Windows Support Forum

Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7

Q: Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7

Hello so I've pulled all my hair out already trying to install Windows on my Acer E - laptop in UEFI mode The laptop came with Windows preinstalled and I've used that for quite a while before deciding to wipe it and clean install Windows The laptop does not have a CD DVD drive thus I can only boot installation media from an USB drive The original installation was in UEFI mode and in order to switch it to Legacy BIOS so I could install my 7 Windows Acer E1-510 - UEFI Installing Windows I had to download an update for Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7 the BIOS which made such a switch available It installed and ran fine for some time Afterwards I decided to switch over to mainly using Ubuntu So I wiped the drive saving only crucial data like photos and such to a backup USB drive I have installed Ubuntu in UEFI mode with GRUB as my bootloader I swapped back to UEFI mode and disabled Secure Boot Since some of my applications which I use are unavailable for Linux I want to keep a Windows x installation on a small partition in a dual-boot environment so I can reach for it if I feel the need for some of my applications So borrowed a friend's PC to clone my Windows DVD to my USB drive in GPT format so I can boot from UEFI At first it was immediately giving a winload efi missing error the Setup couldn't boot but when I re-imaged it to my USB drive it Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7 started to work It shows up a progress bar saying quot Windows is loading files quot and then reaches the animated logo As soon as the animated logo starts the screen freezes and I get a red bar on top of my screen along with my Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7 fans starting to spin full-speed I've tried booting the same USB on my friend's PC and it gets to the entire installation without any issues I've reached the point where I actually choose which partition to So basically - install to A quick Google Search about the red bar yielded me that Windows doesn't support GOP which from what I've read is the functionality to display an OEM logo while the Windows is booting In Windows I'd get an Acer logo with the white dots spinning around below it suggesting Windows is starting up I've also read that to bypass that I need to enable CSM in my BIOS however I could not find such an entry anywhere in the setup utility Is there something I am missing I'd really prefer using Windows to or because of the whole Metro layout I also don't really want to wipe everything and recreate in Legacy mode I'll consider it as a last resort option Thanks for all the help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396461-acer-e1-510-uefi-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.64%

Original drive went bad. No backups or restore available
Originally an windows 8 machine and went to 10.

Trying to install windows 7 pro 64 bit via DVD so I can get back to 10
1. In UEFI mode it will not get past the windows logo
2. in legacy mode I can get to the disk format and selection and then it starts but never gets past 0% install!

Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396829-install-hangs-up-acer-windows-8-uefi-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hi i recently purchased a Acer TimelineU M - T laptop it has GB SSD and GB HDD and UEFI MB also supports legacy BIOS it came with Windows- pre-installed and had a 8 TimelineU UEFI| M5-581T| Windows Acer x64 install error single drive C i had a sequence of events which i described in sevenforum which is Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 8 x64 install error related to Windows installtion Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 8 x64 install error can be found in below link Acer TimelineU M - T UEFI Windows install hangs at Logo - Windows Help Forums now i am unable to install Windows x on it i could able to try with UEFI Secureboot enabled which is allowed to take Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 8 x64 install error Windows USB bootable disk created by Rufus with UEFI GPT selection i a getting error during HDD partition it says quot we couldn't create a new partition error x quot and if i leave the disk just un-partitioned and click next to continue with installation then it says quot unable to format a partition on disk the error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation error code x quot anyone pls advise a workable solution will be much help thanks

A:Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 8 x64 install error

Boot the ACER Recovery USB drive & do a RESET.

You can use Reset to recovery to factory setting.
How to do a Reset
Reset Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/31047-acer-timelineu-m5-581t-uefi-windows-8-x64-install-error.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, is it possible to install Windows 8.1 as Legacy with MBR? Or only as UEFI with GPT? I'm kind of confused with all this UEFI business, I always used MBR in my Windows installations. Also, Truecrypt does not support UEFI, so if installing Win8.1 I should do it as legacy.
Also, how can I control during the install process if I want to set my system installation as UEFI or Legacy?
Thanks

A:Installing Windows 8.1 as non-UEFI

Yes, it installs fine with MBR on non GPT motherboards, and with UEFI - you need a motherboard that is UEFI 2.0 compliant - you may need to check your manufacturers documentation how to access the boot options.
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/35755-installing-windows-8-1-non-uefi.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire G- G MNKS notebook with preinstalled OEM win home premium Specs as Without Installing 8 Windows UEFI following Core i M Processor GHz MB L Cache GB DDR RAM GB HDD quot HD LED DisplayDVD RW GB VGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GT M WIFI Bluetooth Card Reader Web Cam I'm wishing to update my system into Windows Pro or Enterprises But unfortunately my model isn't appears in Acer's Windows Eligible Installing Windows 8 Without UEFI Models list or Affected Models List I think my system has more than enough performance to run Windows But my bios don't have UEFI support So i just wanna know will my computer be able to run Windows without any troubles without that secure boot option i quot v run Windows Upgrade Assistant Tool in my system and it says everything is okay except Secure Boot option also I'v checked individual hardware vendor sites for the latest drivers for windows Most products has the drivers And the current drivers also compatible with Windows according to the upgrade assistant What should i do so Will the win upgrade useless in my system or it will be better than the current win Please explain me about Installing Windows 8 Without UEFI this in details Thanks in advance before

A:Installing Windows 8 Without UEFI

You could just install windows 8 from the disc, you really don't need UEFI.

From what I understand you really don't want that secure boot cack, it's in unreasonable overly paranoid security feature.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/30042-installing-windows-8-without-uefi.html
Relevancy 62.78%

We have recently purchased a ZBook G for Windows Installing UEFI 7 one of our customers and it is required to have McAfee Drive Encryption loaded for security With Windows in Legacy mode McAfee will install and encrypt the drive but Installing Windows 7 UEFI when adding another drive to the laptop it does not see the new drive When this was taken to McAfee for support they say that the only support for the M NVME drives is to have the operating system installed UEFI We have a corporate version of Windows that I have integrated all of the drivers including the NVME driver I have then tried to create a UEFI boot manually per instructions I have found on sevenforums com which is not working I have also tried creating Rufus which neither is working that I have used in the past and it worked with no issues I am at a total loss on how to proceed as I believe that during boot it is not loading the USB drivers and cannot continue to boot with the USB The machine does not have a DVD Drive so I cannot burn a disk to try and boot I have incorporated the and chipset drivers in the PE portion of the disk and also the setup portion

A:Installing Windows 7 UEFI

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome! Your problem seems related to you being unable to boot Windows 7 installation from USB. It is not the drivers that you embedded, it seems to be the ISO or the way it was written to the USB. Microsoft offers official solutions which you may want to try: >> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tooland>> https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/05/31/installing-windows-7-on-uefi-based-computer/ If it still does not work and you are willing to try with DVD media, you can always purchase external USB DVD device similar to this one >> http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-usb-external-dvdrw-drive-p-f6v97aa-abl--1  (HP is an example, if you want you can check for other vendors, too).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Installing-Windows-7-UEFI/td-p/5712781
Relevancy 62.35%

hi i am having a peculiar problem M5-581T| UEFI| Acer at 7 Windows TimelineU Logo install hangs with my newly purchased Acer TimelineU M - T laptop it has Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 7 install hangs at Logo GB SSD and GB HDD and UEFI MB also supports legacy BIOS it came with Windows- pre-installed and had a single drive C i needed to partition it and had created drive D with windows disk management tool by shrinking drive C and then creating drive D with available space problem started to happen after that when i restarted laptop it was failing to boot on Windows- and was going to repair option - eventually that was too failing Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 7 install hangs at Logo but i think i didn't try all the options under repair i also don't have Acer recovery or restore disks with me last i got that i should have created the disks before since repair didn't work i tried to fresh install windows- from bootable USB containing windows- x installation with UEFI option and secureboot enabled it didn't go through it recognizes USB bootable Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 7 install hangs at Logo disk but unable to boot for security reason may be because of secure-boot was enabled then i tried with disable secureboot it did go through this time at least till starting installation and then hangs when windows logo appeared before windows custom selection screen disk selection waited for hours nothing happened except the the windows logo tried several times same thing FYI the USB bootable flash media was created using Rufus with UEFI mode option selected then option left with legacy bios tried with legacy bios secureboot option was ghosted anyway disabled from previous try installation was started got the selection scree saw three disks GB SSD GB HDD and GB usb flash disk was showing windows can't install on SSD space is less - fine i understood created a GB partition on HDD when formatting was showing unable to format some x error got stuck again searched the forum some solution says to open command prompt and use diskpart command to clean HDD fully when trying to clean HDD with diskpart command it showed all the disks by quot list disk quot when tried clean disk after selecting disk it failed to do that then when gave list disk again it showed only the SSD and USB flash disk but not the HDD i had to exist from the command and restart laptop got the HDD in disks list but same problem continued to happen was not able to clean or format disk i followd some of the posts here in sevenforum and eightforum tried to do what was advised but didn't work i don't think its a problem with the HDD because t was working fine with windows- before thats why didn't try with any disk-checking or repair utility it may be with some security feature related to UEFI or may be with this type of new generation laptops i will give a try with windows- -bit but i think the result will be same if anyone can advise how can i successfully install windows- or even windows- will be much help for me

A:Acer TimelineU M5-581T| UEFI| Windows 7 install hangs at Logo

The 20GB SSD and 500GB HDD and UEFI MB are in Raid for Windows 8 Intel IRST acceleration cache.

1) I would Reset UEFI/BIOS firmware back to default.
2) Use the Acer USB Recovery Drive to repair Windows 8.

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8

You can use the ACER version of
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8

Warning
Deleting the Recovery Partition is NOT RECOMMENDED

Acer video:
Windows 8 - Create a Factory Default Backup - Acer Recovery Management - YouTube
Windows 8 - Create a Drivers and Applications Backup - Acer Recovery Management - YouTube
Windows 8 - Restore Windows With a USB Recovery Drive - YouTube

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can order the Microsoft official OEM Recovery disks from the OEM manufacturer's website.

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer
or
Acer | Recovery Media
Check in Accessories
or check the main web site.
Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/303986-acer-timelineu-m5-581t-uefi-windows-7-install-hangs-logo.html
Relevancy 61.92%

UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
This was the tutorial I was following and while copying the files, I got BSoD code 0x0000001E.
This also happens in other versions of Windows.

Please help as I cannot post that list of application in the BSoD instruction page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/401773-bsod-while-installing-windows-7-uefi.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu to

asrock H77 Pro4-M mobo

intel core i5 3550

the problem is I can't install windows 7 which I'm guessing is because of the UEFI but I can't be sure as this is my first time upgrading except for the storage more HDDs
I went into the UEFI menu and bothe the mobo and cpu were registered.
I have 3 HDDs.
one of them has a win 7 installation from before the upgrade.
when I Put the installation disk in it always tries to boot for the hdd where win 7 is installed
I Disabled all 3 HDDs in the UEFI menu and turned the dvd dive into boot option 1

now when it boots it says restart and use the proper boot order

A:installing windows 7 in new UEFI motherboard

In the UEFI, enable the HD on which you want to install the OS; also make sure the DVD drive is the first boot option. (I'm not sure whether you tried this or not.)

Put the installation disk in the DVD drive... then boot the computer. It should boot from the disk or at least give you a message to press a key to boot from the disk. Then you'll be able to proceed with the installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/239905-installing-windows-7-new-uefi-motherboard.html
Relevancy 61.92%

So I on Computer UEFI Installing Windows a 8 7 Win recently purchased a Lenovo y along with a new hard drive to replace the rather slow rpm stock drive it came with the new drive is a rpm Seagate if that is relevant I wasn't a big fan of the time Installing Win 7 UEFI on a Windows 8 Computer I spent playing around with windows so I figured when I got the new drive I'd just put Windows on there along with Ubuntu I can get Win to install fine in legacy mode but I can't get it to work when installing in UEFI Specifically my install hangs at the quot Starting Windows quot screen Here were the steps I went through to try and get it working on UEFI mode I enabled only UEFI mode I disabled secure boot I used the guide here UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows to make a UEFI bootable USB drive I used an iso for Win w SP and it installed fine while in legacy mode When booting from the USB I go through a couple screens of quot windows is loading files quot When I get to the quot Starting Windows quot splash screen it freezes up This has happened several times I allowed it to set there for a few hours as well just to make sure it wasn't trying to load up anything in the background I've tried a bunch of different tests changing SATA from ASCI to compatibility swapping out ram disabling the wireless optical drive etc but I still freeze on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot I was able to install Ubuntu just fine with UEFI enabled it's just windows that is causing the problems This freezing on the windows splash screen seems to be a very common problem for installing UEFI from the quick searches I did but no one on the web has posted a solution other than quot Just use legacy mode quot As an aside just how exactly are you supposed to reinstall windows to a new hard drive I could not burn recovery discs of any kind for windows and the laptop didn't come with any The only non-torrented iso files for win require a product key which is of course hidden in the bios and not accessible OneKey recovery from Lenovo won't allow you to create backup discs either and the image that it makes of the recovery partition to potentially put on a usb This option also was not available to me was nearly gb which wont fit on any of the usb thumb drives I have In the off chance that I actually wanted to try windows how exactly do I get myself an install disc Lenovo can potentially provide them but they aren't cheap and it seems ridiculous to pay for something that should have come with the computer in the first place

A:Installing Win 7 UEFI on a Windows 8 Computer

Hi Mrhayden

Take a look here UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with this might help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/280619-installing-win-7-uefi-windows-8-computer.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everyone I bought a new custom built gaming PC an Windows UEFI USB Error with installing on 7 I've been trying to install Windows for hours I've been trying to install Windows via a GB USB drive I didn't buy an optical drive Here's what I've tried Make a bootable USB drive following this USB Windows Installation Key Drive - Create When I tried with Rufus my installation froze on the quot starting windows quot part right after Error on installing Windows 7 with UEFI USB the quot loading files quot part ended When I tried the Microsoft tool way I got this error right after the quot loading files quot part http i photobucket com albums pssijkc z jpg Then I tried to make a UEFI Bootable USB following this guide UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows Then again right after the quot loading files quot part I got the same error only slightly different http i photobucket com albums psdvx cep jpg I have no idea what's going on I'd appreciate some help Also these are my specs Motherboard GIGABYTE H -GAMING CPU INTEL CORE i - GHz quad core RAM KINGSTON x GB DDR HDD SEAGATE GB MB SATA III Barracuda SSD SAMSUNG GB quot Solid State Drive Evo SSD Video Card ASUS GEFORCE GTX GB video memory

A:Error on installing Windows 7 with UEFI USB

If you have a UEFI BIOS then make sure you've disabled Secure Boot, enabled UEFI Boot and try first with CSM or LEgacy BIOS or Boot disabled.

