Windows Support Forum

Admin rights to local machine

Q: Admin rights to local machine

I have a windows 2000 network that someone previously setup. I am having problem logging into one specific machine. The account does not seem to have admin rights to the local machine. I logged in as domain adming on the machine and went to control panel->user and added the domian account to the local admionistrators group but it still has a problem. Where do I look from here. I tried this account on another machine and it worked fine.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin rights to local machine

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Admin rights to local machine

What type of network is it?

Peer-To-Peer, or are you using a domain?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-to-local-machine.217353/
Relevancy 107.93%

Folks - At my new job we are running about 16 PC's on a network and app.'s like outlook and some specific chapter 13 software..My question is.......if I sit down to a PC login as admin and start MS updates, then cannot make it make to the PC to complete them, can the user of that PC just login as them with their password and continue working normally, or can't they just cold reboot the PC then login and every thing's fine??? It is my understanding that if they return to their PC and see that an admin was logged in, they just needed to change it to their user name and password and everything's fine...?? YES or NO ???

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-on-local-machine-while-installing-ms-updates.711030/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi We upgraded our desktops from Windows XP to Windows Admin Local Admin Group Rights local without Assign with Windows XP we used the resource kit s CDROMLOCK EXE to lock down CD and DVD Once installed a user had to be in the local administrators group to access a CD or DVD on that desktop For Windows it is not Windows compatible so I run the EXE in Vista SP- Compatibility mode which works perfect My question With a user in the local admin group they have access to the CD and DVD but also have full access to the desktop which is of concern Does anyone know how to assign a user name Either local Desktop or a Server domain account to a Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group service or Exe Is there a way to either create a folder with full rights and then put the exe in the folder giving the user full admin rights to the folder or assign full admin rights to s single EXE file I am just not sure how Windows controls local admin rights other than the local Admin Group If Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group this is in the wrong group please move Thanks B nbsp

A:Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group

You should be able to right-click on the exe file, then choose properties. On the "Compatibility" tab, there should be a checkbox for "Run as administrator", which you can check (enable) and save settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assign-local-admin-rights-without-local-admin-group.1123053/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all I m a fairly Users for Kingdom Local Admin for My Rights My new guy to the whole My Kingdom for Local Admin Rights for My Users Active Directory thing and GPO paradigm so forgive me if the question seems droll - but I can t for the life of me figure out how to grant Local Admin rights to users on their laptops while logging into the domain I ve looked evrywhere - books forums websites - but there s not much information on the topic I usually hear the typcal security arguments IE - quot you re inviting malware quot and quot That s a bad idea quot Well when the bossguy can t get AOL to intall he s kinda pissy at having to call me over Ditto for every other software installation update etc I know one solution is to have the user log onto the local machine and have quot local admin rights quot but that requires that he log on intall log off log onto domain etc Too much too complicated The long and short of it is I m looking for a way to grant admin rights for their local machine while logged onto the domain Would I do this through groups GPO or a combanation Thanks so much for any information you could give me SW nbsp

A:My Kingdom for Local Admin Rights for My Users

The way to do it is to login to the computer with domain admin permissions (that's often the administrator account on the domain controller), manage local computer, local users and groups, administrators group, add, and choose the user that's supposed to have local admin privileges. Click OK for everything and you're good. A method I've used before is to create a group for each computer, add that group to the local administrators group, then you can add or remove a user from the groups as necessary. You can find out how to do it with group policy here --> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_21577234.html which is the top result in a google search for "how to grant local admin domain". I can't say I'm impressed with your searching skills unless this doesn't answer your question.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-kingdom-for-local-admin-rights-for-my-users.510872/
Relevancy 83.85%

My computer is member of "Domain Computers".
My domain account is member of "administrator".
When i logg into my computer with my domain user account i have although NOT administrator priviligies.

ex: i get this message when run: devmgmt.msc:
"You are logged on as a standard user. You can view device settings in Device Manager, but you must be logged on as an administrator to make changes."

What can i do to get admin rights.
I will do everything to avoid logging in to local computer with local user.

A:i have no domain admin rights on local computer

Quote: Originally Posted by nettmester

My computer is member of "Domain Computers".
My domain account is member of "administrator".
When i logg into my computer with my domain user account i have although NOT administrator priviligies.

ex: i get this message when run: devmgmt.msc:
"You are logged on as a standard user. You can view device settings in Device Manager, but you must be logged on as an administrator to make changes."

What can i do to get admin rights.
I will do everything to avoid logging in to local computer with local user.

Hi NM,

If your the domain administrator, make sure the existing domain group policy (designed for XP or Vista) is not being applied to your Win7 machine as its about the only thing can be reverting your permissions.

Steven

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/62601-i-have-no-domain-admin-rights-local-computer.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi guys,

This is driving me crazy. I just implemented roaming profiles, but now my users are having issues because some of our applications require local admin rights. Also, we allow them to install software as needed.

Is there a way I can give the users Local Administrator rights either using a logon script or any other way?

Thanks for the help,
Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-rights-with-roaming-profile.610857/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all.

I may be about to leave my workplace on an amicable basis. Rather than trying to delete everything on my machine (Dell Optiplex GX1, 500 Mhz P3) I would like to simply format my C drive. I have been led to believe that data can be recovered if simply deleted but not if a drive is formatted--please correct me if I'm wrong--I know miracles can be done with recovering data. However, we are on an NT 4.0 network and everything is clamped down tight.

The reason is that I don't want anyone to take any liberties with anything on the machine.

I searched around here for a while and did not see a solution.

All help appreciated--even if it is just to say it is impossible.

Best Regards,

Bob

A:How to format a C drive on a NT 4.0 machine without admin rights?

naim, we can give you benefit of doubt and say you're a good guy but w/out knowing what your full intentions are, niether I or anyone here on the forum will likely help you do what you want. Let's just say that I won't help you do that on a company PC and also... w/out loggin in with Admin privileges, you're optioons are next to nil.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-format-a-c-drive-on-a-nt-4-0-machine-without-admin-rights.112406/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a domain network with about 25 XP workstations. Currently they are all local admin users. We want to try to stop them loading unapproved software and other junk. Can I remove the local admin rights and just make them a standard user? If they are set as a standard user will the Windows Updates still install without entering an admin password?? Also, what about Java and Adobe updates? What is the best way to handle this?

