Windows Support Forum

win 2000 admin logon

Q: win 2000 admin logon

I have been tasked with rejuvenating a pc with win 200 sp4 installed. The unit was given as a gift from a company that was upgrading hardware. The problem is of course The pc boots, win 2000 starts but the dreaded login window appears( administrator). The supplier does not know what the admin password may have been. (small company with frequent staff changes). Any hope to reclaim this or am I destined for a new OS install?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: win 2000 admin logon

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 57.19%

Cust. has an existing Win 2000 advanced Svr. There are about 25 PCs w/ 2000 & XP. Currently they do not log on to the Svr, but boss would now like them to. Tried, and they could not get onto existing domain. I kept getting a DNS lookup error? To add I could ping the Svr and see the shared drive on the network but it had a red x on it?

A:2000 pro PC cannot logon to 2000 advanced server domain.

Does the server has a static IP address? try setting the server's IP address as the clints DNS server (you just input the IP address of the server in the clients DNS server address in the network properties).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-pro-pc-cannot-logon-to-2000-advanced-server-domain.286340/
Relevancy 55.04%

How can I overcome the annoyance of being asked to run certain progs as admin when I already am...How can I log in permanently as admin to avoid this.I would appreciate any help on the above subject

Thanks iknownuffin 70

A:Win 8.1 how to logon always as admin

Hello Phil,

You could use the built-in elevated "Administrator" to sign in to Windows to always "Run as administrator", but you will not be able to use any modern Store apps while signed in to this account.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

If that would be an issue, then you could use the method in the tutorial below to create elevated shortcuts of the programs you run often for this to not get prompted by UAC.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56505-win-8-1-how-logon-always-admin.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate.
When I ran setup it asked for a name and choose a picture. Every start-up since then brought me directly to my desktop.

I installed Office Ultimate a few days ago and now when I start up it consistently takes me to the welcome screen and forces me to choose "Administrator" or the name I typed during install. I have UAC disabled, but I'm not sure that has an impact here as it booted fine before.

Outside of system restore, is there a way to regain my 'normal' start-up again?

A:Admin logon questions...

Originally Posted by da180

I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate.
When I ran setup it asked for a name and choose a picture. Every start-up since then brought me directly to my desktop.

I installed Office Ultimate a few days ago and now when I start up it consistently takes me to the welcome screen and forces me to choose "Administrator" or the name I typed during install. I have UAC disabled, but I'm not sure that has an impact here as it booted fine before.

Outside of system restore, is there a way to regain my 'normal' start-up again?

this tutorial may help u.
Good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220960-admin-logon-questions.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm having problem running a new program on my computer when i'm logged in as admin. But i can run it on other log on's
and i can run this program on my laptop (windows xp pro). I can also run this same program on win 2000 and win me computers that my friends have.

Has anyone had the same prob I would love to hear from you

Thanks

AnnaG

windows xp pro
intel celeron mmx 300 mhz
128mb ram

A:Program won't run on admin logon

You could have a look at the Admin's Username within Windows Explorer by right clicking the UserName in question's folder and choosing Sharing and Security/Security then check all your settings in Permissions at the bottom. Or try removing/adding that particular account again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-wont-run-on-admin-logon.105276/
Relevancy 54.18%

W- with SP Have User accounts one missing for Admin Logon as quot pat Admin quot the other as quot alex Admin Password protected quot Whether booting Restart Switch User Log off the quot alex Administrator Password Protected quot does not appear anywhere except in quot User Accounts Manage another account quot from the CP It boots directly to quot pat quot Switch User quot just opens back to quot pat quot same with Log off PC had been infected with mucho Adware and was cleaned with this problem resulting System Restore had no affect it rebooted to quot pat quot with no User option Safe Mode has no affect quot alex quot in quot Manage Accounts quot quot Make changes to alex's account quot has the options available quot netplwiz quot quot Users quot has quot alez quot and quot pat quot quot pat quot is accessable to add a password quot alex quot is not Logon missing for Admin clickable I can access all of Alex core folders in quot C Users alex quot Help appreciated Pete

A:Logon missing for Admin

In netplwiz / Users, is Alex still an admin? If not, can you click on Alex or click Properties and go to Group Membership and make him so? Then reboot.

Otherwise, I would assume corruption of the account, and would rescue data, delete the account and make a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363932-logon-missing-admin.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Microsoft finally got me to answer a new window that popped up asking for a Lockout?? W2K-Admin Logon Admin Password Well what can say I had a weak moment and put my favorite password into the blank box For about years this PC has been working relatively trouble free Now this Idiot pc will not let me logon no matter what form of password I put into the box This is the Admin Logon window I am almost at the point of reformating the hard drive however I thought of another angle to attack this W2K-Admin Logon Lockout?? problem Of course I never created an ERD while the Win K was running fne So I m left to other creative approaches Fortunately this pc is equipped with a changeable hard drive drawer and I have Win and Win XP installed on two other hard drives Questions Can I format the hard drive of the Win XP drive and reinstall Win to generate a brand new ERD Then I can finally plug this floppy in to salvage my problem hard drive with Win Q is all this worth the trouble Will the ERD actually help me reclaim the pc and allow me to reset Admin password Or do I really need to give up and reformat the problem hard disk with Win Fortunately I have been able to copy files off this problem drive through the use of a USB adpater onto another pc HELP nbsp

A:W2K-Admin Logon Lockout??

tomwalop,

I sent you a private message to a link that might help you out. Good Luck,

TK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-admin-logon-lockout.397110/
Relevancy 54.18%

In a 2003 server domain. I want only the admin to be able to logon to a certain box. How would I do this? I am looking on the web for any answers feel free to let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-admin-logon-only.413639/
Relevancy 53.75%

System WinXP SP When I logon at quot user screen quot logon is to quot system quot admin account instead of personal users account Only two user accounts on this computer both have admin rights Account...! Admin Logon Incorrect but initial Incorrect Logon Admin Account...! log on by either logs on to Admin account instead of specific user desktop If user logs off and then logs on again the correct user desktop will then be available but it requires two logons I Incorrect Logon Admin Account...! have sought help here on other forum see link and posted some images there of screens I see displayed but thought that perhaps a HJT log analysis might point to the cause of this logon problem as I have not made any progress in fixing this logon problem http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -winxp-logon-problem html Help always much appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe c windows explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C HJT HijackThis exe F - REG system ini Shell c windows explorer exe F - REG system ini UserInit c windows system userinit exe O - BHO no name - BCA - A - eaf- - C B D - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - ED - D- A-BBCF- C AC AE - no file O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run PCTFW quot C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe quot -s O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O -... Read more

A:Incorrect Logon Admin Account...!

