Windows Support Forum

Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

Q: Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

I have a problem with a batch of Dell optiplex 980's, for some reason the Main boards fail at a alarming rate.

According to Dell it is the memory controller that fails.

Error Lights 1,3,4 are on nothing on screen, power led solid blue about 10 error beeps!

Dell tech replaced the main boards and all is fine for a while but same problem persists.

Also according to Dell level 6 tech, it could be over heating, I had some fun proving them wrong, two PC's sealed in a box , hammering them, Temp between 85 Celsius - 90 Celsius in the sealed enclosure, optical drive started melting, cooled the PC's for a day and powered back on, no problems!!

Does any one out there maybe have a issue similar to this on the optiplex 980, main board failures?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

Dell Optiplex 980 Lights 134 on no screen

Yes I have exactly the same problem. Turned PC on this morning lights 134 on plus blue power light but no screen at all. Still under warranty, phoning dell in the morning - I will keep you posted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-failure-issue-on-dell-optiplex-980.169232/
Relevancy 91.16%

when you turn on the pc, the psu powers up which in turn powers up the cpu and fans are all spinning but the motherboard has a continous blinking amber light on the front of the pc and the pc will not load post, i have disconnected the cdrom , harddrive, floppy, took memory out and still same effect, has anyone had this type of issue with dell's??

A:Solved: Dell Optiplex GX50 Motherboard/PSU issue

figured it out it was the psu , swapped with a good one and presto it worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-optiplex-gx50-motherboard-psu-issue.674356/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi, I might be able to buy a second hand Optiplex mini tower and I would like to install the motherboard etc. of my Optiplex 755 SFF.

Wilt thi fit?

The idea is that with the Mini Tower I can buy a better GPU.

thanx.

A:Does motherboard of Optiplex 755 SFF fit in a Dell optiplex 745 dualcore mini tower?

No it wont fit.   The board layout, number of slots etc is different.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993330
Relevancy 74.82%

So I have a Dell Optiplex 780 SFF Desktop and I've been wanting to upgrade the crummy Core 2 Duo it has in it, to a Core 2 Quad or do a LGA 771 to 775 mod on it, but I have no idea what the maximum CPU it could support would be. It's motherboard model is 03NVJ6 and a Q95/Q93 chip set and it supports DDR3 Memory, would I be able to put some form of LGA 775 or 771 quad core in it?

A:Dell Optiplex 780 SFF Motherboard CPU Support

Hello Poke109
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Your post is blank, do you want to know what processors are supported by optiplex 780sff?
Please provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message to help you further.
await your response.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984375
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,
I had a dell optiplex 7010 (service tag# 3LLBSW1) computer.
I took the motherboard out of this computer and installed it into a new ATX case.
all went well now I 'm having problems connecting the front panel audio, power switch, reset switch, & HD LED)

the dell connector is different than the cables I got on the new case. can anyone please help me to figure out how to plug these cables into the motherboard.

thanks

A:Dell Optiplex 7010 motherboard

Attach photos.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-7010-motherboard.198629/
Relevancy 74.82%

Dear Sir;

I am building a new computer, I am using a used Dell OptiPlex GX280 motherboard. And all the specifications I have found say to use a Pentium 4 processor 530 (3.0GHz, 1M, 800Mhz).

I found one on eBay and received it yesterday.

But the socket on the motherboard has more pin holes than the processor has pins. On the motherboard the socket is marked (Foxconn C-3598). If I plug in the CPU into the socket, there is extra holes along the side and the bottom.

Does (or will) this processor fit and work in this socket?

Dlshaw09
Glendale, AZ

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,
I have an old Optiplex GX240 that had its power supply break, I recently got another power supply from a different computer. The Power supply is working however there is an orange light on the motherboard and power button that doesn't flash. The ABCD lights on the back of the computer are also not lit.

A:Orange Light On Power Button and Motherboard - Dell Optiplex GX240

GX240 requires specific NON PFC power supply.  This unit is 16 years old now and has 512 meg ram of the PC133 variety.   A newer model like an optiplex GX620 or better is still viable.  This system is TOO OLD and TOO Slow to be of any use.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19988710
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell Optiplex USFF I installed Windows Vista on it and I keep getting the following message Media Optiplex PXE-E61: cable. check test Dell failure, USFF 9010 when it reboots PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exit Intel Boot Agent No Boot Device Found I tried the following so far - Tried a different hard drive It gave me the same response on the second hard drive - Dell Diagnostics Everything checked out - BIOS Boot sequence Hard drive is on top and disabled quot Diskette Drive quot just in case - Lan with PXE boot is already PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. Dell Optiplex 9010 USFF disabled - Had BIOS A and updated to BIOS A then A This was a known problem since BIOS A but installing the latest BIOS doesn t fix it Here s the link www dell com EN Now the only thing that I haven t been able to try is to disable PXE in the BIOS because it keeps reverting itself back to enabled It s just stuck on quot Enable with PXE quot and every time I change it to quot Enable quot which would disable PXE and reboot It reverts back to PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. Dell Optiplex 9010 USFF quot Enable with PXE quot Does anyone know what I can do to fix this Update I reverted back to BIOS A still same PXE message Then I tried A got the same PXE message Only this time I was able to boot to the hard drive by pressing F and selecting it I tried A thru A but I still have to go thru F to access the hard drive or else I would get the PXE message

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982653
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell Optiplex on the way from e-bay and I would like to go ahead and order some more ram so they get here about the same time but I am having a hard time finding for issue Ram Dell a Optiplex out what ram chip to get for that model I normally don t have a problem looking up the correct ram but I am getting suggestions for PC- - and PC- - as well as some others I know that it uses DDR but the rest is confusing me I understand the chip speed such as mhz or mhz but the rest I am unfamiliar with Could someone please tell me what type of ram chip I need to get I am going Ram issue for a Dell Optiplex to get mb sticks so I don t care if they are exactly the same as what Ram issue for a Dell Optiplex comes with it because it only comes with mb of ram so if I get Ram issue for a Dell Optiplex one with a faster speed then it won t matter cause mb is nothing for ram Please help me with what ram chip to put in this unit if anyone can and thanks nbsp

A:Ram issue for a Dell Optiplex

I could help you out with that. But first, I would need the exact model of the computer.

E.g. Dell Optiplex 360

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-issue-for-a-dell-optiplex.137121/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi. This 24pix MINI atx power connector is basically the same as normal ATX connector (bur smaller of course)? At the pin settings is different? Where I can buy 24pix ATX to 24 pin MINI atx adapter that will work with those boards? Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992037
Relevancy 70.52%

I m running WinXP w SP on a Dell OptiPlex I have an application that requires a barcode scanner to be connected and configured via serial to COM only By default the has COM which I was able to manipulate and change Com issue Dell 740 port OptiPlex to diplay COM Also I changed the interrupt request to and I O range to E - EF This configuration works until I reboot the computer At that time the printer is no longer recognized by the application and it appears that Dell OptiPlex 740 Com port issue Windows has reveresed the IRQ and I O settings that I previously set I have tried rebuilding this machine with Win XP but still get the same issue Is this a problem with the HAL A similar set up worked fine on OptiPlex GX The HAL on the is currently set at ACPI Uniprocessor PC Should I switch to Standard PC HAL and avoid the virtual IRQ setup altogether Does anyone have any suggestions on this nbsp

A:Dell OptiPlex 740 Com port issue

Creating a hardware profile after you have the configuration working and
using that profile to boot may retain the settings.
As it is now,windows is booting to the default profile.
To create a hardware profile
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.

Open System in Control Panel.
On the Hardware tab, click Hardware Profiles.
Under Available hardware profiles, click Profile 1 (Current), and then click Copy.
Type a name for the new hardware profile, and then click OK.
You can customize your new profile by enabling or disabling devices for that profile in Device Manager. For more information about Device Manager, click Related Topics.
Notes

To open System, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
The profile named Profile 1 (Current) provides a model for you to create new hardware profiles. It will not appear in the list of available hardware profiles shown during startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-740-com-port-issue.611611/
Relevancy 70.52%

HELLO I bought this pc for my wwife (we are poor ) for 80 bucks no hard drive it was county surplus ,. it worked fine at fist but now it turns off unnexpectedly and sometimes when triying to start it freezes on first screen (dell optiplex 760 screen) wat i need expert advice on is should i buy new power supply ( it looks like a giant ac adapter ) its 200w power supply or does it sound to you like a mother board problem ,. also it some times spins h fans at high speed for a second then its fine also no BEEPS IT DOES THIS HIGHSPEED SPINING ON STARTUPS OR SHUTDOWNS NOT WHILE RUNNING WHEN ITS RUNNING EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE ITS FAST (DUOCORE 64BIT 4 GIGS RAM SO EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE EXEPT FOR THESE ANNOYING SHUT QOWNS AND POST STARTUP FEEZES SO WHAT DO YOU THINK POWER SUPPLY OR MB??? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWER

A:issue with dell optiplex usff 760

There is no way to know for sure. Typical causes of shutdowns, as you noted, are the power supply and motherboard. The only way to truly "test", is to swap one or the other and see what happens.

