Windows Support Forum

Memory expansion or allow Windows to page out to SSD?

Q: Memory expansion or allow Windows to page out to SSD?

Is there any current documentation or whitepapers that illustrate why a customer should upgrade by adding DDR3/4 memory as opposed to believing they will get the same performance by allowing Windows to page out to an SSD drive? Particularly if the software they are running specifically calls for more memory than is currently installed in the machine?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19977512
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory expansion or allow Windows to page out to SSD?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

When I click my homepage to load, it does not load into a full page, it loads into a smaller area, as I have to click the middle box to get it to load full page.

Is there any way tha I can get my home page ( MSNBC.com) to load to a full page every time I click it to load?

Thanks all,
Yer Pal,
Thee

Relevancy 59.34%

I have an ACER aspire 5733.  It came with both memory slots filled, one DIMM0 with a Kingston DDR3 1024mb PC3-10700 (667 MHz) and the other, DIMM1 with a Kingston DDR3 4096 MBytes PC3-10700 (667 MHz).  I'd like to replace the smaller one with another 4gb stick so that it performs a little better, and is more likely to cope with Windows 10, but I can't work out how to idenitfy the right one to buy. Which specification is most important to match. Is the Mhz important ?  Some UK sites don't quote a mhz number on what seem to be the right sticks.  how do I work out what pin I need? any help most welcome

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:memory expansion

Hello, I suggest you to buy this compatible memory module (you'll need 2 units):Corsair CM3X4GSD1066All processors of this model support only DDR3 800 or 1066MHz. The original memory module 1333 or 1600MHz work at 1066MHz.Original processors:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KC.37K01.DMPCPU.I3.370M.2.4G/3MKC.38K01.DMPCPU.I3.380M.2.53G/3M/35WKC.48K01.DMPCPU.I5.480M.2.66G/3M/35WKC.56K01.DMPCPU.I5.560M.2.66G/3M/35W.PGAKC.37K01.DMPCPU.I3.370M.2.4G/3MKC.38K01.DMPCPU.I3.380M.2.53G/3M/35WKC.48K01.DMPCPU.I5.480M.2.66G/3M/35WKC.56K01.DMPCPU.I5.560M.2.66G/3M/35W.PGA

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/memory-expansion/td-p/424529/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I really enjoy this new laptop. Only having this problem with memory expansion.
It currently has a M2 256gb SSD built in, and I want a 2,5'' 500gb HDD in it aswell.
Therefor I need a bracket.
I have found a picture of this bracket, add in attachments.
Found on the following site (picture 4/8): http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/in...grade-options/
In this picture is no M2 slot to be seen.
Looks like only one of these posibilties has been add into the laptop.

Question is; where can I find this bracket, so I can add more memory to my laptop?

Greetings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93527-P50-C-17D-memory-expansion
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everybody. I have a question a bit strange/or difficult! I'm using Dell Dimension E521. I have 4 (four) slots to add more RAM memory. I have it filled with 4 (four) 512 MB RAM modules. I have a feeling that I need a bit more. What can I do? My motherboard supports only 2 gigabytes all together. Wondering if there is anything I can buy (a link for the item please) to add another 2 gigabytes? It can be something what I can plug in to one of my USB outlets. Or do you think the existing 2046 MB of RAM memory is enough for me?
(How difficult would it be to install a different motherboard? I don’t really understand what can I do with a Processor chip itself?)

Relevancy 58.05%

1. Expansion SlotWhat is the expansion slot specification for this model as we would like to add a dedicated graphics card with DisplayPort ? 2. MemoryHow many memory slots does it have on the motherboard ?What type of memory is required ?What is the maximum memory supported on the motherboard ? 

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:XC-704 Expansion Slot & Memory Upgrade

Ok, Sorry looking up the model at Kingston and a couple other sites didn't show your computer and seeing I hadn't seen any I was confused. Based on what I have found maybe a Model from other country.  With that said it looks like it comes with 2gig DDR3L Ram and is Upgradable to 8Gig Also looks like yours comes With 1 PCI Express x16 Slot. I am not sure with the PSU and with that slot if you would be able to upgrade to a different Graphics Card. GPU and size of case would put a huge limit on what could be able to fit...  James

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/XC-704-Expansion-Slot-amp-Memory-Upgrade/td-p/392919
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Can i install 16GB Ram in my Toshiba Tecra R950-104?

Currently i have 8GB and i would like to replace the existing 2x4GB with 2x8GB.

Best regards,

LRP

A:Tecra R950-104 - Memory Expansion

Hello

According notebook specification your Tecra can be upgraded up to 32GB and you can use 4 X 8GB RAM modules.
Compatible 8 GB RAM modules have part number PA5037U-1M8G.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77660-Tecra-R950-104-Memory-Expansion
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I really enjoy this new laptop. Only having this problem with memory expansion.
It currently has a M2 256gb SSD built in, and I want a 2,5'' 500gb HDD in it aswell.
Therefor I need a bracket.
I have found a picture of this bracket, add in attachments.
Found on the following site (picture 4/8): http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/in...grade-options/
In this picture is no M2 slot to be seen.
Looks like only one of these posibilties has been add into the laptop.

Question is; where can I find this bracket, so I can add more memory to my laptop?

Greetings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93527-Satellite-P50-C-17D-memory-expansion-question
Relevancy 58.05%

I was wanting to pursue the memory upgrade for my 6 GB HP-ac143wm...do you have the precise name/type of modules to perform either the 8 GB or 16 GB upgrade? I am a poweruser/programmer and would benefit from more memory. Thanks, Joe

A:Memory upgrade/expansion for HP-ac143wm

Here is the Service manual: Manual p. 2 the Manual says 8 gigs is the max. I personally think it will take 16 gigs since it will take an 8 gig module, but to be safe assume 8 is the max.  To go from 6 gigs to 8 gigs you have to discard the existing 2 gig module and replace it with a 4 gig module.  How to on p. 46: 4-GB (PC3L, 12800, 1600-MHz) 691740-005 This is really only supposed to be done by an authorized technician to keep the warranty, but it is actually not terribly hard to do. There are a lot of screws involved, however so if you are not used to tech work you might want to take it to a shop.  Post back if you need more help. the 6 gig to 8 gig upgrade should be somewhat noticeable and does enable dual channel memory operation which is a bit faster than single channel and the extra 2 gigs is needed by any intensive computing. 8 to 16 gigs might not even be noticeable.  This is the module you need: https://www.amazon.com/HP-691740-001-1600MHz-PC3L-12800-memory/dp/B00CI08FX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=... If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade-expansion-for-HP-ac143wm/td-p/5809692
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone Recently I booted up my computer and reinstalled Win Ultimate and I started having a very big problem Win uses A LOT of memory around MB idle caches around GB and also 7 memory,page of lot lot caches and a uses a a Windows lot gives me BSODs and crashes while playing games anything even older games like Baldur's Gate Deus Ex Thief The Dark Project Fallout and The Elder Scrolls Morrowind ANYTHING Games like Left Dead Dragon Age Origins Fallout New Vegas crash sometimes in less then a minute of gameplay I dont think I have to mention games like GTA Episodes From Liberty City The Witcher and other modern day crap I am in really big need of help and as sooner someone can help the better I'm thinking it might be a memory leak but Windows 7 uses a lot of memory,page a lot and caches a lot sometimes my processor goes mad while starting a new process CPU usage jumps from to randomly but most of the time is normal I'm going to write my specs and going to send a PrintScreen of my task Manger while idle Specs AMD Athlon II X Ghz GB in both DDR slots GB total Sycron DDR - Mhz each memory cant remember exactly but they are pretty weak Asrock N C-S-UCC Motherboard GB Seagate mb Cache RPM Palit Geforce GT GB GDDR standard GDDR version with standard speed I'm most probably going to upgrade those Sycron memories to a Kingston HyperX DDR Dual Channel Kit GB Thanks to everyone trying to help If someone will

A:Windows 7 uses a lot of memory,page a lot and caches a lot

I see nothing unusual in the display.
The memory that Windows uses is by no means a fixed quantity. It depends heavily on what else is running and how much RAM is available. At bootup memory usage is high because there is currently no better use for it. When an application requires a large amount of memory Windows will reduce this as necessary.

A high value for cached memory is a (very) good thing. The system will trim this back if needed.

I very much doubt your problem is related to memory usage.

When you receive a BSOD the very first thing you should do is write down the error code. This will help greatly is determining the cause.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-uses-a-lot-of-memory-page-a-lot-and-caches-a-lot-595481.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys,
I started getting BSODs after installing MSI after burner, os i uninstalled it and ran cc cleaner still i am getting bsods, I installed windows 7 x64 2 days back.

I am using MSE antivirus. and in windows update I am not able to see SP1 update so didnot update yet.

System config in my system specs signature below .

Attaching the error log file.

Hope you guys help me resolve this issue

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD memory management and page fault in non paged area

two of the dump files seem to be identical?

Anyway, all three dump files point to memory management as you stated in your subject.... did you run memtest86+ ? Have you replaced / checked any hw recently?
Could you try to remove 1 mem stick and see what happens (apart from slowing down )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171219-windows-7-x64-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been getting random blue screens for about a month now so I decided I would finally make a forum post about it. A lot of my games on steam always has files missing after completely downloading the games. It seems like a lot of my errors when installing programs are missing files. So I decided it probably is the hard drive messing up so I went and bought a new hard drive but that did not fix the problem. I still have the same problem. I have no idea if it is a hardware issue or a software issue that is causing me to blue screen. I have done windows memory test and hard drive error checking. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Windows 7 Page fault in nonpaged area and memory management (bsod)

Welcome

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.
Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.
If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.
If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check

Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows

Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260039-windows-7-page-fault-nonpaged-area-memory-management-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have been living with some issues for the last months and need help to get the problem figured out I believe I was infected by a virus of some sort on June that has stuck around despite NIS and Malwarebytes scans Any help would be appreciated Symptoms Since the infection I have not been able to automatically or manually update Windows via the Windows Automatic Update tool or by manually going to the Microsoft Update web page Each time IE opens I get error number x EFF quot The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view The options provided below might help you solve the problem quot I can get onto the internet page leak update Windows redirects svchost and blocked, web memory/cpu to any other site It is just the windows update site that seems blocked I have a svchost process that grows with time Windows update blocked, svchost memory/cpu leak and web page redirects until it is using MB of my memory and usually ends up pegging the CPU to - I have viewed the process using Process Explorer and note that the thread start address that peg the CPU are ntll dll RtAllocateHeap x c If I kill those threads I am able to work on the computer for a little more time until the threads peg the system CPU again But the memory usage is concerning me as I need to utilize that memory for my work and I get programs failing because of memory allocation errors which I attribute to this svchost issue I will periodically get redirected to other sites while surfing This happens sporadically It may be a day or two between occurrences But if it starts to happen I restart the web browser to get back to a normal browsing session I am constantly getting warnings that NIS blocked a recent attack when I am browsing The last one was an attempt by teiretorkie com I have NIS and have had it scan the entire system on a weekly basis I have had the following Trojan Horses removed via NIS at AM File Actions vmain class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache ba - b d Deleted at AM File Actions vmain class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache a c - Windows update blocked, svchost memory/cpu leak and web page redirects f e Deleted On computers as of at PM at PM File Actions vmain class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache f - d b d Deleted On computers as of at PM at PM File Actions vload class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache ba - b d Deleted at PM File Actions javaupdatemanager class Contained in c documents and settings the sousley group application data sun java deployment cache bcf - a b Deleted at PM File Actions javaupdateapplication class Contained in c documents and settings the sousley group application data sun java deployment cache bcf - a b Deleted at PM File Actions File c documents and settings lee local settings temp lslj exe Removed at AM File Actions Infected file c documents and settings lee local settings temporary internet files content ie omyd ant n r j rf af bxf bc ayb f z f p Removed Also ran Malwarebytes on and had the following infections Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats b ca - a - d -a df- bb Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE avsuite Rogue AntivirusSuite - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Subsequent runs of Malwarebytes have not found any other issues Thanks in advance Lee XP Pro Ver SP Dell Dimension Pentium GHz GB RAM NIS

A:Windows update blocked, svchost memory/cpu leak and web page redirects

Hi,
That's not good that you let this issue persist for six months. There's some things you should try here. For one, download DR. Web CureIt. Do a google search for that and it should pop up. It's probably better if you run it in safe mode. post back the log when it finishes. note that this scan will take a long time. Make sure that when presented with options, you select cure and then move incurable. After that, look for Kaspersky's free virus removal tool 2010 and run that. That should find some stuff if anything will. kaspersky has very strong find and removal capabilities. Finally, run an online scan with Eset online scanner. You can find it at eset.com/onlinescan. Post back the three logs in your next reply. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Chromebuster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361960/windows-update-blocked-svchost-memorycpu-leak-and-web-page-redirects/
Relevancy 49.45%

Wonderin if someone could take a look at my recent bluescreens from 11/4 and 11/5. Have a feeling its the memory, but the video card is only a week old. 4gb of ram and windows uses 40-50% when idle. Ram too slow? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
-Edit- Reseated ram in other 2 dimms and booted correctly, however something is wrong. I seem to get this error a few times in an hour then disappears for a day, and returns. Sorry for being a newbie

A:Page found in non page area...memory?

Quote: Originally Posted by latexyankee

Wonderin if someone could take a look at my recent bluescreens from 11/4 and 11/5. Have a feeling its the memory, but the video card is only a week old. 4gb of ram and windows uses 40-50% when idle. Ram too slow? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
-Edit- Reseated ram in other 2 dimms and booted correctly, however something is wrong. I seem to get this error a few times in an hour then disappears for a day, and returns. Sorry for being a newbie

Memory and some seriously old drivers

Old drivers

Code:
RTCore64.sys fffff880`08d76000 0x00006000 5/25/2005 02:39:12 0x42941d90 fffff880`08d70000
AsIO.sys fffff880`03ffa000 0x00007000 12/17/2007 05:11:49 0x47663d55 fffff880`03ff3000
RimSerial_AMD64.sys fffff880`0531bc00 0x00007c00 11/24/2008 13:01:01 0x492addcd fffff880`05314000
aswRdr.SYS fffff880`02d46000 0x00009000 11/26/2008 13:16:31 0x492d846f fffff880`02d3d000
aswTdi.SYS fffff880`02cb3000 0x00011000 11/26/2008 13:16:40 0x492d8478 fffff880`02ca2000
aswMonFlt.sys fffff880`03a4d000 0x0001a000 11/26/2008 13:17:21 0x492d84a1 fffff880`03a33000
aswFsBlk.sys fffff880`03a56000 0x00009000 11/26/2008 13:17:29 0x492d84a9 fffff880`03a4d000
aswSP.SYS fffff880`03ff3000 0x0001c000 11/26/2008 13:17:47 0x492d84bb fffff880`03fd7000
vsmraid.sys fffff880`0102c000 0x0002a000 1/30/2009 21:18:57 0x4983a701 fffff880`01002000
ISODrv64.sys fffff880`03fb7000 0x0001e000 2/10/2009 05:22:18 0x4991474a fffff880`03f99000
mv61xx.sys fffff880`010d4000 0x00046000 3/19/2009 23:48:21 0x49c31205 fffff880`0108e000
vpcnfltr.sys fffff880`02dcf000 0x00015000 4/15/2009 01:49:17 0x49e5755d fffff880`02dba000
vpchbus.sys fffff880`053c3000 0x0003c000 4/15/2009 01:49:20 0x49e57560 fffff880`05387000
vpcusb.sys fffff880`05376000 0x0001d000 4/15/2009 01:49:20 0x49e57560 fffff880`05359000
vpcvmm.sys fffff880`03f02f00 0x00056f00 4/15/2009 01:49:22 0x49e57562 fffff880`03eac000
AtiPcie.sys fffff880`01408000 0x00008000 5/5/2009 11:00:22 0x4a005486 fffff880`01400000
spldr.sys fffff880`017ec000 0x00008000 5/11/2009 12:56:27 0x4a0858bb fffff880`017e4000
spsys.sys fffff880`08d09000 0x00071000 5/11/2009 13:20:58 0x4a085e7a fffff880`08c98000
ASACPI.sys fffff880`04397000 0x00008000 5/13/2009 21:25:17 0x4a0b72fd fffff880`0438f000
amdxata.sys fffff880`0110e000 0x0000b000 5/19/2009 13:56:59 0x4a12f2eb fffff880`01103000
nvraid.sys fffff880`00eb6000 0x00029000 5/20/2009 02:39:40 0x4a13a5ac fffff880`00e8d000
Rt64win7.sys fffff880`04200000 0x00039000 5/22/2009 10:52:30 0x4a16bc2e fffff880`041c7000
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriat... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122910-page-found-non-page-area-memory.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The Expansion Power Windows laptop began closing all programs and asking to run a scan of the computer and purchase an update of Windows Power Expansion Attached are requested logs Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Beth at on Windows Power Expansion Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C Windows system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSANHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUNMain exe C ProgramData Panda Security URL Filtering Panda URL Filtering exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Dell Dell WUSB WQ Tray exe C Users Beth AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Beth Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mURLSear... Read more

A:Windows Power Expansion

Hi Im nasdaq.

I suggest you follow the removal instructions from this page.

Read the instructions carefully and proceed to

Automated Removal Instructions for Windows Power Expansion using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Remove Windows Power Expansion (Uninstall Guide)

If at any time you need help before proceeding please ask.

When you can please post the Malwarebytes' log

===

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
===

Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-power-expansion-564972.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I would like to open Windows Explorer with no expansion in the left pane I would like to
see just Desktop with out anything below it expanded..
My Explorer.exe shortcut has this in the target field
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,
Computer expands.
I got the above from :
Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista
How should I change the target?
Thanks
Frank C

A:Windows explorer - No Expansion

Do you mean this? Open windows explorer, at the top left click "organize", choose "Layout", uncheck "Navigation pane" and "Details pane".
Mak

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291732-windows-explorer-no-expansion.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just found out that I downloaded and ran windows power expansion. I need help to get rid of this!Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Uninstall windows power expansion

Take a look here: Remove Windows Power Expansion (Uninstall Guide)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387597/uninstall-windows-power-expansion/
Relevancy 47.3%

I no Windows Expansion - desktop System m new to this forum so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place I was trying to help Windows Expansion System - no desktop a friend that got Windows Expansion System on their computer I followed the instructions for using rkill however I Windows Expansion System - no desktop had to try several different options before I could get it to run I had used the command prompt to copy the file and also had copied the updates manually from another computer to run malwarebytes and had started it from the command prompt When I ran malwarebytes it fixed the system and booted up in safe mode At this point everything looked fine desktop came up with all the icons etc Then I shut down the system and restarted it again I now have NO icons or start menu on the desktop Somehow I missed the following step about fixing my Windows Registry Shell value which I did not do I have since downloaded it and ran it however it doesn t appear to have fixed it I have tried numerous times to get it to work but it does not Could you please advise If I do Ctrl Alt Delete the task manager takes a while to come up but does not show any applications running It does show processes of spoolsv exe explorer exe WgaTray exe svchost exe EvtEng exe svchost exe svchost exe lsass exe services exe winlogon exe csrss exe smss exe taskmgr exe System System Idle Process SYSTEM

A:Windows Expansion System - no desktop

I see the explorer.exe running. Are you seeing the desktop? Or are you just getting a blank screen when you start windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388475/windows-expansion-system-no-desktop/
Relevancy 46.87%

About months ago i purchased seagate TB expansion USB external hard drive all worked well apart from windows dont work 7 expansion 3tb with seagate windows not being able to see that hard drive to do a back up seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work which at this stage im not Concerned with this issue Now i have a Gb SSD with the same OS installed now i plug in seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work the external hard drive into a usb slot amp windows shows there is a seagate external hard drive connected as quot H drive quot but will not read it according to windows the driver is working properly i have uninstalled the usb driver amp reinstalled with no luck i have also tried to open up my computer management but it just freezes whilst i have the external hard drive pluged in i have also plug the external hard drive into all available usb slots with the same issue Now i took the extnernal hard drive into work amp pluged it into a windows XP works great so im now sure there is no problem with the external drive i have also downloaded all the seagate tools for the hard drive amp whilst the drive is plug into the computer the programs just freeze i have done extenive research online to try amp find a solution to this amp cant find anyone with the same problem except one on the seagates forum amp the seagate responed with its a windows problem i will post that link if needed i will upload some SS when i get home from work

A:seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work

seems like other folks have run into this issue also: Seagate Expansion 3TB not useable for Windows 7 Ba... - Seagate Community Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251395-seagate-3tb-expansion-windows-7-dont-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

