Windows Support Forum

Lenovo N22 as a grade school student's laptop

Q: Lenovo N22 as a grade school student's laptop

I grade school N22 as Lenovo student's laptop a am looking at this as a laptop for a grade school student who wants to do homework surfing and play flash online games nbsp http www bestbuy com site lenovo-n - - -laptop-intel-celeron- gb-memory- gb-solid-state-drive-b nbsp Being very pleasantly surprised by how much I like the laptop in my sig I'm shopping just for Lenovo This one I linked to seems rather Lenovo N22 as a grade school student's laptop cheap in terms of price to me nbsp I realize a celeron is not the fastest chip around but it has an SSD nbsp Is this an incredibly good deal for what I'm getting Or is that just the going rate---not like I have to snap it up now nbsp Should I be leery of these smaller its actually a tad lighter than the Macbook air laptops or the N series in general nbsp EDIT OK just realized its not an SSD---its flash memory Never bought a laptop with that Is this a red flag ThinkPad Edge E AMD A - GHz quad core gigs RAM

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo N22 as a grade school student's laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lenovo N22 as a grade school student's laptop

One more thing---how easy would this be, to take out/replace the battery? And can I unscrew the bottom and upgrade the RAM easily? Or is it designed to be never torn down, except by a professional? I sent back a laptop that I bought from HP (right before I bought this Lenovo) b/c I was not able to replace the battery.

ThinkPad Edge E555, AMD A10-7300 1.9 GHz quad core, 8 gigs RAM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/Lenovo-N22-as-a-grade-school-student-s-laptop/td-p/3337919
Relevancy 108.81%

I am looking at this as a laptop for a grade school student who wants to do homework surfing and play flash online games nbsp http www bestbuy com site lenovo-n - - -laptop-intel-celeron- gb-memory- gb-solid-state-drive-b nbsp Being very pleasantly surprised by how much I like the laptop in my sig I'm shopping just for Lenovo This grade school as Lenovo laptop student's N22 a one I linked to seems rather cheap in terms of price to me nbsp I realize a celeron is not the fastest chip around but it has an SSD nbsp Is this an incredibly good deal for what I'm getting Or is that just the going rate---not like I have to snap it up now nbsp Should I be leery of these smaller its actually a tad lighter than the Macbook air laptops or the N series in general nbsp EDIT OK just realized its not an SSD---its flash memory Never bought a laptop with that Is this a red flag ThinkPad Edge E AMD A - GHz quad core gigs RAM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-N22-as-a-grade-school-student-s-laptop/td-p/3337919
Relevancy 97.65%

I am looking at this as a laptop for a grade school student who wants to do homework surfing and play flash online games nbsp http www bestbuy com site lenovo-n - - -laptop-intel-celeron- gb-memory- gb-solid-state-drive-b nbsp Being very pleasantly surprised by how much I like student's Lenovo a as N22 school l... (Winbook) grade the laptop in my sig I'm shopping just for Lenovo This one I linked to seems rather cheap in terms of price Lenovo N22 (Winbook) as a grade school student's l... to me Lenovo N22 (Winbook) as a grade school student's l... nbsp I realize a celeron is not the fastest chip around but it has an SSD nbsp Is this an incredibly good deal for what I'm getting Or is that just the going rate---not like I have to snap it up now nbsp Should I be leery of these smaller its actually a tad lighter than the Macbook air laptops or the N series in general nbsp EDIT OK just realized its not an SSD---its flash memory Never bought a laptop with that Is this a red flag ThinkPad Edge E AMD A - GHz quad core gigs RAM

A:Lenovo N22 (Winbook) as a grade school student's l...

One more thing---how easy would this be, to take out/replace the battery? And can I unscrew the bottom and upgrade the RAM easily? Or is it designed to be never torn down, except by a professional? I sent back a laptop that I bought from HP (right before I bought this Lenovo) b/c I was not able to replace the battery.

ThinkPad Edge E555, AMD A10-7300 1.9 GHz quad core, 8 gigs RAM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-N22-Winbook-as-a-grade-school-student-s-laptop/td-p/3337919
Relevancy 76.54%

I am searching for a new laptop to replace my 4 year old Sony Vaio with an i3. I need it to be at least an i5 processor, with a screen size of 15.6 inches. I also need it to have good battery life, preferably with a playback time of at least 6 hours. Currently I'm looking at getting a Lenovo U530. A link for this laptop is provided below:

Lenovo U530 Touch 15.6" Ultrabook Refurbished - Silver 59RF0568 - Micro Center

Does anyone have any thoughts on Lenovo?

A:Lenovo Student Laptop

Playback when it comes to battery life is a misnomer it depends on what you are doing on the laptop for example streaming video via the internet, the wifi signal strength (a weak single can drain the battery), how many programs are running at one time etc.... also which power setting you have set. Battery life of 6 hours to me means if you are not doing anything on the laptop and it is setting idle. I tend to stay away from refurbished laptops, gadgets because they were fixed meaning they had either something wrong with it via hardware.

The laptop I have (specs under my avatar) the battery only lasts up to maybe two hours or if I am watching Netflix using wired internet connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/lenovo-student-laptop-838410.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I have a 2010 Lenovo Thinkpad Edge Notebook (NSW DET SCHOOL LAPTOP) and it was unlocked by the tech guy at school when I graduated 18 months ago. Worked perfectly fine until a couple of months ago when it just crashed and wont load past the first page. Have tried several hard resets, etc but no luck. I have important documents on the notebook and I need to get it working again as I have to transfer all my school and work documents to my macbook. I received the notebook from my school about 3 years ago, if that and never had any issues until now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-School-Laptop-Will-not-boot/td-p/3316395
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I have a 2010 Lenovo Thinkpad Edge Notebook (NSW DET SCHOOL LAPTOP) and it was unlocked by the tech guy at school when I graduated 18 months ago. Worked perfectly fine until a couple of months ago when it just crashed and wont load past the first page. Have tried several hard resets, etc but no luck. I have important documents on the notebook and I need to get it working again as I have to transfer all my school and work documents to my macbook. I received the notebook from my school about 3 years ago, if that and never had any issues until now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-School-Laptop-Will-not-boot/td-p/3316395
Relevancy 70.95%

please help me restore all my school projects from the recylce bin i deleted a folder and it will not restore it to the desktop i can restore other random documents with the right click, restore but no folders i am desperate my senior paper is in there i really need help the version of vista i am using is home basic i a almost positive

any body that responds with help will become my new hero i will even give you all a shoutout in my paper
thanks
Jake

A:please help desperate high school student

Hi,

You can see the folders in the recycle bin , but it won't restore them?

Did you try clicking Restore All at the top of the recycle bin window?

Download and install this free program - if you have had the folder a day or two , there should be a shadow copy (made when a restore point is created).

You can explore those, find the folder ( probably under C: \Users\your user name ) right click the folder and export it.
ShadowExplorer.com - Downloads
ShadowExplorer.com - Manual

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/227577-please-help-desperate-high-school-student.html
Relevancy 70.09%

If anyone has suggestions I am working for a few months at a school with primarily computer based learning We cannot get the tech support dept to help on this Since some monetary problems a few years back I have been told its hard to get help or even an answer on anything That I have unfortunately confirmed There is more but why beat a dead horse Is there a way to block students in my gaming student time... on school Preventing classroom from downloading primarily games to the computer and accessing chat rooms Yes I know much of this is a little ridiculous but its not likely to change soon through normal channels This is an alternative school Theoretically we could remedy the problem through classroom monitoring and strict enforcement It would be a big battle with not only students but unfortunately many administrators as well It seems more intelligent in any case to eliminate the problem before the fact rather than continually fight fires afterwards Some obstacles make a simple thing difficult I cannot just reconfigure browsers or firewalls locally With software I am aware of The computers are pcs running windows XP The adult staff is locked out of most administrative functions including user levels most browser adjustments The current most obnoxious game being used to waste time is burger shop and a variety of chat rooms Shockwave com has many of the most Preventing student gaming on school time... obnoxious downloads I assume that if the students can download games then there must be some software we could download and install a setting we can make at an allowed user level to help Anything moderately hidden is not likely to be found by the students Preventing student gaming on school time... or most of the staff in the school Many are great and concerned teachers but do not understand the most basic user info Turn the key and drive Cost is an issue free would be best or inexpensive and usable on many machines At a machine I will be quickly stressed buying software for a couple of hundred machines I would prefer to stay married You may start the reply with one sentence of how absurd this situation is Then please continue on with any useful suggestions to address the situation as it is Overall this is a great program that helps many students who would not otherwise graduate to learn the material in a supportive environment Academically they EARN the degrees You may directly help a student with personal and family challenges to get their high school degree I am not a geek but an above average user I ftp html built computers till laptops got fairly priced etc I do not yet php or run any more than simple home networks I did get a A a few years back Thanks for any and all suggestions Eryanthus nbsp

A:Preventing student gaming on school time...

i know my school uses some sort of software and im sure there are MANY blockers out there and i would imagine there would be some form of freeware too, you should research the program/s and find out which one is best, maybe you should just talk to the tech people quickly see if they can suggest anything, but as all programs, these would have flaws and students (hehehe) find sites that aren't blocked and there is a particular site that will block your blocker, supervision is always necessary even if you do have some sort of software, there are a few ways around them especially if your students have a reasonable knowhow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preventing-student-gaming-on-school-time.688366/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I m new here and as some of you may know I am a high school student I have way too much free time High interested School and Bored Student that I spend playing video Bored and interested High School Student games I am also an experienced computer user and would like to Bored and interested High School Student learn more I have learned some programming languages and other miscellaneous computer things but I don t know what really to learn I can find sites offering free programming courses and the like but I don t know what direction I am going in At this moment in time I am eager to learn ANYTHING about computers that I can get my hands on I would even learn programming languages at once if I had time for it Can people post links to good sites articles tutorials classes etc about computer software hardware programming encryption operating systems etc that I could read and learn so that hopefully in my future career in computers I would not be completely helpless in any computer situation -like ninjas nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Help just got few questions to ask if lenovo idea pad s100 is capable to upgrade from win 7 to win 8......thanks

A:can i up grade lenovo ideapad s100 from win 7 to 8...

