Windows Support Forum

After hard reset the screen stays black

Q: After hard reset the screen stays black

After hard reset the computer will not boot up just has black screen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/After-hard-reset-the-screen-stays-black/td-p/5638215
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: After hard reset the screen stays black

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.41%

New HP envy x360 Model No. 15-x107ne has a problem of black screen.  As I understand this problem can be solve by hard  reset. So can anybody tell me the button combinatin to be pressed to get the screen back

A:hard reset for black screen

Hard reset instructions: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 Not guaranteed to work for you but worth a shot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-reset-for-black-screen/td-p/5577888
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I was hoping maybe somebody could help me with this laptop. The issue I'm having is most of the time when I walk away from it and leave it on, upon returning the screen is just black, the computer is running but there is no response on the keyboard or mouse, which requires a hard shutdown and a restart. It then says it was not shut down properly, I start it up, and it runs fine until the next time I walk away and it does this freeze thing. I also want to note that it does not always do this, sometimes it sleeps like it should, but the problem is increasing in frequency.

A:Laptop screen goes black, requiring hard reset

No I have had this before its the drivers, the video card is going out, anything? Nobody on this forum has seen a laptop that would keep running but freeze on a black screen after going idle?

Take a guess!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262272-laptop-screen-goes-black-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello So my Toshiba Satellite L D-S running Windows Ultimate -bit has been having random crashes that require a hard reset and I cannot figure out why And as hard requiring screen black crashes reset Random to of today the crashes have progressed to just appearing as though there was no battery and I pulled the plug on the laptop It happens completely out of the blue and I can be doing anything from browsing YouTube to gaming or Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset just leave the laptop idle and it will still crash While gaming the CPU rarely reaches C before I crash and I have tried two different batteries and power supplies original ones the came with the laptop and ones I purchased from the company as extras a few months after receiving the laptop with no difference I have also tested four separate RAM sticks two gb and two gb and the same crashing still occurs Any insight as to why my laptop keeps crashing Thank you Joshdog My Specs Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD K nm Technology GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - TOSHIBA NALAE Socket M S G Generic Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Toshiba GB TOSHIBA MQ ABD SATA Disk Device SATA C HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N SATA CdRom Device Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashes-to-black-screen-requiring-hard-reset-1011418.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Windows Professional x Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA playing reset Black Diablo required. while 3, screen Hard BSOD. no W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required. Gb s Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required. quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD -B LGA Intel Z SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG- W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Certified CrossFire Certified PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD G SKILL Sniper GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBSR Computer is about months old Game worked fine for the beta and even for a week or two after launch Randomly not on a patch day the game started crashing Now it crashes after or minutes in the game almost every time I've followed all the regular troubleshooting steps see Battle net thread here At first I didn't see any error logs but the Action Center came up today with a bunch of errors looking like this I included the recommended error files the dump files from the error in the above screenshot and the perfmon report It's worth mentioning that I tried it also in my Windows installation only to encounter the same problem I'm hoping someone with more experience dissecting these logs can help me out Please let me know if you require any additional information

A:Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required.

VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED (117)
The display driver failed to respond in timely fashion.

atikmpag.sys - AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver from Advanced Micro Devices
Timestamp: Tue May 22 20:08:40 2012

It appears a recently installed AMD driver is causing a fault with the DX driver; However, a TDR can be caused by your video card overheating. Use a temperature monitoring utility such as HWinfo64 to check the system temperatures. If you are overclocking the card, STOP overclocking until the problem is located.

Forgot to mention: Report back on your system temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234345-black-screen-while-playing-diablo-3-no-bsod-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Before I post the information here is the jyst of things Whenever I play -certain- games my computer display will suddenly go black and my monitor will flash with quot HDMI No Signal quot Information Sudden and dump Screen - Needs inside Black Reset Hard The system is completely unresponsive to any keystrokes If I repeatedly press ctrl alt delete or alt tab repeatedly a loud buzzing noise will begin sound off through my headset Some of the games I Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside experience this issue in are Evil Genius Guild Wars Age of Mythology Medieval Total War Yet Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside games such as Crysis Empire Total War Metro etc I can run on max settings and never experience this issue I do not experience blue screens but windows occasionally thinks it does This is what I received moments ago Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Windows Temp WER- - sysdata xml Can anyone help me pinpoint what may be causing this issue I'll attach everything grabbed by the SF Diagnostic Tool as well Thank you for your time

A:Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside

Hello Jagblade.
It is caused by Razer Lycosa/Razer Tarantula Keyboard Driver. Older versions have BSOD issues with Win7.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Lycosa.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Lycosa.sys
Probably caused by : Lycosa.sys ( Lycosa+1c23 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And the driver is old enough.

Code:
5: kd> lmvm Lycosa
start end module name
fffff880`0a61d000 fffff880`0a624100 Lycosa T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Lycosa.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Lycosa.sys
Image name: Lycosa.sys
Timestamp: Wed Sep 08 08:31:26 2010 (4C86FC86)
CheckSum: 0001462D
ImageSize: 00007100
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view

Also do some general USB maintenance. For the port, first, uninstall and reinstall the USB ports drivers.
Right click on Computer icon > manage. It will open the computer management window.
Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, it will list all installed devices up.
Expand "USB Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Click on one item to select, then right click and uninstall.
Do the same for all.
Restart the computer.
At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate drivers.
And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

For the devices, first, detach all the USB devices other than the keyboard and mouse.
Then, Update the drivers for them all, including the keyboard and mouse, if any third party drivers are installed for them.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Uninstall AVG using AVG Remover. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download and install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274471-sudden-black-screen-needs-hard-reset-information-dump-inside.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello there So as the title says I'm having some problems with my computer I bought it about weeks ago Goes Stays Black BlueScreen MMO's. and playing Screen Black, Restarts and no issues with it other than when I try to play an MMO that would make the graphics card work The graphics card that is installed in the computer was separately bought and installed so I'm thinking it might be conflict issues with the card but I don't know The way it happens is I run the games I can play for anything from a minute to mins and then my screen says it has disconnected from the image goes black and I can hear my computer restart but my screen stays black I have to manually power off and back on for my screen to start showing images again Once restarted i get the quot Problem Event Name Bluescreen quot thing It's really annoying since I just bought GW and I can't play properly any help would be appreciated Also in the Action Center it's said that my Nvidia Graphics Card has stopped working or crashed multiple times naming the exact times my computer crashed which is why I believe it has to do with my card

A:BlueScreen playing MMO's. Screen Goes Black, Restarts and Stays Black

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf0e010, fffff88010aee630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 19:21:13 2012 (506B3099)
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates (may have to install a older driver) for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX API:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265537-bluescreen-playing-mmos-screen-goes-black-restarts-stays-black.html
Relevancy 71.81%

my screen stays black and shows the mouse icon and won't load my home screen?

A:my home screen won't load up my screen stays black and shows the mouse

Hello,

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode. Start your computer in safe mode

If successfully able to boot into Safe Mode try running a System Restore back to a date when it was working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-home-screen-wont-load-up-my-screen-stays-black-and-shows-the-mouse-684158.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everybody today my laptop has become blind Let me explain My laptop was purchased in Specs Alienware screen windows logs startup black. stays on screen, but Garbled m Dual nvidia go Dual core gigs of ram gb harddrive So here's what happened today I Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. was watch s movie on netflix when suddenly my screen goes black Though I had crashed but my laptop was still on and the sound was still going restarted and the initial screen was slightly pixellated and garbled Which has now made my Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. laptop permanent garbled and pixely After the windows logo My screen goes black but I am still hear the windows start up sound Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. I found that I am able to click on some music files on my desktop that are able to play so this is a video issue I reboot in safe mode which works this time figure to disable and uninstall the videocard drivers I restart and I'm able to use my pc somewhat normally still garbled Reinstalled the nvidia drivers then halfway through says error install failed or something it happen really fast then crashed tried restarting atleast times in safe mode but it freezes up after it tries to load partition windows system drivers mup sys All of the other options for start up even last settings to work the screen goes black after the windows logo I have tried tinkering with the bios but it doesn't help Its basically being blind using a computer So I'm wondering if there is anyway to possibly blindly open up command prompt and possibly disable or uninstall the drivers from there I'm about sure that the drivers are just corrupt because they were not able to finish and removing them would do the trick I know this is kinda long but I would greatly appreciate any help or input Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/garbled-startup-screen-windows-logs-on-but-screen-stays-black-565214.html
Relevancy 71.81%

hey i have just been given a computer and when given was working but would freeze nearly all the time, so i formatted it and it still froze alonmg the way, i have just recently changed the ram and it has not work so i put the old stick back in and it wont work at all now, the screen just stays black, please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-stays-black-will-not-go-on.70834/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an Asus Eee PC that I got last year for my birthday It has Windows as the operating system When I turn to computer on it seems to be working normal When it comes time to log into a user profile and I click on the administrator profile which is the one I use and type in the password Screen Black Stays Computer The computer logs onto the profile but the screen stays completely black I can still hear the computer running but the screen doesn t change This has happened before but the toolbar was always Computer Screen Stays Black visible at the bottom of the screen and now Computer Screen Stays Black it s not The only thing I can do with the screen black is type in Ctrl Alt and Delete to get the menu Nothing on the menu seems to be helping with the issue I decided that I better see if the same thing was happening with my guest profile too When I logged into my guest profile everything is working fine and that s what I m on right now However the administrator profile has all my documents that I need for school and work so factory resetting or the possibly of wiping the computer isn t really an option Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Computer Screen Stays Black

Is explorer.exe running when you look at the processes?
If it is, end the process.
Next press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up Task Manager, and then go to File \ New Task (Run) and type in explorer into the run box.
Does your desktop appear?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-screen-stays-black.1142846/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi My computer was running fine and then suddenly the screen went black nbsp I turned the power off and on and it came up on screen black stays Options with error message Unmountable Boot Volume and then tried to fix the problem but it just stayed on the black screen and never fixed the problem nbsp I turned it off done the hard reset where I take out stays on black screen Options the battery and hold the power button for fifteen seconds but it is still the same nbsp I have gone into the mode where I can try to restore the computer but it does not allow me to do that It say's it is restoring and then just stays black nbsp nbsp I have also ran a report where it says the problem stays on black screen Options is Hard drive Short DST Check Failed and gave me a code of SNHWW- stays on black screen Options N K-MFPWMG- WF nbsp If there is anything that can be done to help me I would really appreciate it as I use this laptop for work and really need to get it back up and running urgently with minimal cost nbsp Many thanks for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/stays-on-black-screen-Options/td-p/5748404
Relevancy 70.95%

