Windows Support Forum

Warranty on HP Spectre x360

Q: Warranty on HP Spectre x360

Hello ,First I want to say that I tried contacting HP sales in 5pm they said that they are working from 8am to 2 am which is already a warning sign ...I am planning on buying HP Spectre x360 ash silver.I love how it looks and also the performance is really good for the money.My concern is that I have read so many complains of cracked screen from itself ( design flaw or uncalculated pressure on the screen or heating up too much , something is causing the screens to crack ...) Hp hasn't made official statement on this issue and so far I understood that the warranty doesn't cover it.I don't want to spend so much money on something that will break from itself and the warranty won't cover it.Is there someway to include this issue in the warranty before buying the laptop?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warranty-on-HP-Spectre-x360/td-p/5634216
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Warranty on HP Spectre x360

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 32.68%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 34.4%

A few years back I purchased - GB Kingston Value Ram sticks Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR D N K G I used it on an Intel X board that warranty, compatibility... Memory was glitchy finall gave up and swapped it on to an MSI X- board with a Q processor Memory warranty, compatibility... that was glitchy so I scrapped the Memory warranty, compatibility... whole thing and did an I- build Decided to revisit the Q and the Kingston Ram and do a Home Theater build using an Intel DG RK The quot tested ram quot spec for that board calls for volt non ECC ram However when I go Memory warranty, compatibility... on the Kingston website and plug in that motherboard it specifies the ram If I plug in the - GB sticks of that I use in the I- build everything works fine But when I plug in the ram of the GB sticks are accepted by the motherboard and two are rejected with the -beep code When I was running this ram on the previous motherboards they were always glitchy beep codes at startup lock-ups I must have run Memtest times and always showed no errors Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem Ram always says quot limited lifetime warranty quot but when I have run Memtest in the past it shows no problems Does anyone have any suggestions about warranty replacement I think that will be a waste of time nbsp

A:Memory warranty, compatibility...

Compare the votages and timings in BIOS against the designed specs of the RAM. Do they match?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-warranty-compatibility.158473/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I was trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade or switch out my Freezone for a high powered Tech liquid cooling system for my setup Just thought if I could mod my freezone but Coolit Freezone I'm warranty voided... happy somehow http coolitsystems com you can find the unit here So heres what the system lacks imo from trial and error increasing my vcore from vs to vs fsb from - changing multiplier CT speedstep enabled disabled -large liquid resevoir -liquid tubing larger than quot -push pull feature since the unit is Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy so compact Freezone stock At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Freezone modded At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Now for the modification info I purchased high cfm fans I bought them here http www sidewindercomputers com depf drhisp html I replaced the mm fan with one of the new fans on the opposite side of the radiator I placed another Creating a push pull effect To mount the inner most fan I had to remove the liquid pump which actually was a good thing it created more lengh in the loop giving more options in my case to remount the pump When I first bought this unit I was curious to know why I could sometimes here the pump rumbling This unit comes filled with a anti-corrosive liquid that is said to be selfsustaining and not need refilling I should have RMA d it then but I was unknowledgable about water liquid cooling at the time To remedy this i bought more anti-corrosive liquid Went to my local pharmacy picked up some syringes cc units were the only syringes available so I got them anyway I very carefully poured the liquid into the syringe then ever so carefully injected enough liquid to refill the loop which took about fills of the syringe To make sure the loop was air tight I took a lighter and lite a flame maybe a cm from the tubing this sealed the very small whole I made Afterwards i tested the loop for leaks ran the unit for hours There you have it my new and improved unit Working well to date My motherboard cpu options are listed in my sig btw nbsp

A:Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy

Might I add, these are only what I did to my unit and the results. They are no way shape or form of any kind of directions*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coolit-freezone-warranty-voided-but-im-happy.87492/
Relevancy 34.4%

After years of building PCs for friends and family I purchased a Dell Vostro 410 for work as it was a good deal.

Anyway as things happen, the jack pin from the speaker system broke off leaving the end in the pc.

Try as I might I could not pull it out and ended up drilling out really carefully. Unfortunately now cannot use the onboard sound and have installed a pci sound card.

From what I can see, there is no evidence of my abuse and I have paid for 4yr warranty, should I come clean and get a new mobo or just keep quiet?

Ta

A:Have I voided my dell warranty

well if u are going to try warranty, do not tell them what u did, and I may get banned for saying that. if the pci card is working just keep quiet and use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-i-voided-my-dell-warranty.114177/
Relevancy 34.83%

I contacted Asus support for warranty claims for a friend as his motherboard was faulty and was within the warranty period. But there was no response might be the email on which I contacted was wrong in a similar case Intel had given a very prompt response can some one tell me where can I get the contact info as the email given on their website was non responsive.

A:How to claim warranty

The case I referred to was from India so some contact email where I can contact here,
I raised this thread because when I went to the shopkeeper it was very very difficult for me to make him understand the BSOD ,STOP screen error which after reading memory dump I came at a conclusion was a motherboard error and the service personal in India at Priya were not convinced even though I had changed motherboard so I wanted to know the procedure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-claim-warranty.99403/
Relevancy 29.67%

Spent a good while "chatting" w/ NewEgg & Seagate - India about OEM vs "Retail" hard drives.

NewEgg clearly states on their site that many "OEM" Seagate internal drives drives have 5 yr parts & labor "Manufacturer's Warranty" (on the specific HDD specs page).

Seagate - India, tells me that drives designated as OEM will NOT have any warranty (or support) honored by Seagate to the end user.

For those w/ experience in this, what's the actual truth about OEM drives & warranties, from NewEgg or any other E-tailer?

A:Warranty difference OEM hard drive vs "Retail"

OEM you have to go by what the Manufacturer of company says as they're the one going to help you out. So OEM drives if you buy them from a vendor at a computer show they'll replacement for free. The vendor not the Manufacturer company. HDDs I just buy them wholesale and still get the protection from the manufacture. Unless NewEgg is going to protect after 5 years down the line, but you'll have to get that in writting..

Retail - Price is higher unless you get it on clearance then it would be the same price of OEM but you get protection

OEM - Price is cheaper low overhead
OEM - no hardware brackets
OEM - no retail box
OEM - no manual
OEM - no warranty (unless you a PC repair shop of PC vendor since you would buy in blunk)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/warranty-difference-oem-hard-drive-vs-retail.86123/
Relevancy 35.26%

if i remove the heat Spreader off of the ram and put a diff. one on with that mess up my Warranty.

A:Ram Warranty

sorry for posting this, i just found the info i needed, and again sorry for the post. google is my new best friend

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-warranty.82558/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I have a P Ghz processor in my computer that I risk and warranty...should overclock? I take I this got got from futureshop with a year extended warranty plan on all hardware and labour So basically the only thing they dont cover is the software Now my question is should I take the risk of overclocking it to achieve the highest speed possible And if it gets toasted because I never overclocked before I will just take it to futureshop to have it replaced OR do you think they wont buy the trick and automatically know I overcloked and burned it ALSO Will this have ANY negative effect on my other hardwares such as ATI Redeon ram or DVD drive like burning it or anything SO If you think this is a great apportianity for a first timer to screw around and possiblt get a brand new pc replacement please refer me or tell a detailed guide on how to overclock I will surely I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock? update the progress if it gets going Thanks P S I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock? Is there any other way aside from overclocking and possibly burning the CPU to burn a hardware such as motherboard without a technician knowing it was completely delibrate lol nbsp

A:I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock?

Dude, 2.5 GHz is pretty fast. Don't overclock. They may take the trick, but its against the law to do that, you could be in prison for a max of 3 yrs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-got-warranty-should-i-take-this-risk-and-overclock.55175/
Relevancy 33.11%

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
GHX Card: EVGA Geforce 7900GTX
Monitor: Spectre X20G-NAGA III

I have recently started building a new omputer and I have run into a problem. The computer turns on but when I look at the monitor, an message pops up showing a picture of this: Monitor ---> X --->Tower (Basically meaning that it has no connection to the computer) I find that intresting though because I have everything plugged in and in the right slots.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Please help!

A:No Signal Message (Spectre Monitor)

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

We need to back up a bit first. Open up your case and have a look.

When the system is not turned on, there is an LED light on your board. Can you see it? What color is it? When you hit the power button, tell us EXACTLY what happens. Any fans spinning? Does the color of that light change? Any beeps from the system?

Did you connect the power connector to your graphics card?

How many watts is your PSU (and what make is it)?

Tell us some more about your ram. What size and speed are the ram? How many sticks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-message-spectre-monitor.50598/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi y?all,
Lately i have been dealing with a lot of under performance of my notebook. The cause of that is of all the ads which are constantly popping up while browsing.
Therefore, I have been searching the web for tips and tricks/solutions to get a rid of these pop ups, however with no success.
So now I found this new forum page, and my question is: How can I get a rid of these pop ups and boost up my notebook (i7 processor) performance. Should I reset my laptop and restore to factory settings?
Thanks
Milton

A:Notebook spectre i7 processor running slow (ads pop up)

You are most likely infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things and post in that section of the forum and not here please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/notebook-spectre-i7-processor-running-slow-ads-pop-up-1036625.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I bought HP Paviion x from Future Shop a month ago At that time I didn't get for Pen 130 x360 Pavilion HP any pen or pen drive software Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 So I'm just wondering if it's their mistake or I should buy one If possible I'd like to use one of these pens Lapazz tablet pen stylus pen and a pen for HP tc tablet pc Also I want to use pen pressure for photoshop If I have to buy the pen What pen will fit for my laptop What pen drive do I need to install Do I have to buy both of them can I download a free software from HP website I really need the pen pressure system If I don't need to buy Can I get a digital pen from Futureshop Best Buy I don't know much about Tablet PC and It was first time to buy a laptop by myself Unless Does one of pens on top work on my Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 laptop and to use pen pressure I tried to touch the screen with them Only stylus worked Can I use Lapazz tablet pen as a digital pen a stylus

A:Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360

Unless I'm missing something, this is a touch screen which you use your finger to navigate rather than a mouse.  If you are more comfortable using a mouse you can use a usb type with the laptop.  I personally don't know anyone who uses a stylus on a laptop touch screen.