Dear Customer

Welcome in lenovo forums

Unfortunately such kind of models are not upgradable to windows 8 , also there is no related drivers related on lenovo support

Thanks
Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/can-i-up-grade-lenovo-ideapad-s100-from-win-7-to-8/td-p/1232925
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

I have a HI-Grade r5400 Laptop which keeps turning off - I am pritty sure its overheating, as I get a wift of the burning smell every so often.

Sometimes it wont turn on, if you leave it for a while it will turn on - after 8-10 seconds it turns off.

I've opened it up and cleared all the dust off the fans, the fans seem to work fine.

I could try a different fan - I am struggling to find parts for this make and model online though.
Any one have any suggestions?

Cheers

A:Hi-Grade r5400 Laptop overheating

Make sure it's getting enough air. Many laptop users make the mistake of smothering the poor thing in blankets or a pillow when they use it. Did you remove the memory cover and clean that area? Did you take off the shell and clean the CPU? An overheated CPU sounds like the culprit here. Make sure you screwed the CPU fan/heat sink onto the bracket properly if you dismounted it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-grade-r5400-laptop-overheating.704349/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all The Issue I Have recently purchased a laptop with windows XP preinstalled high-grade drive Faulty DVD on laptop on it has COA key and eveything seemed to be working until i updated the Webcam drivers Suddenly the laptop stopped working and kept getting a BSOD so i re-installed XP and re-instlled the drivers for the laptop but now the DVD drive doesn t work properly When i insert a DVD film into the drive the film will play using Power Cyberlink DVD player but if i try to open the DVD from quot My Computer quot the disc appears to be blank This also happend with DVD Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop s where i have backed up data etc Also eveytime i start the laptop up it keeps trying to install two quot Base System Device quot I have tried allowing the laptop to install these devices but each time it tells me the device quot was not installed correctly quot I am confused as to why this is and was just wondering if i had installed the correct drivers for the laptop or not or if perhaps my DVD drive is on t its way out Laptop Specs Hi-Grade Notebook Pentium INtel T Dual Core Gb RAM Gb HDD Windows XP PRO Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop SP Model No W S I do have a genuine copy of Windows Home Premium with a COA but im reluctant to install this without a fully working DVD Drive thanks in advance James nbsp

A:Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop

I can't find W76S on Hi-Grade's site, so I don't know what extras the laptop has. And their FTP server for driver download appears to be offline. Do you still have the CD/DVD w/ device drivers that came with the laptop? Perhaps try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, card-reader, etc. from that disc.

The other option is take a look at Device Manager. Look at the properties for those w/ exclamation marks. There should be a Details tab. Select Hardware Ids under Property, and you should get couple things in the Value box. Hopefully, the 1st one will help you identify the make and from there, the right driver. If not, try using the 2nd value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-dvd-drive-on-high-grade-laptop.168437/
Relevancy 55.9%

Boot/start-up is very very slow...AMD Mobile Semperon logo displays for ages, as tho the whole device has frozen...this finally goes, if you're patient enough, and then its attention turns to the CD drive...either it claims there is no drive, or there's no bootable CD in the drive...if I'm lucky, it eventually continues until Windows starts...usually successfully, but not always. 'anybody come across this before...it'd be handy to get some insights before heading down the route to "total reload"...thanks in advance. DH

A:Hi-Grade (sic) 8317R Notebook/Laptop boot problem

Any sign of malware? Popups, browser re-directs? How many programs start with Windows? Has the disk been cleaned of garbage file lately?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hi-grade-sic-8317r-notebook-laptop-boot-problem.111690/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a gateway laptop I use for school it turned off and won't turn back on. I put the battery in another computer and the other computer still powered on. I did the same with the charger. So its not a battery or charger problem. There is no virus or anything like that. When I plug it up the charging light flashes red and that's it I tried a hard reset and that doesn't seem to work with this model. No power light or anything. I really need to get thus thing back up and running so I can finish up my online exams. PLEASE HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-for-my-school-laptop.1164194/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi, i have finished school and been given a school laptop, but it still has the internet filter on it which i cant remove as they hav secured it there
i am trying to use a program windows password recovery tool to remove the admin password.
yet when i boot it from a usb at startup the screen resolution is giant, and i cannot see the buttons i need to click.
can anyone help?
or suggest a better way to remove the blue coat internet filter

A:help with a school laptop

Sorry, we can not help you.
It violates the RULES of the forum

Quote:

ASSISTANCE WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES
We will not provide any user with information about the location of websites that assist with the following activities

software pirating
hacking
password cracking
keystroke recording software

We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

I would suggest you return it to the school and have the IT department help you.

Sorry, thread closed.

Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-a-school-laptop-522737.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Toshiba laptop that is about two years old, I got it from a friend who did not have any problems with it. I installed windows XP proffessional and office xp proffessional as well as norton antivirus, and windows updates. The computer just shuts itself down! It started doing it during downloads, or installing things, but then If inally got everything installed and now it just does it randomly, sometimes it will be ok for 3 hours, and then just shutdown, other times it shuts down every 5 minutes. I have changed the power settings to home/office and told it to never shut down, but it still does it. I know there is no virus, and it does not list an error message, it just turns black and shuts down. Can someone please tell me waht to do, I am computer illiterate and desperately need the computer for college, any help would be wonderful, thankyou!!!!!

Relevancy 52.03%

My current laptop is a really old HP Pavilion which heats up and crashes if I have too many browser tabs open or if I play videos Not to mention the battery doesn't hold charge I'm looking for something to replace it with preferably something with Windows an SSD drive and a good battery life I also code in Mathematica for school so any hardware that can speed up the calculations would be good My budget is around I've looked at the ThinkPad T and L series The T series with built in Smart Card readers are what I'm looking for however the Lenovo website currently don't allow you to pick the -cell battery packs The L series on the other hand allows the cell battery option and comes with an Express Card slot but without a Smart Card reader so I would have to get the reader separately An optical drive would be nice so that for laptop school/business new a Looking for everything is in one neat package but if I must I can settle with an external optical drive for the few times I may need to use a CD I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions Also how much SSD storage and RAM should I get Would the minimum GB SSD GB RAM suffice or would it be better for something more GB SSD GB RAM Also is the FHD IPS display worth the extra cost over the HD with no IPS if the display size Looking for a new laptop for school/business is '

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/looking-new-laptop-school-business-275010/
Relevancy 52.03%

I m thinking of getting a Laptop for school but since Ive only ever brought built desktops before I m not really sure what laptop would be best only what I want from it and can afford -I can spend around -Needs to be powerful enough to run Visual Studio without any problems VS is probs the most demanding app I ll use at school -At least Dx with pixel shader Dx would be nice if possible -If possible without spending too much I for Laptop Choosing a school wouldn t mind being able to play games at decent settings eg HL Episode without lag Ive had a look around but couldn t Choosing a Laptop for school realy find anything useful to tell me if a laptop is capable of what I want or not this looks like it may be more than capable but I m not really sure if thats the case nor if it s actauly a good deal for http configure euro dell com dell NRS amp l en amp oc N amp rbc N amp s dhs nbsp

A:Choosing a Laptop for school

That is a decent laptop that will do all you want it to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-a-laptop-for-school.111245/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone. Schools starting soon *sigh* and I want a laptop. I need it to be under $500 and have wifi and ethernet. its only purpose will be internet and word processing but id like it not to crap out on me when 2 things open. Im failing to find any good deals on my own or custom building sites that have starting prices low enough for me.

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 52.03%

I have been given a laptop with no hard drive (ex school) i have added a new HD and trying to install windows 7 disk. Unfortunately i press enter on the dvd image (rather than usb or 2 others) and it goes straight back to black background and tells me to 'insert system disk and press any key' Would be thrilled for any help! Thanks

A:am trying to install Win 7 on school old laptop with new HDD

You have to enter the BIOS at startup and in the Boot Order, choose boot from dvd or cd rom first. Save the settings and exit. Put the Win 7 disk in the tray and reboot. Look for a short message on the screen that says press any key to boot from cd. It will be fast so make sure you hit it quick. The computer should then boot to the win 7 disk. Follow the onscreen instructions to create a partition and install Win 7. If you don't have a disk for the computer, you'll need to hunt around for any drivers that weren't installed.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/am-trying-to-install-win-7-on-school-old-laptop-with-new-hdd/19106.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently bought an new dell laptop from dell and the headphone jack wasn't working I was going to upgrade to a better model but I got the run around for about 5 days and now that its over 30 days old oh yea my NEW laptop is 34 days old they refuse to help however if customer care would've helped me or even called me when they scheduled a return phone call this wouldn't have even happened!!!! So upset still trying to fix this issue Michigan

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19986878
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello My computer in school desktop has a Windows my 4.4 3.3 laptop. in WEI is better My why? school computer WEI than Experience Index of but it seems to perform better than my WEI laptop Maybe WEI is not a reliable measure of how fast the computer is but just to give you an idea I don t know the exact specs of my school pc but i think it has almost the same specs as my laptop in terms of ram and clock speed Here are my laptop specs Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build My 3.3 WEI computer in school is better than my 4.4 WEI laptop. why? Service Pack Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model TravelMate P BIOS InsydeH O Version V Processor Intel reg Pentium reg My 3.3 WEI computer in school is better than my 4.4 WEI laptop. why? CPU B GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available DirectX Version DirectX System DPI Setting DPI percent Anyway my laptop freezes a lot of times especially when I haven t turned it off for a long time This just doesn t happen with my school pc even if it s on I was the one who installed windows on both computers so they have almost the same programs installed except maybe Connectify app in my laptop Now i m wondering if I can still make my laptop perform faster or should I just buy a new one My CPU usage meter indicates of my ram is used this is usually the case when i m working Do you think this will get faster if I upgrade the ram i just bought this laptop around months ago so I don t want to spend money for a new one but it s really annoying when i m doing my homework or even just browsing I will update this thread when I get to school tomorrow and post my school pc s specs so we could compare the two Thanks

A:My 3.3 WEI computer in school is better than my 4.4 WEI laptop. why?

