Windows Support Forum

HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi...

Q: HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi...

HI everyone nbsp We have a USB redirection problem with HP t thinclients In our site we use Xenapp with HP t t and t clients Some of our t clients have a signal nbsp recorder conected to an USB port nbsp This USB recorder needs to be redirected manually on the thinclient USB Manager Devices This redirection stays on until a profile or software update After the client reboots for the second time the USB recorder is not redirected anymore nbsp USB recorder class is Human Interface Device HP after redirecting USB profi... stop devices thinclients HP t410 t has the latest firmware Z A nbsp I tried -different usb ports same issue- t thinclients with the same issue-force redirection of class USB devices nbsp from profile editor root usb Classes Human Interface Device State changed from to -different registry setting from profile editor nbsp This issue is fixed for HP t and T with the force redirection of class usb devices The and thinclients use firmware levels T X and T X nbsp Did anyone else seen this Is there a way to force redirection of a USB device based on PID and VID Or will be released any more firmware updates for t HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi... nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp Cata nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-t410-thinclients-stop-redirecting-USB-devices-after/td-p/5629549
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Guys
I'm not so clued up about how to use forums but I tried looking for similar problem here for a solution but nothing.
every time I plug on a new USB flash/external HDD or mobile phone it gives me a message "device was unsuccessfully installed" now I cant access any removable device. yet all my old devices still work.

Please help!!!

A:Unsucessfully installed usb devices win 7 64 bit

Hello there,
Have you tried to update your USB Host controller drivers? If updating doesn't work reinstall them.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsucessfully-installed-usb-devices-win-7-64-bit.208840/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have around external HDDs some I use for Wii games some for PS games They are not originally external usually any HDD of can devices None external my detect taken out from PC or Laptop Various producers WD Seagate This morning I played GTA V using one of them I use cables for SATA ATA HDD adapter and the USB cable I bought new ones few days ago so I don t think connection is problem Besides you can hear them spinning and PC pops up message about a None of my devices can detect any external HDD usb malfunctioning and in Driver Manager it shows Unkown device until I unplug it Problem started when PS couldn t load HDD It shows USB icon like it s trying to load but it s gone and it doesn t load any files I tried other HDDs that haven t been ever plugged in laptop or PS using my main PC with windows xp SP and Norton Antivirus It doesn t load at all Disk management also doesn t load All devices load USB sticks without problem But suddenly none of these HDDs can be detected even in Seatools and I don t see a connection between these HDDs like how did they all out of sudden start behaving like this nbsp

A:None of my devices can detect any external HDD

You might want to have a look at this program;
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/drivetools_e.html
On that site, scroll down to the 9th black heading; Drivecleanup.zip
It runs as a DOS command, I use this once every few weeks to clear out the USB history, which might be why your PC is having trouble connecting to all your external HDDs. I have used this for years, very useful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/none-of-my-devices-can-detect-any-external-hdd.206788/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi folks,
I am new to to TECHSPOT,please bear my ignorance.
I want to use my laptop for downloading purpose.I like to download movies and documentary films and watch them later.
Can you guys suggest me a laptop model with their specifications so that I can go for it an buy the same.
Which will be a better option an AMD or an INTEL processor

My usage would be say 8-10 hours daily which would include 2-3 hours of watching downloaded movies, surfing various websites and of course socializing a bit.and this would be almost a daily affair.

A:Non stop usage of laptop

Any laptop will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/non-stop-usage-of-laptop.203262/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello
I have an Acer E1-571 suddenly I have an X on my audio controller icon on home page and no audio devices in control panel. I have tried installing sound video and gaming controllers and then tried to install update but it says best already installed and still no Audio.
Any and all help greafully appreciated and many thanks in advance

A:Audio Disabled no audio devices windows 8

Look for audio drivers on the motherboard CD delivered to when after purchasing your system. If you can't find it or don't have mobo CD around, navigate to manufacturer website and download driver for audio device from there.

Good luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-disabled-no-audio-devices-windows-8.202541/
Relevancy 27.09%

Computer is a Dell OptiPlex 3100
OS is Win7 Professional

For some reason, ANY USB device I try to install is not recognized. Only existing USB devices.

I first noticed it when I tried installing a USB stick. In device manager I get an error 28 under properties. At the time I pretty much shrugged my shoulders. I should point out that the same USB stick work fine in other computers including an identical computer to the one I'm having trouble with.

Tonight I tried installing a different keyboard. I have the same problem..Windows doesn't install the driver.

Other USB devices (mouse, old keyboard, USB stick of a different brand, etc) work just fine.

It's almost like something is preventing Win from recognizing ANY drivers. Something disabling plug-and-play?

I've Googled until my head spins. I sure hate to call Dell (PC is still under warranty)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-recognize-usb-devices.200080/
Relevancy 22.79%

The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L645.
I have encountered overheat issues recently and I thought it was the dust that clogged around the fan. I did the clean up and up everything back. I manage to boot up the computer and reach the window dekstop but the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop.. Somehow, after a while, the fan worked and spin for quite sometimes.. Then again, the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop and eventually my laptop overheat again.

IS the problem arises from the fan itself, or the thermal sensor problem? Im not sure.. pls help me =(

A:Laptop heatsink fan randomly stop working

I would replace the fan first, it is cheaper than a motherboard and laptop fans are known to fail. You can get the fan on EBay cheaper...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html?_trk...toshiba+satellite+l645+fan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-heatsink-fan-randomly-stop-working.200017/
Relevancy 27.09%

SORRY FOR ALL THE BACKGROUND INFO So I have had the same router for years now Belkin f d - and whilst its had its problems over the years its generally been okay On my home network I have my Sony Vaio and my Asus a ps both my iphone and my samsung tv as well as my mum s acer netbook and her galaxy s My iphone is a few years old now and has for some time struggled to consistently connect and stay connected to the wifi my asus had some problems but they were hardware related and I fixed them a couple of months ago The acer netbook had been connecting to the wifi fine since my mum was Devices up brain teaming my and to fry router given it when a few months Devices and router teaming up to fry my brain ago it suddenly wouldnt connect and no matter what I did to the settings of the laptop or router it could not be solved as my mum is not heavily reliant on technology we got her a long ethernet cable as a short-term fix A few weeks later I wanted to use the internet functions of my samsung tv so I took the cable from the netbook as my mum wasnt there at the time When my mum returned she complained about me Devices and router teaming up to fry my brain having taken the cable but then found her netbook was working over the wifi again since then it has stopped working with the wifi again My vaio and ps have never suffered problems before and my has only began to struggle since being water damaged SORRY FOR ALL THE BACKGROUND INFO About days ago I was in my kitchen where the wifi barely reaches and therefore paid no attention when my vaio lost connection and wouldnt regain it It wasn t until the next day when I realised there was no connection still that I decided to investigate After restarting the router and relocating to my living room the problem was solved Then yesterday I became ambitious and tried to find a solution for the iphone not working over the wifi either THATS WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG I now since last evening cannot get my vaio to connect to the wifi no matter what I ve read other solutions on the internet and whether they dont solve my problem or ive implemented them wrong nothing is getting the wifi back It either displays as LIMITED CONNECTIVITY or as an UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK with NO CONNECTION through ethernet cable though there is absolutely no issue PLEASE HELP ME I also have a BT HOMEHUB although im with TALK TALK so if someone knows how I can flash the homehub then that would also be a solution for me UPDATE My asus works although it also had an unidentified network I managed to get rid of this by disabling the windows miniports I tried the same fix on my vaio but it had no affect Managed to get my vaio to identify the network by assigning the ip myself rather than automatically but this also did nothing in terms of getting me connected Moderator note Do not shout please - All caps nbsp

A:Devices and router teaming up to fry my brain

With the iphone I would try to forget the wifi network under your settings and then trying to reconnect it. They have weird issues like this often and that usualy fixes the issues. I have also have seen issues in the past with how my wireless routers have been configured. I have seen issues with mixed mode configurations and such. Can you send me any information on how your wireless router is configured?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/devices-and-router-teaming-up-to-fry-my-brain.199677/
Relevancy 22.36%

Our ISP recently updated their hard ware to work with the Sprint network Note our ISP is not Sprint but the local phone company Our Hardware Internet DSL highest speed available Modem Comtrend ISP provides Router Belkin N Computer yr old Dell running XP - service pac - wired connection Kindle Fire first edition no HD etc - wireless connection Xbox - wireless connection Issues Xbox - went from constantly bumped from Xbox Live game by losing internet connection to not being able to enter a game at all Kindle - went from occasional quot network error message during online tasks to having to restart download multiple times or refresh page for most any or all online tasks Computer - have to click refresh to get most any page to load after the home page What we ve tried so far I have recently cleared the cache on both the computer and Kindle XBox s new security measures have been met My questions Do any or all multiple issues devices Multiple over of these issues seem to be related Is there a piece of equipment or something we may be missing to make all of these things work I am a networking novice Who should I call to get these issues corrected my ISP or a tech service Note if I start with the ISP and they do not find an issue I have to pay for the call nbsp

A:Multiple issues over multiple devices

First. You should try to NOT use a wireless connection for any type of gaming: PC, Mac, Console, etc. If you can hard wire the xbox you'll be waaay better off than using wireless.

Now... Yes, the issues could be related - there maybe an issue with the Belkin N router. I'd try to first reset the Belkin router to default settings, check on manufacturer website for instructions how, most routers you can press a "reset" button w/ a paperclip or ball point pen. Reconfigure the Belkin router, recreate the wireless network and see how everything works. If you are still having issues, humor me and connect the Dell directly to the DSL modem, bypassing Belkin router. See if you still have connection issues, if you do then it could be the DSL modem that is the problem and call your ISP to replace. If you don't have same issues then it's most likely an issue with the Belkin router. Replace it. Don't buy the dirt cheapest router at the store, but you most likely don't need the most expensive one either. Find a good middle ground router, ask sales associate to assist you accordingly.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-issues-over-multiple-devices.198798/
Relevancy 27.09%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.199330/
Relevancy 27.09%

I m gathering components for Other - & Devices PSU Motherboards, compatability Memory, my first PC build And guess what I have a few questions The rig will be a dedicated gaming rig primarily racing games might get into flight sims Looking for reliable gt fps at or just below p single quot - quot display Will keep my current PC for non-gaming duties budget limit less the display and peripherals Will get into Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability OC but conservatively and not right away Don t expect to go SLI but might eventually Components bought or en route Corsair Carbide R mid tower ATX Win -bit Home Premium SP OEM disc Core i - K Mobo Asus Z -A LGA HDD TB WD Blue And looking at Gigabyte GTX GB prettly much decided - bang for Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability the buck and sufficient Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability for purpose price going down and rebate this month Memory GB x GB DDR SSD GB Crucial m SATA Gb s I like the price doesn t have to be the best looks like immediately installing latest drivers should take care of reviewers complaints ODD Lite-On iHAS - PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series TX M W modular subject to further research but I like this From the Asus web site I ve downloaded the Memory Qualified Vendors List QVL and the Devices QVL Too much information and not enough The memory list is extensive the devices list is not My central question is how important is it that I select memory from the Memory QVL and likewise the PSU from the Devices QVL Just looking at the devices list it is clear that not being on the list does not mean a particular part won t play nicely with the Z -A The Corsair PSU selection is very limited What should I focus on other than price Thanks for your help Frank nbsp

A:Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability

I presume then, that although it may be somewhat important to be guided by the Memory QVL (simply because it seems so comprehensive), the Devices QVL can be ignored. Will proceed accordingly.

