Windows Support Forum

HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi...

Q: HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi...

HI everyone nbsp We have a USB redirection problem with HP t thinclients In our site we use Xenapp with HP t t and t clients Some of our t clients have a signal nbsp recorder conected to an USB port nbsp This USB recorder needs to be redirected manually on the thinclient USB Manager Devices This redirection stays on until a profile or software update After the client reboots for the second time the USB recorder is not redirected anymore nbsp USB recorder class is Human Interface Device HP after redirecting USB profi... stop devices thinclients HP t410 t has the latest firmware Z A nbsp I tried -different usb ports same issue- t thinclients with the same issue-force redirection of class USB devices nbsp from profile editor root usb Classes Human Interface Device State changed from to -different registry setting from profile editor nbsp This issue is fixed for HP t and T with the force redirection of class usb devices The and thinclients use firmware levels T X and T X nbsp Did anyone else seen this Is there a way to force redirection of a USB device based on PID and VID Or will be released any more firmware updates for t HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi... nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp Cata nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-t410-thinclients-stop-redirecting-USB-devices-after/td-p/5629549
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 54.61%

I recently bought BOSE Soundtouch speakers that I can't connect to through my HP 6730b Energy Star laptop bluetooth. In short BOSE assumes that the problem is my laptop's bluetooth capacity. I've no idea how to find out whether my bluetooth hardware and drivers support the required A2DP and AVRCP profiles. In any event I wanted to download HP drivers for my computer, but there were no drivers available through the HP website for Windows 10 to which I upgraded some months ago.In short,1. is this a driver issue that can be resolved by upgrading drivers? If this is the case, where can I download Win 10 drivers?2. is this a hardware issue, meaning that my bluetooth 'hardware' does not support the music streaming profiles above?Please any suggestions out there? As I told BOSE, great speakers but absolutely useless if I can't listen to them!Thanks, ADBOSE  

A:how to determine if my hp has A2DP and AVRCP bluetooth profi...

@ADBOSE? First thing is to make sure you have a Bluetooth installed??? HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC - Remove/Replace Videos http://h20464.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=3687777&MEID=A6DBE78A-FF5E-44ED-88AF-5C5364EF34AE Look at the Bluetooth video. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/how-to-determine-if-my-hp-has-A2DP-and-AVRCP-bluetooth/td-p/5810525
Relevancy 53.32%

Is it possible to redirect all print to another device (hard drive, CD, Flash)?

If so, can anyone tell me how to do this.

Thanks.

A:Redirecting Print to other devices

Are you asking Print Jobs? Sending all jobs ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440949/redirecting-print-to-other-devices/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys! This briefly what happend. I noticed a advertise and redirecting on my Android Phone Samsung S3. When I went home trying to resolve the problem the same happend to my home PC Dell Alienware Mx15 Laptop with Windows 7. I tried to find out for some extension on the browser or searching for any unknown programs like CLEAN THE PC or OPTIMIZER etc. But didnt find anything like that. Searched the web trying to clean temp appdata but nothing. This happens to all my browsers. IE, Firefox and Chrome. Today i ask my brother and he had the same problem today so i suppose something happend to the network or the wireless. Im doing the steps of this topic. The virus is the same in all my Devices advertise and redirecting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533366/virus-affecting-network-connection-or-wifi/

If anyone has some other idea please help and thanks in advance

A:Advertising pop up, redirecting Spyware and Malware in all my Network Devices.

This is the Text File i got from  AdwCleaner. The problem still persist.
***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\au__rasapi32
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\au__rasmancs

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v8.0.7601.17514

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v

[ File : C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lo992wwe.default-1415037472942\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v38.0.2125.111

[ File : C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://search.aol.com/aol/search?q={searchTerms}
Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://www.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [8727 octets] - [03/11/2014 20:49:14]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1170 octets] - [04/11/2014 18:14:57]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [8248 octets] - [03/11/2014 20:51:35]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1242 octets] - [04/11/2014 18:16:44]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1302 octets] ##########

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554692/advertising-pop-up-redirecting-spyware-and-malware-in-all-my-network-devices/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys/girls

Im having a slight issue with one of my machines I cant track down the cause.

My USB mouse and keyboard will randomly stop working. After a reboot they work fine for a few minutes then they will stop functioning. We have tried drivers and chipset drivers. any other Ideas?

A:USb devices stop working

I would first check in the BIOS to be sure the USB settings have not changed. You could also try resetting BIOS defaults to see if it makes any difference.

While in the BIOS check the voltage readings for any anomalies.

What I'd be concerned about is the southbridge chip, which controls the USB ports. If the chip were failing you would get those sorts of problems. Some motherboards around the time of the intel P4 had grounding problems on the southbridge bus. If you are of that vintage check for dust, hair, or loose connections.

And a failing power supply can be a cause too. The motherboard logic is to cut off the circuit if there is an over-voltage draw, and if the peripherals are drawing more than the circuit can provide (while functioning normally) the logic could be cutting out.

EDIT: Also, if either USB device is shorting or over-drawing current, that will cause the circuit to cut out too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172515-usb-devices-stop-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This is really unusual and I'm not really sure what's happening I have an HP Deskjet D Windows recognizes the device and shows that my some of to causes Printing USB devices stop? it's working fine with drivers installed When I try to print from any source browser windows picture viewer etc it starts to print and maybe gets about th of the way done printing then shoots the paper out and my printer is showing that it's no longer connected and my internet goes out because my USB wifi card shows that its also no longer connected After about seconds the devices will become Printing causes some of my USB devices to stop? recognized again and the process repeats when the computer attempts to resend the print job Have you guys heard of any problem like this before I've reinstalled the drivers for the printer and Wifi card just in case no changes I can print just fine from my laptop using Ubuntu or Windows pro x I've tried multiple USB ports and its the same thing every time Any tips Edit I forgot a ltter

Relevancy 50.74%

I have been stop devices working Usb looking all over the internet have called tech support etc but nothing seems to help So here is my problem I HAVE TwO USB PORTS DEVICES WILL CONNECT AND BE RECOGNIZED BY THE COMPUTER WHEN IT FIRST STARTS OR WHEN IT COMES BACK FROM HIBERNATION AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OR TWO THE DEVICES ARE NO LONGER DETECTED FOR EXAMPLE I COULD HAVE A MOUSE CONNECTED THROUGH THE USB PORT AND IT WILL INITIALLY WORK THEN IT WILL STOP WORKING AND IT IS NO LONGER RECOGNIZED IN THE DEVICE MANAGER THE SAME HAPPENS WITH WEBCAM FLASH DRIVE MP PLAYER I HAVE RESET BIOS TO DEFAULT SETTINGS UNINSTALL USB HOSTS FROM DEVICE MANAGER AND RESTARTED DISABLED AND ENABLED USB ROOT HUBS CHANGED SETTINGS DISABLE COMPUTER FROM TURNING OFF USB ROOT HUBS TO SAVE POWER TAKEN OUT THE BATTERY AND UNPLUGGED THE COMPUTER OVERNIGHT I THINK IT IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND THE USB PORTS THEMSELVES ARE FAULTY HOWEVER I DON T KNOW MUCH ABOUT COMPUTERS SO I HAVE NO IDEA IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM OR NOT ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE SUPER HELPFUL THANKS HERE IS MY OPERATING SYSTEM INFO OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core Usb devices stop working CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Usb devices stop working Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Base Board Version Base Board Serial Number Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-devices-stop-working.974548/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a wireless mouse and another wireless mouse/keyboard combo which I keep connected to my computer simultaneously. When my computer tries to sleep as scheduled they stop it from doing so.

I know I can go in to device manager and stop them from doing this but the settings seem to be reset every time I remove and reconnect the devices. Is there a way to permanently stop this from happening? Is there a setting that just stops all devices from doing this so that no matter what new device is plugged in it wont happen?

Running windows 7 pro SP1 x64 and both devices are logitec (an LX8 Wireless mouse and an MK 320 set)

Thanks a bunch

A:how to stop usb devices from awakening computer?

the settings seem to be reset every time I remove and reconnect the devices << Why do you remove and reconnect the devices ?? Just leave them there Hello I posted this a short time ago - You need to Reverse these directions -Re: Mouse issue > Go into Device Manager>> right click "Mouse" and Properties>>Power Management, add tick from "Allow Device to wake Computer.>>OK - This only works with some systems, but it works on mine - In your case it would be untick the boxes -I do not have my Windows7 with me at the moment, but I think the Keyboard issue is similar Power management and select or remove the check boxes to suit -I do not understand why you need to remove these items under normal situations ??Do people steal them if left connected, or is there another reason that you did not mention ??Also stop the sleep function, and click the Shut down button

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462282/how-to-stop-usb-devices-from-awakening-computer/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey there,

I've been researching this issue for over a day and have yet to find any solution.

I have windows 7 installed now, upgraded from Vista and everything worked okay originally. Now, when I plug in any of my USB sticks, they work initially but end up hanging after a few minutes or when I try to replug them in, the OS says the device has malfunctioned and isn't installed correctly.

The same goes with my iPod. The only thing that works is to leave it plugged in and restart the computer, then it will work again for another few minutes before it stops recognizing USB devices. I don't have any other devices connected, so that isn't it. I tried uninstalling all the USB drivers, restarting, letting them reinstall and the same thing happens.