Do you think this will get faster if I upgrade the ram?Hello and Welcome -Most updated Windows7 computers will run about 4G RAM, rather than your current installed 2G RAM, so it would not hurt to upgrade this -If These TravelMate P243 Specs are the same / similar to yours, it includes Memory "Base RAM size 4 GB" -Part of Acer's business lineup, the TravelMate P243 features an Intel Ivy Bridge processor, 8GB of RAM, an HD webcam, and a 14-inch 1366 x 768 display. Availability date: Aug. 14, 2012 Also This Review says "Basic RAM is 4G" - So I would look at 4Gig as a standard setup.my laptop freezes a lot of times, especially when I haven't turned it off for a long time. << I would turn the computer off at least at the end of the day and save your work Personally only, I turn my laptop off every day (night) as it may be 2 or 3 days between using it, and I like to start fresh each time - Your choice there -Desktops and laptops are a bit different with shutdown times etc, but I still believe in turning them off when totally finished, and it only takes about 1 or 2 minutes to restart them for each session - Try this for a while, and clean out unwanted programs on a regular basis also -Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474792/my-33-wei-computer-in-school-is-better-than-my-44-wei-laptop-why/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to install Windows 7 on my laptop because it was nearly crashed so I decided to reinstall it. When I press "Install now" and finish editing my HDD settings so Windows is going to install it finish the "Copying Windows files" step and it just stucks at 0% at "Expanding Windows files"

I have tried with Windows XP aswell and it does not work. I have taken out the HDD and deleted everything on it from my other computer but it seems to still not work so I guess it is the BIOS settings.

I have full access to the BIOS but I have no idea what to do...

Any ideas?

EDIT;

Computer model is HP Compaq 6730b

A:[SOLVED] Trying to format School laptop

Problem has been solved.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-trying-to-format-school-laptop-506279.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am studying MBA now online while working at the university I go to I inch 17 laptop school getting for of Thinking a am making heavy use of Thinking of getting a 17 inch laptop for school spreadsheets and have a visual disability My current computer is an HP TS from I do like to game casually at p or what ever as long as Thinking of getting a 17 inch laptop for school it doesn't lag I record the class sessions using OBS which makes the computer lag a fair bit Honestly I could do without the touch screen too it just gets all greasy from touching and professors end up touching it to show me something not knowing it is touch and messing something up This is what my specs are now AMD A M GB ram TB rpm HDD Radeon hd G M dual graphics I do want something inch with a low- mid rage graphics card for the occasional game while I travel home I also would like it to have easy access to the HDD and ram through the bottom MY current laptop cannot have the hard drive easily replaced which is annoying the whole computer has to be torn apart just to get at the HDD I would like to spend anywhere from - and this is my current idea Acer Laptop Aspire E E - G- J Intel Core i U amp GHz amp GB Memory TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce MX amp Windows Home - Newegg com Does this look like a decent laptop or is there anything better for the money

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/thinking-getting-17-inch-laptop-school-278351/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys , recently bought Dell windows home 7 from ebay for 35quid
I was replacing my laptop os from ubuntu,

anyways , the pixels of the whole laptop/pictures/desktop look really old or poor pixels,

as you can tell im not expert in the computer field, but i have attached a few pictures
to try to explain what i mean... When i had ubuntu everything was fine the quality was perfect,

any idea what i need to do or download to recieve that picture quality again.

Thanks.

A:the pixels on the whole laptop look old school!! How to change?

My laptop is a toshiaba satelite C805D - I bought it in febuary. (so its not an old laptop)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299614-pixels-whole-laptop-look-old-school-how-change.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys I want to get a laptop to use for school projects like slideshows and videos gaming H V CS S and surfing the web do people still say much I can and school a expect pay for laptop games? How for to that and I d like to hear from someone who knows more about it than me How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games? about how mush it would cost Here s an extensive list of what I d like it to have - Windows Vista Home Premium there s already - At least a Ghz CPU - Mid- to high-end graphics card GeForce maybe - A good sound card nothing fancy - At least a - GB hard drive reasonably fast say RPM is that fast - At least GB of RAM - A relatively small screen size - quot so I don t have to be carrying around a huge bag - Decent networking capabilities How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games? good enough to download stuff play games online and use my school s wireless I hope I didn t miss anything I don t know much about laptops so any advice How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games? or insight is helpful On Apple s website there s a thing where you can play with upgrades and a few other settings to customize your computer and it tells you how much it would cost But Macs are lousy for gaming so I tried to find a thing like that for PC laptops but had no luck Thanks nbsp

A:How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games?

Dude, how much are you planning on spending? Those are some pretty heavy specs for a lappy. I really don't think you need quite that specs for basic gaming (though definitely get someone else's opinion, I only know from what I've looked at and such). but try Dell, they've got some pretty good deals. however, if you really do want even higher specs, you might wanna try something like Alienware.
Again, I'm no expert, but for a lappy those are some pretty high end specs.

Oh yeah, lol. BTW, if I understood you right...you're talking 4-5 grand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-can-i-expect-to-pay-for-a-laptop-for-school-and-games.77844/
Relevancy 51.6%

My son s a school teacher in CA and bought a new laptop to use in his classes Details of the new computer Comp HP Envy notebook Projector Laptop Vga And School Issues New version running Windows Home Graphics card Intel HD Graphics This new computer does not have a VGA port and he s been trying to use HDMI with a Belkin VGA to HDMI converter He has developed PowerPoints with animation using PowerPoint home and office They all worked fine with his old computer with a VGA port But when he uses the new computer with the converter the screen looks great until he runs the PowerPoint and the PowerPoint display is about half the size of the screen He s tried to run them in Full Screen Mode and has tried to change the resolution but changing it to wide screen distorts the images and makes it too small The school owns the projector and is not likely to replace it with a newer version for at least ten more years Businessmen use the new computers and old projectors so there has to be a way to get the display to be full School Vga Projector And New Laptop Issues screen and not distorted but we can t find anything on the internet to come even close He s spent a day trying to get it to work when he discovered his first converter was bad so when he got over that frustration he ran into this Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I wrote this under the hardware thinking it make be the converter or port but as I read this it may better fall under the Software I will not duplicate the post but if you judge it should be there instead let me know what I need to do nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/school-vga-projector-and-new-laptop-issues.308433/
Relevancy 51.6%

So lets say I know that security is a joke in a way I have a basic firewall I have a router with built in firewall parnoid? safe my so Keep if what school laptop at im I have anti virus But it slows my computer down so if I want to keep my computer safe when downloading files browsing websites this so what if im parnoid? Keep my laptop safe at school is a laptop so it will be going places at some point What do you rec website or downloads for basic security Is Microsoft security essentials windows firewall and malware enough In cunjunction with a router at home with a firewall I read about sand boxing and I do have avast but I disabled it for speed issues so what about running commando and so forth I mean it seems silly to install a ton of programs if it makes it so I can't even use the internet Also is crome a safe browser or should I be using Firefox My fear is simply a virus that messes up my computer someone getting into my email account and sending virus's out that kind stuff P hehe just curious if there is a good website to read up on this stuff for If what I got will keep me safe from bios passwords and highjacking software im cool I don't got anything worth stealing I don't order online or anything so any info be great computer will be used for school soon though don't want people messing with it for sure but at the same time important It doesn't get bogged down

A:so what if im parnoid? Keep my laptop safe at school

Heres my answer..

If you are not really sure if the a website is infected or not go here http://www.virustotal.com/ Using this website, you can check and verify if the website that you are trying to visit has a malware,rootkit,trojans,adware and spywares.

For some reason you need to delete your prefetch and temp files so that it will not cosume your computers memory (Performance problems.)

Click start, type on the start search or run "%temp%" without the quotation mark
Select all then hit delete. Noticed that some you can't delete all of them. Its fine. Just press skip.

Click start, type on the start search run. then on run type "prefetch" without the quotation mark
Select all then hit delete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/223258-so-what-if-im-parnoid-keep-my-laptop-safe-school.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, so I'm in the process of purchasing a laptop for University and was hoping someone could help me out with a couple questions I have.

1) How does the AMD Turion? 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 (1.8GHz/1MB), perform against the Mobile AMD Sempron? Processor 3500+? Would both perform well for a school laptop?

2) How much better is the ATI RADEON® Xpress1270 HyperMemory? than the ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 with 256MB HyperMemory? Would both be good enough for basic office and internet use?

3) Is the AMD Turion? 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 (1.8GHz/1MB) with the ATI RADEON® Xpress1270 HyperMemory? worth about 150$ more than the Mobile AMD Sempron? Processor 3500+ and ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 with 256MB HyperMemory? Should I not bother with the upgrade for 150$?

Thanks in advance for helping me out. Most of this stuff goes right over my head!

Rina

A:HELP! Having Trouble Deciding on a Laptop for School

1. A sempron is a much older (single core chip). The turion is far better.

2. Any laptop is capable of graphics for basic office and internet use. Even cheap ones.

3. yes. Ensure you maximize the RAM on any laptop you buy. It would also be wise to buy a faster rpm hard drive.

4. Please post in the correct forum next time. (mobile computing)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-having-trouble-deciding-on-a-laptop-for-school.83316/
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop has XP Home, and when the computer guy when to put in the networks domain, he said there was no place to put in the domain only a work"group" which wouldn't work.

How do I go about getting it to work? He said there is a network card so it should be able to work, but he's not sure how to do it.

Is it even possible with the Home edition or do I need the Professional edition?
If it's possible what do we do?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm going to buy a laptop for school use in college, but I'm not sure how to choose the right laptop, I know that the minimum amount of RAM should be at least 2GB and I also heard that i3, i5, i7's are good to use too. My friend also told me that Lenovo is a very good and trusted brand for laptops but what else should I look for? What other brands/manufactures for laptop are trustworthy? main question is what to look for so that it isn't going to be 'OUT' in a few years. Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 51.6%

I had a message on Yahoo messanger with links on yahoo messanger and when I clicked on it, it redirected the browser to nsl-school.org and downloaded virus. I have a protection by Avast and it detected a virus but could not do anything about it..
I have run ewidow and it detects files but can not remove them.
Also on my desk top, the virus has downloaded a file svhost.exe.

Please advise what should I do?