thanks

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello guys Please help me find a way to solve my problem Yesterday when I first set up Win I have created a windows account with my email Soon after I have realized that my C Users folder was messed up it was a shorter version of my email so I decided to swith to a local account instead and to my huge surprise I have love every right to change anything I have tried every solution I have found on the internet I am able to boot in save mode but the cmd doesn't point to the system so I cannot execute NET USER Win local from after Lost account switching to one rights Admin 10 ADMINISTRATOR ACTIVE YES I spent hours and I couldn't fix it I even switched back to the win account and I still do not have any rights to make changes I can't even make changes in control panel in safe mode It's getting frustrating and after the update the solutions on the other forums do not even make sence anymore I just want a local acount with my right name and administrator rights Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70169-lost-admin-rights-after-switching-win-10-account-local-one.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi After Dell support tried to troubleshoot some network card issues they downloaded creating admin Malware appdata/local/temp files hijacking rights in & a buncha stuff including windows updates and drivers but also f-d some stuff up because after that my McAfee stopped working and Dell said it was a bug with McAfee that they were seeing a lot and uninstalled it paid version mind you and said to ignore it At the same Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights time they replaced the MB and ever since then I've been having issues with my MB sound where the sound from the speakers L and R come out of only the L integrated onboard speaker However if I plug in headphones into the jack then it properly plays L sound from L headphone and R sound from R headphone Dell keeps trying to get me to download this and that to try and solve the issue and I am worried that they are causing some of my problems Especially since the last series of updated they made to my drivers somehow made my McAfee not work at all and they disabled it Which is exactly the same time frame that all the files popped up in my temp folder I have no idea if any of this is related or just coincidental Then a week or so after I noticed my laptop's hard drive space got sucked in half with a small SSD it was clear something was wrong I noticed in my appdata local temp there are dozens of zip files being made each day named Temp - followed by a personal file folder name through Temp -xx everyday that I turn on my computer and it goes online it seems to generate a new series of these folder copies In addition I also see folders created titled Temp blinkyappRsrc en-US zip and Temp obsidianappRsrc en-US zip A during the last few weeks I did get the BS error with some sort of kernel error message that I unfortunately do not have a picture of It was when Dell was trying to troubleshoot my computer and downloaded some drivers I am not sure if it was a valid error or not but I thought I would just mention it Opening task manager there are multiple instances of the following running processes WmiPrvSE exe instances chrome exe instances nvvsvc exe svchost exe dllhost exe varies csrss exe This is a Dell xps z running Windows with Avast and having run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quick and full-no malware was found CCleaner has been run error checking Something just isn't adding up I would greatly appreciate any assistance AVAST detected a Win Trojan john exe in some of those temp files but has moved them to sandbox also i noticed that there were approx files folders in appdata local temp that I was not able to delete when i tried it told me i need admin rights well i'm the main account and only admin account holder so i couldn't understand why under my account as admin i am not given security to access those files so I checked the permissions and i saw home users and an unknown account S- - - - - - - both having permissions in addition to my account guest and administrators I deleted the unknown account and am doing a search on the user name on my C drive to see if I see it anywhere else so far it is showing up in C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - UA job protected lock icon C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - Core job protected lock icon SARVI- Z Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - SARVI- Z Users Sarvi AppData Roaming Microsoft Crypto RSA S- - - - - - - C ProgramData Microsoft PlayReady Cache not shared protected lock icon C Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - shared C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - pkg C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - tmp Any help would be greatly appreciated This is my only computer and I need it as it is my only method to work thanks again in advance for a... Read more

A:Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights

also as I stated, this is a SSD and I hate to think what all this adding/deleting is doing to the lifespan of the drive. if I even have a drive to save anymore since I can't seem to find what the heck has infected the system.

please any help would be greatly appreciated! I really need this computer in order to work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494585/malware-creating-files-in-appdatalocaltemp-hijacking-admin-rights/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can.

I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a local Admin account (not "Administrator" itself) but with the same rights as Administrator, for example being able to add a new user.

This was possible in previous versions of Windows - can it still be achieved and if so, how?

A:Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

You need to add your new local account to the administrators group. To do this log in with your original Administrator account. Then open an elevated command prompt (right click on start and select Command Prompt (admin).

Then type: net localgroup administrators "UserName" /add

where UserName is the name of your new local account.

You can check which users belong to the various groups with these commands:
net localgroup guests
net localgroup users
net localgroup administrators

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56221-give-local-account-admin-rights-same-access-administrator.html
Relevancy 70.95%

On Windows XP, installing iTunes requires admin rights. However, it is not good to use an admin account for regular work. For the Palm Desktop, the workaround was to grant admin rights to the user account, install the application using the user-turn-admin account, then ungrant admin rights. Will this last step cause problems for iTunes, or does iTunes require admin rights for its regular operation (outside of being installed)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/grant-user-admin-rights-install-itune-ungrant-rights-401232.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 63.64%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 63.21%

I cannot do a few things that require admin rights but I the account I'm using is an admin account. I made a new account and gave it all privileges, admin, backup operations, helpservicesgroup, network configuration operations and replicator but even with all those rights this user can't get windows updates.

This is where I noticed the trouble, I wanted to go to windows updates and it gave me this error:
[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates. Click to expand...

Any ideas?

A:Logged in as admin but have no admin rights

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-admin-but-have-no-admin-rights.781270/
Relevancy 63.21%

My problem is that even though I have only one user account defined on my machine and it is set to "Administrator" it is not being allowed to do admin types of things like deleting folders. I tried to create a user group but that's not an option on the Win7 Home Premium version that I use. How can it be that the sole account is not the admin even though it shows that it is in the account user setup?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 424790 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 381321 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAA
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled Microsoft Security Essentials in use

A:Admin user has no admin rights?

the actual admin account is hidden and disabled for security reasons,your referring to a account with admin privileges

go into properties for the drive and click on the security tab and check the permissions are enabled for your account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-user-has-no-admin-rights.1078283/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have two Windows VMs, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On both machines there is an account with administrative rights. On the Windows 7 VM if I run a DOS cmd window it is run with with administrative rights. However, on the Windows 8 VM the DOS cmd window has NO administrative rights.

Has anything changed between Windiws 7 and 8 in this respect?

Thanks

A:DOS Cmd run with admin rights if run from admin account?

Hello ndean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It's the same in Windows 8.

Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9968-dos-cmd-run-admin-rights-if-run-admin-account.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay, I'm very sure I set my account to be Admin, there's only one account anyway, yet W8 requests admin permission to do everything.

All because of this, I can't change the .ini of a game, I can't update Neverwinter Nights using the updater, I can't save .inis or .txts anywhere except documents...It's annoying.

I used to have W7 before, it never did this to me, but Windows 8 really deeply annoys me.

Now I'll be specific by saying that I only have "Windows 8", no Enterprise or Pro.

How can I make W8 stop nagging me everytime about admin rights? I AM an admin.

A:Windows 8 wants Admin rights, but I AM an admin

I took ownership of everything to get rid of the nag messages.
Someone else may have a better way...

A tutorial---

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49620-windows-8-wants-admin-rights-but-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So here is an interesting problem I ran into after working on the family computer (I was away at college and just got back for break).

After removing all the viruses, I was left with a computer where both the main user account and the Admin account did not have Admin rights. I can log into the Administrator account, but I cannot do even the most simplest of things, such as open Control Panel. So, I am at a loss to fix this. So simply enough, how does one restore administrative rights to the admin account when it has lost them.

Info:
Windows XP Home SP2
Control Panel, and many related functions, along side with such things as leftclick->properties on My Computer do not work (It says privilege removed, contact admin).
Even the Help will not open.