Any solutions to this problem?

A:USB Devices Stop Working after a few minutes

Hi and Welcome to Windows 7 forums. Fill out your system specs what motherboard ram ect. I had this same sort of problem nothing would fix it. I ended up getting a different motherboard. Motherboard I had was from MSI.

What USB Universal Host Controller is your MB using ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18809-usb-devices-stop-working-after-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys Strange thing just occurred to my computer I heard the sound you get when hardware has been disconnected from your computer and immeidately my mouse and keyboard both USB stopped Devices Usb Stop Suddenly Working working Now when I plug the mouse in the red light at the bottom of the mouse turns Usb Devices Suddenly Stop Working on so I am pretty sure that the USB is providing power to the device although windows doesn t seem to be recognising it I tried uninstalling the USB drivers through the device manager and then Usb Devices Suddenly Stop Working do a scan for new hardware but this did not fix the problem My hardware is all up to date so I m not exactly sure how to proceed All my other USB ports seem to be behaving similarly I also tried doing a full cold shutdown with a power cycle but that didn t help as well I m tempted to say that it s a software-related issue with windows Any help suggestions would be highly appreciated Thanks guys

A:Usb Devices Suddenly Stop Working

I would uninstall the USB controllers in Device Manager...reboot...install appropriate drivers anew.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172635/usb-devices-suddenly-stop-working/
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows Ultimate x presumably patched to date I'm running a Dell Studio XPS and find that any plug-in microphones stop working after one use I originally found this on the Mic Line In jack and worked with Dell on the issue They replaced the motherboard once and the sound daughtercard twice and did not resolve the issue I have tried re-installing device drivers as well as deleting the device rebooting and letting Win restore it Nothing has fixed the problem I eventually gave up on the mic jack resigned myself to that not being a solution and decided to get a USB headset That worked great - once Since then that device no longer works either These devices Use Working After One Recording Devices Stop show up in the recording settings for sound but they do Recording Devices Stop Working After One Use not show any input The Array mic works and shows input just fine I've tried disabling the Array mic the built-in mic in the laptop but that doesn't make the headsets work Device driver that is installed and used for all of these is the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC running version dated

A:Recording Devices Stop Working After One Use

I wonder if "letting Windows restore it" caused the problems. I do a lot of support on Dell, but mostly with desktops, however in many Dell's you must only use Dell provided sound drivers due to their custom implementations on a lot of models.

Go to the Device Manager, uninstall the IDT AND check the box to also uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will find the hardware but DO NOT allow Windows to install any drivers. Then install the Dell IDT driver that you have listed.

To access the Device Manager, hold the Windows key down and press the Pause/Break Key. Device Manager can be accessed from the list in the upper left of the next Panel. In the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the IDT and then LEFT Click "Uninstall" (and check the box to uninstall the drivers). Restart the PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61368-recording-devices-stop-working-after-one-use.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am using Windows bit and M B Gigabyte p A D -B P DD The problem happens randomly I haven't managed to nail down a pattern when it happens or replicate it Let's say it happens when running full-screen applications games n stuff Without warning everything that's connected through a USB stops working Mouse and Keyboard are in usb slots and are compatible and headset in usb port The devices are powered still normally and still responding while powered. stop USB devices the computer still functions for example game of LoL still continues normally I can see what other players do or type etc etc but the usb devices are unresponsive - though USB devices stop responding while still powered. powered Only solution till now is to reboot the PC which of course is inconvenient to say the least and wait for the next case to happen I've updated to the latest bios for my MoBo and downloaded the latest Usb drivers Still there Any idea what's causing it Thanks for your time

A:USB devices stop responding while still powered.

Hello Deledhel. Welcome to the forum.

The first suspect is always "USB Selective Suspend" in these types of cases. That is what I would check first.
Go to Start > Control Panel > Power Options
For the Power Plan that you are currently using, click on "Change Plan Settings"
Then click "Change Advanced Power Settings"
In the Advanced Settings window, click the + sign next to "USB Settings", and then the + sign next to "USB Selective Suspend Setting"
Then change that to "Disabled".
USB Selective Suspend is only useful on laptops. Rarely on a desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/244908-usb-devices-stop-responding-while-still-powered.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Greetings

I ran combofix on my laptop and since then the usb devices have been acting up.

I am using both a usb mouse and keyboard (wired). After a few minutes of use the mouse will stop functioning although its light in the scroll wheel is still on. Only by unplugging it and plugging back in does it start to work again. But after a little time the problem returns. It is the same issue with the keyboard. When i unplug and plug in the devices the usb sounds are made.

I would very much appreciate any help that you might be able to provide.

Regards

bus483w

A:USB devices stop functioning after using Combofix

ComboFix is a malware tool...members in this forum are advised to provide the following in regard to questions about its use.ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353205/usb-devices-stop-functioning-after-using-combofix/
Relevancy 49.88%

My setup Acer Aspire with Windows Ultimate w the latest Windows updates gb of Ram Intel Core Duo Processor Don't think that much more is relevant I use a usb wireless device on my computer and if only it and my keyboard are plugged into the usb ports it seems to work fine I have monitors has usb ports on it so stop ports too working w/ many USB devices I have a cable running from it to a usb port as well Even with this USB ports stop working w/ too many devices everything works fine When I try plugging in something as simple as my Logitech wireless mouse's receiver eventually my usb ports will stop working and I must manually cut the computer off by pushing the power button Otherwise the USB ports stop working w/ too many devices computer will get stuck at quot Shutting Down quot and remain so until I manually cut it off In some instances I have only plugged in a Seagate gb external hard drive and a SanDisk gb flash drive When I do this the usb ports stop working before I can do anything again a manual restart is requried So far I've tried removing things one at a time but the result is the same once the usb ports get quot overloaded quot I read about installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer but all I get as a description of the usb ports is the generic description of them

A:USB ports stop working w/ too many devices

Quote: Originally Posted by Mboose

My setup:

Acer Aspire with Windows 7 Ultimate w/ the latest Windows updates
4gb of Ram
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Don't think that much more is relevant.

I use a usb wireless device on my computer and if only it and my keyboard are plugged into the usb ports it seems to work fine.

I have 2 monitors, 1 has usb ports on it, so I have a cable running from it to a usb port as well. Even with this, everything works fine.

When I try plugging in something as simple as my Logitech wireless mouse's receiver, eventually my usb ports will stop working and I must manually cut the computer off by pushing the power button. Otherwise, the computer will get stuck at "Shutting Down..." and remain so until I manually cut it off.

In some instances, I have only plugged in a Seagate 500gb external hard drive and a SanDisk 4gb flash drive. When I do this, the usb ports stop working before I can do anything, again, a manual restart is requried.

So far I've tried removing things one at a time, but the result is the same once the usb ports get "overloaded."

I read about installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer, but all I get as a description of the usb ports is the generic description of them.

Hi MB and welcome

Could be as simple as your PSU. USB uses +5volts and if your psu is marginal the 5volt circuit may drop to less than that.

Tell us about your system

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/45884-usb-ports-stop-working-w-too-many-devices.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Every time I start my PC, it tries to install 2 "New Devices", but fails to find drivers for them. I suspect one is my Firewire card, but I don't use it.

On Windows XP, there is a tab for "Don't try to install this device again," but I am using Windows ME on this computer. How can I get rid of this problem so my computer will boot with trying to install these devices every single time?

Thanks!

A:How to Stop Unknown Devices from Trying to Install?

well...not trying to be too cynical but upgrading to XP may
solve a lot of problems...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-unknown-devices-from-trying-to-install.330884/
Relevancy 49.88%

Whenever I try to go to GMAIL the tab starts rapidly moving from "gmail" to "connecting" to "redirecting", and this moves very fast and continues until I manage to re start. How can I fix this ? I created a new user and I can Access
GMAIL there but it's a pain to switch users just to access mail.
info: vista 32 bit, google home page, gmail is default

Relevancy 49.45%

When i start the computer i see that the USB devices are receiving power. As soon as the windows logo / loading screen pops up the USB devices die. I get to the user login screen but i cannot do anything because my computer only has usb ports for my mouse/keyboard.

I do not want to reformat my hard drive due to having many family pictures stored on the computer.

What went wrong?

How can i fix it?

Thanks

A:USB devices stop working on Windows startup

This could have been caused by a malware infection, driver update or a resent errant Windows Update. Try using a PS2 keyboard and mouse to troubleshoot the possible causes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-stop-working-on-windows-startup.153792/
Relevancy 49.45%

When i start the computer i see that the USB devices are receiving power. As soon as the windows logo / loading screen pops up the USB devices die. I get to the user login screen but i cannot do anything because my computer only has usb ports for my mouse/keyboard.

I do not want to reformat my hard drive due to having many family pictures stored on the computer.

What went wrong?

How can i fix it?

Thanks

A:USB devices stop working on Windows startup

What kind of "the computer" is this....?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-stop-working-on-windows-startup.153791/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

As left hander when I use a desktop I use the right mouse button as my primary button.

When using a laptop it's easier for me to keep the track pad buttons set with the left button as my primary button (it's nearest my dominant thumb!)

This hasn't been a problem until I got a win 8 laptop when it started to synchronize the settings on my latop to desktop and vice versa. This is a good thing in normal circumstances but for me it's a pain as I have to keep changing the setting depending on what machine I'm using.