Frank

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards-memory-psu-other-devices-compatability.196130/
Relevancy 18.49%

TLDR Graphics card and wlan card randomly stop working I ve Wlan time? working time from card and card to Graphics stop posted this on other forums Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? so far no help so heres my problem I use my computer on average - hours a day I usually play games or im surfing the net now sometimes Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? my wlan card and my graphics card just stop working they both dont appear in the device manager I cant plug in my monitor through Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? the graphics card coz the screen just stays black and the wireless internet icon on the bottom right of the windows screen just says quot no connections available quot Im not on this but it seems like this occurs after playing games for long periods of time im pretty sure the games I play arent too heavy for my system empire total war skyrim etc I took my pc to the repair shop before and everything was working fine when they tried it I dont think its a problem with the wlan or graphics card coz sometimes they work perfectly then suddenly they just stop working when this happens it usually gets fixed when I wait for a day open up the pc and clean everything then perform a system restore I have no idea whats wrong Is everything compatible could it be overheating could the motherboard be faulty Its very unlikely that both these parts just stop working at the same time Noteworth -Sometimes when the wlan card stops working the light on the card itself isnt lit up but sometimes it is -These problems dont always occur at the same time Specs Motherboard Asus M N T-M LE V Graphics Radeon HD Wlan card D-link DWA Processor AMD athlon II x PSU Cant see the brand I think its a stock PSU Max watts Thanks for the help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-and-wlan-card-stop-working-from-time-to-time.195964/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know how (if possible) to make it so that my laptop does not automatically change screen brightness when plugging in or unplugging.

You see, there is a brightness setting that is saved for plugged in and unplugged, and when you change between plugged in and unplugged it reverts the screen brightness to that saved level.

For example if you have it unplugged and you set the screen brightness to 100% then plug it in, it saves the unplugged screen brightness to 100%. Now when you're plugged in you change it to minimal brightness. Later when you unplug and leave the screen brightness will revert back to 100%.

I'd like to disable this automatic screen brightness change.
Thanks for reading.

A:Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Which OS are you on? Say you were on Windows 7 there is a setting to change the brightness, but some laptops don't work with these settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-laptop-from-changing-screen-brightness-when-plugging-in.190506/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I recently tried to install a Kodak Phe rinter on my laptop however when I was installing the printer the Laptop crashed and gave me a BSOD I on devices doesn't recognize USB laptop unplugged everything re-booted the laptop and still got the BSOD I was able to solve this by doing a simple system restore under safe mode So far so good however USB doesn't recognize devices on laptop Everytime I try to plug in a USB device into either of my USB ports windows says that the device has not been recognized and is malfunctioning and windows has stopped it There is clearly power going through the ports as if I plug in Wireless adapter the light USB doesn't recognize devices on laptop on the device comes on I have checked under the Device manager and it shows that the hardware is working properly I have checked in the registry and the USB ports are set to quot quot under the start option which means that the USB should start as normal My laptop is an aspire running windows home premium Just wondering if I have missed anything out somewhere thanks in advance Ronan nbsp

A:USB doesn't recognize devices on laptop

Hey odriscoll27. I assume your USB ports were working before you tried installing the Kodak printer. Do any USB devices now work in any ports?. Don't connect that printer to any other pc until you find out what caused this. I would first try uninstalling the ports in Device Manager, then reboot and let Windows reinstall the drivers and hopefully it will work. If it does work, check/try another printer cable and try installing it again. Is your Win7 OS at the SP1 level?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-doesnt-recognize-devices-on-laptop.189933/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently purchased a new computer for my business It is a Systemax SYX- operating on Windows I operate three small CNC controlled machines with it The machine input is via serial cable which I have connected to the computer with USB to serial adapters I have operated these machines in the same configuration with older pc s that had far less devices dropping USB keep out power than this one without any issues but this one keeps USB devices keep dropping out dropping the usb connection The computer is plugged into a amp circuit that has nothing else operating on it other than the monitor and speaker system I have checked and tested the circuit for wiring issues circuit breaker issues and power draw which have shown no problems with the circuit The problem begins when I use a small paper shredder connected to the same a c circuit I can hear the usb connection drop by the familiar usb disconnect sound and the connection to one or more machines is lost when the shredder is operating When I unplug each of the usb adapters from the computer I get another disconnect sound and then plug them back in The connection is restored and I can communicate with the machines once again There is not a single adapter that fails or a single usb port I have tried every combination of usb ports available on the computer with the same results No other devices fail that I can tell such as keyboard mouse or printer They all appear to remain connected unless they are re-setting themselves A couple of days ago I added a small refrigerator to the circuit and now it appears that when the fridge compressor kicks in the usb connections drop as with the shredder Do I have a problem with the computer power supply that will not deliver enough power for the usb ports or could there be a loose connection or board The specifications show that is has a quot watt Bronze Power Supply quot As I stated before I have had the same CNC machines connected with the same usb-serial adapters as well as two dongle security keys keyboard mouse and printer connected to other less powerful computers and never had any issues like this Am I asking too much from the usb power supply or something It has twelve ports and two ports available which I have tried all of them with the same results I am using seven ports to include two for the dongle keys which I can t imagine would draw any noticeable power I am not a computer genius so if this is something simple that is easily solved someone please let me know how to do it If not I guess I ll have to have a little talksee with the salesman that sold it to me nbsp

A:USB devices keep dropping out

I'm not an expert on this, so perhaps wait for someone else's thoughts before doing anything. But I can tell you what I think is happening and what I would do.

I think that the compressor kicking on/shredder motor are generating some electrical noise on that circuit and your Power Supply Unit (PSU) is unable to properly handle the noise. That is a little disconcerting in itself.. but on top of that USB is 5V and hard drives also use 5V this makes me concerned about what that noise and/or voltage drop/spike is doing to the hard drive PCB.

What I would do, is plug your computer in to an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS), they are supposed to kick in if an undervoltage, overvoltage, or significant electrical noise is encountered. That should solve your problem. However, it is going to be somewhere around $50 or more (you can get cheaper ones, but I think the minimum that should be purchased is one that will interface with your computer, the real cheap ones won't). You can have your shredder and fridge on the same circuit still, but I would advise against plugging those devices into the UPS itself. The UPS will likely have 1 line of outlets that are not on the 'battery backup' side, and they obviously should be isolated from each other, but I would feel more comfortable if your fridge and shredder were not plugged in to the UPS unit at all.

So, if you can talk to your salesman, I would suggest to him that you think you need a better quality PSU. If he's going to charge you more for a better one (which he probably will), keep in mind that if the increase in price is more than the price of a UPS it probably isn't worth it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-keep-dropping-out.189782/
Relevancy 27.52%

I know this is a much discussed subject but I haven t yet found a thread with the answers I need My problem started with a refurbished PC I bought earlier this year It had a Gb HDD which sounded fine and it is running Windows Ultimate The HDD was formatted with two USB not devices loading partitions C and F Everything worked well enough to start with but I soon realised that not enough space had been allowed for the C drive - only USB devices not loading Gb For various reasons I couldn t go back to the supplier so I carried on thinking it would only be a slight inconvenience as I could direct software that defaulted to C to install in the F drive That worked OK for a time until I downloaded some stuff that would not divert and the provider said it could only run in the C drive so it was useless to me I then concluded that I needed to re-partition it After some unsuccessful searching I found Mini Tool Partition Wizard that was able to tackle my problem I successfully removed partition F and merged the space gained with C thus providing more than enough capacity Having done all this I discovered I had quot lost quot one of my two external HDDs that I could not connect to my camera or my GPS running watch and that my memory sticks were not recognised Probably my Tom-Tom won t connect either but I haven t yet tried it A Google search found what appeared to be a solution that was published on this site last year that involved uninstalling USB drivers and then plugging the equipment back in as at their first use This the instructions said would enable the equipment to reinstall itself when plugged in I did it wrong at first and succeeded only in quot losing quot the second HDD and my Epson DX USB printer A second shot paying meticulous attention to the instructions restored the HDD but not the printer I had downloaded a set of Windows drivers for the printer when I acquired this PC and switched from Windows XP Professional to Windows so uninstalling and reinstalling them returned the printer to working order almost What that means is that every so often the printer is reported as not being ready to print but rebooting the PC seems to cure the problem I am now left with the PC not acknowledging the presence of the camera the Garmin Forerunner watch the memory sticks and one of the two HDDs The odd thing is that having carried out the USB driver cleanup procedure and plugging the bits and pieces back in the PC reports that Windows is now installing each item as it is reconnected But they still don t show up anywhere I will just add that when I disconnect the devices I do so at the device end as to reach the back of the computer involves squirming around awkwardly under the built-in desk unit but I read somewhere that disconnecting at either end is equally good The camera the memory sticks and the running watch are usually connected via the front sockets I look forward to hearing from you Alan nbsp

A:USB devices not loading

First,
​​​Unplug the USB device, and then plug the device back into the computer or hub.
if still not working...
Second,
In RUN, type : Devmgmt.msc
The device managaer opens...
On the Action Menu, click Scan for hardware changes...
Then ur PC should recognize ur USB device...
Third,
Restart ur computer...
Hopefully these three methods should work...​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-not-loading.188301/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have windows 7 64bit pc. im trying to have good security, however my pc is returning pings. ports are in stealth mode, need instruction to get pc to stop returning pings,,,thanx

A:Stop returning pings

The important issue is to stop PING from the wan side of the router - - the Lan side doesn't matter at all (ie web users cant access it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-returning-pings.187511/
Relevancy 27.09%

Two terminology questions
1)What is the name of the device many people have in their home that allows them to connect multiple machines to the internet wirelessly?
2)Just because multiple machines share the same network connection (I.e. same internet connection) does that mean they are in a network? For example if my laptop and desktop connect to the same [insert word from question 1 here] it doesn't really seem like they are on a "network".

A:Terminology regarding network devices

A network is connecting two or more devices together for communications between them. Whether its a simple cable connecting two machines or a switch connecting five machines, its still considered networking.

Switches are multiple network ports that will share a network connection between several computers at one time by switching between the ports. A switch does not consist of a Wide Area Network (WAN) port used for connecting to Internet Service Provider (ISP). There are Wireless Access Points bundled within some Switches.

Wireless Access Points (WAP) are specifically what the name implies, they do not include switch or router functions.

Routers are needed for ISP connections through the use of a WAN port. A Switch and WAP has independent functions which can be found bundled within a Router.

