Windows Support Forum

Latitude E5540: "Power connected, battery not charging" at 39%

Q: Latitude E5540: "Power connected, battery not charging" at 39%

Hi there,
I have some serious trouble with my Latitude E5540. In Windows (10, 64bit), it says that it's working on AC, but does not charge. It stays at 39%.
I've done some reading on the Internet and found several approaches which I followed. I updated BIOS and cleaned the connectors of the battery, which obviously didn't help.
Now, I've really run out of ideas and cannot come up with anything more. I've contacted Dell support, but I guess they won't help because the device is more than two years old and I only had 1 year NBD service.
Something I haven't tried is uninstalling the battery hardware from the device manager. Is this a serious option?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Any suggestion is most welcome! Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Achim

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Latitude E5540: "Power connected, battery not charging" at 39%

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Latitude E5540: "Power connected, battery not charging" at 39%

Hello, Nice to hear from you. The battery seems to be the culprit here. Should you wish to go ahead with purchasing battery do do PM us the system tag# by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message.
Though you mentioned you do not have a spare battery, can you borrow one from somebody or take it to a local store to try (if possible)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19679806
Relevancy 104.92%

My Dell inspiron 3542 laptop had a very good battery life(>6 hours), but today morning it showed an error message saying  "Battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced." I updated the BIOS from A3 to A10, but it didn't help! The PC starts only if its plugged in and the battery charge is constant at 82%. What should I do?

A:Battery not charging, message says "Battery has experienced permanent failure"

Hello SHUBHAMSINGH.ARARIA,
It's quite possible your battery did suffer a failure; the Lithium-Ion chemical reaction may (which produces electricity) have finally broken down.
First thing to try is to run Dell's diagnostics. When you first power it on, press F2 to run the ePSA Diagnostics & see if any failures occurred.
Have you tried powering the laptop on with the power cord and battery, then once it's loaded removing the power cord to see if it stays on?
Another thing to try: remove the power cord & battery from the laptop, then hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord, power it on, then reconnect the battery.
From here, once it's on, you can try removing the battery again to see if it stays powered on or leave the cord connected to see if the battery begins charging.

Hope this helps!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983254
Relevancy 104.06%

health is excellent, charge=1% In power command the charging / not charging indicator is constantly changing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385613-dell-e5540-battery-not-charging.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I replaced the battery on my Gateway New between toggling charging" "not "charging" and Battery MA with a brand new one non OEM With the laptop turned off the new battery charged New Battery toggling between "charging" and "not charging" well without any problems But when I charge the battery with the laptop turned on I see the battery icon changing from quot plugged in-not charging quot to quot not plugged in quot New Battery toggling between "charging" and "not charging" to quot plugged in-charging quot and the cycle repeats The charging LED indicator also keeps turning off and on following the icon messages this indicator was constantly on when charging with the laptop turned off Looks like the battery charging is getting messed up when Windows is trying to monitor the status Applications also are exhibiting a strange behavior during this time I had started a virusscan and whenever the battery icon changed to quot not plugged in quot the virusscan used to pause and would resume when the icon changed to quot plugged in-not charging quot or quot plugged in-charging quot Very weird I uninstalled the Battery ACPI driver through Device Manager but that did not help The other battery drivers are reporting up-to-date versions I tried removing the battery altogether and connected directly to the power It works for sometime and then suddenly the laptop shuts off So cannot use that solution either One other data point is that the original battery was V mAH watt hours whereas the replacement one is V mAH watt hours But it has the correct battery model number Could this be a cause I had thought this difference should not matter Any help on how to fix this Thanks very much

A:New Battery toggling between "charging" and "not charging"

Hello and welcome drpvrvena mate sounds lie you have a dud battery my friend the voltage difference could be a possible cause even though it is only 0.3v.

The cycling stuff is also in my humble opinion indicative of a faulty battery. Now battery drivers?? I have never heard of such a thing I mean a battery is a battery I think maybe you mean something to do with the charge circuitry

But just a matter of interest try running these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer

in that order delete any rubbish the malware scans find
Personally I would dump the AVG or at least pause it and see what happens with that charge problem.

If you ant to change to another security then let us know plenty of free suites and better than AVG (again not hard in my mind) .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309040-new-battery-toggling-between-charging-not-charging.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi there I ve been having a problem with my charger for a while now but it wasn t serious until recently A month or two ago my charger went from working completely normally to suddenly not being "no and then is charging battery detected" in/not battery plugged recognised This wasn t a big deal however because by holding the charger a certain way to the left kind of twisted or bringing it underneath the battery plugged in/not charging and then "no battery is detected" laptop it would charge like normally For the past few weeks however a notice has been popping up saying quot The AC power adaptor type can not be determined quot and then that follows up with a message underneath that stating that I should use a dell charger this is the original dell charger we got with the laptop quot This message however didn t matter back then because by twisting the charger a bit it would charge and so the message was irrelevant and would only pop up when the charger was plugged in and not twisted as far as I can remember Over the past couple of days though i ve noticed for my battery sign to sometimes randomly change to an X and when you hover over it it says quot no battery detected quot It will then randomly a second or two or a few minutes later switch to quot plugged in not charging quot and then to quot plugged in charging quot fluctuating randomly and for different intervals of time between these signs This as well wasn t much of a problem as my laptop was still charging at times and therefore I knew it wouldn t run out Now however the quot plugged in charging quot has completely disappeared and it fluctuates between quot plugged in not charging quot and quot battery not detected quot My charge at the moment is on so i m getting worried Ofc when the charger isn t held positioned a certain way it still doest recognise it and therefore works as it normally would without a charger the charge decreasing Do you possible know why this could be happening Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:battery plugged in/not charging and then "no battery is detected"

What is the exact model of Dell laptop you have? Look underneath on the label for Model information
For Dells of that time period, you must use a genuine Dell replacement AC adapter or you will get the reduced performance at startup message.... the Dell adapters so I have read, have a chip inside that informs the BIOS of the laptop that they are indeed, genuine Dell adapters.

Read about this issue here- and especially about the little test you can do before your power is all gone- you should do it just once, and I think you will get the "Unknown" message....

http://www.laptop-junction.com/toast/content/inside-dell-ac-power-adapter-mystery-revealed

Note that there is more than just one thing that can be wrong- the motherboard, the adapter chip, the power jack.... Please do NOT attempt the adapter repair at that site.... The power jacks can be replaced by a good repair shop that does soldering on motherboards.

test yours and if you do need a Dell AC adapter they can still be found but it does take some hunting since a LOT of helpful sales sites claim "Genuine Dell Replacements" but I have tried some of those and they did not work but when a real Dell AC adapter was connected, that BIOS message disappeared.

look on the label of the LAPTOP and see what AC Adapter watt rating ....ex: 65watt or 90w..... yours calls for and purchase the correct model.

I can help you find a genuine Dell if needed but test things first. Hope you can do this before the battery is all gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-plugged-in-not-charging-and-then-no-battery-is-detected.1149431/
Relevancy 100.62%

I am getting a message that I have power attached but the battery is not charging.  The Notebook is still in warrenty  How can I get service for a noptebook still in warranty?  Take it to the local dealer??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PC-has-power-connected-but-the-battery-is-not-charging/td-p/5836626
Relevancy 100.19%

Good Evening All,

I having a problem with my Dell Latitude D610.

I went to update the BIOS and it said that the battery is not installed despite the laptop running solely off of battery power!

I have ran the dell device diagnostic and device manager and no issue appears to be with the battery. When you check the battery info in the BIOS settings it says the batteries are not installed and also when you log into XP it constantly says running off of AC power even when its not plugged in!

Any one got any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

Thanks Nick

A:Dell Latitude "battery not installed" preventing BIOS update

It may be referring to the CMOS battery which is wired to the computer beneath the keyboard. The battery can be replaced for $8.95 to $29.95 depending on where you purchase...

But regardless, you do have a problem that must be resolved. The D610 has been one strange little irrelevant problem after another... but you cannot afford to irritate it and have that mysterious unremovable password appear as it has on so many D610 and D620 Dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-battery-not-installed-preventing-bios-update.135990/
Relevancy 99.76%

The battery stopped charging and the LED light on the laptop won't light up when the ac adapter is connected. The led light on the adapter itself is on. How do I get it to work again?  I also checked the battery status and it said "Excellent". I read somewhere that I should update the bios but now the laptoo won't turn on bevause even the battery is empty. I bought the laptop 10days ago.

A:My Inspiron 5459 is not charging its battery. "AC adapter is not recognized"

Hi REINNA,
Are you using an original Dell Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Could you check this adapter on another system if possible? When you press the power button on the system, do you see any leds come on atleast for a second or two? Does the light on the adapter stay on and stable when connected to the system or does it go off?
Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. If the system is under warranty, we can help book a service call.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984804
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi all Laptop is a years old HP Pavilion DM - ca Issue started a few months ago when laptop was shutting down at battery charging" "Plugged issue and in, at down 96% battery shuts Laptop not and when I plugged it it would charge until x and then say quot plugged in not charging quot In the meantime I upgraded to Windows and the issue wasn't solved I formatted and did a clean install of Windows and still not solved HP advised I revert back to Windows as this is the quot Laptop shuts down at 96% battery and "Plugged in, not charging" issue original quot OS for my somewhat old laptop So I just re-installed OEM Windows Home Premium SP that came with the laptop and the issue got worse now it shuts down at I also uninstalled and re-installed battery drivers didn't work I tested the battery in the HP UEFI Support environment and it passed so I can't calibrate it At this point I don't know what to do and I don't think it's a battery related issue because it never fully discharges The laptop just shuts down before Help

A:Laptop shuts down at 96% battery and "Plugged in, not charging" issue

This is battery issue, nothing relates to windows &or battery drivers, if any.