In Windows explorer I use the two pane view with details no graphics The problem happens when I menu problems windows explore expansion am expanding files trying to locate some thing When the right pane is full in other words there is more information above and below the pane and I click on the file I want to expand instead of the menu dropping down from where my cursor is positioned and staying there every thing jumps up to the top of the pane and on my system it starts with quot Desktop quot So I have to grab the slide bar and scroll down to the file I expanded and go from there I never had this problem when running XP I tried a search and went through about windows explore menu expansion problems pages of post but no body seems to have had this problem yet I'm getting really tired of it Any ideas And thank you so much for all the help that happens on this site Darcy

A:windows explore menu expansion problems

Can you post a screen cap demonstrating the behavior you get and then explain what you would prefer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/156127-windows-explore-menu-expansion-problems.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello every I am having problems with the sims I have yesterday installed the sims with all expansion packs on to it I have a Windows pc it with 2 windows the my (main expansion Having 18 all on pc 7 packa) + problems sims is a Dell Inspiron it has i core processer I have started playing the sims and I have noticed that even though it works I can not do some things such as when I went into boolProp and tried to have my Sim abducted by aliens it did not work and also tried to get my sim to order a service that did not work also I have searched on google Having problems with the sims 2 (main + all 18 expansion packa) on my windows 7 pc already and there is some reported compatibility problems with the sims I tried to run it in windows XP compatibility mode like suggested but that did not work so I got windows to try and find a answer to the problem but it said the sims launcher is out of date has any body got a straightforward answer to how I can get the sims working perfect on my laptop Thanks Jake nbsp

A:Having problems with the sims 2 (main + all 18 expansion packa) on my windows 7 pc

Please refrain from posting in other peoples thread. If you don't get a response after 24 hours of the initial post, just post in this one and your thread will go to the top of the list.

What do you meant by going to boolProp and are you using this to get your Sim to order something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-the-sims-2-main-all-18-expansion-packa-on-my-windows-7-pc.1075109/
Relevancy 43.43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3834 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291066 MB, Free - 246551 MB; D: Total - 13873 MB, Free - 1948 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 89 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1444, 69.37, CNF0250F9F
Antivirus: PC Tools AntiVirus Free, Updated and Enabled
I keep getting a pop up that says web page has no memory line 17 help

A:web page has no memory

Hi and welcome to TSG this is a similar issue to here http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/591447-ie-out-memory-line-56-a.html it may be of somehelp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-page-has-no-memory.1013615/
Relevancy 43%

For the past few days, my PC has been running really slow and when I look at running processes nothing is usually taking up more than like 10mb or so of my RAM. The page file is huge, up to a gig at some points, and it says that my availibe memory is down to around 4 MB. Here's a pic... When I boot in safemode, this does not happen, so I suspect its a window's process? I'm not sure. I've tried hijack this, adaware...etc. Nothing has found it. Please provide some releif! lol. Thanks. Let me know if you need any system information.

Relevancy 42.57%

Ok firstly what to these mean?

and secondly, do they really matter for gaming?

because im using a program called RAMpage that states i have

Total Page: 3432
Free Page: 3218

Total Virtual: 2048
Free Virtual: 2024

thanks

A:Virtual Memory and Page File

Hi there.
Virtual memory and page filling, is where the system using the hard drive for extra memory, when you get to an amount of RAM used.

This can effect gaming quite a bit, dependent on the amount of RAM you have, this is due to the hard drive being the slowest part of a system.

The amount you should set this to, depends on the amount of RAM you have. If you have enough RAM, say, 2GB, then you may be able to switch this off completely. How much RAM do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-and-page-file-137414.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Sony Vaio desktop with a 3.2 Gig processor and 2 Gigs of ram running XP media edition. What do I really need (or am required by XP to have) as a page file? What are the pros and cons of these files? If I leave it up to XP, it sets up a 4.something GB page file which takes a chunk out of my main C drive. Thanks, folks. Larry999

Relevancy 42.57%

how do you view the page file memory? in xp

A:how do you view the page file memory?

Hi buddhafabio,
Try right clicking My Computer, select properties, advanced, performance.
Thats where it is in 2000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-view-the-page-file-memory.165826/
Relevancy 42.57%

or no virtual memory at all.

Probably the most asked question, which I hope I'm asking from a different angle :-)

In one sentence, it should be very logical, when 8 GB RAM is sufficient + adding 8 GB RAM extra= no need for slow HDD swapping.

That is, I have on my W7x64 PC 8 GB of RAM and virtual memory rotating on HD disk. Everything is fine, or for a Windows 7 at least, while I'm suffering of some impatience always, when W7 swaps Lightroom catalog to and from HDD...

But when I add another 8 GB of fresh memory, how to tell windows 7, that no need to use slow HDD as instead there is another 8 GB of extra memory, which Windows could eat or at least to move it's page file to this extra RAM memory?

A:How to tell W7 that extra memory is for page file only

Start > right click on Computer > Properties > on left column advanced system settings > popup will open ant click on settings from performance (first button) another popup will open and when advanced tab and change button and select no paging file > set ok, ok, ok and restart.

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150782-how-tell-w7-extra-memory-page-file-only.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have 2GB RAM and I disabled the paging executive. Shy why is the kernel still showing a value next to paged in task monitor?

thanks,

brian

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/kernel-memory-why-is-it-using-page-file-185874.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I recently due to my stupidity changed my page file's maximum and minimum usage. I've noticed that my performance in games and the performance in computer itself has dramatically changed. For example, after a few minutes of playing a game , the game starts lagging very bad and my fps rate goes rocket high. I have tried many methods of making my page file size go back to default but have failed. Please help me with this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
q8200 @ 2.33 GHZ
2.33 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM
Virtual Memory:
Total paging file size for all drivers: 3071
(I only have one drive which is C
Space available: 120495MB

Total paging file size for all drives
Minimum allowed : 2MB
Recommended: 4606 MB
Currently allocated: 3071

A:Page File / Virtual Memory Help

There should be a check box in the virual memory window
that says something like System managed size.
Check that box then click apply/ok.
Restart the computer.
Windows will automatically adjust virtual memory size as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-file-virtual-memory-help.1028676/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have two GB drives C and D and GB of RAM Win is on C I read that if you put most of the Page File on another drive like D that frees up C to just use it for the OS and your system will be faster I don't know if there is any difference but I didn't notice anything at all by doing this in Win XP I had it set at C Initial size MB - D Maximum size MB - When I upgraded to Win I tried this also and was getting a low memory error Occasionally it would close a program I was using without asking In Win the Page File settings are located at Control Panel System Advanced system settings Advanced tab - Performance - Settings Advance tab - Virtual memory - Change Recommended MB initially I had it the same as in XP and was getting the low memory error with C Initial size MB - D Maximum size MB - So I changed it so that most is on C now and I the File to be error. Most Page on of Low memory needs C:? haven't noticed the error C Initial size MB - D Maximum size MB - Does Win need to have most of the Page File on C How do you know Is this indicated somewhere

A:Low memory error. Most of the Page File needs to be on C:?

If Windows 8 is recommending 2GB, that would mean you have 2GB of RAM installed?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/20465-low-memory-error-most-page-file-needs-c.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When trying to load a new program that needs 16MB of RAM I get a message saying I don't have enough RAM. I currently have 132984MB of unused RAM. If I change my memory paging default numbers to 199476 and 265968 would that work OK? It is currently at 5686-5686 set by a McAfee tech for a different problem. I have a Windows 7 system.

Processor: Intel [email protected]
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB with 3.70 GB usuable
System Type: 64-bit Op System

When in the System folder/ drive list for the C drive shows that amount of available space.

Program is Print Shop Photo Pro

A:Changing memory page default

Are those numbers/units right, 132984MB would be over 100GB of ram ???
5686 sounds more like a real number = 5.5GB
Would system managed not solve the issue, increasing as required, or would that bring back a previous problem

Please fill in your system specs so we know what your running
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303546-changing-memory-page-default.html
Relevancy 42.57%

What is the optimum stting for page file and virtual memory.
Here is what I have.

Intel i7 quad core
6GB of ram
5 Hard drive each 1TB ( I know overload but each one is dedicated to a specific use) music, movies, gaming, and system.

Should I set up a paging file on each drive? If so what size should it be.

Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-file-and-virtual-memory-406449.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hope this is the correct forum. I'm running XP Pro with 1.5 GiG ram. I have my page file set at 3000. With 1.5 of ram I would expect the page file to rarely be tapped, especially for just word docs and e-mail however using the task manager performance feature, I see that I am using a constant 315MB of Page File. Just a straight line across, even when the CPU graph is moving.

Is this the way it is supposed to work, perhaps processes that run only in virtual memory. I have no applications running other than IE and I still have between 285 and 315MB of consumption.

A:Page file and virtual memory

Task Manager does not show the true Pagefile size being used at the current time. It shows the total memory that can be commited to pagefile in case it comes to using the pagefile. Even if you disable pagefile in the system settings, Task Manager would continue to show the PF usage.More information : http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-...11-5071997.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258558/page-file-and-virtual-memory/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a computer with 6 gig memory in Win 7. I have 2 HDs. I have been reading about the Page File/Virtual Memory for years. It includes everything from none for 6 gig memory, 1 to 2 times regular memory, place in separate partition, place4 on 2nd HD...

What, where, etc. do you recommend?

A:Virtual memory/Page File

Hello Funkyecat,

I personally find that leaving the page file set to be managed by the system (Windows) is best.Virtual Memory Paging File - Change - Vista Forums
If you like, the two articles below from the tutorial above can give you some more great details and perspectives about the page file.Mark's Blog : Pushing the Limits of Windows: Virtual Memory

and

The Pagefile Done Right! | Citrix Blogs
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/255666-virtual-memory-page-file.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi, whats the best page file size for 4gb ram memory for gaming, i use windows 7 x64 ultimate and is it moving page file to different partition good, i have one hard disk with page file on C system, boot partition and have logical partition D and E. Thanks

A:best page file size for 4gb ram memory

Hello ljubinko, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It's best to let the page file be managed by the system instead of setting a custom size. This way you do not have to worry about getting a low memory error if you should set the size to low.

It's only worth moving the page file if it'll be to a separate hard drive and not just another partition on the same hard drive. In addition, the other hard drive should be as fast or faster (ex: SSD) to gain some performance with it.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/364815-best-page-file-size-4gb-ram-memory.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there..

Basicaly I want to know what the best settings are for improving my virtual memory and page file etc ect as i only have 256mb of SDRAM. I do have another stick of SDRAM but my pc freezes when i have both in. Also i have heard of some programs that can defrag youyr page file/v memory or something like that. Anyone know the best settings or free memory tuning software. I have plenty of Hard disk space so the size of page file isnt an issue.