Just out of curiosity, where did you read that you needed to use a "pressure pen"? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575093/pen-for-hp-pavilion-130-x360/
Relevancy 34.4%

Noticed that a couple of the online shopping networks are giving quot Lifetime Support quot on many of the computers they are selling They never talk about the quot Warranty Period quot not even once during the hours long show I can believe that with quot Lifetime Support quot that years from now I could call one of the major computer support numbers and they would answer some questions support vs Warranty Lifetime but are they trying to deceive us in a way so that we as customers could call in in years and complain of the computer not booting up and they would diagnose it and say the hard drive is bad and they send out a new one FREE Come on - most of us that have bought computers in the past know better but there are new first time customers and older folks that aren t that familiar with using Lifetime support vs Warranty or purchasing a computer that certainly can misunderstand that there is a BIG difference Lifetime Support is NOT Lifetime Warranty I think this kind of sales bull needs to stop - their lying by omission Just makes Lifetime support vs Warranty me furious when I watch them Your thoughts please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lifetime-support-vs-warranty.1157153/
Relevancy 33.54%

We have a person who is somewhat important on HP specter 360 with Windows 7. She received a NSOD and i did a bluescreenview and it said it is related to ntoskrnl.exe. Uploaded mini dump. Please help this poor IT person.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD. Not sure what is going on. HP Spectre 360

Hi xxxnullifierxxx,

Welcome to the 7forums.

A driver from Symantec has been flagged
Please check Symantec for software updates.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PGPwded.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PGPwded.sys

2: kd> lmvm PGPwded
start end module name
fffff880`0151a000 fffff880`01584000 PGPwded T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: PGPwded.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\PGPwded.sys
Image name: PGPwded.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 28 10:24:45 2014 (54783F5D)
CheckSum: 0006A043
ImageSize: 0006A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
I understand this person you are talking about is from an organization?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384436-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-not-sure-what-going-hp-spectre-360-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I cannot create a new folder on the desktop. Right click of the mouse pad does nothing. Shift Control N does nothing. This is ridiculous. Any help is appreciated.

A:HP Spectre X360 with Windows 10

Does right click work at all? Try right click on Start button and see if it produces a menu. Some people has experienced problems with their touch pad, try using a mouse and see if right click works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-spectre-x360-with-windows-10.1160901/
Relevancy 34.83%

Has anyone carefully reviewed Comodo's hardware warranty? It will pay the user $500 malware permanently damages the system - beyond any repair - with CIS installed. In 99.99999% of cases a clean install of the OS fixes everything. And how are you going to prove that malware permanently broke your HDD, your screen, or any other hardware?

Comodo's Warranty is phrased and termed in a manner that makes it a virtual impossibility that Comodo will ever have to make a pay out.

It's all fine and good that Melih stands behind his products - but the warranty is absurd.

This illustrates the ridiculousness of it all...

I, HJLBX, will personally insure anyone - absolutely free of any cost - against "The Sky Falling," and will pay anyone who presents a valid claim - $1,000,000,000.

Such insurance is worthless.

Just sayin...

If anyone wants that Falling Sky insurance, then send me a PM.

A:Comodo Warranty

August 12th:
http://stardate.org/nightsky/meteors

https://malwaretips.com/threads/comodo-warranty.47981/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Chaps BRANDNEW ARRIVED DAYS AGO HP Spectre x Core Intel i7-6500U BRICK HD520 Graphics Spectre x360 NEW HP 13-4109na - na - Intel Core i - U Windows GB DDR L GB SDRAM Intel HD Graphics Supplied with Windows home and updated to Windows home with m s update Video Scheduler driver STOPPED RESPONDING VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR andsimilar Errors ABOUT FOUR TIMES DAILY Usually whilst using IE FIREFOX usuallywhen changing page scrolling COULD IT BE RELATED TO POPUPS OR OTHER VIDEO ON SCREEN Event viewer shows Display driver igfx stoppedresponding and has successfully recovered Event ID Think this is x error Sometimes blue screens but more often recovers Rolled driver back to No improvement YESTERDAY Contacted HP chat support Paul who using a minuscule chatbox promptly Reset driver to latest driver and updatedBIOS Apologised for the inconvenience and offered me a HPvoucher NOT ARRIVED MACHINE STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM after HP support QUELLE SURPRISE If I were not otherwise quite pleased HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK with the machine and had not spent a few hours setting it up it would be sent straight back - it may still be Nevertheless keen to sort it out thanks for your help There appear to be some beta drivers available here https downloadcenter intel com dow - - - - - - but I cannot get the Win bit version to install quot The driver being installed is not validated for this computer quot error arises there are some instructions to bypass this here https steamcommunity com HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK app I do only have one graphics card Is this the way forward OK folks followed the instructions carefully essentially telling the P C to search yourself have driver and have disc then navigate to folder you have saved and extracted to Note also it is best to download the zipped file since it contains graphics display audio and language items and so you can choose graphics separately I could not get the HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK single exe file to load the graphics driver Now running beta driver dated Time will tell Well no recurrence for hours so marking as solved - famous last words eh Yes spoke too soon Made the mistake of turning to tablet mode and twice had the worst screen problems yet experienced Mike

A:HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the 10forums.

To note:
Attachment 52520

As the 0x119 is GPU related, please stress test the GPU and clean install the drivers.
Please uninstall everything of Intel graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Intel. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.

Diagnostic test

GPU TEST

Run Furmark to test your GPU. Furmark tutorial

Note
Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning
Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff800`ee6f0000 fffff800`eed2d000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D)
CheckSum: 0061C20F
ImageSize: 0063D000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32551-hp-spectre-x360-13-4109na-intel-core-i7-6500u-hd520-graphics-new-brick.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I purchased a new laptop - E5-573-36RP on 16th Apr 2016. When checking the warranty online here(https://www.shopacer.co.in/) , I see the expiry date is 3rd April 2017 which is incorrect. I also want to purchase extended warranty. How do I go about correcting the expiry date and purchase of extended warranty? Thanks!D

Relevancy 34.83%

Hello, my company has resold nearly 100 Acer laptops in the last year. All have worked great except one. It will not charge a battery. We have verified this by swapping batteries from identical units.

The real issue is that we cannot get this unit replaced. It was purchased from Newegg Business and when calling the support number and entering the SNID [edited for privacy]the automated system says it's out of warranty and sends us to the 3rd party.

So then we communicate with Newegg who says Acer has verified the warranty and for us to call back. This has been going on for over 7 months! Meaning in less than 5 months the real warranty will expire though this thing has never been used.

Please help!

Thanks!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:No Warranty Support

Thanks, we tried that many times. The Newegg rep just found that by using the chat support and entering the full Serial Number it finally worked. The phone support nor chat would accept the SNID. So this was the root of the  problem.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/No-Warranty-Support/td-p/425093/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi! I have a question about the Win10 update. I bought my unit last June this year. Will it void my warranty if I download the update and update my Unit form Win8.1 to Win10?

A:Warranty Question

It will not void warranty if you download the update and update the Unit form Win8.1 to Win10. You may create the USB recovery media before making any changes on your computer. Install all the updates for windows 8.1 and wait for the windows update 10 icon to be displayed in taskbar.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Warranty-Question/td-p/381218/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.83%

I bought my laptop from united states. I have all the bills. Does my laptop cover international warranty? Is there any way to know about international warranty available in other countries? 

Relevancy 34.4%

S N nbsp edited for privacy nbsp Acer RA number G notebook won't boot NO BOOTMEDIA no dos-based DFT programs could register any harddisk Boot up on portable win run DFT SMART has been tripped overheating Evrything but the harddisk was working The reseller shipped it for repair no warranty notebook dammaged by external influence Here is what Acer says is wrong and need to be changed nbsp KH nbsp nbsp HDD mm K GBsataIII MB nbsp nbsp nbsp troubleExtensa warranty 2509 nbsp nbsp nbsp Thats allrigth since it was fille with defect sectors NK I V nbsp nbsp KEYBD K BLACK NORDIC nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NO warranty troubleExtensa 2509 WAY was working fine NB MNY MAIN BD E - W CPU UMA N nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NO WAY was working fine ML N nbsp COWER LOWER nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NO WAY was working fine nbsp all for a price almost nbsp the same as for a new one The shop that send it to Acer even wanted money for time used I refused to pay So took the notebook home and to my suprise keyboard wasnt working Boot up from portable win a lot of errors restarting and other bleep nbsp Disassembled it nbsp WOOW one cable was not proberly connected to MB the keyboard wasnt connected at all Fixed that put in a new HD its up and running fine nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:warranty troubleExtensa 2509

How do you know the "shop" really sent it to Acer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/warranty-troubleExtensa-2509/td-p/428325/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I have bought Acer E1 570 and registered the product here in the acer website. Is that enough for the warranty requirement? Any other steps to do?

