Windows Support Forum

z400 Workstation and compatible processors

Q: z400 Workstation and compatible processors

I have searched through the HP site and this forum for information on compatible processors for the Z400 workstation. I have found lists and posts of compatible Xeon processors for the 6 DIMM motherboard: W3520, W3550, W3565, W3580, W3670, W3680 and W3690. But the W3530 is not mentioned. I am confused why the W3530 is not listed as a compatible processor when a search of the Z400 results in hundreds of results of Z400 workstation configured with this processor. it's even listed on this link:http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/psg_111510ws1/index.asp?psn=desktops_workstations/workstation. So can anybody confirm whether the Xeon W3530 2.8 Ghz Quad Core processor will work with my Z400, 6 DIMM motherboard as I have one available but do want to risk damage to the motherboard and/or processor. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/z400-Workstation-and-compatible-processors/td-p/5637233
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: z400 Workstation and compatible processors

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello First I want to say that my native language is not English If I have made any grammatical errors ask to be excused Recently I decided to improve my computer s video card and bought a GTX DirectCU Once I put it in my computer he began to beep and the card does not start at all I went to the computer service and asked what could be my problem There I was xw4600 and HP DirectCU GTX Workstation 660 told that most likely my power is insufficient So before I invest in new power want to ask - is it possible that the problem lies elsewhere In the end it was pretty old computer and there may be some incompatibility On the GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation net I found this The HP XW workstation motherboard and power supply are Proprietary GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation the power supply can t be upgraded with a standard ATX power supply Sorry The power supply is specific to that hp board Click to expand Spoiler My pc Power Supply watts wide-ranging active Power Factor Correction Efficient Computer Computer Type ACPI GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP xw Workstation Motherboard Chipset Intel Beachwood X System Memory MB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Compaq Display Video Adapter NVIDIA Quadro FX MB Storage Disk Drive ST AS GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive WDC WD EZEX- BN A GB RPM SATA-III Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H Q BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor Hewlett-Packard Version F v Release Date Size MB System BIOS Version Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot Network Service Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI ACPI PnP Expansion Capabilities PCI USB Virtual Machine No From my research so far my power supply should be enough for this video card nbsp

A:GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation

My best opinion as to why you are having problems is incompatibility. Looking at the chipset for your motherboard (Intel Beachwood X38), it is linked for a PCI Express slot version 1.1. The Geforce GTX 660 DirectCU is a PCI Express 3.0 card. Not all PCI Express 3.0 cards will work in a PCI Express 1.1 slot. Multiple people have had problems with said issue. If you are looking for better compatibility, I would suggest getting a PCI Express 2.1 (or 2.0) video card. You will have less issues getting it to work properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660-directcu-and-hp-xw4600-workstation.210847/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I m new to this site and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer From what I ve seen it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I ve chosen Compatible? Is Build My But I wanted some help on here to make sure they will work Below are a list of parts that I will be getting CPU Intel Xeon E - V GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard MSI Z Guard-Pro ATX LGA Motherboard CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler RAM Kingston Fury Black Series Is My Build Compatible? GB x GB DDR - Memory Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB ACX Video Card Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Sony S-CB-PLUS DVD CD Writer Other Parts I Is My Build Compatible? will figure out later Just to give some perspective I will be using the computer to record videos play games and render out edited videos If you think there are better parts to suit the build or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged please tell me below Also I want to stay at least under Thanks Jettster nbsp

A:Is My Build Compatible?

Personaly from just a quick overview so dont take everything for my word, this build seems like it would work well.
What I would do is:
1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
2) Why not go with more lower storage HDD's and put them in RAID 0? like 3 1tb HDD? each having like 75mb/s totaling to 225mb/s at the minimum as most modern HDDs are faster than those speeds.

Hope this helped and this is only what I would do. Dont take my word for any facts etc from this comment.
Enjoy
~Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-build-compatible.209304/
Relevancy 32.68%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 29.24%

Compatible memory
I plan on upgrading the ram on an older laptop.
It comes with IGB DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz SODIMM, can I add
IGB DDR2 667MHz SODIMM to the spare slot and will it detect it?
Thought I'd ask before attempting!

A:Compatible memory

Hard to say, there is only one way to know, that is to try. I'm assuming you have the modules in question. Otherwise I would suggest buying modules of the same specs to increase chances of compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-memory.205398/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a hp 6371it

link --> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02054227&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/it_i...

I have this problem: I bought a kingston Dimm ValueRam 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC CL9 (it is compatible with my mb according to hp website). I installed it on my pc and:
1) if I install just that ram it works fine
2) if I install that ram I bought and one ore both ram I had already installed in my pc it doens't work or it blocks on hp main screen or it appears the classic blue screen of hardware error and it never enter on windows (it asks for a system reinstallation)
what is the problem? should I do something else? I tried mounting rams in different slots, I tried everything

please help!!

A:Compatible ram don't work

Sound as though the ram you bought is not compatible with the existing ram. Is the ram you bought the same specs as the old ram?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-dont-work.205230/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was planning on using the lowest i5 processor but because of the refresh I lost the older ones.
The ones that are available are:
Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4590 (3.3GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4570S (2.9GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670 (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670K (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core

A:What CPU's are compatible with the MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B85G43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

Code:
Core i7 [ 4771,4770T,4770S,4770K,4770,4765T ]
Core i5 [ 4670T,4670S,4670K,4670,4570T,4570S,4570,4440S,4440,4430S,4430 ]
Core i3 [ 4340,4330T,4330,4130T,4130 ]
Pentium [ G3430,G3420T,G3420,G3220T,G3220 ]
Xeon [ E3-1240V3,E3-1230V3,E3-1220LV3 ]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-cpus-are-compatible-with-the-msi-b85-g43-gaming-motherboard.202560/
Relevancy 28.38%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

A:Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all,

I recently dug up an old computer and wanted to use it but realized it is way too slow and the specs aren't even good enough to install Windows 7.

I currently have 512mb of RAM on that computer but I want to replace it and find a 2gb RAM that is compatible with my motherboard. I have an extra slot available for RAM.

How am I able to tell if the RAM I want is compatible with my motherboard?

Here is my system information from dxdiag:

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: KM400-8235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6. 00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~ 1.5 GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
Page file: 218MB used, 839MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your help!

A:Finding compatible RAM for old motherboard

Sorry for the double post but I also want to find out how I am able to tell which processor is compatible with my motherboard.

Am I better off getting a completely new motherboard or would a new processor and a new RAM do it?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finding-compatible-ram-for-old-motherboard.200960/
Relevancy 35.69%

Can processor speed be increased without changing or removing any harddware

A:Processors: Can speed be increased?

Depends on your specs and what you mean by increase.

Some processors are unlocked and can be over-clocked by increasing the processor frequency multiplier (which is multiples of the system bus frequency). This only effects the stability of the processor if clocked to high.

Many systems even if the processor is not unlocked, can still be overclocked by increasing the system bus frequency. Changing this frequency effects everything in the system, which can cause system instability with anything.
System builders will lock both system bus and frequency multiplier, by customizing the system BIOS. Limiting the BIOS is the number one reason, I do not like prebuilt systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processors-can-speed-be-increased.200569/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys, I am helping my friend build a computer and I'm not 100% sure if these parts are compatible, and I was hoping someone would give me the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

Part list

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card

Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case

Antec TruePower Classic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Asus VX238H 23 inch monitor

A:Are these parts compatible?

Looks good to me, I don't see any incompatibilities. Even the name brands you have chosen are in my opinion well known good brands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.199589/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I'm currantly building my first pc for gaming and I have together a setup that in my eyes should work, can anyone see if I'd have any compatibility issues?
I'm also trying to keep a fairly decent budget of around 800 dollars.

Case:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalm...wer-black-case-with-side-window-usb-30-w-o-su

Power supply:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-storm-silent-lpj19-25-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v20-psu

Motherboard:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-970a-ds3p-amd-970-s-am3-am3plus-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

CPU/Processor:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...-s-am3plus-42ghz-12mb-total-cache-125w-retail

Graphics card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...u-1075mhz-cores-896-dport-dl-dvi-hdmiplusfree

Memory/RAM:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-vengeance-blue-ddr3-pc3-12800(1600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

Wireless Network Card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-pce-n15-pcie-300mbps-80211b-g-n-wireless-adaptor-low-profile

I already have a Sata III Harddrive and decent optical drive in my house so I didn't include them in the links.
Thanks in advance
-Damhan

A:Concerned if this is compatible

Why is this so suspiciously familiar?
Regardless, my response is the same.
A no to the power supply but everything else looks okay. Again, I would opt for an integrated wifi board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/concerned-if-this-is-compatible.199357/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m looking to buy a bundle PC from Newegg for and was wondering if this particular setup will work It will be used for gaming but not hardcore IN WIN GT White SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Model GT White XFX Core Edition FX- A-ZNL Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Model FX- A-ZNL RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply New Version with Build-in LED Fan On Off Switch Model RX- SS AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRHKBOX Model FD FRHKBOX SAMSUNG Series MZ- TD KW quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model MZ- TD KW G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL Model F - CL D- GBXL Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive Model ST DM Sorry for the big print copy paste Moderator note Fixed that for you Thanks for any info you may have--much appreciated nbsp

A:Is this PC compatible?