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.
================

The version of HijackThis that you have is out of date. Uninstall that, and install this new one:

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incorrect-logon-admin-account.786483/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,

I am trying to load a mobile broadband dongle onto my laptop.

However it will not load the drivers from the dongle. I am pretty sure it is because I am not an administrator of the laptop.

As I am installing the dongle it tries to load and download the drivers however I get an access denied.

I have tried to log on locally using net user administrator/:yes and I also get access denied.

I do not know the admin password (it's a work laptop) however most of my colleagues have loaded a dongle with no issue.

I have also tried to manually transfer the drivers from one laptop to another ! however they still will not copy.

Any help is muchhhh appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A:How can I load drivers - without an admin logon

Hello Dinzy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but you will need to talk with the IT manager or department at your work to have them install it instead, if they will allow it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/113585-how-can-i-load-drivers-without-admin-logon.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, i have Windows XP Pro. How do i log on as admin? All my songs etc are on that account but it doesnt give me anyway to log onto admin since i created a second user account itjust atomatically puts me on that and when i goto log off the new screen that comes up only has the option of logging into the new user i made. Any advice please?

Also how do i make more than three icons display in the quick launch bar at one time without some of them hiding away?

Thanks Richard.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys, i have a problem, i'm not sure if this issue has been raised or what but here is my problem.My environment:2003 Domain controllerFile and Print server WSUS ServerSQL ServerWindows XP wks2 new Windows 7 wksWhat happens is that when i try to logon to the domain on  the win7 machine as a std user i get error"You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer"If i logon with the domain admin account i'm able to logon and also if i make users members of domain admins they are able to logon to the domain. I realy do not believe that this is the way to go because it compromises my network security. Any help will be gladly appreciated.Thanks

A:Non admin users cannot logon to the domain on Windows 7 wks

Symptom: When trying to logon a computer using non administrator ID, you may receive this message: "You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer. Please see you network administrator for more details."
Case 1: Group Policy' "Allow log on locally" was not setup to allow users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain, you need to add the users or domain users to the "Allow log on locally". Please follow these steps to add the users.

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Allow log on locally" includes Administrators, BackupOperators, Domain Users or Users.

Case 2: Group Policy' "Deny log on locally"  was setup to deny users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain locally, "Deny log on locally" should be empty or no users or domain users in the list. Please follow these steps to remove the users or domain users from the "Deny log on locally".

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Deny log on locally" is empty.

Case 3: The local group policy allow user to logon. However, domain group policy which overrides local policy doesn't allow users to logon locally. The resolution is modify the domain policy to allow users to logon locally.

Case 4:  The domain policy allows domain users to logon locally, but the local policy doesn't and the domain policy doesn't apply to the computer. The fix is running gpupdate to force to update the domain policy.
Case 5: Norton Firewall blocks the communication between the client and domain controller. The solution is disabling Norton firewall or re-configuring it to allow to access the domain controller.MCSE, MCSA, MCDST
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f750de8-d56e-4951-a2b1-839e55934745/non-admin-users-cannot-logon-to-the-domain-on-windows-7-wks?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.32%

When I disable secondary logon service in my admin account, I still get prompts for run as admin on my standard account. Am I misunderstanding secondary logon? I thought the whole point was to deny elevation for the account I browse with. Thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54720-disabling-secondary-logon-still-get-admin-prompts.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, A friend has installed Windows 2003 and when the computer boots he is prompted to hold down the Control+Alt+Delete as a security feature before entering The Log On password. I would like to know if a password was not set upon installation if the prompt would still appear ? Also I would like to know if this feature can be bypassed somewhere in the settings.

THANKS

Relevancy 53.32%

I need to have a login name with a password and admin permissions but don't want to disturb the usual user by forcing a choice of logins where before her PC just opened for her automatically.

I do a bit of support for some U3A folk and want to install Teamviewer on some of their machines to do remote support. To be validated across the network or Internet, I need to have a passworded login and don't want to use their login names (many without passwords!) but only one of my choice or preferably the 'hidden' Administrator account (best for full access).

Is it possible to have access to Administrator (I know how to enable it) and not spread confusion by having it plastered on the login screen?

My current networked PC is not W7, alas, so I can't experiment before going to their home.

A:Admin logon but not interfere with auto login?

You can still tell Windows to automatically log in using a specific account even though there are multiple accounts in the system.

Start > type "userpasswords2" in the search bar.

Uncheck "Users must enter a username..... blah blah". Hit Apply.

It will ask for a username/password that it should automatically log in with.

Continue to set up user names as needed or BETTER YET, set up all the usernames you want THEN do this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143359-admin-logon-but-not-interfere-auto-login.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So my dads computer was running slow so I downloaded Advanced system care to clear some stuff up and make it run faster It was fine for about days Idk if he did it or if Not to permitted Admin interactively!? Password. logon I somehow did Now instead of his user log in it only shows up as administrator and has a password I can't get onto the home screen to change anything When I click it gives a message saying The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively The biggest problem is when I try to enter safe mode or anything it brings me to the log in screen but I can't even see the administrator account I've been looking up ways to fix the problem for the past few days and he's borrowing a laptop so I had an alternate comp to try anything I could This has been a pain to wrap my head around Please somebody help me D Admin Password. Not permitted to logon interactively!? lt

A:Admin Password. Not permitted to logon interactively!?

I suggest you uninstall Advanced System Care...and any similar programs you may have installed...then follow that by running the chkdsk /r command...tollowed by running the sfc /scannow command.

