ADSL connection not so long ago it served me just fine with the same purpose Right now I don't have ADSL unfortunately so the routher cannot connect directly to the Internet So what I am trying to do is have my Acer Internet service quot transmitted quot to the laptop through the WiFi router Can it be done I tried everything I could think of but to no avail I can see the desktop computer in my network when working with the laptop but the Internet is not accessible I understand I have separate USB on a Wifi connection network based connections the USB Internet and the Wifi network based on a USB connection Wifi router I just don't seem to be able to integrate both Both computers have Win Enterprise Bit installed on them Thanks for your help Guy

A:Wifi network based on a USB connection

May I ask, what is this USB "Stick" that allows you to connect to the internet? Is it a USB wireless NIC or a mobile modem with a SIM card inside it?

As for the router I doubt it would work since home routers are designed for ADSL connections only and unless you have a managed router at which you can enter commands into you most likely won't get it to work as a wireless repeater as such.

Does the desktop have a wireless card inside it? There can be software out there in which it can turn your desktop into a wireless router and share its internet connection.

If not then it could be possible to share the connection over an ethernet connection however it is limited to one device at any one time. To do so you will need a crossover cable

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298866-wifi-network-based-usb-connection.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello there!
I am using HCL ME 74 series laptop with win 7 OS 32 bit. recently my OS crashed and I reinstalled the OS. surprisingly there are no netwrok controllers in my device manager. the network adpters give by HCL have been used. But the system is detecting the wifi networks all around but not connecting.
The HCL ME series gives some funny buttons to press: set wifi enable -> Fn+F11, and bluetooth -> fn+F12 . both are enables.
As a typical Indian customer care center the support people are very uninterersted to help (with a lot of laughter and gossip in the background).
request for urgent HELP..... some one....ANYONE PLEASE!!!

A:Wifi network detection and connection

Did you install all of the drivers for your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190939-wifi-network-detection-connection.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Greetings,

I am running the Intel PROSet software which comes with my network card:
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

The issue is that my WiFi connection is dropped periodically, even though there's nothing wrong with it.

My iPhone has no WiFi issues nor does my Samsung Galaxy tablet nor does my Nokia Lumia 520.

Any advice, anyone?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16266 MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M, -2048 MB
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953733 MB, Free - 385774 MB;
Motherboard: Alienware, M17xR4
Antivirus: None

Relevancy 76.54%

I'm running Windows XP and using AOL with a WiFi connection. My internet connection drops after about 10 - 12 minutes. Is there anything I should be looking at to remedy this situation.
Jim

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi There's a program I use Pocket Informant iPhone Outlook Sync which requires that any on ping Unable to network WiFi my outside iPhone my home my PC and iPhone be Unable to ping my iPhone on any WiFi outside my home network on the same network in order to sync The problem is that it works only when using my home network When I'm at home from my PC I am able to successfully ping my iPhone which is connected to my WiFi network Unable to ping my iPhone on any WiFi outside my home network This works whether myh PC is also ethernet-connected or WiFi-connected When I travel however even though I successfully connect to the WiFi network on my iPhone and PC I am unable to ping my iPhone I have tried disabling the Windows Firewall and I get the same result I can't believe that all these different WiFi networks I connect to airport hotel work that they all have a configuration issue so I'm thinking that the reason for the discrepancy must be because of some setting configuration on my PC home network Is there anyhing else besides disabling the Windows Firewall that I can try Thanks

A:Unable to ping my iPhone on any WiFi outside my home network

You wouldn't want your devices pingable from a public network... thus the reason they're configured this way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185325-unable-ping-my-iphone-any-wifi-outside-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all I inherited MaxAttach NAS servers from a business who has long since upgraded I have the installation disks and everything I need What I want to do is install these into my home network so it can wirelessly serve files to my home into network Installing 3000 MaxAttach NAS wifi three laptops Installing MaxAttach NAS 3000 into home wifi network I have plugged it into one of the client ports on my Airlink N wireless router My laptops and I assume the servers are in the workgroup I have at work I do not have access to the workgroup from home I can probably set up VPN if necessary It s possible the old fileservers are on an older domain actually but I Installing MaxAttach NAS 3000 into home wifi network can t even figure Installing MaxAttach NAS 3000 into home wifi network out how to tell I don t have a crossover cable I m using MaxNeighborhood as the instructions say to locate the NAS However it cannot locate the NAS It says quot No server s detected or network problems quot One troubleshooting strategy they suggest is checking TCP IP is enabled It is Other than that there s not much help I checked the workgroup under Network Vista lists the laptops and the router On XP I go to Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network and it has my business workgroup which it says is not accessible Is my desired configuration even possible Internet gt Router gt wireless gt Laptops NAS I heard I might need a separate access point Why can t MaxNeighborhood find my NAS and what can I do Do I need to be able to hook in to my business workgroup Thanks so much for any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

lost wifi access thru local home connection can connect thru public network my grandma during last visit accidentally changed the network to her laptop Have tried to reset netgear wnr v with pin in back turned off and waited and turned back on again--no success have tried to set up new network--see the network listed but no internet access available have modem router from comcast My laptop is Acer Aspire with Lan Broadcom and wireless lan atheros Hope that helps gettting discouraged have looked on your other threads posts for suggestions-have tried many so far no help have used your website in past and has always helped esp since I m not very computer savvy How can I get my wifi connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Vicatron gt PING PING is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file network connect Solved: local/home cant wifi to C Users Vicatron gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping Solved: wifi cant connect to local/home network statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Vicatron gt nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Here s my problem I got a new Sony TV which is internet capable provided you have a wired or wireless network Instead of buying the usb dongle first I thought I d see if wifi home... good Add for network reason Solved: in a 2nd I could use some of my old networking gear to see if I can get it working The problem is my OLD hardware only does WEP encryption whereas the current wireless router is using WPA and I can t change it because my laptop doesn t support WEP So I have an old Belkin wireless router and a linksys WET wireless ethernet adapter My goal was to create a new network inside the house by plugging an ethernet cable into the Belkin then creating a new SSID and enabling WEP then connect the WET to it and plug that into the ethernet port on the TV I just thought of this and am going to try it when I get home but if anyone has any thoughts on this I d appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

I just moved my 4 year old Dell desktop into a different room and upgraded to Windows 7. I purchased a wireless network adaptor to connect to my home network. I set up the network profile on my Dell and typed in the password, but unfortunately every time my computer goes into sleep or is rebooted I have to reconnect to the network manually. In the network Properties I've clicked on "Connect Automatically" and typed in the password. But, and this is really strange, every time I reboot or come out of sleep the password has to be reentered and the "connect automatically" is no longer clicked. Am I crazy? Has anyone else encountered this? I suppose I'm missing something really basic, but am not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Native WiFi Default Profile for home network

I am sure that you are well beyond this error now. Regardless, I am replying because I need help for the same issue. Even if I end up solving it myself, I will post my answer in this thread.