I don't see a motherboard listed here, you're definitely going to need one of those.

Otherwise the system is compatible, as long as you get the correct motherboard. If you want advice on possible improvements to the system, just ask, I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be happy to assist you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-pc-compatible.198897/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a USB 2.5 external HDD that I want to use with my Xbox 360 to play original Xbox games.

An emulator is required to play original Xbox games and the 360 will download this etc. for you with an Xbox 360 that has an internal HDD.
Mine is only a 4GB internal HDD so will not perform this function!

Can anyone help me make the external USB HDD perform this function???

Thanks

A:Making an External HDD backwards compatible for Xbox games on an XBox 360

360 isn't backwards compatible with Xbox games. Since you have digital copies of the game, we can't be sure you actually own a legit copy. So, we can't help you sorry.

But, you can use this to format external drive for your 360.
http://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-Hard-Drive-for-Use-With-Xbox-360

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-an-external-hdd-backwards-compatible-for-xbox-games-on-an-xbox-360.197802/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just ordered GA-F2A85XM-HD3 and AMD FX 4130 Black Edition (3.8/3.9GHz), 125W, 4MB, total dedicated L2 cache, 4MB, L3 cache, 5200MHZ HyperTransport? bus, socket AM3+) ... and I dont know if they are compatibile * the first one is the motherboard I would love any information ... cause I ordered them online ..already

A:Is this motherboard compatible?

No they are not compatible. The motherboard has an FM2 socket while the FX 4130 uses an AM3+ socket.

Google the motherboard model, click on the Gigabyte website link, click on the support and download tab and look up the CPU support list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-motherboard-compatible.197438/
Relevancy 29.24%

Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS

If its not what would be a good motherboard thats compatible?

A:Is this processor compatible?

The Athlon will not work with that motherboard as it is socket AM3+

You need a socket AM2 board, Or an AM2+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-processor-compatible.196617/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I need Graphic Card for my computer because the existing graphic card is build-in and it is 64Mb.
My Motherboard is Asus P5S800-VM.

I want to know Which Graphic Card is Compatible for my motherboard.

Thanks

A:Which graphics card is compatible with ASUS P5S800-VM

Unfortunately, that motherboard only has an AGP slot, so your videocard upgrade will be very limited.

Here is one of the cheaper units for AGP, but you must also ensure your case has adequate cooling (at least one case fan aside from the power supply fan is recommended) and also ensure you have a fairly beefy power supply (350 Watt or greater, 400W+ preferred).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161318

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-is-compatible-with-asus-p5s800-vm.196347/
Relevancy 34.4%

So hey people I m new here so I want to know what I need to buy so first things firs I workstation buy Want for 3d a and video to have dls second I almost use all the time adobe premiere after effects cinema d and some times zbrush Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d and maya in video I work from full hd to k and k so some times I do rendering for architecture also So thats what I have and the programs I use so I wanted to go and muy a workstation for this so some said BUY A INTEL and others BUY AMD and some said MAKE A NVIDIA MAXIMUS and I was like I LIKE THE FIREPRO W SO WHATS BETTER I was configuring this computer the other day the http www titanuscomputers com Titanus-A -Dual-AMD-Opteron-Seoul- -Series-p a htm With gb ram a w OPTERON cores or maybe cores thats on the main thing the other things are just accesories but is it really the best option or should I go for intel please I really need to know a real answer because I just want the render and transcoding video fast enough to make a good workflow so would like some help from you guys on this I have been reading a lot for this but hell Im not a computer genious I just want to render faster nbsp

A:Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d

I would not go for an Opteron processor as they are meant more for servers than desktops. For a build like this, you would either be looking at the AMD 8350 flagship or an Intel I7 4xxx.. The main difference is that Intel is faster on single-threaded tasks (that is the major difference), but AMD is ever so slightly faster on some multi-threaded tasks...

Would you be willing to build the computer yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-a-workstation-for-video-and-3d.195237/
Relevancy 29.24%

This will be my first build and I want to know for sure if these parts are compatible I got mixed results on sites like PCPartPicker and GooeyGUI These are the parts CPU it Is compatible? all Intel Core i - GHz Is it all compatible? Dual Core CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper TX CFM Sleeve Bearing Motherboard Asus P B -M LX PLUS Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue GB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Asus GeForce GTX Ti GB Video Card Case MSI TC- Black ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master eXtreme Power W ATX V Power Supply I Is it all compatible? know they re not the best or high end items but im on a tight budget I will be doing gaming for the most part What I really want to know is if the CPU cooler is good to put on the i while in that case On GooeyGUI it said that the motherboard did not support the CPU Cooler but on PCPartPicker it said there were no compatibility issues Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Is it all compatible?

Everything looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-all-compatible.194831/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello. I am trying to keep my budget under 1,250 and these are the items that im trying to build my pc with. I would love to know if they are compatible.

Tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231460
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bb3r-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19113284
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
Hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339
Graphics card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1917611&CatId=7387

Any help will be truly appreciated

Looks okay. Why do you want to go AMD processor though?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.194229/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bro ,
just seen your suggestion , really very help full.. also need your advise in building graphics workstation. we are advertising company.. I want to build a perfect graphics workstation for our our designers..
we use the following applications .

3d Software- 3d studio Max 2013
Render resolution- HD 1920
Adobe Master Collection 6
Adobe Design Collection 6 (illustrator-photoshop-indesign) ME
Maya
After Effect Package Plugin
Cinema 4D ?vision 14

all the above application we use to make exhibition stall designs..ect.
at present we are using intel xeon quad core - 3.2 Ghz with 6GB RAM .. ATI RADEON HD4780 1GB., we are using single monitor.. may be required Dual screen..

I was looking for HD Z820 and Z640 series... dual xeon with 8 core processor with 32GB RAM , Nvidia Quadro 4000 is costing huge amount...$ 10,000/- each

I know build customized will reduce the cost...I want about 5 workstations..

so please advise me best suitable computer spec... relable spec and recomanded graphics card.. my budged is $ 5000/-

A:Building graphics workstation

Is the $5000 per computer, or for all the computers put together?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-graphics-workstation.194369/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=H77 Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-1866-memory-compatible-with-an-h77-board.194307/
Relevancy 29.24%

So my brother has a Foxconn 2ada 1.00 motherboard Link: http://www.estaxe.com/index.php/layout-foxconn-2ada-1-00-motherboard/
and wants to upgrade to a good processor, willing to spend $100-$200. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth investing more than $200.00+ for a CPU for a better gaming experience? He has also has an Nvidia Geforce GT 620 just as an added note. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! One website said this Link:http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-2ada-foxconn/ but I trust you guys more...

A:Need a compatible processor

Well, it is a 1155 socket motherboard. Hence, you can technically fit in any Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge that is below the recommended motherboard/CPU wattage. In this case, that is 95W. I think a i5 and i7 will be a waste. What processor does he currently have? I think a Pentium or i3 is a good option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-compatible-processor.194150/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm looking to build my first computer, and I'm still not totally sure if all of my selected parts will all work with each other. This is not supposed to be a gaming computer or anything like that: just a simple starter computer. I would also like some feedback on whether I might need to upgrade or downgrade certain parts to fit my needs. Thanks!

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872

GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148543

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

Optical Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

A:Are all of my parts compatible?

The build itself is alright. However, I'd drop the HD 7850 to something like a 7770 and put that money towards a better CPU. Since you indicated this isn't a gaming computer, a better CPU will be a much better use of your money. Additionally, while the PSU you picked would probably work fine. The builder series hasn't had the best wrap. You may want to go with one of corsairs HX,TX or AX offerings. Or, check out seasonic or antec offerings.

What's your budget for this build? It will help us suggest different parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-all-of-my-parts-compatible.194055/
Relevancy 21.5%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is the XFX Radeon 7970 video card compatible with a an Asus P9Z68-V LE motherboard? I'm rather confused with Crossfire and SLI, is it Crossfire allows multiple Radeon video cards and SLI allows multiple NVidia video cards?

A:Is this video card compatible with this motherboard?

Yes, the card is compatible with the mobo.