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP, chkdsk - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

LEARN how to use SFC.EXE (system file checker) - http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551717/admin-password-not-permitted-to-logon-interactively/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a couple of low-level apps that should be started on logon stay on the system tray and require admin privileges The most important of them is NextSensor my processor tends to overheat especially in summer which is now starting here in the Southern Hemisphere and is predicted to be hotter than usual this year and NextSensor throttles it down to safety when CPU temperature approaches dangerous levels Actually NextSensor is the main reason why I'm running -bit Windows it won't run on -bit because it needs to run its own system drivers for that and it doesn't have apps LOGON in doesn't (TS Admin AT work) std accts a -bit version yet Just putting a shortcut to NextSensor in the Startup folder will cause annoying UAC prompts every time I logon to a standard account Using Task Scheduler works great if I logon to an admin account but no setting Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work) I have tried will make it just quietly start and go to the system tray in a standard account - Setting it to run as an admin user in Task Scheduler either Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work) as an admin account or the Administrators group also forces me to check Run only when this user is logged on otherwise it won't ever appear on the tray Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work) Windows disables user interaction when this option is unchecked Predictably duh this causes the task not to run if I just log on to a standard account even if I configure the task to run specifically at that account's logon The quot At logon of any user quot trigger is ignored - it will only run when I logon to an admin account It is also not there as a background process I checked it in Task Manager quot Show processes from all users quot - Setting NextSensor to run as the standard user itself at that account's logon and checking quot Run with the highest privileges quot will make it run but only after an annoying UAC prompt at logon which I want to avoid Of course this is the same result I get just placing an ordinary shortcut to NextSensor at the Startup folder which is much simpler and less resource-intensive - I also tried the Task Scheduler shortcut method described in a tutorial here placing the shortcut to the task at Startup A DOS window appears at logon for a brief fraction of a second not long enough for me to read anything in it if there is even anything to be read there but the task won't be started Again it doesn't appear in Task Manager and is not in the background either - it's really not running Without the safeguard of NextSensor I am avoiding doing any CPU-intensive task for now until I solve this problem Any suggestions Thanks

A:Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work)

See if this will help"

Mike Lin's Home Page

Right click on a blank area below any items listed that you want the app to run on and select "add".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38790-admin-apps-std-accts-logon-ts-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
I want to know how to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password when

reset disk is not available?

A:How to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password?

Hi Amin2234,

As far as I know, this option is useful in case we will forget the passwords in the future. If we have created a password reset disk, we can use it to reset the password without re-installing the machine. If this option is missing or corrupted,
we will have to reinstall the machine if we have forgotten the password.

As for the security reasons, it is not available to reset the password without the resetting password disk. We shouldn`t be worried about this.

Best Regards,
Tao

Please
mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.
If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29e90ccf-1fbd-4205-8ef3-5d47193e7865/how-to-remove-windows-7-logon-screen-and-admin-password?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 52.46%

Admin acct was enabled during malware cleanup. I've tried the 'net user Administrator /active:no' and it's not working.

Need to be able to boot straight to desktop.

Options?

A:Disable Admin acct OR remove logon screen?

Hi Netghost56 Did you run the command inside a command prompt opened with Admin Rights (right-click on cmd and select Run as Administrator)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574956/disable-admin-acct-or-remove-logon-screen/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had a new Windows 8.1 Pro system installed. Was able to logon to it with no problem. The computer name was OWNER. Changed it to what my previous computer was named. Now during startup the Admin logon gives the following message:
The user name or password is incorrect. Try again.
When I click on 'OK' I'm presented with a signon screen with Admin as the user name. No password that I enter works. When I lookup the signon accounts Admin is NOT one of them.
Listed the user accounts and found the following item for Admin:

AccountType=512
Description=
Disabled=FALSE
Domain=JAMESGATEWAY-PC
FullName=JAMES FLETCHER
InstallDate=
LocalAccount=TRUE
Lockout=FALSE
Name=Admin
PasswordChangeable=TRUE
PasswordExpires=FALSE
PasswordRequired=FALSE
SID=S-1-5-21-1214041905-3759206490-3728594358-1001
SIDType=1
Status=OK

Any idea on how to fix this problem.

A:Default logon acccount (Admin) gives error message

Do you mean you changed the Computer Name from Owner to JAMESGATEWAY-PC or that you renamed the login account name from Owner to something else?

What folders show under C:\Users?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51097-default-logon-acccount-admin-gives-error-message.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m having several issues with my Sony Vaio Profile Lock turned Logon User Failed Admin Out...Help! Windows bit Home Premium Laptop A few days ago upon start-up I received an error message when trying to login to my Admin account My caps were not on and I was entering the correct password Error message - quot User Profile Failed Logon quot I am able to log on to a secondary user account that does not have admin authority so I m basically stuck To make matters worse I did a bunch of shutdowns restarts to see if it would fix itself and now I get quot password incorrect quot error message on Admin acct I do not User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! have any cd s for the pc due User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! to Hurricane Sandy and I don t have another laptop I went to Youtube and found a Safe Mode Registry Fix that was super easy and was going to try it but now that I am no longer receiving the quot User Profile Failed Logon quot and have subsequently locked myself out I m not sure this fix applies I ve read tons of blogs and have visited countless forums and I m afraid to cause any more damage lose access to the secondary user account or the ability to connect to the net I definitely cannot afford to have it serviced and am hoping that I can resolve these issues with your help nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I am having a strange problem on a Windows XP system that is on the domain. I installed Windows XP on this system and added my group as administrator and created a local admin ID. The user was ok and able to use his system but then after a reboot was unable to logon to his system using his cached domain acct. and I was unable to logon using the admin id. Has anyone seen this before? If so or not any ideas on how to fix it remotely.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-logon-using-cached-domain-acct-or-local-admin.408861/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there anyway to bypass the windows 2000 logon screen. I tried to get rid of it and instead now it won't take the password and won't allow me to access the computer at all... Can someone help???

David

A:Windows 2000 Logon

Go here: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

This is a Linux boot disk that can modify the SAM. It's easier than it sounds. This will enable you to change the Administrative password so you can, at least, get in your box.

- Kaplan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon.67867/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I try to logon as 'administrator' I get a User Environment message: Window can't load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile DETAIL- Not enough storage is available to process this command.
I have defragged and have about 10 gigabytes of free drive space. I'm able to set up another account which runs ok, but I can't access my original email account and stored messages. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey,

I can't remember the password to my system. Can anyone provide help? The system is Windows 2000 Professional. I was 'sick' and did not logon for the past 2 months and just can't seem to remember the password.