A:regarding product registration for warranty

Hello, You can check it on the Acer system information page (Acer-Justin info).

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/regarding-product-registration-for-warranty/td-p/348711/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 31.82%

Brand new laptop keeps crashing. Has shown blue screen with error message DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL(rtwlane.sys) 5 times, and has compltly locked up twice ctrl+alt+delete didn't work so had to switch off via power button. Windows update failing to install despite being connected to the internet. 

A:Brand new HP X360 11-k107na Blue screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS...

Hello,Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! This is BSOD -  kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (more often) or because of hardware issue (rarely). In your case, this seems to be known issue - your network drivers are outdated and need to be updated in order to fix the issue. Option 1:Visit the HP web site for your model >> http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-11-x360-PC-series/8499314/model/8942286 , select your OS version, download , choose the Network drivers , download and update them Option 2 (recommended):If you do not have it already, please download and install HP Support Assistant from this url: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905Use to check for and apply all drivers updates Additional tips:- If you have McAfee software installed, then uninstall it and eventually run this McAfee uninstaller tool >> http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp- Use the built-in Windows Defender >> http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/  Please, provide your feedback and let me know how this goes. - For Windows updates failures, try >> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brand-new-HP-X360-11-k107na-Blue-screen-DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS/td-p/5595299
Relevancy 63.64%

I've seen this crackling sound problem around the internet. After my research for hours, here is what I got: 1. I used 'DPC Latency Checker V1.4.0'. It was found that some devices, i.e. modem, usb, wifi, are interupting the sound card making crackling noise which is really loud and noisy. 2. Changing the bit rate between 16 bit and 24 bit doesn't help. 3. Update speaker driver to 'Realtex 6.3.9600.116' and 'Intel Smart Sound Technology 8.4.1.71' won't help. 4. Turn off the Audio Enhancement in DTS studio sound doesn't help. 5. Disable WIFI driver for a while won't help. *6. I've found that the problem can be solved by disable 'Disk Data Cache' in SSD option in Intel Rapid Storage Technology.Page 4 from this link: LinkBut I can't find this disable option in version 13.6.0.1002So how can I turn this 'SSD Cache' off?Or do you have any other solution?

A:Crackling sound while playing music in HP SPECTRE X360 Ultra...

Here is what I got from DPC Latency. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-while-playing-music-in-HP-SPECTRE-X360/td-p/5039064
Relevancy 32.25%

I have 2 identical fairly new HP 360s, both running W10 64-bit. Both send video correctly to the TV over HDMI connection. Neither sends the audio, instead sending it to the laptop's internal speakers. This is an HP issue, as the HDMI cable is fine and works with all other devices. The cable and TV work properly with my Mac and Toshiba laptop and with my HP Pavilion desktop unit. Please advise as to the correct fix for this tiresome proble. Thanks,Steve Conelley

A:Envy x360 audio not passed to TV over HDMI

Hi there @Conehead1952,  Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. I understand that you are having an issue with the sound while trying to use the HDMI capability from your HP ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting: Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices  troubleshooter? The troubleshooter will help find and fixHDMIissues. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.You could try to:Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Envy-x360-audio-not-passed-to-TV-over-HDMI/td-p/5584652
Relevancy 33.97%

Like so many others on this forum, my new HP Pavilion laptop has the wrong warranty start date.The laptop was only purchased on 11th January 2015. However the start date of the warranty is 10/11/2014.Obviously I would like this corrected. Before anyone asks. Yes I can prove it. Thanks in advanceJames

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Incorrect warranty start date

Hi @Jtsnr ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,George

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Incorrect-warranty-start-date/td-p/4838709
Relevancy 33.54%

I am unable to get a definative answer from any one whether of not this new 12" (not the 13") model support an external monitor.  Specs and screenshots show only USB-C ports.  Is there another port?  Can you attach one with an adaptor via the USB-C port?  A support export said he saw an HDMI port, but I suspect he was looking at at the 13" Spectre.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:New Spectre 12 x2 Detachable

Great Question @meisenman?  With the upcoming Spectre 12 x2 PC the USB type-C ports can be used to plug in an external monitor. You will need an HP USB type-C to HDMI  or VGA adapter to allow one to be plugged in. USB Type-C Compatibility Chart for computers, adapters, docks and hubsDescription HP Spectre 12-a000 x2 Detachable PC     HP USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter  x    HP USB-C to HDMI Adapter  x    HP USB-C to VGA Adapter  x      

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Spectre-12-x2-Detachable/td-p/5304562
Relevancy 34.83%

A warranty is supposidly 12 months yet i have only had mine 1 1/2 months and is says i only have 8 months warranty left, somethings wrong there and looking at the dispute page it looks like you cant dispute it until they says its run out????

A:warranty 12 months ????

Hi Is it registered with HP? When registration occurs the warranty would be adjusted to start from the born on date (I think you press ESC and then F1 to view this). So if you could try that and then ask again if there is still a difficulty.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/warranty-12-months/td-p/5587576
Relevancy 64.93%

nbsp My Spectre is connected to the internet via WLAN The Operating System Win was updated a few days ago nbsp The Bluetooth System does not detect any Bluetooth X360 the Spectre devices by Bluetooth not HP detected devices any more It keeps searching without any detected devices There are no error messages Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360 In the devices list in the system the bluetooth speakers are not displayed The problem is permanentMy Bluetooth speakers functioned with this Spectre a few days ago These Speakers work with my Smartphone and Bluetooth connection without any problems nbsp My Samsung smartphone is near the Spectre with bluetooth enabled It was coupled with the spectre a few weeks ago and functioned but suddenly this does not function any more either The smartpjone connects to other bluetooth devices and the bluetooth speakers without any problems I tried to connect to the speakers with the Spectre after disabling the speakers in the smartphone bluetooth connection- no success I have tried deinstalling and reinsatlling the bluetooth drivers in the Spectre- but the result is the same The system says that the bluetooth is functioning and that the drivers are up to date Your help would be much appreciated With best regardsIvor Novello nbsp

A:Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360

Hi @INOV, I came across your post about Bluetooth connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please review the document below: HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)Make sure  the Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-devices-not-detected-by-the-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5592138
Relevancy 33.11%

I have un HP spectre 360 (windows 10 64bit) connected with Hp 3001PR port replicator.The port replicator is connected with monitor and ethernet.Problem: each morning when i start computer ,after about 30 minutes, the replicator disconnects.i have to " ipl " the replicator and after i haven't problem for all day.i have installed the last version driver but the problem is always the samecould you help me pleaseMauro

A:HP 3001PR disconnect with windows10 in HP spectre 360

Hello @Mauro62?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the Port Replicator, and wanted to help! To start, can  you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Do you only have the replicator connected to your notebook through the monitor?  Are you connecting it with an HDMI cable?  Are you using an external monitor?  If so, instead of connecting through the monitor, try connecting through the USB port, and see if you are having the same issue.  Please post back with the results. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Happy New Year!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-3001PR-disconnect-with-windows10-in-HP-spectre-360/td-p/5422540
Relevancy 64.5%

I applied the BIOS Update F.32 Rev A using the HP Support Assistant. After applying the update my touch screen no longer works.HP Chat assist has only come up with the option to rebuild the machine. Has anyone else had problems with this BIOS Update?Is there anything I can do?Surely HP shouldn't provide this update for this model if it breaks it? Help appreciated.Peter

A:bios update has disabled touch on HP Spectre X360

Hi @Peterjhoulihan,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to help! I understand that the Touchscreen on your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4104tu Notebook PC is not working correctly.  Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?Did you happen to try to restore the BIOS?Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager? Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen:  Open up the Device ManagerFind ?Human Interface Devices?Expand ?Human Interface Devices?Right-click on ?HD-compliant touch screen.?Click ?Enable" (if available)Restart your Notebook PC. If this happened after you had done a set of Windows Updates, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started.  To use System Restore in Windows 10: Go to the SearchType Control PanelClick Control PanelClick SystemClick System ProtectionClick System Protection TabClick System RestoreClick NextChoose "Choose a different Restore point"Click NextA box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop upChoose the eventClick NextClick FinishClick Yes to ConfirmWhen the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/bios-update-has-disabled-touch-on-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5594457
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello All nbsp Frustrated new owner of HP Pavilion x - convertible nbsp here nbsp Bought this computer about weeks ago nbsp Here are the issues I've been having nbsp nbsp Computer goes into sleep mode no matter convertible hp - GOES x360 laptop MODE... - SLEEP INTO pavilion what minutes setting I've set to both on battery and plugged in I've even set everything to never laptop would still go into sleep mode after to minutes of no-use nbsp nbsp Spent to hours with HP rep whom of which remotely accessed my laptop downloaded a bios update installed bios update nbsp After the bios update we tested the hp pavilion x360 - convertible laptop - GOES INTO SLEEP MODE... problem byleaving computer untouched for about minutes or so issue seems to be solved nbsp nbsp After step HDMI external monitor not sending signal to monitor nbsp My ext monitor can't detect a signal nbsp I actually had problems when I first tried to use an external monitor had to do several restarts and shutdowns to finally have monitor detect and signal from the laptop nbsp I know it's not the hdmi cable or monitor as I've tried inter-switching monitors and cables with my amazon fire TV nbsp And all monitors and cables were okay nbsp nbsp Nevertheless after step I fiddled around and restarted and shutdown the laptop some more times and somehow the monitor finally detected a signal and screen works again nbsp nbsp BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN LAPTOP GOES INTO THE DREADFUL SLEEPMODE after to minutes of idling nbsp This is really frustrating when you're working a a paper and doze off a lil bit to grab a drink watch tv etc having to come back wait for log in screen and enter password again is quite tedious nbsp nbsp Can an HP really get to the bottom of this as I've seen many others in this forum with issues of Sleep as well nbsp Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated with this as I've spent to on a new machine but I'm having to go through hours of troubleshooting for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-GOES-INTO-SLEEP-MODE/td-p/5596404
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi  Hoping someone can assist, I have a spectre x360 connected to a Samsung Smart TV via HDMI.  Screen is recognised OK as the laptop screen flickers when plgging in, problem is that the TV screen suddenly goes blank (black) for no apparent reason then reappears, again for no obvious reason. Tried various different cables and different HDMI ports on TV and all behave the same, this doesn't occur at all when using other laptops connected to the TV using same cables.  Doesn;t appear to be cable led either as wiggling cable and therefore port doesn't seem to affect either the black out or reappearance ? Help !  