I plan to take the steps outlined in this post next. If that doesn't work, then I will have to read Microsoft developer documentation on the Native WIFI profile and hope that a deep understanding leads me to the solution.

I'm not a Windows developer nor am I a .NET developer, but I do know programming, so I'm hoping it will make sense regardless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/147283-native-wifi-default-profile-home-network.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I frequently encounter drop of connection with my wifi. Recently, my connection dropped midway and then not connecting back. I have tried disabling and re enabling the wireless network adapter. I have tried unistall/install the driver. Upgraded the driver, Nothing was of help. Laptop is detecting the wifi, but when I am trying to connect, I am getting message "cannot connect to this network". I am able to connect to wifi from my mobile hotspot. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-stopped-connecting-to-home-wifi-network/td-p/5651149
Relevancy 76.54%

Computer -Samusung laptop -series -Windows Home Premium bit -Servicepack -Intel Centrino Wireless wifi network superslow on home comuter, my Solved: only only N- Router -Netgear N WNR v -WPA -PSK AES -Hidden SSID -Fully updated Normally use internet explorer but I ve tried Firefox and Chrome also For some weird reason the Wi-Fi on my computer is super slow My roommate has no problems at all Same issue when only one of us are connected What s really weird is that it s only on my home network the speed is a problem At school and at other family members houses everything is working Solved: superslow wifi only my comuter, only on home network perfectly I now use wired internet connection and when I take a speedtest it is around MB so the speed is pretty good I can mention that sometimes if my computer has been closed and the cable is taken out when I turn the computer back on the Wi-Fi is suddenly working perfectly Only for a while though and then it s not working anymore Has happened more rarely recently I ve been having this problem for around weeks now When I first discovered the problem I tried to uninstall the latest updates among windows updates and it actually worked But I want my computer to be up to date so it s not a go to use those settings I have tried to reset the router to factory settings but that did not help We share internet with our landlord so to privatize what we do it s set up Solved: superslow wifi only my comuter, only on home network like this Landlords modem - gt switch in our apartment - gt wireless router But that should not be problem It s Solved: superslow wifi only my comuter, only on home network working on everyone else s computers My mobile phone as no issues either I ve tried to update the driver on the wireless card but it s up to date So there is no help there Tried to ping in cmd but only got ping request can not find host www vg no Control the name the name and try again If anything is not fully understandable I ll try my best to answer Have some screencaps as well Sorry it s in Norwegian nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all New to Win and have for the past couple of days been searching all over the WWW for answers and solutions to HomeGroup incompatability? wifi and Home Network printer the following I have been on countless discussion boards and HomeGroup and wifi Home Network printer incompatability? tried everything that has been suggested but I am no closer to finding solutions I am the only person in my household with a win computer so I would like to remove my laptop from the automatically generated HomeGroup I sure did not set it up But no matter the suggested fix I end up with the same message Windows could not remove this computer from the Home Group If there has been a suggested fix out there i seem to have tried it No luck My Brother wifi printer has worked just fine with my old laptop my tablet and my smartphone and which shows up in Devices and printers as the default available online printer as well as in my network I have installed and reinstalled the drivers and software times now and gone through all possible configurations and troubleshooting in addition to googling solutions still seems unable to communicate with my laptop Which leads me to the following two questions Are HomeGroup and Home Network wifi printing in conflict with each other And does anyone have any proven recent solutions for how to fix both above described issues Solid leads would be greatly appreciated so that I am able to get some sleep

A:HomeGroup and wifi Home Network printer incompatability?

HomeGroup isn't automatically generated, I have ran my PC without one for 5 years and only recently changed to HomeGroup.

Have you seen this tutorial yet? Homegroup - Leave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379122-homegroup-wifi-home-network-printer-incompatability.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home within the last 3-4 months and I have been experiencing several issues. The one of concern is connecting to certain wifi networks. I am able to connect to my hotspot on my phone and certain wireless routers but I am unable to connect my home 5g router, well the 2g connection.I have tried using the following links to solve the problem:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connect...and https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-problem-No-internet-DNS-Not-working...  (namely the "ipconfig /flushdns" cmd, which did get the connection to come with 'connected, secured', however I was still unable to use the browser.) I have removed any vpn that I have been using and have updated by network driver via the device manager > network adapter > Intel(R) Wireless - N7260 > update driver software route have made no progress. Can anyone offer any assistance?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connection-slow-performance/td-p/3385767
Relevancy 76.11%

I have the same problem here is my ipconfig file Windows IP Configuration Host Name angie Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- - -B -CB- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - -B -CB- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a cfc f e eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday January PM Lease Expires Saturday January PM Default Gateway DHCP 8 Connection Wifi Problem Network Windows Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D- - A- A- - A-BE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - A- A- - A-BE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CCFB - - DBC-B E - B D E B Windows 8 Wifi Network Connection Problem Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks in advance Mark C nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I have two desktop computers The old How over to up network? WiFi ethernet set preference connection one running Windows XP and the new one running Windows My goal is to set up a shared folder between them so that I can copy large files from XP How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? machine to Win and back Both desktops had ethernet ports so I connected them via a quot How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? patch cord quot ethernet cable I then followed this tutorial to set up the sharing How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? part https www youtube com watch v BET mYyqZ It works but when I was transfering a GB folder from XP to it took almost hrs to do that So it made me think that ethernet is not that slow is it The thing is that both computers are connected to the same WiFi router for the Internet connection so it seems like the transfer of this large folder was carried out over slower WiFi connection instead of the ethernet cable So my question is how do I make it quot prefer quot or use the ethernet connection for this shared folder

A:How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network?

Quote: Originally Posted by dc2000

Both desktops had ethernet ports, so I connected them via a "patch cord" ethernet cable.

Did you connect a single cable between the two computer?
e.g. one end of the cable connects to one computer
the other end of that same cable connects to the other computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382620-how-set-up-ethernet-connection-preference-over-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hello!

A couple days ago I might have visited a website to watch sports and there were a lot of ads, one of the ads downloaded something to my laptop. I have deleted this program or whatever that was installed, but now there is an issue. My laptop's wifi connection has been unstable, it would cut in and out. It would also be slower then usual showing messages at the bottom such as "resolving host" or waiting etc. I know it's not the router because i have other laptops and electronics that are doing fine. I have also connected the infected laptop to a different network and it is doing the same thing! 