Is it possible to disable the mouse synchronization whilst retaining the synchronization of other settings?

A:Stop the synchronization of mouse buttons between devices

It's okay, I found the setting in synch settings toward the botttom of the page.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53694-stop-synchronization-mouse-buttons-between-devices.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I've got a fairly serious problem with my devices though I think it is because of GParted I am dual-booting off of separate hard drives Ubuntu and Windows The Windows drive has a couple of extra linux partitions on it that I use for storage and a fallback OS Yesterday I used GParted in Ubuntu to add GB to the Windows Devices Stop Resize to Working Partition Causes Partition - I didn't move the partition just added GB on to the end moving and resizing the linux partition that came after it Now when I boot into Windows it loads up fine but none of my hardware devices from the DVD drive to the USB mouse to the wireless network adapter work When I check any of these devices out in Device Manager each one gives as an error that quot Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged or that might be malicious software from an unknown Partition Resize Causes Devices to Stop Working source quot I can't verify that it was the resize that did this as I Partition Resize Causes Devices to Stop Working was fooling around with iPod jailbreaking software recently but it seems reasonable to think that the resize is more likely the culprit Any thoughts on this Google search gives nothing on this as far as I can see

A:Partition Resize Causes Devices to Stop Working

Try running this - right click command prompt and select run as administrator then type or paste this in the window - SFC /scannow - this will check the integrity of your system files - you should have the W7 install dvd handy in case it finds any corrupted files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/67034-partition-resize-causes-devices-stop-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Despite I have checked the "always show icon in taskbar" in power management to see my battery charge status, the icon doesn't appear.

The same happens with the green arrow used to stop and unplug devices.

The volume icon does appear....

thanks fon any advice,

Mauricio R

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-and-stop-devices-icon-missing.292839/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,
I'm running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and I have an asus m4a88td-v EVO/USB3 motherboard.
Everything was working fine up until this morning. Now when I boot into windows all USB devices stop working. They work fine in the BIOS, but as soon as windows starts up all the lights turn off on my keyboard and mouse, and they become unresponsive.

I have tried setting the USB mode to legacy in the BIOS, to no avail and I have disconnected all usb devices except for the KB/M and still nothing.

It is frustrating as I cant navigate my computer or open device manager to see where the problem lies.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

A:All USB devices stop working after windows 7 boots.

Hi try going to boot options by pressing F8 when starting up try last known configuration and try safe mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360807-all-usb-devices-stop-working-after-windows-7-boots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Win XP Pro, Dell 2.6g, 512Mb

IE 7 redirects upon opening to http://www.go.microsoft.com\ ...

I have tried to set a homepage but IE7 doesn't seem to listen. Once the redirect happens I can hit the 'home' button and it will then go to the set homepage.

Symantic Corporate antivirus, active, updated, registered.
SpyBot installed
Both programs have run with no malicious software found

I've cleared the registry of all instances of go.microsoft, uninstalled and reinstalled IE7, and it still redirects.

Anyone have any ideas?

Wizard32117, A+, IBM Certified Technician

A:IE 7 wont stop redirecting

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Lets rule out malware, although you stated you used spybot and norton, those will not pick up all infections.

Look over the First Steps at Removing Malware

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-wont-stop-redirecting-146095.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I ve been noticing this problem for a few weeks I click on Google search results and am directed to different ad sites Most of the time it goes to I have Webroot Antivirus and Malwarebytes which I have been running and updating constantly I also ran TDSSKiller and Combofix in safe mode in effort to fix the problem myself The problem seemed to go away for about a day and then began to redirect again I didn t run GMER because I could not click the boxes that were supposed to be checked System sections IAT EAI Devices Modules Processes Threads and Libraries were grey and unclickable I know most of those were supposed stop redirecting Google won't to be checked so I just skipped GMER Please help This problem is annoying and I m worried about what s being accessed on my computer Thank you so much for your help DDS Ver - - Google won't stop redirecting - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by John and Melanie at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper Enabled Updated D - C - F -E A - FB E SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper Enabled Updated E FC - A B- A C-D - D A C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x Webroot Security Current Framework WRConsumerService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost Google won't stop redirecting exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Gateway Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Webroot Security current plugins antimalware AEI exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Steam steam exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x VideoWebCamera VideoWebCamera exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Lau... Read more

A:Google won't stop redirecting

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/421013 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421013/google-wont-stop-redirecting/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys I ve got a really wierd problem here and I m at a loss as to the cause remedy System Specs ABIT NF- motherboard latest bois AMD Athlon ATI XT MB GB Giel PC Onboard a working after & weeks few stop devices external Ram WinXP SP Antec W Onboard & external devices stop working after a few weeks PSU Maxtor GB IDE Maxtor GB IDE x Seagate Onboard & external devices stop working after a few weeks GB SATA Thermaltake Tsunami case CDRW and DVDR Recently the system totally died I replaced the M B Processor and video card to the above specs trying to find out what was wrong It ended up being the old PSU so I got the Antec I got everything up and running and all was well for about a month Then last night the system started acting up again I lost some of my USB devices all sound and the DVDR I used onboard sound so I tried my Plantronics USB headset nada When I go under control panel gt sound gt advanced both devices are listed but they are greyed out Here s the strange part I have a Onboard & external devices stop working after a few weeks Logitech Momo racing wheel connected via USB and I can calibrate it via WinXP but it has no FF It s almost like it s not getting power to the USB devices but I have a wireless USB mouse and keyboard and they are totally operational Also the sounds are completely gone in Windows and games If I go to the sound icon on the taskbar it shows volume But when I try to adjust it it gives me a windows error stating the task could not be completed I ll have to post the specifics when I get home When I research it further it says there s no driver listed SO I reinstalled the Nforce drivers and the USB headset drivers no change BUT I can go into Teamspeak and they can hear me talking albeit very low volume since I can t turn on microphone boost and I can hear them perfectly via onboard sound I haven t installed anything new in the last couple of days so I m confused My first guess was maybe a grounding issue with the MB but everything looks fine My next focus was on a power spike but I have a surge protector plugged into a UPS to clean the signal and they all checked out fine also Anything would greatly be appreciated nbsp

A:Onboard & external devices stop working after a few weeks

The faulty PS could have damaged the hard drive or your Windows installation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-external-devices-stop-working-after-a-few-weeks.24630/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a HP Pavilion P Y Special Edition running Windows Home Premium x that has been having issues with the USB ports for the last few weeks I am using a USB keyboard and mouse which both power up light up as soon when stop USB ports/devices 7 Working Windows Boots as the computer is turned on They work fine when I enter the BIOS but as soon as Windows starts loading the keyboard and mouse turn off and stop working USB memory stick and any other USB devices totally don't show up at all either the computer doesn't even USB ports/devices stop Working when Windows 7 Boots notice that a new device has been plugged in I attached a PS- keyboard and it worked fine and I was able to go to the device manager I checked and all the USB drivers were installed and reported that everything was working correctly I uninstalled them all and then restarted the computer same thing happened again I used the PS- keyboard again and ran a system restore to days again May After the restore was done and the PC restarted all the USB devices worked again This is the second time this has happened now The same thing happened on the th of May and I fixed it with the same procedure

A:USB ports/devices stop Working when Windows 7 Boots

Hi,

Unplug the device and perform the following steps until the device is detected:Restart the computer.
Plug in the device and wait 5 seconds. If the device is not recognized, unplug it and go to the next step.
Click Start , and type Device Manager into the Search field.
Click Device Manager from the results.
Device Manager opens.
Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list.
Double-click a USB Root Hub , click the Power tab, and then click Power Properties (if it is shown). Devices that are attached to the hub are shown as well as the power that they require. If the total displayed power is over 500 mA, remove the devices and use a powered hub.
USB Root Hub Properties showing two devices using 198 of 500 mA

Continue looking at the power properties of each USB hub. If the total Power Required exceeds the Total power available for the hub, then remove a device on that hub to lower the Power Required number.
Plug in the device and wait 5 seconds. If the device is not recognized, unplug it and go to the next step.
Remove high-speed USB cables that are over three meters in length and use high-speed cables that are shorter than three meters.
Only use high-speed cables shorter than three meters in length with high-speed USB devices (Multifunction devices, scanners, and cameras).
If the USB device is connected to a USB port on a keyboard, unplug it and plug it into a USB port on the computer or into a powered hub.
There may be an issue with the USB port. Try plugging into a different USB port. If the USB device displays in Device Manager after plugging the cable into a different port, then uninstall and reinstall the USB device software driver
Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290086-usb-ports-devices-stop-working-when-windows-7-boots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

One irritating feature with windows media player is that when it is playing, and you insert a removable storage such as a flash or external hard drive, the program starts scanning the storage for songs and will just keep on scanning. So the storage is always blinking and you cannot safely remove it unless you close windows media player.
Is there a way of disabling this in media player? Or other means?

A:How to stop WMP from automatically scanning removable storage devices?

Originally Posted by Chintan Gohel One irritating feature with windows media player is that when it is playing, and you insert a removable storage such as a flash or external hard drive, the program starts scanning the storage for songs and will just keep on scanning. So the storage is always blinking and you cannot safely remove it unless you close windows media player.
Is there a way of disabling this in media player? Or other means? I use WMPfor watching FullHD movies but I remember I disabled somewhere in settings everything like Catalog auto update etc

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433039-how-stop-wmp-automatically-scanning-removable-storage-devices.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I tried to log on to my computer, I'm getting this message saying, the user profile service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded. Please someone tell me how I can fix this problem. I tried rebooting my computer but that did not seem to work please help me:( thank you!