The fans "buzzing" (ie: running at full speed) is common for some PC's as the PC boots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-dell-optiplex-usff-760.1131807/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey,Dear i have problem with my desktop dell optiplex 9020 the problem is when i tried to power on it is not powering on but i can see that the power button is still orange but it is not powering on.

A:Power issue with dell optiplex 9020

Hi ,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum!
Here when the power button is  orange it indicates that the system is receiving power but not sufficient power to transmit it to the system's components.
However I would suggest you to try these steps and advise the result ,
*Disconnect the system from wall socket and press ,hold the power button where in we are releasing the static charge from the system ,then connect the system back to the wall socket and turn on the system .
*To confirm if the power supply unit is working fine would ask you to perform the power supply unit Built in self test where in behind the system where the power cord connects to the system you will be able to see a tiny black button with a green radial bulb next to it .When that button is pressed if the green light glows then power supply unit is working fine.
*Confirm the power button has a steady orange  light or blinking orange and also if you hear any beeps from the system .
Can you also provide your computer model ,service tag of the system (via private message) to perform model specific troubleshooting. Hope to hear from you soon.
Have a great day ahead !
Kindest Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19631616
Relevancy 69.66%

Having an issue with a Dell optiplex 9010 AIO not performing its normal POST behavior. When I press the power the machine starts lights,fans kick on but no Dell log indicating POST. The computer will shut off after a few minutes and try to start again. I am not getting any amber lights or beeps the power comes on and the fans spin up their is no POST. I tried connecting an external display, unplugged all the devices, tried another PSU and RAM.
I believe that the issue is either the motherboard or the CPU and i'm leaning towards the motherboard.   

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19988766
Relevancy 69.66%

Recently our Dell Optiplex 330 experienced some pretty severe virus attacks that render the computer useless. The user had disabled the installed protect advising that it slowed his performance and would not let him install cute little things from his favorite social network. The machine was so hosed it was determined the best course of action was to reformat the drive and basically start over. The problem is this unit was sold to us by Dell with a license for Windows Vista Business which we request it be down graded to XP service pack 3. Each time we attempt to reinstall windows xp from teh provided original disc we get the famous blue screen advising there is a problem with the hard drive, etc. How can we reinstall the our favorite XP? The unit has a SATA hard drive. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 69.66%

I have an Optiplex small form that I recently had to reinstall Windows due to a hard drive issue I am running Windows Enterprise bit I have Gigs of Ram and a Core Duo processor After the reinstall of Windows I am 760- 4 Dell Intel Issue Graphics Optiplex not able to set the proper resolution of my Dell wf widescreen monitor the proper resolution of x I am not able to select it I have my monitor connected though VGA as that is the only connection on my computer When I go in to Device Manager I have a little warning Dell Optiplex 760- Intel 4 Graphics Issue triangle next to Intel R Series Internal Chipset When I click Dell Optiplex 760- Intel 4 Graphics Issue on properties of the Intel chipset the error is This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system I have downloaded the drivers for the graphics card and for the chipset directly from Dell by entering the service tag and have rebooted my computer several times with no success I have even had Windows search for the latest update and It says I have the latest driver installed I also have a warning triangle on Intel R Management Engine Interface Keep in mind that my computers graphics card worked great and had the proper drivers on before the hard drive was re-imaged I have other s with the same specs and monitors that have no issues I can post more screen shots if needed Thanks

A:Dell Optiplex 760- Intel 4 Graphics Issue

Welcome to Seven Forums.
Go into device manager and see if your monitor is listed.
If it is listed as pnp. I would suggest going to Dell to see if their is a.inf file (driver) for it and install it.

Installing the .inf file should get your monitor recognized and this will allow it to run it's native resolution.
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/197308-dell-optiplex-760-intel-4-graphics-issue.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Dell and I bought a GeForce INNO D nbsp low profile card but after insertion nothing happens 755 Optiplex graphics Dell issue card My Dell quot monitor shows black The card has a pin and USB I m assuming the pin is for an external PSU connection But what is the USB for My specs Operating System Windows Professional -bit Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue SP CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz deg C Wolfdale nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue Inc PU CPU Graphics DELL SE H x Hz Intel Q Express Chipset Family Dell Intel Q Express Chipset Family Dell Storage GB Hitachi HUA KLA ATA Device SATA deg C GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device USB GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device USB GB PNY USB FD USB Device USB Optical Drives TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-L A ATA Device Audio High Definition Audio Device Can anyone please help me as to what I need to make this card work I understand this is NOT the greatest PC but it s what I have for now so anything is better than the integrated graphics it already has Thank you

A:Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue

The card might be incompatible. For integrated graphics upgrades, I've had great results with the budget Sapphire 6450.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19966101
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi forum members I have a Dell Optiplex desktop running Windows Pro Bit in my office This morning I was unable to access the internet though I was able to print and access other network drives I did a troubleshoot and found out that networks status changed from work to public Error on network icon is quot Unidentified network no internet access quot I did ping our router but timmed out Dell Issue Optiplex Internet 3010 I can ping other servers Dell Optiplex 3010 Internet Issue amp PC's on the same network but cannot ping the router or default gateway I did the following ipconfig release or renew-did Dell Optiplex 3010 Internet Issue not work ipconfig registerdns flushdns - did not work Disabled network card or enabled it - did not work Changed IP address from DHCP to Static - did not work Updated uninstalled repaired network driver - did not work Changed Speed Duplex settings to Mbps TB or Auto - did not work Removed other networking services - did not work IPReset All - did not work Removed all Antivirus softwares -did not work Disabled firewall I am not sure about this issue If anyone can assist me here I will really appreciate him or her I have been working on this issue for almost a day now Thanks in advance jshix

A:Dell Optiplex 3010 Internet Issue

Hello jshix and Welcome to the Forums, try some of the fixes in this article first. There are a couple you have not tried yet: Windows 7 DNS server not responding
If still not resolved, we can try other things. post back results please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309255-dell-optiplex-3010-internet-issue.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello This is my first post ever so thank you in advance for helping us people that don t have a clue I recently bought Nancy Drew games and tried to install them I was prompted with an error message that I needed Windows XP with Service Pack So I upgraded my system to the correct version of XP The games installed but when I try to play them I got this error message Error Code ND- --------------------------- The video card in this Dell issue GX150 video card Optiplex computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game Outdated video cards may need to be replaced with new hardware Nancy Drew Legend of the Crystal Skull requires a MB video card that Dell Optiplex GX150 video card issue is DirectX and -bit color compatible To resolve this issue please contact your computer or video card manufacturer to download new drivers or update the video card For additional assistance please contact technical support at techsupport herinteractive com --------------------------- My drivers are all updated and my current card says it s mb Maybe it just isn t Directx compatible I have tried to find a card for my Optiplex but am having trouble I bought one card off Ebay that is too small and will not fit Is there a card out there for my old computer Here is the DxDiag info that I ran for info on my current graphics card --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R Graphics Controller Microsoft Corporation Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name i xdnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Again BMW nbsp

A:Dell Optiplex GX150 video card issue

ummmmm,

why not run DxDiag and post ALL of its results rather then selective

Run -> Start -> DxDiag

Wait for the progress bar in lower left to finish and disappear

Click Save All Information to create a txt file on your desktop containing all resutls.