Make sure you've written the USB installation media correctly using Option One from UEFI Flash stick tutorial, in particular that the settings don't jump around when you add the ISO. Is the flash stick big enough for any updated Win7 media that contains all the latest updates?

Then boot the installation media as a UEFI device, which if it's set in BIOS and created correctly will be shown as an option for the flash stick. Follow UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums .

If problems persist report back all settings in BIOS related to UEFI, CSM, EFI, BIOS boot order, Secure Boot. Pictures will be very helpful, attach them using paper clip in reply box only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/369177-error-installing-windows-7-uefi-usb.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm preparing to install Windows on my new PC The motherboard is the Gigabyte Z 10 Windows before Quick question about UEFI installing x Gaming I have a quick question about a UEFI setting before I begin Under quot storage boot option control quot in the UEFI I have these options Quick question about UEFI before installing Windows 10 - Legacy only default - UEFI Only - Disabled I was told in the forums to make sure I install Windows in UEFI mode Gigabyte told me this board only supports UEFI - there's no legacy BIOS Maybe I'm a bit confused What is the quot storage boot option control quot for Should I leave that on quot Legacy only quot or should I set it to quot UEFI Only quot for Windows Also under CSM support Enables or disables UEFI CSM Compatibility Support Module to support a legacy PC boot process - Enabled - enables UEFI CSM default - Disabled - disables UEFI CSM and supports UEFI BIOS boot process only Which one should I select I already have quot Windows quot selected under quot Windows quot features I'm using a TB mechanical drive no SSD

A:Quick question about UEFI before installing Windows 10

Hi,

That MB supports both UEFI and BIOS mode . Hence CSM (Compatible System Mode or something along those lines)

For installing W10 with UEFI only disable CSM.
How you set boot control will depend on the media you are going to use for installation. Normally W10 installation media supports both legacy and UEFI modes.
You could try setting it to UEFI only and if it boots you're good to go.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54217-quick-question-about-uefi-before-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have been procrastinating for the longest time, but I really need to get around to formatting the hard drive of my Asus laptop and installing a copy of Windows 7 on it, as Windows 8 has done nothing but irritate me since I acquired this laptop. Now I am not stranger to formatting drive c and installing Windows, but this will be the first UEFI computer I have to do it on. UEFI is a really screwy way of handling BIOS and I am not certain if this is going to cause me any problems when I attempt to replace the OS, so I would like a heads up on potential problems that might crop up before I attempt to format the hard drive.

Does anybody here have experiencing formatting and installing a new OS on the UEFI computer? Is there any advice you can provide or hazards you can point out before I get started?

Thanks for the help.

A:Formatting and installing Windows on a UEFI laptop

The issue will be to control the BIOS - - that's where the UEFI boot is enforced.
My reading suggests, that there is no option to disable UEFI if it is active (otherwise, there's no point to UEFI at all).

*IF* your bios can disable the UEFI option, then you will be

'home free' to reformat (even at the lower level rewrite of every sector to wipe the BOOT sector)
install per your own background/experience

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatting-and-installing-windows-on-a-uefi-laptop.209212/
Relevancy 61.06%

It's embarrassing to say how many hours Ulimate Need 7 64 while Windows understanding UEFI help installing I have invested in fighting the UEFI on my MB Anyway I need some help understanding how and why you Need help understanding UEFI while installing Windows 7 64 Ulimate should choose UEFI when installing Windows Windows in this particular case Need help understanding UEFI while installing Windows 7 64 Ulimate I'll try to start by explaining some of the issues and some of the parts of UEFI I don't understand let's begin with my boot options that has had me pulling my hair out Asus bios boot options look something like this DVD drive SSD HDD UEFI DVD drive this particular option has caused me some major headache and I don't understand its use If I try to install windows using the UEFI drive it will disable my mouse at the Windows install screen Windows boot device Can't remember the exact label on that but it is usually tied to my SSD booting ability The way I finally got my install to go smooth was to only have the first boot options available Disabling and Also in my bios I can choose between Windows UEFI or Other OS Right now I'm using the windows UEFI choice although I'm doubting I'm fully utilizing UEFI since I did not install my copy of with with UEFI DVD drive I guess what I really want to know is how to use UEFI What is it Why should I use it and last but not least what is that UEFI DVD drive why is this a necessary boot option

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394369-need-help-understanding-uefi-while-installing-windows-7-64-ulimate.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I'm trying to install windows 8.1 to an external hard disk (solid state drive 128 gb usb3).
I've tried easyUFEY WinToUS creator and AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard(Windows to go) with no luck.
My bios has UEFI option only(no legacy). On my old laptop it works just fine(I had the legacy option) but now, I cannot do that anymore.
I'm pretty sure it's a bios boot issue and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried using GPT partition instead MBR, Still nothing.
Can anyone please help me out???

Thanks a lot

Ps: the laptop is a sony vaio duo 13 and I have no legacy option in bios

A:Installing windows 8/8.1 on an external hdd UEFI bios only

Clone it with Macrium Reflect

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50476-installing-windows-8-8-1-external-hdd-uefi-bios-only.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Dear All,I am facing issue after i tried installing aniversay windows 10 update , after boot i see back screen ..hence i decided to reinstall OS but when i insert DVD in drive it does not get detected by BIOS.Please advise how do i properly install Windows 10 in Thinkpad t530

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/installing-Windows-10-on-T530-having-UEFI-BIOS/td-p/3441835
Relevancy 61.06%

It's embarrassing to say how many hours I have invested in fighting the UEFI on my MB Anyway I need some help understanding how and why you should choose UEFI while Need understanding Ultimate Windows UEFI 64 installing help 7 when installing Windows Windows in this particular case I'll try to start by explaining some of the Need help understanding UEFI while installing Windows 7 64 Ultimate issues and some of the parts of UEFI I don't understand let's begin with my boot options that has had me pulling my hair out Asus bios boot options look something like this DVD drive SSD HDD UEFI DVD drive this particular option has caused me some major headache and I don't understand its use If I try to install windows using the UEFI drive it will disable my mouse at the Windows install screen Windows boot device Can't remember the exact label on that but it is usually tied to my SSD Need help understanding UEFI while installing Windows 7 64 Ultimate booting ability The way I finally got my install to go smooth was to only have the first boot options available Disabling and Also in my bios I can choose between Windows UEFI or Other OS Right now I'm using the windows UEFI choice although I'm doubting I'm fully utilizing UEFI since I did not install my copy of with with UEFI DVD drive I guess what I really want to know is how to use UEFI What is it Why should I use it and last but not least what is that UEFI DVD drive why is this a necessary boot option

A:Need help understanding UEFI while installing Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Pretty much can be summed up as welcome to Skylake and the Z170 world where win-7 is a pain to install

I've heard from a birdie using a dvd install isn't too bad
But mostly win-7 uses AHCI mode and Skylake uses XHCI mode.
I'm sure your board has a SP/2 connection for a mouse or keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/394369-need-help-understanding-uefi-while-installing-windows-7-64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I just installed Windows and it works but the installation was very difficult I'm hoping someone can help me understand what happened so that future installations go more smoothly I was running Windows on a custom desktop PC with an Intel motherboard years old I downloaded Windows and burned the installation W DVD I rebooted to the installation Explain? Windows Issues 8.1 Someone - Can UEFI Installing DVD My PC has hard drives are blank the other partially occupied by a W installation I installed W onto the remaining space on the third drive The installation seemed to work W booted from the hard drive after rebooting from the DVD However UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? after I removed the DVD and rebooted the PC it booted to W no choices no bootloader etc If I reinserted the installation DVD and booted the DVD it would boot W from the hard drive Weird Question why would W UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? boot when the W installation DVD is not inserted where W would boot from the hard drive after booting from the DVD Next I found no solution W would not let me burn a recovery DVD The installation DVD presented no options for recovery repair etc upon boot it would just boot W from the hard drive So thinking that MBR was clearly set to boot W I decided to wipe the drive by installing Linux I then inserted the W installation DVD hoping to install W over Linux but got the message quot A resource is missing quot I spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft no solution Later I happen to notice the quot UEFI Mode quot setting in the BIOS activated it and then everything went fine the installation DVD booted happily and installed W onto the drive W now boots normally without the DVD All is well Question why did setting quot UEFI Mode quot in my BIOS make everything work My somewhat uneducated guess when the installation DVD is booted it looks for EFI partitions If it finds one it will at least in some scenarios boot from it even if the BIOS is not in UEFI mode That's why W booted from the hard drive after booting from the installation DVD Without the DVD if you boot in non-UEFI mode it boots from the MBR which still had my W setup The W installation did not reconfigure the MBR for some reason why not That's why it booted W in before I enabled UEFI mode In UEFI mode the installation DVD configures the EFI partition and the BIOS properly and the disk must always booted in UEFI mode If all this is correct I guess my final somewhat rhetorical questions are why doesn't the Windows installation program inform the user about UEFI settings and why didn't tech support say anything about UEFI Thanks in advance for helping me understand this

A:UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain?

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/41720-uefi-issues-installing-windows-8-1-can-someone-explain.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey everyone,

Have any of you successfully installed Windows 8 with UEFI on a RevoDrive X2 (PCI-E express card)?

Any suggestions?
It starts the installation just fine for the RevoDrive X2 after loading it's drivers, but on first restart it...:

No boot drive found.Manually select to boot from the RevoDrive from the boot menu (F11), and it just restarts the installation again from scratch.

It installs and runs just fine with legacy BIOS (MBR) for the RevoDrive X2.

It also installs and runs just fine with UEFI on an internal SATA2 HDD.
Things I've done:

Bootable Windows 8 USB formatted as FAT32 w/EFI folder in itEnabled wake on PCI-E/PCM in UEFIBooting from USB from boot menu (F11) and not set to always boot from USB.

A:Installing Windows 8 on UEFI to RevoDrive X2 issue

Sound like a test, I done with old P4 with no Sata ports with Windows 8 DP.
Used a Raid card for Sata,load drivers in setup, started install, at first reboot, went to a reboot loop.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14850-installing-windows-8-uefi-revodrive-x2-issue.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I own a Samsung R notebook with JA bios version which has the Blue Windows mode UEFI when in 8 installing screen UEFI Boot setting The laptop comes with Windows which I upgraded to Windows but it was installed in BIOS mode and I wanted to switch to UEFI I tried to follow the instructions on the following website Converting Windows BIOS installation to Blue screen when installing Windows 8 in UEFI mode UEFI - TechNet Articles - United States English - TechNet Wiki Unfortunately after I followed all the steps Windows didn't boot anymore and it reacted like nothing was installed Because of this I wanted to do a clean install After I booted in UEFI mode from the DVD the Windows logo appeared and before the very first menu appeared where I select the language time zone etc I got a blue screen that disappeared too fast I tried to record with my video camera and to play it and found out the error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED I discovered that if I'm trying to start the installation in BIOS mode I don't get the blue screen I tried to start the setup program in bios mode and to partition the hard drive by creating one single partition as big as the HDD is then I cancelled the installation started the diskpart utility from the command prompt and executed the quot clean all quot command on the partition After all of this I was finally able to boot the DVD in UEFI I partitioned the HDD how I wanted and when I started the installation I got another blue screen that I needed to record with the same code as above KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Also I found out that I'm getting blue screens also when I'm trying to click on quot Repair your computer quot this time with code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Also sometimes when I'm trying to begin the installation the partition program shows quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in computer's BIOS menu quot Also if I'm trying to partition the hard drive normally and I get a blue screen at the beginning of the installation and I'm starting the installation again without creating again the partitions the partition where I tried to install Windows shows that it was formatted in a version of NTFS that isn't supported In the end I want to mention that the problem isn't the DVD because on my desktop PC it works flawlessly while installing in UEFI as well as the repair option Also in the BIOS of the laptop I have the SATA mode set to AHCI even though it also doesn't work in IDE not that I planned to install it in IDE I also tried to load Intel RST and Intel Chipset drivers during the installation from the partition manager but it also didn't help and I got the same bsod I also tried to contact Microsoft about it and the guy advised me to try a full format which I tried already by using the clean all command or to try to contact Samsung and I doubt it will help since the laptop is not certified for Windows I would try to give you more information about it but I doubt that's possible when I don't even have Windows installed

A:Blue screen when installing Windows 8 in UEFI mode

The article that you refer to seems to be an excellent piece of work - yet it still didn't work for you.

Are you able to reinstall Win7 in UEFI mode? Are you able to wipe/initialize the entire hard drive and then install Win7?
Are you able to install anything after turning Secure Boot off?
I also have seen discussion about the CSM setting needing to be disabled. Here's a link to the UEFI how-to at the Intel site: Microsoft Windows 8? - Enabling Secure Boot

I noted 2 things at the Intel link:
- Intel states that you cannot convert a BIOS install to a UEFI install - as such I have to wonder if the attempt made some changes to your hard drive/partitions that are now preventing the installation (that's why I suggested trying a wipe of the HDD).
- you don't mention having a efi file for your Windows installation (but it's required to install Win8). I have no idea if this is included on the installation DVD or not.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/21599-blue-screen-when-installing-windows-8-uefi-mode.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an ASUS ROG RAIDR Express PCIE SSD which I have it in UEFI mode where I was able to install Windows 7 successfully on it with my motherboard BIOS set to UEFI mode and CSM to UFEI as well. But now when I connect my storage HDD's and my 2 Corsair Neutron GTX SSD's which I set up in a RAID0 array in Legacy mode along with my Blu-ray RW optical drive, they're not recognized in Windows at all. How can I get Windows to recognize my drives in UEFI if even possible at all? I've tried switching the CSM back to Legacy to see if that'll work, but my system gets stuck in boot loop after the Intel RAID setup screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383346-installing-windows-7-uefi-issues-detecting-other-sata-devices.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone. I am new here. I need help.