Thanks in advance,

Melchiah

A:[SOLVED] Virtual Memory and page file help.

With the amount of RAM you have you should set the minimum size to at least 384MB and the maximum at approximately the value shown in your Total Commit Charge when you have a fair representation of your programs running. You can find this on the Performance Tab in Task Manager. If your Commit Charge is well above 256MB, you really ought to consider getting more RAM as Virtual (Pagefile) memory is slow compared with physical memory and will also increase your hard disc use and therefore wear. Your Pagefile should ideally be on a disc other than the one with your OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-virtual-memory-and-page-file-help-190601.html
Relevancy 42.14%

On a Compaq Presario with Windows XP Home SP2 upgrade. My computer came with 512mb memory. I later added another 512=1gig. My question is, should I change the page size for virtual memory. It is now set at 756mb. I am not having any problems, but read something on another forum that made me curious. Any comments or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Virtual Memory Page Size Setting

You should make it a little bigger.
The initial size should be at least 1.5 times bigger than the amount of physical RAM. Do NOT make the Pagefile smaller than the amount of AID-5 volume. Paging files do not need fault-tolerance, anphysical RAM you've got putting a paging file on a fault-tolerant drive, such as a mirrored volume (installed on your system.

Make its initial size as big as the maximum size. This will avoid writing large files to the HD, which cause a lot of disk activity that will cause performance degradation. Also, since the Pagefile only grows in increments, you will probably cause Pagefile fragmentation, adding more overhead

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82735/virtual-memory-page-size-setting/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone,

I have recently just reinstalled windows 7 after having a virus on my previous installation, I had a few problems directly after installation as I couldn't install any programs due to installers crashing and the odd B.S.O.D. however a forum member told me to do SFc/SACNNOW and that fixed the problem of installing programs however I am still experiencing BSODs on a regular basis, this has happened alot and am starting to think that it is a hardware problem as when I had vista it did the same thing, and before on my previous windows 7 it also crashed alot, this time I would like to get to the route of the problem, I have attached the Z.I.P. file I do not know how to do the system health report though :s how is that done?

Windows 7 64 bit installed 1 day ago
originally windows vista
compaq cq61

A:BSOD memory management and page-non defaulted

Don't worry about the System Health Report right now. If needed we'll revisit it and provide more suggestions.

4 memory dump files with 3 different STOP errors and 2 different causes blamed. IMO this may be the start of a pattern that indicates a hardware problem. As such, let's start with these free diagnostics:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

If all the diagnostics pass, then please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
More info on this at this link: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Thu Sep 9 08:59:11.536 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:22.315
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a012705010, 0, fffff80002ba6f8c, 2}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+100 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Deb... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110104-bsod-memory-management-page-non-defaulted.html
Relevancy 42.14%

All, I am having this issue on my Dell Latitude D410 laptop.

It reboots fine but slowly page file usage increases n reaches 6 GB. My system has 2 gigs of RAM and 4 gigs (fixed) of virtual memory. Page file usage increases till windows starts killing the apps running on the machine.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

I would like to add memory to H s MTM but I think the published Lenovo information is wrong nbsp Can anyone confirm what memory specifications are correct for my machine nbsp Lenovo site http shop lenovo com us en tech-specs desktops lenovo-h s says memory specs are PC - MHz DDR two -pin SO-DIMM sockets nbsp But Crucial scanner reports I need -pin UDIMM nbsp nbsp I correct Is memory - page Lenovo H530s contacted Crucial and they responded nbsp Thank you for contacting Crucial I can see what you mean when you say there appears to be conflicting information between our site and the manufacturers information I did a bit of research though and H530s memory - Is Lenovo page correct am happy to say I have quite a simple solution To start the two different numbers are because laptop and desktop systems take different RAM DDR DIMM desktop modules have -pinsDDR SODIMM laptop modules have -pinsAs there is no laptop version of the H s model the typo lies with the manufacturer and Crucial's data is correct I hope this helps Solved Go to Solution

A:H530s memory - Is Lenovo page correct

Hi dfrap , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

H530s have variants differentiated by individual Machine Number.
SO DIMM may be used not only for laptop but also on mini tower as such is the H530s mini form factor. 
Most ram for home desktop and laptop don't have to be buffered by the CPU that is why the term UDIMM.
204 vs. 240 pin is a different matter since one would not fit on the slot. 

Depending on your systemboard , 204 pin is not exclusive amongst laptop as nowadays we have All in Ones and mini towers .  

Using MTM 57323269 you have and checked it from the parts look up page showing :
Part number : 1100213 M378B5273DH0-CK0 4GB D3-1600MEMORY (which is a 240pin)

Best to do is simply check on the current one you have now on its label (what I usually do).

Update us.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H530s-memory-Is-Lenovo-page-correct/td-p/3281175
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone could help me to lower my cpu usage, page file, and memory usage.

See, I run a CS:Source Dedicated Server from my home PC and I need all the free cpu, memory and page file I can get. I turn off all my programs (IM's, processes, anything I can find.)

So I was just looking for suggestions to lower the usage of these things to dedicate them to my server.

A:Freeing up CPU, Page File, Memory usage

Change the "memory usage" in "System" settings in the "Control Panel" to "System Cache" as shown.

How much memory do you have in the server? Having less than 1GB could hurt it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeing-up-cpu-page-file-memory-usage.57301/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently began a download on MEGA which uses local browser storage I guess before it downloads the file to my actual computer but I get this error every time 10GB of my download is complete saying my html5 offline space is full and to clear it. So I go into chrome://settings/cookies and I see that the local storage is automatically stopped at 10GB but my download is 11.17GB. Is there any way I can increase the persistent storage by 2GB so my download can finish? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Allocating more local memory to a web page on chrome

From Google: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9404813/how-to-view-or-edit-localstorage

That may or may not work, as the HTML 5 Download Manager appears to be an app. So changes may need to be made in the app.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/allocating-more-local-memory-to-a-web-page-on-chrome.1152405/
Relevancy 41.71%

Greetings and thanks for your time The short story I would like to know how to change the page file or cache or virtual memory location and size for Quark Xpress QUARK memory/page Adjusting in file/cache Any information would super Adjusting memory/page file/cache in QUARK appreciated The long story I work on a PC Windows I have Quark Xpress Photoshop Illustrator Pagemaker etc My partner s computer is a Windows XP He primarily does accounting stuff Word Quickbooks etc and runs the business while I do graphic design stuff Our major files are shared on my secondary drive my D drive My C drive has my programs Working on a brochure for a client today I received a batch of images All of them were around - MB One was MB The MB one wouldnt open in Photoshop They are CAD drawings exported and I generally open them in Photoshop and rasterize the generic EPS file but this time it said it could not parse the file I finally got it to open in Illustrator usually this is no problem either and Illustrator will open the file as a vector image but this time I struggled and for some reason it eventually opened I figured I d save it as a PDF and open the PDF in Photoshop I saved it then closed it The PDF was gone I am not lying poof So then I check my recent documents in Illustrator neither the PDF or EPS are listed The file will never open again in either Photoshop or Illustrator The client has to send me a new file I am thinking this file was corrupt and this is exactly when the rest of the troubles began Skip ahead I am working in Quark packaging up the brochure and images to go to print A little extra details I am trying to get it and about other jobs out the door to the printer as I am leaving tomorrow to bring my new born son to meet his great grandparents This is the second-to-last job I have to get out the door I do the quot Collect For Output quot command and Quark crashes I restart and do the same a couple of times Then when I open it again the file turns completely black and white bitmapped the quark file all images in it colored boxes text everything Then it wont open at all Then photoshop wont open My palms are sweaty I reinstall both softwares to no avail I get no serious informational error codes Just a casual quot Quark has generated an error and must close Sorry quot My email Word and other programs are working fine I run scan disk on all disks update my Norton files and run a full virus scan Uninstall Reinstall and so on I called my uncle He suggests that the page file for the biggie programs might be on the same drive as the operating system page file and there may have been a quot traffic accident quot of sorts of too much information sharing a space He then tells me to switch the page file locations for Quark Photoshop and so on so they are not located on the same drive they are currently on and to make them real small It should clean up and repair everything Then open a simple file and resave then restructure the page files so that they are left on a drive other then the operating system s page file drive I was able to do so for Photoshop and now it is working fine I would like to do the same for Quark but I can t seem to find the option to do that anywhere I would really like to be able to leave and go see the great grand folks tomorrow Is there anyone awake that knows how to do this or is there anything else that I mentioned that might alert you to it being a different problem altogether I cannot get Quark to open not even for a second Again any information would be SO helpful Thanks Susan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adjusting-memory-page-file-cache-in-quark.145796/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all I have a big doubt about how would be the quot Optimized Size quot of the Page File to my back-up PC system Its basic spec is Processor P GHz FSB Mhz Motherboard Asus P SDX RAM Amount MB sticks of MB - DDR Video Card Gigabyte Radeon XT Main HDD Maxtor GB - ATA - rpm - Mb Cache Slave HDD Seagate GB - ATA - rpm - MB Cache Last month I have added more MB of RAM sticks of MB but I am not feeling some increase of performance Let me explain better when I had only MB I used to record some logs of performance into Win XP the and Which PERFORMANCE File Best be RAM Memory between Balance Page would usage? as CPU Usage and Memory Utilization mainly when Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage? I was playing some heavy games or other hard tasks as compressing very big files Normally my CPU usage was growing up until reach to and my memory usage was around - what means that only remained around MB - MB of RAM So for me it was a symptom of few memory I was guessing that the CPU usage was so high because there was not sufficient RAM memory amont and my PC was being forced to use much very slower Page Files instead RAM In addition its behaviour was very different from my main PC As an observation my main PC is a P Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage? HT FSB MHz and its RAM Amount is also of MB but sticks of MB - DDR Video Card is MSI PRO and the Main HDD is a Seagate SATA When I record the logs of performance of this last PC playing the SAME heavy games and doing the SAME hard jobs normally the CPU usage do not go above and the memory utilization reach around MB - MB what for me means that this PC is having an OPTIMIZED use of the RAM available Although the DDR is faster than DDR and P MHz is faster than P Mhz this fact would explain a difference so significant Well when I installed more memory in my back-up PC more MB I was expecting that it would go to utilize MORE the RAM that I additioned and LESS of the quot Page File quot in other words I was thinking that it would have a behaviour of CPU and Memory utilization as my Main PC but it didn t happened It s strange because it seems that this PC do quot not want quot to use more than the SAME MB that it was accustomed to utilize before even if now it has more MB available to use I have evidenced this behaviour when I recorded last weeks the logs of performance that I said before So I would like to know what or IF I can do to induce it to use MORE RAM in theory much more faster Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage? and LESS Page File from HDD I have experimented to reduce the MAX Page File Size to around MB into Win XP - My Computer Properties Advanced but I had no success I observed some weird hiccups Does anyone can help me I am not an expert far from this but I think that it can have an OPTIMIZED size of the Page File which would permit to have an OPTIMIZED utilization of the RAM Memory Am I wrong about this Any informattion about this matter would be very appreciated Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage?