Then attach the file to TechSpot post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-gx150-video-card-issue.108216/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone I was curious if hang-up SSD Dell's issue Optiplex mini 7010 tower anyone else experienced this issue I have a Dell OptiPlex desktop mini tower that I bought off the official Dell site I configured that mini tower to have an SSD drive as the main drive which I like very much except one very annoying issue Sometimes out of the blue Windows will hang up I can't click anything and the mouse starts spinning in a circle This continues on for about half a minute and then it always comes back to life Suddenly I start getting all my previous clicks moving windows opening things etc all at once This happened at least a dozen of times by now and I started to notice Dell's Optiplex 7010 mini tower SSD hang-up issue that when this happens the HDD SSD LED on the case glows solid which made me suspect that there's something going on with the drive itself Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix this PS I tried contacting Dell support about this issue but they are pretty useless I spent several hours in a chat with a guy once that eventually simply hung up on me Then I emailed someone at Dell for which the guy replied with instructions to run their hard drive diagnostic tool which I did that did not show any errors Note that I don't have a hard drive it's a solid state drive I replied to the guy only to never hear from him again So I think I'm pretty much done with the Dell support

A:Dell's Optiplex 7010 mini tower SSD hang-up issue

Hi,

Have you tried updated the firmware on the SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289391-dells-optiplex-7010-mini-tower-ssd-hang-up-issue.html
Relevancy 66.22%

WDS on Windows Server 2012 R2 has been working fine for me until now. We recently received a bunch of Dell Optiplex 7040  MT and we have been unable to boot from network (WDS) on it.When I try to boot from it's Onboard NIC, after a few seconds it throws an error:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.I have tried to boot in UEFI Mode too but the results are same.Any type of help would be really appreciated.

A:WDS error PXE-E61 Media Test Failure Error on Dell Optiplex 7040

PXE-61 media test failure means there isn't even link status let alone an actual network to boot from.
Cat6 cable is required.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981377
Relevancy 63.21%

I was planning on buying either a Dell Optiplex 780 SFF or an Dell Optiplex 980 SFF but I would like to know which one will work with Windows XP 64 Bit.

A:Will Windows XP 64 Bit work on a Dell Optiplex 780 SFF or Optiplex 980 SFF?

For Windows XP 64 Bit its best to use the somewhat hidden (old ftp website):
http://ftp.dell.com/Browse_For_Drivers/Desktops/Optiplex/OptiPlex%20780/
http://ftp.dell.com/Browse_For_Drivers/Desktops/Optiplex/OptiPlex%20790/
http://ftp.dell.com/Browse_For_Drivers/Desktops/Optiplex/OptiPlex%20980/
This has the old drivers listed of multiple versions including the XP x64 drivers not mentioned on Drivers and Downloads. The new ftp website is slightly broken at present.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19563466
Relevancy 61.92%

My wife has a computer with an ASUS P ND motherboard that s been failing to boot lately I m not sure what s causing it but it may be a motherboard problem so I m posting here Essentially what happens is that the BIOS boots partially including a successful sounding startup beep and then the screen goes black This had been occuring during the Windows boot process I run Vista the Windows -- motherboard to with boot, failure setup screen on black issue Potential logo would appear briefly and then the screen would go blank and the booting process Potential issue with motherboard -- failure to boot, black screen on setup would hang but now I m getting a message saying that the BIOS post failed and then the screen goes black I can then press delete to enter setup but the screen blacks several seconds afterwards Admittedly this may be a video card problem feel free to move it if so but my wife noticed no graphical artifacting or other signs of damage other than a Skyrim crash to desktop which is probably par for the course for the game For what it s worth she has a GeForce SLI setup of some kind I m not sure what but if it would be helpful I can check I ve tried reseating the cards and the bridge to no avail though immediately after doing this I was able to view the set-up screen successfully without the screen going blank further reboots led to the blanking set-up screen again Anyway if anyone has any suggestions as to the nature of this problem before I take it in for repairs I d greatly appreciate them I m pretty mystified and I ve not seen anyone discussing similar problems on the Internet nbsp

A:Potential issue with motherboard -- failure to boot, black screen on setup

It may very well be the motherboard or even the power supply... SLI setups require a lot of power

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/potential-issue-with-motherboard-failure-to-boot-black-screen-on-setup.176208/
Relevancy 61.49%

hi guys,
i'm wondering if dell's motherboard could affect ati 4850 in-game performance(low fps on any settings and serious lags after 30 minutes of gameplay)?
i've made some sort of investigation and it seems that:1)after video drivers update there's still issue with ingame performance(fps mainly).it doens't matter what settings i play,it's still there;2)i've compared my gaming system with some other more or less similar ones which are owned by my bro and friend.they could play any 09' game on max settings with high fps.their systems are custom built ones;3)i've read through different tech forums and it seems that some xps owners are not happy with their systems,at least with motherboards.

A:Dell motherboard/ATI 4850 issue

I presume that card is on a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot. The issue could well be your PSU. What are the exact specs of your PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-motherboard-ati-4850-issue.137598/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently upgraded my PSU to the Antec 2.0 500W on my Dell E510 that many have recommended. I plugged it into my motherboard, and my computer would freeze before it reached the blue dell logo screen. I turned it off and decided to connect the fan speed indicator cable from the PSU to what I thought was the appropriate 3 pin plug on the motherboard. Well it created a constant beep and so I turned my computer off. Now, the computer does not turn on at all, even though the motherboard does have a green light. I assume the PSU still works, but did I fry my motherboard?? Do I need to get a new one?? If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, thanks!!

A:Dell E510 motherboard issue with Antec 2.0 500W PSU

Many Dell systems use a proprietary wired supply. You might have damaged the motherboard by using this Antec supply in a Dell computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e510-motherboard-issue-with-antec-2-0-500w-psu.82379/
Relevancy 58.05%

Two drives on system 265GB Samsung on motherboard and 1TB drive internal bay.
Dell installed OS on drive 0 (C) 1TB (slower drive) and the SSD drive(fastest) drive 1 (E) blank empty.
Make no sense to me.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983898
Relevancy 58.05%

When the PC starts up, the dell loading screen begins. Normally this takes around a few seconds but this time it didn't end. We've tried all the diagnostic tests and they all came back fine. Also tried disconnecting all external cables (ie headphones, ethernet etc). Powered on and off multiple times and no change. 
By the way, I don't know if this is related or not, but last night before the issue occurred, I was randomly logged out. Once it logged me back in, everything was closed and there was a small square of like TV static towards the bottom right corner. I restarted and it fixed the issue there but I don't know.
Thanks in advance, Sean

A:Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO stuck on Dell loading screen

Unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Then try powering up again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991472
Relevancy 55.9%

I am Optiplex Failure Fan 760 Rear reworking a Dell Optiplex and got it to run Windows When booting the post screen showed a message quot rear fan failure quot and to press F to continue First I checked all fans the message is related to the fan mounted below the quot HDD But all fans were turning fine The problem I found was a contact problem caused by the fan cable plug on the motherboard There are pins soldered into the board a plastic plug holder is just pushed onto the pins with nofixation The fan cable side of the plug is then to be pushed into the plastic part and clips in Someone seems to have tried to pull out the fan cable plug and instead of getting the plug out of it s plastic Optiplex 760 Rear Fan Failure holder pulled out the plastic holder itself about mm off the board That was ok for giving the fan power but disconnected the sensor lines I pushed in the holder with the plug clipped in until it sat flat on the bord and all worked fine So if you ever see this failure check if the plug holder sits flat on the board without a gap showing the pins If it does not just push it in and restart the machine

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991530
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay I have an Inspiron whose motherboard in Inspiron 620 Optiplex 390 motherboard was fried in an electrical storm I ordered a replacement motherboard and Optiplex 390 motherboard in Inspiron 620 it is exactly identical with the same model number and appearance On installing it posts as an Optiplex OK no big deal except-- The inspiron uses a standard FrontPanel connector and this FP works perfecly Power switch works lights come on system boots However the Optiplex has one difference--the power button for it connects to a proprietary -pin connector on the top corner of the motherboard The end result is that despite the motherboard working in every way at boot the system board reports ALERT POWER BUTTON CABLE FAILURE Of course this is no surprise since there is not cable attached Since the motherboard appear identical I tried to flash the Optiplex 390 motherboard in Inspiron 620 BIOS to the inspiron but that would not work I searched the BIOS for a way to suppress the error message Nothing nbsp Is there anything I can do to get rid of that message Short two pins on the -pin connector nbsp Some way to reprogram the board force BIOS change to think it is a Inspiron