So my computer has had this as a recurring problem for about a year now After suffering some form of trauma a small child running into someone tripping over it etc my computer screen will turn a solid color usually gray or blue After shutting it down the monitor all at black Screen stays times turns black and attempting to boot up the computer causes the monitor to stay black though the fans in Screen stays black at all times the case turn Screen stays black at all times on and machine makes various clicks and whirs Every time this has happened in the past I have gone into the case disconnected all outside cables the video card the battery on the motherboard and occasionally other things as well sort of haphazardly I let the thing sit for a while and then plugged everything back in and after maybe one or two iterations of this process the thing eventually booted up After it s most recent trauma having a laptop dropped on it it hasn t booted up properly after several unplug-and-replug-everything routines The fans still start up like before but I haven t been able to get video to work I have tried disconnecting the video card and plugging the monitor into the built in graphics on the motherboard but that still didn t work While quot on quot I tried pressing various quot locks quot on the keyboard and found that numlock caused a light to light up but neither caps nor scroll lock did I don t know if this means anything but I figured I d throw it out there No sounds are emitted by the speakers but I don t know that any are normally on bootup I attempted to blindly enter my password an log in but this elicited no change or sound from the speakers I recently rebuilt my computer and the only thing that re still really old in the case are the power supply and one of the two hard drives which are five years old came with the original case Could this problem possibly be rooted in the power supply I am thinking about replacing it anyway as I want a new case with better airflow Parts Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G M- L Graphics Card KFA Nvidia GeForce GT PCIE x Kingston KVR D N G GB MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM Dell HP - P FW Power Supply w v DC A Nidec TA DC Cooling Fan v DC A Intel DTC-AAM CPU Fan Intel Celeron Dual-Core E Western Digital WD JD - HBB Western Digital WD YR - PLB nbsp

A:Screen stays black at all times

Yes replace the old power supply and back up everything important to you. Get those old hard drives replaced ASAP. They are slowing your system down at the very least

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-stays-black-at-all-times.128967/
Relevancy 70.95%

After the screensaver automatically turns off the display after after Screen screensaver black stays minutes the screen STAYS black no matter what I do it won t turn back on I have Screen stays black after screensaver pressed buttons on the keyboard mouse and turned the display on and off I have to hard Screen stays black after screensaver reset my computer it sucks man What is going on I looked in Screen stays black after screensaver the power options and sleep is on never and turn off hard disk is on never I was looking for hypernation but I couldn t find it anywhere I deleted my hybernation files a while back because they were taking up space and I never had used it This has just started fairly recent when I got my new video card eVGA GTX MB it started doing it but that is around the same time I deleted my hybernation files that is why I suspect it but I can t find anywhere to enable or disable it I checked in power settings under advanced and it isn t there I have Windows Vista Home Premium bit What s going on I need help this is driving me nuts I am hard resetting my computer almost every day because of this I don t want to shut off automatic display shutoff because my Acer X W monitor gets hot and I like it to cool down when the screen gets shut off In the past I had this same model of monitor burn up on me don t know why but I suspect heat This thing gets really warm after a couple hours They sent me a new one for free then but my warranty is up now Help please Thanks Bushpilot nbsp

A:Screen stays black after screensaver

I would have to agree that deleting your hybernation files is probably the cause. Since they are only needed if you allow your computer to hibernate, there must be another step to shutting it off. It does seem like you checked the right places though. I would assume it would be in your power settings.

You might want to check you BIOS though. If it's disabled there, I'd think you'd be ok.

GL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-stays-black-after-screensaver.790695/
Relevancy 70.95%

I just reformatted and installed Vista Ultimate x86. Whenever I shutdown my lappy via the start menu or press the power to do so, vista appears to be shutting down as the open windows close, but then my screen goes black and the power light, wlan, and bluetooth lights remain on. Those indicate the laptop is still running and to completely turn it off I have to hard-shut it by pressing and holding the power button.
I have a ASUS Lmaborghini VX2S for reference.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/169424-screen-goes-black-pc-stays-when-i-shutdown.html
Relevancy 70.95%

months ago my HDD IDE died because of quot the click of death screen Stays black forever! in quot thingy and now recovers itself its kinda weird the windows starts normally i couldn't hear any clicks from my HDD anymore but after a few days when i restarted my PC properly i Stays in black screen forever! restarted it from the quot start menu quot here goes the Stays in black screen forever! quot new Stays in black screen forever! quot problem i restarted my pc my system info appears the RAM and the video card thingy then the ASUS motherboard logo appears and after that a blinking underscore appears in a black screen after a few seconds the quot blinking underscore quot finally disappeared BUT my screen remains in blank and black and stays there forever it didn't even reach the windows loading screen I did tried to disconnect and connect my cables from the motherboard i even tried to disconnect and connect my HDD from the motherboard and did the same with my video card and RAM but it didn't solve the problem WHAT IS REALLY THE PROBLEM IS IT THE WINDOWS OR MY HDD BTW EITHER OF THE TWO SAFE MODES ARE FREEZING WHEN I HIT quot ENTER quot I'VE ALREADY CHECKED THE BIOS BUT IT SEEMS IT DETECTS ALL OF MY HARDWARE any help will be appreciated thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stays-in-black-screen-forever-423979.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey,

Iv just installed a new CPU into my vista PC and now my screen says black. The PC sounds as if it is loading up like usual but my PC screen stays off as if my PC was off.

I even turned my screen off and on again but said it wasnt reciving a signal.

What should I do?

Thanks,
James.

Relevancy 70.95%

OK. So my laptop doesn't start. It just blinks 3 times (1 long and 2 short). The whole laptop is shut down and doesn't start.message edited by blacklakk

A:screen stays black and i don't hear anything

"It just blinks 3 times (1 long and 2 short)"You'll need to post more information than that if you want advice on what to do.What blinks? The screen? One of the lights?Do you mean it blinks or it makes beep noises?Make & model?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/screen-stays-black-and-i-dont-hear-anything/1516.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I got a new graphics card today (GTS 450) and I slotted it in, when I start it up the screen stays black, however, if I leave it for 20 seconds or so I can hear the windows start up sound.. I know my screen isnt gone because I've connected it to my laptop and it works fine. I have the Blue and White cable plugged in my monitor and my computer and still nothing, thanks.

A:Computer screen stays black

Do you get any signs of "life" (like the BIOS Info screen etc)
If so it's probably a driver issue (did you remove the old drivers before the switch) ?

If not, there are IMHO only 5 possibilities:
#1 The card wasn't seated properly -- reseat it
#2 The card draws more power than your PSU can handle -- get a better PSU
#3 you forgot to connect the extra power cable --connect it
#4 you bend one or more pins in the video cable -- replace
#5 The card is defective -- RMA

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150471-computer-screen-stays-black.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Yo Well here s my problem I ve recently upgraded my but fans on, screen come stays All black. Graphics card Ram and Motherboard and whenever I switch the power on all the fans start up but nothing appears on the screen I unfortunately have no other DDR ram PCIE cards or a motherboard that TAKES PCIE gt lt So I can t test any of the components on their own plus the motherboard has no on-board graphics I ve had a look at the POST guide and nothing from there appears to work I ve also tried disconnecting everything except the ram graphs card and CPU but again no change Could it be that my Ram is faulty incompatable Fauly Graphics card I know my CPU works All fans come on, but screen stays black. because I ve tried it in another computer and it runs fine Any help would be appreciated It might take me a while to reply sorry if that s the case Specs MotherBoard Asus P B SE LGA intel P ICH Intel Core Quad-core CPU FSB Dual-ch DDR x SATA Gb s Gb lan -ch HD audio crash-free BIOS EZFlash Q-fan PSU EZCool ATX- JSP W CPU Intel P Ghz Ram LD Gb PC- c GB DDR PC - DIMM PIN Mhz Graphics card ATI Radion Para-Souls x PCIE mb BIT DDR nbsp

A:All fans come on, but screen stays black.

HDD seems to be active, and the drive reads the disk. I tried clearing the CMOS, no luck. Sorry, RMA?

Also, I have a 20 to 24 pin extention on my PSU, would that effect it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-fans-come-on-but-screen-stays-black.102011/
Relevancy 70.95%

I've had this before but can't remember what I did to stop it
It Is exactly like you pull the dvi/hdmi lead out of monitor/gpu everything still working i.e. if playing video on youtube it carries on playing just no picture.
I think it was something to do with Intel's built in gpu, but I have disabled it everywhere I can think of bios, device manager etc.
Can anyone through some light on this please as it's startingto annoy me now

My rig specs in sig.

A:Random black screen, rig stays on !!

When does this occur? At random? Only when videos/games are playing? Also, what is the exact behavior? Is the monitor giving off behavior as if it has lost its video source, like an error saying the source was lost or it is switching through different connections to find one? Can you tell if your system is locked up, or if it's still accepting your input? The best way to determine thsi is to have the display lost when playing a video, then pressing a key to stop/start playback.

If the monitor is acting like it's not connected to the PC, then it can be a bad video port on your card, a bad/loose video cable, or the monitor itself has a bad port or is just plain bad. You will want to start with potential physical suspects before dabbling with software. Have you tried actually running the video through your onboard video (make sure to enable it and stuff of course) instead of your graphics card and see if that worked?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243035-random-black-screen-rig-stays.html
Relevancy 70.95%

hello this is ecobill i am new in black Screen stays Monitor the neighborhood I know a little about computers enough to be dangerous so I need help once in while Whenever I have trouble it is never the normal problems Because I lost the printer drivers and USB drivers on my present Monitor Screen stays black computer when I updated to XP Service pack and I have been able to install them from any locaton I have received a used but more updated computer I was told it worked but there was no rack for the hard drives that matched the screw holes I adapted an old rack and when I turn on the Monitor Screen stays black power with Monitor Screen stays black the monitor attached there is nothing but a black screen The power supply appears Ok because some of the lights come on the hard drive is running and the fans come on the motherboard and video card The monitor is OK because I used it on another older computer Also when I just unplug the monitor from the video card the screen comes on I tried another older video card in one of the shorter card slots but it did work either Any ideas out there Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor Screen stays black

Monitor stays black

I don't know how to reset the cmos unless you mean to pull the battery. I don't know about the BIOS bus for the video (I can't see any BIOS) settings. I removed the original AGP video card that I thought might be a problem and I put an older working video card (Trident) in another PCI slot and this made no difference. I pulled the RAM chips to clean the connections and reset all cables. I disconnected the CD drive, the floppy drive, and later the hard drive after checking each situation indiviudally, but this made no difference.