A:[SOLVED] I'm getting this message saying the user service failed the logon user profi

I had forgot to mention I have an hp windows 7 laptop!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-getting-this-message-saying-the-user-service-failed-the-logon-user-profi-951817.html
Relevancy 48.59%

All from searches redirecting to How my my stop computer of a sudden every time I type something in my search box the computer redirects me to find gala Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by mbradministrator at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Internet Security Suite On-access scanning enabled How to stop my computer from redirecting my searches Updated B BE A- - F E-A C-D A E B C FW Internet Security Suite enabled FFB E - F - F - D -DCE D D C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Starfield offSyncService exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x How to stop my computer from redirecting my searches LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x How to stop my computer from redirecting my searches LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x PC Tools Security pctsGui exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows splwow exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows splwow exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users mbradministrator Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll uRun msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background mRun Desktop Disc Tool quot c Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot mRun DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program F... Read more

A:How to stop my computer from redirecting my searches

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logRegards,Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365903/how-to-stop-my-computer-from-redirecting-my-searches/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I have problem with my Laptop, everytime I insert new USB device I have a BSOD. If I insert USB Device before switch on it is recognize by windows but it doesn't appear in the list of removable devices (it seems that windows can't assign a letter to this device).

A:BSOD insertign any USB devices, STOP 0x23 and 0xC4 and 0xC9

Welcome

This is the problem driver
Mfeepepc.sys file descriptionProductname:McAfee Endpoint Encryption Description:McAfee, Inc. Company:McAfee, Inc.
Either try to update the driver. If that does not work, uninstall the program
Start with a system restore point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249316-bsod-insertign-any-usb-devices-stop-0x23-0xc4-0xc9.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I carelessly allowed fbdownloader to be installed on my computer along with some other free software. As soon as I realised my mistake, I uninstalled the program along with the other software I had downloaded at the time. Later I discovered fbdownloader had redirected my default search provider and home page to http://search.fbdownloader.com/?channel=sfuk205  on both Internet Explorer and Chrome. I reset them to my choices and all seemed well, but next time I rebooted they had been redirected again.

So fay I have tried running scans with:

- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- AdwCleaner

... but none of these have identified the problem. Any suggestions what else I might try?

Thanks 

Chiggers

A:Can't stop Fbdownloader redirecting search and homepage

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file system.  Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue

Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply===================================================aswMBR--------------------Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.===================================================ESET Online Scanner--------------------I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:

Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logaswMBR logESET results

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486085/cant-stop-fbdownloader-redirecting-search-and-homepage/
Relevancy 48.16%

Last night I believe my computer got screemn and redirecting Search stop 0x8e some sort of virus or trojan Currently I am having to work in safe mode Every time I start my computer in normal mode I receive a BSOD with this stop error x E xC x C F x C E x The computer restarts itself before I can even fully log in The only way I can use it is in safe mode right now Also all search engine results are being redirected to other sites I would appreciate as much help as I can get Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Kley at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED Search redirecting and 0x8e stop screemn FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss Search redirecting and 0x8e stop screemn C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C program files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Kley Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www broadwayworld com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ContributeBHO Class c dc - - a a- d-c c - c program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Google Gears Helper e fefe -fbf - ae-ba - ca e fb - c program files google google gears internet explorer gears dll BHO SmartSelect Class f ee -daa - - - d ee a - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB Contribute Toolbar bdde -e a - -b e- b b fc - c program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRun Aim uRun AdobeBridge uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun SPIRunE Rundll SPIRunE dll RunDLLEntry mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe mRun VolPanel quot c program files creative sound blaster x-fi volume... Read more

A:Search redirecting and 0x8e stop screemn

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251597/search-redirecting-and-0x8e-stop-screemn/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there Have been having this problem for a while I'll try to make a long story short I'm on a personal build computer running x chipset Originally installed Windows Have upgraded to and then anniversary devices other working internet wifi loses stop and Desktop (ethernet) addition The problems started once I upgraded to Windows When the computer goes idle for the day leave for work come home later in the day the desktop which is connected via ethernet has lost it's connection and will only come back after Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working a reboot Troubleshooting doesn't work and trying to disable and re-enable the NIC card doesn't work Once the desktop loses its connection every device that is connected via wifi will show that it is connected but will not load anything As soon as I reboot the desktop everything works fine I DO NOT need to reboot the modem or router I have searched over and over and over and have determined it is not a modem problem comcast eMTA in bridge mode or a router problem Asus RT-AC P so it must be a driver problem for my NIC card I cannot for the life of me find a Marvell Yukon E windows supported driver to see if that is the issue Maybe there are settings in the NIC card properties I need to change Any help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59729-desktop-loses-internet-ethernet-other-wifi-devices-stop-working.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Safari is my default browser, and every time I search for links using Google search It keeps redirecting me to different websites.
My system is Windows Vista 32-bit. Also my programs which includes HP Total Care Advisor, Catalyst Control have stopped working.
I have scanned my system with Norton Internet Security 2009, Malwarebytes and cleaned my system with CCleaner, but it still not
working. I will really appreciate it if you can help.

A:Browser keeps redirecting me to different website and most of programs has stop working....

Post the log file from Malwarebytes please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274547/browser-keeps-redirecting-me-to-different-website-and-most-of-programs-has-stop-working/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have one vintage desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro that I do not wish to upgrade to Windows 10. I tweaked the Windows Update to skip all patches designed to automatically start the Upgrade process. Last night out of the blue the Windows Update prompted me to update this machine. I successfully reapplied the tweaks once again.Today any Google search I conducted on all type of broiwsers (i.e. Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc) on anything associated with Microsoft other than Windows 10 now opens with Update to Windows 10 Now nags.The way Microsoft redirect my search makes me reckon they really want everyone on earth to upgrade to W10 in order to meet their dream of controlling 1 billion computers by July 2016.i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 User

A:My Rant Comeon Microsoft - Stop redirecting my Google Search

Gotcha THIS news report explained how the Update to Windows 10 Now sneaked in. From now on I gotta be more attentive to which updates I patch.i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 Usermessage edited by XpUser

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/my-rant-comeon-microsoft-stop-redirecting-my-google-search/234.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Like many other Firefox users I am encountering a bizarre problem whenever I use Firefox's google search. When I click on a link in the search results pages, I get redirected to porn or other nasty sites. How to deal with this? Please advise. Thanks!

A:how stop firefox from redirecting me to nasty sites when search via google?

Have you updated your FF to the latest ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/how-stop-firefox-from-redirecting-me-to-nasty-sites-when-search-via-google-360374.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi today stop Chrome Yahoo what to redirecting delete? to - fake to HijackThis Using my Chrome browser started redirecting Using HijackThis to stop Chrome redirecting to fake Yahoo - what to delete? to a fake Yahoo search engine Example of a search result url https uk search yahoo com search fr chr-yo gc amp ei utf- amp ilc amp type amp p recipe I went into the settings and made Google the default again and deleted Yahoo as an option but Using HijackThis to stop Chrome redirecting to fake Yahoo - what to delete? the problem still came back each time I re-opened the browser I did a system scan using BitDefender but it didn't turn anything up Some online forums suggested using HijackThis to identify the malware but I need some help identifying which programme s needs deleting Please could someone help Below is the log from HijackThis and I'll also attach it I'd really appreciate any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on -Jan- Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-GB Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ColorUService exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Program Files x IObit Start Menu StartMenu exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture QuickGesture x QuickGesture exe C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe C Users SUSAN EVANS AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users SUSAN EVANS AppData Roaming Search Protection SP exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Conexant SAII SmartAudio exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users SUSAN EVANS Downloads HijackThis exe C Program Files Microsoft Office root office WINWORD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http asus msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https uk search yahoo com type amp fr spigot-yhp-ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http https R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt -loopback gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Bitdefender Wallet - DAC C - D - AB - A-B D CD A - C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Antispam pmbxie dll O - BHO Browser Extensions - A D B-CDDC- EC -AFDD- F DDE D E - C Users SUSAN EVANS AppData Roaming BrowserExtensions Coupons dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher C Program File... Read more

A:Using HijackThis to stop Chrome redirecting to fake Yahoo - what to delete?

Hey my friend,HJT is outdated. It was used many years ago. ;)Please download FRST (by Farbar) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.Download Mirror #1If you are unsure whether you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows, see hereDisable all anti-virus and anti-malware software to prevent them inhibiting FRST in any way. If you are unsure how to do this, see THIS.Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe (depending on which version you downloaded) to run it. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)When the disclaimer appears, click Yes.Click Scan to start FRST.When FRST finishes scanning, two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt will open.Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both of these logs into your next post please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562321/using-hijackthis-to-stop-chrome-redirecting-to-fake-yahoo-what-to-delete/
Relevancy 47.3%

i know this is posted here somewhere but i can't seem to get a hit with the search...
anyway i finally cleaned up everything with rkill and malwarebytes and now i have that stupid redirect problem
(when i search and press a link in google chrome or firefox it redirects me to scour or a similar site)
i fixed it once (or malwarebytes did but this time its being stubborn)
any help is appreciated
thank you for rkill lord!