Have a look at WinGuides. There are a few registry tweaks that can force the system to use all the available memory before using the swap.

Improve Core System Performance @ WinGuides.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-would-be-the-best-performance-balance-between-ram-memory-and-page-file-usage.17131/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys, I wanna ask something about Windows 7 memory consumption.. We know that Windows provide a feature called Virtual Memory which is a expansion from the Main Memory (physical), and with Task Manager we can see all process within it's memory consumption. And I've found a program called CleanMem from Raymond.cc here.

Is there any program that look a like CleanMem but especially made to free up Virtual Memory? As we know, Virtual Memory always eaten up if we don't close running program for a long time and we can't bring back the used space just like before.

sorry if my English bad...

A:is there any way to free up used space in Page File (Virtual Memory)?

Windows 7 organises memory itself. No other programs are required or desirable.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154340-there-any-way-free-up-used-space-page-file-virtual-memory.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I've had several BSOD before and after a restart everything was ok but this time It gave me memory management error and then my windows don't come up, it just gives me a black page with no option and I just can turn it off by pressing power ,my pc is vio and it was windows 7,last year I upgraded it to windows 10 and I didn't install anything recently,I don't know why this happened

A:BSOD Memory Management and now I only have a blank page with no option

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56747-bsod-memory-management-now-i-only-have-blank-page-no-option.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys, I've been having some BSOD's since forever and I can't open this dmp files so I wonder if any of you might help me. Thanks in advance, I attached the required files.

A:BSOD everytime, page fault and memory management mostly.

New dump file from other BSOD
https://***************/files/1113606...20619-2223.dmp

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235925-bsod-everytime-page-fault-memory-management-mostly.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Because I am getting a message at boot up saying that there is a problem with our page file setting I have been attempting to correct this by XP page (virtual in memory) change Can't setting file via the System Control Panel Following the steps System Properties gt Advanced gt Performance gt Settings gt Advanced gt Virtual Memory everything seems to be OK except Can't change page file (virtual memory) setting in XP that the changes we make in the settings don t stick The computer is a Dell running XP and the problem occurred after a crash and some tweaking done by our local tech support guy down the street He did get it running where it wouldn t even start up before There were a number Can't change page file (virtual memory) setting in XP of other non-fatal anomalies e g Can't change page file (virtual memory) setting in XP desktop shortcuts missing some application related dll s missing not so minor actually and some things previously installed don t work - e g printing to Acrobat - I figure I ll have to re-istall some things It would seem that there is some kind of problem with whatever file s store s this information but how can I fix this refusal to accept this virtual memory setting change Brian O Hara Children s Mental Health Ontario nbsp

A:Can't change page file (virtual memory) setting in XP

Open up the registry by clicking on Start - Run and typing in regedit.

Once you get into the registry you need to look for the following key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

There is a setting called PagingFiles. Double click it and it will open it up so you can change the setting which will look similar to the following.

C:\pagefile.sys 384 384
This tells the system that the paging file will be located on the C: and will be 384mb minimum and 384mb maximum. Just substitute in the numbers that you need to use on that system.

Usually 1.5 times your physical ram should be plenty.

128 megs ram = 192 meg page file

192 megs ram = 288 meg page file

256 megs ram = 384 meg page file

and so on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-page-file-virtual-memory-setting-in-xp.91035/
Relevancy 41.28%

On navigating from one page to another page in windows store app all objects and previous page still in memory,
also the app memory keeps on increasing on switching tabs and switching pages even unregistering unused events and using GC.Collect. App crashes on continuous usage ,
Can anyone suggest an option to clean unwanted memory.

A:How to Destroy previous page while doing page Navigation in Windows Store Apps

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question On navigating from one page to another page in windows store app all objects and previous page still in memory,
also the app memory keeps on increasing on switching tabs and switching pages even unregistering unused events and using GC.Collect. App crashes on continuous usage ,
Can anyone suggest an option to clean unwanted memory. is this on PC? You can reset the store app in settings > system > apps > select store app > advanced options > reset
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438228-how-destroy-previous-page-while-doing-page-navigation-windows-store-apps.html
Relevancy 41.28%

It started a few fault, etc. IRQL Management, Page Memory equal, or BSOD not less - months ago a game that I play often Arma crashes a little while after I got an error saying that my system has recovered from a screen error or something like that I ignored it because it BSOD - IRQL not less or equal, Page fault, Memory Management, etc. was just once I had it more often later on started to look around on the internet for a fix couldn't find any so yet again ignored it and kept on playing Untill yesterday my game crashed again so i restarted the game while doing so I instantly got a BSOD Because I wasn't really impressed had more BSODs on older computers I used to have I rebooted my PC and started the game again leading into another BSOD rebooted now on startup I got another BSOD IRQL not less or equal So I booted into safe-mode looked around on this forum tried to fix it but made it worse while on safe-mode I had a BSOD while doing 'sfc scannow' Now everytime I try to start my PC normally or on safe-mode it just reboots on normal it reboots when shown 'windows is starting' on safe-mode while its loading sys files So I downloaded a windows iso from a Dell site which was redirected to on this forums I burned it onto a DVD on startup it asks if I want to boot from cd press any key I press a key and it goes to a next window showing EMS Windows install or something like that and Tools Windows memory Diagnostic so I choose Windows Install and it shows 'Windows is loading files' the bar goes to and is stuck So I have no way of using my PC atm Desperately waiting for help memtest which I done before resulted gt million errors while stuck on sfc scannow didnt do much since it gave me a BSOD on and the other time it was stuck at I don't have the money to buy new parts for this PC atm so I hope it's fixable specs Intel I GHz Nvidia Geforce GT GB GB RAM x TB HDD I cannot go in safe or normal mode to get any dumpfiles so uhhhm Best regards Martin

A:BSOD - IRQL not less or equal, Page fault, Memory Management, etc.

Welcome to SevenForums.

You ran memtest and it gave you errors so it seems that you found the problem already.

Test the RAM sticks each in different slots of the MB (I don't mean you have to take memtest again). See how the computer performs.

You may also see if changing the speed/clock of the ram helps or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263787-bsod-irql-not-less-equal-page-fault-memory-management-etc.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey all A couple of weeks ago Management video card Memory Page and after Fault installation I upgraded video cards from a Galaxy GeForce that I had put in my custom built from a previous Dell to a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Everything worked fine at first but shortly after installing it i've started Page Fault and Memory Management after video card installation to get page fault in nonpaged area and memory management BSOD's and i'm not sure if that has anything to do with the new graphics card or if that is just a coincidence I tried switching out the RAM to different slots and even did a clean install with Windows but i'm still getting blue screened at random points sometimes i'll be able to get on and play World of Warcraft or whatever else for hours and be completely fine and other times it will blue screen after just minutes of surfing the web I've also tried reinstalling the video drivers and motherboard drivers I'm currently running Memtest on it and hopefully i'll see if it's a problem with the memory or not but any other advice would be appreciated and if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do so i can post the dump files if it blue screens again Thanks Hardware CPU AMD Phenom II Black Edition Motherboard ASUS M A TD EVO Video Card EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX PSU Thermaltake TR W RAM Sector GB DDR x GB Manufacturer is Patriot

A:Page Fault and Memory Management after video card installation

Test this video card with OCCT
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html
Did you update to the latest drivers from Nvidia?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177790-page-fault-memory-management-after-video-card-installation.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I got a new laptop with Windows Vista back in March. It's the first time I've properly/regularly used the OS, and I noticed that instead of visually graphing the Page File usage as it does in XP, it does this for the Physical Memory. Is there any particular reason for this, does Vista make less use of virtual memory and more use of physical memory in contrast to XP?

The laptop has 4 GB of RAM. This desktop (the XP machine I have) has 2 GB of RAM.

Thanks.

A:Vista records physical memory instead of page file usage?

PF usage in xp doesn't represent the paging file. Memory is virtualized, so virtual memory is both physical ram and paging file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-records-physical-memory-instead-of-page-file-usage-397468.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys

My new i7 system has been running not a day without a BSOD
Everytime i get crashes which contain message which make me think it is the memory

But after 3 new sets of 16 Gb memory i really am now clueless which part is messing up.
The big question is what is failing.
I even had that when i tried enter the bios the whole screen from bios was frozen.

At one monent i installed windows 8 rtm to see if the problem would appear in win 8 Which is now confirmed it does crash win 8 as well.
The question still remains what is causing the constant bsod's
I attached the needed SF file

A:Constant crash with page fault and memory controller errors

Hello bronan.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Follow it manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Post it after the next system crash, following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268806-constant-crash-page-fault-memory-controller-errors.html
Relevancy 41.28%

All I built my PC in Ever since I have been having intermittent FAULT AREA PAGE MANAGEMENT - NON and MEMORY IN PAGED BSOD BSOD problems I've found that if I put the computer to sleep instead of shutting down when it boots stable it will remain stable Otherwise I have BSOD crashes - minutes after booting I've run memtest after crashes and had it report errors but if I remove the RAM re-insert it and run memtest no errors will be BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA reported It also typically remains stable if I boot after inserting the RAM Anyway this is getting to be a pain and I'm trying to BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA work something out I BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA posted before and the last piece of advice I received was as follows quot That is not unusual electronics are just that way when memtest shows errors it means there is a problem Even if it doesn't show any errors the run before and the run after An error with X GB installed and then no errors with X GB installed usually indicates a timing and or voltage adjustment is needed It is still possible that the RAM is faulty let's try some adjustments and see if it will run stable CPUZ is showing your CR at T go to BIOS and select T again save and exit BIOS Then check CPUZ Memory tab and see if it says CR T Go to DRAM timings and change 'cycle time tRAS ' to this will be the th item in BIOS -DDR Timings Items When changed it should read for the first timings Bump your CPU NB voltage to v or as close as you can get it to that number Save and exit BIOS Then run memtest again both RAM cards installed for a minimum of passes best to run overnight quot Having done this memtest reported erros Should I just pick up some new sticks of RAM or do you think this is something else Thanks for all the help Tom

A:BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8004764b30, fffffa8004764e10, fffff800037cb0d0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310674-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I built a computer last week and everything seemed to be going fine until earlier this week when I had a BSOD while surfing the internet and running Folding Home on my CPU and GPU I didn't BSOD Memory Page Fault Pool Bad Management, Header, think much of it until I got another BSOD the next day maybe while playing DiRT The first two BSOD's gave me the Memory Management error so I downloaded Memtest and ran passes with no errors I then got another BSOD while trying to play the Kerbal Space Program Demo and running F H on both the CPU and GPU This gave me the quot Bad Pool Header quot error I tried several things after this BSOD including flashing the motherboard BIOS to a newer version and uninstalling and reinstalling my video card drivers I also ran a GPU memory stress test and a minute Furmark stress test on the GPU thinking BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault it might be my problem No issues I booted up the computer today thinking that my problems might be solved and left the computer running all day with F H on full on the CPU BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault and GPU I started the KSP Demo again and got the Page Fault BSOD within about seconds of opening the game I'm at a loss as to what to do next Thanks for taking the time to read through my issues and a big thanks for any help you can give

A:BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault

Hi waharvey.