Thanks!

A:Need Help with logon to Windows 2000

What type of password is it. Bios or operating system ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-logon-to-windows-2000.251851/
Relevancy 50.74%

In Windows 2000 Professional, how can I get rid of the windows logon upon start up? Hubby is the only one using this pc and it is very annoying to him.

A:Get rid of Windows Logon in 2000

Hi there. You might want to check out the following link. It should have the solution your looking for.

How To Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-rid-of-windows-logon-in-2000.703840/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Windows 2000 Professional. When users log off, their username appears in the Username part of the logon dialogue when someone else tries to log on. I would prefer this to be blank when a new user logs on. Is there any way of preventing it from displaying the username of the last user?

A:Windows 2000 Logon

Yes, open Control Panel, then Administrative Tools and Local Security Policy. Expand the Local Policies, then Security Opptions. Double-click on Don't display last username and select enable, click OK and close. It should not require a reboot, but it may.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon.99189/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok here is the deal, I was messing with my friends computer, it has windows 2000 pro. He is in the army, so the computer has profiles on it set up by an army administrator. There were 3 user profiles total, 2 administrators, 1 guest. I went and deleted one of the administrator profiles, and after that when i boot the machine and get to the logon screen, it wont take any of the passwords.

He needs data on the drive, so i tried pulling the drive and making it a slave in another computer, but it doesnt show up. It seems like it is protected some how ( I'm sure it is, because its an army computer).

I dont know what to do, I cant log in at all, because it wont take any of the passwords, and I cant get any data off the drive, cause I cant see it.

Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to anyone who answers this.

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional. I was set up so when I turn on my computer it doesn't ask for my login name and was working fine but all of a sudden that has changed. I get a message telling me my login name or password isn't correct. (I don't have a password. ) I then have to type in my name. This is a pain in the neck. Can anyone tell me why this has changed and how to I go about fixing it?

Thank you.

Rosalyn

A:Windows 2000 logon

http://216.92.56.121/faq/win/2kautolog.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon.470932/
Relevancy 49.88%

cannot access my PC. Running windows 2000 pro PC as it is not taking what I thought the logon password is. I am locked out. I am not super technical and would like a shortcut. I did receive a tip, but it was for XP and is only good if you are already in. I need to retrieve a critical word doc.

Relevancy 49.88%

password not working. forgotten? How do I get in. I have looked at the program that a few people have recommended, making new boot disks, etc. Great if you are a computer engineer, but for the rest of us dummies you might as well ask me to build a rocket ship to pluto. Isnt there an easier way???

A:windows 2000 logon password

There is such a thing as a password reset disk, which is quickly found through the help and support menu. Here is the easily followed instructions directly from it below.

Hope this has been an encredibly easy answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon-password.437858/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there a way in Windows 2000 to have the system automatically log on using one of the user accounts? I know this is something that can be done in Whistler, but i was wondering if there is a way in Windows 2000.

Relevancy 49.88%

Good night all,

I have forgot my logon password to open my windows 20000. How can i bypass or reset that password so i can use windows again

Alain

A:lost logon password on Win 2000

Google Search for: Offline NT Password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-logon-password-on-win-2000.181210/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have mulitple win xp pro client's loggin into a windows 2000 domain. They all seem to login slow, they hang on the "applying personal settings" menu.

The computers are on the same switch, running at 100mbps.

Any suggestions, patches?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-2000-domain-slow-logon.122435/
Relevancy 49.88%

HI all,

I used the mmc console to place a logon message for all users on my network. I did it from my machine which is running winXP and most of the users are running win2k. I removed the snap in which had the message in it and now the computers running XP do not have the message. However, all machines running win2k still have the message. I cannot find where it is residing.

any help would be great, thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-message-in-windows-2000.157304/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I wish to disable logon when starting Windows 2000.

There is no tick in "require logon" and I've changed the value for the appropriate key, using regedit, to O from 1.

Any help would be most appreciated. The system didn't used to require logon and for some reason has started to.

Bye,
Penny

A:Disabling Logon for Windows 2000

As I got no replies here, I downloaded FreshUI and used that to sort the problem.

Tuppence

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-logon-for-windows-2000.367180/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was playing around with 'users and guests' trying to share a printer on my desktop with the 2 laptops on my home network.

Now the desktop has been restarted and I connot login. I have tried my username and pass, Administrator and 'password' and no password at all. It keeps defaulting to 'Guest' at the logon screen.

Can anyone help? is there a program download for password recovery?

Thanks

D

A:Windows 2000 logon problem

Yep, and I got it from this forum:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon-problem.194003/
Relevancy 49.88%

i am running windows 2000 advance server with two client compomputers, windows 98 and win 2000 professional. the network was working fine untill recently. now i cannot logon from my win 2000 pro. neither on the computer nor on the network. when i reset the password from the server and try to logon i keep getting an error message that passwod and user name is incorrect or there is no domain to log me on. is there any way to bypass the logon screen at startup or to get access to the computer files? dns and dhcp are both installed and started.
when i ping the computer the address showed up. any suggestion.

A:windows 2000 logon screen

Can you log onto the 2k pc using a local admin account, not the domain account? If so, you should join a workgroup and reboot and then rejoin the domain. You might also check the lmhost file for an entry to the server as this will preclude needing to use WINS or broadcast for the resolution. If all else fails, re-install and join the domain again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon-screen.46714/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have had trouble recently with a worm on my windows- server I spent a few hours getting rid of the little blighter however I now have a machine that will not boot up completely Being paranoid I have my c partition set as Fat and dual-boot so I can boot onto the drive under windows- and poke about a bit What happens is the machine comes up as normal and gets to the quot server Windows - 2000 Help logon Preparing network connections Help - Windows 2000 server logon quot - then it just stops there I ve tried safe mode but that s just the same I ve had a look through microsoft s website and checked a couple of manuals to no avail I get an error message about the application log being full and if this is the first time you ve seen it etc etc and also quot some services did not start quot so things are coming up in the background but I cannot log onto the console Whatching the machine itself once it get s to this state then it pulses the hard drive about every seconds I may well end-up overinstalling Windows- server just to fix it but I think I m within a smidgen of getting the thing working again so it s just fustrating Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted Many thanks Liam nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have had problems with my home machine not keeping my modem settings for the Internet, every time I logout I lose my modem. I have changed the modem, changed the OS system (was 98 now 2000), changed the ISP. I now suspect it's my machine. I have borrowed a company base unit to test the internet connections. But it was previously networked and I cannot get past the logon screen.