Can someone help me with this please? Thank you

A:Virus affecting network connection or wifi?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533366/virus-affecting-network-connection-or-wifi/
Relevancy 76.11%

When I was at someone's house I was trying to get online but her network didn't appear on my list moreover she had a different network that showed up that she said I should use. It asked for a username and password so she had me go into network and sharing center and create a profile for it that let me go online. Now i am at another store and I cannot easily get online. When I connect to WiFi my pages don't load. Is there something I have to remove in that setting I changed to use the wep internet? Posted from my phone cuz I can't view the internet on my pc.

A:no connecting to wifi after making network connection wep

You need to change the WIFI security from Wep to WPA2 or WPA2 PSK.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72305-no-connecting-wifi-after-making-network-connection-wep.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi folks,

I only have a dialup connection at my place, to which i connect through my windows 7 laptop. Now I have several devices at home which i need to connect to internet (like: iPhone, Wii, another laptop and desktop).
I have the usual 100mb/S wireless ethernet adapter in my laptop. So what I had in mind is if it is possible to create a wifi connection from my ethernet, and bridge (or sometihng like that) my ethernet to my dialup, so I can see my dialup connection as a wifi network in my iphone e.g.

The problem is that I have no idea how to do that, or if that is possible in Windows XP. I would really appreciate any help around this.

cheers

A:Building a wifi network using a dialup connection

Hi, to achieve wifi connectivity you would need some sort of ADSL wireless modem/router, since you have dial-up. What is your type, or router type?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51217-building-wifi-network-using-dialup-connection.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I ve been having a strange internet connection for a while Mainly via wifi but also via cable sometimes I have another post of losing the Ethernet adapter once in a while but that seems to fix itself when I manage to reconnect to internet network lose key itself - Wifi connection changes internet through wifi That problem boiled down Wifi network key changes itself - lose internet connection to this quot Incorrect Network Key quot which was what always blocked internet access via wifi When I cannot get connection via wifi I Wifi network key changes itself - lose internet connection run the Diagnose Connection problem in IE I m on XP A couple of times it has told me there s an issue with the Winsock and that it will proceed to reset it But most of the time it tells me the Network Key is incorrect although the wireless connection indicates that I am connected properly and have an excellent signal It prompts me to reenter teh Nw Key in Network Connections When I do the existing NW Key is always different from what it should be It also happens if I just open the Nw Connections panel and check the Wireless Nw properties for my wifi nw What I have entered as a correct key is not what appears It is like it doesn t quot save quot the Nw Key Where I live there are two computers connected My XP and an iMac G along with its own wifi nw for Apple TV etc There are also other wifi nws in the building but all protected Also these are not on my preferred nws list Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-key-changes-itself-lose-internet-connection.571776/
Relevancy 76.11%

We have been having issues with our wifi connection/internet for about a month. We have gone through replacing both our cable modem and our router. It seemed to start when our cable modem first died, but has still shown a problem even after replacment. I'll be using Safari, mostly playing Pandora and using an online scheduling system, and out of nowhere safari will stop loading, but the wifi connection isn't broken. I've noticed this problem with both Safari and Firefox. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-freezes-but-network-still-shows-a-connection.1169735/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a laptop, all of a sudden it stopped detecting my home WiFi network.

The laptop worked fine with this network before and it was configured to connect automatically.
The laptop detects the whole other bunch of networks around here (neighbours and such) but not my home. Other PCs and smartphones detect and connect to my network just fine.

I tried restarting the laptop, reinstalling and updating the drivers for the WiFi card and nothing worked.

It's an Asus laptop with Windows 8.1

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi All

I have recently renewed my Linksys WRT54G router and need to security protect my home wifi network. When I access the router admin panel and go to Wireless > Wireless Security > Security Mods, I see the following options:

Disable (currently selected)
WPA Personal
WPA Enterprise
WPA2 personal
WPA2 Enterprise
RADIUS
WEP

I assume the mode I need is WEP, but when I select that I am faced with another screen of options, and it is this screen I need information on please (see screenshot).

Which Transmit Key should I select, which WEP encryption should I select, and what passphrase should I use...? Also, when I then do this, what will happen to the laptops on my network when they try to access the internet? Will they be prompted to enter the 4 keys that are generated? Will this be just once, or each time they access the net?

Thanks all.

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a desktop PC running Win XP SP and a notebook on Win Vista for IP Wifi home Changing Keeps network Vista/XP PC Address Notebook Home which I have networked through a Trendnet wireless router The desktop has Zonealarm firewall installed I went into Zonealarm and entered Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC the IP address for my notebook into the trusted zone and for a while evertyhing works fine Every once in a while though Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC connectivity is lost and it always traces back to the wireless IP address for my notebook being different by one digit For example the Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC IP in the firewall had been set to and so was my notebook and has been working fine Or at least it was This morning the notebook IP had changed to which of course didn t match what the firewall was looking for so no connectivity As soon as I changed the firewall setting voila connectivity Why does the IP address for my notebook keep randomly changing for no apparent reason The range of IPs I ve seen assigned to my notebook is always through Tawni nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I have home WiFi network out garage waayyy Extending studio to my an existing WiFi network in my home consisting of a Cisco router and a modem that are connected to my PC running Windows in my kitchen Works great inside my home Extending home WiFi network waayyy out to my garage studio However the WiFi signal will not reach all the way out to my free-standing garage studio My iphone has to rely on G out there and I really need to have WiFi I recently purchased an inexpensive plug-in-the-wall WiFi extender which Extending home WiFi network waayyy out to my garage studio did not do the trick I have now purchased a new Cisco router in the hopes that I can use it in my studio as an extension of my existing network so I can have WiFi in the studio as well as in my home I do have internet connectivity to my studio via an ethernet cable which runs from my home router PC setup out of the house underground and into the garage studio where I had a wall receptacle installed when we built the studio A second ethernet cable is plugged into the wall receptacle and plugs directly into my Macbook Pro laptop providing me with wired internet Great However I want my home wireless WiFi network to work in my studio when using my iphone and laptop and for the convenience of guests visiting my studio Because I am totally not good at networking and totally gun shy about screwing up the internet home network set-up I already have I need help Can you tell me how to set up this second router out in my garage studio so that I can have my existing WiFi network out there as well I would love the simplest solution possible assuming it s possible at all Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

A:Extending home WiFi network waayyy out to my garage studio

Hi, and welcome to TSG.