Really apriciate it..
Vipul Patel

Relevancy 51.6%

Symantec indicates that my daughter has the trojan vundo on her school laptop but when I downloaded there removal program it did not find it We own the laptop but it is programmed by her school for school usage It starts up with Novell client so I could not figure out how to start it in safe mode I hit F but it did not work Symantec shows that the trojanfundo is in C School on Laptop Trojan.Vundo Windows system iiihe dll Trojan.Vundo on School Laptop Any help to get rid of Tojan vundo would be appreciated Here is the HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe c Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesbs exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesrv exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System XConfig exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMEEJME EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESBS EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINDOWS system NWTRAY EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C toshiba ivp ism ivpsvmgr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO MSEvents Object - DD BC - - BA -BEBC-FBAE A - C WINDOWS system iiihe dll O - BHO VPN-OEM Extension - -F - FDD- FAB- E - C WINDOWS system winfghert dll O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run TMESRV EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESRV EXE Logon O - HKLM Run TMERzCtl EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXE Service O - HKLM Run TMESBS EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESBS EXE Client O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run Smo... Read more

A:Trojan.Vundo on School Laptop

Hitting F8 is not the way to do it - start tapping F8 and the begenning of the boot process at least every second

O2 - BHO: VPN-OEM Extension - {89044184-F260-4FDD-8FAB-2662814846E5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\winfghert.dll is a key logger are you aware of this????

Please print these instructions out for use in Safe Mode.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to extract the files
This will create a VundoFix folder on your desktop.
After the files are extracted, please reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.
Once in safe mode open the VundoFix folder and doubleclick on KillVundo.bat
You will first be presented with a warning and a list of forums to seek help at.
it should look like this
VundoFix V2.1 by Atri
By pressing enter you agree that you are using this at your own risk

At this point press enter one time.
Next you will see:
Type in the filepath as instructed by the forum staff
Then Press Enter, Then F6, Then Enter Again to continue with the fix.Click to expand...
At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!):
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iiihe.dll

Press Enter, then press the F6 key, then press Enter one more time to continue with the fix.
Next you will see:
Please type in the second filepath as instructed by the forum staff
Then Press Enter, Then F6, Then Enter Again to continue with the fix.Click to expand...
At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!):
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ehiii.*

Press Enter, then press the F6 key, then press Enter one more time to continue with the fix.

The fix will run then HijackThis will open.
In HijackThis, please place a check next to the following items and click FIX CHECKED:

O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {6DD0BC06-4719-4BA3-BEBC-FBAE6A448152} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iiihe.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: iiihe - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iiihe.dll

After you have fixed these items, close Hijackthis and Press any key to Force a reboot of your computer.
Pressing any key will cause a "Blue Screen of Death" this is normal, do not worry!
Once your machine reboots please continue with the instructions below.

Then, please run this online virus scan: ActiveScan

Copy the results of the ActiveScan and paste them here along with a new HijackThis log and the vundofix.txt file from the vundofix folder into this topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-vundo-on-school-laptop.405483/
Relevancy 51.6%

Haven't posted in a while. Well college is coming around and i NEED a laptop, I'll use it for notes, papers, projects, and homework, but that's not what I'm worried about

I'm very OCD about what I buy. I have around 1200-1500 to spend, and i want the best bang for my buck. I want a gaming laptop, that's at least somewhat solid, what am I looking at with that price range?

A:buying laptop for school/gaming help?

You're going to need more money for a good gaming laptop.

Ok I did a little searching and I found a list of mobile video devices.

Nvidia GeForce Go7600
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
ATI Mobility Radeon X1700
Nvidia GeForce 8400M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7700
Nvidia GeForce Go7600GT
Nvidia GeForce 8600M-GS
Nvidia GeForce 8600M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7800
ATI Mobility Radeon X1800
Nvidia GeForce 8700M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7900GS
ATI Mobility Radeon X1900
Nvidia GeForce Go7800GTX
ATI Mobility Radeon X1800XT
Nvidia GeForce Go7900GTX
Nvidia GeForce Go7950GTX

Look for a laptop that you can afford with at least one of the above, 2GB of memory for Windows Vista and the mobility processor of your choice. The farther you go down the list the faster and more expensive the video will be. All the recognized brand names I saw where $2000.00 and up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-laptop-for-school-gaming-help.84015/
Relevancy 51.6%

So im going to college in a few months and i would like to get a new good laptop.
Now i play video games but not hardcore ones, i play games like League of Legends and Team Fortress 2. So I'm trying to find a laptop thats able to play those games, however i dont need a super fancy gaming laptop, anyone mind helping?

I looked at newegg.com but im unsure of what i really need

A:[Help] Getting a good laptop for school/ some games

Oh thanks for moving the thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-getting-a-good-laptop-for-school-some-games.1171299/
Relevancy 51.6%

Kid needs a computer for school ... should I go with a laptop or desktop?

A:Kid needs a computer for school... should I go with a laptop or desktop?

Given a choice, I vote desktop

1) You usually need pay more for laptops
2) Laptops will also need to endure more wear and tear as they're mobile and will be probably be dropped or slip out of hand some time and ya need worry more about damages
3) And importantly, i think it's easier to keep an eye on what kid's are doing on a computer when it's a desktop!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kid-needs-a-computer-for-school-should-i-go-with-a-laptop-or-desktop.154622/
Relevancy 51.6%

I will be attending college next year and am planning to dorm there. I am going to major in CS or Software engineering. I am wondering which laptop is best for it and my budget is around $1500. Please recommend some for me. Thanks.

A:Best Laptop for a College Student

What are you wanting to do on it besides school work?
Do you know what languages you'll be developing for / what environments you'll be developing in?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/best-laptop-college-student-274343/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there Well I ve had my Sony VAIO FR S for approximately years now and it just keeps overheating and sounds like it s going to take off everytime I do simple operations such as using Notepad or something along those lines - as well as the general build quality which seems to be Need a Laptop Student-Budget sub-standard especially now since the power input is wiggly the MIC socket has Need a Student-Budget Laptop failed battery doesn t charge Need a Student-Budget Laptop properly so I have to use mains wherever I go and just Need a Student-Budget Laptop recently it has started to overheat and simply shutdown without warning - something any University student would dread if they re typing out their finals So I thought seeing as I can t really rely on my VAIO anymore and the repair costs to fix the above would be sky high coupled with the fact that the specification is years old and barely keeps up with my Mum and Dad s desktop equivalent even though it has less processing power it was time to upgrade I am currently a Multimedia Production amp Technology student which means I will be working a lot with video and other media types as well as the general student type things such as using Itunes and the Internet to keep me entertained inbetween lectures I am not likely to play games on it so graphics aren t an essential since I only a Media Center at home which can cope with that stuff It needs to be light to carry around in my rucksack and also fairly small for the same reasons bag size Battery life to be as long as possible as I am rarely near a socket especially if I were to do any outdoor work although the option of an internal Wireless card would be nice but also not essential as I can nab the card from my existing laptop which plugs into a side opening name escapes me The budget for this laptop would have to be at the and below margin - I am a poor student after all And also as a footnote Vista would be nice just to try out but also not essential So really a run down of my wants and needs - Fast and reliable - Fairly cheap but needs to be hard-wearing - Small and light - Internal wireless but not essential - Long battery life - Capable with media such as video and photo editing Photoshop etc Hopefully there s a suitable laptop out there for me Cheers Andrew nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

OK my bro has asked me to find him another laptop I know the hardware well enough but not the brands I told him to buy one a little over a year ago because it had an APU and very casual gaming was a request but not anymore Anyway it was an HP pavilion and it has some serious bloody heat problems and it hasent even been abused which makes me as mad as it makes him So Laptop student college for we need a quot laptop with a minimum of GB ram and a nicer processor dual core is minimum Laptop for college student and really all thats required would prefer - which should be plenty for what this is for- school work and watching netflix youtube etc etc Most importantly is it needs to LAST its not going to get thrown around or be running at all the time so it needs to last years notice the plural the fan should NOT be maxing out all the time I havent been someone to ask for forum feedback for PC hardware for years but honestly laptop quality is constantly fluctuating and im tired of spending hours looking into them PS I am NOT buying another HP Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Laptop for college student

I normally avoid HP laptops off and on because of that very issue. Now its not the case with all their models (seems to me that most come from the 17 inch models in my experience). If you want a good laptop for light gaming and schoolwork/youtube and junk, here are my recommendations at that price point:

Lenovo G505s $524
Lenovo has good build quality, down side is they tend to cost a bit more than other brands and this one has a 768p screen.

Asus X550LB Notebook (Open Box Special) $559
Asus is also one of good build quality. This is an open box special of course as the regular price is a bit higher than this but it comes with the normal warranty and would be one of the best choices in terms of performance.

Those are my two best recommendations as far as performance to price is concerned. If you want to go cheaper I would drop to an A8 processor as that will drop the price a bit down. I normally stick with Lenovo, Asus, and MSI when it comes to laptops (Sager as well but they are custom) and thats where I normally run to with laptop needs. HP is fine on the smaller platform for some reason its just the big notebooks that have poor cooling designs (Sounds stupid no matter how I think of it, but my sister has a small new HP notebook with an A10 and 15.6 screen which runs very cool while my friend has a 17inch with an A10 and it runs hot. Wrap your head around that).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-for-college-student.202470/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, My older syster is needing a laptop for college, she's going to be a Biology major, and needs to write reports, and do basic online searching for hacks, and cheats for her tests, . As I search, I only see new computers with windows Vista on them, and I can tell from their specs, no matter how much you strip vista, it is not going to run well at all.

But I'm also needing some advice on whats the most important features for a laptop for a college student. I know DVD-R/RWs are a must, and atleast 1/2 Gig of Ram is important, but what about integrated/non-integrated Video cards, and Wifi capabilities?
Thanks-
JoshT

A:Looking For A Laptop For A College Student With Xp On It.

From what you describe she needs a about a 1ghz computer with 512MB of RAM with a 20gb hard drive should do. Windows XP or even Windows 2000 Pro. That will run about $200? delivered on eBay. This is all on the assumption that you are looking for a deal.
If not then I would go to Dell or Toshiba and look at what they have on their sites. I have had 4 Toshiba notebooks and in my opinion they are bullet proof. I still have and use a P-II 300 Toshiba 2535CDS that is 8 years old. I still use it several times a week.
If she plans on packing it to class try and find a 12" sub-note and a docking station for the house\dorm. If not look at one of the "Desktop replacements" forms. 17"+ screen, full size keyboard, and does not skimp on the power.
If you go new a DVD is a given, if not save her money and get a USB\Firewire external DVD-RW.