A:Spectre x360 - Samsung HDMI

Hi there @BaffledA,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I understand that the HDMI from your HP Spectre x360 Notebook PC to your Samsung TV is not working properly.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting:  Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter first. The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues.  Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.Please also try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Update Driver Software.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Also, you could try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your Spectre x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Samsung-HDMI/td-p/5594750
Relevancy 33.97%

Was about to buy Spectre x360 13" with i7, 512 GB etc and FHD screen but HP ran out of stock and now only seem to have QHD with this spec. Am a little worried about scaling issues with QHD. Am mainly using Office 2013, Outlook, Adobe PDFs, Google Drive, Photoshop, Norton. Would these programmes have scaling issues ? Are HP restocking with FHD screens or are they now out ? The US have a Spectre x360 13t  with FHD and I can't understand why HP UK don't sell this model.  Can anyone advise ?

A:Spectre FHD

Hi, I think all high end Spectre x360 machines now have QHD or UHD therefore you have to movw down to lower specs which has only 128GB or 256GB of storage. Many machines in the US market won't be available in other countries specially CTO machines. I don't think HP Stores will restock older machines. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-FHD/td-p/5591432
Relevancy 63.64%

I have it hooked up with HDMI (brand new gold plated cable). The text especially is blurry/fuzzy and the screen doesn't take up all the space it should - about 1/2" at the top and sides, bottom is ok. The guy at View Sonic support said it was a video card issue and I would have to figure it out with HP or Intel. Can anyone help me? I have Intel HD graphics. The monitor is Viewsonic VX2270-Smh-LED. It's 21.5" 1080p frameless IPS display.

A:Trouble with Spectre x360 and Viewsonic Monitor, blurry text...

Hi @butlerll, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre Notebook and the HDMI port not working correctly. Try running the Windows updater Tool. Here is a link to help troubleshoot the HDMI Display. If the Notebook is not having an issue displaying anything on the Notebook screen, it is not a graphics card. Please get back to me how this goes. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution.  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Trouble-with-Spectre-x360-and-Viewsonic-Monitor-blurry-text/td-p/5587046
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi fellow HP users and forum moderators nbsp I am using a Spectre X purchased in Australia and currently using it in Australia nbsp My problem is that the laptop sometimes does not nbsp wake up from sleep hibernate The screen is pitch black and keyboard lighting button is functional but I tried every single button on the keybpard and pressed the trackpad Nothing happens or responds to this nbsp Is this a software issue HP software or Windows bit issue Maybe a hardware like SSD playing up My SSD is a Samsung GB one nbsp The only way to make my laptop work again is to press the on off sleep button for seconds then it would force to shutdown then I press again to boot it up nbsp This is nbsp getting annoying I am writing a report for university and suddenly after having a short break or so and opening my laptop the screen is black does not want to wake up nbsp Any solution s to this nbsp Thanks in advance

A:Spectre x360 does not wake up Black screen

Hi @HPmac1,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with black screen after sleep mode. I will be glad to help you. Please follow the step from Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-does-not-wake-up-Black-screen/td-p/5583211
Relevancy 33.54%

My taskbar is jumping most of the time and at that moment my touchscreen doesn't work.  I made a screenvideo to show it.  Video of my screen I cann't find the problem online and fix it. I already re-installed my laptop. Who can help me? Thanks! 

A:Jumpie taskbar on Spectre

Hello @Rutger_help, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having issues with the Task Bar, and wanted to assist you! I took a look at the video you provided.  Thank you for the information.  It seems that the Task Bar itself is not the issue, but the Touch Screen.  The Task Bar seems to be jumping, because the On-Screen Keyboard icon keeps popping up, and going away.  The On-Screen Keyboard is usually active while in Tablet Mode, or when using the Touch Screen.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Jumpie-taskbar-on-Spectre/td-p/5590336
Relevancy 65.79%

I've had the same problem as seen in 8 previous pages on this forum. My wife opened our 1 month old, $2000 hp spectre x360 laptop to find the screen had cracked. By the time we got the laptop to hp, the cracks had spread and some shards of glass fallen out near the origin of the crack at one hinge. Hp have deemed this as physical damage and quoted us $523 for repairs, on what without doubt was a defective screen. I can't even begin to express my anger and disappointment at both the quality of hp screens based on the 8 pages of similar issues, and the ridiculous quoted repair costs. I could buy a new laptop for less. With this level of customer service, I don't see hp maintaining their reputation of quality.

A:cracked screen on spectre x360

@trent2
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cracked-screen-on-spectre-x360/td-p/5112381
Relevancy 64.93%

I have had some intermittent display problems so I wanted to check if my driver was up to date. Device manager indicates that for my Intel HD Graphics 5500, the current version 20.19.15.4360 is "Up to Date".  When I check on the HP website for my model computer and Win 10 operating system, it indicates I should use a different version, 10.18.15.4220. The strange thing is that according to the Intel website explanation for their numbering system, the first number "20" indicates a Win 10 driver, and a "10" first number a Win8.1 driver. It would appear that HP is recommending a Win 8.1 version for my Win 10 installation. I am uncertain what to believe is the correct driver.

A:Spectre x360-13t-4000 Graphics Driver

Hi @jsinco,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have questions about the video driver . I will be glad to help you. I looked into your question. the Version 10.18.15.4240 Rev.A was released  Jul 22, 2015 The Version 20.19.15.4360 Rev.A was released 6 Jan 2016 is a path for HDMI output. If you are not useing the external monitor exther are fine.The Version 20.19.15.4360 is the most recent. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-13t-4000-Graphics-Driver/td-p/5583197
Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased my HP Spectre x360 (i7, 8GB, 256SSD, Windows 10) two days ago.It worked perfectly until midday today when the touch keyboard icon in the bottom right of the toolbar began to toggle on and off for no reason.  Simultaneously, the touch screen was unresponsive for the majority of the 13.3" display.  When the icon is not toggling, everything works fine.  This problem occurs (what seems like) at random times for random durations.I have done nothing outside normal use and checking to make sure there are no problems.My guess is it has something to do with switching from the various "360" modes and possibly the connectivity between the screen and keyboard panels.Has anyone else had similar problems?Are there any solutions already in place?

A:HP Spectre x360 Touch Screen

Hi @zswies?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4101dx and Touchpad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the Touchpad sensitivities.If you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!I hope this helps.Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Touch-Screen/td-p/5224100
Relevancy 65.79%

Oh what a wonderful day... brand new laptop...  a HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7.  Got it at Fry's as a refurbishment.  Got it home. Got it set up.  Got all kinds of display problems after not more than a few minutes of operation.  Why would I buy a refurbishment?  Don't know... I'm thinking these computers with the touch screens and rotations are not ready for prime time.  Returned it and got my money back.  Not sure about the HP brand.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Display-Problem/td-p/5588212
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently had to replace the power button board on my laptop after the original part broke. The last time my computer worked before the power button board broke, the battery was at 70% and afterwards I couldn't turn on my computer. Recently I received the replacement part and installed it into my computer. However when I try to turn on my computer it still does not work. When I plug in the adapter it does not turn on the nearby led and does not warm up at all. I tried to use only battery power however that does not work either. I have already looked through the guide (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372748 )and nothing seems to be the problem. I have yet to replace the battery or adapter because I am unsure if those are the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-x360-Not-Responsive-to-Boot-Up/td-p/5596428
Relevancy 64.5%

My HP Spectre X360 convertible is overheating with high degree of battery power loss. The system goes off oftenly.  The extreme overheating is a big concern to me. The fast going down of battery disrupt my work greatly. What should I do to get my system back on track as before?