Before doing anything else, uninstall AVG following http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus is failing.

Let us know the results. Will decide about the further steps after seeing it.

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8006662d80, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgmfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgmfx64.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323599-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-page-fault.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I just bought my new laptop 1 month ago, but BSOD occurred for many times. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? the minidump files are attached here. Thanks for helping.

Window 7 Home Premium

System

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP G42 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370
Total available graphics memory 2746 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1722 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.771.1.0
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Network Adapter Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

This is the first time that I've experienced this error(s) resulting in multiple BSODs. So far, I've tried clearing my cache, removing adware and scanning my files using sfc/scannow but the error(s) still persists. Hope that I can get some advice/help on what I can do to remove the error(s) here. =(

A:BSOD (Memory Management, Page Fault in Non-paged Area)

Hi Xenoda.

First of all, the msinfo32.nfo file included in the zip is not complete. So we are not having some very important info there. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file again.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
In the mean time, as the BSODs are memory related (may be a failing RAM or may be any driver passing bad info to the memory), Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the result.
check iaStor in the msinfo32

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338477-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So for a long time now probably going on over a year I've been wrestling with my computer I should get a new one and just start from zero but I can't afford that right now so I'm hoping that I may be able to get some help here Essentially my computer crashes a lot sometimes randomly and sometimes with noticeable patterns It's sometimes a BSOD usually Memory Management sometimes Page Fault and I got a Driver IRQL a long time ago and sometimes it's just a flat hang with a stuttering sound repeating until I do Fault BSODs Multiple Page Memory and Management Crashes, and a hard reset Something I've noticed lately is it crashes more often when I have Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault flash player up for some reason or another but especially for streaming videos There's also been a couple of times where first firefox and or the flash plugin will crash then the PC will run for a bit but if I try to bring firefox back up it will hang or BSOD I've gotten crashes for other reasons though In addition sometimes when I start the PC up it won't post saying a BIOS checksum failed and that it can't detect a keyboard That's usually solved by restarting it once or twice more I've had other various errors in the past but that's the majority of it and what's been happening recently The following is the steps I've taken so far Run Memtest overnight and for hours at a time no errors Run various hard drive checking utilities no errors Run chkdsk on both hard drives I've gotten the occasional bad sector but hasn't changed crashes afterward Reinstalled Windows both repair and clean I've also done sfc scannow afterward and everything was fine Removed Daemontools Avast replaced with MSE and several other bad programs Run CCleaner and various registry fixing tools I've had registry errors but cleaning them hasn't helped Run Full virus and malware scans both originally with Avast then with MSE and also Malwarebytes no viruses Replaced the Motherboard Graphics Card and CPU at various points since the problems first started not always as an attempt to specifically fix it but worth mentioning Updated the BIOS on the replaced motherboard and replaced its battery Reinstalled Flash and kept it updated just in case No luck Similarly I've kept all my drivers up to date and use Windows Update regularly I'm at my wit's end trying to find a way to make my PC stable Any help or insight would be appreciated Logs attached per the forum instruction but that only has the last one due to the aforementioned reinstall and cleans If I get a new BSOD I'll update it

A:Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault

just analysed the .dmp files and what really concerned me was this bit at the endof the dump file:

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

this and a few other things in there indicated possible corruppted memory, if this is the case I would reccomend backing up all files IMMEDIATELY and then, just to confirm what is happening, run memtest and get back to me with results

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368916-multiple-bsods-crashes-memory-management-page-fault.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi

I have had my MSI GE60 for approx a year, I have had these problems from the start, but less frequently. The memory management BSOD occurs randomly, while the page fault in nonpaged area happens mainly after the laptop was in sleep, hibernation mode.
I have checked the drivers they all seem to be up too date.

Please help

Attachment 53354

A:BSOD memory management and page fault in nonpaged area

Your bluetooth is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Please uninstall the Killer Network Manager - a known cause of BSOD's on MSI systems.
More here:

At times the Killer Network Manager may cause BSOD problems:

NOTE:Link thanks to blueelvis (15Oct2014): https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178064.0 This is a method for removing all the network software and only installing the driver. Perfect for those issues that can't be resolved any other way!

NOTE: See this link first: BSOD while playing on msi gt70 dragon edition 2 (thanks to kaelaan) It appears that the Killer Service problem was solved with the latest release of the Qualcomm versions of the drivers (so try updating to a version dated from later in 2014).

The Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service/KillerNetManager is known to cause BSOD's. Please follow the workaround instructions here:

First, open the Run dialog (Win + R keys) and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Scroll down and locate the "Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service" and right click on it. Select "Stop"
Right click on it again and this time select "Properties"
In the dropdown box for "Startup type", select "Disabled", then click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the window

Next, open Task Manager (right click on TaskBar and select "Task Manager")
Click on the "More details" dropdown (if present)
Click on the "Startup" tab
Scroll down and locate the "KillerNetManager" entry, right click on it and select "Disable"
There may also be an Install Shield (with the Killer gaming K next to it), if so Right click on it and select "Disable"
Finally, restart the system in order for the changes to take affect.

At times the Killer Network Manager will continue to load. If so, it's usually listed in the MSINFO32...Software Environment...Startup Programs section. If it is, please try this:

It may be that the instructions aren't stopping everything.
In some cases, there's a program running out of the Program Files/Program Files (x86) directory.
"c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" (NOTE: killer~1.exe is most likely killernetmanager.exe)
In other cases, there's a program running out of c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Here's some things to try
1) Please see if there are any entries in the Startup tab of Task Manager that are related to Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer Network Manager (and NOT the card itself) and disable them (please let us know what you find) Be careful as the wrong selection can disable the network card.
2) Check in "msconfig" for any entries that aren't in the Startup tab of Task Manager. Let us know if you find any Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer entries there (we'll disable them differently if they are there).
3) Locate the "c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" and rename the .exe to .BAD (the killer~1 is actually a filename that starts with killer and ends with .exe) There will be an error in event viewer, but it'll stop the bugger from loading.
4) Locate the "c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe" entry and rename the last .exe to .BAD (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Just FYI - here are the MSI workaround instructions: MSI USA - Online Technical Support FAQ

Out of 24 memory dumps there were 8 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. Th... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56584-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I built my computer about six months ago and have been having sporadic BSOD problems since day one. I have tried everything I know to do and gotten nowhere. I'm running 7 Professional x64 retail, and this is the first install of it. My computer seems to give me a BSOD within a few minutes of booting up, sometimes it is memory management, other times it is page fault in non paged area. I have ran whocrashed and it has almost always pointed to nfts.sys or ntoskrnl.exe. I've ran memtest 86+ 4.10 for 4 passes and found nothing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

- Tom

A:BSOD - Memory Management and Page Fault In Non Paged Area

BSOD errors: 3B {c0000005}, 50 (Pool corruption), 24 (ntfs_file_system).