IMo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91680/looking-for-a-laptop-for-a-college-student-with-xp-on-it/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop for under $300 for my cousin for College. He needs it to write essays, do his projects and some web browsing. Nothing to fancy.

Any recommendations?

A:Laptop for college student (Under $300)

Pretty much any current hardware can handle basic "office" apps. It just becomes a matter of finding a model that fits your budget.

Make note of any options or features that are necessary, then go to the local stores and see what's available. It's simply a matter of brand preference, budget, and warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-for-college-student-under-300.1107688/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am planning on buying a new laptop..What can you guys recommend that I buy?
Laptops with
-built in camera
-lots of memory
-lightweight (I'm tiny so I want to carry something small and handy)
-fast
-not too expensive

My friend recommend this black friday sales: http://blackfriday2009sale.info/index.php?keywords=computer,laptop&store=10 @ bestbuy

what should I watch out and which one should i choose?

Please help. I am clueless about buying laptops.

Relevancy 51.17%

At the moment i use my school laptop because my gaming computer is at a friends house.

Anyway i find it weird that the teachers have blocked everything, i'm not allowed to download things because i need admin rights and i don't know the username + password.

I tried the cmd method but they have block that aswell, so i'm wondering if there is a method to get the username and password so that i can finally download things, i paid for the school pc and when we can't do anything on it (except youtube) i feel really pissed of and mad about that.

If anyone could help me with this issue i would be really thankfull (: (sorry for my bad english)

A:School laptop blocking everything, need help with admin rights and cmd

Hi Steneman,

I work at as an IT administrator for a school district so i understand what you're going through. Those restrictions are in place because that laptop is school property (for now) or because the IT department does not allow people to bring their own devices for the network.

long story short... those restrictions are there so you cant do anything to the computer they don't want you doing (such as downloading pirated content or software that is not legal). You will probably have to deal with it for now, or hack the computer. Id advise not trying to hack it though because if they find out the consequences may be even more frustrating (such as no network access).

Sorry I couldn't be more help as far as getting you up and playing but its just one of those suck-suck situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256160-school-laptop-blocking-everything-need-help-admin-rights-cmd.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m trying to help my sister Hard earlier laptop format school fix a problem with her PC and am stuck in a problem The PC was her earlier school-laptop but after finishing school she bought it legally from the school It still has the school setup and it s not possible to boot from the XP-CD Even though the install-cd is inserted in the drive the PC boots to the ordinary partition Entering quot Boot Device Options quot Hard format earlier school laptop only lets me choose between quot Notebook Hard Drive quot and quot Notebook Ethernet quot Clicking quot BIOS Setup quot this message appears quot User ID BIOS Administrator Enter password quot Neither I nor my sister knows the admin password The tech-desk at her school is closed so we can t get help from there This is really frustrating it s her computer and she have legally bought it from the school so this shouldn t been a problem I ve also tried to enter the admin account without password but of course it s password protected Is there any way for me to format and reinstall the OS without the need for the admin password legally without hacking nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all I am having issues with my latop uploading data to the server at my school. I get my own network drive but I'm geting less thab 500kb a second. And their internet speed is 11mbs. But that's not all I'm getting disconected from it too when I'm trying to transfer data to it. The administrater said it was my side. Also I have tried the twealing online with turning off the compressor and such. Any other sugestions?

Look at laptop specs in my info if u need more information

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/270552-laptop-school-server-drives-slow-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My Gateway laptop will not connect to the internet, or open a terms and conditions page to allow me to use internet access at school. I tried every internet connect possible, that we could use our login information for, and it won't grant me internet access. It says connected, but I usually end up with the google chrome dinosaur game.I have Norton Security. My laptop is Gateway NE72203h. Model EG70. My friends all bring their laptops and are able to connect to the internet with no problem. If someone actually has a useful answer to fix this problem, please help.I also never have a problem with connecting at home, or to other house wifi systems.message edited by B-BitLuvsCats

A:How do I get internet access on my gateway laptop, at school

Try removing NIS. It may be blocking public WiFi access.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-internet-access-on-my-gateway-laptop-at-school/2067.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Good evening Tech Support Guy forums Here is one for you I laptop problem School wireless connection am using a laptopt that is used at a school The owner member of staff can connect to the School laptop wireless connection problem schools School laptop wireless connection problem wireless internet but School laptop wireless connection problem not the one here at home The computer is running XP Pro and I m a Linux guy so I m stumped Bascially the wireless card picks up the router connects and tells me the signal strength is great and all is well That is not the case When trying to get anywhere on the net I get the old could not find server page I have taken an ethernet cable out of the back of one of the other machines and plugged it into the laptop I need to tell it to not use proxy at all and to automatically detect settings That is fine but the owner needs the wireless Like I said the card works fine at the school Here it won t I told it to not look for hte proxy and get the settings automatically We have other machines that connect to the router wirelessly and the router itself assigns the laptop an IP Can anyone help me fix this and get it all sorted The card is D-Link Airplus DWL-G and the router is a Belkin F D - Wireless G router Any help much appreciated Thanks Ironfist nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

So basically got New can school at to connect laptop, wifi can't but at home my school laptop yesterady the internet worked fine at school but when I came home it wouldn't work When I came to school again today it worked when I came home again it wouldn't The internet connection showed that it was connected but I don't got internet acess Some restarts I have internet pretty slow just on the beginning sometimes pages just loads forever or very long without connecting and sometimes it just loads a little bit and says network error I've been working with trying to fix it all day yesterday and like one hour today and now I just want to get it done so I came here to make a thread My network is fine with the computers telephones in my house so it's not the router I've tried to use the windows network error checking tool it just says that the strandard gateway isn't available which is not getting automatically resolved and it identifies a problem aswell that the connection between the router and internet has disconnected I have tried to Restarted Changing battery network card settings to high priority New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school Disconnecting reconnecting Re-typing wifi password Deactivating ipv Using a DNS Few CMD commands Changing an option called quot dulex rulex someting quot or something that tells how much mb s you should receive or something like that from router to automatically New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school detect to mb s didn't make any difference either and more windows enterprise edition i gb ram gb HDD etc everything new None of my other friends at school got this issue I asked the computer guy but he's stupid he asked New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school me like times if I had the right wifi password etc Help

A:New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school

This is quite simple - The School is using a proxy within Internet Explorer. You must have admin rights for this to work.

On Internet Explorer, - Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings - Untick the bottom box (Proxy)

Close and re-open IE, everything should be working.

Make sure you make a note as you will need to re-tick the box when you're next at school.

Regards,

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303634-new-laptop-cant-connect-wifi-home-but-can-school.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey,

I am looking to get a laptop for school (Microsoft office, emails, etc...) but also to have some gaming capabilities, most importantly to run Dota 2 1080p @60 FPS (the only game I really care about on this laptop).

The budget is about 700?-900?, but it is quite variable, as I can go higher if it is really worth it.

Thanks in advance,

~Atham

EDIT: www.heureka.sk is what you can search with, but you can just tell me which product and I will search it.

A:Need a laptop for school with some light gaming capabilities

1080p? On your laptop screen, or on an external screen? And wow 60fps is gonna be pushing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-laptop-for-school-with-some-light-gaming-capabilities.204675/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi i am notquite sure whether this is the right place to put this...

anyway i am an architecture student so majority of them time i will be using laptop for photoshop, autocad and 3Dstudtio max rendering pictures...

i dont know that much about computers specs so i am not quite sure what specs am i looking for other than graphic cards and RAM...

oh...big monitor is neccissary (17'')

my budget is abit tight...hence needing help finding a good economicallaptop which does the job....

many thanks in advance

p.s. doing architecture always means long long hours of work time so stability of the laptop is pretty vital

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suggestions-for-an-architect-student.780178/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am a graduate student in computer science and my budget is around $1000 to $1200. I am looking for an efficient LENOVO laptop for my school and job. Most days I am working simultaneously in dreamviewer, eclips (with android sdk ! I hate to wait to run the android emulator for minutes) , wamp , word, excel, pdfs, have a database open, lots of tabs in my web browser, some video streaming or listening music and maybe editing an image in photoshop. Basically I want a GOOD performance! I want a fast one..that is why I don't care if it is a quad core or dual core. I guess the clockspeed is much more important.

Does anybody have a good reccomendation ? cuz I really need it..

Thank u so much I will appreciate it if you can help me.

A:CPU + laptop recommendation for a graduate student

hexsus said:

I am a graduate student in computer science and my budget is around $1000 to $1200. I am looking for an efficient LENOVO laptop for my school and job. Most days I am working simultaneously in dreamviewer, eclips (with android sdk ! I hate to wait to run the android emulator for minutes) , wamp , word, excel, pdfs, have a database open, lots of tabs in my web browser, some video streaming or listening music and maybe editing an image in photoshop. Basically I want a GOOD performance! I want a fast one..that is why I don't care if it is a quad core or dual core. I guess the clockspeed is much more important.

Does anybody have a good reccomendation ? cuz I really need it..

Thank u so much I will appreciate it if you can help me.Click to expand...

Well seeing as how you want to go with Lenovo, my suggestion based on the fact you want to do lots of things graphical and such that you will need a decent enough laptop. In this case, here is my recommendation based on your budget.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313584

Its got Dual GPU graphics for when you need that horsepower, a good CPU (Haswell i7), and plenty of HDD space (Its a Hybrid Drive so its got decent response time).