You have an option of purchasing all three network components bundled together within one package of you can purchase them all separate as individual network components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/terminology-regarding-network-devices.183740/
Relevancy 22.36%

hi guys,

i just need help for the cursor of my laptop...when i opened my laptop, windows already opened (windows 7 ultimate), then the cursor(mouse) doesn't stop moving (circular), in this case i cant open any files from my laptop, even firefox since the cursor continuously moving,...hope you could help me on what to do to stop moving the cursor.....thanks a lot

sincerely,
phey

A:My laptop cursor doesn't stop moving (circular)

Try booting into safe mode. Start tapping the F8 key from the moment you switch on, when the menu appears use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and hit the Enter key.

Let me know if the problem still exists in Safe mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cursor-doesnt-stop-moving-circular.178917/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've been experiencing bottleneck, i think cause of my processor being so weak).
I've come up to this processor Core 2 Duo E6550, would it stop the bottleneck ? or is the bottleneck caused by something else ?

PSU is 500W (and its of average/good quality) all voltages are right and the Molex to PCI are all conected, the problem is hardware wise.
Using Windows 7 Home Premium.

I need an answer in a few days. Thanks in advance

PS: I play MW3 with only shadows off (90fps), but Metro 2033 with 30-40 :c when it should be 60 with my gfx card. This makes me almost certain that it is the CPU.
But if you see that the problem may be from the Ram or the MOBO, plz warn me

A:Upgrading from E5700 to E6550 would stop bottleneck?

Well you didn't mention one important thing. What resolution are you playing at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-e5700-to-e6550-would-stop-bottleneck.177382/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi

I got my laptop last week and and yesterday the sound stopped working. The laptop is a ASUS G53SX: i7-2670QM 2,2 ghz. 8 GB RAM. GTX 560M.

I have tried to update/re-install the drivers without any luck. I have also tried system recovery and still no sound. The latest software that I have installed is Adobe Production premium 5.5 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I have checked the playback settings and the only device showing is Sony-tv 1. I also checked for deactivated and disconnected devices but still only Sony-tv.
Please help

A:Internal speakers not showing on playback devices

go to asus support website and download sound/audio driver according to your laptop model and OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internal-speakers-not-showing-on-playback-devices.174469/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi All -

I'm helping a friend in need whose HP Pavillion p6320y does not detect any devices during startup. I.e., the brief startup shows memory being found properly, but when listing drives 1 - 4, none are found.

Looking in the bios, and noting all settings for drives, then reloading default settings (hoping for bios corruption) gave the same result. All the settings were the same after resetting to default (and no drives were found).

The PC was working yesterday and was running Ubuntu off of a CD.

Hard to imagine what could be wrong outside of a motherboard problem, but then that's what I'm asking. Any other reasonable things to try?

Best Regards to all,

David

A:BIOS does not detect any devices

fulo said:

Hi All -

I'm helping a friend in need whose HP Pavillion p6320y does not detect any devices during startup. I.e., the brief startup shows memory being found properly, but when listing drives 1 - 4, none are found.

Looking in the bios, and noting all settings for drives, then reloading default settings (hoping for bios corruption) gave the same result. All the settings were the same after resetting to default (and no drives were found).

The PC was working yesterday and was running Ubuntu off of a CD.

Hard to imagine what could be wrong outside of a motherboard problem, but then that's what I'm asking. Any other reasonable things to try?

Best Regards to all,

DavidClick to expand...

The bios has probably been setup to use AHCI or onboard RAID functionality. In those cases, HDD manipulation will be handed over to the appropriate software sitting on the boards ROM. So, it'll definitely not show up in bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-does-not-detect-any-devices.173624/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello guys this is a problem I ve been dealing with devices audio No installed for quite some time though I never really tried to No audio devices installed solve it until a while ago The main problem is this I wanted to post a pic of the icon but I couldnt due to lack of posts its the speaker icon with the white cross on the red background icon showing up when I right click it and go to volume mixer it tells me there are no audio devices installed I ve tried multiple things to solve the problem I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them didnt work I removed my onboard sound card with device manager and plugged in an usb sound card to see if that would solve the problem didnt work I went to device manager removed the onboard sound card then had device manager look for uninstalled hardware it reinstalled the onboard sound card but didnt change the no audio devices installed thing Is there something left I can try to do I d appreciate any bit of help I can get PS Im using a Windows Vista if there are any specs you need to know about just ask Btw when I look in device manager or control panel -- gt Sound there is never a problem stated I dont use speakers and usually have headphones plugged in Also when I start a game like Skyrim it quits and tells me Skyrim needs a sound card in order to run even though there s definately one onboard not working though nbsp

A:No audio devices installed

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.173350/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is my computer:

H67A-USB3-B3
Inet Core i3-2100
4GB 1333MHz Kingston
?Caviar Blue 1TB SATA III
Nvidia 430GT 1GB
390W Cooler-Master

I am not using the USB 3, I am using only 4 USB connections for mouse, keyboard, video cam and 1TB External Drive(not always).

Thank you.

A:USB stop working after playing games

make sure the usb drivers are installed still. right click my computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager. see if there are any missing drivers. if there are, install them.

~ttm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stop-working-after-playing-games.172753/
Relevancy 23.22%

My Acer Aspire One D E notebook is only a couple of months old and has started turning stop to know laptop off itself randomly? Anyone my turning how itself off unexpectedly First I noticed when I closed the lid it started to turn off rather than just sleep When I opened it up I would get a message on a black screen giving me the option to restart or Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly? delete something to restart sorry i didn t really understand this message only the second option worked and just seemed to have the same effect as restarting but quicker Now it also turns off randomly when I am using it I don t think it is over heating there is no sign of this It turns itself back on straightaway without me having to do anything The screen just suddenly goes black and has a small white flashing line in the top right corner then reboots itself all programs closed and unsaved data lost but working fine again as though I just turned it on I d be grateful for any advice thanks a lot nbsp

A:Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly?

Sounds like some sort of power problem.

If it's only a couple of months old you should call up and get it checked under the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-how-to-stop-my-laptop-turning-itself-off-randomly.170541/
Relevancy 23.22%

My mic in TS and Skype mixes together what I'm listening to like music, game sounds, etc., with my speech. I'm using a headset, so I know it's not because of volume. How do I fix this?

A:How to stop mic from playing speaker sounds?

mute your mic in the playback section in your sound options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-mic-from-playing-speaker-sounds.168846/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have had many issues with this comupter, but my Dell Inspirton 1545 had started to read "no bootable devices" and wouldn't start at all. Now, after buying and installing a brand new harddrive, it reads it again, but only SOMETIMES!

When it gives me options of rebooting or running a diagnostics test, if I switch some stuff around or restart it, or even just leave it alone for a little while, I can start it and it works fine. Except after a short while of using it, it will malfunction and go to "no bootable devices" page again. Tech support says that the hard drive may not be connected properly, but I don't know what to do!

A:Dell Inspiron says "no bootable devices" with brand new hard drive

Probably a silly question, but is anything on the hard drive, like an O.S.? Has the "new" hard drive already been formatted? I'm only asking for sometimes some of my clients will go behind my back and install things like hard drives on their own and try to load an O.S. on them, failing to go through the formatting process, and they in the end either through frustration or embarrassment wind up calling me to drive to their house and fix their problem, like installing the O.S. properly.

Also checking your connections might not hurt, just make sure everything is fitting nice and snug and connected the right way.

(This was just me kind of thinking out loud for you.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-says-no-bootable-devices-with-brand-new-hard-drive.165260/
Relevancy 27.09%

Toshiba A -s Vista Home Premium SP Bit I have USB ports available on the left and on the right I can t seem to get any of them to work any longer When I plug anything in on the two on the left nothing not a thing happens When I plug things in on the right it recognizes it and it installs but tells me the device is unknown No matter the device it s always unknown devices All Unknown install ports USB as in in either port Until yesterday when I removed some upper filters and lower filters associated the GearA it constantly was giving me that quot plunking quot sound like something had been plugged into a USB port and it was quot not recognized quot That was driving me nuts as I could not get it to stop I have been reading on here for a couple of days and gone through all the troubleshooting Cleaned drivers with Driveclean exe in folder system Uninstalled the All devices in USB ports install as Unknown devices in device manager as instructed Ran SIV All devices in USB ports install as Unknown - Service Information Viewer Updated chipsets and drivers Gone thru instructions to remove upper and lower filters with Regjump however there are All devices in USB ports install as Unknown other upper filters and lower filters associated with other stuff in the Registry Read thru instructions and ran serviwin I ve even been inside the computer to make sure no wires were loose When checking USBSTOR with serviwin here is what I get USBSTOR USB Mass Storage Driver Stopped Manual Normal USB Mass Storage Class Driver lh sp rtm - Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows Operating System C Windows system DRIVERS USBSTOR SYS Error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it AM system DRIVERS USBSTOR SYS I ve tried to quot start quot USBSTOR but it won t let me At this point I m here with laptops and USB ports and can t get one port to work I have an HP where the ports have stopped working too but I can t only deal with one at a time lol I m in need of some serious get down to business help and unafraid Thanks so much nbsp

A:All devices in USB ports install as Unknown

It's another long shot but again, is easy to do, so give it a try. You have the same symptoms so try the same trick as in this thread Driver failure, unknown devices in USB controller. It worked there. Maybe for you too> <fingers crossed>

LookinAround said:

I've seen this trick work on only just a couple occasions but is easy so is also worth a try for your symptoms

Shut down computer. Unplug from the wall. Remove battery if its a laptop. Let it sit for an hour or two to discharge power. Then plug back in and try again.

Hope it may help <fingers crossed>Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-devices-in-usb-ports-install-as-unknown.165134/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey Guys,

my motherboard is an ASUS P8H67-M PRO i built my computer a few days ago and haven't really had any major problems but i noticed today when i turn my computer on there is a little message the top left hand corner of the screen i can really make it all out as it is gone in an instant but what i can make out is
"No Devices"

Does anyone know how to fix this? it doesnt make sense as my drives work fine and they are recognised inside the bios. The only issue i have had is i cam to install linux today and i received an error message saying CD/DVD + USB devices not found and i cant help thinking they are linked.

Thanks in advance

A:"No Devices" message appears before BIOS loads

Did you install the chipset drivers?

Are there any devices in Device Manager with a yellow ? or triangle next to it.