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I just received this HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC and I am trying to set up a new copy of Windows 10. I have a flashdrive that has been set up to boot with a copy of Windows 10 that I would like to install. The problem is that when I press Escape and choose booting, I don't find the USB drive at all - the options remain the same where the flashdrive is plugged or not. Please advise. Thanks,Al

A:HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC

Hi, Please use a fresh or empty flash drive, not a bootable drive. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-15-w000-x360-Convertible-PC/td-p/5582015
Relevancy 65.79%

I have had my Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx for 6 months.  The operating system is Windows 8.1 (64-bit).  I use Microsoft Office 365.   My laptop will freeze on me at least once every day either when I am outlook and more likely when I am on IE 11.  Normally it happens when I am using Outlook 2013, iTunes (Just opened, not playing music, basically updating my contacts/calendars) and internet explorer 11 (I will have maybe 4 tabs open) and probably will have Word and Excel open also.  IE 11 will be on let's say Amazon, and a few other pages but I am streaming movies or videos or music.  I understand that is a lot of programs to have open but the laptop is i7 -5500U - CPU - 2.40GHz with 8.0GB of Ram.  I currently am using 4.69GB. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Laptop Freezes - Spectre x360

Hi @prime31?, Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the laptop freezes on Outlook and IE 11 once a day. I would like to help solve the problem.  please review the document for troubleshooting:HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8) Have you tried other Internet browser like Google Chrome? Let me know how it goes. To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it. Regards,  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Freezes-Spectre-x360/td-p/5469606
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone, as the topic subject suggests i  ' m searching for a new Keyboard for my "spectre X360 4101 Energy star " , the model of the keyboard is "806500-061 ITALIAN version" .  Unfortunately i dropped a glass of cofee on it , i managed to save all the other components except for the keyboard , that after many attempts of cleaning din't work. I ' m trying to find out where to buy the replacement , any suggestion ?

A:HP Service PN 806500-061 ITL Spectre X360

Hi @Gilgamesh9,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard. I will be glad to help you. HP continually improves and changes product parts. For complete and current information onsupported parts for your computer, go to http://partsurfer.hp.com, select your country or region, and thenfollow the on-screen instructions. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please keep me informed of how things went.If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Service-PN-806500-061-ITL-Spectre-X360/td-p/5595934
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi , i have a Hp Pavilion 13.3 " x360 13-s060sa and i want to upgrade the hard drive for an SSD , does anyone know the compatible SSD makes for this notebook. No websites seem to recognise it or have my model on their compatibility list . It must be upgradable since the one up model has an SSD and also other model numbers of the same laptop are supported. Any help and info would be really good, Thank You

A:Hp Pavilion x360 13-s060sa compatible SSD

This laptop has a standard 2.5" drive so any 2.5" SSD will work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Pavilion-x360-13-s060sa-compatible-SSD/td-p/5596089
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi there,Will opening my hybrid notebook to remove the hard drive for data recovery/back up purposes void the warranty?Are instructions available online that details how to remove the hard drive from this particular model?Thank you

A:Notebook/tablet data recovery void warranty

Gemstar6 According to the Maintenance and Service Guide for your PC, it does not have a hard drive; instead, it has an M.2 SATA drive -- and removing it involves removing the back cover and the battery. See page 31 for details: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04493876 As to the Warranty impact, I have no idea. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.======================================================================== 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-tablet-data-recovery-void-warranty/td-p/5595307
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I just received my i7 model of the HP Spectre X360 today and after a short period of use on the computer the upper left corner of the body of the computer becomes very hot, so much that resting it on part of my body becomes unbearable. I had read up on the notebook before buying it and the only mention of any issue of this sort was in a pros/cons list in one review that merely stated that "the bottom runs warm." Thus I was not expecting this level of heat while using the laptop rather casually, as the most intensive thing I was doing was streaming videos. Is this normal for what I am doing on this laptop? It's not the worst problem but it is definitely worrisome as I am planning on using this laptop for the next four years or so. Thank you all in advance!

A:Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @yiajiipamu ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,George

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5098806
Relevancy 64.5%

I purchased the HP Spectre X convertible notebook in January of this year and after the experience I have had I doubt I will ever purchase a HP notebook again I have been having overheating issues with temperatures reaching terrible overheating servi... HP customer x360 and Spectre HP - as high as degrees Farenheit around degrees Celsius nbsp HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi... I have contacted HP support several times and their standard procedure has been to update the BIOS and tinker with the notebook settings via remote access and to remind me to have the laptop on a flat service such as a table so the fan is not obstructed nbsp As this has invariably failed to fix the problem I have been directed on TWO occasions to take my notebook to a HP repair centre On the first occasion they replaced the fan and returned it to me with the statement verified working On the second occasion they replaced the motherboard and the heatsinks they indicated there was a verified failure in both instances and again returned the notebook to me last week with the statement that they had verified the notebook was now working without issues nbsp Unfortunately but to be honest not unexpectedly I still have an overheating notebook after several BIOS updates several replacements of hardware components and months into my warranty The time and expense involved in spending hours on the phone with HP support and taking the notebook to the repair centre has been ridiculous I clearly have a defective computer but HP will no doubt again keep me on the phone with their offshore call centre for hours whilst they update the BIOS and I expect I will have to visit the repair centre for a third time with no resolution i have asked for a replacement and HP simply said No we cannot do that Well what if the notebook clearlly is defective which surely must be the case if after so many software updates and two sets of hardware component replacements it is still overheating to such a degree nbsp I am extremely frustrated with HP and I'm hoping someone from HP or another user on this forum may be able to provide me with suggested next steps Otherwise I am afraid I will be left with a very expensive piece of junk

A:HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi...

Hey @julescheng, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions. Please take a moment to read HP's Privacy Policy at http//www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html .Cheers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-overheating-and-terrible-HP-customer-service/td-p/5587286
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello Just bought an HP Specture x360.  Camera keeps disconnecting.  I uninstalled hoping it would recognize unknown device and reinstall.  No luck.  Now I cannot find the right driver on the HP site. There must be a bug, but right now need my camera working for my business. Any ideas? Thanks.  They camera type is listed as HP TrueVision full HD camera as far as I can tell L

A:HP specture x360 camera -- not working; cannot find driver

Hi @Perich1?, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process. I understand that your webcam would arbitrarily disconnect.  To try and overcome this, you have uninstalled the webcam but are not unable to find a driver now. First, if you restart your notebook, Windows will look for a driver.  You can also run the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring drivers? Have you done all your Windows updates?  I would be glad to look for drivers for you, but need the precise model. Hereis a link to HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) that may help in the meantime. Hope to hear from you soon.  To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"  on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-specture-x360-camera-not-working-cannot-find-driver/td-p/5593902
Relevancy 66.22%

I have the i5 version, and I experience the same heat issues as you guys described. Also, the area right above the F1-F5 keys gets really really hot after running anything even mildly graphics intense. Even simple 2d flash games will cause the fan to throttle up and that area will become extremely hot. It has been like this since the beginning. Other than the heat issue, I honestly have no qualms with this ultrabook.

A:Re: Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @odontomon, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre X360 Notebook and issues with overheating and possible fan issues. Here is a link on what could cause overheating and how to reducing heat inside the Notebook. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others as it restores the fans default settings. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Re-Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5116759
Relevancy 33.54%

My in box deletes messages before I can read or save them.

A:HP ENVY x360 M6

Hi @threadfin410?, What email are you using (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo...)? And are you accessing it in an Internet browser? Do you access the same email account on any other devices? When the messages are deleted, can you still find them in your Deleted/Trash folder? Any additional info would be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-x360-M6/td-p/5586639
Relevancy 34.4%

how can i get  my windows 7 product key after the warranty ran out ?  

A:windows 7 product key after warranty

Night It should be on the bottom of the laptop or under your MAIN battery. If it is a desktop it should be on one of the side panels. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/windows-7-product-key-after-warranty/td-p/5583252
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two issues. The first issue is that I purchased my Sprout on January 13, 2016 and when checking the warranty online it states that it started on November 6, 2015. I have read other forums about this being a known issue and I would like this fixed immediatly.  Secondly, I have just set up and started my new Sprout today. (It took a while because we just bought this house and wanted to make sure we had the office set up before we set up the Sprout.) The speakers DO NOT work. I have done everything that I could possibly think of to make them work and still nothing. I am currently on hold with HP Customer Service and have no spoken to a rep yet. I have been on hold for 15 minutes so far. Can someone please HELP me! Thank You 

A:My warranty start date is incorrect.

Brooklynn429, welcome to the forum. Here is a answer to how to deal with the difference in the waranty start date: We have a PoP process setup for this. Proof of Purchase. We don't have access to sales systems for everything we've sold through our partners and retailers so we have to use the good old fashion Proof of Purchase system. The customer simply sends (fax I think is the current method) us the receipt and we update the warranty status. That simple. I guess it goes without saying that they need to contact support for this. You will have to contact HP Customer Support to get this accomplished. As for your sound, I suggest going into the Control Panel / Sound to see if the speakers are selected as the Default.  Sometimes in Win 10 the settings are changed for no apparent reason. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/My-warranty-start-date-is-incorrect/td-p/5520245
Relevancy 32.25%

My question is X2 HP file Sprout compatibilty Camera... RealSense Spectre with in the Subject block nbsp HP just announced a new laptop the Spectre X nbsp that's sort of a Microsoft Surface Pro competitor nbsp Something that caught my eye about the Spectre X is that it has an Intel RealSense d camera the camera being mounted on the rear of the screen Sprout file compatibilty with HP Spectre X2 RealSense Camera... looking away from the operator nbsp The laptop also has the usual front and back cameras nbsp I was mystified about why someone would put the d camera on the rear since the d applications you hear about are face recognition Windows hello gesture recognition etc nbsp There is no HP documentation on the Spectre X yet so there was no help there nbsp nbsp I did a quick investigation and discovered that Intel has two d cameras the F and the R for front and rear applications nbsp The two cameras use rather different techniques for gathering depth information nbsp F is what we have on the Sprout designed for close work nbsp The R is on the Spectre I believe and its designed for distance work nbsp nbsp My question best answered by HP or Intel at this point is whether the Spectre saves data in a file format that would be compatible with the file format of the Sprout nbsp In other words could we blend d images from both computers into one image nbsp That could be useful nbsp nbsp By the way someone has already anticipated our question about using the Sprectre camera for Windows hello nbsp You could turn the laptop around for login nbsp The answer to the question asked on an Intel forum was not now and maybe never nbsp The R is designed for fairly far distances so it probably wouldn't do close up face recognition nbsp Just think if you had a Spectre and a Sprout you would have two d cameras that don't work with hello nbsp Just a thought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Sprout-file-compatibilty-with-HP-Spectre-X2-RealSense-Camera/td-p/5297251
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I'm having problems looking up warranty information for an HP Monitor I purchased at Tigerdirect (P.S. They no longer accept returns for anything per there policy change so this will likely be the last thing I buy from them). Anyway When attempting to lookup the Serial Number and Product Number it says it isnt found...I'm not sure what is going on. Someone I know purchased an identical monitor and is having issues and needs to turn there monitor in for warranty and is having the same problems I have.