Its a good Lenvovo PC and its portable so if your wanting something to carry around, have some decent power, and be made by Lenovo then you not going to do any better at this range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-laptop-recommendation-for-a-graduate-student.200082/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am the Mom of a College Freshman who is purchasing her her first laptop along with graduation money of course She is eventually majoring in Photography but for the first few College - student Laptop New Purchase years will only new it for school work surfing etc She will also need to use some Photo editing New Laptop Purchase - College student software although which is compatible with Vista at this time I don t know I will need to New Laptop Purchase - College student buy quot out of the box quot as I am not technical New Laptop Purchase - College student and can t do any add-ons upgrades myself Looking for guidance on purchase type I use Vista at work so know I need to get her more RAM then I have I have been told to try to get MG rather then since Vista is such a memory hog and also to avoid Turion due to processing speed I am just a lowly user so looking for some helpful suggestions on what spec s brands etc I should be looking for I would love to try an come in around if possible and have something that will last for a while and be carted back and forth nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all my name is Tony first time posting here since most of the help laptop time Full needs student with viruses or minor problems I get I can Full time student needs help with laptop fix This time its different I was in the middle of a online test with my local community college when all of a sudden my computer shut down and re-booted itself after that it was history Initially I had pop ups that said I needed a scan and so on only difference Full time student needs help with laptop was my computer was super slow took like minutes to load And when I clicked on start it took another minutes to load that too So I tried starting in safe mode didn t work then I tried starting in safe mode with networking didn t work both of these safe mode options brought up a screen of random entries and such and then the computer just sate there doing nothing I selected the option of quot Last known good configuration your most recent settings that worked quot and that didn t work well it went back to super slow mode like if I started it normally Well after I finally got to the quot Directory Services Restore Mode Windows Domain controllers only quot option I got into safe mode My first attempt was to try to restore to a earlier time but my administrative privileges were reset and I couldn t I did a spybot scan and fix started normally and was super slow again but without the pop-ups Started again safe mode w and w o networking didn t work But the Directory service restore mode did work Did another spybot and malwarebytes scan same thing no change in speed and no popups I also got my administrative privileges back but all my restore points were gone its said quot no available restore points at this time quot I down loaded AVG and ran it in safe mode no change I came trend micro and downloaded hijackthis and here I am still in safe mode Also notice when I start in normal mode the computer seems to be running like if im running allot of programs at once I m not sure if its the processor running constantly or maybe the fan but its that sound of something spinning not abnormal when I used to run allot of programs at one doesn t do it in safe mode But the light in the upper right hand corner that tells you the computer is thinking at least that was what I was told blinks periodically and doesn t match the sound of my computer working hard you know when the computer is working hard that light just stay on till its done loading or whatever Please help I need my laptop and its contents for school Heres the highjack this log P S Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C WINDOWS system CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-time-student-needs-help-with-laptop.862993/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm a college student (58 years old). I'm in the market to purchase a moderately priced lap top. It needs to have windows 7, MS Word, Outlook, and excel. The system will not need a large hard drive. Will not need to have a high end video card. Initially I will be using the system only for my studies (no gaming) after graduation I would like it to be capable to make transition into a Master Automotive Technicians lifestyle complete with it being able to plug into vehicle OBD II scan tools. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to a good laptop?

A:Student wishes to purchase laptop

All ODB II scan tools are not the same. I don't have extensive knowledge of all of them but some will connect to PCs via USB while some use a serial port. I have a couple of Equus hand held OBD II scanners and they both connect to the PC with a serial connector. Many of the desktops I've built for myself have a serial port or have a serial (COM) port header on the mobo or can be fitted with one so that's not a problem for me but a laptop might be a different story. I would imagine not many have a serial port anymore but some might still. Of course, there are USB to serial port adapters available so that might be an option as well.

While I don't know enough about laptops to recommend one, just be aware of the different scan tool interfaces and buy your equipment accordingly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/student-wishes-to-purchase-laptop.164447/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Everyone,

I have a friend who's having issues with the speed of her net at home, on one particular laptop. She just purchased a new Asus laptop not too long ago and while she's at ODU her speeds are fine, when shes home it drops very low. She also has another laptop and desktop that are perfectly fine, and get the top speed their isp provides.

On the problem laptop (the Asus)
Shes running windows 7 64 bit, the router is a Linksys E1200, the network card itself is an Atheros AR9485

Her speeds at home are : 0.52 mbps on the Asus, while her other laptop and desktop gets 33 mbps
Her speed at school is 28 mbps on the Asus

So we are trying to figure out why her Asus wants to act up at home and not at school

A:Very slow internet speeds at home, but not at school on one laptop

it does not sound like a computer problem -- may be a router/wireless/network setting problem--to try to eliminate possibilities...
try plugging the machine into the router directly with a cable--if the speed picks up then there's a setting somewhere that needs a tweak.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270315-very-slow-internet-speeds-home-but-not-school-one-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

Basicly my laptop is like 1 year old. My wifi works just fine I can connect to any router/hotspot. But when I go to school I just can't connect to the wifi in school and everyone else can. It just says: Could not connect to the network but it shows it's available. My friends get a login page like this: http://i.imgur.com/zdUiD2A.jpg (picture found on google).
I litterly tried EVERYTHING that I could do.. I searched hours on the internet and tried alot it just doesn't seem to work.
Please help me out!

Thanks

A:Laptop school wifi connection issues [Need help ASAP]

- Network and Sharing Center - Manage Wireless Networks - Delete the school one and try re-connecting
- Disable firewall
- Run services.msc and see if you have Bonjour service running, stop and try if so
- Try Safe Mode with Networking
- Re-install/update wireless driver
- Run cmd as admin: netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381965-laptop-school-wifi-connection-issues-need-help-asap.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone, hope you can help me.

My laptop is running vista home premium with a 64bit system.

I installed the adobe cs3 suite yesterday, and everything works except the Photoshop CS3.

So if anyone has any ideas since I've tried everything listed online as a solution.

I really need Photoshop working and this is my only computer.

Please if anyone has ANY idea, pleas share as I welcome any and all ideas.

Thanks!

A:Photoshop Cs3 Not Wokring On My Vista Running Laptop-please Help I Need This For School

System requirements and languagesNote: Adobe? Photoshop? CS3 and Photoshop CS3 Extended have the same system requirements.Windows * Intel? Pentium? 4, Intel Centrino?, Intel Xeon?, or Intel Core? Duo (or compatible) processor * Microsoft? Windows? XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista? Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions) * 512MB of RAM * 64MB of video RAM * 1GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation) * 1,024x768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card * DVD-ROM drive * QuickTime 7 software required for multimedia features * Internet or phone connection required for product activation * Broadband Internet connection required for Adobe Stock Photos* and other services

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167622/photoshop-cs3-not-wokring-on-my-vista-running-laptop-please-help-i-need-this-for-school/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I have a lenovo X250 with an SSD and touchscreen and it is great. But I have a problem where if I stay connected to my schools internet (NSWDET) (I live in Australia) for more than 2-5 minutes, my computer gets so slow to where windows explorer crashes and takes more than 3 minutes to fully restart. I'm not sure if anyone can help me as it may be just the school but best to try. Copyed this from settings:  SSID: nswdetProtocol: 802.11nSecurity type: WPA2-EnterpriseType of sign-in info: Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)Network band: 5 GHzNetwork channel: 157IPv4 address: 10.210.49.14Primary DNS suffix: detnsw.winManufacturer: Intel CorporationDescription: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265Driver version: 18.40.0.12Physical address (MAC): ?18-5E-0F-A6-9A-B4

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X250-Laptop-slow-while-connected-to-my-school-internet/td-p/3425116
Relevancy 50.31%

When i plug in my memory stick at home and My at but it isnt fine... my USB school with working works laptop, click My USB isnt working with my laptop, but at school it works fine... on computer and on removable disk it doesnt want to show me my files The program quits responding and I have to take out my memory stick Sometimes it will show me my files but it won t let me access them It will take forever to act like its loading and then it won t and quot Computer quot says it is not responding Is it my device I bought it Windows Vista compatible I dont understand why I cant get to my files After removing My USB isnt working with my laptop, but at school it works fine... the stick so my computer will go back to being responsive the program quot My computer quot will not recognize the device again I have tried My USB isnt working with my laptop, but at school it works fine... all my USB ports they do the same thing I have restarted my computer and it does the same thing I need help gt gt gt To Blind Dragon I have no pop ups I also use Norton Firewall Security gt gt gt To jobeard Windows Vista fails to uninstall USB devices on my computer Also when the program quot My computer quot freezes up u cant do anything unless u remove the USB first bc it glitches the computer nbsp

A:My USB isnt working with my laptop, but at school it works fine...

Obviously its not the device. It has something to do with your computer.

When you plug in the device just let it sit for a minute, vista should go and get the proper drivers/firmware for the device.

Watch you tray in the bottom right hand side of the screen. Does a box pop up when you plug in the device.

Do you have a firewall installed if so which one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb-isnt-working-with-my-laptop-but-at-school-it-works-fine.101883/
Relevancy 50.31%

Can anyone tell me how to transfer my 2003 Student Edition software to my laptop and does this Edition support Vista?

I currently have the 2003 Studen Edition on 2 pc's but want to take it off one and put it on a laptop?

Thanks for your help...

A:Transfer 2003 student edition to laptop

If you have the install cds then go for it. I believe the student license is good for 3 PCs anyway. If you don't have the install cd you are out of luck, you can't just move the programs from 1 PC to another.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-2003-student-edition-to-laptop.103214/
Relevancy 50.31%

I used to be able to just tap my touchpad mouse and it automatically selects things like the buttons do on a normal mouse. For some reason this has been disabled, some how, and i now have to move the cursor with my finger then use the buttons to click things instead of just tapping the touchpad hassle free. Any advice appreciated. Im guessing it will be the simplest of things to fix but im pretty much technology illiterate. Many thanks.

A:Student needing help with touchpad mouse on laptop.

hi and welcome go to start,control panel and in classic view mouse you can configure your settings from there ie pointers,tapping,gestures

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/student-needing-help-with-touchpad-mouse-on-laptop.851029/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
Thanks in advance for your help.
I cannot run PERFMON. The Resource and Performance Monitor loads but it says "an error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The system cannot find the path specified." I'm in safe mode with networking.