Any suggestions please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skipping-the-logon-screen-in-win-2000.393451/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell Optiplex gx260 that went through a nasty power surge yesterday. As a result, the hard drive crashed and stopped loading 2000. Durring boot up, the system would show a blue screen and a "process initialization failure" tag. I removed the hard drive, and copied the drive contents to a known good hard drive ( symantec ghost - clone ). Obviously some of the system files were damaged. The system, now with a new hard drive ( loaded with the old data/ OS) gives a black screen just before loaunching the logon window, and states that the logon process failed due to a critical error. My question is this, can I replace the windows 2000 logon components without reloading windows 2000? Has any one had to deal with a problem like this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon-crash.283826/
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to restore the defulat logon name when my computer starts. It used to always boot up with "administrator" in the name box (me) but after connecting to my home computer it now starts up with another user name - "tom"(the name of my home computer). How can I change the default name to administrator so I don't have to erase 'tom" and retype "administrator" every time I boot up?

Thanks very much for any help offered!

Relevancy 49.88%

We have a Windows 2000, SP2 server running as our DNS server and IIS server. Starting this past Saturday, we lost connection to the IIS web page. Basically, the IIS Admin will not start up. When I go into the IIS Management Console and try starting up the IIS Admin, it just runs on and on forever. It's been 2 hours since. There are other programs that have the same problem, like Network Neighborhood, Installer, etc. I can do other things on the server after trying to start IIS Admin, but it is not starting.

Have anyone seen this before and if so, what can I do to fix this problem and get our website back up and running? Thanks in advance.

Jack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-and-iis-admin.400438/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been given a used PC. Everything is working well, however I can not add a printer. It claims I do not have administration rights. Is there any way to bypass this?

If I cannot bypass this, my other option is to delete the hard drive. In which case I will probably purchase Windows XP operating system and Office XP. What is the proper way to clear the computer and to start fresh with a new operating system?

Relevancy 49.88%

I've just bought a laptop on Win 2k which I cannot find the admin password for to upgrade it to XP.

I've read that this can reset the password for me http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ , but I cant get the laptop to boot from CD. There's only an F8 option at startup that doesnt cover device booting options. Can somone advise how I can do this, and if possible a way to set it to boot from CD in another way, such as a command prompt whilst logged in I've heard about.

If there's a better way of unlocking it to install XP then do advise, I want to upgrade it to XP in the simplest, quickest way possible, thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

How do I prevent the Windoow 2000 logon prompt from appearing at startup ?

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi. I've got a problem that has got me completely baffled. I've got 3 Windows XP Pro machines connecting to a Windows 2000 domain server. They all logon, but it takes probably 2 full minutes to get to the desktop after the logon screen. It sits at "Applying your personal settings" screen for what seems like forever and then finally gets to the desktop. I've checked the firewall settings for the network connection and it is disabled. I've reconfigured the server back to all default settings on group policy and the like. Nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this or experienced this? Thanks for any info.

BTW, I've got SP2 installed on the server and the xp machines are brand new and updated.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi folks I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem that occuring with our wireless connectivity in the school and I am hoping there is 2000 on connectivity wireless before network. logon something in kix which will hopefully sort this out Ok the situation is we have a couple of wireless laptops which use some pcmcia cards Brands we use are dynamode d-link and netgear Now we use kix to connect to network shares make printer connections install software etc and wireless connectivity before logon on 2000 network. a batch file runs once the user logs onto the network but the card doesnt initate before they logon so it doesnt run the scripts until you log off and back on again what we have found is they log on and after a couple of mins of logging on the wireless software will pick up the network and then we will be connected but by then it is too late as it hasnt mapped any drives and hasnt run any applications at startup what i would like to know is if there is something we can do in the registry or get kix to do so that we can specify that once the pc loads up and is on the logon screen it runs a certain application For us this being the wireless program Any help will always be appreciated Many thanks nbsp

A:wireless connectivity before logon on 2000 network.

I was having the same problem and upgrading to Windows XP fixed it as it handles wireless connections natively. If your school is LEA you should be able to get XP upgrade licences quite cheaply, about 36 each. Or Intel wireless cards tend to come with a utility that has a 'pre logon connect' feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-before-logon-on-2000-network.361306/
Relevancy 49.45%

How can I recover or get around a for gotten password? I can't get into the bios (password protected-don't know it) nor can I boot to safe mode or a command prompt. It's the OS on my laptop and it won't boot to the cd-rom or for some reason a boot disk either. I tried Microsoft support but I can't get through to them. Can you help? Much appreciated.

A:Windows 2000 logon password forgotten

well if its your laptop u would know the password....right?
god i always laugh at posts like this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-logon-password-forgotten.64551/
Relevancy 49.45%

can not log onto my windows 2000 computer as it is asking for one. Never had one & somehow it is now asking for one. How do I get into windows to changeit

A:windows 2000 professional logon problem

http://www.ultimatebootcd.comARM Devices are the future, great British Design !

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-professional-logon-problem/66309.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently installed windows2000 professional but I have subsequently forgotten my password. Is there a way for me to recover my password or do I need to reinstall the OS in order to correct this problem?

Also, frequently, when booting up my computer I get a series of 3 beeps and the computer doesn't boot up. I think this is a graphics card issue but would appreciate any thoughts on how to resolve these issues. \

Thanks in advance for any help...

Gilbert

A:Windows 2000 Pro forgotten logon password

What kind of PC?? Compaqs are notorious for beeping at video cards it doesn't like. I heard a fix is to remove all adapter cards and power on/off quickly, then reinstall the adapter cards and it should work. As for the logon password, re-install or ask a hacker how to get in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-pro-forgotten-logon-password.42073/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have set up an automatic logon on Windows 2000 as per the instructions on the Microsoft web site. I have set the following values in the

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon

registry key

DefaultUserName
DefaultPassword
AutoAdminLogon

The auto logon works OK if I restart the PC.