A:Admin rights for Admin account?

Please download Trend Micro's HJTInstall.exe to your Windows Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe . The application will install by default to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on the Install button. A shortcut icon will be created on your Windows Desktop.
When the installation finishes, the HijackThis application will launch.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. When the scan is complete, a log file should open in notepad.
On the notepad document, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and then paste the contents of the log file into your next reply to this thread.

>>Please-Do Not use the Analyze This button-the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted.
>>Please-Do Not have HijackThis 'fix' anything yet. Most of what if finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-for-admin-account.654522/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to carry out the steps in the Hijack this and malware removal instructions, but cannot get the Kaspersky scanner to run.
It says that I need Administrator privileges to install it.
I only have the one account on that machine, the Admin one.

User Accounts shows only the one admin account.

Any ideas how I get the rights back?
Computer is an HP Pavilion Laptop running XP pro SP2

A:Logged In As Admin, But Don't Have Admin Rights

try right clicking on it and selecting "run as admin"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148616/logged-in-as-admin-but-dont-have-admin-rights/
Relevancy 62.35%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 61.92%

I am trying to download Adobe Digital Editions and I keep receiving the error message

Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 786

I am the admin! I have turned off the password, I have right clicked on the program and chosen 'run as admin'-then nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated

A:"Unable to elevate to admin rights" error, when admin user

Try this:

Quote:
SOLUTION: download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab. Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

From a similar issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/953278?tstart=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/359020-unable-elevate-admin-rights-error-when-admin-user.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Can I copy the data of remote desktop to my Local machine. If No Why ?
Pls suggest.

A:Remotely Accessed Machine's Data can be Copied to Local Machine.

Click Start | Help and Support
Search on:
Cutting and pasting to and from a remote session
and
Accessing local files and folders in a remote session

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remotely-accessed-machines-data-can-be-copied-to-local-machine.878882/
Relevancy 59.77%

Now this is really weird It was fine until yesterday evening when I found unable to access my encrypted files My heart almost stopped beating I have lots of precious data and now its all locked with a stupid key I don t Need gone! rights Admin help!! have backup of that certificate public key Then I viewed event viewer and founf event ID which means bad block on hard drive I tried running chkdsk from cmd but it won t run as processes were using the C Need help!! Admin rights gone! drive I scheduled it for next reboot But it didn t run on reboot Need help!! Admin rights gone! I tried all the methods including registry editing SFC scannow safe mode methods Nothing work I downloaded a disk checking utility from hitachi which needs to be written on disk I started Nero but it said that I didn t have admin rights Amazing isn t it No one else uses my computer I enabled default admin account and Nero gives same error I installed elcomsoft Need help!! Admin rights gone! EFS recovery to recover encrypted files but it also says that I need admin rights So I tried every thing on net to gain admin rights again I ve tried everything I ve downloaded half a dozen spyware scanners Scanned with them all Repaired everything Tried everything Nothing works Apparently it makes me conclude that the sector which stored sam files or which contained some system files which proved i am admin and gave me access to encrypted files has gone bad I require some help here Anyone Yeah one more thing I ve tried around - cds to get into recovery console to run chkdsk from there but none of the cds contain recovery console Some light on this would help too

A:Need help!! Admin rights gone!

Please help. I really need it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231078/need-help-admin-rights-gone/
Relevancy 59.77%

My wife just got a new laptop with Windows 8, I don't know how to run that OS yet. We tried to change the time, from the lower right corner, but it won't let us citing admin rights. How do I go in and change or fix that so she can do whatever she needs to with the computer?

A:Admin Rights

is she logged in as an administrator

goto desktop
then goto top right hand corner
control panel
users
and see what she is setup as

when you first got the PC did you setup a user account and did you use an outlook.com / hotmail account ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights.1128406/
Relevancy 59.77%

For some reason I get pop-up messages saying I require admin rights when I try to do something such as changing settings in msconfig or running a program as admin. The thing; I am an admin. There's only one account on the computer.

Relevancy 59.77%

Ok, im in a massive pickle at the moment...

I followed a tutorial on this site, allowing me to skip windows logon and go straight to the PC. I setup "netplwiz" and unchecked the "users need to ptu in a password,"

i restarted the system to see if it was working, and i got a BSOD. I restarted again, and i got another BSOD...

i booted into safe mode and unchecked that box. By accident, i also took away my only account's admin rights. I have not activated the hidden admin file, and i cant run anything as an administrator. I've tried activating the hidden admin account but i keep getting "Access denied," not even bloody system restore works!

any tips on how to fix it, or do i have to reinstall for the 5th time?

thanks for your help.

A:Admin rights

Hello Ashk, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since you no longer have a administrator account, you may be able to boot into Safe Mode again as the built-in Administrator account automatically. If so, then you can change your user account type back to administrator again.

If not, then you can try a repair install instead of a clean install.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13065-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Installed Windows 8, loving it. However, one thing I've noticed is that every time I try to run anything, it runs it as a non-admin. I hate specifically clicking "Run as Administrator" every time I open a program so my question is this, is there a way to make it run every program as admin permanently?

nope, it's there for a reason. it prevents programs from really screwing stuff up without any user interaction. running everything as admin without any sort of user approval is a good way of breaking windows. it keeps you from accidentally deleting or moving something that really should not be touched.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/admin-rights-678972.html
Relevancy 59.77%

ok im getting sick of this I've got dozens of folders on my PC that i cant delete because apparently i need admin privileges even tho i am admin Even if i switch user to the dedicated hidden admin account it still tells me i dont have the rights to delete stuff from MY OWN COMPUTER It's utterly ridiculous Cant beleive i actually bought this joke of an OS I feel completely vindicated for pirating previous versions of windows and certainly wont rights.. admin be wasting money on future versions if this is the path they are going down Do i admin rights.. really need to install XP to be able to have a clean and tidy computer I can make a new folder and instantly i dont have the rights to delete it surely that cant be normal I really dont want to have to go back to XP but unless anyone knows a way to remove this stupid and completely unnecessary behaviour it seems like the only choice i have All i want is to have account my account from which i can do anything i like and yes i do understand the risks involved in that or if not and i do have to waste admin rights.. time switching to an admin account every time i want to delete uninstall something i at least want it to work from there which it currently does not I have the UAC set to the bottom but still it tries to babysit my every move So sick of it Linux is looking more attractive by the day

A:admin rights..

Something is wrong with your computer and probably installation of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/157299-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

HI everyone ,
Just want to say i enabled the hidden administrator account in windows 7 from the command prompt and i was trying to install dreamscene, but still it gives me you have no admin rights...what to do?
ALso theres another problem....a software CVAVR...when iwas installing it , got 2 errors , one same as above , that i needed to run as administrator(which i did from administrator account and also by right click and run as admin, but to no avail...) and second it demands an ioport.sys file in windows system32 folder...both work perfectly fine on my friends pc..he has same windows 7 pro...and he even doesnt have the hidden admin account enabled...still they both work for him...Can any1 please hellp?? My friend doesnt know either how his got working and mine not...please sum1 help!