· OS - Windows 7 Home Premium· x64 · What was original installed OS on system? W7· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Preinstalled · Age of system (hardware) Laptop 5 years (hard disk replaced 2.5 years ago)· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Yes, 2.5 years ago when hard disk died and was replaced· CPU - Intel® Core™ i3 CPU       M 380  @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz· Video Card - DirectX 11
· System Manufacturer - Samsung· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - NP-RV511-A07AU· Laptop

A:Please help - poor student needs laptop to work on thesis :(

What is the problem with your system?  Is it just the BSOD's or do you have other problems? Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.FYI - there is a huge number of Windows Update failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.These devices have problems in Device Manager: Not Available    ROOT\WPD\0003    This device is disabled.avast! Revert    ROOT\LEGACY_ASWRVRT\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.Not Available    ROOT\WPD\0004    This device is disabled.avast! VM Monitor    ROOT\LEGACY_ASWVMM\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.Security Processor Loader Driver    ROOT\LEGACY_SPLDR\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.PS/2 Compatible Mouse    ACPI\ETD0B00\4&1B3AD2B5&0    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.Not Available    ROOT\WPD\0000    This device is disabled.Not Available    ROOT\WPD\0001    This device is disabled.Not Available    ROOT\WPD\0002    This device is disabled.Uninstall Avast, then download and install a fresh copy if it's your only antivirus (only use one antivirus at a time - they will conflict with each other).Ensure that you ahve all Windows Updates - the Security Processor Loader Driver is usually due to a missing updateIf using a USB mouse, feel free to ignore the PS/2 Compatible Mouse entry.Finally, right click on the rest of the devices and select "Uninstall", then reboot the system and re-check to see if any of the problems come back.If they do, let us know which one's Out of 10 memory dumps there were 6 different BSOD  (aka STOP or BugCheck) error codes.  The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)- missing Windows Updates- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems- low-level driver problems- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.htmlFYI - several of the memory dumps specify a hardware fault - so hardware is the prime suspect here. In the event that ALL of the diagnostics pass, run Driver Verifier just to be sure.  Please follow the instructions here:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html Analysis:The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:**************************Thu May 26 08:08:02.605... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615447/please-help-poor-student-needs-laptop-to-work-on-thesis/
Relevancy 50.31%

Sir, Recently i purchase HP Pavilion 15-ab522TX from flipkart . Seller name is WSretail . I want to claim back to student offer, Than i opened www.hpshopping.in/btc2016  Url ...But under purchase details seller name is not there ..How to claim hp student offer?? please help me. I waiting for u r reply....Please check below scrren shot.. Regards Ramrajesh    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-claim-Student-offer-while-buy-laptop-from-flipkart-WS/td-p/5652016
Relevancy 50.31%

Sir, This is Ram Rajesh from hyderabad. Recently i purchased HP Pavilion 15-ab522TX  from flipkart. I want to claim hp student offer , I am opened www.hpshopping.in/btc2016  url..In purchase details seller name is not there?? How to claim student offer?? I am purchased from WS Retail (Flipkart ) ....Please give reply for this problem??How to claim student offer??Please reply ... Regards,Ram Rajesh 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-claim-student-offer-while-purchase-hp-laptop-from/td-p/5651999
Relevancy 50.31%

"[email protected] +1-888-995-2099 for Lenovo Laptop support, fell free call us for better Lenovo laptop technical support & help. Our technician always ready to help you at any time.
lenovo thinkpad support, lenovo customer service phone number, lenovo customer care, lenovo customer support number, lenovo chat support, lenovo customer care number, lenovo help desk, lenovo customer support phone number, lenovo live chat, lenovo driver support, lenovo support center, lenovo troubleshooting, lenovo contact number, lenovo helpline, contact lenovo support
Lenovo support | +1-888-995-2099 | lenovo customer service

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/76211-lenovo-laptop-support-1-888-995-2099-lenovo-customer.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok so here is the run-down of what s going on I just typed out paragraphs describing the situation but accidentally deleted it So here is my frustrated Gateway a hardrive... new recognize laptop out!!! college won't help student recount of it all My friend a poor college student recently came across a disk read error when booting his computer Even though his BIOS detected his hard drive as a gig Western Digital it couldn t read from it I took it upon myself to hook up his hard drive to my laptop through an external enclosure and windows explorer couldn t acces it for reading writing duties I ran some file recovery software on it and all that came up were various random windows-related files I advised my friend that the hard drive was definitely shot so I ordered him a new Samsung gig considering I had found mixed reviews of the failed Western Digital hard drive online After the new one came in I installed it into his laptop without a hitch But when I went to install Vista through my own Vista ultimate Gateway laptop won't recognize new hardrive... help a college student out!!! dvd it would freeze about along the finalizing install phase he doesn t have his vista dvd from gateway When I attempted install of XP it won t even recognize a hard drive Funny thing is I tried installing Ubuntu it installs and run fine but neither me nor him have experience with Linux systems I even went as far as installing the new hard drive into my dell laptop and installing vista which went fine But once I swapped it back over into the gateway laptop the windows splash screen would come up for a second and then I would get a BSOD and a restart into a constant loop Doing a serial number search of T H I was able to come up with Gateway MX I had a suspicion that maybe there were driver issues with the gateway for the chipset but all drivers must be installed through windows Is this a driver software issue hardware issue with the new hard drive or is his laptop damaged somewhere else as well maybe the motherboard Thanks everyone for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-wont-recognize-new-hardrive-help-a-college-student-out.792517/
Relevancy 49.02%

i could really use some help, my laptop continuously freezes within 2 min of connecting to my schools public network and i also resently noticed my windows defender isnt able to start...

A:laptop freezes when connected to school network, windows defender wont start either

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below. Use a USB flash drive to download and transfer the tools to the affected machine, if necessary.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-freezes-when-connected-to-school-network-windows-defender-wont-start-either-666383.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Basically i have a DVDs. do from Recovery Lenovo Laptop Creating wont media me Laptop let Lenovo ThinkPad L laptop I've created the recovery DVDs but unbeknown to me at the time - you're only allowed to create one set What i'd like Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do is to put this onto a USB stick Currently i have DVD - Boot Media mb The boot DVD containing quot BOOT quot folder BootMgr file which is quite small amp Winre Wim at about mb DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder recovery folder amp Autorun file DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder amp recovery folder NO autorun file DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder recovery folder LenovoQDrive file qdrive icon file My USB stick is GB capacity So basically i'd like to make Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do the USB stick the recovery media I can't do this from the laptop as Lenovo only let you create one so how can i do this Can i do this would be the first question amp if so - how

A:Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do

Hi Nelly I also have an Lenovo its a different model than yous is but I can make as many copies of the recovery discs
as I want . You could make a systems image which would be a lot better than the recovery discs as with them you will always have the bloated software that comes with Lenovo models saying that you would need a lot more space than your 16gb usb drive .

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/272713-creating-lenovo-laptop-recovery-media-dvds-laptop-wont-let-me-do.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Can an .iso of the Win 7 Student download be used to "upgrade" a new laptop with the same version of Win 7, thus getting rid of unwanted programs? In other words, do a clean install using the .iso on DVD, then using the registration key from the new Win 7 laptop?

Assuming it will work, how much problem is there likely to be with drivers?

Thanks much!

A:Use Student download to "upgrade" new laptop?

If I'mreading it right you have win7 on your laptop and you want to format the drive and put win7 back on? That'll work. As far as drivers are concerned, if you already have 7 installed you would know what drivers did or didn't get installed already

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33090-use-student-download-upgrade-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi i want to down-grade my xp but when i put xp cd and then the set-up thing appears its grey-ed out i also try putting the cd when installing it when it restart " press any key to boot" i get a blue screen of death.

my model is hp hp-pavilion-elite-e9120f

i was wondering if its possible to install windows 95 or 98.

A:how to down-grade to xp??

The only way to "downgrade" from any version of Windows...is to have both a valid license and a valid means of installing XP.I correct that...I believe that some OEMs (HP, etc.) provide "downgrade" capabilities on some of the systems they have sold...but I'm not sure.Specs for Your SystemAs I look at the specs for that system, it doesn't indicate that Win 7 was originally installed.FWIW: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...c=en&dlc=enAs for installing Win 95 or Win 98...you can install either/both, as long as you have a valid CD and license/key.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318613/how-to-down-grade-to-xp/
Relevancy 42.57%

i have a think pad modem  600  window 98 the hard drive is not working. can i get hard drive to fit? can it be up graded to 2000xp

A:think pad up grade

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you can get a new hard drive...any PATA/ATA-6/IDE laptop drive will work. And yes, you can upgrade to Windows 2000, with sufficient amount of RAM (256MB, preferably more) your ThinkPad will run them just fine. A source for hard drives, one of the many...  www.zipzoomfly.com Hope this helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/think-pad-up-grade/td-p/45654
Relevancy 42.57%

i have a hp pavilion a1219h, what is the best video card i can go with and the most memory ? and is there any thing else i may need, i am a gamer.

Relevancy 42.57%

How do you or can you downgrade IE from 6.0 to 5.5 I am having a security issues that works on 5.5 and not 6.0 and I have a user who upgraded with out or advise

A:Down Grade IE

Add remove programs
Microsoft Internet explorer 6
Uninstall -roll back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/down-grade-ie-1321.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to up-grade my processor. I have a VA-503+ FIC motherboard Version 1.12JE12 Revision 1.2A with a 300hz AMDK6.2 CPU 3D technology operating at 100HZ bus speed. I have been told that I can install a 500hz AMD processor although all the information I see seems to indicate a 400hz processor is the limit. I am running Windows 98,2ED so the OS is no problem. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

A:CPU up-grade

With a bios upgrade you can go to a K62 550 or K63 500
http://www.fica.com/

Just click on tech support bios and drivers upgrades.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-up-grade.32906/
Relevancy 42.57%

I want to get new CPU. Which is the best way to go? Pentium 4(32Bit) or AMD(64Bit) Processor. Does Intel make a 64Bit Processor?

Relevancy 42.57%

DV7 / Core i7 3610 quad @ 2.30/ 8 gb ram/ win 7 Home Premium (64 bit )I would like to add (double) the ram in this machine but have never had the cover off and have no idea where the ram lives or how many sticks make up the 8 gigs it currently has. I need to speed things up with the ram upgrade and an SSD to help with my RAW photo processing. 1) What type of ram does this machine use ?2) Can I simply add more (another 8 gb stick) or do I replace the current with a 16 gb stick ?3) What is the max amount of ram this machine will use ?I'm a desktop type and have no clue what goes on inside a laptop. Thanks in advance. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ram up grade

According to official specs you have 2 x 4 gigs to equal 8.  specs Here is the Manual: Service Manual See page 53. The memory is inside the big T shaped cover on the bottom of the laptop. It can take up to 16 gigs of memory, 2 x 8 gig modules of this stuff: 8-GB memory module (PC3, 12800, 1600-MHz) 670034-001 http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-PC3-12800-Notebooks-KTH-X3C-8G/dp/B0089MTP0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461606849&sr=8-1&keywords=670034-001 Memory prices are down again so this is a good time to buy. I tell most people to forget the 8 gigs to 16 gigs upgrade as most computer users do not need 16 gigs of RAM but processing RAW images to .jpgs or other format is an exception to that: you need all the memory and help you can get.  An SSD is also a good idea. Your laptop can actually take 2 hard drives. I could write a book on the options that gives you and how to go about it, and I will if you post back and ask questions.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ram-up-grade/td-p/5597840
Relevancy 42.14%

I currently have a Intel P4 Cpu 1.70ghz 256 RAM Radeon Fsc and 37.2 gb. I've used up about 11.4 gbz. I've been thinking about getting an upgrade, and i don't know really much about computers, so if someone can help me out with what to upgrade and what to leave i'd appreciate it. I just want more space on my computer and i want it to run faster than it's running now.