Another problem (may be related) is the on-off switch does not control anything. I have to use the toggle switch in the back. I checked the wire connection from the switch to the motherboard (Intel D845BG) and it looked OK.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-stays-black.100116/
Relevancy 70.95%

Ok so about a month back my lcd just stopped working. It has a lit background but it stays black. I called hp and they had me do some troubleshooting but it didn't work and they said my display was no good anymore so we left it there (I didnt want to pay all that money to fix it). About 3 days after that it magically worked again but one day it seemed like it was trying to go out again the picture got real grainy for a second then it went back to normal. Now I'm back where I started. I've tried everything, when I hook up an external monitor it works so it has so be lcd related. Any help/advice??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-zxseries-lcd-screen-stays-black.51095/
Relevancy 70.09%

I was attempting to watch a pornographic video that I searched for on google and the video would not play Instead it prompted me to update my flash player Me being the genious that I am I downloaded flash player hd v exe Immediately after I downloaded it nothing happened and the video still did not play That's when I knew I was screwed Apparently this has caused other people problems as well I got this info from a google search so it may be unreliable A couple of days after this happened for some reason I ignored the problem Mcafee did an update that required a restart After the restart my computer stayed on the black screen with the loading bar that says microsoft corporation beneath it for longer welcome screen. the Windows freezes/stays black before than usual and went black I Windows freezes/stays black before the welcome screen. waited for a while and it stayed black I Windows freezes/stays black before the welcome screen. then rebooted in safe mode with networking and tried to Windows freezes/stays black before the welcome screen. search for a solution I frantically made several assumptions one of which was that Mcafee was the problem so I uninstalled it A couple of sites recommended Malwarebyte's anti malware I scanned my computer it took about an hour and a half and it came up with three problems I clicked fix or something I can't remember and it quarantined them I then restarted and experienced the exact same irritating black screen I can only operate in safe mode Any help would be much appreciated Note I ran root repeal several times and it never made it through a full scan dds txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by El Scorcho Amigo at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Users El Scorcho Amigo Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www g tv com uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast mStart Page hxxp www comcast net mDefault Page URL hxxp www toshibadirect com dpdstart mWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast uURLSearchHooks SearchSettings Class e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d - c program files search settings kb SearchSettings dll uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO SearchSettings Class e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d - c program files search settings kb SearchSettings dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB E C F -A A- F C- FEC-FD DC A F - No File uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRun Aim uRun SansaDispatch c users el scorcho amigo appdata roaming sandisk sansa updater SansaDispatc... Read more

A:Windows freezes/stays black before the welcome screen.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266097/windows-freezesstays-black-before-the-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello, I am working on a toshiba labtop

When I press the power button, the power light comes on, led indicator light comes on for power and battery charging comes on. The cd rom fires up, the cpu fan fires up. The screen stays black, The hard-drive led indicator stays off and the hard drive does not spin up. I have tried to reseat the memory and reseat the hard-drive. I have pulled the battery and held the power button without the the ac adapter hooked up for 60 secs, still nothing, hooked up to external monitor and still nothing. Any tips to try to figure this out?

A:Labtop not coming on screen stays black

First of all, its a LAPtop, not a LABtop, and secondly, I believe the problem could be the motherboard, although Im not sure because many things can cause something like this. Try some different memory in it, that would be the easiest option and if that doesnt work, it is most likely the video card. And the video card is very difficult to replace on laptops.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/labtop-not-coming-on-screen-stays-black.1043277/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys

Has anyone got any suggestions to a laptop which boots normal with LEDs on and fan and hard drive starting up but the screen remains black with no light at all...

I am told that it could be the onboard graphics which is gone meaning the motherboard needs replacing.
Can anyone confirm that at all?
Unfortunately it is an out of warranty laptop.

Many thanks

this is an Acer Aspire lpatop with Win XP Pro

A:Laptop boots but screen stays black

Shine a strong light on the screen when the computer completes its boot up. If you can faintly see the desktop and icons. You may have a bad backlight lamp in the LCD panel or a bad DC-AC inverter that drives the lamp. Both can be replaced. Replacing the lamp inside the LCD panel can be a delicate operation if you attempt it yourself. The DC-AC inverter board is a separate assembly that can be readily replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-boots-but-screen-stays-black.846968/
Relevancy 70.09%

My computer was running fine and then suddenly the screen went black nbsp I turned the power off and on and it came on up Laptop screen boot will stays - not black up Laptop will not boot up - stays on black screen with error message Unmountable Boot Volume and then tried to fix the problem but it just stayed on the black screen and never fixed the Laptop will not boot up - stays on black screen problem nbsp I turned it off done the hard reset where I take out the battery and hold the power button for fifteen seconds but it is still the same nbsp Laptop will not boot up - stays on black screen I have gone into the mode where I can try to restore the computer but it does not allow me to do that It say's it is restoring and then just stays black nbsp nbsp I have also ran a report where it says the problem is Hard drive Short DST Check Failed and gave me a code of SNHWW- N K-MFPWMG- WF nbsp If there is anything that can be done to help me I would really appreciate it as I use this laptop for work and really need to get it back up and running urgently with minimal cost nbsp Many thanks for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-will-not-boot-up-stays-on-black-screen/td-p/5745414
Relevancy 70.09%

Here is what I have A Samsung g hard drive as master a Seagate g as a slave A Sound blaster Live CT model sound card A d-link wireless wda AN asus AS F P T-E motherboard mb Samsung RAM sticks and An ATI radeon LE m DDR graphic card Ribbon cables My problem when I turn on the PC a few things happen It asks then if I want to boot from safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt to try to restore to last known settings or to start windows normally I help, with I need white stays PC black my line at screen already chose all these options When I do any of these things the screen shows a white bar It fills up to the end and Then nothing after that When I chose the continue normally prompt I took a -minute shower I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line and returned Still nothing At that point I think that it should have advanced into another screen or something I am not sure what is on the master drive as it was given to me but i know that it worked I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line at one point I would be open to any suggestions that don t involve paying extra money I know that there is some way to make it work-with some help from smart people Also i have two extra hard drives one is a g WD hd and one is a g WD -Thank you for reading Bamabeast nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Gateway NE71B laptop, had for about 2 years. One day the laptop screen wouldn't turn on, but it would connect to the tv VIA HDMI. Just the other day the laptop couldn't connect to the tv via HDMI anymore. I tried taking the battery out and restarting it, but it still wouldn work. I have a serious problem and I need help! (WINDOWS 8)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-ne71b-screen-stays-black.1142362/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello My HP Pavillion dv - tx won t boot up properly Everything starts up and runs as it should it comes up with the hp loading screen then asks if i want to start windows in safe mode or normally then it comes up with a loading screen with microsoft corporation written on it the backlight turns on and off the cursor flashes on the screen the dissapears and from there i m stuck on a lit up black screen I ve let the computer run on this for nearly HP black stays boots a on screen then laptop an hour and nothing happened so i ve come here The last time i used it i didn t shut it down properly i accidentally disconnected it from the power source when i got up as the battery was deadflat so it just shut itself off instatnly As far as i know that is what has caused the problem but i don t know a solution Is there a quickfix for this or do i have to take it to a store and get it repaired in someway NOTE It HP laptop boots then stays on a black screen started up properly in safemode but thats as good as it gets Thanks in advance nbsp

A:HP laptop boots then stays on a black screen

NOTE: It started up properly in safemode, but thats as good as it gets.

so from safemode try a restore to a date when it was working

start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore

choose the date before this started

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-boots-then-stays-on-a-black-screen.1049265/
Relevancy 70.09%

i can see the screen being illuminated but i cant see anything, i hear windows starting up and everything... what could it be?

A:Screen turns on but stays completely black

If it's a laptop then the LCD lamp could be working but there's something else wrong with the LCD.

Can you see the bios screens and info right before the Windows starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-turns-on-but-stays-completely-black.177851/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey on screen when starting stays Computer black When I go to turn my computer on it can t get to the windows loading screen it just stops on a blank black screen I have will upload a video of Computer stays on black screen when starting it happening to illustrate what is happening since I might not have described it well I can t post videos due to my post count but if you want to see it just PM me The last thing I remember my computer doing before it turned off was a virus scan then a few minutes later a blue screen with some white writing coming up so I rebooted and this happened I have tried using my Windows CD to repair it but it hasn t worked I can t get into safe-mode because it just stops on the black screen with white writing Sorry for all these un-techincal names xD I was wondering if anyone knew what was happening Ideally i m looking for a fix for this so I can back-up some of my files onto an external harddrive then I want to reformat Thanks Ash nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stays-on-black-screen-when-starting.153759/
Relevancy 70.09%

My laptop has been doing this for a while, whenever I go to shut down my laptop from start menu the screen goes black but the fans stay on and the keyboard lights still glow (I have an Alienware with the glowing keyboard). Only when I hold down the manual switch does it shut down all the way.

This presents a bigger problem recently because when I install updates and then restart my computer, I must shut it down manually and on startup I must open in safe mode and then restore my computer to a point before I installed windows updates. (I am not completely sure that the fact I have to turn off the computer manually is the reason that my computer is telling me to restore to a point before I install updates, just to be clear.)

Thanks for the help.

A:Upon shutdown, only laptop screen goes black but stays on

Is this the original factory preinstall which most tech enthusiasts won't run, preferring to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 to enjoy native Win7 performance?

Stick with the tools and methods given and you'll get and keep a perfect install.

In your case I'd first Run Built-In Diagnostics for Your Dell Computer | Dell US from it's partition to see if it will boot and run, give you a report on your hardware. If so then during the booted reinstall you'd want to leave the OEM Diagnostics partition but delete all others using the Drive Options in Steps 7 and 8 of Clean Install Windows 7 to create and Format New.