A:Optiplex 390 motherboard in Inspiron 620

You could buy a used Optiplex 390 front panel switch assembly on eBay for $20, and hide it inside the chassis. That would avoid any potential problems with shorting. Reprogramming the BIOS is something done with special equipment.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682189
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have the original motherboard in my Optiplex MT Moederbord nbsp nbsp nbsp Fabrikant nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp nbsp nbsp Model nbsp nbsp nbsp GM CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp Chipsetfabrikant nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel nbsp upgrade motherboard MT 755 Optiplex nbsp nbsp Chipsetmodel nbsp nbsp nbsp Q nbsp nbsp nbsp Chipset-herziening nbsp nbsp nbsp A nbsp nbsp nbsp Southbridgefabrikant nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel nbsp nbsp nbsp Southbridge-model nbsp nbsp nbsp IO ICH DO nbsp nbsp nbsp Southbridge-herziening Optiplex 755 MT upgrade motherboard nbsp Optiplex 755 MT upgrade motherboard nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Merk nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Inc nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Optiplex 755 MT upgrade motherboard nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Versie nbsp nbsp nbsp A nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Datum nbsp nbsp nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI-gegevens nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot Gepatenteerd nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slottype nbsp nbsp nbsp Gepatenteerd nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slotgebruik nbsp nbsp nbsp In gebruik nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Gegevensstroken nbsp nbsp nbsp x nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot benaming nbsp nbsp nbsp SLOT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Kenmerken nbsp nbsp nbsp PME nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slotnummer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot PCI nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slottype nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slotgebruik nbsp nbsp nbsp Beschikbaar nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Busbreedte nbsp nbsp nbsp bit nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot benaming nbsp nbsp nbsp SLOT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Kenmerken nbsp nbsp nbsp V V PME nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slotnummer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot PCI nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slottype nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slotgebruik nbsp nbsp nbsp Beschikbaar nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Busbreedte nbsp nbsp nbsp bit nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot benaming nbsp nbsp nbsp SLOT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Kenmerken nbsp nbsp nbsp V V PME nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slotnummer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot PCI-E nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slottype nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI-E nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slotgebruik nbsp nbsp nbsp Beschikbaar nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Gegevensstroken nbsp nbsp nbsp x nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slot benaming nbsp nbsp nbsp SLOT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Kenmerken nbsp nbsp nbsp V Upgraded the CPU to a Dual Core ntel Core Duo E nbsp nbsp nbsp Kernen nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Threads nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Naam nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel Core Duo E nbsp nbsp nbsp Codenaam nbsp nbsp nbsp Conroe nbsp nbsp nbsp Pakket nbsp nbsp nbsp Socket LGA nbsp nbsp nbsp Technologie nbsp nbsp nbsp nm nbsp nbsp nbsp Specificati... Read more

A:Optiplex 755 MT upgrade motherboard

Through the Optiplex 780, the chassis remained the same - that said, you're better off buying a new (or a newer used) system than upgrading this one.  
You'll find systems in the $200-300 range complete -- not a lot more than it'll cost for a board+CPU+ RAM alone.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993729
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an Optiplex GX280 Minitower. The motherboard seems to ailing, I suspect as the result of running the BIOS update. Has anyone replaced the Dell board with an ATX board? I realize this is not a drop in but there seems to be plenty of room. Boards are available at around the same price as a refurbished Dell board and don't have the limitations of the Dell board. O/S is not an issue. After the change the only remaining original components would be the case, front I/O assembly and possibly the heatsink. I have a pentium E5400 without a home and would like to use a board that will run it. Thanks. Mike

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi There !
Just looking for Optiplex 980 Mini Tower motherboard (D441T) pinouts.
Front Panel I/O connector (FIO)  and Front Panel Connector (FRONTPANEL)
Will be appreciate for any help (especially for FIO pinouts)
Thanks and regards.
Martin.

A:Optiplex 980 MT motherboard pinouts for FRONTPANEL and FIO

There are no pin outs for that. The front panel is on a board as is the I/O.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19391190
Relevancy 54.18%

i have a  optiplex 9020 mt.. but i was wondering if i can move the motherboard to a new case to Achieve more cooling to my system and upgrading my gpu.. because the case is small.. this is a pic of the motherboard.. and can someone tell my what kind of motherboards is this, atx , itx ,micro atx or mini atx.. thank you and sorry for my bad English  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19978611
Relevancy 54.18%

Please tell me the 4 expansion slots specifications on the Optiplex 9020 (mini tower [the big one]) motherboard.  image attached.
Thank you,

A:What are the 4 expansion slots on Optiplex 9020 motherboard?

The Slots are X16 connector wired X8  then X1 then 3.3v PCI 2.3 then X16.  Be aware that PCI 2.3 ONLY supports Universal 3.3v cards. 5v cards that are PCI 2.0 to 2.1 do not and will not ever work.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974132
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Everybody

I have Optiplex 7010 MT desktop
the motherboard dead on me due to PSU 
anyway I'm trying to find "new" used motherboard
and I found one on ebay with code of GY6Y8
it is not the same code as mine KRC95
dose it fit ..? dose it support my i5 3470..?
I think so but I want to be sure before buying
second question is about ram
I want to buy 
Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM

I'm not sure if it will work with the GY6Y8 motherboard

Please help me

thank you

A:Optiplex 7010 motherboard replacement and ram upgrade

Hi AhmedAN
Thanks for writing to us.
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name
in blue and then select send a private message, so we can assist you further with the part #'s for both motherboard as well as the memory modules.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991711
Relevancy 54.18%

Using my 7010 yesterday and suddenly shut down on me. I have tried to diagnose the issue by removing additional cards/memory with no result. I have tested the power supply and it appears to be good. My motherboard has a small white sticker on it which I assume is the model number of the motherboard. It appears to read "OWR7PY"  the "O" could be a "Q". 
I have found other SFF boards with model number "GXM1W" that appear to be similar to mine, is this the proper replacement for my 7010 SFF?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974349
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer is receiving an "Alert! Power Cable Failure" message. F1 to continue, F2 for setup option (BIOS) or F5 for onboard diagnostics (Dell ePSA.) 
I just press F1 and everything is fine. How can I avoid this message without replacing cable?

A:Alert! Power Cable Failure on 790 Optiplex SFF w/ BIOS A10

Did it first appear after you updated the bios? You should test another PC power cable and see if the error still happens. If another power cable presents the same error, the cable was not the culprit.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983106
Relevancy 54.18%

Dear Users Many persons have problem with GX system when you witch turn on the orange light display and no display and fan is loud or no boot system some peoples thought this is ram problem or mother board failure problem loud gx280 and fan booting Optiplex problem So here is simple solution i have same problem and i read an article and solved the problem This idea will you help all of you When the situation as describe up just do it simple because its problem reason of processor heat up problem - Just open case and see Processor fan - open fan clip and split fan from mother board the heat sink Optiplex gx280 loud fan booting and failure problem attached with fan - now you will see the processor now you need to take step i will show later time with pics inside of processor have a clip that hold the processor so open the clip a plate is up of processor it s steel plate you can also on processor plate have chemical layer when you open plate up of processor Note remove this plate from mother board and close processor inside clip and directly keep fan with heath sink on top of processor and clip to close it Because reason of this plate processor got heat up and don t properly touch with heat sink just turn on your computer it will never make problem and even never fan make noise loud Regards Shahid nbsp

A:Optiplex gx280 loud fan booting and failure problem

Huh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optiplex-gx280-loud-fan-booting-and-failure-problem.991718/
Relevancy 53.32%

Production date: 5/2011
BIOS A07
Windows 10 SP1
Chipset driver 9.1.1.1016
System boots fine and fan speed operates to maintain CPU temperature as expected by CPU temperature table in BIOS. 
Once the system goes into sleep and awoken, the fan is locked at minimum speed irrespective of CPU temperature hits maximum and pegs out on thermal throttle. 
Can anyone else duplicate it?  
Some CPUs do not get hot enough to ever need to spin the fan above minimum under ordinary conditions and in that case you'd need to block the air intake in front of the PC to duplicate it. Confirm that CPU fan ramps up with loaded up (such as Prime95) and airflow blocked off. 
Place the computer into sleep. 
Wake it up. 
Repeat. Does the fan speed ramp up? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984077
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a dell that does not read the cd-rom. In bios it reads "cd-not installed. Does that mean adding text to a file? Look at photos

A:Dell Optiplex 260

It displays "cd-rom device NOT installed". So the drive is faulty or not connected properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-260.1037343/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone,

I have been looking up about getting a replacement for my existing CPU which is an Intel Core i5 (Version: 2400) and upgrading to the new Intel Core i5 4460 which does support HD better for what I needed, such as movies and gaming (I only need up to 60FPS).