What version of windows are you running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-message-appears-before-bios-loads.161876/
Relevancy 23.22%

hey all....i replaced my cpu fan and i removed all the wires and after replacing when i put the power switch all the front panel buttons wont work and all the fans in the pc starts working also the computer doesn't start

A:CPU fan wont stop working after replacing

Hi
I think you missed some wires, eg the cpu power cable, its usually yellow and black, its next to the cpu heatsink.
Or make sure that you ram is connected well and lastly check that you processor is locked well...
Oh, i have forgotten, is you mobo an ATX with 24pin or 20pin?
if its 24pin, make sure that all the power connectors are all in and well fitted..
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-wont-stop-working-after-replacing.161015/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently bought a computer in december last year Dell Intel R Xeon R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Running on Windows XP professional and with blue restarting devices No screen BIOS and AHCI not problems issues installed, found, an ASUS EAH silent GB graphics card and yes all drivers are installed and up No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting to date The problem i have is that when i turn my computer on it says no devices found and that AHCI BIOS is not installed and when i am on my computer mostly when playing games No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting my screen which is an Akura quot LCD TV DVD combi goes to blue screen and says no signal and any music that was playing becomes a loud repeated thumping like when a cd gets stuck The only option i have is to turn the computer off via the on off button by holding it in until it turns off After this my computer wont restart for - tries and instead when i press the on button a small lights up on the front and it makes a second buzzing noise repeated with a second inbetween and does not load up so i have to turn it off via the button Any ideas whats wrong and what does AHCI BIOS not installed actually mean nbsp

A:No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting

Do you have a single drive or multiple drives setup in a RAID configuration? The message you are seeing is fine (and normal) if you have no RAID. It usually will just pass it so quickly that you didn't notice it was there. How long have you let the pc set at that error message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-found-ahci-bios-not-installed-blue-screen-issues-and-problems-restarting.160767/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have two wireless adapters I bought off Newegg One is the TRENDnet TEW- UB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and the other is the EDIMAX EW- Un Nano USB Adapter http www newegg com Product working adapters USB stop Wireless Product aspx Item N E First about months ago I USB Wireless adapters stop working bought the Trendnet adapter I worked well enough but lost connection easily and was picky about where it was placed and if it was moved or not And when it lost connection it wouldn t say quot Connection lost quot it d still report it was getting bars of signal it always has bars no matter what It won t start working again until I replug it in but the power isn USB Wireless adapters stop working t out on it the green light still blinks occasionally I got tired of this and so a few weeks back I bought the Eidmax nano adapter to replace it It reports five bars and has a higher speed rating but still loads videos slower- that was alright for awhile as long as I didn t have to replug it in constantly and have to reload my pages all the time But then it started having the same problem too- it d magically stop loading pages and videos and when I opened new windows tabs it just says quot loading quot The USB adapter USB Wireless adapters stop working still seems live like the trendnet one- its little blue light still blinks here and there and it only starts working again when I take the time to replug it in Since I can t figure out how to fix these problems I figured I would ask for help My OS is Windows -bit my wireless router is just in the room adjacent to mine and it s a NetGear CG GCMR Please help Other info Processor AMD Athlon II MB Biostar A G Video Card HIS Radeon HardDrive WD Caviar Blue gb nbsp

A:USB Wireless adapters stop working

If you haven't already, try using a 3 ft. USB extension cable so you can move the adapter around for better reception.

You can also try installing the most recent driver available for your adapter. Uninstall your old driver from Programs and Features first. As you know, you install the driver first and then plug in the adapter afterward.

On one of my PCs I use a USB adapter with a 3 ft. extension. I tried a Trendnet and it worked well for awhile but it finally started to become unreliable. I'm now using a Rosewill RNX-G1. I like it because it has an external SMA antenna which seems to get good reception.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-adapters-stop-working.160759/
Relevancy 27.09%

I look through my Event Viewer from time to time, and I noticed recently an error on one of my disks.

The message,
"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk6\DR6 during a paging operation."

I would like to find out which disk this is. I am not sure where to start... any pointers?

Other related info.
I have two HDD currently installed.

Custom built computer.
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition
AMD processor
ASUS mobo

Source: Disk
Event ID: 51

A:Hard drive error, devices help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/159865

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-error-devices-help.160297/
Relevancy 25.37%

so i was told to buy a sata data and power combo cable and connect the hard drive to my desktop but i don't know what to do after that, is there a certain web site i go to to fix this problem or reformat it is a dell inspiron 1545 and i have windows vista please help

A:Dell laptop says internal hard disk drive not found and no bootable devices

Can you say what happened to your pc, does it boot into Windows?
What do you want to do with the SATA cable you have bought?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-says-internal-hard-disk-drive-not-found-and-no-bootable-devices.159894/
Relevancy 22.79%

This is my first post and I want to begin by saying that I am not very tech savvy although I am the default computer quot expert quot yikes causes working stop IP to changing on its address printer own in our house as my husband has never used a computer The problem I am having is that IP addresses within our wireless network are changing on their own quite frequently This causes the network printer to stop working Interestingly sometimes the IP addresses switch ie the IP address for my laptop changes to the IP address that the printer had last week etc I know this to be true because I have a quot cheat sheet quot of steps I follow from Brother our printer IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working manufacturer which includes the steps of obtaining the IP address for the computers and the printer on the network and then pinging the printer I have recorded the IP address on that sheet for each computer and printer IP address and I am constantly having to cross them out and change them Is this frequent IP address change normal Is there a way to establish permanent IP addresses If not or if that isn t desirable is there some way to stop the constant effects it has on the network printer Thank you for your help with this issue nbsp

A:IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working

Yes this can be resolved two ways
Address reservation and Static IP address assignment.

The former is much easier but I need the make/model number of your router to give HOW-TO details - - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-address-changing-on-its-own-causes-printer-to-stop-working.159437/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey everyone.. So, let's see.. I just purchased this Dell Optiplex Gx260 and installed it yesterday. So far so good, but once I downloaded a few things like mozilla, google chrome and other things, my audio device disappeared. Now, when I go into the audio device properties, it says its still there and working properly.. Yet it isn't.. Any way I can fix this?

p.s. I'm not very computer savvy, so if you could make it simple, I'd appreciate it..

A:No active mixer devices available

Since this PC is new, do a factory restore, and be careful installing all those browsers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-mixer-devices-available.158376/
Relevancy 27.09%

I know this topic has been brought up a number of times before however I have still been unable to correct this issue with previous troubleshooting.

The History-Suspected power surge, replaced hard drive, motherboard, and power supply. Reinstalled Windows, Vista 32-bit.

Since this happened I am informed via control panel that No Audio Devices are Installed. My speaker icon in the task bar has the dreaded red X over it.

I have two different sets of speakers I have tried. Both sets of speakers work on another computer. In device manager I have attempted to update drivers, uninstall and reinstall, disable and re-enable, to no avail.

I have set BIOS to default as per previous threads on this subject.

I am happy to provide any further information sought, I am not terribly technical but can follow instructions like a pro. Thank you.

A:No Audio Devices are Installed

Does your new motherboard have on board audio or are you using a sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-are-installed.158247/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello

I have recently installed windows 7 home premium and when i wake my computer from sleep mode my USB devises like keyboard, mouse etc don't work.

Please help

Thanks

Specs
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2Ghz
Ram: 4GB
Mouse: Logitech USB MX320 Laser Mouse
Keyboard: Dell USB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 210
Printer: HP Photosmart C4100
Monitor: Dell E197FP

A:Win 7 USB devices not working after sleep

I would double check some power settings, mostly the ones pertaining to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Device Manager and "USB selective suspend setting" in the Power Options.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-7-usb-devices-not-working-after-sleep.157918/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi new to the forum Windows stop/start Print Spooler 7 At work we have just gotten new laptops that have Windows Professional One of our users had a Vista laptop that always had the print spooler stop when he tried to Windows 7 Print Spooler stop/start print I had to go into the services and start the print spooler again When trying to print a second time the message would pop up again to state that the Print spooler had stopped I hoped that the Print Spooler issue with Vista would be cured in Windows Well sort of With the new Windows laptops that I have setup onto our domain I notice that the Print Spooler takes about - minutes to start We have a print server in our domain and all the shared printers will not show up in the OS until the Print Spooler service starts up I checked the dependencies of the Print Spooler Service and it is the Remote Procedure Call That service does not seem to be an issue When I try to print to a network printer it takes a long time to print I check the printer queue and I see two files the doc and a file called Local Downlevel Document I try printing an hour later again and I can print with no issues Then I will try to print again the Print Spooler service will stop and I will have to restart it I searched the net and I see tons of hits for Windows Print Spooler issues and I have tried a lot of fixes but I still have issues I even installed a Win driver for two of the printers one local LJ and one networked and the local printer never has an issue Possibly it is a domain issue or an issue with our print server We have two division offices in CT and NJ and they are in the same domain but different DC and print server and the IT guys there said they have no Print Spooler service issues with their Win laptops Pulling my hair out here though LOL I run this script as a batch file and it helps sometimes but not all echo off echo echo Purging the print queue net stop Spooler echo Deleting all print jobs ping localhost -n gt nul del q SystemRoot system spool printers net start Spooler echo Done ping localhost -n gt nul nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-print-spooler-stop-start.157872/
Relevancy 27.09%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 23.22%

This seems to be a common problem for the company I work for. On some workstations the mouse or keyboard or both randomly stop working (as if they were disconnected). I tried updating the drivers with no success. Any suggestions?

EDIT: when I suspect the keyboard and mouse is not working, how can I be certain the computer is not froze?

A:Keyboard and mouse stop responding

Are the Keyboard and mouse plugged in by PS2 or USB? If it is PS2, try and plug in a USB keyboard and/or mouse, see if there are any responses.. Other things you can try to do to look for a computer response and see if it is frozen is plug in ANY USB device, it should start checking for hardware or at least have something show.

Also the time in the bottom right corner will count up as time passes, this will also tell you the system is not completely frozen, or you could run some type of counting/visual program that loops and continues, see if it runs after the mouse/keyboard stop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-responding.156819/
Relevancy 23.22%

Because of my new job, i am using my laptop far more often than before. Usually between 5-8 hours per day. Because i usually slouch while on it, my posture when standing is being effected. How can i correct this?

Thanks

A:How can I stop slouching while on my laptop?

Get a usb keyboard, and mouse, and put the computer on a stand (perhaps something like this).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-stop-slouching-while-on-my-laptop.155996/
Relevancy 27.52%

i was configuring my audio devices and on the speakers i accidentally pressed remove :L what to do?

A:Audio devices

Try restarting the computer...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-devices.155627/
Relevancy 49.45%

When i start the computer i see that the USB devices are receiving power. As soon as the windows logo / loading screen pops up the USB devices die. I get to the user login screen but i cannot do anything because my computer only has usb ports for my mouse/keyboard.

I do not want to reformat my hard drive due to having many family pictures stored on the computer.

What went wrong?

How can i fix it?

Thanks

A:USB devices stop working on Windows startup

This could have been caused by a malware infection, driver update or a resent errant Windows Update. Try using a PS2 keyboard and mouse to troubleshoot the possible causes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-stop-working-on-windows-startup.153792/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a VAIO VPC computer with Windows 7 operating system. I was installing the software for my Palm TX Organizer, and when it came to connecting the device to the computer, I received the message that the system was locating the drivers for the device and then informing me that no drivers were available. When I tried to sync the device through the palm program it will not recognize the presence of the device. I uninstalled and downloaded a new version of the program from the Palm website encountering the same situation when I connected the device to the computer.

I have also experienced this same situation with the installation of Tunes Plus to allow for the uploading of my iPod music onto iTunes on the computer, I continually get a device not present message.

Can anybody out there throw some light on this problem?

A:Program fails to recognize devices after installation

Windows doesn't need drivers to detect a Plug and Play device.

So forget about drivers for the moment....