Otherwise work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 starting with a Clean Boot, checking logs for repeat errors to resolve, utilitze System Resources to find solutions and Generate a System Health Report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307826-upon-shutdown-only-laptop-screen-goes-black-but-stays.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an Acer Aspire laptop and lately the screen doesn t work anymore laptop: stays Acer black screen The computer starts up all the lights are lit correctly but the screen just won t show anything Up to now I Acer laptop: screen stays black have already succesfully restarted it with the screen working the only trouble is that I don t have a clue how I did it In any case now I can t seem to get it to work anymore I have read other forum posts about this subject and there are some possibilities I have already ruled out The backlight is not broken I think I can t see anything when I shine a flashlight right into the screen and besides if it was Acer laptop: screen stays black broken I couldn t have got it to work two times right When I hook up an external monitor the screen is a bit botched lines a bit different coloring stuff like that and the computer automatically restarts when I Acer laptop: screen stays black log into Windows That is definately not normal Also my button to switch to an external monitor is Fn F but pressing it doesn t do anything The laptop screen stays black and the external monitor stays botched The two times I got it to work I was switching the external monitor between my desktop where I was browsing the internet for a solution and my laptop and suddenly it worked The second time I followed an instruction on Acer s support page this one and it worked again - So I thought I had it fixed but the next time I started up the laptop I had the same problem and so far it hasn t worked anymore Anyone got any ideas Dealing with Acer customer support is really my last resort I ve had a faulty motherboard before and the customer support is absolutely horrible Related specs Windows XP SP Intel Pentium M processor GHz ATI Mobility Radeon X GB DDR nbsp

A:Acer laptop: screen stays black

So, I take it no one has an idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-screen-stays-black.682093/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,  Since last week I have some problems with my new HP laptop (5 weeks old). Every time I leave my laptop and it switches to sleep mode (or wathever mode its called), the screen stays black. I get responses from my keyboard lighting etc. But the screen stays black. I have to shut down my laptop by holding down the power button, when it restarts, it works again.I also have to mention that my computer froze more than often the las couple of days, with only the internet on and my fan is making a lot of noice, with no heavy programms running.  Does somebody has any idea what the problem could be? Thank you in advance! Kind regards, Maarten

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-stays-black-after-sleep-mode/td-p/5839846
Relevancy 70.09%

Heres the story customer got bad viruses did clean up and removal of the infections and I noticed the laptop wasn't shutting down I cant confirm that this wasn't an issue before I didn't notice it but doesn't mean it wasn't black shutdown stays power screen on there when you go to shut down the screen goes off but shutdown black screen power stays on power on light stays on and fan stays on Have to hold power button to shut it off HP Model Pavilion - b WM Heres what I have done so far I did the refresh the full format one but still did it I still have windows didn't bother updating to yet since that's what I had before I refreshed it updated flashed BIOS but didn't work Reset BIOS to default Turned off quot Turn on fast startup recommended quot put in different HDD and loaded Windows and when I went to shutdown it locks up at shutdown so still problem shutting down but screen stays on tried different RAM Tried different power adapter tried holding SHIFT while shutting down Resisted punching the laptop I don't know what else I was confident that the viruses did it but maybe its a coincidence and its some hardware issue Thanks

A:shutdown black screen power stays on

Set the BIOS to default settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61189-shutdown-black-screen-power-stays.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an hp pavillion laptop Its running windows vista home premium edition I turned on the computer and it was showing me a message telling me whether i wanted to start in safe mode or repair window I chose the repair window option It did the window start up repair and then there was a message that told me if i wanted to restore at black screen. load. Stays not will Windows to a previous time I chose a date that i knew the computer last worked perfectly It did the restore and then said it would restart It stayed on a black screen with a flashing underscore on the top left side I waited hours and it never restarted so i turned it off and then turned it on It starts to load brings up the screen with a loading bar then it goes into a black screen and just stays there I tried loading it in safe mode and it loaded Was able to back up my information Restarted the computer and still the same just a black screen I have searched all over but cant find a solution

A:Windows will not load. Stays at black screen.

Worth a look, http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01997899&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1842189

Louis

Typically...black screen with blinking cursor in XP can be resolved by running the fixmbr command from the XP Recovery Console. Since you have an HP system, you may not have the RC.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388557/windows-will-not-load-stays-at-black-screen/
Relevancy 70.09%

Got the computer from a family member I tried fixing it for them first and I thought it was the video card so I tried a different one and still nothing So it was turns stays computer screen on black but unplugged and stored for months then they just computer turns on but screen stays black gave it to me Well I took it home and started messing with it turned it on a cple of computer turns on but screen stays black times nothing Moved wires around put different psu in nothing put it back to normal it started right up powered screen up I got into windows but it had a lot of lag so I went to restart it so I could do a fresh install and screen shut off note when it wasn't working before this point the cpu fan ran at full rpm when turned on but slowed down when it worked this first time I turned it on and off cple times nothing unplugged psuand back in it worked enough to reinstall windows and went to restart nothing When plugged my speakers in to see if it beeps it started up Its toying with me restarted it again nothing so next try I pushed on the cpu thinking the mobo was bad it started up and woked for a cple restarts and quit I tightened The mobo screws down to the case and worked for awhile and then started acting up on restart It will turn on once after it sits awhile unplugged with the bios battery out I'm confused bad bios or the mobo I have unplugged all things that aren't needed for start up different hd with same effect Only thing I haven't tried yet is the ram I'm at work and will mess with it more later Its a compaq presario or w e amd ght proc two mb ram sticks a mobo I can give full specs when I get home

A:computer turns on but screen stays black

The PSU was probably bad, replacing it should have fixed it. There may be bad caps on the motherboard or something is grounding on the MOBO to the case and causing it to not boot. Take everything apart. Take Heat Sync off of processor and apply Thermal Paste. Take MOBO out of case and check to see if there are any burn marks, bad caps, or if there are any risers missing off the case keeping the MOBO from touching the case.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-turns-on-but-screen-stays-black-596745.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello anyone who can help!

I have a Lenovo Laptop Thinkpad Edge E520 8GB RAM, Intel CPU B960 Pentium Processor 2.2GHZ

Recently when I have powered up my laptop it occasionally doesn't load properly, the screen stays black. You can hear the laptop working fine but you cannot see anything.

This happens once or twice a week, I usually hold on the power button for 5 seconds, then reboot and it resumes my hibernate settings as usual

Could this be because I always hibernate my laptop?

Can someone please explain what might be causing this problem and how I go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance!

A:Laptop powers on but screen stays black?

Thats a fairly new laptop as i have the edge 530.ive never put any of my computers on hibernate so im not sure if that why its doing that. it sounds like either a power supply problem, a screen problem, or a harddrive problem.or rarely the motherboard.you might want to take it somewhere and have it checked out then you will know for sure and go from there.if you have an external monitor you can try and see if anything shows up on it. if so or even if the other monitor is black i would still start with the screen first as the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-powers-on-but-screen-stays-black.1079135/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a windows vista basic. Since I got a new video card installed, when I turn my PC on, it takes much longer to boot up and my monitor screen stays black much longer - waaay long. No problem after that, but am wondering why 'black so long'?

Any ideas?

Relevancy 70.09%

For no apparent reason, there is a little black box on my screen with a white open, compacted arrow in it and inside the arrow an 'A' (see screenshot). The screenshot shows Mediaplayer open but it is there constantly, independent of which program I am using. It seems 'dead': clicking on it (either right or left) results in nothing. How can I remove it? Now that I have made the screenshot, suddenly there is an arrow through it.
Thanks for advice! IJmir

A:Unknown little black box with arrow and 'A' in it stays on the screen

since when is this house appearing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/203089-unknown-little-black-box-arrow-stays-screen.html
Relevancy 69.23%

On my pentium 4 PC running windows XP Home, very occassionally on boot up, the monitor remains black. If I restart the computer using re-set or by holding the on/off button and then shutting down and then re starting, it boots up fine and the monitor displays clearly. This happens about once every few weeks. Is it nothing or an indication of a problem somewhere. Otherwise the system runs fast and trouble free and is watched over by Norton anti virus, Spywareblaster, Ad-Aware and Spybot. I run disc cleanup and defrag regularly. I am a little suspicious of the video card, but really not sure at all.
Thanks,
G

A:occassionally monitor screen stays black on boot up.

Well a first step might be to power down and reseat the vid card and your monitor connection, could be a bit of corrosion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/occassionally-monitor-screen-stays-black-on-boot-up.483209/
Relevancy 69.23%

This is an issue that just started. After starting my computer, typing in my password and logging in, my computer simply goes to a black screen, even though the back light is still on. I can still move the mouse and can get the task manager to show up, but nothing else. I am running Windows 7 ultimate, and have never had an issue before

A:Asus G50V: Screen stays black after login

Try performing a system restore

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g50v-screen-stays-black-after-login.154097/
Relevancy 69.23%

Seems like ever since the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers update I'm not sure about this but I think it's the case my screen stays black upon being woken up from sleep or hibernation I know it's on and it's not a matter of the computer being slow because it's not and even if it were leaving it on for many minutes and it Screen from sleep black y510p wake-up upon o... stays remains blank and the power button and y510p Screen stays black upon wake-up from sleep o... keyboard and everything light up and it starts heating up so I know it's doing something Hitting FN-F for the backlight does nothing so I don't think that's the issue The only way to resolve it is to hold down the power button and reboot which bleep ing pisses me off because sometimes I have important work up and am forced to lose it Anyone else seeing this issue Could it be related to the new graphics drivers y510p Screen stays black upon wake-up from sleep o... or is this something worse and hardware related My screen seems A-OK when it comes to everything else nbsp Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/y510p-Screen-stays-black-upon-wake-up-from-sleep-or-hibernation/td-p/3336690
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I am having quite a problem with my computer After a while of idling or in the middle of a game the screen will go black but the light stays green indicating there still is a signal i think This is on my CRT So i tried another monitor an LCD while this is happening and i get the message Mode not supported I tried installing an older nvidia driver thinking that could be the problem but it didn t fix it When this happens i see the video card fan is still going and I m really not sure what is wrong If you could help me out that would be most excellent the computer i am on now has Intel Extreme Graphics onboard video and it is painful to play any stays Green going Light on - black Monitor Screen decent game on it Thanks in advance Edit I also remembered sometimes rarely when i shut the computer it wont react when i try to turn it back on with the power button but a few mins later as if by magic it turns on nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Our C720 is just over a year old, when we open the lid th escreen stays black, there appears no noise from the fan either.  There is a blue light on the front and another blue light if we put the charger in. Tried the reset by pressing the power button down but nothing still. This appears to be a problem with Chromebooks? Can anyone help?