I just can't figured out how to install windows 8 enterprise edition x64 under UEFI secure boot on Asus P8Z77-M motherboard. Is anyone ever successfully doing so?

I have installed the latest bios version 1806 and reset to the default setting. I has enabled CSM on the boot setting under advanced mode and changed the following:

Boot Device Control: UEFI OnlyBoot from Network Devices and Boot from Storage Devices: UEFI FirstBoot from PCIe/PCI Expansion Devices: UEFI First

I followed the instruction on here about how to setup installation media on my flashdisk. At the boot menu, I also see my UEFI installation media, but I can't boot to it. The computer just go back to the BIOS again. Do somebody can help?

when I check my secure boot state with powershell, it just response like in the image, instead of FALSE

Sorry for my bad english

A:Stucked installing windows 8 UEFI secure boot on P8Z77-M

Where do you buy your Windows 8 Enterprise DVD from?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22483-stucked-installing-windows-8-uefi-secure-boot-p8z77-m.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Professional 64-bit a Installing 7 Computer on UEFI-Based Windows Asus friends -I am used to installing windows on the M A X EVO but it looks to be a whole different thing when it comes to the M A FX PRO R -I am trying to install windows Professional -bit OEM DVD with a M A FX PRO R motherboard onto a Samsung EVO tb SSD this is a AMD Computer not Intel the CPU for this build is the AMD FX- the bios is up to date with Bios -I tried Installing Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on a Asus UEFI-Based Computer to install windows professional -Bit OEM with the legacy settings and non-UEFI in the bios because I couldn't get the installation drive seen and ask to boot from the DVD with legacy settings i was able to install windows but as soon as i tried to install SP the computer Blue Screened with code X F and i wasn't logged on for very long -I wrote a forum post in Asus ROG and was directed here to these forums after trying to read some of the forums here it was difficult to know what is the proper settings and what else is required to get the computer to operate properly some say to enable some say to have it disabled etc It says to disable secure boot but in the bios of the ASUS M A FX PRO R there is no enable or disable option I put it into UEFI mode and put CSM into auto and tried to boot both from the UEFI optical drive option and the non-UEFI optical drive option and both times it would load the windows files for installation and as soon as it got to the starting windows splash screen the computer would completely shut off and then restart -some people say to disable CSM and some say to enable it -I understand from what I have read that I am supposed to get the drive formatted into a GPT format and there is two ways to do this is to do it with diskpsrt and the other is to delete the partitions just before installing windows it will supposedly recognize that it is in UEFI mode the problem is is I cant get the windows installation to start in UEFI mode -I tried to read this TechNet post https technet microsoft com en-us v ws aspx about it but it went off into other areas and wasn't a complete step-by-step -I can get photo's of the bios but I don't have a Roxio Game Capture Pro yet -My question is what are the complete steps to install windows on this UEFI Based Computer CSM Legacy UEFI I am excited to use this new computer because I rebuilt it with some new parts the only old parts are the cooler and one optical drive with light scribe no longer made thank you in advance

A:Installing Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on a Asus UEFI-Based Computer

Quote: Originally Posted by Budnarrow

-My question is what are the complete steps to install windows on this UEFI Based Computer? CSM?, Legacy? UEFI?

You should be able to install Windows 7/8/10 with the default UEFI firmware (BIOS) settings.

Asus UEFI setups allow for both UEFI and Legacy BIOS (aka CSM) booting to be enabled. In that case, Windows 7 can normally be booted with the motherboard's Secure Boot feature enabled as well, but without actually using it.

CSM (Compatibility Support Module) > Launch CSM
- [Auto]: The system automatically detects the bootable devices and the add-on devices.
- [Enabled]: For better compatibility, enable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the Windows UEFI mode.
- [Disabled]: Disable the CSM to fully support the Windows Security Update and Security Boot.

Secure Boot > OS Type
- [Windows UEFI Mode]: Execute the Microsoft Secure Boot check. Only select this option when booting on Windows UEFI mode or other Microsoft Secure Boot compliant OS.
- [Other OS]: Get the optimized function when booting on Windows non-UEFI mode, Windows Vista/XP, or other Microsoft Secure Boot non-compliant OS.

For more info look here:

- Asus motherboard with UEFI firmware. How to install Windows 7/8/10 64-bit in UEFI Boot Mode. -> link
- UEFI Boot Mode (installing using the GPT partition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (installing using the MBR partition style). -> link

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/378304-installing-windows-7-professional-64-bit-asus-uefi-based-computer.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am not sure if this subforum is the right place if not pleases help me transfer to the right forum I recently just build a new setup with Asus P Z -V LK this motherboard comes with UEFI boot and legacy BIOS boot support So I tested install windows in both mode and I didn't find any advantage of UEFI consider it is a new technology been promoted quite a lot for recent years The benefit I found is Windows benefit What's of mode? UEFI UEFI the install in and a graphic BIOS setup which is useless to most users What's the benefit of UEFI and install Windows in UEFI mode? if you don't OC Even you did I still find using keyboard to navigate through the menu is much easier than mouse Faster boot time very negligible could be seconds compare to seconds As I timed use my stopwatch the value could include a few seconds human error as well Support boot from gt TB HDD nowadays most user What's the benefit of UEFI and install Windows in UEFI mode? use SSD as boot drive so this really doesn't matter GPT disk partition don't see any benefit here compare to legacy MBR Anyone can enlighten me what is the advantage of UEFI here Thanks a lot

A:What's the benefit of UEFI and install Windows in UEFI mode?

Thanks for adding information about EFI BIOS which present a problem for many during installation and repairs.

For this reason alone, I would advise disabling EFI BIOS in BIOS boot order or choosing Legacy BIOS in BIOS setup, installing normally to an MBR disk.

Wiping a HD already formatted as GPT disk with Diskpart Clean Command can clear the way for it to install as MBR. Sometimes it also takes runnning the command "Convert MBR" to change disk from GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/246420-whats-benefit-uefi-install-windows-uefi-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Laptop: Aspire M5-581t
BIOS: UEFI

Issue - Want to install Win 7 in UEFI mode but USB stick is not recognized.

Error(s) - no bootable drive found and I can't seem to disable Secure Boot

This has been driving me nuts for days. How do I tell the BIOS that it's okay to boot from the USB stick?

/ have googled the heck out of this issue and all I've found is a big, heaping, plate of nuth'n.

Additional info - BIOS type = InsydeH20 Setup Utility

Update - found the secure boot toggle in the Boot Menu. I've been overlooking that for hours now...

New issue - cannot boot from USB stick, can boot from itapi dvd rom (however, system hangs)

A:Acer Aspire M5-518t - UEFI issues

Our UEFI expert Theog should be along in the morning to advise.

I believe you need to format the USB stick FAT32 only. Theog will know the tool which does this best but you can try it with what you have for now.

As this is a Win8 PC, here is his tutorial on how to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269899-acer-aspire-m5-518t-uefi-issues.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire S - that came pre-loaded with windows While I was attempting to Acer UEFI, USB Issues etc. S7-392 on Aspire GPT, Boot make the machine dual-boot with Ubuntu I wiped out the original Windows install I purchased a recovery USB from Acer This USB stick boots fine and the Windows install goes smoothly until when it is finally finished and it says that the version of Windows that I have now installed is inactive and must be activated with a Microsoft Product Key Acer won't do anything about it and wants USB Boot Issues on Acer Aspire S7-392 UEFI, GPT, etc. me to return the machine to them to be repaired They claim that the embedded product key on the hard drive has somehow been corrupted and it must be sent back to them to be fixed I really don't want to have to send the machine away My employer a university has access and licenses to all microsoft products So I thought that I'd try to install windows from a different source I have a Windows Enterprise -bit DVD that I have made into a bootable USB with Rufus I originally tried the Windows DVD-USB utility but it formats the USB as ntfs which I have read is not going to work under UEFI machines - in any case I tried it and it wouldn't boot either Now for the life of me I cannot get the machine to boot off of the USB stick I have tried in UEFI and legacy mode with secure boot on and off and with the sata mode in Raid and AHCI mode According to Rufus the USB drive from Acer that the machine will actually boot from is flagged as non-bootable Out of desperation I tried to format my other Win USB this way - to look more like the USB stick that works USB Boot Issues on Acer Aspire S7-392 UEFI, GPT, etc. but that didn't seem to help I found another thread http Need more help with Win amp ot UEFI GPT here in the forum that describes a situation pretty similar to what I'm seeing Last week I was able to get a USB stick with Ubuntu to boot when I killed the Raid setup via the Intel Rapid Store configuration With no raid and the bios in legacy mode I was able to install Ubuntu However I would really like to get Windows restored to this computer I have upgraded the bios from V to V the latest from acer I have tried to run confirm-SecureBootUEFI in an elevated command prompt terminal but windows says that it cannot find the command From what I've read people are having trouble with these Acer machines Does anyone have any suggestions short of abandoning the machine and going with something else Is there something in the bootable USB recipe that I'm missing Any other ideas

A:USB Boot Issues on Acer Aspire S7-392 UEFI, GPT, etc.

I purchased a recovery USB from Acer. This USB stick boots fine and the Windows 8 install goes smoothly until, when it is finally finished, and it says that the version of Windows that I have now installed is inactive and must be activated with a Microsoft Product Key. Acer won't do anything about it and wants me to return the machine to them to be repaired.

Have you tried to activate?
Activate Windows 8 Online

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/33780-usb-boot-issues-acer-aspire-s7-392-uefi-gpt-etc.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have Acer Aspire V - G Before all problems begin I used Legacy BIOS mode with Windows Pro bit OS Have latest BIOS v nbsp So recently I decide to switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI mode and reinstalled Windows Pro bit with UEFI mode enabled with GPT partition style Everything went UEFI Acer problems?? V5-573G Aspire good with installation nbsp Now I face following issues with UEFI and Windows witch I didn't have in Legacy BIOS mode when laptop goes to sleep and is not touched for Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? a while I'm unable to wake up laptop Pressing any key on keyboard or touching touchpad doesn't wake up it either Only way is to press Power button to completely shutdown it and then turn it on again I'm not sure if it's something to do with Windows settings to fix this Restarting Windows sometimes shutdown laptop This is really strange Windows shows it's restarting screen goes black and doesn't boot anymore instead it shutdown laptop And when I'm shutting down system it doesn't fully turn it off Often the blue light still flashes CPU and GPU fans are still working and again to fully shutdown system I have to press Power button Are these problems somehow related to UEFI because I had no such problems with Legacy mode and Windows This starts to annoy me when laptop doesn't fully shuts down nbsp Any help on this nbsp Thank you nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems??

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-S7-stuck-in-sleep-mode/m-p/427855#M3432 http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-V5-573G-freezes-instead-of-sleep-irregularly-not/m-p/...

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-UEFI-problems/td-p/435242
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently replaced my computers hard drive due to the old one failing I decided to try and use GPT on the new disk because I want to use more than partitions unfortunately however the old BIOS did not support UEFI booting After much research I discovered that it is able to boot in UEFI mode with an unlocked BIOS so I flashed the modified BIOS and was able to set it to boot in UEFI mode Windows installed without not resume will mode Hibernation UEFI Acer problems and everything is working fine apart from one thing When Acer UEFI mode will not resume Hibernation putting the computer into Hibernation it will display the error message quot No boot device found - Please insert boot media and press any key quot when attempting to wake it Restarting the computer will make it boot and resume successfully however I assume that this is a problem with the BIOS not booting EFI devices first when bringing the computer out of Hibernation Is this problem fixable Should I perhaps stick with MBR in case more problems arise down the line PS Sorry for my bad English it is a second language

A:Acer UEFI mode will not resume Hibernation

How do you know you installed UEFI, although I doubt it has anything to do with this issue? Did you boot the installer as a UEFI device, then delete all partitions to clear the formatting, watch it create an EFI System partition?

Is Windows Boot Manager set first device to boot in BIOS setup? Make sure now.

Can we see a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image ?

Work through the steps given here for most Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/366641-acer-uefi-mode-will-not-resume-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have Acer Aspire V - G Before all problems begin I used Legacy BIOS mode with Windows Pro bit OS Have latest BIOS v nbsp So recently I decide to switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI mode and reinstalled Windows Pro bit with UEFI mode enabled with GPT partition style Everything went good with installation nbsp Now I face following issues with UEFI and Windows witch problems?? Aspire UEFI Acer V5-573G I didn't have in Legacy BIOS mode when laptop goes to sleep and is not touched for a while I'm unable to wake up laptop Pressing any key on keyboard or touching touchpad doesn't wake up it either Only Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? way is to press Power button to completely shutdown it and then turn it on again I'm not sure if it's something to do with Windows settings to fix this Restarting Windows sometimes shutdown laptop This is really strange Windows shows Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? it's restarting screen goes black and doesn't boot anymore instead it shutdown laptop And when I'm shutting down system it doesn't fully turn Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? it off Often the blue light still flashes CPU and GPU fans are still working and again to fully shutdown system I have to press Power button Are these problems somehow related to UEFI because I had no such problems with Legacy mode and Windows This starts to annoy me when laptop doesn't fully shuts down nbsp Any help on this nbsp Thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems??

Hello, Well I see that some of these problems are described by others as well on windows 10 and different notebooks.A few solutions have been suggested but I am not sure if these will help you in any way. First, one of the options was to disable fast startup and try to see if it solves your problem.(mainly the shutdown issue)Go in power options, and select from left "Chose what the power buttons do". Here click on "change settings that are curently unavailable" and uncheck fast startup, and see if it will solve the problem. Another idea was to disable hibernate for windows. You can do it in the same way as described above but uncheck hibernate or run the this command in an elevated command prompt(run cmd as administrator) powercfg /h off.The last suggestion was to turn on hybrid sleep on your current power plan. Go to power options, and for your current power plan click "change plan settings". Here click on "change advanced power settings" and look for sleep in the new window. Open the node and at "allow hybrid sleep" select ON. I am not sure if any of these will solve the issue but you can give a try. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-UEFI-problems/td-p/435242/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello i have Acer Aspire 4755, and i want dual booting linux Fedora and windows 10 , my computer is already installed windows 10 , but when i install linux Fedora i got a trouble , he says my laptop is runing gpt partition i use this point on my partition "partition 1 windows 10 and have recovery partition , partition 2 my Data , and for linux i try create 1 partition swap , 1 partition / (root) , and 1 partition /boot/uefi ". but i get same error i want to try to desable UEFI mode but i can't find it in BIOS , and F12 boot please tell me how to desable UEFI in my Acer Aspire 4755Thanks before....