Your Crossfire and SLI understanding is correct. However, it extends to GPU's, not just 'cards'. Cards like HD7990 and GTX690 use Crossfire/SLI internally as they have two GPU's on one card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-with-this-motherboard.193002/
Relevancy 29.24%

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n, WEP/WPA/WPA2

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAPPHIRE FleX 100352FLEX-2 Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC with Boost

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

A:Compatible?

Great build . I would mainly change the RAM. Get a 2x4 GB RAM kit instead since the Z77 chipset takes advantage of dual channel memory, which offers better performance. Also, I suggest getting a XFX 7950 instead since they offer a lifetime warranty. Finally, since you are getting the i3570K, witch is an unlocked CPU, I recommend getting a Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler if you want to overclock (what the K in 3570K means).

Just a final though: If you can wait for about 2-3 weeks, Intel will be releasing their new line of CPUs. I think you should wait till then to purchase your CPU + motherboard. Good luck .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible.192387/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All I am trying to Best Workstation Graphic buy a brand new Dell Workstation but I want to know what specifications are needed enough amp best for Best Graphic Workstation graphic please I need workstation for graphic designer who works on Adobe CS collection After Effect Maya Premier D Max for designing the promos and animations I have the following specifications of workstation amp want to know whether is it ok for graphic or not Processor Two Intel Xeon Processors E Best Graphic Workstation - Six Core GHz M GT s Turbo Operating System Windows Professional SP No Media -bit English Productivity Software Microsoft Office Trial MUI Energy Efficiency Option No Energy Star Memory GB DDR RDIMM Memory MHz ECC x GB DIMMs Graphics Dual NVIDIA Quadro NVS GB MON mDP GPU Computing None Multi Select Video Adapters Display Port to VGA Adapter Hard Drive Configuration C SATA Inch - Hard Drives Hard Drive RAID RAID PCIe Hard Drive Controller None Hard Drive Controller Integrated Intel Controller SATA Gb s RAID ports Boot Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive nd Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive I am waiting for a proper solution BR Fahim nbsp

A:Best Graphic Workstation

Well, having 2 Xeon E5s with a weak GPU and little RAM means the PC is aimed at computing tasks, not graphic design. Would you mind building your own machine? It allows for more customization is cheaper, and has a much wider range of options. I am also more familiar with building custom workstations rather than prebuilt (Dell, HP, etc.) workstations. Would you like to build your own or stick with Dell or HP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphic-workstation.191969/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey all, I would like to make my laptop a bit more powerful by adding a new processor (I've already upgraded my RAM). It's a Compaq Presario CQ62. Would anyone know whether an i5 or i7 would fit it?
Thanks in advance.

A:Intel Core i5/i7 processors in my Compaq laptop?

You cannot change a CPU in a laptop. You have to buy a completely new laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-i5-i7-processors-in-my-compaq-laptop.191426/
Relevancy 33.97%

Good day to all!

Can a ZOTAC GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?
If so, can 2 VC run 4 52" LCDs?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Can a Zotac GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?

Well may I ask why you want a 650ti to be paired with a $2500 dual Xeon monster? Since you have a workstation, I am guessing you do Photoshop or Autocad. Plus what do you mean "VC"? Also, I dont think your TV has DVI inputs nor display ports, only HDMI. Unfortunately the 650Ti only has 1 HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-zotac-gtx-650-ti-run-on-hp-z820-workstation.191237/
Relevancy 35.26%

I want to buy a new motherboard I already bought 8GB of DDR2 ram but im not sure if it will work on ASUS P5Q SE PLUS motherboard I think this has the speed of 667Mhz can anyone please give me some sugestions what motherboard I should buy that supports core2quad processors and that supports 16GB of ram! Cause I wanna upgrade it from time to time! Thanks in advance!

A:Motherboard for Core 2 processors and 16GB of RAM

Well, to answer you're first question, yes, that motherboard supports that type of RAM.

I cannot, however, understand why you would purchase DDR2 ram. You will not be able to find a whole lot of DDR2 compatible motherboards for sale, and even less core 2 processors. I highly recommend you return that RAM, and get current DDR3 RAM along with a current generation Motherboard and CPU.

Give us your budget, and what you will be using this PC for, an we will be able to help you choose the correct components to buy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-core-2-processors-and-16gb-of-ram.190119/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm Planning on a new build and it will be on the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) ATX and with the AMD A10-5800K Trinity APU w/Radeon HD 7660D and I need a discrete card to match the APU's graphics. Also with either 1866 or 1600 DDR3 ram with 1.65 or 1.5v at 16GB or 32GB. Any suggestions and advice would be great fully appreciated. also having problems finding a cpu cooler for the A10?

A:Compatible discrete card for AMD A10-5800K

Uhh, why do you want to match the APU graphics? What are your intentions with this build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-discrete-card-for-amd-a10-5800k.189384/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi peeps hope you can shed some light on helping me decide what SSD to get I have a Gigabyte GA-X -USB MB which my i overclocked rig is built on I am in the middle of starting a new build but I am keeping this rig and thought about upgrading the last thing thats pretty much worth upgrading on it and thats an SSD At the mo it runs two TB samsung F s to old MB for SSD Compatible which I will keep for extra Compatible SSD for old MB storage but the MB in is old now and I dont think these Compatible SSD for old MB fancy SSD s will be compatible with it Here is the tec sheet for the MB Click me I think the xsata connections are sata so that limits my options so whats the best SSD I can get for this old board need one abut gig that plugs into the sata connections available OR Do I get one of these OCZ GB PCIe Thanks mucho for any advice Lee nbsp

A:Compatible SSD for old MB

It's SATA2 on that MOBO. New SSD's are SATA3, but they'll just run at the slower SATA2 speed.

So, get the cheapest most reliable one since any SSD r/w speeds are now faster than SATA2.

The SSD you linked is insanely fast, and also pretty darn expensive. It's up to you really - but it will run at max speed on your mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ssd-for-old-mb.189834/
Relevancy 28.38%

So apu are like the best Money to Cpu+Gpu in the market and I see it as one of the new revolution in the graphical technology surpassing intels hd 4000 by far I was wondering the Apu will ever be able to be compatible with a higher graphics card then the low profile 6670 it is already powerful at it is but imagine it with a higher boots a 7770 or 7850 idk if the cpu is still powerfull enough to not bottleneck by then tho

A:Will APUs ever be compatible with mid-range cards?

What is APU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-apus-ever-be-compatible-with-mid-range-cards.188719/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay Here compatible? everything is build.. New s the list Motherboard A - Asus Crosshair V Formula AM Motherboard - ATX Socket AM AMD FX SB DDR MHz O C SATA III Gb s RAID -CH Audio Gigabit LAN USB PCIe CrossFireX Ready lbs CPU A - AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- Eight-Core GHz AM Processor - AM Eight-Core GHz MB W Unlocked lbs HDD TSD- HHTZ WD WD HHTZ VelociRaptor GB Workstation New build.. is everything compatible? Hard Drive - GB SATA Gb s Inch RPM MB lbs Case C - COOLER MASTER New build.. is everything compatible? Storm Stryker SGC- W-KWN Black and White Steel ATX Gaming Full Tower Computer Case - ATX MicroATX x quot Drive Bays x Converted quot Drive Bay x USB amp Ports Audio Por lbs Graphics Card A - Asus Radeon New build.. is everything compatible? HD HD - GD Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x x Dual-link DVI-I x Dual-link DVI-D x HDMI x DisplayPort DirectX CrossFireX Overclocked lbs RAM P - atriot Viper Xtreme PXQ G C QK GB Low Latency Quad Kit - PC - MHz - - - V RoHS Compliant DDR lbs SSD C - Corsair Neutron GTX Series CSSD-N GBGTX-BK GB Internal Solid State Drive - quot Form Factor SATA III Gb s E-boost Technology lbs PSU CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX CMPSU- AX W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Item N E FanCOOLER MASTER Hyper EVO RR- E- PK-R Continuous Direct Contact mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel Item N E Blu-RayLG Black X BD-R X BD-RE X DVD R X DVD-RAM X BD-ROM MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner D Play Back WH NS - OEM Item N E THANKS nbsp

A:New build.. is everything compatible?

I don't see any compatibility issues.