A:C720 screen stays black, blue light on but no fan

The blue light is saying the battery is fully charged, so we know at least that portion of the hardware is working. Have you tried the 'press the power button for 30 seconds' thing? This should do a forced power down, just in case it's actually sleeping after biting into Snow White's apple.  If that doesn't help you might have a hardware issue with the power button itself. We can test that by trying to boot into developer mode (the same place you would use to reset the OS). Press and hold the ESC key and the Refresh key then while holding them press the power button. If that shows you something on the screen let us know and we'll look at what else to do. You might also be looking at a hardware issue with the screen. If the screen isn't working you could still boot, just with a black screen. If that's the case you should have the blue light go to amber after a bit as the battery starts to discharge. If the light stays blue with the power disconnected then the system itself isn't starting...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/C720-screen-stays-black-blue-light-on-but-no-fan/td-p/343708/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi Guys,

Im having some problem with my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ61 - I powered it on and the fans whirred like normal and the lights on the keyboard came on like normal - the power button lit up. But the screen stayed black. Then the fans went silent after 5 seconds and it sounded like it was switched off but all the lights were still on - the power, hard drive and keyboard ones. I noticed if I run my finger over the touch pad buttons for volume etc they light up so im not sure whats wrong.

I replaced the screen on the laptop the other day and it was working fine until last night and this has happened. Any suggestions?

I've tried replacing ram / replacing hard drive / pulling the cmos battery for 30mins / unplugging and trying the 30 seconds power button trick but nothing.

Any suggestions?

A:Laptop Power On - Screen Stays Black - Fan Goes Off 5 Seconds

If you have a PC monitor connect it to the laptop and see if you get a display on it.

Also check the laptop screen for a dim image, shining a light onto it may make it more visible.

What was wrong that made you replace the screen ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-on-screen-stays-black-fan-goes-off-5-seconds.1087078/
Relevancy 69.23%

Our C720 is just over a year old, when we open the lid th escreen stays black, there appears no noise from the fan either.  There is a blue light on the front and another blue light if we put the charger in. Tried the reset by pressing the power button down but nothing still. This appears to be a problem with Chromebooks? Can anyone help?

A:C720 screen stays black, blue light on but no fan

The blue light is saying the battery is fully charged, so we know at least that portion of the hardware is working. Have you tried the 'press the power button for 30 seconds' thing? This should do a forced power down, just in case it's actually sleeping after biting into Snow White's apple.  If that doesn't help you might have a hardware issue with the power button itself. We can test that by trying to boot into developer mode (the same place you would use to reset the OS). Press and hold the ESC key and the Refresh key then while holding them press the power button. If that shows you something on the screen let us know and we'll look at what else to do. You might also be looking at a hardware issue with the screen. If the screen isn't working you could still boot, just with a black screen. If that's the case you should have the blue light go to amber after a bit as the battery starts to discharge. If the light stays blue with the power disconnected then the system itself isn't starting...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/C720-screen-stays-black-blue-light-on-but-no-fan/td-p/343708
Relevancy 69.23%

I have tried EVERYTHING from the website, but whenever I push the power button the screen stays black, the power light is on and the f12 key stays red. I have hard reset, bought replacement AC cord, replaced CMOS battery and no help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Black-screen-computer-boots-fan-turns-on-f12-stays-red-black/td-p/5686748
Relevancy 69.23%

Basically I go to switch the tablet on and the power button lights up but that's it the screen doesn't even light up nothing and occassionally a light flashes from the top on the screen in the middle but that's it I've tried resetting it everything please help I bought it for uni and I start in a few days

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-pavilion-x2-10inch-detachable-screen-stays-black/td-p/5769686
Relevancy 69.23%

When turning on the computer, it mostly has just a blank grey/black screen. The screen image does flash intermittently (although not in any consistent way) and show itself, but does not stay visible to allow using the laptop without a secondary screen connected. With a secondary screen, the computer operates fine, so if you can see what it is doing on another device, the data can be used. It defeats the purpose of laptop though and makes it inconvenient to have to pull the screen from another computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-mostly-stays-black-with-intermittent-flash-of-image/td-p/5733877
Relevancy 69.23%

My dad has an E-machines desktop with Windows XP SP2... he mentioned he'd updated it with service pack 3. This morning I installed a game, but it said files were corrupted and to re-install. It wouldn't uninstall, so I rebooted.
It brought up the black screen with 5 options -- Safe Mode, Safe Mode w/ Networking, etc.

"Safe Mode" starts, but stops at windows/system32/drivers/agpCPQ.sys and freezes forever.

Last Good Configuration Settings/Start Windows normally leads back to the black screen.
... with a quick flash of what appears to be the blue screen of death?
I saw on a few posts, it may be a BIOS problem? I'm unable to download anything straight to the computer, obviously, and it was suggested the hard-drive may be "kaput."
Thanks in advance for,
Jordan

A:Black Screen Stays/safe Mode Not Loading

Try running chkdsk from the Recovery Console. Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.Type: chkdsk /rIt's important to have a space before the "/".To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147719/black-screen-stayssafe-mode-not-loading/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey i'm new here and i've had A computer for like 2 years and it used to work but once I left it alone for a month I went to turn it on and it didnt work.... the monitor just stayed black....i checked every cord and there all in and I think it has something to do with the motherboard(i barely know anything about computers at all).. the mother board is a KM4M-V/KM4AM-V/KM3M-V series micro ATX mainboard and thats all I could think of putting in but I have every bit of info on it so if u need more info on the machine I can tell u it. Any suggestions PLEASE HELP! Just remember I dont know a lot but I do know more than an average chuck

A:My monitor screen stays black when I turn my computer on

is it onboard video? or do u have a video card, perhaps try pulling everything out of the system and cleaning it, it might be dirty inside since u havent used it in awhile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-monitor-screen-stays-black-when-i-turn-my-computer-on.42563/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all, My laptop model no is HP Pavillion. My OS is Windows 8 64 bit. So today I shut my laptop down forcibly pressing the power button as it was not responding for that time. So the next time I switched it on this erroneous problem started. Everytime I switched it on the HP logo comes and then the Windows logo also comes. But then the screen stays black and only the mouse cursor is seen. So what can be the cause of this problem?  Note- I already tried the discharging method after taking off the battery and holding down the power button. It could not help. All LED's are working fine. I have no extra monitor, so I cannot check the display elsewhere. 

A:Laptop screen stays black with mouse cursor only after HP an...

Hi, Try the following. Shutdown the notebook and leave it like this for 10 seconds. Tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button until you see a 'Windows is loading' message. On the next screen, select your Keyboard Layout and on the following screen, select Troubleshoot. Select 'Advanced Options' and then select System Restore. Click on your Operating System and then wait until the System Restore window opens. Pick a restore point at least 24 hours before the issue first occurred and then proceed with the system restore. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-screen-stays-black-with-mouse-cursor-only-after-HP/td-p/5714566
Relevancy 69.23%

Today when I turned on my
computer and monitor. My computer turned on but my monitor screen was black. The light on my monitor did did not turn blue it stayed on amber. I open up my computer and cleaned some of the fuse of my graphics card still no luck. Please help

A:My monitor screen stays black after I turn on my computer

Hi, does your motherboard have onboard graphics? if so try removing the nvidia card and hook monitor to onboard graphics does it recieve a signal?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/361134-my-monitor-screen-stays-black-after-i-turn-my-computer.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi Got stays when F3jm screen Asus black the lid reopening my Laptop for a year now and starting to have a strange problem since I installed Vista I have installed all the drivers from the asus page an some newer ones from Asus F3jm screen stays black when reopening the lid realtek and other ones Everything on the last version Now my problem When I close the lid the screen turns black as it should but then doesnt turn on when opening it again It stays black Got linux on a different partition where it works perfectly so I think its not a hardware problem like Asus F3jm screen stays black when reopening the lid I first thought I first tried everything in the energy options under vista to figure out if anything changes but you can only choose what the screens should do when closing the lid not when opening it I have no clue what I could do right now Probably its a software failure that can only be fixed with a fresh Vista install but thats the last thing I want to do If you need the specs of the laptop just tell me My graphics is a GeForce Go I appreciate every suggestion or clue Thanks in advance

A:Asus F3jm screen stays black when reopening the lid

Hi,

I would first try updating the graphics drivers to see if that fixes the issue.
http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...a32_070313.zip

Moving you to Vista support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-f3jm-screen-stays-black-when-reopening-the-lid-207147.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Toshiba Satellite A500-132, Windows 7 So 2 days ago while my laptop was turned on i closed the lid, packed it and took it with me. 1 hour later had to use it so i opened the lid tried to power on. It did but screen was black and i could hear no sound of functionality. Searched the web for a solution and i powered laptop off, removed power cord,battery,rams and hdd. Then kept pressing the ON button for greater than 30 seconds. Reconnected everything and laptop booted windows normally. Last night it happened again and this time the same procedure doesn't seem to fix the situation. This whole things looks very bizzare, never heard of anything similar, i hope you can help! Also, could a cmos rtc battery problem cause such a problem?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88270-Satellite-A500-132-powers-on-but-screen-stays-black
Relevancy 69.23%

I have Windows 7 on my laptop and after I start it up and enter my password to login to windows I have to wait another 10-15 minutes for my desktop to appear. It's just a black screen, but the kicker is that I can move my mouse and see it on screen. I've never heard of or seen anything like this before.

Anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it?

A:Laptop stays at Black screen for 10+ mins after logging in

How old is the laptop? Is it still under warranty? What you are describing sounds like the LCD is going bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/260432-laptop-stays-black-screen-10-mins-after-logging.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My computer has been crashing a lot, which i think is a hardware issue, that is not for this post, but i right now, need assistance, after using my pc in the morning, turning it off, then when i come back, i turn it on, shows the logo, then a dark screen, forever, atleast how long i have waited. I have tried resetting bios, moving ram sticks, messing with BIOS, running hardware checks and software, startup repair says that the laptop boots up, and find no problems, but it doesnt let me do a windows memory diagnostic, i may provide extra information if needed, and i do not know if any more is required, and please do help me, i cannot do anything on my pc until it is fixed 

A:Lenovo thinkpad Edge E540, stays in a black screen...