If you leave the battery plugged in all the time, with the main power on.
Sooner or later, battery will not be able to charge properly, as you encountered now.

The percentage you see may not be real, hence it may force the laptop to shutdown without warning.
There is nothing you can do, unless either get a new battery, or use it as home with main power on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399024-laptop-shuts-down-96-battery-plugged-not-charging-issue.html
Relevancy 99.33%

This new Dell Inspiron 11 3147 just arrived today.
The AC Adapter is "plugged in" but the battery is "not charging."
I've looked all over for help for this, Dell Diagnostic has found no problem, and I've had trouble getting a hold of customer service. The most commonly suggested idea has been to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft ACPI Complian Control Method Battery driver, which I have done.
The only thing I haven't messed with is the battery itself, which doesn't seem to be accessible without damaging the back, which is screwed on and secured well.
Any idea what's wrong?

A:Dell Inspiron 11 3147 Battery "Not Charging"

Update to my below post:
One day later, after the battery fully charged and all was well, I come back and it is back to the message "plugged in, not charging". I might see if reflashing the bios and rebooting will work again.
My original post on Dec 8, 2014:
I had this problem until this morning. In short, I updated the bios to Version A03,A03 (released Dec 2, 2014). Before that I did all the googling and messing about without success. Here's what to do:
1. Run "My Dell". You can access this by type Ctrl-Esc and then type in "My Dell" and clicking on the "My Dell" icon that comes up.
2. Click on the green "Drivers and Updates" panel. This should open a product support browser window.
3. Scroll down to the bottom beneath the section that says "These drivers match your selections" and click on the arrow next to "Bios"
4. Click on "Download file". Close all your other applications and run the file and follow the prompts. It will reboot for you at the end and the problem should be solved.
Good luck!
Ben
Version A03,A03

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19596307
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello My HP Pavilion dm laptop s battery was failing it started shutting down with no Low Battery warning after barely minutes after unplugging charging" battery laptop in, "Plugged not HP New - message it even with a full charge so I purchased and installed a new one which I purchased from Amazon com However this new battery has New HP laptop battery - "Plugged in, not charging" message me facing some new problems I frequently see the message quot Plugged in not charging quot over the battery icon in the lower right corner when the laptop is plugged in I ve tried multiple solutions to this problem including -Removing the battery driver software and restarting the laptop -Turning the laptop off unplugging the power cord taking out the battery plugging in the power cord replacing the battery and restarting -Unplugging the cord from the wall while laptop is running restarting the laptop then reconnecting the cord All of these solutions seemed to work but only for a short amount of time as it turned out In all three cases my laptop eventually started displaying the quot plugged in not charging quot text again I ve tried multiple sockets in two different houses but nothing seems to make any difference Another less annoying problem is that the laptop sometimes gives an inaccurate reading for the remaining battery life I started working on the laptop when it was fully charged and despite spending over an hour unplugged the battery life never dropped below Shutting and reopening the lid caused the laptop to display the actual percentage however Is something wrong with my new battery or could something else be causing this nbsp

A:New HP laptop battery - "Plugged in, not charging" message

Its either that the new battery is faulty or theres some kind of power supply problem.you might want to have it checked out to see what the exact problem is and go from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hp-laptop-battery-plugged-in-not-charging-message.1119302/
Relevancy 99.33%

I've had my computer since June 2011 and now it says this when I click on battery. Right now, it's 89% charged and won't charge anymore. I went to battery status and it said "Battery Charging Disabled" but I'm not sure why since I didn't change any battery settings. Under battery health it says "your battery is performing normally."What am i supposed to do ? 

A:Inspiron 17R N7110 battery says "Plugged in, Not charging."

Hi katie629,
We will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.
1. Start the computer by pressing the power button2. Press the F2 key 2-3 times3. You will now be on the BIOS screen4. Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type5. If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.6. Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.
Also, I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system and check if the Battery is charging Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/ZaQuel
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19522474
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi everyone,
I got a HP 530 laptop (vista home basic) from a friend to fix. It only powers on with battery power and not with ac power but it shows "Plugged In, Charging". If after powering up, you insert the ac adapter, it works fine although the battery doesn't charge.

Thanks

Relevancy 98.04%

So I've had this laptop Toshiba Satellite C - V since I think I had it since I started university and around early ("plugged Charged charging") Not not Being in, Battery this month I've been having problems with my battery it's not being charged There's a message that says quot plugged in not charging quot and I've tried multiple ways in Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging") trying to fix it Each day it would lose of power It would be at then the next day At the moment it's at At the bottom of my laptop is a little light that I'm assuming indicates how much power my laptop has or something it has a symbol of a battery and a plug beside it When I Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging") have my laptop plugged in with the AC-adapter it's green when it's unplugged it turns orange and starts flashing I have no idea if it was green or orange when my battery was Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging") still fully-charged I remember I had to replace my AC-adapter last summer because my old one was damaged but I don't think it has anything to do with that because it's been working fine until this month -I've tried the quot shut down unplugged AC remove battery replug start-up uninstall control method battery shut down unplug AC put battery back replug AC and start-up quot method but it didn't work -I tried disabling Toshiba Power Saver but that didn't effect anything -I read somewhere that completely draining the battery might work somehow except my battery refuses to go any lower than no matter what I do I'm beginning to think that my battery is just dead and gone I really hope not because the battery of my older sister's laptop around the same age as mine is also dead and she was told by an employee at Best Buy that a new battery is more expensive than an actual laptop a friend of mine told me that this is complete bull so I don't know what to believe I would really hate having both laptops replaced but it doesn't seem like I have any other options Unless of course someone can suggest something else that might get my battery charging again Thanks

A:Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging")

Yes, it sounds like your battery is dying. This is quite common, as they only have a lifespan of X number of charging cycles. Get a new battery.

A replacement laptop battery should be less than $100 US from the manufacturer. There is nothing wrong with generic batteries provided they are the EXACT same specification as the OEM battery (original equipment). These you should be able to find in the $50 -$60 range. You should be able to find a replacement battery on Amazon in minutes (or anywhere else - dedicated battery websites will provide you with more details for making an informed choice).

While not necessary I always buy a new charger to go along with a with a new battery.
It is VERY important that the charger have the EXACT same output voltage and amperage as the original equipment. Ignoring this rule can shorten the life of the battery, or the laptop.

Running the battery all the way down is a leftover from the days of NiCad batteries. It has no useful effect on modern Lithium Ion batteries.

The guy at Best Buy is an excellent salesman. A poor excuse for a human being, but a great salesman. I bet he won an award that year.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291236-battery-not-being-charged-plugged-not-charging.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a Battery not notice "plugged - charging" in, -year-old Toshiba satellite C with Windows Last night after I restarted it for updates the battery symbol read quot Plugged in not charging quot This is NOT Battery notice - "plugged in, not charging" the first time this happened to my computer A couple months ago the same notice appeared At that point in time I did some combination of shutting down removing battery unplugging etc and it was fixed Since then I have gotten a new AC adapter because my old one had a short Anyway I looked around on the internet tried a few things and eventually came across these instuctions Disconnect AC Shutdown Remove battery Connect AC Startup Uninstall AC Compliant control method Shutdown Disconnect AC Insert battery Connect AC Startup Battery notice - "plugged in, not charging" Yay It worked I moved my computer from one location to another and it was still working However when I got on the following morning it was back to the message quot Plugged in not charging quot Also the message came up again that I needed to restart my computer for updates even though I had done this the night before I retried the previous fix No luck I tried some other suggestions No luck In the meantime I ve taken out my battery so it doesn t die my computer works with only the AC in as well as with only the battery in or with both However I use my computer a lot and I m often in situations were plugging it in is not an option I also don t want it to shut down every time I unplug it I ve never replaced the battery but I am inclined to believe it s a software issue because it was temporarily fixed I potentially have the money to buy a new computer but that s a last resort and I m not so fond of either Apple or Windows nbsp

A:Battery notice - "plugged in, not charging"

I would say get yourself a new battery. If you got 3 years use out of it your doing well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-notice-plugged-in-not-charging.1089791/
Relevancy 98.04%

I've been having an issue which started this morning. The previous night, I forgot to plug in my Dell Inspiron N5050 after using it. I woke up to find that my battery had died (obviously). I plugged in the laptop, running Windows 7 HE 64 bit, and turned it on. It booted normally and I was able to do all of my tasks as needed. Then I noticed my problem. The battery icon down on the taskbar showed that the device was plugged in, but was not charging. It has stayed at a constant 2% charge for more than 24 hours now. The Battery Meter stated that my battery is performing normally, so I ruled the battery out as the cause. The adapter I am using is the default one that came with the laptop when I bought it, and it appears to be functioning normally as well. What could be the cause of this incident, and what can I do to fix it?

A:Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Most likely you have a bad battery. Dell has had whole series of batteries that they shipped out in a not fully functional state. I have an HP laptop (about 8 years old now) that the battery took a "steamy one" and it will no longer charge properly. You can try this trick (it may not work, but worth a try because did work for me a couple times): power down laptop and take the battery out for 30 minutes; replace battery and plug in charger but do not power on; wait 4 hours of charge and power on. I had it work a couple times that it gave a full 100% charge. Again, if it doesn't work then sorry, but at least you tried.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-stated-as-plugged-in-not-charging.203683/
Relevancy 96.75%

I don't even have a battery in my SONY VAIO VGN AR250G and, for the last few days, the "battery charging" light keeps blinking. I know I made some sort of setting change related to the dimming of the monitor last week, but don't remember what it was. That MAY or MAY NOT be related. Please advise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-charging-light-on-without-battery.648522/
Relevancy 96.32%

I recently did a clean install after my hard disc stopped working and had to be replaced.
Before this, my battery was working perfectly and lasted about 5-6 hours. However, after installing Windows 7 Ultimate x86 again, my laptop doesn't seem to charge anymore above 2%. The second I take off my adapter, the laptop turns off.

I can't find any drivers for the battery or anything related on the ASUS website. I was also wondering if this could possibly be a problem with my Hybrid Graphics, since my NVIDIA G210M graphics card wasn't working well either and had to be uninstalled.

I also tested to see if it was a problem with my adapter, but my laptop works without the battery connected, with just the adapter being plugged in.

So how can I get my battery working again without having to replace it? (I don't think it's a hardware problem anyways). Thanks in advance.

A:"Plugged in, Not Charging" - Battery

Hi there
Hate to say it but your battery needs replacing. It DOES happen on laptops from time to time especially if you have had the laptop a while.

Also modern manufacturing tolerances or QC isn't as good as it used to be --emphasis is on cheapness and get the stuff out of the door as fast as possible so you could have got a "bad" one too. Just the luck of the draw unless its within warranty period.

When they die they go quite suddenly -- no warning or whatever -- rather like car batteries -- OK one day and then dead as a dodo the next.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235294-plugged-not-charging-battery.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have had this Acer Aspire Laptop (Win7) for less than two years.
Yesterday it had an update session, after which I had to restart it 2 or 3 times, as the programs would not respond. Since that I had not shut down my computer.
(Not being plugged in right now)
This morning at 7:45 am I open it, do some school stuff, no problems, I close it again.
At 10 am I open it again, it says I "may need to replace battery" and "may shut down suddenly" (lets call this BR)
I close my laptop until I can plug it in.
11:30 am I plug it in, still says BR, I shut it off, take out the battery, put it back, plug it in, turn it on
nothing has changed
It's charging fine
What should I do? is there anything I can do besides replacing the battery?

A:Charging "Consider replacing your battery"

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
You might find this useful:
What should I do if I receive a "Consider replacing your battery" notification?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305513-charging-consider-replacing-your-battery.html
Relevancy 95.89%

i Bought a new laptop DELL inspiron i model I had problems with it like BSOD slow perfomance and touchpad I contacted not Failure" State charging!!:( "Driver Power while BSOD!! dell and they replaced the Hard BSOD!! "Driver Power State Failure" while not charging!!:( drive as well as the touchpad But i was still getting BSOD whenevr i open the dell touchpad properties So i uninstalled the driver Also when i launch Crysis the game freezes at the game launch itself and the touchpad stops working but mouse works and then BSOD I uninstalled the nvidia geforce m driver completely and installed the beta version but still i am facing the problem And the most important thing is that this happens only while i use my laptop on its battery When i plug in the charger it never happens i never see bsod while charging Today i tried something i was using my laptop with the AC adapter plugged in charging and then i suddenly unplugged it and my touchpad froze while external mouse still working and i got the error BSOD quot DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE quot Games like sniper cod ghosts works fine but when i launch crysis or GTA i get the error But when plugged in all the games works smoothly Please help me i have bought this laptop just days before One more thing Last time when i reformatted my hard drive old one this problem was solved but with is new hard drive i have formatted it times and installing windows but it didnt help me

A:BSOD!! "Driver Power State Failure" while not charging!!:(

Minidump file is missing. Please upload it.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56355-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-while-not-charging.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Need the aforementioned drivers.  I have installed virtually every driver available in the Driver download page inc Control Vault and cannot get the two driver mentioned.

Any help would be appriciated 

A:Need drivers for Dell Latitude E6520 "Broadcom USH" & "Mass Storage Controller" Windows 7 64 Bit

Check under Security for the Broadcom Unified Security Hub (USH - probably a print/biometric reader) for the device that best matches your hardware:
www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6520
The other "mass storage controller" ... go to Device Manager, right-click the device in question, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids and give me the the VEN and DEV ID's (do the same for the above USH device if the driver linked does not work).  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19487460
Relevancy 89.87%

So I have my background set to change to another picture in a slideshow once a day, but I often use the laptop unplugged, and the slideshow doesn't change.

The first few days I was confused, but then I realized that the option "Allow slideshow when on battery power" was turned off, so i turned it on, but the background still wouldn't change the next day. I've now realized that every time I close Settings, the option defaults to "off".

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/55957-allow-slideshow-battery-power-turns-itself-off.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guysI have a problem with battery charging. I'm using my laptop at home. So  I'd like to stop chargin my battery at 80% and start at 40%. I hope it can extend battery life. My battery is always charged to 100 %. I've seen this option in other Dell laptops (e5550,  but on my laptop I Can't  find it.

A:Latitude E7450 - problem with battery charging

Hi TOM3636,
Restart the system and press f2 on startup to enter BIOS - Go to Power Management -> Primary battery charge configuration and change custom settings.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987557
Relevancy 84.28%

Since I ve now recently been ensnared in this problem of Dell computers which suddenly and inexplicably no longer seem to be capable of charging the laptop battery D600 Battery AC - Latitude Dell Charging Not - although the AC adaptor still appears to be fully functional in terms of powering the laptop I thought I would attempt to post the definitive thread on this issue in an attempt to identify a solution I have a probably year old Dell Latitude D laptop purchased used and running Windows XP Professional without any problems for the past - years As an electronics engineer I have no problem in diagnosing and repairing minor eletrical problems to include laptop computers About Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery days ago during a reboot I got the message saying that quot Warning An unknown AC power adapter has been detected gt preventing optimal system performance Strike the Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery F key before the F gt or F key if you do not want to see power warning messages again quot Not knowing what to make of that in terms of the implications I hit F Only Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery a day or so later I noticed that one of my two laptop batteries had drained to zero and appeared to not be charging correctly I checked my two laptop batteries using the built-in test button and both showed OK although one was fully discharged So the batteries are OK In checking the AC adaptor using a voltmeter I checked the output and the output was right up to spec with the output right at V I examined the laptop AC connector port and it appeared to be both solidly soldered with the connections all clean Since I know that the AC adaptor has very few moving parts few none and since one of the batteries I have is relatively new I m pretty sure the batteries and laptop are not the problem So the battery and the AC adaptor upstream all the way to the laptop all appears solid I m somewhat hazy on the internal mechanism in the laptop that detect a battery level discharge and routes power to the battery for charging while the laptop is in a powered-on or powered-off status - although I will assume it functions somewhat similar to the alternator in a car and how a car battery is charged So something physical or software has happened that has thwarted the charging mechanism My guess is something physical since during the time of my problem no software changes come to mind That suggests a physical problem I ve read some threads suggestions problems with the motherboard but I speculate that those are mostly nonsense - since no other problems associated with the motherboard have emerged My best guess is that there s some problem with the Power Circuit Board although I can t discount some other sensor failure problem that has caused the battery charging to fail This represents the extent of my best sense of the problem I won t discount all end-users problems that may possibly originate at the battery or AC adaptor level but I have definitively eliminated those issues as problems on my end so in proposing answers don t offer up either of those - or the quot motherboard quot issue as solutions either Any other possible suggestions on the way to a possible solution and if this has been as large a problem as what I ve read - any input from Dell on a solution I ll happily accept the fact that nothing lasts forever without breaking so I m not sure why I ve seen nothing very compelling on this subject from Dell nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery

This can happen when you run a battery right down to 0%. Once there, it may never come back. I had a C600 battery do this to me. I fully discharged it, and it never took a charge again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d600-ac-not-charging-battery.786460/
Relevancy 82.99%

I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have tried to change it and restart. It will either revert upon restart or shortly after. It will revert back even if I do not restart.

A:Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

That sounds like my problem - I leave the computer for an hour and it is shut down (I think sleep mode). I just need to hit the power button and it comes on to where it was when I left - but 2 of my USB devices are lost so I have to restart the computer anyway.

I changed all the power settings to NEVER. But his doesn't seem to make any difference......

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/33921-power-option-turning-off-display-remains-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have been getting the BSOD since a few weeks and found out by trial and error that a USB-hub is causing the problem. Whenever I disconnect the hub before I shut off the computer I do not get the blue screen.
Yesterday I also got a BSOD that mentioned driver power state failure. After I had de-installed Ubuntu 10.04 (I wanted to see what people are talking about but did not really like it) that problem did not show up again, although I do not know if that is just coincidence.

I have enclosed the dump files as per your instructions and hope that somebody will be able to help me.
Thank you.

A:BSOD with "usbhub.sys" and "driver power state failure"

Welcome!