A:Desable UEFI on Acer Aspire 4755

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27044/~/changing-bios-mode-from-uefi-to-legacybut i don't think your laptop has this option since it probably has a Hybrid EFI but remember that disabling UEFI with GPT partition will prevent windows 10 installation too boot.Normally linux x64 distros are able to install under UEFI, just try to disable secure boot:http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27071/~/how-to-enable-or-disable-secure-boot

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Desable-UEFI-on-Acer-Aspire-4755/td-p/425313/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear Friends Long time reader of this forum but a first time poster so please forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered Laptop ASUS UX A-DB 8. UEFI UEFI Windows boot USB Disk - Does from not latest BIOS Originally my laptop came with Windows and when i looked at disk management my disks were formatted with UEFI schema One UEFI USB Disk - Does not boot from UEFI Windows 8. of my friend gave me a UEFI bootable USB drive loaded with Windows So i thought why not give it a try So I created a backup of my OEM Windows and saved the iso files in a seperate external HD created twice just to be sure Now i decided to load the Windows Booted into the BIOS and there is an option to select the USB drive along with the UEFI option for that USB drive I selected the UEFI option but some reason it does not boot into UEFI So i decided to select the standard USB install and this option let me install windows In the process of installing i formatted the partitions and made a single partition and installed Windows on it I am guessing now the drive is not GPT but MBR I also noticed that his installation USB disk had an option to select either bit or bit of Windows I find this kind of odd Would Microsoft create a same iso file with both versions I am guessing he created the USB from a illegitimate source I am planning on purchasing Windows Pro version as an iso but wanted to be confident that it would work with UEFI architecture Questions Why would the system NOT boot from UEFI If I download the legitimate iso from Microsoft and wanted to install Window Pro via UEFI I am sure i would have to format my SSD to GPT and how would i go about formatting it during installation How would i create a recoverable USB for my iso image i created for Windows via ASUS AI Recovery Do I need to follow the same procedure as stated in creating bootable USB disk i e FAT system via diskpart utility I know there are a lot of questions but would like to get your feedback before i can move to a next step Thanks

A:UEFI USB Disk - Does not boot from UEFI Windows 8.

Welcome. Begin with Clean Install - Windows 8. See the UEFI links in the tutorial: How to Install Windows 8 Using "Unified Extensible Firmware Interface" (UEFI). You also will want to see this tutorial link: How to Do a Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22021-uefi-usb-disk-does-not-boot-uefi-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i have HP Pavilion g6 1360su with Insyde H2O F.6A. I have downloaded and installed the HP UEFI Support Environment from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119351-1&cc=bg&dlc=bg&lc=en...=. Is my PC compatible with Windows 8 UEFI?

A:Is my PC UEFI Compatible and how to install Windows 8 UEFI

Please help me. The tool has created a new partition called HP_TOOLS. It's ok but how to do a clean install without deleting it. What should I do?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/34687-my-pc-uefi-compatible-how-install-windows-8-uefi.html
Relevancy 54.18%

When searching verifying the correct version for my BIOS update I ran into an insidious website that rather than providing me any type of info of a potential updat rather provided me with redirects PUP s and all types of junk that was challenging to rid the computer of After I found the correct version to update my BIOS I flashed the download and the BIOS is now updated correctly I don t know exactly if the attack is still pestering my system or I may be dealing with network UEFI, Device ACER, Boot No concerns something else Point being if this is in ACER, UEFI, No Boot Device network concerns the wrong Forum category I apologize in advance This is stats as to my Acer Aspire Es- The issue I m having is that when I Configure the BIOS such that the computer will search for the Hard Drive C I get an obtrusive message stating that there is no bootable device found This is using the UEIF and Hard drive configuration I get this message directly after booting the machine in this configuration This would lead one to think that there was an issue with the HDD and that one would follow that Rabbit hole as I did for a resolution What I learned in researching this is that when setting the BIOS to boot to the USB CD DVD The machine that happily takes me to a screen asking me to push the quot ACER, UEFI, No Boot Device network concerns any key quot to load the Windows Program My immediate thought when this first came up was it was absurd as the computer was not able to find the bootable device To my surprise the machine not only loaded windows Ultimate but I m now currently typing this post using the computer in which it can t find the bootable device Things I ve tried I read in a Post that if one was to remove the HDD from the computer unplug from MB many times just this action would change things for the computer to find the HDD I did that and still no joy finding the missing bootable device After installing Windows I was then able to run using the Administrator CMD prompt Chkdsk f C In which was completed successfully indicating that all sectors were scanned and accounted for without signs of errors I would truly appreciate whatever assistance available Regards nbsp

A:ACER, UEFI, No Boot Device network concerns

I'm moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-uefi-no-boot-device-network-concerns.218706/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone, i want update my device acer aspire as4752g to uefi bios. Please help to update. i was search file bios with support uefi in website it look nothing. Im sorry if my english is bad. Thank You

A:can i update acer aspire as4752g to uefi bios? i w...

No, there is not a way to go from a Legacy BIOS to a UEFI BIOS. Sorry.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/can-i-update-acer-aspire-as4752g-to-uefi-bios-i-want-uefi-bios/td-p/435923
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an Acer V3-731. Owner's nephew somehow put W-8 Enterprise on.
Received a complete set of Recovery CDs from Acer.
I want to do a complete recovery, no data.
First CD, "System" started and said needed UEFI

The BIOS is set

Security
Supervisor Password-Clear
Secure Boot Mode-Standard
(Only "Set Supervisor Password" is operable)

Boot
UEFI
Secure Boot disabled

Booting from the "System" CD, I get as far as "Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults"

Next window says "Please boot this Recovery Disc using Legacy BIOS"

When I change the Boot to Legacy, it tells me I can only use UEFI.

Is this something to do with the Enterprise on this PC?

A:8 Enterprise Legacy-UEFI problem doing Acer recovery

Is this something to do with the Enterprise on this PC?

NO, you need to clean the HDD.

Reset the UEFI/BIOS back to UEFI & Secure Boot ENABLED.

To clean install:
1) Clean the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Help Forums
than
2a) Clean install with the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk.

2b) Clean Install - Windows 8

2c) UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with
Using Acer Recovery DVD:
ICONIA W510,how to reinstall windows 8 with recove... - Acer Community

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53707-8-enterprise-legacy-uefi-problem-doing-acer-recovery.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys I have an Acer E which started to bootloop It would try to load OS W but then the blue sad face pc crash screen pops up and then it try E1 boot Auto usb (UEFI) repair bootloop...No Acer to load Auto Repair but all i get is a black screen I have no USB restore setup no optical drive on machine so i decided to try a clean install ive tried all the steps i found on this forum deactivate secure boot putting usb to boot first F to choose usb boot Rufus Usb Boot creator with a ISO i downloaded from windows media creator Win Boot media creator FAT format usb drive bootsec exe for bit usb creation and many others The wall im hitting is not that the bios doesnt detect the USB sometimes it detects it some times it doesnt comes out as PNY Usb next to Usb Acer E1 (UEFI) Auto repair bootloop...No usb boot hdd but even when i set the bios to load the usb first it just doesnt run whatever is on the usb I even use f to boot the usb and even when its detected it wont run whats on it I even loaded the update for legacy bios and it would detect the usb but not load it I dont know what else to try TLDR machine detects Usb drive in bios but doesnt boot whats on it even when set to do so or chosen Acer E1 (UEFI) Auto repair bootloop...No usb boot Affected PC Acer E Tools PNY gb thumbdrive

A:Acer E1 (UEFI) Auto repair bootloop...No usb boot

Verify you have secureboot disabled..
Download and create windows 8.1 media (link in sig below)
Download the x64 version if your system is UEFI with GPT partitions

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61702-acer-e1-uefi-auto-repair-bootloop-no-usb-boot.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So, got a new laptop, and it started to rain in problems :
1) uefi - what kind of crap is this ?? it cannot detect anything - i have ssd, i have pluged bootable win7 installation usb flash, but it just gives "no bootable device found". Had to turn off uefi and enable legacy mode. Is uefi usable only with windows 8+ ?

A:Acer laptop, uefi, no bootable devices found

This is the benefits of UEFI:
Better security by helping to protect the pre-start-up – or pre-boot – process against bootkit attacks.
Faster start-up times and resuming from hibernation.
Support for drives larger than 2.2 terabytes (TB).
Support for modern, 64-bit firmware device drivers that the system can use to address more than 17.2 billion gigabytes (GB) of memory during start-up.
Capability to use BIOS with UEFI hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343289-acer-laptop-uefi-no-bootable-devices-found.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone, i want update my device acer aspire as4752g to uefi bios. Please help to update. i was search file bios with support uefi in website it look nothing. Im sorry if my english is bad. Thank You

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/can-i-update-acer-aspire-as4752g-to-uefi-bios-i-want-uefi-bios/td-p/435923/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.75%

I installed windows 10. Normally, There has no problem. But in today, when I turn on my laptop, it shows some waring like this "boot manager is missing. Please insert recovery image or installation media and hit any key". After I search my problem in google. Some people said "change your boot mode to legacy". So, I changed boot mode to leagacy and windows starting. After that I also repair windows OS from installation disc. But the problem is, everytime when I turn on my laptop, boot mode is  always change automatically to 'UEFI'. So, I need to change it to 'Legacy' again and again. How can I fix this problem without reinstalling windows?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/UEFI-boot-manager-missing-problem-in-Acer-Aspire-V5-473pg/td-p/437129/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.75%

Id like to start of by going ahead and admitting i was an idiot for doing what i did Give a little bit of a back story etc I had been dual booting between Linux Mint and Windows x Ultimate in the following partition scheme on my Acer Aspire AO Ghz Celeron Processor GB ram gb HDD shipped with windows HP All Primary partitions sda Windows Boot Loader sda Windows sda Storage NTFS sda Linux Mint I managed to somehow get a virus under windows and after failing to weed it out i just formatted the partition SDA and SDA and reloaded grub all was well at this point Then i got the crazy idea to try out Windows since you can still do the day evaluation and since shortly after i bought my PC they started shipping out the Netbook on Stange Bios Acer and with uEFI AO756 Issue 'same' ive found out it had a different BIOS and Processor model with windows and when i type in my serial on the Acer website for drivers it Stange Issue with uEFI and Bios on Acer AO756 Netbook brings up Windows Windows and Windows drivers Just to see if it was indeed faster on my acer THIS proved to be a bad idea as i did not know about the secure boot implementation in windows I had tried the RTM test build of a while back and it was not impressive enough to keep However i had hopes for It installed fine and dandy but during the install sequence it needs you to reboot When the PC rebooted it could not find any bootable partitions on the drive I hard rebooted and Hit f to get to the Boot selection in the bios and lo and behold there was EFI Boot Partition for windows Selected that and it booted and continued the set up procedure After using it for a few minutes i started to collect my drivers only to find out the GPU driver did not work on windows for my integrated intel card Meaning i had terrible tearing and artifacts moving windows or watching movies would give you a head ache etc So i tried to REMOVE windows and reload windows simple procedure right WRONG Ive formatted even zeroed out the HDD over and over again No bootable device found error every time I cannot boot from the Windows Disk via USB CD drive i cannot boot from a USB key made with it either I can only boot the windows key i made or Ubuntu in EFI mode If i install ubuntu it still wont boot right away and i have to go to f select the efi boot Ubuntu Selection etc There are no secure boot or efi options in my bios and i think that Secure Boot is whats locking me out of fixing my own pc gt lt What gives I thaught maybe it wrote something to the BIOS odd as that sounds i figured i had nothing to loose So i reinstalled windows cause thats the only damn thing i can actually install anymore and reflashed the BIOS version from Acer thinking that would help Still a no go Im at whits end with a Brick So im having to sit here and type this out on an old barely fuctioning ibook hopeing that someone out there knows something Google has turned up very little other than quot congratulations on your new paperweight courtesy of windows quot

A:Stange Issue with uEFI and Bios on Acer AO756 Netbook

Have you made the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

To clean install:
than
2) clean install with the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37453-stange-issue-uefi-bios-acer-ao756-netbook.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have made a clean install of Win8 using USB and UEFI.
Somehow it seems the instalaltion is not quit right of what I have read...

Have attached picture of the Diskmanagement (OS is Norwegian by the way).

Compared to this thread: UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with for me something is missing/wrong.

I have a laptop with one SSD and two internal disks. Both internal disk were removed before the installation, and connected and formatted after finished the installation.

So, whats wrong, how to fix it and why is it wrong? If I have comcluded right...?

It can me mentioned that I downloaded the OS, saved it as .iso file, then copied onto the USB disk. Then connected into the laptop and booted from USB/UEFI.
I did not follow these steps: UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Could the answer be so simple?

A:Installing using UEFI USB

Looks like a normal UEFI install to me...

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20263-installing-using-uefi-usb.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My PC crashed so I decided it was about time I built a new one Got a barebones from Novatech a fresh copy of win Pro and a new Gb SSD My intention was to install Win to the SSD and then use my two old SATA hard drives for storage and odd Linux distros These drives have my PC history on them having been successively added to from previous machines so I assumed I could recover all the data from them Installing uefi 7 using 64 win Having been seduced into installing the OS under uefi and to Installing win 7 64 using uefi avoid accidents only the SSD was connected during install That went OK and apart from a glitch finding the drivers on the MB install disc the installation completed I can get on line and I started to load some of my bits and pieces netmeter for example However when I connected up my old drives they do not appear in the bios nor in Explorer Is this because of uefi I installed in uefi and legacy mode I believe but should I now clean format delete the SSD and install in Legacy mode to see all my data Sorry to be so long winded but I needed to explain fully my problem I hope someone can help Tony

A:Installing win 7 64 using uefi

Check in Disk Mgmt if the drives are shown as you scroll down, perhaps needing a drive letter to apply to make them visible in Win7.