However if I do a logout it does not automatically log back in. Is there another registry key/value I should be checking/setting to get this to work ?

Thanks

Craig

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a computer im trying to upgrade and fix up for someone and the owner of it says their son put an image on the logon screen. i boot the system up to find just before or after the login screen an image of the bottom half of a naked guy pops up briefly and goes away when the desktop backround pops up. also when i shutodown the system it pops up also before shutting down. ive search through and found no images on the computer to cause this...

does anyone know why this might be happening? or what i can do to get rid of this?

thanks for any help

Myth

A:Windows 2000 pre-logon image problem...

bump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-pre-logon-image-problem.589168/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone. I've just put in charge of a small LAN at the school at which I work. There is a server computer running Win 2000 server, and the rest of the computers run Win 98... I've been having rather significant difficulties logging onto the server itself.... in some cases, I can, in others, I get messages ranging anywhere from "No server was able to verify your pasword," to just telling me that the password's wrong... if I had this problem with every computer, it wouldn't be as confusing, but in this case, since it works on some, some of the time, it's got me pretty stumped.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-98-logon-problem.52161/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a windows 2000 domain with both 2000 and xp clients (around 4000)
When the users logon it sometimes takes them 10 minutes to Apply computer
settings. But the XP users logon fine.

I've checked the Group policies and everything seems to be set up properly.
I can logon locally to those machines with no delay.

Does anyone have any ideas.

A:Winidows 2000 domain /slow logon

ScuZZ said:

I have a windows 2000 domain with both 2000 and xp clients (around 4000)
When the users logon it sometimes takes them 10 minutes to Apply computer
settings. But the XP users logon fine.

I've checked the Group policies and everything seems to be set up properly.
I can logon locally to those machines with no delay.

Does anyone have any ideas.Click to expand...

I'd check the DNS settings first. That's usually the cause of your issues.

Since they're older machines, likely, they may have innacurate DNS settings. If they're running DHCP, do an ipconfig -all and see if the DNS servers are matching the ones on the XP boxes (they should be). Then you can start to narrow down the issue from there... But I'd almost guarantee it's a DNS issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winidows-2000-domain-slow-logon.361615/
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there a way in Windows 2000 to either synchronize your login to the network and the pc or to have the pc login save your last login name? Everytime I have a user login and restart the user name goes back to administrator. I dont really care for the users to know that is even an option. Please help....

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello!

I secured a database in MS Access 2000, however after having users join the MS Workgroup, some of the users cannot open the database due to the appearing error message: Could not use 'Admin'. File already in use. When you click the help button on the error dialogue box, the succeeding window references the message "Could not use <name>; file already in use. (Error 3045)"

Does anyone know how to clear this? At the time, there were absolutely no other users accessing this shared database.

Thank you!
Alex

Relevancy 49.02%

How do you get the spiffy blue Logon screen, for multiple users, to come up in Windows 2000? I have set u paccounts, but I can't figure out how to get the logon screen to present itself at boot up. Please help!

A:Creating multiple users logon screen in win 2000?

Are you saying you have multiple user accounts but the computer automatically logs into one user account when the computer boots up.

And you do have this box checked?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-multiple-users-logon-screen-in-win-2000.544410/
Relevancy 49.02%

Login scripts from NT 4.0 server start minimized on Windows 2000 WS. I cannot get them to start in a normal window.

I've tried adjusting window properties, disabling "Run legacy logon scripts hidden" policy and enabling "Run logon scripts visible" policy.

What have I missed?

A:{Advice Offered} - Windows 2000 Logon scripts

Greetings

Ok... why do you want them to be shown? I used to rack my brains trying to get the logon scripts to run hidden (or at least minimised).

There used to be test settings, or settings that intentionally created "error" messages in our scripts, and we kept getting calls from users who thought something was wrong with their machine.

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-windows-2000-logon-scripts.28818/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there,
One of my users keeps getting this message when connecting to his Exchange server..."Logon Credentials supplied were incorrect. Blah blah blah" And I can't find what's wrong.
Yesterday, we were trying to connect to another computer on our network through explorer, and when prompted for the username and password, we got that same message.
But I wouldn't think that something as simple would mess with his Outlook.
Thinking it was his computer, I installed Outlook 2K on another computer here and tried connecting the same way, but with the same results.
Everything in Outlook is set up to connect as it should, and everything goes fine except for trying to log on to that exchange server.
Any thoughts?

A:{RESOLVED} Outlook 2000: Logon credentials error

I think it's the pollen.

Anyway, this sounds pretty straightforward to me. Either the user has forgotten the password, he is not logged into the network on that PC as himself, you need to recreate his profile on this PC, or you need to recreate his mailbox on the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-outlook-2000-logon-credentials-error.43263/
Relevancy 49.02%

Help! I have a windows 2000 terminal server that is not allowing very many users to log on at once. They are getting the error "Could not load profile, please increase registry size and restart" - If I go into terminal services manager and kick some people off that have been idle for a while, and reset the sessions I just disconnected, more users can connect. I have tried everything I can find online and I still have this issue! What the heck is going on here? Thanks

A:Windows 2000 Terminal Server Logon Problems

Google that error message. You'll find a host of threads/articles about it.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-terminal-server-logon-problems/66189.html
Relevancy 48.59%

blue box pops up looking for admin password while trying to access the bios menu after 3 attempts displays " System Disabled [ 70673122 ]

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp 2000-369wm laptop admin password

Hi, Enter  65751104 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-2000-369wm-laptop-admin-password/td-p/5777900
Relevancy 48.59%

Hiya

This patch resolves problems that were found in the Exchange 2000 Admin since SP2 was released. See "More Information" for a list of the fixes that are included in this patch

System Requirements

Exchange 2000 SP2 already installed.