But other than that, I have been looking either at a portable GPU. The GPU is called a Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB (from NVidia). I just want to know if this will fit and will it work well with my PC?

I just want to know if the new Intel Core i5 4460 will fit in the Optiplex 390's motherboard, the same for the Zoatac GeForce GTX 960 4GB GPU.

But I would be interested to see what you have come up with any other CPU/GPU recommendations for this Dell Optiplex 390 Desktop.

Many thanks,

Ben

A:New CPU/GPU for Dell Optiplex 390

Because the optiplex comes in three form factors, which one is it? The Desktop ones? or the smaller one?

Anyways, to be able to upgrade to a Haswell processor you'll need a new motherboard aswell (Those with H81 chipset will do). The Zotac GTX 960 will work provided you have enough juice from the PSU to be able to supply the graphics card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398753-new-cpu-gpu-dell-optiplex-390-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,I purchased an Optiplex 380 a couple of years ago which came with 2x2GB RAM @ 1066Mhz and now I think time has come to upgrade to at least 8GB. So, I tried a kingston value ram of 4gb @ 1333Mhz and unfortunately it beeped with 1 and 3 diagnostic LEDs lit. I know that the Dell manual says a maximum of 4GB ram but I have seen people here on dell forums running 2x4GB without any problems, so according to my thinking, maybe the bus frequency is the problem? shall I try 1066Mhz? Crucial's site also suggests up to 1600Mhz so whats the confusion here?P.S. I have latest BIOS A07 flashed.

A:Dell Optiplex 380 max RAM

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out.
Did you try 8GB(4+4) or Does it beeps even with a 4GB stick in one slot? 
Try each stick on both the slots, If that fails, you may try 1066 mhz.
P.S:  We haven't tested 8GB configuration on this motherboard from the factory, If none of the steps works, You may have to revert back to 4GB. 
Thanks. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19651876
Relevancy 53.32%

I was trying to install windows Xp sp2 on a Dell computer: Optiplex 755. When the software reach that step: setup starting windows a blue screen display saying windows has been shut down to prevent damage, check for viruses, check your HDrive, etc?
I removed that HDrive, and I installed to another Dell computer same type (Optiplex 755) I started the process of that windows Xp sp2 (installation) everything was fine. Now I switch back the HDrive to the first Dell Optiplex 755. I power on it started loading properly when it?s about to reach the screen that has the recycle bin. The blue screen display again with the same message, windows has been shutdown to prevent damage etc?, at this point which one to accuse the memory or the Bios, any help will be greatly appreciate.
Dody127

A:Dell Optiplex 755

That PC uses SATA drive controllers . . Installing XP on a SATA drive requires an additional step:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...ws_xp_on_a.htm

However, Most newer BIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the bios and check the "Sata Operation" setting,

change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA if it is not already. Now try to install XP ( could be IDE Mode, Compatibility Mode or Legacy Mode - different BIOS use different terms )

some will say IDE instead of ATA)

If there are no such settings you'll need to slipstream the sata drivers on the XP CD, follow the instructions in this guide :

http://www.digitgeek.com/how-to-slip...rs-into-xp-cd/

or

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-installation/

You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Are you using the Dell Reinstalltion disc? . . if so is it SP3? Those have the Intell SATA drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-optiplex-755-a-504189.html
Relevancy 53.32%

It's an older dell (Optiplex 320 3mhz single core w 2 g ram) with onboard graphics. Want to put a 256 or 512 mb pci e card in as an upgrade. Any economical suggestions?

A:dell optiplex 320

Do you have the Mini tower or the desktop model 320?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-optiplex-320-a-555229.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have a dell optiplex 755..

I have 2 gigabytes of ram
I have 256 mobile intel graphics card
I have a dual core 2 duo processor

I want to buy a new graphics card but i cant decide what to get and i dont know wheather it is a ddr2 or ddr3 ... i want a graphics card for good games like NFS all the new versions and some other good new games ..

Please i need ur help asap .. Ty

Hadi,

A:Help with Dell Optiplex 775

I couldn't find a place to install a graphics card on the motherboard, can you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-dell-optiplex-775.130637/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi!. I got a not so new Dell optiplex 745 with a old Intel Pentium 4 530 @3.00Ghz with 1gb of sYstem RAM, a 80gb seagate hard drive, a 305w power supply And integrated intel gma 3000 graphics, my question is, Can i replace the old Pentium 4 that is 90nm with a Pentium e5500 or a Core 2 Duo e6750 that are 45nm? also, i will buy a geforce gt430 and a 2gb dual channel ddr2 memory. does the power supply support these three components? also is this a good computer or should i buy a motherboard and install everything from the start?

A:Help With Dell Optiplex 745

Minitower Optiplex 745:
Supported microprocessor types: Intel® Pentium® 4, Pentium® D, Celeron®, or Core™ processor
DDR2 RAM should be installed in matched pairs so you'd need to install 2 of them. But there's no point installing 4 GB of RAM with a 32-bit version of Windows which can only use ~3.0 - 3.5 GB of RAM. Note, this system supports 2 GB RAM modules but only those running at 533, 667 MHz. It doesn't support 2 GB modules running at 800 MHz, but apparently will support smallar modules running at 800 MHz.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19452591
Relevancy 53.32%

This is a continuation of my earlier thread which says it is locked:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-particulars.1161610/

Alas, the unit recommended to me in that thread is sold out.

I have been looking at similar units of the same model number but, as best I can tell, although they have the same name/model, the Dell Optiplex 780 seems to come in two different case sizes, a MF and a SFF, the SFF being the smaller of the two.

The SFF seem to be the more plentiful and about $50 more expensive, while having only 1TB SATA compared to the MT having 2TB.

Am I right in thinking that there are indeed two case sizes; and, if so, which is the preferable ?

Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I am using Dell optiplex 390 we wanted to know that in Serial port which is connected in cpu for db9 contains full handshaking i.e wheather it supports UART TX,RX,CTS&RTS functionality.
Thank you,Deepanraj.A

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19973608
Relevancy 53.32%

Does anyone know if the Optiplex GXi will work with an 80 GB HD? If not what can I do? That is the size of my extra drive.

Relevancy 53.32%

I am new to this site, and I am needing some help. I am trying to erase the hard drive on a Dell Optiplex 755 with Windows XP, and reinstall factory settings. I have already reinstalled major drivers once, but the user says that this harddrive is "buggy", and since I'm suppose to be the IT guru he wants me to do a factory reset. My two questions are this. First. Is it Ctrl F11 or F12 that I hold when starting up, and where do i go from there? Secondly. Do I need anything like killdisk or paragon disk wiper pro to fully erase harddrive?

Thanks for youtr help.
TColey

A:Dell Optiplex 755

Here is the support site for the Dell OptiPlex 755.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the user guide for that desktop.

Expand the "Troubleshooting" menu and then expand the "Restoring Your Operating System" menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-755.886365/
Relevancy 53.32%

My dell optiplex 755 sometimes won't turn on, and other times will. When I turn it on by the plug you hear it power on but the monitors just go on standby. But others times it powers on perfectly ? I'm confused!??

A:Dell optiplex 755

Hi welcome to TSF

How old is this computer? It could be the power supply going bad.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-optiplex-755-a-912506.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi there My dvdrom hardware seems to be acting weird it will eject but will not play or autoplay the discs,
it just simply does not detect any discs are present

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Optiplex 745 SFF with a Pentium D 945 3.4GHz 2x2mb I would like to upgrade the processor to the best possible option but not sure what if any I can upgrade to? 2nd question What would be the best Nvidia Geforce Graphics card I could upgrade this system to? Thank you for any help you can offer!

Relevancy 53.32%

Has anyone installed Windows 7 on a Dell Optiplex GX 280? I am trying to install and and I get as far as the initial "starting windows" where setup begins at, and I get

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Anyone know what is wrong?