If its a gaming rig you might consider HD 7800 series graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-is-everything-compatible.187092/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys I have a problem that seems to be slowing down my already-crap of a PC A message keeps popping up with New Hardware Found Video Controller VGA compatible and telling me to install some drivers after I somehow unplugged and re-plugged my monitor cable Backround information So I did some homework went on the PCI database site and searched for the vendor and device numbers VEN and DEV Link to site http www pcidatabase com vendor details php id It gave me a link to it http downloads viaarena com WinXPE May xpesp km xp wishld logod v zip I downloaded it but I m too incompetent to take the next step required I extracted it with winrar and spent minutes searching for the setup or install button but the only application seems to be VTTimer I then downloaded DeviceDoctor and it told me should download a VIA Fast Ethernet Video (VGA controller compatible) Compatable Adapter I don t even know if the two are related and so I did Nothing happened SO I Video controller (VGA compatible) guess I m asking is the part about PCI database what I m suppose to be doing Am I doing it right If so how do I install the bastard Did I f ck up by using Device Doctor and Video controller (VGA compatible) downloading some random driver It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn t match the brand of my products How do I keep my drivers updated What do Really appreciate your time guys and thanks in advance If it helps I have an AOC monitor nbsp

A:Video controller (VGA compatible)

CIifford said:

<snip>
It gave me a link to it (http://downloads.viaarena.com/WinXPE/May05/xpesp2_km400_16944216_xp_wishld_logod_v20.zip), I downloaded it, but I'm too incompetent to take the next step required. I extracted it with winrar and spent 5 minutes searching for the setup or install button, but the only application seems to be VTTimer...
<snip>Click to expand...

No worries. The solution for that case is not at all obvious. See How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run

SO. I guess I'm asking is the part about PCI database what I'm suppose to be doing? Am I doing it right? If so, how do I install the bastard?
Did I f*ck up by using Device Doctor and downloading some random driver? (It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn't match the brand of my products...)
How do I keep my drivers updated?Click to expand...

1. PCI database is a useful tool to help identify the device vendor and the device actually is. (e.g. a video chip vs. an Ethernet/network adapter). PCI database doesn't usually include the driver for a device tho in your case I see it did).

Example of how PCI database might help: you have a Dell computer so go to the Dell website and look up your computer model for drivers. And you find Dell lists 4 different drivers for 4 different video cards they have used in that machine!! PCI database would help identify which one is actually in your computer so you know which one to select

2. Those driver update tools can be helpful but also problematic. They will identify every driver matching a hardware ID but all drivers it finds isn't necessarily a fit for your OS or your hardware. Best advice is "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it" meaning only look for missing drivers. Trying to find the "correct" driver update can be a crap shoot

3. Number 2) above also means always create a system restore point before trying a driver you aren't sure of. At least it helps you back it out if the driver isn't right and causes problems

Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-controller-vga-compatible.186192/
Relevancy 29.24%

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Sorry, don't know much about building PC's...but I am learning fast! Also, is my power supply high enough? Thanks in advance.

A:Is this all compatible?

the link is broken. Just write out your parts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-all-compatible.183169/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve been having some problems with my computer concerning speed and with a very short search I have found the problem My computer has only one GB of RAM That explains it In search of new RAM cards for my computer I have stumbled upon this one on ebay that might work I just want to get the confirmation PC? my Is this RAM compatible with from you guys Those RAM cards http www ebay com itm Kingston- G pt US Memory RAM amp hash item a d Hurry I only have about days until it s sold To assist you Here is my computer now It only has RAM slots and only works with DDR types of RAM It has a very decent CPU speed at about GHz I strongly believe that the PIN size needed for the cards is I looked it up Some questions that I need answered What is the maximum allowed RAM on this computer Is the RAM compatible Is Is this RAM compatible with my PC? this a good amount to pay for it or is there another cheaper way Should I buy a new computer or just stick with this one In advance Thank you for your help -Techtrainee nbsp

A:Is this RAM compatible with my PC?

There is not enough information. We need to know which computer you have or at least which motherboard you have in the PC.

Many motherboards only support 1GB per memory slot. There is no way of knowing if your motherboard will support 2GB per slot, without first looking up the information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-ram-compatible-with-my-pc.182134/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've never build a computer before but I have a general idea of what I'm doing, but I figured I'd ask a pro before I ordered the parts:

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB - harddrive
ASRock A785GM-LE - motherboard
LITE-ON Black - CD/DVD drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB - RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition - proccesor
APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Media Center 275W Power Supply - Case

so are these compatible and do you suggest any changes, the computer is for word documents and buiseness along with internet searches, I'd like to be able to run uTube and very simple video games like minecraft (at low settings)

Thanks for the help!

A:Are these computer parts compatible

I presume the RAM is DDR3? If so then the motherboard is not compatible with the RAM. What's your price range for the build? I'd also recommend a bigger PSU and a low range GPU because the built in GPU won't be able to handle even non intensive games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-computer-parts-compatible.181135/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Guys !

I have intel dual core @2.0 GHz processor.I am upgrading my system.For now im going to replace the mobo and RAM.I am going to buy G.Skill RipjawsX (2x4 GB) RAM.So I wanted to know will my system support it.I know the mobo im going to buy will support it.

Thanks in Advance !

A:Does Intel Dual Core processors supports 1600MHz RAM?

t3chn0vamp said:

So I wanted to know will my system support it.I know the mobo im going to buy will support it.Click to expand...

Thats all you need to know, the CPU is irrelevant for selecting memory. The CPU never has dictated the type of memory used. The motherboard either supports the memory or it doesn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-intel-dual-core-processors-supports-1600mhz-ram.181368/
Relevancy 28.38%

so im going to build my first gaming computer soon, and I have selected a list of parts. but I am very afraid of them not being compatible, and waste my money. here is my list:

motherboard: asus P8Z77-V pro Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
procesor: intel core i7 3770K 3,5hz 8mb s-1155 IVY
graphics card: asus geforce gtx 570 directcu II 1280mb pci-e dvi/hdmi
harddrive: seagate barracuda 2TB 7200rpm sata/600 64mb
powersupply: corsair hx 750w atx12v 2.2 / eps12v
RAM: corsair 8gb ddr3 vengeance l pc3.12800 1600mpz cl9 (2X4GB)

dont think the other stuff is important, but if is it, tell me to write it in.
thanks.

A:Are my list of computer parts compatible?

Looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-list-of-computer-parts-compatible.180833/
Relevancy 34.4%

Does anyone know what the 775 limitations are on this board? I can't access the CPU support and Im not sure of the 45/65nm support? I want to upgrade just the cpu on an old workstation to give 64bit support for more RAM (which I already have). I'd like to put the E5700 Wolfdale in but again, not sure. If anyone can recommend the top 3-4 processors that I can use it would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=91

A:CPU upgrade for workstation

It's not capable of utilizing more than 2GB of RAM, so not sure how you'd potentially need 64-bit to address what it can handle now.

I'd look at upgrading personally, compared with today's technology that motherboard is woefully inadequate and by the looks of things only supports very early LGA 775 processors anyway. You essentially be throwing money at obsolete technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-for-workstation.180338/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone I m gettin a new pc and I m worried compatible? New parts are PC, the about compatibility problems My configration is like this Motherboard Asus P z -V Pro Intel New PC, are the parts compatible? Z Soket DDR MHz Sata CPU Intel Core i K Soket GHz MB Cache nm CPU Cooler Thermaltake CONTAC LGA amp AM AM AMA Graphic Card Asus GTX DirectCU II TOP GDDR GB Bit Nvdia GeForce Ram Corsair GB x GB Vengeance Low Profile DDr MHz CL HDD OCZ GB Vertex Series Sata SSD Read MB Write M Case Cooler Master HAF PLUS GX PLUS W MidT ATX Black Case Links might not be perfectly correct cause I didn t select the parts from newegg I am New PC, are the parts compatible? wondering if these parts will work well together Are they compatible Will they be able to work at efficieny Hm and this PC is for gaming So I can take suggestions also I would really appriciate your help Thank you PS My the way I heard that there was a cite checking the compatibility for you You choose your cpu ram graphics and it tells you if they will work at full effiency Does anyone have an idea about that because I can t remember the cite nbsp

A:New PC, are the parts compatible?

No idea on the site, but we can help you with compatibility anyway.

You've listed the GPU as a GTX 560, but the link is a GTX 560 TI -- which is different. The TI is very good, whereas the non-TI might be found wanting in some games. The build looks nice, but I think we need to know what games you would like to play, and at what resolutions. Reason for this is you might find your graphics card choice to be a little underpowered, dependent on your expectations.

Do you plan to overclock your system, or run it at standard clocks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-are-the-parts-compatible.179912/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying for the first time to put together a system. Yeh I know...I need help. First of all is this a usable card. It is comming out of an existing system.
Thanks, ynotbme

A:Is the ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 graphics card compatible with a Dell Vostro 200?