It does look as if your USB drivers are causing the issue.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 03:41:32.255 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:47.502
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9482319c, ad39bb40, ad39b720}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for libusb0.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Probably caused by : libusb0.sys ( libusb0+428c )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 03:46:15.009 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.272
BugCheck 124, {0, 8752f544, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 05:22:31.146 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:23.393
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9444b19c, adb53b40, adb53720}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:04:28.103 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:08.365
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 863e9798, 83943b24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:35:12.200 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:06.447
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 86403020, 8396ab24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sat May 8 08:41:03.887 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:47:33.010
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467919c, b3f10b40, b3f10720}
Debug session time: Sat May 1 18:44:19.351 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:50:58.598
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9443619c, adf69b40, adf69720}
Debug session time: Thu Apr 29 04:59:54.140 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:25:46.402
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467f19c, ad7d9b40, ad7d9720}
Debug session time: Tue Apr 27 18:42:43.646 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:02:53.908
BugCheck 7E, {c0000005, 9442a19c, afaf7b40, afaf7720}
Probably cau... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83880-bsod-usbhub-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all. My battery wouldnt hold a charge so i decided to replace it with a new dell extended life battery.
problem is, when i plug in the charger all i get is plugged in, not charging.
i have tried
1- removing battery and charger and holding power button for 20sec
2-deleted and reinstalled the battery drivers
3- loaded my bios by default
i have tried another dell charger, though mine is proper volts and amps also.
i have heard some people need to update bios, but i cant do this now battery is at 8% and i flung the old battery out.

any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996991
Relevancy 82.13%

i have tried to power it up with power ac plugged in and without. on/off power button flashes white.
battery is inside "sealed" and may be difficult to access.
ran fine yesterday, shut down with 20% battery life.

if the ac plug is unplugged then i can get the led to turn off but once pushed, it ony flashes. no results

warranty is expired.
unit manufactured april 23 2015

i currently have it plugged in but no flashing light as i have not pushed the power button. im hoping that it will take a charge or correct itself with time.

what do you suggest? thank you

A:i have a lenovo edge 15 model80k9. led power light is blinking but computer will not repond. no power up . the battery is "s

Try the following...

1. Take out (or take it off) the charger.
2. Next take out the battery
3. Now hold down power button for 20 seconds and then rinsert battery.
4. Now put it on the charger again

NOTE: Make sure charger is plugged into the main power supply (not an extension cord, surge protector, etc.)

Sometimes, when the device is not plugged in directly, it doesn't get the power it needs. Holding the power button, while you restart it, clears out the temporary ram (no it won't delete anything you have saved) and will give the device access to the ram it needs.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123715/lenovo-edge-model80k9-led-power-light-blinking-computer-repond-power-battery.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

I know that the processor uses more electricity the more cycles it performs, and I leave mine underclocked unless I'm playing a game or something.

But what about RAM? Does full/addressed RAM use more electricity than empty/unused RAM?

Or to put it more practically, if I leave my 500MB of Firefox tabs loaded but untouched for 7 hours while I sleep will it use more power than if I had closed and then reopened them?

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I am writing this as I have hopelessly tried all methods found online without success I have an XPS bought in France I move to Singapore and my original DELL AC adapter was spoiled So I went to the nearest store and bought a third party adapter Everything works out fine for a while Now my laptop won t charge "plugged 15 but - in not Battery, battery disabled Built in XPS Dell charged", anymore stuck at nbsp My laptop only turn on if it is plugged under ac adapter nbsp When I unplug the ac adapter my laptop turn off When I turn on my laptop it says quot this battery charging is temporarily disabled press F for entering BIOS Menu quot nbsp In BIOS Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled under battery health it is said quot this battery Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled is temporarily disabled please turn off the computer and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature quot nbsp I have this problem systematically my laptop is not heated I even bring it to a repair shop here in Singapore but they do not even have the parts to test nbsp Please help nbsp I am willing to buy a new battery or new adapter but I am not even sure if that s the problem Thank you

A:Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled

Please list exact Dell model and version of windows. Example: Dell XPS 9550, windows 10

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963068
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello Sorry for being away from posting on the forum since a long time though I have been visiting the forum lot many times without logging in - mainly through with Battery "Low after-market Studio False - Alarm" Dell battery Google search That shows how effective the website False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio really is Since some time a very persistent error has been bothering me and I thought it best to come here and post the issue After my original battery for my Dell Studio -bit computer False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio died I replaced batteries thrice one after another the computer is five years old The three replacement batteries were Dell - False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio exact replacement Wh LB - matching specs but Wh Dell - exact replacement Wh Since the second replacement battery the Low Battery Alarm has been disturbing me each time that The computer is restarted with the main power disconnected The main power jack is removed after a charge The main power jack is removed anytime Since in the first place I never set this alarm manually I am assuming there could either be a Dell specific registry issue with after-market batteries though I don't understand why Either way the irritant must go I checked Advanced Power Options under Power Scheme but found nothing that would give me a hint of what's wrong The alarm screenshot is attached Any help would be welcome

A:False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio

Rule out the OS and Drivers by downloading a Linux LiveCD and booting from that See if you get the same errors/alarms/warnings.
If you do it could be a faulty charging circuit in your laptop. Check with Dell and see if they have a battery calibration tool. Sometimes completely running the battery flat a couple of times does a "reset" kind of thing.
Sorry I can't think of anything else just now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349284-false-low-battery-alarm-after-market-battery-dell-studio.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Since update to Windows 10 I have one laptop that the sound does not work.  Troubleshooting says"Generic Audio Driver" --Not Fixed.  I have installed the latest updated driver. I have 50 of these same models that are working perfectly.  No  maintenance or parts have been worked on or replaced.  What is my next step in resolving this issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19992522
Relevancy 80.41%

Good afternoon,
I have a dell latitude E5540 that won't work with VGA monitors. The laptop will pick up the monitor within control panel and the intel graphics utility but will not send an image to it. I have tried this with extending and duplicating the desktop. I have updated the graphics card, bio's, swapped cables, tried a different monitor but still it will not work. 
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Latitude E5540 VGA Issue

Hi Blakesale,
Thanks for writing to us.
Is this the first time are you trying the VGA port?
You have tried almost everything we would suggest (updating video drivers, bios, different monitor and cables etc). But as the issue is still the same the only thing we can think of is hardware failure.
If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994612
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,
I have upgraded my dell latitude e5540 from windows 8.1 to windows 10.
the problem is that whenever i try to add my index fingerprint to windows hello it crashes with this message:
" Sorry something went wrong.
Close windows hello, and then try going through the setup again"
It works for any other fingerprint, i have tested it and it works.
the error only appear when i try to add my right index fingerprint.
i have tried uninstalling the driver, reinstalling, uninstalling the software from the control panel, i tried everything i found on the net and nothing helped.

A:Problem with windows hello Latitude e5540

Hi OMARYOSS,
Rather strange that all other fingerprints are accepted and not the right index finger. 
Does it work with Fast Access? If you don't have Fast Access installed, then download and install the same - http://dell.to/1XCSjvX
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1MBd0HZ - and also reinstall the chipset and Dell Data Protection Security Tools and check if required.
Create a new local admin account and check if it works there.
Lastly, if your right index finger has scars / cuts - then it might possibly not work - see this thread where some users have reported the same issue - http://bit.ly/1NvEbPe
No Offense, but could you check if it works with a person in your family?
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682241
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,

i have purchased a second hand Latitude E5540. The problem is that nothing shows up on the internal display, when i connect a display to the VGA port it works fine. Even during POST so it can't be driver related. Loading defaults in BIOS and updating it to the newest version didn't help.
Any ideas what to try?TIA

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988929
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Compaq CQ with Windows Home Premium x When I plug the charger in to the laptop the light on the side will illuminate connected show but charging. not Windows is battery charger will and the charging light in the front will go solid When I boot into windows the battery icon will not show a charger connected just my battery although my battery will still charge I have watched the charge rise while plugged in If I remove the battery then windows will switch to show an AC adapter I have replaced the battery with a new one and there was no change Windows will not show charger connected but battery is charging. I replaced the charger with a new one Windows will not show charger connected but battery is charging. and there was no change I reinstalled windows with no change I ran SFC checker and no errors were found I uninstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery with no change I've switched power plans with no change I can't seem to get Windows to show a charger connected which causes problems with things I need to do occasionally that require a charger to be connected Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395321-windows-will-not-show-charger-connected-but-battery-charging.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I am connected to the network, and as you see I am online. But my Wireless Network Connection says that i am not connected to the network! It shows that red X. Can you tell me what is wrong with it? Its annoying and i keeps throwing me off. What should i do?
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\George>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : matrix
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-F0-CD-55-07
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 77.91.190.21
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:13:49 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:13:49 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\George>

A:Internet is working, but my "wireless internet connection" says "not connected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-is-working-but-my-wireless-internet-connection-says-not-connected.809345/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I recently upgraded my Latitude e from win to win after a month or so I started experiencing getting a endless loop of quot system recovery quot startups that I struggled with- after that went unsolved for days and left me laptopless it managed to boot up properly on "No Latitude startup- Bootable Dell e6530 Devices" win10 once then after nbsp I thought i d try to nbsp defragment my drivers and pray I closed it for the night only to reopen it the next day to a black screen that says "No Bootable Devices" on startup- Dell Latitude e6530 win10 quot No Bootable devices quot then options like f to retry f for setup utility and f to open the preboot system assessment none of these options have "No Bootable Devices" on startup- Dell Latitude e6530 win10 lead to any answers so now i m using a friends laptop to ask for help- I tried looking for results by searching for win issues for days so I thought id try looking into the actual laptop for things like how to factory reset if it comes to that or for different quot f -f quot startup options that I don t know about I don t know i m clueless at this point I m sure it has to do with the windows system- like somehow my computer doesn t have any operating system on it I don t "No Bootable Devices" on startup- Dell Latitude e6530 win10 know If possible I d like to resolve this without losing my files and stuff but i m willing to lose them all if needed any help is appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983191
Relevancy 78.26%

I suspect that this is a out-of-the-box issue (as the power button doesn't light up, either), but maybe I'm missing something...