A:Dell Optiplex GX 280

Press F8 during boot. Select Last Known Good Configuration. If this works, we will take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/21720-dell-optiplex-gx-280-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys I need some help please my dell optiplex 745 sff will not boot up just amber light at points abcd and real loud fan

A:dell optiplex 745 sff

my guess would be that this was after some kind of storm or power surge. can you see the bios loading? in order to diagnose this you will have to have parts that are known to be good and go through the machine one piece at a time. The main suspects right now is the power supply, CPU, or the mother board. Do you get any audable beeps when it is trying to start up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-745-sff.995905/
Relevancy 53.32%

I just purchased a (barely) used Optiplex 960 from my office (my employers often sell used equipment to employees if they want to get rid of it).  It's in great shape, clean, and all the hardware seems to work, except for the fan speed controller.  I know it's supposed to adjust the speed of the cooling fan depending on how hot the CPU is getting, but it's not doing that.  The fans seem to stay on low / medium speed even when the CPU is pushing 70 degrees C according to Speedfan...which is WAY too hot.  The only way I can get the fan to speed up is by disabling the auto-speed control in the BIOS and leave it on 100% constantly. 
Anybody have any suggestions?  Is the temperature controller damaged, or do these systems normally run hot?  Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990682
Relevancy 53.32%

I need information about the following:
I owe a Dell Optiplex 745 sff running Vista Business,
hard disk is a 80 Gigabyte sata
The hard disk is almost full and I wish to take it out and replace same by a 2.5" sata hard disk.
Can anyone tell me whether this is possible and if so how to go about it?
Because it's a small form factor it can only hold one hard disk.
Your advice will be highly appreciated and thank you beforehand.
jvhelden

Relevancy 53.32%

I did a restart on my PC because I had a virus and I couldn't get the virus off now the monitor is froze on one page 1 screen blue asking questions and with them what does the symbol next down at the bottom and I can't there's no air like a woman who I can't get that thing off there I need help Live Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-760.1158525/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a dell optiplex Gx 270 it powers up but with no dislay on the monitor boots up and from the on board speak you can hear that Windows xp has loaded but still displays nothing. I have change my ram, i have tried a pci display card, but still to no avail and i have also tried heating the display chipset on the board and still have same redults someone please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-gx-270.1165736/
Relevancy 53.32%

Trying to fix this thing up for my grandaughter. It has a 200 mh. processor 128MB ram and a 40GB hard drive. Now it seems that the mb. drive controller is inop. At least that is what it says when I try to boot. I was told that it wouldn't support the 40 GB drive anyway so I bought a PCI ATA card. By the way I installed a 6GB. drive to see if the MB.would boot it,and it said the same thing. How can I get it to boot? It seems impossible because I need the PCI card to get to the drive and the system needs the driver for the PCI card to run the drive. Is there any chance???

Relevancy 53.32%

Heres the basics: I had my digital camera connected to my computer via usb. Through an unfortunate series of events, my computer was on standbye and the camera got unplugged without telling the computer to disconnect it first. The computer told me a file was corrupt then shut off, and it won't start anymore. When I turn it on, the harddrives start working, but my master cd drive starts clicking. Neither cd drive works at all. I tried removing all the RAM and starting the computer to listen for beeps, but I heard none. From what i've read so far, that indicates a motherboard failure, but the no output points to a video card failure. I'm not sure what steps to take next, so any help will be very appreciated.

My computer: Dell Dimension 4600, Windows XP Pro, 1gb RAM, 200 gb and 80 gb hard drive, 2.3 ghz pentium 4, sp1

A:Motherboard failure or video card failure?

What you can do is plug out everything just leaving you Ram, MB ,processor display card, power supply and turn on the machine once done and evrything runs smoothly and disply is shown than its none of the above device problem if there was a problem in that stage than you can narrow down try interchanging the ram module into different sockets. If you have another diaply card you can try that too. IF that worked try hooking up all devices one by one .See which one gives you problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-failure-or-video-card-failure.288081/
Relevancy 53.32%

Some information about my system Motherboard ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard Processor AMD Athlon X Kuma Power Possible Failure Motherboard Failure, Supply GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core black edition Processor AD ZWCGHBOX Video Card EVGA -P - -A GeForce GTX Core Superclocked Edition MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI RAM CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C I ve read a few threads here on these forums and have found a few similar situations but nothing that really matches what i m dealing with Here goes I was playing a game when my PC Power Supply Failure, Possible Motherboard Failure made a short strange muffled hissing noise and then popped The PC completley shut down like someone has pulled the plug Almost right away it smelled like an electrical fire I figured this was the power supply NZXT W since it is around years old and has been through a lot The following day I went to best buy and picked up a Thermaltake TR W PSU and installed it After plugging in the main power cord from the wall outlet I switched on the PSU itself Inside the SB PWR light on the MB lit up I thought this was good news I hit the power button for the whole system and the CPU fan moved slightly and the front LED light quickly flashed on and off Then nothing I checked to make sure all connections were snug Same result I can t remember why but I unplugged the -pin Auxillary power connector and powered on the system All the fans started up and all the LED s lit up but no system start This is really bizzare to me Any help or guidance would be appreciated Things I ve Tried -Reset Motherboard by pulling out battery for minutes -Took out both sticks of RAM and powered up There was no beeping or noise of any kind -Completley cleaned the whole system of all dust and build-up nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Last night I opened it up to see where a second drive would go and I don't really see an obvious spot for one. Nor do I see connectors around where the current hard drive is. Does anyone know if this PC can accept a second HD?

A:Add a second HD to Dell Optiplex GX280?

It can if you remove the floppy drive and mount the hard drive in that spot. You'll need to use an IDE cable with two connectors and use it for the CD/DVD and the new hard drive. I don't recall if there was a SATA connection on the motherboard, if so that would be the way to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/add-a-second-hd-to-dell-optiplex-gx280.156464/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello i got this dell optiplex gx 260 and i have this monitor well its a tv which i use for monitor and it loads the dell logo but then after that the screen turns black, so i got my old old old.... monitor a Amptron and i was able to see it fine, so any help here? the tv is a toshiba

Relevancy 52.46%

just as the title says i Optiplex with GTS compatible Dell 450 is 780 just want to know if nvidia geforce gts is compatible w my dell optiplex here are the specifications of my desktop MS Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Core Duo E GHz GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz Manufacturer Kingston Max Bandwidth PC - MHz Type DDR Size MBytes Channels Dual DRAM Frequency MHz CAS Latency CL clocks RAS to CAS Delay tRCD is GTS 450 compatible with Dell Optiplex 780 clocks RAS Precharge tRP clocks Cycle Time tRAS clocks Command Rate CR T DELL E x is GTS 450 compatible with Dell Optiplex 780 Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM GB Seagate ST AS SATA SoundMAX Integrated Digital High Definition Audio Monitor Name DELL E on Intel Q Q Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Current Resolution x pixels Work Resolution x pixels State enabled primary output devices support Monitor Width Monitor Height Monitor BPP bits per pixel Monitor Frequency Hz Device is GTS 450 compatible with Dell Optiplex 780 DISPLAY Monitor i dont know anything about computers so i just copied the specifications of my desktop using speccy thanks

A:is GTS 450 compatible with Dell Optiplex 780

The power supply is the problem. Only 255W in the desk top version. The GTS450 needs one 6 pin power cable and it is very unlikely your PSU has one.

OptiPlex 780 Desktop Details | Dell

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/124308-gts-450-compatible-dell-optiplex-780-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have an old dell optiplex gx110 with a pentium 3 processor and 128mb memory 15 gig harddrive, this is my first computer, i am 48yrs old and not too computer savvy. savvy? i have had windows xp downloaded and am wondering how i can optimize the performance of this old machine... like could i use a different windows os system to free up more memory? or somehow adjust the bios settings for faster performance or upgrade the basic processing unit (inexpensively) ? i would appreciate any and all suggestions to that i can optimize performance and speed with this old dinosaur... thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Forum-I have an old dell desktop optiplex G1. It has worse than lousy 2 mb of video.Appearantly this video is on board as I can see no card, though it appears it has slots to accept cards. I looked every where on the net(or almost), but very limited info is available for the upgradability of this old unit. I seen some video cards(32 & 64mb) on ebay that looked as though they may fit slots, but I`m not sure they would work. Also could this grampa`s CPU be upgraded to say PIII(100or133 mhz bus). If so what parts may I need to upgrade? Thank-You very much for your knowledgeable advice.