Here is an article on the site library with information on how to connect and configure both routers.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extending-home-wifi-network-waayyy-out-to-my-garage-studio.1110499/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, my laptop has suddenly stopped connecting to my home wifi network. I have a cell phone and iPad that can connect with no issues. Wifi signal is on and drivers are updated. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thx
Shanay

A:Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Not Detecting Home Wifi Network

Hi Shanay,Wireless card driver may be corrupted I would suggest you to reinstall the wireless card driver. Please punch in the system service tag or express service code from the link below. Then Click on System configuration tab and then Click on Components and find the wireless card of the system and then download the wireless card driver found under Network section. http://dell.to/18r60nIAlso, please reply us with device manager picture with Network adapter section expanded.Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996273
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello everyone I don't usually go the quot beg for help on an unknown forum quot route but I'm clearly out between computers WiFi 2 specific file home sharing on LAN network of my depth on this issue and hours of furious Googling and tweaking have not helped me one bit What I'm trying to do is trying to setup file sharing between computers connected by an LAN file sharing between 2 specific computers on home WiFi network ethernet cable So far so good except those computers are ALSO part of a Wifi network to connect to the internet through a wireless router There are other computers on this network other roommates that must NOT have access to anything shared on either on those computers I've tried fiddling with homegroups but the only homegroups we can create are on the WiFi network If I set the LAN connection to anything else but public by setting PC as a default gateway I can't get access to the internet anymore How on earth can I set that up properly if that's even possible EDIT my brain is so close to imploding that I forgot basic curtesy- Of course thank you in advance for your help

A:LAN file sharing between 2 specific computers on home WiFi network

Quote: Originally Posted by aljady

Hello everyone!

I don't usually go the "beg for help on an unknown forum" route but I'm clearly out of my depth on this issue and hours of furious Googling and tweaking have not helped me one bit.

What I'm trying to do is trying to setup file sharing between 2 computers connected by an ethernet cable.
So far so good, except those 2 computers are ALSO part of a Wifi network to connect to the internet through a wireless router. There are other computers on this network (other roommates) that must NOT have access to anything shared on either on those 2 computers.

I've tried fiddling with homegroups but the only homegroups we can create are on the WiFi network. If I set the LAN connection to anything else but public by setting PC2 as a default gateway, I can't get access to the internet anymore.

How on earth can I set that up properly, if that's even possible?

EDIT: my brain is so close to imploding that I forgot basic curtesy-

Of course, thank you in advance for your help.

Sounds to me like you are using ICS to create a secondary wired connection for the second machine.

You need to use the LAN ports on the router or a switch rather than sharing a connection using ICS "internet connection sharing". Homegroups won't work with ICS.

Once you are connected to the router with a regular LAN connection with both machines, you should have no problems setting up a Homegroup between those two machines.

Once the Homegroup is set up it will lock the other machines out of your shared C:>Users folders on both of the Homegroup machines. You will be able to share exclusively between those two machines while the other wireless machines will have no access unless you give it to them by adding Everyone to the shared with list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279372-lan-file-sharing-between-2-specific-computers-home-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello there

First time user but I'm seen some very good answers and I'm hoping that someone can help me.

I just bought a new Windows 8 Pro laptop and I'm having problems with the wifi connection. I'll run the troubleshooter, and the troubleshooter will fix the problem but then the problem happens again repeatedly. The connection says that I'm connected to the wifi network, but there's no internet connection. I have another MacBook in the house and it's still running fine with the wifi connection, so I'm sure there's no problem with the wifi network.

Help please?

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello everyone I first and foremost want to thank everyone here trying to help out those of us that are technologically inept My problem is an unstable internet connection while trying to stream or download content from the internet Our network Wireless router linksys e is connected to the Modem Our main wifi on cascaded network Unstable internet connection desktop is wired directly to Wireless router Wireless router Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network belkin is wired directly to wireless router My laptop which is having the connection problem is receiving internet connection from cascaded Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network wireless router Symptoms I can connect to the internet just fine but when i try to stream content from youtube for example video will load for the first minute very quickly and then will stop buffering and will not continue to buffer how ever long you leave the page up Similarly when I try to download something I will receive a fast download speed initially - kb s but after a minute of downloading the speed will drop to kb s and then stop downloading entirely Quirk When I turn off the desktop that is connected directly to wireless router I have no problems with my internet connection This problem is only apparent when the main desktop is turned on Thanks again everyone for your help I really do appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-internet-connection-on-cascaded-wifi-network.1010807/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

I am connected to one Router. However, when connected wirelessly, I see there is a network name 'MikroTik- Mohammad'. However, when I am connected with a wired cable, I see the network name as 'MikroTik-BCEDB'. As a result, when I am connected wirelessly and via wired cable to the same router, I see two network names, although I am connected to one router. This is strange.

How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Network name?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64481-how-merge-ethernet-wifi-connection-network-names-one-name.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey there Okay so where i go to school there is about network troubles, on computers connection School wifi no some Solved: students and its in one large square block building and there is atleast - routers in the building When connecting Solved: School wifi network troubles, no connection on some computers to the internet in some parts of the building the internet is fine like in most classrooms but when in the very big hall there seems to be little or no connection and my computer jumps on off all the time making it hard to study I have an Acer Aspire Timeline-X and i never have network problems apart from this my main concern was that it was that the routers output is bad but other computers mainly MacBooks - about - at my school have no problems at all gaining internet connection whether in the classrooms or in the hall Anyone have an explanation for this and are there any ways or tweeks to gain or ensure a better connection or isolating a connection any help would be much appreciated - S E S nbsp

A:Solved: School wifi network troubles, no connection on some computers

heyya s.e.s, welcome to TSG.