A:how do i stop google chrome and firefox from redirecting my searches to scour etc

Follow the instructions here and post your topic --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376444/how-do-i-stop-google-chrome-and-firefox-from-redirecting-my-searches-to-scour-etc/
Relevancy 46.01%

I did something dumb and opened an unsafe exe file and immediately Norton popped up with some trojans Unfortunately I don't remember the names but now I can't boot up my computer msn Update redirecting STOP:0x0000008E homepage, normal Windows mode to error with properly If I boot in normal mode I get a blue screen with STOP x E xC xEE B A xEBCDA x about seconds after I enter my password so I can't do anything at all in normal mode Safe mode works but now I've found that I can't access Windows Update - I get redirected to the msn homepage instead I'm not sure if the two are related because I haven't tried going to the Windows Update page for a few months I ran Windows Update redirecting to msn homepage, STOP:0x0000008E error with normal mode a full Windows Update redirecting to msn homepage, STOP:0x0000008E error with normal mode scan with Norton Spybot Malwarebytes ATF-Cleaner Avenger and HijackThis and deleted everything that was found but it still hasn't helped One of the programs I think it was Malwarebytes Windows Update redirecting to msn homepage, STOP:0x0000008E error with normal mode found a bunch of registry things that it couldn't delete so it queued them for deletion after reboot but since I can only boot into Safe Mode it won't go through Avenger is also queued to run on reboot so that didn't work either Here are the log files Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Administrator at - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop RSIT exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Administrator exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google ca ig dell hl en amp client dell-row-rel amp channel ca amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google ca hws sb dell-row-rel e html channel caR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google ca hws sb dell-row-rel e html channel caR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca ig dell hl en amp cli amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www ca dell com content default as l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ca dell com content default as l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google ca hws sb dell-row-rel e html channel caR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google ca ig dell hl en amp client dell-row-rel amp channel ca amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www ca dell com content default as l en amp s genO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Megaupload Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C PROGRA MEGAUP MEGAUP DLLO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no f... Read more

A:Windows Update redirecting to msn homepage, STOP:0x0000008E error with normal mode

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I may ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.It sounds like a case of Zlob/DNSchanger that change the router's DNS settings. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereNext disconnect your system from the internet, and your router, then?Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.===============================================Next you must reset the router to its default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds). If you don?t know the router's default password, you can look it up HERE However, if there are other Zlob-infected machines using the same router, they will need to be cleared with the above steps before resetting the router. Otherwise, the malware will simply go back and change the router's DNS settings. You also need to reconfigure any security settings you had in place prior to the reset. Check out this site here for video tutorials on how to properly configure your router's encryption and security settings. You may also need to consult with your Internet service provider to find out which DNS servers your network should be using.Once you have ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on the infected system, and reset the router to its default configuration you can reconnect to the internet, and router. Then return to this site to post your logs.===============================================Please post the Malwarebytes log and let me know how things are running now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187725/windows-update-redirecting-to-msn-homepage-stop0x0000008e-error-with-normal-mode/
Relevancy 43.86%

I can stop all my internal AHCI drives from showing up in "Safely remove" list by seting TreatAsInternalPort to true.

Now only my hot-swap drive shows up, so I won't accidentally eject the wrong drive.

But I have a flash-drive which I use for ReadyBoost, and a USB modem. Is there a way to remove them from the list as well? It is very difficult to see the correlation between USB ports in Device Manager and in regedit.

A:Stop USB devices from being in "Safely remove" list

It's possible you have a BIOS option to designate SATA ports as eSATA? They would then show as ejectable. I think BIOS would likely also list which controller each device is connected to. I assume this was the method you are using?

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media problem.

Hopefully one of our hardware experts will come along with better info

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351683-stop-usb-devices-being-safely-remove-list.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,  We have HP Zero Clients (T410) and are connection to an Windows 2012 server.When i look in the admin guide it saysthat USB redirection to windows 2012 and Windows 8 is supported.  I have enable USB redirection in the zero client. But when i connect an USB device to the zeroclient is isnt viable in my RDP7 connection to the server. Do i have to edit some policys on the server or do i need software ?  Kind regards,   Hans Vos

A:T410 - USB redirection

Im having a simaller problem with my Windows server 2008, using the T410 as well. I can get thumb drives to redirect, but i cant get SD card readers. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-USB-redirection/td-p/5081714
Relevancy 43.86%

The ads I see on Amazon etc say that there is more than one fan type for a T and be sure to get the one that fits your machine nbsp How to make the match nbsp My T is a Type - U according to a sticker on its bottom nbsp At https support lenovo com us en documents migr- I find a table that maps these computer types to model numbers of parts including fan assemblies nbsp It lists Fan assembly integrated M and M as suitable for type - x but by omission it implies that Fan assembly discrete M and T410? fit What replacement fan will my M are not suitable to type - x nbsp I assume that in that type code x is a variable so - U is a member of that type nbsp Ah nbsp I just learned at nbsp https support lenovo com us en What replacement fan will fit my T410? documents migr- that the two different fan assemblies are for integrated graphics and discrete graphics models respectively - their heat sink components are quite different nbsp Ah again nbsp From pix on Amazon I infer that the two integrated assemblies have slightly different heat sinks but both are for integrated graphics nbsp The M is shown here nbsp https www amazon com Genuine-IBM-Thinkpad-Cooling-Heatsink dp B MTWDB E and the M is here https www amazon com IBM-Original-Thinkpad- M -Assembly dp B QWCTLG nbsp From this I want to conclude that if I get a model M or M I'm cool nbsp Is that right nbsp Also it's possible and much cheaper to buy a fan without buying the heat sink assembly as well nbsp Anybody know which fan models fit into the Fan assembly integrated nbsp Thanks in advance Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/What-replacement-fan-will-fit-my-T410/td-p/3485013
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I T410 bios mod bug have flashed a WL-free BIOS from Serg to my T -DA I had the latest factory BIOS before Flash was successful i disabled the TPM because the beeps at startup Then i realized that i cannot read CPU speed from the OS Ubuntu and the battery isn't charging I can see on the indicator when it is T410 mod bios bug inserted or not but no charging T410 mod bios bug I installed TLP started a calibration but it only discharged the battery and charging is not working Or if it is working BIOS does not see what charging circuit is doing EC ROM is in addition I tried to flash factory BIOS but it cannot be done with battery I'm afraid to flash FL and FL as i have two FL files extracted from factory flash Have someone seen a bug like this before Can someone tell me how to flash FL and two FL 's and PAT files with Winphlash Or force the boot CD image to update I ned to revert the factory BIOS to check that the charging circuit is OK nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-mod-bios-bug/td-p/3333150
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been getting regularly occurring BSODs with various errors. Looking for help please.
The dump output from BSOD program and performance monitor data are attached.

The system is:
Laptop
Lenovo T410
Current OS is Windows 7 and is the one that came with the system.
System is 3 or 4 years old.

The BSODs seem to occur during heavy browser usage. Having multiple tabs opened and switching back and forth between tabs, the browser, and desktop apps. But almost always (if not always), when I am in a browser window.

Thanks,

Paul T.

A:BSOD Lenovo T410

Additional info ... The internet browser being used seems to be unimportant. I get BSODs with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Paul T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-lenovo-t410-761169.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had to reload W7 and cannot find drivers on the driver page for these:? Any help appreciatted!Device manager?

A:T410 driver issue

Welcome to the forum!

Install and run Lenovo System Update, it should take care of the missing drivers: click me!

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-driver-issue/td-p/3477243
Relevancy 43.43%

On T410 upgraded Windows 10 32bit op sys to 64 bit and Epson projector no longer works.   Worked flawlessly and effortlessly prior to upgrade to 64 bit.  Help? thankshal mann

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-64-bit-projector/td-p/3464149
Relevancy 43.43%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys nbsp I need your help here I bought a refurbished T in Oct from Newegg It has a Win professional Today when I turned on the computer it first give out a brief it 15. bought in a has refurbished. t410 ... Oct. Now Thinkpad then it gave out a brief green screen Finally it will stay on a 'black' screen It seems that my screen is 'good' since it first has very briefly Thinkpad Recnetly I have downloaded software which I supspect it has virus on it Also to day before t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... I turned the computer t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... off I changed the computer time to Jun I am not sure if these activities are related to my 'black' screen nbsp I later connected a external display and I could do everything on it my external display is good nbsp Lenovo 'black' screen external display is working when the computer is turned on 'Thinkpad' briefly showed up then a brief green screen then goes to 'black' nbsp Please give me your advices Thanks nbsp Dan nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t410-refurbished-bought-in-Oct-15-Now-it-has-a-black-screen/td-p/3338506
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, Trying to get Bitlocker working on a t410. The bios is enabled for TPM and the drivers are installed. When trying to enable Bitlocker i'm getting a message saying: A TPM module must be present on this computer but a TPM module was not found. Any ideas? Thanks,Mike