This particular unit fired up, as expected, and took our standard image. Somewhere along the way (probably during one of its reboots), I noticed that the display went out. Powering it down and back on didn't resolve it, nor did resetting the BIOS. Dell Diags run without issue, and I can boot Windows into Safe Mode...but as soon as I boot Windows normally, it blanks after "Starting Windows" flashes by.

A:Latitude E7440 Display goes Black / Blank after "Starting Windows"

Aarrgghh! I'm kicking myself. It was something I discovered some time ago, and since forgot...

I had them stacked! I shut down one E7440, placed another on top of it, and proceeded to image this second unit. At some point, I must have shifted it ever so slightly...putting it right over whatever the heck is in the cover/lid of the first unit's display!? (A magnetic field, is my guess.) And "blank" goes the second unit's display...knocking out the power button's light, as a bonus.

It worked as expected, when I moved this unit to another location, in order to tap into an HDMI flat-panel. And it blanked out, as soon as I put it back on top of the first E7440. Mystery solved.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19566374
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

Over in notebook review (http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/565905-e6520-owners-thread-14.html#post7512511) we have been exhaustively trying to determine if the "FLASH SATA" port marked on the E6520 motherboard can use an mSATA drive, PCIE SATA drive, etc....

So far, nothing.  So, I am turning to the Dell community in the hopes we can find someone who knows about this slot and its functionality.

The question is simple - as stated above - what types of drives can be plugged into this slot?  Is the interface wired for mSATA, PCIE, or what?

It would be great to have a ~32GB boot drive in this slot, with the primary HD slot reserved for a large mechanical "storage" drive.

I eagerly await any useful information on this topic...

Thanks,

Ran

A:Latitude E6520 "FLASH SATA" port - **what* can be used in this slot???

It is for an m-SATA SSD card.  For example,
www.intel.com/.../solid-state-drives-310-series.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19421764
Relevancy 78.26%

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit and have all the drivers loaded, I think, except one:
Mass Storage Controller
Can't find the driver, don't know what it is. I've installed the chipset driver, the ATA driver, etc. Still it shows as not found.
Any tips or leads would help.

A:Latitude e5420 can't find "Mass Storage Controller"

Hi benhenny,
You might need to install the O2Micro OZ600xxx memory card reader driver from link: http://dell.to/Zh2RDQ 

Please reply for further clarifications.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19497147
Relevancy 78.26%

THE KEYBOARD S ARE FLIPPING OUT I HAVE SEVERAL SPARES THAT I INSTALLED AND THEY ALL DO THE SAME THING BUT WITH DIFFERENT KEYS MOST KEYS WORK BUT 400XT LATITUDE "MISFIRES" DELL KEYBOARD LETTERS SOME ON SECTIONS DELL LATITUDE 400XT KEYBOARD "MISFIRES" ON SOME LETTERS DO NOT AND THE STRANGE THING IS DELL LATITUDE 400XT KEYBOARD "MISFIRES" ON SOME LETTERS IF I PUT IN ANOTHER KEYBOARD THE FAR LEFT KEYS Q A Z X DO NOT WORK AT ALL AND AT OTHER TIMES IT WILL THROU IN M N lt EXC DELL LATITUDE 400XT KEYBOARD "MISFIRES" ON SOME LETTERS F- AND THERE SEEMS NO LOGIC TO IT I USED A DRIVE FROM ANOTHER DELL AND WENT BACK AND FORTH AND THE GOOD COMPUTER THE KEYBOARDS SEEM TO WORK AND THE DRIVES I DID A LITTLE WITH THE CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS FOR US ENGLISH AND NO CHANGE ON A COUPLE OF KEYBOARDS INSTEAD OF ANY LETTERS I GET BEEPS WHEN I PRESS KEYS I AM VERY CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO I EVEN CLEARED THE COMPUTER BIOS SETTINGS BY DISCONECTING POWER INCLUDING THE INTERNAL BATTERY REINSTALLED a- AND NO CHANGE I HAVE LITTLE TO OFFER BUT GRATITUDE FOR AN ANSWER AND THAT YOU WILL GET PLENTY OF FROM ME nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-400xt-keyboard-misfires-on-some-letters.31137/
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently upgraded to Office 2010...all was fine until recently i had this weird problem in Power Point '10.

I added an Entrance effect to a picture quite easily...but when I tried to add an Exit effect I found out that the Entrance effect was being overwritten in the "Animation Pane".
Again on re-adding the Entrance effect..the Exit effect was being overwritten.

FYI this is happening with everything (pics,text boxes,smart art).It seems you can't add two different effects to the same item.
It should be noted that I experienced no such problems with Power Point 2007...there the Entry and Exit effects were added in separate lines in the Animation Pane.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-entrance-effects-and-exit-effects-on-the-same-item-in-power-point-2.996476/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,
I can't reload Win 7 on this nice old Latitude E4200. 
Repair and reload from restore from restore point don't work, always bombs out with Win restore error detail "Bad Patch".  (There is no 'Dell' option in the repair/ diagnostic menu.)  So, I downloaded a boot image to USB port as instructed. 
On Win7 re-install from USB boot, Step 1 diagnostics and Step 2 backup worked cleanly, but wouldn't proceed to Step 3, with the following error: Samsung SSD PB22-JS3 FDE TM 128GB: "Cannot get Smart status".
Can anyone please enlighten me?
THANKS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994958
Relevancy 77.83%

Greetings,

I have a refurbished Latitude E6500 that "sees" my network fine and is connected to it, but won't recognize my printer on the same network. i know it is not the printer as two other devices can "see" (and use) my printer. My printer is a Cannon PMA 450 some thing er other. Anyone have any way to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Lee Ecke

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683092
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi problem: detected" battery is "No Laptop battery everyone My laptop battery seemed like it had loads of life left in it but one day Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected" it just suddenly stopped working and my laptop started saying quot no battery is detected quot I contacted the insurance people and they came over to check that the battery was dead and that it wasn't a problem with my laptop itself They confirmed that I just needed a new battery and sent me a new one Now with the new battery in it is saying the exact same thing quot no battery is detected quot and only working off power from the charger If I take the battery out and then put it back in again the laptop says quot plugged in and charging quot for a few seconds before switching back to saying quot no battery is detected quot and completely ignoring the battery I know that the problem must be with the laptop and not the battery so does anybody know how I can fix this problem Thanks

A:Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected"

Hi and welcome to TSF please try removing the battery and the ac adapter and hold down the power button for 45 secs then try booting with the battery alone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-battery-problem-no-battery-is-detected-644309.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Okay, so I've been having a few programs with my computer...this including slowness, poor wifi connections, and odd performance of wacom tablets.

The problems with a tablet are described in more detail here--> http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1...ml#post1658350

Recently, before I signed into windows, a message on a black screen popped up stating something about my internal battery needing to be replaced. I'm on an HP pavilion laptop // HP pavilion entertainment PC.

Could the problems I mentioned above be related to the battery? I desperately need to be able to use my tablets for my major in college, and are majorly concerned with how they've been acting poorly with my laptop...could just replacing the battery work?

Also, would the 'internal battery' still be the battery that is capable of being removed from the laptop? Or does a laptop of two batteries?

A:"Internal battery" notices..what problems could a low battery cause?

This is the CMOS battery it is talking about. It should be replaced asap. But this is not a do it yourself job in a laptop. Better have some expert deal with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/197857-internal-battery-notices-what-problems-could-low-battery-cause.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Symptoms reads Charger "Plugged Laptop in, not charging" It reads available Plugged in not charging HP Battery Care Adviser tells me that the battery needs replacing Battery was losing a charge Plugged Laptop Charger reads "Plugged in, not charging" in not charging whilst on the HP dock I transferred it to the charge on the computer itself and it charged up to The dock still reads my peripherals external hard drives just fine I don t need portability with my notebook The reason I have it is because I typically spend nine months of the year in one country and three months in another Otherwise I d simply use a desktop So I ve only used the battery without the charger in a handful of times Notebook is only eleven months old I have no other problems I run Vista bit SP I read online that a BIOS flash may solve the problem I m not too keen on a BIOS flash but I checked just to make sure and yes HP released a new BIOS - My own is of course a year old Thoughts notebook runs fine if it ain t broke don t fix it This computer is like the Berlin wall of my life If this goes the whole thing goes so I tend to be paranoid What do you think Do I get a new battery Do I just be fastidious about backups and not worry about it Your thoughts appreciated Thank you Longstreet nbsp

A:Laptop Charger reads "Plugged in, not charging"

If you don't use it on battery then I would say no need to replace it - its not required for the proper operating of the computer. It does provide one nice feature, if the power goes out then you can keep running the laptop and not have it power off on you and lose your data. However being less then a year old I would be contacting HP and complaining, a battery should last more then that. If HP advises a BIOS update when you talk to them then I would do it, if it breaks its their fault, but it doesn't affect the data on the drive which if you care about then you'll already have it backed up to at least one other location.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-reads-plugged-in-not-charging.850743/
Relevancy 77.4%

i have dell inspiron n4050
3 days ago when i plugged in charger my laptop is not charging. when i put mouse on battery symbol it says "plugged in not charging"
when i shutdown my laptop sometime it getting charged(1,2 times a day).
when i start it same problems occurs.  a notification appears" The AC power adapter type cannot be determined"

A:Dell Inspiron N4050 "Plugged in not Charging"

Hi waqas189,
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

Switch off the computer.
Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
Remove the battery from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Also, we will need to determine if the issue is with the AC adapter or Battery. We will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.