Also, when its in that state, all of the computer is on, too is the display, the laptop isnt just giving it anything to display, its just black. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-thinkpad-Edge-E540-stays-in-a-black-screen-after-showing/td-p/3310917
Relevancy 68.8%

Context of the problem Laptop model L XBIOS version A I seem to keyboard black. up screen but Will stays boot, not L322X lights be having virtually the exact same issue as this one nbsp http en community dell com support-forums laptop f t aspx Except I am on A nbsp Basically the laptop will not boot I cannot L322X Will not boot, keyboard lights up but screen stays black. even get into the bios because it never boots to the dell logo nbsp It started happening maybe a week ago but after a few trials normally it would work again and boot into windows nbsp At this point though it will not boot at all I have tried his solution at the bottom of the page but after plus trials it still will not update the firmware to A I am currently completely unable to boot L322X Will not boot, keyboard lights up but screen stays black. to the dell logo or windows every time it tries to start it hangs with the keyboard lit up and the screen fully black nbsp I can boot to the dos bios update utility as he explains in his post but again it will not update the firmware ever nbsp Any idea what I should do Is there anyway I can force it to boot into L322X Will not boot, keyboard lights up but screen stays black. the bios so I can try to change some settings nbsp I looked but could not find any jumpers in the documentation for resetting the bios nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:L322X Will not boot, keyboard lights up but screen stays black.

Hi quade.broadwell,I recommend you to remove the battery and disconnect the adapter, press and hold the power button for few seconds and release to drain the flea power .Now put back the battery and connect the adapter and power on the computer.
Also, refer the following link for more troubleshooting:http://dell.to/10KNPJ0Awaiting your response!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19525071
Relevancy 68.8%

My smart touch desktop starts up but the screen stays black as if it's still off. I can hear it runNing but nothing turns the screen on.  It worked fine yesterday I have even left it unplugged for hours but nothing is turning my screen on.   Please everything is on there!!!!

A:My smart touch desktop starts up but the screen stays black ...

Hi there @JeniS,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the black at startup. I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Please get back to me and I will do all I can to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-smart-touch-desktop-starts-up-but-the-screen-stays-black/td-p/5542008
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I just joined here and Im having a really abd problem with my computer The specs that i know for sure are ECS k SEM motherboard Nvidia GeForce mb of ram DIMM -pin not sure what brand AMD Duron MHZ I booted my comp a few dyas ago and wont startup, black respond. stays on and BSOD's screen out of nowhere I get a BSOD before that screen with Windows XP comes up I say to myself quot ok maybe its just one time quot and reboot I get it yet again and reboot I finally get to the windows log in screen and I get ANOTHER BSOD after it finished loading Restarted again worked fine I analyze my minidumps and it said the most probably cause of these crashes was hardware At this point I recall a computer technician saying the capacitators on my mobo were bursting but this was a good months ago so BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond. Im not sure if its FINALLY giving out or if my RAM thats failing Well everything goes well and I turn it off I come BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond. home the next day and I get another set of BSOD s only this time theyve gotten worse Im now getting - BSOD s and my system completely freezes over causing me to reset Wierd thing is when I reset BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond. without turning the comp off it goes by fine Its when I turn it off and turn it on that I get this BSOD s It seemed to me that the BSOD s and constant hang ups would get worse by day like if something is slowly dying I eventually got tired of them and stop using my computer for a couple days Today I try turning it on and the screen stays on standby like if its not even connected to the VGA Ive decided to purchase a new mobo same as the one I have now but Im not sure if these symptons lead to bad RAM or failing capacitators on the mobo Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond.

Blue screen error messages are one of the most misunderstood error messages out there in regards to windows.According to Microsoft, only 5-20% of these errors are actually caused by the OS. Only 10% are hardware related. The other 70% are the result of faulty drivers or software incompatibility. Based on those numbers, less than 15% of blue screen errors can be permanently resolved with an OS reinstall.

So we can correctly solve this issue we need to get the minidumps. (if the computer is bootable)

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > use the "Managed Attachments" option under "go advanced" upload that zip file here as an attachment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-on-startup-screen-stays-black-and-wont-respond.577219/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am attempting to remove a virus from a friend s toshiba a -s laptop in the transportation process i spilt a bit black, but but help! stays need will amateur screen a Laptop up not computer start of water on the laptop but i do not think it effected the computer because Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help! i was able to use the computer for days afterwards while trying to remove the virus in safe mode the computer would not let me run any anti-malware programs and then subsequently shut down now when i try to start up the computer the keyboard lights turn on and the disc drives and fans begin working but the screen remains blank there are no signal beeps to indicate a hardware malfunction and the three of the five Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help! lights on the front of the laptop on the left side are on ive tried all the troubleshooting techniques on the forums i e removing the battery and running on ac power and vice versa holding down the power button for sec sec min and mins all to no avail another computer savvy friend of mine said that some of these new viruses are smart enough to write itself to the bios which would prevent the computer from starting up he recommended flashing the bios but i do not know how to do so on a black screen or if it might have been the water damage that may be causing a hardware problem im thinking motherboad or video card if so any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help!

These new viruses are truly evil... and wide spread. We have had over 30 cases since Wednesday... all doing what you describe.

But the Toshiba is also infamous for having the screen inverter go bad... cheap to replace but darn difficult to get at quickly.

Can you connect an external monitor to the VGA port on the back of the Toshiba to see what you get there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-start-up-but-screen-stays-black-not-a-computer-amateur-but-need-help.176524/
Relevancy 68.8%

My Dell inspiron 6000 laptop stopped working. It shut off while I was online and when I try to restart it, it goes to the start up screen (black, says dell in blue letters) then the whole screen goes black and stays that way. I left for an hour and came back and the screen was still black. I have held the power button down until it restarts and that didn't work, I have pressed ctrl+alt+del and that didn't do anything either. I have also run a diagnostics test and everything passed. I have run out of things to try. Can anyone help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-start-up-screen-stays-black.157028/
Relevancy 67.94%

Exactly like the title says I became infected with the System Tools virus and it would not allow me to run any programs to try and fix it I restarted my computer and tried to run it in safe mode After it exits the initial screen where you can ctrl s to enter config it loads into a black screen no matter what I try I try to hold F but it still continues to go into the black screen I have read else where to run the XP disk and go System not with at Tool black a Infected will XP Stays virus all. at start now screen. from there but this is my fiance s computer and she said it did not come with the XP disk as it was preloaded on when she bought it about years ago If I could figure out how to get safe mode to run I could probably figure out how to remove it from there but like I said I m stuck Infected with System Tool virus now XP will not start at all. Stays at a black screen. at a black screen now no matter Infected with System Tool virus now XP will not start at all. Stays at a black screen. what I do Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Infected with System Tool virus now XP will not start at all. Stays at a black screen.

Hi, when starting the computer and tapping F8, do you still see the Advanced boot options menu where you can safe mode, or does that not come up? If you see that, and choose normal mode, do you still see the XP splash screen or does it go black immediately?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366564/infected-with-system-tool-virus-now-xp-will-not-start-at-all-stays-at-a-black-screen/
Relevancy 67.94%

Okay now i have no idea what the model is for stays turn installing when on black help card, screen comp video Need with i new my my mother board and no idea what type of AGP slot it has but it is empty because atm i have an onboard NVIDIA GeForce MX Need help with installing my new video card, screen stays black when i turn on comp INtegrated GPU my computer Need help with installing my new video card, screen stays black when i turn on comp atm is an AMD Athlon XP MB PC cl DDR its also a crapy HP Pavilion if that helps I bought the computer back in september and it was refurbished if that helps in determining what Need help with installing my new video card, screen stays black when i turn on comp type of AGP slot it is here is the video card i bought http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp sku C - ya i know noot good or anything but i dont need some super good video card with my computer i only wanted to get a new one because when i bought new ram x PC cl DDR ram it didnt work in my computer when ever i ran a game like cs it would always shut down or restart my computer I know i need to disable my previous driver for my onboard video card but i did that and installed the video card and checked to see if it worked by plugging in my monitor mouse and keyboard and turning it on and nothing came up on my monitor The help would be greatly appreciated because i also want to run another game on my computer like HL or CS S because CS just aint enough And if you are able to determine somehow what type of AGP slot it is would the AGP x i bought work on it or would it have voltage issues that are causing it to not work thanks nbsp

A:Need help with installing my new video card, screen stays black when i turn on comp

I just downloaded EVEREST and it tells me what my hardware is like, so it tells me what the name is of my motherboard (this should help) and everything with itField
Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID Exp$103.011$06/27/2003-17:27:59$nFORCE
Motherboard Name Asus A7N8X-LA

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type DEC Alpha EV6
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 267 MHz
Bandwidth 2133 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
Real Clock 167 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 333 MHz
Bandwidth 5333 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type HyperTransport v1.0
Bus Width 8-bit

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 Socket 462
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP
RAM Slots 2 DDR DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 240 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset nForce2-IGP
Extra Features CPU Overheating Protection

I hope this helps

i also just found this.

Field Value
Device Properties
Device Description nVIDIA nForce2 Integrated GeForce4 MX Video Adapter
Bus Type AGP 4x
Bus / Device / Function 2 / 0 / 0
Device ID 10DE-01F0
Subsystem ID 1043-80C0
Device Class 0300 (VGA Display Controller)
Revision A3
Fast Back-to-Back Transactions Supported, Disabled

Device Features
66 MHz Operation Supported
Bus Mastering Enabled

AGP Properties
AGP Version 2.00
AGP Status Enabled
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x
Current AGP Speed 4x
Fast-Write Supported, Enabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

that says that my AGP slot is 4x correct? then does that mean that the card that i said that i have bought above (runs at AGP8x) wont work? and that i need to get one that runs at AGP 4x correct? thanks (i think i have somewhat solved the problem myself, lol)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-installing-my-new-video-card-screen-stays-black-when-i-turn-on-comp.29437/
Relevancy 67.94%

So i just bought a new Gigabyte GTX 770, had a 650 before and everything worked. I have the Gigabyte GA-970a-ud3 mainboard with 2 PCI-E Slots, both 16x but one runs with 4x. If i put the graphics card in the top slot (16x) LEDs light up and fans start running , i hear the windows 7 welcome screen sound through the speakers but the screen stays black, but if i put the card in the bottom slot (4x) everything works, besides the fact that the graphics card is slow as hell.
Both PCI power cables plugged into it, i tried removing all drivers, resetting cmos.
I dont know what could possibly be wrong but maybe you do, so thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-new-graphics-card-computer-starts-but-screen-stays-black.1119337/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey Guys,

I have just installed a new Corsair SSD and for some reason after the windows animation the screen stays black for around 15 seconds and then goes onto the log in section. I am unsure what is causing this but any help would be appreciated. This is a fresh windows install and I have got all of the required drivers. The SSD is going through an Intel SATA 3 socket with ACHI enabled. I have disabled the Marvell adapter and the ASUS boot screen to try and speed things up but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I know my SSD is working fine as it is blazingly fast once I am in windows. I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard as well.