Operating System - Windows 2000

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=35462&area=search&ordinal=10

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2000-admin-patch-jan-15th.65514/
Relevancy 48.59%

http://www.networkclue.com/os/Window...nds/index.aspx

This was also on Digg - does anyone have any other resources they could add to build on this

A:Interesting Admin Command Prompts for XP/2000

Thankyou very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/interesting-admin-command-prompts-for-xp-2000-a-89610.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a client that purchased a repossesed Dell PowerEdge server. They have NO disks, or NO passwords that work. I have tried a linux boot disk that is supposed to be able to reset the admin password, but because of the raid controller it doesn't recognize any NTSF partitions. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this system unlocked. Boots up really nice, but then I"m stuck at the login screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-admin-password.339552/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a network here at work that is using an NT4.0 server. I have a computer that is running Windows 2000 pro that needs to logon to the domain through a wireless connection (running in a trailer in the parking lot). I can get everything to connect and work if I log into the workstation itself, however if I try to log onto the domain I get an error message indicating that the domain is not available. I know that XP has the ability to initialize the wireless connection prior to login but I can't find anyway to do this with W2K. I am using a Netgear WG121 USB (G) adapter with a Netgear WG602 access point. I have WEP turned on in the open mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-window-2000-with-a-wireless-network-adapter-to-logon-to-nt-domain.367190/
Relevancy 48.16%
A:hp 2000 notebook admin or power on password recovery [ New ]

@cris-sdive Enter   75784238 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-2000-notebook-admin-or-power-on-password-recovery-New/td-p/5835301
Relevancy 48.16%

Can't log into Administrator... tried every password I can think of!!!
I know it is case-sensitive, and I have tried leaving it blank.
I can log into user name, but I am very limited to what I can do. I am logged in as a power user...but have no power!
Is there any work around to get into Admin? I really don't want to reinstall.
Appreciate any suggestions.

Relevancy 48.16%

my halt code is 92524127.  i was wondering if anyone could help with this 

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 48.16%

After enter 3 times I received the following code: 62859715

A:hp 2000 notebook admin or power on password recovery

@Zane1? Enter    73731331 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-2000-notebook-admin-or-power-on-password-recovery/td-p/5800623
Relevancy 48.16%

Here is the scoop -
Standalone w2K Pro w/ SP2
I recently converted fat32 to NTFS. All was well and I could login admin accts. Then I created a cypher directory at the root of C and created a test acct. (to make sure that the cypher dir. was secure.) The test acct. was a power user only. Now I am unable to login administrator or any accts. that have admin rights.
This setup is not on a domain/network and has a dislup ISP only.
I 've driven myself nuts trying to resolve this since all of my important files are located on this w2K machine.

HELP!
Thank you,
>Bev

And yes I have tried the recovery console and the PW is still listed as incorrect and no my CAPS lock is not on and I have used this particular pw for the past 2 mos.

A:Windows 2000 Passwds for admin accts not valid

I used a linux boot disk and chntpw to copy SAM file over to ram disk and change administrator PW.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-passwds-for-admin-accts-not-valid.55311/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have 2 servers; windows 2000 & windows 2008, I can always access them via XP but my system 7 home can't authenticate. It appears to add the domain name as a preamble my user name in the authentication....does this make sense?

thank
-Jeff

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-logon-to-server-2000-or-server-2008-from-windows-7-home-469638.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 43.43%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 43%

I'm getting the famous enter admin pass on boot (no BIOS update, laptop been off for a year (no OS atm) and I just started trying to fix it.  The error code I get is: [ 54549743 ] I hope that helps get my mobo unlocked!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP-2000 Enter Admin Pass/Power on Pass at Boot

@PoetheProgrammr? Enter    41421385 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-2000-Enter-Admin-Pass-Power-on-Pass-at-Boot/td-p/5638896
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm trying to upgrade my Dell laptop from NT to XP and I get a " You must have an administrator to run this application" error message.

A:NT 2000 Pro to XP " admin needed??"

Do not upgrade, do a clean (format) install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-2000-pro-to-xp-admin-needed.337379/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all This is my first ever post usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need granted not has Logon requested the logon this compute user failure: type been the at to solve this rather annoying problem So here is the low down I have my desktop PC running Windows Ultimate I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP not much on it so it runs ok I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC So Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states quot Richyv-pc is not accessible You might not have perrmission to use this network resource Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read write control I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Richy V

A:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Hi and welcome to TSF see the steps here and check that you have followed them Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-645121.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 40.85%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Windows 2003 server local policy keeps loosing the users that I set so that it can be browsed accross the workgroup. I can browse the server from the other pcs in the workgroup only for a few minutes until the policy looses the users all by itself. I cannot find anything that can explain what's going on. BTW - I can browse the other computers from the server with no problem. The local policy on the other computers don't change themselves. TY

A:logon failure: the user has -been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If you see this message the following should be done on the computer containing the shared files:

Download the following and install it

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544

after installation is complete, click on: Start, All Programs, Windows Resource Kit Tools, Command Shell

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-computer.693444/
Relevancy 40.85%

I've tried every fix that I can find on the internet to get around this issue. I've identified the problem to be the local policy on the 2003 server that allows incoming access erases the accounts I add after a few minutes, therefore I can no longer access the server from another computer in the workgroup. I can always access any computer from the server. I need help....please. TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange1-logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this.693734/
Relevancy 40.85%

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me

A:Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-this-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute.1084708/
Relevancy 40.42%

We are getting dozens of these Alerts generated at our Exchange Server What is causing it and more importantly what procedural steps do we take to prevent the alerts from generating ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Details Windows Event Alert was recorded Time Date Time Windows Event Time Date Time Windows Event Log Security Windows Event Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Windows Event ID Windows Event Severity Failure Audit Windows Event Logon Process: ID w3wp; 4625; Events Failed Advapi] [Event Procss Type 8; Name: Logon Message An account failed Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi] to log on Subject Security ID S- - - Account Name EXCHANGE SERVER Account Domain DOMAIN Logon ID x e Logon Type Account For Which Logon Failed Security ID S- - - Account Name Username Account Domain DOMAIN Failure Information Failure Reason Unknown user name or bad password Status xc d Sub Status xc a Process Information Caller Process ID xd c Caller Process Name C Windows System inetsrv w wp exe Network Information Workstation Name EXCHANGE SERVER Source Network Address IP ADDRESS Source Port Port Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length This event is generated when a logon request fails It is generated on the computer where access was attempted The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested The most common types are interactive and network The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi]

Account For Which Logon Failed:
Security ID: S-1-0-0
Account Name: [[Username]]
Account Domain: [[DOMAIN]]

Failure Information:
Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
Sub Status: 0xc000006a

Process Information:
Caller Process ID: 0xd5c
Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Network Information:
Workstation Name: [[EXCHANGE_SERVER]]
Source Network Address: [[IP_ADDRESS]]
Source Port: PortClick to expand...