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Bitlocker-issues/td-p/3465935
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I have a T410 that's from 2010 with the i5 520m cpu. I bought it used recently and I don't think the bios has ever been upgraded. When I follow the regular instructions of entering BIOS --> Config --> CPU, I saw a menu of four choices. The bottom two wereIntel(R) Virtualization Technology [DISABLED]Intel(R) VT-d Feature [DISABLED]I tried to change them, but strangely the menu only let me navigate through the first two choices (I can't recall them exactly now but they didn't seem to have anything to do with virtualization), nothing seemed to allow me to access the bottom two choices...  How should I go about fixing this properly?  I want to be very careful with upgrading/flashing BIOS as I really don't want to end up with a brick Thanks

A:Enabling Intel VT-x in a T410

Look for your BIOS Version and post it(You can find it on the start page of your BIOS)VT-x is supported by your CPU, but maybe there are conflicting settings..Maybe you really have to update the BIOS but that shouldn't be a real problem...Use a disk image, hook your thinkpad to the power and let it be for 20 minutes or so... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Enabling-Intel-VT-x-in-a-T410/td-p/1851016
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Iam new here my wifi card broke and I want to replace it!.Original card is Intel centrino advanced - n - 6200 FRU 60Y2331.Can I replace whit this one T410s wifi card Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300. And what equalizer would you recommend to make sound better. Thank you!All The Best,Janar

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-WIFI-card/td-p/3382868
Relevancy 43.43%

At the end of the day when I close my laptop, the display will turn off but sometimes the system won't go into sleep mode. I then have to open the lid again and completely shut down the system. Is there an easy way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/System-won-t-sleep-on-T410/td-p/3345906
Relevancy 43.43%

Without any indication of slow computer etc.. suddenly a very short blue screen then unable to boot from any device.

I had changed to a new SSD just 8 months back.

I need help with this otherwise nice Laptop.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624367/my-t410-with-ssd-is-not-booting-from-any-device/
Relevancy 43%

Hello there,I wanted to get all my data from my old Thinkpad T410, so I took out the SSD which was installed in it and connected it to my newer Computer. The problem is that my new bought Computer did not recognize the drive at all, so I tested the drive externally on my Thinkpad and this doesn't recognize it either nor will it boot from it when it is connected via USB. I tested the drive on Windows, Linux and MacOS, there are no problems with my external connector, my Thinkpad boots without problems from other USB-Drives and the drives work internally without any problems. On Linux, the drives are detected but not mountable and not formatable... I hope someone has an answer to this problem 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-SSD-HDD-not-recognized-externally/td-p/3425062
Relevancy 43%

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Driver Help

Quote: Originally Posted by verbatim20

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

Hi verbatim, you can find the drivers here Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (GB)? if you need further help post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/183853-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-driver-help.html
Relevancy 43%

A friend dropped off a T410 system. Windows is flakey and locks up after about 5 minutes. Ran the HD test program in the BIOS. It finished but gave me a bunch of 0000 Read verification errors though the controller tested fine. What I'd like to do is format the Windows partition and re-install. But I don't have Windows disks (there is a COA sticker for Windows 7 Home Premium 64). Can I build a set of recovery disks from this system? Even if Windows won't run? Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Refurbished-T410-Windows-flakey/td-p/3379948
Relevancy 43%

I have a brand new issues T410 BSOD Thinkpad T less than a week old and I have been having problems with it When Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues I first got it right out of the box I would get a quot windows does not recognize one of your usb devices quot message and when I went to device manager quot unknown device quot was the issue So I uninstalled it and I thought that was that A couple days later I started getting BSoDs with the error code quot BUGCODE USB DRIVER quot I have gotten a bunch since then I would guess around and they seem to happen fairly randomly I haven't been able to pick up a pattern Here's some basic system information OS- Windows Pro -bit Came pre-installed I have not reinstalled it Like I said my computer is less than a week old Well it shipped out of Lenovo's warehouse on june st but it arrived around july th or th I have an intel graphics media accelerator HD not sure if that's the name of the video card or not Anyways any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

A:Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

here's that zip file I'm supposed to post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/thinkpad-t410-bsod-issues-497590.html
Relevancy 43%

I need some help please I keep getting Consistant I5 BSOD T410 Lenovo a BSOD like clockwork on my Laptop The Laptop can run in safe mode with no issues Tested this last night and this it was still on this morning I initially thought it was the ram so I removed the onboard Gb and replaced it with a new chip Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 I thought it Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 was the video drivers so I tried all Lenovo's recommended Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 drivers but it doesnt work cause according to the drivers I dont have a graphics card I reloaded windows to bit by doing a clean install and have not loaded any other drivers except the ones thats generic by windows I am clueless as I have tried every angle possible Anyone pls Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C C C BCP F EA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Danie AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225684-consistant-bsod-lenovo-i5-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello, Model: 2522-DM1 I'm looking for new hard drive for upgrading my exisitng 320GB HDD but i have one question thatwhat will be the maximum hard drive capacity support in my system?? In lenovo site it has mention max 500GB HDD and 250GB SSD but when i go through forum and other online utility where it has mention that it can support upto 1TB HDD,SSHD and SSD. see below linkhttp://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//thinkpad-t410-series someone please clarify this.. if 1TB is supported then i would intereset in seagate SSHD 1TB 32GB NAND (P/N:ST1000LX001) and also i have seen Toshiba SSHD which is also good but i need expert's suggstion on this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Hard-disk-upgrade/td-p/3371277
Relevancy 43%

Good afternoon all nbsp While I have researched the heck out of this issue I have not been able to come up with anything useful I have been having this ongoing problem with my Lenovo 10) Above T410 Battery - (Windows 74% Not Charging T laptop and the battery charging above Sometimes the charging light will turn amber sometimes it will stay green with a random quick flash here and there I'm trying T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% to determine for a fact if the battery I have is not functioning or if it's something else T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% causing it Below are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot nbsp Completely discharged battery and recharged with laptop off Reseated battery and attempted to remove dust from battery connection port Checked Windows registry for settings regarding charging actions at certain percentages This was initially upgraded to Win - Fully remove Lenovo Power Manager from machine Verify using HWInfo that it appears the battery health is good can provide image if requested Completely reformatted and fresh installed Windows There may be a step or two I have forgotten but if someone asks I'll let you know if I did it or not I would love to get this fixed as the laptop serves my purposes other than having a fully charged battery If there's a surefire way to know factually if it's the battery then I'll go ahead and replace it Thanks all

A:T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74%

Have you tried recalibrating the battery? Open Lenovo Power Manager -> switch to advanced -> Battery -> Battery Maintenance -> Perform Reset. It will take a lot of time to complete, don't remove AC power while this is running. Let it run while you are sleeping or something similar so that you won't have to interrupt the process.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-Battery-Not-Charging-Above-74/td-p/3373420
Relevancy 43%

Hello nbsp since beginning of the year I have started to have connection problems to any wireless network All of a sudden the laptop no more connects to any wireless network home school phone hotspot and always shows an error Cannot connect to this network It worked before but aftero some unknown update the connection cannot be established anymore nbsp The issue was present on Win system but even after upgrading to Win it still doesnt work Latest system and Lenovo companion updates were installed I have also tested multiple WAN drivers current one is - Intel Centrino Advanced N I have tested live Fedora DVD and it connected to any wireless network just fine - the problem have to be somewhere in the Windows OS nbsp Troubleshooting via Windows tools didnt help at all also running system check via Lenovo Solution Center didnt return any result In Windows system setup is the adapter set to NOT safe power when on battery nbsp Any help will be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Here are some things to try Check for Unknown Devices in Device Manager Right click on start and select Device ManagerDouble left click on section titled "Unknown Devices" if listedReport back any Unknown Devices which are listed Turn off any firewalls you might have with your AV, or the Windows Firewall (just for testing) Right Click on Start, and select Control PanelOpen Windows Firewall control panelChoose option "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off"Test your Wifi Reset Windows Network settings Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commandsType:  netsh winsock reset  and press EnterType:  netsh int ip reset  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /release  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /renew  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /flushdns  and press EnterReboot and test your WiFi connection  Uninstall WiFi Adapter/driver and install fresh driver  Connect to internet using wired Ethernet LAN Uninstall the Wireless adapter from Device ManagerRight click on start and select Device ManagerDouble Left click on Network AdaptersLocate your WiFi Adapter and select Uninstall (make sure to select the option to "Delete driver software for this device"Once complete, right click on Network Adapters from within Device Manager and select "Scan for Hardware Changes"Windows should redetect your adapter and download the correct driver. Create Diagnostic reports Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commands ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt netsh wlan show all >c:\wlan.txt Two text files (ipconfig.txt and wlan.txt) will be created on the root of your harddrive or C:\.    Please locate and attach to a reply using the Choose File option. Good Luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Cant-connect-to-any-wireless-network-T410-Win-10/td-p/3300169
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to figure out if the slow performance of my T410 (on certain apps - mainly Firefox and Quicken) could possibly be caused by an overheating problem that I know I have (because I sometimes get a "fan error" on startup, and because it is hotter to the touch that it seems it should be).  My speculation is that maybe the CPU has a temperature monitor, and when the temp gets too high it throttles down the CPU.  Is there any truth to that idea? ~ Thanks in advance~ Ken

A:Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

That is true.Your fan error means your fan is running slow, which would hurt cooling

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-overheating-cause-slow-performance-on-a-T410/td-p/3484435
Relevancy 43%

About two weeks ago, I began getting BSODs on a 9 month old ThinkPad T410 running Win Professional 7x64, OEM. This is the original install of the OS, and there have been no recent hardware changes. Prior to this issue, the machine has performed without any failures.