Start the computer by pressing the power button
Press the F2 key 2-3 times you will now be on the BIOS screen.
Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.
Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.
Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the battery. You can download Support assist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on Battery to check for issues
http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19647438
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all I 9350 Not new in, "Plugged fiasco XPS Charging" Brand need Brand new XPS 9350 "Plugged in, Not Charging" fiasco help I m pretty frustrated with Dell and I m hoping there s some resolution I can find here because the four tech support customer service reps I ve spoken to have been unable to resolve my issue I ordered my XPS on Monday July th with day shipping It arrived on Wednesday the st I plugged it in started it up and began configuring it Once I got to Windows I noticed the quot Plugged in Not Charging quot status on the batter in the task bar with a battery of I did some research and found a number of suggestions but most of them either A happened to their laptop after they had owned if for a while and or B it would not charge past a certain percentage I ran a diagnostic at startup and it indicates it cannot detect a battery The Diagnostics page in BIOS indicates no battery communication though the stock W charger is working fine BIOS version is and I know is out but Dell requires there to be at least battery to update BIOS and well I fall about shy of that number Splendid nbsp After this initial investigation I hopped into tech support chat After some discussion it was recommended to return the defective device and receive a new one Annoying but acceptable After being transferred around to a number of CSR s I eventually was told I could not return the device for a new one so I could either send it in to be inspected and fixed which would take business days or go back to tech support and receive a discount I have no idea what they meant by that but I was pretty upset Eventually decided to call and spoke with tech support for an hour He decided the battery was the issue and would have one sent to me next-day I m a little disappointed I have to disassemble my brand new laptop and install it myself but I m certainly capable so I agree Now it has been nearly a week and the service ticket is still is Status Delayed with an nbsp Estimated Arrival Date which is either in months ago or I ve been displaced to Europe without my knowledge nbsp I need to know what my best course of action is I need to be able to use this laptop on battery power not just plugged in as soon as possible as this was purchased to be used while traveling Return for a refund buy a new one Wait for the battery and hope that s the problem and not hardware BIOS lt insert issue here gt Escalate this somehow and get someone who actually can help me Thanks so much for all your help I d be happy to provide order service tag Request Dispatch if it will help Kevin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991059
Relevancy 77.4%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics 1425 Dell "plugged in, Studio charging" not Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD v Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc VF FR A L K CN D Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Yesterday I had a Dell service onsite service technician come to my house to work on my computer He replaced my palm rest keyboard touchpad and mousebuttons and my WLAN card had a V key missing left mouse button was not working and was having issues with high-bandwidth internet connectivity Since he replaced these my computer has stopped being able to charge Unfortunately I did not notice this until after he left My first question is would Dell be willing to help me with this issue Dell Studio 1425 "plugged in, not charging" My warranty expired August rd and I opened the previous warranty service before it expired So far I have flashed my bios deleted and redownloaded the driver for the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in the Device Manager shut off my computer without the battery and wiggled the charging jack to check whether it was a connection issue and I have used an identical charger to the one I have None of these have caused any change Any help would truly be appreciated Thanks so much Dan nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1425 "plugged in, not charging"

More than likely the laptop battery will have to be replaced.you can get an exact replacement from dell but i doubt any warranty will cover it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1425-plugged-in-not-charging.1014677/
Relevancy 77.4%

hey guys i know the general solution to the problem "uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and all but like an idiot.. i uninstalled mine in safe mode = its not showing up again like it would once you scan for hardware changes..

SO

I need a way to get my Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery back because now I have TWO problems.. 1, still won't charge.. and 2, I cannot see the battery icon or enable it and don't have my Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.

Please Help!! =[[[

A:"plugged in not charging.." - driver deletion issue!!

I have userd the method on a few laptops, It is only partially succesful. But, Nomally on a reboot, it reinstalls itself unless you do actually have a hardware problem in your machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171470-plugged-not-charging-driver-deletion-issue.html
Relevancy 77.4%

This is my first post ever in a forum because I really need help Kinda weeks ago I was in Portugal and came across to a relly good discount at one Satellite Clicl Mini L W-B- I bought it and then came back to Brazil Everything was just fine only the charger cable broke during my flight but Idk if buying a new miniusb cable is suck a big deal to the computer until one the computer turned of because the battery died and I haven't managed to turn it on until now I plug the charger it shows the lightning and everything but it doesn't charges I have tried leave it for a whole day AND night but nothing and it doesnt turns on I not MINI is on L9W-B-102" My "SATELLITE charging. or CLICK turning really want it to turn on Besides the obvious I want it to work 'cause I have lots of homework saved only in it Ps I would have gone to help by now but I can't 'cause there's no Toshiba help shop in Rio

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93424-My-quot-SATELLITE-CLICK-MINI-L9W-B-102-quot-is-not-turning-on-or-charging
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Please let Dell know how many of nbsp you nbsp are experiencing the following problem I regularly find that nbsp with a nbsp single keystroke my brand new Dell Latitude e laptop randommly produces spaces most often and double letters sommewhat less often than the doubled spaces but consistently and nbsp predictably The faster I type the more oftenn the errors occur I have nbsp found nbsp letters and doubles e5540 Latitude spaces Dell randomly it to be an issue of how hard I strike the keys The keys nbsp controlled by my dominant right hand are most often affected whereas those controlled by my pinkie fingers NEVER have been affected Dell Latitude e5540 doubles letters and spaces randomly I nbsp amm only one of many employees at my place nbsp of nbsp work who all are experiencing the same problemm I have asked repeatedly for Dell to let me know the extent of this problem and whether they have a recall of this model which as far as I can tell is pervasive with this particular mmodel My persistent questions have never been answered by Dell despite numerous contacts with different agents Please join me in pressuring Dell to address this problem nbsp Thannks -Jay P S If you notice double letters where there should nbsp be single letters or nbsp nbsp extra spaces in this e-mail and this post scrippt please read on for the reasonn I am using the brand new Dell Latitude e computer our school system recently purchased to write this e-mail I have simmply givven up nbsp editing my typing you re getting the spontaneous errors caused by this computer so you can see for yourself and hopefully help me to motivate Dell to fix the problemm soonner rather than latter nbsp IMPORTANTLY if you are having similar problems with YOUR BRAND NEW Dell Latitude e laptop you specifically will NOT have tthese problems if you use an external keyboard it only occurs with the laptop s built in keyboard PLEASE send me your servvice nbsp tag S N nummber from the bottom of your Delll LLatitude e computer and I will include your commputer in my conntact with Delll about this problem It is nbsp a problemm of this particular model I have never experiennced this before with any other computer

A:Dell Latitude e5540 doubles letters and spaces randomly

This is now fixed with the latest BIOS update. 
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=N08MD&fileId=3384660450&osCode=W764&productCode=latitude-e5540-laptop&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19581331
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 10 Pro 64Bit on this Dell Latitude E5540 laptop but can't get the fingerprint working... 

I also installed the Dell data protection security tool for windows 10 (version: 1.6.1.1055,A14) from Dell E5540 Support and Drivers page.

Windows had already recognized the the fingerprint reader as Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=003f) under Biometrics. But whenever I run the Dell Data Protection Console and try to register my fingerprint it always says:

"The fingerprint reader is not connected. Connect the reader."

The device is enabled in device manager and has no errors. It used to work fine when I had windows 7. Am I missing some drivers or software for Windows 10? I need the FP reader working ASAP.

Can anyone please help me out?

This has been resolved. See AFURSTER Posts below.

A:[Solved] Latitude E5540 - Fingerprint / Biometric not working Windows 10

Still waiting to hear back... I need to get the fingerprint reader working... :(
Is anyone else having issues with the fingerprint reader on their laptop?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19649260
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, just got my new Latitude E5540 with backlit keyboard. I can't find the time-out setting for the backlight keyboard. It switches off after only 10 seconds and I have to hit a key to switch it back on. I need the backlight always on (because of the lighting conditions I'm working in).
My Latitude E5540 Windows 8.1 pro has no <Dell Quickset> or "Dell Customised" <Windows Mobility Center> installed. Does anyone know where the settings are hidden on this model, or is there an application missing in my laptop?
I've tried BIOS settings as well but there are only OFF and BRIGHTNESS level, no time-out.
Thanks for any suggestions. Pete.

A:Where are thebacklit keyboard time-out settings, Latitude 15 E5540 Windows 8

I need this too. The backlight keeps turning off and it's driving me crazy!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19603556
Relevancy 76.97%

system went down some how, now i cant get it back up and running..

Its a Dell Latitude LS, CPU 700, ram 256.. running on windows 2000..oh no cd drive or disket..only have a external drive..

Ive tried to boot every freken way possible..(i think )even tried formatting my USB flash drive to boot, i think its not picking up my USB at start up, if it did my external drive would boot,because i have a boot disk in there...... im so close to spillen some gas on it and haven a BBQ!

any help would be great!