Update drivers listed bellow and if crashes persist test your hardware - memory, hard disk, video card.
~~~~~~~~

Majority of your most recent crashes were caused by the ATI driver 3B {c0000005}:

atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 07 04:47:17 2010

The latest is August 26 2010. Update it. Uninstall the ATI driver and software completely. Boot to safe mode and sweep ATI remnants with driver sweeper Guru3D - Driver Sweeper.

Update:

atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 07 04:47:17 2010
ATI

SCDEmu.SYS Mon Nov 09 05:27:29 2009
PowerISO

athurx.sys Tue Jan 05 05:23:16 2010
Atheros Wireless CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43 Network Adapter

Ensure that all clocks are set as recommended by the manufacturer. Test your memory and the video card:

FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature

You have other recent crashes caused by fileinfo.sys and ntfs.sys bugcheck: 24. Check your hard drives for errors:

Disk Check

HDD diagnostics:

HD Diagnostic

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\D M P\101110-20436-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (3 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e8ee50
Debug session time: Tue Oct 12 05:09:56.332 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:18.002
Loading Kernel Symbols

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800498e141, fffff88005cfda40, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+38a141 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff8800498e141, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88005cfda40, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - <Unable to get error code text>

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+38a141
fffff880`0498e141 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx]

CONTEXT: fffff88005cfda40 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88005cfda40)
rax=fffffa8005d00a80 rbx=fffffa8005d00a80 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffffa8005f593f8 rsi=fffffa8005f59020 rdi=fffffa8005f59418
rip=fffff8800498e141 rsp=fffff88005cfe410 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118872-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys, just got a new PC.

Board: Sabertooth P67
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
Grafics: Asus Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)

The thing is.. at first it installed allright with everything inside.. then it crashed like 2 times and i didnt bother too much.. until i couldnt log in anymore. i tried rising the voltage on the RAM to 1.52.. changed the Command Rate to 2.. but OS dont run with both plugged in.. i can only run OS with only 1 stick plugged.. i already interchanged them.. they both work fine (ie. no BSOD) single.. if i put them both plugged OS dont run (it stops when its loading windows.. ie. windows logo dont appear and it doesnt move anymore)

Hope this helped you understand,

CrYser

A:Memory Management/Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

SABERTOOTH-P67 BIOS 2103 improves memory compatibility and system stability. What is your bios?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208776-memory-management-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I keep getting BSOD at random times. Sometimes it crashes while I am not even doing anything. I have tried to reinstall windows couple times with different versions of Windows 7 x64. I have attached the mini dump files. Please help. Thank you

A:I keep getting Page fault in non page area BSOD on Windows 7

Hello,

I suspect bad RAM. Try testing it, using this guide:sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Sorry about the non-parsed link, I had to edit it to avoid detection by the forum software, which apparently prohibits new members like myself from posting links.

Firefox.exe was running in 2 dumps, which makes me suspect a network issue. Remove Norton, as per these directions: jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

Replace it with MSE: microsoft.com/security_essentials

Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Debug session time: Thu Oct 28 21:38:56.276 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:45:02.587
BugCheck 50, {fffffa81856a0358, 0, fffff80002a8fb9b, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+27f )
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:59:36.070 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:01.382
BugCheck 1A, {5002, fffff70001080000, 2704, 2785fffffffe}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2971c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5002
PROCESS_NAME: sidebar.exe
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:57:40.689 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:36:04.000
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400202d8, 0, fffff80002aec2e2, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Sun Oct 17 13:09:16.691 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:32.002
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400543b0, 0, fffff800028d12e2, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-keep-getting-page-fault-in-non-page-area-bsod-on-windows-7.155688/
Relevancy 40.85%

Encountered these two bsods within 15mins of each other. Now am currently running memtest86+ with one stick. If i have no errors on either stick, does it still mean my ram is error free? Do i need a change? I've reformatted the PC just 2 months back because of these two same issues too.

A:BSOD: Page fault in non paged area and Memory Management error.

Hi,

Please reconfigure windows to collect the correct info
You want small memory dumps - "MiniDumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

And here are the instructions for posting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Tip
Ensure you click the "GRAB ALL" button and then wait for each window to appear in turn and then click OK

For your RAM, run memtest with all the modules in place to start, if errors occur
then follow section 3 in the tutorial.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304358-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area-memory-management-error.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello guys. please help me with my BSOD problem. currently i can only see these two error messages (as per title) every time my laptop went bluescreen.

i have acer aspire 4741G with Win7 Home Premium x64 pre-installed

attached is minidump file

thankyou people!

A:BSOD error:memory management (i think) and page fault in nonpaged area

Welcome

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267002-bsod-error-memory-management-i-think-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My Dell PC started getting regular BSODs a couple of weeks ago and is now crashing several times a day. I can't detect any correlation with what is going on at the time - sometimes it falls over straight away, sometimes it will run fine for hours.

I have run MemTest repeatedly but it has not shown up any problems.

Amongst the errors I have seen are Memory Management, and Error Paging a Non-Pageable Area.
I have attached the dump files extracted using the tool - if anyone can tell me what is suddenly causing this to happen I would be very grateful!

Geoff

A:Repeated BSOD - Memory Management, Attempt to Page a Non-Pageable area

Hi Geoff2000,

I have analyzed the blue screen dumps and it appears the root cause is ntoskrnl.exe file. It is a operating system core file and the error might point towards a corruption in the file. I also found that the blue screen error code was 0x0000003b. It is usually a graphic's driver (display adapter/video driver), other possibilities include but are not limited to antivirus/antispyware/security programs and even memory (mapping).

BCCode: 3b 0x0000003b

Cause

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Resolution

I would suggest you to run inbuilt Dell diagnostics to check the system for any hardware faults :
Power on the system
Press F12 when you see Dell logo
Highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
Note down error messages, if any, and share the findings

If hardware diagnostics pass, the issue might be related to OS or software/drivers. You may try to update the chipset drivers from Here and graphics driver from Here and see if it helps.

You may also try updating the video drivers directly from manufacturer (nVidia) Here.

If the issue persists, you may check and clean the system from any dust on fans, memory, video card, motherboard etc. You may also try reseating memory and video card. If it doesn't help, try using the system without video card to isolate whether video card is point of failure or not. You may refer to step by step instructions in XPS 8100 service manual Here for reseating/removing components.

Note : Please follow the safety instructions given in manual before removing any parts.

Please reply with the findings. Will take it further from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306145-repeated-bsod-memory-management-attempt-page-non-pageable-area.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I m having a problem with my computer and I was wondering if anyone can help me Recently my computer has been having this recurring problem It will be working fine one minute then suddenly slow down and struggle the next According to task manager something Page crawls Virtual mysteriously, Memory up filling File / system is eating up the page Virtual Memory / Page File filling up mysteriously, system crawls file during these times It goes up from to gigs Virtual Memory / Page File filling up mysteriously, system crawls in no time almost a straight vertical line then after a while back down to again just as abruptly These intervals of high usage don t coincide with anything I m actually doing - they seem to occur arbitrarily even when I m not running anything at all In fact nothing listed under Processes appears to come close to even a fraction of this pagefile usage Virtual Memory / Page File filling up mysteriously, system crawls - the biggest one was mb and added together the processes wouldn t have cracked megs of memory I know memory is different from virtual memory or the pagefile though so this could be irrelevant http www phlegthon com test pagefileproblem gif Above is a screengrab of this occurence It isn t entirely accurate to the normal problem because windows increased my page file during a virus scan due to low memory but should give the general idea Most of the minor fluctuations can be explained with the programs I was opening closing at the time For example I was running a virus scan early on and later then opened outlook and so on The image is a little big but I thought I d leave the CPU stuff in just in case its somehow relevant though generally speaking the CPU can be very low the entire time the computer experiencese one of these episodes I can t think of any software I d ve installed in the past few days that could have initiated this chage And as I said I virus scanned my HDs so I don t think its a virus and I scan for spyware daily so probably not that either The only thing I can think of that could have marked the begining of this trend was that a few days ago I maxed out my C drive to almost full and it stayed that way for a short time until I freed up some space on it I dont see how that s relevant but there you go Here s a few things about my system if it helps Windows XP Athlon megs of ram Radeon gigs on C gigs on F drive Mostly use this machine for games and the internet There s probably more info that would be helpful so if you can think of anything let me know Thanks for reading I appreciate any input nbsp

A:Virtual Memory / Page File filling up mysteriously, system crawls

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-page-file-filling-up-mysteriously-system-crawls.237096/
Relevancy 40.85%

New to the Forums, but not new to these errors. been having them for a while now, it's one or the other and happens about once a day or so, but with the fast restarts and such it never sets me back too far, but I still wish to fix this all.
Included is the SF file for your looking purposes.

A:Power Driver State Failure and Page Pool Memory BSODs here

Hi FlintWebber & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided a summary of them :-

Code:
**************************Mon Jul 28 05:57:53.652 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe000e73cd8e0, fffff800b0d098b0, ffffe000e4c69010}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_usbaudio_IMAGE_usbccgp.sys

BIOS Version V30.1

BIOS Release Date 12/06/2013

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Jul 25 20:08:24.645 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe0000fdda660, fffff8000ce998b0, ffffe00010b36a60}

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

**************************Fri Jul 25 06:44:42.971 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vrtaucbl.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vrtaucbl.sys

Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters+5 )

BugCheck 50, {ffffe000cb262008, 0, fffff801abee1dd9, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

**************************Thu Jul 24 17:26:11.654 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe0013f1a58e0, fffff803376998b0, ffffe001418ad090}

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

**************************Wed Jul 23 18:39:11.179 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vrtaucbl.sys

Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters+5 )

BugCheck 50, {ffffe000c291c008, 0, fffff8011dbb4dd9, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

**************************Tue Jul 22 04:42:06.324 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50839-power-driver-state-failure-page-pool-memory-bsods-here.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a 2007 HP Pavilion that originally had Vista and I started getting BSOD and most were related to ntkrnlpa.exe. I erased the hard drive and updated to Windows 7 professional the other day but the blue screens continue.

I've uploaded the zip file generated from the SF diagnostic tool. HOpefully somebady can assist with the issues.

THanks,
Kevin

A:Frequent BSOD, Memory Management, Page Fault, Driver IRQL, etc..

Welcome to SevenForums

Test your hard drive: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it: Disk Check
Test your ram sticks RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263358-frequent-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-driver-irql-etc.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer has started playing up the last couple of days...

It keeps on bringing up a blue screen which says 'page fault in non-paged area"
"Beginning dump of physical memory"
"physical memory dump complete"
then i cant get the computer back on, and i have to switch it off.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix it?

At one point i thought it was my usb mass storage device, but i removed that from the computer and unplugged it and its still happening...

When i turn my computer on it says "your hardware might not be working properly" but i dont know what hardware they are talking about...

My boyfriends been messing around on here downloading lost or something, could that be it??