Check in BIOS setup that storage drives are enabled for CSM or UEFI and Legacy. But this should only pertain to OS install and not data drives. However you may need a setting to recognize MBR drives in BIOS setup. So let us see pictures of the related settings showing all choices in BIOS.

Why was it necessary to have the mobo disk during install? All SATA drivers should be in installer, and the rest of the drivers should come in via Windows UPdates requiring only the network driver to get online to install them.

More tips here for a Clean Reinstall Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/372841-installing-win-7-64-using-uefi.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have ACER Aspire 1652 laptop which was preinstalled with XP it has a Centrino 1.73 G and 2 GIG of memory installed and 80 gig hard drive and I want to install Windows 7 but ACER do no longer supply any drivers for Windows 7 for chipset, graphics, LAN drivers for Windows 7.

Does Windows 7 have the necessary drivers?

Kind regards,

Walter

A:Installing Windows 7 on a ACER laptop

I cananot guarantee that 7 will have every single driver, but I have to rate the driver service as excellent. Very few have had problems in that area. Be sure to install while on line.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/112310-installing-windows-7-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

im trying to installing windows 7 in acer E5-411G but i can't. need help. thanks.

A:how to installing OS windows 7 in acer E5-411G ??

Are you trying to install the windows 7 that was already shipped with our computer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/how-to-installing-OS-windows-7-in-acer-E5-411G/td-p/319724/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.32%

im trying to installing windows 7 in acer E5-411G but i can't. need help. thanks.

A:how to installing OS windows 7 in acer E5-411G ??

Are you trying to install the windows 7 that was already shipped with our computer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/how-to-installing-OS-windows-7-in-acer-E5-411G/td-p/319724
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings everyone I've 8? Is (GPT) - re-installing me worth UEFI Win it recently upgraded from win to and did a clean install My BIOS is UEFI (GPT) - Is it worth me re-installing Win 8? capable of UEFI but has no secure boot option and UEFI mode UEFI (GPT) - Is it worth me re-installing Win 8? was turned off in BIOS at the time I installed Win Would have been nice if Win setup could have informed me of this before I installed and loaded all my programs So I am wondering would there would really be any great boot time improvement by wiping my hard disk formatting as GPT and reinstalling Win with UEFI enabled in BIOS As installed currently MBR Windows is already much faster than was and I don't see any reason to go through all the work of reinstalling if UEFI only increases boot time by a tiny amount One other question If I did reinstall with UEFI on will Win setup format my hard disk as GPT once I create a partition and click quot format quot or is there some advanced settings for this Thanks in advance Budro

A:UEFI (GPT) - Is it worth me re-installing Win 8?

Welcome to EightForums.

You would need to delete all partitions first.

How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

For more info on uEFI:
Windows and GPT FAQ
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UEFI and Windows
Technical Note: UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18219-uefi-gpt-worth-me-re-installing-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Is it possible to format and install Windows Xp Pro on Acer Aspire 7750z which originally had Windows 7 installed on it ? It is Canadian version Acer or bought in Canada anyways.

I see there is a Euro version laptop which is same model number, but it has Windows Xp on it and drivers for it to download.

My question can I use Windows Xp Pro, with the drivers on Euro version will it work ? Or will all the drivers used for Windows 7 work with Windows Xp ?

Since I prefer using Windows Xp anyways. I wish to do so if this is possible ?

Thanks

A:Installing Windows Xp Pro on Acer Aspire 7750z

If the specs are the same for the Euro model yes it should work.

A word of caution mainstream active support for XP ends in April of next year(no more security updates) and many vendors have already stopped updating drivers for XP so I would expect security issues with XP to become worse.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-xp-pro-on-acer-aspire-7750z-682469.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi   I tried to reset my laptop on new SSD drive using the Recovery media i created using the Acer tools, but it failed with errors. Is this supported? I also tried to boot the laptop with SSD drive that contains teh cloned partitions from hhd drive and it failed to load teh windows.  Anyone has success story for moveing off the 1 tb hdd to ssd with this laptop?

A:Acer r14 installing Windows 10 home using Recovery...

What is your complete model number?  Example of a complete model number: Acer Laptop Aspire R 14 R3-471T-76BM Edit:  To answer your question, yes I replaced the  1 TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD on an R14 and used the USB factory default recovery drive without any problems. (Although it was an R14 that came pre-installed with Windows 8.1).  However, on a different R14 that came pre-installed with Windows 10, I successfully created a USB factory default recovery drive, and then wiped the SSD drive, and then sucessfully put it back to factory condition with the USB factory default recovery drive. My only suggestion would be to..... 1. Re-install the 1 TB HDD2.  Backup your important personal files3.  Reset/restore the computer to factory condition: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY0MjEyMTg... 4.  Create USB flash drive recovery media (again)5. Remove the 1 TB HDD6. Install clean SSD(if you don't know how to have a clean SSD, then read this.)7. Insert the factory default USB recovery drive that you created in step 48. Turn on computer and reset your PC.9. That's it.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-r14-installing-Windows-10-home-using-Recovery-media-on-SSD/td-p/435928
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have Vista OS loaded as the default one by Acer I recently installed windows on a formatted partition which formerly had my data And I believe since then I haven't been able to use the Acer D D recovery It should come up by pressing Alt F during POST but it doesn't I have made sure that it is enabled in the BIOS I went through lot of forums and they suggest it's an Acer after issue Acer 7 D2D installing recovery windows MBR issue and that it may have been deleted or something Someone suggested me to use partedit and change partition ID to and Acer D2D recovery issue after installing windows 7 then run some command like quot mbrwin exe install quot but after doing that I couldn't load any of the OSs I somehow was able to repair recovered as it shows in the dual boot screen now both of them by using windows DVD thank God And on top of that Acer D D still doesn't work Any Acer D2D recovery issue after installing windows 7 solutions on the issue Thanks

A:Acer D2D recovery issue after installing windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by The AudGuy

Hi,

I have Vista OS loaded as the default one by Acer. I recently installed windows 7 on a formatted partition (which formerly had my data). And I believe since then I haven't been able to use the Acer D2D recovery. It should come up by pressing Alt+F4 during POST, but it doesn't. I have made sure that it is enabled in the BIOS. I went through lot of forums and they suggest it's an Acer MBR issue and that it may have been deleted or something ?? Someone suggested me to use partedit and change partition ID to 07 and then run some command like " mbrwin.exe install ^@(% ", but after doing that I couldn't load any of the OSs. I somehow was able to repair (recovered as it shows in the dual boot screen now) both of them by using windows 7 DVD (thank God). And on top of that, Acer D2D still doesn't work. Any solutions on the issue ? Thanks!

Sorry I must be dense. what is the issue? Once you went from vista to win 7 the recovery partition was for all intents and purposes dead. It can only (using a vista dvd) restore you to vista.

What was it you were trying to do?

You can of course (if you have a win 7 dvd) set up a new recovery partition that will get you back to win 7

So?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/76379-acer-d2d-recovery-issue-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi   I tried to reset my laptop on new SSD drive using the Recovery media i created using the Acer tools, but it failed with errors. Is this supported? I also tried to boot the laptop with SSD drive that contains teh cloned partitions from hhd drive and it failed to load teh windows.  Anyone has success story for moveing off the 1 tb hdd to ssd with this laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-r14-installing-Windows-10-home-using-Recovery-media-on-SSD/td-p/435928/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay once again I'm stumped and hoping someone will have some ideas for me This machine outwardly branded Gateway is unmodified from its original out-of-box state It has x Kingston GB DDR -PC was orginally pre-loaded with Windows OEM and at present isn't doing much I'll offer as much of the story leading up to the present but unfortunately the owner my dad doesn't problem Intel Gateway UEFI DX4870-UB308 Core I3 Series Likely Acer quite remember what all he did and or did not do that one fateful night when I promised if he'd just wait until morning I would fix the issue he had run into after Windows went live and instead of doing an UPGRADE install he went all rogue in Acer Gateway DX4870-UB308 Series Intel Core I3 Likely UEFI problem the wee hours and decided a clean install would be best and went for it The next morning when he then had a copy of Wini that would not activate he didn't want to tell me he'd done precisely the opposite of quot Wait until morning quot and decided to instead cover his tracks and play dumb if I asked too many questions So he formatted the HDD and then realized he had gotten rid of the Recovery partition when he'd decided Windows was nifty enough to keep Still kept out of the loop at that point I had no idea he'd then order replacement OEM DVD copies of Windows and if his master plan went off without any hitches he hoped to install W then re-install the last version of the W Insider Preview addition which would in his theory solve everything and I would never know what he'd been doing in the wee hours of night All of this just MIGHT have worked but after hours of trying anything he could think of he thinks he remembers that he didn't want to wait the seconds it tool for the PC to attempt to boot from DVD each morning so he just he thinks went into quot yue-fee quot as he called it and told it not ever to boot from DVD again Naturally it' now in a state of suspended animation When powering up whether using on board VGA or the HDMI which is what he'd been using sent out any video at all--not even the splash from BIOS I've tried USB recovery sticks but but the system isn't even lighting them up leading me to believe they may be going un-mounted at all Sadly I've had about minute of experience with UEFI machines and each experience seems to be worse than the last I asked Cortana and as you see she wasn't helpful I have also tried basic forensic elimination reintroduction of RAM and things like that I have tried both on-board options for video--HDMI as well as VGA and since I am not seeing a splash at all am wondering if I threw a PCI display card into the mix will it have any effect at all other than the additional step I take toward daytime drinking as a sport I see a few jumper blocks that are just crying out to me one is BIOS WP write protect which seems to be ENABLED and the other is CMOS RESET which is in the NORMAL OP position The other is labeled on the board almost its own LOOK HERE sign as FLASH OVERRIDE I've tried various quot standard quot keyboard blasts trying to get to a boot menu with no luck The DVD OEM is ready to go if it ever worked There is also a USB Recovery stick Paragon that isn't doing anything but keep dust out of the USB port It's a decent machine when it's working and is sure to be awesome when upgraded to Win can anyone suggest a way to bridge the gap from here to here Otherwise it may be time to update my Screen name from SmartguyDumbPC to MENSA-pc-KICKED MY BUTT

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/62725-acer-gateway-dx4870-ub308-series-intel-core-i3-likely-uefi-problem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I've installed Windows 10 and Ubuntu using UEFI.
But, now I created a bootable USB for a Linux that does not support UEFI, but only Legacy.
I mean, when I plug the USB to my laptop, the UEFI does not recognize it, only the Legacy BIOS does.
Is it possible to simply proceed to install the other Linux using Legacy mode? Or it will cause problems?

Thanks

A:Installing some OS's in UEFI and some using Legacy BIOS

I am never a fan of using dual boot. I have Windows 10 installed on a separate GPT SSD and Linux installed in MBR SSD and run them separately using Boot Menu so they are completely independent from each other.

I did mention in your other thread that dual booting using MBR is preferable which you can set the Windows boot manager and GRUB boot loader separately. The traditional way is Linux override the MBR and took over the booting process for both Windows & Linux. The non traditional way is to put the GRUB Boot loader in its own partition then use Easy BCD to set up the dual boot, this way they are independent so if there's an update/upgrade from either one, you won't break anything. In addition, you'll get a nice GUI dual boot Menu from Windows, not the ugly GRUB.

Here's an example:

GRUB controls the booting process for both Windows and LinuxPut GRUB in its own partition and use Easy BCD to set up dual boot.
NOTE: During Linux installation, you have to tell Linux not to use sda (MBR in Windows) but its own partition.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39906-installing-some-oss-uefi-some-using-legacy-bios.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just install windows using BIOS but now i want to change it to UEFI boot so i installing in in UEFI boot MBR Fail to after followed steps below create and format a new FAT partition K my windows is in I so i use this command bcdboot i windows f all s k and succeeded i checked with the bootice about the BCD in my K and found it indeed point to i windows just like the picture below Fail to boot in UEFI after installing in MBR https ke pq dm livefilestore Y jpg psid and i restart choose uefi boot in BIOS configuration Fail to boot in UEFI after installing in MBR and it showed like this https cbzpmw dm livefilestore o jpg psid i checked my k windows system there is a winload efi file https ke pq dm livefilestore Y jpg psid The most strange thing is that i've copyed my winload efi to other computer which is already in UEFI mode and also i've copyed it in my virtual machine it works fine So my winload efi should be OK Then what the hell is it going on anyone who can give me a suggestion

A:Fail to boot in UEFI after installing in MBR

Yes, Use Diskpart to Clean your disk convert it to GPT and install UEFI. I don't think you can convert a OS Booting BIOS MBR disk to UEFI GPT and get it to boot.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/35738-fail-boot-uefi-after-installing-mbr.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have tried installing Win in UEFI on my old UEFI on in installing Win7 Error Asus K JV Laptop I have used a tutorial by Error on installing Win7 in UEFI Brink to create the bootable usb The system can see it but after it has loaded I get the following message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart Choose your language setting and click next click quot repair your computer quot status xc What should I do from here I have tried to make the usb both manually and with rufus usb software The system does not currently run on UEFI but it supports it and I have changed it in BIOS Also I run Ubuntu in dual boot I don't know if the GRUB interface does anything here because the recovery will not start either though I believe it did so last time I formatted the laptop Hope someone can point me in the right direction Thank you in advance

A:Error on installing Win7 in UEFI

Does your laptop support a UEFI bios?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/45988-error-installing-win7-uefi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've Lenovo G570 I want to know that I can install Win7 in UEFI on my laptop or not? I didn't see any UEFI option in my BIOS menu, please help me, the specs are:
Lenovo G570,
Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000

A:Installing WIN7 in UEFI on Lenovo-Help

I can't seem to find a page that gives any indication of what type of bios is has. But it will normally say on the top of the Bios menu page that it is a UEFI bios.