Seeing how this is a school, chances are high we are not going to be able to do too many tweaks at all. Have you contacted the school's IT department yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-school-wifi-network-troubles-no-connection-on-some-computers.1086683/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am trying to connect to the WiFi network provided by my hotel relocating for work will be using this connection for weeks I have a Belkin G Wireless USB adapter attached to my XP machine and it recognizes acquires USB no content/connection but connects WiFi to Network, internet adapter address and reports an quot excellent quot connection to the WiFi Network No further data is received from the network despite this connection The Belkin adapter interface warning message states quot There is no connection to the internet USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection quot despite being connected to the network I know the network is operational I can download content onto my iPhone I use IPCONFIG and attempt to ping my default gateway but get quot request timed out quot In addition the device manager has no problem with USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection the wireless adapter quot working properly quot with no warning flags So basically I ve narrowed it down to some setting on my computer since the network is working via iPhone and the adapter is working connected excellent strength no problem in device manager Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-adapter-connects-to-wifi-network-but-no-internet-content-connection.713967/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi All Problem is the Vista Machine connecting to the shared HPG xi AIO on the network I am working on installing a Vista Home Premium Gateway PC on an existing network that consists of a Solved: Printer Vista Home Network Network Home Issues, XP machine two XP home PC s and an XP home laptop With the exception of the laptop all PC s are Solved: Vista Home Network Printer Issues, XP Home Network connected via ethernet cabling to a Linksys WRT G sharing cable internet access One of the XP home machines and the are connected to a Dlink switch which is wired to the Linksys router This XP home machine has the HP connected locally and shared All PC s have printer and file sharing enabled All PC s are in the same workgroup all PC s can see and share files bidirectionally Including the Vista machine All PC s with the exception of the Vista machine can connect and print to the HP When you try to connect the Vista to the HP and it doesn t matter how using Network and connect using Printers to add a printer using add a Printer to set up a new network printer and entering the path whatever the error message is quot Access is Denied quot before you can even install the drivers I used my IBM laptop running XP Pro to serve the HP via the USB connection same as how the XP Home PC is doing it the Vista can connect and print no problem so it would seem there is an issue with the access rights in the XP Home PC sharing the HP I also tested the Vista PC on another network that runs XP Pro and it connected and printed with NO issues I tried using the machine at the same location but connected to the same switch to serve the HP I get the same result as with the XP Home serving it with the exception of the error message It says cannot complete connection error some hex number Is there a way to configure the access right s to XP Home for the Vista to connect to the HP Or am I barking up the wrong tree Help please nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

My home network is working fine with new computer, I can see all other computers and I can print from new computer...but I cannot connect to internet, no matter what I do. ????

A:Home Network internet connection

How do you connect to the internet? Via a router, modem, cable or what?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-internet-connection.87962/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi Guys

I have a laptop running Vista connected to a wireless router. I have a PC running XP connected to the same router via ethernet cable. I have mapped a network drive on each computer for the other computer so I can access shared files and printers.

I would like to know if it's possible to password protect this network to limit access to the shared folders from other users of the network? A one time only password would be ideal.

I would appreciate some advise on the possibility of password protecting the Vista laptop and or the XP Pc (Home version) when accessing the shared drive.

Many Thanks

Tony

A:Home Network Connection Password

On the Vista you can simply turn on Password Protected Sharing in the Network and Sharing Center.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-connection-password.727445/
Relevancy 73.96%

The upgrade from 8.1 went smoothly, the only problem so far is that
I lost my Home Network connection and don't see how to re-connect.

My Home Network consists of 3 computers, an ancient XP, a newer WIN7,
an HP Printer and this one running WIN10.

Where do I find the screen(s) that will let me connect this computer to
mt Home Network ?

Thanks,

rs

A:Lost Home Network Connection

Problem solved, but not by me !! Darn, these things are smart !!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/13182-lost-home-network-connection.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all I am trying to set up a home network I have a lenovo r laptop connected wirelessly running vista business and a desktop running xp sp connected to the router by wire internet works fine on both and I can ping back and forth by IP address but not by computer name The vista machine is configured to be in a private network all folders i want to share are set to share firewall is off and ntfs permissions are on shared drive set to read exec for everyone The xp machine i ran through the wizard for setting up a home network connection Trouble network home I turned off the firewall as well just to see if Trouble connection home network that was the issue All drives Trouble connection home network are set to share The one thing i noticed was when i went to set the C drive to share on the vista machine the share button is greyed out but i set to share in advanced options Any help greatly appreciated giving myself a headache here nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

I just hooked up a cable modem and netgear wireless modem which also has wired capabilities. when I connect my lap top wired I get a 100Mbps connection when I connect wireless the best connection I can get is 11Mbps. both acctually seem slower than I'd expect. I'd like the wireless connection to be faster, our 10 year old desk top connects at 54-43 Mbps and my other desk top in the basement connects in the 40's Mbps both the lap top and the 10 year old desk top are withing 5 feet of the router. are there settings I can adjust withing my lap top?

A:home network connection issues

11Mbps implies 802.11b. You could invest in a new wireless adapter--802.11g or pre-n.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-connection-issues.680534/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello ok I m experiencing Connection home a network on stability a strange lags short disconnections on my computer when some other poeple use internet on another computer in our home network To give an example - I m playing a game online Connection stability on a home network - someone else turns another computer on obviously it causes Connection stability on a home network some harder internet load on the startup - gt i get disconnected from the game and i Connection stability on a home network know it means that i lost connection for a little while to the server OR i had a huge connection lag - then the other person loads a webpage on the internet - gt again i get disconnected or if im lucky my ping goes up for a moment The connection is a dsl should be of good quality i guess connected to a modem then from the modem it goes to different computers It s a classical home network i think I understand a connection problem when someone is uploading data on another computer or something My point is that i get problems evidentaly caused by actions which doesn t cause the problem if i do them myself on my computer like clicking on a link But if someone else clicks the same link i get disconnected Ok i d appreciate any help If i didn t make myself clear enough please ask Thanks nbsp

A:Connection stability on a home network

Your DSL should be able to handle three computers on the net at the same time. The only time you should see any interference from another computer is when it is downloading a bittorrent file or similar situation and then your ping would just jump dramatically. It sounds like a router problem to me. What router are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-stability-on-a-home-network.110306/
Relevancy 73.96%

If guys, recently i faced this ultra weird problem. When i am in sch, i can use my sch wireless.However, when i reached home whenever i try to connect to my wireless network but its say unidentified network. My sis have no issue with the internet.

The problem is solved whenever i restart my modem. Anyone here can kindly tell me how to solve this problem? I am running on windows 7 professional with my sch domain connected to my com.

A:Cannot connection to my home wireless network.

Did you tried using Troubleshooting wizard?
Often, the problems will get solved by using the troubleshooting wizard itself. So, give it a try.
Check whether the modem is secured by MAC filtering feature or by such kind of security facilities.
Comment here if the problem still persist.
Take Care

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195079-cannot-connection-my-home-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello Everyone I'm using Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Ultimate SP -bit at home and at work I'm mean the same Toshiba laptop I'm using it at home and at work At my work I can access the network but when I take the laptop back to my home the network connection is not working Because at work my laptop is configured with my work network connection with Gateway and server DNS IPs And when I go home I have to remove the IP address from the Network Connection Obtain IP adress Automatically at connection and work at Network home from the Wireless Network Connection Properties after this steps I can connect to my home network And when I'm at work I have to give my laptop to the IT person so he will put the IPs again so that I can connect to my Network connection at home and at work work connection This is very difficult for me I have to add the IP address in the work and I have to remove them when I'm at home if I want to access the network connection Is there a solution so that my laptop can connect to my home and work without changing the IP