A:Monitor Warranty

I think I found it. I was about to login to the Chat Support Site and somehow it grabbed the warranty info (not sure how... Evey check has failed thus far)The product Number has a second A (My product Number on the back of my Monitor clearly does not) Here is what is on the back of my monitor: K6X12AHere is what the computer some how found: K6X12AA  (note the second A)This is very concerning. Even after using the Warranty Check tool the Product Number on the back fails. I can even upload a picture of my Product Number for proof.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Monitor-Warranty/td-p/5522486
Relevancy 33.97%

I just bought a custom HP ENVY Phoenix 850se and the HDD is a terribly slow 2tb sata which drags the performance of the PC down in a huge way.  From my old computer I removed the SSD, can I swap the two drives without voiding the warranty? The current HDD is a 2tb seagate running Windows 7 ProThe SSD is a 1tb Samsung 850EVO running Windows 7 HP Both are 64bit. If it does not void the warranty, can I have the stipulation in writing?

A:Will I void the warranty if I replace the current HDD in my ...

Greetings, No one in this forum can give you assurance in writing. You can use the SSD. I have an 810-150se and did what you are contemplating. My PC came with the option to select a 128 GB or 256 GB SSD, or a 2 TB HDD. I selected the 2 TB HHD and then added a 256 GB SSD as the OS drive after purchase with no ill effects when restoring the factory image. One caveat, you must put the PC back to factory specs if it has to be serviced by HP. Some hardware changes can make it difficult to load the factory image. HP will do this (load the factory image) before returning the PC to you after performing warranty service. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-I-void-the-warranty-if-I-replace-the-current-HDD-in-my/td-p/5585453
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,  I purchased a HP pavillion All in One Desktop in India. The Manufacturer warranty is expiring soon and I need to get extended warranty. What is the procedure for the same. Thanks 

A:How do I extend warranty for my HP Pavillion All In one desk...

Hi, Please use the following services in India:      http://www8.hp.com/in/en/support-drivers/carepack-services.html Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-extend-warranty-for-my-HP-Pavillion-All-In-one/td-p/5556385
Relevancy 34.4%

I added the battery warranty to my warranty but am not sure what it covers. Does the battery need to literally go dead or does it cover wear and tear where it starts to hold less of a charge? Thanks.

A:Is battery warranty worth it?

I was wondering the same, I believe its a one time sealed battery replacement for any reason (inop, wear & tear)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Is-battery-warranty-worth-it/td-p/3287126
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi everybody, I just bought a wonderful notebook Lenovo M30-70, I live in Italy. I would like to remove the original hard drive and replace it with a SSD, which I carefully checked the compatibility. My natural concern is: will I lose the warranty?  Thanks for your helpBest greetings Riccardo

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Notebook M30-70 - SSD and warranty

Technically opening the back of the laptop can void the warranty since there are no consumer replaceable parts (CRUs) inside your model.  Fortunately most Lenovo Service Centers understand that owners will upgrade the memory and change hard drives so they tend to over look the fact that the laptop has been previously opened.  If you use care in opening the laptop and center your activities on just replacing the hard drive I don't think you will have a problem, but keep in mind the Service Center makes that final determination.   Also keep in mind if the system ever needs to be sent in the warranty won't cover the new SSD drive.  That warranty is provided by the SSD drive's manufacturer. 

For your reference I have included a link below to your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual that explain how to remove the exisiting hardware.  Please follow any advice or pre-cautions the manual has to offer.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/m30-70_hmm_en.pdf

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Notebook-M30-70-SSD-and-warranty/td-p/2208410
Relevancy 33.54%

I just booted up my new Toshiba L70 laptop and a pop-up appeared saying register now for a free 1-year's extended warranty. I was in the middle of registering when my machine restarted accidentally. I now can't find the registration pop-up. How do claim this free extended warranty?

A:Cannot register free extended warranty for Satellite L70

I believe this is part of the Toshiba Tempro service, go to app screen by clicking start, in apps by name look for Toshiba Tempro, open it and go to warranty status and click update.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89040-Cannot-register-free-extended-warranty-for-Satellite-L70
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

I just formatted my new z830( awesome ), cancelled all the partitions an installed a clean W7 copy.
All worked perfectly fine.

But.... I forgot to create the recovery DVD so I can't go back to the factory settings.
Have this voided my warranty in any way? I hope the hardware will still be guaranteed....

Thanks in advance,

Paolo

A:Does HDD format void warranty on Satellite Z830?

>Have this voided my warranty in any way?
No. I just hope you have registered your new notebook.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66668-Does-HDD-format-void-warranty-on-Satellite-Z830
Relevancy 33.54%

I work with a laptop Toshiba Satellite Pro C850-1HD in warranty period and I would like to know whether to expand the RAM laptop warranty is maintained.

Thanks

A:Satellite Pro C850-1HD: valid warranty after RAM upgrade?

> I would like to know whether to expand the RAM laptop warranty is maintained.
RAM upgrade does NOT affect the warranty.

Here you can find nice workaround and instruction how to replace the modules on Toshiba Satellite Pro C850 series
[Satellite Pro C850 / L850 - Memory Module Replacement Procedure|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/CRU2603BZ0000R01.htm]

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75955-Satellite-Pro-C850-1HD-valid-warranty-after-RAM-upgrade
Relevancy 33.11%

Price is ?299 - If interested, let me know :). Great condition, and still in warranty, so peace of mind.

A:Selling Toshiba Tecra R840-10z on ebay - Still in warranty

Hi Redster

Thanks for participating in this forum but this community has been created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. This isn?t a market place and therefore please avoid such messages in the next time.

Greetings
Tonny

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75771-Selling-Toshiba-Tecra-R840-10z-on-ebay-Still-in-warranty
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I am not from the US, but I bought my laptop online (Microsoft Store) while visiting at the US, I want to register my product at the dell site so I can transfer the warranty to my home country, but when trying to register the product, I only have a option to feed a US address (which I don't have).What can I do?Thanks
Shahar 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682999
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I need help please.

My Dell Inspiron 13 running on Win 8.1 has a blue screen crash on startup with the message along the lines of Boot Configuration Data missing etc. I learn from this https://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/SLN287103/EN post that I need to basically recover from a separate boot cd or drive, but i procrastinated on making one while my laptop was still OK. Then I hit a snag with trying to make one via downloading according to instruction here http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130027 because apparently my warranty had expired and because of that It wouldn’t allow me to download and make a USB Key… (Really, Dell, why? Why not just give consumers a boot cd/usb key in the first place?)

What can I do?

A:Inspiron 13 Out of Warranty, Boot Configuration Data crash

Hi REYLEE,
The OEM media is available for purchase while placing the order.
Ensure the HDD is fine before you troubleshoot the OS - Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.
You would basically need the OEM media to repair the OS as stated in the first article you have posted.
If you are in the US / UK - you could order the media online - http://dell.to/12vcZ27
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682932
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi This is a rant plea for help from someone at Dell nbsp For the past months I ve been through the wringer with Dell s warranty service nbsp Short story for patience horrible service with Dell's Out warranty of those who don t want to read this entire tail of woe nbsp I ve been through LCD screens one motherboard replacement nbsp and now one entire system replacement - Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service and I still have a computer with issues because Dell keeps sending me JUNK and wrong parts - nbsp And to top it off my warranty is about to run out And now the long story My story begins almost a year ago when I purchased a new Inspiron nbsp I loved that laptop and things were great up until Feb of this year when the LCD screen developed an issue with burn-in image retention I contacted Dell tech support about this and the tech agreed that the screen needed replacing He said he d send out an on-site service tech with an LCD replacement kit and a motherboard nbsp I thought sending the motherboard was strange since the issue was clearly with the LCD screen nbsp So I asked why they d send a motherboard nbsp The tech said incase the replacement LCD doesn t fix it nbsp Strange This should have been a red flag but I just shrugged it off Jump forward a few days later and the on-site tech shows up nbsp He says he doesn t know how to replace the screen in this model laptop nbsp He said any time he s tried the clips in the bezel break nbsp He also said Dell should have sent the entire LCD assembly as there are no instructions to replace the LCD screen only nbsp He called up Dell s on-site tech support line to see if they could supply him with instructions and Dell instructed him TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD for an issue with an LCD screen nbsp He didn t know what to make of it but did what they said and replaced a PERFECTLY GOOD motherboard which OF COURSE didn t fix anything nbsp So the tech says to ask them for the entire LCD assembly nbsp So I contact Dell and ask them for the specific part number which to their credit they send nbsp But of course there are still issues with the screen Dead pixels backlight bleed and the touch screen often has a mind of its own and causes the cursor to go crazy nbsp Also at this point I m noticing the laptop runs much warmer than before there s a loud quot coil whine quot and the touchpad now randomly stops sometimes nbsp So my perfectly good motherboard was replaced with a broken one Great By this time screen number had arrived nbsp But it was the wrong part nbsp It was the k UHD screen and I had the p version nbsp I am a software developer and I use Linux and a lot of Java software which does not scale properly on Hi-DPI screens So once again I had to contact Dell and tell them I can t use a k screen After sending the wrong part Dell said they d replace the entire system with a refurbished one nbsp Great Finally an end to this I hoped nbsp But nope Dell sends me an Inspiron quot gaming laptop quot with a k screen Even after I specifically told them I am unable to use a k screen nbsp However by this time I had well and truly had enough nbsp I just wanted to be done with the entire ordeal nbsp But as I am beginning to learn there is apparently no end to it because guess what the Inspiron has a few issues of its own nbsp The screen dims flickers when certain shades of blue enter the screen lots of owners are complaining about this it s an inherent flaw of the LG quot pentle quot screen used in these There are a few youtube videos that show this if you search nbsp I could have just changed the resolution to p and lived with the flicker but nbsp It OVERHEATS LIKE CRAZY and the fan never shuts off nbsp Even when idle nbsp Tonight nbsp as I was trying to use it the thermal protection kicked in and it actually turned itself off right when I was in the middle of working nbsp UNACCEPTABLE I ve been patient and courteous throughout all this nbsp But now I ve had enough I am not going ... Read more

A:Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

Tough luck. I've also have had more hardware issues than I can count, including trackpad failures, fan issues, lights burnt out, etc... I just continuously had stuff break on my $1400 laptop for no reason. 
After months of dealing with this ***, I decided I just wanted Dell to buy the laptop back from me or give me store credit as that's really the only repayment for the amount of stress and issues this laptop has brought me. I was basically told by the highest level sales manager that I cannot return the laptop and I just have to go the Dell's support system. There is really nothing you can do except constantly call in service requests and once your warranty expires, like me, you are pretty much screwed.
That being said, I will never buy any Dell product again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682784
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I purchased an Inspiron 1543 on Oct 27, 2015 from an authorized dell store at GIP Mall Noida and since then I have been strutggling with Dell Warranty team to update the warranty status under dell festive offers. They have updated only NBD warranty date to Oct 2018 sine I have purchased two years extended warranty, but all the other warranty dates are yet to be updated and they are not even replying my emails. The worst customer service I have ever seen. I will never recommend anytone to buy a dell product. I have provided everything they reqested already. My service tag #<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>. My contact # are<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>. Can anyone help? And specially Dell should not sell it's product through cheaters like Skope computers(A dell authorized showroom, GIM Mall, Noida.) They are thieves and cheaters and not have manners.

A:Warranty issue and customer service

Hello. You have posted on the Laptop Audio discussion board. I suggest that you post on the Customer Care board. Do not include your service tag and contact numbers, because those will be removed as per forum policy. If someone from Dell replies to your post, they will ask you to send them that information via the forum's private message feature.
I hope you find success in resolving your warranty issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19678891
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello My laptop doesnt seem to be charging at all even when it is plugged in. The message that I have looked in the power icon says "Plugged in, not charging". I need help to solve this. I bought the laptop in the webstore of HP 8 months ago, so the laptop still have warranty.. By the way, the Product Number is M1W93UA#ABA. Thanks in advance,Alonso.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-x360-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5597227
Relevancy 32.68%

So the power button on my HP detached from the laptop Long story short I was boarding back home X360 to Turn Envy How HP 15-u010dx- ON?!!! and hit a rock and fell forward therefore breaking the corner of the power button and shatter the touchscreen I was still workin fine except the fact that HP Envy X360 15-u010dx- How to Turn ON?!!! the screen was shattered and the power chip was dangling out of the laptop It survived a few weeks before the power chip fell out I couldnt find the time to go to a store to see what they could do the only thing keeping it alive was the charging power but I fell asleep with the laptop on Lucky me nbsp The laptop was working perfectly I've had it for some time right now I have ALOT of important files and documents I was wondering if there was a short-cut or a way I can get my Laptop on without using the power button I just want to back-up everything i have in the laptop and make a desicion of getting a new one or fixing this one

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Envy-X360-15-u010dx-How-to-Turn-ON/td-p/5597626
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a ScanDisk ultra 128gb microsd xc1 card.  when i place it into slot it is not recognized. do i need to do something to get it be recognized

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/spectre-x2-mirc0-sim/td-p/5596864
Relevancy 64.93%

I just picked up an HP Spectre X at the microsoft store a few days ago I really like the machine save for the keyboard I am Double Missing X360 HP Spectre Keystrokes running into a consistent issue where the keyboard will miss my double keystrokes for double letters Such as in the word letter nbsp I just had to retype the word letter because it missed the double T This is a consistent problem that I can replicate with ease HP Spectre X360 Missing Double Keystrokes Note that I do average around wpm This is the first time I've ever run into a keyboard with this issue It's very frustrating nbsp LeterLetterLeterLetterLeter nbsp That was a series of uncorrected attempts at the word letter nbsp I really hope HP can perhaps address this with a bios update or something If it turns out to simply be a mechanical fault in the keyboard I'll probably just return it I'll be testing on a friends identical machine today to see if its a universal problem with the model

A:HP Spectre X360 Missing Double Keystrokes

Tested it on another Spectre X360 today, same effect. Apparently an issue with the keyboard, likely mechanically it just cant support the way I'm hitting double letters. Another word that misses almost every time is the word "I'll". I'm starting to wonder if its because I'm not coming off the key completely in between the presses... again this is not something I've ever experienced on another keyboard so I'll probably just exchange this for something else. Pretty disappointed since the rest of the machine is great, but a laptop with a bad keyboard isn't worth owning.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-X360-Missing-Double-Keystrokes/td-p/5125988
Relevancy 33.97%

I have purshased a lenovo y50 laptop on 19th March during my trip to USA then I returned Egypt back and discovered that the laptop is defected with dead area in the trackpad and a horrible display with very ugly yellow color.

I contacted Lenovo Egypt and they told me to go to service provider to get these issues fixed. The service provider said they will replace the trackpad but they see that the screen is normal and they have no solution for it.

Before I bougth it, I made sure that all waranty services can be done from Egypt but Lenovo Egypt refused to replace the laptop and the service provider refuses to fix the screen. It is really disappointing!!

[Moderator note: Edited to remove personal information]

A:Lenovo Y50 - 70 Egypt Warranty Service

How to escalate this issue to Global Lenovo support?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Egypt-Warranty-Service/td-p/2055058
Relevancy 35.26%

I just purchased my HP Beats 23-n010 April 3, 2016, and they are telling me my warranty expired April 13, 2016. What can I do? 

A:warranty

@vicki-m

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/warranty/td-p/5598409
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello. I'm plannig to buy a Spectre x360 with the 6th generation of Intel's CPU, but first I want to know if I can display 4K resolution through the HDMI. Will be using it for photo editing, thats why it is important for me to get that resolution. It will be connected to a Sony XBR-43X830C.

A:Spectre x360 Max Resolution over HDMI

Hi!, @Naveca90: Welcome, to Forum !. The HP Spectre x360 13-4101ns, of 6 generation, have, the next ports ... Ports:Headphone output and microphone input combo jack (stereo).One mini Display  Port, supporting 2560x1600 max. 3200x2000 @60Hz.resolutionSupports HP USB Boost (Sleep and Charge) on both ports.AC Smart Pin adapter plug.USB 3.0 ports (2).HDMI  v1.4b supporting: Up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Max-Resolution-over-HDMI/td-p/5598568
Relevancy 33.97%

I fan just went out and now my computer over heats every few minutes. My warranty Ends today but I wanted to make a claim to be able to get a new fan. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-warranty-expires-today-and-my-fan-just-broke/td-p/5598661
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I just bought a refurbished laptop from staples and i'm wondering, do I have a one year warranty. It says it in the page but the staples manager told me to get a 1 year warranty from them because I don't have a warranty. Take note the page says "The warranty is covered by the manufacturer for 1 year" but Staples says I don't have a warranty.
Heres The Page: www.staples.com/.../product_2095564

A:Refurbished Laptop From Staples, Warranty

Hi,
Please private message us the system service tag and snapshot of the invoice copy so that we can check and assist you.To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.      

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683106
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,I want to know the warrant policy regarding the following issues:I have a Lenovo Flex 2-14 laptop.Will my warranty be void, if:1. I upgrade my RAM to 12GB by making use of the two provided slots. 4 Gb Ram the implicit one and adding another 8 Gb Ram.2. If I dual boot my laptop with Ubuntu Os.Kindly let me know the warranty status in both the cases.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Warranty-Replacement-policy/td-p/3314808
Relevancy 32.68%

Is it able to add externel gpu in HP ENVY x360 - 15-u483cl (ENERGY STAR)????????

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,
I want to know the warrant policy regarding the following issues:
I have a Lenovo Flex 2-14 laptop.
Will my warranty be void, if:
1. I upgrade my RAM to 12GB by making use of the two provided slots. 4 Gb Ram the implicit one and adding another 8 Gb Ram.
2. If I dual boot my laptop with Ubuntu Os.
Kindly let me know the warranty status in both the cases.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Flex 2-14 - Warranty: Replacement policy

Hi wavare_ajinkya ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As a general rule, CRU (customer replaceable parts ) will not void the warranty as listed from the hardware manual . However most upgrades on this model shows that such are considered FRU (field replaceable unit) , meaning you would have to open up additional parts and might require skill and specific tools thus CRU ID is N. (item6 page 72 ).