If the card will fit in the box it'll probably work for you. When I looked up Dell Vostro 200 they were built into two kinds of cases. There was one type built in a slim case and the other type built in a mini case. The mini case is much wider than the slim case. It looks like both types of cases sport motherboards with X16 PCI-E slots for adding an aftermarket video card. Trouble will arise if your 9550/X1050 video card has an AGP connector instead of a PCI-E connector, or you have a full size video card and a slim case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-ati-radeon-9550-x1050-graphics-card-compatible-with-a-dell-vostro-200.177434/
Relevancy 28.38%

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

A:Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-compatible-with-this-board.176985/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

A:Compatible graphics hardware not found

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the GeForce GT525M card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-graphics-hardware-not-found.176808/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello Techspot-folks,

I am looking for a soundcard that is within 100 dollars/euro, I currently own a 2.1 speaker set Logitech Z-2300 and I am looking for a soundcard that will bring me even better sound but isn't all too expensive and does not have to have unneeded functions such as support for 5.1/7.1 when I'm most likely not going to upgrade to in the near future due to spacing-problems.

I currently have an onboard Realtek HD Audio inside.

I have read mixed reviews, some say keep my onboard and others say buy a PCIe one, so not really sure what to do.
Thanks a lot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ex-58-extreme-compatible-pcie-sound-card.176399/
Relevancy 27.95%

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138298

This is my motherboard, apparently not any old video card can run on it, something to do with pins :/ So I need a new video card, anything $100-200 will do, but it needs to be a new good one to run Skyrim. My current video card is:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

A:Need helping pick out a new video card that's compatible with my motherboard

Bit confused, that's a PCIe which you will need for any modern card and as a 6850 owner I'm having no frame rate issues with Skyrim. What resolution are you trying to play at? What are the problems you are encountering?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-helping-pick-out-a-new-video-card-thats-compatible-with-my-motherboard.175082/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey techspot Basically I m not sure if a few components will work with my current ones I will be using my compatible Not if sure are components motherboard Asus p n-e sli and plan on buying a corsair gb force ssd However I have seen mixed comments if ssds will work with my motherboard I was also wondering if u find ram Not sure if components are compatible by another company but has the same timings cas latency and speed but has different voltages does that matter One last thing I think I ll need to update my bios for a new CPU I m thinking of getting Anyway I was wondering if I could use a memory stick but I m not sure how Any help would be greatly appreciated U may think it s a wate of me getting a ssd when my Mobo doesn t fully support it but I plan on upgrading to ivy bridge when it comes out Also would a corsair tx v be powerful enough to support sli gtx s If no over clocking was done Thanks Rory nbsp

A:Not sure if components are compatible

AS far as the SSD, it should be compatible, but the main consensus is that these drives require a little Bios tweaking to work properly.

For your RAM, Just make sure that its DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) spec. with a 240pin interface and you'll be good, you don't need to worry about using memory from different manufactures.

Edit: Also Since the minimum system requirements for ONE of those cards is at least 550Watts, and you want to use two, I would find something with a bit more power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-sure-if-components-are-compatible.174599/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey,

I'm looking forward to buying a new AM3+ mobo (Asus M5A97) and 2x4GB corsair vengeance DDR3-1600 to replace my current setup. I've read that the Phenom II X6 1055T I have supports up to DDR3-1333, so, I was wondering: what would happen if I use the DDR3-1600? Will it work or should I get 1333 memory instead?

A:Phenom II X6 with DDR3-1600 compatible?

what is the exact model of the ram? it most likely would work, just downclock it to 1333MHz but can check the Ram model number against the MB specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-x6-with-ddr3-1600-compatible.173800/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi i am new here and i'm glad i found this site,

i am terrible with computers and i need help for this game i want to play
the sims 2 ( i know its old) i downloaded it and a the message : failed 2 find directX9.0 compatible graphics adapters in the system .

i have no idea what it mean but ive been trying for a couple of hours to fix it please if anybody can help me step by step i would greatly appreciat it

A:Directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapters to play the Sims 2

hello Vanessa
can you tell me what is your graphics card name

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-9-0-compatible-graphics-adapters-to-play-the-sims-2.173008/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am in the process of buying a new computer and I need to know if these components are compatible:

PSU: ISONIC IS-PX600 XTREME 600W PSU SIIS-PX600

RAM: MUSHKIN SILVERLINE 4GB DDR3-1333 LOW-VOLTAGE 2X2GB DUAL CHANNEL RAM KIT FO996768

DVD drive: SONY OEM SATA BLACK 24X DVD WRITER

Mother Board: ASUS P8H61 REV.3 LGA 1155 2X DDR3 1333 4X SATA GIGABIT LAN ATX MOTHERBOARD

HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.11 ST31500341AS 3.5 SATA 1.5TB DESKTOP HARD DRIVE IMST31500341AS

Case: RAIDMAX TORNADO SILVER WINDOWED SIDE PANEL CASE

GPU: PALIT GTS450 1024MB GDDR5 128BIT WITH SLI TVNE5S4500HD01

CPU: INTEL SANDY BRIDGE LGA1155 I5-2300 2.8GHZ QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

Thanks for the help

A:Are these components compatible?

Yes, it looks fine My only worry is that maybe you should look into buying a PSU from a more reputable company; I've never heard of iSonic before (but that might just be me). How much does the PSU cost?

Just out of interest, what are you planning on using the computer for? And what's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-components-compatible.172702/
Relevancy 35.26%

I've combed many web sites trying to find more information about this. I dimly recall even contacting the folks at ARM corporation, asking whether they are working on it (without a response, of course).

Does anyone here think that it will happen? What would you use such technology for? I'm interested because, as you probably know by now, I'm hoping to build an ultra-low-latency rig that lets me create some monster audio (using a MIDI-capable DAW like Cubase).

Now that Windows 8 will support ARM, I'm curious to see whether the industry will move toward low-power, high-efficiency, yet powerful processing.

Thanks.

- S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-arm-processors-become-available-for-matx-mitx-boards.171257/
Relevancy 29.24%

will my system HP p7-1037c be able to use a (sorry can't post a link yet i need 5 posts) startech 400 watt psu( ATX2POW400HS)? if not, do you have any recommended psu i could use?

A:Compatible PSU

Any quality 500 Watt or bigger ATX wattage power supply will work...

Some quality brands are:
Antec, Corsair, Thermaltake, OZC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-psu.170169/
Relevancy 29.24%

ok so i'm planning on building my first pc and i looked around newegg and this is what i managed to get

motherboard
processor
heat sink
ram * 2
case
video/graphics card
power supply
hard drive
cd drive
monitor
speakers
os windows 7 64-bit

yeah im kinda of in a budget (I'm kind of new on building and i have an extra $200 left for upgrades / or to buy more components-e.g a case fan, sound card.

If I were you I would wait for AMD's bulldozer series. Your motherboard supports it and you will have better performance.

If you want to save about 100 bucks then I would recommend the 6950 instead. It is cheaper and if you want to invest more in the 6950, then buy the toxic version from sapphire and overclock you will reach the 6970. You can also unlock it into a 6970. I heard it unlocks pretty well. And it also is the top 6950 on the market.

I would choose a different PSU. I would get a Corsair GS800 or if you want to invest more then a Corsair HX850 (modular). Mind you, the PSU is a little bit bigger than the normal ATX.

I would go for a different monitor. A 1920x 1080 or higher would make better use of your components, unless you will get 2 more via eyefinity.

That's all I can see so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.170003/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am planning on building my own PC. I would like it to last for about 2 or 3 years and run games well. Will this be good enough?

Here are the specs that might be used:

CPU Intel i5 2500k -188,30 ?
MotherBoard ASUS P8P67-M PRO (rev 3.0) - 129,81 ?
CPU Cooler CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H50 - 69,84 ?
GPU MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC - 252.89 ?
RAM CORSAIR 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz - 77,02 ?
PSU CORSAIR CX600 - 57,26?
Case CoolerMaster Dominator CM 690 Lite II Black - 77,51?
HDD SAMSUNG SpinPoint EcoGreen F2 1500GB - 62.69 ?
DVD drive SONY Optiarc AD-7260S - 17.74 ?

If you have any suggestions for improvements please tell me.

Thanks in advance

A:Will this build be compatible?

Looks a nice build, don't think you'll have a problem installing the power supply as the CX600 is a standard size unit. Depending on your budget, you might consider a Western Digital Caviar Black, pretty reliable and come in 1, 1.5 & 2TB capacities. As far as the DVD, there are quite a few choices including Lite-On, Samsung, ASUS & LG which should work for you. Depending on your budget, Plextor makes a nice CD/DVD Burner for just a bit more money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-build-be-compatible.166750/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I was planning to build a new PC mainly because my current one is pretty beat up and old I don t want something high-end but I want something that will be able to run World of Warcraft on good ultra settings with decent fps So I went and looked up certain parts and it seems like they are compatible with one another but I want to these parts PC compatible? Are double-check Also I would appreciate if you guys gave any tips hints like should I change a certain part or something Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply http www newegg Are these PC parts compatible? com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CD DVD Burner http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Are these PC parts compatible?