1) You don't say how you connect the device to your compute. I'll guess USB???

2) Then start with the basics: Are you hearing the USB ding/dong sound affect as you should when connect / disconnect a USB device????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-fails-to-recognize-devices-after-installation.154050/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi,

When I use a public computer at the library, there is no option to Safely Remove the USB Flash Drive. How do I remove my flash drive in this condition without damaging anything? I've thought of simply deleting the Kingston icon that appears on the desktop, but I'm not sure if that would work, or if it'd cause further problems.

What's the best solution in this case?

A:Safely removing a USB drive without the stop command

I am surprised that they don't have the safely eject USB drives. Do they even work? They might be blocked by policy.
You are correct to be concerned as this can definitely damage your stick.

If you can get into computer management at the library (Right mouse on my computer and select manage), then expand Storage\Removable Storage until you find your Media USB Device and right mouse click on that and select "Eject". Long way around the Mulberry Bush i am afraid.

Perhaps someone else knows a cmd command.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safely-removing-a-usb-drive-without-the-stop-command.153962/
Relevancy 49.45%

When i start the computer i see that the USB devices are receiving power. As soon as the windows logo / loading screen pops up the USB devices die. I get to the user login screen but i cannot do anything because my computer only has usb ports for my mouse/keyboard.

I do not want to reformat my hard drive due to having many family pictures stored on the computer.

What went wrong?

How can i fix it?

Thanks

A:USB devices stop working on Windows startup

What kind of "the computer" is this....?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-stop-working-on-windows-startup.153791/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a dell inspiron e1505 running windows vista and for the past few weeks, none of my USB devices that I connect work, I have tried to connect 2 different webcams, my hard drive and my phone, while they do receive power, windows says that the device has malfunctioned and can't recognize it. Then windows goes on to "install" drivers however it is still read as "unknown device" I have tried several things including registry booster (but i didnt get all of them fixed) and even reinstalled vista. Any help?

A:Vista doesn't recognize USB devices

Please don't use any registry repair programs. They are as likely to destroy as to repair.
Try deleting(Uninstall) all the USB ports in Device Manager and rebooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-doesnt-recognize-usb-devices.151972/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have recently upgraded motherboard, processor and ram. I have fitted my new motherboard and it does not recognise my IDE devices, it recognises PS/2 keyboard, my PCI-EX nvidia 8400GS and my Genius 5.1 PCI soundcard.
Back to the problem.
My IDE CD/DVD drive and HDD are not recognised.
*The bios is on auto detect
*The jumpers are in master
*The IDE cable connection is secure

Any IDEas ?

A:Computer not detecting IDE devices

Time for a re-install, and look at your BIOS setups closely... you likely have some problems that can be corrected with changes as you boot to <F2> or <F10>
Start with Default, then go through each setting on the list. There are specific settings for IDE/EIDE... and they are not always obvious changes by the way they are worded...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-detecting-ide-devices.150912/
Relevancy 27.09%

I ll start this off by saying I know very little about computers My dell inspiron laptop got stepped on the other day When I opened it up i noticed the screen badly cracked and the following message appeared Internalt for multi core processors will be disabled No bootable devices--strike f to retry boot f for setup utility press Inspiron Dell no devices bootable f to run onboard diagnostics Upon first trying to run onboard diagnostics it would work well for about ten minutes tell me they had discovered no issues but then ask if i wanted it to keep checking farther After checking farther the process would run Dell Inspiron no bootable devices for hours without yielding a conclusion After hearing that wasn t a good sign I tried to install an old version of windows xp It seemed like it was reading the disk and after about five minutes it informed me it was going to try to start running windows Then a message came up on the screen reading A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer From people who I have talked to it seems like the laptop is beyond repair I was just wondering if anyone could confirm this or offer any other suggestions nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-no-bootable-devices.152026/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have had my Asus for only about a year now, it has been running great for the longest time but now im having problems with my monitor losing connection, while im gaming, and if im away from the computer for too long. i have brought it to best buy for tech support 3 times already but they havent helped. they suggested restoring my entire system to factory default.

someone please help
additional info, no upgrades have been made to this computer, no new parts, only the monitor goes out, the tower is still active

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-stop-connection-loss-from-monitor.150619/
Relevancy 23.22%

i am using geforce 8500GT. but since last week my screen keep flipping. i check the display fan but it is still working. then i remove and reinstall the display card. but the problem become worse. now i cannot even turn on my computer. the screen image appear corrupted.

can i know why? am i need to change new display card?

my computer spec:

Asus m2a-vm (amd 690G chipset)
amd athlon 64 x2 4400+
1 gb ddr 667 mhz
nvidia 8500GT 512 mb (asus)

A:Nvidia 8500G stop working

am i need to change new display card?Click to expand...

Yes, it does sound like the graphics card is failing. Do you happen to have another card to test in your PC or can you test your 8500GT in another PC to confirm it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500g-stop-working.150218/
Relevancy 26.66%

Have an hp g dx notebook pc with os vista home premium bit I installed a creative usb sound blaster x-fi go sound card What I want to do and can t is to be able to with Changing devices and playback Go X-Fi recording Soundblaster switch to playback from either the notebook internal speakers or from the sound blaster card speaker output The same for recording Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go inputs Be able to switch to either the notebook mic the card mic input or quot what you hear quot which is a recording input installed with the usb sound Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go card So my question is can I change from one device to the other and how I have gone Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go to control panel-sound where I see icons for each device and which device is selected and see it operating but I can not get it switch from one device to another device If I click on a device icon to select it and then hit set default it will put a check by that device icon and if I turn power off and restart it will switch something I don t want to do every time The quot apply quot button never activates Should I be able to switch devices If so how do I get it to work nbsp

A:Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go

I would do it manually, but changing cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-playback-and-recording-devices-with-soundblaster-x-fi-go.147240/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello names Shawn trying to figure out whats wrong with my pc p vm as-rock mother board prescott proc geforce gt dynex watt psu Kingston mb ram rpm maxtor gb hd onboard lan Basically my old computer went up and i decided to build a new one that was in my price range I got it setup and i started having alot of hanging problems but they went non-stop Computer hangs away after the first day It performed beautifully until tonight exactly days later i downloaded Prince of Persia from direct drive and got an quot I O error corrupt installation quot error Minutes later my computer started acting strange It would hang Computer hangs non-stop for - seconds and give me seconds where i can control it After about a half a dozen restarts i decided to check bios to see if it was an overheating issue Motherboard was steady at degrees celcius processor was at degrees I was out of options so i reformatted and its running as expected again however i know im not out of the woods Event viewer is showed and is currently showing no errors I m a student at ksu we have to have the most up to date windows updates run mcafee and cisco clean access agent Other then that i can t think of anything im leaving out exam week is coming up and any tips help or input is much appreciated nbsp

A:Computer hangs non-stop

If the freezing or hanging starts again, try installing another stronger power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-non-stop.146605/
Relevancy 26.23%

Here s my specs some background info and questions Dell Optiplex Desktop Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz Dual boot XP SP Win Professional GB RAM Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Speed test info I m planning to buy a couple new TVs one of which will also double as my computer monitor so have some questions soliciting advice about New Graphics Card Recommendation on a new graphics card for the Optiplex Desktop gt I assume i want HDMI output gt I m not really a gamer but do stream a lot of graphics multimedia network streaming re: cards Questions and for devices videos Questions re: graphics cards and network devices for multimedia streaming movies music etc off the net e g Netflix Picking network devices Any practical experience or insights in choosing preferred method equipment to connect to Netflix or other streaming supplier For example Comments on pros cons of buying a Web app e g Netflix capable Questions re: graphics cards and network devices for multimedia streaming TV vs buying a TV and getting a separate external Web app capable device e g a capable Roku or Wiii or blueray player I m guessing I ll get better video streaming quality especially HD video if I connect my Web app capable devices using a wired connection vs a wireless signal Anyone have any info or data on quality of streaming HD video over wireless vs wired Any practical insight or considerations in choosing between using powerline ethernet adapters instead of running new wires nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-re-graphics-cards-and-network-devices-for-multimedia-streaming.146630/
Relevancy 27.52%

i had a problem with the blue screen error quot unmountable boot volume quot an have tried evrything possible to fix to bootable No devices? no avail so i used seatools to completely erase my HDD the erase was sucessful but now when i turn No bootable devices? my computer on it say quot no bootable devices enter bootable cd an press any key quot i recently purchased windows online because the windows vista home premium OS that was on my computer originally was pre installed and i only have a repair cd which i had to locate online so anyway i burnt the Iso file i bought from windows onto a dvd popped it in an press enter i still No bootable devices? get the same message quot no bootable devices press any key and enter quot when i put the vista repair cd in however it works fine an i can acess the repair computer function i knw for a fact i have burnt the iso correctly but i still keep getting the quot no bootable devices quot error whenever i try to do a clean install of windows can anybody help me out here any suggestions would be helpful nbsp

A:No bootable devices?

What specific version of Windows 7 do you have?

You do know know that completely erase the HDD means COMPLETELY erase the hdd right? That means you have no operating system installed. The repair CD won't help all it does is repair; you need an install CD.

You bought Windows 7 right? Why don't you pop that CD in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-devices.144069/
Relevancy 27.52%

well basically my Dell Inspiron 1520 suddenly when opening internet explorer shut down with an error message all across a blue screen. Now when I try to restart the computer it loads for about 5 minutes or more before it makes a loud beep and says:
internal
No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility
Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics

help please

Edit: the beeping sound = 2 short beeps

A:No bootable devices

I think your system's bios is not reading the HDD; check the bios though to make sure.

Edit:
If it is listing it; it means it is detecting it but there are some issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-devices.142726/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have Verizon FIOS, 2 desktop PCs (1-Windows XP Home; 1-Ubuntu); 1 laptop (Windows Vista); and 1 USB printer connected directly to the Windows XP Home desktop PC.

I want to be able to print from any of my workstations directly to the printer. It is not a networked printer, as it connects directly to the Windows XP desktop PC.

Is this possible? If so, how? Everything is hard-wired to a wireless router except for the laptop which uses the wireless capabilities.

Thanks in advance.

A:3 Devices; 1 Printer How to share the printer?