1. Upgrading your RAM however would not void any warranty.
We had same issue discussed on this thread . 
On quotes: " Similar to this query is this case  for the Z500 replacement of optical drive which is also a CRU Id - N and this thread. 

Warranty agreement :

What this Warranty Does not Cover 
- failure or damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, natural disasters, power surges, improper maintenance, or use not in accordance with product information materials 
-damage caused by a non-authorized service provider
-failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that Lenovo may provide or integrate into the Lenovo product at your request

Warranty is not covered if during the process of modification , damage or accidents may incur both on the replaced parts and the original devices ." 

The answer would be no , upgrading  the harddrive ,RAM will not void your warranty not unless that original parts gets damage because of or during the process of upgrade. 

For best measure , you may give Lenovo Tech a call so that they would be able to note it on your account for the pc that you have plan for upgrades .

2. Changing the original operating system would not void the hardware warranty , but support for the software such as the new or original Operating System (example to restore it back/ drivers issue etc.) would be users responsibility and functionality thereof. 

Hope this answered your query .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-2-14-Warranty-Replacement-policy/td-p/3314808
Relevancy 64.5%

I have  a hp spectre x360 model 13-4005dx and its LCD digitizer is cracked.My lab top still has the warranty but the customer service told me it is not under warranty.When I search the web too many people have the same problem. does Hp has any plan to solve this issue? how I can replace the digitizer, I went trough the pdf that you uploaded but there was nothing about changing the lcd digitizer.

A:hp spectre x360 model 13-4005dx LCD digitizer replacement

Hi @Amir8, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4005dx Notebook and the cracked LCD screen.  The new Panel will come with a display panel cable, microphones, hinges, webcam, and wirelessantenna cables and transceivers if ordering from HP. Other companies should be including these parts. I can not confirm any thing other than what HP does. Here is a link to order HP Parts, if you need it. Just select your Country or Region first.  Please get back to me how this goes. If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved.   Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-spectre-x360-model-13-4005dx-LCD-digitizer-replacement/td-p/5599225
Relevancy 33.54%

I purchased a new screen because the screen cracked after 3 months. HP would take 2 weeks minimum to return my tablet and I couldn't wait as I use for business.  Found a refurbished screen through their site making this somewhat economical. There are two hinges on the bottom that attached the lcd panel to the main assembly.  Unfortunatley, screens cannot just be replaced, you have to replace the entire lcd.  Looking for instructions to unlatch the hinges and replace.  Thank you.

A:How do I install a new lcd on tablet Spectre X

Hello, Would you have  the product number or full model name of the notebook?   For the information below I'm assuming that we are working with the Spectre 13t-400 x360 notebook series. If not correct let us know.  Here is the maintence and service guide that can assist with the teardown of the notebook. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04679496  Hope this Helps!

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-install-a-new-lcd-on-tablet-Spectre-X/td-p/5273437
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I have an HP Spectre x360 i7 which is having some issues with CPU usage. Basically, even at idle with no programs open, the Desktop Window Manager process will eat up between %30-50 of the CPU in the task manager. I'm a bit worried/confused, as a computer this powerful should not be getting hot/using it's fan when checking e-mail, and this process isn't anything fancy.  Is anyone aware of some good troubleshooting moves? Known problems with the x360 i7? Known problems with the Windows 10 64-bit desktop windows manager process? Thanks in advance for your help.  Best regards,David 

A:HP Spectre x360 i7 having CPU usage issues

Hi @virtriumphalis, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process. I grasp that you are experiencing a high CPU usage and the notebook is overheating.  Here are two links that should help you with overcoming this difficulty.  HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating and  HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10).  Here are another two that may also help. They are not supported by HP but you may find them informative.  Any ads or third party software are also not endorsed by HP and you would use this information at your own risk. View CPU utilization and other performance information (from windows.microsoft.com) and Windows 10 -- high CPU usage is a real issue (from tenforums.com).Please keep me apprised of your progress. Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-i7-having-CPU-usage-issues/td-p/5599207
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I am wondering what a normal response time for a replacement hard drive under warranty might be I had a client who's hard drive was diagnosed as faulty with the assistance of a Lenovo technicial on-line He told me the supply of a new hard drive would be between and days I just received an email yesterday telling me it would be shipped on May which is days from the time I called and had the on-line technician diagnose it was faulty But that is not all that is solution slow Very Warranty only to supply the hard drive then an installer will contact my client to arrange the installation Who knows how long that is going to take It is likely to be more than Three Weeks for this issue to be solved This is an unacceptable delay Lenovo Very slow Warranty solution - is that normal for your company nbsp I am in Australia the machine Very slow Warranty solution concerned has a serial number of PC C and the support reference is nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Very-slow-Warranty-solution/td-p/3315455
Relevancy 31.82%

I got this Hp ENVY, Model 15-u110dx laptop recently. When I try to use the  Laptop in TENT mode, screen is not rotating. I dont use this option much. It was working before normally. But suddenly, I dont see the screen to rotate when I try to use laptop in TENT or Tablet mode. I searched the formum for such similar issue and I dont see anyone has reported that earrlier. Please adivce. 

A:HP Envy X360 - Screen not rotating in Tent mode

Hi @Jeevanand? ,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Envy X360  and the option not working in Tent mode. This function will be disabled in Tent mode. Only in Tablet mode. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-X360-Screen-not-rotating-in-Tent-mode/td-p/5182400
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a brand new X360 that suddenly doesn't want to switch to tablet mode when flipped around.  I have the setting checked to ask me before switching, but the prompt never comes up.  What am I doing wrong?

A:Spectre X360 not switching to tablet mode

Let me also add that I just restored this laptop to factory from the restore partition, and it STILL won't go into tablet mode when flipped fresh out of the box.  I also can't get the screen to rotate.  This can't be a software issue, it worked when I first purchaesed it!!!  What do I do???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-X360-not-switching-to-tablet-mode/td-p/5243344
Relevancy 31.82%

I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 on a client's Pavilion x360 2-in-1 (model 11-n010dx), and Windows won't automatically switch to/from Tablet Mode  the way it's supposed to (tent or tablet = Tablet Mode, laptop = normal mode). I took care to install all the available hardware drivers & utilities from the HP support site, especially those that seemed related to slate mode detection (GPIO, Virtual Buttons, HP System Event Utility, etc.).  I have no missing drivers or "Unknown devices" in Device Manager. Any suggestions are much appreciated.  

A:Pavilion x360: no Tablet Mode auto-switching in Windows 10

Hi @johnnyzero2a?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x360 11-n010dx and no Tablet Mode auto-switching in Windows 10. Here is a link that shows how to enable the screen function for the Notebook.  If you click on the Windows key and type Rotation lock does it show you that it is locked and can you unlock it?Please let me know how this goes.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-x360-no-Tablet-Mode-auto-switching-in-Windows-10/td-p/5262489
Relevancy 32.25%

I am the unhappy owner of a Pavilion x360, prod. no. M9G20EA#UUW. Major issues:About half the times the screen is upside down when I open the PC. Sometimes closing and reopening turns the screen around. Sometimes a restart is needed.The hardware keyboard and touchpad randomly gets de-activated. A complete restart is needed for reactivation.The machine has been in for service. The service company claims that the were no hardware errors, and reverted the OS back to windows 8 - which did not solve the issues. I see in this forum that many has similar problems with this model. I have tried all the suggestions I could find here. Onfortunately it hasn't helped. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Pavilion x360 keyboard and screen issues

Just to follow up on this: HP transferred my "case" to the danish support, which contacted me by phone and was actually quite keen on helping me.I was send some drivers for display, chipset and touchpad, with instructions for installing them in a specific sequence.Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.I was then away for other business for a while, and when I came back to use the machine again, there was a display driver update from the HP Support Assistant app. Unfortunately the autoinstallation failed, but I managed to find the same driver on HP's product web-page and download and install it manually from there. I also found a newer version of the chipset driver, which I also installed.Installation of these drivers required a great deal of tinkering, including using a third part utility (supplied by HP) to completely remove the old display driver, several reboots into safe mode, etc.At the time of writing this I have experienced no keyboard issue for some time - hoping that it is gone completely. The issue with the screen being upside down is still there, but to a much lesser degree. Furthermore, the orientation sensor seems more sensitive, so that just jerking the screen back and forth a bit wil make it rotate into correct position.If this will continue to be the situation, I can live with it.But still: all this work to make a product work (almost) as advertised should not be necessary. It should work out of the box or at least with a quick, automated driver update.When I saw a large add at the airport the other day, promising that HP will "keep reinventing", I couldn't help wishing they would take a break, to secure that what they have already invented actually works as planned ;-) 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-x360-keyboard-and-screen-issues/td-p/5577917
Relevancy 33.54%

So just now i checked the motherboard revision and the graphics chip on it . Dell has replaced my motherboard with a older refurbished version even though their own bios update caused the damage to my motherboard.
It has a ATI 1 GB 5470 HD instead of the one that i was having before the replacement (ATI 550v 1GB)
which is better than 5470HD
Does dell always cheat like this if people are ignorant ..wow!
(system config :inspiron 14r )

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19685430