Thank you.

A:Need to up grade my computer

What do you mainly use the computer for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-up-grade-my-computer.433112/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently installed Windows XP. But some softwares don't even run on the windows.

I am trying to go back to Win 98SE.
But Win XP wouldn't let me do so.

Is anyone know how to formart hard drive in Windows XP?

Or

Is anyone know how to install Windows 98 from Windows XP operation installed computer?

A:Down grade from Win XP to Win 98SE

huh? why wouldn't the programs work, you should try the compatibility modes for XP, they work for most of the stuff out there. But if you insist on going back to 98. boot up to DOS and type: format C: (assuming your windows is installed on C: ). that will delete everythng on the C: partition so back up the stuff you want to keep before doing it. and BTW, XP is WAY better than 98 in my opion, but that's just me... Anyways, good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/down-grade-from-win-xp-to-win-98se.186468/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have a lap top Sony Vaio VGN-N31M/W and I've made a down grade from Vista to XP, and I've found all drivers for XP. Everything's working well except the CD ROM which is having some clics and pops while reading audio CDs. Does anyone could helpme please?

A:Down grade from W.Vista to XP

ddi you download the cd/audio xp drivers from sony?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/down-grade-from-w-vista-to-xp-203160.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Now that I am running XP exclusively will I notice the difference if I add another 128mb to the existing 512mb?
I always held it down to 512mb because of dual-booting with WinMe.

A:Memory Up-grade?

you will see a lil diffrence pherhaps in games and huge applications. But overall not worth it. On the other hand if you added another 512MB you'll see a huge diffrence
esspecially if it's DDR PC-3200 (400mhz)

Cheers
John

The Computer Wiz Himself!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-up-grade.189650/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

I have a AMD duron 700 Mhz processor with 100 PBS. Is it easy to upgrade the processor to a AMD Athlon 1000 Processor? Would it be worth the upgrade or leave as is as they say if it's not broke don't fix it.

Thanks Jeff

A:Processor up grade

Not enough nfo. Depends on your system mobo 4 1 thing. Give the rundown of your present setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-up-grade.212819/
Relevancy 42.14%

So do you splurge on CPU Cooler? Or are bottom-of-the-basement ones good enough for you?

I just got OCZ Vendetta CPU Cooler, only $0 bucks,and $30 before, lol.

So do you buy premium CPU Coolers? What about ones with premium grade?

A:What grade of CPU Cooler do you use?

Looks like a good deal.
I generally get aftermarket CPU coolers as the stock cooler is average at best, pi55 poor at worst.
If you are planning on not overclocking then the stock cooler will be ok. It's effective.
Overclocking then an aftermarket cooler is probably mandatory. I generally overclock so good cooling is a must, although I usually buy and sell CPU's of the same model until I find one that will overclock 25+% without any increase in voltage. Those are keepers and indicate that the CPU will overclock 40-50% while remaining within the manufacturers recommended voltage range thus preserving the warranty and it's lifespan.
The more voltage the better the cooling (CPU, chipset and chassis) needs to be.
No overclocking - stock cooler is fine unless you're looking for bling.
Mild overclock : <40% core frequency increase or <4-5% increase in Vcore -better air cooler
needed
Big overclock - bigger increases than above- Use watercooling and/or Thermoelectric cooling (TEC, also known as Peltier).

(numbers quoted are for Intel CPU's. My knowledge of OC'ing AMD CPU's is fairly limited)

CPU productivity drops off rapidly after 3.6GHz clock speed. Very few programs benefit from running a CPU past this speed, and none scale linearly- a case of diminishing returns.

As for aftermarket air coolers, tower heatpipe coolers generally give better performance than top down coolers but both are dependent upon the fan/s moving the air through the heatpipes and plates.
Good cooler + crap fan = average cooler
Crap cooler + good fan = average cooler

A fairly comprehensive table of contemporary air coolers here (Intel)
and here (AMD)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-grade-of-cpu-cooler-do-you-use.142267/
Relevancy 42.14%

Strange thing happening when agv ck's the email down load

typing is messed up .. on what ever project I;m working on.

seems the flashing bar.. goes backward and then .. my typing is messed up
( and I don t need any help with that ! )

wonder if any one else experiences this..
or
know's how to fix it..

deb

Relevancy 42.14%

i want to make a dream my since 3rd grade computer tower that will mount on the wall my dream since 3rd grade i have ideas of the layout i want the goodies in it i want blah blah blah but i am unsure of a few tech things mostly power i will use the same componets as you would a normal case off the shelf power supply i have a thermaltake w laying around first off its about or years old my dream since 3rd grade is it possible it dosent have the connections neccisary for a core duo system well anyway i will have the power supply mounted towards the bottom rear facing down the mobo will be centered with it only foot up toward the top im trying to decide wether to do the backbone everything mounts to out of metal or acrylic im unsure if the board grounds through the case or through the psu harness metal is cheaper and i could paint it for the effect i want of course i would use risers just like a normal case wouldnt want to short out my new board now the board aside everything will have normal mounts im thinking shelving brakets for the cd s and hard drives will it hurt the hard drives if they are facing up looking at the top while it is on the wall my sisters emachine has a drive mounted like that so i think it may work im thinkin gb raptors the dvd drives i am looking into sata drives becuase i dont think i can make a inch ribbon cable work whereas inch satas would work great are sata burners hard to work with or what ive only dealt with one sata hdd before im thinkin of having them mounted toward the lower corners are they only allowed to lay one way or can i have them oppisite left side button down right side button up i want to make this hing glow being clear and all i want to do my own wiring so it looks cleaner can i run or so cathode tubes off power supply cord i would like to make a harness for these lights that run around the back plate but plug into the power supply cord which would be shortened to maybe inches i still want it to come apart as easy as a normal box im just concerned with the power i wont attempt it if it wont ground properly or somthing but the other stuff i can work around i will post a pic in a few so you can see what im saying i wasnt going to because i dont want my design stolen lol nbsp

A:my dream since 3rd grade

the main concern I would have with your design is heat build-up. You'll have to make sure there is a good cooling system in anything you design since one side will always be insulated by the wall it's hanging on.

Sounds like a cool idea however. Me, I want to make a tower out of Lego.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dream-since-3rd-grade.78018/
Relevancy 42.14%

Im wanting to upgrade my mobo and cpu! Swapping out the hardware I don't think I'll have any problem with but I don't know any thing about bios, jumpers or settings or anything else except the actual insalling of the hardware

A:up grade mobo

Right off the bat the only jumpers you will need to worry about will be for the cpu setup. Just set them per the manual to the correct settings for you specific cpu.

All decent motherboards come with a manual that will explain all the motherboard features, options, and jumper settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/up-grade-mobo.70146/
Relevancy 42.14%

I added a 256k stick to my hp a100y Pavillion to double the RAM. When I buttoned every thing up,would not power up. If the stick was not compatable, what is it likely to damage? The LED in the back was blinking. I disconnected the board and the power led glows solid as is normal.

A:Up grade problem

More than 40 looks and not one reply. Must have been a tough one. I Solved it by buying a used tower much faster than the one I had. Thanks any way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/up-grade-problem.877278/
Relevancy 42.14%

My girl friend has 16 bit computer and i like to upgrade to a 32 or 64 bit computer ok . It had a 95 version on it and how to down load it successful. I would like to know any answer asp

thank you tech support guy ok

A:Can i up grade a 16 bit computer

Really need a bit more information about your computer:

If, by 16 Bit you are referring to the hardware bus of the motherboard, then it is an ISA slot motherboard, and you really cannnot upgrade that without swapping out the motherboard. Likewise, all the peripheral cards would need to be replaced. In short, by the time you are finished, you would essentially be building a new computer. Easier probably, and less expensive to purchase a newer one.

On the other hand, if you are talking about the Operating system, that is a different case. It would depend on hold old the system is, what you are currently running on it ( is that Windows 95? if so, that is a 32 bit system), the installed programs, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-up-grade-a-16-bit-computer.73174/
Relevancy 42.14%

My son and I both have Dell 720. W have been changing out video cards and trying the sli thing. It have been fun I was running a dual core 2.4 quad. He was running a 3.0 dual core. We both a 2.66 dual core extreme. He put his in first and started getting a warning about the windows media player. Now his media player will not work. Last night I installed my new cpu and I get the same warning. What dose the cpu have to don with the media player and media center? and how do we fix It.

A:Solved: Cpu up grade

I forgot to say that we are running vista 32 home premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cpu-up-grade.748700/
Relevancy 42.14%

You guys XP from S.P.1 wont grade S.P.2 up to were so helpful with my last problem I'm back with a new one I'm trying to up-grade S P to S P it's getting about of the way threw the install and then an error pops up saying access denied The first time I ran the installer I had the screen resolutions to small and couldn't read what the exact error was I could make out it was some file that is XP wont up grade from S.P.1 to S.P.2 in S P that it needs to up-grade but I could not read which file it was I tried installing it a second time after changing the resolution but the file name did not come up just the access denied I'll run it again to see if I can get the file name I also have the S P up-grade and it gave me the same error if I knew it wouldn't show the file name again I would have changed the resolution right there and then or strained my eyes to read it

A:XP wont up grade from S.P.1 to S.P.2

you probably need to find all the temp files for sp2 and delete them before you can install again. try running ccleaner and do a search for sp2 in start menu and delete what it finds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-up-grade-from-s-p-1-to-s-p-2-a-459169.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi chaps i have a question that i hope some one may able to help me with,

i have a ASUS, A7VI-VM, pro savage KM 133 chipset, jumper free PC 133/vc133 200mhz fsb socket A MB,

like i said i would like to up grate it, whats the fastest processor i can put in it?
any help would be great thanks later....