Networking

Yes just make sure that all pc's or laptops have the same ID, for the networking then make sure that all of them see the printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-devices-1-printer-how-to-share-the-printer.141887/
Relevancy 26.66%

I play this game warrock and were Direct3D No hardware-accelerated devices found when I try to start it the screen goes No hardware-accelerated Direct3D devices were found black and all I can hear is the sound When I quit there s a message No hardware-accelerated Direct3D devices were found that says quot No hardware-accelerated Direct D devices where found quot This has happened very recently and I ve been able to play this game for about years I ve tried to reinstall the game but that doesn t work I already have directX c installed so I can t reinstall it When I check the Diagnostic tool for DirectX in the display area there is a text saying Direct D acceleration Not available I ve tried downloading WINDOWS service package which I can t get to work I ve tried virus scan It is not the video No hardware-accelerated Direct3D devices were found card since the game has worked perfectly before I can t reformat the drive unfortunately since I lost my Windows XP CD I m desperate for a solution Could someone please tell me how to reinstall DirectX or how to get Direct D in some other way I think the problem was caused when I used a program called regrun which scans your startup and lets you delete possible malware and I guess I deleted the wrong file I d really appreciate if someone could help me My computer is deadslow and barely works anymore Thanks in advance Jonathan nbsp

A:No hardware-accelerated Direct3D devices were found

If this remains true, (I've tried downloading WINDOWS service package 2, which I can't get to work) then you are screwed.
You need that Windows disk to repair the problem you have. And you need Service Pack 2. Service Pack 3 is optional.
Time to spend some cash... or borrow a Windows install disk that will work with your old product ID.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hardware-accelerated-direct3d-devices-were-found.141886/
Relevancy 22.36%

So my system was just working fine when my PSU decided to choke on me Went to the store and booting plugged BIOS DVD drive system from past stop when bought a W power supply made in China by power bay More power then I need but for the same price I thought why not I use to have an Antec W Now I figured out when I plug the DVD drive the system won t boot past the bios If the DVD drive is DVD drive when plugged stop system from booting past BIOS unplugged DVD drive when plugged stop system from booting past BIOS then my computer works fine but I have no DVD I know my DVD is working because I plugged it once the pc booted past the bios and managed to install my antivirus What is the problem My old psu had pin molex connector which two were for fan only This new psu has only molex which is really ackward to connect one HDD one Video car and my DVD and the case fan Should I go get a decent brand with more connectors or is it something else that cause the problem Thanks nbsp

A:DVD drive when plugged stop system from booting past BIOS

You will need to get a molex adapter. Obviously your DVD isn't hooked up correctly. What's ackward? backward?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-when-plugged-stop-system-from-booting-past-bios.140455/
Relevancy 26.23%

Earlier today i decided to format my desktop computer. I got a windows xp disc from my nan and put it in. I formatted my computer.

When it finished i checked device manager and there is no devices. I don't know what i can do. My router is all set up and working fine and i am on the internet on my laptop. The ethernet cable is plugged into my desktop but it wont connect to the internet.

Please help me

A:Formatted PC with Windows disc, no devices and cannot connect to router

Hello,
what you need are the drivers for your PC.
If it is from Dell,HP or similar go on their support page and get drivers for your PC there.
If this is self built PC, than you will need to know what are the components inside,especially network card and than download the drivers.
I suppose you will download drivers on your laptop.Put the drivers on an USB key or CD and then install them on your desktop. usually once the chipset and network card is installed, the rest you can download directly on this PC. Do not forget to install anti-virus software and do the updates.
Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-pc-with-windows-disc-no-devices-and-cannot-connect-to-router.140315/
Relevancy 26.23%

After considerable time and effort, I managed at last to find the correct Sound Max driver for this machine. The history is: Bought a used machine Compaq EVO d310, for personal and not technical reasons I must use Win2k O/S, HP does not provide drivers for Win2k Only for XP. When I finally got the right driver, at the next boot I received an alert "No adi codec driver found". In the device manager, all audio functions display as working properly. Now what???

A:Missing adi codec - sound devices sd1891-a -win2k

For personal reasons? Almost all Windows computers can run XP now. This is a laptop? You can use a USB sound device on it. Here is an example:
USB Audio Device

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-adi-codec-sound-devices-sd1891-a-win2k.139831/
Relevancy 22.36%

I use win xp pro, and I just installed Windows Media Player, but why the player stop playing in full-screen mode? It's ok minutes ago. I know this question is kind of stupid, any one knows how to fix it.

A:Why does the Player stop playing in full-screen mode?

It is a feature of Windows Media Player, not a fault
It will automatically pause when manually selecting "Full Screen" (I suspect just to allow you to get ready)
You then need to press "Play" to play it again

Can I also suggest that you try another Media Player > Free VLC Media Player
It does an excellent job at playing most movies (anyway, much more than WMP) And is very easy to use, and I use it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-the-player-stop-playing-in-full-screen-mode.139614/
Relevancy 27.09%

Is there a way to play sounds through different sound devices at the same time I want to have a conversation with someone on Skype and use Windows s quot listen to this device quot to have both my voice and his come through both my speakers for recording and my headset so I can still hear what he says without the feedback from the speakers I won t actually be outputting through speakers they ll be unplugged I just need it to come out of that output so I can use quot Stereo sound devices simultaneously different 2 through Playing Mix quot to stream both our voices together So is there any way to do that Play the same sounds through both audio devices Edit Another example I can use Windows s quot Listen to this device quot feature to listen to my USB microphone through my main speakers then use Stereo Mix to restream that back into an input This lets me play music also through my speakers Playing sound through 2 different devices simultaneously and have both my music and my voice coming through Stereo Mix s input Unfortunately I can t listen to the music I m playing when I use this method and I d Playing sound through 2 different devices simultaneously liek to be able to How can I play my music through both my speakers and my headset at the same time nbsp

A:Playing sound through 2 different devices simultaneously

I haven't found a way to do this yet, I have a sound card connected to some speakers and a USB headset and they only work one at a time. It is possible if you have a non-USB (i.e.3.5mm) headset and a 3.5mm splitter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/playing-sound-through-2-different-devices-simultaneously.139169/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok so heres my rig No overclocks Asus P T Deluxe Motherboard Intel Core i at ghz GTX gb of DDR Corsair ram at mhz Ultra X watt power supply My issue is that in just issue stop won't Crash that certain games Crysis Guild Wars Warhammer online Call of duty etc I will play flawlessly for a certain amount of time then it will crash The screen will turn to a solid color the color is always different and is usually the most used color on the screen at the time At this point my PC is completely un responsive and must be turned off Crash issue that just won't stop manually There is no blue screen on start up I have a short video on youtube showing this issue if you type in quot computer crash in games quot Crash issue that just won't stop my youtube name is kryptx ok so heres what i tried - Like anyone i guessed it was a graphics card issue and so i RMA ed my video card Crash issue that just won't stop The new card didnt change anything - I then re-installed windows completely wiping the hard drive This didnt change anything - next i looked to the CPU I measured it on load and all temps were normal It also passed every CPU test out there - RAM was my next suspect But i ran memtest on each individual stick times Still nothing I spent so much money to get a dream PC and it crashes constantly I just want to fix this Please anyone any advice is very helpful I pray that someone here has an answer you would make my day Thank you so so much for your time nbsp

A:Crash issue that just won't stop

Hi there,

Could you please attach the latest 3-4 mini dump files to your next post.

They can be found in

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

Someone will be able to debug them for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-issue-that-just-wont-stop.130687/
Relevancy 27.09%

I ve seen some other threads with problems similar to mine but with some distinguishable differences I greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer on my problem First some basic info on my system Reading Mass Not Storage Devices - Windows Vista bit have Mass Storage Devices Not Reading latest service pack - Toshiba Satellite When I plug in any USB mass storage device i e thumb drives my JVC digital camcorder my computer recognizes that they are there but I cannot open them To be more specific I plug in my JVC I hear the notification and my file copying software for the camera launches However when I try to access the drives it takes two F amp G it cannot access them Furthermore when I click on the backup option it says that no device is plugged in When I plug in my thumb drive I hear the notification but then the autolaunch doesn t happen I then go to my computer and click on the drive E and windows says that the drive has to be formatted before it can be used never had that happen before Any how I Mass Storage Devices Not Reading finally tried formatting one of my thumb drives and it couldn t successfully format it either I have no idea why this is happening but I do know when it started I have a Sandisk Cruizer It has always run fine on my computer but I had it set-up to run as a storage device only i e without the programs option However one day I decided to try and pull some files from another computer which it had never been used on So I plug it in and it ends up installing the Sandisk software on it with the drive partitions and protections for running programs and all that jazz I then decided to go back and change the settings on the drive to remove that and just make it a storage device for that computer So it works and I can read it fine on the other computer However I came back and plugged it into mine and I get the formatting requirement notification mentioned above Ever since then I have not been able to use ANY mass storage decides on my computer I could see how this could effect the Sandisk device but why everything else Can anyone offer the reason and hopefully a solution for this Thanks again nbsp

A:Mass Storage Devices Not Reading

I'm pretty sure it's a driver-related issue, but I can't tell you exactly which one since I don't know. All I can tell you is that after doing various driver updates on two different PCs (one notebook with Windows Vista 32-bit and one desktop running Windows 7 64-bit) I had the EXACT same issue happen.

When I rolled the drivers back everything worked again.

I'm reasonably certain your issue is due to a driver conflict.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mass-storage-devices-not-reading.137575/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi All,

When I switch the laptop on I get the following message and 2 beeps:

'No bootable device(s) selected'

'strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for set-up utility'

I then retry the boot, but get the same message appearing on screen.

I then try the set-up utility, where I experimented with the boot configuration. I basically changed the Boot First Device option from 'CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive' to 'Internal HDD', restarted the laptop and got the following message and 2 beeps:

'No boot sector on hard disk - 'strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for set-up utility'

It seems like there is no O/S, so I tried booting a Win2K disc I have, but cannot by pass the above messages. Does anyone have any suggestions? Look forward to your replies.

Regards

AD

dell latitude c840

A:No Bootable Devices-strike F1 To Reboot F2 For Setup

What operating system are you installing? If it's Windows Xp, boot from the cd and follow the instructions on the screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-devices-strike-f1-to-reboot-f2-for-setup.53377/
Relevancy 27.09%

Im having a problem with my devices that im connecting not being able to be accessed in my computer Since last month ive been having problems with my itunes totally not recognizing my ipod ever sinced i sync d my iphone to it It is shown on quot My computer quot as Marks Ipod but whenever i open up itunes it shows as no ipod connected When i switch out to my iphone it comes recognized being drive External devices not up and im able to sync normally Ive tried replacing the ipod reloading itunes The problem i think i see is that on my device manager it recognizes my ipod as a mass storage External drive devices not being recognized device but on the iphone it shows quot iphone quot Shortly after i just decided to get another computer so before that i wanted to transfer my music etc to disc and heres the nd problem when i try to copy them to cd the icon on my My Computer for the CD drive is red with a slash going through it Today i bought a gb freeagent drive to save my files before switching computers I plug that into the USB and it reads it but when the prompt comes out saying windows can run the program provided on device open folder to view files or take no action nothing happens when i say to quot run the program quot it just exits Also when i choose open folder it says E is not accessible Im really stuck at this time with no ideas i hope someone can shed some light on this issue Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-drive-devices-not-being-recognized.134895/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an old Dell Latitude C Laptop Pentium III that I got from a friend who s son got some wicked virus on it and the computer was pretty much useless It would boot and load windows but once it finished loading it would freeze wouldn t let me run a virus scan nothing To make a long story short I used a utility on my Ultimate Boot CD quot to wipe the drive clean Oh my friend didn t have the setup bootable strike to for F1 retry "No devices F2 utility" boot, restore disk either Now I get this message quot No boot sector on hard disk - No bootable devices - strike F to retry boot F "No bootable devices strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility" for setup utility quot I have a Windows XP disk that I tried using to reinstall the OS but kept getting the same message I set the bios so the CD Rom would boot first did no "No bootable devices strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility" good My UBCD boots just fine so it is not a bad HD The laptop doesn t have a floppy drive either so I can t make boot floppies Help nbsp

A:"No bootable devices strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility"

Hi

did you buy any chance remove the drive from the laptop at all... ?

the c610 has a little blade adaptor that changes the standard IDE pins into a flat set of pins, they sometimes dont sit right or the drive isnt snugly in the drive bay....

take it out and reinsert it,,on boot up go into the BIOS (F2 at boot) and check the drive shows, if it doesnt then the drive has died and needs to be replaced.

regards

ididmyc600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-devices-strike-f1-to-retry-boot-f2-for-setup-utility.132530/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I have a dell diminson 4600,
Intel P4 2.66
1gb ram
ati graphics card... (more details in my profile)

anyways, so i just recently unpluged my cd drives and after i pluged them back in, the computer wont read any IDE device, It wont even read the hardrive. Any Help...

thanks

cyber

A:PC wont read any IDE Devices

Go into your bios, usually by pressing "delete" key on start up and make sure your pc has ide devices enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-read-any-ide-devices.131336/
Relevancy 27.09%

My computer is not reading any USB Flash drives or SD Cards or any external storage devices like that. What do I do?