There will also be settings that mention UEFI, and if you use the Boot Device menu, you should see a DVD entry that is plain and one with a UEFI designation.

If you are trying to use a flash drive, it may need to be set up specifically to be able to boot UEFI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250194-installing-win7-uefi-lenovo-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

After trying everything I know and could find I'm crying quot uncle quot and posting here I have my first Windows UEFI laptop with a crashed hard drive Naturally my customer did not make his recovery disks nor make record of his product key I have no less than times made a UEFI bootable usb to reinstall Win but 8 Multitudes UEFI of installing under problems can not get this laptop to boot from any of them I have used the tutorial on this site to make these usb's tried other tutorials on other sites and tried twice using Rufus I even removed the bootmgr file as was suggested in a Microsoft article which would make the usb work for UEFI only I am able to change boot mode to CSM and disable secure boot and install Win just fine using a dvd but of course it will not automatically activate I've tried different drives I know the new hard drive has to be formatted GPT which I was going to do during the install but I can't see that would have diddly squat to do with why I can't get the setup process started What am I missing here I've only been at this for hours now

A:Multitudes of problems installing 8 under UEFI

disable secure boot

A Genuine Microsoft Windows 8 x64 DVD, will boot with Secure Boot ENABLED.

To clean install:
than
2a) Clean install with the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk.

2b) Clean Install - Windows 8

2c) UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

x64
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Boot the DVD/USB in UEFI mode from the One Time Boot Menu.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/40789-multitudes-problems-installing-8-under-uefi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I recentlry installed windows 7 professional 32 bit on a travelmate5720 acer and when i 'm trying for example to install adobe flash player BSOD appears and you know the rest.My question is should I keep windows 7 and try to find the correct drivers, if there are any, or should I reinstall windows xp which were working fluently. Here is my zip file after bsod error finder and the report file but it's in greek I hope that the codes of error could help you if you need anymore info just send me a pm or post it n my thread.
Thank you in advanced and sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod after installing windows 7 into acer travelmate 5720

Hello tiesgr,

The dumps point to eamonm.sys as the probable cause.
eamonm.sys is related to ESET Antivirus, which is notorious for causing BSODs.

In order to eradicate the BSOD, please try to do the following:
Remove/Uninstall ESET and use MSE at least to test.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00001018, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 9223b031, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82988848
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82967e20

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
eamonm+7031
9223b031 83791800 cmp dword ptr [ecx+18h],0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: poqexec.exe

TRAP_FRAME: 8a13673c -- (.trap 0xffffffff8a13673c)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=00000000 ebx=85cde8b0 ecx=00001000 edx=00000016 esi=92292f54 edi=000001a8
eip=9223b031 esp=8a1367b0 ebp=8a136824 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010206
eamonm+0x7031:
9223b031 83791800 cmp dword ptr [ecx+18h],0 ds:0023:00001018=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 9223b031 to 828605fb

STACK_TEXT:
8a13673c 9223b031 badb0d00 00000016 8a136758 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
8a136824 8881eaeb 85ce6a80 8a136844 8a136870 eamonm+0x7031
8a136890 888219f0 8a1368d4 85ce6e28 00000000 fltmgr!FltpPerformPreCallbacks+0x34d
8a1368a8 888351fe 8a1368d4 88838f3c 00000000 fltmgr!FltpPassThroughInternal+0x40
8a1368bc 888358b7 8a1368d4 85ce6e28 85cf1ae8 fltmgr!FltpCreateInternal+0x24
8a136900 8285658e 856bb1d0 856bbae0 85cf1b44 fltmgr!FltpCreate+0x2c9
8a136918 82a65367 aa5a3c82 8a136ac0 00000000 nt!IofCallDriver+0x63
8a1369f0 82a44b6e 856919d0 858d8de8 85ca4d20 nt!IopParseDevice+0xed7
8a136a6c 82a54f80 00000000 8a136ac0 00000240 nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x4fa
8a136acc 82a4ba5e 8a136c30 848d8de8 8a136b00 nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0x165
8a136b48 82a8cf8a 8a136bf8 00100002 8a136c30 nt!IopCreateFile+0x673
8a136ba4 82a1d326 8a136bf8 00100002 8a136c30 nt!IoCreateFileEx+0x9e
8a136c70 82a77182 8a136ce4 85ced008 85cdee58 nt!IopOpenLinkOrRenameTarget+0x12f
8a136d18 8285d21a 00000014 0010fb70 004a3f78 nt!NtSetInformationFile+0x967
8a136d18 771770b4 00000014 0010fb70 004a3f78 nt!KiFastCallEntry+0x12a
0010faa4 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x771770b4
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
eamonm+7031
9223b031 83791800 cmp dword ptr [ecx+18h],0

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: eamonm+7031

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: eamonm

IMAGE_NAME: eamonm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4c18e21e

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_eamonm+7031

BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_eamonm+7031

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224974-bsod-after-installing-windows-7-into-acer-travelmate-5720-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am a relatively average user a few months back my my installing Problems Windows 5740dg Acer on 7 Aspire gf's laptop started to give me randomly blue screens and it restarted Recently i had some free time to get into it and tried to format amp install windows again when i came across some weird problems First things first My specs Acer Aspire DG CPU intel core i MB GHz Mhz FSB Ati monility radeon HD GB Ram Windows x ultimate Whenever i used to try with the DVD or a USB stick made it bootable my windows installation could never make it past the part of picking operating system It was also taking longer than usual on the quot starting windows setup quot So i Problems installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5740dg got myself into looking for a solution when i came across some threads and posts about disabling FDD and removing any other devices which in my case i Problems installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5740dg get no option to enable disable FDD so i just put it at bottom of the boot list Nothing changed though my next attempt was to make my HDD from ACHI to IDE in BIOS Yet again it wasnt a problem solver I've tried BIOS reset on default and still the same After looking at it more I decided that my best course of action was to use the command promp While on instal windows screen i did quot shift amp f quot and got into bootrec exe options After trying the bootrec rebuildbcd i got the following msg Scanning all disks for Windows installations Please wait since this may take a while Successfully scanned Windows installations Total identified Windows installations The operation completed successfully then i tried to use the bcdedit export C BCD Backup and it couldnt find it in order to contnue Next thing i followed this guide to format my HDD SSD HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation Got it all except the installation part which it just wont go past the OS to install it wont take any click or the enter key-arrow keys both on DVD and USB Sorry if im not explaining myself well im not a native speaker Thanks in advance for any help notes -My HDD is online amp active -Both DVD and usb work perfectly -My Keyboard has keys that dont work after a critical shot of cola which i cleaned well But still im using a wireless KB since -The Bootrec command ScanOs couldnt find an OS before i format my hdd

A:Problems installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5740dg

Well as it happends, so far so good windows is instaling.
The Alt key seemed to cause troubles..i pressed it couple times during the starting setup screen.
So problem was the cola on the laptops kb.And messed up my alt key..i hate cola.
Solved i guess.So much for a damn button...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336654-problems-installing-windows-7-my-acer-aspire-5740dg.html
Relevancy 51.6%

After about 6 hours of trying to setup an Ubuntu dual boot on my Vaio svE14A15FG all i succeeded in was eventually deleting the partition table. (I was told to run gdisk so the Live CD would see my windows install and automatically install along side as all manual efforts weren't working.) I'm running TestDisk at the moment to see about getting it all restored as I've moved around a bit in the last year and am not 100% sure of where my system restore disk has ended up. However I do also have a physical install disk and unused product key from family pack. That disk will only boot in legacy mode though. If I'm not too worried about losing files(everything important is also on my desktop) and having a clean install would I be missing out on anything important by using the legacy mode instead(which would also make installing Ubuntu alongside easier)?

A:Does installing as UEFI over Legacy have any real benefits?

In my opinion, no, you wouldn`t.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311561-does-installing-uefi-over-legacy-have-any-real-benefits.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm new to Legacy and UEFI terminology so please - UEFI Legacy XPS15 Dell Problem! vs. Installing W8.1 - - go easy Dell XPS with Samsung GB SSD replaced original mechanical drive GB mSATA drive still present It was set up to boot from UEFI when the Dell technician installed the OS on the new Samsung drive Am I correct in saying the mSATA drive is not being used at present as the new Samsung SSD replaced the original mechanical drive Problem Today I've wiped the GB SSD and installed W Problem is I installed it in Legacy mode as I couldn't get the W DVD to boot in UEFI mode I think this was a mistake I thought I could switch it back later from legacy to UEFI Installing W8.1 - Legacy vs. UEFI - Dell XPS15 - Problem! The laptop will not boot now in UEFI Is there any way to switch back to UEFI for faster booting I have a macrium reflect image of the new install or would this just use Legacy again Is a complete reinstall needed this time in UEFI mode and via USB Thanks Ian

A:Installing W8.1 - Legacy vs. UEFI - Dell XPS15 - Problem!

You need to install as UEFI. The DVD will boot as UEFI, just select it with that designation in the Boot Device Menu then make sure and hit a key if it is necessary. If you get a message about the SSD being the wrong configuration, you may have to remove all the partitions on the drive in the partition selection window so it can be configured as GPT.

You may want to set the system back to a Secure Boot configuration so it won't even show the legacy boot devices.

The 32 GB drive was the acceleration drive for the HDD and you do not need it when using an SSD. It did not have software installed, but was being used as a cache for the HDD.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50197-installing-w8-1-legacy-vs-uefi-dell-xps15-problem.html
Relevancy 51.17%

First of all good day everyone I have some question to ask after telling you the situation and I will put it with numerical order below I have a system running Windows Ultimate bit Some Installing in about UEFI and created data questions past the on a A k processor and MSI A XM-E Motherboard which I think capable of running Windows Ultimate bit UEFI And recently I figured out that Some questions about Installing UEFI and data created in the past if that board is UEFI ready I did installed my Operating System wrong way if I want UEFI That's because before I bought the Motherboard I was just learned that almost all new motherboard in the market today are capable of a features called FAST BOOT and don't know much about different installation on this new system called UEFI So when I was installing my Operating System which is Windows Ultimate bit I installed it in traditional way which is booting it from flash drive that I created from winsetupfromusb beta and it was formatted also from NTFS and I did not realized that only Fat is supported Then after that I installed drivers from driver pack solution but I observed the features fast boot I was looking for looks like not functioning because when I boot the system and observed the time it used when booting is just the same So I went to my motherboard manufacturers website and saw the Utility driver for Fast Boot Features and installed it but after that I realized the same thing it's not working That's why I search around the Internet and learned all these things And now I want to re-install it but this time in the right way with UEFI So I created another bootable flashdrive from winsetupfromusb to be use and make it right But still I didn't know these things below As you know I have my current OS Windows Ultimate bit in my one physical drive with two partition called drive C and D The drive C where the OS resides and in drive D I put a lot of files there and I don't wanna touch it if ever I want to re-install this time with UEFI So my question is it is possible that only the drive C I will delete partition and install there the new OS Windows Ultimate bit UEFI So if the answer in my first question is possible Will the new Installed OS Windows Ultimate bit UEFI could read write the files in my drive D which is created by OS in the past on this computer Btw I also managed to successfully update the BIOS driver via MSI Live Update My question is what will happen to the bios if I re-installed with new OS will it be roll back to the state when it was before I update it Will it affect the condition of my new install OS Should I restore it to factory settings before installing new OS again How If it should not restore to factory settings do I need to update it again from MSI Live Update after installing the new OS Thank you very much and please forgive me asking my questions in novel way

A:Some questions about Installing UEFI and data created in the past

Boot into BIOS setup to look for settings for Secure Boot to disable, CSM, Legacy BIOS or UEFI. Report back settings choices for any of those, or similar. Pictures can help.

Download the latest official 64-bit installer for your licensed version from Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 but use only Option One here to write it to stick: UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows.

Boot the stick as a UEFI device from the BIOS Boot Menu, following these steps for UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342815-some-questions-about-installing-uefi-data-created-past.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am having problems installing UEFI amp a Error x with Win OEM saying it can't create partitions for UEFI then creating partitions for MBR installation instead This using a TB hard drive setup with a GPT system amp nothing else amp ready for Win to create the patitions The first time it happened I used MiniTool Error with Uefi Problems cant 0x80004005 & installing Win8 Partition Wizard Professional to delete the partitions created by Win amp convert the MBR to GPT then used Wipe Disk function to erase all data and set all the bits to a The only thing that I can think is upsetting the installation is that I have left the other drives in the system including x TB drive x TB drive and a second TB drive The TB drive has quot Win Ultimate quot installed using MBR the TB Problems installing Uefi & Error 0x80004005 with Win8 cant drive is empty but ready to install Win setup with GPT and the other TB drive has a UEFI Win installed but broken I have also tried to install UEFI Win on the TB drive but it failed with the same error code as above This UEFI takes a lot to get ones head around dose't it and me being much older than I once was makes it even harder I need some help because I have tried this installation at least to times now and doing these quot Wipe Disk Functions quot every time has so far lost me whole days just in wasted time I appreciate any help that can be given and thanks in advance for that help Roger

A:Problems installing Uefi & Error 0x80004005 with Win8 cant

Best have only the drive you are install the OS to in-place.