Today's failure happened quite spontaneously (or so it seemed to me) while the ThinkPad was sitting unattended and unused for about 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

A:ThinkPad T410 100000b8 BSODs

Hello and welcome,
Uninstall Acronis Software as dump blames them.

Update your Conexant Modem: Lenovo Support - Modem Adapter Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad

Code:
CAX_CNXT.sys Wed Jul 01 07:59:52 2009
CAX_DPV.sys Wed Jul 01 08:05:11 2009
CAXHWAZL.sys Wed Jul 01 08:01:14 2009
mdmxsdk.sys Tue Jun 20 09:27:26 2006
Update your ThinkPad TrackPad: Lenovo Support - UltraNav driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Code:
ltpFiltr.sys Mon Jun 15 01:49:50 2009
ltpwrflt.sys Mon May 11 15:47:52 2009
Update your RIM Software ---> Research In Motion - Products

Code:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys Tue Nov 25 06:01:01 2008
Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000B8, {fffffa8006c7c680, fffff8800316efc0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC (b8)
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
This is an illegal operation and the stack track will lead to the offending
code and original DPC routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006c7c680, Original thread which is the cause of the failure
Arg2: fffff8800316efc0, New thread
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Stack address of the original thread
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8006c7c680

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032ea992 to fffff800032e7eda

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03193580 fffff800`032ea992 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06c7c680 fffffa80`00000000 fffff880`0f8b487c : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`031936c0 fffff800`032ed1af : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03164180 0000000f`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`03193750 fffff880`01818e71 : fffff880`0182b100 fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`031937f0 fffff880`0182b100 : fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 : snapman+0x18e71
fffff880`031937f8 fffff880`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 : snapman+0x2b100
fffff880`03193800 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 fffffa80`07d7a348 : 0xfffff880`00000000
STACK_COMMAND: .thread 0xfffffa8006c7c680 ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
snapman+18e71
fffff880`01818e71 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: snapman+18e71

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: snapman

IMAGE_NAME: snapman.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 45265d99

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0ffc0000 fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153766-thinkpad-t410-100000b8-bsods.html
Relevancy 43%

Woke up one morning to a dead PC. Wouldn't boot. Downloaded and burned Hiren. Which does boot. Does this mean its my HDD?
Can I use Hiren to try and repair HDD? Buy a new Hdd and install Win10 from thumb drive?
Thanks
Paul

Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

I recently bought an ultrabay adapter off ebay that was compatible with the T T S nbsp The Lenovo part would be nbsp HDD T410 Ultrabay Question SOLVED! - ThinkPad Serial Hard Drive Bay Adapter III P N nbsp N nbsp I took out the original GB HDD and put an Intel X -V in the main HD bay nbsp T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED! Then I put the original drive in the Ultrabay Adapter nbsp When I power up the machine the Ultrabay drive spins up for a second and the light on the adapter comes on and then the drive turns off nbsp The Ultrabay drive is not found by the BIOS I have - installed nbsp I called Lenovo tech support and was told that there is no Ultrabay adapter for the T and the website confirms this when I search for storage adapter accessories for it nbsp Is there some way to get a second HDD to work in the Ultrabay nbsp EDIT The solution Thanks to Dd nbsp To enable the DVD automatic power off feature open the Advanced view in Power Manager go to the Power Plan tab and expand the System Settings dropdown Now set nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp to nbsp Enabled nbsp on AC and battery You'll be able to see and set this setting nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp only if your DVD drive is inside of your ultrabay After being idle for or minutes your DVD drive will be powered off Then this new icon Other E Powered Off will appear in My Computer nbsp nbsp Make a shortcut of that icon on your desktop nbsp because after you remove your DVD drive this icon will disappear from My Computer Remove the DVD drive place your ultrabay hdd adapter double click that shorcut which you placed on the desktop and it will power on your ultrabay As I said in my previous post after you restart Winodws you'll have to double click that shortcut again to power on the ultrabay nbsp You can just go to Safely Remove Drive to power it down when you're not using it Solved Go to Solution

A:T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED!

you got a knock off or the real one? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultrabay-HDD-Question-SOLVED/td-p/236873
Relevancy 43%

Hi, My T410 would not power on, nothing when pressing the button. It will power up if I remove the cmos battery, plug the power in, unplug, re-connect the cmos battery and then plug the power in, and it works fine then...until it's powered off of course and the cycle begins again. I thought it may be a faulty cmos battery so I have changed that to no avail. Next step is to change the keyboard I guess? the power button seems to do nothing...it will not power the laptop off etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before I spend 20 or so on a keyboard off Ebay. Thanks, Terry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-on-issues-strange-one/td-p/3438428
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys,

I got Lenovo T410, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, and it function well besides that I don't have comunication, no WiFi nor by cable. I assume driver is missing. Any suggestion?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/388823-communication-driver-lenovo-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Have been trying to upgrade my T410 running Win7 SP1 64bit  from 2x2GB to 2x4GB RAM (KVR13S9S8/4, Kingston ValueRAM 4GB SO-DIMM, 204Pin, DDR3-1333MHz, 4GB, DDR-1333 (PC3-10600), CL9, 204-Pin) but Windows doesn't start with this memory. The weird thing is that the PC boots and i can enter the BIOS and can see the 8GB installed, but Windows 7 hangs at the startup screen and never comes up. I first thought of defect in RAM and have requested replacement from vendor, but same issue with new RAM modules. Any idea why this is? Tx

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:2x4GB RAM on T410 doesn't work

Does it boot with one stick installed?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/2x4GB-RAM-on-T410-doesn-t-work/td-p/1365891
Relevancy 43%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 43%

There are ultra bay adapters for the T410, as well as many other T-series laptops so you can install a 2nd hard drive in place of the CD or DVD drive.  I have the adapter and drive but for some reason the computer doesn't recognize the drive in the bay.  You can hear the drive attempt to power on and spin but after it boots there isn't any sign of the drive.  Are there some steps I'm missing, something I need to change?   I just updated to a 240GB SSD, so the 2nd drive is the OEM 250GB HDD it does still have the OS installed, which would be wiped if I could just get the drive to load so I could format it and use it as a storage drive.  I'm running Windows 10 64bit.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultra-Bay-For-2nd-Hard-Drive/td-p/3334989
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello - I'll try to be succinct and cover everything I have tried nbsp I have a T i with Win installed along with all issue suggestions needed please! power - T410 the drivers nbsp It has been working fine T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! but I seem to be experiencing a power issue nbsp This first manifested itself as the screen going blank and refusing to come back on nbsp Thinking it was overheating my partner opened it up and cleaned out the fan my partner fixes Lenovos as a field engineer and applied thermal paste to the processor nbsp All seemed well I was working on it plugged in when suddenly it T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! shut down nbsp I tried to restart it but without success so I left it plugged in with the orange light flashing and went off to have supper nbsp When I came back the orange light was still flashing so I decided to leave it to charge overnight Next morning - orange light still flashing and although it would power up there were odd things going on when I looked in Power Manager nbsp It showed the battery as being good for hours although I knew that if I took the AC adapter out it would close down nbsp So I tried a different known good battery - same thing nbsp Then a different PSU - same thing nbsp On the desktop it shows as charging for half a dozen animations then goes static - Power Manager says it's charging but doesn't display the 'time left to fully charge' and isn't actually charging at all nbsp So - here are the things I've changed and tested at each step nbsp The battery nbsp The PSU trying both w and w - power manager recognises them for what they are but no charging actually happens Hard drive with a fresh install of Win Motherboard Processor Palmrest Memory including using just one in each slot Keyboard nbsp Because motherboards one with nvidia graphics and one Intel both exhibit the same behaviour I am now at a complete loss and the only thing left to change that I can think of is the screen so I might do that while I wait for a response nbsp If I appear to have overlooked anything obvious then please let me know - I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out by a process of troubleshooting but I'm beat this time

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-issue-suggestions-needed-please/td-p/3358458
Relevancy 42.57%

My lenonvo thinkpad t is stuck in startup I was checking email and I noticed that my screen was freezing up a bit when an error message box came on up loop stuck in start T410 Lenovo screen unfortunately I did not take note of what it said and my computer began to shut down by itself I hit the power button to make sure it wouldnt restart and gave it minutes before i went to turn it back on Now when i try to turn it on it shows the lenovo splash screen but then goes black and shows the splash screen again never proceeding to windows I have spent most of the say looking up possible solutions but while many people have had similar problems most other posts involve system recovery options which do not appear on my screen It is allowing me to boot into BIOS but I have not been able to find a solution there Do I need to reinstall Windows Please help nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a T410 here that has no product number, only a spare number and the serial number.  I cannot even check warranty on this thing without the product number, and trying the normal t410 product number does not work. Does this thing even have a warranty?

A:T410 Thin Client no product number

Hello, You may check the warranty of a unit with just the serial number here - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 

Regards,RobYI am an HP employee... I don't speak for HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-Thin-Client-no-product-number/td-p/5755952
Relevancy 42.57%

System information:

- Lenovo T410
- Bought December 2010
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM
- Hitachi 500 GB hard drive
- NVIDIA NVS 3100m Optimus Graphics 512MB DDR3 with AMT
- 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) + I installed another 4 GB

I have not reinstalled the OS. The laptop had BSOD's right out of the box. They are unpredictable and occur 1-4 times per day. I disabled the switchable graphics, which seemed to reduce the frequency of the BSODs a little. I've updated the system via Lenovo's System Update tool. I called Lenovo's technical service and they ran through their stock checks and it didn't help.