Yes,
the parts are compatible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-pc-parts-compatible.169779/
Relevancy 33.11%

SIGGRAPH -the geeks Christmas.
Engadget's short but very sweet video of an HP Z800 workstation equipped with a couple of Fusion-io drives, and an Nvidia QuadroPlex 7000 GPU system.

Four monitors, twelve simultaneous uncompressed 1080p video streams...read 'em and weep Eyefinity and 3D Surround junkies

Engadget article and video >>here<<

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/12-simultaneous-1080p-video-streams-from-one-workstation.169097/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am an Animation Graphics Student I am working on my first build Programs I use Maya DS Max Adobe Suite Corel Painter etc I also game a bit and used to play WoW hardcore when I still had a computer I was burglarized So I need build workstation hybrid Gaming/graphics a build that will be awesome for d graphics but won t sacrifice game play I am already over my budget and I need some advice I ve got builds One is a Combo deal and the other I spliced together The motherboard in the combo deal is quite better as far as I can tell I m going to post Build first then Build It won t let me post a link to my build yet unfortunately Newegg com - Computers Computer Parts and Electronics My Wish List Details Build Qty Image Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build A-D H-B Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Model GA-Z A-D H-B Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit - OEM Model GFC- Item N E Return Policy Software Standard Return Policy In Stock Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor - Retail Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor Model ET VG HP A Item N E Return Policy Monitor Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB - OEM Model SH- AB Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Model Lanboy air Blue Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate - - - Instant EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Model -P - -KR Item N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Model CMPSU- TX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - - Instant Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Model BX I K Item N E Return Policy CPU Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model OCZSSD - AGTE G Item N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock - Instant G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL Model F - CL D- GBRL Item N E Return Policy Memory Standard Return Policy In Stock Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Model WD FAEX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Model RR-B - P-G Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Subtotal nbsp

A:Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build

Looks OK, but I'd change the case to a Coolermaster HAF912 (if you don't want full tower, or HAF X, or a HAF932, all of which are cheaper than your current Antec LanBoy, so will save money. The HAF912 is only $49.99 after the mail in rebate (or $10 more without) which is frankly a huge saving on that Antec.

I'd also change your hard disk to a 1TB samsung Spinpoint F3, or if purely for storage needs, upgrade to a 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4. You could actually run 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3's (in RAID) for the same money as your single 1.5TB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-graphics-workstation-hybrid-build.168889/
Relevancy 28.38%

I need to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother because I am going to be setting up monitors to this one computer I Parts gaming computer? for compatible play games and I want to be able to watch like a movie on one screen play games on another screen and have music playing on the other just an example So are these parts good enough to be able to run any game on the highest damanded settings and able to be running other programs on the other monitors at the same time without any problems Thanks Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Fan http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Monitors per http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Well that s it and try to go easy on me it s my first one lol Thanks nbsp

A:Parts compatible for gaming computer?

I need to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother because I am going to be setting up 3 monitors to this one computer. I play games and I want to be able to watch like a movie on one screen, play games on another screen and have music playing on the other (just an example). So are these parts good enough to be able to run any game on the highest damanded settings and able to be running other programs on the other monitors at the same time without any problems? Thanks!Click to expand...

Hmm, no.
To do that, you'll need to just run the game in windows mode and just throw it to the side, I think. I don't think you need a separate monitor to play music.

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
ASRock Z68 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I'm not entirely sure that that card will have three display ports natively.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/parts-compatible-for-gaming-computer.168528/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am going into my fourth year of architecture school and I am building a desktop. I plan on using my system for Adobe cs5, CAD, Revit, 3ds max, Maya, Ecotect, Virtual Enviroment, Rhino, and Grasshopper. I am having trouble deciding on a graphics card. Is it necessary to have a workstation graphic card to do 3d modeling with these programs? If so, what type of card would you reccomend, Nvidia or ATI?

List of requirements given by the school:
Intel Core? i7
12 GB+ Memory
2TB Hard Drive
Dual 20"+ monitors
DVDRW Drive
Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least 1-2GB memory
Wireless Network Adapter
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

A:Workstation graphic cards vs. consumer cards

The last question is the easiest - I would go with nVidia because their CUDA processing engine accelerates many of the applications you use. I know Adobe CS5 and Maya take advantage of it but don't know about the rest of the applications you listed.

Adobe CS5 added acceleration for multiple applications with the Mercury Playback Engine which is designed specifically for more recent nVidia cards with the CUDA feature set.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adobe-cs5-cuda-64-bit,2770.html

Third party review and recommendations for use with CS5 (the card list starts about half way down the page)

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

CUDA (see more info below about CUDA) supported graphics cards (note that the GeForce or mainstream and gamer cards (for desktop and laptop PCs) are listed near the bottom of the page:

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

nVidia provides information touting how much their cards accelerate Adobe CS5, including general description about CUDA with internal links to more info for advanced users:a

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Here are a couple of reviews on workstation cards you might find informative:

Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/quadro-5000-firepro-v8800-workstation-graphics,2701.html

AMD FirePro V9800 4 GB: Eyefinity Meets Professional Graphics
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v9800-eyefinity-quadro-5000,2780.html

The choice between workstation vs. gaming cards is a little more difficult. The higher end gaming cards are very similar to the lower end gaming cards, the difference is primarily in the drivers and service. Workstation drivers have been more finely tuned to the kinds of work done in WS applications - but this can have a signficant impact on performance for those applications. Morever, with the higher price you pay buys you better, generlly quicker support for dealing with issues.

I think the choice must depend on how and how much you use the cards. If you use the applications for several hours a day, the higher productivity of the workstation station cards may pay for the higher cost several times over. Otherwise you might do just as well with the gaming cards.

If you decide to go with gaming cards, you might find some helpful information on upgrading video cards at upgradevideocards.com, but they have no information on workstation cards:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-graphic-cards-vs-consumer-cards.168100/
Relevancy 36.55%

So, I currently have a Sandy Bridge system that I built from scratch and am very happy with it. But before this, my old computer was ancient. (Compaq with an old AMD '64' processor, with DDR memory (not even DDR2) and an AGP slot.)

I don't ever want to get trapped with something that old again, so I would like to plan to regularly upgrade my computer. While I admire AMD for what they are doing, and I do believe it is good for mainstream computers, it doesn't seem best for what I like in the foreseeable future, so I know I want to make plans for Intel processors... But I can't decide whether I want to shoot for the tics or the tocs... or even alternate by skipping both a tic and a toc.

What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tic-toc-processors.168228/
Relevancy 33.97%

I need to build a PC for this upcoming fall semester We have been given guidelines to follow by the school but they are very open-ended and could use some assistance The pc will be running programs such as Rhinoceros Autocad DS Max Adobe CS etc I was hoping to keep the price range of this computer between - Students entering th year Architecture will begin rendering and using other 3D new Building workstation a modeling resource intensive applications The college requires the purchase of a high-end desktop computer Many students choose to have these systems custom built to better fit their needs Example minimum specs for Intel Core i GB Memory TB Hard Drive DVD RW Drive Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least - GB memory Wireless Network Adapter Windows Home Premium -bit www kent edu CAED about computing archcomputer cfm Click to expand I need assistance in the bold areas There just seem to be so many things to choose from I don t know where to begin Thank you in advance Hayden nbsp

A:Building a new 3D modeling workstation

haha

check out my post today

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic168043.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-3d-modeling-workstation.168044/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking to upgrade/replace 6 older workstation pc's (purchased 11/07) and am looking for advice on new builds.

The workstations are used for our P.O.S. program and accessing online vendors (low graphics requirements).

Emphasis on reliability, low cost.

Willing to reuse old components, especially monitor,keyboard & mouse.

Prefer established online vendors like Newegg.

Is the "budget box" build the best bet?

Current System Specs: Dell OptiPlex 745
HARD DRIVE..., 80G, S2, 7.2K, 3.5, WD-UNIC
Dual In-line Memory Module 512, 667M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, 945, 3.4, 2X2MB Pentium D Presler, D0

A:Building new budget workstation pc's, looking for recommendations

Budget? AMD or Intel? Does it matter? What programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-budget-workstation-pcs-looking-for-recommendations.168051/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,
I would like to know the AMD Phenom II x6 is compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard. I currently have that board and I am not sure if I should get a newer motherboard when buying the Phenom II x6 1100T.

Thanks in advance.

A:Is the AMD Phenom II x6 1100T compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard?