A:No operrating System " Dell Latitude LS "

A system that old isn't going to support booting from USB. Since it originally used a proprietary media bay connection, your options are limited. A new laptop is probably more economical at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-operrating-system-dell-latitude-ls.731971/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello
Im the owner of Dell Latitude e6430.
Two days ago, I tried to reinstall my Win7 from recovery partition.
I did it before, using ctrl-F11, and everything was ok.
But this time, ive just seen "bootmgr is missing...".
I called technical support in Poland, where the guy told me that only one option, since my gyarantee is over, is to download Win10 and install it from bootable cd.
He also told me, that after this it is possible to return to Win7, using the recovery partition.
I did install Won10 and everything is fine, but i really dont like it.
So i want to return to Win7.
And this is the problem.
Recovery partition is still there with all the files on it.
But ctrl-F11 or F8 option doesnt work.
Does anybody know how to use this partition to return to Win7 in my case.
Tank you :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982136
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

I bought a new adapter universal V- V and set it on V like my original charger was It worked for a while and then stopped charging although it still powers the computer So I tried uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant in, not "plugged charging" Compaq laptop Control Method Battery Compaq laptop "plugged in, not charging" from the Device Manager and rebooted nothing happened Eventually I got it charging again when I set it on V but now it seems to decide it doesn't always want to charge it like that Compaq laptop "plugged in, not charging" either So now when it stops I either take out my battery and put it back in does not always work or differentiate between V and V Is there a possibility that Compaq has a fail-safe against using third-party chargers Or could it be a software malfunction somewhere I'd like to try everything before I go buying a new battery charger Before you ask I have charged my comp with a Dell charger and it worked then again it was only once so I don't know about what it'd do in the long run

A:Compaq laptop "plugged in, not charging"

Does is says "plugged in, not charging" when battery is at 100% or around 100% like 80-90%.
Because its normal for laptop to turn off charging when battery is nearly full to let it discharge for a bit and then turn on charging again.
If battery isn't charged when it drops low for example 50-60% or lower then its a problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303864-compaq-laptop-plugged-not-charging.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop that I've had for a little over a year. All of a sudden it stopped charging today and nothing I do seems to work. When I plug the charger in, it works normally for a few seconds, then stops and says "plugged in, not charging" instead of "plugged in, charging". I've tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver and reinstalling it, but it's just not working. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If the problem is unsolvable, how do I know if I need to replace the battery or the charger?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/75548-laptop-plugged-not-charging-issue.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Over the past couple weeks I get a notification to update the Intel 8260/7260 Bluetooth device on my Latitude E5540 from driver updates at Dell (Dell Command Update). The update downloads ok and starts to install, then a black mini window comes up like the old dos window but without a prompt and after a few minutes or secs the installation stops and I get a message saying it failed.  This has happened about 3-4 times over the past 2 weeks.  Any advice as to what can be done?  Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984884
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a refurbished Latitiude E that recently went out of warranty While using it last night my screen began flickering the colors changed the text looked blurry and multi-colored almost like double vision and the screen faded to a greyish white and blank and Latitude to goes flickers fades greysih screen E5540 then white became blank I turned it off tried to log back in but the screen was still a greyish white nbsp This was the first timme anything like this has happened To get it working normally again I nbsp had to unplug the power source Latitude E5540 screen flickers then fades to greysih white and goes blank remove the battery and press the Latitude E5540 screen flickers then fades to greysih white and goes blank on off button to discharge the laptop When i installed the battery and plugged in the power source I was able to log in normally and use it without incident for a while but the same issue happened again and I have to go through the same process to get it working again nbsp Since last night every time I use it the same problem happens Can anybody help or provide me with assistance with this issue

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987588
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have recently replaced my battery becasue I thought it was duff....this doean't now wseem to be the case. If I unplug the AC power and plug it back into the laptop the charging state changes for about 15-20 seconds and then goes off and returns to AC power only. current charge is 23%

Relevancy 75.68%

My Gb SSD failed while the laptop is still under NBD warranty I made over calls to Dell and have spent about hours on the phone with different consultants over the last two weeks but each time they have a new excuse for not being able to do replace the drive Below is an activity log of all the calls that were made The Technical Support at Dell is shocking and there seems to be no dispute resolution or complaints department at all E-mail Outbound Friday July PM GMT XYRYLL Agent initiated email response Call Inbound Friday July PM GMT MAUREEN Customer initiated phone contact Call Inbound Friday July AM GMT MA Customer initiated phone contact Break Fix Thursday July PM GMT ELEAZAR A parts and or labor dispatch has been initiated for this support request resolution!!! TECH No Hard - SUPPORT Drive on Failed - E5540 SHOCKING Latitude Break Fix Thursday July AM GMT ELEAZAR A parts and or labor dispatch has been initiated for this support request Call Hard Drive Failed on Latitude E5540 - SHOCKING TECH SUPPORT - No resolution!!! Inbound Thursday July AM GMT ADELA Customer initiated phone contact Call Inbound Wednesday July PM GMT ANTONIO Customer initiated phone contact Call Inbound Wednesday July AM GMT GERALD Customer initiated Hard Drive Failed on Latitude E5540 - SHOCKING TECH SUPPORT - No resolution!!! phone contact Escalation Wednesday July AM GMT JOHN This support request is being reviewed by the Dell Escalation Team Call Outbound Wednesday July AM GMT NICOLE Agent initiated phone contact Call Outbound Tuesday July PM GMT NICOLE Agent initiated phone contact Call Outbound Monday July PM GMT NICOLE Agent initiated phone contact Break Fix Friday July PM GMT NICOLE A parts and or labor dispatch has been initiated for this support request Follow Up Friday July AM GMT XYRYLL In progress Escalation Friday July AM GMT NATHAN This support request is being reviewed by the Dell Escalation Team Call Inbound Friday July AM GMT KALPANA Customer initiated phone contact Call Inbound Friday July AM GMT ESTELLE Customer initiated phone contact Escalation Friday July AM GMT NATHAN This support request is being reviewed by the Dell Escalation Team Call Inbound Friday July AM GMT CHRISTIAN Customer initiated phone contact E-mail Outbound Thursday July PM GMT XYRYLL Agent initiated email response Call Outbound Thursday July PM GMT JAMMIN Agent initiated phone contact Call Outbound Thursday July PM GMT JAMMIN Agent initiated phone contact Call Inbound Thursday July PM GMT JAMMIN Customer initiated phone contact Break Fix Thursday July AM GMT NICOLE A parts and or labor dispatch has been initiated for this support request E-mail Outbound Thursday July AM GMT NICOLE Agent initiated email response Call Outbound Wednesday July PM GMT NICOLE Agent initiated phone contact Break Fix Wednesday July AM GMT IRISH A parts and or labor dispatch has been initiated for this support request Escalation Tuesday July PM GMT ELEAZAR This support request is being reviewed by the Dell Escalation Team E-mail Outbound Tuesday July PM GMT NICOLE Agent initiated email response Call Inbound Tuesday July PM GMT NICOLE Customer initiated phone contact

A:Hard Drive Failed on Latitude E5540 - SHOCKING TECH SUPPORT - No resolution!!!

What's the exact error (starts with 2000-) the diagnostics return?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987428
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello Recently we ve seen increasing issues regarding the combination of the E-Port II Replicator PR X and Latitude E and E Laptop Models The most common issues are Windows Crashes when docking undocking E5540 with combination with Lattitude both Replicator and Latitude Issues PR03X E-Port II the in the E5530 with an open or closed lid Wi-Fi does not Issues with E-Port II Replicator PR03X in combination with both the Latitude E5530 and the Lattitude E5540 function properly after undocking Another Issues with E-Port II Replicator PR03X in combination with both the Latitude E5530 and the Lattitude E5540 issue which also came about around the same time which may or may not be related Windows crashes when the lid of the respective models are closed without being docked to the E-Port Replicator Things which were already tried Updating the BIOS and Drivers Except for the Graphics Drivers more on that later of the laptops Updating the MST HUB Firmware of the Latitude Issues with E-Port II Replicator PR03X in combination with both the Latitude E5530 and the Lattitude E5540 E laptops I don t seem to be able to find any for the E Updating the Graphics Drivers with Dell Drivers which failed with a generic quot The setup program failed to install one ore more device drivers Setup will now exit quot - gt The respective driver installer names are Video Driver JVC WN A EXE amp Video Driver FGGYJ WN A EXE I m personally suspecting that nbsp because of the suddenness of the issues a Windows Update may be the cause but that s just a guess A full reinstall of the affected systems seems to cause the issues to disappear but I don t see this being a solution really Any suggestions about this I m also wondering what s causing the issue with the graphics installer I tried updating through the device manager but with no avail KeustermansN