Video Link Windows 7 hangs after animation - YouTube

My components are:

Sabertooth P67
Intel i5 2500k
Corsair Sandforce 3 60GB
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 2 GB
AX850
GT240

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/after-windows-but-up-animation-screen-stays-black-for-15-secs-video-included-616753.html
Relevancy 64.93%

What is the problem actually? I thought this is virus but when i scan with my AV nothing wrong...

A:pc black suddenly got to hard reset

Hi Gradeabra,

Based on no other information on your computer and your problem, I would say that reset is very likely due to overheat. May be a maintenance cleaning up would help.

Good luck and post back.

Bruce

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283253-pc-black-suddenly-got-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi People I built my own PC and its been running great for years Using an SSD for OS and boot Black, Only (HoN) Playing go Screens Game reset. needs gaming hard and TB black drive for games and programs I recently installed quot Heroes of Newerth quot for some giggles Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black no sound or beeps no error nothing My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on My keyboard has multiple user levels each have different colour lights but none of the user levels work which makes me think the driver is not running on that so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed Ive done a SMART test and all good Done a memory test windows and no errors found Aside from this i dont know what the next step is Usually i solve Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming these on my own but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific ideas anyone Thanks for any advice or suggestions Gangel

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/64109-playing-game-hon-screens-go-black-needs-hard-reset-only-gaming.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi People I built my own PC and its been running great for years Using an SSD for OS and boot and TB black drive for games and programs I recently Game Screens reset. hard go gaming Only Black, Playing (HoN) needs installed quot Heroes of Newerth quot for some giggles I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black no sound or beeps no error nothing My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on My keyboard has multiple user levels each have different colour lights but none of the user levels work which makes me think the driver is not running on that so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed Ive done a SMART test and all good Done a memory test windows and no errors found Aside from this i dont know what the next step is Usually i solve these on my own but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific ideas anyone Thanks for any advice or suggestions Gangel

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/64109-playing-game-hon-screens-go-black-needs-hard-reset-only-gaming.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My desktop constantly bombs out, it goes to blackscreen, and then I have to reboot and log on.

I think that perhaps certain programs are outdated, but I do not know how to find the latest, as I am afaid of viruses. I have AVG.

A:Black screen and bombs out then I have to reset and log on

If you are afraid you might be infected please see our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the UPDTAED 8 Step sticky. Follow the instructions and post on that forum with the required logs attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-and-bombs-out-then-i-have-to-reset-and-log-on.156602/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello - I know there have been a number of posts on this subject but I have been unable to find a solution I have Win machines both running SP My HP Pavilion is running -bit and my Dell Latiude E is running -bit I can successfully RDP from my Dell and even my Apple iPad via an RDP client into my HP but Stays Destop Remote Remote Connects Host Screen BLACK Pavilion However the problem Remote Destop Connects but Remote Host Screen Stays BLACK is that when I try to RDP from my Pavilion into my Dell I get connected but all I see is a BLACK from the Dell machine The only thing i can see is the Status bar at teh top telling me that i am connected A few moments later I get a popup message telling me that the machines have failed to communicate I have confirmed that RDP settings are identical on the Pavilion and Dell I have even downgraded the Dell NVIDIA graphics driver to an older version based on the recommended version on the Dell support web site At this point I am at a complete loss on what to try next I find it very strange Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you

A:Remote Destop Connects but Remote Host Screen Stays BLACK

Hello,

Temp disable your anti-virus and firewall to determin if this is blocking the ports.

Also, can you copnfirm that you have a password on the PC's user account? Windows wont let you RDP to a PC that isnt password protected.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196206-remote-destop-connects-but-remote-host-screen-stays-black.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there,I am currently in a fieldwork in Ghana for my PhD and there is no Lenovo repairs shop here.Last night, I have tried to restart my X1 carbon from sleep mode and unfortunately, it did not restart.The screen stayed balck while the keyboerd and the power led were flashing and only pressing the hard reset button could stop this. After searching along the forum I have found about the CMOS reset button. So I have pressed the hard reset and the CMOS reset button simultaneously for 10 seconds and now the screen stays black and the keyboard led and the fan turns off after 2 or 3 seconds. Can annyone has an idea because I have 15 more days of fieldwork and without a laptop to record my results the rest of my PhD might be really compromised Thank you in advanceGeoffrey 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-carbon-black-screen-after-CMOS-reset/td-p/3371694
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi i had problems with my wifi not working on my yoga 500 and after a hard reset/ factory reset i get boot, but after that , all I see is a black screen with a spinning/ rotating circle nothing else happens.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Black-screen-after-factory-reset-yoga-500/td-p/3413129
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi please bear with me i ve never tried something like this to troubleshoot b Basically at seemingly random times my screen goes black and i have to hit the Reset button on my Chasis to get back to normal functionality The trick is i never get an Event in the Event Viewer to indicate the cause of the issue - i m inclined to believe it s either a Norton problem or some form of Malware I followed the listed instructions as well as i could however i had some issues with GMER even when disabling AV for it so i do not have a scan to post from that Here is the DDS stuff however - AV didn t seem to cause any hiccups with it as far as i could tell but if you need a fresh scan with AV off just holler DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kevin at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Security Suite On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Security Suite enabled C A C -F F- AC Black to have Screen, button Chasis. hit Reset on -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files EVGA Precision EVGAPrecision exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEsvchost exeC Documents and Settings Kevin Local Settings Apps OR OQZOH QM HBQRJN OE curs tion eee a b d e e CurseClient exeC Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Kevin My Documents Downloads Computer-Related Security Check Stuff dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis. df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis. aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton security suite engine IPSBHO DLLBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis. e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - No FileBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dllmRun EVGAPrecision quot c program files evga precision EVGAPrecision exe quot smRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installquietmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEStartupFolder c documents and settings kevin start menu programs startup CurseClientStartup ccipIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dllTrusted Zone internetTrusted Zone mcafee comDPF E DF - E - A - -C ED - hxxp content systemrequirementslab com s amazonaws com global bin srldetect cyri cabDPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download C C C CBBA -A F - D - B E- D LegitCheckControl cabDPF E A-... Read more

A:Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis.

As i've not had any black screens since my initial post and i'm having surgery monday with an expected 2 week hospital stay (not my best planning, posting late thursday knowing of the coming surgery, but i get nervous about computer security stuff and sort of panicked), i'm not quite sure what the best option would be in regards to this thread....If someone is already involved with looking at the logs and stuff, i leave it up to you as to how you would like to proceed, given this new information - whatever you feel is best is fine with me, and thank you for looking into my issue. If noone has started yet, please delete this thread - i'll make a new one after the hospital stay if needed.Also, i'm starting to think this is more likely a Driver, Hardware, or Norton issue, not Malware..... tho i could be wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347863/black-screen-have-to-hit-reset-button-on-chasis/
Relevancy 62.35%

I got a HP laptop win and Black factory screen reset attempt on when I attempt to do recovery restore or even a Img bkup it goes to a black screen with mouse cursor that I'm able to move around but it does nothing else even if I Black screen on factory reset attempt let it sit for hours I tried to use the built hp software to make a factory recovery disc Black screen on factory reset attempt but it said there was no recovery partition as if it were deleted but in fact a quick look with windows explorer shows it does exists Black screen on factory reset attempt and it perfectly intact plus the disk management shows it intact healthy and labeled as recovery As I said before I can reboot into the menu to choose to recover restore and everything else but once I select one i get the black screen with the mouse arrow Im trying to avoid buying the discs from hp Would there be something possibly hiding or blocking the recovery partition Maybe a bad registry entry I've tried setting folder options to show hidden files and system files Anyone have any recommendations

A:Black screen on factory reset attempt

I saw a website the other day that suggested turning off the Secure Boot on an HP machine. There seemed to be a process where you needed to enter a code you were given in order to turn it off.

I suppose other options might depend on your graphics configuration. If you can move your display back to an onboard or basic video output it might help. I do not know why doing such a thing would help since you are going back to a Factory configuration, but maybe something is getting stuck in the system and needs to be reset.

Knowing the Exact HP model number might help in research.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46811-black-screen-factory-reset-attempt.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I used Windows 8 recovery manager to wipe my computer. I had several viruses so it seemed like the best way.

my screen went Black when the process started and now it won't come back on.

My video card is a different one besides what came with the computer.

I sold the old video card to a friend, so the only graphics I have is the new I bought a while back. It should be an ATI RADEON. 5700 I believe.

I'm guessing the driver got deleted, and with no internet to search for drivers and no vision of the screen I seem screwed.

Are there any ways out of this one?

Thanks,

Zach

A:Help! Factory Reset Computer, Screen Went Black

I should have an HP Envy desktop of some sort with an i5 processor.

When I boot up I can't see the mouse or anything. The only spot on the computer to plug my monitor into is my video card. No extra video spot

I tried putting the graphics card cd in hoping somehow it could do something but my cd drive won't open. I'm assuming I can open it during the boot process but not after the boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/317696-help-factory-reset-computer-screen-went-black.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything i'm new to the forum Recently my computer has started crashing randomly It mostly happens when i am playing various games but has also happened once when i was just watching a video on YouTube When it crashes both of my monitors go black as if they were going into buzzing Random followed reset by screen, then black standby mode then after a couple of seconds i start hearing a loud buzzing sound through Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset my headset then after about - seconds the computer just restarts itself The computer is custom built and is just over years old but this crash as only started happening within the last month and a bit The crashes themselves are completely sporadic some times i can go several days even a week or so playing games with no problems then the next day it will crash during a game and then again the next day Sorry about the lack of detail in the specs but im not that great with troubleshooting so if there is any other information you need please let me know how i can get it Specs CPU AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor GHz OS Windows bit Service Pack GPU GeForce GTX GB RAM Thanks in advance for any help

A:Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset

I'm still hoping someone can help with this.