A:No admin rights

Have you tried right-clicking on the dreamscene executable, and select Run as administrator?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59083-no-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Looking to make changes to my host file. Windows saying I need admin rights to make the chnage. However the account I have has admin rights! I have checked in control pannel manage accounts.
Any ideas on how to fix this? Just a new laptop.

A:Admin rights in 8.1

Edit the HOSTS File in Windows 8

Editing a HOSTS File in Windows 8: Method #1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54992-admin-rights-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I only have 1 account and it doesn't have administrator rights. Is there any way I can give it admin rights?

A:Need help with admin rights.

Hello Crozzy, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You will need to talk to the person that is the administrator of the computer to see if they will make you an administrator or not.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/25334-need-help-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi. In a corporate setting, I must sometime ask for admin access to change the smallest things. So sometimes they give me admin rights, and then take them away after I'm done. How can I keep them, without having to ask IT every time? Please leave legality and ethics alone, I'm only interested in the technical procedure. Thanks!

A:How to keep admin rights

Sorry bloke, we can't help you with that since it would contravene the rules under which we operate on this forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348458-how-keep-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

How can i run windows services (i.e. Tomcat, IIS) without admin rights.

On an XP machine I don't think you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-rights-397063.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a user who loses her administrator rights periodically and seemingly for no reason. Recently I was trying to install a postscript print driver and I'd start with admin rights and then sometime during the installation I'd lose them and wouldn't be able to complete it. Is there a reason that the admin rights are being lost?

Hi, developers are coming to terms with UAC and installations are looking for it if you turn it off the installation can fail, otherwise make sure you right click on the excutable and select run as administrator.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-rights-260041.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi DDS, RUN ADMIN NEED CANNOT RIGHTS there I have been having problems with getting around admin rights on my personal laptop I never set up a password for the account TsVk suggested I post the topic here since It wont allow me to install DSS and get the log in which he suggested in the post link below http www bleepingcomputer com forums CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS t i-cant-change-the-settings-in-the-user-account-for-admin p Thanks in advance Nannergto Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile Administrator No Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User NANNERGTO Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Enabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end

A:CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/560235 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560235/cannot-run-dds-need-admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

so i was messing around with c drive security permissions and now i have totally messed my window c drive up side down so gone help are admin me! rights now i can not run cmd to gain access to admin admin rights are gone help me! again because i have to run it in admin mode which i can not since i messed up the permissions on c drive security owner thing i have no idea how to gain it back so please list some ideas that i can get the rights back and admin rights are gone help me! i repeat i can not run anything in admin mode or install because window has gone mad computer specs bg ram mb DVM gb hard drive window ultimate bit i have srsly messed my laptops c drive security owner permission aahhaha help me minutes ago - days left to answer Additional Details okay i done system restore no luck i have done safe mode no luck i try to run cmd into a admin no luck i try to run quot services msc quot no luck basically i gave all the quot rights quot to the computer if know what i mean meaning i don t controle the computer i just boot it n run programs i can not admin them or go and edit the c drive settings i can not go in to and make a new account or change account rights or anything i am paralyzed and my window wont give the rights back also i cant go regedit or services service manager event logger they are all locked im locked out of my own systhem like me locked out of my house and my house now has the keys i can t break the window n get it cuz its a computer z i need a new way to get in the owner editing c drive so i can make my self the owner also i cant make another user account or anything also quick thing i tryed doing cmd net user and i cant type password in meaning i cant type anything when it asks for password in cmd nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I've tried nearly everyway to get admin on my laptop but it's not working. please give me suggestions to get me out of this predicament.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights.1161767/
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows 7 keeps giving me messages that I am not an admin user, but I am!
Why?

I would suppose that would depend on when it is saying that? A user with admin rights is not the same as being logged in as administrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40234-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi
Can any1 let me know how do i change my desktop background, whenever i change it after restarting my laptop, it comes bak to my Office's background. Guess need to change some policy. Got Vista Enterprise 32bit OS.
Can any1 help me plss.
Thanks

A:How do i get Admin rights..??

Navigate to keys:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

if you find in these keys value NoSaveSettings remove them +restart

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197533-how-do-i-get-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I ve had some problems Admin rights with my admin rights lately but malwarebytes found nothing I used the online trend-micro scanner and it found something called joke agent but it wasnt able to delete it After playing around in hijackthis and smitfraudfix i havent been able to find anything Hoping somebody can help me out Here s my hijackthis and smitfraudfix logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Admin rights Intel Matrix Storage Manager Admin rights IAAnotif exe C Windows System hkcmd exe Admin rights C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C Program Files HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item E amp ksporter til Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Oppslag - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http prerelease trendmicro-europe tive x win activex Backup hcImpl cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current swflash cab O - Service Intel R Matrix Storage Event Monitor IAANTMON - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe -- End of file - bytes Agent OMZ Fix Agent OMZ Fix Credits Malware Analysis amp Diagnostic Code S Ri Fix Fix Credits Malware Analysis amp Diagnostic Code S Ri RK DNS HKLM SYSTEM CCS Services Tcpip BC A- - D - B - BE CEE E DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip BC A- - D - B - BE CEE E DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip BC A- - D - B - BE CEE E DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CCS Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights.829839/
Relevancy 59.77%

Occasionally I need admin rights to do something. I've never set a pass as admin. How do I set myself as admin? No one else uses my laptop. Win 7 Home, 64-bit.

I've been running Windows since 3.1 and don't ever remember being asked to prove I'm admin.

Hello PinkiPad,

Ever since Windows Vista and above, the administrator account is actually runs "unelevated". When you do anything that requires elevated rights, you get prompted by UAC to approve first.

This is a security feature to prevent anything from running with elevated rights (run as administrator) without you having a chance to say Yes or No from a UAC prompt first. Anything that runs elevated has full unrestricted access to everything on the PC. This is why this is such a great security feature. Yeah, it could be a pain to have to approve first, but what's a couple of seconds to approve versus not having that option and some malware is able to run elevated in the background without you ever knowing. Run as Administrator
If you still want to be king of the castle per say, then you could enable the built-in "elevated" Administrator account to log on to for this. Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297948-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone

I have 2 user in my system
one is my user and second is administrator ... so when i get full rights on my user through change permission flow then it shows me error.. how to resolve this

Exactly what were you attempting to do when this error occurred?
The hiberfil.sys file is locked for exclusive access so you will not be able to set any of it's security attributes. The error is telling you that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/359359-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I am a beginner and don't understand the logic of Windows Admin rights I am the adminstrator the system control confirms that Still I can not save a txt file under programs in that case under Thunderbird Mozilla Chrome WHY The problem exists even when I individually rightclick Admin rights on Admin rights quot c quot then quot programs quot then quot thunderbird quot then quot chrome quot and as for extended user rights including Writing for all these folders - something that should not be necessary for Administrators anyway Following the advic eof another user I went to START cmd and entered net user administrator active yes - so now I could Admin rights login as quot Administrator quot Again my own private account is already indicated as Administrator - but even if I want to login now with this new User what's the password for Administratr My main problem actually is Why do I get the message that I can not save IF Admin rights I am the Administrator Thanks

Because you do not have Administrative right until you ELEVATE (See the UAC dialog) until then you run with standard user privileges to prevent system files from being changed. If you want to run something with Administrative power, right-click it then "Run as Administrator"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171778-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My log-in was setup with Admin rights. But, in some circumstances I am asked for the Administrator and password...I thought Admin rights are universal if you setup your log-in as an Admin?
An example is: While installing VLC I am being asked for the Administrator password and when I type my password, along with the administrator username, the response is that I am not an admin?