Thanks, if anyone can help me. Im worried its going to go off halfway through my work and il lose it all.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I think I'm correct in saying that this is my first time posting to a forum with regards to my BSODs Amazingly I haven't had any until now So over the past month I've been getting some issues with various BSOD's popping up and I think it is either a motherboard or memory issue or both however I was looking to try and confirm my suspicions I bought a new PC about months ago i K Asus P Z -V Corsair GB x GB DDR Mhz Vengeance SSD etc and it seemed to run fine apart from the fact that when the PC boots up from cold it is unable to start the network card Code Cannot start device is shown in the device manager I ignored this as I generally tend to sleep the computer rather than shut it down I also thought it might be fixed in a later BIOS driver but it hasn't If you're wondering how I get on to the internet I have to uninstall the driver in the device manager and refresh the listings This seems to re install the driver and start the NIC - all fine On to the BSODs well these Page Fault. less equal, IRQL Memory not Mulitple or - Management, BSOD all seem to point to memory But I was hoping if I could get some Mulitple BSOD - Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, Page Fault. assistance on proving that it is or is not the memory at fault I know I'm going to have to run a mem-test but I was hoping to get some tips before I do as I was planning on running mem-test on each stick for a good few hours So some help and points before I do this would be a real big help I've included the required zip file as highlighted in the guide BSOD - Posting Instructions as a side node this is a really awesome tool Obviously all help is appreciated and if any further information is required let me know P S The PC has not been overclocked and is running on BIOS default settings thanks Luke

A:Mulitple BSOD - Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, Page Fault.

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

Also, test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight, per RAM module per slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264209-mulitple-bsod-memory-management-irql-not-less-equal-page-fault.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I have been dealing with all sorts of BSOD's for a long time now and dont have the money to just buy another computer so any help would be nice. They happen at random times ie: playing WoW surfing the internet or just while the computer is inactive. Thanks for any input

A:Multiple BSOD Bad pool header, memory managment, page fault plz help

Welcome
The cause of your BSOD appears to be a driver. Take Verifier test
Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Send all reports of BSODs that occur during the next 36 hours, while using verifier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244491-multiple-bsod-bad-pool-header-memory-managment-page-fault-plz-help.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have just bought some new memory, 2 x 1 gig, inserted it and ran the test. I get one error in the Stride38 test. Address expected is different to the one returned.

I know which chip it is, should I send it back, or is this 1 error acceptable for the system?

Thanks for your response

A:MEMORY UPGRADE - Windows Memory Diagnostics Flags 1 Stride38 Error

please read the sticky about upgrading memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-windows-memory-diagnostics-flags-1-stride38-error.49174/
Relevancy 39.13%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be or motherboard Windows Memory Diagnostic: problem? stuck in memory a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? DVD drive or USB key and then gives up Maybe memtest isn't compatible with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? Windows installation the UEFI boot menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device DVD drive or USB key and then gives up motherboard in stuck Windows Memory problem? memory or Diagnostic: Maybe memtest isn't compatible stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During Windows installation the UEFI boot stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm posting in the XP forum because I was under the impression that I had/have windows XP. The complete message is

"Windows NT has found only 495K of low memory. 512K of low memory is required to run Windows NT. You may need to upgrade your computer or run a configuration program provided by the manufacturer"

The computer is a 2001 or 2002 Dell Rev. A03, It won't load windows and I can't seem to access any boot menu. I have not made any changes to the computer's hardware.

A:Windows NT has found only 495K of low memory. 512K of low memory is required to run..

Windows XP is of the Window NT File System (NTFS) family. Download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the tests with ONE stick of RAM in at a time. testing individually. If you get any errors, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-nt-has-found-only-495k-of-low-memory-512k-of-low-memory-is-required-to-run-630264.html
Relevancy 39.13%

To 7 running total min. memory "memory leak?" few a Windows after at explorer.exe start I have Windows on Sony Vaio laptop I have been working on the issues with the malware removal team but now machine looks clean I am still having issues When starting the computer and going to the task manager I can watch explorer exe start at about K memory usage and then grow constantly until it is running with almost all of the computer s physical memory after about seven min I cannot get the context menu to show up after a few min by right clicking on anything I had been experiencing quot freezing quot while playing Eden Eternal an online role playing game before that which made me consider malware and seek help here at BleepingComputer The freezing has ended last time I played on that Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" machine at least but now there seems to be some issue with the explorer exe taking all of the memory I haven t been using the machine since I don t trust that there s not something running in the background that shouldn Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" t be In resource monitor there were quot connections quot that had quot - quot for both the name and the PID but I don t know if that was the malware of if that s normal somehow Issue with explorer exe seems to be limited to only one user account and not the other one That is to say that if I log on one of the other accounts explorer exe behaves normally as far as memory usage Previous topic linked here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Topic before linked here as well http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html

A:Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?"

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473377/windows-7-explorerexe-running-at-total-memory-after-a-few-min-memory-leak/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have windows 8 on a Lenovo desktop PC with an AMD A4 5000 APU 1.5 GHZ., 4 GB ram. 
I downloaded a game called Rohan Blood feud a month ago and every so often this common error comes up after clicking my character after I log in. memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read. the error itself is hit and miss, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. I have narrowed it down to three possibilities. Game guard the hacking prevention system built into the game is not compatible,not having enough ram to process the game request at the time i try to run the game or There might be an issue with AMD catalyst control system being out of date and is interfering with my game. Is there anything I can do besides uninstalling and re-installing the game? I have done this 3 times and it is only a temporary fix since the error is back after 2 game plays. 

A:memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read error in windows 8

if it helps i downloaded the game from the Gamepron mirror, which i believe is a mirror in Australia even though it is English.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521176/memory-0x77-at-referenced-memory-cannot-be-read-error-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 39.13%

k, i have a motherboard that doesnt support sata hard drives. if i get a pci card for it would it be the same speed and performance as a motherboard with it built right in.

thanx

A:expansion

No mate it wont, SATA built onto the boad runs at 150 ATA theoretically but the add in cards are still limited by the PCI bus which impose the same limit as IDE chips so the most you would get would be 133, personally I never found a difference with SATA built in until I put 2 drives in a raid stripe.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/expansion-10153.html
Relevancy 39.13%

My notebook g6-1279sl - QJ553EA # ABZ comes with 6 GB of RAM; I wanted to know if I can expand it to 8GB taking off the bench 2 and adding another 4gb bench.As in the various sites of memories, this model can not find it, there are those who can tell me the exact model of RAM compatible with my notrbook?Thank you !

A:ram expansion

Dear Customer, As per the System Board Architecture, your unit can only support upto 6-GB of memory. Please go through the below Maintenance and Service Guide for clear underatanding: PAGE 11 AND 12http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02968997  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ram-expansion/td-p/5827699
Relevancy 39.13%

How do I expand my C drive??..Here is a pic of disk management..

A:Expansion

25GB is the recommended disk space for a window 8 consumer preview install, your C: drive just isn't big enough unless you wipe your OS that's all ready on it and you wouldn't want to do that, only install windows 8 on a test machine or as dual boot install in my opinion.

It looks like you have enough space on your E: drive where you could create a 25GB blank partition and then you could install Windows 8 consumer preview there, if not then get another or bigger hard drive.

You could also make a ghost image of your C: drive, get a bigger C: hard drive, reghost your C: drive back onto the new bigger hard drive and then create a blank partition on it of 25GB or bigger and install windows 8 there, that's above my head though and could be kind of hard to do.

hope something helps

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/4659-expansion.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I need more USB outlets on my machine. Currently there are two and are used for a modem and printer. I was thinking of a Belkin product but would like some advice on whether it is better to have one externally powered to avoid extra load on the machine. Any thoughts out there please?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hello! My PC doesn't have additional slots for RAM, I was wondering if I could use a hard drive from an old computer to expand it... is this possible??

Relevancy 39.13%

have 4 ide devices on my home pc. I have heard of ide expansion cards that allow additional devices to be added (I have 2hd's and a cd and cdrw) I would like to put the cdrw on its own port. Can anyone explain how this works - or point me in a direction where I can find the necessary info.
thankx

A:ide expansion

Yes- An IDE Controller card will add 4 additional device capapbility- one I am familiar with called Promise Ultra 100, TX2- but there are others. Use any search engine for "IDE Controller Cards" should get you needed info. Installing the Promise Ultra 100 is fairly easy if you follow instructions. You may not have any spare IRQ's with 4 devices already. Should be some information in the search articles about this. Cost is around $25 at most PC supply sites. Bought one at computer show for $23. Most use PCI slot- sure you have one that is free- and not the shared slot.
When installed, they show up as a SCSI device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ide-expansion.77287/
Relevancy 39.13%

How do I expand my C drive??..Here is a pic of disk management..

A:Expansion

25GB is the recommended disk space for a window 8 consumer preview install, your C: drive just isn't big enough unless you wipe your OS that's all ready on it and you wouldn't want to do that, only install windows 8 on a test machine or as dual boot install in my opinion.

It looks like you have enough space on your E: drive where you could create a 25GB blank partition and then you could install Windows 8 consumer preview there, if not then get another or bigger hard drive.

You could also make a ghost image of your C: drive, get a bigger C: hard drive, reghost your C: drive back onto the new bigger hard drive and then create a blank partition on it of 25GB or bigger and install windows 8 there, that's above my head though and could be kind of hard to do.

hope something helps

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/4659-expansion.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics multiple times (1GB Ram = 2X512), sometimes it reposrts errors, and sometimes not!

I'm running two OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64Bit, where I'm encountering bad performance, and Windows 7 32Bit which runs smoothly.

I'm not sure if it's really a memory damage or something else. I upgraded lately my CPU from Intel Pentium 4 506 to Intel Core 2 Duo 7500 (compatible with my mobo), when the BSOD appeared again and again.

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Memory Diagnostic Reports Memory Problems

Hello TheHero2012, welcome to SF!

For better mem testing use:
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.
Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-memtest86
-------

Sorry, should have read better. W7 64B will not run on just 1Gb of RAM.
If it runs ok on the 32B then there is prob nothing wrong with the ram itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184142-windows-memory-diagnostic-reports-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guysI have been trying to install microsoft flight simulator x since yesterday and I was having errors all the time It was giving an error about Simconnect and after doing some research I resolved it by installing SDK and Simconnect manually but now I have another problem Whenever I click fsx exe it says quot This version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running Check your system information to determine if you need bit or bit version of the file and contact the publisher of the software quot Also I cannot install Acceleration expansion pack As I click quot setup quot it says quot Simulator X Acceleration Flight (x64) cannot X: Cannot ultimate install expansion on and windows Flight 7 play Simulator Flight Simulator X Acceleration requires english version of Flight Simulator X quot and it quits installation By the way I already have the english version of the game I am running Windows Ultimate Edition x I have Nvidia Geforce GTX Intel Core i GB of DDR Cannot play Flight Simulator X and cannot install Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion on windows 7 ultimate (x64) RAMI also use Norton Internet Security I wish I can find a solution here

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/641b3933-3c3a-4077-8a1e-e271b3c19a95/cannot-play-flight-simulator-x-and-cannot-install-flight-simulator-x-acceleration-expansion-on?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an expansion slot, and I was wondering what goes in there? I know it's a stupid question, but I never hear much about it.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
I'm new user at this forum, and needs your help.
Actually, I want to expand my network by adding one more 8 ports switch, to an existing 16 port gigbit ethernet switch.

please tell me how it'll be done? the compelete procedure, crossover or straight cables will be used ? or how the computers connected with 8-ports switch and 16-port switch will interact with each other, file sharing etc.

Currently, DSL connection is using for Internet.
and i also want the other computers to use the internet.

Kind Regards,
Qadeer Ahmed

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys,
I just bought an Expansion Drive from Stapples which is Seagate 1TB :

How to use it in the best way, i mean the safest way for it like :
Should I copy and paste or cut my data frequently on it ?
Where should I place it ?
Should I unplug it's power source when i'm not using it ? or just leave it ?
Should I unplug it's USB cable from PC when not using it ?
etc.
Need advices.
Thanks Guys,
Wayne.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey, i have the age of empires expansion, if anyone knows how i could play on zone.com without having the original cd please post.

Cheers
Matt

A:Age Of Empires 2 Expansion

Nothing to see here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2-expansion.368263/