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983129
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I ve seen this question asked on many forums but the not connected" question Solved: Another but "connected answer always seems to be something different and so far nothing has worked for me First my wireless connection shows that it is connected but I can t view any Web pages This happened once in the past and changing the channel fixed it but that is not working this time When I ping different Web sites that works fine I can view https sites I m connected to certain programs like Southwest s Ding and the notification comes through to me when there s a new deal but I cannot get Solved: Another "connected but not connected" question onto the Web site to see what the deal is So I m connected but I Solved: Another "connected but not connected" question can t actually view any sites I tried connecting via a wired connection and I have the same problem This is happening on my Dell Dimension E for the wired connection I m showing quot Intel R PRO VE Network Connection quot and the wireless adapter is quot NETGEAR WG v g Wireless PCI Adapter quot Also at some point someone kept re-installing the Netgear driver so it s now called Wireless Connection if that matters I hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Logitech Wingman Force joystick and a Logitech Formula Wheel. They install correctly but the Game Controllers window says that they are not connected. Obviously they don't work but why? I have tried the USB, Serial, and Gameport connectors. My Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad has the same problem too. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a month old Dell Latitude E I have had no problems with my AC adapter or battery until yesterday Suddenly I started getting the quot plugged in not charging quot message for my battery and it has drained to since then despite being plugged in If I remove my battery and put it back in it will charge for seconds and then stop charging The computer works with no battery only being plugged in I have already poured over forums where people with similar problems have tried many things I have restarted my computer while unplugging removing my battery in every possible order imaginable This has not helped I have even tried leaving the battery out for extended periods of time to see if it was overheating This is not the problem I have uninstalled the ACPI-Compliant Control Method in my device manager and restarted reinstalled This has not helped I am using the same Dell battery AC cable that came with the computer I know that this problem occurs when one uses non-Dell products I have updated my BIOS another Yet "plugged thread in, charging" not No help I have tried using every single power plan possible No help I have seen that the problem is probably due to the data pin my power plug not identifying my battery as a Dell battery but the pin Yet another "plugged in, not charging" thread is not bent or damaged and as I mentioned before this is the same battery that Dell provided with the computer that Yet another "plugged in, not charging" thread has worked since I got it I ran the dell diagnostics on my battery and it said everything was healthy What next I have all my work on my computer so it would be a big hassle to have to give it to IT for who knows how long but if that is the only option left I will try it Is there anything else I could try

A:Yet another "plugged in, not charging" thread

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Ask your IT dept if they will lend you another battery for a quick test of the charging system on your laptop.. or maybe borrow a battery from a co-worker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287617-yet-another-plugged-not-charging-thread.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Dell inspiron I in, charging" - tried "plugged another far! not so dell everything replace the battery and charger about years ago and it has since been working fine before this was a separate problem where the battery was run down and charger broken For about a another "plugged in, not charging" dell - tried everything so far! month have been getting the quot plugged in not charging quot sign with my battery icon in bottom right hand corner Also on start up it has the quot A C not compatible quot note BUT this charger has been working fine before now with my laptop battery I've tried taking the battery out doing the BIOS thing uninstalling under device manager amp then scanning for new hardware when I've put battery back in I've also checked the PA-number on the laptop is the same as the charger - both at PA- I've looked at the inside of the charger cable the pin bit to see if it's gone wonky or fallen out - and it seems okay I don't really want to take my laptop apart because I won't be able to put it back together after ha Any ideas except going to a computer-fixer-shop I don't know if I need to order a new cable not A C bit - just connector cable from laptop to A C Any suggestions are most welcome

A:another "plugged in, not charging" dell - tried everything so far!

chances are its just the charger thats had it. the only true test for this is to try another charger. But one little test is to take out the battery and try and power the laptop on with just the charger plugged in, if it works its not the charger its more than likely the battery.

with a different charger as long as its output is roughly the same ~19v and 2amp+ youll get an idea to see if it works or not.

if it does charge then you have your answer. if it doesnt then you dig deeper and let us know whats what!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/329314-another-plugged-not-charging-dell-tried-everything-so-far.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Friends,
Yesterday, I updated my L730 with latest .321 update. And since that update my phone is showing "Device is charging slowly" even when i'm using original charger. And my phone actually starts charging slowly.
I've tried both soft and hard reset but nothing helped.
Please help, if anyone knows how to get rid of it.
Thank You.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442551-device-charging-slowly.html
Relevancy 75.25%

It's been a rough few months with this problem. I can't tell if it is hardware or software, and I've tried almost everything.
This is a list:
Bought new charger (Fixed for a little, then problem shows up again)
Reinstalled windows 10 and 8
Reinstalled drivers
Updated bios
Replaced charger port
It stopped for a week or two, and now it's back.
I have a Dell Inspiron 5547 that is about one and a half years old.

Inspiron 5547

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994139
Relevancy 75.25%

i got this used i7 laptop from someone for Christmas and its great and it was charging perfectly fine while the laptop was on/in use (like most laptops do) for a couple days not issues, then i noticed when plugging it in to go charge it because it was 10% and i see "plugged in, Not charging" i've tried everything. i took the risk and got a new battery no luck still the same thing. done most of the troubleshooting on the web still nothing.

fishy thing is when the laptop is off like shutdown it charges :/ but as soon as you switch it back on with the cord in ofc it goes back to the same problem "plugged in, not charging" its a real pain now.

A:Windows 8.1 "plugged in, not Charging"

What are the steps you have tried?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-plugged-in-not-charging-1081905.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all,

My laptop has had this problem for a while now but I've never bothered to do anything about it. Even though it's plugged in it says 5% plugged in, not charging. It was at 10% a week ago but now it's dwindled down to 5%.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Relevancy 75.25%

hi,

I have a problem with a usb fed external HDD.

When I plug in via the usb, I get the message: "power surge on hub port".

I am running a Dell inspirion 8600 laptop and it has 2 usb ports. I want to run my digital In
one usb port and my 2.5" external HDD in the other.

I have scanned the web but so far all i have seen is:

1. cover up the problem by removing the error message - not really what I want!
2. Use 2 usb ports for the external HDD - not really what I want as I only have 2 usb ports and want to keep one free for digital camera or other things perhaps.

Surely, in 2006 with IT advances there must be a professional rock solid solution somewhere to this problem?

I run windows xp, with SP2 and auto upload all the latest updates.

Thanks to all for any help

mike9inch

A:2.5" external HDD "power surge on Hub port"

mike9inch said:

hi,

I have a problem with a usb fed external HDD.

When I plug in via the usb, I get the message: "power surge on hub port".

I am running a Dell inspirion 8600 laptop and it has 2 usb ports. I want to run my digital In
one usb port and my 2.5" external HDD in the other.

I have scanned the web but so far all i have seen is:

1. cover up the problem by removing the error message - not really what I want!
2. Use 2 usb ports for the external HDD - not really what I want as I only have 2 usb ports and want to keep one free for digital camera or other things perhaps.

Surely, in 2006 with IT advances there must be a professional rock solid solution somewhere to this problem?

I run windows xp, with SP2 and auto upload all the latest updates.

Thanks to all for any help

mike9inchClick to expand...

The external drive may require two USB ports, one for data transfer, and the other for power. Unless there's the option for a power adapter to plug into the enclosure, you may not have a choice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-5-external-hdd-power-surge-on-hub-port.466228/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

I had Dell Latitude c range laptops all approx P Dell c400 not Latitude using battery power Mhz RAM GB this week which I ve upgraded to XP Dell Latitude c400 not using battery power with a Nlited minamistic XP all just fine One however will not use power from the battery even though the battery works in the other Dell s just fine so its not the battery itself With this machine it says the battery is fully charged when put in but as soon as you take out AC power it turns off There s no errors in the device manager I ve tried updating all drivers but there s nothing there I ve sorted through the Dell websites and installed all drivers and software I could find though there s so much there its likely I ve missed things not knowing specifically what the problem is or what I might need Any further info I can give steps to re-produce troubleshooting if needs be I ll do it but I basically want to establish why this model wont accept the battery power and how to resolve the issues thanks nbsp

A:Dell Latitude c400 not using battery power

I would suspect a harware fault in the power section in the laptop, in the interface between the battery and the converter circuitry, as the battery works in the other laptops.

I doubt it's a software issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-c400-not-using-battery-power.447783/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Dell XPS L X laptop Ive never spent so much money on a Recommended" "Battery with my not battery Problems is laptop before this and the reason I did was because I thought the more expensive the computer the better it will be I have had nothing but problems with it Ive had to send it to get fixed multiple times costing Problems with my battery "Battery is not Recommended" me hundreds of dollars Everyone warned me not to get a Dell everyone I know tried steering me in a different direction and now I understand why When you need help you cant even ask them a question without having to pay for it COINCIDENTALLY something always goes wrong immediately after my warranties expire This may just be the final straw because if somethings wrong with it I m just going to smash it in a fit of anger and use my refund to buy a nice one Right now when I turn it on it says quot Warning Battery Not Recommended for This System the system will be unable to charge this battery quot WHAT IS IT NOW If there isn t a way to fix this I m trashing it I ve poured way too much money into this computer I m a single working mom all I want is a laptop that works I m the only one who is ever on this laptop and I only use it once every few days for work or school it sits on my desk and doesnt move yet I have more problems with this than with the - laptops I ve owned So Dell are you going to maintain your reputation for having lt ADMIN NOTE Substitute character removed as per TOU gt computers and horrible customer service or can you actually help me

A:Problems with my battery "Battery is not Recommended"

I have a warning: The battery is not recommended for this system, the system will be unable to charge this battery. But this is the battery that came with the Laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19563255
Relevancy 74.39%

Just replaced the battery in my XPS 1340 and found out I have charging issues. When I plug in a charger, Windows sees it but won't charge the old total depleted battery, instead, runs off ac power. Tried a different charger and a new battery with 30% charge but same results. As a last chance effort, I replaced the male prong power adapter in the computer. Now Windows doesn't see the charger and will not run on ac. 
Is there something in the Bios that needs to be done to fix this or am I to assume it's a motherboard issue and retire this little workhorse.

A:Battery not charging after power adapter replacement

Dead batteries cannot be charged. Remove the dead battery and try using just the original dell adapter that came with the laptop alone. You cannot use other models adapters or batteries. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974667
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html