It just did the crash again this morning after only being on for 30 minutes, when it had reset itself windows popped up an error box saying Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown with these details,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8010769010
BCP2: FFFFF88012205D1C
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I'm not sure if this is any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-black-screen-followed-by-buzzing-then-reset-880849.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,I have a new Yoga 900-13ISK2 Laptop (3 weeks old). Up until a week ago I watched videos and all worked well .About a week ago I had to reset my computer due to a potential virus (didn't use any proper protection at the time) and since then every time I try to watch a video I get a black screen after a few minutes . Installed Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook driver but it didn't work .Can someone please help me?Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/After-reset-Yoga-900-13ISK2-Laptop-black-screen-when-playing/td-p/3467443
Relevancy 61.49%

Basically, every time I try to reset/restore/refresh, the end result is a black screen with a mouse cursor. Logging in works fine, though it didn't before I ran some virus, malware, and adware scans. I just can't seem to get any of the clean slate features to work. Any idea what might cause this?

General system info in the attachments.

A:Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor

just as an fyi, a lot of us are at work when using this site. As a result, I know I cannot see the pics you posted as I've blocked the site imgur at work. Any chance you can upload them just into this site?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-reset-a-laptop-with-windows-8-but-keep-getting-black-screen-w-cursor.1147555/
Relevancy 61.49%

I tried to do a reset in laptop because it was acting horrible. Slow loading or unable to load. I fell asleep during the reset process and woke up to black screen. Tried turning it off and starting over but nothing

A:Black screen on toshiba satellite laptop after i reset

This should get you going, then we need to find what caused the original problem.How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/black-screen-on-toshiba-satellite-laptop-after-i-reset/323.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have Dell Inspiron - and I am using it for atleast three years This one is bought in Abu Dhabi UAE and was used by my sister for about a year or two then she shipped it here in the Philippines because I needed it It has Windows when it arrived here The problem occured yesterday It was perfectly running when i used it when i got home from school but Chrome was annoyingly kept on not responding I refreshed the desktop before I reloaded Chrome when I noticed that the desktop icons were not showing up I shrugged it off thinking my laptop is just being slow Still annoyed on Chrome I decided to turn my laptop Dell reset inspiron screen after 15-3521 black off and took a nap Note that I didnt plugged it off After hours of nap I turned it on and it actually booted but a Dell inspiron 15-3521 black screen after reset black screen I turned it off and on again for about three times but still a black screen I tried to turn it on inserting its battery then it showed the Recovery page of Windows saying that Windows didn t load correctly I turned it off again then plugged it again without its battery It showed the same page then I asked a friend on what should I do He told me to try opening it on safe mode I did but it showed that automatic repair couldn t repair my pc I did a second attempt to enter safe mode After about minutes it booted on safe mode I then decided that I will just reset it so I back up important files on my USB flashdrive I tried to reset it but only the drive on which Windows is installed It worked but after reset the power and search icons where missing It was supposedly be right beside my account on Start page Also Start icon on desktop was not showing up I just decided to finish things up tomorrow then I shutted it down Today I tried to reset it again but i decided to clean all drives this time It took almost hours to finish then after the welcome start up and Hi we re setting things up for you blah blah it just turned out to a black screen After like minutes a messaged showing that Stop running this script popped up I stupidly clicked No It is still on black screen till now Any suggestions on what should I do now

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996534
Relevancy 61.49%

I have an Asus S56c laptop which turns on and goes to a black screen. It is running windows 8 or 8.1 with an ssd. I am able to access the Bios and I tried to get it to refresh and do a factory reset but both times there was an error saying there is a file missing. I have taken the hard drive out and used an external drive to get my files off of the hard drive . I have another asus laptop but a different model running windows 8 as well.

I also have and external enclosure and external hard drives that I can use.

Can someone please explain simply or with links, what I need to do to put windows 8 or 8.1 back onto the laptop to get it working again. Please also help me to find out if it was win 8 or 8.1.

A:win 8 black screen after start, can not reset file missing

Have you tried this?

System Restore - How to Do in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/65894-win-8-black-screen-after-start-can-not-reset-file-missing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

black screen usually no errors just a black screen sound will lag and freeze up have to hard reset it no blue screens usually here is the latest mini dump file.

this is the latest mini dump file most the time my comp never blue screens just hangs black so i never knew there was mini dump files still coming in and i have a bunch of those but this is the latest one.

had a driver issue a while back was getting blue screens from it but i completely erased it out of drivers folder and win32 drivers folder which was locked but i used a reg editor here that made it possible to take ownership of a folder and then i completely deleted it out of my system so i think.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:random crashes during all games black screen and have to hrd reset

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111311-26145-01.dmp
C:\Users\Shane\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40950-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.tx
i think this was the last error message i saved

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200608-random-crashes-during-all-games-black-screen-have-hrd-reset.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Long story short someone I know bought a screen with black laptop 8, keep w/ Windows getting but Trying cursor a to reset laptop The seller told them they'd need a new hard drive I took a look at it and found it was riddled with malware and adware Couldn't even login to the account without getting a black screen mouse cursor So after going into safe mode and uninstalling a few programs and running ADWCleaner I've been able to login to the main account normally I'm running malwarebytes and MSE right now but since they don't want all this extra data anyway I figured I'd just wipe everything The problem is that when I go to system restore or system reset or when I try to use the HP recovery tools it goes to a loading screen and then a black screen with a cursor Forever I'm at a bit of Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor a loss as to what could be breaking every recovery option That said I'm also wondering if the reset option will reinstall Windows without needing an installation disc or anything like that I've seen yes and no in different places so I'm no longer sure Here's screenshots with misc specs if it would help to know http i imgur com Qp uYuB jpg http i imgur com sNOadYW jpg http i imgur com thS X l jpg http i imgur com FcYKbrV jpg

A:Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor

Using the System Reset can be done without a disc.  There is a partition on the hdd just for this type of recovery.

You will find instructions for doing this at HP Support.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574600/trying-to-reset-a-laptop-with-windows-8-but-keep-getting-black-screen-w-cursor/
Relevancy 61.49%

I had to do a factory reset on my laptop and now when i turn it on it is a black screen with a cursor in the top left corner and the screen never changes. What do I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion-g7-series-factory-reset-and-black-screen/td-p/5831748
Relevancy 61.06%

So my computer was super laggy because its pretty old and I decided to factory Reset the computer and it worked fine and I decided to shut down the computer I manually held the shut down button and then turned it on it worked fine then on the start up screen it said if i wanted something worked my now fine Pavilion DV4 Reset Factory screen black about HP quickweb Factory Reset my Pavilion DV4 worked fine now black screen and it downloaded and then windows started normally and I decided to shut down the computer again I held the power button down and then tried to turn it on and always on start up the HP quick web pops up and after that it goes into a black screen and it doesnt go away there is no blinking lights my caps lock light is off everything has light but the caps lock i tried removing the battery and holding the power button for a minute and pluging the charger Factory Reset my Pavilion DV4 worked fine now black screen and turning it on it looks like its gonna start up because the quick web pops up and then black screen with like a dash on the very top left side is there anything I can do is it the quick web that messed it up how can I fix this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Factory-Reset-my-Pavilion-DV4-worked-fine-now-black-screen/td-p/5742674
Relevancy 61.06%

Toshiba Satellite L D-S A month ago was having issues with infinite start up loop after bad updates install Couldn't even get into the command prompt for a while but then was able to and followed the quot How to Recover from an Infinite Looping Startup Repair Loop without Reinstalling Windows quot guide that I found on here and it worked Got all of my personal files off then after a couple weeks decided to do a factory reset because it was starting to run slow at times Two nights ago had more updates can't even factory black reset screen of Toshiba and Satellite - death from Windows and when I turned it on it said something didn't download correctly It did a disk Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset check and then was fine except ran slow when it booted up for a few minutes Today when turning it on it gives options of running StartUp Repair which does the Windows loading files screen then goes to a black screen with the cursor icon Also gives the Start Windows Normally option which gets stuck on the opening Windows icon and never moves All F options end up with black screen with cursor and the kicker is that I attempted factory reset twice now and it goes to a black screen with cursor as well I don't have a recovery disk or any other Windows media Is there anything else I can try tried taking the battery out too and holding down power button or is this laptop toast Thanks and let me know if you need any other system specs

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset

I would say that you have a disk problem.
If you do have a Win (7, 8 or 10) installation disk, boot with it, go to repair, launch command prompt and then type chkdsk C: /f.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402080-toshiba-satellite-black-screen-death-cant-even-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My Satellite laptop was working fine until I presumably closed the lid during the boot process Since then the screen is blank black even though I can change with the power button between quot operation quot including HD activity WLAN and alternatively long press quot hibernate quot with a on off fading operation symbol I tried all screen - black hangs Z930-119 Reset? in Satellite hibernate with combinations of keys long-press-power-button FN-F FN-F etc There Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset? is no output signal at the external VGA connector I achieved no change at all All I would need is something like a hardware-reset There is no easy way to remove the battery as suggested in the internet Do you have any suggestions or tricks like quot press xy and uv quot or alike to produce a real hardware-reset to make the device start from the beginning I cannot believe that a sophisticated product like the Satellite Z has no provisions to reboot in case of a software failure In a few cases things like that happen in real life

A:Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset?

Hi

As far as I know you would need to remove the bottom cover just to get access to the battery.

Here is an video on Youtube:
[Toshiba How-To: Z930 and Z935 Disassembly Instructions|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmEhiK3Njs]

But I would recommend trying something different.
Did you connect the external monitor to the notebook just to check if something would be visible on the 2nd screen?
Do that.

In case nothing would be visible on 2nd monitor you could try to remove the battery and to press and hold the power button 30sec long.
Not quite sure if it would be helpful but in some cases this procedure might help to wakeup the unit again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73713-Satellite-Z930-119-hangs-in-hibernate-with-black-screen-Reset
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone,I recently wanted to re-setup my Acer Aspire 7250g with Linux Mint. I switched to the BIOS to change the boot order, typed in the password and i got the message, that the password is wrong. So I looked up some solutions. I tried to find a masterpassword, but there was no errorcode shown. I tried some other things, but they didnt work as well. At last i took out the CMOS battery, I restarted the pc after i put the battery back in and all I got was a black screen.I tried to flash the BIOS, because I read that the BIOS might be corrupted. I followed the instructions of this thread; http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Re-flash-a-corrupt-BIOS-for-an-Acer-Aspire-7250/td-p/9376... . I tried it multiple ways with this solution, but nothing worked.I hope someone can help me. LG Fuzzy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-7250g-black-screen-after-BIOS-reset/td-p/446100