I've attached the dump and system file collection + system diagnostics.

Thanks for any insight,
Dave

A:Frequent BSOD - new Lenovo T410 laptop

Hi davevoyageur and Welcome.

For a stable set up your Ram should ideally be matched. Same Manufacturer. Type. Model. Size. Batch. Timings. Etc..
Have you tried uninstalling the one stick and seeing if the blue screens continue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144609-frequent-bsod-new-lenovo-t410-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.57%

HelloI am planning to update my t410 with an egpu adapter.What interface should I consider? Express card or maybe pcie?Which version of the express card is in that platform (t410)?And I really want to know the same about pcie.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-t410-egpu-upgarde-which-connection/td-p/3423952
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, one of the mouse buttons at the front of the pad came apart a few weeks ago, and today so did the second one!  there are a lot of videos showing how to replace a keyboard key, but none about how to replace these mouse buttons. No sign of any damage / broken pieces. Photo attached This is not a machine used alot either. Any help would be greatfully received! BTA

Mouse Buttons.jpg ?2081 KB

A:Can you replace t410 front mouse buttons???????

I cannot tell if the plastic clips are damaged without close inspection, but it looks like the 2 rubber cups that provide the spring for the buttons are missing.  I have never done very well getting them to attach to the base and I have tried several adhesives. 

You can replace the touchpad from the keyboard, but taking it apart is easier the 2nd time and the cable clips are fragile.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-you-replace-t410-front-mouse-buttons/td-p/3426006
Relevancy 42.57%

hi, i have a laptop lenovo T410 that run on window xp.
After running the window, i am prompted to log in but i forgot the password.
So what must i do. How do i reset the laptop to its original factory setting.
Thanks.

A:how to reset lenovo T410 to factory setting.

All your files will be lost. Do you want to recover them first?

Do you know the Administrator password?

Do you have a blue button above the keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-lenovo-t410-to-factory-setting.1036696/
Relevancy 42.57%

The thinkpad hasn't been used for nearly a year and two months since i purchased it from my friend. Lenovo Power Manager recongnized the battery for a few seconds then says:  Could not detect battery, please reinsert battery or recharge the battery. I applied double sided tape to the thinkpad battery so it wouldn't wobble. Still the same problem. Battery was purchased 2014-06-04.It is an aftermarket battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3413116
Relevancy 42.57%

I've just successfully completed a win 7 pro x64 - > win 10 pro x64 upgrade on my T410.I can't seem to successfully enable Bluetooth to install and recognize and pair with a set of Bose QuietComfort 35 (QC35) Bluetooth headphones (which pair perfectly well with my iPhone). the QC35 does list on the sound playback devices, but along with a vertical red arrow.Lenovo does not have any updated drivers for Bluetooth on my T410 with win 10, 64 bit.....HELP anyone?  Pretty please?  Is there perhaps ANY workaround that anyone knows of to accomodate Lenovo's tardiness to provide updated Bluetooth drivers for T410 with win 10?Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated ! ThanksJonathan

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-win-10-x64-Bluetooth-pairing-with-Bose-QC35-issue/td-p/3435054
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently my T410 laptop has had issues with charging the battery, the battery is plugged in and not charging.I have attempted updating the firmware for the battery, it failes half way through as the battery cannot be not identified.The lenovo power mannager does not resolve the issue either as it cannot detect the battery. Any advice on diagnostics or resolutions would be greatly appreciated, as after contacting lenovo support, they simply told me to replace the battery. Which I am happy to do but only as a last resort. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3355260
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently my T has been overheating and shuttind down after a few hours of browser usage I believed this was due to a heating problem so I finally got under the keyboard today only to find little to no dust or after shuts seconds power approx. on T410 20 down debris clogging up the heatsink fan Just to be safe T410 shuts down approx. 20 seconds after power on I hit it with the compressed air again After reassembling the laptop now shutdown after a short period of being powered on This shutdown happens regardless of me getting into windows loading or getting into the BIOS setup I think this too may be an overheating problem as I see and hear the fan spinning up harder before the sudden shutdown nbsp nbsp I've tried everything from running with only the AC in only one ram card in holding the power button for seconds prior to actually powering up etc Is there any more troubleshooting I should preform or should I just accept the fact I'm better off handing this to a repair professional nbsp nbsp Side note After reassemble I had screws that didn't fit anywhere on the exterior casing maybe I mistook a screw placement and now it's somehow short circuiting

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-shuts-down-approx-20-seconds-after-power-on/td-p/3376043
Relevancy 42.57%

I just upgraded my T BIOS to I don't recall the exact previous version number but I believe it was in the 's nbsp Since I've done this two things have happened the trackpad no longer works and the Trackpoint is now very laggy slow jumpy it looks problems. have now bios, Upgraded T410 Ultranav like it only updates about twice a second Here's a video of what it's doing nbsp https www youtube com watch v YzHL ZI TcM nbsp I'm using Windows here in this video Upgraded T410 bios, now have Ultranav problems. The CPU load shown in Task Manager is very low indicating it's not the computer itself lagging Secondly if I boot the Windows install CD or an Ubuntu LiveCD the same problem is happening indicating that it's an issue with the laptop BIOS itself not with Windows nbsp So far I've tried nbsp - removing the battery unplugging the laptop- disabling the trackpad trackpoint in the BIOS booting Windows re-enabling it nbsp I found this while Upgraded T410 bios, now have Ultranav problems. searching on here for the same problem Though it's a different laptop BIOS maybe it's the same bug nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile UltraNav-Trackpad-stops-working-after-ne nbsp Anyway the onboard Ultranav is now pretty much unusable on this laptop and I'm now stuck using an external mouse any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Upgraded T410 bios, now have Ultranav problems.

Also, I attempted to file a support ticket except the Lenovo website is doing this. http://i.imgur.com/kNyUMcl.png

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Upgraded-T410-bios-now-have-Ultranav-problems/td-p/3318055
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello there, My Thinkpad's cursor is having freezing issues after upgrading to win10. When I move the cursor, it once in a while freezes and it's not related to the trackpad or trackpoint. I plugged in an external mouse and had the same problem again. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, the problem is still there. I really don't know what else to do. I checked all the settings on synaptics, searched the whole internet. Still couldn't have found a solution for it. Here on this link people with Lenovo laptops are having the same issue as well. Will Lenovo solve this problem and maybe put a new driver on the official site? Thank you

A:T410 Mouse Freezing Problem After Upgrading to Win...

Dear subdivided,

welcome in lenovo community,

Kindly try to download and install the below driver, after uninstalling the current one,

http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbu...

Regards,
Joseph

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Mouse-Freezing-Problem-After-Upgrading-to-Win10/td-p/2171435
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a T with Windows risky? ThinkPad 10 T410 to Windows Is upgrading Professional which Microsoft invited to upgrade to Win In preparing the computer for Win a message indicated that some functions would not work I did not realize that in taking the next step whateve that was at the time it would gto ahead with the upgrade I found that the offer to choose when to upgrade was a choice of three different pre-assigned days I had to turn Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? off the computer to stop the upgrade there was no other way I tried Task Manager Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Process Explorer Alt F etc Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Now it is just reserved and waiting nbsp My concerns are nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -will an upgrade result in a Windows Professional or will distinctions between Home and Profesional be lost nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -the preparation process indicated that Intel PROSet Wireless would have to be re-installed As best as I can understand from the Intel site the wireless adaptor Intel Centrino Advanced-N AGN in the T is not supported in Win The Intel site said to go to the manufacturer Will Lenovo have an update for this nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -Intel PROSet Wireless may not be critical to me but a wireless driver will be Will the T wireless function still function nbsp Has anyone had experience with the T moving to Win nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky?

Hi and welcome, ssumOfficially, upgrade to the win10 on the T410 isn't supported:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535- win10 reduction matches the source OS.- definitely, Lenovo will not update the win10 drivers for the Intel 6200 itself, it's a deal of the Intel. But as you noticed there are no upgrades toohttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59470/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6200-Dual-Band- win8/10 manages wireles features from the metro app (Lenovo Settings, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lenovo-settings/9wzdncrfj12p#app-details) and Charms. For metro app some drivers are needed:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t41...Note there are not only win10 incompatible laptop components, but applications also.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Is-upgrading-ThinkPad-T410-to-Windows-10-risky/td-p/2176212
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 42.14%

Every time I go to my Google search page it redirects to https:clients5.google.com/pagead/drt/dn/. How do I stop it??

A:How do I stop google search from redirecting to clients5.google.com?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Every time I go to my Google search page it redirects to https:clients5.google.com/pagead/drt/dn/. How do I stop it??Try the fix on this page.https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/463?hl=en===If this fails then reset the browsers that have been compromised.Reset Chrome...Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon which is located right side top of the google chrome. Click "Settings" then "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen. Click "Reset browser settings" button. Restart Chrome.====How is the computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572103/how-do-i-stop-google-search-from-redirecting-to-clients5googlecom/