A:Admin rights?

Welcome
Some software requires that you right click and run as administrator. This is due to the software and not Seven.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162446-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm trying to un-install Apple's software updater (annoying), I ran the script "net user administrator /active:yes" at an Admin CMD prompt, but still got an error saying I didn't have enough rights to un-install it.
thanks for the help!!

A:Not getting Admin rights

This should fix your problem.1. Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks.2. Right-click on AppleSoftwareUpdate and select Delete.You can view these steps with pictures here: Apple software update removal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322299/not-getting-admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

hi my cousin has only one user account in her system, when i tried to create another one it is telling that you do not have admini rights plese some body tell me hou to get admin rights

A:getting admin rights

WHen you run the add user script from control panel it should prompt you with a UAC Window.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289512/getting-admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

Everytime I try do delete or run a basic program I get a pop up that says I'm DO NOT have admin rights.

lol

this is MY laptop and I'm the only user on it..

It means your account is a user account. Safer for everyday use.

User Account Type[11]=User%20Accounts

Tutorial thanks to Brink.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287058-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a compaq laptop running XP SP2, two days ago all my destop and pull down shortcuts stopped working, I now have no administrative autority to open any programs, including internet. I have trend software(up to date). I do see a microoft update install but I am not sure if this is part of the problem. If I could install a past backup I am sure that would sovle the problem??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-help-no-admin-rights.612138/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an XP machine connected to a server running win server with active directory I have a problem with a single account not having the same permissions as the other accounts within the same OU governed by a single group getting Not admin rights policy All accounts in this OU should have admin rights to the local PC the user is logged into but this one account does not I keep getting quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot every time I try to add a printer Not getting admin rights and other variations of permission related errors while doing some not all administrative tasks with that account I have checked the groups this account is a member of and all is correct there so i created a new account using a copy of the account with the issue and this new account was fine So basically I need some advice on the next step to take I figured it the issue might be in the users profile That a setting there is taking priority and denying the user admin rights but I have had a bad experience with editing roaming profiles over a network before and am now not overly confident in that area nbsp

A:Not getting admin rights

ok fine. this may be help u.
Have u tried to delete & reconfigure that account again. I strongly feel the problem is with the profile only. Sometimes it happaen to me with XP also.
Login with administrator account and rename the user profile folder. then login with tht account name, windows will aotomatically create a new profile for tht user if he is in a domain. try with the new profile. If doesn't work write to me.

Tnks & Regds
Jose
http://www.itechnoworld.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-getting-admin-rights.563129/
Relevancy 59.77%

I posted this topic a while ago and Rights Admin have had no replies I could use some help If this invader has truly taken over all my admin rights how can I change this Must I reformat C drive and install a new operating system Or will the virus still be there after this is done Thanks malwareremover infected my notebook last month I m running XP Tablet on a Fujitsu Lifebook P D After the infection I installed Norton and the popups stopped appearring that all was well The malware installed the tulip wallpaper as my desktop background and now I cannot change it In the display properties dialog box the quot Desktop quot menu selection has been replaced with quot Screensaver quot Right clicking on an image Admin Rights and selecting quot Save as Wallpaper quot does nothing I attempted to do a restore to a point prior to infection but the system will not allow this I tried to restore from disk but the system does not allow the attempt My BIOS has been locked with a password not of my doing As I have no interal DVD I must use an external USB optical drive The drive is operational Admin Rights normally Admin Rights but on bootup I can select it as the boot drive and the system ignores it What to do

Sorry for the delayed response but we are all volunteers and sometimes a topic thread will get missed.I have already responded in your other thread here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.This thread is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134268/admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I am new to this forum, seems to be loads of good info. I tried a search but
could not seem to find what I need. Hope you can help.

I have 4 machines all running xp, all are wireless networked, and files can be transfered etc providing the files on each machine are shared.

How can I setup 1 machine to have admin rights to the other 3, so I can use remote shut down and things like that.

Thanks for your help

Bun

you need to set up a remote desktop connection. firewalls must be configured to accept remote desktop connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-rights.64936/
Relevancy 59.77%

As a total novice at Vista and a new machine purchased I am keen to keep my son from getting inside this pc. He is always changing various settings without asking so I have tried to set his account to Standard User but he still seems to be getting past that to set himself as an Administrator. I have a password set on my account as Administrator so I do not understand how he is getting past this security. He is proficient at working pc's so when I ask him how he does he just says "I am good". Does he have a way of bypassing the user setting I have given him or does he know my password if the latter then easy to fix but if he has a way to bypass this then what can I do to stop it if anything? Any sensible advice would be much appreciated

Originally Posted by leaky143

As a total novice at Vista and a new machine purchased I am keen to keep my son from getting inside this pc. He is always changing various settings without asking so I have tried to set his account to Standard User but he still seems to be getting past that to set himself as an Administrator. I have a password set on my account as Administrator so I do not understand how he is getting past this security. He is proficient at working pc's so when I ask him how he does he just says "I am good". Does he have a way of bypassing the user setting I have given him or does he know my password if the latter then easy to fix but if he has a way to bypass this then what can I do to stop it if anything? Any sensible advice would be much appreciated

To the best of my knowledge, a standard user can't just change their settings to administrator. I'd stay away from pet's names and birthdates as passwords. Use something that can't be guessed, a non-word combination of upper case, lower case and numbers. IE: G711efx89y

Also, engage parental controls on him as well. Vista has some good control features for parents

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192519-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i just reformatted my pc and install windows xp pro sp3, i can install all other programs with no problem but when i try to install my graphics driver it says i dont have admin right when i am the admini have tried right clicking it and running as administrator but it just tells me denied

A:No Admin Rights

Have you tried redownloading the application?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388558/no-admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

Running Windows XP SP2 on Compaq w/512 ram and combo CD/DVD drive. When I attempt to save a file to DVD, get msg "you do not have admin rights". Any help appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights.388234/
Relevancy 59.77%

Can someone help me get back my admin rights.
I have just one user on my pc , its as a standard user.
Whenever I try to make a change I get a UAC notice telling me to
enter a password , but there is no place for a password nor do I have any
passwords on my pc.
I can't go add or change users or user right cause I just get that same message.
thanks

See if you can activate this administrator, if you can set up a new administrator account for yourself and delete the problem one.
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable[2]=User Accounts
You can also use the adminsitrator to go back to good times with system restore.
System Restore
See if you can get in with safe mode
Safe Mode
Maybe you can change the password
User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/136996-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello

Just installed Win 7 and using it for the first time, my user account has been crested as an admin but i am trying to edit the hosts file in system32/drivers and it will not allow me to save the edited version stating that it need administrator permission.

like i said i am very new to win 7 and have looked at my account etc but cannot see why it will not allow me to make these changes when my account is an admin account.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Quicky, until a smart member answers. Right click and you should see a run as administrator option. Might work, very new to this myself. You will get great answers here.
glennc

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118338-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Is there any way to allow the "limited" account user to have certain rights, as updating, downloading, and loading programs? Right now to do any of those I need to get the admin to log on, and he's getting annoyed with the constant updates, so is there a way to grant certain rights to the limited user?