Are you booting the DVD/USB in UEFI mode?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54329-problems-installing-uefi-error-0x80004005-win8-cant.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys Been at this a while and need some help Got a new machine Qosmio X -B- which like most tries to force me to use Windows platform preinstalled no chance thankyou my machine and I'll run it how I choose to So my plan has always been to do on 7x64 using Rufus UEFI bootable 8.1 Installing issue machine a clean install of x pro which I already own Initially I learn that the BIOS needs to be changed from UEFI to CSM no prob that's easy but the hybrid SSHD is set up with GPT partitions and my wont install unless they are MBR At the advanced options screen I can delete all partitons and format but I end up with one single unallocated drive that remains as a GPT cos the advanced options don't offer the necessary conversion to MBR So I do some reading and discover that in fact Installing 7x64 issue on 8.1 machine using Rufus UEFI bootable Windows WILL install to GPT providing the installer I use can do that and as some will no doubt know the RUFUS installer allows us to select 'GPT partition scheme for UEFI computers' Hmmm brilliant I thought I can keep using the UEFI firmware advantages by installing onto GPT partitions So I got Rufus and created my bootable windows x Pro selecting the 'GPT partition scheme ' Only change I then Installing 7x64 issue on 8.1 machine using Rufus UEFI bootable make to the BIOS is to disable secure boot and boot order to USB Standard 'Windows loading' white progress bar on black screen then the recognisable logo begins to go thru it's motions of 'Starting Windows' and the coloured squares fly around to form the logo only it never completes and it hangs Question Are there enough benefits to keeping the UEFI and sticking with GPT partition and trying to pursue with installing this way OR should I just forget that and open a command window from the language screen with Shift F and open DISKPART to clean and convert the new single partition to MBR Question Anyone got any idea why this installer is hanging at the point listed above And if so is it fixable I used the latest RUFUS available although I note there's a beta version available and wondering if it may just address this issue All help greatly appreciated Nick

A:Installing 7x64 issue on 8.1 machine using Rufus UEFI bootable

Make sure the Rufus settings are exactly as pictured in Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows and do not change once you load the ISO.

Where did you get the ISO. Check it's HASH to confirm it is intact, from Step 1 of Clean Reinstall Windows 7 .

Did you boot the installer as a UEFI device? It is not going to install to UEFI if not, and if it doesn't show up as a UEFI device after Rufus formatting, then it is either formatted incorrectly or the BIOS settings are not yet correct.

It may require Legacy BIOS settings if UEFI First to Boot is present. It may require some level of CSM, as long as you can boot the flash stick as a UEFI device.

If in doubt about settings, let us see the ones in BIOS related to Secure Boot, UEFI, Legacy BIOS, CSM and BIOS Boot Priority order. Attach camera pics using paper clip icon in reply box.

Use the BIOS Boot menu key to trigger flash stick with HD or Windows Boot Manager set first to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/362070-installing-7x64-issue-8-1-machine-using-rufus-uefi-bootable.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I used nLite to create an Windows server 2003 disc that had the SATA drivers
included.I have installed Windows server 2003 that had the above drivers by
deleting the already existing Windows vista operating system on Acer Aspire
AM5641. But when I was installing, it skipped the following
files.............cmnicfg.xml, ipcfg.xxml, osinfo.xml, potscfg.xml,
pppcfg.xml,
xmlp_bdg.xdr, xmlp_bec.xdr, xmlp_beu.xdr, xmlp_ecp.xdrxmlp_ecu.xdr,
xmlp_fcd.xdr, xmlp_fcw.xdr, xmlp_hlp.xdr, xmlp_loc.xdr, xmlp_mas.xdr,
xmlp_mcc.xdr, xmlp_mcu.xdr,xmlp_mpc.xdr. I want to install SAP R/3 on Win
server 2003. Will I face any problems in future..as some files are skipped
when installing.

Thanks for the reply.

A:Files skipped when installing windows server 2003 on Acer Aspire AM5641

Just run sfc /scannow (copy and paste that into run, or command prompt )
You will need your Windows server 2003 CD (maybe)

Also confirm all backups are complete (even though it's just a standard Windows command, sometimes installed personal firewalls and Antivirus softwares can cause issues during the scan)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-skipped-when-installing-windows-server-2003-on-acer-aspire-am5641.113425/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell XPS that failed Windows anniversary update until UEFI secure boot was turned off It apparently then completed but I cannot re-enable Windows update secure 10 disabled 8700 XPS needed enable now secure anniversary UEFI can't boot boot to UEFI complete secure boot without the same boot problem advising Recoveryyour pc device needs to be repaired during Windows anniversary updateAn unexpected error has occurredError Code xc you ll need to use recovery tools nbsp nbsp Is there a solution to enable UEFI secure boot nbsp I am using a Dell XPS pc with XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now an SSD drive The Windows update was installingthen after one of the reboots the error above nbsp The pc was running prior to the update and had UEFI OS secure boot enabled nbsp no prior problems I attempted to do any of the safe mode boots but none would proceed Disabling the UEFI safe secure boot mode apparently let the install continue and the das it did before with I believe completion of the installation of Windows anniversary update PC now shows Windows home Ver The problem returns if I enable UEFI secure boot and the PC stops I would like to determine a wayto locate the problem or issue related to the secure boot nbsp Using the media creation tool may justrepeat the problem once secure boot is re-enabled nbsp Dell lists that they have tested XPS with this update and have not indicated problems no mention of secure boot issue

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993741
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell XPS that failed Windows anniversary update until UEFI secure boot was turned off It apparently then completed but I cannot re-enable secure boot without the same boot problem advising Recoveryyour pc device needs to be repaired during Windows anniversary updateAn unexpected error has occurredError boot update to Windows can't needed XPS boot enable anniversary now UEFI secure complete 8700 disabled secure 10 UEFI Code xc you ll need to use recovery tools nbsp nbsp Is there a solution to enable UEFI secure boot nbsp I am using a Dell XPS pc with an SSD drive The Windows update was installingthen after one of the reboots the error above nbsp XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now The pc was running prior to the update and had UEFI OS secure boot XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now enabled nbsp no prior problems I attempted to do any of the safe mode boots but none would proceed Disabling the UEFI safe secure boot mode apparently let the install continue and the das it did before with I believe completion of the installation of Windows anniversary update PC now shows Windows home Ver The problem returns if I enable UEFI secure boot and the PC stops I would like to determine a wayto locate the problem or issue related to the secure boot nbsp Using the media creation tool may justrepeat the problem once secure boot is re-enabled nbsp Dell lists that they have tested XPS with this update and have not indicated problems no mention of secure boot issue

A:XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now

rdubayah,
If your computer was running WIndows 10 without any issues prior to downloading the Anniversary update, then you would not have had to change any settings in the bios to install the update.The UEFI and Secure Boot settings are to enable booting with a USB or DVD to install Windows.
Disable Legacy Boot Mode and Enable UEFI
Start the computer and TAP the F2 key to enter the bios. Once in the bios Press F9 to Restore the bios to the Default Settings. F10 to save changes and exit. You could have a hardware problem. To run a hardare diagnostics on the computer you would start the computer and TAP the F5 key. Insert a cd/dvd in the optical drive for running the diags.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19993741
Relevancy 47.73%

We have 2 Precision T3610 computers and want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 in UEFI mode.  One computer worked using a Win10 FAT32 (UEFI-compatible) USB key and is successfully running Windows 10 booting in UEFI.  The other doesn't show any UEFI boot options with the same USB key installed, same BIOS, same options set.
Tried front and rear USB 2.0 slots, tried 3 different FAT32 Windows 10 installation keys.  Current BIOS A14 on both computers.  Tried downgrading BIOS to A13, still no options (only Legacy boot options show up even when in UEFI mode).  Cleared CMOS with jumper, still no options.  Upgraded BIOS back to A14, still no options.
Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986790
Relevancy 47.73%

This issue has been resolved Look at Page posts and You need to enable Legacy MBR by Enabling Launch CSM in the EFI Setup Hello all This is my first post I am a Windows user and now against my will Windows I bought an ASUS N laptop pre-loaded with Windows so these are the new generation n series The old ones come with Windows Anyway I attempted to boot a Windows ULT install DVD but the install hangs on the Windows logo flag So - Windows is loading files is shown and hidden - The animated Windows logo appears and then it just hangs go figure I have no idea what is going wrong I went into the Install 64 Logo - W7 (DVD on Hangs Asus UEFI UEFI Boot) N76 UEFI setup and the only option for my BR is EUFI boot I also added a quot boot option quot asking the EFI to boot quot efi microsoft boot boot efi quot or quot efi microsoft Asus N76 UEFI - W7 64 Install Hangs on Logo (DVD UEFI Boot) boot boot efi quot but when selected from Boot Override the screen goes blank for a few seconds the BR starts spinning and I am thrown back at the EFI so it looks like it cannot find the file For path I selected the BR device and at the end has a quot quot I have secure boot disabled yep I have an option for that So now I am left empty handed and I am stuck with Windows I even put in a brand new SSD hoping I would install W on it but I can't even start the setup Argh I am very experienced with MBR and BIOS but I am a complete newbie to UEFI I don't know what is going wrong and why the setup hangs There are no crazy error messages It just sits doing nothing The BR drive spins and then it just stops I have attached some screenies of my EFI It is a brand new laptop I'd say a motherboard issue But then I have no issues running W on it I just want a fresh install of the OS on the SSD I have a brand new unused copy of W ULT

A:Asus N76 UEFI - W7 64 Install Hangs on Logo (DVD UEFI Boot)

Win8 PC's have Secure BIOS which must be disabled to install any other oS, then you can install in UEFI mode following these steps: Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

If you want to bypass UEFI and install normally to an MBR drive the procedure is related here: MS new "Secure Boot" locked BIOS arrives

Other info on EFI:
Technical Note: UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS - YouTube
The 30-year-long Reign of BIOS is Over: Why UEFI W... - Input Output

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/268150-asus-n76-uefi-w7-64-install-hangs-logo-dvd-uefi-boot.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Trying to understand handshaking between UEFI amp Win Have Win Pro sp installed on SSD mb Asus F A -V Pro Example boot to flashdrive to do Acronis backup of SSD remove SDD insert spinner boot again to flashdrive to do Acronis restore to spinner to test backup remove flashdrive boot to UEFI set UEFI spinner as default save amp reset spinner starts boot Win logo shows briefly reboots and shows Win repair normal screen choose normal Windows desktop shows new driver is loaded for spinner and asks for reboot that part I understand reboot starts and again briefly shows Win logo before UEFI handshaking keeps changing; confusion boot UEFI/Win7 yet again rebooting to the Win repair normal screen again choose normal amp all is happy But then I remove the spinner insert the SSD and have to go through the whole deal again Why so many reboots Similarly if I change any hd flashdrive configuration my UEFI boot selection is lost amp I have to reset it again - sometimes with the UEFI boot keeps changing; UEFI/Win7 handshaking confusion multiple reboot scenerio sometimes not Sure wish I could force that the UEFI selection stay there as long as the selected drive is installed

A:UEFI boot keeps changing; UEFI/Win7 handshaking confusion

Hello and welcome diana look I am having a little difficulty in following the train of the thread.

Now do you mean you just backed up the SSD to a USB stick ? then tried to transfer that USB stick back up to the spinner? If it was just a back up then I don't think it is going to work because it is only a backup.

To make the spinner the boot device I would be cloning the SSD to the spinner. I wouldn't mucking around with sticks as I cannot see why that is necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282494-uefi-boot-keeps-changing-uefi-win7-handshaking-confusion.html
Relevancy 47.73%
Relevancy 47.73%

I need to change some setting in my UEFI/BIOS but it is stuck in ready only mode.
All options are blanked out except for "exit". How can I get it to let me edit the settings again?

A:Cannot change UEFI settings / UEFI stuck in read only mode

You may have to disable the "Secure Boot" option first.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54167-cannot-change-uefi-settings-uefi-stuck-read-only-mode.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello ? Satellite dual win How 8 UEFI UEFi: Win boot 7 L850 & to the forum Thanks for the welcome And thanks for pointing me in this subforum I have a notebook toshiba satellite L - HU with Satellite L850 & Win 8 UEFi: How dual boot UEFI win 7 ? UEFI Default is win os recently upgraded to Satellite L850 & Win 8 UEFi: How dual boot UEFI win 7 ? Now I need to win I have a professional license N sp x and then supports UEFI Is possible to combine the systems in dual boot and both in UEFI mode I see from your guides that for installation the UEFI is necessary partition in a certain way What should I do if I want to leave intact the UEFI partition of win partition I just make only space for win partition that will use the same partition UEFI of win or i make other partition And which of the two systems will handle the boot I can decide I and the warranty restores factory work If I change hdd and install win when I put the old hdd it works as before removing it Sorry for the confusion I hope you manage to understand me and help Ciao forum E grazie Saluti dall'Italia

A:Satellite L850 & Win 8 UEFi: How dual boot UEFI win 7 ?

If I change hdd, and install win 7, when I put the old hdd, it works as before removing it?

Yes. This is how I do any OS tests\'dual boot'\experiments etc with zero chance of damage to the original boot OS\hd. Am keeping a bunch of old HD's for the purpose. The downside is the slight risk for some mechanic\connection problems, just be careful, remember to power down! So if you don't find it troublesome to switch HD's, IMO go ahead and try that route.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42296-satellite-l850-win-8-uefi-how-dual-boot-uefi-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys,Just got an Aspire ES1-523. Was setting up for dual boot of Win10 and Linux Mint 18. Shrunk Win 10 partition from within windows to make room for Linux partitions. Got system to boot from UEFI USB and used gparted from Linux Mint Live to make and format new partitions, then installed Mint using new partitions for"/" and "swap".All seemed fine until reboot... Now boots to UEFI setup and exit from UEFI setup goes to boot and boots UEFI setup. I'm locked in a bit of a loop...How can I get the boot loader to point to Win 10 boot manager or grub2 boot manager instead of UEFI (bios) setup???

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES1-523-exit-from-UEFI-setup-boots-to-UEFI-setup/td-p/466099
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

Currently having a wake on lan issue with a certain computer.

The machine is setup correctly but the windows boot information is stored in a 100mb UEFI partition, and when the computer wakes on lan, it will not boot windows, just sit at a blank screen.

When it wakes on lan it is trying to boot from the legacy device (same blank screen happens if you choose to boot from it from bios)

ive tried updating the bios but no luck, all settings seem to be as they should be.

Is there some trick to get it to load the UEFI MBR, or is there a safe way other then reformatting the machine to move the MBR over to the legacy device itself?

Thanks for any help.

A:Boot UEFI from wake on lan, or convert UEFI MBR to legacy.