A:Upgradability for Dell Optiplex G1

Not a lot you can do with that system. I don't believe there is an AGP video slot, but you should be able to add a PCI (not PCIe) video card. It's a Pentium II so the best you could do would be to upgrade to a faster PII. Since it's got a 400 that just leaves the 450 and that would be a useless upgrade.

In the end I can't see that it's worth doing anything with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgradability-for-dell-optiplex-g1.518699/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX270. It is a SFF. Is this equivalent to a Micro-ATX?
I wish to replace motherboards and use a ZOTAC 9300-A-E.

A:Dell Optiplex GX270

Hi

Dell use their own PSU's in these models and you can only use the correct board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-gx270.140997/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All I currently have a problem with my computer Seeing i m a beginner i have no idea how to fix my problem Hopefully there will be enough info below for somebody in the know to help me solve my problem -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly I have a Dell Optiplex GX Desktop O S Win XP pro SP MHz Bus MB Ram I recently installed new ram x The ram specs where provided by Crucial memory s patch The ram specs where DDR SDRam PC MHz x bit CL the computer was running fine after i installed the memory for a bit over hours I had received an Ram troubles Optiplex with Dell email at that point i got an error screen telling me to restart my computer in normal mode if this was the first time i had seen this message This information was on the screen Error Signature --------------- BC Code e BCP C BCP B D BCP B D BCP OSVer Product STOP x xE F x x B x --------------- I restarted it but it froze halfway through the bios loading I restarted again it started power on but nothing else and the screen stayed on stand-by I restarted again it showed n-vidia card and nothing else I tried booting it from CD it did nt respond just a black screen It was suggested to try removing the Ram troubles with Dell Optiplex new hardware and reinstall it again i did but no success i got a screen saying Alert previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint Ismi for help in resolving this problem please note this checkpoint and contact Dell Technical Support I sent an email no response yet ---------------- I then reinstalled the stick and it booted up but when it got to the welcome screen i got a message telling that the system had recovered from a severe error and to send it to MS the report contained this info C DOCUME PC LOCALS WER of dir mini - dmp C DOCUME PC LOCALS WER of dir sysdata xml ---------------- After i copied the message above i got the blue error screen again with the info below BC Code e BCP C BCP A BCP B C BCP OSVer Product then i tried a few more times to get it running but each time i went to enter Windows i got the error screen like above I then reformatted my drive raw partition reinstalled the Dell A Bios and reinstalled windows again with the mb of ram installed It was running well fully updated with all programs reinstalled and updated i then decided to reinstall the x to see if my problems had been resolved When starting the computer beeped i turned it off reinstalled the ram again On restart it booted to the welcome window point then i got another error screen STOP x E xC D xBA C xBA FB xBA FB At this point i disconnected the computer and threw it out the window of a th floor unit ONLY JOKING I reinstalled the mb its running fine with it so what is it causing my computer to reject the x sticks when in the first instance it ran smoothly for over hours Thanx in advance to anyone who can tell me whats wrong and give me steps to resolve this issue I am at the end of my very limited knowledge on computers and are still shaking my head about it Hope its something basic as there s not much point at looking at gig of ram in anti static bags nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello! I want to upgrade to DELL OptiPlex 760 (service tag
<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
).
1-replace the HHD drive on the SSD.
2 - replace the E6600 on CPU Q9550S.
3 - to add 4 more GB of RAM.
Version BIOS - A16. All the latest updates for your computer installed.
Questions: 1 - the PSU should be changed? 2- it is possible during the update do not use the fan HHD disk? 3- possible such an upgrade and have all the systems to work stably?
Thank you for your time. Best regards, Sergey. Sorry for bad English.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986294
Relevancy 52.46%

I am unable to open Microsoft Outlook (probable hard drive problem - I keep getting the message that the program is not responding). My question: Is there a way to retrieve data from the system, such as contact list, calendar, and e-mails (inbox, sent items, draft, etc.)? I'd like to copy this data onto another computer with a USB flash drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-gx1-problem.40044/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am working on a Dell OptiPlex GS for one of my less fortunate friends. (this thing is a p166 with 32MB ram and a 56kbps modem. No speed demon, thats for sure). Anyway, I can't find enough info on this machine to access the BIOS. I know I am missing something but I can't figure out what. Delete does'nt work, F1 either. The machine in question can be found at http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dalt/Specs.htm.

Thanks

A:Anyone know how to get into the BIOS of a Dell OptiPlex Gs?

OptiPlex Systems

On all Pentium-based OptiPlex systems, press the Ctrl + Alt + Enter keys at the same time, or the F2 key as the system powers up.

Darn I have to read what I paste, the keys where bracketed and that's why it didn't make any sense, removed brackets.

Sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-know-how-to-get-into-the-bios-of-a-dell-optiplex-gs.75306/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am using A Dell Optiplex GXi to build a Smoothwall. I didn't have a keyboard to go with it. Can I use any keyboard with it?

A:Keyboard for Dell Optiplex GXi

This is the description of the keyboard port

PS/2-style keyboard
(1) 6-pin mini-DIN

That's the most common type, so you shouldn't have any problems. If you have a keyboard with the larger plug there are adapters. USB ports are available so that's an option also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-for-dell-optiplex-gxi.396871/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I was told in one of the forums that a Intel CORE 2 QUAD PROCESSOR Q9650 SLB8W 3.0GHz 12M CACHE 1333 MHz FSB would work in my Desktop. I purchased it on E-bay and installed it with the already upgraded bios A22. It did not work. I tried to install my original cpu that did work and now I cannot get it to even post. I have removed the battery for an hour and that did not help. I tried a different video card in case that was the problem. I get absolutely nothing on the monitor. I am at a loss. Does anybody know a trick or two to get it back up and running. Thank you very much for your time. Robb

A:Dell Optiplex 755 Cpu Problem

Best option is to post on the Dell forums, where those familiar with Dell's can help you. Dell Desktop Forum http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/

The Dell specs list these 3 CPU types: The Q series, based on what the specs show would not be supported.
l Intel? Core™2
l Intel vPro™
l Intel Celeron?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334618-dell-optiplex-755-cpu-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I scrappedited a motherboard and cpu for my personal rig, but when I went to put the front panel power switch and lights I realized that the case I took the mobo out of only used a 5 pin wiring for the power switch, hddled, reset switch and pled, where as this case uses 8 pins for it.
In the top right of the mother board it has the 5 pin connector labeled pwrswi but on the lower right (where the front panel things would usually connect it is labeled ledhi. Any idea as to how I am supposed to connect them

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983348
Relevancy 52.46%

The motherboard in my Dell Optiplex needs replacing nbsp There is no fault with any other component Dell UK will not help me because apparently my computer is a non-retail model I bought it from eBay around months ago There are so many Dell repair agents here in London but ALL of them only offer their service for Dell laptops Other repair facilities appear reluctant to take a Dell computer apart supposedly because Dell computers are quot unlike quot other computers There are two options I would willingly consider Have the motherboard in my existing computer replaced Find someone to remove the Hard Drive copy a small amount of the data on the Drive specifically the four folders - Documents Pictures Music Videos onto a USB stick allowing me to then dump my Dell Optiplex as a bad experience and invest in another make of co mputer What I need is the address of any repair outlet in Greater London that can perform either of the two nbsp Any assistance would be much appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990757
Relevancy 52.46%

is Dell Optiplex 760 MT and GT730 compatible to each other? Someone please help me, im struggling to buy one because im scared if it is compatible or not. Thanks.

A:Dell Optiplex 760 MT and GT730

Unknown. These video cards were validated by Dell on this system model =FM351 ATI Radeon HD2400 XT 256MBC120D ATI Radeon HD3470 256MBY103D ATI Radeon HD3450 256MBH995J, K722J Nvidia Quadro NVS420 512MB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19683267
Relevancy 52.46%

windows 7 enterprise. ethernet is plugged in but I have no internet.

had lots of spyware which I removed. but cant figure out why I have no internet. ran troubleshooter. says "local area connection has no valid IP configuration". not sure how to fix that.

any ideas? thanks.

A:dell optiplex 960 no internet.

try disabling and re-enabling the network card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378060-dell-optiplex-960-no-internet.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently purchased a used Dell Optiplex GX1, and formatted the drive, re-loading Win98 successfully. After 20 minutes, the monitor goes blank, although moving the mouse brings the drive back to life the screen stays blank. I entered the BIOS setup, but found that it's asking for a setup password, and I can't effect any power management settings. Any practical help would be greatly appreciated...