A:Some rights for the non-admin

What operating system do you have?

For example, if you have XP Pro, you can right click on My Computer / Manage / Local Users and Groups / Users
Select the user you want and change the group they are a member of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-rights-for-the-non-admin.401336/
Relevancy 59.77%

My school has taken away are admin rights and we can't download .exe's. I thought maybe there was a way to convert a .exe to.zip. I searched around but all the program to download but I needed admin rights. Please tell me a way to download the .exe's or convert them to .zip's.

A:Admin rights and .exe

Pal sorry to say but there's a reason why these rights have been taken away form school. .exe files can cause all kinds of problems for the people trying to give you a decent education. The teachers and IT staff are only looking after yours and their own best interests.
Trying to circumnavigate their security is only going to break the rules that they have put in place to try and protect the systems that they have spent allot of time, money and resources on

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/127256-admin-rights-exe.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I upgraded this week from Win XP via new install formatted drive C to Win Home Premium currently app rights? need every admin does Why Build For years I have followed a method Why does every app need admin rights? of using the C partition for the system and D and E for my application data C and E are two partitions on hard disk a Samsung GB SATA drive D is on hard disk a WDC TB SATA drive All my basic applications Thunderbird eWallet Legacy Family Tree Picture Window Thumbs Plus et al read and write to my data on the E drive and were all running fine under Windows XP Now under Windows they either need administrator rights or XP compatibility in order to have write access to the files on E I have tried the following with properties on Drive E - made myself the owner my normal user account which has admin rights - given full access to myself and authenticated users in addition to System amp Admins - when that didn't help added Everyone and gave them full access to the E Drive and all sub folders and files I am the only person using this computer Then I right-clicked on Start Documents Properties and added the E drive to the library But in spite of all this when I run any of the above-named applications they have no write access to the files on Drive E Eg eWallet tells me it only has read access to my wallet file Legacy Family Tree thinks the data is on a read-only CD ROM Thunderbird spins forever trying to access my e-mail quot local folders quot on E etc If these apps are running in the context of my user account from where I start them shouldn't they have the same rights which my account has But only if I give an application Administrator rights or tell it to use XP compatibility will it work properly and have full write access to my data files on the E drive As I'd like to avoid this if possible this can't be the way it's supposed to work could someone please tell me how to set this up properly Thanks very much Bob

A:Why does every app need admin rights?

Welcome to the Microsoft Nanny state. It's called UAC(User Account Control), and it is a right PITA for a single-user home PC. If it's any consolation , it felt even worse in Vista.

What you can do.

Make sure you are an administrator with a strong password protected account. If you don't want to have to log on all the time, go here:

start button and type netplwiz and enter (alternatively - run, control userpasswords2) to bring up user accounts dialog box

uncheck the box: users must enter a user name and password...

On the advanced tab, make sure the ctrl alt delete etc box is clear.

OK and you will be asked to confirm your password 2x.

you will also want to check the screensaver password and resume after standby password check in the advanced power settings options is behaving as you wish.

In Control panel, user accounts, change user control settings, set the slider to 'never notify', or whatever you are most comfortable with.

You may also want to create an elevated privileges command prompt shortcut. On the desktop, right-click, new, shortcut, type cmd.exe, ok. Right click the icon and under the shortcut tab select advanced and check the 'run as administrator' box, ok. you may want to change the font, layout and color options to remind you that you have superior permissions in this command window. then copy this to the start menu.

make shortcuts for your legacy applications to run as administrator in the same way, and any that need compatibility for XP, too.

Then there are the folder options, but they are generally the same as in XP to customize.

With hindsight, you may regret having bought an upgrade - a full installation with a dual boot to XP may have been a more liveable solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153843-why-does-every-app-need-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows Vista and last night I was trying to install AVG Free and Sygate Personal Firewall. I was able to install AVG alright but when I tried to run the set-up for Sygate I got a message something along the lines of "you must have local administrator right to install/uninstall this program" - this action has been aborted.

I am the only user of this brand new computer and I have set my user account as Administrator. I was able to install AVG, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Office but why can't I install Sygate?

Any ideas? Any advice will be much appreciated.

PS I have a little understanding of IT but any advice which may be very technical might take a little explaining.

A:Local Administrator Rights

Right click the install file and "run as Administrator"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-administrator-rights.636495/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

Is it possible to enable local administrator rights to a user without restarting ?

thank you in advance...

A:local administrator rights

When you change the groups for an user, either add or remove from them, for the effects to take effect that user must logoff and then login again.
So if you're adding a user to the administrators group, and the user is logged on, he must close session and login again.
Restart of the whole system is not required in any case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/252238-local-administrator-rights.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It may sound weird but i have 1 user account on my pc and there is a problem with it. When i edit system settings for examplei change settings in msconfigi click ok and get a message that i need to have admin rights to change these settingsi click ok and a window pops out that the settings have been saved.i have been through a few infections in the past and i think that may be the problem source.am i infected with a rootkit like Kalon Wiggins suggested????(http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310256/admin-rights-mess/)

A:Admin rights mess

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.alternate download linkNote: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current versionRead the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311262/admin-rights-mess/
Relevancy 58.91%

Not sure if this is the right kind of site for me but I'm having having trouble remembering some info I was given about vista.

I'm trying to use a removal tool for AVG7.5 but even though I'm logged in as admin, it says I haven't the rights. On an old machine, I was given some settings to change in the registry to get full access which I did.

But I can't remember what changes I made.

Can anyone advise me on this please?
Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

N

A:Vista admin rights

im not sure on that but make sure the AVG program u are uninstalling is out of your processes http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1142838AAv6TET

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-admin-rights-407957.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am an local user in my PC, I don't have admin rights to install software's and do certain changes, even though i need to run IIS manager without admin rights. Please suggest me how to run IIS manager without admin rights.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ebff4e5f-4b88-46fb-b3cb-acd8acd133e7/to-run-iis-manager-without-admin-rights?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 58.91%

i was trying to update my computer and also fix a few things that spybot found and it said it cant fix anything because it doesnt have adminstrator rights. theres only one account on this computer and its an admin account and it has a password. by the way im using a netbook. i cant even use microsoft update website to because of this. whats wrong? i didnt change anything in the user account/control panel

A:Dont have admin rights?