A:Computer Not Reading Devices

You should
See USB Device Problems? Check for Windows Updates
See How to Check Hardware / Connection Issues with your USB Device
See How to use the DriveCleanupToolSee How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers
See Troubleshoot: Windows Won't Recognize Your USB Hard Drive (and check if both USB Mass Storage and a Disk Drivers installed and working each external USB device)
See How to Check USB Device and USB Hub Power Issues and Limitations
See How to Avoid Problems with USB Storage Devices

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-reading-devices.130906/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

My laptop doesn't seem to recognize any memory devices like passport drives, cameras, pendrives etc.
Could you please help me out with this?

Regards,
Shyam

A:Memory Devices not recognized on XP

Hmm, perhaps there is a problem with your USB ports, or perhaps the crypto services are corrupt.

Try this:
Download Dial-a-fix and choose Fix SSL/HTTPS/Cryto
http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-devices-not-recognized-on-xp.128711/
Relevancy 27.09%

How to Avoid Problems with USB Storage Devices Updated May If you re having USB drive problems also see Troubleshooting Guide Windows Won t Recognize Your USB Hard Drive Do s and dont s to avoid problems with USB Storage Devices Don t Surprise Windows by unexpectedly removing your USB storage device gt USB storage devices are quot hot pluggable quot This means you can plug them in any time but does not mean you can simply unplug and or power them off anytime gt Never ever unplug a USB storage device before first either stopping the device using Safely Remove Hardware icon or shutting down Windows gt Unplugging unexpectedly may corrupt your storage device and result in partial or total data loss The Safely Remove Hardware icon You ll find it among the notification area icons along the bottom right of to How Devices Avoid USB Problems with Storage your Windows Desktop gt Notification Area icons appear on the right side of the Windows Task Bar gt The Task Bar normally appears along the very bottom How to Avoid Problems with USB Storage Devices of your screen The Safely Remove Hardware application informs Windows you intend to remove a device This gives Windows an opportunity to prepare for the removal by taking steps such as halting data transfers to the device and unloading device drivers Removing hardware from a running system without using the Safely Remove Hardware application is referred to as surprise removal How to use the Safely Remove Hardware Icon Before removing a USB Storage Device Click Safely Remove Hardware icon to see a list of attached devices Any device on the list should be stopped before you remove it Click the device you want to remove Only after Windows tells you it s stopped is it safe to remove it If Windows says quot Device can t be stopped quot it means you probably still have a window open that s referencing using the device e g you have an open Explorer windows that s displaying folders and files on the device This would prevent Windows from closing the device s filesystem and stopping the device for removal Windows must say the device is stopped before you can safely remove it Do Disable Write Caching for USB Storage Devices gt Surprise removal is a particular concern if write caching is enabled for the USB storage device gt If the USB device is surprise removed data loss or corruption might occur By default Windows disables write caching for USB storage devices but it s worthwhile to double check Open Device Manager and look under Disk Drives Select your USB disk drive click Properties Click Policies tab Click Optimize for quick removal to disable write caching on the storage device Don t Allow Windows to Turn Off a USB device to save energy gt Windows Power Management allows Windows to quot suspend quot your USB devices to save energy gt But Windows USB quot suspend quot mode has long been problematic And there s a long history of hotfixes to prove it I recommend permanently disabling any sleep mode for your USB disk devices It may help fix current issues as well as prevent new ones gt gt Caveat for laptop users Laptops running on the battery may drain a bit more quickly if laptop is idle and USB devices aren t allowed to sleep gt gt Laptop users may choose to enable disable this feature as needed when running off of battery power Don t Rely on USB Flash Drives for your Backup or Important Files USB Flash drives are very handy and useful but notoriously prone to failure Don t rely on them to save your important files Do Prevent Drive Letter Conflicts Windows assigns the next available drive letter when a removable storage device such as USB flash drive hard drive card reader etc is first installed Drive letter conflicts can occur for example You plug in a USB drive it gets assigned a driver letter let s say F You later unplug the USB drive and subsequently mount a network drive Windows may re-assign letter F to the network drive You replug your USB storage drive but you do don t see it listed in eit... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-avoid-problems-with-usb-storage-devices.127608/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if i am posting this in the right place so lets hope its ok! i have a dell insipron with xp installed, and today when i went to start it up i got an error reading "no bootable devices-- strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility press f5 to run onboard diagnostics

i tried rebooting but the same thing happened
someone told me to start it up with the operating system cd, when i tried this i just got an error saying there is no hard disk installed...
i ran the onboard diagnostics which are all normal

does anyone know what else i can do?! im really really bad with computers so any help would be very much appreciated !

Sarah

A:What can I do about a "No bootable devices" error?

Sounds like a dead hard drive.... You will need to replace the hard drive .. To be sure you can download an Ultimate Boot CD and run some of the tools to see if the drive is DOA or the Master Boot Record is corrupt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-can-i-do-about-a-no-bootable-devices-error.126688/
Relevancy 23.22%

My girlfriend bought a Acer aspire 5315 series laptop last year August and the adapter suddenly stop working. it was working just fine last night and a few hour after, nothing. I've been noticing that the wire is starting to get a spiral twist but i don't think thats the problem. When it plugged into a outlet the light on the adapter it self comes on but no power is reaching the laptop itself. I cut the tip that connects top the laptop to see if the wire broke but its fine. What could be the problem here?

A:Acer charger stop working

It could be the actual connector on the laptop where you plug the adaptor in to. I know on the old laptop i have here that the power port in the laptop is a real pain, always having fiddle around with the adaptor pulling it in and out to get it just right, so it will accept power from the power pack. Fiddle around with it plugged in to see if it will accept any charge, if not it must be something to do with the actual power adaptor it's self.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-charger-stop-working.125297/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have an Aspire 3050 running XP, which when booting, gives the message 'Operating System Not Found'. I have checked the BIOS and neither the hard drive nor the optical drive are detected, the USB ports are also inactive, the hard drive works fine in another machine.

Memory check is good and there are no beeps on POST. Any advice on possible causes or further checks would be greatly appreciated.

A:BIOS not detecting devices

Zoom in on this, it helped me eliminate a lot of potential problem I might have been having
http://www.fonerbooks.com/poster.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-not-detecting-devices.125079/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi My computer has recently encountered a problem whereby when i on the power at my CPU lights fans CPU stop up, spin all boot and will be lighted up and fans start spinning But that lasted only about second After that everything stops There are a few times whereby all of them will CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop start working once again after stopping but usually they stopped again with very few times successfully boot up I had brought it to the service center and what that guy did is remove my ram and place it back To my surprise my CPU boot up However a few days later the CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop same problem occur again And I did what that guy CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop did but this time round I did clean my RAM metal piece I don t know what do you call the thing that attach the RAM to the motherboard It failed a few times but boot up eventually after several tries took out the ram put it back I had totally no idea what is going on This does not solve the problem as it is going to come back and haunt me once again I have no idea what is causing it thus I could not bring it to the service center once again as he will tell me this if he is able to boot up my computer quot so what do you expect me to do quot It really hurts Desperate for help hope someone know what is exactly going on Thanks nbsp

A:CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop

If there's a faulty connection, there's a faulty connection... There isn't a whole lot you can do... But try this:

Get a Computer Duster can (A "Can of Air") for $2, remove the RAM, and carefully put the tip of the spray extension (They usually come with a little straw thingy, stick it in the nozzle) near the RAM Slot and blow out any dust or loose dirt/debris/whatever.

Be careful and use short bursts. Too much air friction can actually cause a buildup of static electricity, especially on plastic components (I have fried many a motherboard with this... so really, be careful)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-boot-up-all-fans-spin-and-stop.124764/
Relevancy 25.8%

Is there any software that can help me out?

I have recently installed a trial of 'e-Speaking' (a voice command program). I have a bluetooth headset (Plantronics) and a bluetooth dongle (a cheap bluetooth dongle Broadcom BCM2045A).

Is there a way to communicate to this program and have this program respond to me via bluetooth headset...

(here's the challenge)

...And still use my laptop to play music as normal via the speakers or 3.5mm jack?

Compaq Presario 2200 Pentium M 1.3Ghz 1.5GB RAM (Laptop)
Windows XP Pro

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/redirecting-sound-from-one-soundcard.124459/
Relevancy 27.09%

When i click on volume control it says 'no mixer devices' or something along those lines. I dont know what this means but my sound worked fine yesterday and I think I was getting those errors then also but now for some reason sound has stopped working altogether. I don't know what to do I don't know if I need to reinstall my sound card or what? I dont think I still have the disc. I got new speakers and they didnt come with a disc so Im really confused. What do i do? Im going crazy the only solution I can think of is buying a new computer but I cant really afford that. Please someone help me..........please.

A:No mixer devices? My sound isn't working...

If you fill in your profile then we will know what hardware you are using. It looks like you need to reinstall your sound drivers but without knowing what sound card or on-board sound you have we are unable to tell you where to download them from.