A:Dell Optiplex BIOS

There might be a clear CMOS jumper on the board, if not or you can't find/identify it, you can pull the battery out for a few minutes. This should reset your password to the default which is nothing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-bios.287196/
Relevancy 52.46%

The college I go's Computer Lab has a eBay account in which Need Dell Optiplex 780 drivers: they sell used PC's that are surplus or no longer used I bought a Dell Optiplex from them Since I was in class today and the auction ended today just minutes before class I snagged the only bid of Now all the computers in the computer lab are this model and run Windows I was told that Windows is native to this desktop It came with Windows Pro but if you know me Need drivers: Dell Optiplex 780 I am all about personalization so I wiped Need drivers: Dell Optiplex 780 the PC clean by deleting the partitions using GParted and installed w myself It says it has all the drivers except technically it needs The system claims that the Video drivers are already installed but I cannot achieved a higher resolution than x on a p x monitor The computers at the college running the same OS same model desktop are displaying in p Mine is not however drivers needed PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV Video Driver Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV says it is installed but no HD or widescreen computers at college are

A:Need drivers: Dell Optiplex 780

All Dell original drivers: (all is free)

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Products/?app=drivers
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Products/desktop/optiplex_desktop?app=drivers&country=us&lang=en&seg=19
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/optiplex-780/drivers

Last link is what You need I think. Open, select Your system and download what You want.
If You begin from first given link, You can also use automatic system detector and recommendations. It is all for free.
Old Dell user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610530/need-drivers-dell-optiplex-780/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am resurrecting this 2002 built PC for general home use for a beginner, it will have WIN 7 as the OS.
I plan to install a 60GB SSD for the OS only, can I install a second HD?
Does it need an AGP or other card?.

A:DELL Optiplex GX260

just as an fyi, you are going to run into issues putting 7 on that system. It was designed for XP, and 7 didn't exist at the time, so you will have a very hard time finding compatible drivers for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-optiplex-gx260.1158075/
Relevancy 52.46%

after a recent power flactuations, my pc couldnt launch the pre-installed xp. I tried to install the xp but when it reaches the portion for installing devices, the monitor screen goes black while the monitor lpower ight still keeps green. when there is no cd in the cd drive, the pc powers on POSTs and the monitor light turns amber. I have tried severally in vain to reinstall the xp. What could be the problem, the monitor or the cpu? and if it is cpu, is it a hardware problem and what could be done to remedy it

A:xp cant install in dell optiplex gx 280

Rule out graphics or other problems by running an operating system from a usb or cd. My favourite is Linux Mint which you can download from here.

Download - Linux Mint

Burn the .iso to a disc and boot from it. If it boots ok then the hardware is fine then it's a software issue. If that's the case try and get another installation disk from a friend or wherever and try that.

If the CD with Linux Mint on it can't load then you have a graphics fault perhaps caused by the power fluctuations.

I think this model has integrated graphics but also has space for a pci-express graphics card. So if you can get hold of one of those you could try that..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-cant-install-in-dell-optiplex-gx-280-a-612510.html
Relevancy 52.46%

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY ALL MY  DELL OPTIPLEX 380 COMPUTERS GIVING AMBER LIGHT.  I CHANGED THE POWER SUPPLY.  THEY ARE ALL NEW COMPUTERS WE WAS PURCHASED LAST YEAR JUNE. CAN SOME ONE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUES. WHAT CAUSES THAT?

THANKS..

Andy.

A:ISSUES WITH DELL OPTIPLEX 380

Hi Andstino,
If it's okay, I'd like to ask you some questions regarding this as I want to make sure that we get to the bottom of the problem for you. Some of the questions will ask you to remove components from the system so please make sure that you remove the power cord from the back of the system before attempting these.
1) Switch the system on. Can you tell me if the power button is flashing amber or a solid amber? Please also tell me if you notice any diagnostics LEDs staying lit - these are labelled 1,2,3 and 4 and are near the front headphone sockets
2) Please remove all peripherals at the back of the system and switch the system on. Does this affect the power button LED or diagnostic LEDs
3) Have you added any components to the system e.g. video cards, sound cards etc...
4) Please open the system and remove the following components:
a) Power and data cables from hard drives and optical drivesb) Any PCI/PCI-Express expansion cardsc) All memory from the systemd) The system fan
5) With the above removed, please reconnect the power cord to the back of the system and switch the system on. Please make a note of what happens with the power button LED and the diagnostic LEDs
6) If there are no changes to the power button LED or diagnostic LEDs, please remove the power cord from the back of the system and remove the following components:
a) I/O panel cableb) CMOS battery
7) With the I/O panel cable and CMOS battery removed, please connect the power cord to the back of the system. The system should automatically try to switch on. Do you hear any beeps from the system? If so, can you tell us exactly what you hear?
If you need any assistance with removing these components, please see the User Manual here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/op380/en/index.htm

Please keep us updated on how you get on!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19433684
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys, I reloaded win7 on this unit, it started restarting on it's own after I choose the shut down option in windows and it shuts down but now "sometimes" when i go to the net it will shut down too and restart, any ideas please?

A:Dell optiplex 390 restarting on it's own?

Tap F8 at boot and select Disable Autorestart on System Failure. Hopefully the next time it will throw a BSOD you can diagnose. Also check your Event Viewer for any problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601548/dell-optiplex-390-restarting-on-its-own/
Relevancy 52.46%

can the power supply  be upgrade in the Dell OptiPlex 790 mt ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990721
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed windows 7 Professional in a Dell Optiplex GX240.  I need to find the associated drivers for it.  Does anyone know a website?  Should I just reload windows Vista home premium?  

A:Dell Optiplex GX240

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/optiplex-gx240?ref=ff32&s=bsd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490289/dell-optiplex-gx240/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I have dell Optiplex 780 SFF (Small Form Factor) PC. It have 3 SATA options. I want to add 2nd hard drive in it but I can't see any power cable for 2nd Hard drive.
At present I have  One SATA Hard Drive and One SATA Super Combo. But the power cable of SATA Super combo is very unique I can't able to give power from that cable to my 2nd Hard Drive.
Is there any possibility to add 2nd Hard drive in PC case ???

Best Regards,
Dani

A:Add second Harddisk in Dell Optiplex 780 SFF

Hi Dani,
The SFF uses a slim optical drive which does not take a standard SATA power connection. You'll need to purchase an adapter or SATA power cable splitter to provide power to a second hard drive.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19538893
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 mini tower and the past week or so there has been a ticking noise coming from the cpu fan area. I am not getting an error code when running diagnostics, it honestly just sounds like something is in the way causing the noise. I want to remove the fan and try cleaning it, but I have never done this before do not want to damage my cpu. I have looked on the Dell site trying to find maybe documentation on how to do this, but can not find anything and i dont have warranty any longer.
Does anyone know of a site or where on the Dell site to find documentation/videos on how to remove a cpu fan in a optiplex 755?

A:Dell Optiplex 755 Removing CPU Fan

valley_girl1919,Start here for the Optiplex 755 user guide. Choose the appropriate chassis type from that page then proceed to the Removing and Replacing Parts section. You shouldn't have trouble locating instructions for how to remove the CPU fan there.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19439717
Relevancy 52.46%

Ever seen i have this computer been running good but recently i don't know what happen but it runs slower and it has very low ram but never had a problem. Is running window xp pro sp3. Any idea what could be wrong.

A:Dell optiplex gx260

have you recently installed any new software or hardware?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-optiplex-gx260-638809.html
Relevancy 52.46%

ok...

I am at work trying to rebuild a Dell Optiplex GX260, My Windows 2000 SP2 CD that came with it, appears to have insufficient drivers for it. Primarily for the NIC or Ethernet Controller.

Is an Ethernet Controller a NIC?

Any tips where I can get drivers? I cant find any on the dell site.

I also don't have access to a windows XP cd that may have drivers on it.

please give any insight

Relevancy 52.46%

I have 28 dell optilex 330 pc,s same configuration
I installed windows xp to one pc ( it did not ask for Activation Key)

and after installing all the drivers and softwares

I sys prepped Selecting (dont reset grace period for activation)
after reboot when i on the Pc Its asking for the activation Key

why is this happening since i have original licence version Xp

Please Help Me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sys-prep-dell-optiplex-330-28-pcs-363903.html