I would start there. Where is the source of the attempt? Inside or outside? If inside, it should be easy to determine who the source is (assuming that this is an internal server). If outside, you may have someone trying to hack an account.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/failed-logon-events-event-id-4625-logon-type-8-procss-name-w3wp-process-advapi.4045827/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Gateway MX6920 that had Windows XP preinstalled on it, I formatted and installed Windows 7. it only has the basic Windows 7 programs on it +Firefox, Google Chrome, TeamViewer, & an Anti-virus, but I have an ongoing issue where the computer completely freezes. the mouse doesn't work, no programs open, and I cannot bring up the task manager. if I press ctrl+alt+del it will still be frozen for about 5 more minutes, then give me the following message the "logon process was unable to display security and logon options when ctrl+alt+delete was pressed" and then just keeps being frozen until I cold boot shut down.

I scanned for viruses, ran sfc /scannow, with several programs but they all report clean

I am at a loss and this is a daily issue

Googling this error message brings up limited but unresolved issues

A:the logon process was unable to display security and logon options whe

according to the following link:

Failure to display security and shut down options. The logon process - Microsoft Community

it looks like the windows winsock needs to be reset. Hopefully doing that will solve the issue: to do that; do the following:

open a elevated command prompt(click start, programs, accessories, then right click on command prompt and select run as administrator) type netsh winsock reset hopefully that will help. If not that then in the same command prompt; type the following: netsh winsock reset

try one of the above commands and see if that helps to resolve the issue.
netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323233-logon-process-unable-display-security-logon-options-whe.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hie guys Iwas looking on some postas with regard to this topic and tried to implement the suggestions I followed the suggestion below To resolve this problem on the remote computer select Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt Properties gt Add Users or Groups add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network This fixed the problem on the interim and at The Logon Failure: the user logon requested granted been not type has t I could access my file shares and printers However when I restart the machine or even log off nad log on again the prblem resurfaces and all the user accounts Iand groups i wolud have added to Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt will be removed and the field empty hence I suspect spam the disallow remote access Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t by editing these entries Any ideas on how Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t this can be resolved would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-t-441971.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have two win xp sp2 pcs. Both of them are in the same workgroup. I can ping each one from the other. I can access the shared folders of one pc from the other. But the reverse is not true. I cannot access shared folders of the other machine.
I am attaching the error message here.

A:logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

After going through a similar thread I installed windows resource toolkit and entered the command mentioned in that thread. But now I am getting Access Is Denied instead of logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-237417.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone I am so glad to have found this forum and to see that others in the past with similar problems have had them resolved looking forward to nutting this one out ISSUE The computer is a win XP with RAID that freezes the mouse and the keyboard if a mouse or keyboard button is touched at the logon screen The mouse works fine until a button is pressed screen freeze with KB logon, Unable at RAID, XP to & mouse logon Win you can even click on a user but are unable Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen to Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen enter a password due to the keyboard and mouse freezing at Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen this moment NOTE originally happened with a USB keyboard and USB mouse using PS keyboard and mouse BACKGROUND I am writing about my fathers old computer which suddenly started freezing up at the logon screen after he wasted weeks trying to get it to work he decided that it was a hardware issue and bought himself a new computer Since then I have proved that there was no hardware error by putting an extra HDD in and installing Ubuntu LTS Everything functions fine under Ubuntu and the files are able to be accessed on the RAID DESIRED OUTCOME While i can access and copy files as needed from the RAID i would like to return access to the win XP install and let my father use it again STEPS TAKEN SO FAR I first attempted to run Live rescue CD's but they could not find the RAID drive - Bit Defender Rescue CD Saw the ubuntu drive no RAID - Kaspersky Rescue Disk Didn't see any HDD's So I ran the following AV programs from ubuntu LTS - Bit Defender NO THREATS FOUND - ClamAV THREATS detected all quarantined Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Temp -RR-Market Bulletin-LJR pdf Heuristics Encrypted PDF Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender installer psstatemgr dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM ReaderUpdater exe Win Worm Agent- Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Firewall bdftdif sys Win Trojan Carberp- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C gzflt sys Win Trojan Delf- Program Files Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox crashreporter exe Win Trojan Shell- Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwtutor exe Win Worm Runouce- Program Files QuickTime QTSystem QuickTimeUpdateHelper exe Win Worm Chir- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender gamemodeal dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files Microsoft Office Office excelcnv exe W Virut Gen D- RECYCLER NPROTECT EXE Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i extrac exe Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall mspaint exe Win Trojan Resur- WINDOWS Installer b d msp W Virut Gen D- WINXP PRO CD I ICWTUTOR EX Win Worm Runouce- WINXP PRO CD I MSPAINT EX Win Trojan Resur- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender avckf sys Win Trojan Cossta- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender proxymgrui dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- I then attempted to logon to win XP with the same result of KB amp mouse freezing at logon screen after a button press I then ran - ESET NOD Antivirus NO THREATS FOUND

A:Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen

So you are able to run the machine  using PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Step 1: 

Download and install LogonFix

Click the Highlighted button.

When prompted select yes.
Allow the program to reboot your machine as well when prompted.

Step 2:

Download drivecleanup.zip to your desktop.
CLICK HERE to determine whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows.
Once the determination has been made open either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder.
Right Click the .exe on the inside of the folder and run as admin.
A command prompt window will open telling you what has been removed upon completion.
Note: All usb devices must be removed from your machine during this step, except your keyboard and mouse of course. 

Step 3:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.
Close any open windows
Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Vista/7/8 Users, Right Click and select Run as Admin)
TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run
Click the Start button to begin the process
Allow TFC to run uninterrupted
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541306/unable-to-logon-win-xp-with-raid-kb-mouse-freeze-at-logon-screen/