A:Network connection at home and at work

Yes I'm pretty sure the way to do it is to have the IT configure the work IP and DNS
as an additional static address in the advanced option of the network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301608-network-connection-home-work.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have three computers on my network two PCs and one Mac One of the PCs is Connection Problems Network Home running Vista Home Premium and the other is running XP Pro My MacBook Pro running OS X is unable to connect to the Vista computer when McAfee's firewall is turned on It is however able to connect when McAfee's firewall is Home Network Connection Problems disabled It is weird though because the Mac is able to connect to the XP machine when its MacAfee firewall is turned on with the same settings as the one on the Vista machine The XP machine is able to connect to the Vista machine when it's firewall is on even though the Mac can't The vista machine is able to connect to my Mac MacAfee automatically gave trusted access to all of the computers within my routers subnet and I enabled access to the Windows File Sharing NetBios ports in MacAfee for all trusted computers I have enabled File Sharing on my Mac and also enabled SMB file sharing My router is a Linksys WRT G The MacBook Pro is connected via wireless and both PCs are wired into the router The Router is assigning IP addresses via DHCP to the computers on the network

A:Home Network Connection Problems

I just fixed my own problem. I kept misreading the trusted IP addresses in McAfee because it had allowed the wrong addresses when I had assumed it had allowed the correct ones.
My router's subnet is 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.149 and McAfee was trusting 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.255 from trusting a network so I assumed it had figured out the router's subnet and misread the addresses

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/home-network-connection-problems-310944.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have been at this for 3 days I spent a whole day on the phone with RR and Linksys - We have 3 desktops and one laptop and all BUT ONE are working fine - I am at the point I took everything off the PC in question and I just want to start it fresh. Dell once gave me instructions to "as it start to boot up hold down the control key and tap the F11 key - this is not working - Restoring the system is not working! Can someone please help me? I just put new memory and RAM and a wireless card in this machine and upgraded to a wireless keyboard & mouse. I am beyond frustrated! Thank you for any input.

A:OS XP Home Have NETWORK & INTERNET CONNECTION BUT

System model?

Do you have recovery/restore disks from Dell?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272210/os-xp-home-have-network-internet-connection-but/
Relevancy 73.96%

I m visiting my daughter who has a home network with multiple computers all using wireless connection While here I connect to it and enjoy the high speed connection I m on dial-up at my home Here is my question When I enable the wireless connection on my Dell Inspiron laptop the connection works just fine but the status stays at quot Acquiring network Connection Issue Network Home address quot see screen shot Just fooling around I found if I enable the LAN connection the wireless connection immediately switches to quot Connected quot see screen shot I can then disable the LAN connection and the wireless connection stays connected The Gateway Router status is quot Connected quot in either case If anyone has any advice or insight regarding how to get the wireless to complete the acquisition process without activating the LAN connection I d like to know it BTW Wireless connection is via Dell WLAN card Router is a Belkin Signal strength is bars high Raybro nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Greetings This is my first forum post so please bear with me as I learn the ropes around here What I need help with is setting up a secure connection to a home network which is used for an in-house business Here s some info I hope will aid you in helping me Current Status PC w XP Home This is the business computer that needs to be connected to PC w XP Home This is just a quot play machine quot nothing of importance here Laptop unstaged Once staged I think with XP Home this will be used to connect to business computer from another site employee s home Cable network connection Secure home to internet modem and connection in business home The modem is connected to the play machine Desired Result The business computer and play computer will be connected to the cable modem via a router The modem and router are in the Secure connection to home network vicinity of the play computer and the business computer is in another room on the same floor No option here to switch the two around A secure connection between the laptop and the business computer over internet i e employee s home to business home is required The employee will need to access files on the business computer esp related to business work If possible the employee would like to run the accounting application on the business computer from her home or at the very least access the data file on the business computer so as to always keep it current whether accessing from laptop or while on the business computer where the data files reside Current Considerations I know that various hardware and software considerations exist In researching this out I was advised to acquire a VPN router i e Linksys BEFSX wired or Linksys WRV G wireless and upgrade the business computer to XP Pro in order to set it up as a Remote Server However continued research seems to indicate that I don t necessarily need a VPN router but that a normal router will do the trick as well So being a noobie and all I am deferring to the wisdom of the experts In shortform - HELP The wireless VPN router is naturally more expensive and in the case of the Linksys WRV G something of an overkill won t ever need VPN connections The wired version is not desirable because of physical issues i e running cable to location of business computer but the price and level of functionality are adequate However a standard wireless router minus the VPN endpoint is priced well enough and answers for the cabling problem but then introduces a security problem that might be solveable via software such as OpenVPN or whatever My preference is the standard wireless router for pricing and lack of cables and some kind of software support OpenVPN with XP Pro s firewall or whatever but I am completely new to this and probably don t foresee potential issues with the choices I am considering This post is long and for that I apologize but I wanted to be sure and give adequate information upfront Thanks for taking the time to read my situation and for consideration in helping me nbsp

A:Secure connection to home network

Your post is great and the fact that you're informed is even better. The problem with the VPN routers is that you need to have an endpoint on both ends. That means that the tunnel is created between two routers not between the router and your computer. I think your idea of getting a regular router and using OpenVPN is a good one. If for some reason you don't want to use OpenVPN then you can upgrade one of your computers to Windows XP Pro which will allow you to run a VPN server but only one person can connect to the VPN at a time. There are some other options but rather than confuse the issue I'll just reiterate that your best option is to get a regular router and use OpenVPN. However, remote desktop is not available on Windows XP Home so you'd either have to upgrade one of your computers to XP Pro or install something like VNC on the computer that has the application/s that the remote user want's to use. So the process would be
1. Remote user connects to VPN
2. Remote user connects to computer's desktop using VNC or Remote Desktop
3. Remote user is happy

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secure-connection-to-home-network.525162/
Relevancy 73.96%

My computer identifies the connection, but the settings are incorrect to allow me to use the internet. I originally had my computer at home (2000 os) and brought it to work temporarily. The IT guy had to change my IP address or something so that my computer could get the internet on the network at work.
Now, I've moved far away, and I have no idea how to change the ip address or setting so that my computer can receive broadband at home. Please if someone could help I would appreciate greatly. Thanks!

A:Home vs Offiice (network) connection

Most likely when the office guy modified your connection properties he set it up to use a specific set of parameters for their TCP/IP configuration.

Now that you are not on their network, you should have it set to "Automatically get an IP Address"'

Go thru the Control Panel/Network Connections. Right click on the connection you are using, and select "Properties". Under the General Tab select TCP/IP, and click Properties. You will probably see a bunch of addresses there. Select "Obtain an IP addr automatically", and the old numbers will go away.