Back up your files, unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup to enable Legacy BIOS. Next check BIOS Boot order for an EFI Boot Disk: remove it, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SEL DIS 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CONVERT MBR
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264768-boot-uefi-wake-lan-convert-uefi-mbr-legacy.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am in the process of doing a number of clean installs I am trying to make a decision as to whether or not to utilize the UEFI and Secure Boot modes which are available on the MBs It seems from an initial attempt that I cannot simply use UEFI GPT without turning not UEFI/SB, or is UEFI/Secure question.. to Boot the that on UEFI/Secure Boot or not to UEFI/SB, that is the question.. Secure Boot that is one must NOT use CSM turn it off and USE Secure Boot You cannot use UEFI without Secure Boot Is this correct I am considering us ng UEFI without Secure Boot because I hear it is faster However I am concerned that I will run into all sorts of trouble turning Secure Boot on with respect to double booting Win and additionally with creating images with Acronis I have been in the habit of creating a new PC with an extra drive with a cloned OS then disconnecting the drive so that if the first OS drive fails the person can boot up quickly with the other drive I am concerned that there will be a problem with Secure Boot I mean how many times have I been infected with a root kit some virus that take over at boot time Answer never since I started with PCs in So anyone really think Secure Boot is worth it

A:UEFI/Secure Boot or not to UEFI/SB, that is the question..

Originally Posted by Andrew124C41

I am considering using UEFI without Secure Boot because I hear it is faster.

Secure Boot does not affect the speed of your computer.

However, I am concerned that I will run into all sorts of trouble turning Secure Boot on with respect to double booting Win 10...and additionally with creating images with Acronis.

Windows 8/8.1/10 are compatible with the Secure Boot.

I don't know about Acronis True Image but Macrium Reflect is compatible with the Secure Boot.

So, anyone really think Secure Boot is worth it?

It is a very important security feature.

Microsoft designed Secure Boot to protect the computer from low-level exploits and rootkits and bootloaders. A security process shared between the operating system and Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI, replacing the BIOS), Secure Boot requires all the applications that are running during the booting process to be pre-signed with valid digital certificates. This way, the system knows all the files being loaded before Windows 8 loads and gets to the login screen have not been tampered with.

If a bootloader has infected your computer and it tries to load during the boot-up sequence, Secure Boot will be able to undo all the changes and thwart the attack. Having Secure Boot means it is that much harder for attackers to try to compromise the start up sequence.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/67603-uefi-secure-boot-not-uefi-sb-question.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone
Some people might like to test the possibilities of UEFI systems even though their current machines aren't equipped with it.

It IS possible to do this in a Virtual machine even if the HOST system is a non UEFI machine.

Edit Manually the VM configuration for the VM you want to test this feature with.

Add the following like to the .VMX (machine configuration file)
firmware = ?efi?

Note that you must do this BEFORE installing the VM and you can't change it afterwards.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Testing UEFI on a non UEFI system - Can be done in VMWARE

Thanks for the reminder Jimbo.

I had this posted a while back, works even on Player:
VMware Player with UEFI

Works like a charm.

There were no post reactions back there but I guess those who need this can easily and silently test it out.

You've mentioned it:

Note that you must do this BEFORE installing the VM and you can't change it afterwards.

Very important indeed because we know how easy it is to change settings on the go; unfortunately this settings aren't meant to be changed afterwards.

Cheers
Hopachi

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/29389-testing-uefi-non-uefi-system-can-done-vmware.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I bought a new Asus desktop which came pre-installed with Windows 8. I've decided to ditch windows 8 and to install a SSD with windows 7 64 bit.

I noticed that my motherboard can handle UEFI and I went ahead and created a bootable USB with Win 7 64bit. When I go into BIOS I can see that it identifies the USB drive as a UEFI enabled device. I went ahead with the clean install of win 7.

This is where I'm confused. I followed the steps on this link

When it comes to seeing 3 partitions I only see 2.

I tried msinfo32 to see "BIOS mode" but even that option is not there. All I see is "BIOS Version/Date" and "SMBIOS Version"

I have a working Windows 7 but just want to know if I did the installation correctly or not.

A:UEFI USB Win 7 installed. How to check if it really is in UEFI?

If you correctly formatted the USB as shown in UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
and booted it as a UEFI-labeled device, then deleted all partitions and let it create new, it should be UEFI.

Is there a partition labeled EFI in Disk Mgmt?

When you click on the Disk # panel to the left of the drive map, does it offer to convert to GPT or MBR? Dont' convert it, just look to confirm if it's GPT meaning UEFI install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327388-uefi-usb-win-7-installed-how-check-if-really-uefi.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi i have ACER ASPIRE v5-431 laptop.

i have installed Win 7, ubuntu, xp, vista.

But when i try to install Windows 8, it just doesnt install.
it gives me following error :
i Tried everything.
i performed a Clean install {deleted all partitions & installed on a new partition}
i even used ACER just UPGRADE ASSISTANT.

But still all in vain

The OS doesnt install.

i tried freaking 15 times just trying to install that OS but still it just doesnt install.

Can anyone pls help me out how can i install this OS ?

A:win 8 not installing on ACER laptop tried everything

You might read through the thread just below about the same topic.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13881-win-8-not-installing-acer-laptop-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 43.86%

A friend of mine, an OEM supplier, and pretty experienced, is nonetheless having a great deal of trouble installing Windows XPon an Acer laptop. I have added his query below, and would be very grateful if anybody could suggest a solution.
"Acer laptop model Aspire 5101, supplied with Vista Home Premium.

Hard disk is apparently split into three partitions C, D and (hidden) small F according to Partition Manager.

I have formatted the drive and tried to load Window XP Home with Service Pack 2, but willnot continue installation.

-approx 75 % complete - as (quote) "cannot find file".

What purpose does hidden partition serve? Any information please on how to achieve full instal of XP?"

A:Help please in installing XP on Acer laptop

Hello and welcome to the forum . .

The "Hidden" partition is likely a restore feature that formats the C drive and restores it to the state it was shipped. The Acer support site should have details of how to start that process.

If he has Formatted the C partition, the ability to use the restoration partition was wiped out with the format.

The most common causes of the "File not found" error:

Memory faults
Scratched or dirty install CD
Hard Drive Faults

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-in-installing-xp-on-acer-laptop.707057/
Relevancy 43.43%

A friend has asked me to install Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire 5315 laptop.
No problem I said
I set the boot order to boot from disk and put the disk in.
Instead of the expected "press any key to continue" I get a black screen with "select CDROM boot type:_" with a flashing cursor.
I'd never seen this before but I attempted to type in "normal"- a guess- and it seems I have no keyboard input at all. I tried all the letters and numbers plus Fkeys and nothing.
I cannot type anything in.
I than tried ctrl/alt/del and this ended the process but that seems to be the only key combination working.
I'm wondering if it's because I'm trying to put x64 W7 on a Vista x86 laptop and some kind of EFI protection is kicking in.

Any ideas would be most welcome

A:Installing 7 on Acer Aspire 5315

You cannot put a 64-bit OS on a 32-bit PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105242-installing-7-acer-aspire-5315-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

First of all Hi i m a new user here alltho techguy helpt me out a few times Searching the forums but Troubles: on Installing Acer Win W700 7 not this time amp just didnt make an account yet Now i hope some of you guys can help me out Project Sketch I have this Acer W Tablet which had Win pre-installed on it now first of all i hate win it just doesnt fit my needs i work in the Industrial Automation and have to use allot of Troubles: Installing Win 7 on Acer W700 software thats just not compatible with Win So why not install Win on it right After making a bootable Win USB drive i used a USB Troubles: Installing Win 7 on Acer W700 hub to connect both the USB and an external keyboard for controls the W only has one USB slot Changed the the boot type to UEFI did a restart and then used the keyboard to startup pressing F to get into the boot menu and then select my USB drive Setup loads all files and then i get the menu to choose for keyboard settings and language etc But i cant use my keyboard or the touchscreen obv not the touchscreen cause there are no drivers but why isnt the keyboard working ive tried several USB keyboards none of them did the job so i guess the setup has no drivers to use it i hope somebody can help me out on this one With love SWKIPPY nbsp

A:Troubles: Installing Win 7 on Acer W700

Doesn't look like there are drivers for win 7
Only win 8 And 8.1
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubles-installing-win-7-on-acer-w700.1129299/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all,

I am experiencing some problem when installing the new iTunes.

The message is:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

I attached the problem..

Wish anyone can help me to solve this issue.

A:Help!!! Problem when installing iTunes on Acer

Have you contacted ITunes to see what they said about this ?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/294206-help-problem-when-installing-itunes-acer.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello;i have an acer e1-572g and using windows 10 x64 as oswhenever i go to install the amd crimson to update my r7 m265i get an error something of blackscreen even when i restart windows it's cruch on black screen updated downloaded from amd website latest one 16.7.3 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/problem-installing-quot-amd-crimson-quot-for-acer-e1-572g/td-p/446880
Relevancy 43%

After system restore with eRecovery following persistent malware infestation the system loads software to initial configuration. This process stalls at "Installing Office 2010....21/35" and I cannot bypass it. System reboots normally but this screen reappears and won't allow any other action like Task Manager to get by it. I don't need or want Office 2010 so how do I get around this?

A:After Acer eRecovery stalls on Installing Office 2...

try to press ALT+TAB or CTRL+Shift+Esc or windows key logo+d this will help you to access the desktop and check if any pop-up need a confirmation.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/After-Acer-eRecovery-stalls-on-Installing-Office-2010/td-p/351826/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43%

Hi laptop... my Win7 Issues on Acer installing - I got a new hard drive for my Acer laptop I tried many things in the tutorials to no avail Hard Drive Toshiba mm GB Serial ATA- RPM HDD Laptop Acer Aspire V - P- The last thing I did was I hit Shift-F and run the diskpart command and eventually put in this command as stated in the help forums DISKPART LIST DISK SELECT DISK after confirming Windows target HD CLEAN CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY FORMAT FS NTFS Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop... LABEL quot WINDOWS quot ACTIVE EXIT EXIT It goes to Still I am unable to install Win It says quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition See the setup log files for more information quot whenever I try I see Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop... this quot Load Drivers quot clickable link would I ever have to load any drivers at this point If so what kind where I'm at a loss for what to do BIOS sees the hard drive I can partition it But I just can't install onto it Helllp Thank you JD

A:Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop...

Hi JD,
have a read of this tutorial.
Install Windows on MSATA (SSD) Drive

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398883-issues-installing-win7-my-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 43%

I have an older Acer in which the hard drive crashed. I have purchased a hard drive to repalce , but the computer does not recognize the hard drive, and there is no way to change the settings to anything the hard drive manufacturer says you need to do in BIOS to set it up. The weird thing is that BIOs will recognize the old corrupted hard drive but not the new one. Can you help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-hard-drive-in-acer-1642.870274/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I don't know much about fixing computers and how to explain this so I'm just going to include everything acer gets in the Problem eRecovery way installing win7, that I've done about this problem I have an Acer Aspire laptop and wanted to change from Vista Basic bit to Windows Ultimate bit I put in the Win disc and did the whole installing process But when that was finish and Windows quot finalising quot it fades out and restarted then a File Not Found pop up saying quot cannot find file C Problem installing win7, acer eRecovery gets in the way D D Images WSI when try to determine UI language quot I clicked OKAY then it goes to Acer eRecovery Management with the message quot how would you like to restore quot I chose quot restore system to factory setting quot and I couldn't see it fast enough but there was a table grid saying something about Source Hard disk partition then another message pops up saying quot restore failed - reason xa quot click okay to restart So I restarted and try the other option which is restore system from CD DVD and was told to insert backup disk or system CD I don't have any of those or where do I find it I can't use my laptop now so I can't create a backup disk or whatever acer eRecovery wants Then when the Acer screen starts during startup I pressed F and go into boot Played around with the boot priority order to be able to run the Windows disc again and this is the order that boot up the cd for me Network Boot MBA v Slot USB CDROM IDE MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ QJ IDE Hitachi HTS K SA USB FDD USB HDD I don't know what the other ones does but I moved the 'network boot' up to st Pressed F save and exit enter to boot cd then installed Windows again I chose 'custom' for a clean install and was shown three partitions I don't know what they are until now but I only have a slight idea In the quot where would you like to install quot there are Disk Partition PQSERVICE size gb free space gb Disk Partition Acer C something along that line size gb free space gb Disk Partition D size gb free space gb The first time I install Win I chose Partition D drive because it's the only one with enough space left Then when it gets to the Acer eRecovery thing where it said something about Partition but it disappeared too quickly I thought maybe I should've choose Partition So on the Win Install Windows program I chose Repair your computer and check to see that Win is in my D drive and Vista is in my C drive When I went back to reinstall I formatted Partition my C drive to make room for the installation and have backup all my files on disc But same thing happened acer eRecovery gets in the way at the end and I can't go anywhere else Then I went back to quot repair your computer quot again in Windows Install thing to see that now Vista is gone and Windows has moved from D drive to C drive Does that mean that Windows is completely installed on my laptop but acer eRecovery is stopping me from using it I also went to quot command prompt quot and type in fixboot but it was quot not recognised quot Do I really need to restore If Windows is successfully installed why can't I just boot up my computer and use it Can I get pass this eRecovery thing Everything is in full screen so my laptop is pretty much useless now What do I need to do now Sorry for writing a tad too much S but that's what i tried so far Please help Thank you

A:Problem installing win7, acer eRecovery gets in the way

Try installing from Safe Mode...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69137-problem-installing-win7-acer-erecovery-gets-way.html
Relevancy 43%

I bought a new acer laptop last weekend It came with Vista Home Premium installed but i want to wipe Vista and install my copy of XP Pro The specs of the laptop are Processor AMD Turion X dual-core processor RM- Clock Speed GHz Mb L Cache MHz FSB Chipset AMD M G Memory GB Dual-channel DDR SDRAM RAM Hard Disk GB SATA Graphics ATI Radeon HD Graphics with up to GB HyperMemory Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Up to MB of shared system memory I downloaded all the XP drivers for my model and have them on a CD ready I have also made a factory default backup just incase anything happens to go wrong The problem i am having is that when i try to install my version of XP Pro SP amp Sata drivers included it loads XP 5536-744G Laptop a Installing Acer on up all the drivers then when the hard disk selection screen is meant to apper a BSOD occurs I forgot to write down the error code but i can supply that infomation if needed Do i need to slipstream all the XP drivers for the install to work or are there settings i need to change My computer knowledge is limited so sorry if i didnt supply enough information or if i dont understand your replys Thanks in advance nbsp