Try right clicking on the program and choose run as a administrator from the drop down menu.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306913/dont-have-admin-rights/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him just a standard user from admin, the account we still have on our main desktop is only a standard user as well and i forgot to change it to an admin. I tried so many different ways. I tried command prompt, safe mode to giving the local account admin but the "YES" button is still blurred out. I have no idea what to do since this a new software and every method I have tried doesn't help.

A:Lost all Admin rights.

Option four here:
Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57552-lost-all-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 58.91%

[SOLVED] <--
Sorry to waste ur time, to solve this issue i restart in command prompt safe mode and typed in "explorer.exe" i opened Msconfig and disabled it via the tools menu, i could have just put

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

In the cmd prompt but that the slower way but for the people who have this problem and cant do it via msconfig, start in safe mode with cmd prompt and type in this

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

without the quotes and press enter, then restart your Computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-uac-without-admin-rights.775199/
Relevancy 58.91%

i was trying to update my computer and also fix a few things that spybot found and it said it cant fix anything because it doesnt have adminstrator rights. theres only one account on this computer and its an admin account and it has a password. by the way im using a netbook. i cant even use microsoft update website to because of this. whats wrong? i didnt change anything in the user account/control panel

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I am the administrator on my computer, I am adding another administrator, but I do not want the new user to be able to see my "my document" folder. I deny access to the administrator's group and keep access to myself. Yet I cannot access my own "my documents" folder unless I allow ALL admins.
How can I change this?
Thanks,
Rick

A:admin rights question

Show permissions (make screenshot) of "my documents" folder. Press advanced tab. Post it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276402-admin-rights-question.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have windows 8.

I recently restored my laptop to factory settings. I entered my microsoft account to make a user, and this was an admin. I created another user, went to control panel, and made my first account standard, and my new account admin.

The account I changed to standard still acts like an admin; as it does not ask for a password when I want to install or change something. Can anyone help me out? I want my standard account to ask for an admin password.

In the atachment I have provided, it is shown that there is an option with the admin shield. Now when I click that, the options are run and cancel. It does not require an admin password.

A:Admin rights problem

Hello halpme, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Does the User Account show as an Administrator account in User Accounts still?

You could see if removing the user account from being a member of the Administrators group may help if someone it still is. If you don't have Windows 8 Pro, then you could use OPTION THREE below.

User Accounts - Add or Remove from Groups - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38142-admin-rights-problem.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hi!

I have been searching for some info.

My new PC doesn't exhibit the desired behaviour, but I don't know how to fix it.

On this build, when I run a command-prompt (even if I run cmd, without CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), it starts elevated

This is nice, but what's really important is, whenever I run a batch that requires admin rights, it works.

Here's the prompt opening when I run attachtimmy

This (like many of the batch files) requires admin rights, and works, as if cmd.exe has been set to run in admin mode.

On both UAC is disabled (lowered to lowest setting), so I don't get pestered for permission...

I've looked at local sec policy, and built-in admin rights elevation, but it looks untouched

any ideas?

I know you can add "run as admin", but this is not the default action for batch files (on both systems default action is open).

A:Setting up admin rights

UPDATE: I've checked the reg for instances of the "Layers" key, to see if this is how I've done it... no instances of "runasadmin" for cmd.exe

(tempted to do this if it just works... but would be really nice to ascertain how it's currently being achieved)

any processMonitor jedi's out there confirm if this could be determined using THE analysis tool?

this page speculates lots on why it "must be like this"... but, as none are the case for me, I assume it doesn't cover every scenario.

another mystery.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355568-setting-up-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It may sound weird but i have 1 user account on my pc and there is a problem with it. When i edit system settings
for example
i change settings in msconfig
i click ok and get a message that i need to have admin rights to change these settings
i click ok and a window pops out that the settings have been saved.
i have been through a few infections in the past and i think that may be the problem source.
this topic is low priority

A:Admin rights mess

What system settings are you changing?Is using msconfig the only system anomaly?<>Well...did you run any scans (AV, SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes)?Are all critical updates to date installed for XP?Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues...noted errors?How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310256/admin-rights-mess/
Relevancy 58.91%

confused: I am losing my mind! I have Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP Compaq Presario CQ62 laptop. Now every time i go to install a game, well anything it says i need Administrator privledges to access and denies me. Well i am a damn Administrator for gods sake, this used to belong to my friend, i bought it from him so EVERYTHING that has my name says Darrell before it. I cant get him off of the puter! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Someone please help me? It also constantly messes up my game launchers so all my games are no good and have to be constantly re installed What ones i can play. AND the card games and such that originally come with the computer are gone. No spider solitaire nada nothing. ERRRRRR. Thank you, Laurel

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi i have windows 7 in my laptop i installed tataphoton plus , my network is domain network when the domain user loged and open the tata photon plus its asking administrator user name and password, how do i run without admin rights to the user.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas.

A:How do i run application without admin rights ?

Hi,

Is this a work laptop? If so, the rules of the forum prevent us from helping you overcome the security policies that your system administrator has put in place. In this case, you are better off asking the administrator to grant you the rights to run this software, or to provide you with the administrator name and password.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/202179-how-do-i-run-application-without-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently got a virus on my computer somehow and it has officially taken over everything. I cannot access internet explorer(AIM and things do work), it doesnt let me boot in safemode. Anytime I try to run something like Adaware it just says you cannot open this file, you do not have permission. Or if I try to do a system restore it says it has been turned off by group policy and you need admin rights to do so. I dont know if it matters but I have found a way to unlock the registry editor.I dont really know that much about computers so any help would be really appreciated...And again, ive searched all over the internet and everyone just says to boot in safe mode, or download this or that....I cannot do either because the virus has already blocked them.ThanksEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Virus took away admin rights

Hello has it blocked all safe mode,ie safe mode with networking?If we cannot do the downloading,we will have to reformat.If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection. From there save the RKill program below and mbam-setup.exe to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.***Manually Downloading Updates: Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.RKill....Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Do not reboot the computer or you will need to run the application again.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to rebo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267329/virus-took-away-admin-rights/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi My norton antivirus recently picked up a Printer exe virus and admin rights Lost deleted it immediatly after this the PC re-booted itself and since then I have lost all of my admin rights Norton has also been disabled and I can't start it again During a session I periodically get a quot Copying quot dialog box which I cancel There has also been a mention of kernelwind exe when it Lost admin rights does this I've carried out a HJT check - see below Any help would be appreciated Paul Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Lost admin rights Program Files Norton Lost admin rights Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system kernelwind exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system shovth exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C WINDOWS system suspend exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries u en default htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioAudioCentral quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe quot O - HKLM Run YrfkO C docume paul locals temp YrfkO exe O - HKLM Run SG M C WINDOWS System SG M exe O - HKLM Run LRX W X T MQ C WINDOWS System JwqVfC exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Easy-PrintToolBox C Program Files Canon Easy-PrintToolBox BJPSMAIN EXE logon O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quo... Read more

A:Lost admin rights

Hi, welcome to TSF!