Click OK to get out of the Windows. You should be able to access your personal provider now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-vs-offiice-network-connection.304458/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I'm new to Windows and just installed in on my PC this morning When I first installed it I kept getting an quot unidentified Public Network quot as my only network I am connected through a hardline that goes to a router that is connected to DSL If I restart the computer SOMETIMES the Unidentified Public Network goes away and a Home Network shows up and the internet connects but this only lasts from a couple minutes up to a couple Home Problem. Network Connection hours then it shuts off again The only things I have been able to do to get it to come back on is go into my Local Area Connection Properties go down to the IPv properties and switch it to quot Use the following IP quot then I put in my numbers I got from the command prompt ipconfig all After I do this I click ok and go to Diagnose under the local area connection and it pops up that I do not have DHCP enabled and then it fixes itself and it works for another couple mins hours The other thing thats odd is when its working the connecting network is just called quot Network quot and on the windows laptop I have it connects as Frontier which is my service provider Im just looking for an answer to fix this Any suggestion are greatly appreciated Network adapter is an onboard Generic Marvell Yukon E based ethernet controller

A:Home Network Connection Problem.

For these types of problems you can usually solve them all by simply updating the firmware on your router.

If you can type ipconfig /all into your command prompt and post the results here we can see if DHCP from the router is working correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/117235-home-network-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Recently I bought a new computer for my wife from Best Buy We network lost Home connection had the Geek Squad do the installation to set up Home network lost connection a local network so we could share a printer got a new one bundled with the new computer The tech set up everything so we could share our internet connection cable broadband and could share the printer and documents as chosen for the sharing folders However we didn t like the new printer took it back and bought a different model for my computer and attached our old printer to my wife s computer At first all was well--either of us could print to either printer via our network and we could see whatever files either of us had made available BUT--owing to some unrelated problems I at Home network lost connection one point did a System Restore on my computer After that although we were both still able to use the one cable modem and get on the internet through our router we could no longer quot see quot one another s computers or printers I asked if the guy from the Geek Squad could come and fix it but he said that since we had switched printers he couldn t call it a re-do but would have to charge the full for a new housecall I m sure it s just a matter of adjusting one or a few settings but I m not sure what they are Can anyone advise me on this I can provide more detailed info if requested Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I have an acer aspire 4530 using windows 7 and from a week ago Im having problems with the Atheros AR5B91 Wireles Network Adapter. It detects my network with an average signal, but when I try to connect, an error message is displayed saying that It was unable to connect. I tried almost everything: reinstalled the adapter, updated to the newest driver from: http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=28&system=5
I can connect to the network via ethernet cable; and also I have another laptop and it gets connected to the same network via wifi without problem. Im starting to think it could be a hardware issue, but it that were true I think the computer wouldnt detect the wireless adapter.
If someone could help me I would aprecciate it.
BTW: forgive my english.

A:Wifi connection problem with Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter

First make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-problem-with-atheros-ar5b91-wireless-network-adapter.1052864/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am using Win I have an xbox connected to the pc via powerline adapters am sharing my video library and internet connection using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections When I am connected to my apartment s free wifi SSID Tenant Wifi the xbox can share the internet connection and access the videos and music on my pc just fine I am now trying to connect to a different wifi signal xfinitywifi When I connect the pc can use the internet through the xfinitywifi just fine but my loses connection to both the wifi and the pc in general No music no videos no netflix When I switch back to Tenant Wifi everything works normally again I have tried rebooting everything pc and powerline adapters I have tried going into the network settings and disabling the lan port wifi adapter and network bridge then re-enabling them again None of this works Any ideas Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me nbsp

A:Solved: Network bridge stops working when I make a different wifi connection?

using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections. Click to expand...

I thought that it was impossible to use ICS and bridge the connections at the same time. You must have found some special case that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-bridge-stops-working-when-i-make-a-different-wifi-connection.1151765/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Dear all laptop Lenovo X s G L OS version windows Vista business Sp tcpip sys version wifi Intel AGN Standard Gigabyte intel ethernet MM At my homes using ADSL routers there are absolutely no problems with network connection by network BSOD related wifi/ Vista in ethernet Tcpip.sys either at connection wifi or ethernet However blue screen occurs when I bring this laptop to university and connect to the network via either ethernet or wifi This happened to me a few months back It crashed EVERY TIME when a network connection was attempted It did not matter whether I updated my drivers on both wifi or ethernet cards Whenever I bring it to either of my homes no blue screen ever occurs It also happens when I attempt to connect to free wifi network in the airport It crashes again with EXACTLY Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection the same problem I have to admit that I do not even where to start looking for the problems System restore did not solve this either I ran the WinBug analysis It pointed towards tcpip sys My sys ver is at the top of this message I have now attached minidump for your kinda reference Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection Would appreciate if someone can point this to the right direction I am seriously thinking of downgrading this to XP since it had NEVER happened to XP Thanks WinBuG analysis Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users vincentyip Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre vistasp gdr - Kernel base x b PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Jan GMT Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F d Unable to load image dne sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for dne sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dne sys Unable to load image Epfwndis sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for Epfwndis sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Epfwndis sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for epfw sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for epfw sys Probably caused by tcpip sys tcpip WfpAuditEventGeneral cb Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP M f This means a trap occurred in kernel mode and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have catch bound trap or that is always instant death double fault The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap double fault etc Consult an Intel x family manual to learn more about what these traps are Here is a portion of those codes If kv shows a taskGate use tss on the part before the colon then kv Else if kv shows a trapframe use trap on that value Else trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken on x this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap Endif kb will then show the corrected stack Arguments Arg EXCEPTION DOUBLE FAULT Arg d Arg Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x f CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID COMMON SYSTEM FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a c da to f c STACK TEXT cf a c da cf nt SeReportSecurityEventWithSubCategory xe cf c a cb f cf dc a d tcpip WfpAuditEventGeneral x cb cf a d cf cf tcpip KfdAuditEvent x cf dc a c cf e cf tcpip IndicateDropAudit x ac cf e a cddb c d cf e tcpip ShimIndicateDiscard x e cf c a b c cf e cf tcpip ShimIndicateDiscardGeneral x cf f a tcpip Wf... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/204686-tcpip-sys-related-bsod-vista-either-wifi-ethernet-network-connection.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have set up a home network, but my laptop will not recognize the network. I can print from my laptop through the wireless network but the laptop cannot see the desktop computer where I want to store my backup files. The laptop is running Vista and the Desktop XP Professional. I have run the XP network wizzard. My laptop says windows cannot access "\\OFFICE", which is the name of the desktop, and access is denied. Both computers are using the same workgroup name.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Monde11