Hope that helps. Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mixer-devices-my-sound-isnt-working.34244/
Relevancy 22.36%

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

A:Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have been working on building a new Opteron Dual Core - Dual Processor system using a Tyan K WE S I purchased used off eBay I have assembled the most bare bone of a system - Tyan K WE Motherboard - GB stick - ECC Registered PC -pin DDR ram - Opteron Dual Core - GeForce PCI Express X MB graphic card - Watt ATXEPS v - pin pin split power supply to test out the motherboard for any defects before continuing to purchase parts to build the final system I have assembled the then S2895 up fans start stop Tyan K8WE - CPU system with the Opteron Dual Core seeded in CPU Socket as defined in the manual for a processor system the ram in the first DIMM slot for CPU Socket the graphic card in the first PCI Express X slot and the power Tyan K8WE S2895 - CPU fans start up then stop supply in the pin pin split connections I have attempted to POST the system to make sure the board is not a DOA board and the fan on the processor starts up for seconds the powers back down The fans on the power supply don t even start I have check the motherboard for any damage such as a bad capacitor or leaking capacitor I have unseated and re-seated the processor I have no way to test the processor because this is my only Tyan K8WE S2895 - CPU fans start up then stop Socket I have unplugged the power supply from the motherboard tried it in another system using the split power supply connection it works so I re-connected it to S I have unseated the ram tried it in another system it works so I re-seated it I have unplugged the graphic card and replugged it back in I have no way to check the graphic card because all Tyan K8WE S2895 - CPU fans start up then stop of my systems are AGP not PCI-Express I have cleared the CMOS using the method listed in the motherboard manual I have removed the CMOS battery and tested it It still does the same thing I have removed the graphic card to see if I can get the system to power up but no luck I have even unplugged the ram to see if I can get the fans to start up Still no luck I have searched the techspot forums for a clue but haven t found a option other than it is a bad motherboard or bad processor or some other piece of hardware that I have tested so far I have been researching the power supply to see what the minimum requirements are for this board but haven t found any documentation listing the minimum power needed to POST only that you need an ATX EPS V split power supply to POST Which I have I am wondering if this power supply has enough power for this monster board to POST or not I have ordered a ATX V EPS V W Power Supply on eBay It is a Raidmax RX- A I don t go nuts for Raidmax power supplies but Antec and Thermaltake doesn t have a power supply that this board will take at least what I am seeing on their company website I don t want to spend over on one of the recommended power supplies from Tyan I have researched this Raidmax power supply and it seems promising I don t plan on using this power supply for the real system it is only to check to see if the motherboard and processor are not DOA This power supply is way to small for my needs I plan on having a two dual core Opteron processors at least GB of ECC Registered RAM thinking of more for Vista X PCI Express X GeForce GT MB using an SLI bridge PATA hard drives SATA hard drives DVD-R RW R RW RAM drive and other internal hardware I have most of the components except the second processor SATA hard drives and a more powerfully power supply I am waiting for the new power supply to come in Just wondering if this is the problem or am I thinking in the wrong direction I am thinking that the power supply is not reaching a steady state to fully get turned on I know that a power supply has two states The first is the initial state and second is the steady state The initial state is when the computer gets power turned on This is a quick initial spike that happens until the power becomes stable for it to get the the steady state The steady state is the phase that computer sta... Read more

A:Tyan K8WE S2895 - CPU fans start up then stop

That Tyan is just a bad board. Well known in tech shops.
Regardless, power supply makes no difference for basic driving of a board... there is always enough power from any UL approved one. It is the fancy sudden demands on power that make the differenc.
Messing with a Tyan is a waste of time. There is nothing to learn such as there is with a Biostar, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tyan-k8we-s2895-cpu-fans-start-up-then-stop.123197/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello. I'm running Windows Vista 32 bit and I was wondering if it is possible to manage the hardware IRQ's manually. I had a conflict with my usb controller and SATA controller since they were sharing the same IRQ. I finally just decided to disable the USB controller and use PS/2 devices. This was only a temporary solution since I want to use my computer now with my USB Steering Wheel, Joystick, Hardrive, 360 Controller, Flash Drive, Cell Phone, Ipod, and Video Camera. I believe I read somewhere that in order to manage ACPI you need to install Windows in a certain way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:IRQ Not Less Or Equal With USB Devices

What are your complete system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irq-not-less-or-equal-with-usb-devices.122925/
Relevancy 27.09%

Twice my PC has crashed Emachine W since I bought it back in the day Restore drive doesn t seem to work so I borrowed a copy of Windows Home for reinstall As Home wasn t the original OS I had to go and locate lost drivers Got it to work again last time This time however mixer No available active devices i am having issues with the sound card There are no active mixer devices available it says Device Manager says I have Legacy Audio drivers No drop down Unknown PCI Device ----------- PCI No active mixer devices available Simple Communications Controller ----------- Video Controller VGA Compatible Computer has a built in sound card Intel detection software says I am running Intel R GV Express Chipset Family I have been up for days beating my head on the wall trying to figure out what i did last time to regain my sound but im afraid no luck Please help save an innocent computer from its destiny with the dump Yes I realize the OS i installed didnt have the chipset drivers I needed but as I stated earlier I had no disk Secondary drive non operable and have done this reinstall before and managed the fix I just cant seem to remember how nbsp

A:No active mixer devices available

I would try the 945G Intel® Chipset Software
Installation Utility on this page: http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-020683.htm

If that doesn't work, read the link towards the bottom of the page on Audio Driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-mixer-devices-available.121972/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I have recently just built a system off of parts that USB To My Devices Causing Computer Are Crash I had purchased from newegg The computer runs great however whenever I plug in USB devices my computer gets BSOD messages such as IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL If I manage to connect a storage usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive the transfer time is terribly slow I tried putting drivers onto my computer with a usb drive however they were corrupted It was not because of the drive either since the driver file extracted and loaded up perfectly on my laptop Here is a list of things I have tried and ruled out as the problem I disabled usb legacy in the BIOS changed the memory out updated the bios updated the motherboard drivers nForce drivers I started the computer in diagnostic mode safe mode and I USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash removed the usb drivers in device manager and rebooted however errors still occur Overheating is not an issue though I played Call of Duty World at War for an hour without a hitch at max settings I was using a ps keyboard and USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash a usb mouse My computer seems to tolerate the usb mouse most of the time without it crashes My system includes a W power supply Intel q gigs of G Skill pin mhz memory asus p n-d motherboard and a gtx I m deciding whether I should return the motherboard for a refund or USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash I should try and fix it quick I m thinking the motherboard is what the problem is Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash

I had the same problem not to long ago, turned out that my usb ports were just wired wrong. I unhooked them and got out the motherboard owner's manuel and hooked them back up to correct places, then just like that the ports were working fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-are-causing-my-computer-to-crash.121454/
Relevancy 27.52%

i have just formatted my pc, and everything was going fine, i installed all the drivers, but after i reboot after i instaled the last drivers the pci device drivers my usb ports dont work no more, only work in safe mode, can someone help me!!!!
Im using an acer extensa e261...

A:USB devices don't work

Hi

go into device manager and remove the USB ports, then reboot and see if they get refound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-dont-work.121479/
Relevancy 23.22%

I too am getting this message on my cousins computer but can't get anywhere but the blue screen on start up then it says that c:\\windows\system32\config\system is not found and then reboots to same thing, i have tried to recover and reinstall with no luck. I can't get past the error codes :: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, STOP: 0x00000050

any ideas how to windows at least boot in safe mode? the F8 options won't work either and can't do a reinstall cuz that won't work and recovery won't work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area, stop: 0x00000050

Check or replace the systems memory... We will continue from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-stop-0x00000050.118672/
Relevancy 22.79%

The title might sound a little weird but here's my problem. Yesterday i was chatting with my friends with a crappy headset then it broke.I just got a new one but this one is weird whenever i'm playing a music or something my friends can hear it too. I try checking it by using the sound recorded. It seems like they picked up the music in the background too. Is there anyway to stop it so i can use my mic alone?

A:How to STOP playing music and talking to the mic at the same time

Try this.

Click start/control panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Advanced and make sure the mic is muted on the playback side.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-playing-music-and-talking-to-the-mic-at-the-same-time.118273/
Relevancy 23.22%

UPDATE Full Stop Code x A x x x x AA My PC build Specs -Intel DX BT Motherboard -Corsair XMS MB (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) Stop 0x0000000A code Dual Channel PC DDR MHz Memory x MB -Intel Core Quad Q Processor -Ultra LSP -Watt Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) Power Supply -HIS Radeon HD MB PCIe w Dual Link DVI -Western Digital Caviar SE SATA GB Hard Drive -CD-rom x From my old server -Case From my old server Well I get a BSOD after trying to install Windows XP on my new built pc It formated good it get stuck on installing OS about Then I has a little bar on the left it goes about more than half way The screen turns black and BSOD I am these parts are compatible I went on support microsoft com and check their HCL and my board was on it I followed the steps in the booklet In the book let it says that removing the install to fix the problem is RARE Restart your computer NO FIX Make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed NO FIX Click start gt Help and support gt Get help from Microsoft Well I wish the OS was Installed Click start Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) gt Help and support gt Fixing a problem No os Disable or remove any newly Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) installed hardware I tried only gb of ram and nothing Microsoft Web Site at I studied it and found no help Using a current version of your antivirus software New build no OS installed due to BSOD Verify that your hardware device drivers and system bios are latest available version NO FIX Disable Bios memory options such as caching and shadowing Well skip that Run any system diagnostic software supplied with your computer Once agian no os installed Verify that your computer has the fatest Service Pack No os installed Press f select LAST known good configuration Not on the list no os Went on Microsoft s Web Site on Stop code x A Irql Not Less or Equal quot This behavior can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer quot http support microsoft com kb en-us Well the st and nd step are skipped because of no os Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer Well I removed the USB Keyboard and mouse and ran the computer only on power plug and monitor and NO FIX If you continue to receive this error message you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer s motherboard Well I removed the BIOS battery and put it back about min nothing Put all the settings on default nothing More research done - quot If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup or after Setup is complete the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows quot Well on the HCL on Microsoft s site said it WAS compatible so its not that -Make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space GB is well enough -Disable or update device drivers No OS -Remove all third-party drivers No OS I Found on the Windows XP booklet quot Under rare circumstances you may to unistall Windows XP Professional and return to your operating system quot nbsp

A:Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal)

Back to basics!

Set motherboard bios to failsafe settings
No USB devices attached
Freshly "clean" formatted single hard drive
One CD/DVD installed
No sound card, On-board sound ok
No PCI devices at all, except possible simple test video card or on-board video
No HIS Radeon HD 3650 512MB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI

Now try the Windows install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-code-0x0000000a-irql_not_less_or_equal.107982/
Relevancy 27.09%

What are they called now? The mobile devices Pda's Handheld?
Can someone give me an example of one of em, maybe a link

A:What are they called now? The mobile devices PDA's Handheld?

All the above?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-are-they-called-now-the-mobile-devices-pdas-handheld.116876/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I recently put in a new AMD 64 X2 5400+ and I've been getting BSOD at random intervals.

I've run memtest and found zero errors, I ran Orthos for 12 hours with zero problems passed 4/4.

My hard drives are SATA's and roughly 4 or 5 years old.

This is one of the stop errors I've gotten:

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x868E1D90, 0x868E1EDC, 0x8244400)

wanted second opinions on this error, trying to rule out the processor.

The mobo is a Biostar TF8200 A2+ (got it back in June '08)

A:BSOD Stop Error: 0x000000F4

Could you upload some MiniDumps it can help to solve the Problem.

Also how long did you run Memtest86 for?

Orthos is basically the same as Prime95,
What Test or Tests did you run on that?

Small FFT's should be run for testing the Processor, thats assuming that Orthos is similar to Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-stop-error-0x000000f4.112138/