Yes, the link below contains the CPU support list for the motherboard in question. Just as a pointer to you or others that may view this thread in the future; you can always search the website of your motherboard manufacturer and then check the CPU support list and QVL (Qualified Vending list) for compatible memory before purchasing items.

CPU support list: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/785GM-E51.html#?div=CPUSupport
Memory support list: http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_1866.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-amd-phenom-ii-x6-1100t-compatible-with-the-msi-785gm-e51-motherboard.167878/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am upgrading my computer which I use for Video editing Music production gaming and extreme multi-tasking After thorough research here is my shortlist CPU Intel Core i k GHz Socket MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor RAM Corsair Vengeance GB upgrade for your Shortlist thoughts? - PC workstation x Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GB DDDR Mhz Memory Module CL V MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Socket onboard Channel Audio ATX Motherboard SSD DRIVE Crucial GB quot M SSD SATA-III Gb s - Read MB s Write MB s I am upgrading from Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GA-EP -DS R Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case I will continue to use with the new build Do you have any suggestions for improvement I hope to order this week I am happy to buy from any reliable Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? website including ebay sellers my preferred websites are ebuyer and amazon Thank you in advance for any suggestions they will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts?

It's not necessary to start two threads.
4.5 ghz should be fine.
You might need a new mounting brace for your fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shortlist-for-workstation-pc-upgrade-your-thoughts.166759/
Relevancy 33.11%

Budget Range while being workstation 1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin 1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V 32.99 x4 - 131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V 151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS 209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 27.95%

It's getting to be upgrade time again.

Going to go the server route, probably 1366 Xeon.

My questions are:

1. Do Xeon 1366's have different hole alignment/spacing that consumer 1366's?

2. If so, can anyone recommend some water blocks other than Koolance, which I know I can use, to take a look at?

Thanks for any help.

A:Socket 1366 Xeon - can anyone recommend compatible waterblocks?

Im pretty sure all 1366 motherboards use the same mounting holes. So any waterblock for the 1366 socket should be compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-1366-xeon-can-anyone-recommend-compatible-waterblocks.161388/
Relevancy 28.81%

If a mother board says it's compatible with DDR3 ram does it mean any type? For example PC3-10666 and PC3-12800?

I'm confused because this motherboard is compatible with DDR3 but this RAM doesn't list the motherboard model with compatible types?

A:How to tell what types of RAM a motherboard is compatible with?

If you go directly to (in this example) to Gigabytes support website for the motherboards model, you will see complete memory specs. If you follow the specs you won't have any problems or confusion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-tell-what-types-of-ram-a-motherboard-is-compatible-with.165844/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys I m planning on purchasing a workstation soon but i need advice from experts on how many memory ram should i be looking at I will be buying from OEM such as DELL or HP according to their workstation series there are models which can be upgraded to GB GB GB GB Running on Windows Pro -bit OS Programs that i will be using consist of DS Solidworks Autocad Autodesk Ds Max Inventor Adobe Creative Suite perhaps Bunkspeed or other rendering programs not to forget MS Office As this is the first time i will memory Workstation's be buying a workstation i need feedback or advice from people who s doing the same task and perhaps running Workstation's memory programs of such I m looking to optimize the performance of my workflow in reality do i need GB of rams The task i will be doing is designing Products interior space D modeling Rendering Please advice Workstation's memory me Thank you very much for your help nbsp

A:Workstation's memory

16-24 GB will probably be enough, but it really comes down to the size of your models and how much multitasking with these apps you will be doing. Take a look at your current memory usage on your current rig by watching Taskman to get an idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstations-memory.165970/
Relevancy 28.38%

I was wanting some help in determining if these were compatible I don t want to waste money on incompatible sure a Building computer, compatible are if not these parts hardware Sorry I couldn t post links to the websites that I found these on I Building a computer, not sure if these parts are compatible am a new member and I don t have a high enough post count Case Antec Dark Fleet DF- Price Power Supply Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ- Price Mother Board ASUS Rampage III Extreme Price Hard Drive Western Digital WD AAEX GB SATA Gbps MB RPM Price Graphics Card XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Price Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro Series Sound card - kHz - -bit Price OS Windows Ultimate -Bit Price Core Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I Price RAM Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR MHz PC - Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory CMX GX M A C -Pin - - - Non-ECC Unbuffered V Price DVD-ROM Samsung SH-B L - DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM BD-ROM drive - Serial ATA - x CD x DVD x BD x CD x DVD R x DVD R DL x CD x DVD-RW x DVD RW x DVD-RAM - Internal - Black Price Monitor ASUS ASUS INCH WIDE LCD MONITOR VW H DVI HDMI HDCP SPEAKER CD MS MS BLACK - VW H Price nbsp

A:Building a computer, not sure if these parts are compatible

A 1200W power supply seems way overkill considering the relatively modest single graphics card. You didn't state the purpose of the PC. If it's gaming, were you planning to upgrade the graphics card as well as doubling up with crossfire later? If not, consider starting out with a better card now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-not-sure-if-these-parts-are-compatible.164680/
Relevancy 35.26%

my motherboard fried out on me so im wanting to update any how any one know a good reliable mobo that can game with that is Intel Core i3-550 3.20GHz CPU compatible and within a reasonable price range

A:Core i3 processors advice needed

You still looking at your original $200 budget mate?

If so, this is considerably under your budget:

GIGABYTE GA-H55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $114.99 (with $10.00 rebate) from Newegg.

I personally prefer Gigabyte to pretty much everything else, but opinions will differ as everyone has their own individual experiences and therefore their own personal recommendations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i3-processors-advice-needed.164570/
Relevancy 34.83%

Can anyone tell me what this means I am thinking of buying a new pc and am not confident enough to build it myself. Have been looking in the usual places that people who build there own rigs probably disapprove of, when am looking at a certain pc from dell it says this

The memory speed of 4 DIMMS configuration will be limited at 1066MHz with Athlon II X4 630 and Phenom II X4 820 processors. ...

If the memory works at 1300 Mhz and the Processor only supports 1066 Mhz what does that mean ?

A:AMD processors limited to 1066MHz memory speed?

AMD CPU's have the memory controller built into them. Faster memory will just have the speed of it set to what the memory controller can support.

So if the memory works at 1300Mhz, but the controller only supports 1066Mhz, then the 1300Mhz memory will just slow down to 1066Mhz.

But Dell only says that the speed of the memory will be limited on those CPU's only if all 4 ram slots are filled with memory. Unless you will be upgrading the memory in the system when you get it, you dont need to worry about it.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processors-limited-to-1066mhz-memory-speed.161784/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,
If the integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 on Asus M4A88T-M gets crossfired(x) with HD5770, will they run DX11 applications?
Thank for your help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-hd-4250-crossfirex-dx11-compatible.161962/
Relevancy 27.95%

Was wondering if anyone can suggest a Good HSF for the new socket 1155

A:Good cooler that is compatible with Socket 1155?

nvm i just read that they are same as 1156 coolers so sorry to bother you all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-cooler-that-is-compatible-with-socket-1155.159420/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i m choosing between what kind types of Solid State Drive to be configure in my new mobile workstation The problem is i m not so familiar with SSDs and computer s hardware So i hope mobile between workstation types SSDs for Choosing of that i could get some help out of this thread on Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation the differences and the ideal choice of Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation SSDs for my mobile workstation Or should i just go for a normal HDD I will basically run Autodesk program ranging from Autocad Inventor Ds Max then Solidworks Bunkspeed amp Adobe programs These are the options provided by Dell Precision M and i wonder what brand do they uses for SSDs i feel safer to go with Intel but i really don t know GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Included in Price GB RPM SATA Hard Drive add cheapest GB Full Minicard Solid State Drive add cheap GB Mobility Solid State Drive add moderate GB Solid State Hard Drive add super high price HP Elitebook w GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB Solid State Hard Drive GB RPM SED SATA HARD DRIVE Thank you nbsp

A:Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation

it looks like they use Samsung FlashSSD drives.
http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo...mobile_hdd&~lt=popup&~series=precn&~tab=other

they are not to bad actually and far better then i would have expected from Dell.
the Samsung FlashSSD on the website has pretty decent specs but i am not sure if that is the exact same drive with same specs.
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/...Brand_Flash+Drive+-+General_Samsung+flash+ssd

edit: in any case you probably would fair better with an aftermarket drive like the ocz vertex 2 or the corsair force but then you would probably not have dell's recovery partition on it etc. unless you clone it.

if you would do that you could either save by not getting a hdd altogether from dell or use the 7200rpm that it comes with as storage drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-between-types-of-ssds-for-mobile-workstation.160491/
Relevancy 29.24%

hey guys i got a little problem

i got a cpu processor AMD athlon (tm) 64 x2 Dual core 4200+ 2.2GHZ ( 2 cpu's)C
graphic card : Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

atm im running with 1 gb ram but gonan buy another and better one. what ram do u recommend : 3 gig ram OR 4 gig ram to be compatable with cpu ??