Relevancy 73.1%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Network Home Problem Solved: Connection Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F FMC K CN BQ FVC Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled If i connect to my router using etrhernet cable i can see my network name and hex Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F FMC K CN BQ FVC Solved: Home Network Connection Problem Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled If i connect to my router using ethernet cable i can see my network name and Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F FMC K CN BQ FVC Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled If i connect to my router using etrhernet cable i can see my network name and connect to it automaticly If i remove cable i see Networks available but my network name is not there just hex Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F FMC K CN BQ FVC Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled If i connect to my router using etrhernet cable i can see my network name and hex FX and connect to it automaticly If i remove cable i see Networks available but my network name is not there just hex FX for it When I click on the hex FX and then click word connect it says connecting to hex FX then asks for security key I have no security key I run Win and my wife runs XP and she has no problem connecting wireless Security on my network is no authentificatioon open Any help greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-network-connection-problem.1021005/
Relevancy 73.1%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3032 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 223434 MB, Free - 177182 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0G848F, , .9FMC1K1.CN701669BQ0FVC.
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

If i connect to my router using ethernet cable i can see my network name and hex 08FX04082056 and connect to it automaticly.
If i remove cable i see Networks available but my network name is not there just hex 08FX04082056 for it.
When I click on the hex 08FX040802056 and then click word connect it says connecting to hex 08FX040802056 then asks for security key.
I have no security key.
I run Win 7 and my wife runs XP and she has no problem connecting wireless.
Security on my network is no authentificatioon (open).
Any help greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,
I have been receiving problems with my 7.1 Home Network Gateway. I decided to upgrade my internet and this was the only option i could aquire (Upgrading from ISDN) With this Network Gateway it lags so much as i can barely connect to websites. I cannot connect to MSN for 2 minutes without bein disconnected nor WoW where i get ping's minimum too 2000.
I got better performance as ISDN . Anyway im posting too know if anyone has any light on the matter and knows a way where i can get it working to its full potential (Modify settings etc.) I know next to nothing about computers so any extra information that you need please provide a explanation on how to aquire it.
Thank you.

A:Slow Connection with 7.1 Home Network Gateway

I have no idea what a 7.1 Home Network Gateway is, so it's hard to make recommendations.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-with-7-1-home-network-gateway.795178/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, first post here.

I have just added a desktop PC with TP-Link wireless adapter to my home wireless network.

Problem is that it says it cant configure the connection. So I click on the "Get Windows to configure this connection" and then it works....

But when I start up the computer again the next day, it does the same thing.

Any ideas on how to get the computer to automatically connect to the network?

Relevancy 73.1%

I m having an intermittent issue with my home network I have a Motorola modem router connected Home Connection Network Modem to Loses to AT amp T Uverse and several devices connected to a small switch which is then connected Home Network Loses Connection to Modem via Homeplug adapters back to the modem This was all working fine for months until just a few weeks ago when my devices would just randomly lose connection to the internet and the network At first I thought it was a problem with the modem so I called AT amp T and they sent me a new one Same problem I then replaced the switch with a brand new model and that didn t work either I ve had AT amp T here to replace wiring because I was also experiencing intermittent speed issues but that really didn t have anything to do with the ethernet connections through the homeplugs I ve switched the homeplug adapters around and those don t seem to be the trouble either The Network and Sharing Center on one of the PCs connected shows connected to my network but no internet access even though I can t actually browse to anything on my home network This is driving me crazy Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I'm working to setup am old DELL DIM with XP home to replace another machine of mine that recently lost its motherboard This Dell machine belonged to a family member of friend of mine who is not all that into machines The machine had a number of bad actors in it when I got it and I & XP network other missing connection, Home services DNS have methodically gone and eliminated the junk and the bad actors When I got it cleaned up I XP Home missing network connection, DNS & other services went ahead and loaded the programs that I use But then I started to discover missing some key items without them I can not setup things like the static IP address change the DNS etc Some I have been able to get back like the sound volume control But for others I have no clue as to how to go about it handling The original disks are not available And maybe I wasted my time trying to salvage the machine's XP Home OS and its Office system Below is a list of the services that I know are not present The machine is a P Ghz with gig of ram It's XP HOME SP with my Eset Nod AV and Outpost Firewall nw installed HJT CCleaner Spybot installed Its main drive is a WD ATA and I would be putting additional ATA drives in it as well as a faster network card Btw it will end up just being used as an email browser and word processing machine etc Nothing real fancy So what is the right approach to handle this situation Can I salvage the existing machine with its OS or do I need to just wipe it entirely and install a new version of XP Pro thanks for looking at this help request I have more details but this post seemed to be getting a bit long So I'm stopping here Sam Missing services details Background Intelligent Transfer Service -BITS DNS Client Media Center Reciever Service MHN Network Connections -netman Portable Media Serial service Removable Storage Secondary Logon System Event Notifier Telnet UPNP Widows Firewall Windows management Instrument Driver Extension Automatic Updates additional services that seem out of the norm Windows Presentation Foundation Web Card Space TCP IP NetBios Helper RIP listener

A:XP Home missing network connection, DNS & other services

FWIW:  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081025034131AAJEV8i .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512648/xp-home-missing-network-connection-dns-other-services/
Relevancy 73.1%

I bought recently a HP Pavilion computer with XP home When I try to connect from my other pc with XP Pro it crashes everytime The weirdest thing is that it worked for a while just after installing I tried reinstalling several times but no sollution I can make connection from my XP home to XP pro But the other way it crashes every time So I thought maybe upgrade also my HP to XP pro That resulted in a blue screen at start up with error in the HpcFilt sys file I tried installing an other network card but no sollution I tried connection home network from making PC XP crashes pro Xp after de-installing the network connections on both computers but no sollution I tried updating windows XP home Nothing Several emails to HP didn't help me out The told me to update the intel chipset But Xp home crashes after making network connection from XP pro PC that didn't help either Can anybody help me out I'm out of idea's o Or where could I find extended help for this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-crashes-after-making-network-connection-from-xp-pro-pc-19375.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I just bought my daughter a Lenovo running Windows 8 and when I try to connect to my Wi-Fi I am getting Limited connection only and can't figure it out. Please help!! :-)

A:Getting Limited Connection when connecting to Home Network

Greetings,
Please copy & paste the following into notepad.
Code:
netsh wlan show all >%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query dhcp >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query dnscache >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query wlansvc >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
ipconfig /all >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
netsh advfirewall show global >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
netsh winhttp show proxy >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
Save the file as "Network.bat"Right click the file and select Run as Administrator.This will create a file called "Network.txt" on the desktop.Copy & paste the contents into your next post.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37621-getting-limited-connection-when-connecting-home-network.html