Download combofix.exeSave it to your desktop.
Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Note:In case you already used Combofix previously, please delete the version you are having and redownload it again, because Combofix is being updated everyday.
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Do not post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.
If your Antivirus software is detecting combofix or a part of it as a virus, please choose to ignore it as Antivirus products cannot determine the good/bad use of some softwares embedded in combofix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/lost-admin-rights-206506.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hi many thanks in advance for any unable in rights use xp..... to admin assistance i am logged in as admin in xp but have lost rights and am unable to change add any accounts hoping to avoid a complete reinstall - thanks again hjt log as follows - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ unable to use admin rights in xp..... exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program unable to use admin rights in xp..... Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS system defensewall serv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files OO Software CleverCache ooccag exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Fomatik TrueImageTryStartService exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files OO Software CleverCache ooccctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files EverNote EverNote UniClipper exe C Documents and Settings Default User Local Settings Temp bh ySa d IDMan exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Shock Utility ShockDesktop ShockDesktop exe C Documents and Settings Default User Local Settings Temp bh ySa d IEMonitor exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Down Home Down Home exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop Toolbox FF ULT OPTIMISER Firefox Ultimate Optimizer exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize yco uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize yco uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Mai... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-use-admin-rights-in-xp-241981.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Over the last couple of weeks Kaspersky has been alerting me to trojans that it has told me it dealt with. This evening I got an alert again saying it had dealt with trojan.html.fraud.d. Windows also updated itself this evening.

My PC now seems to have lost admin rights (I only found this out when I went to try and use Nero and it told me I couldn't burn). I am set up as a computer administrator. The log in and shut down has also changed 'look'.

Can anyone please help me and determine if I am infected, how I can get my PC back working normally again and have admin rights!!

I am using XP Media Edition.

Thanks in advance.

A:XP lost admin rights

Lost Administrator rights.http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administration...t_of_admin.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264637/xp-lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I am in need of help In June I was hit with a virus that took weeks to get rid of I think some of it is still in my system because my system runs very slow rights took Vrius admin away The virus took away my admin rights so I cant update important programs like flash and now anything with flash will freeze on me Here is a hijack this report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Lexmark Pro Series lxeemon exe C Program Files x Lexmark Pro Series ezprint exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Users Kerry AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Program Files x Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology Vrius took away admin rights IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Easy Downloads easydownloads exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin openvpntray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows SysWOW java exe C android-sdk-windows platform-tools adb exe C Program Files x WinRAR WinRAR exe C Program Files x Motorola RSD Lite SDL exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry Vrius took away admin rights AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Babylon toolbar helper - EECD - - a -B B - BF B - C Program Files x BabylonToolbar BabylonToolbar bh BabylonToolbar dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO DigitalPersona Personal Extension - AE-C - f -B E- EA F A - C Program Files x DigitalPersona Bin DpOtsPluginIe dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie d... Read more

A:Vrius took away admin rights

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_27
Run by Kerry at 12:15:38 on 2011-11-19
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.3039.794 [GMT -5:00]
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {108DAC43-C256-20B7-BB05-914135DA5160}
AV: AVG Anti-Virus 2011 *Enabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus 2011 *Enabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {ABEC4DA7-E46C-2F39-81B5-AA334E5D1BDD}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~2\AVG\AVG10\avgchsva.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\STacSV64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Shared Files\CTAudSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Hpservice.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vcsFPService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHostW.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\AESTSr64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVerMedia\Service\AVerRemote.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVerMedia\Service\AVerScheduleService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\openvpnas.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HPDrvMntSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\HssWPR\hsssrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\hsswd.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lxeecoms.exe
C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacomd\amd64\novacomd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgnsa.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\NisSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgcsrva.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k WindowsMobile
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\PROGRA~2\AVG\AVG10\avgrsa.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgcsrva.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPToneControl\HPToneCtl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart\SmartMenu.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lexmark Pro700 Series\lxeemon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lexmark Pro700 Series\ezprint.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\ScrollApp\KhalScroll.exe
C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Users\Kerry\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\KHAL3\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Users\Kerry\AppData\Local\Programs\Google\MusicManager\MusicManager.exe
C:\Use... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vrius-took-away-admin-rights.1027554/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have formatted my laptop completely and re-installed Windows XP professional on the laptop I ve had all sorts of problems though getting Windows to recognise my account as having admin rights In USERS in the control panel it shows the account as being quot Computer Administrator quot And if I look in quot MANAGE quot system settings it shows my account as a member of the administrators group Yet when I try and install some software I get the quot Run As quot box asking for details of won't having admin XP as rights recognise me an account with admin rights I thought at first that the account may be corrupt so I created a new account give it admin rights and tried under that and it eventually worked But the problem is slowly coming back leading me to XP won't recognise me as having admin rights think that there is something wrong with the system This XP won't recognise me as having admin rights is a brand new install of XP so surely there can t be anything wrong I think some program installers XP won't recognise me as having admin rights maybe have checks for admin rights before installing and for some reason XP is not communicating this correctly to the installer For instance I have an old version of Xara Webstyle that I m trying to install but it won t install correctly even thohg it has worked fine in the past Is anybody able to help at all

A:XP won't recognise me as having admin rights

It sounds to me it might be a bad install of XP (hey it happens) so what i would do is backup your data and do a reinstall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318808/xp-wont-recognise-me-as-having-admin-rights/
Relevancy 58.91%

So I'm a highschool student in a laptop school A vast majority of students are having problems with simple things through user error and the admins who I happen to be on pretty good terms with are tired of it SO they've decided to revoke everyone's administrative rights to their computers and make them normal users For most they wont notice the difference others will complain a Save Them! Me Help - Rights Admin little and then aquiesc etc But that's not the Admin Rights - Help Me Save Them! problem My Admin Rights - Help Me Save Them! small Admin Rights - Help Me Save Them! group of - friends or so LAN often and use admin access on a semi-frequent basis not for anything terribly technical but I would like to preserve my admin access Is there any way -any- way that I can recover these after they batch the computers They are removing them on FRIDAY which is sigh Tomorrow So If there would be a workaround circumvention recovery reassignment whatever option I could utilize I would need it very quickly and hopefully in a distributable reproducable fashion If anyone could help out that would be absolutely wonderful I've got a few ideas mostly involving the command line but I dont know nearly enough about it to make sure that this would work so I implore you to lend your collective minds to the task and find a solution and I will bend to your knowledge I'm here for the express purpose of deferring to all of your brilliant minds Thankyou Matt - Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

A:Admin Rights - Help Me Save Them!

Sorry Matt...this is your School's decision to revoke your admin rights on their computers. We can't help you work around this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-rights-help-me-save-them-214797.html