A:RAM compatible with CPU?

Wouldn't it be helpful to know the motherboard, and the operating system ? That information is what is usually needed first... then the memory answer comes fairly quickly.
I would not want to try to match the existing memory module, but rather to buy new modules all of the same brand and specs... mixing memory modules too often slows things down a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-compatible-with-cpu.159507/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello everyone I have a rig I built and a half years ago that I m trying to upgrade piece by piece which includes the following hardware - AMD x ghz - gb ddr ram - ATI Radeon x xt mb - a r MVP-deluxe motherboard - w cooler master power supply I obviously need to upgrade this system to play some decent games and for D animation and I wanted to upgrade my videocard specifically I was looking at the radeon as it has some pretty good specs and isn t too expensive I will upgrade my mobo and everything good a8r32 compatible Asus cards? MVP-deluxe, video any later but I can t until I allocate more funds Would a be compatible with my mobo it would only be temporary I already ordered a new power supply w for decent power I just want to get rid of this x xt as it overheats like crazy and causes artifacts constantly What Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards? would you recommend i do My next mobo will be good and i want to upgrade to a quad core phenom or maybe an i I m on the fence when it comes to processors Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards?

Any PCI-e x16 video card will work... Your motherboard can accommodate 2 of these video cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8r32-mvp-deluxe-any-good-compatible-video-cards.158852/
Relevancy 36.12%

Can anyone recommend a 64-bit server that supports hardware virtualization?

Can't seem to find anything with the AMD-V or Intel-VT processors on Ebay. I found ONE Intel server on Ebay but would like to look at a few more options. What I want to do is set up a small intranet like environment for testing/development purposes using Ubuntu Server and the XEN hypervisor and set up like 5 or 6 VM's. Maybe mess around a little with Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud.

In additional to which server I should buy, does anyone have any other suggestions so far as hardware requirements?

A:AMD-V and Intel-VT processors

Most of the Intel Xeon processors would be suitable for this:
http://ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?familyID=594

Most (if not all) Opterons from AMD would support virtualization as well.

If you don't need a server CPU, there are plenty of desktop CPU's that support this technology as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-v-and-intel-vt-processors.158511/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi.i am new to this.i want to know the best processor in the market today thats a reasonable price that i can use on my dell dimension 9200.it currently runs a intel core 2 duo,this is a few years out of date i believe.i want a a significant upgrade in speed.any help would be great?.thank

A:Upgrading Dell Dimension 9200 processors

Do you know which CPU you have in your machine? I believe those came with Core2Duo E6400's at one point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-dimension-9200-processors.156467/
Relevancy 28.81%

My name is Vic and this is going to be my first build I have been Is - build it First suggestions compatible and/or any doing a bit of research for the last few days and have come up with this build the price of this build not including the monitor is about If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions appreciated Thanks again Approximate Purchase Date As soon as Possible First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions Budget Range Around System Usage from Most to Least Important Gaming movies Parts Not Required OS mouse keyboard hopefully monitor CPU - Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I Motherboard - BIOSTAR T XE CFX-SLI LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Graphics - SAPPHIRE SR Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Memory - CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C Hard drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive CPU Cooler - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Rev mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler CD DVD Drive - Sony Optiarc Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA CD DVD Burner - OEM Case - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Possible Monitor - ASUS VH H Black quot ms HDMI Full P Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built in Speakers Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions

Sounds good, actually.
I like this motherboard a little more though.
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

IMO worth the extra $2.
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C8LV4GK

Got some thermal paste?
Also, built in monitor speakers aren't really nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-is-it-compatible-and-or-any-suggestions.155427/
Relevancy 32.68%

This will be a video editing workstation running premiere pro maybe elements Looking to spend up some need parts on editing feedback workstation video Building to Prices are from Newegg Just looking to make sure everything is compatible and that there aren t any bottlenecks and not sure if the PSU will have enough juice with just W Also thinking about adding an aftermarket cpu fan cooler EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi SuperClocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Mail-in Rebate Card AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT ZFBGRBOX CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Mail-in Rebate Card SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM SATA Gb s Corsair Nova Series CSSD-V GB -BRKT quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD ASUS VH H Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen Full HD P LCD Monitor ASUS M A TD USB AM AMD SATA Gb s USB AMD Motherboard SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner Black EIDE ATAPI Model SH-S A Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Subtotal Thanks for the help in advance nbsp

A:Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts

I really would go with a larger Power supply, maybe something in a 650 + Range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-video-editing-workstation-need-some-feedback-on-parts.155285/
Relevancy 27.95%

So im looking for a compatible processor upgrade for my old Looking good processor upgrade.. for any suggestions? compatible a Dell XPS It currently holds the Core Duo E I am limited to buying only from newegg com and all I can see thats on the list is the E but its the wolfdale model would this be compatible I was also looking at the wolfdale E and E series just trying to see if anyone has had any luck with these in a XPS I want to get the best upgrade possible and I know there are more processors that work besides whats on their compatibility list which Ive attached below Thanks for any help this is dells list of compatible processors for the XPS with the BIOS update PR Presler P G X MB Looking for a good compatible processor upgrade.. any suggestions? FSB D UY Presler P G X MB FSB C YW Presler P G X MB FSB D XJ Presler P G X MB FSB C PU Presler PD G X MB FSB D DK Presler P G X MB FSB C RT Presler P G X MB FSB C UJ Presler P G X MB FSB C CJ Presler P G x MB FSB B DK Cedar Mill G MB FSB C PN Cedar Mill G MB FSB D PY Cedar Mill G MB FSB C KU Cedar Mill G MB FSB D PY Cedar Mill G MB FSB C DK Cedar Mill G MB FSB C DT Cedar Mill G MB FSB D HU Conroe E G MB FSB L DX Conroe E G MB FSB L RX Conroe E G MB FSB M DT Conroe E G MB FSB B DU Conroe E G MB FSB L DX Conroe E G MB FSB B DU Conroe E G MB FSB L KN Conroe E G MB FSB B DX Conroe E G MB FSB B KU Conroe E G MB FSB B PN Conroe E G MB FSB B WM Conroe XE X G MB FSB B FG Smithfield P G MB FSB Mainstream B UY Smithfield P G X MB FSB B HU Kentsfield Quad Core Q G MB FSB B MP Kentsfield Quad Core Q G MB FSB G UT Prescott P G FSB MB ALT G UT Prescott P G FSB MB ALT G UY Prescott P G MB FSB G thanks guys nbsp

A:Looking for a good compatible processor upgrade.. any suggestions?

The Q6600 seems the most future proof to me? but does Newegg sell it? sorry, not had a look at the site so, probably would be a good starting place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-good-compatible-processor-upgrade-any-suggestions.154559/
Relevancy 27.52%

Audio card for Dell Dimension compatible with Windows Hello everybody Fresh member and glad to be here Lemme start with a problem I am hoping somebody here can help me with Last weekend I upgraded my Dell Dimension to Windows After some work finally I am left with just one compatibility issue it came with the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio card Dell compatible 8300 for Dimension card with 7? Windows Video and I am unable to find drivers for it that work Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? with Windows I searched online and found a few others have hit Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? this problem and even suggested solutions which didn t work for me I am guessing I will simply have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement audio card Problem is how do I make sure that an Audio card is compatible with both the hardware Dell Dimension and the software Win I am not a gamer so am not looking for the best-of-the-best just something that allow me to play songs and video And yes the integrated in the existing card s name - does it mean I cannot remove it or it is integrated with something else video card Will that be an issue thanks - radhak nbsp

A:Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7?

Welcome!

you can try DriverEasy and see if it finds any working drivers(?) it was recommended to me also here on TechSpot so now I pass it on for me it works really good, the only down side with the free version of the program is that the download is really slow (limited to 8-20kbps).

Do you mean you want to remove the integrated wound card? -basically everything that is "integrated" can be disabled (in the bios) but not removed. If you get an other sound card and install it then most likely the bios will automatically disable the integrated sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-for-dell-dimension-8300-compatible-with-windows-7.154400/
Relevancy 27.95%

My Promise FastTrak 378 Controller is not compatible with Windows 7. Any recommendations on what controller I should replace my current controller with and is Windows 7 compatible? I have gone to stores to purchase whatever I may have needed for my computer only to end up having to return my purchase. Apparently, the sales people did not understand what "compatible with Windows 7" meant. Since I still have a lot to learn in the land of computers, I need a little help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-promise-fasttrak-378-controller-is-not-compatible-with-windows-7.154258/